Substances that are energetically unstable and can produce a sudden expansion of the material, called an explosion, which is accompanied by heat, pressure and noise. Other things which have been described as explosive that are not included here are explosive action of laser heating, human performance, sudden epidemiological outbreaks, or fast cell growth.
World War II
Injury Severity Score
Radioactive Hazard Release
Trauma Severity Indices
The observation, either continuously or at intervals, of the levels of radiation in a given area, generally for the purpose of assuring that they have not exceeded prescribed amounts or, in case of radiation already present in the area, assuring that the levels have returned to those meeting acceptable safety standards.
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Encyclopedias as Topic
The unstable triatomic form of oxygen, O3. It is a powerful oxidant that is produced for various chemical and industrial uses. Its production is also catalyzed in the ATMOSPHERE by ULTRAVIOLET RAY irradiation of oxygen or other ozone precursors such as VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS and NITROGEN OXIDES. About 90% of the ozone in the atmosphere exists in the stratosphere (STRATOSPHERIC OZONE).
Development of serial bio-shock tubes and their application. (1/159)OBJECTIVE: To design and produce serial shock tubes and further examine their application to experimental studies on blast injury. METHODS: Bio-medical engineering technique was used for the design and development of the serial shock tubes. One thousand four hundred and fifty nine animals (757 rats, 105 guinea pigs, 335 rabbits, 240 dogs and 22 sheep) were then used to test the wounding effects of the shock tubes. RESULTS: Three types of bio-shock tubes, that is, large-, medium- and small-scale shock tubes were made in our laboratory. The large-scale shock tube is 39 meters long; the inner diameter of the test section is 1 meter; and the maximum overpressure in the driving section is 10.3 MPa. A negative pressure could be formed by means of the reflected rarefactive wave produced by the end plate. The medium-scale shock tube is 34.5 meters long; the maximum overpressure in the driving section is 22 MPa; the test section is designed to be a knockdown, showing 5 basic types with inner diameter of 77 to 600 millimeters, which could be used for researches on overpressure, explosive decompression, underwater explosion, and so on. The small-scale shock tube is 0.5 meter long with the maximum endured overpressure of 68.6 MPa. Results from animal experiments showed that this set of shock tubes could induce various degrees of systemic or local blast injury in large or small animals. CONCLUSIONS: This set of bio-shock tubes can approximately simulate typical explosive wave produced by nuclear or charge explosion, and inflict various degrees of blast injury characterized by stability and reproducibility. Therefore, they can meet the needs of blast research on large and small animals. (+info)
An unusual case of carbon monoxide poisoning. (2/159)Carbon monoxide, a gas originating from incomplete combustion of carbon-based fuels, is an important cause of human deaths. In this paper, we describe an unusual carbon monoxide poisoning in a dwelling without obvious sources of combustion gases, for which two adults had to be treated in a hyperbaric chamber. Carbon monoxide readings were taken in the house and in the neighboring homes. Methane gas and nitrogen oxide levels were also monitored in the house air. Soil samples were collected around the house and tested for hydrocarbon residues. The investigation revealed the presence of a pocket of carbon monoxide under the foundation of the house. The first readings revealed carbon monoxide levels of 500 ppm in the basement. The contamination lasted for a week. The investigation indicated that the probable source of contamination was the use of explosives at a nearby rain sewer construction site. The use of explosives in a residential area can constitute a major source of carbon monoxide for the neighboring populations. This must be investigated, and public health authorities, primary-care physicians, governmental authorities, and users and manufacturers of explosives must be made aware of this problem. (+info)
Measuring the noise attenuation of shotblasting helmets. (3/159)Air-fed blasting helmets are used in abrasive blasting operations to provide essential face, eye and respiratory protection. BS EN 271: 1995 (equivalent to the European Standard EN 271: 1997), the standard that deals with the construction of blasting helmets, addresses the above matters and also the problem of noise generated by the breathing air supply. However it has no requirements for manufacturers to measure or report the helmet's ability to attenuate the very high levels of noise generated by the blasting process. The aim of the project was to develop a test method to measure the noise attenuation of shotblasting helmets. The method developed is an objective measurement, using a head and torso simulator (HATS), which provides a suitable means for helmet manufacturers to report their product's ability to attenuate blasting noise. The results from this project showed that the HATS currently prescribed by BS EN 271: 1995 can be used for measuring the noise attenuation of helmets against typical shotblasting noise. Using such a HATS in the proposed test method will give attenuation values that correlate well with those measured using human subjects. Therefore the HATS already used by manufacturers to show compliance of their product with BS EN 271: 1995 could also be used to provide information on the helmet's noise attenuation. Results from this project also showed that the same HATS can be used, in place of human subjects, to measure the air supply noise according to the method defined in BS EN 271: 1995. BS EN 271: 1995 is due for revision in 2000. The results from this work should be used to influence future revisions of the standard so that requirements to measure and report noise attenuation of shotblasting helmets are considered, a major omission in the present standard. (+info)
Injuries from fireworks in the United States. (4/159)Fireworks traditionally are used in the United States to celebrate Independence Day on July 4th. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that 8500 persons in the United States are treated in emergency departments each year for fireworks-related injuries (1). Of all fireworks-related injuries, 70%-75% occur during a 30-day period that surrounds the July 4th holiday (June 23-July 23) (2). Seven of every 100 persons injured by fireworks are hospitalized, approximately 40% of those injured are children aged < or = 14 years, and males are injured three times more often than females (1). The injury rate is highest among boys aged 10-14 years (3). Most commonly, injuries from fireworks affect the hands (34%), face (12%), and eyes (17%) (4). Injuries are more frequent and more severe among persons who are active participants than among bystanders (3). (+info)
Effect of epidermal growth factor and dexamethasone on explosive deafness. (5/159)OBJECTIVE: To study the expression of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) on cochlear hair cells of normal and explosion-stricken guinea pigs and the effects of epidermal growth factor (EGF) and dexamethasone (DXM) treatment for blast hearing loss. METHODS: Immunohistochemical technique and auditory brainstem response (ABR) test were used. RESULTS: Scattered expression of EGFR was seen in inner hair cells (IHCs) and outer hair cells (OHCs) in normal guinea pigs. Segmentally distributing positive reaction was also located in stereocilia of hair cells. Distribution of EGFR reaction was seen in the cytoplasm of IHC 24 hours after exposure to blasts, and in the stereocilia of IHC and the cuticular plate of OHC 72 hours postexposure. At one week EGFR reaction in hair cells increased obviously and part of OHC stereocilia also showed positive reaction. EGFR reaction reduced at two weeks, though positive reaction could still be found in the stereocilia of hair cells at one month. Combination of EGF and DXM administrations promoted hearing recovery significantly. CONCLUSIONS: The healing of injured hair cells may be related to EGF. (+info)
The Tower of London bomb explosion. (6/159)After the detonation of a bomb in the Tower of London 37 people were brought to St. Bartholomew's Hospital. The explosion caused numerous severe injuries of a type rarely seen in peacetime. (+info)
Report on injuries sustained by patients treated at the Birmingham General Hospital following the recent bomb explosions. (7/159)As a result of recent bomb explosions a total of 82 patients were treated at the Birmingham General Hospital, 61 with minor injuries. Bomb injuries may be divided into three main groups due to the blast effect (such as blast lung and ruptured tympanic membranes), the flash (such as burns to the exposed part of the body), and shrapnel (which may cause a wide variety of injuries). The amount of warning of such explosions is usually minimal, and so the prepared accident schemes of most hospitals are inappropriate. If the disaster occurs outside normal working hours much responsibility initially falls on the resident staff. This report gives some idea of the type of injuries they are likely to see. (+info)
The World Trade Center attack. Lessons for all aspects of health care. (8/159)The attack on the World Trade Center had the potential to overwhelm New York's health services. Sadly, however, the predicted thousands of treatable patients failed to materialize. Horror and sadness has now been replaced by anger, fear, and the determination to be better prepared next time. This determination not only exists in politics but also in health care, and as with all attempts to enforce change there needs to be a period of collecting opinions and data. This article introduces nine reviews in Critical Care offering varied health care perspectives of the events of 11 September 2001 from people who were there and from experts in disaster management. (+info)
Study of Explosion Characteristics of the Wheat Flour Dust Clouds in Dependence of the Particle Size Distribution in: Research...
Fire protection is an important part of the industry where flammable and explosive dusts are found. Production, storage and transport of food powders such as flour can be very dangerous in terms of explosiveness. The article deals with the measurement of explosion characteristics of wheat flour dust. The measurements were carried out according to EN 14034-1+A1:2011 Determination of explosion characteristics of dust clouds. Part 1: Determination of the maximum explosion pressure pmax of dust clouds and the maximum rate of explosion pressure rise according to EN 14034-2+A1:2012 Determination of explosion characteristics of dust clouds - Part 2: Determination of the maximum rate of explosion pressure rise (dp/dt)max of dust clouds. A sample of wheat flour with a median particle size 84 μm exhibits the maximum explosion pressure 7.00 bar at the concentration of 600 g.m−3 and then explosion constant is 16.9 bar.s−1.m. A sample of wheat flour with a median particle size 50 μm exhibits the ...
Biomass explosion testing: Accounting for the post-test residue and implications on the results - White Rose Research Online
This work uses the ISO 1 m3 dust explosion equipment to study the explosion properties and combustion characteristics of pulverized biomass dust clouds. An unreported feature of this apparatus is that in rich concentrations only about half the dust injected is burned in the explosion, while the overpressures remain high. This work was undertaken to try to understand the mechanisms of these phenomena, through the accounting of the debris at the end of the explosion, some of which was found in the form of impacted cake against the vessel wall. One possible explanation is that the residue material was biomass dust blown ahead of the flame by the explosion induced wind, impacted on the walls where then the flame side underwent flame impingement pyrolysis and the metal (wall) side material was compacted but largely chemically unchanged. The results also show that the heat transfer insulation provided by the powder wall layer contributes to the higher observed pressures. The risk of explosion with ...
Detroit chemical plant experiences explosions, fire; residents evacuated - Wikinews, the free news source
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 All residents within a half-mile radius of the EQ Resource Recovery chemical plant in southeastern Michigan were asked to voluntarily evacuate on Tuesday due to a chemical plant explosion. ClickOnDetroit reported that nearby residents who choose to stay were told to close their doors and windows. The plant, located in Romulus, near Wayne, is about 15 miles southwest of Detroit. Initial reports stated that a single explosion in a chemical tank was the cause of the fire. The cause of this explosion has not yet been determined. Detroit ABC affiliate WXYZ confirmed that all employees made it out of the plant before the explosion occurred, and that HAZMAT teams were on the scene of the fire. Wayne County Sheriff Warren Evans announced that no injuries were reported in the initial explosion. However, approximately 32 people were treated for breathing problems at nearby Oakwood Annapolis Hospital, due to the subsequent fire. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) analyzed ...
Explosion Proof Equipment Price, China Explosion Proof Equipment Price Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Explosion Proof Equipment Price - Select 2017 high quality Explosion Proof Equipment Price products in best price from certified Chinese Explosion Proof Fan manufacturers, Explosion Proof Oil Pump suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
While fireworks are a traditional part of our Independence Day celebrations, decades of tragic experience show us that the misuse of fireworks can have devastating consequences. Each year, fireworks cause an estimated 25,000 fires, resulting in nearly 9,000 injuries and direct property loss of over $17 million nationwide. The burns caused by the intense heat of fireworks leave lifetime, disfiguring scars. Eye injuries, many leading to permanent vision loss, account for 20 percent of fireworks injuries. Finally, on average, 7 people each year are killed directly by fireworks. Too often, consumers do not recognize the inherent dangers of fireworks and treat them as toys. Even sparklers (pyrotechnic devices that look harmless but arent) cause hundreds of injuries every year. By avoiding illegal and dangerous fireworks and using legal fireworks responsibly, you can help ensure a fun and safer experience for everyone.. The Law Any firework that explodes, emits a flame or sparks higher than 12 feet, ...
Entropic explosion - Wikipedia
An entropic explosion is an explosion in which the reactants undergo a large change in volume without releasing a large amount of heat. The chemical decomposition of triacetone triperoxide (TATP) is an example of an entropic explosion. It is not a thermochemically highly favored event because little energy is generated in chemical bond formation in reaction products, but rather involves an entropy burst, which is the result of formation of one ozone and three acetone gas phase molecules from every molecule of TATP in the solid state. This hypothesis has been questioned as opposing to other theoretical investigations as well as actual measurements of the detonation heat of TATP. Experiments have shown that the explosion heat of TATP is about 2800 kJ/kg (about 70% of TNT) and that it acts as a usual explosive, producing a mix of hydrocarbons, water and carbon oxides upon detonation. The authors of the 2005 Dubnikova et al. study confirm that a final redox reaction (combustion) of ...
Bomb explosion in Athens, no casualties reported - PardaPhash
Athens: According to the media reports, a bomb explosion took place outside a Eurobank branch in the centre of the Greek capital city. However, there were no causalities reported. The…
Harpers New Monthly Magazine/Vol. XLIV/No. 261/February 1872/Editors Scientific Record/Explosion of Gun-Cotton at Stowmarket ...
Much excitement has been produced in England by the explosion of gun-cotton at the well-known works of Prentice and Co., Stowmarket, resulting in the loss of nearly thirty lives and in a great destruction of property. The precise cause of the primary explosion was unknown; but a second explosion was produced in the attempt to rescue cartridges from the burning building by means of a stick. This was attempted, as appeared from the evidence, in consequence of a report recently made on the subject of gun-cotton by Professor Abel, of Woolwich, in which the public were assured that unless exploded by a fulminate, gun-cotton was perfectly harmless, being like so much loose cotton when ignited without detonation. It is generally understood, indeed, that to obtain the full effect of gun-cotton it is necessary to fire it by means of a percussion-cap or fuse. It is, of course, impossible to state that no fulminate was present on the occasion of the Stowmarket explosion; but it is not at all probable; and ...
Explosion at ConAgra plant in North Carolina, multiple injuries - Wikinews, the free news source
An explosion has caused catastrophic damage to a ConAgra Foods plant on Jones Sausage Road in Garner, North Carolina in the United States. At least 300 people were at work in the plant at the time of the incident, 11:27 a.m. EDT (3:27 UTC) on June 9. Estimates indicate that up to 46 people were sent to area hospitals, and, as of 4:00 p.m. EDT, three people are still unaccounted for.. The plant was formerly owned by Raleigh, North Carolina based Goodmark Foods, but was purchased by ConAgra Foods seven years ago. The plant makes Slim Jim brand meat snacks, and at 50,000 square feet is one of ConAgras largest plants.. Eyewitnesses reported a loud explosion, and also reported the smell of ammonia. At least one of the buildings walls was blown outward, crushing a line of cars, and roof damage was visible in nearly all parts of the main building. Crews are working on containing a leak of anhydrous ammonia; it is unclear if the leak caused the explosion or was caused by the explosion. While area ...
oil rig explosion, oil rig explosion wholesale for sale page1 in Tradezz.com
Looking for oil rig explosion? Here you can find the lowest price products about oil rig explosion. We Provide for you about oil rig explosion page1
1974 Birmingham pub bombings: Major development; F...
See Wikipedia report on the Birmingham Six at the link below; The Birmingham Six were six men-Hugh Callaghan, Patrick Joseph Hill, Gerard Hunter, Richard McIlkenny, William Power and John Walker-sentenced to life imprisonment in 1975 in England for the Birmingham pub bombings. Their convictions were declared unsafe and unsatisfactory and quashed by the Court of Appeal on 14 March 1991. The Birmingham pub bombings took place on 21 November 1974 and were attributed to the Provisional IRA. Explosive devices were placed in two central Birmingham pubs: the Mulberry Bush at the foot of the Rotunda, and the Tavern in the Town - a basement pub in New Street. The resulting explosions, at 20:25 and 20:27, collectively were the most injurious attacks in Great Britain since World War II (until surpassed by the 7 July 2005 London bombings); 21 people were killed (ten at the Mulberry Bush and eleven at the Tavern in the Town) and 182 people were injured. A third device, outside a bank in Hagley Road, ...
2015 East Village gas explosion - Wikipedia
Coordinates: 40°43′42″N 73°59′18″W / 40.728376°N 73.988245°W / 40.728376; -73.988245 A gas explosion occurred in the afternoon of March 26, 2015 in a building located at 121 Second Avenue, in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. The explosion was caused by an illegal tap into a gas main. The explosion caused two deaths, injured at least nineteen people, four critically, and the resulting fire completely destroyed three adjacent buildings at 119, 121, and 123 Second Avenue between East 7th Street and St. Marks Place. In August 2014, a meter reader for Con Edison, the utility company that delivers natural gas, electricity, and steam in New York City and in the metropolitan area, discovered that someone had illegally tapped into the 1 1⁄2-inch (3.8 cm) gas line which serviced the Sushi Park Japanese restaurant at 121 Second Avenue, the only part of the building authorized to receive gas service from Con Edison. The illegal taps were serving some of the ...
Electrical Arc & Explosions, Burn Injury & Accidents | The Noll Law Firm, P.C.
Electrical system arc events or explosions and fires can cause some of the most severe, painful, and devastating personal injuries. These events usually occur on work sites or in construction projects when the building owner or general contractor fails to properly safeguard the electrical system and an unknowing or untrained worker contacts a live electrical system causing the explosion or electrocution. Sometimes, the explosion or fire occurs when a building owner does not properly maintain, update, or repair its electrical system. There are strict rules and regulations under the New York State Labor Law and Industrial Code, as well as the National Electric Code that has been adopted by many municipalities in New York that must be followed by building owners and construction contractors to protect workers and residents of their buildings. When these regulations are violated, the results can be devastating.. If you have suffered a personal injury as the result of a fire, an electrocution, an ...
Explosion at an armed depot in Hajja
Military sources confirmed on Thursday morning a series of explosion at a local armed depot in the north-western province of Hajja claimed the life of 10 civilians and injured another seven.The explosion took place in the village of Abs.Witnesses reported that an initial explosion at the armed depot led to the firing up of several rockets which upon landing to nearby houses claimed the life of local residents, among which two children.As the fire spread through the many stores where missiles and rockets were piled up, weapons exploded under the heat, creating a chain reaction.Although the military initial report does not mention foul play, only an accident, recent news of coming military reforms are leaving officials and politicians wondering what exactly happened in Hajja this Thursday.A colonel in Sanaa working at the presidential palace said under cover of anonymity that given the current tensions and political stakes one needed to be careful when allocating blame. He also mentioned that ...
Ammonia tank sparks massive Texas explosion
About two hours later, a thunderous explosion ripped through the plant, registering as strong as a magnitude 2.1 earthquake, according to federal seismologists. It sent a column of smoke hundreds of feet into the air. The facility was located close to homes and an apartment complex, where many of the injuries occurred. There is an assisted-living facility close by, but more than 130 people had been evacuated from it after the fire broke out but before the explosion. Swanton said the death toll was only an estimate as search-and-rescue operations are ongoing. The whereabouts of several volunteer firefighters remain unknown. He described a scene of extreme devastation near the site of the explosion and added he expected there would be a rising list of fatalities ...
Board Investigators Returning to Site of Recent Gas Explosion near Dayton, Ohio - Investigations - News | the U.S. Chemical...
Washington, DC - September 29, 2003) Investigators from the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB) are returning today to the site of last weeks violent explosion at the Isotec chemical manufacturing plant in Miamisburg, Ohio, southwest of Dayton. The explosion ruptured a carbon monoxide pipe and ignited the gas, prompting a precautionary evacuation that affected about 2000 residents within a mile of the plant. CSB lead investigator John Vorderbrueggen and Board member John Bresland were en route back to the site and were expected to meet with concerned citizens today. The effectiveness of the emergency response and the evacuation order are important issues in the case, investigators say.. The September 21st explosion occurred in a 300-foot tall underground distillation tower, which Isotec used to separate nitrogen and oxygen from nitric oxide, a chemically reactive gas. The incident happened about two hours after an alarm sounded, indicating a process upset in the tower. Workers found a vacuum pump ...
Explosion at Madden Bolt steel manufacturer kills worker | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Workplace incident results in 2nd employee death in a year. HOUSTON - A 31-year-old worker was the second person killed in a year at Madden Bolt Corp. when a cutting-table explosion in August 2014 hurled the employee and a steel plate into the air. The plate then landed on the fallen worker, U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigators determined. As a result, OSHA has cited the Houston-based employer for 10 serious violations. In September 2013, a forklift driver at Madden Bolt died after the machine turned over and pinned him underneath. The inspection that followed the explosion found serious violations which include failing to: ensure that the air and gas concentration in the cutting table did not accumulate to create an explosion; protect fuel cylinders from damage; place safety guards on band saws and a pipe press that exposed workers to being caught in the machinery; cover live electrical parts on equipment; and outline proper procedures to shut ...
Board Approves Final Report on Last Years Explosion at D.D. Williamson & Co., Citing Improper Installation, Lack of Emergency...
Louisville, KY, March 12, 2004 - In a final report approved today, the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) said the April 11, 2003, explosion and resulting ammonia release at the D.D. Williamson & Co. plant in Louisville were caused by over-pressurization of an eight-foot-tall food additive processing tank. The CSB said the accident could have been prevented had the company installed an emergency pressure relief valve on the tank. The CSB also noted that the tank that exploded had a history of prior damage. The explosion took the life of an employee who had worked for five years at the plant. It caused extensive damage to the facility, which makes caramel coloring for use in food products such as soft drinks. The explosion, which occurred around 2:10 a.m., blew the top of the tank some 100 yards to the west. The tank shell struck a nearby ammonia tank, knocking it off its foundation. This resulted in the release of an estimated 26,000 pounds of aqua ammonia (ammonia gas in ...
Report on the UH Hydrogen/Oxygen Explosion Report to the University of Hawaii at Manoa on the Hydrogen/Oxygen Explosion of...
Report on the UH Hydrogen/Oxygen Explosion Report to the University of Hawaii at Manoa on the Hydrogen/Oxygen Explosion of March 16, 2016 Report 1: Technical Analysis of Accident Prepared by the UC Center for Laboratory Safety, June 29, 2016 Investigative Team: Dr. Craig Merlic, Executive Director, University of California Center for Laboratory Safety, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA Mr. Eugene Ngai, President, Chemically Speaking LLC, Whitehouse Station, NJ
Environmental Brownian noise suppresses explosions in population dynamics<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Environmental Brownian noise suppresses explosions in population dynamics. AU - Mao, Xuerong. AU - Marion, Glenn. AU - Renshaw, Eric. PY - 2002. Y1 - 2002. N2 - Population systems are often subject to environmental noise, and our aim is to show that (surprisingly) the presence of even a tiny amount can suppress a potential population explosion. To prove this intrinsically interesting result, we stochastically perturb the multivariate deterministic system ẋ(t) = f(x(t)) into the Itô form dx(t) = f(x(t))dt + g(x(t))dw(t), and show that although the solution to the original ordinary differential equation may explode to infinity in a finite time, with probability one that of the associated stochastic differential equation does not. AB - Population systems are often subject to environmental noise, and our aim is to show that (surprisingly) the presence of even a tiny amount can suppress a potential population explosion. To prove this intrinsically interesting result, we ...
Flowers in Singapore: Russelia equisetiformis - Firecracker plant
These delicate-looking flowers remind me of the tiny firecrackers that I used to play with as a kid during Chinese New Year and so I am just calling it the firecracker flowers for the time being. Red flowers are common and these yellow ones are not seen often. Colour aside, they reminded me of the thrill I had with the neighbourhood kids when we would be given strings of tiny firecrackers to play with ...
BRE Group: DSEAR / ATEX Risk assessment
Identification and assessment of existing fire/explosion protection measures and recommend any improvements required to comply with DSEAR.. Many companies are aware of the explosion risks associated with gases and vapours. What is less understood is the explosion risk caused by airborne dust and powder igniting causing a so called Dust Explosion. BRE can assist in assessing this risk and can undertake dust explosion testing of your powders to enable suitable protection measures to be fitted to your process. This may take the form of explosion venting, explosion suppression or explosion containment.. ...
Whats Happening Inside Those 4th of July Fireworks | World Science Festival
Fireworks have come a long way since they were first invented in ancient China. As early as 200 BC, people had found that they could create loud bangs by throwing bamboo shoots into a fire; when heated, the air pockets inside the plant expand rapidly and the bamboo explodes with a violent crack. But it wasnt until after the Chinese invented early forms of gunpowder around the 7th century that fireworks really took off-literally as well as figuratively. Global trade with China over the next 1,000 years brought polytechnic science to the Middle East, Europe, and the New World; any large public celebration, from a royal coronation to religious holidays, featured a fireworks display as its grand finale. Americas Fourth of July fireworks tradition began with its very first Independence Day in 1777.. Fourth of July-style fireworks pack incredibly explosive power inside paper-wrapped bundles called shells, which contain all of the materials for a dazzling light display. If you cut a shell in half ...
Village of Monticello, NY FIREWORKS DISPLAYS
The permit shall contain provisions that the actual point at which the fireworks are to be fired shall be at least 200 feet from the nearest permanent building, public highway or railroad or other means of travel and at least 50 feet from the nearest aboveground telephone or telegraph line, tree or other overhead obstruction; that the audience at such display shall be restrained behind lines at least 150 feet from the point at which the fireworks are discharged, and only persons in active charge of the display shall be allowed inside these lines; that all fireworks that fire a projectile shall be so set up that the projectile will go into the air as nearly as possible in a vertical direction, unless such fireworks are to be fired from the shore of a lake or other large body of water, when they may be directed in such manner that the falling residue from the deflagration will fall into such lake or body of water; that any fireworks that remain unfired after the display is concluded shall be ...
Delayed signatures of underground nuclear explosions (Journal Article) | DOE PAGES
Radionuclide signals from underground nuclear explosions (UNEs) are strongly influenced by the surrounding hydrogeologic regime. One effect of containment is delay of detonation-produced radioxenon reaching the surface as well as lengthening of its period of detectability compared to uncontained explosions. Using a field-scale tracer experiment, we evaluate important transport properties of a former UNE site. Here, we observe the character of signals at the surface due to the migration of gases from the post-detonation chimney under realistic transport conditions. Background radon signals are found to be highly responsive to cavity pressurization suggesting that large local radon anomalies may be an indicator of a clandestine UNE. Computer simulations, using transport properties obtained from the experiment, track radioxenon isotopes in the chimney and their migration to the surface. They show that the chimney surrounded by a fractured containment regime behaves as a leaky chemical reactor ...
Crews seek survivors, bodies after Texas fertilizer plant explosion - The Blade
Swanton said he would never second-guess firefighters decision to enter the plant because we risk our lives every day. The many injuries included broken bones, cuts and bruises, respiratory problems and minor burns. Five people were reported in intensive care. Five more were listed in critical condition.. In the hours after the blast, residents wandered the dark, windy streets searching for shelter. Among them was Julie Zahirniako, who said she and her son, Anthony, had been at a school playground near the plant when the explosion hit.. The explosion threw her son four feet in the air, breaking his ribs. She said she saw people running from the nursing home, and the roof of the school rose into the sky.. The fire was so high, she said. It was just as loud as it could be. The ground and everything was shaking.. First-responders evacuated 133 patients from the nursing home, some in wheelchairs. Many were dazed and panicked and did not know what happened.. William Burch and his wife, a ...
Texas plant explosion
A firefighter handles a childrens bunk bed during a search and rescue of an apartment destroyed by an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas, Thursday, April 18, 2013. A massive explosion at the West Fertilizer Co. killed as many as 15 people and injured more than 160, officials said overnight. (AP Photo/LM Otero ...
Hydrocarbon plant explosion shakes Rice County | KSFFAs Fire News Blog
KAKE - February 22, 2017 Video703 A building explosion at a hydrocarbon plant in Rice County Tuesday night made the ground shake for more than 30 miles. No one was injured. Rice County Emergency Management Director Greg Klein told KAKE News the explosion occurred around 9:40 p.m. in a brick building on the ONEOK property…
firework tree - china firework tree manufacturers and suppliers
firework tree manufacturers firework tree suppliers Directory - Browse firework tree products,Choose Quality firework tree manufacturers, suppliers, factory at B2BAGE
London recovers after explosions - MarketWatch
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Shares in the U.K. found their footing Thursday, recovering losses following four explosions or attempted explosions reported on...
How to Avoid Instant-Pot Pressure Cooker Explosions - Daily Hornet | Breaking News That Stings!
Millions of Instant Pots have been sold and there are no reports of it causing explosions or burn injuries to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) - likely because the Instant Pot has some of the most advanced safety features of any pressure cooker on the market.. Even so, accidents do happen. All types of pressure cookers pose potential safety hazards, but stovetop pressure cookers are the most dangerous.. They can explode if there are manufacturing defects, if the vent gets clogged, if the lid is opened before the pressure is released, or if safety features fail.. Exploding pressure cookers are extremely dangerous. The temperature inside an Instant Pot can reach 250ºF, which is 40º hotter than the boiling water. This helps cook food faster than a slow-cooker, but if the lid is opened too soon, there will be an explosion of food.. In recent years, dozens of people have been severely injured when they were scalded by hot steam or burned by sticky food and liquid.. There are a few ways ...
fireworks firing systems - fireworks firing systems Manufacturer
fireworks firing systems Manufacturers & fireworks firing systems Suppliers Directory - choose fireworks firing systems from 24087 fireworks firing systems Super Suppliers of China.
Allentown Gas Explosion: Allentown Gas Explosion - The Morning Call
As Thursday dawned, the extent of the explosion and fire in central Allentown became starkly visible: half a block reduced to cinders by a catastrophe that killed five people, displaced scores from their homes and raised fears about the soundness of the aged gas pipelines beneath the city.
269 F2d 138 Baltimore Gas and Electric Company v. United States Fidelity and Guaranty Company | OpenJurist
15. Finally, the insurance companies, interpreting the language of the policies to cover damage from the electrical disturbance only if damage is caused by the explosion, contend that there was no such explosion damage here. The jury found there was, and we agree that the evidence warrants the finding. The damage caused by the explosion was relatively inconsequential in comparison with the cost of repairing the other damage, but nothing in the policies justifies a limitation of coverage to those losses in which explosion damage is a major or substantial part of the total. A requirement that there be some damage from explosion as a condition of coverage, may be an appropriate safeguard against claims when the occurrence is uncertain or speculative, but, concededly, there was explosion damage here which we cannot overlook merely because the other damage proved to be so extensive. Nevertheless, the insurance companies say the micarta diaphragm was intended for destruction in the event of an ...
Scope of biology, SCOPE OF BIOLOGY- Present century is witnessing explosion of, Biology
Biology Assignment Help, Scope of biology, SCOPE OF BIOLOGY- Present century is witnessing explosion of information in modem biology directly related to life and health. Issues like global warming, pollution, population explosion, food production have solutions with biology. Disease
Beyond Nuclear - Home - Japanese newscast showing atomic reactor explosion
Aileen Mioko Smith of Green Action Japan has shared with us this You Tube link of a Japanese news cast showing the atomic reactor explosion from various angles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMEV-_X5b_8. It goes on for two minutes, showing the explosion over and over from various angles, with commentary in Japanese language.. ...
Disparity, Diversity and the Cambrian Explosion
Click picture to pop-up a larger version) Charles R. Marshall in EXPLAINING THE CAMBRIAN EXPLOSION OF ANIMALS, Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences Vol. 34: 355-384, shows how the classical view of the Cambrian as popularized by Gould cannot longer be maintained given the available data.. Abstract: The Cambrian explosion is a unique episode in Earth history, when essentially all the animal phyla first appear in the fossil record. A variety of environmental, developmental (genetic), and ecological explanations for this complex and somewhat protracted event are reviewed, with a focus on how well each explains the observed increases in disparity and diversity, the time of onset of the radiation, its duration, and its uniqueness. The increase in disparity (the origin of the phyla) and diversity are best understood as being the result of the interplay of the combinatorial bilaterian developmental system and the increase in the number of needs the first bilaterians had to meet as ...
Supernova Explosion - NASA Spitzer Space Telescope
This animation of a supernova explosion demonstrates what happens when a massive star explodes and creates a shell of hot gas that glows brightly in X-rays. These X-rays reveal the dynamics of the explosion.
MDMA Explosion, Drug Usage, and Kids Doing Them - InfoBarrel
A brief look into the explosion of MDMA and Marijuana and how parents should act in accordance with explosion of drug culture. Strictly an opinion article based on my dealings with youth as a former teacher.
Ned Garthe Explosion Tour Dates 2017 & Concert Tickets | Bandsintown
Get tickets to see Ned Garthe Explosion live. Explore the 2017 tour dates schedule for Ned Garthe Explosion. Download the Bandsintown app to never miss a show.
Ska and Reggae Explosion 2 - Tours at Undertheradar
Ska and Reggae Explosion 2 - After a highly successful event last year were back with the Ska & Reggae Explosion part 2. 2 of Auckland finest live bands will keep you - buy tickets
Firecrackers banned in Agra amid alarming air pollution | SaveDelete
Agra District Magistrate P.N. Singh on Monday banned firecrackers in Agra. Licences for the sale of firecrackers given for 12 identified spots in the city
ISIS encouraged supporters to attack NYC weeks before Port Authority Bus Terminal explosion - New York Daily News
A pipe bomb explosion near the Port Authority Bus Terminal comes amid ISIS calls to attack Times Square during the Christmas season.
Dps Drop after living bomb explosion - Mage - Icy Veins Forums
first of all hello to all of and on icy veins! ive read the guide and its very well written and helpful. though, when im practicing on a dummy and use the dps realtime meter, ive noticed that the dps drops down alot after living bomb explodes. is this normal or am i doing something wrong? i begin...
Ocular firework trauma: a systematic review on incidence, severity and prevention. | British Journal of Ophthalmology
Aim: To provide a systematic review on ocular firework trauma with emphasis on incidence and patient demographics, the extent of ocular trauma and visual function loss, and firework regulation effects on injury rates.. Methods: A literature search was performed using pre-determined inclusion and exclusion criteria. Demographic characteristics of ocular firework casualties were obtained and incidence rates of sustained trauma and vision loss calculated.. Results: Twenty-six relevant articles were suitable for calculation of trauma incidence and patient demographics, of which 17 articles could be used for calculating trauma severity and vision loss.. Victims were male (77%), young (82%) and often bystander (47%). The majority of trauma was mild and temporary. Penetrating eye trauma, globe contusions and burns accounted for 18.2%, with a 3.9% enucleation rate. Mean visual acuity was ,10/20 in 56.8%, with severe vision loss (,10/200) in 16.4%. Countries employing restrictive firework legislation ...
Wiley: Estimating the Flammable Mass of a Vapor Cloud - John L. Woodward
Preface. Acknowledgments.. Glossary.. Nomenclature.. 1. Introduction.. 1.1 Why Calculate Flammable Mass?. 1.2 How Are Flammable Mass Estimates Used?. 1.3 Other CCPS Publications.. 2. Overview.. 2.1 Context.. 2.2 Objectives.. 2.3 How to Use Thus Book.. 3. Industry Experiences with Flammable Vapor Clouds.. 3.1 Property Losses from Vapor Cloud Accidents.. 3.2 Examples of Vapor Clouds Events.. 3.2.1 Bangkok, Thailand, LPG Vapor Cloud.. 3.2.2 Saint Herblain, France, Gasoline Cloud, October 7, 1991.. 3.2.3 Pampa, Texas, Hoechst-Celanese Explosion, November 17, 1987.. 3.2.4 Monsanto Ethanol Explosion, Autumn, 1970.. 3.2.5 Mexico City Vapor Cloud and Explosion, November 19, 1984.. 3.2.6 Pasadena, Texas Fire and Explosion, October 23, 1989.. 3.3 Examples with Postaccident Determination of Flammable Mass.. 3.3.1 Fixborough Vapor Cloud Explosion, June 1, 1974.. 3.3.2 Piper Alpha North Sea Platform Fire, July 6, 1988.. 3.3.3 DSM Naphtha Cracker, Beek, the Netherlands, 7 November 1975.. 4. Basic ...
Toxicity of particles emitted by fireworks | Particle and Fibre Toxicology | Full Text
Particle matter (PM) has been associated with increased morbidity and mortality rates across the world. This study was designed to test the hypotheses that pyrotechnic firework displays introduce significant amounts of toxic metals into the atmosphere and are hazardous to human health. Size-selective emissions from 10 different fireworks displays were collected during particle generation in a dynamic, stainless steel chamber and tested for toxicity in cells. A subset of 2 particle types were tested in vivo in mice. At doses that did not produce cytotoxicity in an LDH assay, in vitro reactive oxygen species (ROS) formation was measured in bronchial epithelial airway (BEAS-2B) and human pulmonary microvascular endothelial (HPMEC-ST1.6R) cell lines treated with size-fractionated particles from the emissions of fireworks. Significant increases in ROS, in both cell types, were dependent upon the type of firework but not particle size. The in vitro ROS activity was correlated with lung inflammation produced
Baby suffers burns, fractures in Iowa fireworks explosion - WCYB
A four-week-old baby and her mother suffered burns and serious injuries when fireworks exploded on them during an illegal Iowa show. The state recently lifted a decades-long ban on fireworks sales.
Back Pain North Oklahoma City-Healthy Back
Family Chiropractic North Oklahoma City, Herniated Disc North Oklahoma City, Chiropractic North Oklahoma City, Neck Pain North Oklahoma City, Pinched Nerve North Oklahoma City, Back Pain North Oklahoma City, Chiropractic Clinic North Oklahoma City, Best Chiropractor North Oklahoma City, Spinal Stenosis North Oklahoma City, Chiropractic Care North Oklahoma City, Sciatica Pain Relief North Oklahoma City, Chiropractor Near Me North Oklahoma City, Pediatric Chiropractor North Oklahoma City, Stenosis North Oklahoma City, Sciatica North Oklahoma City, Lower Back Pain North Oklahoma City, Chiropractor Massage North Oklahoma City, Advanced Chiropractic North Oklahoma City, Sciatic Nerve North Oklahoma City, Sciatic Nerve Pain North Oklahoma City, Chiropractor North Oklahoma City, Stiff Neck North Oklahoma City, Slipped Disc North Oklahoma City, Sciatica Symptoms North Oklahoma City, Chiropractic Treatment North Oklahoma City, Chiropracter North Oklahoma City, Chiropractic Adjustment
acetone fireworks clipart chemical reaction gif 8 gif images download fireworks clipart acetone - Indiatravelto.info
Acetone Fireworks Clipart Chemical Reaction Gif 8 Gif Images Download Fireworks Clipart Acetone, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Explosive Stock Illustrations Gograph Clipart Fireworks Acetone, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Tanned Buckskin Royalty Free Stock Image Image 12537676 Acetone Clipart Fireworks, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Pinterest Fireworks Acetone Clipart, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Hot Explosives Fireworks How Tos Page 2 Of 7 Fireworks Acetone Clipart, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Incredible Chemical Reactions Science Technology Clipart Fireworks Acetone, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Page 13 For Flame Gifs Primo Gif Latest Animated Gifs Fireworks Acetone Clipart, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Zeus H In Situ Honed Mid Grey Granite Looking More Like Acetone Clipart Fireworks, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Hazard Class 101 Know How To Categorize Your Hazardous Clipart Fireworks Acetone, Acetone Fireworks Clipart Acetone Molecule Stock Photo Image 12537950 Clipart Fireworks Acetone, Acetone Fireworks Clipart ...
Targeted brownfield assessment for Oklahoma Army National Guard, former 44th Street Oklahoma City Armory, Oklahoma City,...
TARGETED BROWNFIELD ASSESSMENT For Oklahoma Army National Guard Former 44th Street Oklahoma City Armory Oklahoma City, Oklahoma ASTM E 1527-05 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment All Appropriate Inquiry Prepared by: December 16, 2010 Phase I TBA Former 44th Street Oklahoma City Armory Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 3 Background and Disclaimer: The purpose of an environmental site assessment is to identify actual or potential recognized environmental conditions that may result in liability or land use restrictions. The ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessment E 1527 - 05 is the minimum standard for environmental due diligence in the commercial real estate industry and meets the standard for All Appropriate Inquiry under the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act of 2002. A diligent effort in accordance with generally accepted good commercial and customary standards and practices was undertaken to identify the recognized environmental conditions that might affect the ...
Targeted brownfield assessment for Oklahoma Army National Guard, former 44th Street Oklahoma City Armory, Oklahoma City,...
TARGETED BROWNFIELD ASSESSMENT For Oklahoma Army National Guard Former 44th Street Oklahoma City Armory Oklahoma City, Oklahoma ASTM E 1527-05 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment All Appropriate Inquiry Prepared by: December 16, 2010 Phase I TBA Former 44th Street Oklahoma City Armory Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 3 Background and Disclaimer: The purpose of an environmental site assessment is to identify actual or potential recognized environmental conditions that may result in liability or land use restrictions. The ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessment E 1527 - 05 is the minimum standard for environmental due diligence in the commercial real estate industry and meets the standard for All Appropriate Inquiry under the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act of 2002. A diligent effort in accordance with generally accepted good commercial and customary standards and practices was undertaken to identify the recognized environmental conditions that might affect the ...
Govt Report: Criticality suspected to have occurred in Fukushima fuel pool - Nuclear chain reaction after massive explosion at...
Fukushima Nuclear Accident Independent Investigation Commission, National Diet of Japan (emphasis added): Hydrogen explosion of Unit 3 and heat source within the spent fuel pool. The hydrogen explosion resulted in a plume of white smoke immediately after the explosion, and on the two following days. Observation of the spent fuel pool after the explosion shows the possibility of substantial damage to the fuel. But the dumping of a large amount of water after the explosion might have kept the radioactive material in the pool to be within or around the building, reducing the further spread of radioactive material. It is also possible that rainfall could have caused part of the radioactive material to fall into the ocean. […] What was the source of the massive amount of heat that caused intermittent water evaporation in the form of white smoke to come out of the pool? The white smoke was generated not only immediately after the hydrogen explosion but on both of the next two days. There was, ...
Trivex Vein Surgery Oklahoma City OK - trivex procedure, Oklahoma City OK Vein-Treatment.com, Oklahoma City OK Trivex Vein...
Welcome to the Vein-Treatment.com Local Pages. Here you will find local information about Trivex Vein Surgery in Oklahoma City, OK and other similar resourses that may be of interest to you. In addition to a number of relevant services we can help you with online, we have compiled a list of businesses and services around Oklahoma City, including Vascular Specialists, Hospitals, and Health Clinics that should help with your search. Before you look through our local resources, please browse our site. You may just find all you need online!
Conjunctivitis Treatment Oklahoma City OK - pink eye, Oklahoma City OK conjuctivitis, Oklahoma City OK causes, Oklahoma City...
This page provides relevant content and local businesses that can help with your search for information on Conjunctivitis Treatment. You will find informative articles about Conjunctivitis Treatment, including Pink Eye, Conjunctivitis Eye Disorder Symptoms and Treatments. Below you will also find local businesses that may provide the products or services you are looking for. Please scroll down to find the local resources in Oklahoma City, OK that can help answer your questions about Conjunctivitis Treatment.
Holiday Inn Oklahoma City North Quail Spgs in Oklahoma City, OK | Expedia
Book the Holiday Inn Oklahoma City North Quail Spgs - Stay at this 3-star business-friendly hotel in Oklahoma City. Our guests praise the helpful staff and the clean rooms in our reviews. Popular attractions Quail Springs Mall and Northpark Mall are located nearby. Discover genuine guest reviews for Holiday Inn Oklahoma City North Quail Spgs along with the latest prices and availability - book now.
Oklahoma City elementary school facing closure is targeted by vandals | KFOR.com Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City officials say vandals targeted an elementary school just days after it was announced that it would likely close. Last week, Oklahoma City Public Schools announced that it would likely temporarily close North Highland Elementary School, which Superintendent Aurora Lora described as a school in crisis. Under the proposal, North Highland
Gambling Addiction Oklahoma City OK - sense of empowerment, Oklahoma City OK Gambling Addiction, Oklahoma City OK Gambling...
Gambling Addiction in Oklahoma City, OK. Find phone numbers, addresses and information about Gambling Addiction in Oklahoma City.
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Northwest Quail Springs: See 180 Hotel Reviews, Price Comparison and 49 Photos - TripAdvisor
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Northwest Quail Springs, Oklahoma City: 180 Hotel Reviews, 49 traveller photos, and great deals for Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Northwest Quail Springs, ranked #52 of 154 hotels in Oklahoma City and rated 4.5 of 5 at TripAdvisor.
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs - Hotel - anmeldelser - sammenligning af priser - TripAdvisor
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs, Oklahoma City: Se anmeldelser fra rejsende, 43 billeder og gode tilbud vedr. SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs, placeret som nr. 91 af 154 hoteller i Oklahoma City og med bedømmelsen 4 af 5 på TripAdvisor.
Best Specialized Medical Practitioners - Except Internal (Offices and Clinics of Medical Doctors) in Oklahoma City (OK) - www...
Best Specialized Medical Practitioners - Except Internal (Offices and Clinics of Medical Doctors) in Oklahoma City (OK), Top 20 Oklahoma City Specialized Medical Practitioners, Except Internal out of 0 listings, Oklahoma City Specialized Medical Practitioners - Except Internal directory, Reviews of Specialized Medical Practitioners - Except Internal in Oklahoma City
FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES OKLAHOMA CITY QUAIL SPRINGS, OKLAHOMA CITY ***
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs Oklahoma City - 3 star hotel. Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs/South Edmond is a 3-star property situated at about 9 km distance from Western Avenue. Built in 1996, the …
Can air pollution affect tear film stability? a cross-sectional study in the aftermath of an explosion accident
Background After an explosion and fire in two tanks containing contaminated oil and sulphur products in a Norwegian industrial harbour in 2007, the surrounding area was polluted. This caused an intense smell, lasting until the waste was removed two years later. The present study reports examinations of tear film break up time among the population. The examinations were carried out because many of the people in the area complained of sore eyes. The purpose of the study was to assess the relationship between living or working close to the polluted area and tear film stability one and a half years after the explosion. Methods All persons working or living in an area less than six kilometres from the explosion site were invited to take part in the study together with a similar number of persons matched for age and gender living more than 20 kilometres away. Three groups were established: workers in the explosion area and inhabitants near the explosion area (but not working there) were considered to ...
Explosions and Blast Injuries: A Primer for Clinicians // ACEP
Auf der Heide E. Disaster Response: Principles of Preparation and Coordination Disaster Response: Principles of Preparation and Coordination.. Quenemoen LE, Davis, YM, Malilay J, Sinks T, Noji EK, and Klitzman S. The World Trade Center bombing: injury prevention strategies for high-rise building fires. Disasters 1996;20:125-32.. Wightman JM and Gladish SL. Explosions and blast injuries. Annals of Emergency Medicine; June 2001; 37(6): 664-p678.. Stein M and Hirshberg A. Trauma Care in the New Millinium: Medical Consequences of Terrorism, the Conventional Weapon Threat. Surgical Clinics of North America. Dec 1999; Vol 79 (6).. Phillips YY. Primary Blast Injuries. Annals of Emergency Medicine; 1986, Dec; 106 (15); 1446-50.. Hogan D, et al. Emergency Department Impact of the Oklahoma City Terrorist Bombing. Annals of Emergency Medicine; August 1999; 34 (2), pp. Mallonee S, et al. Physical Injuries and Fatalities Resulting From the Oklahoma City Bombing. Journal of the American Medical Association; ...
Oklahoma Man Arrested Trying to replicate the Oklahoma City bomb - Unknown News - Alternative News - Alternative Facts - Real...
An Oklahoma man was arrested Saturday for trying to detonate a vehicle bomb in downtown Oklahoma City.. Jerry Drake Varnell, 23, was taken into custody after trying to set off a vehicle bomb at BancFirst, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Oklahoma Mark Yancey confirmed, according to KOCO.. He wanted to replicate the Oklahoma City bomb, an FBI assistant special agent in charge, Raul Bujanda, said at a Monday news conference.. The FBI arrested Varnell around 1 a.m. after he tried to detonate what was believed to be an explosives-laden van that he had parked in an alley next to BancFirst.. A criminal complaint claims Varnell originally wanted to blow up the Federal Reserve Building in Washington, D.C., using a device similar to the one used in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, which killed 168 people, because he was upset at the government.. Varnell planned out everything carefully, identifying BancFirst as his target, preparing a statement that would have been posted to social media after ...
Combustible Dust: An Explosion Hazard - Overview | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Any combustible material can burn rapidly when in a finely divided form. If such a dust is suspended in air in the right concentration, under certain conditions, it can become explosible. Even materials that do not burn in larger pieces (such as aluminum or iron), given the proper conditions, can be explosible in dust form.. The force from such an explosion can cause employee deaths, injuries, and destruction of entire buildings. For example, 3 workers were killed in a 2010 titanium dust explosion in West Virginia, and 14 workers were killed in a 2008 sugar dust explosion in Georgia. The U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) identified 281 combustible dust incidents between 1980 and 2005 that led to the deaths of 119 workers, injured 718, and extensively damaged numerous industrial facilities.. A wide variety of materials that can be explosible in dust form exist in many industries. Examples of these materials include: food (e.g., candy, sugar, spice, starch, flour, feed), ...
Bomb explosion in Kabul
A powerful bomb explosion in the center of the Afghan capital, Kabul, has killed at least seven people, including foreigners. The attack comes a day after a...
Two people injured after shooting at southeast Oklahoma City hotel | KFOR.com
OKLAHOMA CITY - Two people were injured following a shooting at a southeast Oklahoma City hotel. Police responded to the Plaza Inn near SE 29th and Prospect around 11:20 p.m. on Monday in reference to an altercation. Oklahoma City police say when they arrived on scene, they found two people injured; one had a gunshot […]
Oklahoma City OK Home Rentals, Apartments for Rent, Homes or Houses for rent : 73120, Business Center, Garage | RentalHouses.com
Oklahoma City OK Home Rentals, Apartments for Rent, Homes or Houses : 73120, Business Center, Garage. Information and listings for available Homes for rent : 73120, Business Center, Garage in Oklahoma City OK. Find the perfect house for rent in Oklahoma City OK to fit your monthly house rental budget on RentalHouses.com
Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Treatment Centers : Drug Recovery Inc 3033 N Walnut Avenue No. W101 Oklahoma City OK 73105 405-232...
33 Home Health LPN / LPN - Home Healthcare - Full Time Oklahoma City, OK, USA Home Health LPN / LPN - Home Healthcare - Full Time This job is offered in Oklahoma City, OK by the Oklahoma City, OK office 10 days ago Be a part of an opportunity to improve lives! We are currently ...... Apply Now>> ...
Alternative Medicine : Friends Salon 8201 S Pennsylvania Avenue Oklahoma City OK 73159 405-688-9488
26 Home Health LPN / LPN - Home Healthcare - Full Time Oklahoma City, OK, USA Home Health LPN / LPN - Home Healthcare - Full Time This job is offered in Oklahoma City, OK by the Oklahoma City, OK office 12 days ago Be a part of an opportunity to improve lives! We are currently ...... Apply Now>> ...
Our Services - Oklahoma City Teeth Whitening, Oklahoma City Dental Implants, Oklahoma City Veneers
Paula Cothran provides dental services and procedures such as teeth whitening, dental implants, and porcelain veneers in Oklahoma City, OK.
Interventional Cardiology Opportunity with Faculty Appointment in Oklahoma City, OK for Oklahoma City VA Medical Center
Exciting opportunity in Oklahoma City, OK for Oklahoma City VA Medical Center as a Interventional Cardiology Opportunity with Faculty Appointment
Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK. Oklahoma City Jobs, Employment | Monster.com
Explore Oklahoma City jobs and career resources on Monster. Find all the information you need to land a job in Oklahoma City and build a career.
Ear Mites Treatment Oklahoma City OK - Ear mites treatment, Oklahoma City OK cat ear mites treatment, Oklahoma City OK ear...
Ear mites can infest cats ear canals and cause itchy ears and other symptoms. This is a condition that can often be treated at home with ear mite home remedies. Cat ear mite treatment and remedies involve a topical insecticide applied in the cats ear with a dropper. See below for pet stores in Oklahoma City, OK that provide expert resources on ear mites treatment.
How to Get to Courtyard Oklahoma City North/Quail Springs | Map of Oklahoma City
Get directions to Courtyard Oklahoma City North/Quail Springs. Our Oklahoma City map & transportation guide will help you get to know the area.
Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City Airport | Oklahoma City, OK Hotels
Enjoy a stress-free stay at Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City Airport, featuring relaxing guest rooms and convenient amenities like free WiFi. Book our well-situated hotel in Oklahoma City, OK.
Nitrogen triiodide explosion - Stock Video Clip K004/5171 - Science Photo Library
Nitrogen triiodide explosion. Footage of a laboratory demonstrator making contact with a sample of nitrogen triiodide (NI3) to trigger a loud explosion. The initial explosion triggers secondary explosions on the other samples of NI3. The purple cloud is iodine vapour. Nitrogen gas is also produced. The instability of NI3, an example of a very sensitive contact explosive, is due to the steric strain of three relatively large iodine atoms bound to the relatively small nitrogen atom. - Stock Video Clip K004/5171
Firecracker and Blast Injuries | ACEPs PEM Microsite
Jonathan Eisenberg, MD. As a child, my father told me a story about his neighbor who had a mishap with a firecracker and blew off the second through fourth digits. He would then hold out his thumb and pinky and wave to me. This scared me to such an extent that I still have never lit a firecracker, even during my less frontal lobe-oriented teen years. I now think that this story was a fabrication-but it is not that far off from its realistic basis.. Fireworks are most popular during the month surrounding July 4thin the US. These colorful combustibles have been around in the US since July 4th, 1777, and we spend more than $700 million dollars per year on them. There are many varieties and categories from novelty and daytime fireworks (both generally have smaller explosions) to the larger aerial fireworks and a host of nuanced state laws which allow for an all, some, or none approach to sales.. Although young adults 20-24 have the highest rate of injury, children younger than 15 accounted for 31% ...
EXPLOSION in AUSTRALIA! The EXPLOSION was caused by The Ignition of 380 Tonnes of, Dynamite! Ammonium Nitrate! & Fuel Oil!...
CableofTheSun.2.TheSun.(C)NjRout.7.43pm21stMarch2016 027.Digied…TheKingofAustralia!. .. TheSun.(C)NjRout.7.43pm21stMarch2016 027. The Movie!. .. In the following movie WHICH CAN BE VIEWED ON YOU TUBE Australian Ground containing Iron Ore, Australian Wealth is blown to fragments and dust, as tonnes [380 tonnes!] of explosives are ignited within the earth, at Pilbara, a region of Western Australia.. .. I happen to be an Australian person, and I live in Australia, and explosive actions such as this can probably trigger Tremors and Earthquakes in areas surrounding the area of Australia where this explosion took place.. .. Beneath the ground in some areas, on this earth, and possibly in the ground where this explosion took place, there are Underground Supplies of Water and according to The Word of God, FISH live in Subterranean [underground] Water.. .. Now to get this [Our Australian Wealth!] Iron Ore out of the ground in Our Country of Australia, this [Minnesota??] Mining ...
Dr. Harsh Vardhan Launches CSIR Fast-Track Mission Mode R&D Project on Eco-Friendly Firecrackers and E-Crackers
Dr. Harsh Vardhan addressing the meeting on non-polluting firecrackers. DG, CSIR, Dr. Girish Sahni is also seen.. DG, CSIR, Dr. Girish Sahni, pointed out that CSIR is committed to national priorities and towards this important societal cause. Several CSIR laboratories have come together and are putting together a robust S&T strategy for development of eco-friendly firecrackers and fireworks, he said. Dr. Sahni stated that the first phase will cover reduction of pollutants, while future strategies will cover removal of pollutants from the compositions. An inter-ministerial/departmental Expert Committee has been constituted by the CSIR to guide and mentor CSIR laboratories in this unique R&D endeavour. Taking the R&D ideas forward, CSIR also proposes to meet the manufacturers of firecrackers in the country to involve the concerned stakeholders in its larger action plan. Each of the members appreciated the CSIR initiative and voiced their strong support to make this endeavour a great success. ...
Oklahoma City: The contemporary city
Oklahoma City: Oklahoma City, city, Canadian, Cleveland, and Oklahoma counties, capital of Oklahoma state, U.S., and seat (1907) of Oklahoma county. It lies along the North Canadian River near the centre of the state, about 100 miles (160 km) southwest of Tulsa. The city site, at an elevation of about 1,200 feet
NappyValleyNet - Ensuring fireworks are memorable for all the right reasons!
ENSURING FIREWORKS ARE MEMORABLE FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS! Last Updated on : 26th October 2018 As winter approaches there are many festivities to look
2 Killed in Gas Explosion
Officials say a gas explosion and fire at a Moscow restaurant on Monday killed two people and injured at least 26. The explosion occurred Monday afternoon in the kitchen of Italian restaurant Il Pittore. A fire spread quickly through the three-story building. Emergencies services official Ilya Denisov said two restaurant employees died and 15 people were evacuated by ambulance. The Investigative Committee said in a statement that in addition to the two killed, 26 people were hurt. Russian state news agencies, citing a spokesman for the emergency services, said 32 people were hospitalized. Investigators and emergency workers say the explosion is believed to have been caused by improper use of gas canisters. (AP)
Explosion Lawsuit Attorneys | Explosion Lawyers | Arnold & Itkin LLP
Were you injured in an explosion? Hire an explosion injury lawyer at Arnold & Itkin! We know how to fight for and win compensation. Call 888-493-1629.
EPA Superfund record of decision : Tenth Street dump/junkyard, OU 01, Oklahoma City, OK :: Documents.OK.Gov
EPA/ROD/R06-90/059 1990 EPA Superfund Record of Decision: TENTH STREET DUMP/JUNKYARD EPA ID: OKD980620967 OU 01 OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 09/27/1990 09/27/90 REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR #LD I. LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION THE TENTH STREET SITE (THE SITE) IS LOCATED AT 3200 NE TENTH STREET, IN THE FAR EASTERN BOUNDARY OF OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA (SECTION 31, TOWNSHIP 12 NORTH, RANGE 2 WEST, OF OKLAHOMA COUNTY). THE SITE IS APPROXIMATELY 3.5 ACRES IN SIZE. IT IS SITUATED IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF NE TENTH STREET AND LIES BETWEEN BRYANT AVENUE AND THE NORTH CANADIAN RIVER. STANDISH AVENUE, A SIDE STREET EAST OF BRYANT, IS THE NORTH-SOUTH STREET CLOSEST TO THE WESTERN BOUNDARY OF THE SITE (SEE FIGURES 1 & 2). THE SITE IS ALSO SITUATED IN THE 100-YEAR FLOOD PLAIN OF THE NORTH CANADIAN RIVER. THE AREA IN THE VICINITY OF THE SITE IS USED PRIMARILY FOR INDUSTRIAL PURPOSES. VEGETATION IN THE AREA IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE NORTH CANADIAN RIVER AND TO THE DEGREE OF URBANIZATION. IT CONSISTS OF MARSH GRASS AND WILLOW AND ...
The intellectual explosion that didnt happen « Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science
I reviewed Wades book for Slate, we discussed it on the blog, and then I further discussed on the sister blog the idea that racism is a framework, not a theory, and that its value, or anti-value, comes from it being a general toolkit which can be used to explain anything.. I recently came a review essay on Wades book, by sociologist Philip Cohen from 2015, that made some interesting points, in particular addressing the political appeal of scientific racism.. Cohen quotes from a book review in the Wall Street Journal by conservative author Charles Murray, who wrote that the publication of A Troublesome Inheritance would trigger an intellectual explosion the likes of which we havent seen for a few decades.. This explosion did not happen.. Maybe one reason that Murray anticipated such an intellectual explosion is that this is what happened with his own book, The Bell Curve, back in 1995.. So Murrays expectation was that A Troublesome Inheritance would be the new Bell Curve: Some people ...
Ex Explosion Proof Junction Box Manufacturers, Stockists, Suppliers, Dealers in Dubai - Dubai Yellow Pages Online
Dubai Ex Explosion Proof Junction Box, Buy High Quality Ex Explosion Proof Junction Box Products from Dubai Ex Explosion Proof Junction Box Suppliers and Manufacturers at Dubai Yellow Pages Online
Personnel Casualty Assessment for Explosion in the Subway Platform
The subway station is easy to be attacked by terrorist bombings, and it will cause heavy casualties. In this paper, a comprehensive casualty assessment method for personnel in the subway structure was established based on the existing personnel injury model. The spatial distribution characteristics of the shock wave suffered by the personnel in the subway platform were obtained. Combined with the comprehensive casualty assessment method, the personnel casualty area for the explosions in the subway platform was divided. The results show that for the same explosive charge, the maximum positive phase impulse generated by the explosion at the edge of the platform is smallest. The “notch effect” for the stair exit will increase the shock wave load. When the explosive is exploded in the center of the platform, the smaller the explosive charge is, the more obvious the “notch effect” is. When the explosive charge reaches 40 kg, the personnel safety area is reduced to a certain
Intelligence explosion. Main article: Intelligence explosion. Strong AI might bring about an intelligence explosion, a term ... In 1965, I. J. Good first wrote of an "intelligence explosion", suggesting that if machines could even slightly surpass human ... The Human Importance of the Intelligence Explosion Archived [Date missing] at acceleratingfuture.com [Error: unknown archive ... Further information: Intelligence explosion § Plausibility. Gary Marcus claims that "virtually everyone in the A.I. field ...
2017 Barcelona attacks
Alcanar explosions. First explosion. On 16 August, a day prior to the Barcelona attacks, an explosion destroyed a ... Second explosion. A second explosion occurred at the same location during excavation, possibly caused by a spark from a ... Aalla's death in the explosion at Alcanar was later confirmed by police from DNA at the explosion site. Like all the other ... Police initially thought it was an accidental gas explosion, but hours later believed the explosion was caused by stockpiled ...
Jakarta explosions. From late 1999 to September 2000, Jakarta was hit by a series of bombings, which were linked by some ...
1992 sewer explosions. Main article: 1992 Guadalajara explosions. On April 22, 1992, gasoline explosions in the sewer ... Three days before the explosion, residents started complaining of a strong gasoline-like smell coming from the sewers. City ... "The Guadalajara 1992 Sewer Gas Explosion Disaster". Massachusetts: SEMP. 3 May 2006. Archived from the original on 10 February ... The interior was completely remodeled after an explosion in 1859. This building contains murals by José Clemente Orozco, a ...
Causes of explosions. Natural explosions can occur for a variety of reasons. Post-mortem explosions, like that of a ... with the subsequent explosion having a chance of causing a boiler explosion. The explosive rats never saw use, as the first ... The explosion of animals is an uncommon event arising through natural causes or human activity. Among the best known examples ... The cow had its head blown off by the resulting explosion, and the farmer milking the cow was knocked unconscious. ...
Nuclear weapon yield
Milestone nuclear explosions. The following list is of milestone nuclear explosions. In addition to the atomic bombings ... Taylor noted that the radius R of the blast should initially depend only on the energy E of the explosion, the time t after the ... "CHAPTER 3 EFFECTS OF NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS SECTION I - GENERAL".. *^ NUCLEAR EVENTS AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES by the Borden institute ... I was stationed at the Base Camp at Trinity in a position about ten miles[16 km] from the site of the explosion...About 40 ...
Fire and explosions. Several theories have been advanced concerning the cause of the fire and explosions. The Clark ... An episode of Shockwave features the explosion.. *The TLC television special World's Most Powerful Explosions feature the ... The largest explosion had an estimated yield of 0.25 kiloton TNT equivalent (similar to a 1.0 kiloton nuclear explosion in free ... resulting in two small explosions there, and a massive explosion about four minutes after the first. USDOL reported that six or ...
Explosion. This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to ... If a battery cell is charged too quickly, it can cause a short circuit, leading to explosions and fires". ... This is in response to reported accidents and failures, occasionally ignition or explosion. An expert summary of the ... A battery explosion is generally caused by misuse or malfunction, such as attempting to recharge a primary (non-rechargeable) ...
Moomba explosions, South Australia. 2001. In June 2001, a pump exploded at the liquids pumping station killing ... They also said that the emergency muster area was too close to the plant in the event of a major tank explosion. ... "Santos fined over Moomba explosion". Herald Sun. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 5 February 2015.. ... On 1 January 2004 an explosion occurred at Santos' Moomba processing facility. The blast was traced to the Liquids Recovery ...
Mashuga, CV; Crowl DA (1998). "Application of the flammability diagram for evaluation of fire and explosion hazards of ... Crowl, Daniel A. (2003). Understanding Explosions. Wiley-AIChE. ISBN 0-8169-0779-X. for instance in Michael George Zabetakis' ...
The most recent naked-eye supernova was SN 1987A, the explosion of a blue supergiant star in the Large Magellanic Cloud, a ... Cosmic Explosions in Three Dimensions. Cambridge University Press. p. 276. arXiv:astro-ph/0312542. Bibcode:2004cetd.conf..276L ... 1999). "Jet-induced Explosions of Core Collapse Supernovae". The Astrophysical Journal. 524 (2): L107. arXiv:astro-ph/9904419. ... Wang, B.; Liu, D.; Jia, S.; Han, Z. (2014). "Helium double-detonation explosions for the progenitors of type Ia supernovae". ...
Littoral cones and explosion craters are the result of mild explosions that were generated locally by the interaction of either ... Explosion craters form where either hot lava or pyroclastic flows have covered either marshy ground or water-saturated ground ... A tuff ring is a related type of small monogenetic volcano that is also produced by phreatic (hydrovolcanic) explosions ... Wohletz, K. H.; Sheridan, M. F. (1983). "Hydrovolcanic explosions; II, Evolution of basaltic tuff rings and tuff cones". ...
Chronology of Provisional Irish Republican Army actions (1980-89)
Immediately after the explosion, gunmen opened fire on the foot patrol as colleagues radioed for help. The West Tyrone Brigade ... There were no injuries but the explosion caused damage estimated at £75,000. 27 June: a RUC officer was killed in an IRA booby ... "Bomb Explosions". RTÉ Archives. "IRA Attack Security Forces". RTÉ Archives. McKittrick, p. 1068. "1987: 30 hurt as car bomb ... 49 year old RUCR officer Ivan Crawford, a father of three, was killed by the explosion. 9 January: six mortars were fired from ...
The Lady Tigra) 12 "Ambulance (remix Turbotito) 13 "Suis Je Normal" 2012: Strangers May Kiss - EP 1. "Explosions" 2. "Ambulance ... " 3. "Shameless" 4. "My Satellite" 5. "Hallucination" 2011: Coco Morier - EP 1. "Explosions" 2. "My Satellite" 3. "Ambulance" 4 ...
Jim K (26 December 2016). "Explosions Preventable". Spinfuel eMagazine. Avery Powell (21 December 2016). "Local vape shop ...
Later explosion craters, such as Hanauma Bay, developed within Koko Head. Koko Crater was also the source of an ash layer that ... Steam explosions could generate lateral blasts, which can spread to distances of 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from vents at high speed ... After Koko Head had formed, a second volcanic explosion generated another crater on its eastern foot and filled gullies which ... When the rising magma intercepted water-especially close to the coast-steam explosions ensued which threw up rock debris ...
Cole equation of state
R. H Cole (1948). Underwater explosions. Princeton: Princeton University Press. G. K. Batchelor (1974). An introduction to ...
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Dargis, Manohla (August 8, 2009). "Good Guys Meet Bad Guys; Cue Explosions". The New York Times. Retrieved November 17, 2009. ...
Timeline of the Troubles in Britain
The explosion injured five people and caused minor damage to the building. The IRA claimed they carried out the attack. 17 ... More Explosions In London at Madame Tussauds Waxworks and The International Boat Show ITN Source 5 January 1974, Retrieved 5 ... The IRA warnings were too late and 21 were people were killed in the explosions, a further 182 people were injured. A third ... "1976: Explosions rock London's West End". BBC On This Day. 29 January 1976. Retrieved 9 September 2014. Borrell, Clive; Parker ...
doi:10.1002/fld.3666.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) H. R. Cole (1948). Underwater Explosions. Princeton, New ...
Queen Elizabeth Barracks, Strensall
"IRA Explosions". House of Lords Debate:Green Howards Band Equipment. Hansard. 374: cc363-85. 28 September 1976. Retrieved 17 ...
The explosion killed Plehve and left Sazonov badly injured. * LEAR. "词语"敢死队"的解释汉典zdic.net". Retrieved November 7, 2014. "敢死队的意思 ... By stumbling or calling out in distress more victims may be drawn to the explosion. These women have proven to be more deadly ... "Special Reports , London explosions". BBC News. Retrieved March 22, 2015. "Suicide Bombing Marks a Grim New Turn for Somalia". ... Pape, Robert; Feldman, James K. (2010). Cutting the Fuse: The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop It. ...
... explosions ZZZRRRUUGGHH! - telekinesis UIUUIEEEE! - transmutation ARRREEEEG! - weather manipulation IRRRRWWWW! - plant ...
The energy radiated by the explosion has been estimated at 1051 ergs (1044 J), making it a hundred times more powerful than the ... SN2006gy (top right) in infrared SN2006gy (top right) in ultraviolet NASA artist's impression of the explosion of SN 2006gy Gal ... Several possible mechanisms have been proposed for such a violent explosion, all requiring a very massive progenitor star. The ... This diagram illustrates the pair-instability process that astronomers think triggered the explosion in SN 2006gy. A ...
"Dust Explosions". jstage.jst.go.jp. Warsaw University of Technology, Institute of Heat Engineering. Retrieved 21 September 2019 ... "Glossary on Explosion Dynamics". shepherd.caltech.edu. California Institute of Technology. Retrieved 7 October 2019. "Review of ... Egerton, Alfred C.; Gates, S.F. "Further experiments on explosions in gaseous mixtures of acetylene, of hydrogen and of pentane ... Gas explosions can either deflagrate or detonate based on confinement; detonation velocities are generally around 1600 m/s to ...
List of Batman: The Brave and the Bold characters
... causing a massive explosion. Unfortunately, the explosion fused the Gas Gang's gas forms together, turning them into an even ... Causes explosions. Voice Actor: Corey Burton General Zahl was a villain and archenemy of the Doom Patrol. In "The Last Patrol ... When the duo discover that the Batman that helped them was only a part of the hero also affected in the explosion, they work ... Human Bomb is a superhero that can trigger explosions from his body or elsewhere. Voice Actor: Hope Levy Phantom Lady is a ...
Origin of the Moon
Nuclear explosion. Dutch scientists Rob de Meijer and Wim van Westrenen suggested in 2010 that the Moon may have formed ... causing a nuclear explosion ejecting the Moon into orbit. This natural nuclear fission reactor has been observed on ... https://phys.org/news/2010-01-moon-nuclear-explosion.html *^ De Meijer, R.J.; Anisichkin, V.F.; Van Westrenen, W. (2013). " ... from a nuclear explosion caused by the centrifugal force of an earlier, spinning proto-Earth. The centrifugal force would have ...
Intelligence explosion. The intelligence explosion is a possible outcome of humanity building artificial general ... Intelligence Explosion FAQ by the Machine Intelligence Research Institute. *Blog on bootstrapping artificial intelligence by ... Whether or not an intelligence explosion occurs depends on three factors. The first, accelerating factor, is the new ... I. J. Good's "intelligence explosion" model predicts that a future superintelligence will trigger a singularity. ...
Gas explosion. Main article: Massachusetts gas explosions. On September 13, 2018, a series of gas explosions and fires ...
"Flixborough (Explosion)". Hansard. Retrieved 8 July 2014.. *^ Health & Safety Commission (1976). Advisory Committee on Major ... The explosion was estimated to be equivalent to 15-45 t TNT at the Inquiry.[c] 16±2 t at 45 m above ground level was the best- ... The explosion. At about 16:53 on Saturday 1 June 1974, there was a massive release of hot cyclohexane in the area of the ... "60/6 Explosion of Clouds of Gas or Vapour in the Open Air". ICI Petrochemicals Division Safety Newsletter (60). January 1974. ...
Chocolate Cake Explosions | WIRED
Mississippi Explosions - Scientific American
This year the explosions have been frequent and disastrous, and the western steamboats are again fast earning their old ... One of the most terrible steamboat explosions which has taken place in a great number of years, occurred on the 13th inst., ... During the past three years very few explosions have taken place on the western rivers, and river traveling had become as safe ... On the same day in which the above explosion took place, the steamer Eclipse exploded her heater when near Natchez, Miss., by ...
Gas explosion - Wikipedia
The Humberto Vidal Explosion (sometimes also referred to as the Río Piedras Explosion) was a gas explosion that occurred on ... A gas explosion is an explosion resulting from mixing a gas, typically from a gas leak, with air in the presence of an ignition ... Arkhangelsk explosion of 2004: In Arkhangelsk, Russia, on March 16, 2004, a gas explosion in an apartment killed 58 people. ... Richmond Hill explosion: a natural gas explosion in the Richmond Hill neighborhood of southern Indianapolis took place on ...
Entropic explosion - Wikipedia
An entropic explosion is an explosion in which the reactants undergo a large change in volume without releasing a large amount ... Rather, the explosion involves entropy burst, which is the result of the formation of 4 gas-phase molecules from every molecule ... The chemical decomposition of triacetone triperoxide (TATP) is an example of an entropic explosion. It is not a ... Experiments have shown that the explosion heat of TATP is about 2800 kJ/kg (about 70% of TNT) and that it acts as a usual ...
Turkey coal mine explosion
People mourn at graves for miners who died in Tuesdays mine disaster, at a cemetery in Soma, a district in Turkeys western province of Manisa May 18, 2014. Turkish police have detained 18 people, including mining company executives and personnel, as part of an investigation into last weeks mine disaster, CNN Turk and other broadcasters reported on Sunday. The rescue operation ended on Saturday after the bodies of the last two workers were carried out, bringing the death toll in Turkeys worst industrial accident to 301. REUTERS/Osman Orsal (TURKEY - Tags: DISASTER ...
Nuclear Explosions in Orbit - Scientific American
explosions - The Japan Times
Body found after explosion at Kyushu University in Fukuoka. An explosion occurred at Kyushu University in the city of Fukuoka ... Woman seized for string of explosions around Sapporo police station. Police arrest a 51-year-old woman in connection with a ... Two explosions at fireworks workshops outside Mexico City on Thursday killed at least 19 people, including rescue workers, and ... The explosion occurred at around 6:50 p.m. The burner was reportedly being used to ... ...
Brain explosions - Neurosurgery - MedHelp
There are no other symptoms associated with the explosions and it always happens in the wee hours of the morning. Its happened ... She had brain explosions too. The MRI & MRA were normal. Im perfectly healthy otherwise. Can anyone explain what is going on ... The second neurologist was a seasoned doctor who told he had heard of explosions in the brain although they do not know the ... There are no other symptoms associated with the explosions and it always happens in the wee hours of the morning. Its happened ...
Major Coal Mine Fires and Explosions in Pennsylvania
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 20000103 - Dust explosions overview.
The requirements for a dust explosion are: a combustible dust, dispersed in air, a concentration above the flammable limit, the ... This paper is an overview of and introduction to the subject of dust explosions. The purpose is to provide information that ... An explosion of a fuel in air involves the rapid oxidation of combustible material, leading to a rapid increase in temperature ... The violence of an explosion is related to the rate of energy release due to chemical reactions relative to the degree of ...
Preventing Phosphine Poisoning & Explosions during Fumigation | NIOSH | CDC
Fireworks explosion destroys Chinese highway
Get Color Explosion - Microsoft Store
iPod Nano battery explosions in Japan | TechRadar
Explosions, Clashes Leave 16 Dead in Egypt
Explosions trigger deadly panic in Nigeria - HISTORY
... explosions at a military depot in Lagos, Nigeria, trigger a stampede of fleeing people, during which more than 1,000 people are ... The explosions and fires caused a general panic in part of the city. Lagos has a large canal, the Oke-Afa, running north to ... The explosion was heard and felt 30 miles away and the tremors collapsed homes and broke windows as many as 10 miles away. ... Explosions continued throughout the night and into the following afternoon. Due to a lack of firefighters in Lagos, the blazes ...
Gas explosions erupt in multiple US towns
Dozens of explosions, apparently triggered by a natural gas pipeline rupture, rocked three communities near Boston, killing at ... Gas explosions erupt in multiple US towns Updated / Friday, 14 Sep 2018 11:13 ... Dozens of explosions, apparently triggered by a natural gas pipeline rupture, rocked three communities near Boston. ... Massachusetts State Police said a total of 70 fires, explosions or investigations of gas odour had been reported. ...
Tips to Help Avoid "Vape" Battery Explosions
Get safety tips to help you avoid a vape battery explosion. ... How Do I Report a Vape Battery Explosion to FDA?. FDA is aware ... The safety tips below may help you avoid a vape battery explosion. Please report a vape explosion or any other unexpected ... Please report a vape explosion, or any other unexpected health or safety issue with a vape, to the FDA through the Safety ... Although they appear rare, these explosions are dangerous. The exact causes of such incidents are not yet clear, but some ...
No link found between NYC, NJ explosions
Seven Die In Explosions During Nigeria Celebrations
Explosions Hit Central Nigeria City, Kill Dozens
Explosions in North Korea - RT World News
The South Korean military has reported that three apparent explosions were heard just north of the border that separates the ... The South Korean military has reported that three apparent explosions were heard just north of the border that separates the ... Speaking on condition of anonymity a South Korean military official said they might have been just normal explosions, ...
Shockwaves Light up Stellar Explosions - Sky & Telescope
Thermonuclear power sets off a type of stellar explosion known as a classical nova. New research explains the mechanism that ... One thought on "Shockwaves Light up Stellar Explosions" * Anthony Barreiro September 19, 2017 at 6:11 pm. This nova peaked at ... Researchers have found that shockwaves within the expanding shells of the explosion might be the source of most of a novas ... Thermonuclear power sets off a type of stellar explosion known as a classical nova. Now, new research explains the mechanisms ...
Preventing Dust Explosions - IFT.org
It is quite common to hear, "We dont feel that there is a dust explosion risk at our plant because we have been operating for ... How should decision makers at a food plant determine if they are at risk? One way is to look at the causes of dust explosions. ... Dust explosions are rare events, but they are highly complex and extremely difficult to predict. If you are handling large ... If you remain unsure of your situation, then it would be better to err on the side of safety and hire a qualified explosion ...
Gas explosions from fracking - SourceWatch
"The drilling industrys explosion problem," Mike Soraghan, EnergyWire, October 20, 2014.. *↑ "An Unseen Leak, Then Boom," ... A 2014 U.S. Chemical Safety Board investigation found 26 explosions and fires since 1983 at conventional oil and gas sites. The ... On January 17, 2001, an appliance store and two other buildings ignited and an explosion shattered windows for blocks. Three ... explosions killed 44 members of the public and injured 25 others. ...
'Explosions' next to commuter train forces passengers to...
Massive fire, explosions strike Magnablend plant - Dallas Business Journal
Nuclear Explosion | Ready.gov
A nuclear weapon is a device that uses a nuclear reaction to create an explosion. Nuclear devices range from a small portable ... A nuclear explosion may occur with or without a few minutes warning. ... Nuclear explosions can cause significant damage and casualties from blast, heat, and radiation but you can keep your family ... Nuclear Explosion Nuclear explosions can cause significant damage and casualties from blast, heat, and radiation but you can ...
mine explosion - Hartford Courant
2010 during Sunday a worship service held to mourn and commemorate the 29 miners who were killed in an explosion at Massey ... 2010 during Sunday a worship service held to mourn and commemorate the 29 miners who were killed in an explosion at Massey ... 2010 during Sunday a worship service held to mourn and commemorate the 29 miners who were killed in an explosion at Massey ... 2010 during Sunday a worship service held to mourn and commemorate the 29 miners who were killed in an explosion at Massey ...
Correction: Plant Explosion story
... three days after an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas. The massive explosion at the West Fertilizer Co. Wednesday ... three days after an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas. The massive explosion at the West Fertilizer Co. Wednesday ... Correction: Plant Explosion story. Associated Press Monday, April 22, 2013 div" data-cycle-timeout="0" data-cycle-next=".media- ... The explosion at the West Fertilizer Co. rocketed shrapnel across several blocks and left what assistant state fire marshal ...
Fires and Explosions2018Series of explosions and firesDozensIndustrial explosionsTwitterDeadlyNewsDust explosionTwin explosionsBiggest explosionsBattery explosionsFireMassiveAfternoonLeakInvestigatorsInvestigationOfficialsFertilizer plantNUCLEAR EXPLOSIONFirefightersGunfireReutersOccurBlastFlamesIndianaHuge explosionPipeline explosionPowerful explosionTypicallyIncidentsDustsLeaksHeard1986Cause of the explosionLoudNortheasternThermonuclearEarthquakePeople1970Footage2016LawrenceIncidentInvestigationsBeirutFrequentCatastrophic
Fires and Explosions1
- Electronic Cigarette Fires and Explosions. (fda.gov)
- Boston explosions may refer to: Boston Marathon bombing, 2013 Massachusetts gas explosions, 2018 This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Boston explosions. (wikipedia.org)
- A $56 million settlement between Massachusetts and the natural gas utility found responsible for a series of explosions and fires in the state in 2018 was approved by the state Department of Public Utilities. (insurancejournal.com)
- The explosions in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover in September 2018 killed one person, injured almost two dozen and damaged more than 100 buildings. (insurancejournal.com)
Series of explosions and fires1
- Fire investigators suspected 'over-pressurisation of a gas main' belonging to Columbia Gas of Massachusetts led to the series of explosions and fires, Andover Fire Chief Michael Mansfield told a news conference. (rte.ie)
- Two explosions at fireworks workshops outside Mexico City on Thursday killed at least 19 people, including rescue workers, and injured dozens more, officials said, in the latest deadly blast to hit a town known for its fireworks production. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Dozens of explosions, apparently triggered by a natural gas pipeline rupture, rocked three communities near Boston. (rte.ie)
- In January, a popular telecoms market in the city was rocked with explosion, leaving dozens of people dead. (france24.com)
- Dozens of houses in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover caught fire from the natural gas explosions. (usatoday.com)
- Huge explosions at a warehouse for hazardous chemicals killed dozens of people and turned nearby buildings into shells in the Chinese port of Tianjin on Aug. 12, 2015. (chicagotribune.com)
- Dozens of miners were killed in an explosion at Massey Energy Company's Upper Big Branch Coal Mine April 5. (dailypress.com)
- In industrial explosions many other gases, like hydrogen , as well as evaporated (gaseous) gasoline (American English)/petrol (British English) or ethanol play an important role. (wikipedia.org)
- First 911 caller reported 20 foot flames and there is additional reports of explosions," fire officials said via Twitter. (sfgate.com)
- Police in Austin say 'similarities' between two deadly package explosions in Texas' capital city this month lead them to believe the incidents are related. (freerepublic.com)
- Two deadly explosions on Saturday rocked the northern Nigerian city of Maiduguri, a stronghold of the radical Islamist Boko Haram group, residents said. (france24.com)
- Federal investigators probing the deadly natural gas explosions that rocked three northern Massachusetts towns last month are blaming faulty work orders given to the work crews by the local utility. (usatoday.com)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. said Thursday its polishing workshops in China resumed operation this week after an investigation into a deadly combustible dust explosion that killed three and injured 15 workers last month. (thenextweb.com)
- Sky News showed a picture of a mangled red bus with its top collapsed, and police said they suspected a bomb caused the explosion. (thestar.com.my)
- Jay Kumar, owner of a news agent near the site of the bus blast in Russell Square in Central London, said he ran out of his shop when he heared a loud explosion. (thestar.com.my)
- Italy's European commissioner was quoted as saying by Italian news agencies that the explosions were a terrorist strike against Europe. (thestar.com.my)
- A methane gas and dust explosion resulted in the deaths of 195 men. (wikipedia.org)
- An industrial blast Friday that left one man dead and 11 other people injured in Fuji, Shizuoka Prefecture, might have been caused by a dust explosion, plant officials said. (japantimes.co.jp)
- The requirements for a dust explosion are: a combustible dust, dispersed in air, a concentration above the flammable limit, the presence of a sufficiently energetic ignition source, and some confinement. (cdc.gov)
- It is quite common to hear, "We don't feel that there is a dust explosion risk at our plant because we have been operating for 20 years and have never had a problem. (ift.org)
- Witnesses said thick smoke enveloped the sky after the twin explosions, which occurred just two minutes apart in a crowded market. (france24.com)
- As the train pulled into Berrylands station people left the train, but that was when the biggest explosions happened. (telegraph.co.uk)
- With the potential energy of 25 hundred trillion trillion nuclear weapons, they can outshine entire galaxies, producing some of the biggest explosions ever seen, and helping track distances across the cosmos. (princeton.edu)
- Until all vapes and vape batteries conform to strong and consistent safety standards, your best protection against vape battery explosions may be knowing as much as possible about your device and how to properly handle and charge its batteries. (fda.gov)
- Four square blocks of downtown Richmond, Indiana are heavily damaged by the explosion or subsequent fire. (wikipedia.org)
- An ATF agent and other investigators look down a hole in an alley near JJ's restaurant after an explosion and fire tore through the establishment Tuesday evening near the Country Club Plaza Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, in Kansas City, Mo. (yahoo.com)
- A team of Japanese specialists are expected to arrive in Taiwan on Sunday to help treat burn victims from last month's explosion and fire at a water park, which killed three people and injured around 500, the island's health authorities said. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Don't remove or disable safety features-like fire button locks or vent holes-that are designed to prevent battery overheating and explosions. (fda.gov)
- P assengers on a packed commuter train were forced to flee when they heard several 'explosions' and saw a fire flare up alongside the carriage. (telegraph.co.uk)
- A large fire and series of explosions Monday afternoon destroyed a Magnablend chemical plant in Waxahachie, sending a large cloud of black smoke into the air and closing U.S. Highway 287 near the plant. (bizjournals.com)
- Texas and U.S. flags hang from a fire truck ladder above the West Volunteer Fire Department Saturday, April 20, 2013, three days after an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas. (bostonherald.com)
- WEST, Texas - In an April 21 story about the explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant, The Associated Press misspelled the assistant state fire marshal's name. (bostonherald.com)
- The explosion at the West Fertilizer Co. rocketed shrapnel across several blocks and left what assistant state fire marshal Kelly Kistner described Sunday as "a large crater. (bostonherald.com)
- Nearly 70 federal and state investigators are still trying to determine what caused the fire that set off the explosion, Kistner said. (bostonherald.com)
- Firefighters and emergency workers in bright yellow jackets kneeled in the pews as the Rev. Boniface Onjefu recalled driving toward the fire after the explosion rattled his house. (bostonherald.com)
- MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) - Gun fire and explosions have echoed through a city in Nigeria's northeast that's home to a radical Islamist sect. (salon.com)
- BURLESON COUNTY, Texas - A Wednesday morning pipeline explosion and fire has been contained, but residents in two counties reported seeing the glow from the fire. (bing.com)
- REFUGIO, Texas - A natural gas pipeline explosion and fire in Refugio shook homes up to 60 miles away early Wednesday morning. (bing.com)
- Yassin Salhi, 35, the man arrested inside the factory after smashing into liquid gas canisters causing an explosion and fire, managed to enter the sensitive site in a vehicle belonging to the company and which had security clearance to do so. (telegraph.co.uk)
- If concrete mixtures which produce hydrogen are to be used in civil engineering projects, the risk of fire and explosion must be assessed. (hse.gov.uk)
- A natural gas explosion erupted into a massive ball of fire near Salem Township, Pennsylvania, this morning. (go.com)
- Because there was a smaller fire, many cameras were on when the second explosion started. (joannenova.com.au)
- I can't stress enough that we need to follow the rules and regulations when it comes to natural gas," said Plainfield Fire Territory Chief Joel Thacker, who worked the Camby explosion and fire. (indystar.com)
- In the case of West Fertilizer, it held 270 tons of ammonium nitrate without reporting to DHS, which meant that the plant had no sprinklers, fire alarms or blast walls, all of which could have prevented the fire that broke out at the plant from becoming an explosion. (msnbc.com)
- The explosion Tuesday at the plant in Zhangzhou, close to the Taiwan Strait, was sparked by a fire, Xinhua reported. (yahoo.com)
- A fire official in Zhangzhou city, who gave only his surname, Tu, confirmed the predawn explosion. (yahoo.com)
- An underground fire sparked a massive explosion that virtually destroyed a vast maze of mines. (history.com)
- Fears surrounding the nitrogen-based fertilizer forced firefighters to back away from the fire they were fighting before the massive explosion occurred. (businessinsider.com)
- PARIS - A powerful explosion and fire apparently caused by a gas leak at a Paris bakery Saturday injured several people, blasted out windows and overturned cars, police said. (bing.com)
- (CNN) -- Search crews found a second body in the ruins of a furniture store destroyed by a gas explosion in Wayne, Michigan, the city's fire chief said early Thursday. (cnn.com)
- It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air," she said. (thestar.com.my)
- These findings not only explain the mystery of superluminous novae, but they also offer a testbed to understand other mighty astrophysical explosions powered by similar shockwaves, such as the superluminous supernovae that occur when massive or exotic stars reach the end of their lives. (skyandtelescope.com)
- The massive explosion at the West Fertilizer Co. Wednesday night killed 14 people and injured more than 160. (bostonherald.com)
- Leicester police say that a massive explosion destroyed a building on Hinckley Road which reportedly housed a Polish shop called the Western Park Store, as well as a private home. (freerepublic.com)
- A MASSIVE explosion in the Belgian city of Antwerp has destroyed two buildings, leaving people trapped in the rubble. (freerepublic.com)
- For scientists, supernovae are true superstars -- massive explosions of huge, dying stars that shine light on the shape and fate of the universe. (princeton.edu)
- This sequence shows stages of a massive explosion of a huge, dying star. (princeton.edu)
- On June 25, a massive explosion, seen many miles away in Tehran, burned a hillside near a missile complex at Khojir. (jpost.com)
- The Cleveland East Ohio Gas Explosion occurred on the afternoon of Friday, October 20, 1944. (wikipedia.org)
- Explosions continued throughout the night and into the following afternoon. (history.com)
- Federal and state environmental officials reportedly were either at or en route to the scene Monday afternoon. (bizjournals.com)
- Multiple houses were damaged Thursday afternoon from gas explosions and fires triggered by a problem with a gas line that feeds homes in several communities north of Boston. (usatoday.com)
- ROBERTSON COUNTY (JANUARY 9, 2016) Multiple agencies were responding to a Saturday afternoon gas pipeline explosion in Robertson County, 13 miles east of Franklin. (bing.com)
- HOUSTON (Reuters) - A natural gas pipeline explosion in North Texas killed three people on Monday afternoon, according to local media reports. (bing.com)
- COLOMBO -- Twelve foreign tourists, including some Chinese, were injured in an explosion in the Maldivian capital of Male Saturday afternoon, the Maldivian government said. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- It was one of multiple houses that went up in flames on Thursday afternoon after gas explosions and fires triggered by a problem with a gas line that feeds homes in several communities north of Boston. (foxbusiness.com)
- A gas explosion is an explosion resulting from mixing a gas , typically from a gas leak , with air in the presence of an ignition source. (wikipedia.org)
- The New London School explosion occurred on March 18, 1937, when a natural gas leak caused an explosion, destroying the New London School of the city of New London, Texas . (wikipedia.org)
- The resulting gas leak, explosion and fires killed 130 people and destroyed a one square mile area on Cleveland, Ohio 's east side. (wikipedia.org)
-  The cause was an explosion following a propane tank leak. (wikipedia.org)
- April 7- A six-year-old boy was killed and at least 13 people were injured today in an explosion that apparently resulted from a leak of a large amount of liquefied petroleum gas from a pipeline outside this east central Texas town. (bing.com)
- An explosion at a nuclear power station on Saturday destroyed a building housing the reactor, but a radiation leak was decreasing despite fears of a meltdown from damage caused by a powerful earthquake and tsunami. (sify.com)
- As many as 300 people were evacuated after the explosion and a second reported leak in a neighborhood adjoining the furniture store in the suburban Detroit city. (cnn.com)
- Before the explosion, a Consumers Energy gas worker was two blocks away investigating the reported gas leak, Dodd said. (cnn.com)
- Federal investigators probing the natural gas explosions that rocked Massachusetts last month are blaming faulty work orders given from Columbia Gas. (usatoday.com)
- Federal investigators blamed the explosions on overpressurized gas lines. (insurancejournal.com)
- He said investigators will try to determine whether those sensors played any role in Thursday's explosions and fires. (foxbusiness.com)
- A 2014 U.S. Chemical Safety Board investigation found 26 explosions and fires since 1983 at conventional oil and gas sites. (sourcewatch.org)
- The investigation into the explosion of the West Fertilizer Plant in West, Texas appears to have taken something of a turn. (esquire.com)
- This document has been produced to provide information on an explosion involving foamed concrete and provide interim advice whilst HSE continues its investigation. (hse.gov.uk)
- The investigation into the Boston-area natural gas explosions is partially focused on pressure sensors that were connected to a gas line that was being taken out of service shortly before the blasts, the head of the National Transportation Safety Board said Sunday. (foxbusiness.com)
- The manufacturer immediately shut down the plant to conduct an internal investigation at the factory, with report suggesting that the incident may have been caused by the explosion of the central air conditioning system in the building. (thenextweb.com)
- Federal officials say the investigation into the Boston-area natural gas explosions is partially focused on pressure sensors that were connected to a gas line that was being taken out of service shortly before the blasts. (nationalpost.com)
- The explosions caused officials to shut down the entire bus and underground transport network. (thestar.com.my)
- In fact, it turned out that city officials had told the military to modernize the facility the year before, following a small explosion, but that virtually nothing had been done. (history.com)
- On Saturday, he said officials will be looking at how local Columbia Gas officials responded to a 'pressure increase' in the Lawrence area that was detected at the company's pipeline control center in Columbus, Ohio, prior to the explosions and fires. (foxbusiness.com)
- An explosion at a coal mine in western Turkey has left at least 201 workers dead and scores injured, officials say. (bbc.co.uk)
- Electricity was restored to nearly all homes and businesses, but gas service will remain shut off while officials continue investigating what caused Thursday's explosions and fires. (nationalpost.com)
- Officials said it appeared Columbia Gas' pipeline control centre in Columbus, Ohio, registered a pressure increase in the Lawrence area before the explosions. (nationalpost.com)
- High level officials in the government speaking about the June 30 explosion also highlighted the mystery of it. (jpost.com)
- A sign is seen on a car window as residents wait to enter a damaged neighborhood Saturday, April 20, 2013, three days after an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas. (bostonherald.com)
- Lost in the coverage of the tragedy in Boston earlier this month was the explosion of a fertilizer plant in West, Texas, that killed 14 people and injured 160. (msnbc.com)
- A nuclear explosion may occur with or without a few minutes warning. (ready.gov)
- Nuclear explosion s since 1945 have injected additional radioactivities into the environment, consisting of both nuclear fission products and secondary products formed by the action of neutrons from nuclear weapons on surrounding matter. (britannica.com)
- After an explosion, the energy travels through the Earth as waves that seismometers at U.S. and international ground stations associated with nuclear explosion monitoring organizations detect. (lanl.gov)
- The results confirmed that cockroaches can survive a nuclear explosion - but only to a point, as none of the critters in the 100,000 rad group made it through. (discovery.com)
- But if the nuclear explosion was powerful enough, even these ancient critters couldn't continue on. (discovery.com)
- Several explosions and 20-foot flames ravaged three homes on Bethel Island while firefighters rushed to the scene and began to battle the inferno. (sfgate.com)
- Several explosions and huge flames shook Bethel Island on Thursday night, incinerating as many as three homes before firefighters rushed to the scene and began to fight the inferno. (sfgate.com)
- South African Judy Favish, who spent two days in Istanbul as a layover on her way home from Dublin, had just checked in when she heard an explosion followed by gunfire and a loud bang. (thestar.com)
- Reuters reporters heard explosions and saw black smoke rising near a Myanmar village. (reuters.com)
- On Monday, Reuters reporters saw fires and heard gunshots before the explosions near the Myanmar village of Taung Pyo Let Way. (reuters.com)
- ISTANBUL (Reuters) - An explosion outside a chamber of commerce building in Turkey's southern resort city of Antalya wounded several people on Tuesday but the mayor said there were no life-threatening injuries and the blast may have been an accident. (reuters.com)
- A loud explosion rocked central Kabul early on Tuesday during rush hour, and a thick plume of black smoke could be seen rising from the vicinity of the sprawling US embassy in the Afghan capital, witnesses told Reuters. (indiatimes.com)
- According to a Reuters report , the explosion caused only "minor" damage. (webpronews.com)
- LONDON (AP) - Near simultaneous explosions rocked the London subway and a double-decker bus at the morning rush hour Thursday, police said, causing at least two deaths, injuring scores of riders and sending bloodied victims fleeing from debris-strewn blast sites. (thestar.com.my)
- Nuclear explosions can cause significant damage and casualties from blast, heat, and radiation but you can keep your family safe by knowing what to do and being prepared if it occurs. (ready.gov)
- Hall described the blast as "a tremendous explosion" and said he saw high flames and debris floating in the air. (usatoday.com)
- Natural gas pipeline explosions: Could they happen here in Indiana? (indystar.com)
- About once a year gas line damage led to an explosion in Indiana. (indystar.com)
- They lost what they call home': Danger of natural gas explosions lurks just beneath surface About once a year gas line damage led to an explosion in Indiana. (indystar.com)
- About once a year - eight times in eight years - gas line damage led to an explosion in Indiana, a federal pipeline safety agency reports. (indystar.com)
- Fifty years after the Richmond explosions, Indiana stands over one of the largest natural gas pipeline systems in the country. (indystar.com)
- This is my video footage of the gas pipeline explosion in Edison NJ (March 1994). (youtube.com)
- Realize, too, that dust explosions are typically over in 100 milliseconds or less. (ift.org)
- The exact causes of such incidents are not yet clear, but some evidence suggests that battery-related issues may lead to vape explosions. (fda.gov)
- Three mysterious incidents, linked by explosions - at least two of them at secretive nuclear and weapons facilities - have rocked Iran in the past week. (jpost.com)
- This leads to key questions about why so many explosions or incidents have affected key aspects of Iran's military-industrial complex. (jpost.com)
- The explosion at the medical center may be less mysterious than the Natanz and Khojir incidents because it is not immediately clear what links it to Iran's clandestine military programs. (jpost.com)
- In this paper, the explosion characteristics of combustible dusts will be compared and contrasted to those of flammable gases. (cdc.gov)
- Environmental disasters include toxic air releases, spills into waterways, radiological leaks and even natural gas explosions. (indystar.com)
- Waco police said that air quality in West is not an issue and the hospitals say that complaints of eye irritation have all but stopped, but the Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman D.L. Wilson told residents to remain indoors because of the threat of new explosions or leaks of ammonia from the plant's ruins. (businessinsider.com)
- The second neurologist was a seasoned doctor who told he had heard of explosions in the brain although they do not know the cause. (medhelp.org)
- The explosion was heard and felt 30 miles away and the tremors collapsed homes and broke windows as many as 10 miles away. (history.com)
- The South Korean military has reported that three apparent explosions were heard just north of the border that separates the two Koreas, as well as in an area where North Korean troops are stationed. (rt.com)
- The fighting began Monday in the city of Maiduguri, with at least three major explosions heard in a popular market in the city. (salon.com)
- Aimee Montgomery, a Bethel Island resident, was in Oakley getting her 13-year-old son a haircut when she heard the explosion. (sfgate.com)
- I was a good distance away and I heard the explosion. (sfgate.com)
- Ray Hall, owner of Hall Electrical Services, a business near the explosion, said he and others were inside their building when they heard a large boom. (usatoday.com)
- 24 March 1986 Loscoe gas explosion - no fatalities but extensive property destruction, this caused the UK Government to legislate on landfill sites and building practices with regard to landfill gas migration . (wikipedia.org)
Cause of the explosion3
- The cause of the explosion remains unknown. (freerepublic.com)
- The cause of the explosion was ignition of the flammable gas hydrogen evolved from foamed concrete. (hse.gov.uk)
- Although the exact cause of the explosion is still unknown, reports show that the plant lacked adequate regulations and failed to report its large quantity of the potentially explosive chemical, ammonium nitrate. (msnbc.com)
- The man described the explosion as a loud noise like a tornado. (go.com)
- A shattered window frames the site of an explosion at a port warehouse in northeastern China's Tianjin municipality. (chicagotribune.com)
- Thermonuclear power sets off a type of stellar explosion known as a classical nova. (skyandtelescope.com)
- When a white dwarf in a binary system draws too much hydrogen gas from its companion star, it ends up choking on its meal: The stolen-gas envelope becomes dense enough that hydrogen atoms begin to fuse, producing a runaway thermonuclear explosion. (skyandtelescope.com)
- first thermonuclear weapon The explosion from the first thermonuclear weapon (hydrogen bomb), code-named Mike, which was detonated at Enewetak atoll in the Marshall Islands, November 1, 1952. (britannica.com)
- The U.S. Geological Survey registered the explosion as powerful as a 2.1-magnitude earthquake, and early estimates put the cost of the damage at more than $100 million. (msnbc.com)
- LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Shares in the U.K. found their footing Thursday, recovering losses following four explosions or attempted explosions reported on three subway stations and a bus, just two weeks after nearly identical attacks killed more than 50 people. (marketwatch.com)
- On this day in 2002, explosions at a military depot in Lagos, Nigeria, trigger a stampede of fleeing people, during which more than 1,000 people are killed. (history.com)
- Multiple explosions have killed at least seven people in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, as a ceremony was being held to mark the country's 50th anniversary of independence. (rferl.org)
- BEIJING-At least 17 people were killed Wednesday by gas explosions at a southern China auto-parts factory owned by one of the world's largest suppliers of parts for heavy commercial vehicles, state media said. (wsj.com)
- There was an explosion which injured two people in August 2009. (hse.gov.uk)
- The storm left about 4,000 people without power , and Luenser said that the explosions lasted for about 25 minutes. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Since there are now well past 5 billion people, the vast majority of the population explosion has taken place in less than a tenth of one percent of the history of Homo sapiens . (ditext.com)
- In April 8, 1970, a gas explosion that occurred during construction in Tenjimbashisuji Rokuchōme Station , Osaka Municipal Subway Tanimachi Line , Kita-ku, (formerly Oyodo district) Osaka , Japan, resulted in 79 persons dead, 420 persons injured and 495 houses and buildings burned and destroyed. (wikipedia.org)
- Watch footage of the explosions from Associated Press. (wsj.com)
- Tonilconrad posted video to Instagram on April 29, 2016 of a gas explosion in Pennsylvania. (go.com)
- Two young men comfort each other, Thursday, after a gas explosion destroyed a house on Chickering Street killing a teenager who was in his car in Lawrence, Mass. (usatoday.com)
- Children sleep as their families take shelter from the Red Cross at Arlington Middle School in Lawrence, Thursday, after a series of natural gas explosions that affected areas north of Boston. (usatoday.com)
- Massachusetts State Police said a total of 70 fires, explosions or investigations of gas odour had been reported. (rte.ie)
- KAZAN, Russia -- Police in Kazan, the capital of the Russian republic of Tatarstan, have launched investigations into an explosion that killed a man on November 20. (rferl.org)
- After seeing yesterday's Antares explosion, significant memories resurfaced in my mind about failure investigations. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Beirut port after explosion. (joannenova.com.au)
- This year the explosions have been frequent and disastrous, and the western steamboats are again fast earning their old character of "floating coffins. (scientificamerican.com)
- The volcano is still in a state of unrest, with frequent small explosions producing minor ash falls around Bulusan . (bigthink.com)