NepalGovernment: The complex of political institutions, laws, and customs through which the function of governing is carried out in a specific political unit.Financing, Government: Federal, state, or local government organized methods of financial assistance.Federal Government: The level of governmental organization and function at the national or country-wide level.Local Government: Smallest political subdivisions within a country at which general governmental functions are carried-out.Government Regulation: Exercise of governmental authority to control conduct.Government Agencies: Administrative units of government responsible for policy making and management of governmental activities.Government Programs: Programs and activities sponsored or administered by local, state, or national governments.State Government: The level of governmental organization and function below that of the national or country-wide government.Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Health Policy: Decisions, usually developed by government policymakers, for determining present and future objectives pertaining to the health care system.Private Sector: That distinct portion of the institutional, industrial, or economic structure of a country that is controlled or owned by non-governmental, private interests.Developing Countries: Countries in the process of change with economic growth, that is, an increase in production, per capita consumption, and income. The process of economic growth involves better utilization of natural and human resources, which results in a change in the social, political, and economic structures.IndiaOrganizations: Administration and functional structures for the purpose of collectively systematizing activities for a particular goal.Public Policy: A course or method of action selected, usually by a government, from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions.United States Government Agencies: Agencies of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT of the United States.Rural Health: The status of health in rural populations.Public Sector: The area of a nation's economy that is tax-supported and under government control.Vitamin B 12 Deficiency: A nutritional condition produced by a deficiency of VITAMIN B 12 in the diet, characterized by megaloblastic anemia. Since vitamin B 12 is not present in plants, humans have obtained their supply from animal products, from multivitamin supplements in the form of pills, and as additives to food preparations. A wide variety of neuropsychiatric abnormalities is also seen in vitamin B 12 deficiency and appears to be due to an undefined defect involving myelin synthesis. (From Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 19th ed, p848)Vitamin B 6: VITAMIN B 6 refers to several PICOLINES (especially PYRIDOXINE; PYRIDOXAL; & PYRIDOXAMINE) that are efficiently converted by the body to PYRIDOXAL PHOSPHATE which is a coenzyme for synthesis of amino acids, neurotransmitters (serotonin, norepinephrine), sphingolipids, and aminolevulinic acid. During transamination of amino acids, pyridoxal phosphate is transiently converted into PYRIDOXAMINE phosphate. Although pyridoxine and Vitamin B 6 are still frequently used as synonyms, especially by medical researchers, this practice is erroneous and sometimes misleading (EE Snell; Ann NY Acad Sci, vol 585 pg 1, 1990). Most of vitamin B6 is eventually degraded to PYRIDOXIC ACID and excreted in the urine.Vitamin A: Retinol and derivatives of retinol that play an essential role in metabolic functioning of the retina, the growth of and differentiation of epithelial tissue, the growth of bone, reproduction, and the immune response. Dietary vitamin A is derived from a variety of CAROTENOIDS found in plants. It is enriched in the liver, egg yolks, and the fat component of dairy products.Micronutrients: Essential dietary elements or organic compounds that are required in only small quantities for normal physiologic processes to occur.Vitamins: Organic substances that are required in small amounts for maintenance and growth, but which cannot be manufactured by the human body.Poultry: Domesticated birds raised for food. It typically includes CHICKENS; TURKEYS, DUCKS; GEESE; and others.Birds: Warm-blooded VERTEBRATES possessing FEATHERS and belonging to the class Aves.Influenza in Birds: Infection of domestic and wild fowl and other BIRDS with INFLUENZA A VIRUS. Avian influenza usually does not sicken birds, but can be highly pathogenic and fatal in domestic POULTRY.Influenza A Virus, H5N1 Subtype: A subtype of INFLUENZA A VIRUS comprised of the surface proteins hemagglutinin 5 and neuraminidase 1. The H5N1 subtype, frequently referred to as the bird flu virus, is endemic in wild birds and very contagious among both domestic (POULTRY) and wild birds. It does not usually infect humans, but some cases have been reported.Vaccines: Suspensions of killed or attenuated microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa), antigenic proteins, synthetic constructs, or other bio-molecular derivatives, administered for the prevention, amelioration, or treatment of infectious and other diseases.Chickens: Common name for the species Gallus gallus, the domestic fowl, in the family Phasianidae, order GALLIFORMES. It is descended from the red jungle fowl of SOUTHEAST ASIA.Palliative Care: Care alleviating symptoms without curing the underlying disease. (Stedman, 25th ed)Medical Secretaries: Individuals responsible for various duties pertaining to the medical office routine.Public Health Informatics: The systematic application of information and computer sciences to public health practice, research, and learning.National Health Programs: Components of a national health care system which administer specific services, e.g., national health insurance.Computer Security: Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.Names: Personal names, given or surname, as cultural characteristics, as ethnological or religious patterns, as indications of the geographic distribution of families and inbreeding, etc. Analysis of isonymy, the quality of having the same or similar names, is useful in the study of population genetics. NAMES is used also for the history of names or name changes of corporate bodies, such as medical societies, universities, hospitals, government agencies, etc.Portraits as Topic: Graphic representations, especially of the face, of real persons, usually posed, living or dead. (From Thesaurus for Graphic Materials II, p540, 1995)Malaysia: A parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch in southeast Asia, consisting of 11 states (West Malaysia) on the Malay Peninsula and two states (East Malaysia) on the island of BORNEO. It is also called the Federation of Malaysia. Its capital is Kuala Lumpur. Before 1963 it was the Union of Malaya. It reorganized in 1948 as the Federation of Malaya, becoming independent from British Malaya in 1957 and becoming Malaysia in 1963 as a federation of Malaya, Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore (which seceded in 1965). The form Malay- probably derives from the Tamil malay, mountain, with reference to its geography. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p715 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p329)History, 16th Century: Time period from 1501 through 1600 of the common era.History, 15th Century: Time period from 1401 through 1500 of the common era.Spiritualism: Religious philosophy expressing the fundamental belief that departed spirits may be contacted by the living through a medium.United Nations: An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.Schools: Educational institutions.Program Evaluation: Studies designed to assess the efficacy of programs. They may include the evaluation of cost-effectiveness, the extent to which objectives are met, or impact.World Health Organization: A specialized agency of the United Nations designed as a coordinating authority on international health work; its aim is to promote the attainment of the highest possible level of health by all peoples.Tibet: An autonomous region located in central Asia, within China.Buddhism: The teaching ascribed to Gautama Buddha (ca. 483 B.C.) holding that suffering is inherent in life and that one can escape it into nirvana by mental and moral self-purification. (Webster, 3d ed)Mountaineering: A sport involving mountain climbing techniques.Asia: The largest of the continents. It was known to the Romans more specifically as what we know today as Asia Minor. The name comes from at least two possible sources: from the Assyrian asu (to rise) or from the Sanskrit usa (dawn), both with reference to its being the land of the rising sun, i.e., eastern as opposed to Europe, to the west. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p82 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p34)Theology: The study of religion and religious belief, or a particular system or school of religious beliefs and teachings (from online Cambridge Dictionary of American English, 2000 and WordNet: An Electronic Lexical Database, 1997)Altitude: A vertical distance measured from a known level on the surface of a planet or other celestial body.
Check date values in: ,access-date= (help) Government of Nepal, National Planning Commission Secretariat, Central Bureau of ... "Govt announces 61 municipalities". The Kathmandu Post. 3 December 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014. "Govt creates 61 new ... Gokarneshwar municipality has a total population of 107,351 according to 2011 Nepal census. At the time of the 2011 Nepal ... Gokarneshwar is a municipality in the Central development region of Kathmandu District in the Bagmati Zone of Nepal. The new ...
"Postal Codes of Nepal". nepalpost.gov.np. Nepal Post. Retrieved 30 December 2013. "Syangja VDC Level Report" (PDF). Central ... Wangsing Deurali is a village development committee in Syangja District in the Gandaki Zone of central Nepal. At the time of ... the 2011 Nepal census it had a population of 2374 people living in 624 individual households. " ...
"Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation - Government of Nepal". www.tourism.gov.np. Retrieved 2016-07-31. The Ramsar ... Kathmandu, Nepal. ISBN 978-92-9115-033-5 Bhandari, B. B. (2009). Wise use of Wetlands in Nepal Banko Janakari, Special Issue ... Gosaikunda (गोसाइँकुण्ड), also spelled Gosainkunda and Gosain Kunda is an alpine freshwater oligotrophic lake in Nepal's ... Nepal Biodiversity Resource Book. Protected Areas, Ramsar Sites, and World Heritage Sites. Archived 2011-07-26 at the Wayback ...
"Nepal Police". "Aryal promoted as IGP". "Women rights activists protest govt decision". "IGP Aryal leaves for India". Nepal ... Upendra Kant Aryal is 25th Chief of Nepal Police. He was appointed as the Chief of Nepal Police after succeeding Kuber Singh ... President of Nepal, Dr. Ram Baran Yadav. Addition to these honours, he has also been bestowed with 11 other decorations and ... As the Chief of Operation Department, he headed the Central Election Cell of Nepal Police and was involved in the Strategic ...
"National Symbols". Government of Antigua & Barbuda. "The Yellow Elder - The National Flower of the Bahamas". The Government of ... "Plants, Animals and Birds of Nepal". Nepal Vista. Retrieved 14 October 2013. North Korea Quarterly. Institute of Asian Affairs ... "Nova Scotia". Government of Canada. 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2015-07-18. "New Brunswick". Government of Canada. 2013-08-28. ... "British Columbia". Government of Canada. 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2015-07-18. "Prince Edward Island". Government of Canada. 2013- ...
After the death of Nanda Prasad, the Government of Nepal was criticized by various human right organizations as well as the ... "Adhikari died after refusing food, treatment: Govt". Nepal Republic Media. Archived from the original on 2014-09-24. Retrieved ... "NEPAL:Justice for Adhikari Couple". Asian Human Right Commission. Retrieved 2014-09-23. "Nanda Prasad Adhikari passes away". ... Adhikari died, after an 11-month hunger strike, demanding that the Nepali government arrest the murderers of his son. ...
On december 2,2014 nepal government has announced the creation of 61 new municipalities across the country. A meeting of the ... Government create 61 new municipalities. Republica nepal. Retrieved 2 December 2014. ... Buddhabatika is a Municipality in Kapilvastu District in the Lumbini Zone of southern Nepal.It is located 308 km west of ... Buddhabatika connects western Nepal to the capital Kathmandu. It has highway connections to the Indian Border at Krishnanagar ...
Nepal, Gyānmaṇi. (1988). Itihās lekhne paramparā ra Nepālvṛtta. [The tradition of writing history and Nepāl circle]. Ancient ... Nepal. No. 107. Kathmandu: Department of Archaeology, His Majesty's Government. pp. 1-10. Pant (2013, personal conversation). ... The Tirhutiyās entered the valley in NS 411 (1291 AD). Sultān Shams Ud-dīn raided the kingdom and reduced the whole Nepal ... Thereafter, the Solar dynasty ruled over Nepal again. Śrī Narendradeva initiated the festival of Śrī Lokeśvara of Bungamati and ...
Nepal, ECS. "Smoke on The Water: Hubby-bubbly Hookah". ECS Nepal. Retrieved 28 February 2011. "Use of Cigarettes and Other ... However, due to health concerns and unregulated consumption, the government banned shisha in late 2010. Shisha lounges were ... are popular in Nepal. Hookah usage is considered to symbolize family elitism historically. Today, however, hookahs have become ... Tobacco Products Among Students Aged 13-15 Years - Worldwide, 1999-2005". Cdc.gov. Retrieved 2010-08-22. Independent Online. " ...
Nepal, MOFALD. "Final District 1-75 Corrected Last for RAJPATRA" (PDF). mofald.gov.np. Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local ... The local body was formed by merging three VDCs namely Gajuri, Pida, Nepal, Kiranchok. At the time of the 2011 Nepal census it ... "Households by ownership of house/housing unit In use" (PDF). Nepal's Village Development Committees. Central Bureau of ... "A detailed Report" (PDF). Nepal's Village Development Committees. Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2016-07-13. " ...
Nepal Govt., नेपाली. "चौदण्डीगढी नगरपालिका" [Chaudandigadhi Municipality] (in Nepali). Retrieved 5 October 2017. "NC candidates ... 1 in Nepal. It was formed by merging some village development committee (VDC) with Beltar Basaha Municipality. The VDCs merged ... My Republica Govt announces 72 new municipalities The Kathmandu Post. ...
"Sacred Himalayan Landscape". Government of Nepal - Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation. Archived from the ... Kathmandu, Nepal. ISBN 978-92-9115-033-5 Turner, R. L. (1931). सगर् sagar and माथा matha in: A comparative and etymological ... The Sagarmāthā National Park (sagaramāthā rāṣṭriya nikuñja) is a protected area in the Himalayas of eastern Nepal that is ... Everest) national park, Khumbu, Nepal. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 95 (1): 112-140. Jefferies, M. (1991 ...
Government of Nepal, Department of Archaeology (2004). हनुमानढोका दरवार संरक्षित स्मारक क्षेत्रका वर्गीकृत स्मारकहरूको विवरण [ ... List of Monuments in Kathmandu, Nepal List of Monuments in Nepal Bisht, Kapil. "History's House". ECS Nepal. Retrieved 1 ... Government of Nepal, Ministry of Fedaral affairs, Constitutient Assembly, Parliamentary System and Culture, Department of ...
... www.mfa.gov.rs.  "Nepal". www.mfa.gov.rs.  "Pakistan, Serbia to strengthen bilateral ties". Associated Press of Pakistan ... "Mauritius". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Mozambique". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Namibia". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Rwanda". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Sao Tome and ... "Ecuador". www.mfa.gov.rs. "El Salvador". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Grenada". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Guatemala". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Guyana". www. ... "Bolivia". www.mfa.gov.rs. "Colombia". www.mfa.gov.rs.  "Chile". www.mfa.gov.rs.  "Costa Rica". www.mfa.gov.rs.  " ...
Loc.gov. 1946-04-11. Retrieved 2014-04-12. Part-Time & Freelance Jobs (2013-01-30). "Poetess Dr. Banira Giri". Boss Nepal. ... Banira Giri (born April 11, 1946) is litterateur, poet of Nepal who has published many works such as Karagar, Mero Aviskar - ... "Banira Giri (poet) - Nepal - Poetry International". Poetryinternationalweb.net. Retrieved 2014-04-12. "The Drunken Boat". The ...
Government of Nepal. Retrieved 1 June 2017. "गाविस/जिविस खारेज, ७ सय ४४ स्थानीय तह आजैबाट कार्यन्वयनमा". Nepal Aaja. Retrieved ... "स्थानीय निकाय भङ्ग, सिंहदरबारकै हैसियतका ७ सय ४४ स्थानीय तह क्रियाशील". Nepal Aaja. Retrieved 12 April 2017. "Government ... A total of 744 chiefs were selected by the government in 10 March 2017. The rural municipalities will have an annual budget of ... There are currently 481 rural municipalities in Nepal out of 744 local units. The main purpose of a gaunpalika is similar to ...
"National Population and Housing Census 2011(Village Development Committee/Municipality)" (PDF). Government of Nepal. National ... Boriya is a village development committee in Saptari District in the Sagarmatha Zone of south-eastern Nepal. At the time of the ... 2011 Nepal census it had a population of 4,849. " ...
Government of Nepal, National Geographic Information Infrastructure Program. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-24. ... "Nepal Census 2001". Nepal's Village Development Committees. Digital Himalaya. Archived from the original on 12 October 2008. ... Markabang is a village and Village Development Committee in Pyuthan, a Middle Hills district of Rapti Zone, western Nepal. " ... "Index of Geographical Names of Nepal, Volume IV: Mid Western Development Region, List of Settlements, Pyuthan" (PDF). ...
Government of Nepal. November 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-10-26. Retrieved November 2012. Check date values ... And many Primary and Secondary schools are affiliated from Government of Nepal and Community. Few Private schools such as Nobel ... At the time of the 2011 Nepal census, Mahakali Municipality had a population of 19,703 and 19,550 people living in 3,732 and ... The Bhanu Higher Multiple Campus is the only Bachelor level campus at Mahakali Municipality . There are many government schools ...
"National Population and Housing Census 2011(Village Development Committee/Municipality)" (PDF). Government of Nepal. National ... Maheshpur Patari is a village development committee in Siraha District in the Sagarmatha Zone of south-eastern Nepal. At the ... time of the 2011 Nepal census it had a population of 4396 people living in 753 individual households. " ...
Government of Nepal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 April 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013. "Nepal Census 2001". " ... According to 2001 Nepal census, literacy rate of the city is 88%. Damak Multiple Campus is oldest campus in the city ... Pashuhat located in Damak-7 is known as the biggest cattle market in the Nepal. It is not only the largest city in Mechi zone. ... It is one of the important trade center in eastern part of Nepal. There are many international organizations such as IOM, UNHCR ...
"Government announces 72 new municipalities". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 2014-06-10. "Nepal Census 2001". Nepal's Village ... At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 9,345 persons living in 1774 individual households. "72 new ... Umprempur is a town in Dhanusadham Municipality in Dhanusa District in the Janakpur Zone of south-eastern Nepal. The former ...
Government of Nepal, National Geographic Information Infrastructure Program. Retrieved 2011-03-12. Narikot: UN map of VDC ... Narikot is a town and Village Development Committee in Pyuthan, a Middle Hills district of Rapti Zone, western Nepal. "Nepal ... "Index of Geographical Names of Nepal, Volume IV: Mid Western Development Region, List of Settlements, Pyuthan" (PDF). ... Census 2001". Nepal's Village Development Committees. Digital Himalaya. Retrieved 21 September 2008. " ...
"Government announces 72 new municipalities". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 2014-06-10. "Nepal Census 2001". Nepal's Village ... At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 10,890 persons living in 977 individual household. Ramdaiya Kabaddi ... in Chhireswarnath Municipality in Dhanusa District in the Janakpur ZoneAnd central development Region of south-eastern Nepal. ...
"Government announces 72 new municipalities". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 2014-06-10. "Nepal Census 2001". Nepal's Village ... At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 3158 people living in 559 individual households. "72 new ... Jamuwa is a market center and town in Sambhunath Municipality in Saptari District in the Sagarmatha Zone of south-eastern Nepal ...
The Barton Government which came to power after the first elections to the Commonwealth parliament in 1901 was formed by the ... In the United States, trade unions were formed based on power with the people, not over the people like the government at the ... In the Nordic System of labour market regulation, the government's legislative role is limited in the same way as in the Anglo- ... Under the new law, wages increases were monitored and those ruled to be unacceptably high were rolled back by the government. ...
... the signed Nepal Peace Agreement, between the Government of Nepal and the Nepal Communist Party (Maoists) has brought this ... Apex Himalaya is a government registered company and a member of TAAN (Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal). We are legally ... Q: Is Nepal safe enough for tourist to travel?. Yes. In the past, Nepal has experienced political unrest, however since ... Q: Which is the best time to visit Nepal?. The best season to visit Nepal is after the monsoons that end in August until mid- ...
Once the seat of government for Tibet, it also remains a strong symbol of the native peoples hopes for a return to true ... The city of Sakya, along the Nepal border, is the most popular area for base camp for those attempting to traverse Mount ... and cannot forgive the expansion of the Chinese government into their holy lands, while the Chinese believe that their ... contributions to social welfare, construction of roads and schools and other government infrastructure they installed here are ...
Do you have any question about trip to Nepal? Tell us about your trip to Nepal and what you expect from it. We will answer your ... Government Registered No:113188/070. *Tourism No:1599. *VAT No:601221723. *Contact Us ... Do you have any question about trip to Nepal? Tell us about your trip to Nepal and what you expect from it. We will answer your ... Nepal Eco Adventure Pvt. Ltd. G.P.O. Box:11558, Satghumti, Thamel, kathmandu, Nepal ...
Is trekking safe in Nepal?. Yes, Nepal is a safe to travel since 2006 especially because Nepal government and revels sighed for ... Everest Trekking Related Information Nepal travel guide info Trekking and tour in Nepal How to book Nepal trip List of Trekking ... Is it compulsory to have guide in Nepal?. Actually to have a guide with you is not a compulsory till now as we go though the ... If you are staying in Nepal for 15 days you have to pay 25$ and a month stay cost 30$ and cost 100$ for 90 Days tourist visa. ...
These displaced pedophiles are now afforded VISA ON ARRIVAL by the Narendra Modi Govt -- a darling govt of the Zionists. ... GADHIMAI ANIMAL SACRIFICE FESTIVAL NEPAL .. BEFORE THE WHITE INVADER CAME TO INDIA THERE WERE NO ANIMAL SACRIFICES IN HINDU ... I ask the Modi govt this-next time a sacrificed body is found near a Hindu temple, there must be a check list to follow. ... Nepal ( near the Indo-Nepal border ) started yesterday on 28th Nov 2014, and ends today on 29th Nov 2014. ...
North Carolina RPCV discusses Nepal trek on April 14 6 Apr. South Carolina RPCVs to see off PCVs on April 18 5 Apr. Gaddi ... Government copyright laws and they may not be distributed further without permission of the copyright owner. Peace Corps Online ...
The Government of Nepal (नेपाल सरकार ), or Nepal Government, is the executive body and the central government of Nepal. Prior ... Local self-government in Nepal "GoN National Portal". www.nepal.gov.np. Retrieved 2017-10-04. ... The role of President is largely ceremonial as the functioning of the government is managed entirely by the Prime Minister who ... to the abolition of the monarchy, it was officially known as His Majestys Government(श्री ५ सरकार) . The Head of state is the ...
Government of Nepal "CIA - The World Factbook". Cia.gov. Retrieved 5 December 2012. "Nepal Provinces". statoids.com. Retrieved ... The Constitution of Nepal 2015 defines Nepal as a federal democratic republic organized around three levels of government - ... The Constitution of Nepal 2015 (Schedule 8) gives 22 powers to these local levels. This enables them to formulate laws to ... "Recently increased 22 local units published in Nepal Gazette". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 26 May 2017. "Governance system ...
... the Nepal government has approved a constitution amendment proposal to address, partially, the grievances of the Madhesis on ... Nepal govt approves constitutional amendment In a significant political breakthrough, the Nepal government has approved a ... In a significant political breakthrough, the Nepal government on Tuesday approved a constitution amendment proposal that will ... When a new government led by Maoist chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda took over power in August, it promised to address ...
conventional short form: Nepal. local long form: Sanghiya Loktantrik Ganatantra Nepal. local short form: Nepal. etymology: the ... Government. India. Nepal. Country name. "conventional long form: Republic of India. conventional short form: India. local long ... Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist Centre) or CPN-MC [Pushpa Kamal DAHAL, also known as PRACHANDA]. Communist Party of Nepal- ... Nepal Workers Peasants Party [Narayan Man BIJUKCHHE]. Rastriya Janamorcha or RJM [Chitra BAHADUR]. Rastriya Janata Party Nepal ...
Consequences of Unwanted Pregnancy in Nepal. The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the ... Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of ... Such a study is only possible in places like Nepal, where termination is legal but barriers prevent some women from receiving ... Includes publications given by the data provider as well as publications identified by ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier (NCT ...
Vitamin B12, Neurodevelopment and Growth in Nepal (BeLive). The safety and scientific validity of this study is the ... Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details. ... We have for the last 15 years undertaken studies on dietary intake and status in women and children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. In ... Publications automatically indexed to this study by ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier (NCT Number): Strand TA, Ulak M, Chandyo RK, ...
An official said that bird flu outbreaks in Nepal, which have not yet been controlled, mainly spread due to unverified vaccines ... Haphazard Use Of Vaccines Led To Bird Flu In Nepal: Government. by Rukmani Krishna on August 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM Bird Flu ... Following the outbreak, the government imposed a one-week ban on sale and supply of chicken products Aug 1-7. The ban has been ... An official said that bird flu outbreaks in Nepal, which have not yet been controlled, mainly spread due to unverified vaccines ...
Annual Report, Department of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Population, Government of Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal, 2016. ... Maternal Satisfaction on Delivery Service among Postnatal Mothers in a Government Hospital, Mid-Western Nepal. Asha Panth1 and ... To find out the maternal satisfaction on delivery service among postnatal mothers in a government hospital, Mid-Western Nepal. ... which is implementing safe motherhood programme under the government of Nepal. This hospital serves as the referral centre for ...
Socure: http://www.mof.gov.np/en/2017/10/04/news/-------------/720/ ...
Government of Nepal Hosts Convening on Ending Child Marriage with South Asian Governments ... PRESS RELEASE) With 130 million South Asian girls expected to be forced into early marriage by 2030, the government of Nepal is ... "Governments in the region have been complicit in violating the fundamental rights of young girls by failing to effectively ... The Center-which opened a regional office in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2012-has conducted legal research, built local capacity and ...
International flight operations in Nepal have been suspended since March 22 to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic in ... The Nepal governments decision to resume domestic and international flights from August 17 has prompted airline companies to ... 12 Airlines Including IndiGo Seek Permissions from Nepal Govt to Resume Flight Operations. ... Chhetri added that besides Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) and Himalaya Airlines, Indigo Air of India; Air China and China ...
Nepal has an estimated 7000 plant species - nearly 5 times that of the UK - yet the level of understanding of these natural ... Help us improve GOV.UK. To help us improve GOV.UK, wed like to know more about your visit today. Well send you a link to a ... The Flora of Nepal is a collaboration between the UK, Japan and Nepal, led by Mark at the Editorial centre in Edinburgh. The ... Mark Watson and Colin Pendry were visiting Nepal for the 5th International Editorial Meeting of the Flora of Nepal project, and ...
Nepal government renewed its appeal to international donors to send tents, tarpaulins and basic food supplies in the wake of ... nepal govt renews its appeal for more tents food supplies Kathmandu: Nepals government renewed its appeal to international ... Nepal govt renews its appeal for more tents, food supplies. Kathmandu: Nepals government renewed its appeal to international ... says Nepal govt Next StoryIndian Army mistakenly flies into Nepals sensitive China border ...
On 23 April 2017 the draft National Strategy for Palliative Care in Nepal was handed over to the Honorable Secretary for Health ... The Government of Nepal remains committed to palliative care development. For the last four years it has been providing ... National Strategy for Palliative Care handed over to the Government of Nepal. Author: Dr Daniel Munday, Advisor to the Nepalese ... Once it is officially endorsed by the Government of Nepal, it will enable us to plan and implement high quality, appropriate ...
Send a travel request to carefully selected Passports, Visas and Government Agencies in ONE CLICK to design your trip in Nepal. ... to travel companies in Nepal ❴ Home / ❴ Country Directory / ❴ Travel Agencies Nepal / ❴ Passports, Visas and Government ... Passports, Visas and Government Agencies in Nepal. No listed travel specialists can be found for this category See also:. ... Passports, Visas and Government Agencies in China Passports, Visas and Government Agencies in India ...
The government will be sending the updated map including Kalapani, Lipulekh and Limpiyadhura to various UN agencies and the ... Nepal Govt to Send Contentious Revised Map to India, UN Agencies & Google, Says Minister. Guards stationed at the India-Nepal ... Strongly reacting to the Nepal government, Indian authorities claimed that Nepals unilateral decision was not based on ... The Nepal government is preparing to send the newly updated map, which includes Kalapani, Lipulekh and Limpiyadhura as its ...
The first king of Nepal, as a kingdom, was Prithvi Narayan Shah, Narayan being his middle name and Shah his last name. just to ... Government. The Parliament has been reinstated by the popular movement in April 2006 (the Jana Andolan-II) So the type of the ... I dont think I agree with moving the whole Volunteer in Nepal article into the Nepal article. It was never part of the Nepal ... Mid Western Nepal) Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal) Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)" I ...
More than 4,400 people dead from Nepal earthquake as workers search through rubble and officials talk of near total ... The Nepalese government said it was flying helicopters to places it couldnt reach by road. ... Kathmandu, Nepal (CNN). Rescue and aid workers in Nepal are struggling to cope with the scale of the devastation dealt by ... A victim of Nepals earthquake lies in the debris of Dharahara after it collapsed on April 25 in Kathmandu, Nepal. ...
EverestNepal's20192020201620172018Narendra MODICountry's2002NepaleseMaoistDalai LamaEarthquakeCommunist PartyDeficits of localDistrictsCoalition governmentDemographic and He2000AbortionCentreProgrammeSeeksQuakeScale of the devastationBhaktapurWorld'sEarthquakesImplementDemocraticallyReformsIndia'sTeraiMaoistsTake the concrete stepsAmbassadorPrachandaAgenciesNGOsAirlines CorporationOrganizationDiarrhoea2030PopulationPoorestCAANKathmandu ValleyDisastersBilateralGovernanceWorldAuthoritiesSarlahiVulnerablePrime Minister
- Everest Base Camp is probably the most famous trekking destinations among the various other trekking destinations in Nepal . (nepalecoadventure.com)
- With the keen motive of walking along the trek that leads to the Everest Base Camp, many enthusiastic tourists visit Nepal every year. (nepalecoadventure.com)
- Scientists from the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh met with the President of Nepal, Ram Baran Yadav, and Prime Minister Khil Raj Regmi, to discuss their research on the conservation and long term sustainable use of Nepal's plant biodiversity. (www.gov.uk)
- Strongly reacting to the Nepal government, Indian authorities claimed that Nepal's unilateral decision was not based on historical facts and evidence. (news18.com)
- Nepal's current political actors - in the government and in opposition - who have been part of an agreement that India mediated in late 2005 feel more comfortable with Mukherjee, who played an active role then as a Congress minister, than with Prime Minister Modi, who they suspect to be less enthusiastic about Nepal's journey towards becoming a secular republic. (indianexpress.com)
- Kathmandu, Jun 30 (PTI) Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli's recent anti-India remarks and claim that efforts are being made to oust him after his government redrew Nepal's political map has backfired, with top leaders of the ruling Nepal Communist Party demanding his resignation on Tuesday. (yahoo.com)
- Nepal and India signed trade and investment agreements in 2014 that increase Nepal's hydropower potential, but political uncertainty and a difficult business climate have hampered foreign investment. (indexmundi.com)
- India said on Saturday said that it had noted Nepal's House of Representatives passing a constitution amendment bill for changing map of Nepal to include parts of Indian territory and the artificial enlargement of claims "is not based on historical fact" and is not tenable. (indiatimes.com)
- But, when scientists from the Center for Molecular Dynamics Nepal (CMDN) performed a genetic analysis of the tiger skins, they found six of the 15 tiger skins were poached from a remote part of Nepal's Bardiya National Park. (usaid.gov)
- In July 2014, Nepal's government pledged to end child marriage by 2020. (hrw.org)
- Nepal's government has made some effort to end the practice, but a long-promised national plan has met with delays. (hrw.org)
- Governor of Nepal Rastra Bank, Maha Prasad Adhikari in his keynote speech called the MSME sector as the growth engine of Nepal's economy. (sify.com)
- Nepal's government has ordered an investigation into the crash. (therepublic.com)
- KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) - While Nepal's latest border dispute with India has strained relations between South Asian neighbors with centuries-old historical, cultural and economic ties, it also has brought the tiny Himalayan nation's bickering political parties together in a rare show of unity. (ap.org)
- Nepal's Law Minister Shankar Nayak told the Thomson Reuters Foundation that the government had no intention of delaying or hampering the issue of accountability for war crimes, but admitted there were setbacks due to political instability. (reuters.com)
- Nepal sits on the southern slope of the Himalayas and Nepal's rivers start there and flow towards India. (newsblaze.com)
- Nepal's governments often do not relate well to their other friends in the world. (newsblaze.com)
- They have taken Nepal's water resources and many other things while Nepal has otherwise been occupied by internal a road is being constructed by political and administrative situations. (newsblaze.com)
- Nepal's government wants everyone to have access to a bank and has ordered a branch in each of the country's 753 districts. (euromoney.com)
- Lonely Planet also got on board, voting Kathmandu as one of the top 10 cities to visit in 2019 and Nepal as a top travel destination in their 2018 list. (scoop.co.nz)
- The federal government on Monday sought more time from the Supreme Court to implement the court's Jan 17, 2019 verdict which asked for providing rights to the citizens of Gilgit-Baltistan. (dawn.com)
- For full and complete compliance with the directives of the Supreme Court, time be granted for the enactment of the Gilgit-Baltistan Gover-nance Reforms 2019 such that the federal government may table the bill before the parliament of Pakistan to bring necessary amendments," the application pleaded. (dawn.com)
- GoN MoFSC (2014) Nepal biodiversity strategy and action plan 2014-2020. (springer.com)
- Estimates indicate that at least 2 million people will visit Nepal in 2020, the bulk of them from India. (indianexpress.com)
- Exploring Hydroelectricity Potential in Nepal (July23, 2020). (sify.com)
- The Government is making sure we share the prosperity of our strong economy fairly with those on the minimum wage by lifting it to $18.90 per hour on 1 April 2020 - the next step in the Government's plan for a $20 minimum wage by 2021. (scoop.co.nz)
- In a recorded message, Professor Max Watson from Northern Ireland, who himself worked for many years in Nepal and who facilitated the initial strategy workshop in 2016, said on behalf of the international delegates: "We congratulate NAPCare and the government on the development of the palliative care strategy, which shows Nepal as a leader in Asian palliative care. (ehospice.com)
- Kunwar R, Acharya L, Karki S (2016) Trends in prevalence of soil-transmitted helminth and major intestinal protozoan infections among school-aged children in Nepal. (springer.com)
- In July 2016, Oli had resigned as prime minister just before a no-confidence vote after the Maoists withdrew support from the coalition government. (yahoo.com)
- Despite a high growth rate compared to the rest of the world, India's government-owned banks faced mounting bad debt in 2015 and 2016, resulting in low credit growth and restrained economic growth. (indexmundi.com)
- When the Indian government introduced the new denominations in the months following demonetisation in 2016, the Nepal government did not make any announcement on the status of the new currency notes. (indianexpress.com)
- On 23 April 2017 the draft National Strategy for Palliative Care in Nepal was handed over to the Honorable Secretary for Health, Dr SR Supreti. (ehospice.com)
- We conducted a structured survey with 106 abortion care providers at 55 government-approved safe abortion facilities across five districts of Nepal in 2017. (springer.com)
- In 2017, a flurry of elections ushered in a coalition government of surprising and genuine stability, led by the Nepal Communist Party. (euromoney.com)
- Union Budget 2018: Government cuts funding for 16 major schemes, including Swachh. (hindustantimes.com)
- Union Budget 2018: What has the government done with the most important schemes? (hindustantimes.com)
- Nepalese rescuers stand near a passenger plane from Bangladesh that crashed at the airport in Kathmandu, Nepal, Monday, March 12, 2018. (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Following a nationwide Constituent Assembly (CA) election in 2008, the newly formed CA declared Nepal a federal democratic republic, abolished the monarchy, and elected the country's first president. (economy.com)
- China, however, is visibly concerned about the fate of its involvement in Nepal, including in constructing the country's first international airport outside the capital. (indianexpress.com)
- Because of the country's remoteness and diversity-and weak government capacity-results were disastrous. (worldbank.org)
- Nepal this month completed the process of redrawing the country's political map through a Constitutional amendment, incorporating Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura areas which India maintains belong to it. (yahoo.com)
- Until disaster struck on April 25, 2015, Nepal was most famed among travelers for its staggering beauty, and within policy circles for an explosion in the export of labor, with Nepalis working abroad having quickly become essential to the country's economic, political, and social stability. (migrationpolicy.org)
- But the country's fluid political situation, where governments change every nine or 10 months, wrangling between political parties over the constitution making and its implementation, have contributed to the delay in delivering transitional justice. (reuters.com)
- The Italian ambassador to India is concurrently accredited as his country's envoy to Nepal. (deccanherald.com)
- The SC had granted the leave after the Italian ambassador, on behalf of his country's government, filed an affidavit in the court, taking full responsibility to ensure their return after the break. (deccanherald.com)
- The ensuing 10-year civil war between Maoist and government forces witnessed the dissolution of the cabinet and parliament and the re-assumption of absolute power by the king in 2002. (economy.com)
- This report summarizes progress towards polio eradication in India, Bangladesh, and Nepal during January 2001--June 2002 and highlights the remaining challenges to eradicating polio in these countries. (cdc.gov)
- As of June 2002, India had 239 SMOs, Bangladesh had 33, and Nepal had 14. (cdc.gov)
- Rai SK, Hirai K, Abe A, Ohno Y (2002) Infectious diseases and malnutrition status in Nepal: an overview. (springer.com)
- Data were collected prospectively in 2002-2006 during a community-based trial that enrolled 23 662 newborns in rural Nepal and evaluated the impact of umbilical-cord and skin cleansing on neonatal morbidity and mortality rates. (nih.gov)
- Disaster Risk Management has remained a national priority from the initiation of 10th Five Year Plan (2002-2007) period, as the plan has incorporated the DRM Issues in Plan and Policies first time in Nepal, that underscored DRM as a main objective to ensure sustainable development, sustain development gains, public safety, effective management of natural resources and human induced disasters. (preventionweb.net)
- Despite legalization of abortion in Nepal in 2002, many women are still unable to access legal services. (springer.com)
- Since abortion was legalized in 2002, the Nepal government has taken important steps to include abortion as a component of reproductive health care, enabling many women to obtain safe, legal services. (springer.com)
- Once it is officially endorsed by the Government of Nepal, it will enable us to plan and implement high quality, appropriate palliative care to minimise the suffering of the Nepalese people. (ehospice.com)
- Nepal retained its independence following the Anglo-Nepalese War of 1814-16 and the subsequent peace treaty laid the foundations for two centuries of amicable relations between Britain and Nepal. (economy.com)
- In 1951, the Nepalese monarch ended the century-old system of rule by hereditary premiers and instituted a cabinet system of government. (faqs.org)
- Nepal reacted sharply to the inauguration of the road claiming that it passed through Nepalese territory. (yahoo.com)
- The new denominations were being used freely in Nepal over the last two years, but the latest decision will affect Nepalese labourers working in India, and a large number of middle and low-income Indian tourists who frequent Nepal every year. (indianexpress.com)
- In a February 25, 2015, presentation for the University of Washington Nepal Speaker Series, Chandra K. Jha, Ph.D., reviewed relapse risks among Nepalese drug users and described evidence-based recommendations to provide drug detoxification and rehabilitation services in the country. (drugabuse.gov)
- Nepal was already a place where international NGOs were in operation responding to the deprivations of Nepalese, but now they are compelled to move into disaster relief. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- Will the donors work with the Nepalese government structures, or bypass them as they did so often in the case of Haiti? (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- Veterinarians, farmers and government should be aware of this threat to the Nepalese pig industry and initiate an appropriate response. (nih.gov)
- Whenever the Nepalese autocrats played the China-card, the first victims were the Tibetans fighting for freedom from the autocratic rule of the Chinese proletarian leaders, and another victim, of course, was the democracy in Nepal. (scoop.co.nz)
- Indian Ambassador, Shriman Narayan replied, "I personally visited the Indo-Nepal border quite extensively and asked the district authorities to restrain effectively the Nepalese citizens from indulging in undesirable activities against the king and his government from the Indian soil. (scoop.co.nz)
- Keeping in view the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, experts and policymakers have made their remarks in an interaction held virtually by India-Nepal Centre in association with the Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI), Nepal SBI Bank Ltd (NSBL) and PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI). (sify.com)
- Both Indian and Nepalese Ministers witnessed the renewal of Supply Agreement between Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) for a period of another five years. (orissadiary.com)
- Shri Pradhan emphasized the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna (PMUY) to his Nepalese counterpart and recommended its implementation in Nepal. (orissadiary.com)
- Nepalese government unprepared for disasters. (catholic.com)
- When a new government led by Maoist chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda' took over power in August, it promised to address these demands. (hindustantimes.com)
- This ends government rule by former Maoist guerrillas, who took power in elections after fighting a civil war against the King. (pri.org)
- More than 17,000 people were killed and more than 1,300 went missing during the conflict between government forces and Maoist rebels in the Himalayan nation. (reuters.com)
- The government, it said, should issue an official apology to victims for human rights violations experienced at hands of government forces, as well as for the state's failure to protect victims of violations committed by the Maoist rebels. (reuters.com)
- Rescue and aid workers in Nepal are struggling to cope with the scale of the devastation dealt by Saturday's powerful earthquake -- digging through rubble by hand, performing surgeries in makeshift operating theaters, scouring notoriously difficult terrain for more victims. (cnn.com)
- By Tuesday morning, more than 4,400 people were confirmed dead as a result of the earthquake, the overwhelming majority of them in Nepal. (cnn.com)
- This article is about the Nepal earthquake that took place on 25 April 2015. (wikipedia.org)
- For the major aftershock on 12 May 2015, see May 2015 Nepal earthquake . (wikipedia.org)
- The April 2015 Nepal earthquake (also known as the Gorkha earthquake ) killed nearly 9,000 people and injured nearly 22,000. (wikipedia.org)
- It was the worst natural disaster to strike Nepal since the 1934 Nepal-Bihar earthquake . (wikipedia.org)
- Geophysicists and other experts had warned for decades that Nepal was vulnerable to a deadly earthquake, particularly because of its geology, urbanization, and architecture. (wikipedia.org)
- The earthquake occurred on 25 April 2015 at 11:56 am NST (06:11:26 UTC) at a depth of approximately 15 km (9.3 mi) (which is considered shallow and therefore more damaging than quakes that originate deeper in the ground), with its epicentre approximately 34 km (21 mi) east-southeast of Lamjung , Nepal , lasting approximately fifty seconds. (wikipedia.org)
- If readers have been concerned about the responses of governments and donors to the earthquake relief effort in Haiti, they know this past weekend's events in Nepal constitute a challenge that will test anything and everything we have learned about responding to disasters. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- Some people are still searching for friends and relatives who were in Nepal at the time of the earthquake. (earthquake-report.com)
- On April 25, 2015, a M w 7.8 earthquake struck the Gorkha district of Kathmandu, Nepal. (frontiersin.org)
- An AmeriCares team arrived in Kathmandu, Nepal, just 48 hours after the April 25 earthquake. (americares.org)
- As AmeriCares teams travel to earthquake-affected communities in Nepal , the general mood among survivors is one of uncertainty. (americares.org)
- With the main opposition, the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist Leninist) led by K P Oli opposing the amendment, this will be difficult - though not impossible - to achieve. (hindustantimes.com)
- And yet, despite the odds, she was nominated to the parliament by the Communist Party of Nepal-Marxist Leninist in 2008 and was on the Parliamentary Committee for Women, Children and Social Welfare. (newsblaze.com)
- As soon as the powerful Standing Committee meeting of the Nepal Communist Party started at the Prime Minister's Official residence at Baluwatar on Tuesday, former prime minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda' slammed Prime Minister Oli for the remarks he made on Sunday. (yahoo.com)
- The much anticipated one-onone meeting between co-chairs of the ruling Nepal Communist Party (NCP) Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli and Pushpa Kamal Dahal. (thehimalayantimes.com)
- But local representative councils became vehicles of pressure for government spending, and the soaring deficits of local government bodies had to be covered by the central government. (wikipedia.org)
- RHP deficits are larger than pension deficits of local governments for two main reasons. (brookings.edu)
- The government has decided to form a commission, which will resolve all other federal disputes, leaving the door open on these districts. (hindustantimes.com)
- The government has decided to allow the operation of public vehicles within respective districts. (thehimalayantimes.com)
- There are 75 districts in Nepal, 30 are damaged, 14 of them critically. (nationalpost.com)
- Distribution of cultivated buckwheat in districts of Nepal. (hindawi.com)
- Nepal has imposed restrictions in affected districts across the country to prevent and control COVID-19. (smartraveller.gov.au)
- The study was conducted in two remote mountain villages in one of the most remote and disadvantaged mountain districts of Nepal. (springer.com)
- When the governor of Nepal Rastra Bank, Chiranjibi Nepal, drew up a list of financially excluded districts, the tally came to just under 300. (euromoney.com)
- Since 2000, India, Bangladesh, and Nepal have exceeded the WHO-established target for a nonpolio AFP rate indicative of sensitive surveillance (i.e. (cdc.gov)
- Since the last wild poliovirus positive cases occurred in Bangladesh (August 2000) and Nepal (November 2000), India has been the only country in SEAR with indigenous transmission. (cdc.gov)
- Rai SK, Uga S, Ono K, Rai G, Matsumura T (2000) Contamination of soil with helminth parasite eggs in Nepal. (springer.com)
- The Flora of Nepal is a collaboration between the UK, Japan and Nepal, led by Mark at the Editorial centre in Edinburgh. (www.gov.uk)
- The webinar entitled "Enhancing Cooperation for MSMEs in Nepal" was moderated by Ambassador KV Rajan, Chairman, India-Nepal Centre, PHDCCI & India's Former Ambassador to Nepal and Nirvana Chaudhary, Chairman, India-Nepal Centre (Nepal), VP, CNI & MD, Chaudhary Group. (sify.com)
- United Nations Development Programme/National Planning Commission, Kathmandu, Nepal. (nih.gov)
- Before the government will introduce the vaccine into the routine programme, more information is needed on the level of protection that the vaccine provides. (isrctn.com)
- Active in Nepal since 1971, UNFPA has supported the health-sector programme, enhanced the national response to gender-based violence, and implemented the population and housing census. (unfpa.org)
- We aim to continue working in Karnali River basin by extending EWS to India and expand to Bagmati and Gandaki river basin based on vulnerability, poverty and lesser presence and programme of other organisations and government. (preventionweb.net)
- Nepal needs to speed up the process for formulating its National Adaptation Programme of Action (NAPA). (weadapt.org)
- The present phase of the project is entitled "Trade Unions for Social Justice" and seeks to ensure effective trade union actions to promote social justice in Nepal. (ilo.org)
- He is an activist for the "Greater Nepal" campaign, which seeks the reclamation of all the land Nepal lost to the British East India Company after the 1814-15 war, and which became a part of India. (indianexpress.com)
- As Nepal seeks to rebuild after devastating earthquakes in April and May that claimed more than 8,700 lives and injured countless more, left hundreds of thousands homeless, and dealt a blow to its vital tourism industry, the population's dependence on remittances will become even more acute. (migrationpolicy.org)
- But in the wake of the Supreme Court's order restraining him from leaving India, the government will have to step in even if he seeks to embark on a trip to Nepal, at least till the Supreme Court's next hearing of the case on April 2. (deccanherald.com)
- Study participants and site: 600 malnourished infants in Bhaktapur municipality in Nepal. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- We have for the last 15 years undertaken studies on dietary intake and status in women and children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- This case-control study was conducted among a population in the Bhaktapur municipality, Nepal, to investigate the relationship of cookfuel type to ALRI in young children. (nih.gov)
- The government in one of the world's youngest democracies collapsed yesterday when the Prime Minister of Nepal resigned. (pri.org)
- Nepal being a buffer state between China and India, the world's two fastest growing economies, they hope to reap some benefits from the proximity and have been cultivating diplomatic relations for some time. (libcom.org)
- The U.S. Government is leading the world's humanitarian and health response to the COVID-19 pandemic even while we battle the virus at home. (state.gov)
- Nepal was hit by massive earthquakes in early 2015, which damaged or destroyed infrastructure and homes and set back economic development. (indexmundi.com)
- Hundreds of thousands in Nepal were left homeless after devastating 2015 earthquakes, while internal migration continues to complicate aid delivery and political reforms. (migrationpolicy.org)
- They are the tarpaulins that have become home to the survivors of two devastating earthquakes that convulsed Nepal on April 25 and May 12 - symbols at once of the triumphant survival and inescapable fear of recurrence.This is the aftershock. (nationalpost.com)
- Nepal experiences earthquakes, landslides, floods and severe weather. (smartraveller.gov.au)
- Mahara assured them that Nepal will implement and honour all the agreements and understanding arrived at when Oli was prime minister. (indianexpress.com)
- Using two initiatives to implement tobacco cessation within TB programmes in Nepal and Pakistan as case studies, we describe these challenges and highlight lessons learnt in the process. (cambridge.org)
- To successfully implement the NSDRM, the Government of Nepal and development partners jointly initiated the Nepal Risk Reduction Consortium (NRRC), which officially launched in 2011. (preventionweb.net)
- He, however, declined to say how the government would react or implement the Supreme Court's order, if the Italian ambassador chose to flout it. (deccanherald.com)
- Whenever Nepal had democratically elected governments, the Chinese autocrats lost the partners in autocratic governance giving way to the democratic countries such as India, the US, the UK and other European democratic governments to have more influence on the elected governments in Nepal than the Chinese Government. (scoop.co.nz)
- The question now will be whether the prospect of an ugly confrontation between the court and a democratically elected government has changed the political landscape. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Mr. Akash Shrestha Mr. Shrestha is a Research Officer at Samriddhi, The Prosperity Foundation and has previously co-authored a policy analysis paperon 'Foreign Direct Investment in Nepal: Towards Second Generation of Reforms' for The Foundation. (slideshare.net)
- Since the election, the government has passed an important goods and services tax bill and raised foreign direct investment caps in some sectors, but most economic reforms have focused on administrative and governance changes largely because the ruling party remains a minority in India's upper house of Parliament, which must approve most bills. (indexmundi.com)
- Human Rights Watch called for greater international action, including by the United Nations Security Council, to press the Burmese government to undertake major reforms. (hrw.org)
- Last year a 13-year-old girl bride from a nearby village was pregnant," says an educational counsellor we spoke with in the Terai region of south-eastern Nepal. (ids.ac.uk)
- Schoolgirls walk home in a village in Terai region, Nepal. (ids.ac.uk)
- Some rivers emerge from the Mahabharat Mountains of Nepal and enter India after passing through the Terai region of Nepal. (newsblaze.com)
- The British Ambassador, Andy Sparkes, joined Mark Watson for meetings with Minsters of concerned Government Ministries, and DFID officials. (www.gov.uk)
- EU Ambassador to Nepal Rensje Teerink said that "doesn't mean they are dead. (indiatvnews.com)
- A day before Deputy Prime Minister Nidhi left for Delhi, Indian ambassador, Ranjit Rae, announced that the dates and details of the visit of Prime Minister Dahal and President Bidhya Devi Bhandari to India and that of Indian President Pranab Mukherjee to Nepal, the first such visit since President K.R. Narayanan in 1997, will be worked out soon. (indianexpress.com)
- Besides Prachanda, senior leaders Madhav Kumar Nepal, Jhalanath Khanal, Bamdev Gautam and Narayankaji Shrestha also asked Prime Minister Oli to provide evidence of his accusation and asked to quit the power, he said. (yahoo.com)
- Prachanda has time and again spoken about the lack of coordination between the government and the party and he was pressing for a one-man one position system to be followed by the NCP. (yahoo.com)
- I hope India will continue its support to Nepal", Prachanda added. (libcom.org)
- The government will be sending the updated map including Kalapani, Lipulekh and Limpiyadhura to various UN agencies and the international community including India. (news18.com)
- Moreover, it aimed to improve not only the quality and relevance of the curriculum, but also the capacity of the Government agencies tasked with facilitating the system. (worldbank.org)
- Besides serving as a director to a number of government agencies, he has been the Joint Secretary at Economic Analysis and Policy Affairs Division under the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Supplies. (slideshare.net)
- In Haiti, NGOs bypassed local municipal government and local NGOs in the delivery of assistance. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- International bodies, in addition to paying attention to getting resources to Nepal, have to be prepared to do real-time monitoring of NGOs on the ground and hold NGOs accountable. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- This policy analysis paper takes a look at two of the thirty six existing public enterprises - Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) and Hetauda Cement Industry Limited (HICL) - in Nepal to propose concrete policy options for reform. (slideshare.net)
- Six more staffers of Nepal Airlines Corporation have been confirmed to have contracted the coronavir. (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Human Rights Watch found that the crackdown was carried out in part by the Union Solidarity and Development Association (USDA), a "mass-based social welfare" organization with more than 23 million members that the Burmese military is grooming to lead a future civilian government. (hrw.org)
- The website also quoted a Human Rights Organization of Nepal (HURON) employee stating that those arrested on Wednesday were just walking on the street and not planning any protest. (hindustantimes.com)
- PRESS RELEASE) With 130 million South Asian girls expected to be forced into early marriage by 2030, the government of Nepal is hosting a convening on using the law to end child marriage, particularly focusing on how the lack of government accountability is leading to these human rights violations against young women. (reproductiverights.org)
- Nepal is among the least developed countries in the world, with about one-quarter of its population living below the poverty line. (economy.com)
- CBS (Central Bureau of Statistics) (2012) Nepal Population and Housing Census 2011. (springer.com)
- The aim of this descriptive study was to explore the implementation and utilization of free health-care services by the target population (poor and marginalized people) in two tertiary-care hospitals in western Nepal, one with a social care unit (Western Regional Hospital) and one without a social care unit (Lumbini Zonal Hospital). (nih.gov)
- Remember, the population of Nepal is without the resources that people in developed countries face during natural disasters. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- Agricultural sectors contribute about 36% to National Gross Domestic product (GDP) and sixty-five percentage of total population still depends on agriculture in Nepal [ 1 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA), which is also National Focal Point of Disaster Management in Nepal, has been taking initiation to address the issues of disasters and mitigate the adverse effect from it. (preventionweb.net)
- Reduced risk of disasters for marginalised groups and communities: Our DRR works will save lives, livelihoods and properties of women and men residing in vulnerable areas in Nepal by building their resilience and multi hazard DRR. (preventionweb.net)
- The India-Nepal bilateral ties came under strain after Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a 80-km-long strategically crucial road connecting the Lipulekh pass with Dharchula in Uttarakhand on May 8. (yahoo.com)
- This process not only provides an important opportunity for examining the impacts of climate change for Nepal but also, once completed, opens opportunities for bilateral and multilateral cooperation to help Nepal with financing adaptation. (weadapt.org)
- Over a four-year period (2014-18) Nepal may also benefit from a $ 200-300 million yearly allocation linked to good portfolio performance, economic management and improvements in governance. (worldbank.org)
- Bushley BR (2014) REDD+ policy making in Nepal: toward state-centric, polycentric, or market-oriented governance? (springer.com)
- The continuing high perinatal mortality rates in the mountains of Nepal are not being addressed due to declining standards in the primary health care approach, health providers' professional misbehaviour, local health governance failures, and the lack of cultural acceptance of formalised care by the local communities. (springer.com)
- The federal government through the Ministry of Kashmir Affairs and Northern Areas (KANA) has approached the Supreme Court, seeking extension of time to comply with the Jan 17 judgement in which the Supreme Court had accorded approval to a freshly proposed presidential order enshrining framework for governance of Gilgit-Baltistan. (dawn.com)
- Earlier, the federal government had also constituted a committee, shepherded by the attorney general, to review the entire issues and place before the apex court the draft of a fresh order for the governance of GB through suitable framework for ensuring the rights of the citizens of the area. (dawn.com)
- A team of experts from the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) would also visit Nepal soon to study the problem and suggest remedial measures. (medindia.net)
- The World Bank currently supports 22 projects in Nepal with $1.7 billion in commitments from IDA. (worldbank.org)
- From 2010 to 2015, Nepal experienced one of the highest rates of urbanization in the world, though it still has one of the region's least urban populations. (migrationpolicy.org)
- Elisa Muzzini and Gabriela Aparicio, Urban Growth and Spatial Transition in Nepal: An Initial Assessment (Washington, DC: The World Bank, 2013), http://issuu.com/world.bank.publications/docs/9780821396599 . (migrationpolicy.org)
- Nepal has recently become one of the most popular off the beaten track travel destinations in the world. (scoop.co.nz)
- After the field visits and meetings with Government authorities and partners, the Emergency Relief Coordinator Valerie Amos emphasized the urgent need to provide emergency shelter and basic goods and services to people affected, as the weather conditions continue to deteriorate. (earthquake-report.com)
- This report summarizes the results of a baseline household-level survey, led by the Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security Consortium Research Program (CCAFS), carried out in 7 villages and 140 households in Sarlahi, in southeast Nepal. (www.gov.uk)
- Kristjanson, P. Summary of Baseline Household Survey Results: Sarlahi, Nepal. (www.gov.uk)
- Incidence of and risk factors for neonatal respiratory depression and encephalopathy in rural Sarlahi, Nepal. (nih.gov)
- The role of President is largely ceremonial as the functioning of the government is managed entirely by the Prime Minister who is appointed by the Parliament. (wikipedia.org)
- Prime Minister Dahal told this columnist that he wanted to maintain balanced relations with both, and dispel the impression that Nepal was moving closer to one neighbour and provoking the other. (indianexpress.com)
- In 2011, he retired as the Secretary to the Government of Nepal, at the Office of Prime Minister and Cabinet Secretariat. (slideshare.net)
- With the three tier elections held simultaneously within a short duration the Communist Parties of Nepal have garnered majority of two-third appointing KP Sharma Oli as the first Prime Minister of the Federal Nepal. (yahoo.com)
- Prime Minister Oli was facing strong criticism from his own colleagues for the government's non-performance and lack of coordination between the party and the government. (yahoo.com)
- In December 1960, King Mahendra launched a palace coup against the popularly elected government of Prime Minister Bishweshwar Prasad (B.P.) Koirala and reestablished his absolute monarchical rule under the banner of the partyless panchayat system. (countrystudies.us)
- KATHMANDU: Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli will address the nation on the current political situation and government's further plans to tackle coronavirus crisis in Nepal, at 5.30 pm today. (thehimalayantimes.com)