Encyclopedias as Topic
Life Support Systems
Systems that provide all or most of the items necessary for maintaining life and health. Provisions are made for the supplying of oxygen, food, water, temperature and pressure control, disposition of carbon dioxide and body waste. The milieu may be a spacecraft, a submarine, or the surface of the moon. In medical care, usually under hospital conditions, LIFE SUPPORT CARE is available. (From Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary)
Informal grouping. In the 13th century, worms were recognized in Europe as part of the category of reptiles that consisted of a ... The process was begun in 1793 by Lamarck, who called the Vermes une espèce de chaos (a sort of chaos)[a] and split the group ... In taxonomy, "worm" refers to an obsolete grouping, Vermes, used by Carl Linnaeus and Jean-Baptiste Lamarck for all non- ... The second group contains the threadworms, roundworms, and hookworms. This phylum is called Nematoda. Threadworms may be ...
Science Museum Group. "Science Museum Group Plan 2016/17" (PDF). Retrieved 2 May 2017. Ahlstrom, Dick (8 December 2015). " ... "STEM Justice: Building Youth Science Capital". Informal Science. Retrieved 2 May 2017.. ... Instead, science capital is a way to think about grouping different kinds of science-related social and cultural capital, ... the Science Museum Group uses science capital as a concept to inform their strategy and work across all their partner ...
World Confederation of Labour
"Informal Economy". Conféderation Mondiale du Travail/World Confederation of Labour Archived 2007-08-20 at the Wayback Machine. ... The first statutes adopted by the group proclaimed its intention to struggle not only for workers' labour rights, but also ... Workers in a society's informal economy - 60 to 90% of the active work population of Africa, according to the ILO - function ... "WCL relations with IMF and World Bank Group: Evaluation and Recommendations". Online in PDF format Archived 2007-09-28 at the ...
There's also another group that is constituted by former housekeeping and cleaning workers. The predominant group of SWaCH ... and welfare states decreased the poor's reliance on informal recycling. Beginning in the mid-1990s, however, informal recycling ... Among the workers, in most age groups, women constitute a bigger group than men, with a total of 78%. However, men are the ... "An Indian Group Is Making E-Waste Picking a Dignified & 'Green' Job. It Just Won a UN Award Too". 2 January 2016. "What We Do ...
Sports in Pittsburgh
The Pittsburgh Harlequins Rugby Club was founded in 1973 by a group of University of Pittsburgh law students. The organization ... William Benswanger (March-June 1947). "Professional Baseball in Pittsburgh" (PDF). An Informal Game. Western Pennsylvania ... Lenexa, Kansas: Addax Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1-886110-40-3. McCollister, John (2008). The good, the bad, and the ugly ... Lenexa, Kansas: Addax Publishing Group. p. 21. ISBN 1-886110-40-9. "Pittsburgh Pirates History & Encyclopedia". Baseball- ...
Forbes, Andrew (2010). "The Fortifications of Chiang Mai and the Enigma of the Finlayson Map". Informal Northern Thai Group. ...
... to informal work-groups. Mayo named his model the Hawthorne effect. His model has been judged[by whom?] as placing undue ... The second group of needs is relatedness- the desire we have to maintain important personal relationships. These social and ... The existence group is concerned with providing our basic material existence requirements. They include the items that Maslow ... They wish to succeed as a united group rather than just themselves. In order to be knowledgeable contributors, children must be ...
Informal Alliance: The Bilderberg Group and Transatlantic Relations during the Cold War, 1952-1968. Routledge Studies in Modern ... Marchling, "The Sixtus Affair" (1973) Gijswijt, Thomas W. (2018). "Chapter 1 Informal Politician". ...
Gijswijt, Thomas W. (2018). "Józef Retinger - Informal diplomat". Informal Alliance: The Bilderberg Group and Transatlantic ... ISBN 978-1-90557075-1. Gijswijt, Thomas W. (2018). Informal Alliance: The Bilderberg Group and Transatlantic Relations during ... The original group which met in the eponymous Dutch hotel in 1954 was gathered by Retinger and included David Rockefeller, ... ACUE's funding came from the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations as well as business groups with close ties to the US government. ...
As of 2019, there were 12,828 formal schools and 11,353 informal schools. In 2019, the formal schools had a total strength of ... Students in schools run by Vidya Bharati come from all religious groups. For instance, in Uttar Pradesh, more than 12,000 ... "Informal Education Units (11,353) , Vidya Bharti Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Sansthan". vidyabharti.net. Retrieved 16 November 2020 ... Malik, Yogendra K.; Singh, V. B. (1994). "Organization, Decision-Making, and Supportive Groups". Hindu Nationalists in India : ...
Business ethics implementation can be categorized into two groups; formal and informal measures. Formal measures include ... Informal measures are led by example from either the manager or the social norm of the company. There are several steps to ... Belak, Jernej (2011). "Informal and Formal Institutional Measures of Business Ethics Implementation at Different Stages of ... For more information about organization theory, refer to "Organizational Theory." Whether it is a team, small group, or a large ...
Festinger, L., Schachter, S., & Back, K. (1950). Social Pressures in Informal Groups: A Study of Human Factors in Housing. ... Festinger, L., Schachter, S., & Back, K. (1950). Social Pressures in Informal Groups: A Study of Human Factors in Housing. ... The team observed the group firsthand for months before and after the predicted apocalypse. Many of the group members quit ... 7. Any factors which increase the importance of some particular group as a comparison group for some particular opinion or ...
He is a member of the Special Interest Group on Computers, Information and Society (SIGCIS) of the Society for the History of ... Randell, Brian (22 July 2007). "Informal Pages". School of Computing. University of Newcastle. Retrieved 18 August 2020. ... Jeuring, Johan; Meertens, Lambert; Guttmann, Walter (17 August 2016). "Profile of IFIP Working Group 2.1". Foswiki. Retrieved 6 ... IFIP Working Group 2.1 (WG2.1) on Algorithmic Languages and Calculi, which specified, maintains, and supports the programming ...
Her highly cited work on group formation and networks focuses on how the interplay of personal incentives and group or network ... "Informal insurance in social networks." Journal of Economic Theory 143.1 (2008): 36-58. Sahn, David E., Stephen D. Younger, and ... "Group formation in risk-sharing arrangements." The Review of Economic Studies 70.1 (2003): 87-113. Bloch, Francis, Garance ... She is a member of the Core Group at Theoretical Research in Development Economics (ThReD), a Research Associate at the ...
The sus informal accounts used in the Caribbean and among West Indian immigrants to the United States are similar. In the Akan ... susu groups/ROSCAs (Rotating Savings and Credit Associations), and friends and relatives. Susu collectors are represented by an ... For a small fee they provide an informal means for Ghanaians to securely save and access their own money, and gain some limited ... "Ghana - Informal Financial Services for Rural Women in the Northern Region". IFAD. Retrieved 2007-06-22. "Minisaving - Daily ...
Theories of group processes. Wiley series on individuals, groups, and organizations. London; New York: Wiley. pp. 33-58. ISBN ... Smith, Mark K. "Reflective practice". The encyclopedia of informal education. Retrieved 10 March 2015.. ... The encyclopedia of informal education. Retrieved 29 November 2010. Argyris, Chris; Schön, Donald A. (1996) . ...
"Kurt Lewin, groups, experiential learning and action research". The Encyclopedia of Informal Education. Retrieved 16 August ... In addition to group discussions, he became increasingly interested in group membership. He was curious as to how perspectives ... In a 1947 article, Lewin coined the term "group dynamics". He described this notion as the way that groups and individuals act ... The most notable[according to whom?] of Lewin's contributions was his development of group communication and group dynamics as ...
Sycidium informal group F. copiosa). Nuytsia 16(2): 269-284. 2. Wilde et al. (2020). First example of hybridisation between two ...
... highly interactive teaching groups and meditation retreats; the notion of the individual practice path; an informal student- ... Examples: practice groups, study groups, group or individual retreats, practice consultations, workshops, classes. Another ... The teacher-student relationship is informal and one-on-one Students relate to the teacher as a person. The teacher's function ... one-on-one consultations and upon small teaching groups that have a high degree of teacher-student interaction, and (2) for his ...
Social Pressures in Informal Groups. New York: Harpers. Schachter, S (1956) With L. Festinger and H. Riecken. When Prophecy ... Social Pressures in Informal Groups , Theory and Experiment in Social Communication , When Prophecy Fails  - ... match the opinions of the group, and significance of other group members. Schachter recognized the importance of communication ... While both groups consumed less of the bad-tasting food than they did the good-tasting food, the obese individuals had a higher ...
104-119). Festinger, L., Schachter, S., & Bach, K. (1950). "Social pressures in informal groups". New York: Harper. Ebbesen, E ... There are two main reasons why people form groups with others nearby rather than people further away. First, human beings like ... Also, proximity promotes interaction between individuals and groups, which ends up leading to liking and disliking between the ... Moreland, R. L. (1987). The formation of small groups. Review of Personality and Social Psychology, 8, 80-110. Sacerdote, B.; ...
Josephine Macalister Brew
Youth and Youth Groups (1957) 'Group Work with Adolescents' in Social Group Work in Great Britain, ed. Peter Kuenstler (1954) " ... A 'pioneer of social groupwork as a vehicle for social education,' her 1946 work Informal Education was the 'first text to ... In her preface to Informal Education, published in 1946, Brew wrote: Perhaps nothing will matter more in the next fifty years ... Clubs and Club Making (1943) In the Service of Youth, a practical manual of work among adolescents (1944) Informal Education; ...
Madhesh Rashtriya Jantantrik Party
"Informal talks with Tarai groups". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 2 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link). ... led by Rajeev Jha was an underground Terai group formed by uniting five distinct armed groups. In 2007 MRJP burned one person ... "Nepalese armed groups now opting for peace". Archived from the original on November 14, 2012. Retrieved 2019-11-27. CS1 maint: ... to death and injured five others when the group set a bus on fire in Saptari District. In 2008 MRJP opted for peace and started ...
Charles H. Lindsey
He was an editor of the Revised Report on Algol 68, and co-wrote a ground breaking book on the language An Informal ... ISBN 0-7204-0726-5. Jeuring, Johan; Meertens, Lambert; Guttmann, Walter (17 August 2016). "Profile of IFIP Working Group 2.1". ... ISBN 978-0-387-96440-9. Lindsey, Charles H.; van der Meulen, S. G. (1977). An Informal Introduction to Algol 68. Amsterdam; ... IFIP Working Group 2.1 on Algorithmic Languages and Calculi, which specified, maintains, and supports the programming languages ...
... made friends with Indian student groups as well as non-Indian groups such as the Sinn Féin. He was a part of the underground ... 77 (context: Chapter 4). ISBN 978-1-85973-343-1. Sen, Amiya P. (22 May 2014). Discourses, Public Addresses, and Informal Talks ... Village level groups met for morning and evening physical training sessions, martial training and Hindutva ideology lessons. ... Using a language of nationalism, one group tries to maintain the status quo, while the other seeks to overthrow it. In British ...
List of geological features on Pluto
"Informal Names for Features on Pluto". Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Retrieved 8 April 2020. "Naming of Astronomical Objects". IAU ... "Gazetteer of Planetary Nomenclature". International Astronomical Union (IAU) Working Group for Planetary System Nomenclature ( ... but many of the names listed on this page are still informal. The IAU has determined that names will be chosen from the ...
... is an informal working group. It has no formal structure and no decision-making power. Meetings are held as required. ... FINE was created in 1998 and is an informal association of the four main fair trade networks: F Fairtrade Labelling ...
Sen, Amiya P. (22 May 2014). Discourses, Public Addresses, and Informal Talks. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/acprof:oso/ ... Majority Groups and Dominant Minorities. London: Routledge. doi:10.4324/9780203563397. ISBN 9780203563397. Majumdar, Karunamaya ...
Rosa × damascena
The relatively small flowers grow in groups. The bush has an informal shape. It is considered an important type of Old Rose, ...
Informal sub-hierarchy conventions also exist. *.answers are typically moderated cross-post groups for FAQs. An FAQ would be ... Google Groups is one such web based front end and some web browsers can access Google Groups via news: protocol links directly ... "Google Groups". Archived from the original on May 25, 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2010. "News: links to Google Groups". ... answers group at the head of the hierarchy seen by some as a refining of information in that news group. Some subgroups are ...
These organizations are formed upon different political groups. These different groups allow different groups of people with ... which protects the rights of Indian women working in the informal economy. In addition to the protection of rights, SEWA ... Additionally, in the past, there was a group known as the Conservative Trade Unionists, or CTU, formed of people who ... They encountered a large hostility in their early existence from employers and government groups; at the time, unions and ...
One of the goals of magnet schools is to eliminate, reduce, and prevent minority group isolation while providing the students ...
... repeatedly stated or implied that Cambodians were an intrinsically superior group to other ethnic or national groups ... informal adoptions by wealthier relatives were then common in Cambodia. In Phnom Penh, he spent 18 months as a novice monk ... News of the group was censored from the press and it is unlikely Sâr was aware of it. ... Various Marxist-Leninist groups endorsed Pol Pot's government while it was in power. The small Canadian Communist League ( ...
Minahan, James (2000). One Europe, many nations: a historical dictionary of European national groups. Westport, Conn.: ... There are two different ways of addressing people: one is the most usual informal pronoun "ti" for the second person singular ... It was created by a group of students: Fermín Bouza Brey, Xosé Filgueira Valverde, Lois Tobío Fernández, with the collaboration ... Modern Galician is part of the West Iberian languages group, a family of Romance languages that includes the Portuguese ...
List of political parties in China
Central Leading Group on Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Leader: Han Zheng. *HK & Macau Affairs Office Director: Zhang Xiaoming. ... was founded by Chen Duxiu and Li Dazhao in Shanghai as a study society and an informal network. Slowly, the CPC began to grow. ... Central Leading Group for Taiwan Affairs Leader: Xi Jinping. Deputy Leader: Wang Yang. *Taiwan Affairs Office Director: Zhang ... Central Leading Group for Inspection Work Leader: Zhao Leji. *Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Central Military ...
Bengal famine of 1943
New York: Penguin Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1-101-56131-7.. *. Ghosh, Kali Charan (1944). Famines in Bengal, 1770-1943. ... Typically, land-grabbing was accomplished by manipulating the informal credit market. Many formal credit market entities had ... This fall into lower income groups happened across a number of occupations. In absolute numbers, the hardest hit by post-famine ... Rural labourers and any civilians who were not members of these groups received severely reduced access to food and medical ...
Occupational health psychology
In 2000 the informal International Coordinating Group for Occupational Health Psychology (ICGOHP) was founded for the purpose ... Qualitative research methods include interviews, focus groups, and self-reported, written descriptions of stressful ... New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group. *^ Kainan, A. (1994). Staffroom grumblings as expressed teachers' vocation. ... R. (2008) Validity and reliability of the job content questionnaire in formal and informal jobs in Brazil. Scandinavian Journal ...
... s are a widely distributed and diverse group of fully aquatic placental marine mammals. They are an informal grouping ... Whales are not a taxon, they are an informal grouping of the infraorder Cetacea. ... "Mysticetes hunt in groups". Defenders of Wildlife. Retrieved July 24, 2015.. *. Marrero, Meghan E.; Thornton, Stuart (1 ... O'Connell, M.; Berrow, S. (2015). "Records from the Irish Whales and Dolphin Group for 2013". Irish Naturalists' Journal. 34 (2 ...
Leon M. Lederman
In 1977, a group of physicists, the E288 experiment team, led by Lederman announced that a particle with a mass of about 6.0 ... Science and Engineering Festival's Lunch with a Laureate program where middle and high school students engaged in an informal ... and was a member of the JASON defense advisory group. Lederman was also one of the main proponents of the "Physics First" ... They delayed publication of their results until after Wu's group was ready, and the two papers appeared back to back in the ...
Some groups are modelled on twelve-step programs, while others are quite informal. Some groups advocate certain prepared foods ... Weight loss groups. Some weight loss groups aim to make money, others work as charities. The former include Weight ... However, the Cochrane Collaboration grouped low glycemic index and low glycemic load diets together and did not try to separate ... The latter include Overeaters Anonymous and groups run by local organizations. These organizations' customs and practices ...
World Health Assembly
World Health Organization, Informal consultation with Member States and UN Agencies on a proposed set of indicators for the ... a group of 25 individuals that includes the President and subcommittee chairs, and a number of delegates elected by the ...
He had expected to take up a position at The Herald and Weekly Times, Keith Murdoch's newspaper group. However, he arrived in ... Trengove, Alan (1969). John Grey Gorton: An Informal Biography. Cassell.. External linksEdit. Wikimedia Commons has media ...
Field Museum of Natural History
The Field Museum offers opportunities for informal and more structured public learning. Exhibitions remain the primary means of ... Field Museum contributes its digitized collection data to a variety of online groups and platforms, such as: HerpNet, VertNet ... informal education, but throughout its history the Museum has supplemented this approach with innovative educational programs. ...
Dialect Group 1924 1950 1974 1989 Predominant group in province/city Cantonese 35.0% 45.0% 60.0% 56.5% Ho Chi Minh City, Đồng ... Due to the lack of a Vietnamese commercial banking sector, the Hoa created an informal credit system for the Hoa business ... Each of these Hoa sub-groups tends to congregate in different towns and one dialect group may predominate over the others. ... a sinicised Vietnamese group and a Vietnamised Chinese group. The latter gradually came to identify with the interests of the ...
Richard Oswald (merchant)
In 1782, Oswald was selected by Lord Shelburne to open informal negotiations with the Americans, to be held in Paris. Because ... The central figure in the Granby-Rutland family group was Thomas Thoroton who had married an illegitimate daughter of the Duke ... he demonstrated an ability to bring together groups acceptable to the King. Those he put forward for Nova Scotia included: a ...
"Euthenasia group raided over suicide". The Australian. 12 November 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2009.. ... This put him in a position of an informal spokesperson for the proposed legislation. After the Rights of the Terminally Ill ... "WA Police search homes of Exit International group members for euthanasia drug Nembutal". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. ... This coincided with another action by New Zealand police in which 76-year old Patsy McGrath, a member of Nitschke's Exit group ...
Many culture groups, past and present, did not or do not gender names strongly, so that many or all of their names are unisex. ... In informal situations, given names are often used in a familiar and friendly manner. In more formal situations, a person's ... Kayleigh became a particularly popular name in the United Kingdom following the release of a song by the British rock group ... Most common given names in English (and many other European languages) can be grouped into broad categories based on their ...
Figure of speech
epistrophe: (also known as antistrophe) Repetition of the same word or group of words at the end of successive clauses. The ... enthymeme: An informal syllogism. *epanalepsis: Ending sentences with their beginning.. *epanodos: Word repetition. ... symploce: Simultaneous use of anaphora and epistrophe: the repetition of the same word or group of words at the beginning and ... antistrophe: Repetition of the same word or group of words in a paragraph in the end of sentences. ...
Embassy of the United States, Berlin
The U.S. Department of State refers to the group of related offices as "Mission Germany". In 2019, their annual budget was $153 ... functions as an informal US diplomatic mission. ... Kennan were part of this interned group). The Swiss, as a ... but were from other countries-a group sometimes still called TCNs (third country nationals). This was so because it was ...
For the Mauritian ethnic group, see Mauritian Creoles.. Mauritian Creole or Morisien or formerly Morisyen (Mauritian Creole: ... but Mauritian Creole's popularity in most informal domains has persisted, with around 85% of the population speaking the ... the group "Ledikasyon pu travayer," and Arnaud Carpooran (2005, 2009, 2011), among others. The number of publications is ... and Malagasy enslaved labourers whose linguistic backgrounds were so varied and diverse that no native language or even group ...
The people buried in this cemetery were assumed to be slaves and members of the underclass based on the informal nature of the ... and/or indicative of different work patterns and activities among different groups within society. A study of iron-deficiency ...
Physiocrats, a group of 18th-century French thinkers and writers, developed the idea of the economy as a circular flow of ... Joskow had a strong feeling that the important work in oligopoly was done through informal observations while formal models ... Both groups were associated with the rise of economic nationalism and modern capitalism in Europe. Mercantilism was an economic ... Among each of these production systems, there may be a corresponding division of labour with different work groups specializing ...
Politics of Japan
includes 3 members of the Hiranuma Group; 2 independents joined the DPJ parliamentary group immediately after the election ... After a largely informal process within elite circles in which ideas were discussed and developed, steps might be taken to ... independent member of the DPJ parliamentary group, not a member of New Party Nippon by the time he took his seat as replacement ... includes one OSMP member (not up), and one independent member of the SDP parliamentary group (seat lost in this election) ...
Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 26. ISBN 978-0-313-32487-1. Ironically, it was the British who introduced tea drinking to India ... an informal social gathering that cuts across social and economic lines, starting in front of family compound gates in the ... A food safety management group of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published a standard for ... The few exceptions of words for tea that do not fall into the three broad groups of te, cha and chai are mostly from the minor ...
Municipalities of Sweden
The process started in January 1964, when all municipalities were grouped in 282 kommunblock("municipal blocks"). The co- ...
List of types of killing
Genocide - the systematic extermination of an entire national, racial, religious, or ethnic group. Homicide - the act of ... Chronocide - the killing of time (informal) Famacide - the killing of another's reputation, a slander. Liberticide - the ...
But it was "The" Spacemen and I hated that, it sounded like a 50s rock 'n' roll group - that's all very well, but we didn't ... Initially it was informal, but this was the origin of Pierce's Spacemen 3 'splinter' band, Spiritualized, comprising all the ... In February 1990, this new grouping recorded "Anyway That You Want Me". This was recorded at VHF Studios; the purpose of these ... Recording live as a group, with minimal overdubs, they managed to get demos for approximately seven songs. Kember and Pierce ...
The largest non-Han group in China, the Zhuang, have for over 1300 years used Chinese characters. Despite both the introduction ... The variation in vocabulary among dialects has also led to the informal use of "dialectal characters", as well as standard ...
Geologic time scale
Basin Groups (Paleohadean) (unofficial)[i][m]. End of the Early Bombardment Phase. Oldest known mineral (Zircon, 4,404 ± 8 Ma ... the Tertiary having been demoted to informal status. ... These eras include the Cryptic and Basin Groups (which are ... "Working Group on the 'Anthropocene'". Subcommission on Quaternary Stratigraphy. International Commission on Stratigraphy.. ... The ICS has not officially approved the term as of September 2015[update]. The Anthropocene Working Group met in Oslo in ...
Companies, NGOs, political parties, informal groups, and individuals are known as non-State actors. Non-State actors can also ... Many groups and movements have managed to achieve profound social changes over the course of the 20th century in the name of ... rights of individuals in relation to each other and to groups; spiritual, public and political rights; and economic, social and ...
Informal group - Wikipedia
Informal group (taxonomy) - Wikipedia
An informal group in taxonomy is a taxonomic rank that is not well defined. This type of group can be paraphyletic or ... and Ptenoglossa are informal groups nearby the level of the order. In human taxonomy, the informal taxonomic rank of race is ... An alliance is also considered an informal grouping of species, genera or tribes to which authors wish to refer, that have at ... A taxonomic revision of Hebe informal group "Connatae" (Plantaginaceae∗), based on morphology and flavonoid chemistry. Alison V ...
WHO IRIS: Puncture, Aspiration, Injection, Re-aspiration : an option for the treatment of cystic echinococcosis / WHO Informal...
The Role of Informal Groups in Organisational Knowledge Work: Understanding an Emerging Community of Practice: Library &...
Research has focused on formal and informal groups playing a significant role in organisational knowledge sharing. The concept ... The Role of Informal Groups in Organisational Knowledge Work: Understanding an Emerging Community of Practice: 10.4018/jkm. ... "The Role of Informal Groups in Organisational Knowledge Work: Understanding an Emerging Community of Practice." IJKM vol.2, no. ... "The Role of Informal Groups in Organisational Knowledge Work: Understanding an Emerging Community of Practice," International ...
ERIC - An Analysis of Fourth and Sixth Grade Reader Performance Using Cloze Tests, Group Reading Inventories, an Informal...
... which compared results from an informal reading inventory (IRI), a standardized achievement test, a group reading inventory ( ... Pupil performance was compared in social studies and in science for the group reading inventory and the cloze test. ... A group of 624 fourth and sixth grade students from 13 schools participated in the study, ... An Analysis of Fourth and Sixth Grade Reader Performance Using Cloze Tests, Group Reading Inventories, an Informal Reading ...
Informal Employment Curbs Trade Benefits
NGO Working Group on UN-NGO Relations. Security Council. Nations & States What Is a State? ... It focuses on the linkages between globalization and informal employment and finds that informal employment is widespread in ... The analyses on the effect of trade opening on the size of the informal economy suggest that the effect of trade opening on ... Informal employment involves private, unregistered enterprises which are not subject to national law or regulation, offer no ...
Worm - Wikipedia
Informal grouping. In the 13th century, worms were recognized in Europe as part of the category of reptiles that consisted of a ... The process was begun in 1793 by Lamarck, who called the Vermes une espèce de chaos (a sort of chaos)[a] and split the group ... In taxonomy, "worm" refers to an obsolete grouping, Vermes, used by Carl Linnaeus and Jean-Baptiste Lamarck for all non- ... The second group contains the threadworms, roundworms, and hookworms. This phylum is called Nematoda. Threadworms may be ...
Ministry supports informal saving groupsPhnom Penh Post
... to support the growth of NGO-backed community saving groups in a move to help members of these currently unregulated groups ... Ministry supports informal saving groups Hor Kimsay. , Publication date 27 September 2017 , 08:05 ICT ... with 11 NGOs that facilitate access to these groups. In total, the 11 NGOs have created 12,475 community saving groups with ... While there is no official data on the number of active community saving groups across the country due to the fact that they ...
Characteristics and Health Status of Informal Unpaid Caregivers - 44 States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, 2015-2017 ...
Informal, unpaid caregivers provide important support to family members, friends, and the health care system and might ... Informal, unpaid caregivers provide important support to family members, friends, and the health care system and might ... Age group (yrs). Education level. Employment status. Marital status. Women. White. Black. Hispanic. Other. ,45. 45-64. ≥65. ... The effect of informal care on work and wages. J Health Econ 2013;32:240-52. CrossRefexternal icon PubMedexternal icon ...
Recovery Agency and Informal Recovery Pathways from Gambling Problems | SpringerLink
... informal recovery from gambling problems. Two research objectives framed the parameters of... ... Participants primarily used informal recovery strategies, rather than professional services or support groups. The impetus for ... 2008). Informal recovery is achieved through the committed and intensive use of personal and social resources and strategies; ... Their belief in their personal agency and pride in progressing the recovery process was one of the reasons this group also ...
Twenty-third session of the Working Group on Environmental Monitoring and Assessment | UNECE
Informal documents. 10571 _ Provisional timetable for the 23rd session of WGEMA _ 355575 _ English _ 773 _ 325173 _ pdf ... 6702 _ ECE/CEP/AC.10/2021/4 - Decision approving the extension of the mandate and terms of reference of the Working Group on ... 6702 _ ECE/CEP/AC.10/2021/4 - Decision approving the extension of the mandate and terms of reference of the Working Group on ... 6702 _ ECE/CEP/AC.10/2021/4 - Decision approving the extension of the mandate and terms of reference of the Working Group on ...
Calling and informal education | infed.org
Group life is also important for informal educators. The commitment to community does not end with those we work with, rather ... Vocation and calling hold some hope for informal educators. They honour the ethical base for practice, individual and group ... Informal educators are committed to doing a job. Essentially what informal educators do is act so that people may learn. To ... The core processes of social pedagogy and informal education.. new: Haltung, pedagogy and informal education. new: Youth sports ...
Advancing Informal STEM Learning (AISL) (nsf17573) | NSF - National Science Foundation
... in projects that support understanding issues of access to informal STEM learning opportunities for individuals/groups from ... Center for Advancement of informal Science Education. (2011). Principal investigators Guide: Managing Evaluation in informal ... Advancing Informal STEM Learning (AISL). Program Solicitation NSF 17-573. Replaces Document(s):. NSF 15-593. National Science ... and dissemination of findings about collaborations in informal settings and/or in R&D related to learning in informal settings ...
An In-home Respite Care Program to Support Informal Caregivers of People With Dementia - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
For the intervention group this will be in the week preceding the respite period. For the control group this will take place ... The control group receives usual care (standard dementia care).. Participants of the in-home respite intervention group will be ... and will be compared to a control group that doesnt receive Baluchonnage. Comparison between the groups will be done by ... An In-home Respite Care Program to Support Informal Caregivers of People With Dementia. The safety and scientific validity of ...
Ethnic Groups | ASPE
Browsing by Co-Author "Informal Meeting of the Pacific Food Safety and Quality Legislation Expert Group (2009 : Wellington,...
Browsing by Co-Author "Meeting of the Informal Working Group to Discuss the Implementation of the Pacific Islands Action Plan...
Parents | ASPE
Movement roles project/Groups - Meta
Informal and Community groups. These include informal associations that coordinate work among chapters and projects, ... Internal groups refers to groups from within the Wikimedia community, external groups might be complete or partial outside ... Formal groups. These groups are incorporated and oversee projects in a certain part of the world, or are officially ... informal. This particular sub-group would account for official entities recognized by the foundation while the unofficial ...
Brief Exercise Bonds issued at a Premium (Effective | bartleby
Search capacity4dev.eu | capacity4dev.eu
Group: Informal Economy Support Facility. Raoof Ali, Samia, 2013, Empowering Vulnerable Groups through Education, Employment ... Empowering Vulnerable Groups through Education, Employment and Training (EET) - Final Evaluation ILO 2013. ... Raoof Ali, Samia, 2013, Empowering Vulnerable Groups through Education, Employment and Training (EET) - Final Evaluation, ...
Impacts of Informal Caregiving on Caregiver Employment, Health, and Family | SpringerLink
To shed light on the implications of informal... ... the demand for informal caregiving is becoming an ever more ... Luxembourg: EU Expert Group on Gender and Employment.Google Scholar. *. Bittman, M., Hill, T., & Thomas, C. (2007). The impact ... Leigh, A. (2010). Informal care and labor market participation. Labour Economics, 17(1), 140-149.CrossRefGoogle Scholar ... Ciani, E. (2012). Informal adult care and caregivers employment in Europe. Labour Economics, 19(2), 155-194.CrossRefGoogle ...
Determinants of low birth weight in the context of maternal nutrition education in urban informal settlements, Kenya | Journal...
Determinants of low birth weight in the context of maternal nutrition education in urban informal settlements, Kenya - Volume ... A higher prevalence of low birth weight was observed in the control group (6.7%) than in the intervention group (2.5%; P,0.001 ... The intervention group received monthly antenatal and nutritional counselling from trained community health volunteers; ... Effect of participatory womens groups and counselling through home visits on childrens linear growth in rural eastern India ( ...
Staff Profile - Faculty of Medical Sciences - Newcastle University
Chair Of Northern Region Diabetes Service Advisory Group. Chair of Northern Region Diabetes Audit Group. Chair of First ... Informal Interests. Windsurfing, Skiing down hill and x country, running Half and Full Marathons ... Newcastle University , Faculty of Medical Sciences , Research , Research Groups. Top Staff Profile. Dr Jolanta Weaver. Senior ... Endothelial Progenitor Cell Group is carying out cardiovascular investigations between of Institute of Cellular Medicine, North ...
Constructive Feedback Worksheet - 1406 Words | Bartleby
Assessment Criteria For Informal Pre-Assessment And Formal Post Assessment. 1008 Words , 5 Pages. Students are also given ... These assessment activities are the most commonly found within my level 1 group. Worksheets within my area are a very versatile ... Assessment Criteria For Informal Pre-Assessment And Formal Post Assessment. 1008 Words , 5 Pages ... Critical Thinking Strategy : Learning Through Group Activities. 941 Words , 4 Pages. *. Unit 302 - Principles of personal ...
Informal Care and Employment in England: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
For the same group, a significantly smaller link from employment to care provision is found. A micro-simulation exercise using ... We find evidence of a causal link from informal care to employment with employment rates reduced by up to 6 percentage points. ... There is little evidence on the mechanism that links informal care provision and labour market outcomes. This paper provides ... of the respondents in the British Household Panel Survey provide informal care at least for one year within the period 1991- ...
All Categories - British Pathé
Sensitivity training group - definition of sensitivity training group by The Free Dictionary
sensitivity training group synonyms, sensitivity training group pronunciation, sensitivity training group translation, English ... n. 1. An assemblage of persons or objects gathered or located together; an aggregation: a group of dinner guests; a group of ... Informal: get-together.. 3. A group of people sharing an interest, activity, or achievement:. circle, crowd, set. ... group photo N → foto f de conjunto. group practice N (Med) → consultorio m (de médicos). group sex N → sexo m en grupo. group ...
CaregiversTaxonomy2017Formal and informalCysticLearning in informal environmentsAssessmentGeneraSouth AfricaWorking GroupConsultationsSettlementsParticipantsFungiHonourPrevalenceClassificationOrganizationsSpeciesReformsIntervention groupImplementationStemWidespreadWomen's groupsRefersProcessesCollectiveTendEngageSupportersPracticeMechanismWorkApproachesVulnerable GroupsCareBelongRelySupportCladeDiscussionComparative PerspectiveConsultationEducationProvidePhylumResearchRehearsalMembersAging populationFacilitate accessMeetingsResultsInstanceScopeSustainablePublicActivitiesSmallOrganizationInternal
- The module begins with a screening need for informal caregivers will likely increase. (cdc.gov)
- Informal, unpaid caregivers provide important support to family members, friends, and the health care system and might compromise their own health to provide this support. (cdc.gov)
- In 2015, an estimated 17.7 million U.S. persons were informal caregivers who provided substantial services through in-home, unpaid assistance to their family members and friends ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- As the U.S. population continues to age ( 3 ), the need for informal caregivers will likely increase. (cdc.gov)
- This study examined demographic characteristics and health status of informal caregivers from 44 states,* the District of Columbia (DC), and Puerto Rico, based on data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) collected during 2015-2017. (cdc.gov)
- Additionally, willingness to pay for 'Baluchonnage' per day will be asked to the informal caregivers. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- To shed light on the implications of informal caregiving, this paper reviews current research on its impact on three areas of caregivers' lives: employment, health, and family. (springer.com)
- Informal group may refer to: informal group (taxonomy) informal group (society) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Informal group. (wikipedia.org)
- An informal group in taxonomy is a taxonomic rank that is not well defined. (wikipedia.org)
- In human taxonomy, the informal taxonomic rank of race is variously considered equivalent or subordinate to the rank of subspecies. (wikipedia.org)
- In taxonomy, "worm" refers to an obsolete grouping, Vermes , used by Carl Linnaeus and Jean-Baptiste Lamarck for all non- arthropod invertebrate animals , now seen to be polyphyletic . (wikipedia.org)
- Retrieved 5 December 2017 from http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/infantfeeding/9241562218/en/ . (cambridge.org)
Formal and informal5
- Instead, scientists use a wide array of methods to investigate and describe phenomena and develop hypotheses, models, and formal and informal theories. (nap.edu)
- Choate has launched formal and informal minority mentoring programs. (bizjournals.com)
- To examine the determinants of formal and informal care utilisation amongst persons with age-related macular degeneration (AMD). (bmj.com)
- The percentage of older persons receiving formal and informal care rose with the level of visual impairment. (bmj.com)
- 34.9% and 37.3% of those with no visual impairment received formal and informal care, respectively, compared with 51.6% and 69.9% of those with moderate visual impairment and 55.6% and 88.9% of those with severe visual impairment. (bmj.com)
- WHO HQ Library catalog › Details for: Report of the WHO informal working group on cystic and alveolar echninococcosis surveillance, prevention and control, with the participation of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Organisation for Animal Health, 22-23 June 2011, Department of Control of Neglected Tropical Diseases, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland. (who.int)
Learning in informal environments1
- A first step in understanding how to promote science learning in informal environments is to develop a full picture of what it means to do and learn science. (nap.edu)
- An alliance is also considered an informal grouping of species, genera or tribes to which authors wish to refer, that have at some time provisionally been considered to be closely related. (wikipedia.org)
- These and other studies demonstrated that a broad concept of Agaricales (Singer 1986), including boletes, some polypores, and the genera Russula , Lactarius and their allies, does not form a monophyletic group. (tolweb.org)
- Basera TJ, Takuva S, Muloongo K, Tshuma N, Nyasulu PS (2016) Prevalence and Risk Factors for Self-reported Sexually Transmitted Infections among Adults in the Diepsloot Informal Settlement, Johannesburg, South Africa. (omicsonline.org)
- Objective: To determine the prevalence of self-reported sexually transmitted infections and associated risk factors among adults in Diepsloot informal settlement, Johannesburg, South Africa. (omicsonline.org)
- The 23rd session of the Working Group will take place on 4 and 5 May 2021 -- note the new dates! (unece.org)
- WHO Informal Working Group on Echinococcosis. (medscape.com)
- WHO Informal Working Group on Echinococcosis standardized ultrasound classification of echinococcal cysts. (medscape.com)
- During the latter consultation, preparations for the Commission's in-session Open-ended Working Group on the Elaboration of a Draft Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women were also reviewed. (un.org)
- From support group meetings, one-on-one consultations, and/or self-management classes, we have the program that is right for you. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- It convened informal consultations in preparation for the forty-third session of the Commission on 29 September and 2 December 1998. (un.org)
- Taking into account the recent announcement of the convening to informal consultations on a draft resolution for the special session of the Council on the deteriorating human rights situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, the open informal consultations on the implementation of resolution 26/9 mentioned above, will finish at lO:OOam, in order to avoid any overlapping. (business-humanrights.org)
- In line with its mandate to encourage an open discussion of NATO's organisation and purpose, the Group engaged in an extensive series of seminars and consultations with scholars and officials, civilian and military alike, from within and outside the Alliance. (nato.int)
- A cluster randomized controlled trial was conducted to assess the effectiveness of home-based maternal nutritional counselling on nutritional outcomes, morbidity, breastfeeding, and infant feeding practices by the African Population and Health Research Center in two urban informal settlements of Nairobi. (cambridge.org)
- For the billion urban dwellers living in informal settlements, there are many risks. (iied.org)
- In informal settlements that are vulnerable to serious flood risks every year, those living there are no longer vulnerable if investment in drainage and flood management remove the flood risk. (iied.org)
- Participants primarily used informal recovery strategies, rather than professional services or support groups. (springer.com)
- A methodological limitation in the field has been that study participants have usually been recruited from professional services or community-based problem gambling support groups such as Gamblers Anonymous (GA), rather than the broader community (e.g. (springer.com)
- Participants of the in-home respite intervention group will be recruited by Baluchon staff when asking for a first or a new period of in-home respite care. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Participants in the control group will be recruited from several general practitioners spread over the different regions in Belgium. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Potentially, in a later phase, control group participants will also be recruited via Memory Clinics in Belgium. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The Group of Experts is grateful to the hundreds of men and women who assisted in its work, including Secretary General Rasmussen and his planning staff (headed by Dr. Jamie Shea), the governments of the Alliance and its partners, seminar hosts and participants, military and civilian advisers, and all who contributed their ideas and thoughts. (nato.int)
- Hands-on lab training limited to 4-6 participants to ensure personalized attention in a small group setting. (usra.edu)
- Since then, it has become clear that the plant kingdom as originally defined included several unrelated groups, and the fungi and several groups of algae were removed to new kingdoms. (wikipedia.org)
- They honour the ethical base for practice, individual and group life, and emphasise what we are, what we do and what we are to become. (infed.org)
- has the honour to remind the invitation to the first open informal consultation with States and other relevant stakeholders on the implementation of Human Rights Council resolution 26/9, to be held tomorrow Thursday, 17 May 2018, at 09:00, in Room XVI of the Palais des Nations. (business-humanrights.org)
- Nevertheless, we are still able to draw several important conclusions: first, despite the prevalence of informal caregiving and its primary association with lower levels of employment, the affected labor force is seemingly small. (springer.com)
- This type of group can be paraphyletic or polyphyletic but is kept for ease, pending new systems of classification. (wikipedia.org)
- Examples can be found in the classification of gastropods: Opisthobranchia, Sorbeoconcha, Hypsogastropoda, and Ptenoglossa are informal groups nearby the level of the order. (wikipedia.org)
- The definition of groups in context of the movement roles project has been left open for interpretation and requires some classification. (wikimedia.org)
- I would like to propose the following set of criteria for classification of groups within our movement and outside, that we are likely to encounter. (wikimedia.org)
- My intention is to provide a starting point, from where the definition and classification of groups could be further refined. (wikimedia.org)
- The classification itself is based on logical options between any two sets of arbitrary groups. (wikimedia.org)
- There needs to be some formal classification of groups that we are likely to encounter. (wikimedia.org)
- Much later, when Linnaeus (1707-1778) created the basis of the modern system of scientific classification , these two groups became the kingdoms Vegetabilia (later Metaphyta or Plantae) and Animalia (also called Metazoa). (wikipedia.org)
- Graph Theoretical Dimensions of Informal Organizations. (google.com)
- The most recent elections to choose members of the National Assembly, held in 2002, were neither free nor fair, since all candidates were chosen and vetted by the CPV's Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF), an umbrella group that monitors the country's popular organizations. (state.gov)
- The Agaricales, or euagarics clade, is a monophyletic group of approximately 8500 mushroom species. (tolweb.org)
- The short term effects of trade reforms may in the first instance be associated with higher informal employment. (globalpolicy.org)
- Similar to the recruitment of the intervention group, the physician will give some information about the study. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- 29 schools (5372 students) were randomly assigned by stratified block randomisation to the control group to continue their usual smoking education and 30 (5358 students) to the intervention group. (nih.gov)
- However, the minister did not release details for a specific timeline of implementation or a set of terms and conditions necessary for the groups to be legally recognised. (phnompenhpost.com)
- and engage the public of all ages in learning STEM in informal environments. (nsf.gov)
- The research carried out within my Endothelial Progenitor Cell Group explores the mechanism involved in stem cells therapies with an aim to shorten the time from bench to patient. (ncl.ac.uk)
- Endothelial Progenitor Cell Group is carying out cardiovascular investigations between of Institute of Cellular Medicine, North East Stem Cells Institute and Clinical Research Facility in Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle applying both preclinical and clinical approach. (ncl.ac.uk)
- It focuses on the linkages between globalization and informal employment and finds that informal employment is widespread in many developing countries, leaving thousands of workers with almost no job security, low incomes and no social protection. (globalpolicy.org)
- Science is often conducted by groups or even widespread networks of scientists, and an increasing number of women and minorities are scientists. (nap.edu)
- Without that, the products would not be of good quality," said Célestine Lembagusala, the president of the Network of Active Women in Kikwit, which includes more than 30 women's groups. (ipsnews.net)
- Internal groups refers to groups from within the Wikimedia community, external groups might be complete or partial outside entities with aligned common goals with our movement. (wikimedia.org)
- When the name Plantae or plant is applied to a specific group of organisms or taxon , it usually refers to one of four concepts. (wikipedia.org)
- This study applied a holistic, strength-based lens to better articulate the impetus for, and processes of, informal recovery from gambling problems. (springer.com)
- 2012 ). An estimated 30-40% of these gamblers will recover using informal recovery processes, that is, rely on their own resources rather than professional or group support (e.g. (springer.com)
- She argues that fulfilling our calling as informal educators means we work with others for the processes of knowing, testing, naming, being, doing and becoming. (infed.org)
- Social identification and solidarity: A reformulation.Advances in Group Processes, 12, 249-270. (google.com)
- Advances in group processes (Vol. 11, pp. 113-137). (google.com)
- The answers tend to be informal and off-the-cuff, she said, "But the speed of the response and the level of insight is such as you wouldn't be able to obtain through typical research processes. (govtech.com)
- Group as a collective noun can be followed by a singular or plural verb. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Feminteka Foundation from Warsaw, the 8 th of March women's rights informal collective "Porozumienie kobiet 8 marca", Berlin-Irish Pro Choice Solidarity, Codziennik Feministyczny and the Political group Twoj Ruch. (womenonwaves.org)
- The empirical analysis in this study shows that more open economies tend to have a lower incidence of informal employment. (globalpolicy.org)
- Many groups of Agaricales engage in mutualistic symbioses with the roots of vascular plants where they form ectomycorrhizas (EM), or more rarely associate with unicellular green algae or cyanobacteria as lichens. (tolweb.org)
- a small group of supporters across the country. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The intervention (ASSIST [A Stop Smoking In Schools Trial] programme) consisted of training influential students to act as peer supporters during informal interactions outside the classroom to encourage their peers not to smoke. (nih.gov)
- Back in April, PI reported that the lobbyists Art Estopinan and Bill Smith were considering teaming up to lobby for the Washington Strategy Group , an outfit started by supporters of Fethullah Gülen , a Turkish cleric living in Pennsylvania who the Turkish government blamed for instigating a failed coup last summer. (politico.com)
- The Role of Informal Groups in Organisational Knowledge Work: Understanding an Emerging Community of Practice," International Journal of Knowledge Management (IJKM) 2, no.1: 6-23. (igi-global.com)
- Speaking at an Oxfam-sponsored conference on the informal saving and lending practice yesterday, Rural Development Minister Ouk Rabun said community saving groups have encouraged even the Kingdom's poorest to save and invest. (phnompenhpost.com)
- Lim Solinn, Oxfam country director, welcomed the ministry's support to legalise the community saving groups, explaining that it would help build trust and confidence in the savings and lending practice as it continues to grow. (phnompenhpost.com)
- This paper, which represents an important research aspect central to the thesis, will explain briefly what a HE support group is, describe four examples of HE support groups and analyse their role using communities of practice framework. (leeds.ac.uk)
- Integration into world markets and tackling informal employment through decent work policies should be considered complementary. (globalpolicy.org)
- These groups should review and potentially approve parts of the MR work. (wikimedia.org)
- Students in large lectures resist group work. (shsu.edu)
- Scientists communicate frequently with their colleagues, both formally and informally, and most active researchers are involved in multiple scientific associations or societies, along with multiple collaboration or work groups. (nap.edu)
- Toolkit, partner and other sector meetings, web-based dialogues, and work groups) is successful? (cdc.gov)
- What substantive actions or statements can be made in the name of the National Conversation or a work group, other than work group reports and the action agenda? (cdc.gov)
- Objective: Learn about progress to date in the work groups. (cdc.gov)
- Discuss, clarify or revise as necessary, and approve work group charges. (cdc.gov)
- The Group of Experts, led by its chair Madeleine K. Albright (United States) and vice-chair Jeroen van der Veer (The Netherlands), began work in September 2009. (nato.int)
- On the informal front, diverse lawyers gather to discuss everything from how work is going to family life. (bizjournals.com)
- A proposed pathways framework may inform strength-based informal recovery strategies for gamblers and affected others, and therapeutic approaches. (springer.com)
- There are multiple approaches to how to classify such groups. (wikimedia.org)
- We present here group and graph theoretical approaches for the characterization of virus structure, and demonstrate that these techniques provide new insights into virus assembly and the structural transitions of viral capsid important for infection. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- We need to focus more on removing the risks and less on endless lists of 'vulnerable groups', argues David Satterthwaite. (iied.org)
- Is the term 'vulnerable groups' used just as a convenient (but misleading) shorthand for showing concern for a long list of groups considered more at risk, without a need to ask why they are vulnerable and what needs to change? (iied.org)
- It is now obligatory within UN declarations, discussions and recommendations to make special mention of 'vulnerable groups' or groups in vulnerable situations, and then often to list them - as in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN's ' New Urban Agenda' (PDF) . (iied.org)
- Vulnerable groups are said to include children, youth, persons with disabilities, people living with HIV/AIDS, older persons, indigenous peoples, refugees and internally displaced persons and migrants. (iied.org)
- It is not so much vulnerable groups that are at issue, but the vulnerability of particular groups of the population to specific risks. (iied.org)
- To term all women or youth or migrants as vulnerable groups is to misrepresent their knowledge and their capacities to act - to cope with risk, to adapt to lessen risk or to remove risk. (iied.org)
- The general objective of this quasi-experimental study is to assess the effectiveness of an in-home respite care program compared to a control group not receiving the same type of in-home respite on the well-being of the caregiver, the care-recipient and on the healthcare system. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The control group receives usual care (standard dementia care). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Informal and formal care among single-living elderly in Europe. (springer.com)
- Does informal care from children to their elderly parents substitute for formal care in Europe? (springer.com)
- meanwhile, the control group received routine antenatal care. (cambridge.org)
- More than 40% of the respondents in the British Household Panel Survey provide informal care at least for one year within the period 1991-2003 and carers are usually less likely to hold simultaneously a paid job. (repec.org)
- We find evidence of a causal link from informal care to employment with employment rates reduced by up to 6 percentage points. (repec.org)
- For the same group, a significantly smaller link from employment to care provision is found. (repec.org)
- A micro-simulation exercise using the model estimates suggest that the overall potential pressure on the provision of informal care created by a rise in the employment rate is minimal. (repec.org)
- Informal Care and Employment in England: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey ," IZA Discussion Papers 2010, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA). (repec.org)
- The opportunity costs of informal care: does gender matter? (repec.org)
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) teams in northwestern Nigeria's Zamfara state are witnessing an alarming rise in the incidence of sexual violence and illnesses related to a lack of food, safe water, and vaccinations as attacks by armed groups force people to flee their homes or cut them off from lifesaving medical care and other essential services. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Thanks to the sale of products that we make in our group, I'm able to pay my children's school fees, to buy clothes, pay the rent and take care of other needs," said Justine Kakesa, president of the Young Congolese Women's Group (known by its French acronym, DJFC), an NGO based in Kikwit. (ipsnews.net)
- • Adult care home, also called adult family-care home (AFCH) or group home. (aarp.org)
- Estimating Informal Caregiving Time from Patient EQ-5D Data: The Informal CARE Effect (iCARE) Tool. (eur.nl)
- The monetary valuation of informal care: obtaining pure time valuations using a Discrete Choice Experiment. (eur.nl)
- Other women belong to informal savings group. (ipsnews.net)
- The goal is to design a neighborhood where people of all ages and family statuses can rely on the informal, mutual support of neighbors to help out. (aarp.org)
- The Ministry of Rural Development (MRD) announced yesterday that it plans to support the growth of NGO-backed community saving groups in a move to help members of these currently unregulated groups establish funding pools that can be accessed without the need for collateral. (phnompenhpost.com)
- Rabun added that the ministry will provide technical and financial support to community saving groups and is studying how it can help them become legally recognised. (phnompenhpost.com)
- MRD is also planning to allocate part of its national budget to support the development of community saving groups at the provincial level. (phnompenhpost.com)
- External groups can have affiliation and support from within the community but would be treated as outside entities. (wikimedia.org)
- Unofficial groups need to have their existence public with the rest of the community, either through mailing lists or wikis, and need to have support from their local community. (wikimedia.org)
- This framework is helpful in understanding the role of HE support group firstly, because it helps describe the HE support group through its concepts and secondly it helps to contrast different types of HE support groups. (leeds.ac.uk)
- Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. (diigo.com)
- By one definition, plants form the clade Viridiplantae (Latin name for "green plants"), a group that includes the flowering plants , conifers and other gymnosperms , ferns and their allies , hornworts , liverworts , mosses and the green algae , but excludes the red and brown algae . (wikipedia.org)
- The clade Viridiplantae encompasses a group of organisms that have cellulose in their cell walls , possess chlorophylls a and b and have plastids bound by only two membranes that are capable of photosynthesis and of storing starch. (wikipedia.org)
- Social process and hierarchy formation in small groups: A comparative perspective. (google.com)
- Time change for first open informal consultation on proposed. (business-humanrights.org)
- and Smith (1994) has begun to use the notion in relation to informal education. (infed.org)
- If we are going to start using theses terms within informal education we need a firm basis of understanding on which to ground our explorations. (infed.org)
- EO, through the production of a contact list, puts home educators in touch with each other and this gives rise to local groups which meet regularly for activities and to talk about issues specific to home based education. (leeds.ac.uk)
- The group can provide low cost balanced feeds together with technical information on the use of feed. (fao.org)
- Haeckel in 1866 placed the group in the phylum Moneres (from μονήρης: simple) in the kingdom Protista and defines them as completely structureless and homogeneous organisms, consisting only of a piece of plasma. (wikipedia.org)
- Our research group addresses the transformative potential of information and communication technologies within society and organisations, focusing on the adoption, exploitation, management and creative use of information systems in a variety of organisational and social contexts. (sheffield.ac.uk)
- Informal employment involves private, unregistered enterprises which are not subject to national law or regulation, offer no social protection and involve self-employed individuals, or members of the same household. (globalpolicy.org)
- In total, the 11 NGOs have created 12,475 community saving groups with over 222,000 members and a savings portfolio valued at $11.3 million, according to Rabun. (phnompenhpost.com)
- However, she suggested that any regulation should exclude scrutiny over NGOs that operate groups with 50 members or less due to the relatively small amounts of money handled. (phnompenhpost.com)
- She added that even the poorest members of community saving groups on average save $66 a year. (phnompenhpost.com)
- Along with 14 quality layouts from near and far featuring the ever popular Museum of Transport and Watney & Worsted from the Warley Student Members group. (ukmodelshops.co.uk)
- They started a puzzle group that now has six members. (twincities.com)
- Confidence will be built in the group if all members are participating in purchasing inputs. (fao.org)
- Sharing experiences will be easier and members are more likely to use other services offered by the group. (fao.org)
- This is an area where the milk producer group can assist members, but remember that feed can be costly. (fao.org)
- Many milk producer groups also set up feed mills, purchase grains from suppliers, and sell concentrates to members. (fao.org)
- Everyone brings an equal amount of grain, cash or something else in kind to a meeting that is given to one of the group members who will be able to use the savings for small investments. (fao.org)
- Once the group saving fund becomes large enough, the group may decide to lend part of their funds to individual members to help them meet their short-term emergency credit needs. (fao.org)
- However, many persons in isolated rural areas--including members of ethnic minority groups in the Northwest Highlands, Central Highlands, and the central coastal regions--continued to live in extreme poverty. (state.gov)
- Welcome to United non-Tagalogs is a Restricted Group with 381 members. (yahoo.com)
- As the aging population increases, the demand for informal caregiving is becoming an ever more important concern for researchers and policy-makers alike. (springer.com)
- While there is no official data on the number of active community saving groups across the country due to the fact that they operate unofficially, the MRD has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with 11 NGOs that facilitate access to these groups. (phnompenhpost.com)
- A group of 624 fourth and sixth grade students from 13 schools participated in the study, which compared results from an informal reading inventory (IRI), a standardized achievement test, a group reading inventory (GRI), and a cloze test. (ed.gov)
- The burden of informal caregiving in Hungary, Poland and Slovenia: results from national representative surveys. (eur.nl)
- Groups more at risk to loss of their livelihood, income or assets - for instance to a flood - are also vulnerable. (iied.org)
- The scope of enquiry into informal recovery has generally been limited to identifying and quantifying strategies used, with limited attention to their context, or the impetus for their use as distinct from the recognition of a problem (Anderson et al. (springer.com)
- Countries with larger informal economies suffer more frequently from shocks and experience lower sustainable growth rates. (globalpolicy.org)
- Although we reach that equilibrium, a group of individuals over a hundred under a public goods individual contributions to american children, however, are developmental goals from a shared vision. (mit.edu)
- The partnership brings "the benefits of a premier public affairs group and all the resources that brings," Frates said. (politico.com)
- 10.Men's Friendship Group 11.Out of Centre day trips & activities "Helping Hands Heals Hearts Don't be a part of the problem ~ Be a part of the solution! (idealist.org)
- Activities of the Explosives Group of the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory for the months of September, October, and November 1958 are presented. (unt.edu)
- In chapter four we started describing group activities with more information on milk collection, processing and marketing. (fao.org)
- In this chapter we continue describing other possible group activities: input supply (5.1), financial (5.2), information and advice services (5.3), animal breeding (5.4), animal health (5.5) and other possible activities (5.6). (fao.org)
- Below you will find an introduction to informal saving activities, an informal loan system within the group, group credit with formal financial institutions, and a group insurance scheme. (fao.org)
- I've been using active learning in small groups (8-10 students). (shsu.edu)
- A joint study from the International Labor Organization and the WTO has found that high incidence of informal employment in the developing world suppresses countries' ability to benefit from trade opening by creating poverty traps for workers in job transition. (globalpolicy.org)
- These entities would be a sub-group under Internal groups. (wikimedia.org)
- I think the outcome of Mr Varoufakis model would be a new middle age in Europe with many local powers at the service of local élites and pressure groups, destroying basic elements of what we have achieved such as the internal market and the free movement of people. (project-syndicate.org)