The class Insecta, in the phylum ARTHROPODA, whose members are characterized by division into three parts: head, thorax, and abdomen. They are the dominant group of animals on earth; several hundred thousand different kinds having been described. Three orders, HEMIPTERA; DIPTERA; and SIPHONAPTERA; are of medical interest in that they cause disease in humans and animals. (From Borror et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p1)
West Nile Fever
A mosquito-borne viral illness caused by the WEST NILE VIRUS, a FLAVIVIRUS and endemic to regions of Africa, Asia, and Europe. Common clinical features include HEADACHE; FEVER; maculopapular rash; gastrointestinal symptoms; and lymphadenopathy. MENINGITIS; ENCEPHALITIS; and MYELITIS may also occur. The disease may occasionally be fatal or leave survivors with residual neurologic deficits. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1996, Ch26, p13; Lancet 1998 Sep 5;352(9130):767-71)
Encyclopedias as Topic
Poison Control Centers
Urinary Tract Infections
Property, such as patents, trademarks, and copyright, that results from creative effort. The Patent and Copyright Clause (Art. 1, Sec. 8, cl. 8) of the United States Constitution provides for promoting the progress of science and useful arts by securing for limited times to authors and inventors, the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries. (From Black's Law Dictionary, 5th ed, p1014)
Evaluation of the chronic toxicity and oncogenicity of N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET). (1/185)Chronic toxicity and/or oncogenicity studies were conducted in rats, mice, and dogs with the insect repellent DEET. DEET was mixed in the diet and administered to CD rats for two years at concentrations that corresponded to dosage levels of 10, 30 or 100 mg/kg/day for males and 30, 100, or 400 mg/kg/day for females; to CD-1 mice for 18 months at dosage levels of 250, 500, or 1000 mg/kg/day; and to dogs for one year, via gelatin capsules, at dosage levels of 30, 100, or 400 mg/kg/day. In the rodent studies, each group consisted of 60 animals of each sex, and two concurrent independent control groups, each containing 60 animals/sex were included in each study. Each group in the dog study consisted of four male and four female dogs and one control group was included in the study. Treatment-related effects were observed at the highest dose level in all three studies. For rats, the effects included decreases in body weight and food consumption and an increase in serum cholesterol in females only. In mice, the effects observed were decreases in body weight and food consumption in both sexes. The effects observed in dogs included increased incidences of emesis and ptyalism, and levels of transient reduction in hemoglobin and hematocrit, increased alkaline phosphatase (males only), decreased cholesterol, and increased potassium. One male dog in the high-dose group also exhibited ataxia, tremors, abnormal head movements, and/or convulsions on several occasions during the study. The highest no-observed-effect levels (NO-ELs) for rats, mice and dogs were determined to be 100, 500, and 100 mg/kg/day, respectively. No specific target organ toxicity or oncogenicity was observed in any of the studies. (+info)
Lyme disease: recognition, management, and prevention in the primary care setting. (2/185)This activity is designed for practitioners who see patients with tick bites, Lyme disease, or suspected Lyme disease in their practice, whether or not the practitioner is in an endemic area for Lyme disease. GOAL: To help primary care practitioners recognize and treat Lyme disease and provide preventive counseling. OBJECTIVES: 1. Be familiar with the terminology used for the causative agent of Lyme disease, its tick vector and reservoirs in nature, and where the disease is endemic. 2. Know the features of the common, characteristic clinical forms of Lyme disease. 3. Appreciate the uses and limitations of laboratory testing for this infection. 4. Understand early antibiotic treatment of Lyme disease, the management of a tick bite, and preventive measures. (+info)
A new strategy for treating nets. Part 1: formulation and dosage. (3/185)The conventional dosages of pyrethroid insecticides on mosquito nets assume that nets will be retreated at 6-12 month intervals. However, dosage should be related to washing of nets; if nets are only washed once or twice a year, their dosage requirements will be different to those which are washed fortnightly. A 'low-dose, frequent-wash' retreatment system might be technically more appropriate and more affordable where nets are washed frequently, as they are in Dar es Salaam. Moreover, for use as a domestic insecticide, water-based formulations of pyrethroid are preferable to the more commonly used emulsifiable concentrates (ECs). This paper reports laboratory evaluations of three formulations (ECs, Flowable, CS) of three pyrethroids (deltamethrin, lambdacyhalothrin, permethrin). Insecticidal activity was tested using serial bioassays at a range of dosages using Anopheles gambiae. The water-based formulations were no less effective than the ECs, even at the lowest dosages. Nets treated with 3 mg/m2 and then repeatedly washed and retreated after each wash with either 3 mg/m2 or 1 mg/m2 were subjected to gas chromatography analysis. This showed that the amounts of pyrethroid in the nets accumulated rapidly over the first few wash-retreatment cycles and then remained fairly stable over subsequent cycles. These nets gave consistently high bioassay mortalities throughout the experiment, while the mortality declined rapidly after several washes with the nets that were treated at 3 mg/m2 but not retreated. Experimental huts were used to compare the effectiveness of these 2 net retreatment regimes and nets which were not retreated. All nets caused high mortality rates amongst Anopheles females, but had negligible effects on culicines; either in killing them or in preventing feeding. Therefore use of a high 'loading' dose for initial treatment with lower 'maintenance' doses for retreatment may be preferable to ensure that net users promptly perceive the benefits of the insecticide against culicines. (+info)
Gender-related efficacy difference to an extended duration formulation of topical N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET). (4/185)A clinical trial (n = 120, 60 males and 60 females) was conducted to assess the efficacy of an extended duration tropical insect/arthropod repellent (EDTIAR) topical formulation of N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET). The amount of EDTIAR (mean +/- confidence interval), applied by participants in accordance with label directions, was not significantly different between females (3.66 +/- 0.32 mg/cm2) and males (3.45 +/- 0.33 mg/cm2). There also was no significant difference in the number of Anopheles stephensi mosquitoes biting the control arm of females or males at 0, 3, 6, 9, and 12 hr. While gender had no effect on feeding, the time of day did effect mosquito feeding with fewer mosquitoes feeding in the afternoon than in the morning or evening. The percent protective efficacy at 0, 3, 6, 9, and 12 hr was 100.0, 99.3, 92.8, 79.7 and 66.3 for females, and 100.0, 100.0, 97.6, 91.9, and 77.5 for males. These data are inconsistent with the EDTIAR label claim that the repellent provides 95% or greater protection against mosquitoes for 12 hr or more under normal use conditions. The results of a multivariate regression analysis indicated that 1) protection decreased linearly as time after application of repellent increased (P < 0.001), 2) individuals who applied higher doses of repellent were better protected against mosquito bites (P < 0.001), 3) females experienced significantly less protection over time than did males (P = 0.005), and 4) the estradiol concentration in the blood had no effect on efficacy of the repellent (P = 0.110). (+info)
Short report: prevention of Schistosoma mansoni infections in mice by the insect repellents AI3-37220 and N,N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide. (5/185)N,N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide (DEET) has recently been reported to kill cercariae of Schistosoma mansoni in vitro. In addition, it blocked cercarial entry into mouse tail skin. We confirmed these results and compared the efficacy of DEET to a second insect repellent, 1-(3-Cyclohexen-1-yl-carbonyl)-2-methylpiperidine (AI3-37220), in preventing S. mansoni infections in mice. Both AI3-37220 and DEET conferred 100% protection against S. mansoni infection via percutaneous exposure to cercariae. (+info)
Anticonvulsant-resistant seizures following pyridostigmine bromide (PB) and N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET). (6/185)An acute toxic interaction has been described, in which sublethal doses of pyridostigmine bromide (PB) and the insect repellent N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET), when administered concomitantly, resulted in seizures and lethality. To investigate the possible relationships between seizures and lethality and the role of the cholinergic system in this interaction, PB (5 mg/kg), DEET (200 mg/kg) or PB (3 mg/kg) + DEET (200 mg/kg) were administered i.p. to male ICR mice, alone or following i.p. pretreatment, with one of several anticonvulsant agents: diazepam, 10 mg/kg; fosphenytoin, 40 mg/kg; phenobarbital, 45 mg/kg; or dextrophan, 25 mg/kg), or the anticholinergic agents, atropine (5 mg/kg), atropine methyl nitrate (2.7 mg/kg), or mecamylamine (2.5 mg/kg). The anticonvulsants selected for this study act through different mechanisms to reduce seizures. None of the anticonvulsants was able to reduce the incidence of seizures following treatment with PB, DEET or PB + DEET. Only diazepam delayed the onset of seizures. Fosphenytoin or diazepam significantly prolonged the time to lethality following PB, but only fosphenytoin reduced the incidence of PB-induced lethality. Diazepam or phenobarbital significantly prolonged the time to lethality following PB + DEET. Both atropine and atropine methyl nitrate protected against PB and PB + DEET-induced lethality and PB-induced seizures. Neither agent blocked seizures resulting from DEET or PB + DEET. Mecamylamine reduced seizures and lethality in PB-treated mice, but not in mice treated with DEET or PB + DEET. The results indicate that seizure activity is not a causative factor in the toxic interaction between PB and DEET. Furthermore, PB, DEET and PB + DEET induce seizures that are resistant to standard anticonvulsants, and each appears to operate through different mechanisms to produce seizures. Peripheral muscarinic receptors may play a specific role in lethality caused by PB + DEET. (+info)
Development and evaluation of LIPODEET, a new long-acting formulation of N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) for the prevention of schistosomiasis. (7/185)N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) is a common and fairly safe active ingredient in many insect repellents. Our recent studies showed that when applied to the skin, DEET has a potent anti-parasitic effect against Schistosoma mansoni. However, the beneficial effects of DEET lasted only for a few minutes, presumably due to its rapid absorption through the skin. In this study, we evaluated different carrier formulations that prolong the activity of DEET in the skin. Among the various formulations analyzed, DEET incorporated into liposomes (LIPODEET) appeared to prolong the activity of DEET for more than 48 hr after a single application. Furthermore, LIPODEET was found to be minimally absorbed through the skin and loss due to washing off was limited. These findings thus suggest LIPODEET is a safe and long-acting formulation of DEET that is quite effective against schistosomiasis. (+info)
Chemical defense against predation in an insect egg. (8/185)The larva of the green lacewing (Ceraeochrysa cubana) (Neuroptera, Chrysopidae) is a natural predator of eggs of Utetheisa ornatrix (Lepidoptera, Arctiidae), a moth that sequesters pyrrolizidine alkaloids from its larval foodplant (Fabaceae, Crotalaria spp.). Utetheisa eggs are ordinarily endowed with the alkaloid. Alkaloid-free Utetheisa eggs, produced experimentally, are pierced by the larva with its sharp tubular jaws and sucked out. Alkaloid-laden eggs, in contrast, are rejected. When attacking an Utetheisa egg cluster (numbering on average 20 eggs), the larva subjects it to an inspection process. It prods and/or pierces a small number of eggs (on average two to three) and, if these contain alkaloid, it passes "negative judgement" on the remainder of the cluster and turns away. Such generalization on the part of the larva makes sense, because the eggs within clusters differ little in alkaloid content. There is, however, considerable between-cluster variation in egg alkaloid content, so clusters in nature can be expected to range widely in palatability. To check each cluster for acceptability must therefore be adaptive for the larva, just as it must be adaptive for Utetheisa to lay its eggs in large clusters and to apportion alkaloid evenly among eggs of a cluster. (+info)
Body Worn Insect Repellent Consumption Market: Increase In Demand For Insect Repellent Is Seen In Agriculture Sector | Online...
According to MarketIntelReports Global Body Worn Insect Repellent Consumption Market by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2021:. Browse 115 Pages and an in-depth TOC on Body Worn Insect Repellent Consumption Market 2016-2021 here http://www.marketintelreports.com/report/GIR0004/global-body-worn-insect-repellent-consumption-market-by-manufacturers-regions-type-and-application-forecast-to-2021. Scope & Regional Forecast of the Body Worn Insect Repellent Consumption Market Body Worn Insect Repellent is a substance that is applied to the skin and clothing which discourages the insects from landing on the surface. The insect repellent helps in preventing and controlling the outbreak of insect borne diseases like malaria, Lyme disease, dengue fever, and West Nile Fever. The Body Worn Insect Repellent Consumption Market has seen an increase in the demand for the insect repellent especially in the agriculture sector and oil and mining industries.. Despite having favourable ...
Insect repellent - Wikipedia
An insect repellent (also commonly called bug spray) is a substance applied to skin, clothing, or other surfaces which discourages insects (and arthropods in general) from landing or climbing on that surface. Insect repellents help prevent and control the outbreak of insect-borne (and other arthropod-bourne) diseases such as malaria, Lyme disease, dengue fever, bubonic plague, river blindness and West Nile fever. Pest animals commonly serving as vectors for disease include insects such as flea, fly, and mosquito; and the arachnid tick. Some insect repellents are insecticides (bug killers), but most simply discourage insects and send them flying or crawling away. Almost any might kill at a massive dose without reprieve, but classification as an insecticide implies death even at lower doses. Methyl anthranilate and other anthranilate-based insect repellents Benzaldehyde, for bees DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide) Dimethyl carbate Dimethyl phthalate, not as common ...
Insect Repellent 98% (Dozen) - Insect Repellent Insect Repellent - Wi
Insect Repellent 98% is a strong repellent.Insect Repellent 98 (Dozen) - With just one application, Chemco s strongest repellent will protect you from biting insects, including mosquitoes, chiggers and ticks, for up to 10 full hours.
Insect Repellent Market - Increasing demand for insect repellant products with natural ingredients
The insect repellent market in Europe by product type is bifurcated into body worn insect repellent and non body worn insect repellent. Change in the lifestyle of consumers reflected in the increased consumption of premium products such as stickers and patches and aerosol is propelling the demand for body worn insect repellents in Europe.
ultrathon insect repellent - Wholesale ultrathon insect repellent
Wholesale ultrathon insect repellent - buy latest ultrathon insect repellent direct from 2 ultrathon insect repellent Factories.
Insect Odorant Receptors Are Molecular Targets of the Insect Repellent DEET - NASA/ADS
DEET (N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide) is the worlds most widely used topical insect repellent, with broad effectiveness against most insects. Its mechanism of action and molecular target remain unknown. Here, we show that DEET blocks electrophysiological responses of olfactory sensory neurons to attractive odors in Anopheles gambiae and Drosophila melanogaster. DEET inhibits behavioral attraction to food odors in Drosophila, and this inhibition requires the highly conserved olfactory co-receptor OR83b. DEET inhibits odor-evoked currents mediated by the insect odorant receptor complex, comprising a ligand-binding subunit and OR83b. We conclude that DEET masks host odor by inhibiting subsets of heteromeric insect odorant receptors that require the OR83b co-receptor. The identification of candidate molecular targets for the action of DEET may aid in the design of safer and more effective insect repellents. |P /|
Choosing an Insect Repellent for Your Child - HealthyChildren.org
DEET is a chemical used in insect repellents. The amount of DEET in insect repellents varies from product to product, so its important to read the label of any product you use. The amount of DEET may range from less than 10% to more than 30%. DEET greater than 30% doesnt offer any additional protection.. Studies show that products with higher amounts of DEET protect people longer. For example, products with amounts around 10% may repel pests for about 2 hours, while products with amounts of about 24% last an average of 5 hours. But studies also show that products with amounts of DEET greater than 30% dont offer any extra protection. The AAP recommends that repellents should contain no more than 30% DEET when used on children. Insect repellents also are not recommended for children younger than 2 months. ...
Insect Repellent Lynbrook NY - Insect Repellent, Lynbrook NY beauty care, Lynbrook NY personal care, Lynbrook NY repellent
Local resource for Insect Repellent in Lynbrook. Find addresses and phone numbers of business and services that provide access to Insect Repellent in Lynbrook, NY.
Insect Repellent Marrero LA - Insect Repellent, Marrero LA beauty care, Marrero LA personal care, Marrero LA repellent
Local resource for Insect Repellent in Marrero. Find addresses and phone numbers of business and services that provide access to Insect Repellent in Marrero, LA.
OFF!® ACTIVE Insect Repellent, 6 oz Aerosol, 12/Carton | Cincinnati Supply
OFF!® ACTIVE Insect Repellent, 6 oz Aerosol, 12/Carton | Keep going on with your day and pick an insect repellent that goes on with you-ACTIVE™ insect repellent formula resists sweat and perspiration. Protects against biting flies, gnats, no-see-ums, and mosquitoes. Ideal for use during outdoor activities and formulated for those who stay active. Effective protection that wont stain. 15% DEET formula provides up to 5 hours of protection. Repels mosquitoes that may carry the Zika virus, Dengue virus, and West Nile virus. | Cincinnati Supply
Global Insect Repellent Market- Reckitt Benckiser Group,Jahwa, Longrich Bioscience, Omega Pharma
Press Release issued Mar 23, 2017: The motive of this strategic research report entitled Global Insect Repellent Market 2017-2022 is to provide company officials, industry investors, and Insect Repellent industry members with consequential insights to enable them make reliable strategic decisions regarding the opportunities in the global Insect Repellent market.
Mosquitoes and insect repellents
The Best Mosquito Repellents for Pest-Free Outdoor Time ...- Mosquitoes and insect repellents ,The best mosquito repellent for you can come in many different forms, like lotion, wipes, spray, or even technology that is designed to repel mosquitoes from a given area, instead of applying ...How to Use Peppermint Oil to Make a Natural Insect RepellentMay 29, 2020·Banishing mosquitoes and other pesky insects is fun for no one, but it is especially tough for anyone who is nervous about using store-bought or chemical-laden insect repellents. Happily, the best homemade mosquito repellent ...
Buy Thursday Plantation Walkabout Insect Repellent Roll-On 50mL Online at Chemist Warehouse®
Thursday Plantation Walkabout Insect Repellent with 100% pure Australian Tea Tree Oil. Thursday Plantation Walkabout Insect Repellent contains Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Oil), Lemon scented Tea Tree Oil (Leptospermum Petersonii Leaf Oil) and Citronellal blended into a soothing, cooling base for protection against biting insects and flies. Size: 50mL Scent: Lemon Non-Comedogenic?: Yes KEY FEATURES • soothing • cooling base for protection against biting insects and flies • Roll on format..
Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent - Camping Discounts
Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent. For use on clothing, tents, and other gear, Sawyer Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent not only repels insects, it actually kill ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, mites, and more than 55 other kinds of insects on contact. It is also effective against the Yellow Fever Mosquito, which can transmit the Zika Virus. Permethrin is odorless after drying and will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or any of your outdoor gear. Use it while hunting for an odorless way to protect yourself from common bugs. The active ingredient Permethrin is a synthetic molecule similar to pyrethrum which is taken from the Chrysanthemum flower. In addition to this 9-ounce aerosol spray, Sawyer Premium Permethrin is available in 12- and 24-ounce trigger spray bottles. A single application lasts up to six washings or up to 40 days of sun exposure. Repellent should be applied outdoors and before clothing is worn; after itâ s ...
Mosi-guard Extra Natural Insect Repellent Spray 100ml - ExpressChemist.co.uk - Buy Online
Mosi-guard Extra Natural Insect Repellent Spray is an extra strength, maximum protection insect repellent for those who dislike or prefer not to use DEET based products. The active ingredient in Mosi-guard, Citriodiol 40%, is a natural and renewable resource that has been clinically proven to provide over 10 hours of protection from biting insects, as DEET would ...
Sawyer Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray, 24-Ounce [ TechSc1ence ] | Tecnologia Cientifica
SP657 Features: -Clothing insect repellent.-1 - 24 oz Permethrin trigger sprayer.-Odorless lotion.-Non staining. Color/Finish: -Not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or any of your outdoor gear. Specifications: -Effective on clothing and gear through 6 washings. Dimensions: -Dimensions: 3″ H x 3″ W x 9″ D.. Thanks for Reading About Review Sawyer Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray, 24-Ounce. ...
China Household Insect Repellent Insecticide Spray - China Insecticide Spray, Insecticide
China Household Insect Repellent Insecticide Spray, Find details about China Insecticide Spray, Insecticide from Household Insect Repellent Insecticide Spray - Guangzhou Konnor Daily Necessities Co., Ltd.
Cancer Council Insect Repellent Sunscreen SPF 50+ 110ml - 9321299102123
Cancer Council Insect Repellent Sunscreen SPF 50+ 110ml - 9321299102123 - Insect Repellents - A dual-use sunscreen lotion that will save you from sun burn and also has active ingredients that repel annoying insects such as flies and mosquitoes. SPF50+ pro
Herbal Armor Insect Repellent Spray - 8 oz by All Terrain
Herbal Armor Insect Repellent Spray DEET-free GMO-free Over 26% active ingredients - among the highest Uses six repelling oils - among the highest Independently proven non-irritating & allergy tested Good for children and those with sensitive skin Wont dame clothing or equipment Herbal Armor Insect Repellent Spray
Electronic Insect Repellent | Keep insects out
Bird-X offers electronic insect repellent products that use audio frequencies to get rid of bugs. Electronic insect repellent products eliminate the need for chemicals, sprays, poisons, glue traps, and other methods that are unpleasant, messy and unsafe.
Nature-Masquerading Campaigns : Off Insect Repellent Ads
Off Insect Repellent Ads - These Off Insect Repellent ads depict scenes that you really wish the mosquitoes would see. The pair of prints stages a fisherman and a hiker amids...
Organix South - Insect Repellent - Gluten Free - Swanson Health Products
Shop the best Organix South - Insect Repellent - Gluten Free products at Swanson Health Products. Trusted since 1969, we offer trusted quality and great value on Organix South - Insect Repellent - Gluten Free products.
Incognito Suncream Insect Repellent | Holland & Barrett - the UKs Leading Health Retailer
Tri-action suncream, insect repellent and moisturiser. This natural broad spectrum SP25 suncream contains the same insect repellent as used in incognitos award-winning natural spray and roll-on.
Ultra 30 Insect Repellent - Sawyer Products | Sawyer Products
Sawyers Ultra 30 insect repellent is the newest advancement in insect repellent technology. Because it is liposome-based, it is comfortable on the s
Baby Insect Repellents
Shop online for Insect Repellents and Baby & Child Health at discount prices at Pure Health Vitamin. Save on brand name Insect Repellents products.
All Terrain Kids Herbal Armor Insect Repellent - 2 fl oz - eVitamins UK
United Kingdoms best source to buy All Terrain Kids Herbal Armor Insect Repellent - 2 fl oz at the lowest price. Read Kids Herbal Armor Insect Repellent reviews, side effects, coupons and more from eVitamins. Fast, reliable shipping to United Kingdom
Adventure Medical Kits Bens 30 Tick & Insect Repellent Pump | USOUTDOOR.com
Adventure Medical Kits Bens 30 Tick & Insect Repellent Pump is in stock and for sale with free shipping & no sales tax! Read reviews on Bens 30 Tick & Insect Repellent Pump or browse other First-Aid Kits for sale online here.
Can trials of spatial repellents be used to estimate mosquito movement? | Parasites & Vectors | Full Text
Knowledge of mosquito movement would aid the design of effective intervention strategies against malaria. However, data on mosquito movement through mark-recapture or genetics studies are challenging to collect, and so are not available for many sites. An additional source of information may come from secondary analyses of data from trials of repellents where household mosquito densities are collected. Using the study design of published trials, we developed a statistical model which can be used to estimate the movement between houses for mosquitoes displaced by a spatial repellent. The method uses information on the different distributions of mosquitoes between houses when no households are using spatial repellents compared to when there is incomplete coverage. The parameters to be estimated are the proportion of mosquitoes repelled, the proportion of those repelled that go to another house and the mean distance of movement between houses. Estimation is by maximum likelihood. We evaluated the method
PLOS ONE: Generic Insect Repellent Detector from the Fruit Fly Drosophila melanogaster
Background Insect repellents are prophylactic tools against a number of vector-borne diseases. There is growing demand for repellents outperforming DEET in cost and safety, but with the current technologies R&D of a new product takes almost 10 years, with a prohibitive cost of $30 million dollar in part due to the demand for large-scale synthesis of thousands of test compounds of which only 1 may reach the market. R&D could be expedited and cost dramatically reduced with a molecular/physiological target to streamline putative repellents for final efficacy and toxicological tests. Methodology Using olfactory-based choice assay we show here that the fruit fly is repelled by not only DEET, but also IR3535 and picaridin thus suggesting they might have
As warm weather arrives in the US, the number of insect bites and stings reported to poison control centers increases dramatically. More than just an annoyance, insect bites can spread disease. The growing concern about the mosquito-borne Zika virus emphasizes this danger.. An insect repellent (IR) is defined as a chemical that makes the air within about 1.5 inch above human skin obnoxious enough to insects that they are less likely to land and bite. Current guidelines require IRs to provide at least a 50% repellency rate to make a reliable claim that they repel mosquitoes. IRs are divided into two chemical classes: synthetic chemicals such as DEET (N,N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide), picaridin and IR3535; and plant-derived oils such as oil of lemon eucalyptus and oil of citronella. Picaridin is a relatively new IR. Compared with DEET, its advantages include lack of chemical odor, non-greasy consistency, and non-damaging to clothing and plastics. Its vapor is noxious to mosquitoes, flies, chiggers, ...
Taking the Bite out of Summertime Pests - Chog Blog
The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention both agree that for children older than two months of age repellents containing 10 percent to 30 percent DEET should be used. DEET should not be used on children younger than two months of age. Repellents should never be applied to childrens hands, around the eyes or to cuts.. The effectiveness is similar for 10 percent to 30 percent DEET, but the duration of effect varies. Ten percent DEET provides protection for about two hours, whereas 30 percent protects for about five hours. Parents should choose the lowest concentration that covers the required amount of time. Never use insect repellent meant for pets on people and never use repellents meant for people on pets.. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not recommend the use of combination sunscreen/insect repellent. Sunscreen needs to be reapplied every two hours, and insect repellent should not be reapplied. Parents can apply both an insect repellent ...
off lotion mosquito repellent price target amazon
How to Repel Mosquitoes While Sleeping - Tips and Product ...- off lotion mosquito repellent price target amazon ,Aug 26, 2019·If youre used to lotion repellents, we recommend that you try the 3M Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion. It contains 34.34% DEET, which delivers superb protection against mosquitoes, bed bugs, ticks, fleas, and other biting insects. The best thing here is that the 3M Ultrathon repellent lotion lasts for up to 12 hours for every application.Off! Repellent - WalmartomDeep Woods Insect Repellent VII, 9 oz Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 85 reviews 85 ratings Current Price $6.97 $ 6 . 97 List Price $18.27 $ 18 . ...
Sawyer Permethrin Mosquito & Tick Repellent, 24 oz. - 627603, Insect Repellent & Protection at Sportsmans Guide
Sportsmans Guide has your Sawyer Permethrin Mosquito & Tick Repellent, 24 oz. available at a great price in our Insect Repellent & Protection collection
Sawyer Permethrin Premium Insect Repellent Aerosol Spray for Clothing 9oz | Kentucky Cooner
For use on clothing, tents, sleeping bags, and other outdoor gear, Sawyer Permethrin is more than just an insect repellent - it actually kills ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, chiggers, mites, and more than 55 other kinds of insects. Permethrin is also effective against the Yellow Fever Mosquito, which can transmit the Zika Virus.Providing a fantastic odorless barrier of protection, a single application of Permethrin lasts for 6 weeks or 6 washings. Using it on outdoor gear also helps reduce the mosquito population in your camp and prevents ticks from attaching to you.Maximize protection from mosquitoes and ticks by combining Permethrin with Sawyer Picaridin, an effective and comfortable topical repellent.
BugX™ Professional-Grade Insect Repellent | GEMPLERS
BugX Insect Repellent contain 30% DEET to repel a variety of annoying, biting insects. Quick-drying and non-sticky, this DEET formula provides 7+ hr. of
Safer Insect Repellents That Work
Love nature but prefer to enjoy it without the threat of diseases like West Nile and Lyme looming over you? Insect repellents with deet have been the go-to. Until now … Consumer Reports tests repellents and recommends alternatives.
insect repellents harmful to the central nervous system | Medical Technology & Gadgets Blog MedicalBuy.net
Washington, August 5 (ANI): Scientists are calling for more research into the toxicity of deet, an active ingredient in many insect repellents, after it has been found to be harmful to the central nervous system.. Vincent Corbel from the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement in Montpellier, and Bruno Lapied from the University of Angers, France, led a team of researchers who investigated the mode of action and toxicity of deet.. Corbel said: Weve found that deet is not simply a behavior-modifying chemical but also inhibits the activity of a key central nervous system enzyme, acetycholinesterase, in both insects and mammals.. In a series of experiments, his research team found that deet inhibits the acetylcholinesterase enzyme - the same mode of action used by organophosphate and carbamate insecticides.. The researchers also found that deet interacts with carbamate insecticides to increase their toxicity.. Corbel concludes: These findings question the safety of deet, particularly in ...
Caribbean Blue Natural Insect Repellent
Caribbean Blue Natural Insect Repellent is ideal if you are looking for a DEET-free repellent which will help to prevent mosquitoes and insects from biting
Insect Repellent Wipes by Liquid Net (30ct) | Planet Natural
Liquid Net Insect Repellent Wipes contain all natural ingredients including botanical extracts that give it a pleasant scent while effectively repelling biting insects.
Life Systems Expedition 100+ Deet Based Insect Repellent Spray | BasecampGear
Life Systems Expedition 100+ Deet Based Insect Repellent Spray now available at BasecampGear with FREE UK+EU Delivery, reviews, full specs & helpful advice
Cutter Backwoods Aerosol 25% Deet Insect Repellent - 6 Oz - Randalls
Shop Cutter Backwoods Aerosol 25% Deet Insect Repellent - 6 Oz from Randalls. Browse our wide selection of Pest Control for Delivery or Drive Up & Go to pick up at the store!
Bens 30 Deet Insect Repellent - 3.4 oz. - 17% Off
Adventure Medical Kits Bens 30% Deet Insect Repellent Pump Sprays. The lowest prices and free shipping available on Adventure medical kits from CopQuest.
Buy Bushmans Insect Repellent Aerosol 20 pc DEET 350g
Buy Bushmans Insect Repellent Aerosol 20 Percent Deet 350gm at a great price and get Free International Shipping on orders over $120 under 2.5kgs. Trusted online pharmacy since 1997
Escential News: What is worse - Bug Bites, or Insect Repellent?
USA Today has published an article asking this question. They point out that there is no 100% failsafe protection against bug bites. They cite 4 compounds that are effective: 3 chemicals, including DEET, and oil of lemon eucalyptus, an essential oil. PubMed has studies showing catnip essential oil is as effective as DEET. (If you want links to the full articles, just email me!) Oil of lemon eucalyptus was recognized by the Centre for Disease Control as being both effective, and safe to use. That is not true here in Canada, though. In Canada, Health Canada does not allow the use of citronella, or, anything containing citronellol to be used as an insect repellent. Oil of lemon eucalyptus does have citronnellol as a component. ...
Latest Research Report : World Mosquito Repellent Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecast 2022 -...
Wide variety of chemical and natural ingredient based mosquito repellents are being used to keep the mosquitoes away and prevent mosquito-borne diseases such as malaria, dengue, chikungunya, yellow fever, Zika virus, and others. Popularly used chemical ingredients in the preparation of mosquito repellents include diethyl carbonate, ethyl hexane diol, N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide (DEET), and diethyl phthalate. Moreover, natural substances such as Lemon Eucalyptus Oil, Lavender, Cinnamon Oil, Soybean Oil and others are used in herbal repellents. Adoption of such natural ingredients based mosquito repellents is increasing to avoid problems such as skin rashes, allergies and others.. Browse Full Report Visit - http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/world-mosquito-repellent-market. The world mosquito repellent market is expected to register notable growth in the near future attributed to rise in incidence of mosquito-borne diseases and global warming, which facilitates breeding of mosquitoes. Other ...
Zika Reinforces the Importance of Insect Repellent - Jun 2, 2016
While Zika is understandably in the news right now, the nations emergency physicians warn that there are also other, very dangerous, insect-borne illnesses here in the United States that we need to protect ourselves from this summer.. There are many mosquito-borne or tick illnesses, including several viruses that cause encephalitis, West Nile and Lyme disease, that Americans cant forget about and must protect themselves from this summer, said Jay Kaplan, MD, FACEP, president of the American College of Emergency Physicians. Taking protective measures when going outside is the best way to stay safe. The easiest and most effective way to avoid getting a mosquito-borne or tick-borne illness is obviously to prevent these insects from biting you.. Insect Repellents. ...
Sawyer Sawyer Insect Repellent, 20% Picaridin | Chinook Medical Gear, Inc.
Sawyer Premium Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin is a safe and effective alternative to DEET. Picaridin is more effective on biting flies than...
Sawyer Products SP649 Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray, 12-Ounce
For use on clothing, tents, and other gear, Sawyer Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent not only repels insects, it actually kill ticks, mosquitoes,
Sawyer Insect Repellent Permethrin For Clothing: Army Navy Shop
sawyer insect repellent permethrin for clothing for use on clothing only! spray on clothes to repel and kill mosquitoes, chiggers, mites and ticks for
Picaridin Tick + Insect Repellent Lotion (4 oz.)
DESCRIPTION Safe to use on the whole family, picaridin wont harm clothing, backpacks, fishing line, firearm finishes, watches, sunglasses, or other synthetic fabrics and is a less aggressive insect repellent than its cousin, permethrin (which is only intended for clothing + gear). Key Benefits: Lotion repels mosquit
"Repellents: protection against mosquitoes, ticks and other arthropods". Insect repellents. Environmental Protection Agency. 9 ... Nguyen QD, Vu MN, Hebert AA (November 2018). "Insect repellents: an updated review for the clinician". J Am Acad Dermatol. doi: ... "Tips to prevent tick bytes". Insect repellents. Environmental Protection Agency. 15 July 2013. Archived from the original on 15 ... and using DEET or picaridin-based insect repellents. Using pesticides to reduce tick numbers may also be effective. Ticks can ...
... insect repellents; or materials for restoration, like an aplix, cotton fabric, non-woven interfacing, nylon net or silk ... insects, cleaning, surface cleaning, washing, mounting for display, and storage. Variations in textile types and "the diversity ... Knowledge of textile degradation Knowledge of environmental effects Knowledge of insect and fungi identification and ...
... using insect repellents; if working with cultures of F. tularensis, in the lab, making sure to wear a gown, impermeable gloves ... F. tularensis has been reported in invertebrates including insects and ticks, birds, amphibians, reptiles, ...
There are also electronic insect repellent devices which produce ultrasounds that were developed to keep away insects (and ... CDC (2009). "Updated Information regarding Insect Repellents". Cite journal requires ,journal= (help) "Mosquito repellents that ... Insect repellents are applied on skin and give short-term protection against mosquito bites. The chemical DEET repels some ... Syed Z, Leal WS (September 2008). "Mosquitoes smell and avoid the insect repellent DEET". Proceedings of the National Academy ...
Icaridin, another substituted-piperidine insect-repellent VUAA1, Experimental insect repellent Klun, J. A.; Khrimian, A.; ... SS220 is an insect repellent with a broad range of efficacy. It was developed in 2002 at the Chemicals Affecting Insect ... Mustapha Debboun; Stephen P. Frances; Daniel Strickman (25 October 2006). Insect Repellents: Principles, Methods, and Uses. CRC ... Klun, Jerome A.; Khrimian, Ashot; Debbound, Mustapha (2006). "Repellent and Deterrent Effects of SS220, Picaridin, and Deet ...
Debboun, Mustapha; Frances, Stephen P.; Strickman, Daniel (2007). Insect repellents: principles, methods, and uses. Boca Raton ... producing a mosquito-repellent smoke. A typical mosquito coil measures around 15 centimetres (6 in) in diameter and lasts ...
Debboun, Mustapha; Frances, Stephen P.; Strickman, Daniel (2007). Insect Repellents: Principles, Methods, and Uses. Boca Raton ... In areas of deciduous growth, it typically flycatches, making brief aerial sorties from a perch in pursuit of flying insects. ...
Lavender essential oil is also used as an insect repellent. Rose oil is produced from the petals of Rosa damascena and Rosa ... 2014). Insect Repellents Handbook (2nd ed.). CRC Press. p. 362. ISBN 978-1466553552. Kaddu, Steven; Kerl, Helmut; Wolf, Peter ( ... and marketed insect repellents, such as bug spray. Certain essential oils have been shown in studies to be comparable, if not ... In case studies, certain oils have been shown to have a variety of deterring effects on pests, specifically insects and select ...
... is used as a perfume fixative; an insect repellent; an antiseptic; a solvent for cellulose acetate, dyes, inks, ...
West Nile fever
Do not apply insect repellents underneath clothing. Repellents containing permethrin (e.g., Permanone) or other insect ... General measures to avoid bites include: Using insect repellent on exposed skin to repel mosquitoes. Repellents include ... American Academy of Pediatrics (8 August 2012). "Choosing an Insect Repellent for Your Child". healthychildren.org. Archived ... When using sunscreen, apply sunscreen first and then repellent. Repellent should be washed off at the end of the day before ...
... is an insect repellent which can be used directly on skin or clothing. It has broad efficacy against various insects such as ... "Insect repellents: which keep bugs at bay?" Consumer Reports, June 2006, vol 71 (issue 6), p. 6. Almeida, Rafael; Han, Barbara ... Saltigo renames insect repellant, Chemical & Engineering News "Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1086 of 23 July ... Picaridin General Fact Sheet - National Pesticide Information Center Choosing and Using Insect Repellents - National Pesticide ...
List of United States Marine Corps acronyms and expressions
Bug Juice - Insect repellent. Bulkhead - A wall. Bum Scoop - Bad information. Burning Man - A Marine who is scorched by hot gun ...
Off! (styled as OFF!) is an insect repellent brand from S. C. Johnson & Son, produced in Finland. Its active ingredient is DEET ... "Registration of OFF! Insect Repellent Fan" (PDF). New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. "Johnson Wax Company ...
During graduate school, with his college roommate Andrew Rothaus, Karan co-founded Hour72 insect repellent, for which the pair ... "A Better Insect Repellent". Harvard Public Health Magazine. Retrieved 2020-07-19. "The Surprising Wishes Of India's Sex Workers ... Boston, 677 Huntington Avenue; Ma 02115 +1495‑1000 (2018-04-25). "Three-day mosquito repellent takes top prize at biz school ...
The insect repellent icaridin is a substituted carbamate. While the carbamate acetylcholinesterase inhibitors ... These insecticides kill insects by reversibly inactivating the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (IRAC mode of action 1a). The ... Metcalf, Robert L. "Insect Control". Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH. doi:10.1002/14356007. ... Besides inhibiting human acetylcholinesterase (although to a lesser degree than the insect enzyme), carbamate insecticides also ...
While soybean oil has no direct insect repellent activity, it is used as a fixative to extend the short duration of action of ... Fradin MS, Day JF (July 2002). "Comparative efficacy of insect repellents against mosquito bites". The New England Journal of ... Barnard DR, Xue RD (July 2004). "Laboratory evaluation of mosquito repellents against Aedes albopictus, Culex nigripalpus, and ...
... a pyrethroid SS220 Anthranilate-based insect repellents US 2408389, Gertler S, "N,N-diethylbenzamide as an insect repellent" ... This data indicates DEET functions as a contact repellent. Insect repellents containing DEET are the most effective. The ... Ditzen M, Pellegrino M, Vosshall LB (March 2008). "Insect odorant receptors are molecular targets of the insect repellent DEET ... Ditzen M, Pellegrino M, Vosshall LB (2008). "Insect odorant receptors are molecular targets of the insect repellent DEET". ...
... is an insect repellent. As ethyl butylacetylaminopropionate is solely a repellent, it has no killing action and does not give ... Ethyl butylacetylaminopropionate Product-type 19 (insect repellent) 3-(N-Butyl-N-acetyl)-aminopropionic acid, ethyl ester ( ... Tick Bite Prevention & the Use of Insect Repellents. ... It has a broad efficacy against various insects like mosquitoes ...
List of essential oils
Citronella oil, from a plant related to lemon grass is used as an insect repellent Clary Sage oil, used in perfumery and as an ... The oil is very useful for insect repellent. Lime Litsea cubeba oil, lemon-like scent, often used in perfumes and aromatherapy ...
It has insect-repellent properties, and serves as an active ingredient in some commercial mosquito-repellents.Aromatherapists ... Fradin, Mark S.; Day, John F. (7 October 2009). "Comparative Efficacy of Insect Repellents against Mosquito Bites". New England ... Eucalyptus flowers produce a great abundance of nectar, providing food for many pollinators including insects, birds, bats and ... Individuals have also illegally destroyed some trees and are suspected of introducing insect pests from Australia which attack ...
John A. Pickett
"Hope for natural insect repellent". London: BBC. Pickett, John Anthony (1971). Compounds from hydrazine and dinitriles of ... John Anthony Pickett CBE DSc FRS (born 21 April 1945) is a British chemist who is noted for his work on insect pheromones. ... In 1976, he moved to Rothamsted Experimental Station (now Rothamsted Research), studying ways to control insect pests by ... "for their remarkable discoveries of mechanisms governing plant-insect and plant-plant interactions. Their scientific ...
"Aromatic .alpha.-hydroxyamides with insect repellent properties". www.patents.justia.com. Justia. 19 July 1978. Retrieved 18 ... Insect repellents]. www.tekniskamuseet.se (in Swedish). Swedish National Museum of Science and Technology. Archived from the ... which was and still is the most common active ingredient in insect repellents. After retiering from FOA, Thorsell continued her ... Thorsell has found the best insect repellent after 30 years of research]. Uppfinnaren (in Swedish). Halmstad (6). 2000. " ...
Nepetalactone is a mosquito and fly repellent. Oil isolated from catnip by steam distillation is a repellent against insects, ... It can be a repellent for certain insects, including aphids and squash bugs. Catnip is best grown in full sunlight and grows as ... Research suggests that, while a more effective spatial repellant than DEET, it is not as effective as a repellent when used on ... "Natural Insect Repellents: Activity against Mosquitoes and Cockroaches" (PDF). In Rimando, Agnes M.; Duke, Stephen O. (eds.). ...
... is supplemented in commercial tick and insect repellents. In experimental studies hinokitiol has been shown to act ... It kept it from harm against insects, wood-rotting fungi, and molds for a long time of about 840 years. Additionally, there are ... These compounds give the wood natural resistance to decay and insect attacks due to their fungicidal, insecticidal and ...
Goodhue's other patents involved insect, bird and animal repellents; herbicides; nematocides; insecticides and other pesticides ... The new weapon is an insecticide dispenser that discharges a mist fatal to dangerous insects, but harmless to humans... The ... its one-pound portable cylinder enabled soldiers to defend themselves against tropical malaria-carrying insects by spraying non ...
The citronellal chemotype is uncommon, and can be used as an insect repellent. Indigenous Australians have long used lemon ... "Development ofMelaleucaoils as effective natural-based personal insect repellents". Australian Journal of Entomology. 49: 40-48 ...
Scott Carroll (biologist)
Amanda Mascarelli of the LA Times has written several articles on insect repellents with the help of Carroll-Loye. In July 2014 ... "How to choose an insect repellent". Los Angeles Times. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2014. Mascarelli, Amanda (1 June 2012 ... As a principal of Carroll-Loye Biological Research Consulting, Carroll undertakes insect repellent development, testing and ... Mascarelli, Amanda (June 2011). "'Natural' insect repellents are plentiful but not always reliable". Los Angeles Times. ...
... is an insect repellent. It can be prepared by the Diels-Alder reaction of dimethyl maleate and cyclopentadiene ...
He also introduced Skat insect repellent. In April 1938, the firm signed a five-year contract with the J. Walter Thompson ...
Fixative for insect repellentsEdit. While soybean oil has no direct insect repellent activity, it is used as a fixative to ... Fradin MS, Day JF (Jul 2002). "Comparative efficacy of insect repellents against mosquito bites". N Engl J Med. 347 (1): 13-8. ... Barnard DR, Xue RD (Jul 2004). "Laboratory evaluation of mosquito repellents against Aedes albopictus, Culex nigripalpus, and ...
"F.A.W. PheroLure ® - Insect Science". Insect Science. Retrieved 2018-04-15.. ... Thilak Kandegama said that the threat can be overcome by sprinkling ashes as a repellent. Agricultural Ministry also ... Common predators include birds, rodents, beetles, earwigs, and other insects. It has been shown that direct predation can cause ... are commonly used in biomedical research for the purpose of recombinant protein expression using insect-specific viruses called ...
Use insect repellent when outdoors such as those containing DEET, picaridin, ethyl butylacetylaminopropionate (IR3535), or oil ... Use of EPA-registered insect repellent is recommended when outdoors. Exposure for even a short time is enough for a potential ... so spraying clothes with repellent containing permethrin or another EPA-registered repellent gives extra protection. Clothing ... In 1848, Josiah C. Nott suggested that yellow fever was spread by insects such as moths or mosquitoes, basing his ideas on the ...
The CDC has licensed patents to two companies to produce an insecticide and an insect repellant. Allylix, of San Diego, ... It is also an effective repellent or insecticide against mosquitos, and may repel bed bugs, head lice, and other insects. It ... Nootkatone in spray form has been shown as an effective repellent or insecticide against deer ticks  and lone star ... McNeil, Donald G. Jr., Citrus Flavoring Is Weaponized Against Insect-borne Diseases, Science Times, The New York Times, August ...
It is contained in human breath and sweat, and it was once believed that insect repellent DEET works by blocking the insects' ... "Insect Odorant Receptors Are Molecular Targets of the Insect Repellent DEET". Sciencexpress. 319 (5871): 1838-42. doi:10.1126/ ... 1-Octen-3-ol, octenol for short and also known as mushroom alcohol, is a chemical that attracts biting insects such as ... Octenol is used, sometimes in combination with carbon dioxide, to attract insects in order to kill them with certain electronic ...
... where the fragrant woods are prized for making insect-repellant furniture chests. ...
Vaporized pyrethroids (for example in mosquito coils) are also insect repellents. As infected mosquitoes often feed and rest ... access to water and with the use of insect repellent and mosquito nets. There is no vaccine and no specific treatment as of ... Methods of protection against contact with mosquitos include using insect repellents with substances such as DEET, icaridin, ... a class of insecticides that often has repellent properties. ...
The disease is spread primarily by two species of psyllid insects. One of them is the Asian citrus psyllid (Diaphorina citri ... Orange peel is used by gardeners as a slug repellent.. See also. *Eliza Tibbets (for the history of orange groves in California ... In 1888, the USDA sent Alfred Koebele to Australia to study this scale insect in its native habitat. He brought back with him ... Damage caused by dirt or other foreign material, disease, dryness, or mushy condition, hail, insects, riciness or woodiness, ...
Լայմի հիվանդություն - Վիքիպեդիա՝ ազատ հանրագիտարան
Ticks and biting insects infected with the etiologic agent of Lyme disease, Borrelia burgdorferi»։ Journal of Clinical ... Effectiveness of a repellent containing DEET and EBAAP for preventing tick bites»։ Wilderness & Environmental Medicine 13 (1): ...
Naftalen - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
B.H. Daisy G.A. Strobel U. Castillo in drugi (november 2002). Naphthalene, an insect repellent, is produced by Muscodor ... Termite 'mothball' keep insects at bay. April 2008. *↑ ...
Interestingly, at low concentrations, N-formylloline serves as a chemoattractant for P. scribneri, but acts as a repellant at ... The lolines may be neurotoxic to the insects, and differences in the chemical groups at the C-1-amine result in different ... The lolines are insecticidal and insect-deterrent compounds that are produced in grasses infected by endophytic fungal ... 2), which occurs in higher concentrations in endophyte-infected grass plants, has greater insect toxicity than some other ...
Loa loa filariasis
Specifically, DEET-containing insect repellent, permethrin-soaked clothing, and thick, long-sleeved and long-legged clothing ... likely because the insects bite outdoors and have a diverse, if not long, range, living in the forest and biting in the open, ...
The pungent juice of onions has been used as a moth repellent and can be rubbed on the skin to prevent insect bites. When ... and the onion plants when growing are reputed to keep away moles and insects. Onion skins have been used to produce a ...
The leaves of Nelumbo are highly water-repellent (i.e. they exhibit ultrahydrophobicity) and have given the name to what is ... Heated flowers may attract insect pollinators. As the pollinators warm themselves while resting inside the flower, they deposit ...
Certain types of insects and larvae feed on clothing and textiles, such as the black carpet beetle and clothing moths. To deter ... or placed in drawers or containers with materials having pest repellent properties, such as lavender or mothballs. Airtight ... Clothing serves many purposes: it can serve as protection from the elements, rough surfaces, rash-causing plants, insect bites ... Some clothing protects from specific hazards, such as insects, noxious chemicals, weather, weapons, and contact with abrasive ...
Prey species have ranged in size from the insects taken by young American crocodiles to full-grown cattle taken by large adults ... Sisneros, Joseph A.; Nelson, Donald R. (2001). "Surfactants as chemical shark repellents: past, present, and future". In ... Immature and subadult American crocodiles, per a study in Mexico, have a more diverse diet that can include insects, fish, ... aquatic insects and their larvae and snails are near the top of the food list for American crocodiles at this very early age. ...
In tropical areas, a survival kit may have mosquito head netting, additional insect repellent, anti-fungal cream, a machete, ... As well, some survivalists bring barterable items such as fishing line, liquid soap, insect repellent, light bulbs, can openers ... insect repellent, magnifying glass, rope and nylon cord, pulleys, and a pistol and ammunition. ... shark repellent, seawater desalting tablets, sunscreen, soap, first aid kit, and other items". A survival kit was provided ...
Chemical repellents. There are only two chemical bird repellents registered for use in the United States. They are methyl ... The insects' impacts on the aircraft's windscreens rendered the crew unable to see, forcing them to abort the mission and fly ... Visual repellents. There have been a variety of visual repellent and harassment techniques used in airport wildlife ... Auditory repellents. Auditory repellents are commonly used in both agricultural and aviation contexts. Devices such as ...
Bed bug control techniques
Insects in the City, Texas A&M *^ a b Michael F. Potter; Kenneth F. Haynes; Chris Christensen; T.J. Neary; Chris Turner; ... as well as the dispersal of bed bugs to neighbouring dwellings due to repellent effects of insecticides. ... Natural enemies of bed bugs include the masked hunter (or masked bed bug hunter) insect, cockroaches, ants, spiders ( ... Bed bugs, or cimicidae, are small parasitic insects. The term usually refers to species that prefer to feed on human blood. ...
They are water repellent types but can be damaged by high winds and birds. These are used in wheat and barley. Focus Packaging ... water and air but having perforations sufficiently large to exclude insects. Guthrie (1988) patented bag for processing ...
The juice of the leaves can be rubbed on the body as an insect repellent. The leaves can be dried and chewed as an intoxicant. ... Iran: Infusion of the dried leaf is applied externally as an insect repellent; ointments made from crushed leaves are used for ... The Potato Tuber moth (Phthorimaea operculella) is an oligophagous insect that prefers to feed on plants of the family ... Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae), in relation to their host plants". Journal of Insect Behavior. 1 (3): 261-275. doi:10.1007/ ...
Some families of VOCs presented in floral scent have likely evolved as herbivore repellents. However, these plant defenses ... Flower visitors such as insects and bats detect floral scent thanks to chemoreceptors of variable specificity to a specific VOC ... Insect olfaction). The simultaneous perception of various VOCs may cause the activation of several glomeruli, but the output ... the detection threshold of many VOCs is still higher than the perception threshold of insects, which reduces our capacity ...
One den of groundhogs can consume a tenth to a quarter of an acre of soybeans. Chemical repellents or firearms are ... Tylenchida: Parasites of Plants and Insects. New York: CABI Pub. 389. p. (2001).. ...
Parasitic Insects, Mites and Ticks: Genera of Medical and Veterinary Importance at Wikibooks ... "Outdoors experts: Keep ticks off by spraying repellent on your clothes". Syracuse.com. ... J Insect Physiol. 101: 39-46. doi:10.1016/j.jinsphys.2017.06.012. PMID 28648807.. ...
... and Cutter insect repellent. Along with the purchase of Cutter, Bayer acquired Cutter's Factor VIII business. Factor VIII, ... Insecticides are marketed according to specific crop and insect pest type. Foliar insecticides include Belt containing ... which is marketed against sucking insects. Neonicotinoids such as clothianidin and imidacloprid are used as systemic seed ... and loss of birds due to a reduction in insect populations. In 2013, the European Union and a few non EU countries restricted ...
Tularemia - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... and wearing long-sleeved clothes and using an insect repellent to prevent tick bites. ...
... as its parasite repellents give the animal a characteristic scent. At least 11 main aromatic chemicals are in the fur, although ... dark tuft of hair and is used as a defense against insects.:36 ...
This can be accomplished through the use of DEET containing insect repellent, application of insecticides to clothes and ...
as an insect repellent or insect screen *in timber treatment. *as a personal protective measure (cloth impregnant, used ... Insects are more affected by permethrin than humans or dogs because they are unable to metabolise the toxins as quick as humans ... To better protect soldiers from the risk and annoyance of biting insects, the US and British armies are treating all ... Insect-repelling ACUs now available to all Soldiers Archived 4 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine., United States Army, ...
Insect Repellents Laboratory Capacity | CDC
Insect Repellent Safety | NIOSH | CDC
The safe use of insect repellents is an important way to prevent mosquito bites ... US EPA Insect Repellents: Reducing Insect bitesexternal icon. General guidance about insect repellents and tips to prevent ... US EPA Find the Insect Repellent that is Right for Youexternal icon. A search tool to help you choose the repellent that is ... Provide training about the safe use of insect repellents.. *Provide Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered insect ...
Natrapel Insect Nets & Repellents for sale | eBay
Repellents. Find the perfect Christmas gift ideas with eBay. ... many items across the worlds largest range of Natrapel Insect ... Natrapel 8 Hour Insect Repellent Wipes - 6-Pack. The Natrapel 8 Hour Insect Repellent Wipes is a deet free insect repellent ... Tick and Insect Repellent, 3.4 Ounce Pump. NATRAPEL INSECT REPELLENT - 3.4 OZ SPRAY. Mosquito, tick & other insect protection. ... EACH 8 HOUR INSECT REPELLENT SPRAY BOTTLES. THIS IS A NEW LOT OF 2 NATRAPEL 8 HOUR INSECT REPELLENT 1 FL. EACH SPRAY BOTTLES. ...
Anthranilate-based insect repellents - Wikipedia
Anthranilate-based insect repellents include methyl anthranilate, N,N-dimethylanthranilic acid (DMA), ethyl anthranilate (EA), ... "Odour receptors and neurons for DEET and new insect repellents". Nature. 502 (7472): 507-512. Bibcode:2013Natur.502..507K. doi: ... The compounds are being evaluated for human use as mosquito repellents and also for use in agriculture. "Scientists find key to ... Afify, A.; Horlacher, B. R. N.; Roller, J.; Galizia, C. G. (2014). "Different Repellents for Aedes aegypti against Blood- ...
If insect repellent is swallowed or gets in the eyes:. *If you suspect someone has swallowed an insect repellent, immediately ... some repellents are not formulated for certain insects.. *Avoid combination sunscreen/insect repellent products. More frequent ... DEET has been the most widely used and most effective insect repellent for 60 years. Newer repellents such as picaridin, IR3535 ... An insect repellent (IR) is defined as a chemical that makes the air within about 1.5 inch above human skin obnoxious enough to ...
Insect repellent - Wikipedia
... insect repellents such as citronella, neem oil, and herbal extracts are no longer permitted for sale as insect repellents in ... Tick and Insect Repellents". Archived from the original on 2010-11-21. Retrieved 2011-01-05. Plant parts with Insect-repellent ... NIH Aphid repellents Choosing and Using Insect Repellents - National Pesticide Information Center Davis JL (2003). "Best Insect ... Insect repellents help prevent and control the outbreak of insect-borne (and other arthropod-bourne) diseases such as malaria, ...
Safer Insect Repellents That Work
Insect repellents with deet have been the go-to. Until now … Consumer Reports tests repellents and recommends alternatives. ... Safer Insect Repellents That Work 02:51 Love nature but prefer to enjoy it without the threat of diseases like West Nile and ... Insect repellents with deet have been the go-to. Until now … Consumer Reports tests repellents and recommends alternatives. ...
Insect repellents - definition of Insect repellents by The Free Dictionary
Noun 1. insect repellent - a chemical substance that repels insects insect repellant, insectifuge repellant, repellent - a ... Insect repellents synonyms, Insect repellents pronunciation, Insect repellents translation, English dictionary definition of ... insect repellent - a chemical substance that repels insects. insect repellant, insectifuge. repellant, repellent - a chemical ... Insect repellents - definition of Insect repellents by The Free Dictionary https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Insect+repellents ...
Best insect repellents to avoid the Zika virus
The best way to avoid becoming infected is to use insect repellent. ... Parents should not let young children apply insect repellent themselves. Instead, put it on your hands and then rub it on them ... Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding can safely use the three insect repellents if they are applied properly following the ... Consumer Reports tested a number of insect repellents for their effectiveness against the Aedes mosquito, the type of mosquito ...
Insect Repellents - Order Online & Save | Giant
Are Insect Repellents With DEET Safe for Kids? (for Parents) - Nemours
Insect repellents containing DEET have been tested and approved as safe for kids older than 2 months. But take care when you ... Dont spray the repellent anywhere near the mouth.. *Apply the repellent in an open area so that you and your child dont ... Do not apply repellent to kids hands. This prevents them from swallowing any if they put their hands in their mouth. It also ... Choose a repellent with no more than 10% to 30% concentration of DEET (look for N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide on the label). ...
Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent Aerosol 6oz | 3M United States
The Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent Aerosol Spray delivers the protection of Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent with the convenience of a ... It was the only insect repellent which prevented us from being bitten by the relentless tsetse flies. All the other insect ... Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent Aerosol 6oz is rated 3.7 out of 5 by 3. ... Give yourself and your family trusted protection with Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent Aerosol Spray. ...
Insect Repellent News, Research - Page 6
Patent US5298528 - Insect repellent - Google Patents
An insect repellent composition for against mosquitoes or other insects that attack man and or warm-blooded animals contains up ... The present invention relates to an insect repellent, particularly a repellent to be used against mosquitoes or other insects, ... An insect repellent composition for against mosquitoes or other insects that attack man and or warm-blooded animals contains up ... An insect repellent composition for against mosquitoes or other insects that attack man and or warm-blooded animals contains up ...
INSECT REPELLENT COMPOSITION - Darling, Samuel T.
Vanillin or a vanillin-type component may also be included in the insect repellent c ... The present application provides insect repellent compositions that include lemongrass oil and p-menthane-3,8-diol. ... 7. The insect repellent composition of claim 1, containing less than about 20 wt % p-menthane-3,8 diol. 8. The insect repellent ... The insect repellent composition of claim 14, wherein the delivery vehicle is a gel. 16. The insect repellent composition of ...
Insect Repellents & Moth Treatments | Lakeland
Insect Repellents & Moth Treatments | Lakeland
Chemicals, Active / Insect Repellents - HAPPI
The necessity of a good insect repellent should not be underestimated. Not only are flies and mosquitoes bothersome, but these ... There are various methods for producing effective insect repellents from several wild plants. A summary of useful plants and ... Black Fly Repellent Recipe *mix 10-25 drops sassafras essential oil, 2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil, and 1 tablespoon aloe ... place leaves in your shelter to keep bug away; black fly repellent (see recipe below) ...
NEWS:INSECT REPELLENTS 'CAN KILL', PARENTS ARE WARNED - Healthy.net
NEWS:INSECT REPELLENTS CAN KILL, PARENTS ARE WARNED. What Doctors Dont Tell You1 min read ... Parents in the US are being warned against using some insect repellents on their small children because they may trigger a wide ... The problem is the pesticide DEET (diethyl meta toluamide), found in most insect repellents. Those that contain more than 10 ... Tagged asDEETdiethyl meta toluamideinsect repellentpesticidessafetyWhat Doctors Dont Tell You ...
Homemade Organic Insect Repellent With Garlic & Vinegar Water | eHow
... it is important to use organic insect repellent. You can make an insect repellent with garlic and vinegar. It can be completely ... it is important to use organic insect repellent. You can make an insect repellent with garlic and vinegar. It can be completely ... Make your insect repellent with a water base. Pure vinegar can be too strong to use on anything other than plants, so if you ... Your insect repellent wont be organic if the ingredients arent. If the garlic and vinegar is not organic, it might contain ...
Insect Repellent Travel Shirts | REI Co-op
Insect Repellent Use Associated with Hypospadias | Medpage Today
The use of insect repellents by expectant mothers in the first trimester appears to be linked to higher rates of hypospadias, a ... The use of insect repellents by expectant mothers in the first trimester appears to be linked to higher rates of hypospadias, a ... "We found a significant association for risk of hypospadias with the use of insect repellents and total biocide score, but not ... Source Reference: Nieuwenhuijsen M, et al "Use of biocides and insect repellents and risk of hypospadias" Occup Environ Med ...
Making Organic Insect Repellent for Plants | DoItYourself.com
... you may want to spray them with plant insect repellent to ensure that no pests get to them and ruin your plants, flowers or ... Making Organic Insect Repellent for Plants Making Organic Insect Repellent for Plants ... However, many insect repellents and pesticides will not only hurt the insects, but they will also damage your plants, other ... When you are growing plants in your garden, you may want to spray them with plant insect repellent to ensure that no pests get ...
Sawyer DEET-based Insect Repellent | REI Co-op
Shop for Sawyer DEET-based Insect Repellent at REI - Free U.S. standard shipping on orders of $50 or more. Top quality, great ... Premium ULTRA 30 Insect Repellent Lotion - 30 Percent DEET - 3 fl. oz. ... Add Jungle Juice 100 Pump Spray Insect Repellent - 98 Percent DEET - 2 fl. oz. toCompare. ... Add Premium ULTRA 30 Insect Repellent Lotion - 30 Percent DEET - 3 fl. oz. toCompare. ...
Infusing Insect Repellent into Your Clothing | DoItYourself.com
... while insect repellent is customarily applied to your exposed skin. ... Your clothing is your first line of defense against intrusive stinging insects, ... Step 1: Mix a Natural Insect Repellent. One way to infuse your clothes with a natural insect repellent is to put a few drops of ... Your clothing is your first line of defense against intrusive stinging insects, while insect repellent is customarily applied ...
HOMS BiteBlocker Insect Repellents
HOMS Insect Repellents use botanical essential oils to keep biting insects like mosquitoes, black flies, chiggers, and ticks ... DEET-free and pesticide-free, HOMS Insect Repellents are suitable for use on people with chemical sensitivities and/or ... Repel mosquitoes and black flies with BiteBlocker insect repellent! ... then BiteBlocker Insect Repellent and BiteBlocker Xtreme Sportsman are for you! Both repellents are DEET free and utilize ...
InventHelp Invention Allows For More Convenient, Cheaper Insect Repellent Device (CBA-2902)
... including expensive insect-repellent devices, but two inventors from Moncks ... There are many ways to battle insects, including expensive insect-repellent devices, but two inventors from Moncks Corner, S.C ... InventHelp Invention Allows For More Convenient, Cheaper Insect Repellent Device (CBA-2902). ... The easy-to-use THE R.C. is a device that enables a user to eradicate mosquitos and other insects in a more convenient and ...
Insect Repellant Air Purifiers : insect repellant
Plasmacluster Mosquito Catcher is an air purifier designed by Katori Kuusei that is also simultaneously an insect repellant ... The device is fitted with a UV light as well, that is designed to attract mosquitos and other unwanted insects to the light. ... Plasmacluster Mosquito Catcher is an air purifier designed by Katori Kuusei that is also simultaneously an insect repellant ... to look like a humidifier with a sleek and black stand that transmits diffused air as well as a UV light traps unwanted insects ...
Insect repellents - Health Advice - Travel-Images.com
Insect repellents are available in various forms and concentrations. Many skin preparations are available, mostly containing di ... Insect repellents. Choosing insect repellents * Insect repellents are available in various forms and concentrations. Many skin ... Using insect repellents safely * Clothes are the best protection - normally only use repellents on the remaining exposed areas ... If you suspect that you or your children are reacting to an insect repellent, discontinue use, wash treated skin and then ...
MosquitoesSprayTicksRepelsBitesWipesPermethrinInsecticidesPicaridinOrganic insect repellentFliesCitronellaProtectsAerosolSpraysRepel Insect RepellentDiseasesChemicalsFleasSunscreenBugX Insect RepellentMosquitosIngredientsLotionPesticidesDisease-carryinProvenScentTickProductsMoisturiserDeet freeEnough repellent to coverRecommends that repellentsNatrapelPrecautionsKeep insects awayNaturalSafelySearchEffectiveAttract insectsBen'sZikaDiscourageInsecticideApplyLemon eucalyptusCentersTake the repellentInventorsSkinAromatic
- CDC has evaluated information published in peer-reviewed scientific literature and data available from EPA to identify several types of EPA-registered products that provide repellent activity sufficient to help people reduce the bites of disease-carrying mosquitoes. (cdc.gov)
- Designed to provide superb protection against mosquitoes that may carry viruses such as Zika, West Nile and Dengue Fever, this insect repellent lasts up to 8 hours against mosquitoes with proprietary 3M™ Time-Release Technology. (3m.com)
- An insect repellent composition for against mosquitoes or other insects that attack man and or warm-blooded animals contains up to 5% by weight of a local anaesthetic selected from the group comprising alkyl p-aminobenzoate (I), arylamide of 2-aminoacetic acid (II), 2-aminoalkyl aryl ether (III), 2-aminoalkyl. (google.com.au)
- The present invention relates to an insect repellent, particularly a repellent to be used against mosquitoes or other insects, particularly certain fly species, that attack man and or warm-blooded animals. (google.com.au)
- Many substances have been suggested through the years to be used as active ingredients in repellent compositions against mosquitoes, e.g. dimethyl phthalate and N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET). (google.com.au)
- Not only are flies and mosquitoes bothersome, but these parasitic insects also pose potential danger to humans. (brandeis.edu)
- Earth Easy lists garlic and vinegar as repellents for ants, mosquitoes, and fleas, so Jones agrees that a mixture will repel these pests, and will probably help repel others. (ehow.com)
- Insect repellent clothing discourages mosquitoes, flies and other stinging pests from ever landing on you, keeping you sting free. (doityourself.com)
- Bite Blocker Insect Repellent - Repels black flies and mosquitoes for up to 3 hours. (arbico-organics.com)
- The company branded its new technology as 'insect shield,' and it's effective at warding off a plethora of bugs, including mosquitoes and ticks . (howstuffworks.com)
- These Off Insect Repellent ads depict scenes that you really wish the mosquitoes would see. (trendhunter.com)
- This powerful spray offers 42 days of relief from ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, mites and more than 55 other insects. (dickssportinggoods.com)
- Together with the statement setting out the grounds of appeal it was proposed as a subsidiary request to restrict the claimed subject-matter to a method of repelling insects of the group comprising mosquitoes, fleas and flies. (epo.org)
- CareMates™ Insect Repellent Wipes help protect against West Nile Virus and Lyme Disease by warding off the most bothersome biting insects, including mosquitoes, ticks, stable flies, chiggers, black flies, gnats, deer flies and fleas. (prweb.com)
- Tested in some of the worst bug-infested areas in the world, Ben's 30 Wilderness Insect Repellent delivers outstanding protection against deer ticks, mosquitoes and other disease-carrying insects. (mec.ca)
- Using the right repellent and taking other preventive actions can discourage bites from ticks, mosquitoes, and other biting insects. (epa.gov)
- Most biting or sucking insects such as Mosquitoes, Ticks, Sandflies, Fleas and and some Flies. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Mosquitoes sense odours produced by humans and animals with their antennae, and it is thought that DEET confuses insects by jamming their odor receptors. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- No. DEET is a repellent, and you require an insecticide to 'kill' mosquitoes on your net to prevent them from biting you. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Although most parents know that they can use insect repellent on their older children, many are surprised that it is considered safe to use most insect repellents on infants aged two months and older to prevent bites from mosquitoes and other insects. (verywell.com)
- Young Living's Insect Repellent is clinically proven to repel mosquitoes and other tiny invaders using only 100 percent naturally derived, plant-based ingredients. (youngliving.com)
- Mix cedar oil with lemongrass or citronella oil to create an insect repellent that will work equally on mosquitoes and fleas. (ehow.co.uk)
- Our line of natural insect repellent uses essential oils and botanicals to provide protection from mosquitoes, ticks, black flies and other annoying pests. (planetnatural.com)
- incognito Mosquito Repellent is certified as 100% natural and can be used by all the family to provide protection against insects, including all mosquitoes. (bodykind.com)
- incognito mosquito repellent is now one of the strongest repellents in the world and provides excellent protection against all mosquitoes and most biting insects. (bodykind.com)
- A powerful roll on insect repellent to provide protection against mosquitoes, midges, sandflies, horse flies and more. (bodykind.com)
- Insect repellent helps reduce your exposure to mosquitoes that may carry West Nile virus or other diseases, and allows you to continue to play, work and enjoy the outdoors with a lower risk of disease. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Apply DEET or other repellents such as permethrin to clothing, as mosquitoes may bite through thin fabric. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Deep Woods Insect Repellent VII provides long-lasting protection against mosquitoes. (fredmeyer.com)
- Botanicals towelettes and lotions, which are made with a plant-based repellent that protects against mosquitoes, black flies, gnats and no-see-ums. (drugstorenews.com)
- Liquid Net Insect Repellent Wipes contains all natural ingredients including extracts of botanicals that give it a pleasant scent while effectively repelling biting insects such as mosquitoes, no-see-ums, ticks and black flies (gnats). (planetnatural.com)
- From swatting mosquitoes around the campfire to batting away blackflies on the lake, insects can really put a damper on outdoor time. (bobvila.com)
- Mosquitoes and other insects are attracted to carbon dioxide emitted from human skin. (bobvila.com)
- Rather than repelling insects, Permethrin kills them on contact and is effective for a range of bugs including mosquitoes, ticks, and mites. (bobvila.com)
- Effectively repels mosquitoes, midges and other biting insects. (superdrug.com)
- An insect repellent (also commonly called "bug spray") is a substance applied to skin, clothing, or other surfaces which discourages insects (and arthropods in general) from landing or climbing on that surface. (wikipedia.org)
- Natrapel 12 hour Tick and Insect Repellent Spray - 3.4 oz. (ebay.com)
- Don't spray the repellent anywhere near the mouth. (kidshealth.org)
- Ultrathon(TM) Insect Repellent Aerosol Spray, 6 oz. (3m.com)
- The Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent Aerosol Spray delivers the protection of Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent with the convenience of a spray. (3m.com)
- Give yourself and your family trusted protection with Ultrathon™ Insect Repellent Aerosol Spray. (3m.com)
- 14. The insect repellent composition of claim 13, wherein the delivery vehicle is water, an aerosol, spray, gel or lotion. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Use a spray bottle to apply the insect repellent to your plants and let it dry completely. (ehow.com)
- Based on the answers to an eight-item biocide exposure questionnaire, the researchers tallied a total biocide score that took into account whether the mother lived near an agricultural field and exposure to garden pesticides, fly strips or sprays, ant powder, rat poison, plant insect spray, flea treatment of pets, and nit shampoo. (medpagetoday.com)
- When you are growing plants in your garden, you may want to spray them with plant insect repellent to ensure that no pests get to them and ruin your plants, flowers or vegetables. (doityourself.com)
- Jungle Juice 100 Pump Spray Insect Repellent - 98 Percent DEET - 2 fl. (rei.com)
- Both BiteBlocker repellents come in easy to apply spray bottles that allow for quick access and use. (arbico-organics.com)
- The concept behind MayoDraftFCB's Off Insect Repellent ads seems to equate the bug spray brand to a sort of invisibility cloak. (trendhunter.com)
- Spray this odorless, 0.5% Permethrin repellant on your clothing, tent, and other equipment to keep bugs away. (dickssportinggoods.com)
- Woman spraying insect repellents on skin outdoor in nature using spray bottle in forest. (shutterstock.com)
- Cutter Backwoods Insect Repellent Pump Spray, 6-Fl. (truevalue.com)
- 4.3 out of 5 stars with 7 reviews for Ben's 30 Wilderness Insect Repellent Eco-Spray 177ml. (mec.ca)
- A natural sunscreen which also contains the same active ingredient as incognito award-winning insect repellent spray. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- Do not spray your yard for insects and then take medications afterward. (quantumhealth.com)
- Spray repellents in open areas to avoid breathing them in. (healthychildren.org)
- Never spray insect repellent directly onto your child's face. (healthychildren.org)
- Do not spray insect repellent on cuts, wounds, or irritated skin. (healthychildren.org)
- Ben's 30% DEET Insect Repellent Pump Spray, 3.4 oz. (medline.com)
- Avoid breathing a repellent spray, and do not use it near food. (poisoncontrol.org)
- During active infestations, spray every 2 - 3 days as needed until insects are gone. (arbico-organics.com)
- After 4 weeks broadcast spray and repeat every 2 - 3 weeks until insect pressure diminishes below established thresholds. (arbico-organics.com)
- If WACKER CAVASOL ® cyclodextrins are added to the insect spray, they form a complex to a minor extent with the active ingredient of the repellent and reduce its rate of evaporation. (wacker.com)
- While incognito insect repellent comes in the spray you`d expect, it also comes in other innovative forms. (bodykind.com)
- Spray insect repellents containing DEET on your skin, cover up with clothing, preferably treated with clothing treatment and sleep under mosquito nets which have also been treated. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- May not offer the same coverage as a spray repellent. (gooutdoors.co.uk)
- This natural broad spectrum SP25 suncream contains the same insect repellent as used in incognito's award-winning natural spray and roll-on. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- You need to reapply spray repellent frequently because 10 percent evaporates within 1 hour. (bobvila.com)
- The Natrapel 8 Hour Insect Repellent Wipes is a deet free insect repellent that provides protection from biting insects and ticks. (ebay.com)
- Staten Island residents have another reason to apply insect repellent and obsessively check for ticks this spring and summer: the population of a new, potentially dangerous invasive pest known as the Asian longhorned tick has grown dramatically across the borough, according to Columbia University researchers. (news-medical.net)
- Lyme disease is now the most reported vector-borne disease in the United States and the CDC released a report showing that diseases from biting insects, ticks, and mosquitos in the U.S. have tripled since 2004. (news-medical.net)
- Insect shield clothing also wards off ticks, which can carry Lyme disease. (howstuffworks.com)
- When exposed to bug infested areas in warmer climates the risk of bites and stings from mosquitos, ticks, ant, flies, chiggers, midges and other biting insects are high. (cotswoldoutdoor.com)
- DEET is not an insecticide so it doesn't kill insects or ticks. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Not only can certain insects and ticks spread diseases like West Nile Virus , Lyme disease , and Rocky Mountain spotted fever , the bites themselves can become infected with bacteria, like Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). (verywell.com)
- In general, the best insect repellent provides enough protection against biting insects and ticks for your child. (verywell.com)
- Remember that the most effective repellent for ticks is permethrin. (healthychildren.org)
- Ticks-N-All for Mom?s to Be Is made with All Natural Ingredients To be effective against insects and safe for both Mom and Fetus. (wholesalecentral.com)
- AMK Ben's 30 Tick & Insect Repellent Wipes provide up to eight hours of effective protection against ticks and insects that may carry infectious diseases. (adventure16.com)
- Natrapel® provides 12 hours of protection from mosquitos, ticks and other biting insects, thanks to its CDC-recommended 20% Picaridin formula. (copquest.com)
- The safe use of insect repellents is an important way to prevent mosquito bites. (cdc.gov)
- General guidance about insect repellents and tips to prevent mosquito bites. (cdc.gov)
- Protection against disease transmission from insect bites is an important worldwide public health issue. (poison.org)
- As warm weather arrives in the US, the number of insect bites and stings reported to poison control centers increases dramatically. (poison.org)
- More than just an annoyance, insect bites can spread disease. (poison.org)
- If you want a sweat proof, non-flammable, botanically based formula to protect from mosquito and black fly bites, then BiteBlocker Insect Repellent and BiteBlocker Xtreme Sportsman are for you! (arbico-organics.com)
- Warding insects off or killing them on contact with an impregnated fabric is essential to help reduce the risk of itchy insect bites or contracting insect-borne, life threatening diseases such as Malaria, West Nile Virus, Dengue Fever and Lyme Disease. (cotswoldoutdoor.com)
- The CDC recommends using an EPA-registered personal insect repellent, such as Repel 100 Insect Repellent, as a highly effective way to reduce mosquito bites. (amazon.com)
- incognito suncream and insect repellent provides unprecedented protection against both sun damage and insect bites. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- Why Avoid Insect Bites? (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Insect bites can be annoying, itchy and sometimes painful. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Let's take a look at what you need to know about protecting your kids from insect bites. (verywell.com)
- Although once considered just a nuisance, insect bites can lead to serious medical problems. (verywell.com)
- Since bites are itchy , even without any worries about health problems, protect your kids from insect bites by having them apply an insect repellent when they will be outside. (verywell.com)
- While most children have only mild reactions to insect bites, some children can become very sick. (healthychildren.org)
- Read on for more information from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) about types of repellents, DEET, using repellents safely, and other ways to protect your child from insect bites. (healthychildren.org)
- Insect repellents prevent bites from biting insects but not stinging insects. (healthychildren.org)
- Looking to avoid insect bites? (bodykind.com)
- Browse our range of incognito products - find out how you can protect yourself and your family from insect bites. (bodykind.com)
- It also helps prevent insect bites. (bodykind.com)
- Repellent products that do not contain DEET are not likely to offer the same degree of protection from mosquito bites as products containing DEET. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- There are vaccines and medicines available to help protect against some, others are prevented only through avoiding insect bites. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- If you work outside, play outdoor sports, or go camping, you want to avoid insect bites that can make it unpleasant to spend time outdoors. (1staidsupplies.com)
- Strengthens protection from sun-damage and insect bites. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- Solero after sun is enriched with concentrated Aloe Vera and added insect repellent which soothes and calms sun-exposed skin, while protecting your skin from insect bites. (lloydspharmacy.com)
- The best bug repellents are proven safe and effective-safe in that they pose an extremely low risk of side effects and no negative environmental impact, effective because they're proven to reduce bug bites by a minimum of 50 percent when used as directed--or they can't claim they are repellents. (bobvila.com)
- Shepard Medical Products announced its newest infection protection products, CareMates™ Insect Repellent Wipes and CareMates™ Oil-Free Sunscreen Wipe, which were developed to be used separately or together. (prweb.com)
- Packaged in individual packs, CareMates™ pre-moistened wipes are a practical choice for effective sun and insect protection anywhere and anytime for people on the go. (prweb.com)
- With CareMates™ Insect Repellent Wipes, you apply a highly effective repellent exactly when and where it is needed most. (prweb.com)
- CareMates™ Insect Repellent Wipes are enhanced with aloe to keep skin smooth and soft. (prweb.com)
- CareMates™ Insect Repellent Wipes and CareMates™ Sunscreen Wipes have been developed to work together to offer you the highest level of protection. (prweb.com)
- CareMates™ Insect Repellent Wipes and CareMates™ Sunscreen Wipes are convenient, faster and less messy to use than bottled lotions and liquid repellents. (prweb.com)
- CareMates Sunscreen & Insect Repellent Wipes CareMates single-pack sunscreen and insect repellent wipes are easy to carry and easy to use. (prweb.com)
- Adventure Medical Kits Natrapel 12-Hour Insect Repellent - Wipes, 12 pc. (copquest.com)
- These repellents come in the form of sprays, lotions, and wipes to use on your body. (bobvila.com)
- Insect repellent wipes are pre-moistened with liquid insect repellent. (bobvila.com)
- A combination of DEET and permethrin (another ingredient used in insect repellents) caused testicular cell death in rats, and application of DEET to the skin has been shown to cause developmental problems and death in the fetuses and embryos of rats. (medpagetoday.com)
- The secret to insect shield is the use of permethrin , a synthetic version of a naturally occurring chemical called pyrethrum , which is found in chrysanthemum flowers. (howstuffworks.com)
- Permethrin is a 'knockdown' insecticide, meaning it disables the insect when they come in contact with it. (howstuffworks.com)
- Permethrin-based Insect Repellent Clothing. (howstuffworks.com)
- Whether you're camping or tracking deer, Sawyer® Permethrin Insect Repellant will protect you and your gear from irritating pests. (dickssportinggoods.com)
- Coleman Gear & Clothing Insect Treatment, Permethrin, 6-oz. (truevalue.com)
- The most effective repellents contain DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide) or permethrin. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- These garments are generally treated with the insecticide Permethrin, which is technically not a repellent, but tends to be placed in the same category. (bobvila.com)
- Provide Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered insect repellents external icon with one of the active these ingredients: DEET, picaridin (known as KBR 3023 and icaridin outside the US), IR3535, oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE), para-menthane-diol (PMD), or 2-undecanone. (cdc.gov)
- A test of various insect repellents by an independent consumer organization found that repellents containing DEET or picaridin are more effective than repellents with "natural" active ingredients. (wikipedia.org)
- Newer repellents such as picaridin, IR3535, and plant-derived oils may be somewhat safer but are not more effective than DEET. (poison.org)
- Consumer Reports recommends three insect repellents, Sawyer Fisherman's Formula Picaridin, Natrapel 8 Hour and Off Deepwoods VIII. (newschannel5.com)
- Picaridin is a compound found in many mosquito repellents used in Europe, Australia, Latin America, and Asia. (kidshealth.org)
- When choosing an insect repellent for your kids, the most long-lasting insect repellent will have either DEET or Picaridin as an active ingredient. (verywell.com)
- Sawyer 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent Lotion, 4 oz. (overtons.com)
Organic insect repellent3
- Whether you are concerned about your plants, your kids, or your pets, it is important to use organic insect repellent. (ehow.com)
- At the same time, insects can destroy your garden in just a few days and it can be very challenging to keep them out of your garden, but there is a way to create an organic insect repellent that will help keep the bugs away and will not harm your plants, your pets or you and your family. (doityourself.com)
- Natural and organic insect repellent in commercial sizes. (arbico-organics.com)
- We were bothered by flies, wasps and other insects. (thefreedictionary.com)
- It was the only insect repellent which prevented us from being bitten by the relentless tsetse flies. (3m.com)
- Blending highly effective natural ingredients, the AB7 Insect Repellent Collar protects horses against most parasites including flies, midges, mosquitos and horse-flies. (viovet.co.uk)
- Of the 10, eight turned out to be good repellents on fruit flies. (newsmax.com)
- The receptor is also common across many flies and other insects that are a pest for humans and plants. (newsmax.com)
- You may sometimes have flying and crawling insects, such as flies and ants, indoors. (tukes.fi)
- Plant-based repellents such as citronella do not contain chemical deterents such as DEET and may be more suitable for children. (mec.ca)
- Doubts about DEET have spurred interest in alternative insect repellents based on the aromatic oils of certain plants, particularly citronella, a lemon-scented tropical grass. (ecoiq.com)
- Citronella oil has a long history of folk use as a bug repellent, and in Consumer Reports tests, Natrapel, with 10 percent citronella oil, made a "respectable showing. (ecoiq.com)
- Critics claim that because the lemony oil evaporates rapidly, citronella repellents are neither as effective nor as long-lasting as DEET. (ecoiq.com)
- Contains organic citronella to deter biting insects. (bodykind.com)
- incognito Luxury Soap - Citronella and Coconut Oils is totally free of any fragrances that attract insects. (bodykind.com)
- After a few hours, the active ingredient dissipates from the collar and the sebum to create a repellent atmosphere that protects the animal and its rider for a long lasting effect. (viovet.co.uk)
- For example, an insect repellent with 4.75 percent DEET protects your child for about an hour and a half. (verywell.com)
- Repellents in aerosol cans offer excellent projection and quick, even coverage. (bobvila.com)
- Don't use scented soaps, perfumes, or hair sprays on your child because they may attract insects. (healthychildren.org)
- Electronic insect repellent products eliminate the need for chemicals, sprays, poisons, glue traps, and other methods that are unpleasant, messy and unsafe. (bird-x.com)
- Most insect sprays provide 2 to 4 hours of protection, while heavy-duty sprays, such as those used for deep woods camping , can last for up to 12 hours. (bobvila.com)
Repel Insect Repellent1
- However extreme the activity or terrain, there's a Repel insect repellent designed to offer dependable and long-lasting coverage. (amazon.com)
- Insect repellents help prevent and control the outbreak of insect-borne (and other arthropod-bourne) diseases such as malaria, Lyme disease, dengue fever, bubonic plague, river blindness and West Nile fever. (wikipedia.org)
- Our findings pave the way to discover new generations of repellents that will help fight deadly insect-borne diseases worldwide. (newsmax.com)
- In a joint statement released today, EPA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are urging the public to use insect repellents and take other precautions to avoid biting insects that carry serious diseases. (epa.gov)
- Effective insect repellents can protect against serious mosquito- and tick-borne diseases. (epa.gov)
- Insects spread potentially killer diseases like Yellow Fever, Dengue and Malaria. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- There are many tropical diseases spread through insect bits. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- The global insect repellent market has a significant scope due to the rising prevalence of insect-borne diseases, rapid urbanization in emerging economies and growing awareness. (aarkstore.com)
- Without resorting to chemicals, insects will be offended by the odor of the essential oil coming off of your clothes. (doityourself.com)
- Vitamin E. That means you can use it on your little ones and not worry about the harsh chemicals used in many traditional repellents. (youngliving.com)
- Most insect repellents on the market use DEET or harsh chemicals to keep bugs away. (youngliving.com)
- Insecticide treated Mosquito nets - Nets treated with insect repelling chemicals. (gooutdoors.co.uk)
- Nosquito - Clothing treated with insect repelling chemicals. (gooutdoors.co.uk)
- Extracted from the bark of cedar trees, cedar oil is a safe and natural insect repellent that is particularly effective against fleas. (ehow.co.uk)
- If also applying sunscreen, apply sunscreen first and insect repellent second. (cdc.gov)
- Once the sunscreen has dried, apply the insect repellent over the sunscreen on exposed skin. (prweb.com)
- The insect repellent WILL NOT degrade the effectiveness of the sunscreen. (prweb.com)
- The Skin-So-Soft products with IR3535 are all combination products that include both an insect repellent and a sunscreen, which is usually discouraged by most experts since you usually have to reapply sunscreen every few hours. (verywell.com)
BugX Insect Repellent1
- BugX Insect Repellent contain 30% DEET to repel a variety of annoying, biting insects. (gemplers.com)
- No matter which repellent you choose, check the list of active ingredients. (kidshealth.org)
- In order to prolong their effect attempts have been made to incorporate the active ingredients with insect-repellent properties in different forms of preparations. (google.com.au)
- Earth Easy, an online site devoted to natural insect control, lists vinegar and garlic as two main ingredients to fighting bugs. (ehow.com)
- Your insect repellent won't be organic if the ingredients aren't. (ehow.com)
- They cautioned that their study was limited by its reliance on questionnaires to determine exposure instead of direct measurement and that they lacked information on the type of repellents mothers used, the ingredients of the products, and the amounts applied to the skin. (medpagetoday.com)
- DEET and other repellent ingredients will sting the eyes. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Insect repellents with other natural ingredients usually provide less protection. (verywell.com)
- Pure sesame oil and a carefully selected blend of essential oils traditionally used for their bug-repellent properties come together to make up all 99 percent of the active ingredients in this formula. (youngliving.com)
- Products with a low concentration of active ingredients may be appropriate for situations where exposure to insects is minimal. (poisoncontrol.org)
- Higher concentration of active ingredients may be useful in highly infested areas, or with insect species, which are more difficult to repel. (poisoncontrol.org)
- You or your doctor can get specific medical information about the active ingredients in repellents and other pesticides by calling the Texas Poison Center Network or the National Pesticide Telecommunications Network (NPTN) at 1-800-858-7378. (poisoncontrol.org)
- Insect repellent lotions provide thorough, even coverage and efficient use of the repellent ingredients. (bobvila.com)
- Bug Check combines two top insect control ingredients to deter insects from biting and breeding in manure making it more effective. (sstack.com)
- They conducted telephone interviews with the mothers between September 2000 and March 2003, questioning them about demographics, lifestyle and environmental factors, including the use of pesticides and insect repellents, during pregnancy. (medpagetoday.com)
- However, many insect repellents and pesticides will not only hurt the insects, but they will also damage your plants, other animals and you when you eat your plants. (doityourself.com)
- The findings, published in the July issue of Ecology Letters , may provide new environmentally friendly tactics for repelling and controlling disease-carrying insects. (phys.org)
- These newly identified compounds, and others that remain to be discovered, might be effective in controlling populations of disease-carrying insects . (phys.org)
- While other soaps can attract insects with their scent, Camper's Choice will repel bugs for several hours. (herbariasoap.com)
- Most types of bug repellents work to block these scent receptors, preventing the insects from finding their target. (bobvila.com)
- This repellent has a tropical scent that makes it both effective and pleasant smelling. (officeworks.com.au)
- Repel Tick Defense Repellent, 6.5-oz. (truevalue.com)
- For example, if you need a tick repellent, make sure that the product label lists this use. (poisoncontrol.org)
- Shove into that mosquito-swarmed mangrove channel, cruise that midge-choked marsh, and hike down that tick-infested riverbank with confidence suited up in our SIMMS BugStopper® insect repellent clothing. (simmsfishing.com)
- All the synthetics gave almost 100% repellency for the first 2 hours, where the natural repellent products were most effective for the first 30 to 60 minutes, and required reapplication to be effective over several hours. (wikipedia.org)
- There are also products available based on sound production, particularly ultrasound (inaudibly high-frequency sounds) which purport to be insect repellents. (wikipedia.org)
- PMD is a plant-based repellent that gives protection time similar to low concentrations of DEET products. (kidshealth.org)
- All the other insect repellant products we bought were completely useless. (3m.com)
- New York State has banned all products containing more than 30 per cent DEET, and many supermarkets and stores around the country are looking to stock DEET free repellents (Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients, July 1997). (healthy.net)
- We are encouraging manufacturers to submit applications so they can add the graphic to their registered repellent products. (epa.gov)
- The public could see the graphic on repellent products early next year. (epa.gov)
- Current labels of skin-applied repellent products do not make it easy for consumers to identify the insects repelled by a product and how long it will work. (epa.gov)
- There are various other Bite Avoidance products available, both repellents and contact killers, with different uses and applications. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- After reading this you might want to consider the alternative, healthier natural mosquito repellent products. (quantumhealth.com)
- Without the proper use of insect control products, all that hard work you put into your lawn and backyard can be gone in a matter of days. (garden.com)
- Eliminate potentially harmful pests with powerful yet safe insect killers and repellents, like stink bug traps and mosquito control products. (garden.com)
- Find the insect repellent and bite avoidance products for your trip. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Bird-X offers electronic insect repellent products that use audio frequencies to get rid of bugs . (bird-x.com)
- Tri-action suncream, insect repellent and moisturiser. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- Both repellents are DEET free and utilize essential oil blends to provide long-lasting repellent action from pesky biting bugs. (arbico-organics.com)
- Simply Soothing Natural Bug Repellent, Deet Free, 2-oz. (truevalue.com)
- Coleman SkinSmart Insect Repellent, Deet Free, 6-oz. (truevalue.com)
- CRC DEET-Free Outdoor Only Insect Repellent, 6 oz. (grainger.com)
- It's about time - a DEET-free insect repellent that really works! (copquest.com)
Enough repellent to cover1
- Use just enough repellent to cover exposed skin. (travel-images.com)
Recommends that repellents2
- TSA 3.4oz travel size allows you to bring the maximum amount of Natrapel insect repellent with you wherever you fly. (ebay.com)
- Use the same precautions with such preparations as you would with insect repellant. (quantumhealth.com)
Keep insects away3
- Synthetic repellents tend to be more effective and/or longer lasting than "natural" repellents. (wikipedia.org)
- Insect repellents are divided into two primary chemical classes: natural and synthetic. (thefreedictionary.com)
- One way to infuse your clothes with a natural insect repellent is to put a few drops of a mixture directly on it. (doityourself.com)
- It's easy to repel insects the natural way by making an essential oil mixture and applying it to your clothes, or infusing a load of clothes in the dryer. (doityourself.com)
- Chrysanthemums are known as a good natural deterrent to pesky insects. (howstuffworks.com)
- Some plants are natural insect repellents. (gardenguides.com)
- Researchers say they had discovered four natural mosquito repellents to succeed DEET, a compound whose origins go back to World War II. (newsmax.com)
- incognito sun cream and insect repellent cleverly combines SPF with insect repellent for unprecedented natural protection. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- What about 'natural' bug repellents? (verywell.com)
- There are caveats with natural insect repellents that contain oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE), a plant-based insect repellent. (verywell.com)
- Insect repellent compositions more efficient than those comprising Tarchonanthus camphoratus (or fractions of such extracts) alone, the insect repellant compositions of the invention comprising an extract of Tarchonanthus camphoratus (or fractions of such extracts), and a natural or synthetic triglyceride, wherein the total amount of said extract and said triglyceride is an insect repellent active amount. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 1. Insect repellent composition, comprising: an extract of Tarchonanthus camphoratus or an insect repellent fraction thereof, and a natural or synthetic triglyceride, wherein the total amount of said extract and said triglyceride is an insect repellent active amount. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 5. A method for synergistically enhancing the insect repellent activity of an extract of Tarchonanthus camphoratus or an insect repellent fraction thereof, comprising: adding an insect repellent activity synergistically enhancing amount of a natural or synthetic triglyceride to the extract of Tarchonanthus camphoratus or the insect repellent fraction thereof. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 9. Cosmetic and/or pharmaceutical formulation, comprising an extract of Tarchonanthus camphoratus or an insect repellent fraction thereof, a natural or synthetic triglyceride, a cosmetic and/or pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, and, optionally one or more typical additives, wherein the total amount of said extract and said triglyceride is an insect repellent active amount. (freepatentsonline.com)
- It does not change the taste or smell for humans or livestock, but insects can't stand the natural sulfurs absorbed from the garlic. (arbico-organics.com)
- incognito Hair & Body Wash with Insect Repellent is a great example - a completely natural way to cleanse and condition your hair, while still discouraging unwanted attention from insects. (bodykind.com)
- It has a completely natural fragrance and emits strong, refreshing notes that help to keep the majority of insects away. (bodykind.com)
- It works in a similar way as a potent natural insect repellent, with the added benefit of antibacterial and antifungal properties. (lifestyle.com.au)
- However, some plant-based repellents may provide effective relief as well. (wikipedia.org)
- DEET has been the most widely used and most effective insect repellent for 60 years. (poison.org)
- There are various methods for producing effective insect repellents from several wild plants. (brandeis.edu)
- The clothing has been shown to be fairly effective at warding off insects where your skin isn't covered with the clothing as well. (howstuffworks.com)
- Insect Shield technology converts clothing and gear into convenient, effective insect protection. (howstuffworks.com)
- Using more doesn't make the repellent more effective. (healthychildren.org)
- DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide), was developed in the 1950s, and is the world's most effective insect repellent. (ecoiq.com)
- Both have proved to be very effective against a variety of biting insects. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Avoid dressing your child in clothing with bright colors or flowery prints because they seem to attract insects. (healthychildren.org)
- While many bug repellents are alcohol-based, Ben's uses a unique water-based formula. (mec.ca)
- On the mosquito Aedes aegypti, the vector of Zika virus, only one repellent that did not contain DEET had a strong effect for the duration of the 240 minutes test: a lemon eucalyptus oil repellent. (wikipedia.org)
- Consumer Reports tested a number of insect repellents for their effectiveness against the Aedes mosquito, the type of mosquito known to transmit Zika. (newschannel5.com)
- When properly used, insect repellents can discourage biting insects from landing on treated skin or clothing. (poisoncontrol.org)
- Portable, easy to apply, and perfect for travel, this repellent is a must for travelers or those who work outside. (ebay.com)
- Consumer Reports says you should only apply repellents to exposed skin or clothing, never under clothing. (newschannel5.com)
- Do not apply mosquito repellents over cuts, wounds, or irritated skin. (newschannel5.com)
- Also do not apply repellent directly to your face. (newschannel5.com)
- Parents should not let young children apply insect repellent themselves. (newschannel5.com)
- Do not apply repellent to kids' hands. (kidshealth.org)
- Apply the repellent in an open area so that you and your child don't breathe it in. (kidshealth.org)
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure or as soon as insects are bothering you. (hollandandbarrett.com)
- Only apply insect repellents on the outside of your child's clothing and on exposed skin. (healthychildren.org)
- Help apply insect repellent on young children. (healthychildren.org)
- Never apply insect repellent to children younger than 2 months. (healthychildren.org)
- Ensure that cedar oil doesn't get into your mouth, eyes or nose when you apply it as an insect repellent, and use caution when applying cedar oil on small children, who may be tempted to taste or lick the aromatic substance. (ehow.co.uk)
- Only apply repellent on places that cannot be covered by clothes. (tukes.fi)
- if biting insects do not respond to a thin film of repellent, apply a bit more. (poisoncontrol.org)
- Don't apply repellent under clothing. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Do not apply repellent to cuts, wounds, or irritated skin. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Do not allow young children to apply insect repellents to themselves. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- When using repellent on a child, apply it to your own hands and then rub them on your child. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- Do not apply repellent to skin under clothing. (southernnevadahealthdistrict.org)
- However, an insect repellent that contains oil of lemon eucalyptus should not be used on children under age three years old. (verywell.com)
- Using an essential oil or 'Pure' oil of lemon eucalyptus is not recommended as an insect repellent, as the EPA has never tested the safety or effectiveness of essential oils for this purpose. (verywell.com)
- The American Association of Poison Control Centers says that 6745 people reported side effects to insect repellents in 1995, with 4332 of those being children under the age of 6. (healthy.net)
Take the repellent2
- There are many ways to battle insects, including expensive insect-repellent devices, but two inventors from Moncks Corner, S.C., decided that there needs to be a more economical alternative for this task. (prweb.com)
- Employers should provide workers with repellents to use on their skin and clothing. (cdc.gov)
- Do not use repellent under clothing or on skin that is injured or irritated. (cdc.gov)
- An insect repellent (IR) is defined as a chemical that makes the air within about 1.5 inch above human skin obnoxious enough to insects that they are less likely to land and bite. (poison.org)
- Formulated with a polymer, this mosquito repellent traps DEET and releases it over skin surfaces for long-lasting protection for the whole family. (3m.com)
- After application of such compositions to the skin, the repellent is released by evaporation over a period of time. (google.com.au)
- Furthermore, it has been shown that the known active principles with insect repellent properties are easily absorbed by the skin and may cause dermal allergies, skin irritation, etc. (google.com.au)
- However, the film formed on the skin by this composition may easily break and the repellent effect thereby be considerably reduced. (google.com.au)
- 10. A method of repelling insects comprising topically applying the composition of claim 1 to the skin of an animal. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 18. A method of repelling insects comprising topically applying the composition of claim 3 to the skin of a human. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Your clothing is your first line of defense against intrusive stinging insects, while insect repellent is customarily applied to your exposed skin. (doityourself.com)
- Clothes are the best protection - normally only use repellents on the remaining exposed areas of skin and shirt collars and cuffs and the ankle bottoms of trousers or slacks. (travel-images.com)
- Never use repellents over cuts, wounds, or irritated skin. (travel-images.com)
- If you suspect that you or your children are reacting to an insect repellent, discontinue use, wash treated skin and then contact your doctor. (travel-images.com)
- If you want to use a little DEET on your exposed skin too, you can almost guarantee an insect-free experience. (howstuffworks.com)
- It clears up quickly when the repellent is washed from the skin. (nomadtravel.co.uk)
- Young Living's Insect Repellent has a naturally derived, hypoallergenic formula that leaves skin feeling smooth and moisturized instead of greasy or sticky. (youngliving.com)
- Wash your children's skin with soap and water to remove any repellent when they return indoors, and wash their clothing before they wear it again. (healthychildren.org)
- If you suspect that your child is having a reaction, such as a rash, to an insect repellent, stop using the product and wash your child's skin with soap and water. (healthychildren.org)
- Repellents should be applied only to exposed skin and/or clothing (as directed on the product label). (poisoncontrol.org)
- If you suspect that you or your child is reacting to an insect repellent, wash treated skin and then call you're the Texas Poison Center Network. (poisoncontrol.org)
- Insect repellent clothing provides an alternative to skin applications. (bobvila.com)
- No. 4,477,467 discloses an insect repellent composition containing DEET as active agent in combination with an aromatic carrier. (google.com.au)
- Sage is native to all regions of the country and provides a strongly aromatic barrier to insects that damage vegetables. (gardenguides.com)
- Leaning on the cushion will crush the lavender flowers releasing an aromatic insect repellent. (craftbits.com)
- Here, I've mixed it with a couple of other aromatic insecticidal plants for a modern take on a traditional South-East Asian bug-repellent oil, with a sweet spicy fragrance that smells wonderful to anyone but insects. (lifestyle.com.au)