Retina: The ten-layered nervous tissue membrane of the eye. It is continuous with the OPTIC NERVE and receives images of external objects and transmits visual impulses to the brain. Its outer surface is in contact with the CHOROID and the inner surface with the VITREOUS BODY. The outer-most layer is pigmented, whereas the inner nine layers are transparent.Retinal Ganglion Cells: Neurons of the innermost layer of the retina, the internal plexiform layer. They are of variable sizes and shapes, and their axons project via the OPTIC NERVE to the brain. A small subset of these cells act as photoreceptors with projections to the SUPRACHIASMATIC NUCLEUS, the center for regulating CIRCADIAN RHYTHM.Photoreceptor Cells, Vertebrate: Specialized PHOTOTRANSDUCTION neurons in the vertebrates, such as the RETINAL ROD CELLS and the RETINAL CONE CELLS. Non-visual photoreceptor neurons have been reported in the deep brain, the PINEAL GLAND and organs of the circadian system.Photoreceptor Cells: Specialized cells that detect and transduce light. They are classified into two types based on their light reception structure, the ciliary photoreceptors and the rhabdomeric photoreceptors with MICROVILLI. Ciliary photoreceptor cells use OPSINS that activate a PHOSPHODIESTERASE phosphodiesterase cascade. Rhabdomeric photoreceptor cells use opsins that activate a PHOSPHOLIPASE C cascade.Retinal Degeneration: A retrogressive pathological change in the retina, focal or generalized, caused by genetic defects, inflammation, trauma, vascular disease, or aging. Degeneration affecting predominantly the macula lutea of the retina is MACULAR DEGENERATION. (Newell, Ophthalmology: Principles and Concepts, 7th ed, p304)Retinal Vessels: The blood vessels which supply and drain the RETINA.Retinal Cone Photoreceptor Cells: Photosensitive afferent neurons located primarily within the FOVEA CENTRALIS of the MACULA LUTEA. There are three major types of cone cells (red, blue, and green) whose photopigments have different spectral sensitivity curves. Retinal cone cells operate in daylight vision (at photopic intensities) providing color recognition and central visual acuity.Electroretinography: Recording of electric potentials in the retina after stimulation by light.Eye ProteinsAmacrine Cells: INTERNEURONS of the vertebrate RETINA. They integrate, modulate, and interpose a temporal domain in the visual message presented to the RETINAL GANGLION CELLS, with which they synapse in the inner plexiform layer.Retinal DiseasesRetinal Rod Photoreceptor Cells: Photosensitive afferent neurons located in the peripheral retina, with their density increases radially away from the FOVEA CENTRALIS. Being much more sensitive to light than the RETINAL CONE CELLS, the rod cells are responsible for twilight vision (at scotopic intensities) as well as peripheral vision, but provide no color discrimination.Pigment Epithelium of Eye: The layer of pigment-containing epithelial cells in the RETINA; the CILIARY BODY; and the IRIS in the eye.Dark Adaptation: Adjustment of the eyes under conditions of low light. The sensitivity of the eye to light is increased during dark adaptation.Fluorescent Antibody Technique, Indirect: A form of fluorescent antibody technique commonly used to detect serum antibodies and immune complexes in tissues and microorganisms in specimens from patients with infectious diseases. The technique involves formation of an antigen-antibody complex which is labeled with fluorescein-conjugated anti-immunoglobulin antibody. (From Bennington, Saunders Dictionary & Encyclopedia of Laboratory Medicine and Technology, 1984)Light: That portion of the electromagnetic spectrum in the visible, ultraviolet, and infrared range.Rod Opsins: Photosensitive proteins expressed in the ROD PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS. They are the protein components of rod photoreceptor pigments such as RHODOPSIN.Retinal Bipolar Cells: INTERNEURONS of the vertebrate RETINA containing two processes. They receive inputs from the RETINAL PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS and send outputs to the RETINAL GANGLION CELLS. The bipolar cells also make lateral connections in the retina with the RETINAL HORIZONTAL CELLS and with the AMACRINE CELLS.Retinal Neurons: Nerve cells of the RETINA in the pathway of transmitting light signals to the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. They include the outer layer of PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS, the intermediate layer of RETINAL BIPOLAR CELLS and AMACRINE CELLS, and the internal layer of RETINAL GANGLION CELLS.Eye: The organ of sight constituting a pair of globular organs made up of a three-layered roughly spherical structure specialized for receiving and responding to light.Choroid: The thin, highly vascular membrane covering most of the posterior of the eye between the RETINA and SCLERA.Vitreous Body: The transparent, semigelatinous substance that fills the cavity behind the CRYSTALLINE LENS of the EYE and in front of the RETINA. It is contained in a thin hyaloid membrane and forms about four fifths of the optic globe.Vision, Ocular: The process in which light signals are transformed by the PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS into electrical signals which can then be transmitted to the brain.Retinal Horizontal Cells: NEURONS in the inner nuclear layer of the RETINA that synapse with both the RETINAL PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS and the RETINAL BIPOLAR CELLS, as well as other horizontal cells. The horizontal cells modulate the sensory signal.Retinal Pigment Epithelium: The single layer of pigment-containing epithelial cells in the RETINA, situated closely to the tips (outer segments) of the RETINAL PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS. These epithelial cells are macroglia that perform essential functions for the photoreceptor cells, such as in nutrient transport, phagocytosis of the shed photoreceptor membranes, and ensuring retinal attachment.Goldfish: Common name for Carassius auratus, a type of carp (CARPS).Rhodopsin: A purplish-red, light-sensitive pigment found in RETINAL ROD CELLS of most vertebrates. It is a complex consisting of a molecule of ROD OPSIN and a molecule of 11-cis retinal (RETINALDEHYDE). Rhodopsin exhibits peak absorption wavelength at about 500 nm.Retinal Pigments: Photosensitive protein complexes of varied light absorption properties which are expressed in the PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS. They are OPSINS conjugated with VITAMIN A-based chromophores. Chromophores capture photons of light, leading to the activation of opsins and a biochemical cascade that ultimately excites the photoreceptor cells.Neuroglia: The non-neuronal cells of the nervous system. They not only provide physical support, but also respond to injury, regulate the ionic and chemical composition of the extracellular milieu, participate in the BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER and BLOOD-RETINAL BARRIER, form the myelin insulation of nervous pathways, guide neuronal migration during development, and exchange metabolites with neurons. Neuroglia have high-affinity transmitter uptake systems, voltage-dependent and transmitter-gated ion channels, and can release transmitters, but their role in signaling (as in many other functions) is unclear.Retinal Detachment: Separation of the inner layers of the retina (neural retina) from the pigment epithelium. Retinal detachment occurs more commonly in men than in women, in eyes with degenerative myopia, in aging and in aphakia. It may occur after an uncomplicated cataract extraction, but it is seen more often if vitreous humor has been lost during surgery. (Dorland, 27th ed; Newell, Ophthalmology: Principles and Concepts, 7th ed, p310-12).Retinal Neovascularization: Formation of new blood vessels originating from the retinal veins and extending along the inner (vitreal) surface of the retina.Opsins: Photosensitive proteins in the membranes of PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS such as the rods and the cones. Opsins have varied light absorption properties and are members of the G-PROTEIN-COUPLED RECEPTORS family. Their ligands are VITAMIN A-based chromophores.Diabetic Retinopathy: Disease of the RETINA as a complication of DIABETES MELLITUS. It is characterized by the progressive microvascular complications, such as ANEURYSM, interretinal EDEMA, and intraocular PATHOLOGIC NEOVASCULARIZATION.Adaptation, Ocular: The adjustment of the eye to variations in the intensity of light. Light adaptation is the adjustment of the eye when the light threshold is increased; DARK ADAPTATION when the light is greatly reduced. (From Cline et al., Dictionary of Visual Science, 4th ed)Visual Pathways: Set of cell bodies and nerve fibers conducting impulses from the eyes to the cerebral cortex. It includes the RETINA; OPTIC NERVE; optic tract; and geniculocalcarine tract.Photic Stimulation: Investigative technique commonly used during ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHY in which a series of bright light flashes or visual patterns are used to elicit brain activity.Rod Cell Outer Segment: The portion of a retinal rod cell situated between the ROD INNER SEGMENT and the RETINAL PIGMENT EPITHELIUM. It contains a stack of photosensitive disk membranes laden with RHODOPSIN.Blood-Retinal Barrier: A specialized transport barrier, in the EYE, formed by the retinal pigment EPITHELIUM, and the ENDOTHELIUM of the BLOOD VESSELS of the RETINA. TIGHT JUNCTIONS joining adjacent cells keep the barrier between cells continuous.Mice, Inbred C57BLChick Embryo: The developmental entity of a fertilized chicken egg (ZYGOTE). The developmental process begins about 24 h before the egg is laid at the BLASTODISC, a small whitish spot on the surface of the EGG YOLK. After 21 days of incubation, the embryo is fully developed before hatching.In Situ Hybridization: A technique that localizes specific nucleic acid sequences within intact chromosomes, eukaryotic cells, or bacterial cells through the use of specific nucleic acid-labeled probes.Retinitis Pigmentosa: Hereditary, progressive degeneration of the neuroepithelium of the retina characterized by night blindness and progressive contraction of the visual field.Ambystoma: A genus of the Ambystomatidae family. The best known species are the axolotl AMBYSTOMA MEXICANUM and the closely related tiger salamander Ambystoma tigrinum. They may retain gills and remain aquatic without developing all of the adult characteristics. However, under proper changes in the environment they metamorphose.Immunohistochemistry: Histochemical localization of immunoreactive substances using labeled antibodies as reagents.Fundus Oculi: The concave interior of the eye, consisting of the retina, the choroid, the sclera, the optic disk, and blood vessels, seen by means of the ophthalmoscope. (Cline et al., Dictionary of Visual Science, 4th ed)Retinitis: Inflammation of the RETINA. It is rarely limited to the retina, but is commonly associated with diseases of the choroid (CHORIORETINITIS) and of the OPTIC DISK (neuroretinitis).Urodela: An order of the Amphibia class which includes salamanders and newts. They are characterized by usually having slim bodies and tails, four limbs of about equal size (except in Sirenidae), and a reduction in skull bones.Darkness: The absence of light.Fluorescein Angiography: Visualization of a vascular system after intravenous injection of a fluorescein solution. The images may be photographed or televised. It is used especially in studying the retinal and uveal vasculature.Cell Count: The number of CELLS of a specific kind, usually measured per unit volume or area of sample.Ophthalmoscopy: Examination of the interior of the eye with an ophthalmoscope.RNA, Messenger: RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein: An intermediate filament protein found only in glial cells or cells of glial origin. MW 51,000.Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental: Any of the processes by which nuclear, cytoplasmic, or intercellular factors influence the differential control of gene action during the developmental stages of an organism.Radiation Injuries, Experimental: Experimentally produced harmful effects of ionizing or non-ionizing RADIATION in CHORDATA animals.Neurons: The basic cellular units of nervous tissue. Each neuron consists of a body, an axon, and dendrites. Their purpose is to receive, conduct, and transmit impulses in the NERVOUS SYSTEM.Zebrafish: An exotic species of the family CYPRINIDAE, originally from Asia, that has been introduced in North America. They are used in embryological studies and to study the effects of certain chemicals on development.Injections: Introduction of substances into the body using a needle and syringe.Uveal Diseases: Diseases of the uvea.Disease Models, Animal: Naturally occurring or experimentally induced animal diseases with pathological processes sufficiently similar to those of human diseases. They are used as study models for human diseases.Microscopy, Confocal: A light microscopic technique in which only a small spot is illuminated and observed at a time. An image is constructed through point-by-point scanning of the field in this manner. Light sources may be conventional or laser, and fluorescence or transmitted observations are possible.Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction: A variation of the PCR technique in which cDNA is made from RNA via reverse transcription. The resultant cDNA is then amplified using standard PCR protocols.Light Signal Transduction: The conversion of absorbed light energy into molecular signals.Immunoenzyme Techniques: Immunologic techniques based on the use of: (1) enzyme-antibody conjugates; (2) enzyme-antigen conjugates; (3) antienzyme antibody followed by its homologous enzyme; or (4) enzyme-antienzyme complexes. These are used histologically for visualizing or labeling tissue specimens.Superior Colliculi: The anterior pair of the quadrigeminal bodies which coordinate the general behavioral orienting responses to visual stimuli, such as whole-body turning, and reaching.Recoverin: A neuronal calcium-sensor protein that is found in ROD PHOTORECEPTORS and CONE PHOTORECEPTORS. It interacts with G-PROTEIN-COUPLED RECEPTOR KINASE 1 in a Ca2+ dependent manner and plays an important role in PHOTOTRANSDUCTION.Cyprinidae: A family of freshwater fish comprising the minnows or CARPS.Macula Lutea: An oval area in the retina, 3 to 5 mm in diameter, usually located temporal to the posterior pole of the eye and slightly below the level of the optic disk. It is characterized by the presence of a yellow pigment diffusely permeating the inner layers, contains the fovea centralis in its center, and provides the best phototropic visual acuity. It is devoid of retinal blood vessels, except in its periphery, and receives nourishment from the choriocapillaris of the choroid. (From Cline et al., Dictionary of Visual Science, 4th ed)Retinopathy of Prematurity: A bilateral retinopathy occurring in premature infants treated with excessively high concentrations of oxygen, characterized by vascular dilatation, proliferation, and tortuosity, edema, and retinal detachment, with ultimate conversion of the retina into a fibrous mass that can be seen as a dense retrolental membrane. Usually growth of the eye is arrested and may result in microophthalmia, and blindness may occur. (Dorland, 27th ed)In Situ Nick-End Labeling: An in situ method for detecting areas of DNA which are nicked during APOPTOSIS. Terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase is used to add labeled dUTP, in a template-independent manner, to the 3 prime OH ends of either single- or double-stranded DNA. The terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase nick end labeling, or TUNEL, assay labels apoptosis on a single-cell level, making it more sensitive than agarose gel electrophoresis for analysis of DNA FRAGMENTATION.Nerve Tissue ProteinsFovea Centralis: An area approximately 1.5 millimeters in diameter within the macula lutea where the retina thins out greatly because of the oblique shifting of all layers except the pigment epithelium layer. It includes the sloping walls of the fovea (clivus) and contains a few rods in its periphery. In its center (foveola) are the cones most adapted to yield high visual acuity, each cone being connected to only one ganglion cell. (Cline et al., Dictionary of Visual Science, 4th ed)Ciliary Body: A ring of tissue extending from the scleral spur to the ora serrata of the RETINA. It consists of the uveal portion and the epithelial portion. The ciliary muscle is in the uveal portion and the ciliary processes are in the epithelial portion.Arrestin: A 48-Kd protein of the outer segment of the retinal rods and a component of the phototransduction cascade. Arrestin quenches G-protein activation by binding to phosphorylated photolyzed rhodopsin. Arrestin causes experimental autoimmune uveitis when injected into laboratory animals.Blotting, Western: Identification of proteins or peptides that have been electrophoretically separated by blot transferring from the electrophoresis gel to strips of nitrocellulose paper, followed by labeling with antibody probes.Animals, Newborn: Refers to animals in the period of time just after birth.Aminobutyrates: Derivatives of BUTYRIC ACID that contain one or more amino groups attached to the aliphatic structure. Included under this heading are a broad variety of acid forms, salts, esters, and amides that include the aminobutryrate structure.Rats, Mutant Strains: Rats bearing mutant genes which are phenotypically expressed in the animals.Retinal Photoreceptor Cell Outer Segment: The light sensitive outer portion of a retinal rod or a cone photoreceptor cell. The outer segment contains a stack of disk membranes laden with photoreceptive pigments (RETINAL PIGMENTS). The outer segment is connected to the inner segment by a PHOTORECEPTOR CONNECTING CILIUM.Macular Degeneration: Degenerative changes in the RETINA usually of older adults which results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field (the MACULA LUTEA) because of damage to the retina. It occurs in dry and wet forms.Ion-Selective Electrodes: Electrodes which can be used to measure the concentration of particular ions in cells, tissues, or solutions.Rabbits: The species Oryctolagus cuniculus, in the family Leporidae, order LAGOMORPHA. Rabbits are born in burrows, furless, and with eyes and ears closed. In contrast with HARES, rabbits have 22 chromosome pairs.Perches: A common name for fish of the family Percidae, belonging to the suborder Percoidei, order PERCIFORMES.Axons: Nerve fibers that are capable of rapidly conducting impulses away from the neuron cell body.Macaca fascicularis: A species of the genus MACACA which typically lives near the coast in tidal creeks and mangrove swamps primarily on the islands of the Malay peninsula.Glaucoma: An ocular disease, occurring in many forms, having as its primary characteristics an unstable or a sustained increase in the intraocular pressure which the eye cannot withstand without damage to its structure or impairment of its function. The consequences of the increased pressure may be manifested in a variety of symptoms, depending upon type and severity, such as excavation of the optic disk, hardness of the eyeball, corneal anesthesia, reduced visual acuity, seeing of colored halos around lights, disturbed dark adaptation, visual field defects, and headaches. (Dictionary of Visual Science, 4th ed)S100 Calcium Binding Protein G: A calbindin protein found in many mammalian tissues, including the UTERUS, PLACENTA, BONE, PITUITARY GLAND, and KIDNEYS. In intestinal ENTEROCYTES it mediates intracellular calcium transport from apical to basolateral membranes via calcium binding at two EF-HAND MOTIFS. Expression is regulated in some tissues by VITAMIN D.Lens, Crystalline: A transparent, biconvex structure of the EYE, enclosed in a capsule and situated behind the IRIS and in front of the vitreous humor (VITREOUS BODY). It is slightly overlapped at its margin by the ciliary processes. Adaptation by the CILIARY BODY is crucial for OCULAR ACCOMMODATION.Retinal Dysplasia: Congenital, often bilateral, retinal abnormality characterized by the arrangement of outer nuclear retinal cells in a palisading or radiating pattern surrounding a central ocular space. This disorder is sometimes hereditary.Tomography, Optical Coherence: An imaging method using LASERS that is used for mapping subsurface structure. When a reflective site in the sample is at the same optical path length (coherence) as the reference mirror, the detector observes interference fringes.Injections, Intraocular: The administration of substances into the eye with a hypodermic syringe.Cats: The domestic cat, Felis catus, of the carnivore family FELIDAE, comprising over 30 different breeds. The domestic cat is descended primarily from the wild cat of Africa and extreme southwestern Asia. Though probably present in towns in Palestine as long ago as 7000 years, actual domestication occurred in Egypt about 4000 years ago. (From Walker's Mammals of the World, 6th ed, p801)TurtlesCone Opsins: Photosensitive proteins expressed in the CONE PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS. They are the protein components of cone photopigments. Cone opsins are classified by their peak absorption wavelengths.Albinism: General term for a number of inherited defects of amino acid metabolism in which there is a deficiency or absence of pigment in the eyes, skin, or hair.Receptors, GABA: Cell-surface proteins that bind GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID with high affinity and trigger changes that influence the behavior of cells. GABA-A receptors control chloride channels formed by the receptor complex itself. They are blocked by bicuculline and usually have modulatory sites sensitive to benzodiazepines and barbiturates. GABA-B receptors act through G-proteins on several effector systems, are insensitive to bicuculline, and have a high affinity for L-baclofen.Mice, Knockout: Strains of mice in which certain GENES of their GENOMES have been disrupted, or "knocked-out". To produce knockouts, using RECOMBINANT DNA technology, the normal DNA sequence of the gene being studied is altered to prevent synthesis of a normal gene product. Cloned cells in which this DNA alteration is successful are then injected into mouse EMBRYOS to produce chimeric mice. The chimeric mice are then bred to yield a strain in which all the cells of the mouse contain the disrupted gene. Knockout mice are used as EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL MODELS for diseases (DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL) and to clarify the functions of the genes.Rats, Sprague-Dawley: A strain of albino rat used widely for experimental purposes because of its calmness and ease of handling. It was developed by the Sprague-Dawley Animal Company.Rats, Inbred BNVisual Fields: The total area or space visible in a person's peripheral vision with the eye looking straightforward.Dendrites: Extensions of the nerve cell body. They are short and branched and receive stimuli from other NEURONS.Optic Disk: The portion of the optic nerve seen in the fundus with the ophthalmoscope. It is formed by the meeting of all the retinal ganglion cell axons as they enter the optic nerve.cis-trans-Isomerases: Enzymes that catalyze the rearrangement of geometry about double bonds. EC 5.2.Cell Differentiation: Progressive restriction of the developmental potential and increasing specialization of function that leads to the formation of specialized cells, tissues, and organs.Rats, Long-Evans: An outbred strain of rats developed in 1915 by crossing several Wistar Institute white females with a wild gray male. Inbred strains have been derived from this original outbred strain, including Long-Evans cinnamon rats (RATS, INBRED LEC) and Otsuka-Long-Evans-Tokushima Fatty rats (RATS, INBRED OLETF), which are models for Wilson's disease and non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, respectively.Pineal Gland: A light-sensitive neuroendocrine organ attached to the roof of the THIRD VENTRICLE of the brain. The pineal gland secretes MELATONIN, other BIOGENIC AMINES and NEUROPEPTIDES.Intravitreal Injections: The administration of substances into the VITREOUS BODY of the eye with a hypodermic syringe.
Laser surgery is a treatment option which uses a laser beam to seal off damaged blood vessels in the retina. Anti-vascular ... Retinal haemorrhages commonly occur in high attitude climbers, most likely due to the effects of systemic hypoxia on the eye. ... Risk is correlated with the maximum altitude reached, duration of exposure to high altitude conditions, and climb rate. A ... Visual impairment Bosch, Martina M.; Barthelmes, Daniel; Landau, Klara (December 2012). "High altitude retinal hemorrhages--an ...
A higher incidence is noted in developing countries, this has been attributed to lower socioeconomic status and the presence of ... Retina. Elsevier Health Sciences. p. 2105. ISBN 1455737801. MacCarthy A, Birch JM, Draper GJ, et al. (January 2009). " ... Retinoblastoma (Rb) is a rare form of cancer that rapidly develops from the immature cells of a retina, the light-detecting ... The most common and obvious sign of retinoblastoma is an abnormal appearance of the retina as viewed through the pupil, the ...
Scleral reinforcement surgery
If left untreated, high myopia can cause retinal detachment, glaucoma, and a higher risk of cataracts. The condition of ... Retina, 1992. 12(2): p. 127-33. Bores, L.D., Scleral Reinforcement, in Refractive Eye Surgery. 2001, Blackwell Science, Inc.: ... Scleral reinforcement is a surgical procedure used to reduce or stop further macular damage caused by high myopia, which often ... Others feel that the procedure should only be done in cases where high myopia is indicated with macular changes. Furthermore, ...
"Jules Gonin Lecturer of the Retina Research Foundation". Retina Research Foundation. Retrieved 22 June 2016. Miller, JW; Adamis ... Miller, JW (2008). "Higher irradiance and photodynamic therapy for age-related macular degeneration (an AOS thesis)". Trans Am ... "Jules Gonin Lecturer of the Retina Research Foundation". Retina Research Foundation. Retrieved 22 June 2016. Miller, JW (2003 ... "Joan Whitten Miller '80: Retina specialist advances her field-and the women in it". MIT Technology Review. Retrieved 3 June ...
Vision in fishes
The retina contains rod cells and cone cells. Within the retina, rod cells provide high visual sensitivity (at the cost of ... Their eyes have a large lens and a retina with an exceptional number of rod cells and a high density of rhodopsin (the "visual ... The distribution of photoreceptors across the retina is not uniform. Some areas have higher densities of cone cells, for ... The retina lines most of the interior of the eye, and there are two corneal openings, one directed up and the other down, that ...
A granulomatous reaction, induced by the exudate, may be seen with the retina. Portions of the retina may develop gliosis as a ... High resolution ultrasound with Doppler: a diagnostic adjunct in orbital and ocular lesions in children. Pediatr Radiol 1992; ... Retina 2002; 22(1): 80-91. BerrocalT, de Orbe A, Prieto C, et al. US and color Doppler imaging of ocular and orbital disease in ... Since the retina is fixed posteriorly at the optic disc, this enhancement has a V-shaped configuration. On MRI, the subretinal ...
An eagle's retina allows for a higher Nyquist limit. Its retina is more pronounced with rod cells and cone cells. In the eagle ... Its function is not clearly understood, but the general belief is that it helps to nourish the retina, keeps it healthy without ... the retina's fovea has one million cells per mm2 as compared to 200,000 per mm2 in humans. Eagles have a second fovea and three ...
The visual field data suggests that there is a higher incidence of end arteriolar distribution infarction and a higher ... A normal retina exam is consistent with retinal migraine. Treatment depends on identifying behavior that triggers migraine such ... As the true incidence of retinal migraine is unknown, it is uncertain whether there is a higher incidence of permanent ... The medical exam should rule out any underlying causes, such as blood clot, stroke, pituitary tumor, or detached retina. ...
Debris pulled off of the optic nerve and retina are then seen as floaters, suspended in the vitreous above the retina. ... although it may happen abnormally early in cases of high nearsightedness or trauma. As the vitreous detaches, it tugs on the ... A tear in the retina can occur with vitreous detachment, with trauma or eye injury, or in areas at risk for a retinal tear, ... This requires a careful dilated examination of the retina to look for tears, or other areas which may be at risk for tearing. A ...
High content of docosahexaenoate and of total diacylglycerol in retina. Biochem Biophys Res Comm 48:689-693, 1972. Aveldano MI ... Research led by Bazan in 2015 also discovered a protein in the retina that is crucial for vision. Bazan and his colleagues ... Biochem Biophys Res Comm 91:791-794, 1979 Bazan NG, di Fazio de Escalante MS, Careaga MM, Bazan HEP, Giusto NM: High content of ... The primary mission of the Center is to foster and conduct science of the highest caliber that advances the understanding of ...
... s are capable of repeated pecking on a tree at high decelerations on the order of 10,000 m/s2 (33,000 ft/s2) (1000 g ... These membranes also prevent the retina from tearing. The nostrils are also protected; they are often slit-like and have ... In general, cavity nesting is a successful strategy and a higher proportion of young are reared than is the case with birds ... Calls produced include brief high-pitched notes, trills, rattles, twittering, whistling, chattering, nasal churrs, screams and ...
Emily Ying Chew, M.D., is an American ophthalmologist and an expert on the human retina with a strong clinical and research ... That study established that daily high doses of certain Antioxidants and Minerals called the AREDS formulation can help slow ... Chew completed her medical retina fellowships at the Wilmer Eye Institute at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, ... Currently, she directs NEI's medical retina fellowship program. Chew's work includes data analysis from the Early Treatment ...
The avian retina is highly developed. It is thicker than the mammalian retina, has a higher metabolic activity, and has less ... for the saccadic movement of the human eye is that the central part of the retina-known as the fovea-which provides the high- ... The high peak velocities and the main sequence relationship can also be used to distinguish micro-/saccades from other eye ... Saccades are one of the fastest movements produced by the human body (blinks may reach even higher peak velocities). The peak ...
Key components of the diet are high fat content to meet caloric requirements of growth, high protein to meet requirements for ... At first, the retina is poorly developed and vision is poor. Kittens are not able to see as well as adult cats until about ten ... Cats are naturally carnivores and require high amounts of protein in the diet. Kittens are undergoing growth and require high ... Kittens require a high-calorie diet that contains more protein than the diet of adult cats. Young orphaned kittens require cat ...
Retinal pigment epithelium
The high perfusion of retina brings a high oxygen tension environment. The combination of light and oxygen brings oxidative ... The front end continuation of the retina is the posterior iris epithelium, which takes on pigment when it enters the iris. When ... The pigmented layer of retina or retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) is the pigmented cell layer just outside the neurosensory ... Bruch's membrane Drusen Macula of retina Fovea centralis Fundus (eye) This article incorporates text in the public domain from ...
In the fovea, which has high acuity, these ganglion cells connect to as few as 5 photoreceptor cells; in other areas of retina ... The fibres from the retina run along the optic nerve to nine primary visual nuclei in the brain, from which a major relay ... The optic nerve, also known as cranial nerve II, is a paired nerve that transmits visual information from the retina to the ... the nasal hemi-retina) of both eyes. The proportion of decussating fibers varies between species, and is correlated with the ...
Exposure to high levels of lead at this time can lead to inferior spatial learning performance. Studies have shown that ... It also can affect neurons outside the brain in the retina. Environmental enrichment affects the complexity and length of the ... Not only is higher education linked to a more cognitively demanding educational experience, but it also correlates with a ... When synapse numbers increase in adults, they can remain high in number even when the adults are returned to impoverished ...
Cornsweet, T.N. (1962). "Changes in the appearance of stimuli of very high luminance". Psychol. Rev. 69: 257-273. doi:10.1037/ ... 1983) Cornsweet, T.N. (1983). "Image processing in the retina". Journal of the Optical Society of America. 73: 1944. doi: ... "Measuring movements of the retinal image with respect to the retina". In: Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, Volume 2, Plenum ...
doi:10.1007/s12021-011-9102-5. Helmstaedter M, Briggman KL, Denk W (2011). "High-accuracy neurite reconstruction for high- ... 2014). "Space-time wiring specificity supports direction selectivity in the retina". Nature. 509: 331-336. doi:10.1038/ ... Due to the high complexity of neuron morphology and often seen heavy noise in such images, as well as the typically encountered ...
Melatonin receptor 1B
This gene encodes the MT2 protein, one of two high-affinity forms of a receptor for melatonin, the primary hormone secreted by ... It is found primarily in the retina and brain; however, this detection requires RT-PCR. It is thought to participate in light- ... dependent functions in the retina and may be involved in the neurobiological effects of melatonin. Besides the brain and retina ... "Body Clock Linked To Diabetes And High Blood Sugar In New Genome-wide Study". ScienceDaily. 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2009-01-18 ...
It also features a Retina display. On April 19, 2016, Apple updated the 12-inch Retina MacBook with new sixth-generation Intel ... The keyboard of the higher-end model included a backlight. Although Gizmodo concluded it to be "our favorite MacBook to date," ... "13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display review (2013)". The Verge. Vox Media. "Apple Updates MacBook With LED-Backlit Display, ... Mossberg, Walter (October 28, 2008). "Apple Polishes Popular MacBook for a Higher Price". All Things Digital. The Wall Street ...
... higher DHA levels. DHA is a major fatty acid in brain phospholipids and the retina. While the potential roles of DHA in the ... It has been recommended to eat foods which are high in omega-3 fatty acids for women who want to become pregnant or when ... DHA comprises 40% of the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in the brain and 60% of the PUFAs in the retina. Fifty percent of ... In another early-stage study, higher DHA levels in middle-aged adults was related to better performance on tests of nonverbal ...
White dot syndromes
Specifically pertaining to the 'AZOOR complex,' Gass has postulated that a virus may enter the retina at the optic head and the ... He suggested these diseases represent one disease due to common factors such as a high occurrence in females, unexplained ... Ophthalmology Retina Retinal pigment epithelium , Tewari A, Elliot D. White Dot Syndromes. 2007. Emedicine from WebMD. ... In normal cases, inflammation of the retina or choroid does not occur. Muller and RPE cells normally release immunosuppressive ...
Retinal degeneration (rhodopsin mutation)
Mutations non-retina-specific ADRP genes that encode for proteins essential for pre-mRNA splicing may be a major cause of ADRP ... For example, mutations at Arg135 are associated with severe forms of retinitis pigmentosa and exhibit a high affinity for ... RP begins with death of rod photoreceptor cells, which are the only cells in the retina to express rhodopsin and which express ... Retinal degeneration is a retinopathy which consists in the deterioration of the retina caused by the progressive death of its ...
The high spatial density of cones along with the absence of blood vessels at the fovea accounts for the high visual acuity ... The size of the fovea is relatively small with regard to the rest of the retina. However, it is the only area in the retina ... This is the thickest part of the retina. The fovea is located in a small avascular zone and receives most of its oxygen from ... Part 6 Retina and Vitreous, Section 1 Anatomy. 4th ed. China: Elsevier SAUNDERS. p. 420. Ahmad; et al. (2003). "Cell density ...
John E. Pickering
Pickering, J. E., Langham, W. H., & Rambach, W. A. (1960). The effects from massive doses of high dose rate gamma radiation on ... Effects of Gamma Radiation on the Retina DEMYELINIZATION INDUCED IN THE BRAINS OF MONKEYS BY MEANS OF FAST NEUTRONS ... and when they came to an orchard wall that seemed too high to climb, too doubtful to try, too difficult to permit their journey ... Sequelae after application of high-intensity X-radiation to the head of rabbits. Radiation research, 2(3), 219-226. BROWN, D. V ...
Type 2 diabetes
... (T2D), formerly known as adult-onset diabetes, is a form of diabetes that is characterized by high blood sugar ... The World Health Organization recommends testing those groups at high risk and in 2014 the USPSTF is considering a similar ... Type 2 diabetes is characterized by high blood glucose in the context of insulin resistance and relative insulin deficiency.[60 ... a high waist-hip ratio is often present. Smoking appears to increase the risk of type 2 diabetes. A lack of sleep has ...
... and is the region capable of producing the highest visual acuity or highest resolution. Across the rest of the retina, rods and ... The process of phototransduction occurs in the retina. The retina has many layers of various cell types. The best-known ... About 120 million rods distributed around the retina. About 6 million cones distributed in each retina. ... See retina for information on the retinal layer structure. *^ Provencio, I.; et al. (2000-01-15). "A human opsin in the inner ...
"High Eye Pressure and Glaucoma." Glaucoma Research Foundation. N.p., 5 Sept. 2013. Web.,. "High Eye Pressure and Glaucoma". ... retina, or lens), as well as can create complication that can cause cataracts, glaucoma, retinal damage, age-related macular ... Those with worsening sight and the prognosis of eventual blindness are at comparatively high risk of suicide and thus may be in ... Moreover, psychological distress has been reported to be at its highest when sight loss is not complete, but the prognosis is ...
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor
... and higher thinking. BDNF is also expressed in the retina, kidneys, prostate, motor neurons and skeletal muscle and it is ... High levels of BDNF and Substance P have been associated with increased itching in eczema. ... The Val66Met mutation results in a reduction of hippocampal tissue and has since been reported in a high number of individuals ... high BDNF and active TrkB interaction appears to be necessary during a critical developmental period as it is regulatory in ...
... and its significance for the origin of higher primates". Contributions from the Museum of Paleontology, University of Michigan ... and the tapetum lucidum behind the retina. Among the adapiforms, most are considered diurnal, with the exception of ... most or all species are thought to possess a reflective layer behind the retina of the eye, called a tapetum lucidum ( ...
Gastrulation - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He once held the record for the highest score by a nightwatchman in Test cricket with 125 for South Africa v Zimbabwe at Harare ... There was no damage to the retina, so it was felt that there was a chance for Boucher to recover some vision in the damaged eye ... He along with Justin Kemp set the record for the highest 6th wicket stand in ICC Champions Trophy history(131) ... "Cricket Records , Records , ICC Champions Trophy (ICC KnockOut) , Highest partnerships by wicket , ESPN Cricinfo". Cricinfo. ...
Not to be confused with Retinol or Retina.. Retinal is also known as retinaldehyde. It was originally called retinene, and ... With the exception of the dipteran suborder Cyclorrhapha, the so-called higher flies, all insects examined use the (R)- ... This configuration change pushes against an opsin protein in the retina, which triggers a chemical signaling cascade which can ...
Growing Up in the Universe
RichardDawkins.net now has a youtube channel ... Growing Up in the Universe in high-quality, full-length episodes. at the ... Both are involved in similar processes - using a lens to direct light onto a film or a retina. Both the camera and the eye also ... The child web that is able to capture the highest number of flies is selected as the parent for the next generation of webs. ... Dawkins discusses how the image on the retina is upside-down and in two dimensions but the overlapping images from each of the ...
Non-invasive intracranial pressure measurement methods
The TCD measures the velocity of blood flow through the major intracranial vessels by emitting a high frequency (,2MHz) wave ... of the nerve fiber layer and infers ICP from it laid claims of being able to detect theIH-induced thickening of the retina ... High accuracy, precision, sensitivity and specificity of proposed method are fully acceptable for clinical practice and for ... is suggestive of high, and outward of normal or low ICP. The direction and magnitude of TMD, however, depend not only on the ...
The world's online database of high quality used glasses, ReSpectacle, retrieved 11 July 2017. ... Corrective lenses bring the image back into focus on the retina. They are made to conform to the prescription of an ... Higher power lenses can cause distortion of peripheral vision and may become thick and heavy if a large lens shape is used. ... Used for physically active wearers, children, and people with high prescriptions (heavy lenses). See the image of 1920s ...
Highlights & Shadows tool has been updated to deliver higher-quality results and work with extended range data. A new Auto ... Support of MacBook Retina display  Requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks. 3.5.1 November 14, 2013 White Balance now works as ... 64 bit application, able to handle huge files such as very high definition scans. ... Key photos made from panoramic images are now displayed at high resolution ...
retina homeostasis. • iron ion transport. • cellular iron ion homeostasis. • membrane organization. • ferrous iron import ... A high transferrin level may indicate an iron deficiency anemia. Levels of serum iron and total iron binding capacity (TIBC) ... The affinity of transferrin for Fe(III) is extremely high (association constant is 1020 M−1 at pH 7.4) but decreases ... it forms the most vital iron pool with the highest rate of turnover (25 mg/24 h). Transferrin has a molecular weight of around ...
A hypertensive emergency, formerly known as malignant hypertension, is high blood pressure with potentially life-threatening ... The eyes may show bleeding in the retina, an exudate, cotton-wool spots, scattered splinter hemorrhages, or swelling of the ... People who suffer from chronic hypertension can tolerate higher arterial pressure before their autoregulation system is ... and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task ...
The highest bird diversity occurs in tropical regions. It was earlier thought that this high diversity was the result of higher ... The bird retina has a fan shaped blood supply system called the pecten. ... for which higher temperatures during incubation resulted in a higher female-to-male sex ratio. This, however, was later ... however recent studies found higher speciation rates in the high latitudes that were offset by greater extinction rates than in ...
Evolution of mammals
Tachymetabolism, maintaining a high metabolic rate, particularly when at rest. This requires a fairly high and stable body ... Probably as a side-effect of the nocturnal life, mammals lost two of the four cone opsins, photoreceptors in the retina, ... In: Schultze H.-P., Trueb L., (ed) Origins of the higher groups of tetrapods - controversy and consensus. Ithaca: Cornell ... Secondary bony palates have been found in the more advanced cynodonts and have been used as evidence of high metabolic rates.[ ...
They are also considered to be the more active cell because of the presence of certain cellular contents, including a high ... Researchers have also indicated the presence of several proteins found in the retina in the pinealocytes in chicken and fish. ... Type 2 pinealocytes are also known as dark pinealocytes because they stain at a high density when viewed under a light ... Genetic evidence demonstrates that phototransduction genes present in the DNA of the retina are also present in the DNA of ...
மனித மூளை - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
Shift work sleep disorder
Although SWSD can appear at any age, the highest prevalence is in the 50 years old and above age bracket and even more so in ... Photoreceptors located in the retina of the eye send information about environmental light through the retinohypothalamic tract ... In the same article, the authors affirm that there is a high prevalence of unsleepiness and symptoms of sleep disorders related ... demonstrated that those working night shifts had a significantly higher risk of hazardous driving events when compared to those ...
Tom Knight (scientist)
The Lisp Machine was a microprogrammed machine, tuned for high-performance emulation of other instruction sets. The design of ... Other notable and diverse accomplishments during the 1980s included the creation of the first silicon retina in 1981, the ... he took classes in computer programming and organic chemistry during high school because he lived close to that university. ...
... have an area of the central retina adapted for high-acuity vision. This area, termed the fovea centralis, is avascular (does ... Around the fovea extends the central retina for about 6 mm and then the peripheral retina. The farthest edge of the retina is ... The vertebrate retina is inverted in the sense that the light sensing cells are in back of the retina, so that light has to ... Photobiology of the retina "Light-Induced Damage to the Retina". Archived from the original on 9 August 2012. Retrieved 27 July ...
Eye movement in reading
However, Leonardo did not know that the retina is the sensible layer, he still believed that the lens is the organ of vision. ... In fact, it is only the projection of eye dipole to the skin, because higher frequencies, corresponding to EMG, are filtered ... a method of recording the electrical potential between the cornea and the retina. Electrodes may be covered with special ... E-Z Reader and SWIFT emphasise higher level cognitive processes such as lexical processing, word frequency, word parsing or ...
Normal is approximately 85 to 90% or higher.. *Sleep stages: these are based on 3 sources of data coming from 7 channels: EEG ( ... the cornea is positively charged relative to the retina). This helps to determine when REM sleep occurs, of which rapid eye ... In summary, this split night study shows severe OSA in the pre-CPAP period, with definite improvement on high levels of CPAP. ... electrodes pick up the activity of the eyes in virtue of the electropotential difference between the cornea and the retina ( ...
For high precision spectroscopy, wavelength-scanned lasers and frequency combs have recently become powerful sources, albeit ... but despite this limitation OCT has become an established medical imaging technique especially for imaging of the retina and ... Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is another NIR medical imaging technique capable of 3D imaging with high resolution on par ...
New iMacs To Get High Resolution Retina Displays - Business Insider
REPORT: New iMacs Will Also Get High Resolution Retina Displays. Steve Kovach ... Following the news that Apple plans to release a redesigned line of MacBooks with high resolution displays, ABC now reports new ... The display will likely be similar in resolution to the Retina display found on iPhones and the new iPad. ...
css - Retina displays, high-res background images - Stack Overflow
and if I use a media query like this to target retina displays (With the @2x image being the high-res version); ... If you are planing to use the same image for retina and non-retina screen then here is the solution. Say that you have a image ... Heres a solution that also includes High(er)DPI (MDPI) devices > ~160 dots per inch like quite a few non-iOS Devices (f.e.: ... To add a little more to this answer, here is the retina detection query I tend to use:. @media only screen and (-webkit-min- ...
Feature request] FARR retina (high-dpi) aware ?
... only the windows title is retina.. Is there a way to make the other fonts look nice ?. [Feature request] FARR retina (high-dpi ... Hi mouser, any chance you could make FARR retina display aware ? I dont know how it works... but i would be more than enough ... if you could make the result list retina.. Cheers, Nitrix mouser: What exactly would it mean to make it retina display aware? ...
Mac OS X Lion Building in Support for Super High Resolution 'Retina' Monitors - MacRumors
Mac OS X Lion Building in Support for Super High Resolution Retina Monitors. ... a higher-resolution 1080p front-facing FaceTime camera, a True Tone display with a nano-texture glass option, a T2 chip, higher ... just like on the iPhone to support its high resolution Retina display. ... All the screen elements would be the same physical size as elements on the 1440x900 display, but with a much higher level of ...
Retina High Definition Websites | Ascensor
Discover the benefits of Retina high definition websites. Read how your website can be upgraded to make sure that it remains on ... Retina high definition websites also allow your companys online presence to be visible in high definition on mobile devices ... Retina high definition websites are the answer to these problems as they allow your businesss website to live up to its ... Buy building a retina high definition website or converting your existing website, you can make sure your brand, products and ...
Kensington - Apple - iPad mini™ with Retina display - Hi-Fi Headphones
Email this page ( Keep MBP 13' Retina or buy high-end PC? ) - Neowin
I thought you might be interested in looking at Keep MBP 13 Retina or buy high-end PC?. ... I thought you might be interested in looking at Keep MBP 13 Retina or buy high-end PC?. ... www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1131696-keep-mbp-13-retina-or-buy-high-end-pc/?do=findComment&comment=595465412 ... www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1131696-keep-mbp-13-retina-or-buy-high-end-pc/?do=findComment&comment=595465412 ...
Air Display Retina upgrade turns new iPad into high-res second screen - SlashGear
Air Display for iPad has received a much-anticipated Retina Display upgrade, turning the new iPad into a 2048 x 1536 second ... Air Display Retina upgrade turns new iPad into high-res second screen. Chris Davies - Apr 3, 2012, 4:10am CDT ... Air Display for iPad has received a much-anticipated Retina Display upgrade, turning the new iPad into a 2048 x 1536 second ... "Its absolutely stunning on a Retina display" app developer Avatron says, but "by default, Mac OS X disables HiDPI because ...
Macbook Pro may get high res 'retina display' | KitGuru
Tags Macbook Pro to get high res retina display news retina display ... Home / Lifestyle / Mobile / Mac / Macbook Pro may get high res retina display ... Macbook Pro may get high res retina display. Harrison March 26, 2012 Mac ... We have all seen how the ultra high resolution panels have improved the iPad 3, so it makes sense for Apple to move the ...
High-Resolution Electrical Stimulation of Primate Retina for Epiretinal Implant Design | Journal of Neuroscience
High-Resolution Electrical Stimulation of Primate Retina for Epiretinal Implant Design. Chris Sekirnjak, Pawel Hottowy, ... High-Resolution Electrical Stimulation of Primate Retina for Epiretinal Implant Design. Chris Sekirnjak, Pawel Hottowy, ... A and B are from the same retina as shown in Figure 1. C and D, are from a different retina. To emphasize that the vast ... High-Resolution Electrical Stimulation of Primate Retina for Epiretinal Implant Design Message Subject (Your Name) has ...
Ask Slashdot: Good Linux Desktop Environment For Hi-Def/Retina Displays? - Slashdot
I gave in to temptation and bought myself a Macbook retina 15. As you can read around, Linux still has no good support for ... Linux Is a Lemon On the Retina MacBook Pro. Submission: Ask Slashdot: Good linux desktop environment for hi-def/retina displays ... Retina for Firefox. Retina for OpenOffice (Libre Office had support day 1). Retina Ubuntu... So now you are just dead wrong. ... No one cares about Linux and Retina support because Retina is Apple and no one uses Linux that cares about Retina/Apple. ...
Ask Slashdot: Good linux desktop environment for hi-def/retina displays? - Slashdot
I gave up to temptation and bought myself a macbook retina 15. As you can read around, linux still has no good support for ... Submission + - Ask Slashdot: Good linux desktop environment for hi-def/retina displays? 1 Submitted by Volanin on Friday ... Ask Slashdot: Good linux desktop environment for hi-def/retina displays?. Archived Discussion. Load All Comments ... Ask Slashdot: Good linux desktop environment for hi-def/retina displays? More Login ...
Retina iPad mini kicks Apple's holiday assault on rivals into high gear - BGR
The iPad mini with Retina Display finally went on sale Tuesday, just 11 days after the iPad Air became available to consumers. ... Retina iPad mini kicks Apples holiday assault on rivals into high gear. ... CEO Tim Cook has said that he expects it to be an "iPad Christmas," when the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display are ... The iPad mini with Retina Display finally went on sale Tuesday, just 11 days after the iPad Air became available to consumers. ...
Ensuring our Canvas Visuals Look Good on Retina/High-DPI Screens
... how to implement some sweet downsampling techniques to ensure what we create on the canvas looks sharp and crisp even on high- ... When viewed on a high-DPI screen like those found in our phones or Retina displays or 4k/5k/8k screens, displaying our 72DPI ... Ensuring our Canvas Looks Good on Retina/High-DPI Screens. by kirupa , filed under Working with the Canvas ... Currently, what we are drawing isnt high-DPI friendly and will look blurry on a high-DPI device. We are going to fix that. Add ...
Hi there, Will this charger work with the A1398 Macbook pro retina 2012, and if not, what charger will? - Apple (MY)
Hi there, Will this charger work with the A1398 Macbook pro retina 2012, and if not, what charger will?. ... Hi there, Will this charger work with the A1398 Macbook pro retina 2012, and if not, what charger will? ... Flag as inappropriate (Hi there, Will this charger work with the A1398 Macbook pro retina 2012, and if not, what charger will?) ... Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (for MacBook Pro with Retina display) View all Questions ...
iCash 7.6 release (Hi-DPI/Retina support) | Maxprog Forums
Illustrate Something for an upcoming kids book (must be RETINA HIGH RESOLUTION VECTORS) | Freelancer
... must be RETINA HIGH RESOLUTION VECTORS) contest on Freelancer. Enter this Caricature & Cartoons contest, find Design jobs or ... Illustrate Something for an upcoming kids book (must be RETINA HIGH RESOLUTION VECTORS) * Status: Closed ... Illustrate Something for an upcoming kids book (must be RETINA HIGH RESOLUTION VECTORS) ... This will help you from creating a high resolution version before getting feedback. I dont want you wasting your time if its ...
High Definition Retina 螢幐俜譴貶- iPhone 5 導甯
eMail Extractor 3.7 release (Hi-DPI/Retina support) | Maxprog Forums
Is iPhone 6's ppi not as high as Macbook Pro with Retina display's? | MacRumors Forums
I feel like the display on my iphone 6 is not as crisp as it is on the macbook pro with retina display. Is this because the ... Its higher on the iPhone. The Mac screen looks better because its a higher quality display in other aspects ... Is iPhone 6s ppi not as high as Macbook Pro with Retina displays?. ... I feel like the display on my iphone 6 is not as crisp as it is on the macbook pro with retina display. Is this because the ...
Apple Updates Retina MacBook Pro with New Processors, Drops Pricing on 13-Inch Models and High-End MacBook Air - MacRumors
Apple today announced that it has updated its Retina MacBook Pro lineup with new processors, also moving to lower pricing ... The high-end 15-inch stock configuration now has the twice the amount of RAM that it had previously and the new 13-inch Retina ... Apple Updates Retina MacBook Pro with New Processors, Drops Pricing on 13-Inch Models and High-End MacBook Air. Wednesday ... Update: Apple has also eliminated the high-end stock configuration of the non-Retina 15-inch MacBook Pro, leaving only the base ...
TrueClear™ High Definition for Retina Display Screen Protector with Anti-Smudge for iPad Air
Every TrueClear™ High Definition for Retina Display iPad Air Screen Protector is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. So if ... The High Definition for Retina Display iPad Air Screen Protector features a specialized finish that resists fingerprints, ... giving you a level of sharpness and vibrancy higher than even the leading competitors high-definition products. ... TrueClear™ High Definition Screen Protectors will keep your iPad Air screen looking its best. The amazingly transparent ...
audio - High pitched noise. Macbook pro retina - Ask Different
The problem is - high pitched noisy tiny sound that u can hear only using more or less quality headphones. I use yamaha rh-5ma ... Youll hear this high pitched noise. The moment of start/stop playback can cause some different pitched artefacts. On different ... The problem is that not everyone is able to hear this sounds because not everyone hear this high frequency. (approx 14-17khz, ... Will a higher security deposit build credit faster with a secured card? ...
Retina Consultants Of Hawaii - Best Hospitals in Honolulu, HI
See where Retina Consultants Of Hawaii ranks among the best Hospitals in Honolulu, HI. Retina Consultants Of Hawaii, 1380 ... www.bizvotes.com/hi/honolulu/hospitals/retina-consultants-of-hawaii-94728.html title=Vote for Retina Consultants Of Hawaii in ... Retina Consultants of Hawaii has gained the faith and trust of our patients and the referring physicians in Hawaii since 1993 ... Retina Consultants of Hawaii has gained the faith and trust of our patients and the referring physicians in Hawaii since 1993 ...
Dell Precision M4800 and M6800 mobile workstations with Quad HD+ IGZO promises higher resolution than MacBook Pro Retina -...
Dell has unveiled a pair of high-end mobile workstations called the Precision M4800 and M6800. In addition to aiming these ... Dell Precision M4800 and M6800 mobile workstations with Quad HD+ IGZO promises higher resolution than MacBook Pro Retina. Shane ... The workstations feature an available 15.6-inch Quad HD+ IGZO panel offering higher resolution than the MacBook Pro retina ... Dell has unveiled a pair of high-end mobile workstations called the Precision M4800 and M6800. ...
Fix for blurry high-dpi / retina window • E-Maculation Forum
Fix for blurry high-dpi / retina window. Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise ... It seems that this entry in Info.plist causes problems with at least some Retina screens:. viewtopic.php?p=62270#p62270. ... That would only mask the true problem and take away the possibility of sharp rendering on retina displays. And we all know that ... After some googling around, I have found that for SDL to truly render at the higher resolution, the flag SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_ ...
High-Resolution Ultrasound Imaging of the Retina and Choroid for Detection on Age Related Macular Degeneration - Full Text View...
High-Resolution Ultrasound Imaging of the Retina and Choroid for Detection on Age Related Macular Degeneration. The safety and ... Specifically, high-resolution ultrasound will be used to generate images of the retina and choroid, including perfusion ... This study will investigate use of high frequency (20 MHz) ultrasound for imaging of the retina and choroid in patients with ... The macula is the site of central vision within the retina. The retina is oxygenated by the underlying choroid. These tissues ...
Retina, High-DPI & Your Web App - Apptentive
... and higher pixel densities can add a lot of complexity to the front-end. Get a primer on supporting HiDPI and Retina displays. ... Retina, High-DPI & Your Web App. Andrew Crocker // August 7, 2013 // 5 min read ... New devices with higher resolutions are on the horizon, so tying yourself to the current high density mark may leave your site ... Retina.js - a dead-simple image replacement tool. If you are comfortable making 2 versions of each asset this is the way to go. ...
Digikam-devel] [digikam] [Bug 337231] use high resolution pixmaps on retina displays [patch]
... Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at ... Previous message (by thread): [Digikam-devel] [digikam] [Bug 337231] use high resolution pixmaps on retina displays [patch] ... Next message (by thread): [Digikam-devel] [digikam] [Bug 337231] use high resolution pixmaps on retina displays [patch] ... Previous message (by thread): [Digikam-devel] [digikam] [Bug 337231] use high resolution pixmaps on retina displays [patch] ...
Latest report suggests iPhone 8 screen features higher 521 PPI density, 3x Retina scaling like Plus models - 9to5Mac
Latest report suggests iPhone 8 screen features higher 521 PPI density, 3x Retina scaling like Plus models. Benjamin Mayo ... Going further, we can estimate that Apple will utilize this high-density screen at 3x Retina scaling. Why? The current non-Plus ... KGIs numbers imply that the iPhone 8 will have a pixel density around 521 PPI, far higher than the existing iPhone lineup ( ... iPhone 7 PPI is ~320). It also seems likely that Apple will use Retina assets at 3x scale, packing Plus features into a body ...
NeuralHuman retinaStunning Retina displayDisplaysOptical coherenceRetinalIPad miniSporting a Retina display256GB1536 Retina displayDisplay on the new iPadNeuronsScreensApple's MacBook ProMacBook Pro'sMacaque retina2048IMacResolutionPrimate retinaIntel Core2880ScreenPixel densityDisplay'sAppleHiDPiChoroidElectrical stimulationPixelsIPhone 4SSupportContentConsultantsImagesProsthetic16GBFaceTimeConsists1,299Visual perceptionBatteryTimeChromebook PixelWorld'sBlurrySearchIconsDockApps
- This study used multielectrode arrays to stimulate ganglion cells in the peripheral macaque retina, which is very similar to the human retina. (jneurosci.org)
- Third, the size and spacing of stimulation electrodes must be functional in human retina. (jneurosci.org)
- To approach these issues, the macaque monkey retina is the experimental model of choice, because it closely resembles the human retina ( Rodieck, 1998 ). (jneurosci.org)
- David Catlin and Christopher Dainty, "High-resolution imaging of the human retina with a Fourier deconvolution technique," J. Opt. (osapublishing.org)
- The area of the human retina is 1,094 square mm (Bernstein, personal communication), calculated from the expectations that the average dimension of the human eye is 22 mm from anterior to posterior poles, and that 72% of the inside of the globe is retina ( 2 ). (nih.gov)
Stunning Retina display3
- Apple today unveiled an all new 15-inch MacBook Pro featuring a stunning Retina display, all flash storage and quad-core processors in a radically thin and light design. (macdailynews.com)
- SAN FRANCISCO-September 1, 2010-Apple® today announced the new iPod touch®, packed with incredible new features including Apple's stunning Retina™ display, FaceTime® video calling, HD video recording, Apple's A4 chip, 3-axis gyro, iOS 4.1 and Game Center-all combined in the thinnest and lightest iPod touch ever. (engadget.com)
- Apple's stunning Retina display makes everything on iPod touch look even more incredible, whether playing games, watching video, browsing the web or flicking through photos. (engadget.com)
- Amazon Following the news that Apple plans to release a redesigned line of MacBooks with high resolution displays, ABC now reports new iMacs with better screens are coming too . (businessinsider.com)
- Resolution independence has been a long talked about feature that would eventually provide support for high DPI (dots per inch) displays. (macrumors.com)
- These HiDPI modes allow developers to supply 2x-enlarged images to support double-high resolution displays. (macrumors.com)
- There has already been talk about iPad-sized Retina displays which would have 2048x1536 resolution on a 9.7" screen. (macrumors.com)
- Ask Slashdot: Good Linux Desktop Environment For Hi-Def/Retina Displays? (slashdot.org)
- When viewed on a high-DPI screen like those found in our phones or Retina displays or 4k/5k/8k screens, displaying our 72DPI visual at the intended size requires more pixels than what the original image is made up of. (kirupa.com)
- Just like all LCD displays are not perfect, there are some things you just have to live with, but without hearing your specific Mac it's hard to tell if your expectations are too high or if your hardware is less performant than a typical Mac of that design. (stackexchange.com)
- That would only mask the true problem and take away the possibility of sharp rendering on retina displays. (emaculation.com)
- Fast forward to today where almost all mobile devices and many notebooks are running High-DPI displays. (apptentive.com)
- These machines can only power 4K displays with one Thunderbolt port and at designated refresh rates only, leading MacRumors to speculate that the rumored Retina Thuderbolt Display would actually support the aforementioned "Cinema 4K" resolution rather than the 5K one. (idownloadblog.com)
- However, the rumored release of a Retina-enabled iMac all-in-one desktop and a dedicated 5K Thunderbolt Display is expected to spur demand as the company mainstreams Ultra HD displays. (idownloadblog.com)
- But this generation two version of both the 13- and 15-inch super slim notebooks with high-res displays is still something many average users will be weighing as an outlier possibility versus the more mainstream MacBook Air. (techcrunch.com)
- Well, if very high res displays become common anyways. (arstechnica.com)
- Whilst the technique and code below works fine, where possible I have used Icon Fonts and SVG images, which negates some of the issues inherent with Retina/High res displays. (benfrain.com)
- Check out my other post for more info on serving high resolution images to retina/high resolution displays . (benfrain.com)
- We want to provide high resolution inline images to users of retina/HD displays where possible. (benfrain.com)
- If you developed for iPad you notice that glGetRenderbufferParameterivOES return 1024×768 but not retina displays. (david-amador.com)
- It has a higher-resolution at 2,048 x 1,536-pixel display that is 4 times the number of pixels from iPad and iPad 2 which only displays at 1024 x 768 resolutions. (techathand.net)
- Handling the DPI property on Retina displays. (unity3d.com)
- The clock speed of 1.7Ghz is healthy enough to grab some headlines of its own, but it's the processor's ability to support very high resolution displays that is Samsung's secret weapon. (digitaltrends.com)
- The mixin creates a media query specifically for Retina displays, changes the background image for the selector elements to use the high-resolution (@2x) variant and applies a background-size of the original image in order to maintain proper dimensions. (github.com)
- Demand for Apple's new iPad remains strong, but production of the device has reportedly been limited by supply of Retina displays, as well as a new focus on employees at Foxconn that has resulted in worker hours being cut. (appleinsider.com)
- Samsung is currently believed to be the primary supplier of Retina displays for the new iPad. (appleinsider.com)
- Two Thunderbolt and two USB 3.0 ports allow pro users to connect to multiple displays and high performance devices, and a new HDMI port offers quick connectivity to HDTVs. (macdailynews.com)
- fantasai , Ben Frain , and Peter Gasston have all written about this topic before, though I still see a lot developers using verbose media queries for retina/high resolution displays so I figured I would write up my own post. (brettjankord.com)
- HD Quality, great for retina displays! (cnet.com)
- Will we need to use media queries for non retina displays so the retina displays don't download background images twice? (css-tricks.com)
- Re: [Interest] How to render small Images decently on non retina displays with QtQuick? (mail-archive.com)
- However, on non Retina displays they get really bad! (mail-archive.com)
- What is the rule of thumb to use QtQuick Image element on on retina displays? (mail-archive.com)
- Are you ready for Androids with Retina Displays? (gigaom.com)
- Retina displays are now ubiquitous across the iOS line, and the "standard" MacBook Pro sans Retina display seems destined for the dustbin. (imore.com)
- Having read Tech Specs page for the 15-inch MacBook Pro , one thing stood out for me-the machine can drive not one, not two, not three, but four high-resolution external displays. (idownloadblog.com)
- The development of retinal implants for the blind depends crucially on understanding how neurons in the retina respond to electrical stimulation. (jneurosci.org)
- Furthermore, it is unknown whether a high spatial resolution can be achieved with retinal implants by varying the size, number, and spacing of stimulation sites. (jneurosci.org)
- We have developed a new OCT technique for retinal imaging that is based on a transversal scanning scheme and combines the imaging modes of a scanning laser ophthalmoscope with the depth sectioning capability of OCT. A stable high-frequency carrier is generated by use of an acousto optic modulator, and high frame rate is obtained by using a resonant scanning mirror for the priority scan (x-direction). (spie.org)
- A high-resolution retinal imaging camera is described that uses a Shack-Hartmann wave-front sensor and a Fourier deconvolution imaging technique. (osapublishing.org)
- The operation of the camera is discussed in detail and high-resolution retinal images of the human cone mosaic are shown for a retinal patch approximately 10 arc min in diameter from two different retinal locations. (osapublishing.org)
- High resolution 2D and 3D tomograms acquired with the SD-OCT system show clear visualization of all intra-retinal layers, including the inner and outer photoreceptor segments, as well as the inner and outer limiting membranes. (arvojournals.org)
- This imaging system can potentially be used for simultaneous measurement retinal morphology, choroidal blood flow and light induced functional responses in the retina.Support: NSERC, ORDCF, Peter & Louise Walter Retinal Regeneration fund. (arvojournals.org)
- BOSTON - August 27, 2015 - For decades, clinicians have detected and monitored diabetic eye disease with standard retinal photographs that cover about a third of the retina. (joslin.org)
- In recent years, an emerging class of ultrawide field (UWF) cameras has given a substantially larger view of the retina, providing new insight on the presentation and natural history of retinal disease. (joslin.org)
- Investigators at the Joslin Diabetes Center now have shown that eyes with diabetic retinal lesions predominantly in peripheral areas of the retina that are seen in UWF images but not in traditional retinal photographs show surprisingly higher risks of progressing to advanced stages of vision-threatening diabetic retinopathy. (joslin.org)
- The traditional Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study (ETDRS) photography is composed of seven standard 30⁰ retinal photographs to represent about 30 percent of the retina, he explains. (joslin.org)
- With UWF, we're able to see 82 percent of the retina in a single 200⁰ retinal image, with high resolution. (joslin.org)
- Second, signals from AII amacrine cells may diverge to most or all of the approximately 20 retinal ganglion cell types in the peripheral primate retina. (duke.edu)
- A retinal prosthesis must be both effective and safe, but most research related to electrical stimulation of the retina has involved measures of efficacy (for example, stimulus threshold), while relatively little research has investigated the safety of electrical stimulation. (escholarship.org)
- Also, control experiments were run with no electrical stimulation with retina contact (n = 4) and with no retinal contact (n = 3). (escholarship.org)
- During the follow-up period, retinal changes were observed only when the electrode contacted the retina, with or without electrical stimulation. (escholarship.org)
- Retinal haemorrhages commonly occur in high attitude climbers, most likely due to the effects of systemic hypoxia on the eye. (wikipedia.org)
- The iPad mini with Retina Display finally went on sale Tuesday , just 11 days after the iPad Air became available to consumers . (bgr.com)
- Apple has outdone itself with both tablets, especially the iPad mini, putting a Retina Display screen, which adds bulk to the tablet, in a design that weighs just 0.73 or 0.75 pounds, depending on if you have the 4G LTE model or not. (bgr.com)
- It's certainly not holding anything back with the iPad mini with Retina Display. (bgr.com)
- CEO Tim Cook has said that he expects it to be an "iPad Christmas," when the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display are combined. (bgr.com)
- The third-generation iPad mini would still sport the 2048×1536 Retina display of the upcoming second-generation iPad mini. (mactrast.com)
Sporting a Retina display1
1536 Retina display1
- That's slightly higher than Apple's celebrated 2048 x 1536 Retina display on the new iPad. (digitaltrends.com)
Display on the new iPad1
- Therefore, detailed knowledge of how individual neurons respond to electrical stimulation on a cellular level is needed for significant progress in the development of high-resolution implants. (jneurosci.org)
- We use multi-electrode arrays to record the activity of hundreds of retina neurons simultaneously in conjunction with transgenic mouse lines and chemogenetics to manipulate neural circuit function. (duke.edu)
- First, we work to understand how neurons in the retina are functionally connected. (duke.edu)
- The neural retina consists of several layers of neurons interconnected by synapses , and is supported by an outer layer of pigmented epithelial cells. (wikipedia.org)
- The vertebrate retina is inverted in the sense that the light sensing cells are in back of the retina, so that light has to pass through layers of neurons and capillaries before it reaches the rods and cones. (wikipedia.org)
- In contrast, in the cephalopod retina the photoreceptors are in front, with processing neurons and capillaries behind them. (wikipedia.org)
- It acts by electrically stimulating neurons in the retina, which are left relatively unscathed by the effects of AMD while other 'image capturing' cells, known as photoreceptors, are lost. (innovations-report.com)
- People with high-DPI screens say that KDE desktop and apps are working quite well. (slashdot.org)
- If you thought that dealing with blurry visuals related to high-DPI screens don't apply to the canvas, you are in for a treat. (kirupa.com)
- Apple currently offers Retina screens on the MacBook Pro family. (idownloadblog.com)
- The new iPad brags on lot of improvements starting on the Retina display (Apple uses the 'Retina' display to label its iPhone screens). (techathand.net)
- Can X11 scale to virtual resoltions on HiDPI/Retina screens the way OS X does? (stackexchange.com)
- Do high-DPI screens play nicely with tiling window managers? (stackexchange.com)
- A Canvas element in HTML has two different sizes properties and we should use them to adapt our content to High Resolution Screens (Retina included). (unity3d.com)
- Both LG and Sharp were said to have initially struggled in making the high-resolution screens for Apple, but recently began small-volume shipments. (appleinsider.com)
- For including high-res graphics, but only for screens that can make use of them. (css-tricks.com)
- Their unadjustable screens sit so high over the desktop that the top of the screen of the 27" iMac is over eye level for me, and that's not good for my old neck. (tug.org)
Apple's MacBook Pro2
- Air Display for iPad has received a much-anticipated Retina Display upgrade, turning the new iPad into a 2048 x 1536 second screen for your PC or Mac. (slashgear.com)
- IMAGE RESOLUTION REQUIREMENT (submitted samples can be lower but to win you MUST have a high resolution version): 2048 x 1536 at 264 dpi. (freelancer.com)
- Apple today announced a new 27-inch iMac with faster 10th-generation Intel Core processor options, next-generation AMD graphics, up to 128GB of RAM, a higher-resolution 1080p front-facing FaceTime camera, a True Tone display with a nano-texture glass option, a T2 chip, higher fidelity speakers, studio-quality microphones, and more. (macrumors.com)
- Apple is said to be releasing a 27-inch iMac with Retina display and a new high-resolution 27-inch Thunderbolt Display by the end of the fourth quarter of 2014, Taiwanese trade publication DigiTimes reported Friday citing a report from Taiwan-based display researchers WitsView. (idownloadblog.com)
- Therefore, it's unclear how the existing 4K-enabled machines such as the late-2013 Mac Pro, late-2013 27-inch iMac and late-2013 and mid-2014 MacBook Pro with Retina display might support a 5K resolution. (idownloadblog.com)
- Do you care about an ultra-high resolution iMac or Thunderbolt Display? (idownloadblog.com)
- He sees a lower-cost iMac, a sharper display for the full-sized iPad, and a 12-inch MacBook with a new design, including a Retina display. (mactrast.com)
- Notably, Kuo believes Apple will introduce a 12-inch Retina laptop, a sharper full-sized iPad, and a more affordable iMac desktop computer. (mactrast.com)
- Today's iMac includes the most advanced, most brilliant desktop display we've ever built, and it's filled with the latest high-performance technologies. (apple.com)
- With Fusion Drive in your iMac with Retina 5K display, disk-intensive tasks - from booting up to launching apps to importing high-definition photos and video - are faster and more efficient. (apple.com)
- Is the Retina iMac a good computer for TeXShop? (tug.org)
- However, I'm quite happy with the Retina iMac in my current workflow (Aquamacs Emacs, using AUCTeX, along with Skim). (tug.org)
- The retina iMac looks like a good deal too. (tug.org)
- The display will likely be similar in resolution to the 'Retina display' found on iPhones and the new iPad . (businessinsider.com)
- In Mac OS X Lion, however, references to Resolution Independence has been replaced with a new system that could pave the way for these super high resolution "Retina" monitors. (macrumors.com)
- Like the iPhone 4's Retina Display, this means that user interface elements will remain the same size, but everything will be twice the resolution and therefore twice as detailed. (macrumors.com)
- Developers would simply need to provide 2x-resolution images for their user interface elements, just like on the iPhone to support its high resolution Retina display. (macrumors.com)
- It's absolutely stunning on a Retina display" app developer Avatron says, but "by default, Mac OS X disables HiDPI because until now, there has been no Mac display with high enough resolution. (slashgear.com)
- We have all seen how the ultra high resolution panels have improved the iPad 3, so it makes sense for Apple to move the technology into other systems they produce. (kitguru.net)
- Analysis was restricted to parasol cells, which form one of the major high-resolution visual pathways in primates. (jneurosci.org)
- I've also got a macbook, also running windows, purchased because it was the only laptop I could find anywhere with a decently high-resolution screen. (slashdot.org)
- The amazingly transparent material offers maximum light filtration for pixel-perfect clarity and brilliant color accuracy, perfect for your high-resolution Retina display. (belkin.com)
- The workstations feature an available 15.6-inch Quad HD+ IGZO panel offering higher resolution than the MacBook Pro retina display can muster. (slashgear.com)
- Without this, the window is rendered at regular resolution and it seems that the OS (or at least Mac OS X) then uses linear interpolation to obtain the higher resolution. (emaculation.com)
- Both the NSHighResolutionCapable flag in the plist and the SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI flag in the code are needed to make SDL2 render correctly in high resolution. (emaculation.com)
- I have a suspicion the problem reported by 'bestusername' and 'rganschow' may be caused by only having the high resolution flag in the plist but not in the source code. (emaculation.com)
- The aim of this project will be to study AMD using a suite of new high-resolution ultrasound imaging techniques that have been developed. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Specifically, high-resolution ultrasound will be used to generate images of the retina and choroid, including perfusion measurements using slow-flow methods developed by our research group. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- In a space where every extra second may drop conversion rates by 7% , you have to ask - is that fancy ultra high resolution background really worth it? (apptentive.com)
- Such a monitor would also be able to take advantage of the 20 Gbps data transfer rate of Thunderbolt 2 to stabilize performance at a high resolution," author Richard Padilla opines. (idownloadblog.com)
- On the other hand, Dell recently introduced a 27-inch 5K display with a 5,120-by-2,880 resolution at 218 pixels per inch (pictured below), making this panel a likely candidate for Retina-enabled iMacs and monitors. (idownloadblog.com)
- Here we present high resolution 3D images of rat retina, acquired in-vivo from healthy and diseased rats, with a high speed, high resolution OCT system operating in the 1060nm wavelength range. (arvojournals.org)
- The system is powered by a broad bandwidth CW light source, which provides ~3µm OCT axial resolution in the rat retina, and sensitivity of more than 105dB at 850 µW power of the imaging beam. (arvojournals.org)
- A novel, high speed, high resolution SD-OCT system, operating in the 1060nm wavelength region was developed and used for fast, in-vivo 3D imaging of healthy and diseased retinas. (arvojournals.org)
- Select the tick box and you should get high resolution versions of images (where they exist). (benfrain.com)
- http://benfrain.com/playground At present, I've added high resolution versions of the main images on my home page too. (benfrain.com)
- Now, if I want to provide a high resolution version of an image for future posts, I can simple make two versions: a standard size one (e.g. image.png) and a high resolution one, typically double the size (e.g. [email protected] ). (benfrain.com)
- If a user has opted to see high-resolution images, they get the good stuff, if not, they get the fast stuff! (benfrain.com)
- There's no need to change anything else markup wise, as the jQuery retina display plugin searches, finds and loads the high resolution versions if they exist. (benfrain.com)
- Google has just unveiled a stunning, high-end Chromebook touchscreen laptop, packing a high-resolution 2560 x 1700 pixel touchscreen display and a beefy Intel Core i5 processor. (wirefresh.com)
- A quick back of the fag packet calculation means that its resolution works out at 239 pixels per inch - better than the much-lauded Macbook Retina screen. (wirefresh.com)
- Kuo's vision for the sixth-generation iPad sees the 9.7-inch screen staying in place, but boasting a higher-resolution screen, with a pixels-per-inch count 30-40% higher than the current Retina display iPad. (mactrast.com)
- Apple's new "iPad 3": High-Resolution Retina Displ. (giffgaff.com)
- Officially called the 'iPad' rather than the iPad 3 or the iPad HD as was widely expected, the long-awaited successor to the iPad 2 adds a high-resolution "Retina" display and a 5 megapixel camera. (giffgaff.com)
- The addition of a Retina display to the new iPad means it has a much higher screen resolution and higher pixel density when compared to other tablet PCs. (giffgaff.com)
- If you have VMware Fusion installed on your Mac one solution could be going to the selected Virtual Machine Settings and check both Accelerate 3D Graphics (Which requires VMware Tools installed on that virtual machine) and Use full resolution for Retina display (To enable Retina display support in selected virtual machine) in Display Setting. (stackexchange.com)
- I think you can use Parallels for Mac, it seems that they support High-DPI resolution. (stackexchange.com)
- With these two lines, the content will match with our high-resolution device (even Retina) and your content will look as intended. (unity3d.com)
- mode in OS X lion that supports this resolution-doubling mode, and the company has also included high-resolution artwork in Lion with desktop images measuring 3200x2000 pixels. (foxbusiness.com)
- There has never been much doubt that Samsung has been working on a new Galaxy tablet with a high resolution screen to take on the new iPad, but the introduction of a processor that specifically supports a similar pixel count, means such a device has just taken a step closer to reality. (digitaltrends.com)
- Many were disappointed that the updated Galaxy Note 10.1 didn't improve on its 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, but this was most likely due to the Exynos 4 Quad chip not being able to support anything higher, a problem which will be overcome with the Exynos 5 Dual. (digitaltrends.com)
- Full color, high-resolution display 3D rotatable images depicting over 1,000 anatomical structure. (medgadget.com)
- When your users load a page, retina.js checks each image on the page to see if there is a high-resolution version of that image on your server. (github.com)
- If a high-resolution variant exists, the script will swap in that image in-place. (github.com)
- The script assumes you use Apple's prescribed high-resolution modifier (@2x) to denote high-resolution image variants on your server. (github.com)
- The LESS CSS mixin is a helper for applying high-resolution background images in your stylesheet. (github.com)
- Instead, he said, it's supply of the new high-resolution Retina display that has limited shipments of the latest iPad. (appleinsider.com)
- The new MacBook Pro Retina display is the world's highest resolution notebook display with over 5 million pixels, 3 million more than an HD television. (macdailynews.com)
- This is the one we have been hearing about as it features a Retina Display with a massive resolution of 2880 x 1800 pixels, and the device also come with a new ultra slim design similar to that of the MacBook Air. (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Paradise Beach Palm desktop wallpaper retina-ready high resolution size background for your mac computer or Windows laptops. (wallmesh.com)
- Check Enable Retina resolution option for your virtual machine - Windows will immediately change its resolution, though virtual machine reboot is recommended . (parallels.com)
- It got me thinking about the standard retina/high resolution media query I typically use. (brettjankord.com)
- This cleans up Coyier's retina/high resolution media query. (brettjankord.com)
- If you want to support retina/high resolution devices that are running IE, you need to use the resolution media query and use dpi units. (brettjankord.com)
- Like I said, others have written about this before, though I still see a lot of people using verbose retina/high resolution media queries. (brettjankord.com)
- As more Windows 8 devices come out, I can see a need for retina/high resolution media queries that work in IE. (brettjankord.com)
- In general, the higher the display resolution, the more power you need. (macworld.co.uk)
- The highest scaled resolution is 1680 x 1050, still a damn sight better than the 13-inch MacBook Air. (imore.com)
- The additional power needed to drive the higher resolution display is a big reason for that. (imore.com)
- By comparison, the phased-out 27-inch Thunderbolt display has a non-Retina resolution of 2,560-by-1,440 pixels. (idownloadblog.com)
- Repetitive stimulation elicited spikes within a 0.1 ms time window, indicating that the high temporal precision necessary for spike-by-spike stimulation can be achieved in primate retina. (jneurosci.org)
- Small bistratified cells (SBCs) in the primate retina carry a major blue-yellow opponent signal to the brain. (duke.edu)
- All the screen elements would be the same physical size as elements on the 1440x900 display, but with a much higher level of detail. (macrumors.com)
- iCash now supports Hi-DPI/Retina screen mode. (maxprog.com)
- TrueClear™ High Definition Screen Protectors will keep your iPad Air screen looking its best. (belkin.com)
- The High Definition for Retina Display iPad Air Screen Protector features a specialized finish that resists fingerprints, smudges, and the build-up of dirt from daily use, so your screen stays crystal clean and clear. (belkin.com)
- Patented TrueClear™ technology allows light to pass through our screen protectors precisely and evenly, giving you a level of sharpness and vibrancy higher than even the leading competitor's high-definition products. (belkin.com)
- Every TrueClear™ High Definition for Retina Display iPad Air Screen Protector is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. (belkin.com)
- Going further, we can estimate that Apple will utilize this high-density screen at 3x Retina scaling. (9to5mac.com)
- The MacBook Pro with Retina display is a crowning achievement for Apple's notebooks not only because of its screen, but also because it manages to trim size and weight compared to the legacy non-Retina MacBook Pro models. (techcrunch.com)
- At first I thought that glGetRenderbufferParameterivOES would properly detect Retina screen at 960×640 but it keeps returning 480×320. (david-amador.com)
- A little explanation on Retina screen first. (david-amador.com)
- I've only tested this on the simulator since I don't own an iPhone 4 but it should work and detect either you are on a regular or retina screen. (david-amador.com)
- Interesting that they note brightness difference between 100% and 50% being minimal - hence why most of the time I kept mine at default (usually, I push the screen to 100%).Â The values they have for whiteÂ (cd/m 2 ) at E6-00 on 50% brightness (757) is already higher than the LG Optimus Black at 100% (749) At 100%, E6 values are 1004. (mynokiablog.com)
- This design also had a large background graphic and you wanted it looking it's best on any screen (retina or not) and not waste any bandwidth. (css-tricks.com)
- I am more than happy with the 3.5″ retina screen on my iPhone 4, thank you very much. (macdailynews.com)
- Ditch that drive and replace it with battery, and you have a MacBook Pro with enough battery capacity to support a high pixel density display for a significant amount of time. (kitguru.net)
- KGI's numbers imply that the iPhone 8 will have a pixel density around 521 PPI, far higher than the existing iPhone lineup (iPhone 7 PPI is ~320). (9to5mac.com)
- 2) Known before but higher pixel density than iPhone 4? (mynokiablog.com)
- with the iPhone 4 in 2010, highlighting the fact that it boasted double the pixels of the iPhone 3GS and a pixel density greater than that of a high-quality glossy magazine. (foxbusiness.com)
- At 220 pixels-per-inch, the Retina display's pixel density is so high the human eye cannot distinguish individual pixels from a normal viewing distance, so text and graphics look incredibly sharp. (macdailynews.com)
- Apple today announced that it has updated its Retina MacBook Pro lineup with new processors, also moving to lower pricing across the board on the 13-inch models. (macrumors.com)
- Apple has also lowered pricing on SSD upgrades across the Retina MacBook Pro lineup, with the bump from 256 GB to 512 GB now costing $300 instead of $500 and the additional bump to 768 GB costing $400 instead of $500. (macrumors.com)
- In addition to the Retina MacBook Pro updates, Apple has also lowered the price of the 256 GB 13-inch MacBook Air by $100, now starting at $1399. (macrumors.com)
- Apple has also eliminated the high-end stock configuration of the non-Retina 15-inch MacBook Pro, leaving only the base model starting at $1799. (macrumors.com)
- Actually if you look at Apple price history you will notice that they systematically lower prices of products that use new, expensive technology (like retina display) 6-8 months after release due to optimization in production. (macrumors.com)
- Apple just spec bumped their Retina Macbook Pro line. (macrumors.com)
- Apple just cut the price on the MacBook Pro with Retina Display. (macrumors.com)
- Apple is separating the new smartphones into its usual low-cost versus high-cost categories, with big differences between the two models coming down to the camera, display, and battery life. (macrumors.com)
- On the other hand Microsoft never forced their hand like apple did with its retina initiative. (arstechnica.com)
- OS X Lion, iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes and other Apple apps including Aperture and Final Cut Pro X have been updated to take full advantage of the new MacBook Pro with Retina display. (macdailynews.com)
- The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is available through the Apple Online Store, Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. (macdailynews.com)
- Apple has just launched a major update to its Retina MacBook line that will include faster processors, longer battery life and a new color option. (bgr.com)
- The Retina MacBook isn't the only MacBook line getting an update - when it comes to the MacBook Air, Apple says that it's now "made 8GB of memory standard across all configurations of the 13-inch MacBook Air. (bgr.com)
- Naturally, Apple has re-upped its 'iPhone without the phone' to include the Retina Display from the iPhone 4, an Apple A4 core, 3-axis gyroscope, Game Center , and FaceTime support thanks to the addition of a front cam. (engadget.com)
- Apple isn't the only one that can pack the pixels into a high-end laptop. (macworld.co.uk)
- But is Apple planning to release a Retina MacBook Air, and if so, should you wait? (imore.com)
- Meanwhile, rumors abound that Apple is working on a new laptop model, possibly a MacBook Air with Retina display . (imore.com)
- Meanwhile, many Apple customers in the market for a new laptop have flocked to the MacBook Pro with Retina display. (imore.com)
- I don't have any particular insight if Apple is indeed working on a MacBook Air with Retina display, but it makes sense to me that that's the direction we're headed. (imore.com)
- If the mythical MacBook Air with Retina display is dependent on Broadwell, Apple will probably have to push its release to later this year. (imore.com)
- The retina is oxygenated by the underlying choroid. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- While optical techniques can reveal much about the structure of the retina, ultrasound allows imaging of the choroid and deeper tissues. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- This study will investigate use of high frequency (20 MHz) ultrasound for imaging of the retina and choroid in patients with age-related macular degeneration, a prime cause of blindness. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The new iPad "Retina" display packs 2048x1536 pixels into the familiar 9.7-inch form factor seen on previous iPads. (giffgaff.com)
- The "Retina" display of the new "iPad 3" has 263 pixels per inch. (giffgaff.com)
- With a high pixel ratio, when the user zooms out, the device has more pixels to make the page readable. (css-tricks.com)
- The Retina display has 960 x 640 pixels-four times as many pixels than before. (engadget.com)
- That said, mobile app developers generally have easy ways to support High-DPI devices. (apptentive.com)
- It's amazing how many opengles games don't support retina correctly. (david-amador.com)
- With its 2048x1536 display, the new iPad is able to support full high definition video (1920x1080) without downscaling and the loss of quality. (giffgaff.com)
- This solution is no longer usable and Unity still doesn't support retina on WebGL. (unity3d.com)
- in your editor, and try commenting out the line that spoofs retina support, and reloading it. (github.com)
- Parallels Desktop provides enhanced Retina display support for Windows virtual machines. (parallels.com)
- if you have changed Windows scaling options manually before, there is a chance that after enabling Retina support Windows will not scale properly. (parallels.com)
- We can use various programs and scripts to convert the content of your website to allow it to be displayed in high definition on both computers and mobile devices. (ascensor.co.uk)
- The app content does not appear as I want on Retina display devices when I use the WebGL build. (unity3d.com)
- The layout of Retina does not distract from your content, which is vital for a site devoted to blogging. (wpaisle.com)
- Be content with that, and don't waste time and money on Retina-specific images. (css-tricks.com)
- Retina Consultants Of Hawaii Voted Best! (bizvotes.com)
- Want to keep track of any changes made to Retina Consultants Of Hawaii ? (bizvotes.com)
- Retina Consultants of Hawaii has gained the faith and trust of our patients and the referring physicians in Hawaii since 1993 when it was founded. (bizvotes.com)
- According to retina and vitreoretinal physician and surgeon Gregg T. Kokame , MD, of Retina Consultants of Hawaii , the new ZEISS CIRRUS 6000 is extremely fast and impressive. (prnewswire.com)
- The prosthetic retina is a thin silicon device that converts pulsed near infra-red light to electrical current that stimulates the retina and elicits visual perception. (innovations-report.com)
- The prosthetic retina we are developing has been partly inspired by cochlear implants for the ear but with a camera instead of a microphone and, where many cochlear implants have a few channels, we are designing the retina to deal with millions of light sensitive nerve cells and sensory outputs. (innovations-report.com)
- Estimated life on a full charge on the new Retina MacBook Pro in my "extreme battery extension" conditions (Wi-Fi on, brightness to minimum visible, no keyboard backlight, Bluetooth off, running browser with just a few tabs) comes in at over 10 hours on the new version, while the older model barely edges out 9. (techcrunch.com)
- Hi, Is the low battery count due to it being plugged in most of it's life. (avforums.com)
- Battery life comes into play - the 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro has a 71.8 watt-hour battery, almost one-third more capacity than the 13-inch MacBook Air. (imore.com)
- After using the new Retina MacBook Pro dock for a few weeks, we can safely say Henge Docks' latest product is the company's best effort so far. (appleinsider.com)
- Based on current composite Henge Docks designs, the Retina MacBook Pro Vertical Dock is extremely well made. (appleinsider.com)
- Weighing in at 2.5 pounds, the dock is crafted from a high-density metal alloy that not only keeps the MacBook from tipping over, but matches the aluminum laptop's aesthetic. (appleinsider.com)
- One of Henge Docks' strengths has always been cable management and the new made-for-Retina dock continues that heritage with cable-appropriate plastic adapter tabs for MagSafe cords and a new built-in routing system. (appleinsider.com)
- The MacBook Pro Retina Cable Dock by Project-Bracket.com » Introducing Bracket Mini Cable Pack! (kickstarter.com)
- These advancements have allowed consumers to watch their favourite TV shows and films in HD, play their favourite games in HD and even access their favourite phone apps in high definition quality. (ascensor.co.uk)
- If you're new to flash storage, you're also in for a treat with the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro, since it now uses a super fast PCIe-based memory type that all but eliminates any thought of startup delays, or stutters while opening apps. (techcrunch.com)
- The FTC recently took action against stalkerware developer Retina-X, the company behind apps MobileSpy, PhoneSheriff, and Teenspy. (eff.org)
- The FTC settlement bars Retina-X from distributing its mobile apps until it can adequately secure user information and ensure its apps will only be used for "legitimate purposes. (eff.org)