Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
National Health Programs
Government Publications as Topic
Health Care Sector
Delivery of Health Care
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Health Services Accessibility
Health insurance coverage for all persons in a state or country, rather than for some subset of the population. It may extend to the unemployed as well as to the employed; to aliens as well as to citizens; for pre-existing conditions as well as for current illnesses; for mental as well as for physical conditions.
Health Care Rationing
Rural Health Services
Legislation as Topic
The containment, regulation, or restraint of costs. Costs are said to be contained when the value of resources committed to an activity is not considered excessive. This determination is frequently subjective and dependent upon the specific geographic area of the activity being measured. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
An approach to health care financing with only one source of money for paying health care providers. The scope may be national (the Canadian System), state-wide, or community-based. The payer may be a governmental unit or other entity such as an insurance company. The proposed advantages include administrative simplicity for patients and providers, and resulting significant savings in overhead costs. (From Slee and Slee, Health Care Reform Terms, 1993, p106)
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Community Health Services
World Health Organization
Decision Making, Organizational
Health Care Costs
The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.
Social Control Policies
Costs and Cost Analysis
The aggregate of various economic, political, and social policies by which an imperial power maintains or extends its control over other areas or peoples. It includes the practice of or belief in acquiring and retaining colonies. The emphasis is less on its identity as an ideological political system than on its designation in a period of history. (Webster, 3d ed; from Dr. J. Cassedy, NLM History of Medicine Division)
Public Health Practice
Advertising as Topic
An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Facility Regulation and Control
Academies and Institutes
Interviews as Topic
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Health Services Needs and Demand
Health Planning Councils
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Communicable Disease Control
Quality of Health Care
Health Plan Implementation
A parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch in southeast Asia, consisting of 11 states (West Malaysia) on the Malay Peninsula and two states (East Malaysia) on the island of BORNEO. It is also called the Federation of Malaysia. Its capital is Kuala Lumpur. Before 1963 it was the Union of Malaya. It reorganized in 1948 as the Federation of Malaya, becoming independent from British Malaya in 1957 and becoming Malaysia in 1963 as a federation of Malaya, Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore (which seceded in 1965). The form Malay- probably derives from the Tamil malay, mountain, with reference to its geography. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p715 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p329)
Reproductive Health Services
Health Services Administration
Conservation of Natural Resources
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Drug and Narcotic Control
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (U.S.)
Health Care Surveys
Community Health Planning
United States Dept. of Health and Human Services
A course or method of action selected, usually by an organization, institution, university, society, etc., from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions and positions on matters of public interest or social concern. It does not include internal policy relating to organization and administration within the corporate body, for which ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION is available.
A protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the PLASMODIUM genus: PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; PLASMODIUM OVALE; and PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus ANOPHELES. Malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands. It is characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high FEVER; SWEATING; shaking CHILLS; and ANEMIA. Malaria in ANIMALS is caused by other species of plasmodia.
Diffusion of Innovation
Cost of Illness
The personal cost of acute or chronic disease. The cost to the patient may be an economic, social, or psychological cost or personal loss to self, family, or immediate community. The cost of illness may be reflected in absenteeism, productivity, response to treatment, peace of mind, or QUALITY OF LIFE. It differs from HEALTH CARE COSTS, meaning the societal cost of providing services related to the delivery of health care, rather than personal impact on individuals.
Human Rights Abuses
Spread and adoption of inventions and techniques from one geographic area to another, from one discipline to another, or from one sector of the economy to another. For example, improvements in medical equipment may be transferred from industrial countries to developing countries, advances arising from aerospace engineering may be applied to equipment for persons with disabilities, and innovations in science arising from government research are made available to private enterprise.
Storage of cord blood attracts private-sector interest. (1/951)Storage of cord blood from their babies can cost parents several hundred dollars, and some private companies are already offering the service. Janis Hass reports that some Canadian specialists question the value of the banks. (+info)
Health expenditure and finance: who gets what? (2/951)The methods used in South Africa's first comprehensive review of health finance and expenditure are outlined. Special measures were adopted to make the process acceptable to all concerned during a period of profound political transition. The estimation of indicators of access to public sector resources for districts sorted by per capita income allowed the health care problems of disadvantaged communities to be highlighted. (+info)
Welfare gains from user charges for government health services. (3/951)The World Bank's Financing health services in developing countries emphasizes demand-side issues--highlighting user fees, insurance, and the private sector as tools for strengthening the health sector. That approach is a major departure from the focus on the supply side--public sector spending, costs, management, and efficiency--that has dominated the international health finance agenda for many years. An important set of empirical papers by Paul Gertler and his co-authors coincided with the release of the policy paper. Gertler's work has questioned a policy of greater dependence on user fees by emphasizing the potential welfare costs to consumers of higher fees for medical services. Many health professionals have adopted the jargon of this new approach without understanding the underlying analysis. This article attempts to demystify the debate that has ensued by illustrating economists' idiosyncratic approach to welfare, explaining how the policy paper and Gertler differ, and suggesting alternative approaches to testing the feasibility of the policy paper's prescriptions. (+info)
The potential of health sector non-governmental organizations: policy options. (4/951)Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have increasingly been promoted as alternative health care providers to the state, furthering the same goals but less hampered by government inefficiencies and resource constraints. However, the reality of NGO health care provision is more complex. Not only is the distinction between government and NGO providers sometimes difficult to determine because of their operational integration, but NGOs may also suffer from resource constraionts and management inefficiencies similar to those of government providers. Some registered NGOs operate as for-profit providers in practice. Policy development must reflect the strengths and weaknesses of NGOs in particular settings and should be built on NGO advantages over government in terms of resource mobilization, efficiency and/or quality. Policy development will always require a strong government presence in co-ordinating and regulating health care provision, and an NGO sector responsive to the policy goals of government. (+info)
Whose policy is it anyway? International and national influences on health policy development in Uganda. (5/951)As national resources for health decline, so dependence on international resources to finance the capital and recurrent costs is increasing. This dependence, combined with an increasing emphasis on policy-based, as opposed to project-based, lending and grant-making has been accompanied by greater involvement of international actors in the formation of national health policy. This paper explores the process of health policy development in Uganda and examines how major donors are influencing and conflicting with national policy-making bodies. Focusing on two examples of user fees and drugs policies, it argues that while the content of international prescriptions to strengthen the health system may not be bad in itself, the process by which they are applied potentially threatens national sovereignty and weakens mechanisms for ensuring accountability. It concludes by proposing that in order to increase the sustainability of policy reforms, much greater emphasis should be placed on strengthening national capacity for policy analysis and research, building up policy networks and enhancing the quality of information available to the public concerning key policy changes. (+info)
Introducing health insurance in Vietnam. (6/951)Like many other countries Vietnam is trying to reform its health care system through the introduction of social insurance. The small size of the formal sector means that the scope for compulsory payroll insurance is limited and provinces are beginning to experiment with ways of encouraging people to buy voluntary insurance. Methods of contracting between hospitals and insurance centres are being devised. These vary in complexity and there is a danger that those based on fee for service will encourage excessive treatment for those insured. It is important that the national and provincial government continue to maintain firm control over funding while also ensuring that a substantial and targeted general budget subsidy is provided for those unable to make contributions. (+info)
User charges in government health facilities in Kenya: effect on attendance and revenue. (7/951)In this paper we study demand effects of user charges in a district health care system using cross-sectional data from household and facility surveys. The effects are examined in public as well as in private health facilities. We also look briefly at the impact of fees on revenue and service quality in government facilities. During the period of cost-sharing in public clinics, attendance dropped by about 50%. This drop prompted the government to suspend the fees for approximately 20 months. Over the 7 months after suspension of fees, attendance at government health centres increased by 41%. The suspension further caused a notable movement of patients from the private sector to government health facilities. The revenue generated by user fees covered 2.4% of the recurrent health budget. Some 40% of the facilities did not spend the fee revenue they collected, mainly due to cumbersome procedures of expenditure approvals. The paper concludes with lessons from Kenya's experience with user charges. (+info)
Quality of primary outpatient services in Dar-es-Salaam: a comparison of government and voluntary providers. (8/951)This study aimed to test whether voluntary agencies provide care of better quality than that provided by government with respect to primary curative outpatient services in Dar-es-Salaam. All non-government primary services were included, and government primary facilities were randomly sampled within the three districts of the city. Details of consultations were recorded and assessed by a panel who classed consultations as adequate, inadequate but serious consequences unlikely, and consultations where deficiencies in the care could have serious consequences. Interpersonal conduct was assessed and exit interviews were conducted. The study found that government registers of non-government 'voluntary' providers actually contained a high proportion of for-profit private providers. Comparisons between facilities showed that care was better overall at voluntary providers, but that there was a high level of inadequate care at both government and non-government providers. (+info)
Federal funds futures, risk premium and monetary policy actions
Downloadable (with restrictions)! This article attempts to determine whether controlling for the time-varying risk premium would improve the ability of the federal funds futures to predict the Federal Open Market Committees (FOMC) decision regarding the direction and magnitude of changes in the federal funds target rate at different forecast horizons. This is done using an appropriate categorical dependent variable model, which is estimated using real-time monthly data covering the period from January 1994 through September 2008. Following Piazzesi and Swanson (2008), control is made for the risk premium using a number of business-cycle indicators including nonfarm payrolls, the industrial production index, the help wanted index, and a measure of the Treasury yield spread. The results indicate that accounting for the risk premium modestly improves the predictive performance of the futures rate for the longer forecast horizons. Moreover, such a control appears to alleviate the over-prediction of
On the impact of US subsidies on world cotton prices: a meta-analysis approach
Downloadable! Despite the vast literature dealing with the impact of the subsidies on world cotton prices, there is no consensus regarding the quantification of these effects. The aim of this paper is to contribute to this literature through the implementation of a meta-regression analysis. This methodology allows us to: (i) identify the main sources of heterogeneity between the primary studies, (ii) give some tracks to improve the modeling, (iii) provide a reliable quantification of the removal of subsidies on world cotton prices. Relying on the estimation of various models to derive robust results, our findings show that a withdrawal of US subsidies would increase the world cotton price by around 10%.
California officials welcome judges order on federal funds for sanctuary cities - Peoples World
California elected officials are welcoming U.S. District Court Judge William H. Orricks April 25 ruling that blocks President Trumps executive order to withhold federal funds from sanctuary cities and counties.
The author(s) shown below used Federal funds provided by the U.S. Department of Justice and prepared the following final report...
document titled The author(s) shown below used Federal funds provided by the U.S. Department of Justice and prepared the following final report: Document Title: Crime and Victimization Among Hispanic Adolescents: A Multilevel Longitudinal Study of Acculturation and Segmented Assimilation is about Urban and Civil
Patient Care - Arnprior & District Family Health Team | Helping you look after your health | A family of doctors and health...
Please bring your health card with you to each visit. You will be asked to present it when checking in with the receptionist. If you have changed your address or your telephone number, please notify the receptionist. Check the expiry date on your health card and arrange for a new one before it expires. If your address or name has changed, visit or call your local OHIP office or refer to the ministry website at www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/program/ohip/ohip_mn.html.. If your health card is lost, stolen or damaged please call the Ministrys INFO line at 1-800-664-8998. In Arnprior, you may visit the Service Ontario office at the Driver and Vehicle and Health Card Renewal Office at:100 Madawaska Boulevard, Arnprior, ON K7S 1S7. Their hours of operation are: Monday to Wednesday & Friday 8:30a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. When you receive a new health card please bring it to the clinic with you each time you attend and show the receptionist so they can update your information ...
Subsidies on Table Wine (Purchasing Power Parity) | Helgi Library
Based on a comparison of 1 countries in 2012, Portugal ranked the highest in subsidies on table wine at purchasing power parity with EUR 1.92 mil followed by and. On the other end of the scale was Portugal with EUR 1.92 mil, with EUR mil and with EUR mil.
2010 Conference Presentations
Funding for this web site content was made possible in part by a contract with Federal funds from the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health and Department of Health & Human Services under Contract number HHSN261201400004I / HHSN26100002. Additionally, funding for this web site content was made possible in part by a cooperative agreement with Federal funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Cooperative Agreement number 5NU58DP004917. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the NCI and CDC. ...
2009 Conference Presentations
Funding for this web site content was made possible in part by a contract with Federal funds from the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health and Department of Health & Human Services under Contract number HHSN261201400004I / HHSN26100002. Additionally, funding for this web site content was made possible in part by a cooperative agreement with Federal funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Cooperative Agreement number 5NU58DP004917. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the NCI and CDC. ...
Rep. Soto requests federal funds to help citrus growers - News - News Chief - Winter Haven, FL
KISSIMMEE - U.S. Rep. Darren Soto, D-Kissimmee, is one of two lead signers of a letter sent this week to Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue asking the U.S. Department of Agriculture to increase funding for orange juice purchases in Florida to $90 million.That would be twice the initial allocation from this past summer, Sotos office said in a news release. Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Gainesville, joined Soto in drafting the letter. Rep. Ross Spano, R-Dover, joined more than a dozen members of
In December 2012, the Ministry of Health launched the Citizens Health Portal, where all citizens have secure and private access to their medical records from public institutions, as well as registration information and relevant healthcare information. HIM professionals will also be key players in ensuring that the system remains secure and reassuring that the public keeps its trust in the system. Brasil has focused on creating a state-of-the-art electronic health system and national data collection of health information has grown in importance in Brasil over the last decade. The Brasilian Federal Government, through the Ministry of Health, has a bold challenge in implementing its CNS project, i.e. the National Health Card. Its goal is to have all its citizens records stored in a single national database by the end of 2015.. Initiatives like the National Health Card have encouraged new technologies, competition between organizations, and globalization of activities, and have revealed the need ...
Intervention 15640: United States of America: Renewal of tariffs and subsidies on ethanol
SXC Health Solutions Corp. Commences Exchange Offer For Shares Of National Medical Health Card Sys... ( NMHCs Board Has...
Health,... NMHCs Board Has Unanimously Recommended That NMHCs Stockholders Ac... SXCs Offer ...LISLE IL and PORT WASHINGTON NY March 31 /S...The exchange offer is scheduled to expire at 10 a.m. New York Cityti...,SXC,Health,Solutions,Corp.,Commences,Exchange,Offer,For,Shares,Of,National,Medical,Health,Card,Systems,,Inc.,medicine,medical news today,latest medical news,medical newsletters,current medical news,latest medicine news
YSR Aarogya Sri Health Card Apply online check status & download
Click on add family details and beneficiary persons names and their corresponding details and upload photo of family persons. Then submit these application and take print out of these and go to STO/APPO office and provide these documents to concerned authorities. Status of application and steps:-. One can see their status of application by getting an message to registered mobile and then go to STO/APPO office after getting message Go to official website and click on EHS site and see their application status. ...
Watertree Health Card | What Is Group B Strep?
While strep throat is commonly know, there is another form of streptococcus bacteria to be aware of--Group B. Heres what you need to know...
A freezing crunchy squeeze - The New York Times
What the Bush financial team is doing is to place virtually all the load, present and immediate future on the American taxpayer. While the LIBOR rate is approaching 7% and interest rates in other places ranges from 4-6% (not counting Brazil etc.),the 2% Federal Funds rates makes life easier for banks and investment firms who have caused this problem, while penalizing those few off us who were savers. We have a negative interest rate with current inflation of at least 5.5% (if you believe the massaged numbers from the government). - Real inflation is likely higher, but the government can still borrow at negligible rates, encouraging further fiscal irresponsibility. - After the Congress just increased the debt limit very quietly by another $900 billion or so, just like the last time,money which we do not have is being spent wildly, and the war is continuing to be paid for off budget.. Now that the market has lost almost 20% of its peak value of last October, all the stockholders have felt the ...
Keep education public under Trump - The Aggie
Trump threatens to strip funds from UC Berkeley When President Donald Trump threatened to strip federal funds from UC Berkeley last week a
Whats Wrong With the Taylor Rule? - Econlib
So, if one rejects any of these monetary measures as a reliable gauge of the Feds policy, how does one avoid the following meaningless circularity: Why were interest rates so low? Because of Greenspans expansionary monetary policy. How do we know that Greenspans policy was expansionary? Because interest rates were so low. To anchor the claim that Fed policy caused undesirably low interest rates, one must turn to Taylors estimate that the equilibrium, real Federal funds rate of two percent remained constant throughout this period. Doing so arbitrarily excludes by assumption any alternative explanation for the periods low interest rates, including the one that both Ben Bernanke and Greenspan offered. Somewhat misleadingly referred to as the global saving glut thesis, it was supported by the fact that the net inflow of savings from abroad dwarfed the Feds increase of the monetary base. In 2006 alone, that annual inflow was about $800 billion, far exceeding the mere $200 billion increase ...
Health Care Strategist
Wrong. From Carl Schramm at Forbes: In the past 15 years, despite a doubling of federal funds for biomedical R&D, the number of new drugs approved by the FDA and coming to market has decreased by nearly half - from around 40 per year in the late 1990s to a little over 20 per year since 2005. Pre-market testing to meet FDA requirements has become such a huge factor in drug development budgets that its hard for companies to even consider working on new products with limited market potential ...
California Seeks Billions from Washington
Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says he needs $6.9 billion in federal funds to keep the state afloat. Video courtesy of Fox News.
Have Your Cake And Eat It Too | Evil Speculator
The old saying goes that cant have your cake and eat it too. However that is exactly what the Federal Reserve is apparently attempting to accomplish at the moment, as chairwoman Yellen continues to assure that a rate hike is just around the corner, and this time itll absolutely be for real. Of course invariable by that date absolute economic perfection has yet to be achieved which naturally is why any meaningful hike in the federal funds rate continues to be looming just around the corner, in perpetuity.. Until recently the strategy has been to simply postpone rate hikes for the next time or to the next quarter, with only one or two actively voting FOMC token members in opposition. However now it appears that an internal rift of sorts has developed in that one side is preaching caution in a low-inflation environment while another worries over the price of delaying. So if youre worried about the value of your Dollar savings and your purchasing power swirling down the toilet bowl then this news ...
We document a strong asymmetry in the evolution of federal funds rate expectations and map this observed asymmetry into measures of monetary policy uncertainty. We show that periods of monetary policy tightening and easing are distinctly related to downside (policy rate is higher than expected) and upside (policy rate is lower than expected) uncertainty. ...
Fed slashes benchmark rate to zero
On Sunday, March 15, the Federal Reserve announced its second emergency rate cut in the past two weeks, slashing the benchmark federal funds rate by 1% to a target range of 0-0.25%-the lowest level since December 2015.
Fed signals interest rate hike firmly on the table for June | Asia Times
Then it likely would be appropriate for the committee to increase the target range for the federal funds rate in June, accorThe suggestion that a rate increase in June is firmly on the table suggests the Fed is closer to tightening monetary policy again than Wall Street had expected. The Fed lifted rates in December for the first time in nearly a decade. Read more ...
The Scariest Employment Graph Ive Seen This Year - The Atlantic
Getting these people back to work will require something more than companies returning to their pre-recession profitability. It will require new companies, new industries, new areas to invest. Twelve months ago, I would have pointed to green technology, but without a carbon price to advantage wind, solar and other alternative energies, I dont know that green jobs will thrive merely on the back of government subsidies and weatherization tax credits. The White House expects that jobs will continue to come mostly from health care, education, and government. If we dont add another industry to that trinity, were looking at a long, long job slog. ...
Cooking gas subsidy scrapped for those earning over Rs.10 lakh - news
Cooking gas consumers with taxable income of more than Rs.10 lakh per annum will no longer get benefit of the subsidy on gas cylinders, the government announced on Monday
Despite discounts, electric vehicles dont come cheap | CTV News | Autos
The reality is this: despite billions in government subsidies and cheap loans to the companies creating electric vehicles, they remain outrageously overpriced compared to the most fuel efficient gasoline-only vehicles.
Pembroke Regional Hospital Diagnostic Imaging Department X-RAY EXAMINATION OF THE KIDNEYS (I.V.P.) These examinations are done Monday to Friday by appointment only. Our booking office willcontact you with an appointment date and time. As no daycare service provisions are available, please make alternate arrangements for your children. Please make sure to bring your Health Card an ...
Has equity in government subsidy on healthcare improved in China? Evidence from the Chinas National Health Services Survey |...
This study has determined that Chinese government subsidies on healthcare have been equitably distributed in outpatient services but not yet to the inpatient services. All GHS KIs for inpatient services were positive in both urban and rural areas in 2007. This indicates that the government health subsidies were concentrated on the rich relative to their ATPs. On the other hand, GHS KIs for outpatient services were all negative in 2007, suggesting the GHS was pro-poor after adjusting for the ATP. Additionally, it has been demonstrated that the equity of GHS has improved from 2002 to 2007 in outpatient services in rural areas but not in outpatient services in urban areas nor all inpatient services in both rural and urban areas. Equity in GHS on inpatients services was not improved based on the increased KI values both in urban (KI increased by 0.4049 from 2002 to 2007) and rural areas (KI increased by 0.1292). However, in rural outpatient care, GHS was inequality-reducing as indicated by the ...
Ryan White and HIV Testing Day | TARGET Center
HRSA/HAB Policy Guidance. Ryan White agencies can turn to guidance from HRSA on use of Ryan White funds for HIV counseling of testing. Such guidance comes in the form of Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFOs) for grant recipients along with Ryan White policies and letters. The latter include Use of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Funds for HIV Diagnostics and Laboratory Tests, 07-02 and a 2/25/13 HRSA/CDC letter clarifying testing and the timely linkage to care for individuals who have received an initial positive test result ...
Grant Program Evaluation | Sample Evaluation
Name of the Organization conducting the program: ABC Pvt. Ltd., 78b Park Avenue Building, New Charles Road, Gurnee, IL. Respondents: Clients of ABC Pvt. Ltd. who attended the grant program. Details of the program: Grant Program designed to provide information related to the process of applying for the grant as well as getting the same.. Program prepared by: This grant program was designed and conducted by the team members at ABC Pvt. Ltd.. The following evaluation questions are prepared to figure out as to how useful the grant program was for the existing as well as prospective clients of the company. Please select the correct option and let us know your opinion about the program:. How well organized do you think was the grant program organized by ABC Pvt. Ltd.?. ...
Tennessee state senator charged with stealing federal funds
A Tennessee state senator has been charged with stealing more than $600,000 in federal funds received by a health care company she directed and using the money to pay for her wedding and other personal expenses, federal prosecutors said Wednesday. A criminal complaint unsealed Wednesday charges state
Crisis Pregnancy Centers Seek To Increase Political Clout, Secure Government Subsidy | Guttmacher Institute
Crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs) are not new to the American cultural landscape. For over three decades, they have provided pregnancy options counseling from an antiabortion perspective. But CPCs are relatively new to the political scene. The last few years have seen a sudden groundswell in both federal and state legislation designed to support and promote them. To date, such efforts have largely focused on two goals: securing direct or indirect government subsidies for CPCs and raising their profile and stature in the public eye.
Learning and Evaluation/Grants Impact/Fiscal Year 2013-14/Non-APG Grant Programs - Meta
This Grants Impact Analysis focuses on analyzing and summarizing the spending and outcomes of all grants funded in WMF Fiscal Year 2013-14, for the Project and Event Grants (PEG) and the Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) programs. Given this analysis coincided with a consultation on re-structuring the WMF grants programs, the Analysis of Spending was expanded to encompass across all grants programs except the Annual Plan Grants Program (i.e. PEG, IEG, TPS and Wikimania Scholarships). This report differs from previous Grant Impact Analyses by focusing on all grants funded in Fiscal Year 2013-14, rather than grants for which a report was submitted in that fiscal year. While this does imply an overlap in grants analyzed, this report is not completely duplicative. ...
Live @ 2012 Ryan White: A Few Posters | TARGET Center
Evaluator Toolbox. At a loss when contemplating whether to use ANOVA, ANCOVA, or MANOVA? Several evaluators were a bit abuzz about this poster by the Southeast AETC: a schematic guide for evaluators in selecting the most appropriate statistical tests for measuring [Ryan White] program outcomes. A HAB staffer commented that he wished he had this one when he was in graduate school. The TARGET Center will see about getting this one online to join other collections, like those from the AETC National Evaluation Center or the TARGET Centers collection (search for evaluation to find tools like an oldie-but-goodie: A Practical Guide to Evaluation and Evaluation Terms for Ryan White CARE Act Grantees). P-121: Examining the Ryan White Program Evaluators Toolbox: A Best Practice Guide To Statistical Tests ...
Sine Die! - Georgians for a Healthy Future
Both of these resolutions encouraged the restructuring of Georgias Medicaid program from its current federal-state partnership structure to a block grant program. SR 349 urged the U.S. Congress to block grant funding for Georgias Medicaid program and indigent care needs, while HR 182 provided legislative permission to the Governor and the Department of Community Health to seek per capita block grant funding for Medicaid. Shifting Medicaid to either a traditional or per capita block grant structure would result in cuts to services and beneficiaries, putting Georgias most vulnerable children, parents, elderly, and people with disabilities at risk. Check out GHFs block grant fact sheet for more information about the dangers of restructuring the Medicaid program. While resolutions are non-binding and do not impact state law, they are viewed as the official position of the General Assembly.. ...
Niger - Public Expenditure Tracking Survey : Education and Health - Main Report
The objective of the first Public Expenditure Tracking Survey (PETS) for Niger is to increase understanding of the link between public spending and service delivery at the facility level in order to contribute to improving the effectiveness and accountability in the use of public funds. Specifically, this PETS focuses on identifying the discrepancies, inefficiencies and delays in public spending execution for selected expenditures in the education and health sectors. The medium to long term goal of these PETS is to launch a process aimed at continuous improvements in public expenditure efficiency and equity by focusing on capacity building in this area in the ministries of education and health and in the Institute of National Statistics (INS). The main challenge faced by a tracking survey in a country like Niger is the availability and accuracy of records keeping. The Niger PETS highlights a general lack of systematic information recording. The quality of records in the education sector is low ...
Nederlandse Collectieve Uitgaven in Historisch Perspectief (Dutch Public Expenditure in Historical Perspective) by Frits Bos ::...
This paper discusses the development of public expenditure in the Netherlands since 1850. Why did public expenditure increase from 14% GDP in 1850, nearly 20% i
Open market operation - Wikipedia
In the United States, as of 2006, the Federal Reserve sets an interest rate target for the federal funds (overnight bank reserves) market. When the actual federal funds rate is higher than the target, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York will usually increase the money supply via a repurchase agreement (or repo), in which the Fed lends money to commercial banks. When the actual federal funds rate is less than the target, the Fed will usually decrease the money supply via a reverse repo, in which the banks purchase securities from the Fed. The Federal Reserve conducts open market operations with the objective of controlling short-term interest rates and the money supply. These operations fall into 2 categories: Dynamic open market operations are intended to change the level of reserves and the monetary base, and defensive open market operations are intended to offset movements in other factors that affect reserves and the monetary base, such as changes in Treasury deposits with ...
Watertree Health Card | May 2019 - Watertree Health Card
Limit your alcohol intake. You dont have to give up your occasional glass of wine, beer or other alcoholic beverages. Just manage your intake.. Take control of your stress. Find healthy ways to manage daily stressors and their impact. Find time to do the things that you enjoy - with friends or solo. Taking charge of stress can considerably decrease your chances of having a heart disease.. Remember, if you are on prescribed medication for diabetes, cholesterol management, high blood pressure or any of the other conditions that make you a high risk candidate for heart disease, and you need help affording your prescriptions, download a free Watertree Health Prescription Discount Card or request your card be mailed to you. It provides significant discounts on almost all recommended medications (brand and generic). Most experts agree, taking your medicines as prescribed improves overall health and wellbeing and lowers cost of health care for everyone.. By WHblogger. Updated: 5/9/19. References: The ...
Town looking to improve quality of life through block grants - News - VVdailypress.com - Victorville, CA
Among the Town of Apple Valleys many aims is to give back to its residents in ways that make a long and lasting impact on their lives. One manner in which it accomplishes that mission is through its Community Development Block Grant Program, which is made possible through funding from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).The money is allocated to improve the quality of life for local residents, including providing decent, affordable housing, a suitable living
Congress Approves Ryan White CARE Legislation | EmaxHealth
This week, both the Senate and the House of Representatives approved funding of the S.1793 Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS resources Emergency (CARE) Act through the year 2013. The legislation will provide improved healthcare for patients with HIV and AIDS.. The Ryan White Program has been serving Americans living with HIV and AIDS for nearly 20 years, said Rep. Levin. Strengthening this program will bring help to more people and maintain our commitment to HIV/AIDS patients while we continue to search for a cure.. The next step will be for President Obama to sign the act into law. There is not a specific date set for this to occur, but the Presidents Executive Office has released a Statement of Administration Policy in support of the act.. A 5% per year increase in funding was approved and will provide about $2.5 billion annually for primary medical care and support services to about 500,000 people each year, primarly those who are low-income, uninsured or under-insured.. The program first ...
One of the worst possible sequester results is a cut in federal support for childhood vaccinations - Blogs - MetroWest Daily...
Kent Sepkowitz NAILS IT:Of all the sequestration pink slips about to be handed down from Washington, the one for programs to vaccinate children seems particularly shortsighted. Sure, there are several other candidates for worst idea ever, from education cuts to defense cuts. But with childhood vaccinations, we have not only the emotional tug (our darling babies!) but also financial reality: Vaccines are one of the most cost-effective preventative strategies in health care, saving billions of dollars a year.Indeed, federal support of the vaccination of children may be the best example of well-spent federal dollars. Because any time ... Read more
One of the worst possible sequester results is a cut in federal support for childhood vaccinations - Blogs - Granite Falls...
Kent Sepkowitz NAILS IT:Of all the sequestration pink slips about to be handed down from Washington, the one for programs to vaccinate children seems particularly shortsighted. Sure, there are several other candidates for worst idea ever, from education cuts to defense cuts. But with childhood vaccinations, we have not only the emotional tug (our darling babies!) but also financial reality: Vaccines are one of the most cost-effective preventative strategies in health care, saving billions of dollars a year.Indeed, federal support of the vaccination of children may be the best example of well-spent federal dollars. Because any time ... Read more
PhD Funding in AHRC Block Grant Partnerships
Find A PhD. Search Funded AHRC Block Grant Partnerships in Public Health & Epidemiology in Falmouth. Search for PhD funding, scholarships & studentships in the UK, Europe and around the world.
PhD Funding in AHRC Block Grant Partnerships
Find A PhD. Search Funded AHRC Block Grant Partnerships in Ecology & Conservation in London. Search for PhD funding, scholarships & studentships in the UK, Europe and around the world.
Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach debate - Thursday, 28 Nov 2019
Impact of Brexit on Irelands Economy: Economic and Social Research Institute Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach debate - Thursday, 28 Nov 2019
Nobel Laureate Agrees: Federal Support for Ethanol Must End - Right Side News
Government subsidies and mandates on the agricultural sector for ethanol productions are harmful especially during a severe drought
Myanmar Public Expenditure Review: Realigning Budgets to Development Priorities
This first ever Public Expenditure Review (PER) for Myanmar tries to better understand Union Budget policies to accelerate delivery of essential public services.
Government Subsidy Charges Up German Solar Energy Storage Market - Solar Industry
Bundesverband Solarwirtschaft (BSW), the German solar industry association, announced Aug. 30 that 1,100 solar PV systems have received approval for the governments energy storage subsidy, and a further 4,800 applications are in the process of receiving approval.. According to the BSW, the energy storage subsidy, which has been available since May 1,Â provides a grant of up to EUR 600 to lower the cost of installing an energy storage component in a PV system up to 30 kW in size. The total annual budget available for the program in 2013 is reported as EUR 25 million, of which EUR 18.7 million has already been allocated.. The energy storage market in Germany will be dominated by the residential sector, with 30 MW of installations already supported by the subsidy in 2013, IHS says. Periodic decreases in FIT and continually increasing electricity prices, coupled with decreasing PV system prices, have now made it financially favorable for a homeowner to self-consume PV energy on-site rather than ...
GAO-10-533R, Federal Funds: Fiscal Years 2002-2009 Obligations, Disbursements, and Expenditures for Selected Organizations...
This is the accessible text file for GAO report number GAO-10-533R entitled Federal Funds: Fiscal Years 2002-2009 Obligations, Disbursements, and Expenditures for Selected Organizations Involved in Health-Related Activities which was released on June 16, 2010. This text file was formatted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) to be accessible to users with visual impairments, as part of a longer term project to improve GAO products accessibility. Every attempt has been made to maintain the structural and data integrity of the original printed product. Accessibility features, such as text descriptions of tables, consecutively numbered footnotes placed at the end of the file, and the text of agency comment letters, are provided but may not exactly duplicate the presentation or format of the printed version. The portable document format (PDF) file is an exact electronic replica of the printed version. We welcome your feedback. Please E-mail your comments regarding the contents or ...
City will get money to treat syphilis $710,000 more in state, local, federal funds to go into control effort - tribunedigital...
The syphilis epidemic in Baltimore is prompting city, state and federal health officials to pump nearly three-quarters of a million dollars into efforts to control the problem.Dr. Peter Beilenson,
Public Expenditure Management Volumes 1-6 Six Volumes in a Slip Case - Volume 1 Using Resources Well Sold Separately :...
Public Expenditure Management Volumes 1-6 Six Volumes in a Slip Case - Volume 1 Using Resources Well Sold Separately, 9780114300272, available at Book Depository with free delivery worldwide.
BioNews - US stem cell legislation to be introduced
New legislation to permit federal funds to be used for research on embryos, which would otherwise be destroyed following IVF, will be introduced to the US Congress.. Diana DeGette, Republican representative for Colorado, who has sponsored the bill, said: This legislation would place into statute a framework to ensure such critical research can be conducted unimpeded by political interference. If approved, the Stem Cell Research Advancement Act 2011 will seek to codify the US National Institutes of Healths (NIH) guidelines for human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research and will require the guidelines to be reviewed every three years. The Act will also prohibit the use of federal funds for human cloning techniques.. It is the third time such legislation has been considered by US politicians. Previous versions, which supporters say were similar to the current bill, were approved by Congress in 2006 and 2007 to be ultimately vetoed by former President George Bush. DeGette has called for broad ...
Record Low Mortgage Rates, A Record Low Federal Funds Rate And Obscene Economic Stimulus Spending Have All Failed - Will...
Over the past several years, the Federal Reserve and the U.S. government have tried everything that they can think of to stimulate this dead horse of an economy
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco | Federal Funds Rate, Inflation, Normalization, Economic Outlook, Monetary Policy,...
President John C. Williams delivers a speech on the current economic outlook and its implications for monetary policy to Australian Business Economists in San Francisco, CA.
Washington Hospital Center Receives $1.29 Million in Federal Funds for ER One | EHS Today
Support for the initiative, which was begun in 1999 to serve as a national resource for emergency preparedness and response, was included as part of the FY 2005 Labor-HHS appropriations bill included in the omnibus spending measure signed by President George W. Bush. Housed at Washington Hospital Center, ER One will stand as a state-of-the-art facility designed to handle an influx of critical patients
Who says scientists dont do it to get rich? Queensland climate expert in court over $500k in false expenses « JoNova
Dr Daniel Michael Alongi, 59, is accused of taking over half a million dollars in federal funds over the last seven years. The carbon sequestration, mangrove, reef, eco-expert has admitted he made false invoices to claim federal funds (Courier Mail, paywalled). He is in court on Jan 18th. The alleged sum is the rather impressive $556,000. His superannuation of $900k, and $80k in long service leave, has been frozen. (Nice work… ). Im glad his financial accounts are being audited. But far more public money is potentially hijacked thanks to scientific accounts, lets start auditing them too. When people claim a nation has warmed by 0.9 degrees we want the original receipts, not the ones they readjusted (and we need independent auditors and systematic methods, not secret instructions).. The Science has become the loophole where nearly any friend of big gov can get a hand in the treasury-bag.. There are reasons you arent allowed to pal review your tax return.. [Courier Mail] Alongi, who ...
Supervisors agree to federal funds for MLK-Harbor - latimes
Los Angeles County supervisors voiced approval Tuesday of a federal offer to extend certification of the long-troubled Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital through Aug. 15, although the deal
Child Care Market Rate Survey Project: Telephone Survey of Oregon Facilities, 2006
Starting with the Family Support Act of 1988, requirements for federal funding stipulate that child care subsidy rates be informed by market rates. In 1990 the federal government began a major investment in child care with the passage of the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990. Support of parental choice was a key component of this new block grant program that sent new money to states to support child care. Parental choice and state control of policy remained central when the program was expanded in 1996 as a part of welfare reform legislation. At that time, child care funding became known as the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF). States are required by the CCDF Final Rule to ensure that families receiving child care assistance have equal access to comparable care purchased by private-paying parents. A market rate survey (MRS) is a tool States use to achieve this program objective. Some States conduct surveys to collect the child care market rate and others use administrative ...
U.S. GAO - Ryan White CARE Act: Estimated Effect of Proposed Stop-Loss Provision in H.R. 3293 on Urban Areas
Congress asked us to estimate the effect on Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act of 1990 (CARE Act) funding to urban areas if a certain stop-loss provision is enacted. The CARE Act, administered by the Department of Health and Human Servicess (HHS) Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), was enacted to address the needs of jurisdictions, health care providers, and people with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS).
Studying the consumption and health outcomes of fiscal interventions (taxes and subsidies) on food and beverages in countries...
Background Governments use fiscal interventions (FIs) on food and beverages to encourage healthy food behaviour and positive health outcomes. The objective of this review was to study the behavioural...
PBO says reformed fiscal stabilization program to cost Ottawa $4.5 billion
OTTAWA - Canadas parliamentary budget officer says reforms to a federal support program for provinces will nearly triple the cost to Ottawa next year, with the price tag projected to be about $4.5 billion. Yves Giroux says the governments fiscal stabilization program, which transfers cash to provinces that experience steep year-over-year revenue drops, will increase by $2.9 billion in fiscal 2021-22. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a major change to the program in the governments fall economic update. The revenue-insurance plan, which has been around since 1967, will now index the cap on provincial payments to Canadas rate of GDP growth per person, a ceiling that was previously fixed at $60 per person in 1987. Alberta Premier Jason Kenney has said the overhaul does not go far enough, calling it a slap in the face, since even major declines in resource revenue might not trigger the fiscal stabilization, while a five per cent drop in non-resource revenue will. The beefed-up federal support
Assessing Local Government Revenue Raising Capacity - Regional Australia Institute
Key points. • The ratio of local government own-source revenue to GDP is about 2 per cent.. - The ratio of rates revenue (the only tax instrument of councils) to GDP decreased from 1.0 per cent to 0.9 per cent between 1990-91 and 2005-06.. • Local governments in urban areas are predominantly funded from their own sources of revenue, particularly rates, fees and charges. For most rural and remote councils, grants are also a substantial source of their revenue.. • The revenue-raising capacity of local governments depends partly on their fiscal capacity, which differs by class of local government.. - The fiscal capacity of a council is best measured as the aggregate after-tax income of its community.. • Urban developed councils tend to draw lightly of their fiscal capacities. Remote and rural councils tend to draw more heavily on their fiscal capacities.. • Analysis of the relative potential of local governments to increase their own-source revenue indicates that councils are raising ...
Info: Harry S Truman Scholarship Program - Matching Phasing (FELLOWSHIPS, SCHOLARSHIPS, TRAINEESHIPS)
A formula may be based on population, per capita income, and other statistical factors. Applicants are informed whether there are any matching requirements to be met when participating in the cost of a project. In general, the matching share represents that portion of the project costs not borne by the Federal government. Attachment F of OMB Circular No. A-102 (Office of Management and Budget) sets forth the criteria and procedures for the evaluation of matching share requirements which may be cash or in-kind contributions made by State and local governments or other agencies, institutions, private organizations, or individuals to satisfy matching requirements of Federal grants or loans. Cash contributions represent the grantees cash outlay, including the outlay of money contributed to the grantee by other public agencies, institutions, private organizations, or individuals. When authorized by Federal regulation, Federal funds received from other grants may be considered as the grantees cash ...
Who Owns Medicard? - wt amallorca
Applying for a health card in the Philippines is quite easy. You simply need to choose the service provider and sign up for any offers that suit your budget and needs. Most of them have online application for a health card. However, you can also go to the nearest office branch of the company that you selected ...
Health - Card Creations Shop
Noocube belongs to a class or drugs called Nootropics. What are nootropics? Theyre drugs which you cope up with the academic and professional pressure, by giving your brain a little boost. It strengthens the neural wiring of how your brain can perceive incoming work and increases your perseverance and endurance towards it, ensuring longer hours of working, and a much longer attention span. If needed to be explained, scientifically, nootropics are drugs which improve cognitive function, boost the memory, and the executive portions of the brain. Not only will you will be able to remember things a lot easier, you will see a much increased level of creativity in your mundane daily activities, making life a lot dull and a lot easier. Hence, nootropics are also called smart drugs. Here is Noocube reviews about important points you need to know.. ...
PAR-12-049: Cancer Education Grants Program (R25)
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts: Cancer Education Grants Program (R25) PAR-12-049. NCI
PAR-10-082: Shared Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts: Shared Instrumentation Grant Program (S10) PAR-10-082. NCRR
IMF Fiscal Monitor -- Public Expenditure Reform: Making Difficult Choices, April 2014
The Fiscal Monitor was launched in 2009 to survey and analyze the latest public finance developments, update fiscal implications of the crisis and medium-term fiscal projections, and assess policies to put public finances on a sustainable footing. It is prepared twice a year by the IMF s Fiscal Affairs Department.
Truman Parkway gets $128 million green light
The Georgia Department of Transportation board allocated $128 million for the construction of the fifth and final phase of the Truman Parkway.. This is a great Christmas present for everybody in Chatham County, said Pete Liakakis, Chatham County Commission chairman.. After the state did not grant any federal money for the project earlier this year, federal funds and state fuel-tax revenue now will be used to extend the parkway from Whitfield Avenue to Abercorn Street, just north of Holland Drive. Also approved was about $866,000 to widen an Interstate 95 exit ramp to Ga. 204.. The money originally was to fund multiple projects across the state, but those projects were not yet ready to build, said Tom Thomson, executive director of Chatham County-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission. Instead of waiting for those projects to be finalized, the federal government wanted to get the projects started in order to produce jobs as soon as possible, Thomson said.. We are the beneficiaries of a ...
MCH Title V Block Grant: Performance and Accountability
Percent of mothers who recently delivered a live birth w/ home environmental factors associated with SIDS/unexplained asphyxia. (laying baby down to sleep on side or stomach; baby sleeping with pillows, plush toys, etc; smoking allowed in home; co-sleeping ...
David Allen Ryan | David-Allen Ryan,50, who was known as Chico Ryan when he... - tribunedigital-baltimoresun
David-Allen Ryan,50, who was known as Chico Ryan when he sang and played bass with the 1950s revival group Sha Na Na, died Sunday in Boston. The cause of death was not made public.Binnie
2 Business and finance. *3 Government and politics. *4 Languages. *5 People ... Business and finance. *Human resource management (HRM, or simply HR), in the sense of personnel services in organisations ... Government and politics. *High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy (High Representative ... Haryana Roadways State Transport (HR) is the public transport unit of the Government of Haryana in India ...
Chinese economic reform
Government finances. In the pre-reform era, government was funded by profits from state-owned enterprises, much like the ... "China , ForeignAssistance.gov". www.foreignassistance.gov. Retrieved 2020-06-18.. *^ "Japan to discontinue development ... fell substantially and the government relied on a confused system of inventory taxes. Government revenues fell from 35% of GDP ... accounting for half of government revenue. The 1994 reform also increased the central government's share of revenues, ...
List of medical colleges in India
Government Sponsored Self Financing. *Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram, Kannur. Private self-financing. *Al Azhar Medical ... Government Medical College, Bettiah 2008 Bettiah Aryabhatta Knowledge University Government  Indira Gandhi Institute of ... Government Medical College, Nagpur. *Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur (run by the Nagpur Municipal Corporation) ... Colleges run by the Government of Maharashtra. *Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (run by the Government of India; exams ...
Government finance. 6,492. 6,492 Military. 9,899. 9,899 Law enforcement and crime. 7,914. 7,914 ... As the three branches of government are equal, all four leaders get mentioned under the "Government" heading in the infobox. ... There is so much money passing through the hands of the Indians, and the US Government, that they do not want to let the fairy ... Bear in mind this is the info-box for the United States of which government is just one part. Why not list the entire cabinet, ...
Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act
Ministry of Finance. January 2018.. *^ a b c "How we're putting a price on carbon pollution". Environment and Climate Change ... Government of Canada. 23 October 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2019.. *^ a b Brean, Joseph (28 June 2019). "In dissent on carbon ... Government of Canada. 28 June 2019. Retrieved 25 September 2019.. *^ Aiello, Rachel (23 October 2018). "How federal carbon tax ... The Ontario government filed an appeal of the decision with the Supreme Court of Canada on August 28, 2019. ...
Water supply and sanitation in Egypt
Financing. Investments are mostly financed by the government with the support of external donors. The private sector makes a ... In 2006 the government created a Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) Central Unit in the Ministry of Finance to promote private ... of the government's investment budget for the sector in 2009/10. According to the Ministry of Housing, government subsidies to ... It also financed water treatment plants in villages in Minya and Beni Suef Governorate as well as in Mansoura City, the capital ...
Comparison of the healthcare systems in Canada and the United States
... of healthcare spending in Canada was financed by government, versus 46% in the United States. Total government spending per ... the various levels of government spend more per capita than levels of government do in Canada. In 2004, Canada government- ... "Health Financing". Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (U.S. government). Archived from the original on ... In 2004, government funding of healthcare in Canada was equivalent to $1,893 per person. In the US, government spending per ...
Solar power in the United States
". "PACE Financing". Archived from the original on 2012-10-21. Retrieved 2012-08-14. "EIA - Electricity Data". www.eia.gov. " ... In a feed-in tariff model, the government sets the value for the electricity produced by a solar facility. If the level is ... The investigational probe was led by Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, and U.S. ... "Solar Energy Grew at a Record Pace in 2008". Apps1.eere.energy.gov. Retrieved 2012-01-31. Study: Solar Power Could Provide 10% ...
Philippine House Committee on Transportation
"RULES OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES" (PDF). congress.gov.ph. House of Representatives of the Philippines. p. 34-35. Retrieved ... Ship financing; Ship mortgage; Transportation related insurance; and Transportation safety standards. Francisco Datol Jr. ( ... "HOUSE COMMITTEES - TRANSPORTATION". congress.gov.ph. House of Representatives of the Philippines. Retrieved July 27, 2020. ...
"Financing & Reimbursement , Medicaid.gov." Medicaid.gov. Web. 5 Mar. 2012. . https://www.nhpf.org/library/issue-briefs/IB828_ ... enable the officials of the government(s) to provide their input on the mandate, and inform and educate the government(s) on ... 5 billion or more annually to state or local governments, are imposed by the federal government. A reduction in federal funding ... and to ensure that the Federal Government pays the costs incurred by those governments in complying with certain requirements ...
United States Government. Department of Justice. Islamic Charity Charged with Terrorist Financing; Former U.S. Congressman ... www.justice.gov. N.p., 16 Jan. 2008. Web. 6 June 2016. Steven, Emerson. Jihad Incorporated: A Guide to Militant Islam in the US ... Azzam wanted to use the wealth it had generated, and the network it created to help install a pure Islamic government in post- ... United States Government. Department of the Treasury. Treasury Designates Global Network, Senior Officials of IARA for ...
"timor-leste.gov.tl.. *^ a b c "Constitution of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste" (PDF). Government of Timor-Leste. ... Timor-Leste Ministry of Finance. p. 205.. *^ Gross, Max L. (14 February 2008). A Muslim Archipelago: Islam and Politics in ... "Government of Timor-Leste. 25 October 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2016.. *^ a b c d "Timor-Leste". The World Bank. Retrieved 3 May ... "Official Web Gateway to the Government of Timor-Leste. Government of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste. 2006. Archived ...
Monetarily sovereign governments issue their own currencies and do not need this income to finance spending. ... "Treasurydirect.gov. Retrieved 2014-02-03.. *^ "Country Comparison :: Public debt". cia.gov. Archived from the original on ... General government gross debt 2008 estimates rounded to one decimal place) *^ "Government Social Benefits Table". Archived from ... A government bond is a bond issued by a national government. Such bonds are most often denominated in the country's domestic ...
Alder Hey Children's Hospital
"Government Finance. Retrieved 13 February 2019.. External links. Media related to Alder Hey Children's Hospital at ... A new hospital was procured under Private Finance Initiative contract in neighbouring Springfield Park. The works, which were ...
Harvard Business School
"kwap.gov.my. Retrieved 2 February 2019.. *^ 李松. "The banker who helped build Greater Bay Area - Chinadaily.com.cn". chinadaily. ... "When Art Met Finance How Jeffrey Deitch, Citibank, and Christo created the art market as we know it". HBS Alumni. 1 August 2017 ... "Pmindia.gov.in. Retrieved March 28, 2015.. *^ "Checking in with ONE Championship - Alumni - Harvard Business School". alumni. ... Leading with Finance, taught by Mihir A. Desai, was added to the catalog in August 2016. HBS Online also created HBX Live, a ...
Gross domestic product
"Finance & Development". Finance & Development , F&D. Retrieved 2019-02-23.. *^ "Gross Domestic Product , U.S. Bureau of ... G (government spending) is the sum of government expenditures on final goods and services. It includes salaries of public ... "www.bea.gov. Retrieved 2019-02-23.. *^ Hall, Mary. "What Is Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)?". Investopedia. Retrieved 2019-02-23 ... GDP (Y) is the sum of consumption (C), investment (I), government spending (G) and net exports (X - M). ...
Stock - Yahoo! Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19. "ICU Medical - Human Connections". Icumed.com. Retrieved 2012 ... "510(k) Premarket Notification". Accessdata.fda.gov. Retrieved 2012-06-19. "Managing complications of midlines and PICCs : ... Finance - paidContent". Finance.paidcontent.org. Retrieved 2012-06-19. ICU Medicals Custom IV System Shown to Help Reduce NICU ...
Failures of water supply and sanitation systems
... for example by the government or by non-government organizations (NGOs) but have failed to meet the expected outcomes. Often ... Financing Sanitation Symposium. Frankfurt, German: KfW. "SISTEMA DE INFORMACIÓN DE AGUA Y SANEAMIENTO RURAL". SIASAR. ... UNICEF assisted the Government of India with water access by drilling thousands of wells starting in 1967 when a severe drought ... National government mapping and monitoring efforts as well as post-project monitoring by NGOs or researchers, have identified ...
"Election Financing Reports". contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 1 February 2021. v t e. ...
"Election Financing Reports". Elections BC. Retrieved 2 February 2021. "Statement of Votes - 41st Provincial General Election - ... "Honourable Katrine Conroy". news.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 19 November 2020. "2020 Provincial General Election Final Voting Results ...
"FRPC". contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 2020-11-21. "Statement of Votes - 40th Provincial General Election" (PDF ... "Election Financing Reports". Elections BC. Retrieved 17 April 2021. "2017 Provincial General Election - Statement of Votes" ( ...
Healthcare in Singapore
"Costs and Financing". Ministry of Health. Retrieved 22 October 2017. "CPF Overview". www.cpf.gov.sg. Retrieved 28 November 2018 ... In addition, financing of healthcare costs is done through a mixture of direct government subsidies, compulsory comprehensive ... and government regulation. The government regularly adjusts policies to actively regulate "the supply and prices of healthcare ... The government uses the capacity of the private sector to reduce waiting times in the public sector. In 2015 it planned to use ...
Incentives and financing; Liaising with government and municipal bodies as well as with already established investors; General ... Invest Lithuania also provides information on Lithuania's labour force, tax incentives and financing options. The agency has ...
"Election Financing Reports". Elections BC. Retrieved 4 February 2021. "Statement of Votes - 41st Provincial General Election - ... news.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 2020-04-28. "Hon. Mike Bernier". www.leg.bc.ca. Retrieved 2020-04-28. "2020 Provincial General ...
... and Finance and Government Services. In September 2006 Yap was elected by his peers to be the Chair of the BC Government Caucus ... Finance and Government Services and the Special Legislative Committee on Sustainable Aquaculture. In the Richmond-Steveston ... The purpose of the YOI is to bridge the gap between the youth and the government. At Robert Cecil Palmer Secondary's Richmond ... The purpose of the ITF was to "review key government programs to increase the number of skilled immigrants and investors in ...
She also serves as the Vice-Chair of the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services in the third and fourth ... In July 2012, Dix re-assigned her to be the Critic for ICBC and Deputy Critic for Finance. In the 2013 provincial election ... Her party formed the official opposition to a BC Liberal majority government from 2009 to 2017 during which time she served as ... After the BC Liberals lost a confidence vote and the BC NDP formed the minority government, the new Premier, John Horgan, ...
Benjamin Strong Jr.
online Strong, Benjamin (1917). "Financing Government Loans". The North American Review. 206 (743): 542-49. JSTOR 25121655. ... Strong gradually recognized the importance of open market operation, or the purchases and sales of government securities, as a ... Ahamed, Liaquat, Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World, Penguin Books, 2009.ISBN 978-1-59420-182-0 Cargill, Thomas ... Thus, he began the Federal Reserve's practice of buying and selling government securities as monetary policy. John Maynard ...
"Election Financing Reports". contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 1 February 2021. "Statement of Votes - 40th ... "Election Financing Reports". contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 1 February 2021. "2017 Provincial General Election ...
"Election Financing Reports". contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 2 February 2021. "Statement of Votes - 41st ... "Election Financing Reports". contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 2 February 2021. "Statement of Votes - 40th ... In the August 2009 Throne Speech the BC government committed to striking a task force on the topic of species-at-risk, but with ... The bill was granted first reading on May 8, 2006 but without the government support the bill was not adopted. However, a year ...
North Island (provincial electoral district)
"FRPC". contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved 15 January 2021. "Statement of Votes - 40th Provincial General Election ... "Election Financing Reports". Elections BC. Retrieved 2 February 2021. "2017 Provincial General Election - Statement of Votes" ( ...
Commander Operations (Royal Navy)
finance. and resources. *Finance Director (Navy)- *Assistant Chief of Staff Resources and Plans ... "data.gov.uk. MOD, 31 March 2016. Archived from the original on 8 August 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2017.. ...
Government and infrastructure. Local government. Baytown has a council-manager form of government. Rick Davis ... Finance/insurance/. real estate. 6% Agriculture/forestry/. fishing/hunting/mining. 4% Public administration. 4% ... Wanda Garner Cash, open government advocate and former publisher of The Baytown Sun ...
Holy Roman Empire
When Frederick III needed the dukes to finance a war against Hungary in 1486, and at the same time had his son (later ... other historic member states of the Holy Roman Empire were either dissolved or have adopted republican systems of government. ... Earlier, the Empire's strength (and finances) greatly relied on the Empire's own lands, the so-called Reichsgut, which always ...
The Barton Government which came to power after the first elections to the Commonwealth parliament in 1901 was formed by the ... In addition to the protection of rights, SEWA educates, mobilizes, finances, and exalts their members' trades. Multiple ... In the United States, trade unions were formed based on power with the people, not over the people like the government at the ... In the Nordic System of labour market regulation, the government's legislative role is limited in the same way as in the Anglo- ...
Liquefied natural gas
The first large scale liquefaction of natural gas in the U.S. was in 1918 when the U.S. government liquefied natural gas as a ... Base load (large scale, ,1 MTPA) LNG projects require natural gas reserves, buyers and financing. Using proven ... "India trucking into gas age as govt clears norms for LNG stations". Archived from the original on 27 August 2017. Retrieved 27 ... For 2005 as the official energy statistics of the US Government.. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-05-23. ...
Establishing the new government: 1975Edit. Pol Pot's government held its early meetings in the Silver Pagoda, which later ... they moved their headquarters to the former Finance Ministry building. The party leadership soon held a meeting at the ... Although Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge remained the de facto government, initially the formal government was the GRUNK coalition ... anti-government student protests turned into riots, at which Sihanouk dismissed the Sangkum government, called new elections, ...
"flsenate.gov.. *^ The I.I.I. Insurance Fact Book 2008. 2008. p. 85. ISBN 9780932387530. . Retrieved 2014-01-02.. ... Economics, financing. and valuation. *Asset-based lending. *Capitalization rate. *Effective gross income ...
"Kurdistan Regional Government. Kurdistan Regional Government. Retrieved 16 February 2015.. *^ Historical Dictionary of the ... "General Assembly Recognizes 21 March as International Day of Nowruz, Also Changes to 23-24 March Dialogue on Financing for ... Turkish government renamed the holiday Nevroz in 1995. In the recent years, limitations on expressions of Kurdish national ... Following the 1979 Revolution, some radical elements from the Islamic government attempted to suppress Nowruz, but failed ...
"Townshipoftabernacle-nj.gov. 1929-07-12. Retrieved 2016-07-30.. *^ a b Dave Hart; John Calu. "The Lost Mission of Captain ... The goodwill flight was partially financed by Charles Lindbergh who contributed $1200 to help finance the flight. The ... These items were eventually turned over to the airman's family. The Mexican government rewarded John Carr with $500 for ...
Minister for Industrial Relations (Australia)
In the Government of Australia, the minister administers this portfolio through the Attorney-General's Department. ... https://www.pmc.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/morrison-ministry-announced-260818.pdf ...
"CMS.hhs.gov" (PDF). hhs.gov. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 28, 2008. Retrieved December 4, 2007.. ... Kaiser Family Foundation - Substantial resources on Medicaid including federal eligibility requirements, benefits, financing ... "www.medicaid.gov. Retrieved April 12, 2018.. *^ a b Antonisse, Larisa; Aug 15, Madeline Guth Published; 2019 (August 15, 2019 ... "Healthcare.gov. Retrieved January 9, 2019.. *^ a b c "Eligibility". ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: R5 - Regional Government Analysis JEL: R50 - Geral. JEL: R51 - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies. JEL: R52 - Land Use ... JEL: H51 - Government Expenditures and Health. JEL: H52 - Government Expenditures and Education. JEL: H53 - Government ... JEL: G28 - Government Policy and Regulation. JEL: G29 - Outros. JEL: G3 - Corporate finance and Governance ... JEL: I22 - Educational finance. JEL: I23 - Higher Education Research Institutions. JEL: I28 - Government Policy. JEL: I29 - ...
Healthcare in Brazil
... is a constitutional right. It is provided by both private and government institutions. The Health ... International foundations also provide direct financing for projects or individuals. Brazil is also engaged in an intense ... The federal government supplies technical support and transfers funding through Piso de Atenção Básica. Disease prevention and ... Primary healthcare remains the responsibility of the federal government, elements of which (such as the operation of hospitals ...
Film Finance Corporation Australia Limited & Kaufmann Productions; WGBH. 2007.. *^ Hochner, B. (2012). "An Embodied View of ... "Itis.gov. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2014.. *^ a b "Coleoidea - Recent cephalopods". Mikko's Phylogeny Archive.. ...
Legal, credentialing and financing frameworks are established by individual governments, augmented on occasion by international ... "Archive.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 21 Apr 2012.. *^ Madigan M, Martinko J, eds. (2006). Brock Biology of Microorganisms (11th ed ... or who may be covered by care financed by the government or tribe directly. ... rise to the development of systematic nursing and hospitals and the Catholic Church today remains the largest non-government ...
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
1.1 billion for financing and €1.3 billion to resolve old bad loans. The German federal government and the states of Berlin and ... FinancingEdit. By 2009 the construction cost was budgeted at €2.83 billion. FBB raised the financing for the project by a ... Government useEdit. The air transport wing of the German Defence Ministry (Flugbereitschaft) responsible for government flights ... which leaves the entire finance planning in jeopardy. At the end of August 2018 Berlin's head of finance, Mr. Kollatz, made ...
Women's education in the United States
"Nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 2011-04-18.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y "Claiming Their Citizenship: African ... The "self-support" that these women engaged in to help finance their education became a widely accepted necessity. Both men and ... Government action. In 1848 the Seneca Falls Convention was held in New York to gain support for education and suffrage ... Participation in student government trained women "early to become leaders later." One study showed that in 1935, 62 ...
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said he would miss a well-wisher. "In his death, I have lost a great well-wisher, and the ... Under his leadership, the Left Front government focused on land reforms in the state; it instituted a panchayati raj system ... However, the CPI(M) Politburo decided not to participate in the government, a decision that Jyoti Basu later termed a historic ... Karat, who influenced the CPI-M to block Basu from taking charge of the United Front government in 1996, said that the former ...
... is standard in finance and economics. Compound interest may be contrasted with simple interest, where ... The interest on corporate bonds and government bonds is usually payable twice yearly. The amount of interest paid (each six ... US and Canadian T-Bills (short term Government debt) have a different convention. Their interest is calculated on a discount ... https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/articles/finance/compound-interest-formula.php *^ This article incorporates text from a ...
North-South divide in the United Kingdom
Government spending per person on drivers of growth such as transport, infrastructure and R&D, which is far higher in the South ... "Public sector finances: views from the inside". Archived from the original on 22 June 2011.. ... Government expenditure per person, which is higher (both in gross terms and relative to tax revenues), in the North than the ... During the 1980s, Labour councils in the North were often openly dismissive of any orders from the Thatcher government. ...
Barbados-United States relations
The U.S. Government has been represented on Barbados since 1923. From 1956 to 1978, the United States operated a chemical ... The summit strengthened the basis for regional cooperation on justice and counter narcotics issues, finance and development, ... Government Parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy; a Commonwealth realm. Federal presidential republic ... The United States has supported the government's efforts to expand the country's economic base and to provide a higher standard ...
The condottiere Facino Cane was born in Casale Monferrato and he participated, financed by the duke of Milan Gian Galeazzo ...
End This Depression Now!
Gordon wrote, "The government under Bush and Obama has spent a great deal of money; but, on Krugman's own showing, the economy ... Finance books. *W. W. Norton & Company books. Hidden categories: *Pages to import images to Wikidata ... He cites the growth of government spending and economic regulations as the U.S. began in its involvement in World War II as key ... But the essential point is that what we really need to get out of this current depression is another burst of government ...
Dresden Generating Station
"Nrc.gov. Archived from the original on 2006-10-02. Retrieved 2012-08-17.. ... is the first privately financed nuclear power plant built in the United States. Dresden 1 was activated in 1960 and retired in ... https://www.nrc.gov/info-finder/decommissioning/power-reactor/dresden-nuclear-power-station-unit-1.html ... http://www.eia.gov/cneaf/nuclear/state_profiles/illinois/il.html#_ftn4 ...
East New York, Brooklyn
nyc.gov. NYC Health. 2018. Retrieved March 2, 2019.. *^ a b "2016-2018 Community Health Assessment and Community Health ... most of these 1000 FHA foreclosed were torn down and replaced with new construction and much later some privately financed ... nyc.gov. New York City Department of City Planning. November 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 6, 2010. Retrieved ... nyc.gov. New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development. Retrieved November 16, 2015.. CS1 maint: multiple ...
Baháʼí Faith by country
"2001-2009.state.gov. Retrieved 2020-11-19.. *^ "Adherents.com: Largest Baha'i Communities as reported by Simeon Kohlman Rabbani ... Republic of Mauritius, Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (October 2012), 2011 Housing and Population Census (PDF), ... Sources on numbers of Baháʼís by country include official government censuses, self-reported Baháʼí data, and estimates from ... Pennsylvania State University: U.S. Government Printing Office. p. 89. ISBN 9780160772580. .. ...
Corruption in Malaysia
Political and Campaign Financing: Donations (e.g.: USD700Million) from both corporations and individuals to political parties ... "Government Directory: Prime Minister's Department". Office of the Prime Minister of Malaysia. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 28 July ... Despite periodic actions by the government to crack down on petty corruption in the Immigration Department, bribe-taking and ... The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) is a government agency in Malaysia that investigates and prosecutes corruption ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Alipore: Bengal Government Press.. *. Government of Bengal (1940c). Report of the Land Revenue Commission, Vol. VI (PDF). ... Military buildup and financing sparked war-time inflation, while land was appropriated from thousands of Bengalis. Following ... New Delhi: Manager of Publications, Government of India Press.. *. Government of Bengal (1940b). Report of the Land Revenue ... "On 29 November 1941 the central government conferred, by notification, concurrent powers on the provincial governments under ...
Presbyterian Church in the United States of America
These themes were later expounded upon in The Fundamentals, a series of essays financed by wealthy Presbyterians Milton and ... The Westminster Confession was modified to bring its teaching on civil government in line with American practices. ... The church's constitution consisted of the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms, the Form of Government (adapted from ... which called for Presbyterians to support the Constitution and Federal Government of the United States. ...
Maine.gov: Education: Financing
Maine.gov - Official site includes links to services available online, Governor, state agencies, Legislature, US Congressional ... Financing Education. Financing Education. Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) FAME is an independent state agency that develops ... and administers programs related to the financing of both higher education and business in the State of Maine. Find out the ...
Pay Gov Information | Finance | CDC
Pay.Gov, an Internet method to collect debts owed to them. ... Find out more about the electronic government collections ... has implemented the use of an electronic government collections system called Pay.Gov. Pay.Gov offers the federal government an ... Direct Links to Pay.Gov Forms. *Pay.Gov Main Websiteexternal icon ... Pay.Gov. *CDC Conference Reportsplus icon*FY 2020 Report on CDC ... Pay.Gov allows customers multiple ways to settle their CDC debt. Instead of mailing checks, customers can make payments online ...
Financing housing through government-sponsored enterprises
... housing finance and then provide background information about the housing GSEs and their relationship to the federal government ... The GSEs importance to the financial markets, coupled with their special relationship with the government, raises concerns ... and the Federal Home Loan Bank System-were created to improve the availability of home mortgage financing by supplementing ... special relationship with the federal government. ; This article examines the economic issues arising from the provision of ...
Government Finance Statistics Manual 2001 - Google Books
It is intended as a reference volume for compilers of government finance statistics, fiscal analysts, and other users of fiscal ... The Manual introduces accrual accounting, balance sheets, and complete coverage of government economic and financial activities ... Finance_Statistics_Manual_200.html?id=RZW9AnQMOt8C&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareGovernment Finance Statistics Manual 2001. ... It is intended as a reference volume for compilers of government finance statistics, fiscal analysts, and other users of fiscal ...
Governments Experiment With Risk-Free Financing
... Massachusetts may be the first state to use social impact bonds, a unique model ... But what if there were a different financing model, one that pumps dollars into social programs the government can monitor over ... A government agency signs off and oversees the progress. If the program meets its benchmarks, the government refunds the ... In theory, the government wins either way. If the program succeeds, the government saves money. (Reducing recidivism, for ...
Finance inDepth | NCD.gov
Finance inBrief | NCD.gov
This program is financed jointly by federal and state governments. The federal government contributes matching payments to ... Finance and Budget. Public financing for the supports and programs for people with intellectual disabilities and developmental ... For more information about finance issues, see subsequent parts of Section 5 of the Deinstitutionalization Toolkit:. *FINANCE ... Financing of services in the community is one of the most highly political aspects of deinstitutionalization. As state budgets ...
Governments Still Financing Coal Plants Abroad in 2018 | NRDC
Governments Still Financing Coal Plants Abroad in 2018. July 11, 2018 Han Chen ... Halfway through 2018, only one major coal power project has reached financial close with support from government financing. In ... There are also proposed coal power projects that are slated to receive public financing from government-backed multilateral ... The project has already secured financing from ICBC and is seeking public financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB). ...
HPC Administration and Finance Committee | Mass.gov
Thanks, your survey has been submitted to the Mass.gov team!. If you would like to continue helping us improve Mass.gov, join ... What other feedback do you have about Mass.gov? (Optional). If we have additional questions about your feedback, can we contact ... HPC Administration and Finance Committee The HPCs Board is divided into three standing committees, organized around specific ... Are you using Mass.gov for professional or personal reasons? * required Personal. ...
Good-government groups against (this) public finance
... www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2014/03/8542852/public-campaign-finance-limited-comptroller,only for the state ... are urging lawmakers to reject a compromise in this years state budget that would create a system of public campaign finance , ... p,ALBANY-Six major good-government advocacy groups ... Good-government groups against (this) public finance By JIMMY ... All of our groups believe that such a limited public financing system fails to address Albanys culture of corruption that has ...
Government Loan Programs | Business Financing News
Government loan programs: Your key to non-standard credit-scored funding.. Government loan programs, specifically the Small ... Government loan programs exist because they understand the importance of the small business to the US economy, and so the more ... Finance receivables and augment working capital • Refinance existing debt (for compelling credit reasons of benefit to the ... These loan programs work because the government secures the loan by guaranteeing a certain percentage of the loan, so that ...
Government Finance Statistics
... finance, government expenditures, government revenues, international economics, local government, national debt, nations, ... central government Social Security Funds, (5) state or province governments, (6) local governments, and (7) general governments ... central government Social Security Funds, (5) state or province governments, (6) local governments, and (7) general governments ... central government budgetary accounts, (2) central government consolidated accounts, (3) central government extra budgetary ...
Finance Corporation of Nicaragua | Nicaraguan government | Britannica.com
... been dominated by the government-owned Finance Corporation of Nicaragua, an amalgamation of the countrys banks established in ... In Nicaragua: Finance. …been dominated by the government-owned Finance Corporation of Nicaragua, an amalgamation of the ... Finance Corporation of Nicaragua. Nicaraguan government. THIS IS A DIRECTORY PAGE. Britannica does not currently have an ...
Articles about United States Government Employees Finances - latimes
Find breaking news, commentary, and archival information about United States Government Employees Finances From The latimes ... They made it through the holidays all right, annoyed that the second government shutdown in two months had put a dent in ... They made it through the holidays all right, annoyed that the second government shutdown in two months had put a dent in ... Shutdown Creates Personal Budget Crises for Thousands of Government Employees. January 5, 1996 , FAYE FIORE, TIMES STAFF WRITER ...
Government Finance Officers Association
2018 Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. 203 N. LaSalle Street - Suite 2700 , Chicago, IL ... governments need to be aware of what these changes in the market landscape mean for state and local governments. It is also ... or citizen behavior governments. In addition, speakers will highlight key impacts that governments can expect from the South ... While government adoption of this technology has been limited thus far, it holds much promise for the future. This session will ...
Blogs Category - Financing | The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov
Financing Your Expanding Business with the SBA If your business is part of the small minority of businesses who successfully ... 6 Options for Financing Your Small Business Marketing Plan According to LegalZoom, small businesses spend up to 50 percent of ... Three Popular Start-Up Financing Options Thinking about starting a business? Recent studies and reports have shown that ... Looking to start or grow your high-tech entrepreneurial venture? Need financing to help fund research and development (R&D) ...
Citations of What Has Financed Government Debt?
Horizons over which debt innovations are financed are long---on the order of 50 years or more. ... show that small VAR models of fiscal policy may not be invertible and that expanding the information set to include government ... Antje Berndt & Hanno Lustig & Sevin Yeltekin, "undated". "How does the U.S. government finance fiscal shocks?," GSIA Working ... Antje Berndt & Hanno Lustig & Sevin Yeltekin, "undated". "How does the U.S. government finance fiscal shocks?," GSIA Working ...
Accountant | Government Finance Officers Association
2018 Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. 203 N. LaSalle Street - Suite 2700 , Chicago, IL ... The Accountant represents the Finance Department with a commitment to reflect excellence and professionalism in contact with ... Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field, 1 - 2 years of previous experience, or an equivalent ... Assists in the development and documentation of accounting and finance policies and procedures. • Designs, prepares, and ...
Financing the SBA Way | The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov
If you own a small business, are thinking of starting your own company and are confused by grants and means of finance, this ... Attendees will: Develop a clear understanding of grants and finances for those starting a business. Learn the whys and hows ... Learn the whys and hows of financing a business from the U.S. Small Business Administration. ... of financing a business from the U.S. Small Business Administration. ...
CBO: Rising Interest Rates Would Increasingly Pressure Government Finances - WSJ
Government finance - Topical coverage at The Spokesman-Review
Stories tagged: Government finance. *. Tue., Oct. 23, 2012, 7:04 a.m. ... Local governments try to cut costs via efficiency MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) - In some places, its as simple as pulling the plug on ... WASHINGTON (AP) - Congress is moving to quash the threat of a government shutdown, but the prospect of a one-two punch of tax ... LOS ANGELES (AP) - California voters are being asked to starve unions of the tens of millions of dollars they use to finance ...
Government Action Needed for Cameron's Social Finance Plan
Britain could become the world leader in social finance if the Government can allay the fear of regulation that risks ... The Government must act to review City regulations to counter widespread myths that are holding back the expansion of social ... It urges Government and social investors to improve awareness of social investment opportunities and share expertise to help ... and regulations covering social investments prevent banks and other investors from developing schemes that effectively finance ...
Education: Govt to create higher education financing agency - Rediff.com Business
Entrepreneurship, education and training will be provided in 2,200 colleges, 300 schools, 500 government ITIs and 50 vocational ... Govt to create higher education financing agency. March 02, 2016 20:21 IST ... The government is focused on improving the literacy rate and the quality of education in the country along with focus on skill ... Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) to be set-up with initial capital base of Rs 1000 crore which will leverage funds from ...
CPSUs are covered under 'govt agencies': Finance Ministry - The Economic Times
... government agencies, in an earlier order regarding government contracts, it said on Friday. ... The finance ministry has clarified that Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs) were also covered under the term ... Finance Ministry not considering calamity cess on GST. Finance Ministry to levy 1% late payment interest on government e- ... Finance Ministry not considering calamity cess on GST. *Finance Ministry to levy 1% late payment interest on government e- ...
13 horses die in Nevada roundup ordered by government - AOL Finance
The Impact of Pension Funding on State Government Finances | Urban Institute
Accountant - Accounts Payable | Government Finance Officers Association
2018 Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. 203 N. LaSalle Street - Suite 2700 , Chicago, IL ... The City of Anaheim Finance Department seeks a dynamic and customer service oriented Accountant to manage the Citys Accounts ... Coordinate the retention and management of financial accounting files and documents; maintain an inventory of finance and ... finance, business administration, public administration, or a related field. Ideal candidates will have supervisory experience ...
5501.2 - Local Government Finance, Victoria, 1999-2000
Further details can be found in Local Government Finance, Victoria (cat. no. 5501.2) available from ABS bookshops. The main ... The answer to that and other questions can be found in Local Government Finance, Victoria, a publication released today by the ... In 1999-2000, local government spent $360.6 million (m) on local roads. Almost two-thirds of that amount was spent on ... How does local government in Victoria allocate its funds? ... 3,221.6m for all local government in Victoria. Outlays for the ...
Australian Government Charging Framework | Department of Finance
RMG-302 Austalian Government Charging Framework and RMG-304 Australian Government Cost Recovery Guidelines are available under ... The Charging Framework covers activities where the government charges the non-government sector for a specific government ... Australian Government Organisations Register * Australian Government Organisations Register - Guide to Fields * Australian ... RMG-302 Austalian Government Charging Framework and RMG-304 Australian Government Cost Recovery Guidelines are available under ...
Director, Assistant Comptroller | Government Finance Officers Association
2018 Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. 203 N. LaSalle Street - Suite 2700 , Chicago, IL ... in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of ten years of responsible management experience in a Finance environment in accounting ... Responsible for monitoring and training property management companies on record keeping, finance, and accounting policies and ...
201720182020Debt2016ExpenditureCountry'sTaxationOfficers AssociationStatistics on local government financesGFOAChina'sEntitiesBondsMunicipalitiesBankingMultilateral institutionsEconomicsExim.gov2019FederalFinancialLocal Government FinanceState and localProcurementEconomyFiscalBusinessMinister of FinaRevenuesOfficialsHelp us improve GOV.UKRegulationEconomicGovernment'sTypicallyIntroducesDepartmentCentreAssociation'sMunicipalInitiativeServicesQuarterlyInvokeNewsTaxesGross Fixed CapBudgetInvestmentsFundsOwes8624Public finance
- See our overview of coal power projects that secured public financing in 2017 in this earlier blog . (nrdc.org)
- The portion of China's debt that is owed by the government declined to the equivalent of 36.2 percent of annual economic output at the end of 2017, down 0.5 percentage points from a year earlier, according to Xiao. (wnem.com)
- Presentation to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and the Federal Banking Agencies, "Customer Identification and Due Diligence for Bank-Affiliated Premium Finance Companies" (December 11, 2017). (fincen.gov)
- As of June 2018, there were roughly 58 gigawatts (GW) of proposed overseas coal power stations that are likely to receive public financing from government financial institutions. (nrdc.org)
- Halfway through 2018, only one major coal power project has reached financial close with support from government financing. (nrdc.org)
- An abolition of the tax starting from 2018 looks hard to finance as it would cost the federal government nearly 80 billion euros over the next four years. (reuters.com)
- California Gov. Jerry Brown delivers his annual State of the State address before a joint session of the Legislature, Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018, in Sacramento, Calif. This is the 16th and final State of the State address Brown will give as governor, having served two terms starting in 1975 and returning for two more in 2011. (mercurynews.com)
- Ford's government threatened to use the notwithstanding clause in 2018 over plans to cut the number Toronto city council seats but did not proceed because of how the court process on the matter unfolded. (globalnews.ca)
- The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. (charityjob.co.uk)
- Finance Minister Tito Mboweni told lawmakers in Cape Town on Tuesday that Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd. will get 26 billion rand ($1.9 billion) this financial year and 33 billion in 2020-21 to help it remain solvent. (iol.co.za)
- The Government needs $73 million to bridge the funding in the funds needed to fight malaria between 2020 and 2024, The New Times can reveal. (allafrica.com)
- The Rwanda National Strategic Plan 2020-2024 to fight malaria drawn up in June this year indicates that although the implementation requires Rwf295bn ($280 million), the government already has funding commitment to the tune of $206.8m (equivalent to 74 per cent). (allafrica.com)
- The importance of commissioning for outcomes, covering the 2020 PST Research project on this and why and how government should move to commissioning outcomes. (smi-online.co.uk)
- general government final consumption expenditure increased by $2,823m or 2.9% and is expected to contribute 0.6 percentage points to the change in GDP in June quarter 2020. (abs.gov.au)
- Fast Start Finance is helping to prepare for the long-term goal of developed countries mobilising $100 billion a year for climate change by 2020 from a variety of sources. (www.gov.uk)
- The government has agreed to introduce a tiered levy on sugary soft drinks and reduce overall sugar content in food by 20% by 2020. (publicfinance.co.uk)
- Pay.Gov allows customers multiple ways to settle their CDC debt. (cdc.gov)
- Citations of What Has Financed Government Debt? (repec.org)
- Should Government Undertake Collateral for Cooperative Debt Financing? (ozon.ru)
- cooperatives use more debt finance from bank through the collateral of government. (ozon.ru)
- As the sector provides a means of subsistence to 85 percent of the population and significant proportion of foreign earning, the government should continue to undertake the collateral for cooperatives debt financing. (ozon.ru)
- Since 2016, the federal government is barred from taking on new net debt exceeding 0.35 percent of overall national output. (reuters.com)
- With $17 Trillion in debt, the government owes 6 times as much as it brings in. (deseretnews.com)
- The program allowed local governments - 10% of all the country's municipalities - to amass such debt that the national government had to bail them out, paying the Panamanian investment firm Carrasquilla co-founded to do so. (colombiareports.com)
- It publishes articles in the forefront of the public finance profession, touching on topics such as fiscal first aid, performance measurement and management, new accounting and auditing standards, strategic budgeting, groundbreaking technology for government finance, innovations in public investing and debt management, and the expanding role of the government finance officer in areas such as economic development and financial sustainability. (wikipedia.org)
- This helps to support central government finances, reduce the borrowing requirement compared with the previous forecast and dampen the debt increase resulting from the pandemic. (yahoo.com)
- The Swedish National Debt Office's new forecast shows a central government budget deficit of SEK 256 billion this year, an improvement in the budget balance by SEK 146 billion over the previous forecast from May. (yahoo.com)
- The reduced deficit means the Debt Office is lowering borrowing and that central government debt is not expected to increase as much as previously forecast. (yahoo.com)
- The central government debt was SEK 1,113 billion at the end of 2019, corresponding to 22 per cent as a share of GDP - the lowest level since the middle of the 1970s. (yahoo.com)
- Its main fiscal objective is to ensure sustainable finances by containing the budget deficit and stabilising public debt. (www.gov.za)
- BEIJING (AP) - China's finance minister sought Wednesday to defuse concern over the country's rising debt, saying government borrowing is below danger levels and regulators can prevent financial system risks. (wnem.com)
- Xiao Jie's comments follow Beijing's criticism last year of global rating agencies that cut its credit rating due to China's total government and corporate debt burden. (wnem.com)
- The Moody's and Standard & Poor's agencies cited total corporate, household and government debt in cutting Beijing's sovereign credit rating last year. (wnem.com)
- The group is calling for governments to disclose all interim but relevant information, such as an approved fiscal year budget and tax receipts, as well as clearly report any long-term debt obligations. (governing.com)
- The present value of taxes, plus the present value of newly-printed money (seigniorage) , equals the present value of government spending, plus the existing debt. (typepad.com)
- Why do governments pay interest on their debt? (typepad.com)
- Why finance government deficits with interest-paying debt, when you could use non-interest-paying currency? (typepad.com)
- If you cut the interest rate on government debt, will people sell it back to the government for money, spend the money, and cause inflation? (typepad.com)
- So there's a free lunch from cutting the interest rate on government debt. (typepad.com)
- Now suppose the real rate of interest on government debt is below the real growth rate of the economy. (typepad.com)
- c) Net debt equals the sum of deposits held, government securities, loans and other borrowing, minus the sum of cash and deposits, advances paid, and investments, loans and placements. (financeminister.gov.au)
- The net debt of the General Government sector is $161,253 million at 31 August 2013. (financeminister.gov.au)
- Title 31 Money and Finance covers the Budget, the Fiscal Process and Program Information including appropriations and appropriations accounting as well as public debt including the borrowing authority in relation to the public debt limit, General duties of the Secretary of the Treasury, Audits by agencies, Federal payments to State and Local Governments, and more. (gpo.gov)
- The government proposes to make 100 Model career centres operational by the end of 2016-17 and inter-link State Employment Exchanges with the National Career Service platform. (rediff.com)
- Letter to Director Jennifer Shasky Calvery, "Request for an Advisory Opinion regarding the applicability of customer identification program and customer due diligence requirements to insurance premium finance loans," American Bankers Association (March 3, 2016). (fincen.gov)
- The key figures shown include Government Final Consumption Expenditure for total general government and Gross Fixed Capital Formation for total general government and total public corporations, seasonally adjusted in current prices and chain volume terms. (abs.gov.au)
- In seasonally adjusted chain volume terms, total general government final consumption expenditure increased by 2.7% in December quarter 2005. (abs.gov.au)
- The statistics on local government finances describe data on municipalities' and joint municipal authorities' income and expenditure, investments, financing, assets and liabilities. (stat.fi)
- When you get to the point that Aggregate Demand is high enough, so you start to worry about inflation, you use taxes to finance past, present, or future government expenditure precisely because you don't want to print more money and make inflation higher. (typepad.com)
- In drafting the annual budget the government is restricted to the expenditure framework approved by the Althingi in its fiscal strategy for the 34 expenditure areas. (government.is)
- been dominated by the government-owned Finance Corporation of Nicaragua , an amalgamation of the country's banks established in 1980, but by the early 21st century, several private banks and microfinance institutions had been established. (britannica.com)
- Merkel wants to have an agreement in principle by Nov. 16 on moving ahead to formal coalition negotiations to form a black-yellow-green government - also dubbed Jamaica coalition because the parties' colors match those of the country's flag. (reuters.com)
- National Treasury's legislative mandate is based on section 216(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa of 1996, which calls for the establishment of a national treasury to ensure transparency, accountability and sound financial controls in the management of the country's public finances. (www.gov.za)
- Finally, adequate powers of taxation need to be accorded to local government and this requires careful consideration of the types of taxes most suited to local government. (clgf.org.uk)
- The Government Finance Officers Association (or GFOA) is a professional association of approximately 19,000 state, provincial, and local government finance officers in the United States and Canada. (wikipedia.org)
- In June 1932, the name became the Municipal Finance Officers Association (MFOA). (wikipedia.org)
- The name Government Finance Officers Association was adopted in April 1984. (wikipedia.org)
- Past winners of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada are not eligible to apply. (unigo.com)
- The winner, if one is selected, will be invited to attend the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada's (GFOA) annual conference in San Antonio, Texas in May, where the award will be presented. (unigo.com)
- Applications are available on the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) website. (unigo.com)
- Partner Bradley McLellan will be speaking at the Government Finance Officers Association 111th Annual Conference. (weirfoulds.com)
- If you have any questions please contact the Government Finance Officers Association. (weirfoulds.com)
- The Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting has been awarded to the City of Arvada by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for its comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR. (arvada.org)
Statistics on local government finances3
- The data published in the statistics on quarterly local government finances are not directly comparable with the data of the statistics on local government finances by quarter because of the different way of handling local government enterprises. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- In the statistics on quarterly local government finances, local government enterprises are combined with the data on basic municipalities and joint municipal authorities, while this was not done in the statistics on local government finances by quarter published between 2013 and 2015. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- Statistics Finland has corrected the release on the statistics on local government finances for the statistical reference year 2015 concerning joint municipal authorities. (stat.fi)
- As a non-profit membership organization, GFOA has no affiliation with any software or hardware vendors, and serves as an independent source of information for local governments. (wikipedia.org)
- GFOA has assisted over 450 cities, counties, school districts, and special district governments with system selection, contract negotiation, and implementation readiness for ERP and other administrative systems. (wikipedia.org)
- GFOA maintains an extensive inventory of books, e-books, manuals, guides, and CDs on government finance topics that are available for purchase, with member discounts. (wikipedia.org)
- GFOA also sponsors the Frank L. Greathouse Government Scholarship each year for use by a college senior preparing for a career in state or local government finance. (wikipedia.org)
- Recently, GFOA founded a 1-year Research Fellow program for recent graduates from the University of Chicago with an interest in public finance and small government. (wikipedia.org)
- The GFOA was founded in 1906 and represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. (arvada.org)
- In Zimbabwe, China's Sinohydro Corporation received 998 million USD in financing from the Export-Import Bank of China to build a 690 megawatt expansion of the Hwange Coal Power Station. (nrdc.org)
- Caixin reports China's State Council and the nation's financial regulators have issued a sweeping set of plans to tackle risk and outright fraud in the booming Internet financing industry, in which consumers have been swindled out of billions of yuan. (chinaeconomicreview.com)
- The Charging Framework applies to all non-corporate Commonwealth entities and selected corporate Commonwealth entities, where the Finance Minister has made a 'government policy order' that applies the Charging Framework to them. (finance.gov.au)
- Commonwealth entities are welcome to share their own good practice examples by contacting [email protected] . (finance.gov.au)
- Secondly, substantially heightened demands on local government, together with limited access to adequate funding, have seen the genesis of a deepening crisis in the financial sustainability of local government entities. (clgf.org.uk)
- Financing solutions for cities, towns, and other government entities. (androscogginbank.com)
- Massachusetts may be the first state to use social impact bonds, a unique model that started in the U.K. for financing social programs. (governing.com)
- The rand and government bonds fell. (iol.co.za)
- The rand weakened after Mboweni's comments, declining as much as 0.6% to 13.9499 against the dollar, while yields on government bonds due 2030 climbed the most in six weeks. (iol.co.za)
- It usually exists in the form of an investment company that sells bonds in the bond markets to finance real estate development and other local infrastructure projects. (wikipedia.org)
- 275 million in revenue bonds, and $30 million in gas storage tax credits through an existing program to help finance construction of LNG storage tanks on the North Slope and at North Pole. (alaskajournal.com)
- In addition, the announced increase of nominal government bonds next year will be reduced. (yahoo.com)
- WITH US$90 billion of bonds sold by local government financing vehicles coming due next year, China is walking a fine line between teaching investors a lesson and preventing widespread defaults. (businesstimes.com.sg)
- It also offers information about improving the borrowing potential of local government, innovative financing models such as municipal bonds, shared services, and public private partnerships. (clgf.org.uk)
- Print money yes, but instead of spending it on goods, or on tax cuts, it might be better to use it to buy back some interest-paying government bonds. (typepad.com)
- What is bonds and government finance law? (openjurist.org)
- Municipalities received a total of EUR 11.3 billion in tax revenue and EUR 4.4 billion in central government transfers to local government. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- These data appear from Statistics Finland's statistics on quarterly local government finances, for which data were collected from 80 municipalities and from 69 joint municipal authorities in Mainland Finland. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- Tax funding consists of municipalities' own tax revenue, which grew by 2.0 per cent and central government transfers to local government, which decreased by 2.2 per cent. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- The statistics on quarterly local government finances are in the first to third quarters a sample survey that describes the development of the finances of municipalities and joint municipal authorities in Mainland Finland by quarter. (tilastokeskus.fi)
- The government has set the rates in cities of more than 100,000 residents at PLN 75 (EUR 16.64) and in municipalities of fewer than 100,000 at PLN 65 (EUR 14.42), with the rate for transporting an able-bodied person set at PLN 30 (EUR 6.65), the minister said. (bbj.hu)
- On top of that, slow economic growth and state budget issues could further hurt these municipalities, according to S&P. Governments that have the flexibility to raise a local income or property tax are "are more equipped to face rising costs despite slow economic growth," the report said. (governing.com)
- The China Banking Regulatory Commission will require local governments to comb through P2P lending platforms in their respective area to focus on identifying risks. (chinaeconomicreview.com)
- There are also proposed coal power projects that are slated to receive public financing from government-backed multilateral institutions, like the Asian Development Bank or the African Development Bank. (nrdc.org)
- Measuring Potential GSE Funding Advantages ," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics , Springer, vol. 25(2-3), pages 129-150, Sept.-Dec. (repec.org)
- Learning and the Size of the Government Spending Multiplier ," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/851, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. (repec.org)
- The Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship is available for award to an upper-division undergraduate or graduate student of public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, political science, economics, or business administration (with a specific focus on government or nonprofit management). (unigo.com)
- The wind energy industry is continuing to expand worldwide with the industry ebbing and flowing as global governments decide policy on supporting renewable power and then reconsider the economics, causing delays in financing major projects. (plastemart.com)
- That's the underlying kernel of truth in Abba Lerner's Functional Finance (pdf) [see also his book The Economics of Control (pdf) ]. (typepad.com)
- For more information on Ex-Im Bank visit //www.exim.gov . (exim.gov)
- IMAGE: People watch Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman tabling the Union Budget 2019-20, at an electronics showroom in Kolkata. (rediff.com)
- CDC, in partnership with the Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service (FMS), has implemented the use of an electronic government collections system called Pay.Gov. Pay.Gov offers the federal government an Internet method to collect debts owed to them via Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Credit Card processing. (cdc.gov)
- Three government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs)-Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Bank System-were created to improve the availability of home mortgage financing by supplementing local funding. (repec.org)
- Thus, the main contribution of the three housing GSEs has become providing homebuyers an interest rate subsidy that is made possible by the GSEs' special relationship with the federal government. (repec.org)
- The authors first review the benefits and costs of subsidizing housing finance and then provide background information about the housing GSEs and their relationship to the federal government. (repec.org)
- Financing housing through government-sponsored enterprises ," Economic Review , Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q1, pages 29-43. (repec.org)
- Housing and the macroeconomy: the role of implicit guarantees for government-sponsored enterprises ," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2005-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. (repec.org)
- Waiver services are not required services under federal law, and the number of slots available, the types of services included, and the specific population to be served can be identified and capped by state governments. (ncd.gov)
- This program is financed jointly by federal and state governments. (ncd.gov)
- The federal government contributes matching payments to states ranging from 50 percent to 83 percent, based on each state's per capita income, giving states with lower per capita income a higher matching rate in an effort to equalize each state's ability to fund health care services. (ncd.gov)
- In the idiom of big government, they've been "furloughed," but workers protested at federal office buildings Wednesday to show that being out of work for nearly three weeks is no holiday. (latimes.com)
- Told they are "nonessential" during the ongoing government shutdown, about 200 workers picketed the federal building in Westwood. (latimes.com)
- The U.S. federal government can help!In fact, annually, nearly 5,000 small businesses receive over $2.5 billion in. (sba.gov)
- A federal judge is allowing a government roundup of wild horses in northern Nevada. (aol.com)
- Each year, the U.S. Supreme Court hears several cases that have a direct impact on states, the rulings of which could dramatically alter the relationship between the federal government and states. (csg.org)
- Karellas leads The Council of State Governments' efforts in monitoring federal and international activity and advocating the interests of states to members of Congress, federal agencies, nongovernmental agencies and other stakeholders. (csg.org)
- BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's new tax estimates show the next federal government will have around 30 billion euros available for tax cuts and additional spending over the next four years, Finance Minister Peter Altmaier said on Thursday. (reuters.com)
- But Altmaier stressed the need for fiscal responsibility, despite the upwardly revised tax estimates that show revenues for the federal government alone rising to 348.4 billion euros in 2021 from 308.3 billion euros this year. (reuters.com)
- What is the federal government going to sell? (deseretnews.com)
- Develops a clear understanding of laws and regulations provided by local, state and federal government, as well as Fannie Mae, FHA, USDA and VA, including a general knowledge of bankruptcy and legal procedures. (careerbuilder.com)
- In fiscal year 2003, Ex-Im Bank, an independent federal agency, authorized financing to support $14.3 billion of U.S. exports worldwide. (exim.gov)
- Ex-Im Bank is an independent federal government agency that provides export credit insurance, working capital guarantees, loans and loan guarantees to help finance exports of U.S. goods and services around the world, particularly to developing markets. (exim.gov)
- And although property taxes would likely not flow into federal social protection schemes (they are typically raised by local governments), they could fund regional or municipal social services or reduce the level of federal transfers to local governments. (clgf.org.uk)
- What emerges from my approach as set out below is a tentative and still partially self-contradictory constitutional restructuring to assure continuity of a strong, centralized and deeply patriotic federal government with or without Mr. Putin. (sott.net)
- The association's more than 19,000 members are federal, state/provincial, and local finance officials deeply involved in planning, financing, and implementing thousands of governmental operations in each of their jurisdictions. (arvada.org)
- This volume contains codified Federal laws as of 2012 pertaining to money, currency, finance and other financial topics as well as U.S. patents and trademarks. (gpo.gov)
- Individuals, policy makers, and investors in the American economy, as well as lobbyists, economists, financial analysts, and financial brokers may be interested in the laws surrounding the fiscal process and money management of the US Federal Government. (gpo.gov)
- The GSEs' importance to the financial markets, coupled with their special relationship with the government, raises concerns about the potential for moral hazard and the problems that would arise if a housing GSE became financially distressed or insolvent. (repec.org)
- Changes in Market Perception of Riskiness: The Case of Too-Big-to-Fail ," Journal of Financial Research , Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(3), pages 389-406, Fall. (repec.org)
- The Manual introduces accrual accounting, balance sheets, and complete coverage of government economic and financial activities. (google.com)
- The vast majority of these 58 GW of proposed projects with confirmed or likely public financing are being backed by Chinese, Japanese, and Korean public financial institutions. (nrdc.org)
- These public financial institutions, including export credit agencies, like Export-Import Bank of China and Japan Bank for International Cooperation, and development banks, like Korea Development Bank, are providing low-cost loans, guarantees and other subsidized forms of financing to promote the overseas business expansion of domestic companies. (nrdc.org)
- Of the 58 GW of proposed overseas coal power projects that we have identified, about 27 GW are already in negotiations with government financial institutions, and an additional 31 GW have a high potential to receive public financing, given the recent track record of Chinese, Korean, and Japanese power companies in securing public financing from their respective domestic public financial institutions. (nrdc.org)
- Government loan programs, specifically the Small Business Administration 7(a), are SBA-backed programs that do not use the same criteria as large financial institutions. (businessfinance.com)
- While the additional government aid will enable the utility to meet its financial obligations this financial year, it remains the biggest threat to the nation's finances and its operating model needs to be overhauled, Mboweni said. (iol.co.za)
- Responsible for monitoring and training property management companies on record keeping, finance, and accounting policies and procedures to ensure they are knowledgeable of financial reporting requirements and in compliance with contracts. (gfoa.org)
- All tables are presented in GFS operating statement format for the general government sector, with the exception of Table 2 which presents data for the public non-financial corporations sector. (abs.gov.au)
- Leading local government through the development of innovative financial solutions. (co.us)
- The Steering Group, as initiated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Securities and Futures Commission with the Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau being a member, aims to accelerate the growth of green and sustainable finance in Hong Kong. (gov.hk)
- The Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Mr Christopher Hui, said, 'We welcome the establishment of the Steering Group which elevates our on-going cross-agency efforts to the next higher level, in line with the Government's strong commitment and determination to promote green and sustainable finance. (gov.hk)
- By leveraging our strengths as an international financial centre and a global offshore Renminbi business hub, we will work in close collaboration with the Steering Group members to formulate policy and regulatory strategies, promote market development and enhance Hong Kong's visibility towards the common goal of consolidating Hong Kong's position as a premier green and sustainable finance hub regionally and globally. (gov.hk)
- I think we've been pretty clear, we're not only going to be using P3s, but we're going to be using the capital markets for infrastructure and only when it makes financial sense to do so," Finance Minister and Treasury Board president Doug Horner said in an interview last week. (afl.org)
- This allocation includes transfers to the South African Revenue Service (SARS), Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC), State Security Agency and commitments to multilateral finance institutions. (www.gov.za)
- Investors in the municipal market have long demanded better access to governments' financial information, particularly since the 2008 financial crisis. (governing.com)
- Time may be running out for governments to ramp up their financial disclosures themselves. (governing.com)
- A third vital factor lies in ensuring that revenue and tax assignment is sufficient to provide local government with financial autonomy. (clgf.org.uk)
- The government has abandoned plans to sell off the NHS's in-house staffing agency after the body improved its financial performance. (publicfinance.co.uk)
- The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting and represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management. (arvada.org)
- GFOA's mission is to promote excellence in state and local government financial management. (arvada.org)
- Among the focal points are working procedures in shaping public financial policy, i.e. the finances of both central and local government, through a fiscal policy statement and a fiscal strategy plan. (government.is)
- The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) is issuing this ruling to provide exceptive relief to covered financial institutions with respect to the application of the Beneficial Ownership Requirements for Legal Entity Customers (31 CFR § 1010.230) (Beneficial Ownership Rule) to premium finance lending products that allow for cash refunds. (fincen.gov)
- This ruling provides exceptive relief to covered financial institutions from the requirements to collect and verify the beneficial owner of a legal entity customer opening such premium financing account when there is a possibility of a cash refund. (fincen.gov)
Local Government Finance6
- The answer to that and other questions can be found in Local Government Finance, Victoria , a publication released today by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (abs.gov.au)
- Further details can be found in Local Government Finance, Victoria (cat. (abs.gov.au)
- It being after Ten o'clock, Mr. Deputy Speaker proceeded, pursuant to Order [3 February], to put forthwith the Questions necessary to dispose of proceedings on the motions relating to local government finance. (publicwhip.org.uk)
- The purpose of the Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship is to recognize outstanding performance by minority students preparing for careers in state and local government finance. (unigo.com)
- The multi-faceted problem of local government finance has attracted increasing attention in the new millennium. (clgf.org.uk)
- The majority of MPs voted to reject a motion  on Local Government Finance which had been tabled by the acting leader of the opposition Harriet Harman. (publicwhip.org.uk)
State and local6
- When it comes to funding new program models, state and local governments aren't exactly big-time, put-it-all-on-the-table gamblers. (governing.com)
- coordinates with other state and local government associations on intergovernmental issues where states have a vested interest. (csg.org)
- The committee also oversees the filing of amicus briefs on behalf of state and local governments in the U.S. Supreme Court. (csg.org)
- Defined-contribution plans are more attractive to employers than traditional pension plans because they reduce the risk that companies (and increasingly state and local governments) will be on the hook for decades to come paying monthly pension stipends to retirees who are living ever longer lives. (aol.com)
- 1] The Research and Consulting Center also is nationally recognized for its objective and practitioner focused consulting services for state and local governments. (wikipedia.org)
- A quarterly survey that provides national summary data on the revenues, expenditures, and composition of assets of the largest state and local government employee retirement. (data.gov)
- On the issue of performance security, as part of its procurement guidelines, government agencies are required to keep 5-10% of the agreed amount in a contract as performance security for up to 60 days after the project is completed. (indiatimes.com)
- The Director of Administration & Finance (A&F) is a critical leader within the Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition (BFHN) whose charge is to provide exemplary fiscal stewardship through the establishment, monitoring, and improvement of accounting, budgeting, finance, procurement, IT and administrative systems and procedures. (mass.gov)
- Over the past 15 years, GFOA's technology consulting practice has become the market leader in assisting local governments through the process of assessing current systems, understanding the vendor marketplace, facilitating procurement of new systems, and providing detailed analysis and contract negotiation assistance to protect the best interests of governments with the purpose of reducing implementation risk. (wikipedia.org)
- It was expected to introduce a procurement data transparency portal where all procurement data would be easily accessible for the monitoring of government projects. (www.gov.za)
- Government loan programs exist because they understand the importance of the small business to the US economy, and so the more businesses that they can help with the money, the more jobs that will be created in the USA. (businessfinance.com)
- The virus outbreak has had a major impact on the Swedish economy and state finances, but the development in recent months indicates it is less than we forecast in May. (yahoo.com)
- Central government net lending is also negative but gradually recovers as the economy grows. (yahoo.com)
- This allocation allows the department to conduct research on the economy together with its partners in and outside of government, and develop policies to maintain fiscal stability and promote growth. (www.gov.za)
- Private sector analysts say that likely will drag on an economy that has depended partly on government stimulus to achieve growth targets. (wnem.com)
- In the first place, for the past two decades all public sector institutions have been profoundly affected by the twin revolutions simultaneously sweeping the world - the globalization of the international economy and the information revolution wrought by the computer age - and local government is no exception. (clgf.org.uk)
- Title 31 Money and finance will appeal to individuals, policy makers, and investors in the American economy. (gpo.gov)
- With the Summit taking place just days after the UK's EU referendum, Sir Roger Gifford, Chairman, City of London Green Finance Initiative , stated: "Ruptures are shaping the global economy as we speak, not only in relation to last week's referendum but in response to one of the defining issues of the 21st century, our environment. (theclimategroup.org)
- It is intended as a reference volume for compilers of government finance statistics, fiscal analysts, and other users of fiscal data. (google.com)
- How does the U.S. government finance fiscal shocks? (repec.org)
- The additional fiscal room is limited," said Altmaier, who took over as finance minister last month from veteran Wolfgang Schaeuble, who has become president of the Bundestag lower house of parliament. (reuters.com)
- KARACHI - The Sindh government has planned to set up Sindh Dairy and Meat Development Company and to initiate master plan study on livestock meat and dairy development under JICA grant during current fiscal year. (nextbillion.net)
- This government is so brazen that the FM simply did not bother to mention the fiscal deficit, which is something that economists discuss ad nauseam. (rediff.com)
- The fiscal climate for the next decade and why it will demand radical changes in what government does and how it procures it. (smi-online.co.uk)
- Currently, there is no enforced deadline, and governments typically file annual reports anywhere from six months to a year after the close of a fiscal year. (governing.com)
- FAME is an independent state agency that develops and administers programs related to the financing of both higher education and business in the State of Maine. (maine.gov)
- These loan programs work because the government secures the loan by guaranteeing a certain percentage of the loan, so that lenders can feel confident that most of their loan will be repaid if the business can't make their payments. (businessfinance.com)
- Need financing to help fund research and development (R&D) efforts and realize your business potential? (sba.gov)
- Yet, 81 percent handle their business' finances. (sba.gov)
- Attendees will: Develop a clear understanding of grants and finances for those starting a business. (sba.gov)
- Learn the why's and how's of financing a business from the U.S. Small Business Administration. (sba.gov)
- If you own a small business, are thinking of starting your own company and are confused by grants and means of finance, this seminar is tailor made for you. (sba.gov)
- Candidates must possess at least two (2) years of responsible professional accounts payable accounting experience supplemented by a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, or a related field. (gfoa.org)
- Ideal candidates will have supervisory experience of staff dedicated to accounts payable responsibility in a large business/corporation or government agency. (gfoa.org)
- QUALIFICATIONS Experience and Education: Two years of responsible professional accounts payable accounting experience supplemented by a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, or a related field. (gfoa.org)
- BTEC National Award in Personal & Business Finance What you will study BTEC Nationals are qualifications that are designed to provide specialist. (emagister.co.uk)
- Are you interested in the world of business and finance? (emagister.co.uk)
- Learn about: Management Accounting, Business Finance, IT Management. (emagister.co.uk)
- The Head of Finance Business Partnering & Strategic Finance is a key role within the Government Property Agency with responsibility for managing all Finance Business Partners and Management Accountants. (charityjob.co.uk)
- Your Business & Government Services officer is the key to specialized financing products and services. (androscogginbank.com)
- In the normal course of business, premium finance lenders process a significant number of cash refunds each year. (fincen.gov)
- Today at the second annual Business & Climate Summit , brought to you by The Climate Group, a powerful group of industry, finance and government leaders shared their confidence in early ratification of the Paris Agreement and the merits of embedding forward-looking climate action at the heart of their businesses plans. (theclimategroup.org)
- In fact for all of us involved in finance or business there is a challenge which we are to meet: we have been charged with doing the heavy lifting that is necessary to meet or beat global carbon targets. (theclimategroup.org)
Minister of Fina2
- The Committee holds a public consultation on the upcoming provincial budget every fall following the release of the budget consultation paper by the Minister of Finance. (leg.bc.ca)
- At the first meeting of the Icelandic Parliament's autumn session the Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs submits the Government's budget for the coming calendar year. (government.is)
- With the ever-increasing strain on public revenues, governments may look at this new model as a risk they can afford to take. (governing.com)
- These time series present combined statistics on detailed revenues and expenditures for all levels of government. (umich.edu)
- In 1999-2000, total revenues amounted to $3,337.7m, increasing by more than 4% over 1998-1999, while total outlays were $3,221.6m for all local government in Victoria. (abs.gov.au)
- This article relates to the development and testing of a process of mobilizing the internally generated property tax revenues of local governments, and reports on the results of that process, and the challenges and lessons learned. (clgf.org.uk)
- This revenue gap is estimated to be 0.9 percent of GDP in middle-income countries and as much as 2.9 percent in high-income countries.20 Governments in Sub-Saharan Africa are estimated to be missing out on revenues of 0.5 to 1 percent of GDP because of no property taxes whatsoever or their limited application. (clgf.org.uk)
- The bipartisan committee is comprised of officials from all branches of state government, as well as CSG Associate members. (csg.org)
- The Finance Ministry issued a statement on Saturday, saying that it respects the autonomy and independence of the Reserve Bank of India, while refuting a charge made by RBI officials that the the central bank's image was dented post demonetisation The statement said, 'There has been a report in sections of the Press that some unions have alleged infringement of the autonomy of the Reserve Bank of India. (business-standard.com)
- The new prime minister and new government members are all technocrats and professionals with rich management experience, said head of the CIS strategic development center Aleksandr Gusev, adding that the ones who have stayed on are also effective government officials. (sott.net)
Help us improve GOV.UK1
- To help us improve GOV.UK, we'd like to know more about your visit today. (www.gov.uk)
- Britain could become the world leader in social finance if the Government can allay the fear of regulation that risks strangling the social investment market, according to the report by CAF and Legal & General, a major provider of savings solutions and investments to its clients. (cafonline.org)
- The Charging Framework covers activities where the government charges the non-government sector for a specific government activity such as, regulation, goods, services, or access to resources or infrastructure. (finance.gov.au)
- Housing and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Implicit Guarantees for Government Sponsored Enterprises ," 2004 Meeting Papers 100, Society for Economic Dynamics. (repec.org)
- SMi are proud to present their inaugural event which aims to provide public, private and third sector organisations with an opportunity to discuss the recent economic and legislative changes which affect local government and authorities' efficiency savings targets. (smi-online.co.uk)
- Previous studies on global health financing have described the relationship between economic development and health financing. (nih.gov)
- In this study, we further explore global health financing trends and examine how the sources of funds used, types of services purchased, and development assistance for health disbursed change with economic development. (nih.gov)
- We converted these data into a common inflation-adjusted and purchasing power-adjusted currency, and used non-linear regression methods to model the relationship between health financing, time, and economic development. (nih.gov)
- Between 1995 and 2014, economic development was positively associated with total health spending and a shift away from a reliance on development assistance and out-of-pocket (OOP) towards government spending. (nih.gov)
- The central economic policy goal of the South African Government is to accelerate inclusive growth and create jobs. (www.gov.za)
- Government is implementing growth-enhancing reforms in line with President Cyril Ramaphosa's Economic Stimulus and Recovery Plan, which aims to, among other things, ignite economic activity, restore investor confidence, prevent further job losses and create much-needed jobs. (www.gov.za)
- Morgan Simon, Pi Investments and Transform Finance, explains the concept of impact investment that supports economic and community development. (topgovernmentgrants.com)
- The Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs plays a central role in the formulation and implementation of the Government's economic policy, taking into consideration both the domestic and international macroeconomic situation and developments. (government.is)
- The Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs is responsible for implementing the Public Finances as a whole on the basis of the Public Finance Act. (government.is)
- INTERNATIONAL - The South African government's decision to increase support for the embattled state power utility is wreaking havoc on the nation's finances and may force it to increase borrowing and raise the budget deficit. (iol.co.za)
- A version of this archives appears in print on August 10, 1900, on Page 9 of the New York edition with the headline: THE GOVERNMENT'S FINANCES. (nytimes.com)
- The Redford government's promise to keep building Alberta despite budget woes and bitumen bubbles could lead the province to embrace alternative financing to pay for high-priority construction projects. (afl.org)
- This is a concept that typically isn't the way government works, but it's a direction we need to go under this new rubric. (governing.com)
- 1 The Decree introduces measures designed to, among other things: (i) create a new security consisting of a "non-possessory pledge" (i.e., floating charge), (ii) establish the " patto marciano " agreement, which permits out-of-court appropriation of real estate assets securing financings, and (iii) reduce the length of time and improve efficiency of enforcement and insolvency proceedings. (mondaq.com)
- The City of Anaheim Finance Department seeks a dynamic and customer service oriented Accountant to manage the City's Accounts Payables operation. (gfoa.org)
- On or before April 15, heads of all County departments and agencies submit requests for appropriations to the Department of Finance. (knoxcounty.org)
- The Department of Finance in conjunction with the Office of the County Mayor negotiates with the various departments, compiles the requests and submits a comprehensive budget to the Knox County Commission (the Commission) no later than June 1. (knoxcounty.org)
- The Government Loan Representative exists to service our existing delinquent customers within the Government Servicing department. (careerbuilder.com)
- The Finance Department provides all necessary accounting, payroll, purchasing and information to all County departments and the citizenry of Douglas County. (co.us)
- The Finance Department has won this award 33 times. (arvada.org)
- You can also visit our Finance Department online. (austintexas.gov)
- On April 12, the Dutch minister of Education, Culture and Sciences announced the funding of Netherlands Plant Eco-phenotyping Centre (NPEC) as part of the National Roadmap for Large-scale Scientific Infrastructure of the Dutch government. (wur.nl)
- Government Finance Review (GFR): Government Finance Review is the Government Finance Officers Association's bimonthly membership magazine. (wikipedia.org)
- Linda Thomas, vice chair of the Local Government Association's community wellbeing board, said councils had spent more than half a billion pounds in tackling obesity since they took over responsibility for public health three years ago. (publicfinance.co.uk)
- Since local governments in China are not allowed to directly participate in the municipal bond market, LGFVs have played a unique role in securing funding for local governments to develop their economies. (wikipedia.org)
- Its name was changed in December 1931 to the International Association of Municipal Finance Officers. (wikipedia.org)
- The Commonwealth is a member of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) a voluntary, multi-lateral initiative in which governments commit to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness technologies to strengthen governance. (finance.gov.au)
- Also, Flint Hills Resources was previously a partner in Golden Valley's initiative but recently withdrew from the project, citing an unwillingness to proceed with a project that requires government subsidy, its spokesman, Jeff Cook, has said. (alaskajournal.com)
- Medicaid provides more than 75 percent of the financing for services and supports for people with ID/DD (Braddock et al. (ncd.gov)
- The Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services is one of ten permanent all-party committees of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia. (leg.bc.ca)
- State and territory governments to deliver a range of services including child and adult public dental services, Home and Community Care services. (finance.gov.au)
- Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. was established in 1974 and currently services over 200,000 loans. (careerbuilder.com)
- resolves that decisions affecting local government spending should be based on the principles of fairness, protection of frontline services and promotion of growth. (publicwhip.org.uk)
- Health Care Payment and Financing, HRSA will provide support to an organization with a local, state, and national perspective on health care-related payment and financing for services delivered to vulnerable and underserved populations. (topgovernmentgrants.com)
- In these circumstances, many businesses engage the services of premium finance lenders falling within the scope of FinCEN's regulations. (fincen.gov)
- The previous directives, issued on May 13, permitted disruptions caused by the pandemic and the lockdown as a reason for contractors to invoke the force majeure clause in govt contracts. (indiatimes.com)
- TORONTO - The Ontario government will invoke the notwithstanding clause to restore changes to election finance law that a judge declared unconstitutional this week, a move critics quickly labelled as a power grab intended to sway next year's provincial election. (globalnews.ca)
- Wisconsin, long a champion for workers' rights, has been in the news much lately as state workers and their supporters continue to protest cuts to state employees' compensation that Gov. Scott Walker says are necessary to plug a multimillion dollar hole in the state's budget. (aol.com)
- We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. (allafrica.com)
- With each issue, the magazine explores best practices in the realm of government finance, suggests solutions to questions facing public finance officers, reports the latest news in governmental accounting, examines intergovernmental affairs, and provides the latest information in the field. (wikipedia.org)
- The Polish government will co-finance 80% of local governments' costs for transporting disabled people to get vaccinated against COVID-19, Deputy Interior Minister Paweł Szefernaker announced, according to Polish news agency PAP. (bbj.hu)
- A roundup of money (and other) news governments can use. (governing.com)
- In August, the finance minister got even more heat after he proposed taxes that would disproportionately affect the poor and low-income workers. (colombiareports.com)
- In the future, the Tax Classification, at Appendix 3, will include a new class to separately identify all production taxes relating to the clean energy initiatives introduced by government. (abs.gov.au)
- Functional Finance says you only use taxes if you want to reduce Aggregate Demand to prevent inflation. (typepad.com)
- The Long Run Government Budget Constraint says you use taxes to pay for past, present or future government spending. (typepad.com)
- Any additional government spending must be paid for, sooner or later, with taxes. (typepad.com)
Gross Fixed Cap1
- General government gross fixed capital formation, in seasonally adjusted chain volume terms, decreased by 8.0% in December quarter 2005. (abs.gov.au)
- As he introduced his final state budget in January, Gov. Jerry Brown faced sharp questions from reporters about the effectiveness of his landmark overhaul of public school finance. (mercurynews.com)
- Come Budget Day, we began the usual process of deciphering what the finance minister (FM) had offered by way of proposals, ideas, and tax changes. (rediff.com)
- While the government has not bothered to bring down the stakes of public sector companies below 75 per cent, it is already doing loud thinking in a Budget speech to bring it down to 65 per cent! (rediff.com)
- Every Union Budget is an exercise in hiding bad government finances in various ways. (rediff.com)
- The other important objective of the Budget is to discuss how much more money the government will raise next year. (rediff.com)
- Seigniorage revenue belongs in the government budget constraint. (typepad.com)
- And then the Long Run Government Budget Constraint kicks in again. (typepad.com)
- The Long Run Government Budget Constraint is undefined. (typepad.com)
- Today's report warns that uncertainty and lack of understanding about risks and regulations covering social investments prevent banks and other investors from developing schemes that effectively finance charities and social enterprises. (cafonline.org)
- Annual data are supplied for central government accounts and different levels of government in these categories: (1) central government budgetary accounts, (2) central government consolidated accounts, (3) central government extra budgetary accounts, (4) central government Social Security Funds, (5) state or province governments, (6) local governments, and (7) general governments. (umich.edu)
- Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) to be set-up with initial capital base of Rs 1000 crore which will leverage funds from the market and work to create infrastructure in India's top institutions like IITs, to ensure 20 such places of learning emerge as world class. (rediff.com)
- How does local government in Victoria allocate its funds? (abs.gov.au)
- With these funds, the government is seeking to protect at least 85 per cent of the population with preventive interventions and to work towards promptly testing and treating suspected malaria cases by 2024. (allafrica.com)
- While some businesses are able to purchase these policies outright, others either do not have sufficient funds to cover the premiums or prefer to finance the purchase of such policies for other reasons, such as to manage their cash flow. (fincen.gov)
- Moreover, state laws may require premium finance companies to refund promptly, to either a customer, or a customer's insurance broker or agent, any excess funds that the company has not earned. (fincen.gov)
- The final CPUC decision, due before the end of the year, is expected to allocate nearly $200 million of ratepayer funds to a set of financing strategies for energy improvements to existing buildings in California. (multihousingnews.com)
- If the program fails, the government owes nothing. (governing.com)
- Housing and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Bailout Guarantees for Government Sponsored Enterprises ," CEPR Discussion Papers 8624, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers. (repec.org)
- ICPSR's subscription with the IMF for monthly updates of the GOVERNMENT FINANCE STATISTICS (ICPSR 8624) series expired with the July 1998 tapes. (umich.edu)
- GFOA's 112th Annual Conference, May 6-9, in St. Louis, Missouri, offers an opportunity for public finance professionals from across the United States, Canada, and the world to share ideas, develop technical and managerial skills, view new products, and network with peers. (gfoa.org)
- This role is further elaborated in the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) of 1999. (www.gov.za)
- Not only have these inexorable forces had dramatic implications for the structure of government as a whole, and relationships between the different tiers of government, but also for service provision and public finance, including local public finance. (clgf.org.uk)