Hawaii: A group of islands in Polynesia, in the north central Pacific Ocean, comprising eight major and 114 minor islands, largely volcanic and coral. Its capital is Honolulu. It was first reached by Polynesians about 500 A.D. It was discovered and named the Sandwich Islands in 1778 by Captain Cook. The islands were united under the rule of King Kamehameha 1795-1819 and requested annexation to the United States in 1893 when a provisional government was set up. Hawaii was established as a territory in 1900 and admitted as a state in 1959. The name is from the Polynesian Owhyhii, place of the gods, with reference to the two volcanoes Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, regarded as the abode of the gods. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p493 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p2330)Islands: Tracts of land completely surrounded by water.CpG Islands: Areas of increased density of the dinucleotide sequence cytosine--phosphate diester--guanine. They form stretches of DNA several hundred to several thousand base pairs long. In humans there are about 45,000 CpG islands, mostly found at the 5' ends of genes. They are unmethylated except for those on the inactive X chromosome and some associated with imprinted genes.Pacific Islands: The islands of the Pacific Ocean divided into MICRONESIA; MELANESIA; and POLYNESIA (including NEW ZEALAND). The collective name Oceania includes the aforenamed islands, adding AUSTRALIA; NEW ZEALAND; and the Malay Archipelago (INDONESIA). (Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p910, 880)Rhode IslandIndian Ocean Islands: Numerous islands in the Indian Ocean situated east of Madagascar, north to the Arabian Sea and east to Sri Lanka. Included are COMOROS (republic), MADAGASCAR (republic), Maldives (republic), MAURITIUS (parliamentary democracy), Pemba (administered by Tanzania), REUNION (a department of France), and SEYCHELLES (republic).Micronesia: The collective name for islands of the Pacific Ocean east of the Philippines, including the Mariana, PALAU, Caroline, Marshall, and Kiribati Islands. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p761 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p350)Asian Americans: Persons living in the United States having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent.JapanPhilippinesPolynesia: The collective name for the islands of the central Pacific Ocean, including the Austral Islands, Cook Islands, Easter Island, HAWAII; NEW ZEALAND; Phoenix Islands, PITCAIRN ISLAND; SAMOA; TONGA; Tuamotu Archipelago, Wake Island, and Wallis and Futuna Islands. Polynesians are of the Caucasoid race, but many are of mixed origin. Polynesia is from the Greek poly, many + nesos, island, with reference to the many islands in the group. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p966 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p426)Geography: The science dealing with the earth and its life, especially the description of land, sea, and air and the distribution of plant and animal life, including humanity and human industries with reference to the mutual relations of these elements. (From Webster, 3d ed)Prince Edward Island: An island in the Gulf of St. Lawrence constituting a province of Canada in the eastern part of the country. It is very irregular in shape with many deep inlets. Its capital is Charlottetown. Discovered by the French in 1534 and originally named Ile Saint-Jean, it was renamed in 1799 in honor of Prince Edward, fourth son of George III and future father of Queen Victoria. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p981 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p433)Mediterranean Islands: Scattered islands in the Mediterranean Sea. The chief islands are the Balearic Islands (belong to Spain; Majorca and Minorca are among these), Corsica (belongs to France), Crete (belongs to Greece), CYPRUS (a republic), the Cyclades, Dodecanese and Ionian Islands (belong to Greece), MALTA (a republic), Sardinia and SICILY (belong to Italy). (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p747)Oceanic Ancestry Group: Individuals whose ancestral origins are in the islands of the central and South Pacific, including Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, and traditionally Australasia.Malaria, Avian: Any of a group of infections of fowl caused by protozoa of the genera PLASMODIUM, Leucocytozoon, and Haemoproteus. The life cycles of these parasites and the disease produced bears strong resemblance to those observed in human malaria.American Samoa: A group of islands of SAMOA, in the southwest central Pacific. Its capital is Pago Pago. The islands were ruled by native chiefs until about 1869. An object of American interest beginning in 1839, Pago Pago and trading and extraterritorial rights were granted to the United States in 1878. The United States, Germany, and England administered the islands jointly 1889-99, but in 1899 they were granted to the United States by treaty. The Department of the Interior has administered American Samoa since 1951. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p44)United States Virgin Islands: A group of islands in the Lesser Antilles in the West Indies, the three main islands being St. Croix, St. Thomas, and St. John. The capital is Charlotte Amalie. Before 1917 the U.S. Virgin Islands were held by the Danish and called the Danish West Indies but the name was changed when the United States acquired them by purchase.Phylogeny: The relationships of groups of organisms as reflected by their genetic makeup.Melanesia: The collective name for the islands of the Pacific Ocean northeast of Australia, including NEW CALEDONIA; VANUATU; New Hebrides, Solomon Islands, Admiralty Islands, Bismarck Archipelago, FIJI, etc. Melanesia (from the Greek melas, black + nesos, island) is so called from the black color of the natives who are generally considered to be descended originally from the Negroid Papuans and the Polynesians or Malays. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p748 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p344)Guam: An island in Micronesia, east of the Philippines, the largest and southernmost of the Marianas. Its capital is Agana. It was discovered by Magellan in 1521 and occupied by Spain in 1565. They ceded it to the United States in 1898. It is an unincorporated territory of the United States, administered by the Department of the Interior since 1950. The derivation of the name Guam is in dispute. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p471)Independent State of Samoa: An island group and constitutional monarchy in the southwest central Pacific Ocean. The capital is Apia. The islands were jointly administered by England, the United States, and Germany 1889-99, with the chief islands of Savai'i and Upolu recognized as German until 1919. Western Samoa gained independence in 1962 and assumed its present formal name in 1997.DNA Methylation: Addition of methyl groups to DNA. DNA methyltransferases (DNA methylases) perform this reaction using S-ADENOSYLMETHIONINE as the methyl group donor.Molecular Sequence Data: Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.Silver: Silver. An element with the atomic symbol Ag, atomic number 47, and atomic weight 107.87. It is a soft metal that is used medically in surgical instruments, dental prostheses, and alloys. Long-continued use of silver salts can lead to a form of poisoning known as ARGYRIA.Holidays: Days commemorating events. Holidays also include vacation periods.Erbium: Erbium. An element of the rare earth family of metals. It has the atomic symbol Er, atomic number 68, and atomic weight 167.26.Hinduism: A complex body of social, cultural, and religious beliefs and practices evolved in and largely confined to the Indian subcontinent and marked by a caste system, an outlook tending to view all forms and theories as aspects of one eternal being and truth, and the practice of the way of works, the way of knowledge, or the way of devotion as a means of release from the round of rebirths. (From Webster, 3d ed)Anniversaries and Special Events: Occasions to commemorate an event or occasions designated for a specific purpose.Security Measures: Regulations to assure protection of property and equipment.ChicagoTravel: Aspects of health and disease related to travel.Carmovirus: A genus in the family TOMBUSVIRIDAE mostly found in temperate regions. Some species infecting legumes (FABACEAE) are reported from tropical areas. Most viruses are soil-borne, but some are transmitted by the fungus Olpidium radicale and others by beetles. Carnation mottle virus is the type species.Malvaceae: The mallow family of the order Malvales, subclass Dilleniidae, class Magnoliopsida. Members include GOSSYPIUM, okra (ABELMOSCHUS), HIBISCUS, and CACAO. The common names of hollyhock and mallow are used for several genera of Malvaceae.Rosales: An order of the ANGIOSPERMS, subclass Rosidae. Its members include some of the most known ornamental and edible plants of temperate zones including roses, apples, cherries, and peaches.Plant Extracts: Concentrated pharmaceutical preparations of plants obtained by removing active constituents with a suitable solvent, which is evaporated away, and adjusting the residue to a prescribed standard.Chenopodium quinoa: A species of the Chenopodium genus which is the source of edible seed called quinoa. It contains makisterone A and other STEROIDS, some having ECDYSTEROID activity on insects.RestaurantsDNA Sequence, Unstable: A region of DNA that is highly polymorphic and is prone to strand breaks, rearrangements or other MUTATIONS because of the nature of its sequence. These regions often harbor palindromic, or repetitive sequences (REPETITIVE SEQUENCES, NUCLEIC ACID). Variability in stability of the DNA sequence is seen at CHROMOSOME FRAGILE SITES.Menu PlanningBooksLeukocidins: Pore forming proteins originally discovered for toxic activity to LEUKOCYTES. They are EXOTOXINS produced by some pathogenic STAPHYLOCOCCUS and STREPTOCOCCUS that destroy leukocytes by lysis of the cytoplasmic granules and are partially responsible for the pathogenicity of the organisms.Food: Any substances taken in by the body that provide nourishment.Newspapers: Publications printed and distributed daily, weekly, or at some other regular and usually short interval, containing news, articles of opinion (as editorials and letters), features, advertising, and announcements of current interest. (Webster's 3d ed)Advertising as Topic: The act or practice of calling public attention to a product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers, magazines, on radio, or on television. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Recreation: Activity engaged in for pleasure.Autopsy: Postmortem examination of the body.Organic Agriculture: Systems of agriculture which adhere to nationally regulated standards that restrict the use of pesticides, non-organic fertilizers, genetic engineering, growth hormones, irradiation, antibiotics, and non-organic ANIMAL FEED.Golf: A game whose object is to sink a ball into each of 9 or 18 successive holes on a golf course using as few strokes as possible.Heliconiaceae: A plant family of the order ZINGIBERALES, subclass Zingiberidae, class Liliopsida.Ponds: Inland bodies of standing FRESHWATER usually smaller than LAKES. They can be man-made or natural but there is no universal agreement as to their exact size. Some consider a pond to be a small body of water that is shallow enough for sunlight to reach the bottom.Asarum: A plant genus of the family ARISTOLOCHIACEAE which was used medicinally by North American Indians. The common name of 'snakeroot' is also used for many other plants, including SANICULA; or ARISTOLOCHIA; or Polygala.Gardening: Cultivation of PLANTS; (FRUIT; VEGETABLES; MEDICINAL HERBS) on small plots of ground or in containers.
ISBN 978-1-55849-735-1. Oaks, Robert E (2003). Hawaii:: A History of the Big Island. Arcadia Publishing. p. 43. ISBN 978-0-7385 ... Rayson (1989). "Captain Cook Finds the Islands". Hawaii: The Pacific State. Bess Press, Incorporated. pp. 26, 27, 28. ISBN 978- ... University of Hawaii Press. p. 142. ISBN 978-0-8248-2265-1. Siler, Julia Flynn (2012). Lost Kingdom: Hawaii's Last Queen, the ... Kalakaua and Liliuokalani were the last monarchs of the Kingdom of Hawaii, but The Royal Four's gift of music to Hawaii lives ...
Hawaii:: A History of the Big Island.. ...
ISBN 978-1-4020-3236-3. Robert F. Oaks (1 November 2003). Hawaii:: A History of the Big Island. Arcadia Publishing. p. 131. ... On the "Big Island" of Hawaiʻi, Mauna Kea is considered the highest island mountain in the world. While the summit is often ... "Third Maunakea observatory set for decommissioning". University of Hawaii News. University of Hawaii. Retrieved 3 December 2015 ... "The Economic Impact of Astronomy in Hawai'i" (PDF). University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization. 28 August 2014. ...
On the "Big Island" of Hawaii, Mauna Kea is considered the highest island mountain in the world. While the summit is often ... ISBN 978-1-4020-3236-3. Robert F. Oaks (1 November 2003). Hawaii:: A History of the Big Island. Arcadia Publishing. p. 131. ... ISBN 978-1-4027-4737-3. Luci Yamamoto; Alan Tarbell (2005). Hawai'i: The Big Island. Lonely Planet. p. 137. ISBN 978-1-74059- ... A History of the University of Hawai'i. University of Hawaii Press. pp. 210-211. ISBN 978-0-8248-2006-0. Joseph N. Tatarewicz ( ...
Hawaii News Now. 2010-09-19. Retrieved 2010-09-24. "Meet your 2010 mayoral candidates". The Garden Island. 2010-09-04. ... Carvalho and Hawaii County Mayor Billy Kenoi jointly endorsed former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann in the 2010 Democratic ... He is credited with the expansion of The Kauai Bus service on the island. In 2007, Mayor Baptiste appointed Carvalho to create ... Carvalho was born on Kauaʻi island to Bernard P. Carvalho Sr. and Priscilla Hanohano. He graduated from Kapaa High School in ...
Western Territory: Coeur D'Alene, Idaho; Kapolei, Hawaii; Long Beach, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Salem, Oregon; San ... Francisco, California Eastern Territory: Camden, New Jersey; Massena, New York; Staten Island, New York; Boston, Massachusetts ...
Portuguese immigration to Hawaii "The bark Priscilla". The Pacific Commercial Advertiser. Honolulu, Hawaii. September 14, 1878 ... "Portuguese immigration to the Hawaiian Islands" (PDF). Hawaiian Almanac and Annual for 1887 - A Handbook of Information. ... Honolulu, Hawaii. October 5, 1878. p. 2. Retrieved 20 October 2013. Marques, A. (1886). Thrum, Thomas G., ed. " ... the Priscilla arriving on 30 September 1878 to Honolulu harbor with 120 settlers recruited from the Madeira Islands of Portugal ...
He Mau Kaʻao Hawaii: Folktales of Hawaiʻi. Bishop Museum Press, Honolulu.]. [Abbott, I.A. 1992. Laʻau Hawaii. Bishop Museum ... Pukui tells a story from Kaʻū on Hawaiʻi Island of a beautiful young woman, Mōlī, whose father will let none other than a ... Lowland wet forests occur from 100 to 1200 m elevation on the main Hawaiian islands and are prime habitat with around 1500-5000 ... Several ʻōlelo noʻeau from the Hilo and Puna districts on Hawaiʻi Island paint a wonderfully fragrant picture of Puna and ...
Chatham Islands (NZ) • Cook Islands (NZ) • Easter Island (Chile) • French Polynesia (France) • Hawaii (USA) • Loyalty Islands ( ... Marshall Islands • Nauru • Northern Mariana Islands (USA) • Palau • Wake Island (USA) • Polynesia American Samoa (USA) • ... Dependencies/Territories of Australia Christmas Island • Cocos (Keeling) Islands • Norfolk Island New Zealand Melanesia Fiji • ... Turks and Caicos Islands • United States Virgin Islands Oceania (includes the continent of Australia) Australasia Australia ( ...
Peter Island, British Virgin Islands, Nanuya Levu, Fiji, Boracay Island, The Philippines, Sentosa, Singapore, Maui, Hawaii, ... Petersburg, Russia, Discovery Cove, Orlando and Singer Island, Florida, Saint John, U.S. Virgin Islands, Kaanapali, Hawaii, San ... Galápagos Islands, Ecuador 1999: Necker Island, Guana Island 2000: Pacific theme - Malaysia, Oahu, Maui, Mexico 2001: Tunisia, ... Lucia, Fiji, Guana Island, British Virgin Islands 2015: American issue: West Coast California, Oregon, Washington; Blackberry ...
The Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC) is located on Ford Island in Honolulu, Hawaii within the Ford Island Historic Management ... "Military opens Warfighting Center at Ford Island , The Honolulu Advertiser , Hawaii's Newspaper". the.honoluluadvertiser.com. ...
"Bill to Make Hawaiian Bobtail Squid Hawaii's Official State Microbe to be Heard Tomorrow". Hawaii News and Island Information. ... Honolulu, HI: Hawaii State Legislature. Retrieved 22 October 2017. Taniguchi, Brian (25 January 2017). "SB1212". Hawaii State ... link) "Competing to be Hawaii's top microbe - Hawaii Reporter". Hawaii Reporter. 2014-01-28. Retrieved 2017-11-20. " ... nov., from decaying wood of Wikstroemia oahuensis , Hawai'i, and emended description of the genus Flavobacterium" (PDF). CS1 ...
"Web Archiving Project for the Pacific Islands". hawaii.edu. Retrieved 2013-11-17. "Library of Congress Web Archives". Loc.gov. ... "Our digital island, a Tasmanian Web Archive". tas.gov.au. Retrieved 2014-05-29. "LINC Tasmania Online - Home page". ...
Hawaii. Supreme Court (1893). Reports of Decisions Rendered by the Supreme Court of the Hawaiian Islands. H.L. Sheldon. pp. 626 ... Harris, Chas C. (March 21, 1877). "Supreme Court of the Hawaiian Islands". Honolulu Hawaii. Hawaiian Gazette. ,access-date= ... Lawrence McCully (September 5, 1877). "Supreme Court of the Hawaiian Islands". Honolulu Hawaii. Hawaiian Gazette. ,access-date ... 627-. Hawaii reports : cases determined in the Supreme Court of the Territory of Hawaii. 1905. pp. 448-. United States. ...
Hiki caused high waves on some of the Hawaiian Islands. Hawaii remained on the southern semicircle of Hiki, and as a result, ... As a result, several houses throughout the Hawaiian Islands lost their roof. In addition, a farmer in Kohala on Hawaii died ... Hiki remained between 100 and 200 mi (160 and 320 km) offshore while paralleling several Hawaiian Islands, including Hawaii, ... "Hurricane Develops Off Hawaiian Islands". The Miami News. Honolulu, Hawaii. International News Service. August 16, 1950. ...
Chatham Islands (NZ) • Cook Islands (NZ) • Easter Island (Chile) • French Polynesia (France) • Hawaii (USA) • Loyalty Islands ( ... Marshall Islands • Nauru • Northern Mariana Islands (USA) • Palau • Wake Island (USA) • Religion in Polynesia American Samoa ( ... Turks and Caicos Islands • United States Virgin Islands Religion in Oceania (includes the continent of Australia) Religion in ... Islands • Norfolk Island New Zealand Religion in Melanesia Fiji • Indonesia (Oceanian part only) • New Caledonia (France) • ...
Cole, William (October 28, 2009). "Medal of Honor likely for Isle man". The Honolulu Advertiser. Honolulu, Hawaii. Retrieved ... hero Maui can be proud of Hawaii Senator news Release SPEECH OF HON. MAZIE K. HIRONO OF HAWAII IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ... Maui, Hawaii: St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School: 7. Summer 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 25, 2011. ... A native of Maui, Hawaii, Kahoʻohanohano was the son of a police officer and one of seven siblings, 6 brothers and 1 sister. He ...
Thomas, US Virgin Islands; Coral Island Nassau, The Bahamas; Oceanworld in Manly, Australia; and elsewhere. Kahn was named ... Kahn, a former diver, founded Coral World International, a group of aquariums around the world in Eilat, Israel; Maui, Hawaii; ... Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands". www.coralworld.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30. "Coral World International - Company Profile". www. ...
"Big Island Route List". Hawaii Highways. Retrieved October 22, 2007. [self-published source] Idaho Transportation Department. " ...
Honolulu, Hawaii: Black Press. Retrieved May 23, 2011. "Amy Hanaiali'i: Friends and Family of Hawai'i". Allmusic. Retrieved May ... Adriane (2009-12-03). "Who's Nominated for a Grammy? It's Kind of Insane! From LMFAO to Lonely Island". MTV. Archived from the ... "Grammy nominees for best Hawaiian music album announced". Honolulu, Hawaii: Hawaii News Now. December 2, 2010. Retrieved May 12 ... Amy Hanaiali'i and Slack Key Masters of Hawaii for Amy Hanaiali'i and Slack Key Masters of Hawaii, Daniel Ho for Polani, ...
UP Hawaii. ISBN 978-0824833022. Troost, J. Maarten (2006). Getting Stoned with Savages: A Trip Through the Islands of Fiji and ... This means that there are many islands with no police presence, and many parts of islands where getting to a police post can ... It is said the crocodiles reached the northern part of the islands after cyclones, given the island chain's proximity to the ... While well-vegetated, most islands show signs of deforestation. The islands have been logged, particularly of high-value timber ...
Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 91-94. Unger, Tom E. (2004). "The Tanager Expedition". Max Schlemmer, Hawaii's King of Laysan Island. ... Wildlife and History of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands. University of Hawaii Press. Honolulu, Hawaii: Bishop Museum Press. ... University of Hawaii Press. ISBN 0-8248-0981-5. Lipman, Victor (1996) . "The Life, Death, and Rebirth of an Island". In ... Christophersen, Erling; Caum, Edward L. (1931-07-01). Vascular plants of the Leeward Islands, Hawaii. Bernice P. Bishop Museum ...
Soboleski, Hank (27 July 2014). "The wreck of the bark "George N. Wilcox"". The Garden Island. Lihue, Hawaii. Retrieved 17 ...
Hawaii - "Haole"; Samoa - "Palagi"; Tonga - "Papalagi"; Marshall Islands - "ri-Likin"  etc. Fiji portal Culture of Fiji. ... in the Cook Islands - "Papa'a"; New Zealand - "Pakeha"; New Caledonian slang - "poken" (although this is used only for English ...
state of Hawaii. Retrieved 2011-03-21. Davianna McGregor (2007). Nā Kuaʻāina: Living Hawaiian Culture. University of Hawaii ... A Residence in the Sandwich Islands. Weeks, Jordan & Company. James Jackson Jarves (1843). History of the Hawaiian Islands. ... Hiram Bingham I (1855) . A Residence of Twenty-one Years in the Sandwich Islands (Third ed.). H.D. Goodwin. pp. 238, 314 ... His name was mentioned in the 1840 Constitution of the Kingdom of Hawaii. Kahekili married Kahakuhaʻakoi Wahinepio as her ...
Hi. Please take a look at the article Let's Dance 2015. Thanks.--BabbaQ (talk) 16:41, 11 April 2015 (UTC) ... We noticed though that when you edited Dominik Utzinger, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page The Island. Such ... Hi,. I see that you have imported the AWB Script. I have a question about it and the script author seems to be inactive here ... Hi Raju, Dhoni has also made 174 ODI runs for the Asian XI, so these need to be excluded from his career tally to get his runs ...
Daniel Island Club / Job Posted: 09/11/20 The Daniel Island Club, located within a 4000-acre planned community in the historic ... Southern California / Hawaii *The Rockies *Midwest *South Florida *New England *Arizona / New Mexico ... Metro NY, Long Island, CT (Fairfield Cty and N.NJ *New England: MA, RI, rest of CT, NH, VT, ME *Pacific/NW: ID, MT, OR and WA * ... Canada and the Virgin Islands. You will be assigned a designated Customer Service Representative to handle paper work. ...
The Long Island Neighborhood Network successfully sued to block the use of pesticides, causing the project to be delayed. ... The Neighborhood Network has been contacted by activist working in other states, from Massachusetts to Hawaii, for information ... After more than three years of fighting - a battle that kept one of Long Islands most impressive golf courses from opening - ... We are planning to respond to the many inquiries received from off Long Island by developing a national clearinghouse for ...
Hawaii, U.S. It lies 6 miles (10 km) off the southwestern shore of Maui island, from which it is separated by the Alalakeiki ... crescent from Kure Island in the west to the island of Hawaii in the east. The eight major islands at the eastern end of the ... Hawaii (Hawaiian: Hawaii) became the 50th U.S. state on August 21, 1959. Hawaii is a group of volcanic islands in the central ... Hawaii (Hawaiian: Hawaii) became the 50th U.S. state on August 21, 1959. Hawaii is a group of volcanic islands in the central ...
Property Location With a stay at Island Colony by Hawaii Ocean Club, youll be centrally located in Honolulu, within a 1... ... Island Colony by Hawaii Ocean Club. Property Location With a stay at Island Colony by Hawaii Ocean Club, youll be centrally ... Island Colony by Hawaii Ocean Club - Panoramic Studio, Ocean View, Sea Facing. ... This condo is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from University of Hawaii at Manoa and 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from Diamond Head. ...
... from Hawaii (southeast) by the Alenuihaha Channel, and from the small islands of Lanai and Kahoolawe (both to the west) by the ... Hawaii, U.S. It is separated from Molokai (northwest) by the Pailolo Channel, ... island, Maui county, Hawaii, U.S. Situated across the Auau Channel from Maui island, it is formed by the extinct volcano ... Maui, volcanic island, Maui county, Hawaii, U.S. It is separated from Molokai (northwest) by the Pailolo Channel, from Hawaii ( ...
Search the best Hawaii Island vacation deals & save more when you book your flight + hotel together. Lowest price guaranteed or ... Best time to take a trip to Hawaii Island. The Big Island may be home to both fire and ice, but at sea level the island thrives ... More to Explore for Hawaii Island. * Flights to Hawaii Island Shop the best airfares to get there ... Insider tips for Hawaii Island travel. Palace Theater (Hilo). Spice up the night at Hilos 1920s-era theater, complete with a ...
... these Hawaiian island experiences are sure to please. ... The terrain on Hawaiis secluded "pineapple island" is so ... Hawaii is a land of perpetual enchantment, and even for an island native, there are new ways to discover its secrets. Thats ... The Hawaiian Islands as Youve Never Seen Them Before. With Hawaii by Four Seasons - an exclusive 12-day itinerary that ... Kauai-born Chelsea Yamase takes a whirlwind tour of four of Hawaiis main islands. ...
Hawaiis Big Island Film Festival will screen a record number of films and is expected to attract more attendees than ever ... Hawaiis Big Island Film Festival Announces 2016 Winners Officially named the Big Island Film Festival at the Fairmont Orchid, ... Hawaiis Big Island Film Festival Set to Draw Record Crowds. The 10-year-old event keeps on growing, pulling in more attendees ... living up to its name, Hawaiis Big Island Film Festival just keeps getting bigger. Founded in 2006 by husband-and-wife team ...
... to Kauai and the island of Hawaii. Restricted round-trip fares to both islands begin at $852. TO LEARN MORE Slow Food: There ... THE BEST WAY TO THE BIG ISLAND AND KAUAI From LAX, Delta, United and American offer nonstop service, and Hawaiian offers ... to Kauai and the island of Hawaii. Restricted round-trip fares to both islands begin at $852. ... Edible Hawaiian Islands: This group of locally produced local food magazines has a strong edition in Hawaii that offers not ...
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is a 5-Star Big Island Resort, ideally located on the Kona-Kohala Coast. Experience authentic ... Hawaii by Four Seasons Discover four diverse Hawaiian Islands in true Four Seasons fashion by booking our one-of-a-kind Hawaii ... Set on Hawaii Islands exclusive Kona-Kohala Coast, this showpiece oceanfront luxury resort in Hualalai captures the essence of ... Set on the North Kona Coast of Hawaii Island, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai boasts a dramatic mix of white-sand beaches, ...
Hawaii (Reuters) - Lawmakers on the tropical island of Kauai, Hawaii, on Wednesday approved a hotly contested measure aimed at ... reining in widespread pesticide use by companies testing new genetically modified crops on the island. The Kauai County Council ... Lihue, Hawaii (Reuters) - Lawmakers on the tropical island of Kauai, Hawaii, on Wednesday approved a hotly contested measure ... Known as Hawaiis "Garden Isle," Kauais landscape has become fertile ground for testing of new crops by DuPont Pioneer, ...
Hawaii on FlipKey today! FlipKey has thousands of reviews and photos to help you plan your memorable trip. Explore over 1,433 ... Book your perfect Vacation Rental in Island of Hawaii, ... Island of Hawaii Golf Vacation Rentals * Island of Hawaii Pet ... We we able to get in the ocean everyday while also making day trips to discover other parts of the island. The small town feel ... "Comfortable and Relaxing" This quaint home is located in a quiet and peaceful area of the Big Island. I found the house to be ...
Interests: Travel , States , Hawaii , Hawaii Islands & Hibiscus Hawaii Islands & Hibiscus Womens Boy Brief. $23.99 ...
Perfect Days Hawaii is an exciting new website for pre-arrival and on-island visitors as well as Hawaii residents ... Honolulu, Hawaii (PRWEB) November 20, 2012 Perfect Days Hawaii is an exciting new website for pre-arrival and on-island ... Local Food in HawaiiLearn how to eat like a "local" when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands.. Molokais Best Beaches for ... The Hawaii travel site is also mobile-optimized and features a database-like mobile site, perfect for on-island travelers on ...
Book now at Island Lava Java Bistro in Kailua, explore menu, see photos and read 531 reviews: I was warned by several friends ... All Hawaii1151Oahu665Maui217Hawaii / Big Island159Kauai103Lanai7 ... Hawaii)·Dined on January 3, 2018. We go to Island Lava Java a ... Hawaii)·Dined on January 13, 2018. Island Lava Java is a great place to have a reasonably priced bacon cheese burger for lunch ... Would hate to see this happen to one of our favorites during our annual trip to Hawaii Island. ...
... learning about unique island ecosystems, viewing lava at Volcanoes National Park and snorkeling colorful reefs in Lanai! ... Join locals to explore Hawaii with an insiders perspective, ... Hawaii Best of Hawaii: Oahu, Big Island and Maui. National ... Comfortable, laid back Hilo is the gateway to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and an authentic taste of Hawaiis Big Island. The ... Jan 09, 2021 - Jan 17, 2021 (Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii to Kaanapali, HI (Island of Maui)) ...
... is on Hawaii. The nearest landfall to the south is in the Line Islands. To the northwest of the island of Hawaii is the island ... The island is often referred to as the Island of Hawaiʻi, the Big Island, or Hawaiʻi Island to distinguish it from the state. ... Hawaii County encompasses the entire island of Hawaii. Executive authority is vested in the mayor of Hawaii County, who is ... 2015 Hawaii (island) at Curlie (based on DMOZ) Media related to Hawaii (island) at Wikimedia Commons Coordinates: 19°34′N 155° ...
Hawaii Gov David Ige has declared a state of emergency in the state, with the Big Island under a hurricane warning for Madeline ... Public schools in Hawaii have been closed, and the governor was urging residents of the Big Island to take steps to protect ... Big Island ARES Districts Activate to Support Possible Hurricane Response in Hawaii. 08/31/2016 ARRL Pacific Section Emergency ... districts on the Big Island of Hawaii, to support each other and served agencies as two hurricanes - Madeline and Lester - ...
... a determined cyclist set out-with little more than a credit card-on a five-day journey to circle Hawaiis largest isle. ...
This Hawaiian island that rests in the midst of the Central Pacific, is known to be one of Hawaiis most scenic islands. Shape- ... During the late 1700s, Kamehameha I, ruler of the big island Hawaii, invaded the adjacent islands to establish the Hawaiian ... The island of Maui is located in the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; it is 31 miles (50 kilometers) west of the island ... Hawaii-loa and eight navigating seafarers from the Marquesa Islands, 2000 miles to the south, discovered the Hawaiian islands ...
Louis, has made history as the first female and first documented solo kayaker to circumnavigate the Big Island in Hawaii. ... Jenny Decker completes the first documented solo kayak around the Big Island in Hawaii. Photo credit: Cassidy Wayant ... Decker lays out her route on a map of the Big Island. ... Makes Historic Solo Kayak Trip Around Hawaiis Big Island May 4 ...
On Hawaii coastline, billowing plumes caused by the interaction of hot molten lava and seawater.. Credit: Karin Bjorkman, UH ...
Hawaii County Civil Defense says you should finish your storm preparations by Tuesday night, because hurricane-force winds will ... Hawaii Island braces for effects of Hurricane Madeline Local News Posted: Aug 29, 2016 / 03:54 AM HST. / Updated: Aug 29, 2016 ... The following Hawaii Island shelters will open at 5 p.m. Tuesday (pet-friendly shelters are marked with an asterisk): ... State offices will be closed on Hawaii Island Wednesday. Employees will be granted administrative leave and should not report ...
Magic Island is a small manmade peninsula in Honolulu, Hawaii, adjacent to Ala Moana Beach Park and the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor. ... Each year, the Ala Moana Center puts on a fireworks show over Magic Island for the Fourth of July that draws numerous ... The park on Magic Island is a popular spot where people gather for picnics, frisbee, socializing, and occasional festival or ... Media related to Magic Island at Wikimedia Commons. ...
Stay informed with both Honolulu Hawaii news as well as headlines and stories from around the world. ... HonoluluAdvertiser.com is the home page of Honolulu Hawaii with in depth and updated Honolulu local news. ... Hawaii Department of Health:. www.hawaii.gov/health/search/index_html. Web log of Tom Picketts battle with ciguatera: www. ... Hawaii ciguatera research and maps of Oahu and Maui locations where ciguatera-positive fish were caught over the past two ...
OahuHiloUniversity of HaIsland's2018Geological SurveyTravelersGetting Bill 1131959Hawaiian Volcano ObsKonaHawaii'sLanaiPineappleLava FlowMānoaCivil defenseOrchidTribune-HeraldVolcanoes NatiImiloa Astronomy CenterCaribbean201619thForestsEcosystemsBeachesCases of dengue feverSearchVolcanic islandsAmerica'sTahiti2019David IgeActive volcanoesCoastlineKamuelaRanchersMosquitoesWatersAlohaLeilani EstatesLihueChapterOfficialsKealakekua BayPolynesiansEarthquakeNewsCentersKamehameha the GSnorkelingGeneticallyPolynesianCountyEndemicKawaihae
- On this three-island adventure that begins on Oahu, journey along the breathtaking East Coast to marvel in the iconic natural beauty of Diamond Head and Hanauma Bay. (roadscholar.org)
- Bienfang, with the help of spearfishing clubs on Oahu and Maui, has been collecting data on "hot spots" for ciguatera-containing fish in the Islands for about two years. (honoluluadvertiser.com)
- The Hawaiian Islands were governed by separate kings until Kamehameha the Great won the Battle of Nuuanu on Oahu (at what is now known as the Pali Lookout) and united the islands. (westjet.com)
- Last month, a baby born with brain damage at a hospital in Oahu, Hawaii, was apparently the first case of the mosquito-borne Zika virus in a birth on U.S. soil, health officials said. (medicaldaily.com)
- Rabbit Island is located on the Oahu Windward (East) Shore. (hawaii.edu)
- Obvious questions to ask are whether sharks are more abundant and/or have greater overlap with recreational water use around Maui compared to Oahu, and other Hawaiian Islands, where fewer shark bites have occurred? (nature.com)
- As flooding hit the Big Island, winds fanned brush fires that had broken out in dry areas of Maui and Oahu. (thegardenisland.com)
- Hawaii Blog - Ryan Ozawa's Hawaii blog, straight from Oahu. (aimforawesome.com)
- I sometimes have asthma, and I lived in Hawaii for 6 years - Oahu, and Maui. (aimforawesome.com)
- As far as dream vacations go, Pacific Islands Reservations (http://www.pacificislandsreservations) provide the very best of Oahu vacation rentals. (yellowpages.com)
- Hawaii Electric Light Company employees are working around the clock to try and lessen an outage impact, securing transformers at the HELCO baseyard near Hilo International Airport. (khon2.com)
- This tour will take you from Kona's sunny coast down to the southernmost point in the 50 states, around to the rainy side of the island and the city of Hilo, and up over the high hill-town of Waimea, before landing back down on the Kohala coast, heading south back to Kona. (seriouseats.com)
- 355 Kinoole Street, Hilo, HI 96720. (hawaiitribune-herald.com)
- This is the rainy season, particularly on much of the Big Island, where November and December are typically the rainiest months of the year in the city of Hilo, located in the northeast of the island. (undercurrent.org)
- HILO, Hawaii - Scientists are teaming up with students at the Volcano School of Arts and Sciences to better study ambrosia beetles, a potential transmitter of the tree-killing disease rapid ohia death. (thegardenisland.com)
- REPORT FROM HAWAII ELECTRIC LIGHT COMPANY - HILO, HAWAII - Hawaii Electric Light Company (HELCO) and Hu Honua Bioenergy today announced the signing of a Power Purchase Agreement to provide Hawaii Island with 21.5 megawatts (MW) of renewable, dispatchable firm capacity fueled by locally grown biomass. (hawaiireporter.com)
- Big Island Book Buyers in Hilo opened as normal Saturday morning after owner Mary Bicknell saw a bit of sunshine and blue sky. (thegardenisland.com)
- A thousand yards of gray-black sand that narrows considerably as it runs west from the Wailoa River toward downtown, at one time Hilo Bayfront Park (along Kamehameha Ave.) went all the way to the Wailuku River and was renowned throughout the islands for its beauty, but commercialism of the waterfront ruined it. (moon.com)
- A twenty centimeter (cm) amplitude was recorded in Hilo, with 40 cm in Kapoho and 15 cm in Honuapo, the County of Hawaii said in a statement. (sott.net)
- Dan Brinkman, East Hawaii Regional CEO, Hawaii Health Systems Corp., said Hilo Medical Center averaged between 4,000 and 4,200 visits a month prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and stay-at-home orders issued by Gov. David Ige. (hawaiitribune-herald.com)
- 16 Scrub OR Tech opening in Hilo, Hawaii Hilo, HI, USA Aya Healthcare has an immediate opening for the following position: Scrub, OR Tech in Hilo, Hawaii. (healthcarehiring.com)
- Goats and sheep were introduced in the 19th century, and from 1941 to 1990 the island was used by the U.S. armed forces for munitions testing and bombing exercises, both of which further damaged the island's ecology. (britannica.com)
- Set on Hawaii Island's exclusive Kona-Kohala Coast, this showpiece oceanfront luxury resort in Hualalai captures the essence of Hawaiian design, culture and tradition. (fourseasons.com)
- With the possibility of a one-two punch - with Hurricane Lester close behind - Hawaii Island's interim civil defense administrator Ed Teixeira said they've started contacting various county and other agencies to be one step ahead of the storms. (khon2.com)
- Hurricane Lane barreled toward Hawaii on Friday, dumping torrential rains that inundated the Big Island's main city as people elsewhere stocked up on supplies and piled sandbags to shield oceanfront businesses against the increasingly violent surf. (thegardenisland.com)
- Hawaii Island Recovery, the Big Island's premiere residential substance abuse rehabilitation facility for adults, offers a comprehensive treatment program in a tranquil and healing environment. (hawaiianrecovery.com)
- A US Geological Survey (USGS) handout taken on 26 October 2014, show lava flow from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano as the leading tip of the flow advanced through the Pahoa cemetery, Hawaii. (newsmax.com)
- The US Geological Survey has upgraded the severity of the earthquake off the Big Island in Hawaii to a 6.9 on the Richter scale, roughly an hour after it was registered. (sott.net)
- The U.S. Geological Survey said the magnitude-6.9 was the largest Hawaii quake since the 1975 magnitude-7.1 earthquake, which killed two people. (sott.net)
- In the first ecosystem-wide study of changing sea depths at five large coral reef tracts in Florida, the Caribbean and Hawai'i, U.S. Geological Survey researchers found the sea floor is eroding in all five places, and the reefs cannot keep pace with sea level rise. (usgs.gov)
- The Hawaii travel site is also mobile-optimized and features a database-like mobile site, perfect for on-island travelers on the move. (prweb.com)
- Dengue is not endemic to Hawaii but has occasionally spread after being imported by infected travelers. (medicaldaily.com)
- 1 Labor & Delivery Nurse - Travel - Travel (LD RN) - Kealakekua Kealakekua, HI, USA Job Benefits At American Mobile Healthcare we take care of our travelers! (healthcarehiring.com)
- A welcome rest stop for feathered travelers, this barrier island on Alabama's coast provides perfect opportunities for bird-lovers to spot rare species each spring and fall. (travelchannel.com)
- 72-100 Ka`upulehu Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740 U.S.A. (fourseasons.com)
- A peerless collection of native Hawaiian art complements expansive, open-air living spaces and island-inspired décor at this Kona, Hawaii luxury resort on the Big Island. (fourseasons.com)
- S et on the North Kona Coast of Hawaii Island, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai boasts a dramatic mix of white-sand beaches, dazzling oceanfront and black-lava landscapes. (fourseasons.com)
- Enjoy championship golf, island-fresh dining, and a genuine aloha spirit during your stay at our Big Island luxury resort in Kona, Hawaii. (fourseasons.com)
- 75-5580 Kuakini Highway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. (westhawaiitoday.com)
- An interactive map available through the Hawaii Department of Health shows that the largest number of cases have occurred near Kona and Captain Cook - both popular areas for scuba divers and their families. (undercurrent.org)
- Dr. Park stressed that residents should not focus too much on South Kona as a problem area, because they are dealing with a possible cross-island situation. (bigislandvideonews.com)
- We present two methods for detecting Coffea arabica fields using remote sensing and geospatial technologies on WorldView-2 high-resolution spectral data of the Kona region of Hawaii Island. (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- At Kona Community Hospital, a part of the Hawaii Health Systems Corp., emergency room visits are down as well. (hawaiitribune-herald.com)
- Yvette, a 2013 graduate of Honoka'a High School, will attend Hawaii Pacific University to major in Pre-Nursing, while Maila, a resident of Kailua Kona, is currently attending Hawaii Community College where she is pursuing a Pre-Nursing major. (damontucker.com)
- Kauai-born Chelsea Yamase takes a whirlwind tour of four of Hawaii's main islands. (fourseasons.com)
- The terrain on Hawaii's secluded "pineapple island" is so diverse that guests invariably end up designing their own experience within the larger itinerary. (fourseasons.com)
- living up to its name, Hawaii's Big Island Film Festival just keeps getting bigger. (variety.com)
- The Director of Guest Relations at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai shares unique places to shop, sip coffee, eat chocolate and experience natural beauty on Hawaii's Big Island. (fourseasons.com)
- Known as Hawaii's "Garden Isle," Kauai's landscape has become fertile ground for testing of new crops by DuPont Pioneer, Syngenta, BASF, and Dow AgroSciences, which together have staked out work on an estimated 15,000 acres on the isolated Hawaiian island. (yahoo.com)
- The mayor of Hawaii's Big Island declared a state of emergency on Monday to deal with a growing outbreak of dengue fever, spread by infected mosquitoes, with 250 cases confirmed over the past four months. (medicaldaily.com)
- In November 2015, about a dozen or so people on Hawaii's Big Island were known to have contracted dengue fever from the bites of local mosquitoes. (undercurrent.org)
- Anyone headed to Hawaii's Big Island at present would be best advised to bring along a sunscreen containing an insect repellent - don't expect to be able to find any left on the store shelves when you arrive in Hawaii. (undercurrent.org)
- Finally, if you're absolutely committed to doing some back-country hiking and camping in the near future on Hawaii's Big Island, you should likely consider bringing some permethrin-treated clothing with long shirts and long pants. (undercurrent.org)
- Hawaii's Big Island Bans Biotech Companies and GMO Crops! (onegreenplanet.org)
- Hawaii's Mountains - Here's a link to the live webcam on the summit of our tallest mountain Mauna Kea (nearly 13,800 feet high) on the Big Island of Hawaii. (hawaiiweathertoday.com)
- Join locals to explore Hawaii with an insider's perspective, learning about unique island ecosystems, exploring Volcanoes National Park and snorkeling colorful reefs in Lanai! (roadscholar.org)
- 7 Registered Nurse - Emergency Room Travel Nurse Assignment in Lanai City, Hawaii Lanai City, HI, USA They can work in hospital emergency rooms, ambulances, helicopters, urgent care centers, sports arenas, and more. (healthcarehiring.com)
- Lava flow on the Big Island of Hawaii advanced several hundred yards over the weekend, and authorities are now warning nearby residents to be prepared to evacuate as soon as Tuesday. (newsmax.com)
- If you're facing damages from the lava flow on the Big Island, the government wants to hear from you. (hawaiipublicradio.org)
- Both the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Small Business Administration have been on Hawai'i Island since shortly after the lava flow began. (hawaiipublicradio.org)
- The lava flow on Hawai'i Island continues to touch residents around the island. (hawaiipublicradio.org)
- A study led by researchers at the University of Hawai'i (UH) at Mānoa and University of Southern California (USC) and published today in the journal Science revealed that this biological response hinged on unexpectedly high concentrations of nitrate, despite the negligible amount of nitrogen in basaltic lava . (phys.org)
- Plans call for using HF (7.180 and 3.975 MHz) to relay traffic via Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS) nets to the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency Emergency Operations Center (EOC). (arrl.org)
- Hawaii County Civil Defense says you should finish your storm preparations by Tuesday night, because hurricane-force winds will likely pick up Wednesday and Thursday. (khon2.com)
- At Hawaii County Civil Defense headquarters, officials are urging residents to take the hurricane warning seriously. (khon2.com)
- The next item in its likely path, a home, is at least 300 yards away, said Darryl Oliveira, director of civil defense for Hawaii County. (newsmax.com)
- Authorities rescued 39 people from floodwaters Friday and Saturday, all in the eastern part of the Big Island where the rain concentrated, Hawaii County Civil Defense spokeswoman Kelly Wooten said. (thegardenisland.com)
- A new vent has opened near the intersection of Leilani Avenue and Kahukai Road," the Civil Defense of Hawaii County reported . (sott.net)
- As of January 8, 2016, 210 cases have occurred, 190 of which are Hawaii Island residents, and 20 are visitors to that island. (undercurrent.org)
- During the World Conservation Congress in 2016 , state officials made a legacy commitment, "Hawaii 30 by 30 Oceans," aiming to increase management of nearshore waters to 30 percent by 2030. (staradvertiser.com)
- Coffman follows the rising tensions between the U.S. and the once-independent Hawaii through the late 19th century, documenting how the native population resisted annexation. (roadscholar.org)
- King Kamehameha White Southerners, who settled the Hawaiian islands during the 19th Century had a song about the native people which ran, "You may call them Hawaiian, but they look like niggers to me. (africaresource.com)
- On Tuesday November 19th , the Hawaii County Council of the Big Island passed a bill, 6-3, that forbids biotech companies from operating on the Big Island and prohibits all new genetically modified organisms, or GMOs. (realfoodforlife.com)
- When they seek to leave their hectic urban life, they escape to their country's villages, mountains, forests and islands. (pbshawaii.org)
- Every year hula dancers in Hawaii head into the ohia forests of Hawai'i the Big Island to gather the trees' flowers to adorn the dancers' hair, lei and hands for the Merrie Monarch Festival, the world's largest hula competition. (lonelyplanet.com)
- For now, the fungus is found only on the Big Island, but scientists are worried that the thousands of people that come to the ohia forests to pluck the flowers could unintentionally spread the fungus, leading to what's known as rapid ohia death that would disturb the islands' delicate ecosystem. (lonelyplanet.com)
- Informative articles on topics that include local foods, little-known hike trails, Hawaiian culture and music, island weddings, best Hawaii beaches, and more. (prweb.com)
- In one day, you can get the entire way around the island, eating many of the state's specialties while walking some of it off at the national parks, on the black sand beaches, and under the roaring waterfalls. (seriouseats.com)
- There have been 250 confirmed cases of dengue fever on the island since Oct. 29, making it the largest outbreak in the state since the 1940s, according to the mayor's declaration and Hawaii health officials. (medicaldaily.com)
- By mid-November ago, the Hawaii Department of Health reported about 3 dozen cases of dengue fever. (undercurrent.org)
- Be immersed in the natural wonders, culture and history of America's paradise - Hawaii! (roadscholar.org)
- Setting aside their bigotry, the Southern settlers hit upon a fact which is studiously ignored by modern anthropologists and historians: the natives of Hawaii, America's 50th State, were Black people whose ancestral roots extend back to the continent of Africa. (africaresource.com)
- Hawaii Gov David Ige has declared a state of emergency in the state, with the Big Island under a hurricane warning for Madeline. (arrl.org)
- Hawaii Governor David Ige said in a statement he supported the efforts on the Big Island but would not issue a statewide emergency declaration unless the outbreak spread to other islands or expanded to include other diseases, such as the Zika virus. (medicaldaily.com)
- On Hawaii coastline, billowing plumes caused by the interaction of hot molten lava and seawater. (nsf.gov)
- Kīlauea lava entry on the southeast coastline of Hawai'i Island as seen from UH research vessel Kaimikai o Kanaloa. (phys.org)
- Kilauea lava entry site on the southeast coastline of Hawaii. (phys.org)
- 5 Medical Surgical Registered Nurse - Med/Surg RN Kamuela, HI, USA Pioneer Healthcare is seeking an exceptional Medical Surgical Registered Nurse. (healthcarehiring.com)
- 6 Operating Room Registered Nurse - OR RN Kamuela, HI, USA Pioneer Healthcare has an exciting opportunityopen for an experienced Operating Room Registered Nurse. (healthcarehiring.com)
- Located in Waimea (Kamuela), Hawaii Island, NHCH opened in May 1996. (damontucker.com)
- As a result of Hawaii County Mayor Billy Kenoi's order people on the Big Island will be allowed to resume disposing of old tires in landfills, since tires which are left lying around are a known breeding spot for mosquitoes. (medicaldaily.com)
- Among the "day biting mosquitoes" in Hawaii which can transmit dengue fever are Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus ( the Asian tiger mosquito). (undercurrent.org)
- Sometimes, persons arriving from other countries may enter the United States with dengue fever and infect local mosquitoes, as happened in Hawaii in 2001. (bigislandvideonews.com)
- Mosquitoes - Mosquitoes are a year-round problem for Makiki, HI residents. (sandwichisle.com)
- After several visits to Hawaii and staying in the commercial resorts, we wanted to experience true aloha and see what life was like vacationing in coffee country. (flipkey.com)
- Aloha is a philosophy that embodies honouring the people who visit the island with a genuine sense of caring. (westjet.com)
- It proved ahead of his time over here, so he closed it and shrewdly moved to Hawaii, where he quickly established himself as the Aloha State's celebrity chef. (latimes.com)
- Hawaii County officials are preparing for the worst as Hurricane Madeline approaches. (khon2.com)
- On October 29, Hawaii health officials announced they were investigating two confirmed cases of "locally-acquired" dengue fever on Hawaii Island, as well as four more probable cases. (bigislandvideonews.com)
- Hawaii officials are evacuating areas of the Big Island following a series of earthquakes and volcanic activity that have put thousands of lives in danger and are damaging homes and infrastructure. (myfox8.com)
- Officials are continuing to monitor the situation, hoping to avoid a repeat of the 2011 tsunami, which devastated Japan before striking Hawaii and reaching California. (myfox8.com)
- A powerful earthquake measuring magnitude 6.9 has struck just off the Big Island of Hawaii as numerous smaller jolts, including a 5.4 tremor, shook the island in the past hours, amid ongoing volcanic eruption. (sott.net)
- The massive earthquake caused small sea level changes at some locations of the Big Island, which are now "diminishing," authorities said. (sott.net)
- When there's a significant earthquake at sea or on an island, a tsunami is possible. (myfox8.com)
- And because Hawaii has seen what will likely be its largest earthquake, and because there was no tsunami threat, "at this point it seems unlikely. (myfox8.com)
- Many on the island have blamed health problems and pollution on what they say is excessive use of pesticides as the companies test a range of genetically altered crops. (yahoo.com)
- In an attempt to forge compromise last month, Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie proposed that pesticide and genetically engineered seed corporations be allowed to voluntarily disclose pesticide use. (yahoo.com)
- But almost all of the fruits and vegetables we have in Hawaii have been genetically modified. (hawaiibusiness.com)
- Two major victories against genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are about to be achieved in Hawaii, where citizens and city council members have stepped up their game in opposition to open-air cultivations of GMO crops. (realfoodforlife.com)
- On Nov. 19, 2013 the Hawai'i County Council adopted Bill 113 Draft 3 adding a new article relating to Genetically Engineered Crops and Plants, and on Nov. 21, 2013 delivered the bill to me for my consideration. (damontucker.com)
- The nickname comes from the fact the islands were settled by Polynesian sailors who used the stars to navigate the Pacific. (westjet.com)
- PVS was founded in 1973 to research how Polynesian seafarers discovered and settled nearly every inhabitable island in the Pacific Ocean before European explorers arrived in the 16th century. (hawaiihealthguide.com)
- But the name Hawaii is also recognized as a form of Hawaiki, the legendary name of the Polynesian homeland to the west. (africaresource.com)
- Administratively, the whole island is encompassed by Hawaiʻi County. (wikipedia.org)
- There are no incorporated cities in Hawaiʻi County (see List of counties in Hawaii). (wikipedia.org)
- A hurricane watch remains in effect for Hawaii County. (arrl.org)
- That's when we can allocate our personnel, our resources to people who need it the most," said Hawaii County Mayor Billy Kenoi. (khon2.com)
- On January 1, the County of Hawai'i Department of Finance will begin additional review of all taxpayers who claim property tax discounts through the Non-Dedicated Agricultural Use Program. (damontucker.com)