Powders: Substances made up of an aggregation of small particles, as that obtained by grinding or trituration of a solid drug. In pharmacy it is a form in which substances are administered. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Dry Powder Inhalers: A device that delivers medication to the lungs in the form of a dry powder.Administration, Inhalation: The administration of drugs by the respiratory route. It includes insufflation into the respiratory tract.Nebulizers and Vaporizers: Devices that cause a liquid or solid to be converted into an aerosol (spray) or a vapor. It is used in drug administration by inhalation, humidification of ambient air, and in certain analytical instruments.Aerosols: Colloids with a gaseous dispersing phase and either liquid (fog) or solid (smoke) dispersed phase; used in fumigation or in inhalation therapy; may contain propellant agents.Inhalation Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents by inhaling them.Metered Dose Inhalers: A small aerosol canister used to release a calibrated amount of medication for inhalation.Bronchodilator Agents: Agents that cause an increase in the expansion of a bronchus or bronchial tubes.Particle Size: Relating to the size of solids.Chemistry, Pharmaceutical: Chemistry dealing with the composition and preparation of agents having PHARMACOLOGIC ACTIONS or diagnostic use.Albuterol: A short-acting beta-2 adrenergic agonist that is primarily used as a bronchodilator agent to treat ASTHMA. Albuterol is prepared as a racemic mixture of R(-) and S(+) stereoisomers. The stereospecific preparation of R(-) isomer of albuterol is referred to as levalbuterol.Smoke Inhalation Injury: Pulmonary injury following the breathing in of toxic smoke from burning materials such as plastics, synthetics, building materials, etc. This injury is the most frequent cause of death in burn patients.Burns, Inhalation: Burns of the respiratory tract caused by heat or inhaled chemicals.Inhalation: The act of BREATHING in.Budesonide: A glucocorticoid used in the management of ASTHMA, the treatment of various skin disorders, and allergic RHINITIS.Freeze Drying: Method of tissue preparation in which the tissue specimen is frozen and then dehydrated at low temperature in a high vacuum. This method is also used for dehydrating pharmaceutical and food products.Chlorofluorocarbons: A series of hydrocarbons containing both chlorine and fluorine. These have been used as refrigerants, blowing agents, cleaning fluids, solvents, and as fire extinguishing agents. They have been shown to cause stratospheric ozone depletion and have been banned for many uses.Drug Compounding: The preparation, mixing, and assembling of a drug. (From Remington, The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, 19th ed, p1814)Asthma: A form of bronchial disorder with three distinct components: airway hyper-responsiveness (RESPIRATORY HYPERSENSITIVITY), airway INFLAMMATION, and intermittent AIRWAY OBSTRUCTION. It is characterized by spasmodic contraction of airway smooth muscle, WHEEZING, and dyspnea (DYSPNEA, PAROXYSMAL).Lactose: A disaccharide of GLUCOSE and GALACTOSE in human and cow milk. It is used in pharmacy for tablets, in medicine as a nutrient, and in industry.Aerosol Propellants: Compressed gases or vapors in a container which, upon release of pressure and expansion through a valve, carry another substance from the container. They are used for cosmetics, household cleaners, and so on. Examples are BUTANES; CARBON DIOXIDE; FLUOROCARBONS; NITROGEN; and PROPANE. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Excipients: Usually inert substances added to a prescription in order to provide suitable consistency to the dosage form. These include binders, matrix, base or diluent in pills, tablets, creams, salves, etc.Pregnadienediols: Doubly unsaturated pregnane derivatives with two hydroxy groups substituted anywhere on the rings or side chains.Capsules: Hard or soft soluble containers used for the oral administration of medicine.Beclomethasone: An anti-inflammatory, synthetic glucocorticoid. It is used topically as an anti-inflammatory agent and in aerosol form for the treatment of ASTHMA.Desiccation: Removal of moisture from a substance (chemical, food, tissue, etc.).Technology, Pharmaceutical: The application of scientific knowledge or technology to pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry. It includes methods, techniques, and instrumentation in the manufacture, preparation, compounding, dispensing, packaging, and storing of drugs and other preparations used in diagnostic and determinative procedures, and in the treatment of patients.Powder Diffraction: Method of using a polycrystalline powder and Rietveld refinement (LEAST SQUARES ANALYSIS) of X-RAY DIFFRACTION or NEUTRON DIFFRACTION. It circumvents the difficulties of producing single large crystals.Ethanolamines: AMINO ALCOHOLS containing the ETHANOLAMINE; (-NH2CH2CHOH) group and its derivatives.Drug Carriers: Forms to which substances are incorporated to improve the delivery and the effectiveness of drugs. Drug carriers are used in drug-delivery systems such as the controlled-release technology to prolong in vivo drug actions, decrease drug metabolism, and reduce drug toxicity. Carriers are also used in designs to increase the effectiveness of drug delivery to the target sites of pharmacological actions. Liposomes, albumin microspheres, soluble synthetic polymers, DNA complexes, protein-drug conjugates, and carrier erythrocytes among others have been employed as biodegradable drug carriers.Forced Expiratory Volume: Measure of the maximum amount of air that can be expelled in a given number of seconds during a FORCED VITAL CAPACITY determination . It is usually given as FEV followed by a subscript indicating the number of seconds over which the measurement is made, although it is sometimes given as a percentage of forced vital capacity.Drug Delivery Systems: Systems for the delivery of drugs to target sites of pharmacological actions. Technologies employed include those concerning drug preparation, route of administration, site targeting, metabolism, and toxicity.Terbutaline: A selective beta-2 adrenergic agonist used as a bronchodilator and tocolytic.Anti-Asthmatic Agents: Drugs that are used to treat asthma.Lung: Either of the pair of organs occupying the cavity of the thorax that effect the aeration of the blood.Microscopy, Electron, Scanning: Microscopy in which the object is examined directly by an electron beam scanning the specimen point-by-point. The image is constructed by detecting the products of specimen interactions that are projected above the plane of the sample, such as backscattered electrons. Although SCANNING TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY also scans the specimen point by point with the electron beam, the image is constructed by detecting the electrons, or their interaction products that are transmitted through the sample plane, so that is a form of TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY.Inhalation Spacers: A variety of devices used in conjunction with METERED DOSE INHALERS. Their purpose is to hold the released medication for inhalation and make it easy for the patients to inhale the metered dose of medication into their lungs.Pregnenediones: Unsaturated pregnane derivatives containing two keto groups on side chains or ring structures.Chemical EngineeringChlorobenzenesNanoparticles: Nanometer-sized particles that are nanoscale in three dimensions. They include nanocrystaline materials; NANOCAPSULES; METAL NANOPARTICLES; DENDRIMERS, and QUANTUM DOTS. The uses of nanoparticles include DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS and cancer targeting and imaging.Cross-Over Studies: Studies comparing two or more treatments or interventions in which the subjects or patients, upon completion of the course of one treatment, are switched to another. In the case of two treatments, A and B, half the subjects are randomly allocated to receive these in the order A, B and half to receive them in the order B, A. A criticism of this design is that effects of the first treatment may carry over into the period when the second is given. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)Respiratory Therapy: Care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system. It includes the therapeutic use of medical gases and their administrative apparatus, environmental control systems, humidification, aerosols, ventilatory support, bronchopulmonary drainage and exercise, respiratory rehabilitation, assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and maintenance of natural, artificial, and mechanical airways.Equipment Design: Methods of creating machines and devices.Hydrocarbons, FluorinatedMannitol: A diuretic and renal diagnostic aid related to sorbitol. It has little significant energy value as it is largely eliminated from the body before any metabolism can take place. It can be used to treat oliguria associated with kidney failure or other manifestations of inadequate renal function and has been used for determination of glomerular filtration rate. Mannitol is also commonly used as a research tool in cell biological studies, usually to control osmolarity.Double-Blind Method: A method of studying a drug or procedure in which both the subjects and investigators are kept unaware of who is actually getting which specific treatment.Inspiratory Capacity: The maximum volume of air that can be inspired after reaching the end of a normal, quiet expiration. It is the sum of the TIDAL VOLUME and the INSPIRATORY RESERVE VOLUME. Common abbreviation is IC.Therapeutic Equivalency: The relative equivalency in the efficacy of different modes of treatment of a disease, most often used to compare the efficacy of different pharmaceuticals to treat a given disease.Peak Expiratory Flow Rate: Measurement of the maximum rate of airflow attained during a FORCED VITAL CAPACITY determination. Common abbreviations are PEFR and PFR.Calorimetry, Differential Scanning: Differential thermal analysis in which the sample compartment of the apparatus is a differential calorimeter, allowing an exact measure of the heat of transition independent of the specific heat, thermal conductivity, and other variables of the sample.Drug Storage: The process of keeping pharmaceutical products in an appropriate location.Humidity: A measure of the amount of WATER VAPOR in the air.Stearic Acids: A group of compounds that are derivatives of octadecanoic acid which is one of the most abundant fatty acids found in animal lipids. (Stedman, 25th ed)Surface Properties: Characteristics or attributes of the outer boundaries of objects, including molecules.Respiratory System Agents: Drugs used for their effects on the respiratory system.Anesthetics, Inhalation: Gases or volatile liquids that vary in the rate at which they induce anesthesia; potency; the degree of circulation, respiratory, or neuromuscular depression they produce; and analgesic effects. Inhalation anesthetics have advantages over intravenous agents in that the depth of anesthesia can be changed rapidly by altering the inhaled concentration. Because of their rapid elimination, any postoperative respiratory depression is of relatively short duration. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p173)X-Ray Diffraction: The scattering of x-rays by matter, especially crystals, with accompanying variation in intensity due to interference effects. Analysis of the crystal structure of materials is performed by passing x-rays through them and registering the diffraction image of the rays (CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, X-RAY). (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Adrenergic beta-2 Receptor Agonists: Compounds bind to and activate ADRENERGIC BETA-2 RECEPTORS.Colistin: Cyclic polypeptide antibiotic from Bacillus colistinus. It is composed of Polymyxins E1 and E2 (or Colistins A, B, and C) which act as detergents on cell membranes. Colistin is less toxic than Polymyxin B, but otherwise similar; the methanesulfonate is used orally.Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive: A disease of chronic diffuse irreversible airflow obstruction. Subcategories of COPD include CHRONIC BRONCHITIS and PULMONARY EMPHYSEMA.Anesthesia, Inhalation: Anesthesia caused by the breathing of anesthetic gases or vapors or by insufflating anesthetic gases or vapors into the respiratory tract.Drug Stability: The chemical and physical integrity of a pharmaceutical product.Androstadienes: Derivatives of the steroid androstane having two double bonds at any site in any of the rings.Administration, Intranasal: Delivery of medications through the nasal mucosa.Anthrax Vaccines: Vaccines or candidate vaccines used to prevent ANTHRAX.Biological Availability: The extent to which the active ingredient of a drug dosage form becomes available at the site of drug action or in a biological medium believed to reflect accessibility to a site of action.Scopolamine Derivatives: Analogs or derivatives of scopolamine.Benzyl Alcohols: Alcohols derived from the aryl radical (C6H5CH2-) and defined by C6H5CHOH. The concept includes derivatives with any substituents on the benzene ring.Anti-Inflammatory Agents: Substances that reduce or suppress INFLAMMATION.Respiratory Function Tests: Measurement of the various processes involved in the act of respiration: inspiration, expiration, oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange, lung volume and compliance, etc.Bronchial Provocation Tests: Tests involving inhalation of allergens (nebulized or in dust form), nebulized pharmacologically active solutions (e.g., histamine, methacholine), or control solutions, followed by assessment of respiratory function. These tests are used in the diagnosis of asthma.Solubility: The ability of a substance to be dissolved, i.e. to form a solution with another substance. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Vaccines, Virus-Like Particle: Vaccines using supra-molecular structures composed of multiple copies of recombinantly expressed viral structural proteins. They are often antigentically indistinguishable from the virus from which they were derived.Polyglycolic Acid: A biocompatible polymer used as a surgical suture material.Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Spectroscopy, Fourier Transform Infrared: A spectroscopic technique in which a range of wavelengths is presented simultaneously with an interferometer and the spectrum is mathematically derived from the pattern thus obtained.Air Pollutants, Occupational: Air pollutants found in the work area. They are usually produced by the specific nature of the occupation.Dose-Response Relationship, Drug: The relationship between the dose of an administered drug and the response of the organism to the drug.Adrenal Cortex HormonesAtmosphere Exposure Chambers: Experimental devices used in inhalation studies in which a person or animal is either partially or completely immersed in a chemically controlled atmosphere.Treatment Outcome: Evaluation undertaken to assess the results or consequences of management and procedures used in combating disease in order to determine the efficacy, effectiveness, safety, and practicability of these interventions in individual cases or series.Tablets: Solid dosage forms, of varying weight, size, and shape, which may be molded or compressed, and which contain a medicinal substance in pure or diluted form. (Dorland, 28th ed)Drug Combinations: Single preparations containing two or more active agents, for the purpose of their concurrent administration as a fixed dose mixture.Talc: Finely powdered native hydrous magnesium silicate. It is used as a dusting powder, either alone or with starch or boric acid, for medicinal and toilet preparations. It is also an excipient and filler for pills, tablets, and for dusting tablet molds. (From Merck Index, 11th ed)Cystic Fibrosis: An autosomal recessive genetic disease of the EXOCRINE GLANDS. It is caused by mutations in the gene encoding the CYSTIC FIBROSIS TRANSMEMBRANE CONDUCTANCE REGULATOR expressed in several organs including the LUNG, the PANCREAS, the BILIARY SYSTEM, and the SWEAT GLANDS. Cystic fibrosis is characterized by epithelial secretory dysfunction associated with ductal obstruction resulting in AIRWAY OBSTRUCTION; chronic RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS; PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY; maldigestion; salt depletion; and HEAT PROSTRATION.Liposomes: Artificial, single or multilaminar vesicles (made from lecithins or other lipids) that are used for the delivery of a variety of biological molecules or molecular complexes to cells, for example, drug delivery and gene transfer. They are also used to study membranes and membrane proteins.Dust: Earth or other matter in fine, dry particles. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)1,2-Dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine: Synthetic phospholipid used in liposomes and lipid bilayers to study biological membranes. It is also a major constituent of PULMONARY SURFACTANTS.Guinea Pigs: A common name used for the genus Cavia. The most common species is Cavia porcellus which is the domesticated guinea pig used for pets and biomedical research.Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid: Washing liquid obtained from irrigation of the lung, including the BRONCHI and the PULMONARY ALVEOLI. It is generally used to assess biochemical, inflammatory, or infection status of the lung.Technetium: The first artificially produced element and a radioactive fission product of URANIUM. Technetium has the atomic symbol Tc, atomic number 43, and atomic weight 98.91. All technetium isotopes are radioactive. Technetium 99m (m=metastable) which is the decay product of Molybdenum 99, has a half-life of about 6 hours and is used diagnostically as a radioactive imaging agent. Technetium 99 which is a decay product of technetium 99m, has a half-life of 210,000 years.Xenon Radioisotopes: Unstable isotopes of xenon that decay or disintegrate emitting radiation. Xe atoms with atomic weights 121-123, 125, 127, 133, 135, 137-145 are radioactive xenon isotopes.Glucocorticoids: A group of CORTICOSTEROIDS that affect carbohydrate metabolism (GLUCONEOGENESIS, liver glycogen deposition, elevation of BLOOD SUGAR), inhibit ADRENOCORTICOTROPIC HORMONE secretion, and possess pronounced anti-inflammatory activity. They also play a role in fat and protein metabolism, maintenance of arterial blood pressure, alteration of the connective tissue response to injury, reduction in the number of circulating lymphocytes, and functioning of the central nervous system.
It is also used in Pulmonary Aspergillosis in a dry powder inhalation system.. ...
For ease of identification, many MDI's are colour-coded Inhaler Dry powder inhaler Asthma Pharmaceutical Inhalation Aerosol ... Dry powder inhalers involve micronised powder often packaged in single dose quantities in blisters or gel capsules containing ... Several inhalation products are now sold with a dose counter-actuator. Depending on the manufacturer and the product, inhalers ... "Inhalation Aerosols: Physical and Biological Basis for Therapy"", ed. A. J. Hickey, 2nd edition, Informa Healthcare, NY, 2007. ...
... is available as syrup, tablets, pastilles, dry powder sachets, inhalation solution, drops and ampules as well as ...
... or dry powder inhaler (DPI). In both methods the drug is delivered directly into the lungs by inhalation. In recent years, ...
Dry powder inhaler as well as propellant metered dose inhaler (pMDI) formulations have also been created and evaluated in the ... Preclinical studies bear evidence to the fact that ciclosporin when administered orally or via inhalation is capable of ... has led to renewed interest with aerosolized ciclosporin formulations and one early stage trial involving a dry powder inhaler ... Ridder, WH 3rd (Dec 2008). "Ciclosporin use in dry eye disease patients". Expert Opin Pharmacother. 9 (17): 3121-8. doi:10.1517 ...
... or dry powder inhalers, which dispense powder which can be inhaled. Salbutamol (INN) or albuterol (USAN) and some other β2 ... each inhalation from a meter dose inhalor delivers 200µg of terbuatline.11 inhalation may be used 4-6 hourly.Injection 0.25 mg ... This is also a long acting beta 2 agonist drug and is available as dry powder in capsules, containing 12μg/capsules.Its dose is ... Findings indicate that β2 stimulants, especially in parenteral administration such as inhalation or injection, can induce ...
Although not approved for use in any country, mannitol dry inhalation powder, has been granted orphan drug status by the FDA ... Bronchiectasis may also present with coughing up blood (hemoptysis) in the absence of sputum, called "dry bronchiectasis". ...
It is marketed in three forms: a dry-powder inhaler, a metered-dose inhaler and an inhalation solution, under various trade ... Foradil/Foradile capsules for oral inhalation (Schering-Plough in the U.S., Novartis rest of world) Oxeze/Oxis Turbuhaler DPI ( ... AstraZeneca) Atock (Astellas) Atimos/Atimos Modulite MDI (Chiesi) Perforomist inhalation solution (Mylan N.V.) Arformoterol ((R ...
... and whether the nanomaterial is a dry powder or incorporated into a slurry or liquid suspension. Animal studies indicate that ... The inhalation risk is affected by the dustiness of the material, the tendency of particles to become airborne in response to a ... Inhalation exposure is the most common route of exposure to airborne particles in the workplace. The deposition of ... Nanomaterials can gain access to the blood stream via inhalation or ingestion. Broken skin is an ineffective particle barrier, ...
For example, using a nanomaterial slurry or suspension in a liquid solvent instead of a dry powder will reduce dust exposure. ... The inhalation risk is affected by the dustiness of the material, the tendency of particles to become airborne in response to a ... High-resistivity powders can accumulate electric charge causing a spark hazard, and low-resistivity powders can build up in ... In general, powders of nanomaterials have higher resistivity than the equivalent micron-scale powders, and humidity decreases ...
Most DPIs rely on the force of patient inhalation to entrain powder from the device and subsequently break-up the powder into ... A dry-powder inhaler (DPI) is a device that delivers medication to the lungs in the form of a dry powder. DPIs are commonly ... "Hypersensitivity reaction after inhalation of a lactose-containing dry powder inhaler". J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 19: 206-11. ... Guidance for Industry: Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI) and Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI) Drug Products - Food and Drug Administration ...
These systems used dry magnetic powders, wet powders, or aerosols. After the part has been magnetized it needs to be ... It is dangerous to use kerosene or mineral spirits as a carrier due to their low flash points, and inhalation of fumes by the ... Dry powders are normally applied using hand operated air powder applicators. Aerosol applied particles are similar to wet ... Dry particle powders range in size from 5 to 170 micrometres, designed to be seen in white light conditions. The particles are ...
Dry powder inhalers release a metered or device-measured dose of powdered medication that is inhaled through a DPI device. ... Early inhalation devices included one devised by John Mudge in 1778. It had a pewter mug with a hole allowing attachment of a ... To reduce deposition in the mouth and throat, and to reduce the need for precise synchronization of the start of inhalation ... 2004). Pharmaceutical Inhalation Aerosol Technology (2nd ed.). NY: Marcel Dekker. Nick Baumann (July-August 2011). "Why You're ...
... dust and powder are toxic upon inhalation or ingestion and can cause explosions. Radioactive thulium isotopes can cause ... The roots of plants do not take up thulium, and the dry weight of vegetables usually contains one part per billion of thulium. ... In 1996, thulium oxide cost US$20 per gram, and in 2005, 99%-pure thulium metal powder cost US$70 per gram. Thulium has a few ...
... using a nanomaterial slurry or suspension in a liquid solvent instead of a dry powder will reduce dust exposure. Engineering ... Of the possible hazards, inhalation exposure appears to present the most concern. Animal studies indicate that carbon nanotubes ... In condensed bodies formed from fine powders, the irregular sizes and shapes of nanoparticles in a typical powder often lead to ... Uncontrolled agglomeration of powders due to attractive van der Waals forces can also give rise to in microstructural ...
This can be done in animals or humans with a dry chemical powder or a chemical in solution. Rats are commonly used for these ... Along with inhalation, ingestion and injection, dermal absorption is a route of exposure for toxic substances and route of ... This can be modeled similarly to the dry chemical but one has to take into account the amount of solution the skin comes into ... Along with inhalation, ingestion and injection, dermal absorption is a route of exposure for bioactive substances including ...
"Dry powder inhalation of antibiotics in cystic fibrosis therapy, part 1: development of a powder formulation with colistin ... by dry mixing two powder materials. J. Bridgewater (1976). "Fundamental powder mixing mechanisms". Powder Technol. 15 (2): 215- ... A powder is an assembly of dry particles dispersed in air. If two different powders are mixed perfectly, three theoretical ... In vitro evaluation of dry powder inhalers I: drug deposition of commonly used devices (1997). "In vitro evaluation of dry ...
A paste or gel might become a powder after it has been thoroughly dried, but is not considered a powder when it is wet because ... For this reason, powders may be an inhalation hazard. Larger particles cannot weave through the body's defenses in the nose and ... Substances like dried clay, although dry bulk solids composed of very fine particles, are not powders unless they are crushed ... A powder is a dry, bulk solid composed of a large number of very fine particles that may flow freely when shaken or tilted. ...
As of December 31, 2015, FF/VI inhalation powder was approved for marketing in 73 countries, and has been launched in 45 ... Within the trade name, the "Ellipta" is the dry powder inhaler that the medication is administered in. Innoviva developed this ...
When left on skin, it will cause irritation, drying, and potentially burns. Inhalation of bleach fumes can damage the lungs. ... Bleaching powder. Main article: Calcium hypochlorite. Bleaching powder is any of various mixtures of calcium hypochlorite, lime ... So, in this particular proposed application, H2CO3 from CO2 and moisture on the bleaching powder, acts on the CaCl2 to release ... It is a white crystalline powder with a weak sulfurous odor. It can be obtained by reacting sodium bisulfite with zinc ...
In general, inhalation exposure to dusty powders can be reduced by using a slurry or suspension of particles in a liquid ... Dry cleaning can avoid the use of toxic perchloroethylene by using petroleum-based solvents, supercritical carbon dioxide, or ... solvent instead of a dry powder, or substituting larger particles such as pellets or ingots. Some chemicals, such as ...
NIST SRM 1898 is a reference material consisting of a dry powder of TiO2 nanocrystals. It is intended as a benchmark in ... Inhalation exposure is the most common route of exposure to airborne particles in the workplace. The U.S. National Institute ... ISO/TS 11937 is a metrology standard for measuring several characteristics of dry titanium dioxide powder relevant for ... or by replacing a dry powder with a slurry or suspension in a liquid solvent to reduce dust exposure. Engineering controls, ...
Three inhalation tests found no mortality or toxicity. An inhalation study in sacrificed animals found the persistence of NPV ... A third study using LdMNPV powder in a 50 mg dose was found to be a moderate eye irritant; a test rabbit died during this study ... Irritation was reported in a study using 'LDP 53 air dried sample' lasting from 4 to 14 days; analysis found the presence of ... After the larvae die, they are harvested and processed into a fine powder. It takes between 500 and 1,000 larvae to produce ...
... a sonication process or substituting a nanomaterial slurry or suspension in a liquid solvent instead of a dry powder. ... Inhalation exposure is the most common route of exposure to airborne particles in the workplace. Animal studies on some classes ...
CS2 dry powder (CS2 is a siliconized, micro-pulverized form of CS). CS from thermal grenades by generation of hot gases. In the ... The solvent in which CS is dissolved, methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK), is classified as harmful by inhalation; irritating to the ... They are harmless when wet but to handle the dry powder is disastrous." As 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile is a solid at room ... Blank pistol cartridges carrying CS in powder form have been released to the public. These, when fired at relatively close ...
Dry-powder inhaler (DPI). 0. 0. Liquids. *Anaesthetic vaporizer. *Vaporizer. *Nebulizer. *Metered-dose inhaler (MDI) ... Inhalation of air. Inhalation of air, as part of the cycle of breathing, is a vital process for all human life. As such, ... Examples of accidental inhalation includes inhalation of water (e.g. in drowning), smoke, food, vomitus and less common foreign ... Inhalation begins with the contraction of the muscles attached to the rib cage; this causes an expansion in the chest cavity. ...
600 to 1000 mcg budesonide dry powder inhaler (DPI) - >1000 to 2000 mcg flunisolide - >250 to 500 mcg fluticasone - 400 mcg MF ... A subject who requires the use of greater than eight inhalations per day of SABA MDI, or two or more nebulized treatments per ... least 200 mL within 15 minutes after administration of four inhalations of albuterol/salbutamol (total dose of 360 to 400 mcg) ...
... May 16,2019 *News Release PDF ... Basel (CH), 16 May 2019 - Today Lonza announced the launch of Capsugel® Zephyr™, its new dry-powder inhalation (DPI) capsule ... Comprehensive portfolio of high-quality customized Dry-Powder Inhalation (DPI) capsule solutions based on different polymers ... With over three billion DPI capsule units delivered worldwide, Lonza offers a full-service inhalation drug-delivery approach ...
... for efficient aerosol delivery to the lungs in a dry powder porous particle form. The objectives of this study were to prepare ... 2009). Dry Powder Nitroimidazopyran Antibiotic PA-824 Aerosol for Inhalation. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 53(4), ... The physical, aerodynamic, and chemical properties of the dry powder were stable at room temperature for 6 months and under ... for efficient aerosol delivery to the lungs in a dry powder porous particle form. The objectives of this study were to prepare ...
Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ... Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ... Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ... Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ...
Hovione has considerable inhalation experience that allows us to implement strategies including conventional carrier based, ... Dry Powder Inhalation formulation development Hovione has considerable inhalation experience that allows us to implement ... Stability studies of inhalation powders (dose uniformity, HPLC for assay and impurities, …) ... Inhalation formulation development strategies. Within inhalation drug development services, Hovione focuses on formulation ...
Investigation of the Safety and Pharmacology of Dry Powder Inhalation of Treprostinil (INSPIRE). The safety and scientific ... LIQ861 will be administered using the RS00 Model 8 dry powder inhalation (DPI) device (Plastiape S.p.A.; Osnago, Italy) at dose ... Liquidia is pursuing approval of LIQ861, an inhalation dry powder formulation of treprostinil that is produced using Liquidias ... The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of LIQ861, a dry powder formulation of ...
Ciprofloxacin Dry Powder for Inhalation in Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis (Non-CF BE) (RESPIRE 1). The safety and ... Participants received ciprofloxacin (BAYQ3939) 32.5 milligram (mg) corresponding to 50 mg dry powder for inhalation (DPI) ... Participants received placebo matched to ciprofloxacin 32.5 mg powder (containing 40 mg dry powder) administered BID (every 12 ... Participants received placebo matched to ciprofloxacin 32.5 mg powder (containing 40 mg dry powder) administered BID (every 12 ...
There is growing demand for dry-powder inhalation formulations of drugs to treat both respiratory and systemic diseases. ... Spray drying is an enabling technology for composite particle preparation. Formulators must be aware, however, of the tradeoffs ... Spray Dried Composite Particles: Formulation and Process Parameters, Effect of two API Concentrations and Stability Assessment ... ECA Conference: Spray Drying - Solutions for Pharmaceutical Industry 09/06/2016 - 00:00 ...
... dry powders for inhalation (DPI) composed of nanoparticles (NP) embedded in carrier microparticles were prepared and ... Spray-drying affected the NP size by inducing irreversible aggregation, which was able to be minimized by the addition of ... The optimized nanosuspension and the initial microsuspension were then spray-dried with different proportions of or in the ... and the size of the dried NP when reconstituted in aqueous media, impaction studies using a multistage liquid impactor to ...
Advancing Dry Powder Inhalation Capsule Technologies Towards Enhanced Therapeutics. November 29, 2017 ... Dry powder inhalers (DPIs) - and primarily capsule-based DPIs - are gaining interest from generic players in the pharmaceutical ... Spray Dried Dispersion Inhalation Technology Lipid Multiparticulate Technology Liquid Filled Hard Capsule Technology ... A comparison of jet milling for carrier based approaches and spray drying as a particle sizing option will be reviewed. Finally ...
... dry powder inhalation is presented as an alternative and current developments and strategies for inhaled dry powder antibiotics ... Dry powder inhalation of antibiotics. A promising approach for treatment of infectious diseases ... In the thesis of Marcel Hoppentocht the feasibility to treat bacterial infections effectively with inhaled dry powder ...
Electrostatic charge behavior of aerosolized pharmaceutical particles for various drug/sugar carrier dry powder inhalation ... Electrostatic charge behavior of aerosolized pharmaceutical particles for various drug/sugar carrier dry powder inhalation ...
Systemic delivery of parathyroid hormone (1-34) using inhalation dry powders in rats. J Pharm Sci. 2003;92(5):938-50.CrossRef ... A Dry Powder Formulation of Liposome-Encapsulated Recombinant Secretory Leukocyte Protease Inhibitor (rSLPI) for Inhalation: ... Jones MD, Price R. The influence of fine excipient particles on the performance of carrier-based dry powder inhalation ... Joshi M, Misra A. Dry powder inhalation of liposomal Ketotifen fumarate: formulation and characterization. Int J Pharm. 2001; ...
... microparticles as dry powder inhalations (DPIs) via spray drying and jet milling under various parameters, to comprehensively ... characterization of spray-dried and jet-milled microparticles containing bosentan hydrate for dry powder inhalation aerosols.. ... The BST microparticles were successfully prepared for DPIs by spray drying from feeding solution concentrations of 1%, 3%, and ... The physicochemical properties of the spray-dried (SD) and jet-milled (JM) microparticles were determined via scanning electron ...
RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ... RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ... RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ... RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ...
Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ... Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ... Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ... Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ...
This work compared the performance of two dry powder formation... ... Powder formation by atmospheric spray-freeze-drying. Powder ... Production of Inhalation Phage Powders Using Spray Freeze Drying and Spray Drying Techniques for Treatment of Respiratory ... This work compared the performance of two dry powder formation techniques, spray freeze drying (SFD) and spray drying (SD), in ... In vitro lung delivery of bacteriophages KS4-M and Theta KZ using dry powder inhalers for treatment of Burkholderia cepacia ...
Nolan LM, Li J, Tajber L, Corrigan OI, Healy AM, Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. ... Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. II - Sodium cromoglicate. ... Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. II - sodium cromoglicate.pdf (Published (authors ... cromoglicate is an antiasthmatic and antiallergenic drug used in inhalation therapy and commonly administered by a dry powder ...
... ... The acoustic features of inhalation can be used to quantify aerosol delivery from a Diskus¿ dry powder inhaler, Pharmaceutical ... necessary to de-agglomerate drug particles from dry powder inhalers (DPIs). In this study we tested the hypothesis that the ... METHODS: A sensitivity analysis of the relationship of the acoustics of inhalation to simultaneously recorded airflow, in a ...
sanofi-aventis was developing a dry-powder, breath-activated inhaled formulation of the antiasthmatic agent salbutamol [ ... Salbutamol dry-powder inhalation - sanofi-aventis Alternative Names: Albuterol dry-powder inhalation - sanofi-aventis; ... 26 Mar 2009 No development reported - Phase-III for Asthma in Europe (Inhalation) ... 26 Mar 2009 No development reported - Phase-III for Asthma in USA (Inhalation) ...
Ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. Expert Opinion on Orphan Drugs. 2016 Aug 2;4(8): ... Ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. In: Expert Opinion on Orphan Drugs. 2016 ; Vol. ... Ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. / De Soyza, Anthony; Aksamit, Timothy. ... De Soyza, A., & Aksamit, T. (2016). Ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. Expert ...
Dry Powder Inhalation. As a leader in the field of Inhalation, DFE pharma offers the pharmaceutical industry the most optimal ... solution for the development of their Dry Powder Inhalation (DPI) drug. DFE pharma is a partner for pharmaceutical companies ...
Budesonide dry-powder inhalation - Sofotec Alternative Names: Budecort 200 Novolizer; Budesonide Novolizer; Novolizer ... S 1320 dry-powder inhalation - Sofotec; Tafen Novolizer Latest Information Update: 19 Aug 2016 ...
Dry Powder Formulation for Inhalation. A dry powder formulation of sildenafil citrate was prepared by blending micronised drug ... The powder can be placed in hard gelatin capsules for use in conjunction with a conventional dry powder inhalation device. ... The product was filled into hard gelatin capsules (150 mg) for use with a commercial dry powder inhalation device. ... The title product was collected by filtration and dried in vacuum to give a white crystalline solid (116.0 g, 96.8%), m.p. 272- ...
AerosolsDPIsExcipientsFormulationsMedicamentParticle sizeDosesMannitolCiprofloxacin Dry Powder for InhalationPharmaceuticalVitroDosage2016LungDepositionActuationPulmonary drug deliveryCapsule portfolio15.6 mcgTobramycinEvaluateCapsugelHPMCCapsules for inhalationLactosePatient inhalationAerosolizationAclidiniumTherapiesUniformitySuitableOralStabilityGlycopyrrolateCarrierDrug-deliveryAsthmaDeliveryDeviceExposureFormulation developmentInvention relatesSpraysFine particleAerosol performanceSpray driedNanoparticlesDispersionAerodynamicTrehalose
- Preparation and physicochemical characterization of spray-dried and jet-milled microparticles containing bosentan hydrate for dry powder inhalation aerosols. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Nano-TiO2 aerosols generated from bulk dry nano-TiO2 powders (primary diameter of 21 nm, bulk density of 3.8 g/cm3) were delivered into the exposure chamber at a flow rate of 90 LPM (10.8 air changes/hr). (cdc.gov)
- These are outstanding research performance indicators as Pulmonary Drug Delivery and Inhalation Aerosols are a niche field. (edu.au)
- The objectives of this study were to prepare bosentan hydrate (BST) microparticles as dry powder inhalations (DPIs) via spray drying and jet milling under various parameters, to comprehensively characterize the physicochemical properties of the BST hydrate microparticles, and to evaluate the aerosol dispersion performance and dissolution behavior as DPIs. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- The BST microparticles were successfully prepared for DPIs by spray drying from feeding solution concentrations of 1%, 3%, and 5% (w/v) and by jet milling at grinding pressures of 2, 3, and 4 MPa. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Catalent combines decades of project with all pulmonary dosage forms including pMDIs, DPIs, nasal sprays and solutions/suspensions for inhalation. (catalent.com)
- The DPIs may require some procedure to allow a measured dose of powder to be ready for the patient to take. (wikipedia.org)
- Most DPIs rely on the force of patient inhalation to entrain powder from the device and subsequently break-up the powder into particles that are small enough to reach the lungs. (wikipedia.org)
- The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of formulation excipients on the physical characteristics and aerosolization performance of insulin dry powders for inhalation. (qub.ac.uk)
- Insulin dry powders were prepared by a spray drying technique using excipients such as sugars (trehalose, lactose and dextran), mannitol and amino acids (L-leucine, glycine and threonine). (qub.ac.uk)
- The spherically nanostructured microparticles according to the invention are suitable for the preparation of inhalation powders in which no other excipients or additives (carrier materials) are required in order to obtain a powder which can be handled on an industrial scale, which can be further processed directly and has excellent properties in terms of dispersibility and is sufficiently easy to process with regard to its cohesive properties. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Drug products combine active pharmaceutical ingredients with excipients in a final formulation for delivery to patients in liquid or lyophilized (freeze-dried) packaged forms - with the latter requiring reconstitution in the clinical setting. (bioprocessintl.com)
- Hovione has considerable inhalation experience that allows us to implement strategies including conventional carrier based, neat (drug-alone) or composite particle formulations. (hovione.com)
- Drug alone (or quasi-drug alone) formulations by spray drying, i.e. depending on API properties (e. g. flowability) and particle engineering technology applications. (hovione.com)
- These formulations can then be used to fill capsules for inhalation (HPMC size 3) and be supplied for proof of concept, feasibility study, clinical trial and commercial manufacturing material. (hovione.com)
- There is growing demand for dry-powder inhalation formulations of drugs to treat both respiratory and systemic diseases. (hovione.com)
- This study suggests that L-leucine could be used to enhance the aerosolization behaviour of the insulin dry powders for inhalation, and trehalose could potentially be used as an excipient in the formulations. (qub.ac.uk)
- Dry powder formulations comprising a corticosteroid and a beta 2 -adrenergic drug in combination are useful for the prevention and/or treatment of inflammatory or obstructive airways diseases. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Written by leading international experts from both academia and industry, the book will help readers (formulation design scientists, researchers and post-graduate and specialized undergraduate students) develop a deep understanding of key aspects of inhalation formulations as well as detail ongoing challenges and advances associated with their development. (wiley.com)
- 5. Larhib H, Martin G, Marriott C, Prime D. The influence of carrier and drug morphologies on drug delivery from dry powder formulations. (ac.ir)
- Spray-dry processing is finding greater utilisation in DPI applications because of its superior particle size control, higher drug loading and fewer formulation dependencies compared to traditional lactose blend formulations. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- Capsugel's capabilities for DPI formulations include spray drying for all clinical phases and commercial manufacturing, formulation development and scale-up expertise, phase appropriate encapsulation and full aerosol analytical capabilities in development and GMP. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- Our inhalation-manufacturing operations have a track-record of regulatory excellence, and we routinely manufacture complex and demanding formulations for clients around the globe. (catalent.com)
- throat sprays and lozenges as well as dry powder and aerosol formulations will be discussed and expanded upon in this course. (edu.au)
- The invention provides a method of preparing a dry powder inhalation composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable particulate carrier, a first particulate inhalant medicament and a second particulate inhalant medicament. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- and (c) mixing said second mixture with a second portion of the first particulate inhalant medicament to form a dry powder inhalation composition, wherein, in the dry powder inhalation composition from step (c) the ratio by weight of the second particulate inhalant medicament to the carrier is less than the ratio by weight of the first particulate inhalant medicament to the carrier. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Thus, the invention provides a method of preparing a dry powder inhalation composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable particulate carrier, a first particulate inhalant medicament and a second particulate inhalant medicament, where the proportion of the second medicament to the carrier is smaller relative to the proportion of the first medicament to the carrier. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- The remaining portion of the first particulate inhalant medicament is mixed with the second mixture to give the desired dry powder inhalation composition. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- An inhalation device is described for use with a medicament pack in which at least one container for medicament in powder form is defined between two sheets peelably secured to one another. (google.com)
- and an outlet, communicating with the opened container, through which a user can inhale medicament in powder form from the opened container. (google.com)
- indexing means for indexing in communication with said outlet containers of a medicament pack in use with said inhalation device. (google.com)
- An apparatus for generating respirable aerosol internal to a selected one of a plurality of medicament receptacles (40) containing pre-measured amounts of powdered medicament is disclosed herein. (google.ca)
- The physicochemical properties of the spray-dried (SD) and jet-milled (JM) microparticles were determined via scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, dynamic light scattering particle size analysis, Karl Fischer titration, surface analysis, pycnometry, differential scanning calorimetry, powder X-ray diffraction, and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- 7. The method of claim 1, wherein said α1-antitrypsin dry powder comprises aggregates of particles, wherein said particles have a mean particle size of from about 1 μm to about 5 μm and said aggregates have a mean size of from about 50 μm to about 600 μm, and wherein said aggregates have a friability index of from about 10 to about 60. (google.com.au)
- Pharmacokinetic parameters were determined in guinea pigs after the pulmonary administration of the PA-824 powder formulation at three doses (20, 40, and 60 mg/kg of body weight) and compared to those after the intravenous (20 mg/kg) and oral (40 mg/kg) delivery of the drug. (rti.org)
- These delivery systems may require smaller doses for efficacy, exhibit reduced toxicity, fewer side effects, controlled drug release over a prolonged time period, and increased formulation stability as inhaled powders. (elsevier.com)
- For AFREZZA doses exceeding 12 units, inhalations from multiple cartridges are necessary. (rxlist.com)
- The dose that can be delivered is typically less than a few tens of milligrams in a single breath since larger powder doses may lead to provocation of cough. (wikipedia.org)
- As a leader in the field of Inhalation, DFE pharma offers the pharmaceutical industry the most optimal solution for the development of their Dry Powder Inhalation (DPI) drug. (dfepharma.com)
- His research interests cover the inhalation therapies and developing of pharmaceutical and bioanalytical assay methods for the determination of inhaled drugs in biological fluids to measure the lung deposition. (brad.ac.uk)
- The phage titer loss after the SFD and SD processes and in vitro aerosol performance of the produced powders were assessed. (springer.com)
- In vitro aerosol performance showed that the SFD powders (~80% phage recovery) provided better phage protection than the SD powders (~20% phage recovery) during the aerosolization process. (springer.com)
- In the present study we sought to examine the feasibility of producing nanoporous microparticles (NPMPs) of this hydrophilic material by adaptation of a spray drying process previously applied to hydrophobic drugs, and to examine the physicochemical and in vitro deposition properties of the spray dried particles in comparison to a commercial product. (tcd.ie)
- While particle morphology was altered by storage at high humidity (60% RH) and in vitro deposition performance deteriorated, it was possible to maintain NPMP morphology and aerosolisation performance by storing the powder with dessicant. (tcd.ie)
- In in vitro studies, FPF increased as both flow rate and inhalation duration increased for the salmeterol/fluticasone Diskus™ (Adjusted R (2) = 0.95) and was proportional to flow rate only for the salbutamol Diskus™ (Adjusted R (2) = 0.71). (tcd.ie)
- Inhalation Sciences (ISAB) has received an order for a PreciseInhale system, and DissolvIt, the system's unique in vitro module for studying particle dissolution. (cision.com)
- Over a decade since joining the University of Sydney, he has developed a leading research program on aerosol drug delivery, ranging from in vitro , ranging from powder production by novel processes, particle engineering and aerosol formulation, to scintigraphic imaging of lung deposition and clinical outcome. (edu.au)
- Capsugel, a global leader in delivering high-quality, innovative dosage forms and solutions, has announced the expansion of its late-stage inhalation capabilities to advance dry powder inhalation (DPI) concepts through late-stage clinical trial and commercial production. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- The recommended dosage of UTIBRON NEOHALER is the inhalation of the contents of one UTIBRON capsule twice-daily using the NEOHALER device. (rxlist.com)
- Therapeutic liposomal powders (i.e., lipospheres and proliposomes) for dry powder inhalation aerosol delivery, formulated with phospholipids similar to endogenous lung surfactant, offer unique opportunities in pulmonary nanomedicine while offering controlled release and enhanced stability. (elsevier.com)
- Moreover, based on the mechanisms of powder dispersity, some strategies to improve drug lung deposition were put forward, such as adding carrier fines, adding adhesive-controlling materials and reprocessing micronized drug. (bvsalud.org)
- In order to design physically-mixed inhalation dry powder for proteins and peptides with high lung deposition, it is essential to study drug-carriers interactions systematically and illustrate the potential influence of formulation, process parameters and micromeritic properties of the powder. (bvsalud.org)
- Drug delivery via the lung is becoming an increasingly viable treatment option for a wide range of therapeutic areas, including infectious diseases, genetic disorders and acute systemic conditions that have traditionally been treated via other delivery routes," said Devon DuBose, Head of Inhalation Product Development at Capsugel's Bend, Ore. facility. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- When the patient inhales through the device, the powder is aerosolized and delivered to the lung. (rxlist.com)
- My main research area lie in the field of drug delivery to the lung, this encompass formulation development for inhalation products. (brad.ac.uk)
- Basel (CH), 16 May 2019 - Today Lonza announced the launch of Capsugel® Zephyr™, its new dry-powder inhalation (DPI) capsule portfolio, the most complete portfolio of DPI capsules to meet the growing need for customized solutions for optimal pulmonary drug delivery. (lonza.com)
- With more than 20 years of experience in manufacturing DPI- capsules, Lonza offers a uniquely customized portfolio of polymers to meet the growing need of inhalation DPI products for pulmonary drug delivery," stated Stef Vanquickenborne, VP R&D, Lonza Pharma & Biotech. (lonza.com)
- Building on 25 years of experience with spray-dry technology and with formulating more than 1,000 compounds for oral delivery, this expansion is part of our long-term effort to bring our particle engineering, spray-dry processing capabilities and encapsulation expertise to pulmonary drug delivery and growing DPI applications," said David Lyon, Ph.D., Head of Biotherapeutics, Capsugel. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- Inhalation of a dry powder tobramycin PulmoSphere formulation in healthy volunteers. (nih.gov)
- Mashat M, Clark BJ, Chrystyn H, Assi KH "Development and validation of HPLC method for the determination of tobramycin in urine samples post-inhalation using pre-column derivatisation with fluorescein isothiocyanate", Journal of Chromatography B, 869 (2008) 59-66. (bradford.ac.uk)
- The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of LIQ861, a dry powder formulation of treprostinil , in patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate if the time to first pulmonary exacerbation of bronchiectasis or its frequency can be prolonged by inhalation of ciprofloxacin for 28 days every other 28 days or for 14 days every other 14 days over 48 weeks. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- To prepare and evaluate dry powder inhalation (DPI) of extraction of Trollius chinensis Bunge (TCB). (bvsalud.org)
- The study is carried out to evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of AeroVanc inhalation powder in healthy volunteers, and in patients with cystic fibrosis. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions team developed Capsugel® Zephyr™ capsules as a portfolio of high-quality, highly customizable DPI capsules of different polymers and compositions, and product customization services to help address the specific needs of inhalation drug products manufacturers. (lonza.com)
- With a diverse portfolio, including HPMC, Dry Powder Inhalation capsules and specialised clinical capsules, Capsule Delivery Solutions is a global leader in capsule development and manufacturing, bringing unmatched products and technical support to its worldwide customer base. (pharmaceutical-business-review.com)
- The inhalation powder is packaged in hypromellose (HPMC) capsules with yellow transparent cap and uncolored transparent body. (rxlist.com)
- Foradile capsules for inhalation belong to a group of medicines called bronchodilators. (mydr.com.au)
- Foradile capsules for inhalation contain the active ingredient, formoterol fumarate dihydrate in a capsule form. (mydr.com.au)
- Foradile capsules for inhalation are used for people who need to take medicine every day for their asthma. (mydr.com.au)
- Orthodox design was employed to optimize the parameters of spray drying to prepare micronized TCB powder, the DPI was prepared by mixing micronized TCB powder and lactose. (bvsalud.org)
- Being approved by U. S. Food and Drug Administration, lactose has been extensively used as carriers in many inhalation products. (bvsalud.org)
- Physical characteristics and aerosolization performance of insulin dry powders for inhalation prepared by a spray drying method. (qub.ac.uk)
- Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Physical characteristics and aerosolization performance of insulin dry powders for inhalation prepared by a spray drying method. (qub.ac.uk)
- When aclidinium is administered concurrently with other inhalation medications, administer adrenergic bronchodilators first, followed by aclidinium, then corticosteroids. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Aclidinium comes as a dry powder in an inhalation device to inhale by mouth. (medlineplus.gov)
- Before you use your aclidinium inhalation device for the first time, read the manufacturer's directions for use carefully. (medlineplus.gov)
- Be careful not to get aclidinium powder in your eyes. (medlineplus.gov)
- The aclidinium inhalation device does not need to be cleaned. (medlineplus.gov)
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to aclidinium, atropine (Atropen, in Lomotil, in Lonox, in Motofen), any other medications, any of the ingredients in aclidinium inhalation powder, or milk proteins. (medlineplus.gov)
- Tudorza Pressair (aclidinium bromide inhalation powder) consists of a dry powder formulation of aclidinium bromide for oral inhalation only. (centerwatch.com)
- By broadening our inhalation product development capabilities, we are positioned as an industry leader in specialised oral delivery and in bringing innovative therapies to market. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- Safety-enhanced devices for the minimally invasive delivery of parenteral medicines, inhalation therapies, and IV and dialysis solutions will lead growth. (freedoniagroup.com)
- Ziccum's technology can formulate liquid biologic therapies and vaccines - as dry powders. (cision.com)
- The effects of formulation and processing on rSLPI stability, activity, and uniformity of content within the powders were characterised. (springer.com)
- It has been discovered that dry powder preparations characterised by dose uniformity, reliability and dispersion of medicaments uniformity may be obtained by mixing specified ratios of medicaments to carrier in a specified manner as described herein. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- CONCLUSION: Acoustically-determined PIFR is a suitable method for estimating drug delivery and for monitoring inhalation technique over time. (tcd.ie)
- All powders were highly wrinkled, with median aerodynamic diameters of 2-4 microm, and consequently suitable for pulmonary administration. (qub.ac.uk)
- capturing the aerosol in a chamber suitable for subsequent inhalation by the patient. (google.com.au)
- For proteins and peptides, supercritical fluid technology and spray-drying are more suitable because of their capabilities of keeping drug activity. (bvsalud.org)
- Inhalation: For oral inhalation only. (drugs.com)
- Anticholinergic Agents: May enhance the anticholinergic effect of Glycopyrrolate (Oral Inhalation). (drugs.com)
- Powder is only for oral inhalation and capsules must not be swallowed. (unboundmedicine.com)
- The capsules are for oral inhalation only. (mydr.com.au)
- UTIBRON NEOHALER consists of a dry powder formulation for delivery of a combination of indacaterol and glycopyrrolate to patients by oral inhalation only with the NEOHALER device. (rxlist.com)
- The recommended dose of Tudorza Pressair is one oral inhalation of 400 mcg, twice daily. (centerwatch.com)
- The objectives of this study were to prepare and characterize a particulate form of PA-824, assess the stability of this aerosol formulation under different environmental conditions, and determine the pharmacokinetic parameters for the powder after pulmonary administration. (rti.org)
- Drug powder and emulsions were characterised regarding size and physical stability by photon correlation spectroscopy (PCS), laser diffractometry (LD) and zeta potential measurements. (chemweb.com)
- A comparison of jet milling for carrier based approaches and spray drying as a particle sizing option will be reviewed. (capsugel.com)
- 6. Dickhoff B, Boer A, Lambregts D, Frijlink H. The effect of carrier surface treatment or drug particle detachment crystalline carriers in adverse mixtures for inhalation. (ac.ir)
- Lonza Pharma & Biotech offers end-to-end inhalation drug delivery development and manufacturing services from particle engineering inclusive of micronization and spray drying, to formulation and encapsulation for use in capsule-based DPI devices. (lonza.com)
- With over three billion DPI capsule units delivered worldwide, Lonza offers a full-service inhalation drug-delivery approach based on proven particle engineering platforms, specialized encapsulation technologies as well as customized capsules for use with a large range of DPI devices. (lonza.com)
- In this study we tested the hypothesis that the acoustic parameters of an inhalation are related to the PIFR and hence reflect drug delivery. (tcd.ie)
- Drug therapy via inhalation route is at the cutting edge of modern drug delivery research. (wiley.com)
- These are products that while meeting compendial requirements are especially manufactured for inhalation delivery and meet stringent inhalation specification. (hovione.com)
- The challenges involved with the delivery of macromolecules by inhalation to both adult and pediatric patients are also covered. (wiley.com)
- This mode of delivery is indicated when the drug can be converted into an aerosol form for inhalation. (medscape.com)
- LIQ861 will be administered using the RS00 Model 8 dry powder inhalation (DPI) device (Plastiape S.p.A. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Also provided are dry powder compositions and methods of using them with a dry powder inhalation device. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- If you want to clean the device, you may wipe the outside of the mouthpiece with a dry tissue or paper towel. (medlineplus.gov)
- The NEOHALER device is a plastic inhalation device used to inhale the dry powder within the UTIBRON capsule. (rxlist.com)
- DPI medication must be stored in a dry place in a temperature of not more than 25 °C (77 °F) and humidity between 40-50% in a sealed packaging, since exposure of the powder to moisture degrades the ability of the device to disperse its medication as a fine powder upon inhalation. (wikipedia.org)
- Potential for inhalation exposure to engineered nanoparticles from nanotechnology-based cosmetic powders. (thefreelibrary.com)
- OBJECTIVES: We investigated the potential for human contact and inhalation exposure to nanomaterials when using nanotechnology-based cosmetic powders and compare them with analogous products not marketed as nanotechnology based. (thefreelibrary.com)
- 2008). Use of nanotechnology-based cosmetic powders and sprays could lead to especially high levels of dermal and inhalation exposure, the latter being a consequence of product application leading to aerosol generation in the personal breathing zone (Hansen et al. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Whole-body nanoparticle aerosol inhalation exposure. (cdc.gov)
- Inhalation is the most likely exposure route for individuals working with aerosolizable engineered nano-materials (ENM). (cdc.gov)
- A whole-body nanoparticle aerosol inhalation exposure system was fabricated, validated and utilized for nano-TiO2 inhalation toxicology studies. (cdc.gov)
- PreciseInhale and its range of controlled aerosol exposure modules comprise a total solution for companies carrying out pre-clinical inhalation and aerosol research. (cision.com)
- Spray dried sodium cromoglicate was amorphous in nature. (tcd.ie)
- The optimum solvent system for NPMP production was water:methanol:n-butyl acetate, as spherical NPMPs spray dried from this solvent system had a higher respirable fraction than non-spherical NPMPs of sodium cromoglicate (spray dried from methanol:n-butyl acetate), non-porous sodium cromoglicate (spray dried from water) and micronised sodium cromoglicate (Intal? (tcd.ie)
- His research interests focus on: screening and characterization of novel salts and co-crystals, characterization of amorphous forms, nanoparticles and spray dried microparticles. (bradford.ac.uk)
- Inhalation Sciences helps leading research on breathing in metal nanoparticles: Will dissolution testing become mandatory? (cision.com)
- Karolinska Institutet doctoral researcher Sarah Mccarrick is using Inhalation Sciences equipment to test how copper and copper oxide nanoparticles impact us. (cision.com)
- When challenged with Cat L post-aerosolisation, DOPS-rSLPI dry powder was significantly better at retaining a protective function against Cat L-induced rSLPI inactivation compared to the aqueous DOPS-rSLPI liposome dispersion and was also more stable under storage. (springer.com)
- The powder is dispersed in air within the dispersion chamber. (google.com)