Permanent roads having a line of rails fixed to ties and laid to gage, usually on a leveled or graded ballasted roadbed and providing a track for freight cars, passenger cars, and other rolling stock. Cars are designed to be drawn by locomotives or sometimes propelled by self-contained motors. (From Webster's 3d) The concept includes the organizational and administrative aspects of railroads as well.
A by-product of the destructive distillation of coal used as a topical antieczematic. It is an antipruritic and keratoplastic agent used also in the treatment of psoriasis and other skin conditions. Occupational exposure to soots, tars, and certain mineral oils is known to be carcinogenic according to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985) (Merck Index, 11th ed).
A greasy substance with a smoky odor and burned taste created by high temperature treatment of BEECH and other WOOD; COAL TAR; or resin of the CREOSOTE BUSH. It contains CRESOLS and POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS which are CARCINOGENS. It has been widely used as wood preservative and in PESTICIDES and had former use medicinally in DISINFECTANTS; LAXATIVES; and DERMATOLOGIC AGENTS.
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.
Hepatitis, Infectious Canine
East Hampton (town), New York
Railroad lines. The Long Island Rail Road's sole line in the Town of East Hampton is the Montauk Branch, which includes ... They were shipped via the Long Island Road, along the Sag Harbor to the wharf which was owned by the railroad at the time. ... During the War of 1812 a British fleet of seven ships of the line and several smaller frigates anchored in Cherry Harbor and ... 12.2% of the population and 10.3% of families were below the poverty line. Out of the total population, 20.5% of those under ...
Private Lines Railroads Total 1880 1,000 est. 310 1,310 est. 1885 5,010 est. 990 6,000 est. ... must also incorporate an air line for pneumatic braking, a communication signal air line, and a steam line for train heating. ... For many years, virtually all of the perishable traffic in the United States was carried by the railroads. While railroads were ... White, John H. Jr. (1993). The American Railroad Freight Car: From the Wood-Car Era to the Coming of Steel. Baltimore: Johns ...
Library of Congress Classification:Class H -- Social sciences
Rapid transit systems 5601-5725........Automotive transportation (Including trucking, bus lines, and taxicab service) 5746-5749 ... Coastwise shipping 1001-5600........Railroads. ...
In modern steel mills these processes often occur in one assembly line, with ore coming in and finished steel products coming ... Railroad tracks. *Structural steel in modern buildings and bridges. *Wires. *Input to reforging applications ... made by lining the converter with a basic material to remove phosphorus. ...
Washington Union Station
... where major north-south lines of the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad and Seaboard Air Line Railroad provided service to the ... Philadelphia: The Pennsylvania Railroad Company.. *. Churella, Albert J. (2013). The Pennsylvania Railroad: Volume I, Building ... Stations along Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington Railroad lines. *Stations along Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac ... When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad announced in 1901 that they had agreed to build a new union ...
"Railroads". A Country Study: Nepal. The Library of Congress. 22 March 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2013. "Garratt Locomotives ... After a washout of the railway embankment and two bridges, the track between Janakpur and Bijayalpura (22 km railway line) was ... This 39-kilometre-long (24 mi) line allowed people from different areas of the country to reach Amlekhganj, and helped move ... The locomotive ran from Jainagar to Janakpur at speeds far exceeding the restrictions on the line, resulting in the normally ...
Airline Deregulation Act
Continental Air Lines, Inc. v. Civil Aeronautics Board, 519 F.2d 944, C.A.D.C. 1975. Stover, John F. (1997). American Railroads ... In 1970, the Penn Central Railroad had collapsed, then the largest bankruptcy in history, resulting in a huge taxpayer bailout ... United States Congress became concerned that air transport, in the long run, might follow the nation's railroads into trouble. ... Railroads, Trucks, Airlines, and American Public Policy in the Twentieth Century. Historical Perspectives on Business ...
Another railroad serving Hutchinson is the Tucumcari Line of the Union Pacific Railroad, which runs northeast-southwest through ... Kansas and Texas Railroad, merged in 1988 with Missouri Pacific Railroad, merged in 1997 with Union Pacific Railroad. Most ... "UPRR Common Line Names" (PDF). Union Pacific Railroad. Retrieved 2010-07-24. "Hospitals near Hutchinson, KS". Best Hospitals. U ... Lastly, Hutchinson is the terminus of two lines of the Kansas and Oklahoma Railroad: the Hutchinson Subdivision, which enters ...
Coal-country railroads were generally reluctant to embrace diesel, a competitor to one of their main hauling markets, well into ... Most lines are electrified, with the major exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland and Albania. Some low volume secondary ... Mainline passenger railroads had already been electrified, or their electrification had been planned regardless of the Kaufman ... The second was delivered in the same year to Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's yards on Manhattan. Both worked into the late 1950s ...
"Streamlining the Railroads". Product Engineering, June 1934 "What Price Beauty of Line and Color". Metal Progress, August 1934 ... The Hiawatha Room at Coffeedrome Coal Burners by Otto Kuhler Colorado Railroad Museum website Railroad Art by Otto August ... Mobile and Northern Railroad. Parent company American Car & Foundry used Kuhler to style its growing line of motorrailers ... Currently, some of his work can be seen at the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, CO. Other Kuhler paintings are owned by the ...
Alamogordo and Sacramento Mountain Railway
The line became part of the Phelps Dodge El Paso and Southwestern Railroad in 1905 and was leased by Southern Pacific Railroad ... Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette: 47-52. Myrick, David F. (1970). New Mexico's Railroads. Colorado Railroad Museum. pp. 72- ... Rock Island and Pacific Railroad. The railroad reached Cloudcroft, New Mexico, in 1900, where a lodge was built for summer ... From Toboggan the line used a switchback with two trestles on a 22-degree curve with a 6 percent grade. The first trestle was ...
Minneapolis and Rainy River Railway
The Minneapolis and Rainy River Railway was a 97 miles (156 km) long American short line railroad used primarily for logging ... Due to the abundance of liver sausage in the logging camps along the line, it was nicknamed the "Gut and Liver Line." Despite ... Less than two weeks after its inception, the railway purchased the property of the Itasca Railroad. The 1916 Railroad ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Northern Itasca Joint Powers Board (2010). "Gut and Liver Line: Whistle Stops in the ...
1834 in rail transport
This Month in Railroad History - January. Retrieved May 23, 2005. "Wilmington & Raleigh Railroad". North Carolina Railroads. ... Dawson, Anthony (2020). Yorkshire's First Main Line: The Leeds & Selby Railway. Market Drayton: Railway and Canal Historical ... The Castleton and West Stockbridge Railroad is chartered to build a railroad between Albany, New York, and the Massachusetts ... state line. April 1 - Jim Fisk, American financier who worked with Daniel Drew for control of the Erie Railroad (d. 1872). ...
Butler Branch (Indiana)
... tracks of the Eel River Railroad (also known as the Butler Branch line). The first attempt to construct a railroad along the ... Louis Railroad; Philadelphia, Baltimore & Washington Railroad)". Ghost Railroads of Indiana. Bloomington: Indiana University ... giving it a direct line from Detroit to its main line at Logansport, and they used the line as a key connecting link between St ... This line was better known as the Eel River Railroad (late 19th century), since it roughly followed that northern Indiana ...
The Puget Sound Shore Railroad, a branch of the Northern Pacific Railway, built the first railroad between Seattle and Tacoma ... recommended Longacres as the transfer station between the north-south commuter rail line and a light rail line serving the ... "Tukwila Station Project: Federal Railroad Administration Finding of No Significant Impact". Federal Railroad Administration. ... The railroad was sparsely used during its early years, earning the title "Orphan Road", but had several daily passenger trains ...
In 1967, the SAL merged with its rival the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad (ACL), which became the Seaboard Coast Line Railroad ( ... "Carolina Central Railroad". North Carolina Railroads. Retrieved 12 March 2021. Seaboard Air Line Railroad Virginia Division ... Seaboard Air Line Railroad Georgia Division Timetable (1955) "Carolina Central Railway". North Carolina Railroads. Retrieved 12 ... the Carolina Central Railroad was acquired by the Seaboard Air Line Railway (SAL). The SAL would also acquire other lines ...
Duluth, Missabe and Northern Railway
Its line was opened in 1892 with the first load of iron delivered via trackage rights on the Duluth and Winnipeg Railroad (D&W ... Several liens were soon filed against the railroad amid allegations of improperly favoring certain creditors, but the railroad ... the mine owners alleged that the railroads were giving unfair advantage in rates to the mines that the railroads' parent ... The railroad built new ore docks there, including its Dock No. 4 at 2,304 feet (702 m) long with a capacity of 119,274 long ...
A good map of roads and rail lines around Quincy and Milton including the Granite Railroad. Old USGS maps of Milton at UNH. ... Karr, Ronald Dale (2017). The Rail Lines of Southern New England (2 ed.). Branch Line Press. pp. 376-381. ISBN 9780942147124. " ... Granite Railroad Massachusetts Bay Railroad Enthusiasts Granite Railway Timeline. ... The railroad was designed and built by railway pioneer Gridley Bryant and began operations on October 7, 1826. Bryant used ...
Tower City Center
The Union Terminal served most rail lines: the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, New York Central Railroad and Nickel Plate Road. ... The Red Line took the place of a never-completed interurban line. An additional vault for that line was located at Mayfield ... Exceptions were the Pennsylvania Railroad and initially the Erie Railroad. It was never particularly popular with the railroads ... Since the CTS Rapid Transit (Red Line) and the Shaker rapid transit (Green and Blue Lines) were owned by different entities at ...
Arroyo Seco (Los Angeles County)
The wooden trestle was replaced with the Santa Fe Arroyo Seco Railroad Bridge. Eventually this line would hook up with rail ... Santa Fe Arroyo Seco Railroad Bridge with a Gold line Tram crossing ... lines built from the east to create the cross-country course of the Santa Fe Railroad. For local commutes, an electric traction ... San Gabriel Valley Railroad had been established from Downtown Los Angeles with a grand wooden trestle that cut a straight line ...
Transportation in Kentucky
"Railroad Service in Kentucky" (PDF). Association of American Railroads. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-06-24. ... The Cardinal, Trains 50 and 51, is the line that offers Amtrak service to Ashland and South Portsmouth. Amtrak Trains 58 and 59 ... Formerly the CNO&TP subsidiary of Southern Railway, it is NS's most profitable line. Knight, Andy. "On the Right Track - ... Also, Norfolk Southern's main north-south line runs through central and southern Kentucky, starting in Cincinnati. ...
Alabama Midland Railway
Together the railroads formed a continuous mainline from Savannah to Montgomery, colloquially known as the "bow line" due to ... In November 1888, the railroad reached Luverne, Alabama. Now totaling 51 miles (82 km) the line was converted to standard gauge ... ISBN 0-8047-1731-1. Schaffner, Hart (1920). A History of the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad. 29. Houghton Mifflin. pp. 186-187. ... Ownership would remain with the ACL until its 1967 merger with Seaboard Air Line to form the Seaboard Coast Line and the ...
St. Joseph Valley Railway (1889-1897)
Michigan Railroad Lines. East Lansing, Michigan: Michigan State University Press. ISBN 978-0-87013-693-1. Michigan Railroad ... Soon afterwards the line again changed hands, and continued to decline. In August 1893 the Michigan Railroad Commission again ... The line was built along the west bank of the St. Joseph River; this eliminated the need for bridges but forced the line along ... Matters came to a head in 1886 when the Michigan Railroad Commission condemned the line as unsafe for passenger service. ...
About 16.7% of families and 22.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 30.0% of those under age 18 and 1.9 ... The San Joaquin and Eastern Railroad sold Shay locomotive Lima #2534 to the Red River Lumber Company. The BNSF Railway (BNSF) ... 91-16, University of Nevada collections of historical material about Red River Lumber Company and Fernley and Lassen Railroad, ... 17 (172): 3, 4&9. "Fruit Growers Supply Lumber Line Being Torn Up". The Western Railroader. Francis A. Guido. 16 (167): ...
Woburn station (1844-1981)
Branch Line Press. ISBN 0-942147-02-2. Karr, Ronald D. (1994). Lost Railroads New England. Branch Line Press. ISBN 0-942147-04- ... Karr, Ronald D. (1995). The Rail Lines of Southern New England - A Handbook of Railroad History. ... all trains travelling outbound from North Station on the Lowell Line simply stayed on the main line all the way north to Lowell ... The only station on the Lowell Line left in Woburn was Mishawum, a low-capacity station that was only meant to serve the ...
A new railroad depot was constructed on the Bergen County Railroad in 1929. The depot replaced a wooden freight depot that ... Radburn is a New Jersey Transit train station in the Dutch Colonial Revival style, served by the Bergen County Line. It is on ... "Plan New Railroad Station Serve the Town of Radburn". The Paterson Morning Call. April 15, 1929. p. 2. Retrieved July 28, 2020 ... "Radburn Railroad Station". The Bergen Evening Record. Hackensack, New Jersey. October 14, 1929. p. 26. Retrieved July 28, 2020 ...
Transport in Mersin Province
There are two railroads. One line (constructed in 1882) connects Mersin to Adana at the east. That line known as Adana-Mersin ... because it is the connection point of the Adana Mersin line and a second line from the Central Anatolia . The following table ... Mersin Railway Station is the southernmost train terminal of Turkey and by a tail line it is connected to Port of Mersin. ... Railway Line has 7 stops in Mersin Province most of which are used by the commuter trains. ...
Boston and Maine Corporation
Branch Line Press. ISBN 0-942147-04-9. Karr, Ronald D. (1995). The Rail Lines of Southern New England: A Handbook of Railroad ... Branch Line Press. ISBN 0-942147-02-2. Media related to Boston and Maine Railroad at Wikimedia Commons Boston & Maine Railroad ... On January 28 of that year, the B&M and Eastern Railroad came to an agreement to both lease the PS&P as a joint line to ... Maine Central Railroad (MEC), New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad (NH), Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR), Quebec Central ...
Lake Erie and Northern Railway
... and the New York Central Railroad and Michigan Central Railroad lines through Waterford. While these railways stimulated the ... In 1914, with the line still under construction, the LE&N was purchased by the CPR, which finalized the line's status as an ... This was the intent behind the Canada Air Line, an air-line railway which took the shortest practical route through the area. ... As a result, many interurban lines were bought by municipalities and combined with their electric streetcar lines. Others, ...
Rocky Mountain Rocket
ISBN 978-1-62700-497-8. Marvel, Bill (2013). The Rock Island Line. Railroads past and present. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana ... Further competition arrived in 1942, when the Missouri Pacific Railroad and Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad introduced ... The bulk of the train went northwest to Denver on the Union Pacific's main line (ex-Kansas Pacific) to Denver, while the rest ... By 1936 both the Burlington's Denver Zephyr and the Union Pacific Railroad's City of Denver were locked in head-to-head ...
The Great Southwest Railroad Strike of 1886 was a trade union strike involving more than 200,000 workers ... In India, the Trade Union movement is generally divided on political lines. According to provisional statistics from the ... In the 1980s, Mexico began adhering to Washington Consensus policies, selling off state industries such as railroad and ... such as railroad builders and craft tradesmen. After facing violent repression, such as during the 1934 United Fruit Strike ...
Liquefied natural gas
"Next energy revolution will be on roads and railroads". Reuters. 2014-08-12. Archived from the original on 23 July 2015. ... Excluding high cost projects the increase of 120% over the period 2002-2012 is more in line with escalation in the upstream oil ...
Freight rail service is provided by Union Pacific Railroad's Calexico Subdivision.. Landmarks. Salvation Mountain is a ... About 2.4% of families and 2.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.9% of those under age 18 and 17.8% ...
Metropolitan State Hospital (Massachusetts)
... as it was not located near any railroad lines. Its buildings were designed in the Colonial Revival style by Gordon Robb, with ... It also reflected the advent of roads rather than railroads as major transport arteries, ...
The "front line" of Wills' orchestra consisted of either fiddles or guitars after 1944. ... and later being chased by railroad police. ...
It was estimated that 200,000 people lined the route to see the coffin draped procession. Every Mexican military offices ... In 1929, Edward T.M. Carr - Superintendent of the Southern Division of the Long Branch Railroad made a good will tour. During ... "Carr who Served Railroads for 65 years", Asbury Park Press, Feb 19 1950, Page 3 ...
Webster (village), New York
The railroad at the north end of the village attracted dried or evaporated apple businesses and small wood-working industries. ... About 8.3% of families and 11.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.5% of those under age 18 and 6.5% ... which connected shipping points on the Erie Canal and the New York Central Railroad with a small port on Lake Ontario, was ...
This includes construction, landscaping, forestry, brush clearing, land surveying, farming, railroad work, oil field work, ... utility line work, park or wildlife management. U.S. workers in the northeastern and north-central states are at ... Another method originating from Australia consists in using about 20 cm of dental floss or fishing line for slowly tying an ... "Effective Tick Removal With a Fishing Line Knot". Wilderness & Environmental Medicine. 21 (3): 270-271. doi:10.1016/j.wem. ...
Joseph Taylor Robinson
He championed the Keating-Owen Child Labor Act and worked to enact bills to regulate railroads and other key industries. He led ... he maintained strong friendships across party lines. ...
About 3.4% of families and 5.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.1% of those under age 18 and 3.2% of ... With the arrival of the Boston and Maine Railroad in 1839, the population center moved gradually southward toward the depot. ... The town includes many historic houses, pastoral landscapes, and old stone walls that accompany winding tree-lined roads. It ... service from Boston's North Station with the Hamilton/Wenham station on its Newburyport branch of the Newburyport/Rockport Line ...
"Thankful N'Thoughtful" (Night Lines album, 1984) - with Dave Grusin. *"Between Old and New York" (Night Lines album, 1984) - ... In the railroad's print ads, a young woman dressed all in white emphasized the cleanliness of Lackawanna passenger trains. (Its ... Her stage name came from an early 1900s fictional advertising character used by Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad. ... The other two are tavern-lounge cars built in 1949 for the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad's premiere train, the Phoebe ...
Winter Park, Florida
The city is traversed by the old East Florida and Atlantic Railroad ("Dinky Line") railroad bed, which until the 1960s had a ... SunRail operates a rail line through Winter Park on the former Atlantic Coast Line, with an Amtrak and SunRail commuter rail ... They promoted it heavily. During this time, the Winter Park Post Office opened, and the railroad constructed a depot, ... The area did not develop rapidly until 1880, when a South Florida Railroad track connecting Orlando and Sanford was laid a few ...
Rocks line the outside of the wood boards that create the sluice. ... First Transcontinental Railroad. Folklore. *Dead man's hand. * ...
East New York, Brooklyn
... the Queens borough line to the east; Jamaica Bay to the south, and the Bay Ridge Branch railroad tracks and Van Sinderen Avenue ... The 2, 3, 4, and 5 trains at Pennsylvania Avenue, Van Siclen Avenue and New Lots Avenue on the IRT New Lots Line. This line ... This line serves City Line and New Lots.. *The J and Z trains at Broadway Junction, Alabama Avenue, Van Siclen Avenue, ... "THE BROOKLYN & JAMAICA RAIL ROAD THE LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD and ATLANTIC AVENUE PART ONE". ARRT'S ARRCHIVES.. ...
"Sunday Punch Line. Retrieved December 4, 2013.. *^ "Dagupan, Milpitas renew sisterhood pact - Sunday Punch". punch.dagupan.com ... The first railroad in the Philippines, the Manila-Dagupan Railway, terminated at the city. ... The first long distance railroad in the Philippines connecting Manila and Dagupan was opened on November 24, 1892. ...
Ellis Island Immigrant Hospital
a Rosy-Cheeked Irish Girl the First Registered -- Room Enough for All Arrivals -- Only Railroad People Find Fault". The New ... This is why there were female physicians stationed on the medical inspection line. Some immigrants had no idea what X-ray ... This reduced the need for the older Line Inspection at Ellis Island which was very efficient, but allowed many ill immigrants ... The PHS doctors conducted the Line Inspection, the medical examination of arriving immigrants, and treated detained immigrants ...
Usor:IacobusAmor/Disputata anni 2009 - Vicipaedia
Ok your absolutely right to say there should be a better opening line in the upper part, but don't you think it's a bit a stab ... railroad engineers, civilian balloonists, telegraph operators, judges, businessmen, and even women. Btw, participare in ... Should we bite the bullet and add a line of text to them all? I just don't know ... Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 09:41, 10 ... no one saw your summary and the nonsense has remained on line for a week :( Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 11:33, 22 Augusti 2009 ( ...
504th Infantry Regiment (United States)
"American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop ... The "40 and 8's" were railroad cars dating from World War I, so called because they were designed to carry 40 men or 8 horses. ... Frank van Lunteren, Spearhead of the Fifth Army: The 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment in Italy, from the Winter Line to Anzio, ... After remaining in the front-line for the next few weeks, on 16 November 1944, the 504th arrived at Camp Sissone near Rheims in ...
About 14.8% of families and 16.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 29.5% of those under age 18 and 11.1 ... Birmingham Railroads were completed through Jasper. The population grew from 200 people in 1886 to more than 3,000 in 1890. ... About 10.2% of families and 13.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.3% of those under age 18 and 13.2 ...
Southern Pacific Transportation Company
Southern Pacific Railroad. *Predecessors of the Union Pacific Railroad. *Rail lines receiving land grants ... The Southern Pacific (reporting mark SP) (or Espee from the railroad initials- SP) was an American Class I railroad network ... Railroads in italics meet the revenue specifications for Class I status, but are not technically Class I railroads due to being ... The Southern Pacific Railroad was replaced by the Southern Pacific Company and assumed the railroad operations of the Southern ...
Mineola, New York
Mineola is the site of the Mineola Intermodal Center, which contains a Long Island Rail Road station, as well as a bus station ... About 2.6% of families and 4.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.5% of those under age 18 and 5.4% of ... About 2.6% of families and 4.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.5% of those under age 18 and 5.4% of ... Mineola has a central railroad station and Nassau Inter-County Express hub station. Mineola has become a bedroom community for ...
3 railroads; the CSX and Norfolk Southern Railway and 1 bus line; Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. Amtrak operates ... About 7.1% of families and 9.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.9% of those under age 18 and 11.2% ...
Laurel Hollow, New York
About 0.7% of families and 1.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.0% of those under age 18 and 7.3% of ... Jay Gould, leading American railroad developer and speculator. His success at business made him the ninth richest U.S. citizen ...
Stark County, North Dakota
It was named for George Stark, a vice president of the Northern Pacific Railroad. The county organization was not completed ... About 7.9% of families and 12.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.6% of those under age 18 and 16.7 ... About 5.9% of families and 10.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.9% of those under age 18 and 13.1 ... The county was slightly enlarged on January 18, 1908 by a small strip of land (due to a redefinition of county boundary lines ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
June 28 - Lehi fighters opened fire on a line of British soldiers waiting in line outside a Tel Aviv theater, killing three ... November 1 - Night of the Trains - Haganah fighters sabotaged railroads used by the British, and sank three British guard boats ... March 23 - One British soldier was killed when a train on the Cairo-Haifa line hit a mine in Rehovot. ... Palestine Railway K class 2-8-4T steam locomotive and freight train derailed from the Jaffa and Jerusalem line after being ...
Burlington and Missouri River Railroad
Burlington and Quincy Railroad in 1872. At the time, it had begun laying tracks to Denver, Colorado; this line was finished by ... The Burlington and Missouri River Railroad (B&MR) was an American railroad company incorporated in Iowa in 1852, with ... After being acquired by the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad, the Burlington and Missouri River Railroad served as its ... Burlington and Quincy Railroad took over the Black Hills and Fort Pierre Railroad in 1901. ...
Conservatism in the United States
In the United States, this translates into hard-line stances on moral issues, such as opposition to abortion and homosexuality ... On the contrary, they were more than willing to see government provide tariffs, railroad subsidies, and internal improvements, ... along the lines of the Warren Court in the 1960s. It came under conservative attack for decisions regarding redistricting, ... Its Counter-Subversive Activities Committee in 1946 began publishing the American Legion Firing Line, a newsletter for members ...
It is on the Durango-Grand Junction Outrider line. Major highways. *. State Highway 145 is part of the San Juan Skyway. It ... In 1891, the Rio Grande Southern railroad, also begun by Mears, arrived in Telluride, eventually building a two stall engine ... About 8.5% of families and 11.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.2% of those under age 18 and 6.9% ...
Laurel River Lake
David A. Zegeer Coal-Railroad Museum. *East Kentucky Science Center. *Elkhorn City Railroad Museum ... Dawkins Line Rail Trail. *Dr. Thomas Walker. *Fishtrap Lake. *Grayson Lake. *Greenbo Lake ...
Sparkill, New York
Public transportation to Sparkill is served by Rockland Coaches, also known as Red and Tan Lines, operated by Coach USA. ... Sparkill used to be served by the Northern Branch of the Erie Railroad, with service to Pavonia Terminal in Jersey City, New ... About 17.6% of all families, or 16.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 27.7% of those under the age of ... educator and first president of the Erie Railroad. Buried here are veterans of the American Civil War and later wars; John ...
Soo Line Railroad - Wikipedia
Marie Railroad and the Wisconsin Central Railway into, and renamed it to the present name, the Soo Line Railroad. The Soo Line ... Soo Line locomotives Soo Line Depot (disambiguation) Annual Report of Soo Line Railroad Company to the Surface Transportation ... The Soo Line Railroad (reporting mark SOO) is the primary United States railroad subsidiary of the Canadian Pacific Railway ( ... This company and the MN&S were both merged into the Soo Line Railroad effective January 1, 1986. To cut costs, the Soo Line ...
Bee Line Railroad - Wikipedia
The Bee Line Railroad is a short-line railroad operated by the Kankakee, Beaverville and Southern Railroad, serving ... It joins the Kankakee, Beaverville and Southern Railroad about two miles east of Ambia in Benton County, from which point it ... Railways portal Stewart Grain Company Kankakee, Beaverville & Southern Railroad Warren County Historical Society (2002), A ... History of Warren County, Indiana (175th Anniversary Edition) Illini Rail: Kankakee, Beaverville & Southern Railroad history v ...
Patent US7992797 - Railroad signal line attachment clip - Google Patents
... an anchor is provided that securely fastens to the track rail in a non-invasive manner for holding one or more signal lines to ... The present disclosure relates to a system and method for non-invasively attaching components to railroad track rails. More ... a section of railroad track is generally identified by the reference numeral 10. As shown, the section of railroad track 10 ... Railroad switch heaters and process of operation thereof. US3243573. Jun 14, 1965. Mar 29, 1966. United Aircraft Corp. Railroad ...
Railroad Radio Colorado Joint Line | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
Railroad Line Forums
A clear line in the sand so to speak.. The major lines occur under the structure so not a real drama. I decided to attempt ... www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/adrian_batey/202061305250_FC9.JPG[/img] The ties are down for the track. now and later i will ... www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/adrian_batey/202061305646_FC10.JPG[/img] I had a Walthers coal conveyor in my details store. ... www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/adrian_batey/2020613122_FC11.JPG[/img] Also starting on some details from various suppliers ...
Railroad Line Forums
This is the official thread for the Railroad Lines Small Structure Challenge.. First:. THE RULES. 1. The structure can be built ... www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10509).. Please use this thread for posting plans and work in progress, attaboys ... Model Railroad Forums. Mike Chambers Craftsmans Corner. Small Structure Challenge 2007 Note: You must be registered in order ...
Railroad Line Forums
I marked vertical center lines and a center line down the tank former top and glued the pieces on the end. I went half way, ... Model Railroad Forums. Mike Chambers Craftsmans Corner. Tellynott corner module Note: You must be registered in order to post ... I put in horizontal bracing to line up the legs, inside and outside the posts on the front and one side. I then added diagonal ... Although much small than our september 7.1, this earthquake (on a newly discovered fault line I believe) was much closer to the ...
Railroad Line Forums
Model Railroad Forums. Mike Chambers Craftsmans Corner. Palmerston Ontario Coal Dock Note: You must be registered in order to ... But I messed up . . . scribe lines were off a bit and missed a few crucial details. So I bought an "Incra Ruler" that I ... Rob, those are the nicest little arranged and counted piles of railroad ties I have ever seen!. Even the little pile of just 18 ... Rob, those are the nicest little arranged and counted piles of railroad ties I have ever seen!. Even the little pile of just 18 ...
Railroad Line Forums
Supervisors looking to form railroad authority to save line - Mississippi Business Journal
county government economic development rail lines railroad authority railroads railways trains transportation travel 2011-10-05 ... Tagged with: county government economic development rail lines railroad authority railroads railways trains transportation ... Supervisors looking to form railroad authority to save line. Posted by: Megan Wright in NEWS October 5, 2011 ... The entire Grenada Line runs 175 miles from the Tennessee border into Mississippi to Canton. The company has not said anything ...
Federal Register :: V and S Railway, LLC-Acquisition Exemption-Line of Missouri Central Railroad Company
the Line). V&S also is acquiring incidental trackage rights on the Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) between milepost 19.0, ... V and S Railway, LLC-Acquisition Exemption-Line of Missouri Central Railroad Company. A Notice by the Transportation Department ... and operate a 52.6-mile line of railroad extending between milepost 19.0, near Vigus, St. Louis County, Mo., and milepost 71.6 ... Operation Exemption-Lines of Union Pacific Railroad, FD 33508 (STB served Jan. 27, 1998). ...
Federal Register :: Richard J. CormanContinuance in Control Exemption; R.J. Corman Railroad Company/Allentown...
RAILROAD.NET • View topic - Needham Line Questions
... but I could see the Green Line extension occurring prior to any conversion of the commuter rail line to an Orange Line ... If the Needham Line ever is converted to an OL extension as far as West Roxbury, I would hope that the Green Line extension ... Re: Needham Line Questions. by F-line to Dudley via Park » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:30 am ... Re: Needham Line Questions. by F-line to Dudley via Park » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm ...
All things Harrisburg (Keystone) Line - RAILROAD.NET
The old double-track ABS line really was an anachronism. If you want to see railroad history, go visit the Railroad Museum of ... If you want to see railroad history, go visit the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.. Yep. Widespread CWR use is the best thing ... These were spots were the former PRR freight bypass lines between Trenton and Harrisburg merged with the Main Line. Many of ... He is a railroad man. Isnt there a discount for a railroad man? ... We honor his memory and his devotion to railroading at railroad ...
RAILROAD.NET • View topic - Green Line Derailments Increasing
Re: Green Line Derailments Increasing. by F-line to Dudley via Park » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:37 am ... Re: Green Line Derailments Increasing. by F-line to Dudley via Park » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:14 am ... Re: Green Line Derailments Increasing. by F-line to Dudley via Park » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 am ... This puts the Type 8 dead line at 12...and that line isnt moving because theyve been backlogged at 10 long-term OOS for parts ...
CSX River Line Status Updates - Page 33 - RAILROAD.NET
CSX River Line Status Updates. Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can ... CSX River Line Status Updates. *Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can ... My father and I happened to drive past the river line today thru Harrington Park around 3-3:30 or so (give or take) and there ... My father and I happened to drive past the river line today thru Harrington Park around 3-3:30 or so (give or take) and there ...
Rail News - STB releases environmental document for proposed Utah rail line. For Railroad Career Professionals
Union Pacific Railroad, Six County Association of Governments. From the editors of Progressive Railroading Magazine ... Railroad industry news about: Office of Environmental Analysis, ... The rail line would allow allow coal currently being shipped by ... 17 from 17: Progressive Railroadings most-read news stories of 2017. NEW!. Railroads continue to push for PTC compliance as ... 17 from 17: Progressive Railroadings most-read news stories of 2017. NEW!. Railroads continue to push for PTC compliance as ...
Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company, Appellant, v. Wylie L. Floyd, Appellee, 227 F.2d 820 (4th Cir. 1955) :: Justia
Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company, Appellant, v. Wylie L. Floyd, Appellee, 227 F.2d 820 (4th Cir. 1955) case opinion from ... Justia › US Law › Case Law › Federal Courts › Courts of Appeals › Fourth Circuit › 1955 › Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company ... Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company, Appellant, v. Wylie L. Floyd, Appellee, 227 F.2d 820 (4th Cir. 1955). Annotate this Case ... Wylie L. Floyd (hereinafter called Floyd) instituted against Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company (hereinafter called Atlantic ...
Rail News - Tennessee transportation agency hires firm to study proposed commuter-rail line. For Railroad Career Professionals
Railroad industry news about: Regional Transportation Authority, Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc., Clarksville. From the editors of ... Short Lines Band Together to Leverage Big Data. Trending: Union Pacific Railroad. * UP Continues to Pursue a Plethora of ... Short Lines Band Together to Leverage Big Data. Trending: Union Pacific Railroad. * UP Continues to Pursue a Plethora of ... 17 from 17: Progressive Railroadings most-read news stories of 2017. NEW!. Railroads continue to push for PTC compliance as ...
Seaboard Air Line Railroad Company, Appellant and Cross-appellee, v. Tom Gill, Administrator of the Estates of Jessie Thomas...
Seaboard Air Line Railroad Company, Appellant and Cross-appellee, v. Tom Gill, Administrator of the Estates of Jessie Thomas ... Justia › US Law › Case Law › Federal Courts › Courts of Appeals › Fourth Circuit › 1955 › Seaboard Air Line Railroad Company, ... Seaboard Air Line Railroad Company, Appellant and Cross-appellee, v. Tom Gill, Administrator of the Estates of Jessie Thomas ... In Hayes v. Atlanta & C. Air Line R. Co., 143 N.C. 125, 55 S.E. 437, and King v. Atlantic Coast Line R. Co., 157 N.C. 44, 66, ...
Stations where lines divide? - Trains Magazine - Trains News Wire, Railroad News, Railroad Industry News, Web Cams, and Forms
... railroad preservation and history, railfan opportunities (tourist railroads, fan trips), and great railroad photography. ... railroad industry insight, commentary on todays freight railroads, passenger service (Amtrak), locomotive technology, ... Of course then you had the line to Cleveland, the line to Lorain, the line to Sterling and the line to Lake Jct. via Medina. ... the original terminal of the Erie Railroad. The other line swung to the west to Spring Valley NY. Both lines were connected ...
September 25, 1847 - Scientific American
March 04, 1848 - Scientific American
Railroads Industry | Benzinga
Canadian Ports Impacted By Pipeline Protesters Blocking Rail Lines Monday, February 17, 2020 - 4:28pm , 824 The protests that ... Freight, Freightwaves, News, railroad safety, Railroads Industry, Legal New Class I Railroad Safety Mandate May Get Challenged ... railroads to file safety plans with federal regulators may get challenged over concerns for the legal rights of railroad ... Canada, CNI, Freight, Freightwaves, News, Railroads Industry Canada Invests In Rail Infrastructure In Energy-Producing Alberta ...
East Hampton (town), New York - Wikipedia
Railroad lines. The Long Island Rail Roads sole line in the Town of East Hampton is the Montauk Branch, which includes ... They were shipped via the Long Island Road, along the Sag Harbor to the wharf which was owned by the railroad at the time. ... During the War of 1812 a British fleet of seven ships of the line and several smaller frigates anchored in Cherry Harbor and ... 12.2% of the population and 10.3% of families were below the poverty line. Out of the total population, 20.5% of those under ...
The Geography of the Underground Railroad | HubPages
The story of the Underground Railroad is one that many have heard. The American Civil War, which began in 1861, ultimately ... Across the Mason-Dixon Line. The Underground Railroad did not really function in the Deep South because there were not enough ... Secrets and Codes of the Underground Railroad. In order to be successful, everything involving the Underground Railroad had to ... This was not a real line but an imaginary line that divided the United States into the North and the South. ...
Railroads bring more than crossing frustrations | The Wichita Eagle
... the miles-long trains operated by the Union Pacific Railroad and the BNSF Railway can be a source of frustration at the grade ... Controversial $580M power line put into service in Wisconsin December 14, 2018 06:47 AM ... The Federal Railroad Administration projects that the tons of freight moved by rail will increase 22 percent between 2010 and ... The Eagle took a look at the kinds of operations that UP and BNSF - the largest railroads operating in Kansas - have in the ...
First Transcontinental Railroad - Wikipedia
To communicate easily up and down the line, the railroads built telegraph lines alongside the railroad. These lines eventually ... The telegraph lines along the railroad were easier to protect and maintain. Many of the original telegraph lines were abandoned ... CPRR Railroad Map collection/museum. *1871 CPRR & UPRR Overland Railroad Map "Map of the Central Pacific Railroad and its ... The First Transcontinental Railroad (also called the Great Transcontinental Railroad, known originally as the "Pacific Railroad ...
Holding Railroads Responsible for Oil Spills, Disaster Planning | Earthjustice
... defend the states oil spill response planning and financial responsibility requirements against a challenge by the railroads. ... California Judge Keeps Rail Companies on the Line for Oil Spill Disasters. A state judge has dismissed the railroad industrys ... Groups Join State of California in Holding Railroads Responsible for Oil Spills, Disaster Planning. Railroads claim they are ... Brief: Groups Join State of California in Holding Railroads Responsible for Oil Spills, Disaster Planning. Railroads claim they ...
Perspective. | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
Most of us have absolutely no idea what a short line railroad is - or its importance to the economy. According to an economist ... A study he conducted examined who the short lines are, where they are, the current state of the short line industry, its role ... short line railroads have historically played an important role in the transportation of agricultural products. ... The Role of Short Line Railroads - September 17, 2018. 9/17/2018 ...
Progressive RailroadingUnion PacificTrainsRoads2017CaliforniaCrossingsPacific RailroadHolding companyShortline railroadFreight2018LiabilityAppellantRailsIndianaActive railroadUnderground Railroad1863ScalePreferable alternativeCommuter rail lineCountiesAccidentsMajor railroadHistorical SocietyMainlineTrainTransportationJuryCompany'sEnforcementDurangoOfficialsCrudeBridgesCorpRailcarsSupervisorsChattanoogaFarmsTrackScrantonAuthorityOperationsImprovementsYardMainShort-lineRailway lineIndustryPaulRail serviceSafetyStationsRoadSteamRiversAlphabeticalLargestEditorialEdwardBaltimoreAtlantic
- Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff. (progressiverailroading.com)
- According to emailed responses to questions submitted by Progressive Railroading - and in one case, replies to questions posed during a mid-October phone interview - the chief execs expect similarly measured volume growth in 2012 in the face of tortoise-like economic strengthening. (progressiverailroading.com)
- The Six County Association of Governments, an association of central Utah local governments, is seeking approval to construct and operate the line, which would run from a proposed coal transfer facility in Salina to a connection with a Union Pacific Railroad mainline near Levan. (progressiverailroading.com)
- This is a photograph of the grading camp for the Union Pacific Railroad in the Rocky Mountains. (unl.edu)
- Railroad operations, as all SEPTA Paoli, Cynwyd, Trenton and Chestnut Hill West trains operate through it. (railroad.net)
- Reacting to a dramatic surge in crude oil trains coming into the state and threatening state waters, California passed a law in 2014 requiring that railroads and others that transport oil across the state prepare comprehensive oil spill response plans and demonstrate financial responsibility to clean up a worst case oil spill. (earthjustice.org)
- Railroad Crossing Essay Railroad crossings are dangerous intersections between regular roads and the rails that trains ride on. (majortests.com)
- Suburban trains on the Central and Harbour Line were running at least 30-40 minutes late since morning due to water-logging on tracks in some places. (hindustantimes.com)
- This removal would eliminate ANY possibility of ever running a State Fair Train, Polar Bear Express, or other excursion trains along this line again. (change.org)
- In a contract scheduled to run until 2017, some 430 switch towers and over 9,000 signaling elements are to be upgraded in line with the European Train Control System (ETCS). (innovations-report.com)
- CSX hired Harrison as CEO in March 2017 to turn around what at the time was the least efficient freight railroad in North America. (mhlnews.com)
- The Central Pacific Railroad Company of California (CPRR) constructed 690 mi (1,110 km) eastward from Sacramento to Promontory Summit, Utah Territory (U.T.) . The Union Pacific built 1,085 mi (1,746 km) from the road's eastern terminus at Council Bluffs near Omaha, Nebraska westward to Promontory Summit. (wikipedia.org)
- Most of the oil shipped by railroad into California is extremely toxic and heavy Canadian tar sands oil, while an increasing proportion of shipments are from the Bakken crude responsible for major explosions and fires in derailments across the continent. (earthjustice.org)
- A coalition of concerned citizen groups, sportfishermen, and environmental organizations has joined with the State of California in a lawsuit to defend the state's oil spill response planning and financial responsibility requirements against a challenge by the railroads. (earthjustice.org)
- Existing law in California already provides protections to coastal waters from oil spills, and California's recent legislative enactment funds new protections to inland California waters from all sources of oil spills, including railroads. (earthjustice.org)
- According to the California Energy Commission, oil shipments by railroad into California hit an all time record in 2014, with nearly 285 million gallons arriving by train in the twelve months of that year-up from just two million just four years ago. (earthjustice.org)
- The railroads have opened the floodgates of Bakken crude and Canadian tar sands oil to California, but are running from accountability should any mishap or disaster happen along the tracks. (earthjustice.org)
- In the film, Crossing the Line: Border Stories, they bring up how immigrants in California would rather be homeless and waiting for work then be back struggling in Mexico. (majortests.com)
- A multi-county project that's currently underway has resulted in the closure of several railroad crossings in southern Rowan County. (salisburypost.com)
- The railroad was built in the 1870s and over the years, crossings were taken out of service as the line became less heavily used. (telegram.com)
- When line usage increased, it was understood those crossings would have to be restored at the towns' expense, Mr. Pizzi said. (telegram.com)
- It is also the successor to other Class I railroads, including the Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern Railway (acquired 1982) and the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road, acquired at bankruptcy in 1985). (wikipedia.org)
- Two months later, on February 19, 1985, the Soo Line purchased the property of the bankrupt Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad and assigned it to a newly created subsidiary, The Milwaukee Road, Inc. This company and the MN&S were both merged into the Soo Line Railroad effective January 1, 1986. (wikipedia.org)
- Union Pacific originally entered Kansas in 1880 with the consolidation of the Kansas Pacific Railroad into the Omaha, Neb. (kansas.com)
- Under the direction of the Department of War , the Pacific Railroad Surveys were conducted from 1853 through 1855. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1984, CP incorporated the Soo Line Corporation in Minnesota as a holding company, exchanging stock in December to give the Soo Line Corporation total control over the railroad. (wikipedia.org)
- The Soo Line gained control of the Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern Railway (MNS), a Twin Cities area shortline railroad, in June 1982. (wikipedia.org)
- Floyd, a switchman for Atlantic, about 2:30 A.M. on December 14, 1953, was engaged in shifting freight cars in the railroad yards at Florence, South Carolina. (justia.com)
- And freight operations guru Hunter Harrison appears to be destroying CSX Railroad in order to save it. (blogspot.com)
- The railroad moves 10,000 carloads of freight yearly. (msbusiness.com)
- Because of the layout constraints of some freight terminals, several European railroads still purchase a proportion of two-axle vehicles, but these have a much longer wheelbase and hence a considerably larger load capacity than similar cars in the past. (britannica.com)
- Harrison also led those companies during his 54-year career, in which he developed his "precision scheduled railroading" model of distributing freight pickup and delivery more evenly. (mhlnews.com)
- The goal is to enable a railroad to use fewer railcars, locomotives and crews to carry the same amount of freight. (mhlnews.com)
- Titled Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 this version will deliver more realism, more features and more content than ever before, with Early Access becoming available from July 2018. (auran.com)
- He served merely to secure the qualification of an administrator to execute releases discharging the Railroad Company from liability for the death of the deceased. (justia.com)
- Three days after the accident Gill went to the office of the attorney for the Railroad Company and signed three releases, two for $300 each, and one for $350, as administrator of the three estates, releasing the Railroad Company from liability. (justia.com)
- Seaboard Air Line Railroad Company, Appellant and Cross-appellee, v. Tom Gill, Administrator of the Estates of Jessie Thomas Long, Deceased, and William Thomas Long, Deceased, Appellee and Cross-appellant, 227 F.2d 64 (4th Cir. (justia.com)
- Justia › US Law › Case Law › Federal Courts › Courts of Appeals › Fourth Circuit › 1955 › Seaboard Air Line Railroad Company, Appellant and Cross-appellee, v. Tom Gill, Administrator of the. (justia.com)
- The present disclosure relates to a system and method for non-invasively attaching components to railroad track rails. (google.com)
- It's now owned by the North Central Mississippi Regional Railroad Authority, which bought it with state money to prevent rails from Grenada to Canton from being scrapped. (msbusiness.com)
- Railroad , mode of land transportation in which flange-wheeled vehicles move over two parallel steel rails, or tracks, either by self-propulsion or by the propulsion of a locomotive . (britannica.com)
- The cities of Noblesville, IN and Fishers, IN are planning to " rip out the rails " of the historic Nickel Plate Road rail line from Noblesville through Fishers, IN and replace them with a walking and biking trail. (change.org)
- During the lull of rail activity, politicians and city leaders from Noblesville and Fishers created a plan which proposed a " rails to trails " conversion which would remove the entire rail line from Noblesville to Fishers . (change.org)
- Again, I urge you to reconsider any removal of the rails so that we can continue to benefit from the historical significance and tourist activity that an active railroad provides to our linked communities. (change.org)
- Major branches include a connection from the border at Noyes, Minnesota, to Glenwood and, until it was sold to the Indiana Rail Road in 1983, a line from Chicago to Louisville, Kentucky. (wikipedia.org)
- The Bee Line Railroad is a short-line railroad operated by the Kankakee, Beaverville and Southern Railroad, serving agricultural communities in northwestern Warren County and southwestern Benton County in Indiana, USA. (wikipedia.org)
- Indiana is served by the Greyhound and Trailways bus lines. (encyclopedia.com)
- The Grafton & Upton Railroad has always been a legally active railroad," Mr. Pizzi said. (telegram.com)
- The story of the Underground Railroad is one that many have heard. (hubpages.com)
- This network was labeled the Underground Railroad. (hubpages.com)
- It combines geography lessons with the Underground Railroad history along with a bit of English, Art, Science and Math. (hubpages.com)
- It was the help of these people that slaves from the southern United States were able to find freedom in Canada, by following the Underground Railroad. (hubpages.com)
- Eventually a rescue route called the Underground Railroad was developed to help these runaways find freedom. (hubpages.com)
- The Underground Railroad did not really function in the Deep South because there were not enough supporters there. (hubpages.com)
- In order to be successful, everything involving the Underground Railroad had to be done as secretly as possible. (hubpages.com)
- Many times these songs contained coded messages about the Underground Railroad. (hubpages.com)
- There are so many secrets to the Underground Railroad that even today we don't know where all the stops were, who all the helpers were or how many slaves passed through it! (hubpages.com)
- The New Underground Railroad Movement is a grassroots inside-outside organization that recognizes that the institutionalization of mass incarceration is the greatest civil rights and social issue we are faced with today. (sfbayview.com)
- The New Underground Railroad Movement is dedicated to shutting down the "prison industrial complex" through tactical, organizational and grassroots work strikes, boycotts and class conscious empowerment. (sfbayview.com)
- The New Underground Railroad Movement was born out of the premise that the prisoner must be involved in his own liberation. (sfbayview.com)
- A Photographic Link to the Underground Railroad? (familytreemagazine.com)
- She was the niece of Jacob Clement White, Sr., secretary of the Philadelphia Vigilance Association, a group active in the Underground Railroad. (familytreemagazine.com)
- It's an intriguing photo due to the connection to prominent Philadelphia residents involved in the Underground Railroad, and because of that suit. (familytreemagazine.com)
- A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's 1/48th - (O) Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Fredericksburg line in 1863, and other model railroad projects. (blogspot.com)
- In February, 1863, a visitor to Kansas could travel only on wagon trails and a few miles of railroad, the first railroad having been started in 1860. (emporia.edu)
- Described as a 'utopian project' when it was first proposed by Senator Vicente Vuolo, the railroad now responds to a clear need for large-scale transport facilities. (globalissues.org)
- The agency identified Alternative B3/B2 as the environmentally preferable alternative for the proposed rail line because it would have the least impact on water resources, including wetlands and associated biological resources, the statement said. (progressiverailroading.com)
- The opportunity to build a pedestrian and bike pathway BESIDE the railroad is an preferable alternative that would allow our communities to preserve an irreplaceable piece of our history while also strengthening the connections between them with a walk/bike way. (change.org)
Commuter rail line3
- Just speculation, but I could see the Green Line extension occurring prior to any conversion of the commuter rail line to an Orange Line extension to West Roxbury. (railroad.net)
- Tennessee transportation agency hires firm to study proposed commuter-rail line. (progressiverailroading.com)
- The Middle Tennessee Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) has authorized a contract with Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc. to study the possibility of building a commuter-rail line between Clarksville and Nashville, Tenn. (progressiverailroading.com)
- It is a short-line railroad transportation company serving customers in Cumberland, Hoke, and Moore Counties in North Carolina and Marlboro County, South Carolina. (prweb.com)
- The project at Landis' and Kannapolis' city limits would be the latest of several projects intended to prevent accidents on railroad tracks. (salisburypost.com)
- After the Civil War ended, Chattanooga became a major railroad hub and industrial and manufacturing center. (mesothelioma.com)
- The HOOSIER Line: MONON Railroad Historical Society, 1st Qtr. (ebay.com)
- The railroad has 73 total miles (118 km) of mainline track and in 1992, successfully celebrated its 100th birthday. (prweb.com)
- My father and I happened to drive past the river line today thru Harrington Park around 3-3:30 or so (give or take) and there was a train coming down the tracks. (railroad.net)
- If it is not too hot a train they might park it somewhere until they get the railroad back. (railroad.net)
- A federal judge has ruled that a rail labor union representing train conductors must start negotiating with the U.S. Class I railroads on the issue of train crew staffing. (benzinga.com)
- Siemens is equipping a large part of the track network of Switzerland's federal railroad (SBB) with its ETCS train control system. (innovations-report.com)
- There are currently around 20 incompatible train control systems in use on Europe's railroads. (innovations-report.com)
- Published "to aid in the sale and settlement of its lands", this pamphlet by the Burlington and Missouri River Railroad introduces special fares for train tickets to Nebraska. (unl.edu)
- Set in Bountiful, Kansas at the turn of the 20th century, Lesley Morland must take over her father's role as station master as the prospect of a new train line brings the potential for prosperity to this small town. (kclibrary.org)
- state boundaries, cities and towns along each train routes, steamship lines for coastal ports, and notable physical features. (unt.edu)
- However, train services on the Western line were said to be on schedule. (hindustantimes.com)
- Most equipment has been repainted into the CP scheme, but the U.S. Surface Transportation Board groups all of CP's U.S. subsidiaries under the Soo Line name for reporting purposes. (wikipedia.org)
- Between Chicago and Detroit, where the CP-owned Detroit River Tunnel connects back into Canada, the Soo Line has trackage rights over the Norfolk Southern Railway and haulage rights over CSX Transportation. (wikipedia.org)
- To cut costs, the Soo Line created the Lake States Transportation Division (LSTD) on February 10, 1986 to operate the less-important lines, including the ex-Wisconsin Central line between Chicago and the Twin Cities. (wikipedia.org)
- The Surface Transportation Board's Office of Environmental Analysis (OEA) has issued a Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the proposed construction and operation of a 43-mile rail line between Levan and Salina, Utah, the agency announced late last week. (progressiverailroading.com)
- It is a comprehensive transportation management system which efficiently monitors local and interline rail activity while providing complete control over customer service administration and management of several key railroad functionalities. (prweb.com)
- The Department of Transportation is already planning its next railroad-related road project. (salisburypost.com)
- Transportation Department officials are proposing three separate options for a grade-separated railroad crossing near Landis' southern border with Kannapolis. (salisburypost.com)
- Vast sections of the South remained out of the war zone, but over the course of the war destruction tended to follow closely along the pathways of the major lines of communication and transportation. (unl.edu)
- The case was submitted to the jury at the first trial upon the issues of the negligence of the Railroad Company, the contributory negligence of the driver of the truck, the understanding of Gill as to the nature and effect of the releases, and the amount, if any, that he was entitled to recover from the Railroad Company as administrator of the estates. (justia.com)
- The jury found that both the Railroad Company and the driver were guilty of negligence and that his administrator was entitled to recover nothing, but that the administrator was entitled to recover $1500 for the death of the wife and $2500 for the death of the son in the other cases. (justia.com)
- The company's main line begins at Portal, North Dakota, on the Canada-U.S. border, and extends southeast along former MStP&SSM trackage to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-Saint Paul). (wikipedia.org)
- International Rail Partners CEO Gary Marino says the Grenada Railroad is his new company's first acquisition. (msbusiness.com)
- The railroad industry has sued the state, seeking to prohibit enforcement of the law, arguing that federal rail laws preempt any state regulation of the railroads. (earthjustice.org)
- Antinito, CO on the D&RGW narrow guage, between the lines to Cumbres Pass/Durango and the remainder of the line to Santa Fe. (trains.com)
- The line would provide rail access to local industries, primarily the Southern Utah Fuel Company coal mine owned by Bowie Resources, OEA officials said in the FEIS. (progressiverailroading.com)
- The complete electrification of the 40mile commutation zone of the Long Island Railroad is anticipated by the installation of additional power equipment in the Long Island City plant of that system, according to announcements made yesterday by officials of the railroad. (nytimes.com)
- A state judge has dismissed the railroad industry's case against safety rules for crude-by-rail shipments. (earthjustice.org)
- After the first crude beginnings, railroad-car design took divergent courses in North America and Europe, because of differing economic conditions and technological developments. (britannica.com)
- Black men, many of them formerly enslaved on the South?s railroads, chopped timber for railroad ties, bridges, and fuel for the U.S. Military Railroads. (unl.edu)
- Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp. (railroad.net)
- Between 2008 and 2012, the number of Union Pacific railcars originating from Kansas declined 23 percent, the railroad said. (kansas.com)
- Seven of the fatalities within the construction and extraction group were first-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers. (bls.gov)
- 2 days ago · Lookout Mountain is a mountain ridge located at the northwest corner of the U.S. state of Georgia, the northeast corner of Alabama, and along the Tennessee state line in Chattanooga. (yahoo.com)
- Railroads were destroyed and farms were obliterated. (history.com)
- More specifically, an anchor is provided that securely fastens to the track rail in a non-invasive manner for holding one or more signal lines to a surface of the track rail. (google.com)
- img]http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/adrian_batey/202061305250_FC9.JPG[/img] The ties are down for the track. (railroad-line.com)
- The decision comes after the owners of the Grenada rail line asked for federal approval to abandon 83 miles of track from Grenada to Canton. (msbusiness.com)
- In May, the railroad received a $221,700 grant from the Industrial Rail Access Program, to be matched by $330,300 from the railroad to expand track sidings in the Hopedale yard. (telegram.com)
- horizontal motif, usually a road or railroad track. (ibiblio.org)
- The DL&W Station at Netcong (still in use) used to be between 2 lines--the main line to Scranton / Buffalo and the Sussex Branch. (trains.com)
- With little federal oversight and no state authority, there are no tools to incentivize or deter railroads from. (benzinga.com)
- Green line stations require a much smaller footprint, and building that extension would involve relatively minimal disruption to the existing D Branch and Needham Line operations (vs. a couple years of busing to convert the Needham Line to rapid transit). (railroad.net)
- The Eagle took a look at the kinds of operations that UP and BNSF - the largest railroads operating in Kansas - have in the Wichita area. (kansas.com)
- There is no substitute for understanding the nuances of railroad operations. (nelsonmullins.com)
- STEAM TO GO IN BIG ZONE Babylon Line on Montauk Division First to Be Changed--Many Improvements Planned. (nytimes.com)
- Hawthorne had been the finest yard on the Pennsylvania Railroad-in 1910. (blogspot.com)
- It's just that instead of running to every community, they simply maintain main lines, and most of the traffic is long distance. (kansas.com)
- and where it spurred off the main line? (yahoo.com)
- Think of railroads like this: You have main arteries carrying the blood to the capillaries. (telegram.com)
- Short lines are like the capillaries that help distribute the blood from the main arteries," Mr. Pizzi said. (telegram.com)
- RailSync® is designed exclusively to address the requirements of short-line and regional railroads. (prweb.com)
- The system was designed to address the specific needs of short-line and regional railroads. (prweb.com)
- The Grafton & Upton railroad is a short-line railroad. (telegram.com)
- A short line railroad guide that lists nearly all Class III railroads found throughout the country broken down by state. (icn-names.net)
- The railway line and embankment were also executed from dark to light. (ibiblio.org)
- A 90-year concession, renewable for another 90 years, for the Ferronorte railway line was granted five years ago to América Latina Logística (ALL), which refused to build the railroad all the way to Cuiabá, and only agreed to cover construction up to Rondonópolis. (globalissues.org)
- ShipXpress Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the logistics industry, announced that the Aberdeen & Rockfish Railroad Company (A&R) has chosen the RailSync product suite to manage its railway logistics. (prweb.com)
- Although it is named for the Minneapolis, St. Paul and Sault Ste. Marie Railroad (MStP&SSM), which was commonly known as the Soo Line after the phonetic spelling of Sault, it was formed in 1961 by the consolidation of that company with two other CP subsidiaries: The Duluth, South Shore and Atlantic Railway, and the Wisconsin Central Railway. (wikipedia.org)
- When CP consolidated several subsidiaries on January 1, 1961, it used this company to merge the Minneapolis, St. Paul and Sault Ste. Marie Railroad and the Wisconsin Central Railway into, and renamed it to the present name, the Soo Line Railroad. (wikipedia.org)
- The transcontinental line was popularly known as the Overland Route after the principal passenger rail service that operated over the length of the line until 1962. (wikipedia.org)
- HOPEDALE Earlier this month, the final link was moved into place on Route 16, restoring a long dormant railroad crossing for rail service between North Grafton and Milford. (telegram.com)
- A new rule requiring the largest U.S. railroads to file safety plans with federal regulators may get challenged over concerns for the legal rights of railroad accident victims, a rail labor attorney has told FreightWaves. (benzinga.com)
- The Atlantic & Great Western Railroad stressed its safety record and comfortable, elegant, luxurious cars. (unl.edu)
- Glimpse the remnants of an earthquake and behold a bevy of local critters-including bats, opossum and a goat with a stick of dynamite in his mouth-before hastily making your way back to the safety of the railroad station. (go.com)
- Compared to the total cost to make ALL of the safety upgrades to the ENTIRE rail line which are only estimated at $5 million. (change.org)
- Ex-Milwaukee Road trackage takes the Soo Line from the Twin Cities to Chicago via Milwaukee. (wikipedia.org)
- In one of the two, the new road would go under railroad tracks. (salisburypost.com)
- The road would go under railroad tracks. (salisburypost.com)
- You don't spend time pondering how your trip, or your phone conversation, is part of a much larger network of shipping, air, road, rail, and digital lines that wrap the earth. (esri.com)
- The two-lane potholed road is lined with trucks going both directions, and passing one in this hilly terrain means taking your life into your hands. (globalissues.org)
- One solution to ease that burden on the road is the Ferronorte railroad, in the process of being built. (globalissues.org)
- The railroad already shares the road with cars. (change.org)
- Ian Kennedy: The Impressionists and the Railroad , David Lean and the Romance of Steam Locomotion , and Dreams of Empire: Kansas City and the Railroads . (kclibrary.org)
- Department of natural resources, to locate line between tide and shore land in tidal rivers: RCW 79.125.010 . (wa.gov)
- Alphabetical listing of railroad companies shown in margin text. (unt.edu)
- Mass tort actions and class actions - handling some of the largest railroad mass tort and class action matters in the country. (nelsonmullins.com)
- The most recent marriage--Burlington Northern Railroad and Santa Fe Pacific--created the nation's largest system. (bloomberg.com)
- The largest slice of the Delta Air Lines Inc workforce (28 percent) has been working for 10-19 years and earns, on average, $100K per year. (payscale.com)
- The plight of African Americans and their abolitionist supporters on New England railroads is addressed in depth in this passionate editorial. (unl.edu)
- The benefits of precision railroading have a tendency to stick within the culture of an organization long after Mr. Harrison is gone," said Daniel Sherman, an analyst with Edward Jones in a July 17 note to clients. (mhlnews.com)
- The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad System. (unt.edu)
- The present Soo Line Railroad was incorporated in Minnesota on October 19, 1949, as the Duluth, South Shore and Atlantic Railroad, as part of the plan for reorganizing the Duluth, South Shore and Atlantic Railway (DSA) and subsidiary Mineral Range Railroad. (wikipedia.org)
- Wylie L. Floyd (hereinafter called Floyd) instituted against Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company (hereinafter called Atlantic), a civil action in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of South Carolina. (justia.com)