Head: The upper part of the human body, or the front or upper part of the body of an animal, typically separated from the rest of the body by a neck, and containing the brain, mouth, and sense organs.Head and Neck Neoplasms: Soft tissue tumors or cancer arising from the mucosal surfaces of the LIP; oral cavity; PHARYNX; LARYNX; and cervical esophagus. Other sites included are the NOSE and PARANASAL SINUSES; SALIVARY GLANDS; THYROID GLAND and PARATHYROID GLANDS; and MELANOMA and non-melanoma skin cancers of the head and neck. (from Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 4th ed, p1651)Head Movements: Voluntary or involuntary motion of head that may be relative to or independent of body; includes animals and humans.Femur Head: The hemispheric articular surface at the upper extremity of the thigh bone. (Stedman, 26th ed)Sperm Head: The anterior portion of the spermatozoon (SPERMATOZOA) that contains mainly the nucleus with highly compact CHROMATIN material.Femur Head Necrosis: Aseptic or avascular necrosis of the femoral head. The major types are idiopathic (primary), as a complication of fractures or dislocations, and LEGG-CALVE-PERTHES DISEASE.Head Injuries, Closed: Traumatic injuries to the cranium where the integrity of the skull is not compromised and no bone fragments or other objects penetrate the skull and dura mater. This frequently results in mechanical injury being transmitted to intracranial structures which may produce traumatic brain injuries, hemorrhage, or cranial nerve injury. (From Rowland, Merritt's Textbook of Neurology, 9th ed, p417)Craniocerebral Trauma: Traumatic injuries involving the cranium and intracranial structures (i.e., BRAIN; CRANIAL NERVES; MENINGES; and other structures). Injuries may be classified by whether or not the skull is penetrated (i.e., penetrating vs. nonpenetrating) or whether there is an associated hemorrhage.Carcinoma, Squamous Cell: A carcinoma derived from stratified SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELLS. It may also occur in sites where glandular or columnar epithelium is normally present. (From Stedman, 25th ed)Head Protective Devices: Personal devices for protection of heads from impact, penetration from falling and flying objects, and from limited electric shock and burn.Humeral Head: The portion of the upper rounded extremity fitting into the glenoid cavity of the SCAPULA. (from Stedman, 27th ed)Pediculus: Lice of the genus Pediculus, family Pediculidae. Pediculus humanus corporus is the human body louse and Pediculus humanus capitis is the human head louse.Lice Infestations: Parasitic attack or subsistence on the skin by members of the order Phthiraptera, especially on humans by Pediculus humanus of the family Pediculidae. The hair of the head, eyelashes, and pubis is a frequent site of infestation. (From Dorland, 28th ed; Stedman, 26th ed)Reflex, Vestibulo-Ocular: A reflex wherein impulses are conveyed from the cupulas of the SEMICIRCULAR CANALS and from the OTOLITHIC MEMBRANE of the SACCULE AND UTRICLE via the VESTIBULAR NUCLEI of the BRAIN STEM and the median longitudinal fasciculus to the OCULOMOTOR NERVE nuclei. It functions to maintain a stable retinal image during head rotation by generating appropriate compensatory EYE MOVEMENTS.Rotation: Motion of an object in which either one or more points on a line are fixed. It is also the motion of a particle about a fixed point. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Skull Fractures: Fractures of the skull which may result from penetrating or nonpenetrating head injuries or rarely BONE DISEASES (see also FRACTURES, SPONTANEOUS). Skull fractures may be classified by location (e.g., SKULL FRACTURE, BASILAR), radiographic appearance (e.g., linear), or based upon cranial integrity (e.g., SKULL FRACTURE, DEPRESSED).Neck: The part of a human or animal body connecting the HEAD to the rest of the body.Scalp DermatosesHead Injuries, Penetrating: Head injuries which feature compromise of the skull and dura mater. These may result from gunshot wounds (WOUNDS, GUNSHOT), stab wounds (WOUNDS, STAB), and other forms of trauma.Neck Muscles: The neck muscles consist of the platysma, splenius cervicis, sternocleidomastoid(eus), longus colli, the anterior, medius, and posterior scalenes, digastric(us), stylohyoid(eus), mylohyoid(eus), geniohyoid(eus), sternohyoid(eus), omohyoid(eus), sternothyroid(eus), and thyrohyoid(eus).Eye Movements: Voluntary or reflex-controlled movements of the eye.Head Kidney: A primitive form of vertebrate kidney that is found in adults of some primitive FISHES and in the embryos of more advanced fishes. In some species of fishes it contains phagocytic cells and is also a major site of HEMATOPOIESIS, analogous to the mammalian BONE MARROW.Acceleration: An increase in the rate of speed.Posture: The position or attitude of the body.Optic Disk: The portion of the optic nerve seen in the fundus with the ophthalmoscope. It is formed by the meeting of all the retinal ganglion cell axons as they enter the optic nerve.Vestibule, Labyrinth: An oval, bony chamber of the inner ear, part of the bony labyrinth. It is continuous with bony COCHLEA anteriorly, and SEMICIRCULAR CANALS posteriorly. The vestibule contains two communicating sacs (utricle and saccule) of the balancing apparatus. The oval window on its lateral wall is occupied by the base of the STAPES of the MIDDLE EAR.Tomography, X-Ray Computed: Tomography using x-ray transmission and a computer algorithm to reconstruct the image.Brain Concussion: A nonspecific term used to describe transient alterations or loss of consciousness following closed head injuries. The duration of UNCONSCIOUSNESS generally lasts a few seconds, but may persist for several hours. Concussions may be classified as mild, intermediate, and severe. Prolonged periods of unconsciousness (often defined as greater than 6 hours in duration) may be referred to as post-traumatic coma (COMA, POST-HEAD INJURY). (From Rowland, Merritt's Textbook of Neurology, 9th ed, p418)Hydra: A genus of freshwater polyps in the family Hydridae, order Hydroida, class HYDROZOA. They are of special interest because of their complex organization and because their adult organization corresponds roughly to the gastrula of higher animals.Brain Injuries: Acute and chronic (see also BRAIN INJURIES, CHRONIC) injuries to the brain, including the cerebral hemispheres, CEREBELLUM, and BRAIN STEM. Clinical manifestations depend on the nature of injury. Diffuse trauma to the brain is frequently associated with DIFFUSE AXONAL INJURY or COMA, POST-TRAUMATIC. Localized injuries may be associated with NEUROBEHAVIORAL MANIFESTATIONS; HEMIPARESIS, or other focal neurologic deficits.Cephalometry: The measurement of the dimensions of the HEAD.Glasgow Coma Scale: A scale that assesses the response to stimuli in patients with craniocerebral injuries. The parameters are eye opening, motor response, and verbal response.Myosins: A diverse superfamily of proteins that function as translocating proteins. They share the common characteristics of being able to bind ACTINS and hydrolyze MgATP. Myosins generally consist of heavy chains which are involved in locomotion, and light chains which are involved in regulation. Within the structure of myosin heavy chain are three domains: the head, the neck and the tail. The head region of the heavy chain contains the actin binding domain and MgATPase domain which provides energy for locomotion. The neck region is involved in binding the light-chains. The tail region provides the anchoring point that maintains the position of the heavy chain. The superfamily of myosins is organized into structural classes based upon the type and arrangement of the subunits they contain.Semicircular Canals: Three long canals (anterior, posterior, and lateral) of the bony labyrinth. They are set at right angles to each other and are situated posterosuperior to the vestibule of the bony labyrinth (VESTIBULAR LABYRINTH). The semicircular canals have five openings into the vestibule with one shared by the anterior and the posterior canals. Within the canals are the SEMICIRCULAR DUCTS.Skull: The SKELETON of the HEAD including the FACIAL BONES and the bones enclosing the BRAIN.Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Retrospective Studies: Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.Treatment Outcome: Evaluation undertaken to assess the results or consequences of management and procedures used in combating disease in order to determine the efficacy, effectiveness, safety, and practicability of these interventions in individual cases or series.Movement: The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.Spermatozoa: Mature male germ cells derived from SPERMATIDS. As spermatids move toward the lumen of the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES, they undergo extensive structural changes including the loss of cytoplasm, condensation of CHROMATIN into the SPERM HEAD, formation of the ACROSOME cap, the SPERM MIDPIECE and the SPERM TAIL that provides motility.Neoplasms, Squamous Cell: Neoplasms of the SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELLS. The concept does not refer to neoplasms located in tissue composed of squamous elements.Otorhinolaryngologic Neoplasms: A general concept for tumors or cancer of any part of the EAR; the NOSE; the THROAT; and the PHARYNX. It is used when there is no specific heading.Hip Joint: The joint that is formed by the articulation of the head of FEMUR and the ACETABULUM of the PELVIS.Orientation: Awareness of oneself in relation to time, place and person.Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Non-invasive method of demonstrating internal anatomy based on the principle that atomic nuclei in a strong magnetic field absorb pulses of radiofrequency energy and emit them as radiowaves which can be reconstructed into computerized images. The concept includes proton spin tomographic techniques.Neck Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the neck. It includes injuries to the skin, muscles, and other soft tissues of the neck.Biomechanical Phenomena: The properties, processes, and behavior of biological systems under the action of mechanical forces.Otolithic Membrane: A gelatinous membrane overlying the acoustic maculae of SACCULE AND UTRICLE. It contains minute crystalline particles (otoliths) of CALCIUM CARBONATE and protein on its outer surface. In response to head movement, the otoliths shift causing distortion of the vestibular hair cells which transduce nerve signals to the BRAIN for interpretation of equilibrium.Trauma Severity Indices: Systems for assessing, classifying, and coding injuries. These systems are used in medical records, surveillance systems, and state and national registries to aid in the collection and reporting of trauma.Hip Prosthesis: Replacement for a hip joint.Early Intervention (Education): Procedures and programs that facilitate the development or skill acquisition in infants and young children who have disabilities, who are at risk for developing disabilities, or who are gifted. It includes programs that are designed to prevent handicapping conditions in infants and young children and family-centered programs designed to affect the functioning of infants and children with special needs. (From Journal of Early Intervention, Editorial, 1989, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 3; A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, prepared for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, 1976)Humerus: Bone in humans and primates extending from the SHOULDER JOINT to the ELBOW JOINT.Injury Severity Score: An anatomic severity scale based on the Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and developed specifically to score multiple traumatic injuries. It has been used as a predictor of mortality.Laryngeal Neoplasms: Cancers or tumors of the LARYNX or any of its parts: the GLOTTIS; EPIGLOTTIS; LARYNGEAL CARTILAGES; LARYNGEAL MUSCLES; and VOCAL CORDS.Myosin Subfragments: Parts of the myosin molecule resulting from cleavage by proteolytic enzymes (PAPAIN; TRYPSIN; or CHYMOTRYPSIN) at well-localized regions. Study of these isolated fragments helps to delineate the functional roles of different parts of myosin. Two of the most common subfragments are myosin S-1 and myosin S-2. S-1 contains the heads of the heavy chains plus the light chains and S-2 contains part of the double-stranded, alpha-helical, heavy chain tail (myosin rod).Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease: A particular type of FEMUR HEAD NECROSIS occurring in children, mainly male, with a course of four years or so.Molecular Sequence Data: Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.Unconsciousness: Loss of the ability to maintain awareness of self and environment combined with markedly reduced responsiveness to environmental stimuli. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp344-5)Elbow Joint: A hinge joint connecting the FOREARM to the ARM.Follow-Up Studies: Studies in which individuals or populations are followed to assess the outcome of exposures, procedures, or effects of a characteristic, e.g., occurrence of disease.Combined Modality Therapy: The treatment of a disease or condition by several different means simultaneously or sequentially. Chemoimmunotherapy, RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY, chemoradiotherapy, cryochemotherapy, and SALVAGE THERAPY are seen most frequently, but their combinations with each other and surgery are also used.Accidents, Traffic: Accidents on streets, roads, and highways involving drivers, passengers, pedestrians, or vehicles. Traffic accidents refer to AUTOMOBILES (passenger cars, buses, and trucks), BICYCLING, and MOTORCYCLES but not OFF-ROAD MOTOR VEHICLES; RAILROADS nor snowmobiles.Sperm Tail: The posterior filiform portion of the spermatozoon (SPERMATOZOA) that provides sperm motility.Osteotomy: The surgical cutting of a bone. (Dorland, 28th ed)Arthroplasty, Replacement, Hip: Replacement of the hip joint.Brain: The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.Cisplatin: An inorganic and water-soluble platinum complex. After undergoing hydrolysis, it reacts with DNA to produce both intra and interstrand crosslinks. These crosslinks appear to impair replication and transcription of DNA. The cytotoxicity of cisplatin correlates with cellular arrest in the G2 phase of the cell cycle.Nystagmus, Pathologic: Involuntary movements of the eye that are divided into two types, jerk and pendular. Jerk nystagmus has a slow phase in one direction followed by a corrective fast phase in the opposite direction, and is usually caused by central or peripheral vestibular dysfunction. Pendular nystagmus features oscillations that are of equal velocity in both directions and this condition is often associated with visual loss early in life. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p272)Pharyngeal Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the PHARYNX.Vestibular Nerve: The vestibular part of the 8th cranial nerve (VESTIBULOCOCHLEAR NERVE). The vestibular nerve fibers arise from neurons of Scarpa's ganglion and project peripherally to vestibular hair cells and centrally to the VESTIBULAR NUCLEI of the BRAIN STEM. These fibers mediate the sense of balance and head position.Torticollis: A symptom, not a disease, of a twisted neck. In most instances, the head is tipped toward one side and the chin rotated toward the other. The involuntary muscle contractions in the neck region of patients with torticollis can be due to congenital defects, trauma, inflammation, tumors, and neurological or other factors.DislocationsProspective Studies: Observation of a population for a sufficient number of persons over a sufficient number of years to generate incidence or mortality rates subsequent to the selection of the study group.Fixation, Ocular: The positioning and accommodation of eyes that allows the image to be brought into place on the FOVEA CENTRALIS of each eye.Oropharyngeal Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the OROPHARYNX.Reproducibility of Results: The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.Acetabulum: The part of the pelvis that comprises the pelvic socket where the head of FEMUR joins to form HIP JOINT (acetabulofemoral joint).Chromium Alloys: Specific alloys not less than 85% chromium and nickel or cobalt, with traces of either nickel or cobalt, molybdenum, and other substances. They are used in partial dentures, orthopedic implants, etc.Body Patterning: The processes occurring in early development that direct morphogenesis. They specify the body plan ensuring that cells will proceed to differentiate, grow, and diversify in size and shape at the correct relative positions. Included are axial patterning, segmentation, compartment specification, limb position, organ boundary patterning, blood vessel patterning, etc.Video Recording: The storing or preserving of video signals for television to be played back later via a transmitter or receiver. Recordings may be made on magnetic tape or discs (VIDEODISC RECORDING).Xerostomia: Decreased salivary flow.Models, Biological: Theoretical representations that simulate the behavior or activity of biological processes or diseases. For disease models in living animals, DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL is available. Biological models include the use of mathematical equations, computers, and other electronic equipment.Vestibular Function Tests: A number of tests used to determine if the brain or balance portion of the inner ear are causing dizziness.Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental: Any of the processes by which nuclear, cytoplasmic, or intercellular factors influence the differential control of gene action during the developmental stages of an organism.Immunohistochemistry: Histochemical localization of immunoreactive substances using labeled antibodies as reagents.Prosthesis Failure: Malfunction of implantation shunts, valves, etc., and prosthesis loosening, migration, and breaking.Radiotherapy: The use of IONIZING RADIATION to treat malignant NEOPLASMS and some benign conditions.Morphogenesis: The development of anatomical structures to create the form of a single- or multi-cell organism. Morphogenesis provides form changes of a part, parts, or the whole organism.Amino Acid Sequence: The order of amino acids as they occur in a polypeptide chain. This is referred to as the primary structure of proteins. It is of fundamental importance in determining PROTEIN CONFORMATION.Infant, Newborn: An infant during the first month after birth.Prognosis: A prediction of the probable outcome of a disease based on a individual's condition and the usual course of the disease as seen in similar situations.Mouth Neoplasms: Tumors or cancer of the MOUTH.Nystagmus, Physiologic: Involuntary rhythmical movements of the eyes in the normal person. These can be naturally occurring as in end-position (end-point, end-stage, or deviational) nystagmus or induced by the optokinetic drum (NYSTAGMUS, OPTOKINETIC), caloric test, or a rotating chair.Boxing: A two-person sport in which the fists are skillfully used to attack and defend.Models, Anatomic: Three-dimensional representation to show anatomic structures. Models may be used in place of intact animals or organisms for teaching, practice, and study.Prosthesis Design: The plan and delineation of prostheses in general or a specific prosthesis.Hematoma, Subdural: Accumulation of blood in the SUBDURAL SPACE between the DURA MATER and the arachnoidal layer of the MENINGES. This condition primarily occurs over the surface of a CEREBRAL HEMISPHERE, but may develop in the spinal canal (HEMATOMA, SUBDURAL, SPINAL). Subdural hematoma can be classified as the acute or the chronic form, with immediate or delayed symptom onset, respectively. Symptoms may include loss of consciousness, severe HEADACHE, and deteriorating mental status.Vestibular Diseases: Pathological processes of the VESTIBULAR LABYRINTH which contains part of the balancing apparatus. Patients with vestibular diseases show instability and are at risk of frequent falls.Hip Dislocation: Displacement of the femur bone from its normal position at the HIP JOINT.Sensitivity and Specificity: Binary classification measures to assess test results. Sensitivity or recall rate is the proportion of true positives. Specificity is the probability of correctly determining the absence of a condition. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)Range of Motion, Articular: The distance and direction to which a bone joint can be extended. Range of motion is a function of the condition of the joints, muscles, and connective tissues involved. Joint flexibility can be improved through appropriate MUSCLE STRETCHING EXERCISES.Imaging, Three-Dimensional: The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.Aluminum Oxide: An oxide of aluminum, occurring in nature as various minerals such as bauxite, corundum, etc. It is used as an adsorbent, desiccating agent, and catalyst, and in the manufacture of dental cements and refractories.Pancreaticoduodenectomy: The excision of the head of the pancreas and the encircling loop of the duodenum to which it is connected.Facial Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the soft tissue or bony portions of the face.Radius: The outer shorter of the two bones of the FOREARM, lying parallel to the ULNA and partially revolving around it.Mutation: Any detectable and heritable change in the genetic material that causes a change in the GENOTYPE and which is transmitted to daughter cells and to succeeding generations.Microscopy, Electron: Microscopy using an electron beam, instead of light, to visualize the sample, thereby allowing much greater magnification. The interactions of ELECTRONS with specimens are used to provide information about the fine structure of that specimen. In TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY the reactions of the electrons that are transmitted through the specimen are imaged. In SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY an electron beam falls at a non-normal angle on the specimen and the image is derived from the reactions occurring above the plane of the specimen.Osteonecrosis: Death of a bone or part of a bone, either atraumatic or posttraumatic.Radius FracturesRadiotherapy Dosage: The total amount of radiation absorbed by tissues as a result of radiotherapy.Athletic Injuries: Injuries incurred during participation in competitive or non-competitive sports.
"Head Start". The New Yorker. Retrieved 23 November 2013. Moore, David Leon (2002-07-26). "Parents pay dearly to coach kids for ... Initially offering quarterback training to youth, high school and college players, Clarkson soon began to train professional ... I guess I'm the person who started this whole madness." Clarkson has developed quarterbacks including Heisman Trophy-winner ...
George Berham Parr
Sports in West Bengal
Angel grew up on the South Side of Providence where he attended the Head Start Program and the Providence Public Schools, ... "Angel Taveras, Mayor of Providence, RI". Our Head Start. Retrieved 8 August 2013. Mayor-elect Taveras saves some money (2010-11 ... After a 2000 Congressional run, Taveras started his own small law firm, focusing on civic advocacy and elections law. In 2007, ... Klepper, David (2 August 2013). "Gay weddings begin in R.I., Minn". Boston Globe. Retrieved 8 August 2013. McGowan, Dan (12 ...
Feltonville School No. 2
Native Friendship Centre of Montreal
Escape from Scorpion Island (series 2)
Head Start - Allows the player to start a challenge before their rival team. Originally held by Livvi but given to Sammy ... Claw won the first challenge and made use of their head start for the last leg of the race. They did show teamwork, ... Before the challenge, Livvi decided to use her power play, "Head Start". However, since Livvi sustained a leg injury, Sammy ... False Start - Allows the player to stop the challenge they are currently playing and start again. It can only be used within ...
Foundation Public School
Head Start School System :: Official Website. Hs.edu.pk. Retrieved on 2013-01-29. Annual sports day: At Foundation Public ... In 1992, Sabiha Mohammad laid the foundation for a sister brand named Head Start School System (HS) which was founded to ... Recently, HS has started to offer primary and secondary level education but its main focus still remains at kindergarten. In ... Starting out with 1 student in its first branch, FPS gradually decreased its capacity to offer primary, pre-secondary and ...
Head Start Impact Study. Final Report. Retrieved 2010-08-11. Westat, Inc. Wins $1.09 Million Federal Contract. Bloomberg ... began as a partnership in 1961 with cofounders Edward C. Bryant, Ph.D., a tenured full professor of statistics at the ... www.ama.org/publications/MarketingNews/Documents/2017-top-50-gold-report-article.pdf Smith leads Rockville's Westat with a head ...
Head Start School System also operates its biggest branch Clifton Campus in Clifton area. Clifton beach World's second highest ... "Head Start School System :: Official Website". www.hs.edu.pk. "Port Fountain - Projects - Karachi Port Trust". kpt.gov.pk. toot ... In the early 20th century, Parsis began moving to the area, and were soon followed by Muslims and Hindus. The Jehangir Kothari ... The area remained a residential area characterized by bungalows until the 1970s, when the area began to develop as one of ...
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
2 billion for Head Start. House - Similar aid to states and school districts; $21 billion for school modernization; $16 billion ... The Senate then began consideration of the bill starting with the $275 billion tax provisions in the week of February 2, 2009. ... Growth then weakened again as the impact of the stimulus began to fade at the end of 2010 and the start of this year. In other ... 2.1 billion for Head Start $2 billion for childcare services $650 million for educational technology $300 million for increased ...
Rutland (city), Vermont
"About Rutland County Head Start". Rchsccn.org. Retrieved January 5, 2016. "Grace Preschool , Rutland, VT Preschool". ... It began on Otter Creek in the early 19th century as a small hamlet called Mill Village in Rutland, the surrounding town named ... Technical Center A publicly funded pre-kindergarten program for eligible families is offered through Rutland County Head Start ... By the 1840s, small firms had begun excavations, but marble quarries proved profitable only after the railroad arrived in 1851 ...
Mt. Zion Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
The location continues to be used for education; as of 2014 it is the site of the Miles Early Head Start center. A community ... "Miles Head Start/EHS". Northwest Tennessee Economic Development Council. Retrieved March 16, 2014. Ledbetter, Sarah (October 12 ... By the 1890s, the growth of the congregation and the increasing prosperity of its members led it to start a larger brick church ...
"Shira Head Start-Chasan Sofer". greatschools.org. Retrieved 2010-03-07. "Rabbinical Seminary of Chasan Sofer". impluCorporation ... where it currently enrolls over 400 students in kindergarten through twelfth grade and operates a Head Start Program and ... His funeral began in Yeshivas Chasan Sofer in Boro Park on 23 May, accompanied by eulogies from some of the great Torah leaders ... the Chasam Sofer set the precedent for his family members to serve as rav of the Austrian town of Mattersdorf and head the ...
The Intern Group
"Start-ups Head for Chile". Financial Times. "Intern Latin America won the TIC Colombia Awards!". Start Up Chile. Retrieved 29 ... The company was founded and keeps its head office in London. It has offices in New York, Melbourne, Madrid, Hong Kong, Colombia ... In 2011, the company won a place on the Start-Up Chile entrepreneurship program. In 2012, The Intern Group won the ... "Start-Up Chile: Growing Pains of the Chilecon Valley". Huffington Post. Moules, Johnathan. " ...
Geraldine Pittman Woods
Woo, Elaine (January 5, 2000). "Geraldine Woods; Scientists Helped Launch Head Start". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 15 November ... thus Woods was invited to the White House to help launch the Head Start Program, a US anti-poverty program, with Delta Sigma ... Starting in 1963, she served a four-year term on the Personnel Board of the California Department of Employment. The following ...
New York Foundling
Since 1984, The New York Foundling has operated Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Puerto Rico. The goal of these ... "Head Start Programs: Puerto Rico". The New York Foundling. The New York Foundling. Retrieved 24 August 2017. Renée Wendinger. " ... The program began in 1982. Staff are fluent in American Sign Language and provide a variety of home-based services based on ... Beginning in 1945, The Foundling also operated a developmental clinic to observe, examine and analyze the developmental norms ...
Julius B. Richmond
Richmond is noted for his role in the creation of the Head Start program for disadvantaged children, serving as its first ... Building on health-related proposals submitted in response to Head Start, in 1966 Richmond sponsored a series of Neighborhood ... Julius Richmond, 91; Helped Create Head Start Program". The Los Angeles Times. pp. B-8. Retrieved 2008-01-17. Bryan Marquard ( ... During 1965, Richmond implemented Project Head Start, an enrichment program for disadvantaged pre-school age children that was ...
Kingsbridge Heights Community Center
The Head Start and Early Head Start programs served 114 and 163 families respectively in 2012. Teen Center is open to youth ... "HEAD START ANNUAL REPORT" (PDF). Kingsbridge Heights Community Center. Retrieved 13 August 2013. "EARLY HEAD START ANNUAL ... The center opened during the spring of 1975 with a teen program and a Head Start Program and a budget of $500,000 to continue ... The center also offers the Early Head Start program serving families and children from pregnancy through the three years of age ...
Montour County, Pennsylvania
Paul Blake (field hockey)
Philippine Secondary Schools Basketball Championship
Lubbock Independent School District
Socialist Sunday School
She started the first Sunday with only one other besides her own two children but twenty years later there were approximately ... headed by William Kruse, published an organizing manual for party locals seeking to establish Socialist Sunday Schools, ... Only in 1886 did Socialist Sunday Schools begin to reemerge in Great Britain. The institution was popularized by Mary Gray ... The earliest use of secular Sunday Schools by the radical movement began in Great Britain in the early 1830s, when adherents of ...
Pronator teres muscle
humeral head: medial supracondylar ridge of humerus (common flexor tendon) , ulnar head:coronoid process of ulna. ... To stimulate the pronator teres, a signal begins in the precentral gyrus in the brain and goes down through the internal ... The pronator teres has two heads-humeral and ulnar. *The humeral head, the larger and more superficial, arises from the medial ... The ulnar head (or ulnar tuberosity) is a thin fasciculus, which arises from the medial side of the coronoid process of the ...
Ariosa v. Sequenom
First, the court said, the claims "are directed to a patent-ineligible concept" because the "method begins and ends with a ... According to Professor Rantanon, the Dyk opinion "hits the nail on the head" by "framing the patent eligible subject matter ... After Sequenom launched its test on the market, several other companies began to market similar tests and cut prices. Sequenom ...
2009-10 United States network television schedule
NOTE: On NBC, Parenthood was supposed to have started the night at 8-9, but it was delayed to midseason at the last minute and ... Osterhout, Jacob (December 17, 2009). "'The Beautiful Life' will get second life online; ill-fated CW show headed for the Web" ... "Fox Picks Up "Glee" for Second Season; Nationwide Casting to Begin". Playbill.com. January 11, 2010. Archived from the original ...
... but only at the ipsilateral side of the head. Ipsilateral indicates the same side of the head as where the suture is ... thereby enabling the surgeon to start planning surgical reconstruction. ... The head circumference and the growth curve of the head provide important clues into making a differentiation between ... Oxycephaly, also known as turricephaly and high-head syndrome, is a type of cephalic disorder. This is a term sometimes used to ...
She began to publish poems under different pseudonyms-Ruth Stanhope, Edgar Stanhope, and Anne Singleton. She also began work ... When Boas retired in 1937, most of his students considered Ruth Benedict to be the obvious choice for the head of the ... As a toddler, she contracted measles which left her partially deaf, which was not discovered until she began school. Ruth ... That summer Ruth fell deeply in love with Stanley as he began to visit her more, and accepted his proposal for marriage. ...
The whole head should have good pigmentation.. Size. Most countries have breed descriptions that say that the Irish ... The tail should start up quite high, but it should not stick straight up or curl over the back or either side of its body. The ... The proper selection process of the breed began only in the latter 19th century. They were shown now and then, sometimes in one ... A properly trimmed Irish Terrier should have some "furnishings" on legs and head. The slightly longer hair on the front legs ...
Celebrations traditionally begin on the evening of July 3 with a concert at Dehy Park while the fire for the deep-pit BBQ is ... is accessed via the Onion Valley road which heads directly west out of Independence. This trail takes hikers to Kings Canyon/ ... Independence began as the US Army Camp Independence (two miles north of the current town) established by Lieutenant Colonel ...
Homeobox protein Hox-D8 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the HOXD8 gene. This gene belongs to the homeobox family of genes. The homeobox genes encode a highly conserved family of transcription factors that play an important role in morphogenesis in all multicellular organisms. Mammals possess four similar homeobox gene clusters, HOXA, HOXB, HOXC and HOXD, located on different chromosomes, consisting of 9 to 11 genes arranged in tandem. This gene is one of several homeobox HOXD genes located in a cluster on chromosome 2. Deletions that remove the entire HOXD gene cluster or the 5' end of this cluster have been associated with severe limb and genital abnormalities. In addition to effects during embryogenesis, this particular gene may also play a role in adult urogenital tract function. ...
Just a heads up. When making tennis player tables, as our tennis guidelines now stand, outcome should be "result", the tables ... You may be interested in participating in the African Destubathon which starts on October 15. Africa currently has over 37,000 ... Voges is not the only batsman to have a Bradmanesque start to their career. I'd suggest reading about Jimmy Adams, who averaged ... the script skip every pages when I start it. Do you have an idea of the problem ? Do there is a way to use simultaneously these ...
Starting from 2008 the union density slightly decrease in Latvia and Lithuania. In case of Estonia this indicator is lower than ... Labour unions typically fund the formal organization, head office, and legal team functions of the labour union through regular ... Beginning in the mid-19th century, they today have a large impact on the nature of employment and workers' rights in many of ... Despite this, unions were formed and began to acquire political power, eventually resulting in a body of labour law that not ...
Cage Rage Championships
Cage Rage started when Alex Jones and Tom Bell set out to raise money by promoting a small mixed martial arts show, to provide ... Kicking the head of a grounded opponent, unless an open guard has been called (as of 10 September 2005). ... Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent, unless an open guard has been called (as of 10 September 2005). ... Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck. (see piledriver (professional wrestling)) ...
As time passes between meals, the body starts to take nutrients from long-term reservoirs. When the glucose levels of cells ... There are short-term signals of satiety that arise from the head, the stomach, the intestines, and the liver. The long-term ... Between 8 and 12 months of age, the digestive system improves, and many babies begin eating finger foods. Their diet is still ... For example, the internal temperatures of hibernating arctic ground squirrels can drop to −2.9 °C (26.8 °F), however the head ...
In other words, the mass of any one element at the beginning of a reaction will equal the mass of that element at the end of ... "Turning up the head: Temperature influences the relative importance of top-down and bottom-up effects" (PDF). Ecology. 91 (10 ... with omnivores that feed on more than one trophic level and cause energy to flow through a number of food pathways starting ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
The Department Head is assisted by two federal police officers and two federal guards, with contract security guards utilized ... After indoc, the candidates earn the title of "plebe candidates". The academic year begins in late July, and on Acceptance Day ... Admitted appointees enter as "candidates" in early July, and begin a two-and-a-half-week indoctrination period, or "indoc", run ... "USMMA Athletics Accepts Invitation To Join The Skyline Conference Beginning In 2016-17". usmmasports.com. May 22, 2015. ...
The official start to its development started in December 1986 when Merck's president, Edward Scolnick, announced that they ... Seeing that the research on their drug was heading in the direction of eventually getting it on the market, Merck made decided ... They started to test L-735,524 on animals a couple months later and found that it was safe for animals. Consequently, the ... They started a laboratory dedicated to AIDS research in West Point, Pennsylvania and placed Emilio Emini in charge of the ...
Use of alternative medicine in the west began to rise following the counterculture movement of the 1960s, as part of the rising ... since they are all classified under the one heading of alternative medicine. ... to begin with. It is possible for a method to change categories (proven vs. unproven), based on increased knowledge of its ... beginning in the 1970s, to the collection of individual histories of members of that group, or to the history of western ...
The fight is ended by the loser, who either lays his head and neck flat on the ground, or turns tail and is chased out of the ... Confrontations between males begin with the animals walking slowly and stiffly towards each other, before turning to walk in ... Neither the head nor the tail poles are well differentiated as in gregarious deer; consequently, this deer's coat is little ... Each would try to wound the other on the head, shoulders, or back, by stabbing or tearing with his upper canines. ...
Quantitative trait locus
Mendelian inheritance was rediscovered at the beginning of the 20th century. As Mendel's ideas spread, geneticists began to ... Family-based mapping of quantitative trait loci in plant breeding populations with resistance to Fusarium head blight in wheat ... For a sufficiently high values of n, this binomial distribution will begin to resemble a normal distribution. From this ... Proceedings of National Fusarium Head Blight Forum.. ...
Highway 1 (Australia)
In Tasmania it starts at the Brooker Highway in Hobart and heads towards Launceston via the Midland Highway. At Launceston it ... It then heads to Darwin via Brand Highway, North West Coastal Highway, Great Northern Highway, Victoria Highway, and Stuart ... From Sydney, it heads southwards to Melbourne via the Eastern Distributor, Southern Cross Drive, General Holmes Drive, The ... Volume 1, Melbourne to Tweed Heads. Salisbury, Queensland: Boolarong Press. p. 9. ISBN 9780987218902.. ...
In this style of braid start on top of the head and braid it till the end of the hair. Braiding in this manner can be done with ... In contrast, a French braid starts with three small sections of hair near the crown of the head, which are then braided ... The three-strand gathered plait includes three sections of hair that are braided together from the crown of the head to the ... The Spanish braid is a French braid but in the beginning instead of grabbing three sections of hair, like a fishtail braid, ...
In 2015, Strongbow began its "Cider at its Bestest" campaign in the US, featuring Patrick Stewart. ... This uses a specially designed pump that creates a "head" of ice made from cider on the top of the pint. Trials were ... In 2007, the company began trials of Strongbow On Ice, a competitor to other ciders that are served over ice. ...
In June 1970, Sâr left Vietnam and reached his K-5 base. In July he headed south; it was at this point that he began ... Pol Pot started the "Maha Lout Ploh" in Cambodia, copying the "Great Leap Forward" of China. ... Initially, KNUFNS was headed by Heng Samrin. Fearing this Vietnamese threat, Pol Pot wrote an anti-Vietnamese tract titled ... In summer 1935, Sâr went to live with his brother Suong and the latter's wife and child. That year he began an education at ...
He started numerous educational institutions. The National College at Lahore started by him became the centre for revolutionary ... After M. S. Golwalkar became head of RSS in 1940. RSS didn't take part in many anti-British activities, as Golwalkar did not ... It was started as a cultural society in 1902, by Aurobindo and the followers of Bankim Chandra to propagate the teachings of ... The organisations started and supported by the RSS volunteers came to be known collectively as the Sangh Parivar. Next few ...
Moult begins in June or July and ends in September or October. The primary flight feathers are replaced over a period of three ... The wingspan is 52-62 cm (20-24 in). The head, neck and breast are glossy black with a metallic green and violet sheen; the ... Their body feathers start to appear after around 8 days and the primary wing feathers after 10 days. For several days ... Juvenile birds undergo a partial moult beginning about one month later than the adult birds in which their body feathers are ...
Sneaky Pete Kleinow
He commanded enormous[clarification needed] fees playing dances there, and began to make more creative use of electric guitars ... "Hang Your Head in Shame" 3 "Stars and Stripes on Iwo Jima" 1 OKeh 6742 ... Since there was already a "Jim" on the show, the manager began calling him "Bob". However, it was as "Jim Rob Wills", ... After leaving the Army in 1943, Wills moved to Hollywood, moving into a rented house in September, and began to reorganize ...
Reflex - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Other items beginning with "s" as well as foods are also often used for Haft Sin. A live goldfish and decorated eggs are ... Women wear colored dresses and spangled head scarves and young men wave flags of green, yellow and red, the historic colors of ... The setting includes seven items starting with the letter S or seen (س) in the Perso-Arabic alphabet. The items include:. * ... People start preparing for Nowruz with a major spring-cleaning of their house and the purchase of new clothes to wear for the ...
Head Start (program) - Wikipedia
... the federal government has funded large-scale evaluations of Head Start and Early Head Start. Results from the Early Head Start ... Head Start Impact study. A 2010 report by the Department of Health and Human Services, Head Start Impact, examined the ... Head Start "fade". "Head Start Fade", in which significant initial impacts quickly fade, has often been observed, as ... Head Start students were split into two cohorts - 3-year-olds with two years of Head Start and 4-year-olds with one year of ...
Head Start (program) - Wikipedia
... the federal government has funded large-scale evaluations of Head Start and Early Head Start. Results from the Early Head Start ... The current director of Head Start is Blanca Enriquez, who was appointed in 2015. Head Start began as part of President Lyndon ... Head Start students were split into two cohorts - 3-year-olds with two years of Head Start and 4-year-olds with one year of ... The Head Start Policy Council makes up part of the Head Start governing body. Policy Council must be composed of two types of ...
LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Salaries | Glassdoor
Explore LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Salaries. See LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Hourly Pay.. LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Salaries by ... LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Salaries. Job Title. LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Salary. ... LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Salaries. Job Title. LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START Salary. ... How much do LITTLE ANGELS HEAD START employees make? Glassdoor has salaries, wages, tips, bonuses, and hourly pay based upon ...
National Head Start Association
The Head Start Model The premise of Head Start is simple: every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to ... National Head Start Association. National Head Start Association · 1651 Prince St, Alexandria, VA 22314 Telephone: 703-739-0875 ... New to Head Start?. Head Start has improved the lives of more than 37 million children and their families. ... led by NORC at the University of Chicago with guidance from the National Head Start Association and Region V Head Start ...
National Head Start Association
The Head Start Model The premise of Head Start is simple: every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to ... National Head Start Association. National Head Start Association · 1651 Prince St, Alexandria, VA 22314 Telephone: 703-739-0875 ... New to Head Start?. Head Start has improved the lives of more than 37 million children and their families. ... Research Projects As the voice for the Head Start field, NHSA maintains a large database of leaders and staff at Head Start ...
Head Start preschoolers sent home thanks to shutdown | MSNBC
Thanks to the government shutdown which began Tuesday morning, Cheaha R ... Granted, Head Starts budget woes didnt begin with the shutdown. When across-the-board sequestration cuts went into effect in ... Thanks to the government shutdown which began Tuesday morning, Cheaha Regional Head Start (CRHS) has had to close all 16 of its ... Head Start preschoolers sent home thanks to shutdown. 10/01/13 03:00 PM. Updated 10/03/13 04:55 AM. ...
Policy & Regulations | Office of Head Start | ACF
The Head Start Program Performance Standards are the foundation of Head Starts mission to deliver comprehensive, high-quality ... They apply to both Head Start and Early Head Start programs. They serve as the foundation for Head Starts mission to deliver ... targeted communication tool from the Office of Head Start which provides policy information to Head Start and Early Head Start ... Head Start Act. On Dec. 12, 2007, President Bush signed Public Law 110-134 Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act of ...
Japan Begins Effort to Head Off Hydrogen Blast - WSJ
began injecting nitrogen into one of the damaged reactors at the quake-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power complex in a bid to ... Japan to Head Off Hydrogen Blast Nuclear-Plant Operators Begin Injecting Nitrogen Into Reactor, as U.S. Assessment Flags Range ... 1. The effort was a bid to head off the potential that hydrogen gas in the reactor could mix with oxygen and explode, damaging ... Early Thursday morning, workers at the quake-damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power complex began injecting nitrogen into the ...
Smart diet starts in head, not stomach
... BrevardCounty Published 12:00 a.m. ET Jan. 30, 2014 , Updated 12:07 a.m. ET Jan. 30, ... Smart diet starts in head, not stomach. Remember - food is fuel. It is not a cure for the blues, a balm for your wounded soul, ... Smart diet starts in head, not stomach Remember - food is fuel. It is not a cure for the blues, a balm for your wounded soul, a ... That should start to come naturally when we start a healthy diet. We feel so good when eating the right foods that we dont ...
Federal Register :: A Head Start on Science Demonstration Project; Grant Availability
Edward F. Zigler, an Architect of Head Start, Dies at 88 - The New York Times
The Yale psychologist helped design the preschool program in the 1960s and was the first permanent head of the Office of Child ... Zigler helped validate, attributed to Head Start and Early Head Start advances in educational achievement, improvements in ... But he was probably best known as one of the architects of Head Start, which began as a summer program under President Lyndon B ... Zigler, Head Start was not just another ivory-tower theory to be tested on the nations most vulnerable children. He had seen ...
Head Start Impact Study (HSIS), 2002-2006 [United States]
The Head Start Impact Study addresses these questions by reporting on the impacts of Head Start on children and families during ... Patrick Balke . Head Start and parental mental health: Differentiated impacts of Head Start by cohort and comparison group. ... Study Purpose: The primary purpose of the Head Start Impact Study is to determine whether Head Start has impacts on ... Sample: The Head Start Impact Study is based on a nationally representative sample of both Head Start programs and children. ...
Turt Reynolds? Blanding's turtle hatchlings get a good head start in Lake County
The district in 2010 initiated conservation strategy known as "head starting" in which hatchling turtles are raised to a larger ... According to the district, expanding the head-starting program to establish new populations at other locations is a natural ... Turt Reynolds? Blandings turtle hatchlings get a good head start in Lake County ... showed it has been effective in that the Blandings population has a wide-range of juvenile animals and that head-started ...
How Do You Eat a Triceratops? Start By Ripping the Head Off - Slashdot
This makes no sense, why would you start with the head, its an animal thats in your diet you would know that the head and ... How Do You Eat a Triceratops? Start By Ripping the Head Off 113 Posted by timothy on Thursday October 25, 2012 @03:13PM. from ... When a lion kills a gazelle or zebra it doesnt start eating the head, it goes for the tender gut where there are fewer bones ... How Do You Eat a Triceratops? Start By Ripping the Head Off. Archived Discussion. Load All Comments ...
Head Start Awareness Month | Holiday Smart
Since then, this month has been a time for our community to celebrate the impact of Head Start, an education for our youngest ... October was first designated as Head Start Awareness Month by President Ronald Reagan on October 22, 1982. ... October is Head Start Awareness Month! October was first designated as Head Start Awareness Month by President Ronald Reagan on ... Since then, this month has been a time for our community to celebrate the impact of Head Start, an education for our youngest ...
What's the Research Behind Head Start's New Rules? | American Institutes for Research
The newly Revised Head Start Rules were approved and released last September. They include four major changes: increased ... Its been 40 years since performance standards were substantially revised for Head Start. ... Head Start programs must now give priority to 3-year olds in the increasing number of communities that offer full-day public ... An AIR study on coaching in Head Start programs was one of several cited in the regulations to support the growing use of ...
Orem mayor celebrates Head Start's 52nd anniversary with Kids On The Move
... to celebrate the 52nd anniversary of the National Head Start Association. "It was a special treat to have him come and read to ... The National Head Start Association supports the growth of families across the nation. KOTM says since its start in 1965, more ... KOTMs Early Head Start Program serves low-income families and expectant mothers that are in need of parenting support. It ... Orem mayor celebrates Head Starts 52nd anniversary with Kids On The Move Local News ...
Head Start CARES Project | MDRC
Head Start, which serves nearly 1 million low-income children, is the nations largest federally sponsored early childhood ... Head Start CARES Project Project. Overview. Project Overview. Head Start, which serves nearly 1 million low-income children, is ... of Head Start centers and classrooms has provided information for federal policymakers and Head Start programs to increase Head ... Consequently, Head Start programs and other preschools in low-income communities report a pressing need for effective tools to ...
Google Answers: Scalp Sores that start out like pimples on your head are symptoms of what ?
Subject: Re: Scalp Sores that start out like pimples on your head are symptoms of what From: md30-ga on 03 Nov 2004 22:23 PST. ... Subject: Re: Scalp Sores that start out like pimples on your head are symptoms of what ? From: pinkfreud-ga on 26 Apr 2003 15: ... Subject: Re: Scalp Sores that start out like pimples on your head are symptoms of what ? From: ducky_doug-ga on 25 Nov 2004 16: ... Subject: Re: Scalp Sores that start out like pimples on your head are symptoms of what ? From: mj68-ga on 18 Jul 2004 15:41 PDT ...
Preventing Chronic Disease | The Physical and Mental Health of Head Start Staff: The Pennsylvania Head Start Staff Wellness...
Despite attention to the health of low-income children in Head Start, little is known about the health of adults working for ... The Pennsylvania Head Start Association, a nonprofit advocacy organization for the states Head Start and Early Head Start ... We thank all the Head Start and Early Head Start staff who completed the survey; the Pennsylvania Head Start Association for ... From the Office of Head Starts 2011 Program Information Report, which contains data on Head Start and Early Head Start staff ...
ERIC - MAKING WAVES, DENVER HEAD START., 1968-Mar-7
A DESCRIPTION IS PROVIDED OF THE NUTRITION PROGRAM WHICH IS OPERATED IN THE 41 DENVER HEAD START CENTERS. THE RECRUITMENT OF ... THIS DOCUMENT PROVIDES A DESCRIPTIVE SURVEY OF PROJECT HEAD START ACTIVITIES IN DENVER, COLORADO. THE PRIMARY EDUCATIONAL ... A DESCRIPTION IS PROVIDED OF THE NUTRITION PROGRAM WHICH IS OPERATED IN THE 41 DENVER HEAD START CENTERS. THE RECRUITMENT OF ... THE FINAL SECTION OF THIS DOCUMENT IS CONCERNED WITH THE FUTURE OF HEAD START IN DENVER. THREE APPENDIXES CONTAIN ELIGIBILITY ...
Reading to children: a head-start in life | VOX, CEPR Policy Portal
Parent Courses - Head Start - ESC Region 20
Head-start amphibians for release - Conservation Evidence
Monitoring began in summer 2012.. Study and other actions tested. Referenced paper. Hill R. (2012) Gopher frog head-starting ... had similar survival to those head-started. There was no significant difference in survival from release to dispersal of head- ... Over 300 head-started toadlets were released. However, frog activity at the release site decreased over the years and there was ... Head-starting is a management technique that raises early stage amphibians (eggs, larvae, juveniles) to later life stages (sub- ...
Step father's trial in teen's shooting death begins | Hilton Head Island Packet
Step fathers trial in teens shooting death begins , Hilton Head Island Packet ... Bueller? Bueller? Famed red Day Off Ferrari coming to Hilton Head. How to see it October 19, 2019 11:12 AM ... Start a Subscription Customer Service eEdition Vacation Hold Pay Your Bill Rewards ... Step fathers trial in teens shooting death begins By PATRICK DONOHUE. [email protected] 843-706-8152 ...
Black Leaders Assail County Decision To Take Over Head Start Program - tribunedigital-sunsentinel
The county began administering the Head Start program in August following a study critical of the program. ... Head Start services provide day care, educational programs and dental and medical treatment for 517 children from low-income ... The session was organized to oppose the county`s order that Head Start be taken away from the predominantly black Community ... About 75 community leaders and recipients of Head Start services attended a rally to support the program, held at the Urban ...
Nichols, Deborah (ABC Head Start Jefferson. / Our Class
ABC Head Start, Clifford Avenue Center, 1772 Clifford Ave, 14609 (3- and 4-year-olds) ... ABC Head Start, Hart Street Center, 30 Hart St, 14605 (3- and 4-year-olds) ... ABC Head Start, Jefferson Avenue Center, 640 Jefferson Ave, 14607 (3- and 4-year-olds) ... ABC Head Start, North Street Center, 700 North St, 14605 (3- and 4-year-olds) ...
Norwalk Reflector: Getting better starts in your head
Getting better starts in your head. By JAKE FURR Reflector Sports Editor [email protected] • Jun 25, 2017 at 4:30 ... The moment you start going with a club the other person uses is the moment you start losing your mental game. The whole time ... That is when you start shanking shots or hitting the ball off target. If you start thinking of something other than the shot at ... Learn anything that will help you take a stroke off your score the next time you head out. You can find a spot on the fifth ...
Dominican Republic Animal Numbers, Cattle Beef Cows Beginning Stocks by Year (1000 HEAD)
Get A Head-Start : Scottish FA South East Pre-Season Training Techniques Workshop (1)
Start'sFederally fundedCentersChild'sPreschool1965LICEProgram'sProgramsGranteesFamiliesBlows to the headPreschoolersNational Head Start AssociationServicesChildren's school readinessConcussionProvideInjuries1975Search2018TimeCircumstancesInvolvementCommunity1985AdvocacyReynoldsPovertyAssociationChildEducationStudyStaffShouldersMakeYearsSequestrationCongressYoungParentsVariationSurvivalWorkHeadache
- Research For fifty years, research and evaluation have documented Head Start's impact on school readiness, academic achievement, health, family stability, and long-term success. (nhsa.org)
- Granted, Head Start's budget woes didn't begin with the shutdown. (msnbc.com)
- Since its beginning in 1965 as a part of the War on Poverty, Head Start's goal has been to boost the school readiness of low income children. (umich.edu)
- What's the Research Behind Head Start's New Rules? (air.org)
- These children represent a substantial share of Head Start's target population. (air.org)
- Head Start's new rules align with the leading current research on child development and early education. (air.org)
- These staff are the key to achieving Head Start's overarching goal of promoting school readiness by addressing children's cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development and health. (cdc.gov)
- Head Start's overarching goal is to provide educational services to low-income families. (huffpost.com)
- Vermont Head Start's tooth tutor program provides young kids with proper dental hygiene. (huffpost.com)
- Head Start's educational program is designed to meet each child's individual needs. (hsolc.org)
- Early Head Start is a federally funded community-based program for low-income families with pregnant women, infants, and toddlers up to age 3. (wikipedia.org)
- A teacher comforts a child during lunch at the federally-funded Head Start school on September 20, 2012 in Woodbourne, New York. (msnbc.com)
- Head Start is the largest federally funded early childhood education program in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- In all, 14 children in Pratt, a town with a population just under 7,000, were dropped from Head Start, the federally funded education program for lower-income families. (huffpost.com)
- The objective of this study was to determine the oral health status of preschool children attending Head Start Centers in Maryland. (nih.gov)
- Clinical caries examinations were conducted on 482 children between ages 3-5 from 37 Maryland Head Start Centers in 2000. (nih.gov)
- Head Start centers in nearby Kingman and Stafford counties had been closed as well, so word was bound to get out. (huffpost.com)
- Head Start services are designed to be responsive to each child's and family's ethnic, cultural, and linguistic heritage. (umich.edu)
- Begin using fluoridated toothpaste when your child turns 2 years old, using only a dab (about the size of your child's pinky fingernail). (colgate.com)
- Begin using toothpaste to brush your child's teeth when he (or she) is 2 years old. (colgate.com)
- Not everyone has experienced the loss of a child's Head Start slot or a teary living room conversation. (huffpost.com)
- Larissa Jimenez says it's never too early to start on a child's education so she just pre-registered her daughter, Zenaida, for the Early Head Start program at the Matrix Vistas Nuevas center. (thedetroithub.com)
- Direct involvement of parents in Head Start planning and policy-making has given families an active role in their child's education in how those services are provided. (hsolc.org)
- Head Start programs like Jones' provide an alternative to private preschool for children from low-income families. (msnbc.com)
- Edward F. Zigler, a psychologist who in the mid-1960s helped design Head Start, the vanguard federal government program for preschool children, died on Feb. 7 at his home in North Haven. (nytimes.com)
- The Head Start Impact Study addresses these questions by reporting on the impacts of Head Start on children and families during the children's preschool, kindergarten, and first grade years. (umich.edu)
- Oral health status of preschool children attending Head Start in Maryland, 2000. (nih.gov)
- AIR research shows that these increases in Head Start duration and exposure are consistent with state and local preschool practices across the U.S. For example, Susan Muenchow and Emily Weinberg found that local and state preschool programs they studied are open 175-190 days per year. (air.org)
- Head Start programs must now give priority to 3-year olds in the increasing number of communities that offer full-day public preschool for 4-year-olds. (air.org)
- Although rigorous research is limited, well-designed observational studies suggest that two years of preschool starting at age 3 lead to better developmental outcomes than one year, especially for disadvantaged children. (air.org)
- Designed to narrow the gap between disadvantaged children and their more affluent peers, Head Start provides comprehensive programming during the preschool period to improve children's social competence and academic readiness for school. (mdrc.org)
- Empirical studies have documented prevalence rates of emotional and behavior problems among preschool children as high as 20 to 40 percent, such that four to seven children in any given Head Start classroom may require additional assistance in managing their emotions and behavior. (mdrc.org)
- Consequently, Head Start programs and other preschools in low-income communities report a pressing need for effective tools to build children's social-emotional skills in preschool settings. (mdrc.org)
- This two-page issue focus summarizes the main findings from Head Start CARES , a test of three distinct classroom-based approaches to enhancing children's social-emotional development: Incredible Years Teacher Training Program, Preschool PATHS (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies), and Tools of the Mind-Play. (mdrc.org)
- The Head Start Impact Study (HSIS) has demonstrated that children who participate in Head Start experience improved preschool quality on average and improved school readiness compared with similar children who do not have access to Head Start. (hhs.gov)
- Studies have indicated that Head Start children score higher than comparable non-Head Start children in preschool achievements tests that measure these abilities. (hsolc.org)
- Since 1965, more than 35 million children have been enrolled in Head Start, which each year provides early education and medical services to about a million children under 5 years old at a cost of about $10 billion. (nytimes.com)
- KOTM says since its start in 1965, more than 32 million children have benefited from its services. (abc4.com)
- In 1965 the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) provided technical assistance to the 300 poorest counties to develop Head Start proposals. (psu.edu)
- How does a head lice infestation start? (reference.com)
- What are the symptoms of head lice? (reference.com)
- Typical symptoms of head lice include an itchy scalp, swollen lymph nodes and pink eye, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. (reference.com)
- Those with head lice may see crawling bugs on their skin, hair or clothing and find lice eggs, called nits, in their hair. (reference.com)
- According to the American Academy of Dermatology, a person with head lice may experience a red or irritated scalp due to scratching, or feel a crawling sensation on the scalp and neck. (reference.com)
- Head lice can be diagnosed by locating lice or nits in the hair. (reference.com)
- The adult lice are light brown, seed-sized animals, while the nits are yellow or tan in color and about the size of a pin head. (reference.com)
- Black lice are more typically known as head lice, which is a type of tiny parasite that prefers to stay on the scalp of humans for warmth. (reference.com)
- What do you do about head lice? (reference.com)
- Apply a medicated shampoo, lotion or cream specially formulated to eradicate head lice to the head as soon as possible after it is confirmed a person has l. (reference.com)
- How do you treat head lice with Listerine? (reference.com)
- To treat head lice with Listerine, soak the person's head with the mouthwash, and soak it again with white vinegar. (reference.com)
- Lice are tiny insects that cause infestations when they make their way onto the scalp via combs, brushes, hats or any other object that touches the head of. (reference.com)
- Thanks to the government shutdown which began Tuesday morning, Cheaha Regional Head Start (CRHS) has had to close all 16 of its locations, furlough its 240 employees without pay, and tell parents to keep all of the program's students at home. (msnbc.com)
- This report uses data from the Head Start Impact Study (HSIS) to examine variations based on Head Start center quality in the program's impact on children's development. (hhs.gov)
- This paper exploits a new source of variation in Head Start funding to identify the program's effects on health and schooling. (psu.edu)
- Head Start is one of the longest-running programs attempting to address the effects of systemic poverty in the United States by intervening to aid children. (wikipedia.org)
- Early Head Start offer three different options and programs may offer one or more to families. (wikipedia.org)
- 5. Administration/Management: The administration and management used with the Early Head Start programs will follow the practices which uphold the nine principles and four cornerstones set forth in the Early Head Start initiative. (wikipedia.org)
- 7. Children with Disabilities: Early Head Start programs will be responsible for coordinating with different programs and services in their areas in accordance with Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. (wikipedia.org)
- The Two Generations Together Initiative is focused on increasing awareness of two-generation adult education and job training models that are part of the comprehensive child and family services delivered by Head Start programs across the country. (nhsa.org)
- Securing 2Gen Funding Streams The second episode in the National Head Start Association's Two Generations Together Webinar Series, this webinar will explore public and private strategies Head Start grantees have pursued as they designed programs to support their families' needs for education, job training, and living wage employment. (nhsa.org)
- Partnering with Employers and Colleges The third episode in the National Head Start Association's Two Generations Together Webinar Series, this webinar explored ways that Head Start grantees have pursued partnerships with employers and colleges as they designed programs to support their families' needs for education, job training, and living wage employment. (nhsa.org)
- Including CRHS, 23 programs in 11 states ran out of federal grant money on Sept. 30 , according to the National Head Start Association. (msnbc.com)
- Some Head Start programs have alternative sources of revenue or money left over, while others are run by larger organizations with rainy day cash to spare. (msnbc.com)
- The longer the shutdown drags on, the more Head Start programs could be forced to close their doors-and if it wears on for over a month, yet more programs will see their federal grants expire on Oct. 30. (msnbc.com)
- Even where cash-strapped Head Start programs have managed to avoid dropping students, they have often been forced to cut corners in other ways. (msnbc.com)
- They apply to both Head Start and Early Head Start programs. (hhs.gov)
- Head Start, a division of Community Service Programs of West Alabama Inc., is recruiting low- income and special needs children from 6-week-olds to 2-year-olds for Early Head Start and 3- and 4-year-olds for Head Start. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- Community Service Programs-Martin Luther King Jr. Head Start 205-469-0060. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- For programs that currently provide the minimum number of hours, this represents an increase of 140 percent in expected exposure to Head Start education services for the children they serve. (air.org)
- This creates opportunities for Head Start programs to serve more 3-year olds with high-quality early care and education. (air.org)
- Young children and their parents who are homeless-or children removed from their primary caregivers-often experience toxic stress , which may interfere with their development and their ability to fully benefit from programs like Head Start, as evidenced in a 2014 study by Mary Dozier at the University of Delaware. (air.org)
- The new rules encourage Head Start programs to replace intermittent teacher workshops and conferences with regular on-site teacher coaching to support individualized professional development and quality instruction. (air.org)
- An AIR study on coaching in Head Start programs was one of several cited in the regulations to support the growing use of coaching for teachers' professional development. (air.org)
- Without such knowledge, programs like Head Start will have difficulty improving children's school readiness. (mdrc.org)
- The objective of our study was to compare the physical and mental health of women working in Pennsylvania Head Start programs with the health of US women who have similar sociodemographic characteristics. (cdc.gov)
- We used data from a web-based survey in 2012 in which 2,199 of 3,375 (65.2%) staff in 66 Pennsylvania Head Start programs participated. (cdc.gov)
- Women working with children in Head Start programs have poorer physical and mental health than do US women who have similar sociodemographic characteristics. (cdc.gov)
- The Pennsylvania Head Start Staff Wellness Survey, conducted during 4 months in spring 2012, was a web-based survey of all staff working in the state's Head Start and Early Head Start programs. (cdc.gov)
- These courses were developed using federal Head Start funds for members of the Bexar County and Tri-County Head Start programs, however, the information contained in the courses is useful for any parent or guardian. (esc20.net)
- Head Start services provide day care, educational programs and dental and medical treatment for 517 children from low-income families. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Head Start offers half-day, full-day, and home-based programs. (thedetroithub.com)
- Head Start programs promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social and other services to enrolled children and families. (hsolc.org)
- The outreach and training efforts of Head start programs have helped provide low-income parents with the knowledge and service they need to build a better life for their children. (hsolc.org)
- A study of 58 communities with full-year Head Start programs showed that the programs had influenced local educational and health institutions to become more responsive to the needs of low-income families. (hsolc.org)
- This paper traces the evolution of Head Start Workforce policies over 50 years and detail how shifts in the broader early childhood landscape, especially state-funded pre-k programs, have influenced these policies. (readingrockets.org)
- Because young turtles have high mortality rates, many programs use head-starting to alleviate size-specific mortality. (illinois.edu)
- In addition to providing or linking families with needed services-medical, mental health, nutrition, and education-Early Head Start can provide a place for children to experience consistent, nurturing relationships and stable, ongoing routines. (wikipedia.org)
- 3. Community Building: In order to create a complete network of services and support for pregnant women and families with infants and toddlers, Early Head Start must assess a community and its services. (wikipedia.org)
- Head Start has improved the lives of more than 30 million children and their families. (nhsa.org)
- The National Head Start Association supports the growth of families across the nation. (abc4.com)
- Including Early Head Start, which serves children younger than 36 months of age, Head Start reaches nearly 1 million low-income children and their families and employs a staff of more than 200,000, most of whom are women. (cdc.gov)
- Home-Start UK is the national charity at the centre of the Home-Start federated network of local charities providing home and community based support for families and children. (thirdsector.co.uk)
- Home-Start UK is now seeking a Head of Policy and Development to share local expertise and drive regional and national change for families experiencing or at risk of experiencing a mental health condition. (thirdsector.co.uk)
- Stovall and Jimenez are just two of more than 3,000 Detroit families who are involved in Head Start. (thedetroithub.com)
- Now in its 50th year, Head Start has funding from the federal government and is free for low-income families who qualify. (thedetroithub.com)
- Families do have to become part of the Head Start community and volunteer to do such things as help with classroom activities, assist with serving meals, organize special events and help make decisions about Head Start through Policy Councils and Policy Committees. (thedetroithub.com)
- Head Start has had a special impact on community efforts for low-income families. (hsolc.org)
- The Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) in the Administration for Children and Families, US Department of Health and Human Services, recently published two discretionary research funding announcements titled "Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants" and "Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Child Care Research Scholars," which are summarized below. (psychologicalscience.org)
Blows to the head2
- The scientists examined the brains of four deceased teenage athletes and found signs that CTE - chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a disabling condition blamed on blows to the head - had been set in motion days to weeks after a head injury. (bostonglobe.com)
- It's possible, she says, that blows to the head had caused Alzheimer's among people who then were excluded from the study, which would lead to an underestimate of the real effects of impact. (whyfiles.org)
National Head Start Association1
- In 1969, Head Start was transferred to the Office of Child Development in the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare (later the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)) by the Nixon Administration . (wikipedia.org)
- Parents can visit their local Early Head Start/Head Start Center, print an application from www.cspwal.com or request that an application for Head Start services be mailed. (tuscaloosanews.com)
- What Head Start services are most related to impact? (umich.edu)
- But Sansbury said he thought the county could better administer Head Start under the Community Services Department. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - CHICAGO - Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago (ESMC) was awarded a Head Start and Early Head Start five year contract, totaling $58,318,620 or $11.6 million annually from the Department of Health & Human Services, Administration. (chicagotribune.com)
Children's school readiness1
- Rapid acceleration of the head, whether in sports, accidents or war, can cause concussion, a swelling of the brain that brings on headache, confusion and "blacking out. (whyfiles.org)
- A lot of times, when we talk about head trauma, concussion, we think of elite athletes in football and hockey. (whyfiles.org)
- Advocacy 101 Toolkit NHSA's Advocacy 101 Toolkit will provide you with the basic tools and skills necessary to advocate on behalf of Head Start in the media, with elected officials and in your own community. (nhsa.org)
- You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Home-Start UK during the recruitment process. (thirdsector.co.uk)
- visual speech can provide a head start on perception when mouth movements begin before auditory vocalization. (elifesciences.org)
- Although there is a range in the relative onset of auditory and visual speech, most audiovisual words provide a visual head start. (elifesciences.org)
- We term words that do not provide a visual head start as 'voice-leading:' auditory information from the talker's voice is available before visual information provided by the talker's mouth. (elifesciences.org)
- Since then, this month has been a time for our community to celebrate the impact of Head Start, an education for our youngest members of society. (holidaysmart.com)
- This large, descriptive study found improvement over time in the quality of Head Start teachers' instructional and behavioral management practices. (air.org)
- My doctors noticed that every time Oak Pollen would start falling that I would get these sores so i try to avoid Oak, but unfortunately I haven't been able to avoid oak lately and they have come back. (google.com)
- Learn anything that will help you take a stroke off your score the next time you head out. (norwalkreflector.com)
- After Head started for the first time in the 89-70 loss at Ohio State on Tuesday, Richardson's reaction will play a key role in coach Bruce Weber's starting lineup and player rotation when the Illini (17-11 overall, 7-8 in the Big Ten) host Iowa (10-17, 3-12) in a Big Ten game Saturday (6 p.m. (pjstar.com)
- At Ohio State on Tuesday, Richardson didn't start for the first time this season, and he logged a season-low 14 minutes. (pjstar.com)
- This is an exciting time to be joining Home-Start and the Head of Policy and Development's role will be vital to the success of this new initiative. (thirdsector.co.uk)
- But last Sunday she decided it was time to tackle her hair loss head-on and, cheered on by friends and family, she shaved her head. (thefreelibrary.com)
- If you're interested or know someone who might be now is the time to set up an interview, attend an open house or tour a center to talk to current Early Head Start and Head Start parents and caregivers and meet with agency leads and center staff. (thedetroithub.com)
- Virtually the same percentage of both groups reported having lost consciousness at some time in their life due to head impact. (whyfiles.org)
- Tossing his head straight back at me any time i touched the reins and even when i didnt, a few times i felt him hit the brim of my hat and i got slobber all over my glasses. (blogspot.com)
- Head-started AST of varying mass and origin have different initial health profiles and while individual hematology changes through time these changes are independent of mass and origin. (illinois.edu)
- The premise of Head Start is simple: every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to reach their full potential. (nhsa.org)
- Under what circumstances does Head Start achieve the greatest impact? (umich.edu)
- However, Head Start staff have relatively low wages and social standing and often work under stressful circumstances. (cdc.gov)
- Become part of the national Head Start community. (nhsa.org)
- The session was organized to oppose the county`s order that Head Start be taken away from the predominantly black Community Action Council. (sun-sentinel.com)
- He is always looking at ways of working with all members of the Headstart Community to further enhance the opportunities for participation in physical activities for everyone. (headstartphuket.com)
- WASHINGTON -- Rhonda Reynolds was paying bills in downtown Pratt, Kan., on a hot and sunny mid-June afternoon when the second call came from her daughter's Head Start teachers. (huffpost.com)
- When she was told that Bella had been dropped from the Head Start rolls, Reynolds had few options. (huffpost.com)
- However, the fact that we did not find a relationship in those without memory and thinking problems suggests that any association between head trauma and amyloid is complex. (whyfiles.org)
- Mary C. Pugh, who is the executive director of the Montgomery Child Advocate Project, was installed Friday as the new head of the bar association. (law.com)
- And research in child development, a discipline that Dr. Zigler helped validate, attributed to Head Start and Early Head Start advances in educational achievement, improvements in physical and mental health and a reduction in delinquency. (nytimes.com)
- So when it comes to healthy teeth, mouth and gums, it's essential to start young, especially since you will be developing healthy habits that your child can continue with later on in life. (colgate.com)
- When a child is about 6 years old, his/her teeth will begin to come loose. (colgate.com)
- Discusses plans and coordinates concerns regarding the child and family with other Head Start staff. (simplyhired.com)
- The purpose of these grants is to support dissertation research addressing issues of significance related to Head Start, Early Head Start, and Child Care Development Fund, that will inform policy decisions and solutions. (psychologicalscience.org)
- Funds for Head Start and Child Care Graduate Student Research Grants are available to accredited public, state-controlled, and private institutions of higher education acting on behalf of a doctoral-level graduate student. (psychologicalscience.org)
- Proposed projects must address applied research questions that will inform and improve Head Start, Early Head Start, and/or child care policies and practice on topics of current interest. (psychologicalscience.org)
- Scottish FA Borders Development Officer and Coach Education Tutor, Dougie Anderson has been working with Scottish FA Head of Coach Education, Donald Park and National Teams Sport Scientist, Brian Ewing to develop a programme that is designed to get players and teams in peak condition for the start of the new season. (scottishfa.co.uk)
- The objective of this study was to determine the prevalence of physical and mental health conditions, poor health-related quality of life, and health care access in a defined population of Head Start and Early Head Start staff. (cdc.gov)
- One replicated study in Canada found that young head-started leopard frogs were smaller than those in the wild. (conservationevidence.com)
- Moves to have the Borders Railway extended south into England are building up a head of steam now that the Scottish Government has announced a study of transport links in the region. (hawick-news.co.uk)
- But a recent study of regular civilians finds a complex link between head injury and susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease. (whyfiles.org)
- Instead, she says the study could indicate "that there are some individuals who are vulnerable to the head trauma, and will develop higher amyloid that puts them at greater risk of Alzheimer's. (whyfiles.org)
- Among Head Start staff, 85.7% were non-Hispanic white, 62.4% were married, and 60.3% had completed college. (cdc.gov)
- Despite the potential effect of stress on staff's health and children's outcomes in Head Start, we are not aware of any studies that describe the health of Head Start staff. (cdc.gov)
- After that, someone from the Head Start staff will let you know within a few days whether or not you can enroll and get started. (thedetroithub.com)
- The dedication and commitment of our Operational Staff in supporting the day-to-day running of HeadStart ensures that our students receive the very best in learning and extra-curricular activities. (headstartphuket.com)
- Head & Shoulders scientists have found out that healthy scalps make healthier* hair . (headandshoulders.com)
- Fortunately, there is a way to keep hair healthy: use Head & Shoulders shampoo regularly. (headandshoulders.com)
- Thankfully, Head & Shoulders conditioners are uniquely designed to work with Head & Shoulders shampoos, to lock in dandruff-fighting power and make your hair feel amazing. (headandshoulders.com)
- The enduring image of Kevin Keegan leaving the pitch, head bowed and shoulders hunched against the elements, with howls of derision hounding the England coach towards an unceremonious resignation in the toilets of a stadium he had graced so often as a hero. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Instead, prepare smaller portions, start a compost pile, or freeze leftover veggies and meats until you have enough to make soup. (floridatoday.com)
- Headstart is on a mission to make India a more innovative and prosperous place by nurturing and encouraging the budding startups and innovative entrepreneurs. (headstart.in)
- Unemployed and living off Social Security benefits that started after her husband drowned two years ago, she didn't have the money for quality day care while she looked for work. (huffpost.com)
- I taught in East London for four years, before moving to teach for eight years as Head of English in Viet Nam and China. (headstartphuket.com)
- But parents benefiting from Head Start say it keeps their lives afloat. (huffpost.com)
- Head Start engages parents in their children's learning and helps parents in making progress toward their educational, literacy and employment goals. (hsolc.org)
- Parents receive preference for employment in Head Start for jobs they qualify for. (hsolc.org)
- The district in 2010 initiated conservation strategy known as "head starting" in which hatchling turtles are raised to a larger body size before being rereleased to the wild, to increase their chances of survival. (dailyherald.com)
- Three studies (including two replicated studies) in Canada and the USA found that during head-starting, amphibian growth rate, size, stress levels and survival was affected by the amount of protein provided , housing density or enclosure location . (conservationevidence.com)