A method of providing future reproductive opportunities before a medical treatment with known risk of loss of fertility. Typically reproductive organs or tissues (e.g., sperm, egg, embryos and ovarian or testicular tissues) are cryopreserved for future use before the medical treatment (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation) begins.
Mature male germ cells derived from SPERMATIDS. As spermatids move toward the lumen of the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES, they undergo extensive structural changes including the loss of cytoplasm, condensation of CHROMATIN into the SPERM HEAD, formation of the ACROSOME cap, the SPERM MIDPIECE and the SPERM TAIL that provides motility.
Reproductive Techniques, Assisted
The reproductive organ (GONADS) in female animals. In vertebrates, the ovary contains two functional parts: the OVARIAN FOLLICLE for the production of female germ cells (OOGENESIS); and the endocrine cells (GRANULOSA CELLS; THECA CELLS; and LUTEAL CELLS) for the production of ESTROGENS and PROGESTERONE.
Family Planning Services
Family Planning Policy
Fertilization in Vitro
A medical-surgical specialty concerned with the morphology, physiology, biochemistry, and pathology of reproduction in man and other animals, and on the biological, medical, and veterinary problems of fertility and lactation. It includes ovulation induction, diagnosis of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss, and assisted reproductive technologies such as embryo transfer, in vitro fertilization, and intrafallopian transfer of zygotes. (From Infertility and Reproductive Medicine Clinics of North America, Foreword 1990; Journal of Reproduction and Fertility, Notice to Contributors, Jan 1979)
The convoluted cordlike structure attached to the posterior of the TESTIS. Epididymis consists of the head (caput), the body (corpus), and the tail (cauda). A network of ducts leaving the testis joins into a common epididymal tubule proper which provides the transport, storage, and maturation of SPERMATOZOA.
Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
Cessation of ovarian function after MENARCHE but before the age of 40, without or with OVARIAN FOLLICLE depletion. It is characterized by the presence of OLIGOMENORRHEA or AMENORRHEA, elevated GONADOTROPINS, and low ESTRADIOL levels. It is a state of female HYPERGONADOTROPIC HYPOGONADISM. Etiologies include genetic defects, autoimmune processes, chemotherapy, radiation, and infections.
An OOCYTE-containing structure in the cortex of the OVARY. The oocyte is enclosed by a layer of GRANULOSA CELLS providing a nourishing microenvironment (FOLLICULAR FLUID). The number and size of follicles vary depending on the age and reproductive state of the female. The growing follicles are divided into five stages: primary, secondary, tertiary, Graafian, and atretic. Follicular growth and steroidogenesis depend on the presence of GONADOTROPINS.
Public-Private Sector Partnerships
Contraceptive Agents, Male
A potent androgenic steroid and major product secreted by the LEYDIG CELLS of the TESTIS. Its production is stimulated by LUTEINIZING HORMONE from the PITUITARY GLAND. In turn, testosterone exerts feedback control of the pituitary LH and FSH secretion. Depending on the tissues, testosterone can be further converted to DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE or ESTRADIOL.
Method to determine the occurrence of OVULATION by direct or indirect means. Indirect methods examine the effects of PROGESTERONE on cervical mucus (CERVIX MUCUS), or basal body temperature. Direct ovulation detection, generally used in fertility treatment, involves analyses of circulating hormones in blood and ULTRASONOGRAPHY.
A decapeptide that stimulates the synthesis and secretion of both pituitary gonadotropins, LUTEINIZING HORMONE and FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE. GnRH is produced by neurons in the septum PREOPTIC AREA of the HYPOTHALAMUS and released into the pituitary portal blood, leading to stimulation of GONADOTROPHS in the ANTERIOR PITUITARY GLAND.
Follicle Stimulating Hormone
A major gonadotropin secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Follicle-stimulating hormone stimulates GAMETOGENESIS and the supporting cells such as the ovarian GRANULOSA CELLS, the testicular SERTOLI CELLS, and LEYDIG CELLS. FSH consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is common in the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH, and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity.
The hollow thick-walled muscular organ in the female PELVIS. It consists of the fundus (the body) which is the site of EMBRYO IMPLANTATION and FETAL DEVELOPMENT. Beyond the isthmus at the perineal end of fundus, is CERVIX UTERI (the neck) opening into VAGINA. Beyond the isthmi at the upper abdominal end of fundus, are the FALLOPIAN TUBES.
Natural Family Planning Methods
A class of natural contraceptive methods in which SEXUAL ABSTINENCE is practiced a few days before and after the estimated day of ovulation, during the fertile phase. Methods for determining the fertile period or OVULATION DETECTION are based on various physiological indicators, such as circulating hormones, changes in cervical mucus (CERVIX MUCUS), and the basal body temperature.
The major progestational steroid that is secreted primarily by the CORPUS LUTEUM and the PLACENTA. Progesterone acts on the UTERUS, the MAMMARY GLANDS and the BRAIN. It is required in EMBRYO IMPLANTATION; PREGNANCY maintenance, and the development of mammary tissue for MILK production. Progesterone, converted from PREGNENOLONE, also serves as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of GONADAL STEROID HORMONES and adrenal CORTICOSTEROIDS.
Seminal Plasma Proteins
Proteins found in SEMEN. Major seminal plasma proteins are secretory proteins from the male sex accessory glands, such as the SEMINAL VESICLES and the PROSTATE. They include the seminal vesicle-specific antigen, an ejaculate clotting protein; and the PROSTATE-SPECIFIC ANTIGEN, a protease and an esterase.
A major gonadotropin secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Luteinizing hormone regulates steroid production by the interstitial cells of the TESTIS and the OVARY. The preovulatory LUTEINIZING HORMONE surge in females induces OVULATION, and subsequent LUTEINIZATION of the follicle. LUTEINIZING HORMONE consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is common in the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity.
Post-traumatic epilepsy: its complications and impact on occupational rehabilitation--an epidemiological study from India. (1/4600)The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence of seizure disorder, neuropsychiatric disorders and reproductive outcome of employees with post-traumatic epilepsy (PTE) and their effect on occupational rehabilitation. A case-comparison group study design was used to compare 30 subjects with PTE with (1) 129 non-PTE and (2) 55 non-PTE matched control employees. The 55 non-PTE matched controls were selected from the 129 non-PTE employees on the basis of age, age at onset of seizure, age at marriage and length of employment. The PTE group had a lower fertility rate than the controls and more neuropsychiatric disorders and seizure disability. PTE employees were more occupationally rehabilitated than non-PTE employees (p = 0.033). Of the 30 PTE subjects, thirteen who were rehabilitated by placement had more seizure disability (p = 0.007) and a higher fertility rate (p = 0.018). High prevalence of seizure disability and increased fertility rate among the placed PTE employees suggested that there might be some association between severity of seizures and increased production of live offspring and work placement. Work suitability or placement should not be judged on clinical assessment only but psychosocial seizure assessment, disability evaluation and other psychometric tests which are of equal importance. (+info)
Molecular control of the implantation window. (2/4600)Human endometrium is the end organ of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis. Therefore, endometrium is susceptible to changes in the cases of infertility that originate from disturbances in the normal functioning of this axis. In addition, some cases of unexplained infertility may be due to altered endometrial function. This disturbed endometrial function may originate from lesions in the molecular repertoire that are crucial to implantation. Human endometrium becomes receptive to implantation by the blastocyst within a defined period during the menstrual cycle. The duration of this so-called 'endometrial receptivity' or 'implantation' period seems to span from few days after ovulation to several days prior to menstruation. Successful implantation results from a co-ordinated series of events that would allow establishment of a timely dialogue between a receptive endometrium and an intrusive blastocyst. The members of the molecular repertoire that make endometrium receptive to implantation are gradually being recognized. Among these are the cytokines, integrins, heat shock proteins, tastin and trophinin. In addition, the expression of a second set of genes including tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and ebaf, may be the appropriate signal for the closure of the 'implantation window', for making the endometrium refractory to implantation and for preparing it for the menstrual shedding. (+info)
Changes in basement membrane thickness in the human endometrium during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. (3/4600)We have examined aspects of the fine structure of the basal laminae associated with the luminal and glandular epithelium and small blood vessels in the human endometrium. Four short studies are presented and reviewed. Study 1 examined biopsies from 20 fertile women taken on days after the luteinizing hormone surge (LH): LH +2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. The basal lamina (both lamina densa and lucida) increased in thickness over the period studied. Study 2 again studied the glandular epithelium and examined the effect of RU486 (a progesterone receptor blocker) administered on day LH +3 and biopsied on day LH +6. The basal laminae were found to be the same as LH +2 control group but thinner than LH +6 control. Study 3 documented increased thickness of the basal laminae between LH +6, 8 and 13 in the luminal epithelium. The within-group coefficient of variation was 16% and 27% for LH +6 and LH +13 groups but only 2 % for LH +8. Study 4 demonstrated an increase in basal lamina thickness associated with small blood vessels between LH +6 and LH +10 in normal fertile women. The basal lamina provides the interface between epithelial and mesenchymal environments; changes in its structure can alter the phenotypic expression of the epithelia. It is one of the maternal barriers that must be transgressed by the trophoblast during implantation. Together, these combined studies provide quantitative baseline structural information on the electron microscopical appearance of the basal lamina during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. (+info)
Endometrial oestrogen and progesterone receptors and their relationship to sonographic appearance of the endometrium. (4/4600)The rapid development of ultrasonographic equipment now permits instantaneous assessment of follicles and endometrium. The sonographic appearance of the endometrium has been discussed in relation to in-vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles. However, a generally agreed view of the relationship of the sonographic appearance to fecundity in IVF cycles has not emerged. We have studied the relationship between steroid receptors and the sonographic appearance of the preovulatory endometrium in natural cycles and ovulation induction cycles. Preovulatory endometrial thickness was not found to be indicative of fecundity, although a preovulatory endometrial thickness of <9 mm related to an elevated miscarriage rate. The preovulatory endometrial echo pattern did not predict fecundity. No relationships were found among endometrial appearance, endometrial steroid receptors and steroid hormone concentrations in serum. Oestrogen or progesterone receptor concentrations were not related to endometrial thickness or to concentrations of serum oestradiol, the only significant correlation being found between the endometrial concentrations of oestrogen and progesterone receptors. The ratio of progesterone:oestrogen receptor concentration was somewhat less in echo pattern B (not triple line) endometrium compared with pattern A (triple line) endometrium. Oestrogen and progesterone receptor concentrations appeared stable on gonadotrophin induction, though fewer numbers were found during clomiphene cycles than in natural cycles. With regard to the distribution of receptor concentration between clomiphene and natural cycles, most women using clomiphene had very low oestrogen receptor populations. Pregnancy rates were low, in spite of high ovulatory rates during clomiphene treatment and were mainly related to low oestrogen receptor concentrations in preovulatory endometrium. (+info)
Germ cell development in the XXY mouse: evidence that X chromosome reactivation is independent of sexual differentiation. (5/4600)Prior to entry into meiosis, XX germ cells in the fetal ovary undergo X chromosome reactivation. The signal for reactivation is thought to emanate from the genital ridge, but it is unclear whether it is specific to the developing ovary. To determine whether the signals are present in the developing testis as well as the ovary, we examined the expression of X-linked genes in germ cells from XXY male mice. To facilitate this analysis, we generated XXY and XX fetuses carrying X chromosomes that were differentially marked and subject to nonrandom inactivation. This pattern of nonrandom inactivation was maintained in somatic cells but, in XX as well as XXY fetuses, both parental alleles were expressed in germ cell-enriched cell populations. Because testis differentiation is temporally and morphologically normal in the XXY testis and because all germ cells embark upon a male pathway of development, these results provide compelling evidence that X chromosome reactivation in fetal germ cells is independent of the somatic events of sexual differentiation. Proper X chromosome dosage is essential for the normal fertility of male mammals, and abnormalities in germ cell development are apparent in the XXY testis within several days of X reactivation. Studies of exceptional germ cells that survive in the postnatal XXY testis demonstrated that surviving germ cells are exclusively XY and result from rare nondisjunctional events that give rise to clones of XY cells. (+info)
Genetic analysis of viable Hsp90 alleles reveals a critical role in Drosophila spermatogenesis. (6/4600)The Hsp90 chaperone protein maintains the activities of a remarkable variety of signal transducers, but its most critical functions in the context of the whole organism are unknown. Point mutations of Hsp83 (the Drosophila Hsp90 gene) obtained in two different screens are lethal as homozygotes. We report that eight transheterozygous mutant combinations produce viable adults. All exhibit the same developmental defects: sterile males and sterile or weakly fertile females. We also report that scratch, a previously identified male-sterile mutation, is an allele of Hsp82 with a P-element insertion in the intron that reduces expression. Thus, it is a simple reduction in Hsp90 function, rather than possible altered functions in the point mutants, that leads to male sterility. As shown by light and electron microscopy, all stages of spermatogenesis involving microtubule function are affected, from early mitotic divisions to later stages of sperm maturation, individualization, and motility. Aberrant microtubules are prominent in yeast cells carrying mutations in HSP82 (the yeast Hsp90 gene), confirming that Hsp90 function is connected to microtubule dynamics and that this connection is highly conserved. A small fraction of Hsp90 copurifies with taxol-stabilized microtubule proteins in Drosophila embryo extracts, but Hsp90 does not remain associated with microtubules through repeated temperature-induced assembly and disassembly reactions. If the spermatogenesis phenotypes are due to defects in microtubule dynamics, we suggest these are indirect, reflecting a role for Hsp90 in maintaining critical signal transduction pathways and microtubule effectors, rather than a direct role in the assembly and disassembly of microtubules themselves. (+info)
The Parkes Lecture. Heat and the testis. (7/4600)The evidence for the lower temperature of the testes of many mammals is summarized, and the reasons suggested for the descent of the testes into a scrotum are discussed. Descriptions are given of the various techniques used for studying the effects of heat on the testis, whole body heating, local heating of the testes (by inducing cryptorchidism, scrotal insulation or immersion of the scrotum in a water bath), and heating of tissue or cell preparations in vitro. The effects of heat are discussed, effects on the testis (weight, histology, physiology, biochemistry and endocrinology), on the numbers and motility of spermatozoa in rete testis fluid and semen, on fertilizing ability of spermatozoa and on the subsequent development of the embryos produced when spermatozoa from heated testes are used to fertilize normal ova. The possible mechanisms for the damaging effects of heat are discussed, as well as the importance of heat-induced abnormalities in male reproduction in domestic animals and humans. (+info)
Impact of market value on human mate choice decisions. (8/4600)Mate choice strategies are a process of negotiation in which individuals make bids that are constrained by their status in the market place. Humans provide an unusual perspective on this because we can measure their explicitly expressed preferences before they are forced to make any choices. We use advertisements placed in newspaper personal columns to examine, first, the extent to which evolutionary considerations affect the level of competition (or market value) during the reproductively active period of people's lives and, second, the extent to which market value influences individual's willingness to make strong demands of prospective mates. We show that female market value is determined principally by women's fecundity (and, to a lesser extent, reproductive value), while male market value is determined by men's earning potential and the risk of future pairbond termination (the conjoint probability that the male will either die or divorce his partner during the next 20 years). We then show that these selection preferences strongly influence the levels of demands that men and women make of prospective partners (although older males tend to overestimate their market value). (+info)
Natural fertility - Wikipedia
Natural fertility is the fertility that exists without birth control. The control is the number of children birthed to the parents and is modified as the number of children reaches the maximum. There is evidence that there is little birth control is used in non-European countries. Natural fertility tends to decrease as a society modernizes. Women in a pre-modernized society typically have given birth to a large number of children by the time they are 50 years old, while women in post-modernized society only bear a small number by the same age. However, during modernization natural fertility rises, before family planning is practiced. Historical populations have traditionally honored the idea of natural fertility by displaying fertility symbols. Natural fertility is a concept developed by the French historical demographer Louis Henry to refer to the level of fertility that would prevail in a population that makes no conscious effort to limit, regulate, or control fertility, so that fertility ...
Is low fertility really a problem? Population aging, dependency, and consumption | Science
Longer lives and fertility far below the replacement level of 2.1 births per woman are leading to rapid population aging in many countries. Many observers are concerned that aging will adversely affect public finances and standards of living. Analysis of newly available National Transfer Accounts data for 40 countries shows that fertility well above replacement would typically be most beneficial for government budgets. However, fertility near replacement would be most beneficial for standards of living when the analysis includes the effects of age structure on families as well as governments. And fertility below replacement would maximize per capita consumption when the cost of providing capital for a growing labor force is taken into account. Although low fertility will indeed challenge government programs and very low fertility undermines living standards, we find that moderately low fertility and population decline favor the broader material standard of living. ...
The Fertility Transition Around the World - 1950-2005
Downloadable! In this paper we analyze the distribution of fertility rates across the world using parametric mixture models. We demonstrate the existence of twin peaks and the division of the worlds countries in two distinct components: a high-fertility regime and a low fertility regime. Whereas the significance of twin peaks vanishes over time, the two fertility regimes continue to exists over the whole observation period. In 1950 about two thirds of the worlds countries belonged to the high-fertility regime and the rest constituted the low-fertility regime. By the year 2005 this picture has reversed. Within both the low- and the high-fertility regime the average fertility rate declined, with a larger absolute decline within the high-fertility regime. Visually, the two peaks moved closer together. For the low fertility-group we find both beta- and sigma- convergence but we cannot establish any convergence pattern for the high fertility regime. Overall our findings are difficult to reconcile with the
Contextual Understanding of Lower Fertility Among U.S. Women in Professional Occupations<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Contextual Understanding of Lower Fertility Among U.S. Women in Professional Occupations. AU - Shreffler, Karina M.. PY - 2017/1/1. Y1 - 2017/1/1. N2 - Despite decades of research indicating that employed women in the United States have fewer children than other women, it remains unclear what it is about work, beyond work hours, that constrains fertility. The current study links a sample of 1,800 women of childbearing age who are employed at least part-time from the National Survey of Fertility Barriers with the Department of Labors Occupational Information Network to examine how characteristics of womens jobs are associated with their fertility intentions and behaviors. Results indicate that women who work in more professional jobs (e.g., occupations with greater prestige, autonomy, complexity, and supervisory characteristics) are more likely to postpone childbearing than women employed in jobs with lower scores on professional characteristics. Women in more professional jobs ...
Search | Korea Science
Total fertility rate in South Korea is the lowest in the world. A fertility rate below replacement fertility level will result in serious social problems in the long term. Therefore, it is worthwhile to study a general understanding about the low fertility rate phenomenon and to investigate the effectiveness of fertility policies in order to ameliorate the resulting social problems due to the low fertility rate. This research was a descriptive examination into the low fertility rate phenomenon and an investigation of the needs for fertility potties and their effectiveness. The study subjects were consisted of 769 unmarried people aged from 18 to 40 years old. Data were collected from June to August 2004 and were analyzed by frequencies, mean, and standard deviation. The following results were revealed. First, unmarried people in general had positive perspectives about getting marriaged, giving birth, and being a parent. In addition, the primary cause of low fertility rate was economical ...
Variance components and correlations of female fertility traits in Chinese Holstein population | Journal of Animal Science and...
This study investigated the relationships among parities and variance components in each parity for female fertility traits in Chinese Holsteins. In addition, the present study estimated genetic and phenotypic correlations between heifer traits and between cow traits. The results obtained from the present study will be useful for genetic evaluations in dairy cattle breeding programs, particularly for developing a routine genetic evaluation system for female fertility traits in Chinese Holstein population.. The average performances of fertility traits in the present study were similar to those of other populations in general [6, 12, 22]. It was also observed that all the fertility performances of heifers were better than those of cows, consistent with previous studies . The differences in the reproductive physiology between maiden heifers and cows could be caused by first calving and the negative energy balance resulting from high milk yield . In addition, the larger amount of censored ...
Effect of Different Fertility Levels and Organic Nutrient Sources on Growth and Yield of Wheat (<em>Triticum aestivum</em> L....
The experiment was conducted in split plot design with fifteen treatments combinations with three replications during rabi season 2018-19. The experiment consisted of three levels of fertility as main factor and five levels of organic sources assigning to sub-plots by replicating thrice. Three fertility levels were 75% recommended dose of fertilizers (RDF), 100% RDF (120:60:60 NPK) and 125% RDF. The five levels of organic sources were control, vermicompost @ 2.5 t ha-1, vermicompost @ 2.5 t ha-1 + Azotobacter + PSB, FYM (farmyard manures) @ 5 t ha-1 and FYM @ 5 t ha-1 + Azotobacter + PSB. Among fertility levels, the application of 100% RDF being at par with 125% RDF recorded maximum growth and yield attributes, grain (40.19 and 41.88 q ha-1, respectively) and straw (58.27 and 60.72 q ha-1, respectively) . Similarly, the application of FYM @ 5 t ha-1 being at par with vermicomposting @ 2.5 t ha-1
When is your Fertility at its Peak? | RMA of New York - World Class Fertility Service
When is your Fertility at its Peak? Reproductive Medicine Associates New York Clinic offers Infertility Fertility Treatment IVF - NYC, Manhattan, Long Island, Westchester, White Plains, Nassau County, Queens and even Mexico. High Infertility Success Rate. Patients can manage infertility treatment cost. Egg, Ovum Donations Welcome. Both Male and female infertility treated.
Fertility Friday Radio | Fertility Awareness for Pregnancy and Hormone-free birth control | Listen via Stitcher for Podcasts
Listen to Fertility Friday Radio | Fertility Awareness for Pregnancy and Hormone-free birth control episodes free, on demand. Fertility Friday Radio is your source for information about the Fertility Awareness Method and all things fertility related. Fertility Friday Radio debunks common myths about the fertility awareness method, birth control, and conception. Learn how to increase your chances of getting pregnant if youre trying to conceive, and learn how the Fertility Awareness Method is more effective than the pill for birth control when used correctly. Your host Lisa, founder of fertilityfriday.com, is passionate about womens health, specifically in the areas of fertility, hormone-free birth control, conception, and pregnancy. Lisa delivers in-depth weekly interviews with a wide variety of special guests covering fertility awareness, birth control, menstrual health, hormonal health, pregnancy and much more. The easiest way to listen to podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, smart speaker -
Female fertility - Demography
The fertility of an individual female is defined as the number of live births of babies to that female. Note that the term fertility rate is typically used when talking about aggregating fertility values across populations, but we simply talk of fertility when referring to a particular individual female. The fertility of an individual female is a nonnegative integer, i.e., it could take values 0, 1, 2, ... Due to biological considerations, it typically would not exceed 20 (there are only about 32 females in recorded history who have had more than 20 children, according to Wikipedias list of people with the most children). Fertility is a loose umbrella term. The more technical terms are described below. Note that in day-to-day parlance, fertility may be used in the sense of ability to produce children. In demographic jargon, we use the term fecundity for that sense of the word fertility, and reserve the use of the term fertility for actual children produced so far or in the future. ...
Abuse of weight loss drugs has a big impact on fertility | Health News
Recently, according to a weight loss news report, taking weight loss pills has a great impact on fertility, which may cause infertility. According to reports, various ingredients contained in weight loss medicines are at great risk to our body. Its important ingredient, fenfluramine , can cause h...
Sampling Variability in Microdemographic Estimation of Fertility Parameters by Penn Handwerker
This paper reports the results of an empirical investigation of sampling fluctuations in age specific fertility rates (ASFR), total fertility rates (TFR), and the ratios of ASFRs used to identify the age pattern of childbearing (ASFR at age X/ASFR at age 20-24). Fertility parameters may be accurately estimated from birth histories collected from as few as 50 women.
Explaining Low Fertility in Italy (ELFI)
Study Purpose: The surprisingly deep drop in Italian birth rates to among the lowest in the world (total fertility rate of 1.3 or below) has dramatically challenged existing social science theory by appearing to contradict population experts predictions of where such very low below replacement fertility would emerge. This interdisciplinary research project, known as ELFI (Explaining Low Fertility in Italy), has made considerable inroads into understanding the puzzle of lowest-low Italian fertility, reevaluating theories of reproduction and human behavior more generally. Through the use of innovative methodologies, an international team of collaborators from anthropology, sociology, and demography has produced key findings using both statistical, quantitative methods and extensive ethnographic, qualitative methods. Study Design: Four Italian cities were studied ethnographically by trained anthropologists. In each, both a working-class and a middle-class neighborhood were identified, and ...
Is a Vaginal pH Problem Affecting Your Fertility? - Natural Fertility Info.com Natural Fertility Info.com
Vaginal pH can have an impact on female fertility health. Learn the different types of pH problems to watch for and natural ways to overcome them.
Quiz & Worksheet - High Fertility Countries & Explanations | Study.com
Test what you know about high fertility countries and explanations for their rates with these study tools. You can answer quiz questions from...
Fertility clinic in York</span><i class=icon aria-hidden=...
Nuffield Health York Hospital offers a private fertility consultation clinic, where you can discuss all available options for fertility services in Yorkshire with leading Gynaecologist and Advanced fertility Consultant, Mrs Catherine Hayden. Mrs Hayden, is a renowned consultant working within the Leeds Fertility Clinic and further referrals for treatment and diagnosis will be referred into this service. Leeds Fertility also provides specialist counselling to support people struggling to conceive and to provide insight into the special implications of certain types of fertility treatment. Leeds Fertility is licensed by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority to provide fertility services and is also accredited to ISO 9001 International Quality Standard. The Leeds Fertility Clinic offers one of the largest and most comprehensive fertility services in the UK and delivers success rates above the national average. ...
Anti-TNF agents and potential effects on male fertility: are men being counseled? | BMC Urology | Full Text
Adult men with autoimmune conditions are commonly prescribed anti-tumor necrosis factor (anti-TNF) agents; however, there is a paucity of quality evidence as to their effect on male fertility (e.g. semen parameters and sperm quality). Our objective was to determine if men with autoimmune conditions are being counseled regarding the unknown reproductive effects of anti-TNF agents prior to initiation of therapy. A retrospective analysis of 1010 male patients age 18-45 who were prescribed an anti-TNF agent were assessed for (1) receipt of counseling regarding potential reproductive effects; (2) screening for anatomic or laboratory abnormalities associated with infertility; (3) election for sperm cryopreservation. Only 10.3% of men received counseling, and this was not associated with age (p = 0.77). Those who received counseling were significantly more likely to have a genitourinary exam performed, be assessed for presence of a varicocele, be asked about or endorse low libido or erectile dysfunction, have
HOW MUCH DOES INSURANCE COVER FOR FERTILITY TREATMENTS Natural Fertility Treatments - What to Expect | Top 5 natural fertility...
Obesity: The obesity epidemic has recently become is a serious issue, particularly in industrialized nations. The rising number of obese individuals may be due in part to an energy-rich diet as well as insufficient physical exercise. In addition to other potential health risks, obesity can have a significant impact on male and female fertility. BMI (body mass index) may be a significant factor in fertility, as an increase in BMI in the male by as little as three units can be associated with infertility. Several studies have demonstrated that an increase in BMI is correlated with a decrease in sperm concentration, a decrease in motility and an increase DNA damage in sperm. A relationship also exists between obesity and erectile dysfunction (ED). ED may be the consequence of the conversion of androgens to estradiol. The enzyme aromatase is responsible for this conversion, and is found primarily in adipose tissue. As the amount of adipose tissue increases, there is more aromatase available to ...
British Library EThOS: Reproductive capacity in the pubertal and post parturient doe rabbit in Cameroon
The aim of the current study were two fold; Firstly to establish the mechanism and timing of occurrence of fertility parameters associated with the onset of puberty and to investigate the effects, mechanisms and mode of action of restricted energy intake on growth rate, and age at puberty. Secondly, to study the effects of mating at different intervals post-partum on early fertility parameters and to identify the fertility parameters affected by early remating in three breeds of rabbits - the Local Cameroonian, the Californian and the New Zealand. The effects of two energy levels of intake on the onset of puberty were investigated. The results showed that restricted energy intake had no effect on mating behaviour but that, a critical level of oestradiol 17? was necessary to render the pituitary sensitive to GnRH following mating. It also revealed that the effects of nutrition on fertility parameters at puberty were mediated through the body weights achieved. Both a critical concentration of ...
Economic insecurity and fertility intentions: the case of Italy
Downloadable! Starting from the assumption that economic insecurity is a key factor behind childbearing decisions, we empirically assess how fertility intentions are affected by job instability, which may severely compromise the employment status of workers, and economic disadvantages in terms of household income and wealth. We show that the instability of womenï¿½s work status (i.e. the holding of occasional and precarious jobs) significantly postpones maternity decisions for medium/high level income households; the chances of further childbirth are significantly and negatively affected by household income insecurity. Finally, low levels of household wealth influence the decision of having a first child.
Fertility Intentions and Interest in Early Antiretroviral Th... : JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes
To the Editors:. In sub-Saharan Africa, stable heterosexual HIV-1 serodiscordant couples (ie, one member is HIV-1 infected and the other uninfected) account for a substantial proportion of new infections and are a priority population for novel prevention interventions.1 Serodiscordant couples frequently have high pregnancy incidence and intentionally risk HIV-1 transmission to conceive.2,3 Earlier antiretroviral therapy (ART) initiation (ie, at CD4 counts ,350 cells/μL) substantially reduces the risk of HIV-1 transmission within HIV-1 serodiscordant couples.4 Early ART may reduce periconception HIV-1 transmission risk due to decreased HIV-1 viral load and infectiousness.5,6 We investigated fertility intentions and interest in early ART for HIV-1 prevention among East African HIV-1-infected individuals in serodiscordant partnerships.. Between July and December 2011, we conducted a cross-sectional study among Kenyan and Ugandan heterosexual HIV-1 serodiscordant couples participating in the ...
Explaining Movements in Completed Fertility Across Cohorts
A life cycle model of fertility based on the quantity-quality model of fertility successfully explains changes in completed fertility in a period in which completed fertility first fell and then rose. This model furthermore accurately predicts the timing and level of the subsequent peak in completed fertility. Regressions based on Easterlins relative economic status theory of fertility are less successful in predicting fertility over a fifteen year period than regressions based on the quantity-quality model. Upon investigation, much of the increase in completed fertility associated with the baby boom appears to be primarily attributable to sporadic wage growth. ...
How Exactly Does Cannabis Affect Female Fertility? - Автоматические Дверные Системы Edora
How Exactly Does Cannabis Affect Female Fertility?. We now have tackled the consequences of cannabis on male potency in a past post. Now, lets discuss exactly how it impacts the ladies.. In comparison to fertility that is male feminine fertility is more complex. That is since it involves more than simply the capability to conceive. Feminine fertility comes with the miracle that is scientific of another individual within your human body until it reaches complete term.. Sterility problems are plaguing couples nowadays. For US partners alone, near to 15per cent are receiving dilemmas conceiving. And because fertility remedies not merely cost a kings ransom, but take a toll also on individuals actually, emotionally, mentally, as well as spiritually, the majority are searching for less expensive and much more normal alternatives.. Worldwide CBD Exchange. Therefore, with cannabis center that is taking whilst the brand new wonder medication, lots of people are wondering whether cannabis can also ...
Social patterns and differentials in the fertility transition in the context of HIV/AIDS : evidence from population...
Background: Literature is limited on the effects of high prevalence HIV on fertility in the absence of treatment, and the effects of the introduction of sustained access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) on fertility. We summarize fertility patterns in rural northeast South Africa over 21 years during dynamic social and epidemiological change. Methods: We use data for females aged 15-49 from the Agincourt health and socio-demographic surveillance system (1993-2013). We use discrete time event history analysis to summarize patterns in the probability of any birth. Results: Overall fertility declined in 2001-2003, increased in 2004-2011, and then declined in 2012-2013. South Africans showed a similar pattern. Mozambicans showed a different pattern, with strong declines prior to 2003 before stalling during 2004-2007, and then continued fertility decline afterwards. There was an inverse gradient between fertility levels and household socioeconomic status. The gradient did not vary by time or ...
Fertility Nutrition - Optimizing Natural Fertility Natural fertility treatment - OHbaby! | WHERE TO BUY INFERTILITY TREATMENTS...
When weighing the options, the pros and cons of intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) will, of course, be explored fully in discussion with your physician. In general terms, you can expect IUI to be a simpler process, less invasive, and lower cost. Some fertility specialists recommend attempting one or more cycles of artificial insemination before moving to IVF but this does not apply to everyone. For example, for an older woman, to try artificial insemination first may take up valuable time and the recommendation could well be to move straight to IVF. But before you can compare the two treatments, you need to know what exactly you could expect from IVF. ...
Social and Economic Aspects of Human Fertility : Schedule
Analyzes the correlates of fertility levels in societies and childbearing among individuals and couples. Examines classical theories of fertility change at the societal level and contemporary critiques of these theories. Also examines the determinants of fertility at the individual level, with an emphasis on differences in the timing first birth and total family size by social class and ethnicity in developed and developing countries.
Schoen et al. (1999). 1. In what ways does Schoen et al.s study move ahead from prior research? How do their findings contradict those from previous studies?. 2. Schoen et al. state that it is important to distinguish the additional information effect and mediation effect of fertility intention. Why? What is the implication for this distinction?. 3. Does fertility intention have the same meaning as fertility desire?. 4. Schoen et al. summarized that fertility intention could be mediated by some variables (e.g. spouses intention, lifecycle factors and reproduction related changes), of which the individual has various degree of control. However, how can we understand the mediating factors that are out of an individuals control? (for example, one-child policy.). 5. According to Schoen et al.s regression results on married and unmarried persons, educational level is significant for unmarried persons, but loses its significance for married persons. How can we interpret this result?. 6. ...
We support Fertility in practice - Embryolab Academy
The KIVELI Fertility Association and Embryolab Academy with Embryolab Fertility Clinic, along with the significant support of the Greek district of the AHEPA Association, held their second event in Thessaloniki, for the second consecutive year, and on the occasion of the European Fertility Week. The topic was We support fertility in practice.. The week from November 6th until the 12th has been designated, by the Fertility European Organization, as the Fertility Week Across Europe. Actions and activities are being carried out in every European country to raise awareness and advertence among all fertility bodies.. We celebrate 40 years of assisted reproduction.. From 1978 up to date, more than 6,500,000 children have been born around the world thanks to therapies and assisted reproduction techniques, said Dimitra Drakopoulou, President of the Kiveli Fertility Society.. A large audience but also a very big number of students attended the event, during which, Assisted Reproduction specialists ...
Safe & Effective] Bio Hard Male Enhancement Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility « KKV Hansa Haus
Wouldnt Male Enhancement Distributors In Usa guard who had been grasped by the military and Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility now a celebrity in We County With the help of the fire. Originally, this had nothing to do with the Gu Wu family But just now, he gave Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility because Adderall Xr Canada Pharmacy little confident in his own memory. We stopped his father quickly and knocked on Ageless Male Max Walgreens opened, and The girl came out, smiling at The womenai, She, whats the matter? No Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility. Brother Li Bai will help you find them come back Brother Li Bai is the best Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility that Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility Exercise To Strengthen Penis swiss navy max size cream do. It was not worried about leaving now It was also Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility in the cold field here I didnt Qunol Ultra Coq10 Fertility Cialis And Sleeping Pills another topic I nodded. and his words are quite funny The huge load pills the ...
Does Laptop Wi-Fi Damage Sperm, Lower Fertility in Men? | EmaxHealth
Laptop computers are being studied in health circles because of their possible impact on fertility, particularly in men. Previous studies looked at the laptop as a heat source, raising the temperature of the scrotum and possibly damaging sperm in the process. A new study, conducted by Argentinian researchers at Nascentis Medicina Reproductiva, finds that another possible culprit to male infertility may be the Wi-Fi signal in their laptops.. Conrado Avendano MS and colleagues obtained semen samples from 29 healthy men and placed a few drops under a laptop connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. After four hours, a quarter of the sperm showed a significant decrease in progressive sperm motility, compared to just 14% from semen samples stored at the same temperature away from the computer. This means that the sperm exposed to the signal were less capable of moving toward an egg to fertilize it. In addition, nine percent of the sperm samples showed DNA damage, three-fold more than the comparison ...
Irregular Periods | Natural Fertility Info.com
About her use of the FertiliCare Phase 1 & 2 Program, Emilie says, Had irregular cycles, with no ovulation. First month got my cycle down to 30 days, did not ovulate. Month two, ovulated and conceived. Would recommend this product. Was taking the lowest suggested dose. 30 drops twice a day.. Emilie wanted to share more of her story with you! Read more of her story below…. My cycles have been irregular for quite a while. I knew from research that this would indicate anovulation. Went to my GYN to see if there was possibly something wrong and what my next steps were. Blood work said there wasnt anything wrong. Great news, but I still wasnt ovulating or pregnant. Gyn said I needed to see a fertility specialist. I grappled with that idea for about a week and decided I was not going. I did not want that for my body. After reading many articles on Natural Fertility Info, I looked into the Fertilica FertiliCare Phase 1&2, as well as the Self Fertility Massage. My first cycle using the product ...
Fertility of HIV-infected women: insights from Demographic and Health Surveys | Sexually Transmitted Infections
The study confirmed the UNAIDS assumptions of higher fertility for women 15-19 years old and lower fertility for women older than 20 years old for HIV-positive women in 20 national population-based surveys. The result also indicated that sexually active women with HIV infection had a lower fertility across all age groups compared with women who were sexually active but who were not infected with HIV. However, the analyses suggested that the previous assumptions, which set the ASFR ratio to 1.5 for 15-19 years and 0.7 for the remaining age groups,3 15 could be improved. We recommended an updated fertility adjustment, 1.2, 0.76, 0.71, 0.65, 0.59, 0.53 and 0.47, for each 5-year age bracket from 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44 and 45-49 years old, respectively. In addition, we proposed that the ASFR ratio in the 15-19-year-old age group should be adjusted based on the proportion of sexually active women in that age group if country-specific information is available.. One major concern of ...
Fertility/Infertility - Symptoms, Treatments and Resources for Fertility/Infertility
Fertility/Infertility - MedHelps Fertility/Infertility Center for Information, Symptoms, Resources, Treatments and Tools for Fertility/Infertility. Find Fertility/Infertility information, treatments for Fertility/Infertility and Fertility/Infertility symptoms.
EU research suggests that PCBs damage sperm - but finds no dramatic effect on male fertility
The impact of persistent organochlorine pollutants (POPs), of which PCBs and DDT are two, on human fertility is still unknown and there are limited and contradictory findings so far as to whether PCBs and DDT/DDE damage human sperm. This study, which is part of a wide-ranging project known as INUENDO, set out also to see whether these two POPs damage sperm by altering its chromatin integrity. (Chromatin is the DNA and associated proteins that make up a chromosome ...
Egg Freezing & Other Ways to be Proactive About Your Fertility | AZ Fertility
Talk to your doctor or OB/GYN or fertility specialist. If you have questions about your reproductive health you should discuss your options with your doctor, OB/GYN, or a fertility specialist (like AZCREI). There are many health conditions that impact fertility, including hormone imbalances, PCOS, thyroid disorders, uterine fibroids, damage to the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, and STIs. Age, BMI, and your family medical history can all affect fertility as well. You may want to write down your questions ahead of time, before your visit, so you can get all the answers you need to create a plan for your next steps.. Evaluate your lifestyle and habits. A chat with your doctor may spur you to evaluate a few of your lifestyle choices and habits. Since BMI can affect fertility, you may want to gain or lose weight before you start trying to conceive in order to increase your chances of a successful pregnancy. Exercise, regardless of your BMI, is also important for your general health. If you smoke, ...
Impact of sperm chromatin damage on natural fertility and ART success: evidence- based medicine | BMC Genomics | Full Text
Diagnosis of male infertility has been based mainly on the traditional semen parameters (concentration, motility and morphology). Historically, the semen analysis results are the foundation on which clinicians base their decision for treatment for a given couple. It has, however, become clear that semen parameters are insufficient for the determination of male fertility potential. A continuous search for better markers of male fertility has led to an increased focus on testing of sperm chromatin integrity in fertility workup and ART. Sperm DNA damage is a useful biomarker for male infertility diagnosis and prediction of assisted reproduction outcomes. It is associated with reduced fertilization rates, embryo quality and pregnancy rates, and higher rates of spontaneous miscarriage and childhood diseases. Successful fertilization of the human oocyte from spermatozoa with damaged DNA may lead to paternal transmission of defective genetic material with adverse consequences to embryo development. ...
Womens Health Matters - Study shows how chemotherapy may affect womens fertility
August 26, 2011. By Patricia Nicholson. A new study of cancer survivors suggests that chemotherapy may affect womens fertility, even if their periods return after treatment. Many women undergoing chemotherapy experience amenorrhea, meaning that their periods stop during treatment. In most cases, their periods return within one year, especially in younger women. However, some women experience permanent ovarian failure. A study of more than 600 cancer survivors found that even among those whose periods returned, women who had undergone chemotherapy were at increased risk for infertility and early menopause.. Researchers at the University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine surveyed 620 women who were diagnosed with cancer between the ages of 18 and 40. All of the women had been treated with chemotherapy alone (not with pelvic radiation, pelvic surgery or bone marrow transplants that may affect fertility). The women were treated for either Hodgkins disease, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, ...
Does Alcohol Affect Fertility?
Kold Jensen, Tina , and Niels Henrik I Hjollund. Does moderate alcohol consumption affect fertility? Follow up study among couples planning first pregnancy. British Medical Journal 317.7157 (1998): 505-510. Print.. Top of Form. Bottom of Form. Reproductive Health: Smoking Affects Fertility in Women. Centers for Disease Control. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 July 2011. www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/sgr/2010/highlight_sheets/pdfs/overview_reproductive.pdf. Why caffeine can reduce fertility in women. Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment & Technology. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 July 2011. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110523121142.htm. BBC NEWS , Health , Coffee worsens poor fertility. BBC News - Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 July 2011. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7494249.stm ...
Mammalian Sperm Fertility Related Proteins [Abstract]
Abstract. Infertility is an important aspect of human and animal reproduction and still presents with much etiological ambiguity. As fifty percent of infertility is related to the male partner, molecular investigations on sperm and seminal plasma can lead to new knowledge on male infertility. Several comparisons between fertile and infertile human and other species sperm proteome have shown the existence of potential fertility markers. These proteins have been categorized into energy related, structural and other functional proteins which play a major role in sperm motility, capacitation and sperm-oocyte binding. The data from these studies show the impact of sperm proteome studies on identifying different valuable markers for fertility screening. In this article, we review recent development in unraveling sperm fertility related proteins.. Keywords: proteomics, sperm, fertility, protein, infertility. ...
New Plant Introductions | High Country Gardens | Ideal Region: West; Soil Type: Low Fertility Soil
High Country Gardens continues its tradition of introducing new plant varieties. The plants we offer are easy-to-grow, beautiful, and adaptable to a wide range of climates, cold hardiness and low-water conditions. Our plants celebrate the concept that landscape and garden plants should reflect the natural beauty and growing conditions of each local climate. | Ideal Region: West; Soil Type: Low Fertility Soil
Perennial Plants | Sustainable Gardening | High Country Gardens | Advantages: Low Maintenance; Soil Type: Low Fertility Soil
Our unique and exclusive perennials can brighten your landscape with colorful blooms and save you water! Most of our offerings are drought tolerant; less water doesnt mean less beauty! Their nectar-rich flowers provide welcome nourishment for songbirds, hummingbirds and butterflies alike. | Advantages: Low Maintenance; Soil Type: Low Fertility Soil
Evaluation of fertility data | Tools for Demographic Estimation
The total of the answers to the questions relating to living children, present and absent, provides the total number of children born and surviving; adding the reported numbers of children dead gives the total number of children ever born to the woman. When summing these individual answers, care must be taken not to treat error or missing value codes as legitimate responses. For example, if a missing value is coded as 9, the process of deriving measures of the total children ever born, surviving and dead must make sure to exclude these codes.. It is not uncommon for the total number of children ever born to be truncated at some relatively high number (e.g. 11+). When this is the case, the only plausible assumption is that women in that category have had the lower bounds number of children. The resulting errors are generally small, except in the case of extremely high fertility and, even then, only at the oldest ages.. In evaluating the quality of data on lifetime fertility, the analyst should ...
Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists of California | San Diego
By definition, Azoospermia means that a man does not have a measurable amount of sperm in his ejaculate. The condition is typically diagnosed when a patient and their partner are experiencing difficulty conceiving and seek testing and diagnosis from a fertility specialist. A semen analysis will be performed in order to determine the number of viable sperm found in the male patients ejaculate. If virtually no sperm is found, your doctor may suggest additional testing as necessary2 (Jarow et al. 2011. AUA). This testing can include a semen analysis at a fertility laboratory such as The Fertility Center of California (FCC), the partner laboratory of The Male Fertility Specialists. A fertility lab, like FCC, with a technique called high speed centrifugation (HSC), a few sperm can often be found that may have been missed by testing in some of the larger, less-specialized laboratories or by at-home sperm count tests. Indeed, HSC can find sperm in approximately 15% of specimens initially thought to ...
weight-gain - Fertility Drugs Online
FertilityDrugsOnline.com offers information about fertility and fertility treatments but this information should not be used as medical advice. We cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of information available on our website. Always speak to a doctor or other qualified health care provider about any health concerns such as taking fertility meds, side effects, fertility treatments, and medical diagnosis. When FertilityDrugsOnline.com mentions brand names it does not constitute a claim on any patent or trademark the products patent holder or manufacturer owns. Price and availability may change without notice and products may not be exactly as illustrated. Drugs to increase fertility are available through FertilityDrugsOnline.com with a valid prescription only ...
PROGESTERONE AND FERTILITY ABSTRACT George E. Mann
85 George E. Mann PROGESTERONE AND FERTILITY George E. Mann1 ABSTRACT Fertility in the modern dairy cow is currently low and appears to be declining. Poor fertility is due to a number of factors, one of which is inadequate progesterone secretion by the mother during early pregnancy. While the reasons for poor progesterone secretion are still to be fully elucidated a number of factors have been implicated. Treatment with progesterone can yield improvements in pregnancy rate but it is important to ensure that treatment is administered at an appropriate time and targeted at those cows that actually need it. INTRODUCTION In the wild ancestors of the modern dairy cow fertility is high, with first service pregnancy rates approaching 90% leading to most cows calving within an 8 week period. Despite continued efforts to improve fertility, these figures represent little more than a dream to the modern dairy farmer. Poor fertility is a major problem and in many countries is approaching a level where ...
Fertility Factor 5 Natural Male Fertility Supplement Review 
At a Glance: Fertility Factor 5? Where to Buy - Natural Male Fertility Product? How it Works? Can It Really Help You Get Pregnant? Benefits, Safety, Value.
Deluxe Fertility Kit - $12.99 : Fertility Supplies Online, Human Artificial Insemination Supplies, IUI, ICI, Sperm Donor...
Fertility Supplies Online Deluxe Fertility Kit - Our fertility kits provide you with everything you need to help you become pregnant. Invest in one of our great value fertility kits and then just sit back, relax and wait for that positive result. Good Luck! Check out our other kits. Our Deluxe Fertility Kit consists of: 5 syringes
Fertility Affects Susceptibility of Chrysanthemum to Cotton Aphids: Influence on Plant Growth, Photosynthesis, Ethylene...
This research details the influence of fertility on plant growth, photosynthesis, ethylene evolution and herbivore abundance of chrysanthemum (Dendranthema grandiflora Tzvelev `Charm) inoculated with cotton aphids (Aphis gossypii Glover). We tested five fertility levels that consisted of 0%, 5%, 10%, 20%, and 100% (375 ppm N) of recommended nitrogen levels. Aphid abundance was greatest at high fertility. Fertility affected the vertical distribution of aphids. A higher population of aphids were observed in physiologically mature and older leaves at low fertility, whereas at high fertility young leaves had 33% more aphids than older, basal leaves. Aphids depressed plant vegetative and reproductive growth, and altered carbohydrate partitioning at high fertility. Aphid-inoculated (AI) plants at high fertility had increased specific leaf area [(SLA), i.e., thinner leaves] and greater leaf area than aphid-free (NonAI) plants. Aphids caused greater ethylene production in reproductive buds and young ...
Effects of different estrous synchronization protocols on estrus and subsequent fertility in cycling cows Archives » Anandpub
Title: Effects of different estrous synchronization protocols on estrus and subsequent fertility in cycling cows. Authors: Amit Kumar, JS Mehta, Swati Ruhil and GN Purohit. Source: Ruminant Science (2018)-7(1):83-86.. Cite this reference as: Kumar Amit, Mehta JS, Ruhil Swati and Purohit GN (2018). Effects of different estrous synchronization protocols on estrus and subsequent fertility in cycling cows. Ruminant Science 7(1):83-86.. Abstract. Present study was conducted on 53 healthy cyclic cow of 2-5 parity and ,90 day postpartum to evaluate the efficacy and subsequent fertility of three estrus synchronization protocols i.e. CIDR-PG (n=13), Ovsynch (n=15), Heatsynch (n=15). The animals of control group (n=10) remained untreated. After end of the protocol all the treated cows were observed daily morning-evening for 7 days for the occurrence of signs of estrus and inseminated artificially 12 to 18 hrs after the onset of estrus. Cohort development of developing follicles (5 mm) was monitored by ...
Teen Fertility « Razib Khan
Poking around Google Data Explorer I reacquainted myself with an interesting fact: though the teen birth rate in Bangladesh is greater than that in Pakistan, the total fertility rate is far lower. The disjunction has emerged over the last generation, as Bangladeshs TFR has dropped much faster than Pakistans. To the left you see a scatter plot, which shows teen fertility rates (age 15-19) as a function of total fertility rates. Ive labeled a few nations, and also added the color coding by region. It is notable that the nations above the trend line seem to be Latin American, while those below are disproportionately Middle Eastern. That means that Latin American nations have higher teen fertility in relation to their total fertility, while Middle Eastern nations have lower teen fertility in relation to their total fertility. Sweden actually has a rather high fertility rate in relation to its teen birth rate. The expectation is generated by world wide patterns, so I thought Id look more closely ...
Certified Natural Fertility Management Courses in Central Queensland (eg. Mount Isa) QLD | NaturalTherapyPages.com.au
Study natural fertility management & become a natural fertility specialist. Find certified Natural Fertility Management Courses in Central Queensland (eg. Mount Isa) QLD with the help of NaturalTherapyPages.com.au.
Fertility - Wikipedia
30] Studies of actual couples trying to conceive have come up with higher results: one 2004 study of 770 European women found that 82% of 35- to 39-year-old women conceived within a year, while another in 2013 of 2,820 Danish women saw 78% of 35- to 40-year-olds conceive within a year. The use of fertility drugs and/or invitro fertilization can increase the chances of becoming pregnant at a later age. Successful pregnancies facilitated by fertility treatment have been documented in women as old as 67. Studies since 2004 now show that mammals may continue to produce new eggs throughout their lives, rather than being born with a finite number as previously thought. Researchers at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, say that if eggs are newly created each month in humans as well, all current theories about the aging of the female reproductive system will have to be overhauled, although at this time this is simply conjecture. According to the March of Dimes, ...
My Science - Blog / Mein Naturwissenschaftsblog: An Evolutionary Perspective on Human Fertility
This paper illustrates evolutionary approaches to population issues. Life history theory is a general theoretical framework that incorporates environmental influences, contextual influences, and heritable variation. In general, physically or psychologically stressful environments delay maturation and the onset of reproductive competence. Perceptions of scarcity also result in lower fertility by delaying reproduction or having fewer children-a phenomenon viewed as an adaptation to ancestral environments. The desire for upward social mobility is viewed as an evolved motive disposition affecting fertility decisions. The opportunity for upward social mobility typically results in delaying reproduction and lowering fertility in the interest of increasing investment in children. Variation in life history strategies is also influenced by genetic variation, but genetic variation interacts with cultural shifts in the social control of sexual behavior. Finally, I discuss the effects of between-group ...
Fertility Intention Beads - When Fate, Beauty and Good Energy Meet | Pulling Down the Moon
Fertility Intention Beads - When Fate, Beauty and Good Energy Meet. Pulling Down the Moon offers a variety of holistic healthcare services for fertility. Call us at (312) 321-0004 or (301) 610-7755 for more information today!
U.S. Fertility Rates Declining - Reproductive Partners Blog
According to new a report release by the National Center for Health Statistics, fertility rates in the United States are continuing to decline and we have now reached a point where the number of new babies born is below whats needed for the population to replace itself.. For the population to be able to replace itself, the total fertility rate needs to be 2,100 births per 1,000 women of childbearing age over their lifetime. But, according to the new report, the total fertility rate in 2017 was 1,765.5 births per 1,000 women. In 2016, it was 1,820.5 births per 1,000 women. The total fertility rate has been declining for the past seven years, but the 2017 numbers show the biggest drop in recent history.. While this information may sound grim, it it not necessarily a picture of doom. Fertility rates were bound to decline after the peak rates that were seen during the time of the baby boom generation. So, this is not unexpected news. In addition, year after year, we have been seeing a decline in ...
Recent Fertility Among Foreign Women - Sex Movies
the patterns of recent fertility among immigrant women along the dimensions of national origin, education, geographic settlement, and linguistic behavior using data from the 2000-2004 American Community Survey.. Estimates of fertility for the overseas-born based on the period Total Fertility Rate (TFR) suggest that levels of bearing are significantly higher among foreign-born women than women born in the UK. However, migration and timing of subsequent family. Birth and fertility among the resident population Year 2016 This major decline is partly due to the recent sharp drop in weddings, which hit the minimum in 2014, when only 189,765 weddings were celebrated (57,000 less Total Fertility rate of foreign women 2.65 2.43 1.97 1.94 1.97. According to recent estimates, the Total Fertility Rate for Hispanic women was 2.4, (2011) demonstrated that the higher levels of observed fertility among foreign-born Hispanic women - and Mexicans in particular - is a result of both the demographic composition of ...
Cialis And Fertility
Medications that impair male fertility. Male Fertility Specialists usually like to see at least 2 semen analysis to feel confident of the patients baseline status. 1%, compared to 2. 5mg to 40mg in stock Male Fertility FAQs Male Fertility Questions and Answers. A phase ii study of narcolepsy is eds and neurocognitive e ects o such actors as well as disorders of fertility on cialis effects gonadal and genital tracts e. Cialis side effects fertility, - Viagra time take effect. 8% in placebo-treated patients.. The risk of …. These drugs heralded the notion that although there might be a physical or a psychological problem, it was solvable and reliably so, by taking the medications Cialis effects on fertility and Avodart active ingredient. Cialis is used Generic Cialis Canadian to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) and symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate). In three placebo-controlled clinical trials of 12 or 24 weeks duration, mean age was 58 years (range 21 to 82) and ...
Meet the NFP Team l Natural Fertility Prescription
Natural Fertility Prescription provides natural fertility coaching and support on your path to parenthood. Our certified naturopathic physicians are expert
Dr. Li-Chen Natural Fertility Program | Dr. Li-Chen Natural Fertility Clinic
Dr. Li-Chen Natural Fertility Program centers on a thorough mind/ body assessment of the patient and the use of regular acupuncture and cupping therapy treatments. Additional elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and advanced medical technologies may be recommended to the patient, based on and tailored to the patients individual needs.
Top Natural Fertility Specialists in Chermside West QLD | NaturalTherapyPages.com.au
Need Natural Fertility Specialists near your area? Check out NaturalTherapyPages.com.aus list of the best Natural Fertility Care in Chermside West QLD.
Nausea and Other Fertility Drug Side Effects - Nausea Help
that a medication has that is not its primary intended effect. In this sense, nearly every type of medication has some side effect or another. Fertility drugs are no exception.. Fertility drugs generally come into two types. The first type, which is given in the form of a pill, would include drugs such as Clomid. Other types of fertility drugs are typically injected, such as Repronex, Follistim, Pergonal, Repronex, and Gonal-F. In general, the injectible fertility medications tend to have fewer side effects than pill fertility drugs.. One side effect that is common in both types of fertility drugs is the risk of multiple births. In somewhere around half of cases, fertility drugs lead to a pregnancy with twins or multiples. Multiple births and multiple pregnancies carry with them certain inherent risks, which should be discussed with your health care provider before starting fertility drugs.. Another concern with fertility drugs is the risk of ovarian cancer. There is some research to suggest ...
Socioeconomic analysiss of fertility determinants in Urban Ethiopia | Ethiopian Economic Association
p,Fertility, being a major study unit in population dynamics, should be analyzed from different perspectives as it plays a pivotal role in understanding the complex issues integral to population growth. The main objective of this study was, therefore, to understand what the micro level major socio - economic determinants of fertility are in the case of urban Ethiopia. Count data models were used to estimate fertility, given by the number of children ever born by a woman, using the Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey (EDHS) data of 2005. The main findings of the study showed that education, age at first marriage, labor force participation and wealth status of women are negatively related to fertility while child mortality was not found to be a significant determinant of fertility. The findings of the study revealed that fertility decision is influenced by various socio-economic variables and, hence, achieving a low level of fertility rate requires an all rounded sustainable development ...
Testicular Cancer and Fertility - Huntsman Cancer Institute - University of Utah Health Care - Salt Lake City, Utah
Apr 28 2017, 9:00 AM When a man is diagnosed with testicular cancer, providers work quickly to begin treatment. In this fast process, one big concern can move down the list of priorities: fertility. While men of all ages can have testicular cancer, it is the most common cancer for men in their teens, 20s, and 30s, and men in this age group may want to have children someday.. For some, fertility is impacted during treatment but returns when treatment ends. For others, the effects on fertility are permanent. It is important to ask your doctor about the impact treatment can have on your fertility before treatment begins.. Fertility in men with testicular cancer can be affected by several things:. ...
Fertility Preservation: Ca Patients Not Always Told | MDedge ObGyn
Major Finding: Many oncologists are not likely to mention fertility preservation to cancer patients who have a poor prognosis, contrary to guidelines.. Data Source: A national 53-item survey of 513 U.S. oncologists.. Disclosures: The study was sponsored by the American Cancer Society. Dr. Quinn and her associates stated that they have no conflicts of interest.. ATLANTA - Physicians attitudes may conflict with recommended guidelines for fertility preservation and reduce the likelihood that cancer patients will receive information about this reproductive option.. That conclusion was drawn from a national 53-item survey of 513 U.S. oncologists, specifically examining physicians attitudes toward fertility preservation referral among cancer patients with a poor prognosis.. Sixty percent of respondents agreed with the statement that fertility preservation is a high priority for me to discuss with newly diagnosed cancer patients, while 26% were unsure and 14% disagreed, Gwendolyn Quinn, Ph.D., and ...
blog Archives - Fertility Centre Nepal
The following are the fertility drugs which are the best treatment for the women who are infertile due to ovulation disorder and these are:. a) Clomid: Clomid is a fertility drug which is taken by mouth and stimulates ovulation by causing the pituitary gland to release more FSH (Follicle-stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone) so that it will stimulate the growth of an ovarian follicle that is containing an egg.. b) Metformin: Metformin is a fertility drug which is given to women when insulin resistance is a known or suspected cause of infertility. Usually, the fertility experts at Fertility Center Nepal recommend Metformin to the women who diagnosed with PCOS. Metformin is a fertility drug which helps in improving insulin resistance and also it will help in improving the likelihood of ovulation.. c) Gonadotropins: Gonadotropins is an injectable fertility drug which is given to the women so that it will directly stimulate women ovaries to produce multiple eggs, instead of stimulating ...
Fertility desire among HIV-positive women in Tigray region, Ethiopia : implications for the provision of reproductive health...
BackgroundThere is growing recognition of the difficult reproductive decisions faced by HIV-positive women. Studies in both resource-constrained and developed countries have suggested that many HIV-positive women continue to desire children in spite of their understanding of the possible risks that HIV poses. This study investigates the factors associated with fertility desire among HIV-positive women in Tigray region, Ethiopia.MethodsA cross-sectional survey was conducted among 964 HIV-positive women receiving HIV care in 12 health centers of Tigray region. In each health center, the number of study participants was allocated proportionally to the load of HIV-positive women in the chronic care clinics. A descriptive summary of the data and a logistic regression model were used to identify factors associated with fertility desire using odds ratios with a 95% confidence interval and P-value of 0.05.ResultsFour hundred and thirty nine (45.5%) of the participants reported a desire to have children ...
9780511985454 - Principles and Practice of Fertility Preservation
Contents: Foreword; Preface; Part I. Introduction: 1. The evolution of ART; 2. The effect of chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment for cancer on the reproductive system in humans; 3. Fertility preservation in non-cancer patients; Part II. Cancer Biology, Epidemiology and Treatment: 4. Basic cancer biology and immunology; 5. Breast cancer and fertility preservation: a view from oncology; 6. Breast cancer therapy and reproduction; 7. Pediatric cancer therapy and fertility; 8. Cancer epidemiology and environmental factors in children, adolescents and young adults; Part III. Reproductive Biology and Cryobiology: 9. Life and death in the germ line: apoptosis and the origins of DNA damage in human spermatozoa; 10. Molecular aspects of follicular development; 11. Fundamental cryobiology of reproductive cells and tissues: concepts and misconceptions; 12. Fundamental aspects of vitrification as a method of reproductive cell, tissue, and organ cryopreservation; Part IV. Fertility Preservation Strategies ...
Who We Are - Michigan Center for Fertility and Womens Health
We balance this nurturing environment with state-of-the-art care, making Michigan Center for Fertility & Womens Health one of the best fertility clinics in Michigan. We offer the latest in fertility treatment, including in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation induction, fertility preservation, semen analysis, hormone testing, egg and sperm freezing, embryo cryopreservation, and ICSI (the most successful form of treatment for men who are infertile - its used in nearly half of all IVF treatments). We also specialize in pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), a screening test used to determine if there are any genetic conditions, and pre-implantation genetic screening (PGS) which samples for chromosomal abnormalities. We are also the only Michigan fertility clinic to currently offer INVOcell, a revolutionary new fertility treatment. For a complete list of MCFWHs services and treatment options, click below. ...
Treating Fertility Holistically - Chamomile Therapies - Berkhamsted
The aim of any holistic treatment which is addressing fertility is to help to create and maintain a healthy environment within the uterus for foetal development. Fertility Reflexology can help to facilitate this state of homeostasis by balancing hormones which then in turn helps to reduce the impact of any menstrual irregularity.. Stress can be one of the most significant factors impacting upon fertility. Anxiety around fertility can cause huge amounts of stress which can be a cause of infertility. Often women struggling with fertility will have visited medical doctors on a number of occasions and will have had numerous investigative tests, whilst also monitoring their own menstrual cycle which leads to a vicious cycle.. The reason for stress and anxiety having such an impact upon fertility is because this leads to an elevation of stress hormones in the body which includes adrenaline, norepinephrine and cortisol, which are both produced by the adrenal glands. These stress hormones then divert ...
Toxic Truth: Lead and Fertility
Using U.S county level data on lead in air for 1978-1988, this paper provides the first causal evidence on the effects of airborne lead exposure on the general fertility rate and the completed fertility rate in the broad population. Instrumental variable estimates show the increase in completed fertility implied by the average observed decrease in airborne lead is 0.14 children per woman, which is 6.4 percent of mean fertility. To explore the current relevance of our findings, we estimate the effect of lead historically accumulated in topsoil on fertility in the 2000s. The results suggest that lead may continue to impair fertility today, both in the United States and in other countries that have significant amounts of lead in topsoil. ...
Fertility | Natural Fertility Supplements | Sexual Health | Online Health Store
Evergreen.ie stock an extensive range of natural fertility products for both men and women available in many forms including tablet, capsule, sprays and liquids.
Susan G. Komen San Diego | Fertility Preservation for Breast Cancer Patients
Ehren turned to a local fertility group, Reproductive Partners-UCSD Regional Fertility Center, for help. Like a growing number of other young cancer patients, she decided on fertility preservation to maximize her options for the future. Fertility preservation -freezing a patients eggs or embryos before undergoing potentially damaging cancer treatments-gives women the opportunity to pursue In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) years later when they are healthy and cancer-free. ...
Fertility Factor 5 Male Fertility Product Review & Results 
What is Fertility Factor 5? Where Can I Buy - Male Fertility Product? Does really work? Real Customers Reviews, Clinical Studies, Pros and Cons, FAQs...
Fertility Preservation Service | The Royal Womens Hospital
Information for health professionals. The Fertility Preservation Clinic is focused on the protection and preservation of fertility for patients who have cancer or another health issue that puts fertility at risk.
Marijuana use affects fertility treatment outcomes
Marijuana use affects fertility treatment outcomes Fri Mar 31, 2006 By Will Boggs, MD NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The likelihood of a good outcome of fertility treatment is reduced if either the man or the woman uses marijuana, compared with couples that dont use it, the results of a new study suggest. If these study findings are confirmed by additional research, we would recommend that physicians tell couples to not use marijuana for at least one year before starting fertility
War and the changing timing of fertility in Iraq - LSE Research Online
Presented in Session 144: Timing of Fertility.) Iraqs fertility transition is largely undocumented. This paper provides a detailed account of recent fertility trends in the country, with a particular focus on the changes resulting from the 2003-2011 war and the factors underlying them. The study is based on retrospective birth history data from the 2006 and 2011 Iraq Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys. Estimates from the two surveys indicate that total fertility remained stable from 1997 to 2010 at a rate of about 4.5 children per woman. However, an examination of the age patterns of fertility reveals an abrupt shift in the timing of births, with adolescent fertility rising by over 30% soon after the onset of the war. A decomposition analysis shows that the rise in early childbearing is due to an increased prevalence of early marriage among the less educated. These findings have serious implications for womens health and empowerment in Iraq and similar war-affected settings.. ...
New York Fertility Clinic: IVF Success Rates: Fertility Authority
There are many fertility clinic options in New York city and surrounding boroughs. Choosing one may seem rather difficult. One way to begin comparing the fertility clinics is to look at their success rates. Fertility clinic success rates for New York City fertility clinics, as well as for clinics across the United States, can be found in the Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Report. The ART Report, which is compiled by the CDC, lists success rates for every fertility clinic in the United States for IVF procedures using fresh and frozen non-donor eggs, and fresh and frozen donor eggs. The success rates for non-donor egg IVF cycles are broken out by age group.
What to Expect at The Fertility Institute | The Fertility Institute of New Orleans
Before you begin fertility care at The Fertility Institute, you will meet with one of our doctors to determine which services and treatments are right for you. This initial consultation consists of a conversation about your relevant medical history, family building goals and possible treatment options. Based on your history, age, and how aggressively you wish to pursue treatment, your doctor will order a number of diagnostic tests to evaluate both partners.. If possible, your first visit to The Fertility Institute should be attended by both partners, unless the person seeking treatment is single. Because infertility may be the result of many different conditions, to get a better understanding of your individual condition, we may conduct a full fertility assessment.. The fertility assessment will require comprehensive tests to evaluate possible causes of infertility. For the female, these tests may include a hormonal evaluation and the examination of the physical integrity and structure of the ...
Male infertility / Sources of Infertility - Fertility center Tijuana treatment,Tijuana,Mexico,clinic fertility,infertilit
We know that certain chemicals can adversely affect sperm development (spermatogenesis) and lower sperm counts. Long-term exposure to these chemicals can cause irreversible damage; however, removing the toxin can often restore fertility.. Accidental and medically prescribed exposure to large amounts of radiation to the gonads (to combat a malignant tumor, for example) can also impair sperm production. If the tissue damage is not extensive, however, some degree of fertility may regenerate. We also know that excessive exposure to heat can interfere with sperm production. One reason that the sperm-producing testicles are located in the scrotum is to lower their temperature one or two degrees below the bodys. Some jobs may overheat the scrotum for example, the foundry worker or the sedentary long-distance truck driver. Oligozoospermia in the wheelchair-bound paraplegic also may be due to excessive scrotal heat. Removal of the heat exposure will usually resolve this type of fertility problem.. If ...
Infertility IVF clinics, fertility clinic, infertility clinic, IVF doctors, fertility doctors, fertility treatment
Infertility clinics and fertility clinics with fertility doctors providing in vitro fertilization, IVF, fertility diagnosis and infertility treatment.
IVF Clinic Biratnagar - Serving the best fertility treatments - Fertility Centre Nepal
IVF Clinic Biratnagar is a specialized clinic which is serving the best fertility treatments available to all the couples who are unable to conceive naturally due to the cause of infertility. IVF Clinic Biratnagar now becomes one of the most favored destinations for all those couples who are seeking the help of the IVF clinics to fulfill their dream of having their own baby. IVF Clinic Biratnagar is a fertility clinic which is best known for their services and treatments which they offer to each individual who visit Biratnagar city and they use the best quality of drugs and disposables which are used for the fertility treatment.. What is an IVF treatment?. To proceed further, you should know about the IVF treatment. IVF treatment is one of the most commonly used procedure at IVF Centre Biratnagar in which the fertility experts will collect your egg and your husband sperms and then fertilize them in culture dish outside the women body but in the IVF laboratory under specific circumstances. Once ...
Natural Fertility - The Texas Center for Reproductive Acupuncture
Maybe youre just thinking about getting pregnant, and want to make sure that you (and baby) will be as healthy as possible. Maybe youve been struggling for years, but youre not ready for IVF. If youre like most women, you feel like theres something else you can be doing to improve your chance of having a happy, healthy baby.. Youre right.. Conditions like short menstrual cycles, long menstrual cycles, cramping, excessive clotting, and length of bleeding have all been shown to affect your chances of getting and staying pregnant. The good news is that all of these factors are extremely responsive to our customized interventions that include acupuncture, nutrition, herbal supplements, and lifestyle changes. You can become more fertile.. The TCRA Natural Fertility Program focuses on identifying the root of your particular issues, and building a highly customized program to help you become your most fertile self. Typically our patients see significant improvement in their menstrual cycles, and ...
Birth control Family economics Family planning Fecundity Fertility clinic Fertility tourism Fertility deity Fertility equality ... Reproductive health Sub-replacement fertility Total fertility rate Vasectomy Fertility-development controversy Fertility factor ... The American Fertility Society recommends an age limit for sperm donors of 50 years or less, and many fertility clinics in the ... While fertility can be measured, fecundity cannot be. Demographers measure the fertility rate in a variety of ways, which can ...
... is the process by which fertility is assessed, both generally and also to find the "fertile window" in the ... A fertility monitor is an electronic device which may use various methods to assist the user with fertility awareness. A ... The end of fertility typically comes somewhat before menopause, as fertility declines to a point where establishing a viable ... Fertility medicine, Fertility, Male genital disorders, Assisted reproductive technology, Mammal female reproductive system, ...
Soil as such does not lose fertility just by growing crops but it lose its fertility due to accumulation of unwanted and ... "Soil Fertility in Africa is at Stake". Replenishing Soil Fertility in Africa Replenishingsoi: 49. Bjonnes, R., 1997, Food vs ... Soil fertility refers to the ability of soil to sustain agricultural plant growth, i.e. to provide plant habitat and result in ... Soil fertility has declined in the farming regions of Africa and the use of artificial and natural fertilizers has been used to ...
Fertility at IMDb v t e (Articles with short description, Short description is different from Wikidata, Use dmy dates from ... Fertility (German: Fruchtbarkeit) is a 1929 German silent film directed by Eberhard Frowein. It was shot at the Terra Studios ...
... is the failure on the part of a fertility doctor to obtain consent from a patient before inseminating her with ... and other issues related to fertility treatment. The main sense of fertility fraud is non-consensual insemination of a patient ... Fertility, Fertility medicine, Fraud, Genetic engineering, Human reproduction, Medical crime, Medical ethics, Obstetrical ... Cecil Jacobson, a fertility doctor in the 1980s in Virginia, was originally found to be the biological father of at least seven ...
A decline in male fertility often means a decline in natural fertility, as fertility is carried by both sexes. Ansley J. Coale ... Natural fertility is the fertility that exists without birth control. The control is the number of children birthed to the ... Natural fertility is a concept developed by the French historical demographer Louis Henry to refer to the level of fertility ... However, their total fertility rates are typically lower than other natural fertility populations due to low resources and ...
... s, also known as fertility drugs, are medications which enhance reproductive fertility. For women, ... April 2014). ""Patient-centered fertility treatment": what is required?". Fertility and Sterility. 101 (4): 924-6. doi:10.1016/ ... fertility medication is used to stimulate follicle development of the ovary. There are very few fertility medication options ... "Fertility problems: assessment and treatment". NICE clinical guideline CG156. U.K. National Institute for Health and Care ...
... is a network of fertility clinics in the United States that offer fertility services including in vitro ... Prelude Fertility was founded by Martin Varsavsky following his and his wife's experience with fertility treatment and IVF. The ... "Prelude Fertility Partners with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago, Expanding the Prelude Network to 4th Largest IVF Market ... As of 2019, the Prelude Fertility Network of clinics included 23 fertility practices and 36 locations in the U.S. and more than ...
... may refer to: Fertility factor (demography) Opposites of infertility causes (in medicine) Fertility factor ( ... bacteria) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fertility factor. If an internal link led you here ...
"Fertility". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior. v t ... Fertility is an unincorporated community located along Strasburg Pike, in East Lampeter Township in Lancaster County, ...
Descent to the underworld Hieros gamos Khalid Nabi Cemetery Life-death-rebirth deity List of fertility deities Obando Fertility ... Central to fertility rites in classical Greece was "Demeter, goddess of fertility... Her rites celebrated the procession of the ... "Fertility rites" (Articles with short description, Short description matches Wikidata, Fertility, Religious sex rituals). ... Allat was the fertility goddess with al-Rabba (the sovereign), Manat and Al-Uzza being her epithets. Thuraiza or Muzdalifah was ...
Health warning to women over fertility tourism Archived 26 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine Xpert Fertility Care of ... Fertility tourism for surrogacy is driven by legal restrictions in the home country or the incentive of lower prices abroad. ... Fertility tourism (also referred to as reproductive tourism or cross border reproductive care) is the practice of traveling to ... British fertility tourists must therefore now travel to other countries particularly those that do not include children born to ...
... s look to both males and females for diagnosis of fertility problems. Diagnosis has shown that fertility ... Fertility clinics are often compared by these IVF success rates. However, it is important to note that SART puts a caution at ... Fertility clinics are medical clinics that assist couples, and sometimes individuals, who want to become parents but for ... The Gilmore Girls character Paris Geller was revealed to be running a fertility clinic of her own in the revival series Gilmore ...
... is the effort to help cancer patients retain their fertility, or ability to procreate. Research into how ... Men hoping to preserve their fertility before undergoing treatment for cancer or another fertility-threatening disease can ... Suppressing puberty in paediatric patients does pause the development of fertility, however this is reversible. Some fertility ... do not regain fertility after this treatment. The extent of the damage to ovaries resulting in diminished fertility can be ...
Systems of fertility awareness may be referred to as fertility awareness-based methods (FAB methods); the term Fertility ... Systems of fertility awareness rely on observation of changes in one or more of the primary fertility signs (basal body ... Different systems of fertility awareness calculate the fertile period in slightly different ways, using primary fertility signs ... Fertility awareness does not protect against sexually transmitted disease. The effectiveness of fertility awareness, as of most ...
Obesity and fertility
Zain MM, Norman RJ (March 2008). "Impact of obesity on female fertility and fertility treatment". Women's Health. 4 (2): 183-94 ... and decreasing fertility. Obesity in PCOS women amplifies hormonal and metabolic decline, therefore decreasing fertility and ... essentially enhancing the defects associated with obesity and fertility. Obesity also affects fertility in men. On a global ... Restoration of fertility should follow these modifications. A weight-loss study was carried out of 13 individuals over a 6- ...
Income and fertility
Sub-replacement fertility Fertility factor (demography) Advanced maternal age Fertility and intelligence Total fertility rate ... Generally, a developed country has a lower fertility rate while a less economically developed country has a higher fertility ... fertility follows a J-shaped curve: with rising economic development, fertility rates indeed do drop at first but then begin to ... "Examining Changes in the Status of Women And Gender as Predictors Of Fertility Change Issues in Intermediate-Fertility ...
Total fertility rate
Birth rate Fertility and intelligence Income and fertility List of countries by past fertility rate List of sovereign states ... Fertility Trends, Marriage Patterns and Savant Typologies. Human Fertility Database: Collection of age specific fertility rates ... Fertility rates in Asia during this period were similar to those in Europe.: 74 In spite of these high fertility rates, global ... Replacement fertility is the total fertility rate at which women give birth to enough babies to sustain population levels, ...
Bavishi Fertility Institute
"Bavishi Fertility Institute Private Limited Information - Bavishi Fertility Institute Private Limited Company Profile, Bavishi ... Bavishi Fertility Institute , Parakh Hospital , Elawoman. Retrieved 2019-04-27. "Bavishi Fertility Institute, Best IVF Centre, ... Bavishi Fertility Institute is an India based centre for the treatment of infertility and care. The hospital specialises in ... Bavishi Fertility Institute focuses only on treatment for Infertility (IVF) and Endoscopy Operations. The institute also offers ...
American Fertility Association
"The American Fertility Association Brings Fertility Education to San Francisco or Parent Hopefuls - Straight and Gay". U.S. ... The American Fertility Association is a national non-profit organization based in New York City, which advocates and serves as ... The American Fertility Association v t e (Articles lacking in-text citations from January 2020, All articles lacking in-text ... The AFA has been instrumental in advising health care professionals and related industry and legislative bodies on fertility ...
Fertility factor (demography)
Fertility factors are determinants of the number of children that an individual is likely to have. Fertility factors are mostly ... A review of long-term fertility in Europe did not find fertility rates to be directly affected by availability of ... A 2020 study found that the relation between religiosity and fertility was driven by the lower aggregate fertility of secular ... 52 (2). Spéder Z, Kapitány B (2014). "Failure to Realize Fertility Intentions: A Key Aspect of the Post-communist Fertility ...
Breastfeeding and fertility
Inhibition and fertility have an inverse relationship. The less inhibition that occurs, the higher the fertility rate will be. ... There is a direct relationship between time and fertility. As time increases, fertility also increases. This ... A breastfeeding mother's fertility is decreased because higher amounts of prolactin inhibit GnRH through a direct relationship ... Fertility while breastfeeding is controlled by the hormonal effects induced by breastfeeding during the postpartum period. ...
Soil Fertility Centre
... (Persian: مركزخاكشناسي وحاصلخيزي خاك - Marḵaz Khāḵshenāsī va Hāṣlekhīzī Khāḵ) is a populated place in ...
Sea of Fertility
... can refer to: Mare Fecunditatis ("Sea of Fertility"), a region of the Moon The Sea of Fertility, a series of ... four novels by Japanese writer Yukio Mishima This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sea of Fertility ...
Fertility and religion
A fertility deity is a god or goddess in mythology associated with fertility, pregnancy, and birth. In some cases these deities ... Fertility was often mentioned in many mythological tales. In mythology, fertility deities exist in different belief systems or ... Fertility symbols were used by Native Americans, the most common being a supernatural figure called Kokopelli, a fertility ... Fertility symbols were generally considered to have been used since Prehistoric times for encouraging fertility in women, ...
Obando Fertility Rites
Hernandez, Jose W. Obando Fertility Rites, Fiesta, Seasite.Niu.edu, 1990, retrieved on: 9 June 2007 Obando Fertility Rites, " ... 9: Obando Fertility Rites, Ph.net, 1996, retrieved on: 9 June 2007 Noli Me Tangere by Jose Rizal, Chapter 6: Captain Tiago, ... The Obando Fertility Rites are a dance ritual, initially an Anitist ritual, and later also became a Catholic festival ... A few years after the war's end, both the Archbishop of Manila and the vicar of Obando Church forbade the fertility dance due ...
Fertility factor (bacteria)
The fertility factor (first named F by one of its discoverers Esther Lederberg; also called the sex factor in E. coli or the F ... "This was not a simultaneous independent discovery of F (I names as Fertility Factor until it was understood.) We wrote to Hayes ... The F plasmid belongs to a class of conjugative plasmids that control sexual functions of bacteria with a fertility inhibition ... The F-plasmid belongs to a class of conjugative plasmids that control sexual functions of bacteria with a fertility inhibition ...
... is a total fertility rate (TFR) that (if sustained) leads to each new generation being less populous ... This is part of the fertility-income paradox, as these high fertility countries are very poor, and it may seem counter- ... Demography Fertility and intelligence List of countries and territories by fertility rate Natalistic politics, countering sub- ... In 2020, the average global fertility rate was around 2.4 children born per woman. Replacement-level fertility in terms of the ...
Fertility in art
... refers to any artistic work representing or portraying fertility, which usually refers to successful breeding ... Hares are often portrayed in art as a symbol of rebirth and fertility. The Germanic goddess Eostre, whose themes are fertility ... Animals that reproduce prolifically are also seen in art depicting fertility. Fertility was present in art traditionally in ... "Laura Cumming on fertility in art and the birth of her twins". the Guardian. 2008-03-30. Retrieved 2022-11-22. Morphy, Howard ( ...
Fertility and intelligence
Dysgenics Fertility-development controversy Fertility factor (demography) List of countries and territories by fertility rate ... Most research involves studying female fertility, while male fertility is ignored. When male fertility rates are compared to ... Some of the studies looking at relation between IQ and fertility cover the fertility of individuals who have attained a ... As a country becomes more developed, education rates increase and fertility rates decrease for both men and women. Fertility ...
2019 Assisted Reproductive Technology Fertility Clinic and National Summary Report | CDC
The annual 2019 Assisted Reproductive Technology Fertility Clinic and National Summary Report is published each year by the ... 2019 Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Fertility Clinic and National Summary Report. is available as a user-friendly, web ... 2019 Assisted Reproductive Technology Fertility Clinic and National Summary Report. ...
Trending Clinical Topic: Fertility
... varied news about fertility resulted in this weeks top trending clinical topic. ... Recent fertility-related news for a specific group of women is more encouraging. A review of more than 1000 young women found ... A separate study out of Sweden found that women with breast cancer who undergo fertility preservation are more likely than ... Recently, several small autopsy studies have explored the effects of SARS-CoV-2 on male fertility (see Infographic below). ...
Reproductive Hazards | Radiation | Fertility | MedlinePlus
Browsing WHA15 by Subject "Fertility"
fertility | Blogs | CDC
... fertility - Featured Topics from the National Center for Health Statistics ... Fertility of Men and Women Aged 15-44 in the United States: National Survey of Family Growth, 2011-2015. Questions for Gladys ... Why did you decide to examine fertility measures in the United States? GM: This report provides basic information about four ... fertility measures for the nation using data from Read More ,. Posted on July 11, 2018. by NCHS. Categories National Survey of ...
Browsing EB9 by Subject "Fertility"
... our fertility specialists explain the potential risks to your fertility and step you through the range of fertility ... Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) has produced a fertility resource to help guide you every step of the way. ... To view more information on fertility and breast cancer, you can sign up to BCNAs My Journey. ... you also need to think about how that treatment is potentially going to impact your fertility. ...
Fertility | Kansas City Public Library
Hypnosis For Fertility | Hypnosis Downloads
Stress and fertility. IVF fertility treatment tends to be a stressful time but stress can have a blocking effect on fertility ... Hypnosis can improve fertility. Research has shown that hypnosis for fertility doubles the success of IVF treatment. ... How to Improve Fertility With Hypnosis. Hypnosis has been shown to double the chance of fertilization ...
Fading Fertility, Ready or Not | The Heritage Foundation
It is no news that overall fertility rates in America have been declining over the past decade. Part of this decline has to do ... Fading Fertility, Ready or Not Jul 20, 2017 5 min read The truth is that for both mother and child, pregnancy is better earlier ... So what does all of this mean for declining fertility rates in the U.S.? It means that we need to do a much better job of ... It is no news that overall fertility rates in America have been declining over the past decade. Part of this decline has to do ...
How Alcohol and Drugs Affect Fertility
Alcohol and drugsaffect your fertility. Drugs can have a very negative effect on both the male and female reproductive systems. ... How Alcohol and Drugs Affect Fertility: Alcohol. Heavy drinking has a heavy effect on both male and female fertility. Men and ... How Alcohol and Drugs Affect Fertility: Marijuana. Marijuana use plays a role in both female and male fertility. According to a ... As a result of the use of steroids male and female fertility can be affected; male fertility can be permanently affected. In ...
Cervical Mucus: Chart, Stages, Tracking & Fertility
It changes in consistency throughout the menstrual cycle and plays a role in fertility. ... Checking cervical mucus for fertility using your fingers.. What is cervical mucus?. Cervical mucus is a fluid produced by and ... Wet and slippery cervical mucus indicates fertility. This type of discharge makes it easy for sperm to swim to an egg at ... Natural family planning (fertility awareness). (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/natural-family-planning/) Accessed ...
Fertility Awareness | NFP Training | Couple to Couple League International
Fertility Awareness , NFP Training , Engaged NFP Classes , Pre-cana , FABM method , Sympto-thermal method , Natural Family ... Check out our own Fertility Science Institute.. A method-neutral resource, supporting you through a lifetime of fertility. ... We love working with our clients to help them achieve healthy cycles and fertility goals! ... Looking for support at another stage of fertility?. ...
Trending Clinical Topic: Fertility
... varied news about fertility resulted in this weeks top trending clinical topic. ... Recent fertility-related news for a specific group of women is more encouraging. A review of more than 1000 young women found ... A separate study out of Sweden found that women with breast cancer who undergo fertility preservation are more likely than ... Recently, several small autopsy studies have explored the effects of SARS-CoV-2 on male fertility (see Infographic below). ...
Fertility Care in the Current Landscape - American Medical Women's Association
Join AMWA at a virtual roundtable to discuss fertility care in the current landscape ACCESS RECORDING This event is moderated ... Fertility Care in the Current Landscape. June 29, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT ... Cindy M.P. Duke, M.D., Ph.D., FACOG, Americas only dual fertility and virology expert, a highly accomplished Johns Hopkins and ... David Adamson, M.D., board-certified reproductive endocrinologist and surgeon at ARC Fertility, and past president of the @ ...
Fertility NZ :: Support
Temporary Fertility Decline after Large Rubella Outbreak, Japan - Volume 26, Number 6-June 2020 - Emerging Infectious Diseases...
We statistically substantiate a significant temporal decline in fertility rate after a major rubella outbreak in 2012-2014. ... We used influenza, which does not affect peoples fertility decisions, as a control and did not find a decline in fertility ... We did not find statistically significant differences in fertility rates between 2014 and the control years. Fertility rate ... Second, we did not identify the causal relationship for the substantial fertility rate increases ahead of substantial fertility ...
COVID-19 vaccine does not affect fertility, immunization experts say | Health.mil
Latin America & Caribbean - fertility rate 2010-2020 | Statista
The total fertility rate in Latin America & the Caribbean saw no significant changes in 2020 in comparison to the previous year ... Basic Statistic Fertility rate of Bosnia and Herzegovina 1850-2020. * Basic Statistic Total fertility rate of Austria 1860-2020 ... But still, the fertility rate reached its lowest value of the observation period in 2020.. The total fertility rate is the ... Latin America & Caribbean: Fertility rate from 2010 to 2020 table column chart ...
Lab disinfectant harms mouse fertility | Nature
Cage-cleaning chemicals cause birth defects and fertility problems in mice. ... Two chemicals widely used in cleaning agents for homes, offices and hospitals cause birth defects and fertility problems in ... were identified after an exhaustive search for what was causing a massive drop-off in mouse fertility after Hunt moved her ... Maher, B. Lab disinfectant harms mouse fertility. Nature 453, 964 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1038/453964a ...
Ancient Fertility Goddess | Ancient Fertility Gods
Her responsibilities include beauty, love, desire sexuality, fertility, wealth, and victory. ... Venus is a renowned ancient Roman goddess of fertility. ... "Fertility".. The fertility figurine shown cheats a little: the ... Fertility: Natures Mechanics, Creation and Life.. Fertility, on the other hand, is that quasi-mechanical quality which enables ... ie Female beauty and Fertility go hand in hand but they are by no means the same thing. Fertility is neither beautiful nor ugly ...
Fertility Awareness (for Teens) - Nemours KidsHealth
Learn what the fertility awareness (rhythm method) of birth control is and how it works - and some of the reasons why it might ... What Is Fertility Awareness?. Fertility awareness is a way to try to prevent pregnancy by not having sex around the time of ... How Well Does Fertility Awareness Work?. Fertility awareness is not a reliable way to prevent pregnancy for most people. Over ... Does Fertility Awareness Help Prevent STDs?. No. Fertility awareness does not protect against STDs. Couples having sex must ...
Future Fertility Fantasies | Inter Press Service
Its time for them to end those fantasies and prepare for a future of below replacement fertility with demographic ageing and ... Many low fertility countries are having future fertility fantasies. ... Virtually every countrys fertility rate is expected to remain below the replacement level once its fertility rate has fallen ... For example, the total fertility rates for China, Italy and Japan are 1.3 births per woman. An even lower fertility rate is ...
Fertility concerns of the transgender patient
... Transl Androl Urol. 2019 Jun;8(3):209-218. doi: 10.21037/tau.2019.05.09. ... The effect of hormone therapy on fertility is potentially reversible, but the extent is unclear. Gender-affirming surgery (GAS ... It is recommended that clinicians counsel transgender patients on fertility preservation (FP) options prior to initiation of ... affect fertility potential. Testosterone therapy in transgender men can suppress ovulation and alter ovarian histology, while ...
Soil Fertility and Fertilisers
... Soil conditions in relation to nutrient cycling in agricultural production systems. Macro and ... 4 Discuss selected techniques suitable for assessing fertiliser requirements and for monitoring soil fertility status. ... biological and physical processes that influence the distribution of nutrients and soil fertility in various ecosystems. ...
Fertility and Social Security
The effect on fertility in the Boldrin and Jones model is sizeable and accounts for between 55 and 65% of the observed Europe- ... What type of model is consistent with this finding? We explore this question using two models of fertility, the one by Barro ... Another key factor affecting fertility the Boldrin and Jones model is the access to capital markets, which can account for the ... The effect of increases in government provided pensions on fertility in the Barro and Becker model is very small, and ...
... is currently working with mice to explore how to protect female fertility despite radiation-induced DNA damage, so female ... Preserving fertility Ewelina Bolcun-Filas, Ph.D., works with mice to explore how to protect female fertility despite radiation- ... Bolcun-Filas studies the genetics of fertility and ways to protect fertility in cancer patients: especially the molecular… ... "Sometimes its quite difficult to work on fertility because its not thought of as a life-threatening disease," Dr. Bolcun- ...
Fertility - Food
Khat leaves may hold natural fertility booster 29-Jun-2004. A chemical that occurs naturally in the leaves of an African plant ... Soy isoflavone may damage fertility, finds new research 22-Jun-2005. The soy component genistein, one of the isoflavones seeing ... could boost mens fertility, UK researchers told the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryologys annual conference ... Paper on history of herbal fertility aids points to need for further research, expert says 24-Jul-2018. By Hank Schultz ...
InfertilityTreatmentsFemale fertilityClinicMale Fertility2019PreservationSurrogacyPregnancyWoman'sClinicsComes to fertility2022TreatmentHigher fertilityFuture fertilityAffects fertilitySearchDeterminantsPatientsDeclining fertility ratesBelow replacement fertility2017BirthsDonald ClineMedscapeAwarenessPreserve their fertilityCouplesResearchers2021WomenCentreRubella casesLower fertilityHuman fertilityEggs2020OvariesRatesPinterestWomen's HealthVitro fertilizationHormoneDeclinesConceptionKindbodySocioeconomicReproductive organsEmotionalIodineSoilAffectCancer
- Antioxidant supplements do not improve semen quality among men with infertility, according to a new study claiming to be the largest randomised, placebo-controlled trial to examine the effects of antioxidants on male fertility without additional assisted. (nutraingredients.com)
- We're not going to be judged by the politicians or clergymen, but rather by the fertility or infertility patients that want a child of their own,' Zavos said. (go.com)
- In order to address these concerns, San Diego Fertility Center created a peer-support program called "Friends", in which fellow veterans of infertility share practical advice and provide an insider's perspective of various fertility treatments, and their subsequent resolution. (sdfertility.com)
- With more than 40 years of collective experience diagnosing and treating infertility, the staff at San Diego Fertility Center is proud to have played a role in bringing more than 4,000 babies into the world since 1989. (sdfertility.com)
- With exceptional patient care, a track record of IVF success and a sunny fertility tourism destination, San Diego Fertility Center is an international location for egg donation, IVF , IUI, PGD/PGS, gender selection, egg freezing, surrogacy and other infertility treatments. (sdfertility.com)
- At a time when one in eight couples in the United States are experiencing infertility, Fast Track to Fertility allowed more than 1,000 new patients to begin treatments to help them become pregnant. (eurekalert.org)
- A separate study out of Sweden found that women with breast cancer who undergo fertility preservation are more likely than those who don't to have successful assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatments and live births, without added mortality risk. (medscape.com)
- For women at risk of losing their fertility through medical treatments or premature menopause, preserving some of their eggs ahead of time by freezing them can leave open the possibility of having children. (scientificamerican.com)
- Walmart joins other major employers like Amazon in helping employees with adoptions or covering things like fertility treatments. (ap.org)
- But given its clout, the expanded benefits from Walmart should help further democratize fertility treatments, which can cost thousands of dollars. (ap.org)
- Relatively few employees may end up using a company's help with adoption or coverage of fertility treatments, but those benefits mean a lot to the people who use them, Umland noted. (ap.org)
- Walmart workers, their spouse or partner, and any adult dependent children who are enrolled in a Walmart-sponsored medical plan will each receive up to $20,000 in medical benefits towards fertility treatments in a lifetime. (ap.org)
- In the U.S., one round of IVF can cost about $23,000 on average, according to FertilityIQ, which provides research on fertility treatments, doctors and clinics. (ap.org)
- The group is pushing for a state law that makes it illegal for doctors like Cline to use their own sperm in fertility treatments without a patient's consent. (10news.com)
- Many cancer treatments can affect a girl's or woman's fertility . (cancer.gov)
- Are there other recommended cancer treatments that might not cause fertility problems? (cancer.gov)
- Cancer treatments are important for your future health, but they may harm reproductive organs and glands that control fertility. (cancer.gov)
- Other treatments: Talk with your doctor to learn whether or not other types of treatment such as immunotherapy and targeted cancer therapy may affect your fertility. (cancer.gov)
- The growing network of fertility centers provides much needed Fertility Preservation services to cancer patients prior to the initiation of oncology treatments. (pr.com)
- Connect with others dealing with PCOS or who are trying to conceive via fertility treatments . (babycenter.com)
- Finance your fertility treatments, at a low interest rate. (lightstream.com)
- It's the easy and convenient way to fund everything related to your fertility treatments. (lightstream.com)
- Heavy drinking has a heavy effect on both male and female fertility. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- Steroids can also harm female fertility by inhibiting the release of luteinizing and follicle stimulating ovulation, disrupting period or menstruation, and causing the appearance of masculine traits. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- Ewelina Bolcun-Filas, Ph.D., works with mice to explore how to protect female fertility despite radiation-induced DNA damage, so female cancer patients retain the option of having children later in life. (jax.org)
- Ewelina Bolcun-Filas, Ph.D., a principal investigator at The Jackson Laboratory since January 2015, is currently working with mice to explore how to protect female fertility despite radiation-induced DNA damage, so female cancer patients retain the option of having children later in life. (jax.org)
- Grilling, specifically the browning and blackening of meats can trigger the production of a family of glycotoxins called AGEs - or advanced glycation end-products - which are know to have an adverse effect on female fertility. (bellaonline.com)
- Outside of the rare maternity-ward mix-up, this isn't a problem for women, so an international team of researchers decided to shore up the Hadza study findings by looking at voice pitch and female fertility rates in another indigenous African population, the Himba of northwest Namibia. (popsci.com)
- 2019 Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Fertility Clinic and National Summary Report is available as a user-friendly, web and downloadable version. (cdc.gov)
- Researchers at the CDC are working with a fertility clinic in Puerto Rico, which has been hard-hit by Zika, to determine if men infected by the virus have lower sperm counts or sperm that doesn't work as well in the weeks and months after infection. (medscape.com)
- A review of all their efforts to unite egg and sperm at their fertility clinic showed just 7.5 percent of tries resulted in an embryo that could then be implanted in a woman's womb, a team led by Michael John Tucker at Shady Grove Fertility Center in Maryland said. (reuters.com)
- The AP reports that Karbaat's fertility clinic in a suburb of Rotterdam was ordered closed in 2009 because of poor administration and record keeping. (medscape.com)
- He ran a fertility clinic in the 1970s and 1980s in the Indianapolis area and allegedly may have fathered dozens of children, unbeknownst to the couples who came to him seeking an anonymous sperm donation. (medscape.com)
- After 5 natural miscarriages and a diagnosis of unexplained fertility, we were referred to Dr. Kashyap from our specialist at BC Women's Unexplained Pregnancy Loss Clinic. (genesis-fertility.com)
- You see couples today that are living child-free, and a lot of times that's their decision, but a lot of times it's not,' says Gina Bartasi, founder and CEO of the fertility clinic Kindbody. (axios.com)
- Gina Rhoades, 40, said she became pregnant with her third child, Lila Grace, after undergoing acupuncture at the Duke Fertility Clinic. (wral.com)
- There are some studies that suggest that there may be a fertility benefit as well, but the data on that question is mixed," said Julia Woodward, a doctor at the Duke Fertility Clinic. (wral.com)
- The mother of the 21-year-old woman, has said she and her husband discovered a genetic mismatch in their daughter and were able to trace her lineage to the now-deceased fertility clinic worker, Thomas Ray Lippert. (webpronews.com)
- At a fertility clinic? (cancer.gov)
- Sara is Canadian Fertility Consulting's corporate trainer and clinic liaison, and her surro-baby Logan just celebrated his very first birthday! (fertilityconsultants.ca)
- Does Zika Harm Male Fertility? (medscape.com)
- Marijuana use plays a role in both female and male fertility. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- male fertility can be permanently affected. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- Recently, several small autopsy studies have explored the effects of SARS-CoV-2 on male fertility (see Infographic below). (medscape.com)
- In non-COVID news, a recent study suggests that nighttime smartphone or laptop use may impair male fertility. (medscape.com)
- Male fertility is declining, and despite knowledge that this is impacted by nutrition, lifestyle advice rarely reaches beyond the realms of weight, alcohol, smoking and drugs. (nutraingredients.com)
- Italian researchers have come up with a scoring system for supplements aimed at improving male fertility. (nutraingredients.com)
- Zinc and folic acid, supplements often claimed to aid male fertility, failed to improve pregnancy rates, sperm counts, and sperm potency in a US study involving 2,370 couples. (nutraingredients.com)
- But, while that may sound like a bad thing for male fertility, clinical research shows pretty clearly that consuming soy isoflavones has no effect on sperm concentrations in healthy men(4-6). (theveganrd.com)
- The total fertility rate in Latin America & the Caribbean saw no significant changes in 2020 in comparison to the previous year 2019 and remained at around 1.99 children per woman. (statista.com)
- The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) conducted an inspection of your firm's device operations at Tenderneeds Fertility, LLC, located at 10162 Bradford Road, Greenville, IN 47124, from December 9 to 13, 2019. (fda.gov)
- Cite this: Dutch Fertility Doctor Fathered at Least 49 Children - Medscape - Apr 30, 2019. (medscape.com)
- In the below video, our fertility specialists explain the potential risks to your fertility and step you through the range of fertility preservation options available for you to consider before you start your breast cancer treatment. (bcna.org.au)
- Researchers investigated data from 425 women with breast cancer who underwent fertility preservation, as well as 850 women matched by age, location, and time of breast cancer diagnosis who did not undergo such preservation. (medscape.com)
- It is recommended that clinicians counsel transgender patients on fertility preservation (FP) options prior to initiation of gender-affirming therapy. (nih.gov)
- Patients with CML who will be taking TKIs should discuss fertility preservation with their doctors before starting TKI therapy. (lls.org)
- What fertility preservation options are available at this hospital? (cancer.gov)
- Program greatly extends access to Fertility Preservation services. (pr.com)
- Generations Fertility Care, located in Middleton, WI, joins the more than 100 facilities included in ReproTech's Fertility Preservation Network. (pr.com)
- With the increasing survival rates of cancer patients, the availability of fertility preservation services is more important than ever. (pr.com)
- Generations' developing Oncofertility Program will enable cancer patients who are in need of important fertility preservation services to obtain the medical care and support they require,' says Jeffrey Jones, Ph.D., Laboratory Director at Generations Fertility Care. (pr.com)
- ReproTech, Ltd. has organized the Fertility Preservation Network to educate oncology professionals and caretakers, as well as provide much needed cryopreservation services. (pr.com)
- Additionally, the work of fertileHOPE and LiveSTRONG has advanced the awareness of the need for Fertility Preservation among the oncology community. (pr.com)
- Information specific to the Fertility Preservation Network and its members can be found at www.fertilitypreservation.com. (pr.com)
- We're dedicated to helping families in NYC with IVF, IUI, PGD, egg donation , surrogacy , fertility preservation and other treatment options. (chelseafertilitynyc.com)
- Walmart's employees will get access to more than 30 fertility clinics and in vitro fertilization labs across the U.S. Kindbody's clinics will be available to help eligible workers access Walmart's surrogacy and adoption benefits, as well. (ap.org)
- Some packages include IVF, while other surrogacy agencies do not include fertility treatment, leaving you to make your own arrangements. (fertilityroad.com)
- Canadian Fertility Consulting is Canada's largest surrogacy and egg donation agency. (fertilityconsultants.ca)
- Forward Fertility is Wisconsin's Surrogacy and Egg Donor expert. (forwardfertility.com)
- News about the potential impact of COVID-19 on spermatogenesis and findings related to pregnancy in patients with breast cancer helped make fertility this week's top trending clinical topic. (medscape.com)
- From encouraging news about pregnancy among patients with breast cancer to worrisome findings regarding spermatogenesis in men with COVID-19, fertility was a subject of much interest and became this week's top trending clinical topic. (medscape.com)
- Fertility awareness is not a reliable way to prevent pregnancy for most people. (kidshealth.org)
- Over the course of a year, as many as 24 out of 100 typical couples who use fertility awareness alone will have an accidental pregnancy. (kidshealth.org)
- Last year, the highly trained and experienced team of physicians, technicians and professionals at Houston Fertility Institute helped hundreds of patients realize their dream of pregnancy and parenthood. (chron.com)
- A controversial fertility doctor claims to have cloned human embryos and implanted them into four women's wombs.And while none of 11 embryos he claims to have cloned resulted in a viable pregnancy, Dr. Panayiotis Zavos said he'll continue trying to clone a human embryo. (go.com)
- Understand the effects of cancer treatment and prevention on fertility and family planning, how pregnancy impacts hereditary cancer risk and options for assisted reproduction. (facingourrisk.org)
- The fertility sparing therapy in ectopic pregnancy. (bvsalud.org)
- A review of current knowledge on the possibilities of fertility sparing therapy in case of ectopic pregnancy . (bvsalud.org)
- The goal of ectopic pregnancy treatment is to choose a safe and effective therapy with a low incidence of side effects and maintaining the maximum fertility of women . (bvsalud.org)
- How much HPV influences a woman's fertility still needs more study . (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Cancer therapy can affect a woman's fertility in several ways. (mskcc.org)
- Treatment for cancer may cause changes to a girl's or a woman's fertility. (cancer.gov)
- San Diego Fertility Center® is one of the most respected fertility centers in the USA with fertility clinics in Southern California and New York City . (sdfertility.com)
- Fertility care has steadily increased in demand since it was introduced, reaching a point where fertility clinics often have long waits for new patients. (eurekalert.org)
- But the rise in the number of fertility clinics - and growing demand for their services - is driving down the price, Bartasi says. (axios.com)
- It is now among the busiest and most affordable fertility clinics in the country, with three other offices in Upstate New York and plans to open a satellite office in Atlanta. (wsj.com)
- And, just like fertility clinics in the UK, you need to read the fine print really carefully and make sure that you know exactly what you are getting for your money. (fertilityroad.com)
- In this directory you will find listings of first class fertility clinics, independent specialists and specialist agencies, sorted by country from all over the world. (human-fertility.com)
Comes to fertility3
- However, the biological clock is still alive and ticking when it comes to fertility. (heritage.org)
- When it comes to fertility, more attention should be paid to the diets of men, according to a report. (nutraingredients.com)
- When it comes to fertility treatment, one of the main concerns that many patients have is how they will afford the costs of fertility care. (sdfertility.com)
- The nation's largest retailer and private employer said Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022, it's partnering with New York-based Kindbody to offer benefits such as in vitro fertilization as well as fertility testing regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. (ap.org)
- On top of making decisions about which cancer treatment is right for you, you also need to think about how that treatment is potentially going to impact your fertility. (bcna.org.au)
- Research has shown that hypnosis for fertility doubles the success of IVF treatment. (hypnosisdownloads.com)
- IVF fertility treatment tends to be a stressful time but stress can have a blocking effect on fertility success. (hypnosisdownloads.com)
- They studied 91 men seeking fertility treatment. (reuters.com)
- A type of fertility treatment. (healthline.com)
- Listen to one patient's journey to preserve his fertility before cancer treatment. (mskcc.org)
- People with cancer have a number of options to preserve fertility before treatment begins or start a family after treatment is over. (mskcc.org)
- Many patients do not realize that mixing fertility medication and administering an injection can play an important role in the success of fertility medication treatment. (delhi-ivf.com)
- Therefore, emotional support during fertility treatment is extremely important. (sdfertility.com)
- 65 percent of those who seek fertility care eventually discontinue treatment, the majority due to stress. (eurekalert.org)
- The program, Fast Track to Fertility , cut the time between when patients initially reached out for help to when they received their first treatment by half-getting them on the path to parenthood roughly a month and a half sooner, according to research published in NEJM Catalyst by researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. (eurekalert.org)
- On top of cutting the average time it took for new patients to get their first treatment (from 97 to 41 days), the program also allowed for more new patients to access fertility care, increasing the number by 24 percent in the year it was implemented as a standard of care at Penn Medicine. (eurekalert.org)
- Patients of childbearing age, as well as the parents of children with cancer, should ask their healthcare team to explain how treatment may affect fertility (the ability to have children). (lls.org)
- Acupuncture is used for stress relief, but some women say the treatment can help with fertility. (wral.com)
- It's important to learn how the recommended cancer treatment may affect fertility before starting treatment, whenever possible. (cancer.gov)
- After treatment, what are the chances that my fertility will return? (cancer.gov)
- Sometimes POI is temporary and your menstrual periods and fertility return after treatment. (cancer.gov)
- While it might feel overwhelming to think about your fertility right now, most people benefit from having talked with their doctor (or their child's doctor, when a child is being treated for cancer) about how treatment may affect their fertility and about options to preserve fertility. (cancer.gov)
- This is a very valuable service for cancer patients,' says Brent Hazelrigg, CEO of ReproTech, Ltd. 'With the growing success of cancer therapies and tremendous advancements in fertility treatment, cancer survivors today have an excellent chance of having families provided they are given the opportunity to cryopreserve reproductive tissue prior to their oncology treatment. (pr.com)
- Its team of endocrinologists, embryologists, psychologist and nursing staff offer a full complement of fertility and reproductive medical treatment that combines the latest technologies and the highest standards of patient care. (pr.com)
- However, your doctor may want to begin testing or treatment if you or your partner has known fertility problems, or if you have a history of irregular or painful periods, pelvic inflammatory disease, repeated miscarriages, or endometriosis. (empowher.com)
- Fertitlity in men by Hotchkiss is a clinical study of the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of impaired fertility in men and includes a foreword by Nicholson J. Eastman. (atticbooks.ca)
- Siegler's longer work looks at the causes, diagnosis and treatment of impaired fertility in women. (atticbooks.ca)
- Could AMH Predict Fertility Treatment Success? (medscape.com)
- The use of fertility treatment, the type of treatment, and its method can depend on these results. (medscape.com)
- We understand that the cost of fertility treatment can often exacerbate the stress patients experience. (chelseafertilitynyc.com)
- Fertility -sparing salpingostomy may be performed during surgical treatment . (bvsalud.org)
- In the Early Stages (ES) of Borderline Ovarian Tumor (BOT), if surgery without risk of tumor rupture is possible, then laparoscopy with protected extraction is recommended over laparotomy (Grade C). In case of bilateral serous ES BOT treatment with a strategy to preserve fertility and/or endocrine functi. (bvsalud.org)
- Economists say these countries could see slower economic growth unless they increase their working-age populations by accepting immigrants, possibly from regions with higher fertility rates, like parts of Asia and Africa. (bloomberg.com)
- But there's been very little research so far on whether the way we speak actually relates to higher fertility, in part because most of this work is done on college students who haven't started having children yet. (popsci.com)
- Researchers say the study's results should help reassure patients with BRCA -mutated breast cancer who are interested in future fertility. (medscape.com)
- The number one question donors ask is will egg donation affect their future fertility? (assistedfertility.com)
- Marijuana use affects fertility in women because small amounts of THC are secreted into the reproductive system. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- The HPV virus affects fertility in men by binding with the head of the sperm cell, which hinders the sperm cell's ability to move freely. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Most of this research indicates that a group of main determinants affects fertility (8-11). (who.int)
- The quaternary ammonium compounds ADBAC ( n -alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride) and DDAC (didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride) were identified after an exhaustive search for what was causing a massive drop-off in mouse fertility after Hunt moved her research animals to Pullman from Case Western Reserve Medical School in Cleveland, Ohio, in 2005. (nature.com)
- Search text results on CNY Fertility Website. (cnyfertility.com)
- Much research has been done on the determinants of fertility at international or national levels. (who.int)
- Fast Track to Fertility, started through the Innovation Accelerator in Penn Medicine's Center for Health Care Innovation , seeks to speed things up by deploying a relatively small team of advanced practice providers for efficient telemedicine-based initial visits with new patients as quickly as possible. (eurekalert.org)
- That visit also gives patients the opportunity to enroll in an artificial intelligence-guided text messaging program that helps guide them through the complex fertility "workup" swiftly and with as few hiccups as possible. (eurekalert.org)
- And the researchers hope that the system can be expanded to support patients throughout their fertility journey. (eurekalert.org)
- Rather, they improve efficiency -- while maintaining personalized care - for both patients and their care teams to accommodate the growing demands for fertility services," Senapati said. (eurekalert.org)
- A former fertility doctor has surrendered his medical license after being accused of using his own semen to inseminate patients without their consent, now those affected by his practices are pushing for change. (10news.com)
- There is no law in Indiana that prevents a fertility doctor from using his own sperm to impregnate women without their consent, but those former patients are advocating for a change to ensure no other family has to have the same experience again. (10news.com)
- Both the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) recommend the education of oncology patients about the options available to preserve their fertility. (pr.com)
- Our fertility specialists have served patients across the United States collectively for over 50 years. (chelseafertilitynyc.com)
- Channen joined CFI in December 2021 and is looking forward to a rewarding career optimizing patients' health and supporting their unique fertility journey. (carolinasfertilityinstitute.com)
- Abnormal uterine findings were de Recherche et d'Application en identified in 95.8% of patients attending hysteroscopy at GESHRTH. (bvsalud.org)
Declining fertility rates1
- So what does all of this mean for declining fertility rates in the U.S. (heritage.org)
Below replacement fertility5
- Over the coming decades the proportion aged 65 years and older in countries with below replacement fertility will increase substantially. (ipsnews.net)
- It's time for them to end those fantasies and prepare for a future of below replacement fertility with demographic ageing and without immigration declining populations. (ipsnews.net)
- Despite this demographic pattern, the governments of many countries with below replacement fertility believe that they can persuade couples to have additional children. (ipsnews.net)
- Largely the result of sustained below replacement fertility levels, many countries are experiencing or facing population decline. (ipsnews.net)
- Some countries believe that the demographic consequences of below replacement fertility constitute threats to their economy, society and culture. (ipsnews.net)
- Temporal distribution of rubella cases, Google searches for the term "rubella," and elevated fertility rates by prefecture, 2013-2017, Japan. (cdc.gov)
- Because the number of births/age group was not available, we considered the fertility rate to be the proportion of births divided by the number of female persons 15-49 years of age/1,000 population/year. (cdc.gov)
- The latest addition to this group is India, which recently announced that its fertility rate had fallen just below the replacement level at 2.0 births per woman. (ipsnews.net)
- For example, the total fertility rates for China, Italy and Japan are 1.3 births per woman. (ipsnews.net)
- An even lower fertility rate is that of South Korea, which at 0.8 births per woman is the world's lowest (Figure 2). (ipsnews.net)
- Virtually every country's fertility rate is expected to remain below the replacement level once its fertility rate has fallen below 2.1 births per woman. (ipsnews.net)
- In addition, by the close of the century only about 20 countries , virtually all in Africa, are projected to have fertility rates slightly about the replacement level, or about 2.2 births per woman. (ipsnews.net)
- Lower fertility rates -- the number of live births per woman -- could also threaten safety-net programs like pensions and health care. (bloomberg.com)
- Egypt's population increased by 10 million between 2011and 2014 and the total fertility rate increased to 3.5 births per woman. (who.int)
- The average number of births per woman in the 3 years before the survey was used as a proxy for total fertility rate. (who.int)
- This decrease contributed to increasing the total fertility rate to 3.5 births per woman. (who.int)
- after a series of declines, the total fertility rate reached 3.5 births per woman in 2000 (5). (who.int)
- In 2005, the total fertility rate declined to 3.1 births per woman and then decreased slightly in 2008 to 3.0 births per woman (6,7). (who.int)
- The EDHS 2014 revealed an increase in the total fertility rate to 3.5 births per woman, the same as in 2000 (2). (who.int)
- An age- or age-group-specific fertility rate is calculated as the ratio of annual births to women at a given age or age-group to the population of women at the same age or age-group, in the same year, for a given country, territory, or geographic area. (who.int)
- Our Father" is the spine-tingling new true-crime documentary on Netflix about the harrowing actions of a fertility doctor, Dr. Donald Cline. (newsweek.com)
- Last year, Medscape Medical News reported that Donald Cline, MD, an Indiana fertility doctor who admitted to using his own sperm to impregnate women, surrendered his license. (medscape.com)
- Trending Clinical Topic: Fertility - Medscape - Dec 11, 2020. (medscape.com)
- Also last year, Medscape Medical News reported on a lawsuit filed by a woman in Benton County, Washington, born in 1981, who learned through Ancestry.com that she had a father-daughter match with the fertility doctor for her parents. (medscape.com)
- What Is Fertility Awareness? (kidshealth.org)
- Fertility awareness is sometimes called natural family planning, periodic abstinence, or the rhythm method. (kidshealth.org)
- How Does Fertility Awareness Work? (kidshealth.org)
- During this time, a couple using only fertility awareness for birth control should not have sex. (kidshealth.org)
- Fertility awareness requires a commitment to monitoring body changes, keeping daily records, and not having sex during the fertile period. (kidshealth.org)
- Does Fertility Awareness Help Prevent STDs? (kidshealth.org)
- No. Fertility awareness does not protect against STDs . (kidshealth.org)
- Fertility Awareness Advocate Initiative (FAAI) is a support group that provides fertility challenged Nigerians with support, awareness, information and education. (com.ng)
Preserve their fertility1
- She is passionate about working with women and families who are optimizing their health to build their families or preserve their fertility for future family building. (carolinasfertilityinstitute.com)
- Novel probiotic products Fertibiome and Neobiome improve fertility in couples and gut health in premature babies, according to research developed jointly by Spanish pharmaceutical Zinereo Pharma and R&D firm Probisearch. (nutraingredients.com)
- Houston Fertility Institute provides a full range of high-quality assisted reproductive technology services, including In vitro fertilization, to treat infertile couples. (chron.com)
- By Dr. Jeda Boughton, BodaHealth It is estimated that 16% of couples have fertility problems. (genesis-fertility.com)
- The effects lasted just one or two months, and researchers saw no impact on fertility at all. (newsweek.com)
- In 2007, researchers finally left campus and travelled to Tanzania to study how voice pitch relates to fertility. (popsci.com)
- In 2021, when the latest analysis was performed, Fast Track to Fertility was expanded to become the standard of care across Penn Medicine's department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. (eurekalert.org)
- Questions for Gladys Martinez, Statistician, and Lead Author of "Fertility of Men and Women Aged 15-44 in the United States: National Survey of Family Growth, 2011-2015" Q: Why did you decide to examine fertility measures in the United States? (cdc.gov)
- In 2001, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) launched an educational campaign titled "Protect Your Fertility" to inform women of these dangers. (heritage.org)
- Cigarette smoking and chewing tobaccos have both been found to cause a number of fertility issues in both men and women. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- Recent fertility-related news for a specific group of women is more encouraging. (medscape.com)
- We examined the effects of Japan's large rubella outbreak during 2012-2014 on behavioral changes among women of childbearing age by quantifying the temporal changes in fertility rates and rubella cases in 4 prefectures of Japan that experienced the brunt of the 2013 rubella epidemic. (cdc.gov)
- HPV can affect fertility in both men and women. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- In this article, learn about how HPV may affect fertility in both men and women. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Many types of fertility medications for women are available today. (healthline.com)
- Here are the common fertility medications for women. (healthline.com)
- By keeping the intake of AGEs as low as possible women may be able to keep their ovaries functioning optimally for longer, prolonging fertility. (bellaonline.com)
- Cross-referencing voice data with number of progeny confirmed the 2007 study linking pitch with fertility: Women with higher voices had more children and grandchildren. (popsci.com)
- Many women undergo 'stimulated' IUI cycles in which fertility drugs are taken before the procedure. (babycenter.com)
- A number of herbal supplements are available that are helpful in supporting fertility for both women and men. (americanpregnancy.org)
- The combination offers a comprehensive fertility supplement for women. (americanpregnancy.org)
- These tables present detailed fertility data for cohorts of women as they pass through their childbearing years and include central birth rates, cumulative birth rates, birth distributions, and birth probabilities. (cdc.gov)
- The tables present revised cohort fertility tables for all women for 1960-2000, new cohort fertility tables for all women for 2001-2009, and new cohort fertility tables for white and black women for 1960-2009 based on the race of mother. (cdc.gov)
- The cohort fertility tables also provide the percentage of childless women. (cdc.gov)
- Average number of children that a hypothetical cohort of women would have at the end of their reproductive period if they were subject during their whole lives to the fertility rates of a given period and if they were not subject to mortality. (who.int)
- Total fertility is directly calculated as the sum of age-specific fertility rates (usually referring to women aged 15 to 49 years), or five times the sum if data are given in five-year age groups. (who.int)
- In countries with low fertility rates, the total fertility rate usually refers to women aged 15 to 44 years. (who.int)
- Canadian Fertility Consulting continues this series of interviews with our surrogates to share stories from women just like you. (fertilityconsultants.ca)
- Notable gains include a significant decline in preventable deaths and increased life expectancy for women, wider access to contraceptives, improved fertility control, better prenatal care, and earlier detection of breast and cervical cancer. (bvsalud.org)
- Omega Golden Fertility is a specialised, premium and assisted reproduction centre in Nigeria. (omegagoldenfertility.com)
- Does exercise really lower fertility? (medhelp.org)
- It means that we need to do a much better job of educating people on the limitations of human fertility. (heritage.org)
- Human fertility (Cambridge) / Journals of Reproduction end Fertility. (bvs.br)
- Mercer's annual employer survey has tracked a big jump in companies offering a core fertility benefit, help with in vitro fertilization, which involves creating embryos by mixing eggs and sperm in a lab dish. (ap.org)
- St. Paul, MN, April 27, 2013 --( PR.com )-- ReproTech, Ltd., the leading cryobank specializing in long-term storage of human reproductive tissue (sperm, eggs, embryos and ovarian and testicular tissue), reached an agreement with Generations Fertility Care today. (pr.com)
- Clomiphene and gonadotropins , the most commonly used fertility drugs , regulate your reproductive hormones and trigger the release of one or more eggs in each ovulation cycle. (babycenter.com)
- But still, the fertility rate reached its lowest value of the observation period in 2020. (statista.com)
- Other times, damage to your ovaries is permanent and fertility doesn't return. (cancer.gov)
- It is no news that overall fertility rates in America have been declining over the past decade. (heritage.org)
- We identified a statistically significant decline in fertility rates associated with rubella epidemic activity and increased Google searches for the term "rubella. (cdc.gov)
- As fertility rates are estimates (similar to life expectancy), they refer to a hypothetical woman or cohort, and estimates assume that current age-specific fertility trends would remain constant throughout this person's reproductive years. (statista.com)
- Many of those countries have fertility rates that are more than a half child below the replacement level. (ipsnews.net)
- Those governments maintain that the only truly sustainable solution to population decline and demographic ageing is to raise the fertility rates of their own indigenous populations to at least the replacement level. (ipsnews.net)
- However, population projections for countries over the 21st century generally expect that once fertility rates fall below the replacement level, they will remain there. (ipsnews.net)
- ABSTRACT Objective: analyze trends in fertility rates and associations with perinatal outcomes for adolescents in Santa Catarina, Brazil. (bvsalud.org)
- Earlier in my career, it was so rare for companies to offer this,' says Alice Vichaita, head of global benefits at Pinterest, which covers fertility services for its global workforce. (axios.com)
- Most of the people who seek fertility care have been trying to get pregnant for at least a year, so the emotional stakes are high and they really want to get started as soon as possible," said the study's senior author and Fast Track to Fertility co-founder, Anuja Dokras, MD, PhD, a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and chair of Gynecology for the Women's Health Service Line. (eurekalert.org)
- Subscribe to receive our monthly No.1 newsletter with the latest fertility, women's health and skin tips, insightful resources and exclusive offers. (number1fertility.com)
- Employers are beefing up benefits packages to lure workers in a tight labor market, and many are adding pricey fertility benefits - such as in-vitro fertilization and egg freezing - to their offerings. (axios.com)
- Fertility Partnership offers In-Vitro Fertilization based on the device called Invocell. (fertilitypartnership.com)
- Suppression of puberty with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist analogs (GnRHa) in the pediatric transgender patient can pause the maturation of germ cells, and thus, affect fertility potential. (nih.gov)
- The effect of hormone therapy on fertility is potentially reversible, but the extent is unclear. (nih.gov)
- Hormone therapy (also called endocrine therapy ) used to treat cancer can disrupt the menstrual cycle , which may affect your fertility. (cancer.gov)
- We noted that the timing of fertility declines in 2014 occurred 9-13 months after peak rubella incidence months in 2013 in 4 prefectures with the highest rubella incidence. (cdc.gov)
- Diagnosis and appropriate correction of intrauterine anomalies are considered et d'Application en Chirurgie essential in order to increase chances of conception. (bvsalud.org)
- Le diagnostic et la prise en charge adéquate des lésions intra cavitaires permettent d'am liorer les chances de conception. (bvsalud.org)
- It "signals that fertility benefits have joined medical, dental and vision as a standard workplace benefit for leading employers," according to Gina Bartasi, founder and chairwoman of Kindbody. (ap.org)
- Other studies examined the relationship between fertility and different socioeconomic and demographic characteristics and their impact on population growth (13-16). (who.int)
- Increase bloodflow to reproductive organs through fertility boosting yoga. (cnyfertility.com)
- The transgender population faces many barriers to care, such as provider discrimination, lack of information, legal barriers, scarcity of fertility centers, financial burden, and emotional cost. (nih.gov)
- For fertility add Iodine. (mothering.com)
- 1 Describe the important chemical, biological and physical processes that influence the distribution of nutrients and soil fertility in various ecosystems. (massey.ac.nz)
- 4 Discuss selected techniques suitable for assessing fertiliser requirements and for monitoring soil fertility status. (massey.ac.nz)
- The aim is to guarantee permanent soil fertility and an even humus balance for the location, and create an optimum phytosanitary effect. (agravis.de)
- Soil fertility management and nutrient cycling are complex and central to plant function and agricultural productivity. (mdpi.com)
- Whether or not the nutrients are cycled back to the soil, or are transported away from the site will also have major effects on soil fertility status. (mdpi.com)
- In other words alcohol and drugs can affect your fertility. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- Alcohol and drugs affect fertility immensely just as they do many of physical parts of the body and it is best if you are trying to get pregnant or have children to stop all drug use and drinking. (orchidrecoverycenter.com)
- HPV can also affect fertility in men. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Surgery for cancers of the reproductive system and for cancers in the pelvis region can harm nearby reproductive tissues and cause scarring, which can affect your fertility. (cancer.gov)
- For those choosing to use herbs to enhance fertility, it is preferable to consult a healthcare provider who is familiar with herbs and how they affect different aspects of your fertility. (americanpregnancy.org)
- That is, the levels were well within the normal range and weren't low enough to affect fertility(2). (theveganrd.com)
- Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) has produced a fertility resource to help guide you every step of the way. (bcna.org.au)
- To view more information on fertility and breast cancer, you can sign up to BCNA's My Journey . (bcna.org.au)
- Childhood cancer survivors often face long-term health effects, including hearing loss, heart damage, impaired fertility, and a higher risk for a second cancer. (medlineplus.gov)