Southeastern United States
The geographic area of the southeastern region of the United States in general or when the specific state or states are not included. The states usually included in this region are Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Virginia.
Southwestern United States
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
National Health Programs
Health Services Accessibility
Delivery of Health Care
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
United States Food and Drug Administration
Government Publications as Topic
Midwestern United States
The geographic area of the midwestern region of the United States in general or when the specific state or states are not indicated. The states usually included in this region are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
Health Care Sector
Northwestern United States
Emigration and Immigration
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Health Care Costs
The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.
Continental Population Groups
Health Care Surveys
Legislation as Topic
European Continental Ancestry Group
United States Dept. of Health and Human Services
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Health insurance coverage for all persons in a state or country, rather than for some subset of the population. It may extend to the unemployed as well as to the employed; to aliens as well as to citizens; for pre-existing conditions as well as for current illnesses; for mental as well as for physical conditions.
Health Care Rationing
Costs and Cost Analysis
The containment, regulation, or restraint of costs. Costs are said to be contained when the value of resources committed to an activity is not considered excessive. This determination is frequently subjective and dependent upon the specific geographic area of the activity being measured. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
United States Department of Agriculture
A cabinet department in the Executive Branch of the United States Government concerned with improving and maintaining farm income and developing and expanding markets for agricultural products. Through inspection and grading services it safeguards and insures standards of quality in food supply and production.
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Public Health Practice
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Rural Health Services
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Interviews as Topic
Health Services Needs and Demand
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Community Health Services
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Advertising as Topic
Health Status Disparities
Drug and Narcotic Control
Cost of Illness
The personal cost of acute or chronic disease. The cost to the patient may be an economic, social, or psychological cost or personal loss to self, family, or immediate community. The cost of illness may be reflected in absenteeism, productivity, response to treatment, peace of mind, or QUALITY OF LIFE. It differs from HEALTH CARE COSTS, meaning the societal cost of providing services related to the delivery of health care, rather than personal impact on individuals.
Quality of Health Care
An approach to health care financing with only one source of money for paying health care providers. The scope may be national (the Canadian System), state-wide, or community-based. The payer may be a governmental unit or other entity such as an insurance company. The proposed advantages include administrative simplicity for patients and providers, and resulting significant savings in overhead costs. (From Slee and Slee, Health Care Reform Terms, 1993, p106)
World Health Organization
Federal program, created by Public Law 89-97, Title XVIII-Health Insurance for the Aged, a 1965 amendment to the Social Security Act, that provides health insurance benefits to persons over the age of 65 and others eligible for Social Security benefits. It consists of two separate but coordinated programs: hospital insurance (MEDICARE PART A) and supplementary medical insurance (MEDICARE PART B). (Hospital Administration Terminology, AHA, 2d ed and A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, US House of Representatives, 1976)
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Communicable Disease Control
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Wounds and Injuries
Social Control Policies
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
United States Virgin Islands
A group of islands in the Lesser Antilles in the West Indies, the three main islands being St. Croix, St. Thomas, and St. John. The capital is Charlotte Amalie. Before 1917 the U.S. Virgin Islands were held by the Danish and called the Danish West Indies but the name was changed when the United States acquired them by purchase.
Decision Making, Organizational
Academies and Institutes
African Continental Ancestry Group
John R. Baylor
United States. Cong. Senate (1904) [1st pub. Confederate government. Cong.:1861-1862]. Journal of the Congress of the ... John R. Baylor was born in Paris, Kentucky in 1822, the son of a United States Army surgeon and his wife. He had a brother, ... He was elected to state government as a legislator and became a rancher. In 1881 he killed another man in an argument, when he ... 57-84 The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union Chapter 27 - United States. War Dept. , p. ...
1971 in radio
Special Materials Section, United States Information Agency. 1972. p. 37. Dr. Hemant Kumar Pandey & Manish Raj Singh (1 August ... Government Printer. 1984. p. 268. Randel Don (1996). The Harvard Biographical Dictionary of Music. Harvard University Press. p ... 2 January: A ban on radio and television cigarette advertisements goes into effect in the United States. 3 January: Open ... 105-6. ISBN 978-0-520-95007-8. United States. Congress. Senate. Foreign Relations (1971). Public Financing of Radio Free Europe ...
In the United States, 3M operates 80 manufacturing facilities in 29 states, and 125 manufacturing and converting facilities in ... 3M later struck a $70MCAD deal with the federal government of Canada and the Ontario provincial government to produce N95 masks ... 3M made $32.8 billion in total sales in 2018, and ranked number 95 in the Fortune 500 list of the largest United States ... The product was sold as "Post-its" in 1979 when the rollout introduction began, and was sold across the United States from ...
139-. ISBN 978-0-16-093494-0. United States. War Department (1945). Technical Manual (TM 11-272 ed.). US Government. TM 11-487 ... The Signal Corps: the emergency (to December 1941). Government Printing Office. pp. ...
United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-07-06. "Government , United States". ... "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 24, 2020. "U.S. Census website". United States Census ... "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. "US Board on Geographic Names". United States ... According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.42 square miles (24.40 km2), of which 9.32 square ...
United States Senate, Ninety-third Congress, second session. Government Printing Office. pp. 7, 15. Luks, Samantha; Salamone, ... Social History of the United States, 2008, p. 53. Social History of the United States, 2008, p. 54. "Mrs. King to Speak: ... In the United States, Black genocide is the characterization that the mistreatment of African Americans by both the United ... More information on the Black experience with slavery in the United States can be found in African-American history. The United ...
El Monte Thai Garment Slavery Case
United States Government. Green Card for Immigrant (S Nonimmigrant) "Department of Homeland Security" United States Citizenship ... Two brothers evaded arrest and fled to Thailand and are still considered fugitives by the United States government. Since the ... detention where the workers were detained and held captive again but this time in the hands of the United States government for ... the United States Department of Labor - Wage and Hour Division, the State of California Occupational Safety and Health ...
Global Positioning System
... is a satellite-based radionavigation system owned by the United States government and operated by the United States Space Force ... Another important predecessor to GPS came from a different branch of the United States military. In 1964, the United States ... The nuclear triad consisted of the United States Navy's submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) along with United States ... The United States government created the system, maintains it, and makes it freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver.[ ...
United States Government. 1890. Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs to the Secretary of the Interior. United States ... In 1859, the United States government moved them to the Leased District in Indian Territory. During the Civil War, the tribe ... United States government. 1891. p. 398. Hagan (2003) p. 182 Hagan (2003) p. 223 Hagan (2003) p. 19 Hagan (2003) p. 38 Hagan ( ... Oklahoma State University Library. Archived from the original on 26 April 2008. Retrieved 12 November 2011. United States Soil ...
1964. United States. Congress. House. Government Operations. Federal Effort Against Organized Crime. 1970. U.S. vs. ... United States. Congress. Senate. Government Operations Committee. Organized Crime and Illicit Traffic in Narcotics. ...
"President Bush Presents 2007 National Medals of Science and Technology and Innovation". United States Government. 29 September ... "U.S. Commerce Secretary Gutierrez Announces Technology Council". United States Patent and Trademark Office. 19 August 2008. ...
The Nome Nugget
United States Government. Retrieved 3 March 2018. "CHRONOLOGY OF NOME NEWSPAPERS" (PDF). Alaska State Library. State of Alaska ... Additionally, the Nome Nugget is delivered to every state in the United States via subscriptions. The Nome Nugget is the ... The Nome Nugget is a weekly newspaper published on Thursdays in Nome, Alaska, United States and serves the entire Northwest ... According to the Alaska State Library the first newspaper in Nome was the Nome News, established in 1899, In 1900 the name was ...
John Walter Smith
United States Congress. "John Walter Smith (id: S000577)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. John Walter ... Maryland State Government. April 4, 2011. Retrieved September 11, 2018. Whyte, Jr., Frank F. (1970). The Governors of Maryland ... a member of the Democratic Party in the United States, held several public offices representing the state of Maryland. From ... and state licensing and oversight. Smith also freed the State from much of its debt by the time he departed from the position ...
Law of Bolivia
Government Printing Office. 1923. Google Books Anna-Stina Ericson. Labor Law and Practice in Bolivia. United States Bureau of ... Bolivia (Plurinational State of): Commercial Code. WIPO. Bolivia (Plurinational State of): Law No. 1768. WIPO. Bolivia. Guide ... Trade Information Bulletin, volume 134). United States. Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce. ... Organisation of American States. Bolivia (Plurinational State of): Penal Code, WIPO. Paola Gaeta. The UN Genocide Convention: A ...
United States Government. Retrieved 23 March 2021. "Peace Monument". Architect of the Capitol. United States Government. ... On the southeast side facing the United States Capitol there is a figure of Peace, and on the northwest side, there are figures ...
Cornelia C. Cameron
United States Government. p. 1. "C. C. Cameron , Semantic Scholar". www.semanticscholar.org. Retrieved 2020-12-15. "Cornelia C ... United States. Dept. of the Interior. Office for Equal Opportunity (1990). Profile of women at work in the U.S. Department of ... Her work helped identify more than 70 million tons of peat in the United States. She published dozens of papers on this subject ... During her time at the United States Geological Survey, Cameron received two awards. In 1977, she received the USGS' ...
United States Government. Archived (PDF) from the original on March 21, 2015. Retrieved May 2, 2015. Atwell, Mary Welek. 2002 ... Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009. Current Population Reports, P60-238, U.S. Government ... states. In June 2020, the United States Supreme Court ruled that federal civil rights law protects gay, lesbian and transgender ... "a significant impact of children on women's pay is generally found in the United Kingdom and the United States". Fathers earn $ ...
Energy Consumers Relief Act of 2013
1582 This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Government.. ... It was referred to the United States House Committee on Energy and Commerce and the United States House Energy Subcommittee on ... to submit reports to both the United States Congress and the United States Department of Energy whenever it tried to implement ... The bill was introduced into the United States House of Representatives during the 113th United States Congress. According to ...
Mining in Australia
"Gross-Domestic-Product-by-Industry Accounts". United States government. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. ... By comparison, in the United States mining represents only about 1.6% of GDP. The mining sector employs a relatively small ... Government of Australia. Archived from the original on 20 August 2006. Retrieved 18 June 2006.CS1 maint: multiple names: ... Australia has mining activity in all of its states and territories. The Minerals Council of Australia estimates that 0.02% of ...
Mammoth Cave National Park
United States Government Printing Office. Livesay, Ann, and McGrain, Preston (revised) (Livesay and McGrain 1962). Geology of ... List of caves in the United States List of longest caves in the United States List of national parks of the United States Index ... United States Department of Agriculture. Retrieved 2019-07-15. "PRISM Climate Group, Oregon State University". www.prism. ... 15-16 Brucker and Murray 1983 David Rains Wallace; United States. National Park Service. Division of Publications (2003). ...
Raymundo Perdigon Brito
United States Congress. Government Printing Office. ISBN 978-0-16-086825-2. Retrieved 2013-07-17. Jacquard, Emily (5 November ... Notes The Cuban government often charges journalists with "pre-criminal social danger". Although they have not committed any ... He had published articles on foreign websites that documented government abuses. On 17 November 2006, he and his sister Ana ... In February 2009, the Inter American Press Association (IAPA) called on the Cuban government to release 25 journalists who were ...
Knight Rider (1982 TV series)
2; 1986; p. 5 "CPI Inflation Calculator". Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Government. United States Government. Retrieved May ... Television portal United States portal 1980s portal 1982 in American television Knight Rider (franchise) Automan (1983) Blue ... This novel also states that April is Devon's daughter, but this was never used in the series and is not considered[by whom?] ... The back of the book states that it is adapted from Goliath and Goliath Returns, but the actual story is only adapted from ...
United States. Office of Education (1903). Circulars of Information of the Bureau of Education. Government Printing Office. The ...
Cambodian Freedom Fighters
Annual Reports". United States government. Retrieved 21 May 2020. "Cambodian Freedom Fighters (CFF)". Encyclopedia. Retrieved ... United States. It was incorporated and registered at the Californian Secretary of State's office as a political organization in ... The CFF claim to have 500 members in the United States and up to 20,000 supporters in the Kingdom of Cambodia. The military ... includes Cambodian-Americans based in Thailand and the United States and former soldiers from the separatist Khmer Rouge, Royal ...
"Substitutes in Total Flooding Agents". United States Environmental Protection Agency. United States government. Retrieved 3 May ... United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SNAP Listed) Chemori 227 (Chemori) (United States Environmental Protection ... Its NOAEL for cardiac sensitization is 9%. The United States Environmental Protection Agency allows concentration of 9% volume ... FE-227 FM-200 (Dupont) (United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SNAP Listed) FITECH - 227 (Fitech Engineers) ...
Río Verde (Oaxaca)
Joint Operations Graphic (Air). United States Government. 2000. "Río Verde". Retrieved 5 September 2016. "El paso de la Reina ... The Río Verde is a river in the state of Oaxaca in Mexico. It is formed by the confluence of the Atoyaquillo and Colorado ... The watershed covers almost a fifth of Oaxaca state and is home to over a third of its population, and faces serious ... In the Postclassic period development shifted away from the floodplains to the city-state of Tututepec, located in the ...
Atlanta metropolitan area
"2009 Incorporated place and minor civil division population dataset". United States Government. Archived from the original on ... The city of Atlanta is the most wired city in the United States. Many residents access the internet on a high-speed broadband ... The region is one of the metropolises of the Southeastern United States, and is part of the emerging megalopolis known as ... In 1990 Greater Atlanta had the largest Japanese population in the Southeast United States. The Consulate General of Japan in ...
United States Government. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2019. "Treasury Sanctions Major Islamic State of Iraq and ... United States Government. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2019. Adamczyk, Ed (11 December 2015). "Islamic State ... He was sanctioned on 29 September 2015 by the United States Department of the Treasury. According to the US Treasury, he " ... "Islamic State finance chief 'killed in air strikes'". BBC News Online. BBC Online. BBC. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 19 December ...
"United States Patent and Trademark Office". uspto.gov. United States government. Retrieved 11 June 2014. "Mellon Arena: History ... The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) records show that David S. Miller, founder of Rollamatic Retractable ... The first retractable roof sports venue was the now-demolished Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. ... Most retractable roofs are made of metal, while some, such as the roof of State Farm Stadium, are made of water-resistant ...
Mohamedou Ould Slahi
... the United States and al-Qaeda had a common goal. Both the United States and al-Qaeda were opposing a communist government of ... "GUANTANAMO DETAINEE PROFILE Detainee ISN: MR-760" (PDF). United States Government. 18 February 2016. Rosenbach, Marcel (April ... and fought against the Afghan central government in 1992, but that he was never an enemy combatant against the United States. ... the mujahideen in Afghanistan were attempting to topple the communist government of Mohammad Najibullah. The United States also ...
Ariosa v. Sequenom
On June 27, 2016, the Supreme Court of the United States denied the petition for a writ of certiorari. ... a b https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/062716zor_4fbi.pdf *^ According to the patent, fetal DNA is from 0.39% of ... the Supreme Court of the United States denied Sequenom's petition for a writ of certiorari. ... Sue Nym, a pseudonymous biotech blogger, deplores the state of patent-eligibility jurisprudence: "Seemingly every new court ...
Commander Operations (Royal Navy)
Office of the Second Permanent Under-Secretary of State (Royal Navy). *Office of the Second Permanent Under-Secretary of State ... "data.gov.uk. MOD, 31 March 2016. Archived from the original on 8 August 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2017.. ... Commander United Kingdom Strike Force- *Commander UK Carrier Strike Group. *Commander Littoral Strike Group ... Department of the Permanent Under-Secretary of State (Royal Navy). *Department of the Permanent Under-Secretary of State ( ...
... was necessary when anthropologists aided the United States and its allies in World War II. Unable to visit Nazi Germany or ... Benedict was among the leading cultural anthropologists who were recruited by the US government for war-related research and ... One student who felt especially fond of Ruth Benedict was Ruth Landes. Letters that Landes sent to Benedict state that she ... "Thirty-four nations are now united in a common cause-victory over Axis aggression, the military destruction of fascism" (p. 1 ...
"United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.. *^ a b "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. ... Government and infrastructure. Local government. Baytown has a council-manager form of government. Rick Davis ... County, state and federal services. The United States Postal Service operates the Baytown Main Post Office at 601 West ... "State and County Quick Facts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 15, 2015. Retrieved March 4, ...
United States federal executive departments
... the United States being a presidential system) they are led by a head of government who is also the head of state. The ... The United States federal executive departments are the principal units of the executive branch of the federal government of ... Primary unit of the executive branch of the federal government of the United States ... The heads of departments are members of the Cabinet of the United States, an executive organ that normally acts as an advisory ...
"Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.. *^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on ... Location in the United States. Coordinates: 36°48′10″N 118°12′00″W / 36.80278°N 118.20000°W / 36.80278; -118.20000 ... The 2010 United States Census[Note 1] reported that Independence had a population of 669. The population density was 137.4 ... According to the United States Census Bureau, Independence covers an area of 4.9 square miles (13 km2), over 99% of it land. ...
T细胞 - 维基百科，自由的百科全书
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. May 2011, 108 (22): 9196-201. PMC 3107287. ... niaid.nih.gov - The Immune System. *T-cell Group - Cardiff University. *(Successful!) Treatment of Metastatic Melanoma with ... Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. May 2009, 106 (20): 8290-5. Bibcode:2009PNAS.. ...
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs
... as being one of the key catalysts for increased government regulation over food and drugs in the United States which led to the ... The book takes particular aim at the pharmaceutical market in the United States during the period, citing extensive lists of ... Schlink first released in 1933 by the Vanguard Press and manufactured in the United States of America. Its central argument ... The book goes on to state that the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 is not effective in arresting these trends, and real reform ...
In the United States, trade unions were formed based on power with the people, not over the people like the government at the ... United States. Main articles: Labor unions in the United States and Labor history of the United States ... In the United States, state level right-to-work laws mandate the open shop in some states. In Germany only open shops are legal ... United Kingdom. Main articles: Trade unions in the United Kingdom and History of trade unions in the United Kingdom ...
Liquefied natural gas
Commercial operations in the United States. The East Ohio Gas Company built a full-scale commercial liquid natural gas ( ... The first large scale liquefaction of natural gas in the U.S. was in 1918 when the U.S. government liquefied natural gas as a ... Hrastar, John (2014). Liquid Natural Gas in the United States: A History (First ed.). Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & ... In the United States the beginnings of a public LNG Fueling capability is being put in place. An alternative fuelling centre ...
In March 2013 the Environment Secretary Owen Paterson announced that the United Kingdom Government is to plant a quarter of a ... "Update on ash dieback (Chalara fraxinea) in Europe: New confirmed hosts and description of the perfect state". North American ... On 9 November 2012 the United Kingdom Government unveiled its strategy. Environment Secretary Owen Paterson announced that it ... The government also banned ash imports but experts described their efforts as "too little too late". The UK Government ...
In the United States, where education is decentralized, some magnet schools are established by school districts and draw only ... while others are set up by state governments and may draw from multiple districts. Other magnet programs are within ... Magnet schools emerged in the United States in the 1970s as one means of remedying racial segregation in public schools, and ... From 1985 to 1999, a US district court judge required the state of Missouri to fund the creation of magnet schools in the ...
Talk:United States Information Agency
"Even beyond the organ of the Government set up to handle information about the United States and to explain our policies, what ... United StatesWikipedia:WikiProject United StatesTemplate:WikiProject United StatesUnited States articles. ... I have just modified one external link on United States Information Agency. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have ... This article is within the scope of WikiProject United States, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of topics ...
United States: Twenty-First Century Books. p. 68. ISBN 9780761363613.. *^ Brito, Leonardo Barbosa Barreto de; Ricardo, Djalma ... Australian Government - Land and Water Australia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 March 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2010.. ... Further information: Hunger (motivational state). There are many physiological mechanisms that control starting and stopping a ... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/dispomim.cgi?id=164160&rn=1 ...
Arya Samaj in Singapore
United Arab Emirates. *Uzbekistan. *Vietnam. *Yemen. States with. limited recognition. *Abkhazia. *Artsakh ...
Hayward Unified School District
... in the United States. Supervised by the superintendent and the HUSD board of trustees, the district serves about 21,000 ... http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/sd/details.asp?cds=01611926001085&Public=Y ...
"United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 19, 2017.. *^ a b "Calipatria". Geographic Names Information System. United States ... "Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.. ... "United States Census Bureau. Retrieved April 16, 2015.. *^ a b "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017. ... Location in the United States. Coordinates: 33°07′32″N 115°30′51″W / 33.12556°N 115.51417°W / 33.12556; -115.51417 ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Originally-and in cooperation with the State of New York (which donated the land)-the U.S. government planned to establish a ... on matters relating to the United States Merchant Marine Academy to the President of the United States and the United States ... The United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA or Kings Point) is a United States service academy in Kings Point, New York. ... Gray H. Miller - Senior United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas ...
Furthermore, it is no longer recommended to use in the United States for initial treatments due to pill burden and risk of ... "livertox.nih.gov. Retrieved 2018-10-21.. *^ MacGill M (July 24, 2018). "High bilirubin levels: Meaning, symptoms, and tests". ... In response to this hefty price, Merck stated that it cost a lot to research and develop the drug, and they did not have enough ...
In the United States, the 1974 Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) required that for states to receive federal ... US Government Printing Office. ISBN 978-0160514760. . Archived from the original on 2013-02-15.. CS1 maint: uses authors ... All states require that applicants for MD licensure be graduates of an approved medical school and complete the United States ... Incidents of heavy metal poisoning have been attributed to the use of these compounds in the United States. ...
United States. The species is not native, but a few small deer farms in the southeastern United States have successfully ... Currently, certain local governments offer bounties from 30,000 won($30) to 50,000 won($50) during the farming season. However ... Chinese Water Deer are now located in United Kingdom, France and Argentina, and even some in the United States. ... The British Deer Society coordinated a survey of wild deer in the United Kingdom between 2005 and 2007 and noted the Chinese ...
Leiner Health Products
... in what the United States Department of Justice termed the largest criminal antitrust conspiracy ever uncovered. On March 10, ... "In the Matter of LEINER HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC". ftc.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2006. "CPSC, Leiner Health Products Announce Recall ...
List of medical colleges in India
Most of the medical school were set up by the central and state governments in the 1950s and 60s. But in the 1980s, several ... Government Medical College, Bettiah 2008 Bettiah Aryabhatta Knowledge University Government  Indira Gandhi Institute of ... Government Medical College, Nagpur. *Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur (run by the Nagpur Municipal Corporation) ... Colleges run by the Government of Maharashtra. *Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (run by the Government of India; exams ...
Pedra da Mina, a mountain in the state of São Paulo, in 1997. ... United Kingdom (1815-1822). *Empire (1822-1889). *Old Republic ...
List of sign languages by number of native signers
United States. American Black American. Protactile. Blackfeet. Cree. Cheyenne. Ojibwa. Keresign. Martha's Vineyard. Navajo. ... Officially recognized by Spanish Government. Native to Spain except Catalonia and Valencia.. 100,000 ... Native to United States, Canada and Guatemala. Used in varying degrees in Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Côte d'Ivoire, ... Native to United Kingdom.. 125,000 Russian Sign Language. French Sign Language family. Native to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, ...
United Nations Environment Programme) *^ United States Agency for International Development Iraq Marshlands Restoration Program ... The marshes had for some time been considered a refuge for elements persecuted by the government of Saddam Hussein, as in past ... A report by the United States Agency for International Development noted that while some Maʻdān had chosen to return to their ... However, after the First Gulf War (1991), the Iraqi government aggressively revived a program to divert the flow of the Tigris ...
South Vietnam and the United States sent troops to the country to bolster his government. This pulled Cambodia into the ... With Sihanouk no longer part of the government, Pol Pot's government stated that the "national revolution" was over and that ... Establishing the new government: 1975Edit. Pol Pot's government held its early meetings in the Silver Pagoda, which later ... un-aligned rather than following the Thai and South Vietnamese governments in allying with the anti-communist United States.[94 ...
It is generally misinterpreted as a theocratic state or a religious Hindu state. Nation (Rashtra) and State (Rajya) are ... Ideals of Bharadari governmentEdit. The policies of the old Bharadari governments of Gorkha Kingdom were derived from ancient ... with the aim of uniting the various Hindu religious denominations and to usher social reform. The first VHP meeting at Mumbai ... The state is purely a political concept. The State changes as the political authority shifts from person to person or party to ...
2000 United States Census
Since the first census in 1790, the decennial count has been the basis for the United States representative form of government ... "www.census.gov. Retrieved October 26, 2015.. *^ a b "Resident Population of the 50 States, and the District of Columbia April 1 ... State rankingsEdit. Rank. State. Population as of. 1990 Census. Population as of. 2000 Census. Change. Percent. change. ... "United States Census Bureau. December 28, 2000. Retrieved August 24, 2012.. *^ "Ranking Tables for Incorporated Places of ...
"United States Central Command. Retrieved 2012-12-03.. *^ "Nowruz in Georgia and the Georgian Legacy in Iran". 28 March 2010. ... "Kurdistan Regional Government. Kurdistan Regional Government. Retrieved 16 February 2015.. *^ Historical Dictionary of the ... the House of Representatives of the United States passed the Nowruz Resolution (H.Res. 267), by a 384-2 vote, "Recognizing ... The government has stated that the Newroz celebrations will be tolerated as long as they do not become political demonstrations ...
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
United States Government Manual - Wikipedia
The United States Government Manual is the official handbook of the federal government, published annually by the Office of the ... "United States Government Manual". Federal Digital System (FDsys). Government Printing Office (GPO). Retrieved 21 September 2014 ... U.S. Government Manual, official online version of the United States Government Manual, continually updated. ... "The U.S. Government Manual website (usgovernmentmanual.gov). U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO). Retrieved 21 September 2014 ...
United States government | Hosted
Top United States government News. States on hook for billions under Trumps unemployment plan. Aug. 9, 2020 7:15 PM EDT ... Latest United States government News. Trumps pandemic relief orders are limited in scope. Aug. 9, 2020 7:29 PM EDT ... NEW YORK (AP) - As the new academic year arrives, school systems across the United States are struggling to cope with the COVID ... Equally up in the air is whether states, which are necessary partners in Trumps plan to bypass Congress, will sign on. Trump ...
United States government | Hosted
Top United States government News. States on hook for billions under Trumps unemployment plan. Aug. 9, 2020 9:26 PM EDT ... Latest United States government News. Azar meets with Taiwan President Tsai on breakthrough visit. Aug. 9, 2020 11:09 PM EDT ... NEW YORK (AP) - As the new academic year arrives, school systems across the United States are struggling to cope with the COVID ... Equally up in the air is whether states, which are necessary partners in Trumps plan to bypass Congress, will sign on. Trump ...
United States Government Publishing Office - Wikipedia
The United States Government Publishing Office (GPO; formerly the United States Government Printing Office) is an agency of the ... United States. Bureau of Foreign Commerce, United States. Dept. of Commerce and Labor. Bureau of Statistics, United States. ... "United States Government Publishing Office. 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2018.. *^ "GPO Uniformed Police". United States ... United States. Bureau of Foreign Commerce (1891). Reports from the consuls of the United States, Issues 124-127. WASHINGTON: G. ...
Good Government Organizations (United States) - Wikipedia
The United States has a history of citizen, nonprofit, and other non-partisan groups advocating good government that reaches ... Council of State Governments. National Governors Association. National Association of State Budget Officers. National ... and transparency in government and to disseminate the leading best practices to government managers. The Project On Government ... California Forward was formed in 2008 to renew the governance of the state government through citizen-driven solutions to ...
Homework Center: United States Government
Government Ethics (USOGE), United States Office
The United States Office of Government Ethics (OGE) is charged with setting standards intended to regulate and ensure ethical ... United States Department of Government Ethics. , http://www.usoge.gov ,(December 1, 2002). ... The overall purpose of the OGE is to maintain a high standard of ethics in the practice of government and to build and maintain ... The Office of Government Relations and Special Projects (OGRSP) is responsible for advising Congress, the Office of Management ...
Chronic Kidney Disease in the United States, 2019
Links do not constitute an endorsement of any organization by CDC or the federal government, and none should be inferred. CDC ... Modeling the impact of obesity on the lifetime risk of chronic kidney disease in the United States using updated estimates of ... Download the print version: Chronic Kidney Disease in the United States, 2019 pdf icon[PDF - 2 MB] ... In 2016, nearly 125,000 people in the United States started treatment for ESKD, and more than 726,000 (2 in every 1,000 people ...
Digital Government Strategy - United States Department of State
... www.state.gov/digitalstrategy/bureaudirectory.json. State Department Documents. DIGITAL GOVERNMENT STRATEGY REPORT. Report in . ... state.gov. Comments or questions on the FSCP Working Group may be sent to [email protected]State.Gov. ... www.state.gov/digitalstrategy.xml. Report in .html format: https://www.state.gov/digital-government-strategy-report-for-the- ... A description of the open data (metadata) available or planned to be available is posted at www.state.gov/open-government- ...
Open Government Archives - United States Department of State
United States recognizes new Cuban government - HISTORY
... officials recognize the new provisional government of the island nation. ... In his final State of the Union address before Congress, President Harry S. Truman tells the world that that the United States ... www.history.com/this-day-in-history/united-states-recognizes-new-cuban-government ... Less than two years later, the United States severed diplomatic relations, and in April 1961, unleashed a disastrous-and ...
Nonenterprise special district | United States government | Britannica
Other articles where Nonenterprise special district is discussed: special district: Sometimes nonenterprise special districts charge use or service fees, which are minor sources of revenue, such as from rental of facilities and swimming pool admission charges. However, nonenterprise districts basically rely on property taxation or other taxes, such as sales tax. Services commonly provided by nonenterprise…
Articles about United States Government Communications - latimes
Find breaking news, commentary, and archival information about United States Government Communications From The latimes ... Accessing the government through the Internet and the World Wide Web is one way to do this. ... Accessing the government through the Internet and the World Wide Web is one way to do this. ... When Vice President Al Gore started talking about reinventing government three years ago, one of his most frequent refrains was ...
Indirect initiative | United States government | Britannica.com
Scanners for Government Sector - Fujitsu United States
The Government sector has demanding requirements, and Fujitsu scanners are up to the task. Learn more about how our scanners ... as well as the Government Paperwork Elimination and Reduction Act - require government at the state, local, and federal levels ... Government - Contacts. George Patrick Sr. State and Local Business Development Manager Fujitsu Computer Products of America, ... Scanners for the Government Sector. National security, corporate scrutiny, and healthcare-industry reform have created a huge ...
Government Transportation Products & Services | 3M United States
United States Government Goes Skateboarding
Articles about Western United States Government Officials - latimes
Find breaking news, commentary, and archival information about Western United States Government Officials From The latimes ... A federal appeals court in San Francisco ruled Monday that public officials in nine western states--including California--can ... A federal appeals court in San Francisco ruled Monday that public officials in nine western states--including California--can ...
Editing United States government buildings - Wikitravel
traveltopic}} There are numerous government buildings in the [[United States]], but the main ones are the state capitols and ... State governments === In each of these state capitol cities has a state capitol building. The cities here are listed in ... United States government buildings are usually very safe places because they have security checks. However, the importance of ... The interesting thing about United States capital cities is that many of them are not the largest cities in their state. ...
ACTA and The United States Government
No agencies can conclude an international agreement in the name of the United States without first consulting with the State ... and stated that ACTA was in fact already binding on the United States. By implication, Congress has no role in reviewing and ... While ACTA is indeed a global issue, the United States has played a major role in the agreements structure, while attempting ... First, they contradicted previous statements from the USTR that ACTA does not create a binding obligation on the United States ...
United States Government | The Irish Times
Get up to date with the latest news and stories about the organisation United States Government at The Irish Times. Breaking ... The United States government has long believed that the Russian state mounted a concerted digital campaign of interference in ... faces a critical year after its main source of funding from the United States government was cancel(...) ... US secretary of state Mike Pompeo said he is prepared to give Saudi Arabia more time to investigate the disappearance of ...
United States Government - Conservapedia
The United States Government is the federal government of the United States of America. Under the United States Constitution, ... government in the United States is organized according to a system of dual sovereignty. That is, the Constitution enumerates ... The legislative power is vested in Congress; the executive power, in the President of the United States of America and in ... Retrieved from "https://conservapedia.com/index.php?title=United_States_Government&oldid=1084972" ...
Government shutdown felt across the United States | Reuters.com
... the impact of the government shutdown is evident across the United States. Sarah Irwin reports.} ... 1 - From park closures to furloughed federal workers, the impact of the government shutdown is evident across the United States ... Government shutdown felt across the United States. Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 01:58 ... Government shutdown felt across the United States. Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 01:58 ...
Category:History of the United States government - Wikimedia Commons
Media in category "History of the United States government". The following 39 files are in this category, out of 39 total. ... English: This category contains government-related articles concerning the history of the United States. ... Category:History of the United States government. From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository ... Message of President Gerald R. Ford nominating Nelson A. Rockefeller to be Vice President of the United States, 08-20-19 - NARA ...
China vs United States Government Stats Compared
... based on Government information. Gather all the stats about Administrative divisions... and more. ... Get a full comparison between China vs United States, ... Government Stats: compare key data on China & United States * ... United States 435 Ranked 25th. Leaders > Head of state > Term limit for head of state 5 Ranked 60th. 25% more than United ... United States 356 Ranked 21st. Red tape > Time to resolve insolvency > Years 1.7 Ranked 137th. 13% more than United States 1.5 ...
Ecuador vs United States Government Stats Compared
... based on Government information. Gather all the stats about Administrative divisions... and more. ... Get a full comparison between Ecuador vs United States, ... Government Stats: compare key data on Ecuador & United States * ... United States 0.191 Ranked 186th. Leaders > Head of state > Term limit for head of state 4 Ranked 139th. The same as United ... 59% more than United States 370 Ranked 164th. Democracy > Female parliamentarians 14.6% Ranked 54th. 6% more than United States ...
Federal Register :: United States Government Life Insurance
... regulations relating to United States Government Life Insurance (USGLI). It deletes provisions that have become obsolete. It ... United States Government Life Insurance. A Rule by the Veterans Affairs Department on 06/07/1996. ... https://www.federalregister.gov/d/96-14368 https://www.federalregister.gov/d/96-14368 * Email this document to a friend ...
2018AmericaCongress20192000AccountabilityOfficialsContentPrinting OfficeFederalDepartmentSupreme CourtMainUscirf.govExpendituresNewsConstitutionEntitiesSouth AfricaSenateCommittee19451961Department'sDiplomaticPresidentialBureauRecognizeCiteDemocracyOfficeTitleNationsOfficesAgenciesFiscalConstitutionsHistoryLocalRemarksSkepticsWidelyHeadquartersElectorsSecretary of StPetitionResultsOrganizationSovereignAustralian GovernmentAgencyYearsCitizenDemocraticTerritoriesAccountableJurisdiction
- The United States assesses with confidence that the Syrian regime used chemical weapons in the eastern Damascus suburb of Duma on April 7, 2018, killing dozens of men, women, and children, and severely injuring hundreds more. (whitehouse.gov)
- To underscore this point, not only has Russia shielded the Assad regime from accountability for its chemical weapons use, but on March 4, 2018, Russia used a nerve agent in an attempted assassination in the United Kingdom, showing an uncommonly brazen disregard for the taboo against chemical weapons. (whitehouse.gov)
- On November 29, 2018, the Australian Government passed the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (the "Act"), which requires all companies operating in Australia and meeting a threshold of AU$100 million in total annual global revenue to report annually on their efforts to address modern slavery in their operations and supply chains. (mondaq.com)
- In this study, we use administrative data on county-level economic conditions from 1969 to 2018 and election results across multiple levels of government to examine the effect of the local economy on elections for local, state, and federal offices in the United States. (cambridge.org)
- 2009 $ in January of 2018, according to the United States Federal Reserve. (tradingeconomics.com)
- Historically, United States - Real government consumption expenditures and gross investments: Federal: Health reached a record high of 165.61300 in January of 2018 and a record low of 78.29300 in January of 1999. (tradingeconomics.com)
- The Federal Government of the United States ( U.S. Federal Government ) is the national government of the United States , a federal republic in North America , composed of 50 states , a federal district , five major self-governing territories , and several island possessions . (wikipedia.org)
- The United States Code (US Code) is the Code of Laws of the United States of America and is a compilation and codification by subject matter of all the general and permanent Federal laws of the United States. (gpo.gov)
- Equally up in the air is whether states, which are necessary partners in Trump's plan to bypass Congress, will sign on. (ap.org)
- The office produces and distributes information products and services for all three branches of the Federal Government, including U.S. passports for the Department of State as well as the official publications of the Supreme Court , the Congress , the Executive Office of the President , executive departments , and independent agencies . (wikipedia.org)
- With demand for print publications falling and a move underway to digital document production and preservation, the name of the GPO was officially changed to "Government Publishing Office" in a provision of an omnibus government funding bill passed by Congress in December 2014. (wikipedia.org)
- The National Academy of Public Administration is an independent, nonpartisan organization chartered by Congress in 1967 to assist federal, state, and local governments in improving their effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability. (wikipedia.org)
- The Office of Government Relations and Special Projects (OGRSP) is responsible for advising Congress, the Office of Management and Budget, and the president on ethical implications of monetary, economic, and corporate policy. (faqs.org)
- Federal government === * '''[[Washington, DC]]''' is the location of many important US buildings, including the White House, US Capitol Building, Library of Congress, and the US Supreme Court. (wikitravel.org)
- Since 2008, the U.S. Trade Representative's Office (USTR) has repeatedly stated that ACTA was negotiated as a "sole executive agreement" under the President's power to conclude agreements regarding matters delegated to the President under Article II of the U.S. Constitution, and therefore does not need to be put before Congress for review and approval. (webpronews.com)
- Ambassador Kirk quoted from the State Department's letter , suggesting that Congress had authorized the Executive to negotiate ACTA, and stated that ACTA was in fact already binding on the United States. (webpronews.com)
- For the first time in 17 years - the U.S. government shut down after members of Congress failed to compromise on a funding bill. (reuters.com)
- Financing of Aswan High Dam in Egypt: Hearing Before the Committee on Appropriations, United States Senate, Eighty-fourth Congress, Second Session. (upenn.edu)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 29, 2009 WASHINGTON, D.C. - The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), an independent, bipartisan federal agency advising the Administration and Congress, sent letters to President Obama on May 28, urging him to raise. (uscirf.gov)
- All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives. (wikibooks.org)
- The actual Enumeration shall be made within three years after the first meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent term of ten years, in such manner as they shall by law direct. (wikibooks.org)
- If Congress cannot approve a budget by this Friday at midnight, the federal government will shut down. (mondaq.com)
- This may be of interest to members of Congress and other members of government, policymakers, lawyers, and law students. (gpo.gov)
- In the lead-up to the 2019 G20 Summit in Osaka, our three governments intend to work with other members of the G20 to promote quality infrastructure development. (whitehouse.gov)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 10, 2000 Contact: Lawrence J. Goodrich, Communications Director, (202) 523-3240 The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom wrote to President Clinton August 8 urging that he raise with President Obasanjo of Nigeria "the need for his government to. (uscirf.gov)
- A longitudinal, repeated-measures study of US state-level infant mortality and state and local government spending for the years 2000-2016, the most recent data available. (aappublications.org)
- Since 1950, AGA has served government accountability professionals by providing quality education, fostering professional development and certification for its members who are government accountants, auditors, budget, and finance professionals. (wikipedia.org)
- It supports the development of standards and research to advance accountability at all levels of government. (wikipedia.org)
- It has a particular focus on accountability and government performance. (wikipedia.org)
- The Institute's research arm has sponsored a series of forums, research, and recommendations to bring insight and transformation to the federal government by emphasizing the importance of performance, accountability, and transparency in government and to disseminate the leading best practices to government managers. (wikipedia.org)
- The Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Patriot and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) Acts - as well as the Government Paperwork Elimination and Reduction Act - require government at the state, local, and federal levels, to employ reliable and efficient data-storage technology. (fujitsu.com)
- The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is a research, education, and outreach organization that works with scholars, policy experts, and government officials to connect academic learning and real-world practice. (wikipedia.org)
- Just six days after the fall of the Fulgencio Batista dictatorship in Cuba, U.S. officials recognize the new provisional government of the island nation. (history.com)
- The fall of the pro-American government of Batista was cause for grave concern among U.S. officials. (history.com)
- Dulles and other U.S. officials may have viewed recognition of the new Cuban government as a way to forestall the ascension to power of more radical elements in the Cuban revolution. (history.com)
- A federal appeals court in San Francisco ruled Monday that public officials in nine western states--including California--can be sued individually when they vote to pay punitive damage awards for a police officer found liable for brutality. (latimes.com)
- The United States did not pledge a specific amount, because the money is tied up in legalities, including U.S. and U.N. sanctions, U.S. officials said. (washingtonpost.com)
- For weeks, U.S. officials have stopped short of official diplomatic recognition because of concerns about whether a post-Gaddafi government set up by rebel leaders would be truly inclusive politically and geographically. (washingtonpost.com)
- Strange.Just a couple of years ago, an Arizona resident collected certified medical blood test documents from seriously ill Arizonians and sent them to various State and Federal elected officials demanding an investigation. (causes.com)
- The United States Government Manual is the official handbook of the federal government , published annually by the Office of the Federal Register and printed and distributed by the United States Government Printing Office . (wikipedia.org)
- Government Printing Office" redirects here. (wikipedia.org)
- For other uses, see Government Printing Office (disambiguation) . (wikipedia.org)
- formerly the United States Government Printing Office ) is an agency of the legislative branch of the United States federal government . (wikipedia.org)
- The Government Printing Office was created by congressional joint resolution (12 Stat. 117 ) on June 23, 1860. (wikipedia.org)
- A summary statement of the agency's purpose and role in the Federal Government. (wikipedia.org)
- The Federal Digital System (FDsys) offers freely downloadable PDF copies of the U.S. Government Manual for 1995-96 and all subsequent editions to the present, and ASCII text copies from 1995-96 to 2009-2010. (wikipedia.org)
- There are at least two dozen organizations that focus on management improvement at the federal level: Government Performance Coalition. (wikipedia.org)
- Through its research stipends and events, it facilitates discussion of new approaches to improving the effectiveness of government at the federal, state, local, and international levels. (wikipedia.org)
- The Partnership is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that works to revitalize the federal government by inspiring a new generation to serve and by transforming the way government works. (wikipedia.org)
- The office's mission is to prevent personnel from using their position in the federal government for personal gain (monetary or otherwise), and to prevent fraud and abuses of power. (faqs.org)
- For example, court and congressional events take place in federal and state capitols. (wikitravel.org)
- That is, the Constitution enumerates certain powers to the federal government, while the states retain the rest. (conservapedia.com)
- and the judicial power, in the United States Supreme Court and in various inferior federal courts . (conservapedia.com)
- Oct. 1 - From park closures to furloughed federal workers, the impact of the government shutdown is evident across the United States. (reuters.com)
- From park closures to furloughed federal workers - the impact of the government shutdown is evident - across the U.S.. In New York City, the Statue of Liberty was closed to visitors - where ticket holders were offered refunds - or a boat ride around Liberty Island. (reuters.com)
- In Washington, the shutdown closed museums, monuments and the National Zoo - and - in this city where the U.S. government is the number one employer - many shops and restaurants offered deals to federal workers forced to stay home without pay. (reuters.com)
- The executive departments are the major operating units of the federal government, but many other agencies have important responsibilities for keeping the government and the economy working smoothly. (countrystudies.us)
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) coordinates the work of federal, state, and local agencies in responding to floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters. (countrystudies.us)
- The Federal Reserve Board is the governing body of the Federal Reserve System, the central bank of the United States. (countrystudies.us)
- The Federal Reserve regulates private banking institutions, works to contain systemic risk in financial markets, and provides certain financial services to the U.S. government, the public, and financial institutions. (countrystudies.us)
- A departmental headquarters of a U.S. federal government agency leveraged VMware to transform desktop delivery from a physical, client-server, manual-touch business model to a totally virtualized, cloud-delivered, infrastructure-as-a-service model. (vmware.com)
- Before making a release determination, the FOIA Office often coordinates with other Federal agencies, foreign governments, and commercial entities whose information may be contained in USTR records. (ustr.gov)
- The link you selected is for a destination outside of the Federal Government. (cpsc.gov)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 7, 2003 Contact: Anne Johnson, Director of Communications, (202) 523-3240, ext. 27 WASHINGTON-- The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), an independent and bipartisan federal agency, has written to President Bush urging. (uscirf.gov)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 6, 2009 Contact: Anu Narasimhan Communications Department, [email protected] (540) 230-6670 WASHINGTON, D.C. - The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), an independent, bipartisan federal agency advising the. (uscirf.gov)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 22, 2008 Contact: Judith Ingram, Communications Director, (202) 523-3240, ext. 127 [email protected] WASHINGTON - The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, an independent, bipartisan federal agency. (uscirf.gov)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Sept. 6, 2007 Contact: Judith Ingram, Communications Director, (202) 523-3240, ext. 127 WASHINGTON-The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, an independent, bipartisan federal agency, has sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza. (uscirf.gov)
- IBM services, hardware, and software are widely used by governments globally, and WebSphere Portal has been used by 30 U.S. Federal Government agencies, 22 U.S. states, every G8 country and 10 of the 16 Middle East countries. (ibm.com)
- The noble ideals of union were swamped by devotion to local interests, class conflict, regional jealousy, states' rights, and dark suspicions about corruption, subversion of democracy, and the exercise of what some deemed overweening federal power. (jhu.edu)
- The Public Inspection page on FederalRegister.gov offers a preview of documents scheduled to appear in the next day's Federal Register issue. (federalregister.gov)
- There have been 12 federal government shutdowns since 1981, when the Attorney General first interpreted budgetary law to permit such actions. (mondaq.com)
- Of all the cases working their way through the federal court system none is more interesting or potentially more life changing than Juliana v. United States. (cbsnews.com)
- Even the federal government now acknowledges in its response to the lawsuit that the effects of climate change are already happening and likely to get worse, especially for young people who will have to deal with them for the long term. (cbsnews.com)
- Trading Economics provides the current actual value, an historical data chart and related indicators for United States - Real government consumption expenditures and gross investments: Federal: Health - last updated from the United States Federal Reserve on October of 2020. (tradingeconomics.com)
- Recently, the Federal Circuit issued a series of decisions that address the rights and immunities that the federal and state government have when they become party to a post-grant proceeding before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). (mondaq.com)
- In Regents of the University of Minnesota v. LSI Corp. , the Federal Circuit held that state sovereign immunity does not apply in inter partes review proceedings. (mondaq.com)
- State governments typically have sovereign immunity and are not subject to lawsuits in federal court 4 , but a state may waive sovereign immunity and consent to suit. (mondaq.com)
- 5 However, state sovereign immunity does not bar a federal agency from bringing an enforcement action against a state. (mondaq.com)
- Return Mail sued the United States Postal Service (USPS) in the Court of Federal Claims, alleging that the USPS had infringed Return Mail s patent for processing undeliverable mail. (mondaq.com)
- Return Mail appealed the PTAB s decision to the Federal Circuit, which held that the U.S. government is a person eligible to petition for CBM review and affirmed the PTAB s invalidity decision. (mondaq.com)
- The patent statutes do not define person, and, in the absence of context indicating otherwise, courts apply the U.S. Code s Dictionary Act to interpret statutes, which excludes the federal government from its definition of person. (mondaq.com)
- In concluding that the context of the AIA is insufficient to overcome the presumption, the Court rejected the USPS s argument that person, as used in 311 and 321, should include the federal government because 207 expressly authorizes federal agencies to apply for and obtain patents. (mondaq.com)
- Title 31 Money and Finance covers the Budget, the Fiscal Process and Program Information including appropriations and appropriations accounting as well as public debt including the borrowing authority in relation to the public debt limit, General duties of the Secretary of the Treasury, Audits by agencies, Federal payments to State and Local Governments, and more. (gpo.gov)
- Individuals, policy makers, and investors in the American economy, as well as lobbyists, economists, financial analysts, and financial brokers may be interested in the laws surrounding the fiscal process and money management of the US Federal Government. (gpo.gov)
- United States Department of Government Ethics. (faqs.org)
- This page publicly reports the U.S. Department of State's progress in meeting the requirements of the Digital Government Strategy and implementing the Open Data Policy. (state.gov)
- In order to comply with the FSCP, an inter-bureau working group within the State Department has drafted policy to address the technical implementation of the FSCP mandates. (state.gov)
- The Department of State will also continue to participate actively in the bi-weekly interagency coordination meetings facilitated by OMB as it strives to achieve the objectives of the policy memorandum. (state.gov)
- The letter from the State Department suggests that ACTA came about to help "answer the legislative call" of the PRO-IP Act, even though ACTA was announced the year before, in October 2007. (webpronews.com)
- No agencies can conclude an international agreement in the name of the United States without first consulting with the State Department. (webpronews.com)
- The determination of whether an agreement is an international agreement for this purpose must be made by the Office of the Legal Advisor to the State Department (and not the USTR). (webpronews.com)
- State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert withdraws from consideration for the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations nomination. (wikipedia.org)
- This E-Government Strategic Plan provides the Department s E-Government Framework and a path forward to becoming a digital department to better support DOL s customers. (dol.gov)
- The Plan identifies the following activities that the Department will pursue in the near term in support of its E-Government strategy. (dol.gov)
- In conjunction with the implementation of these activities, the Department will develop biannual E-Government progress reports using its E-Government scorecard and the E-Government maturity model, which will serve as the basis for integrated action plans. (dol.gov)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 30, 2002 The Honorable Colin L. Powell Secretary of State United States Department of State Washington, DC 20520 Dear Secretary Powell: As envisioned in the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 (IRFA), the U.S. Commission on International Religious. (uscirf.gov)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 9, 2009 Contact: [email protected] (202) 523-3240, ext. 114 WASHINGTON -- The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom is seriously concerned that the Department of Homeland Security(DHS) has failed to properly implement many of the. (uscirf.gov)
- The U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Justice issued a significant guidance document stating that transgender students should be provided rights and opportunities consistent with their gender identity. (mondaq.com)
- The United States Department of the Treasury - Internal Revenue Service - Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division has been absorbed by or is a component of the following. (odmp.org)
- The United States Department of the Treasury - Internal Revenue Service - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms has been absorbed by or is a component of the following. (odmp.org)
- In Return Mail Inc. v. United States Postal Service , the Supreme Court held that the U.S. government is not a person capable of challenging the validity of an issued patent before the PTAB. (mondaq.com)
- Types === There are a few notable types of government buildings: the main ones are the capitol buildings, which are found in Washington DC and state capital cities. (wikitravel.org)
- Evidence suggests that government expenditures on non-health care services can reduce infant mortality, but it is unclear what types of spending have the greatest impact among groups at highest risk. (aappublications.org)
- News that the United States would recognize the rebel government as the legitimate authority in Libya spread quickly in the rugged desert mountains south of Tripoli, where rebel fighters have been battling Libyan troops . (washingtonpost.com)
- Media Center » Video Immigration News In October of this year, the United States will start to take submissions for the Green Card Lottery to determine who the recipients will be for 55,000. (workpermit.com)
- Media Center » Video Immigration News Many governments of the world are currently changing and reforming their immigration and migration laws and regulations. (workpermit.com)
- A government Web portal helps present information from diverse sources in a unified way and delivers other services, such as e-mail and news. (ibm.com)
- Under the United States Constitution , government in the United States is organized according to a system of dual sovereignty . (conservapedia.com)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 17, 2003 Contact: Anne Johnson, Director of Communications, (202) 523-3240, ext. 27 WASHINGTON - The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) has written President Bush raising its concerns that the constitution currently. (uscirf.gov)
- Yet within a decade of the Constitution the high-minded goal of knitting the states together gave way to bitter debates over who was to get what facilities. (jhu.edu)
- These decisions bring clarity to the extent to which a governmental entity can participate in PTAB proceedings, and may have implications for private entities that work with the government or work in technology spaces that the government also operates in. (mondaq.com)
- 2 Thus, parties sued for infringement by state entities retain the ability to challenge the validity of the asserted patent before the PTAB rather than being limited to challenging validity in district court. (mondaq.com)
- In 1948, the Afrikaner Nationalist Government became the ruling party in South Africa and instituted the brutal system known as. (tradebit.com)
- SOUNDBITE: SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE JOHN BOEHNER, SAYING: "I am disappointed in the actions of the United States Senate this morning rejecting the bill passed by the house last night. (reuters.com)
- The U.S. Senate votes to confirm Trump nominee William Barr as United States Attorney General with a vote of 54-45. (wikipedia.org)
- The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided. (wikibooks.org)
- United States Congressional Serial Set, Serial No. 14936, Senate Documents Nos. (gpo.gov)
- United States Congressional Serial Set, Serial No. 14943, Senate Reports Nos. (gpo.gov)
- Committee on Government Operations. (openlibrary.org)
- The Special Committee on Decolonization today approved a draft resolution calling on the Government of the United States to assume its responsibility to expedite a process that would allow the people of Puerto Rico to exercise fully their right to self-determination and independence. (un.org)
- Approving the text without a vote, the Special Committee called on the United States to move forward with a process to allow the Puerto Rican people to take decisions in a sovereign manner, and to address their urgent economic and social needs, including unemployment, marginalization, insolvency and poverty. (un.org)
- Also by the text, the Special Committee urged the United States Government to complete the return of occupied land and installations on Vieques Island and in Ceiba to the Puerto Rican people, and to expedite and cover the costs of cleaning up and decontaminating areas previously used for military exercises, with a view to protecting the health of their inhabitants and the environment. (un.org)
- Further by the text, the Special Committee called upon the President of the United States to release, without delay, the Puerto Rican political prisoner Oscar López Rivera, who had served more than 35 years in a United States prison for reasons relating to the Puerto Rican quest for independence. (un.org)
- Throughout the day, the Special Committee heard from dozens of petitioners, many of whom stressed that the sovereign state of Borinken did not recognize the legitimacy of the United States Government over the Territory's people, describing all actions taken by the imperial Power there as illegal. (un.org)
- One petitioner underlined that the state of Borinken should not have to wait another 30 or 40 years to have its due freedom, adding that action by the Special Committee could be a significant step forward that could lead to the end of Puerto Rico's colonial status. (un.org)
- United Nations Conference on International Organization (1945: San Francisco, Calif. (smu.edu)
- Less than two years later, the United States severed diplomatic relations, and in April 1961, unleashed a disastrous-and ineffectual-attack by Cuban exile forces against the Castro government (the Bay of Pigs invasion). (history.com)
- Despite a 71% decline in infant mortality in the United States between 1961 and 2010, infants in the United States had a 76% greater risk of death in the early part of the 21st century compared with 19 other developed nations. (aappublications.org)
- The Department's FSCP Working Group is building a Departmental Source Code Inventory and Repository, leading to the work of State computer coders being available to other government agencies and computer analysts worldwide. (state.gov)
- Comments or questions on the Department's Digital Strategy may be sent to [email protected] . (state.gov)
- Our new design makes it easier to find and learn about the State Department's programs and services-from passports and visas to learning how U.S. diplomacy benefits the American people. (state.gov)
- Second, in citing the PRO-IP Act of 2008, the State Department's letter highlights the haphazard and unusual way in which ACTA has been concluded. (webpronews.com)
- Although the State Department's letter stopped short of calling ACTA a Congressional-Executive Agreement, it certainly seemed intended to give that impression. (webpronews.com)
- ISTANBUL - The United States granted Libyan rebel leaders full diplomatic recognition as the governing authority of Libya on Friday, a move that could give the cash-strapped rebels access to more than $30 billion in frozen assets that once belonged to Moammar Gaddafi. (washingtonpost.com)
- The epidemiology of malaria among U.S. government personnel attached to diplomatic posts has not been reported. (ajtmh.org)
- Prevention of malaria among U.S. Government employees attached to diplomatic posts should particularly focus on those serving in sub-Saharan Africa and malarious areas of Asia. (ajtmh.org)
- The success of the 2020 presidential election could hinge on a most unlikely government agency: the U.S. Postal Service. (ap.org)
- During presidential election years, the Coalition sponsors events to highlight the importance of good government management issues in the campaign and to prepare materials that would be helpful to the winning candidate's incoming political appointees. (wikipedia.org)
- A large literature on retrospective voting in the United States finds that the president's party is rewarded in presidential elections for strong economic performance and punished for weak performance. (cambridge.org)
- Bureau of the Budget and United States. (stlouisfed.org)
- The secretary counseled President Dwight D. Eisenhower to recognize the Urrutia government, since it seemed to be "free from Communist taint" and interested in "friendly relations with the United States. (history.com)
- Please cite Government Information Resources , Southern Methodist University as the source of this file . (smu.edu)
- In broadening the public understanding of government and its work, an enlightened democracy can grow and prosper. (bookdepository.com)
- United States Government: Our Democracy allows high school students to master an understanding of the structure, function, and powers of government at all levels. (mheducation.com)
- The United States Office of Government Ethics (OGE) is charged with setting standards intended to regulate and ensure ethical conduct of personnel within the executive branch. (faqs.org)
- Office of Management and Budget , United States. (google.com)
- We'll all figure it out together, just me, my government, and that man in the polo shirt who hangs out outside my gynecologist's office holding the sign with the fake bloody fetus on it. (mcsweeneys.net)
- Special Analyses of the United States Government , Fiscal Year 1978 , Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget, pp. 260, 277, and 278. (google.com.my)
- The activities of the GPO are defined in the public printing and documents chapters of Title 44 of the United States Code . (wikipedia.org)
- The name and title of any person or role roughly equivalent to a U.S. Chief of State. (nationmaster.com)
- Head of government includes the name and title of the top administrative leader who is designated to manage the day-to-day activities of the government. (nationmaster.com)
- Since the 1990s, the United States has consistently had the highest rates of infant mortality compared with other developed nations. (aappublications.org)
- Welcome to the United Nations. (un.org)
- Governor Alejandro García Padilla of Puerto Rico pointed out that the United Nations recognized the political sovereignty of Puerto Rico as an autonomous political entity, adding that the posture of the United States Government was incompatible with what was said within the General Assembly. (un.org)
- Other petitioners expressed serious concern over the imposition of capital punishment in Puerto Rico, saying the death penalty was a demonstration of subjugation, contrary to the United Nations Charter and a denial of the fundamental human right. (un.org)
- I was just wondering if in addition to the $52 million for Guaidó, are there any plans for the United States to support the United Nations-led humanitarian efforts within Venezuela, as well as any funding for other countries in the region with respect to migrants? (usaid.gov)
- Fujitsu scanners meet the demanding requirements of government offices with image-processing solutions that include the world's fastest scanners (capturing up to 180 images per minute. (fujitsu.com)
- U.S. Government agencies are asked to "build a 21st century digital Government that delivers better digital services to the American people. (state.gov)
- The Project Open Data website is a collection of supporting code, tools, and case studies designed help agencies adopt the Open Data Policy and help users unlock the potential of government data. (state.gov)
- Government agencies are deploying secure digital workspaces across use cases and mission programs, enabling anytime, anywhere, on any device access to government data and applications while transforming citizen service delivery. (vmware.com)
- Citrix solutions for state and local government simplify the complexity of providing high availability app and data access to employees, mobile workers, first responders, contractors, and vendors of state and local agencies. (citrix.com)
- IBM ) today announced that it has accelerated the delivery of government services for a variety of public agencies, including Los Angeles County , the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission , the City of Helsinki , and the Finnish Defence Forces with the help of IBM software. (ibm.com)
- Government agencies can quickly set up and manage business portals to help ensure efficient delivery of services to citizens, such as on-line tax information and local emergency and disaster updates. (ibm.com)
- We are pleased that government agencies worldwide are using IBM technologies to help deliver exceptional Web experiences to their constituents, and are winning awards for doing so," said Larry Bowden, vice president, Portals and Mashups, IBM. (ibm.com)
- Importantly, the Trilateral Partnership intends to work with governments of the Indo-Pacific to support and encourage infrastructure projects that adhere to international standards and principles for development, including openness, transparency, and fiscal sustainability. (whitehouse.gov)
- Fiscal Year 1997," Budget of the United States Government - Appendix (February 5, 1996). (stlouisfed.org)
- Using internal improvements as his vehicle, John Lauritz Larson seeks to "illustrate the complex interaction of different strains of revolutionary republicanism with the actual practice of politics and government under new constitutions in environments of clashing interests and rapidly changing conditions-instabilities that were exaggerated by the Revolution itself" (pp. 2-3). (jhu.edu)
- The United States has a history of citizen, nonprofit, and other non-partisan groups advocating good government that reaches back to the late-19th-century municipal-level Progressive Movement (see Progressivism in the United States Municipal Administration) and the development of governmental professional associations in the early part of the 20th century, such as the American Public Human Services Association and the International City/County Management Association. (wikipedia.org)
- This category contains government-related articles concerning the history of the United States . (wikimedia.org)
- But the 1995-96 shutdown endured for 21 days, and in October 2013 the last such event in our nation's history, the government hung a "Sorry, We're Closed" sign on its front door for 16 days. (mondaq.com)
- History of malaria in the United States Naval Forces at war: World War I through the Vietnam conflict. (ajtmh.org)
- These often give tourists an idea of the successes of that state or country, and local resources (such as minerals or rocks) and political portraits are commonly displayed in these exhibits. (wikitravel.org)
- The flags of independent states are used by their dependencies unless there is an officially recognized local flag. (nationmaster.com)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) works with state and local governments throughout the United States to control and abate pollution in the air and water and to deal with problems related to solid waste, pesticides, radiation, and toxic substances. (countrystudies.us)
- Citrix solutions for state and local government provide mobile support and remote access to applications, files, and forms, so workers save time that's best spent assisting clients and patients. (citrix.com)
- Anytime, anywhere access to apps and information using Citrix solutions for state and local government greatly improves situational awareness and speeds response times, while protecting PII data. (citrix.com)
- Citrix solutions for state and local government has a centralized approach that enables the use of low-cost thin clients as endpoint devices that are easy to lock down and replace if broken. (citrix.com)
- Citrix solutions for state and local government also help you provide real-time information to travelers and staff, even when demand spikes. (citrix.com)
- With Citrix solutions for state and local government, you can extend that same level of care to your mobile workers, giving them anytime, anywhere access from any device. (citrix.com)
- Citrix solutions for state and local government ensure that confidential information is kept safe while still providing the necessary real-time access to all involved parties. (citrix.com)
- State and local governments spend, on average, $9 per person. (aappublications.org)
- By contrast, there is no clear consensus about whether politicians are held accountable for the local economy at other levels of government, nor how voters react to the economy in a complex system of multilevel responsibility. (cambridge.org)
- In his remarks, U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Madagascar, Michael Pelletier, emphasized that, "The ACCESS health program is the largest health project the United States has ever funded in Madagascar, and continues the strong partnership between our two countries. (usaid.gov)
- COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The Ohio governor's positive, then negative, tests for COVID-19 have provided fuel for skeptics of government pandemic mandates and critics of his often-aggressive policies. (ap.org)
- Four years in, it is still very much alive, in part because the plaintiffs have amassed a body of evidence that will surprise even the skeptics and have forced the government to admit that the crisis is real. (cbsnews.com)
- The burden of influenza disease in the United States can vary widely and is determined by a number of factors including the characteristics of circulating viruses, the timing of the season, how well the vaccine is working to protect against illness, and how many people got vaccinated. (cdc.gov)
- Capitol buildings are like the headquarters of the state or country. (wikitravel.org)
- The House of Representatives shall be composed of members chosen every second year by the people of the several states, and the electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislature. (wikibooks.org)
Secretary of St3
- Secretary of State John Foster Dulles overrode Smith's concerns. (history.com)
- The rebels' Transitional National Council "has offered important assurances today, including the promise to pursue a process of democratic reform that is inclusive both geographically and politically," Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said in an explanation of the decision to other foreign ministers. (washingtonpost.com)
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 17, 2003 Contact: Anne Johnson, Director of Communications, (202) 523-3240, ext. 27 WASHINGTON - The United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) has written Secretary of State Colin Powell urging the U.S. government to raise. (uscirf.gov)
- Sign the Petition to United States Government · Stop Spraying Our Skies! (causes.com)
- The results of this study confirm much of the existing qualitative research that management capacity and collaboration are critical elements of e-government adoption. (igi-global.com)
- Did you mean zika and 'last 6 months'[dp] and English[lang] and ('public health' or government of community ) and 'united states' (79 results)? (nih.gov)
- before the 1973/74 edition it was known as the United States Government Organization Manual . (wikipedia.org)
- In addition to Article III courts, state sovereign immunity has been held to apply in agency adjudications that are similar to court adjudications. (mondaq.com)
- The Australian Government cannot intervene on your behalf if you do not meet your destination's entry or exit requirements. (smartraveller.gov.au)
- USADA is the United States Anti-Doping Agency, the independent, non-governmental, national anti-doping agency for Olympic, Paralympic Pan American and Para panamerican sports in the United States. (healthfinder.gov)
- 1) Under such terms and conditions as the President may direct, any agency of the United States Government may separate from Government service for a specified period any officer or employee of that agency who accepts employment with the Institute. (house.gov)
- Death or retirement of any such officer or employee during approved service with the Institute and prior to reemployment or reinstatement shall be considered a death in or retirement from Government service for purposes of any employee or survivor benefits acquired by reason of service with an agency of the United States Government. (house.gov)
- 4) Any officer or employee of an agency of the United States Government who entered into service with the Institute on approved leave of absence without pay prior to April 10, 1979, shall receive the benefits of this section for the period of such service. (house.gov)
- ANTANANARIVO - The U.S. Government, through the U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID), together with Madagascar's Ministry of Public Health has officially launched the Accessible Continuum of Care and Essential Services Sustained (ACCESS) Activity -a five-year, $90-million health program that aims to improve and expand health services for the Malagasy people. (usaid.gov)
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is the U.S. Government's preeminent foreign assistance agency. (usaid.gov)
- When Vice President Al Gore started talking about reinventing government three years ago, one of his most frequent refrains was about the need to follow the lead of private business and make better use of modern electronic communication pathways, such as the Internet, to bring public service to the citizenry. (latimes.com)
- An entry level representative government relations (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of $56,505. (salaryexpert.com)
- On the other end, a senior level representative government relations (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of $98,885. (salaryexpert.com)
- Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. (wikibooks.org)
- No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the age of thirty years, and been nine years a citizen of the United States and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen. (wikibooks.org)
- The government has known for over 50 years that burning fossil fuels would cause climate change. (cbsnews.com)
- Steve Kroft: You're 11 years old, and you're suing the United States government, that's not what most 11-year-olds do, right? (cbsnews.com)
- I met with the new prime minister of Sudan, that country's first civilian head of government in more than 30 years. (usaid.gov)
- This research uses the citizen-initiated contacts with government literature as a way of understanding e-government effectiveness. (igi-global.com)
- I met yesterday with the Venezuelan ambassador to the United States, Carlos Vecchio, and the rest of the Venezuelan delegation to announce $52 million in new funding to support the government of Interim President Juan Guaidó and the people of Venezuela as they seek to restore citizen-responsive democratic governance in that country. (usaid.gov)
- It advocates for greater effectiveness in government, agents of goodwill and professionalism, publishers of democratic journalism, purveyors of progressive theory and practice, and providers of global citizenship. (wikipedia.org)
- Together, they would form an interim government to rule in Gaddafi's place and then guide the country through democratic reforms and, ultimately, the election of a new government. (washingtonpost.com)
- The onset of industrialization completed the "transfer of power from popular democratic governments to supposedly self-regulating markets" (p. 6), an outcome that was neither intended nor predictable. (jhu.edu)
- I will thank him and his staff for the sustained courage and hard work on the front lines of the Ebola response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and our support of the government as they work to end this outbreak. (usaid.gov)
- The strategy builds on several initiatives, including Executive Order 13571 , Streamlining Service Delivery and Improving Customer Service , and Executive Order 13576 , Delivering an Efficient, Effective, and Accountable Government . (state.gov)
- We find that the president's party is held accountable for economic performance across nearly all levels of government. (cambridge.org)
- A brief description of the legal system's historical roots, role in government, and acceptance of International Court of Justice (ICJ) jurisdiction. (nationmaster.com)