Body Temperature Regulation
A state in which the environs of hospitals, laboratories, domestic and animal housing, work places, spacecraft, and other surroundings are under technological control with regard to air conditioning, heating, lighting, humidity, ventilation, and other ambient features. The concept includes control of atmospheric composition. (From Jane's Aerospace Dictionary, 3d ed)
Mental processing of chromatic signals (COLOR VISION) from the eye by the VISUAL CORTEX where they are converted into symbolic representations. Color perception involves numerous neurons, and is influenced not only by the distribution of wavelengths from the viewed object, but also by its background color and brightness contrast at its boundary.
Forms and Records Control
Health Services, Indigenous
United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Records as Topic
The determination of hemoglobin and myoglogin residues as a parameter for testing heat exposure in back bacon. (1/17330)The use of an extraction of the heme pigments hemoglobin and myoglobin as a test for the heat exposure of back bacon was investigated by treating back bacon at varying temperatures of 50-70 degrees C and times of two to 180 minutes and observing the effect on the absorbance of heme pigment residue after nitrite oxidation. Absorbance at 409 nm was used in place of the more usual 540 nm to provide greater sensitivity in the detection of heme. A decrease in residual heme pigments was time-dependent, particularly at lower temperatures. In view of this factor and the complex nature of the heat exposure of a large block of back bacon, the application of this test would require a calibration of each process. Alternatively, limits to the amounts of heme pigment residue could be set. The heme pigment test is useful in its simplicity and overcomes difficulties associated with the coagulation and enzyme tests. (+info)
Fecal coliform elevated-temperature test: a physiological basis. (2/17330)The physiological basis of the Eijkman elevated-temperature test for differentiating fecal from nonfecal coliforms was investigated. Manometric studies indicated that the inhibitory effect upon growth and metabolism in a nonfecal coliform at 44.5 degrees C involved cellular components common to both aerobic and fermentative metabolism of lactose. Radioactive substrate incorporation experiments implicated cell membrane function as a principal focus for temperature sensitivity at 44.5 degrees C. A temperature increase from 35 to 44.5 degrees C drastically reduced the rates of [14C]glucose uptake in nonfecal coliforms, whereas those of fecal coliforms were essentially unchanged. In addition, relatively low levels of nonfecal coliform beta-galactosidase activity coupled with thermal inactivation of this enzyme at a comparatively low temperature may also inhibit growth and metabolism of nonfecal coliforms at the elevated temperature. (+info)
A hyperstable collagen mimic. (3/17330)BACKGROUND: Collagen is the most abundant protein in animals. Each polypeptide chain of collagen is composed of repeats of the sequence: Gly-X-Y, where X and Y are often L-proline (Pro) and 4(R)-hydroxy-L-proline (Hyp) residues, respectively. These chains are wound into tight triple helices of great stability. The hydroxyl group of Hyp residues contributes much to this conformational stability. The existing paradigm is that this stability arises from interstrand hydrogen bonds mediated by bridging water molecules. This model was tested using chemical synthesis to replace Hyp residues with 4(R)-fluoro-L-proline (Flp) residues. The fluorine atom in Flp residues does not form hydrogen bonds but does elicit strong inductive effects. RESULTS: Replacing the Hyp residues in collagen with Flp residues greatly increases triple-helical stability. The free energy contributed by the fluorine atom in Flp residues is twice that of the hydroxyl group in Hyp residues. The stability of the Flp-containing triple helix far exceeds that of any untemplated collagen mimic of similar size. CONCLUSIONS: Bridging water molecules contribute little to collagen stability. Rather, collagen stability relies on previously unappreciated inductive effects. Collagen mimics containing fluorine or other appropriate electron-withdrawing substituents could be the basis of new biomaterials for restorative therapies. (+info)
Determination of pyrolysis products of smoked methamphetamine mixed with tobacco by tandem mass spectrometry. (4/17330)This study examines the pyrolysis products of smoked methamphetamine mixed with tobacco that was trapped with a C8 adsorbent cartridge and then detected by gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. According to the results, the mainstream smoke contains 2-methylpropyl-benzene, 2-chloropropyl-benzene, 2,3-dihydro-3,5-dihydroxy-6-methyl-4H-pyran-4-one, 3-ethyl-phenol, methamphetamine, dimethylamphetamine, hydroquinone, 3-methyl-5-(1-methylethyl)-methylcarbamate phenol, N-methyl-N-(2-phenylethyl)-acetamide, 4-(3-hydroxy-1-butenyl)-3,5,5-trimethyl-2-cyclohexene-1-one, propanoic acid, N-acetylmethamphetamine, phenyl ester, and furfurylmethylamphetamine. In addition, the compounds in sidestream smoke are 2-propenyl benzene, phenylacetone, methamphetamine, dimethylamphetamine, benzyl methyl ketoxime, 3,4-dihydro-2-naphthalenone, N-folmyamphetamine, N-acetylamphetamine, bibenzyl, N-folmylmethamphetamine, N-acetylmethamphetamine, N-propionymethamphetamine, and furfurylmethylamphetamine. Moreover, the presence of methamphetamine promotes the oxidation of the tobacco components. (+info)
Identification and quantification of cocaine N-oxide: a thermally labile metabolite of cocaine. (5/17330)In this article, we report the identification and quantitation of cocaine N-oxide (CNO), a thermally labile oxidative metabolite, from both animal and human samples. The concentration of CNO is similar to the concentrations of cocaine in the samples analyzed. The technique used for the determination of CNO in this study is liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, which is necessary because CNO is converted to cocaine upon heating. This includes simple heating of aqueous solutions to temperatures in excess of 100 degrees C and analysis by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), in which CNO is converted to cocaine in the injection port. The thermal conversion of CNO to cocaine is estimated to cause an over-reporting of cocaine levels by 10-20% when using GC-MS. (+info)
Adenoviral gene transfer into the normal and injured spinal cord: enhanced transgene stability by combined administration of temperature-sensitive virus and transient immune blockade. (6/17330)This study characterized gene transfer into both normal and injured adult rat dorsal spinal cord using first (E1-/E3-) or second (E1-/E2A125/E3-, temperature-sensitive; ts) generation of replication-defective adenoviral (Ad) vectors. A novel immunosuppressive regimen aimed at blocking CD4/CD45 lymphocytic receptors was tested for improving transgene persistence. In addition, the effect of gene transfer on nociception was also evaluated. Seven days after treatment, numerous LacZ-positive cells were observed after transfection with either viral vector. By 21 days after transfection, beta-galactosidase staining was reduced and suggestive of ongoing cytopathology in both Ad-treated groups, despite the fact that the immunogenicity of LacZ/Adts appeared less when compared with that elicited by the LacZ/Ad vector. In contrast, immunosuppressed animals showed a significant (P < or = 0.05) increase in the number of LacZ-positive cells not displaying cytopathology. In these animals, a concomitant reduction in numbers of macrophages/microglia and CD4 and CD8 lymphocytes was observed. Only animals that received LacZ/Adts and immunosuppression showed transgene expression after 60 days. Similar results were observed in animals in which the L4-L5 dorsal roots were lesioned before transfection. Gene transfer into the dorsal spinal cord did not affect nociception, independent of the adenovirus vector. These results indicate that immune blockade of the CD4/CD45 lymphocytic receptors enhanced transgene stability in adult animals with normal or injured spinal cords and that persistent transgene expression in the spinal cord does not interfere with normal neural function. (+info)
Role of DnaK in in vitro and in vivo expression of virulence factors of Vibrio cholerae. (7/17330)The dnaK gene of Vibrio cholerae was cloned, sequenced, and used to construct a dnaK insertion mutant which was then used to examine the role of DnaK in expression of the major virulence factors of this important human pathogen. The central regulator of several virulence genes of V. cholerae is ToxR, a transmembrane DNA binding protein. The V. cholerae dnaK mutant grown in standard laboratory medium exhibited phenotypes characteristic of cells deficient in ToxR activity. Using Northern blot analysis and toxR transcriptional fusions, we demonstrated a reduction in expression of the toxR gene in the dnaK mutant strain together with a concomitant increase in expression of a htpG-like heat shock gene that is located immediately upstream and is divergently transcribed from toxR. This may be due to increased heat shock induction in the dnaK mutant. In vivo, however, although expression from heat shock promoters in the dnaK mutant was similar to that observed in vitro, expression of both toxR and htpG was comparable to that by the parental strain. In both strains, in vivo expression of toxR was significantly higher than that observed in vitro, but no reciprocal decrease in htpG expression was observed. These results suggest that the modulation of toxR expression in vivo may be different from that observed in vitro. (+info)
Cloning and expression of the dnaK gene of Campylobacter jejuni and antigenicity of heat shock protein 70. (8/17330)Campylobacter jejuni is a leading cause of infectious diarrhea throughout the world. In addition, there is growing evidence that Guillain-Barre syndrome, an inflammatory demyelinating disease of the peripheral nervous system, is frequently preceded by C. jejuni infection. In the present study, the hrcA-grpE-dnaK gene cluster of C. jejuni was cloned and sequenced. The dnaK gene consists of an open reading frame of 1,869 bp and encodes a protein with a high degree of homology to other bacterial 70-kDa heat shock proteins (HSPs). The overall percentages of identity to the HSP70 proteins of Helicobacter pylori, Borrelia burgdorferi, Chlamydia trachomatis, and Bacillus subtilis were calculated to be 78.1, 60.5, 57.2, and 53. 8%, respectively. Regions similar to the Escherichia coli sigma70 promoter consensus sequence and to a cis-acting regulatory element (CIRCE) are located upstream of the hrcA gene. Following heat shock, a rapid increase of dnaK mRNA was detectable, which reached its maximum after 20 to 30 min. A 6-His-tagged recombinant DnaK protein (rCjDnaK-His) was generated in E. coli, after cloning of the dnaK coding region into pET-22b(+), and purified by affinity and gel filtration chromatography. Antibody responses to rCjDnaK-His were significantly elevated, compared to those of healthy individuals, in about one-third of the serum specimens obtained from C. jejuni enteritis patients. (+info)
high heat resistant plastic suppliers and high heat resistant plastic manufacturers info - at SeekPart.com
high heat resistant plastic product listings on SeekPart.com - Choose quality high heat resistant plastic products from large database of high heat resistant plastic manufacturers and suppliers at SeekPart.com.
KR101961170B1 - Method for Multiple Heat Source Multi Heat Pump System with Air Heat Source Cooling Operation, Air Heat Source...
The present invention relates to a method of controlling a multi-heat source multi-heat pump system having an air heat source or a heat accumulation operation, a simultaneous operation of a heat source source and a heat accumulation and simultaneous operation, and more particularly, The cold water is selectively produced in the water-cooled and air-cooled condensers without using a separate gas heat source hot water supply device, and the cold water is selectively stored in the cold storage tank And to provide a control method of a multi-heat source multi-heat pump which is used as hot water. The air heat source and the heat source are used as heat sources of the heat pump, and at the same time, the operation mode control based on the heat storage base, the cooling base, the air heat source base, And electronic valves can be used to control the automatic switching control of the regenerative single mode, single regenerative single mode, regenerative single phase simultaneous cooling, The
Heat Resistant Ceramic Brick, Heat Resistant Ceramic Brick Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
Heat Resistant Ceramic Brick, Wholesale Various High Quality Heat Resistant Ceramic Brick Products from Global Heat Resistant Ceramic Brick Suppliers and Heat Resistant Ceramic Brick Factory,Importer,Exporter at Alibaba.com.
Effects of Mild Heat Treatment on Microbial Growth and Product Quality of Packaged Fresh-Cut Table Grapes - Kou - 2007 -...
ABSTRACT: The changes in packaged fresh-cut grape quality and microbial growth as affected by mild heat treatments and the retention of grape cap stems during 5 °C storage were evaluated. Each individual grape was either manually pulled off (stemless) from the stems, or cut (cut stem) to allow for a 1- to 2-mm cap stem remaining on the berry. The samples were sanitized in 100 mg/L chlorine solution for 1 min, followed by a mild heat treatment in a water bath (45 °C, 8 min) or an oven (55 °C, 5 min). After cooling, the berries were packaged in rigid trays sealed with a gas permeable film and stored at 5 °C. Product quality and decay rate were evaluated periodically during storage. The results indicate that in the package headspace for hot water treatment of stemless grapes, partial pressures of O2 declined significantly (P , 0.05) less and C2H4 increased significantly (P , 0.001) less than for the control and hot air treatment. Stem removal and heat treatment had significant (P , 0.05) ...
Reusable Heat Resistant Silicone Baking Sheet, China Reusable Heat Resistant Silicone Baking Sheet product list - Bossgoo.com
Product list of China Reusable Heat Resistant Silicone Baking Sheet, show the variety of China products related to Reusable Heat Resistant Silicone Baking Sheet; You can choose the right product of China Reusable Heat Resistant Silicone Baking Sheet on this list.
UC Davis research shows how the body senses a range of hot temperatures
One of the channels they studied, called TRPV1, reacts to hot temperatures -- about 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also responsible for the ability to sense spicy foods, such as chili peppers. A second channel, TRPV3, responds to temperatures of about 85 degrees. It also senses many food flavors such as those found in rosemary, oregano, vanilla and cinnamon that elicit a warm sensation.. When the TRPV1 and TRPV3 subunits recombine, the heteromeric channel is tuned to about 92 degrees. Surprisingly, the study showed that the hybrid channel has an even higher chemical sensitivity than the channels that made it up.. Zheng and his colleagues also showed that channels made up of TRPV1 and TRPV3 subunits react to heat at a rate about midway between that of the two constituent channel subunits. But repeatedly exposing the hybrid channels to their target temperature boosted their response, a behavior called sensitization, which TRPV3 also exhibits.. It says I remember this temperature. I will make a ...
Layer: Change in Unusually Hot Temperatures in the Contiguous 48 States, 1948-2016 (ID: 0)
Description: This map shows trends in unusually hot temperatures at individual weather stations that have operated consistently since 1948. In this case, the term unusually hot refers to a daily maximum temperature that is hotter than the 95th percentile temperature during the 1948-2016 period. Thus, the maximum temperature on a particular day at a particular station would be considered unusually hot if it falls within the warmest 5 percent of measurements at that station during the 1948-2016 period. The map shows changes in the total number of days per year that were hotter than the 95th percentile. Red upward-pointing symbols show where these unusually hot days are becoming more common. Blue downward-pointing symbols show where unusually hot days are becoming less common. For more information: www.epa.gov/climate- ...
No warming hiatus for extreme hot temperatures | EurekAlert! Science News
While there are claims that there has been a hiatus in global average temperatures, no such hiatus has occurred at the extreme end of the temperature spectrum. New research shows extremely hot temperatures over land have dramatically and unequivocally increased in number and area despite claims that the rise in global average temperatures has slowed over the past 10 to 20 years.
Biocatalysis at Extreme Temperatures - Michael W. W. Adams; Robert M. Kelly - Oxford University Press
Provides a comprehensive review of catalysis by enzymes at extreme temperatures. Covers what is known about organisms that can grow near 100°C and the specific properties of the limited number of enzymes and proteins that have been purified from them. Also discusses techniques and methods for investigating how proteins and nucleic acids are stabilized at extreme temperatures and explores the potential application of these enzymes.
Patente US20070118194 - Non-ambient temperature therapy system with automatic treatment temperature ... - Google Patentes
A therapy system for therapeutically treating a desired region of the body includes a fluid reservoir, a heat transfer pad, and first and second fluid circulation lines. The heat transfer pad includes a first pad port, a bladder, and a second pad port. The first fluid circulation line is connectable to the first pad port for withdrawing heat transfer fluid from the fluid reservoir and delivering it to the heat transfer pad. The second fluid circulation line is connectable to the second pad port for withdrawing heat transfer fluid from the heat transfer pad and delivering it to the fluid reservoir. The heat transfer pad additionally includes a pad flowpath adjustment member positioned in the pad flowpath to adjust the system resistance to flow. The adjusted system resistance to flow fixes the desired treatment temperature of the heat transfer pad in response to the heat transfer fluid circulating through the pad flowpath. The desired treatment temperature is correlated to the body region being treated.
Wholesale Black Color Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula Set 5 Piece Seamless For Baking Cooking And Mixing - Buy Spatula Set 5...
Wholesale Black Color Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula Set 5 Piece Seamless For Baking Cooking And Mixing , Find Complete Details about Wholesale Black Color Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula Set 5 Piece Seamless For Baking Cooking And Mixing,Spatula Set 5 Piece Seamless,Silicone Spatula Set 5 Piece Seamless,Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula Set 5 Piece Seamless from Baking & Pastry Tools Supplier or Manufacturer-Yangjiang Yongxin Houseware Co., Ltd.
Deluxe Blood Drip Ombre Heat Resistant Wig - 49118 - Fancy Dress Ball
Buy Deluxe Blood Drip Ombre Heat Resistant Wig, £10.99 available for Next Day Delivery. Our Deluxe Blood Drip Ombre Wig is both Heat Resistant and Styleable.Heat Resistant up to 120C/248F. ..
High Pressure Over Arizona Means More Unseasonably Hot Temperatures | KJZZ
With the Valley under an excessive heat warning from 10 a.m. Tuesday until 8 p.m. Wednesday, the National Weather Service is predicting more unseasonably hot temperatures.
Cold Hot Temperature Clip Art | Free Clip Art & Vector Art At Clker
Search and use 100s of cold hot temperature clip arts and images all free! Royalty free, no fees, and download now in the size you need.
Hot temperature key factor to predict risk of wildfires, finds study
Washington: Hot temperature is the most important factor in predicting the risk of wildfire than humidity, rainfall, and moisture, a new study has
Veegol Maize Wine Red Fashion Female Ladies Wig Long Curly Hair Fluffy Realistic Hairstyles Hot Temperature To Non-Mainstream -...
Shop veegol maize wine red fashion female ladies wig long curly hair fluffy realistic hairstyles hot temperature to non-mainstream free shipping online at DinoDirect store.
Hot temperatures when Gaming on macbook pro 15in | Mac Forums
Hot temperatures when Gaming on macbook pro 15in - So i would like to buy civilization 5 to run on my windows side in boot camp. Whenever i do play the demo it gets extremely hot and a program reading
Towards the quantification of the effect of acid treatment on the heat tolerance of Escherichia coli K12 at lethal temperatures...
The aim of this work is to investigate the effect of acid treatment -before and during heat inactivation- on the heat resistance of Escherichia coli K12 MG1655 cells at lethal temperatures. E. coli cells were grown in Brain Heart Infusion broth until they reached the stationary phase (≈10(9) cfu/mL). Approximately 30 min before thermal inactivation the early stationary phase cells were added in Brain Heart Infusion broth with a specific pH value, achieved with addition of either acetic (50% (v/v)), lactic (50% (v/v)) or hydrochloric acid (30% (v/v)), and inactivation experiments took place at 54 °C and 58 °C. The inactivation dynamics are analysed using the inactivation model of Geeraerd et al. (2000). This enables to define the induced thermotolerance of E. coli as a prolongation of the shoulder and/or a reduction of the inactivation rate. Generally, addition of acids increased the heat resistance of E. coli. The induced resistance depends on the type of acid and on the quantity added, i.e. ...
Oviductal fluid counterbalances the negative effect of high temperature on sperm in an ectotherm model | Biology Open
Global warming is affecting biodiversity; however, the extent to which animal reproductive processes respond to predicted temperature increments remains largely unexplored. The thermal environment has a pronounced impact on metabolic rates of ectotherms; therefore, an interesting question to assess is whether temperature increase might affect specific reproductive mechanisms like sperm performance in ectotherms. Moreover, in many species, oviductal fluid (OF) is known to regulate and maintain sperm quality; however, the role of oviductal fluid in relation to the effects of high temperature on sperm remains unclear. Our aim was to experimentally test the effect of increased temperature on sperm velocity, swimming path and percentage of motility in neutral conditions at ejaculation (without OF) and in femalés reproductive tract fluid (with OF), in a social ectotherm lizard model, Tropidurus spinulosus, which has specific thermal requirements for reproduction. Our results suggest that a rising ...
Physiological and lipidomic characterization of high temperature stress and traits associated with tolerance in wheat
High temperature is a major environmental factor that limits wheat productivity. Climate models predict greater increases in night temperature than in day temperature. The objectives of this research were to quantify the effects of high day and night temperatures during anthesis on physiological (chlorophyll fluorescence, chlorophyll concentration, leaf level photosynthesis, lipid peroxidation and membrane damage), biochemical (reactive oxygen species [ROS] concentration and antioxidant capacity in leaves) and yield traits and membrane lipid profile and identify the lipids that are associated with high temperature response in wheat. Winter wheat genotypes Ventnor (heat tolerant) and Karl 92 (heat susceptible) were grown at optimum temperatures (25/15°C, maximum/minimum) until the onset of anthesis. Thereafter, plants were exposed to high night (HN, 25/24°C), high day (HD, 35/15°C), high day and night (HDN, 35/24°C) or optimum temperatures. Compared with optimum temperature, HN, HD and HDN ...
Heat-Activated Label financial definition of Heat-Activated Label
Definition of Heat-Activated Label in the Financial Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is Heat-Activated Label? Meaning of Heat-Activated Label as a finance term. What does Heat-Activated Label mean in finance?
Repositorio da Producao Cientifica e Intelectual da Unicamp: Thermal inactivation of pectinesterase in papaya pulp (pH 3.8)
In order to establish the thermal process required by acified papaya pulp (pH 3.8) var formosa, a study was carried out on the kinetics of thermal inactivation of the heat resistant enzymes present in the pulp. Since no peroxidase activity was detected, the study was focused on pectinesterase. The heat inactivation curves at 75, 77 and 80C showed a change in slope indicating the presence of two different portions of the enzyme, one heat labile and the other hear resistant. The decimal reduction limes (D value) of pectinesterase were 0.8, 0.3 and 0.2 min for the heat labile portion and for the heat resistant portion 16.7, 7.2 and 3.7 min, respectively. The temperature-dependency factor for the heat labile portion was 9.2C and 7.8C for the thermostable portion, while the activation energies were 258.3 and 304.4 Kj/mol. These values were within the range of 167.5-418.7 Kj/mol reported in the literature for the thermal inactivation of enzymes. Thermal destruction studies with Clostridium ...
Silicone Heat Resistant Gloves Oven Mitts BBQ Heat Resistant Glove Red Baking | eBay
Throw Your Old Oven Mitts Away! Experience the silicone oven gloves of choice for yourself. 1 X Silicone Heat Resistant Glove(NOT Pair). We will always here to solve them for you. It won't help the problem to be solved.
Heat Resistant Alloy Market Share & Trends 2020-2027
A recent study on the Heat Resistant Alloy market closely examines the performance of the major market vendors operating in the Heat Resistant Alloy market for the forecast period 2020 to 2027.
Heat Resistant Foam | Products & Suppliers | Engineering360
Find Heat Resistant Foam related suppliers, manufacturers, products and specifications on GlobalSpec - a trusted source of Heat Resistant Foam information.
Heat Resistant Acetate - Pack of 5
Heat Resistant Acetate - Pack of 5-Stamp & Heat Emboss on Clear Acetate with ease! Heat Resistant Acetate sheets will allow you to heat emboss your stamped images onto acetate sheets with absolutely no warping! The options are endless as you can
Fabric Blanket Resilient to Thermal Shock
Buy Fabric Blanket Resilient to Thermal Shock, Find Details include Size,Weight,Model and Width about Fabric Blanket Resilient to Thermal Shock. Make an Inquiry for Fabric Blanket Resilient to Thermal Shock at OKorder.com.
Easy steps to reduce cast iron boiler failures due to thermal shock - Equipment Connection
Thermal shock leads to many cast iron boiler failures, but boiler manufacturers set operational limits to avoid the cumulative conditions that lead to thermal shock. By following manufacturers specifications and scheduling consistent, coordinated servicing, cast iron boiler owners can reduce the risk of thermal shock. The risk of significant downtime and expense A recent study…
Analysis of Cyclic Plastic Response of Heat Resistant Sanicro 25 Steel at Ambient and Elevated Temperatures
Austenitic heat resistant steel Sanicro 25 developed for high temperature applications in power generation industry has been subjected to selected low cycle fatigue tests at ambient and at elevated temperature. Saturated hysteresis loops at both temperatures were analyzed to deduce the probability density distribution of the internal critical stresses and to estimate the contribution of the effective stress for different strain amplitudes. The internal structure of the material at room and elevated temperature was studied using transmission electron microscopy and the results were discussed in relation to the cyclic stress- strain response. ...
Polyco Hot Gloves / 250C Heat Resistant / Size 9 / Pair
Contact heat resistant to 250°C. Double layered cotton for extra protection and durability. Nitrile grip pattern offers good grip. Size: 9.
The flavoprotein Tah18-dependent NO synthesis confers high-temperature stress tolerance on yeast cells. | Docphin
PubMedID: 25519550 | The flavoprotein Tah18-dependent NO synthesis confers high-temperature stress tolerance on yeast cells. | Nitric oxide : biology and chemistry / official journal of the Nitric Oxide Society | 11/15/2014
How plants adjust their body plan to cope with high temperature stress
Biologists from Utrecht University have described a new molecular mechanism that allows plants to optimize their growth under suboptimal high-temperature conditions. The study offers promising leads for the development of ...
What does preheated oven only mean
what does preheated oven only mean, Despite large letters on the bottom of the oven saying DO NOT USE FOIL ON THE BOTTOM OF OVEN, the cleaning lady lined our brand new electric oven with foil. Someone preheated it without looking inside, and it stuck to the bottom of the oven. We tried everything to get it up, and it wont budge.
Modeling oil generation with time-temperature index graphs based on the Arrhenius equation | AAPG Bulletin | GeoScienceWorld
John M. Hunt, M. D. Lewan, R. J. C. Hennet; Modeling oil generation with time-temperature index graphs based on the Arrhenius equation. AAPG Bulletin ; 75 (4): 795-807. doi: Download citation file:. ...
Pocket Bun 65 | 20 Heat Resistant Synthetic Extension (Honeycomb Base - African American Wigs
PB65-V is a 20 inch silky straight pocket bun. Its high heat resistant fiber not only curls well, but also keeps the curl longer.
Thermal Destruction (Energy and Renewables) News on Environmental XPRT
Get the latest thermal destruction (energy and renewables) news on Environmental XPRT, the worlds largest environmental industry marketplace and information resource.
Computational Study of HCCI-DI Combustion at Preheated and Supercharged Inlet Air Conditions - SAE International
In this work, combustion and pollutant formation phenomena in a direct injection Diesel engine are studied using n-Dodecane as fuel. The initial part of work is to validate the results from three dimensional computational fluid dynamics (CFD) with the engine experimental data. Various state-of-the-art models for simulating the droplet spray, impingement, collision, boiling and combustion are employed with the full kinetic mechanism. Extended coherent flame model for three zones predicts the averaged in-cylinder pressure data within 5 % of the experimental readings. CO, CO2, UBHC and NOx are found to be within the error limits between the CFD and experimental results. The CFD study is further extended towards the addition of little EGR for achieving lower NOx emissions and partial injection of fuel in the intake stroke followed by main injection. To facilitate the easy evaporation and mixing of fuel, preheated air is introduced. As compared with early fuel injection without preheating, computed ...
Analysis of Energy Properties and Failure Modes of Heat Treated Granite in Dynamic Splitting Test
Dynamic Brazilian disc (or splitting) tests were carried out to study the characteristics of energy dissipation and failure behavior of heat-treated granite under impact loading. Six groups of granite samples were treated at the temperatures of 25°C, 100°C, 300°C, 500°C, 700°C, and 900°C, respectively. Each group of heat-treated samples was tested with three impact velocities of 5.4, 7.7 and 13.7 m/s in a modified split Hopkinson pressure bar. An average change rate of incident energy (ACRIE) was proposed to characterize the loading rate effect. The effects of treatment temperature and ACRIE on the energy dissipation and the failure patterns of samples under impact loading were investigated. The results show that the energy dissipation of the granite decreases with the increase of treatment temperature but increases with the increase of the ACRIE. A rise in treatment temperature or ACRIE may lead to smaller size and greater number of sample fragments. The effect of treatment temperature ...
Cellucor D4 Thermal Shock - IllPumpYouUp.com
Cellucor D4 Thermal Shock puts your calorie burning machine into overdrive! D4 Thermal Shock burns fat and gives you amazing energy and focus!
simdevanma Oven Gloves Heat Resistant Cooking Mitts-BBQ Grilling Big Green Egg- Fireplace Accessories and Welding,Cut Resistant...
Buy simdevanma Oven Gloves Heat Resistant Cooking Mitts-BBQ Grilling Big Green Egg- Fireplace Accessories and Welding,Cut Resistant and Forearm Protection with High Performance Heat Resistance - Reviewgardentool.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
PlexinA4 is necessary as a downstream target of Islet2 to mediate Slit signaling for promotion of sensory axon branching |...
As the promoter of the zebrafish heat-shock protein 70 (hsp70) gene was used as a core promoter for creating these transgenic fish, heat shock treatment can induce ubiquitous overexpression of dnPlexinA4-GFP in addition to the basal expression specifically observed in the primary sensory neurons (Halloran et al., 2000) (Fig. 3J). Specific AMO (Nasevicius and Ekker, 2000) was designed for plexinA4 mRNA. We checked its activity by examining whether it can prevent the translation of dnPlexinA4-GFP fusion protein after heat shock treatment in this transgenic embryo when AMO was injected at the one-cell stage. In transgenic embryos, heat-induced dnPlexinA4-GFP signals were detected, and signals of in situ hybridization for gfp were also detected ubiquitously. However, in AMO-injected transgenic embryos, no GFP signals were detected after heat-shock treatment. But the gfp mRNA was ubiquitously expressed similarly as in uninjected embryos (data not shown). These results justified our use of this AMO ...
high quality Contact Heat Transmission Test Apparatus | EN 702 ISO 12171-1
Contact Heat Transmission Test Apparatus, based on EN 702, specifies a test method of the determination of the contact heat transmission.
Thermal softening of Heat Resistant Super Alloys | MITSUBISHI MATERIALS CORPORATION
Ceramic end mills machine heat resistant alloys in a completely different way than cemented carbide end mills. In fact, rather than machining, it may be more accurate to describe the mechanism as scarfing. The edge of the tool welds slightly but does not suffer significant damage because ceramics have outstanding resistance to the heat generated during machining. Therefore, compared with cemented carbide end mills, ceramic end mill tool life is significantly longer. Furthermore, cemented carbide end mills commonly break in the early stages of machining, but ceramic end mills can process up to 35 m (see Fig. 1). Cemented carbide end mills are not designed for such high-efficiency cutting at high speed, but ceramic end mills are, which gives them a distinct advantage (see Fig. 2). However, when using ceramic end mills the emphasis is placed on the challenging requirements of the machine tool. This is because of the speed required to generate the heat needed to soften materials without causing ...
CLIP Weave 14 | Heat Resistant Synthetic 14 Extension Pack - African American Wigs
Brand: Vivica A. Fox Hair Collection Type of Hair: Kanekalon New Futura Synthetic Heat Resistant Fiber Approx. Hair Length: 14 Inch Clip Weave with 6 Different Widths COLOR AVAILABILITY: P4/27/30 ONLY Description: CLIPW14-V is a 14 inch clip weave pack. It consists of 9 pieces of 14 inch clip weaves varying in widths i
Silicone Coating Hi-Temp Black Heat Resistant Up To - #970-6B - National Parts Depot
Buy part #970-6B Silicone Coating Hi-Temp Black Heat Resistant Up To for your classic vehicle from National Parts Depot. Free shipping on orders over $300, fast delivery & everyday low pricing! Order now!
HOT Temperatures on the Way!
We just took a break from the heat and now, Mother Nature is going to get us again. Hotter temperatures are expected this weekend into next week. Bring on
Publication Year: 2019 / Source: 2019 v.86 - PubAg Search Results
Exposure to cold and hot temperatures is known to have negative impacts on human health. It is the aim of the present study to assess the health effects of cold and hot temperatures on the population living in the city of Isfahan. Daily data on average temperature and mortalities during the nine-year period 2008-2016 were obtained. Mortalities were stratified by causes (non-accidental, cardiovascu ...
Thermal Resistance Price, China Thermal Resistance Price Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Thermal Resistance Price - Select 2018 high quality Thermal Resistance Price products in best price from certified Chinese Thermistors manufacturers, Thermal Resistance Wire suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
WHO-HD forecast: Hot temperatures continue
Expect a high of 93 and breezy conditions on Tuesday with a low of 70. It will reach 90 Wednesday before a front brings cooler temperatures and possible storms.
Hot Temperatures Expected For Walleye Weekend - KFIZ News-Talk 1450 AM
With temperatures expected to get into the 90s this weekend a Fond du Lac Police officer has some advice for those attending Walleye Weekend at Lakeside Park. Officer Erik Foster says it is best to drink a lot of water and take a break from the walking you do in the park. He says no matter what festival you go to this summer try and find out where the first aid stations are or where emergency personnel are located. He also says if you attend bigger festivals it is good to have a buddy system in case things go late into the night and theres a chance of intoxication.. ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Pork offals (liver, tongue, ear, intestine) and meat braised in soy sauce, garlic ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Fish, sago flour. *. Cookbook: Lekor. Lekor (Malay pronunciation: [lekor]), keropok ...
General Tso's chicken
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Chicken, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar. Shaoxing wine or sherry, sugar, ... sizzling hot both in flavor and temperature". ... sesame oil, scallions, hot chili peppers, batter. Variations. ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Meat (beef, chicken, pork), seafood, or vegetables; soy sauce, vinegar, cooking oil ... DeWitt, Dave (2010). 1,001 Best Hot and Spicy Recipes. Agate Publishing. p. 428. ISBN 9781572841130. .. ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Blood. Cookbook: Blood sausage Media: Blood sausage. ... mashed potatoes and Blutwurst served hot on one plate. In Berlin, hot Blutwurst mixed together with liverwurst and potatoes is ... In the Chinese cuisines, whole coagulated blood is fried or steamed as a snack or cooked in a hot pot. In mainland China, " ... The cooked meat is cut into bite-sized pieces and soaked in a brine made of water, lime juice, cucumbers, hot pepper, and ...
Serving temperature. Hot, cold. Main ingredients. Buckwheat. Cookbook: Soba noodles Media: Soba noodles. ... Soba is also often served as a noodle soup in a bowl of hot tsuyu. The hot tsuyu in this instance is thinner than that used as ... Kake soba 掛け蕎麦: Hot soba in broth topped with thinly sliced scallion, and perhaps a slice of kamaboko (fish cake). ... Roasted buckwheat kernels may be made into a grain tea called sobacha, which may be served hot or cold. Buckwheat hulls, or ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Meat, stock, noodles, vegetables (especially potatoes), paprika, spices. ...
Traditional Chinese medicine
... neutral in terms of temperature) and hot and warm herbs are used to treat cold diseases, while cool and cold herbs are used ... The classification according to the Four Natures (四气, pinyin: sì qì): hot, warm, cool, or cold (or, ... Researcher Tu Youyou discovered that a low-temperature extraction process could isolate an effective antimalarial substance ... after initially finding high-temperature extraction unsatisfactory. The extracted substance, once subject to ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Ground beef, onions, sweetened tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ... In Quebec, Canada, sandwiches of stewed ground beef such as pain à la viande and pain fourré gumbo are usually served on hot ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Fried rice with meats, vegetables and spices, usually seasoned with sweet soy sauce ... hot or extra hot. The spiciness corresponds to the amount of sambal or chili pepper paste used. The cook might also ask how the ... Nasi goreng rawit, extra hot and spicy fried rice with cabe rawit or bird's eye chili ... Chinese people usually favor freshly cooked hot food, and in their culture it is taboo to throw away uneaten foodstuffs. As ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Skewered and grilled meats with various sauces, mainly peanut sauce. ... This tasty dish that can be found in Java and Bali, is made from grilled spicy beef udder, served with hot chilli sauce.. ... The sauce for sate ampet is hot and spicy, which is no surprise since the island's name, lombok merah, means red chili. The ... A spicy chicken satay in hot sambal sauce, served with lontong, popular in Jakarta. It was said that the dish was an adaptation ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Chicken Noodles. Variations. Pozole. *. Cookbook: Chicken soup ... Other variants of chicken soup are Spicy Indian Chicken Soup, Clear Chicken Soup, Hot and Sour and Chicken Noodle ... "Why Samgyetang Is Good for You on Hot Summer Days". Chosun Media. Retrieved June 8, 2018 ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Noodle, chicken meat, soy sauce, garlic, cooking oil (from chicken fat or vegetable ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Eggs, butter or oil. Variations. various. *. Cookbook: Omelette ... The French omelette is smoothly and briskly cooked in an extremely hot pan specially made for the purpose. The technique relies ...
Bistecca alla fiorentina
Serving temperature. hot. Main ingredients. beef meat. *. Cookbook: * Media: Bistecca alla fiorentina ... The meat - previously aged for at least two weeks in cold rooms - must be at room temperature at the time of cooking. The cut ... they must be hot) to create a brown crust and tasty, the reaction of Maillard. Finally, let the steak rest for 4/5 minutes and ... up to a temperature of about 50° at the heart; then place the steak in a grill or pan (preferably in cast iron) previously ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Stock, roux, okra, filé powder, meat or shellfish, celery, onions, bell peppers. ... Creole and Cajun gumbos are served with hot rice, which helps the dish to feed a larger number of people. Gumbo z'herbes ... The Canary Islanders also brought "a love for well-seasoned food", including use of ground cayenne pepper, a spicy hot red ... By 1800, the slave trade had introduced new foods to Louisiana, including the African vegetable okra, and hot pepper plants ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Awara dough, smoked fish, smoked chicken, corned beef, shrimp, cod, bacon, spinach ...
Usually, the coffee is boiling hot, so larger amounts would take too long to cool to a drinkable temperature. The guest ... The hot beverage that Palestinians consume is coffee - served in the morning and throughout the day. The coffee of choice is ... Arabic coffee is the most well-known hot drink usually prepared in the morning at breakfast or in the evening. It is usually ...
Serving temperature. hot. *. Cookbook: Nasi lengko. Sega Lengko (Nasi lengko in Indonesian, Lengko rice in English) is a ... The ingredients are white rice (better hot), fried tempeh, fried tofu, cucumbers (fresh raw, chopped), bean sprouts (boiled), ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Cheeses, white wine, garlic, often kirsch. *. Cookbook: Fondue ... Temperature and la religieuse. A cheese fondue mixture should be kept warm enough to keep the fondue smooth and liquid ... but not so hot that it burns. If this temperature is held until the fondue is finished there will be a thin crust of toasted ( ... "Chinese fondue") is a common name for hot pot, where meat and vegetables are cooked in a shared pot of broth, or just dip the ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Chicken, green papaya, siling labuyo leaves, ginger, onion, fish sauce. ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. flour, egg, pork, shrimp. *. Cookbook: Wonton noodles ... Piping hot bouillon is then scooped into the bowl, on top of the wonton noodles. The bouillon must be tasty, yet not so strong ... One is mami, which is a noodle soup that has egg noodles, wontons, and various vegetables in a hot broth. Another type is ... The dish is usually served in a hot broth, garnished with leafy vegetables and wonton dumplings. The types of leafy vegetables ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Chicken (cut into pieces), poached in sweet soy sauce and spices. ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Cubes of marinated chicken, pork, lamb, veal, venison or beef. ...
Serving temperature. Hot. Main ingredients. Fried fish dumpling with tofu and vegetables in peanut sauce. ...
Chicken as food
Serving temperature. Hot and cold. Food energy. (per serving). About 120 calories kcal. ... "Safe Minimum Cooking Temperatures". U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Retrieved 28 February 2014.. ... The safe minimum cooking temperature recommended by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services is 165 °F (74 °C) to prevent ... However, if frozen cooked foods are not defrosted properly and are not reheated to temperatures that kill bacteria, chances of ...
Serving temperature. Hot or cold. Main ingredients. kokum, kadam, jaggery, tamarind, tomato, lentil. ...
Climate change in New Zealand
"NZ temperature record". NIWA. 9 December 2009.. *^ "Tasman Glacier, New Zealand". Climate Hot Map. Union of Concerned ... Temperature. New Zealand annual average land surface temperature anomaly from 1909 to 2018 with a locally weighted (' ... New Zealand has reliable air temperature records going back to the early 1900s. Temperatures are taken from seven climate ... rising sea levels and higher temperatures. Such effects will significantly impact New Zealand, with higher temperatures ...
Serving temperature. Hot or cold. Main ingredients. Beetroot. Variations. Green borscht, white borscht. ... Jewish borscht may be served either hot or cold, typically with a hot boiled potato on the side. In prewar Eastern Europe it ... Individual helpings may be spiced up with minced hot peppers or garlic. Many kinds of borscht are served over halves or ... It may be served either in a soup bowl or - especially at dinner parties - as a hot beverage in a twin-handled cup, with a ...
Serving temperature. Hot or chilled. Main ingredients. Melon. Variations. Bitter melon soup. ... Some melon soups are prepared with whole pieces of melon, and others use puréed melon. Some are served hot, while others are ... Winter melon soup may be served hot, yet has been described as having a cooling effect upon the body when consumed. ...
Summer temperatures typically have highs near 90 °F (32 °C) though higher temperatures are not uncommon. The city's ... The department provides all-hour patrol services and has many special units: SWAT, Dive Team, D.A.R.E., Hot Spot, Commercial ... Houston Raceway is a motorsports complex featuring National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) races and a weekly drag racing program. ... proximity to the bay and the winds that it generates moderate the area's temperatures and ease the effects of the humidity, ...
January temperatures range from an average high of 54.0 °F to an average low of 27.4 °F. July temperatures range from an ... Independence, as well as most of the Owens Valley, has a high desert climate with hot summers and cold winters. ... The lowest recorded temperature was −5 °F (−21 °C) on January 9, 1937. There are an average of 97.7 days annually with highs of ... average high of 97.6 °F to an average low of 63.9 °F. The highest recorded temperature was 115 ºF (46 ºC) in June 2017. ...
... as well as a drop in internal temperatures, which can be around ambient temperature in some cases. For example, the internal ... A few mammals in hot environments aestivate in times of drought or extreme heat, namely the fat-tailed dwarf lemur ( ... Barnes, Brian M. (1989). "Freeze Avoidance in a Mammal: Body Temperatures Below 0 °C in an Arctic Hibernator". Science. 244 ( ... Geiser, Fritz (2004). "Metabolic Rate and Body Temperature Reduction During Hibernation and Daily Torpor". Annu. Rev. Physiol. ...
Serving temperature. hot. Main ingredients. chicken, lime, pepper, vinegar and annatto. *. Cookbook: Chicken inasal ... It is chicken marinated in a mixture of calamansi, pepper, coconut vinegar and annatto, then grilled over hot coals while ...
... which lives in hot sulfur springs. The top level has top (or apex) predators which no other species kills directly for its food ... "Turning up the head: Temperature influences the relative importance of top-down and bottom-up effects" (PDF). Ecology. 91 (10 ... although a very small amount comes from hydrothermal vents and hot springs. A gradient exists between trophic levels running ... "Seasonal seawater temperature as the major determinant for populations of culturable bacteria in the sediments of an intact ...
Richard Preston's 1995 best-selling book, The Hot Zone, dramatised the Ebola outbreak in Reston, Virginia. ... "The illness is characterised with a high temperature of about 39 °C (102 °F), haematemesis, diarrhoea with blood, retrosternal ... Preston, Richard (1995). The Hot Zone, A Terrifying True Story. Anchor Books. ISBN 978-0-385-47956-1. . OCLC 32052009. Archived ... "About The Hot Zone". Random House. Archived from the original on 7 October 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2014.. archive-url= ...
Long periods of sun exposure in hot summer weather may cause cauliflower heads to discolor with a red-purple hue. ... As weather is a limiting factor for producing cauliflower, the plant grows best in cool daytime temperatures 70-85 °F (21-29 °C ... Ideal growing temperatures are about 65 °F (18 °C) when seedlings are 25 to 35 days old. Applications of fertilizer to ... Forced air cooling to remove heat from the field during hot weather may be needed for optimal preservation. Short-term storage ...
Tropical monsoon climate
October is the hottest month no matter whether is it in the southern or northern hemisphere. This is because October is the ... Additionally, a tropical monsoon climate tends to see less variance in temperatures during the course of the year than a ... Tropical monsoon climates have monthly mean temperatures above 18 °C (64.4 °F) in every month of the year and feature wet and ...
Level of measurement
Ratios are not meaningful since 20 °C cannot be said to be "twice as hot" as 10 °C (unlike temperature in Kelvins), nor can ... Examples include temperature with the Celsius scale, which has two defined points (the freezing and boiling point of water at ... The Kelvin temperature scale is a ratio scale because it has a unique, non-arbitrary zero point called absolute zero. ...
They were observed at regular intervals over a period of one year, and with an increase in temperature, the number of ... Black wildebeest are mainly active during the early morning and late afternoon, preferring to rest during the hottest part of ... During cool weather, they lay down to rest, but in hotter conditions they rested while standing up. ... The black wildebeest can maintain its body temperature within a small range in spite of large fluctuations in external ...
Sean Paul - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
... o Hot 100 single do ano, e pop single do ano por seu sucesso "Temperature". Ele também ganhou o American Music Award com a ... "Baby Girl (Don't Cry)" · "Infiltrate" · "Hot Gal Today" · "Deport Them" · "Gimme the Light" · "Get Busy" · "Like Glue" · "I'm ... Empurrado pelo sucesso dos singles "Gimme the Light" e "Get Busy", que alcançaram o Top 100 da Billboard Hot, o álbum foi um ... "Temperature", que lhe rendeu uma certificado de música digital mais vendida, ultrapassando a incrível marca de 1 milhão de ...
For example, at 55 °C, among the hottest ever recorded surface temperatures, this concentration would be 104 mg of water per ... Again, that's at roughly room temperature. Since the vapor pressure of water is temperature dependent, and temperature is also ... In higher temperatures, the dew point could be higher, but in reality this doesn't happen as much higher temperatures don't ... At this temperature and pressure, water can be approximated as an ideal gas, which means we can use the ideal gas law (pV=nRT) ...
This masking of flavor is the reason that low-quality and old sake is often served hot. There are gradations of temperature ... Typically, hot sake is a winter drink, and high-grade sake is not drunk hot, because the flavors and aromas will be lost. ... This is very common for hot sake, where the flask is heated in hot water and the small cups ensure that the sake does not get ... In Japan, sake is served chilled (reishu 冷酒), at room temperature (jōon 常温 or hiya 冷や), or heated (atsukan 熱燗), depending on ...
Hot springs and deserts may also be suitable locations for a tighter, faster-rotating steam devil to form. The phenomenon can ... Temperature tends to decrease and moisture content to increase in the immediate vicinity of a tornado. ... They form when a strong convective updraft is formed near the ground on a hot day. If there is enough low level wind shear, the ... For example, an increase in the sea surface temperature of a source region (e.g. Gulf of Mexico and Mediterranean Sea) ...
... produces the second-hottest-known natural flame (after carbon subnitride) with a temperature of over 4,525 °C (8,177 ° ... J. B. Conway; R. H. Wilson Jr.; A. V. Grosse (1953). "THE TEMPERATURE OF THE CYANOGEN-OXYGEN FLAME". Journal of the American ...
List of Dragon Ball GT episodes
The sun seems unusually hot, and they discover that it is because of the four-star dragon, Nuova Shenron, who reveals that he ... He can raise his body temperature to even greater levels than the surface of the sun, which makes punching him out of the ...
After coming indoors, clothes, gear and pets should be checked for ticks. Clothes can be put into a hot dryer for 10 ... with warming climatic temperatures as the main driver of increased speed of spread. ...
Dresden Generating Station
... while the three other cooling towers are used for the supplementary cooling of water in the hot cooling canal. The three hot ... The dump valves closed, increasing the back pressure and slowing the inlet flow, while the cooling temperatures caused further ... Prior to 2000, supplemental cooling was provided via spray canals (spray systems installed in both the hot and cold (return) ... cooling canal as necessary in order to maintain discharge water temperatures within permitted levels, ...
then the bath is cooled to zero temperature in a finite time, which implies a valuation of the third law. It is apparent from ... heat will flow spontaneously from a hot source to a cold sink. ... No refrigerator can cool a system to absolute zero temperature ... No process is possible whose sole result is the transfer of heat from a body of lower temperature to a body of higher ... It is impossible by any procedure, no matter how idealized, to reduce any assembly to absolute zero temperature in a finite ...
The carbon is then subjected to lower temperatures (250-600 °C). It is believed that the temperature activates the carbon at ... Physical activation: The source material is developed into activated carbon using hot gases. Air is then introduced to burn out ... The gas may then be desorbed when subjected to higher temperatures and either combusted to do work or in the case of hydrogen ... Carbonization: Material with carbon content is pyrolyzed at temperatures in the range 600-900 °C, usually in an inert ...
"hot" fusion which takes place naturally within stars, under immense pressure and at temperatures of millions of degrees, and ... and the cell temperature was stable at around 30 °C. But then, at some point (in some of the experiments), the temperature rose ... an electrolysis cell operating steadily at one temperature transitions to operating at a higher temperature with no increase in ... These high temperature phases would last for two days or more and would repeat several times in any given experiment once they ...
Some reptiles exhibit temperature-dependent sex determination (TDSD), in which the incubation temperature determines whether a ... Spotila, J.R.; O'Connor, M.P.; Dodson, P.; Paladino, F.V. (1991). "Hot and cold running dinosaurs: body size, metabolism and ... While the optimum temperature is often encountered when the animal is active, the low basal metabolism makes body temperature ... Preferred temperatures versus optimal performance temperatures of lizards. Evolution No. 4, vol 5: pp. 1098-1115 PDF ...
Hot pressing is a popular method for obtaining densified UHTC materials that relies upon both high temperatures and pressures ... Hot pressing temperature, pressure, heating rate, reaction atmosphere, and holding times are all factors that affect the ... Ultra-high-temperature ceramics (UHTCs) are a class of refractory ceramics that offer excellent stability at temperatures ... In order to achieve ,99% densification from hot pressing, temperatures of 1800-2000 °C and pressures of 30 MPa or greater are ...
The pasta is then dried at a high temperature.. Factory-manufactured. The ingredients to make dried pasta usually include ... frequently containing ground beef or pork and diced hot dogs and ham. It is spiced with some soy sauce, heavy quantities of ... Roos, Yrjö H (2010). "Glass Transition Temperature and its Relevance in Food Processing". Annual Review of Food Science and ... In contrast to fresh pasta, dried pasta needs to be dried at a low temperature for several days to evaporate all the moisture ...
... it is hot and humid with an average temperature of 42 Degrees with hot sandy winds. The temperature sometimes reaches 46 ... However just before monsoon it becomes swelteringly hot along with humidity. In Winter, it's 5 to 15 degrees, which is quite ...
The mashing process activates these enzymes by soaking the grain in water at a controlled temperature. In general, the hotter a ... which are moistened and kilned at temperatures around 55-65 °C in a rotating drum before being heated to higher temperatures ... Dried at temperatures sufficiently low to preserve all the brewing enzymes in the grain, it is light in color and, today, the ... Quite high in nitrogen, 6-row malt is used as a "hot" base malt for rapid, thorough conversion in a mash, as well as for extra ...
At high temperatures used to prepare glass, the material is a viscous liquid. The structure of glass forms into an amorphous ... Hot pressing provides higher density material. Chemical vapor deposition can place a film of a ceramic on another material. ... High-temperature superconductivity Cryogenic receiver front-end (CRFE) RF and microwave filter systems for mobile phone base ... Thermodynamics is concerned with heat and temperature and their relation to energy and work. It defines macroscopic variables, ...
... such as an increase in ocean temperature. There have been multiple studies suggesting an increase in ocean temperature will ... "Exotic plant species invade hot spots of native plant diversity". Ecological Monographs. 69: 25-46. doi:10.1890/0012-9615(1999) ... These responses would most likely be due to temperature and climate change, or the presence of native species whether it be ... For example, Hua and Hwang proposed that organisms in a ballast tank of a ship traveling from the temperature zone through ...
The plant is native to tropical Asia. Growth is slow in low temperatures resulting in low yields. Flowering is induced ... Basella alba grows well under full sunlight in hot, humid climates and in areas lower than 500 metres (1,600 ft) above sea ...
2009 in science
"Giant boid snake from the paleocene neotropics reveals hotter past equatorial temperatures". Nature. 457 (7230): 715-718. ... Phys.org) 27 March - Iranian researches found that drinking hot tea causes oesophageal cancer. 3 April - Dr. Yinfa Ma develops ...
Hot questions of temperature bias | Nature
This discontinuity is 40% as large as the century-long upward trend in temperatures, so correcting for it is likely to change ... The record of global sea-surface temperatures spanning the past century provides key evidence for global warming and is much ... C in global sea-surface temperature in 1945 - that coincides with a significant change in the shipboard instrumentation used to ... An unseen measurement bias has been identified in global records of sea surface temperature. The discrepancy will need ...
High-temperature electronics? That's hot - Purdue University News
... most electronics only function within a certain temperature range. By blending two organic materials together, researchers at ... A new organic plastic material allows electronics to function at extreme temperatures without sacrificing performance ... "A lot of applications are limited by the fact that these plastics will break down at high temperatures, and this could be a way ... Although high temperature operation (i.e., beyond 150 Celsius) is of great interest for many electronics applications, it is ...
Hot and Cold: Extreme Temperature Safety
Its essential to know what health concerns you may face, and how to avoid any temperature-related problems. ... Extreme heat temperatures. First, note that the temperature reading on a thermometer is not necessarily the temperature that ... Hot and Cold: Extreme Temperature Safety. Medically reviewed by Elaine Luo, MD on January 10, 2017. - Written by the Healthline ... If the air temperature reads 85˚F (29˚C), but theres zero humidity, the temperature will actually feel like its 78˚F (26 ˚C ...
ISDH: Automatic Hot Water Temperature Control Valves
Hot Techniques for Cutting High-Temperature Alloys
But the latest aircraft engines are designed to work at even higher temperatures and pressures in order to achieve higher ... The primary application for HRSAs is hot zone turbine components for both aircraft and power generation-parts like blades, ... Cutting HSRAs at any speed generates temperatures too high for normal tungsten-carbide substrates, explained LMT Onsruds ... "the first step is setting the right speed to raise the temperature in the cutting zone to create a certain degree of ...
Taylor Temperature Sensing Hot Chocolate Spoons | Williams Sonoma
The red BPA-free plastic spoon turns white in temperatures over 145°… ... simply slip the spoon into a cup of hot cocoa to determine if its safe to start sipping. ... This clever temperature-sensing spoon is designed with kids safety in mind - ... This clever temperature-sensing spoon is designed with kids safety in mind - simply slip the spoon into a cup of hot cocoa to ...
Hot yoga's high temperature may not have any health benefits | New Scientist
... a study suggests that the high temperature used in hot yoga classes may not have any useful effect ... This article appeared in print under the title: Hot yogas high temperature may not have any health benefits ... However, hot yoga was no better for this than doing it at room temperature. ... But hot yoga, which typically involves going through a strenuous 26 poses over 90 minutes in a warm and humid room, also makes ...
Antarctic base records hottest temperature ever - Reuters
A research base in the Antarctic has recorded the hottest temperature ever for the continent amid rising concern about global ... GENEVA/BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - A research base in the Antarctic has recorded the hottest temperature ever for the continent ... The temperature was recorded at the Argentine base on Thursday. Scientists believe global warming has caused so much melting at ... The Esperanza base on the northern tip of the Antarctic peninsula recorded a temperature of 18.3 degrees Celsius (64.94 degrees ...
The Hottest 'Low' Temperature Ever | Live Science
Oman just blasted past a 24-hour minimum-temperature record, beating the previous "highest low," which was also set in Oman. ... The hottest temperature ever recorded on the Earths surface was 134 degrees F (56.7 degrees C), in Furnace Creek Ranch in ... Oman, a hot and dry country located on the southeastern tip of the Arabian Peninsula (south of Saudi Arabia and east of Yemen) ... Hottest Night in Recorded History Just Logged in Oman. By Rafi Letzter 29 June 2018. ...
Editorial: Hotter temperatures can't be dismissed | Newsday
Editorial: Hotter temperatures cant be dismissed. A child wears a wet towel on his head as he cools off in a fountain set up ... Even if the climate were unchanging, there would be hotter and colder years within the normal variance of temperatures. But ... Setting five times as many daily high-temperature records as cold temperatures records nationally in 12 months? Thats not ... And seeing a 15-year period encompass the 10 hottest years on record, worldwide, as figures to be released this month are ...
hotter temperatures Archives - NewsBlaze News
Hottest temperature ever heads science to Big Bang - Reuters
... hot enough to break matter down into the kind of soup that existed microseconds after the birth of the universe. ... Scientists have created the hottest temperature ever in the lab -- 4 trillion degrees Celsius -- ... WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Scientists have created the hottest temperature ever in the lab - 4 trillion degrees Celsius - hot ... "How hot is it?" he asked. In comparison, "The predicted melting temperature of protons and neutrons is 2 trillion degrees. The ...
What temperature is too hot to walk my dog? - The Sun
HOT DOGS What temperature is too hot to walk my dog?. *Claudia Aoraha ... Its important to keep your pup healthy and safe during the hot weatherCredit: Alamy. What temperature is safe to walk my dog? ... If the pavement is too hot for your hand, then its too hot for your dogs pawCredit: Getty Images - Getty. How can you keep ... If you place the back of your hand on the pavement and it feels hot - then its too hot for your dogs paw. ...
How to Adjust Hot Water Tank Temperature | DoItYourself.com
Controlling your hot water tank temperature can help to prolong the life of your tank, but it can sometimes be more difficult ... How to Adjust Hot Water Tank Temperature How to Adjust Hot Water Tank Temperature ... Controlling your hot water tank temperature can help to prolong the life of your tank, but it can sometimes be more difficult ... Check the temperature of your hot water, and make any further adjustments to get the correct setting. ...
Majestic Colorado Aspens Devastated By Hotter Temperatures - Redorbit
The elevated temperatures dry out the surface soil and overburden the trees´ water-transport system. Co-author and Carnegie ... The drought of 2002 was one such example, with increased summer temperatures responsible for the loss of water in the top soil ... Climate data the team looked over showed the elevated temperatures were part of a long-term increasing trend they believe was ... "Since there is a very strong upward trend in Colorado summer temperatures, they could link tree death to climate change," added ...
White Hot: Measuring Color Temperature - Circuit Cellar
He then details his project that uses a color-light-to-digital sensor to measure the color temperature of a light source. ... In this article, Jeff discusses the math and science behind color temperature. ... blacksmiths already knew how to read the temperature of a heated piece of metal by its color emissions. ... Centuries before the science of color temperature was understood, ...
Recommended temperature settings for hot water heaters
Each four degree reduction in water temperature could save you around three to five per cent in energy costs. ... you can reduce your carbon footprint and save money by adjusting your boilers hot water thermostat. ... Test water temperature. Water heater thermostats are not very accurate and there is some heat loss between the hot water tank ... Turn the knob until the arrow points to the desired temperature. Drain off some hot water to get the heater working again, and ...
What Temperature Should a Hot Tub Be?
Its even nicer when the relaxation can be done in the comfort of a hot tub that you or your friend(s) own(s). ... Physical conditions can impact how hot your hot tub should be. Extremely hot temperatures in tubs need to be avoided by ... Part of hot tub safety is knowing and maintaining the proper hot tub temperature. Below is a short but simple guide to what ... Highest Temperature. Hot tub temperatures can feel higher or lower than the thermostat setting based on the individuals ...
How to Adjust the Water Temperature of a Hot Water Boiler | eHow
How to Adjust the Water Temperature of a Hot Water Boiler How to Adjust the Water Temperature of a Hot Water Boiler By Jack ... Adjust the water temperature of a hot water boiler. (Image: hot tap image by pncphotos from Fotolia.com). Hot water is a ... Sometimes the temperature of the water coming out of the faucet or shower is too hot or not hot enough. The United States ... If you have a gas hot water heater, first locate the temperature control. On many gas water heaters, the temperature control is ...
Yup, it's hot: Southcentral Alaska communities set temperature records - Anchorage Daily News
Anchorage has seen 32 days this season with official temperatures of 70 and above, putting this season fourth in the number of ... Yup, its hot: Southcentral Alaska communities set temperature records * Author: Laurel Andrews. ... "Out of 64 years of climate information for Anchorage, only 17 years have had a day with temperatures 80 degrees or warmer." ... In Seward, eight record-high temperatures have been recorded since June 1. The city is experiencing its fifth warmest summer on ...
FUNNY: temperature too hot for Poch | Videos | Express.co.uk
Hotter than Ibiza: Britain to bask in 30C temperatures
Hotter temperatures extend growing season for peatland plants | ORNL
... with temperature having little impact. The teams experimental study found, however, that elevated temperatures trigger plant ... "This is the first time weve been able to confirm the response of vegetation to this range of temperatures, which exceed what ... Plants in the warmest of several study areas, heated 16.2 degrees Fahrenheit above ambient temperature, remained green and ... Warming global temperatures may not affect carbon stored deep in northern peatlands ...
Indonesia Coral - Impacts of hotter water temperatures
... Details EurekaAlert, Wildlife Conservation Society 19 August 2010 ... The event is the result of a rise in sea surface temperatures in the Andaman Sea â€" an area that includes the coasts of ... According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrations Coral Hotspots website, temperatures in the region peaked in ... is an indication of stress caused by environmental triggers such as sea surface temperature fluctuations. Depending on many ...
France sweats through hottest day on record as temperature surpasses 45C
France has broken its all-time record temperature amid a punishing heatwave that has spread across Europe killing several ... With temperatures due to continue soaring on Saturday, traffic restrictions have been imposed in several French cities, ... The average temperature had hit almost 35C on Wednesday, already a record for the month of June. ... France has broken its all-time record temperature amid a punishing heatwave that has spread across Europe killing several ...
Bear takes break in California amid hot temperatures - The Washington Post
Uniformly hot nightside temperatures on short-period gas giants | Nature Astronomy
Here we show that the nightside effective temperatures of a sample of 12 hot Jupiters are clustered around 1,100 K, with a ... Phase curves from a sample of 12 hot Jupiters show that this type of planet keeps the same nightside temperature (~1,100 K) ... Thermal flux from the nightside of several hot Jupiters has been detected, meaning energy is transported from day to night in ... The clustering is not predicted by cloud-free atmospheric circulation models2-4. This result can be explained if most hot ...
The Temperature Rises in Europe's Latest Hot Spot
The Right Internal Temperature for Hot Dogs | Kitchn
... there are some food safety guidelines to keep in mind when youre cooking hot dogs. Kitchen Fact: Hot dogs should be heated ... Image credit: Henry Chen) Hot dogs are sold fully cooked, so do you need to grill or heat them? While they are generally safe ... Once heated, keep the hot dogs at 140°F or warmer to keep the food out of the "Danger Zone," the range of temperatures where ... If you are leaving the hot dogs out at room temperature, they should sit out no more than two hours (one hour if the ...
Hot new manufacturing tool: A temperature-controlled microbe
Some enzymes will only work at lower temperatures. ... more about:. »Biofuels »Caldicellulosiruptor bescii »Hot microbes » ... Hot new manufacturing tool: A temperature-controlled microbe. 17.04.2012. Many manufacturing processes rely on microorganisms ... Originally isolated from hot marine sediments, the hyperthermophile Pyrococcus furiosus grows best at temperatures around 100ºC ... on April 17 have found a way to control a heat-loving microbe with a temperature switch: it makes a product at low temperatures ...
Degrees2018Highest TemperatureHighClimateWorld MeteorologicMaximum temperatureScientistsEarth'sSurface temperaturesMean temperaturesHeatwaveProtons and neutronsHeatRoom temperatureColder temperaturesThermometerWithstandAverageColdColdest temperatureImpactsCelsiusRisesWarmer temperaturesReutersAnomaliesHigherWeatherResearchersSouth AfricaForecastCaliforniaFahrenheitExtremesReliablyExtremely hot temperaturesLowerAmbientWater heaterCoolerScientist1913Records19792016Australia'sGlobal temperatureHumidityRecord-breaking temRange of temperaturesExtremeThermostatHumidRisingMinimum temperatureEnvironmental temperaturesSummerHeaterBody temperatures
- The hottest temperature recorded on earth is not as hot as previously thought, after the World Meteorological Organisation declared the phenomenal 58 degrees recorded in Libya 90 years ago was wrong. (smh.com.au)
- Instead, the sizzling title goes to Death Valley, California, where in July 1913, a top temperature of 56.7 degrees was recorded. (smh.com.au)
- That compares to Australia's highest recorded temperature of 50.7 degrees, recorded in Oodnadatta, South Australia, in January 1960. (smh.com.au)
- The Esperanza base on the northern tip of the Antarctic peninsula recorded a temperature of 18.3 degrees Celsius (64.94 degrees Fahrenheit), the highest on record, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Friday. (reuters.com)
- Temperatures in the town, which is weathering a miserable heat wave, peaked at 121.6 degrees Fahrenheit (49.8 degrees Celsius) during the day, according to Weather Underground . (livescience.com)
- That's just shy of the Omani record-high temperature of 123.4 degrees F (50.8 degrees C), set on May 30, 2017. (livescience.com)
- But anyone in Quriyat hoping for an evening respite from the extreme heat would have been disappointed: Temperatures fell to a low of just 108.7 degrees F (42.6 degrees C). That's a world record: the highest "low" temperature ever recorded in history. (livescience.com)
- The hottest temperature ever recorded on the Earth's surface was 134 degrees F (56.7 degrees C), in Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley, California, on July 10, 1913, according to the World Meteorological Association. (livescience.com)
- Exceeding the average annual temperature over the past 117 years by 3 degrees? (newsday.com)
- WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Scientists have created the hottest temperature ever in the lab - 4 trillion degrees Celsius - hot enough to break matter down into the kind of soup that existed microseconds after the birth of the universe. (reuters.com)
- In comparison, "The predicted melting temperature of protons and neutrons is 2 trillion degrees. (reuters.com)
- The temperatures at the core of a typical type-2 supernova is 2 billion degrees," he said. (reuters.com)
- The center of our sun is 50 million degrees, iron melts at 1,800 degrees and the average temperature of the universe is now 0.7 of a degree above absolute zero. (reuters.com)
- Never make your water temperature lower than around 131 degrees Fahrenheit because temperatures below this amount can encourage the build up of bacteria, and may lead to additional scaling or corrosion of your tank. (doityourself.com)
- The official recommendation for hot tub temperature is 40 degrees C. Settings higher than 40 degrees C are believed to raise health risks because such high temperatures raise individual body temperature to levels higher than the body can tolerate safely. (ehow.co.uk)
- The 104 degree recommendation has led to most hot tub manufacturers putting controls on their hot tubs that do not allow the temperature to rise much, if at all, above 40 degrees C. Some manufacturers recommend not placing the temperature above 38.9 degrees C and claim that this temperature usually is satisfactory to most hot tub users. (ehow.co.uk)
- Regardless of what the water temperature feels like, and no matter what the tub thermostat reads, hot tubs should never reach over 43.3 degrees C. At this temperature, the physical safety threshold is easily crossed. (ehow.co.uk)
- Similarly, those with heart conditions and hypertension should turn down their hot tub thermostats a bit from the recommended 40 degrees C because heat will raise blood pressure. (ehow.co.uk)
- If an individual is on a medication or has eaten something that affects blood pressure, or if the individual has been drinking alcohol, the temperature of the hot tub should be set at a temperature lower than the recommended 40 degrees C. (ehow.co.uk)
- Not everyone's internal body temperature is 37 degrees C. It is normal to run a degree or two higher or lower than this average. (ehow.co.uk)
- Some people may feel like 37.8 degrees C is too hot, while some may not feel warm until the temperature in the tub is at the 104 degree recommendation. (ehow.co.uk)
- The United States Department of Energy recommends that hot water should be a minimum of 120 degrees coming out of the tap and 130 degrees Fahrenheit at the tank. (ehow.com)
- If the temperature is well above 120 degrees, you can safely adjust your hot water heater downward slightly before testing again to be sure you maintain the recommended minimum temperature at the tap. (ehow.com)
- The U.S. Department of Energy's recommended minimum tank temperature is 130 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent the growth of any bacteria. (ehow.com)
- As of Wednesday, Anchorage had seen 32 days this season with official temperatures 70 degrees and higher, putting this season fourth in the number of 70-degree-and-warmer days since recordkeeping began in April 1952. (adn.com)
- Tuesday's high temperature was later revised to 78 degrees. (adn.com)
- Out of 64 years of climate information for Anchorage, only 17 years have had a day with temperatures 80 degrees or warmer. (adn.com)
- Plants in the warmest of several study areas, heated 16.2 degrees Fahrenheit above ambient temperature, remained green and functional up to six weeks longer. (ornl.gov)
- According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Coral Hotspots website, temperatures in the region peaked in late May of 2010, when the temperature reached 34 degrees Celsiusâ€"4 degrees Celsius higher than long term averages for the area. (enn.com)
- Heat wave continued to sweep through most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Saturday, with Hisar recording the hottest temperature at 43 degrees Celsius. (hindustantimes.com)
- Among other places in Haryana, Bhiwani recorded maximum temperature at 42.8 degrees Celsius, Karnal at 42 degrees Celsius, four notches above the normal and Narnaul at 41 degrees Celsius, a MeT department report said today. (hindustantimes.com)
- In Punjab, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded the maximum temperature at 41.2 degrees Celsius, 41.6 degrees Celsius and 41 degrees Celsius respectively. (hindustantimes.com)
- Scientists have however long known that temperatures can be as much as 1.8 to 5.4 degrees Fahrenheit warmer in urban areas than surrounding vegetated areas - this is known as the "urban heat island" effect. (csmonitor.com)
- The findings published in the journal Environmental Research Letters state that urban heat island effect occurs primarily during the day when impervious urban surfaces absorb more solar radiation than the surrounding vegetated areas, resulting in a few degrees temperature difference. (csmonitor.com)
- The researchers actually found that averaged over the continental United States, areas covered in part by solid surfaces had a summer temperature 1.9 degrees celsius higher than the surrounding rural areas. (csmonitor.com)
- RHIC physicists have measured the temperature of this quark-gluon plasma, finding it reaches around 7.2 trillion degrees Fahrenheit (4 trillion degrees Celsius). (livescience.com)
- SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China's national average temperature hit 22 degrees Celsius (71.6 Fahrenheit) this summer, the highest since 1961, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Tuesday. (reuters.com)
- The deaths occurred in three districts of the poor northern state, where temperatures have hovered around 45 degrees Celsius in recent days, senior health official Vijay Kumar told AFP. (ewn.co.za)
- Average surface temperatures over land and the oceans in 2016 were 0.94 degrees Celsius above the 20th-century average of 13.9C. (ewn.co.za)
- The highest temperature ever created in a laboratory experiment: Scientists, using the Z machine, have produced plasma at temperatures of more than 2 billion degrees Kelvin (3.6 billion degrees F) at Sandia National Laboratories, located near Albuquerque New Mexico . (answers.com)
- Dasht-e Lut, a desert in southeastern Iran, was identified as having the hottest surface temperature ( not air temperature) of 70.7 degrees C (159 degrees F) This was only during the years of study in 2004 and 2005 by MODIS, which is a satellite remote sensor, mounted on NASA satellites Aqua and Terra. (answers.com)
- PHOENIX (AP) - The temperature in Phoenix hit a whopping 115 degrees Tuesday, making it the city's hottest day so far this year. (courthousenews.com)
- They included drinking water before becoming thirsty, cutting down on time in the sun, avoiding outdoor activity in the afternoon, and finding shade if being outdoors is necessary, as the ground could be anywhere from 40 to 60 degrees hotter, the weather service said. (courthousenews.com)
- In Los Angeles, the average temperature this year is 65.5 degrees, more than 3 degrees warmer than average. (scpr.org)
- Scientists speculate that the core of Jupiter may reach temperatures of 35,700 degrees Celsius, which is hotter than the temperature on the sun's surface. (reference.com)
- The highest recorded temperature on Jupiter is 40 degrees Fahrenheit, near the planet's equator. (reference.com)
- Jupiter is actually very cold averaging temperatures of minus 128 degrees to minus 148 degrees Celsius at the surface of the atmosphere. (reference.com)
- The hottest temperature on Saturn is estimated to be 11,700 degrees Celsius at its core. (reference.com)
- The highest temperatures on Jupiter are found in its core and are estimated at over 60,000 degrees Fahrenheit. (reference.com)
- Although the temperature on Jupiter varies from its core to its outer atmosphere, the average climatic temperature on this planet is -234 degrees Fahrenhei. (reference.com)
- Venus has surface temperatures of up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit because it is much closer to the sun and has a thick, high-pressure atmosphere. (reference.com)
- And dogs can experience heat exhaustion when their body temperature hits just 103 degrees. (hillspet.com)
- It's generally safe to leave your dog in the car for a maximum of five minutes, and when the outside temperature is above freezing and below 70 degrees. (hillspet.com)
- If you notice a dog left in a car under dangerous conditions - keeping in mind that an outside temperature of just 70 degrees is hot enough for the inside of a car to become dangerous - your first step should be to locate the owner of the car. (hillspet.com)
- The dew point which in our world generally starts when we can get return water temperatures back to our condensing boiler at 134 degrees. (thisoldhouse.com)
- The hottest temperature ever recorded in Antartica was measured on Thursday at a remote station on the continent's northern tip, scientists said.The temperature was nearly 65 degrees at Argentina's Esperanza research station, scientists from the country's meteorological agency said. (wyff4.com)
- That surpassed the previous record of 63.5 degrees set March 24, 2015, at the same location.This means that the temperature at Esperanza was practically identical to what was felt Thursday afternoon in San Diego.To be fair, it is summer in the Southern Hemisphere. (wyff4.com)
- The Antarctic region is heating up rapidly due to heat-trapping gas pollution from humans.The Antarctic peninsula where the record-breaking temperature was measured is one of the fastest-warming places on earth, with temperatures rising nearly 5.4 degrees in just the last 50 years, according to the WMO. (wyff4.com)
- The temperature was nearly 65 degrees at Argentina's Esperanza research station, scientists from the country's meteorological agency said. (wyff4.com)
- The Antarctic peninsula where the record-breaking temperature was measured is one of the fastest-warming places on earth, with temperatures rising nearly 5.4 degrees in just the last 50 years, according to the WMO. (wyff4.com)
- Saunas are small rooms with varying degrees of moisture, kept at high temperatures, designed to induce perspiration. (answers.com)
- Russia experienced the largest variation from average, with its northern parts seeing January to October temperatures about 4 degrees C higher in several places, it said. (csmonitor.com)
- The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development said global average temperatures could rise by 3-6 degrees Celsius by the end of the century if governments failed to contain emissions, bringing unprecedented destruction as glaciers melt, sea levels rise and small island states are submerged. (csmonitor.com)
- Boston was not only the hottest city in the country to-day, but set a new mark to-night when the official report from the Weather Bureau at 8 o'clock gave a temperature reading of 91 degrees, which said Forecaster Smith, was beyond doubt a record figure for that hour in Boston. (nytimes.com)
- Slightly cooler temperatures are expected Thursday, perhaps by 1 to 2 degrees. (timesheraldonline.com)
- Meteo France said a temperature of 40.6 degrees Celsius (105 degrees Fahrenheit) had been recorded in the capital at around 1:40 p.m. (firstpost.com)
- Anticipated highs in the valley areas ranged between 98 and 107 degrees as downtown Los Angeles was expected to see temperatures in the mid-90s. (latimes.com)
- Temperatures were expected to gradually dip in the coming week, but only by a 'couple of degrees any given day,' Sweet said. (latimes.com)
- Minimum temperatures for Saturday morning of about 24 degrees for coastal Sydney suburbs will most likely feel several degrees warmer. (smh.com.au)
- For Canberra, temperatures may reach 40 degrees for four days in a row, a series not recorded before for the nation's capital. (smh.com.au)
- The only other spot to set a new all-time high temperature was Moffett Field (106 degrees on Friday), according to the National Weather Service. (nbcbayarea.com)
- If there's still a little discrepancy I'll compensate by adjusting the evohome target temperature a few degrees. (automatedhome.co.uk)
- It is taking-off when the air around the balloon has a temperature of 10 degrees Celsius and a density of 1.29 kgm^-3. (physicsforums.com)
- Woodland Hills in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley recorded a high of 121 degrees Fahrenheit, the highest temperature ever recorded in Los Angeles County, the Daily Breeze reports. (newser.com)
- One particularly shocking stat: San Luis Obispo, on the state's Central Coast, recorded a high of 120 degrees Sunday, its highest temperature ever, per the Tribune . (newser.com)
- Aug. 8, 2018-A futuristic experiment simulating warmer environmental conditions has shown that peatland vegetation responds to higher temperatures with an earlier and longer growth period. (ornl.gov)
- In 2018 there were 430 stations across the globe that records the hottest all-time temperature and just 40 that recorded the coldest all-time temperature for that location. (forbes.com)
- What if you compile the past 8 years, from 2011 to 2018 worth of temperature records: 2,529 hottest versus 226 coldest temperatures on record. (forbes.com)
- East Asia experienced an unusually warm spring in 2018, when exceptionally high surface air temperatures were recorded in large areas of Asia, such as northern China, southern China, and Japan," says Dr Kaiqiang Deng, a climate researcher who works with Prof. Song Yang in the School of Atmospheric Sciences, Sun Yat-sen University, and the first author of a paper recently published in Atmospheric and Oceanic Science Letters . (scienceblog.com)
- Dr Deng and his collaborators investigated the spatiotemporal patterns of the record-breaking temperatures in East Asia in spring 2018 based on ERA-Interim reanalysis data. (scienceblog.com)
- High-temperature electronics? (purdue.edu)
- We created a material that can operate at high temperatures by blending two polymers together. (purdue.edu)
- One of the plastics transports the charge, and the other can withstand high temperatures," said Aristide Gumyusenge, lead author of the paper and graduate researcher at Purdue. (purdue.edu)
- A lot of applications are limited by the fact that these plastics will break down at high temperatures, and this could be a way to change that," said Brett Savoie , an assistant professor of chemical engineering at Purdue. (purdue.edu)
- Solar cells, transistors and sensors all need to tolerate large temperature changes in many applications, so dealing with stability issues at high temperatures is really critical for polymer-based electronics. (purdue.edu)
- The researchers will conduct further experiments to figure out what the true temperature limits are (high and low) for their new material. (purdue.edu)
- Although high temperature operation (i.e., beyond 150 Celsius) is of great interest for many electronics applications, it is fundamentally challenging to achieve stable carrier mobilities for organic semiconductors at elevated temperatures. (purdue.edu)
- We report a general strategy to make thermally-stable high-temperature semiconducting polymer blends, composed of interpenetrating semicrystalline conjugated polymers and high glass-transition temperature insulating matrices. (purdue.edu)
- High environmental temperatures can be dangerous to your body. (healthline.com)
- As with high temperatures, don't rely solely on the thermometer reading of environmental air for gauging cold temperatures. (healthline.com)
- But heat-shrink holders won't work for ceramic tools, explained Mickelson, because they run at such high temperatures that the heat affects the hole in the holder. (sme.org)
- To find out if this is true, 33 middle-aged adults who were previously sedentary did a three-month course of either hot yoga or similarly high-intensity yoga at a normal temperature. (newscientist.com)
- Setting five times as many daily high-temperature records as cold temperatures records nationally in 12 months? (newsday.com)
- What happens if I walk my dog in high temperatures? (thesun.co.uk)
- If you are trying to turn the temperature up, make sure that the heat does not get so high that you risk scalding yourself under the hot water. (doityourself.com)
- Anchorage: new record high temperature set at 77°F. Old record was 74° from 1997. (adn.com)
- In Seward, eight record-high temperatures have been recorded since June 1. (adn.com)
- But Gulkana, north of Glennallen, and Talkeetna have seen only one record high temperature each this summer. (adn.com)
- The authors of a study appearing in mBio®, the online open-access journal of the American Society for Microbiology, on April 17 have found a way to control a heat-loving microbe with a temperature switch: it makes a product at low temperatures but not at high temperatures. (innovations-report.com)
- Like other hyperthermophiles, P. furiosus' enzymes are stable at the high temperatures that facilitate many industrial processes, making it a well-used tool in biotechnology and manufacturing. (innovations-report.com)
- A total of 55 weather stations posted record high daily temperatures, said Xinhua, citing Zhang Zuqiang, director of the emergency relief and public service department of China Meteorological Administration. (reuters.com)
- Zhang said the high temperatures in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River were damaging to crops. (reuters.com)
- Thus far in 2019 33 temperature stations in the southern hemisphere (where it is currently summer) have experienced all-time record high temperatures. (forbes.com)
- We discuss the risks of hot weather and high body temperature during pregnancy, and how to beat the heat. (nct.org.uk)
- Don't worry though, a woman's body temperature wouldn't typically be so high without a fever or exercising in a very hot and humid climate before acclimatising. (nct.org.uk)
- We have known for a while now that diving capacity in many ectotherms, such as marine and freshwater turtles, sea snakes and iguanas is generally compromised at high water temperatures. (abc.net.au)
- Those in the 28-degree tanks stayed down for eight minutes, while the high-temperature crocs surfaced after only 2.3 minutes. (abc.net.au)
- The most likely places on Earth for record high temperatures are in depressions in desert regions, especially in areas below sea level. (answers.com)
- It did however, measure very high mean average temperatures while it operated. (answers.com)
- Fresno, Sacramento and San Francisco all have had record high average temperatures for the first eight months of the year. (scpr.org)
- I was looking into high efficiency 90%+ AFUE gas boiler model when one plumber suggested that I will not get the efficiency from those boiler because hot water baseboard use high temperature water. (thisoldhouse.com)
- The high efficiency condensing boilers rely on hot water that is approx. (thisoldhouse.com)
- Other hydrides are predicted to superconduct at even higher temperatures, and insights into hydride systems could help to guide the search for high-temperature superconductors at ambient pressures. (natureasia.com)
- Hot tubs, sometimes known by the trade name Jacuzzis, are a type of small pool or large bathtub heated to high temperatures, often containing massaging jets. (answers.com)
- Voice-coil heating can also induce partial demagnetization of the driver's magnet if it reaches too high a temperature as a result of the heat radiated and conducted to it. (stereophile.com)
- Hyperthermia (abnormally high body temperature) can also lead to symptoms such as loss of concentration and fatigue. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Changed out water pump and thermostat and vehicle runs high temperature what could be issue? (fixya.com)
- If the temperature gauge reads high, it could mean your engine is overheating . (fixya.com)
- A third reason your temperature gauge reads high could be because the thermostat is broken . (fixya.com)
- The last reason the temperature gauge could read high is because of a water pump, or water pump gasket failure . (fixya.com)
- If your temperature gauge is reading high, it means your car is overheating. (fixya.com)
- Out of curiosity, did the record high temperatures across part of the country today affect any of you guys? (hardforum.com)
- High temperature hits 106. (elpasotimes.com)
- Watch for the temperatures up high to stay above freezing at night," he said. (vaildaily.com)
- High-temperature corrosion is a mechanism of corrosion that takes place in gas turbines, diesel engines, furnaces or other machinery coming in contact with hot gas containing certain contaminants. (wikipedia.org)
- These liquid melted salts are strongly corrosive for stainless steel and other alloys normally inert against the corrosion and high temperatures. (wikipedia.org)
- Other high-temperature corrosions include high-temperature oxidation, sulfidation and carbonization. (wikipedia.org)
- High temperature oxidation and other corrosion types are commonly modelled using the Deal-Grove model to account for diffusion and reaction processes. (wikipedia.org)
- At high temperatures or lower availability of oxygen, refractory oxides - vanadium dioxide and vanadium trioxide - form. (wikipedia.org)
- Introduction to the high-temperature oxidation of metals (2nd ed. (wikipedia.org)
- 1 take a fresh look at the global temperature record throughout the twentieth century, which is both a central test of climate models and prima facie evidence for man-made global warming. (nature.com)
- Given the attention paid to these issues in, for example, the four assessment reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) over the past two decades 2 , as well as in the US Climate Change Science Program's final report on temperature trends in the lower atmosphere 3 , it is generally accepted that such a development is highly unlikely. (nature.com)
- First, because short-term variability might mask these biases, they applied a simple filter to the data to remove two sources of significant natural climate variability: the El Niño-Southern Oscillation in the Pacific, and the interplay of land and ocean temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere. (nature.com)
- Usually, the performance of electronics depends on temperature - think about how fast your laptop would work in your climate-controlled office versus the Arizona desert. (purdue.edu)
- The revised pecking order emerged after a panel of climate experts reviewed the method employed to take the temperature in El Azizia, south-west of the Libyan capital, Tripoli, in 1922. (smh.com.au)
- Even if the climate were unchanging, there would be hotter and colder years within the normal variance of temperatures. (newsday.com)
- Climate data the team looked over showed the elevated temperatures were part of a long-term increasing trend they believe was likely linked with climate change. (redorbit.com)
- The brothers Anderegg and their study effectively identified the trigger of the aspen die-offs as being related to summer temperatures, this being the most important climate variable. (redorbit.com)
- Scientists from the ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science and international colleagues made the finding when they focused their research on the rise of temperatures at the extreme end of the spectrum where impacts are felt the most. (eurekalert.org)
- While global annual average near-surface temperatures are a widely used measure of climate change, this latest research reinforces that they do not account for all aspects of the climate system. (eurekalert.org)
- What we didn't know is whether crocodiles can adjust to the long-term elevations in water temperatures that are predicted to come with climate change. (abc.net.au)
- Juvenile estuarine crocodiles were unable to adjust to long-term (30 days) elevations in water temperatures, which suggested their diving performance would likely be compromised under future climate warming,' Ms Rodgers said. (abc.net.au)
- MADRID: The past decade is almost certain to be the hottest on record, weather experts warned on Tuesday, painting a bleak picture of vanishing sea ice, devastating heatwaves and encroaching seas in a report launched at a climate summit in Spain. (com.pk)
- Climate change studies show rising global temperatures - the 10th highest ever - and shrinking ice caps. (csmonitor.com)
- While clearly a weather episode rather than a minimum three-decade-long climate trend, this has purportedly happened when "the first eight months of 2015 were the hottest stretch yet recorded for the globe's surface land and oceans based upon temperature records going back to 1880. (cfact.org)
- The extent to which heat tolerance is affected by residence in a semitropical climate, season of the year, and job heat exposure, is studied in two groups of subjects: those exposed to heat in their jobs, and those working in neutral temperature jobs. (cdc.gov)
- One climate scientist tweeted that the weather tracker @extremetemps 'thinks San Luis Obispo's 120F reading may be hottest on record for so close to an ocean *anywhere in the Americas! (newser.com)
- The world's highest recorded air temperature is officially recognized by the World Meteorological Organization as 134°F (57.6°C) recorded at Death Valley, California , USA on 10 July 1913. (answers.com)
- It was coincidentally also on 13 September of 2012 that this record was stripped by the World Meteorological Organization after a team of experts determined that there were enough questions surrounding this measurement that this temperature probably did not occur. (answers.com)
- Example: The World Meteorological Organization, recommends that air temperatures be measured at a height of 1.25 to 2 meters (which is approximately 4 feet, 1.2 inches to 6 feet, 6.7 inches) above ground level. (answers.com)
- But it's not typical that the temperatures in Antarctica - one of the coldest places on Earth - are nearly the same as those in Southern California.The record-breaking temperature has not been verified by the World Meteorological Organization, which said it would convene a committee to confirm the measurement, but the WMO's Randall Cerveny said in a release, "Everything we have seen thus far indicates a likely legitimate record. (wyff4.com)
- The record-breaking temperature has not been verified by the World Meteorological Organization, which said it would convene a committee to confirm the measurement, but the WMO's Randall Cerveny said in a release, "Everything we have seen thus far indicates a likely legitimate record. (wyff4.com)
- While this temperature reading must be reviewed by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) for authenticity, not only is the 128.3°F reading the hottest temperature ever recorded in Pakistan, it is the hottest reliably measured temperature ever recorded on the continent of Asia. (treehugger.com)
- If verified by the World Meteorological Organization, or WMO, that temperature will be the hottest recorded since 1931, and the third hottest since record keeping began. (sciencenews.org)
- According to the World Meteorological Organization, the reported temperature is currently under investigation. (wikipedia.org)
- When the water reaches maximum temperature, drop a cooking thermometer into the glass to get an accurate reading. (ehow.co.uk)
- Maximum temperature today rose by several notches above the normal in both the states. (hindustantimes.com)
- The landlords, Geomar Realty, LLC argued that landlords aren't responsible for tenants who burn themselves with hot water, as long as they maintain a safe maximum temperature in the building. (villagevoice.com)
- What is the maximum temperature on the GPU? (asus.com)
- The country's average maximum temperature last year ( 30.69â„ƒ ) was a scorching 2.09â„ƒ hotter than the 1961-1990 average. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Another study showed domestic violence rates increased by 40% when the daily maximum temperature exceeded 34â„ƒ. (gizmodo.com.au)
- The average maximum temperature for Lismore is 22.6C and 22.5C for Casino but we will see temperatures exceed this. (northernstar.com.au)
- Extreme-temperature electronics might be useful for scientists in Antarctica or travelers wandering the Sahara, but they're also critical to the functioning of cars and planes everywhere. (purdue.edu)
- A giant atom-smashing racetrack of sorts has just broken a Guinness World Record by reaching the highest man-made temperature ever recorded, scientists announced Monday (June 25). (livescience.com)
- Scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Thursday confirmed California has had the hottest year since they started keeping records 120 years ago, in 1895 . (scpr.org)
- They are very rapidly approaching levels consistent with a 2-2.4 degree Centigrade rise in average global temperatures which scientists believe could trigger far reaching and irreversible changes in our Earth, biosphere and oceans. (csmonitor.com)
- The records represent a best possible estimate of the changes in land-surface temperatures. (nature.com)
- The event is the result of a rise in sea surface temperatures in the Andaman Sea â€" an area that includes the coasts of Myanmar, Thailand, the Andaman and Nicobar Island, and northwestern Indonesia. (enn.com)
- A new and again entirely natural El Niño is shaping up to raise sea surface temperatures across the eastern half of the tropical Pacific. (cfact.org)
- What remained were two filtered time series of the global mean temperatures for land and ocean. (nature.com)
- A stagnation in the increase of global annual mean temperatures, over a relatively short period of 10 to 20 years, does not imply that global warming has stopped. (eurekalert.org)
- According to the bureau, January 12-15 have already made it into the list of top 10 warmest days on record for Australia for area-averaged maximum and mean temperatures. (smh.com.au)
- By the way, according to the Danish Meteorological Institute, the number of year-to-year Arctic days with mean temperatures above freezing has changed very little over the past 55 years, except for 2013 which had only half the long-term mean of 90 days. (cfact.org)
- F rance has broken its all-time record temperature amid a punishing heatwave that has spread across Europe killing several people, including a young farm worker in Spain. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Maximum daytime and minimum overnight temperature records tumble in European #heatwave , which poses risks to health, agriculture and environment ( #wildfires ). (telegraph.co.uk)
- If there is a sudden heatwave and it's very hot and humid, you will need to take it easy and avoid exercising. (nct.org.uk)
- Having a cool bath during a heatwave can help you to feel less hot and bothered. (nct.org.uk)
- PARIS (Reuters) - Paris on Thursday recorded its hottest temperature since records began, Meteo France said, as a heatwave spread across Europe. (firstpost.com)
Protons and neutrons2
- That temperature is hot enough to melt protons and neutrons," Brookhaven's Steven Vigdor told a news conference at a meeting of the American Physical Society in Washington on Monday. (reuters.com)
- Above a critical temperature, protons and neutrons and other forms of hadronic matter "melt" into a hot, dense soup of free quarks and gluons (background), the quark-gluon plasma. (livescience.com)
- Get out of the heat immediately to a place with a lower temperature. (healthline.com)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society: "Heat & Temperature Sensitivity. (webmd.com)
- Even 20°C can put dogs at risk of heat stroke, and with temperatures set to hit 28°C in some parts of the UK over the weekend, pet owners should be extra careful when it comes to exercising their animals. (thesun.co.uk)
- At absolute zero-the coldest temperature possible-no heat is generated in a black body. (circuitcellar.com)
- Water heater thermostats are not very accurate and there is some heat loss between the hot water tank and the tap. (ehow.co.uk)
- Hot dogs are sold fully cooked, so do you need to grill or heat them? (thekitchn.com)
- J.P. Gupta, a meteorologist in Lucknow, the capital of northern Uttar Pradesh state, said the heat wave will remain intense until next week, when dust storms may bring relief from soaring temperatures. (foxnews.com)
- Other measures, such as extreme temperatures, ocean heat content and the disappearance of land-based ice all show continuous changes that are consistent with a warming world. (eurekalert.org)
- On the other hand, Oviraptor , a theropod about 2 metres long and 35 kilograms in weight, had a body temperature around 32 °C. This is still warmer than crocodiles and their relatives, suggesting that oviraptors generated some heat internally to keep their bodies above the ambient temperature and allow them to be more active. (newscientist.com)
- The finding is significant because larger animals are better able to retain heat and so would be expected to have higher body temperatures. (newscientist.com)
- During hot weather, it's useful to know the signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke. (nct.org.uk)
- My friend said that 71C is okay and that heat like this isn't really a bad thing, but it shouldn't be this hot for what a big fan it is. (hardwarecanucks.com)
- Geomar Realty also said there was no evidence of how hot the water really was anyway, and that the little boy's parents had the ability to adjust the level to make sure it never got to the maximum heat - which they claimed wasn't "unreasonably dangerous. (villagevoice.com)
- Based on numerical simulation of HDR considering heat-fluid-solid coupling, the influence of temperature distribution on well cementing is analyzed when the drilling fluid cycles and reaches stable state, respectively, and when the cement slurry is injected during the cementing process. (scirp.org)
- the external temperature concerning convection heat transfer is set the same as borehole wall temperature. (scirp.org)
- The present article employs the unsteady state heat transfer equation with time-dependent boundary conditions, as well as a two-dimensional finite element method, to determine work-roll temperature variations during continuous hot strip rolling. (actapress.com)
- To achieve an accurate temperature field, the authors consider the effects of different factors, including work-roll and metal thermal relationship, idling work-roll revolutions, and the effects of various process parameters such as rolling speed, interface heat transfer coefficient, and the amount of thickness reduction at each deformation pass. (actapress.com)
- Hot Tubs, Jacuzzis, and saunas use a combination of heat and moisture for relaxation and hydrotherapy. (answers.com)
- Dramatic heat-related stories grabbed headlines around the globe: The worst heat waves to hit Russia in a thousand years, the flooding in Pakistan, and 17 countries set or tied temperature records . (treehugger.com)
- As we brace for increasingly hot summers, we are mindful extreme heat can pose significant health risks for vulnerable groups. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Amid a sweltering heat wave across the western United States, a remote spot in Death Valley, Calif., may have just earned the title of hottest place on Earth in nearly a century. (sciencenews.org)
- In 2016, an analysis posted online at Weather Underground suggested that the logged temperature was "essentially not possible" based on meteorological conditions, including that there was no evidence of a particularly intense heat wave from any other stations in the area at the time. (sciencenews.org)
- A days-long heat wave across Southern California may have technically peaked Saturday, but forecasters said hot temperatures will persist through the week as a long-anticipated cooling trend occurs more slowly than originally forecast. (latimes.com)
- Australia was home to all 15 of the world's hottest temperatures on Tuesday, a feat it may well repeat on Wednesday and beyond as a huge swath of the nation bakes in 45-degree-plus heat. (smh.com.au)
- As the Bay Area bakes during this Labor Day weekend heat wave, San Franciscans can say they lived through the hottest day ever recorded in the city by the bay. (nbcbayarea.com)
- To adjust the heat, make slight turns to the dial near the bottom of the hot water heater, wait a few hours, then re-test. (thedeets.com)
- Subjects are exposed to several levels of heat as measured by the following four heat indices: corrected effective temperature, wet bulb globe temperature, predicted four hour sweat rate, and the Belding-Hatch heat stress index. (cdc.gov)
- She said temperatures in triple digits can lead to heat stroke at the least, and even death for a small child. (kdrv.com)
- However, hot yoga was no better for this than doing it at room temperature. (newscientist.com)
- Of course this is just over room temperature! (macrumors.com)
- If you are leaving the hot dogs out at room temperature, they should sit out no more than two hours (one hour if the temperature is above 90°F). (thekitchn.com)
- Although materials with no electrical resistance at low temperatures were discovered over a century ago, it was not until such superconducting behaviour was seen above the boiling point of liquid nitrogen-which facilitated many applications-that the prospect of room-temperature superconductors seemed plausible. (natureasia.com)
- What's your room temperature? (asus.com)
- Room temperature is 70-75F (21-24C). (asus.com)
- First, note that the temperature reading on a thermometer is not necessarily the temperature that you should be concerned about. (healthline.com)
- The experts concluded that the thermometer used was not standard and determined that the person who measured the temperature was probably inexperienced. (smh.com.au)
- Hold a cooking thermometer in the water and take a temperature reading. (ehow.com)
- Pick up a food thermometer (I use the one on the right) and stick it under a running stream of hot water from your tap. (thedeets.com)
- As Principal Research Scientist Roy Spencer , a meteorologist at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, observes: "The [surface] thermometer network is made up of a patchwork of non-research-quality instruments that were never made to monitor long-term temperature changes to tenths or hundredths of a degree, and the huge data voids around the world are either ignored or infilled with fictitious data. (cfact.org)
- You will find the car and wax together can withstand different temperatures depending on the wax itself. (carsdirect.com)
- The human body has a normal core temperature between 97˚F and 99˚F, but on average, a normal body temperature is 98.6˚F (37˚C). To maintain this temperature without the help of warming or cooling devices, the surrounding environment needs to be at about 82˚F (28˚C). Clothes aren't just for looks - they're necessary to keep warm. (healthline.com)
- Although all groups stayed about the same weight throughout the study, those who did hot yoga showed a small average reduction in the percentage of their body that is fat. (newscientist.com)
- The average temperature had hit almost 35C on Wednesday, already a record for the month of June. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Extremely hot temperatures over land have dramatically and unequivocally increased in number and area despite claims that the rise in global average temperatures has slowed over the past 10 to 20 years. (eurekalert.org)
- It quickly became clear, the so-called "hiatus" in global average temperatures did not stop the rise in the number, intensity and area of extremely hot days" said one of the paper's authors Dr Lisa Alexander. (eurekalert.org)
- The observations also showed that extremely hot events are now affecting on average more than twice the area when compared to similar events 30 years ago. (eurekalert.org)
- Globally, on average regions normally expect around 36.5 extremely hot days in a year. (eurekalert.org)
- The observations showed that during the period from 1997-2012, regions that experienced 10, 30 or 50 extremely hot days above this average saw the greatest upward trends in extreme hot days over time and the area they impacted. (eurekalert.org)
- Global average temperatures are a useful measurement for researchers but it is at the extremes where we will most likely find those impacts that directly affect all of our lives. (eurekalert.org)
- In contrast with normal years, the national average temperature from June to Aug was one degree higher and the hotter weather lasted longer and caused more extreme weather, Zhang added. (reuters.com)
- There's no doubt that much of North America is experiencing colder than average temperatures, in some instances more than 50°F colder than average. (forbes.com)
- Last year's global average temperature was the hottest ever by the widest margin on record. (ewn.co.za)
- Temperatures in the Niño 3.4 region had hit a weekly record of 3°C above average. (ewn.co.za)
- Average temperatures for the five-year (2015-2019) and 10-year (2010-2019) periods are almost certain to be the highest on record. (com.pk)
- Crouch said the 62.6 degree average temperature this year beat the previous record, set in 1934, by a full degree. (scpr.org)
- It warned increasing global average temperatures were expected to amplify floods, droughts and other extreme weather patterns. (csmonitor.com)
- The WMO, part of the United Nations, said the warmest 13 years of average global temperatures have all occurred in the 15 years since 1997. (csmonitor.com)
- They found if average temperatures warmed by 1.5â„ƒ, we could expect to see 1,600 more deaths each year across the US. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Research has shown each degree celsius increase in annual temperatures is linked to nearly a 6% average increase in homicides . (gizmodo.com.au)
- It shouldn't come as a surprise - the Central line routinely reaches average temperatures too hot for EU cows to handle: 30C (July and August 2013), 30.5C (July 2014) and 31.04C (August 2016). (wired.co.uk)
- The warmer-than-average temperatures are causing snow at the two snowpack measuring sites for streams flowing through Eagle County, to disappear at 2 to 3 percent of its total each day. (vaildaily.com)
- BoM's meteye forecast for Thursday predicts warmer than average winter temperatures. (northernstar.com.au)
- NORTHERN NSW is about to get unusually hot for this time of year, with Lismore expecting temperatures more than 4C above average for August. (northernstar.com.au)
- Casino is predicted to hit 29C on Thursday which would make it the hottest day of this month so far and 6.6C above average, 27C for Lismore with Ballina expected to hit 26C. (northernstar.com.au)
- Last month also was the 43rd consecutive June and 414th consecutive month with above-average global temperatures. (bendbulletin.com)
- To treat heatstroke, cover yourself with cold, damp cloths or take a cold bath to normalize your body temperature. (healthline.com)
- Do cold temperatures affect multiple sclerosis? (webmd.com)
- Other than that, I haven't noticed this, because at night I still feel cold, but my husband says when I sleep I am always burning up and really hot. (medhelp.org)
- As the continental United States endures bitterly cold conditions you may find it surprising that 2019 has tallied a total of 33 hottest temperatures ever recorded and 0 coldest temperatures ever recorded. (forbes.com)
- As much of the United States experiences extremely cold temperatures, one might think this disproves global warming. (forbes.com)
- How Quickly Does it Get Too Hot or Cold for a Dog? (hillspet.com)
- When the heater isn't running, cold temperatures can basically turn your car into a refrigerator and could cause your dog hypothermia. (hillspet.com)
- Hot or Cold? (education.com)
- How do different plants respond to hot or cold temperatures? (education.com)
- On most vehicles, the temperature gauge reads cold until the engine has run for a few minutes. (fixya.com)
- If the temperature gauge still reads cold after the engine has warmed up, the gauge may simply be broken. (fixya.com)
- Another reason the temperature gauge could read cold is if the thermostat in the vehicle stays open. (fixya.com)
- By comparison, the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, London Overground are either above ground or relatively close to the surface, which makes getting hot air out and cold air in a cinch. (wired.co.uk)
- Mooney also notes that in the North Atlantic Ocean south of Greenland and Iceland, "the ocean surface has seen very cold temperatures in the past eight months. (cfact.org)
- Cold temperatures can be almost as unhelpful as hot. (carsdirect.com)
- Whether you are waxing your car in hot or cold temperatures there are ways around it. (carsdirect.com)
- If it is too hot or too cold you will find the wax could be difficult to remove or could do damage to the coat. (carsdirect.com)
- It is recommended if you do take place in waxing your car just once a year, you do so during the spring or the fall when the temperatures are not very hot or cold. (carsdirect.com)
- However, the polar vortex has yet to officially claim a coldest temperature on record. (forbes.com)
- While there is yet to be an official coldest temperature record in 2019, Brian Brettschneider noted the unofficial temperature of -38°F at the Mount Carroll Cooperative station in Illinois. (forbes.com)
- As the polar vortex continues to chill temperatures in North America, reports are coming in that coldest temperature records have been broken. (forbes.com)
- Age impacts what setting the hot tub thermostat should have. (ehow.co.uk)
- The researchers examined the extreme end of the temperature spectrum because this is where global warming impacts are expected to occur first and are most clearly felt. (eurekalert.org)
- As Australians saw this summer and the last, extremely hot temperatures in inhabited areas have powerful impacts on our society. (eurekalert.org)
- The changes in spring surface air temperature can exert significant impacts on human health and lead to considerable socioeconomic consequences. (scienceblog.com)
- Furnace Creek, in California's Death Valley, logged a temperature of 130° Fahrenheit (54.4° Celsius) on Aug. 16. (sciencenews.org)
- On August 16, the Death Valley spot - appropriately named Furnace Creek, with a population of 24 - logged a temperature of 130° Fahrenheit (54.4° Celsius). (sciencenews.org)
- GENEVA/BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - A research base in the Antarctic has recorded the hottest temperature ever for the continent amid rising concern about global warming that has caused an increase in the melting of ice sheets around the south pole. (reuters.com)
- This image shows a time series of temperature anomalies for hot extremes over land (red) and global mean temperature (black, blue). (eurekalert.org)
- They also identified temperature anomalies by county and by month, to understand how these deaths could relate to spikes in the weather. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Hot tub temperatures can feel higher or lower than the thermostat setting based on the individual's preference. (ehow.co.uk)
- Adults generally can tolerate higher temperatures than young children can. (ehow.co.uk)
- In recent years, the quest for higher-temperature superconductors has turned to subjecting hydrogen-based compounds to extreme pressures. (natureasia.com)
- The laptop up around the number row and higher is too hot to touch when gaming. (asus.com)
- Although special alloys of significantly lower temperature coefficient of resistance are available, such as nichrome and manganin, these also have much higher resistivity, which unfortunately makes them unsuitable for use in voice-coils. (stereophile.com)
- Higher temperatures are associated with irritability, and increases in conflict and interpersonal violence. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Increases in drowning might occur due the higher proportions of people seeking relief in the water on hot days. (gizmodo.com.au)
- at lower temperatures the vanadate is in solid state, at higher temperatures vanadates with higher proportion of vanadium provide higher corrosion rates. (wikipedia.org)
- However, dogs can succumb to heatstroke very quickly - so it's important to know how to look after them in hot weather. (thesun.co.uk)
- In the hot weather, don't run, jog or cycle with dogs. (thesun.co.uk)
- There are lots of good methods to use with your dog during the hot weather, including letting your pup go for a swim, giving them a haircut and putting ice cubes in their water bowls. (thesun.co.uk)
- With the hot weather pending, make sure you pack water bottles with you everywhere you go so you can give your little buddy a drink anywhere, anytime. (thesun.co.uk)
- Maximiliano Herrera, who runs what has been called " the most influential weather website in the world ," has spent decades and nearly $1 million to track temperature extremes around the globe at unprecedented accuracy. (forbes.com)
- Being pregnant during hot weather can be challenging. (nct.org.uk)
- Some mums-to-be find being pregnant in hot weather challenging. (nct.org.uk)
- Rachel Heathcock, NCT Antenatal Teacher, offers her tips to pregnant women on keeping cool in the hot weather, in this video. (nct.org.uk)
- Soaring temperatures have been caused by the El Niño weather pattern, which is the strongest on record. (ewn.co.za)
- The recent stretch of warm weather across the Bay Area reached its peak Wednesday with temperatures soaring into the mid-90s in many inland locations, according to the National Weather Service. (timesheraldonline.com)
- By Friday, a real cooling trend will impact the entire Bay Area as temperatures return to the 70s, according to the weather service. (timesheraldonline.com)
- Why do deaths from injury increase in hot weather? (gizmodo.com.au)
- Temperatures Sunday were almost identical to those seen across the region in recent days, according to meteorologist David Sweet with the National Weather Service. (latimes.com)
- Photo: Hot weather drove thousands to the beaches in recent days, including a packed Manhattan Beach on Thursday. (latimes.com)
- A recent study looked at just how long it takes a car to reach deadly temperatures during hot weather. (kdrv.com)
- The warmer weather is set to arrive tomorrow and will be a sharp turnaround from today where temperatures fell to 1C, following the coldest day of the month so far on Monday with -0.2C recorded overnight. (northernstar.com.au)
- But mornings will be warmer as the unusually hot weather settles in, coming on the back of a hot and dry July. (northernstar.com.au)
- Hottest air temperatures reported on Earth Archived 2014-01-03 at the Wayback Machine Weather Underground. (wikipedia.org)
- Christopher C. Burt, Hottest Reliably Measured Air Temperatures on Earth Archived 2016-08-12 at the Wayback Machine, 22 July 2016, at Weather Underground website. (wikipedia.org)
- To get their results, the researchers examined hot days starting from 1979. (eurekalert.org)
- This friction-free liquid occurs at both ends of the temperature spectrum, the researchers said. (livescience.com)
- ALICE researchers have yet to publish an official measure of the temperature for its quark-gluon plasma. (livescience.com)
- The researchers said the difference in dive capacity was due to the fact oxygen stores are consumed more rapidly at warm temperatures, forcing the animals to surface more frequently to breathe or spend longer at the surface recovering between dives. (abc.net.au)
- The researchers analysed death and temperature data collected from 1980 to 2017 across mainland United States (so their results excluded the states of Alaska and Hawaii). (gizmodo.com.au)
- Durban, South Africa - The world is getting hotter, with 2011 one of the warmest years on record, and humans are to blame, a report by the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) said on Tuesday. (csmonitor.com)
- Area forecast to cool off Temperatures soared above 100, prompting El Paso residents to ask exactly how hot is it? (elpasotimes.com)
- The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) is urging land managers and property owners to carefully consider conditions before burning off tomorrow, with winds up to 70km/h and temperatures in the mid-20s forecast across the state. (northernstar.com.au)
- Robert Eagle of the University of California, Los Angeles, and colleagues estimated the body temperature of two types of dinosaur by analysing fossil eggshells. (newscientist.com)
- But it's not typical that the temperatures in Antarctica - one of the coldest places on Earth - are nearly the same as those in Southern California. (wyff4.com)
- NEW DELHI - Authorities have shut schools, sprinkled water in streets and rushed a water train to a parched state in western India where scorching temperatures have reached up to 124 Fahrenheit. (foxnews.com)
- The modern, most reliably recorded air temperature in the world was 129.2°F (54.0°C) at Death Valley on 30 June 2013. (answers.com)
- Here's another interesting record that was set over the summer, one that's a little harder to fit into a sensational soundbite, but certainly noteworthy nonetheless: Pakistan also recorded what meteorologist wunderkind Dr. Jeff Masters calls "the hottest reliably measured temperature ever recorded on the continent of Asia. (treehugger.com)
- The Pakistan Meteorological Department later rounded the temperature on 28 May 2017 in Turbat to 54.0°C, which would be an Asian record shared with Kuwait as well as the highest reliably measured temperature on earth. (wikipedia.org)
Extremely hot temperatures2
- Extremely hot temperatures in tubs need to be avoided by pregnant women not because it is especially harmful to the woman, but because it can be harmful to the foetus. (ehow.co.uk)
- You have to be careful whenever you are using extremely hot temperatures whenever you are waxing your car. (carsdirect.com)
- Find some place with air conditioning or a lower temperature (especially out of direct sunlight). (healthline.com)
- For example, if the delivery temperature is 53C, lower the thermostat by 4C to 5C. (ehow.co.uk)
- Some enzymes will only work at lower temperatures. (innovations-report.com)
- What's more, since P. furiosus is mostly shut down at these lower temperatures, making the new product doesn't interfere with its metabolism, or vice-versa. (innovations-report.com)
- The lead author on the study, Michael Adams of the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at the University of Georgia, explains that this is the key benefit of this system: although P. furiosus now makes the enzyme that carries out the process, at these lower temperatures the organism's other metabolic processes don't get in the way. (innovations-report.com)
- and the upper and lower temperature variation of the stratum is greater when the cement slurry is injected. (scirp.org)
- Folding boxen temperatures are actually lower with the A/C. (hardforum.com)
- In 2006, a similarly experimental groundwater cooling system was installed at Victoria station to lower temperatures in mid-platform areas. (wired.co.uk)
- These low temperature glue guns melts glue at a lower temp creating a safer way of gluing. (michaels.com)
- Slipping into the user's clothes between their shoulder blades on a specially designed shirt, the bluetooth device, which is being marketed to business people, was designed to lower the wearer's body temperature using a method known as the Peltier effect. (bendbulletin.com)
- Plants in the warmest of several study areas at the SPRUCE experimental site remained green and functional up to six weeks longer than plants growing at ambient temperatures. (ornl.gov)
- Copper, the most widely used voice-coil conductor, has a temperature coefficient of resistance of approximately 0.4% per degree C. So if we assume that a copper voice-coil has a normalized resistance of 1 at an ambient temperature of 20°C (68°F), its resistance will vary with temperature, as illustrated in the blue trace of fig.1. (stereophile.com)
- So much so that the ambient temperature of the clay is now between 20C and 25C. (wired.co.uk)
- Consequently, the minimum water heater outlet temperature in residential systems should be set at 54C to produce a tap temperature of at least 49C. (ehow.co.uk)
- Turn the power to the hot water heater off by tripping the relevant breaker switch on your home's electrical fuse box. (ehow.co.uk)
- If your electric hot water heater has two thermostats, one on top and one on the bottom, both should be adjusted to the same temperature. (ehow.com)
- If you have a gas hot water heater, first locate the temperature control. (ehow.com)
- Also insulate the hot water heater and hot water pipes. (thedeets.com)
- The more people in a hot tub, the cooler the water will feel. (ehow.co.uk)
- The main summer months in India -- April, May and June -- are always excruciatingly hot across most of the country, before monsoon rains bring cooler temperatures. (foxnews.com)
- In addition, the animals' cooler nighttime houses open once the outdoors become too hot. (courthousenews.com)
- The amount and type of vegetation plays a big role in how much the urbanization changes the temperature," said research scientist and co-author Kurtis Thome of Goddard. (csmonitor.com)
- The area also holds the No. 1 hot spot, with 134° F (56.7° C) recorded in 1913. (sciencenews.org)
- Furnace Creek also holds the record for hottest recorded temperature on Earth, logged in 1913 at 134° F (56.7° C). In second place is Kebili, Tunisia, with a logged temperature of 55.0° C (131° F) on July 7, 1931. (sciencenews.org)
- An unseen measurement bias has been identified in global records of sea surface temperature. (nature.com)
- Most of these temperature records are found in Australia, with a few in the Reunion Islands, Chile and Namibia. (forbes.com)
- Below is a table of the temperature records set in 2019. (forbes.com)
- On a network of horrendously hot tunnels, the Central line consistently breaks records. (wired.co.uk)
- On top of inescapable measurement uncertainties, surface ocean and land temperature records have been tweaked many times, invariably to suggest more recent warming than previously trumpeted. (cfact.org)
- The device is being unveiled in what is likely to be the hottest summer on record, a stretch of scalding hot months that have shattered temperature records around the globe. (bendbulletin.com)
- Temperatures of every day throughout the year were compared against temperatures on that exact same calendar day from 1979-2012. (eurekalert.org)
- A man uses a cloth to protect himself from the sun during a hot summer day in Jammu, India, Friday, May 20, 2016. (foxnews.com)
- The first six months of 2016 were the hottest period ever recorded in history. (ewn.co.za)
- For the whole planet, 2019 is expected to come in second (behind 2016) making the last five years the hottest on record since 1880. (gizmodo.com.au)
- Given Australia is ahead of the global temperature curve , we could see an even greater number of deaths from injury per capita as a result of rising temperatures. (gizmodo.com.au)
- The relative humidity in your environment can affect the temperature you actually feel, which is called the "apparent temperature. (healthline.com)
- If the air temperature reads 85˚F (29˚C), but there's zero humidity, the temperature will actually feel like it's 78˚F (26 ˚C). (healthline.com)
- If the air temperature reads 85˚F (29˚C), with 80 percent humidity, it will actually feel like 97˚F (36˚C). (healthline.com)
- With France, Spain, Italy and parts of central Europe hard hit by the record-breaking temperatures, officials pleaded with people to take precautions. (ewn.co.za)
Range of temperatures2
- This is the first time we've been able to confirm the response of vegetation to this range of temperatures, which exceed what can be found in the historical record," coauthor Andrew Richardson of Northern Arizona University said. (ornl.gov)
- Once heated, keep the hot dogs at 140°F or warmer to keep the food out of the "Danger Zone," the range of temperatures where bacteria grows quickly. (thekitchn.com)
- A new organic plastic allows electronics to function in extreme temperatures without sacrificing performance. (purdue.edu)
- This results in an organized, interpenetrating network that allows the electrical charge to flow evenly throughout while holding its shape in extreme temperatures. (purdue.edu)
- Most impressive about this new material isn't its ability to conduct electricity in extreme temperatures, but that its performance doesn't seem to change. (purdue.edu)
- In some cases, you may find yourself in an environment with extreme temperatures. (healthline.com)
- This [finding], together with the 70 - 80-year lifespan of estuarine crocodiles, suggests that they may have to rely on behavioural strategies to buffer extreme temperatures,' she said. (abc.net.au)
- Wildlife like this goanna near Menindee on the Darling - and all other life forms - are being roasted in extreme temperatures across inland Australia. (smh.com.au)
- Although manufacturer's usually set water heaters at 60C, you can reduce your carbon footprint and save money by adjusting your boiler's hot water thermostat. (ehow.co.uk)
- Below is a short but simple guide to what temperature is safe for hot tubs and what factors you should consider when setting the thermostat. (ehow.co.uk)
- Rotate the thermostat control slightly before testing the tap water temperature. (ehow.com)
- With the thermostat stuck open , the engine can be overcooled, causing a low temperature reading. (fixya.com)
- But hot yoga , which typically involves going through a strenuous 26 poses over 90 minutes in a warm and humid room, also makes people sweat intensely - which some take as a sign that it's better for you. (newscientist.com)
- The reason is the effect vegetation has on keeping a lid on rising temperatures. (csmonitor.com)
- Young saltwater crocodiles take shorter dives and put their safety at risk when faced with long-term exposure to rising water temperatures, according to new research. (abc.net.au)
- Rising temperatures have given merchandisers a reason to market self-cooling clothes. (bendbulletin.com)
- Calculate the minimum temperature of the air inside the balloon for take off. (physicsforums.com)
- Crocodiles are ectotherms, meaning their body temperature is closely tied to environmental temperatures,' explained PhD student Essie Rodgers, who led the study. (abc.net.au)
- Together with colleagues from the Carnegie Institution for Science´s Department of Global Ecology , the most recent study focuses on the dramatic die-off of Colorado trembling aspen trees as a direct result of decreased precipitation exacerbated by elevated summer temperatures. (redorbit.com)
- The drought of 2002 was one such example, with increased summer temperatures responsible for the loss of water in the top soil. (redorbit.com)
- Unfortunately, even though it grows well, its fruit is very small or non-existent, probably due to Dunedin's inconsistent summer temperatures. (odt.co.nz)
- It's been a hot, hot summer -- as if you needed me to tell you that. (treehugger.com)
- I install a window air conditioner when it gets hot in the summer, no central air. (hardforum.com)
- Last summer, Londoners took grim amusement when temperatures on the dreaded red line (35.5C) surpassed the EU limit at which it is legal to transport cows, sheep and pigs (30C). (wired.co.uk)
- Dr. Giuliano said most times, children being left alone in hot cars comes down to caregivers forgetting that the child is in the car, which is why it's especially important to be vigilant and extra attentive when transporting children during hot summer months. (kdrv.com)
- Then they did the same with the best-preserved fossil eggshells and worked out the corresponding body temperatures. (newscientist.com)
- By making these measurements in eggshells in much smaller species, we can eliminate this body mass effect on body temperatures and really get at their physiology in a better way than was possible previously," Eagle says. (newscientist.com)
- Assessment of deep body temperatures of workers in hot jobs. (cdc.gov)