No data available that match "factor superovulation"
Higher pregnancy rates following treatment of cervical factor with intrauterine insemination without superovulation versus...
... without hyperstimulation to sexual intercourse was performed in women with cervical factor infertility. Among the strict ... A randomized study comparing the efficacy of timed intrauterine insemination (IUI) ... Higher pregnancy rates following treatment of cervical factor with intrauterine insemination without superovulation versus ... Insemination, Artificial, Homologous*. Male. Menotropins / therapeutic use. Pregnancy. Pregnancy Outcome. Semen. Superovulation ...
Evaluation of the Subfertile Man - - American Family Physician
Treatment of correctable male-factor pathology is cost effective, does not increase the risk of multiple births, and can spare ... Efficacy of superovulation and intrauterine insemination in the treatment of infertility. N Engl J Med. 1999;340:177-83. ... Male and female factors coexist in about one third of cases, while one third of cases are secondary to male factors only.1 ... It is not unreasonable, however, to begin a fertility evaluation sooner than one year if the womans age is a factor and ...
Congenital Malformations among Babies Born Following Letrozole or Clomiphene for Infertility Treatment.
Guzick DSCS,, Coutifaris C,, Overstreet JW,, Factor-Litvak P,, Steinkampf MP,, et al. (Year: 1999) Efficacy of superovulation ... intercourse or intrauterine insemination who received either letrozole (5 mg) or CC (100 mg) orally daily for 5 days from day 3 ... After adjusting for confounding factors the odds ratio for CC use and any birth defect was 3.19 (1.32-7.69) . ... In another study done at our institute, superovulation in mice with letrozole was shown not to increase the risk to spindle ...
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Insemination and fertilization. During these steps, the male partners sperm is mixed with the best of the retrieved eggs, to ... This is also called superovulation.. *Egg retrieval is achieved by aspiration of the follicle, to remove the ova from the body ... Male factor infertility. *Unexplained infertility. The procedure. IVF involves five steps:. *Hyperstimulation of the ovaries is ...
American Urological Association - Optimal Evaluation of the Infertile Male
A male factor is solely responsible in about 20% of infertile couples and contributory in another 30-40% ... A male factor is solely responsible in about 20% of infertile couples and contributory in another 30-40% ... Contemporary treatments for otherwise unexplained infertility, such as superovulation and intrauterine insemination or in vitro ... Prediction of pregnancy by intrauterine insemination using CASA estimates and strict criteria in patients with male factor ...
A Strict Infertility Diagnosis Has Poor Agreement with the Clinical Diagnosis Entered Into SART
National Cooperative Reproductive Medicine Network Efficacy of superovulation and intrauterine insemination in the treatment of ... While there was moderate agreement for diagnoses of endometriosis, tubal factor and Male factor, there remained 20% or greater ... Patients with multiple factors were less likely to achieve a pregnancy regardless criteria of which were applied; however their ... Guzick DS, Overstreet JW, Factor-Litvak P, Brazil CK, Nakajima ST, Coutifaris C, et al. Sperm morphology, motility, and ...
Chapter 12: Dynamics of ovarian function: the corpus luteum. - Free Online Library
One of the major factors restricting the use of artificial insemination in beef cattle is the labor required to round up and ... is essential for effective superovulation and embryo transfer and also enhances effectiveness of artificial insemination. ... However, it is clear that LH induces the expression of various genes that give rise to several regulatory factors that induce ... It has been postulated that oxytocin, or some other luteal factor disrupts cholesterol transport to bring about a decrease in ...
The impact of thyroid-stimulating hormone levels in euthyroid women on intrauterine insemination outcome | BMC Women's Health |...
... levels on intrauterine insemination (IUI) outcomes among euthyroid women. A retrospective cohort study was conducted. A total ... Efficacy of superovulation and intrauterine insemination in the treatment of infertility. National Cooperative Reproductive ... intrauterine insemination (IUI) is the first-line treatment in couples with unexplained infertility, cervical factors-related ... Insemination was performed 34-36 h after the hCG injection. In cycles with a spontaneous LH surge, IUI was performed 24 h after ...
Blastulation - Wikipedia
Experiments with implantation in mice show that hormonal induction, superovulation and artificial insemination successfully ... By transplanting them to the eye field on the neural plate, and by inducing several mis-expressions of transcription factors, ... The blastocoel is a fluid filled cavity which contains amino acids, proteins, growth factors, sugars, ions and other components ... Combining the expression of transcription factors and locational positioning of the blastula cells can lead to the development ...
Home - KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Regulation of Pituitary Gene Expression in Lines of Swine with Different Ovulation Rates | The Pig Site
While many factors can influence prolificacy, a primary component of litter size is ovulation rate, or the number of oocytes ( ... superovulation), and genetic selection. Despite its importance as a primary component of litter size, however, there is very ... eggs) available to be fertilized after insemination. From a research perspective, ovulation rate can be measured via ...
Hormonal Control of Estrus in Goats and Sheep - Management and Nutrition - Merck Veterinary Manual
... among other factors. A high eCG dose is characterized by superovulation, low fertility, shortened estrous cycles, pregnancy ... and fixed-time insemination performed on days 12 and 13. In regimens involving treatments other than prostaglandin alone, ... resulting in modification in the time of ovulation and consequent reduction of fertility when artificial insemination at a ... Which of the following factors might compromise the quality of colostrum? ...
Guruprasad Kalthur | Dept of Clinical Embryology - KMC Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Cellular changes in oocytes and somatic cells of Swiss albino mice subjected to super ovulation. 2011-01-01 Jemey Mathew ... Effect of platelet activating factor on in vitro maturation of mouse oocytes. 2012-01-01 Carol Rubina DSouza ... Effect of biotin supplementation in semen preparation media on pregnancy in intrauterine insemination. 2010-01-01 Jeena Sara ... Repeated superovulation induced changes in the oocytes, embryos and somatic cells (funded by SERB, Department of Science and ...
Superovulation and embryo transfer in dairy cattle - effect of management factors with emphasis on sex-sorted semen
... gonadotropin treatment protocol and semen and technical performance of donor inseminations. The purpose of the work presented ... environmental and management factors contribute to the outcome of superovulation and embryo recovery. The most prominent factor ... Superovulation and embryo transfer in dairy cattle - effect of management factors with emphasis on sex-sorted semen. Näytä ... Superovulation and embryo transfer in dairy cattle - effect of management factors with emphasis on sex-sorted semen. ...
Pregnancy Predictors after Intrauterine Insemination in Cases of Unexplained Infertility: A Prospective Study
... no other factors had significant prognostic value.,i, Conclusion,/i,. For unexplained infertility, IUI can be done to provide ... with intrauterine insemination (IUI).,i, Methods,/i,. 146 cases of unexplained infertility were included. A maximum of 3 cycles ... i,Introduction,/i,. Aim of the study was to find the effect of various prognostic factors in cases of unexplained infertility ... D. S. Guzick, S. A. Carson, C. Coutifaris et al., "Efficacy of superovulation and intrauterine insemination in the treatment of ...
Ovulation Induction - Infertility - European Medical Alliance
Efficacy of superovulation and intrauterine insemination in the treatment of infertility. National Cooperative Reproductive ... The risk factors for OHSS are similar to the risk factors for multiple pregnancy: estradiol level ,3000 pg/ml, large numbers of ... results of 4,062 intrauterine insemination cycles. Fertil Steril 2005;83:671-83, [A large review of the risk factors for higher ... Intrauterine insemination tubal anatomy, but this may be delayed in an anovulatory patient if there is no evidence of uterine/ ...
Endometriosis: Latest treatment options | Total Health
In patients with severely damaged pelvic anatomy, damaged fallopian tubes or when superovulation and intrauterine insemination ... Reports from a number of fertility centres around the world suggest that endometriosis may be a factor which reduces IVF ... artificial insemination treatment in combination with fertility drugs (superovulation) is known to be effective. The purpose of ... superovulation treatment in this situation is to increase the number of eggs released to achieve higher pregnancy rates. This ...
Fertility is Affordable
IUI and Superovulation. sarahvyang: What is the cost of an IUI (intrauterine insemination)? ... Factors to consider are the womans age, duration of infertility, infertility factors, prior treatments, risks, and costs. We ... Maggie_Clapp: The cost of an insemination is $452. That includes the sperm wash and insemination. ... Whether there are other fertility factors at play such as a male factor, lack of ovulation, your age, etc... So its hard to ...
PMSG-Intervet 5000 iu powder and solvent for solution POM
... unless to induce superovulation in cattle), it is inadvisable to permit service or insemination during the first heat produced. ... NB the exact dose of the product required to achieve effective superovulation will depend upon a number of factors particularly ... Superovulation in cattle. The product may be used for the superovulation of female donor cattle preparatory to embryo transfer ... Collection of fertilised embryos (flushing) is carried out 6-8 days after insemination, suitable embryos being transferred to ...
Treatment Methods (Sperm Recipients) | Leeds Fertility
Super-ovulation & Intrauterine Insemination - (SO & IUI). The pregnancy rate in women who fail to conceive with in the first ... This may be necessary when both male and female factor sub-fertility has been identified. See IVF booklet for detail. ... Artificial Insemination - (ICI and IUI). This is a relatively simple method of treatment, which may be appropriate if the ... A decision regarding the timing of insemination will be taken based on the size of your follicle containing the egg and the ...
Cervical mucus synonyms, cervical mucus antonyms - FreeThesaurus.com
Buy Bespar (Buspirone) Online
Direct intraperitoneal or intrauterine insemination and superovulation in infertility treatment: a randomized study. No study ... Purified A2 domain of von Willebrand factor binds to the active conformation of von Willebrand factor and blocks the ... So, to decrease work related low back discomfort, psychosocial factors should be attended in addition to ergonomics factors. ... Factors affecting representation of minorities and the disadvantaged in health planning agencies. Progressive Independence in ...
Search | Global Index Medicus
... and intrauterine insemination cycles. It might be affected by ovarian superovulation and endometrial local scratching. This ... Five-factor structure accounted for 63% of the variance. Arousal-orgasm domain was as same as arousal-sensation, arousal- ... After superovulation by clomiphene-citrate and gonadotropins and when the dominant follicles reached 18-20 mm, patients were ... Factor analysis produced five domains of female sexual function. Internal consistency, test-retest reliability, and ...
In-vitro fertilization (IVF): Procedure, success rate, and risks
Other factors that may affect success. Apart from age, the likelihood of success depends on factors including:. *how long you ... 4. Insemination and fertilization. The eggs that have been collected are placed together with male sperm and kept in an ... 2 Super ovulation. Fertility drugs containing the fertility hormone follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) are given to the woman. ... other techniques, such as the use of fertility drugs or intrauterine insemination (IUI), have not worked ...
SOIUI - Noel Leong Fertility & IVF Clinic
Superovulation is usually combined with intrauterine insemination in which the prepared sperm sample is placed directly into ... Couples who can consider the SOIUI programme include those with mild sperm factor infertility, cervical factor, sexual ... Superovulation is the process whereby a woman is given fertility drugs, usually injections (gonadotrophins) alone or in ... bypassing the cervix and finally by choosing the optimal time for the insemination. ...
Infertility Treatment & Services - Fertility Treatment Center
... cervical factor infertility, and infertility in which the exact cause cannot be identified. Super ovulation therapy is also an ... Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) also called Artificial Insemination (AI). Artificial insemination is a low tech form of ... Super Ovulation Infertility Treatment. Some causes of infertility can be effectively treated with super ovulation therapy. ... During super ovulation therapy, the woman is treated with medications that increase the number of eggs she ovulates each month ...
In Vitro Fertilization | Infertility Treatment | Fertility Clinic PA
Failed to conceive after an adequate trial of insemination with (super) ovulation ... A male factor contributing to infertility, in which sperm counts or motility are low but there are enough active sperm to allow ... Severe male factor in which sperm must be obtained surgically. *Unexplained infertility that has not responded to other ...
Management Factors Affecting Fertility in Sheep | IntechOpen
Management Factors Affecting Fertility in Sheep , IntechOpen, Published on: 2011-06-21. Authors: Pilar Santolaria, Inmaculada ... 2. Female associated factors. Management factors associated with artificial insemination in the ewe can modify fertility. In ... 2011 Repeated superovulation using a simplified FSH/eCG treatment for in vivo embryo production in sheep. Theriogenology, 75 4 ... 138 - G. H. Shackell, B. Kyle, R. P. Littlejohn, Factors influencing the success of a large scale artificial insemination ...
Infertility Investigation & Management
Superovulation intrauterine insemination (SO-IUI) is offered for mild male factor infertility, mild endometriosis, cervical ... In superovulation intra-uterine insemination (SO-IUI), several ovarian follicles (eggs) are stimulated and brought to ... superovulation intra-uterine insemination (SO-IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be commenced. ... Intra-uterine insemination (IUI) is a procedure in which prepared sperms are placed directly into the uterus and is usually ...
Ovulation Induction | UF Health, University of Florida Health
Superovulation is often combined with intrauterine insemination in unexplained infertility or in infertility associated with ... endometriosis or male factor. Controlled ovarian stimulation (COH) although using the principles of superovulation, is a ... For the latter, the term "superovulation" is often used since the main aim here is to stimulate more than one mature follicle. ... women with chronic anovulation or it can be used to enhance pregnancy rates in ovulatory women with various infertility factors ...
Vitro fertilizationCombined with intrauterine inseminationIntra-uterineOvarian stimulationEggsFertilizationHyperstimulationIntracytoplasmic sperm injSemenUterusTherapeuticOvulation inductionCouplesIntrauterine insemination cyclesArtificial Insemination DonorEmbryosClomiphene-citrateDonor spermFollicleUterineEndometriosisIntracervical inseminationAntibodiesProcedureMale infertilityTreatmentIntercourseVersusEmbryo recoveryReproductiveMultiple pregnancySevere male factor infertilityInfertility factorsWoman'sOocytesEstrusTubal factorMethodsPartner'sOutcomePregnancy rateOvarySuccessLaparoscopicPrognostic
- Controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) with homologous intrauterine insemination (IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) became some of the treatment options available. (hindawi.com)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) and assisted reproductive technology (ART) involving, in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) have become a ray of hope for millions of infertile couple. (manipal.edu)
- The success of infertility treatments like intrauterine insemination, in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection are mainly dependent on the sperm motility, its ability to undergo capacitation and acrosome reaction etc. (manipal.edu)
- Ovulation induction may also be used for controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) for treatment of other causes of infertility such as mild/moderate en-dometriosis, unexplained infertility, and for assisted reproductive techniques such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). (europeanmedical.info)
- In-vitro fertilization is ideal for women who have not been able to become pregnant through regular unprotected intercourse or after 12 cycles of artificial insemination. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Based on the results of these tests, treatments like ovulation induction, surgery to remove growths (polyps or fibroids) or adhesions, superovulation intra-uterine insemination (SO-IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be commenced. (gynaemd.com.sg)
- The options available for treatment include expectant management, clomiphene citrate, super ovulation with intrauterine insemination, and in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection. (cmijournal.org)
- Multiple research have looked into the effect of life-style factors on results of in vitro fertilization (IVF). (angiogenesis-blog.com)
- However, with the improvement in technology in the past few decades, intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF), micro-assisted fertilization such as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), as well as improved techniques in surgical manipulation, have revolutionized the treatment of male infertility. (glowm.com)
- Fertility medications also control the time that you release the eggs, or ovulate, so sexual intercourse, intrauterine inseminations , and In Vitro Fertilization procedures can be scheduled at the most optimal time to achieve pregnancy. (lifestartfertility.com)
- There are several factors which causes the failure of in vitro fertilization. (smilebabyivfs.in)
- This prospective study was performed to evaluate the effectiveness of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation(COH) with intrauterine insemination(IUI) versus in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer(IVF-ET) in the treatment of male infertility caused by sperm surface antibodies. (bvsalud.org)
- Treatment of idiopathic infertility, cervical mucus hostility, and male infertility: artificial insemination with husband's semen or in vitro fertilization? (meta.org)
- Couples with male infertility (n = 86), idiopathic infertility (n = 68), and cervical mucus hostility (n = 48) of a long duration were treated either by in vitro fertilization (IVF) or artificial insemination with husband's semen (AIH). (meta.org)
- Factors influencing the success of in vitro fertilization for alleviating human infertility. (mdedge.com)
- Factors affecting embryo implantation after human in vitro fertilization: a hypothesis. (mdedge.com)
Combined with intrauterine insemination4
- Superovulation is usually combined with intrauterine insemination in which the prepared sperm sample is placed directly into the uterine cavity to improve the woman's chances of conception. (noelleong.com)
- Superovulation is often combined with intrauterine insemination in unexplained infertility or in infertility associated with endometriosis or male factor. (ufhealth.org)
- Clomiphene may be combined with intrauterine insemination to boost the success of the medication by placing the sperm and egg in closer proximity to each other. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- To deal with this, patients are increasingly offered `controlled' ovarian stimulation combined with intrauterine insemination or IVF as 1st line treatment, regardless of the type of infertility (Fauser) 2. (fogsi.org)
- Through vaginal scanning you will be monitored for the growth rate of the follicles, number of follicles, and development of the lining of the uterus and advised of the optimum time for intra-uterine insemination (IUI). (genesisivf.co.uk)
- Sperm can be placed in the cervix (as a thawed semen preparation) - often referred to as ICI - or directly into the womb (as a washed culture of spermatozoa) - usually referred to as Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI). (genesisivf.co.uk)
- The pregnancy rate in women who fail to conceive with in the first year can be increased by using a combination of hormonal stimulation of the ovary and intra-uterine insemination. (genesisivf.co.uk)
- Intra-uterine insemination ( IUI ) is a procedure in which prepared sperms are placed directly into the uterus and is usually combined with superovulation (SO) to enhance the chances of conception for couples who are having problems conceiving. (gynaemd.com.sg)
- In superovulation intra-uterine insemination ( SO-IUI ), several ovarian follicles (eggs) are stimulated and brought to maturation and ovulation. (gynaemd.com.sg)
- This process of injecting sperm in the uterus is called Intra Uterine Insemination - IUI. (ivfclinic.com)
- An intra-uterine insemination (IUI) is a method to place a concentrated sample of sperm in the uterus. (womenshealthmatters.ca)
- Intra-uterine insemination (IUI) is a treatment that can be used to help women become pregnant. (endometriosis.org)
- Intra-uterine insemination may involve controlled ovarian hyperstimulation, which is a treatment that uses hormonal drugs to stimulate the ovaries to produce additional eggs. (endometriosis.org)
- For more information about intra-uterine insemination treatment, consult your local infertility treatment centre. (endometriosis.org)
- The pregnancy rates achieved by women with minimal-mild endometriosis who undergo intra-uterine insemination with their partner's or a donor's sperm are lower than those of women without fertility problems [1,2]. (endometriosis.org)
- However, women with minimal-mild endometriosis who undergo intra-uterine insemination and controlled ovarian hyperstimulation are more likely to conceive than those who try conceiving without such help [4,5,6]. (endometriosis.org)
- Research indicates that if you have not conceived after 3-4 intra-uterine insemination cycles, you are not likely to conceive with further treatment cycles . (endometriosis.org)
- Just near the time of ovulation, about 0.3 ml of washed and concentrated semen having at least 1 million sperms from husband is introduced artificially through a flexible polyethylene catheter into the vagina or into uterus called intra-uterine insemination or (IUI). (yourarticlelibrary.com)
- If they do not conceive, then we advise them to go for IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination). (firmhospitals.com)
- What is an Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI)? (gayparentstobe.com)
- Aim of the study was to find the effect of various prognostic factors in cases of unexplained infertility undergoing controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) with intrauterine insemination (IUI). (hindawi.com)
- Success rate of controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) with intrauterine insemination (IUI) varies between 8 and 22% [ 1 - 3 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Controlled ovarian stimulation (COH) although using the principles of superovulation, is a special stimulation regimen geared for assisted reproduction. (ufhealth.org)
- If he has at least 5 million active sperm, Dr. Rosenwaks generally recommends intrauterine insemination (IUI) either in a natural cycle or with ovarian stimulation (superovulation) of his female partner. (inciid.org)
- Failed 2-4 cycles of ovarian stimulation with intrauterine insemination. (chawlanursinghome.com)
- The authors of RCTs that compared expectant management (EM), intracervical insemination (ICI), intrauterine insemination (IUI), all three with or without controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) and IVF in couples with unexplained or male subfertility, and had reported live birth or ongoing pregnancy as an outcome measure, were invited to share their data. (bvsalud.org)
- While many factors can influence prolificacy, a primary component of litter size is ovulation rate, or the number of oocytes (eggs) available to be fertilized after insemination. (thepigsite.com)
- Superovulation is the process whereby a woman is given fertility drugs, usually injections (gonadotrophins) alone or in combination with oral clomiphene to stimulate the ovaries to produce 2 to 3 eggs to maturation and ovulation. (noelleong.com)
- The SOIUI programme enhances conception by increasing the number of eggs available to be fertilised which may then improve the internal environment of the pelvis for fertilisation and implantation of the embryo while the sperm preparation would select the motile fraction of the sperms to be placed into the uterine cavity, bypassing the cervix and finally by choosing the optimal time for the insemination. (noelleong.com)
- If several cycles are unsuccessful, the best option then may be IVF either with the patient's own eggs or donor eggs, depending on several factors. (centerforfertilitypreservation.com)
- Male factor fertility treatments may include intrauterine insemination (IUI) or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI - a laboratory technique that injects individual sperm directly into isolated eggs with the aid of a microscope). (womenshealthmatters.ca)
- The goal of superovulation is to increase both the number of eggs released (3-4 per cycle) to help offset the normal age-related decline in egg quality, that all patients experience to a certain degree. (pacificfertility.ca)
- At home, you or your partner injects you with gonadotropin or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) to make your ovaries produce multiple eggs ( superovulation ). (healthwise.net)
- Superovulation with hormones requires regular blood tests, daily injections (some of which are quite painful), frequent monitoring by your doctor, and harvesting of eggs. (healthwise.net)
- Unlike the simpler process of artificial insemination -- in which sperm is placed in the uterus and conception happens otherwise normally -- IVF involves combining eggs and sperm outside the body in a laboratory. (ivfinfertilityclinics.com)
- The eggs are isolated from the aspirated follicle and allowed to rest in the incubator for a while before insemination. (healthriskfood.com)
- This is because of the fact that superovulation cannot improve the quality of eggs within the ovaries. (ucsfivf.org)
- If too many eggs are developing at the time of insemination, the insemination may be canceled. (sandhillswomancare.com)
- These multiple follicles can be taken out by oocyte retrieval (egg collection) for use in in vitro fertilisation (IVF), or be given time to ovulate, resulting in superovulation which is the ovulation of a larger-than-normal number of eggs, generally in the sense of at least two. (wikipedia.org)
- Insemination and fertilization. (news-medical.net)
- For women with antisperm antibodies in their cervical mucus or "poor" mucus and for men with mild male factor infertility, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a common first line fertility treatment where washed and concentrated sperm are placed directly into the uterus to maximize the chances of fertilization. (pacificfertility.ca)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a technique of assisted conception in which washed and sorted motile sperm is inserted through the uterine cervix into the uterine cavity to increase the chances of natural fertilization of the oocyte within the fallopian tubes. (news-medical.net)
- The rationale behind intrauterine insemination (IUI) is increasing the density of motile sperms in the vicinity of ova at the site of fertilization. (shivanifertility.com)
- A randomized study comparing the efficacy of timed intrauterine insemination (IUI) without hyperstimulation to sexual intercourse was performed in women with cervical factor infertility. (biomedsearch.com)
- Superovulation, or Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation (COH), combined with IUI has been demonstrated to be an effective method of treatment for couples where less invasive therapies have not been successful in achieving a pregnancy. (pacificfertility.ca)
- Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) with IUI is often used for treatment of unexplained infertility, anovulation, early stage endometriosis and borderline male factor infertility. (jri.ir)
- Therefore the aim of this study was comparison of efficacy of Letrozole and Clomiphene Citrate along with gonadotrophins in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for intrauterine insemination cycles. (jri.ir)
Intracytoplasmic sperm inj1
- Factors influencing poor prognosis for azoospermic men before intracytoplasmic sperm injection. (isgesociety.com)
- 1 If a male infertility factor is present, it is almost always defined by the finding of an abnormal semen analysis, although other male factors may play a role even when the semen analysis is normal. (auanet.org)
- Various prognostic factors like age of the couple, duration of infertility, BMI, semen parameters, duration of stimulation, and endometrial thickness have been studied in the past to find their effect on success rate. (hindawi.com)
- The superovulatory outcome is additionally affected by several factors that can conflict with management decisions, including nutritional management of the donor, gonadotropin treatment protocol and semen and technical performance of donor inseminations. (helsinki.fi)
- A semen analysis should be performed as 25-40% of infertility has a male-factor component. (europeanmedical.info)
- A fresh semen sample (no more than a half hour old) is collected and then analyzed in a laboratory for a variety of different factors. (fertilitytreatmentcenter.com)
- If any of these factors are revealed to be less than perfect in a semen analysis, male fertility may be compromised. (fertilitytreatmentcenter.com)
- An Arab horse breeder in the early 13th century carried out the first insemination reported, by trapping stallion semen in wool placed in the vagina of a mare and transferring this to the vagina of another mare ( Heape, 1898 ). (intechopen.com)
- Later, in 1780, an Italian priest and physiologist named Lazzaro Spallanzani performed artificial insemination with dog semen, and revolutionised the way scientists thought. (intechopen.com)
- Cervical insemination with fresh semen is the main method chosen due to its simplicity and satisfactory results. (intechopen.com)
- On the day of the insemination (IUI), the husband produces a fresh semen sample if possible at our fertility centre. (gynaemd.com.sg)
- The primary method of determining a male factor is through a semen analysis. (fertilityjacksonville.com)
- Clinical Evaluation and Treatment of Male Factor Infertility Semen Analysis Essentials for the Clinician. (moluna.de)
- Cervical inseminations with fresh undiluted semen were performed 36 h and 48 h following CIDR removal and the embryos surgically flushed six days after the second AI. (scielo.org.za)
- An impaired semen analysis or poor post coital test may result in a suggestion of intrauterine insemination as the treatment of choice. (olympiafertility.com)
- Closure of the uterus is provided by the cervix (4-7 cm long), a muscular canal with several cervical folds or rings that must be at last partially penetrated during artificial insemination. (goatworld.com)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is the placing of sperm into a woman's uterus when she is ovulating. (shivanifertility.com)
- Alternatively, such couples may consider therapeutic donor insemination or adoption. (auanet.org)
- It is also used for therapeutic donor insemination. (pacificfertility.ca)
- Introduction One of the options for treating severe male factor infertility, is artificial insemination using donor sperm or, more commonly, donor insemination ("DI") or therapeutic donor insemination" or TDI. (shivanifertility.com)
- Ovulation induction and superovulation in infertile women is a common procedure before IUI or IVF/ICSI respectively. (manipal.edu)
- But despite advances in the past 3 decades, the success rate of IUI and IVF is limited by low success rates (~10-15% and 30-35% respectively) due to which most of the times infertile women have to undergo repeated ovulation induction or superovulation. (manipal.edu)
- If other infertility factors are present, these may require additional treatments that are not addressed with ovulation induction, alone. (europeanmedical.info)
- In fact, 74% of treatment cycles performed at FTC include ovulation induction and intrauterine insemination (IUI fertility treatment) - low-tech treatments requiring less medication and fewer monitoring appointments with a lower cost. (fertilitytreatmentcenter.com)
- There are different levels of ovulation induction commonly used to treat infertility related to ovulation disorders, male factor or unknown causes. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- Superovulation is a more aggressive level of ovulation induction. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- The aim of this study was to compare the effectiveness of Letrozole and CC for ovulation induction in patients with unexplained infertility, early stage endometriosis, PCO's and borderline male factor infertility. (jri.ir)
- For these reasons, in many reproductive health care institutions it is often the first line of treatment offered to couples with idiopathic infertility, male factor infertility, and hostile cervical mucus and anti-sperm antibodies. (freethesaurus.com)
- Couples who can consider the SOIUI programme include those with mild sperm factor infertility, cervical factor, sexual dysfunction, unexplained infertility and donor sperm insemination. (noelleong.com)
- The management options depend on various factors such as age of woman, duration of infertility, couples' preferences, and the health-care setting. (cmijournal.org)
- Couples with unexplained infertility who do not get pregnant during several cycles of superovulation plus IUI are often quite successful with an IVF procedure. (inciid.org)
- Male factor infertility is involved in approximately 50% of infertile couples, and in 30% of the cases, an abnormality is discovered solely in the man. (glowm.com)
- In general, in the absence of absolute impediments for conception (blocked fallopian tubes, severe male factor), couples may be offered three to six cycles of superovulation and intrauterine insemination (IUI) before proceeding to IVF. (chawlanursinghome.com)
- There was no evidence of other factors in infertility in any infertile couples. (bvsalud.org)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is commonly performed in couples whose infertility investigations have failed to detect a specific cause of infertility (unexplained infertility) or have shown mild male factor infertility. (pacificfertility.ca)
- It includes a thorough evaluation not a detailed questionnaire, which has been prepared to bring all the possible factors that could cause infertility in couples. (healthriskfood.com)
- At times couples are found struggling because of the male factor and here superovulation is quite effective. (ucsfivf.org)
Intrauterine insemination cycles1
- Implantation is considered as the rate-limiting step in success of assisted reproduction techniques, and intrauterine insemination cycles. (bvsalud.org)
Artificial Insemination Donor2
- Repeated superovulation induced changes in the oocytes, embryos and somatic cells (funded by SERB, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. (manipal.edu)
- Earlier studies reported in the literature and a recent work done in our laboratory have revealed significant changes in the oocyte quality, developmental potential of the embryos and increased genomic instability in somatic cells of Swiss albino mouse subjected to repeated superovulation. (manipal.edu)
- Collection of fertilised embryos (flushing) is carried out 6-8 days after insemination, suitable embryos being transferred to female recipient cattle whose oestrous cycles have previously been synchronised with that of the donor female. (hyperdrug.co.uk)
- When artificial insemination was conducted prior to Ns-ET, the farrowing and survival rates obtained using V/T/W embryos were 75.0%, and 21.3%, respectively. (bvsalud.org)
- The exact number of embryos transferred is a complex issue that depends on many factors, especially the woman's age. (medlineplus.gov)
- The potential of MOET to accelerate genetic progress in goats can be accomplished through repeated superovulation and the recovery of embryos from superior donors. (scielo.org.za)
- Successive superovulation and the collection of embryos in less seasonal breeds such as the Boer goat may lead to faster progress, above that achieved in a natural breeding management system. (scielo.org.za)
- Repeated superovulation with porcine follicle stimulating hormone (pFSH) in goats has been reported to reduce the number of ovulations and embryos recovered, as well as the number of transferable embryos (Nuti et al . (scielo.org.za)
- BACKGROUND: With the medical advancement some studies put forward that letrozole (LE), a specific aromatase inhibitor with the function of reducing oestrogen synthesis, has recently been applied as a potentially better alternative compared with clomiphene citrate (CC), owing to that it has a superior efficacy as compared with CC in patients of unexplained infertility undergoing intrauterine insemination (IUI). (bvsalud.org)
- Background: We performed this study to investigate and compare the effects of Letrozole and gonadotrophins versus Clomiphene Citrate and gonadotrophins in women undergoing superovulation for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). (jri.ir)
- Successful insemination with donor sperm is again linked with the age of the woman, and has a 22 percent conception rate per cycle compared to less than 10 percent when only homologous sperm is used. (news-medical.net)
- Severe male factor infertility may require IVF or donor sperm. (olympiafertility.com)
- It allows us to perform inseminations or IVF when a husband or partner is out of town, or when donor sperm that has been purchased is not yet ready to use. (olympiafertility.com)
- A decision regarding the timing of insemination will be taken based on the size of your follicle containing the egg and the time your urine shows a colour change. (genesisivf.co.uk)
- For the latter, the term "superovulation" is often used since the main aim here is to stimulate more than one mature follicle. (ufhealth.org)
- Intrauterine insemination tubal anatomy, but this may be delayed in an anovulatory patient if there is no evidence of uterine/tubal disease on history and or physical examination. (europeanmedical.info)
- With an intrauterine insemination, the sperm bypasses the cervix and enters the uterine cavity directly. (firmhospitals.com)
- A trial of superovulation in ovum donors undergoing uterine lavage. (mdedge.com)
- Kappa statistics showed only moderate agreement between strict and clinical diagnosis of endometriosis, male, and tubal factor. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- In one population based study, older patients were found to be more likely to have "unexplained" and tubal factor infertility, while younger women are more likely to have ovulatory dysfunction or endometriosis( 3 ). (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- However most of the studies included all the indications for IUI like mild male factor, endometriosis, anovulation, and cervical factors. (hindawi.com)
- In this randomized clinical trial 144 women with unexplained infertility, mild male factor, and mild endometriosis randomly divided into two study groups through block randomization. (bvsalud.org)
- Superovulation intrauterine insemination (SO-IUI) is offered for mild male factor infertility, mild endometriosis, cervical factor infertility, unexplained infertility and after several failed clomiphene (ovulation medication) cycles. (gynaemd.com.sg)
- Some of the factors that may contribute to the etiology of unexplained infertility are inability to identify the subtle reproductive abnormalities, endocrine/genetic/immunological disorders, minimal/mild endometriosis, and compromised ovarian and natural fecundability that may be less than normal. (cmijournal.org)
- Are there risk factors for endometriosis? (embrywomenshealth.com)
- Infertility due to anovulation or unexplained infertility is somewhat more easily treated with IUI than is endometriosis or male factor infertility. (news-medical.net)
- One study found that the success rate of insemination in women with endometriosis is about half of that of other women . (endometriosis.org)
- Minimal endometriosis and reduced fecundability: prospective evidence from an artificial insemination by donor program. (endometriosis.org)
- Attempts by several studies have been made to identify the risk factors for the development of endometriosis. (glowm.com)
- Five hundred consecutive women with unexplained infertility, PCOS early stage endometriosis, and borderline male factor infertility were recruited for study from March 2008-March 2010. (jri.ir)
- Objective To recognize risk elements for pregnancy outcomes in lovers treated with intrauterine or intracervical insemination, with or without superovulation for male-factor or unexplained infertility. (angiogenesis-blog.com)
- To handle these relevant queries, the partnership was analyzed by us between life-style elements, occupational exposures and treatment outcomes in a big multicenter randomized medical trial (21) analyzing the potency of different remedies EP (intracervical insemination (ICI), COS with ICI, organic routine IUI, and COS with IUI) for unexplained infertility. (angiogenesis-blog.com)
- The repetitive use of eCG has produced antibodies against eCG in certain sheep and goats, resulting in modification in the time of ovulation and consequent reduction of fertility when artificial insemination at a fixed time is done. (merckvetmanual.com)
- Several factors have been suggested to attribute to the reduction in superovulation response e.g. the refractoriness of the ovaries if superovulation is repeated within an interval of 2 to 6 months and the formation of gonadotrophin antibodies following successive superovulation (Nuti et al . (scielo.org.za)
- Women should return to our fertility clinic 14-17 days after the insemination (IUI) procedure for a urine and blood pregnancy test. (gynaemd.com.sg)
- Success rates for IVF depend on a number of factors, including the reason for infertility, where you're having the procedure done, and your age. (ivfinfertilityclinics.com)
- Have a procedure that puts sperm directly inside the woman (insemination). (billingsclinic.com)
- The insemination procedure itself requires a visit to the clinic by both partners. (pacificfertility.ca)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a common procedure performed in cases of cervical hostility, erectile dysfunction and unexplained infertility. (firmhospitals.com)
- some would require other procedure such as Artificial Insemination. (healthriskfood.com)
- Today attempts are made to specifically identify causes of male infertility such as immunological, infectious or hormonal factors in order to prescribe a specific treatment. (gfmer.ch)
- In case of treatment failure, depending on the severity of male infertility, insemination, IVF or microfertilisation (ICSI) can be tried regardless of the etiology. (gfmer.ch)
- Higher pregnancy rates following treatment of cervical factor with intrauterine insemination without superovulation versus intercourse: the importance of a well-timed postcoital test for infertility. (biomedsearch.com)
- These data suggest that carefully timed IUI in nonhyperstimulated cycles is an effective treatment for cervical factor infertility. (biomedsearch.com)
- Treatment of correctable male-factor pathology is cost effective, does not increase the risk of multiple births, and can spare the woman invasive procedures and potential complications associated with assisted reproductive technologies. (aafp.org)
- In addition, this trait can be improved in a number of different ways, including nutrition (flushing), hormonal treatment (superovulation), and genetic selection. (thepigsite.com)
- In view of the above factors, in a significant number of cases IUI is often the most practical treatment choice for the treating physician as well as the couple before moving on to IVF. (hindawi.com)
- Considering that many lovers go through such treatment cycles to be able to attain a being pregnant, a better knowledge of the partnership between life-style factors and results is important to be able to properly counsel patients. (angiogenesis-blog.com)
- At the end of the superovulation treatment process, a low dose HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) may be prescribed to stimulate ovulation. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- Depending on the cause of infertility, the success rate per superovulation treatment cycle is approximately 10-20% based on the woman's age. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- IVF is indeed the most targeted treatment available with substantially higher pregnancy rates than intrauterine insemination (IUI). (centerforfertilitypreservation.com)
- However, because IVF is more expensive and invasive than IUI, a younger woman's typical treatment path may start with IUI and superovulation. (centerforfertilitypreservation.com)
- A woman's age at onset of treatment remains one of the biggest factors in choosing which technique is optimal. (centerforfertilitypreservation.com)
- Age is an important factor if you are trying to decide whether to get testing and treatment for fertility problems. (billingsclinic.com)
- We will recommend a consultation with your physician after 3-4 inseminations have been completed to evaluate your treatment plan. (pacificfertility.ca)
- The success of IVF and live birth rates are dependent on several factors such as the patient's age, medical history and prior fertility treatment history. (nlb.gov.sg)
- Insemination procedures can improve your chances of becoming pregnant, especially when combined with superovulation treatment. (firmhospitals.com)
- These factors have placed greater emphasis on the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. (womenshealthsection.com)
- Keywords: Infertility, life-style, being pregnant, live delivery, insemination, superovulation Intro Infertility, thought as the shortcoming to conceive after a year of unprotected intercourse, can be a major general public health problem influencing as much as 15% of most lovers (1, 2). (angiogenesis-blog.com)
- The patient is instructed to either have intercourse during this time or to come in for an Intrauterine Insemination. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- The use of hCG helps time intercourse or inseminations. (lifestartfertility.com)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) versus In-virto Fertilisation (IVF). (fortunejournals.com)
- Several animal-related, environmental and management factors contribute to the outcome of superovulation and embryo recovery. (helsinki.fi)
- Can repeated superovulation and embryo recovery in Boer goats limit donor participation in a MOET programme? (scielo.org.za)
- This study evaluated the effect of repeated superovulation and embryo recovery in 15 Boer goat does. (scielo.org.za)
- Several findings concerning the effect of repeated superovulation and embryo recovery have been reported in goat breeds. (scielo.org.za)
- This study evaluated the effect of repeated superovulation on the ovarian response and embryo recovery rates of South African Boer goat does. (scielo.org.za)
- A single dose of the product (1500 - 4000 iu) is injected on day 9 - 13 of a normal oestrous cycle (NB the exact dose of the product required to achieve effective superovulation will depend upon a number of factors particularly the breed, age, reproductive history, general health and nutritional status of the donor female and will be subject to individual variation). (hyperdrug.co.uk)
- In Spain, artificial insemination programmes in sheep are linked to the genetic selection schemes of the breeds, but it has not been successfully integrated with reproductive technology on farms as happen in sows or cows. (intechopen.com)
- In reproductive planning, intervals between lambings, season, age of ewe, heat stress, nutrition state or breed are some of the factors which have a great effect on fertility results. (intechopen.com)
- donor insemination studies (which control for fertility of themale partner and coital frequency) and with assisted The age-associated decline in female fecundity and in- reproductive technologies (ART) including in vitro fertiliza- creased risk of spontaneous abortion are largely attributable tion (IVF). (medicpdf.com)
- He focuses on to investigate the developmental competence of oocytes contained in these follicles for refining controlled breeding programs (e.g. fixed-time artificial insemination and superovulation procedures) to improve reproductive efficiency in beef cattle and to help with assisted reproduction in humans. (usask.ca)
Severe male factor infertility1
- is often utilized for severe male factor infertility. (olympiafertility.com)
- All other infertility factors were negative. (biomedsearch.com)
- It can be used for restoration of ovulation in women with chronic anovulation or it can be used to enhance pregnancy rates in ovulatory women with various infertility factors. (ufhealth.org)
- The tility may have other fertility problems (e.g., male factor) in consequences of undiagnosed infertility factors can be moredetrimental to women who have limited time to achieve asuccessful pregnancy. (medicpdf.com)
- Add in any number of infertility factors from either gender and those chances can decrease significantly. (ivfinfertilityclinics.com)
- It is not unreasonable, however, to begin a fertility evaluation sooner than one year if the woman's age is a factor and delaying the evaluation could further diminish the couple's chance of conceiving. (aafp.org)
- A woman's age and duration of trying to conceive are both primary factors in deciding when to seek consultation with a fertility specialist. (womenshealthmatters.ca)
- A number of factors affect the pregnancy rate, with the most important being a woman's age. (womenshealthsection.com)
- The preliminary study conducted in our laboratory has shown that the mouse oocytes subjected to repeated superovulation had significantly higher ROS level, increase in oocyte diameter with large perivitelline space and altered distribution pattern of mitochondria. (manipal.edu)
- For the timed re-insemination at the minimal interbreeding interval, cows were treated with a progesterone (P4 )-releasing intravaginal device from Days 13-15 to 21 post-insemination (Day 0 = estrus), followed by plasma P4 assay on Day 23 and then subjected to the Experiments 1 and 2. (bvsalud.org)
- Knowledge of these processes facilitates an understanding of the techniques that can be used to control reproduction (superovulation, estrus synchronization etc.) in the doe. (goatworld.com)
- Different methods are used in artificial insemination, but intrauterine insemination (IUI) is very common. (yourarticlelibrary.com)
- How long a couple chooses to wait is influenced by the female partner's age and other personal factors. (healthwise.net)
- Embryo transfer to a developed endometrium is an important prognostic factor in frozen-thawed embryo transfer cycle outcome. (bvsalud.org)
- Risk factors age 25 to 29, 15% at age 30 to 34, 30% at age 35 to 39, and for early loss of ovarian reserve include smoking, family 64% at age 40 to 44 Similarly, a sharp decline in history of premature ovarian failure, significant ovarian pa- pregnancy rate with advancing female age is noted with thology, and previous ovarian surgery. (medicpdf.com)
- Transforming growth factor- β1: an inhibitor of interleukin-1β in the rat ovary. (princetonivf.com)
- The most prominent factor affecting the success of superovulation is an animal-related attribute: the ovarian follicular population responsive to exogenous gonadotropin stimulation. (helsinki.fi)
- using a joint model combining two main traits, one relative to female and the other relative to the male, reported that the main variation factors of AI success were relative to non-sex-specific effects and to female effect, suggesting that choosing females to inseminate might slightly improve the AI results. (intechopen.com)
- Its chances of success depend upon several factors. (news-medical.net)
- For anyone planning to resort to Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), an understanding of factors impinging on likely IUI success rates is a must. (ucsfivf.org)
- found a season effect on the AI fertility in Churra ewes, which was more important in cervical than laparoscopic artificial insemination. (intechopen.com)
- The fallopian tubes are checked through a laparoscopic examination before the woman undergoes Super-Ovulation and Artificial Insemination (SO-AI). (nlb.gov.sg)
- The following study was conducted to find the prognostic factors in cases of unexplained infertility undergoing COS with IUI. (hindawi.com)
- Prognostic factors in unexplained infertility include maternal age, duration of infertility, and previous obstetric history. (cmijournal.org)
- A high day 3 level is a poor prognostic factor. (chawlanursinghome.com)
- It is important to establish robust prognostic factors which can help to formulate guidelines to make IUI more focused in its application. (news-medical.net)