Hedera: A plant genus of the family ARALIACEAE. Members contain hederin (olean-12-ene) type TRITERPENES.Coriandrum: A plant genus of the family APIACEAE. The leaves are the source of cilantro and the seeds are the source of coriander, both of which are used in SPICES.Plant Transpiration: The loss of water vapor by plants to the atmosphere. It occurs mainly from the leaves through pores (stomata) whose primary function is gas exchange. The water is replaced by a continuous column of water moving upwards from the roots within the xylem vessels. (Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)Saponins: A type of glycoside widely distributed in plants. Each consists of a sapogenin as the aglycone moiety, and a sugar. The sapogenin may be a steroid or a triterpene and the sugar may be glucose, galactose, a pentose, or a methylpentose.Plant Preparations: Material prepared from plants.Araliaceae: The ginseng plant family of the order Apiales, subclass Rosidae, class Magnoliopsida. Leaves are generally alternate, large, and compound. Flowers are five-parted and arranged in compound flat-topped umbels. The fruit is a berry or (rarely) a drupe (a one-seeded fruit). It is well known for plant preparations used as adaptogens (immune support and anti-fatigue).Rhizome: Root-like underground horizontal stem of plants that produces shoots above and roots below. Distinguished from true roots which don't have buds and nodes. Similar to true roots in being underground and thickened by storage deposits.Fruit: The fleshy or dry ripened ovary of a plant, enclosing the seed or seeds.Inflorescence: A cluster of FLOWERS (as opposed to a solitary flower) arranged on a main stem of a plant.Flowers: The reproductive organs of plants.Pimpinella: A plant genus in the family APIACEAE (Umbelliferae) that is used in SPICES and is a source of anethole.Ribs: A set of twelve curved bones which connect to the vertebral column posteriorly, and terminate anteriorly as costal cartilage. Together, they form a protective cage around the internal thoracic organs.New York CityIntroduced Species: Non-native organisms brought into a region, habitat, or ECOSYSTEM by human activity.Plants, Genetically Modified: PLANTS, or their progeny, whose GENOME has been altered by GENETIC ENGINEERING.Plant Leaves: Expanded structures, usually green, of vascular plants, characteristically consisting of a bladelike expansion attached to a stem, and functioning as the principal organ of photosynthesis and transpiration. (American Heritage Dictionary, 2d ed)Plant Proteins: Proteins found in plants (flowers, herbs, shrubs, trees, etc.). The concept does not include proteins found in vegetables for which VEGETABLE PROTEINS is available.Plant Extracts: Concentrated pharmaceutical preparations of plants obtained by removing active constituents with a suitable solvent, which is evaporated away, and adjusting the residue to a prescribed standard.Plant Roots: The usually underground portions of a plant that serve as support, store food, and through which water and mineral nutrients enter the plant. (From American Heritage Dictionary, 1982; Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)Eleutherococcus: A plant genus in the family ARALIACEAE, order Apiales, subclass Rosidae. It is best known as an adaptogen and a substitute for PANAX GINSENG.Acanthopanax: A plant genus of the family ARALIACEAE. Ciwujia extract, which is prepared from plants of this genus, contains ciwujianosides and is used to enhance PHYSICAL ENDURANCE.Panax: An araliaceous genus of plants that contains a number of pharmacologically active agents used as stimulants, sedatives, and tonics, especially in traditional medicine. Sometimes confused with Siberian ginseng (ELEUTHEROCOCCUS).Folklore: The common orally transmitted traditions, myths, festivals, songs, superstitions, and stories of all peoples.FloridaAtlases as Topic: Collections of illustrative plates, charts, etc., usually with explanatory captions.Classification: The systematic arrangement of entities in any field into categories classes based on common characteristics such as properties, morphology, subject matter, etc.Dalbergia: A plant genus of the family FABACEAE. Members of this genus can cause CONTACT DERMATITIS.Cecropia Plant: A plant genus of the family CECROPIACEAE. Hypotensive and hypoglycemic effects have been observed in animals after ingesting members of this genus. There is no relation to cecropia moth (Hyalophora cecropia) see MOTHS.MuseumsAmpelopsis: A plant genus of the family VITACEAE. Members contain momordin and SITOSTEROLS.Vitaceae: A plant family of the order Rhamnales, subclass Rosidae, class Magnoliopsida, best known for the VITIS genus, the source of grapes.Trees: Woody, usually tall, perennial higher plants (Angiosperms, Gymnosperms, and some Pterophyta) having usually a main stem and numerous branches.Proteaceae: A plant family of the order Proteales, subclass Rosidae class Magnoliopsida. Cluster roots, bottlebrush-like clusters of rootlets which form in response to poor soil, are common in this family.Wetlands: Environments or habitats at the interface between truly terrestrial ecosystems and truly aquatic systems making them different from each yet highly dependent on both. Adaptations to low soil oxygen characterize many wetland species.Coniferophyta: A plant division of GYMNOSPERMS consisting of cone-bearing trees and shrubs.
Specific name (zoology)
Thus Hedera helix (common ivy, English ivy) is the name of the species; Hedera is the name of the genus; but helix is the ... In these cases, the word for the genus and the word for the species do not necessarily have to agree in gender. Species names ... The rules and regulations governing the giving of a new species name are explained in the article species description. Example ... within the scientific name of a species (a binomen). The first part of the name of a species is the name of the genus or the ...
... and may derive from the common English name of this species. It is not closely related to the true ivy, Hedera. The specific ... The species is often confused with P. vitacea or "False Virginia creeper", which has the same leaves, but does not have the ... This plant is also known in North America as woodbine, although woodbine can refer to other plant species. Parthenocissus ... The berries are not toxic to birds and provide an important winter food source for many bird species. Parthenocissus ...
Nathan ben Abraham I
At least sixteen species of Convolvulus are known to grow in Israel, one of the more common being Convolvulus arvensis. Al- ... The Judeo-Arabic word לבלאר is also used for ivy (Hedera). Zohar Amar has written that the Arabic word לבלאר is a generic word ... Hedera). Zohar Amar has written that the Arabic word לבלאר is a generic word for many different climbing vine-like plants, ... which would include the common ivy (Hedera helix) and the lablab bean (Dolichos lablab). See Z. Amar, Flora and Fauna in ...
The introduced species English ivy (Hedera helix) has invaded one population. Other invasive plant species include Japanese ... The main threat to the species is the loss of its habitat. In Georgia some populations have been endangered from logging and ... Silene catesbaei) is a rare species of flowering plant in the pink family known by the common names eastern fringed catchfly ... It is a federally listed endangered species of the United States. This plant is a rhizomatous perennial herb growing from a ...
Male, feeding on Hedera helix Males in a mating cluster Male on the ground Male on guard Gogala, A., 1999. Bee Fauna of ... This species is very similar to the closely related heather colletes (Colletes succinctus) and even more to the sea aster ... In parts of the west European range of the species, Colletes hederae are frequently parasitized by the larvae of the meloid ... When ivy is scarce, other species of plants are also visited. The females supply the larval brood almost cells exclusively with ...
Mihrabat Nature Park
Flora The nature park is the habitat for diverse species of plant with deciduous trees in the majority. Present deciduous ... Hedera helix) is found in the nature as creeper plant. On the hillsides, flowering plants such as stonecrops (Sedum hispanicum ... Fauna Observed bird species in the nature park are sparrow, dunnock, common raven, woodpecker and European goldfinch. Other ...
This species can be found in most of Europe, in the Near East and in North Africa. Of all moths in Britain it showed the ... The larvae mainly feed on ivy (Hedera) and traveller's joy (Clematis vitalba). and withered leaves of other herbaceous plants ... It is usually an univoltine species. In Southern Europe, under favorable circumstances, a second generation can also be formed ... Fauna europaea Platt, John R. (7 February 2013). "3 British Moths Extinct; Most Other Species in Decline". Extinction Countdown ...
Yerevan Botanical Garden
... there are 400 endangered plant species in Armenia). Of particular interest here are Taxus baccata, Hedera helix, Juniperus ... The collection includes more than 200 species of endemic, rare and declining plants, and provides a basis for the study of ... In 1980s the greenhouse collection encompassed 1240 species and garden sorts that belonged to 348 classes and 92 families. In ... From here annually over 200 species of plants were used for decorating the interior of schools, factories and other ...
Other recorded food plants include Syringa, Hedera, Lonicera, Polygonum, Malus, Carpinus, Crataegus and Cotoneaster species. ... semiana Chretien, 1915 Tortrix unifasciana Duponchel, in Godart, 1842 This species is present from Europe to Asia Minor and ... The larvae feed on various trees, including Ligustrum species. They apparently prefer dead leaves. ...
... is a species of beetle in the family Cerambycidae. It was described by Carl Linnaeus in 1758, originally ... P. hispidus feeds on Cornus sanguinea, Corylus avellana, Ilex aquifolium, Hedera helix, and Euonymus europaeus. It serves as a ... parasitoid for several wasp species, including Dolichomitus agnoscendus, Eurytoma morio, Ephialtes manifestator, Lestricus ...
and several species of grasses. Some evergreen climbing plants like asparagus species and Araliaceaes as Hedera helix, or ... Besides many seabirds species such as cormorants and shorebirds take refuge on the island and several species of gulls nest in ... Many of the species are endemic to islands, and harbour a rich biota of understorey plants, invertebrates, some species of ... Hedera iberica. Various feral fruit trees species occur, such as apple, plum and pear trees, Citrus aurantium, Vitis vinifera, ...
List of San Francisco Bay Area wildflowers
Some may be reproducing in the wild as invasive species and noxious weeds. Because of the large population of the Bay Area and ... Forget-me-nots (Myosotis discolor and M. latifolia) Ice plant - several genera Ivy - Hedera spp. Lavender Nassella tenuissima ... coral bells Western Blue-eyed Grass Calypso Orchid Fiddlenecks (several species) Blue Flax Cow Parsnip Common Star Lily Crimson ... CalPlants photo archive - can be searched by California county, or plant species. Jepson Interchange - search by plant name, ...
The young larvae feed on various trees and shrubs, including Salix species (including Salix caprea and Salix myrsinifolia), ... Adults are attracted to Hedera helix blossom and decaying fruit, including Rubus fruticosus. Seitz, A. Ed., 1914 Die ... older larvae also feed on low growing plants such as Rumex species. Other recorded food plants include Betula (including Betula ... pubescens), Rubus idaeus, Malus domestica, Sorbus aucuparia, Prunus padus, Tilia species (including Tilia cordata), Vaccinium ...
Shinan Dadohae Biosphere Reserve
Several unusual species, including Phragmites communis and Vitex rotundi folia are distributed throughout the dunes. There are ... There are also herbaceous plants such as Ardisia japonica, Hedera rhombea, Saeri trees, and Kalopanax pictus. The dune ... The temperate evergreen broadleaf forest includes dominant species such as Castanopsis cuspidata, silver magnolia, and camellia ...
Ipomoea species). by way of adventitious, clinging roots (e.g., ivy, Hedera species) with twining petioles (e.g., Clematis ... Research has found the presence of ion translocating ATPases in the Bryonia dioica species of plants, which has implications ... the Russian vine Hedera helix, known as common ivy, English ivy, European ivy, or ivy Kennedia coccinea, the common coral vine ... Lonicera species). The contrasting rotations of the bindweed and the honeysuckle was the theme of the satirical song " ...
List of indigenous trees and shrubs of Lithuania
This is a list of the native woody plant species of Lithuania. The most common trees, shrubs, subshrubs, and liana species are ... Hedera helix; Lithuanian: Gebenė lipikė) Ancient Woodland Clearcutting Deforestation Dendrology Dendrometry Flora of Lithuania ... The Plant List provides the Accepted Latin name for most species efloras.org / Botanical Glossary Online conifers.org / Web's ... Forest Illegal logging Intact forest landscape Invasive species List of old-growth forests List of superlative trees List of ...
The species name hederifolium comes from the Latin hedera (ivy) and folium (leaf), because of the shape and patterning of the ... The older species name, neapolitanum, refers to Naples, where the species grows. Cyclamen hederifolium is a tuberous perennial ... In other species, tubers do not grow as large; Cyclamen coum usually does not reach more than 6.5 cm (2.6 in) across. Leaves ... hedera, folium. Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short. A Latin Dictionary on Perseus Project. post 434. Cyclamen 2009. Scottish ...
The larvae overwinter on ivy (Hedera species), privet (Ligustrum species), juniper (Juniperus species) and Taxus species. Like ... Quercus species), maples (Acer species), birches (Betula species), elms (Ulmus species) and hazels (Corylus species). There is ... Issus coleoptratus is a species of planthopper belonging to the family Issidae. This common species can be found in the western ... This species is very similar to the much rarer Issus muscaeformis. Play media These insects are unable to fly, unlike most ...
List of plants known as ivy
This species in southern Europe overwinters as a caterpillar. Pupation occurs on the ground near the host plants, usually on ... Feeding on Hedera flowers Mounted specimen Jim Porter - The colour identification guide to caterpillars of the British Isles. ... Adults of this plurivoltine species usually are present from March to early November in three generations a year, but in the ... Jordan, K. (1939): On the constancy and variability of the differences between the old world species of Utetheisa (Lepid., ...
NASA Clean Air Study
"The Plant List: A Working List of All Plant Species".. *^ a b c d e f g h "Radix Eleutherococci". Monographs on Selected ... Eleutherococcus senticosus is a species of small, woody shrub in the family Araliaceae native to Northeastern Asia. It ... Hedera senticosa. *Wikidata: Q38474242. *GBIF: 3035378. *GRIN: 18571. *IPNI: 90796-1. *IRMNG: 11207427 ...
பயனர்:Shrikarsan/Vital articles/Expanded/Biology and health sciences - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
These symbols are updated manually and may be out of date; you are encouraged to fix any errors you discover. This list is tailored to the English-language Wikipedia. There is also a list of one thousand articles considered vital to Wikipedias of all languages. For more information on this list and the process for adding articles (please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. ...
The closely related species Hedera canariensis and Hedera hibernica are also often treated as subspecies of H. helix, ... Synonyms include Hedera acuta, Hedera arborea ("tree ivy"), Hedera baccifera, Hedera grandifolia, bindwood, and lovestone ... Hedera helix, the common ivy, English ivy, European ivy, or just ivy, is a species of flowering plant in the family Araliaceae ... "RHS Plantfinder - Hedera helix 'Golden Ingot'". Retrieved 2 March 2018.. *^ "Hedera helix 'Maple Leaf'". RHS. Retrieved 30 July ...
Değirmenburnu Nature Park
... the majority of species require more attention. Most species require humid, warm, partially shaded conditions to strike, thus ... Hedera - stem cuttings. *Hoya carnosa - tip cuttings. *Hops - stem cuttings. *Impatiens - tip cuttings ... In many species, such cuttings form roots relatively easily.. *Semi-hardwood cuttings come from stems that have ... In some species, multiple new plants can be produced at many places on one leaf, and these can be induced by cutting the leaf ...
A species of inflorescence wherein the primary axis bears a single terminal flower which develops first, the system being ... Hedera helix (umbels in a panicle) Other. The family Asteraceae is characterised by a highly specialised head technically ... Some species have flower and inflorescence intermediates. In these cases, some reproductive structures of certain flowers ... High temperatures can impair the proper development of flower buds or delay bud development in certain species, while in others ...
This species is considered a non-native invasive plant in the United States, and has invaded wild areas, sometimes choking out ... Hedera). ... It is a variable species, its size being influenced by ... Although it has been used by humans as a salad green and in herbal medicines for thousands of years, the species is also ... the species was imported and widely cultivated in herb and kitchen gardens. Other traditional uses include as an ...
Aerial roots: roots entirely above the ground, such as in ivy (Hedera) or in epiphytic orchids. Many aerial roots are used to ... The roots of most vascular plant species enter into symbiosis with certain fungi to form mycorrhizae, and a large range of ... They commonly occur in monocots and pteridophytes, but also in many dicots, such as clover (Trifolium), ivy (Hedera), ... This system can be extremely complex and is dependent upon multiple factors such as the species of the plant itself, the ...
... with few endemic species Altai-Sayan Province (Parts of Russia and Mongolia), with one endemic genus (Microstigma) and many ... Hedera colchica, Astrantia pontica, Heracleum mantegazzianum, Seseli rupicola, Rhamnus imeretinus, Osmanthus decorus, ... some endemic species and genera shared with the Caucasian Province (see below). Caucasian Province (parts of Russia, Georgia, ... species of Astragalus and Oxytropis) Central Siberian Province (parts of Russia) without endemic genera, with but few endemic ...
The family includes 254 species of trees, shrubs, lianas, and perennial herbaceous plants in two subfamilies. Species usually ... Hedera spp., including Hedera helix and herbs as ginseng Panax spp., a native of Korea and used as medical herb. Leaves are ... Schefflera arboricola Oplopanax horridus Eleutherococcus sieboldianus Osmoxylon lineare Hydrocotyle vulgaris Hedera helix ...
... is a species of ivy (genus Hedera) which is native to the Atlantic coast in Canary islands and northern ... northern African Hedera and European Hedera are closely related species. Until recently it was thought there was a single ... species (Hedera helix), but recent studies have shown that there are several species that differ mainly by microscopic details ... Ivies occur as opportunistic species across wide distributions with close relatives and few species, indicating the recent ...
... , the Madeiran ivy, is a species of ivy (genus Hedera) which is native to the Atlantic coast in Madeira island ... It is a plant of botanical family Araliaceae, species endemic to the island of Madeira with the name: Hedera maderensis (K. ... The leaves of Hedera maderensis are small, greenish-yellow, gathered in large numbers in umbrellas, and the fruits, globular ... 254481/2007 legal Ackerfield, Jennifer; Wen, Jun (2002). "A morphic analysis of Hedera L. (the ivy genus, Araliaceae) and its ...
... , is a species of Ivy (genus Hedera) which is endemic to the island of Cyprus. It is an evergreen climbing plant, ... Hedera cypria is closely related to Hedera pastuchovii. Hedera cypria is found on the island of Cyprus and H. pastuchowii is ... poetarum, also present, because the latter has yellow fruits, while Hedera cypria is always black-fruited. Hedera cypria does ... In this species, the juvenile leaves are almost unlobed with an isosceles triangle shape, and the green leave is blotched with ...
There are over 320 species of birds found in the delta during summer, of which 166 are hatching species and 159 are migratory. ... Hedera helix, Humulus lupulus, Periploca graeca, which reaches up to 25m) grow on sand dune areas. On the Letea levee, these ... It is an environment rich in plankton, worms, molluscs, grubs, and sponges, with numerous species of fish, such as the carp, ... are recent species that have successfully adapted. The firm land of the delta used to be covered with large groves of willow ...
Minerva's Garden (Salerno)
All the species are identified with a label that refers to the ideal position of the simple in a design representing the ... ornus G Galega officinalis Galium verum Gladiolus italicus Glaucium flavum Glycyrrhiza glabra Gossypium herbaceum H Hedera ... After the 2001 restoration, several rare species were planted, mostly chosen among those quoted in the Opus Pandectarum ...
Wildlife of South Korea
It contains 1,528 species of vertebrate, 13,025 species of insect and 3,564 species of other invertebrates. Article 2 of the ... Hedera rhombea, Ardisia japonica, Vitex rotundifolia and others. An altitude of 600 m or above has Fagus crenata and Sorbus ... In South Korea, there are 8,271 species of plants. It contains 4,662 species of higher plants and 3,609 species of lower plants ... 18,117 species of animals and 3,528 species of others. 30,000 species are known to exist in South Korea, but it is expected ...
... , the Japanese ivy or songak, is a species of ivy (genus Hedera) which is native to the coast of East Asia and ... Formerly named Hedera pedunculata, some sub-species could be subsequently classified as a distinct species. It is quite common ... There is also a presumption that Hedera rhombea pedunculata could be a synonym for Hedera rhombea 'Pierrot'. It is interesting ... "The Species Of Ivy" No.4 firmly in the "Ivy Journal Vol.9, that this differs from Hedera rhombea. It is regrettable to learn ...
List of invasive plant species in Oregon
Fallopia sachalinensis Foeniculum vulgare Genista monspessulana Geranium lucidum Geranium robertianum Hedera helix Hedera ... Invasive species in the United States USDA PLANTS Database USDA database showing county distribution of plant species in the US ... Numerous plants have been introduced to Oregon, and many of them have become invasive species. The following are some of these ... species: Ailanthus altissima Ammophila arenaria Brachypodium sylvaticum Bromus tectorum Buddleja davidii Carduus acanthoides ...
... is a Holarctic species of hoverfly. External images For terms see Morphology of Diptera Wing length 8·25- 11 mm ... Flowers visited include white umbellifers, Arbutus unedo, Chaerophyllum, Crataegus, Galium, Hedera, Hypochoeris, Polygonum ... Speight, M.C.D. (2011). "Species accounts of European Syrphidae (Diptera)" (PDF). Syrph the Net, the database of European ...
... is a species of ivy (genus Hedera) which is native to the western Iberian peninsula (Portugal and southwest ... It was formerly classified as a sub-species named Hedera maderensis iberica in Hedera maderensis (K. Koch ex A. Rutherf). The ... The flowers of Hedera iberica are small, greenish-yellow, gathered in large numbers in umbels, and the fruits are globular and ... Jennifer Ackerfield and Jun Wen (2002). "A morphometric analysis of Hedera L. (the ivy genus, Araliaceae) and its taxonomic ...
Apiaceae species, Sambucus ebulus, Hedera species, Cirsium species, etc.). They mimic the hornet species Vespa crabro (hence ... This species is mainly present in Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, in the Near East and in North ... These rather uncommon hoverflies are the largest among the European species. The adults grow up to 22-25 millimetres (0.87-0.98 ... Milesia crabroniformis is a species of 'Flower Flies' or hoverflies belonging to the family Syrphidae subfamily Eristalinae. ...
Fatih Çeşmesi Nature Park
Eleutherococcus senticosus - Wikipedia
"The Plant List: A Working List of All Plant Species".. *^ a b c d e f g h "Radix Eleutherococci". Monographs on Selected ... Eleutherococcus senticosus is a species of small, woody shrub in the family Araliaceae native to Northeastern Asia. It ... Hedera senticosa. *Wikidata: Q38474242. *GBIF: 3035378. *GRIN: 18571. *IPNI: 90796-1. *IRMNG: 11207427 ...
Hedera helix - Species Page - ISB: Atlas of Florida Plants
Hedera cordata Hedera cordata Carrière, Rev. Hort. 1890: 164. 1890.. Hedera digitata Hedera digitata (Lodd. ex Bosse) G. ... Hedera hastata Hedera hastata Anon., Garden 25: 141. 1884.. Hedera helix forma arborea Hedera helix Linnaeus, forma arborea ... Hedera cambwoodiana Hedera cambwoodiana Carrière, Rev. Hort. 1890: 162. 1890.. Hedera canariensis var. maculata Hedera ... Hedera helix forma glymii Hedera helix Linnaeus, forma glymii (Paul) Tobler, Hedera 128. 1912.. BASIONYM: Hedera helix Linnaeus ...
Hedera helix - Wikipedia
The closely related species Hedera canariensis and Hedera hibernica are also often treated as subspecies of H. helix, ... Synonyms include Hedera acuta, Hedera arborea ("tree ivy"), Hedera baccifera, Hedera grandifolia, bindwood, and lovestone ... Hedera helix, the common ivy, English ivy, European ivy, or just ivy, is a species of flowering plant in the family Araliaceae ... "RHS Plantfinder - Hedera helix Golden Ingot". Retrieved 2 March 2018.. *^ "Hedera helix Maple Leaf". RHS. Retrieved 30 July ...
Plants Profile for Hedera helix (English ivy)
Hedera - Wikipedia
Hedera, commonly called ivy (plural ivies), is a genus of 12-15 species of evergreen climbing or ground-creeping woody plants ... Hedera helix on trees near Srbsko, Czech Republic Hedera colchica leaves and flowers Hedera hibernica with berries Hedera helix ... Hedera maderensis - Madeiran ivy. Madeira. Hedera maroccana McAllister - Moroccan ivy. Morocco. Hedera nepalensis K.Koch - ... Germplasm Resources Information Network Species Records of Hedera Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine. Huxley, A., ed. ( ...
Hedera azorica - Wikipedia
Hedera rhombea (Miq.) Siebold ex Bean - Encyclopedia of Life
Hedera rhombea is a species of shrub in the family Araliaceae. It is a photoautotroph. ... Hedera rhombea includes 1 child:. * Hedera rhombea var. formosana (Nakai) H. L. Li ... Definition: A group of species that exploit the same food resources, and/or use the same feeding or foraging methods. http://en ...
Hedera helix - Plant Finder
Hedera helix ( Mrs. Pollock English Ivy ) | Backyard Gardener
Jepson Herbarium: Jepson Flora Project: Jepson eFlora: Hydrocotyle
Species In Genus: +- 100 species: worldwide, especially southern hemisphere. Etymology: (Greek: water cup, apparently from leaf ... Previous taxon: Hedera helix. Next taxon: Hydrocotyle ranunculoides. Name Search Contact/Feedback Citation for this treatment: ... Genera In Family: 47 genera, 1350 species: especially tropics, subtropics medicinal (e.g., Panax, ginseng; Aralia, sarsaparilla ... ornamental (e.g., Aralia, Fatsia, Hedera, Polyscias). eFlora Treatment Author: Robert E. Preston & Elizabeth McClintock, except ...
Species In Genus: +- 100 species: worldwide, especially southern hemisphere. Etymology: (Greek: water cup, apparently from leaf ... Hedera, Polyscias). eFlora Treatment Author: Robert E. Preston & Elizabeth McClintock, except as noted. Scientific Editor: ... Species do not include records of infraspecific taxa, if there are more than 1 infraspecific taxon in CA. Blue line denotes ... Genera In Family: 47 genera, 1350 species: especially tropics, subtropics medicinal (e.g., Panax, ginseng; Aralia, sarsaparilla ...
HomePage / Culture & Environment / Environment and Sustainability / Invasive Species. Invasive Plant Management. An invasive ... 1996). This species has not been found in BC.. Mechanical: Poison hemlock can be controlled by digging, repeated mowing, ... Scotch broom (Cytisus scoparius) is often admired as a beautiful ornamental species. With bright yellow flowers and leathery ... Agricultural: Poison hemlock crowds out desirable forage species and can poison livestock and humans. Sheep are less sensitive ...
Gardening Plant Genus Classification - Ontario Gardening
Acanthopanax, Aralia, Brassaia, Echinopanax, Hedera | ARALIACEAE: BoDD
Allergic dermatitis following contact with species of Hedera L., Polyscias J.R.Forst. & G.Forst., Schefflera J.R.Forst. & G. ... Hedera algeriensis Hibberd. (syns Hedera canariensis Willd., Hedera helix L. var canariensis DC.). Algerian Ivy, Canaries Ivy, ... Perhaps the best known temperate species is Hedera helix L., the ivy. The ritual use of ivy as the archetypal evergreen, and ... Positive patch test reactions were also observed to some other species, namely Fatsia japonica Decne. & Planchon, Hedera helix ...
Tree Lore: Ivy | Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids
There are many varieties, but only two accepted species, i.e. Hedera Helix and the Australian species, which is confined to the ... Hedera Helix LINN.)The plant is found over the greater part of Europe and Northern and Central Asia, and is said to have been ... There are many varieties, but only two accepted species, i.e. Hedera Helix and the Australian species, which is confined to the ... Hedera azorica - Azores ivy. Azores.. • Hedera canariensis - Canaries ivy. Canary Islands.. • Hedera colchica - Caucasian ivy ...
Ivy: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article
Hedera rhombea. Hedera rhombea. Hedera rhombea, or Japanese Ivy or Songak, is a species of Ivy which is native to the coast of ... Hedera colchica. Hedera colchica. Hedera colchica is a species of Ivy which is native to Near and Middle East. Its common name ... Hedera cypria. Hedera cypria. Hedera cypria, is a species of Ivy which is native to the Mediterranean sea in Cyprus island. It ... Hedera azorica. Hedera azorica. Hedera azorica is a species of Ivy which is native to the Atlantic coast in Azores Islands. Its ...
Don't Plant a Pest! - California Invasive Plant Council
Hedera spp (ivies). Hedera helix Hedera helix English ivy Some ivy species in the Hedera genus are a problem in California. ... Bambusa multiplex bamboo (clumping species only) Pond Margin or Bog. Useful as a hedge or screen. Rhizomes of clumping species ... and Hedera spp., but has a crisp, neat growth form. New foliage is bright green, changing to dark green with age. Small white ... Its difficult to distinguish problem species from less invasive ones. Do not plant ivy near natural areas, never dispose of ...
Dendropanax proteus - Wikispecies
Hedera protea Champ. ex Benth., Hookers J. Bot. Kew Gard. Misc. 4: 122 (1852). ... Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2018 Nov. 20. ... Hedera parviflora Champ. ex Benth., Hookers J. Bot. Kew Gard. Misc. 4: 122 (1852). ... Retrieved from "https://species.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dendropanax_proteus&oldid=6978040" ...
Richmond Park Diary - December 2017 - Richmond Park - The Royal Parks
Oreopanax xalapensis - Wikispecies
Hedera xalapensis (Kunth) DC., Prodr. 4: 264 (1830).. *Oreopanax xalapensis var. normalis Kuntze, Revis. Gen. Pl. 1: 271 (1891 ... Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life. Published on the internet. Accessed: 2018 Nov. 22. ... Retrieved from "https://species.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oreopanax_xalapensis&oldid=4535638" ...
CLOUD CITY :: BURB
PPT - Classification and Biodiversity PowerPoint presentation | free to view - id: 745ce8-ODczO
Hedera genus *helix species. 15. (No Transcript) 16. Characteristics of the 6 kingdoms*Monera bacteria ... Over a million species so ... , PowerPoint PPT presentation , free to view ... species) Can ... , PowerPoint PPT presentation , free to view ... Hedera helix or Hedera helix *Italicize or underline scientific ...
February 2017 Newsletter
The species is Trametes versicolor. The stump of the tree upon which it is growing is visible in the center of the lower edge ... parviflora), English ivy (Hedera helix) and kudzu (Pueraria montana var. lobata). Supervised by an experts in invasive weed ... Weed Wrangle®, is a one-day, citywide, volunteer effort to help rescue our public parks and green spaces from invasive species ... It is possible that participants will see 20 to 30 native species at some of the sites. ...
Native Alternatives Plant List - Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Ceanothus species,* wild lilacs, western North America. *Cercis canadensis var. texensis, Texas redbud-Oklahoma, Texas, and ... Hedera helix, English Ivy. *Arctostaphylos nevadensis,* pinemat-British Columbia, south to Nevada and California ... Rhus species,* sumac-throughout North America. *Ptelea trifoliata, wafer ash-Ontario to Minnesota, south to Florida and ... Dryopteris species, woodferns, North America. *Eurybia (Aster) macrophylla, big-leaf aster-Newfoundland to Ontario, south to ...
Hedera helix var. baltica - Plant Finder
This variety is a popular ornamental selection in the U. S., but as is the case with species plants, it is considered to be ... Hedera helix, commonly known as English ivy, is a vigorous, aggressive, fast-growing, woody evergreen perennial that is ... baltica is very similar to the species except its dark green leaves are more white-veined, smaller and purplish-tinged in ...
119 - Churchyard Fauna & Flora
It is a resident species and is a dabbling duck which means it feeds on the surface of the water. It may be found on park lakes ... Ivy Hedera helix. Ladys Bedstraw Galium verum. Ladys-smock Cardamine hirsuta. Lords & Ladies Arum maculatum ... Species observed on a later visit have the date recorded in brackets against its name. Mrs Christine Brooks provided water ...
Plants Toxic to Poultry
Horsetails (Equisetum arvense L. & other species) Hyacinth (Hyacinth orientalis) Hydrangea (Hydrangea spp.) Ivy English (Hedera ... English Ivy (Hedera helix L.) Ergot (Claviceps purpurea (Fr.) Tul.) Fern, Bracken (Pteridium aquilinum L.) Fireweed (Kochia ... Clover, Alsike & Other Clovers (Trifolium hybridum L. & other species) Cocklebur (Xanthium strumarium L.) Creeping Charlie see ...
Transactions and Proceedings of the New Zealand Institute, 1874. [electronic resource]
Hedera crassifolia, A. Gray; F. Muell, l. c.). This species, so remarkable in New Zealand for its varied leaf-form, shows in ... One species, Leucopogon richei, is also common to Australia, leaving only 13 species peculiar to the Chatham Islands. The ... of this species than that from the Chatham Islands has since been collected by Mr. Travers on the Brothers Rocks, Cook Strait. ... In addition to the species, which is common both to New Zealand and the Chatham Islands, this well-marked var. has been ...
franl155's plants : Grows on You
Species: Sedum rupestre. Guessing at the exact type, since this is the only one on the BBC plant-finder site to have yellow ... Species: Verbena bonariensis. a gift from Samjp, plant A on her list and so labelled in my pot - easier than writing out the ... Species: Miscanthus Zebrinus. had this couple of years, just found out its name, or at least I think its its name. The info I ... Species: Carex comans. I finally went to a garden centre that Ive been trying to find for ages - with heroic restraint, I only ...
EleutherococcusARALIACEAESynonymsArboreaAlgerianEnglish ivy HederaGrandifoliaRubusVarietiesWoodyLinnaeusSubspPlantsPlant2017North AmericaPoeticaRhombeaColchicaChrysocarpaPoetarumPolysciasParvifloraShrubsVinesFoliageHabitatsNativeHimalayanKudzuHibberdMcAllisterCharacteristicsCaucasigenaPropolisCommonIviesRuprSambucusSaponinsClimberLeafPetuniaSpread of invasive speciesOrnamental
- Hedera helix , the common ivy , English ivy , European ivy , or just ivy , is a species of flowering plant in the family Araliaceae, native to most of Europe and western Asia. (wikipedia.org)
- Hedera rhombea is a species of shrub in the family Araliaceae . (eol.org)
- Eleutherococcus senticosus is a species of small, woody shrub in the family Araliaceae native to Northeastern Asia . (wikipedia.org)
English ivy Hedera16
- parviflora), English ivy (Hedera helix) and kudzu (Pueraria montana var. (constantcontact.com)
- English Ivy (Hedera helix L. (poultryhelp.com)
- The most common variety, English ivy (hedera helix), is considered an invasive species in some areas, but similar varieties can be grown quite successfully in the home garden. (gardenguides.com)
- English ivy Hedera helix is the most common ivy species found in gardens. (ehow.co.uk)
- In Surrey, BC, Canada, Himalayan blackberry ( Rubus armeniacus ) and English ivy ( Hedera helix ) are two invasive shrub species that can negatively affect native ecosystems in cities and managed urban parks. (frontiersin.org)
- This fall I decided to pull up all the English ivy ( Hedera helix ) in my yard, something I'd been meaning to do for 20 years. (colinpurrington.com)
- English ivy (Hedera helix) is the most popularly grown species of ivy and encompasses a wide range of cultivated varieties. (gardenguides.com)
- English ivy ( Hedera helix ) also contains volatile oils and it is very bitter. (wildflowers-and-weeds.com)
- When they think of ivy, most people think of traditional English Ivy (Hedera helix) , however the number of varieties of Ivy is enormous. (thegardenhelper.com)
- Scotch broom ( Cytisus scoparius ), Himalayan blackberry ( Rubus discolor ) and English ivy ( Hedera helix ) are three of the most common invasive plants in the Bowker Creek watershed. (crd.bc.ca)
- Also, many native plants are being stressed or extinguished by invasive or introduced species such as bittersweet vine (Celastrus scandens), Russian olive (Elaeagnus angustifolia), and English ivy (Hedera helix). (garden.org)
- When English ivy ( Hedera helix ) climbs trees and other structures, its form of growth changes and begins to produce fruits and seeds. (stanleyparkecology.ca)
- English ivy, Hedera helix, is very common in shady, landscaped areas in Illinois. (illinois.edu)
- Potted cuttings of species such as English ivy (Hedera helix) and periwinkle may be used to establish ground covers. (yumpu.com)
- Under such conditions, growth must be controlled by pruning shrubby species such as junipers and vines such as English ivy (Hedera helix) in early spring. (yumpu.com)
- Whether you are growing variegated varieties of English ivy (Hedera helix), hardy in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 5 to 9, or another ivy species such as Algerain ivy (Hedera algeriensis), hardy in USDA plant hardiness zones 7 through 10, ivies often tolerate both the sun and shade. (sfgate.com)
- Hedera helix , commonly known as English ivy, is a vigorous, aggressive, fast-growing, woody evergreen perennial that is primarily grown as a climbing vine or trailing ground cover. (missouribotanicalgarden.org)
- Sadly, this woody climber is a much maligned species and is often accused of strangling trees. (royalparks.org.uk)
- Its small populations appear stable but are under continued threat from loss of habitat resulting from succession by woody species, spread of invasive plant species, and grazing by introduced rabbits. (gc.ca)
- Research topics: Contributions to the comparative study of production physiology and of climatic stress of woody and herbaceous plant species from alpine, humid-temperate, mediterranean, subtropical and tropical regions. (istitutoveneto.it)
- Eradicate and/or reduce the spread of invasive species and restore degraded habitats by planting native species, decommissioning unsanctioned trails, and adding course woody debris and other enhancements. (stanleyparkecology.ca)
- The focus is on families that include a majority of woody species. (botanyeveryday.com)
- Curves of gs(Ψl) were collected from the scientific literature for 70 woody plant species.The data set is comprised of angiosperm and gymnosperm species from all major forest biomes.The hypothesis that curves from different tree species diverge between isohydric andanisohydric behaviours was tested.3. (unibas.ch)
- Typically revegetation uses a combination of woody species and grasses. (botanyeveryday.com)
- Woody species have included Autumn Olive ( Elaeagnus angustifolia ), Scotch Pine ( Pinus sylvestris ), Red Pine ( Pinus resinosa ), White Pine ( Pinus strobus ), Black Locust ( Robinia pseudoacacia ), Virginia Pine ( Pinus virginiana ) and Short Leaf Pine ( Pinus echinata ). (botanyeveryday.com)
- The Plants Database includes the following 1 subspecies of Hedera helix . (usda.gov)
- The family includes 254 species of trees, shrubs, lianas and perennial herbaceous plants into 2 subfamilies. (absoluteastronomy.com)
- Weed Wrangle®, is a one-day, citywide, volunteer effort to help rescue our public parks and green spaces from invasive species through hands-on removal of especially harmful trees, vines and flowering plants. (constantcontact.com)
- This variety is a popular ornamental selection in the U. S., but as is the case with species plants, it is considered to be invasive in certain areas such as in the Pacific Northwest. (missouribotanicalgarden.org)
- Although superficially bilaterally symmetric, elliptical Fourier descriptor (EFD) analysis in Arabidopsis thaliana , in addition to simple measurements in the shifts between leaflet placement along the left and right sides of Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) leaves, reveals that plants in these species produce leaves biased to be left- or right-handed [ 5 ]. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- Due to the detrimental impacts of invasive plant species, city authorities are required to initiate programs to control or eradicate the plants. (frontiersin.org)
- In the light of the conducted observations, it seems that selectivity of particular herbicides for prairie cordgrass plants and their effectiveness on particular weed species depend mainly on the growing phase of the plants as well as on particular weed species. (openaire.eu)
- Spider plants (chlorophytum species) are great pollution fighters, grow well in moderate light, and attract few insects. (pnmag.com)
- COSEWIC would like to acknowledge James Miskelly for writing the status report on the Seaside Birds-foot Lotus, Lotus formosissimus in Canada, prepared under contract with Environment Canada, overseen and edited by Erich Haber, Co-chair, COSEWIC Vascular Plants Species Specialist Subcommittee. (gc.ca)
- Herbaceous plants such as ferns, grasses, and many species of perennials. (crd.bc.ca)
- Garry Oak meadows host a wide variety of rare and endangered species of plants and wildlife. (crd.bc.ca)
- The goal of creating more public green space along Bowker Creek, as outlined in the Watershed Management Plan, will also provide an opportunity to increase wildlife habitat, particularly if invasive plants are removed and native species re-introduced wherever possible. (crd.bc.ca)
- The Endangered Species Act does more than ensure a legally binding safety net for animals and plants facing extinction. (ecowatch.com)
- Oregon and Washington State each designated this species noxious, because it chokes out other plants and can overwhelm trees. (sightline.org)
- 8 ) All metals were detected in the dry biomass of the plants which suggests potential of the species as a bioindicator of environmental pollution. (stuartxchange.org)
- Hedera helix is an evergreen climbing plant, growing to 20-30 m (66-98 ft) high where suitable surfaces ( trees , cliffs , walls ) are available, and also growing as groundcover where no vertical surfaces occur. (wikipedia.org)
- Aplin (1976) noted that in Western Australia this species was suspected of having caused an irritating rash in a person who had handled the plant. (botanical-dermatology-database.info)
- Colchicum autumnale L. (Colchicaceae) is classed as an endangered plant species in Ireland, with a highly localised distribution centred on the Nore Valley in the southeast. (springer.com)
- The study illustrates the point that a broader geographical perspective is fundamental to the assessment of the conservation status of regionally threatened plant species. (springer.com)
- Ivy (Hedera species) is an evergreen plant that is ideal for growing in hanging baskets given its vinelike, flowing growth. (ehow.co.uk)
- Many invasive non-native plant species are now present in this watershed. (crd.bc.ca)
- Despite an alarming UN report that warns one million plant and animal species face extinction due to human activity, the Trump administration is poised to hasten species on their path to extinction by eroding critical wildlife protections. (ecowatch.com)
- In order to proof the viability of the Waterboxx® plant cocoon on a demonstration scale and to assess its results, the project foresees planting of a variety of species on a variety of soil types in lots which range from bare land to mountains to a waste dump (a total of 63 Ha, all located in areas with a moderately dry to extremely dry climate). (groasis.com)
- The English ivy plant (Hedera helix) is native to Europe, western Asia and northern Africa, but is grown nationwide in the United States, according to the Plant Conservation Alliance's Alien Plant Working Group. (ehow.com)
- English ivy is considered an invasive species and unwanted in many areas, but is also a popular ornamental plant. (ehow.com)
- Invasive plant and animal species have had devastating impacts on the native ecology of many natural areas and are one of the greatest threats to biodiversity in our world today. (stanleyparkecology.ca)
- In Stanley Park, there are 72 non-native, invasive plant species. (stanleyparkecology.ca)
- Like most of North America, the Northwest has a real problem with invasive plant species, sometimes called "noxious weeds. (sightline.org)
- 2004. A detailed examination of the succulent plant species covered by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species, with a full bibliography and sections on identification, impelementation and enforcement. (balogh.com)
- 2004. This training manual provides a comprehensive guide to the application of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) to the major plant groups. (balogh.com)
- However, in Britain high levels of dominance by a small number of aggressive native plant species may have an equal, or greater, impact on the richness of native woodlands. (nerc.ac.uk)
- During the foraging, bees can capture nectar, pollen, propolis from the buds of various botanic species, honeydew from the aphids of infested plant and water from wells and irrigation ditches. (scirp.org)
- Parks and natural areas represent ideal sites for installing experimental beehives: high quality honey can be produced in these places, because they are less exposed to pollution than other areas, and specific studies of the environmental botanical composition can be conducted, because of their abundance in plant species. (scirp.org)
- the visitation of flowers by pollinating insects is crucial for the reproduction and conservation of almost 80% of angiosperm plant species . (scirp.org)
- The roots of most vascular plant species enter into symbiosis with certain fungi to form mycorrhizas , and a large range of other organisms including bacteria also closely associate with roots. (wikidoc.org)
- For this reason, water that is saline is more difficult for most plant species to absorb. (wikidoc.org)
- The known distribution of Arula petunia is from the east coast of South Africa from Tanskei to northern Natal, and there are additional photographic records of similar species or relatives from Bali, Indonesia ( McFadden and Ofwegen 2012 ), Oman ( Weinberg 2017 ) and Sabah, Malaysia (Lau pers. (pensoft.net)
- For each invasive species listed below, several natives are suggested as alternatives, along with their natural range in continental North America. (bbg.org)
- Everyone has heard about bee declines, but with so much attention focused on domesticated honeybees, someone has to speak up for the 4,000 species of native bees in North America. (constantcontact.com)
- This family of some 700 species in 55 genera consists mostly of trees and shrubs, but includes some twiners. (botanical-dermatology-database.info)
- The larvae feed on a number of trees and shrubs, but prefer ivy ( Hedera helix ). (ukmoths.org.uk)
- Several species of these deciduous or evergreen shrubs are attractive to gardeners and birds alike. (garden.org)
- Many other species of holly grow as shrubs. (garden.org)
- It enshrines in law the principle that economic prosperity cannot come at the cost of conserving our native species and the habitats they depend on. (ecowatch.com)
- When a non-native, invasive species is introduced into an ecosystem, it can spread rapidly, out-compete native species and compromise natural habitats and processes that native species depend on for survival. (stanleyparkecology.ca)
- The management of these species is a priority for SPES - with the goal of conserving and restoring the natural ecosystems, habitats and species present in the park. (stanleyparkecology.ca)
- The invasion of native habitats by alien species has received considerable attention. (nerc.ac.uk)
- Within its native range, the species is greatly valued for attracting wildlife. (wikipedia.org)
- Other species are native to temperate regions, and some species have become widely distributed by horticulture and as houseplants. (botanical-dermatology-database.info)
- Natural history photographer Clay Bolt embarked on a multi-year quest to tell the stories of our native bees, and one elusive species - the Rusty-patched Bumble Bee - became his white whale. (constantcontact.com)
- than native species. (frontiersin.org)
- The high resolution Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism genetic fingerprinting technique was used to clarify a question over the native status of the species and to assess its Irish conservation status through comparison with populations throughout northwestern Europe. (springer.com)
- Seeds of several native species feed siskins and redpolls. (garden.org)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedera_helix In fact, climate change is likely to make the region's weed problem worse: warmer summers and winters can make it easier for non-native weeds to gain a foothold and spread. (sightline.org)
- We have only one native species: the Carolina mantid ( Stagmomantis carolina ). (colinpurrington.com)
- The second part of the study traces the progress made by several of the more notorious exotic weed species and compares their distribution with those of some prevalent native groundcovers. (beslter.org)
- Native dominants in British woodland - a potential cause of reduced species-richness? (nerc.ac.uk)
- Here, we examine this hypothesis by modelling the realized niche of native-dominant species along the principal coenocline of British woodlands, and examined niche overlaps with 78 woodland specialist species and two alien species. (nerc.ac.uk)
- Four native species had a much greater cover than all other field-layer species, and between them they entirely covered the response range of all other field-layer species, replacing one another along the coenocline. (nerc.ac.uk)
- Understanding how woodland communities remain diverse, even in the presence of aggressive native species, may provide insights into how the impact of exotic invasive species can be managed. (nerc.ac.uk)
- The extent and causes of bee decline can be attributed to habitat loss and fragmentation, climate change, non-native species, pesticides, genetically modified crops and parasite infection from the fungal pathogen Nosema virus . (scirp.org)
- Chinese tallows are very competitive, and they have no natural predators here like in their native China," said Karan Rawlins, an invasive species specialist at the University of Georgia's Center for Invasive Species & Ecosystem Health. (blogspot.com)
- Evolutionary relay refers to independent species acquiring similar characteristics through their evolution in similar ecosystems, but not at the same time (e.g. dorsal fins of extinct ichthyosaurs and sharks ). (newworldencyclopedia.org)
- Parallel evolution occurs when two independent species evolve together at the same time in the same ecospace and acquire similar characteristics ( extinct browsing-horses and extinct paleotheres). (newworldencyclopedia.org)
- Together with SME Hedera Ltd, Split, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Zagreb has over the last year and a half developed and tested an innovative intramammary formulation of non-alcoholic solution of propolis to be used for the prevention and treatment of mastitis in dairy ruminants. (hedera.hr)
- By determining the change of peroxide number (PN), of tiobarbiture acid reactive species (TBARS), and of DPPH-radical activity, antioxidative efficiency of propolis was tested and compared with well known and widely used synthetic antioxidants. (hedera.hr)
- Hedera helix L. - Common ivy (syn. (wikipedia.org)
- Hedera helix - Common or English ivy. (druidry.org)
- Of this number 191 species are common to New Zealand. (natlib.govt.nz)
- One species, Leucopogon richei , is also common to Australia, leaving only 13 species peculiar to the Chatham Islands. (natlib.govt.nz)
- In addition to the species, which is common both to New Zealand and the Chatham Islands, this well-marked var. (natlib.govt.nz)
- We then analyse the shape of more than 800 common ivy ( Hedera helix ) and more than 3000 grapevine ( Vitis and Ampelopsis spp. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- A spectacular species and one of our largest Geometrids, this is however reasonably common in Britain, except for northern Scotland where it is local or absent. (ukmoths.org.uk)
- And finally, the basic care of true English (or "common") Ivy ( Hedera helix for our Latin lovers out there) is beyond easy. (gardensalive.com)
- Ivies (hedera species) prefer indirect light, like to be evenly watered, and don't mind drying out occasionally. (pnmag.com)