Glass Ionomer Cements
Dental cements composed either of polymethyl methacrylate or dimethacrylate, produced by mixing an acrylic monomer liquid with acrylic polymers and mineral fillers. The cement is insoluble in water and is thus resistant to fluids in the mouth, but is also irritating to the dental pulp. It is used chiefly as a luting agent for fabricated and temporary restorations. (Jablonski's Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p159)
Dental Stress Analysis
Containers, packaging, and packaging materials for drugs and BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS. These include those in ampule, capsule, tablet, solution or other forms. Packaging includes immediate-containers, secondary-containers, and cartons. In the United States, such packaging is controlled under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act which also stipulates requirements for tamper-resistance and child-resistance. Similar laws govern use elsewhere. (From Code of Federal Regulations, 21 CFR 1 Section 210, 1993) DRUG LABELING is also available.
Microscopy, Electron, Scanning
Microscopy in which the object is examined directly by an electron beam scanning the specimen point-by-point. The image is constructed by detecting the products of specimen interactions that are projected above the plane of the sample, such as backscattered electrons. Although SCANNING TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY also scans the specimen point by point with the electron beam, the image is constructed by detecting the electrons, or their interaction products that are transmitted through the sample plane, so that is a form of TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY.
Eye Protective Devices
Composite materials composed of an ion-leachable glass embedded in a polymeric matrix. They differ from GLASS IONOMER CEMENTS in that partially silanized glass particles are used to provide a direct bond to the resin matrix and the matrix is primarily formed by a light-activated, radical polymerization reaction.
Silicone polymers which consist of silicon atoms substituted with methyl groups and linked by oxygen atoms. They comprise a series of biocompatible materials used as liquids, gels or solids; as film for artificial membranes, gels for implants, and liquids for drug vehicles; and as antifoaming agents.
Cohort study of art glass workers in Tuscany, Italy: mortality from non-malignant diseases. (1/1409)This investigation studies cause-specific mortality of art glass workers employed in 17 industrial facilities in Tuscany, Italy. A cohort of 3,390 workers employed for at least 1 year was enumerated from company payrolls. Follow-up was between the start of employment in each factory and 31 December 1993. The cause-specific expected mortality was computed relative to Tuscany rates and specified for gender, 5-year age groups and calendar year. Separate analyses were carried out for the jobs of makers and formers and for batch mixers. Among males (3, 180 individuals) observed mortality for non-cancer causes was higher than expected for hypertensive disease [standardized mortality ratio (SMR) = 178, 90% confidence interval (90% CI) = 96-301], pneumoconiosis (SMR = 200, 90% CI = 94-376) and diseases of the genitourinary system (SMR = 169, 90% CI = 95-279). Increases for the above causes were shown also among makers and formers: hypertensive disease (SMR = 182, 90% CI = 85-341), pneumoconiosis (SMR = 250, 90% CI = 109-493) and diseases of the genitourinary system (SMR = 224, 90% CI = 121-380). For batch mixers an increase was present for cerebrovascular disease. The observed mortality for cancer causes was above the expected for cancers of the larynx, lung, stomach and brain. This study points to the existence for Tuscan glass workers of health effects in addition to cancer; previously observed carcinogenic effects were also confirmed. (+info)
Respiratory symptoms among glass bottle workers--cough and airways irritancy syndrome? (2/1409)Glass bottle workers have been shown to experience an excess of respiratory symptoms. This work describes in detail the symptoms reported by a cohort of 69 symptomatic glass bottle workers. Symptoms, employment history and clinical investigations including radiology, spirometry and serial peak expiratory flow rate records were retrospectively analyzed from clinical records. The results showed a consistent syndrome of work-related eye, nose and throat irritation followed after a variable period by shortness of breath. The latent interval between starting work and first developing symptoms was typically 4 years (median = 4 yrs; range = 0-28). The interval preceding the development of dysponea was longer and much more variable (median = 16 yrs; range = 3-40). Spirometry was not markedly abnormal in the group but 57% of workers had abnormal serial peak expiratory flow rate charts. Workers in this industry experience upper and lower respiratory tract symptoms consistent with irritant exposure. The long-term functional significance of these symptoms should be formally investigated. (+info)
Hierarchical cluster analysis applied to workers' exposures in fiberglass insulation manufacturing. (3/1409)The objectives of this study were to explore the application of cluster analysis to the characterization of multiple exposures in industrial hygiene practice and to compare exposure groupings based on the result from cluster analysis with that based on non-measurement-based approaches commonly used in epidemiology. Cluster analysis was performed for 37 workers simultaneously exposed to three agents (endotoxin, phenolic compounds and formaldehyde) in fiberglass insulation manufacturing. Different clustering algorithms, including complete-linkage (or farthest-neighbor), single-linkage (or nearest-neighbor), group-average and model-based clustering approaches, were used to construct the tree structures from which clusters can be formed. Differences were observed between the exposure clusters constructed by these different clustering algorithms. When contrasting the exposure classification based on tree structures with that based on non-measurement-based information, the results indicate that the exposure clusters identified from the tree structures had little in common with the classification results from either the traditional exposure zone or the work group classification approach. In terms of the defining homogeneous exposure groups or from the standpoint of health risk, some toxicological normalization in the components of the exposure vector appears to be required in order to form meaningful exposure groupings from cluster analysis. Finally, it remains important to see if the lack of correspondence between exposure groups based on epidemiological classification and measurement data is a peculiarity of the data or a more general problem in multivariate exposure analysis. (+info)
The induction of macrophage spreading: role of coagulation factors and the complement system. (4/1409)Unstimulated mouse peritoneal macrophages, attached to either glass or plastic substrates, responded to factors generated in serum and plasma by spreading and increasing their apparent surface area up to eightfold. Two distinct and dissociable systems were involved. The first appears related to the distinct and dissociable systems were involved. The first appears related to the contact phase of blood coagulation. It is activated by glass and not plastic surfaces, depleted by kaolin adsorption, and inhibited by soybean trypsin inhibitor. In contrast, a separate complement-dependent system can be generated in kaolin-adsorbed plasma. Activation of the complement system can occur either by the alternate or classical pathways and generates a relatively small effector molecule which is dialyzable. These factors presumably influencing the surface membrane and underlying structures may explain the rapid spreading of activated macrophages observed after both infections and chemical peritoneal inflammatory agents. (+info)
Multiple oligodeoxyribonucleotide syntheseson a reusable solid-phase CPG support via the hydroquinone-O,O'-diacetic acid (Q-Linker) linker arm. (5/1409)A strategy for oligodeoxyribonucleotide synthesis on a reusable CPG solid-phase support, derivatized with hydroxyl groups instead of amino groups, has been developed. Ester linkages, through a base labile hydroquinone- O, O '-diacetic acid ( Q-Linker ) linker arm, were used to couple the first nucleoside to the hydroxyl groups on the support. This coupling was rapidly accomplished (10 min) using O -benzotriazol-1-yl- N, N, N ', N '-tetramethyluronium hexafluorophosphate (HBTU) and 1-hydroxybenzotriazole as the activating reagents. Oligodeoxyribonucleotide synthesis was performed using existing procedures and reagents, except a more labile capping reagent, such as chloro-acetic anhydride, methoxyacetic anhydride or t-butylphenoxyacetic anhydride, was used instead of acetic anhydride. After each oligodeoxyribonucleotide synthesis, the product was cleaved from the support with ammonium hydroxide (3 min) and deprotected as usual. Residual linker arms or capping groups were removed by treatment with ammonium hydroxide/methylamine reagent and the regenerated support was capable of reuse. Up to six different oligodeoxyribonucleotide syntheses or up to 25 cycles of nucleoside derivatization and cleavage were consecutively performed on the reusable support. This method may provide a significant cost advantage over conventional single-use solid supports currently used for the manufacture of antisense oligodeoxyribonucleotides. (+info)
Bacteriophage inactivation at the air-water-solid interface in dynamic batch systems. (6/1409)Bacteriophages have been widely used as surrogates for human enteric viruses in many studies on virus transport and fate. In this investigation, the fates of three bacteriophages, MS2, R17, and phiX174, were studied in a series of dynamic batch experiments. Both MS2 and R17 readily underwent inactivation in batch experiments where solutions of each phage were percolated through tubes packed with varying ratios of glass and Teflon beads. MS2 and R17 inactivation was the result of exposure to destructive forces at the dynamic air-water-solid interface. phiX174, however, did not undergo inactivation in similar studies, suggesting that this phage does not accumulate at air-water interfaces or is not affected by interfacial forces in the same manner. Other batch experiments showed that MS2 and R17 were increasingly inactivated during mixing in polypropylene tubes as the ionic strength of the solution was raised (phiX174 was not affected). By the addition of Tween 80 to suspensions of MS2 and R17, phage inactivation was prevented. Our data suggest that viral inactivation in simple dynamic batch experiments is dependent upon (i) the presence of a dynamic air-water-solid interface (where the solid is a hydrophobic surface), (ii) the ionic strength of the solution, (iii) the concentration of surface active compounds in the solution, and (iv) the type of virus used. (+info)
Critical role of glass fiber length in TNF-alpha production and transcription factor activation in macrophages. (7/1409)Recent studies have demonstrated that dielectrophoresis is an efficient method for the separation of fibers according to fiber length. This method allows the investigation of fiber-cell interactions with fiber samples of the same composition but of different lengths. In the present study, we analyzed the effects of length on the interaction between glass fibers and macrophages by focusing on production of the inflammatory cytokine tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha in a mouse macrophage cell line (RAW 264.7). The underlying molecular mechanisms controlling TNF-alpha production were investigated at the gene transcription level. The results show that glass fibers induced TNF-alpha production in macrophages and that this induction was associated with activation of the gene promoter. Activation of the transcription factor nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB was responsible for this induced promoter activity. The inhibition of both TNF-alpha production and NF-kappaB activation by N-acetyl-L-cysteine, an antioxidant, indicates that generation of oxidants may contribute to the induction of this cytokine and activation of this transcription factor by glass fibers. Long fibers (17 micrometer) were significantly more potent than short fibers (7 micrometer) in inducing NF-kappaB activation, the gene promoter activity, and the production of TNF-alpha. This fiber length-dependent difference in the stimulatory potency correlated with the fact that macrophages were able to completely engulf short glass fibers, whereas phagocytosis of long glass fibers was incomplete. These results suggest that fiber length plays a critical role in the potential pathogenicity of glass fibers. (+info)
Stability of gentamicin in serum. (8/1409)Patients' sera were divided into three portions when the initial gentamicin level was determined and were stored at -20, 4, and 25 degrees C in plastic or glass tubes. Gentamicin levels were repeated after 1 and 2 days of storage at the respective temperatures. There was no significant difference in gentamicin levels among portions, except those from a patient in renal failure with high serum concentrations of carbenicillin. (+info)
Global & China High Borosilicate Glass Market Canvassed by QYResearch in New Report Published at MarketPublishers.com |...
LONDON - Borosilicate glass is a kind of glass containing such main glass-forming constituents as boron trioxide and silica. Borosilicate glasses are widely recognized for having low coefficients of thermal expansion, which makes them resistant to thermal shock much more than any other common glass. Borosilicate glass finds numerous applications, for instance in healthcare, electronics, cookware, lightning, optics industries, among others.. Shandong Yaohua, Schott, Sunshore, JiangSu YuanSheng, MAXOS, Changzhou Tianxiang, Kimble, Hanzhong Xinhai, Corning, REFMEX GL, Kavalier, NEG, Shandong Linuo, Jiangsu Sunrain and Huailai Tianyuan are among the top players in the industry.. New research report 2014 Deep Research Report on Global and China High Borosilicate Glass Industry elaborated by QYResearch offers an extensive analysis of the global and Chinese markets for high borosilicate glass.. The study presents a profound research of the scenario in the global and Chinese high borosilicate glass ...
Duran™ Borosilicate Glass Type 25 D Filter Funnels Porosity: 5 Duran™ Borosilicate Glass Type 25 D Filter Funnels
Duran™ Borosilicate Glass Type 25 D Filter Funnels Porosity: 5 Duran™ Borosilicate Glass Type 25 D Filter Funnels Glass Filtering Funnels
Robu™ Borosilicate Glass Buchner Filter Funnels Capacity: 250mL; Porosity: 3 Robu™ Borosilicate Glass Buchner Filter Funnels |...
Shop a large selection of Robu™ Borosilicate Glass Buchner Filter Funnels products and learn more about Robu™ Borosilicate Glass Buchner Filter Funnels
China Borosilicate Glass 1.5ml 8-425 Clear Vial with Writing Patch - China Glass Vials, 1.5ml Glass Vials
China Borosilicate Glass 1.5ml 8-425 Clear Vial with Writing Patch, Find details about China Glass Vials, 1.5ml Glass Vials from Borosilicate Glass 1.5ml 8-425 Clear Vial with Writing Patch - Zhejiang Aijiren Technology, Inc.
From the Archives: Caring for glass plate negatives | Jesuits in Britain
Back in March 2018 Lorraine Finch, a photograph conservator, gave the archive team some valuable training on identifying different photographic processes and how to care for the different types of photographic material. We were aware that among the various photographic formats held in the Jesuits in Britain Archives there was a collection of glass plate negatives.. Before cellulose nitrate film was invented in 1903, photographic emulsions were made on glass supports, more typically known as glass plate negatives, and this enabled amateur as well as professional photography to flourish. There are two separate glass plate negative photographic methods which both consist of a light sensitive emulsion fixed to the glass plate base with a binder. In 1851, at almost the same time, Frederick Scott Archer (1813-1857) and Jean-Baptiste Gustave Le Gray (1820-1884) produced the first collodion wet plate negatives. Wet plate negatives were produced by spreading a glass plate with collodion, bathed in silver ...
Gooch Crucible, 30ml - Sintered Disc, G-3 Porosity - Borosilicate Glass | KLM Bio Scientific
30ml Capacity Crucible made of high quality, heavy duty, borosilicate glass.. Gooch Type.. Sintered disc.. G-3 porosity.. Stands 2.4″ tall, and is 1.4″ wide at its widest point.. Eisco Labs Borosilicate glass has the following heat tolerances: O92Strain Point -515°C , Annealing Point 565°C , Softening Point 820°C. ...
Test Tubes, Borosilicate Glass - Size 15 X 125 - Model 89000-482 - Pack Of 72
VWR Test Tubes, Borosilicate Glass - Size 15 x 125 - Model 89000-482 - Pack of 72 : Made from Type I, Class A borosilicate glass, tubes feature a stu
Bioabsorbable metallic glass - Wikipedia
Bioresorbable (or bioabsorbable) metallic glass is a type of amorphous metal, which is based on the Mg-Zn-Ca ternary system. Containing only elements which already exist inside the human body, namely Mg, Zn and Ca, these amorphous alloys are a special type of biodegradable metal. The first reported metallic glass was an alloy (Au75Si25) produced at Caltech by W. Klement (Jr.), Willens and Duwez in 1960. This and other early glass-forming alloys had to be cooled extremely rapidly (in the order of one mega-kelvin per second, 106 K/s) to avoid crystallization. An important consequence of this was that metallic glasses could only be produced in a limited number of forms (typically ribbons, foils, or wires) in which one or more dimensions were small so that heat could be extracted quickly enough to achieve the necessary cooling rates. As a result, metallic glass specimens (with a few exceptions) were limited to thicknesses of less than one hundred micrometers. Mg-Zn-Ca based metallic glasses are a ...
Patent US3174871 - Glass containing lanthanum borosilicate and rich in aluminum oxide - Google Patents
March 23, 1965 GEFFCKEN ETAL 3,174,871 GLASS I c LANTHAN BOROSILICATE AND RI IN ALUMIN OXIDE Filed July 27. 1959 4 Sheets-Sheet 1 550 5o 5o Ila-806 0 1om o Fig.7 La -O Si0 -B 0 10 A1 0 INVENTOPSI WALTER GEFFCKENMF/WHRGI? FA ULST/ h CKEN ETAL 3,174,871 G AINI ANTHANUM BOROS CATE March 23, 1965 GLASS RICH ALUMINUM OXID Filed July 27, 1959 4 Sheets-Sheet 2 $0 3O 4O 5O ;0 3 5 FFgZ la 0 -$:O B 0 15 Q1205 WALTH GEFFCKENJMAPM fluLT/CH ATTORNEYS Mam}! 1965 w. GEFFCKEN ETAL 3, 7 GLASS CONTAINING LANTHANUM BOROSILICATE AND RICH IN ALUMINUM OXIDE Filed July 27, 1959 4 Sheets-Sheet 3 WALTER GEFFcKEN? Mme/x fiuLsTlcH f @W/ W* Y ATTORNEYS IN VE N TORS March 23, 1965 w. GEFFCKEN ETAL 3,174,871 GLASS CONTAINING LANTHANUM BOROSILICATE AND RICH IN ALUMINUM OXIDE Filed July 27, 1959 4 Sheets-Sheet 4 545552515049484246 /Qg.4$ z INVENToRSI WALTER GEFFLKENQMMA FMILSTlCH X w W W L ATTORNEYS niteci States The present invention relates to a glass composition containing lanthanum borosilicate and being rich in aluminum ...
BOD Bottles, Borosilicate Glass | Lab Glassware Supplier
Buy BOD Bottles, Borosilicate Glass at best price from Clinivex. Browse our wide range of Glassware laboratory supplies, which are used for conducting precise tests, research, and scientific experiments in laboratories.
Snap Kimble® Disposable Borosilicate Glass Centrifuge Tubes - Qorpak
Disposable Borosilicate Snap Cap Centrifuge Tubes are made from borosilicate glass in compliance with ASTM Specification E438, Type I, Class A or B glass.
Hecht Karl™ Borosilicate Glass Volumetric Flask with Stopper Capacity: 50mL; Stopper Number: NS 12/21; Tolerance: 0.06mL Hecht...
Hecht Karl™ Borosilicate Glass Volumetric Flask with Stopper Capacity: 50mL; Stopper Number: NS 12/21; Tolerance: 0.06mL Hecht Karl™ Borosilicate...
The effect of divalent additions on the structure of a mixed alkali borosilicate glass for high level waste immobilisation -...
The effects of the addition of divalent metal oxides on the structure and thermophysical properties of the mixed alkali borosilicate glass system used for high level radioactive waste immobilisation have been studied. Densities, molar volumes, linear thermal expansivities and glass transition temperatures are reported and structural information has been obtained using B-11 and Si-29 magic angle spinning (MAS) NMR. Molar volume is controlled by ion size and by the formation of network polyhedra, whilst thermal expansion reflects the network rigidity. Changes in the glass transition temperature, T-S, are consistent with the different values of the heat of formation of the oxides added. Alkaline earth oxides produce an initial increase in the fraction of 4-coordinated boron, N-4, whereas PbO and ZnO reduce N-4. Si-29 NMR of the alkaline earth oxide glasses shows the presence of significant concentrations of nonbridging oxygens, consistent with a previous study of the aqueous corrosion behaviour of ...
Pharmaceutical Technologies and Glass Tubing | Pharmaceutical Borosilicate Glass Tubing for Vials, Cartridges, Syringes, and...
Glass is the ideal material for pharmaceutical applications. With over 160 years of unparalleled glass expertise, Corning Pharmaceutical Glass is uniquely suited to supply high-quality tubing to meet the rigorous needs of the pharmaceutical packaging industry. Corning Pharmaceutical Glass operations in the United States and Europe manufacture a variety of clear and amber borosilicate glass tubing, which is converted by our global customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes for drug storage and delivery.
54.4 DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF GLASS | Chemistry Assignment
temperature and pressure.. 2. Flint or Lead Glass. This is made from potassium carbonate, lead oxide or red lead and sand. This is heavy, shining and extraordinarily durable. This is used for making optical instruments like lenses, prisms, etc. and cut glass articles, like objects of decoration imitation diamonds or jewels.. 3. Borosilicate Glass. In this glass a part of the silica is replaced by boric oxide (B2O3). This is super cooled solution of various borates and silicates and hence its name is borosilicate glass. This is made by fusing a mixture of sand, lime, borax and alkali carbonates. Sometimes a little alumina (Al2O3) and zinc oxide are also added to them. The former makes the glass more durable and the latter adds to its thermal and chemical resistance. Pyrex glass and Jena glass are two well-known trade marks of borosilicate glasses, which are widely used for making laboratory apparatus, thermometers, kitchenware, tableware, insulators, etc.. 4. Crooks glass. It is a special type ...
25ml Repette Borosilicate - Glass Syringe - Repeating Pipettor & Tips - Labware - Pipetting
25ml Repette Borosilicate - Glass Syringe - Repeating Pipettor & Tips - Labware - Pipetting : Ideal system for dispensing set volumes. Adjustable vol
Global Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation Market Research Report 2018 Opportunities, Size, Cost Structure, Service Provider,...
Global Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation Market Professional Survey Report 2018 1 Industry Overview of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 1.1 Definition and Specifications of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 1.1.1 Definition of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 1.1.2 Specifications of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 1.2 Classification of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 1.2.1 Semi-Rigid Boards 1.2.2 Rigid Boards 1.3 Applications of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 1.3.1 Commercial 1.3.2 Residential 1.3.3 Industrial 1.4 Market Segment by Regions 1.4.1 North America 1.4.2 Europe 1.4.3 China 1.4.4 Japan 1.4.5 Southeast Asia 1.4.6 India 2 Manufacturing Cost Structure Analysis of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 2.1 Raw Material and Suppliers 2.2 Manufacturing Cost Structure Analysis of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 2.3 Manufacturing Process Analysis of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 2.4 Industry Chain Structure of Fiberglass Rigid Board Insulation 3 Technical Data and Manufacturing ...
Beakers, Low Form, Borosilicate Glass, Heavy Duty, 2000ml, 1ea | Southern Labware
Beakers, Low Form, Borosilicate Glass, Heavy Duty, 2000ml, 1ea from United Scientific Supplies at Southern Labware. Choose from a wide range of scientific laboratory supplies, glasswares & equipments. Buy Now!
Borosilicate Glass market - What Factors will grow the Market in Upcoming Years? | Medgadget
Borosilicate glasses are known for having very low coefficients of thermal expansion, making them resistant to thermal shock, more than any other common gl
A new transferable interatomic potential for molecular dynamics simulations of borosilicate glasses - Fingeraftryk -...
Fingeraftryk Dyk ned i forskningsemnerne om A new transferable interatomic potential for molecular dynamics simulations of borosilicate glasses. Sammen danner de et unikt fingeraftryk. ...
Laboratory Glassware Market Dynamics, Forecast, Analysis and Supply Demand 2016-2021 | Business
Headline: Bitcoin & Blockchain Searches Exceed Trump! Blockchain Stocks Are Next!. Laboratory Glassware market analysis report speaks about the manufacturing process. The process is analysed thoroughly with four points Manufacturers, regional analysis, Segment by Type & Applications and the actual process of whole Laboratory Glassware industry.. A complete analysis of the competitive landscape of the Laboratory Glassware Market is provided in the report. This section includes company profiles of market key players. The profiles include contact information, gross, capacity, product details of each firm, price, and cost of Laboratory Glassware Industry are covered.. Get Sample PDF of Laboratory Glassware Market [email protected] http://www.360marketupdates.com/enquiry/request-sample/10384228 Laboratory glassware refers to a variety of glass-made equipment used for scientific experiment and other work in science, especially in chemical laboratory, bio-pharmaceutical laboratory and food testing laboratory. ...
My Acetone vapor setup - Tiertime
Borosilicate glass is a type of glass with the main glass-forming constituents silica and boron trioxide. Borosilicate glasses are known for having very low coefficients of thermal expansion making them resistant to thermal shock, more so than any other common glass. Such glass is less subject to thermal stress and is commonly used for the construction of reagent bottles. Borosilicate glass is sold under such trade names as Borcam, Borosil, Suprax, Kimax, Pyrex, Endural, Schott, or Refmex ...
Developing Bacteria-Resistant Tooth Fillings Using Bioactive Glass
Following the success of bioactive glass in orthopaedic applications, bioactive glass was adopted for use in dentistry applications. It has shown substantial benefit in the repair of periodontal defects.4 The observed antimicrobial activity alongside its demonstrated high strength made bioactive glass a prime candidate for tooth fillings. Fillings made with bioactive glass should slow secondary tooth decay by inhibiting bacterial colonization and increase the durability of composite filling materials. Furthermore, it was hypothesized that the bioactive glass may also provide minerals to strengthen the damaged surface of the tooth.. Evaluations of bioactive glass as a tooth filling have recently shown that such extrapolations to dentistry are indeed correct. Studies have demonstrated that the addition of bioactive glass to dental filling materials enhanced mineral formation in the dentin, promoting remineralization of dental caries7 and improved the mechanical properties of a filling in an ...
Borosilicate Standard Wall with Filament Clark Capillary Glass, OD 1.0 mm, ID 0.58 mm
The properties of borosilicate glass make it the most popular material among researchers for the fabrication of electrodes and micro-pipettes. Its low softening temperature combined with its mechanical strength, chemical durability, high electrical resistivity, and its ability to withstand thermal stress, make these capillaries the most widely used in the world. Clark Borosilicate Capillaries are offered in a variety of diameters and wall thickness (standard or thin walled) with or without an inner filament. They are available in fused multi-barrel configurations, as well as in Theta style. Single barrel glass is available in 75 mm (3 in), 100 mm (4 in) and 150 mm (6 in) lengths.
China Wholessale Glassware 150ml Drinking Glass Cup Beer Mug on Sale - China Glass Water Cup, Glassware
China Wholessale Glassware 150ml Drinking Glass Cup Beer Mug on Sale, Find details about China Glass Water Cup, Glassware from Wholessale Glassware 150ml Drinking Glass Cup Beer Mug on Sale - Yiwu City Longfei Import and Export Co., Ltd.
Fiber glass Manufacturers & Suppliers, China fiber glass Manufacturers & Factories
fiber glass manufacturer/supplier, China fiber glass manufacturer & factory list, find qualified Chinese fiber glass manufacturers, suppliers, factories, exporters & wholesalers quickly on Made-in-China.com.
China Glass Bottle Wholesale - China Glass Bottle Wholesale, Glass Bottle
China Glass Bottle Wholesale, Find details about China Glass Bottle Wholesale, Glass Bottle from Glass Bottle Wholesale - Jinan Youlyy Industrial Co., Ltd.
Glass transition and crystallization of Mg-Ni-Nd metallic glasses studied by temperature-modulated DSC | [email protected]
Glass transition and crystallization behavior of several Mg-Ni-Nd metallic glasses has been systematically studied by temperature-modulated differential scanning calorimetry (TMDSC). The glass transition transformation of alloys Mg75Ni10Nd15 and Mg77Ni 18Ni5, which cannot be detected in conventional differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) heating scans, was observed through TMDSC measurements. It was concluded that the signal of the glass transition on the DSC scans overlapped with the relatively large heat release from the primary crystallization of either intermetallic Mg3Nd phase in glassy Mg75Ni10Nd15 alloy or Mg2Ni phase in amorphous alloy Mg77Ni18Ni5. Increasing the content of Ni in alloy Mg75Ni10Nd 15 can suppress the precipitation processes of Mg3Nd, and results in the appearance of glass transition transformation on DSC heating curves. This confirmed and verified our TMDSC measurements. Clear observation of glass transition and understanding of crystallization micro-mechanism in such ...
How many words made out of Borosilicates | Anagram Finder
List of words make out of Borosilicates. Anagrams of word Borosilicates. Words made after scrabbling Borosilicates. Word Creation helps in Anagrams and Puzzles.
Crystallization Kinematics and Dielectric Behavior of (Ba,Sr)TiO3 Borosilicate Glass Ceramics
Perovskite [(Ba0.6Sr0.4)TiO3]-[2SiO2-B2O3]-[K2O]-La2O3 glass was prepared by conventional melt quench method. The differential thermal analysis (DTA) was performed on glass sample in the temperature range from 100℃ to 1000℃ by different heating rate to study the crystallization kinematics. The kinetic parameters characterizing the crystallization have been determined using an Arrhenius model. Glass samples were subjected to appropriate heat treatment schedules for their suitable crystallization. X-ray diffraction analysis (XRD) of glass and glass ceramic samples were done to check the amorphous state and crystalline nature. XRD of glass ceramic sample shows the major perovskite phase of BaTiO3 (BT) along with the formation of secondary phases Ba2TiSi2O8 (BTS) and Ba2Ti2B2O9 (BTB). Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is also studied to see the morphology of the grains of major and secondary phase formation in BST glass ceramic samples. La2O3 is played an important role to increase the nucleation of
Global Fiber Glass Market 2017- Jushi Group, Owens Corning Corporation, PPG Industries, CPIC, Taishan Fiberglass (Sinoma),...
This report examines the Fiber Glass market standing and opportunity of global plus major regions, from plans of manufacturers, regions, product types and end industries; this report investigates the best manufacturers in global and major regions and splits the Fiber Glass market by product type and applications/end industries. The Global Fiber Glass market is considered…
Glass Powders | Glass Powder Products | Corning
Corning has produced glass powders for more than 40 years. A wide range of glass formulations are available and can be milled from cullet to 325 mesh to support unique requirements. Glass powders are used in many applications and industries like sealing or decoration.. Products include:. Alkali Barium 9013 ...
Patent US6783740 - Sintered glass bead filter with active microbial destruction - Google Patents
A microbicidal filter system having superior drop pressure and low complexity is provided, as well as a method for producing the same. The system comprises a plurality of glass beads having pores formed therebetween for the flow of air therethrough. The sintered glass beads are coated in a transition metal oxide and water. An ultraviolet light source is used to cause a photocatalytic reaction between the transition metal oxide and water. Free hydroxyl radicals with microbicidal properties are produced. Urethane foam may be inserted between the glass beads before sintering in order to cause a bimodal pore size distribution, and particulates disposed on the glass beads may be added to alter surface activity.
Buy Single Side Aluminm Foil Ceramic Fiber Glass Price,Size,Weight,Model,Width -Okorder.com
Buy Single Side Aluminm Foil Ceramic Fiber Glass, Find Details include Size,Weight,Model and Width about Single Side Aluminm Foil Ceramic Fiber Glass. Make an Inquiry for Single Side Aluminm Foil Ceramic Fiber Glass at OKorder.com.
Brevet WO2002081395A1 - Grey glass composition including erbium - Google Brevets
A grey glass composition employing as its colorant portion at least iron (Fe2O3/FeO) and erbium oxide (e.g., Er2O3), and also preferably selenium and cobalt. An exemplary colorant portion for use in a glass composition (with a soda lime silica or other suitable base glass) includes, by weight percentage : total iron (expressed as Fe2O3) :0.1 to 0.6%; erbium oxide (e.g., Er2O3) : 0.3 to 1.5%; selenium (Se) : 0.0002 to 0.0010%; cobalt oxide (e.g., Co3O4) : 0.0005 to 0.0018%; titanium oxide (e.g., TiO2) : 0.0 to 1.0%; boron oxide (e.g., B2O3) : 0.0 to 2.0%. The resulting glass may exhibit high visible transmittance (Lta), while at the same time low UV and IR transmittance.
Patent USD95965 - Design for a glass bottle - Google Patents
June 18, 1935. KEHN Des. 95,965 1 GLASS BOTTLE Filed Oct. 16, 1954 fi g.l INVENTOR ATTORNEYS. Patented June 18, 1935 UNITED STATES Des. 95,965 PATENT OFFICE DESIGN FOR A GLASS BOTTLE Lawrence J. Kihn, Pittsburgh, Pa., assignor to J. T. & A. Hamilton Company, a corporation of Pennsylvania Application October 16, 1934, Serial No. 53,633 Term of patent 3 /2 years To all whom it may concern: Be it known that I, Lawrence J. Kihn, a citizen of the United States, residing in Pittsburgh, in the county of Allegheny and State of Pennsylvania, have invented a new, original, and ornamental Design for a Glass Bottle, of which the following is a specification, reference being had to the accompanying drawing, forming part thereof. In the drawing: Fig. I is a side elevation of a glass bottle showing my new design; and Fig. II is a plan view of the glass bottle. It will be noted that Fig. I of the drawing shows a panel effect on the presented face of the bottle. This panel effect may be repeated upon other of ...
PDF C Flex Fiberglass Australia homemade boat lift plansboat4plans
c flex fiberglass australia. Roberts WWW web site bruce Richard J. Using either c flex foam sandwich or I skin hull grammatical construction methods How I build a 39ft Offshore sailing cu. 40 items c flex fiberglass australia. C deform fiberglass planking has been developed to make it possible to build a fiberglass boat without a traditional We are still situated Indiana Queensland Australia about designs are too in fibreglass c flex fiberglass australia. Roberts fiberglass boats authoritative sauceboat plans Australia NZ & South Africa. Islandboy I cant think of a c turn project around here Australia for like 20 Those involved in fiberglass boatbuilding seem to favor obtaining. ...
CICECO Glass structure and crystallization of Al and B containing glasses belonging to the Li2O-SiO2 system
The aim of the present work is to investigate the effect of substituting B2O3 for Al2O3 in a nonstoichiometric lithium disilicate (Li2Si2O5, LS2) glass composition belonging to the system Li2O-K2O-Al2O3-SiO2. Addition of equimolar amounts of K2O and Al2O3 to binary lithium silicate glass compositions improves chemical resistance, sintering behaviour and mechanical properties of the glassceramics produced from sintered glass powder compacts. However, in bulk (monolithic) glasses Al2O3 addition hinders bulk nucleation. It also suppresses crystallization of LS2 and promotes formation of a meta-stable crystalline phase called lithium metasilicate (Li2SiO3, LS). The results showed that B substitution resulted in the depolymerisation of the glass network increasing the percentage of NBOs leading to decreasing viscosity, molar volumes, oxygen densities and glass transition temperatures. The simultaneous addition of Al and B into the glass composition resulted in decreased liquid-liquid phase segregation (LLPS)
Global LCD Glass Substrates Industry 2015 Market Research Report | Global Market Research Reports
was a professional and depth research report on GlobalLCD Glass Substrates that you would know the worlds major regional market conditions ofLCD Glass Substrates , the main region including North American, Europe and Asia etc, and the main country including United States ,Germany ,Japan and China etc.. The report firstly introducedLCD Glass Substrates basic information includingLCD Glass Substrates definition, classification, application and industry chain overview; Exercise Wheels industry policy and plan,LCD Glass Substrates product specification, manufacturing process, cost structure etc. Then we deeply analyzed the worlds main region market conditions that including the product price, profit, capacity, production, capacity utilization, supply, demand and industry growth rate etc.. In the end, the report introducedLCD Glass Substrates new project SWOT analysis, investment feasibility analysis, and investment return analysis and Global Twin-screw Extruder industry.. In a word, it was a depth ...
Embedded adhesive connection for laminated glass plates - DTU Orbit
The structural behavior of a new connection design, the embedded adhesive connection, used for laminated glass plates is investigated. The connection consists of an aluminum plate encapsulated in-between two adjacent triple layered laminated glass plates. Fastening between glass and aluminum is ensured using a structural adhesive. At first, the elastic and viscoelastic material properties of the adhesive are identified where the influence of load-rate and failure properties are also examined. Through an inverse analysis using the finite element method, the experimental observations are replicated to identify a material model of the adhesive. The material model consists of an elastic and linear viscoelastic formulation suitable for a numerical implementation of the material. Based on two relevant load cases, out-of-plane bending and in-plane shear, the connection performance is investigated both for short and long-term durations. Using the finite element method, the connection experiments are ...
Metallic Glasses: A Revolution in Material Science | IntechOpen
Metallic glasses represent one kind of advanced material, very popular in recent decades. These materials are very adaptable like plastics for their manufacturability in very complex shapes. TPF (Thermoplastic forming) based processes seem very good method to process them. These materials can compete with plastics but have metallic properties. They behave as magnetic materials with less hysteresis loss and less eddy current loss making them suitable for transformer and MEMS (Micro-Electromechanical System) applications. These materials exhibit good corrosion resistance, hardness and toughness. Based on the property and application, metallic glasses are good rivals to plastics, metals and ceramics. Chemical composition and kinetics of supercooling of these materials are the areas where young researchers can focus attention with a view to their improvement.
Ab-initio molecular dynamics model for density, elastic properties and short range order of Co-Fe-Ta-B metallic glass thin films
Density, elastic modulus and the pair distribution function of Co-Fe-Ta-B metallic glasses were obtained by ab-initio molecular dynamics simulations and measured for sputtered thin films using X-ray reflectivity, nanoindentation and X-ray diffraction using high energy photons. The computationally obtained density of 8.19 g/cm3 for Co43Fe20Ta5.5B31.5 and 8.42 g/cm3 for Co45.5Fe24Ta6B24.5, as well as the Youngs moduli of 273 and 251 GPa, respectively, are consistent with our experiments and literature data. These data, together with the good agreement between the theoretical and the experimental pair distribution functions, indicate that the here established model is useful to describe density, elasticity and short range order of Co-Fe-Ta-B metallic glass thin films. Irrespective of the investigated variation in chemical composition, (Co,Fe)-B cluster formation and Co-Fe interactions are identified by density of states analysis. Strong bonds within the structural units and between the metallic ...
Glass Capillary Tubes: Joint Safety Advisory About Potential Risks. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), and the Center for Devices and Radiological Health of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have produced a joint advisory notice on the use of glass capillary tubes. This document, Glass Capillary Tubes: Joint Safety Alert about Potential Risks, is designed to inform readers of the potential hazards associated with these devices. An OSHA News Release will be published to notify the public of the safety advisory. FDA and NIOSH will also be disseminating the advisory to the public through their respective agency procedures.. Safer alternatives to conventional glass capillary tubes are described in this advisory. Breakage of glass capillary tubes during use may result in a penetrating wound and blood inoculation to the user. With such an injury comes a risk of acquiring a bloodborne pathogen infection, such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B, and hepatitis ...
ASTM C169 - 92(2011) standard test methods for chemical analysis of soda-lime and borosilicate glass on Environmental XPRT
These test methods can be used to ensure that the chemical composition of the glass meets the compositional specification required for the finished glass ...
Renovate Glassware Detergent 5kg (Sparkle it) | Glass Cleaner Glass Detergent - Buy at Drinkstuff
Putting glassware through regular glass washing can cause a build up of dirt and wash chemicals on your glassware resulting in flat beer and lack of sparkle. The Renovate Glassware Detergent has been designed to remove this build up by giving your
Bulk metallic glass to catch solar wind
The new bulk metallic glass-forming alloy was designed by Dr. Charles C. Hays in the materials science laboratories of Dr. Bill Johnson of Caltech. It is a complex mixture of zirconium, niobium, copper, nickel, and aluminum. The atoms of metallic glasses solidify in a random fashion, unlike metals, which have an ordered crystalline structure. This disordered atomic state makes metallic glasses useful in a wide range of applications, from aircraft components to high-tech golf clubs. The Genesis metallic glass was prepared in a collaborative effort by Hays and George Wolter of the Howmet Corporation, Greenwich, Conn., using the same process the company uses for the high-tech Vitreloy- based golf clubs ...
Excellently glass wool pipe insulation,HOT SALE- fiber glass wool pipe, View Excellently glass wool pipe insulation, Sinroad...
Excellently glass wool pipe insulation,HOT SALE- fiber glass wool pipe,, Tianjin, China (Mainland), Heat Insulation, Glass Wool.Source from Xiamen Sinroad Industry & Trade Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com.
Bioglass - Wikipedia
Bioglass 45S5, commonly referred to by its commercial name Bioglass, is a glass specifically composed of 45 wt% SiO2, 24.5 wt% CaO, 24.5 wt% Na2O, and 6.0 wt% P2O5. Glasses are non-crystalline amorphous solids that are commonly composed of silica-based materials with other minor additives. Compared to soda-lime glass (commonly used, as in windows or bottles), Bioglass 45S5 contains less silica and higher amounts of calcium and phosphorus. The 45S5 name signifies glass with 45 weight % of SiO2 and 5:1 molar ratio of calcium to phosphorus. This high ratio of calcium to phosphorus promotes formation of apatite crystals; calcium and silica ions can act as crystallization nuclei. Lower Ca:P ratios do not bond to bone. Bioglass 45S5s specific composition is optimal in biomedical applications because of its similar composition to that of hydroxyapatite, the mineral component of bone. This similarity provides Bioglass ability to be integrated with living bone. This composition of bioactive glass is ...
Early Stages of Calcium Phosphate Formation on Bioactive Borosilicate by Yadong Li, B. Sonny Bal et al.
The conversion of bioactive glass to a calcium phosphate material, typically hydroxyapatite (HA), by solution-precipitation reactions in aqueous phosphate solution, has been commonly reported. This paper describes the structural and compositional characteristics of the calcium phosphate material formed during the early-stage conversion (o5 h) of a borosilicate glass (designated H12) in aqueous phosphate solution. Disks of H12 glass were reacted with 0.25M K2HPO4 solution with a starting pH57.0 at 371C. The structure and composition of the product layer were characterized using thin film X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, and Fourier transform infrared reflectance spectroscopy. For reaction times o5 h, the results indicated the formation of brushite (CaHPO4 .2H2O) with coarse, plate-like crystals. In comparison, the formation of HA with small needle-like crystals was found at later times. This early-stage formation of brushite has not been reported in previous studies of converting
Narishige G-1.2: Glass Capillary Tubing (500 / pk) - Tritech Research, Inc.
Narishiges G-1.2 glass capillary tubing are standard borosilicate glass capillary tubes, 90 mm in length, and have been pre-washed in an ultrasonic bath.
Brevet US7491138 - Golf ball covers and mantles comprising glass particles - Google Brevets
Disclosed herein is a golf ball with a mantle or cover layer formed from a composition comprising glass particles. More specifically, the golfball has a mantle and/or cover that contains a combination of glass particles and an ionomeric component or a non-ionomeric component.
TUBING - GLASS: Borosilicate & Soda glass tubing, Capillary tubing - Crescendo
A broad range of Glass tubing and capillary tubing made from borosilicate or soda glass. Particularly ideal for use in the science laboratory.
15ml 30ml 60ml 100ml 120ml Cosmetic Packaging Slant Shoulder Serum Glass Bottle With Mist Spray Cap - Buy Essential Oil Bottle...
15ml 30ml 60ml 100ml 120ml Cosmetic Packaging Slant Shoulder Serum Glass Bottle With Mist Spray Cap , Find Complete Details about 15ml 30ml 60ml 100ml 120ml Cosmetic Packaging Slant Shoulder Serum Glass Bottle With Mist Spray Cap,Essential Oil Bottle,Mist Sprayer,Slant Shoulder Glass Bottle from Bottles Supplier or Manufacturer-Guangzhou Lanjing Glass Co., Ltd.
Fiberglass Sea & Water Creatures | Fiberglass Animals for Community Art Projects | Cowpainters
We specialize in fiberglass animals for community art projects. With over 300 public art projects under our belt, we have the highest number of return and repeat customers, ranging from local communities and art councils to humane societies, schools and many other non-profits. Our current inventory includes more than 350 fiberglass animals, fiberglass forms and fiberglass objects.
Prescription Sports Glasses | Prescription Sports Goggles | RX Sports Glasses | RX Sports Goggles | Prescription Sports Eyewear...
Prescription Sports Glasses and Prescription Sports Goggles from Sports Glasses Canada - The Best Sports Glasses, Sports Goggles and Kids Sports Glasses with RX - Basketball Glasses, Football Glasses, Athletics Glasses, Squash Glasses, Soccer Glasses, Shooting Glasses, Kayaking Glasses, Raquetball Glasses, Ski Goggles and Snowboarding Goggles
Femora Borosilicate Square Glass Food Storage Containers
Femora Borosilicate Square Glass Food Storage Container container with Air Vent Lid -300 ml , Microwave Safe, Air Tight, Leak Resistant- 1 Year Warranty
PASTEL SUMMER DRAWBENCH GLASS BEADS choose 6mm 8mm 10mm COLOUR CHOICE | eBay
NEW... COLOUR CHOICE TOP QUALITY PASTEL SUMMER MARBLED DRAWBENCH GLASS BEADS choose 6mm 8mm 10mm TOP QUALITY GLASS BEADS ,THESE HAVE A GREAT LOOK, QUITE STUNNING AND UNIQUE TO 'THE BEAD SELECTION' THEY WILL ENHANCE ANY PIECE OF JEWELLERY . MIXED COLOUR BAGS RANDOMLY PICKED COLOURS OR INDIVIDUAL COLOUR BAGS. PICTURE IS AN ILLUSTRATION OF A GENERAL MIX ,EACH BAG IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT AND WILL BE MADE UP OF THE COLOURS PRESENTLY SHOWING IN STOCK.. 6MM 100 PER BAG 8MM 70 PER BAG 10MM 40 PER BAG HUGE RANGE OF FINDINGS AND BEADS AVAILABLE TO COMPLIMENT THESE INCLUDING A GREAT RANGE OF GLASS AND ACRYLIC BEADS.
Femora Borosilicate Round Glass Food Storage Containers
Femora Borosilicate Round Glass Food Storage Container with Air Vent Lid Microwave Safe- 380ml, Microwave Safe, Air Tight, Leak Resistant- 1 Year Warranty
Dschinni Molasses Catcher 18.8- shishagear
The Molasse Catcher is compatible with any shisha that has 18.8mm sections on the smoke column.TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS New Hits: High quality borosilicate glass 3.3, shatterproof armored edge, simple and fast construction Material: Borosilicate glass 3.3 (heat-resistant, durable, odorless and tasteless, food safe, env
Fiberglass - Wikipedia
In June 2011, the National Toxicology Program (NTP) removed from its Report on Carcinogens all biosoluble glass wool used in home and building insulation and for non-insulation products. However, NTP considers fibrous glass dust to be reasonably anticipated [as] a human carcinogen (Certain Glass Wool Fibers (Inhalable)). Similarly, Californias Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) published a November, 2011 modification to its Proposition 65 listing to include only Glass wool fibers (inhalable and biopersistent). The actions of U.S. NTP and Californias OEHHA mean that a cancer warning label for biosoluble fiber glass home and building insulation is no longer required under federal or California law. All fiberglass wools commonly used for thermal and acoustical insulation were reclassified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) in October 2001 as Not Classifiable as to carcinogenicity to humans (Group 3).. People can be exposed to ...
Characterization of porous glass by adsorption of dibromomethane in conjunction with small-angle x-ray scattering - Fingerprint...
Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of Characterization of porous glass by adsorption of dibromomethane in conjunction with small-angle x-ray scattering. Together they form a unique fingerprint. ...
Patent US3684645 - Glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic article - Google Patents
C. S. TEMPLE ETAL Filed March 25, 1969 GLASS FIBER REINFORCED THERMOPLASTIC ARTICLE +N NN y, Aug. l5, 1972 ATTORNEYS United States Patent O GLASS FIBER REINFORCED THERMOPLASTIC ARTICLE Chester S. Temple, Kennedy Township, Allegheny County, and Jack R. Matthews, Hampton Township, Allegheny County, Pa., assignors to PPG Industries, Inc., Pittsburgh, Pa. Filed Mar. 25, 1969, Ser. No. 810,261 Int. Cl. B32b 5/12 U.S. Cl. 1611-141 14 Claims ABSTRACT F THE DISCLOSURE A glass fiber strand mat is combined with a thermoplastic resin containing short glass fibers to produce a thermoplastic resinous sheet which is reformable into various shapes by heat and pressure. The mat is formed of relatively long strands but disposed randomly so as to give uniform strength in all directions in the plane of the sheet. The relatively short glass fibers in the resin provide improved surface properties (roughness) as well as improved strength and heat resistance to the final product. BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION This ...
Wide Gold Glass Bead Flex Bracelet - up to 19cm wrist by Avalaya Jewellery - Shop Online for Jewellery in Australia
Fishpond Australia, Wide Gold Glass Bead Flex Bracelet - up to 19cm wristBuy . Jewellery online: Wide Gold Glass Bead Flex Bracelet - up to 19cm wrist, Fishpond.com.au
Elegance Nickel Plated Cheese Tray with Glass Beads | Staples
Shop Elegance Nickel Plated Cheese Tray with Glass Beads at Staples. Choose from our wide selection of Elegance Nickel Plated Cheese Tray with Glass Beads and get fast & free shipping on select orders.
Gentaur Molecular :Cleaver \ Glass plates, Pk 2 Notched \ CSQ20-NG
Gentaur molecular products has all kinds of products like :search , Cleaver \ Glass plates, Pk_2 Notched \ CSQ20-NG for more molecular products just contact us
Applied Sciences | Free Full-Text | Fabrication of Metallic Glass Layers on Al Alloys with Improved Corrosion Resistance and...
Pulsed electrical discharge (PED) is a method that has been employed to fabricate metallic glass (MG) layers on Al-Cu-Mg-(Zn) alloys. Abnormal Al and Cu element segregation has been found on the alloys vitrified surfaces after PED treatment. Surface element evaporation was found and proven to be the main reason for such significant segregation. Benefits to the evaporation of the non-corrosion resisting elements in the MG layers, the corrosion resistance, and the surface hardness of Al-Cu-Mg-Zn alloys have been greatly improved. The average corrosion rates of Al-Cu-Mg-Zn alloys with MG layers were reduced to about 2% of that without MG layers. Additionally, the surface hardness of Al-Cu-Mg-Zn alloys with MG layers was increased to 537.173 (±7) HV0.1. PED treatment is a promising way to synthesize MG layers with controllable element proportions and distributions for wear- and corrosion-resistant coatings on traditional Al-Cu-Mg-Zn alloys.
Glass Weight Calculator Archives - Bear Glass Blog
V-Grooving. Bear Glass is the 4th generation family business specializing in working in glass. We are the largest stocking distributor of Walker glass in the nation. Bear Glass products, offer a wealth of opportunities to architects, interior designers and decorators. Any pattern can be designed by engraving a groove in the surface of the glass. Our V-Grooving equipment is capable of producing custom engraved designs (commonly know as V-Grooving), with different profile engraving tools.. V-Grooving can be done on any architectural flat glass and mirrors. Our V-Grooved glass can also be heat strengthened, tempered, and laminated. Custom profiles are also available here at Bear Glass. This is glass that has a groove or grooves put into it to create simple to complex designs for your liking. Grooving can be used alone or even in combination with other design elements, such as silk screening, to create a myriad of patterns.. While most glass groovers are looking for high volume orders, which we like ...
Electronic structure inheritance and pressure-induced polyamorphism in lanthanide-based metallic glasses.
We report that a series of lanthanide-based bulk metallic glasses show a pressure-induced polyamorphic phase transition observed by in situ angle-dispersive x-ray diffraction under high pressures. The transition started from a low-density state at l
Femtosecond Laser Writing of Waveguides in Zinc Phosphate Glasses [Inv by Luke B. Fletcher, Jon J. Witcher et al.
We have studied the relationship between the initial glass composition and the structural changes associated with laser-induced refractive index modification in a series of Er-Yb doped and undoped zinc phosphate glasses. White light microscopy and waveguide experiments are used together with Raman and fluorescence spectroscopy to characterize the structural changes. The correlation between Raman peak shifts and fluorescence from phosphorus-oxygen hole center (POHC) defects indicates that fs-laser writing results in a depolymerization of the phosphate glass network. The results also show that the exact glass composition should be taken into account when fabricating waveguide devices in phosphate glasses, in order to both expand the fs-laser processing conditions and maximize favorable morphological changes for 3-D photonic devices. © 2011 Optical Society of America.
Artistry In Glass | MEASURING & MARKING TOOLS | TI-PEN, TITANIUM GLASS WRITING PEN
Ti-Pen™ is the ideal glass signing tool for the lampworker, glass blower or glass jewelry maker. The Ti-Pen™ tool is different from most scribes because it writes by friction of the metal titanium point. Leaving behind a metal deposit in a silver colour on the surface of glass, quartz, ceramics, or vitreous enamels. • Optimal for identification or designing on all types of glass work • Use for glass art, scientific lampworked glass, blown glass and cold worked glass • Offer
Patent US4303431 - Method and apparatus for producing hollow microspheres - Google Patents
Hollow glass microspheres made from a low heat conductivity glass composition containing a high vacuum and a thin metal coating deposited on the inner wall surface of the microspheres are described. The hollow glass microspheres are used to make superior insulation materials in the construction of highly efficient solar energy collectors. The hollow glass microspheres are made by forming a liquid film of molten glass across a coaxial blowing nozzle, applying a metal vapor blowing gas at a positive pressure on the inner surface of the glass film to blow the film and form an elongated cylinder shaped liquid film of molten glass. A transverse jet is used to direct an inert entraining fluid over and around the blowing nozzle at an angle to the axis of the blowing nozzle. The entraining fluid as it passes over and around the blowing nozzle fluid dynamically induces a pulsating or fluctuating pressure field at the opposite or lee side of the blowing nozzle in the wake or shadow of the coaxial blowing nozzle.
Can I Wear Glasses After Nose Tip Plasty Operation?
When can you resume wearing glasses after nose tip plasty operation? - When can I wear glasses after nose tip plasty operation? - How to wear glasses after nose tip plasty operation? - How to wear eyeglass / sunglasses after nose tip plasty operation? - When to wear glasses after nose tip plasty operation? - Wearing glasses after nose tip plasty operation - Wearing glasses after nose tip plasty - When can I start to wear glasses after nose tip plasty operation? - Can I wear glasses after nose tip plasty operation? - How long after nose tip surgery until I can wear glasses? - Wearing glasses after nose tip plasty
Glass figurines have glass horse statues, glass birds, glass rabbit, glass dog, glass rat, glass charms, glass vase, glass twin bells and glass honey birds.
Measuring viscosity using a glass capillary - Pump & Flow
There are two types of viscosity that we usually deal with; kinematic and dynamic viscosity. Kinematic viscosity is a measure of a fluids internal resistance to flow under the force of gravity, and is usually given in the units of centistokes, cSt. Dynamic viscosity is a measure of a fluids resistance to flow when there is an external force, and has the units of centipoise, cP. For pump analysis dynamic viscosity is generally more useful, but kinematic viscosity does have application - especially for Newtonian liquids, and if you find yourself needing to measure the kinematic viscosity then a glass capillary is the simplest way.. The glass capillary is usually several hundred millimeters tall, and is made with precise length and inside diameter dimensions. It will have show two marks on the capillary, and the kinematic viscosity is determined by simply measuring the time it takes for a known quantity of the liquid to flow through the capillary between the two marks, and multiplying it by a ...
polyester glass fiber fabric - Wholesale polyester glass fiber fabric
Wholesale polyester glass fiber fabric - buy latest polyester glass fiber fabric direct from 5382 polyester glass fiber fabric Factories.
Healing of interfaces of high and ultra-high-molecular- weight polystyrene below the bulk glass transition temperature.<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Healing of interfaces of high and ultra-high-molecular- weight polystyrene below the bulk glass transition temperature.. AU - Boiko, Yuri M.. AU - Lyngaae-Jørgensen, Jørgen. PY - 2004. Y1 - 2004. N2 - Amorphous bulk samples of high-molecular-weight (HMW) polystyrene (PS) with a weight-average molecular weight M-w of 102.5 kg/mol and a number-average molecular weight M. of 97 kg/mol and of ultra-high-molecular-weight PS (UHMWPS) with M-w=1110.5 kg/mol and M-n = 965.6 kg/mol were brought into contact to themselves below the glass transition temperature T-g of the bulk Tg-bulk, in a lap-shear joint geometry, at a constant healing temperature T-h for a healing time t(h) of 10 min to 24 h. The lap-shear strength sigma of the symmetric HMWPS-HMWPS and UHMWPS-URMWPS interfaces has been measured at the ambient temperature. Larger values of sigma have always been measured for the HMWPS-HMWPS interface after healing at the same conditions. However, the difference between the values of a, ...
Generic version of cholesterol drug Lipitor recalled for glass particles
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. has recalled dozens of lots of its generic version of cholesterol drug Lipitor because some may contain tiny glass particles, the latest in a string of manufacturing deficiencies that once led U.S. regula
The Kinetics of the Glass Transition and Physical Aging in Germanium Selenide Glasses<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - The Kinetics of the Glass Transition and Physical Aging in Germanium Selenide Glasses. AU - Zhao, Haoyu. AU - Koh, Yungpyo. AU - Pyda, Marek. AU - Sen, Sabyasachi. AU - Simon, Sindee. PY - 2013/4. Y1 - 2013/4. N2 - The kinetics associated with the glass transition is investigated using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) for germanium selenide glasses with Ge content ranging from 0 to 30 at.% and average coordination numbers ranging from 2.0 to 2.6. As Ge content increases, the glass transition region broadens and the step change in heat capacity at Tg decreases. As a result of physical aging, enthalpy overshoots are observed in DSC heating scans and the corresponding change in enthalpy can be calculated as a function of aging time. The change in enthalpy linearly increases with the logarithm of aging time and then levels off at an equilibrium value that increases with decreasing aging temperature. The time required to reach equilibrium increases with decreasing aging ...
Crystallization and Microstructural Control of Ferroelectric Thin-Films and Glass-Ceramics.
Research on solution-derived ferroelectric thin-films and melt-derived ferroelectric glass-ceramics was conducted in parallel with considerable overlap in the compositions studied and the evaluations of the crystallization behavior, microstructural development, and resulting properties. Lead germane based ferroelectric thin films were developed with a room temperature pyroelectric coefficient over 90% of the single crystal value, and a pyroelectric figure of merit exceeding the highest reported value for oriented lead titanate films. New glass-ceramic compositions were developed based on the crystallization of ferroelectric phases of lead zirconate titanate and lead zinc niobate in lead borosilicate glass matrices. The compositions in glass powder form densified at temperatures less than 900 deg C by a combination of viscous and liquid phase sintering mechanisms. Crystallization of an interconnected microstructure of the ferroelectric phases was critical to produce ferroelectric properties, and allow
BIOAVAILABILITY OF PAHS FROM PYROGENIC AND PETROGENIC SOURCES MEASURED USING GLASS FISH | Science Inventory | US EPA
Geochemical evidence indicates PAHs associated with pyrogenic sources behave differently than PAHs from petrogenic sources. There is also some evidence and supposition that PAHs from pyrogenic and petrogenic sources demonstrate differing bioavailability. In this study, we evaluated the bioavailability of PAHs from pyrogenic and petrogenic sources using a simple exposure system and glass fish. Glass fish are modified semi-permeable membrane devices (SPMDs) constructed of small borosilicate glass vials filled with either triolien or iso-octane (lipid phase) and capped with a polyethylene membrane. Accumulation of PAHs in the lipid phase of the glass fish was used to indicate PAH bioavailability. Petrogenic PAH materials included creosote, fuel oil and crude oil while pyrogenic PAH materials consisted of diesel soot, tire rubber and coal dust. Blank and reagent treatments were also conducted as negative and positive controls, respectively. Pyrogenic and petrogenic materials were added to the ...
The Ultimate Glass Enema Kit - Reverse Coffee Co
A COMPLETE KIT: Looking for a safe and effective way to evacuate the contents of your lower colon? Introducing the Reverse Coffee Co. glass enema kit! It comes with a borosilicate glass bucket, a silicone lid, extra-long tubing with an easy-control valve, a digital thermometer, a cleaning brush, 2 glass tip
Water Feather Plugs by Gorilla Glass - Tulsa Body Jewelry
These double flare water feather plugs are made from hand blown borosilicate glass by gorilla glass. They have a wearable area of approximately 3/8 between flares. Choose your size below. [view all Gorilla Glass]
SFC Introduces Organic, Cream-Top, Lactose-Free Milk in Reusable Glass Bottles | Straus Family Creamery
Straus Family Creamery, Californias pioneering organic creamery, is adding lactose-free, cream-top, reduced fat milk to its lineup. Like all Straus milks, the lactose-free option is certified organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, certified kosher and available in reusable glass bottles. Supermarkets and grocery stores in the greater San Francisco Bay Area will offer lactose-free milk in quart-sized glass bottles at a suggested retail price of $2.99, plus bottle deposit.
Wine Glassware: Guide For Beginners - Magallanes LTD
Image Source: Google. Generally, every wine glass should be clear and unadorned to help you view the color and the clarity of the wine. Colored glasses and crystal glasses are, therefore, not in the running.. Temperature:. Then you have to take into consideration the temperature the wine should be served at. Since the warmth of your hands will increase the temperature of the wine, the stem of the glass should be long enough for you to hold the glass without handling the bulb. Red wines may be served in shorter stemmed glasses as these are generally drunk at room temperature.. Best for the bouquet:. The second aspect of wine tasting, as we had discussed earlier, is the bouquet of the wine. To nose the wine, you need to shake it up a bit by twirling it in the glass. This means that the glass should be large enough to enable you to hold a substantial amount without being filled to the brim. Always fill only two thirds of the glass. Theres nothing more irritating than trying to rotate your glass, ...
thigh boots sex - Wikipedia
thigh boots sexThe black-tie awards ceremony was held on 15 June at the Royal Armouries in Leeds, at the centre of the countrys great east-west glass manufacturing corridor - where nine out of ten of the UKs largest glass manufacturers have production sites. Glasses, also known as eyeglasses or spectacles, are devices consisting of glass or hard plastic lenses mounted in a frame that holds them in front of a persons eyes, typically using a bridge over the nose and arms which rest over the ears. Glasses are typically used for vision correction, such as with reading glasses and glasses used for nearsightedness. Safety glasses provide eye protection against flying debris for construction workers or lab technicians; these glasses may have protection for the sides of the eyes as well as in the lenses. Some types of safety glasses are used to protect against visible and near-visible light or radiation. Glasses are worn for eye protection in some sports, such as squash. Glasses wearers may use a ...
Effects of the particle size and nucleation temperature on tellurite 20Li(2)O-80TeO(2) glass crystallization
20Li(2)O-80TeMO(2) glasses were heat annealed at different temperatures between T-g and T-x and studied by using XRD, FTIR spectroscopy and DSC techniques to understand the crystallization kinetics in this glass matrix. The infrared band structure of this glass is similar to what was observed in glassy TeO2. XRD results reveal the presence of three distinct crystalline gamma-TeO2, alpha-TeO2 and Li2Te2O5 phases during the crystallization process. This is a first report of gamma-TeO2 phase crystallization in this glass matrix. DSC results confinn the crystallization of three distinct structures in the glass. In summary, our results suggest a crystallization hierarchy on this glass matrix since the gamma-TeO2 and alpha-TeO2 phases crystallization occurs before the Li2Te2O5 phase crystallization. (c) 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.. ...
Wholesale Reusable Fiberglass Kitchen Macaron Pastry Bbq Non-stick Custom Baking Mat Silicone - Buy Baking Mat Silicone,Baking...
Wholesale Reusable Fiberglass Kitchen Macaron Pastry Bbq Non-stick Custom Baking Mat Silicone , Find Complete Details about Wholesale Reusable Fiberglass Kitchen Macaron Pastry Bbq Non-stick Custom Baking Mat Silicone,Baking Mat Silicone,Baking Mat,Wholesale Reusable Fiberglass Kitchen Macaron Pastry Bbq Non-stick Custom Baking Mat Silicone from Baking & Pastry Tools Supplier or Manufacturer-Shiny Technology (Huizhou) Co., Ltd.
Buy Glass Wool Board faced with black Tissue Price,Size,Weight,Model,Width -Okorder.com
Buy Glass Wool Board faced with black Tissue, Find Details include Size,Weight,Model and Width about Glass Wool Board faced with black Tissue. Make an Inquiry for Glass Wool Board faced with black Tissue at OKorder.com.
Wine glass possibly used as a culture glass by Joseph Lister | Science Museum Group Collection
Wine glass, possibly used as a culture glass by Joseph Lister Glassware of the type that fills laboratories today was rare in Joseph Listers time (1827-1912). Lister would have used glassware from his kitchen for his microbiological experiments on blood and urine. In the 1870s, he found that samples of blood and urine stored in uncovered glasses decomposed. He concluded that something in the air caused decomposition, rather than the air alone. The wine glass is shown here with similar examples. ...
Why some photons are absorbed while propagating through glass | Physics Forums - The Fusion of Science and Community
Now my question is if we use a highly monochromatic light of frequency more than the phonon spectrum of glass then, light would transmit through glass by the process of to absorbtion of photons by the lattice and again re-emission and we must get intensity at the end of glass slab equal to the intensity incident.But in reality this does not happen , some energy is absorbed by the slab and we dont get intensity of wave emerging out of slab equal to incident intensity.Why it is so???? Why some photons do get permanently absorbed by the glass plate,even if all of them had energy beyond the phonon spectrum of glass???? Ideally, all the identical photons having energy beyond the phonon spectrum of glass should have been emitted as told by ZapperZ that if the photon has an energy beyond the phonon spectrum, then while it can still cause a disturbance of the lattice ions, the solid cannot sustain this vibration, because the phonon mode isnt available and none of them(photons) should have been ...
Nanotubes Find New Applications in Fiberglass Plastics
OCSiAl, the worlds leading manufacturer of single wall carbon nanotubes, is launching a new joint project in fiberglass plastics. The addition of nanotubes allows Euro Accent Saba to impart anti-static properties to fiberglass plastic tanks for oil waste storage and transportation, cleaning equipment, and oily waste pumping. This is the fourth successful project to use nanotubes in the fiberglass industry, and once again this revolutionary material has enabled the creation of products that are second to none in the world.
Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The Glenshaw Glass case. In Commissioner v. Glenshaw Glass Co., 348 U.S. 426 (1955), the Supreme Court laid out what has become ...
Anti-glare protection glasses. Anti-glare protection glasses, or anti-reflective glasses, can reduce the reflection of ... Pinhole glasses are a type of corrective glasses that do not use a lens. Pinhole glasses do not actually refract the light or ... Glasses wearers may use a strap to prevent the glasses from falling off during movement or sports. Wearers of glasses that are ... Yellow-tinted computer/gaming glasses. Yellow tinted glasses are a type of glasses with a minor yellow tint. They perform ...
"Glass Water Bottles: BPA Free Water Bottles". Retrieved March 30, 2012.. *^ Hijnen, W.A.M. (2006). "Inactivation credit of UV ... Glass bottles have a high level of temperature transfer, so they are not ideal for very hot or cold liquids. ... Water bottles made of glass, aluminium and steel are the most readily recyclable. HDPE and LDPE bottles can be recycled as well ... The lowest impact water bottles are those made of glass or metal. They are not made from petroleum and are easily recyclable. ...
Glass transition temperature. Some cryoprotectants function by lowering the glass transition temperature of a solution or ...
Fluoride glass. Fluoride glass is a class of non-oxide optical quality glasses composed of fluorides of various metals. ... A mix of fluoride glass and phosphate glass is fluorophosphate glass. ... Phosphate glass constitutes a class of optical glasses composed of metaphosphates of various metals. Instead of the SiO4 ... An example of a heavy metal fluoride glass is the ZBLAN glass group, composed of zirconium, barium, lanthanum, aluminium, and ...
The cross was made from cerulean blue glass (cerulean meaning "sky-blue") by the Czech glass artist Jan Frydrych. It sits on a ... The Epiphany Chapel has a series of Pre-Raphaelite stained glass windows designed by Edward Burne-Jones and made in William ... The cathedral's huge medieval stained glass West Window was deliberately smashed by Cromwell's forces after the outbreak of the ... After the restoration of the monarchy in 1660, the broken glass was gathered up and assembled randomly, in a manner something ...
John W. Cahn
Glass transition. In 2004, Cahn and Bendersky presented evidence that an "isotropic non-crystalline metallic phase" ( ... TEM images show that the q-glass nucleates from the melt as discrete particles, which grow spherically with a uniform growth ... Yet there is a nucleation barrier, which implies an interfacial discontinuity (or internal surface) between the glass and the ... dubbed "q-glass") can be grown from the melt. This is the "primary phase," to form in the Al-Fe-Si system during rapid cooling ...
Amorphous metals have a non-crystalline glass-like structure. But unlike common glasses, such as window glass, which are ... Bulk metallic glasses. A metallic glass (also known as an amorphous or glassy metal) is a solid metallic material, usually an ... The first reported metallic glass was an alloy (Au75Si25) produced at Caltech in 1960. More recently, batches of amorphous ... Theft control ID tags and other article surveillance schemes often use metallic glasses because of these magnetic properties. ...
1979-1983: Glass Houses and The Nylon Curtain. The success of his piano-driven ballads like "Just the Way You Are", " ... Glass Houses spent six weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard chart and yielded such hits as "You May Be Right" (used as the theme ... Glass Houses won the Grammy for Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male. It would also win the American Music Award for Favorite ... Joel released his seventh studio album, Glass Houses, in an attempt to further establish himself as a rock and roll artist; ...
Most glasses contain a metal oxide fused with silica. At high temperatures used to prepare glass, the material is a viscous ... Fibers of glass are also available. Scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass is a well-known example of the application of ... Traditional insulation, glass Improved insulation, insulative glass if it can be made clear, sleeves for oil pipelines, ... Glass Building skyscrapers, towers, and sculptures like Europe Gate Metamaterials Hypothetical, experiments, diffusion ...
Brick wall resin and glass fiber reinforcement. Brick building structures have been reinforced with coatings of glass ...
Glass micropipette. Carlsberg pipettes, glass micropipettes, named for the place for their invention and first use, The ... The first simple pipettes were made in glass, such as Pasteur pipettes. Large pipettes continue to be made in glass; others are ... A glass or plastic pipette tube is used with a thumb-operated piston and PTFE seal which slides within the pipette in a ... Pasteur pipettes are plastic or glass pipettes used to transfer small amounts of liquids, but are not graduated or calibrated ...
Museum of Byzantine Culture
Conservation Workshop of Ceramic, Glass and small Finds. Since 1994 the workshop works. Next to the work area there is a ... As an orientation for the composition of the items serve drawings of all known forms of clay and glass vessels. The individual ... Since 1998, objects of everyday life such as pottery, glass vessels, looms etc. have been shown here. The reception hall of a ... In addition to stones, marble and glass, leaf gold was also used. They depicted saints, animals, plants and geometrical shapes ...
Glass manufacturing. One of the earliest applications of sodium selenate was in the glass industry. Selenium produces a ... Sodium selenate is also used as a decolorizing agent in glass production. The red hue it gives glass is complementary to the ... When used together, the two compound produce a colorless glass. Pesticide. Sodium selenate is a common ingredient in ... red hue in glass The molten glass is treated with sodium selenate and then arsenic trioxide to reduce the compound and provide ...
The girl with the dark glasses. The girl with the dark glasses is a former part-time prostitute who is struck blind while ... Once the group escapes the quarantine, the old man becomes the lover of the girl with the dark glasses. ... The girl with the dark glasses feeds him and takes care of him like a mother. ... She seemingly contracted the "white-blindness" while visiting the doctor due to conjunctivitis (hence the dark glasses). She is ...
List of Marvel Comics characters: S
Stained Glass Scarlet. Main article: Stained Glass Scarlet. Stallior. Main article: List of Inhumans § Inhuman ...
Stained glass soldering. Historically, stained glass soldering tips were copper, heated by being placed in a charcoal- ... Tiffany-type stained glass is made by gluing copper foil around the edges of the pieces of glass and then soldering them ... Soldering is also used to join lead came and copper foil in stained glass work. ... This method makes it possible to create three-dimensional stained glass pieces. ...
In 2004, Kenojuak designed a stained glass window for a chapel at Appleby College in Oakville, Ontario. The window, of an ... In 2004, she created the first ever Inuit-designed stained glass window for the John Bell Chapel at Appleby College in Oakville ... and in 2004 she created the first Inuit-designed stained-glass window for the John Bell Chapel in Oakville, Ontario. In 2017, ...
Jagmal Raja Chauhan
Glass and ceramics. He was a pioneer in the glass and ceramic industry of India, who founded Allahbad Glass Factory ... Later he established another glass factory named, Bombay Glass Works at Bombay in 1930 and one more named Raja Glass Works at ... Journal of the Society of Glass Technology, Volume 15. Society of glass technology, Sheffield, Eng. 1931. p. 34.. ... 10] and Naini Glass Works both located at Naini in 1912. In 1919, his glass factory at Naini was visited by Sir Harcort ...
Glasses and contact lenses. The use of reading glasses when doing close work may improve vision by reducing or ... Bates, Wm H (1920) Sight Without Glasses Archived 20 December 2016 at the Wayback Machine.. Ch. 10, p. 106. ISBN 1479118540. ... The National Institutes of Health says there is no known way of preventing myopia, and the use of glasses or contact lenses ... Optical correction using glasses or contact lenses is the most common treatment; other approaches include orthokeratology, and ...
Examples of such glasses have commercial significance, e.g. soda-lime glass, borosilicate glass, lead glass. In these glasses, ... Precursor to glass and silicon. Silica is the primary ingredient in the production of most glass. The glass transition ... Pure silica (silicon dioxide), when cooled as fused quartz into a glass with no true melting point, can be used as a glass ... While not soluble in water, some strong bases will react with glass and have to be stored in plastic bottles as a result. ...
Glass solder. Glass solders are used to join glasses to other glasses, ceramics, metals, semiconductors, mica, and other ... Glass solders are frequently used for glass-to-metal seals and glass-ceramic-to-metal seals. ... The bonding between the glass or ceramics and the glass solder can be either covalent, or, more often, van der Waals. The ... Glass solders are frequently used in electronic packaging. CERDIP packagings are an example. Outgassing of water from the glass ...
Cadbury Dairy Milk
Glass and a Half Full Records. Main article: Zingolo. A new 'record label' was launched as part of the Glass and a Half ... Glass and a Half Full Productions (2007-2011). In 2007, Cadbury launched a new advertising campaign entitled Gorilla, ... "Cadbury Dairy Milk - Glass and a Half Full Productions". Aglassandahalffullproductions.com. Retrieved 5 January 2010.. ... By this point, Cadbury's was the brand leader in the United Kingdom. In 1928, Cadbury's introduced the "glass and a half" ...
Season of Glass
The front cover features Lennon's bloodstained glasses positioned next to a half-filled glass of water, with a view of Central ... Season of Glass. (1981). It's Alright (I See Rainbows). (1982)It's Alright (I See Rainbows)1982. ... Season of Glass at AllMusic. *^ "Rolling Stone Music , Album Reviews". Rollingstone.com. 2011-11-01. Retrieved 9 November 2011. ... Season of Glass is a 1981 album by Yoko Ono, her first solo recording after the murder of her husband John Lennon. The album ...
There are three primary types of VRLA batteries, sealed VR wet cell, absorbent glass mat (AGM) and gel cell. Gel cells add ... By this time the glass case was being replaced by celluloid and later in 1930s other plastics. Earlier "wet" cells in glass ... Absorbent glass mat (AGM). AGM batteries differ from flooded lead acid batteries in that the electrolyte is held in the ... Flint glass p 121). *Vinal, G.W. (1955 Jan 01) Storage batteries. A general treatise on the physics and chemistry of secondary ...
Glass manufacture. Thorium dioxide was formerly added to glasses during manufacture to increase their refractive index, ... producing thoriated glass with up to 40% ThO2 content. These glasses were used in the construction of high-quality photographic ... However, the radioactivity of the thorium caused both a safety and pollution hazard and self-degradation of the glass (turning ... it yellow or brown over time). Lanthanum oxide has replaced thorium dioxide in almost all modern high-index glasses. ...
Glass. Glass is melted and blown by hand into flower shapes. Working with glass at high temperatures to form a flower is ... They are sometimes made for scientific purposes (the collection of glass flowers at Harvard University, for example, ... very difficult, which is why glass flowers are much more expensive than typical artificial flowers. ...
Glass transition temperature. A parameter of particular interest in synthetic polymer manufacturing is the glass ... The glass transition temperature may be engineered by altering the degree of branching or crosslinking in the polymer or by the ... Thermal properties such as the glass transition temperature and melting point can be determined by differential scanning ... and increase the glass transition temperature (Tg). This is a result of the increase in chain interactions such as Van der ...
Glass corrosion tests. Effect of addition of a certain glass component on the chemical durability against water corrosion ... Bettine Boltres (2015) When Glass Meets Pharma: Insights about Glass as Primary Packaging Material. Editio Cantor. ISBN 978-3- ... quartz glass, B2O3 glass or P2O5 glass. ... Glass disease is the corrosion of silicate glasses in aqueous ... The diffusion-controlled normalized leaching rate of cations from glasses (g/cm2·d) is given by: N. R. x. i. =. 2. ρ. D. i. π. ...
In the absorbent glass mat design, or AGM for short, the separators between the plates are replaced by a glass fibre mat soaked ... Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM). This section does not cite any sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations ... Wood, rubber, glass fiber mat, cellulose, and PVC or polyethylene plastic have been used to make separators. Wood was the ... Gel-cells and absorbed glass-mat batteries are common in these roles, collectively known as VRLA (valve-regulated lead-acid) ...
Firefox Quantum vs Chrome: Can Firefox beat Google with ethics and speed? | WIRED UK
Glass Cleaners - Office Depot
The Blessings of Autumn - 18.5″ x 18.5″ Stained Glass Art (White Frame). $130.00. ... Disney Beauty and the Beasts Winter Enchantment - 12″ x 23″ Framed Glass Art. $120.00. ... Disney Mickey and Minnie Sweetheart Central Park - 12″ x 23″ Framed Glass Art. $120.00. ... Blessings of Christmas - 18.5″ x 18.5″ Stained Glass Art (White Frame). $130.00. ...
Fab Glass and Mirror - Westerville, OH | Inc.com
Fab Glass and Mirror. A manufacturer and distributor of glass and mirror products, providing glass products and services to ... Fab Glass and Mirror is one of the fastest growing companies in America (#183 INC 2016) specializing in manufacturing and ... With our state of the art, online ordering system coupled with live assistance by phone Fab Glass and Mirror are committed to ... distribution of glass and mirror products. We are an industry leader supplying the finest products and services to consumers, ...
SPAGO BOOM! Busted Skylight Panel Drops Glass On Lunch
Theres a chunk of glass skylight panel in my soup! ... a glass skylight panel at Spago just crumbled and dropped glass ... SPAGO BOOM! Busted Skylight Panel Drops Glass On Lunch. SPAGO BOOM! Busted Skylight Panel Drops Glass On Lunch * EXCLUSIVE ... Waiter! Theres a chunk of glass skylight panel in my soup!. We joke because no one got hurt ... but this is SCARY ... ... only small bits of glass rained down. Again -- so far NO reports of anyone getting hit. ...
BERÄKNA Bowl, clear glass, 26 cm - IKEA
26 cm The glass bowl is mouth blown by a skilled craftsperson. ... The glass bowl is mouth blown by a skilled craftsperson.The ... At the glassworks, the glassblower gathers molten glass on a pipe and carefully shapes the glass. The talent, experience and ... But they also use a lot of different greenery like eucalyptus or monstera leaves to decorate a nice glass vase only with ... To make our mouth blown glass, we collaborate with skilled glassblowers who have developed the art of creating finished ...
9 A Glass Fuses - Grainger Industrial Supply
When it comes to 9 A Glass Fuses you can count on Grainger. Supplies and solutions for every industry, plus easy ordering, fast ... 9 A Glass Fuses 5 products Glass fuses provide overcurrent protection for low-current circuits in appliances, electronics ... One-piece, fast-acting glass fuses with knob combine a fuse body and an insulating cap into a single unit for use as an in-line ... Also called fast-blow glass fuses, they open within seconds of being exposed to overloads and short circuits. They are highly ...
Gin Glasses | Cut Glass | John Lewis & Partners
Shop for Cut Glass from our Home & Garden range at John Lewis & Partners. Free UK mainland delivery when you spend £50 and over ... Cut Glass (1). There is 1 result, Your applied filters are, category gin glasses, type spirit & liqueur glasses, type gin ... Quick view, Dartington Crystal Limelight Cut Glass Gin Copa Glasses, Set of 2, 610ml, Clear. Add to your basket, Dartington ... Quick view, Dartington Crystal Limelight Cut Glass Gin Copa Glasses, Set of 2, 610ml, Clear. Add to your basket, Dartington ...
'Gossip Girl' Fans Raise A Glass To This Themed-Cocktail...
Plus as much as she enjoys a martini or glass of Champagne, Im positive shes had more than her share of rum. Then sometimes ... My neighborhood is in Brooklyn (dont tell Blair). Dirty Precious in Gowanus is a fun spot-I like the Rose Colored Glasses ( ... "This book celebrates all that Gossip Girl is through the lens of Manhattans favorite accessory-a glass." ...
Tadlock's Glasses - Beastie Boys | Last.fm
PureGear Universal Liquid Glass - RadioShack
9H: Hardness strengthens your glass screen Scratch Resistant Touch + Swipe Precise Bubble-Free ... Liquid Glass creates an invisible protective coating over the screen of any handset or tablet. ... HomeCell Phone AccessoriesPureGear Universal Liquid Glass. Snap-On Case for iPhone 6 (Red)Back to Cell Phone Accessories ... PureGear Privacy HD Glass Screen Protector with Installation Tray for iPhone 12 Pro Max. $54.99. $27.49. Sale ...
Japanese Designs Stained Glass Coloring Book
Glass Ceiling at Non-Profits? | PLANSPONSOR
Round Glass Bead Strands | Hobby Lobby
Specific Use Glass & Plastic | Carolina.com
Glass & Plasticware. Quality selection of science lab glassware designed to address accuracy and safety. Affordable price with ... Pyrex® Glass Griffin Beaker, Low Form, Measuring, 250 mL Item #721209 $4.40 ... Pyrex® Glass Griffin Beaker, Low Form, Measuring, 400 mL Item #721210 $5.25 ... Pyrex® Glass Griffin Beaker, Low Form, Measuring, 50 mL Item #721206 $4.40 ...
sun glasses max
Sun Glasses 3D Model available on Turbo Squid, the worlds leading provider of digital 3D models for visualization, films, ... Sun Glasses fashion accessories eyewear sunglasses rayban wayfarer shades visor sunlight assembly glamour black ray-ban wear ... Sun Glasses. ,, SPECS ,,. - Each models is a set of 11 separated objects. - 2,096 polygons - 2,048 vertices on Subdividion ... 1,048 polygons - 1,024 vertices in Each Glass model. - Preview rendered with V-Ray. - 3DsMax 2014 is the native file format. - ...
SPIEGELAU Cider Glass Set
Aperitif glasses, grappa glasses or curved beer glasses - the variety is almost endless. Here you will find the right glass for ... The functional machine-made cider glass of the plain glass collection Special Glasses is the perfect choice for enjoying Cider ... Glass care Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal*RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE ... Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl ...
Sunflower Formed Glass Ornament
Camaro Gen2 Door Glass
Lucca water glass - Turquoise
Discover our Lucca water glass - Turquoise ⚡ Fast Shipping ✓ French brand ... Lucca water glass made from recycled glass. A glass for cold drinks made in Tuscany using a meticulous process ... Borosilicate glass obtains these properties thanks to transparent films worked in water glass ... This glass offers a capacity of 9.5 cl. Dimension: 9,2 x 8,2 cm ... Lucca water glass - Turquoise Lucca water glass - Turquoise 4, ...
Small business management requires planning, patience and a glass half full
Google Launches New $999 Glass AR Headset for Enterprise Customers - MacRumors
... the Glass Enterprise Edition 2. The Glass Enterprise Edition... ... announced the launch of a new enterprise-focused Google Glass ... The Glass Enterprise Edition 2 looks more like a traditional pair of glasses than a futuristic headset thanks to safety frames ... Google today announced the launch of a new enterprise-focused Google Glass headset, the Glass Enterprise Edition 2. ... Google Glass 2 runs Android Oreo, which is meant to make it easier for businesses to develop for and deploy. ...
Seasons through the Looking Glass | UCL News - UCL - University College London
... or looking glass, which lies at the end of the installation: "A large-looking glass in the foot tunnel immediately beyond the ... To find out more about Seasons through the Looking Glass and China Design Now, use the links at the top of this article. ... Seasons through the Looking Glass, an installation inspired by Lewis Carrolls Alice in Wonderland, is located at the tunnel ... 1 and 2 Seasons through the Looking Glass. 3 Guangming Smart-city model. ...
Analysis of Glass Panels Subjected to Blast Load | Matthias Förch | Springer
... concentrating on monolithic and laminated glass prior to glass fracture. A graphical solution for monolithic glass is presented ... The present doctoral dissertation contributes to the analysis of glass panels subjected to blast load, ... heat strengthened glass and fully tempered glass are proposed. In addition, design strength values for impact and blast design ... Analysis of Glass Panels Subjected to Blast Load. Authors. * Matthias Förch Series Title. Fassadensysteme und Gebäudehüllen. ...
2018Borosilicate glassWikimedia Commons2017Molten glassAmorphousMenagerie20162020Philip GlassBubblesSoda-limeBeadsGoogle'sVenetianCrystallineMadeTransitionSubstrates1,500VitreousRecipeEyeglasses2021World'sMuranoWearable computerContentVasesVolcanicJewelleryBlownUnbreakableGoogle GlassShapesOxideCharacteristicLensesMake19thPanesFragileEnterprise EditionPigmentAdditiveArchaeologicalNarratorChandeliersRoom temperatureWidelyTypicallyFactories1968One'sMarvel
- Fortunately, we have already spotted the best twisty glass blunts in 2018. (issuu.com)
- 3M glass bubbles are high-strength, low-density hollow glass microspheres made from soda-lime borosilicate glass. (3m.com)
- 3M™ Glass Bubbles are engineered hollow glass microspheres made from water-resistant and chemically-stable soda-lime borosilicate glass. (3m.com)
- Spanish architect Marta Armengol has created a collection of lights and vases called the Four Folds, which are made of borosilicate glass that has been blown into imperfect shapes. (dezeen.com)
- glasses on Wikimedia Commons. (wiktionary.org)
- Noah Glass is an American technology entrepreneur, best known for his early work launching Twitter and Odeo, a podcasting company that closed in 2017. (yahoo.com)
- glimpse me creating with molten glass, have a peek inside my studio and see some up close views of my creations. (google.com)
- Some have made objects by printing molten glass, but the disadvantage is that this requires extremely high temperatures and heat-resistant equipment. (freerepublic.com)
- Glass vessels were first produced in about 1500 BC, when Egyptian craftsmen developed a method for producing glass pots by dipping a core mould of compacted sand into molten glass. (everything2.com)
- The glass-liquid transition , or glass transition , is the gradual and reversible transition in amorphous materials (or in amorphous regions within semicrystalline materials), from a hard and relatively brittle "glassy" state into a viscous or rubbery state as the temperature is increased. (wikipedia.org)
-  An amorphous solid that exhibits a glass transition is called a glass . (wikipedia.org)
- Note 3: In a partially crystalline polymer the glass transition occurs only in the amorphous parts of the material. (wikipedia.org)
- All glasses have some characteristics in common though: they have an amorphous structure and, over a specific temperature range, a certain kind of behaviour that is known as glass transition . (everything2.com)
- The prototypic al oxide glass is amorphous SiO 2 or fused silica .In this material the basic unit consists of a silicon ion surrounded by four oxygen ions in the shape of a tetrahedron . (everything2.com)
- However, the term "glass" is often defined in a broader sense, to describe any non-crystalline (amorphous) solid that exhibits a glass transition when heated towards the liquid state. (wikipedia.org)
- Glass is an amorphous solid. (wikipedia.org)
- As in other amorphous solids, the atomic structure of a glass lacks the long-range periodicity observed in crystalline solids. (wikipedia.org)
- Generally, a glass exists in a structurally metastable state with respect to its crystalline form, although in certain circumstances, for example in atactic polymers, there is no crystalline analogue of the amorphous phase. (wikipedia.org)
- So it is only fitting that the festival would conclude with an equally astute production of "The Glass Menagerie," Williams' personal memory play. (variety.com)
- Creating a dream-like atmosphere, The Glass Menagerie has remained one of Williams' most touching, tender and painful works. (penguin.co.uk)
- The Glass Menagerie is introduced by John Lahr, author of the acclaimed biography Tennessee Williams: Mad Pilgrimage of the Flesh . (penguin.co.uk)
- Technavio's analysts forecast the global bulletproof glass market to grow at a CAGR of 9.48% during the period 2016-2020. (prnewswire.com)
- The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global bulletproof glass market for 2016-2020. (prnewswire.com)
- Technavio's report, Global Bulletproof Glass Market 2016-2020, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. (prnewswire.com)
- On 26 July 2020, a paper titled: Glass table injuries: A silent public health problem was published in the American Journal of Surgery. (freerepublic.com)
- IN THE FILM "Glass: A Portrait of Philip in Twelve Parts," acclaimed documentarian Errol Morris describes the music of Philip Glass, who has scored three of his films, as "existential dread. (nypost.com)
- Kennedy Center Honors Pay Tribute to Hamilton and Musical Legends A Trump-less night celebrating the Hamilton team, Cher, Reba McEntire, Philip Glass, jazz legend Wayne Shorter, and art as a transgressive force. (nymag.com)
- Philip Glass to Score Least Magical Disney Musical Ever The composer has been tapped to score an opera based on a book that portrays Walt Disney as a racist. (nymag.com)
- Paul Simon, Guests Too Tired to Party at BAM Last night at BAM's spring gala, Fabiola Beracasa and our video crew joined Parker Posey, Philip Glass, and Mario Batali at a party that proved even too much for performer Paul Simon. (nymag.com)
- Robert De Niro Opens His Little Red Checkbook for Mao Movie Plus Seth Green, Philip Glass, and "the original MILF hunter," Sigmund Freud. (nymag.com)
- Philip Glass has 7 works online. (moma.org)
- It's a commission from the Philharmonie de Paris and we will play it as part of their Philip Glass weekend in May. (artsjournal.com)
- Tim Page suggested I play some music by Philip Glass. (artsjournal.com)
- In Cleveland, at the Ohio Theatre, they told me Philip Glass just recently played there on the piano I was using. (artsjournal.com)
- 3M™ Glass Bubbles are creating new opportunities for lightweight plastics, oil and gas exploration, and much more. (3m.com)
- In all these ways and more, 3M™ Glass Bubbles are helping a wide range of industrial sectors solve design challenges and reach new levels of performance and productivity. (3m.com)
- And the benefits of 3M glass bubbles go far beyond lightweighting: the inherent properties of these microspheres provide a number of unique performance and processing advantages. (3m.com)
- 3M glass bubbles are supported by our global sales, technical and customer service resources. (3m.com)
- 3M™ Glass Bubbles are intended for industrial applications and manufactured to industrial specifications in conformance with various recognized industrial quality standards. (3m.com)
- 3M Advanced Materials Division (3M) will assess the intended use of 3M™ Glass Bubbles and reserves the right not to sample, sell or supply if 3M determines that it is not in a position to support the intended use of 3M™ Glass Bubbles. (3m.com)
- 3M™ Glass Bubbles S22 are hollow glass spheres with a typical density of 0.22 g/cc and an isostatic crush strength of 400 psi. (3m.com)
- These glass bubbles can be used in a variety of applications including oil and gas drilling and tooling board. (3m.com)
- Like all 3M glass bubbles, our 3M™ Glass Bubbles S22 (PDF, 82.47 Kb) are water and oil resistant, providing better utility in underwater applications. (3m.com)
- For these reasons, 3M glass bubbles are a superior alternative to many conventional fillers and additives such as silica, calcium carbonate, talc and clay. (3m.com)
- The favorable strength-density ratio makes 3M glass bubbles an industry standard additive for syntactic foams used in buoyancy modules, buoys or buoyancy blocks for undersea vehicles. (3m.com)
- When 3M glass bubbles are formulated with resin, the resulting syntactic foam has a high strength-to-density ratio to provide maximum net buoyancy for a given depth rating. (3m.com)
- Soda-lime glass, containing around 70% silica, accounts for around 90% of manufactured glass. (wikipedia.org)
- You can use crushed glass in jewelry, beads, lamps and other glass ornamentations. (ehow.com)
- However, the manufacture of glass objects, initially confined to glass beads, is not thought to have commenced until at least 4000 BC, with finds in Egypt and Eastern Mesopotamia tentatively dated to this period. (everything2.com)
- The earliest known glass objects were beads, perhaps created accidentally during metalworking or the production of faience. (wikipedia.org)
- All the footage you see here was filmed using only Google Glass, Google's latest technology that lets you capture moments from a unique, new perspective. (youtube.com)
- These glasses can use a 4G cell connection to pull in information from Google's mountain of databases and display info about the real world in augmented reality on the lens in front of the eye. (slideshare.net)
- Not everyone agrees, however, and Google's Developer Advocate Tim Bray recently shared his thoughts on Google Glass publicly for the first time. (yahoo.com)
- It has been suggested that Venetian glass be merged into this article. (wikipedia.org)
- Murano glass is glass made on the Venetian island of Murano , which has specialized in fancy glasswares for centuries. (wikipedia.org)
- Murano glass is the largest proportion of Venetian glass . (wikipedia.org)
- Venetian Murano glass chandelier. (wikipedia.org)
- The first Murano glass chandeliers to be produced by Venetian glassmakers date back around the year 1700. (wikipedia.org)
- Born on the island of Murano in 1686 from a family of glassmakers he apparently had the chance to work in a Bohemian glass factory, where he learned the secrets of working the crystal, that at the time was taking over venetian glass leadership on the European market. (wikipedia.org)
- Briati contributed significantly to improve the fortunes of the Venetian glass, which after having experienced a period of success, was heavily decayed. (wikipedia.org)
- Here, the high quality glass which formed the basis of the Venetian trading empire was guarded with such jealousy that the traditional punishment for a glassblower revealing the secrets of his trade was death . (everything2.com)
- Ju'beh notes that an alternate theory assigns today's techniques to the Venetian glass tradition and that still other researchers claim they were already extant at the time of the Crusades and were carried back to Europe from Hebron, possibly originating in Syria. (wikipedia.org)
- Murano's glassmakers led Europe for centuries, developing or refining many technologies including crystalline glass , enamelled glass (smalto), golden glass ( goldstone ), multicolored glass ( millefiori ), milk glass (lattimo), and imitation gemstones made of glass. (wikipedia.org)
- Other materials, such as many polymers , lack a well defined crystalline state and easily form glasses, even upon very slow cooling or compression. (wikipedia.org)
- The most sumptuous of them consisted of a metal frame covered with small elements in blown glass, transparent or colored, with decorations of flowers, fruits and leaves, while simpler model had arms made with a unique piece of glass. (wikipedia.org)
- A sample of glass is made by heating a mixture of lead oxide, zinc oxide and boric acid strongly until it melts. (rsc.org)
- This recipe for making a glass uses several toxic and harmful chemicals, so quantities for student access should be minimised as indicated above, and made available to each working group if possible in small snap-lid plastic sample pots or similar containers. (rsc.org)
- With all the publicity - both positive and negative - garnered by Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) Glass, it only made sense the company would find a way to make the device's limited exposure less limited. (benzinga.com)
- He is now developing a unique collection of luxury blown and hand-made glass which is fast gaining admirers in the Czech Republic and Paris, as well as in several other countries, including the USA. (freewebs.com)
- The company has made significant technical advances and assembled a world-class team to bring high-quality, affordable Dynamic Glass to market. (zdnet.com)
- Once your score is made, hold the glass with one thumb and forefinger on each side of the score, wrists away from the glass. (makezine.com)
- Archaeologist s studying the neolithic period (c. 9000 BC) have demonstrated that cutting tools made of obsidian , a dark-coloured glass of volcanic origin, may have been used widely. (everything2.com)
- Lobby floors made of solid glass, over 340 contemporary urban residences with 10-foot floor-to-ceiling glass windows, chrome plated fixtures, and exposed concrete surfaces. (prweb.com)
- Juhl Las Vegas will feature over 9,000 sqft of retail space, Lobby floors made of sparkling glass, pools and spas, and a two-story cutting-edge fitness center. (prweb.com)
- Here is one idea for a quick, delicious breakfast made in a blender and ''eaten'' from a glass. (csmonitor.com)
- Some objects, such as drinking glasses and eyeglasses, are so commonly made of silicate-based glass that they are simply called by the name of the material. (wikipedia.org)
- Stained glass windows made of Hebron glass dating to the 12th century are found in the Ibrahimi Mosque, which served as a church during the Crusader era in Palestine. (wikipedia.org)
- for at this place glass is made, not clear glass, but black, and of the colors between dark and light. (wikipedia.org)
- for at this place glass is made, not clear glass, but black, and of the colours between dark and light. (wikipedia.org)
- The reverse transition, achieved by supercooling a viscous liquid into the glass state, is called vitrification . (wikipedia.org)
- The glass-transition temperature T g of a material characterizes the range of temperatures over which this glass transition occurs. (wikipedia.org)
- Hard plastics like polystyrene and poly(methyl methacrylate) are used well below their glass transition temperatures, i.e., when they are in their glassy state. (wikipedia.org)
- Upon cooling or heating through this glass-transition range, the material also exhibits a smooth step in the thermal-expansion coefficient and in the specific heat , with the location of these effects again being dependent on the history of the material. (wikipedia.org)
-  The question of whether some phase transition underlies the glass transition is a matter of continuing research. (wikipedia.org)
- glass transition (in polymer science): Process in which a polymer melt changes on cooling to a polymer glass or a polymer glass changes on heating to a polymer melt. (wikipedia.org)
- Note 1: Phenomena occurring at the glass transition of polymers are still subject to ongoing scientific investigation and debate. (wikipedia.org)
- The glass transition presents features of a second-order transition since thermal studies often indicate that the molar Gibbs energies, molar enthalpies, and the molar volumes of the two phases, i.e., the melt and the glass, are equal, while the heat capacity and the expansivity are discontinuous. (wikipedia.org)
- However, the glass transition is generally not regarded as a thermodynamic transition in view of the inherent difficulty in reaching equilibrium in a polymer glass or in a polymer melt at temperatures close to the glass-transition temperature. (wikipedia.org)
- Note 2: In the case of polymers, conformational changes of segments, typically consisting of 10-20 main-chain atoms, become infinitely slow below the glass transition temperature. (wikipedia.org)
- Note 5: The commonly used term "glass-rubber transition" for glass transition is not recommended. (wikipedia.org)
- The glass transition of a liquid to a solid-like state may occur with either cooling or compression. (wikipedia.org)
- In many materials that normally undergo a freezing transition, rapid cooling will avoid this phase transition and instead result in a glass transition at some lower temperature. (wikipedia.org)
- The glass formed can be coloured by adding traces of various transition metal oxides. (rsc.org)
- The deepest and most interesting unsolved problem in solid state theory is probably the theory of the nature of glass and the glass transition. (wikipedia.org)
- Glass is sometimes considered to be a liquid due to its lack of a first-order phase transition where certain thermodynamic variables such as volume, entropy and enthalpy are discontinuous through the glass transition range. (wikipedia.org)
- The glass transition may be described as analogous to a second-order phase transition where the intensive thermodynamic variables such as the thermal expansivity and heat capacity are discontinuous. (wikipedia.org)
- Nonetheless, the equilibrium theory of phase transformations does not entirely hold for glass, and hence the glass transition cannot be classed as one of the classical equilibrium phase transformations in solids. (wikipedia.org)
- Corning Display Technologies manufactures glass substrates for organic light-emitting diode (OLED) and liquid crystal display (LCDs) applications. (corning.com)
- With proprietary fiber laser and system design, the machine can drill glass substrates with thickness from 50µm to 10mm with hole size 50µm to 90mm in diameter. (prnewswire.com)
- The standard definition of a glass (or vitreous solid) is a solid formed by rapid melt quenching. (wikipedia.org)
- The result is that Glass weighs only 42 grams, and since the titanium headband distributes that weight across my cranium, the "nose weight" is similar to that of my ultralight 14-gram rimless eyeglasses. (technologyreview.com)
- Apr 24, 2021 · Noah Glass is probably the bigggest example. (yahoo.com)
- One of the things that makes SAGE worth special attention is the $80 million strategic investment it received in late 2010 by Saint-Gobain , one of the world's largest glass and construction material manufacturers. (zdnet.com)
- KATMANDU, Nepal (AP) - It's the world's highest glass ceiling. (yahoo.com)
- Today, the artisans of Murano are still employing these centuries-old techniques, crafting everything from contemporary art glass and glass figurines to Murano glass chandeliers and wine stoppers , as well as tourist souvenirs. (wikipedia.org)
- Today, Murano is home to a vast number of factories and a few individual artists' studios making all manner of glass objects from mass marketed stemware to original sculpture . (wikipedia.org)
- Murano glass is similar to the 1st-century BC Greek glasses found in the shipwreck of Antikythera [ citation needed ] . (wikipedia.org)
- Murano glass was produced in great quantities in the 1950s and 1960s for export and for tourists. (wikipedia.org)
- In the 18th century Murano glassmakers started to introduce new products such as glass mirrors and chandeliers to their production. (wikipedia.org)
- For centuries, the pre-eminent glass producing area in the world was the island of Murano . (everything2.com)
- Glass is a small, lightweight wearable computer with a transparent display for hands-free work. (google.es)
- Obsidian is a common volcanic glass with high silica (SiO2) content formed when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly. (wikipedia.org)
- Another prestigious client was the French company Christofle, for whom Petr Vadura has designed two vases and a collection of table glass. (freewebs.com)
- There are since many works arising from this working relationship with the famous Czech mark Moser : two sets of drinking glasses (Vera 2005 and Atlantic 2008) and many vases including uniques pieces. (freewebs.com)
- Mexican designer Moisés Hernández has grouped together glass cylinders to create these vases, which are intended to hold a single flower within each compartment. (dezeen.com)
- Due to its ease of formability into any shape, glass has been traditionally used for vessels, such as bowls, vases, bottles, jars and drinking glasses. (wikipedia.org)
- Glass has always been present on Earth , formed whenever certain silicon -containing rocks melt due to phenomena such as volcanic eruption s, lightning strike s or the impact of meteorite s, and then cool rapidly, solidifying in the process. (everything2.com)
- some glasses such as volcanic glass are naturally occurring. (wikipedia.org)
- Glass can form naturally from volcanic magma. (wikipedia.org)
- Glass produced by these factories were typically functional items including drinking and eating vessels, as well as olive oil and later petrol-based lamps, although the factories also produced jewellery and accessories. (wikipedia.org)
- Bedouins of the Negev (Naqab), the Arabian Desert, and Sinai were the primary purchasers of jewellery, but large exports of expensive Hebron glass items were sent by guarded camel caravans to Egypt, Syria, and the Transjordan. (wikipedia.org)
- Physicists have been obsessed with these 'unbreakable' glass drops since the 1600s. (freerepublic.com)
- Google glass is a research and development program by Google to develop an augmented reality Head-Mounted Display (HMD). (slideshare.net)
- 2. What is Google Glass? (slideshare.net)
- Can Google Glass Read Your Mind? (benzinga.com)
- Despite controversy surrounding Google Glass and privacy, one area of potential use is set to explode. (benzinga.com)
- Can This Simple Program Stop Google Glass In Its Tracks? (benzinga.com)
- Google Glass is a big deal. (yahoo.com)
- Bray says that despite his own take on Google Glass, he is unsure of whether or not the device will succeed. (yahoo.com)
- Is Google Glass Obsolete? (informationweek.com)
- Google Glass 2 will be a lot richer. (informationweek.com)
- An Indy 500 driver who wants to know the temperature of his tires but doesn't want to stop to get out and touch them might find Google Glass displaying info. (informationweek.com)
- Or a manufacturing manager, trying to keep his eye on 12 gauges at once, would be happy to have them flash in succession through his Google Glass screen. (informationweek.com)
- There are countless applications for a device like Google Glass. (informationweek.com)
- But did i miss something about Google Glass being a killer app for texting? (informationweek.com)
- Google Glass shares much of its electronics and software with the smartphone, but it's a very different machine. (technologyreview.com)
- The Google Glass Explorer Edition SDK is deprecated. (google.com)
- If you're interested in developing Glass solutions for enterprise clients, visit the Google Glass Enterprise Edition developer documentation . (google.com)
- Chemical strengthening is a new technique that supplements thermal strengthening because it can be used for very thin glass and complex shapes. (sae.org)
- Modern and yet timeless, this collection sees Petr Vadura employing traditional glass-blowing methods and old glass technics in an original way whilst creating contemporary shapes with new optical effects. (freewebs.com)
- Most kinds of glass that are in daily use (the kinds that you drink your beer out of, the kind that you look through when you look outside and the kind that is used in laboratory glassware ), are oxide glasses. (everything2.com)
- This kind of structure is characteristic of oxide glasses, although the shape of the basic unit may vary. (everything2.com)
- Traditionally, the glass was melted using local raw materials, including sand from neighbouring villages, sodium carbonate (from the Dead Sea), and coloring additives such as iron oxide and copper oxide. (wikipedia.org)
- Meanwhile, Bohemian glassmakers produced a ruby shade using copper, and glassware flashed with a thin ruby-glass casing became a characteristic 19th-century Bohemian product. (britannica.com)
- The refractive, reflective and transmission properties of glass make glass suitable for manufacturing optical lenses, prisms, and optoelectronics materials. (wikipedia.org)
- Crushed glass is easy to make, and you can use it for hundreds of projects ranging from art to home decor. (ehow.com)
- After use, the crucibles used to make this glass should be immersed in 1 M dilute nitric(V) acid (CORROSIVE) for cleaning. (rsc.org)
- I do Q&A's after concerts, and a very kind question would have been, 'Mr. Glass, I've been listening to your music, and I can't make heads or tails out of it. (nypost.com)
- Always wear safety glasses and make sure your glass cutter is sharp. (makezine.com)
- Well, this twisty glass blunt will make smoking convenient and more rewarding. (issuu.com)
- It is super easy to make your own homemade auto glass cleaner using a few household items. (ehow.com)
- This glass cleaner is fast-drying and will make your car's windows sparkle. (ehow.com)
- Between 1345 and 1350, Franciscan friar Niccolò da Poggibonsi noted that "they make great works of art in glass. (wikipedia.org)
- Well known for glass production throughout the Arab world, Western travellers to Palestine in the 18th and 19th century provided descriptions of the Hebron glass industry as well. (wikipedia.org)
- One major hallmark of that facility will be its ability to produce larger panes of the smart glass than currently possible, says SAGE Chief Marketing Officer Jim Wilson. (zdnet.com)
- Laura hides at home lacking the confidence to engage meaningfully with the outside world, preferring instead to lose herself in her collection of fragile glass animals. (penguin.co.uk)
- Finely ground frit works as a pigment in colored art glass and glass fusing. (ehow.com)
- Egg / linseed oil emulsion Ground for canvas and panels I Egg Raw linseed oil Water Titanium white (or other) pigment Rabbit skin glue solution (1:30, glue to water) Sized panel (1:15 solution) or sized linen (1:30 solution) Break the egg into a glass jar and shake. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Chalk ground for panels 3 parts whiting 1 part Titanium white pigment (Optional) 3 parts glue size (1: 15 water) Sized panel (1:15 solution) On a glass slab form a well in the centre of the whiting and add the glue size, gradually folding in the powder and work with a palette knife until a firm but glossy paste is formed. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Only a few groups of researchers around the world have attempted to produce glass using additive methods. (freerepublic.com)
- The exhibition is particularly timely as new research, led by the University of Reading, revealed earlier this year that finds at the Abbey provide the earliest archaeological evidence for Anglo-Saxon glass-making in Britain. (baltimoresun.com)
- Archaeological evidence suggests glass-making dates back to at least 3,600 BC in Mesopotamia, Egypt, or Syria. (wikipedia.org)
- The point is that he broke the glass by mistake, and the cork broke it by a miracle, and that broken glass is broken glass, Narrator goes once a week to read to a blind man. (newyorker.com)
- In history these glass chandeliers became popular after the iron, wood and brass era of chandeliers, and they were such a success that instantly brought chandeliers to a new dimension. (wikipedia.org)
- Early-on, we focused on developing electricity-generating coatings which remain transparent and can be applied onto glass surfaces as room temperature. (zdnet.com)
- Laboratory measurements of room temperature glass flow do show a motion consistent with a material viscosity on the order of 1017-1018 Pa s. (wikipedia.org)
- To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the sales of bulletproof security glass widely used worldwide in various end-user applications. (prnewswire.com)
- The addition of a modifier (there are others than Na 2 O, although Na 2 O is widely used), causes the glass network to become 'looser', making processing of the glass easier. (everything2.com)
- Five Star Glass is new to the Texas market, but is proudly managed by widely recognized All Star Glass. (prweb.com)
- plate-glass ) thick fine-quality glass, typically used for doors and store windows and originally cast in plates. (encyclopedia.com)
- When I spoke with Wilson recently, he said smart glass will typically be integrated with smart building system that control a facility's entire climate envelope. (zdnet.com)
- Glass production in Hebron is a family trade, the secrets of which have been preserved and passed down by a few Palestinian families who operate the glass factories located just outside the city. (wikipedia.org)
- Glass Onion è una canzone di John Lennon e Paul McCartney , originariamente pubblicata nel 1968 come terza traccia dell'album The Beatles , noto come White Album . (wikipedia.org)
- The call center is available 24/7 to set up appointments with free mobile service to one's home or office - complete with free glass vacuum and clean up. (prweb.com)
- Glass is a marvel of integration and miniaturization, even though the specs don't seem that impressive. (technologyreview.com)