Nebulizers and Vaporizers
Metered Dose Inhalers
Smoke Inhalation Injury
Compressed gases or vapors in a container which, upon release of pressure and expansion through a valve, carry another substance from the container. They are used for cosmetics, household cleaners, and so on. Examples are BUTANES; CARBON DIOXIDE; FLUOROCARBONS; NITROGEN; and PROPANE. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
The application of scientific knowledge or technology to pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry. It includes methods, techniques, and instrumentation in the manufacture, preparation, compounding, dispensing, packaging, and storing of drugs and other preparations used in diagnostic and determinative procedures, and in the treatment of patients.
Forms to which substances are incorporated to improve the delivery and the effectiveness of drugs. Drug carriers are used in drug-delivery systems such as the controlled-release technology to prolong in vivo drug actions, decrease drug metabolism, and reduce drug toxicity. Carriers are also used in designs to increase the effectiveness of drug delivery to the target sites of pharmacological actions. Liposomes, albumin microspheres, soluble synthetic polymers, DNA complexes, protein-drug conjugates, and carrier erythrocytes among others have been employed as biodegradable drug carriers.
Forced Expiratory Volume
Measure of the maximum amount of air that can be expelled in a given number of seconds during a FORCED VITAL CAPACITY determination . It is usually given as FEV followed by a subscript indicating the number of seconds over which the measurement is made, although it is sometimes given as a percentage of forced vital capacity.
Drug Delivery Systems
Microscopy, Electron, Scanning
Microscopy in which the object is examined directly by an electron beam scanning the specimen point-by-point. The image is constructed by detecting the products of specimen interactions that are projected above the plane of the sample, such as backscattered electrons. Although SCANNING TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY also scans the specimen point by point with the electron beam, the image is constructed by detecting the electrons, or their interaction products that are transmitted through the sample plane, so that is a form of TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY.
Studies comparing two or more treatments or interventions in which the subjects or patients, upon completion of the course of one treatment, are switched to another. In the case of two treatments, A and B, half the subjects are randomly allocated to receive these in the order A, B and half to receive them in the order B, A. A criticism of this design is that effects of the first treatment may carry over into the period when the second is given. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system. It includes the therapeutic use of medical gases and their administrative apparatus, environmental control systems, humidification, aerosols, ventilatory support, bronchopulmonary drainage and exercise, respiratory rehabilitation, assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and maintenance of natural, artificial, and mechanical airways.
A diuretic and renal diagnostic aid related to sorbitol. It has little significant energy value as it is largely eliminated from the body before any metabolism can take place. It can be used to treat oliguria associated with kidney failure or other manifestations of inadequate renal function and has been used for determination of glomerular filtration rate. Mannitol is also commonly used as a research tool in cell biological studies, usually to control osmolarity.
Peak Expiratory Flow Rate
Calorimetry, Differential Scanning
Gases or volatile liquids that vary in the rate at which they induce anesthesia; potency; the degree of circulation, respiratory, or neuromuscular depression they produce; and analgesic effects. Inhalation anesthetics have advantages over intravenous agents in that the depth of anesthesia can be changed rapidly by altering the inhaled concentration. Because of their rapid elimination, any postoperative respiratory depression is of relatively short duration. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p173)
The scattering of x-rays by matter, especially crystals, with accompanying variation in intensity due to interference effects. Analysis of the crystal structure of materials is performed by passing x-rays through them and registering the diffraction image of the rays (CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, X-RAY). (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
Respiratory Function Tests
Bronchial Provocation Tests
Vaccines, Virus-Like Particle
Spectroscopy, Fourier Transform Infrared
Air Pollutants, Occupational
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Atmosphere Exposure Chambers
An autosomal recessive genetic disease of the EXOCRINE GLANDS. It is caused by mutations in the gene encoding the CYSTIC FIBROSIS TRANSMEMBRANE CONDUCTANCE REGULATOR expressed in several organs including the LUNG, the PANCREAS, the BILIARY SYSTEM, and the SWEAT GLANDS. Cystic fibrosis is characterized by epithelial secretory dysfunction associated with ductal obstruction resulting in AIRWAY OBSTRUCTION; chronic RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS; PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY; maldigestion; salt depletion; and HEAT PROSTRATION.
Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid
The first artificially produced element and a radioactive fission product of URANIUM. Technetium has the atomic symbol Tc, atomic number 43, and atomic weight 98.91. All technetium isotopes are radioactive. Technetium 99m (m=metastable) which is the decay product of Molybdenum 99, has a half-life of about 6 hours and is used diagnostically as a radioactive imaging agent. Technetium 99 which is a decay product of technetium 99m, has a half-life of 210,000 years.
A group of CORTICOSTEROIDS that affect carbohydrate metabolism (GLUCONEOGENESIS, liver glycogen deposition, elevation of BLOOD SUGAR), inhibit ADRENOCORTICOTROPIC HORMONE secretion, and possess pronounced anti-inflammatory activity. They also play a role in fat and protein metabolism, maintenance of arterial blood pressure, alteration of the connective tissue response to injury, reduction in the number of circulating lymphocytes, and functioning of the central nervous system.
Particulate Interactions in Dry Powder Formulation for Inhalation. CRC Press. ISBN 978-1-135-72976-9. Woodard & Curran, Inc. (1 ... such as in the separation of chalk powder from water. In biological research, it can be used in the purification of mammalian ...
"THE SCIENCE BEHIND CAPSULE-BASED DRY POWDER INHALATION TECHNOLOGY" (PDF). Frederick Furness Publishing Ltd. www.ondrugdelivery. ...
It is also used in Pulmonary Aspergillosis in a dry powder inhalation system. v t e. ...
Inhalation of dry baking yeast powder is supposed to be the source of infection in this case. Not all strains of Saccharomyces ... which has gained considerable use and market share at the expense of both fresh and dry yeast in their various applications.[ ... Fleischmann's developed a granulated active dry yeast for the United States armed forces, which did not require refrigeration ...
... is available as syrup, tablets, pastilles, dry powder sachets, inhalation solution, drops and ampules as well as ...
After the development stage today Arvohaler is a worldwide patented multi-unit dose dry powder inhalation (DPI) device ... Additionally, Arven is the first Turkish company to design and develop a patented Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI) device under ... 50 mcg/250 mcg and 50/100 mcg inhalation powder forms. Development of Cyplos Arvohaler products were started in 2006, ... the first Turkish Pharmaceutical company to develop a medical device and corresponding anti-asthmatic product as a dry powder ...
Aerosol mass spectrometry
... or dry powder inhaler (DPI). In both methods the drug is delivered directly into the lungs by inhalation. In recent years, ...
Dry powder inhaler as well as propellant metered dose inhaler (pMDI) formulations have also been created and evaluated in the ... Preclinical studies bear evidence to the fact that ciclosporin when administered orally or via inhalation is capable of ... has led to renewed interest with aerosolized ciclosporin formulations and one early stage trial involving a dry powder inhaler ... Ridder, WH 3rd (Dec 2008). "Ciclosporin use in dry eye disease patients". Expert Opin Pharmacother. 9 (17): 3121-8. doi:10.1517 ...
Nanomaterials in dry powder form tend to pose the greatest risk for inhalation exposure, while nanomaterials suspended in a ... Powder-based aerosol particles can pose advert effects when deposited in human respiratory systems via inhalation. A ... the particle size and water content of the powder, and other factors. To measure dustiness of a particular powder in a ... The tendency of powdered materials to release airborne particles under external energies indicates their dustiness level. The ...
... and whether the nanomaterial is a dry powder or incorporated into a slurry or liquid suspension. Animal studies indicate that ... The inhalation risk is affected by the dustiness of the material, the tendency of particles to become airborne in response to a ... Inhalation exposure is the most common route of exposure to airborne particles in the workplace. The deposition of ... Nanomaterials can gain access to the blood stream via inhalation or ingestion. Broken skin is an ineffective particle barrier, ...
Health and safety hazards of nanomaterials
For example, using a nanomaterial slurry or suspension in a liquid solvent instead of a dry powder will reduce dust exposure. ... The inhalation risk is affected by the dustiness of the material, the tendency of particles to become airborne in response to a ... High-resistivity powders can accumulate electric charge causing a spark hazard, and low-resistivity powders can build up in ... In general, powders of nanomaterials have higher resistivity than the equivalent micron-scale powders, and humidity decreases ...
It is marketed in three forms: a dry-powder inhaler (DPI), a metered-dose inhaler (MDI) and an inhalation solution, under ... Foradil/Foradile capsules for oral inhalation (Schering-Plough in the U.S., Novartis rest of world) Oxeze/Oxis Turbuhaler Dry ... Perforomist inhalation solution (Mylan N.V.) Arformoterol ((R,R)-(−)-formoterol) - an enantiopure compound used in the ... powder inhaler (DPI) (AstraZeneca) Atock (Astellas) Atimos/Atimos Modulite Metered-dose inhaler (MDI) (Chiesi) ...
States is brown and beclometasone is light green Inhaler Dry powder inhaler Asthma Spray bottle Pharmaceutical Inhalation ... Dry powder inhalers involve micronised powder often packaged in single dose quantities in blisters or gel capsules containing ... Several inhalation products are now sold with a dose counter-actuator. Depending on the manufacturer and the product, inhalers ... "Inhalation Aerosols: Physical and Biological Basis for Therapy"", ed. A. J. Hickey, 2nd edition, Informa Healthcare, NY, 2007. ...
"Dry powder inhalation of antibiotics in cystic fibrosis therapy, part 1: development of a powder formulation with colistin ... by dry mixing two powder materials. J. Bridgewater (1976). "Fundamental powder mixing mechanisms". Powder Technol. 15 (2): 215- ... A powder is an assembly of dry particles dispersed in air. If two different powders are mixed perfectly, theoretically, three ... In vitro evaluation of dry powder inhalers I: drug deposition of commonly used devices (1997). "In vitro evaluation of dry ...
Most DPIs rely on the force of patient inhalation to entrain powder from the device and subsequently break-up the powder into ... A dry-powder inhaler (DPI) is a device that delivers medication to the lungs in the form of a dry powder. DPIs are commonly ... "Hypersensitivity reaction after inhalation of a lactose-containing dry powder inhaler". J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 19 (3): 206- ... Guidance for Industry: Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI) and Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI) Drug Products - Food and Drug Administration ...
New Jersey in the 21st century
More potent than the first anthrax letters, the material in the Senate letters was a highly refined dry powder consisting of ... Twenty-two people developed anthrax infections, eleven of the life-threatening inhalation variety. Five died of inhalation ...
Dry Powder Inhalers (DPI) Dry powder inhalers release a metered or device-measured dose of powdered medication that is inhaled ... Early inhalation devices included one devised by John Mudge in 1778. It had a pewter mug with a hole allowing attachment of a ... Dry Powder Inhalers: 1. Prepare inhaler medication chamber (this will be different based on the type of inhaler but will ... Some of the common types of inhalers include meter-dosed inhalers, dry powder inhalers, soft mist inhalers, and nebulizers. ...
... dust and powder are toxic upon inhalation or ingestion and can cause explosions. Category:Thulium compounds Meija, ... The roots of plants do not take up thulium, and the dry matter of vegetables usually contains one part per billion of thulium. ... In 1996, thulium oxide cost US$20 per gram, and in 2005, 99%-pure thulium metal powder cost US$70 per gram. Thulium has a few ...
... can also be used as a dry shampoo, cleaning agent (to remove grease stains), and freshener. Talcum powder, if ... ISBN 978-0-86542-939-0. Pairaudeau, P. W.; Wilson, R. G.; Hall, M. A.; Milne, M. (18 May 1991). "Inhalation of baby powder: an ... Baby powder is an astringent powder used for preventing diaper rash and for cosmetic uses. It may be composed of talcum (in ... "Talcum Powder Lawsuit". MesoWatch. Retrieved 15 August 2019. Johnson & Johnson Has a Baby Powder Problem Bloomberg, Retrieved ...
This can be done in animals or humans with a dry chemical powder or a chemical in solution. Rats are commonly used for these ... Along with inhalation, ingestion and injection, dermal absorption is a route of exposure for toxic substances and route of ... This can be modeled similarly to the dry chemical but one has to take into account the amount of solution the skin comes into ... Along with inhalation, ingestion and injection, dermal absorption is a route of exposure for bioactive substances including ...
A powder is a dry, bulk solid composed of many very fine particles that may flow freely when shaken or tilted. Powders are a ... For this reason, powders may be an inhalation hazard. Larger particles cannot weave through the body's defenses in the nose and ... A paste or gel might become a powder after it has been thoroughly dried, but is not considered a powder when it is wet because ... Substances like dried clay, although dry bulk solids composed of very fine particles, are not powders unless they are crushed ...
In general, inhalation exposure to dusty powders can be reduced by using a slurry or suspension of particles in a liquid ... Dry cleaning can avoid the use of toxic perchloroethylene by using petroleum-based solvents, supercritical carbon dioxide, or ... solvent instead of a dry powder, or substituting larger particles such as pellets or ingots. Some chemicals, such as ...
When left on skin, it will cause irritation, drying, and potentially burns. Inhalation of bleach fumes can damage the lungs. ... Bleaching powder. Main article: Calcium hypochlorite. Bleaching powder is any of various mixtures of calcium hypochlorite, lime ... So, in this particular proposed application, H2CO3 from CO2 and moisture on the bleaching powder, acts on the CaCl2 to release ... It is a white crystalline powder with a weak sulfurous odor. It can be obtained by reacting sodium bisulfite with zinc ...
Titanium dioxide nanoparticle
NIST SRM 1898 is a reference material consisting of a dry powder of TiO2 nanocrystals. It is intended as a benchmark in ... Inhalation exposure is the most common route of exposure to airborne particles in the workplace. The U.S. National Institute ... ISO/TS 11937 is a metrology standard for measuring several characteristics of dry titanium dioxide powder relevant for ... or by replacing a dry powder with a slurry or suspension in a liquid solvent to reduce dust exposure. Engineering controls, ...
... or dry powder inhalers, which dispense powder which can be inhaled. Salbutamol (INN) or albuterol (USAN) and some other β2 ... Findings indicate that β2 stimulants, especially in parenteral administration such as inhalation or injection, can induce ...
Pure calcium formate powder irritates eyes severely, but causes no skin irritation. Powder inhalation can be dangerous. The ... Calcium formate is separated from the solution, heat treated to remove formaldehyde and then dried. Calcium formate can also be ...
... a sonication process or substituting a nanomaterial slurry or suspension in a liquid solvent instead of a dry powder. ... Inhalation exposure is the most common route of exposure to airborne particles in the workplace. Animal studies on some classes ...
CS2 dry powder (CS2 is a siliconized, micro-pulverized form of CS). CS from thermal grenades by generation of hot gases. In the ... The solvent in which CS is dissolved, methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK), is classified as harmful by inhalation; irritating to the ... They are harmless when wet but to handle the dry powder is disastrous." As 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile is a solid at room ... Blank pistol cartridges carrying CS in powder form have been released to the public. These, when fired at relatively close ...
Dry-powder inhaler (DPI). 0. 0. Liquids. *Anaesthetic vaporizer. *Vaporizer. *Nebulizer. *Metered-dose inhaler (MDI) ... Inhalation of air. Inhalation of air, as part of the cycle of breathing, is a vital process for all human life. As such, ... Examples of accidental inhalation includes inhalation of water (e.g. in drowning), smoke, food, vomitus and less common foreign ... Inhalation begins with the contraction of the muscles attached to the rib cage; this causes an expansion in the chest cavity. ...
... making the case fatality rate among patients with inhalation anthrax 45% (5/11). The six other individuals with inhalation ... Up to 20% of the dry weight of the endospore consists of calcium dipicolinate within the core, which is thought to stabilize ... The powder found in contaminated postal letters was composed of extracellular anthrax endospores. This intentional distribution ... Small acid-soluble proteins (SASPs) saturate the endospore's DNA and protect it from heat, drying, chemicals, and radiation. ...
The thinking is that inhalation of smoke causes oxidative damage, depleting this antioxidant vitamin. The U.S. Institute ... and as crystalline powder. Vitamin C is also added to some fruit juices and juice drinks. Tablet and capsule content ranges ... As some plants were analyzed fresh while others were dried (thus, artificially increasing concentration of individual ...
Anesthesia masks are face masks that are designed to administer anesthetic gases to a patient through inhalation. Anesthesia ... Dry-powder inhaler (DPI). 0. 0. Liquids. *Anesthetic vaporizer. *Vaporizer. *Nebulizer. *Metered-dose inhaler (MDI) ... Inner view of a military aviators mask showing face seal, facepiece and inhalation valves ... inhalation is easy, but exhalation requires more effort. Aviators are trained in pressure-demand breathing in altitude chambers ...
On contact with the skin or eyes, it causes irritation, drying, and potentially burns. Inhalation of bleach fumes can damage ... Bleaching powder (formerly known as "chlorinated lime"), usually a mixture of calcium hypochlorite (Ca(ClO). 2), calcium ... 2) in variable amounts. Sold as a white powder or in tablets, is used in many of the same applications as sodium ... It is a white crystalline powder with a weak sulfurous odor. It can be obtained by reacting sodium bisulfite with zinc ...
Transmission occurred through inhalation of airborne Variola virus, usually droplets expressed from the oral, nasal, or ... During the second week, the blister begins to dry up and a scab forms. The scab falls off in the third week, leaving a small ... powdered smallpox scabs were blown up the noses of the healthy. People would then develop a mild case of the disease and from ... Fluid slowly leaked from the pustules, and by the end of the second week, the pustules had deflated and began to dry up, ...
Dry powders and solids. *Blood-borne pathogens and bio-hazards. *Chemical splashes and inorganic acid/base aerosols ... inhalation of airborne contaminants such as radon gas and radioactive particles. *ingestion of radioactive contamination in ... Internal dose, due to the inhalation or ingestion of radioactive substances, can result in stochastic or deterministic effects ... Provides very pure, dry compressed air to full facepiece mask via a hose ...
CNN: Dry food added to pet food recall list Archived April 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. ... Langman, Craig B. (2009). "Melamine, Powdered Milk, and Nephrolithiasis in Chinese Infants". New England Journal of Medicine. ... via inhalation), compared to 6.0 and 4.3 g/kg for melamine and 7.7 and 3.4 g/kg for cyanuric acid, respectively. ... Following the deaths of children in China from powdered milk in 2008, the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European in ...
Composition of dry atmosphere, by volume. ppmv: parts per million by volume (note: volume fraction is equal to mole ... Another method is heating an intimate mixture of powdered zinc metal and calcium carbonate, which releases CO and leaves behind ... implicate carbon monoxide as a physiological contributor to limiting inflammation and suggest that its delivery by inhalation ...
Inhalation of these AGEs in tobacco smoke contributes to atherosclerosis and cancer. Levels of AGEs are dependent on the ... Air-cured tobacco is hung in well-ventilated barns and allowed to dry over a period of four to eight weeks. Air-cured tobacco ... Snus is a steam-pasteurized moist powdered tobacco product that is not fermented, and induces minimal salivation. It is ... Tobacco drying kiln in Myrtleford, Victoria, Australia from 2018. This kiln was built in 1957, and moved to Rotary Park in 2000 ...
... and is unreactive to dry H. 2 up to its melting point. Finely powdered WC oxidizes readily in hydrogen peroxide aqueous ... The primary health risks associated with tungsten carbide relate to inhalation of dust, leading to silicosis-like pulmonary ... In its most basic form, tungsten carbide is a fine gray powder, but it can be pressed and formed into shapes through a process ... Lackner, A. and Filzwieser A. "Gas carburizing of tungsten carbide (WC) powder" U.S. Patent 6,447,742 (2002) ...
Usually clays, when dry, exist as a very fine powder, facilitating dispersion and compatibility with other ingredients. Clays ... or of inhalation of liquids or food particles, which can lead to aspiration pneumonia. ... A flavorless powdered starch used for this purpose is a fecula (from the Latin faecula, diminutive of faex, "dregs"). This ... Gelatin sheets disperse easily with no residual taste, but powdered form may have some taste. Kappa carragreenan may include ...
Powdered thorium metal is pyrophoric: it ignites spontaneously in air. In 1964, the United States Department of the Interior ... Complete drying of the precipitate must be avoided, as air may oxidise cerium from the +3 to the +4 oxidation state, and the ... Most thorium exposure occurs through dust inhalation; some thorium comes with food and water, but because of its low solubility ... Jacobson, M.; Cooper, A. R.; Nagy, J. (1964). Explosibility of metal powders (PDF) (Report). United States Department of the ...
Health effects of tobacco
Dipping tobacco, commonly referred to as snuff, is also put in the mouth, but it is a flavored powder. it is placed between the ... Inhalation of tobacco smoke causes several immediate responses within the heart and blood vessels. Within one minute the heart ... Most smokers, when denied access to nicotine, exhibit withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, jitteriness, dry mouth, and ... Each hookah session typically lasts more than 40 minutes, and consists of 50 to 200 inhalations that each range from 0.15 to ...
A drying oil is obtained from the seed. Curing and aging. After tobacco is harvested, it is cured (dried), and then aged ... It is an odourless, tasteless white powder and can be added to cereal grains, vegetables, soft drinks and other foods. It can ... These are readily absorbed into the user's body following smoke inhalation. ... The dried leaves can also be used; they remain effective for 6 months after drying. The juice of the leaves can be rubbed on ...
It is a white to white with light yellow cast powder, and has a pKa of 9.5 at 30 °C. ... Solution for inhalation (Assist, Mucomyst, Mucosil) - inhaled for mucolytic therapy. *Intravenous injection (Assist, Parvolex, ... "Management of the dry eye in Sjogren's syndrome". The British Journal of Ophthalmology. 58 (9): 798-805. doi:10.1136/bjo.58.9. ... The IV injection and inhalation preparations are, in general, prescription only, whereas the oral solution and the effervescent ...
This dry crop does not have to be windrowed (swathed and dried) prior to harvest, but can easily be straight-cut and harvested ... Severe skin burns are very rare. Inhalation is a minor route of exposure, but spray mist may cause oral or nasal discomfort ... Technical grade glyphosate is a white powder which, according to FAO specification, should contain not less than 95% glyphosate ... Glyphosate residues below the European MRLs were most frequently found in dry lentils, linseeds, soya beans, dry peas, tea, ...
"Proofing your Moonshine - Shake Test, Gun Powder Test, Hydrometer Test Explained". Learn to Moonshine. 21 November 2014. ... Burfield, David R.; Hefter, Glenn T.; Koh, Donald S. P. (1984). "Desiccant efficiency in solvent and reagent drying 8. ... molecular sieve column drying of 95% ethanol: An application of hygrometry to the assay of solvent water content". Journal of ...
"Chinese Ingredients: Borax Powder, Mushroom Extract - Chowhound". Chowhound.chow.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.. ... Borax was first discovered in dry lake beds in Tibet and was imported via the Silk Road to the Arabian Peninsula in the 8th ... "The residential handler inhalation risks due to boric acid and its sodium salts as active ingredients are not a risk concern ... Powdered borax is white, consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve easily in water. A number of closely related ...
Perfectly dry ammonia will not combine with perfectly dry hydrogen chloride; moisture is necessary to bring about the reaction. ... Hewat, A. W.; Riekel, C. (1979). "The crystal structure of deuteroammonia between 2 and 180 K by neutron powder profile ... it still meets the definition of a material that is toxic by inhalation and requires a hazardous safety permit when transported ... Before the start of World War I, most ammonia was obtained by the dry distillation of nitrogenous vegetable and animal ...
... dust and powder are toxic upon inhalation or ingestion and can cause explosions. ... The roots of plants do not take up thulium, and the dry matter of vegetables usually contains one part per billion of thulium.[ ... pure thulium metal powder cost US$70 per gram. ...
Risk of carbon monoxide inhalation. Natural gas heating systems may cause carbon monoxide poisoning if unvented or poorly ... Usually sales quality gas that has been treated to remove contamination is traded on a "dry gas" basis and is required to be ... Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC), activated carbon monolith. ... "Biomass drying from CHP heat recovery". Alfagy Limited. ... One method to deal with this problem is to re-inject dried gas free of condensate to maintain the underground pressure and to ...
MgO is one of the components in Portland cement in dry process plants. ... Inhalation of magnesium oxide fumes can cause metal fume fever.. See alsoEdit. *Calcium oxide ... White powder Odor Odorless Density 3.6 g/cm3. Melting point 2,852 °C (5,166 °F; 3,125 K) ...
The crystals are vacuum-dried to produce a free-flowing crystalline powder. ... indicate that the bleach use may be a source that could be important in terms of inhalation exposure to these compounds. The ... The few compatible metals include titanium (which however is not compatible with dry chlorine) and tantalum. Glass ... Another method involved the reaction of sodium carbonate ("washing soda") with chlorinated lime ("bleaching powder"), a mixture ...
Was traditionally used to coat dry-cured meats such as hams to improve the appearance and discourage flies. ... "Chinese Ingredients: Borax Powder, Mushroom Extract - Chowhound". Chowhound.chow.com. September 11, 2005. Retrieved August 7, ... "The residential handler inhalation risks due to boric acid and its sodium salts as active ingredients are not a risk concern ... Borax was first discovered in dry lake beds in Tibet and was imported via the Silk Road to the Arabian Peninsula in the 8th ...
Paper is dipped in the solution and dried at 100 °C. One drop of the sample is dropped onto the dry paper and heated. A green ... Zinc powder is sometimes used as a propellant in model rockets. When a compressed mixture of 70% zinc and 30% sulfur ... can be induced by inhalation of zinc fumes while brazing or welding galvanized materials. Zinc is a common ingredient of ... The manufacture of brass was known to the Romans by about 30 BC. They made brass by heating powdered calamine (zinc ...
It is also used as a lubricant and a pigment, as a molding material in glass manufacture, in electrodes for dry batteries and ... It is present as a powder, and is the main constituent of substances such as charcoal, lampblack (soot) and activated carbon. ... Inhalation of coal dust or soot (carbon black) in large quantities can be dangerous, irritating lung tissues and causing the ... Diamonds are embedded in drill tips or saw blades, or ground into a powder for use in grinding and polishing applications. ...
Macroscopically, Raney nickel is a finely divided, gray powder. Microscopically, each particle of this powder is a three- ... Due to its large surface area and high volume of contained hydrogen gas, dry, activated Raney nickel is a pyrophoric material ... while the inhalation of fine aluminium oxide particles is associated with Shaver's disease. ... In the activation process, the alloy, usually as a fine powder, is treated with a concentrated solution of sodium hydroxide. ...
Lonza Launches Capsugel® Zephyr™ - New Dry-Powder Inhalation Capsule Portfolio
... May 16,2019 *News Release PDF ... Basel (CH), 16 May 2019 - Today Lonza announced the launch of Capsugel® Zephyr™, its new dry-powder inhalation (DPI) capsule ... Comprehensive portfolio of high-quality customized Dry-Powder Inhalation (DPI) capsule solutions based on different polymers ... With over three billion DPI capsule units delivered worldwide, Lonza offers a full-service inhalation drug-delivery approach ...
Dry Powder Nitroimidazopyran Antibiotic PA-824 Aerosol for Inhalation | RTI
... for efficient aerosol delivery to the lungs in a dry powder porous particle form. The objectives of this study were to prepare ... 2009). Dry Powder Nitroimidazopyran Antibiotic PA-824 Aerosol for Inhalation. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 53(4), ... The physical, aerodynamic, and chemical properties of the dry powder were stable at room temperature for 6 months and under ... for efficient aerosol delivery to the lungs in a dry powder porous particle form. The objectives of this study were to prepare ...
EPO - T 0106/07 (Dry powder inhalation/QUADRANT TECHNOLOGIES INC.) of 7.2.2011
Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ... Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ... Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ... Use of a dry powder drug for the manufacture of medicament for inhalation was replaced by Use of a dry powder drug for the ...
Dry Powder Inhalation formulation development | Hovione
Hovione has considerable inhalation experience that allows us to implement strategies including conventional carrier based, ... Dry Powder Inhalation formulation development Hovione has considerable inhalation experience that allows us to implement ... Stability studies of inhalation powders (dose uniformity, HPLC for assay and impurities, …) ... Inhalation formulation development strategies. Within inhalation drug development services, Hovione focuses on formulation ...
Customized Dry-Powder Inhalation Capsules | Capsugel
Investigation of the Safety and Pharmacology of Dry Powder Inhalation of Treprostinil - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Investigation of the Safety and Pharmacology of Dry Powder Inhalation of Treprostinil (INSPIRE). The safety and scientific ... LIQ861 will be administered using the RS00 Model 8 dry powder inhalation (DPI) device (Plastiape S.p.A.; Osnago, Italy) at dose ... Liquidia is pursuing approval of LIQ861, an inhalation dry powder formulation of treprostinil that is produced using Liquidias ... The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of LIQ861, a dry powder formulation of ...
Ciprofloxacin Dry Powder for Inhalation in Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis (Non-CF BE) - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Ciprofloxacin Dry Powder for Inhalation in Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis (Non-CF BE) (RESPIRE 1). The safety and ... Participants received ciprofloxacin (BAYQ3939) 32.5 milligram (mg) corresponding to 50 mg dry powder for inhalation (DPI) ... Participants received placebo matched to ciprofloxacin 32.5 mg powder (containing 40 mg dry powder) administered BID (every 12 ... Participants received placebo matched to ciprofloxacin 32.5 mg powder (containing 40 mg dry powder) administered BID (every 12 ...
Dry-Powder Inhalation Formulation: Balancing Performance and Manufacturability | Hovione
There is growing demand for dry-powder inhalation formulations of drugs to treat both respiratory and systemic diseases. ... Spray drying is an enabling technology for composite particle preparation. Formulators must be aware, however, of the tradeoffs ... Spray Dried Composite Particles: Formulation and Process Parameters, Effect of two API Concentrations and Stability Assessment ... ECA Conference: Spray Drying - Solutions for Pharmaceutical Industry 09/06/2016 - 00:00 ...
Article Metrics] New inhalation-optimized itraconazole nanoparticle-based dry powders f | IJN
... dry powders for inhalation (DPI) composed of nanoparticles (NP) embedded in carrier microparticles were prepared and ... Spray-drying affected the NP size by inducing irreversible aggregation, which was able to be minimized by the addition of ... The optimized nanosuspension and the initial microsuspension were then spray-dried with different proportions of or in the ... and the size of the dried NP when reconstituted in aqueous media, impaction studies using a multistage liquid impactor to ...
Advancing Dry Powder Inhalation Capsule Technologies Towards Enhanced Therapeutics | Capsugel
Advancing Dry Powder Inhalation Capsule Technologies Towards Enhanced Therapeutics. November 29, 2017 ... Dry powder inhalers (DPIs) - and primarily capsule-based DPIs - are gaining interest from generic players in the pharmaceutical ... Spray Dried Dispersion Inhalation Technology Lipid Multiparticulate Technology Liquid Filled Hard Capsule Technology ... A comparison of jet milling for carrier based approaches and spray drying as a particle sizing option will be reviewed. Finally ...
PhD defence: Dry powder inhalation of antibiotics, Marcel Hoppentocht | Agenda | News and activities | GRIP | Research |...
... dry powder inhalation is presented as an alternative and current developments and strategies for inhaled dry powder antibiotics ... Dry powder inhalation of antibiotics. A promising approach for treatment of infectious diseases ... In the thesis of Marcel Hoppentocht the feasibility to treat bacterial infections effectively with inhaled dry powder ...
Electrostatic charge behavior of aerosolized pharmaceutical particles for various drug/sugar carrier dry powder inhalation...
New dry powders for inhalation containing temozolomide-based nanomicelles for improved lung cancer therapy
... *Authors: *Rémi ... Rosière R, Gelbcke M, Mathieu V, Van Antwerpen P, Amighi K and Wauthoz N: New dry powders for inhalation containing ... Besides the numerous advantages of a chemotherapy administered by the inhalation route for lung cancer therapy, dry powder for ... The present study, therefore, shows that F-PEG-HMD-based dry powders for inhalation could constitute an interesting drug ...
A Dry Powder Formulation of Liposome-Encapsulated Recombinant Secretory Leukocyte Protease Inhibitor (rSLPI) for Inhalation:...
Systemic delivery of parathyroid hormone (1-34) using inhalation dry powders in rats. J Pharm Sci. 2003;92(5):938-50.CrossRef ... A Dry Powder Formulation of Liposome-Encapsulated Recombinant Secretory Leukocyte Protease Inhibitor (rSLPI) for Inhalation: ... Jones MD, Price R. The influence of fine excipient particles on the performance of carrier-based dry powder inhalation ... Joshi M, Misra A. Dry powder inhalation of liposomal Ketotifen fumarate: formulation and characterization. Int J Pharm. 2001; ...
Preparation and physicochemical characterization of spray-dried and jet-milled microparticles containing bosentan hydrate for...
... microparticles as dry powder inhalations (DPIs) via spray drying and jet milling under various parameters, to comprehensively ... characterization of spray-dried and jet-milled microparticles containing bosentan hydrate for dry powder inhalation aerosols.. ... The BST microparticles were successfully prepared for DPIs by spray drying from feeding solution concentrations of 1%, 3%, and ... The physicochemical properties of the spray-dried (SD) and jet-milled (JM) microparticles were determined via scanning electron ...
RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis...
RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ... RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ... RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ... RESPIRE 1: a phase III placebo-controlled randomised trial of ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis ...
An Extension Study for Participants in LIQ861 Trials to Evaluate the Long-term Safety of Dry Powder Inhalation of Treprostinil ...
Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ...
Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ... Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ... Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ... Enhanced training on how to use a dry powder inhaler (DPI) improves the inhalation manoeuvre (IM) of patients with asthma ( ...
Formoterol as dry powder oral inhalation compared with salbutamol metered-dose inhaler in acute exacerbations of chronic...
SID.ir | INFLUENCE OF FORMULATION VARIABLES AND INHALATION DEVICE ON THE DEPOSITION PROFILES OF CROMOLYN SODIUM DRY POWDER...
... of an article INFLUENCE OF FORMULATION VARIABLES AND INHALATION DEVICE ON THE DEPOSITION PROFILES OF CROMOLYN SODIUM DRY POWDER ... INFLUENCE OF FORMULATION VARIABLES AND INHALATION DEVICE ON THE DEPOSITION PROFILES OF CROMOLYN SODIUM DRY POWDER AEROSOLS. ... INFLUENCE OF FORMULATION VARIABLES AND INHALATION DEVICE ON THE DEPOSITION PROFILES OF CROMOLYN SODIUM DRY POWDER AEROSOLS. ... INFLUENCE OF FORMULATION VARIABLES AND INHALATION DEVICE ON THE DEPOSITION PROFILES OF CROMOLYN SODIUM DRY POWDER AEROSOLS. ...
Production of Inhalation Phage Powders Using Spray Freeze Drying and Spray Drying Techniques for Treatment of Respiratory...
This work compared the performance of two dry powder formation... ... Powder formation by atmospheric spray-freeze-drying. Powder ... Production of Inhalation Phage Powders Using Spray Freeze Drying and Spray Drying Techniques for Treatment of Respiratory ... This work compared the performance of two dry powder formation techniques, spray freeze drying (SFD) and spray drying (SD), in ... In vitro lung delivery of bacteriophages KS4-M and Theta KZ using dry powder inhalers for treatment of Burkholderia cepacia ...
Pharma Testing Equipment Expert to Speak at Dry Powder Inhalation China Technology Conference - EPM Magazine
... is one of the invited speakers at the first Dry Powder Inhalation China Technology Conference, which takes place in Shanghai, ... Mark Copley, Sales Director at Copley Scientific, is one of the invited speakers at the first Dry Powder Inhalation China ... Home Technology Pharma Testing Equipment Expert to Speak at Dry Powder Inhalation China Technology Conference ... Pharma Testing Equipment Expert to Speak at Dry Powder Inhalation China Technology Conference. ...
Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. II - Sodium cromoglicate
Nolan LM, Li J, Tajber L, Corrigan OI, Healy AM, Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. ... Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. II - Sodium cromoglicate. ... Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. II - sodium cromoglicate.pdf (Published (authors ... cromoglicate is an antiasthmatic and antiallergenic drug used in inhalation therapy and commonly administered by a dry powder ...
The acoustic features of inhalation can be used to quantify aerosol delivery from a Diskus¿ dry powder inhaler
... ... The acoustic features of inhalation can be used to quantify aerosol delivery from a Diskus¿ dry powder inhaler, Pharmaceutical ... necessary to de-agglomerate drug particles from dry powder inhalers (DPIs). In this study we tested the hypothesis that the ... METHODS: A sensitivity analysis of the relationship of the acoustics of inhalation to simultaneously recorded airflow, in a ...
Salbutamol dry-powder inhalation - sanofi-aventis - AdisInsight
sanofi-aventis was developing a dry-powder, breath-activated inhaled formulation of the antiasthmatic agent salbutamol [ ... Salbutamol dry-powder inhalation - sanofi-aventis Alternative Names: Albuterol dry-powder inhalation - sanofi-aventis; ... 26 Mar 2009 No development reported - Phase-III for Asthma in Europe (Inhalation) ... 26 Mar 2009 No development reported - Phase-III for Asthma in USA (Inhalation) ...
Dry Powder Inhalation | DFE Pharma
Budesonide dry-powder inhalation - Sofotec - AdisInsight
Patent US5590645 - Inhalation device - Google Patents
... through which a user can inhale medicament in powder form from the opened container. ... An inhalation device is described for use with a medicament pack in which at least one container for medicament in powder form ... Dry powder inhalation device. WO1990013328A1 *. Apr 30, 1990. Nov 15, 1990. Riker Laboratories, Inc.. Dry powder inhalation ... Dry powder inhaler. US7322353 *. Nov 10, 2004. Jan 29, 2008. Valois S.A.S.. Breath actuated dry powder inhaler and tape dose ...
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension - Pfizer Inc
Dry Powder Formulation for Inhalation. A dry powder formulation of sildenafil citrate was prepared by blending micronised drug ... The powder can be placed in hard gelatin capsules for use in conjunction with a conventional dry powder inhalation device. ... The product was filled into hard gelatin capsules (150 mg) for use with a commercial dry powder inhalation device. ... The title product was collected by filtration and dried in vacuum to give a white crystalline solid (116.0 g, 96.8%), m.p. 272- ...
METHOD OF PREPARING DRY POWDER INHALATION COMPOSITIONS - Patent application
Also provided are dry powder inhalation compositions and methods of using them with a dry powder inhalation device. The ... using them with a dry powder inhalation device.. Claims:. 1. A method of preparing a dry powder inhalation composition ... of the first particulate inhalant medicament to form a dry powder inhalation composition, wherein, in the dry powder inhalation ... Also provided are dry powder compositions and methods of using them with a dry powder inhalation device.  The patents, ...
InhalerInhalersOral inhalationFormulationDPIsAerosolsParticleExcipientsFormulationsMannitolCapsugelPatient inhalationDosageCiprofloxacin Dry Powder for InhalationLACTOSEMedicamentSpraysPharmaceuticalPulmonaryCystic fibrosisActuationFluticasoneVitroTobramycin dryAerolizerLungParticlesAerosolizationSalmeterolRespiratoryNebulizersCapsules for inhalationDose uniformityDosesAlbuterol2016LungsInvention relatesDrug-deliveryAsthmaParametersAssayStabilityMouthpieceDispersionSpray DryingInhalableHPMCSuitableEvaluateAerosolisationAerosol performanceAdministrationProductsDeliveryTuberculosis
- The feature 'dry powder inhaler' was implicitly disclosed in claim 1 of the original application, as it was clear that the inhaler mentioned in said claim 1 had to be a dry powder inhaler since the drug to be delivered was in the form of a dry powder. (epo.org)
- The use of a discrete, hand-held dry powder inhaler to deliver treprostinil to the lungs could represent a major improvement in convenience and patient satisfaction, thereby improving the quality of life for PAH patients. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Participants received 32.5 mg ciprofloxacin hydrated (corresponding to 50 mg dry powder) administered BID (every 12 hours) using T-326 powder inhaler device. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Aerosolisation was achieved using a dry powder inhaler, and mass median aerodynamic diameter (MMAD) was evaluated after collection in a cascade impactor. (springer.com)
- Sodium cromoglicate is an antiasthmatic and antiallergenic drug used in inhalation therapy and commonly administered by a dry powder inhaler. (tcd.ie)
- In addition, small quantities of medicament may sometimes bind to the inert carrier, which can affect the amount of medicament that is made available to the patient when the formulation is delivered, e.g. by means of a dry powder inhaler (DPI) device. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Our product range includes a wide range of fluticasone salmetrol dry powder inhaler. (savestaherbals.co.in)
- The in-vitro aerosolization behaviour of the powders was assessed with an Aerolizer inhaler using a twin-stage impinger. (qub.ac.uk)
- Areas covered: We consider current evidence for inhaled treatment in NCFB and discuss ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation (DPI), a novel treatment using PulmoSphere™ technology, delivered via a pocket-sized, breath-actuated inhaler. (elsevier.com)
- Dry powder inhaler (capsule): Do not swallow capsules. (drugs.com)
- Objective(s): It has been suggested that the efficiency of dry poder inhaler (DPI) is generally low. (sussex.ac.uk)
- Conclusion: The solvent treated method can be used as an approach to improve the performance of carriers such as lactose and mannitol in dry powder inhaler. (sussex.ac.uk)
- A unit dose dry powder inhaler has a dispersion chamber, optionally including one or more beads. (google.com)
- Pharmaceutical dry powder is released from the blister and entrained in air flow through the inhaler, when the user inhales on the mouthpiece. (google.com)
- 2. The dry powder inhaler of claim 1 with the third plate pivotable from a first position wherein the third plate overlies the dose container, to a second position wherein the third plate causes the first and second plates to move away from each other, to open the dose container. (google.com)
- 3. The dry powder inhaler of claim 1 further comprising an air passageway in the second plate. (google.com)
- 4. The dry powder inhaler of claim 3 with the air passageway leading into a dispersion chamber formed between the first and second plates. (google.com)
- 5. The dry powder inhaler of claim 1 further comprising a mouthpiece on the second plate. (google.com)
- 6. The dry powder inhaler of claim 5 further comprising a mouthpiece cover on the third plate. (google.com)
- 7. The dry powder inhaler of claim 5 further including a mouthpiece cover on the third plate having a cap section adapted to fit over the mouthpiece. (google.com)
- 8. The dry powder inhaler of claim 7 with the cap section comprising a shield dome covering the dose container. (google.com)
- 11. The dry powder inhaler of claim 9 with the blister container fixed in position over an air passageway, and with the pharmaceutical in the container released into the air passageway as the mouthpiece cover is moved into the second position. (google.com)
- 12. The dry power inhaler of claim 9 with a second portion of the second layer of the blister container adhered to a blister plate, and with the blister container immovable relative to the blister plate. (google.com)
- 13. The dry powder inhaler of claim 9 with the blister post extending through a hole in a blister plate, and with the blister container positioned over the hole and a second portion of the second layer of the blister container adhered to the blister plate around the hole. (google.com)
- Take the inhaler out of your mouth at the end of the inhalation. (atemwegsliga.de)
- To make sure full dose is taken, open inhaler to check that no powder left in capsule. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Notify health care professional immediately if symptoms get worse or more inhalations than usual are needed from rescue inhaler. (unboundmedicine.com)
- A new and improved inhaler includes an accurate and consistent mechanical dose metering system that dispenses dry powdered medicament in discrete amounts or doses for patient inhalation, a pressure relief system that manages pressure within a medicament reservoir of the inhaler to ensure consistently. (google.es)
- You will use the inhaler to breathe in the dry powder contained in the capsules. (medlineplus.gov)
- Tiotropium will only work if you use the inhaler it comes with to inhale the powder in the capsules. (medlineplus.gov)
- AirDuo Digihaler is a multidose dry powder inhaler (MDPI) with an electronic module, for oral inhalation only. (rxlist.com)
- DP Haler - The world's first transparent dry powder inhaler. (cipla.com)
- World's first single-action, multi-dose (Salmeterol + Fluticasone/Formoterol + Budesonide) Dry Powder Inhaler. (cipla.com)
- 10. Kaialy W, Momin MN, Ticehurst MD, Murphy J, Nokhodchi A. Engineered mannitol as an alternative carrier to enhance deep lung penetration of salbutamol sulphate from dry powder inhaler. (ac.ir)
- It is delivered to the lungs by a dry powder inhaler, the Diskhaler, which is also available as a delivery system for salbutamol and beclomethasone. (bmj.com)
- Inhaler technique can be considered in five stages: loading and priming of the device, exhaling to residual volume, hand and breath coordination of inhalation, breath holding, and awareness of an empty inhaler. (bmj.com)
- ProAir Digihaler is inhalation-driven, multi-dose inhalation powder (dry powder inhaler) for oral inhalation only. (rxlist.com)
- The inhaler is provided for 200 actuations (inhalations). (rxlist.com)
- Keep the inhaler clean and dry at all times. (rxlist.com)
- As pulmonary inhalation begins to move into new therapeutic areas, Peter Villax and Gon alo Andrade at Hovione investigate the engineering behind the first factory-filled, single-use dry powder inhaler to come to market. (samedanltd.com)
- More particularly, the present invention relates to a device which receives a metered dose inhaler and which automatically actuates the metered dose inhaler responsive to inhalation by the user. (google.com)
- The aims of the study are to analyze the influence of air flow on the overall performance of a dry powder inhaler (Aerolizer ® ) and to provide an initial quantification of the flow turbulence levels and particle impaction velocities that maximized the inhaler dispersion performance. (springer.com)
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis of the flowfield in the Aerolizer ® , in conjunction with experimental dispersions of mannitol powder using a multistage liquid impinger, was used to determine how the inhaler dispersion performance varied as the device flow rate was increased. (springer.com)
- Chew, N. Y. K., Bagster, D. F., Chan, H.-K. 2000 Effect of particle size, air flow and inhaler device on the aerosolisation of disodiumcromoglycate powders Int. J. Pharm. (springer.com)
- Chew, N. Y. K., Chan, H.-K. 1999 Influence of particle size, air flow, and inhaler device on the dispersion of mannitol powders Pharm. (springer.com)
- Novel system to investigate the effects of inhaled volume and rates of rise in simulated inspiratory air flow on fine particle output from a dry powder inhaler. (springer.com)
- Deposition and pharmacokinetics of budesonide from the Miat Monodose inhaler, a simple dry powder device. (nih.gov)
- Improved lung delivery from a passive dry powder inhaler using an Engineered PulmoSphere powder. (nih.gov)
- A dry-powder inhaler (DPI) is a device that delivers medication to the lungs in the form of a dry powder. (wikipedia.org)
- Once loaded or actuated, the operator puts the mouthpiece of the inhaler into their mouth and takes a sharp, deep inhalation (ensuring that the medication reaches the lower parts of the lungs), holding their breath for 5-10 seconds. (wikipedia.org)
- Pilot study of bronchodilator response to inhaled albuterol delivered by metered-dose inhaler and a novel dry powder inhaler. (nih.gov)
- Hovione's inhalers offer our business partners access to simple, multipurpose, easy to use, globally competitive alternatives for inhalation delivery devices. (hovione.com)
- Dry powder inhalers (DPIs) - and primarily capsule-based DPIs - are gaining interest from generic players in the pharmaceutical industry, especially for treatment in emerging countries due to their simplicity, cost-effectiveness and patient compliance. (capsugel.com)
- Dry powder inhalers (DPIs) have attained considerable attention due to their propellant-free formulations and the patient's inherent coordination with actuation. (sid.ir)
- He will deliver a wide-ranging introduction to the in vitro testing of dry powder inhalers (DPIs), focusing on those aspects that are unique to this important category of orally inhaled drug product. (epmmagazine.com)
- Particle engineering of materials for oral inhalation by dry powder inhalers. (tcd.ie)
- Some patients are unable to generate the peak inspiratory flow rate (PIFR) necessary to de-agglomerate drug particles from dry powder inhalers (DPIs). (tcd.ie)
-  Thus, methods of producing ternary mixtures that are homogeneous and can be used with suitable dry powder inhalers, to give dose uniformity, reliability, and uniform dispersion of a plurality of medicaments in the composition are needed. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Many pulmonary diseases such as lung cancer, tuberculosis (TB), cystic fibrosis (CF), bacterial and fungal lung infections, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) could greatly benefit from this type of pulmonary nanomedicine approach that can be delivered in a targeted manner by dry powder inhalers (DPIs). (elsevier.com)
- This document includes products for administration of the drug substance to the lungs, such as pressurised metered dose inhalers, dry powder inhalers, products for nebulisation, and non-pressurised metered dose inhalers, as well as pressurised metered dose nasal sprays, nasal powders, and nasal liquids. (canada.ca)
- 1. Prime D, Atkins P, Slater A, Bumby B. Review of drug powder inhalers. (ac.ir)
- 2. Timsina MP, Martin GP, Marriott C, Ganderton D, Yianneskis M. Drug delivery to the respiratory tract using dry powder inhalers. (ac.ir)
- 3. Flament MP, Leterme P, Gayot A. The influence of carrier roughness on adhesion, content uniformity and in vitro deposition of terbutaline sulphate from drug powder inhalers. (ac.ir)
- 4. Zeng X, Martin G, Mariott C, Pritchard J. The influence of carrier morphologies on drug delivery by dry powder inhalers. (ac.ir)
- 7. Kaialy W, Martin GP, Larhrib H, Ticehurst MD, Kolosionek E, Nokhodchi A. The influence of physical properties and morphology of crystallised lactose on delivery of salbutamol sulphate from dry powder inhalers. (ac.ir)
- 9. Kaialy W, Larhrib H, Ticehurst MD, Nokhodchi A. Influence of batch cooling crystallization on mannitol physical properties and drug dispersion from dry powder inhalers. (ac.ir)
- The present invention relates to inhalation/breath actuated devices for use with metered dose inhalers (MDIs). (google.com)
- The current approach to management of inflammatory airway disease is through inhalation therapy with nebulizers or metered-dose inhalers (MDIs). (merckvetmanual.com)
- dry powder inhalers are not suitable for use in animals. (merckvetmanual.com)
- The approach of using CFD coupled with powder dispersion is readily applicable to other dry powder inhalers (DPIs) to help better understand their performance optimization. (springer.com)
- Boer, A. H., Bolhuis, G. K., Gjaltema, D., Hagedoorn, P. 1997 Inhalation characteristics and their effects on in vitro drug delivery from dry powder inhalers. (springer.com)
- Scintigraphic comparison of budesonide deposition from two dry powder inhalers. (nih.gov)
- Metered dose inhalers (MDIs), dry powder inhalers (DPIs), and nebulizers are modes of aerosol drug delivery that are used to treat respiratory disorders (eg, asthma , obstructive lung disorders, cystic fibrosis , pulmonary arterial hypertension , infectious pulmonary disease). (medscape.com)
- Metered dose inhalers (MDIs), dry powder inhalers (DPIs), and nebulizers are the popular modes of aerosol delivery. (medscape.com)
- Inhalation: For oral inhalation only. (drugs.com)
- Anticholinergic Agents: May enhance the anticholinergic effect of Glycopyrrolate (Oral Inhalation). (drugs.com)
- Powder is only for oral inhalation and capsules must not be swallowed. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Administer ProAir Digihaler by oral inhalation only. (rxlist.com)
- The capsules are for oral inhalation only. (mydr.com.au)
- Lonza Pharma & Biotech offers end-to-end inhalation drug delivery development and manufacturing services from particle engineering inclusive of micronization and spray drying, to formulation and encapsulation for use in capsule-based DPI devices. (lonza.com)
- The Capsugel® Zephyr™ capsule portfolio responds to the marketplace needs for comprehensive inhalation solutions that ensure end-product efficacy with consistent and optimal release performance regardless of formulation characteristics or DPI device principles. (lonza.com)
- The objectives of this study were to prepare and characterize a particulate form of PA-824, assess the stability of this aerosol formulation under different environmental conditions, and determine the pharmacokinetic parameters for the powder after pulmonary administration. (rti.org)
- Pharmacokinetic parameters were determined in guinea pigs after the pulmonary administration of the PA-824 powder formulation at three doses (20, 40, and 60 mg/kg of body weight) and compared to those after the intravenous (20 mg/kg) and oral (40 mg/kg) delivery of the drug. (rti.org)
- Within inhalation drug development services, Hovione focuses on formulation development to add further value to the services we offer. (hovione.com)
- The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the long-term safety and tolerability of LIQ861, a dry powder formulation of treprostinil , in patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Liquidia is pursuing approval of LIQ861, an inhalation dry powder formulation of treprostinil that is produced using Liquidia's PRINT® Technology (Particle Replication in Nonwetting Templates), as an alternative to current inhaled treprostinil therapy for the treatment of patients with PAH (WHO Group 1). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The effects of formulation and processing on rSLPI stability, activity, and uniformity of content within the powders were characterised. (springer.com)
- Fine particle dose, fine particle fraction and emitted dose of the drug were depended to both formulation and inhalation devices. (sid.ir)
- The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of formulation excipients on the physical characteristics and aerosolization performance of insulin dry powders for inhalation. (qub.ac.uk)
- These delivery systems may require smaller doses for efficacy, exhibit reduced toxicity, fewer side effects, controlled drug release over a prolonged time period, and increased formulation stability as inhaled powders. (elsevier.com)
- Spray-dry processing is finding greater utilisation in DPI applications because of its superior particle size control, higher drug loading and fewer formulation dependencies compared to traditional lactose blend formulations. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- Capsugel's capabilities for DPI formulations include spray drying for all clinical phases and commercial manufacturing, formulation development and scale-up expertise, phase appropriate encapsulation and full aerosol analytical capabilities in development and GMP. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- To provide theoretical and practical basis for the successful formulation design of physically-mixed inhalation dry powder of proteins and peptides , related references were collected, analyzed and summarized. (bvsalud.org)
- In order to design physically-mixed inhalation dry powder for proteins and peptides with high lung deposition, it is essential to study drug -carriers interactions systematically and illustrate the potential influence of formulation, process parameters and micromeritic properties of the powder . (bvsalud.org)
- A critical view on lactose-based drug formulation and device studies for dry powder inhalation: Which are relevant and what interactions to expect? (bath.ac.uk)
- Many years of research have not led to a profound knowledge of the mechanisms involved in the formulation and dispersion of carrier based mixtures for inhalation. (bath.ac.uk)
- It should also become an integral part of powder formulation for inhalation. (bath.ac.uk)
- Patient inhalation through the mouthpiece causes the deagglomeration and aerosolization of the drug particles as the formulation moves through the cyclone component of the device. (rxlist.com)
- Drug products combine active pharmaceutical ingredients with excipients in a final formulation for delivery to patients in liquid or lyophilized (freeze-dried) packaged forms - with the latter requiring reconstitution in the clinical setting. (bioprocessintl.com)
- Written by leading international experts from both academia and industry, the book will help readers (formulation design scientists, researchers and post-graduate and specialized undergraduate students) develop a deep understanding of key aspects of inhalation formulations as well as detail ongoing challenges and advances associated with their development. (wiley.com)
- Inhalation of a dry powder tobramycin PulmoSphere formulation in healthy volunteers. (nih.gov)
- The objectives of this study were to prepare bosentan hydrate (BST) microparticles as dry powder inhalations (DPIs) via spray drying and jet milling under various parameters, to comprehensively characterize the physicochemical properties of the BST hydrate microparticles, and to evaluate the aerosol dispersion performance and dissolution behavior as DPIs. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- The BST microparticles were successfully prepared for DPIs by spray drying from feeding solution concentrations of 1%, 3%, and 5% (w/v) and by jet milling at grinding pressures of 2, 3, and 4 MPa. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Catalent combines decades of project with all pulmonary dosage forms including pMDIs, DPIs, nasal sprays and solutions/suspensions for inhalation. (catalent.com)
- The DPIs may require some procedure to allow a measured dose of powder to be ready for the patient to take. (wikipedia.org)
- Most DPIs rely on the force of patient inhalation to entrain powder from the device and subsequently break-up the powder into particles that are small enough to reach the lungs. (wikipedia.org)
- With over three billion DPI capsule units delivered worldwide, Lonza offers a full-service inhalation drug-delivery approach based on proven particle engineering platforms, specialized encapsulation technologies as well as customized capsules for use with a large range of DPI devices. (lonza.com)
- We formulated PA-824, a nitroimidazopyran with promise for the treatment of tuberculosis, for efficient aerosol delivery to the lungs in a dry powder porous particle form. (rti.org)
- Hovione has considerable inhalation experience that allows us to implement strategies including conventional carrier based, neat (drug-alone) or composite particle formulations. (hovione.com)
- Drug alone (or quasi-drug alone) formulations by spray drying, i.e. depending on API properties (e. g. flowability) and particle engineering technology applications. (hovione.com)
- Spray drying is an enabling technology for composite particle preparation. (hovione.com)
- A comparison of jet milling for carrier based approaches and spray drying as a particle sizing option will be reviewed. (capsugel.com)
- The physicochemical properties of the spray-dried (SD) and jet-milled (JM) microparticles were determined via scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, dynamic light scattering particle size analysis, Karl Fischer titration, surface analysis, pycnometry, differential scanning calorimetry, powder X-ray diffraction, and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- While particle morphology was altered by storage at high humidity (60% RH) and in vitro deposition performance deteriorated, it was possible to maintain NPMP morphology and aerosolisation performance by storing the powder with dessicant. (tcd.ie)
- Our customers are seeking partners with not only advanced particle engineering technology and expertise, but also integrated inhalation product development solutions that minimise programme risk and complexity. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- Building on 25 years of experience with spray-dry technology and with formulating more than 1,000 compounds for oral delivery, this expansion is part of our long-term effort to bring our particle engineering, spray-dry processing capabilities and encapsulation expertise to pulmonary drug delivery and growing DPI applications," said David Lyon, Ph.D., Head of Biotherapeutics, Capsugel. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- 7. The method of claim 1, wherein said α1-antitrypsin dry powder comprises aggregates of particles, wherein said particles have a mean particle size of from about 1 μm to about 5 μm and said aggregates have a mean size of from about 50 μm to about 600 μm, and wherein said aggregates have a friability index of from about 10 to about 60. (google.com.au)
- Besides, influence of micromeritic properties of the dry powder , such as particle size , shape, density, flowability, charge , dispersibility and hygroscopicity , on drug deposition in the lung was elaborated. (bvsalud.org)
- The results showed that the fine particle fraction (FPF) and emitted dose (ED) of micronized TCB powder was (21.07 +/- 1.74)%, (75.31 +/- 21.05)%, respectively, and for DPI was (56.4 +/- 2.2)%, (95.9 +/- 3.0)%, respectively. (bvsalud.org)
- 6. Dickhoff B, Boer A, Lambregts D, Frijlink H. The effect of carrier surface treatment or drug particle detachment crystalline carriers in adverse mixtures for inhalation. (ac.ir)
- Inhalation Sciences (ISAB) has received an order for a PreciseInhale system, and DissolvIt, the system's unique in vitro module for studying particle dissolution. (cision.com)
- Insulin dry powders were prepared by a spray drying technique using excipients such as sugars (trehalose, lactose and dextran), mannitol and amino acids (L-leucine, glycine and threonine). (qub.ac.uk)
- The spherically nanostructured microparticles according to the invention are suitable for the preparation of inhalation powders in which no other excipients or additives (carrier materials) are required in order to obtain a powder which can be handled on an industrial scale, which can be further processed directly and has excellent properties in terms of dispersibility and is sufficiently easy to process with regard to its cohesive properties. (freepatentsonline.com)
- These formulations can then be used to fill capsules for inhalation (HPMC size 3) and be supplied for proof of concept, feasibility study, clinical trial and commercial manufacturing material. (hovione.com)
- There is growing demand for dry-powder inhalation formulations of drugs to treat both respiratory and systemic diseases. (hovione.com)
- This study suggests that L-leucine could be used to enhance the aerosolization behaviour of the insulin dry powders for inhalation, and trehalose could potentially be used as an excipient in the formulations. (qub.ac.uk)
- Dry powder formulations comprising a corticosteroid and a beta 2 -adrenergic drug in combination are useful for the prevention and/or treatment of inflammatory or obstructive airways diseases. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Our inhalation-manufacturing operations have a track-record of regulatory excellence, and we routinely manufacture complex and demanding formulations for clients around the globe. (catalent.com)
- 5. Larhib H, Martin G, Marriott C, Prime D. The influence of carrier and drug morphologies on drug delivery from dry powder formulations. (ac.ir)
- Basel (CH), 16 May 2019 - Today Lonza announced the launch of Capsugel® Zephyr™, its new dry-powder inhalation (DPI) capsule portfolio, the most complete portfolio of DPI capsules to meet the growing need for customized solutions for optimal pulmonary drug delivery. (lonza.com)
- Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions team developed Capsugel® Zephyr™ capsules as a portfolio of high-quality, highly customizable DPI capsules of different polymers and compositions, and product customization services to help address the specific needs of inhalation drug products manufacturers. (lonza.com)
- Capsugel, a global leader in delivering high-quality, innovative dosage forms and solutions, has announced the expansion of its late-stage inhalation capabilities to advance dry powder inhalation (DPI) concepts through late-stage clinical trial and commercial production. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- For this reason, insufficient patient inhalation flow rates may lead to reduced dose delivery and incomplete deaggregation of the powder, leading to unsatisfactory device performance. (wikipedia.org)
- For treatment of acute episodes of bronchospasm or prevention of symptoms associated with bronchospasm, the recommended dosage for adults and children 4 years of age or older is 2 inhalations repeated every 4 to 6 hours. (rxlist.com)
- For prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm, the recommended dosage for adults and children 4 years of age or older is 2 inhalations 15 to 30 minutes before exercise. (rxlist.com)
Ciprofloxacin Dry Powder for Inhalation1
- De Soyza, A & Aksamit, T 2016, ' Ciprofloxacin dry powder for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis ', Expert Opinion on Orphan Drugs , vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 875-884. (elsevier.com)
- Being approved by U. S. Food and Drug Administration , lactose has been extensively used as carriers in many inhalation products. (bvsalud.org)
- Orthodox design was employed to optimize the parameters of spray drying to prepare micronized TCB powder, the DPI was prepared by mixing micronized TCB powder and lactose. (bvsalud.org)
- An inhalation device is described for use with a medicament pack in which at least one container for medicament in powder form is defined between two sheets peelably secured to one another. (google.com)
- and an outlet, communicating with the opened container, through which a user can inhale medicament in powder form from the opened container. (google.com)
- indexing means for indexing in communication with said outlet containers of a medicament pack in use with said inhalation device. (google.com)
- The invention provides a method of preparing a dry powder inhalation composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable particulate carrier, a first particulate inhalant medicament and a second particulate inhalant medicament. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- and (c) mixing said second mixture with a second portion of the first particulate inhalant medicament to form a dry powder inhalation composition, wherein, in the dry powder inhalation composition from step (c) the ratio by weight of the second particulate inhalant medicament to the carrier is less than the ratio by weight of the first particulate inhalant medicament to the carrier. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Thus, the invention provides a method of preparing a dry powder inhalation composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable particulate carrier, a first particulate inhalant medicament and a second particulate inhalant medicament, where the proportion of the second medicament to the carrier is smaller relative to the proportion of the first medicament to the carrier. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- The remaining portion of the first particulate inhalant medicament is mixed with the second mixture to give the desired dry powder inhalation composition. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- 2008). Use of nanotechnology-based cosmetic powders and sprays could lead to especially high levels of dermal and inhalation exposure, the latter being a consequence of product application leading to aerosol generation in the personal breathing zone (Hansen et al. (thefreelibrary.com)
- As a leader in the field of Inhalation, DFE pharma offers the pharmaceutical industry the most optimal solution for the development of their Dry Powder Inhalation (DPI) drug. (dfepharma.com)
- Health Canada is pleased to announce the release of the final version of the Guidance for Industry Pharmaceutical Quality of Inhalation and Nasal Products . (canada.ca)
- With more than 20 years of experience in manufacturing DPI- capsules, Lonza offers a uniquely customized portfolio of polymers to meet the growing need of inhalation DPI products for pulmonary drug delivery," stated Stef Vanquickenborne, VP R&D, Lonza Pharma & Biotech. (lonza.com)
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate if the time to first pulmonary exacerbation of bronchiectasis or its frequency can be prolonged by inhalation of ciprofloxacin for 28 days every other 28 days or for 14 days every other 14 days over 48 weeks. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- All powders were highly wrinkled, with median aerodynamic diameters of 2-4 microm, and consequently suitable for pulmonary administration. (qub.ac.uk)
- Therapeutic liposomal powders (i.e., lipospheres and proliposomes) for dry powder inhalation aerosol delivery, formulated with phospholipids similar to endogenous lung surfactant, offer unique opportunities in pulmonary nanomedicine while offering controlled release and enhanced stability. (elsevier.com)
- The study is carried out to evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of AeroVanc inhalation powder in healthy volunteers, and in patients with cystic fibrosis. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- In in vitro studies, FPF increased as both flow rate and inhalation duration increased for the salmeterol/fluticasone Diskus™ (Adjusted R (2) = 0.95) and was proportional to flow rate only for the salbutamol Diskus™ (Adjusted R (2) = 0.71). (tcd.ie)
- Fluticasone propionate is a white powder with a molecular weight of 500.6, and the empirical formula is C 25 H 31 F 3 O 5 S. It is practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide and dimethylformamide, and slightly soluble in methanol and 95% ethanol. (rxlist.com)
- FLUTICASONE (floo TIK a sone) inhalation powder is a corticosteroid. (cvs.com)
- One inhalation (fluticasone 100 mcg/vilanterol 25 mcg or fluticasone 200 mcg/vilanterol 25 mcg) once daily (maximum: 1 inhalation [fluticasone 200 mcg/vilanterol 25 mcg] once daily). (coursehero.com)
- 1 inhalation [fluticasone 100 mcg/vilanterol 25 mcg] once daily) 1 capsule (18 mcg) inhaled once daily using Handihaler device. (coursehero.com)
- The phage titer loss after the SFD and SD processes and in vitro aerosol performance of the produced powders were assessed. (springer.com)
- In vitro aerosol performance showed that the SFD powders (~80% phage recovery) provided better phage protection than the SD powders (~20% phage recovery) during the aerosolization process. (springer.com)
- In the present study we sought to examine the feasibility of producing nanoporous microparticles (NPMPs) of this hydrophilic material by adaptation of a spray drying process previously applied to hydrophobic drugs, and to examine the physicochemical and in vitro deposition properties of the spray dried particles in comparison to a commercial product. (tcd.ie)
- The powders were characterized for physicochemical properties and for their in vitro aerosolization efficiency using a next-generation impactor (NGI). (nih.gov)
- Nowadays, tobramycin dry powder inhalation (DPI) is available as well. (rug.nl)
- The powder from the capsule is inhaled (breathed into the lungs), using the Aerolizer® inhalation device provided with the medicine. (mydr.com.au)
- Besides the numerous advantages of a chemotherapy administered by the inhalation route for lung cancer therapy, dry powder for inhalation (DPI) offers many advantages compared to other techniques and seems to be a technique that is well-adapted to an anticancer treatment. (spandidos-publications.com)
- Rosière R, Gelbcke M, Mathieu V, Van Antwerpen P, Amighi K and Wauthoz N: New dry powders for inhalation containing temozolomide-based nanomicelles for improved lung cancer therapy. (spandidos-publications.com)
- Drug delivery via the lung is becoming an increasingly viable treatment option for a wide range of therapeutic areas, including infectious diseases, genetic disorders and acute systemic conditions that have traditionally been treated via other delivery routes," said Devon DuBose, Head of Inhalation Product Development at Capsugel's Bend, Ore. facility. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- Moreover, based on the mechanisms of powder dispersity, some strategies to improve drug lung deposition were put forward, such as adding carrier fines, adding adhesive -controlling materials and reprocessing micronized drug . (bvsalud.org)
- The drug was spray dried into porous particles containing a high drug load and possessing desirable aerosol properties for efficient deposition in the lungs. (rti.org)
- LIQ861 bulk powder is generated from a treprostinil /excipient matrix from which particles of precise size and shape are created and filled into a hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) capsule (size 3). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- In this study polymeric nanoparticles (NPs) encapsulating PspA4Pro were incorporated into microcarriers using L-leucine and spray dried to produce nanocomposite micro#particles (NCMPs) dry powder for inhalation. (ljmu.ac.uk)
- We realistically simulated the use of cosmetic powders by applying them to the face of a human mannequin head while simultaneously sampling the released airborne particles through the ports installed in the mannequin's nostrils. (thefreelibrary.com)
- This study aimed to develop inhalable dry powder particles of bedaquiline with high aerosolization efficiency to reduce the side-effects of oral bedaquiline. (nih.gov)
- l-leucine containing powder particles were plate-shaped with rough surfaces, but the bedaquiline-only powder was spherical and smooth. (nih.gov)
- Physical characteristics and aerosolization performance of insulin dry powders for inhalation prepared by a spray drying method. (qub.ac.uk)
- Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Physical characteristics and aerosolization performance of insulin dry powders for inhalation prepared by a spray drying method. (qub.ac.uk)
- More frequent administration or a greater number of daily inhalations (more than one inhalation twice daily) is not recommended as some patients are more likely to experience adverse reactions with higher salmeterol dosages. (rxlist.com)
- Dry-powder inhalation (DPI) is a major drug delivery technology for the treatment of respiratory diseases as well as increasingly for systemic drug delivery. (capsugel.com)
- The optimized powder was stable at both storage conditions during one-month storage and non-toxic (up to 50 µg/mL) to the respiratory cell-lines. (nih.gov)
- With inhalation therapy, high drug concentrations are delivered directly to the lungs via nebulizers or MDIs, and systemic adverse effects are avoided or minimized. (merckvetmanual.com)
Capsules for inhalation3
- Foradile capsules for inhalation belong to a group of medicines called bronchodilators. (mydr.com.au)
- Foradile capsules for inhalation contain the active ingredient, formoterol fumarate dihydrate in a capsule form. (mydr.com.au)
- Foradile capsules for inhalation are used for people who need to take medicine every day for their asthma. (mydr.com.au)
-  It has been discovered that dry powder preparations characterised by dose uniformity, reliability and dispersion of medicaments uniformity may be obtained by mixing specified ratios of medicaments to carrier in a specified manner as described herein. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- The dose that can be delivered is typically less than a few tens of milligrams in a single breath since larger powder doses may lead to provocation of cough. (wikipedia.org)
- This conference, which will take place at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Scotland, from 7 December to 9 December 2016, is one of the primary events for the inhalation community. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- 40% systemically absorbed from lungs and GI tract following inhalation. (unboundmedicine.com)
- The present study, therefore, shows that F-PEG-HMD-based dry powders for inhalation could constitute an interesting drug delivery system able to release nanomicelles that are useful in adenocarcinomas that overexpress folate receptors. (spandidos-publications.com)
- In this study we tested the hypothesis that the acoustic parameters of an inhalation are related to the PIFR and hence reflect drug delivery. (tcd.ie)
- CONCLUSION: Acoustically-determined PIFR is a suitable method for estimating drug delivery and for monitoring inhalation technique over time. (tcd.ie)
- Drug therapy via inhalation route is at the cutting edge of modern drug delivery research. (wiley.com)
- Method: Child (CA: 6-17y) and adult (AA:18-45y) patients with asthma (mean FEV 1 57 and 69% pred), COPD (52 % pred) and HA were randomised in an open-label design to receive IC with a S and a T. Two separate inhalations were measured using an inhalation profile recorder. (ersjournals.com)
- Parameters for the preparation of protein-loaded polyester poly (Glycerol Adipate-co-Ï‰-Pentadecalactone), (PGA-co-PDL) NCMPs were optimised using Taguchi design and BSA as a model protein, by the double emulsion solvent evaporation method followed by spray drying. (ljmu.ac.uk)
- The cytotoxicity of the powders on A549 and Calu-3 cell-lines was evaluated using the 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay. (nih.gov)
- Drug powder and emulsions were characterised regarding size and physical stability by photon correlation spectroscopy (PCS), laser diffractometry (LD) and zeta potential measurements. (chemweb.com)
- When challenged with Cat L post-aerosolisation, DOPS-rSLPI dry powder was significantly better at retaining a protective function against Cat L-induced rSLPI inactivation compared to the aqueous DOPS-rSLPI liposome dispersion and was also more stable under storage. (springer.com)
- The powder is dispersed in air within the dispersion chamber. (google.com)
- Both the powder dispersion and throat deposition were increased with air flow. (springer.com)
- A step-by-step guide to successful spray drying process scale-up at Hovione. (hovione.com)
- This work compared the performance of two dry powder formation techniques, spray freeze drying (SFD) and spray drying (SD), in producing inhalable phage powders. (springer.com)
- For proteins and peptides , supercritical fluid technology and spray-drying are more suitable because of their capabilities of keeping drug activity. (bvsalud.org)
- Further research is required to understand the safety of the optimized inhalable powder in animal models. (nih.gov)
- With a diverse portfolio, including HPMC, Dry Powder Inhalation capsules and specialised clinical capsules, Capsule Delivery Solutions is a global leader in capsule development and manufacturing, bringing unmatched products and technical support to its worldwide customer base. (pharmaceutical-business-review.com)
- capturing the aerosol in a chamber suitable for subsequent inhalation by the patient. (google.com.au)
- To prepare and evaluate dry powder inhalation (DPI) of extraction of Trollius chinensis Bunge (TCB). (bvsalud.org)
- Aerosolisation of the DOPS-rSLPI dry powder yielded 38% emitted dose, with 2.44 μm MMAD. (springer.com)
- Overall, the SD method caused less phage reduction during the powder formation process and the resulted powders achieved better aerosol performance for PEV2. (springer.com)
- Comprehensive portfolio of high-quality customized Dry-Powder Inhalation (DPI) capsule solutions based on different polymers provides the marketplace with the broad offering of tailor-made solutions to enable consistent and optimal release performance for inhalation products. (lonza.com)
- These are products that while meeting compendial requirements are especially manufactured for inhalation delivery and meet stringent inhalation specification. (hovione.com)
- OBJECTIVES: We investigated the potential for human contact and inhalation exposure to nanomaterials when using nanotechnology-based cosmetic powders and compare them with analogous products not marketed as nanotechnology based. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Catalent Pharma Solutions leverages decades of experience in the development, evaluation, and manufacture of inhalation products to accelerate and advance molecules and programs from the early phases of development through to commercial manufacturing. (catalent.com)
- The document addresses new marketing authorisation applications (including for generic products) and does not outline expected quality aspects related to changes in existing inhalation and nasal products. (canada.ca)
- However, the general principles described here should also be considered for other inhalation and nasal products. (canada.ca)
- There has been significant progress on the understanding of drug therapy via inhalation products. (wiley.com)
- These applications are compatible with vials, ampoules, cartridges and syringes and can handle toxic or non-toxic products in both liquid and powder form. (europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com)
- These results indicate the use of optimised methods for developing polymeric based NCMPs for vaccine delivery via inhalation against pneumococcal diseases. (ljmu.ac.uk)
- By broadening our inhalation product development capabilities, we are positioned as an industry leader in specialised oral delivery and in bringing innovative therapies to market. (manufacturingchemist.com)
- The challenges involved with the delivery of macromolecules by inhalation to both adult and pediatric patients are also covered. (wiley.com)
- Safety-enhanced devices for the minimally invasive delivery of parenteral medicines, inhalation therapies, and IV and dialysis solutions will lead growth. (freedoniagroup.com)
- This mode of delivery is indicated when the drug can be converted into an aerosol form for inhalation. (medscape.com)
- In the thesis, dry powder inhalation is presented as an alternative and current developments and strategies for inhaled dry powder antibiotics in tuberculosis therapy are critically evaluated in relation to the technological challenges, safety and practical needs. (rug.nl)
- Bedaquiline powders were effective against Mycobacterium tuberculosis and had a minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) value of 0.1 µg/mL. (nih.gov)