Wood: A product of hard secondary xylem composed of CELLULOSE, hemicellulose, and LIGNANS, that is under the bark of trees and shrubs. It is used in construction and as a source of CHARCOAL and many other products.Cereals: Seeds from grasses (POACEAE) which are important in the diet.Triticum: A plant genus of the family POACEAE that is the source of EDIBLE GRAIN. A hybrid with rye (SECALE CEREALE) is called TRITICALE. The seed is ground into FLOUR and used to make BREAD, and is the source of WHEAT GERM AGGLUTININS.Seeds: The encapsulated embryos of flowering plants. They are used as is or for animal feed because of the high content of concentrated nutrients like starches, proteins, and fats. Rapeseed, cottonseed, and sunflower seed are also produced for the oils (fats) they yield.Dust: Earth or other matter in fine, dry particles. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Zea mays: A plant species of the family POACEAE. It is a tall grass grown for its EDIBLE GRAIN, corn, used as food and animal FODDER.Animal Feed: Foodstuff used especially for domestic and laboratory animals, or livestock.Pollen: The fertilizing element of plants that contains the male GAMETOPHYTES.Hordeum: A plant genus of the family POACEAE. The EDIBLE GRAIN, barley, is widely used as food.Pinus: A plant genus in the family PINACEAE, order Pinales, class Pinopsida, division Coniferophyta. They are evergreen trees mainly in temperate climates.Trees: Woody, usually tall, perennial higher plants (Angiosperms, Gymnosperms, and some Pterophyta) having usually a main stem and numerous branches.Oryza sativa: Annual cereal grass of the family POACEAE and its edible starchy grain, rice, which is the staple food of roughly one-half of the world's population.Lignin: The most abundant natural aromatic organic polymer found in all vascular plants. Lignin together with cellulose and hemicellulose are the major cell wall components of the fibers of all wood and grass species. Lignin is composed of coniferyl, p-coumaryl, and sinapyl alcohols in varying ratios in different plant species. (From Merck Index, 11th ed)Food Handling: Any aspect of the operations in the preparation, processing, transport, storage, packaging, wrapping, exposure for sale, service, or delivery of food.Plant Stems: Parts of plants that usually grow vertically upwards towards the light and support the leaves, buds, and reproductive structures. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)Xylem: Plant tissue that carries water up the root and stem. Xylem cell walls derive most of their strength from LIGNIN. The vessels are similar to PHLOEM sieve tubes but lack companion cells and do not have perforated sides and pores.Trichothecenes: Usually 12,13-epoxytrichothecenes, produced by Fusaria, Stachybotrys, Trichoderma and other fungi, and some higher plants. They may contaminate food or feed grains, induce emesis and hemorrhage in lungs and brain, and damage bone marrow due to protein and DNA synthesis inhibition.SmokeAnimal Nutritional Physiological Phenomena: Nutritional physiology of animals.Diet: Regular course of eating and drinking adopted by a person or animal.Plant Proteins: Proteins found in plants (flowers, herbs, shrubs, trees, etc.). The concept does not include proteins found in vegetables for which VEGETABLE PROTEINS is available.Biomass: Total mass of all the organisms of a given type and/or in a given area. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990) It includes the yield of vegetative mass produced from any given crop.Sorghum: A plant genus of the family POACEAE. The grain is used for FOOD and for ANIMAL FEED. This should not be confused with KAFFIR LIME or with KEFIR milk product.Mycotoxins: Toxic compounds produced by FUNGI.Fusarium: A mitosporic Hypocreales fungal genus, various species of which are important parasitic pathogens of plants and a variety of vertebrates. Teleomorphs include GIBBERELLA.Rumen: The first stomach of ruminants. It lies on the left side of the body, occupying the whole of the left side of the abdomen and even stretching across the median plane of the body to the right side. It is capacious, divided into an upper and a lower sac, each of which has a blind sac at its posterior extremity. The rumen is lined by mucous membrane containing no digestive glands, but mucus-secreting glands are present in large numbers. Coarse, partially chewed food is stored and churned in the rumen until the animal finds circumstances convenient for rumination. When this occurs, little balls of food are regurgitated through the esophagus into the mouth, and are subjected to a second more thorough mastication, swallowed, and passed on into other parts of the compound stomach. (From Black's Veterinary Dictionary, 17th ed)Dietary Fiber: The remnants of plant cell walls that are resistant to digestion by the alimentary enzymes of man. It comprises various polysaccharides and lignins.Occupational Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents that occurs as a result of one's occupation.Inhalation Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents by inhaling them.Nitrogen: An element with the atomic symbol N, atomic number 7, and atomic weight [14.00643; 14.00728]. Nitrogen exists as a diatomic gas and makes up about 78% of the earth's atmosphere by volume. It is a constituent of proteins and nucleic acids and found in all living cells.Silage: Fodder converted into succulent feed for livestock through processes of anaerobic fermentation (as in a silo).Air Pollution, Indoor: The contamination of indoor air.Cosmetic Techniques: Procedures for the improvement or enhancement of the appearance of the visible parts of the body.Color: The visually perceived property of objects created by absorption or reflection of specific wavelengths of light.Epoxy Resins: Polymeric resins derived from OXIRANES and characterized by strength and thermosetting properties. Epoxy resins are often used as dental materials.Composite Resins: Synthetic resins, containing an inert filler, that are widely used in dentistry.Materials Testing: The testing of materials and devices, especially those used for PROSTHESES AND IMPLANTS; SUTURES; TISSUE ADHESIVES; etc., for hardness, strength, durability, safety, efficacy, and biocompatibility.Rejuvenation: The phenomenon of youthfulness, vitality, and freshness being restored. This can apply to appearance, TISSUES, organ functions, or other areas.Sensory Deprivation: The absence or restriction of the usual external sensory stimuli to which the individual responds.Myopia: A refractive error in which rays of light entering the EYE parallel to the optic axis are brought to a focus in front of the RETINA when accommodation (ACCOMMODATION, OCULAR) is relaxed. This results from an overly curved CORNEA or from the eyeball being too long from front to back. It is also called nearsightedness.Hyperopia: A refractive error in which rays of light entering the eye parallel to the optic axis are brought to a focus behind the retina, as a result of the eyeball being too short from front to back. It is also called farsightedness because the near point is more distant than it is in emmetropia with an equal amplitude of accommodation. (Dorland, 27th ed)Contact Lenses: Lenses designed to be worn on the front surface of the eyeball. (UMDNS, 1999)Lenses: Pieces of glass or other transparent materials used for magnification or increased visual acuity.Eye: The organ of sight constituting a pair of globular organs made up of a three-layered roughly spherical structure specialized for receiving and responding to light.Catalogs, LibraryCatalogs as Topic: Ordered compilations of item descriptions and sufficient information to afford access to them.Floors and Floorcoverings: The surface of a structure upon which one stands or walks.Catalogs, UnionCARD Signaling Adaptor Proteins: A family of intracellular signaling adaptor proteins that contain caspase activation and recruitment domains. Proteins that contain this domain play a role in APOPTOSIS-related signal transduction by associating with other CARD domain-containing members and in activating INITIATOR CASPASES that contain CARD domains within their N-terminal pro-domain region.Raccoons: Carnivores of the genus Procyon of the family PROCYONIDAE. Two subgenera and seven species are currently recognized. They range from southern Canada to Panama and are found in several of the Caribbean Islands.Raccoon Dogs: The lone species in the genus Nyctereutes, family CANIDAE. It is found in the woodland zone from southeastern Siberia to Vietnam and on the main islands of Japan.Rabies: Acute VIRAL CNS INFECTION affecting mammals, including humans. It is caused by RABIES VIRUS and usually spread by contamination with virus-laden saliva of bites inflicted by rabid animals. Important animal vectors include the dog, cat, bat, fox, raccoon, skunk, and wolf.Rabies virus: The type species of LYSSAVIRUS causing rabies in humans and other animals. Transmission is mostly by animal bites through saliva. The virus is neurotropic multiplying in neurons and myotubes of vertebrates.MississippiRabies Vaccines: Vaccines or candidate vaccines used to prevent and treat RABIES. The inactivated virus vaccine is used for preexposure immunization to persons at high risk of exposure, and in conjunction with rabies immunoglobulin, for postexposure prophylaxis.
... it is this evenness of the grain that gives quartersawn wood its greater stability. In addition to the grain, quartersawn wood ... grain) and the expensively-wasteful rift sawn wood, which has the straightest grain and thus the greatest stability. ... In some woods, such as oak, the grain produces a decorative effect which shows a prominent ray fleck and sapele is likely to ... Riftsawn wood has every board cut along a radius of the original log, so each board has a perpendicular grain, with the growth ...
Words without consonants
San Pedro de Ycuamandiyú
Dera Ismail Khan
Michael J. Dillon Memorial United States Courthouse
There is a dark green marble base and wood wainscot with molded cap. The upper panels are vertical grain wood. The judge's ... The metal was grained to resemble wood, and operable transom hardware was internal. While the exact layouts of the upper floors ... There is wood wainscot with wood moldings and wainscot cap. The wainscot extends around the courtroom and is broken by the ... On either side of the judge's bench, the wall above the wainscot is paneled in wood. There is a fluted wood pilaster at each ...
Heckler & Koch SR9
Crosscut In woodworking, a cut made at (or close to) a right angle to the direction of the wood grain of the workpiece. A ... Teeth designed to cut with the grain (ripping) are generally steeper than teeth designed to cut across the grain (crosscutting ... Quarter sawing: This sawing method produces edge-grain or vertical grain lumber, in which annual growth rings run more ... for cutting wood along the grain; Rule/combination saw; a handsaw with a measuring scale along the back and a handle making a ...
... "wood grain metal" or "wood eye metal" and describes the way metal takes on the appearance of natural wood grain. Mokume-gane ... Other historical names for it were kasumi-uchi (cloud metal), itame-gane (wood-grain metal), and yosefuki. The early components ... Pijanowski, H.S. & Pijanowski, G.M. (2001). "Wood Grained Metal: Mokume-Gane". Retrieved 2007-01-26. Loring, John (2001). ... The billet is then manipulated in such a way that a pattern resembling wood grain emerges over its surface. Numerous ways of ...
United States Courthouse (Davenport)
Laughing Boy with Flute
Lam Tung Pang
But colour could permeate wood and highlighted the grain. Lam Tung Pang has exhibited worldwide and has worked in both private ... Lam insists on using plywood and he spared no efforts to study what coating material should be applied to the wood so that he ... a self-portrait within a hinged wood box created during his four years living in London, alongside his most recent creations, ...
There, fertile fields, there, meadows large extend; There, store of grain with water and with wood. And in this place, your ... John Leland records in around 1535 that part of a wooded hill about a mile from the abbey subsided into a salt pit, and the ... The site given for the monastery buildings was a wooded area by the large lake of Comber Mere, a peaceful and isolated location ... and woods at Brentwood, Light Birchwood and Butterley Heyes. It also included a quarter of Nantwich, the largest salt producer ...
The leg panels are wood-grained boards finished with a timber foot and joined by a horizontal wood grained panel. The word ' ... The legs are wood grain to match the case. The legs are braced by a gold cross bar towards the base of the rear legs. It has a ... Approximate manufacturing span 1977-1982 The Pianet M has the Pianet T mechanism built into a rectilinear wood grain console ... It had an optional stand and, in a departure from earlier models finished in wood veneer, is finished in black vinyl ...
The block was cut along the grain of the wood. It is necessary only to ink the block and bring it into firm and even contact ... Slabs of this wood 1 ft. x 6 ins. x 1^ in. cost 150 cash, or about 5½.d. A cheaper wood generally used for printing ... Slabs of this wood 1 ft. x 6 ins. x 1^ in. cost 150 cash, or about 5½.d. A cheaper wood generally used for printing ... A wood used in Kiangsu is the yin hsing mu, which is one of the names of the Salisburia adiantifolia. Boxwood, huang yang mu, ...
Graf Brothers Flooring and Lumber
Vertical grain also increases the structural integrity of the wood. Graf Bros produces 125,000 board feet (290 m3) of lumber ... Appalachian Wood Floors (AWF), owned by the Grafs' brother Jim, molds the flooring exclusively for Graf Brothers at its plant ... Vertical grain is preferred because of its excellent technical properties. Lumber that has been sawed using this method expands ... Rift & Quartered lumber results from a unique way of sawing that maximizes the yield of lumber with vertical grain. ...
For example, the interlocked grain of elm wood (Ulmus spp.) makes it suitable for the making of chair seats where the driving ... Hardwood is wood from dicot angiosperm trees. The term may also be used for the trees from mafazoor derived; these are usually ... Wilson, K., and D.J.B. White (1986). The Anatomy of Wood: Its Diversity and variability. Stobart & Son Ltd, London. Center for ... As the name suggests, the wood from these trees is generally harder than that of softwoods, but there are significant ...
... wood is reddish and most species are easy to work with and takes to stain and polish well. It has a tight straight grain ... Nyatoh is a trade name for wood of a number of hardwood species of the genera Palaquium and Payena growing in rainforest ... "Nyatoh". The Wood Database. Retrieved 6 October 2015. Agus Sulistyo BUDI (1996). "Properties and Utilization of Sapotaceous ... The result is that the company has stopped using the tropical wood nyatoh " because ... ...
The wood has a light coloring and a straight grain. The leaves are 7-20 cm long with a glossy dark green upper side and ... Populus trichocarpa wood is light-weight and although not particularly strong, is strong for its weight. The wood material has ... Considering the economic importance of wood and wood products, the availability of a tree genome was necessary. The sequence ... The wood, roots and bark were used for firewood, canoe making, rope, fish traps, baskets and structures. The gum-like sap was ...
The wood has a streaked, ribboned, or zig-zag grain. The wood has been used to build boats, flooring, and furniture, and made ... Calophyllum wood may be sold under the name bitangor, and the species may be used interchangeably; one shipment may contain ... Many species are used for their wood. Some are hardwood trees that can reach 30 meters in height. They tend to grow rapidly. ... This species is also cultivated for its wood and planted in coastal landscaping as a windbreak and for erosion control. A ...
Ford Fairlane (Australia)
... but is much softer than black walnut wood. Oiled, the grain of the wood usually shows much light. It is often used to make ... The Woods of the United States. New York: D. Appleton & Co., 1885. Page 238. Snow, cited above, says "New Brunswick to Georgia ... The Principal Species of Wood: Their Characteristic Properties. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1908. Page 56. Sargent, ... The Principal Species of Wood: Their Characteristic Properties. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1908. Page 56. Saunders, ...
Dunne, J. A.; Williams, R. J.; Martinez, N. D.; Wood, R. A.; Erwin, D. H.; Dobson, Andrew P. (2008). "Compilation and Network ... Original food-webs (left) are simplified (right) by aggregating groups feeding on common prey into coarser grained trophic ... dead wood, aquatic macrophytes, algae), animal tissue (carrion), dead microbes, faeces (manure, dung, faecal pellets, guano, ...
This causes increased pressure between grains thus increasing the solubility of grains. As a result, the partial dissolution of ... such as wood fragments. Other important reactions include the formation of chlorite, glauconite, illite and iron oxide (if ... Grain size varies from clay in shales and claystones; through silt in siltstones; sand in sandstones; and gravel, cobble, to ... and lithic framework grains and the abundance of muddy matrix between these larger grains. ...
Mowry Landing, California
... humans made tools of stone, bone, and wood. The early paleolithic hominins, Australopithecus, were the first ... seeds-such as grains and beans-were rarely eaten and never in large quantities on a daily basis. Recent archaeological ... An artist's rendering of a temporary wood house, based on evidence found at Terra Amata (in Nice, France) and dated to the ... Miller, Barbra; Bernard Wood; Andrew Balansky; Julio Mercader; Melissa Panger (2006). Anthropology. Boston Massachusetts: Allyn ...
The grain is larger, stronger (If a grain is small or weak, it will break in the process of polishing), and contains less ... The wood used is Cryptomeria (杉, sugi), which is also known as Japanese cedar. Sake casks are often tapped ceremonially for the ... The reason for polishing is a result of the composition and structure of the rice grain itself. The core of the rice grain is ... of the rice grain in the polishing process). That desirable pocket of starch in the center of the grain is called the shinpaku ...
Some pollen grains will land on a female cone for pollination. The generative cell in the pollen grain divides into two haploid ... At least 20 species of roundheaded borers of the family Cerambycidae feed on the wood of spruce, fir, and hemlock (Rose and ... Each winged pollen grain is a four celled male gametophyte Three of the four cells break down leaving only a single surviving ... On this basis, one needle produced food for about 0.19 mg dry weight of apical growth, 3 mm3 wood, one-quarter of a new needle ...
Woods, Harry Arthur. Ecological and Environmental Physiology of Insects. Ecological and Environmental Physiology Series. 3. ... The pollen grains are tricolpate. The receptacle carries a variable number of nectaries, but these are always present opposite ... 1: Leaves, Stem, and Wood in relation to Taxonomy, with notes on economic Uses. Oxford At The Clarendon Press. pp. 79-87.. ...
... is carbon produced from carbonaceous source materials such as bamboo, coconut husk, willow peat, wood, coir, ... but with a smaller grain size. Its spherical shape makes it preferred for fluidized bed applications such as water filtration. ... wood, coal, etc.). The metal oxides (Fe2O3) can leach out of activated carbon resulting in discoloration. Acid/water-soluble ...
Wood- and bronze spoked wheels are known from Stade (Germany), a wooden spoked wheel from Mercurago, Italy. Wooden dish-wheels ... Other deposits include grain, knotted vegetable fibres and hair and bronze objects (axes, pendants and pins). The Ith-caves ( ... The cremated bone-remains are much larger than in the Roman period, which indicates that less wood was used. Often, the bones ... These solid hilted swords were known since Bronze D (Rixheim swords). Other swords have tanged blades and probably had a wood, ...
Anderson, James; Elizabeth C Konz; Robert C Frederich; Constance L Wood (November 2001). "Long-term weight-loss maintenance: a ... of energy and increasing consumption of vegetables and fruit to at least 5 servings daily and grains to at least 6 servings ... food choices may be limited to whole grains, fruits, vegetables, pulses, nuts, seeds and oil. The Daniel Fast resembles the ...
Before controlled-temperature kilning became available, malted grains were dried over wood fires; Rauchmalz (German: smoked ... The nitrogen content of a grain refers to the mass fraction of the grain that is made up of protein, and is usually expressed ... In general, the hotter a grain is kilned, the less its diastatic activity. As a consequence, only lightly colored grains can be ... One indicator of the degree of modification of a grain is that grain's Nitrogen ratio; that is, the amount of soluble Nitrogen ...
When solid biomass is in an inconvenient form (such as sawdust, wood chips, grass, urban waste wood, agricultural residues), ... With grain sorghum currently grown on over 11 million hectares (ha) in Asia and on 23.4 million ha in Africa, a switch to sweet ... Biochar made from agricultural waste can substitute for wood charcoal. As wood stock becomes scarce, this alternative is ... Examples include wood, sawdust, grass trimmings, domestic refuse, charcoal, agricultural waste, nonfood energy crops, and dried ...
As the rate of cooling is increased the carbon will have less time to migrate to form carbide at the grain boundaries but will ... Natural wind was used where the soil containing iron was heated by the use of wood. The ancient Sinhalese managed to extract a ... For steels that have less than 0.8% carbon (hypoeutectoid), ferrite will first form within the grains until the remaining ... Annealing goes through three phases: recovery, recrystallization, and grain growth. The temperature required to anneal a ...
Common types of farms reported in the 2001 census include those for cattle, small grains and dairy. The fruit- and grape- ... from the west at Lake of the Woods, eastward along the major rivers and lakes of the Great Lakes/Saint Lawrence River drainage ... particularly iron ore and grain. In the past, the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River were also a major passenger transportation ...
Inventory of Henry VIII of England
Shawms; 1 wood; one box-wood; 8 other shawms in 3 leather cases, at Westminster. ... 188 three-grained staves trimmed with crimson velvet; 47 raucons (Italian bills); 2 little brass guns on carriages with shod ... two red-wood (in imitation of walnut) bass recorders one tipped with silver; a velvet case with 8 ivory recorders; 8 box-wood ... 3 glass flutes and one of wood painted like glass; 3 wood flutes; 3 more flutes in a red leather bag; all at Westminster. ...
Other materials used, were Tonkin bamboo Calcutta reed, ash wood, hickory, ironwood, maple, lancewood, or malacca cane. These ... 26.4-inch-long (65 cm) pike caught on an ultra-light spinning rod (5-gram or 75-grain casting weight) using a 1-inch (25 mm) ... For example, the first 30 in (75 cm) of a 6wt fly line should weigh between 152-168 grains (10-11 grams), with the optimal ... Classic ice rods - still widely used - are simply stiff rod-like pieces of wood, usually with a carved wooden handle, a couple ...
Wood, Asmi (2012). "Constitutional Reform 2013: What are we trying to achieve?". Alternative Law Journal. 37 (3): 156. doi: ... Olley, J. M.; Roberts, R. G.; Yoshida, H.; Bowler, J. M. (2006). "Single-grain optical dating of grave-infill associated with ... For a discussion of the recommendations, see: Wood 2012, p. 156 *^ Ronald M. Berndt has published traditional Aboriginal song- ...
Mold health issues
Wood, Robert A.; Terr, Abba I.; Saxon, Andrew; Portnoy, Jay M.; Bush, Robert K. (2006-02-01). "The medical effects of mold ... Stachybotrys chartarum was found growing on wet grain used for animal feed. Illness and death also occurred in humans when ... Today, the US Food and Drug Administration and the agriculture industry closely monitor mold and mycotoxin levels in grains and ... Grain crops in particular incur considerable losses both in field and storage due to pathogens, post-harvest spoilage, and ...
Like the related Talipariti tiliaceum, it was one of the main sources of bast fibers for the production of cordage and wood for ... Pollen grains are approximately 70 microns in diameter. UsesEdit. The heartwood of the Portia tree is dark reddish brown to ... The wood from the tree was used by early Tamil people to make instruments in ancient Tamilakam. ... In New Ireland, Portia wood is used to make hourglass drums. In Tonga, its bark is used to treat mouth infections among infants ...
Hard disk drive
... grain magnetic strength and ability of the head to write. In order to maintain acceptable signal to noise smaller grains ... Wood, Roger (October 19, 2010). "Shingled Magnetic Recording and Two-Dimensional Magnetic Recording" (PDF). ewh.ieee.org. ... 11 by 1.6 grains). Since the mid-2000s areal density progress has increasingly been challenged by a superparamagnetic ... have had an areal density of about 500 Gbit/in2 which would have amounted to a bit cell comprising about 18 magnetic grains ( ...
... needed wood, so he cut down everything, including the sacred groves of Greece, up to 100 miles from Athens. When more ... Athens by now was starving, and grain was at famine levels in price. Inside the city, the population was reduced to eating shoe ... with plentiful supplies of wood and water. The army of Archelaus, presently commanded by Taxiles, had to approach from the ...
Wood grain - Wikipedia
... of wood. There is irregular grain in burr wood or burl wood, but this is result of very many knots. Grain painting Grain filler ... edge grain: quarter-sawn or rift-sawn or straight-grained, and end grain: the grain of wood seen when it is cut across the ... Wood grain is the longitudinal arrangement of wood fibers or the pattern resulting from this. R. Bruce Hoadley wrote that grain ... open grain). Perhaps most important physical aspect of wood grain in woodworking is the grain direction or slope (e.g. against ...
Wood Grain Wheel - Wikipedia
"Wood Grain Wheel" is a song by rapper Slim Thug. It was originally supposed to be the first single from his second album Boss ... Slim Thug is known for having brass instruments in his beats. First single of new album "Wood Grain Wheel" ( ... "Aye I got to work my wood grain wheel// Trunk steady bumpin, grills steady commin" which ties the track together. The beat ... A different version featuring PJ and Sir Daily appears as "Wood Wheel" on Serve & Collect. The song peaked at number 70 on the ...
Wood grain orientation - MIMF
Wood grain orientation. Ask your wood and other materials questions here. Please DO NOT post pictures and ask us to identify ... I would put the most vertical grain down the center, where it will do the most good. The rift grain will be supported and ... If the flatsawn grain is at the edges less of it will be used (the waist will remove some of it) and what is used will be ... Wood does expand and contract more in the flatsawn orientation, but with a mostly quarter sawn piece from a dried and stable ...
Boris FX | BCC Wood Grain
Overview Wood Grain creates the appearance of a solid piece of wood. Function Presets and Common Controls BCC filters come with ... Wood Alpha sets the alpha value for the Grain Color.. Grain Color sets the color of the darkest parts of the wood grain pattern ... Grain Noise=0. Grain Noise=1.0. Mutation controls the pattern of the wood grain at a given point by moving through the ... Grain Noise adjusts the resolution of the grain pattern. Lower values create distinct, well- deﬁned grain lines on the wood. As ...
Effect of wood grain and veneer side on loblolly pine veneer wettability | Treesearch
Effect of wood grain and veneer side on loblolly pine veneer wettability. Forest Products Journal. 48(6): 95-97.. Related ... Research was initiated to determine the effect of veneer side (tight or loose), and wood grain (earlywood or latewood) on the ... Effect of wood grain and veneer side on loblolly pine veneer wettability ... Physical and mechanical properties of bio-composites from wood particles and liquefied wood resin ...
Peer Sorensen | Acacia Wood Long Grain Cutting Board | MYER
Shop Online for Peer Sorensen Acacia Wood Long Grain Cutting Board and more at Myer. Grab a bargain from Australias largest ... Peer Sorensen Acacia Wood Long Grain Cutting BoardAcacia Wood Long Grain Cutting Board ... out of precious Tasmanian hardwoods but the company has changed with the times and now make their boards out of Acacia wood. ...
Wood Grain Finishes | PAC-CLAD - Petersen Aluminum
Petersens wood grain textures are ready to dazzle. Petersens PAC-CLAD wood ... When the performance of metal is required but the look of wood is desired, ... Wood Grain Finishes. When the performance of metal is required but the look of wood is desired, Petersens wood grain textures ... Petersens PAC-CLAD wood grain patterns will convince the casual observer that metal is actually wood. A lineup of 16 wood ...
Wood-grained Knee Braces | Fypon Decorative Millwork
3M™ DI-NOC™ Architectural Finishes Wood Grain WG-657, 4 ft x 164 ft | 3M United States
3M DI NOC designs offer the warmth of wood grain. The sleek feel of metal. The cool of natural stone. Specify them and you ... 3M DI NOC designs offer the warmth of wood grain. The sleek feel of metal. The cool of natural stone. Specify them and you ... 3M™ DI-NOC™ Architectural Finishes Wood Grain WG-657, 4 ft x 164 ft. 3M ID JR420082232 ... 3M™ DI-NOC™ Architectural Finishes Wood Grain WG-657, 4 ft x 164 ft ...
Way Basics Eco-Friendly 6 Stackable Modular Storage Cubes Plus, Espresso Wood Grain - Lifetime Warranty | Staples
Espresso Wood Grain - Lifetime Warranty at Staples low price, or read our customer reviews to learn more now. ... Espresso Wood Grain. 1 Review Way Basics Eco-Friendly 6 Stackable Modular Storage Cubes Plus, Espresso Wood Grain Way Basics , ... Images for Way Basics Eco-Friendly 6 Stackable Modular Storage Cubes Plus, Espresso Wood Grain ... Way Basics Eco-Friendly 6 Stackable Modular Storage Cubes Plus, Espresso Wood Grain ...
CrystaLac Wood Grain Filler, Quart | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware
Its great for exotic woods that are colorful, and it can be tinted with dyes or colors to match the wood. Makes an ideal wipe- ... Clear wood filler dries rapidly for quick sanding! ... Id like to use a stained wood filler to bring out wood grain ... I had to sand back down to the bare wood and start over! I applied the grain filler first. I appled two coats of grain filler, ... All projects were different species of wood. I experimented with sealed wood and raw wood and ALL attempt were the same thing ...
Wilsonart Launches Understanding Wood: Sourcing Against the Grain | Woodworking Network
An educational Initiative for architects and designers on responsible wood materials sourcing will address the knowledge gap, ... Up to 51 percent of endangered wood users are aware that the wood is endangered or threatened, but 40 percent of respondents ... Wilsonart is launching Understanding Wood: Sourcing Against the Grain, an educational initiative for architects and designers. ... The program aims to educate architects and designers not only on how to identify endangered and threatened woods, but to equip ...
Hobie Men's Copper and Shiny Brown Wood Grain Mojo Polarized Sunglasses | Boot Barn
Epicure Acacia Wood Grain Collection | Carlisle FoodService Products
The look of real acacia wood without the hassle. The Epicure Acacia Wood Grain line features an assortment of sizes and shapes ... Epicure® Acacia Grain Rectangle Tray 13.875 x 7.75. 12ea. 11.73lb. 0.47ft³. ... Epicure® Acacia Grain Rectangle Tray 14.75 x 6.75. 12ea. 11.73lb. 0.47ft³. ... Epicure® Acacia Grain Oval Platter 18 x 15. 6ea. 11.66lb. 0.82ft³. ...
Now Foods Ultrasonic Faux Wood Grain Diffuser - 1 diffuser - eVitamins UK
Read Ultrasonic Faux Wood Grain Diffuser reviews, side effects, coupons and more from eVitamins. Fast, reliable shipping to ... United Kingdoms best source to buy Now Foods Ultrasonic Faux Wood Grain Diffuser - 1 diffuser at the lowest price. ... Nows Ultrasonic Faux Wood Grain Diffuser can run up to 8 hours before automatic shut-off without any risk of burns. ... I LOVE my faux wood grain diffuser from Now Foods. The design compliments my home very well and it helps to create a great mood ...
Handmade End Grain Ambrosia Maple Island Top by Green River Woods, Inc. | CustomMade.com
Only end grain is heirloom quality, functional work surface designed to endure d… ... Pictured are two examples of 3 thick end grain ambrosia maple tops.. Only end grain is heirloom quality, functional work ... wood species and grain pattern/design, as well as desired turnaround, shipping destination type and zip code. Estimates are ...
Wood Grain Moves Like Water in this Stop-Motion Video | Woodworking Network
Waves of Grain, which he created by planing a block of wood and taking a photo after each pass ... Video Designer Keith Skretch provides a mesmerizing view of wood grain in the short animation, ... "The painstaking process revealed a hidden life and motion in the seemingly static grain of the wood, even as the wood itself ... Video Designer Keith Skretch provides a mesmerizing view of wood grain in the short, strata-cut animation "Waves of Grain." To ...
Growing wood lovers starting with a grain culture (fungi forum at permies)
The typical course is to start with some kind of wood spawn (sawdust, plugs). ... spores and lots of big jars of whole grains colonized with the uncontaminated mycelium. ... I do not have sawdust spawn or wood plug spawn, I have liquid culture, agar, ... This is the same function as the wood plug spawn. The question I am now facing is how to go from grain to wood. My species is ...
Classic Wood Grain Plantable Thank You Card | Classic Wood Grain | Catalog | Botanical PaperWorks
... these Classic Wood Grain Plantable Thank You Cards have plenty of space on the inside for your personal thank you. ... People who bought Classic Wood Grain Plantable Thank You Card also liked:. * Classic Wood Grain Plantable Menu Card ... Light and airy with a pop of color, these Classic Wood Grain Plantable Thank You Cards have plenty of space on the inside for ... Classic Wood Grain Plantable Thank You Card. Classic Wood Grain Plantable Thank You Card. * ...
Grey Wood Grain Color Marble Stone Tile For Interior Wall Cladding High Hardness of quartz-stoneslab
Quality Marble Stone Tile manufacturer provide Grey Wood Grain Color Marble Stone Tile For Interior Wall Cladding High Hardness ... Wood grain stone, also known as Guizhou wood grain, is divided into three kinds of white wood grain, gray wood grain and green ... also known as Guizhou wood grain marble, Guizhou white wood grain marble. With the characteristics of "natural wood grain, ... Grey Wood Grain Color Marble Stone Tile For Interior Wall Cladding High Hardness 10mm interior wood wall cladding wood grain ...
Faux Wood Grain Polymer Clay Jewelry Tutorials - The Beading Gem's Journal
You first need to see how she creates faux wood grain.. Then how to use that technique for the hobbit door necklace! She made ... Faux Wood Grain Polymer Clay Jewelry Tutorials Reviewed by Pearl Blay on Friday, January 20, 2017 Rating: 5 ... This next tutorial by Velvetorium is for a wood grain and moss polymer clay ring. She shares how she uses tools to create the ... I learned how to make faux wood from Christi Friesen and it was easy and lots of fun! The lesson was to create a faux wood box ...
Da Backwudz - Wood Grain (Interlude) - tekst piosenki, teledysk - teksty.org
Sprawdź słowa piosenki Wood Grain (Interlude) Da Backwudz, zobacz teledysk. ... We ride on cowhide, burn wood and grip sweet hickory. Hopin that we can sip sweet victory. to wash down our depression to say ... Wood Grain (Interlude) - tekst piosenki, teledysk, tłumaczenie. ... Wood Grain (Interlude) - tekst piosenki. * zgłoś błąd / edytuj ...
Bourbon County Vanilla Rye - All Grain Wood-Aged Beer Homebrew Beer Recipe - Brewer's Friend
Wood-Aged Beer, ABV 13.84%, IBU 53.99, SRM 50, Fermentables: (Pale 2-Row, Bonlander Munich, Caramel / Crystal 60L, Chocolate, ... Wood-Aged Beer, ABV 13.84%, IBU 53.99, SRM 50, Fermentables: (Pale 2-Row, Bonlander Munich, Caramel / Crystal 60L, Chocolate, ... Method: All Grain Style: Wood-Aged Beer Boil Time: 180 min Batch Size: 5.5 gallons (fermentor volume) Pre Boil Size: 9.25 ... HOME BREW RECIPE: Title: Bourbon County Vanilla Rye Author: Michael Maugel Brew Method: All Grain Style Name: Wood-Aged Beer ...
Buy Wood Grain Home Diffuser Ultrasonic Air Humidifier Purifier High Capacity 300ml b549 by Yuanzala on OpenSky
LVT Rustic Wood Grain - Burke Luxury Vinyl Tile
Great quality LVT for durable rustic wood grain look floors. Use luxury vinyl tiles for office, retail, home or commercial LVT ... LVT Rustic Wood 12 Mil Carton of 19. LVT Rustic Wood Grain, Burke LVT, Rustic Wood Grain LVT Designs, Home Vinyl Flooring. ... They simulate the look of many varieties of fine wood grain.. Burke Luxury Vinyl Rustic Wood Planks combine the two most ... Also available in fine wood grain, slate, and concrete finishes.. Shipping Ships in cartons via ground service to your door, ...
Kenneth Kieser: Critters in the woods can be dangerous - Sports - The Examiner of East Jackson County - Independence, Blue...
Chinese White Wood Grain Veins Marble Honed Tiles from China - StoneContact.com
16-Inch Anthracite Grey General Purpose Board / Flat Board / Fascia - Wood Grain
Tan plastic headed Pins and Nails are ideal for fixing Light Oak and Irish Oak fascias and soffits into timber joists. Made of high-grade A4 316 Marine grade stainless steel to prevent rusting and discolourations of fascias and soffits. For 16mm fascias boards, we recommend using 2 x 65mm Tan Polytop nails spaced at 400mm centres. For 9mm fascia boards and soffits we recommend using 2 x 30mm Tan coloured Polytop pins spaced at 400mm centres ...
Wedding Cream Wood Grain Cardstock, 8 1/2 x 11 Gmund Wood 111lb Cover - LCI Paper
... wood grain finish. Wedding Cream Wood is the same soft cream color as its Matt textured counterpart. An exclusive LCI Paper ... Wedding Cream Wood card stock features an exotic, real feel, ... About Wood Grain Cardstock, Paper & Translucent. Wood Grain ... Gmunds wood grain texture captures the character of real wood, knots and all. This distinct wood grain texture comes from a ... Wedding Cream Wood Grain Cardstock, 8 ½ x 11 Gmund Wood 111lb Cover. Gmund Wood Embossed. /5 based on customer reviews ...
Zoom Eyeworks Zoom Stylish Rectangular Reader, Wood Grain Pattern, +2.00 Reviews in 2018
TextureRift-sawnPowder CoatingElectrophoresisMelamineDiffuserFauxGranularFinishesAcaciaTilesSurfacesQuarter-sawnColorfulOpen grainPanelsPineColorDarkerCementProductsAnglePlankFlat-sawnSurface10mmDurabilityLaminateGranuleTexturesStainLumberSpeciesNaturalTimberDesignCreatesJarsStraight grainAppearanceMoisture contentMadeRusticHigh-densityVertical grainTranslucentSearchColorsDensityPlatterQualityMapleWarmthFloorsSand
- Rotation sets the angle between the grain of the wood texture and the horizontal axis. (borisfx.com)
- Select the Source Alpha checkbox to use the source alpha channel as a mask for the ﬁlter, so the wood texture appears only in the opaque regions of the source. (borisfx.com)
- Gmund's wood grain texture captures the character of real wood, knots and all. (lcipaper.com)
- This distinct wood grain texture comes from a heavy embossing on one side of the sheet. (lcipaper.com)
- Matching wood texture envelopes are available for Tindalo, Bubinga and Limba. (lcipaper.com)
- It has a straight grain with a fine texture, says the Wood Zone website. (ehow.com)
- Now's Ultrasonic Faux Wood Grain Diffuser can run up to 8 hours before automatic shut-off without any risk of burns. (evitamins.com)
- I love the wood look, it makes the diffuser fit into any room easily. (evitamins.com)
- The wood look on the outside of the diffuser matches my coffee tables. (evitamins.com)
- I LOVE my faux wood grain diffuser from Now Foods. (evitamins.com)
- This 400 ml Wood Grain Vase Style Essential Oil Diffuser has an innovative vase design with light or dark wood grain. (onlybestgoods.com)
- You first need to see how she creates faux wood grain . (beadinggem.com)
- I learned how to make faux wood from Christi Friesen and it was easy and lots of fun! (beadinggem.com)
- The lesson was to create a faux wood box with a fish in it. (beadinggem.com)
- I ended up making a faux wood fishing creel with a devil fish coming out of it. (beadinggem.com)
- Faux wood canes can be used for a million things in polymer clay designs. (beadinggem.com)
- PAC-CLAD PVDF wood grain finishes combine the beauty of wood with the durability of metal. (pac-clad.com)
- Wood grain finishes are available on all PAC-CLAD wall panels. (pac-clad.com)
- Also available in fine wood grain, slate, and concrete finishes. (greatmats.com)
- ceiling and wall, its assembly system always offer elegance and different finishes WHAT ARE WOOD GRAIN CEILING PVC PANEL? (spintoband.com)
- Originally these boards were made out of precious Tasmanian hardwoods but the company has changed with the times and now make their boards out of Acacia wood. (myer.com.au)
- The look of real acacia wood without the hassle. (carlislefsp.com)
- The Epicure Acacia Wood Grain line features an assortment of sizes and shapes and offers something for every type of food and venue. (carlislefsp.com)
- Ironwood Gourmet, as the original acacia wood company, has been the standard of quality for acacia wood since its beginning. (ironwoodgourmet.com)
- The patterns are nearly indistinguishable from actual wood, and they provide architects and designers with creative flexibility on highly functional surfaces. (pac-clad.com)
- Raised grain occurring on wood surfaces after the application of a waterborne varnish was felt by human touch because of protruding peaks and a certain amount of materials in the core of the roughness profile. (springer.com)
- Raised grain occurs on wood surfaces after the application of a waterborne varnish and forces manufacturers to sand the surfaces between coats. (springer.com)
- Oak ( Quercus robur L.) and beech ( Fagus sylvatica L.) wood surfaces were planed and sanded in order to have various levels of raised grain. (springer.com)
- Visuo-tactile analyses were carried out on surfaces having received one coat of varnish to characterise raised grain and having two coats to characterise the acceptable finished surface quality without sanding. (springer.com)
- Finishing products can be applied to wood surfaces in one or more coats (NE EN ISO 2808 2007 ). (springer.com)
- Several researchers have studied the factors responsible for raised grain on wood surfaces after machining and finishing. (springer.com)
- patent and present equipment utilize this anisotropy by means of mechanically rotating capacitor electrodes with operative surfaces placed near the wood to be measured. (google.com)
- Reclaim the beauty of wood surfaces including maple, oak, pine and more. (homedepot.com)
- Cognac Premium Fast Dry Interior Wood Stain provides high quality color in 1 coat to enhance the natural beauty of interior wood surfaces. (homedepot.com)
- End grain surfaces are softer in composition than other areas of the wood. (kraftmaid.com)
- Research was initiated to determine the effect of veneer side (tight or loose), and wood grain (earlywood or latewood) on the wettability of loblolly pine veneer. (usda.gov)
- tiny pieces of waste pine wood were meticulously hand-glued together by Royal College of Art graduate Simin Qiu to create these storage boxes and stationery items. (dezeen.com)
- made of 100% Solid Pine wood from Southern Brazil, this bed features a sturdy Platform Frame construction that can last. (parenting.com)
- Wood Alpha sets the alpha value for the Grain Color. (borisfx.com)
- Light and airy with a pop of color, these Classic Wood Grain Plantable Thank You Cards have plenty of space on the inside for your personal thank you. (botanicalpaperworks.com)
- Wedding Cream Wood is the same soft cream color as its Matt textured counterpart. (lcipaper.com)
- Description: General patterns and textures with natural color: Nordic Cedar, Saw Wood , Amboyna, Original Wood , etc. (remastersys.com)
- Classic color in a wiping wood stain with ultimate control. (homedepot.com)
- Decorative Wood Plastic Edge Banding, Solid Color and Wood Grain Furniture PVC Edge Banding. (himvalleymanali.in)
- Due to its rich color and appearance, olive wood is a particularly sought-after material for use in decorative items. (ehow.com)
- Oak may be grained in distemper-that is, using beer or alcohol for a vehicle with the color, instead of oil. (dictionary.com)
- The color if the wood is grained in its natural color is made from raw sienna weakened down to suit by the addition of whiting. (dictionary.com)
- In addition, the natural characteristics of wood lend themselves to color variation, and this is also true when finish is applied. (kraftmaid.com)
- Some door styles are built with a solid wood frame and a veneer center panel, which will show more color variation than doors with all solid wood components. (kraftmaid.com)
- In its simplest aesthetic meaning, wood grain is the alternating regions of relatively darker and lighter wood resulting from the differing growth parameters occurring in different seasons (i.e., growth rings) on a cut or split piece of wood. (wikipedia.org)
- However, if you want a change and you have wood floors, it is relatively easy to refinish them and make them darker or lighter. (stylemotivation.com)
- Veneer wood absorbs more stain than solid wood and will appear darker. (kraftmaid.com)
- Acoustic Wood Wool Wall Wood Board Ceiling Decoration Acoustic Wood Fiber Cement Board Product Description Huiacoustics wood wool acoustic panel is made from imported poplar. (phrmg.org)
- fiber cement board specification: 1) Interiors&Exteriors 2)ceiling 3) cement wood grained board 4)flooring it is suitable for places such as meeting room , hotel,factory building ,theater ,hall ,bathroom and so on Main Characteristics of fiber cement board . (phrmg.org)
- Zjgleader wood fiber cement cladding is the top grade decoration exterior wall panel with functionality and decoration performance.The cement is as sticky component,so our board is durable and weatherable just as cement ,which has. (phrmg.org)
- wood grain fiber cement boardis a composite material made of sand, cement and cellulose fibers . (phrmg.org)
- To bridge this deep gap in awareness, knowledge and action in specifying products, Wilsonart is launching Understanding Wood: Sourcing Against the Grain, an educational initiative for architects and designers. (woodworkingnetwork.com)
- This disclosure pertains to equipment and methods for quantifying or measuring wood grain angle in lumber specimens or other wood products. (google.com)
- Founded by a restaurateur and wood worker, Ironwood products are both beautiful and durable, perfect for spaces that rely on quality products where image and presentation matter. (ironwoodgourmet.com)
- aluminum extrusion profiles products manufacturer/ wood grain aluminium extrusion 1.High hardness, hard aluminum series. (opencroquet.org)
- We doesn't provide back to basics grain mill products or service, please contact them directly and verify their companies info carefully. (spintoband.com)
- Compare with solid wood trim, aluminium angle trim with wood grain is more environmental and benefits people. (remastersys.com)
- Wood grain angle information is detected electronically by use of a sensor having a common electrode and a plurality of electrodes spaced from the common electrode and arranged angularly about a sensor axis. (google.com)
- By modulating applied drive signals and demodulating the sensed signals that result from capacitive coupling of an adjacent wood specimen, values that are a function of wood grain angle are identified. (google.com)
- Grain angle measurements are important in the estimation of tensile strength of lumber. (google.com)
- The research that led to the present invention was intended to prove the feasibility of increased grain angle measurement speed capability so that measurements and subsequent strength estimation could be performed at production speeds. (google.com)
- The currently-available and successful low speed mechanically rotating sensor concept for measurement of grain angle has been used mainly for laboratory and research purposes. (google.com)
- Only end grain is heirloom quality, functional work surface designed to endure decades or centuries of daily use, acquiring a patina and character with age and proper care. (custommade.com)
- This study aims to identify the topographic parameters that explain the visuo-tactile sensation of raised grain and to define a finished surface quality acceptable to consumers and industry. (springer.com)
- The main problem with a waterborne finishing product is that it produces noticeably raised grain on the wood surface and forces manufacturers to sand the surface between coats. (springer.com)
- 1999 ). Raised grain occurs from the swelling of wood fibres by the water, inducing the separation and lifting of individual fibres or groups or even fragments of fibres (Koehler 1932 ), and increases the surface roughness (Landry et al. (springer.com)
- PU Coating Wood Grain Paper with Different Surface Effect and Base Weight BASIC INFORMATION: Raw Material Import Japan base or domestic base, , Kingdecor. (spintoband.com)
- Burke Luxury Vinyl Rustic Wood Planks combine the two most desirable attributes a floor can exhibit - beauty and durability - to give you a floor that's incredibly long-lasting and attractive. (greatmats.com)
- The high natural durability of olive wood makes it ideal for furniture construction. (ehow.com)
- New Bay has exceptional durability and the aged look of reclaimed wood are why you'll love this flooring. (homedepot.com)
- Apply stain with the grain using a high quality brush or lint free cloth. (homedepot.com)
- Remove excess stain by wiping with cloth in direction of grain. (homedepot.com)
- Superior wood stain saves time, energy and provides a great value. (homedepot.com)
- Easy to apply with a good quality synthetic brush or clean lint free rag without the need for pre-stain or wood conditioner. (homedepot.com)
- The distinctive embossing gives it an authentic wood look and luxury vinyl won't stain, wear through or fade. (homedepot.com)
- Hurricane damage will drive lumber prices higher: Wood Dr. (woodworkingnetwork.com)
- The small size of olive trees makes olive wood lumber rare and expensive. (ehow.com)
- According to the Architecturals website, olive wood is rarely sold or available as lumber. (ehow.com)
- When it is sold, olive wood lumber is normally very expensive and cut into small pieces. (ehow.com)
- My species is an outdoor cold-weather (overwintering) wood loving mushroom that will be grown in beds of chips similarly to shiitake. (permies.com)
- The answer is basically once you have fully colonized, contam-free grain spawn, of a woodloving species, you can use that grain spawn to directly innoculate pasteurized hardwood chips (not too big). (permies.com)
- Raised grain was characterised by the visuo-tactile sensation of protruding peaks and a certain amount of material in the core of the roughness profile for both wood species. (springer.com)
- The white on white Mokume in this natural wood grain design is subtle yet defined. (mokume.com)
- bending Soft Ceramic Tile Fireproof Flexible Natural Timber Grain Tile 1. (remastersys.com)
- The natural wood grain Cube Plus storage is an essential, eco-friendly option for anyone trying to organize their home. (staples.com)
- Speaking of "exactly the same," a related benefit is that no two wood floors look alike, because of the natural swirls and other patterns. (stylemotivation.com)
- Show through or "telegraphing" of wood characteristics may happen when paint is applied to any specie of natural wood. (kraftmaid.com)
- Telegraphing may happen on doors, face frames, moldings and any decorative end panel or enhancement made of natural wood. (kraftmaid.com)
- A lineup of 16 wood grain patterns ensures creative design and flexibility and can deliver a finishing touch to any project. (pac-clad.com)
- By design the espresso wood grain cube is modular and modern, built to fit into your existing design with ease. (staples.com)
- Ultra simple design meets function with our black wood grain, stackable cube. (waybasics.com)
- With over half a century of experience in design and manufacturing of gourmet kitchenware, Mountain Woods is unsurpassed in their pursuit of bringing timeless, quality pieces to your home that are created by highly trained artisans and craftsmen. (mountainwoods.com)
- The downside to this design is that it seems to transmit more vibration to the arm of the user than hammers with handles made from wood, composites, or advanced materials such as titanium. (core77.com)
- I do not have sawdust spawn or wood plug spawn, I have liquid culture, agar, spores and lots of big jars of whole grains colonized with the uncontaminated mycelium. (permies.com)
- Just nitpicking, but "my side" (the grains/bags side altho jars are still more popular than bags) uses pasteurization a lot, too. (permies.com)
- Straight grain runs parallel to the longitudinal axis of the piece. (wikipedia.org)
- Basic grain descriptions and types include: straight - grain which runs in a single direction, parallel to the axis of the tree spiral - grain which spirals around the axis of the tree interlocked - grain which spirals around the axis of the tree, but reverses its direction for periods of years resulting in alternating directions of the spiral grain. (wikipedia.org)
- Going Against the Grain: Could Wood Flooring Make a Difference in the Appearance of Your Home? (stylemotivation.com)
- A wood product is typically affected by environmental conditions that may alter its appearance from what it looked like when it was new. (kraftmaid.com)
- As wood ages, the appearance of the finish may change or darken over time due to environmental factors such as interior lighting, sunlight and humidity. (kraftmaid.com)
- In describing the alignment of the wood in the tree a distinction may be made. (wikipedia.org)
- the platter is not made from wood. (justsoposh.com)
- Items made from olive wood will generally retain this faint aroma for many years. (ehow.com)
- Despite some advantages over wood, light-gauge steel framing hasn't made the leap to residential building, and the reasons why may surprise you. (finehomebuilding.com)
- Smooth and splinter-free tongue depressors are made of high-quality wood. (officedepot.com)
- These Burke Luxury Vinyl Rustic Wood Grain with NANO-SILVER are clean and green. (greatmats.com)
- Luxury Vinyl Tile Rustic Wood Planks include a process to add Ag+, Silver ions of nano size particles to safely coat floors, in a colorless anti-bacterial armor. (greatmats.com)
- Luxury Vinyl Tile Rustic Wood Planks feature a 12 mill wear layer and offer a 10 year limited warranty for light commercial and 25 year limited warranty for residential applications. (greatmats.com)
- Give your bedroom a Rustic chic look with the warmth of this Solid Wood Bed. (parenting.com)
- Expert wood finishing quality since 1958 for the professional, DIY fixer upper, furniture maker or home restoration project. (homedepot.com)
- Among carpenters and furniture aficionados, however, the tree is just as famed for its high-quality wood. (ehow.com)
- The wood can be turned and planed without major difficulties, but you should only use high-quality tools with sharp edges. (ehow.com)
- The consistency is different as well, and the various effects complement the various appearances of wood floors. (stylemotivation.com)
- After all, there's a reason that most recording studios and performance halls have wood floors. (stylemotivation.com)
- For the most part, the wood floors you put down today will look exactly the same ten, twenty, or even thirty years down the road. (stylemotivation.com)
- Furthermore, instead of geometric cookie-cutter designs, the shapes embedded in wood floors are randomly dispersed. (stylemotivation.com)