Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring
An organized and comprehensive program of health care that identifies and reduces a woman's reproductive risks before conception through risk assessment, health promotion, and interventions. Preconception care programs may be designed to include the male partner in providing counseling and educational information in preparation for fatherhood, such as genetic counseling and testing, financial and family planning, etc. This concept is different from PRENATAL CARE, which occurs during pregnancy.
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
A self-governing state of the Windward Islands in the West Indies, comprising Saint Vincent and the northern islets of the Grenadines. Its capital is Kingstown. It is one of the original homes of the Carib Indians supposed to have been sighted by Columbus in 1498. It was in English hands from 1627 till held by the French 1779-83. Saint Vincent subsequently became a British possession and, with other nearby British territories, was administered by the Governor of the Windward Islands till 1959. It attained a measure of independence in 1969 but achieved full independence as Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in 1979. Saint Vincent was the 4th century Spanish martyr on whose feast day Columbus discovered the island. Grenadines is derived from the Spanish kingdom of Granada. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1054 & The Europa World Year Book 1993, p2441)
Fluid propulsion systems driven mechanically, electrically, or osmotically that are used to inject (or infuse) over time agents into a patient or experimental animal; used routinely in hospitals to maintain a patent intravenous line, to administer antineoplastic agents and other drugs in thromboembolism, heart disease, diabetes mellitus (INSULIN INFUSION SYSTEMS is also available), and other disorders.
Cells that line the inner and outer surfaces of the body by forming cellular layers (EPITHELIUM) or masses. Epithelial cells lining the SKIN; the MOUTH; the NOSE; and the ANAL CANAL derive from ectoderm; those lining the RESPIRATORY SYSTEM and the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM derive from endoderm; others (CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM and LYMPHATIC SYSTEM) derive from mesoderm. Epithelial cells can be classified mainly by cell shape and function into squamous, glandular and transitional epithelial cells.
Gene Expression Regulation, Bacterial
INFLAMMATION of the PANCREAS. Pancreatitis is classified as acute unless there are computed tomographic or endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatographic findings of CHRONIC PANCREATITIS (International Symposium on Acute Pancreatitis, Atlanta, 1992). The two most common forms of acute pancreatitis are ALCOHOLIC PANCREATITIS and gallstone pancreatitis.
Carbon-containing phosphoric acid derivatives. Included under this heading are compounds that have CARBON atoms bound to one or more OXYGEN atoms of the P(=O)(O)3 structure. Note that several specific classes of endogenous phosphorus-containing compounds such as NUCLEOTIDES; PHOSPHOLIPIDS; and PHOSPHOPROTEINS are listed elsewhere.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Urinary Bladder, Overactive
Urinary Incontinence, Urge
Urinary Tract Infections
Access to Information
Journal Impact Factor
Ureaplasma urealyticum infection
"In vitro antimicrobial profile of Ureaplasma urealyticum from genital tract of childbearing-aged women in Northern and Southern ... Ureaplasma urealyticum is a type of bacteria that can cause infection of the urinary tract and vagina. It can be passed from ... October 2004). "Maternal genital colonization with Ureaplasma urealyticum promotes preterm delivery: association of the ... and Quantifying Ureaplasma urealyticum and Ureaplasma parvum". J Mol Diagn. 13 (2): 206-12. doi:10.1016/j.jmoldx.2010.10.007. ...
... and Ureaplasma urealyticum. As with other sexual practices, people without sound knowledge about the sexual risks involved are ... such as during intercrural sex or other genital-genital rubbing) and its sperm is deposited near the vagina's entrance and ... or urinary tract) due to bacteria present within the anus; these infections can also result from switching between vaginal sex ... because sperm may be transported to the vaginal opening by the vagina coming in contact with fingers or other non-genital body ...
Other examples of organisms involved are: Ureaplasma urealyticum Anaerobic and aerobic bacteria Salpingitis may be diagnosed by ... although PID lacks an accurate definition and can refer to several diseases of the female upper genital tract, such as ...
Ureaplasma gallorale Ureaplasma loridis Ureaplasma parvum Ureaplasma urealyticum Both Ureaplasma urealyticum and Ureaplasma ... Ljubin-Sternak S, Meštrović T (2014). "Chlamydia trachomatis and Genital Mycoplasmas: Pathogens with an Impact on Human ... parvum have been identified as important human pathogens, causing infection in the urogenital tract and, rarely, at distal ... It includes the species: Ureaplasma canigenitalium Ureaplasma cati Ureaplasma diversum Ureaplasma felinum ...
Acquired maternal infection and subsequent inflammation from Ureaplasma urealyticum is accompanied by a strong immune response ... Most women with HVS genital herpes develop asymptomatic infection during pregnancy. HVS inoculation from mother to fetus has a ... The origin of infectious bacteria and some other pathogens is often the maternal gastrointestinal and genitourinary tract. Many ... In some instances, neonatal respiratory tract diseases may increase the susceptibility to future respiratory infections and ...
Vertically transmitted infection
Ureaplasma urealyticum, and human papillomavirus) S - Syphilis The signs and symptoms of a vertically transmitted infection ... and to the maternal genital tract without the placental barrier intervening. Because of this, blood-borne microorganisms ( ... and normal fauna of the genitourinary tract (e.g., Candida albicans) are among those commonly seen in infection of newborns.[ ... and across the female reproductive tract during childbirth. Transmission is also possible by breaks in the maternal-fetal ...
Infectious Diseases of the Female Genital Tract. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.. *^ a b c Larsen, Bryan; Hwang, Joseph ( ... Xiaolei C, Taot H, Zongli S, Hongying Y (2014). "The role of ureaplasma urealyticum infection in cervical intraepithelial ... Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma species are not part of the normal vaginal flora. Some Mycoplasma species are spread through sexual ... U. urealyticum. The majority of these mycoplasmae have shown a strong correlation to malignant transformation in mammalian ...
Xiaolei C, Taot H, Zongli S, Hongying Y (2014). "The role of ureaplasma urealyticum infection in cervical intraepithelial ... Infectious Diseases of the Female Genital Tract. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009. Larsen, Bryan; Hwang, Joseph (2010). " ... Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma species are not part of the normal vaginal flora. Some Mycoplasma species are spread through sexual ... These species are: M. fermentans M. genitalium M. hyorhinis M. penetrans U. urealyticum The majority of these mycoplasmae have ...
List of bacterial vaginosis microbiota
"Association of viridans group streptococci from pregnant women with bacterial vaginosis and upper genital tract infection". ... Slackia spp Sneathia sanguinegens Streptococcus viridans Tannerella forsythia Treponema denticola Ureaplasma urealyticum ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Larsen, Bryan; Hwang, Joseph (2010). "Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, and Adverse Pregnancy ...
... testing for low genital tract infections than for women who only had testing when they showed symptoms of low genital tract ... Screening for and treatment of Ureaplasma urealyticum, group B streptococcus, Trichomonas vaginalis, and bacterial vaginosis ... Sangkomkamhang US, Lumbiganon P, Prasertcharoensuk W, Laopaiboon M (February 2015). "Antenatal lower genital tract infection ... the review was only based on one study so more research is needed into routine screening for low genital tract infections. Also ...
Kidney stone disease
The embryological link between the urinary tract, the genital system, and the gastrointestinal tract is the basis of the ... less common organisms include Ureaplasma urealyticum and some species of Providencia, Klebsiella, Serratia, and Enterobacter. ... Urinary tract calculi disorders are more common in men than in women. Men most commonly experience their first episode between ... This is perhaps related to the role of calcium in binding ingested oxalate in the gastrointestinal tract. As the amount of ...
... infections in adults caused by Chlamydia trachomatis Psittacosis Nongonococcal urethritis caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum ... infections Respiratory tract infections caused by Haemophilus influenzae Respiratory tract and urinary tract infections caused ... Michael L. Rekart (December 2014). "Doxycycline: "New" treatment of choice for genital chlamydia infections". Archived from the ... It can also be re-absorbed in the renal tubules and gastrointestinal tract due to its high lipophillicity so has a long ...
These include Ureaplasma urealyticum, Mycoplasma hominis, group B streptococci, HIV-1, and syphilis. Infections of Chlamydia ... Lis R, Rowhani-Rahbar A, Manhart LE (August 2015). "Mycoplasma genitalium infection and female reproductive tract disease: a ... PMID 27459445.(review) Acién P, Acién M (January 1, 2016). "The presentation and management of complex female genital ... Some of these risks include endocrine, genetic, uterine, or hormonal abnormalities, reproductive tract infections, and tissue ...
... is an infection by two species in the genus Ureaplasma, Infections caused Ureaplasma urealyticum are more ... Cervical cancer, vulvar cancer & Genital warts (condyloma), Penile cancer, Anal cancer (Human papillomavirus (HPV)) ... Ureaplasma and mycoplasma on cervical cultures does not indicate infidelity or sexual misconduct but infection can be found in ... This infection can also be transmitted vertically from an infected mother to her child before or after birth. Ureaplasma spp ...
Blanchard, A., Razin, S., Kenny, G. E., & Barile, M. F. (1988). "Characteristics of Ureaplasma urealyticum urease". Journal of ... Many species in the genus Mycoplasma are commonly found associated with pelvic or genital region infections including M. ... and was originally designed for growth of parasitic bacteria found in the respiratory tract of cattle; it is now known that ... The family Mycoplastaceae includes the genera Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma. Bacteria in the genus Ureaplasma are known commensals ...
There also needs to be evidence of a prior Group A Streptococcal infection in the upper respiratory tract (as seen in ... Ureaplasma urealyticum *Ureaplasma infection. *Mycoplasma genitalium. *Mycoplasma pneumoniae *Mycoplasma pneumonia. ... fever This is a complication which results 2-6 weeks after a Group A Streptococcal infection of the upper respiratory tract.[13 ...
It may be infectious or non infectious. In infectious conjunctivitis, the organism is transmitted from the genital tract of ... Ureaplasma urealyticum infection. *Omphalitis. *Neonatal sepsis *Group B streptococcal infection. *Neonatal conjunctivitis ... Antenatal measures include thorough care of mother and treatment of genital infections when suspected. ...
List of parasites of humans
female urogenital tract (males asymptomatic) microscopic examination of genital swab worldwide sexually transmitted infection ... Ureaplasma urealyticum *Ureaplasma infection. *Mycoplasma genitalium. *Mycoplasma pneumoniae *Mycoplasma pneumonia. ... Gastrointestinal tract, peritoneum, eye Faeces, parasite itself worldwide ingestion of intermediate hosts ...
"Urinary tract infections during pregnancy". Merck Manual Home Health Handbook. Archived from the original on 10 November 2011. ... Ureaplasma urealyticum infection. *Omphalitis. *Neonatal sepsis *Group B streptococcal infection. *Neonatal conjunctivitis ... Urinary tract infection. *Varicose veins. Common complaint caused by relaxation of the venous smooth muscle and increased ... Genital integrity *Circumcision controversies. *Genital modification and mutilation. *Intersex. Education. *Genetic counseling ...
Human papillomavirus infection
... such as the female genital tract. At this time, HPV test for males are used only in research. ... Ureaplasma infection (Ureaplasma urealyticum). Protozoal. *Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis). Parasitic. *Crab louse/crabs ... Genital warts. HPV infection of the skin in the genital area is the most common sexually transmitted infection worldwide. ... Genital infections. Since cervical and female genital infection by specific HPV types is highly associated with cervical ...
List of infectious diseases
Ureaplasma urealyticum infection Ureaplasma urealyticum Valley fever Coccidioides immitis or Coccidioides posadasii. ... Cervical cancer, vulvar cancer & Genital warts (condyloma), Penile cancer, Anal cancer (Human papillomavirus (HPV)) ...
Kidney stone disease
The embryological link between the urinary tract, the genital system, and the gastrointestinal tract is the basis of the ... less common organisms include Ureaplasma urealyticum, and some species of Providencia, Klebsiella, Serratia, and Enterobacter. ... 2011). Urinary Tract Stone Disease (1st ed.). London: Springer-Verlag. doi:10.1007/978-1-84800-362-0_26. ISBN 978-1-84800-361-3 ... Kidney stone disease, also known as urolithiasis, is when a solid piece of material (kidney stone) occurs in the urinary tract. ...
"Genital Herpes Dating Sites Review , Best Herpes Dating Sites for Genital HSV Singles in 2016". genitalherpesdatingsites.org. ... such as viral upper respiratory tract infection or other febrile diseases, can cause outbreaks. Reactivation due to other ... Ureaplasma infection (Ureaplasma urealyticum). Protozoal. *Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis). Parasitic. *Crab louse. * ... Mertz, G.J. (1993). "Epidemiology of genital herpes infections". Infect Dis Clin North Am. 7 (4): 825-39. PMID 8106731.. ...
Dr. Gabe Mirkin on Health, Fitness and Nutrition. | YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID TO HAVE CASUAL SEX!
Ureaplasma urealyticum induced urinary tract stones in rats. Urological Research 24: 6 (DEC 1996):345-348. ... Silent upper genital tract chlamydial infection and disease in women. International Journal of STD & AIDS 8: 5 (MAY 1997):329- ... If you still have symptoms, you need a thorough evaluation by a physician trained in evaluating urinary tract infections. ... If you still have symptoms, you need a evaluation by a physician trained in evaluating urinary tract infections. ...
... or Ureaplasma urealyticum. Urinary tract infection was defined as a colony-forming units of a uropathogen ,105/ml. ... Specimens from genital tract and urine were systematically analyzed during hospitalization for preterm labor or premature ... Polyhydramnios was defined as an amniotic fluid index ,25 cm (12). Vaginal and urinary tract infections were systematically ... Vaginal infection was defined as a positive genital culture for group B streptococci, Chlamydia trachomatis, ...
Ureaplasma urealyticum biovar specificity and diversity are encoded in multiple-banded antigen gene. | Journal of Clinical...
Ureaplasma urealyticum is a commensal organism of the lower genital tract of females, but in a subpopulation of individuals, it ... Ureaplasma urealyticum biovar specificity and diversity are encoded in multiple-banded antigen gene.. L J Teng, X Zheng, J I ... Ureaplasma urealyticum biovar specificity and diversity are encoded in multiple-banded antigen gene. ... Ureaplasma urealyticum biovar specificity and diversity are encoded in multiple-banded antigen gene. ...
A meta-analysis of ureaplasma urealyticum and chlamydia trachomatis infections with female infertility--《Chinese Journal of...
To systematically evaluate associations between ureaplasma urealyticum(Uu)infection and chlamydia trachomatis(Ct)infection with ... Genital Tract Chlamydia Trachomatis and Ureaplasma Urealyticum Infections of Infertile Women[J];Journal of Southern Yangtze ... The relationship between genital infection of Ureaplasma urealyticum and Chlamydia trachomatis and ectopic pregnancy[J];Journal ... Objective:To systematically evaluate associations between ureaplasma urealyticum(Uu)infection and chlamydia trachomatis(Ct) ...
Prevalence of Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum in pregnant women of Tehran by duplex PCR.
Prevalence of Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum in pregnant women of Tehran by duplex PCR., Shima Javadinia, ... Reducing the frequency of infection in this study can be seen in the presence of social conditions prone to genital tract ... U. Ureaplasma urealyticum. P Value U. Mycoplasma genitalium. P Value. U. Mycoplasma genitalium and U. Ureaplasma urealyticum ( ... The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of Ureaplasma urealyticum (U. urealyticum) and Mycoplasma genitalium (M. ...
Histopathology | Sexually Transmitted Infections
P4-S3.06 Study on early infection of the low genital tract of female mice by different serotypes Ureaplasma urealyticum B Yang ... P2.115 Genital Ulceration: Infection or Autoinflammatory Disease? A Geusau, A Jalili. Sex Transm Infect Jul 2013, 89 (Suppl 1) ... P2.029 All That is Genital is Not Venereal S F Kazi, K Godse, S Patil, N Nadkarni ...
Effect of Genital Sampling Site on the Detection and Quantification of Ureaplasma Species with Quantitative Polymerase Chain...
Articles on the diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted diseases, genital and urinary tract infections, and infections ... Ureaplasma urealyticum (U. urealyticum) or Ureaplasma parvum (U. parvum)) and gives few indications of their quantity. The ... Although considered to be commensal in the female genital tract, the presence of Ureaplasma species (Ureaplasma spp.) during ... formerly named Ureaplasma urealyticum subdivided into different serovars) were often persistent colonizers of the lower genital ...
Association of cervical microbial community with persistence, clearance and negativity of Human Papillomavirus in Korean women:...
... and Ureaplasma urealyticum (mOR = 7.42, 95% CI 1.3-42.46) had the strongest associations with HPV clearance, and Lactobacillus ... Ureaplasma urealyticum (mOR = 7.42, 95% CI 1.3~ 42.5) and Gardnerella vaginalis (mOR = 17.0, 95% CI 2.18-131.8) were more ... and TLR9 play a role in regulating the pro-inflammatory cytokine and anti-viral environments of the lower female genital tract ... eligens and Ureaplasma urealyticum. The clearance effect might be due to the innate immune response (Toll-like receoptors-TLR) ...
Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, and group B beta-hemolytic streptococci are commonly found in the genital tract, ... The effect of genital tract infections on HIV-1 shedding in the genital tract: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sex ... Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of genital herpes simplex virus infection. *Long-term complications of ... Mycoplasma genitalium infection and female reproductive tract disease: a meta-analysis. Clin Infect Dis 2015; 61:418. ...
MEDLINE - Resultado p gina 1
Correlation of chlamydial colonization of the gastrointestinal tract with chlamydial pathogenicity in the upper genital tract ... Ureaplasma urealyticum/isolamento & purifica o. Leveduras/isolamento & purifica o. Adulto Jovem. [Pt] Tipo de publica o:. ... Infec es do Sistema Genital/complica es. Infec es do Sistema Genital/microbiologia. Infec es do Sistema Genital/virologia. ... Both MisR (CpxR) and MisS (CpxA) Are Required for Neisseria gonorrhoeae Infection in a Murine Model of Lower Genital Tract ...
The Prostatitis Foundation - Prostatitis and infertility
Ureaplasma urealyticum and Trichomonas vaginalis. To varying extents, these microorganisms cause such classical genital ... The relevance of these microorganisms for the localization of the inflammatory process within the genital tract are discussed ... Comparison of PCR with culture for detection of Ureaplasma urealyticum in clinical samples from patients with urogenital ... Ureaplasma urealyticum may also play an important aetiological role in male infertility but its significance is confounded by ...
Mycoplasma | LabCorp
... or Ureaplasma urealyticum is the cause of an infection of the genital or urinary tract. M. hominis and U. urealyticum genital ... For example, U. urealyticum is present in the genital tract of about 60% of healthy women and M. hominis is present in about 20 ... Testing of genital samples is not often done because mycoplasmas are frequently part of the normal flora of the genital tract. ... However, if the sample is from the respiratory tract or the genital tract, a positive culture may also mean that the mycoplasma ...
Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases Page 9
... in genital samples of symptomatic patients and to remark the presence of U.urealyticum infections in lower genital tract. ... Ureaplasma urealyticum: thepresence among sexually transmitted diseases.. UREAPLASMA UREALYTICUM: THEPRESENCE AMONG SEXUALLY ... Abstract The urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the most common infections in human, primarily caused by uropathogenic ... Ureaplasma urealyticum, Mycoplasma hominis, and Trichomonas vaginalis ...
Microorganism in Overactive Bladder Patients - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
For example, 48% of patients with chronic voiding symptoms showed positive cultures for Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma ... Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. Urological Manifestations. Signs and Symptoms. Doxycycline. Anti-Bacterial Agents. Anti-Infective ... such as genital mycoplasma, may be associated with OAB symptoms. ... Positive for one of Mycoplasma homonis, Ureaplasma Urealyticum ... Detection and Treatment Benefit of Microorganism (Chlamydia Trachomatis, Mycoplasma Hominis, Ureaplasma Urealyticum) in ...
An immunocompromised woman in her twenties with abdominal pain and vaginal discharge | Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening
The genus Ureaplasma belongs to the Mycoplasmataceae family, and can cause various types of infections including genital tract ... U. urealyticum has not been shown to cause respiratory tract infections in adults, but can cause lung disease in neonates (9). ... The microbe Ureaplasma urealyticum was detected in ovarian pus. Treatment with doxycycline resulted in full recovery. ... Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an acute or chronic infection of the upper genital tract, which can lead to endometritis, ...
The Role of Polymorphonuclear Leukocyte Counts from Urethra, Cervix, and Vaginal Wet Mount in Diagnosis of Nongonococcal Lower...
Articles on the diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted diseases, genital and urinary tract infections, and infections ... Ureaplasma urealyticum (Uu), Ureaplasma parvum (Up), and Trichomonas vaginalis (Tv) was taken with the same swab from the ... Lower genital tract infection (LGTI) is a broad definition that includes clinical and microscopic cervicitis, purulent vaginal ... J. F. Peipert, R. B. Ness, D. E. Soper, and D. Bass, "Association of lower genital tract inflammation with objective evidence ...
Ureaplasma urealyticum. Ureaplasma urealyticum is considered to be a commensal organism in the lower genital tract of sexually- ... Also, M. fermentans organisms have been isolated from the human urogenital tract and are suspected of invading host tissues ... The occurrence of various mycoplasma and ureaplasma species in joint tissues of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and other ... active women and has been found at a colonization rate of 40 to 80%. In some colonized pregnant women, ureaplasmas have been ...
Symptomatic urethritis is more prevalent in men infected with Mycoplasma genitalium than with Chlamydia trachomatis | Sexually...
Horner P, Thomas B, Gilroy CB, et al. Role of Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum in acute and chronic ... thus indicating that this bacterium is a pathogen of the genital tract.3,6,13 The role of C trachomatis and Neisseria ... which was also the case for C trachomatis but not for Ureaplasma urealyticum, where the same prevalence (26% v 22%) was found ... the role of Ureaplasma urealyticum appears to be less clearly defined.7,18,19 ...
Co-infection Of Ureaplasma urealyticum And Human Papilloma Virus In Asymptomatic Sexually Active Individuals
Epidemiological investigation of the relationship between common lower genital tract infections and high-risk human ... Ureaplasma urealyticum and Ureaplasma parvum in women of reproductive age. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2014;289:407-12 ... Xie X, Zhang J. Trends in the rates of resistance of Ureaplasma urealyticum to antibiotics and identification of the mutation ... Cytological Features Associated with Ureaplasma Urealyticum in Pap Cervical Smear. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2017;18:2239-42 ...
Plasma cell endometritis in women with symptomatic bacterial vaginosis | RTI
... microbiology and histopathology in women with symptomatic bacterial vaginosis but no signs or symptoms of upper genital tract ... and Ureaplasma urealyticum. RESULTS: Ten of 22 women with bacterial vaginosis had plasma cell endometritis, compared with one ... but with neither signs nor symptoms of upper genital tract infection, were compared with 19 women who had no evidence of ... microbiology and histopathology in women with symptomatic bacterial vaginosis but no signs or symptoms of upper genital tract ...
WHO EMRO | Incidence of anti-zona pellucida and anti-sperm antibodies among infertile Jordanian women and its relation to...
The mycoplasmas Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis are common inhabitants of the female lower genital tract, with ... While the association of fertility with genital tract colonization by Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma spp. has been extensively ... Genital tract infection is considered a non-specific immune activator leading to the immune response. This concept might be ... Incidence of Ureaplasma urealyticum infection in women attending a clinic for sexually transmitted disease. Journal of ...
Pyospermia in Men Seeking Assisted Reproduction Technology
Micro-organisms that have been detected as causative agents in male genital tract infection include Escherichia coli or E. coli ... Klebsiella pneumonia, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Proteus mirabilis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Mycoplasma ... Approximately 4% - 10% cases of male infertility are caused by infections of the genital tract and inflammation process from ... Askienazy-Elbhar, M. (2005) Male Genital Tract Infection: The Point of View of the Bacteriologist. Gynécologie Obstétrique & ...
Clinical immunology Interleukin 6 and interleukin 8 concentrations in seminal plasma of male with seminogram abnormalities
... subfertile men are not indicative of the presence of Ureaplasma urealyticum or Mycoplasma hominis in the lower genital tract. J ... 2003): Male genital tract inflammation; the role of selected interleukins in regulation of pro-oxidant and antioxidant ... seem to play an important role in inflammatory processes in male genital tract. Interleukin 6 is believed to be one of the ... Role of granulocyte elastase and interleukin-6 in the diagnosis of male genital tract inflammation. Androl 37: 188-194. 17. ...
Screening For Sexually Transmitted Diseases - FV Hospital
Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis are primarily associated with genital tract colonisation and disease in adults ... and respiratory tract colonization and disease in newborns. The test performed is for identifying these organisms in a genital ... Positive results for Ureaplasma and/ or Mycoplasma will include susceptibility test results to help guide the doctor on ... When you have symptoms of infection; in women this could be a foul-smelling vaginal discharge, genital itching, or pain during ...
Urethritis and Cervicitis - STI Treatment Guidelines
No specific evidence exists for a role for Ureaplasma parvum or Ureaplasma urealyticum in cervicitis (707,761,765,775,776). ... Because cervicitis might be a sign of upper genital tract infection (e.g., endometritis), women should be assessed for signs of ... Testing for U. parvum, U. urealyticum, Mycoplasma hominis, or genital culture for group B streptococcus is not recommended. ... Trichomoniasis, genital herpes (especially primary HSV-2 infection), or M. genitalium (761,765-768) also have been associated ...
Mycoplasma - Lab Tests Online AU
Mycoplasma testing is primarily used to help determine if Mycoplasma pneumoniae is the cause of a respiratory tract infection. ... Mycoplasma genitalium or Ureaplasma urealyticum is the cause of an infection of the genital or urinary tract. M. hominis and U ... For example, U. urealyticum is present in the genital tract of about 60 per cent of healthy women and M. hominis is present in ... Testing of genital samples is not often done because mycoplasmas are frequently part of the normal flora of the genital tract. ...
Polyarthritis | definition of polyarthritis by Medical dictionary
Molecular characterisation of Mycoplasma species isolated from the genital tract of Dorper sheep in South Africa
... using 16S rRNA gene sequences distinguishes the two biovars of Ureaplasma urealyticum, Journal of Clinical Microbiology 13, ... Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma and Acholeplasma spp. have been isolated from the urogenital tract and organs of healthy sheep and from ... Rana, J.S., Gupta, P.P. & Banga, H.S., 1993, Pathology of the genital tract of goats experimentally infected with Mycoplasma ... Thirty-four Mycoplasma strains isolated from swabs and scrapings taken from the genital tract of Dorper sheep with clinical ...
Interaction between Pathogenic Bacteria and Intrauterine Leukocytes Triggers Alternative Molecular Signaling Cascades Leading...
Possible role of Ureaplasma urealyticum in preterm premature rupture of the fetal membranes. Pediatr. Infect. Dis.5:S253-S257. ... Bacteria colonizing the lower genital tract may ascend to the gestational tissues, triggering an inflammatory response mediated ... Localization of endogenous activity of phospholipases A and C in Ureaplasma urealyticum. J. Clin. Microbiol.29:1498-1503. ... Ureaplasma urealyticum modulates endotoxin-induced cytokine release by human monocytes derived from preterm and term newborns ...
HominisMycoplasmasInfectionsGenitaliumColonization with Ureaplasma urealyticumUrethritisBacteriaPathogensSpeciesBacterialGenitourinary tractTrichomonasUpper female genitTrachomatisSymptomsMicroorganismsAsymptomaticPregnancyIsolatesAssociated with genital tract infectionInfertilityNeisseriaHerpesOrganismsPathogenDetectionFound in the genitourinaryPrematureParvum serovar 3 strInflammationInflammatorySpecimensUlcersUrinary tract infGardnerellaMale and female genRespiratory tractSerovarsPretermBiovarSexually transmittedCommensal organismHuman papillomavirusVaginal dischargeUrine
- Mycoplasma hominis , Ureaplasma urealyticum , and group B beta-hemolytic streptococci are commonly found in the genital tract, but there is little evidence that they cause cervicitis [ 11,12 ]. (uptodate.com)
- Occasionally, testing may be used to determine if Mycoplasma hominis , Mycoplasma genitalium, or Ureaplasma urealyticum is the cause of an infection of the genital or urinary tract. (labcorp.com)
- M. hominis and U. urealyticum genital samples are typically tested using a culture method that takes several days to recover the microorganisms, but M. genitalium , which can take 1-2 months to grow, may be more reliably detected with DNA testing. (labcorp.com)
- Percentage of positive cultures for M. hominis, U. urealyticum and C. trachomatis in women with OAB symptoms. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- For example, 48% of patients with chronic voiding symptoms showed positive cultures for Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Another evidence for mycoplasmal involvement in OAB symptoms derives from the improvements in symptoms in more than two-thirds of patients complaining of persistent frequency and urgency after the use of doxycyline which is effective against U. urealyticum, M. hominis and Chlamydia trachomatis. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- This study aimed to determine the role of asymptomatic bacterial sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as Chlamydia trachomatis ( Ct ), Mycoplasma genitalium ( Mg ), Mycoplasma hominis (Mh) , and Ureaplasma urealyticum ( Uu ) in human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. (medsci.org)
- Using polymerase chain reaction Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum were detected in cervical secretions of 19.2% and 13.7% of infertile women, and the presence of mycoplasma was significantly correlated with the presence of AZP-Ab and ASA. (who.int)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis are primarily associated with genital tract colonisation and disease in adults and respiratory tract colonization and disease in newborns. (fvhospital.com)
- Mycoplasma hominis , Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum (a closely related group of microorganisms) infections are less common than those seen with M. pneumoniae . (labtestsonline.org.au)
- M. hominis and U. urealyticum can be passed from mother to baby during birth when the baby passes through an infected birth canal. (labtestsonline.org.au)
- A variety of microorganisms have been isolated from the placenta, amniotic fluid and chorioamnion cultures, with Fusobacterium nucleatum , Ureaplasma urealyticum , Mycoplasma hominis , and Bacteroides urealyticus being the most prevalent species ( 2 , 10 , 21 , 22 ). (asm.org)
- Among these, U. urealyticum , M. hominis , and B. urealyticus are opportunistic pathogens indigenous to the female lower genital tract and often associated with bacterial vaginosis, which is recognized as a risk factor for preterm birth ( 3 , 10 , 23 ). (asm.org)
- It is believed that U. urealyticum , M. hominis , B. urealyticus , and certain other species commonly found in the lower genital tract are transmitted to the uterus through the ascending route to infect the fetoplacental unit. (asm.org)
- Can I be tested for Trich, mycoplasma genit and hominis, ureaplasma urealyticum? (healthtap.com)
- If I test positive for mycoplasma hominis or ureaplasma and we treat it right away will my baby be in danger? (healthtap.com)
- In addition, cytomegalovirus (CMV), Mycoplasma hominis , Mycoplasma genitalium , and Ureaplasma urealyticum might be associated with some cases of PID. (bmj.com)
- In 154 men with nonchlamydial nongonococcal urethritis, M genitalium (22.7%), M hominis (5.8%), U parvum (9.1%), U urealyticum (19.5%), H influenzae (14.3%), N meningitidis (3.9%), T vaginalis (1.3%), human adenovirus (16.2%), and herpes simplex virus types 1 (7.1%) and 2 (2.6%) were detected. (medscape.com)
- In addition, we evaluated that participates in the etiology of some infer- the presence of different genital pathogens, tility disorders, including polycystic ovarian in particular M. hominis and U. urealyticum , failure [ 2 ]. (who.int)
- Mycoplasma hominis , Mycoplasma geni-talium, and Ureaplasma urealyticum , commonly found in the urinary and genital tracts, have also been found to cause human disease [ 14 ]. (selfhacked.com)
- Specimens were screened with the Mycofast Revolution assay for the presence of Ureaplasma species and Mycoplasma hominis . (biomedcentral.com)
- while 39.7% (29/73) of Ureaplasma positive specimens were also positive for M. hominis . (biomedcentral.com)
- Mixed isolates ( Ureaplasma species and M. hominis ) were highly resistant to erythromycin and tetracycline (both 97% resistance). (biomedcentral.com)
- Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma spp. (biomedcentral.com)
- 2 , 3 Cytomegalovirus, Mycoplasma hominis , Mycoplasma genitalium , and Ureaplasma urealyticum have also been implicated as causative agents. (questdiagnostics.com)
- The role of Mycoplasma hominis and M. genitalium in urogenital tract infections remains unknown. (biomedcentral.com)
- Increased levels of IL-1β were associated with the presence of M. hominis and signs and/or symptoms of the genital infection of women studied. (biomedcentral.com)
- Therefore, the aim of this study was to detect M. hominis and M. genitalium and measure pro-inflammatory cytokines in a group of women with or without genital signs and/or symptoms of genital infection. (biomedcentral.com)
- Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum are the most common isolates from the genital tract. (pdfdrug.com)
- RIDA®GENE STI Mycoplasma Panel is a real-time PCR for the direct, qualitative detection of Mycoplasma hominis , Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum/parvum from human genital swabs and urine. (r-biopharm.com)
- Mycoplasma hominis ( M. hominis ) mainly colonizes the genital tract of sexually active men and women, however most of the M. hominis described infections have been diagnosed in woman. (r-biopharm.com)
- Ureaplasma and M. hominis have been associated with bacteremia, pneumonia and meningoencephalitis in neonates. (bumrungrad.com)
- Using prostate secretions culture, out of the first 25 samples, 7 samples (28%) were infected by Mycoplasma hominis and 9 samples (36%) were infected by Ureaplasma urealyticum . (transresurology.com)
- using VB1 culture it was analyzed that 6 samples (24%) were infected by Mycoplasma hominis and 8 samples (32%) were infected by Ureaplasma urealyticum . (transresurology.com)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum , U. parvum , and M. hominis are commensal organisms in the lower genital tract in many sexually active adults. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- M. hominis and Ureaplasma spp. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- and Mycoplasma hominis are microorganisms that reside, as commensals, in the lower urogenital tract but can be responsible for urogenital infections . (emynet.eu)
- M. hominis is an agent of endometritis and salpingitis in women, and Ureaplasma spp. (emynet.eu)
- Only a very few cases of acquired resistance to macrolides have been reported for clinical isolates of M. hominis and Ureaplasma spp. (emynet.eu)
- Of the 9 species that have been isolated from the urogenital tract, Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis are the most commonly found. (bayouni.com)
- hominis were isolated from the lower genital tract. (symptoma.com)
- Genital mycoplasmas , Ureaplasma urealyticum or Mycoplasma hominis , were isolated from the placentas and the fetal tissues, and from the genital tracts of the mothers. (symptoma.com)
- Mycoplasma hominis These bacteria live in the urinary tract and genitals of about half of all women and fewer men. (symptoma.com)
- AIM: Ureaplasma parvum, Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis are also known as genital mycoplasmas . (symptoma.com)
- Bacteria such as ureaplasma and mycoplasma hominis are commonly found in the lower genital tract of most women. (symptoma.com)
- Antibodies to Mycoplasma hominis in patients with genital infections and in healthy controls.Br. (symptoma.com)
- It is not clear which species more predominantly causes infection M. hominis and the ureaplasmas appear to be opportunists when they infect the upper genitourinary tract. (specialtylabs.com)
- The objectives of the study were to determine the prevalence of Ureaplasma urealyticum (UU), Mycoplasma hominis (MH), Mycoplasma genitalium (MG), and CT in patients with genital tract infections. (who.int)
- 2. Ahmadi M, Amir Mozaffari N, Kazemi B, Sedighi Gilani M, Masjedian Jazi F. Detection of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in semen of infertile men referred to Royan Institute by PCR method in 2010. (ac.ir)
- 3. AL-Daghistani HI, Abdel-Dayem M. Clinical significance of asymptomatic urogenital Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in relation to seminal fluid parameters among infertile Jordanian males. (ac.ir)
- 9. Bayraktar MR, Ozerol IH, Gucluer N, Celik O. Prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in pregnant women. (ac.ir)
- Mycoplasma culture is done by using a commercial kit (Mycoplasma IES (AutoBio Diagnostics, China) detecting Mycoplasma hominis and U. urealyticum and antibiotic susceptibility, simultaneously. (jcog.com.tr)
- HPV and U. urealyticum, HPV and M. hominis coinsidence were found as 43.1% and 1.5%, respectively. (jcog.com.tr)
- Is genital colonization with Mycoplasma hominis or Ureaplasma urealyticum associated with prematurity/low birth weight? (effaustin.org)
- Doxycycline is the treatment of choice for M. hominis and U. urealyticum.Duration and dose vary by site of infection, and are usually incombination with other antibiotics. (psychiatryadvisor.com)
- In adults, colonization with M. hominis, M. genitalium and U. urealyticum is associated with sexual activity. (psychiatryadvisor.com)
- The two related genera of bacteria, Mycoplasma (M. hominis, M. genitalium) and Ureaplasma ( U. urealyticum , U. parvum), can frequently be detected in the urogenital tract of sexually active men and women. (euroimmunblog.com)
- M. pneumoniae is known to cause primary atypical pneumonia or "walking pneumonia", whereas M. hominis , M. genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum are important colonizers and potential pathogens of the human genital tract. (hardydiagnostics.com)
- A variety of microorganisms have been cultivated from amniotic fluid (AF) in pregnancies complicated by PTB, with Ureaplasma urealyticum, Mycoplasma hominis, Fusobacterium nucleatum, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Bacteroides spp. (docplayer.net)
- 3. Serin MS, Evruke C, Kibar F, Koksal F. Comprison of PCR and Cultivation Methods to Determine the Incidence of Infection Due to Mycoplasma hominis and Mycoplasma Fermentans in Women Genithourinary Tract. (ac.ir)
- 9. Mosavian M, Motamedi H, Maleki S. A comparison of mycoplasma hominis and ureaplasma urealyticum in women with urogenital infection using multiplex PCR and culture methods. (ac.ir)
- Culturing and PCR Methods for Detection of Mycoplasma Hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in Women with Genitourinary Tract Infections. (ac.ir)
- They are highly pleomorphic parasites of humans and the absence of a cell wall has been used to distinguish mycoplasma and to place them taxonomically in the class Mollicutes.Mycoplasmas are not generally viewed as being highly virulent, although they usually manifest a predilection for particular host tissues, such as the urogenital or respiratory tracts. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Mycoplasmas may be part of the normal flora found in the throat, upper respiratory tract and genitourinary tract. (labtestsonline.org.au)
- Genital mycoplasmas colonise up to 80% of sexually mature women and may invade the amniotic cavity during pregnancy and cause complications. (biomedcentral.com)
- The purpose of this study was to investigate antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of genital mycoplasmas in pregnant women. (biomedcentral.com)
- To prevent complications in pregnant women, the foetus and the neonate, routine screening for the presence of genital mycoplasmas is recommended. (biomedcentral.com)
- The pathogenesis of genital mycoplasmas is still poorly understood. (biomedcentral.com)
- Although most genital mycoplasmas are cultured in a specific culture media, M. genitalium is quite fastidious. (biomedcentral.com)
- and to assess whether colonization of the genital tract of pregnant women by genital mycoplasmas or Chlamydia trachomatis is a risk factor for histologic chorioamnionitis. (bvsalud.org)
- A total of 268 women with singleton pregnancies of over 26 weeks gestation were subjected to high vaginal cultures of genital mycoplasmas and endocervical specimens for chlamydia antigen. (bvsalud.org)
- The session on mycoplasmas in the human urogenital tracts was held in conjunction with the Israel Society for the Study and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Disease. (springer.com)
- Mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas are the smallest free-living microorganisms. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- Readers interested in an in-depth discussion of the taxonomy, disease associations, and biological characteristics of mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas of humans are referred to other reference texts  for more detailed information on these aspects of human mycoplasmas. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- Mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas can be important pathogens in individuals with immunodeficiencies and in other immunosuppressed persons such as organ transplant recipients. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- Along with ureaplasmas, mycoplasmas are the smallest free-living organisms known. (symptoma.com)
- Real-time quantitative PCR for 16S rDNA and PCR for genital mycoplasmas were also conducted. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity (MIAC) is defined as a "positive amniotic fluid culture for bacteria or genital mycoplasmas . (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- 1 Genital mycoplasmas (and in particular, Ureaplasma urealyticum ), Streptococcus agalactiae , as well as other Gram-positive and -negative aerobic and anaerobic organisms have been implicated in MIAC which, in turn, elicits a robust intra-amniotic inflammatory response and acute histologic chorioamnionitis. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Limited data are available on the prevalence of genital mycoplasmas and Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) among Indian patients with genital tract infections. (who.int)
- Ljubin-Sternak S, Me?trović T. Chlamydia trachomatis and Genital Mycoplasmas: Pathogens with an Impact on Human Reproductive Health. (jcog.com.tr)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum (ureaplasma) is a bacterium that belongs to the family of mycoplasmas. (dnk.rs)
- Mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas as neonatal pathogens. (ac.ir)
- If you still have symptoms, you need a thorough evaluation by a physician trained in evaluating urinary tract infections. (drmirkin.com)
- Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma: Are they Sexually Transmitted Infections? (wikipedia.org)
- PCR was compared with culture for the detection of Ureaplasma urealyticum in 50 specimens, including sperm, urine, and prostate uecretions, from hospital patients with urogenital infections. (prostatitis.org)
- She presented with a wide range of symptoms over twelve months, including upper and lower respiratory tract infections, urinary bladder urgency, chronic abdominal pain, diarrhoea, bloody stools, weight loss and fatigue. (tidsskriftet.no)
- OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the endometrial microbiology and histopathology in women with symptomatic bacterial vaginosis but no signs or symptoms of upper genital tract disease or other vaginal or cervical infections. (rti.org)
- The majority of men with Ureaplasma infections do not have overt disease unless a high organism load is present. (cdc.gov)
- The face validity and predictive validity is therefore prone to be insufficient, leaving a strong need for an intermediate and reliable model for the study of female genital tract (FGT) infections and the development of appropriate vaccines against them [ 9 , 10 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Of the Mycoplasma species known to infect man, M. pneumoniae is the best-known cause of respiratory tract infections [ 9 ]. (selfhacked.com)
- Treatment options for genital mycoplasma infections are becoming limited. (biomedcentral.com)
- Literature is scarce regarding oral step down to beta-lactams in bacteremic urinary tract infections. (beds.ac.uk)
- Therefore, we describe the pathogens responsible for male genital tract infections and their association with leukocytospermia. (bvsalud.org)
- The role of inflammatory cytokines in infections also makes them good candidates to investigate bacterial vaginosis and mycoplasma genital infections. (biomedcentral.com)
- The sexual behavior of women studied was associated with the detection of mycoplasma and other agents of genital infections. (biomedcentral.com)
- urinary tract infections, post instrumentation during surgery, phimosis or strictures. (medthical.com)
- However, the challenge of correctly identifying it, alongside widespread overuse of single-dose azithromycin 1g for non-specific genital infections, has resulted in subtherapeutic. (flashearcelulares.com)
- The purpose of the current study was to investigate the separation of the bacterial factors of men's urinary tract infections using the prostate massage technique and comparing them with the initial-stream urine, midstream urine, and end-stream urine in Tehran's Health Centers. (transresurology.com)
- Urinary Tract Infections can cause kidney failure and prostatitis. (transresurology.com)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) are severe health problems and are considered a very costly and serious health problem for society (1). (transresurology.com)
- and the second group was infections of the upper urinary tract (pyelonephritis) (3). (transresurology.com)
- Treatment of respiratory tract infections caused by susceptible S. pneumoniae . (drugs.com)
- Treatment of respiratory tract infections caused by Mycoplasma pneumoniae or C. pneumoniae . (drugs.com)
- Erythromycin usually not effective when used alone for treatment of respiratory tract infections caused by H. influenzae . (drugs.com)
- These microorganisms can also be involved in reproductive disorders, neonatal infections, and extra-genital infections in immunocompromised patients. (emynet.eu)
- Respiratory infections or meningitis can occur in the neonate as a result of contamination from the genital tract at birth. (bayouni.com)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum is often a cause in chronic bladder infections and is also a factor in some PID cases. (cgicm.ca)
- If the semen analysis contains more than 106/mL of WBCs, microbiological evaluations such as the culture of urine and ejaculates are essential to determine if accessory sex gland and lower urinary tract infections are present. (cyberleninka.org)
- IMSEAR at SEARO: Genital Mycoplasma and Chlamydia trachomatis infections in patients with genital tract infections attending a tertiary care hospital of North India. (who.int)
- Erythromycin is indicated in the treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated organisms in the diseases listed below [FDA label]: _Respiratory infections_ **Upper respiratory tract infections** of mild to moderate degree caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus pneumoniae, or Haemophilus influenzae (when used concomitantly with adequate doses of sulfonamides, since many strains of H. influenzae are not susceptible to the erythromycin concentrations ordinarily achieved) [FDA label]. (drugbank.ca)
- Lower-respiratory tract infections** of mild to moderate severity caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae or Streptococcus pyogenes. (drugbank.ca)
- Respiratory tract infections** due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae [FDA label]. (drugbank.ca)
- Genital infections/STIs_ **Acute pelvic inflammatory disease** caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae: As an alternative drug in treatment of acute pelvic inflammatory disease caused by N. gonorrhoeae in female patients with a history of sensitivity to penicillin. (drugbank.ca)
- Used to treat respiratory tract, urinary and soft tissue infections. (drugbank.ca)
- Midecamycin was used for the treatment of infections in the oral cavity, upper and lower respiratory tracts and skin and soft tissue infections. (drugbank.ca)
- (D) It causes chronic urinary tract infections in premature babies born to mothers with ureaplasmas as part of the genital flora. (mhmedical.com)
- Human papillomaviruses and genital co-infections in gynaecological outpatients. (jcog.com.tr)
- There is likely importance to both the cellular and humoral immune system responses in controlling genital Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma infections, but the exact mechanisms are not well understood. (psychiatryadvisor.com)
- KECK C., GERBER-SCHÄFER C., CLAD A., WILHELM C. & BRECKWOLDT M.: Seminal tract infections: impact on male fertility and treatment options. (biomedcentral.com)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a female upper genital tract inflammatory disorder that arises after sexually transmitted bacterial infections (STI). (microbialcell.com)
- The presence of ureaplasma usually does not cause symptoms, but these bacteria may cause infections in people with weakened immune systems. (dnk.rs)
- Throughout the world sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or STIs (sexually transmitted infections) rank among the most common infections.Certain STIs are distributed evenly throughout any society, e.g. are chlamydial infections, genital infections with HPV, genital herpes etc. (healthncure.net)
- Gonorrhea ( Neisseria gonorrhoeae ), syphilis ( Treponema pallidum ), lower genital tract infections in females and epididymitis in males ( Chlamydia trachomatis ), genital ulcers ( Haemophilus ducreyi ), urethritis in males ( Ureaplasma urealyticum ), genital ulcers ( Calymmatobacterium granulomatis ). (healthncure.net)
- In recent years, mycoplasma and female reproductive tract infections have been widespreadly concerned. (cogonline.com.cn)
- An in-depth report on the causes, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of urinary tract infections. (umm.edu)
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are a common type of infection caused by bacteria (most often E. coli) that travel up the urethra to the bladder. (umm.edu)
- Women are more susceptible to urinary tract infections than men, and their infections tend to recur. (umm.edu)
- When women reach menopause, the decrease in estrogen thins the lining of the urinary tract, which increases susceptibility to bacterial infections. (umm.edu)
- Prevalence of Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma urealyticum in pregnant women of Tehran by duplex PCR. (alliedacademies.org)
- The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of Ureaplasma urealyticum (U. urealyticum) and Mycoplasma genitalium (M. genitalium) and assessment of the infection related risk factors in pregnant women. (alliedacademies.org)
- The frequency of U. urealyticum and M. genitalium organisms in the samples and the relationship between the prevalence and risk factors of pregnant women was investigated. (alliedacademies.org)
- Conclusion: In general, the prevalence of U. urealyticum and M. genitalium is similar to results of some other studies in Iran and elsewhere in the world. (alliedacademies.org)
- U. urealyticum and M. genitalium along with other microbial agents cause non-gonococcal urethritis and other complications of genitourinary system. (alliedacademies.org)
- 12 Thus, the role of M genitalium may not significantly differ from that of genital Chlamydia trachomatis infection. (bmj.com)
- These studies demonstrate that M genitalium is detected significantly more frequently among symptomatic patients than among asymptomatic controls, thus indicating that this bacterium is a pathogen of the genital tract. (bmj.com)
- 14- 17 In contrast with M genitalium , the role of Ureaplasma urealyticum appears to be less clearly defined. (bmj.com)
- After excluding vulvovaginal candidiasis, genital herpes, and trichomoniasis, we correlated clinical and microscopic signs of inflammation with positive NAAT for Ct, mycoplasma genitalium (Mg), and Ureaplasma urealyticum (Uu) in a subgroup of 293 women. (hindawi.com)
- Can you get ureaplasma or mycoplasma genitalium from urine? (healthtap.com)
- Mycoplasma genitalium is an important and emerging agent of sexually transmitted infection in females and males, carrying the potential for postinfection genital tract sequelae. (asm.org)
- NSU usually refers to infection with Ureaplasma urealyticum (this is considered to be normal genital flora) and Mycoplasma genitalium, although other causes include trichomonas and viruses, such as herpes. (healthed.com.au)
- However, should asymptomatic patients be tested for Mycoplasma genitalium or Ureaplasma urealyticum? (healthed.com.au)
- particularly U. urealyticum , and M. genitalium are causes of nongonococcal urethritis in men. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- Mycoplasma genitalium, Ureaplasma spp. (emynet.eu)
- Home / Antimicrobial resistance / Mycoplasma genitalium, Ureaplasma spp. (emynet.eu)
- The urogenital tract is the primary site of M. genitalium infection but asymptomatic rectal carriage is reported. (emynet.eu)
- http://www.emynet.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/illustration-1948906_1280.jpg 745 1024 Admin http://www.emynet.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/logo_final-align-340-300x135.png Admin 2018-06-06 13:49:43 2018-06-12 16:42:54 Mycoplasma genitalium, Ureaplasma spp. (emynet.eu)
Colonization with Ureaplasma urealyticum1
- Genital tract colonization with Ureaplasma urealyticum or C. trachomatis was not a risk factor for histologic chorioamnionitis. (bvsalud.org)
- Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma are important agents producing non-gonococcal urethritis and other complications, such as pelvic inflammatory diseases and infertility. (alliedacademies.org)
- Lower genital tract infection (LGTI) is a broad definition that includes clinical and microscopic cervicitis, purulent vaginal wet mount, and urethritis. (hindawi.com)
- Data are inconsistent regarding other Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma species as etiologic agents of urethritis ( 707 ). (cdc.gov)
- Ureaplasma infection often leads to several complications like sterile pyuria and non-specific urethritis. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- mainly U. urealyticum , may be responsible for urethritis in men. (emynet.eu)
- Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU), non-specific urethritis (NSU), genital mycoplasma. (canada.ca)
- Nongonnoconnal urethritis**: When tetracyclines are contraindicated or not tolerated, erythromycin is indicated for the treatment of nongonococcal urethritis caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum [FDA label]. (drugbank.ca)
- However, they can also lead to inflammation of the urethra (urethritis) and the lower genital tract, and, eventually, also to infertility. (euroimmunblog.com)
- There are indications that especially U. urealyticum is associated with a non-gonorrhoeal urethritis in men, whilst U. parvum has a higher prevalence, but cannot be linked to a disease. (euroimmunblog.com)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum is a type of bacteria that can cause infection of the urinary tract and vagina. (wikipedia.org)
- Even though ordinary bacteria are not cultured from these patients, there is some evidence to suggest that atypical organisms, such as genital mycoplasma, may be associated with OAB symptoms. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Endometrial biopsies were evaluated for histopathologic evidence of plasma cell endometritis and were cultured for N gonorrhoeae, C trachomatis, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, Mycoplasma species, and Ureaplasma urealyticum. (rti.org)
- Bacteria colonizing the lower genital tract may ascend to the gestational tissues, triggering an inflammatory response mediated primarily by interleukin-1β (IL-1β), tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), and IL-6 ( 14 , 25 , 41 ). (asm.org)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum ( U. urealyticum ) and Ureaplasma parvum ( U. parvum ) are parasitic, gram-negative bacteria which can be part of the urogenitalflora of men and women. (r-biopharm.com)
- Ureaplasma Infection is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the ureaplasma Urealyticum bacteria. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- Ureaplasma Infection is caused by a bacteria called Ureaplasma Urealyticum. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- For those that are more sexually active, the bacteria is present in the genitourinary tracts in large quantities. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- As most individuals have the bacteria in their genital area, it is easy to see how you get ureaplasma infection. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- Most of the time, the bacteria cause no problems, but when your genital bacteria become unbalanced, a flare-up in ureaplasma can lead to the following symptoms. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- However, unlike other bacteria, ureaplasma do not have cell walls, so antibiotics are ineffective. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- Stones composed of struvite, carbonate apatite and ammonium urate are regarded as induced by urinary tract infection (UTI) with bacteria producing the enzyme urease (mainly Proteus species) which splits urea into ammonium and carbonate ions resulting in supersaturation and alkalization of the urine. (publisso.de)
- In our laboratory we diagnose the presence of ureaplasma using the PCR method, which directly detects the DNA of the bacteria. (dnk.rs)
- Researchers think that cranberries help prevent harmful bacteria from attaching and sticking to urinary tract cells. (umm.edu)
- The presence of leukocytes and pathogens in the semen may be a sign of infection and/or localized inflammatory response in the male genital tract and the accessory glands. (bvsalud.org)
- However, Ureaplasma urealyticum and other unusual pathogens found in expressed prostatic secretion (EPS) of some patients cannot be ignored (10). (transresurology.com)
- This study aimed to compare the qualitative and quantitative reproducibility of quantitative PCR (qPCR) for Ureaplasma species (Ureaplasma spp. (hindawi.com)
- Although considered to be commensal in the female genital tract, the presence of Ureaplasma species (Ureaplasma spp. (hindawi.com)
- culture is the gold standard, but this method gives no information about the different species ( Ureaplasma urealyticum (U. urealyticum) or Ureaplasma parvum (U. parvum) ) and gives few indications of their quantity. (hindawi.com)
- Biochemical and molecular analysis were conducted on 34 strains of Mycoplasma species isolated between 2003 and 2009 from the genital tract of clinically healthy Dorper sheep and sheep with ulcerative vulvitis and balanitis. (scielo.org.za)
- The aims of the study were to characterise Mycoplasma species isolated from the genital tract of Dorper sheep with polymerase chain reaction assay, cloning and gene sequencing. (scielo.org.za)
- a species that has been isolated from the respiratory tract and central nervous system of newborns. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Mycoplasma species may persist as part of the normal human flora of the respiratory system or the genital area. (r-biopharm.com)
- In 2002, the earlier existing nomenclature of 14 U. urealyticum serovars has been updated, so that serovar 1, 3, 6 and 14, which groups to Parvo Biovar (Biovar 1), are now listed as separate species ( U. parvum ). (r-biopharm.com)
- Multiple species of the genera Mycoplasma a nd Ureaplasma can infect the human genitourinary tract. (bumrungrad.com)
- Culture is well adapted to species like Ureaplasma spp. (emynet.eu)
- Clindamycin is not active against Ureaplasma species. (psychiatryadvisor.com)
- Since their initial discovery, several species of Mycoplasma have been isolated from human respiratory and genital tracts. (hardydiagnostics.com)
- Twenty-two women with bacterial vaginosis diagnosed by Gram stain examination of vaginal fluid, but with neither signs nor symptoms of upper genital tract infection, were compared with 19 women who had no evidence of bacterial vaginosis on vaginal fluid Gram stain. (rti.org)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum is caused by genital mycoplasma that thrives in the genital tract resulting in a bacterial infection. (flashearcelulares.com)
- Acute bacterial prostatitis is commonly caused by an ascending urinary tract infection, and patients can present with a range of symptoms from local to systemic (7). (transresurology.com)
- The role of Ureaplasma urealyticum in bacterial prostatitis has not been completely clarified. (transresurology.com)
- Similar to cervicitis and bacterial vaginosis , it occurs when there is an imbalance of genital bacterial flora. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- PID or Pelvic Inflammatory disease that is caused by bacterial infection in the upper female genital tract. (cgicm.ca)
- For the treatment of Pneumococcal infection, acute sinusitis, acute bacterial tonsillitis, acute bronchitis and bronchiolitis, lower respiratory tract infection and lobar (pneumococcal) pneumonia. (drugbank.ca)
- This study analyses the bacterial ecology of the male genital tract based on the results of 250 semen cultures, performed in asymptomatic men in the context of an assisted reproduction technique. (biomedcentral.com)
- have been linked to upper genitourinary tract infection and to premature labor and abortion. (specialtylabs.com)
- It is presumed to be a clinical sign of infection/inflammation of the accessory sex organs or of the lower genitourinary tract [1-3]. (cyberleninka.org)
- Worldwide - can be found in the genitourinary tract (mucosal surfaces of the cervix or vagina) of 40 - 80% of sexually active women, many of whom are healthy and asymptomatic Footnote 1 , Footnote 4 . (canada.ca)
- I usually also recommend PCR testing for Ureaplasma Urealyticum and Trichomonas at the same time. (drwaynecottrell.com)
Upper female genit5
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) comprises a spectrum of inflammatory disorders of the upper female genital tract, including any combination of endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and pelvic peritonitis. (bmj.com)
- It affects various structures of the upper female genital tract, leading to disorders such as endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and pelvic peritonitis. (questdiagnostics.com)
- The term pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) refers to the inflammation of the upper female genital tract (endometrium, fallopian tubes and contiguous structures) following an ascending infection. (biomedcentral.com)
- Depending on where the inflammation is present in the upper female genital tract, it will have a specific name. (cgicm.ca)
- PID is caused by infection of the upper female genital tract, including the womb, fallopian tubes, ovaries and nearby pelvic structures. (drtanandpartners.com)
- Clinical Analysis of Infection of Ureaplasms Urealyticum and Chlamydial Trachomatis in Infertility. (cnki.com.cn)
- Correlation of Chlamydia trachomatis & Ureaplasma urealyticum infection with infertility. (cnki.com.cn)
- In the male reproductive system temporary episodes of inflammation, caused by newly discovered micro-organisms such as chlamydia trachomatis and ureaplasma urealyticum, may occur frequently and cause sub-clinical inflammation. (prostatitis.org)
- and Chlamydia trachomatis ( Ct ), and found that HPV was associated with Ct and Ureaplasma urealyticum ( Uu ). (medsci.org)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease is an acute ascending polymicrobial infection of the female gynecologic tract that is frequently associated with Neisseria gonorrhoeae or Chlamydia trachomatis . (bmj.com)
- An examination was made of IL-6 and TNF-α in seminal plasma and DNA of chlamydial trachomatis (CT) and U. urealyticum in genital tract of infertile couple, using ELISA and PCR respectively. (cnki.com.cn)
- Symptoms may become more severe when the infection spreads to the lower respiratory tract and causes atypical or 'walking' pneumonia. (labtestsonline.org.au)
- http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6403a1.htm http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26042815?tool=bestpractice.com Symptoms include fever, vomiting, back pain, dyspareunia, and bilateral lower abdominal pain, as well as symptoms of lower genital tract infection such as abnormal vaginal odor, itching, bleeding, or discharge. (bmj.com)
- Women with clinical symptoms of tract [ 8 ] and disrupting various stages of lower genital tract infection were excluded fertilization [ 9 ]. (who.int)
- People with STDS may not present with any symptoms and some may present with genital discharge, itch, growth at genital area and ulcers. (medthical.com)
- Older people may have a urinary tract infection but have few or no symptoms. (umm.edu)
- Colonization of the cervicovaginal tract with pathogenic microorganisms, such as group B streptococci (GBS) and Ureaplasma urealyticum , during pregnancy has been associated with premature rupture of the fetal membranes ( 14 , 32 , 41 ). (asm.org)
- That 24 well test, containing dry biochemical substratum and antibiotics, permits detection, presumptive identification and susceptibility test of microorganisms in genital specimens such as vaginal swabs, urethral secretions and seminal fluid in 24-48 hours. (pdfdrug.com)
- Determination of cervicovaginal microorganisms in women with abnormal cervical cytology: the role of Ureaplasma urealyticum. (jcog.com.tr)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum can found in a majority of sexually active people, most of whom are asymptomatic. (wikipedia.org)
- Genital M ycoplasma or Ureaplasma infection may be asymptomatic in many cases. (bumrungrad.com)
- In most of the people, Ureaplasma infection generally remains asymptomatic. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- In this study, U. urealyticum positivity and antibiotic resistance rates were investigated in HPV positive women who were asymptomatic in terms of sexually transmitted disease. (jcog.com.tr)
- Genital mycoplasma or ureaplasma infection may be asymptomatic in many cases. (psychiatryadvisor.com)
- Infection with U. urealyticum in pregnancy and birth can be complicated by chorioamnionitis, stillbirth, premature birth, and, in the perinatal period, pneumonia, bronchopulmonary dysplasia and meningitis. (wikipedia.org)
- U. urealyticum , which is part of the natural flora of the men's urethra, causes harmful consequences of pregnancy, such as infertility, spontaneous abortion, premature rupture of membranes and premature births [ 2 , 4 - 9 ]. (alliedacademies.org)
- throughout pregnancy and according to the genital sampling site. (hindawi.com)
- During pregnancy, Ureaplasma spp. (biomedcentral.com)
- During pregnancy Ureaplasma may be transmitted to the child, which can lead to pneumonia or diseases of the central nervous system. (r-biopharm.com)
- Ureaplasmas can cause placental inflammation and may invade the amniotic sac early in pregnancy in the presence of intact fetal membranes, causing persistent infection and adverse pregnancy outcome, including premature birth. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- 7. Larsen B, Hwang J. Mycoplasma , Ureaplasma , and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a fresh look. (ac.ir)
- Pregnancy does not increase the risk of getting a urinary tract infection but it can increase the risk of developing a serious infection that could potentially harm the mother and fetus. (umm.edu)
- Ureaplasma isolates were further biotyped and serotyped. (who.int)
Associated with genital tract infection1
- Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma spp have been associated with genital tract infection. (specialtylabs.com)
- Anti-sperm any medication with potentially negative antibody (ASA) may also play a different effects on the rheological characteristics role in female infertility by interfering with of the mucus were stopped in the previous sperm migration through the female genital cycle. (who.int)
- Female genital tuberculosis has only rarely been associated with Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome and all cases presented with chronic abdominal pain and/or infertility. (symptoma.com)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum in male infertility in Jilin province, Northeast china, and its relationship with sperm morphology. (ac.ir)
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae, the causing pathogen of gonorrhoea, affects the mucous membrane of the urinary tract, the cervix, the rectum or the conjunctiva of the eye. (euroimmunblog.com)
- There was a significant correlation between preterm labor and infection and also between the history of genital herpes simplex infection and U. urealyticum infection. (alliedacademies.org)
- The characteristic herpes blisters form mainly in the area of the lips and in the genital area. (euroimmunblog.com)
- Genital herpes is transmitted by mucous membrane contact during sexual intercourse with an infected person. (euroimmunblog.com)
- AIDS (HIV or human immune deficiency virus types 1 and 2), genital herpes (Herpes simplex virus type 2), Hepatitis B (Hepatitis B virus), genital and anal warts (Human papillomavirus), Molluscum contagiosum (Molluscum contagiosum virus), T cell leukemia (Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I). (healthncure.net)
- CMV or cytomegalovirus mononucleosis (Cytomegalovirus), lymphoma (Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type II), hepatitis (Hepatitis C, D viruses), genital herpes (Herpes simplex virus type 1), infectious mononucleosis (Epstein-Barr virus). (healthncure.net)
- The test performed is for identifying these organisms in a genital sample collected from you. (fvhospital.com)
- 6. Lu MG, Shi JL, Xu C. Establishment and application of the approach to detecting two biovars of Ureaplasma urealyticum organisms in human semen. (ac.ir)
- The organisms cause disease as extracellular parasites attaching to both ciliated and non-ciliated epithelial cells of the genitourinary (GU) tract. (psychiatryadvisor.com)
- The current paradigm for infection-induced PTB suggests that the majority of these organisms originate from the lower genital tract and invade the pregnant uterus via an ascending mechanism (44). (docplayer.net)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum is a major pathogen associated with many diseases. (beds.ac.uk)
- BACKGROUND: Enterobacter cloacae (E. cloacae) is one of the commensal flora in the human intestinal tract and a prevalent nosocomial pathogen, which rarely causes infectious osteoarthritis in immunocompetent patients without recent trauma or surgery. (bvsalud.org)
- PCR can also be performed to increase the sensitivity of detection in specimens from extra-genital sites or from normally sterile body fluids or tissues. (emynet.eu)
Found in the genitourinary1
- Ureaplasma is frequently found in the genitourinary and respiratory tracts and this is where infection occurs. (homeremedyhacks.com)
- U. urealyticum has been found to be present in amniotic fluid in women who have had a premature birth with intact fetal membranes. (wikipedia.org)
Parvum serovar 3 str2
- It may cause inflammation of the reproductive or urinary tracts in males and females. (thefreedictionary.com)
- We are now treating all patients diagnosed with Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma, as there is evidence that it can cause salpingitis (inflammation of the fallopian tubes). (drwaynecottrell.com)
- DE BARBEYRAC B., BÉBÉAR C. & MATHIEU C.: Inflammation de l'appareil génital masculin et reproduction: le point de vue du bactériologiste. (biomedcentral.com)
- The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the polymorphonuclear leukocyte (PMNL) inflammatory response in women with nongonococcal lower genital tract infection (LGTI) can be used to optimize criteria for syndromic treatment. (hindawi.com)
- Proinflammatory cytokines i.e. interleukins (IL-6) and (IL-8) seem to play an important role in inflammatory processes in male genital tract. (termedia.pl)
- Oxygen causes U. urealyticum persistence in the lungs of newborn mice, which potentiates the inflammatory response and turns a self-limited pneumonia into a lethal disease [ 28 ]. (beds.ac.uk)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease refers to any infection in the female lower reproductive tract that spreads to the upper reproductive tract. (who.int)
- In women, U. urealyticum prevalently causes pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and Ureaplasma colonizes the vaginal flora of up to 50 % of pregnant women. (r-biopharm.com)
- Infection and cytokine expression not only affect sperm density,motility rate and liquefiaction but also participated in inflammatory lesion of genital organs. (cnki.com.cn)
- Treatment of chancroid † (genital ulcers caused by H. ducreyi ). (drugs.com)
Urinary tract inf4
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) is the most frequent alternative diagnosis. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Cystitis is considered a lower urinary tract infection. (umm.edu)
- Pyelonephritis is an upper urinary tract infection and is much more serious. (umm.edu)
- A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a condition in which one or more parts of the urinary system (the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra) become infected. (umm.edu)
- We observed that Eubacterium eligens (mOR = 11.5, 95% CI 1.31~101.4), Gardnerella vaginalis (mOR = 17.0, 95% CI 2.18-131.8), and Ureaplasma urealyticum (mOR = 7.42, 95% CI 1.3-42.46) had the strongest associations with HPV clearance, and Lactobacillus johnsonii (mOR = 16.4, 95% CI 1.77-152.2) with HPV persistence. (nature.com)
- En fait, UU et Gardnerella vaginalis sont les 2 germes les plus isolés, et sont souvent associés. (biomedcentral.com)
Male and female gen1
- We will discuss all the causes of male and female genital discharges as well as their treatments in this blog. (medthical.com)
- Mycoplasma testing is primarily used to help determine if Mycoplasma pneumoniae is the cause of a respiratory tract infection. (labcorp.com)
- Congenital pneumonia, bacteremia, progression to chronic lung disease of prematurity, and even death have occurred in very low birthweight infants and have been attributed to ureaplasmal infection of the lower respiratory tract. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- They can cause invasive disease of the joints and respiratory tract with bacteremic dissemination, especially individuals with antibody deficiencies. (basicmedicalkey.com)
- Increased risk of preterm labor has been linked to cervicovaginal infection with Ureaplasma urealyticum and group B streptococci. (asm.org)
- The presence of U. urealyticum in placental parenchyma can lead to redox imbalance and to increased iron (Fe) concentrations, which have been related to an increased risk of preterm labor, fetal loss, and intraventricular hemorrhage [ 13 , 14 ]. (beds.ac.uk)
- Ureaplasma urealyticum is a commensal organism of the lower genital tract of females, but in a subpopulation of individuals, it can invade the upper genital tract. (asm.org)
- For example in United States alone more than 6 million people acquire new genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and worst is, most of these people who acquire genital human papillomavirus infection are at risk of developing genital neoplasm. (healthncure.net)
- After the onset of genital discomfort and copious amounts of vaginal discharge, gynaecological examination and routine microbiological testing of discharge were negative. (tidsskriftet.no)
- Does ureaplasma urealyticum infection show up on a urine culture or a pcr std urine test? (healthtap.com)