Music: Sound that expresses emotion through rhythm, melody, and harmony.Music Therapy: The use of music as an adjunctive therapy in the treatment of neurological, mental, or behavioral disorders.EuropeEurope, EasternMP3-Player: Portable electronics device for storing and playing audio and or media files. MP3 for MPEG-1 audio layer 3, is a digital coding format.Auditory Perception: The process whereby auditory stimuli are selected, organized, and interpreted by the organism.Pitch Perception: A dimension of auditory sensation varying with cycles per second of the sound stimulus.Dancing: Rhythmic and patterned body movements which are usually performed to music.Pitch Discrimination: The ability to differentiate tones.Acoustic Stimulation: Use of sound to elicit a response in the nervous system.Aptitude: The ability to acquire general or special types of knowledge or skill.Auditory Perceptual Disorders: Acquired or developmental cognitive disorders of AUDITORY PERCEPTION characterized by a reduced ability to perceive information contained in auditory stimuli despite intact auditory pathways. Affected individuals have difficulty with speech perception, sound localization, and comprehending the meaning of inflections of speech.Hearing Loss, Noise-Induced: Hearing loss due to exposure to explosive loud noise or chronic exposure to sound level greater than 85 dB. The hearing loss is often in the frequency range 4000-6000 hertz.Pleasure: Sensation of enjoyment or gratification.ArtRelaxation: Activity which reduces the feelings of tension and the effects of STRESS, PHYSIOLOGICAL.Sound Spectrography: The graphic registration of the frequency and intensity of sounds, such as speech, infant crying, and animal vocalizations.Cochlear Implants: Electronic hearing devices typically used for patients with normal outer and middle ear function, but defective inner ear function. In the COCHLEA, the hair cells (HAIR CELLS, VESTIBULAR) may be absent or damaged but there are residual nerve fibers. The device electrically stimulates the COCHLEAR NERVE to create sound sensation.North AmericaEncyclopedias as Topic: Works containing information articles on subjects in every field of knowledge, usually arranged in alphabetical order, or a similar work limited to a special field or subject. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)Prince Edward Island: An island in the Gulf of St. Lawrence constituting a province of Canada in the eastern part of the country. It is very irregular in shape with many deep inlets. Its capital is Charlottetown. Discovered by the French in 1534 and originally named Ile Saint-Jean, it was renamed in 1799 in honor of Prince Edward, fourth son of George III and future father of Queen Victoria. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p981 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p433)Ceremonial Behavior: A series of actions, sometimes symbolic actions which may be associated with a behavior pattern, and are often indispensable to its performance.MedlinePlus: NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE service for health professionals and consumers. It links extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other reviewed sources of information on specific diseases and conditions.Holidays: Days commemorating events. Holidays also include vacation periods.Confusion: A mental state characterized by bewilderment, emotional disturbance, lack of clear thinking, and perceptual disorientation.Travel: Aspects of health and disease related to travel.Hinduism: A complex body of social, cultural, and religious beliefs and practices evolved in and largely confined to the Indian subcontinent and marked by a caste system, an outlook tending to view all forms and theories as aspects of one eternal being and truth, and the practice of the way of works, the way of knowledge, or the way of devotion as a means of release from the round of rebirths. (From Webster, 3d ed)Congresses as Topic: Conferences, conventions or formal meetings usually attended by delegates representing a special field of interest.International Cooperation: The interaction of persons or groups of persons representing various nations in the pursuit of a common goal or interest.Pharmacopoeias as Topic: Authoritative treatises on drugs and preparations, their description, formulation, analytic composition, physical constants, main chemical properties used in identification, standards for strength, purity, and dosage, chemical tests for determining identity and purity, etc. They are usually published under governmental jurisdiction (e.g., USP, the United States Pharmacopoeia; BP, British Pharmacopoeia; P. Helv., the Swiss Pharmacopoeia). They differ from FORMULARIES in that they are far more complete: formularies tend to be mere listings of formulas and prescriptions.United States Food and Drug Administration: An agency of the PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE concerned with the overall planning, promoting, and administering of programs pertaining to maintaining standards of quality of foods, drugs, therapeutic devices, etc.Anniversaries and Special Events: Occasions to commemorate an event or occasions designated for a specific purpose.Security Measures: Regulations to assure protection of property and equipment.ExplosionsCyprus: An island republic in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. Its capital is Nicosia. It was colonized by the Phoenicians and ancient Greeks and ruled successively by the Assyrian, Persian, Ptolemaic, Roman, and Byzantine Empires. It was under various countries from the 12th to the 20th century but became independent in 1960. The name comes from the Greek Kupros, probably representing the Sumerian kabar or gabar, copper, famous in historic times for its copper mines. The cypress tree is also named after the island. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p308 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p134)Cupressus: A plant genus of the family CUPRESSACEAE. Cypress ordinarily refers to this but also forms part of the name of plants in other genera.European Union: The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)Chamaecyparis: A plant genus of the family CUPRESSACEAE which should not be confused with other cedar and cypress trees of THUJA or CUPRESSUS genera.Taxodium: A plant genus of the family TAXODIACEAE. Members contain taxodione and taxodone, which are diterpenoid quinone methide tumor inhibitors.Government: The complex of political institutions, laws, and customs through which the function of governing is carried out in a specific political unit.Peas: A variable annual leguminous vine (Pisum sativum) that is cultivated for its rounded smooth or wrinkled edible protein-rich seeds, the seed of the pea, and the immature pods with their included seeds. (From Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1973)Vocalization, Animal: Sounds used in animal communication.Singing: Modulation of human voice to produce sounds augmented by musical tonality and rhythm.Tripelennamine: A histamine H1 antagonist with low sedative action but frequent gastrointestinal irritation. It is used to treat ASTHMA; HAY FEVER; URTICARIA; and RHINITIS; and also in veterinary applications. Tripelennamine is administered by various routes, including topically.New Zealand: A group of islands in the southwest Pacific. Its capital is Wellington. It was discovered by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1642 and circumnavigated by Cook in 1769. Colonized in 1840 by the New Zealand Company, it became a British crown colony in 1840 until 1907 when colonial status was terminated. New Zealand is a partly anglicized form of the original Dutch name Nieuw Zeeland, new sea land, possibly with reference to the Dutch province of Zeeland. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p842 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p378)Orgasm: The climax of sexual excitement in either humans or animals.Flight, Animal: The use of wings or wing-like appendages to remain aloft and move through the air.ScotlandDiapers, Infant: Absorbent pads designed to be worn by infants and very young children.Imagery (Psychotherapy): The use of mental images produced by the imagination as a form of psychotherapy. It can be classified by the modality of its content: visual, verbal, auditory, olfactory, tactile, gustatory, or kinesthetic. Common themes derive from nature imagery (e.g., forests and mountains), water imagery (e.g., brooks and oceans), travel imagery, etc. Imagery is used in the treatment of mental disorders and in helping patients cope with other diseases. Imagery often forms a part of HYPNOSIS, of AUTOGENIC TRAINING, of RELAXATION TECHNIQUES, and of BEHAVIOR THERAPY. (From Encyclopedia of Human Behavior, vol. 4, pp29-30, 1994)Holistic Nursing: A philosophy of nursing practice that takes into account total patient care, considering the physical, emotional, social, economic, and spiritual needs of patients, their response to their illnesses, and the effect of illness on patients' abilities to meet self-care needs. (From Mosby's Medical, Nursing, & Allied Health Dictionary, 4th ed, p745)Creativity: The ability to generate new ideas or images.Psychophysiologic Disorders: A group of disorders characterized by physical symptoms that are affected by emotional factors and involve a single organ system, usually under AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM control. (American Psychiatric Glossary, 1988)Hospitals, Psychiatric: Special hospitals which provide care to the mentally ill patient.
London's Astoria Theatre Bought by Derwent Valley , Europe > Western Europe from AllBusiness.com Archived 3 March 2008 at the ... It is unknown whether the theatre will be used for music as well as dramatic purposes. The former site of the Astoria cannot be ... The venue is still seen today as an iconic music establishment, as it helped to launch the careers of many British rock bands ... After further conversion, the building re-opened in the mid-1980s, as a night club and live music venue for well-known musical ...
"Europe's Conscience". Sheffield Independent -. December 19, 1918. "Colour Music". The Sydney Morning Herald. September 20, 1895 ... Over the years he exhibited 34 works at the summer show and often these reflected his travels on the continent of Europe. ... However, World War I prevented this and the first performance combining light and music was in New York in 1915 using an ... "Exhibition of Colour Music - Free Trade Hall Manchester Nov 30, 1895". Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser. ...
In 2014, Sonic Vista Studios became a writer for the music business column of "Headliner", a music technology lifestyle ... "L. Henry Sarmiento: Professional in Paradise". PSN Europe. Retrieved 22 March 2014. Rebeka Brown, Pili y Kenzie. "Con mis ojos ... The objective was to offer artists an escape from the noisy city life as well as an inspiring location to create music. The ... In 2008 when Ibiza Rocks Hotel began hosting live music bands and Dj's, Sonic Vista put together a high-end remote rack for the ...
Magnum Music. 1996. Hairspray (liner). The Selecter. Moon Ska Europe. 2005. ... Demon Music Group. 1994. Larkin, Colin (2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (5th ed.). London: Omnibus Press. p. 2732. ... The album saw a change in direction for the band, taking influence from hip hop music, orchestral music, electronics and " ... Moon Ska Europe remastered and re-released the Hairspray version of the album in the UK in 2005. After re-forming with a new ...
Uncredited, Biography of The Thundermugs; Jack's Music Factory. Retrieved 2012-02-02. Dik De Heer, with Gary Meyers and Eric ... 6-8. BlackCat Rockabilly Europe. Retrieved 2012-02-06 Goldmine, Description of A Message from Birmingham Sunday, July 10, 2010 ...
Together they embarked on a co-headlining UK/European tour in the fall. Russian Circles released its sixth studio album ... Jon Blistein (2013-09-13). "Stream Russian Circles' 'Memorial,' Featuring Chelsea Wolfe , Music News". Rolling Stone. Retrieved ... "Russian Circles & Chelsea Wolfe Tour Selling out Get Tickets in Advance , Sargent House Europe". Sargenthouseeu.tumblr.com. ...
Italian Instabile Orchestra (1994). Skies of Europe. ECM. Deep Forest (1999). Made in Japan. Sony Music. Italian Instabile ... Seven Sketches in Music (2015) As sideman/guest Gianluigi Trovesi; Paolo Damiani (1983). Roccellanea. Splasc(h). Norma Winstone ... Italian Instabile Orchestra (1997). European Concerts '94-'97. Nel Jazz. ...
Music in Medieval Europe. Page 221 Opera Omnia by Migne Patrologia Latina with analytical indexes Catholic Encyclopedia, ... Medieval Music. New York: Norton, 1978. Pages 155-156. Thorpe, Lewis, Two Lives of Charlemagne Yudkin, Jeremy. ... and both share similar interests in church music, write with similar idioms, and are fond of quoting Virgil. The text is dated ...
"World Music Charts Europe". Worldmusic Workshop of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). Retrieved 1 August 2012. "New morning ... His 2012 album Heart And Soul reached number 20 of the World Music Charts Europe in August 2012. In 2016 he released the album ... Fearon was heavily influenced by the music found at his local Seventh-day Adventist church. He returned to Kingston at age 16, ... In 2008, Clinton Fearon released Faculty Of Dub, featuring all original music as well as his own bass playing for the first ...
John Caldwell, Modes and modality: a unifying concept for Western chant? // Music in Medieval Europe. Studies in honour or ... music theory and keyboard music. In one of his late articles dedicated to early witnesses of Western modal music and music ... Grove Music Online. Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press. (subscription required) De'Ath, John (1999). "Fellows' News ... Caldwell was born in Bebington, Cheshire and studied the organ at the Matthay School of Music in Liverpool, becoming a Fellow ...
The Winchester Hat Fair is the UK's longest running festival of Street Theatre, comedy, and music which is held in Winchester, ... Ryan Ver Berkmoes (2007). "Winchester". Lonely Planet Western Europe. Lonely Planet. p. 188. ISBN 9781741042344. Bim Mason ( ... Andrew Blake (1997). The Land Without Music. Manchester University Press. p. 195. ISBN 9780719042997. ...
As well as receiving critical acclaim, Listen to the Banned album has peaked at number 6 on the World Music Charts Europe and ... "World Music Charts Europe". July 2010. Retrieved 17 September 2010. Howard Male (2010-12-12). "Album: Various artists, Listen ... "Music that makes dictators tremble & fundamentalists angry". amnestyshop.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2010-10-09. ... Listen to the Banned is a compilation album that features the music of banned, censored and imprisoned artists from the Middle ...
... was adopted as the Anthem of Europe by the Council of Europe in 1972 and subsequently by the European Union. Schiller wrote the ... 128-129 "Ode to Joy - sung at Royal Albert hall (London)". British Christian Music Programme. Retrieved 11 October 2013. ... Council of Europe. "The European anthem". Works related to Ode to Joy at Wikisource German Wikisource has original text related ... Nougayrède, Natalie (8 May 2017). "Macron's victory march to Europe's anthem said more than words". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 ...
Sandu-Dediu, Valentina (2003). "Towards modern music in Romania". East Central Europe. 30 (2): 1-19. doi:10.1163/ ... Grigorovici, Lucian (1969). "Younger Rumanian Composers". Perspectives of New Music. 7 (2): 182-185. doi:10.2307/832304. ...
"Lendvay profile: Universal Music Publishing Classical". umpgclassical.com. Retrieved 2 December 2016. "Stormworks® Europe ... Kamilló Lendvay on Budapest Music Centre website Kamilló Lendvay on Stormworks website Kamilló Lendvay on Universal Music ... Europe, and Asia. Lendvay was born in Budapest and attended the Franz Liszt Academy of Music from 1949 to 1957, where he ... and Artisjus Music Award (2003). "BMC - Magyar Zenei Információs Központ". Budapest Music Centre. Retrieved 2 December 2016. " ...
Djs plays music. "Om Aarhus Pride" (in Danish). Aarhus Pride. Archived from the original on 2016-09-23. Retrieved 12 September ... "Aarhus Pride 2017 - Parade, prisuddeling og underholdning i topklasse!" (in Danish). good-evening-europe.dk. 6 June 2017. ...
Pro Sound News Europe. 1 June 2005. Retrieved 10 September 2010. (subscription required) Payne, Mary. "It was time to introduce ... Ashton, Robert (4 April 1998). "CSC acts to solve "fillers" issue". Music Week. ISSN 0265-1548. "Big L Fab Forty 65 - 27th Jun ... Based on airplay (not physical music sales) the chart was broadcast on Sunday afternoons. The station closed on 14 August 1967 ... "Akon scores double top". Music Week. 8 May 2005. Retrieved 10 September 2010. "John Peel Biography" (PDF). BBC Radio 1. ...
"Panpipes: 5. Central Europe and Asia". Grove Music Online. Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press. Accessed June 2014. ( ...
"Institute of Sacred Music , Colloquium Journal". Yale.edu. 2005-07-08. Archived from the original on 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2012 ... "Programmes , Crossing Continents , Europe , Jewish Berlin rises again - with Russian help". BBC News. 2000-11-15. Retrieved ...
Their self-titled debut album was released on the Fortuna Pop! label in 2010, with a second album, Europe, appearing in 2012. A ... "Allo Darlin' - Music Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 5 April 2013. ... Allo Darlin' (Fortuna Pop!, 2010) Europe (Fortuna Pop!/Slumberland, 2012) We Come from the Same Place (Fortuna Pop!/Slumberland ...
"At Last on iTunes". Apple Music. "Concerts in Europe 2016". Review on presskit.to. "Mamokebe on iTunes". Apple Music. "Video of ... The release was accompanied by four music videos, filmed in various places in the USA, Mexico, Europe and Africa. Even though ... After releasing her debut EP At Last with the German music label RecordJet, she performed her first few gigs in Switzerland and ... After Highschool she worked in Cape Town to fund her music studies that she eventually started in 2015 at COPA in Johannesburg ...
The music video for the single was directed by Jessy Terrero, who has also directed videos for singles by musicians such as ... Sean Paul's album The Trinity has been certified platinum in Europe. On April 28, 2006, the album was certified Platinum by the ... Hattie Collins (2005-09-26). "Sean Paul - 'Trinity'". Yahoo! Music UK. Archived from the original on 2006-01-13. Retrieved 2012 ... "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Sean Paul; 'The Trinity')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien. Retrieved ...
... number 17 in Australia and in the top 20 in most music markets where it charted. The song's music video features scenes of ... "Always Be My Baby" was released by Columbia Records on March 9, 1996 in Europe, and debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot ... The music video for "Always Be My Baby" was the second video Carey's directed. In it, she is the seemingly happy narrator of a ... Music critics praised "Always Be My Baby" and it was a commercial success, becoming Carey's 11th chart topper on the US ...
"Latest news from Europe". The Evening Sun. 1888-03-18 - via Chronicling America. "A leap of over 200 feet". Northampton Mercury ... "The London Music Halls". Era (London). 1888-03-24. "Larry's Fatal Leap". The World Evening Edition. 1888-08-08 - via ...
MTV Europe Music Awards. 3 September 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2015. Johnson, Zach (4 February 2015). "2015 iHeartRadio Music ... Spangler, Todd (2 March 2015). "YouTube Music Awards 2015 Winners Unveiled, Picked by Big Data". Variety. Retrieved 30 July ... http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/99913 Staff, Billboard (7 April 2015). "Billboard Music Awards 2015: See the Full List of Finalists". ...
In 1927, Arya Samaj was established in Singapore in a shophouse in Rowell Road.. In 1942 till 1945, during the Second World War the activities of the Arya Samaj was interrupted by the Japanese occupation of Singapore.. In 1963, the Arya Samaj movement's present building at Syed Alwi Road was opened by Mollamal Sachdev, whose family gave generously to the building fund.. In 2014, on 1 and 2 November, Arya Samaj Singapore celebrated International Arya Conference (Hindi: अंतर्राष्ट्रीय आर्य महा सम्मलेन) to mark the 101 years of Arya Samaj movement.. In 2015, inaugural International Yoga Day (Hindi: अंतर्राष्ट्रीय योग दिवस) was celebrated by the Arya Samaj.. ...
... co-improvisational music therapy, the form generally practised in in-patient settings in Western Europe, has not been evaluated ... Turry, A. (1998) Transference and counter-transference in Nordoff - Robbins music therapy. In The Dynamics of Music ... In addition, those randomised to music therapy received up to 12 individual sessions of music therapy. In keeping with clinical ... Music therapy for in-patients with schizophrenia. NAKUL TALWAR, MIKE J. CRAWFORD, ANNA MARATOS, ULA NUR, ORII McDERMOTT, SIMON ...
ESH - European School of Haematology , * ESH 2020 - Mandelieu-La Napoule, -France * ESH 2019 - Bordeaux - France ... Music therapy , * YouTube creation by CMLers family * Relaxing Music for Stress Relief. Calm Music for Meditation, Sleep, ... Therapeutic Music for Rest and Wellness Music for Sleep * Delicate music for the soul and LIFE, and birdsong soothes the ... The Impact of Music Therapy. May 9, 2018, St. Louis Childrens Hospital. Why I Want to Change the World with Music Therapy , ...
With this project MUSIC CONNECTS EUROPE We aspires to prepare young people to face new challenges, to learn empathy and ... Welcome to the website of our Erasmus+ Project MUSIC CONNECTS EUROPE where you could find information about our School partners ... The Project was born with the conviction that Music inspires young people to be more humane, especially if the experiences are ... tolerance towards fellow European citizens in an experiential way, combining mental and practical skills that will be useful ...
Music Force Europe is a music channel based in Greece. Music Force Europe is a reincarnation of TVC, Greeces first 24-hour ... In opposition to TMF and MTV Dance, it is not country-localized and depicts all the subgenres of electronic and dance music: ... music channel. TVC (TV Chidira) began operating out in Lesvos Island back in 1993. ...
"MTV Europe. Archived from the original on September 14, 2012.. *^ Denham, Jess (November 11, 2013). "MTV Europe Music Awards ... "MTV Europe Announces the Nominations for the 1996 MTV Europe Music Awards". MTV News. October 10, 1996. Retrieved October 9, ... which was a partner of the 2015 Europe Music Awards. In association with the event, MTV Italy organised an event called Music ... An MTV Europe Music Award (commonly abbreviated as MTV EMA) is an award presented by Viacom International Media Networks to ...
Copyright © 2019 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read about our approach to external linking. ...
Music festivals Events & Festivals Kids Museums Clubs Comedy Classical Music & Opera Dance LGBT Travel Area Guides Competitions ... Music festivals Events & Festivals Kids Museums Clubs Comedy Classical Music & Opera Dance LGBT Travel Area Guides Competitions ... Tickets Offers Things to Do Restaurants Bars & Pubs Film Theatre Art Music Hotels Attractions Video News Shopping Time Out ... Tickets Offers Things to Do Restaurants Bars & Pubs Film Theatre Art Music Hotels Attractions Video News Shopping Time Out ...
Copyright © 2018 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read about our approach to external linking. ...
Źródło: „https://pl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MTV_Europe_Music_Awards_2014&oldid=40960018" ...
Singer Kiesza performs during the 2014 MTV European Music Awards in... Photo-7121762.97314 - Houston Chronicle Image 37 of 63 ... Nicki Minaj is both host and nominee as Scotland lends a tartan touch to the MTV Europe Music Awards. Here she poses backstage ... Nicki Minaj is both host and nominee as Scotland lends a tartan touch to the MTV Europe Music Awards. Here she poses backstage ... Host Nicki Minaj speaks to the audience during the 2014 MTV European Music Awards in Glasgow, Sunday, Nov. 9, 2014. (Photo by ...
... but every music venue has its own unique atmosphere. Heres our pick of the 8 best music venues in Europe. ... but every music venue has its own unique atmosphere. Heres our pick of the 8 best music venues in Europe. ... 8 of the Best Music Venues in Europe Ever wanted to travel abroad to see your favourite band? Or maybe youre planning your ... Monarch is one of the best music venues in Europe for electro and indie fans. Bands and DJs perform to a packed room for an ...
Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store. ... "Were thrilled to add three of Europes largest indie labels to our iTunes Music Store in the UK, France and Germany," said ... With three of the most influential independent record labels on board, iTunes Music Store customers in Europe now have access ... "Now music lovers in the UK, France and Germany will be able to download great music from the likes of Paul Weller, ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Europe [Jan 2006] European popular music Please compare *"European popular music", only ... If European popular music exists, it is not defined. See also: Europe - popular music - disco your Amazon recommendations. - ... European music. Parent categories: Europe - music Bands: Beatles - Malcolm McLaren - ABBA Subgenres: Eurodance - Euro-disco - ... Italo disco - y -y music By country: French house music - French music - British music - German music Femmes De Paris V.1 (2002 ...
... music, movies, TV, books, magazines & more. Anytime, anywhere, across your devices. ... Via Google Play Music app on Android v4+, iOS v7+, or by exporting MP3 files to your computer and playing on any MP3 compatible ...
Rihanna has received 6 nominations for the MTV Europe Music Awards; more than any other act, reports The Telegraph. Muse, ... Rihanna has received 6 nominations for the MTV Europe Music Awards; more than any other act, reports The Telegraph. Muse, ... Given the name of the awards, one would be forgiven for thinking that European acts are the most prominent, but its the ... Great Britain represents the biggest European contingent with Muse Coldplay, Rita Ora, One Direction, Florence and the Machine ...
Europe Forum: My wife and I will be staying in Positano from July 19-26 of this year, and are interested in attending a concert ... Ravello Music Festival confusion Europe Forums. Search the Forums. Post New Topic Change Forum. Africa & the Middle East. Asia ... View all Europe activity » *1 Help me pick a destination --- Please! by coloradocutie , 3 responses; most recent on Dec 12, 17 ... USA Europe Africa & The Middle East Asia Australia & The Pacific Canada Caribbean Mexico & Central America South America View ...
From 13th to 16th October the 14th European Astrobiology Conference (EANA14) was organized and hosted in Edinburgh (UK) by the ... European Astrobiology Meeting EANA2014: inspired by Scottish bagpipe music. From left to rigth: Daniela Billi, Giuseppe Gallo, ... In September 2015 the EANA meeting will be organized and hosted by the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESA), in ... From 13th to 16th October the 14th European Astrobiology Conference (EANA14) was organized and hosted in Edinburgh (UK) by the ...
... a week of music, culture, peace, unity and alternative lifestyles. Open to everyone. ... Were ready to begin another night of the best reggae music. Rototom Sunsplash, in Tierra de Festivales - Our festival will be ... From the moment the festival area opens until the music kicks off, even as an alternative to the concerts. What can you do ... Dont miss the best European Reggae Festival; ... Were ready to begin another night of the best reggae music.. ...
... creators and music industry stake holders have called upon the European Parliament to pass sweeping reforms to copyright law ... Songwriters, Labels & Music Bodies Ramp Up Pressure on European Parliament Ahead of Must Win Copyright Vote. ... All three major labels and thousands of songwriters, creators and music industry stake holders have called upon the European ... which has been sent to all members of the European Parliament ahead of next weeks vote and is signed by over 80 music and ...
Europe in general and Sweden in particular.. What role do you play as a CASA ambassador and/or what role would you like to play ... Favorite type of music?. I dont listen that much to barbershop to be honest, but other than that I think I cover most styles ... Meet Your CASA Ambassador: Joakim Skog [Europe / Sweden]. Submitted by CASA Communications on Thu, 03/14/2013 - 11:37 ... Members also receive a multitude of wonderful and practical benefits in exchange for their support, including free music. ...
Lady Gaga and Kings of Leon have been nominated for five MTV Europe Music Awards. The two acts will both compete for Best Song ... MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs) 2009 full list of nominations: Best Song:. Beyonce Knowles - Halo. Black Eyed Peas - I Got A ... Lady Gaga and Kings of Leon have been nominated for five MTV Europe Music Awards. The two acts will both compete for Best Song ... Tags: Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, MTV Europe Music Award Nominations, Poker Face, Taylor Swift ...
Europe Antiques, Collectibles and Decorations Shop, Description: Vintage Seashell Shell Art Jewelry Box w. Music Movement, from ... The interior of the box is lined red suede fabric, hidden music ... When open box, music movement is working. Closing, music will ... Music Movement, Price: $180 USD , Category: Vintage Collectibles:Decorative Arts, Shop: ... Europe Antiques, Collectibles and Decorations Shop. Henk&Heidi Wassenaar. Lisse Netherlands * Email Shop ...
Reflections Of Darkness Music Magazine with daily updates! Offering news, Concert/CD Reviews, Interviews and more from Goth, ... WEDNESDAY 13 - Announces European tour with COMBICHRIST! * SEADRAKE - The new Synth Super Group releases debut album "Isola" on ... XENIA BELIAYEVA - New Album "Riss" out 16th March 2018 via Manual Music ...
European music educational institutions need to increase their efficiency while reducing costs, to be more attractive and ... The validation and demonstration activities will be performed during regular music training courses in major European ... i) innovative tools for music courseware production;. (ii) interactive and creative tools for music training in different ... Music performance is not simply to play the right note at the right time. I-MAESTRO project aims to study and explore all the ...
Artist Bios Tour Info New Releases Procella Books Latest News Hypertension Music is an independent European entertainment ... Hypertension Music is an independent European entertainment company providing record label, full radio, television and press ... Hypertension Music offers a wide range of distribution and has a highly qualified press and promotions department with offices ... More than most acts of the late 70s and 80s, the Bellamys pushed the borders of country music, adding strong elements of rock ...
InterventionsPatientsNeuralPhysicalTherapyStudy2018FestivalsEurope's2020AndroidSpotifyMusiciansUnion'sAwardsCulturesSzigetCommission'sVenuesContent700,000NewsLiveUnionEastern Europe0.99ProgrammesTourFolkCentreIndustryPodcastsMainlandManuscriptsFullCrisisPerformersBordersNomineesEmpiricalParliamentFind1960sRacismCountry'sCoronavirusQualificationsWorldColdplayTimeOutcomesTravelLoversTracksPlanPlaceCultureSiteFestivalTraditionsElderlyInitiativeDance musicEvents
- Music therapists use their techniques to help their patients in many areas, ranging from stress relief before and after surgeries to neuropathologies such as Alzheimer's disease . (cmleukemia.com)
- Studies on patients diagnosed with mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia have shown a visible improvement in their mental health after music therapy. (cmleukemia.com)
- Some common music therapy practices include developmental work (communication, motor skills, etc.) with individuals with special needs, songwriting and listening in reminiscence, orientation work with the elderly, processing and relaxation work, and rhythmic entrainment for physical rehabilitation in stroke victims. (cmleukemia.com)
- There is a wide qualitative and quantitative research literature base for music therapy. (cmleukemia.com)
- Evidence suggests that music therapy is beneficial for all individuals, both physically and mentally. (cmleukemia.com)
- Benefits of music therapy include improved heart rate, reduced anxiety, stimulation of the brain, and improved learning. (cmleukemia.com)
- Gainesville' Florida's Hot Water Music are proud to announce UK/EU shows for April 2018. (massmovement.co.uk)
- Delivering hazy trap and hedonistic rap verses on tracks such as 'Gucci Mane' from their 2018 debut Any Minute Now, D-Block Europe are a London-based rap duo featuring Dirtbike LB and Young Adz. (spotify.com)
- D-Block Europe released their debut LP, Any Minute Now, which featured Yxng Bane in July 2018. (spotify.com)
- Other Romanian festivals were in the cards for winning a prize at the 2015 European Festival Awards: Electric Castle Festival was shortlisted in the Best Medium-Sized Festival category, Jazz In The Park and Plai were among the festivals shortlisted for the Best Small Festival award, and TiMAF (Transylvania International Music and Art Festival) was on the short list for the Best Indoor Festival title. (romania-insider.com)
- But even though our serotonin is depleted we've already got our eyes on the music festivals we have coming up this summer, because too many music festivals is never enough. (stoketravel.com)
- Which other European festivals do you plan on hitting up this summer? (stoketravel.com)
- There's no denying it: the French do their music festivals with flair, and in festival season you'll find chic concerts popping up all over the country. (timeout.com)
- Documentation of the stories of state-owned record companies, music festivals and collecting societies that once dominated "the communist music industries": how have they survived the transition? (utexas.edu)
- Read More in all its museums, and now two huge music festivals have followed suit. (makeuseof.com)
- Since 2012, we have been articulating the challenges faced by live music venues and festivals in Europe. (live-dma.eu)
- We want to advance the recognition of music venues and festivals as being significant contributors of culture. (live-dma.eu)
- We're thrilled to add three of Europe's largest indie labels to our iTunes Music Store in the UK, France and Germany," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. (apple.com)
- This month, Talking Europe takes a closer look at just what goes into European food - and asks whether Europe's tight regulations are working, given the Fipronil egg scandal, as. (france24.com)
- MAARSSEN, The Netherlands , May 26, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Responding to increasing demand for capacity and carrier neutral connectivity in Europe , QTS Realty Trust (NYSE: QTS), a leading provider of hybrid colocation and mega scale data center solutions, today announced an agreement with Eurofiber Netherlands, a leading provider of digital infrastructure to provide dark fiber between QTS' Groningen and Eemshaven, Netherlands data centers. (yahoo.com)
- Hypertension Music is an independent European entertainment company providing record label, full radio, television and press promotion, booking agency, management, production and publishing facilities to musicians and performers worldwide. (hypertension-music.de)
- More than 700,000 products for musicians including sheet music, teaching and learning resources, gear & equipment, gifts and accessories. (musicshopeurope.nl)
- Music, magic and myth are elements essential to the identities of New Orleans musicians. (palgrave.com)
- What had been an infrequent novelty - mixing electronic and '30s beats with scat and big band-ish horn solos - has become more and more common among European dance musicians and producers. (npr.org)
- What had been an infrequent novelty notion of mixing electronic and '30s beats with scat and big-band-ish horn solos, became more and more regular with European dance producers and musicians, at least as part of their repertoire, such as the 2006 number "Chambermaid Swing. (npr.org)
- It was originally conceived as an alternative to the MTV Video Music Awards , which are hosted annually in the United States. (wikipedia.org)
- The awards are a reflection of the international and continental music scene . (wikipedia.org)
- Awards are amended, repealed and conceived to reflect the change of the music scene and its integral participation in social, cultural and economic circles. (wikipedia.org)
- The 1st Europe Music Awards ceremony was held in 1994 at Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany, five years after the fall of the Berlin Wall . (wikipedia.org)
- The first Europe Music Awards took place in Berlin, Germany, at the Brandenburg Gate and were held on 24 November 1994, five years after the fall of the Berlin Wall . (wikipedia.org)
- Nicki Minaj is both host and nominee as Scotland lends a tartan touch to the MTV Europe Music Awards. (chron.com)
- Given the name of the awards, one would be forgiven for thinking that European acts are the most prominent, but it's the Americans that continue to dominate year after year, and despite being held in Germany this year, that trend is set to continue. (contactmusic.com)
- Untold, Romania's biggest electronic music festival, won the Best Major Festival title at the 2015 European Festival Awards. (romania-insider.com)
- Cyrus, whose racy performance turned heads at the MTV Video Music Awards earlier this year, also performed twice at the EMAs, singing "We Can't Stop" and "Wrecking Ball. (journalstandard.com)
- Don't forget to vote on all of my 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards polls here ! (popsugar.com.au)
- September 19 [10:00 EDT] -- Hip-hop kingpin Puff Daddy and moody art rockers Radiohead heard their names the most when the nominees for the 1997 MTV Europe Music Awards were announced on Thursday. (mtv.com)
- Diverse musical cultures of migrant and minority communities have existed in Europe for centuries and shaped its countries significantly. (transcript-verlag.de)
- The book also provides model projects with a practical insight into the life and work with music of migrant and minority cultures across Europe. (transcript-verlag.de)
- Your guide to the patchwork of cultures and politics that is Europe. (france24.com)
- After the Second World War, millions of people across Eastern Europe, displaced as a result of wartime destruction, deportations and redrawing of state boundaries, found themselves living in cities that were filled with the traces of the foreign cultures of the former inhabitants. (routledge.com)
- In addition to the live music, Sziget also features plenty of art installations, different kinds of performances, free love and general looseness. (stoketravel.com)
- UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador Emi Mahmoud, who is a world champion slam poet, performed at the huge Sziget music festival held on an island in the Danube River. (unhcr.org)
- Follow the latest news and projects about COVID-19 and the European Commission's coronavirus response. (europa.eu)
- The portal is the result of the Commission's 'Open Data Strategy for Europe' , which was announced in December last year and is expected to deliver a 40 billion euro boost to the EU's economy annually. (thenextweb.com)
- That sentiment still rings true today, with many emerging artists performing each week in one of the best music venues in Europe. (ryanair.com)
- Live music and Berlin go hand-in-hand, but instead of going to one of the popular venues there is no better way to discover the German capital's music scene than in an underground venue. (ryanair.com)
- Monarch is one of the best music venues in Europe for electro and indie fans. (ryanair.com)
- That's our list of our favourite music venues in Europe. (ryanair.com)
- While contemporary folk music is a genre generally distinct from traditional folk music, in U.S. English it shares the same name, and it often shares the same performers and venues as traditional folk music. (wikipedia.org)
- With one week to go before the Plenary vote -- deciding if user-generated content services like YouTube will be required to obtain licenses to host music content -- intense lobbying is taking place from both the creative and tech sectors. (billboard.com)
- Read More and the practice of geo-blocking 2 Effective Ways to Access Region-Blocked Videos Without a VPN 2 Effective Ways to Access Region-Blocked Videos Without a VPN Internet users outside of the United States are blocked from accessing the wealth of streaming video and music content available to Americans. (makeuseof.com)
- NEWS: The Acacia Strain cancel UK/European tour due to coronavirus! (deadpress.co.uk)
- Newspaper is your news, entertainment, music & fashion website. (fashionlife.ro)
- Good news for open data lovers in the European Union and beyond: the European Commission on Christmas Eve quietly pushed live the public beta version of its all-new open data portal . (thenextweb.com)
- The annual ceremony broadcast live on MTV Europe , Channel 5 and most of the international MTV channels as well as online. (wikipedia.org)
- Or maybe you're planning your next city break and want to see some live music during your trip? (ryanair.com)
- They host farmers' markets, record and music fairs, movie screenings, and art exhibitions but where Szimpla really comes into its own is live music. (ryanair.com)
- The home of live music in Dublin - almost all of Ireland's music scene have performed on the Whelan's stage at some point. (ryanair.com)
- There's live music every night of the week, silent discos, top class indie DJs, and even stand-up comedy on Mondays if you're looking for a laugh. (ryanair.com)
- Located on 100 Oxford Street, The 100 Club has been hosting live music in England's capital since 1942. (ryanair.com)
- Stoked in the Park is a free festival for our San Fermin guests , included in the €60 nightly price (including camping accommodation, meals, guides, etc), and will serve as the perfect pre-and-post party for travellers wanting to experience Pamplona's street parties, live music, bars and restaurants and even for those wanting to run with bulls. (stoketravel.com)
- Please note that we define music industries broadly, including not only record labels but also music publishing, live sectors, collecting societies and other ancillary institutions. (utexas.edu)
- This book uncovers how music experience-live and recorded-is changing along with the use of digital technology in the 2000s. (palgrave.com)
- We believe that there is a need for preserving and supporting live popular music, and we are striving to maintain a sustainable economic, political, social and cultural foundation of the sector. (live-dma.eu)
- Last night's live production of The Sound of Music on NBC got more flak than Maria did for being an unsolvable problem nun. (gadling.com)
- Meanwhile, Radiohead is up for Best Group, and is also nominated in two new MTV Europe award categories: Best Live Act and Best Alternative Act. (mtv.com)
- Eurosceptics were swift to hail the votes as a rejection of the drive towards ever-closer union that had, they said, been foisted on reluctant voters by the European elite for 50 years. (classicalmusicguide.com)
- Many European countries are members of the European Union (EU), which has its own currency (the Euro) and laws. (wikitravel.org)
- Note that not all EU members adopted the Schengen Agreement (open borders) or the Euro, and not all countries that adopted Schengen or Euro are European Union members. (wikitravel.org)
- The European Commission, the administrative arm of the European Union, said Wednesday it was up to Cyprus to offer 'an alternative scenario' after parliament balked at the $13 billion rescue plan that called for taxing the savings accounts of depositors at the country's banks. (voanews.com)
- Please also note that our definition of Central and Eastern Europe is broad too: it includes all the countries of the pre-1989 "Eastern Bloc" (German Democratic Republic, former Yugoslav and former Soviet Union countries are all included). (utexas.edu)
- In this case, it concerns all the information that public bodies in the European Union produce, collect or pay for (it's similar to the United States government's Data.gov ). (thenextweb.com)
- The tour will take the band from the American Midwest to the East Coast in March and April of next year, then out to the U.K. and Western Europe (with a few gracious stops in Eastern Europe) throughout May, before bringing it all back home like their ol' pal Bobby Dylan to the American West Coast in June. (tinymixtapes.com)
- Central and Eastern Europe during the last 28 years has been a place of radical political, economic and social transformation, and these changes have affected the cultural industries of these areas. (utexas.edu)
- It can be argued that during the last three decades the music industries in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe were subject to two shocks: the first related to the fall of state-controlled economies, while the second was caused by the advent of the Internet. (utexas.edu)
- The CREEES Forum provides resources for students, alumni, professionals and K-12 teachers looking for funding, career and other professional development opportunities related to Russia, Eastern Europe and Eurasia. (utexas.edu)
- The bill, submitted to parliament late on Tuesday, is a key part of Prime Minister Viktor Orban's anti-immigration campaign targeting U.S. financier George Soros whose philanthropy aims to bolster liberal and open-border values in eastern Europe. (haaretz.com)
- Deathcore outfit The Acacia Strain have regrettably announced that they have been forced to cancel their upcoming UK/European tour plans due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. (deadpress.co.uk)
- Due to the uncertainty surrounding potential bans on some public gatherings in the UK and Europe, we are obliged to cancel our upcoming tour overseas. (deadpress.co.uk)
- For a more exotic European adventure, be sure to tour the Balkans . (wikitravel.org)
- Any of my HUE 2015 pals want to go with me to Salzburg to take The Sound of Music tour? (gadling.com)
- It's a story almost as old as the Grand Tour of Europe itself: traveler takes tour in Italy, traveler gives it a poor review on TripAdvisor, guide allegedly calls traveler to complain about the review, traveler records phone call, call gets set to music and posted on YouTube where its language makes it NSFW (at least without earphones). (gadling.com)
- We have been busy working on new material as well as planning a short Northern European tour in May and are currently based in Berlin. (chaindlk.com)
- The music of the Europe includes a number of kinds of distinct folk and popular music, including some of the most widely-recognized classical styles in the world. (jahsonic.com)
- This article is about traditional, non-commercial folk music. (wikipedia.org)
- Folk Music" redirects here. (wikipedia.org)
- For the album by Show of Hands, see Folk Music (album) . (wikipedia.org)
- Folk music includes traditional folk music and the genre that evolved from it during the 20th-century folk revival . (wikipedia.org)
- Some types of folk music may be called world music . (wikipedia.org)
- Traditional folk music has been defined in several ways: as music transmitted orally, music with unknown composers, or music performed by custom over a long period of time. (wikipedia.org)
- The term originated in the 19th century, but folk music extends beyond that. (wikipedia.org)
- Starting in the mid-20th century, a new form of popular folk music evolved from traditional folk music. (wikipedia.org)
- This form of music is sometimes called contemporary folk music or folk revival music to distinguish it from earlier folk forms. (wikipedia.org)
- Smaller, similar revivals have occurred elsewhere in the world at other times, but the term folk music has typically not been applied to the new music created during those revivals. (wikipedia.org)
- This type of folk music also includes fusion genres such as folk rock , folk metal , and others. (wikipedia.org)
- The terms folk music , folk song , and folk dance are comparatively recent expressions. (wikipedia.org)
- Though it is understood that folk music is music of the people, observers find a more precise definition to be elusive. (wikipedia.org)
- Folk music may tend to have certain characteristics but it cannot clearly be differentiated in purely musical terms. (wikipedia.org)
- Lloyd rejected this in favour of a simple distinction of economic class yet for him true folk music was, in Charles Seeger 's words, "associated with a lower class" in culturally and socially stratified societies. (wikipedia.org)
- For example, the Grammy Award previously used the terms "traditional music" and "traditional folk" for folk music that is not contemporary folk music. (wikipedia.org)
- [ citation needed ] Folk music may include most indigenous music . (wikipedia.org)
- He feared "the eventual obliteration of their own folk-music. (jhu.edu)
- 3 But as he studied Negro and other music from around the world he saw links between African American and other folk musics. (jhu.edu)
- From 13th to 16th October the 14th European Astrobiology Conference (EANA14) was organized and hosted in Edinburgh (UK) by the UK Centre for Astrobiology (Prof. Dr. Charles S. Cockell and his team). (dlr.de)
- In September 2015 the EANA meeting will be organized and hosted by the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESA), in Noordwijk (The Netherlands). (dlr.de)
- The European Cyber Crime Centre (let's hope they don't use that as its official name, it sounds like something from a 1980s sci-fi short story) could be in place as soon as 2014 if funding can be secured, although the crowdsourcing plan may not follow until later. (thenextweb.com)
- Apple has revolutionized the music industry, and iTunes and iPod are changing the listening habits of music fans at an incredible pace," said Martin Mills, chairman of Beggars Group. (apple.com)
- At stake, music industry bodies argue, is the chance to address the value gap and ensure that artists and rights holders get paid fairly for the use of their work online. (billboard.com)
- Daughters blog, the Enough is Enough Campaign, and the National Action Network's Day of Outrage Against the Music Industry. (blackwomenineurope.com)
- Ideally, the proposed chapters connect past and present (i.e. show how the historical circumstances led to the birth of the modern music industry in a country or a region), tell the stories of labels/institutions which are not known beyond the country of origin, or compare legal/economic/social/cultural aspects of transformation in various Central and Eastern European countries. (utexas.edu)
- Recent industry initiatives to reduce the transaction costs of making digital music available across borders have resulted in a reasonably wide availability though still short of the 100 per cent mark. (ssrn.com)
- from our salty American shores, to the slightly less salinated cliffs of mainland Europe, to the entirely salt-free U.K. (Hey, maybe they'll finally be able to learn English - or Spanish, for that matter! (tinymixtapes.com)
- HAVFRUE (AEC-2) is the first new undersea cable traversing the North Atlantic to connect mainland Northern Europe to the U.S. in nearly two decades. (yahoo.com)
- Hundreds of original manuscripts that include symphonies written by Beethoven in his helter-skelter scrawl and operas by Mozart in his neat penmanship are the subject of one of the most politically charged cultural-heritage cases in Europe. (baltimoresun.com)
- The extraordinary collection of 400 scores, which some musicologists say is the single most valuable batch of music manuscripts, worth perhaps hundreds of millions of dollars, was once the centerpiece of the Prussian State Library in Berlin. (baltimoresun.com)
- Indeed, the music manuscripts and other books are in Poland because of a German desire to find a safe haven for some of their most magnificent treasures. (baltimoresun.com)
- Added, go to My Music to see full list. (bbc.co.uk)
- We all have our favorite artists, periods, or styles from this immensely rich tradition, but how many of us truly know the full sweep of European art? (thegreatcourses.com)
- At the European Music AwardsSunday,Miley Cyrustook full advantage of marijuana being legal in Amsterdam and smoked a joint on stage as she accepted the award for best video, Us Weeklyreports. (journalstandard.com)
- AS CHOU EN-LAI observed of the 1789 revolution in France, the full impact of events in that country can take centuries to discern. (classicalmusicguide.com)
- Ben Salam from Ivory Coast was stateless from birth but he only understood the full extent of his problem when he reached Europe. (unhcr.org)
- Explanation: Western Europe is full of immigrants! (meetup.com)
- The immediate gloom was deepened by one of the EU's periodic budget squabbles, prompting Jean-Claude Juncker to declare that "Europe is not in crisis: it is in a deep crisis. (classicalmusicguide.com)
- Europe is pressuring Cyprus to offer new solutions to the island nation's debt crisis after its parliament overwhelmingly rejected a bailout plan sanctioned by the country's international lenders. (voanews.com)
- This book offers a range of accounts of the state of "European Cinema" in a specific sociopolitical era: that of the global economic crisis that began in 2008 and the more recent refugee and humanitarian crisis. (routledge.com)
- 6 Other contributors to this volume have shown that Afro-American performers in Europe were caught in a dilemma about how to present their music-in its original and raw form or to soften it by"Europeanizing"it. (jhu.edu)
- The music blends some of the vintage horns, vocals and style associated with performers like Django Reinhart and Woody Herman, with the modern electronic beats and hipster style associated with performers like Daft Punk. (npr.org)
- The team made around 30 working instruments in total, each with embedded sensors, power supplies and wireless data transceivers to allow performers to control the music in realtime through touch, movement and location. (wired.co.uk)
- It's easy to see why - a well preserved cultural heritage, open borders and efficient infrastructure makes visiting Europe a breeze, and rarely will you have to travel more than a few hours before you can immerse yourself in a new culture, and dive into a different phrasebook . (wikitravel.org)
- Hungary and Croatia traded threats as thousands of exhausted migrants poured over their borders, deepening the disarray in Europe over how to handle the tide of humanity. (voanews.com)
- Welcome to the website of our Erasmus+ Project MUSIC CONNECTS EUROPE where you could find information about our School partners, our project, activities and mobilities. (google.com)
- We find that availability of EU media products across country stores in the EU is hovering around 80 per cent for music and 40 per cent for films. (ssrn.com)
- The European Qualifications Framework (EQF) is a translation tool that helps communication and comparison between qualifications systems in Europe. (europa.eu)
- This allows any national qualifications systems, national qualifications frameworks (NQFs) and qualifications in Europe to relate to the EQF levels. (europa.eu)
- This is highly achievable, particularly with the SME partners, including SIBELIUS, a world leader in music education tools, and the development of the MPEG Symbolic Music Representation (MPEG-SMR) standard. (europa.eu)
- Europeans and their food: World-beaters in tradition and traceability? (france24.com)
- Before reading the book, the only connection I made between extreme metal and the Arab world was detainees at Guantanamo Bay being subjected to the music at brain-rattling volumes. (haaretz.com)
- In the wake of World War II, the arts and culture of Europe became a site where the devastating events of the 20th century were remembered and understood. (routledge.com)
- Music performance is not simply to play the right note at the right time. (europa.eu)
- For the first time since a European common market was set up in 1957, two of the six founders of the club had decisively rejected a step in the long march towards fuller integration. (classicalmusicguide.com)
- They're mostly jump blues and rockabilly recyclers with the subversion and rebellion of the original music turned into mere party time and dress up. (npr.org)
- free music streaming for any time, place, or mood. (8tracks.com)
- For example, if an exerciser is performing bench dips, the background music is playing at 140 bpm, and her dipping rate is 35 reps per minute, she can either flex or extend the elbow joint with each two beats of music in 4/4 time to sync with it. (humankinetics.com)
- The stimulative music produced superior performance levels when compared to sedative music and a no-music control (Karageorghis, 1991).Since that time, I have used music for a Monday night circuits class at my university. (humankinetics.com)
- CUPERTINO, California-July 21, 2004-Apple® today announced that it has signed licensing agreements with three of the largest European independent music labels, Beggars Group, Sanctuary Records Group and V2, adding tens of thousands of additional independent tracks from leading artists to the iTunes® Music Store in the UK, France and Germany. (apple.com)
- Essential collection of tracks from D-Block Europe . (spotify.com)
- The BBC reports today on European law enforcement organisation Europol 's plan to tackle rising levels in online offences as 'traditional' organised crime begins to take advantage of the Internet. (thenextweb.com)
- Janusz Lewandowski, the EU Budget Commissioner, speaks to Douglas Herbert about his austerity plan and the tough economic climate in Europe. (france24.com)
- An MTV Europe Music Award (commonly abbreviated as MTV EMA ) is an award presented by Viacom International Media Networks to honour artists and music in pop culture . (wikipedia.org)
- Central Europe is the region where Germanic culture meets Slavic culture. (wikitravel.org)
- Pop Music, Culture and Identity investigates how this enhanced status shapes the iconography of celebrity, provides an ever-expanding archive for generational memory and accelerates the impact of new technologies on performing, packaging and global marketing. (palgrave.com)
- As part of an EU-funded project this volume deals with the musical activities of minorities and their impact on musical traditions in Europe. (transcript-verlag.de)
- It also raises questions such as: How are musical traditions of minorities integrated in education and the public music life? (transcript-verlag.de)
- With the suspension of the Central European University's Open Learning Initiative, refugees have lost a unique opportunity to continue their studies and contribute to the region. (unhcr.org)
- A new European initiative to fight online crime could see citizens not only reporting offences but also helping to gather evidence in a continent-wide 'crowdsourcing' effort. (thenextweb.com)
- MILO MILES, BYLINE: When I first found out that a new style of dance music had conquered whole clubs in Europe, particularly France, I was put off by the name: electro-swing. (npr.org)
- Electro-swing, however, is rooted in a notion that has been floating around modern dance music for quite awhile. (npr.org)
- The Turbo Recordings man talks skinheads and selling his soul to dance music. (residentadvisor.net)