Conservation of Natural Resources
Animate or inanimate sources which normally harbor disease-causing organisms and thus serve as potential sources of disease outbreaks. Reservoirs are distinguished from vectors (DISEASE VECTORS) and carriers, which are agents of disease transmission rather than continuing sources of potential disease outbreaks.
The family Cervidae of 17 genera and 45 species occurring nearly throughout North America, South America, and Eurasia, on most associated continental islands, and in northern Africa. Wild populations of deer have been established through introduction by people in Cuba, New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, and other places where the family does not naturally occur. They are slim, long-legged and best characterized by the presence of antlers. Their habitat is forests, swamps, brush country, deserts, and arctic tundra. They are usually good swimmers; some migrate seasonally. (Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, p1362)
Animals which have become adapted through breeding in captivity to a life intimately associated with humans. They include animals domesticated by humans to live and breed in a tame condition on farms or ranches for economic reasons, including LIVESTOCK (specifically CATTLE; SHEEP; HORSES; etc.), POULTRY; and those raised or kept for pleasure and companionship, e.g., PETS; or specifically DOGS; CATS; etc.
Communicable Diseases, Emerging
The branch of science concerned with the interrelationship of organisms and their ENVIRONMENT, especially as manifested by natural cycles and rhythms, community development and structure, interactions between different kinds of organisms, geographic distributions, and population alterations. (Webster's, 3d ed)
Exogenous agents, synthetic and naturally occurring, which are capable of disrupting the functions of the ENDOCRINE SYSTEM including the maintenance of HOMEOSTASIS and the regulation of developmental processes. Endocrine disruptors are compounds that can mimic HORMONES, or enhance or block the binding of hormones to their receptors, or otherwise lead to activating or inhibiting the endocrine signaling pathways and hormone metabolism.
Animal Care Committees
Institutional committees established to protect the welfare of animals used in research and education. The 1971 NIH Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals introduced the policy that institutions using warm-blooded animals in projects supported by NIH grants either be accredited by a recognized professional laboratory animal accrediting body or establish its own committee to evaluate animal care; the Public Health Service adopted a policy in 1979 requiring such committees; and the 1985 amendments to the Animal Welfare Act mandate review and approval of federally funded research with animals by a formally designated Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Parasitic Diseases, Animal
DNA Degradation, Necrotic
Animal Population Groups
Water Pollutants, Chemical
Sequence Analysis, DNA
An order of small mammals comprising two families, Ochotonidae (pikas) and Leporidae (RABBITS and HARES). Head and body length ranges from about 125 mm to 750 mm. Hares and rabbits have a short tail, and the pikas lack a tail. Rabbits are born furless and with both eyes and ears closed. HARES are born fully haired with eyes and ears open. All are vegetarians. (From Nowak, Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th ed, p539-41)
A family of the order Rodentia which contains 49 genera. Some of the more common genera are MARMOTA, which includes the marmot and woodchuck; Sciurus, the gray squirrel, S. carolinensis, and the fox squirrel, S. niger; Tamias, the eastern and western chipmunk; and Tamiasciurus, the red squirrel. The flying squirrels, except the scaly-tailed Anomaluridae, also belong to this family.
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Vaccines, Live, Unattenuated
Halogenated Diphenyl Ethers
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Disease Transmission, Infectious
Radio Frequency Identification Device
Geographic Information Systems
Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.
A name for several highly contagious viral diseases of animals, especially canine distemper. In dogs, it is caused by the canine distemper virus (DISTEMPER VIRUS, CANINE). It is characterized by a diphasic fever, leukopenia, gastrointestinal and respiratory inflammation and sometimes, neurologic complications. In cats it is known as FELINE PANLEUKOPENIA.
Monitoring of rate of occurrence of specific conditions to assess the stability or change in health levels of a population. It is also the study of disease rates in a specific cohort such as in a geographic area or population subgroup to estimate trends in a larger population. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
A polychlorinated pesticide that is resistant to destruction by light and oxidation. Its unusual stability has resulted in difficulties in residue removal from water, soil, and foodstuffs. This substance may reasonably be anticipated to be a carcinogen: Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP-85-002, 1985). (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
Wildlife of India - Wikipedia
Wildlife Institute of India (WII). *Free EBOOK: Special Habitats and Threatened Plants of India; Wildlife Institute of India ( ... The varied and rich wildlife of India has had a profound impact on the regions popular culture. Indias wildlife has been the ... 2006). Out-of-India Gondwanan origin of some tropical Asian biota *^ a b Tritsch, M.E. 2001. Wildlife of India Harper Collins, ... Fungi of India 1989-2001 ; *^ Krausman, PR & AT Johnson (1990) Conservation and wildlife education in India. Wild. Soc. Bull ...
Wildlife in india 1 - English
FAMOUS NATIONAL PARKS IN-• NORTH INDIA• EAST INDIA• WEST INDIA• CENTRAL INDIA• SOUTH INDIA CLICK ON THE REGION YOU WANT TO ... WILDLIFE PROTECTION• The country offers immense opportunities for wildlife tourism. The immense heritage of wildlife in India ... Wildlife in india_1_ * 1. FOR BETTER READING,THE SLIDES ARE PROGRAMMED ON CLICKS…. INDIAN WILDLIFE07/05/12 03:51 AM by Dr. ... WEST INDIA• THE MOST FAMOUS WILDLIFE PROTECTION AREA IN THE WEST IS-• GIR NATIONAL PARK BACK07/05/12 03:51 AM by Dr.Rajesh ...
Chitransh holds wildlife week | india | Hindustan Times
Wildlife Protection Week? on Friday. Snake expert Shahid Ali and his daughter Nida Ali made a presentation on serpents and also ... Chitransh holds wildlife week CHITRANSH ADPG College organised various events as part of ?Wildlife Protection Week? on Friday. ... CHITRANSH ADPG College organised various events as part of Wildlife Protection Week on Friday. Snake expert Shahid Ali and ... Sumit Rai and Bhupendra Kumar spoke on the importance of awareness to protect nature and environment as also the wildlife. ...
India's Other Incredible Wildlife | Blog Posts | WWF
But dozens of other wildlife species abound in Indias top national parks. Among the other species most commonly spotted on ... India is known, of course, for its tigers, and no tour to natural areas of the vast Asian nation is complete without time spent ... Bengal monitor: Not as fearsome as their counterparts on Indonesias Komodo Island, Indias monitor lizards are solitary and ... Rhesus macaque: Though notorious as urban pests throughout India, rhesus macaques exhibit more fascinating behavior when ...
India's Best Wildlife Safaris | Travel + Leisure
Whether you prefer luxury tent camps or Himalayan home stays, Indias wildlife reigns supreme with elephants, tigers, and birds ... western Indias deserts in Gujarat, the jungles on Keralas southwest coast, and savannah-like scrub in north-central Indias ... Related: The Best Beaches in India. You may want to base your itinerary around what you want to see. For tigers, head to Madhya ... Not all of them are thriving: The Asian rhino is Indias most endangered large mammal, but the greatest fear is over the ...
Wildlife Institute of India - Wikipedia
... on Nature and Wildlife of India at "India Nature Watch (INW)" - spreading the love of nature and wildlife in India through ... Forest Science Centres List of think tanks in India "About Wildlife Institute of India". Wildlife Institute of India. Archived ... Wildlife Institute of India official website ENVIS Centre: Wildlife & Protected Areas (Secondary Database); Wildlife Institute ... WII carries out wildlife research in areas of study like Biodiversity, Endangered Species, Wildlife Policy, Wildlife Management ...
Illegal wildlife trade thriving in city - Times of India
Canal diverted to save Indias rarest bird. *3. if you are looking to make a career transition, a masters degree in data ... Before the ban, Kamptee was a hub of antler trade in India with states like Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and ... According to assistant conservator of forests (ACF), wildlife, Kishore Mishrikotkar, pieces of antlers are used to make ... In India, collection of even shed antlers was banned in May 1998. ... continues to be major centre for of illegal trade in wildlife ...
Incredible India | Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary
The Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary lies at a distance of 110 km from Warangal and was declared as a wildlife sanctuary in 1953 ... Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary. A visit to the Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best ways to... ... India has a myriad of landscapes, great heritage and culture, varied flora and fauna. The country is the most preferred tourist ... A visit to the Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best ways to explore nature in its purest form. Take a jeep safari ...
Prominent Wildlife Holidays India - InfoBarrel
Wildlife holidays in India can be more exciting and full of flavors for tourists if they choose the right ones. ... India is rich in wildlife and emerged as one of the major destinations for wildlife holiday packages. ... Wildlife Holidays India have got a significant market value as most of the wildlife tourists are increasing day by day. India ... India Wildlife Resorts , Wildlife Holidays India InfoBarrel is a writing platform for non-fiction, reference-based, informative ...
Leopard dies allegedly due to negligence of wildlife officials | india | Hindustan Times
... died allegedly due to negligence of the wildlife officials. Harpreet Kaur reports. ... Huawei, Airtel conduct Indias first successful 5G network trial in India Feb 23, 2018 18:16 IST ... Wildlife conservator Ratnakumar, who was told about the death on his way to Hoshiarpur, said the department would find out if ... DFO (Wildlife) Satnam Singh, however claimed he received the information around 8.30am and had reached the site in an hour. ...
Win for wildlife as careers look rosier | Pune News - Times of India
... deep inside the forest in the Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh, Aamod Zambre set up camp at Sessni - a steep ... Win for wildlife as careers look rosier. Ananya Dutta. On a moonless night, deep inside the forest in the Eaglenest Wildlife ... This year, two young ecologists trained by Chaoji have joined the Masters programme at the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehra ... A career in wildlife conservation, till recently an option that attracted only a few, is drawing students willing to venture ...
Land Use Change Increases Wildlife Parasite Diversity in Anamalai Hills, Western Ghats, India | Scientific Reports
... landscape changes are also likely to change wildlife parasite diversity with implication for wildlife health. However, research ... Together, our results showed how human activities may increase wildlife parasite diversity within human-dominated landscape and ... India. We found that presence of plantations, and potentially livestock, significantly increased parasite diversity due ... possibly to spillover of parasites from livestock to wildlife. However, effect of habitat fragmentation on parasite diversity ...
Wildlife Association Of South India, - Environment , Bengaluru,, Karnataka | Medindia
Are you looking for Wildlife Association Of South India in Bengaluru, Karnataka? Find its location, contact details, address ... Wildlife Association Of South India. Contact Person(s) : mr e a naidu, ... Information about NGO Wildlife Association Of South India in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Information includes address, contact ... contact person and directions to the location of NGO Wildlife Association Of South India. ...
TRAFFIC - Wildlife Trade News - TRAFFIC India helps poachers surrender
... the wildlife trade monitoring network, works to ensure that trade in wild plants and animals is not a threat to the ... This is surely a step ahead in our mission to curb illegal wildlife trade.. "TRAFFIC India and WWF-India have been working with ... TRAFFIC India New Delhi, India, 4 December 2009-six hardcore poachers from north-eastern India have surrendered during a ... Iconic wildlife. Apes l Bears l Deer l Elephants l Leopards l Marine turtles l Pangolins l Reptiles l Rhinos l Sharks & rays l ...
Ecotoxicology | Wildlife Institute of India, an Autonomous Institute of MoEF, Govt. of India
of India. Website content, hosted & maintained by Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun ... This is the official website of Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun (WII), an Autonomous Institution of the Ministry of ... Post Graduate Diploma Course in Advanced Wildlife Management (10 Months). *Certificate Course in Wildlife Management (3 Months) ... creating conditions that wildlife species had never experienced before. Due to this wildlife populations have suffered severe ...
Dynamics of a morbillivirus at the domestic-wildlife interface: Canine distemper virus in domestic dogs and lions - India...
National Knowledge Commission Government of India. *India Environment Portal by Centre for Science and Environment. is licensed ... Dynamics of a morbillivirus at the domestic-wildlife interface: Canine distemper virus in domestic dogs and lions. ... Order of the Supreme Court regarding redressal of grievances of migrant labourers in different part of India, 31/03/2020 More » ... suggesting that the wider dog population and other wildlife species drive CDV dynamics. Hence, although widespread dog ...
Wildlife Institute Of India, Dehradun Recruitment: 59 Posts, Apply Before Dec 15 - News18
... for this recruitment drive at 17 centres across India located in Dehradun, Jaipur, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, ... Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun is inviting applications to fill 59 vacancies and recruit candidates for the post ... Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun will conduct an Online Qualifying Test on 23rd December 2017, for this recruitment ... Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun is inviting applications to fill 59 vacancies. ...
Taj Mahal and Ranthambore Wildlife Safari Tour with Safari Rides by Travel Creators Of India (Code: TAJ282) - TourRadar
Taj Mahal and Ranthambore Wildlife Safari Tour with Safari Rides, a 4 days tour from New Delhi to Agra, Ranthambore National ... India and 2 other destinations in India. Taj Mahal and Ranthambore Wildlife Safari Tour with Safari Rides includes ... We were in India in Jan. It was i , my wife and my kid who were always willing to visit India and once we had a... Show more ... Typhoid - Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before travel. * Hepatitis A - Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before ...
Watchers and Guards - Unsung Heroes of Wildlife Conservation | Conservation India
About Conservation India. CI is a non-profit, non-commercial portal that aims to facilitate wildlife and nature conservation by ... About Conservation India. CI is a non-profit, non-commercial portal that aims to facilitate wildlife and nature conservation by ... These bare foot soldiers are the unsung heroes of the success of Indias wildlife conservation story. They have ensured that ... wildlife. They are the forest watchers and guards toiling to save our charismatic and lesser known wildlife species. ...
Report of Minding Animals Conference 3
To Preserve and Protect: Tatas Way of wildlife, environment and ecology conservation - India's Largest CSR Network
India CSR Network. India CSR Network is Indias biggest and most trusted news portal in the domain of CSR & Sustainability. ... Another key project is the rejuvenation of the Mithapur coral reefs (left) in partnership with the Wildlife Trust of India and ... Tata Motors, Pune, India. In the middle of the highly urbanised Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial belt in Pune lies the 1,160-. acre ... Tata Power, Maharashtra, India. In the last 30 years, Tata Power has planted in excess of 18 million saplings in the catchment ...
Assessment of Diversity in the Genus Ficus L. (Moraceae) of Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttar Pradesh, India
The paper deals with the taxonomy and diversity within the genus Ficus occurring in Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary based on ... Assessment of Diversity in the Genus Ficus L. (Moraceae) of Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttar Pradesh, India ... Assessment of Diversity in the Genus Ficus L. (Moraceae) of Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttar Pradesh, India ... Assessment of Diversity in the Genus Ficus L. (Moraceae) of Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttar Pradesh, India ...
Wildlife - India Environment Portal | News, reports, documents, blogs, data, analysis on environment & development | India,...
Wildlife Trust of India (WTI). Wildlife Trust of India is a national conservation organisation committed to effective action ... Wildlife Conservation Society Wildlife Conservation Society-India has combined cutting-edge research on tigers and other ... Indias premier wildlife and ecology magazine. He is a member of the National Board for Wildlife of the Ministry ... Judgement of the Supreme Court of India regarding construction workers in the unorganized sector of India, 19/03/2018 More » ...
Wildlife with Taj Mahal Tour 3 Nights/4 Days by Volunteering With India with 1 Tour Review (Code: WTT) - TourRadar
Wildlife with Taj Mahal Tour 3 Nights/4 Days, a 4 day tour from Jaipur to Ranthambore National Park, Keoladeo Ghana National ... India and 5 other destinations in India. Wildlife with Taj Mahal Tour 3 Nights/4 Days includes accommodation in a hotel as well ... Typhoid - Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before travel. *Hepatitis A - Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before ... Cholera - Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before travel. *Tuberculosis - Recommended for India. Ideally 3 months before ...
Urban wildlife - Wikipedia
In India, the situation is similar to Africa. Monkeys, such as langurs, also enter cities for food, and cause havoc in food ... Urban wildlife is wildlife that can live or thrive in urban environments. Some urban wildlife, such as house mice, are ... Many towns in the United Kingdom have Urban Wildlife Groups that work to preserve and encourage urban wildlife. One example is ... "Oxford Urban Wildlife Group. Retrieved 2013-06-18.. *^ Kelbie, Paul (2003-05-20). "Gulls adapt to urban life in search for top ...
The body shop India and wti launch health care and sanitation with rewilding the garo spine | Wildlife Trust of India
Its mission is to conserve wildlife and its habitat and to work for the welfare of individual wild animals, in partnership with ... WTIs team of 150 dedicated professionals work towards achieving its vision of a secure natural heritage of India, in six ... Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) is a leading Indian nature conservation organisation committed to the service of nature. ... Wildlife Trust of India and The Body Shop India have further extended their support to upgrade the Asanang Health Centre (in ...
10 Worst Countries For Wildlife Trafficking Today - WorldAtlas
... but when we are talking about wildlife trafficking, we are mostly thinking about illegal activities. ... There are countries where the legal trade of wildlife is regulated, ... 8. India. Indian gray Mongoose.. In India, wildlife trafficking includes a wide variety of animal products, including mongoose ... In Kenya, wildlife crime is continuously evolving, which presents new challenges to the preservation of wildlife. Elephant and ...
Powerline Meadows - YouTube
Sometimes wildlife can actually gain a habitat in the most unlikely places! I have to admit it took me a bit... ... Exploring Wildlife of Winter nwwmark * 7 Adirondacks to India nwwmark * 8 Search for the amazing Nuthatch! nwwmark ... Sometimes wildlife can actually gain a habitat in the most unlikely places! I have to admit it took me a bit to get my mind ... LIVE: Amazing Hero Gorilla Saves Baby Impala From Leopard Hunting, Wild Animals Discovery Wildlife Magazine 611 watching*Live ...
Social-environmental drivers inform strategic management of coral reefs in the Anthropocene | Nature Ecology & Evolution
Oceans Conservation, World Wildlife Fund, Washington, DC, USA. *Gabby Ahmadia. *. Nature Conservation Foundation, Mysore, India ... Marine Program, Wildlife Conservation Society, New York, NY, USA. *Emily S. Darling ... Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore, India. *Vardhan Patankar ... MacArthur Foundation through grants to the Wildlife Conservation Society. The scientific results and conclusions, as well as ...
Institute of India2018Threatened speciesSanctuaryTimes of In2020Conservation2017Trust of IndiaIndia's2016SanctuariesAgraMahalDehradunJaipurMaharashtraSafarisWestern GhatsMadhya PradeshIllegal wildlife tradeBengaluruRhinosNational parksElephantsGujaratMumbaiSrinagar IndiaHabitatTigerBirdsForests2021World's1883WETLANDSPoachersItineraryTravelersDESTINATIONS IN INDIAHabitatsNewsDelhi IndiaDiversity19thTigersCentreMammalsSouth AfricaNotoriousNGOsKaziranga NatiAdventuresHimalayasEnvironmentTrade in wildlifeChina'sCoronavirusTouristsSearchAwarenessIndian Wildlife
Institute of India11
- The Wildlife Institute of India (WII), an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change, Government of India, was established in 1982. (wikipedia.org)
- The current director of Wildlife Institute of India is Dhananjai Mohan who was appointed in December 2019. (wikipedia.org)
- Radha Krishna Goel from 2013 to February 2014 Priya Ranjan Sinha from September 2004 to June 2013 Hemendra Singh Panwar from 1985 to 1994, first director of the Wildlife Institute of India. (wikipedia.org)
- This year, two young ecologists trained by Chaoji have joined the Master's programme at the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehra Dun. (indiatimes.com)
- Wildlife Institute of India, an Autonomous Institute of MoEF, Govt. (wii.gov.in)
- This is the official website of Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun (WII), an Autonomous Institution of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. (wii.gov.in)
- Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun is inviting applications to fill 59 vacancies. (news18.com)
- Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun is inviting applications to fill 59 vacancies and recruit candidates for the post of Project Associate, Senior Biologist, Research Biologist (Field component), Research Biologist (GIS component), Research Biologist (Genetics component), Project Biologist and Senior Biologist at WII Dehradun, Uttrakhand. (news18.com)
- Wildlife Institute of India (WII) has discovered new breeding sites for the Indian Skimmer bird species in Allahabad. (cpreecenvis.nic.in)
- Wildlife Institute of India (WII) Recruitment of 24 Project Personnel. (gojobsalert.com)
- Interested and eligible candidates may apply Online only through the official website of the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) (See URL below). (gojobsalert.com)
- This 12 months' activation of social commitment was initiated in August 2018 by The Body Shop India. (org.in)
- In July 2018, IFAW took over the management of the Group Ranch community rangers and by extension the security of wildlife in the Group Ranch. (ifaw.org)
- I thought you might be interested in this item at http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/965781423 Title: India Author: Emily Rose Oachs Publisher: Minneapolis, MN : Bellwether Media 2018. (worldcat.org)
- India harbours 172, or 2.9%, of IUCN -designated threatened species. (wikipedia.org)
- A visit to the Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best ways to explore nature in its purest form. (incredibleindia.org)
- The Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary lies at a distance of 110 km from Warangal and was declared as a wildlife sanctuary in 1953 by the government of Hyderabad. (incredibleindia.org)
- The Kaziranga of Assam in the east to Gir sanctuary in the west and the most visited sanctuary of Periyar in the south to the Corbett in the north are the major highlights of wildlife stamp in India. (infobarrel.com)
- Namdapha national park in Arunachal Pradesh is mostly known for tiger reserve and more famous one is the Kaziranga wildlife sanctuary in Assam. (infobarrel.com)
- The Wildlife Holidays Packages in the south consist of the famous sanctuary called Periyar. (infobarrel.com)
- The Ranthambore wildlife sanctuary in Rajasthan is again the destination for tiger's lovers who can see the national animal in various actions and poses. (infobarrel.com)
- The consumers of various wildlife holiday packages should never miss to visit to the famous bird sanctuary of Bharatpur where they can see the multi colorful birds giving an eyeful sights to the visitors. (infobarrel.com)
- On a moonless night, deep inside the forest in the Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh, Aamod Zambre set up camp at Sessni - a steep rock face rising above a deep valley. (indiatimes.com)
- Bittu Sahgal, an Environmental activist and writer, is the founding editor of Sanctuary Asia, India's premier wildlife and ecology magazine. (org.in)
- Sasan Gir Wildlife Sanctuary - Duration: 88 seconds. (youtube.com)
- Apart from being a rich natural habitat for the great Indian One-horned Rhinos, Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary also has a sizable population of the Wild Buffalos and Indian Elephants. (kaziranga-national-park.com)
- Couple creates wildlife sanctuary in India by letting barren farmla. (treehugger.com)
- Named after the Hemis Monastery, Hemis Wildlife Sanctuary is spread. (incredibleindia.org)
- Her death comes as a massive search continues for another much-lo ved tiger in the western state of Maharashtra which disappeared from a wildlife sanctuary in April. (gulf-times.com)
- Dense wet evergreen rainforests in the BRT Wildlife Sanctuary in Burdae. (indiatogether.org)
- The recent vulture survey was conducted across 1,275 sites across the state, including its seven tiger reserves and the famous Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary. (tourmyindia.com)
- A decline in the vulture population was observed in four of its seven tiger reserves in the state and there was a decline in Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary too. (tourmyindia.com)
- Kuno Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary witnessed a decline of 32%, from 361 in 2016 to 242 in 2019. (tourmyindia.com)
- 9. Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary. (angelfire.com)
- The Kaimoor Wildlife Sanctuary is a serene forested area located. (incredibleindia.org)
Times of In2
- In 2020, the Lichen Park in India was developed by the Uttarakhand Forest Department in Munsiyari. (wikipedia.org)
- Those of you who live in India and anyone who is following the news knows that this country is going through very hard times in trying to control the pandemic of 2020-21. (swarovskioptik.com)
- A career in wildlife conservation, till recently an option that attracted only a few, is drawing students willing to venture into the wild. (indiatimes.com)
- TRAFFIC India and WWF-India have been working with the Assam Forest Department on various conservation issues in the past and we hope our association with the department will help make significant contributions towards conservation of species in the wild. (traffic.org)
- These bare foot soldiers are the unsung heroes of the success of India's wildlife conservation story. (conservationindia.org)
- The conservation efforts of various Tata companies and Tata Trusts in wildlife, the environment and ecology, and art and culture have spawned multi-hued programmes and projects that deliver tangible results in different regions and among different communities. (indiacsr.in)
- Wildlife Trust of India is a national conservation organisation committed to effective action for the protection of India's natural heritage. (org.in)
- After equipping Siju and Baghmara (in South Garo Hills) health centres with modern healthcare equipment, in last year, Wildlife Trust of India and The Body Shop India have further extended their support to upgrade the Asanang Health Centre (in West Garo Hills) by construction of public sanitation facilities as a way of recognizing the efforts of the Garo Community who have been at the forefront of conservation in the region. (org.in)
- The Body Shop, together with Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) is helping to re-wild the endangered habitat in Garo Hills, Meghalaya, empowering communities and protecting endangered Elephant population, by building a natural corridor of a landscape for free passage and conducive environment for their conservation. (org.in)
- Many academics, environmentalists and residents in China have joined international conservation groups in calling for a permanent ban on trade in wildlife and closure of the markets where wild animals are sold. (yahoo.com)
- After the SARS outbreak, the National Forestry and Grassland Administration (NFGA) strengthened oversight of the wildlife business, licensing the legal farming and sale of 54 wild animals including civets, turtles and crocodiles, and approved breeding of endangered species including bears, tigers and pangolins for environmental or conservation purposes. (yahoo.com)
- Society (BNHS), established in 1883, is associated with wildlife research and conservation in India for over 130 years. (ipl.org)
- 14. Centre for Wildlife Studies:- Centre for Wildlife Studies (CWS) was established in 1984 in Bengaluru with an aim to promote conservation of the tiger and other large mammals, along with equal emphasis for ecology through collaboration with State and Central Governments. (ipl.org)
- Blog on tiger safari and conservation in National Parks of India. (blogspot.in)
- Provides interesting articles on tiger conservation and about wild animals of India. (blogspot.in)
- They're incredibly dangerous to people, their pets and endangered wildlife, they're just too risky to be used," Collette Adkins, carnivore conservation director for the Center for Biological Diversity, told AFP on Thursday. (yahoo.com)
- Wildlife trafficking remains a serious transnational crime that threatens security, economic prosperity, the rule of law, long-standing conservation efforts, and human health. (state.gov)
- exchange and the import and export of currency, for the conservation of foreign exchange resources of the country".Coca-Cola was India's leading soft drink until 1977 when it left India after a new government ordered the company to turn over its secret formula for Coca-Cola and dilute its stake in its Indian unit as required by the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA). (bartleby.com)
- National governments and conservation NGOs have worked throughout the crisis to maintain deploying wildlife rangers and surveillance teams across Africa. (yahoo.com)
- Paula Kahumbu runs a conservation organization with a distinctly 21st-century mission: Posting field blogs from conservationists to attract global support for wildlife protection. (yale.edu)
- The organization's mission is to bring the activities of grassroots wildlife conservationists to the attention of the global public, in hopes of raising funds for conservation programs. (yale.edu)
- WildlifeDirect was launched in 2006 by Kenyan conservationists, including Richard Leakey, who believed "underfunding was the greatest challenge to wildlife conservation in developing countries. (yale.edu)
- Dharmsala, India -- Wildlife and nature conservation was the core concern today, when His Holiness the Dalai Lama addressed his people at the formal launch of an awareness campaign. (buddhistchannel.tv)
- The joint campaign launched by the Wildlife Trust of India and Care for the Wild International aims to build awareness on the significance of nature conservation and the status of protection of wild species among the Tibetan community living in India and the Buddhists of the Himalayan region. (buddhistchannel.tv)
- And therefore it is the responsibility of all of us to realize the importance of wildlife conservation. (buddhistchannel.tv)
- This forms the essence of a campaign to spread the message on nature conservation, to build awareness in the Tibetan community and remind the ones who have veered away from the tenets of compassion and respect for all living beings," says Ashok Kumar, Senior Advisor and Trustee of the Wildlife Trust of India. (buddhistchannel.tv)
- In a paper titled `Impact of diseases in wildlife conservation' at the sixth international conference on NextGen Genomics, Biology , Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) in Kochi, veterinarian Arun Zachariah said that this information came when a full DNA sequencing of the virus found in the elephants was done and analysed. (indiawildlifenews.com)
- Diseases are considered to be a threat to wildlife conservation as it is mainly attributed to the spill over into the human population. (indiawildlifenews.com)
- Indian wildlife conservation leader, Ashok Kumar, has passed away at the age of 81. (eia-international.org)
- Covering an estimated area of 159,000 sq. km, the Western Ghats are an area of exceptional biological diversity and conservation interest, and are "one of the major Tropical Evergreen Forest regions in India" (Rodgers and Panwar, 1988). (angelfire.com)
- The Western Ghats are an area of exceptional biological diversity and conservation interest, and are "one of the major Tropical Evergreen Forest regions in India" (Rodgers and Panwar, 1988). (angelfire.com)
- The idea was to create awareness about wildlife conservation. (redorbit.com)
- Experience in wildlife research / conservation / monitoring of aquatic macro fauna / wetland ecology. (gojobsalert.com)
- Experience in aquatic wildlife research/ monitoring/conservation. (gojobsalert.com)
- Experience in wildlife conservation/ ecology / Application of wildlife related Software. (gojobsalert.com)
- Training and support from our Coalition partners WWF, TRAFFIC and IFAW as well as the dedication of our detection team means we have blocked or removed over 45,000 prohibited wildlife listings in 2017. (ifaw.org)
- On July 2, China passed amendments to its Wildlife Protection Law (WPL), effective from 2017. (eia-international.org)
Trust of India2
- Another key project is the rejuvenation of the Mithapur coral reefs (left) in partnership with the Wildlife Trust of India and the Gujarat State Forest Department. (indiacsr.in)
- Dignitaries included representatives from the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council (GHADC), Health Department, The Body Shop India, Wildlife Trust of India and local Garo community members. (org.in)
- Whether you prefer luxury tent camps or Himalayan home stays, India's wildlife reigns supreme with elephants, tigers, and birds in flight. (travelandleisure.com)
- Your toughest decision will be deciding where to go, given the vastness of the country and contrasting landscapes of the national parks: western India 's deserts in Gujarat, the jungles on Kerala's southwest coast, and savannah-like scrub in north-central India's Madhya Pradesh. (travelandleisure.com)
- In 2028, both China and India are predicted to have 1.45 billion, but China's population will decrease thereafter whereas India's will continue to increase. (bartleby.com)
- India's most famous tiger, photographed by thousands of tourists over the years at a popular northern wildlife park, died on Thursday, days after the ageing animal stopped eating. (gulf-times.com)
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is changing their photography policy, and they will soon require photographers to be licensed if they want to operate commercially in India's protected monuments. (diyphotography.net)
- Sansar Chand is believed to be India's biggest wildlife criminal who has been responsible for more tiger and leopard deaths than anyone else, the WPSI said. (bigcatrescue.org)
- After a morning at leisure, explore the city's classic sights, including the Gateway of India, an 85-foot-high arch whose design reflects India's Muslim and Hindu traditions. (abercrombiekent.com)
- These officially sanctioned wildlife farming operations produce about $20 billion in annual revenue, according to a 2016 government-backed report. (yahoo.com)
- In 2016, Dinesh and Tarakeshwari Rathod, police officers from India, said that they were the country's first couple to successfully reach the 29,035ft Everest summit. (diyphotography.net)
- Home to pythons, cobras, mugger crocodiles and other reptile species, this is one of Telangana's most popular wildlife sanctuaries. (incredibleindia.org)
- India is very affluent in wildlife comprising of more than 89 national parks and 488 wildlife sanctuaries. (infobarrel.com)
- The major landmark of wildlife sanctuaries that have been widespread all over the country includes the famous four sanctuaries situated in the four directions. (infobarrel.com)
- Wildlife holidays of India introduce tourists to the pleasant and eyeful sights in many national parks and wildlife sanctuaries. (infobarrel.com)
- Additionally there are large scale vacancies that exist at this level with most national parks and wildlife sanctuaries ridden with nearly fifty per cent vacancies. (conservationindia.org)
- The management status of the wildlife sanctuaries in this part of India varies enormously. (angelfire.com)
- The Tourism Department of Assam has provided information on National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in the state. (india.gov.in)
- I had a wonderful trip to India last year in september and explored the most popular cities named delhi, agra and. (tourradar.com)
- With the wildlife tour Taj Mahal and Ranthambore Wildlife Safari Tour with Safari Rides, you have a 4 day tour package taking you through New Delhi, India and 2 other destinations in India. (tourradar.com)
- Taj Mahal and Ranthambore Wildlife Safari Tour with Safari Rides includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more. (tourradar.com)
- Wildlife with Taj Mahal Tour 3 Nights/4 Days includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more. (tourradar.com)
- Have you already been to India and photographed Taj Mahal and other famous monuments? (diyphotography.net)
- The institute is based in Dehradun, India. (wikipedia.org)
- Before the ban, Kamptee was a hub of antler trade in India with states like Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Orissa as the main collection centres. (indiatimes.com)
- Most of the holidayers visit the country for various wildlife safaris purposes. (infobarrel.com)
- Tiger tour and wild safaris in India. (blogspot.in)
- Elephant, Walking and Boat Safaris in Satpura National Park for a more intimate and authentic experience of the forest and wildlife - the only place in India where this is possible! (wildplanetadventures.com)
- Not only do we cap our trips at 10 travelers, we split the group further on wildlife safaris in Yala National Park, for a truly exclusive experience with personalized guiding. (nathab.com)
- Start your adventure with classic jeep safaris to see leopards and other wildlife and an excursion by camel-back. (wildplanetadventures.com)
- India is one of the most biodiverse regions of the world and contains three of the world's 36 biodiversity hotspots - the Western Ghats , the Eastern Himalayas , and the Indo-Burma hotspot. (wikipedia.org)
- Thankfully, we were able to move into a friend's stone cabin, an isolated structure located in a beautiful valley at the edge of the Nilgiri Hills, a sub-range of the Western Ghats of South India. (swarovskioptik.com)
- Police in Madhya Pradesh, central India, arrested 4 suspected of manufacturing alcohol from sanitiser. (yahoo.com)
Illegal wildlife trade7
- This is surely a step ahead in our mission to curb illegal wildlife trade. (traffic.org)
- It shows the urgency of our Stop The Illegal Wildlife Trade campaign, which was launched by The Independent's largest shareholder Evgeny Lebedev to call for an international effort to clamp down on the illegal trade of wild animals, which remains one of the greatest threats to future biodiversity. (yahoo.com)
- Guy Disney, Frontline Protection Technical Advisor for Space for Giants, said: "The illegal wildlife trade operates across national borders, so to disrupt it most effectively, our approach is to work with organisations that also collaborate across borders to allow threats to wildlife minimised. (yahoo.com)
- More than 1,000 rangers have died in the line of duty in the past decade, testament to the threat faced in their struggle against the illegal wildlife trade. (yahoo.com)
- this is the first time ever the private sector has taken part in a UK Government-led global conference on illegal wildlife trade. (ifaw.org)
- By bringing together this important coalition of partners we are taking one step closer to ending the illegal wildlife trade that causes so much harm across the world. (ifaw.org)
- The UK Government's Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference is providing a vital platform where the public and private sectors can join forces in the fight against wildlife crime," said Wolfgang Weber - Senior Director, Global Head of Regulatory, Legal Counsel & Business Ethics Officer at eBay. (ifaw.org)
- Information about NGO Wildlife Association Of South India in Bengaluru, Karnataka . (medindia.net)
- In recent times, farms in China have grown to not only include animals such as pigs, cows, and chickens but also tigers, bears, and rhinos, all for wildlife trafficking. (worldatlas.com)
- In response to decrease in the numbers of wild animals, human encroachment and poaching activities, the government of India established a system of national parks and protected areas in 1935, which was subsequently expanded. (wikipedia.org)
- But dozens of other wildlife species abound in India 's top national parks. (worldwildlife.org)
- Source: United Nations List of National Parks and Protected Areas: India (1993) WCMC Protected Areas Data Unit. (angelfire.com)
- They face the wrath of local farmers, suffering conflicts from elephants, wild pigs, deer, tigers and leopards, directed at these helpless wildlife warriors. (conservationindia.org)
- Attacks by elephants, sloth bears and other wildlife has taken considerable toll on these staff. (conservationindia.org)
- The support from The Body Shop India and WLT will go a long way in achieving the aim of securing approximately 4500 hectares of Canopies, Corridors and Catchments of Garo Green Spine for enhancing the survival prospects of elephants, gibbons, chocolate mahseer and other key wildlife indicators by 2025. (org.in)
- Wildlife SOS is now ready to take the first steps toward rescuing Suzy and ALL of the remaining circus elephants in India , in partnership with the government. (crowdrise.com)
- Herds of wild elephants, some times numbering up to 200, can be seen migrating from the Mikir hills to the bheels (marshes or ox-bow lakes), offering the most spectacular view to the wildlife enthusiasts. (kaziranga-national-park.com)
- As an ecologist who once studied elephants, Kahumbu didn't anticipate doing this kind of work, but she says, "this is where I've found myself to be most effective in this campaign to save Africa's wildlife. (yale.edu)
- Sasan Gir National Park Wildlife Safari in Gujarat by Memorable India - Duration: 83 seconds. (youtube.com)
- MIGRANT CREAT CRIME IN MUMBAI INTRODUCTION:- History of Mumbai recounts the growth of a collection of seven island on the west coast of India, Mumbai becoming the commercial capital of the nation, and also one of the most populous city in the world. (ipl.org)
- Nagpur offers flight services from Mumbai and Delhi to visitors on tiger tour to see Indian tiger and other wildlife. (blogspot.in)
- Hear it From Traveler Mr. Durairajoo Seetharaman - Golden Triangle Tour with Srinagar India - Duration: 33 seconds. (youtube.com)
- Srinagar India is located in the scenic Kashmir Valley . (destination360.com)
- Easily one of the most popular attractions in Srinagar India, Dal Lake is a true gem in the crown of Jammu and Kashmir. (destination360.com)
- In 1972, India enacted the Wildlife Protection Act and Project Tiger to safeguard crucial habitat. (wikipedia.org)
- Though notorious as urban pests throughout India, rhesus macaques exhibit more fascinating behavior when studies in their natural habitat. (worldwildlife.org)
- Anthropogenic landscape changes such as land use change and habitat fragmentation are known to alter wildlife diversity. (nature.com)
- However, research linking anthropogenic landscape change and wildlife parasite diversity is limited, especially comparing effects of land use change and habitat fragmentation, which often cooccur but may affect parasite diversity substantially differently. (nature.com)
- Here, we assessed how anthropogenic land use change (presence of plantation, livestock foraging and human settlement) and habitat fragmentation may change the gastrointestinal parasite diversity of wild mammalian host species (n = 23) in Anamalai hills, India. (nature.com)
- Urban areas in Australia are a particularly fruitful habitat type for many wildlife species. (wikipedia.org)
- Sometimes wildlife can actually gain a habitat in the most unlikely places! (youtube.com)
- Man-animal conflict in India is taking a heavy toll on habitat and thereby the survival of wildlife. (indiatogether.org)
- Encroachment of wildlife habitat traumatises higher mammals markedly. (indiatogether.org)
- With the Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) offering protection within the Park, the Group Ranch depends on community wildlife rangers to offer security to the wildlife and their habitat. (ifaw.org)
- Experience in projects related to GIS and Remote Sensing after Master's degree particularly experience of working on wildlife and aquatic habitat. (gojobsalert.com)
- Of course, the holy grail of any safari is seeing the big cats, and in India that means the elusive wild tiger. (travelandleisure.com)
- Not all of them are thriving: The Asian rhino is India 's most endangered large mammal, but the greatest fear is over the disappearing tiger-a national symbol and major sightseeing draw. (travelandleisure.com)
- the tiger tour packages in India is the most popular one. (infobarrel.com)
- The national tiger census or the All India Tiger Estimation, is done by WII along with NTCA and state forest departments. (wikipedia.org)
- The recruitment for the above posts is on contractual basis for the Tiger cell and the following two projects viz "Country Level Assessment of Status of Tigers, Co-predators and Prey and their Habitats in India" and "Ecological Assessment of Palamau Tiger Reserve for evaluating feasibility of supplementing tiger and prey. (news18.com)
- The author enjoys jungle life and is fond of endangered Bengal tiger and the leopard in India. (blogspot.in)
- Naked overground electricity lines in the core and the buffer areas of Palamau tiger reserve are causing concern to wildlife lovers here, with even the insulated wires posing a big hazard to w. (telegraphindia.com)
- India is home to more than half of the world's tiger population with some 2,226 of the animals roaming its reserves, according to the last count in 2014. (gulf-times.com)
- Taking all this into account, only 1/3rd of the 1000 odd tiger population in India are fit to breed. (indiatogether.org)
- A young woman from India recently had a close encounter with a tiger, which she succeeded in fighting off with a stick. (diyphotography.net)
- If you are a tiger lover or wildlife enthusiast, this is a piece of news th. (tourmyindia.com)
-  Some species of native animals on Australia, such as various bird species including Australian magpies, are able to survive as urban wildlife,  although introduced birds are more common in the centre of larger cities. (wikipedia.org)
- Sharing that experience with your children is both fun and unforgettable, and family wildlife trips serve up just the right mix of animals and adventure, birds and beach, marine life and me time. (responsibletravel.com)
- Morning wildlife safari by boat on the Chambal River with spectacular opportunities to view Gharials (Fish-eating crocodiles) Marsh Mugger crocodiles and Gangetic Dolphins, as well as many birds including the rare Indian Skimmer, Spoonbills, Herons, Kingfishers, Fishing Eagles, Flamingos and Partridges. (wildplanetadventures.com)
- The bird species in India include a large variety of rare and unique birds. (worldatlas.com)
- India has a total of around 1,300 species of birds, out of which 42 species are endemic to India while the rest are shared with neighboring countries, or are otherwise introduced or accidentally introduced species. (worldatlas.com)
- These species of birds inhabit different habitats including forests, grassland, and the mountain regions of India. (worldatlas.com)
- According to assistant conservator of forests (ACF), wildlife, Kishore Mishrikotkar, pieces of antlers are used to make showpieces, handles and butts of pistols, hangers, knives and buttons. (indiatimes.com)
- Travelers from any corner of the world will have home-feel and safe as several holiday inns, hotels and forests resorts are being developed which are adding more charm to the wildlife holidays and vacations. (infobarrel.com)
- The following tale recounts my personal story as a birder and expedition leader in 2021 India, when I found myself in quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic. (swarovskioptik.com)
- India Real Time offers analysis and insights into the broad range of developments in business, markets, the economy, politics, culture, sports, and entertainment that take place every single day in the world's largest democracy. (wsj.com)
- Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) - a membership-driven organization - has been promoting the cause of a natural India for the past 127 years since 1883. (org.in)
- So far out of the 115 wetlands in India, 25 have been recognised as Ramsar sites and 6 more are being pushed forward in consideration for the same. (bartleby.com)
- The six poachers who turned themselves in, lured by the offer of support for an alternative livelihood Click photo to enlarge © TRAFFIC India New Delhi, India, 4 December 2009 -six hardcore poachers from north-eastern India have surrendered during a ceremony organized by TRAFFIC India on 26 November 2009 at Bansbari, Assam. (traffic.org)
- In October 2009, three poachers were arrested, based on information provided to the Forest Department through an intelligence network established by TRAFFIC India. (traffic.org)
- Mr Samir Sinha, Head-TRAFFIC India said, "We are hopeful that the surrender of these poachers will set a positive example for all others operating in the area. (traffic.org)
- Wildlife hotspots devoid of the usual level of surveillance would allow both subsistence poachers and criminal networks to encroach on land that might ordinarily be avoided, killing even more animals and flooding the wildlife trade market. (yahoo.com)
- Don t assume showing your kids the world s most iconic wildlife will blow their socks off a well planned itinerary is more impactful than a single experience. (responsibletravel.com)
- Travelers to India may experience border closures, airport closures, travel prohibitions, stay at home orders, business closures, and other emergency conditions within India due to COVID-19. (state.gov)
DESTINATIONS IN INDIA1
- Sign up to our newsletter to receive exciting content about the tourism destinations in India. (incredibleindia.org)
- They are the first line of defense against wildlife poaching, forest fires, timber smugglers and other activities that degrade our wildlife habitats. (conservationindia.org)
- We are Delhi India based India Tour and Travel Agent. (youtube.com)
- we're planning a trip to New Delhi India, though it's always been a dream of mine to vi. (destination360.com)
- People wearing personal protective equipment mourn during a cremation of a person who died of COVID-19 in New Delhi, India, amid the country's coronavirus crisis. (yahoo.com)
- India is home to a rich diversity of wildlife supplemented by an equally rich variety of flora and fauna. (slideshare.net)
- Since host and parasite diversities are strongly connected, landscape changes are also likely to change wildlife parasite diversity with implication for wildlife health. (nature.com)
- We found that presence of plantations, and potentially livestock, significantly increased parasite diversity due possibly to spillover of parasites from livestock to wildlife. (nature.com)
- Together, our results showed how human activities may increase wildlife parasite diversity within human-dominated landscape and highlighted the complex pattern of parasite diversity distribution as a result of cooccurrence of multiple anthropogenic landscape changes. (nature.com)
- These numbers probably significantly under-estimate the true death toll since Wildlife Services is notorious for poor data collection and an entrenched 'shoot, shovel, shut up' mentality," the Center for Biological Diversity said in a statement. (yahoo.com)
- So the idea was: How do you enable those people who love Africa and would love to see Africa's spectacular wildlife diversity survive in perpetuity - how do you help those people help the actual conservationists working on the ground? (yale.edu)
- Celebrated author Mark Twain, who visited India in the last decade of the 19th century, described the city as "older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend. (incredibleindia.org)
- India is known, of course, for its tigers, and no tour to natural areas of the vast Asian nation is complete without time spent in tall grasses searching for the majestic and endangered big cat. (worldwildlife.org)
- Though I am a freelancer wildlife/content writer of shorts and as an amateur naturalist I get enough opportunity to get the tigers and sometimes handsome tips. (blogspot.in)
- The seizure of 12 deer antlers (6 pairs) from a car at Kamptee octroi post by city police late Tuesday night proves that Nagpur continues to be major centre for of illegal trade in wildlife parts. (indiatimes.com)
- Both the Centre and state governments have been showing increased interest in funding wildlife research projects as have international agencies and NGOs which translates into opportunities for young environmentalists, said experts. (indiatimes.com)
- Dr Marwin M. Sangma, District Medical and Health Officer, West Garo Hills, said: "We are thankful to WTI and The Body Shop India to come forward with this support for the Public Health Centre and we hope together we can make a difference for nature and environment. (org.in)
-  Soon thereafter, mammals entered India from Asia through two zoogeographical passes on either side of the emerging Himalaya. (wikipedia.org)
- South Africa is a hub for the wildlife trafficking operations of many neighboring countries. (worldatlas.com)
- South Africa is also a large hub for the smuggling of wildlife because it also gathers surrounding countries such as Botswana, Namibia, and Swaziland. (worldatlas.com)
- Combine a wildlife safari in South Africa with beach time. (responsibletravel.com)
- Just over a year ago, the South Africa-based Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT) announced it was teaming up with Apopo on a pilot project aimed at detecting illegal pangolin and timber samples. (dw.com)
- Phylogram of clade 1a, lineage I, of the Simbu serogroup ( 15 ) recovered from maximum-likelihood and Bayesian analyses of the small segment for SHUV isolates from wildlife and nonequine domestic animals, South Africa and reference sequences. (cdc.gov)
- Malaysia is notorious for being a destination airport for wildlife trade, as well as a transit location. (worldatlas.com)
- The Supreme Court by an order dated Aug 24 suspended notorious wildlife criminal Sansar Chand's jail sentence and ordered that he be 'enlarged on bail to the satisfaction of the trial court', WPSI added in the statement. (bigcatrescue.org)
- Medindia's NGO list has information on 7564 NGOs across India. (medindia.net)
- Delegates from governments, the private sector, NGOs, IGOs and academia, are being urged to show their support for tackling wildlife cybercrime by making a pledge in the pledge room at the conference or via the hashtag #EndWildlifeCrime. (ifaw.org)
- BANGALORE: More than 1,500 wildlife enthusiasts , officials of various government departments, school students, teachers, members of NGOs and nature lovers participated at a walk from Vidhana Soudha to Lalbagh on Saturday to mark the 54th Wildlife Week. (redorbit.com)
- Amoderate climate combined with the availability of enough food resources supports the growth and survival of a unique and diverse wildlife in Kaziranga National Park. (kaziranga-national-park.com)
- In his latest "Adventures With Purpose" special, renowned adventure travel author, Richard Bangs , treks through the remote state of Assam in India - a region of rushing rivers, strapping monsoons, vast expanses of unspoiled land and a staggering array of wildlife. (kpbs.org)
- The species in the high Himalayas show strong affinities with palaeartic region as some of the animals are found both in the oriental region as well as palaeartic region indicating the possibility of their migration from the other side of India. (slideshare.net)
- In a symposium, students Sumit Rai and Bhupendra Kumar spoke on the importance of awareness to protect nature and environment as also the wildlife. (hindustantimes.com)
- In recent times humans have released thousands of synthetic chemicals and pollutants into the environment, creating conditions that wildlife species had never experienced before. (wii.gov.in)
- Commenting on the initiative at the event, Ms Shriti Malhotra, CEO, The Body Shop India said, "We carry forward our founder Anita Roddick's legacy of giving back to society especially to the local environment and communities. (org.in)
- In an interview with Yale Environment 360 , Kahumbu - recently named one of National Geographic 's Emerging Explorers for 2011 - talked about her organization and the precarious state of Africa's wildlife today. (yale.edu)
- Funston remains optimistic, saying Angola's vast savannah is a resilient environment that could bounce back and teem with wildlife within a decade - if the authorities quash poaching and the bushmeat trade in edible animals. (indialivetoday.com)
Trade in wildlife1
- With few government support schemes available, a reduction in ranger numbers would risk more animals been killed, fuelling the illegal trade in wildlife. (yahoo.com)
- The scale of the crackdown, which has netted almost 40,000 animals including squirrels, weasels and boars, suggests that China's taste for eating wildlife and using animal parts for medicinal purposes is not likely to disappear overnight, despite potential links to the new coronavirus. (yahoo.com)
- I'd like to sell once the ban is lifted," said Gong Jian, who runs a wildlife store online and operates shops in China's autonomous Inner Mongolia region. (yahoo.com)
- It insists on China's right to use wildlife resources for development purposes. (yahoo.com)
- The outbreak of the new coronavirus, which has killed more than 1,600 people in China, revived a debate in the country about the use of wildlife for food and medicine. (yahoo.com)
- Urban wildlife can be found at any latitude that supports human dwellings - the list of animals that will search human trash within settlements runs from tropical monkeys to polar bears in the Arctic. (wikipedia.org)
- BNHS mainly focuses on research, education and public awareness about wildlife and nature. (ipl.org)
- This richness of Indian wildlife has been celebrated since time immemorial. (wikipedia.org)