GuatemalaUrobilinogen: A colorless compound formed in the intestines by the reduction of bilirubin. Some is excreted in the feces where it is oxidized to urobilin. Some is reabsorbed and re-excreted in the bile as bilirubin. At times, it is re-excreted in the urine, where it may be later oxidized to urobilin.Indians, Central American: Individual members of Central American ethnic groups with ancient historic ancestral origins in Asia. Mexican Indians are not included.Food, Fortified: Any food that has been supplemented with essential nutrients either in quantities that are greater than those present normally, or which are not present in the food normally. Fortified food includes also food to which various nutrients have been added to compensate for those removed by refinement or processing. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)Child Nutrition Disorders: Disorders caused by nutritional imbalance, either overnutrition or undernutrition, occurring in children ages 2 to 12 years.Growth Disorders: Deviations from the average values for a specific age and sex in any or all of the following: height, weight, skeletal proportions, osseous development, or maturation of features. Included here are both acceleration and retardation of growth.Household Articles: Various material objects and items in the home. It includes temporary or permanent machinery and appliances. It does not include furniture or interior furnishings (FURNITURE see INTERIOR DESIGN AND FURNISHINGS; INTERIOR FURNISHINGS see INTERIOR DESIGN AND FURNISHINGS).Rural Population: The inhabitants of rural areas or of small towns classified as rural.Anthropometry: The technique that deals with the measurement of the size, weight, and proportions of the human or other primate body.Infant Nutritional Physiological Phenomena: Nutritional physiology of children from birth to 2 years of age.Infant Food: Food processed and manufactured for the nutritional health of children in their first year of life.Diarrhea, Infantile: DIARRHEA occurring in infants from newborn to 24-months old.Phytic Acid: Complexing agent for removal of traces of heavy metal ions. It acts also as a hypocalcemic agent.Eggs: Animal reproductive bodies, or the contents thereof, used as food. The concept is differentiated from OVUM, the anatomic or physiologic entity.Nutritional Status: State of the body in relation to the consumption and utilization of nutrients.Rural Health: The status of health in rural populations.Zinc: A metallic element of atomic number 30 and atomic weight 65.38. It is a necessary trace element in the diet, forming an essential part of many enzymes, and playing an important role in protein synthesis and in cell division. Zinc deficiency is associated with ANEMIA, short stature, HYPOGONADISM, impaired WOUND HEALING, and geophagia. It is known by the symbol Zn.Child Nutritional Physiological Phenomena: Nutritional physiology of children aged 2-12 years.Nutritional Requirements: The amounts of various substances in food needed by an organism to sustain healthy life.Developing Countries: Countries in the process of change with economic growth, that is, an increase in production, per capita consumption, and income. The process of economic growth involves better utilization of natural and human resources, which results in a change in the social, political, and economic structures.Diet: Regular course of eating and drinking adopted by a person or animal.Body Height: The distance from the sole to the crown of the head with body standing on a flat surface and fully extended.Breast Feeding: The nursing of an infant at the breast.Urban Population: The inhabitants of a city or town, including metropolitan areas and suburban areas.Growth: Gradual increase in the number, the size, and the complexity of cells of an individual. Growth generally results in increase in ORGAN WEIGHT; BODY WEIGHT; and BODY HEIGHT.Vitamin A: Retinol and derivatives of retinol that play an essential role in metabolic functioning of the retina, the growth of and differentiation of epithelial tissue, the growth of bone, reproduction, and the immune response. Dietary vitamin A is derived from a variety of CAROTENOIDS found in plants. It is enriched in the liver, egg yolks, and the fat component of dairy products.Energy Intake: Total number of calories taken in daily whether ingested or by parenteral routes.Body Composition: The relative amounts of various components in the body, such as percentage of body fat.Diarrhea: An increased liquidity or decreased consistency of FECES, such as running stool. Fecal consistency is related to the ratio of water-holding capacity of insoluble solids to total water, rather than the amount of water present. Diarrhea is not hyperdefecation or increased fecal weight.Regression Analysis: Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.Feces: Excrement from the INTESTINES, containing unabsorbed solids, waste products, secretions, and BACTERIA of the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM.Infant, Newborn: An infant during the first month after birth.Lawyers: Persons whose profession is to give legal advice and assistance to clients and represent them in legal matters. (American Heritage Dictionary, 3d ed)Journal Impact Factor: A quantitative measure of the frequency on average with which articles in a journal have been cited in a given period of time.Antitrust Laws: Those federal and state laws, and their enforcement, that protect trade and commerce from unlawful restraints and monopolies or unfair business practices.Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Immunity: Nonsusceptibility to the invasive or pathogenic effects of foreign microorganisms or to the toxic effect of antigenic substances.Psychoneuroimmunology: The field concerned with the interrelationship between the brain, behavior and the immune system. Neuropsychologic, neuroanatomic and psychosocial studies have demonstrated their role in accentuating or diminishing immune/allergic responses.Foxes: Any of several carnivores in the family CANIDAE, that possess erect ears and long bushy tails and are smaller than WOLVES. They are classified in several genera and found on all continents except Antarctica.Twins: Two individuals derived from two FETUSES that were fertilized at or about the same time, developed in the UTERUS simultaneously, and born to the same mother. Twins are either monozygotic (TWINS, MONOZYGOTIC) or dizygotic (TWINS, DIZYGOTIC).Diseases in Twins: Disorders affecting TWINS, one or both, at any age.History, 21st Century: Time period from 2001 through 2100 of the common era.Twins, Monozygotic: Two off-spring from the same PREGNANCY. They are from a single fertilized OVUM that split into two EMBRYOS. Such twins are usually genetically identical and of the same sex.Twins, ConjoinedMirabilis: A plant genus of the family NYCTAGINACEAE. Members contain Mirabilis antiviral protein (a ribosome-inactivating protein).Family Relations: Behavioral, psychological, and social relations among various members of the nuclear family and the extended family.Child Mortality: Number of deaths of children between one year of age to 12 years of age in a given population.Family Health: The health status of the family as a unit including the impact of the health of one member of the family on the family as a unit and on individual family members; also, the impact of family organization or disorganization on the health status of its members.Marriage: The social institution involving legal and/or religious sanction whereby individuals are joined together.Parish Nursing: A nursing specialty involving programs designed to bring wholeness and healing to a particular faith community through addressing the health needs of body, mind, and spirit. They are coordinated by registered NURSES and may involve HEALTH EDUCATION and counseling, facilitation, referral, PATIENT ADVOCACY, and health care plan interpretation, as influenced and defined by the unique needs of the congregation.Cervical Ripening: A change in the CERVIX UTERI with respect to its readiness to relax. The cervix normally becomes softer, more flexible, more distensible, and shorter in the final weeks of PREGNANCY. These cervical changes can also be chemically induced (LABOR, INDUCED).Labor, Induced: Artificially induced UTERINE CONTRACTION. Generally, LABOR, OBSTETRIC is induced with the intent to cause delivery of the fetus and termination of pregnancy.Papillomavirus Infections: Neoplasms of the skin and mucous membranes caused by papillomaviruses. They are usually benign but some have a high risk for malignant progression.Cervix Uteri: The neck portion of the UTERUS between the lower isthmus and the VAGINA forming the cervical canal.Alphapapillomavirus: A genus of DNA viruses in the family PAPILLOMAVIRIDAE. They preferentially infect the anogenital and ORAL MUCOSA in humans and primates, causing both malignant and benign neoplasms. Cutaneous lesions are also seen.
Veblen, Thomas T. (1977). "Guatemalan Conifers". Unasylva. Food and Agriculture Organization. 29 (118). Retrieved 2009-10-14. ...
A Guatemalan court authorized the extradition of Overdick to the United States on 13 June 2012, accusing him of being one of ... The Guatemalan and U.S. authorities are looking to extradite Overdick to the United States. Experts in drug trafficking, like ... "Guatemalan 'drug boss' Overdick faces US extradition". BBC News. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 15 June 2012. (in Spanish) "Tribunal ... "Major Guatemalan Drug Trafficker Linked to Los Zetas Cartel Arrested". Drug Enforcement Administration. 4 April 2012. Archived ...
Guatemalan, 0.8% Ecuadorian, 0.7% Mexican, 0.6% Salvadoran, 0.5% Cuban) (U.S. Average: 12.5%). As of the census of 2000, there ... Guatemalan, 1%; Vietnamese, 1%; South American, 1%; Spanish, 1%; Cambodian, 1%; Scottish, 1%; Cuban, 1%; Scotch-Irish, 1%; ...
Guatemalan genocide. The government forces of Guatemala and allied paramilitary groups have been condemned by the Historical ... Namely the 83% of the "fully identified" 42,275 civilians killed by human rights violations during the Guatemalan Civil War. ... as for the fully identified victims to the estimated total amount of person killed or disappeared during the Guatemalan civil ...
The Guatemalan government issued a statement claiming that its forces had entered the embassy at the request of the Spanish ... Spain was considered sympathetic to the indigenous cause, especially after the Guatemalan Army came to be suspected in the ... On January 30, 2009, the eve of the 29th anniversary of the incident, the Guatemalan government filed 3,350 criminal complaints ... ISBN 0-8166-4849-2. Manz, Beatriz (2004). Paradise in Ashes: A Guatemalan Journey of Courage, Terror, and Hope. University of ...
"Guatemalan Mora". Retrieved 23 December 2015. Data related to Inga (Fabaceae) at Wikispecies I. Edulis at FACT Net plain text[ ...
... Enriquez is one of the most important poets in Guatemalan literature. He was born in 1935 in Totonicapán, ... Nacahuil was a sample of the miserable conditions of the Guatemalan indigenous people. After a year of teaching, Arango ...
Grieb, Kenneth J. Guatemalan Caudillo: The Regime of Jorge Ubico (1979), p. 282 Griev, p. 34 Grieb, p. 270-271 Grieb, p. 42 ... A general in the Guatemalan army, he was elected to the presidency in 1931, in an election where he was the only candidate. He ... He was removed by a pro-democracy uprising in 1944, which led to the ten-year Guatemalan Revolution. Jorge Ubico was the son of ... In his book Paradox garden -El Jardín de las Paradojas, written in 1935, Guatemalan writer Efraín De los Ríos accused Police ...
"GTQ - Guatemalan Quetzal". Xe. Retrieved 31 December 2013. "Guatemalan Quetzal". Oanda. Retrieved 1 January 2014. "HTG - ...
Guatemalan. Guatemalan. Mayan. Honduras. Honduras. Nicaragua. Nicaraguan. Paraguay. Paraguayan. Peru. Peruvian. Sivia. El ...
"Ex-Guatemalan Leader Juan Jose Arevalo, 86". Chicago, Illinois: The Chicago Tribune. 8 October 1990. p. 7. Retrieved 20 June ... The limit on civil rights appears contradictory to the notion of a Guatemalan government that expresses the free will of the ... He was elected following a popular uprising against the United States-backed dictator Jorge Ubico that began the Guatemalan ... Arévalo served as the Guatemalan ambassador to Chile (1969-1970, France (1970-1972), and Israel (1978-1981). ...
Guatemalan. Guatemalan. Mayan. Haiti. Haitian. Honduras. Honduran. Nicaragua. Nicaraguan. Panama. Chiriqui. Panamanian. ...
... (2 March 1933 - 1981) was a Guatemalan sprinter. He competed in the men's 400 metres at the 1952 Summer ... "Fedérate,Expediente deportivo: La pasión olímpica corre por sus venas". Guatemalan Olympic Committee. 14 December 2015. ...
"Guatemalan Special Forces". flicker.com. Retrieved 2017-04-06. Osie Greenway. "Kurdish Peshmerga forces of 10th Brigade 3rd ...
Brother of Guatemalan writer María Josefa García Granados, who was also close friend and piano teacher of well known Guatemalan ... Quetzal: Guatemalan currency. Guatemalan Military Museum: Miguel García Granados Archived 2014-08-11 at Archive.is Reviewed on ... To Guatemalans, García Granados was known as a moderate liberal. He had compromised with Rafael Carrera, and always wanted to ... He was an influential figure in the broad sweep of 19th-century Guatemalan history. García Granados was born in Puerto de Santa ...
"Guatemalan defense minister resigns after massacre". CNN. 10 October 1995. Retrieved 2008-08-11. "President Arzu: A New Stage ... The Ministry of National Defence (Spanish: Ministerio de la Defensa de la Nación) is the agency of the Guatemalan government ... "Guatemalan Aide Resigns". New York Times. 9 August 1981. Retrieved 2008-08-11. Christian, Shirley (13 December 1991). " ... "Guatemalans Irked by U.S. Pressure in Killing". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-11. "Guatemala's De Leon". Los Angeles Times ...
Often mixed with Spanish, Punta has a widespread audience due to the immigration of Hondurans and Guatemalan to the United ... Honduran Punta has caused Belizean and Guatemalan Punta to use more Spanish due to the commercial success achieved by bands ...
Main article: Guatemalan literature. Guatemalan literature is famous around the world whether in the indigenous languages ... The Popol Vuh is the most significant work of Guatemalan literature in the Quiché language, and one of the most important of ... The 16th century saw the first native-born Guatemalan writers that wrote in Spanish. Major writers of this era include Sor ... The Jesuit Rafael Landívar (1731-1793) is considered as the first great Guatemalan poet. He was forced into exile by Carlos III ...
Guatemalan, 0.8% Ecuadorian, 0.7% Mexican, 0.6% Salvadoran, 0.5% Cuban) (U.S. Average: 12.5%). ... Guatemalan, 1%; Vietnamese, 1%; South American, 1%; Spanish, 1%; Cambodian, 1%; Scottish, 1%; Cuban, 1%; Scotch-Irish, 1%; ...
Memories of the Guatemalan Civil War and Hurricane Stan, attitudes about Lake Atitlán water, and the taste and smell of ... The Clinica was abandoned, after the massacre of thirteen Atitecos by the Guatemalan Army in 1990, leaving the town without ... The goal of GHI is to strengthen clinical services and promote community health in resource-poor Guatemalan communities. Kent ... A number of potential collaborative projects between Penn and its Guatemalan partners are being conducted or explored, ...
His Guatemalan quetzal (1925) and Panamanian balboa (1931) each exchanged for one US dollar. He was a member of the National ... Guatemalan quetzal, from Numista. Panamanian Balboa, from NGC. National Sculpture Society Membership, 1898 Rev. Charles T. ...
Cuisine: Subanik Guatemalan Stew. ...
Guatemalan CHOICE Humanitarian representatives; Javier Rabanales and Walfred de Rabanales. Liz Johnson, (wife of CHOICE ... On August 24, 2008, an Aéreo Ruta Maya Cessna Caravan 208 carrying 10 American aid workers, two Guatemalan aid agency ... "10 killed in Guatemalan plane crash " CNN 25 August 2008 "Americans die in Guatemala crash" BBCNews 25 August 2008 Associated ... who attempted to make an emergency landing according to the Guatemalan civil aviation director Jose Carlos. The aid workers ...
... guatemalensis : Guatemalan Stelis. Stelis intermedia : In-between Stelis. Stelis leinigii : Leinig's Stelis. Stelis ...
Stelis guatemalensis : Guatemalan Stelis. Stelis intermedia : In-between Stelis. Stelis leinigii : Leinig's Stelis. Stelis ...
Home News & Events Press Releases Carter Center Finds Guatemalan Women Do Not Enjoy Same Access to Information as Do Men ... Carter Center Finds Guatemalan Women Do Not Enjoy Same Access to Information as Do Men. ... GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan women face deep inequities in exercising their fundamental right of access to information, ... Women and the Right of Access to Information in Guatemala details the inequities that Guatemalan women face in attempting to ...
The impact of zinc supplementation on morbidity from diarrhea and respiratory infections among rural Guatemalan children ... Add tags for The impact of zinc supplementation on morbidity from diarrhea and respiratory infections among rural Guatemalan ... The impact of zinc supplementation on morbidity from diarrhea and respiratory infections among rural Guatemalan children. ... a Comment for The impact of zinc supplementation on morbidity from diarrhea and respiratory infections among rural Guatemalan ...
Guatemalan may refer to: Something of, from, or related to the country of Guatemala A person from Guatemala, or of Guatemalan ... For specific persons, see List of Guatemalans. Note that there is no language called "Guatemalan". See Languages of Guatemala. ... For information about the Guatemalan people, see Demographics of Guatemala and Culture of Guatemala. ...
The Guatemalan Highlands is an upland region in southern Guatemala, lying between the Sierra Madre de Chiapas to the south and ...
Forms a tall tree 35-40 m tall and 1-1.5 m dbh. It occurs in mountains at an altitudinal range of between 1,800-4,010 m where it is relatively cool and moist, and the climate is oceanic, with most precipitation occurring as rain in summer or as fog all year round (Andersen et al. 2006). It is often found on northern slopes and in humid valleys with a precipitation of up to 1,000 mm, but most stands receive 1,500-3,000 mm (CAMCORE 1985). A. guatemalensis is usually associated with several highland conifers, such as Abies religiosa, Cupressus lusitanica, Pinus ayacahuite, P. hartwegii, P. michoacana, P. montezumae and P. pseudostrobus. At lower elevations Arbutus spp., Juniperus spp. and Quercus spp. co-occur and open forest stands are dominated by Arbutus xalapensis, Baccharis vaccinioides, Cestrum guatemalense, Litsea glaucescens, Rubus trilobus, Salvia cinnabarina and Sambucus mexicana. Abies guatemalensis is usually sparsely distributed and monospecific stands occur rarely. Cone production ...
The 1995 Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF): Overview and Codebook. DRU-1538/3-NICHD. Santa Monica, CA: RAND. ... The Guatemalan Survey of Family Health, Appendix A: English Questionnaires. DRU-1538/1-NICHD. Santa Monica, CA: RAND. ...
In this sweet version of a Guatemalan national dish, pepian, pork is simmered in a hearty, complex sauce flavored with pasilla ...
Guatemalan authorities have arrested the former chief of armed forces, Hector Mario Lopez-Fuentes, on charges of genocide ... Guatemalan authorities have arrested the former chief of armed forces, Hector Mario Lopez-Fuentes, on charges of genocide ...
The Guatemalan president won office in 2015 running on a platform of honest governance after his predecessor, Otto Perez Molina ...
Juan Pablo Diaz went on a mission recently, but not quite the type of mission he expected. He wound up living the parable of the Good Samaritan - from the perspective of the beaten man. Like many of his friends in Guatemala City who were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in 1996 the young Diaz packed his white shirts and ties and postman shoes and scriptures and set off to preach the word. In his case, the destination was Panama.
Tekandi Paniagua, the Guatemalan consul in Del Rio, Texas, told The Associated Press that Nery Caal and his daughter took about ...
Lima was serving a sentence for the 1998 murder of Guatemalan Bishop Juan Jose Gerardi before he was killed in a prison riot ... Another man tied to the scheme was a lawyer representing former Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina and ex-dictator Efrain ...
Guatemalan twins born conjoined at the head celebrate their 10th birthdays -- repeatedly defying the odds against survival at ... Reaching that first double-digit age of 10 is a milestone for any kid, but for these Guatemalan twins born conjoined at the ... Reaching that first double-digit age of 10 is a milestone for any kid, but for these Guatemalan twins born conjoined at the ... Reaching that first double-digit age of 10 is a milestone for any kid, but for these Guatemalan twins born conjoined at the ...
Federal immigration officials have released a Guatemalan mother of two young children after an outcry by her supporters in ... PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Federal immigration officials have released a Guatemalan mother of two young children after an outcry ...
Guatemalan immigration authorities detained him Wednesday. *McAfees lawyer has filed a request for asylum with the Guatemalan ... Guatemalan official: McAfee detained, could be deported to Belize. From Miguel Salay, for CNN ... Software mogul John McAfee could be deported to Belize on Thursday after being detained by immigration officials, a Guatemalan ... McAfees lawyer, Telesforo Guerra, filed a formal request for asylum with Guatemalan officials Wednesday. He said McAfee left ...
A Guatemalan national confessed to smuggling heroin via Newark Liberty International Airport by concealing the drugs in ... Guatemalan Pleads Guilty to Smuggling Chocolate-Covered Heroin. AP Photo/Larry Crowe. Bob Price. 31 Oct 2017. Newark, NJ. A ... The Guatemalan national arrived as a passenger on a commercial airliner when he flew from Guatemala City to New Jersey on June ... Guatemalan national confessed to smuggling heroin into the U.S. via Newark Liberty International Airport. He thought he would ...
Guatemalans shocked by girls violent deaths. From Rafael Romo, CNN Senior Latin American Affairs Editor ...
Determined to fight one of the most preventable diseases among children-dental caries (cavities)-California State University, Northridge professor Terri Lisagor led a team of students in November to rural Guatemala to teach families there about nutrition and oral hygiene and to be a part of a team that provides basic dental services. Lisagor, acting chair of CSUNs Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, and three of her students, spent two weeks traveling along Guatemalas Rio Dulce river, as part of an international effort to improve the health of the regions residents. See the video and read more in CSUN Today.. ...
A 22-year-old Guatemalan asylum-seeker died in custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at a downtown Fort Worth ... Guatemalan asylum-seeker dies in ICE custody in Fort Worth hospital. "We are heartbroken. We want justice. She is not the first ... Guatemalan diplomatic officials could not be reached for comment. ICE said they had been contacted, as well as the young ... She is not the first Guatemalan to die...We want justice.". Added her brother Jimmy Ochoa, "She was such a very kind person. I ...
Data Download for the Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF). Data Download for the Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF ... The 1995 Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF). (overview and codebook). expndpgm.zip. (zip archive with Stata do files ... The Guatemalan Survey of Family Health, Appendix A. (English questionnaires). Encuesta Guatemalteca de Salud Familiar (EGSF), ...
Guatemalan Domestic Workers Reveal a Dirty Business. By: Louisa Reynolds , May 4, 2015. LikeTweet EmailPrint More * More on ... Hers is the story of thousands of Guatemalan women.. Centracap, a local advocacy group, estimates 186,000 domestic workers are ... Would you like to Send Along a Link of This Story? http://womensenews.org/2015/05/guatemalan-domestic-workers-reveal-a-dirty- ... Womens eNews (https://womensenews.org/2015/05/guatemalan-domestic-workers-reveal-a-dirty-business/) ...
Guatemalans elsewhere follow live Twitter feeds, streaming Internet video and daily newspaper stories.. Witnesses who were very ... Guatemalan genocide survivors take stand at Ríos Montt trial. by Mary Jo McConahay ... The genocide trial is the culmination of years of work and pressure by Guatemalan survivors, along with their allies in local ... Washington then authorized the sale of spare parts that gave new life to Guatemalan "Huey" helicopters and A-37 aircraft, the ...
... (ICPSR 2344) Principal Investigator(s): Pebley, Anne R.; Goldman, Noreen ... The Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF) was undertaken to investigate the health of children under the age of five and ... The Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF) was undertaken to investigate the health of children under the age of five and ... Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF), 1995. ICPSR02344-v2. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and ...
Border crisis from the other side: One Guatemalan mothers journey The story of Maria Vicentes trek to the US from Guatemala ... A Guatemalan woman stands inside a dormitory in the Artesia Family Residential Center, a federal detention facility for ... The van, jampacked with Guatemalans, stopped in the remote town of Gracias a Dios. Without the legal documents that would allow ... a local Guatemalan who provides orientation to the newcomers. ... where some 40 other Guatemalans scurried in and out of a hotel. ...
Oscar Padilla, the Guatemalan consul in Phoenix, said he was told by the boys father in a telephone interview that the two had ... US says 2nd Guatemalan child dies in immigration custody. 2018-12-26 06:57 ... A 7-year-old Guatemalan girl died earlier this month after being apprehended by border agents in New Mexico. The body of the ... US Customs and Border Protection said the boy - identified by the Guatemalan consul in Phoenix as Felipe Gómez Alonzo - had ...
GUATEMALA CITYCustodyGuatemalaJakelin CaalRural Guatemalan Women2017OfficialsConsulAlvaro ColomSyphilisAuthoritiesMinistryImmunityConsulateAntiguaBelizeansMexicanChildren'sCorruption19982018XateZetasCounterpartsGovernmentCitizensGuerrillaArmyNonprofitGuatemala'sTraditionsInvestigationPrisonersFamiliesBelizeFacadeCongressionalWomenGuilty2019IncidenceGirlHealthChildrenSpanishPeopleMonthSectorPresidentEnglishEffectively
- A 22-year-old Guatemalan asylum-seeker died in custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at a downtown Fort Worth hospital. (dallasnews.com)
- GUATEMALA CITY (AP) - The father of an 8-year-old Guatemalan boy who died in U.S. custody took his son to the border after hearing rumors that parents and their children would be allowed to migrate to the United States and escape the poverty in their homeland, the boy's stepsister told The Associated Press. (wtop.com)
- Another Guatemalan child, 7-year-old Jakelin Caal, died in U.S. custody on Dec. 8. (wtop.com)
- Castro and his fellow Democratic colleagues pointed to two Guatemalan children who were ill and died in December while in federal custody. (nbclosangeles.com)
- On Wednesday, the Guatemalan Defense Ministry reported that four of the men in custody were deserters from the Guatemalan military. (nytimes.com)
- Over 20 current and former Guatemalan tax officials have been taken into custody for corruption. (whus.org)
- CNN) - An 8-year-old Guatemalan boy died Christmas morning in the custody of US Customs and Border Protection, the agency said. (whnt.com)
- He is the second Guatemalan child to die in CBP custody this month. (whnt.com)
- An 8-year-old Guatemalan boy died late Christmas Eve in the custody of US Customs and Border Protection, the agency said, the second Guatemalan child to die in the agency's custody this month. (wreg.com)
- Gomez Alonzo was the second Guatemalan migrant child to die while in U.S. custody in December, with an autopsy released on Friday revealing that the other child, 7-year-old Jakelin Caal Maquin, who died on December 8, had also died from a bacterial infection. (newsweek.com)
- An autopsy report released Friday has revealed the cause of death of the 7-year-old Guatemalan girl who died after being taken into US Customs and Border Protection custody late last year. (fox2now.com)
- An 8-year-old Guatemalan boy died while in U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) custody early Christmas morning, the federal agency announced later on Tuesday. (dailycaller.com)
- Under Guatemalan law, he will be automatically removed from office if remanded in custody by a judge. (ticotimes.net)
- An 8-year-old Guatemalan boy who died in U.S. custody on Christmas Eve tested positive for influenza B, according to the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator. (lavozarizona.com)
- CNN) -- The 8-year-old Guatemalan migrant who died on Christmas Eve in the custody of US Customs and Border Protection had the flu, according to the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator. (abc57.com)
- Felipe was the second Guatemalan child to die in US border patrol custody this month. (abc57.com)
- Guatemalan authorities said Monday, April 1, 2019, the 8-year-old boy in custody of the U.S. border patrol on Christmas Eve died of the flu and a bacterial infection. (westernjournal.com)
- Gomez was the second Guatemalan migrant child to die in U.S. custody in December. (westernjournal.com)
- YUMA, Ariz. (FOX 10/AP) - Officials say an 8-year-old Guatemalan girl who is in the custody of Yuma Sector Border Patrol previously diagnosed measles underwent further testing and received a corrected diagnosis of Strep throat on Thursday. (fox10phoenix.com)
- Guatemalan may refer to: Something of, from, or related to the country of Guatemala A person from Guatemala, or of Guatemalan descent. (wikipedia.org)
- For information about the Guatemalan people, see Demographics of Guatemala and Culture of Guatemala. (wikipedia.org)
- 1997. Comadronas y Proveedores Formales en la Atención del Embarazo, Parto, y Postparto en Cuatro Comunidades Rurales de Guatemala. (rand.org)
- 2001. Atención Prenatal en Areas Rurales de Cuatro Departamentos de Guatemala: Resultados de la Encuesta Guatemalteca de Salud Familiar , 1995. (rand.org)
- The Guatemalan Highlands is an upland region in southern Guatemala, lying between the Sierra Madre de Chiapas to the south and the Petén lowlands to the north. (wikipedia.org)
- The Guatemalan national arrived as a passenger on a commercial airliner when he flew from Guatemala City to New Jersey on June 11. (breitbart.com)
- The Guatemalan community quickly mobilized via a Guatemala-based television stations to help the Ochoa family raise funds to send the body of the young woman back to her family in the mountain town of El Porvenir, Guatemala. (dallasnews.com)
- The Guatemalan Survey of Family Health (EGSF) was undertaken to investigate the health of children under the age of five and women during pregnancy and childbirth residing in 60 communities within the departments (geopolitical units) of Chimaltenango, Suchitepequez, Totonicapan, and Jalapa in Guatemala. (umich.edu)
- Oscar Padilla, the Guatemalan consul in Phoenix, said he was told by the boy's father in a telephone interview that the two had been traveling from their home in Nentón, a village about 450km from Guatemala City. (news24.com)
- Support Guatemalan Children by purchasing their Handicrafts directly from the most indigenous town on Lago Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (spanglefish.com)
- Apoyo a los Niños de Guatemala mediante la compra de sus artesanías directamente de la ciudad la mayoría de indígenas en el Lago de Atitlán, Sololá, Guatemala. (spanglefish.com)
- El sistema de financiamiento de campañas en Guatemala es uno de los menos regulados del hemisferio occidental. (cartercenter.org)
- El reporte examina la legislación y prácticas del financiamiento de campañas en Guatemala, donde no se limitan las donaciones privadas ni se requiere su divulgación, y son insignificantes los fondos públicos como contrapeso a la influencia del dinero privado. (cartercenter.org)
- En Guatemala, se llevaron a cabo elecciones nacionales el 9 de noviembre de 2003 y habrá una segunda vuelta en diciembre para decidir la presidencia. (cartercenter.org)
- Este es el primero en una serie de informes especiales sobre el financiamiento de campañas y los derechos humanos, los cuales serán publicados durante los meses venideros por la oficina de observación electoral del Centro Carter en Guatemala. (cartercenter.org)
- Established in 2006 and implemented in 2007 with help from the United Nations, La Comisión Internacional Contra la Impunidad en Guatemala, or the International Commission Against Impunity in Guatemala ( CICIG ), has forced unprecedented levels of accountability upon politicians. (coha.org)
- GUATEMALA CITY - A special congressional commission on Saturday recommended the removal of Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina's immunity from criminal prosecution due to his alleged involvement in a massive customs fraud case that has brought the administration to the brink of collapse . (ticotimes.net)
- this means either they themselves are Guatemalan immigrants or they trace their family ancestry to Guatemala. (pewresearch.org)
- Members of a group of 228 Guatemalan immigrants deported from the United States arrive at the Air Force base in Guatemala City, on Jan. 10, 2018. (theepochtimes.com)
- Belize's ambassador to Guatemala has said that the Belize military may begin patrolling the Guatemalan side of the border in order to better combat a "spillover" of drug-related crime. (insightcrime.org)
- In part because Guatemala still maintains a territorial claim on part of Belize, in the past Guatemalans have entered the country and settled there illegally, sparking tensions between the two countries. (insightcrime.org)
- In another notorious case, alleged Guatemalan drug trafficker Otoniel Turcios Marroquin was arrested in the border town of San Ignacio on October 25, 2010, and extradited to Guatemala three days later. (insightcrime.org)
- LA LUCHA, Guatemala -- Reports of fighting between leftist rebels and army troops have increasingly reached the public, piercing an image that Guatemalan guerrilla forces had been reduced to small isolated groups of bandits staging sporadic attacks in remote areas of the country. (sun-sentinel.com)
- GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemalan women face deep inequities in exercising their fundamental right of access to information, according to a new study from The Carter Center's Global Access to Information Initiative. (cartercenter.org)
- Women and the Right of Access to Information in Guatemala details the inequities that Guatemalan women face in attempting to access information and the importance of information for women's economic empowerment and the protection and exercise of other rights. (cartercenter.org)
- Well first of all the Guatemala Embassy says that is not state oil but definitely it's a Guatemalan company. (ambergriscaye.com)
- The Guatemalan government has been notified and is in touch with the father and family members in Guatemala, CBP said. (whnt.com)
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina speaks at a news conference at the presidential palace in Guatemala City, on Aug. 31, 2015. (ticotimes.net)
- Guatemalans celebrate after Congress voted unanimously to strip President Otto Pérez Molina's immunity in Guatemala City, on Sept. 1, 2015, clearing the way for him to be prosecuted over allegations that he masterminded a massive corruption scheme. (ticotimes.net)
- The ship campaign, a joint action brought together by Women on Waves and Guatemalan organisations, aims to highlight the violation of human rights caused by the existing abortion laws in Guatemala. (womenonwaves.org)
- Adriana Beltran, a Guatemala analyst at the Washington Office on Latin America, said the investigations and Tuesday's vote send a "remarkable" message to Guatemalans about political reform and the rule of law: "That you can make it work following due process and respecting human rights, and that those that at one point were considered untouchable can be brought to justice. (townhall.com)
- Guatemala Adoption Information and News: The Guatemalan Perspective. (guatadopt.com)
- 1 Programa de la Iniciativa del Corredor del Jaguar en Guatemala, Panthera. (scielo.org.mx)
- Los individuos eran de ocho especies (cinco migratorias y tres residentes), las observamos en tres localidades distintas de Guatemala. (scielo.org.mx)
- Data from the INCAP longitudinal study and 1996-1999 follow-up were used to explore the association of total and timing of gestational weight gain (GWG) with postpartum weight retention (PWR) and the risk of developing overweight and obesity at 6 months postpartum in rural Guatemalan women. (cornell.edu)
- In 2017, however, Guatemalans who this time began to become outraged at continued government corruption not only organized, but also pressured criminal politicians-such as Jimmy Morales-out of power and into the legal system. (coha.org)
- 4 Guatemalan politicians in 2017 began to feel the heat of protesters like never before, and these protesters have gained a sense of hope and purpose after the successes of CICIG . (coha.org)
- On June 7, 2017, just three months after the public protests against President Morales were heard first, the United States formally sought the extradition of Baldetti, the ex-Guatemalan vice president. (coha.org)
- PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Federal immigration officials have released a Guatemalan mother of two young children after an outcry by her supporters in Rhode Island. (washingtontimes.com)
- Software mogul John McAfee could be deported to Belize on Thursday after being detained by immigration officials, a Guatemalan official said. (cnn.com)
- McAfee's lawyer, Telesforo Guerra, filed a formal request for asylum with Guatemalan officials Wednesday. (cnn.com)
- Guatemalan diplomatic officials could not be reached for comment. (dallasnews.com)
- We will continue to vigorously fight for the rights of the Guatemalans wronged in this matter to obtain a remedy for the harms done by U.S. officials," plaintiffs' attorney Terrence Collingsworth said in a statement in response to the filing. (nhregister.com)
- Guatemalan officials said last month that they have found 2,082 people were involved in the experiments conducted from 1946-1948 to infect subjects with syphilis, gonorrhea or chancroid. (nhregister.com)
- The ministry said CBP alerted Guatemalan officials of the death on Tuesday. (wreg.com)
- She said the family had received a phone call from a Guatemalan consular representative but government officials have not visited or offered assistance. (abc57.com)
- Tekandi Paniagua, the Guatemalan consul in Del Rio, Texas, told The Associated Press that Nery Caal and his daughter took about a week to reach the U.S. border. (yahoo.com)
- US Customs and Border Protection said the boy - identified by the Guatemalan consul in Phoenix as Felipe Gómez Alonzo - had shown "signs of potential illness" on Monday and was taken with his father to a hospital in Alamogordo, New Mexico. (news24.com)
- Oscar Padilla, the Guatemalan consul in Phoenix, told The Associated Press that authorities had not been able to establish exactly when or where the two children became infected. (newsweek.com)
- Oscar Padilla, Guatemalan consul in Phoenix, Arizona, told The Associated Pres that a report on the autopsy of Felipe Gomez Alonzo was delivered in recent days and had found he died from the infection and "complications from influenza B. (westernjournal.com)
- Guatemalan President Alvaro Colom said he wants the U.S. government to compensate six survivors who have been identified. (nhregister.com)
- White House spokesman Robert Gibbs called the discovery 'reprehensible,' and President Obama even picked up the phone to call Guatemalan President Alvaro Colom and offer a verbal apology. (bibliotecapleyades.net)
- Carried out by a government-employed doctor working in a psychiatric hospital, these experiments involved intentionally infecting Guatemalans with syphilis (and other STDs ) without their knowledge in order to determine the effectiveness of penicillin. (bibliotecapleyades.net)
- It would appear that The Rockefeller Foundation, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Johns Hopkins, and US aid groups conspire to infect Guatemalans with syphilis to test penicillin. (rechargebiomedical.com)
- Guatemalan authorities have arrested the former chief of armed forces, Hector Mario Lopez-Fuentes, on charges of genocide committed during the country's civil war that raged for more than three decades from 1960 to 1996. (ibtimes.com)
- Authorities notified the Guatemalan Consulate about Jakelin's death. (newschannel5.com)
- MEXICO CITY, Sept. 29 - The Ministry of Defense reported this week that a feared organization of hit men that was started by corrupt officers of the Mexican military had forged an alliance with deserters from an elite Guatemalan military unit to help the Mexicans fight for control of drug-trafficking routes across the United States border. (nytimes.com)
- Col. Jorge Antonio Ortega Gaytán, a spokesman for the Guatemalan ministry, said in an interview on Thursday that an explosives expert, a driver trained in defense tactics and a squad leader were among the deserters. (nytimes.com)
- The Guatemalan foreign ministry called for an investigation 'in accordance with due process. (kstp.com)
- The training took place on the waters of the Dulce River in the northern department of Izabal, according to Lieutenant Colonel Karen Pérez, spokesperson for the Guatemalan Ministry of Defense. (dialogo-americas.com)
- If the supply of materials continues as optimally as it has, and provided that there aren't any issues, we think that the housing units will be ready by the first week of August," said Colonel Oscar Pérez Figueroa, head of the Press Office of the Guatemalan Ministry of Defense. (dialogo-americas.com)
- With the materials supplied by the Guatemalan Ministry of Social Development and regional charitable organizations, service members prepared the land, mixed concrete, and set up walls, plumbing, and other elements. (dialogo-americas.com)
- The Office of Development for Affordable Housing at the Guatemalan Ministry of Communications, Infrastructure, and Housing assigns families to shelter units. (dialogo-americas.com)
- Attorneys for the Guatemalans said the immunity assertion contradicts the apologies made by Obama and his advisers. (nhregister.com)
- He resigned on September 2 after the Guatemalan congress stripped him of immunity due to corruption charges against him. (rt.com)
- A Guatemalan judge Tuesday barred President Otto Pérez Molina from leaving the country, hours after he was stripped of his immunity due to his alleged role in a customs fraud, the prosecutor's office said. (ticotimes.net)
- The Guatemalan Consulate in Phoenix said in a statement that Felipe's father was able to see his son's body Friday at the medical investigator's office in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and said goodbye. (abc57.com)
- The father has been in the care of the Guatemalan Consulate since Friday morning, it added, and he's being given assistance as his migration case goes forward. (abc57.com)
- The men who were captured had six automatic machine guns and the equivalent of about $100,000 in Mexican and Guatemalan currencies. (nytimes.com)
- Much like the Mexican border along the Guatemalan state of Alta Verapaz, porous enough for the Zetas to enter and consolidate themselves in the region, traffickers also frequently exploit the Belizean border with Peten. (insightcrime.org)
- As this is virgin territory from an entomological standpoint, it seems worthwhile to make a brief report on what was found, particularly because Anopheles darlingi was discovered on Mexican territory, and also because we obtained the first records of the presence of Chagasia bathanus and A. strodei in the Guatemalan Republic. (ajtmh.org)
- Harvesting of the species is prohibited under Mexican and Guatemalan law. (forestlegality.org)
- A community-based, randomized, double-blind intervention trial was conducted to measure the impact of zinc supplementation on young Guatemalan children's morbidity from diarrhea and respiratory infections. (nih.gov)
- Children's Publisher Goops Unlimited and Guatemalan Nonprofit "Help Me Paint My Future" are partnering for the release of a children's book based on a popular Guatemalan Folktale from San Pedro la Laguna. (prlog.org)
- April 27, 2012 - PRLog -- Guatemalan Nonprofit organization "Help Me Paint My Future" will release their new children's book The Night The Animals Danced in partnership with the children's publishing company Goops Unlimited May 15th, 2012. (prlog.org)
- Eco-traffickers often enter Belize from the Guatemalan side, hunting animals and poaching flora like the xate palm in the country's largest national park, the Chiquibul. (insightcrime.org)
- The Belize Chiquibul National Park is still being destructed by Guatemalans crossing the boarder amongst others to harvest the attractive Xate leaves for the International Floral Industry. (ambergriscaye.com)
- The Guatemalan trespassers cut xate, hunt animals, log, and even clear the forests to plant corn and grow cattle. (ambergriscaye.com)
- Lieutenant Manuel Alejandro Calderón Ramírez, member of the Colombian Marine Corps who was part of the team that trained their Guatemalan counterparts, said that the intention of the river operations course is for the Guatemalan Navy to be able to apply the training to all of the country's navigable rivers. (dialogo-americas.com)
- Deployed in mid-June for a six-month mission in Central America, SPMAGTF-SC carries on the U.S. military's helping hand to their Guatemalan counterparts after the volcano disaster. (dialogo-americas.com)
- The agency said the cause of the boy's death has not been determined and that it has notified the Department of Homeland Security's inspector general and the Guatemalan government. (news24.com)
- As an officially registered Guatemalan non-profit Asociación , the design of the Ayuda program is based on an extreme over-population of street animals, and caring citizens , businesses , schools , local and national government agencies, and other nonprofit organizations which share our philosophies and goals. (spanglefish.com)
- Through in-country lobbying with government Ministers and agencies, Ayuda supports and encourages the inclusion of WSPA's Humane Education programs into Guatemalan school curriculums as new standards. (spanglefish.com)
- Guatemala's Minister of Government admitted that an elite group of prisoners are enjoying privileges in Guatemalan jails, another example of the region's dysfunctional penal system. (insightcrime.org)
- The Carter Center looks forward to continuing to work with its committed partners in government and civil society to advance a meaningful right of access to information for all Guatemalans, particularly women," said Laura Neuman, director of the Global Access to Information Initiative. (cartercenter.org)
- The Guatemalan government was notified immediately following the child's death. (cbp.gov)
- Two weeks ago the Guatemalan government authorized San Rafael mine to begin an "underground mining" exploitation project to extract silver, despite the rejection of the communities affected. (radiomundoreal.fm)
- The outrage against this inhumane medical science experiment is reflected in mainstream news headlines across the globe, and the Guatemalan government now characterizes this sad chapter in U.S. history as a 'crime against humanity. (bibliotecapleyades.net)
- The U.S. medical experiments on Guatemalan citizens, you see, barely scratch the surface of the criminal experiments the U.S. government and the medical industry has carried out on innocent victims over the last century. (bibliotecapleyades.net)
- The Guatemalan government started the construction process at the end of June with the support of Latin American non-profit organization TECHO, dedicated to building emergency shelters. (dialogo-americas.com)
- The Guatemalan government hoped to make ATUs available immediately upon completion. (dialogo-americas.com)
- Nearly one-quarter of Guatemalan immigrants (23%) are U.S. citizens. (pewresearch.org)
- These actions not only have no legal grounds but also constitute a serious breach of the International Convention of the Sea, freedom of expression (Article 18 of the International Declaration of Human Rights), freedom of movement and Guatemalan citizens' right to movement. (womenonwaves.org)
- Likewise, the guerrilla phase of the Guatemalan revolution during the 1960s and early 1970s was largely Ladino, the dominant ideology being Marxist. (culturalsurvival.org)
- The guerrilla umbrella organization known by its Spanish acronym URNG, or Guatemalan National Revolutionary Unity, said in a communique that its military forces had been on the defensive last year but were getting ready to take offensive action this year. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The Guatemalan army has declared they will denounce the abortion ship, which has no legal grounds. (womenonwaves.org)
- IMG_6516.JPG IMG_6517.JPG IMG_6517.JPG Despite the fact that the abortion ship has followed all regulations, the ship was detained and the Guatemalan army has promised to denounce the boat and are now obstructing a lawful protest against the State's restrictions on the Guatemalan women's right to safe abortion. (womenonwaves.org)
- This training has been very important because it helps us fulfill our vision of being the most well-trained strategic brigade of the Guatemalan Army,' he said. (dialogo-americas.com)
- Guatemalan Army fights against drug trafficking Jorge Chinchilla, spokesperson for Guatemala's National Civil Police (PNC), said, 'The Army supports us in two ways: through the Special Naval Force, since neither the PNC nor the Public Prosecutor's Office has the ships to pursue drug traffickers in open sea, and they also collaborate with patrols through the Chortí and Tecún Umán task forces. (dialogo-americas.com)
- The Guatemalan Army Corps of Engineers' housing construction project received backing from the U.S. military. (dialogo-americas.com)
- Hundreds of Guatemalan Army troops, such as the Corps of Engineers, the Second Infantry Brigade, Mariscal Zavala Military Brigade, and the Military Police Brigade took part in the construction of ATUs. (dialogo-americas.com)
- Guatemalan families rely on selling such crafts to survive, most families struggle with meeting the weekly costs of sending their children to school. (spanglefish.com)
- Large numbers of Guatemalan families have been arriving in recent weeks in New Mexico, often in remote and dangerous parts of the desert. (kstp.com)
- Belize borders the Guatemalan state Peten, whose governor has called for an emergency crackdown against drug traffickers, similarly to the "state of siege" declared last year in Alta Verapaz. (insightcrime.org)
- Island oil is allegedly a subsidiary of the Guatemalan state oil company Petdegua which is a super majority shareholder in the Belize registered company. (ambergriscaye.com)
- Yet the United States revoked Edgar Galvez`s visa in May on grounds that he is himself a kind of clown, that underneath the garish nouveau riche facade of a hugely successful Guatemalan businessman is a suspected narcotics dealer unfit for American society. (sun-sentinel.com)
- What we've done is taken a Guatemalan company under the facade and made them a Belizean citizen and I am saying that is unconstitutionally wrong because we can go to our different sections of the constitution that speaks to that. (ambergriscaye.com)
- LAKE CHARLES, La. - Drug Enforcement (DEA) Assistant Special Agent in Charge Joseph W. Shepherd and United States Attorney Stephanie A. Finley announced that, after a two-day trial, a federal jury found a Guatemalan guilty of conspiracy and possession with intent to distribute more than $1.5 million worth of cocaine and $75,000 worth of methamphetamine. (dea.gov)
- Jose Gabriel Mendez, 35, a Guatemalan living in Texas, was found guilty of one count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine and methamphetamine, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, and one count of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine. (dea.gov)
- A Guatemalan woman stands inside a dormitory in the Artesia Family Residential Center, a federal detention facility for undocumented immigrant mothers and children in Artesia, N.M. (csmonitor.com)
- Impact of zinc supplementation on morbidity from diarrhea and respiratory infections among rural Guatemalan children. (nih.gov)
- More than four-in-ten Guatemalans (43%) speak English proficiently. (pewresearch.org)
- 2 Some 57% of Guatemalans ages 5 and older report speaking English less than very well, compared with 34% of all Hispanics. (pewresearch.org)
- This includes Guatemalans ages 5 and older who report speaking only English at home or speaking English very well. (pewresearch.org)