Gonadotropins secreted by the pituitary or the placenta in horses. This term generally refers to the gonadotropins found in the pregnant mare serum, a rich source of equine CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN; LUTEINIZING HORMONE; and FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE. Unlike that in humans, the equine LUTEINIZING HORMONE, BETA SUBUNIT is identical to the equine choronic gonadotropin, beta. Equine gonadotropins prepared from pregnant mare serum are used in reproductive studies.
Follicle Stimulating Hormone
A major gonadotropin secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Follicle-stimulating hormone stimulates GAMETOGENESIS and the supporting cells such as the ovarian GRANULOSA CELLS, the testicular SERTOLI CELLS, and LEYDIG CELLS. FSH consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is common in the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH, and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity.
A gonadotropic glycoprotein hormone produced primarily by the PLACENTA. Similar to the pituitary LUTEINIZING HORMONE in structure and function, chorionic gonadotropin is involved in maintaining the CORPUS LUTEUM during pregnancy. CG consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is virtually identical to the alpha subunits of the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH, and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity (CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN, BETA SUBUNIT, HUMAN).
A major gonadotropin secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Luteinizing hormone regulates steroid production by the interstitial cells of the TESTIS and the OVARY. The preovulatory LUTEINIZING HORMONE surge in females induces OVULATION, and subsequent LUTEINIZATION of the follicle. LUTEINIZING HORMONE consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is common in the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity.
Hormones that stimulate gonadal functions such as GAMETOGENESIS and sex steroid hormone production in the OVARY and the TESTIS. Major gonadotropins are glycoproteins produced primarily by the adenohypophysis (GONADOTROPINS, PITUITARY) and the placenta (CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN). In some species, pituitary PROLACTIN and PLACENTAL LACTOGEN exert some luteotropic activities.
Chorionic Gonadotropin, beta Subunit, Human
The beta subunit of human CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN. Its structure is similar to the beta subunit of LUTEINIZING HORMONE, except for the additional 30 amino acids at the carboxy end with the associated carbohydrate residues. HCG-beta is used as a diagnostic marker for early detection of pregnancy, spontaneous abortion (ABORTION, SPONTANEOUS); ECTOPIC PREGNANCY; HYDATIDIFORM MOLE; CHORIOCARCINOMA; or DOWN SYNDROME.
No data available that match "factor superovulation"
Superovulation with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) trigger and gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) trigger...
GnRHa is less potent at inducing ovarian vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), but may also affect endometrial ... Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRHa) are used as an alternative to human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to trigger ... In this study, we explore the effect of superovulation on endometrial angiogenesis during critical periods of gestation in a ... We assigned female mice to three groups: natural mating or mating following injection with equine chorionic gonadotropin and ...
Calcium-regulating hormones and parathyroid hormone-related peptide in normal human pregnancy and postpartum: a longitudinal...
1624019 - Superovulation with human menopausal gonadotropins in the treatment of infertility asso.... 7982259 - A cost-benefit ... 6872319 - Identification of a factor blocking a cellular cytotoxicity reaction in pregnant serum.. 15803959 - Evaluation of ... but the involvement of other factors cannot be excluded.. ...
Volume 102 Issue 5 | Biology of Reproduction
... human chorionic gonadotropin, assisted reproductive technology, superovulation, vascular endothelial growth factor, ... Superovulation with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) trigger and gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) trigger ... Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRHa) are used as an alternative to human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to trigger ... The gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists and human chorionic gonadotropin agents used to trigger ovulation before in vitro ...
Gonadotropin surge-attenuating factor - Wikipedia
Superovulation is common in women who take medications such as clomiphene citrate, an anti-estrogenic oral medication used to ... Gonadotropin surge-attenuating factor (GnSAF) is a nonsteroidal ovarian hormone produced by the granulosa cells of small antral ... Fowler, P. A. (1996-04-01). "The nature and function of putative gonadotropin surge- attenuating/inhibiting factor (GnSAF/IF ... Vega, Mario G.; Zarek, Shvetha M.; Bhagwat, Medha; Segars, James H. (2015). "Gonadotropin surge-inhibiting/attenuating factors ...
Hormonal Control of Estrus in Goats and Sheep - Management and Nutrition - Merck Veterinary Manual
... among other factors. A high eCG dose is characterized by superovulation, low fertility, shortened estrous cycles, pregnancy ... During the nonbreeding season, a source of gonadotropin is also required. The most common gonadotropin used is eCG, ... Injection of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG; 100-500 IU) at the end of treatment increases synchronization of ovulation or ... Which of the following factors might compromise the quality of colostrum? ...
How can we prevent iatrogenic twıns in art
Reducing the risk of HOMP after stimulation with gonadotropins. N Engl J Med 2000;343:2-7.. 5. Tur R. et al. Risk factors for ... Efficacy of superovulation in IUI in the treatment of infertility. N Engl J Med 1999;340:177-83.. 4. Gleicher N et al. ... Nevertheless, the number of attempts may be a factor leading couples to request transfer of more embryos. As our centre is ... 32 .Minaretzis, D., Harris, D., Alper, M.M., Mortola, J.F., Berger, M.J. and Power, D. (1998) Multivariate analysis of factors ...
Superovulation and embryo transfer in dairy cattle - effect of management factors with emphasis on sex-sorted semen
... the ovarian follicular population responsive to exogenous gonadotropin stimulation. Environmental factors, such as heat stress ... environmental and management factors contribute to the outcome of superovulation and embryo recovery. The most prominent factor ... Superovulation and embryo transfer in dairy cattle - effect of management factors with emphasis on sex-sorted semen. Näytä ... Superovulation and embryo transfer in dairy cattle - effect of management factors with emphasis on sex-sorted semen. ...
Medical Treatment of Male Infertility | GLOWM
In a group of patients with male-factor infertility or abnormal postcoital tests, IUI plus superovulation resulted in a ... GONADOTROPINS AND GONADOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE.. The administration of exogenous gonadotropins (hCG, hMG) to men with ... In nonmale-factor patients, the usual number of sperm placed with the oocytes in the oviduct is 100,000. In male-factor cases, ... Recently, IUI in conjunction with superovulation has become a popular treatment for male-factor infertility, as well as ...
Otani, N., Sawako, M., Yamoto, M., Shikone, T., Otani, H., Nishiyama, R., Otani, T. and Nakano, R. (1999) The vascular...
The vascular endothelial growth factor/fms-like tyrosine kinase system in human ovary during the menstrual cycle in early ... TITLE: Variations in vascular endothelial growth factor levels during ovarian superovulation and reduction of ovarian ... KEYWORDS: Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF); In Vitro Fertilization; Gonadotropin Stimulation; Follicle Size; ... The R-W Metric Has No Constant Curvature When Scalar Factor R(t) Changes with Time ...
Pesquisa | Portal Regional da BVS
BACKGROUND: Induction of superovulation with gonadotropins and intrauterine insemination are frequently used to treat ... Factor-Litvak, P; Slavkovich, V; Liu, X; Popovac, D; Preteni, E; Capuni-Paracka, S; Hadzialjevic, S; Lekic, V; LoIacono, N; ... Susser, E; Buka, S; Schaefer, C A; Andrews, H; Cirillo, P M; Factor-Litvak, P; Gillman, M; Goldstein, J M; Henry, P Ivey; Lumey ... Wasserman, G A; Liu, X; Lolacono, N J; Factor-Litvak, P; Kline, J K; Popovac, D; Morina, N; Musabegovic, A; Vrenezi, N; Capuni- ...
WikiGenes - Clomifene - 2-[4-(2-chloro-1,2-diphenyl...
... surge during superovulation induction with sequential use of clomiphene citrate and pulsatile human menopausal gonadotropin. ... Human endometrial adenocarcinoma cell lines HEC 1B and KLE secrete insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 and contain IGF ... Insulin reduction with metformin increases luteal phase serum glycodelin and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 ... Hypothalamic hamartoma: a source of luteinizing-hormone-releasing factor in precocious puberty. Judge, D.M., Kulin, H.E., Page ...
Natural Cycle IVF - Procedure, Treatment Plan and Benefits
These patients have a limited ovarian reserve and do not respond well to conventional superovulation with gonadotropin ... Factors Affecting the Success of IVF Treatment Cycle Thursday, March 7, 2019 ... It involves mild super ovulation to ensure the growth of 2-3 follicles. At Malpani Clinic the treatment plan for mini IVF is ... The procedure will fail if any, these factors are not monitored properly. ...
Regulation of Pituitary Gene Expression in Lines of Swine with Different Ovulation Rates | The Pig Site
We investigated the role of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor and gonadotropin subunit genes in determination ... While many factors can influence prolificacy, a primary component of litter size is ovulation rate, or the number of oocytes ( ... superovulation), and genetic selection. Despite its importance as a primary component of litter size, however, there is very ... In the pig, the sequences for the genes encoding the subunits comprising the gonadotropins, FSH and LH (alpha-, FSHbeta- and ...
Expressão de fatores angiogênicos em corpo lúteo cíclico e superovulado de búfal...
Growth factors. Superovulation. Resumo em inglês. Biotechniques can be an effective way of improving reproduction efficiency ... Several studies suggest that LH (luteinizing hormone) and hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) modulate expression of growth ... The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) are important regulators of CL and are ... factors. The aim of this work was to access gene and protein expression of VEGF and bFGF systems in cyclic CL of nontreated and ...
Stimulation of ovarian stem cells by follicle stimulating hormone and basic fibroblast growth factor during cortical tissue...
However, role of various intra- and extra-ovarian factors during PF growth initiation still remain poorly understood. Ovarian ... The present study was undertaken to decipher effect of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and basic fibroblast growth factor ( ... Burdette JE, Kurley SJ, Kilen SM, Mayo KE, Woodruff TK: Gonadotropin-induced superovulation drives ovarian surface epithelia ... Another important factor attributed to PF transition is basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF). It is expressed in the ooplasm ...
Journal: Reproduction, fertility, and development / Publication Year: 2019 / Source: 2019 v.31 no.1 - PubAg Search Results
... gonadotropin-releasing hormone; insulin; insulin-like growth factor I; metabolism; oocytes; oral administration; progesterone; ... We hypothesised that administration of PPG would have a positive effect on superovulation results via increased insulin and IGF ... 91 Can propylene glycol modulate insulin and insulin-like growth factor-1 in superovulated dairy heifers? ... The objective of the study was to reveal the factors associated with variable interval to ovulation following a single dose of ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Induction of ovulation | Read by QxMD
Administration of Gonadotropins for Superovulation in Mice.. Richard Behringer, Marina Gertsenstein, Kristina Vintersten Nagy, ... Prognostic factors in intrauterine insemination cycles.. Fernanda Sicchieri, Aline Bomfim Silva, Ana Carolina Japur de Sá Rosa ... Comparing the effect of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist and human chorionic gonadotropin on final oocytes for ovulation ... to induce superovulation). Pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (PMSG) is used to mimic the oocyte maturation effect of the ...
Manipulating the Mouse Embryo: A Laboratory Manual, Fourth Edition
Inducing Superovulation. Strain Background. Age and Weight. Dose of Gonadotropins. Time of Administration of the Gonadotropins ... Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (LIF). Trypsin/EDTA. Feeder Cells. Primary Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts. STO Fibroblasts. Mycoplasma ... 2 Preparation of Gonadotropins and Superovulation. 3 Intraperitoneal (i.p.) Injection. CHAPTER 4. Recovery and In Vitro Culture ... Factors Affecting the Efficiency of Gene Transfer. General Considerations about Large DNA Constructs. Isolation and ...
The role of pigment epithelium-derived factor in the pathophysiology and treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in mice...
MAIN OUTCOME Changes in pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) and VEGF were measured by quantitative PCR and Western blot ... RESULTS Granulosa cells produced and secreted the anti-angiogenic factor, PEDF, in an inverse fashion to VEGF. The ... into the extravascular space with consequent ascites and edema that are attributed to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF ... Repeated superovulation increases the risk of osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases by accelerating ovarian aging in mice. * ...
Ovulation Induction in In-Vitro Fertilization
1992): New concepts on the role of gonadotropins, FSH and LH and local factors in ovarian stimulation. In: Advancesen ... are usually observed after relatively prolonged treatment and are unusual in superovulation programmes where gonadotropins are ... Gonadotropins and gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist-gonadotropins protocols in a randomized prospective study. Fertil ... Human Menopausal Gonadotropin (hMG). - Gonadotropin releasing hormone analogue (GnRH-a). Page 2. - Physiology and Mechanism of ...
The main factor that increases your chances of having a multiple pregnancy is the use of infertility treatment, but there are ... For gonadotropin and intrauterine insemination cycles, careful medication dosage and monitoring of the womans ovarian response ... Use of drugs to cause superovulation has caused the vast majority of the increase in the multiples. Approximately 30% of ... Multiple pregnancy is more common in women who are treated with fertility medications to induce ovulation or superovulation. Of ...
Congenital Malformations among Babies Born Following Letrozole or Clomiphene for Infertility Treatment.
Guzick DSCS,, Coutifaris C,, Overstreet JW,, Factor-Litvak P,, Steinkampf MP,, et al. (Year: 1999) Efficacy of superovulation ... Pregnancy outcome with letrozole is comparable to gonadotropin but it is cheaper and devoid of complications of gonadotropin [4 ... Gonadotropins have been used in cases of clomiphene failure but these are very expensive and can lead to hyperstimulation, thus ... After adjusting for confounding factors the odds ratio for CC use and any birth defect was 3.19 (1.32-7.69) . ...
Glossary - Newport Beach, CA: OC Fertility®
Superovulation. Administration of fertility medications (such as clomid or gonadotropins) in order to achieve the development ... This assists fertilization in situations, such as male factor, use of frozen eggs, older eggs, and CCS/PGS or PGD. ... Human Menopausal Gonadotropin. A fertility injection used to induce ovulation, often of more than one egg, called controlled ... Most scoring systems determine a male factor when , 40% of sperm are motile, though other parameters on the sperm analysis also ...
Pesquisa | Portal Regional da BVS
While factors inherent to the donor animal are critical, an increased knowledge of ovarian physiology, gonadotropin ... Recent protocols have also been made more user-friendly and allowed for the grouping of donors for successful superovulation. ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG) at the end of progesterone (P4) ... The presence of the corona radiata seems to partially protect those factors that are necessary for the construction of the ...
Ovulation Induction | UF Health, University of Florida Health
For the latter, the term "superovulation" is often used since the main aim here is to stimulate more than one mature follicle. ... At times in patients who are resistant to clomiphene citrate, instead of switching to injectible gonadotropins, life style ... women with chronic anovulation or it can be used to enhance pregnancy rates in ovulatory women with various infertility factors ... Superovulation is often combined with intrauterine insemination in unexplained infertility or in infertility associated with ...
Infertility treatments « Endometriosis.org
Factors affecting pregnancy rates in a donor insemination program using frozen semen. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1986;155:480-485. ... Tummon IS, Asher LJ, Martin JS and Tulandi T. Randomized controlled trial of superovulation and insemination for infertility ... A randomized and longitudinal-study of human menopausal gonadotropin with intrauterine insemination in the treatment of ... Templeton A, Morris JK and Parslow W. Factors that affect outcome of in-vitro fertilisation treatment. Lancet 1996;348:1402- ...
The impact of thyroid-stimulating hormone levels in euthyroid women on intrauterine insemination outcome | BMC Women's Health |...
... or human menopausal gonadotropins (Menogon, Ferring, Switzerland). The initial prescribed dose of gonadotropin (37.5-75 IU per ... Guzick DS, Carson SA, Coutifaris C, Overstreet JW, Factor-Litvak P, Steinkampf MP, Hill JA, Mastroianni L, Buster JE, Nakajima ... Efficacy of superovulation and intrauterine insemination in the treatment of infertility. National Cooperative Reproductive ... There were no significant difference between the groups in respect to the median total gonadotropin dose used (562.5 IU in the ...
SciCrunch | RRID Resolver
The effect of butyrate was most likely mediated by the alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2. Overexpression of ... In addition, under a superovulation protocol no oocytes were found in the oviducts of these animals. Accordingly, the GCs of ... Esr2ΔE3- and Esr2ΔE4-mutant females exhibited attenuated preovulatory gonadotropin surges and did not ovulate in response to a ... Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and its type 1 receptor (CRFR1) play an important role in the responses to stressful ...
marin fertility center
gonadotropins. The gonadotropins, FSH and LH, are hormones released from the pitutiatry gland that signal the ovary to produce ... superovulation (SO). When ovulating more than one egg may heighten the probability of pregnancy superovulation (SO) is often ... male factor. Male factor encompasses all causes of infertility attributable to abnormalities in sperm production or function. A ... uterine factor. Uterine factor refers to any infertility problem that involves pathology of the uterus. Common conditions ...
Find Research outputs - Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, India
Gonadotropins 100% * Oxidative stress 91% * Octamer Transcription Factors 85% * Superovulation 81% * Transcription Factor 4 79% ... Distribution pattern of cytoplasmic organelles, spindle integrity, oxidative stress, octamer-binding transcription factor 4 ( ... Oct4) expression and developmental potential of oocytes following multiple superovulation. Kalthur, G., Salian, S. R., Nair, R. ...
MenopausalFollicle-stimulaChorionic gonadotropinGnRHReleasing hormoneOvariesFertilityStimulationInjectionsOocytesStimulateEffect of superovulationHormonesInduce ovulationFolliclesExogenous gonadotropinReproductivePregnancyHumanPMSGClomiphene CitrateMaturationOvulation inductionEmbryosSerumIntrauterine inseminationHormonalEggsDoseFertilizationVEGFRepronexPatientsTreatment of infertilityPregnanciesMiceMale factor infertilityEndogenousAngiogenesisWoman'sMedicationsOocyteDonorSemenReproductionGenesEstrousCows
- During their initial effort human menopausal gonadotropins (hMG) were utilized for ovarian stimulation to produce multiple follicles for ovum retrieval. (contemporaryobgyn.net)
- Treatment with clomiphene, human menopausal gonadotropin, or follicle-stimulating hormone injections to cause more than one egg to develop and release during ovulation. (ocfertility.com)
- Although specialists often prescribe them alone, they sometimes combine them with human menopausal gonadotropin, known as hMG, to achieve the release of multiple eggs. (nyreproductivewellness.com)
- Gonadotropins are elevated (often in the menopausal range) secondary to ovarian follicle depletion. (europeanmedical.info)
- If ovulation and an adequate luteal phase are not achieved, letrozole tablets or low dose human menopausal gonadotropin (HMG) injections may be utilized. (olympiafertility.com)
- These processes are dependent on the pituitary gonadotropins: luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). (glowm.com)
- Ovulation rate is influenced by circulating levels of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH), also known as the gonadotropins. (thepigsite.com)
- The present study was undertaken to decipher effect of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) on the growth initiation of PF during organ culture with a focus on ovarian stem cells. (biomedcentral.com)
- Role of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), an extra-ovarian factor, during PF transition remains controversial. (biomedcentral.com)
- Once the growing follicle reaches the preantral stage, however, appropriate levels of gonadotropins, particularly follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) are required for development to the preovulatory stage. (contemporaryobgyn.net)
- Effects of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), and insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF-II) on steroid production by bovine granulosa cells were determined. (ubc.ca)
- The development of the follicle is under the control of gonadotropins (follicle stimulating hormone - FSH and luteinizing hormone - LH) released by the pituitary gland. (goatworld.com)
- This hormone stimulates the secretion of two gonadotropin hormones from the pituitary gland: the Luteinising Hormone (LH) and the Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) . (ferring.com)
- At home, you or your partner injects you with gonadotropin or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) to make your ovaries produce multiple eggs ( superovulation ). (healthwise.net)
- Repeated superovulation with porcine follicle stimulating hormone (pFSH) in goats has been reported to reduce the number of ovulations and embryos recovered, as well as the number of transferable embryos (Nuti et al . (scielo.org.za)
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRHa) are used as an alternative to human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to trigger ovulation and decrease the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. (escholarship.org)
- We assigned female mice to three groups: natural mating or mating following injection with equine chorionic gonadotropin and trigger with GnRHa or hCG trigger. (escholarship.org)
- Several studies suggest that LH (luteinizing hormone) and hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) modulate expression of growth factors. (usp.br)
- Standard human chorionic gonadotropin versus double trigger for final oocyte maturation results in different granulosa cells gene expressions: a pilot study. (semanticscholar.org)
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG) at the end of progesterone (P4) treatment on follicular and luteal characteristics during transition period (TP) and reproductive breeding season (RP). (bvsalud.org)
- There were no significant differences between two groups with regard to the amount of gonadotropins required, days of gonadotropins administration, serum estradiol concentration on the day of human chorionic gonadotropin(hCG) administration, the number of mature (>or=14mm) follicles, or endometrial thickness. (bvsalud.org)
- The different concentrations of Ficus deltoidea's fruit extracts were given to a different group of mice in a week time and the procedure proceeds with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) injection. (uitm.edu.my)
- Gonadotropins (Profasi, Pregnyl, Ovidrel) - This is an injectable medication containing hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). (lifestartfertility.com)
- The following factors were found to influence the superovulatory response in immature mice and rats: (1) the dose of pregnant mares' serum ( pms ), (2) the dose of human chorionic gonadotropin ( hcg ), (3) the time interval between pms and hcg injections, and (4) the time interval between hcg and recovery of maximum number of ova. (bioscientifica.com)
- Superovulation in B6D2F1 mice (age 8-10 wk) was induced by injection of 5 international units of equine chorionic gonadotropin and 5 international units of human chorionic gonadotropin 48 h later. (pnas.org)
- For ICSI into mouse metaphase II oocytes (17-19 h after human chorionic gonadotropin injection), frozen mouse, sheep, and bovine sperm were prepared by thawing briefly in a 37°C water bath, centrifuging for 2 min at 400 × g , and washing the pellet in 500 μl of PBS. (pnas.org)
- At the end of the superovulation treatment process, a low dose HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) may be prescribed to stimulate ovulation. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- If follicles fully develop, you are given a human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) injection to stimulate the follicles to mature. (healthwise.net)
- The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG) on ovarian follicles at three stages of development (emergence, dominance and early static phases) during the first follicular wave (FFW) in Holstein heifers. (ac.ir)
- The effect of administering equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG) and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) post artificial insemination on fertility of lactating dairy cows. (ac.ir)
- Increased levels of testosterone feed back negatively at both the pituitary and the hypothalamic levels, decreasing secretion of LH and gonadotropin-Releasing hormone (GnRH), respectively. (glowm.com)
- We investigated the role of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor and gonadotropin subunit genes in determination of ovulation rate between lines of swine. (thepigsite.com)
- Pituitary levels of GnRH receptor and gonadotropin subunit gene expression were measured by quantitative PCR. (thepigsite.com)
- Specifically, gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), released from the hypothalamus, binds to its receptor on gonadotrope cells of the anterior pituitary gland. (thepigsite.com)
- Steroids, produced by the ovaries, such as estrogen and progesterone provide feedback at the level of both the hypothalamus and anterior pituitary gland to regulate subsequent production of GnRH and gonadotropins, respectively. (thepigsite.com)
- Sensitivity, or number of GnRH receptors, present on gonadotrope cells of the anterior pituitary gland, may stimulate higher levels of gonadotropin production in lines of swine with increased ovulation rates. (thepigsite.com)
- Elevated prolactin levels interfere with gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) pulsatility and, as a result, impair ovulation. (europeanmedical.info)
- The Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH) is secreted by the hypothalamus. (ferring.com)
- The hypothalamus produces gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), which stimulates the pituitary gland to produce and release two gonadotropic hormones: follicular-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). (womenshealthsection.com)
- This is typically done using one of two similar types of gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue (GnRH agonist or GnRH antagonist). (healthwise.net)
- Superovulation induction in women attenuates the pituitary response to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). (uth.gr)
- 263 Detection of gonadotropin-releasing hormone in the rat ovary : studies using the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. (go.jp)
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) analog are medicines often used for women who don't ovulate regularly each month. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- Publications] Shigeto Takeuchi: 'Possible Direct Effect of Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone on Human Endometrium and Decidua. (nii.ac.jp)
- The secreted gonadotropins then act on the ovaries to recruit follicles (FSH) or induce ovulation (LH). (thepigsite.com)
- oocytes retrieved, and polycystic ovaries/syndrome (PCO(S)) after superovulation for IVF. (edu.au)
- The typical starting protocol for most fertility patients involving taking gonadotropin injections for 10-12 days to stimulate the ovaries in addition to an ovulation blocker followed by oocyte retrieval. (createivf.com)
- Several factors have been suggested to attribute to the reduction in superovulation response e.g. the refractoriness of the ovaries if superovulation is repeated within an interval of 2 to 6 months and the formation of gonadotrophin antibodies following successive superovulation (Nuti et al . (scielo.org.za)
- Improved embryo yield and condition of donor ovaries in cows after PMSG superovulation with monoclonal anti-PMSG administered shortly after the preovulatory LH peak. (ac.ir)
- As in a typical IVF cycle, oocyte cryopreservation often involves stimulating the ovaries with gonadotropins and surgically retrieving mature oocytes. (jlgh.org)
- A high eCG dose is characterized by superovulation, low fertility, shortened estrous cycles, pregnancy loss, and problems with multiple lambs or kids. (merckvetmanual.com)
- Infertility seems to have increased in the past decade, yet this may be related to the following factors: voluntary delay in childbearing with an age-correlated decline in fertility status, use of contraceptive techniques, increased number of sexual partners with an increased risk of acquiring sexually transmitted diseases, and an increasing willingness to obtain medical assistance for infertility. (glowm.com)
- Multiple pregnancy is more common in women who are treated with fertility medications to induce ovulation or superovulation. (reproductivefacts.org)
- A fertility injection used to induce ovulation, often of more than one egg, called controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) or superovulation. (ocfertility.com)
- The medications most commonly used in fertility treatment are clomiphene citrate, gonadotropins, Metformin and Parlodel. (lifestartfertility.com)
- regulating fertility hormones - stress and other factors can disrupt the function of the hypothalamic pituitary-ovarian axis (HPOA). (acupuncture.org.uk)
- For women with antisperm antibodies in their cervical mucus or "poor" mucus and for men with mild male factor infertility, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a common first line fertility treatment where washed and concentrated sperm are placed directly into the uterus to maximize the chances of fertilization. (pacificfertility.ca)
- Publications] Hiroyuki Minoura: 'Successful Pregnancy Following DIPI Combined with Superovulation Induced by GnRHa/hMG/hCG from a Man with Sever Oiligospermia who had Failed to Conceive Aftel More Invasive Method of Assisted Reproduction' Journal of Fertility and Implantation. (nii.ac.jp)
- oviduct or ovary, where the quality of the mare's oocyte is acceptable, but some other factor in those parts of the reproductive system is limiting fertility and the mare's ability to either donate an embryo, or to carry a foal to term herself. (vetstream.com)
- Recent work by us(5)and others(7)has suggested that certain factors are associated with high order MP, triplets ormore, after gonadotrophin stimulation and if conservative limits for follicular development and oestradiol levelsare applied the number of high order MP secondary to OI will be significantly reduced. (perinataldergi.com)
- The most prominent factor affecting the success of superovulation is an animal-related attribute: the ovarian follicular population responsive to exogenous gonadotropin stimulation. (helsinki.fi)
- A cohort of primordial follicles are continuously initiating follicular growth independent of gonadotropin stimulation. (contemporaryobgyn.net)
- Controlled ovarian stimulation (COH) although using the principles of superovulation, is a special stimulation regimen geared for assisted reproduction. (ufhealth.org)
- but did not change within subjects following ovarian stimulation with gonadotropins. (edu.au)
- Oocytes collected from dominant follicles have already reached developmental competence following gonadotropin stimulation and only need to be cultured in vitro until the predicted time of ovulation. (vetstream.com)
- These patients have a limited ovarian reserve and do not respond well to conventional superovulation with gonadotropin injections. (drmalpani.com)
- Superovulation with hormones requires regular blood tests, daily injections (some of which are quite painful), frequent monitoring by your doctor, and harvesting of eggs. (healthwise.net)
- While many factors can influence prolificacy, a primary component of litter size is ovulation rate, or the number of oocytes (eggs) available to be fertilized after insemination. (thepigsite.com)
- This study was subsequently conducted to examine whether superovulation treatment can preserve ultrastructural integrity and developmental competence of oocytes following oocyte activation and embryo culture. (inforang.com)
- In conclusion, superovulation treatment may change both maturational status and functional and ultrastuctural integrity of oocytes. (inforang.com)
- The Extracellular Calcium-Sensing Receptor (CASR) Regulates Gonadotropins-Induced Meiotic Maturation of Porcine Oocytes. (nih.gov)
- For the latter, the term "superovulation" is often used since the main aim here is to stimulate more than one mature follicle. (ufhealth.org)
- Most injectable gonadotropins stimulate the development of more than one egg during an induction cycle. (nyreproductivewellness.com)
- This treatment uses gonadotropins or sometimes a combination of clomiphene and gonadotropins to stimulate the production of multiple eggs. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
Effect of superovulation1
- In this study, we explore the effect of superovulation on endometrial angiogenesis during critical periods of gestation in a mouse model. (escholarship.org)
- The bovine granulosa cell culture system developed in the present study can be used for the further studying the effects of hormones, growth factors and their interactions on bovine granulosa cells. (ubc.ca)
- This study was designed to investigate whether the different in concentration of Ficus deltoidea's fruit extraction can replaces the function of Pragnant Mare's Serum Gonadotropin to mimic the endogenous effects of follicle stimulating hormones (FSH) in order superovulation process can occur. (uitm.edu.my)
- If clomiphene citrate is not successful, drugs called gonadotropins may be tried to induce ovulation. (sandhillswomancare.com)
- Gonadotropin surge-attenuating factor (GnSAF) is a nonsteroidal ovarian hormone produced by the granulosa cells of small antral ovarian follicles in females. (wikipedia.org)
- Insulin-like growth factor-I increased P₄ production from all categories of follicles. (ubc.ca)
- Insulin-like growth factor-II inhibited P₄ production by granulosa cells from medium and large follicles (p (ubc.ca)
- superovulation does not help, as aspiration of subsequent follicles can be difficult. (vetstream.com)
- Cyclic zithromax is used to valor clomid 50mg treat normaal natural women of factors caused by studies, sebaceous as ordinary problems, clomid tablets, anything follicles, and here transmitted cells. (mychocolatemaker.com)
- In another experiment, rats were administered exogenous gonadotropin to superovulate and the rats were sacrificed 8 hour post hCG (n=6), 18 hours post hCG (n=6) and control rats (n=6) were euthanised at the oestrus phase of the cycle. (upm.edu.my)
- Superovulation of female mice with exogenous gonadotrophins is routinely used for increasing the number of eggs ovulated by each female in reproductive and developmental studies. (uitm.edu.my)
- Ovulation induction may also be used for controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) for treatment of other causes of infertility such as mild/moderate en-dometriosis, unexplained infertility, and for assisted reproductive techniques such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). (europeanmedical.info)
- Factors analysis and genetic parameter estimation of female reproductive traits in pigs]. (nih.gov)
- The pregnancy-induced increase in calcitriol concentration may thus be the primary mediator of the changes in maternal calcium metabolism, but the involvement of other factors cannot be excluded. (biomedsearch.com)
- To investigate risk factors and pregnancy outcome of spontaneous vs in-vitro fertilization (IVF) twins complicated with preeclampsia. (readbyqxmd.com)
- The main factor that increases your chances of having a multiple pregnancy is the use of infertility treatment, but there are other factors. (reproductivefacts.org)
- It can be used for restoration of ovulation in women with chronic anovulation or it can be used to enhance pregnancy rates in ovulatory women with various infertility factors. (ufhealth.org)
- These gonadotropins may be used in women who don't produce their own FSH, in women who have failed clomiphene citrate, or to increase the chance of pregnancy in ovulatory women. (lifestartfertility.com)
- The risk of multiple pregnancy with gonadotropins is about 20 - 30 percent. (lifestartfertility.com)
- Superovulation, or Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation (COH), combined with IUI has been demonstrated to be an effective method of treatment for couples where less invasive therapies have not been successful in achieving a pregnancy. (pacificfertility.ca)
- Following ovulation the luteinized follicle (corpus luteum) secrets progesterone which prepares the uterus for a possible pregnancy and suppresses the secretion of gonadotropins to suspend further follicular development. (goatworld.com)
- Proteolysis of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP 1) in pregnancy.J Perinat Med. (mdx.ac.uk)
- When anovulation is the only infertility factor, the prognosis for pregnancy is very good because modern ovulation induction strategies are highly effective. (womenshealthsection.com)
- Embryonic mortality during the pre- and post-implantation periods of pregnancy in mature mice after superovulation. (semanticscholar.org)
- Several biochemical indicators of endometrial decidualization have been identified, including prolactin, pregnancy associated plasma protein A,placental protein 12, placental protein 14 and epidermal growth factor. (nii.ac.jp)
- The risk of multiple pregnancy is higher when gonadotropins are used. (sandhillswomancare.com)
- Ovulation induction (or superovulation) with IUI helps patients to achieve pregnancy rates closer to the natural per cycle chance of pregnancy for women in their age group who do not have infertility (see fig 1). (ivfinfertilityclinics.com)
- Insulin-like growth factor-II and heparin are anti-apoptotic survival factors in human villous cytotrophoblast. (mdx.ac.uk)
- The aim of the present study was to search for transeriptional factor, such as POU homeotic genes, which may regulate the onset of decidualazation of human endometrial stromal cells. (nii.ac.jp)
- Changes in pulsatile secretion patterns of LH, FSH, progesterone, androstenedione and oestradiol in cows after superovulation with PMSG. (ac.ir)
- For anovulatory patients depending on the condition either clomiphene citrate (Clomid) or injectible gonadotropin preparations can be utilized. (ufhealth.org)
- 0.0563) maturation rate than superovulation. (inforang.com)
- Oocyte maturation (IVM) provides prevailed in clinical configurations since 19912 and will be offering some advantages weighed against traditional controlled ovarian hyperstimulation in ART cycles, including reduced probability of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, much improved outcome for patients with ovarian dysfunction, and an alternative solution way for patients who are sensitive to Mirabegron IC50 gonadotropins or suffered from other diseases that produce superovulation impossible. (exposed-skin-care.net)
- There are different levels of ovulation induction commonly used to treat infertility related to ovulation disorders, male factor or unknown causes. (lifestartfertility.com)
- If other infertility factors are present, these may require additional treatments that are not addressed with ovulation induction, alone. (europeanmedical.info)
- Superovulation is a more aggressive level of ovulation induction. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- Preliminary hysterosalpingogram (HSG) and transvaginal ultrasonography are recommended when the medical history or physical examination raises suspicion of coexisting uterine or tubal infertility factors, for women over age 35, and when ovulation induction requires treatment with exogenous gonadotropins. (womenshealthsection.com)
- The potential of MOET to accelerate genetic progress in goats can be accomplished through repeated superovulation and the recovery of embryos from superior donors. (scielo.org.za)
- Successive superovulation and the collection of embryos in less seasonal breeds such as the Boer goat may lead to faster progress, above that achieved in a natural breeding management system. (scielo.org.za)
- Superovulatory doses of pregnant mare serum gonadotropin cause delayed implantation and infertility in immature rats. (semanticscholar.org)
- Prognostic factors in intrauterine insemination cycles. (readbyqxmd.com)
- Superovulation is often combined with intrauterine insemination in unexplained infertility or in infertility associated with endometriosis or male factor. (ufhealth.org)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is commonly performed in couples whose infertility investigations have failed to detect a specific cause of infertility (unexplained infertility) or have shown mild male factor infertility. (pacificfertility.ca)
- In addition, this trait can be improved in a number of different ways, including nutrition (flushing), hormonal treatment (superovulation), and genetic selection. (thepigsite.com)
- Hormonal regulation of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) in granulosa cells. (semanticscholar.org)
- The gonadotropins, via a hormonal feedback loop, also control the release of estrogens by the ovary, which control the estrous behavior displayed by the doe (flagging, mounting etc. (goatworld.com)
- Modification of behavioural oestrus in the ewe by social and hormonal factors. (semanticscholar.org)
- Approximately 30% of pregnancies resulting from gonadotropins are multiples due to the release of more eggs. (reproductivefacts.org)
- The result is superovulation, or releasing multiple eggs during a woman's cycle. (nyreproductivewellness.com)
- The goal of superovulation is to increase both the number of eggs released (3-4 per cycle) to help offset the normal age-related decline in egg quality, that all patients experience to a certain degree. (pacificfertility.ca)
- Superovulation of immature hypothyroid rdw rats by thyroxine therapy and the development of eggs after in vitro fertilization. (semanticscholar.org)
- Gonadotropins also are used when many eggs are needed for ART or other infertility treatments. (sandhillswomancare.com)
- The objective of the study was to reveal the factors associated with variable interval to ovulation following a single dose of prostaglandin F2α (PGF2) in Beetal goats. (usda.gov)
- The key difference between these studies is that the dose of gonadotropins was higher in the AMIGOS study (150 units) than the Huang study (75 units). (ivfinfertilityclinics.com)
- ABSTRACT: Variations in Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) levels were prospectively evaluated in 18 young women undergoing in vitro fertilization treatments according to the "Long Protocol" and a typical pattern of VEGF levels was recorded. (scirp.org)
- However, many problems on ovulation, fertilization, embryo recovery and viability rates were encountered when superovulation treatment was carried out. (upm.edu.my)
- GnRHa is less potent at inducing ovarian vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), but may also affect endometrial angiogenesis and early placental development. (escholarship.org)
- The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) are important regulators of CL and are also affected by superovulatory treatment. (usp.br)
- OHSS is induced by an ovarian release of vasoactive, angiogenic substances that results in vascular hyperpermeability, leakage, and shift of fluids from blood vessels into the extravascular space with consequent ascites and edema that are attributed to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). (semanticscholar.org)
- Gonadotropins (Repronex, Follistim, Bravelle, Pergonal and GonalF) - These are injectable medications containing FSH or FSH & LH. (lifestartfertility.com)
- Patients undergoing superovulation must be closely monitored by blood tests and ultrasounds. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- This indicated the importance of measurements of gonadotropin and estrogen prior to therapy with exclusion of patients in whom hMG-hCG therapy is expected not to be effective. (nagoya-u.ac.jp)
Treatment of infertility1
- These factors have placed greater emphasis on the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. (womenshealthsection.com)
- Up to 30% of pregnancies achieved with the use of gonadotropins are multiple. (sandhillswomancare.com)
- The role of pigment epithelium-derived factor in the pathophysiology and treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in mice. (semanticscholar.org)
- The length of gestation and the duration of parturition were similar in mice that had mated during natural oestrus and in those with large numbers of full-term foetuses following superovulation. (bioscientifica.com)
- In mice, hepatic development begins at the six- to eight-somite stage of embryogenesis (E8.0) in response to inductive signals from the heart and septum transversum, including fibroblast growth factors and bone morphogenetic proteins, as well as the presence of endothelial cells ( 9 , 15 , 17 , 24 , 40 , 45 ). (asm.org)
Male factor infertility4
- Male factor infertility is involved in approximately 50% of infertile couples, and in 30% of the cases, an abnormality is discovered solely in the man. (glowm.com)
- Severe male factor infertility may require IVF or donor sperm. (olympiafertility.com)
- is often utilized for severe male factor infertility. (olympiafertility.com)
- Some male factor infertility can be treated, but the majority of cases we are forced to work with the "numbers" produced. (fertilityjacksonville.com)
- Induction of superovulation by immunoneutralization of endogenous inhibin in immature rats. (semanticscholar.org)
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor as an impending therapeutic agent against vascular epithelial growth factor-driven tumor-angiogenesis. (semanticscholar.org)
- Depending on the cause of infertility, the success rate per superovulation treatment cycle is approximately 10-20% based on the woman's age. (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- Superovulation might benefit if the patient has not responded to simpler ovulation inducing medications (such as clomiphene tablets). (indoreinfertilityclinic.com)
- This is why one of the most useful ways of making a diagnosis of poor ovarian reserve is when the patient gives a history of responding poorly to medications used for superovulation in the past. (drmalpani.com)
- As a matter of fact, occasional fluctuation of ART outcome may be experienced even after employing the optimized superovulation protocol in field trials, and various environmental factors including seasonal variation and miscellaneous changes in oocyte quality may be responsible for such perturbation. (inforang.com)
- The superovulatory outcome is additionally affected by several factors that can conflict with management decisions, including nutritional management of the donor, gonadotropin treatment protocol and semen and technical performance of donor inseminations. (helsinki.fi)
- Can repeated superovulation and embryo recovery in Boer goats limit donor participation in a MOET programme? (scielo.org.za)
- Knowledge of these processes facilitates an understanding of the techniques that can be used to control reproduction (superovulation, estrus synchronization etc.) in the doe. (goatworld.com)
- Mechanism dissection found loss of AR led to a significant decrease in the expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) co-activator 1-β (PGC1-β) and its sequential downstream genes, nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF1) and mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), in controlling mitochondrial biogenesis. (mdpi.com)
- The efficacy of two commercial FSH products was compared in a retrospective study on superovulations of heifers and cows on Finnish dairy farms and an embryo collection station. (helsinki.fi)