The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)
Orphan Drug Production
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Anniversaries and Special Events
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Public Health Informatics
Garbage, refuse, or sludge, or other discarded materials from a wastewater treatment plant, water supply treatment plant, and air pollution control facility that include solid, semi-solid, or contained material. It does not include materials dissolved in domestic sewage, irrigation return flows, or industrial discharges.
Medical Device Recalls
Notification or reporting by a physician or other health care provider of the occurrence of specified contagious diseases such as tuberculosis and HIV infections to designated public health agencies. The United States system of reporting notifiable diseases evolved from the Quarantine Act of 1878, which authorized the US Public Health Service to collect morbidity data on cholera, smallpox, and yellow fever; each state in the US has its own list of notifiable diseases and depends largely on reporting by the individual health care provider. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
European Continental Ancestry Group
Animal Testing Alternatives
Product Surveillance, Postmarketing
Emigration and Immigration
Medical Device Legislation
Economic aspects of the fields of pharmacy and pharmacology as they apply to the development and study of medical economics in rational drug therapy and the impact of pharmaceuticals on the cost of medical care. Pharmaceutical economics also includes the economic considerations of the pharmaceutical care delivery system and in drug prescribing, particularly of cost-benefit values. (From J Res Pharm Econ 1989;1(1); PharmacoEcon 1992;1(1))
Marketing of Health Services
Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
African Swine Fever
A sometimes fatal ASFIVIRUS infection of pigs, characterized by fever, cough, diarrhea, hemorrhagic lymph nodes, and edema of the gallbladder. It is transmitted between domestic swine by direct contact, ingestion of infected meat, or fomites, or mechanically by biting flies or soft ticks (genus Ornithodoros).
Equipment and Supplies
World Health Organization
Maximum Allowable Concentration
The maximum exposure to a biologically active physical or chemical agent that is allowed during an 8-hour period (a workday) in a population of workers, or during a 24-hour period in the general population, which does not appear to cause appreciable harm, whether immediate or delayed for any period, in the target population. (From Lewis Dictionary of Toxicology, 1st ed)
The future of tobacco product regulation and labelling in Europe: implications for the forthcoming European Union directive. (1/804)The European Commission has announced that it is considering legislation concerning further restrictions on cigarette tar and nicotine yields, as well as new provisions to regulate additives and the labelling of tobacco products. This report considers these issues and their relation to public health. In particular, we argue that further reductions in tar and nicotine yields as measured by the International Standards Organisation/Federal Trade Commission (ISO/FTC) method will be largely cosmetic and certainly misleading to consumers. If a new directive uses the ISO/FTC methodology as a basis for regulation, it risks lending further official support to the concept of "low tar" cigarettes, which may be used by smokers as an alternative to smoking cessation. Although new regulations based on the ISO/FTC methodology may appear to offer health gains, these will be illusory and there may even be negative health consequences, as has been the case with these tests up to the present. We therefore make the following recommendations for the way forward. (+info)
Epidemiological data of treated end-stage renal failure in the European Union (EU) during the year 1995: report of the European Renal Association Registry and the National Registries. (2/804)BACKGROUND: The new Centre Questionnaire, mainly based on the collection of epidemiological data, was launched in 1996 and the overall response rate of centres for the 15 countries constituting the European Union (EU) reached 82.2% (66-100%) for 1995. RESULTS: We could derive the following information for a general population of 372.6 million. In 1995, the incidence of new end-stage renal failure (ESRF) patients (Ni/P) was 120 p.m.p. (per million population) with a clear north to south/west gradient (69 in Ireland, 131 in Italy and 163 in Germany). The incidence of ESRF deaths (No/P) was 67 p.m.p. (from 35 in Ireland to 89 in Germany). The net increase of patients was therefore 53 p.m.p. (from 13 in Greece to 74 in Germany). The point prevalence of treated ESRF patients (Ns/P) alive on 31 December 1995 was 644 p.m.p. (from 444 in Finland to 773 in Italy). The mean increase in the stock of ESRF patients was +8.2% (4.6 to 13.0) as a linear rate and +0.085 as a fractional rate (exponential). The first treatment of new patients (Ni) was haemodialysis (HD; 81%), peritoneal dialysis (PD; 18%) and pre-emptive renal transplantation (Tx; 1%). The latest treatment for patients still alive was HD (58.5%), PD (9%) or functional Tx (32.5%). The number of Tx was 30 p.m.p. (from 14 in Greece to 45 in Spain). The death rate was 10.4% for all those with ESRF, with 14.4% for those dialysed and 2.2% for transplanted patients. In 1995, 6.5% of dialysed patients received a graft and 4.0% of transplant patients returned to dialysis. The linear expansion rate of the dialysis pool and the transplant pool was respectively 8.3% and 7.9%. CONCLUSIONS: This data shows considerable disparities among countries of the EU which merit further evaluation. Also this analysis by the ERA Registry provides data of value for health and economic purposes. (+info)
Genetically modified organisms: an analysis of the regulatory framework currently employed within the European Union. (3/804)BACKGROUND: Genetic engineering technology is starting to bring many commercial products to the market. These genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and their derived products are subject to topical debate as to their benefits and risks. The strengths and weaknesses of the regulatory framework that controls their development and application is central to the question of whether this technology poses significant risk to the public health during this critical phase of its evolution. METHODS: A critical review was carried out of the legal framework regulating the contained use, deliberate release and some aspects of consumer protection relevant to the control of GMOs in Europe and the United Kingdom. RESULTS: The current legal framework is failing to provide a speed of adaptation commensurate with the development of the science of genetic engineering; failing to properly respond to democratic control; failing to resolve significant conflict between the protection of free markets and protection of public health and the environment; and failing to implement obligations on biodiversity. CONCLUSION: The present legal framework must be replaced. Current European Union proposals for new standards of regulation are welcome, but provide only for further incremental change, and do not address some significant fundamental flaws in our current laws. (+info)
A new questionnaire for the repeat of the first stage of the European Community Respiratory Health Survey: a pilot study. (4/804)In the early 1990s a multicentre survey on asthma was performed on the young adult population (European Community Respiratory Health Survey - ECRHS). This study is to be repeated in order to estimate changes in the prevalence of asthma-like symptoms during the last decade and to assess the social and economic costs of the disease and their variations among countries. The self-administered questionnaire devised for this purpose is a two-page questionnaire. The first page contains the same items as those used in the first survey with four additional questions related to: 1) the frequency and severity of asthma attacks; 2) the presence of chronic bronchitis; 3) smoking habits; and 4) a visual analogue scale assessing perception of outdoor pollution. The second page aims to collect information regarding the direct and indirect costs of asthma. The influence of the length of the questionnaire on the response rate was assessed in a pilot study in Italy. Two random samples of 150 subjects received either the one-page questionnaire (first page) or the two-page questionnaire. The response rate was compared with that obtained from the first postal wave in the 1991-1992 survey. Although the response rate was unchanged when using the one-page questionnaire (45% versus 45%), it decreased by 7% when the two-page questionnaire was used (38% versus 45%). On the basis of these results, no problem should arise if four more questions are added to the one-page questionnaire. The slight reduction in the response rate of the two-page questionnaire is worrying but could be corrected by the use of telephone interviews. (+info)
Development of orphan vaccines: an industry perspective. (5/804)The development of vaccines against rare emerging infectious diseases is hampered by many disincentives. In the face of growing in-house expenditures associated with research and development projects in a complex legal and regulatory environment, most pharmaceutical companies prioritize their projects and streamline their product portfolio. Nevertheless, for humanitarian reasons, there is a need to develop niche vaccines for rare diseases not preventable or curable by other means. The U.S. Orphan Drug Act of 1983 and a similar proposal from the European Commission (currently under legislative approval) provide financial and practical incentives for the research and development of drugs to treat rare diseases. In addition, updated epidemiologic information from experts in the field of emerging diseases; increased disease awareness among health professionals, patients, and the general public; a list of priority vaccines; emergence of a dedicated organization with strong leadership; and the long-term pharmacoeconomic viability of orphan products will be key factors in overcoming the complexity of orphan status and the limited need for vaccine. (+info)
Possibilities for regulatory actions in the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders. (6/804)This review argues that there is a need for regulatory action against work-related musculoskeletal disorders. Designing such regulation is fraught with problems, such as insufficient knowledge about mechanisms and exposure-dose-response relationships, and lack of consensus on definitions. The multifactorial character of the disorders, especially risks involving work organization, further increases the problems. Nevertheless, regulation is necessary because of the poor results of voluntary prevention and the large costs of these disorders. Some major regulations are reviewed, and it is argued that there is insufficient scientific support for quantitative regulations proposed for some European norms. The recent Nordic ergonomic regulations for the prevention of work-related musculoskeletal disorders is a step forward, since they succeed in providing guidance, including some on work organizational issues, with only few quantitative measures. Researchers should become more involved in these activities, and priorities in future research that would benefit a more scientific approach to ergonomic regulation are indicated. (+info)
Occupational exposure to carcinogens in the European Union. (7/804)OBJECTIVES: To construct a computer assisted information system for the estimation of the numbers of workers exposed to established and suspected human carcinogens in the member states of the European Union (EU). METHODS: A database called CAREX (carcinogen exposure) was designed to provide selected exposure data and documented estimates of the number of workers exposed to carcinogens by country, carcinogen, and industry. CAREX includes data on agents evaluated by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) (all agents in groups 1 and 2A as of February 1995, and selected agents in group 2B) and on ionising radiation, displayed across the 55 industrial classes. The 1990-3 occupational exposure was estimated in two phases. Firstly, estimates were generated by the CAREX system on the basis of national labour force data and exposure prevalence estimates from two reference countries (Finland and the United States) which had the most comprehensive data available on exposures to these agents. For selected countries, these estimates were then refined by national experts in view of the perceived exposure patterns in their own countries compared with those of the reference countries. RESULTS: About 32 million workers (23% of those employed) in the EU were exposed to agents covered by CAREX. At least 22 million workers were exposed to IARC group 1 carcinogens. The exposed workers had altogether 42 million exposures (1.3 mean exposures for each exposed worker). The most common exposures were solar radiation (9.1 million workers exposed at least 75% of working time), environmental tobacco smoke (7.5 million workers exposed at least 75% of working time), crystalline silica (3.2 million exposed), diesel exhaust (3.0 million), radon (2.7 million), and wood dust (2.6 million). CONCLUSION: These preliminary estimates indicate that in the early 1990s, a substantial proportion of workers in the EU were exposed to carcinogens. (+info)
A survey of undergraduate orthodontic education in 23 European countries. (8/804)This paper reports on a survey of teaching contents and time allocation within the undergraduate orthodontic curriculum in European countries in 1997, and on whether or not these countries set a formal undergraduate examination in orthodontics. A questionnaire and an explanatory letter were mailed to all members of the EURO-QUAL BIOMED II project. Answers were validated during a meeting of project participants and by fax when necessary. Completed questionnaires, which were subsequently validated, were returned by orthodontists from 23 countries. They indicated that orthodontics was taught in all undergraduate curriculums of the countries surveyed. The number of hours in the undergraduate curriculum devoted to orthodontics was reported as varying from 135 to 500 hours with a mean of 245 hours. The time reported as allocated to theory, clinical practice, laboratory work, diagnosis, and treatment planning varied widely. In general, clinical practice and theory were reported as being allocated most curriculum hours, whilst diagnosis, laboratory work, and treatment planing were reported as receiving relatively less time. Removable appliances were reported to be taught in 22 of the 23 countries, functional appliances in 21 countries and fixed appliances in 17 countries. An undergraduate examination in orthodontics was reported by 20 countries. It was concluded that orthodontics occupies a small proportion of the undergraduate curriculum in dentistry in most countries, the emphasis is on theory and clinical work, and that removable appliances, functional appliances, and certain aspects of fixed appliances are taught in the majority of countries that responded to the questionnaire (+info)
The European Parliament Cross-Party Alliance on PKU - E.S.PKU
ESPKU is in charge of coordinating the European Parliament Cross-Party Alliance on PKU , which was launched in March 2020 .. What is the European Parliament Cross-Part Alliance in PKU?. Cross-Party Alliances, more commonly known as Interest Groups, bring together MEPs interested in a specific issue that they would like to actively champion. In other words, these Alliances function as internal advocacy/pressure groups within the European Parliament.. A wide variety of such groups is in existence, some more active than others; their influence can be sizeable as they can make use of various tools to put pressure - on the Committees that they are part of, on the European Commission…- such as amending Parliament reports, table Written Questions, organise hearings etc.. The Mission of the Cross-Party Alliance on PKU:. The European Parliament Cross-Party Alliance on PKU is an informal, internal European Parliament advocacy group aiming to bring together MEPs (and relevant (national) stakeholders) to ...
Prevention and assessment of infectious diseases among children and adult migrants arriving to the European Union/European...
The increase in refugees and other migrants from low-income and middle-income countries (LMICs) to the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) since 20111 has made the development of infectious disease guidance a public health priority for EU/EEA Member States. High mobility, poor living conditions, barriers to accessing healthcare and potential public health risks for newly arriving migrant populations and host populations are leading public health concerns. As a result, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) called for evidence-based guidance to support tailored public health approaches to health assessment (voluntary screening) and prevention (vaccination) among newly arrived migrants. This guidance aims to support public health and health system professionals to screen and treat international migrants.2. Migrant populations include economic migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and irregular migrants who may have been forced to flee conflict, natural disasters or ...
REPORT on the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the financial rules applicable to the...
on a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Regulations (EU) No 1305/2013, (EU) No 1306/2013, (EU) No 1307/2013, (EU) No 1308/2013 and (EU) No 652/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council (COM(2016)0605 - C8-0404/2017 - 2016/0282B(COD)). (Ordinary legislative procedure: first reading). The European Parliament,. - having regard to the Commission proposal to Parliament and the Council (COM(2016)0605),. - having regard to the decision by the Conference of Presidents on 16 November 2017 to split the Commission proposal and to authorise the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development to draw up a separate legislative report for the provisions pertaining to the remit of that committee, namely Articles 267 to 270 and 275 of the Commission proposal,. - having regard to Article 294(2) and (3) and Article 42, Article 43(2) and point (b) of Article 168(4) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,. - having regard to the opinion of the European Court of ...
European Union/European Economic Area Data Protection Notice for Patients and Other Individuals | ARUP Laboratories
ARUP Laboratories (ARUP) is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your medical and health information (protected health information), as described in this notice, and maintains the privacy of your protected health information as required by law. We have provided this notice to describe our privacy practices relating to protected health information, including how we may use your protected health information within ARUP and how, under certain circumstances, we may disclose it to others outside ARUP.
Blocked humanity - EURACTIV.com
The Dublin regulation, allocating asylum claims to the first port of call on a migrants journey, is unfit for purpose. The European Parliament has come to a shared position that guarantees fair treatment of refugees and shared responsibility in the EU. Now its up to member states to do their share, writes Cornelia Ernst.. Dr. Cornelia Ernst is an MEP for the German party DIE LINKE since 2009. She is a spokesperson for her parliamentary delegation and a member of the LIBE committee of the European Parliament. In preparing the new Dublin reform, Ernst was the shadow rapporteur for the left-wing group in the European Parliament GUE/NGL.. Thirty-seven years ago, twelve EU member states, including Germany, signed a treaty under international law to regulate which EU member state would be responsible for examining an asylum application. The agreement was named after the place of its signature, Dublin.. The rules entered into force in 1997 and since then, the EU member state that was first entered by ...
Bellona debate in European Parliament puts spotlight on cities role in tackling air pollution crisis through clean mobility -...
Bellona Europa Director Jonas Helseth and BRALs Lievin Chemin, European Parliament, 23 Nov 2017 Credit: Bellona Europa These fuels use five times more electricity than an electric car to travel the same distance, and have all the same qualities as fossil fuels, such as CO2 and air polluting NOx and PM. Labelling synthetic fuels as renewable and including them in the RED poses a direct threat to electro-mobility uptake on the continent, warned Helseth.. Another key piece of legislation is the currently reformed Clean Vehicles Directive, which offers a once-in-a-decade opportunity to enforce an effective tool for the public procurement of clean transport fleets. In the coming months, discussions on this piece of legislation will be getting underway in the European Parliament and EU Member States. When it comes to the implementation of the directives requirements, however, it comes down to cities and public authorities.. Brussels needs to step up action The debate thus provided a zoom into ...
European Parliament: Facts and Figures - Think Tank
This Briefing, published by the European Parliamentary Research Service, is designed to provide key facts and figures about the European Parliament, both today and in previous terms since direct elections were introduced in June 1979. On the following pages you will find graphics of various kinds which: -detail the composition of the European Parliament now and in the past; -trace the increase in the number of parties represented in the Parliament and show the evolution of political groups; -chart the rise in the number of women sitting in the Parliament; -explain the electoral systems used in elections to the Parliament across the Member States; -show how turnout in European elections compares with that in national elections; -summarise the activity of the Parliament in the 2009-14 term, and the start of the current term; -present the annual cost of the Parliament compared with other parliaments; -outline the composition of the Parliaments main governing bodies. This is an
Parliamentarians Prioritize Global Health Innovation in the European Parliament | Sabin
The following is a guest blog post from Andrea Corazza, European Advocacy Officer, Global Health Advocates, and was originally published on End the Neglect.*. Through its policies, legislation and bilateral/regional trade agreements, the European Union (EU) has a major impact on global health both in terms of research and development (R&D) of new and improved medicines for Poverty-Related and Neglected Diseases (PRNDs) and their accessibility to populations in developing countries.. To ensure that EU policies deliver a coherent, comprehensive and pro-active response to address these issues, Global Health Advocates and the Médecins Sans Frontières Access Campaign created the European Parliament Working Group on Innovation, Access to Medicines and Poverty-Related Diseases together with Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) back in 2009.. This Working Group provides a platform to ensure that global health issues remain high on the EU agenda and to advocate for the adoption of EU policies ...
Symbiosis International University catalog › Details for: EU Cartel Enforcement
TextSeries: International competition law series: v. 54.Publisher: Netherlands Kluwer Law International 2013Description: xxviii, 555 pages ; 25 cm.ISBN: 9789041147585.Other title: European Union cartel enforcement.Subject(s): Antitrust law -- European Union countries , Competition, Unfair -- European Union countries , Cartels -- European Union countries , Law enforcement -- European Union countries , Human rights -- European Union countriesDDC classification: 343.40721 ...
Review] Seroprevalence and susceptibility to hepatitis A in the European Union and European Economic Area: a systematic review ...
From BioPortfolio: Most of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) is considered a region of very low hepatitis A virus (HAV) endemicity; however, geographical di...
Members of European Parliament discuss food labeling and he... ( Members of the European Parliament H...)
Health, ...Members of the European Parliament Heart Group meet today 3 June in ... Given the alarming rate at which obesity is progressing especially a... Front of pack labelling should allow consumers to know at a glance wh...,Members,of,European,Parliament,discuss,food,labeling,and,heart,health,medicine,medical news today,latest medical news,medical newsletters,current medical news,latest medicine news
legislation-profile - ECHA
Decision No 2455/2001/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 November 2001 establishing the list of priority substances in the field of water policy and amending Directive 2000/60/EC Directive 2008/32/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2008 amending Directive 2000/60/EC establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy, as regards the implementing powers conferred on the Commission Directive 2008/105/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008 on environmental quality standards in the field of water policy, amending and subsequently repealing Council Directives 82/176/EEC, 83/513/EEC, 84/156/EEC, 84/491/EEC, 86/280/EEC and amending Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council Directive 2009/31/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009 on the geological storage of carbon dioxide and amending Council Directive 85/337/EEC, European Parliament and Council ...
Impact of Agri-environmental Schemes on Farm Performances in five EU Member States
Downloadable! Agri-environmental schemes (AES) of the European Union are the most important measure in terms of share on the public budget for Rural Development. Although the farmers uptake of AES is expected to strongly impact even farmers behavior, in the literature the attempts to investigate this impact are scarce. Our study applies a difference-in-differences propensity score matching estimator in order to perform a comparative analyses of the effects of AE measures on farmers practises and economic performances across five EU Member States. Results show differences in the AES effects across country as well as differences across farmers of the same country according to what extent the farm income is dependent on the AE payment. Our analyses suggests that the AE payment in Spain is not enough to compensate the large drop of the per hectare income after participation and the AE uptake does not seem to promote effectively environmental-friendly farm practises. In France and Italy the sustainable
Komorowski: Many EU member states want to end sanctions against Russia | UNIAN
Komorowski: Many EU member states want to end sanctions against Russia. View news feed in world news for 28 April from UNIAN Information Agency
The agri-food competitive performance in the EU countries: a fifteen years retrospective
Downloadable! The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the competitive performance of different European countries at sector level in the intra-EU market from 1995 to 2011, comparing food industry and agricultural sector. In particular, we aim to assess the effect of the EU enlargement (first period) and the economic crisis (second period) on the competitiveness of EU countries. The data come from the Eurostat database of international trade. The competitive performance of EU countries is measured through several trade indices, such as Export and Import Market Share, Revealed Comparative Advantage, Net Export Index, and Vollrath indices, analysing their values over the last fifteen years. Our analysis showed that, in the EU countries, agriculture and food industry do not reveal strong differences in competitive performance during the last fifteen years. Among big countries, France and Spain showed a continuous worsening competitive performance. A similar trend is found for Belgium. On the contrary, the
Johnson & Johnson Announces European Commission Approval of Agreement to Supply 200 Million Doses of Janssen s COVID-19...
New Brunswick, N.J., October 8, 2020 - Johnson &Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) (the Company) today announced the European Commission (EC), acting on behalf of the European Union (EU) Member States, has approved an Advance Purchase Agreement in which the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies will supply 200 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate to EU Member States following approval or authoriz...
EUR-Lex - 32019R1700 - EN - EUR-Lex
1) Position of the European Parliament of 16 April 2019 (not yet published in the Official Journal) and decision of the Council of 7 October 2019.. (2) Regulation (EC) No 223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2009 on European statistics and repealing Regulation (EC, Euratom) No 1101/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the transmission of data subject to statistical confidentiality to the Statistical Office of the European Communities, Council Regulation (EC) No 322/97 on Community Statistics, and Council Decision 89/382/EEC, Euratom establishing a Committee on the Statistical Programmes of the European Communities (OJ L 87, 31.3.2009, p. 164).. (3) Regulation (EU) No 1260/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 November 2013 on European demographic statistics (OJ L 330, 10.12.2013, p. 39).. (4) Regulation (EC) No 763/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 July 2008 on population and housing censuses (OJ L 218, ...
legislation-profile - ECHA
Corrigendum to Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 June 2009 on the safety of toys Commission Directive 2012/7/EU of 2 March 2012 amending, for the purpose of adaptation to technical progress, part III of Annex II to Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council relating to toy safety Commission Regulation (EU) No 681/2013 of 17 July 2013 amending part III of Annex II to Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the safety of toys Commission Directive 2014/79/EU of 20 June 2014 amending Appendix C of Annex II to Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the safety of toys, as regards TCEP, TCPP and TDCP Commission Directive 2014/81/EU of 23 June 2014 amending Appendix C of Annex II to Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the safety of toys, as regards bisphenol A Commission Directive 2014/84/EU of 30 June 2014 amending Appendix A of Annex II to ...
Roberto Gualtieri has been a member of the European Parliament since 2009, where he is the Chair of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs and a substitute member of the Committee on Constitutional Affairs (AFCO) and of the Committee on Foreign Affairs (AFET).. Within the European Parliament he held, among others, the following tasks. In 2010, he was the S&D Group negotiator within the European Parliament negotiating team on the creation of the European External Action Service. In 2011, he was co-rapporteur (with Elmar Brok) for the European Council decision amending Article 136 of the TFEU with regard to a stability mechanism for Member States whose currency is the euro. In 2011, he was member of the European Parliament negotiating team for the establishment of the Fiscal Compact.. In 2012, he was appointed S&D Group coordinator for the Committee on Constitutional Affairs (AFCO). In 2012, he was S&D negotiator for the European Parliament in the working group set up by Herman Van ...
PoultryWorld - EU member states decide to ban formaldehyde in poultry feed
European Union countries have this week backed a proposal by the European Commission to deny authorisation of formaldehyde as a feed additive, bringing to the end a 2 year saga.
EUR-Lex - tr0032 - EN - EUR-Lex
RELATED ACTS. Regulation (EC) No 552/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 March 2004 on the interoperability of the European Air Traffic Management network [Official Journal L 96 of 31.3.2004]. Regulation (EC) No 551/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 March 2004 on the organisation and use of the airspace in the single European sky [Official Journal L 96 of 31.3.2004]. Regulation (EC) No 550/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 March 2004 on the provision of air navigation services in the single European sky [Official Journal L 96 of 31.3.2004]. Regulation (EC) No 549/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 March 2004 laying down the framework for the creation of the Single European Sky (Framework Regulation) [Official Journal L 96 of 31.3.2004]. Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions Accelerating the implementation ...
European Food Laws 2005
Commission Regulation (EC) No 2074/2005 of 5 December 2005 laying down implementing measures for certain products under Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council and for the organisation of official controls under Regulation (EC) No 854/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council and Regulation (EC) No 882/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, derogating from Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council and amending Regulations (EC) No 853/2004 and (EC) No 854/2004 (OJ L338, 22.12.2005, page 27) ...
share via email
Individuals with latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) are the reservoir of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a population and as long as this reservoir exists, elimination of tuberculosis (TB) will not be feasible. In 2013, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) started an assessment of benefits and risks of introducing programmatic LTBI control, with the aim of providing guidance on how to incorporate LTBI control into national TB strategies in European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) Member States and candidate countries. In a first step, experts from the Member States, candidate countries, and international and national organisations were consulted on the components of programmatic LTBI control that should be considered and evaluated in literature reviews, mathematical models and cost-effectiveness studies. This was done through a questionnaire and two interactive discussion rounds. The main components identified were identification and targeting of risk groups, determinants
share via email
Tuberculosis (TB) is decreasing in the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA), but remains a significant public health problem. Although pulmonary TB accounts for the majority of the cases and is the main transmissible form of the disease, extrapulmonary TB also contributes to the burden of disease and does not receive specific attention in international control strategies. We performed a descriptive analysis to assess the burden and trends of extrapulmonary TB in EU/EEA countries. During 2002-11, 167,652 cases of extrapulmonary TB were reported by the 30 Member States. Extrapulmonary TB accounted for 19.3% of all notified cases, ranging from 5.8% to 44.4% among the Member States. Overall, TB notification rates decreased in 2002-11 due to a decrease in pulmonary TB. Notification rates of extrapulmonary TB remained stable at 3.4 per 100,000 in 2002 and 3.2 per 100,000 in 2011. Thus the proportion of extrapulmonary TB increased from 16.4% in 2002 to 22.4% in 2011. Of all extrapulmonary TB cases
COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL. Towards a stronger European response to drugs -...
EUROPEAN COMMISSION Brussels, COM(2011) 689 final COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL Towards a stronger European response to drugs 1. A STRONGER EUROPEAN
The good news about tuberculosis (TB) is that in the 29 reporting European Union/European Economic Area countries the number of incident TB cases is falling, with an average annual decline of 6% since 2011 . The bad news is that, however you look at it, multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) and extensively drug-resistant TB (XDR-TB) remain a major clinical and public health problem worldwide, particularly in former Soviet Union countries and Central Asia [2-4]. Less than a quarter of the total estimated MDR-TB cases were actually diagnosed in 2012 , with dramatic consequences from an individual and a community perspective (i.e. increased morbidity, mortality and drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission). It was estimated that 450 000 incident patients developed MDR-TB and 170 000 died from MDR-TB. More than half of such cases die, fail or stop taking treatment and only one in three cases in reporting countries completes the long treatment course (,20 months). The treatment success ...
EU Directive 2010/63/EU - Wikipedia
EU Directive 2010/63/EU is the European Union (EU) legislation on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes and is one of the most stringent ethical and welfare standards worldwide. The Directive repealed EU Directive 86/609/EEC. It became formally applied across the EU on January 1, 2013. It protects live non-human vertebrates including independently feeding larval forms and foetal forms of mammals from the last third of their normal development, and live cephalopods. The Directive is based on the Council of Europe Convention for the Protection of Vertebrate Animals used for Experimental and other Scientific Purposes (ETS123) established in 1986. This Convention applies to a wider Europe, beyond just the EU. The Directive repealed EU Directive 86/609/EEC. It took nearly two years to revise, beginning in November 2008. It was finalised and signed on September 22, 2010, coming into force on November 9, 2010. Member States were then allowed one year to transpose it into their own ...
Surveillance and lab network
WHO/Europe and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) coordinate the collection and analysis of influenza surveillance data that are provided by Member States through designated laboratories (national influenza centres - NICs) and a national influenza focal point for epidemiological surveillance in each country.. The surveillance data are presented in Flu News Europe, the joint ECDC-WHO/Europe influenza surveillance bulletin, which describes and comments on influenza activity in the 53 Member States of the European Region, providing weekly updates for public health specialists, clinicians and the public on the timing of the influenza season, the spread of influenza, the prevalence and characteristics of circulating viruses (type, subtype and lineage, resistance to antiviral drugs) and their severity. In addition, these data are shared with WHO headquarters, contributing to the biweekly global influenza update.. Surveillance data from European Union/European Economic Area ...
European Food Safety Authority News Photos Videos - Rediff.com
Latest news - European Food Safety Authority, Photos - European Food Safety Authority, Videos - European Food Safety Authority.European Food Safety Authority updates on Rediff News
2009 European Parliament election in the Netherlands - Wikipedia
Under the Treaty of Lisbon, the Netherlands was to get a 26th seat in the European Parliament. Because this treaty had not yet been ratified by all member states at the time of the elections, this seat could not be given to a party at that time. The State Secretary for the Interior, Ank Bijleveld-Schouten, made a proposal for allocating it if the Lisbon treaty were to be ratified by all member states, but this had not been accepted by parliament at the time of the election. According to the proposal made by the government, the seat would be awarded to the Party for Freedom. The Party for the Animals contested this proposal, claiming that the minister ignored part of the Electoral Councils opinion. They raised their objection after the official results came in. Under the Electoral Councils opinion, the Party for the Animals should have gained the seat.. Several parties in the States-General had already stated that this changed the election rules after the elections, and, if the rules were to ...
The European Parliament calls for standards taking into account demographic ageing | AGE Platform
Last July 4, the European Parliament issued a resolution on the European Commissions standardisation package called European Standards for
Publications & Data | European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Carbapenem resistance in Enterobacteriaceae such as Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherichia coli poses a significant threat to patients and healthcare systems in all European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) countries. Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) infections are associated with high mortality, primarily due to delays in administration of effective treatment and the limited availability of treatment options. ...
DIRECTIVE 2009/38/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL - PDF
L 122/28 Official Journal of the European Union DIRECTIVE 2009/38/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 6 May 2009 on the establishment of a European Works Council or a procedure
European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Urban II programme: European Union contributes EURO 9.9 million for...
European Commission - Press Release details page - Brussels, 18 October 2001 The European Commission has approved a programme for urban regeneration in the urban district of Dudweiler in Saarbrücken, Germany. This URBAN(1) Community Initiative Programme will provide about € 9.9(2) million from the European Union over the period 2001-2006. The European funding has attracted € 12.6 million
European Parliament backs key treaties with Switzerland - SWI swissinfo.ch
The European Parliament has ratified seven key accords between the European Union and Switzerland. The agreements cover a range of issues, ...
European Parliament Committee on Employment and Social Affairs - Wikipedia
The Committee on Employment and Social Affairs (EMPL) is a committee of the European Parliament. Its current chair, elected on 7 July 2014, is Thomas Händel. It is responsible for overseeing employment discrimination law within the European Union, among other things. ...
Search | European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Protective measures for humans against avian influenza a(H5N8) outbreaks in 22 European Union/European economic area countries and Israel, 2016-17 ...
European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Speech by Vice-President Rehn at the Italian Parliament
European Commission - Press Release details page - European Commission Olli REHN Vice-President of the European Commission and member of the Commission responsible for Economic and Monetary Affairs and the Euro Rome 17 September, 2013 Onorevoli presidenti, onorevoli colleghi, Il dialogo con i parlamenti nazionali è un elemento chiave della nuova governance economica europea. Perciò sono davvero lieto
The Value of MedTech - European Parliament debate on heart failure: From early detection to better coordination | MedTech Europe
On 24th February 2016, the Italian Member of the European Parliament (MEP) Aldo Patriciello in collaboration with MedTech Europe* held a multi-stakeholder debate at the Parliament on the social and economic impact of heart failure.
FVE :::: Federation of Veterinarians of Europe :::: Veterinary EU Legislation
Directives. Directive 2009/53/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 June 2009 amending Directive 2001/82/EC and Directive 2001/83/EC, as regards variations to the terms of marketing authorisations for medicinal products. Directive 2009/9/EC of 10 February 2009 amending Directive 2001/82/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Community code relating to medicinal products for veterinary use.. Directive 2006/130/EC implementing Directive 2001/82/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the establishment of criteria for exempting certain veterinary medicinal products for food-producing animals from the requirement of a veterinary prescription.. Directive 2001/82/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 November 2001 on the Community code relating to veterinary medicinal products.. Directive 2004/28/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Directive 2001/82/EC on the Community code relating to veterinary medicinal ...
The SPC blog: November 2013
In the context of the European Economic Area (EEA), Article 13(1) of Regulation ... 469/2009 [on SPCs] must be interpreted as meaning that an administrative authorisation issued for a medicinal product by the Swiss Institute for Medicinal Products (SwissMedic), which is automatically recognised in Liechtenstein, must be regarded as the first authorisation to place that medicinal product on the market within the meaning of that provision in the European Economic Area where that authorisation predates marketing authorisations issued for the same medicinal product, either by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), or by the competent authorities of European Union Member States in accordance with the requirements laid down in Directive 2001/83/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 November 2001 on the Community code relating to medicinal products for human use, and with the requirements of the Republic of Iceland and the Kingdom of Norway. The fact that, on the basis of similar clinical ...
2015 European Parliament Written Declaration - EU Action on Dementia - Policy in Practice - Alzheimer Europe
A Written Declaration on Alzheimers disease was launched on 5 October 2015. The Written Declaration was launched by MEPs Dominique Bilde (France), Patricija Šulin (Slovenia), Ivo Vajgl (Slovenia), Luke Ming Flanagan (Ireland), Valentinas Mazuronis (Lithuania), Emilian Pavel (Romania), Ruža Tomašić (Croatia), Jarosław Kalinowski (Poland), Brian Hayes (Ireland), Romana Tomc (Slovenia), Sophie Montel (Fance), Enrique Calvet Chambon (Spain), Rolandas Paksas (Lithuania), Cristian-Silviu Buşoi (Romania), Aldo Patriciello (Italy), Philippe De Backer (Belgium), Ivan Štefanec (Slovenia), Filiz Hyusmenova (Bulgaria), Neoklis Sylikiotis (Cyprus), Mara Bizzotto (Italy) and gathered the support of 123 Members of the European Parliament.. Written declaration, under Rule 136 of Parliaments Rules of Procedure, on Alzheimers disease. 1. Alzheimers disease is an incurable neurodegenerative disease of the brain tissue that causes progressive and irreversible loss of mental functions, including ...
European Parliament Elections 2014 - Policy in Practice - Alzheimer Europe
At its Annual General Meeting in Malta on 10 October 2013, Alzheimer Europe and its member organisations adopted the European Dementia Pledge which they ask candidates at the forthcoming European elections in May 2014 to sign.. The Pledge was a simple commitment by the candidates to support the organisations campaign to make dementia a European priority and states: On my election to the European Parliament, I will. ...
European Parliament hearing on traceability of fish products / Market access / Topics / Fisheries / Home - Technical Centre...
Rules of origin issues have been discussed at a recent European Parliament Hearing on Traceability of fish products in the EU market. A representative of Eurothon, the European tuna-industry body, called for the partnership agreement which allows Papua New Guinea (PNG) to export globally sourced tuna products duty-free into the European market to be suspended, arguing that PNG might become a centre from which illegally caught tuna would be exported to the EU. A representative of DG Trade di...
European Parliaments biggest political party calls for EU-wide ban on Islamic face coverings
The European Peoples Party adopted the measure as an official policy at its annual congress in Malta earlier this week, claiming the ban should be introduced both for reasons of security and because seeing one anothers faces is an integral part of human interaction in Europe.. The EPP, a centre-right liberal conservative group which Jean-Claude Juncker represents, holds 216 seats in the 751 member European Parliament.. The group is affiliated with major governing parties including Angela Merkels EDU, the French Republicans and Spains Peoples Party.. The groups leader Manfred Weber told German media We want a total ban of face covering in the EU.. Mr Weber is a member of Angela Merkels CDU/CSU alliance in Germany.. Britains Conservative party was once a member of the EPP, but left to form the Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists in 2009, claiming the EPP was no longer eurosceptic enough.. The EPPs resolution, while not binding, does give a strong indication of the ...
Victory as European Parliament votes for sustainable fisheries! | WWF
Strasbourg, France: After a committee vote in December that was praised by WWF as a milestone vote for sustainable fisheries, today all members of the European Parliament voted 502 to 137 in favour again of the draft report by Ulrike Rodust (S&D, DE) on the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) Basic Regulation, the cornerstone of the CFP reform package.
Quick Overview: Brexit, UK lawyers, and Legal Professional Privilege | Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
If the United Kingdom exits the European Union without an agreement in place that addresses the status of UK legal professionals, UK solicitors and barristers will essentially be treated as third-country lawyers within the European Union. The practice rights of both solicitors and barristers will be affected, but as in-house counsel have greater dealings with solicitors, this resource will focus on them. Currently, UK solicitors and their firms can establish themselves permanently in other EU member states on the basis of their UK license. They can also provide services on a temporary basis in another member state. While serving clients in another member state, they can advise on UK law, EU law and international law, and subject to certain restrictions, the law of the member state. Without an agreement in place that addresses the continued practice rights of UK solicitors, the ability of UK solicitors to provide legal services in other EU member states will be subject to that particular member ...
Stansted Meet and Greet. Meet and Greet Valet Parking for Stansted Airport Duty Free Page
Abolition of duty free goods within the EU: On 30 June 1999, the sale of duty-free alcohol and tobacco at airports and at sea was abolished in all of the original 15 EU member states. Of the 10 new member states that joined the EU on 1 May 2004, these rules already apply to Cyprus and Malta. There are transitional rules in place for visitors returning to one of the original 15 EU countries from one of the other new EU countries. But for the original 15, plus Cyprus and Malta, there are now no limits imposed on importing tobacco and alcohol products from one EU country to another (with the exceptions of Denmark, Finland and Sweden, where limits are imposed). Travellers should note that they may be required to prove at customs that the goods purchased are for personal use only. ...
Bosnia and Herzegovina received the European Commission questionnaire - European Western Balkans
SARAJEVO - Chairman of the BiH Council of Ministers Denis Zvizdić received today in Sarajevo the Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn who handed him the Questionnaire of the European Commission to prepare the opinion on the application for membership of BiH in the European Union.. The questionnaire for BiH consists of 33 chapters and 3.242 questions.. After the meeting with the Commissioner for Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement of the Johannes Hahn, Zvizdić pointed out that the Questionnaire is a key precondition for obtaining candidate status.. According to him, there are no additional requirements that the European Commission set before BiH.. That is, it is a key precondition for obtaining candidate status. There is an important fact, for the candidacy status of BiH is only important to properly and professionally in the time provided, for about six months, answer questions from the Questionnaire. There are no additional conditions ...
Second European Union minorities and discrimination survey | European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
EU-wide, there is a lack of data on manifestations of discrimination, racism, and related intolerances. Where data has been collected, the divergent end-purposes and methodologies mean that it is not possible to have an overview of the situation at the EU level, and comparisons between EU Member States are difficult. The survey responds to calls for better data on the situation of immigrants and ethnic minorities.. The survey results aim to provide useful comparable data on the actual impact on the ground of EU and national anti-discrimination and equality legislation and policies. This can guide policy makers in developing more targeted legal and policy responses. Survey data on racism and hate crime could provide evidence as to the need to implement EU law and develop effective measures to combat these phenomena. It can also support civil society organisations in their advocacy work. The data gathered with regards to Roma will support the European Commission in its annual reporting, as well as ...
EURORDIS - La voce delle persone colpite da malattie rare in Europa
At todays Conference on the Development and Access of Medicines for Rare Diseases, held by the Maltese Presidency of the Council of the EU and the Malta Medicines Authority, participants recognise the need for structured, voluntary cooperation between EU Member States to improve rare disease patients access to better diagnosis, care, therapies and technologies.. On this momentous day, with the rare disease community at large represented, EURORDIS launches a Declaration calling for improved mechanisms of structured cooperation across EU Member States to address the unmet needs of people living with a rare disease.. ...
EFSA provides further assessment on health risks of goat meat and goat meat products with regard to BSE | European Food Safety...
Following the suspected case of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) in a goat in France, which was subsequently confirmed*, the European Commission requested that EFSA carry out a quantitative risk assessment on the risks posed to humans from goat meat and goat meat products. In a statement published on 28 January 2005**, the Scientific Panel on Biological Hazards (BIOHAZ) of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) indicated that important information gaps remained related to the quantification of risks to human health associated with consumption of goat meat should BSE be present in the goat population. In its opinion published today, the BIOHAZ Panel concludes that the likely prevalence of BSE in the wider EU goat population is very low, based on results of ongoing and also recently increased surveillance of the goat population put in place by the European Commission*** and on other data available to date. Owing to a lack of appropriate data required to quantify the risk of BSE in goats, ...
Eligibility for shorter treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in the European Union | European Respiratory Society
To the Editor:. In May 2016, the World Health Organization (WHO) updated its treatment guidelines for drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB) and included a recommendation for the use of the shorter multidrug-resistant (MDR) TB regimen . The WHO update is based on information provided by observational studies coordinated by the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, Médecins sans Frontières and the Damien Foundation which showed that the shorter treatment regimen resulted in a higher likelihood of treatment success compared to the longer conventional treatment in the study settings [2-5]. The shorter MDR-TB regimen consists of a standardised treatment course lasting 9-12 months and includes kanamycin, moxifloxacin, prothionamide, clofazimine, pyrazinamide, isoniazid and ethambutol. It is recommended for patients with rifampicin-resistant (RR) or MDR-TB (cases with TB bacilli resistant to at least isoniazid and rifampicin) who have not been treated previously with second-line ...
Pesticide residues detected in almost all European foods - SAFE - Safe Food Advocacy Europe
More than 97% of European food products contain pesticide residues, according to analyses carried out by the EUs national authorities. EURACTIVs partner Journal de lEnvironnement reports.. The European Food Safety Authoritys (EFSA) annual compilation of results from studies across the EU on the presence of pesticides in food products held no surprises. Of the 84,341 samples of produce from conventional agriculture analysed, 97.2% contained traces of one or more of 774 pesticides.. Read the full article on Euractivs website here.. ...
WHO/Europe | Status report on alcohol consumption, harm and policy responses in 30 European countries 2019 - data sources and...
This resource provides information on data sources and methods used for the Status report on alcohol consumption, harm and policy responses in 30 European countries 2019.. Per capita alcohol consumption in the WHO European Region, including the European Union (EU), is the highest in the world, which results in proportionally higher levels of burden of disease attributable to alcohol use compared to other regions.. While there have been welcome improvements in terms of overall mortality and alcohol-attributable mortality in EU+ countries (EU Member States, Norway and Switzerland), there was no statistically significant decline in total alcohol per capita consumption between 2010 and 2016 and the observed decreases in heavy episodic drinking seem to have come to a halt. Assessment of alcohol policies in the 10 areas defined in the European action plan to reduce the harmful use of alcohol 2012−2020 revealed huge variability across the countries, including the implementation of the three WHO best ...
Gilead Sciences Receives Marketing Authorization for VISTIDE® in European Union | Gilead
Pharmacia & Upjohn Has Exclusive Rights in Europe. Foster City, CA -- May 1, 1997. Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) announced today that it has received marketing authorization for VISTIDE (cidofovir injection) from the European Commission (EC). This authorization allows the product to be marketed in all 15 countries of the European Union as an intravenous treatment for cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in patients with AIDS. CMV retinitis is a rapidly progressing viral infection that may affect a patients vision over time and may ultimately lead to blindness in patients with late-stage AIDS. The ECs action follows a December 1996 recommendation for approval from the Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products (CPMP). Pharmacia & Upjohn (P&U) has exclusive marketing rights for VISTIDE outside the United States. In Europe, an amendment will be filed to transfer the marketing authorization from Gilead to P&U. P&U will then begin making the product available throughout the European Union on a ...
The European Parliament of the European Union.
Supports the recommendations of the EC-Cyprus Joint Parliamentary Committee adopted in Nicosia on 16 July 1992 and, in particular, expresses the wish that the opinion of the Commission on the application of Cyprus for full membership to the EC, and the decision of the Council that will follow, should contribute to the furtherance of the admission of Cyprus to the Community, which will have positive effects on the efforts to resolve the Cyprus problem ...
Cheat Sheet: A 5-minute guide to the EUs new unitary patent system | Inside Counsel | Corporate Counsel
In December 2012 the European Parliament approved legislation for a new unified patent court system and on Feb. 19 24 EU member states signed an agreement to participate in the new structure.
EMA recommends pasireotide for Cushings disease - Hospital Pharmacy Europe
The Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has adopted a positive opinion for Signifor® (SOM230, pasireotide) for the treatment of Cushings disease.. We are pleased with the decision by the CHMP in support of pasireotide in the European Union, said Hervé Hoppenot, President, Novartis Oncology.. We are now one step closer to being able to offer patients in Europe the first approved medical treatment for Cushings disease.. In the EU, the European Commission generally follows the recommendations of the CHMP and delivers its final decision within three months of the CHMP recommendation.. The decision will be applicable to all 27 EU member states plus Iceland and Norway.. Pasireotide has orphan drug designation for Cushings disease, a condition which affects no more than five in 10,000 people in the EU, the threshold for orphan designation.. The CHMP positive opinion is based on data from the Phase III PASPORT-CUSHINGS (PASireotide ...
The Museum of Broadcast Communications - Encyclopedia of Television - European Union: Television Policy
The European Union (EU) is a unique form of international organization created by treaty but exhibiting characteristics of an embryonic federation. It is based on amendments to the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) Treaty of 1951 (Treaty of Paris), the European Economic Community (EEC) Treaty of 1957 ( first Treaty of Rome), and the European Atomic Energy Community (EURATOM) Treaty of 1957. The name EU derives from the Treaty on European Union (TEU) of 1992, better known as the Maastricht Treaty. For this purpose, the EU may be considered synonymous with the former terms EEC and EC (European Community). Since 1995, the EU includes fifteen members: France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Austria, Sweden, and Finland.. Among the most important purposes of the original EEC Treaty were the creation of a Common Market and an increase in economic integration among the Member States. Economic integration was ...
5th International Conference on Patient Safety
The 5th International Conference on Patient Safety was held in Madrid (Spain) on June 3-4, 2010. The main objective was to share international and national experiences in preventing healthcare-associated infection (HAI) and antimicrobial resistance (AMR).. The speakers included a major representation of international organizations and representatives from European Union countries. On the part of the WHO, the Regional Director for Europe, Zusuzanna Jakab, gave the keynote address, setting out an overview of Europes current HAI and AMR-related status, the efforts which have been made to create monitoring networks and their interest in Europe taking leadership upon itself in this area. As proof of the importance the WHO places on this matter, she announced that the upcoming 2011 World Health Day will be devoted to antimicrobial resistance. A major part of the conference was focused on antimicrobial resistance.. At the first round-table, the speakers set out different monitoring, surveillance and ...
Global (United States, European Union and China) Methyl Methacrylate Adhesives Market Research Report 2019-2025 - Update in...
In the recently published report, QY Research has provided a unique insight into the global (United States, European Union and China) Methyl Methacrylate Adhesives market for the forecasted period of 7-years (2019-2025). The report has covered the significant aspects that are contributing the growth of the global (United States, European Union and China) Methyl Methacrylate Adhesives market. The primary objective of this report is to highlight the various key market dynamics such as drivers, trends, and restraints that are impacting the global (United States, European Union and China) Methyl Methacrylate Adhesives market. This report has provided an indication to the readers about markets current status.. Request Sample Report and Full Report TOC: https://www.qyresearch.com/sample-form/form/1357081/global-united-states-european-union-and-china-Methyl Methacrylate Adhesives-market. In global market, the following companies are covered:. Henkel. 3M. Arkema. H.B. Fuller. Soken. Nitto Denko. Avery ...
European General Data Protection Regulation | Crowell & Moring LLP
The protection of individuals in relation to the processing of their personal data is a European fundamental right laid down in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union and the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. Businesses that want to process personal data of EU residents must therefore respect strict rules and conditions.. These rules and conditions are now predominantly laid down in the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR replaces the EUs 20-years-old Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) and the 28 national laws of the EU Member States that implemented this Directive.. The aim of the GDPR is to provide a uniform law that strengthens the rights of individuals with regard to the processing of their personal data, while at the same time facilitating the free flow of data in the digital single market and reducing the administrative burden for businesses.. ...
European Union Reference Laboratory for Fish Diseases Fish Pathogens Database
The work is funded through FP6-2004-Food-3-A project EPIZONE and the European Commission financial aid for running the European Union Reference Laboratory for Fish Diseases. The database is maintained by the European Union Reference Laboratory for Fish Diseases and suggestions for improvements and questions are welcome on [email protected] ...
Voters need more ties to EU issues - spectator.sme.sk
WORK migration is not an immediate threat for Slovakia, unlike in countries of western Europe, where some voters and politicians perceive it that way. Thus, if radical and extremist forces get their say in the European Parliament (EP) elections, it will be due to the low voter turnout, for which Slovakia is notorious among EU member states. The Slovak Spectator discussed this and other EP-related issues with Vladimír Bilčík, a senior researcher with the Slovak Foreign Policy Association (SFPA) think tank.
Glossary - Regional Policy - European Commission
The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) supports European policy on rural development. To this end, it finances rural development programmes across the Member States and the regions of the Union. Programmes are designed in cooperation between the European Commission and the Member States, taking into account the strategic guidelines for rural development policy adopted by the Council and the priorities laid down by national strategy plans.. In the 2014-20 programming period, for the first time, the EAFRD is specifically included in the policy framework of the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) and subject to the Common Provisions Regulation (1303/2013).. For the 2014-20 programming period, the Fund focuses on three main objectives:. • fostering the competitiveness of agriculture. • ensuring the sustainable management of natural resources, and climate action. • achieving a balanced territorial development of rural economies and communities including the ...
TAFTA: A Tran-Atlantic Free Trade Agreement | Globalization101
TAFTA faces political, economic, and cultural battles before it will be passed. Both sides will need approval of domestic legislatures. The EU will need the backing of all 27 national assemblies to pass TAFTA. The agreement will need to be ratified by EU member states as well as by the European Parliament (2015 target date for EU-US trade deal). In the United States, analysts recommend that the president pursues trade promotion authority (TPA), which will allow an up or down vote by Congress with no amendments or filibuster. TPA was granted to the President continuously from 1975 and 1994 and from 2002-2007 (Brookings, 2013). TPA would help speed up the Congressional approval of TAFTA and provide political cover to those who need it.. A Financial Times blog (Bintliff, 2013) outlined the major sticking points for both sides. Many of these points relate to restrictions on phytosanitary rules. Europe requires labeling of genetically modified crops, the U.S. does not. Europe bans hormone-treated ...
Body / Skin Creams made in European Union | ProductFrom.com
Information about Body / Skin Creams made in European Union - country of origin, manufacturing locations, manufacturer, brand, category, part number.
European Commission Approves Marketing of Bavencio | Prague Post
The European Commission has granted Merck and Pfizer Inc. (PFE) authorization to market a treatment for patients that suffer from metastatic Merel cell carcinoma. The monotherapy treatment, Bavencio, is offered to treat an aggressive and rare form of skin cancer.. Bavencio is able to be marketed in 28 countries in the Eurozone, including Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein. The treatment is expected to launch as early as October in Germany and the United Kingdom. Commercial availability of Bavencio is expected to come in the next few months.. The ECs decision is significant for BAVENCIO and more importantly, for European patients living with this very challenging skin cancer, said Luciano Rossetti, M.D. of Merck.. The treatment was also approved in the United States earlier in the year. The companys goal is to make the drug available worldwide. The company estimates that 2,500 patients in the European Union are diagnosed with Merel cell carcinoma each year.. The survival rate is slim, with ...
Eurodad reaction to the European Commissions initiative on EU tax decision making - Eurodad
At the same time, the Parliament, which currently has an advisory role on EU tax matters, adopted a strong and progressive report calling for the EU to get rid of tax policies that have negative impacts on gender equality.. Tove Maria Ryding, Tax Coordinator at the European Network on Debt and Development (Eurodad), said:. Its very true that the EUs decision making on tax has so far been too ineffective and too unambitious. As the Commission also highlights, this is particularly problematic given that our societies are currently losing billions of Euros to large-scale international tax dodging.. We warmly welcome the recognition that the European Parliament needs to play an active role in EU decision making on tax. It is elected by EU citizens, and thus it can bring more legitimacy to decision making on tax. Weve also repeatedly seen that the Parliament is very attentive to the public call for action, transparency and justice on tax matters. The latest example came today, when the ...
CJEU C-366/18 / Judgment | European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
Key facts of the case:. This request for a preliminary ruling concerns the interpretation of Articles 8, 10 and 157 TFEU, Article 3 TEU, Article 23 and Article 33(2) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (hereinafter referred to as the Charter) and Articles 1 and 14(1) of Directive 2006/54/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 July 2006 on the implementation of the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment of men and women in matters of employment and occupation (OJ 2006 L 204, p. 23), read in conjunction with Council Directive 2010/18/EU of 8 March 2010 implementing the revised Framework Agreement on parental leave concluded by BUSINESSEUROPE, UEAPME, CEEP and ETUC and repealing Directive 96/34/EC (OJ 2010 L 68, p. 13). Outcome of the case:. On those grounds, the Court (Sixth Chamber) hereby rules:. Council Directive 2010/18/EU of 8 March 2010 implementing the revised Framework Agreement on parental leave concluded by BUSINESSEUROPE, UEAPME, ...
Food Additives | European Food Safety Authority
Under EU legislation, food additives must be authorised before they can be used in foods.. The authorisation procedure starts with submission of a formal request to the European Commission consisting of an application dossier on the substance, containing scientific data on its proposed uses and use levels. The Commission then sends the dossier to EFSA and requests it to evaluate the safety of the substance for its intended uses. The European Commission decides whether to authorise the substance based on EFSAs safety assessment. Authorisation of proposed new uses of existing food additives follows the same procedure.. Once authorised, these substances are included in the EU list of permitted food additives laid down in Regulation EC 1333/2008, which also specifies their conditions of use. Authorised food additives must also comply with approved purity criteria laid down in Regulation EU 231/2012.. In December 2008, existing legislation was consolidated into four simplified regulations covering ...
Diary, February 2004
From the FFII press release EU Council Compromising on Unlimited Patentability: The Council of the Ministers of the European Union, currently presided by Ireland, is circulating a Working Paper with counter-proposals to the European Parliaments amendments. In contrast to the European Parliaments version, the Council version allows unlimited patentability and patent enforcability. Under the Council version, computer-implemented algorithms and business methods, as have been granted in large numbers by the European Patent Office against the letter and spirit of the written law, are by default patentable inventions. Publication of a description of a patented idea on a web server in formal language constitutes a patent infringment, and use of patented protocols and file formats for the purpose of interoperation is not allowed. This proposal was prepared behind closed doors by the Councils Patent Working Party, a group of patent administrators who run the European Patent Office. The Patent ...
Pfizer and BioNTech to Potentially Supply the EU with 200 Million Doses of mRNA-based Vaccine Candidate Against SARS-CoV-2 |...
The proposed agreement is intended to provide a supply of 200 million doses and an option to purchase additional 100 million doses, with deliveries starting by the end of 2020, subject to regulatory approval The vaccine supply for the EU would be produced by BioNTechs manufacturing sites in Germany and Pfizers manufacturing site in Belgium Pfizer and BioNTech are on track to seek regulatory review of BNT162b2 as early as October 2020 and, if regulatory authorization or approval is obtained, currently plan to supply up to 100 million doses worldwide by the end of 2020 and approximately 1.3 billion doses by the end of 2021 Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced that they had concluded exploratory talks with the European Commission for a proposed supply of 200 million doses of their investigational BNT162 mRNA-based vaccine candidate against SARS-CoV-2 to European Union (EU) Member States, with an option for further 100 million doses. Deliveries would be
EU Health Policy Platform annual meeting, Brussels | EuroHealthNet
The EU Health Policy Platform annual meeting takes place on 17 October 2019 from 8.30 to 16.30 CET, Brussels time.. The 2019 EU Health Award Ceremony will kick off the annual meeting with the Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, Vytenis Andriukaitis, who will be present to announce the winners of the three categories of the 2019 EU Health Award for cities, NGOs and schools seeking to prevent and reduce obesity in children and young people.. The afternoon session will be fully dedicated to stakeholders activities, such as discussions about current and future EU health priorities and presentations of the 2019 and 2020 Joint Statements. Several organisations from across Europe will present their annual position papers they have been working on in their 2019 Thematic Networks. Afterwards, it will be time to learn more about the six potential 2020 Joint Statements.. Venue: SQUARE, located at Mont des Arts/Kunstberg, Coudenberg entrance, Coudenberg 3, Hall 400 (4th floor) 1000 Brussels, ...
Gypsy-Haters, Holocaust-Deniers, Xenophobes, Homophobes, Anti-Semites: The EUs New Political Force
Europes far-right, xenophobic and extremist parties crossed a new threshold yesterday, winning more speaking time, money, and political influence in the European Parliament than ever before.. Claiming the backing of 23 million Europeans, ultra-nationalists secured enough MEPs to make a formal political grouping, underlining the growing challenge posed by the far right across the continent. For the first time since the Second World War a series of elections has swept nationalistic, far-right parties into office in municipal, regional, national and European parliament elections. The admission of Romania and Bulgaria in January of this year brought in enough far-right MEPs to form a bloc.. Mainstream politicians have been struggling for years to contain the threat from hardline nationalists and extremists who have entered coalitions or supported ruling governments in countries such as Austria, Denmark, Poland and Slovakia.. Amid formal protests and jeers in the Strasbourg Parliament, 20 MEPs ...
ComputerActive] European Union members sign controversial anti-piracy treaty | La Quadrature du Net
Concerns raised over consumer privacy and intellectual property rights as ACTA, the global anti-counterfeiting agreement, moves closer to becoming law. [...]. [...] according to La Quadrature du Net, although the signing of ACTA by EU member states is highly symbolic it is not the end of the road.. This citizen advocacy group said people can still challenge the agreement before the final vote in the EU Parliament; which cannot happen before June.. Jérémie Zimmermann, spokesperson for the organisation said: In the last few days, we have seen encouraging protests by Polish and other EU citizens, who are rightly concerned with the effect of ACTA on freedom of expression, access to medicines, but also access to culture and knowledge. [...]. http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/news/2141666/european-union-sign-cont.... ...
Loss Management International welcomes a new team member - LMI Group
DefinitionsIn this Agreement, the following terms shall have the meanings set out below and similar terms shall be construed accordingly.Affiliate means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. Control for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.Applicable Laws means (a) European Union or member state laws with respect to Personal Data which is subject to EU Data Protection Laws; and (b) any other applicable law with respect to Personal Data which is subject to any other Data Protection Laws.Authorized Affiliate means any of Customers Affiliate(s) which (a) is subject to the data protection laws and regulations of the European Union, the European Economic Area and/or their member states, Switzerland and/or the United Kingdom, and (b) is permitted to use the Services pursuant to the Agreement between Customer and Us, but ...
Manning paints Insurance Industry in positive light - LMI Group
DefinitionsIn this Agreement, the following terms shall have the meanings set out below and similar terms shall be construed accordingly.Affiliate means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. Control for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.Applicable Laws means (a) European Union or member state laws with respect to Personal Data which is subject to EU Data Protection Laws; and (b) any other applicable law with respect to Personal Data which is subject to any other Data Protection Laws.Authorized Affiliate means any of Customers Affiliate(s) which (a) is subject to the data protection laws and regulations of the European Union, the European Economic Area and/or their member states, Switzerland and/or the United Kingdom, and (b) is permitted to use the Services pursuant to the Agreement between Customer and Us, but ...
Search engine results page
"Behavioural Study on the Transparency of Online Platforms" (PDF). European Union. 2018. p. 19. Retrieved 22 April 2021. CS1 ... A 2018 report from the European Commission showed that consumers generally avoid these top results, as there is an expectation ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)". European Union. June 16, 2016.. ... of the Treaty on European Union and Articles 253 and 254 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. When the ... By contrast, in the European Union and some continental European jurisdictions, the officer is a neutral legal advisor to the ... The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) consists of one judge from each member state, assisted by eleven advocates ...
"European Union". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 1 July 2009. international organisation comprising 27 European countries ... Kingdom halted its ratification process for the Stabilisation and Association Agreement of Croatia with the European Union due ... he was elected in the 1995 Croatian parliamentary election on the electoral list of the Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) and ...
International Monitoring Team
The team is led by Malaysia, followed by Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Japan, Libya, Norway and subsequently the European Union ... Press Release) EU confirms willingness to participate in International Monitoring Team (IMT) in Mindanao" (PDF). European Union ...
Changjiang Scholars Program
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Yangtze River Scholars Programme, 长江学者计划". European Union. Archived from the original ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Humanitarian aid news: Asia" (Press release: IP/98/1110). European Union. February 22 ... During December 1998, the European Community Humanitarian Office responded to a government appeal, providing €105 thousand for ...
Gross domestic product
In 2009 the European Union released a communication titled GDP and beyond: Measuring progress in a changing world that ... European Union. 2009. Retrieved 26 February 2012. "Bhutan GNH Index" "Death by GDP - how the climate crisis is driven by a ... European Union, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, United Nations and World Bank. The publication is ...
Poles in the United Kingdom
The European Union's 2004 enlargement and the UK Government's decision to allow immigration from the new accession states, ... "Freedom of movement for workers after enlargement". European Union. Archived from the original on 18 July 2007. Stamp, Gavin (1 ... Since Poland's accession to the European Union in 2004, Polish delicatessens, with regular deliveries of fresh produce from ... European Union, Ashgate 2009, ISBN 978-0-7546-7387-3 Dr Diana M Henderson(Editor), The Lion and The Eagle, Cualann Press ISBN 0 ...
2016 Jordanian general election
The European Union will take part in the observation of the election process through a task force that has access to all poll ... "National Level". European Union. Retrieved 22 August 2016. "Countries at the Crossroads Jordan". Freedom House. 2012. Retrieved ... "European observers commend 'integrity, transparency' of elections". The Jordan Times. 20 September 2016. Retrieved 23 September ...
European Union.. ...
"From Farm to Fork". European Commission website. European Union. Retrieved 26 May 2020. Text was copied from this source, which ... In May 2020 the European Union published a program, named "From Farm to Fork" for making its agriculture more sustainable. In ... "What is Sustainable Agriculture?". Union of Concerned Scientists. 10 April 2017. Retrieved 29 October 2019. Global plan of ... "The Indigenous Origins of Regenerative Agriculture". National Farmers Union. Retrieved 29 March 2021. Nabhan, Gary (1989). ...
Xochitl Dominguez Benetton
Union, European. "Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) metals (PGMs) recovery by Gas-Diffusion Electrocrystallization (GDEx)". www. ... She is renown in Mexico and Europe for her scientific and patenting activity in the domains of metal recovery from wastewater ... which has been heralded as a Great EU-funded innovation by the Innovation Radar of the European Commission. ...
"Impact of Ireland on EU policy". European Union. Archived from the original on 31 October 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2011. Keogh, ... the organisation which would later become the European Union (EU). FitzGerald, firmly ensconced as Foreign Minister, was free ... a status in European affairs far exceeding the country's size and ensured that the first Irish Presidency of the European ... At the time of his death, FitzGerald was president of the Institute of International and European Affairs and a columnist for ...
... which qualify for Cohesion Policy grants from the European Union. It was granted Objective 1 status by the European Commission ... 2] Archived 8 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine "Cohesion Policy and the United Kingdom" (PDF). European Union. October 2014. ... and since the 20th century, rugby union has emerged as one of the most popular spectator and team sports in Cornwall (perhaps ... Geography portal Europe portal United Kingdom portal England portal Cornwall portal Christianity in Cornwall Index of Cornwall- ...
"Catherine Ashton appoints Jean De Ruyt to advise on the EU's response to Camp Ashraf" (PDF) (Press release). European Union. ... End of April 2011 on a tour to Iraq, the Iraq delegation of the European Parliament, led by the British Conservative Struan ... European Parliament. 2011-03-05. Retrieved 2019-07-20. Stevenson (2015), Chapter 27. Boumedra (2013), pp. 152-154. Boumedra ( ... 13 December 2011 Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Status of the Processing of the Camp Ashraf Residents: Hearing before the ...
Elections in Jordan
"National Level". European Union. Archived from the original on 27 August 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2016. Dima Toukan Tabbaa (22 ... "European observers commend 'integrity, transparency' of elections". The Jordan Times. 20 September 2016. Archived from the ... After this point party activity continued underground, and was expressed through other forms such as labour unions and ...
Science and technology park (STP) activity across the European Union has approximately doubled over the last 11-12 years, ... European Union. ISBN 978-92-79-37274-2. Retrieved 26 October 2018. "AURP: Creating Communities of Knowledge". innovation- ... Cabral R. (ed.) (2003) The Cabral-Dahab Science Park Management Paradigm in Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Americas Uminova ...
Latvian nationality law
Because Latvia forms part of the European Union, Latvian citizens are also citizens of the European Union under European Union ... "Latvia". European Union. Retrieved 4 May 2015. Article 20(2)(c) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. Rights ... Data on Latvia at the European Union Observatory on Democracy (Robert Schuman Centre, European University Institute) Decisions ... "Treaty on the Function of the European Union (consolidated version)" (PDF). Eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved 2015-07-10. ...
Kingdom of Iceland
ISBN 3-16-148311-1. "A short history of Alþingi - the oldest parliament in the world". European Youth Portal. European Union. ... Under a personal union, due to the Act of Union, the monarch was simultaneously monarch of Denmark. The Parliament of Iceland ... Because of the Kalmar Union, Iceland had been under the control of the Crown of Denmark since 1380, although formally it had ... the Act of Union, an agreement with Denmark, recognized Iceland as a fully sovereign state, an independent country in personal ...
Maltese nationality law
Because Malta forms part of the European Union, Maltese citizens are also citizens of the European Union under European Union ... "Malta". European Union. Retrieved 4 May 2015. Article 20(2)(c) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. Rights ... no longer relevant since Malta joined the European Union) access to the UK Working Holiday Visa scheme (no longer relevant to ... "Treaty on the Function of the European Union (consolidated version)" (PDF). Eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved 10 July 2015. "Global ...
In 1983, the European Union banned the import of whitecoat harp seal pup pelts (pelts from pups less than about two weeks of ... In 2009, the European Union passed a law banning the promotion of imported seal products. The law was approved by the Council ... In 2009, the European Union banned all seal imports, shrinking the market. Where pelts once sold for more than $100, they now ... The European Union ban on seal skins has an exemption for those that originate from subsistence hunts by Inuit or other ...
The European Union reiterated in March 2015 that Kohver had been "illegally detained" in Lefortovo Prison and deprived of the ... European Union. 2015-03-04. Retrieved 2015-03-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Whitmore, Brian (3 June 2015). "Why ... Brian Whitmore of Radio Free Europe criticised media reports that used a "he-said-she-said formulation, implicitly suggesting ... Eston Kohver Matters". Radio Free Europe. "Russia Jails Estonia Border Guard Kohver for 15 Years". BBC News. 19 August 2015. " ...
Bosiljevo 2 interchange
European Union. September 9, 2002. Retrieved December 6, 2017. "European Agreement on Main International Traffic Arteries" (PDF ... The interchange is a part of Pan-European corridor Vb. It also represents a part of European route E65. Croatia portal Roads ... launch of the Italy-Turkey pan-European Corridor through Albania, Bulgaria, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Greece". ... United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. March 13, 2008. Retrieved September 6, 2010. Autocesta Rijeka-Zagreb: Bosiljevo ...
"New national side of euro coins intended for circulation" (PDF). Official Journal of the European Union. European Union. 28 ... Mueller & Stober 2009, p. 3. European Union Journal, 28 December 2013. Maulbronn Monastery: 2-Euro Coin. City of Maulbronn: ... The monastery complex, one of the best-preserved in Europe, was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993. The monastery was ... Kinder, Terryl M. (2002). Cistercian Europe: Architecture of Contemplation. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing. ISBN 9780802838872. ...
... was included in a list issued on 21 October 2002 by the European Union of members and former members of the military ... "COUNCIL COMMON POSITION of 21 October 2002 amending and extending Common Position 96/635/CFSP on Burma/Myanmar". European Union ...
Charles III, Prince of Monaco
European Union. Retrieved 2 December 2017. v t e. ...
Government of the United Kingdom
"The Immunity of Members of the European Parliament" (PDF). European Union. October 2014. Retrieved 10 April 2015. Footnotes ... By contrast, as in European Union (EU) member states, EU officials cannot be prosecuted for any actions carried out in pursuit ... of their official duties, and foreign country diplomats (though not their employees) and foreign members of the European ...
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
At the international level, GIZ cooperates with the European Union, UN agencies, other international institutions such as the ... "European Union". giz. "International institutions". giz. "Governments worldwide". "Development Partnerships with the Private ... Other commissioners include European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector, and governments of other ... Moreover, GIZ is a member of the European Network of Implementing Development Agencies (EUNIDA), which was co-founded by GTZ in ...
"European Union". New Zealand Qualifications Authority. Retrieved 1 November 2018. "Design and Industry, San Francisco State ... in the same way that a European bachelor's can be finished in three to four years, after which time Europeans may embark on a ... Since the new European system of 2004 LMD Bologna process was founded, it has become standard to recognize a bachelor's degree ... Undergraduate programs in Europe overall lead to the following most widely accepted degrees: Bachelor of Science degree (BSc), ...
Dutch nationality law
Because the Netherlands forms part of the European Union, Dutch citizens are also citizens of the European Union under European ... "Netherlands". European Union. Retrieved 4 May 2015. Article 20(2)(c) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. ... their original or dual nationality has encourage many to support the European Citizen's Initiative for Permanent European Union ... Union law and thus enjoy rights of free movement and have the right to vote in elections for the European Parliament. When in a ...
Socialist Sunday School
Michael J. Schaack, Anarchy and Anarchists: A History of the Red Terror and the Social Revolution in America and Europe. ... The schools were grouped in District Unions and for the first ten years were affiliated to the Council. However, in 1920 the ... Danger Ahead: Socialist and Proletarian Sunday Schools. London: British Empire Union, 1922. ... A national movement, the National Council of British Socialist Sunday Schools Union, formed in 1909, however, traces its origin ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
European Commission. Retrieved 19 March 2014.. *^ Union, Publications Office of the European (21 April 2017). "European drones ... Participation from outside the European Union is explicitly encouraged. Participants from European Union member states and ... are funding programmes created by the European Union/European Commission to support and foster research in the European ... Official Journal of the European Union *^ "How is FP 7 structured? from FP7 in Brief". European Commission. Retrieved 31 July ...
Find this book in Gegnir, the union catalog of Icelandic libraries. Ireland. * Find this book in the Dublin City Council ... Find this book at the Karlsruher Virtueller Katalog, a European cross-library search engine ... Find this book in the Norwegian union catalogue of monographs (Sambok). * Find this book in the Stavanger Public Library ... Find this book in the Dutch-Union Catalogue that searches simultaneously in more than 400 Dutch electronic library systems ( ...
Holy Roman Empire
Comparison of the Holy Roman Empire and the European Union in 2012 by The Economist ... Collins, Paul (4 March 2014). The Birth of the West: Rome, Germany, France, and the Creation of Europe in the Tenth Century. p ... Collins, Paul (4 March 2014). The Birth of the West: Rome, Germany, France, and the Creation of Europe in the Tenth Century. p ... "Silesia , historical region, Europe". Encyclopedia Britannica.. *^ Herrmann, Joachim (1970). Die Slawen in Deutschland. Berlin ...
Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) - Australian Council of Trade Unions. Europe. *Trade union membership 1993-2003 - ... Diversity of international unions. Union law varies from country to country, as does the function of unions. For example ... Where a union is active, workers who do not contribute to a union may include those who approve of the union contract (free ... Trade union membership 2003-2008 - European Industrial Relations Observatory report on membership trends in 28 European ...
Liquefied natural gas
In the European Union and some other jurisdictions, it is not permitted to apply the profit-sharing clause in LNG SPAs. ... There is a natural gas pipeline network in the former Soviet Union, Europe and North America. Natural gas is less dense, even ... "Largest feeder and shortsea network in Europe I Unifeeder".. *^ "Qatar, Maersk and Shell join forces to develop LNG as marine ... Continental Europe, where the acceptable GCV range is quite wide: approx. 39 to 46 MJ/m3(n), i.e. 990 to 1,160 Btu/scf. ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Lane Kirkland (1942) US labor union leader who served as President of the AFL-CIO for over 16 years. ...
"Official Journal of the European Union. 2004-04-30.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t Sampson, W. (1995). " ... have been significant developments in how CAMs should be assessed prior to re-sale in the United Kingdom and the European Union ... "Directive 2004/24/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council". ... to suggest that the difference is a cultural difference between the Asiatic east and the European west, rather than that the ...
International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 8 April 2009.. Database entry includes a brief justification of why ... 2010). "20 - Ungulates and their management in France". European ungulates and their management in the 21st century. Cambridge ... "European Mammals - Non native and Introduced Species". Hows.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-06-04.. ... Despite a listing of 'Vulnerable' by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), in South Korea the animal is ...
With the Soviet Union no longer a threat, the U.S. and its allies no longer saw Vietnamese domination of Cambodia as an issue. ... Locard, Henri (2005). "State Violence in Democratic Kampuchea (1975-1979) and Retribution (1979-2004)". European Review of ... "Peace Pledge Union. Archived from the original on 30 October 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2018.. ... On taking power, the Khmer Rouge spurned both the Western states and the Soviet Union as sources of support. Instead, ...
a b c d e f g h Peter van der Veer, Hartmut Lehmann, Nation and religion: perspectives on Europe and Asia, Princeton University ... Nehru was not in favour of the president Rajendra Prasad and Union Minister K. M. Munshi attending the ceremony, as he felt ... The Nepali civil code,Muluki Ain, was commissioned by Jung Bahadur Rana after his European tour and enacted in 1854. It was ... RSS supported trade union, the Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh and political party Bharatiya Jana Sangh also grew into considerable ...
In Europe, "magpie" is used by English speakers as a synonym for the European magpie: the only other magpie in Europe is the ... American Ornithologists' Union (1998). Check-list of North American Birds (PDF). Washington, DC: American Ornithologists' Union ... EuropeEdit. In Europe, magpies have been historically demonized by humans, mainly as a result of superstition and myth. The ... American Ornithologists' Union (2000). "Forty-second supplement to the American Ornithologists' Union check-list of North ...
PREPARE (European Union). *National Public Health Emergency Team (Ireland). *Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention ...
Higher education in Poland
The globalization of public life and the perspective of Polish membership in the European Union are pushing Polish graduates to ... Higher Education in Europe. 26(3). Retrieved November 28, 2007. *^ Renata Siemienska, Dominika Walczak. "Polish higher ... The European co-operation in quality assurance, Poland is trying to solve the problem of quality and accreditation in a highly ... Higher Education in Europe. 26(3). Retrieved November 28, 2007.. *Kolasinski, M. & P. Lisiecki. (2003). The Strategic Role of ...
Now (Old Persian: nava), which means "new" and descends from Proto-Indo-European *néwos, is cognate with English new, German ... Before the collapse of the Soviet Union, Iran was the only country that officially observed the ceremonies of Nowruz. When the ... "Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.. *^ Mkrtchyan, Gayane (22 March 2011). "Nowruz in Armenia: Many Iranians again prefer Yerevan ... It is also taken place by Iranian communities in several regions in Europe and the Americas, including Los Angeles, Toronto, ...
Galician (/ɡəˈlɪʃən/, /-ˈlɪsiən/; galego [ɡaˈleɣʊ]) is an Indo-European language of the Western Ibero-Romance branch. It ... approved by unanimity a proposal to become an observer member of the Union of Portuguese-Speaking Capitals (UCCLA). ... Minahan, James (2000). One Europe, many nations: a historical dictionary of European national groups. Westport, Conn.: ... Indo-European *Italic *Romance *Western *Ibero-Romance *West-Iberian *Galician-Portuguese *Galician ...
Indo-European *Indo-Iranian *Indo-Aryan *Magadhi Prakrit *Eastern Zone (Magadhan) *Bengali-Assamese *Bengali ... "Languages in Descending Order of Strength - India, States and Union Territories - 1991 Census" (PDF). Census Data Online. ... Because of centuries of contact with Europeans, Turkic peoples, and Persians, the Bengali language has absorbed numerous words ... In this sense, all nouns in Bengali, unlike most other Indo-European languages, are similar to mass nouns. ...
Group 3 element
Nuclear-physics researchers in Dubna, Soviet Union (now Russia), reported in 1967 that they were not able to confirm American ... "International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). Retrieved 2010-04-03.. ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
European: GEN Curtis Scaparrotti, USA. Northern: Gen Lori Robinson, USAF. Pacific: ADM Harry B. Harris Jr., USN. Southern: ADM ... Union Army. *National Army. *Army of the United States. *Center of Military History ... Supreme Allied Commander Europe, 1979 to 1987, including waiver to continue service past age 60. Retired in 1987. ... Recalled to active duty in 1951 to serve as first Supreme Allied Commander Europe. Retired in May 1952 upon becoming a ...
List of political parties in China
China-European Union relations. *China-Pacific relations. *China-Russia relations. *China-United States relations ... The Union of Chinese Nationalists (Chinese: 中国泛蓝联盟) aspires to the ideals of the Pan-Blue Coalition on Taiwan. As such, its ... in a United Front similar to the popular fronts of former Communist-era Eastern European countries such as the National Front ... which were previously colonies of European powers, operate under a different political system to the rest of China. Currently, ...
Edward Wilson Very
In December 1870, he received orders to service with the European Squadron, serving brief tours on the USS Franklin and USS ... Union Navy officers. *Deaths from pneumonia. Hidden categories: *Find a Grave template with ID not in Wikidata ... From January 9 to February 14, 1878 he served on the USS Constitution, when he was ordered to special ordnance duty in Europe.[ ... He was promoted to Lieutenant in September 1871. During his time in Europe, he witnessed Marshal MacMahon's march into Paris ...
Amphibian - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Toads in Europe. Berber toad · Fire-bellied toad · European Fire-bellied Toad · Yellow-bellied toad · Common Toad · European ... It was developed by over 80 leading experts. The Amphibian Specialist Group of the World Conservation Union (IUCN) are ... Frogs in Europe. Albanian water frog · European tree frog · Agile frog · Edible frog · Greek frog · Marsh frog · Common frog · ... Newts in Europe. Alpine Newt · Bosca's Newt · Italian Crested Newt · Palmate Newt · Carpathian Newt · Smooth Newt · Palmate ...
Official Journal of the European Union. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 June 2017. Retrieved 19 June 2017.. ... American Ornithologists' Union (1983). Check-list of North American Birds (6th ed.). American Ornithologists' Union.. ... 1977). Handbook of the Birds of Europe the Middle East and North Africa, the Birds of the Western Palearctic. Volume 1: Ostrich ... Jiguet, Frédéric; Audevard, Aurélien (21 March 2017). Birds of Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East: A Photographic Guide ...
World War II Ghettos in Nazi-occupied Europe; Jewish ghettos in German-occupied Poland and the Soviet Union. ... "NGC Europe Limited.. *^ Longerich (2010), pp. 198, 238, 347. See also Lawrence Bush (28 June 2010). "June 29: The Slonim ... Yahil, Leni (1991). The Holocaust: The Fate of European Jewry, 1932-1945. Oxford University Press. p. 270. ISBN 0195045238. .. ... Leni Yahil (1991). The Holocaust: The Fate of European Jewry, 1932-1945. Oxford University Press. p. 389. ISBN 0195045238. .. ...
European Journal of Wildlife Research. 57 (5): 997-1006. doi:10.1007/s10344-011-0567-1. ISSN 1439-0574.. ... The population is now trending upward (particularly on private land) and for this reason the International Union for ... European Journal of Wildlife Research. 53 (2): 90-99. doi:10.1007/s10344-006-0070-2.. ... Before the arrival of Europeans in the area, wildebeest roamed widely, probably in relation to the arrival of the rains and the ...
Unisex public toilet
The historical purposes of sex-separated toilets in the United States and Europe, as well as the timing of their appearance, ... New York City private college Cooper Union moved to remove gender designations from campus toilets. In October 2016, ... On the other hand, prior to the 1887 Massachusetts statute, across the United States and Europe at least, sex-separation was ... In 2017 The Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation sent out guidelines to the Swachh Bharat Mission decreeing that ...
... is currently co-marketed by Biogen and Genentech in the U.S., by Hoffmann-La Roche in Canada and the European Union, ... the European Union, Switzerland, Japan and Australia. Research. Chronic fatigue syndrome. A potential use ... Patents on the drug in expired in Europe in February 2013 and in the US in September 2016. By November 2018[update], ... In Europe, the license is slightly more restrictive: it is licensed for use in combination with MTX in patients with severe ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: N43 - Europe: Pre-1913. JEL: N44 - Europe: 1913-. JEL: N45 - Asia including Middle East. JEL: N46 - Latin America; ... JEL: J5 - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining JEL: J50 - Geral. JEL: J51 - Trade unions: ... JEL: N53 - Europe: Pre-1913. JEL: N54 - Europe: 1913-. JEL: N55 - Asia including Middle East. JEL: N56 - Latin America; ... JEL: N63 - Europe: Pre-1913. JEL: N64 - Europe: 1913-. JEL: N65 - Asia including Middle East. JEL: N66 - Latin America; ...
... is currently co-marketed by Biogen and Genentech in the U.S., by Hoffmann-La Roche in Canada and the European Union, ... Patents on the drug in expired in Europe in February 2013 and in the US in September 2016. By November 2018[update], ... several biosimilars had been approved across India, the European Union, Switzerland, Japan and Australia. ... In Europe, the license is slightly more restrictive: it is licensed for use in combination with MTX in patients with severe ...
"Article 1, 3(b) (see page 276/39): Official Journal of the European Union. Retrieved 18 February 2015.. ... "Directive 2010/63/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council". ...
Future of Europe: Anna Isaac answers your questions on the economic future of Europes youth ... Comment: Europes populists dont want to leave the EU. The real danger for Brussels is that they want to stay Fraser Nelson ... Future of Europe: Why in Emmanuel Macron the EU has its greatest saviour - and biggest liability Premium ... Comment: The British Left has always had a strange love affair with Right-wing austerity Europe Ambrose Evans-Pritchard ...
European Union - OECD
Presentation of Health at a Glance: Europe 2016 Health at a Glance: Europe is a diagnostic tool. It presents key indicators of ... Europe paying a heavy price for chronic diseases, finds new OECD-EC report ... Health at a Glance: Europe 2020 - State of Health in the EU Cycle - en ... five candidate countries and three European Free Trade Association countries ─ and is intended to help these countries assess ...
European Union - Wikipedia
European Union portal Europe portal Outline of the European Union Special member state territories and the European Union List ... the European Council, the Council of the European Union, the European Commission, the Court of Justice of the European Union, ... Service Works by European Union at Project Gutenberg Works by or about European Union at Internet Archive European Union on ... European Commission. 12 November 2020. Select Committee on European Union (2008). "Chapter 2: The European Union Structural and ...
Decision (European Union) - Wikipedia
This article relating to European Union law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.. *v ... requires agreement of and allows amendments by both the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union. The Assent ... In European Union law, a decision is a legal instrument which is binding upon those individuals to which it is addressed. ... The Council of the European Union can delegate power to make decisions to the European Commission. ...
Regulation (European Union) - Wikipedia
List of European Union directives. References. *^ Nanda, Ved P. (1996). Folsom, Ralph Haughwout; Lake, Ralph B., eds. ... European Union law after Maastricht: a practical guide for lawyers outside the common market. The Hague: Kluwer. p. 5. The ... A regulation is a legal act of the European Union that becomes immediately enforceable as law in all member states ... As such, regulations constitute one of the most powerful forms of European Union law and a great deal of care is required in ...
European Union Reference Laboratories
The legislation concerning the designation and tasks of the European Union Reference Laboratories and the European Union ... The legislation concerning the designation and tasks of the European Union Reference Laboratories and the European Union ... The legislation concerning the designation and tasks of the European Union Reference Laboratories and the European Union ... For additional information regarding the European Union Reference Laboratories, please see our "Funding of Official Controls" ...
European Taekwondo Union - Wikipedia
The European Taekwondo Union (ETU) or World Taekwondo Europe (WTE) is the official governing body for all Taekwondo matters in ... Members of the European Taekwondo Union (WTF Style) uses the Hyung#Poomsae style of teaching Taekwondo. European Taekwondo ... European Cadets Taekwondo Championships European Juniors Taekwondo Championships European U21 Taekwondo Championships European ... European Clubs Taekwondo Championships European Poomsae Taekwondo Championships European Online Poomsae Taekwondo Championships ...
FDOPA-(18F): a PET radiopharmaceutical recently registered for diagnostic use in countries of the European Union
Furthermore, due to the sufficient half-life of 18F and a better access to PET centres in Europe, FDOPA will be accessible to ... pathologies are not covered by FDG which is the only other PET radiopharmaceutical currently registered in the European Union ... The results comply with the European Pharmacopoeia when monographs are available and the other specific methods are validated. ... The formula meets in house specifications based on the European Pharmacopoeia general monograph on Radiopharmaceuticals and USP ...
European Union | Hosted
Latest European Union News. Serbia police detain 71 after 4th night of virus protests. Jul. 11, 2020 1:03 PM EDT ... PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) - Kosovos president on Saturday announced a one-year extension of the mandate of the European Unions ... Sunday will decide a tight runoff election between populist incumbent President Andrzej Duda and his liberal pro-European Union ...
European Union | Hosted
Latest European Union News. The Latest: Spain sets up field hospital in northern city. Aug. 12, 2020 8:41 AM EDT ... BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union on Wednesday began to reimpose customs duties on certain exports from Cambodia in response ... CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - The European Union said Tuesday it wont send observers to monitor Venezuelas upcoming congressional ... as the United States warned that such deals with Beijing could jeopardize the Balkan countrys proclaimed European Union ...
IEA - European Union
USDA APHIS | European Union
Although they are not officially members of the European Union, the following countries are believed to follow the below same ... Border Inspection Post (BIP) [also known as Border Control Posts (BCP)]: Codes to utilize in European Union harmonized ... Harmonized certificates for the European Union, including those available under the individual EU Member Country pages, should ... Russian Federation: Advisory Regarding Consignments Transiting the European Union (EU) Destined for the Russian Federation - ...
European Union - Orlando Sentinel
The summit, sponsored by the European Union, began in Brussels, Belgium and also includes stops in the Neth ... Britain is expected to officially file for divorce from the European Union on Wednesday. ... Captain Thomas Bjorn of Europes Ryder Cup team said Thursday his players were an example of how the continent "stands as one." ... Commissioner Lee Constantine is the only Floridian among a dozen American leaders that have been invited by the European Union ...
Unlike the European Union, the Netherlands meets European targets for education The proportion of school-drop-outs in the ... Randstad economy fourth largest in Europe The Randstad region is the largest economic urban region in the European Union (EU) ... Differences in prosperity levels in Europe reduced The Netherlands was the second most prosperous country in the European Union ... Netherlands largest manufacturer of bicycles in Europe The overall value of bicycles manufactured in the European Union ...
European Union - Taxidermy | Europe | The Economist
IMAGINE persuading 15 independent governments to agree on common tax policies, and you soon realise why the European Union has ... Moreover, if tax breaks inside the Union are eliminated, footloose people (and companies) might go outside the Union altogether ... More from Europe. Parades end. A phoney referendum shows Putins legitimacy is fading. ... This article appeared in the Europe section of the print edition under the headline Taxidermy ...
European Union | Electronic Frontier Foundation
... adopted by the European Union in 2006, is the most prominent example of a mandatory data retention framework. The highly ... controversial Directive compels all ISPs and telecommunications service providers operating in Europe to collect and retain... ... which can have implications throughout the European Union. The European Commission is carrying out an impact assessment of the ... Countries outside the European Union such as Serbia and Iceland have also adopted data retention laws. Constitutional Courts in ...
European Union | University of Cambridge
A European Union? | The Nation
A European Union?. A European Union?. Stefan Zweigs essays in Messages From a Lost World are a product of his displacement and ... But Europe had changed forever. In 1943, Hannah Arendt noted how wealth had insulated Zweig from Europes postwar miseries. ... Nietzsches notion of "good Europeans" was an attempt to revitalize the idea of Europe without returning to Christianity, or to ... and people under the aegis of the European Union. But even this partially realized version is now under serious threat. At a ...
Italy | European Union
Environment | European Union
Green growth is at the heart of EU policy to ensure that Europes economic growth is environmentally sustainable. The EU also ... Towards a greener and more sustainable Europe. EU citizens benefit from some of the highest environmental standards in the ... The EU and national governments have set clear objectives to guide European environment policy until 2020 and a vision beyond ... EU invests more than €100 million in new LIFE Programme projects to promote a green and climate-neutral Europe ...
Eurofound european union
... will contribute to effective policies that lead to the improvement of quality of life and work in a fair and competitive Europe ... European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions) is a tripartite EU body, whose mission is to provide ... What do Europeans do at work? A task-based analysis: European Jobs Monitor 2016. News • Jun 20, 2016 17:59 BST Europe has begun ... The fifth annual European Jobs Monitor report looks at employment shifts in the European Union. ...
BBC News | Quick Guide | European Union constitution
The Opioid Epidemic Hits The European Union
State of the Union 2015 | European Commission
President Junckers first State of the Union Address focused on major challenges included the emerging refugee crisis, the ... State of the Union 2015 - by European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker. This publication provides the complete picture ... State of the Union 2015 - by European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker 09 September 2015 ... State of the Union 2015: Time for Honesty, Unity and Solidarity. State of the Union 2015: Time for Honesty, Unity and ...
Trump: European Union 'has been brutal - CNNPolitics
President Donald Trump said Saturday that the European Unions trade policies have been brutal to the United States, a ... "So, a lot of countries, and I wont be particular, but I will tell you the European Union -- brutal," Trump said at a lunch ... Trump: European Union has been brutal to the US. By Devan Cole ... President Donald Trump said Saturday that the European Unions ... "We will not sit idly while our industry is hit with unfair measures that put thousands of European jobs at risk," European ...
USDA APHIS | Pet Passports - European Union
European Union Talks Trade in Asia
Analysts say European Unions push in Asia follows example of US, other nations seeking trade deals in fast-growing Asia- ... The European Union has begun trade talks with South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). As Ron Corben ... We hope that the European Union is going to be mindful of the long-term costs of rushing into a free trade agreement without ... For both ASEAN and South Korea, trade agreements with the European Union could help ward off rising competition from China and ...
European Union Politics | University of Leicester
These first steps to European integration eventually led to the European Union, a highly-integrated single market of 28 states ... European Union Politics. Module code: PL2016. In 1951, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and West Germany ... In this module, youll look at the key principles behind the politics of the European Union. ... Youll look at the process of European integration; a process that is continuing much to the chagrin of Eurosceptics across the ...
Leaving the European Union - UK Parliament
What does triggering Article 50 mean and how does the UK leave the European Union? Read research and analysis from Parliaments ... Leaving the European Union. What does triggering Article 50 mean and how does the UK leave the European Union? Read research ... Leaving the European Union: Stability of the United Kingdoms Union. Lords Library research briefing, 21 December 2018. ... Exiting the European Union Committee report, 4 April 2018. Sets out keys tests by which any deal agreed by October 2018 must be ...
European Union - EURACTIV.com
The European Union is stepping up efforts to combat dementia, but is being urged to do more, as 18.7 million EU citizens are ... European Union plans to present a united front in the face of Brexit were thrown into disarray tonight (9 March), after Poland ... The European Union slapped sanctions on Russia for annexing Crimea. Why isnt it doing the same to Moscow for breaking ... Migration will dominate the fifth Summit between Africa and the European Union, which will be held in Abidjan on 29 and 30 ...
2016Union's2018ParliamentJean-Claude2017BrexitBRUSSELSCommission'sEU'sCommissionEurope'sCouncil of thBlocCountriesTreatyCourt of JustRegulationContentMainCrisisTalksNewsEconomyCitizensLabour-market1999PopulistTreatiesIntegrationTurkeySanctionsMigration1998LegislationSwitzerlandNational parliamentsMemberOxfamTradeCommitteeEurozoneTrumpVenezuela'sNegotiationsBritain'sArticleFormallyBarriersCrackdownNationalismRussiaSerbiaClimateCommunitiesPolicyPostwar
- ONE and Oxfam welcome that the highest amount of funding ever has been allocated to refugees and development programs in the European Union's 2016 budget. (oxfam.org)
- ECHO funding helps UNICEF save tens of thousands of children from malnutrition in 2016 - The European Commission's Humanitarian Aid department ECHO) helped UNICEF treating more than 96,000 malnourished children in Somalia. (unicef.org)
- The European Commission said in 2016 that Ireland must recover up to €13 billion ($16 billion) in unpaid taxes from Apple, its largest ever tax ruling against a single company. (cnn.com)
- The European Union referendum 2016 collection at the National Library of Scotland is a growing resource. (nls.uk)
- On 23 June 2016, eligible voters could vote on Britain's continued membership of the European Union. (nls.uk)
- While couched in diplomatic language, the European Commission's annual report on Turkey's progress toward membership blamed Ankara for a broad, collective and disproportionate crackdown after a failed 2016 coup attempt. (reuters.com)
- PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) - Kosovo's president on Saturday announced a one-year extension of the mandate of the European Union's mission to ensure the rule of law in Kosovo. (ap.org)
- This page gathers key information on the European Union's participation in the WTO. (wto.org)
- President Donald Trump said Saturday that the European Union's trade policies have "been brutal" to the United States, a sentiment he shared both online and in person after EU leaders condemned his recently announced 25% tariff on steel and 10% tariff on aluminum imports. (cnn.com)
- As Ron Corben reports from Bangkok, analysts say the European Union's push in Asia follows the example of the United States and other nations seeking trade deals in the fast-growing Asia-Pacific region. (voanews.com)
- BRUSSELS (AP) -- The European Union's statistics office on Wednesday revised its second quarter economic growth estimate up slightly in the latest sign that the bloc has left a protracted recession behind. (yahoo.com)
- BONN, Germany (CN) - The European Union's executive body filed 500 notices against member states for failing to comply with EU law. (courthousenews.com)
- European Union's vulnerability to climate change stretches far beyond its borders because many of its economic sectors, such as meat and dairy, use raw materials sourced from far afield. (nature.com)
- GDPR, the European Union's new privacy law, is drawing advertising money toward Google's online-ad services and away from competitors that are straining to show they're complying with the sweeping regulation. (coyoteblog.com)
- The legislation concerning the designation and tasks of the European Union Reference Laboratories and the European Union Reference Centres is Regulation (EU) No 2017/625 starting 29 April 2018. (europa.eu)
- BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union formally extended its economic sanctions on Russia on Wednesday, a widely expected step that keeps restrictions on business with Russian energy, defence and financial sectors until Jan. 31, 2018. (reuters.com)
- 2018: The year the European Union stands and delivers? (csmonitor.com)
- January 16, 2018 Paris and Amsterdam - At this time last year, the Dutch, French, and Germans were heading toward elections whose stakes were no less than the endurance of the European Union. (csmonitor.com)
- The ordinary legislative procedure (formerly known as the Codecision procedure) requires agreement of and allows amendments by both the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union . (wikipedia.org)
- This is the first time that the Council and the European Parliament agree on making certain energy efficiency criteria mandatory for public procurement. (iea.org)
- The Directive has been opposed by lawmakers in the European Parliament who argue that it fosters a surveillance society and undermines fundamental rights. (eff.org)
- Could this lead to the UK taking part in European Parliament elections? (parliament.uk)
- The next European Parliament is likely to offer citizens better protection of their data, according to a study conducted by a leading European think tank. (euractiv.com)
- The European Parliament and the Council will soon negotiate a revision of the Dublin regulation, concerning the EU's asylum system. (euractiv.com)
- It has been great fun watching Nigel Farage flay the European Parliament these last few years usually to looks of derision, and here he is today taking a well-earned victory lap in front of his future former colleagues, who are not amused-so much so that the speaker of the parliament has to tell the crowd to settle down. (powerlineblog.com)
- To achieve this, the EEA works closely with EU institutions, i.e. the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers. (europa.eu)
- Established in 1951 as a common market for coal and steel among six countries, the European Union today has (for now) 28 member states, an elected parliament, and a common currency used in 19 of those states. (newberry.org)
- further modifications since then have established the institutions of the EU as the European Parliament , the European Council , the Council of the European Union , the European Commission , and the Court of Justice of the European Union , the European Central Bank (see European Monetary System ), and the Court of Auditors. (questia.com)
- it is also where the various committees of the European Parliament generally meet to prepare for the monthly sessions in Strasbourg, France. (questia.com)
- The Scottish Parliament Information Centre (SPICe) has begun gathering information useful to those seeking information on the UK's decision to leave the European Union. (nls.uk)
- On foreign affairs the report raises the question of how to respond if the European Parliament sought a greater role in foreign affairs. (bbc.com)
- We will not sit idly while our industry is hit with unfair measures that put thousands of European jobs at risk," European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said in a statement. (cnn.com)
- In an open letter, a large coalition of civil society organizations and trade unions, including Oxfam, is asking European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker for a more ambitious proposal on tax transparency. (oxfam.org)
- My enthusiasm for Europe has suffered a profound shock,'' said Jean-Claude Juncker, Luxembourg's prime minister and the current European Union president, after the talks broke down. (nytimes.com)
- Theresa May has said she will trigger the formal process for the UK to leave the European Union by the end of March 2017. (sky.com)
- Britain will step up its planning for a no-deal Brexit on Thursday as it publishes a series of notes advising people and businesses how to protect themselves from the potential disruption of a clean break with the European Union. (euractiv.com)
- The migrant crisis is thought to be the chief precipitating event behind the shocking UK Brexit vote outcome, along with the general sense that the European Union and its ever expanding bureaucracy and high-handed intrusiveness is becoming intolerable. (powerlineblog.com)
- The euro crisis, several sovereign debt crises, the Great Recession, the refugee crisis, and Brexit have all challenged Europeans' willingness to show solidarity with other European citizens and member states of the European Union. (routledge.com)
- BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union on Wednesday began to reimpose customs duties on certain exports from Cambodia in response to what it said are concerns about the Southeast Asian country's human rights record. (ap.org)
- European Digital Rights (EDRI), a Brussels-based NGO, along with EFF and AK Vorrat is fighting to repeal the DRD in favor of targeted collection of traffic data. (eff.org)
- BRUSSELS - The European Union is bracing for another potential energy crisis in the dead of winter as Russian gas supplies to some of its member states suddenly have dwindled by up to 30 percent. (foxnews.com)
- A few years ago, he was expressing the irritation of all his colleagues in Brussels-and every European politician-when he said dryly that it was very good of the Americans to keep offering Turkey EU membership, but that this was a question on which the Europeans themselves might feel they had some right to be heard. (slate.com)
- People have been living under the illusion that banking union is a substitute for fiscal union," said Paul De Grauwe, an economist at the London School of Economics whose analysis has frequently informed policymaking in Brussels. (financialpost.com)
- STRASBOURG (Reuters) - Turkey is moving rapidly away from the path of European Union membership, the top EU official in charge of negotiations said on Tuesday, as Brussels delivered its harshest criticism yet of what it sees as Ankara's shift toward authoritarianism. (reuters.com)
- President Juncker's State of the Union speech covered progress in implementing the Commission's ten priorities , and explained where work needs to be done. (europa.eu)
- Despite EU intentions to crack down on tax avoidance, the European Commission's Anti-Tax Avoidance Package does not do what it says on the tin, warns Oxfam, and developing countries will feel the EU's failure most. (oxfam.org)
- EU auditors said the European Commission's efforts to tackle food waste have lacked effort, coordination, been fragmented and intermittent - and without even a real definition of food waste, in a report released yesterday. (nutraingredients.com)
- Superwoman Darasalam at the heart of fighting malnutrition in Chad - Together with the government of Chad and the European Commission's Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO), UNICEF is fighting the alarming rate of severe acute malnutrition. (unicef.org)
- Treating malnutrition in South Sudan - With the European Commission's support, UNICEF and its partners have treated over 50 000 severely malnourished children this year. (unicef.org)
- The European Commission's actions spanned every sector of governance and applied to all 27 member states. (courthousenews.com)
- The European Commission's Annual Sustainable Growth Strategy, published on Thursday, provides few clues as to how it intends to deliver greater social fairness that it commits to in its €750bn Recovery and Resilience Plan, warns the ETUC. (etuc.org)
- Future of Europe: is the EU's dream of expansion to the east dead? (telegraph.co.uk)
- ²The treaties of Maastricht and Rome form the EU's legal basis, and are also referred to as the Treaty on European Union (TEU) and the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU), respectively. (wikipedia.org)
- ⁴Between the EU's founding in 1993 and consolidation in 2009, the union consisted of three pillars, the first of which were the European Communities. (wikipedia.org)
- The European Commission - the EU's executive arm - speaks for all EU member States at almost all WTO meetings. (wto.org)
- European border closures and restrictions are dramatically worsening the humanitarian crisis for refugees and migrants and a decision to shift the EU's responsibility for refugees to Turkey would see the bloc bargaining its core values and abandoning fundamental legal obligations. (oxfam.org)
- In this context, it should be noted that while applying the EU's binding standards in an area covered by the Charter, some member States of the European Union have not accepted the Charter provisions establishing legally equivalent guarantees. (coe.int)
- A spokeswoman for the European Commission, the EU's executive body, said Sunday evening that Ankara hasn't formally notified the EU of its decision. (wsj.com)
- The article concludes that dealing with China was one of the main arguments in favor of ratifying the Treaty of Lisbon because it provides for a permanent president of the European Council and a single foreign affairs post for the entire EU, which facilitates the EU's coherence in its external affairs. (ssrn.com)
- This last motivation in particular informed the awarding of the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize to the European Union, which also mentioned the EU's fostering of democracy in its member nations. (questia.com)
- The Treaty of European Union, signed in Maastricht, the Netherlands, in 1992 and ratified in 1993, provided for a central banking system, a common currency to replace the national currencies (the euro), a legal definition of the EU, and a framework for expanding the EU's political role, particularly in the area of foreign and security policy. (questia.com)
- What is unlikely to change, however, is the EU's ambition of "ever closer union" written into the treaties. (bbc.com)
-  The Council of the European Union can delegate power to make decisions to the European Commission . (wikipedia.org)
- The European Commission, which supervises trade deals and relations on behalf of the 27. (ap.org)
- The European Commission has referred Sweden back to the European Court for failing to transpose the EU legislation into national law. (eff.org)
- The European Commission is carrying out an impact assessment of the Directive and has announced its intention to propose a revision. (eff.org)
- The European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) criticized the report , arguing that the Commission has failed to demonstrate that the DRD is necessary and proportionate. (eff.org)
- EFF supports EDRI's position urging the Commission to overturn the DRD and stop the ongoing violation of 500 million innocent Europeans. (eff.org)
- I am willing to take part in further surveys and testing of European Commission websites. (europa.eu)
- Jean-Jaques Bouflet is the trade counselor at the European Commission office in Thailand. (voanews.com)
- The European Commission has missed yet another chance to effectively end tax havens. (oxfam.org)
- New proposals from the European Commission on migration are a first step toward creating safe and legal routes for people on the move, says Oxfam. (oxfam.org)
- Belgium releases its third update to BELFRIT (Belgium, France, Italy) list of approved botanicals, as a list of more than 2, 000 health claims are still waiting to be approved by the European Commission. (nutraingredients.com)
- The European Commission proposed sweeping new rules on Wednesday that would drastically change how and where top digital companies are taxed. (cnn.com)
- That tax could add €5 billion ($6.1 billion) a year to the coffers of member countries, the European Commission estimates. (cnn.com)
- The amount of profits currently going untaxed is unacceptable," European Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis said in a statement. (cnn.com)
- Yet Komárek also pointed out that the European Commission regularly files large quantities of decisions all at once. (courthousenews.com)
- EEA's interaction with the European Commission needs to be ensured at the proper points in the policy-making cycle. (europa.eu)
- The Directorate General (DG) Environment ( DG ENV ) as well as DG Climate Action (DG CLIMA) are EEA's main counterparts at the European Commission and providing input in the elaboration of the EEA Annual Work Programme. (europa.eu)
- As environmental considerations are being more and more integrated in sectoral policies, the EEA also cooperates with other Directorates General of the European Commission , such as Transport and Energy, Research, Agriculture and Regional Policy DGs. (europa.eu)
- The European Commission put its gas coordination committee on alert Friday, but insisted the situation had not yet reached an emergency level since coordination between nations to help each other had improved and storage facilities had been upgraded. (foxnews.com)
- As inputs to their decision, they had before them March 1998 reports published by the European Commission and the European Monetary Institute (EMI)assessing how countries had complied with the convergence criteria established by the Maastricht Treaty in the areas of inflation, public finances, interest rates, and exchange rates. (imf.org)
- The remarks of European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso earlier this year that it would be "extremely difficult, if not impossible" for an independent Scotland to join the European Union has sparked a debate among policymakers and legal experts across Europe. (ox.ac.uk)
- Trade unions welcome action by the European Commission today to protect over 1.1 million people from work-related cancer by putting binding exposure limits on three dangerous substances. (etuc.org)
- The European Commission this week voted to back two tidal array projects with a combined $51.5 million in funding for Scottish Power Renewables and Marine Current Turbines. (upi.com)
- Reding is actually Vice President of the European Commission (the executive of the EU) and Commissioner for Justice (equivalent of Justice Secretary in the US). (schneier.com)
- Novartis is pleased with this positive decision by the European Commission for Focetria," said Dr. Jrg Reinhardt, CEO of Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, a division of Novartis. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Moreover, the article concludes that the European Commission should negotiate the prospective Partnership and Cooperation Agreement between the EU and China more constructively, without patronizing China, and instead accept it as an equal player in the current multipolar framework of global economic governance. (ssrn.com)
- Maintenance of the official text for EU legislation, and the interpretation of that legislation, is the responsibility of the European Commission. (gc.ca)
- KENILWORTH, N.J.--( BUSINESS WIRE )-- Merck & Co. (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today announced that the European Commission (EC) has granted marketing authorization in the European Union (EU) for soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC) stimulator VERQUVO® (vericiguat). (biospace.com)
- The European Commission report said that since the introduction of the state of emergency, more than 150,000 people had been taken into custody, 78,000 arrested and more than 110,000 civil servants dismissed. (reuters.com)
- The European Commission has launched a public consultation on possible activities to include in a proposal for a Council Recommendation on Strengthened Cooperation against Vaccine Preventable Diseases in the EU. (eurosurveillance.org)
- We now have a clear mandate, confirmed by all the member states,' said Europe's Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht after ministers gave the European Commission a green light to open talks on a free trade deal, or FTA, which could take several years to negotiate. (industryweek.com)
- Eurostat, the official statistics bureau of the European Union, has published data report on Europe's farms, fisheries and food supply. (nutraingredients.com)
- Immigration from non-European countries, already a highly contentious issue in much of the European Union, would not fill the gap even if Europe's relatively homogenous countries were willing to embrace millions of foreign newcomers, experts say. (nytimes.com)
- European Union trade ministers agreed Thursday to launch negotiations on a mega-sized free trade deal with Japan while pledging to safeguard Europe's struggling carmakers. (industryweek.com)
Council of th1
- The Council of the European Union is the main decision-making body of the European Union. (europa.eu)
- The European Union has been awarded the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, a move that comes as the 27-member bloc works to contain the debt crisis in the euro zone. (wsj.com)
- Norway's Nobel Committee handed its 2012 Peace Prize to the European Union, even as the bloc faces its most serious crisis since it emerged from the ruins of two world wars, an award that served as both endorsement and warning. (wsj.com)
- The European Union 's executive arm, alarmed by the trend, estimates that, if birthrates remain this low, the bloc will have a shortfall of 20 million workers by 2030. (nytimes.com)
- The EU has improved coordination within the bloc to make sure Europeans would not be held hostage in another payment dispute between Russia and Ukraine. (foxnews.com)
- Launched in June 2007, the negotiations for the proposed Broad-based Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA) between India and the 27-nation European bloc has witnessed many hurdles with both sides having major differences on crucial issues. (indiatimes.com)
- But if a "grand coalition" is formed in Germany, allowing Ms. Merkel and Mr. Macron to renew the Franco-German partnership that is at the heart of the bloc, many see an opening to act on reforms to deepen the integration of the EU - now that eurozone economies are taking off after the debt crisis, and citizen optimism in the European project is at its highest in years. (csmonitor.com)
- It presents key indicators of health and health systems in 36 European countries ─ including the 28 EU member states, five candidate countries and three European Free Trade Association countries ─ and is intended to help these countries assess the relative strengths and weaknesses of their health systems. (oecd.org)
- There is little evidence that so-called "credibility effects" have altered the trade-off between inflation and employment for countries that have adhered to the exchange rate mechanism of the European Monetary System. (oecd.org)
- Since the end of World War II, sovereign European countries have entered into treaties and thereby co-operated and harmonised policies (or pooled sovereignty) in an increasing number of areas, in the so-called European integration project or the construction of Europe (French: la construction européenne). (wikipedia.org)
- Although they are not officially members of the European Union, the following countries are believed to follow the below same requirements as the European Union for imports: United Kingdom, Norway, Switzerland, Greenland, and Iceland. (usda.gov)
- Countries outside the European Union such as Serbia and Iceland have also adopted data retention laws. (eff.org)
- At the same time EU-wide income inequality also increased as income convergence between European countries stalled. (mynewsdesk.com)
- Wage inequality has been increasing overall in Europe since the onset of the Great Recession, and is mainly due to rising wage inequalities within countries, according to a new report from Eurofound, the Dublin-based EU Agency. (mynewsdesk.com)
- Conducted by investigators at RTI International , new research examined nonmedical prescription drug use in five European countries-Denmark, Germany, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. (forbes.com)
- So, a lot of countries, and I won't be particular, but I will tell you the European Union -- brutal," Trump said at a lunch with donors at at Mar-a-Lago. (cnn.com)
- The President also said the EU, which is comprised of 28 European countries, had "banded together in order to beat the United States in trade. (cnn.com)
- From those fleeing the war in Syria or climate change-induced droughts, to those stranded in inadequate conditions in Europe, you can help us give life-saving support to refugees in the countries where they need it most. (oxfam.org)
- Structural convergence of European countries ," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 75, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics. (repec.org)
- This book is a comparative study which sheds a new empirical and theoretical light on the nature of post-communist capitalism in 11 EU new member countries of Central and Eastern Europe, or CEE11. (routledge.com)
- He also blamed ''three or four rich countries'' for refusing to accept the budget deal and said, ''Europe is a serious crisis. (nytimes.com)
- The failure, a day after the leaders shelved the ratification of their first constitution in history, left many officials here predicting that the European Union is likely to enter into a period of paralysis and self-doubt as member countries decide to what extent they must put national interests and domestic politics before common goals. (nytimes.com)
- But the bloc's 10 new member countries could experience long delays in promised European Union payments for the modernization of their infrastructures. (nytimes.com)
- LUXEMBOURG -- A deep rift opened Sunday between the 15-nation European Union and Turkey, just a day after EU leaders declared "an end to the divisions of the past" by inviting 10 Central and Eastern European countries plus Cyprus to start membership talks. (wsj.com)
- One possible alternative political constellation would be for countries to "create a number of European unions, not just one. (courthousenews.com)
- After a long decline, birthrates in European countries have reached a historic low, as potential parents increasingly opt for few or no children. (nytimes.com)
- Western European countries are also suffering: Greece, Italy and Spain have had rates of 1.3 and under for a decade. (nytimes.com)
- The European Union is Venezuela's third largest trading partner behind the United States and China, and has joined the growing list of countries that are turning the screws on the nation. (miamiherald.com)
- Since the start of the crisis, the European Union has demonstrated its growing power over countries that use the single currency. (etuc.org)
- See the hand over of a lot of personal data by many countries and airliners in Europe to the authorities in the US, where all that data is available to a lot of authorities for a long, long period. (schneier.com)
- The member countries completed their move toward a single market in 1993 and agreed to participate in a larger common market, the European Economic Area (est. (questia.com)
- Differences of opinion over what precisely is needed to create a banking union among the eurozone's 17 countries and other EU states that decide to join were on display at a finance ministers' meeting in Cyprus last weekend. (financialpost.com)
- Data from multiple international sources were analyzed to evaluate the 10 most commonly used approaches for addressing illicit trade and to summarize differences in implementation across select countries and the European Union (EU). (cdc.gov)
- The United States has essentially won the right to export meat to the European Union, as well as Japan and other countries which try to keep it out for a variety of reasons. (americanbar.org)
- The EU and European citizenship were established when the Maastricht Treaty came into force in 1993. (wikipedia.org)
- The EU traces its origins to the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and the European Economic Community (EEC), established, respectively, by the 1951 Treaty of Paris and 1957 Treaty of Rome. (wikipedia.org)
- Per Article 288 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (formerly Article 249 TEC ). (wikipedia.org)
- The description of regulations can be found in Article 288 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (formerly Article 249 TEC ). (wikipedia.org)
- In 1951, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and West Germany signed the Treaty of Rome and founded the European Coal and Steel Community. (le.ac.uk)
- European Union (EU), name given since the ratification (Nov., 1993) of the Treaty of European Union, or Maastricht Treaty, to the European Community (EC), an economic and political confederation of European nations, and other organizations (with the same member nations) that are responsible for a common foreign and security policy and for cooperation on justice and home affairs. (questia.com)
- The former EC, which formed the core of the EU, originally referred to the group of Western European nations that belonged to each of three treaty organizations-the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC), the European Economic Community (EEC), and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). (questia.com)
- The EEC, working on a large scale to promote the convergence of national economies into a single European economy, soon emerged as the most significant of the three treaty organizations. (questia.com)
Court of Just4
- An Irish constitutional challenge against its 2009 data retention law has been referred to the European Court of Justice (ECJ). (eff.org)
- 1980), commonly known as the Rome Convention , which applied in the member states of the European Union (EU) and whose interpretation lay within the scope of the European Court of Justice upon reference from national courts. (britannica.com)
- The European Court of Justice has said Germany's rules on amino acids as ingredients are not compatible with EU law, creating potential for confusion on amino acid rules in the EU. (nutraingredients.com)
- The purpose of entitlement to paid annual leave is to enable the worker to rest and enjoy a period of relaxation and leisure," the Court of Justice of the European Union, based in Luxembourg, ruled in a case involving department store workers in Spain. (coyoteblog.com)
- The Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) is the main source of EUR-Lex content. (europa.eu)
- European companies cannot borrow or lend money to Russia's five main state-owned banks for more than 30 days, limiting Moscow's avenues for raising funds. (reuters.com)
- Europe has begun to emerge from the prolonged slump caused by the global financial crisis in 2008 and exacerbated by the euro zone single-currency crisis in 2010-2011. (mynewsdesk.com)
- Despite the general upswing since the economic crisis in 2008, an increasing number of European citizens are at risk of poverty. (euractiv.com)
- People will tell you that Europe is not in crisis. (nytimes.com)
- The European Union has begun trade talks with South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). (voanews.com)
- The talks are driven in part by European fears of being blocked out of Asian markets as governments in the region sign trade deals with each other and the United States. (voanews.com)
- As the United States continues to threaten sanctions to win better foreign access to Japan's automobile market, Tokyo yielded ground Tuesday on some auto trade issues in talks with the European Union. (latimes.com)
- LONDON: After a gap of almost 20 months, India and European Union are likely to resume talks for the proposed free trade agreement (FTA) to boost commerce and investment. (indiatimes.com)
- Europe is going into these talks with its eyes wide open,' he said, while adding that he was confident that Tokyo was ready to open up its market, recently having finally agreed to grant liquor licenses for EU firms. (industryweek.com)
- We have achieved a substantial breakthrough, but we have not achieved everything we want," European Trade Commissioner Sir Leon Brittan said at a Tokyo news conference. (latimes.com)
- Turkey "continues to take huge strides away from the EU, in particular in the areas of rule of law and fundamental rights," European Commissioner Johannes Hahn, who oversees EU membership bids, told a news conference after publishing the report. (reuters.com)
- The Developments in Working Life in Europe 2014 annual review, which is part of a series of annual reviews published by Eurofound, shows that Europe is undergoing significant changes in terms of its economy, industrial relations and working conditions. (mynewsdesk.com)
- In the immediate aftermath of the recession in 2008, employment in the public sector continued to grow, helping to sustain demand in the European economy. (mynewsdesk.com)
- Still, even meager growth in Europe provides a boon to the global economy. (yahoo.com)
- The European Unemployment Dilemma ," Journal of Political Economy , University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(3), pages 514-550, June. (repec.org)
- This applies to all European citizens, including those not suspected or convicted of any crime. (eff.org)
- Enthusiasts for the new forum agreed by France and Germany for discussing economic policy among euro members argue that a single currency must lead to common taxes, common labour-market rules-and ultimately to political union. (economist.com)
- WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Voters in Poland on Sunday will decide a tight runoff election between populist incumbent President Andrzej Duda and his liberal pro-European Union challenger, Warsaw Mayor Rafal Trzaskowski. (ap.org)
- After a year of challenges from the populist far right, Europe looks set for an opportunity to reform. (csmonitor.com)
- ³The European Communities obtained common institutions and a shared legal personality (i.e. ability to e.g. sign treaties in their own right). (wikipedia.org)
- The Single European Act (1987) amended the EC's treaties so as to strengthen the organization's ability to create a single internal market. (questia.com)
- It also opens the way to deeper EU integration, which some people argue will turn the Union into a superstate. (bbc.co.uk)
- These first steps to European integration eventually led to the European Union, a highly-integrated single market of 28 states with free movement of people, goods, services and capital. (le.ac.uk)
- This then played into the hands of demagogue politicians who painted a relatively negative and unbalanced picture of European integration. (bangkokpost.com)
- Economic Convergence in the European Union ," Journal of Economic Integration , Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 18, pages 188-213. (repec.org)
- Trade Unions and European Integration brings together pessimists and optimists on trade unionism under the contemporary pressures of European integration. (routledge.com)
- It also provides administrative support to the Committee for European Integration. (pitt.edu)
- The return of people from Greece to Turkey takes Europe yet another step closer to a policy of deterrence and indifference, Oxfam says in reaction to deportations starting today. (oxfam.org)
- By excluding Turkey from the group of 11 states firmly on the road to EU membership -- instead inviting it to participate in a loosely defined European Conference -- the leaders provoked a stern response from Ankara. (wsj.com)
- How Turkey lost its shot at the European Union. (slate.com)
- Together they explain a bald fact of life: Turkey is not going to join the European Union. (slate.com)
- And yet just how little of a true neocon he is can be seen by the fact that Sarkozy is the first leading politician in any large European country to say loudly and clearly that Turkey will not join the European Union. (slate.com)
- It warned that years of progress toward European Union standards in human rights, freedom of expression and the rule of law were being reversed and that Turkey had seen a weakening of local democracy as presidential powers increased. (reuters.com)
- Turkey isn't the one moving away from the European Union. (reuters.com)
- That would be a wrong signal towards those in Turkey who still long for European values," Germany's Michael Roth told reporters at a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg. (reuters.com)
- The government welcomed a European Union decision to ease sanctions imposed on Nigeria three years ago to nudge the West African nation toward democracy. (latimes.com)
- Since 2015, Venezuela has been hit by sanctions from the United States, Switzerland, Panama and the 28 members of the European Union. (miamiherald.com)
- Under the sanctions that were imposed in tandem with the United States, European companies are banned from doing business with or investing in Russia's defence and energy industries, while financial ties are severely limited. (reuters.com)
- Migration will dominate the fifth Summit between Africa and the European Union, which will be held in Abidjan on 29 and 30 November. (euractiv.com)
- On June 1, 1998, the EMI ceased to operate and the European Central Bank (ECB) commenced operations. (imf.org)
- She told supporters the bill would scrap the legislation that took Britain into Europe 44 years ago and end the supremacy of EU law. (sky.com)
- Chinese supplier BGG's has won EU novel foods approval for two astaxanthin forms through its new European HQ in Lugano, Switzerland. (nutraingredients.com)
- She added: "It's not going to be a Norway or Switzerland model, it's going to be an agreement between an independent, sovereign United Kingdom and the European Union. (sky.com)
- Poland's foreign minister has called for strengthening the role of states and national parliaments in the European decision-making process and moving away from the federalist model. (euractiv.com)
- She told supporters: "We're going to be a fully independent sovereign country that is no longer part of a political union with supranational institutions that can override national parliaments and courts. (sky.com)
- The European Union (EU) is a political and economic union of 27 member states that are located primarily in Europe. (wikipedia.org)
- It comprises the National Taekwondo Federations of all the European member nations and regulates all Taekwondo matters on a continental basis. (wikipedia.org)
- Harmonized certificates for the European Union, including those available under the individual EU Member Country pages, should NOT be transferred to letterhead prior to endorsement. (usda.gov)
- The Netherlands is one of the 19 member states of the European Union (EU) with a growing population. (cbs.nl)
- The European Union (until 30 November 2009 known officially in the WTO as the European Communities for legal reasons) ( more info ) has been a WTO member since 1 January 1995. (wto.org)
- An EU Pet Passport is a document issued by an official veterinarian in an European Union (EU) Member State (country within the EU) or other designated country that contains official health information related to a specific pet. (usda.gov)
- At one point, the 10 new European Union member states, all of them less affluent than the established members, made an unsuccessful effort to rescue a deal by offering to give up some aid. (nytimes.com)
- Komárek thinks the growth of the union - which since 2004 has nearly doubled in size, adding 12 member states - has also made it more difficult to reach consensus on policies. (courthousenews.com)
- Focetria, a new human vaccine designed for use following the declaration of an influenza pandemic, has received European Union approval in all 27 member states as well as Iceland and Norway. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Voters were asked: 'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union? (nls.uk)
- Oxfam is dismayed by the results of the European summit, which has strengthened a security-led approach to border control as the principal response of Europe to the plight of people arriving at its borders. (oxfam.org)
- The EU is a single customs union with a single trade policy and tariff. (wto.org)
- As Asian nations become wealthier and their trade expands, the European Union is eager to tap into that growth. (voanews.com)
- We hope that the European Union is going to be mindful of the long-term costs of rushing into a free trade agreement without due diligence,' Stothardt says. (voanews.com)
- A trade deal could lift South Korea's exports to the EU by 36 percent and European exports to Seoul could grow more than 47 percent. (voanews.com)
- Japan Yields Some Ground to EU on Auto Issues : Trade: European official warns Tokyo against striking exclusive deal with United States. (latimes.com)
- Safety and health at work - and prevention of MSDs - more important than ever in times of Covid-19 The health and safety of workers and the protection of jobs and rights have been the priority of the European trade union movement throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. (etuc.org)
- Singapore will allow duty-free access for all incoming shipments from the European Union immediately, the city's Ministry of Trade and Industry said in a statement today. (bloomberg.com)
- This article analyzes European Union-China trade relations in the context of the current negotiations for a new comprehensive framework agreement between the European Union (EU) and the People's Republic of China. (ssrn.com)
- The article explains the steps taken for negotiating a new comprehensive framework agreement between China and the European Union, examines trade relations between the two entities as well as the bilateral trade relations from a Chinese perspective. (ssrn.com)
- In the interim, Britain had engineered the formation (1959) of the European Free Trade Association. (questia.com)
- 1994), with most of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) nations. (questia.com)
- Economics - protectionism, free trade, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), Europe since the 2008 economic crash, the north-south divide in Europe, and the Euro and Eurozone. (nls.uk)
- To assuage their fears, and to avoid repercussions within the framework of the World Trade Organization, the European Union ("EU") has adopted seemingly innocuous rules which effectively slow down American penetration of many food markets. (americanbar.org)
- Its trade minister, Nicole Bricq, said Italy, Romania, Spain and Slovakia had joined a call for a safeguard clause to protect sensitive European sectors, including automakers. (industryweek.com)
- The committee, whose decision Europeans both celebrated and mocked, said the prize recognized more than six decades during which the conflict-ridden continent pulled together and became a harbinger of 'peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights' at home and beyond. (wsj.com)
- The EEA also cooperates with EU advisory bodies, i.e. the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee, and other European agencies. (europa.eu)
- The EEA works together with EU advisory bodies i.e., the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee , upon their request. (europa.eu)
- Originally the idea of a banking union was to have deposit guarantees to stop the outflow of money from Spain," said Sharon Bowles, who chairs the European Parliament's influential economic and monetary affairs committee. (financialpost.com)
- Concerns are growing among European investors and lawmakers that plans for a eurozone banking union will end up half-baked, with the financial backstops required to underpin the ambitious scheme unlikely to be in place for years. (financialpost.com)
- Macron gave a major policy speech in September outlining his vision for the future of Europe, including a more integrated eurozone. (csmonitor.com)
- The Washington Post reports that European leaders are "shocked" by statements Donald Trump has made about the EU and NATO. (powerlineblog.com)
- CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - The European Union said Tuesday it won't send observers to monitor Venezuela's upcoming congressional election, citing a lack of fair conditions for a vote that could erase the opposition's last major domestic stronghold of power. (ap.org)
- The first step has been taken in what is intended to be a far-reaching audit of Britain's relationship with the European Union. (bbc.com)
- This article relating to European Union law is a stub . (wikipedia.org)
- What does triggering Article 50 mean and how does the UK leave the European Union? (parliament.uk)
- British Prime Minister Theresa May has shown that she is no Ms. Maybe, and has formally triggered the Article 50 timetable for the UK to leave the European Union. (powerlineblog.com)
- The following article is a summary of a project to provide advice to Illinois farmers wishing to engage in value added work by selling a ready to eat meal in the European Union. (americanbar.org)
- In her speech, Mrs May said: "Having voted to leave, I know that the public will soon expect to see on the horizon the point at which Britain does formally leave the European Union. (sky.com)
- A recent RAND Corporation report on low birthrates warned of serious long-term repercussions, concluding: "These developments could pose significant barriers to achieving the European Union goals of full employment, economic growth and social cohesion. (nytimes.com)
- He also observed that, although "the wall that divided Europe has now been removed, barriers still exist, even if they cannot be seen, such as linguistic and cultural barriers. (insurancejournal.com)
- De Gucht said Europe in a 'like for like' stance would not reduce tariffs before Japan delivered on regulatory barriers. (industryweek.com)
- MINSK, Belarus (AP) - The top opposition candidate in Belarus' presidential election left for Lithuania Tuesday but anti-government demonstrators still turned out for a third straight night to protest the vote results, despite a massive police crackdown that prompted a warning of possible European Union. (ap.org)
- Cuba say it has resumed formal ties with all European Union nations, ending a strain in relations following Cuba's 2003 government crackdown on dissidents. (voanews.com)
- Following the crackdown, the European Union began to reduce high-level government visits and invited dissidents to embassy gatherings. (voanews.com)
- European Union leaders should publicly and privately press China's government to end its crackdown on human rights and immediately release all detained activists, Human Rights Watch said yesterday in a joint letter with a dozen other nongovernmental organisations. (ekklesia.co.uk)
- He enjoyed Herzl's company and respected his singular commitment to the Zionist cause, but Zweig never subscribed to a doctrine that he thought repurposed the creeds of European nationalism. (thenation.com)
- Twice over the past decade, disputes between Russia and Ukraine turned into European emergencies as gas supplies diminished, leaving the prospect of tens of millions of people across the continent without heat. (foxnews.com)
- BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) - Serbia is considering buying a modern Chinese air defense missile system, the Serbian president said Tuesday, as the United States warned that such deals with Beijing could jeopardize the Balkan country's proclaimed European Union membership goals. (ap.org)
- EU finance ministers still cannot agree on decisive elements of a European Financial Transaction Tax - a missed chance for a strong signal to the climate summit in Paris. (oxfam.org)
- The EEA, DG ENV, DG CLIMA, the DG for Research and Innovation, the Joint Research Centre (JRC) and Eurostat work in close collaboration on the knowledge base for European environment and and climate policy. (europa.eu)
- As if that terrible warning weren't enough, his opponents have made another shocking charge: Sarkozy is "an American neoconservative with a French passport," and it says something about the climate of opinion in Europe that "neocon" and "Nazi" are now insults of roughly equal weight. (slate.com)
- The original members of what came to be known as the European Communities were the Inner Six: Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and West Germany. (wikipedia.org)
- The EU inherited many of its present responsibilities from the European Communities (EC), which were founded in the 1950s in the spirit of the Schuman Declaration. (wikipedia.org)
- ⁵The consolidation meant that the EU inherited the European Communities' legal personality and that the pillar system was abolished, resulting in the EU framework as such covering all policy areas. (wikipedia.org)
- Provides the original official documents from the European Communities. (wto.org)
- Through the Common Foreign and Security Policy, the union has developed a role in external relations and defence. (wikipedia.org)
- The United States and the European Union stand ready to work with others in welcoming into the international community a North Korea that abandons its pursuit of weapons of mass destruction and policy of threats aimed at its neighbors and that protects the rights of its people. (huffingtonpost.com)
- In the section of the European Union you find the information about the funds of EU, the cohesion policy and the territorial agenda of the EU. (mmr.cz)
- The cohesion policy, or the policy of the economic, social and territorial cohesion, is with the common agricultural policy the most important policy of the European Union. (mmr.cz)
- It is widely credited for helping to secure postwar peace and prosperity in Western Europe and later in guiding the democratization of Mediterranean and post-communist Europe in the 1980s and 1990s. (newberry.org)
- While postwar recovery was stimulated by the Marshall Plan , the idea of a united Europe was held up as the basis for European strength and security and the best way of preventing another European war. (questia.com)