The molecular designing of drugs for specific purposes (such as DNA-binding, enzyme inhibition, anti-cancer efficacy, etc.) based on knowledge of molecular properties such as activity of functional groups, molecular geometry, and electronic structure, and also on information cataloged on analogous molecules. Drug design is generally computer-assisted molecular modeling and does not include pharmacokinetics, dosage analysis, or drug administration analysis.
Metabolic Flux Analysis
Citric Acid Cycle
Metabolic Networks and Pathways
A metabolic process that converts GLUCOSE into two molecules of PYRUVIC ACID through a series of enzymatic reactions. Energy generated by this process is conserved in two molecules of ATP. Glycolysis is the universal catabolic pathway for glucose, free glucose, or glucose derived from complex CARBOHYDRATES, such as GLYCOGEN and STARCH.
Pentose Phosphate Pathway
An oxidative decarboxylation process that converts GLUCOSE-6-PHOSPHATE to D-ribose-5-phosphate via 6-phosphogluconate. The pentose product is used in the biosynthesis of NUCLEIC ACIDS. The generated energy is stored in the form of NADPH. This pathway is prominent in tissues which are active in the synthesis of FATTY ACIDS and STEROIDS.
Epidemiologic Research Design
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
An element in the alkali group of metals with an atomic symbol K, atomic number 19, and atomic weight 39.10. It is the chief cation in the intracellular fluid of muscle and other cells. Potassium ion is a strong electrolyte that plays a significant role in the regulation of fluid volume and maintenance of the WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE.
Studies comparing two or more treatments or interventions in which the subjects or patients, upon completion of the course of one treatment, are switched to another. In the case of two treatments, A and B, half the subjects are randomly allocated to receive these in the order A, B and half to receive them in the order B, A. A criticism of this design is that effects of the first treatment may carry over into the period when the second is given. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Cell Membrane Permeability
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Biological Transport, Active
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
Facility Design and Construction
Architecture, exterior and interior design, and construction of facilities other than hospitals, e.g., dental schools, medical schools, ambulatory care clinics, and specified units of health care facilities. The concept also includes architecture, design, and construction of specialized contained, controlled, or closed research environments including those of space labs and stations.
Procedures by which protein structure and function are changed or created in vitro by altering existing or synthesizing new structural genes that direct the synthesis of proteins with sought-after properties. Such procedures may include the design of MOLECULAR MODELS of proteins using COMPUTER GRAPHICS or other molecular modeling techniques; site-specific mutagenesis (MUTAGENESIS, SITE-SPECIFIC) of existing genes; and DIRECTED MOLECULAR EVOLUTION techniques to create new genes.
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Analysis of Variance
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Equipment Failure Analysis
Amino Acid Sequence
Sensitivity and Specificity
A 51-amino acid pancreatic hormone that plays a major role in the regulation of glucose metabolism, directly by suppressing endogenous glucose production (GLYCOGENOLYSIS; GLUCONEOGENESIS) and indirectly by suppressing GLUCAGON secretion and LIPOLYSIS. Native insulin is a globular protein comprised of a zinc-coordinated hexamer. Each insulin monomer containing two chains, A (21 residues) and B (30 residues), linked by two disulfide bonds. Insulin is used as a drug to control insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (DIABETES MELLITUS, TYPE 1).
A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Data Interpretation, Statistical
The voltage differences across a membrane. For cellular membranes they are computed by subtracting the voltage measured outside the membrane from the voltage measured inside the membrane. They result from differences of inside versus outside concentration of potassium, sodium, chloride, and other ions across cells' or ORGANELLES membranes. For excitable cells, the resting membrane potentials range between -30 and -100 millivolts. Physical, chemical, or electrical stimuli can make a membrane potential more negative (hyperpolarization), or less negative (depolarization).
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
A rigorously mathematical analysis of energy relationships (heat, work, temperature, and equilibrium). It describes systems whose states are determined by thermal parameters, such as temperature, in addition to mechanical and electromagnetic parameters. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed)
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
A subclass of DIABETES MELLITUS that is not INSULIN-responsive or dependent (NIDDM). It is characterized initially by INSULIN RESISTANCE and HYPERINSULINEMIA; and eventually by GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; HYPERGLYCEMIA; and overt diabetes. Type II diabetes mellitus is no longer considered a disease exclusively found in adults. Patients seldom develop KETOSIS but often exhibit OBESITY.
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
A diuretic and renal diagnostic aid related to sorbitol. It has little significant energy value as it is largely eliminated from the body before any metabolism can take place. It can be used to treat oliguria associated with kidney failure or other manifestations of inadequate renal function and has been used for determination of glomerular filtration rate. Mannitol is also commonly used as a research tool in cell biological studies, usually to control osmolarity.
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Members of the class of compounds composed of AMINO ACIDS joined together by peptide bonds between adjacent amino acids into linear, branched or cyclical structures. OLIGOPEPTIDES are composed of approximately 2-12 amino acids. Polypeptides are composed of approximately 13 or more amino acids. PROTEINS are linear polypeptides that are normally synthesized on RIBOSOMES.
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Interior Design and Furnishings
Measurable and quantifiable biological parameters (e.g., specific enzyme concentration, specific hormone concentration, specific gene phenotype distribution in a population, presence of biological substances) which serve as indices for health- and physiology-related assessments, such as disease risk, psychiatric disorders, environmental exposure and its effects, disease diagnosis, metabolic processes, substance abuse, pregnancy, cell line development, epidemiologic studies, etc.
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Products in capsule, tablet or liquid form that provide dietary ingredients, and that are intended to be taken by mouth to increase the intake of nutrients. Dietary supplements can include macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; and/or MICRONUTRIENTS, such as VITAMINS; MINERALS; and PHYTOCHEMICALS.
Quality of Life
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Diffusion Chambers, Culture
Devices used in a technique by which cells or tissues are grown in vitro or, by implantation, in vivo within chambers permeable to diffusion of solutes across the chamber walls. The chambers are used for studies of drug effects, osmotic responses, cytogenic and immunologic phenomena, metabolism, etc., and include tissue cages.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Severity of Illness Index
Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).
A molecule that binds to another molecule, used especially to refer to a small molecule that binds specifically to a larger molecule, e.g., an antigen binding to an antibody, a hormone or neurotransmitter binding to a receptor, or a substrate or allosteric effector binding to an enzyme. Ligands are also molecules that donate or accept a pair of electrons to form a coordinate covalent bond with the central metal atom of a coordination complex. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Drug Delivery Systems
Dental Prosthesis Design
Gene Expression Profiling
Primary Health Care
YASAStatorRotorNeodymiumMultistageRadial fluxGeneratorsLeakagePermanent magnet motorTorqueTransverseDensityRubicon2020ManufactureCompressorTurbineMotorsMagnetOptimalOptimizationMeasurementGeneratorGearsHydraulic6,000ElectricVentilationHeat fluxMagnetic FluxMagnetsInnovativeEfficiencyCoilSoftwareMovementDetectionDeviceProcessMachineEnablesForcesAdvancementsSystemBlenderResultsProcessesMotor designCoreFansHighStructureConstructionVolumePossibilitiesDirectionEngineers
- Riding high with 20 million Euros in fresh funding and a contract to power Ferrari's first hybrid-electric automobile (pictured above), English motor manufacturer YASA is gearing up for higher production volume of its innovative axial-flux motors. (magneticsmag.com)
- That news followed an announcement in May that Ferrari is now in series production of its first e-vehicle, a hybrid-electric being powered by a customized axial-flux motor from YASA. (magneticsmag.com)
- The CRP system utilises two 750 Series Axial Flux YASA motors each providing a maximum power of 112.5kW (150 hp). (contraelectric.com)
- According to the rotating magnetic field theory with combining the recoil line characteristics of permanent magnet and the equivalent operational magnetic circuits, appropriate projection of the stator currents to achieve an optimal ratio of the machine propulsive/axial forces has been confirmed through detailed three-dimensional finite element analysis (3-D FEA) and numerical studies. (ncl.edu.tw)
- 7]R. Wang and M. J. Kamper, "Evaluation of eddy current losses in axial flux permanent magnet machine with an ironless stator," Proceedings of the IEEE IAS 37th Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., 2002. (ncl.edu.tw)
- In this paper a novel stator design is introduced for HTS axial flux machines which enables a reduction in their structural mass. (ed.ac.uk)
- The stator is for the first time designed with a 45° angle that deviates the air gap closing forces into the vertical direction reducing the axial forces. (ed.ac.uk)
- The proposed motor breaks the traditional design rule which stipulates that the pole-pair numbers of the stator and the rotor must be the same. (edu.hk)
- Since this is a single rotor design stators on Otherpower are usually made for dual rotors we will only be generating half the stated voltage So for this project I wanted 12 volts and had to buy a 24 volt stator Otherpower actually is now offering a kit for a single rotor wind. (aplikacjebiznesowe.net.pl)
- Vibrodynamical behavior of bulb units, due to specific design and operating conditions, depend very much on the relative position of the rotor and stator as well as the bearings. (irispower.com)
- The monitoring system included rotor vibrations, air gap and flux, rotor pole temperatures, stator winding temperatures, axial displacements and process operating quantities (e.g. active and reactive power) as well as electrical values. (irispower.com)
- The number of coils, the number of wire turns in each coil, the relative number of teeth in the stator and rotor, and the diameter and flux density of the magnet are all of the parameters used in the design considerations of the motor. (techbriefs.com)
- Coaxial rotors or coax rotors are a pair of helicopter rotors mounted one above the other on concentric shafts with the same axis of rotation but turning in opposite directions contra-rotating This rotor configuration is a feature of helicopters produced by the Russian Kamov helicopter design bureau. (aplikacjebiznesowe.net.pl)
- It was found that in case of the dual rotor wind turbine the optimal axial distance for half diameter radial shift was in the range of 0 2 - 0 25 diameter View full-text Preprint. (aplikacjebiznesowe.net.pl)
- The NASA Rotor 67 axial compressor was simulated. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Using Neodymium magnets and axial flux motor designs, electric motor developer Torqeedo of Germany is powering through a flurry of innovations to become one of the world's leading manufacturers bent on electrifying marine mobility. (magneticsmag.com)
- Live demonstration on the design of a high-pressure multistage axial compressor. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- 1. CAE Software for Axial Compressors and Turbines A meanline design and analysis tool for multistage axial turbomachinery including compressors, gas, steam, and hydraulic turbines, and pumps. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- After that I played around with radial flux machines (notably the brake drum design, and the AWP) for about ten years, only returning to the axial style alternator in 1998. (scoraigwind.co.uk)
- Compared with those of radial-flux-modulated motor (RFMM), its manufacturing and assembling process are simple and easy. (edu.hk)
- Technology startups such as Magnax claim that electric motors and generators based on axial flux technology will be a step change in efficiency, size, reliability and cost-effectiveness versus the current generation of direct drive machines (based on Radial Flux). (magnax.com)
- The Radial flux automotive In-Wheel motors segment is pegged to witness widespread adoption in high-performance vehicles as they are easy to manufacture. (wsearch1.com)
- How does the peak torque capacity of an axial-flux motor compare to radial-flux. (anttilehikoinen.fi)
- Existing technologies can detect the presence of corrosion, determine the additional strain caused by pipe curvature and, given the right conditions, Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) technologies have demonstrated the capability to indicate regions with crack-like flaws. (pipeline-conference.com)
- To investigate the leakage flux and their linkage with different metallic parts inside the transformer, FEM based analysis is performed using FEMM software. (ifqu.de)
- 5: magnet thickness parallel the direction of flux in inches: magnetic flux leakage g m F g F m P ℜ ℜ. (segninuovialcamo.it)
- The magnetic flux leakage field induced by the broken-wire flaw in the 3D space is analyzed. (cnki.net)
- The spatial distribution of the axial component of the leakage field is highlighted and discussed. (cnki.net)
- The scanning system is constructed to measure the axial component of the leakage field. (cnki.net)
- The threshold method is applied to estimate the effective diffusion angle of the axial component of the leakage field along circumferential direction as ± 6°, which determines that the minimum number of elements in the sensor array is 30. (cnki.net)
- A circular magnetic flux leakage sensor array is developed for the stay cable. (cnki.net)
- This study provides a reference for designing circular magnetic flux leakage sensor array for surface flaw detection in large-diameter stay cables. (cnki.net)
Permanent magnet motor1
- In particular, an innovative axial-flux permanent magnet motor has been optimized and simulated to increase its electromagnetic performance and to decrease its vibrations, noise and working temperatures. (spinmag.eu)
- 8]F. Caricchi, F. G. Capponi, F. Crescimbini, and L. Solero, "Experimental study on reducing cogging torque and core power loss in axial flux permanent magnet machines with slotted winding," Proceedings of the IEEE IAS 37th Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., 2002. (ncl.edu.tw)
- Designed with a radically different magnetic configuration than traditional motors, axial-flux motors typically are lighter yet have high power and torque densities while using fewer magnets than a comparably rated motor. (magneticsmag.com)
- Axial flux machines on the other hand offer higher torque/volume ratios than the radial machines, which makes them an attractive option where space and transportation becomes an issue. (ed.ac.uk)
- SMCs allow e-motor manufacturers to make complete use of design space to maximize torque and power requirements. (gknpm.com)
- Conventional motor designs show a decrease in efficiency once torque increases to a higher operating level. (gknpm.com)
- Engineers face the challenge to create motor designs that keep efficiency levels high even if torque is increased. (gknpm.com)
- Proven through a transverse flux motor case study of an e-bike application, GKN Powder Metallurgy's motor design can double the efficiency of a traditional motor design once torque levels are reached, especially at low speeds. (gknpm.com)
- 10]C.-T. Liu, L.F. Chen, J.L. Kuo, Y.N. Chen, Y.J. Lee, and C.T. Leu, "Microcomputer control implementation of transverse flux linear switched reluctance machine with rule-based compensator,'' IEEE Trans. (ncl.edu.tw)
- In addition, the air gap flux density increases due to the new claw pole shapes improving its power density from 53.19 to 61.90 W kg−1. (ed.ac.uk)
- It is expected that the HTS axial flux machines designed with the new methodology offer a competitive advantage over other proposed superconducting generator designs in terms of cost, reliability and power density. (ed.ac.uk)
- This release further expands electromagnetic application coverage for electric machines with the introduction of a new excitation coil model, allowing the design of higher power density machines with closed coils such as those found in axial flux machines. (3dcadworld.com)
- MIP has a new CVD Center Drive Kit for Axial SCX10s with a 12.3″ wheelbase (which includes the Axial Jeep Rubicon). (bigsquidrc.com)
- Capacity audience is expected for a magnetics industry session focused on high-frequency power conversion design challenges at APEC 2020 in New Orleans next month. (magneticsmag.com)
- The design and manufacture of the power supply system is provided by our partner POTENZA LIMITED. (contraelectric.com)
- We offer a bespoke, turnkey product design and manufacture service, tailored to your needs. (walkersubsea.com)
- Part II (d) In this final study design and manufacture of LVDT signal ICs based on AD598. (pgvcollege.com)
- Extensive research and development, advanced design procedures, modern manufacturing techniques and first hand on-site experience in compressor operation are behind the success achieved by our compressors. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Without discounting the importance of other components, the axial compressor is one of the most critical in a gas turbine engine for propulsion, power generation and mechanical drive as, while it contributes to the overall engine efficiency, it dictates the operability range and requires demanding aerodynamics and aeromechanics design efforts. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Initially an axial compressor is designed with counter-rotation at design point. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- The requirements of the different stages of an axial compressor are then discussed. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Design challenges that are encountered when developing a high-pressure axial compressor. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- The working principle of an axial flow compressor is straightforward. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Traditionally, axial compressors are coupled with a complimentary turbine at the exhaust that provides mechanical power to the compressor. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- 4. Construction of an Axial Flow Compressor Axial Flow Compressor parts : An axial-flow compressor consists of fixed and moving sets of blades in alternating sequence as shown in Fig. Axial compressors all undergo a thorough design and development phase in which performance testing is vital to their ultimate success as a product. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- SAVONIUS VERTICAL WIND TURBINE DESIGN SIMULATION AND PHYSICAL TESTING Honors Capstone Report I Eddahmani Aymane hereby affirm that I have applied ethics to the design process. (aplikacjebiznesowe.net.pl)
- Based in Oxford, the company specializes in making axial-flux electric motors and controllers aimed at helping electrify automotive and aviation markets with both hybrid and pure electric powertrains. (magneticsmag.com)
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. has developed a powder magnetic core for the thin, axial gap motors that are becoming increasingly popular with electric vehicle manufacturers for their high performance, lighter weight and streamlined profile. (magneticsmag.com)
- Due to the advancements in the motor design and lower iron losses from SMC's material properties, electric motors increase efficiency greater than conventional motor designs. (gknpm.com)
- He has supervised over 16 graduate students in research areas related to solar energy, energy harvesting, magnetic levitation, computer aided design, design automation, virtual reality, intelligent systems, optimization, axial flux permanent magnet hub motors, health monitoring and diagnostics. (upr.edu)
- Here's a no-brainer tip for you: space vectors are useful when designing electric motors. (anttilehikoinen.fi)
- The company is known for its axial-flux motors which offer high-power and low-weight characteristics. (autosector.com)
- Part two will cover design considerations for AC motors with variable speed drives and electronically communicated variable-speed direct-current (DC) motors (ECMs), followed by a comparison table of suggested advantages and disadvantages and design considerations for each type, and concluded with a case study comparing the use of AC motors with variable speed drives (VSDs) with ECMs. (esmagazine.com)
- DC motors also have applications in the building and HVAC systems - in particular, many elevator designs employ DC motors. (esmagazine.com)
- Compared to DC motors, AC motors are simpler in design, are more rugged, and have a longer life under normal operating conditions. (esmagazine.com)
- This thesis presents a systematic scheme to determine the optimal propulsive/axial force ratio of a single-sided permanent magnet axial-flux motor (SPMAM) along with its operational constraints on both the winding currents and the speed induced voltages. (ncl.edu.tw)
- 2]M. Aydin, S. Huang, and T. A. Lipo, "A new axial flux surface mounted permanent magnet machine capable of field control," Proceedings of the IEEE IAS 37th Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., 2002. (ncl.edu.tw)
- The machines are an axial flux ("pancake") design based on dual-halbach-array magnet rotors and ironless stators. (launchpnt.com)
- In the detailed design step, the preliminary com-pressor is used as the input and some of its spec-i cations are modi ed through Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) and optimization tools [4,5]. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Measure total flux in industrial and measurement system settings. (janis.com)
- This combination of design features allows for an extremely high efficiency UAV motor, generator, or starter/alternator with excellent specific power. (launchpnt.com)
- However, most HTS generator designs are based on a radial topology, which requires an excessive amount of HTS material and suffers from cooling and reliability issues. (ed.ac.uk)
- The Halbach array generator consists of both axial magnetized permanent magnets and radial magnets. (jvejournals.com)
- If you are feeling a bit daredevil and want to design something that will truly reveal your wild side, go for this DIY EMP generator. (segninuovialcamo.it)
- Gears for the transmission from the Barrel, and the reduction from Seconds to Minutes and Hours are placed behind the Tourbillon in order to keep the design circular. (laimer.ch)
- This case fan package comes with three high-airflow fans that offer great ventilation of every case inside and, thanks to its design and self-lubricating hydraulic bearing, an almost completely silent performance. (bclnadvogados.com.br)
- It uses a custom-built axial flux electric motor that operates up to 6,000 rpm. (thedetroitbureau.com)
- Saietta (Ticker: SED.L) is a UK Company that has developed an innovative AFT electric motor (adesign of axial flux motor), designed to deliver class-leading performance for its target markets whilstbeing low cost and built for mass market production. (canaccordgenuity.com)
- This multiphysics approach allows to design an electric motor solution that meets the requirements and the NVH specifics imposed by an initial project. (spinmag.eu)
- Competition is fierce for electric motor designs that meet specific performance and size requirements. (gknpm.com)
- To develop robust electric motor designs, manufacturers can leverage our powder metallurgy expertise and advanced technology in Soft Magnetic Composite (SMC) materials. (gknpm.com)
- Conventional electric motor designs can meet performance requirements, but typically require additional space to do so. (gknpm.com)
- New electric motor designs need to balance both performance and size specifications. (gknpm.com)
- The proposed methodology through the power outage graphics enable a quick preliminary evaluation of the power outage based on the current design status and location for any electric power systems in the Marmara region. (journaltocs.ac.uk)
- Check out EMDtool - Electric Motor Design toolbox for Matlab . (anttilehikoinen.fi)
- Need help with electric motor design or design software? (anttilehikoinen.fi)
- I'm into electric RC trucks and so far the only 2 I like are the hpi savage flux hp and the TT mt3 3G. (bigsquidrc.com)
- It's due in 2024 and will be Mercedes' last platform designed for both electric vehicles and vehicles that still feature an internal-combustion engine. (autosector.com)
- Forced ventilation with axial fans. (claypaky.it)
- Where ∇T refers to the temperature gradient, q denotes the thermal flux or heat flux, and k refers to the thermal conductivity of the material in question. (pgvcollege.com)
- There is basically no ferromagnetic material needed for the magnetic flux (experiments woth magnetic PLA from ProtoPasta show minor improvements). (laimer.ch)
- Tendeg is a 16 person (and growing) company that just moved into a new location with office space and high-bay shop space in Louisville, CO. We provide high quality and innovative aerospace engineering services, including design, analysis, prototyping, and flight unit build. (miniswimmers.co.uk)
- The Laimer Tourbillon is an innovative design with the heart beating highly visible in the core. (laimer.ch)
- Designing and creating innovative software, interacting with customers, and managing a small team of software developers was my big pleasure. (laimer.ch)
- Automotive manufacturers continue to target reduced size and weight of applications, so engineers must pack the highest efficiency in the smallest functional design. (gknpm.com)
- Made from high quality materials and components the CTX is designed to produce greater efficiency and reduce noise levels. (candrsa.com.au)
- Higher capital cost, necessitating better design and manufacturing for creating visibility in better service in addition to efficiency. (copperindia.org)
- How to compute flux linkages of a coil, using the results of 2D finite element analysis. (anttilehikoinen.fi)
- Swift Electromagnet can be used joint with Flux , for a deep electromagnetic analysis and Activate , a software used for electromagnetic, thermal and dynamics analysis. (spinmag.eu)
- This release of the multi-physics computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software includes new features to help engineers model the complexity of today's products and explore design possibilities to engineer innovation faster than ever. (3dcadworld.com)
- We analysed the data by doing an axial coding with NVivo 9 software (14). (ddw-online.com)
- 2D and 3D CAD design using AutoCAD and Inventor software. (walkersubsea.com)
- lvdt [GPa] E sg [GPa] SS3.1 13.68 13.86 SS4.1 17.71 19.20 data from lvdts (the axial lvdt measurements could be in-ﬂuenced by the platens movement), but differences are not signiﬁcant (less than 9%), which seems to indicate that data obtained by means of lvdts may be used to evaluate Young's modulus in specimens tested without strain gauges. (pgvcollege.com)
- The in-line inspection (ILI) industry has responded to this threat with crack detection technologies that are specifically designed to detect and size axially oriented SCC and other crack features. (pipeline-conference.com)
- Under these circumstances, the crack detection technologies specially designed for axially oriented cracking will not be able to accurately detect and size these features. (pipeline-conference.com)
- Supply Voltage: 8 VDC at 7 Amps for 1 minute to deploy He has designed and developed numerous commercial products including Black Diamonds undersnow breathing device, The Avalung, and holds multiple patents. (miniswimmers.co.uk)
- The design process starts with the generation of a suitable starting point. (jpier.org)
- It's by no means the ultimate axial flux design - more like the start of a process of refinement. (scoraigwind.co.uk)
- The Vulcan OmniPro 220 is a true multi-process welder with full color LCD display for professional results in MIG, Flux-core, DC TIG and DC Stick Welding. (echomasaz.pl)
- Metallurgical Characteriation of API X65 Steel oint Welded by MIG Welding Process with Axial Magnetic 1175 ield Table 1: Chemical composition of API X65 steel and filler metal (wt. (echomasaz.pl)
- Explosion proof dust collectors include an exclusive point of source dust/fume extraction swing arm attached to one of our certified explosion proof vacuum cleaners and are designed specifically to safely collect airborne combustive dust, gasses and smoke emitted directly from the point during the manufacturing process. (cleantekindia.com)
- 3]N. Bernard, H. B. Ahmed, and B. Multon, "Axial-field synchronous machine with homopolar flux in the airgap for a flywheel accumulator," Proceedings of the IEEE IAS 37th Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., 2002. (ncl.edu.tw)
- His expertise is in Machine Design, Artificial Intelligence applications to Design, Computer Aided Engineering and Renewable Energy. (upr.edu)
- Dr. Serrano is also the Director of the Special Projects Laboratory since 1991, where he supervises undergraduate design competition projects such as the Solar Powered Car, Solar Powered Boat, Formula SAE, AeroDesign, MiniBaja, Propane Challenge, SAE Walking Machine, and Human Powered Vehicles (HPV). (upr.edu)
- GKN Powder Metallurgy leads the industry in advanced press technology that enables mass production of products with complex designs and geometries. (gknpm.com)
- The reduced axial forces improve the structural stability and consequently simplify their structural design. (ed.ac.uk)
- It's a demonstration that it is very important to consider forces and material properties already when designing a mechanical object. (laimer.ch)
- The aim of the invention is to provide a linear rotation drive wherein the oscillating torques are reduced to a minimum and whose rotation drive is devoid of axial forces. (freepatentsonline.com)
- In this paper, a microstrip patch antenna designed for GSM (Global System for Mobile) applications at the frequency 0.9GHz (0.89 - 0.96 GHz), using an epoxy FR-4 substrate with an isolation constant of 4.3 and a thickness of 1.6mm and improving its radiate properties. (mosuljournals.com)
- The design of the shaft assemblies and bearings ensure there is no single point failure mode and the CRPS system therefore provides full twin engine reliability. (contraelectric.com)
- The propulsion system is designed as a direct replacement for piston driven systems in existing aircraft and as OME for new generation GA aircraft. (contraelectric.com)
- Description The Antenna System for 6/12U CubeSats design is based on the hugely successful ISISPACE deployable antenna system for 1U up to 3U CubeSats. (miniswimmers.co.uk)
- With illustrated examples throughout, the 'SAFETYBOOK' will prove to be a vital tool to assist you in the design and use of any machinery safety system. (drivesncontrols.com)
- Our fourth topic in the series drills down into the necessities of good machinery safety control system design. (drivesncontrols.com)
- CLEANTEK design and manufacturing explosion proof dust extraction system for aluminium and related explosion graded material. (cleantekindia.com)
- Products >Vertical Blenders >Vertical Blender How the Vertical Blender Works Vertical Blenders are an excellent design alternative for applications that are shear sensitive or where space on the plant floor is at a minimum The gentle blending action of the slow turning blending screw is far gentler than that of a horizontal blender. (aplikacjebiznesowe.net.pl)
- Designed with Blender. (laimer.ch)
- With Surrogate Models in Design Manager, engineers can predict the performance of thousands of variants either locally around the design of interest to analyze probability of failure, or globally across the design space to quickly create a database of performance results that can be leveraged by the simulation team. (3dcadworld.com)
- The Failure Rate of DTs varies widely - from 1% to 20% - depending upon maintenance, type of material used in manufacturing, manufacturing processes, design, and quality assurance plan. (copperindia.org)
- You will complete prerequisites for your major as well as other design core, elective and breadth studies. (edu.au)
- Axial flow fans and compressors : aerodynamic design and performance. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Livraison rapide Produits de qualité à petits prix Aliexpress : Achetez malin, vivez mieux The Bifurcated Case Axial range of fans has been specifically developed to meet the need for an axial fan which can handle atmospheres normally detrimental to the life of the fan motor. (bclnadvogados.com.br)
- SMCs are made up of pure iron particles with high electrical resistance and three-dimensional design capability. (gknpm.com)
- In the de-tailed design, many of the preliminary design features are considered xed and this leads to high dependency of the nal design on the preliminary one. (madeinsilesia.pl)
- Environmental XPRT ENERVAC SF6 Gas Servicing Cart is designed for the processing of Sulfur Hexafluoride used in high voltage metal-clad switch gear, bus ducts, accelerators, circuit breakers and transformers that are charged during normal operation with SF6 gas as a dielectric. (ifqu.de)
- The invention relates to a combination drive with a short axial length and a high magnetic capacity. (freepatentsonline.com)
- For the above-mentioned reasons, in order to diminish the volume of the existing varying speed mechanism, some designs of the varying speed mechanism employs a push-moving structure. (justia.com)
- Several numerical examples are presented to assess the effect of relevant parameters on the overall fire safety of the structure, emphasizing the effectiveness of the approach for design purposes. (scielo.br)
- In February 2001 I published another axial flux design in my PMG construction manual that is available free of charge. (scoraigwind.co.uk)
- However, the gear combination makes the volume of the existing gearbox relatively too large, and since the relatively larger volume of varying speed mechanism will cause the difficulty in the design of the vehicle in that it needs a relatively larger space to contain the existing varying speed mechanism. (justia.com)
- With powder metallurgy and SMC materials, space and weight are significantly reduced with compact design possibilities. (gknpm.com)
- Across industries and applications, CFD engineers can benefit from increased productivity through consistent use of best practices and speeding the exploration of design possibilities. (3dcadworld.com)
- To further reduce force ripple of a linear motor, a primary part has a plurality of windings sequentially arranged in an axial direction and subdivided in the axial direction into groups having an. (freepatentsonline.com)
- The resulting simulations provide unique insight and design guidance for engineers advancing new technologies. (3dcadworld.com)