The aggregate of various economic, political, and social policies by which an imperial power maintains or extends its control over other areas or peoples. It includes the practice of or belief in acquiring and retaining colonies. The emphasis is less on its identity as an ideological political system than on its designation in a period of history. (Webster, 3d ed; from Dr. J. Cassedy, NLM History of Medicine Division)
A noninvasive technique that uses the differential absorption properties of hemoglobin and myoglobin to evaluate tissue oxygenation and indirectly can measure regional hemodynamics and blood flow. Near-infrared light (NIR) can propagate through tissues and at particular wavelengths is differentially absorbed by oxygenated vs. deoxygenated forms of hemoglobin and myoglobin. Illumination of intact tissue with NIR allows qualitative assessment of changes in the tissue concentration of these molecules. The analysis is also used to determine body composition.
Pattern Recognition, Visual
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Biomolecular
Mental processing of chromatic signals (COLOR VISION) from the eye by the VISUAL CORTEX where they are converted into symbolic representations. Color perception involves numerous neurons, and is influenced not only by the distribution of wavelengths from the viewed object, but also by its background color and brightness contrast at its boundary.
Task Performance and Analysis
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Sensitivity and Specificity
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Carl von Bismarck
"Bismarck heir sued in New York for $2.5m in child support". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2021-01-09. Bismarck, Nathalie von (2011 ... Invisible. A & G. ISBN 9780615411941. Nathalie gave birth to 2 children, future heir Alexei von Bismarck and Countess Grace von ... 2.5M in unpaid child support". Retrieved 16 February 2016. Pancevski, Bojan (2013-12-13). "Bad blood sinks the Bismarcks". The ... 3.4M in child support". nationalpost. Retrieved 2021-01-09. "Heimliche Hochzeit". Gala (in German). Retrieved 12 December 2019 ...
Apostasy in Islam
Support among contemporary Preachers and scholars "The vast majority of Muslim scholars both past as well as present" consider ... ISBN 9781498284165.CS1 maint: location (link) Benchemsi, Ahmed (24 April 2015). "Invisible Atheists". The New Republic. ... Still others support a "centrist or moderate position" of executing only those whose apostasy is "unambiguously provable"; and/ ... In the contemporary world, public (Muslim) support for capital punishment varies from 78% in Afghanistan to less than 1% in ...
Arm Image Format
"Everything You Always Wanted To Know About MMLite (but were afraid to ask): The FAQ for MMLite". Microsoft Invisible Computing ... Microsoft's MMLite modular system architecture supports the loading of various image formats, including AIF files. Porting of ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "aif_ldr.c". Microsoft Invisible Computing. Microsoft. 2004. Retrieved 28 June 2012. ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Application Note 295". Engineering Support Application Note. Acorn Computers. 4 ...
Timeline of web browsers
"End of Support for Netscape web browsers". Netscape Blog. 28 December 2007. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. ... "Changes since Lynx 2.8 release". lynx.invisible-island.net. 8 July 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2019. Clover, Juli (17 September ... "About the security content of Safari 9". support.apple.com. Apple Inc. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 4 October 2015. "Chrome ... "Changes since Lynx 2.8 release". lynx.invisible-island.net. 5 September 2020. Retrieved 26 January 2021. "Maxthon Browser V6.1. ...
It supports connections to I2P, the Tor network (Syndie does not support Socks proxies, workaround needed for Tor access), ... iMule (invisible Mule) is a port of eMule for I2P network. iMule has not been developed since 2013. iMule is made for anonymous ... The Invisible Internet Project (I2P) is an anonymous network layer (implemented as a Mix Network) that allows for censorship ... "Add I2P support using I2P SAM by vasild · Pull Request #20685 · bitcoin/bitcoin". GitHub. Retrieved 2021-04-03. "I2P con 2015 ...
In this case either the desired application must support the tunneling protocol, or a piece of software must be installed to ... "The Invisible Internet Project". Rainer, R. Kelly; Turban, Efraim (9 January 2008). Introduction to Information Systems: ... Web browsers, FTP and IRC clients often support SOCKS for example, unlike telnet. Proxies can be daisy chained. Chaining ... Another anonymity network is the Invisible Internet Project (I2P). Unlike Tor, I2P is a fully internal network. The philosophy ...
Thou invisible demon of slavery! Dost thou think to cross my humble threshold, and forbid me to give bread to the hungry and ... Lovejoy was a platform speaker in support of Abraham Lincoln in the famous debates with Stephen A. Douglas. While in Congress, ... Lovejoy castigated the Democrats and their racist justifications for supporting slavery, saying: The principle of enslaving ...
... invisible-island.net. Archived from the original on 2020-10-19. Retrieved 2020-11-10. ...support for reentrant code, which has ... In 1997, Vadim Maslov took over maintenance of BtYacc to support a COBOL parser developed by his company. By 1999, the last 3.0 ... "BYACC - BERKELEY YACC". invisible-island.net. Archived from the original on 2002-04-06. Retrieved 2020-11-10. "Release ... In 2014, Tom Shields integrated BtYacc backtracking into Berkeley Yacc effectively subsuming BtYacc and again supporting C ( ...
"Pete Wentz Supports the Invisible Children". OK!. Archived from the original on October 31, 2009. Retrieved January 11, 2011. ... In support of the album they toured with Throwdown and Hatebreed, and performed at Hellfest. These tours also saw the ... He was also a judge for the 10th and 11th annual Independent Music Awards to support independent artists' careers. Wentz has ... The band toured extensively in support of their albums. In November 2009, the four band members announced they will be taking ...
"Hypersystems: A base for specification of computer-supported self-learning social systems". In C. M. Reigeluth, B. H. Banathy ... ISBN 978-0-226-75018-7. especially chapter 8 on "Invisible technicians". See the program overview titled Essence of computers ... in the computer-supported edutainment and financial games of affluent societies. Ivanov published numerous articles and a few ... presuppositions of support at Ivanov's research Website. Ivanov's criticisms are found, for instance, in Ivanov (1991) and ...
Those people were invisible to me." Even in her adult life, she considered herself small. She had "learned to accept and love" ... The majority of kids supported me, which was wonderful. When it comes to dealing with negative people, I just let it in one ear ... Years after her death, Aaliyah said her grandmother supported everyone in the family and always wanted to hear her sing, as ... Aaliyah's brother Rashad later refuted Walker's claim, claiming that "no official album [is] being released and supported by ...
The Holliday Girls are also featured in supporting roles. Etta Candy appears as a Lieutenant of United States Air Force. She ... She called her plane the "invisible plane". Beatrice Colen portrayed Etta in the first season of Wonder Woman which aired from ... This took place following the Infinite Crisis which altered Diana's origins and to an extent the origins of her supporting cast ... Etta appears as a major supporting character in the Wonder Woman story serialized in Wednesday Comics. In the alternate reality ...
Jack Griffin, aka the Invisible Man in the classic science fiction-horror film The Invisible Man. The film was directed by ... The film stars Virginia Bruce in the lead role and John Barrymore in a supporting role. Reviews from critics were mixed. ... The Invisible Woman was released. It is the third film in the Invisible Man film series. This film was more of a screwball ... "invisible man" that were largely unrelated to Wells' original story. The Invisible Man is known for its clever and ...
"Miracle-Ear Announces 100% Invisible Hearing Aid". PR Web. January 31, 2011. "New Aquavi Hearing Aid From Miracle-Ear Supports ... The Invisible Hearing Aid: Miracle-Ear Mirage. Miracle-Ear.com. "New Miracle-Ear GENIUS™ Technology Provides Better than Normal ... The Mirage, an invisible CIC (completely-in-the-canal) hearing aid, uses microtechnology and includes feedback cancellation, ... In early 2011 the company announced the Miracle-Ear Mirage, an invisible completely in the canal hearing aid that fits deep in ...
Elvira Dyangani Ose
This position was supported by the Guaranty Trust Bank of Nigeria. From 2012 to 2014, Ose was responsible for the Across the ... From 2009 to 2010, Ose curated Arte Invisible. In 2010, she also curated Carrie Mae Weems: Social Studies, as well as being ...
Support of time stamp servers is provided. Batch signing feature allows for signing multiple documents in one run. Both visible ... and invisible signatures can be produced. Visible signatures can be positioned everywhere in the document using mouse cursor. ... The tool supports and manages certificates from file key stores (PFX/PKCS#12), smartcards, USB sticks (PKCS#11) and internal ...
The album was supported by the singles "Come & Save Me" and "Bang 'Em Up". Harvey was married to dancer Natasha Carnegie with ... In 2014, he released a new single, "Invisible". In 2019, Harvey was making music with rapper Cryptik Soul. He was featured in ... "Invisible" 2019 : "Come & Save Me" (Cryptik Soul featuring Brian Harvey and Shotti) 2019 : "Bang 'Em Up" (Cryptik Soul ...
Protestors said IGC supported terrorism because a section on the Web pages contained materials on the terrorist group ETA, ... Verton, Dan (2003). Black Ice: The Invisible Threat of Cyber-terrorism. Osborne/McGraw-Hill, U.S. ISBN 978-0-07-222787-1. ... E-mail was tied up and undeliverable to the ISP's users, and support lines were tied up with people who couldn't get their mail ... They demanded that IGC stop hosting the Web site for the Euskal Herria Journal, a New York-based publication supporting Basque ...
Sympathetic to Silas and offers him practical support in raising the child. Ben Winthrop, wheelwright, largely invisible in the ... More practical help and support in bringing up the child is provided by Dolly Winthrop, a kindly neighbour of Marner's. Dolly's ... Priscilla Lammeter, Nancy's plain, unmarried older sister, who supports Nancy and their father. Aaron Winthrop: son of Dolly, ...
Supporting gangster and villain roles. Still from the Invisible Stripes trailer ... His breakthrough from supporting roles to stardom came with High Sierra (1941) and The Maltese Falcon (1941), considered one of ... Bogart then had a supporting role in Bad Sister (1931) with Bette Davis. Decades later, Tracy and Bogart planned to make ... It was Bogart's last major film as a gangster; a supporting role followed in The Big Shot, released in 1942. He worked well ...
Divine Light Mission
In the US, UK, France and Australia, Elan Vital was formed to replace the DLM in supporting Rawat in his role as teacher. Shri ... Since then the Elan Vital has been "virtually invisible." Rawat stopped granting interviews and making public announcements of ... As of 2008, he has continued to write, lecture, and tour with the support of the Elan Vital and the Prem Rawat Foundation. In ... Related organizations that support the dissemination of Rawat's message are funded by donations. According to the Prem Rawat ...
Invisible No More' Is a Chilling History of Police Violence Against Women of Color". Pacific Standard. Retrieved 2021-01-19. ... Ritchie, Andrea J.; Maynard, Robyn (2020-04-09). "Black Communities Need Support, Not a Coronavirus Police State". Vice. ... She is the author of Invisible No More, a history of state violence against women of color. Ritchie attended Cornell University ... Haynes, Christina S. (2019-09-01). "Andrea J. Ritchie, Invisible No More: Policing Violence against Black Women and Women of ...
Monarchism in Canada
Though there may be overlap, this concept should not be confused with royalism, the support of a particular monarch or dynasty ... Toporoski, Richard (1998). "The Invisible Crown". Monarchy Canada. Summer. Toronto: Monarchist League of Canada. 1998. Archived ... In Canada, monarchism, though it is sometimes mocked by its opponents, is driven by various factors: monarchists support the ... Camp, Dalton (23 August 1994). Monarchist League of Canada (ed.). A Crown for the 21st Century: Arguments in Support of ...
The first fundamental theorem is said to capture the logic of Adam Smith's invisible hand, though in general there is no reason ... The second states that given further restrictions, any Pareto efficient outcome can be supported as a competitive market ... The second fundamental theorem states that given further restrictions, any Pareto efficient outcome can be supported as a ... Pareto efficient allocation was supported as a competitive equilibrium for some set of prices. More generally, it suggests that ...
The number of lurkers is nearly double in technical support groups compared to health support groups. The nature of the topic ... Invisible Participants: How Cultural Capital Relates to Lurking Behavior. International World Wide Web Conference WWW 2006.CS1 ... Mo and Coulson found that lurkers on an online support group for HIV/AIDS did not differ from posters in their levels of care, ... The presence of lurkers is often the justification for receiving advertising support. Lurkers are often hard to track in ...
2020 Canadian pipeline and railway protests
All the blocked accounts had shared information about an online rally held on May 7 in support of the ongoing struggle against ... Forester, Brett (March 10, 2020). "The Delgamuukw decision: When the 'invisible people' won recognition". APTN National News. ... On February 24, in a statement signed and supported by over 200 Canadian lawyers and legal scholars, Beverly Jacobs and Sylvia ... "B.C. students join nationwide school walkout in support of Wet'suwet'en hereditary chiefs". cbc.ca. CBC News. March 4, 2020. ...
"Tagged memory support". www.lowrisc.org. Retrieved 2018-05-24. Cook, D.J. Measuring memory protection, accepted for 3rd ... The page tables are usually invisible to the process. Page tables make it easier to allocate additional memory, as each new ... Some systems, e.g., z/OS, support more than one page size. On some systems there are privileged instructions for storage access ... Most computer architectures which support paging also use pages as the basis for memory protection. A page table maps virtual ...
The Father is invisible to the Son. The Father created the Son in order to create humans. The father and the son are not ... Initially, Arius gained a great deal of support from other bishops in the Eastern Roman Empire. His early supporters included ... This widespread opposition to the Nicene Creed meant that Arius and the Arians enjoyed widespread sympathy and support. But at ... Because of this, Simonetti believes that by 341, Eusebius of Nicomedia had shifted his views from his earlier support of Arius ...
Remote control animal
Some professional dog trainers and their organizations oppose their use and some support them. Support for their use or calls ... Invisible fences. Main article: Pet fence. In 2007, it was reported that scientists at the Commonwealth Scientific and ... Some animal welfare organizations warn against their use or actively support a ban on their use or sale. Some ... Another type of invisible fence uses a buried wire that sends radio signals to activate shock collars worn by animals that are ...
Supporting the Invisible Minority - Educational Leadership
1994). Alone No More: Developing a School Support System for Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Youth. St. Paul, Minn.: Author. ... Support staff and services. Stratford guidance personnel have increasingly been supportive of gay and lesbian issues. Several ... Curriculum support. We have found that any teacher can transform the curriculum into an inclusive experience for students. For ... He encouraged us to continue in our support for equal education for all and cautioned moderation in our choice of actions. We ...
Invisible support - Wikipedia
The effects of invisible support on recipients have been extensively investigated, but the consequences of invisible support on ... Invisible support can be viewed on both ends of an exchange, in which the recipient is unaware of the support received and the ... In psychology, invisible support is a type of social support in which supportive exchanges are not visible to recipients. There ... For long-term support effects, it was found that only invisible emotional support predicted greater goal achievement across the ...
A caregiver's account of supporting his wife's recovery from invisible wounds > U.S. Air Force > Article...
The Air Force is committed to supporting Airmen living with invisible wounds by providing a wide range of resources to support ... A caregivers account of supporting his wifes recovery from invisible wounds. Invisible Wounds Initiative Program / Published ... Editor Note: Invisible wounds are as real and severe as physical wounds. If left untreated invisible wounds can have negative ... Justins inability to support his wife turned to a sense of frustration in their relationship.. After years of uncertainty, ...
Radiation Support for Your Immune System: We are under invisible siege - Global ResearchGlobal Research - Centre for Research...
Radiation Support for Your Immune System: We are under invisible siege. By Dr. Ilya Sandra Perlingieri ... Yet, it remains invisible, not reported by a corporate-controlled media, and thus off most peoples radar. It is criminal what ... I have had countless calls asking for more suggestions on how we can support our already compromised immune systems, as we are ... But it is important to support and protect your immune system, as best as possible. These are sensible precautions. If you are ...
Beyond eureka moments: supporting the invisible work of creativity and innovation
... Theresa Dirndorfer Anderson. Centre for ... The technical support most likely to support creative thinking is that which can present a searcher with ...a rich diversity of ... Anderson, T.D. (2011). Beyond eureka moments: supporting the invisible work of creativity and innovation Information Research ... This support is less about providing people with access to large amounts of information and more about supporting their ...
But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness Gift Shop - But You Dont Look Sick? support...
Handicap Parking and My Invisible Illness. I have an invisible illness. To look at me you would see a short, fat, middle-aged ... Being an invisible disease face myself w fibromyalgia, I love this site!!!! Thank you to the moon and back! ,3 ... Disclaimer: The owners and authors of this site do not promote, support, or recommend any particular website, product, ... make your status a lupus support or awareness message, blog about lupus, blog about your friends with lupus, Do something nice ...
But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness Lupus Information Archives - But You Dont...
Handicap Parking and My Invisible Illness. I have an invisible illness. To look at me you would see a short, fat, middle-aged ... Please help support.. It is the middle of October and you know what that means to us here at Butyoudontlooksick.com and in my ... Disclaimer: The owners and authors of this site do not promote, support, or recommend any particular website, product, ... make your status a lupus support or awareness message, blog about lupus, blog about your friends with lupus, Do something nice ...
Feeling Invisible? - Rest Ministries - Chronic Illness and Pain Support
There are different ways we can feel invisible:. *Sometimes we feel invisible because our disease seems to have taken over the ... If you have ever felt invisible & wondered if all that you were doing for a loved one, your family, or even to humor your ... Filed Under: Articles, Caregiver, Church Leader, Founders Blog, Invisible Illnesses, Parent of Ill or Disabled Child, Person w ... invisible illness, Religion and Spirituality, Rest Ministries ...
Don't be blind to invisible illnesses | How to support employees suffering in silence
Dont be blind to invisible illnesses , How to support employees suffering in silence. ... So, how can you support an employee who is living with an invisible illness? ... Dont be blind to invisible illnesses , How to support employees suffering in silence. ... Other invisible illnesses that often go undisclosed are bowel conditions, such as Crohns disease and Colitis, because they can ...
Brain Injury Blog With Free TBI Information BRAIN INJURY JOURNEY BULLETIN: "Caregivers - The Visible/Invisible TBI Support...
"Caregivers - The Visible and Invisible TBI Support Network". Click Here to sign up to receive a BULLETIN monthly!!!. May 2017. ... BRAIN INJURY JOURNEY BULLETIN: "Caregivers - The Visible/Invisible TBI Support Network" Posted By [email protected] On May ... SABI - Supporting Survivors and Caregivers after Brain Injury: A program for psychosocial support; Patty van Belle-Kusse and ... Excerpt taken from: Supporting Survivors and Caregivers after Brain Injury: A program for psychosocial support; Patty van Belle ...
invisible illness virtual conference Archives - Rest Ministries - Chronic Illness and Pain Support
... invisible illness, invisible illness news, invisible illness personal stories, invisible illness virtual conference, Invisible ... invisible illness, invisible illness news, invisible illness personal stories, invisible illness virtual conference, Invisible ... invisible illness, invisible illness news, invisible illness personal stories, invisible illness virtual conference, Invisible ... invisible illness, invisible illness news, invisible illness personal stories, invisible illness virtual conference, Invisible ...
The invisible killer all around us | Suicide Forum - Depression and Mental Health Support Forums and Chat - For People in Need
THE INVISIBLE KILLER Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every... ... The invisible killer all around us. Discussion in The Coffee House started by Hae-Gi, Apr 23, 2009. ... BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE: THE INVISIBLE KILLER. Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted ... Suicide Forum - Depression and Mental Health Support Forums and Chat - For People in Need ...
See3D: Redefining Hunting Camo. Safer, Yet Invisible to Deer by Barrie North - Kickstarter
Safer, Yet Invisible to Deer on Kickstarter! Be Seen. Be Safe. Be Invisible. A revolutionary camouflage for hunters that makes ... them invisible to deer yet highly visible to hunters. ... Support. * Select this reward. Pledge $25 or more About $25 ... Be Invisible. Deer do not see color like humans, blaze orange is invisible to them. But solid orange is seen as a large solid ... Be Invisible. A revolutionary camouflage for hunters that makes them invisible to deer yet highly visible to hunters. ...
New here - Foggy's 'Invisible Illness' Support | HealthUnlocked
Invisible Ink War: How Chemists Revealed Germany's Secret WW I Writing [Excerpt] - Scientific American
Invisible ink was a key method for spy communications throughout history ... Support our award-winning coverage of advances in science & technology.. See Subscription Options. Already a subscriber? Sign ... Invisible Ink War: How Chemists Revealed Germanys Secret WW I Writing [Excerpt]. Invisible ink was a key method for spy ... including the invisible-ink socks. They found ballpoint pens, a bottle of invisible ink, and rough and unglazed paper. Equally ...
From shell-shock to PTSD, a century of invisible war trauma | PBS NewsHour
Support our journalism. Learn more about Friends of the NewsHour.. Support for NewsHour Provided By ... From shell-shock to PTSD, a century of invisible war trauma. Nation Nov 11, 2018 1:35 PM EST In the wake of World War I, some ... https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/from-shell-shock-to-ptsd-a-century-of-invisible-war-trauma ...
An 'Invisible' Body Could Reduce Your Social Anxiety - Scientific American
Subjects tricked into thinking that they were invisible sweated less when a brush stroke was applied ... Support our award-winning coverage of advances in science & technology.. See Subscription Options. Already a subscriber? Sign ... An "Invisible" Body Could Reduce Your Social Anxiety. Subjects tricked into thinking that they were invisible sweated less when ... The idea was that, if people were to see their own bodies as invisible, they might think they were invisible to others, too. ...
The Gulf's Invisible Villain: Natural Gas - Mother Jones
Today, reader support makes up about two-thirds of our budget, allows us to dig deep on stories that matter, and lets us keep ... Today, reader support makes up about two-thirds of our budget, allows us to dig deep on stories that matter, and lets us keep ... The Gulfs Invisible Villain: Natural Gas. You cant see or smell the methane that poured into the ocean with the oil, but ... Support our journalism Help Mother Jones reporters dig deep with a tax-deductible donation. ...
Brain injuries in Iraq focus attention on invisible war wounds | PBS NewsHour
Support our journalism. Learn more about Friends of the NewsHour.. Support for NewsHour Provided By ... Brain injuries in Iraq focus attention on invisible war wounds. Health Jan 30, 2020 2:03 PM EST WASHINGTON (AP) - The spotlight ... became known as the invisible wounds of war. ... brain-injuries-in-iraq-focus-attention-on-invisible-war-wounds ... brain injuries suffered by American troops in Iraq this month is an example of Americas episodic attention to this invisible ...
Non-Motor Symptoms: Unraveling the 'Invisible' Face of Parkinson's Disease | The New York Academy of Sciences
Grant Support. This program is supported in part by a grant from Biogen.. The educational portion of this Program is supported ... The Biochemical Pharmacology Discussion Group is proudly supported by. *. *. *. *. *. Mission Partner support for the Frontiers ... The Biochemical Pharmacology Discussion Group is proudly supported by. *. *. *. *. *. Mission Partner support for the Frontiers ... Support Us*Log In. The Dashboard allows you to focus on the Academy events, webinars and publications that are most relevant to ...
The Collision Chronicles: The invisible collisions we need to see - BikePortland.org
Support Our Work. Independent community journalism is vital and it needs your help to survive. Heres how you can help: ... BikePortland is supported by the community (that means you!). Please become a subsriber today. You can also make a one-time ... ️ Portlands community-supported, independent. media outlet devoted to cycling and low-car life. since 2005. ... The Collision Chronicles: The invisible collisions we need to see. Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 26th, ...
Guest opinion: The value of monitoring for invisible dangers | PostIndependent.com
Support Local Journalism. Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independents work possible. Your ... Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and ... General aviation doesnt just provide critical services in environmental disasters, but supports emergency and specialized ... financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.. ...
Invisible Internet regulation: The obscure, legalistic, and alarming ways the government shapes the future of technology.
Depression Support Group groups in The Colony - Meetup
Texas about Depression Support Group and meet people in your local community who share your interests. ... Depression Support Group groups in The Colony Heres a look at some Depression Support Group groups near The Colony. Sign me up ... Grapevine Coffee and Encouragement Mental Health Support Grapevine Coffee and Encouragement Mental Health Support 292 Members ...
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people - Beyond Blue
Support for the social emotional wellbeing and information on depression and anxiety among Aboriginal and Torres Strait ... Invisible discriminator. The Invisible Discriminator campaign highlights the impact of racism on the wellbeing of Aboriginal ... Support after suicide. Read about practical information for you, your family and friends about what to do and what to expect if ... Support Beyond Blue. Please help us improve the lives of people affected by anxiety, depression and suicide ...
Invisible/Hidden Disabilities: Even If You Can't See It, It Can Be a Disability | HubPages
An invisible disability (hidden disability), is any disability-something that significantly affects your normal life activities ... Support for People with Invisible Disabilities. People who suffer from invisible disabilities often dont get the support they ... Faking an Invisible Disability. Even worse than not supporting the victim of an invisible disability, people may accuse the ... Off-Duty Service Dog for Invisible Disability. River, an off-duty service dog for someone with an invisible disability , Source ...
'Invisible Forest' Curriculum · Institute for Systems...
EarthToDinner Event To Support Climate Action Posted on November 30, 2016 Earth To Dinner: In December 2015, 195 global leaders ... Invisible Forest Curriculum. systemsbiology.org/news/2016/08/13/invisible-forest-curriculum/ ... Exploring the Invisible Forest Posted on June 6, 2016 Gallery above: Dr. Anne Thompson and research assistant Allison Lee ... Whats the "invisible forest" and what does it have to do with environmental research? Dr. Anne Thompson who was in the Baliga ...
Los Angeles laughs at recent 'invisible summer' AP article | Watts Up With That?
Donate to support WUWT. Support our work: HERE The Maxim of our resolve. "Walk toward the fire. Dont worry about what they ... "The invisible summer, seamless from spring to fall," said Bill Patzert, a scientist at NASAs Jet Propulsion Laboratory who ... 69 thoughts on "Los Angeles laughs at recent invisible summer AP article" * DrDavid. says: ... Quick flashback 5-days ago: USA Today / AP: Californias invisible summer slips away and the obligatory image of the hooded ...
Nanoscale: Visualizing an Invisible World, By Kenneth S Deffeyes (author) & Stephen E Deffeyes (illustrator) | www...
Visualizing an Invisible World is a beautifully produced book, filled with engaging text and attractive illustrations, which ... provides a captivating tour of the invisible world of the nanoscale. ... Nanoscale: Visualizing an Invisible World, By Kenneth S Deffeyes (author) & Stephen E Deffeyes (illustrator). Marie Walsh ... Nanoscale: Visualizing an Invisible World is a beautifully produced book, filled with engaging text and attractive ...
A Novel Test of the GTO Implementation Support Intervention in Low Resource Settings: Year 1 Findings and Challenges | RAND
Girls Club sites that used the Getting to Outcomes implementation support tool had greater capacity to run the Making Proud ... Addressing the Invisible Wounds of War. * Helping Coastal Communities Plan for Climate Change. ... The study is novel in that it tests the impact of an implementation support intervention in low capacity settings and assesses ... A Novel Test of the GTO Implementation Support Intervention in Low Resource Settings. Year 1 Findings and Challenges ...
- Arthritis, diabetes, fibromyalgia and endometriosis all have 1 thing in common, they are all classed as an invisible illness. (wearethecity.com)
- So, how can you support an employee who is living with an invisible illness? (wearethecity.com)
- If an employee comes to you with an invisible illness, you may not know anything about their condition, but it's important to first ask how it affects them, rather than discussing generic details of the illness straight away. (wearethecity.com)
- If your business has dedicated HR professionals, they're the best place to go when 1 of your employees needs help to cope with an invisible illness at work. (wearethecity.com)
- I have recently had the pleasure of reading a book by Paul J. Donoghue, Ph.D., and Mary E. Siegel, Ph.D., titled Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired: Living with Invisible Chronic Illness . (prohealth.com)
- The authors are psychologists in private practice, and have for a number of years worked with individuals with Invisible Chronic Illness (ICI) and those who care for them. (prohealth.com)
- In the introduction to this new edition, the writers outline "certain themes related to invisible chronic illness (that) have surfaced over and over in our conversational question-and-answer sessions following our lectures. (prohealth.com)
- Do you feel lonely in your invisible illness? (restministries.org)
- Will you help us by blogging about invisible illness? (restministries.org)
- National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week is held annually in September and is a worldwide effort to bring together people who live with invisible chronic illness and those who love them. (restministries.org)
- What is an invisible illness? (restministries.org)
- National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week is an official annual campaign sponsored by Rest Ministries in collaboration with other sponsors. (restministries.org)
- The assault resulted in wounds both seen and unseen, a hip injury as well as invisible wounds that she would battle in the years that followed. (af.mil)
- Lisa received several surgeries to mend her physical wounds but the invisible ones persisted. (af.mil)
- It allowed them to hear from others about their struggles with invisible wounds. (af.mil)
- Survivors often suffered not just grievous physical wounds but also concussions that, along with psychological trauma, became known as the invisible wounds of war. (pbs.org)
- Lt. Gen. Dorothy Hogg, Air Force Surgeon General, talks with a veteran during a tour of the Air Force's first Invisible Wounds Center at the Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. The IWC will serve as a regional treatment center for post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, associated pain conditions and psychological injuries. (health.mil)
- EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. - The 96th Medical Group held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of the Air Force's first Invisible Wounds Center Aug. 30. (health.mil)
- Standing up this facility is just the first step of many in our commitment to care for our warriors with invisible wounds," she said. (health.mil)
- The center is ready to treat retirees, Guard, Reserve, and active duty members from our sister services who carry the weight of invisible wounds," said Hogg. (health.mil)
- This sends the message that we can talk about invisible wounds. (health.mil)
- He finds that thought reassuring because Americans believe this is the right model to treat invisible wounds, according to Hogg. (health.mil)
- When someone is afflicted with Invisible Wounds of War such as a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS), it also strikes at their emotions. (fallenheroesfund.org)
- Our military heroes are frequently afflicted with these Invisible Wounds of War , so much so that they've been referred to as the "signature wounds" of the current military engagements. (fallenheroesfund.org)
- These centers are specially equipped to treat our heroes Fighting The War Within , and help them manage the symptoms which accompany these Invisible Wounds of War . (fallenheroesfund.org)
- The Invisible Wounds of War often come with some heavy emotions. (fallenheroesfund.org)
- author of numerous books, most recently, The Invisible Wounds of War: Coming Home from Iraq and Afghanistan . (democracynow.org)
- We speak with Marguerite Guzmán Bouvard, whose new book is called "The Invisible Wounds of War: Coming Home from Iraq and Afghanistan. (democracynow.org)
- But, in reality, invisible illnesses are often not disclosed due to embarrassment, a lack of awareness or understanding, and a stigma surrounding certain conditions. (wearethecity.com)
- What illnesses can be invisible? (wearethecity.com)
- Other invisible illnesses that often go undisclosed are bowel conditions, such as Crohn's disease and Colitis , because they can cause awkward conversations and are often not very well understood. (wearethecity.com)
- As an employer, it's important to be able to deal with invisible illnesses that might affect your employee's ability to work as normal, but it can be difficult to know what your workers need from you. (wearethecity.com)
- Many apologies to those of you who have an invisible disability that I did not mention-I do not mean to forget, marginalize, or downplay your illnesses! (hubpages.com)
- The IBS Impact founder made contact recently with InvisAbilities, an organization which currently offers peer-run support and other programs for students with invisible disabilities or chronic illnesses, as well as public awareness activities related to invisible conditions, at three universities in Canada. (wordpress.com)
- After years of uncertainty, Lisa was diagnosed with PTSD and attended an Air Force Wounded Warrior Program (AFW2) CARE event in 2016 with the full support of her commanders. (af.mil)
- But unless Congress changes the law, natural gas will go on being the "invisible villain," as Jackie Savitz, director of pollution campaigns at the oceans advocacy group Oceana , put it. (motherjones.com)
- When people are under distress, visible support appears to be a short-term remedy to reassure recipients that they are cared for and supported. (wikipedia.org)
- If you have ever felt invisible & wondered if all that you were doing for a loved one, your family, or even to humor your physician, take a moment to watch this touching video by Nicole Johnson, as she explains that it's not about the people in our lives who may or may not "see" us, but the God who always sees us, who always knows, who always cares. (restministries.com)
- Not only is it important for the person with the brain injury to "know where she is at," it is also important for people in her network of caregivers to know so that they can provide appropriate support. (lapublishing.com)
- While these don't yet exist in reality, it is possible to give people the illusion that they're invisible, new research suggests. (scientificamerican.com)
- Using clever camera angles, virtual goggles and physical caresses, a team of researchers was able to make people feel as if they had an invisible body . (scientificamerican.com)
- In a previous study, Guterstam and his colleagues demonstrated that it was possible to trick people into feeling that an invisible hand was their own. (scientificamerican.com)
- In the new study, the researchers wanted to give people the illusion of an entirely invisible body. (scientificamerican.com)
- The idea was that, if people were to see their own bodies as invisible, they might think they were invisible to others, too. (scientificamerican.com)
- The Invisible Discriminator campaign highlights the impact of racism on the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. (beyondblue.org.au)
- The latest number I heard for the US was that around 80% of people receiving Social Security Disability Income ( SSDI ) had an invisible disability. (hubpages.com)
- In order to work towards real change and make cycling more inclusive, we call upon the industry, local authorities and central government to welcome and support all people to cycle. (road.cc)
- For the first two weeks there is an outpouring of sympathy and support, at least from most people that you know. (alternet.org)
- Burakumin literally means ``village people,'' but it describes an ``invisible'' group of Japanese who lead humbled lives on society's margins, victims of an ancient bigotry. (csmonitor.com)
- In traffic-clogged Southern California, plenty of people grasp the dangers of kids attending class close to busy roads and their largely invisible clouds of air pollution. (publicintegrity.org)
- Whether you're the kind of person who wants to analyse your feelings with your friends or someone who'd rather have a beer and forget it for a while, just be sure you have people around you to support you in the ways that work best for you. (medium.com)
- General aviation doesn't just provide critical services in environmental disasters, but supports emergency and specialized medical care, law enforcement, firefighting, and search and rescue. (postindependent.com)
- Over the course of one month, stressed individuals who reported low frequency of received support (but whose partner ranked his or her own actions as highly supportive) rated themselves low on anxiety and depression compared to other individuals who reported high frequency of received support. (wikipedia.org)
- Here's a look at some Depression Support Group groups near The Colony. (meetup.com)
- An Aboriginal male talks with two Elders, an Aunt and a woman about depression and the value of family, community and support services. (beyondblue.org.au)
- If your family needs support for anxiety, depression or other mental health conditions, a range of national health resources and information can help. (beyondblue.org.au)
- Every person with narcolepsy has a different experience with their symptoms and they are often more subtle and invisible than in media depictions. (medium.com)
- Lisa Goad, sought treatment for her PTSD, or post-traumatic stress disorder, that he reconsidered how to better support her and the Airmen that he mentors each day. (af.mil)
- The program also gave Justin and Lisa a support network and an outlet to share their experiences without judgement. (af.mil)
- Lisa Standaert, Au.D., Phonak Research Audiologist, provides insights on how invisible hearing aids, like Phonak Lyric, and rechargeable hearing aids, like Phonak Audéo Marvel™, can be great sources of hearing even with dexterity issues. (phonak.com)
- Is she healthy or does she have an invisible disability? (hubpages.com)
- An invisible disability , also known as a hidden disability, is any disability (something that significantly affects several of your major normal life activities) that isn't obvious to an onlooker. (hubpages.com)
- As I mentioned above, if you have one of the diseases listed above, that does not automatically mean that you have an invisible disability . (hubpages.com)
- Note that just because a disability may be invisible to the general public, virtually all-if not indeed all-invisible disabilities can be confirmed by doctors by CAT scan , MRI , bloodwork, PET scan , DNA analysis, spinal tap, or other standard or non-standard methods. (hubpages.com)
- A service dog for a person with an invisible disability. (hubpages.com)
- Being an invisible disease face myself w fibromyalgia, I love this site! (butyoudontlooksick.com)
- Sometimes we feel invisible because our disease seems to have taken over the ability for our real personality to shine through. (restministries.com)
- A group for support and sharing among those undertaking the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) for restoration of normal gut ecology and health in conditions including ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, coeliac disease and irritable bowel syndrome. (ei-resource.org)
- In a statement, NHS England said: "Sickle cell disease can be an extremely debilitating, distressing condition and NHS England is currently reviewing the way specialist services are provided to ensure that patients receive the highest standards of care, treatment and support. (buzzfeed.com)
- Having an "invisible" disease makes it is easy for doctors, friends, family members, and general members of the public to forget that just because we look well doesn't mean we feel well. (blogspot.com)
- Those with invisible diseases consequently are prone to feeling neglected, harassed, or misunderstood when the disease interferes with life's plans - fatigue results in an early end to an evening out, pain prevents one from inviting over company, nausea forces quiet isolation. (blogspot.com)
- Patients with invisible diseases are acutely aware of how their disease impacts themselves and others even though others aren't aware of the same. (blogspot.com)
- The invisible disease patient may choose to further remove him or herself from public activity because never making plans to go out just seems easier than once again experiencing feelings of being a downer or a burden. (blogspot.com)
- Some cope through family or community support. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- How Prevalent Are Invisible Disabilities in Our Society? (hubpages.com)
- You may be surprised to learn that the vast majority of disabilities fall into this category of "invisible disabilities" . (hubpages.com)
- What we refuse to see is that invisible disabilities are crippling our world, not just their sufferers. (hubpages.com)
- Especially with invisible disabilities, they will have a hard time accepting that you are truly disabled, just like everyone else in your life does. (hubpages.com)
- WASHINGTON (AP) - The spotlight on brain injuries suffered by American troops in Iraq this month is an example of America's episodic attention to this invisible war wound, which has affected hundreds of thousands over the past two decades but is not yet fully understood. (pbs.org)
- it has been found that the perception of support availability is inherently comforting, and can serve as a psychological safety-net that motivates self-reliant coping efforts in the face of stress. (wikipedia.org)
- The US has potential to be a significant market and the competition will be inexpensive c-Si… Unfortunately, and I have said this before, the incentives that the industry relies on are very expensive to support and this makes them inherently unstable. (eco-business.com)
- Justin followed her lead and took part in an event at Joint-Base San Antonio where he met other caregivers who shared their experiences supporting their warriors. (af.mil)
- I have had countless calls asking for more suggestions on how we can support our already compromised immune systems, as we are exposed daily to untold levels of radioactive elements that are now traveling world-wide. (globalresearch.ca)
- Roughly 57 lung cancer deaths per day are caused by a radioactive, invisible, odorless and tasteless gas lurking in millions of American homes. (paronline.com)
- The Innovator Award Program at Institute for Systems Biology is an annual internal initiative started in 2017 that aims to stimulate creativity, innovation and collaboration within ISB, to provide funding support for high-risk, high-reward projects, and to develop new technologies and discoveries that will impact the entire research organization. (systemsbiology.org)
- Note This is a "FAST PUBLISH" article created directly from within the Microsoft support organization. (microsoft.com)
- A recent article on the McGill chapter notes that the organization is open to all, including those with invisible conditions themselves, interested friends and anyone who believes in the cause. (wordpress.com)
- KANSAS CITY, March 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner Corporation ( CERN ), a global health care technology company, continues to support health systems around the world as they fight the COVID-19 pandemic. (yahoo.com)
- So I dunno, I guess I needed to vent about my frustration, I guess because I know Im not alone in feeling this way.I sometimes feel invisible because of Lupus. (dailystrength.org)
- If you would like to find out more about invisible hearing aids, our expert Audiologists are happy to give you and your loved ones a free demonstration and talk you through how the technology works to accommodate your hearing needs. (nhc.com.au)
- It's also considered an "invisible condition", which leads to sickle cell being widely misunderstood. (buzzfeed.com)
- 4. Global Clear Aligner (Invisible Braces) Market: Overview Clear Aligner Therapy is an orthodontic treatment in which the patient wears a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually move the teeth to improve bite function and/or esthetic appearance. (slideshare.net)
- This is owing to broad range of available patient-positioning components and accessories such as head sections, leg sections, arm supports and anesthesia frames which are easy to attach and dismantle through an intuitive, easy-to-use, coupling system. (medgadget.com)
- Disasters, social upheavals, economic collapses, massive suffering, death and rabid anti-American blowback have grown out of the invisible government's overthrow of democratically elected governments in Iran, Guatemala and Chile and the wars it fostered in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria. (commondreams.org)
- It should perhaps have caught our attention that Samantha Power, who literally wrote the book on humanitarian intervention (the Pulitzer-winning "A Problem From Hell: America and the Age of Genocide" ) and who had endorsed armed intervention in Bosnia and Rwanda, and at an earlier time in Iraq, did not support the invasion of Iraq in 2003. (reason.com)
- It was found that either type of support was more beneficial depending on the emotional distress that recipients felt at the time. (wikipedia.org)
- Visible emotional support (support through reassurance, encouragement, and understanding) was associated with perceptions of greater support and discussion success for recipients who felt greater distress during the discussion. (wikipedia.org)
- In contrast, invisible emotional support was not associated with recipients' post-discussion perceptions of support or discussion success. (wikipedia.org)
- For long-term support effects, it was found that only invisible emotional support predicted greater goal achievement across the following year. (wikipedia.org)
- Beyond Blue has developed a range of information to support the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. (beyondblue.org.au)
- We strive for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to achieve their best possible social and emotional wellbeing, and have access to culturally appropriate support. (beyondblue.org.au)
- These threads are used to invite discussion about the particular strategic contribution that the ISIC community might make in answer to calls for more creativity and greater support for the human spirit in all that we do. (informationr.net)
- BikePortland is supported by the community (that means you! (bikeportland.org)
- This short film has been created for Aboriginal workers to promote the importance of looking after yourself so that you may sustain and enjoy your job and support your community to the best of your ability. (beyondblue.org.au)
- This presentation describes Enhancing Quality Interventions Promoting Healthy Sexuality, a 5-year, cluster Hybrid Implementation RCT (Type II) testing how well a community-based setting (Boys & Girls Clubs, BGCs) conducts an EBP called Making Proud Choices (MPC) that aims to prevent teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, with and without an implementation support intervention called Getting To Outcomes (GTO). (rand.org)
- Cerner has taken steps to enhance and introduce new technology offerings, waive license fees for expansion of hospital beds, join with other companies to offer virtual health solutions, provide Cerner associate assistance and offer community support globally. (yahoo.com)
- Making the invisible visible: results of a community-led health survey following PFAS contamination of drinking water in Merrimack, New Hampshire. (nih.gov)
- This study provides a model for conducting community-based health studies to advocate for pathways to state supported biomonitoring and medical monitoring for those exposed to industrial toxins and to take into consideration the human health burden in shaping the future of chemical regulation. (nih.gov)
- It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you. (webmd.com)
- Now, more than ever, our health care clients are relying on our technology, capacity and flexibility in supporting their frontline work to care for patients. (yahoo.com)
- Field Hospital Support - Cerner is supporting hospitals and health systems' unique needs as they establish field hospitals and surge locations in places like parking lots, hotels and previously closed health facilities. (yahoo.com)
- IT Support - As the COVID-19 virus continues to spread, the loss of a single resource among hospital and health systems' IT departments (i.e. a staff member who contracts the virus or an employee who lacks the equipment to maintain operations remotely) could have implications to clients' ability to adapt and support their IT systems. (yahoo.com)
- As I have written in my book, "The Uterine Crisis": "invisible does not mean safe. (globalresearch.ca)
- By joining Slate Plus you support our work and get exclusive content. (slate.com)
- A substantial body of work has evidence to suggest that support is most effective when it is invisible or goes unnoticed by recipients. (wikipedia.org)
- A very visible eureka moment, we might argue, is the public performance, while the information work taking place in the background is the invisible work. (informationr.net)
- Every single day readers are supporting and encouraging me, telling me that my work is important to their lives too. (raptitude.com)
- Key recommendations include an extension of the UK Government's Cycle to Work Scheme to include those in low-income jobs, as well as support for those not in employment, to ensure that cost is not a barrier for anyone looking to purchase a bike. (road.cc)
- But there were many in the invisible government who wanted to obtain and exploit the results of these experiments and recruit the war criminals who had overseen them to work for U.S. intelligence services and the military. (commondreams.org)
- Relieve some stress out of care delivery - In addition to supporting clients and patients via virtual care, Cerner is assisting clients worldwide as they work to quickly implement emergency efforts to care for large volumes of COVID-19-positive patients. (yahoo.com)
- I went with Invisible Children to see the work they are doing there and to meet the kids who have survived so much and are now thriving. (crowdrise.com)
- A range of research, information, education and support strategies have been developed and will continue to be developed in consultation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations. (beyondblue.org.au)
- Dr. Anne Thompson and I have been working with eight teachers to begin the process of translating Anne's oceanography research on the Invisible Forest into curriculum that offers a hands-on, engaging experience for high school students. (systemsbiology.org)
- Experts and explorers have noted that many deep-sea fish have invisible teeth, but there was not a lot of research on them. (naturalnews.com)
- This is a report of Global Clear Aligner (Invisible Braces) Market: Trends & Opportunities (2013-18) researched by Daedal Research. (slideshare.net)
- 3. View Report Details The report entitled "Global Clear Aligner ( Invisible Braces) Market: Trends & Opportunities (2013-18) " provide an insight into the global dental industry with primary focus on the clear aligner category of Orthodontic segment. (slideshare.net)
- Operating tables provide an elevated surface that supports the patient's body during surgical procedures. (medgadget.com)
- But in order to build a self-sufficient industry that does not rely on government support, cost reduction is now of paramount importance. (eco-business.com)
- Furthermore, feeling invisible reduced the anxiety brought on by standing in front of an audience, the researchers found. (scientificamerican.com)
- At all times these enormous invisible forces are acting on your life, shaping what it feels like to be you. (raptitude.com)
- As I wade into the new landscape, I'm trying to remember to notice what invisible pressures are releasing (and mounting) as the terrain of my day-to-day life shifts, before they all congeal into "my normal day" and I lose track of what individual things are weighing on my mind. (raptitude.com)
- I remember the day that my wife and I were informed that she would not live a normal life and, indeed, would be unable to live at all without life support. (alternet.org)
- The latest digital invisible hearing aids seamlessly integrate into your life. (nhc.com.au)
- Nanoscale: Visualizing an Invisible World is a beautifully produced book, filled with engaging text and attractive illustrations, which provides a captivating tour of the 'invisible' world of the nanoscale. (scienceinschool.org)
- The invisible world. (istockphoto.com)
- They oversee a vast "black world," tasked with maintaining the invisible government's lock on power. (commondreams.org)
- In 1674, Antonie van Leeuwenhoek looked at a drop of lake water through his homemade microscope and discovered an invisible world that no one knew existed. (nytimes.com)
- Season 4 of the award-winning radio show about design, architecture and the 99% Invisible activity that shapes our world. (kickstarter.com)
- But marine scientists now fear that colorless, odorless natural gas that escaped from the ruptured well is also destroying the delicate ocean ecosystems-and BP might never be held accountable for the damage this "invisible villain" causes. (motherjones.com)
- Invisible support can be viewed on both ends of an exchange, in which the recipient is unaware of the support received and the provider enacts support in a skillful, subtle way. (wikipedia.org)
- For example, greater observed support enacted by intimate partners during couples' support-relevant exchanges have been shown to build feelings of closeness and support, boost positive mood and self-esteem, and foster greater goal achievement and relationship quality across time. (wikipedia.org)
- The two of them were unable to reconcile their feelings and find support in one another. (alternet.org)
- Invisible Internet regulation: The obscure, legalistic, and alarming ways the government shapes the future of technology. (slate.com)
- If you're new to Mother Jones or aren't yet sold on supporting our nonprofit reporting, please take a moment to read Monika Bauerlein's post about our priorities after these chaotic several years, and why this relatively quiet moment is also an urgent one for our democracy and Mother Jones ' bottom line -and if you find it compelling, please join us. (motherjones.com)
- However, those who have dexterity issues may find that the advancements in hearing aid technology and support have created solutions that can alleviate their fears. (phonak.com)
- Not all caregivers are visible - many are invisible and unknown. (lapublishing.com)
- Doing so will require us to not only support the creativity and innovation of others, but to be creative and innovative ourselves. (informationr.net)
- The study is novel in that it tests the impact of an implementation support intervention in low capacity settings and assesses capacity, implementation quality, and individual outcomes simultaneously and in both intervention and control conditions. (rand.org)
- Assessing the Implementation of the Chronic Care Model in Quality Improvement Collaboratives: Does Baseline System Support for Chronic Care Matter? (rand.org)
- Findings suggest a nonlinear relationship between the organizations' initial assessment of their systems' support for chronic care and their subsequent QI implementation performance. (rand.org)
- Teams that begin with middle levels of support had the greatest depth of implementation. (rand.org)
- In the two places where a child should feel safe and supported, gay and lesbian youth are routinely reviled: family and school. (ascd.org)
- I didn't understand how to support my warrior mentally and emotionally, which sometimes caused me to feel frustrated," he says. (af.mil)
- If you feel broken or very sad, there are many types of support and healing available. (beyondblue.org.au)
- When put together, these findings suggest that visible support and invisible support have unique functions for well-being. (wikipedia.org)
- They found that when the participants perceived themselves to be invisible, their heart rates were lower and they reported feeling less anxious. (scientificamerican.com)
- These sterilization programs found legal support in the Supreme Court. (nature.com)
- Mr. Chen, who was not to be found yesterday, may have to make himself invisible again. (nytimes.com)
- Truthout is a nonprofit and depends on your financial support. (truthout.org)