A plant genus of the family EUPHORBIACEAE that is perennial with conspicuous, almost palmate leaves like those of RICINUS but more deeply parted into five to nine lobes. It is a source of a starch after removal of the cyanogenic glucosides. The common name of Arrowroot is also used with Maranta (MARANTACEAE). The common name of yuca is also used for YUCCA.
An order of the class Insecta. Wings, when present, number two and distinguish Diptera from other so-called flies, while the halteres, or reduced hindwings, separate Diptera from other insects with one pair of wings. The order includes the families Calliphoridae, Oestridae, Phoridae, SARCOPHAGIDAE, Scatophagidae, Sciaridae, SIMULIIDAE, Tabanidae, Therevidae, Trypetidae, CERATOPOGONIDAE; CHIRONOMIDAE; CULICIDAE; DROSOPHILIDAE; GLOSSINIDAE; MUSCIDAE; TEPHRITIDAE; and PSYCHODIDAE. The larval form of Diptera species are called maggots (see LARVA).
Infection with roundworms of the genus ANISAKIS. Human infection results from the consumption of fish harboring roundworm larvae. The worms may cause acute NAUSEA; VOMITING; or penetrate into the wall of the DIGESTIVE TRACT where they give rise to EOSINOPHILIC GRANULOMA in the STOMACH; INTESTINES; or the OMENTUM.
A genus of silkworm MOTHS in the family Bombycidae of the order LEPIDOPTERA. The family contains a single species, Bombyx mori from the Greek for silkworm + mulberry tree (on which it feeds). A native of Asia, it is sometimes reared in this country. It has long been raised for its SILK and after centuries of domestication it probably does not exist in nature. It is used extensively in experimental GENETICS. (From Borror et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p519)
Life Cycle Stages
The class Insecta, in the phylum ARTHROPODA, whose members are characterized by division into three parts: head, thorax, and abdomen. They are the dominant group of animals on earth; several hundred thousand different kinds having been described. Three orders, HEMIPTERA; DIPTERA; and SIPHONAPTERA; are of medical interest in that they cause disease in humans and animals. (From Borror et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p1)
Expressed Sequence Tags
The larvae feed on the leaves of Manihot esculenta. Nuss, M.; et al. (2003-2011). "GlobIZ search". Global Information System on ...
Larvae feed on coffee plants, Bidens pilosa, Cupressus, Dahlia and Manihot glaziovii. The amata alicia is commonly found in ...
The larvae feed on Veronia amygdalina, Cordia abyssinica, Manihot esculentus and Phytolacca dodecandra. De Prins, J. & De Prins ...
Larvae have been recorded feeding on Bidens, Eriobotrya, Gossypium, Hibiscus, Manihot and Ricinus species. Savela, Markku. " ...
The larva eat Papaya (Carica papaya), Cassava (Manihot esculenta), Nettlespurge (Jatropha), and Allamanda (Allamanda). Erinnyis ...
"Yuca" is a native name for the unrelated Manihot. Yucca whipplei is named after Amiel Weeks Whipple (1818-1863), a surveyor who ... The pollinated ovary will now produce many seeds, ensuring an ample food supply for the larva. Although many associations of ...
The larva feeds on a variety of host plants, including papaya (Carica papaya) in the family Caricaceae; poinsettia (Euphorbia ... pulcherrima), Mexican jumping bean (Sebastiania pavoniana), Cnidoscolus urens, and cassava (Manihot esculenta) in the ...
The larvae probably feed on lichen on the bark of Acacia koa, Manihot glaziovii, Prosopis and other trees. The larva is a case- ...
Manihot glaziovii, Prosopis and Sophora. Its larvae are at times common on the trunks of living trees. Larvae in a broad, flat ... The larvae feed amongst lichens on trees trunks of Acacia koa, Aleurites moluccanus, Boehmeria, ...
... manihot ssp. tetraphyllus in Goa, India. Abelmoschus manihot ssp. tetraphyllus in Goa, India. Abelmoschus manihot ... Abelmoschus species are used as food plants by the larvae of some Lepidoptera species including Chionodes hibiscella which has ... Hibiscus ficulneus). White wild musk mallow Abelmoschus manihot - (syn. Hibiscus manihot). Aibika Abelmoschus moschatus - (syn ... Abelmoschus manihot (aibika) furnishes cordage like jute, and Abelmoschus moschatus (abelmosk) is grown for musk seeds (musk ...
The larva on feeds on Manihot species and Persea americana. Butler, A.G. "Monograph of the species of Charaxes, a genus of ...
So far, only the food plants of Asciodes gordialis larvae have been recorded, which are mostly Bougainvillea, Mirabilis and ... Pisonia (all in the Nyctaginaceae family), but also non-Caryophyllales like Citrus (Rutaceae) and Manihot esculenta ( ...
Larva is a looper, with body pinkish olive green, irrorated with black, and with dark patches on 4th and 6th somites. Later ... Manihot, Ficus, Morus, Psidium, Polygonum, Rubus, Cinchona, Coffea, Mussaenda, Citrus, Euodia, Schleichera, Theobroma, Perilla ... The larvae feed on the foliage of a wide range of plants, including Anacardium, Bombax, Terminalia, Chromolaena, Gynura, ...
... species are used as food plants by the larvae of some species of Lepidoptera including Endoclita sericeus and ... Goiás Manihot pusilla Pohl - Goiás Manihot quinquefolia Pohl - Bahia Manihot quinqueloba Pohl - Mato Grosso, Goiás Manihot ... Minas Gerais Manihot hassleriana - Paraguay Manihot heptaphylla Ule - Bahia Manihot hilariana Baill. - Minas Gerais Manihot ... Oaxaca Manihot paviifolia Pohl - Goiás Manihot peltata Pohl - Goiás Manihot pentaphylla Pohl - Brazil, Paraguay Manihot ...
Larva are hairy and reddish brown. Head reddish with white hairs. The caterpillar is major pest on several agricultural crops ... Manihot esculenta, Manilkara zapota, Musa, Pelargonium, Persea bombycina, Plantago, Prunus persica, Psidium, Punica granatum, ...
Larvae of some species cause formation of galls on plants (including cereals), while larvae of other species live in juicy ... Also in the neotropics, Neosilba perezi (Romero & Ruppel), known as the cassava shoot fly, is a pest of cassava (Manihot ... Larvae may be found under bark, in tunnels of bark beetles, in decomposing wood and other decomposing plant residue, and in ... Diptera Larvae, with notes on eggs, puparia and pupae. Handbooks for the Identification of British Insects Vol 10 Part 14. pdf ...
Early reports of the species were confused with the cassava (Manihot esculenta). Consequently, Linnaeus mistakenly derived the ... the moth larva then feeds on some of the developing seeds, always leaving enough seed to perpetuate the species. Certain ... Manihot esculenta). Roots of soaptree yucca (Yucca elata) are high in saponins and are used as a shampoo in Native American ...
... larvae of palm weevils (mojojoy, "mun", Rhynchophorus spp.) and larvae of several species of wasps and caterpillars. The Nukak ... Manihot esculenta). Also peach palms (Bactris gasipaes), pineapple (Ananas comosus), chili pepper (Capsicum chinense), and ...
... larvae of beetles Worms Cockroaches Using the abundant coal of the Muisca territories, they heated their ovens and cooked their ... maize was more important Manihot esculenta or yuca, a very important tuber in the diet of the South American indigenous people ...
manihot (as H. manihot L.) Abelmoschus manihot var. pungens (Roxb.) Hochr. (as H. pungens Roxb.) Abelmoschus manihot var. ... Hibiscus species are used as food plants by the larvae of some lepidopteran species, including Chionodes hibiscella, Hypercompe ... as H. ficulneus L.) Abelmoschus manihot subsp. ...
J2 larvae do not feed during the free-living stage, but use lipids stored in the gut. An excellent model system for the study ... Effects of Meloidogyne incognita on Growth and Storage-Root Formation of Cassava (Manihot esculenta). J Nematol.; 32(4S): 475- ... Root-knot nematode larvae infect plant roots, causing the development of root-knot galls that drain the plant's photosynthate ...
Aregheore EM, Agunbiade OO (June 1991). "The toxic effects of cassava (manihot esculenta grantz) diets on humans: a review". ... such as burnet moths and the larvae of Paropsisterna eucalyptus. Hydrogen cyanide is contained in the exhaust of vehicles, and ...
Chilozela - Wikipedia
Amata alicia - Wikipedia
Journal: The Florida entomologist / Publication Year: 2015 / Source: 2015 v.98 no.2 - PubAg Search Results
... larvae; immatures; Manihot; eggs; adults. Abstract:. ... Vatiga (Hemiptera: Tingidae) species show preference for Cassava ... We collected 589 larvae from cotton plantations in Bahia State, Brazil, and transported them to the la .... DOI:. 10.1653/ ... Field collections of cactophagous larvae parasitized by the congeneric and sympatric parasitoid A. a .... DOI:. 10.1653/024.098 ... The aim of this study was to report the occurrence of an entomopathogenic fungus on H. armigera larvae in Brazil. ...
Cassava shoot infestation by larvae of Neosilba perezi (Romero & Ruppell) (Diptera: Lonchaeidae) in São Paulo State, Brazil |...
Full text: Available Index: LILACS (Americas) Main subject: Manihot / Diptera Limits: Animals Country/Region as subject: South ... Full text: Available Index: LILACS (Americas) Main subject: Manihot / Diptera Limits: Animals Country/Region as subject: South ... The N. perezi larvae occurrence rate was higher in area 1 - which presented the highest population peaks in autumn and winter. ... Fortnightly analyses were performed starting 45 days after planting, calculating the rate of infestation by N. perezi larvae in ...
Nutrients | Free Full-Text | Improvement in Diabetic Retinopathy through Protection against Retinal Apoptosis in Spontaneously...
... transgenic zebrafish larvae . The antiangiogenic action of K24 was also demonstrated in an oxygen-induced retinopathy (OIR ... isolated from Abelmoschus manihot, prevents glomerular podocyte apoptosis in STZ-induced diabetic nephropathy . Hyperoside ... the leaves and twigs of osteomeles schwerinae that inhibit rat lens aldose reductase and vessel dilation in zebrafish larvae. J ...
guava fruit fly - Anastrepha striata Schiner
Larva: The larva is a typical, pale yellowish-white fruit fly maggot, cylindrical in shape, with inconspicuous head and 11 body ... cassava, Manihot esculenta. *green sapote, Pouteria viridis. *mango, Mangifera indica. *peach, Prunus persica ... Larvae can be collected from infested fruit, but are very difficult to identify except when raised to adults. They tend to flex ... Figure 9. Posterior extremity of third instar larva of the guava fruit fly, Anastrepha striata Schiner. Drawing by Division of ...
issg Database: Ecology of Bemisia tabaci
Search | Global Index Medicus
First instar larvae were individually reared on excised cassava leaves of four varieties. A randomized block designwith nine ... O consumo foliar de mandioca (Manihot esculenta Crantz) e a caracterização da injúria potencial por Erinnyis ello L. foram ... Fresh leaves were provided to the larvae daily. Leaf area was determined for each leaf before the leaves were provided to the ... Folhas frescas com áreas previamente determinadas foram fornecidas às larvas diariamente. O consumo foliar em cada ínstar e o ...
Cestrum - definition of Cestrum by The Free Dictionary
This insect feeds on host plants of several species, especially Manihot esculenta (cassava) and Hevia brasiliensis (rubber tree ... Larva/immunology , Larva/virology , RNA, Small Interfering/metabolism , Time Factors , Viral Load/immunology , Virion/ ... Larva/growth & development , Larva/virology , Moths/growth & development , Open Reading Frames , Phylogeny , Viral Proteins/ ... Larva/genetics , Larva/growth & development , Larva/virology ... The PCV2 Cap proteins produced by the silkworm larvae and E. ...
Amino Acid Profiles, Total Nitrogen Contents, and Computed-Protein Efficiency Ratios of Manihot esculenta Root and Dioscorea...
Manihot esculenta ,/i,Crantz and,i, Dioscorea rotundata ,/i,Poir. were carried out. Amino acid analysis was carried out using ... E. N. Onyeike, E. O. Ayalogu, and C. C. Okaraonye, "Nutritive value of the larvae of raphia palm beetle (Oryctes rhinoceros) ... In the case for cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) in the humid tropics of West Africa," Food Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 2, pp. 1 ... Overall, tuberous roots of Manihot esculenta Crantz (cassava) and Dioscorea rotundata Poir. (yam) are major sources of dietary ...
EST-derived SSR markers in Jatropha curcas L.: development, characterization, polymorphism, and transferability across the...
Download Водная Логика
Frontiers | Diversified glucosinolate metabolism: biosynthesis of hydrogen cyanide and of the hydroxynitrile glucoside...
Agerbirk, N., Chew, F. S., Olsen, C. E., and Jørgensen, K. (2010). Leaf and floral parts feeding by orange tip butterfly larvae ... Manihot esculenta (Malpighiales) and Lotus japonicus (Fabales) in which the amino acid-derived oxime is the substrate for ... Pieris rapae larvae may be resistant to both of these glucosinolate-derived alternative defense types (Stauber et al., 2012; ... as a feeding deterrent for larvae of Pieris napi oleracea. J. Nat. Prod. 64, 440-443. doi: 10.1021/np000534d ...
John Innes Centre - Publications des agents du Cirad
Library Blog CIAT: CIAT Publications 2014
First report of a 16SrIII-L phytoplasma associated with frogskin disease in cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) in Brazil . ... Efecto de variedades de algodón genéticamente modificadas sobre larvas de Spodoptera frugiperda Smith (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae ... The metabolism of carbohydrates in roots of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) infected with frogskin disease . In: APS-CPS ... In vitro isolation of a phytoplasma associated with frogskin disease of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) . In: 74th Annual ...
FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS: FFF280 - YUCCA
Items where Subject is "Food science and technology" - Epsilon Archive for Student Projects
Cassava | Encyclopedia.com
Cassava, or manioc (Manihot esculenta ), is a root crop native to tropical America that is now consumed by millions of people ... Height: up to 2.7m (9ft). Family Euphorbiaceae; species Manihot esculenta.. Cite this article Pick a style below, and copy the ... cassava •cadaver, slaver •halva, salver, salvor •balaclava, Bratislava, carver, cassava, Costa Brava, guava, Java, kava, larva ... cassava (kəsä´və) or manioc (măn´ēŏk), name for many species of the genus Manihot of the family Euphorbiaceae (spurge family). ...
Molecular cloning and expression analysis of Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme gene from black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon)--...
Standards for Sabudana (Sago, Tapioca Sago)
SAGO shall mean small hard globules or pearls made from either the starch of the sago palm or the tubers of tapioca (manihot ... c) free from insect infestations, live insect , dead insects, insect fragments,mould/mites, larvae, etc.. (d) free from ... 1. Small hard globules or pearls purely made from Tapioca Root (Cassava i.e. Manihot Esculenta crantz syn Utilissima). 2. Shall ... 1. Tapioca Sago shall be made from the starch obtained from the tubers of tapioca (Manihot esculenta crantz syn. Utilissima); ...
New spider mites (Acari: Tetranychidae) of the genera Paraplonobia and Eurytetranychus from Iran, and a description of all life...
Manihot esculenta (Euphorbiaceae), Galiwinku Island, 12°0149"S, 135°3355"E, 21 Jun. 2011, L. Halling. Western Australia: ... Figure 9. Eutetranychus orientalis (Klein) Larva: A - Dorsal view; B - Ventral view, C - Palp; D - Leg I; E - Leg II; F - Leg ... Iran - 156 females, 95 males, 32 deutonymphs (DN), 8 protonymphs (PN), 2 larvae (L) as follows. Kermanshah province: 4 females ... Larva (Fig. 9; n= 2) - Body length including gnathosoma 235, excluding gnathosoma 195; width 165. ...
Treenway Silks - Silk Threads and Yarns
The larvae feed on various species of oaks (Quercus spp.). The oaks on which the caterpillars feed are pruned into shrubs 1.5-2 ... But it also feeds on a wide range of food plants such as Heteropanax fragrans, Manihot utilissima, Evodia flaxinifolia, ... Larvae fed on mejankori leaves (Litsea citrata) produce a kind of silk known as mejankori silk, which is favoured for its ... Larvae are usually very fleshy, with clumps of raised bristles. Caterpillars mostly feed on leaves of trees and shrubs; some ...
root: Associated Words (Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare). Describing words for 'root' : NiftyWord
yucca plant root
According to the United Nations , Yuca ,â ( Manihot esculenta ) is the third most important source of calories in the tropics, ... the moth larva then feeds on some of the developing seeds, always leaving enough seed to perpetuate the species. Can itâ s root ... Early reports of the species were confused with the cassava (Manihot esculenta). Aids diabetes treatment. References to yucca ... Manihot esculenta). Be sure to cut through both the brown... 3. There is a small chance that your yucca can die from a pest ...
454 pyrosequencing based transcriptome analysis of Zygaena filipendulae with focus on genes involved in biosynthesis of...
Larvae reared on acyanogenic L. corniculatus were previously shown to accumulate the same overall amount of CNglcs as larvae ... Manihot esculenta Cranz). Arch Biochem Biophys. 1992, 292: 141-150.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar. ... Z. filipendulae larvae were collected from a fallow field in Kvistgård north of Copenhagen, Denmark, and reared for a week on L ... Genes involved in biosynthesis of CNglcs in Z. filipendulae have been hypothesized to be highly expressed in larvae feeding on ...
Mimosa diplotricha (creeping sensitive plant)
Altissima) and cassava (Manihot esculenta). Field Crops Research, 39:119-127. Groves RH, 1991. Weeds of tropical Australia. ... Psigidia walkeri, a widespread moth in Brazil which feeds voraciously as a larva on leaves, flower buds, green pods, tender ... Psigidia walkeri, a widespread moth in Brazil which feeds voraciously as a larva on leaves, flower buds, green pods, tender ... Manual control of thorny mimosa (Mimosa invisa) in Cassava (Manihot esculenta). Weed Technology, 18:77-82 ...
Repositorio da Producao Cientifica e Intelectual da Unicamp: Aspectos ecologicos e biologicos de Neosilba perezi (Romero &...
Quanto ao parasitoidismo por braconídeos em larvas de N. perezi, foi constatado que a porcentagem de ataque foi de 24,3% ... associados a cultura de mandioca Manihot esculenta Crantz. ... larva and adult on the insect. Analyses were carried out ... Regarding to parasitoidism by braconideous in N. perezi larvae was found that parasitoidism percentage was fairly high ... larva e adulto. Foram realizadas análises quinzenais em cada área de estudo, no período de março de 2008 a fevereiro de 2009 ...
University of Lampung | LPPM-UNILA Institutional Repository (LPPM-UNILA-IR)
Rosa, Emantis (2015) Detection of Transovarial Dengue Virus with RT-PCR in Aedes albopictus (Skuse) Larvae Inhabiting ... Triyono, Sugeng (2015) Application of Organonitrofos and Inorganic Fertilizer on Cassava (Manihot Esculenta Crantz) in Ultisol ... Triyono, Sugeng (2015) Penilaian Sejawat: Application of Organonitrofos and Inorganic Fertilizer on Cassava (Manihot Esculenta ... Larvae Inhabiting Phytotelmata in Endemic DHF Areas in West Sumatra, Indonesia. American Journal of Infectious Diseases and ...
- A laboratory experiment to determine the consumption rates of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) and characterize the injury potential by Erinnyis ello L. was conducted. (bvsalud.org)
- First instar larvae were individually reared on excised cassava leaves of four varieties. (bvsalud.org)
- Early reports of the species were confused with the cassava ( Manihot esculenta ). (blogspot.com)
- Cassava, or manioc ( Manihot esculenta ), is a root crop native to tropical America that is now consumed by millions of people throughout the tropics, and is used in food preparation in many industrialized processes. (encyclopedia.com)
- Analyses were carried out fortnightly in each area of study from March 2008 to February 2009 in order to obtain the levels of parasitism by larvae of N. perezi in cassava shoots and parasitoidism levels by Braconidae parasitoids of the fly larvae. (unicamp.br)
- The tropical American Manihot genus includes the cassava , the source of tapioca and the most important tropical root crop next to the sweet potato . (encyclopedia.com)
- Erinnyis ello granulovirus (ErelGV) is a betabaculovirus infecting caterpillars of the sphingid moth E. ello ello (cassava hornworm), an important pest of cassava crops ( Manihot esculenta ). (biomedcentral.com)
- Akpan EA, Udoh VS (2017) Evaluation of Cassava (Manihot Esculenta crantz) Genotype for Yield and Yield Component, Tuber Bulking, Early Maturity in Cross River Basin Flood Plains, Itu, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. (ejobios.org)
- For example, a high level of mycorrhizal infection was maintained in cassava (Manihot esculenta) when it fourm grown in rotation with groundnut (Arachis gorum (Sieverding and Leihner, and the viscous resistance R corresponds to the friction coefficient f. (forexonline-ar.com)
- 14 ARGEHEORE EM, AGUNBIADE OO, 1991 The toxic effects of Cassava ( Manihot esculenta Grants) diets on humans: a review. (tramil.net)
- Cassava ( Manihot esculenta ) is a tropical crop grown for the roots, which commonly are used as a food for humans. (lrrd.org)
- O consumo foliar de mandioca (Manihot esculenta Crantz) e a caracterização da injúria potencial por Erinnyis ello L. foram determinados em quatro variedades de mandioca. (bvsalud.org)
- Investigations on amino acid profiles, total nitrogen contents, and computed-protein efficiency ratios (C-PER) of tuberous root peels of Manihot esculenta Crantz and Dioscorea rotundata Poir. (hindawi.com)
- 1. Tapioca Sago shall be made from the starch obtained from the tubers of tapioca (Manihot esculenta crantz syn. (sachamoti.in)
- Manioc( Manihot esculenta Crantz download power. (van-den-bongard-gmbh.de)
- SAGO shall mean small hard globules or pearls made from either the starch of the sago palm or the tubers of tapioca (manihot utilissima) and shall be free from any extraneous matter [including natural colours]. (sachamoti.in)
- Fortnightly analyses were performed starting 45 days after planting , calculating the rate of infestation by N. perezi larvae in each study area. (bvsalud.org)
- The N. perezi larvae occurrence rate was higher in area 1 - which presented the highest population peaks in autumn and winter. (bvsalud.org)
- Foram realizadas análises quinzenais em cada área de estudo, no período de março de 2008 a fevereiro de 2009 para obtenção dos índices de parasitismo pelas larvas de N. perezi em brotos de mandioca e os índices de parasitoidismo por braconídeos parasitóides das larvas da mosca. (unicamp.br)
- Quanto ao parasitoidismo por braconídeos em larvas de N. perezi, foi constatado que a porcentagem de ataque foi de 24,3% sugerindo que esta interação possa ser um importante fator na dinâmica populacional de N. perezi. (unicamp.br)
- Folhas frescas com áreas previamente determinadas foram fornecidas às larvas diariamente. (bvsalud.org)
- in addition to characterize the vital development of the insect under laboratory controlled conditions and finally describe the stages of egg, larva and adult on the insect. (unicamp.br)
- The inspection should be carried out to determine if eggs, larvae, pupae and adults are not present on the underside of leaves, taking into account the characteristic of this pest, such as the batches of eggs in a spiral pattern on the undersides of leaves and the signs of black sooty mold on leaves caused by this pest. (go.jp)
-  Root-knot nematode larvae infect plant roots , causing the development of root-knot galls that drain the plant's photosynthate and nutrients. (wikipedia.org)
- Phytochemical studies have indicated that total flavonoids extracted from flowers of Abelmoschus manihot (L.) Medic (TFA) were the major constituents of the flowers. (termsreign.gq)
- Studies on the effects of enzymes and the development of microparticulate diet for larvae are also summarized. (embrapa.br)
- The main damage is caused by the larvae, which feed inside the fruit (Norrbum 2001). (ufl.edu)
- Larvae of the specialist tobacco hornworm ( Manduca sexta ) grew up to 10 times as large on ggpps silenced plants, and silenced plants suffered significantly more damage from herbivores in N. attenuata 's native habitat than did wild-type plants. (plantcell.org)