The ash, dust, gases, and lava released by volcanic explosion. The gases are volatile matter composed principally of about 90% water vapor, and carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen. The ash or dust is pyroclastic ejecta and lava is molten extrusive material consisting mainly of magnesium silicate. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Oceans and Seas
Geographic Information Systems
Conservation of Natural Resources
A mass of organic or inorganic solid fragmented material, or the solid fragment itself, that comes from the weathering of rock and is carried by, suspended in, or dropped by air, water, or ice. It refers also to a mass that is accumulated by any other natural agent and that forms in layers on the earth's surface, such as sand, gravel, silt, mud, fill, or loess. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1689)
Free-floating minute organisms that are photosynthetic. The term is non-taxonomic and refers to a lifestyle (energy utilization and motility), rather than a particular type of organism. Most, but not all, are unicellular algae. Important groups include DIATOMS; DINOFLAGELLATES; CYANOBACTERIA; CHLOROPHYTA; HAPTOPHYTA; CRYPTOMONADS; and silicoflagellates.
A protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the PLASMODIUM genus: PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; PLASMODIUM OVALE; and PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus ANOPHELES. Malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands. It is characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high FEVER; SWEATING; shaking CHILLS; and ANEMIA. Malaria in ANIMALS is caused by other species of plasmodia.
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Bedding and Linens
Malaria caused by PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM. This is the severest form of malaria and is associated with the highest levels of parasites in the blood. This disease is characterized by irregularly recurring febrile paroxysms that in extreme cases occur with acute cerebral, renal, or gastrointestinal manifestations.
1999 All-Africa Games
Men: 1. South Africa, 2. Egypt, 3. Kenya, 4. Zimbabwe, 5. Ghana, 6. Malawi Women. 1. South Africa, 2. Zimbabwe, 3. Kenya, 4. ... Some new women's events were added: pole vault, hammer throw and 10 kilometres road walk. ... Kenya Hockey Union: All Africa Games Results[permanent dead link] Official site Athletics results - gbrathletics.com https:// ...
Transport in Uganda
As of 2017, Uganda's railway network measures about 1,250 kilometres (777 mi) in length. Of this, about 56% (700 kilometres ( ... Njoka, Kimathi (28 July 2006). "East Africa: Kenya And Uganda Railways Takeover Date Postponed". The Standard (Kenya) via ... Kenya: Yes; same gauge 1,000 mm (3 ft 3+3⁄8 in) South Sudan: Proposed; break of gauge 1,000 mm (3 ft 3+3⁄8 in)/1,067 mm (3 ft 6 ... Kenya had, by June 2018, completed the construction of the Mombasa-Nairobi section of its Standard Gauge Railway (SGR), which ...
... is a town in the city of Kisumu, the third largest city in Kenya. It is an agriculture town in Kenya that is part of ... Ahero is located 20 kilometres east of the county capital, Kisumu. Two major roads meet at Ahero, the B3 road from Nakuru To ... "Ahero Town - SymbioCity Kenya". Retrieved 2021-02-17. "Kenya: Ahero MCA Says Family in Danger After Robbers Break Out of Jail ... Winfred Nkatha , Benson Kimathi (28 January 2015). "Farmers steadily embrace SRI in Ahero, Kenya". Agricultures Network. ...
She has also served on the boards of Jitegemee Trust Limited, a microfinance company, National Bank of Kenya, and Kenya Post ... She attended a primary school every day, about 4 kilometres (2 mi), from home, traveling barefoot. She was admitted to Precious ... In 2010, the institution was split into Kenya Women Microfinance Bank and Kenya Women Holding Limited. The holding company then ... Dr Jennifer Riria was the winner of the Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur of the Year Award, or Kenya in 2014. She is also ...
2017 World Championships in Athletics - Women's marathon
... and catching her just before the 30-kilometre (19 mi) point. Dixon, who stayed with the leading pack for another 5 kilometres ( ... The race was won by Rose Chelimo of Bahrain in 2:27:11, seven seconds ahead of Kenya's Edna Kiplagat in second. Amy Cragg of ... It took place on 6 August 2017 on the streets of London, and consisted of four laps of a roughly 10-kilometre (6.2 mi) course ... During the second half of the race, the main group closed the gap on Dixon, narrowing it to 14 seconds by the 25-kilometre (16 ...
... is a town in Kenya. It is located on the eastern slopes of Mount Kenya, within Meru County. It falls in one of the most- ... Nkubu is 211 kilometres (131 miles) from Nairobi on the Nairobi-Embu-Meru road. The town is situated on the southern banks of ... The building houses the Nkubu campus of Mount Kenya University. Education institutions in the town include Mount Kenya ... Nkubu is the home of South Imenti Tea Farmers Sacco, a bank with the tallest building in East and Central Kenya. ...
... is a town in Kenya. It is the capital of Nyandarua County of the former Central Province. It is located west of ... Aberdare range and 40 kilometres east of Nakuru. Ol Kalou is connected by road to Gilgil, Nyahururu and Nakuru. Ol Kalou forms ... Kenya National Bureau of Statistics: Population of local authorities Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine Electoral ... Commission of Kenya: Registration centres by electoral area and constituency Archived 2008-06-25 at the Wayback Machine ...
... is a small town in Kenya. It is the commercial and financial centre of Rachuonyo Sub-County in Homa Bay County of the ... Oyugis is located 20 kilometres north of Kisii town along the major A1 Highway. There is also an inter-county road (C26) ... The intent of Hearts for Kenya is to enable the local citizens to carry on the projects autonomously. The core of the venture ... It is also the home to one of the oldest primary schools in Kenya, Wire Primary School,DOL-kodera Primary established in 1912, ...
Lake Bogoria National Reserve
It is administered by the Kenya Wildlife Service. The lake lies in a trough below the Ngendelel Escarpment, a sheer wall 600 ... The lake covers 32 square kilometres (12 sq mi). It is geothermically active on the western shore, with geysers and hot springs ... Lake Bogoria - Kenya Wildlife. Williams 2005, p. 61. Williams 2005, p. 64. Lake Bogoria - AfricaPoint. Lake Bogoria UNESCO. ... Lake Bogoria National Reserve is in the Great Rift Valley, Kenya, covering Lake Bogoria and the land immediately surrounding ...
... is a village in Muranga County, Kenya. Kigumo is located 15 kilometres west of Maragua town and 30 kilometres south of ... Kandara, a small town, is located 10 kilometres south of Kigumo. Kigumo village is located between two other villages, Karega ...
The town is located 40 kilometres east of Kisumu, the county capital. Muhoroni, another town, is located 10 kilometres east of ... Chemelil is a town in Kisumu County, Kenya. It is part of Muhoroni District. Chemelil has a railway station along the Nairobi- ... Rough Guide Map of Kenya Coordinates: 00°05′00″S 35°08′00″E / 0.08333°S 35.13333°E / -0.08333; 35.13333. ...
... is a town in Muranga County, Kenya. Kandara is located 10 kilometres south of Kigumo and 30 kilometres north of Thika. ... Kenya) Geographic Dimensions of Well-Being in Kenya Kandara at the GeoNet names server[permanent dead link] Coordinates: 0°54′S ... Kandara town is one of the oldest town in Kenya as it was built during colonial era.the colonialists built it on top of a hill ... Kenya National Bureau of Statistics: Population of local authorities Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine Electoral ...
... is an escarpment in southern Kenya. The escarpment is around 50 kilometres long and elongated in N-W ... Kenya - The Rough Guide Map "Loita Hills and Nguruman Escarpment". www.kilimanjaro.cc. Retrieved 2008-03-19. CS1 maint: ... discouraged parameter (link) BirdLife IBA Factsheet - South Nguruman Rough Guide to Kenya: The Nguruman Escarpment and Shompol ...
... is a township in Baringo County, Kenya. It is located along Kabarnet - Eldama Ravine road 24 kilometres south of Kabarnet ... Kenya): Geographic Dimensions of Well-Being in Kenya Electoral Commission of Kenya: Registration centres by electoral area and ... Communications Commission of Kenya: Status of Coverage of Communications Services Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine ... Daniel arap Moi, the second president of Kenya, was born in Sacho Kurieng'wo village next Sacho High School, a private ...
... is a town in Kenya's Laikipia County. It is situated approximately 15 kilometres north of Nyahururu on the Nyahururu- ... which is one of the largest and oldest farmer's co-operatives in Kenya http://www.maplandia.com/kenya/rift-valley/marmanet/ ...
... is a town in Embu County, Kenya. It was previously the capital of the former Mbeere District of Eastern Province. It ... Siakago is located 25 kilometres east of Embu town. The Kiangombe mountain lies just east of Siakago. On November 6, 2010 Peter ... International Livestock Research Institute: Urban Poverty Estimates For Kenya's Provinces, Districts, Divisions and Locations ... Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine Communications Commission of Kenya: Status of Coverage of Communications Services ...
... is a settlement in Kenya's Central Province. Its six kilometres from Kerugoya town. Notable people include Peter ...
Railway stations in Kenya Rough Guide Map of Kenya Electoral Commission of Kenya: Registration centres by electoral area and ... The town is located 50 kilometres east of Kisumu, the county capital. Chemelil, a smaller town, is located 10 kilometres west ... Muhoroni is a town in Kisumu County, Kenya. Muhoroni hosts a town council. It has an urban population of 13,664 and a total ...
Railway stations in Kenya The Rough Guide Map - Kenya "Directory of Cities, Towns, and Regions in Kenya". Global Gazetteer ... It is about 10 kilometres north of Elburgon and 15 kilometres east of Molo. The town lies 1912 m (6272 ft) above sea level and ... Rongai is a town in Nakuru County, Kenya. It lies 30 km west of Nakuru, along the A104 Road and the railway line between Nakuru ...
... is a settlement in Kenya's Makueni County. It is located about 20 kilometres north of Makindu town. Kalii is located in ... Kenya_AdminLevels_1-4 Archived 2011-05-21 at the Wayback Machine Electoral Commission of Kenya: Registration centres by ...
Tsavo West National Park
... is located in the Coast Province of Kenya. The park covers an area of 9,065 square kilometres. The ... "Tsavo West National Park Kenya: Facts About Tsavo West in Kenya". African Safari Tours: 2019/ 2020 Holidays, Vacations and ... www.tsavonationalpark.co.ke/tsavo-west-national-park-kenya-accommodation-safari-tented-camps-lodges-hotels.html Kenya Wildlife ... In 1978 Bill Woodley, then the warden of Tsavo West, invited the Mountain Club of Kenya (MCK) to explore the cliffs in the park ...
Bura East Airport
Bura, Tana Tana River District Coast Province Kenya Airports Authority Kenya Civil Aviation Authority List of airports in Kenya ... Its location is approximately 340 kilometres (210 mi), by air, east of Nairobi International Airport, the country's largest ... Bura East Airport is an airport in Kenya. Bura East Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKBR) is located in the town of Bura, Tana River ... Elevation of Bura East Airport Location of Bura East Airport At Google Maps Website of Kenya Airports Authority Airkenya Flight ...
Makindu Makueni County Eastern Province (Kenya) Kenya Airports Authority Kenya Civil Aviation Authority List of airports in ... Its location is approximately 146 kilometres (91 mi), by air, southeast of Nairobi International Airport, the country's largest ... Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21. allmetsat. "airport : Makindu Kenya". en.allmetsat.com. ... Makindu Airport is an airport in Makindu, Kenya. Makindu Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKMU) is located in Makueni County, in the ...
Kenya Airports Authority Kenya Civil Aviation Authority List of airports in Kenya "Distance between Busia (Western) and Jomo ... Its location is approximately 375 kilometres (233 mi), by air, northwest of Nairobi International Airport, the country's ... Location of Busia Airport At Google Maps Website of Kenya Airports Authority List of Airports In Kenya Airport information for ... Busia Airport is an airport in Kenya. Busia Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKBA) is located in Busia County in the town of Busia, in ...
... in the northwestern part of the Republic of Kenya. Its location is approximately 515 kilometres (320 mi), by air, northwest of ... Kenya Airports Authority Kenya Civil Aviation Authority List of airports in Kenya "Distance between Lodwar () (Airport) and ... Lodwar Airport is an airport in Kenya. Lodwar Airport (IATA: LOK, ICAO: HKLO) is located in Turkana County, in the town of ... Location of Lodwar Airport At Google Maps Website of Kenya Airports Authority Airport information for HKLO at Great Circle ...
... in the southwestern part of Kenya on the map. Its location is approximately 206 kilometres (128 mi), by air, northwest of ... Kericho Kericho District Rift Valley Province Kenya Airports Authority Kenya Civil Aviation Authority List of airports in Kenya ... Location of Kericho Airport At Google Maps Website of Kenya Airports Authority List of Airports In Kenya Airport information ... Kericho Airport is an airport in Kenya. Kericho Airport (IATA: KEY, ICAO: HKKR) is located in Kericho District, Rift Valley ...
Marsabit Mount Marsabit Eastern Province (Kenya) Kenya Airports Authority Kenya Civil Aviation Authority "Distance between ... Its location is approximately 420 kilometres (260 mi), by air, north of Nairobi International Airport, the country's largest ... Marsabit Airport is an airport in Marsabit, Kenya. Marsabit Airport (IATA: RBT, ICAO: HKMB) is located in, Marsabit County, in ... Location of Marsabit Airport at Google Maps Website of Kenya Airports Authority Airport information for HKMB at Great Circle ...
Mtito Andei Airport
Eastern Province (Kenya) Kenya Civil Aviation Authority List of airports in Kenya "Distance between Mtito Andei (Eastern) and ... Its location is approximately 221 kilometres (137 mi), by air, southeast of Nairobi International Airport, the country's ... Mtito Andei Airport is an airport in Kenya. The airport, (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKMT) is located in Makueni County, in the town of ... "Airports in Kenya". www.aircraft-charter-world.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21. Location of Mtito Andei Airport At Google Maps ...
... is a town in Kenya. It is the capital of Nandi County and is located 40 kilometres southwest of Eldoret on the way to ... Co-operative Bank of Kenya, Barclays Bank, Kenya Women Finance Trust(KWFT), Equity Bank and National Bank of Kenya. Nandi ... The town has a milk depot operated by New Kenya Cooperative Creameries (New KCC) and the KTDA Chebut Tea Factory. There are ... Major financial institutions present in Kapsabet Town are Kenya Commercial Bank, ...
Kenya Airports Authority Kenya Civil Aviation Authority List of airports in Kenya "Distance between Magadi (Rift Valley) and ... Its location is approximately 97 kilometres (60 mi), by air, southwest of Nairobi International Airport, the country's largest ... Magadi Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKMG) is located in the Magadi Division of Kajiado County, in southern Kenya, near the town of ... Location of Magadi Airport At Google Maps Website of Kenya Airports Authority Airport information for HKMG at Great Circle ...
The population density in Puntland is estimated at about 18 inhabitants per square kilometre (47/sq mi). ...
Pope Francis's visit to the Philippines
Security for the visit, including for physical barriers set up along the 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) route from the air base to ...
... has a total area of 23,200 square kilometres (9,000 sq mi). Its borders extend 575 km (357 mi), 125 km (78 mi) of ... The country's coastline stretches 314 kilometres (195 miles), with terrain consisting mainly of plateau, plains and highlands. ... It covers an area of 3.5 square kilometres (1 sq mi) of Juniperus procera forest, with many of the trees rising to 20 metres ( ... are also reportedly exploring the possibility of linking the Horn of Africa with the Arabian Peninsula via a 28.5-kilometre- ...
Canada has about 4,020,000 square kilometres (1,550,000 sq mi) of forest land. More than 90% of forest land is publicly owned ... Emerton, Lucy (1999). Mount Kenya: The Economics Of Community Conservation (PDF) (Community Conservation research Working Paper ... By December 2006, over 1,237,000 square kilometres of forest land in Canada (about half the global total) had been certified as ... although some older clear-cuts can range upwards of 110 square kilometres (27,000 acres) in size which was cut over several ...
Piloted in Ethiopia in the 1990s it has spread to Malawi, Uganda, Eritrea and Kenya. In an analysis of the programme by the ... Desertification is increasingly problematic: the Sahara reportedly spreads up to 48 kilometres (30 mi) per year. The most ... The early warning system developed to monitor the region inhabited by the Turkana people in northern Kenya also has three ... In January 2006, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization warned that 11 million people in Somalia,[Kenya, Djibouti ...
Its range overlaps with S. c. massaicus in northeastern Kenya.*Northeastern Africa: Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya and ... 9,800,000 square kilometres (3,800,000 sq mi)), leading the IUCN and BirdLife International to treat it as a species of Least ... Its range is essentially limited to southern Kenya and eastern Tanzania and Ethiopia and parts of southern Somalia.* ... Found in southern Ethiopia, northeastern Kenya, and Somalia. The neck and thighs are grey-blue, and during the mating ...
The tsetse fly lives in nearly 10,000,000 square kilometres (4,000,000 sq mi) in sub-Saharan Africa (mostly wet tropical forest ... enabling the colonial powers Germany and Britain to take over Tanzania and Kenya with little effort. With greatly reduced ...
... is between 560 kilometres (350 mi) and 580 kilometres (360 mi) long, and about 75 kilometres (47 mi) wide at ... 2016: (current record) Jean Craven (SA), Robert Dunford (Kenya), Michiel Le Roux (SA), Samantha Whelpton (SA), Greig Bannatyne ... The lake has a total surface area of about 29,600 square kilometres (11,400 sq mi). The lake is 706 m (2,316 ft) at its ... The lake is about 350 kilometres (220 mi) southeast of Lake Tanganyika, another of the great lakes of the East African Rift.[ ...
Anne, O.; Rasa, E. (June 1983). "Dwarf mongoose and hornbill mutualism in the Taru desert, Kenya". Behavioral Ecology and ... reaching their southern extreme in the snow petrel's breeding colonies up to 440 kilometres (270 mi) inland in Antarctica. ...
African sacred ibis
The most important predator of nestlings of the sacred ibis in Kenya is the African fish eagle, which preferentially searches ... and only a few kilometres from other coastal Chinese islands), but 190 km from Taiwan. In 2012 the population was estimated to ...
65 kilometres west of Seoul and connected to Incheon International Airport by a 10 kilometre highway bridge. This 10-year ... Kenya. Konza Technology City is a planned city that is hoped to become a hub of African science and technology upon its ... "Nairobi, Kenya: The African Executive. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 4 August 2009.. ... BBC News - Kenya begins construction of 'silicon' city Konza. Bbc.co.uk (23 January 2013). Retrieved on 21 July 2013. ...
Chamberlain offered 13,000 square kilometres (5,000 sq mi) at Uasin Gishu (also spelled "Gwas Ngishu"), an isolated area atop ... modern Kenya). This territory had only recently been transferred from the Uganda Protectorate to the East Africa Protectorate ... it would be considered an area of Kenya). ... Theodor Herzl's biography at Jewish Virtual Library Rovner 2014, p. 52b:"The land ... the Mau Escarpment in modern Kenya (not Uganda). The land was thought suitable because of its temperate hill station-like ...
Eswatini - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is no more than 200 kilometres (120 mi) north to south and 130 kilometres (81 mi) east to west. It is completely surrounded ...
Radio masts and towers
They consist of two electrodes buried deep in the ground at least a few dozen kilometres apart. From the transmitter building ...
The dam has a length of about 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) and a crest height of up to 67 metres (220 ft). It consists of concrete- ... None of the riparian countries further upstream in the Nile basin-Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya and Tanzania-are ... Merowe is a city about 40 kilometres (25 mi) downstream from the construction site at Hamdab. The main purpose for building the ... The reservoir lake is planned to extend 174 kilometres (108 mi) upstream. ...
It is bordered by Bugiri District to the northwest, Busia District to the northeast, the Republic of Kenya to the east and ... This location lies approximately 38 kilometres (24 mi), by road, south of Bugiri, the nearest large town. The coordinates of ... Namayingo, where the district headquarters are located, is approximately 95 kilometres (59 mi), by road, southeast of Jinja, ...
Located in the Leeward Islands Antigua has an area of 281 square kilometres (108 sq mi) with 87 kilometres (54 mi) of coastline ... 1920-1963 Kenya. *1922-1961 Tanganyika13. *1923-1965 and 1979-1980 Southern Rhodesia14 ...
The region covers an area of 1,579 square kilometres. The population density is 4,761 people per square kilometre, more than ... Kenya 64,212 United States 63,920 Ghana 62,896 Italy 62,050 Turkey 59,596 South Africa 57,765 ...
2019 Kenya Population and House Census: Volume 1- Population by County and Sub-county. Kenya National Bureau of Statistics. ... household with an average household size of 3.4 persons per household and a population density 54 people per square kilometre.[ ... "Kenya National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 May 2020.. *^ "The Report of the Interim Independent Boundaries Review ... "Women Representatives , KEWOPA KENYA". Retrieved 29 May 2020.. *^ "Catherine Wanjiku Waruguru". Mzalendo. Retrieved 29 May 2020 ...
"Twenty Christians and one Muslim were killed after violence broke out in the town of el-Kosheh, 440 kilometres (270 mi) south ... Kenya. 8,000+. Lebanon. 3,000-4,000 (2012). Germany. 3,000. ...
... the Courantyne River at 724 kilometres (450 mi), the Berbice at 595 kilometres (370 mi), and the Demerara at 346 kilometres ( ... There are 7,969 kilometres (4,952 mi) of highway, of which 591 kilometres (367 mi) are paved. Navigable waterways extend 1,077 ... With 215,000 square kilometres (83,000 sq mi), Guyana is the fourth-smallest country on mainland South America after Uruguay, ... There are a total of 187 kilometres (116 mi) of railway, all dedicated to ore transport. ...
It reached a peak of more than 30,000 square kilometres and a population that numbered more than three million, covering mostly ... Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda), North America (United States, Canada), Europe (United Kingdom, France, Netherlands), Ireland ...
It has an area of 518.8 square kilometres (200.3 sq mi). The districts of Bududa, Manafwa and Sironko were part of Mbale ... Mbale, the largest town in the district and the location of the district headquarters, is located approximately 245 kilometres ...
Australian Cattle Dog
Over the next few years additional Cattle Dogs arrived in the UK from the Netherlands, Kenya, Germany and Australia, although ... to the Sydney markets presented a problem in that thousands of head of cattle had to be moved for thousands of kilometres along ...
It has a 8 kilometres (5 miles) diameter caldera, whose rim is 1,600 metres (5,249 feet) altitude and an interior cone that ... The Cape Verde archipelago is in the Atlantic Ocean, approximately 570 kilometres (350 mi) off the western coast of the African ... Geologically, the islands, covering a combined area of slightly over 4,033 square kilometres (1,557 square miles), are ... rising 2.2 kilometres (1.4 miles) in a semi-circular region of 1200 km2, associated with a rise of the geoid and elevated ...
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
The Cocos (Keeling) Islands have fifteen kilometres (9.3 miles) of highway. There is one paved airport on the West Island. A ... The Cocos (Keeling) Islands consist of two flat, low-lying coral atolls with an area of 14.2 square kilometres (5.5 sq mi), 26 ... The lagoon is about 0.5 square kilometres (120 acres). North Keeling Island and the surrounding sea to 1.5 km (0.93 mi) from ... The island measures 1.1 square kilometres (270 acres) in land area and is uninhabited. ...
L118 light gun
A base bleed insensitive HE shell, with a maximum range of 20.6 kilometres (12.8 mi) has been developed. ...
The Masai giraffe (G. c. tippelskirchi) can be found in central and southern Kenya and in Tanzania. It has distinctive, ... "a collection of individuals that are less than a kilometre apart and moving in the same general direction." More recent ... The Nubian giraffe (G. c. camelopardalis), is found in eastern South Sudan and southwestern Ethiopia, in addition to Kenya and ... The reticulated giraffe (G. c. reticulata) is native to northeastern Kenya, southern Ethiopia, and Somalia. Its distinctive ...
પક્ષી - વિકિપીડિયા
Anne, O. (1983). "Dwarf mongoose and hornbill mutualism in the Taru desert, Kenya". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. 12 (3 ... એન્ટાર્કટિકામાં 440 kilometres (270 mi)આઇલેન્ડ સુધી પહોંચે છે  સૌથી વધુ પક્ષી વૈવિધ્યતા ઉષ્ણકટિબંધ પ્રદેશોમાં જોવા મળે છે. ...
São Tomé and Príncipe
It consists of two archipelagos around the two main islands of São Tomé and Príncipe, located about 140 kilometres (87 miles) ... The islands of São Tomé and Príncipe, situated in the equatorial Atlantic and Gulf of Guinea about 300 and 250 kilometres (190 ... apart and about 250 and 225 kilometres (155 and 140 miles) off the northwestern coast of Gabon, respectively. ...
KENYA: Walking Metres Rather Than Kilometres to Fetch Water | Inter Press Service
KENYA: Walking Metres Rather Than Kilometres to Fetch Water. By Protus Onyango Reprint , , Print , ... Tangulbei is a dry area in the Rift Valley region of Kenya, about 350 kilometres from Nairobi, the capital city. ... Gone are the days when she had to walk up to 20 kilometres to look for water with her child perched on her back. Tired of the ... I couldnt believe that now I will be able to walk for 20 metres to fetch water, instead of the 20 kilometres I used to walk ...
Lydia CHEROMEI | Profile | iaaf.org
Ezekiel KEMBOI | Profile | iaaf.org
10 Kilometres Date Competition Cnt. Cat Race Pl. Result 17 JUN 2018 Telese Terme Trofeo Città di Telesia ITA E F 1. 29:54 ... Then at Kenyas Olympic trials, he pulled up right next to leader Brimin Kipruto before waving him to go on and win while he ... Kenya is home, I dont have another." Later, he was to disclose, "After two laps, I felt my stomach churn and I started feeling ... "It does not matter who won gold as long as it came to Kenya and we won all the medals - that is fine by me," Kemboi said. ...
Bondo, Kenya - Wikipedia
Witu, Kenya - Wikipedia
A secondary road leads 21 kilometres (13.0 mi) south to Kipini on the coast. The coordinates of Witu, Kenya are: 2°2320.0"S, ... It is on the Garsen-Witu-Lamu Highway (C-112) between Mkunumbi, 33 kilometres (20.5 mi) to the east, and Garsen, 44 kilometres ... Witu is a small market town in the Lamu County of Kenya, East Africa. Formerly it was the capital of the Witu Sultanate. It is ... Witu was the centre of an inland empire of approximately 3,000 square kilometres (1,200 sq mi). It was inhabited by slaves ...
Kenya steams ahead - France 24
Kenyas Rift Valley hides a treasure buried several kilometres beneath the earths surface: geothermal energy. Today only 13 ... Kenyas Rift Valley hides a treasure buried several kilometres beneath the earths surface: geothermal energy. Today only 13 ... At the same time, Kenya has other sites under construction. The country plans to multiply its electricity production tenfold by ... percent of Kenyas electricity is provided by this source of power, but its potential is more than five times the populations ...
Daily Nation - Breaking News, Kenya, Africa, Politics, Business, Sports | HOME
Nation.co.ke brings the Latest News from Kenya, Africa and the World. Get live news and latest stories from Politics, Business ... 27-year-old Fredrick Ochieng cycles for 2000 kilometres sensitising Kenyans across counties on virus. ... Coast Northern Eastern Mount Kenya North Rift South Rift Western Nyanza-Kisii Nairobi Sports. Football Athletics Rugby Africa ... Kenya Power to move 1,000 Nairobi staff KNCCI sets up Covid rescue plan NCBA saves Sh222m on early corporate bond payment ...
Kenyan Herders Devastated As Long Rains Fail | WFP | United Nations World Food Programme - Fighting Hunger Worldwide
Perewan Lesakat lives about 60 kilometres away. Normally, he would never have needed to walk to Mount Kenya. But when several ... Kenya is one of the countries around the world where WFP operations are having to be cut because of a funding shortfall. ... MOUNT KENYA -- The smell of rotting carcasses hangs in the air. Dozens of dead cows lie scattered underneath the pine trees. ... Kenyas drought has forced herders to roam further and further with their animals in search of pasture. Cattle are dying, ...
Roof Tent Hire Kenya,Camper Hire Kenia,4x4 Kenya,, Nairobi, Kenya Car Rentals | RealAdventures
450 Kilometres. Nakuru Park. 22 Kilometres. Get More Information or Make Your Reservation ». Rates*. Low. High. Notes, rates ... 5 Days Kenya Budget Safari Maasai Mara &.... 1.3 mi away. NAIROBI KENYA, Kenya Wildlife & Safari Tours. From EUR €108 per Night ... Budget Kenya safari,Safari to Kenya,Afri.... 7.2 mi away. Central, Kenya Tourism Center. From EUR €297 per Trip ... Kenya Tanzania Adventure Safari Tour.... 1.3 mi away. NAIROBI KENYA, Kenya Sight-Seeing Tours. From EUR €2,024 per Trip PP ...
KENYA: Biofuels Boom and Bust | Inter Press Service
... and the nearest oil seed processing plant in Central Kenya is more than 200 kilometres from her village, too far for her to ... As a result, Kenya has only few biofuel processing plants that struggle to keep up production with seed supply, and many rural ... In Ngurumani, a small town in Kenyas Rift Valley, for example, farmers started to sell the seeds of the jatropha tree for bio- ... The Kenya Eco-Energy project, to which she initially sold the seeds, has run out of capacity, ...
Nakuru - Wikipedia
"Kenya , U.S. Agency for International Development" (PDF). Kenya.usaid.gov. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 February 2013 ... The stadium is two kilometres from the famous Lake Nakuru National Park. Even though it is a football stadium, it became famous ... The modern town, as with many others in Kenya, derives its name from the Maasai speaking people of Kenya.) Nakuru was ... The city of Nakuru is situated in Nakuru County, Kenya. It lies 1850 meters above sea levels on the highlands of Kenya giving ...
Keynote speech delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the Annual Meeting of the...
Our last mile power connection in Kenya is linking one million people to electricity. We led the syndication of US $965 million ... Our support last year provided 22,000 kilometres of distribution lines. The Bank hosts the Africa Renewable Energy Initiative, ... Kenya and Nigeria. Weve got to build climate resilience for Africa. The promises made to Africa on climate adaptation must be ... is sparkling today with the worlds largest concentrated solar power plant in Morocco and Africas largest wind power in Kenya ...
Kenya | New Internationalist
Annual population growth rate 2.6%. People per square kilometre 67 (UK 253).. ... That Kenya is made up of only two tribes - the rich and the poor - is a well-known phrase. The middle class is expanding but ... Kenya remained a one-party state after Kenyattas death in 1978 and replacement by Daniel arap Moi - and a failed coup attempt ... Kenya has come a long way from the time when detention of political opponents was routine. Now anyone can criticize the ...
Kenya's Maasai determined to overcome the challenges of drought and climate change
Nakuru is more than 100 kilometres to the north of Suswa. Taking there dozens of cows and sheeps is not an easy task. They will ... In 2005, he played a major role in bringing peace between the Maasai and the Kikuyu, the largest ethnic group in Kenya. The ... According to Wandiga, rainfalls vary region by region within a few kilometres: "Some areas are witnessing a drastic decrease in ... Kenyas Maasai determined to overcome the challenges of drought and climate change ...
Delivering into chaos: Gunfire, arson and childbirth in rural Kenya | UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
Towai lives in a pastoral community in Tangulbei, in Kenyas East Pokot County. Her husband was traveling with the familys ... Kenya - The morning of 20 August began like any other for Lena Towai, 35. Ms. Towai was in the final days of pregnancy, eagerly ... Delivering in a hospital was not an option; the nearest health facility was over 100 kilometres away. Instead, her community ... TANGULBEI, Kenya - The morning of 20 August began like any other for Lena Towai, 35. Ms. Towai was in the final days of ...
Kenya attack leaves several police officers dead | CBC News
The violence on Tuesday occurred about 70 kilometres north of the village of Garissa.. (Google). ... After al-Shabaab attack, Kenya needs anti-terrorism policy. * Kenya university attack: Government officials missing son 1 of 4 ... The Islamic extremist group al-Shabaab has carried out several attacks in Kenya in retaliation for Kenyas military involvement ... Kenya attack leaves several police officers dead. Several Kenyan police officers were killed in an attack Monday night by ...
Kenya: The Borehole That Transformed Lives of Turkana's Desert Farmers - allAfrica.com
... more than 700 kilometres north of Nairobi, Kenyas capital. Natiira Ateni is a phrase in the Turkana language, which means a ... Top Headlines: Kenya. *Kenya: Former Tahidi High Actor OJ Resurfaces. *Kenya: Female Freedom Fighter Mekatilili Wa Menza ... Kenya: Giriama Heroine Mekatilili Wa Menza Gets Google Doodle. *Kenya: Kenya Is Struggling to Deliver Justice Online - What ... Kenya: Google Honours Mekatilili Wa Menza With a Doodle. *Kenya: Mother of Katilili - Mekatilili - Honoured With Google Doodle ...
Relentless locusts return in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic | Africa Renewal
Kenya mall siege group al-Shabaab attacks 2 border towns | CBC News
Kenya has suffered many such attacks by al-Shabab along its 682-kilometre border with Somalia but they take on new significance ... after Kenya sent troops into Somalia following a spate of kidnappings of Westerners inside Kenya. ... Kenya mall siege group al-Shabaab attacks 2 border towns. The Islamic extremist group that killed scores of people at a Nairobi ... The leader of al-Shabaab said in a message that there is no way Kenya can withstand a war of attrition inside your own country ...
WRC - Safari Rally Kenya - Event preview | Federation Internationale de l'Automobile
The FIA World Rally Championship will return to the African continent and the legendary Safari Rally Kenya for the first time ... Safari Rally Kenya will feature 18 stages and a total of 320.19 competitive kilometres. Shakedown will be held earlier than ... Safari Rally Kenya represents a new challenge for all of the current drivers, even for seven-time world champion Sébastien ... MANUFACTURER WRC ENTRIES, 2021 WRC SAFARI RALLY KENYA. Toyota Gazoo Racing WRT. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA ...
Communications in Uganda
It is soon to be connected to the international submarine cables that are due to land on the coast of Kenya. A regional ... Uganda is a land-locked country located in East Africa, about 800 kilometres inland from the Indian Ocean. It is bordered by ... the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan and Tanzania, and lies along the Equator. It has an area of 241 038 ...
Lake Victoria tragedy,Tanzania in May 21
KENYAS SALVAGE EXPERTS IN MWANZA. Kenyas marine salvage experts based in Mombasa are already in Mwanza in response to a ... Lake Victoria covers about 70,000 square kilometres and is the second largest fresh water lake in the world. Ferries ply routes ... President Daniel Moi of Kenya and the official leader of the opposition Ford Kenya party Kijana Wamalwa have sent messages of ... He said Kenya had been deeply shocked and pained by the tragic news of the steamers sinking and the loss of life. Others who ...
How to negotiate infrastructure deals with China: four things African governments need to get right | News24
The cost for this more expensive type of railway was US$3.4 billion - for 756 kilometres. Kenya claims that its railway cost ... If not, they risk being denounced by the media or civil society organisations - as has happened in Kenya over the railway, for ... In Kenya, the Standard Gauge Railway is the largest infrastructure project since independence from Britain in 1963. China ... Eximbank provided most of the finance for the first phase - 472 kilometres of track between Nairobi and Mombasa - at a cost of ...
Roche - Improving cancer care in Kenya
Barriers to accessing healthcare in Kenya include poor diagnosis and inadequate funding. Roche is working with the Kenyan ... Some people will have traveled hundreds of kilometres for treatment but may not even get seen today. ... The Kenya agreement is part of Roches Africa Strategy which began in 2015 and is working with local partners on a range of ... Kenya does not yet have universal health coverage: An estimated 75% of the population are not covered by a health insurance ...
Restoring Cassava Production in Uganda | IDRC - International Development Research Centre
The casava mosaic epidemic was first noticed in 1989 about 100 kilometres north of Kampala. Soon it was cutting a 600-kilometre ... The cassava varieties developed at Namulonge are now being shared with neighbouring Kenya and Tanzania, which have each been ... It has since gone to Kenya, Tanzania, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. ...
East Africa Crisis Appeal | ActionAid UK
Millions are facing starvation in South Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya. Help prevent famine in East Africa. ... Kenya: 2.7 million people need humanitarian aid. Women and girls are walking up to nine kilometres in search of water, say ... As at July 2017, there have already been over 32,000 cases of acute watery diarrhoea reported in Somalia, Ethiopia, and Kenya. ... ActionAid has supported over 232,000 people so far across Kenya, Somaliland and Ethiopia, like seven-year-old Elizabeth and her ...
Kenya - Mildmay
Its total surface area is around 6.6 square kilometres. It is located in Bondo district, one of the poorest districts in Kenya. ... The Kenya Red Cross, which administers the Global Fund for Kenya doubled the size of the area to which Mildmay provides its HIV ... Mildmay in Kenya. Mildmay Kenya works to empower communities to deliver HIV health care services through support, education and ... The Global fund HIV Programme, administered in Kenya through the Kenya Red Cross Society, undertakes to expand universal access ...
Vast supplies of groundwater found under Kenya | New Scientist
A remote region of north-west Kenya is sitting on 250 trillion litres of groundwater - enough to keep 40 million people in ... Over the last year, a firm called Radar Technologies International (RTI) has surveyed 36,000 square kilometres of Turkana on ... Kenyas Turkana County is notoriously dry, but a survey now shows that it is sitting on a total of 250 trillion litres of ...
Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy, Kenya | Audley Travel
Visit the Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy in Kenya and discover its fascinating wildlife. Award-winning, tailor-made travel ... Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy, Kenya. The Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy covers an area of roughly 150 square kilometres. It ... From many of these elevated viewpoints you can see the faint blue outline of Mount Kenya. Finally, in the valleys and lowlands ... Start planning your tailor-made trip to Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy by contacting one of our Kenya specialists ...
The 10 Closest Holiday Rentals to Joseph e Toyota Kenya safari - Day Trips on TripAdvisor
Book from properties near Joseph e Toyota Kenya safari - Day Trips and 319 traveler reviews in Watamu, Kenya ... Compare the Best holiday rentals near Joseph e Toyota Kenya safari - Day Trips, Watamu on TripAdvisor! ... Villa Watamu kenya splendida oasi. 1.4 kilometres from Joseph e Toyota Kenya safari - Day Trips ... Holiday Rentals near Joseph e Toyota Kenya safari - Day Trips Watamu, Kenya. *Holiday Rentals ...
Nairobi230,000 square kilometresTanzaniaEast AfricaAfricaSquareMombasaEight kilometresHundreds of kilometresMount KenyaEldoretNine kilometresSeven kilometresSomaliaCentreTurkanaWorld'sStretchesKampalaSomaliKenyanKisumuRift Valley1999NorthKenya'sMetresNortheast10,000Garissa8,000Border2016TrekEcosystemKenyansManderaLocustsMillionHospitalMilesAreaNakuruApproximatelyWildlifeLongSafariSouthwestMaraTown2020TangulbeiNearestDadaabEthiopiaPassengerCountyPeopleRoadsSouthCountryMalaria transmissionWestLaikipiaHealthWaterVastTimeRefugee
- NAIROBI, Jan 3 2012 (IPS) - The acute lack of water in Kenya means families have to trek long distances every day to fetch water. (ipsnews.net)
- Tangulbei is a dry area in the Rift Valley region of Kenya, about 350 kilometres from Nairobi, the capital city. (ipsnews.net)
- In another town in Central Kenya, Naromoru, a collaboration between NGO Help Self Help, the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology in Nairobi and Dutch bio-diesel manufacturer Solarix launched Kenya Eco-Energy, a project that encourages rural farmers to use two other types of seeds, castor and croton, for environmentally friendly bio-diesel production. (ipsnews.net)
- Nakuru is the fourth-largest urban area in Kenya after Nairobi , Mombasa, and Kisumu . (wikipedia.org)
- It lies 1850 meters above sea levels on the highlands of Kenya giving it a climate similar, albeit a bit colder, to Nairobi. (wikipedia.org)
- Nairobi - Launched in 2014, Natiira Ateni Self Help Group is located in Turkana County, more than 700 kilometres north of Nairobi, Kenya's capital. (allafrica.com)
- Al-Shabaab said the Nairobi mall attack was not only directed at Kenya, but was also 'a retribution against the Western states that supported the Kenyan invasion and are spilling the blood of innocent Muslims in order to pave the way for their mineral companies,' according to the statement from Godane. (cbc.ca)
- China Eximbank provided most of the finance for the first phase - 472 kilometres of track between Nairobi and Mombasa - at a cost of US$3.2 billion. (news24.com)
- Githinji Thiong'o, for example, a 28-year-old masters student in plant pathology at the University of Nairobi, Kenya, has had a smooth ride in his studies. (scidev.net)
- Thiong'o will carry out this research at the US$80-million molecular biology laboratory in Machakos, 50 kilometres east of Nairobi. (scidev.net)
- This is the average grant that the five Kenya public universities - Nairobi, Kenyatta, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Moi and Egerton - offer their students. (scidev.net)
- Kakamega (a municipality of about one million located 250 kilometres northwest of Nairobi) is poor and its children have difficulty finishing school. (theprovince.com)
- Thika lies 50 kilometres northeast of Nairobi. (hasbean.co.uk)
- If this does not happen, the problem will persist," he said, speaking by phone from Eldoret, 300 kilometres (186 miles) northwest of the capital Nairobi. (reuters.com)
- Data from four weather stations situated in Nairobi were collected from the Kenya Meteorological Department for the period from 1966 to 1999 inclusive. (hindawi.com)
- NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenya Airways expects to recover from a first-half loss but full year profits will still be less-than a quarter of last year's, hurt by the euro zone crisis and insecurity at home, the airline said on Tuesday. (reuters.com)
- In Eldoret, the city 40 kilometres from Kapsisiywa where the 34-year-old runner, his wife and three children live, and in Nairobi, crowds gathered in the early morning to watch the run on giant screens. (hindustantimes.com)
- Police said the bus hit two trucks while trying to overtake in the village of Gilgil, around 120 kilometres (around 75 miles) northwest of Nairobi. (independent.co.ug)
- Twenty-nine elephant tusks and three AK-47 rifles were recovered yesterday after a three-month long sting operation in Samburu East in Northern Kenya, some 450 kilometres from Nairobi. (ifaw.org)
- Although just a few hundred kilometres from Nairobi, the county of Turkana, where newly-confirmed oil reserves are set to go on stream in the next few years, feels more like a million miles away from the gleaming skyscrapers and concentrations of power and money found in Kenya's capital. (globalpolicy.org)
- Kenya will reopen its embassy in Somalia "as soon as possible", Nairobi authorities announced on Monday, responding favorably to a proposal from their neighbour for the normalization of diplomatic relations between the two countries. (africanews.com)
- Kenya Power says it has commenced the relocation of power lines on Nairobi's Mlolongo, Mombasa and James Gichuru roads, to pave the way for construction of the 27.1km Nairobi Expressway. (allafrica.com)
- Mount Kenya ipo katika miinuko ya Kenya,  kaskazini kaskazini ya Nairobi, just kaskazini ya Nyeri. (wikipedia.org)
- Amid a surge of rhino and elephant killings across the country, the shooting of the rhino in the heavily guarded Nairobi national park-the headquarters of the government's Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS)- illustrates how easily poachers are decimating the country's large animals. (phys.org)
- Samburu Intrepids Camp with 30 tented rooms is located 345 kilometres north of Nairobi, each tent sits on a raised deck overlooking the river where the elephants make an appearance or the crocodiles come out onto the river's banks. (uyaphi.com)
- Corresponding author at: Nairobi Cancer Registry Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) Mbagathi Rd., Nairobi, P.O. Box 54840-00200, Kenya. (cdc.gov)
230,000 square kilometres3
- Therefore, the full economic potential of marine resources has not been exploited, yet Kenya has a maritime territory of 230,000 square kilometres and a distance of 200 nautical miles offshore. (businessdailyafrica.com)
- Therefore, the report states, the full economic potential of marine resources has not been exploited, yet Kenya has a maritime territory of 230,000 square kilometres and a distance of 200 nautical miles offshore. (businessdailyafrica.com)
- After years of failing to generate interest in the mounds, a chance meeting with an English expert on social insects, Stephen Martin, led to remarkable discoveries: There are over 200 million mounds built by termites that stretch across 88,800 square miles (230,000 square kilometres), about the size of Great Britain. (nationalpost.com)
- We offer competitive rental rates and reliable car hire services in Kenya ,Tanzania and Uganda. (realadventures.com)
- We also offer cabs, taxi services, shuttle services and chauffeur services in East Africa, Kenya and Tanzania. (realadventures.com)
- Back in the 1950s, Kenya achieved international notoriety thanks to the bitter conflict between the British colonial authorities and the Mau Mau rebels but, once independence was achieved in 1963, the country under its first leader, Jomo Kenyatta, pursued a pro-Western free-market course that contrasted markedly with the African socialism propounded by its neighbour, Tanzania. (newint.org)
- Originally from the lower Nile valley, they started to migrate south in the XV century until they reached the regions they currently inhabit: the districts of Kajiado, Narok, and Trans Mara in Kenya, and part of the northern Tanzania. (theecologist.org)
- It is bordered by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan and Tanzania, and lies along the Equator. (itu.int)
- Ferries ply routes connecting towns on the Lake in the East Africa countries of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. (or.jp)
- Newspapers, radio and television stations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania extensively covered the Lake Victoria tragedy in which more than 500 people are feared dead with the sinking of the Bukoba steamer near Mwanza on Tuesday. (or.jp)
- Moi called for co-operation among the three East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to ensure that ship facilities are safe to protect human life. (or.jp)
- It has since gone to Kenya, Tanzania, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. (idrc.ca)
- It is bordered by Bugiri District to the northwest, Busia District to the northeast, the Republic of Kenya to the east and southeast, the Republic of Tanzania to the south and Mayuge District to the west and southwest. (wikipedia.org)
- The district has a total area of 580 square kilometres and borders Tanzania to the south, Migori to the north and Transmara (Narok) district to the east. (fao.org)
- The hotel is one of a growing number participating in an initiative to protect and preserve Kenya's world-famous coastline, which stretches a total of 1,420 kilometres from its border with Somalia in the north to Tanzania in the south. (un.org)
- Seven countries - Kenya, Senegal, Nigeria, Ghana, Mozambique, Seychelles and Tanzania - are participating in a COSMAR public-private partnership to promote responsible tourism. (un.org)
- More than 90,000 tourists flock here every year to see the Serengeti's great annual migration, in which as many as 2 million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles travel thousands of kilometres between Tanzania and Kenya. (newscientist.com)
- Towards the end of last April, 700 kg of ivory were seized by KWS officials close to the Kenya-Tanzania border. (ifaw.org)
- The Indian ocean coastline of Kenya stretches almost 5oo kilometres from the border with Tanzania in the south to Somalia in the north. (uyaphi.com)
- Increased pressure from its surroundings is threatening the Amboseli National Park, The park has been established in Kajiado District, Rift Valley Province in Kenya, and is 39,206 hectares (392 km2) in size at the core of an 8,000 square kilometres ecosystem that spreads across the Kenya-Tanzania border. (grida.no)
- Every year a million wildebeest, half a million gazelle and 200,000 zebra make the perilous trek from the Serengeti national park in Tanzania to the Maasai Mara reserve in Kenya in their search for water and grazing land. (eurekalert.org)
- Tanzania , Kenya , Uganda , Rwanda , and Burundi - members of the East African Community (EAC). (thefullwiki.org)
- Witu is a small market town in the Lamu County of Kenya, East Africa. (wikipedia.org)
- Uganda is a land-locked country located in East Africa, about 800 kilometres inland from the Indian Ocean. (itu.int)
- Desert Locust swarms in Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia - already unprecedented in their size and destructive potential - could swell exponentially and spill over into more countries in East Africa if efforts to deal with the voracious pest are not massively scaled up across the region. (fao.org)
- The Serengeti-Mara ecosystem is one of the largest and most protected ecosystems on Earth, spanning 40,000 square kilometres and taking in the Serengeti National Park and Maasai Mara National Reserve in East Africa. (eurekalert.org)
- Shaped by global plate tectonic forces that have created the Great Rift Valley , East Africa is the site of Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya , the two tallest peaks in Africa. (thefullwiki.org)
- This Kenya to Cape Town Comfort Tour offers you fantastic insights into some of East Africa and Southern Africa's greatest attractions and cultures. (africanoverlandtours.com)
- Just like Gujarat, Africa is sparkling today with the world's largest concentrated solar power plant in Morocco and Africa's largest wind power in Kenya. (afdb.org)
- Muriuki believes that the Kikuyu came from "Cameroon, near Lake Chad," and moved into Kenya through Congo, Zambia, and South Africa, before veering northwards into present day Kenya where they faced hostile Somalis at the Shebele river, in (today's) North Eastern Kenya, and stopped further movement. (hubpages.com)
- The laboratory is administered by the Kenya Agricultural Research Institute, with core funding from Biotechnology Trust Africa, a foundation financed by the Dutch government. (scidev.net)
- New routes in Africa and Asia could pick up the slack from the fall in demand on European routes, the company said, although it added that uncertainty over an election due in Kenya in March could hurt the travel business. (reuters.com)
- Guests from Europe, Africa and within Kenya itself vacation there. (un.org)
- On Earth, such a tectonic process is called 'rifting', presently occurring on a smaller scale in the Kenya rift in eastern Africa. (innovations-report.com)
- Kenya, officially the Republic of Kenya (Swahili: Jamhuri ya Kenya), is a country in Eastern Africa.At 580,367 square kilometres (224,081 sq mi), Kenya is the world's 48th largest country by total area. (wow.com)
- The recent human migration crisis and growing insecurity in many dryland areas across the Sahara-Sahel has led to calls for large-scale border fencing in Africa, some of which stretch over several hundreds of kilometres. (theconversation.com)
- Witu was the centre of an inland empire of approximately 3,000 square kilometres (1,200 sq mi). (wikipedia.org)
- People per square kilometre 67 (UK 253). (newint.org)
- A single swarm covering one square kilometre contains up to 80 million locusts. (un.org)
- Lake Victoria covers about 70,000 square kilometres and is the second largest fresh water lake in the world. (or.jp)
- Over the last year, a firm called Radar Technologies International (RTI) has surveyed 36,000 square kilometres of Turkana on behalf of the government. (newscientist.com)
- The Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy covers an area of roughly 150 square kilometres. (audleytravel.com)
- Baringo, which irrigates land and provides driking water, has expanded 60% to 270 square kilometres (105 square miles) in the last seven years, he said. (reuters.com)
- Lake Bogoria has swollen by a quarter to 43 square kilometres. (reuters.com)
- The Square Kilometre Array (SKA) is the world's largest radio telescope project, which will collect data over one million square kilometres from radio astronomy telescopes on the African and Australian continents. (theconversation.com)
- A full view of the refurbished radio telescope in Ghana that forms part of the Square Kilometre Array project. (theconversation.com)
-  Kwa sababu hii, eneo la 715 square kilometres (276 sq mi) kuzunguka kituo cha mlima ni mteule wa National Park  na kuorodheshwa kama UNESCO World Heritage Site . (wikipedia.org)
- The entire park covers 870 square kilometres, with the western area made up of wooded grasslands, the north of thorny bushland, and open grassland elsewhere. (wildlifeworldwide.com)
- Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in more than 800 square kilometres or 497 square miles of pristine wilderness that is chock-full of wildlife, including the astonishing long-necked gerenuk, which can go for days without water and stand on its hind legs for minutes at a time, nibbling on fresh leaves. (go2africa.com)
- The dispute is on a potentially lucrative triangular stretch of 100,000 square kilometres offshore territory that is about 370km from the coastline, believed to be home to huge oil and gas deposits. (businessdailyafrica.com)
- It is one of popular Kenya beaches and located in Mombasa and there are many private inexpensive holiday cottages available for rent in Diani Beach Kenya and we have arranged through +44 7730 972137, so it may be helpful for you. (threebestbeaches.com)
- Diani Beach is on the coast of Kenya, 25 kilometres south of Mombasa. (threebestbeaches.com)
- The large all inclusive, more traditional Kenya beach lodges are centred around Mombasa in the south. (uyaphi.com)
- There are also no roads on the island, which is approximately eight kilometres long and one kilometre wide, and the health centre is located at the centre of the island. (mildmay.org)
- If a pregnant woman is bleeding excessively, we sit her on a chair and carry her to Kortek Health Centre III, which is eight kilometres away. (monitor.co.ug)
Hundreds of kilometres1
- Some people will have traveled hundreds of kilometres for treatment but may not even get seen today. (roche.com)
- MOUNT KENYA -- The smell of rotting carcasses hangs in the air. (wfp.org)
- Normally, he would never have needed to walk to Mount Kenya. (wfp.org)
- It lies on the edge of the Laikipia Plateau, about 100 kilometres north of Mount Kenya. (audleytravel.com)
- From many of these elevated viewpoints you can see the faint blue outline of Mount Kenya. (audleytravel.com)
- The Mount Kenya peoples and the Kamba of the Eastern province are sometimes assumed to be Kikuyu because the languages are intelligible. (hubpages.com)
- Some experts were asked to rate the Kikuyuness of the Mount Kenya tribes, including the Akamba, on a scale with 'Most Kikuyu' and 'Least Kikuyu' on the extreme ends. (hubpages.com)
- In their advance towards mount Kenya, they "pushed the Igembe and Tigania leaving some of their people behind. (hubpages.com)
- The slopes on the sides of the Kunati Valley, near Mount Kenya, are now completely bare. (fao.org)
- The current climate on Mount Kenya is wet, but drier than it has been in the past. (wow.com)
- Mount Kenya National Park, imara katika 1949, hulinda kanda yanayozunguka mlima. (wikipedia.org)
- Mount Kenya ilikuwa ya pili ya tatu katika Afrika juu peaks kuonekana kwa mara ya kwanza kwa Wapelelezi Ulaya. (wikipedia.org)
- The setting for Joy Adamson's famous book 'Born Free', Meru National Park offers a variety of habitats, wonderful views of Mount Kenya and an array of wildlife which includes Grevy's zebra, cheetah, leopard, hippo and buffalo. (wildlifeworldwide.com)
- Open and spacious, they offer spectacular views over Kalama Community Wildlife Conservancy and to far-off Mount Kenya. (go2africa.com)
- Trek up Mount Ololokwe, the Samburu's sacred mountain, or enjoy helicopter or biplane flip from Mount Kenya to Lake Turkana. (go2africa.com)
- In Eldoret, the fans watched in feverish excitement as their champion ticked off the kilometres and exulted when Kipchoge crossed the finish line with a clock displaying 1hr 59 min 40 sec, throwing hats and water bottles into the air. (hindustantimes.com)
- Women and girls are walking up to nine kilometres in search of water, say ActionAid reports. (actionaid.org.uk)
- Mr Naikeni says El Molo Bay Primary School draws its water from one such spring due to repeated vandalisation of a steel pipe that carried wholesome water from Loiyangalani, nine kilometres away. (fluoridealert.org)
- Jepchirchir broke away from the pack after seven kilometres and ran solo to the finishing line, beating the previous record of 1:06:11 by Ethiopia's Netsanet Gudeta in 2018. (firstpost.com)
- The Islamic extremist group al-Shabaab has carried out several attacks in Kenya in retaliation for Kenya's military involvement in Somalia, where Kenyan troops are part of an African Union force bolstering the Western-backed central government in Mogadishu. (cbc.ca)
- FAO is intensifying remote data collection through a network of partners, civil society, extension workers and grassroot organizations providing information from remote locations especially in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and South Sudan. (un.org)
- Kenya has suffered many such attacks by al-Shabab along its 682-kilometre border with Somalia but they take on new significance following the Westgate Mall attack. (cbc.ca)
- People are already dying in South Sudan, Somalia (including Somaliland) Kenya and Ethiopia, and if we don't act immediately, hundreds of thousands more are at risk of dying of hunger, infection and disease, including through contaminated and dirty water. (actionaid.org.uk)
- As at July 2017, there have already been over 32,000 cases of acute watery diarrhoea reported in Somalia, Ethiopia, and Kenya. (actionaid.org.uk)
- Patrick recently travelled to Somalia where he interviewed a number of people who had been returned from Kenya after living in Dadaab refugee camp. (hiiraan.com)
- Swarms continue to pour into Kenya from Ethiopia and Somalia and are rapidly spreading to the centre of the country. (fao.org)
- In a letter published Monday on its Twitter account, the Kenyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced "that the Government of the Republic of Kenya acknowledges and welcomes the invitation of the Federal Government of Somalia to restore diplomatic relations between Somalia and Kenya. (africanews.com)
- Somalia has regularly accused Kenya of interference, while Kenya has accused Mogadishu of seeking a scapegoat for its internal problems. (africanews.com)
- They are essential in pulling carts to markets, to go and collect water many miles away, collect firewood and are crucial in the thriving trade between Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. (practicalaction.org)
- Garissa, around 150 kilometres (90 miles) from the Somali border, has suffered chronic insecurity for years, fuelled by political and business rivalries, and the conflict in neighbouring Somalia which has driven hundreds of thousands of refugees to live in the nearby Dadaab camps. (modernghana.com)
- Two Canadians who were kidnapped from a refugee camp in Kenya by armed gunmen and taken to Somalia before being rescued say the attack happened suddenly with bullets fired, lots of confusion and some aid workers being ordered into another vehicle. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- They were driven out of the camp, located about 100 kilometres west of the Kenya-Somalia border, and then forced to walk nine hours each night and sleep and hide during the days. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- After being released, Dennis learned that trackers had followed his footprints in order for military officers from Kenya and Somalia to carry out a daring rescue mission 40 kilometres inside Somalia's border that saw one Somali gunman shot to death and the hostages freed. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- The lower-lying lands of northern Kenya and Greater Somalia are indeed extremely dry. (thefullwiki.org)
- Kenya is also confronted with piracy in the Indian Ocean, illegal fishing and border disputes, including the dispute with Somalia over the maritime boundary. (businessdailyafrica.com)
- ODM leader says presidency is the centre of power in Kenya. (co.ke)
- He carries out most of his East African Research at the Mpala Research Centre , central Kenya, Etosha National Park , Namibia, and Samburu National Reserve , Kenya. (york.ac.uk)
- Since early May, MSF has supported county health authorities at the Telesgaye health centre, setting up a 10-bed cholera treatment unit and adding an additional six beds to complement the existing four in the Illeret health unit, 10 kilometres from Telesgaye. (msf.ie)
- Drip irrigation has made it possible for spinach to flourish at the Natiira Ateni community farm in Turkana County, Kenya. (allafrica.com)
- This IRIN article calls attention to the consequences of the newly-confirmed oil reserves in the county of Turkana, Kenya, which is predominantly populated by poor pastoralist communities. (globalpolicy.org)
- TURKANA, KENYA: 22 year old Gurati Sahado went into labour at a manyata in Burriaramia village, Marsabit County and was safely delivered of her first child, a bouncing baby boy. (fluoridealert.org)
- 90 kilometres to the north on the shores of Lake Turkana, winds wafting from the project are blowing to change a trend whereby a majority of pupils at El Molo Bay primary school and neighbouring areas are virtually condemned to a life of damaged limbs and teeth that render walking and smiling a frustrating experience. (fluoridealert.org)
- Two recent developments have slightly raised the world's awareness of Kenya - previously limited to its reputation as the safari capital of the world and its production of a series of outstanding long-distance runners. (newint.org)
- Dollo Ado shelters Somali refugees and is the world's biggest refugee complex after Dadaab in Kenya. (unhcr.org)
- Late-race surges now have runners covering five kilometre stretches at 14:15 or quicker - a pace that that would once have won Olympic gold for the five kilometre track event. (andrewleigh.com)
- The casava mosaic epidemic was first noticed in 1989 about 100 kilometres north of Kampala. (idrc.ca)
- At least one person is confirmed to have died of MVD and several hundred people may have been exposed to the virus at health facilities and at traditional burial ceremonies in Kween District, a mountainous area 300 kilometres northeast of Kampala. (africanews.com)
- The operation, which involved Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) rangers, Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Trust (NWCT) scouts, and the local administration, began with the arrest of two Kenyan Somali poachers and one from the local community. (ifaw.org)
- On May 6, the Somali government announced the resumption of diplomatic relations with Kenya. (africanews.com)
- Another point of tension concerns Jubaland, the southern Somali state bordering Kenya. (africanews.com)
- For action and adventure, take day game drives through the conservancy and Samburu National Park to discover the Samburu Special 5: reticulated giraffe, Grevy's zebra, beisa oryx, Somali ostrich and gerenuk - rare species only found in this part of Kenya. (go2africa.com)
- Kenya is an East African country bordered by the Indian Ocean, Somali, Uganda, Rwanda and Ethiopia. (cdc.gov)
- Marathoners have always clocked up serious miles, but the leading Kenyan runners are pushing the limits out further still, covering around 200 kilometres per week. (andrewleigh.com)
- 3 of them were first timers to Kenya and I was a return visitor and my 2 Kenyan friends call Kenya home. (tripadvisor.in)
- BARINGO COUNTY Kenya (Reuters) - Draped in animal skin and covered in white paint, four teenage girls squat over large stones in a remote western Kenyan village after being circumcised - a life-threatening custom banned in the country three years ago. (reuters.com)
- A medical emergency can happen any time of the day, yet, a few kilometres east of the Kenyan capital, fewer ambulances and poorer security are just two of the night-time obstacles to reaching care. (msf.org.au)
- Bondo is located 50 kilometres west of Kisumu, the provincial capital. (wikipedia.org)
- The Bukoba resumed service between Port Bell in Uganda, Kisumu in Kenya and Mwanza in February after the revival of East African Co-operation. (or.jp)
- Mungai, our Kikuyu driver, joked throughout the sixty-kilometre drive along the Kisumu-Kisi road about our entering the land of Kavirondo sorcery. (booksie.com)
- It is through the intervention of one such NGO, ActionAid Kenya, that a whole division in the Rift Valley region has water and its residents have embraced farming. (ipsnews.net)
- Kenya's Rift Valley hides a treasure buried several kilometres beneath the earth's surface: geothermal energy. (france24.com)
- The Great Rift Valley, as it is called now, is as wide as 100 kilometres in some areas and as deep as 1,900 kilometres in others. (globalpropertyguide.com)
- There are several centres of higher learning here, including the large public school Egerton University, the private Kabarak University, the Rift Valley Institute of Technology, the Kenya Institute of Management and the Kenya Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Technology. (globalpropertyguide.com)
- En-route, stop over at the Rift Valley view point offering a breathtaking view and incredible panorama, ideal for photographs to be taken. (realadventures.com)
- Picnic lunch en-route to the reserve driving past extinct volcanoes on the bottom of the Rift Valley floor. (realadventures.com)
- His family live in an impoverished part of rural Naivasha in Kenya's Rift Valley region and could not afford the 80-kilometre (50-mile) journey to the nearest specialist hospital, leaving the young Kamau blind in one eye ever since. (medindia.net)
- The IUCN report in 1999 suggests that although reticulated giraffe still occurs widely within its historical range in northern Kenya, numbers are declining. (york.ac.uk)
- Nakuru is more than 100 kilometres to the north of Suswa. (theecologist.org)
- The violence on Tuesday occurred about 70 kilometres north of the village of Garissa. (cbc.ca)
- Lamu is a small island off the north-east coast of Kenya. (threebestbeaches.com)
- Half of these are in Kenya, while Ethiopia now hosts 214,000 - in camps at Dollo Ado and several hundred kilometres to the north at Jijiga. (unhcr.org)
- Ghana has had a redundant satellite communication antenna in Kutunse - a suburb 25 kilometres north-west of the capital, Accra. (theconversation.com)
- The first cases of cholera were reported in Silicho, an Ethiopian village near the border with Kenya, six kilometres north of Telesgaye, in December 2019. (msf.ie)
- BARINGO, Kenya (Reuters) - The fresh waters of Kenya's Lake Baringo teem with birds, fish, hippopotamuses and crocodiles and sustain tens of thousands of people. (reuters.com)
- Even so Kenya's forests are rapidly declining mainly due to pressure from commercial farming -According to a recent report, tobacco agriculture and other land uses constitutes a greater percentage in forest destruction in Kenya. (fao.org)
- Demand on key European routes like London further took a knock from grenade attacks and frequent unrest along Kenya's coast, which curbed the leisure travel market, forcing Kenya Airways to cancel some flights to the British capital. (reuters.com)
- Kenya has also experienced a series of poaching incidents since the start of the year, including in Kenya's most critical elephant habitat, Tsavo National Park. (ifaw.org)
- The estimated annual economic value of goods and services in the marine and coastal ecosystem of the blue economy in the Western Indian Ocean is more than Sh2.2 trillion ($22 billion) with Kenya's share slightly more than Sh440 billion ($4.4 billion) (20 per cent), beating tourism sector share with more than Sh410 billion ($4.1 billion), according to the Kenya Maritime Authority (KMA) estimates. (businessdailyafrica.com)
- I couldn't believe that now I will be able to walk for 20 metres to fetch water, instead of the 20 kilometres I used to walk earlier," said Julia Motii, the group's director. (ipsnews.net)
- Turtle Bay Beach Club is situated on 200 metres of beach on the edge of the Watamu National Marine Park, one of the best in Kenya, the hotel buildings are set in 10 acres of tropically landscaped gardens with 145 rooms. (uyaphi.com)
- More than 800 students attend the university and sleep in dormitories on the sprawling campus on the outskirts of the town in northeast Kenya. (modernghana.com)
- In one 2017 incident in Laikipia in Kenya, 10,000 pastralists made away with over 135,000 heads of cattle. (allafrica.com)
- Garissa (Kenya) (AFP) - An explosion followed by gunfire woke students at Garissa's Moi University in Kenya before dawn on Thursday morning. (modernghana.com)
- now serving sustainable, clean water to 8,000 people in Kenya, with many more sites to come! (globalgiving.org)
- Wednesday night, al-Shabaab attacked the border town of Wajir, 390 kilometres southwest of Mandera. (cbc.ca)
- The two East African neighbors, who share a 700-kilometre border and are in theory allies in the fight against Al Shabab Islamists, have had tumultuous relations. (africanews.com)
- The World Health Organization has said it is working to contain an outbreak of Marburg virus disease ( MVD ) that has appeared in eastern Uganda on the border with Kenya. (africanews.com)
- Living away from the support network of her family in Kenya, and with three children and a young baby to care for, Fauzia admits that the diagnosis in May 2016 and subsequent mastectomy surgery was "overwhelming. (roche.com)
- School girls from Northern Kenya participate in a 250 kilometre trek to lobby the government to reconsider the dam project. (iwpr.net)
- In the Serengeti ecosystem, for instance, a wildebeest will move over more than 2,000 kilometres during their annual migration. (theconversation.com)
- Residents of Lokichar, the closest settlement to the viable oil concession, speak of "Kenya" as if it were an entirely different country and of "Kenyans" - or "the people with long trousers" - as if they were foreigners. (globalpolicy.org)
- In the pastoralist district of Mandera in Northern Kenya, donkeys play an essential part of people's livelihoods. (practicalaction.org)
- Such swarms - potentially containing hundreds of millions of individual Desert Locusts -- can move 150 kilometres a day, devastating rural livelihoods in their relentless drive to eat and reproduce. (fao.org)
- Over five million passengers visited Kenya by arriving here last year. (rhinocarhire.com)
- About a million tourists come to Kenya every year and coastal resorts generate over 60 per cent of the visits, according to a UN report analyzing sustainable tourism in the country. (un.org)
- So far, prototype models have covered more than 1.2 million kilometres of testing, including a week-long initiative with wildlife conservation charity Tusk, in Kenya, and a dynamic appearance on the famous hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. (vanguardngr.com)
- The Moran Economic Empowerment programme, for example, has seen 3.2 million Kenya shillings dedicated to Savings and Credit Cooperatives targeted at women and young men. (nrt-kenya.org)
- Access to HIV treatment was not easily available , and Miriam, a mother of six at that time, had to travel 20 kilometres [12 miles] to a hospital in Sori town just to get tested. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- In 2001, MSF started providing treatment with ART at the Homa Bay district hospital and later in other health facilities in Ndhiwa sub-county, making it the first humanitarian organizations to provide free ART in public health facilities in Kenya. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- There was no blood in the district at the time and she was referred to Kitale County Referral Hospital in Trans Nzoia County, Kenya, for a transfusion. (monitor.co.ug)
- By chance, Martin and Funch met next to a river in Lencois, a small town in Bahia about 30 miles (50 kilometres) west of the edge of the mound area. (nationalpost.com)
- It is a major rhino sanctuary, and its previously believed secure environment-fenced in for much of its 117 kilometres squared (45 miles squared)-was seen as ideal for breeding and restocking other parks. (phys.org)
- The Kenya Red Cross, which administers the Global Fund for Kenya doubled the size of the area to which Mildmay provides its HIV services. (mildmay.org)
- There is only a small gap left," said Jackson Komen, senior warden for the government-run Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) for Lake Baringo conservation area. (reuters.com)
- In the investigated area in southwest Kenya, the grazing animals absorbed a total of 800 kilograms of silicon per day through the plants they ate. (eurekalert.org)
- According to FAO Forest Resource Assessment 1990, Kenya is classified among the countries with low forest cover of less than 2% of the total land area. (fao.org)
- Sparse rain also means wildlife must scatter over a wider area in search of water, which increases animals' odds of straying into developed areas, where fencing can block their way - a big issue in Kenya . (newscientist.com)
- Lokichar resident Kamaro said there was a widespread fear that lack of local skills would "lead to people from Kenya coming in" to the area. (globalpolicy.org)
- The scenes show an area of approximately 300 by 600 kilometres and are taken from an image mosaic that was created from the two orbit sequences. (innovations-report.com)
- Enjoy a game drive en-route to your camp where you might encounter some of the "Big Five" and you will most certainly be impressed by the wide variety of species present in this area. (realadventures.com)
- The two were staying at Indiana Beach Hotel which is approximately four kilometres from Mtwapa town. (co.ke)
- Namayingo, where the district headquarters are located, is approximately 95 kilometres (59 mi), by road, southeast of Jinja, the largest city in the Busoga sub-region. (wikipedia.org)
- This location lies approximately 38 kilometres (24 mi), by road, south of Bugiri, the nearest large town. (wikipedia.org)
- It is approximately five kilometres from Thika town, which is an industrial town in the central province of Kenya. (hasbean.co.uk)
- Media accreditation must be collected personally by accredited Pass Holders at the Accreditation Desk, located at the Media Center, Naivasha Service Park (next to the Kenya Wildlife Service Training Institute). (fia.com)
- The ministry wants to state that neither them nor the Kenya Wildlife Service have been contacted or consulted on this matter," the ministry said. (modernghana.com)
- The study looked at 40 years of data, and revealed that some boundary areas have seen a 400 per cent increase in human population over the past decade, while larger wildlife species in key areas in Kenya have declined by more than 75 per cent. (eurekalert.org)
- In southern Kenya fences put up around private farms have meshed together to form a large-scale barrier to wildlife movement. (theconversation.com)
- Gunmen have shot dead a white rhino in Nairobi's national park, a brazen raid in one of the best guarded sites in Kenya, wildlife officials said Tuesday. (phys.org)
- Jatropha berries: small-scale farmers in Kenya hope predictions of long-term profitability of biofuels are right. (ipsnews.net)
- He is a founding member and a former long-serving Honorary Secretary of the Kenya Coffee Producers Association, which is a national farmer's organization that works to promote the economic and social interests of the coffee farmers through active participation in the national and international arena. (hasbean.co.uk)
- The results come from an expedition to the nearly four hundred kilometre long Mara River in the Masaai Mara Nature Reserve in Kenya. (eurekalert.org)
- or walk the long distance to Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya. (hiiraan.com)
- The charity said it would work with anti-poaching teams to help ensure the long-term survival of the 13 animals -- including three babies -- once they reach one of two sites under consideration in southern Kenya. (modernghana.com)
- These images, taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA's Mars Express spacecraft, show the central part of the 4000-kilometre long Valles Marineris canyon on Mars. (innovations-report.com)
- Whether you need a 4x4 off-road vehicle for a safari ride, or a luxurious car model to relax and cruise, we offer discounted prices for your Kenya car hire requirements. (realadventures.com)
- The FIA World Rally Championship will return to the African continent and the legendary Safari Rally Kenya for the first time in nearly 20 years, when round six of the 2021 season takes place on June 24-27. (fia.com)
- Safari Rally Kenya represents a new challenge for all of the current drivers, even for seven-time world champion Sébastien Ogier - who heads the standings after taking his third victory of the campaign on the previous event, Rally Italia Sardegna. (fia.com)
- Adrien Fourmaux returns to M-Sport's Ford Fiesta WRC line-up for Kenya alongside Gus Greensmith, with Lorenzo Bertelli also taking up the chance to experience the Safari. (fia.com)
- Safari Rally Kenya will feature 18 stages and a total of 320.19 competitive kilometres. (fia.com)
- Our dedicated consultants will be able to advise you on the best Kenya beach accommodation options to tie in with your bespoke Kenya safari holiday itinerary. (uyaphi.com)
- The Mara Porini Camp has only 6 tented suites sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees along the banks of the Laetoli, a permanent spring, the tents are spacious and each has an en-suite bathroom with flush toilet and safari shower. (uyaphi.com)
- For many years, Homa Bay county in southwest Kenya has had the highest prevalence rate of HIV in the country. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Bondo is a town in Siaya County of Kenya. (wikipedia.org)
- The modern town, as with many others in Kenya, derives its name from the 'Maasai' speaking people of Kenya. (wikipedia.org)
- A Pokot girl, covered in animal skins, walks to a place where she will rest after being circumcised in a tribal ritual in a village about 80 kilometres from the town of Marigat in Baringo County, October 16, 2014. (reuters.com)
- Kenya aims to become an industrialised nation by 2020. (scidev.net)
- TANGULBEI, Kenya - The morning of 20 August began like any other for Lena Towai, 35. (unfpa.org)
- As a result, Kenya has only few biofuel processing plants that struggle to keep up production with seed supply, and many rural farmers cannot afford the costs of transporting their seeds to the nearest factory. (ipsnews.net)
- The Kenya Eco-Energy project, to which she initially sold the seeds, has run out of capacity, and the nearest oil seed processing plant in Central Kenya is more than 200 kilometres from her village, too far for her to transport the seeds herself. (ipsnews.net)
- were among four aid workers from the Norwegian Refugee Council captured at gunpoint from the sprawling Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya on June 29. (huffingtonpost.ca)
- ActionAid has supported over 232,000 people so far across Kenya, Somaliland and Ethiopia , like seven-year-old Elizabeth and her family in Kenya. (actionaid.org.uk)
- With a fleet of 37 passenger planes and 59 destinations, Kenya Airways has been hit hard by the debt and deficit crises in the euro zone, which sapped demand for travel on the routes that bring in nearly a third of total revenue. (reuters.com)
- That sent the airline's revenue passenger kilometre down by 3 percent, resulting in a 9.6 percent drop in total revenue for the period to 49.8 billion shillings. (reuters.com)
- Location of Witu, Lamu County, Kenya" (Map). (wikipedia.org)
- We continue to work with the County Health Services to try to provide essential health equipment to the island and in the last year with the support of partners KMET and Kenya Red Cross , Mildmay was able to provide delivery equipment and fifteen hundred delivery packs. (mildmay.org)
- This was the reality for communities in Machakos County, Kenya, where Project Maji is working to bring sustainable, clean drinking water to those in need. (globalgiving.org)
- The cholera outbreak comes at a time when there are already more than 700 cases of COVID-19 across Kenya, with one patient reported in Wajir County, next door to Marsabit County. (msf.ie)
- This study was conducted on Rusinga Island, which is located in Mbita sub-county in western Kenya. (biomedcentral.com)
- Working together, NRT, conservancy teams, the Kenya Police, county government and communities are helping reunite more stolen livestock with their rightful owners, and mitigate the potential for retaliation thefts and attacks. (nrt-kenya.org)
- In both rural and urban areas, people often walk as far as 30 kilometres or more to collect water from rivers, streams or wells. (ipsnews.net)
- Listening to Fauzia and her sisters talk about these concerns brings into sharp focus the myriad of challenges that people with cancer in Kenya face every day-from recognising symptoms and getting an early diagnosis, to accessing appropriate treatment. (roche.com)
- Most people seem to believe tht its still not safe to go to kenya. (threebestbeaches.com)
- Notable among these are the Maasai people, the most recognizable cultural face of Kenya. (globalpropertyguide.com)
- At least 19 people were killed in a crash between a bus and two trucks early Saturday in Kenya, police said. (independent.co.ug)
- he belonged to the Luo people, the third largest ethnic group in Kenya. (booksie.com)
- Heavy rains across Kenya and the wider region have led to floods and forced many people from their homes. (msf.ie)
- List of roads in Kenya Witu (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Trillo, Richard (2010). (wikipedia.org)
- I avoided roads and walked for many kilometres through the bushes," he answered. (hiiraan.com)
- The accident comes just weeks after another collision killed dozens in Kenya, which has notoriously dangerous roads. (independent.co.ug)
- Roads in Nairobi's informal settlements will soon have walkways and cycle lanes, Kenya Urban Roads Authority (Kura) has announced. (co.ke)
- A secondary road leads 21 kilometres (13.0 mi) south to Kipini on the coast. (wikipedia.org)
- The leader of al-Shabaab said in a message that there is no way Kenya can 'withstand a war of attrition inside your own country. (cbc.ca)
- Soon it was cutting a 600-kilometre (km) wide swath across the country, at a speed of 25 km per year. (idrc.ca)
- Police said Mr Roeseler had been in Kenya for three weeks after being invited by his friend, Mr Markus, who has previously been into the country. (co.ke)
- have examined the patterns of malaria transmission in Kenya over 9 years. (elifesciences.org)
- Compared to other areas in western Kenya where epidemiological studies have been conducted [ 5 ], very little is known on malaria transmission in the islands of Lake Victoria. (biomedcentral.com)
- This study sought to determine malaria prevalence, Plasmodium sporozoite rates and the contribution of different Anopheles species to indoor and outdoor malaria transmission on Rusinga Island, western Kenya. (biomedcentral.com)
- It is 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) west of the Witu Forest. (wikipedia.org)
- It is on the Garsen-Witu-Lamu Highway (C-112) between Mkunumbi, 33 kilometres (20.5 mi) to the east, and Garsen, 44 kilometres (27.3 mi) to the west. (wikipedia.org)
- The valley divides Kenya in half, separating east from west. (globalpropertyguide.com)
- The fracturing of Valles Marineris could have occurred thousands of millions of years ago, when the Tharsis bulge (west of Valles Marineris) began to form as the result of volcanic activity and subsequently grew to the dimensions of greater than a thousand kilometres in diameter and more than ten kilometres high. (innovations-report.com)
- The work started in Laikipia, central Kenya, where some of the techniques were piloted. (york.ac.uk)
- The work then moved to Etosha National Park, Namibia (in association with the University of Queensland, Australia) and from 2012 is again focussed back in Kenya, in northern Laikipia, in association with John Doherty. (york.ac.uk)
- Mildmay Kenya works to empower communities to deliver HIV health care services through support, education and training. (mildmay.org)
- The past year has been another challenging one for the Mildmay team in Kenya.There continues to be significant disruption and strikes from health workers who deliver universal healthcare services in Kenya. (mildmay.org)
- She tested positive for HIV, but she could not be put on treatment since she was from another health district-Homa Bay, Kenya . (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- The county's fragile health structure, limited skilled personnel, and lack of protective gear mean that treating other illnesses alongside cholera could leave a devastating mark on communities experiencing an outbreak," notes MSF Kenya head of mission, Edi Ferdinand Atte. (msf.ie)
- Malaria is a public health problem in Kenya despite intense deployment of vector control tools. (biomedcentral.com)
- Gone are the days when she had to walk up to 20 kilometres to look for water with her child perched on her back. (ipsnews.net)
- It was the difficult living conditions as well as the failure by the government to implement sound water and agricultural policies that prompted the group, through its committee chaired by Philemon Akwija, to approach ActionAid Kenya and ask them to help solve their water problem by helping them dig a borehole. (ipsnews.net)
- In times of drought donkeys play a vital role, as Pastoralist Adan Abdirahiman said many of their livestock have died and donkeys are their only hope of earning money - through collecting and selling firewood and water "My donkey is vital because it carries water from this shallow well 16 kilometres back home. (practicalaction.org)
- As the host of this year's Blue Economy Summit in November, supported by Commonwealth leaders, Kenya is only focusing on fisheries both for domestic and export markets, while ignoring others such as harvesting of living resources like sea food and marine biotechnology, extraction of non-living resources (seabed mining), and generation of untapped resources including energy and fresh water. (businessdailyafrica.com)
- At the same time, Kenya has other sites under construction. (france24.com)
- First time when I planned my trip to Diani Beach Kenya, it was cancelled and again recently I have been there and the beach was a paradise. (threebestbeaches.com)
- Severin was the first hotel in Kenya to hire an environmental officer on its full-time staff," says Mr. Andrew Stuart, the hotel's managing director. (un.org)
- Eliud Kipchoge's historic marathon time on Saturday was greeted with joy and pride in his native Kenya. (hindustantimes.com)
- Dennis had only worked for the Norwegian Refugee Council for the past year in Kenya, but had a lengthy background in humanitarian work with other agencies, including Doctors Without Borders. (huffingtonpost.ca)