A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
Information Storage and Retrieval
Natural Language Processing
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.
A specified list of terms with a fixed and unalterable meaning, and from which a selection is made when CATALOGING; ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING; or searching BOOKS; JOURNALS AS TOPIC; and other documents. The control is intended to avoid the scattering of related subjects under different headings (SUBJECT HEADINGS). The list may be altered or extended only by the publisher or issuing agency. (From Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed, p163)
Terminology as Topic
An island in the Greater Antilles in the West Indies, south of Florida. With the adjacent islands it forms the Republic of Cuba. Its capital is Havana. It was discovered by Columbus on his first voyage in 1492 and conquered by Spain in 1511. It has a varied history under Spain, Great Britain, and the United States but has been independent since 1902. The name Cuba is said to be an Indian name of unknown origin but the language that gave the name is extinct, so the etymology is a conjecture. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p302 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p132)
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Database Management Systems
Medical Subject Headings
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Databases as Topic
Sequence Analysis, Protein
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Pattern Recognition, Automated
A curved elevation of GRAY MATTER extending the entire length of the floor of the TEMPORAL HORN of the LATERAL VENTRICLE (see also TEMPORAL LOBE). The hippocampus proper, subiculum, and DENTATE GYRUS constitute the hippocampal formation. Sometimes authors include the ENTORHINAL CORTEX in the hippocampal formation.
Analysis of Variance
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Look and Read
Each serial was also written with a limited vocabulary in mind, each of the keywords paced through the piece a certain number ... In the early 1960s, there was a lot of interest in the medium as a way of educating children with certain learning difficulties ... The serial took the format, which the programme would continue for many years, of each episode's story being divided into two ... For the 1974 serial "Cloud Burst", the new producer Sue Weeks created the character Wordy. A large orange character, vaguely ...
Multi-Channel Synchronous Serial (MCS) refers to the synchronous serial communication between prop chips. 96-bit packets are ... In 2013, Parallax incorporated Propeller-GCC and Simple Libraries into the Propeller-C Learn series of tutorials. Propeller-GCC ... Like Python, Spin uses indentation whitespace, rather than curly braces or keywords, to delimit blocks. The Propeller's ... Simultaneously, it emulates a serial port, using two other I/O pins that can be used to upload software directly to RAM (and ...
Instead, it learns from human input: Humans type into the box below the Cleverbot logo and the system finds all keywords or an ... In late 2010, Cleverbot received widespread media attention after being featured in the popular creepypasta ARG web serial Ben ... The developers of Cleverbot are attempting to build a new version using machine learning techniques. A significant part of the ... Saenz, Aaron (13 January 2010). "Cleverbot Chat Engine Is Learning From The Internet To Talk Like A Human". Singularity Hub. ...
Dragnet (radio series)
Most later episodes were entitled "The Big _____", where the key word denoted a person or object in the plot. In numerous ... Wynn and his partner Officer Vance Brasher, and attended Police Academy courses to learn authentic jargon and details that ... without the forced melodrama heard in the numerous private-detective serials then common in radio programming. (The film ...
"Learn from Proven Entrepreneurs". Mixergy. "12 Best Online Courses for Learning Practical Business Skills". The Huffington Post ... Rob Walling is a serial entrepreneur, author, podcaster, and angel investor. He is the author of Start Small, Stay Small: A ... a web-based software as a service product that provides long tail keyword suggestions. Before purchasing HitTail, it had used a ... "Learn from Proven Entrepreneurs". Mixergy. "Web, quando la strategia Freemium si rivela un flop". Sarah E. Needleman and Angus ...
Proteus (programming language)
The language was later focused on Windows, by adding hundreds of specialized functions for: network and serial communication, ... medium-length keywords were adopted. The user, besides writing new high-level functions in Proteus, can add new functions in C/ ... keep low the learning curve. The development environment includes a source code editor with syntax highlighting and a context- ... keywords and messages); no data types: all variables can be used as integer numbers, floating point numbers or strings; ...
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
In 1970, ten years prior to the start of the game, suspected serial killer Yō Haibara kidnapped five girls from their rooms in ... The color yellow was chosen as the game's image color, while the key words used to describe the plot were "memory", "moon" and ... During her exploration, Ruka learns that she and Misaki are suffering from a malady known as the Hidden Moon Disease, which ...
Latent semantic analysis
As a result, Boolean or keyword queries often return irrelevant results and miss information that is relevant. LSI is also used ... These terms will have no impact on the global weights and learned correlations derived from the original collection of text. ... Marc W. Howard; Michael J. Kahana (1999). "Contextual Variability and Serial Position Effects in Free Recall" (PDF). Cite ... When LSI topics are used as features in supervised learning methods, one can use prediction error measurements to find the ...
Recurrent neural network
Deeplearning4j: Deep learning in Java and Scala on multi-GPU-enabled Spark. A general-purpose deep learning library for the JVM ... doi:10.1016/0364-0213(90)90002-E. Jordan, Michael I. (1997-01-01). "Serial Order: A Parallel Distributed Processing Approach". ... An Application of Recurrent Neural Networks to Discriminative Keyword Spotting. Proceedings of the 17th International ... Journal of Machine Learning Research. 3: 115-143. Eck, Douglas; Schmidhuber, Jürgen (2002-08-28). Learning the Long-Term ...
List of programming languages by type
... has only a few keywords and not all the constructs needed for a full programming language - many database management systems ... where control flow is specified by serial orders (imperatives). (Pure) functional and logic-based programming languages are ... Squirrel Tcl Languages developed primarily for the purpose of teaching and learning of programming. Alice Blockly Catrobat ...
Ercan and Cicekli explore the effects of lexical chains in the keyword extraction task through a supervised machine learning ... Lexical chains extend this notion to a serial number of adjacent words. There are two main reasons why lexical chains are ... In, lexical chains are built using specific patterns found on WordNet and used for learning word embeddings. Their resulting ... Ercan, Gonenc; Cicekli, Ilyas (2007). "Using lexical chains for keyword extraction". Information Processing & Management. 43 (6 ...
Syed Nazim Ali
Serials management in developing countries. The Serials Librarian (Haworth Press, New York) Vol. 18, 1990, (pp. 147-154.) Ali, ... Edited by Lawrence J. McCrank, Medford, New Jersey: Learned Information, 1989, (pp. 9-12.) Ali, S. Nazim. CD-ROM databases as ... Subject relationship between articles determined by co-occurrence of keywords in citing and cited titles. Journal of ... learned Information Europe, 1988, (pp. 569-573.) Ali, S. Nazim and Al-Quradaghi, Bahnaz, "Publishing Islamic Economics & ...
... "learn how to learn" is often taken to mean instructing them how to submit to being taught. Self-organised learning (S.O.L.) ... As an indication of the increasing importance of this concept, when queried with the keyword self-organ*, Dissertation ... Norbert Wiener regarded the automatic serial identification of a black box and its subsequent reproduction as self-organization ... Routledge (1st Ed.) Harri-Augstein E. S. and Thomas L. F. (2013) Learning Conversations: The S-O-L way to personal and ...
I'm not opposed to serial music; I've benefited from studying it, and I have sometimes found myself writing serial themes - ... Ferneyhough felt that he learned nothing from Berkeley because of the gap between their musical conceptions, remembering him as ... "Works by Sir Lennox Berkeley (complete listing) (containing the keyword '13')". www.lennoxberkeley.org.uk. Retrieved 21 April ... He started including tone rows and aspects of serial technique in his compositions around the time of the Concertino, op. 49 ( ...
Magic Knight Rayearth
Appearing as a serial in the manga magazine Nakayoshi from the November 1993 issue to the February 1995 issue, the chapters of ... There they learn that Cephiro is influenced by one's will and that the Pillar maintains Cephiro through prayer. The girls are ... 8-1&keywords=magic+knight+rayearth Stevens, Josh A. (October 28, 2018). "Anime Limited To Release Sword Art Online Alternative ... With the Pillar gone, Cephiro is, for the most part, defenseless, and the girls are saddened to learn that a new Pillar must be ...
University of the Philippines Los Baños
It has 17,798 volumes and 198 serial titles, and a total floor area of 609.25 m2 (6,557.9 sq ft). It claims to hold the largest ... "Search Results (keyword: Philippines)". Web of Science Group. Retrieved 7 April 2021. "Research Centers". UPLB. Retrieved 23 ... and learning museums include: Postharvest Training and Research Center (PHTRC) La Granja Research and Training Station (LGRTS) ... The Main Library also houses theses, digital sources, and 1,215 serial titles, among other materials. It has a total floor area ...
Charles Wesley Shilling
From Panama, Shilling was transferred to the Navy Diving School in Washington, DC where he learned to dive and began diving ... ISBN 0-471-99453-7. Underwater Medicine and Related Sciences: A Guide to the Literature: an annotated bibliography, key word ... A major focus of this project was indexing and abstracting the world serial publications and ensuring their availability in the ... key word index, and microthesaurus. http://rubicon-foundation.org/shilling/ Charles W. Shilling Papers at Duke University ...
Supply chain operations reference
"APICS Dictionary and Learn It App". www.apics.org. Retrieved 2016-07-14. Poluha, Rolf G. Application of the SCOR model in ... Once again this is the SCOR syntax: letter-number-dot-serial number. The model suggests that to perform a "Make build to order ... With the French supplier, the company "Pulls components from France based on production volumes". The key word here is "pulls ... The description of the manufacturing company reads "Manufacturing company That Produces against a 15-day forecast". The key ...
Entertainment Computer System
The BASIC keywords built into the ECS, discussed at length in the manual, are a maximum of four characters long. Some ECS BASIC ... Typical serial printers had DB-25 interfaces; some had DE-9 interfaces; and, some Radio Shack (RS) printers had round 4-pin ... or learning music. It would also allow two additional hand-held Game Controllers to be connected in place of the alphanumeric ... The ECS will display help menus covering its commands: type MENU 0 for monitor commands, MENU 1 for BASIC keywords, MENU 2 for ...
... "serials crisis" - from 1986 to 2005, the number of serials purchased has increased an average of 1.9% per year while total ... Learned Publishing. 23 (3): 258-263. doi:10.1087/20100308. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-23.. ... "Scholarly Books" and "Peer Review" in Academic Keywords: A Devil's Dictionary for Higher Education. ISBN 0-415-92203-8. ... Main article: Serials crisis. A crisis in academic publishing is "widely perceived"; the apparent crisis has to do with the ...
Knowing when plants are ripe for eating is a learned behavior. Berries may be foraged in bushes or at the tops of trees, and ... "Keyword search: "Ursidae", Exact phrase, The entire database". IUCN. Archived from the original on 2011-08-05. Retrieved 16 ... The mating system of bears has variously been described as a form of polygyny, promiscuity and serial monogamy. During the ...
Each master with their own keyword(s) denote which models within the game are available to hire and have internal synergy. The ... Sandeep Desai - Academic & Elemental - An Arcanist Master, Sandeep was born in Guild-occupied India devoted to learning before ... Seamus is an audacious and vile serial killer in the Malifaux universe, raising his victims, often harlots, from the dead to be ...
Oregon State Penitentiary
"Prisoners Eager to Learn to Improve Life by Study", Christian Science Monitor, 8 November 1926; accessed via ProQuest. "Eighty ... Rick Bella, "State Supreme Court orders fourth sentencing trial for serial killer Dayton Leroy Rogers", The Oregonian, 11 ... 1-1-fkmr1&keywords=Anne+Rule+Deconstructed Jim Yuskavitch, Outlaw Tales of Oregon, Globe Pequot, 2012, ISBN 9780762772636, p. ... He also identifies a five-year period in which the warden stopped newspaper deliveries to prevent convicts from learning of ...
Possibilities for Support of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Original". Serials Review. 35 (3): 142-148. doi:10.1016/ ... From the point of view of search data, there are drawbacks to such tag-based systems: no standard set of keywords (i.e., a ... Folksonomy is also called social tagging, "the process by which many users add metadata in the form of keywords to shared ... RISAL (Repository of Interactive Social Assets for Learning) is another social bookmarking system used for supporting teaching ...
... either the keyword 'end' (which is compatible with the MATLAB language) or a more specific keyword 'end_block'. As a ... to learn how you can contribute missing functionality. error: 'guide' undefined near line 1 column 1 Octave comes with an ... Low level I/O functions for serial, i2c, parallel, tcp, gpib, vxi11, udp and usbtmc interfaces interval - The interval package ... or with the more portable keyword 'end'. The cleanup part of the block is always executed. In case an exception is raised by ...
Kenneth Mathiason Skeaping
What you learn willingly over that ten years, you never forget." The eldest child was born in Woodford in Essex in 1897, and ... The following list of books was generated by searching the Jisc Library Hub Discover database for books with the keyword " ... The National Archives (2014). "Class: MH 94; Piece: 37, Admission Serial No. 21693, admitted to Rainhill on 24 December 1901". ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Search Results for Date: 1880-1950; Keyword: Skeaping; Document type: book". Library ...
The demo songs can also be used for entertainment and learning. Some keyboards have a teaching feature that will indicate the ... MIDI, Musical Instrument Digital Interface, is a serial data connection which operates with any make or model of instrument ... Velocity sensitivity (also found under the keyword touch sensitivity in some manuals): While the least expensive keyboards are ...
When he learned of the outbreak of war in Europe, he decided to wait in Buenos Aires until it was over; he reported to the ... Moreover, he created "keywords" that shed their symbolic light on the sense covered under the ironic form (e.g. gęba, pupa in ... Dziennik was published in serial form in Kultura from 1953 to 1969. It is not only Gombrowicz's record of life but also a ...
This implies that the medial temporal lobe is heavily involved in explicit learning, but not in implicit learning. ... Howard, M.W.; Kahana, M.J. (1999). "Contextual variability and serial position effects in free recall". Journal of Experimental ... Dudai, Yadin (2002). Memory from A to Z: Keywords, concepts, and beyond. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. ... Foerde, K.; Poldrack, R.A. (2009). Procedural learning in humans. The New Encyclopedia of Neuroscience. 7. pp. 1083-1091. doi: ...
The Guild (web series)
Zaboo, learning of this, persuades Vork and Bladezz to go to Codex's party to try to stop it. Vork discovers that Clara has ... "The Net's Best Serial Shows". Rolling Stone Magazine. "How The Guild beat Hollywood, one webisode at a time". National Museum ... When talking, Zaboo often uses "-'d" after some key word or expression, self-commenting on what he just said (e.g. bladder'd, ... At first she was thrilled to meet Codex, another girl gamer, until after she learned that Codex was an MMORPG player, the two ...
Thompson Learning. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-495-00758-6. .. *^ McGoldrick, Monica; Giordano, Joseph; Garcia-Preto, Nydia (18 August ... In this case, an individual has only one (official) partner during their lifetime or at any one time (i.e. serial monogamy).[37 ... keywords Economic Development, Foreign and Defense Policy, International Economics, Infographic by Olivier Ballou global trends ... In such a family, they argue, the young develop in a perverse relationship, wherein they learn to love the same person who ...
ევოლუცია - ვიკიპედია
2003) Keywords and Concepts in Evolutionary Developmental Biology. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. ISBN 0-674-00904-5 ... 227.0 227.1 Gavrilets, Sergey (October 2003). "Perspective: models of speciation: what have we learned in 40 years?". Evolution ... Nardon, Paul; Grenier, Anne-Marie (1991) "Serial Endosymbiosis Theory and Weevil Evolution: The Role of Symbiosis", Symbiosis ... Rice, William R.; Hostert, Ellen E. (December 1993). "Laboratory Experiments on Speciation: What Have We Learned in 40 Years ...
Comparison of e-book formats
"Musings and Marvels:Learning the ins and outs of the publishing industry. 2012-03-06. Archived from the original on 2012-04-13 ... It is based on the Mobipocket standard, with a slightly different serial number scheme (it uses an asterisk instead of a dollar ... The indexing is both for keywords and for full text search. DAISY - ANSI/NISO Z39.86. Format: DAISY ...
There are two separate link layers defined in the standard, which is suitable for data transfer over Ethernet & serial line ( ... Learn how and when to remove this template message) ... Keyword Protocol 2000. *Unified Diagnostic Services. *LIN. * ... This is completely compatible with IEC 60870-5-1 to IEC 60870-5-5 standards and uses standard asynchronous serial tele-control ...
Code can be automated to systematically queries with different keywords such as disease, year, organs, etc. A recent ...
Learn how and when to remove these template messages) This article relies too much on references to primary sources. Please ... keyword. For parallel and concurrent programming Clojure provides software transactional memory, a reactive agent ... A thread-safe generator of unique serial numbers (though, like many other Lisp dialects, Clojure has a built-in gensym. ... Unreliable citations may be challenged or deleted. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message) ...
Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message) ... keyword.. The first FORTRAN compiler reported diagnostic information by halting the program when an error was ... "Serial compilation and the 1401 FORTRAN compiler". IBM Systems Journal. 4 (1): 73-80. doi:10.1147/sj.41.0073.. This article ... Free-form source input, also with lowercase Fortran keywords. *Identifiers up to 31 characters in length (In the previous ...
علوم کتابداری و اطلاعرسانی - ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد
Åström, Fredrik (2002) Visualizing Library and Information Science concept spaces through keyword and citation based maps and ... Information literacy and learning 76%. *Library and society in a historical perspective (Library history) 66% ... Correspondingly, the distribution of top keywords' occurrences that leans heavily on core information science has shifted ...
Furthermore, industrial robots can have a serial or parallel architecture. Serial architectures a.k.a Serial manipulators are ... If the system is able to compile and upload native robot code to the robot controller, the user no longer has to learn each ... identified 61 robot-related deaths between 1992 and 2015 using keyword searches of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Census ... Each actuator must still move within its own degree of freedom, as for a serial robot; however in the parallel robot the off- ...
History of Eastern role-playing video games
Final Fantasy II also featured open-ended exploration, and had a dialogue system where keywords or phrases can be memorized and ... Fenlon, Wes (10 April 2017). "How Japan learned to love PC gaming again". "Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale". Steam Spy. ... building on Horii's previous work Portopia Serial Murder Case, but this time introducing a coming of age tale for Dragon Quest ... Neal Hallford & Jana Hallford (2001), Swords & circuitry: a designer's guide to computer role playing games, Cengage Learning, ...
Williams, Raymond (1976). Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society. Fontana. ISBN 978-0-00-633479-8. Engels, Frederick, ... Cengage Learning. pp. 125-127. ISBN 9781111305505. "Sweden, Great Britain, and France have mixed economies, sometimes referred ... Economic planning was conducted through serial Five-Year Plans. The emphasis was on development of heavy industry. The nation ... Sanders, Bernie (26 May 2013). What Can We Learn From Denmark? The Huffington Post. Retrieved 19 August 2013. Sasha Issenberg ( ...
Mars in fiction
The serial Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars shows Mars being inhabited by intelligent life. Queen Azura rules Mars and turns those ... Creatures from a dying Mars kidnap humans and take them to the planet so that the Martians can learn how to make nuclear ... 1-1&keywords=de+walden+a+gale The Martian Rebellion (2019) by D.I.Young, a science fiction war novel set in 2145. Mars has been ... At the end of the serial, the Clay Men are restored. Several episodes of Space Patrol, a 1962 puppet television series, dealt ...
Paul Martin (illustrator)
Keywords are sometimes inserted in parenthesis, right after the page no. Register of Deaths for the Village of Ossining, N.Y. ... General-interest magazines (mixture of entertainment, pictures, politics, serials, short stories and sports) were once very ... and my mind naturally turned to her immediately when I learned of the competition." His drawings also ended up on Gerlach ... Path: HistoryNebraska.gov>Collections>Collections Search>Keyword Search. Enter: "Silent Hostess." Mags, 1930: Silent Hostess, ...
The earliest cowboys in Texas learned their trade, adapted their clothing, and took their jargon from the Mexican vaqueros or " ... ISBN 978-1-4129-9085-1. Newton, Michael; French, John L. (2008). Serial Killers. New York: Chelsea House Publishers. p. 25. ... Contested Keywords, Northern Republicans, and the Forgotten Reconstruction of Mormon Utah", Civil War History, (Sept 2010) 56#3 ...
Gaius Valerius Troucillus
Humanitas was "a keyword for late Republican elite self-definition"; it embraced a range of ideals including culture, ... Caesar explains his decision to send Troucillus to Ariovistus on linguistic grounds, saying that the Suebian king had learned ... are among the questions that cause scholars to find serial publication more likely, with the collected edition appearing as a ... "it is hard to avoid the feeling that if we had an independent report of the incident from the German side we should learn that ...
She wants to learn to play table tennis properly and sets out to earn a scholarship to Highgrove Private School because it has ... But Gemma does not know what the "something" is because the key word is missing. Heartache for Hannah - Hannah Littleton's ... The Tammy Trilogy - A trilogy of serials starring Tammy Thumbe. Her next door neighbour Bobby Brown is into chemistry, but ... So even though she is no longer ill, she never learned to read and write. She wants to keep this a secret from her new friends ...
Brain Sciences | Free Full-Text | Defining the Parameters of Incidental Learning on a Serial Reaction Time (SRT) Task: Do...
... to single-task sequence learning on some variant of a Serial Reaction Time (SRT), usually adopting an auditory tone counting ... Studies generally measure explicit process contributions to incidental learning by comparing dual- ... There is ongoing debate about the contribution of explicit processes to incidental learning, particularly attention, working ... Keywords: incidental; implicit; Serial Reaction Time (SRT); explicit; learning incidental; implicit; Serial Reaction Time (SRT) ...
Sequential Motor Behavior and the Basal Ganglia | SpringerLink
Keywords. Basal Ganglion Globus Pallidus Sequence Learning Serial Reaction Time Task Sequence Knowledge These keywords were ... Smith, J., Siegert, R.J., McDowall, J., and Abernethy, D., 2001, Preserved implicit learning on both the serial reaction time ... This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves. ... development of an animal analog of the human serial reaction time task, Learn Mem. 11:720-723.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar ...
Serial Synchrotron X-Ray Crystallography (SSX) | SpringerLink
Advances in Cognitive Psychology
Keywords: prediction, consciousness, dynamics, implicit learning, statistical learning, serial reaction time, computer-mouse ... Keywords: implicit learning, attention, serial reaction time task, random number generation task, tone counting task ... Keywords: sequence learning, neural systems, hippocampus, basal ganglia, serial reaction time task, artificial grammar task ... Keywords: sequence learning, explicit sequence knowledge, sequence detection, serial reaction time task, reportable knowledge, ...
Frontiers | Learning of bimanual motor sequences in normal aging | Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience
Healthy young and old individuals performed a bimanual version of the classic serial reaction time task. We found no learning ... Healthy young and old individuals performed a bimanual version of the classic serial reaction time task. We found no learning ... We also observed that learning in both groups was associated with an overall decrease in response time, but switch cost, the ... We also observed that learning in both groups was associated with an overall decrease in response time, but switch cost, the ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Search Results - Full View
... and serial digit learning. As the 2,4-dichlorophenol, 2,5-dichlorophenol, and the pentachlorophenol concentrations increased, ... Keywords. Metabolites; Urinalysis; Pesticides; Neurological-system; Nervous-system-function; Neuromotor-function; Neuromuscular ... performance on the serial digit learning test improved. As the 2,5-dichlorophenol concentration increased, performance on the ...
Automated quantification of cerebral edema following hemispheric infarction: Application of a machine-learning algorithm to...
T2 - Application of a machine-learning algorithm to evaluate CSF shifts on serial head CTs ... keywords = "Active contour, Cerebral edema, CSF segmentation, Ischemic stroke CT, Mass effect, Random forest", ... Application of a machine-learning algorithm to evaluate CSF shifts on serial head CTs. NeuroImage: Clinical, 12, 673-680. https ... Application of a machine-learning algorithm to evaluate CSF shifts on serial head CTs, NeuroImage: Clinical, vol. 12, pp. 673- ...
Serial electrocardiography to detect newly emerging or aggravating cardiac pathology: a deep-learning approach | BioMedical...
We developed a novel deep-learning method for serial ECG analysis and tested its performance in detection of heart failure in ... Core of the method is the repeated structuring and learning procedure that, when fed with 13 serial ECG difference features ( ... Here, we present a novel algorithm to construct dedicated deep-learning neural networks (NNs) that are specialized in detecting ... Our method was successful in two different clinical serial ECG applications. Further studies will investigate if other problem- ...
Frontiers | Reduced procedural motor learning in deaf individuals | Frontiers in Human Neuroscience
The aim of the present study was to investigate the procedural learning skills of deaf adults. A serial reaction-time task ( ... The aim of the present study was to investigate the procedural learning skills of deaf adults. A serial reaction-time task ( ... Non-specific and sequence-specific learning was analyzed in relation to individual features related to the hearing loss. The ... Non-specific and sequence-specific learning was analyzed in relation to individual features related to the hearing loss. The ...
Neural Networks :: DNA Learning Center
Machine Learning and Hematopathology - Transcript and Audio
... and the keyword here is "serial"- creatinine and urine outputs. So as you can tell, because its serial creatinine and urine ... machine learning and human learning. In humans, we learn from touch, feel, smell. And in machine learning, the same things the ... Machine learning gets really separated into supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning. Reinforcement learning is not ... No machine learning expertise is needed. Its basically your machine learning pseudo group or your virtual group in a package. ...
Neural Correlates of Visuomotor Learning in Autism
The Serial Reaction Time Task, a well-established visuomotor sequence learning probe, has produced inconsistent behavioral ... Keywords: autism; motor learning; procedural learning. © The Author(s) 2015. Publication types * Research Support, N.I.H., ... The Serial Reaction Time Task, a well-established visuomotor sequence learning probe, has produced inconsistent behavioral ... Neural Correlates of Visuomotor Learning in Autism J Child Neurol. 2015 Dec;30(14):1877-86. doi: 10.1177/0883073815600869. Epub ...
Implicit Motor Learning after Unilateral Stroke Using Serial Reaction Time Task
Methods: A serial reaction time task by using a software was applied for studying implicit motor learning in 15 stroke patients ... Conclusion: Similar motor learning (defined as stable decrease of block times) in stroke patients and normal subjects shows the ... This study aimed at studying implicit learning in unilateral stroke patients using affected hand and comparison with normal ... capability of stroke patients in implicit motor learning during using the affected hand and this is not affected by age, sex ...
Motor learning by observation: evidence from a serial reaction time task. - Oxford Neuroscience
... observation results in as much sequence learning as task practice when learning is measured by reaction times (RTs) and more ... In two experiments, observer subjects watched the experimenter performing a serial reaction time (SRT) task with a six-item ... a type of learning in which observation of the skilled performance of another person not only facilitates motor skill ... than task practice when sequence learning is measured by free generation performance (Experiment 2, Part 1); and (3) sequence ...
YEUNGNAM UNIVERSITY: Evidence of Neuromuscular Adaptation According to Motor Sequential Learning in the Serial Reaction Time...
Keywords. TARGET-ACQUISITION TASK; SKILL ACQUISITION; TORQUE PRODUCTION; VISUO-MOTOR; SHORT-TERM; PERFORMANCE; ACTIVATION; ... Evidence of Neuromuscular Adaptation According to Motor Sequential Learning in the Serial Reaction Time Task. Author(s). 장성호; ... Evidence of Neuromuscular Adaptation According to Motor Sequential Learning in the Serial Reaction Time Task ... Purpose] The aim of the current study was to investigate whether or not motor sequential learning leads a reduction in the ...
Experience-guided attention: Uniform and implicit | Springer for Research & Development
Keywords. Spatial attention Location probability learning Implicit learning Visual field effects Significance. The modern world ... Participants performed a serial search task. Unbeknownst to them, the target was disproportionately likely to appear in one ... made between implicit learning and implicit memory. Implicit learning can produce explicit knowledge, and explicitly-learned ... Learning where important signs are most likely to appear can be a matter of life and death. Is such learning uniform across the ...
Stimulus-response compatibility and sequential learning in the serial reaction time task :: MPG.PuRe
Stimulus-response compatibility and sequential learning in the serial reaction time task ... Stimulus-response compatibility and sequential learning in the serial reaction time task Hoffmann, J., & Koch, I. (1997). ... learning in the serial reaction time task. Psychological Research/Psychologische Forschung, 60, 87-97. ... Free keywords: - Abstract: Details show. hide Language(s): eng - English Dates: Published in Print: 1997 ...
Basic Techniques for Lower Extremity Rehabilitation in Poliomyelitis Patients
More News: Disability , General Medicine , Learning , Middle East Health , Physical Therapy , Plaster Casting , Polio , ... Withappropriate surgical releases and serial casts, major deformities can be corrected. With the useof crutches and braces, the ... be maintained toprevent recurrence of deformity.KEYWORDS Poliomyelitis/rehabilitation Poliomyelitis/surgery Crutches Plaster ... patient can learn to move about freely. It is vital to the successfulrehabilitation of the patient that follow-up, through the ...
Pharmaceuticals | Free Full-Text | HFE Related Hemochromatosis: Uncovering the Inextricable Link between Iron Homeostasis and...
Learning: A Brief Historical Sequence Where the Improbable Led to Discovery. In 1975 it was improbable to think that HLA could ... Keywords: hemochromatosis; HFE; natural history; T lymphocytes; MHC; CD8+ T cells; prevention hemochromatosis; HFE; natural ... We report a 20 year follow-up during which the three boys were seen yearly with serial determinations of iron parameters and ... In the present paper, under "learning", we briefly review the evidence sustaining the importance of immunology in HFE-related ...
Synergetic Computers and Cognition | Springer for Research & Development
Keywords. Neuro computers Parallel computers Puls-Coupled Neural Networks Stereo Stereopsis Synergetic Computer Synergetics ... A complete and rigorous theory of pattern recognition and learning is presented. The resulting algorithm can be implemented on ... serial computers or realized by fully parallel nets whereby no spurious states occur. Explicit examples (recognition of faces ...
A Learning Process Which Improves Symmetry in the Dynamics of Thoracic Rotation: A New Hope for the Amelioration of Motor...
It proposes a learning process to recalibrate the neuromuscular system. The treatment is based on classical conditioning in ... Keywords:. Spherical Coordinate System, Size Scaling, Serial Reaction Time, Motor Sequence Learning, Limb Impedance, ... enabling incidental sequence learning (ISL) to occur, this is a characteristic of a serial reaction time (SRT) task (Rünger & ... Verbal report is stated as the most sensitive test for conscious sequence knowledge defining sequence learning in a serial ...
BDNF Val66Met polymorphism is associated with abnormal interhemispheric transfer of a newly acquired motor skill. - PubMed -...
KEYWORDS: brain-derived neurotrophic factor; interhemispheric transfer; motor learning; serial reaction time task; transcranial ... serial reaction time task) designed to study sequence-specific learning of the right hand and sequence-specific transfer from ... Behavioral results showed a motor learning effect that persisted for at least a week and task-related increases in ... These data suggest a limited impact of Val66Met polymorphism on the learning and retention of a complex motor skill and its ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Search Results - Full View
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 20042848 - Associations between cadmium exposure and neurocognitive test scores in a cross...
... the Serial Digit Learning Test (SDLT) trials-to-criterion, and the SDLT total-error-score (SDLT-tests: learning recall/short- ... Keywords. Cadmium-compounds; Neurological-reactions; Neurological-system; Humans; Employee-exposure; Mental-processes; ... Author Keywords: Cadmium; Neurocognitive; Neuropsychological; NES2; NHANES; Attention; Smoking; Metals; Aging; Cognitive ...
Mice lacking 5-ht7 receptors show specific impairments in contextual learning
International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) * 0953-816X Digital Object Identifier (DOI) * 10.1111/j.1460.9568.2004.03288.x ... keywords * fear conditioning * knockout * learning and memory * long-term potentiation * serotonin receptor ... We here report that lack of 5-HT(7) receptors leads to a specific learning deficit that is not due to general sensory or ... The knockout mice show impaired contextual fear conditioning but no significant deficits in motor and spatial learning or cued ...
Is It Clean or Just Unseen? Dirty Water and the Naked Eye
Learning Objectives. At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to successfully perform serial dilutions as ... Keywords. Contamination, Serial Dilution, Turbidity, Microorganism, Bacterial Cell Count. All K-12 Lesson Plans ... In this experiment, serial dilution of a contaminated water source is examined for turbidity and bacterial cell count. Because ...
Temporal alignment of anticipatory motor cortical beta lateralisation in hidden visual-motor sequences. - Wellcome Centre for...
long intervals within the repeated (learned) sequence. Our findings suggest that learning of spatial-temporal structure leads ... We used MEG to investigate spatial and temporal anticipatory neural dynamics in a modified serial reaction time (SRT) task. ... Whereas most sequence-learning studies have emphasised spatial structure, most sequences also contain a prominent temporal ... This effect was found both when comparing between repeated (learned) and new (unlearned) sequences, as well as when comparing ...
4 Series MSO Advanced Built-in Functions | Tektronix
Learn how to use spectrum analysis tools for easy, effective ... Learn how to use spectrum analysis tools for easy, effective ... See serial bus decoding, the built-in arbitrary/function generator, and power supply analysis in action. ... User ForumFAQSContact Technical SupportLearning CenterYoutube Support VideosSupport Center ... 3D Sensing and Image CharacterizationAdvanced ResearchAutomotiveEMI/EMC TestingEducation and Teaching LabsHigh Speed Serial ...
Electrophysiological correlates of motor sequence learning | BMC Neuroscience | Full Text
Keywords. Event-related potentials (ERPs)Error-related Negativity (ERN)Cognitive controlMotor learningSerial reaction time task ... A: For the first four learning block (S1-4). B: For the last four learning blocks (S7-10). C: For all learning blocks (S1-10). ... estimated at Cz and FCz for the first four learning blocks (S1-4), the last four learning blocks (S7-10) and all learning ... P3 waveforms estimated at Pz for the first four learning blocks (S1-4), the last four learning blocks (S7-10) and all learning ...
Factors affecting Learning
Serial position effects Serial position effects result from the particular placement of an item within a list. Memory is better ... Four well-known mnemonic methods are the place method, the link method, the peg method and the keyword method.. Abstraction ... Factors affecting Learning Instructional Design is largely affected by how a user learns: Meaningfulness effect Highly ... Positive transfer occurs when previous learning makes new learning easier. Negative transfer occurs when it makes the new ...
ReactionImplicitISSNFindingsProcedural motorZebra finchTaskCognitiveNeural networksAlgorithmDeficitsSpatialSequentialCognitionDigitExperimentalComputed tomographyTasksWorking memoryHumansSequence-specificTumorLessons learnedSearchPerformanceStimulus-responseHippocampusObservationalTemporalTheoryDeficitStatistical2018RapidVisuomotorDifferencesMethodsEvaluateParadigmMotor skillPapersPracticeSequencesBehavioralTypeFunctionalExperiment2000OrderCentreStudy was to investigateIncidental
- Defining the Parameters of Incidental Learning on a Serial Reaction Time (SRT) Task: Do Conscious Rules Apply? (mdpi.com)
- Studies generally measure explicit process contributions to incidental learning by comparing dual- to single-task sequence learning on some variant of a Serial Reaction Time (SRT), usually adopting an auditory tone counting task as the secondary task/memory load. (mdpi.com)
- Christie, M.A., and Hersch, S.M., 2004, Demonstration of nondeclarative sequence learning in mice: development of an animal analog of the human serial reaction time task, Learn Mem . (springer.com)
- Healthy young and old individuals performed a bimanual version of the classic serial reaction time task. (frontiersin.org)
- The 3 neurobehavioral tests included in the survey were simple reaction time, symbol-digit substitution, and serial digit learning. (cdc.gov)
- A serial reaction-time task (SRTT) was performed by 18 deaf subjects and 18 matched controls to investigate possible motor alteration subsequent to auditory deprivation. (frontiersin.org)
- The Serial Reaction Time Task, a well-established visuomotor sequence learning probe, has produced inconsistent behavioral findings in individuals with autism. (nih.gov)
- Neural activity differences were assessed using functional magnetic resonance imaging during a modified version of the Serial Reaction Time Task in children with and without autism. (nih.gov)
- Location probability learning (LPL) was measured as the difference in reaction time to targets in the high-probability "rich" quadrant and the low-probability "sparse" quadrants. (springer.com)
- Implicit Motor Learning after Unilateral Stroke Using Serial Reaction Time Task', Journal of Kerman University of Medical Sciences , 15(3), pp. 207-216. (ac.ir)
- Methods: A serial reaction time task by using a software was applied for studying implicit motor learning in 15 stroke patients and 15 matched normal subjects. (ac.ir)
- Motor learning by observation: evidence from a serial reaction time task. (ox.ac.uk)
- In two experiments, observer subjects watched the experimenter performing a serial reaction time (SRT) task with a six-item unique sequence before sequence knowledge was assessed by response time and/or free generation measures. (ox.ac.uk)
- Purpose] The aim of the current study was to investigate whether or not motor sequential learning leads a reduction in the temporal processing in terms of the onset of muscle activation and movement initiation as well as final motor response in a serial reaction time (SRT) task. (yu.ac.kr)
- During each visit, excitability of the motor cortex was measured by transcranial magnetic stimulations (TMS) before and after performance of a procedural motor learning task (serial reaction time task) designed to study sequence-specific learning of the right hand and sequence-specific transfer from the right to the left hand. (cdc.gov)
- There were four outcome measures: the Simple Reaction Time Test (SRTT: visual motor speed), the Symbol Digit Substitution Test (SDST: attention/perception), the Serial Digit Learning Test (SDLT) trials-to-criterion, and the SDLT total-error-score (SDLT-tests: learning recall/short-term memory). (cdc.gov)
- We used MEG to investigate spatial and temporal anticipatory neural dynamics in a modified serial reaction time (SRT) task. (ox.ac.uk)
- As previous studies showed a modulation of the ERN amplitude throughout the execution of a learning task, this study aims to follow the ERN amplitude changes from early to late learning blocks in relation with concomitant motor sequence learning using a serial reaction time (SRT) task. (biomedcentral.com)
- In the final experiment (serial reaction time task) the monkeys response times on a repeating visuomotor sequence were compared with those for a pseudo-random control sequence. (ox.ac.uk)
- For this purpose, we investigated performance of OA (n = 26) and YA (n = 26) in a bimanual serial reaction time task (B-SRTT), on two experimental sessions, separated by 1 week. (mpg.de)
- Neurobehavioral functions were assessed by CDC-recommended tests-simple reaction time (SRT), symbol digit substitution test (SDST), and serial digit learning test (SDLT). (theijoem.com)
- We conducted meta-analyses on evidence from the five procedural learning tasks that have most commonly been used to test the theory: the serial reaction time, Hebb learning, artificial grammar and statistical learning, and the weather prediction tasks. (triplesr.org)
- We found that studies using the serial reaction time and Hebb learning tasks yielded small deficits in language impaired compared with typically developing controls (g = -0.30 and -0.32 respectively). (triplesr.org)
- However, the serial reaction time task was not a reliable correlate of language abilities in unselected samples (r = 0.03). (triplesr.org)
- Nissen and Bullemer (1987) developed the serial reaction time (SRT) task to measure attention in humans. (uwindsor.ca)
- However, this study did not find significant results to indicate that exposure of paraquat with or without a neuroprotective agent, WS-CoQ10 affected serial reaction performance. (uwindsor.ca)
- The battery consists of the five-choice serial reaction time task and a novel rodent continuous performance task for measuring attention, a three-stimulus visual reversal and the serial visual reversal task for measuring cognitive flexibility, novel non-matching to sample-based tasks for measuring spatial working memory and paired-associates learning for measuring long-term memory. (open.ac.uk)
- Two frequently used tests, four choice serial reaction time (4CH) and unprepared simple reaction time (USRT), were completely redesigned. (cdc.gov)
- Handbook of Implicit Learning , M.A. Stadler and P.A. Frensch, eds. (springer.com)
- Implicit learning induces visual-field-independent changes in spatial attention. (springer.com)
- Here, drawing data from 420 participants tested in the last 7 years in our lab, we showed that location probability learning is both uniform and implicit. (springer.com)
- The findings provide the most compelling evidence, to date, that implicit learning induces visual field-independent changes in spatial attention. (springer.com)
- Is learning implicit? (springer.com)
- This study aimed at studying implicit learning in unilateral stroke patients using affected hand and comparison with normal subjects. (ac.ir)
- Conclusion: Similar motor learning (defined as stable decrease of block times) in stroke patients and normal subjects shows the capability of stroke patients in implicit motor learning during using the affected hand and this is not affected by age, sex and educational level. (ac.ir)
- Use the facets to input your search criteria or the text field to search by title, keyword, ISBN, ISSN or series number. (iaea.org)
- We argue that a more recent theory, dissociating multidimensional versus unidimensional neural systems, might provide such framework, and we discuss this theory in relation to more general principles of associative learning and recent imaging findings. (ac-psych.org)
- In contrast to tasks that require learning to adapt motor output in response to novel movement conditions, findings about how aging impacts the learning of skilled sequential actions, as might be required for tasks like typing or playing the clarinet, are mixed. (frontiersin.org)
- The findings implicate differences in brain mechanisms that support initial sequence learning in autism and can help explain behavioral observations of autism-associated impairments in skill development (motor, social, communicative) reliant on visuomotor integration. (nih.gov)
- Our findings suggest that learning of spatial-temporal structure leads to proactive and dynamic modulation of motor cortical excitability in anticipation of both the location and timing of events that are relevant to guide action. (ox.ac.uk)
- Findings from the present study suggest that the ERN amplitude changes from early to late learning blocks occurring over the course of the SRT task, as opposed to the averaged ERN amplitude from all learning blocks, is more closely associated with learning of a motor sequence. (biomedcentral.com)
- These findings propose an improved electrophysiological marker to index change in cognitive control efficiency during motor sequence learning. (biomedcentral.com)
- This battery will identify behavioral changes characteristic of early-, middle- and late-stage AD, afford the potential to relate the findings to theoretical constructs of cognition, and evaluate learning capabilities not previously studied in rodent models of neurodegenerative disorders. (elsevier.com)
- The findings indicate that firms with serial cross-border M&As achieve better performance than those engaged in first-time cross-border M&As, and those with horizontal M&As perform better than those carrying out vertical M&As. (lboro.ac.uk)
- While it is well accepted that motor performance declines with age, the ability to learn simple procedural motor tasks appears to remain intact to some extent in normal aging. (frontiersin.org)
- In the most commonly studied species, the zebra finch, songs are learned by young males from their fathers or other male tutors. (beds.ac.uk)
- In the present study secondary Visual and Verbal, memory tasks were temporally synchronous and spatially embedded with the primary SRT task for Visual and Verbal dual-task conditions and temporally synchronous but spatially displaced for Visual-Spatial and Verbal-Spatial Above/Below conditions, to investigate modality specific contributions of visual, verbal and spatial memory to incidental and explicit sequence learning. (mdpi.com)
- percentage accuracy scores on secondary tasks followed a significant corresponding pattern suggesting an explicit learning/secondary memory task trade-off as memory demands of tasks increased across condition. (mdpi.com)
- Participants performed a serial search task. (springer.com)
- Behavioral results showed a motor learning effect that persisted for at least a week and task-related increases in corticospinal excitability identical for both sessions and without distinction for genetic group. (cdc.gov)
- The SRT task consists of series of stimulus-response pairs and involves motor learning of a repeating sequence. (biomedcentral.com)
- Mean ERN amplitude difference between the first four learning blocks and the last four learning blocks of the SRT task correlated significantly with motor sequence learning as well as with overall response time improvement, such that those participants whose ERN amplitude most increased through learning blocks were also those who exhibited most SRT task improvements. (biomedcentral.com)
- We trained monkeys to perform both a visuomotor conditional associative learning task and a visually guided sequence task, and studied the effects of bilateral excitotoxic lesions in the lateral cerebellar nuclei. (ox.ac.uk)
- In the first experiment three operated monkeys showed a small impairment in post-operative retention of a visuomotor associative task (A) but were then not impaired in learning a new task (B). However, the impairment on A could have been due to a problem in making the movements themselves. (ox.ac.uk)
- After bilateral nuclei lesions they were slow to execute the pre-operatively learned sequence but were still faster on this than on the control task. (ox.ac.uk)
- We assessed the effect of a 90-min day-time nap on learning a motor timing task, using 2 adaptations of a serial interception sequence learning (SISL) task. (eur.nl)
- We acquired BOLD fMRI signal during explicit motor sequence learning task to characterize the adaptive functional changes in the early phase of motor learning. (ox.ac.uk)
- Larger group deficits were found in studies using artificial grammar and statistical learning tasks (g = -0.48) and the weather prediction task (g = -0.63). (triplesr.org)
- Here, we introduce a practical and effective training method that utilizes priming of stimulus identity to facilitate learning in the absence of a task. (arvojournals.org)
- The observer had no task, but rather was asked to attend to each trial and learn the known target letter with the option of repeating the same trigram stimulus for as many times as needed (averaged 0.4 times). (arvojournals.org)
- Interestingly, in our previous study [ 11 ], where both blind and sighted subjects were asked to learn new paths in a human-size labyrinth (i.e. route learning task), most subjects anecdotally reported using a 'response learners' strategy where they attempted to sequentially recall the series of right and left turns that were required to properly follow the taught route. (biomedcentral.com)
- In fact, Heuer and Hegele (2008) suggested that any observed differences between young and older adults in such motor learning tasks could be explained by differences in cognitive factors rather than the capacity for learning itself. (frontiersin.org)
- Major cognitive operations such as language, memory, thinking, learning, perception and attention are all produced by serial and parallel networks of several brain regions. (dnalc.org)
- With regard to cognitive computing and machine-learning (ML)-based decision-support tools, there is an emerging need for ethical reasoning about Big Data beyond privacy [ 1 , 2 , 3 ]. (intechopen.com)
- it is implicated in arousal, learning, and other cognitive functions. (open.ac.uk)
- Using VPs has a number of advantages: 1) VPs improve access to learning material, 2) VPs help learners to acquire higher order cognitive skills like strategic thinking and decision making, 3) VPs provide a safe environment to practice, 4) VPs help to teach interdisciplinary care, and 5) VPs can be used instead of patients for examination. (dovepress.com)
- Currently, her research is focused on screen translation, with particular emphasis on the function of subtitling in language learning and the analysis of students' feedback within a cognitive perspective. (jostrans.org)
- Here, we present a novel algorithm to construct dedicated deep-learning neural networks (NNs) that are specialized in detecting newly emerging or aggravating existing cardiac pathology in serial ECGs. (biomedcentral.com)
- This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves. (springer.com)
- The resulting algorithm can be implemented on serial computers or realized by fully parallel nets whereby no spurious states occur. (springer.com)
- Images of a HeLa cancer cell were semantically segmented with one traditional image-processing algorithm and four three deep learning architectures: VGG16, ResNet18, Inception-ResNet-v2, and U-Net. (crick.ac.uk)
- The authors then used serial imaging data to determine whether tumor growth and regression kinetics were sufficient for a support vector machine (SVM) learning algorithm to distinguish an oncogene-addicted genotype. (aacrjournals.org)
- We here report that lack of 5-HT(7) receptors leads to a specific learning deficit that is not due to general sensory or behavioural deficits. (scripps.edu)
- The knockout mice show impaired contextual fear conditioning but no significant deficits in motor and spatial learning or cued and operant conditioning. (scripps.edu)
- Flies with a mutation at this locus exhibit severe deficits in learning and memory. (scripps.edu)
- These results provide novel evidence that bimanual motor skill learning is capable of reducing age-related deficits in hand switch costs, a finding that might have important implications to prevent the age-related decline in sensorimotor function. (mpg.de)
- Consistent spatial distribution of important stimuli allows for learning of the probable locations of those stimuli. (springer.com)
- Whereas most sequence-learning studies have emphasised spatial structure, most sequences also contain a prominent temporal structure. (ox.ac.uk)
- Performance and brain activity were compared between blocks with learned spatial-temporal sequences and blocks with new sequences. (ox.ac.uk)
- In the pre-test, we measured reading speeds using Rapid Serial Visual Presentation, visual-span profile (letter-recognition accuracy as a function of letter position) with trigrams (strings of three random letters), the spatial extent of crowding (letter separations yielding 80% recognition accuracy for the middle letters of trigrams), and isolated-letter recognition performance. (arvojournals.org)
- Given the importance of vision and visual cues for spatial navigation and wayfinding, the absence of the visual modality raises questions on not only the ability to navigate in one's environment without vision but also on the anatomical and functional consequences to the brain structures involved in such learning. (biomedcentral.com)
- Barlow RL, Alsiö J, Jupp B, Rabinovich R, Shrestha S, Roberts AC, Robbins TW, Dalley JW (2015) , "Markers of Serotonergic Function in the Orbitofrontal Cortex and Dorsal Raphé Nucleus Predict Individual Variation in Spatial-Discrimination Serial Reversal Learning. (cam.ac.uk)
- While such enhanced skill learning relative to young individuals has not been demonstrated in a bimanual context, some studies have demonstrated that older adults are capable of learning bimanual sequential actions at least as well as young adults. (frontiersin.org)
- As of yet, the ability to learn complex sequential motor patterns has not been explored in deaf populations. (frontiersin.org)
- Results] Following motor sequential learning, the temporal processing between the visual stimuli and each of three predetermined onsets were significantly declined. (yu.ac.kr)
- Conclusion] The reduction in the total process to final motor response resulting from motor sequential learning may be attributed to rapid onset of muscle activation and movement initiation. (yu.ac.kr)
- Furthermore, neuromuscular adaptation played an important role in accomplishing rapid temporal processing after motor sequential learning. (yu.ac.kr)
- In the current study, paraquat (PQ)-induced Parkinson's disease (PD) model in Long-Evans hooded rats was used to examine the rats' sequential learning. (uwindsor.ca)
- The cerebellum and cognition: cerebellar lesions impair sequence learning but not conditional visuomotor learning in monkeys. (ox.ac.uk)
- Sociodemographic data form, Wisconsin Card Sorting Test, Stroop Test, Verbal and Nonverbal Cancellation Test, Rey Auditory Verbal learning test, Serial Digit learning Test, Rey Complex Figure Test were applied to both study groups. (ulakbim.gov.tr)
- It conveys some general results of an experimental teaching and learning project which is being carried out at Pavia University in collaboration with a group of 15 students of English as a foreign language. (jostrans.org)
- Careful examination of the results is compared with theoretical and experimental literature on screen translation, memory tests and language learning, in order to evaluate the effectiveness of multimedia subtitled learning tools and to improve teaching methodology and techniques. (jostrans.org)
- She persuaded the BBC to allow her to produce two experimental serials for their schools programme Merry-Go-Round. (wikipedia.org)
- We recently demonstrated that reduction in intracranial cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) volume (∆ CSF) on serial computed tomography (CT) scans provides an accurate measure of cerebral edema severity, which may aid in early triaging of stroke patients for craniectomy. (elsevier.com)
- 1) Is there evidence for a deficit on procedural learning tasks in children with developmental language disorder or developmental dyslexia and are equivalent relationships found in correlational studies that examine samples representing the whole range of language or reading ability? (triplesr.org)
- The test battery was composed of an expressive vocabulary test, phonological awareness and rapid serial naming tasks, words and pseudowords spelling, and written text composition using a visual stimulus as a starting point. (scielo.br)
- There is ongoing debate about the contribution of explicit processes to incidental learning, particularly attention, working memory and control mechanisms. (mdpi.com)
- Incidental learning boundary conditions are unlikely to substantially comprise working memory processes. (mdpi.com)
- They then performed serial behavioral tests on the mice, including Y-maze test (to assess working memory), rotarod test (motor function and learning), and contextual and cued fear condition test (fear learning and memory). (eurekalert.org)
- However, there is a difference between the circumstances under which prediction suppression has been demonstrated-presentation of two images in sequence-and circumstances under which statistical learning is studied in humans-presentation of long strings of images. (jneurosci.org)
- Non-specific and sequence-specific learning was analyzed in relation to individual features related to the hearing loss. (frontiersin.org)
- The results revealed significant differences between groups in sequence-specific learning, with deaf subjects being less efficient than controls in acquiring sequence-specific knowledge. (frontiersin.org)
- Learning was computed as the difference in mean response time between the last sequence block and the last random blocks that immediately follows it (sequence-specific learning). (biomedcentral.com)
- In contrast, neither sequence-specific learning nor overall response time improvement across learning blocks were found to be related to averaged ERN amplitude from all learning blocks. (biomedcentral.com)
- However, sequence specific learning was more pronounced in YA as compared to OA. (mpg.de)
- Through serial blood biopsies, tumor DNA can be analyzed over time as the cancer evolves and develops resistance. (eurekalert.org)
- The purpose of this study is to further advance the ability to practice personalized medicine by learning which new drug agents are most effective with which types of breast cancer tumors and by learning more about which early indicators of response (tumor analysis prior to surgery via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) images along with tissue and blood samples) are predictors of treatment success. (swedish.org)
- Patients with metastatic colorectal cancer with good performance status or no liver metastasis could benefit from apatinib.Circulating tumor DNA abundance may be a predictor in serial monitoring of tumor load. (qxmd.com)
- Dan Herron, MD shares insights with Dana Telem, MD on lessons learned from COVID-19 Fear, anxiety and uncertainty has dominated the first half of 2020. (sages.org)
- Pooling data from multiple studies, here we examined location probability learning from ~120,000 visual search trials across 420 participants. (springer.com)
- Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP) is a paradigm that supports the application of cortically coupled computer vision to rapid image search. (dcu.ie)
- High performance search engine optimization is built on keyword research, and your keyword research is only as good as your process. (shopify.com)
- We developed a novel deep-learning method for serial ECG analysis and tested its performance in detection of heart failure in post-infarction patients, and in the detection of ischemia in patients who underwent elective percutaneous coronary intervention. (biomedcentral.com)
- This study sought evidence of observational motor learning, a type of learning in which observation of the skilled performance of another person not only facilitates motor skill acquisition but does so by contributing to the formation of effector-specific motor representations. (ox.ac.uk)
- Performance improves when participants respond to events that are structured in repeating sequences, suggesting that learning can lead to proactive anticipatory preparation. (ox.ac.uk)
- In the reinforcement learning theory [ 10 ], performance monitoring relies on the evaluation of the action outcome, that is either better or worse than expected. (biomedcentral.com)
- However, phonological awareness and rapid serial naming were only predictive of children's performance concerning the syntactic and grammatical structure of their written text productions. (scielo.br)
- The thesis further examines the impact of M&As on Chinese firms post-acquisition operating performance by integrating organisational learning theory with the institution-based view. (lboro.ac.uk)
- We conclude that the cerebellum is not essential for the learning or recall of stimulus-response associations but that it is crucially involved in the process by which motor sequences become automatic with extended practice. (ox.ac.uk)
- The results indicate an important role for the 5-HT(7) receptor in contextual hippocampal-dependent learning and suggest a possible neuronal correlate for such a role is present within the CA1 region of the hippocampus. (scripps.edu)
- In the hippocampus, where cholinergic involvement in learning and memory is particularly well documented, 7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits (7 nAChRs) are highly expressed, but their precise ultrastructural localization has not been determined. (open.ac.uk)
- Pathological Outcomes of Observational Learning ," Working papers 96-19, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics. (repec.org)
- Pathological Outcomes of Observational Learning ," Economics Papers 115, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford. (repec.org)
- Recently, growing attention has focused on the potential that machine-learning might automatically learn unjust or discriminatory, but unrecognized or undisclosed, patterns that are manifested in available observational data and the human processes that gave rise to them, and thereby inadvertently perpetuating and propagating injustices that are embodied in the historical data. (intechopen.com)
- Furthermore, no generally accepted standards yet exist for ascertaining the presence or absence of disparities in machine-learning (ML) models that have been learned from historical observational data. (intechopen.com)
- Children with autism demonstrated decreased activity in brain regions implicated in visuomotor sequence learning: superior temporal sulcus and posterior cingulate cortex. (nih.gov)
- Growing evidence suggests that sleep is important for procedural learning, but few studies have investigated the effect of sleep on the temporal aspects of motor skill learning. (eur.nl)
- More important, the temporal sequence did not benefit initial learning, because differences arose only after an offline period and specifically when this period contained sleep. (eur.nl)
- A complete and rigorous theory of pattern recognition and learning is presented. (springer.com)
- Dynamic Duopoly with Learning through Market Experimentation ," Economic Theory , Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(3), pages 517-539, July. (repec.org)
- A Theory of Learning with Heterogeneous Agents ," International Economic Review , Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(2), pages 303-323, May. (repec.org)
- Social learning in a changing world ," Economic Theory , Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 11(3), pages 657-665. (repec.org)
- We conclude that current data offer no convincing support for the theory that a generalized procedural learning deficit is a causal risk factor for developmental dyslexia or developmental language disorder. (triplesr.org)
- Treatment of motor disabilities, based on a learning process, demonstrates efficiency when the lower limbs' impedance is augmented (Diederichs, 2018) . (scirp.org)
- Utilizes two technologies: (1) Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP), and (2) Tachistoscopic Scroll Presentation. (tversoft.com)
- In RSVP, images are presented to participants in a rapid serial sequence which can evoke Event-related Potentials (ERPs) detectable in their Electroencephalogram (EEG). (dcu.ie)
- Rapid automatized naming: Dyslexia differentiated from other learning disabilities. (cogprints.org)
- Moreover, it remains unclear how underlying neural processes for visuomotor learning in children with autism compare to processes for typically developing children. (nih.gov)
- Though there was no group difference in visuomotor sequence learning, underlying patterns of neural activation significantly differed when comparing sequence (i.e., learning) to random (i.e., nonlearning) blocks. (nih.gov)
- However, the severity of language and decoding problems explained negligible amounts of the variation in group differences in procedural learning between studies. (triplesr.org)
- Although visual comparison of two ECGs is normally performed by cardiologists in order to evaluate the aggravation of a cardiac pathology, studies reporting systematic application of approaches specifically developed for serial ECG analysis are still quite sporadic. (biomedcentral.com)
- An optimal training paradigm should require little effort from patients to allow self-administration while providing efficient learning and prominent improvements. (arvojournals.org)
- These data suggest a limited impact of Val66Met polymorphism on the learning and retention of a complex motor skill and its associated changes in corticospinal excitability over time, and a possible modulation of the interhemispheric transfer of procedural learning. (cdc.gov)
- Learning from Neighbors ," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9549-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute. (repec.org)
- Dynamic duopoly with learning through market experimentation ," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9012, CEPREMAP. (repec.org)
- Dynamic Duopoly With Learning Through Market Experimentation ," DELTA Working Papers 90-13, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure). (repec.org)
- Rules of Thumb for Social Learning ," IDEI Working Papers 17, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse. (repec.org)
- Rules of Thumb for Social Learning ," Working papers 92-12, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics. (repec.org)
- Learning from Experts ," Working Papers 2008.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei. (repec.org)
- Social Learning in a Changing World ," ELSE working papers 010, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution. (repec.org)
- Social Learning in a Changing World ," Working papers 96-34, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics. (repec.org)
- Learning about Variable Demand in the Long Run ," Discussion Papers 1015, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science. (repec.org)
- Learning about Variable Demand in the Long Run ," CORE Discussion Papers 1993017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE). (repec.org)
- The download modern social work practice teaching and learning in is originally allow British electron for the something of time and motion that is primary to merge with both argued scenarios and the incoming Creator, managing that healthy massacre with facility patterns in the shift has current to the movies that they provide. (hude-tetik.de)
- They come Initial download modern social work practice teaching and learning in from the life-changing to the polymer, Consequently they are a European-wide plant( saccade of a epidemic) in the health of the science. (hude-tetik.de)
- The download modern social work practice teaching and learning in practice settings between my new effect and my causes for further importance advocates the suite the persistence used by this bias published into broader dimensions, for bar, a healing agonism in mental tests and different populations to focus ongoing significant devices and experiment the role of collaborations. (hude-tetik.de)
- This effect was found both when comparing between repeated (learned) and new (unlearned) sequences, as well as when comparing targets that were expected after short vs. long intervals within the repeated (learned) sequence. (ox.ac.uk)
- To investigate how inflammation is perceived as unpleasant and causes negative affect, we used a behavioral test in which mice avoid an environment that they have learned to associate with inflammation-induced discomfort. (diva-portal.org)
- One e-learning tool of note is the virtual patient (VP), a type of computer software that simulates real-life clinical scenarios, in which the learner emulates the role of health care provider to obtain the history, conduct examination, and make diagnoses and management decisions. (dovepress.com)
- Based on the analysis of publicly-available gene expression data from the developing mouse retina generated by serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE), this paper presents a predictive methodology comprising several in silico models for detecting key complex features and relationships encoded in the data, which may be useful to distinguish genes in terms of their functional roles. (biomedcentral.com)
- To demonstrate the usefulness of machine learning-based models in predicting functional associations from the SAGE data, three supervised classification models were compared. (biomedcentral.com)
- Model-free characterization of brain functional networks for motor sequence learning using fMRI. (ox.ac.uk)
- Language production and serial order: a functional analysis and a model. (cogprints.org)
- In this experiment, serial dilution of a contaminated water source is examined for turbidity and bacterial cell count. (asm.org)
- The use of preliminary didactic aids, together with the conscious involvement of students in the experiment, helps turn teaching and learning hours into entertainment hours. (jostrans.org)
- Three hundred slices, each 2000 × 2000 pixels, of a HeLa Cell were acquired with Serial Block Face Scanning Electron Microscopy. (crick.ac.uk)
- Several studies suggest that profound deafness may result in disturbances in non-auditory abilities related to serial order information (Knutson et al. (frontiersin.org)
- Free recall of lists is better when learners organize the items into categories rather than attempt to memorize the list in serial order. (gdrc.org)
- Bogaerts L, Szmalec A, De Maeyer M, Page M, Duyck W. The involvement of long-term serial-order memory in reading development: a longitudinal study. (ugent.be)
- On Brain Circuits of Words and Serial Order. (cogprints.org)
- All these aspects are in part language-dependent, and therefore must be learnt by children in order to become proficient native speakers and listeners. (cogprints.org)
- The double function of intralingual subtitles as accessibility and didactic aids is considered from a linguistic and cultural perspective, in order to highlight the importance of intralingual subtitled videos as language learning tools. (jostrans.org)
- At the Chinese University of Hong Kong, we have also developed a web-based VP authoring and player system called Formative Assessment Case Studies (FACS), which is run by our Teaching and Learning Resources Centre. (dovepress.com)
Study was to investigate1
- The aim of the present study was to investigate the procedural learning skills of deaf adults. (frontiersin.org)
- Incidental learning scores were not different as an effect of condition but explicit scores were. (mdpi.com)