Petunia: A plant genus of the family SOLANACEAE. Members contain steroidal glycosides.Habits: Acquired or learned responses which are regularly manifested.Solanaceae: A plant family of the order Solanales, subclass Asteridae. Among the most important are POTATOES; TOMATOES; CAPSICUM (green and red peppers); TOBACCO; and BELLADONNA.Flowers: The reproductive organs of plants.Food Habits: Acquired or learned food preferences.Plants: Multicellular, eukaryotic life forms of kingdom Plantae (sensu lato), comprising the VIRIDIPLANTAE; RHODOPHYTA; and GLAUCOPHYTA; all of which acquired chloroplasts by direct endosymbiosis of CYANOBACTERIA. They are characterized by a mainly photosynthetic mode of nutrition; essentially unlimited growth at localized regions of cell divisions (MERISTEMS); cellulose within cells providing rigidity; the absence of organs of locomotion; absence of nervous and sensory systems; and an alternation of haploid and diploid generations.Plant Proteins: Proteins found in plants (flowers, herbs, shrubs, trees, etc.). The concept does not include proteins found in vegetables for which VEGETABLE PROTEINS is available.Eugenol: A cinnamate derivative of the shikamate pathway found in CLOVE OIL and other PLANTS.Gene Expression Regulation, Plant: Any of the processes by which nuclear, cytoplasmic, or intercellular factors influence the differential control of gene action in plants.Anthocyanins: A group of FLAVONOIDS derived from FLAVONOLS, which lack the ketone oxygen at the 4-position. They are glycosylated versions of cyanidin, pelargonidin or delphinidin. The conjugated bonds result in blue, red, and purple colors in flowers of plants.Genes, Plant: The functional hereditary units of PLANTS.Antirrhinum: A plant genus of the family Plantaginaceae. Members contain DEFICIENS PROTEIN.Pollen: The fertilizing element of plants that contains the male GAMETOPHYTES.Plants, Genetically Modified: PLANTS, or their progeny, whose GENOME has been altered by GENETIC ENGINEERING.Molecular Sequence Data: Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.MADS Domain Proteins: A superfamily of proteins that share a highly conserved MADS domain sequence motif. The term MADS refers to the first four members which were MCM1 PROTEIN; AGAMOUS 1 PROTEIN; DEFICIENS PROTEIN; and SERUM RESPONSE FACTOR. Many MADS domain proteins have been found in species from all eukaryotic kingdoms. They play an important role in development, especially in plants where they have an important role in flower development.Thysanoptera: An order of very small, fringed-wing INSECTS including many agricultural pests.DNA, Plant: Deoxyribonucleic acid that makes up the genetic material of plants.Plant Development: Processes orchestrated or driven by a plethora of genes, plant hormones, and inherent biological timing mechanisms facilitated by secondary molecules, which result in the systematic transformation of plants and plant parts, from one stage of maturity to another.Ethylenes: Derivatives of ethylene, a simple organic gas of biological origin with many industrial and biological use.Amino Acid Sequence: The order of amino acids as they occur in a polypeptide chain. This is referred to as the primary structure of proteins. It is of fundamental importance in determining PROTEIN CONFORMATION.Benzene DerivativesShikimic Acid: A tri-hydroxy cyclohexene carboxylic acid important in biosynthesis of so many compounds that the shikimate pathway is named after it.Vegetables: A food group comprised of EDIBLE PLANTS or their parts.Fruit: The fleshy or dry ripened ovary of a plant, enclosing the seed or seeds.Gardening: Cultivation of PLANTS; (FRUIT; VEGETABLES; MEDICINAL HERBS) on small plots of ground or in containers.Diet: Regular course of eating and drinking adopted by a person or animal.Ants: Insects of the family Formicidae, very common and widespread, probably the most successful of all the insect groups. All ants are social insects, and most colonies contain three castes, queens, males, and workers. Their habits are often very elaborate and a great many studies have been made of ant behavior. Ants produce a number of secretions that function in offense, defense, and communication. (From Borror, et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p676)Cuphea: A plant genus of the family LYTHRACEAE. Members contain lauric acid and cuphiin.Fragaria: A plant genus of the family ROSACEAE known for the edible fruit.Cost-Benefit Analysis: A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.Asteraceae: A large plant family of the order Asterales, subclass Asteridae, class Magnoliopsida. The family is also known as Compositae. Flower petals are joined near the base and stamens alternate with the corolla lobes. The common name of "daisy" refers to several genera of this family including Aster; CHRYSANTHEMUM; RUDBECKIA; TANACETUM.Cestrum: A plant genus of the family SOLANACEAE. Members contain steroidal saponins and cause CALCINOSIS in grazing livestock due to high levels of 1 ALPHA,25-DIHYDROXYVITAMIN D3.Seeds: The encapsulated embryos of flowering plants. They are used as is or for animal feed because of the high content of concentrated nutrients like starches, proteins, and fats. Rapeseed, cottonseed, and sunflower seed are also produced for the oils (fats) they yield.Color: The visually perceived property of objects created by absorption or reflection of specific wavelengths of light.Cucumis melo: A plant species of the family CUCURBITACEAE, order Violales, subclass Dilleniidae known for the melon fruits with reticulated (net) surface including cantaloupes, honeydew, casaba, and Persian melons.Software: Sequential operating programs and data which instruct the functioning of a digital computer.Internet: A loose confederation of computer communication networks around the world. The networks that make up the Internet are connected through several backbone networks. The Internet grew out of the US Government ARPAnet project and was designed to facilitate information exchange.Rosaceae: The rose plant family in the order ROSALES and class Magnoliopsida. They are generally woody plants. A number of the species of this family contain cyanogenic compounds.Impatiens: A plant genus of subsucculent annual or perennial plants in the family BALSAMINACEAE, order Geraniales.Papua New Guinea: A country consisting of the eastern half of the island of New Guinea and adjacent islands, including New Britain, New Ireland, the Admiralty Islands, and New Hanover in the Bismarck Archipelago; Bougainville and Buka in the northern Solomon Islands; the D'Entrecasteaux and Trobriand Islands; Woodlark (Murua) Island; and the Louisiade Archipelago. It became independent on September 16, 1975. Formerly, the southern part was the Australian Territory of Papua, and the northern part was the UN Trust Territory of New Guinea, administered by Australia. They were administratively merged in 1949 and named Papua and New Guinea, and renamed Papua New Guinea in 1971.New Guinea: Originally an island of the Malay Archipelago, the second largest island in the world. It divided, West New Guinea becoming part of Indonesia and East New Guinea becoming Papua New Guinea.Professional Corporations: Legally authorized corporations owned and managed by one or more professionals (medical, dental, legal) in which the income is ascribed primarily to the professional activities of the owners or stockholders.Hydrangeaceae: A plant family of the order ROSALES, subclass Rosidae, class Magnoliopsida.Prince Edward Island: An island in the Gulf of St. Lawrence constituting a province of Canada in the eastern part of the country. It is very irregular in shape with many deep inlets. Its capital is Charlottetown. Discovered by the French in 1534 and originally named Ile Saint-Jean, it was renamed in 1799 in honor of Prince Edward, fourth son of George III and future father of Queen Victoria. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p981 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p433)WashingtonGrief: Normal, appropriate sorrowful response to an immediate cause. It is self-limiting and gradually subsides within a reasonable time.Beauty: Characteristics or attributes of persons or things which elicit pleasurable feelings.Plum Pox Virus: A species of the genus POTYVIRUS that affects many species of Prunus. It is transmitted by aphids and by infected rootstocks.Solanum: A plant genus of the family SOLANACEAE. Members contain SOLANACEOUS ALKALOIDS. Some species in this genus are called deadly nightshade which is also a common name for ATROPA BELLADONNA.Desmosomal Cadherins: A single-pass transmembrane glycoproteins that mediate CALCIUM-dependent CELL ADHESION and are core components of DESMOSOMES.Inflorescence: A cluster of FLOWERS (as opposed to a solitary flower) arranged on a main stem of a plant.
The red color is due to several anthocyanin pigments, which are different from the cause of red color in modern hybrid petunias ... It share the erect habit, and similar corolla, pollen, and stalk attributes as Petunia axillaris and Petunia secreta. The ... It is the only Petunia species that is naturally pollinated by hummingbirds, and the only red flowered Petunia species. P. ... "Petunias Rare and Red". The New York Botanical Garden. Retrieved 8 December 2012. Aaron Emery Walworth (2009). Analysis of Cold ...
During the migration season, a parliament of short-eared owls has made a habit of spending a few days in some tall fir trees ... 27-34 Red. Stiri (6 June 2016), "Industriasul Constantin Toma (PSD) a castigat primaria Buzau - Politic", HotNews.ro, retrieved ... In their gardens, the locals grow roses, hyacinths, tulips, local peonies, and petunia, as well as grapevines and Virginia ...
In 2006, a whole year after they did a runner, Boycie allowed Marlene to invite her sister Petunia up to stay; she was, however ... Various jokes have been made to her expense, referring to her non-cleaning and biscuit-eating habits. She has even on occasions ... French, Dan (6 March 2009). "2.5m invest in 'Red Riding'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 1 January 2010. "The Green Green Grass - ... Imelda's non-cleaning habits and Llewellyn's constant underhand moves. There are also several running gags, including Boycie's ...
His normal outfit consists of a yellow tunic with a red vest, a fur loin cloth, and a knife belt. He is commonly known as just ... His daughter Petunia was brutally murdered by sea-raiding vermin on the shores of Salamandastron, which caused him deep mental ... He had a bad habit of worrying and complaining. After Tramun Clogg was captured by Badrang, Gruzzle defected to Badrang's side ... After the Petunia arrived at Green Isle, Brantalis flew from Redwall to deliver the coronet that accompanied the armor. Tiria ...
He proposes that herbivorous dinosaurs, with their eating habits, provided a selective pressure on plants, for which ... petunia, buttercup, apples, and oaks. ... red algae). *Cyanidiophyceae. *Porphyridiophyceae. * ...
Mini petunia, including varieties and pruning advice. Click here to find out more. ... Can-can Double Wine Red (Can-can Series) ... Habit. Bushy, Cushion or Mound Forming, Trailing. Create your ... Calibrachoa Can-can Double Wine Red (Can-can Series) (Mini petunia Can-can Double Wine Red). ... Calibrachoa Can-can Double Wine Red (Can-can Series) (Mini petunia Can-can Double Wine Red) will reach a height of 0.25m ...
Easy Wave Red Velour is a trailing petunia from seed with velvety blooms in huge numbers. Quick and easy, this annual blooms ... Petunia Wave® has taken the gardening world by storm since its introduction a few years ago. Its spreading habit is just ... Petunia Wave® has taken the gardening world by storm since its introduction a few years ago. Its spreading habit is just ... Easy Wave™ Red Velour Petunia Seeds. Velvety Rich Color that Keeps Coming for Months!. ...
... and Verbena Empress Flair Dark Red. Each pot contains 1 plant of each, for a total of 9 plants. Sun-loving, long-blooming, and ... The Petunia has a rounded habit about 10 to 12 inches high and 12 inches wide, simply packed with big blooms. And the Verbena ... Contains Lobelia Hot Waterblue, Petunia Potunia Plus Yellow, and Verbena Empress Flair Dark Red Charme.. * Bloom Start to End: ... The Petunia has a rounded habit about 10 to 12 inches high and 12 inches wide, simply packed with big blooms. And the Verbena ...
Find help and information on Petunia hybrida Carousel Series Carousel Mix F1, including varieties and pruning advice. Click ... Petunia hybrida Carousel Series is: Deciduous. Habit. Bushy, Spreading, Trailing. Flower. Bright-red, Bright-pink, White, Dark- ... Petunia hybrida Carousel Series (Petunia Carousel Mix F1) will reach a height of 0.25m and a spread of 0.25m after 1-2 years. ... Petunia hybrida Carousel Series (Petunia Carousel Mix F1) will reach a height of 0.25m and a spread of 0.25m after 1-2 years. ...
The red color is due to several anthocyanin pigments, which are different from the cause of red color in modern hybrid petunias ... It share the erect habit, and similar corolla, pollen, and stalk attributes as Petunia axillaris and Petunia secreta. The ... It is the only Petunia species that is naturally pollinated by hummingbirds, and the only red flowered Petunia species. P. ... "Petunias Rare and Red". The New York Botanical Garden. Retrieved 8 December 2012. Aaron Emery Walworth (2009). Analysis of Cold ...
SupertuniaÂ® Black Cherry Petunia. Smoky red blooms shaped like a gramophone horn send out a clarion call to honey bees and ... Shrub zones 5 - 9; full sun; mounding habit; 2 feet tall.. My MonetÂ® Sunset Weigela. My MonetÂ® has a compact habit (18 inches ... SupertuniaÂ® Vista Bubblegum®® Petunia. These hearty petunias will produce mounds of bubblegum pink blooms even during periods ... SupertuniaÂ® Pretty Much Picasso®® Petunia. Petunias are a helpful pest control plant that repel asparagus beetles, leafhoppers ...
Capsicum Red Belt. This radiant, red, lamuyo-type pepper is a culinary must-have for the garden. Uniform, smooth and glossy ... Petunia Damask Series. This new, naturally compact multiflora petunia series was bred specifically with the needs of high- ... Its tightly branched habit and short internodes require little-to-no plant growth regulators, allowing for economical ... Red Belt is grower-friendly, with strong vigor and plant structure that results in good fruit set, abundant yield and plant ...
Petunia plant named KLEPH16333 , Hosta plant named Waterslide , Strawberry cultivars , Nectarine Tree Named ... A new Petunia plant particularly distinguished by yellow flowers with red-purple stripes and a trailing habit, is disclosed. ... A new and distinct Hosta plant named `Waterslide` with compact rounded-mound habit of dense bluish-colored, lanceolate foliage ... A new and distinct Calibrachoa cultivar named `DCALCOPILA` is disclosed, characterized by a compact, mounded plant habit. ...
These insects are tiny and red, youve seen them before and youve just noticed them on the concrete step you are sitting on. ... Eating Habits. Clover mites are sap drinkers; they feed on grass and clover. They also demonstrate a liking for dandelion, ... strawberry and iris, and are repelled by flowers like marigolds, geraniums, roses and petunias. ... These insects are tiny and red, youve seen them before and youve just noticed them on the concrete step you are sitting on. ...
Looking like miniature petunias, these tender perennials come in a variety of colors such as, violet, pink, yellow, red and ... This plant has a trailing habit and is smothered with petite blooms all summer long. ...
... it lasts 2 weeks longer in the garden than other medium-habit red petunias on the market.. ... Offers two weeks of additional flowering in the garden when compared to other blue petunias on the market.. NEW Red: Fills ... We have trialed ColorBlitz up against all other medium-vigor petunias and found it to be the most uniform of all. This makes ... Plant Growth Regulators (S) = spray / (D) = drench: B-Nine(S) 1,500-2,500 ppm, applied 2-4 times, can be used to control habit ...
... mounding habit. Throughout the season it is covered with numerous small, funnel-shaped, petunia-like flowers of red. ... Calibrachoa, Colorburst Pro™ Red Calibrachoa, Red Million Bells). Colorburst Pro™ red is a warm season annual to tender ... Calibrachoa, Callie™ Scarlet Red Calibrachoa, Scarlet Red Million Bells). The trailing stems of Callie™ Scarlet Red 08 million ... sprawling growth habit. The flowers are slightly larger-sized flowers, more akin to petunias. These blossoms appear ...
... particularly distinguished by having pink flower color with darker pink veins and a yellow throat and a spreading plant habit, ... red-purple) RHS 12A (Yellow) eye Petal color, lower surface RHS N74C (Red-Purple) RHS N155A (white) Plant growth habit Mounding ... 0007] 2. A spreading plant habit. DESCRIPTION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS  This new Petunia-Calibrachoa plant is illustrated by ... Petunia-calibrachoa hybrid plant named SAKPXC016 Abstract. A new Petunia-Calibrachoa hybrid plant particularly distinguished ...
Petunias respond well to pruning to produce fuller foliage and new blooms. This plant grows with a trailing habit that allows ... Vinca flowers feature a wide variety of colors, ranging from white to deep red. The flower is disc-shaped and relatively flat ... Petunia. No window box would be complete without at least considering the petunia as a viable addition. Petunias feature ... Petunias like bright light and prefer well-drained soil. Dont allow the window box to become too dry or the plant becomes ...
Petunia Cha-Ching Cherry (Ball FloraPlant) Industrys Choice and Editors Choice. I had seen hundreds of petunias by the time ... Although the habit and color on this series arent anything to write home about, it will allow for a lower-cost version of ... Canna South Pacific Scarlet Red (American Takii) Great in our trials and will open up an entirely new market for canna lilies ... Petunia Cha-Ching Cherry (Ball FloraPlant) Bicolor petunias are not new to the marketplace, but this particular one has a ...
... tall produce distinctive scarlet-red pods. Tender slightly ribbed pods are best when 3 to 6 long. GARDEN HINTS: Soak seed in ... Petunia Espresso Frappe Rose Hybrid. Top notch dwarf petunia that wins plaudits for very showy frilly blooms comes in pink ... Mounding cascading habit makes this a fine choice for use in Read More » ... Okra Red Velvet Organic. Beautiful red-stemmed plants 4-5′ tall produce distinctive scarlet-red pods. Tender slightly ribbed ...
Deep violet-blue flowers resemble mini petunias. Indispensable for containers with trailing habit, profuse and endless bloom, ... Little velvety red trumpets are complimented by deep green foliage. A perfect partner of silver-leaved plants like Helichrysum ... Grow this one for its shiny red maple shaped leaves. This one may be perennial in warmer zones but its warm colorful presence ... These are the most robust of the `Wave petunias-- they will happily cascade out of a big pot or make a glorious groundcover. ...
Varieties in this series offer a more mounded plant habit than the classic Wave series. They are a bit less spreading, need ... Achillea Flowerburst Red Shades. starting at $20.65 Ageratum Aloha Blue F1. starting at $10.50 ... Varieties in this series offer a more mounded plant habit than the classic Wave series. They are a bit less spreading, need ...
This type of petunia has a mounding habit of growth that can reach a height of 12 inches and spread to a width out to 18 inches ... As its name suggests, this petunia has bright watermelon pinkish-red colored blooms. The flowers are small, yet abundant. It ... These petunias have a trailing habit of growth; it can grow about 2 feet in length and spread to a width around 3 feet. ... This variety of petunias is characterized by large blooms with a spreading habit of growth. Its blooms may be soft pink or ...
I currently favor the Easy Wave petunias because they have a more mounded trailing habit and dont become as leggy in late ... With their ½ inch long black body, black legs, and bright orange-red markings and "V" on their back, they are easy to identify ... Wave Petunias and Others: I admit to being a big fan of Wave petunias and have previously talked about them at length. They ... Despite my devotion to Wave petunias, I still like to give other petunias a try. The Charm series from Proven Winners also have ...
Shock Wave and Wave Petunia, mixtures and single colours use in hanging baskets, containers, borders, ground cover for stunning ... Petunia Wave. Petunia Wave seeds, Petunia wave series to grow from seeds, these are siimilar in habit to Surfinia petunias with ... Petunia. Shock Wave Red 10 pellets. A blanket of colour with an amazing amount of small high impact flowers of 4-5cm in size ... Petunia. Wave Blue 10 pellets,. Pelleted Seed. Similar in habit to Surfinia petunias with 7cm blooms along the length of each ...
7° c) blooming season: spring, late spring, summer, autumn, late summer plant habit: mounded. red- vein sorrel is considered to ... plant details: scientific name: calibrachoa hybrida common name: mini petunia hardiness degree: 35° f ( 1. ... a recommended dose of red vein kratom is 6 to 8 grams. red vein thai effects. red vein thai kratom is a fairly potent strain ... like other red vein kratom, red thai has a high alkaloid count, which is what gives kratom its effects. kratom, also called ...
Good news for gardeners who love the bright, long-blooming habits of impatiens is that New Guinea impatiens (I. x hawkeri) will ... Bergenia hybrids: Large rounded leaves, red-tinged in winter; flowers red, pink, purple or white. Newer hybrids offer more ... New Guineas are more expensive, bedding begonias are not quite as bright, petunias tolerate less shade. Best to take this as a ... Good news for gardeners who love the bright, long-blooming habits of impatiens is that New Guinea impatiens (I. x hawkeri) will ...
red bracts and is marketable 7 weeks after initiation of short. days.. B. Cultivar Evaluation. 1. Petunia T. K. Howe and W. E. ... flower, plant habit, plant dimensions, flower size and color,. subjective rating and presence of pests. These trials served. to ... petunia. A petunia isolate was very virulent on petunia,. snapdragon and mildly on vinca and pansy. An isolate from. vinca was ... red and green, and that the homozygous red genotype is. epistatic to the white netted venation. Replicated trials. indicated ...
Other appealing foliage plants that are becoming more available as winter transplants include Red Bor and Red Russian kale ... Some of the best varieties for uniform plant and flower size and consistent flowering habit are in the Penny and Sorbet series ... Some good choices to try are calendula, nemesia, petunia, sweet alyssum, and verbena. These tend to grow best in warmer areas ( ... Colors range from white to red and blue. Polyanthus (P. polyanthus) and English (P. acaulis) primroses perform well outdoors ...
HybridaVarietiesHybridsSeedsFoliageGenusBloomsCalibrachoaVigorousPlantsImpatiensSpeciesMultifloraPhloxSurfiniaFlowersBlossomsGrowth habitTobaccoColorsContainersGeraniumsTallFlowerPansyPurplesBicolorWhiteEasy WaveVigorAnnualsTrailingVegetativeWaveAxillarisPinkBegoniasSeriesDroughtDwarfVerbenaHybridBedsYellowShadeBlackberryColourGeneticsAsparagusPurpleBushy
- Bicolor and solid color varieties match in vigor and habit. (ballfloraplant.com)
- With the home garden focus back on vegetables, many of the big seed companies are strongly marketing their new vegetable varieties, especially ones with more compact growth habits that are easier to fit into the smaller gardens of today's gardeners. (wsu.edu)
- Varieties in this series offer a more mounded plant habit than the classic Wave series. (harrisseeds.com)
- With an incredible amount of Petunia varieties in existence, you'll be able to choose which colors and patterns you would like to showcase in your garden. (gardentabs.com)
- It's good to know the types of Pink and Purple Petunia varieties because they all feature differing attributes, so you can find the variety that fits your garden vision. (gardentabs.com)
- Check below to find 25 varieties of Pink and Purple Petunias that you can add to your garden. (gardentabs.com)
- Newer varieties such as the Vintage series have a strong clovelike fragrance on the 18-inch-tall flower spikes of lavender, lilac, red, and white that have an extended bloom time. (garden.org)
- Mixing varieties in the same container can produce an amazing results-a tall, billowing sedum in the back of a pot can be nicely balanced by 'Dragons Blood' spilling off the front in shades of red (or 'Angelina' for yellow). (echters.com)
- Green varieties blend to reds and purples as the season progresses and add a sophisticated flair. (echters.com)
- petunia Genus of flowering plants of the nightshade family that originated in Argentina , and the common name for any of the varieties that are popular bedding plants. (encyclopedia.com)
- The varieties in this nice series are crosses between Calibrachoa and Petunia. (blogspot.ca)
- Newly engendered varieties like 'Black Velvet Petunia' or 'Black Cat Petunia' look almost black but it may be hard and expensive to find their seeds. (balconygardenweb.com)
- In addition to its very limited range, P. exserta is also threatened because it so easily hybridizes with other Petunia species in its native range, especially with Petunia axillaris, thus producing offspring that are hybrids rather than the species. (wikipedia.org)
- Many of the purple and pink Petunias are hybrids, giving them unique characteristics due to their breeding. (gardentabs.com)
- The common garden petunias, planted also in window boxes, are all considered hybrids of white-flowered and violet-flowered species from Argentina. (encyclopedia.com)
- The National Trust and English Nature are urging gardeners to avoid modern plant hybrids - such as petunias and Mexican salvias - which are sterile and have no nectar and to keep enough nectar-rich plants to nourish bumblebees all season long. (telegraph.co.uk)
- These New Guinea hybrids feature a shrubby habit and large flowers. (fpedagog.org)
- Part of the attraction with New Guinea impatiens hybrids is the foliage: lush, lance-shaped leaves are bold and often tinged with red-bronze, or splashed with bright green or yellow. (fpedagog.org)
- These Goldsmith Seeds/Syngenta introductions are vigorous and produce many small, petunia-like flowers that bloom all season long. (learn2grow.com)
- Petunia Wave seeds, Petunia wave series to grow from seeds, these are siimilar in habit to Surfinia petunias with masses of flowers on cascading branches. (nickys-nursery.co.uk)
- Petunia wave seeds are suppied in pelleted form for ease of sowing. (nickys-nursery.co.uk)
- Petunia Seeds - Daddy Series (pelleted) has a rating of 5.0 stars based on 4 reviews. (trueleafmarket.com)
- id":10148913288,"title":"Petunia Seeds - Daddy Series (pelleted)","handle":"petunia-daddy-series-pelleted-flower-seeds","description":"\u003cp\u003e98 - 105 days. (trueleafmarket.com)
- Daddy Series petunia seeds are an early Spring bloomer that promises to keep the butterflies fluttering all the way through summer. (trueleafmarket.com)
- u003c\/li\u003e\n\u003cli\u003e\n\u003cstrong\u003eColor:\u003c\/strong\u003e Unique "veined" and semi-feathered blooms in a signature choice of Blue, Orchid, Peppermint, Pink, Sugar, Red, and Mix\u003c\/li\u003e\n\u003c\/ul\u003e\n\u003cp\u003eFor earliest blooming, begin Daddy Series petunia seeds indoors 10 - 12 weeks before the final frost and transplant once there are two sets of true leaves. (trueleafmarket.com)
- Plant 2 - 3 Daddy Series petunia seeds ¼" deep and 10 - 14" apart in average, medium moist, and well-drained soil in full sun. (trueleafmarket.com)
- Avoid overhead watering to minimize wetting foliage as Daddy Series petunia seeds are susceptible to fungal and leaf diseases and gray mold if not properly ventilated. (trueleafmarket.com)
- annual seasonal flower seeds for winter such as petunia, calendula, pansy, salvia, dahlia and antirrhinum are supposed to be sown in autumn i.e.october. (blogspot.com)
- Petunias, zinnias and impatiens are just a few of the flowers that it is easy to extract and save seeds. (creative-escape.org)
- This series has large premium flowers held above the foliage and is available in four core colors: lavender, red, violet and white. (greenhousegrower.com)
- A new and distinct Hosta plant named `Waterslide` with compact rounded-mound habit of dense bluish-colored, lanceolate foliage having wavy margins, narrowly. (patents.com)
- This new Petunia-Calibrachoa plant is illustrated by the accompanying photographs which show the plant's overall plant habit including form, foliage, and flowers. (patents.com)
- Petunias respond well to pruning to produce fuller foliage and new blooms. (gardenguides.com)
- Little velvety red trumpets are complimented by deep green foliage. (magicgardenplants.com)
- Top notch dwarf petunia that wins plaudits for very showy frilly blooms comes in pink complemented by dark-green foliage. (buygardenplantsonline.com)
- Rosy purple 2 inch wide blooms decorate the long trailing foliage of the Tickled Pink Petunia. (gardentabs.com)
- Other appealing foliage plants that are becoming more available as winter transplants include 'Red Bor' and 'Red Russian' kale, 'Red Giant' mustard, and 'Bright Lights' Swiss chard. (garden.org)
- 4802CQ Achillea millefolium Cherry-red flat flower heads with lacy foliage. (fedcoseeds.com)
- One of the most decorative flowers the 'Black Star' bloom is deep purple with a spathe that is almost black, it looks attractive in combination with light green foliage spotted with red tips. (balconygardenweb.com)
- Petunia exserta is a rare member of the genus Petunia, endemic to the Serras de Sudeste in southern Brazil. (wikipedia.org)
- Genus and species: Petunia-Calibrachoa intergeneric hybrid. (patents.com)
- petunia, any plant of the genus Petunia, South American herbs of the family Solanaceae ( nightshade family). (encyclopedia.com)
- Like Petunias, they are native to South America and they are a genus of plant in the Solanaceae (nightshade) family. (jparkers.co.uk)
- Petunia is genus of 35 species of flowering plants of South American origin (closely related to tobacco, cape gooseberries, tomatoes, deadly nightshades, potatoes and chili peppers) in the family Solanaceae . (blogspot.no)
- Velour Petunias are velvety in appearance, their big blooms absolutely saturated with rich color. (parkseed.com)
- Like all the Easy Waves®, Red Velour sets new blooms from the center as well as the ends of each stem, keeping the plant looking fresh and newly-opened month after month! (parkseed.com)
- Its spreading habit is just stunning, covering ground at the rate of several inches every single day, and trailing lots of big, colorful blooms as it goes! (parkseed.com)
- These hearty petunias will produce mounds of bubblegum pink blooms even during periods of heat and drought. (pallensmith.com)
- Smoky red blooms shaped like a gramophone horn send out a clarion call to honey bees and other nectar seeking beneficials. (pallensmith.com)
- This plant has a trailing habit and is smothered with petite blooms all summer long. (naturehills.com)
- Petunias are delicate annuals or perennials that display their blooms during early summer until the first frost. (gardentabs.com)
- This hybrid petunia boasts its vibrant, fragrant violet blooms. (gardentabs.com)
- Bubble gum pink blooms with dark centers decorate this mounding, compact habit of growth plant. (gardentabs.com)
- As its name suggests, this petunia has bright watermelon pinkish-red colored blooms. (gardentabs.com)
- This hybrid petunia displays deep purple blooms speckled with white, giving it the dramatic appearance of the night sky. (gardentabs.com)
- To make sure that your purple blooms maintain their white spots, plant these petunias in a location where they'll have warmer temperatures during the day and cooler temperatures in the evening and night. (gardentabs.com)
- This variety of petunias is characterized by large blooms with a spreading habit of growth. (gardentabs.com)
- Daddy Series petunias mature to 12 - 15" tall mounding uprights sprinkled in leafy and uniquely \"veined\" 3 - 4" semi-feathered blooms. (trueleafmarket.com)
- The Trilogy series plant habit is spreading like Tidal Wave but blooms are much tighter together than Easy Wave or Avalanche - which makes this series an excellent choice to replace Avalanche for hanging baskets and the Primetime series for regular beds. (stokeseeds.com)
- Spectacular camellia-like blooms - uniquely different, the rich russet red flowers trimmed with gold change to flame red as the flower ages. (thompson-morgan.com)
- Calibrachoa 'Can-can Double Wine Red' (Can-can Series) (Mini petunia 'Can-can Double Wine Red') will reach a height of 0.25m and a spread of 0.4m after 1-2 years. (shootgardening.co.uk)
- A new and distinct Calibrachoa cultivar named `DCALCOPILA` is disclosed, characterized by a compact, mounded plant habit. (patents.com)
- The spreading, trailing Calibrachoa in the Callie™ Series come in lots of vibrant colors, including orange, rose-red, yellow and white. (learn2grow.com)
- A new Petunia-Calibrachoa hybrid plant particularly distinguished by having pink flower color with darker pink veins and a yellow throat and a spreading plant habit, is disclosed. (patents.com)
- 1. A new and distinct cultivar of Petunia-Calibrachoa hybrid plant as illustrated and described herein. (patents.com)
- Try combining this daisy with the deep violet-blue of mealycup sage for a vivid contrast or make a monochromatic picture by combining it with pale yellow calibrachoa or petunias. (garden.org)
- The SuperCals have the flower power and non-sticky leaves of Calibrachoa, and the better pH adaptablilty and larger flowers of Petunias. (blogspot.ca)
- In July 2010, a single plant was selected and designated `K2011-J-120` which had pink flowers with a yellow eye color, vigorous blooming, and a mounding habit. (patents.com)
- The Hypnotica series is very impressive due to its large flower size, vigorous plant habit and uniformity. (greenhousegrower.com)
- 4831LL Amaranthus caudatus (90 days) Vigorous 2-4' branching annual with long drooping red tassels. (fedcoseeds.com)
- Supertunia petunias are vigorous with slightly mounded habits that function as both fillers and spillers in containers. (deeprootshgc.com)
- Carried on plants with a habit both mounding and spreading, they create a big impression in containers, baskets, and mixed bowls. (parkseed.com)
- Because of their strong, compact branching habit, these plants are easier to grow, handle and ship without damage. (greenhousegrower.com)
- F1 plants exhibited pink and lavender flower colors with mounding and semi-mounding habits. (patents.com)
- We had in mind growing some really different plants for containers-try mixing drought tolerant Petunias with Gazanias for a hot sunny spot, or blue flowered Gentian Sage with icy Arctotis for a cool effect. (magicgardenplants.com)
- Beautiful red-stemmed plants 4-5′ tall produce distinctive scarlet-red pods. (buygardenplantsonline.com)
- Rich wine-red flowers 3-4″ across on plants 2 1/2′ tall. (buygardenplantsonline.com)
- Large clusters of fragrant bright coral red top compact disease resistant plants. (buygardenplantsonline.com)
- On a cool and sunny morning, do a flower bed in petunias, gerberas, impatiens, marigolds or any of the dozens of other flowering plants still in the garden shops. (sun-sentinel.com)
- They are sometimes present during the growing season in plants with reddish to purple leaves, like red barberry or Crimson King maple. (wsu.edu)
- Dwarf-sized and miniature plants, or those that keep a tight compact habit, make the most sense for these spaces. (multibriefs.com)
- Researchers will study Agrobacterium tumefaciens and Rhodococcus fascians, which deform hundreds of common landscape plants, including hostas, Shasta daisies, petunias and pansies. (multibriefs.com)
- Plants in the nightshade (Solanaceae) family ( 7 ), particularly tomato ( Solanum lycopersicum ), are models for sympodial growth, and inflorescence architectures range from a solitary flower, as in petunia ( 8 ), to progressively more complex structures in which the meristem proliferates into multiple branches with dozens of flowers, as in several wild species of tomato ( 9 ). (pnas.org)
- The plants are of a straggling habit and produce an abundance of large, funnel-shaped, fragrant blossoms. (encyclopedia.com)
- These small, dainty plants from California are of a spreading habit and the leaves are pale green, deeply cut and slightly hairy. (backyardgardener.com)
- Plants are less sensitive to daylength than other spreading petunias. (stokeseeds.com)
- flowers retain short internodes even after blooming and plants are less sensitive to daylength than other spreading petunias. (stokeseeds.com)
- This heat-lover is beloved by hummingbirds and butterflies, and the only downside (as I don't have a whitefly problem here typically) is that I always manage to break a branch or two en route home from the garden center, as these are brittle plants. (awaytogarden.com)
- The family has about 90 genera and 2600 species and includes crop and garden plantssuch as potato, tomato, petunia, tobacco, and eggplantas well as many poisonous plants. (spellsofmagic.com)
- Plants of the order vary greatly in habit, from herbs to trees, and some of them are parasites. (spellsofmagic.com)
- He's looking into substitutes, including begonias, but none are as cheap and reliable as impatiens, which for years have decorated the parks in billowy drifts of white, pink, lavender and red. (sfgate.com)
- A New Guinea impatiens plant particularly distinguished by red-purple flowers with red-purple eyes and a spreading plant habit, is disclosed. (freepatentsonline.com)
- It is the only Petunia species that is naturally pollinated by hummingbirds, and the only red flowered Petunia species. (wikipedia.org)
- However, other ladybird species may be black with red spots or ashy gray or tan with black spots. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Dwarf fruiting pomegranate cultivar (or sub species) with small but lovely, numerous, red flowers and with a very compact habit (ultimate height is 50-60cm). (ebay.co.uk)
- This species has an erect, matting growth habit growing to 45 cm in height. (blogspot.no)
- Surfinia petunias have great garden performance and this color is a great addition. (greenhousegrower.com)
- Petunia Wave are similar to Surfinia petunias they have 7cm flowers and are ideal for ground cover, containers and hanging baskets, blooming freely all season height 10-15cm spread 90-120cm. (nickys-nursery.co.uk)
- It's a Surfinia type, and obviously it's red. (awaytogarden.com)
- Can-can Double Wine Red' _ 'Can-can Double Wine Red' is a compact, tender, mound-forming to trailing, evergreen perennial, typically grown as an annual, with small, ovate to narrowly lance-shaped, dark green leaves and trumpet-shaped, double, deep reddish-purple flowers from late spring into autumn. (shootgardening.co.uk)
- Tagetes patula, French Marigold, is lower growing from 6-24 inches tall with 11/2-2 inch, single- or double-petaled flowers that are yellow or orange and often marked with red. (parkseed.com)
- Carousel Series _ Carousel Series are trailing or spreading annuals with sticky, hairy, mid-green leaves and dark purple, bright red, white or bright pink flowers in summer. (shootgardening.co.uk)
- They also demonstrate a liking for dandelion, strawberry and iris, and are repelled by flowers like marigolds, geraniums, roses and petunias. (gardenguides.com)
- A new Petunia plant particularly distinguished by yellow flowers with red-purple stripes and a trailing habit, is disclosed. (patents.com)
- The trailing stems of Callie™ Scarlet Red 08 million bells bear searing scarlet flowers all season long. (learn2grow.com)
- The numerous flowers are yellow but heavily netted and veined with orange-red, making blossoms look pure orange from a distance. (learn2grow.com)
- The flowers are slightly larger-sized flowers, more akin to petunias. (learn2grow.com)
- Vinca flowers feature a wide variety of colors, ranging from white to deep red. (gardenguides.com)
- Petunias feature trumpet-shaped flowers in a wide array of colors and variations. (gardenguides.com)
- Deep violet-blue flowers resemble mini petunias. (magicgardenplants.com)
- Petunia shock Wave is the earliest small flowering petunia 4-5cm flowers available use in hanging baskets, containers, landscaping and ground cover, they have a mounding spreading habit height 17-35cm spread 75-90cm. (nickys-nursery.co.uk)
- 4879BM Centaurea cyanus (90 days) Showy blend of blue, pink, red, white flowers with blue predominating. (fedcoseeds.com)
- Umbels of white flowers, with one dark red to black flower in the center. (wikiversity.org)
- A new Clematis plant with a compact growth habit, profuse, pink flowers, and continuous summer flowering. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Recent hybridizing makes it available in small flowers as well as large flowers, both with a trailing habit. (blogspot.com)
- Forgive the rain-splattered early flowers in this photo, but I am holding high expectations for 'Papaya' and more orange genetics in petunias in general. (awaytogarden.com)
- Petunia Super Cascade is a trailing Petunia suitable for hanging baskets with large multicoloured flowers. (ebay.co.uk)
- Although the flowers are available in pink, white, lavender, and rose shades, gardeners who choose a red variety are apt to attract hummingbirds in addition to butterflies. (thespruce.com)
- These succulents, ranging from ground-huggers to fantastical trees, send up spikes of blazing red, orange or gold flowers January through April. (mastergardenerssandiego.org)
- Glowing red tubular flowers. (mastergardenerssandiego.org)
- Petunias are well known as one of the easiest annual flowers to grow and provide long-term colour to brighten up any garden beds or borders. (jparkers.co.uk)
- Evergreen, short-lived perennials with small petunia-type flowers. (jparkers.co.uk)
- Its plant habit is more open with a few less flowers than most of the other Sophistica grandifloras, but it'll look great when it's interplanted with other petunia colors like the new Sophistica Lime Green. (blogspot.ca)
- White spots on Petunias flowers Healthy petunias have a better chance of withstanding infection and infestations than weak ones. (fpedagog.org)
- The flowers are small, subtended by a pair of conspicuous petal-like bracts, variably red, pink or white, up to 12 mm broad. (blogspot.no)
- This dramatic tea rose due to its bold color and upright habit looks stunning, it is one of the best black flowers. (balconygardenweb.com)
- Plant where drainage is good and let these brilliant gold-centered, red blossoms lure the butterflies to your garden. (magicgardenplants.com)
- Popular in our grandparent's gardens, petunias have enjoyed a revival as breeders offer new colors, better branching, and more rainproof blossoms. (thespruce.com)
- Developed by German horticultural company Dümmen, is a warm-season annual to frost-tender perennial with more upright stems that create more of a mounding plant rather than the usual spreading, sprawling growth habit. (learn2grow.com)
- Ivy geraniums spread faster and feature a vine growth habit. (gardenguides.com)
- Blue ageratum, also known as floss flower, is beloved for its sky blue shade and its tidy growth habit. (thespruce.com)
- This cousin of the petunia has more wiry stems that don't break as readily and seem to avoid infestation by tobacco budworms. (learn2grow.com)
- PETUNIA (Named from petun, Brazilian name for tobacco, to which Petunia is allied) Every one has some room for Petunias because they are the most profuse flowering of any annual. (backyardgardener.com)
- Arabesque is great for high-value quart and gallon programs and is available in four colors: appleblossom, pink, red and violet. (greenhousegrower.com)
- Available in four colors: white, rose, red and lavender. (greenhousegrower.com)
- They come in a variety of colors, including greenish-brown, reddish-brown and orange, as well as the bright red shade seen in younger mites and mite eggs. (gardenguides.com)
- These Petunias display a unique striped pattern on their petals with alternating colors of purple and white. (gardentabs.com)
- Why do some trees like gingko and birch only have yellow and gold fall colors and others like red maple and scarlet oak have orange and red fall colors? (wsu.edu)
- Although yellow and red are the 2 top selling 'mum' colors, I have to admit my favorite new variety for 2013 from their trial is Magnus Violet, which was really more in the rose-pink color range. (blogspot.ca)
- Additionally, its well-branched habit makes Starcluster a show-stopper in landscapes and in gallons or larger containers. (greenhousegrower.com)
- Indispensable for containers with trailing habit, profuse and endless bloom, and easy care. (magicgardenplants.com)
- They have a mounded habit of growth and look wonderful in containers or baskets. (gardentabs.com)
- It has a mounding and spreading habit of growth, looking great both in containers or in your garden bed. (gardentabs.com)
- This petunia will look great in containers, hanging baskets, or in your garden beds. (gardentabs.com)
- Petunia Easy Wave are more mounded and less spreading then Wave series escellent in mixed baskets, containers, they are easy to flower and look good all season height 20-30cm spread 75-90cm. (nickys-nursery.co.uk)
- Whether you're looking to add a mass of color to your garden beds or create impressive containers with curb appeal, Supertunia® Petunias are the best choice for your sunny landscape. (deeprootshgc.com)
- My MonetÂ® has a compact habit (18 inches tall) that makes it perfect for edging vegetable beds or planting in a container. (pallensmith.com)
- Growing 10-12 inches tall, with an attractive, upright, mounding habit, it is covered from late spring to frost with large (2 1/2 to 3 inch) daisies. (garden.org)
- This plant gets big (maybe a foot and a half tall and wide) and seems to tolerate sun or shade (in sun the leaves take on a redder cast). (awaytogarden.com)
- Tall Utah has dark green stalks and a very compact habit. (buygardenplantsonline.com)
- Aloe 'Cynthia Giddy' - Two-foot tall and wide rosettes with speckled leaves and tall coral-red flower spikes. (mastergardenerssandiego.org)
- Two new additions to the popular Verbena Lanai series, 'Twister Red' and 'Twister Purple' feature unique flower patterns that add excitement and value to grower and retail offerings. (greenhousegrower.com)
- The most unique and beautiful new petunia flower. (greenhousegrower.com)
- Euphorbias- flower vividly in the spring and have red/orange/yellow leaves as fall sets in. (echters.com)
- Daddy Series petunias are durable and easy to grow from seed, ideal for indoor pots, planters, window boxes, or for a charming border in the flower bed. (trueleafmarket.com)
- and referred to by the variety name 'SAKIMP035' and characterized by having bright flower color, a strong root system, and a spreading habit. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 10 in/25 cm) Top performers are matched for uniformity, flower size, plant habit and flowering time. (stokeseeds.com)
- 10 in/25 cm) Based on top performers in Goldsmith's Ultra and Storm series that are matched for uniformity, flower size, plant habit and flowering time. (stokeseeds.com)
- Worth buying (and already in flower) are the brilliant red and citrus daisies of African lampranthus . (telegraph.co.uk)
- I love some of the lantanas I'm seeing in the market now, including Luscious Citrus Blend, whose flower clusters combine red and orange and even some yellow. (awaytogarden.com)
- Night Sky is an early flower petunia variety that doesn't require long days to flower. (growertalks.com)
- Hummingbirds usually favor any flower that is certainly in the shape of a trumpet, especially if it is pink, red or purple. (creative-escape.org)
- Flower corolla an orange-red funnel 2-3 inches long. (blogspot.com)
- Fiery orange-red flower spikes. (mastergardenerssandiego.org)
- among the three main types of kratom ( red vein kratom, white vein kratom, green vein kratom), the green strain is considered to be the most " even" in terms of effects. (foryoukratomcdb.buzz)
- some significant positive impacts which all of its strains including red, white and green provide in different concentration are the psychological. (foryoukratomcdb.buzz)
- at low doses, up to around 5 g, pure red kratom, green kratom, white kratom all tend to have mostly the same effects. (foryoukratomcdb.buzz)
- so although red kratom will be slightly more calming, and white kratom is slightly more energizing, it' s the stimulation mentally and. (foryoukratomcdb.buzz)
- red, green, and white vein thai kratom is available, and the effects may vary according to color. (foryoukratomcdb.buzz)
- when thinking of green vein kratom, you' ve to mention white vein kratom and red vein kratom in the same sentence as it' s a blend of the two. (foryoukratomcdb.buzz)
- However, it can take light frost and will continue flowering as long as temperatures stay above 45° F. They add stunning crimson, purple, red, salmon, or white to a bed or container. (garden.org)
- 4849NH Symphyotrichum novi-belgii Hardy "New York" perennial asters bloom late in red, purple, bluish and white. (fedcoseeds.com)
- A sweet and tender festive combination of red- and white-stalked swiss chard. (buygardenplantsonline.com)
- Well balanced blend of Green Stem, White Stem, Golden Yellow and Red Leaf Pak Choi for babyleaf. (nickys-nursery.co.uk)
- and ruby-red (white - female) throat patch, it is one of our most beautiful hummingbirds. (fws.gov)
- This Petunia is guaranteed to twinkle in your beds and borders with their white speckled, deep blue petals, resembling stars in the night sky. (jparkers.co.uk)
- Hind wings have contrasting patches of red and black with a white band. (countrysidelandscape.net)
- Easy Wave® Red Velour doesn't reach quite as far as the older Waves, but it stands up "taller," offering a more manageable and attractive shape for hanging baskets, windowboxes, and flowerpots of all kinds! (parkseed.com)
- I currently favor the Easy Wave petunias because they have a more mounded trailing habit and don't become as leggy in late summer. (wsu.edu)
- There are some annuals with showy fruits and among them none is so much admired as the Chinese Lantern plant, which produces large, inflated, orange-red, lantern-like pods containing small, fleshy fruits much like Tomatoes. (backyardgardener.com)
- I'm working with an expanded palette of sunny-colored annuals gathered at the garden centers, including a very sexy new-ish petunia called 'Potunia Papaya,' from German breeder Dummen-Red Fox, above. (awaytogarden.com)
- This plant grows with a trailing habit that allows the plant to drape gently over the window box edges. (gardenguides.com)
- Great in a fanciful wire hanging basket paired with trailing Snaps and pink Petunias. (magicgardenplants.com)
- It has a mounding, trailing habit of growth, having the ability to reach 2 feet in length and up to a foot in height. (gardentabs.com)
- The Charm series from Proven Winners also have excellent heat tolerance and a mounded, trailing habit. (wsu.edu)
- 12 in/30 cm) F1 hybrid trailing petunia. (stokeseeds.com)
- An exceptional, early-flowering, mounding then trailing vegetative petunia, Night Sky is an excellent match to Selecta's Headliner Petunia series. (growertalks.com)
- Common native vine, climbing or trailing habit. (blogspot.com)
- Commonly known as Million Bells or Trailing Petunias. (jparkers.co.uk)
- Petunia Wave® has taken the gardening world by storm since its introduction a few years ago. (parkseed.com)
- Wave Petunias and Others: I admit to being a big fan of Wave petunias and have previously talked about them at length. (wsu.edu)
- Despite my devotion to Wave petunias, I still like to give other petunias a try. (wsu.edu)
- Analysis of Cold Acclimation Ability and Drought Tolerance of Petunia Spp. (wikipedia.org)
- These petunias are heat and drought tolerant. (gardentabs.com)
- Leaves turn bright red if not over-watered and the plant receives direct sun for most of the day, during drought or in cold temperatures1. (nurserylive.com)
- Fills garden beds faster and in high-heat Summer conditions, it lasts 2 weeks longer in the garden than other medium-habit red petunias on the market. (ballfloraplant.com)
- An updated, more petite look for weigelia, it's the perfect choice for foundation plantings, edging landscape beds and planting en masse. (deeprootshgc.com)
- Planted in summer beds, Petunia Night sky will provide a unique avalanche of vibrant colour. (jparkers.co.uk)
- Anthocyanins are the red to purple pigments in plant tissues. (wsu.edu)
- However, the red and purple pigments that show up in autumn are the result of anthocyanin production that starts as chlorophyll production slows and sugars in the leaf increase. (wsu.edu)
- and hard-to-find 'Rachel' (rich purple) and 'Charly' (medium red). (mastergardenerssandiego.org)