Communication, in the sense of cross-fertilization of ideas, involving two or more academic disciplines (such as the disciplines that comprise the cross-disciplinary field of bioethics, including the health and biological sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences and law). Also includes problems in communication stemming from differences in patterns of language usage in different academic or medical disciplines.
An international survey of medical ethics curricula in Asia. (1/1133)SETTING: Medical ethics education has become common, and the integrated ethics curriculum has been recommended in Western countries. It should be questioned whether there is one, universal method of teaching ethics applicable worldwide to medical schools, especially those in non-Western developing countries. OBJECTIVE: To characterise the medical ethics curricula at Asian medical schools. DESIGN: Mailed survey of 206 medical schools in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Australia and New Zealand. PARTICIPANTS: A total of 100 medical schools responded, a response rate of 49%, ranging from 23%-100% by country. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: The degree of integration of the ethics programme into the formal medical curriculum was measured by lecture time; whether compulsory or elective; whether separate courses or unit of other courses; number of courses; schedule; total length, and diversity of teachers' specialties. RESULTS: A total of 89 medical schools (89%) reported offering some courses in which ethical topics were taught. Separate medical ethics courses were mostly offered in all countries, and the structure of vertical integration was divided into four patterns. Most deans reported that physicians' obligations and patients' rights were the most important topics for their students. However, the evaluation was diverse for more concrete topics. CONCLUSION: Offering formal medical ethics education is a widespread feature of medical curricula throughout the study area. However, the kinds of programmes, especially with regard to integration into clinical teaching, were greatly diverse. (+info)
Clinical ethics revisited. (2/1133)A decade ago, we reviewed the field of clinical ethics; assessed its progress in research, education, and ethics committees and consultation; and made predictions about the future of the field. In this article, we revisit clinical ethics to examine our earlier observations, highlight key developments, and discuss remaining challenges for clinical ethics, including the need to develop a global perspective on clinical ethics problems. (+info)
The Council of Europe's first Symposium on Bioethics: Strasbourg, Dec 5-7 1989. (3/1133)This symposium discussed bioethics teaching, research and documentation and also research ethics committees. An international convention for the protection of the integrity of the human body was called for, as was a new European Committee on Ethics. 'The genetic impact' was a major preoccupation of the symposium. (+info)
Animal experiments: conference report.(4/1133)(+info)
Arguments at cross-purposes: moral epistemology and medical ethics. (5/1133)Different beliefs about the nature and justification of bioethics may reflect different assumptions in moral epistemology. Two alternative views (put forward by David Seedhouse and Michael H Kottow) are analysed and some speculative conclusions formed. The foundational questions raised here are by no means settled and deserve further attention. (+info)
The communication of information about older people between health and social care practitioners. (6/1133)AIM: to provide an evidence base for strategies, and effectiveness of the transfer of patient information between hospital and community for older people with physical illness. DESIGN: a systematic review of qualitative and quantitative literature. SEARCH STRATEGY: literature from medical, health-related and social science databases as well as work in progress from national databases, the Internet, British PhD theses and other grey literature and policy documents. SELECTION CRITERIA: literature relating to similar healthcare systems published between January 1994 and June 2000 on hospital discharge planning. Empirical studies from peer reviewed sources; theoretical papers from non-peer reviewed sources; research papers from non-peer reviewed sources and professional documents. DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS: extracted data from empirical studies under the headings of location, sector, research questions and study design and duration. We made structured summaries of all other data sources and used them to supply context and background. We categorized literature and analysed it in terms of method and analysis, quality and strength of evidence and its relevance to the research questions. We synthesized the results and presented them in terms of answers to our research questions. RESULTS: a database of 373 potentially relevant studies and of these, 53 were accepted for further analysis. Thirty-one were empirical studies, most of which were qualitative or a combination of qualitative and quantitative in design. The most effective strategy for transferring information is the appointment of a 'key worker', who can provide a point of contact for workers from hospital and community. Nevertheless, problems have arisen because both settings are under pressure and pursuing different goals. Neither setting is fully aware of the needs, limitations and pressures of the other. CONCLUSION: raised awareness and the establishment of common goals are the first steps needed to bridge the divide between health and social care staff in hospital and the community. (+info)
Don't cry for us Argentinians: two decades of teaching medical humanities. (7/1133)Medical humanities--history, literature, anthropology, ethics and fine arts applied to medicine--play an important role in medical education. For more than 20 years an effort has been made to obtain an academic identity for such a multidisciplinary approach. A distinction between humanitarianism and humanism is attempted here, the former being associated with medical care and the latter with medical education. In order more precisely to define the relationship between the arts and medicine, an alternative term "medical kalology", as-yet-unsanctioned, coined after the rules of medical terminology, is proposed. The Department of Medical Humanities in the School of Medicine, National University La Plata, submits the following apologia: Don't cry for us Argentinians, since the teaching of medical humanities has helped our doctors to function more truly humanistically during the past two decades, as we intend to continue with this calling in the future. (+info)
Society of pediatric psychology presidential address: opportunities for health promotion in primary care. (8/1133)OBJECTIVE: To set an agenda for health promotion in primary care settings. METHODS: This is a review of the scientific bases of child development as applied to pediatric psychology and health promotion. RESULTS: Primary care is an ideal setting for health promotion because there is a "hidden morbidity" of children with unrecognized and untreated behavioral and developmental problems that, if unresolved, may lead to psychiatric and physical disorders and increased use of the health care system. Although pediatric psychologists endorse the importance of health promotion, there are few examples in the literature involving pediatric psychologists. Recommendations are provided for a proactive agenda for health promotion programs involving pediatric psychologists in primary care. CONCLUSIONS: With conceptual homes in clinical and developmental psychology, expertise in theories of clinical and child development, scientific methods, and collaborative relationships with pediatricians, pediatric psychologists are in a unique position to develop and evaluate health promotion programs for use in primary care. (+info)
A grammar of business rules in Information Systems | Joubert | The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research in Southern Africa
The Journal for Transdisciplinary Research (TD) is a journal dedicated to promoting the concept of transdisciplinary research. It is aimed at creating knowledge with the collaboration of the formal sectors of the natural and human sciences as base. Over and above this, the intention is to focus on levels of knowledge that are to be found at grassroots level. It is important to explore this knowledge because it becomes the groundwork for further knowledge, which is often not confined to a fixed formal discipline or area of knowledge. The editorial team of the journal welcomes contributions of a theoretical nature, as well as material based on empirical research. Preference is given to southern Africa as a region of focus. However, should submitted articles show the potential for making a contribution towards our understanding of science beyond the confines of single disciplines, it would enjoy favourable consideration.
Improvement Projects Led by Unit-Based Teams of Nurse, Physician, and Quality Leaders Reduce Infections, Lower Costs, Improve...
As an ICU nurse in a large academic medical center, I have experienced first-hand the importance of interdisciplinary communication. The University of Pennsylvania Health System appears to have done an excellent job in creating a program that facilitates communication between nurse leaders and physicians. The data speaks for itself; better interdisciplinary communication and teamwork between specialties fosters better outcomes for patients. The idea of co-managing teams with physician and nursing leadership is crucial, and the introduction of project managers is an excellent way to take some of the burden for implementing these projects off of front line clinical staff. Transparency regarding outcomes and unit-wide rewards for successes are great ways to hold healthcare teams accountable and to ensure staff buy in. Knowledge sharing between units is also an excellent practice to ensure that the motivation for the project is felt hospital-wide. While the patient-related outcomes themselves are ...
Structured reporting of pelvic MRI leads to better treatment planning of uterine leiomyomas | springermedizin.de
Zurück zum Zitat Nörenberg D, Sommer WH, Thasler W et al (2017) Structured reporting of rectal magnetic resonance imaging in suspected primary rectal cancer: potential benefits for surgical planning and interdisciplinary communication. Invest Radiol 52:232-239 Nörenberg D, Sommer WH, Thasler W et al (2017) Structured reporting of rectal magnetic resonance imaging in suspected primary rectal cancer: potential benefits for surgical planning and interdisciplinary communication. Invest Radiol 52:232-239 ...
Interdisciplinary Communication | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
Moradian N, Ochs HD, Sedikies C, Hamblin MR, Camargo CA, Martinez JA, Biamonte JD, Abdollahi M, Torres PJ, Nieto JJ, Ogino S, Seymour JF, Abraham A, Cauda V, Gupta S, Ramakrishna S, Sellke FW, Sorooshian A, Wallace Hayes A, Martinez-Urbistondo M, Gupta M, Azadbakht L, Esmaillzadeh A, Kelishadi R, Esteghamati A, Emam-Djomeh Z, Majdzadeh R, Palit P, Badali H, Rao I, Saboury AA, Jagan Mohan Rao L, Ahmadieh H, Montazeri A, Fadini GP, Pauly D, Thomas S, Moosavi-Movahed AA, Aghamohammadi A, Behmanesh M, Rahimi-Movaghar V, Ghavami S, Mehran R, Uddin LQ, Von Herrath M, Mobasher B, Rezaei N. The urgent need for integrated science to fight COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. J Transl Med. 2020 05 19; 18(1):205 ...
Fostering social determinants of health transdisciplinary research: The collaborative research center for American Indian...
Dive into the research topics of Fostering social determinants of health transdisciplinary research: The collaborative research center for American Indian health. Together they form a unique fingerprint. ...
New NSF Transdisciplinary Research in Principles of Data Science (TRIPODS) Awards » CCC Blog
The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently announced $17.7 million in funding for 12 Transdisciplinary Research in Principles of Data Science (TRIPODS) projects, which will bring together the statistics, mathematics and theoretical computer science communities to develop the foundations of data science. Technological advances and unprecedented access to computing infrastructure have resulted in an explosion of data from different sources. The availability of these data - their volume and variety, and the speed at which they are collected - is transforming research in all fields of science and engineering. TRIPODS awards will enable data-driven discovery through major investments in state-of-the-art mathematical and statistical tools, better data mining and machine learning approaches, […]
Doing what with whom? Stakeholder analysis in a large transdisciplinary research project in South-East Asia | SpringerLink
The transdisciplinary research project LEGATO analysed the combined generation of provisioning, regulating and cultural ecosystem services in wet rice agri
Possibilities and limits of cross-disciplinary supervision: An exploratory study - Wintec Research Archive
Two apparently contradictory directions are current in supervision. In one direction, supervision has come to be understood as a discipline in its own right. This direction produces the possibility of cross-disciplinary supervision. In the second direction, professional regulation and membership require within-discipline supervision. This presentation will outline a small exploratory study that sought to investigate what is enabled and what is constrained in cross-disciplinary supervision. This qualitative study was based on semi-structured interviews with six supervisors from counselling, social work, and psychology, who supervised a wide range of other professionals in private practice and in health settings. Identified benefits of cross-disciplinary supervision include the value, to both supervisor and practitioner, when knowledge is shared between disciplines. Access to these benefits, however, appears to depend upon careful and skilled negotiation of agreements, including thorough ...
DoD Allocates $163M in Fiscal 2017 Multidisciplinary Research Funds to 23 Projects
The Defense Department has selected 23 multidisciplinary research projects to receive up to $163 million over five years as part of a grant program designed for U.S. universities.. DoD said Friday the Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative for fiscal 2017 will involve 55 academic institutions and complement other DoD efforts that support traditional, single-investigator university research grants.. The department awarded $162 million in MURI grants to 23 research projects during fiscal 2016.. Dale Ormond, principal director for research at DoDs Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, said MURI supports investigator teams that include more than one traditional science and engineering discipline in an effort to accelerate research progress.. Ormond added the program also helps educate and train graduate students in research.. The Army Research Office, Air Force Office of Scientific Research and Office of Naval Research solicited proposals in 23 topic ...
Development of a research agenda for percutaneous renal tumor ablation: Proceedings from a multidisciplinary research consensus...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Development of a research agenda for percutaneous renal tumor ablation. T2 - Proceedings from a multidisciplinary research consensus panel. AU - Georgiades, Christos S.. AU - Rodriguez, Ronald. AU - Littrup, Peter J.. AU - Frangakis, Constantine E.. AU - Leveille, Raymond. AU - Ahrar, Kamran. AU - Atwell, Thomas D.. AU - Cadeddu, Jeffrey A. AU - Trimmer, Clayton K. AU - Durack, Jeremy C.. AU - Hammers, Hans. AU - Meng, Maxwell V.. AU - Raman, Steven. AU - Solomon, Stephen B.. AU - Zagoria, Ronald J.. AU - McLennan, Gordon. AU - Laberge, Jeanne M.. AU - Gervais, Debra A.. AU - Kee, Stephen T.. PY - 2010/12/1. Y1 - 2010/12/1. KW - Abbreviations. KW - H-E. KW - Hematoxylin and eosin. KW - NADH. KW - Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. KW - RCC. KW - RCP. KW - RF. KW - Radiofrequency. KW - Renal cell carcinoma. KW - Research consensus panel. KW - SIR. KW - Society of Interventional Radiology. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=78649511987&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - ...
A repository based on a dynamically extensible data model supporting multidisciplinary research in neuroscience | BMC Medical...
Robust, extensible and distributed databases integrating clinical, imaging and molecular data represent a substantial challenge for modern neuroscience. It is even more difficult to provide extensible software environments able to effectively target the rapidly changing data requirements and structures of research experiments. There is an increasing request from the neuroscience community for software tools addressing technical challenges about: (i) supporting researchers in the medical field to carry out data analysis using integrated bioinformatics services and tools; (ii) handling multimodal/multiscale data and metadata, enabling the injection of several different data types according to structured schemas; (iii) providing high extensibility, in order to address different requirements deriving from a large variety of applications simply through a user runtime configuration. A dynamically extensible data structure supporting collaborative multidisciplinary research projects in neuroscience has been
INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS OF MULTIDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH ACADEMY
international journal of Management, IT and Engineering,international journal of marketing and Technology, international journals of Multidisciplinary research academy, IJMRA
Research Fields | Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials (Tohoku University, Japan) Center for...
Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials (Tohoku University, Japan) Center for Exploration of New Inorganic Materials(CENIM)ウエブサイトです。
About Our Research | GHUCCTS
GHUCCTS was founded on the CTSA philosophy of interdisciplinary communication and exchange that encourages partnerships and collaborations amongst organizations (academic, government and industry) involved with health care across our geographic region, as well as across our nation. Through multiple partnerships and collaborations, GHUCCTS is committed to transforming clinical and translational research by facilitating the adoption of new scientific advances into improvements in health care, particularly to underserved groups in our communities, including people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, people with disabilities, and older adults.
Vascular Viewpoints - Programs - ReachMD
How do you know which vascular access device is right for your patients? Or when to consult with other healthcare professionals on the team? These are just some of the questions vascular access teams face daily when caring for their patients, and theyre not easy ones to answer.. To help these teams optimize their approach in critical care settings, Vascular Viewpoints reviews the latest guidelines, patient-centered care decisions, interdisciplinary communication strategies, and more.. Content for this series is produced and controlled by ReachMD.. Sponsored ...
International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
The physical and chemical properties of electroactive and field responsive polymers and polymer molecules are being increasingly investigated for scientific study, technology development and commercialization by diverse scientific communities. In view of the rapid development and steadily increasing number of applications of polymers as active functional materials in a construction of integrated circuits and electronic and optoelectronic devices such as diodes, light-emitting diodes, switches, photovoltaic cells, analytical sensors, storage batteries, etc., a need for effective and clear communication among chemistry, polymer physics and materials communities is of increasing importance. Chemical acronyms for the polymers being used, terms for their properties and tools for characterization are diverse and used with inconsistency. It is the aim of this project to provide chemists, physicists and materials scientists with a useful glossary that can facilitate this interdisciplinary communication ...
News Archives | The Pacific Sentinel
The Pacific Sentinel magazine offers an inclusive forum incorporating in-depth content from the PSU community. The publication advocates on behalf of the marginalized, explores the merits of cultural artifacts, and initiates interdisciplinary communication. It is entirely student-run and published once a month.. ...
Dr. Jana Zscheischler - Biokum
Jaeger-Erben, M., Nagy, E., Schäfer, M., Süßbauer, E., Zscheischler, J. From talking politics to analysing practice: A plea for a grounded theory of transformation oriented research [Von der Programmatik zur Praxis - Ein Plädoyer für eine „Grounded Theory transformationsorientierter Forschung]. In GAIA-Ecological Perspectives for Science and Society, 27 (1), 117- 121.. Rogga, S., Zscheischler, J., Gaasch, N. How much real world lab is hidden in current transdisciplinary research practice. In GAIA-Ecological Perspectives for Science and Society, 27(1), 18-22.. Zscheischler, J., Rogga, S., Lange, A. The success of transdisciplinary research for sustainable land use - individual perceptions and assessment. In Sustainability Science, Online First.. ...
Re)discovering Grounded Theory for Cross-Disciplinary Qualitative Health Research. - Fingerprint - Edge Hill University
Dive into the research topics of (Re)discovering Grounded Theory for Cross-Disciplinary Qualitative Health Research.. Together they form a unique fingerprint. ...
Energy and Environmental Innovation Focus o New Berkley Cross-Disciplinary Center
Energy and environmental innovation is the focus of a new cross-disciplinary center housed at the University of California, Berkeley, that aims to promote viable global energy solutions.
NNI R&D Centers & Networks | Nano
Government funds for nanotechnology research have created some of the most sophisticated nanoscience laboratories in the world. In addition to providing the facilities, the NNI also has created programs to attract researchers across an array of disciplines to facilitate discoveries.. Centers and networks provide opportunities and support for multidisciplinary research among investigators from a variety of disciplines and from different research sectors, including academia, industry and government laboratories. Such multidisciplinary research not only leads to advances in knowledge but also fosters relationships that enhance the transition of basic research results to devices and other applications.. The multidisciplinary centers are listed below, organized by funding agency: ...
KAKEN - Research Projects | Multidisciplinary research on autophagy: from molecular mechanisms to disease states (KAKENHI-AREA...
Project Period (FY)：2013-06-28 - 2018-03-31, Research Category：Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas (Research in a proposed research area)
Epitome : International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research
Authors: Dr. Hari Pandhari Wangarwar, Assistant Professor in Economics, B.Y.K. (Sinnar) College of Commerce, Nashik- 05, MS, India Email: [email protected] ...
SCI Institute - Multidisciplinary Research - University of Utah - MedTech I.Q.
See Dr Chris Johnson and Scientific Computing and Imaging (SCI) Institute work at the University of Utah. Visualization, scientific computing, and image analys…
Tv3 Television interviews Dr Dalmau about a new neurodegenerative disease discovered by a multidisciplinary research by the...
LHospital Clínic ha descobert el que podria ser una malaltia neurodegenerativa desconeguda fins ara. El doctor Josep Dalmau, de lHospital Clínic, explica que el resultat daquesta investigació multidisciplinària és una malaltia tan nova que encara no té ni nom. Queda molta feina per fer. ...
AB0883 Cryopyrinopathy Detected in 10 Family Members of 4 Generations: Importance of Interdisciplinary Collaboration | Annals...
Results A 3-years old Caucasian boy was referred to the allergologyclinic by his primary care paediatrician for recurrent flares of non-pruritic urticarial rash from about 4 months of age. There were no other symptoms of note. Detailed family history suggested presence of rash in other family members.Working together, paediatric and adult rheumatologist detected additional 9 individuals suffering with variable combinations of fever episodes with rash (all), episodic arthritis, eye inflammation, hearing loss, headache and proteinuria (Graph 1, Table 1). Patients great grandmother died in 52 years of age from renal failure. Although renal biopsy was not performed at the time, presence of other symptoms as reported by her children made clinical diagnosis of MWS and amyloidosis very likely.. Genetic analysis of exon 3 of NLRP3 gene in affected individuals revealed heterozygous mutation c.1322C,T causing change of amino acids p.Ala441Val and prompted referral to the autoinflammatory disease centre ...
Interdisciplinary Collaborations • Bates Center • Penn Nursing
Penn Nursings Pat DAntonio PHD RN FAAN, Ware Professor of Nursing and Director of the Barbara Bates Center for the Study of the History of Nursing, wrote a piece for the American Journal of Nursings blog, Off the Charts. She offers up how history informs our present, and the nuances then and now of supportive care ...
Improving U.S. Cervical Cancer Screening Practice | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians
Grant Support: By the U.S. National Cancer Institute through a cooperative agreement (U54 CA164336; principal investigator, Cosette Wheeler, University of New Mexico), part of the Population-Based Research Optimizing Screening through Personalized Regimens (PROSPR) consortium. The overall aim of PROSPR is to conduct multisite, coordinated, transdisciplinary research to evaluate and improve cancer screening processes.. Disclosures: Drs. Kim and Campos report grants from U.S. National Cancer Institute during the conduct of the study. Dr. Cuzick reports grants from Qiagen, OncoHealth, and Genera and grants and other from Beckton Dickinson, Abbott, Hologic, Trovagene, and Cepheid during the conduct of the study. Dr. Castle reports personal fees from Guided Therapeutics, Inovio, Merck, Hologic, GE Healthcare, Cepheid, and ClearPath; personal fees and nonfinancial support from Roche and BD; and nonfinancial support from mtm and Qiagen outside the submitted work. Dr. Waxman reports grants from National ...
The Bone and Joint Institute | Western University
The Bone and Joint Institute positions Western as a global leader in research and innovation in musculoskeletal health. With over 145 members, the Institute brings together a critical mass of experts across disciplines to achieve high-impact transdisciplinary research for the benefit of millions of Canadians suffering from pain and reduced mobility.|/p| |p|Visit the |a href=http://boneandjoint.uwo.ca/ title=Bone and Joint Institute|Bone and Joint Institute|/a| website for additional information.|/p| |p||h4| Browse |i|The Bone and Joint Institute|/i| Publications|/h4||/p|
Research map - Advanced search for institutional research priorities - Hochschulkompass
Short description The research programme of the transdisciplinary research area Life and Health aims to understand life at a systems level and the interaction of these systems with the environment. A major goal is the development of novel strategies for improvement and conservation of human health. ...
The Sprawling Literature on Sprawl: Navigating Urban Studies Literature | CROSS-DISCIPLINARY URBAN...
This section of the seminar will provide an introduction to urban interdisciplinary research focusing on the risks and opportunities that such kind of research entails. It will then focus on literature review methodologies discussing the goals of literature reviews, data collection techniques, ways of classifying research, ways of mapping and analyzing ideas, and similar. Literature reviews of research on sprawl will be used and discussed ...
Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist - Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist Science and Technology Facilities Council Salary: £31,931 to £44,166 (dependent on qualifications and experience) Plus a recruitment and retention allowance of up to £4,000 per annum Contract Type: Permanent Hours: Full time/Part Time (minimum of 25 hours a week) Location: STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire Closing date: 22nd September 2021 About Us At the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), one of Europes largest multidisciplinary research organisations, the expertise of our computing staff is the key to making difference in research. STFCs Scientific Computing Department (SCD) develops leading-edge software, computer, and data storage infrastructures, to support the work of world-class science both within STFC and internationally. We work with the very latest technologies to advance science, particularly focussing on applied research. Whether it is the search for the Higgs Boson and dark matter, analysing climate
cross-disciplinary research | The Mad Scientist Confectioners Club
Large collaborative research projects, centers, or consortia have a single goal: to be funded for another round. Thats completely cynical, but it is not so far off the truth. The point of these projects is to advance science by bringing together many different experts in many different areas to do more than what could be done in a single R01-size endeavor. If there are no project-wide collaborative papers that come out of this effort going to high-profile journals there will be nothing- or very little- to make the claim that the project was successful. Why not just fund 3-8 R01-sized project that can work in isolation and accomplish the same thing or more? So publications are important.. The second thing to understand is that theres no such thing as a group-written paper, in my experience. Not truly. Someone always needs to step forward and take ownership of the paper to drive things forward otherwise its dead in the water. Maybe it can be two people, maybe it can be more- Ive never seen ...
Innovation in Education: Best Practices in Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration
When teachers from various disciplines combine their efforts and plan course curriculum to coordinate across fields of learning, students are the beneficiaries.
Welcome to MMVMB II! | Multiscale Methods and Validation in Medicine and Biology II
Biomechanics involves the study of the interactions of physical forces with biological systems at all scales, including molecular, cellular, tissue, organ, and species levels. The emerging field of Mechanobiology focuses on how cells produce and respond to mechanical forces, bridging the science of mechanics with the disciplines of biophysics and molecular biology. The theme of this conference is the linking of disparate spatial and temporal scales using experimentation, image analysis, visualization, and computing to investigate problems in biological and medicine science and technology. Discussions will relate to state-of-the-art research in computational sciences which investigate phenomena in Biomechanics and Mechanobiology. Emphasis will be placed on novel techniques in computing, experimentation, visualization, and multidisciplinary research approaches that demonstrate successful synergies; computational reconstruction of experimental findings; and experimental and visualization techniques ...
KAKEN - Research Projects | Relationship between finance and firm growth under low growth economy: cross-disciplinary study on...
Principal Investigator：KUTSUNA Kenji, Project Period (FY)：2012-04-01 - 2016-03-31, Research Category：Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B), Section：一般, Research Field：Public finance/Monetary economics
Cross-disciplinary: JD/MD Medicine • Penn Law
In order for a student to receive both degrees, he/she must complete the independent degree requirements of each program. For JD requirements, please see http://www.law.upenn.edu/academics/degrees.php. For MD requirements, please see http://www.med.upenn.edu/admissions/. Each school will make its own determinations as to which courses/credits from the sister school will count towards their degree with the goal of maximizing the interdisciplinary nature of the joint degree. Penn Law will count up to four courses/credit hours (evaluated on a case-by-case basis) taken at the Perelman School of Medicine towards the JD. The Perelman School of Medicine will accept the JD degree as fulfillment of the Scholarly Pursuit requirement towards the MD. Joint degree students must also satisfy the requirements of Penn Laws Public Interest Centers Pro Bono Program and fulfill their law senior writing and professional responsibility requirements. The student will be awarded each degree as it is completed. ...
To Die or Not To Die?: Cross-Disciplinary, Cultural, and Legal Perspectives on the Right to Choose Death | Annals of Internal...
Physicians, since Hippocrates, have taken an oath to serve as their patients advocate and to consider in their decisions only the patients best interests. This caring relationship between physicians and their patients is undergoing a remarkable evolutionary change that is associated with complex ethical decisions. In the past 10 years, numerous books and articles have been written about the right to die and the ethical dilemmas created by the technologic growth of medical science. This book adds its voice to these discussions and offers at least one new perspective. Seven of ten chapters provide the interpretations of various authors about ...
Organizations: : H: HIV/AIDS - healthfinder.gov
The Institute of Human Virology (IHV) is the first center in the United States - perhaps the world - to combine the disciplines of basic science, epidemiology and clinical research in a concerted effort to speed the discovery of diagnostics and therapeutics for a wide variety of chronic and deadly viral and immune disorders - most notably HIV, the cause of AIDS. The Institute, with its various laboratory and patient care facilities, is uniquely housed in a 100,000-square-foot building located in the center of Baltimore and our nations HIV/AIDS pandemic. IHV creates an environment where multidisciplinary research, education and clinical programs work closely together to expedite the scientific understanding of HIV/AIDS pathogenesis and to develop therapeutic interventions to make AIDS and virally-caused cancers manageable, if not curable, diseases. IHVs more than 300 employees include 73 faculty whose research efforts are focused in the area of chronic human viral infection and disease. At ...
Alcohol and Health
The International Centre for Lifecourse Studies in Society and Health (ICLS) is funded by the UK Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) RES-596-28-0001 (2008 - 2012) ES/J019119/1 (2013 - 2017). ICLS is a multidisciplinary research centre, directed by Professor Amanda Sacker, that supports research at UCL, University of Manchester, University of East London, University of Essex and Örebro University Hospital Sweden. ICLS is part of the UCL Department of Epidemiology and Public Health and the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care. ...
Staff Profile - Faculty of Medical Sciences - Newcastle University
My research programme aims at developing and testing a) interventions to change behaviours relevant to health and health care, b) theory of behaviour change and c) research methods for behavioural research. I am passionate about contributing to the development of an evidence-based science of behaviour change. My research covers a range of behaviours of patients, members of the public and health care professionals and a range of methodologies including randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews, experiments, predictive studies and n-of-1 studies. Much of my empirical work is conducted in interdisciplinary collaboration and I have a particular focus on capacity development and training. I am currently fully funded as a member of staff in Fuse, UK Clinical Research Collaboration Centre for Translational Research in Public Health, funded by the British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research UK, Economic and Social Research Council, Medical Research Council, the National Institute for Health ...
Positives About Negative: Triple-negative progression to be studied
CARLSBAD & LA JOLLA, Calif., Aug 05, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Life Technologies Corporation and the University of California at San Diego Moores Cancer Center today announced a partnership to use SOLiD(TM) 4 genomic analysis technology in a research program to study chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), a cancer of the white blood cells. The CLL research is made possible by funding from the National Institutes of Health and will enable scientists to survey the whole transcriptomes of 96 CLL tumor samples for potential biomarkers. CLL is one of four main types of leukemia, which primarily affects adults averaging 70 years old, and causes a slow increase in the number of white blood cells called B cells in the bone marrow. The cancerous cells spread from the marrow to the blood, and can also affect the lymph nodes and other organs, such as the liver and spleen. CLL eventually causes the bone marrow to fail and weakens the immune system. A multidisciplinary research team from Life Technologies and ...
Endeavor Scientists Program | Child Mind Institute
Through its Endeavor Scientist Program the Child Mind Institute supports collaborative, multidisciplinary research advancing our understanding of the brain.
Innovation Policy and Support - seerc
Innovation Policy and Support (IPS) cluster is focusing on multidisciplinary research on Knowledge, Research and Innovation. It addresses especially the complex dynamics of the innovation triple-helix (academia, industry, government) and contacts researh that is relevent to decision makers as well a
Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research
The Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research was launched on 1st July 1999 at the University of Bristol. It is dedicated to multidisciplinary research on poverty in both the industrialised and developing world. Over 50 academics in the Faculties of Social Sciences and Law, Medicine and Dentistry, Engineering and Science, together with colleagues from The Policy Press, are involved in a research-based initiative with the following aims: ...
2 funded PhD positions in Geotechnical Engineering, UPC, Barcelona | Alert Geomaterials
There are two PhD positions available in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UPC BarcelonaTECH, in the Division of Geotechnical Engineering and Geosciences (pdf file available here).. The successful candidates will work within the framework of the multidisciplinary research project EROSLOP Multiscale analysis of soil erosion in steep slopes (https://eroslop.upc.edu) EROSLOP is an ambitious project gathering teams from different disciplines. It involves the study and modelling of erosion processes under climatic actions at different scales and in different materials and environments: granular materials (in till debris flow catchments), silty compacted materials (for man-made embankments) and degraded hard clays (in bad lands slope reliefs). Research includes laboratory works, field surveys, recognition campaigns, sites monitoring and modelling works. The pursued objective is the integration of the processes and factors identified at the different scales within a ...
The mission of the CVR is to carry out multidisciplinary research on viruses and viral diseases of humans and animals, translating the knowledge gained for the improvement of human and animal health. Contagious Thinking will act as a hub to communicate that science in an accurate, fun and engaging way through written articles, audio podcasts and video footage, produced by our staff and students. We encourage all feedback and dialogue.. ...
DPhil in Womens and Reproductive Health | University of Oxford
About the courseThe DPhil in Womens and Reproductive Health offers a wide range of opportunities to carry out multidisciplinary research on important issues in human reproduction and applied basic science.
Conservation Development Has Some Developers Thinking, and Seeing Green
Homes in neighborhoods that incorporate protected open space command prices 20 to 29 percent higher than those without open space, according to a new study by a Colorado State University multidisciplinary research team that included Wildlife Conservation Society scientist, Sarah Reed.
Existential Issues in Elderly People With Cancer - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Existential and spiritual issues in elderly people with cancer are scarcely investigated with respect to the content and importance of these aspects to this patient group in terms of living with their disease and benefit from specialist health treatment and care. The present study is an independent doctoral study that also has an initial function for an intended multidisciplinary research project with the working title Aged people with cancer ...
Southeast Asia Interdisciplinary Development Institute
Electronic technology facilitates communications between parties. An open calendar policy allows a learner to begin at any ... The Southeast Asia Interdisciplinary Development Institute Graduate School of Organization Development and Planning (also known ... "Southeast Asia Interdisciplinary Development Institute , University Directory". www.university-directory.eu. Retrieved 2022-12- ... "Southeast Asia Interdisciplinary Development Institute". Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias. Retrieved 2022-12-02. "SAIDI ...
Columbia College Chicago
Interdisciplinary Arts; Journalism; Marketing Communication; Radio; and Television. Columbia has a nontraditional campus ... The executive board, or E-Board, consists of the president, executive vice president, vice president of communications, vice ... and other mass-communication areas. Alexandroff also oversaw the development of the extension campuses of the school, Columbia ... Communication and Media Innovation, Music, and Business & Entrepreneurship students. Located at 600 S. Michigan Avenue, ...
In retirement from the Macy Foundation, Fremont-Smith began the Interdisciplinary Communications Program (1968-1976) at the ... "The Interdisciplinary Conference." AIBS Bulletin, vol. 11, no. 2 (April 1961), pp. 17-32. "The Interdisciplinary Conference." J ... Interdisciplinary Communications Program, Records, 1968-1976 Rich, Motoko (Sep. 7, 2007). "Eliot Fremont-Smith, 78, Former ... "Communication Across Scientific Disciplines." J Child Asthma Res Inst Hosp Denver, vol. 1 (March 1961), pp. 4-14. " ...
James, F.A.J.L. (18 July 2013). "The Royal Institution of Great Britain: 200 years of scientific discovery and communication". ... Interdisciplinary Science Reviews. 24 (3): 225-231. doi:10.1179/030801899678777. Turner, Edward (1841). Liebig, Justus; Gregory ...
Schwartz, Brian (21 August 2014). "Communicating Science through the Performing Arts". Interdisciplinary Science Reviews. 39 (3 ... but evidence-based science communication aims to bridge research and practice in science communication. Science communication ... Online communication also allows for both one-way and two-way communication, depending on the audience's and the author's ... There is a field of research on science communication that, for decades, had only limited influence on science communication ...
Musholt, Kristina (2018-04-03). "Self and others". Interdisciplinary Science Reviews. 43 (2): 136-145. doi:10.1080/ ... For definition, see Communication Communication Ethics is how a person uses language, media, journalism, and creates ... James Chesebro describes Communication Ethics to be, "[E]thical standards in communication should reflect more universal, ... "National Communication Association Reaffirms the Importance of Preserving Free and Responsible Communication". National ...
Communications, Film & Television Management. * Interdisciplinary majors. Not offered as minors. Only offered as majors. No ... Communications, Film & Television Management, Communication Studies**. Optional four-year undergraduate degrees and their ... BBA (Communications Management) (Hons)- Advertising & Branding, Digital Marketing & ... Postgraduate Programs - FLAME University offers MBA, MBA (Communications Management), Postgraduate Program in Entrepreneurship ...
The authors explained, "rhetorical studies has theorized 'shit' in terms of the communication of transformation, style, and ... Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Water. 2: 9-20. doi:10.1002/wat2.1055. S2CID 109255503. Kal, K. & Chambers, R. (2008). ... Johnson, Kevin A.; McDonald, Brandon (Winter 2017). "Points de sensorium, the stank, and the communication of bullshit". Review ... "Obscene, Indecent and Profane Broadcasts". Federal Communications Commission. 11 December 2015. Retrieved 26 April 2022. Galvin ...
Andrejevic, Mark (2021). "Automated surveillance". Routledge handbook of digital media and communication. Leah A. Lievrouw, ... Raats, Kaspar; Fors, Vaike; Pink, Sarah (2020-09-01). "Trusting autonomous vehicles: An interdisciplinary approach". ... and media and communications. The automation of media content and algorithmically driven news, video and other content via ... Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives. 7: 100201. doi:10.1016/j.trip.2020.100201. ISSN 2590-1982. S2CID ...
McCormick, M. (2003). "Rats, communications, and plague: Toward an ecological history" (PDF). Journal of Interdisciplinary ... In non-kin communication, where more permanent odor markers are required, as at territorial borders, then non-volatile major ... The urine of many rodents (e.g. voles, degus, mice, rats) strongly reflects UV light and this may be used in communication by ... The tail is sometimes used for communication, as when beavers slap their tails on the water surface or house mice rattle their ...
The Centre has also developed studies on journalism and communication. Fields of research at the Center include the " ... to stimulate interdisciplinary approaches. Over the years, CIRSDIG has carried out a number of scientific research projects, ... with particular focus on the aspects of communication and information law; to implement Ph.D. courses, awards, and scholarships ... "Theory of Information and Communication" at the University of Macerata); to promote the exchange of information among scholars ...
Consequently, the future of nonverbal communication may lie where it started; as an interdisciplinary venture. In a research ... The study of nonverbal communication was invented in the 1950s primarily as a cross-disciplinary effort on the part of the ... Ambady and Marvin A. Hecht investigated the relationship between the study of nonverbal communication and psychology in their ... They used television as a communication medium to investigate the impacts of nonverbal bias on individuals. They discovered ...
Public defender (United States)
... interdisciplinary communication; 3) Advocates with an interdisciplinary skill set; 4) A robust understanding of, and connection ...
2016). Evaluating Interdisciplinary Research; the Elephant in the Peer-Reviewers' Room. Palgrave Communications Strang, V. ( ... Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews - WIREs: Water 1(1): 121-131. Strang, V. (2010). Water, Culture and Power: anthropological ... Interdisciplinary Science Reviews 40(2): 101-123. Strang, V. (2014). Fluid consistencies. Material relationality in human ... Strang's methodology is structured around her belief in interdisciplinary academia and collaborative research. Her work with ...
2004 Frank S. Barnes for pioneering an Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program (ITP) that produces leaders who bridge ... Among the contemporary areas needing emphasis are: communication skills; teamwork skills; "hands-on" experience; innovative ... and an interdisciplinary focus. Demonstrated impact on the above-cited emphasis areas and the transferability of the innovation ... interdisciplinary collaboration and global competencies. 2015 Simon Pitts and Michael B. Silevitch from Northeastern University ...
McCormick, M. (2003). "Rats, Communications, and Plague: Toward an Ecological History" (PDF). Journal of Interdisciplinary ...
McClain, William (2010). "Mechademia Volume 4: War/Time". International Journal of Communication. 4. Archived from the original ... Grabiner, Ellen (2011). "Review of Mechademia 4: War/Time". ImageTexT: Interdisciplinary Comics Studies. University of Florida ...
Thomas W. Malone
"The interdisciplinary study of coordination." ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 26.1 (1994): 87-119. Malone, T. W., Crowston, K., ... "Electronic markets and electronic hierarchies." Communications of the ACM 30.6 (1987): 484-497. Malone, Thomas W., and Mark R. ...
166,5 (2005) McCormick, Michael (Summer 2003). "Rats, Communications, and Plague: Toward an Ecological History". The Journal of ... The Journal of Interdisciplinary History. 37: 374. Engelmann L (July 2018). "Fumigating the Hygienic Model City: Bubonic Plague ... Nature Communications. 9 (1): 2234. Bibcode:2018NatCo...9.2234S. doi:10.1038/s41467-018-04550-9. PMC 5993720. PMID 29884871. ... Interdisciplinary History. 34 (1): 1-25. doi:10.1162/002219503322645439. JSTOR 3656705. S2CID 128567627. Travis J (21 October ...
Yelle, Robert A. (1 April 2005). "Christians and Missionaries in India: Cross-Cultural Communication since 1500. Edited by Eric ... 39.00". The Journal of Interdisciplinary History. 35 (4): 681-682. doi:10.1162/002219505323383059. ISSN 0022-1953. S2CID ...
"Communication and trust in global virtual teams." Journal of Computer‐Mediated Communication 3.4 (1998): 0-0. "DeSanctis ... "The interdisciplinary study of coordination." ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 26.1 (1994): 87-119. Jarvenpaa, Sirkka L., and ... In 2007 the Organizational Communication & Information Systems (OCIS) has initiated the Gerardine DeSanctis Dissertation Award ... Organizations and communication technology 173 (1990): 191. DeSanctis, Gerardine, and Marshall Scott Poole. "Capturing the ...
Audience segmentation and climate change communication". Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change. 5 (4): 441-459. doi: ... Climate communication or climate change communication is a field of environmental communication and science communication ... In "Climate Change Communication" (from Oxford's Communications Research Encyclopedia), communications scholar Amy E. Chadwick ... These methods of communication presently include scientific communication, knowledge transfer, social media, news media, and ...
Didelez, Vanessa (2007). "Statistical Causality" (PDF). In Østreng, Willy (ed.). Consilience: Interdisciplinary Communications ...
Although it won only one seat in the National Assembly (Toulon), thanks to a good communication director, it advanced to the ... Forchtner, Bernhard (September 2019). "Climate change and the far right". Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change. 10 ( ... Forchtner, Bernhard (2020). The Far Right and the Environment: Politics, Discourse and Communication. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-351 ... in charge of strategy and communication (2012-2017) Steeve Briois, in charge of local executives and supervision (2014-2018) ...
"Leslie DeChurch , Northwestern School of Communication". www.communication.northwestern.edu. Retrieved 2020-04-26. "Atlas Lab ... "Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research". www.ingroup.net. Retrieved 2020-04-26. "Microsoft Academic". academic.microsoft. ... "Leslie DeChurch , Northwestern School of Communication". www.communication.northwestern.edu. Retrieved 2020-04-26. "Eminent ... She is Chair of the Department of Communication Studies at Northwestern University and holds a courtesy appointment in the ...
CIM04: Conference on Interdisciplinary Musicology. Graz, Austria: Graz UP, 2004. 132-133. Discovery's Biggest Shows aired at 8: ... Sound; From Communications to Noise Pollution. Doubleday & Company, 1970. O'Keefe, Ciaran, and Sarah Angliss. The Subjective ... Animal communication: whales, elephants, hippopotamuses, rhinoceroses, giraffes, okapis, peacocks, and alligators are known to ... Both can be extremely loud (around 117 dB), allowing communication for many kilometres, with a possible maximum range of around ...
Brothers of Italy
Forchtne, Bernhard (2020). The Far Right and the Environment: Politics, Discourse and Communication. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-351- ... Forchtner, Bernhard (September 2019). "Climate change and the far right". Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change. 10 ( ...
Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-138-85023-1. Smith, Stacy L., et al. INCLUSION or ... USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, 2016, INCLUSION or INVISIBILITY? Comprehensive Annenberg Report on ...
Children's language communication is transformed from non-verbal communication to verbal communication from ages of one to five ... Schunova, Romana (2018). "LANGUAGE EDUCATION OF SENIORS AS A TOOL OF ACTIVE AGEING". Ad Alta: Journal of Interdisciplinary ... Their mastery of language is largely acquired naturally by living in a verbal communication environment. As long as we are good ... The rivalry between the two camps is intense, with little communication or cooperation between them. Over time, language ...
Abortion in China
Interdisciplinary Communications Program, Smithsonian Institution. 1976. Military Medicine. Association of Military Surgeons of ...
46, 486 Henry Louis Mencken, George Jean Nathan (October 19, 2009). The American Mercury, Volume 8. Garber Communications. It ... An Interdisciplinary Journal of the South (2006), Vol. 13 Issue 1/2, pp. 1-23. Smith, Jeffery A. (1993). "Impartiality and ... and this enabled him to set up the first national communications network. He was active in community affairs and colonial and ...
David King Dunaway
In addition, Dunaway is also the editor of Oral History: An Interdisciplinary Anthology (with Willa Baum; second edition, ... Dunaway is Professor of English and Communications (adjunct) at the University of New Mexico. Dunaway's published materials ...
Oncotype is an interdisciplinary design group since 1998. The main thread in Oncotype's projects is interaction, both on print ... Oncotype received the Danish Design Award 2001 in the category Digital Communication, for its website. Official website v t e v ...
ISBN 0-520-23839-7 Grant H. Kester, Conversation Pieces: Community and Communication in Modern Art, University of California ... His work has involved interdisciplinary processes and theory from sociology, systems analysis, cybernetics, semiotics and ... ISBN 0-520-23839-7 Grant H. Kester, Conversation Pieces: Community and Communication in Modern Art, University of California ... ISBN 978-0-9562605-6-7. Grant H. Kester, Conversation Pieces: Community and Communication in Modern Art, University of ...
Andrea Grimes Parker
... is an American computer scientist, researcher, and Associate Professor, known for her interdisciplinary ... "Community Wellness Informatics: Designing Technology for Health Equity". Brown Office of University Communications, Brown ...
Clive Robertson (artist)
He holds a PhD in Communication Studies from Concordia University, Montréal with a dissertation on artist-run culture as a ... a Calgary artist-run centre famous for its interdisciplinary focus including the production of the magazine, Centerfold (1976- ...
Hillel Abbe Shapiro
College of Medicine of South Africa; Interdisciplinary Symposium; Shapiro, H. A, eds. (1984). Medicine and health in developing ... Hogben's communication (1930) would later be taken to have shown in principle that Xenopus might be used as an indicator of the ... College of Medicine of South Africa; Interdisciplinary Symposium; Shapiro, H. A, eds. (1981). Rehabilitation: including the ... the College of Medicine of South Africa Third Interdisciplinary Symposium The scope and practice of forensic medicine Medical ...
Steve Parker (artist)
Foghorn Elegy, an installation of foghorns and communication tower about defunct forms of nautical communication commissioned ... Interdisciplinary artists, American trombonists, Living people, American male jazz musicians, Year of birth missing (living ...
Jane Jacobs Urban Communication Award for Naked City, Urban Communication Foundation (2012) C. Wright Mills Award from the ... more interdisciplinary approach were concerned with the role of the state and with analyzing how "urban space is produced ...
... is by nature interdisciplinary: it combines the contributions of literary theory, the history of literature, the fine arts and ... the new ways of dissemination in the age of communication. Likewise, it undertakes its object of study from its interrelation ... which means that modern myth criticism needs to be interdisciplinary. José Manuel Losada offers his own methodologic, ...
... has sharpened its research profile by defining competence fields and setting up interdisciplinary collaboration centres ... information and communication technology and energy and environment. The EU Research Support (EURS) provides services at TU ...
Bobo doll experiment
Falk, Richard (2019). The War System: An interdisciplinary Approach. pp. 141-142. Isom 1998 "Bandura AO3". PSYCHOLOGY WIZARD. ... Loye, David; Gorney, Roderic; Steele, Gary (1977). "An Experimental Field Study". Journal of Communication. 27 (3): 206-216. ... McGloin, Farrar & Fishlock (2015). "Triple whammy! Violent games and violent controllers". Journal of Communication. (Articles ... Yates to the Open Paper Competition of this regional Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication conference ...
Montessori educators give interdisciplinary lessons examining subjects ranging from biology and history to theology, which they ... There is some debate about the exact list, but the following are clearly identified: Abstraction Activity Communication ... Montessori, Maria (1969). "The Four Planes of Development". AMI Communications (2/3): 4-10. Grazzini, Camillo (Jan-Feb 1988). " ...
They formed what is called the "Abba' School," an interdisciplinary study center, to draw out a doctrine from the illuminations ... communication, interreligious and cultural dialogue. She felt that these "resurrections" came from the faithful love for Jesus ... offering interdisciplinary graduate programs based on the culture of unity. Throughout her life, Chiara became a protagonist ... Social Communications, St. John University, Bangkok, January 5, 1997 Philippines: Theology, Pontifical and Royal University of ...
Four Year Undergraduate Programme protests
The programme was structured such that it would be inter-disciplinary, which was not the case in the traditional honours ... communication and life skills, geographic and socio-economic diversity, environment and public health, and an applied language ...
Tai Tham script
In recent years, many Tai Tham Unicode fonts have been developed for web display and communications via smart phones. Google's ... Hartmann, John F. (1986). "The spread of South Indic scripts in Southeast Asia". Crossroads: An Interdisciplinary Journal of ...
Watson, James; Hill, Anne (2015). Communication: intercultural communication. London, UK: Bloomsbury. Hofstede, Geert (1 ... Geier, Denise (1 January 2013). "Cultural differences and the online classroom". Journal of Interdisciplinary Collaboration. 1 ... Madlock P. E. (2012). "The influence of power distance and communication on Mexican workers". International Journal of Business ... Malcolm Gladwell on Culture, Cockpit Communication and Plane Crashes, Wall Street Journal 2008 Malcolm Gladwell's Cockpit ...
Baba Hari Dass
A highly regarded renunciate and a Sanskrit Acharya, Maharaj was known for minimal verbal communication but lacked a large ... 1/2, Spring/Summer 2006; Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal; ISSN 0038-1861; https://www.jstor.org/stable/i40052851 ... He writes with a chalkboard." Even as continued silence would seem a radical but also inconvenient form of communication, ...
University of North London
School of Communications Technology and Mathematical Sciences (formerly schools of Electronic and Communications Engineering ... An interdisciplinary undergraduate scheme for inter-faculty combined honours degrees was managed centrally by the Academic ... 204 and 212) London: The Athlone Press, 1998 History of London College of Communication Archived 26 June 2007 at the Wayback ... formerly schools of Law and of Information and Communications Studies) School of Social Sciences (formerly Policy Studies, ...
Sandra J. Rosenthal
She is the leader of a highly interdisciplinary research team based at Vanderbilt University which is focused on endeavors that ... Communications, Vanderbilt Division of. "Rosenthal named winner of 2014 SEC Faculty Achievement Award". Vanderbilt University. ...
Between 2006 and 2008 Weiss taught at the Sammy Ofer School of Communication at the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center (IDC). ... in communications at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and in 1996 was certified as an attorney. In 2001 Weiss earned her LL.M ...
Lasnik, Howard (2010). "Government-binding/principles and parameters theory". Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Cognitive ... Psychology of Language and Communication. 20 (1): 73-91. doi:10.1515/plc-2016-0004. S2CID 152036877. van Schaaik, Gerjan ( ...
A "Conference on Systematic and Intuitive Methods in Engineering, Industrial Design, Architecture and Communications", held in ... and is an interdisciplinary group with many professions represented. In the USA, a similar Design Methods Group (DMG) was also ... communication). The UK's Design Council models the creative design process in four phases: Discover (insight into the problem ...
The investigation into the spying was conducted and published by Citizen Lab, a Canadian interdisciplinary laboratory, based at ... ex-Secretary of Communication of CDC) Diana Riba (ERC MEP) Dolors Mas (businesswoman) Elías Campo (doctor) (father of Elies ... Director of the Office of Strategy and Communication of the government, former deputy of ERC in the Parliament) Sonia Urpí ( ... strategic policy and high-level legal engagement at the confluence of information and communication technologies, human rights ...
Chris Smith (biologist)
With Emily Drew, Smith also teaches the interdisciplinary course "Race, Racism, and Human Genetics", which examines how ... Willamette University June 09, 2014 Biology professor Emma Coddington awarded NSF CAREER grant by University Communications ... 2013 Biology professor Chris Smith awarded NSF CAREER grant by University Communications Archived 2016-02-03 at the Wayback ...
Yves De Koninck
Division, Government of Canada, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Communications (May 2018). "NSERC ... Brockhouse Canada Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in Science and Engineering". www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca. Retrieved 2018-06-29 ... Brockhouse Canada Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in Science and Engineering (team award) 2017: Distinguished Career Award ... Brockhouse Canada Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in Science and Engineering - ...
Spiro, Neta; Himberg, Tommi (5 May 2016). "Analysing change in music therapy interactions of children with communication ... Lausberg, H.; Sloetjes, H. (2016). "The revised NEUROGES-ELAN system: An objective and reliable interdisciplinary analysis tool ... analysis of non-verbal communication and gesture analysis, and animal behavior. Several third-party tools have been developed ... "A Coding System with Independent Annotations of Gesture Forms and Functions during Verbal Communication: Development of a ...
Wallette, Anna (2009). "National histories: Sven Lagerbring and his channels of communication". Negotiating pasts in the Nordic ... countries : interdisciplinary studies in history and memory. Lund: Nordic Academic Press. pp. 99-120. ISBN 9789185509331. ...
List of fellows of the British Academy elected in the 2010s
"Election of 76 new Fellows to the British Academy celebrates interdisciplinary research". The British Academy. 19 July 2019. ... Professor of Communications, Goldsmiths University of London Charles Mitchell, Professor of Law, University College London ... Emeritus Professor of Media and Communications, Loughborough University; Visiting Professor, Sussex University; Visiting ...
The field is interdisciplinary and includes foundations in audiology, auditory neuroscience, computer science, data science, ... Communications Medicine. 2 (1): 1-11. doi:10.1038/s43856-022-00120-9. ISSN 2730-664X. Community, Nature Portfolio ... Computational biology, computational medicine, computational pathology are all interdisciplinary approaches to the life ...
Browsing by Subject "Interdisciplinary Communication"
Virtual Identity | Stream: Interdisciplinary Journal of Communication
The International Conference on Interdisciplinary Humanities and Communication Studies (ICIHCS-2023)
Our conference aims to examine how interdisciplinarity, the humanities, and communication interact. ... The International Conference on Interdisciplinary Humanities and Communication Studies (ICIHCS-2023) Conference online and in- ... Our conference aims to examine how interdisciplinarity, the humanities, and communication interact. Organized by: Eliwise ...
IARPC Webinar: Science Communication Lightning Talks for Effective Interdisciplinary Arctic Research | ARCUS
Collaborations invites attendance for a webinar titled Science Communication Lightning Talks for Effective Interdisciplinary ... To build the communication capacity and collaborative research potential of the next generation, IARPC Collaborations offers an ... Join this webinar to see examples of effective science communication, network outside of your discipline, and learn more about ... However, communication across disciplines is challenging due to discipline-specific standards and vocabularies. ...
Ethan Hillman - Interdisciplinary Life Science - PULSe - Purdue University
Laramy Enders - Interdisciplinary Life Science - PULSe - Purdue University
Enders, L., Girvin, J., Whitworth, J., Hefley, T., and C.M. Smith. Factors Affecting the Distribution and Abundance of Barley Yellow Dwarf Virus Vectors in Kansas. (In Review: Phytopathology). Enders, L. and N. Miller. 2016. Stress induced changes in abundance differ among obligate and facultative endosymbionts of the soybean aphid. Ecology and Evolution. 6(3): 818-829.. Enders, L. and L. Nunney. 2016. Reduction in the cumulative effect of stress-induced inbreeding depression due to intra-generational purging in Drosophila melanogaster. Heredity. 116(3): 304-313.. Enders, L. and N. Miller. Chapter 7: Molecular Stress Biology of Aphids. 2016. In Biology and Ecology of Aphids. CRC Press, Editor: Andreas Vilcinskas. Enders, L., Bickel, R., Brisson, J., Heng-Moss, T., Siegfried, B., Zera, A. and N. Miller. Abiotic and biotic stresses causing equivalent mortality induce highly variable transcriptional responses in the Soybean Aphid. 2014. G3: Genes, Genomes, and Genetics. 5(2): 261-270.. Stamm, M., ...
Interdisciplinary Studies, BA
Communication, Leadership, and Social Justice Utilize a critical lens to develop a foundation for analysis of oral and written ... Doris Alejos23 Interdisciplinary Studies. Chat With Students Why I chose SJSU. "Ive felt so supported in this program, from ... Interdisciplinary Studies, BA. Recent social movements in California and across the United States have highlighted the need for ... Our Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Educational and Community Leadership is located in the ...
"Reviewing the DEC Recommended Practices Through an Interdisciplinary L" by Anne Larson, Tricia Catalino et al.
Dr SHETH | Dean Interdisciplinary Research | Ph.D.(Environmental Engg), PhD (Law), ME (Civil) Gold Medallist, BE (Civil ), MBA ...
The purpose of this short communication was to give message to the students how important the body language is. Though the ... In todays world of competition undoubtedly, English communication skills has recently become one of the most controversial ... I had demonstrated the body language in the seminar and this short communication was... ...
Bachelor of Advanced Studies - Interdisciplinary Studies - The University of Sydney
Springer launches new interdisciplinary psychology journal | ...
Elizabeth Hawkins , Springer Nature , Communications. tel +49 6221 487 8130 , [email protected] ... Springer launches new interdisciplinary psychology journal Human Arenas will provide a new outlet for research into psychology ... The vision of the journal is to provide an interdisciplinary space for debate in which psychology researchers can share ... A scholarly peer-reviewed journal which promotes the interdisciplinary study of higher psychological functions in human ...
VRE for regional Interdisciplinary communities in Southeast Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean | VI-SEEM Project | Results |...
Internal and external communication platform, docs repository and mailing lists This deliverable describes the core components ... This deliverable is a plan on how to implement a marketing and communication strategy aiming at the promotion of the project ... VRE for regional Interdisciplinary communities in Southeast Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean. ... AEU - International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 73, 2017, Page(s) 119-128, ISSN 1434-8411 Publisher: Elsevier BV ...
About our doctoral education programme | Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication | Erasmus University Rotterdam
Interdisciplinary approach. Not only do we offer a huge diversity of topics, theories and research, but we also explicitly ... Want to know more about doing a PhD in Arts and Culture Studies, History or Media and Communication? Please contact [email protected] ...
Designing for Interdisciplinary Communication - SRG Partnership
People talk a lot about being interdisciplinary, but its not as easy as you might think. First, you need to provide ... These shared resources form a magnet for interdisciplinary science.. While designing an atrium "living room" for one discipline ... Providing spaces with equipment and resources to serve a cross section of interdisciplinary needs allows them to inspire and ... The popularity of digital communication and social media shows how much people appreciate communicating beyond their familiar ...
Eirik Slinning Karlsen - RITMO Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time and Motion
WOU Student Outcomes - Center for Professional Pathways
Interdisciplinary. Hawes Financial Group. Executive Administrative Assistant. Visual Communication. Legacy Real Estate. ... Communication Studies. Agency Producer. Associate Producer. Communication Studies. Mennonite Village. Compliance and Risk ... Communication Studies. TTSD. Learning Specialist Assistant. Communication Studies. Tigers Tualatin School District. Learning ...
eLCOSH : Falls: An Interdisciplinary Annotated Bibliography
We hypothesized that worker safety would improve with foremen training in fall prevention and safety communication. METHOD: ... Older Workers: An Interdisciplinary Annotated Bibliography * Prevention through Design (PtD): An Interdisciplinary Annotated ... Welding Fumes: An Interdisciplinary Annotated Bibliography * Noise and Hearing Loss: An Interdisciplinary Annotated ... Asbestos in Construction: An Interdisciplinary Annotated Bibliography * Ergonomic Hazards and WMSDs: An Interdisciplinary ...
Our Staff - Interdisciplinary Expertise for the Social Sciences - GESIS
Our interdisciplinary team conducts research on a wide range of social science topics and supports scientists in their research ... "Auditing the representation of migrants in image web search results." Humanities and Social Sciences Communications 9 (130): ... "One Does Not Simply Analyze Tracking Data: Challenges of Utilizing Large-Scale Tracking Collections for Communication Research ... "Algorithm Auditing at a Large-Scale: Insights From Search Engine Audits." 72nd Annual International Communication Association ...
Villanova Interdisciplinary Journal CONCEPT Showcases Graduate Student Scholarship | Villanova University
Master of Arts in Religion | Drew University
Public Writing and Media Communication. *One interdisciplinary seminar. 2. Area of Study (15 credits) ... MAR students can also self-declare an interdisciplinary area that combines courses in Drews signature interdisciplinary fields ... including the interdisciplinary areas) or by completing courses in the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies for concentrations ... the development of effective research and communication skills and specialized capstone experiences. ...
Results of search for 'au:'Interdisciplinary Communications Program.'' › WHO HQ Library catalog
Results of search for au:Interdisciplinary Communications Program. Refine your search. *. Availability. * Limit to ... Interdisciplinary Communications Program, 1967Availability: Items available for loan: WHO HQ (1)Call number: WQ 210 67CO V2. ... Interdisciplinary Communications Program, 1965Availability: Items available for loan: WHO HQ (1)Call number: WQ 210 65CO V1. ... by Conference on Fetal Homeostasis (2nd: 1966: Princeton, N.J.) , Wynn, Ralph Matthew , Interdisciplinary Communications ...
CUGH Conference Highlights Need for More Interdisciplinary Collaboration - Health Communication Capacity Collaborative - Social...
JAIDS Supplement 2014: Health Communication in HIV Prevention and Care. *JAIDS Supplement: Health Communication in HIV ... CUGH Conference Highlights Need for More Interdisciplinary Collaboration March 18, 2013. /0 Comments/in Uncategorized /by Laiah ... You are here: Home / HC3 Blog / Uncategorized / CUGH Conference Highlights Need for More Interdisciplinary Collaborati... ... Amanda Berman , Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, Senior Research Assistant. Kathryn Bertram , Johns Hopkins ...
Interdisciplinary Sustainable Design Pedagogy: Board Game Development (Pratt Earth Action Week)
Frontiers | Pre-6G Graduate Education of Communications Engineering
In this article, we articulate a set of existing problems with the graduation education of communications engineering and ... In this article, we articulate a set of existing problems with the graduation education of communications engineering and ... right time to investigate the potential impacts of 6G communications on the current graduate education system of communications ... right time to investigate the potential impacts of 6G communications on the current graduate education system of communications ...
NTHU Interdisciplinary Research Team Discovers the Secret to Success | Business Wire
Cross-species research conducted by an interdisciplinary research team at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) le ... This research has recently been published in the journal Communications Biology. Contacts. Holly Hsueh NTHU (886)3-5162006 hoyu ... HSINCHU, Taiwan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The key to success is not giving up! Cross-species research conducted by an interdisciplinary ...
Interdisciplinary Health Program (IHP) | Rady Faculty of Health Sciences | University of Manitoba
The Interdisciplinary Health Program (IHP) is a joint program between the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences in partnership with ... Written and oral communication skills. Explore the tabs to learn more about where your studies can take you. ... Interdisciplinary Health Program. The Interdisciplinary Health Program (IHP) is a joint program between the Rady Faculty of ... Interdisciplinary Health Program. 202 Human Ecology Building. 35 Chancellor Circle. University of Manitoba. Winnipeg, MB R3T ...
Bachelor of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies - Trinity College
Bachelors of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies Major designed for students whose vocational objectives draw from multiple ... Advanced skills in written communication,. *Advanced knowledge of the Western intellectual tradition, ... Interdisciplinary Studies Major. The Interdisciplinary Studies Major is designed for students whose vocational objectives draw ... Is the Interdisciplinary Studies Major is Right for Me?. Earning your BA is a great place to begin your professional journey. ...
ASEE PEER - Long-Distance Collaboration, International Perspective, and Social Responsibility through a Shared...
Students work in groupsthrough various online communication techniques to complete milestones set by faculty,including major ... Long-Distance Collaboration, International Perspective, and Social Responsibility through a Shared Interdisciplinary ... Students work in groupsthrough various online communication techniques to complete milestones set by faculty,including major ... Long-distance collaboration, international perspective, and social responsibility through a shared interdisciplinary ...
Sport Management | Lake Erie College
The sport management program is an interdisciplinary program designed to blend general management skills with the specific ... Students learn the history, legality, economics and communication system of sport.. Interdisciplinary Program The sport ... The sport management program is an interdisciplinary program designed to blend general management skills with the specific ... Students learn the history, legality, economics and communication system of sport.. Graduate Preparation. The intensive ...
StopAsianHate | California State University, Northridge
Department of Communication Studies. Jewish Studies Interdisciplinary Program Statement of Solidarity and Mourning. Jewish ... Communication Studies faculty and staff stand in solidarity with students, faculty, staff and community members of the Asian ... The Communication Studies Department is unequivocally committed to students of color, and Asian and Asian American students in ... Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication. I thank you for sharing this statement with the CSUN Community. The Mike ...
- Through the process of reflection and targeted group exercises, students will cultivate a deeper awareness of their own cultural nuances and the tools for effective collaboration with diverse teams in international / interdisciplinary working environments. (uni-mainz.de)
- It cultivates the students' soft skills and communication tools essential for successful international and interdisciplinary collaboration. (uni-mainz.de)
- Associate Professor of Graphic Design Fiona McGettigan and Director of the Valenti School Dr. Temple Northup led the interdisciplinary collaboration and selected three student proposals for installation. (uh.edu)
- Working in collaboration with your academic advisor, you will construct a coherent, interdisciplinary program of study that will meet both short-term career goals and lifelong potentials. (newhaven.edu)
- Skills in collaboration and communication are developed and applied to the creation and production of site-specific performances using storytelling, rehearsal and ensemble training techniques. (edu.au)
- Abby Zambruno and Riley Smith were selected as the winners from Dr. Rhodes' Social Media Strategies course collaboration with University Communications and Marketing. (francis.edu)
- The Purchase College Global Scholars Program (GSP) is a four-year co-curricular program designed to bring together like-minded students from across academic areas to develop skills in intercultural communication and create a forum for globally focused, interdisciplinary collaboration. (purchase.edu)
- Finally, the program will provide the necessary educational setting where excellence in education and research are fostered through interdisciplinary collaboration on regional problems of global significance. (cyi.ac.cy)
- To deal with the risk of emerging diseases with many un- developing science-based interventions to be imple- knowns, close and timely collaboration and communication mented by public health authorities seeking to effec- between science experts and policymakers are crucial to tively confront newly emerging infectious diseases. (cdc.gov)
- The Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC) Collaborations invites attendance for a webinar titled Science Communication Lightning Talks for Effective Interdisciplinary Arctic Research. (arcus.org)
- The IARPC Collaborations platform enables these interdisciplinary connections through its open meetings and website. (arcus.org)
- To build the communication capacity and collaborative research potential of the next generation, IARPC Collaborations offers an online training program for early career scientists. (arcus.org)
- During this webinar, early career scientists will present lightning talks on various topics in Arctic research designed to connect and network with scientists from other disciplines and lay the groundwork for forming new interdisciplinary collaborations. (arcus.org)
- Join this webinar to see examples of effective science communication, network outside of your discipline, and learn more about future science communication training and networking opportunities through IARPC Collaborations' new science communication forum. (arcus.org)
- Dr. Stroud believes strongly in the value of interdisciplinary collaborations. (cdc.gov)
- Because the PULSe program has faculty in many areas of life science research such as molecular microbiology, bioinformatics, and analytical chemistry, it not only allows me the opportunity to collaborate with experts on campus, but also to gain expertise in several interdisciplinary aspects myself. (purdue.edu)
- The Interdisciplinary Health Program (IHP) is a joint program between the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences in partnership with the Faculty of Arts. (umanitoba.ca)
- Students work in groupsthrough various online communication techniques to complete milestones set by faculty,including major reports for each phase of the design process, physical prototype, and a finalproduct with instruction manual. (asee.org)
- In the interdisciplinary, cross-faculty honours education of Utrecht University, students of various disciplines collaborate on a wide range of societal and scientific subjects. (uu.nl)
- Each seminar is developed and presented by an interdisciplinary pair of faculty. (wpi.edu)
- Accomplished faculty in the departments of Communication & Visual Arts , Entrepreneurship , and Marketing who serve as guides and mentors. (gcc.edu)
- And how do faculty assess aptitude of students in these interdisciplinary skills? (berkeley.edu)
- An assessment of the opportunities and challenges involved in interdisciplinary project-based learning, according to faculty and students. (berkeley.edu)
- Because interdisciplinary project-based learning is not the norm, it is crucial to understand what faculty and students see as the incentive for engaging in this type of learning and what are the challenges in offering it. (berkeley.edu)
- Some of our interdisciplinary activities manifest as joint, secondary, and affiliated appointments for Statistical Science faculty members. (duke.edu)
- Others take the form of interdisciplinary projects, typically funded by grants with Statistical Science faculty as PIs and co-PIs. (duke.edu)
- Being a PhD student at The Cyprus Institute has offered me many opportunities of professional growth, thanks to a well-prepared faculty staff and a rich program with interdisciplinary courses. (cyi.ac.cy)
- Objective: this literature review, aims to present to dental professionals information on deafblindness describing concepts, causes, and classifications, as well as to report communication methods, the need for dentist insertion in the multidisciplinary care team, and to define strategies to assist dental care of these patients. (bvsalud.org)
- International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies. (who.int)
- Humanities and Social Sciences Communications 9 (130): 13.04.2022. (gesis.org)
- Communication, in the sense of cross-fertilization of ideas, involving two or more academic disciplines (such as the disciplines that comprise the cross-disciplinary field of bioethics, including the health and biological sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences and law). (bvsalud.org)
- Our conference aims to examine how interdisciplinarity, the humanities, and communication interact. (conferencealerts.com)
- In 2009, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada funded a seven-year major collaborative research initiative known as Advancing Interdisciplinary Research in Singing (AIRS). (routledge.com)
- Public Culture, the award winning interdisciplinary social sciences and humanities journal, has a new editorial home in the Steinhardt Department of Media, Culture and Communication (MCC) at New York University. (nyu.edu)
- Our Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Educational and Community Leadership will prepare you to meet this need. (sjsu.edu)
- Interdisciplinary Studies combines a variety of academic disciplines including education and the social sciences and empowers students to promote change for social justice in their communities as they advance in their careers. (sjsu.edu)
- Our Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Educational and Community Leadership is located in the Department of Educational Leadership in our SJSU Lurie College of Education . (sjsu.edu)
- Want to know more about doing a PhD in Arts and Culture Studies, History or Media and Communication? (eur.nl)
- An optional concentration may be added to the degree by completing nine credits in any of the areas of study listed above (including the interdisciplinary areas) or by completing courses in the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies for concentrations in Liberal Studies or Teaching and Learning. (drew.edu)
- The Interdisciplinary Health Program (IHP) offers two four-year degree programs: Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc) and Bachelor of Health Studies (BHSt). (umanitoba.ca)
- The Interdisciplinary Studies Major is designed for students whose vocational objectives draw from multiple disciplines and who are seeking a well-rounded undergraduate education. (trinitycollege.edu)
- Dr. Mallo currently serves as the Advisor for the Associate of Arts degree in General Studies and Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. (trinitycollege.edu)
- Is the Interdisciplinary Studies Major is Right for Me? (trinitycollege.edu)
- The Jack J. Valenti School of Communication was established in his honor in 1978, and has grown to offer a variety of concentrations including Advertising, Film Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, and more. (uh.edu)
- Communication studies or communication science is an academic discipline that deals with processes of human communication and behavior , patterns of communication in interpersonal relationships , social interactions and communication in different cultures . (wikipedia.org)
-   Communication studies is a social science that uses various methods of empirical investigation and critical analysis to develop a body of knowledge that encompasses a range of topics, from face-to-face conversation at a level of individual agency and interaction to social and cultural communication systems at a macro level. (wikipedia.org)
- During this time, a renewed interest in the studies of rhetoric, such as persuasion and public address, was created, which ultimately laid the foundation for several of the forms of communication studies that we know of today. (wikipedia.org)
-  The focus of communication studies developed further in the 20th century, eventually including means of communication such as mass communication, interpersonal communication, and oral interpretation. (wikipedia.org)
-  Prior to being established as its own discipline, communication studies, was formed from three other major studies no: psychology, sociology, and political science. (wikipedia.org)
- Interdisciplinary Studies is perfect for people who are intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative," says Program Coordinator Meg Savilonis. (newhaven.edu)
- What Is An Interdisciplinary Studies Degree? (newhaven.edu)
- With our B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies, you will make these skills your own. (newhaven.edu)
- The Routledge Companion to Interdisciplinary Studies in Singing, Volume I: Development introduces the many voices necessary to better understand the act of singing-a complex human behaviour that emerges without deliberate training. (routledge.com)
- Across three volumes, The Routledge Companion to Interdisciplinary Studies in Singing consolidates the findings of each of these three questions, defining the current state of theory and research in the field. (routledge.com)
- Gray earned her M.Ed. in Educational Administration (1996) and BS in Interdisciplinary Studies (1993) from University of North Texas. (prestonwoodchristian.org)
- The interdisciplinary approach to SuToMa is reflected by involving HEI from different academic fields such as agriculture, tourism and business studies. (jade-hs.de)
- However, communication across disciplines is challenging due to discipline-specific standards and vocabularies. (arcus.org)
- The vision of the journal is to provide an interdisciplinary space for debate in which psychology researchers can share knowledge in dialogue with researchers in all other social science disciplines. (springer.com)
- The journal seeks to honor and highlight not only exemplary papers within their respective disciplines but also scholarship with wide interdisciplinary appeal. (villanova.edu)
- Because the real world is not divided according to academic disciplines, MAR students can also self-declare an interdisciplinary area that combines courses in Drew's signature interdisciplinary fields. (drew.edu)
- Throughout this first year, you will develop your research, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills and cover a range of topics including physics, mathematics, electronics and computing, and the practical application of these to engineering disciplines. (chi.ac.uk)
- It should draw on such diverse disciplines as communication, social and behavioral sciences, and bio-medical, dental, pharmacy, allied health and public health sciences. (cdc.gov)
- A Center is also expected to expand the pool of trained health communication professionals and facilitate the dissemination and adoption of health communication theories, concepts, and methods in other disciplines, such as medicine and public health. (cdc.gov)
- Training and intervention programs to translate research into practice and to strengthen practice in multiple disciplines, including health communication, public health, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and allied health. (cdc.gov)
- Communication researchers draw upon a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques. (wikipedia.org)
- Despite the promise of wastewater surveillance, for these measurements to translate into useful public health tools, bridging the communication and knowledge gaps between researchers and public health responders is needed. (cdc.gov)
- With its research units, the Institute promotes communication and exchange within the scientific community and between researchers and the general public while conducting numerous European and international research projects. (ined.fr)
- A critical mass of researchers conducting health communication research. (cdc.gov)
- As a field of study, communication is applied to journalism , business , mass media , public relations , marketing , news and television broadcasting , interpersonal and intercultural communication, education , public administration -and beyond. (wikipedia.org)
- The new modules cover innovative topics, such as the integration of theory and praxis, intercultural communication, E-learning and IT technologies, and will be implemented in existing as well as new BSc. (jade-hs.de)
- Training and the development of study modules in intercultural communication will support the establishment of enduring partnerships. (jade-hs.de)
- In addition, the human-centric nature of 6G communications also requires to balance the artificial intelligence (AI) based autonomy and human free will ( Guo, 2020 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Coming out of our interdisciplinary program that combines design, communication, entrepreneurship, and marketing, you will be ready to advance ethical business for good and shape culture as an influential creative. (gcc.edu)
- With its cross-medial, interdisciplinary and independent research, it combines basic research and transfer research, and thus, generates knowledge on issues relevant for politics, commerce and civil society. (hans-bredow-institut.de)
- In 2009, OHSU recognized this innovative training and, understanding the need for high-stakes teams to train together, asked that the training become interdisciplinary. (myamericannurse.com)
- Results of search for 'au:'Interdisciplinary Communications Program. (who.int)
- Eastern Illinois University offers a variety of majors and minors, the role of undergraduate majors in the curriculum is to ensure that all graduates have experienced the challenges and rewards of studying an academic discipline or interdisciplinary subject in considerable depth. (eiu.edu)
- Did you know that Communication majors can work in any industry, anywhere in the world? (francis.edu)
- From major cities to small towns, everyone needs employees with communications skills, which means more jobs for Comm majors! (francis.edu)
- Students Focus on "Flourishing Moments" in Reflections on Pandemic Experience Students in the Communications Program's capstone course, Multiplatform Storytelling, completed a three-part oral history project titled "Documenting the Pandemic" during the spring 2021 semester. (francis.edu)
- The purpose of this short communication was to give message to the students how important the body language is. (researchgate.net)
- To evaluate the potential effects of 6G communications on graduate education of communications engineering, we first would like to clarify the general purposes of graduate education applicable to any subjects, which are often misunderstood by both educators and graduate students. (frontiersin.org)
- Students learn the history, legality, economics and communication system of sport. (lec.edu)
- The UU Honours College offers various interdisciplinary honours programmes for Bachelor's and Master's students. (uu.nl)
- Students enrolled in the Young Innovators programme work in an interdisciplinary student team on societal challenges, such as food waste or sustainable housing of refugees. (uu.nl)
- Application of communication and leadership skills and abilities through practical experience related to the students chosen career field. (fresnostate.edu)
- School of Art students installed environmental designs at the Jack J. Valenti School of Communication. (uh.edu)
- This course provides a foundation in inquiry that introduces students to interdisciplinary approaches to describing, analyzing, and exploring current issues or problems of local, national, and/or global significance. (newhaven.edu)
- This course invites students to embark on an interdisciplinary journey with an emphasis on community engagement and public scholarship. (newhaven.edu)
- Results manifest the need to review the communication policies, procedures, and protocols of the institution and that these should be regularly disseminated from managerial to line personnel, staff, and students. (imperialjournals.com)
- This subject introduces students to the interdisciplinary study of theatre and media including the practical and theoretical aspects of staging live and mediated performances. (edu.au)
- Yet offering curricula that aims to develop students' interdisciplinary and project-based learning acumen is a challenge for many institutions of higher education. (berkeley.edu)
- An interdisciplinary field trip to a remote marine lab joined graduate students from fine arts and natural resource science departments to think creatively about the topic of climate change and science communication. (publicgardens.org)
- This interdisciplinary program aims at preparing doctoral students for research careers in the broader fields of archaeology and cultural heritage based on scientific and technological methods. (cyi.ac.cy)
- Programs to involve students (graduate and/or undergraduate) in research and applied health communication projects d. (cdc.gov)
- Employers recognize that Lake Erie College business graduates are prepared to hit the ground running, bringing strong analytical and communication skills, a practical, teamwork orientation and an inclination toward reliability and personal initiative in the workplace. (lec.edu)
- Combining engineering skills with business know-how in these instances has consistently demonstrated that interdisciplinary communication really does pay off! (srgpartnership.com)
- Master of Arts in Religion coursework consists of 43 credits of disciplinary and transdisciplinary study, the development of effective research and communication skills and specialized capstone experiences. (drew.edu)
- The sport management program is an interdisciplinary program designed to blend general management skills with the specific demands of sports organizations. (lec.edu)
- They will acquire leadership public speaking communication skills and work on leadership dilemma scenarios. (uu.nl)
- Development of communication skills, business etiquette, and improved levels of professionalism. (fresnostate.edu)
- Employers in these fields are clamoring for people with the skills you will acquire in this program - not only in critical thinking, analysis, and communication, but also in the capacity to be an adaptive self-learner and a flexible thinker. (newhaven.edu)
- Through strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, data science engages individuals in computing, statistics, interpretation, and communication. (lclark.edu)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are a prerequisite. (academictransfer.com)
- College graduates with interdisciplinary and hands-on skills are in demand in today's job market. (berkeley.edu)
- This ensures that you receive an engaging experience that encourages interdisciplinary teamworking to solve open-ended problems and develop your communication skills, which will help you stand-out in a competitive industry. (chi.ac.uk)
- More training and continuing medical education courses should be provided that emphasize the resources available to the prescriber, understanding of age-related physiologic metabolic changes, nonjudgmental patient-counseling skills, and interdisciplinary communication skills. (cdc.gov)
- Even hospice nurses, who are used to facing such issues as death and dying, often feel that their communication skills are less effective when discussing difficult topics. (medscape.com)
- This website is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) Cooperative Agreement #AID-OAA-A-12-00058. (healthcommcapacity.org)
- Our collaborative, interdisciplinary program will help build your expertise. (american.edu)
- The group developed set of core values to share with existing and new leaders and a series of recommendations to improve the quality of the Institute's day-to-day communication and collaborative styles, which they plan to roll out in the new school year. (tythe-design.org)
- A series of more than ten recommendations for improving the quality of work, day to day environment, communication, and collaborative practices developed by the participants are currently being implemented by the Institute. (tythe-design.org)
- The Blum Center is home to Development Engineering , an interdisciplinary field at UC Berkeley created in 2014 that integrates engineering, economics, business, natural resource development, and social sciences to create,implement, and evaluate technologies that address the needs of people living in poverty. (berkeley.edu)
- with applications in neuroscience, climate research, economics and general communication networks. (cas.cz)
- The Blum Center is working to understand these questions as well as others, as it strives to provide project-based education that is rigorous not just in process, but also in its interdisciplinary content. (berkeley.edu)
- Only 6% of the content of the communications was about spiritual concerns. (medscape.com)
- Interdisciplinary Communications Program. (who.int)
- Committee members (physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and quality management and simulation specialists) developed a program of mock codes called simulated code interdisciplinary team training (SCITT). (myamericannurse.com)
- Natasha is certified in Foundations of Management, Foundations of Effective Communication, and has completed a Leadership Program for Women Scientists and Scholars. (uni-mainz.de)
- The University of Houston's College of Arts ' (CotA) School of Art Graphic Design program recently partnered with the Jack J. Valenti School of Communication to create large-scale environmental graphic installations. (uh.edu)
- Led by community organizations, seven interdisciplinary teams will enliven and program public space, provide technical support to small businesses, and strengthen cultural activities. (vanalen.org)
- The language of instruction and communication of the program is English. (cyi.ac.cy)
- As the fields of behavioral and social sciences simultaneously grow and converge into one another, now is the time for our journal to publish fascinating interdisciplinary science. (springer.com)
- These shared resources form a magnet for interdisciplinary science. (srgpartnership.com)
- Emerging Infectious Diseases is a communication tool, not an archive of science. (cdc.gov)
- Work at the boundaries of science : information and the interdisciplinary research process / by Carole L. Palmer. (who.int)
- A Center for Excellence in Health Communication is expected to make a sustained and concentrated effort to advance the science and application of health communication. (cdc.gov)
- The journal aims to demystify public health data and reach out to a broad interdisciplinary audience. (cdc.gov)
- Lessons learned, said Yao, are that communication is key, as is an interdisciplinary approach. (medscape.com)
- Communication is an essential tool for this approach. (bvsalud.org)
- Stream: Interdisciplinary Journal of Communication , 1 (1), 40â€"52. (sfu.ca)
- A scholarly peer-reviewed journal which promotes the interdisciplinary study of higher psychological functions in human phenomena is being launched by Springer. (springer.com)
- For the academic journal, see Communication Research (journal) . (wikipedia.org)
- As sixth-generation (6G) communications have been widely discussed in the past 2 years, it is now the right time to investigate the potential impacts of 6G communications on the current graduate education system of communications engineering. (frontiersin.org)
- In this article, we articulate a set of existing problems with the graduation education of communications engineering and analyze the trends and challenges of pre-6G graduate education of communications engineering. (frontiersin.org)
- Accordingly, this expectation requires to adjust and update the graduate education of communications engineering in the pre-6G era. (frontiersin.org)
- We herein discuss the pedagogical issues of graduate education of communications engineering and provide some thoughts of the new pedagogical trends and challenges brought by 6G communications. (frontiersin.org)
- Cross-species research conducted by an interdisciplinary research team at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) led by professors Yu-Ju Chou from the Department of Early Childhood Education and Tsung-Han Kuo from the Institute of Systems Neuroscience has found that the social hierarchies of children and mice are similarly formed at an early age. (businesswire.com)
- Research about project-based learning has mostly concentrated on K-12 education, and little exists on interdisciplinary project-based learning.Thus in our initial stage of inquiry, the Blum Center has reached out to over a dozen U.S. colleges and universities with academic programs similar to the Development Engineering graduate emphasis, to better understand the broader landscape of interdisciplinary project-based learning in higher education. (berkeley.edu)
- Through the use of my own personal continued education, I strive to maximally contribute to the interdisciplinary comprehensive healthcare team, and become a leader in the field as well as an advocator for all patients. (unc.edu)
- Stephanie Yumansky is a Masters student in the Graduate Programme in Communication and Culture at Ryerson University in Toronto. (sfu.ca)
- GHIS consists of various seminars that are set up around the strategic themes and focus areas in which Utrecht University carries out interdisciplinary research. (uu.nl)
- Liz then introduced me to a writer at University Communications, Eric Ferreri, who wrote about my work in Duke Today and pitched the story to national news outlets. (duke.edu)
- This research was conducted by an interdisciplinary research team at the University of Utah. (medscape.com)
- This emergency requires an urgent, organized response with immediate coordination of members of a highly capable interdisciplinary emergency resuscitation team. (myamericannurse.com)
- Good team spirit, and interest to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment. (academictransfer.com)
- The district's Statewide Assistive Technology, Augmentative and Alternative Communication interdisciplinary team is comprised of a speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist and assistive technology technician. (d49.org)
- We are looking for new team members to join the Complex Networks and Brain Dynamics group to work on its interdisciplinary projects. (cas.cz)
- Written plans (such as the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services Annual Health Screening Recommendations and Health Record) are helpful for interdisciplinary team communication. (medscape.com)
- 2. An operational emphasis on multi/interdisciplinary research teams. (cdc.gov)
- The KTT WG is made up of a dynamic interdisciplinary group of scientists and experts in strategy and communication, who catalyse efforts and stimulate cross-Agency synergies to reach the target audience. (who.int)
- This document is part of a series of annotated, interdisciplinary bibliographies of academic research on major topics in construction occupational safety and health, from Asbestos to Training. (elcosh.org)
- Doctoral candidates in current and/or future international/interdisciplinary working settings. (uni-mainz.de)
- Providing spaces with equipment and resources to serve a cross section of interdisciplinary needs allows them to inspire and complement each other with their diverse passions, knowledge, and techniques. (srgpartnership.com)
- And it should complement other communication planning tools and training you may have received. (cdc.gov)
- While the prototypes developed in courses like this one foster interdisciplinary understanding, it is still unclear how they cultivate intellectual strengths from one student in, say, mechanical engineering to another student in, say, public health. (berkeley.edu)
- The RN Navigator facilitates communication and coordinates care with physicians, the providers' clinic, hospital facilities, family, caregivers and other community healthcare providers and implements creative to meet members/ healthcare needs without compromising quality of outcomes. (argentum.org)
- I had demonstrated the body language in the seminar and this short communication was. (researchgate.net)
- Utilize a critical lens to develop a foundation for analysis of oral and written communication in the community. (sjsu.edu)
- The purpose of this report is to study on social media marketing and to analyse the effectiveness of brand communication done through social networking websites among its users. (imperialjournals.com)
- For artistic quality, audience appeal, and communication effectiveness. (cdc.gov)
- Scholarly communication theorists [ citation needed ] focus primarily on refining the theoretical understanding of communication, examining statistics in order to help substantiate claims. (wikipedia.org)
- The certificate in public health communication prepares recent college graduates, mid-career professionals in public health and journalism fields to effectively communicate scientific evidence for public health policies and interventions with lay and professional audiences. (missouri.edu)
- The popularity of digital communication and social media shows how much people appreciate communicating beyond their familiar circles. (srgpartnership.com)
- The range of social scientific methods to study communication has been expanding. (wikipedia.org)
- This study also shows the lack of information in the field of deafblindness, revealing that the inclusion of patient´s family is a fundamental factor for a favorable prognosis on educational, social, and communication processes. (bvsalud.org)
- This implies that the quality of experience (QoE) of wireless service subscribers, encompassing the health and psychological requirements, should be taken as the dominant performance measure of 6G communication systems ( Kilkki, 2008 ). (frontiersin.org)
- General metrological issues cutting across all technical fields are subject of the Technical Committee for Interdisciplinary Metrology (TC-IM). (euramet.org)
- This subject requires access to the authentic learning spaces available through the School of Communication and Creative Industries at Bathurst campus. (edu.au)
- In previous work, this research group found that audiotaping home visits by nurses and analyzing the communication that took place has afforded a rare view of the care provided by hospice nurses within the homes of seriously ill and dying patients. (medscape.com)
- An academic field that deals with processes of human communication. (bvsalud.org)
- Why is Communication in international & interdisciplinary teams named a professional competence? (uni-mainz.de)
- Communication, a natural human behavior, became a topic of study in the 20th century. (wikipedia.org)
-  As communication technologies developed, so did the serious study of communication. (wikipedia.org)
- In this study, they report communications (telephone conversations or home visits) from a total of 27 nurses that took place on the day of death of 42 patients. (medscape.com)
- 63 major credit hours of rigorous coursework to build your foundation in design, entrepreneurship, marketing, and communication. (gcc.edu)
- We administered a short survey, and from the responses received have identified several areas in interdisciplinary project-based learning curricula that merit further investigation. (berkeley.edu)
- The grants are made possible through the generous donations of SFU alumni who wish to support interdisciplinary student research, creative or service projects. (francis.edu)
- Interdisciplinary projects are encouraged. (who.int)
- The linguistic and cultural turns of the mid-20th century led to increasingly interpretative , hermeneutic , and philosophic approaches towards the analysis of communication. (wikipedia.org)
- Combine your passion for journalism, film and media arts, or public relations and strategic communication with a concentration in French, German, Russian, or Spanish. (american.edu)
- Hans Bredow Institute (HBI) examines media change and the related structural shifts in public communication. (hans-bredow-institut.de)
- Hans-Bredow-Institut focuses on media transformation and related structural changes of public communication. (hans-bredow-institut.de)
- With support from hospital administrators, an interdisciplinary committee was formed and cochaired by a nurse and physician. (myamericannurse.com)