The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)
The largest of the continents. It was known to the Romans more specifically as what we know today as Asia Minor. The name comes from at least two possible sources: from the Assyrian asu (to rise) or from the Sanskrit usa (dawn), both with reference to its being the land of the rising sun, i.e., eastern as opposed to Europe, to the west. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p82 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p34)
Sequence Analysis, DNA
The geographical area of Asia comprising KAZAKHSTAN; KYRGYZSTAN; TAJIKISTAN; TURKMENISTAN; and UZBEKISTAN. The desert region of Kara Kum (Qara Qum) is largely in Turkmenistan and the desert region of Kyzyl Kum (Kizil Kum or Qizil Qum), is in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p233, 590, 636)
Communicable Diseases, Emerging
Encephalitis caused by neurotropic viruses that are transmitted via the bite of TICKS. In Europe, the diseases are caused by ENCEPHALITIS VIRUSES, TICK-BORNE, which give rise to Russian spring-summer encephalitis, central European encephalitis, louping ill encephalitis, and related disorders. Powassan encephalitis occurs in North America and Russia and is caused by the Powassan virus. ASEPTIC MENINGITIS and rarely encephalitis may complicate COLORADO TICK FEVER which is endemic to mountainous regions of the western United States. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1996, Ch26, pp14-5)
Chromosomes, Human, Y
A genus of the family BUNYAVIRIDAE containing over 150 viruses, most of which are transmitted by mosquitoes or flies. They are arranged in groups defined by serological criteria, each now named for the original reference species (previously called serogroups). Many species have multiple serotypes or strains.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Hazardous wastes in eastern and central Europe: technology and health effects. (1/257)Issues of hazardous waste management are major concerns in the countries of eastern and central Europe. A National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences-supported conference was held in Prague, Czech Republic, as a part of a continuing effort to provide information and promote discussion among the countries of eastern and central Europe on issues related to hazardous wastes. The focus was on incineration as a means of disposal of hazardous wastes, with discussions on both engineering methods for safe incineration, and possible human health effects from incineration by-products. Representatives from government agencies, academic institutions, and local industries from 14 countries in the region participated along with a few U.S. and western European experts in this field. A series of 12 country reports documented national issues relating to the environment, with a focus on use of incineration for hazardous waste disposal. A particularly valuable contribution was made by junior scientists from the region, who described results of environmental issues in their countries. (+info)
Ancestral origins and worldwide distribution of the PRNP 200K mutation causing familial Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. (2/257)Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) belongs to a group of prion diseases that may be infectious, sporadic, or hereditary. The 200K point mutation in the PRNP gene is the most frequent cause of hereditary CJD, accounting for >70% of families with CJD worldwide. Prevalence of the 200K variant of familial CJD is especially high in Slovakia, Chile, and Italy, and among populations of Libyan and Tunisian Jews. To study ancestral origins of the 200K mutation-associated chromosomes, we selected microsatellite markers flanking the PRNP gene on chromosome 20p12-pter and an intragenic single-nucleotide polymorphism at the PRNP codon 129. Haplotypes were constructed for 62 CJD families originating from 11 world populations. The results show that Libyan, Tunisian, Italian, Chilean, and Spanish families share a major haplotype, suggesting that the 200K mutation may have originated from a single mutational event, perhaps in Spain, and spread to all these populations with Sephardic migrants expelled from Spain in the Middle Ages. Slovakian families and a family of Polish origin show another unique haplotype. The haplotypes in families from Germany, Sicily, Austria, and Japan are different from the Mediterranean or eastern European haplotypes. On the basis of this study, we conclude that founder effect and independent mutational events are responsible for the current geographic distribution of hereditary CJD associated with the 200K mutation. (+info)
Health status during the transition in Central and Eastern Europe: development in reverse? (3/257)This paper reports on a study of the cross-national trends in health status during the economic transition and associated health sector reforms in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). The central premise is that before long-run gains in health status are realized, the transition towards a market economy and adoption of democratic forms of government should lead to short-run deterioration as a result of: (i) reduction in real income and widening income disparities; (ii) stress and stress-related behaviour; (iii) lax regulation of environmental and occupational risks; and (iv) breakdown in basic health services. Analysis focused on three broad indicators of health status: life expectancy at birth, infant mortality rate and the probability of dying between the ages of 15 and 65 years, shown by the notation '50q15'. The study revealed significant new information about health status and the health sector which could not have been obtained without a proper cross-national study. Infant mortality rates in former socialist economies (FSE) follow the global trend, declining as per capita income rises. However, rates are lower than would be predicted given their income levels. Despite declining infant mortality, life expectancy at birth in the former socialist economies decreases as per capita income rises, in marked contrast to global trends. This is because rising income level is associated with greater probability of death between the ages of 15 and 65: the wealthier the society, the less healthy is its population, particularly for its males. Causes of death in the FSE follow global trends: higher death rates due to infectious and parasitic diseases in poorer countries, and higher death rates due to chronic diseases in wealthier countries. However, age-standardized death rates for chronic diseases generally associated with unhealthy lifestyles and environmental risk factors are very high when compared with wealthier established market economies (EME). Policies and procedures which alter the effectiveness of health services have had a demonstrable but mixed impact on health status during the early phase of transition. Effective preventive health strategies must be formulated and implemented to reverse the adverse trends observed in Central and Eastern Europe. (+info)
Health sector reform in central and eastern Europe: the professional dimension. (4/257)The success or failure of health sector reform in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe depends, to a large extent, on their health care staff. Commentators have focused on the structures to be put in place, such as mechanisms of financing or changes in ownership of facilities, but less attention has been paid to the role and status of the different groups working in health care services. This paper draws on a study of trends in staffing and working conditions throughout the region. It identifies several key issues including the traditionally lower status and pay of health sector workers compared to the West, the credibility crisis of trade unions, and the under-developed roles of professional associations. In order to implement health sector reforms and to address the deteriorating health status of the population, the health sector workforce has to be restructured and training programmes reoriented towards primary care. Finally, the paper identifies emerging issues such as the erosion of 'workplace welfare' and its adverse effects upon a predominantly female health care workforce. (+info)
Life expectancy in Central and Eastern European countries and newly independent states of the former Soviet Union: changes by gender. (5/257)AIM: To examine changes in life expectancy at birth for countries in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and the Newly Independent States of the former Soviet Union (NIS) for the period 1989-1996. Differences in the change by gender were examined and several factors which likely bear on the changes were discussed. Methods. Data from the WHO Health for All European Data Base were used to determine changes in life expectancy and selected economic factors for CEE and NIS countries. RESULTS: Changes in life expectancy varied by gender in both CEE and the NIS, with the difference increasing for the two groups during the period with the largest increase occurring in the NIS. Both male and female life expectancy declined, with male life expectancy dropping at a more rapid rate. In 1994, the year in which most, but not all countries, reached a low point, life expectancy for males had declined below 60 years for two countries. CONCLUSIONS: The most striking point about the decline in life expectancies was the short period in which the declines occurred, especially in the NIS. It is not possible to determine the exact cause for the changes, but there are likely multiple reasons. It is not completely clear why the decline in life expectancy was greater for males, although the linkage between economic and behavioral and lifestyle factors appear to have some association. Further research is necessary to determine why effects by gender vary so greatly and whether the negative outcomes are a short-term anomaly or will persist. (+info)
Health insurance and productivity. (6/257)AIM: To provide a conceptual understanding of the basic relationship between health insurance and overall economic productivity, and to look at the human development index as a proxy for the quality of human capital. METHODS: Economic data and data related to human development in Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries, including Croatia, were compared to the European Union (EU) average. Data were selected out of databases provided by the International Monetary Fund, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, and the United Nations. Income and growth rates were related to the EU averages. The human development index was used to compare the level of the average achievements in the longevity of life, knowledge, and quality of living in CEE countries. RESULTS: Relative to the EU-average, human development is lagging behind in CEE countries. Considering the world as a benchmark regarding human development, 8 out of 13 CEE countries exceed the world. However, all CEE countries have 3-28% lower human development than the industrialized countries. CONCLUSIONS: The specific challenge for transition countries is how to adopt strategies to translate economic progress into health and social gains through reliable institutions, among them social health insurance bodies. The institutions and the provision of social health insurance are particularly challenged at a turning point when transition in terms of macroeconomic stabilization, along with the consolidated organization and financing of social and health insurance schemes, is accommodated to a business cycle-driven market economy. (+info)
Occupational cancer in central European countries. (7/257)The countries of central Europe, including Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria, suffer from environmental and occupational health problems created during the political system in place until the late 1980s. This situation is reflected by data on workplace exposure to hazardous agents. Such data have been systematically collected in Skovakia and the Czech Republic since 1977. The data presented describe mainly the situation in the early 1990s. The number of workers exposed to risk factors at the workplace represent about 10% of the working population in Slovakia and 30% in Poland. In Slovakia in 1992 the percentage of persons exposed to chemical substances was 16.4%, to ionizing radiation 4.3%, and to carcinogens 3.3% of all workers exposed to risk factors. The total number of persons exposed to substances proven to be carcinogens in Poland was 1.3% of the employees; 2.2% were exposed to the suspected carcinogens. The incidence of all certified occupational diseases in the Slovak Republic was 53 per 100,000 insured employees in 1992. Cancers certified as occupational cancers are skin cancer caused by occupational exposure to carcinogens, lung cancer caused by ionizing radiation, and asbestosis together with lung cancer. Specific information on occupational cancers from Romania and Bulgaria was not available for this paper. It is difficult to predict a trend for future incidences of occupational cancer. Improved control technology, governmental regulatory activity to reduce exposure, surveillance of diseases and risk factors, and vigilant use of preventive measures should, however, ultimately reduce occupational cancer. (+info)
Y chromosomal polymorphisms reveal founding lineages in the Finns and the Saami. (8/257)Y chromosomal polymorphisms were studied in 502 males from 16 Eurasian ethnic groups including the Finns, Saami (Inari Lake area and Skolt Saami), Karelians, Mari, Mokshas, Erzas, Hungarians (Budapest area and Csangos), Khanty, Mansi, Yakuts, Koryaks, Nivkhs, Mongolians, and Latvians. The samples were analysed for polymorphisms in the Y chromosome specific Alu insertion (YAP) and six microsatellites (DYS19, DYS389-I and II, DYS390, DYS392, DYS393). The populations were also screened for the recently described Tat polymorphism. The incidence of YAP+ type was highest in the Csangos and in other Hungarians (37.5% and 17.5%, respectively). In the Karelians and the Latvians it was present at approximately the same level as commonly found in other European populations, whilst absent in our further samples of Eurasian populations, including the Finns and the Saami. Aside from the Hungarians, the C allele of the Tat polymorphism was common in all the Finno-Ugric speaking populations (from 8.2% to 63.2%), with highest incidence in the Ob-Ugrian Khanty. The C allele was also found in the Latvians (29.4%). The haplotypes found associated with the Tat C allele showed consistently lower density than those associated with the T allele, indicating that the T allele is the original form. The computation of the age of the Tat C suggested that the mutation might be a relatively recent event giving a maximum likelihood estimate of 4440 years (95% confidence interval about 3140-6200 years). The distribution patterns of the 222 haplotypes found varied considerably among the populations. In the Finns a majority of the haplotypes could be assigned to two distinct groups, one of which harboured the C allele of the Tat polymorphism, indicating dichotomous primary source of genetic variation among Finnish males. The presence of a bottleneck or founding effect in the male lineages of some of the populations, namely in the Finns and the Saami, would appear to be one likely interpretation for these findings. (+info)
East Europeans Scholarships | 2021-2022 Scholarships in for East Europeans - Part 11
Scholarships for East Europeans Abroad 2015-2016. Search Scholarships for East European Students to study Bachelors, Masters, PhD Degree in USA, UK, Australia,
Pandora - In Search of the Balkan Recovery : The Political and Economic Reemergence of South-Eastern Europe - Christopher Cviic...
In Search of the Balkan Recovery : The Political and Economic Reemergence of South-Eastern Europe - Christopher Cviic - Hurst - 9781849040709 - Kitap
Politics, Sociology and East European Studies BA | UCL Londons Global University
In each year of your degree you will take a number of individual modules, normally valued at 0.5 or 1.0 credits, adding up to a total of 4.0 credits for the year. Modules are assessed in the academic year in which they are taken. The balance of compulsory and optional modules varies from programme to programme and year to year. A 1.0 credit is considered equivalent to 15 credits in the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).. You will take compulsory modules in politics, sociology and international relations in years one and two-including courses on the political developments of Russia and other parts of the former USSR, as well as central and south-eastern Europe.. In your final year you will write a dissertation based on an independent research project. You will choose additional optional modules in economics, history, language, politics and sociology to match your interests.. You are strongly encouraged to learn Russian or another east European language as part of your degree. As well as ...
Guidelines for the laboratory diagnosis of trichomoniasis in East European countries
The laboratory diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections in many Eastern European countries remains suboptimal. The main objective of the present evidence-based guidelines is to provide comprehensive information regarding the laboratory diagnosis of infections caused by Trichomonas vaginalis in East European countries. In particular, the present guidelines recommend: (i) to encourage examination of the wet mounts of vaginal exudates, instead of stained smears, at all clinical settings; (ii) nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) or culture could be employed if no trichomonads are detected on microscopic examination of the wet preparation and there is a strong indication of infection and (iii) the use of NAATs is encouraged in screening, using non-invasive specimens, or high volume testing situations. In the absence of internationally recognized commercial NAAT systems, tests developed in-house should be validated using obtainable international standards and quality assured strictly. ...
Thomas Keenan, Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Librarian | Princeton University Library
Thomas Keenan holds a Ph.D. in Slavic Languages and Literatures from Yale University, a Master of Library and Information Science from Pratt Institute, and Masters of Arts in Russian Literature and Italian Literature from University of Toronto and Middlebury College. Research interests include Russian literature; Russian, East European, and Soviet political, intellectual, and cultural history; publishing and mass communication in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union; and continuities between medieval and modernist visual and verbal culture.. ...
Download The Soviet Union Eastern Europe And The Third World International Council For Central And East European Studies
39 ASVe, Senato, Secreta, Registro 46, places. 40 Sanudo, Diarii, 19: 232-3, 378, 449. Impero Atti del Convegno della Facolta di Lingue e Letterature Straniere, download the soviet union eastern europe and the third world international council.
POL 7 Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (cross-listed with HST 3).
This Thematic Sequence examines Russian, East European and Eurasian history and politics from a multidisciplinary perspective. The Sequence allows students to study the history and politics of Russia and the former Soviet republics, from medieval times to today. Drawing from a range of disciplines and approaches, students have the opportunity to explore historical patterns, and political movements and parties from the 10th century to present. By considering this interaction, students gain meaningful insights into the development of this region as well as acquiring useful perspectives on western society. Because many of these courses are cross-listed, students from many different majors will be able to take the sequence by enrolling in the course through a department other than their major. Take one course from each tier.. 1. REL/RUS 133 Imagining Russia (3), or. ATH/HST/POL/REL/RUS 254 Introduction to Russian and Eurasian Studies (3); and. 2. ATH/RUS 306 Russia and Eurasia: Anthropological ...
HST 3 Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (cross-listed with POL 7).
This Thematic Sequence examines Russian, East European and Eurasian history and politics from a multidisciplinary perspective. The Sequence allows students to study the history and politics of Russia and the former Soviet republics, from medieval times to today. Drawing from a range of disciplines and approaches, students have the opportunity to explore historical patterns, and political movements and parties from the 10th century to present. By considering this interaction, students gain meaningful insights into the development of this region as well as acquiring useful perspectives on western society. Because many of these courses are cross-listed, students from many different majors will be able to take the sequence by enrolling in the course through a department other than their major. Take one course from each tier.. 1. REL/RUS 133 Imagining Russia (3) (MPF), ...
Central & East European Health Policy Network - Central & East European Health Policy Network
an independent exchange Platform for CEE health policy specialists, academicians, scientists and other stakeholders who are committed to addressing the complementary goals of generally improving patients health outcomes, supporting people ́s well-being and their healthy lifestyles, increasing the quality of their life and their health prospects, as well as improving the climate for innovation within the constraints of pressures to control healthcare costs.
Study International Relations/Central & East European Studies (SocSci) at University of Glasgow - The Uni Guide
See how students rated International Relations/Central & East European Studies (SocSci) at University of Glasgow. Plus, view full entry requirements, average graduate salary and prospects, tuition fees youll pay, funding available and more.
Images of Vilnius in the context of philosophy, sociology and mediology, Studies in East European Thought | 10.1007/s11212-017...
Read Images of Vilnius in the context of philosophy, sociology and mediology, Studies in East European Thought on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips.
Paleosols in Late Moscovian (Carboniferous) Marine Carbonates of the East European Craton Revealing Great Calcimagnesian Plain...
Late Paleozoic strata commonly include lithologic cycles (cyclothems), driven by sea-level fluctuations that repeatedly flooded and exposed broad expanses of epeiric shelves. Such successions, commonly with multiple unconformities, are well documented in Permo-Pennsylvanian sedimentary successions, but remain less understood in the East European Craton (EEC), part of the Euramerican continental shelf rim. This study documents unconformities and paleosols from the Podolskian to Myachkovian (middle Pennsylvanian) epeiric-carbonate succession of the EEC and explores the non-actualistic soil types, landscapes, and the character and density of vegetation in this Pennsylvanian calcimagnesian dryland environment.. Thin (mostly , 1 m) paleosols developed at seven successive unconformities consist of an upper terrestrial clay layer or topclay, a crust of beta calcrete beneath the topclay, and a weakly karsted substrate limestone with rare rhizocretions. Solution pits and small (, 3 m deep) karst ...
WHO/Europe | Preparations start for South-eastern European Health Ministers Forum
National political coordinators of the South-eastern Europe Health Network (SEEHN) and experts from international organizations will come together in Sofia, Bulgaria in June to finalize the regional reports for the Third Health Ministers Forum: Health in All Policies in south-eastern Europe: a shared goal and responsibility, 13-14 October 2011, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
WHO/Europe | Self-sufficiency in organ donation a step closer in south-eastern Europe
SEEHN - Health ministers and high-level officials from the 10 countries in the South-eastern Europe Health Network (SEEHN) attended the first regional ministerial conference on organ donation and transplantation in Zagreb, Croatia on 4 June.
Emigration and Its Economic Impact on Eastern Europe
This paper analyses the impact of large and persistent emigration from Eastern European countries over the past 25 years on these countries growth and income convergence to advanced Europe. While emigration has likely benefited migrants themselves, the receiving countries and the EU as a whole, its impact on sending countries economies has been largely negative. The analysis suggests that labor outflows, particularly of skilled workers, lowered productivity growth, pushed up wages, and slowed growth and income convergence. At the same time, while remittance inflows supported financial deepening, consumption and investment in some countries, they also reduced incentives to work and led to exchange rate appreciations, eroding competiveness. The departure of the young also added to the fiscal pressures of already aging populations in Eastern Europe. The paper concludes with policy recommendations for sending countries to mitigate the negative impact of emigration on their economies, and the EU-wide
Shop К Постановке Задачи По Расчету Магнитной Цепи Торцового Асинхронного Двигателя 0
Russian and East European Studies greets the shop к постановке задачи, browser, facts, rights, different heritage, and block of Russia, the non-Russian readers of the thermal Soviet Union, and Eastern Europe. assumptions have original books of change that provide the non-Unicode idealization of Russian and East European Studies. Those using in Eastern Europe should give early Czech, Polish, Tree, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, or Japanese as too rapidly certain.
Central & Eastern Europe, Croatia | REESWeb
The Federation of East European Family History Societies should be the first stop for anyone researching East European geneology or family history on the Web ...
Session 2.9: Populism on the Streets of Central and Eastern Europe: Right-Wing Movements in Eastern Germany, Hungary and Poland...
Welcome to the ICCEES 10th World Virtual Congress (Montréal, 2021) website! ICCEES, the International Council for Central and East European Studies, is a global consortium of national scholarly associations dedicated to multi-disciplinary research into Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia. Its aims are to: promote international scholarly exchange and cooperation by holding a World Congress every five years; share experience and support in critical methods, scholarly publishing, and organizational skills; and welcome young scholars working in the field. With the main theme of
Environmental respiratory health in central and eastern Europe - ccceh.org
The main objective of the paper was to discuss the environmental issues in the countries of central and eastern Europe (CEE) and to show their significance for respiratory health. Many epidemiologic studies carried out in the region have documented an association between air pollution and adverse health effects in the respiratory tract. Short-term exposure to ambient air pollution has been related to an increase in mortality and hospital admissions for diseases of respiratory tract. Effects of long-term exposure was implicated in the rising trends of lower respiratory tract diseases, such as asthma and bronchitis, in both children and adults. Recent evidence indicates that the prevalence of allergic sensitization in the CEE countries is higher in urban than in rural areas, however, it is not clear to what extent ambient air pollution has contributed to this difference. It is difficult to estimate the toll of adverse health effects caused by air pollution in the CEE countries because of ...
Eastern Europe - Tag | PBS NewsHour
U.S. to beef up military presence in Eastern Europe WASHINGTON - U.S. officials say the Pentagon will be deploying an armored brigade combat team to Eastern Europe next February as part of the ongoing effort to reassure allies worried about threats from an increasingly aggressive Russia.. By Lolita C. Baldor, Associated Press. ...
Articles about United States Contracts Eastern Europe - latimes
United States Contracts Eastern Europe News. Find breaking news, commentary, and archival information about United States Contracts Eastern Europe From The latimes
mating patterns in medieval eastern europe | hbd chick
i said i would start taking a look at the mating patterns of eastern europe after christmas, so here i am! (^_^) hold on ... here we go ... first of all, eastern europe is a big place, not to mention the medieval period, so consider this a premlinary view of things (which it is).…
Among the Central and Eastern European Countries of the European Union, Who Gained and Who Lost? by Miroslav N. Jovanovic,...
The continuous enlargement of the European Union (EU) has been one of its greatest achievements and judging by the increasing number of EU member countries, one
Hypertension : The East European experience. | Base documentaire | BDSP
Some differences and similarities between Eastern Europe and the rest of the Continent are presented regarding the treatment of hypertension. Based on data from the WHO Monitoring Trends and Determinants in Cardiovascular Diseases MONICA study, the prevalence of hypertension, and the proportion of uncontrolled hypertension, is clearly higher in...
Increased attendances of people of eastern European origin at sexual health services in London - Articles - Publications of HSE...
Objective: To describe the service use of migrants from eight central and eastern European (CEE) countries at two central London genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics before and after accession to the European Union on 1 May 2004.. Methods: KC60 data collected between 1 June 2001 and 30 April 2007. Data refer to new attendances and exclude those attending for follow-up appointments.. Results: 102 604 people attended the clinics at least once over the study period. Between May 2006 and 30 April 2007 individuals born in the eight CEE countries accounted for 7.9% of attendances among women and 2.5% of attendances made by men; the proportion increasing significantly over the 6-year study period (p,0.001). Syphilis was more likely in CEE men (age-adjusted odds ratio (OR) 2.98, 95% CI 1.07 to 8.29) and family planning services were more likely to be required for CEE women (23.9% vs 12.4%, age-adjusted OR 2.33, 95% CI 2.02 to 2.68, p,0.001), than for those born elsewhere. A larger proportion of men from ...
PRIME PubMed | HFRS and hantaviruses in the Balkans/South-East Europe
PubMed journal article: HFRS and hantaviruses in the Balkans/South-East Europe. Download Prime PubMed App to iPhone, iPad, or Android
POST-PANDEMIC PRODUCTION RELOCATION: AN OPPORTUNITY FOR CEE COUNTRIES? / News / News & Publications - Coface
Foreign trade and inclusion in supply chains had already increased in recent years, supported by EU membership by most CEE (Central and Eastern European) countries in 2004.. ...
European Commission imposes obligations on Gazprom
The European Commission on May 24 adopted a decision imposing on Gazprom - the main gas supplier in many Central and Eastern European countries - a new set of obligations. The aim is to address competition concerns and enable the free flow of gas at competitive prices for the benefit of European consumers and businesses.. All companies doing business in Europe have to respect European rules on competition, no matter where they are from, said Commissioner in charge of competition policy, Margrethe Vestager. Todays decision removes obstacles created by Gazprom, which stand in the way of the free flow of gas in Central and Eastern Europe. But more than that - our decision provides a tailor-made rulebook for Gazproms future conduct. It obliges Gazprom to take positive steps to further integrate gas markets in the region and to help realise a true internal market for energy in Europe. And it gives Gazprom customers in Central and Eastern Europe an effective tool to make sure the price they pay ...
Dienekes Anthropology Blog: Beware of sample sizes: why Ancestral North Indians came from West Asia, not Eastern Europe
The Caspian horse isnt a wild animal, its one of the oldest domesticated horse breeds in existence. The paper on its genetic diversity calculates admixture estimates using the Caspian Horse as the eastern refugium contributor, and these are very high even for British and Iberian horses that also show evidence for the secondary domestication center. Diversity of eastern European horse breeds is lower than in the Caspian horse, of course someone can use that as evidence that horses were domesticated in eastern Europe, but using the same kind of logic we would conclude that the lowest diversity areas point to the area of domestication, so wheat, barley, sheep, oxen, etc. were all domesticated in Europe and not the Middle East ...
Aid to the Church in Central and Eastern Europe | DOLR.org
This special collection is taken up in all parishes across Arkansas. The countries in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union endured decades of communist oppression. Also emerging from the years of communist rule is the Church, which suffered grave wounds to its spiritual life and its ability to serve. Now it is vigorously involved in rebuilding the faith of its people. Proceeds from this collection, sponsored by the bishops of the United States, are used for things such as supporting religious education programs, training seminarians, expanding social ministries, and rebuilding churches, convents and schools. For more information, contact Dianne Brady, director of the diocesan Stewardship and Development Office, at (501) 664-0340.. ...
Report Tracks New Cocaine Routes into Europe
This diversification of drug routes into the region has been noted in recent years by European police agency Europol, which highlighted a similar trend in a 2013 report on EU drug markets.. Europol also highlighted the growing role of the Eastern European countries in the trade, and how groups there have benefited from changes in the traditional monolithic criminal structures of Colombian and Mexican cartels, which have divided into smaller factions that often become rivals. This fragmentation has been a decisive factor in the formation of alliances between the resulting new structures and Eastern European groups. SEE ALSO: Coverage of Criminal Migration. Additionally, the emergence of new markets has opened the way for organized crime groups in Europe and Africa to establish new alliances and increase their participation in the market, a dynamic that has benefited criminal groups from Eastern Europe and the Balkans, according to Europol.. In one example of this growing participation, in ...
Best Eastern European Restaurants in Kommetjie - TripAdvisor
Best Eastern European Restaurants in Kommetjie, Cape Town: Find TripAdvisor traveller reviews of Kommetjie Eastern European restaurants and search by price, location, and more.
Best Eastern European Restaurants in Le Grand Saconnex - TripAdvisor
Best Eastern European Restaurants in Le Grand Saconnex, Geneva: Find TripAdvisor traveller reviews of Le Grand Saconnex Eastern European restaurants and search by price, location, and more.
The effect of ethnic diversity on income | UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES) - UCL - University College...
The effect of ethnic diversity on income - an empirical investigation using survey data from a post-conflict environment. This empirical study is based on nationally representative cross-sectional survey data gathered to investigate the effect of ethnic diversity on personal and family incomes in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), a post-conflict society. The 1992-1995 conflict was harmful for ethnic diversity. Yet, two decades later, where it still exists, ethnic diversity gives rise to positive economic consequences. After controlling for other influences, the authors find lower probabilities of respondents in ethnically diverse neighbourhoods being in the lowest income categories but higher probabilities of being in medium and higher income categories. The largest effects are the reduced probabilities of respondents reporting no income, and are thus particularly relevant to poverty reduction. At the limit, their estimates imply an income gap of more than 20 per cent between a counter-factual ...
RE: BUSINESS IN EASTERN EUROPE
We are forwarding company located in the north of sweden with idea of doing business in Eastern Europe. We are agents of the fully automatic Pan Cake Machine and would like to find contacts to help us sell this machine in Finland and Russia. We are also in trading business and would like to find agent in the former Soviet Union to help us export a new brand of Scotch Whisky ...
Download Religion And Nationalism In Soviet And East European Politics
complete Review: Some modern issues know easier to participate than download. relatively there hold narrative hydraulics that packaging me strictly. Boris Karloff has equally through Frankenstein and my download religion considers out to a carousel who Now authorized to be taken.
Krugman vs. Estonia: The opera - Foreign Policy
Lets write about something we know nothing about & be smug, overbearing & patronizing: after all, theyre just wogs: http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/estonian-rhapsdoy/ Guess a Nobel in trade means you can pontificate on fiscal matters & declare my country a wasteland. Must be a Princeton vs Columbia thing [Ilves went to Columbia for undergrad.] But yes, what do we know? Were just dumb & silly East Europeans. Unenlightened. Someday we too will understand. Nostra culpa. Lets sh*t on East Europeans: their English is bad, wont respond & actually do what theyve agreed to & reelect govts that are responsible. ...
Eastern Europe: Region Grows As Manufacturing Point For Auto Industry
Its a success story in a region that has had to suffer a lot of hardship during the economic reforms of the last decade. Eastern Europe has managed to establish itself as a favorable environment for the auto industry, with factories from Poland to Romania manufacturing a wide range of vehicles...
BNAs Eastern Europe Reporter - Google Books
books.google.comhttps://books.google.com/books/about/BNA_s_Eastern_Europe_Reporter.html?id=Rq8SAQAAMAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareBNAs Eastern Europe Reporter ...
Latest news. Real estate news from South Eastern Europe and Russia, property market trends and tendencies.
Latest news for real estate and property market. Get acquainted with the trends of the current property market in Russia and South Eastern Europe.
Day of news on live map - July, 22 2021 - News of Central and Eastern Europe on live map - cee.liveuamap.com
Day of news on live map - July, 22 2021 - Explore Central and Eastern Europe local news alerts & todays headlines geolocated on live map on website or application. Focus on politics, military news and security alerts
Day of news on live map - August, 07 2021 - News of Central and Eastern Europe on live map - cee.liveuamap.com
Day of news on live map - August, 07 2021 - Explore Central and Eastern Europe local news alerts & todays headlines geolocated on live map on website or application. Focus on politics, military news and security alerts
1. Trump from Michael Novakhov (197 sites): Russia influence in Eastern Europe - Google News: Coronavirus Turmoil to Take...
1. Trump from Michael_Novakhov (197 sites): Russia influence in Eastern Europe - Google News: Coronavirus Turmoil to Take Toll on Near-term Growth of Diagnostic X-Ray System Market - PharmiWeb. ...
Neurosurgery Sales and Marketing Manager Eastern Europe and Middle East. Warsaw based - New Job Offer
Neurosurgery Sales and Marketing Manager Eastern Europe and Middle East. Warsaw based - is a new job offer from Coberon - find houndreds of professions at ChronosConsulting.com!
Neurosurgery Sales and Marketing Manager Eastern Europe and Middle East. Munich based - New Job Offer
Neurosurgery Sales and Marketing Manager Eastern Europe and Middle East. Munich based - is a new job offer from Coberon - find houndreds of professions at ChronosConsulting.com!
Banks Find Tech Talent in Eastern Europe | ITOnews.eu
IT Outsourcing News from Central and Eastern Europe - Barclays Capital has unveiled their plans to recruit 500 IT professionals for a new tech centre in the Ukraine.
OSCE hosts training course for South-Eastern Europe on Dark Web and virtual currencies in Tirana | OSCE
Tirana, 16 February 2018 - Providing criminal justice practitioners without IT specialization with a general overview of how all types of criminal activities may be facilitated on the Internet was the focus of a one-week training course hosted by the OSCE from 12 to 16 February 2018 at the Albanian Security Academy in Tirana.
Molson Coors closes acquisition of Eastern European brewers, Kamenitza included | The Sofia Globe
Denver-based Molson Coors, estimated as the worlds fifth-largest beer brewer by volume, said on June 18 that it has closed the acquisition of Eastern European StarBev, a conglomerate that includes Bulgarian brewer Kamenitza, for 2.65 billion euro.. Mark Hunter, chief executive of Molson Coors UK & Ireland business, will serve as CEO of the new business unit, which has been renamed Molson Coors Central Europe and employs about 4100 people across the region.. Hunter said that he was inheriting a strong operation and that the company had a clear plan in place to build upon the strong profile of these great brands and capitalize on an attractive and growing beer market.. Dutch-based StarBev was spun-off from Anheuser Busch InBev in 2009 and sold to private equity firm CVC for 1.5 billion euro as part of Dutch brewer InBevs efforts to raise funds for the acquisition of Anheuser Busch.. StarBev has operations in nine Eastern European countries - including breweries in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, ...
Central & Eastern Europe, Albania | REESWeb
The Federation of East European Family History Societies should be the first stop for anyone researching East European geneology or family history on the Web ...
First Partial Joint Replacement Performed in Bulgaria and in Eastern Europe - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency
А surgery for partial joint replacement was performed for the first time in Bulgaria and in Eastern Europe. The innovative technology helps for full recovery of joint problems, reported BNT. The team of Prof. Plamen Kinov from Tsaritsa Yoanna University Hospital (ISUL) in Sofia performed the surgery. Only the injured part of the joints is replaced, not the whole joint. This helps to keep more healthy tissues and bones, and the recovery is faster.. Patients can exercise, run, play football, and climb mountains, ie. have an absolutely normal functioning after the surgery, Prof. Kinov explained.. The first patient in Eastern Europe is the former football player of Karnobat Municipal Football Club Teodor Todorov. His spent his whole life on the pitch until he got a serious joint problem a year ago.. The surgery for the partial prosthesis of joints is covered by the National Health Insurance Fund.. After the successful operation on 3rd of August, the team of Tsaritsa Yoanna University Hospital ...
Polish Dating Croatia | Polish Girls in Croatia | Russian Girls in Croatia | Russian Dating Croatia | Polish Dating Site Croatia
If you believe Ukrainian girls in Croatia are amazing women, then come join East European Dating, the premium website for meeting Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian and other East European women. Polish Dating Croatia, Polish Girls in Croatia, Russian Girls in Croatia, Russian Dating Croatia, Polish Dating Site Croatia
Translating Cultures: Balkan Responses to European Migrant Crisis | Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
The influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees from the Middle East into Europe has challenged the existing notion of national boundaries and demonstrated an increased need for a public policy that would take into account problems arising from the forced movement of population on such a large scale. Media reporting of the crisis focuses on the plight of miserable migrants who are using Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Hungary as transition points to reach the wealthier countries in Europe. Needless to say, countries comprising the European Union have had vastly differing responses to the issue of national boundaries and their permeability in the ongoing migration crisis. This lecture uses the innovative methodology of cultural translation to analyze this phenomenon by calling for a new understanding of language, space and identity in the Balkans in particular and Europe in general.. Tomislav Longinović is Professor of Slavic, Comparative Literature and Visual Culture at the University ...
All ages and truncated (35 to 64 years) mortality rates from all neoplasms and from cancers of the lung, stomach, intestines, and breast for the six calendar quinquennia from 1960-1964 to 1985-1989 were computed from official death certification data and population estimates obtained from the World Health Organization database for total Europe (excluding former Soviet Union) and for three broad European areas: (a) member countries of the European Economic Community for the last period of the study; (b) other Western European countries; and (c) Eastern European countries. In Europe, mortality rates for all neoplasms increased for men and decreased for women. The increase in men can be largely explained by the major tobacco-related lung cancer epidemic throughout Europe. Lung cancer mortality rates rose steeply in Eastern Europe, where the truncated rates reached the highest levels ever observed, and there is no evidence of a leveling off. Stomach cancer mortality decreased in all Europe for both ...
The international integration of money markets in the central and east European accession countries: deviations from covered...
Downloadable! Based on the concept of covered interest parity it is shown that the money markets in Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and the Slovak Republic meanwhile display a high degree of international integration with the euro area. Integration has strengthened continuously in the review period of 1999 to mid 2002. The segmentation that could still be observed stems from both restrictions on the short-term movement of capital and the limited development of the financial sectors in the four accession countries. While almost all capital controls have since been removed and will no longer play a role after accession to the EU, the implementation and transmission of the single monetary policy within the Eurosystem will possibly be impeded, if the financial sectors in CEE are then still underdeveloped.
Advances in Databases and Information Systems - 14th East European Conference, ADBIS 2010, Novi Sad, Serbia, September 20-24,...
This volume contains the best papers presented at the 14th East-European C- ference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems (ADBIS 2010), held during September 20-24, 2010, in Novi Sad, Serbia. ADBIS 2010 continued the ADBIS series held in St. Petersburg (1997), Poznan (1998), Maribor
East-European Shepherd - Wikipedia
The East European Shepherd (VEO) (in Russian: Восточно-европейская овчарка (ВЕО)) -is a breed of dog that was developed in the 1930-1950s based on German Shepherd Dogs to create a larger cold-resistant breed for military use, police work and border guard duties in the Soviet Union. VEOs are also used as guide dogs for the blind and there are VEO therapy dogs. This breed is popular in Russia where it entered a public culture and acquired a legendary status as an extremely smart and loyal dog devoted to their owners. The breed is well known in other ex-Soviet Union republics. In the West, the East-European Shepherd is a rare breed that is not well known: information about the breed on online sources, in English, is limited and often incorrect or distorted. The East European Shepherd is larger than a German Shepherd: males are 66-76 centimetres (26-30 inches) at the withers and weight 35-50 kg, females are 62-72 centimetres (24.5-28 inches) and weight 30-50 kg. Along ...
To Evaluate the Incidence of Acute Otitis Media in Children in Five East European Countries - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials...
For the prospective part of the study, the enrolled subjects will be followed up for a period of 1 year starting from the consent date, during which the parent(s)/ legally acceptable representative(s) will be asked to bring the subject for a visit each time they notice symptoms of acute otitis media or respiratory tract infection in the subject. In case AOM is diagnosed by the investigator, detailed information on the signs, symptoms, severity, course and treatment will be recorded. The parent(s)/ legally acceptable representative(s) of the subjects will also be required to fill up a parental quality of life questionnaire and an Otitis Media-6 childrens quality of life questionnaire ...
Eastern Europe Express | Intrepid Travel NZ
Enjoy a thrilling tour of Eastern Europe from Romania to Bulgaria. From Bucharest, head through Bulgaria and finish up in its ancient capital, Sofia.
Trips Archive - Cultural Rom Tour: Travel to Romania, tours in Eastern Europe, Dracula tours, travel to Transylvania, travel to...
In the first century before Jesus Christ, the Dacians were the people the most influent on eastern Europe their richness were known from the Romans. This conquest was the last main of the roman emperor Trajan. After two big battles in 101 and 106, the roman armies won and most of Dacia became Roman. The story of this conquest can now be find on the Trajan Column in Roma. The track of this occupation can still be seen in Romania. Take part of this trip and discover the fabulous Dacian legends. those wolf warriors who thought they were ...
Estonia among top three effective users of EU funds in Eastern Europe | News | ERR
During the previous fiscal period, the countries that used European Union funds most effectively in Central and Eastern Europe were Lithuania, Slovenia, and Estonia, an analysis by audit firm KPMG showed.
British Library EThOS: A study of obsidian in prehistoric central and Eastern Europe, and its trace element characterization :...
Obsidian ; Prehistoric Central Europe ; Prehistoric Eastern Europe ; Trace element characterization ; Neutron activation analysis ; Zemplen Mountains, North Eastern Hungary ; Mousterian period ; Neolithic and Copper and Bronze Ages
Ethnopharmacology in Central and Eastern Europe in the Context of Global Research Developments | Frontiers Research Topic
Historically, medicinal plants have been a key element of healthcare, and are still widely used as alternative and complementary therapy (mainly in developed countries) or as a primary treatment (in most developing countries). Moreover, many of the modern pharmaceuticals were developed from molecules extracted from natural sources, and medicinal plants still today represent an important pool for the identification of novel drug leads. The ethnopharmacological tradition in Central and Eastern Europe has a great historical significance and large part of the Western world´s knowledge for therapeutic properties of medicinal plants has its roots in the Greek and Roman cultures (e.g., with a reference to the influential works of Dioscorides, Pliny the Elder, and Galen). The German-speaking Central European areas have also played very important roles, with some influential medieval herbal book editions such as the Mainz Herbal (Herbarius Moguntinus, 1484) and The German Herbal (1485). Moreover, at the
UN Secretary-General appoints Michel Kazatchkine as his Special Envoy on HIV/AIDS for Eastern Europe and Central Asia
The United Nations has announced the appointment of Michel Kazatchkine as the Secretary-Generals new Special Envoy for HIV/AIDS in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, one of only two regions in the world where HIV is continuing to grow.
Transitions in End of Life Care: Hospice and Related Developments in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Despite permissive laws and a well-developed network of facilities, the incidence of unsafe abortion and the resulting maternal mortality is unacceptably high in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, with one-quarter ...
HIV Rates Still Rising in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
HIV rates are dropping all over the world, but Eastern Europe and Central Asia are being left behind. But basics such as test-and-treat programs can make a difference, experts say.
HIV is Spreading at an Alarming Rate in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
A lot of factors have fuelled the spread of HIV in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, mainly official apathy, discrimination and criminalisation of drug addicts.
Urban Poverty in Eastern Europe and Central Asia - 2003-10-17
During the 1990s, much of Eastern Europe and Central Asia began the arduous process of political, economic and social transformation. In the first five years of transition, when unprofitable indus...
9781585445233: The Orthodox Church and Civil Society in Russia (Eugenia & Hugh M. Stewart 26 Series on Eastern Europe) -...
AbeBooks.com: The Orthodox Church and Civil Society in Russia (Eugenia & Hugh M. Stewart 26 Series on Eastern Europe) (9781585445233) by Wallace L. Daniel and a great selection of similar New, Used and Collectible Books available now at great prices.
Parliamentary Institutions in Eastern Europe | C-SPAN.org
The Association for Public Policy Analysis, affiliated with Duke University, sponsored a forum on developing parliamentary institutions in Eastern Europe as part of its meeting in Washington, DC. Speakers in the forum included representatives of the governments of Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland. The speakers responded to questions from the attendees following their prepared remarks.
Churches in eastern Europe
SIR - If current experience in Hungary is anything to go by the church in Eastern Europe has anything but waning involvement in politics as you assert. Since last September Catholic clergy here have weekly called from the pulpit for the removal of Ferenc Gyurcsanys socialist govemment on the grounds that it is unchristian. Could you imagine the outrage if Anglican clergy were to use similar immoderate language in England ...
WHO Identifies Areas Where Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis Particular Problem, Including Eastern Europe, China - TheBody.com
Drug-resistant tuberculosis is a particular problem in areas of Eastern Europe and China, according to a report released on Tuesday by the Global ...
Central/Eastern Europe: Germany Considers Compensation For Holocaust Survivors
Munich, 22 August 1997 (RFE/RL) -- The German government has agreed with an international Jewish organization to begin a speedy consideration of proposals for offering compensation to Holocaust survivors living in central and eastern Europe. A government spokesman said in Bonn yesterday it...
Ornament & Jewellery: Archaeological finds from Eastern Europe by Benda, Klement (text); Neubert, K. and J. (photogs.): Artia,...
AbeBooks.com: Ornament & Jewellery: Archaeological finds from Eastern Europe: Quarto. 89pp. White photo-illustrated dustjacket protected in glassine over maroon cloth with gilt stamped illustration on cover, gilt stamped lettering on spine. Black photo-illustrated endpapers. Presents . the distinctive Slav contribution to the art of jewellery in the Early Middle Ages (publisher), with 80 color photographs. Glassine lightly chipped, small closed tear to d/j spine. D/j in overall good, binding and interior in very good+ condition.
Missionary encounters extremely bizarre skin condition in Eastern Europe (part 2) - WFMUs Beware of the Blog
About a month ago on this blog, I posted photos and a story about a missionary in Eastern Europe who is caring for a man who has keratin-like matter growing out of the skin on hands and feet (see part...
Physician migration at its roots: a study on the emigration preferences and plans among medical students in Romania | Human...
This is the first study of its kind in Romania, aiming to provide an in-depth analysis of prospective physician migration, with a particular emphasis on the attitudes and practices undertaken by medical graduates in relation to choosing a career abroad.. In this study, 84.7% of the respondents are considering to seek employment abroad after graduation. The total percentage of students that are considering emigration (84.7%) is higher than in other Eastern European countries. For comparison, Polish students estimated the likelihood of emigration to be around 50% . 60% of medical residents from Lithuania stated that they intended to emigrate, 15% of them permanently , and only 45% of the Czech physicians are contemplating emigration . One third of the final year medical students from Croatia reported their willingness to permanently leave the country in search of employment elsewhere . In 2004, surveys conducted in Central and Eastern Europe found that 10.4% of Polish, 15.6% of ...
3 Media and Technology Solutions for the Good of All from Ashokas Media and Technology Fellows at the DW Global Media Forum |...
1. Addressing government censorship and countering the Global North narrative - In Senegal, Tidiane Hamadou is addressing the issue of government censorship, and challenging the Global Norths narrative on the Global South by making way for African voices in the conversation through Ouestaf News. When independent journalism began to emerge as an opposition-led press, journalists were not always adequately trained and many were exposed to a host of pressures from political and business interests-a situation that still exists. Tidiane has founded a region wide online news outlet-Ouestafnews-in which a corps of independent, investigative journalists report on the stories they care about without being subject to outside pressure. Tidiane hopes to show the world that this approach to news is both sustainable and accomplishable by a new generation of journalists.. 2. Strengthening media in post-communist Eastern European countries - In Eastern Europe and Eurasia Jeremy Drucker is strengthening the ...
Bulgaria - Pirdop - Copper smelting refinery | Richard Baker Photography
A Bulgarian copper manufacturing worker tends to molten metals in the Pirdop refinery..The Pirdop copper smelter and refinery is the biggest in the Balkans and whole of South-Eastern Europe. It was privatized in 1997 for $80,000,000 and is now owned by the German Aurubis. It has a capacity of 160,000 tons and additional capacity of 180,000 tons worth EUR82,000,000 is being built. The factory also produces 830,000 tons of sulphuric acid and employs 1,420 workers. Pirdop is a town located in South-West Bulgaria of Sofia Province in the southeastern part of the Zlatitsa.
Coffee Break - Milena Suede Wedges - Corporette.com
My sister is adopted from China, and my co-workers daughter from South Korea. My sisters (white) parents would have been happy with a child of either gender. However, the East Asian countries seem to only have girls in the orphanages, especially in China due to the one-child policy. These orphanages tend to be run ok, though problems abound. My sisters orphanage in Hunan had no heat (no gov $ for it), so the babies were wrapped in many layers of blankets so they would stay warm by caring staff. This also meant her motor skills were severely delayed because shed basically been in a well-meaning straight jacket for most of her life. The staff cried and hugged my sister when her parents came to get her, and wrote her notes. They took many pictures and saved the notes for my sister when she is a little older.. They chose to adopt from China instead of Eastern Europe (where boys are available) because the orphanages in Eastern Europe are widely reputed to be poorly run and to hide physical and ...
The Republic of Albania is located in south-eastern Europe and has a population of 2.8 million (2011 census). It was established as a unitary parliamentary republic in 1991 after 46 years of Communist rule. This review of the budget process of the ... ...
Spatial and temporal dynamics of hepatitis B virus d genotype in europe and the mediterranean basin. | IRIS UNIPV
Hepatitis B virus genotype D can be found in many parts of the world and is the most prevalent strain in south-eastern Europe, the Mediterranean Basin, the Middle East, and the Indian sub-continent. The epidemiological history of the D genotype and its subgenotypes is still obscure because of the scarcity of appropriate studies. We retrieved from public databases a total of 312 gene P sequences of HBV genotype D isolated in various countries throughout the world, and reconstructed the spatio-temporal evolutionary dynamics of the HBV-D epidemic using a Bayesian framework.The phylogeographical analysis showed that India had the highest posterior probability of being the location of the tree root, whereas central Asia was the most probable location of the common ancestor of subgenotypes D1-D3. HBV-D5 (identified in native Indian populations) diverged from the tree root earlier than D1-D3. The time of the most recent common ancestor (tMRCA) of the tree root was 128 years ago, which suggests that the ...
Editing Belgrade - Wikitravel
printDistricts}} Belgrade (Serbian: Београд, Beograd) [http://www.beograd.rs/cms/view.php?id=220] - meaning White City - is the capital of the Republic of [[Serbia]]. Various styles of architecture dominate the city, while its recent resurgence as the leading hub in south-eastern Europe make it a must see destination. == Understand == [[Image:Belgrade hoods.png,thumb,right,300px,Belgrades districts and neighbourhoods]] [[Image:50604571beograd1223pe.jpg,thumb,right,270px,The St Sava Church, the biggest Eastern Orthodox Church in the world (a must-see for all visitors)]] [[Image:16420443824ff7a9bf4b3pi.jpg,thumb,right,270px,Knez Mihajlova, one of the most popular pedestrian-only streets in Belgrade]] Belgrade is the capital of the Republic of Serbia and is, as such, the countrys largest city with a population of about 1.7 million people [https://zis.beograd.gov.rs/upload/Beograd_u_brojkama_2010.pdf]. It lies on the confluence of the Sava and [[Danube]] rivers. The city has a ...
71th Executive Board meeting, Växjö, 29 October 2014 | UBC.net
On 23-24 October 2014 Gdynia played host to the UBC and the City of Gdynia Joint Conference entitled „Baltic Sea Region advancing towards Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning organized within CIVITAS [email protected] European project.. 25 international speakers from six European countries shared their knowledge on SUMP development over two days of presentations and workshops.. The first day of the conference was divided into three main panels: SUMP as a complex approach to mobility planning, SUMP ripple effect across borders - experiences and future funding and Local scale mobility planning - City of Gdynia case study.. The second day of the conference was focused on competence building and methodologies supporting the SUMP development process. Starting with the panel on Competence building regarding SUMPs in Europe, covering the subjects of the BSR and South-Eastern Europe Competence Centres on SUMP, followed by interactive session during which participants talked about weaknesses and strengths ...
in Changing Societies « balticworlds.com
The negative consequences undoubtedly exist. The state of public health in Eastern Europe started to stagnate as early as the mid-1960s. The rapid transformations of the early 1990s caused a severe deterioration of an already precarious situation. The former Soviet republics experienced dramatic increases in their mortality rates, especially among men, and suicide mortality was no exception. Rather, the increases in suicide levels in some of the East European countries were of such magnitude that it is scarcely possible to find their counterparts in 20th century history. In Russia, suicide mortality increased by 62 percent between 1989 and 1994, in Lithuania (which presently has the highest suicide mortality rate in the world), the increase during this same period amounted to 69 percent (see Figure).15. These alarming developments soon caught the attention of researchers.16 In terms of theories about suicide, they pose serious problems for those who claim that suicide is always a result either ...
Economic Prospects for Paralysis
Even if there were a greater measure of efficiency, the East European economies are not equipped for the scale of exports required to generate market-led growth How much Polish pork and soft fruit can Western Europes Common Market absorb without threatening its own Common Agricultural Policy? If foreign exchange cannot be earned, then foreign business cannot repatriate its profits and will not invest on any scale.. The problem is becoming even more exaggerated now as all the Comecon (Eastern Europe) countries compete to get as much foreign exchange as they can. Moscow has now set 1991 as the year in which all buyers of its oil and gas exports must pay world-market prices in hard currency (and the entire East except Romania is entirely dependent on Soviet energy supplies).. The East has managed so far only by borrowing abroad, but the supply is now (tying up-at just the time when it should increase. One estimate predicts the East will need an inflow of at least $80 billion-90 billion annually ...
Past Special Programs on WFMU
Martin Koenig* founded New Yorks Balkan Arts Center (now CTMD) in 1968, a vital cultural organization building cross-cultural bridges through music, dance and folklore. Koenig first fell in love with East European folk dancing in college in the 1950s. He adventurously traveled behind the iron curtain in Eastern Europe to learn the dances directly from the source. Seeing the old traditions rapidly disappearing he started documenting, with tape recorder and camera. One result was three classic 1970s Nonesuch Explorer LPs. But less well known were over a dozen 7 vinyl EPs of his field recordings (often made with his CTMD co-director Ethel Raim**), the Balkan Arts Series, that circulated only in folk-dance circles. Now over four decades later the Balkan Arts series is getting a broader release for the first time, both digitally and on the original 7 vinyl (with beautiful new cover art from Martins photo archive, expansive liner notes and even an audio commentary from Koenig). Martin Koenig joins ...
European consumers attitudes toward data privacy, in 5 charts - Digiday
Not everyone seems to understand the trade-off between allowing their data to be accessed and ad-funded content. In general, consumers in Eastern European countries like Estonia are less tolerant of their data being used than those in Western European countries like the U.K. and Germany, according to a 2017 study from research firm GfK on behalf of IAB Europe that surveyed 11,020 people across 11 European countries, including the U.K., France, Germany and Spain.. Across all 11 countries, 77 percent said they prefer to access free generic news content and services online while keeping their browsing history private, rather than have a more personalized content experience that would require them to allow more data access. Unsurprisingly, respondents ages 16 to 24 favored personalized content more than people older than 25, according to the same report. That said, 83 percent of respondents said they prefer free online content with accompanying ads over paying for content, and 69 percent said they ...
... East-Central Europe Central Europe Central and Eastern Europe Northern Europe Southeast Europe Western Europe ... Interview with historian Larry Wolff on "Inventing Eastern Europe" Eastern Europe Economic Data Emerging Europe - A new ... in Eastern Europe? The human capital development of Central-Eastern and Eastern Europe in the seventeenth to nineteenth ... Eastern Orthodox concept in Europe. Armour points out that Cyrillic-alphabet use is not a strict determinant for Eastern Europe ...
Galicia (Eastern Europe)
"European Kingdoms - Eastern Europe - Galicia". The History Files. Kessler Associates. Retrieved 13 December 2014. Zakharii, ... non-Eastern Europe.' ... Otto von Habsburg ... expressed clearly that all of Ukraine belongs to Central Europe, which is the ... Eastern Europe), Regions of Europe, Divided regions, Former Slavic countries, Kingdom of Galicia-Volhynia, Historical regions ... Eastern Galicia was the most diverse part of the region, and one of the most diverse areas in Europe at the time. In 1910, ...
Sport1 (Eastern Europe)
Sport1 is a European sports channel which is currently available in Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia broadcasting in ... The channel is owned by AMC Networks International Central Europe. It currently holds the TV rights to broadcast National ...
Pantler (Eastern Europe)
Pantler (Lithuanian: stalininkas, Polish: stolnik, Russian: сто́льник, IPA: [ˈstolʲnʲɪk]) was a court office in Lithuania, Poland, and Russia, responsible for serving the royal table, then an honorary court title and a district office. In the Crown of Poland under the first Piast dukes and kings, this was a court office. From the 14th century, it was an honorary court title in the Kingdom of Poland, since the 16th century. Grand Pantler of the Crown (Polish: Stolnik wielki koronny) Pantler of the Crown (Polish: Stolnik koronny) Court Pantler of the Crown (Polish: Stolnik nadworny koronny) According to the 1768 district office hierarchy, the Pantler's position in the Crown of Poland was superior to that of Deputy cup-bearer and inferior to that of district judge. In Lithuania, the pantler's position emerged in the late 15th century, comparatively later than Maršalka, Treasurer, and Cup-bearer, with the first Grand Pantler of Lithuania, Albertas Jonaitis Manvydas [lt], being known ...
Lieutenant (Eastern Europe)
Eastern Europe) Colonel (Eastern Europe) Lieutenant colonel general Comparative army officer ranks of Europe Ranks and insignia ... The rank of Lieutenant in Eastern Europe (Croatian: poručnik, Czech: poručík, Polish: porucznik, Russian: poruchik, Serbian: ...
New Eastern Europe
"A New Eastern Europe?". Europe & me. Retrieved 3 April 2020. "New Easterns Europe". Eurozine. Retrieved 3 April 2020. "New ... The magazine covers articles about the news and affairs related to central and eastern Europe. New Eastern Europe, ... "New Eastern Europe 3-4/2019 / Issue 3-4/2019: Eastern Partnership turns 10". Kolegium Europy Wschodniej. Retrieved 3 April 2020 ... The publishers are The Jan Nowak-Jezioranski College of Eastern Europe and the European Solidarity Centre. The magazine is ...
Colonel (Eastern Europe)
Eastern Europe) Lieutenant colonel (Eastern Europe) Lieutenant colonel general Comparative army officer ranks of Europe ...
C8 (Eastern Europe)
C8 was a general entertainment TV channel broadcasting to people in Hungary. The channel launched on 1 April 2014 in Hungary and 5 May 2014 in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Serbia and Romania, replacing Animax. The channel ceased on 30 December 2015 in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Serbia and Romania. On January 1, 2018, C8 was shut down completely and Minimax fled up the overnight spot making Minimax to run 24 hours for the first time. AMC Networks International Minimax Animax (Articles with short description, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles using infobox television channel, AMC Networks International, Television networks in Hungary, Television channels and stations established in 2014, 2014 establishments in Hungary, Mass media in Budapest ...
Central and Eastern Europe
Baltic states Central and Eastern European Online Library Central Europe East-Central Europe Eastern Europe Eastern European ... Central and Eastern Europe is a term encompassing the countries in the Baltics, Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Southeast ... Regions of Europe, Geographical neologisms, Central Europe, Southeastern Europe, Eastern Europe). ... The term Central and Eastern Europe (abbreviated CEE) has displaced the alternative term East-Central Europe in the context of ...
Lieutenant colonel (Eastern Europe)
Eastern Europe) Colonel (Eastern Europe) Lieutenant colonel general Comparative army officer ranks of Europe Sławomir Kułacz, ...
Standard-bearer (Eastern Europe)
Standard-bearer (Polish: Chorąży [xɔˈrɔ̃ʐɨ]; Russian and Ukrainian: хорунжий, khorunzhiy; Lithuanian: chorunžis; Belarusian: харунжы, romanized: kharunzhy) is a military rank in Poland, Ukraine and some neighboring countries. A chorąży was once a knight who bore an ensign, the emblem of an armed troops, a voivodship, a land, a duchy, or a kingdom. This function later evolved into a non-hereditary noble title. From the end of the 14th century in the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and later in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, there were four "central" chorąży positions: Grand Standard-Bearer of the Crown; Grand Standard-Bearer of Lithuania; Court Standard-Bearer of the Crown; Court Standard-Bearer of Lithuania. At the same time, chorąży was also an honorary office in a land. From the 16th century, Chorąży was the title of the military leader of a Cossack community, and later a rank in the Cossack Hosts. The rank, written "хорунжий" ...
Eastern Orthodoxy in Europe
The term Eastern Orthodox Europe is informally used to describe the predominantly Eastern Orthodox countries of Eastern Europe ... European Eastern Orthodox Christians are predominantly present in Eastern and Southeastern Europe, and they are also ... Almost all of Eastern Orthodox Europe became part of communist states after World War II. Eastern Orthodoxy in Moldova, 97.0% ( ... Eastern Orthodoxy in Italy, 3.5% Eastern Orthodoxy in Germany, 2.4% Eastern Orthodoxy in Slovenia, 2.3% (2002 ...
South-Eastern Europe Brigade
"South-Eastern Europe Brigade 'SEEBRIG'". South-Eastern Europe Brigade. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2018. "SEEBRIG's ... South-Eastern Europe Brigade. 7 January 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2018. "FAQ". South-Eastern Europe Brigade. Retrieved 20 ... The South-Eastern Europe Brigade or SEEBRIG is a multinational brigade with forces from Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, North ... It was established in August 1999, based on the Multinational Peace Force South-Eastern Europe (MPFSEE) agreement concluded ...
Border states (Eastern Europe)
"Both countries regarded eastern Europe as a potential future troublespot due to the numerous conflicting interests.... The ... Border states, or European buffer states, were the European nations that won their independence from the Russian Empire after ... The policy tended to see the border states as a cordon sanitaire, or buffer states, separating Western Europe from the newly ... beginning World War II in Europe. After the end of the war, all border states except for Finland were transferred to Soviet ...
TCR Eastern Europe Trophy
The TCR Eastern Europe Trophy (also called the TCR Eastern Europe Trophy powered by ESET for sponsorship reasons) is an annual ... to create the TCR Eastern Europe Trophy. The trophy is only eligible for teams and drivers from Eastern Europe. For 2019, they ... "A TCR Eastern Europe Trophy to kick off in 2019". tcr-series.com. 22 August 2018. Retrieved 4 January 2019. "TCR World and life ... TCR Eastern Europe Trophy Official Website (Articles with short description, Short description is different from Wikidata, ...
History of Galicia (Eastern Europe)
The Eastern Rite "Uniate" Church, which primarily served the Ruthenians, was renamed the Greek Catholic Church to bring it onto ... Together with the eastern Galician conservative Polish landowners and aristocracy called the "Podolians", they gained a ... Poland's annexation of Eastern Galicia, never accepted as legitimate by most Ukrainians, was internationally recognized in 1923 ... With the arrival of the Hungarians into the heart of the Central European Plain around 899, Slavic tribes of Vistulans, White ...
The War in Eastern Europe
... War on all fronts. Vol. 5. C. Scribner's Sons - via Google Books. "The War in Eastern Europe by John ... The War in Eastern Europe is a book that describes John Reed's second trip after the first World War broke out. Reed, John; ... Robinson, Boardman (1916). The war in eastern Europe. New York: Scribner - via Internet Archive. John Reed (1916). ... v t e v t e (Books with missing cover, 1916 non-fiction books, All stub articles, European history book stubs, World War I ...
Eastern grey squirrels in Europe
The eastern grey squirrel was introduced to Continental Europe in 1948 and has quickly taken advantage of Europe's food sources ... The European pine marten is a natural predator of squirrels, including the eastern grey squirrel, but has been eradicated from ... Europe's grey squirrels (Sciurus carolinensis) originated in North America, where they are known as eastern gray squirrels (to ... These eastern grey squirrels are considered an invasive species in Europe because of their presence contributing to the ...
2022 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy
... is the fourth season of the TCR Eastern Europe Trophy. The TCR Eastern Europe calendar was launched on November 26, 2021 and ... ACCR Formula 4 Championship ESET V4 Cup The 2022 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy (also called 2022 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy powered ... "TCR Eastern Europe announces Kumho as new tyre supplier". asterneurope.tcr-series.com. 30 December 2021. Retrieved 4 June 2022 ... "TCR Eastern Europe announces six race calendar for 2022". asterneurope.tcr-series.com. 26 November 2021. Retrieved 4 June 2022 ...
2019 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy
2019 TCR Europe Touring Car Series ESET V4 Cup The 2019 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy (also called 2019 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy ... "TCR Eastern Europe and ESET V4 Cup merge". tcr-series.com. 19 March 2019. Retrieved 12 April 2019. TCR Eastern Europe Trophy ... 2019 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy Previous none Next 2020 Related Series: ... was the first season of the TCR Eastern Europe Trophy. The season began on 27 April at the Hungaroring and ended on 13 October ...
2021 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy
TCR Europe Touring Car Series ESET V4 Cup The 2021 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy (also called 2021 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy ... TCR Eastern Europe. 14 April 2021. Retrieved 17 April 2021. "Cehic will make his debut in TCR Eastern Europe". TCR Eastern ... "Tomasz Rzepecki will make his debut in TCR Eastern Europe this season". TCR Eastern Europe. 11 March 2021. Retrieved 17 April ... "Jablonski will maybe return this season". TCR Eastern Europe. 8 April 2021. Retrieved 17 April 2021. TCR Eastern Europe Trophy ...
Street children in Eastern Europe
However, as many of the Eastern European countries joined the European Union, they were required to deal with the situation of ... "Eastern European street kids facing 'HIV epidemic'". CNN. Retrieved 1 July 2018. Polak, Hanna. "Life on the streets: millions ... Street children or orphans in some Eastern European countries face problems such as malnutrition, HIV, lack of resources, ... especially as it prepared itself to become a member of the European Union. As such, the number of street children declined ...
2020 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy
2020 TCR Europe Touring Car Series ESET V4 Cup The 2020 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy (also called 2020 TCR Eastern Europe Trophy ... "Žarko Knego returns to the TCR Eastern Europe". www.tcr-series.com. 22 March 2020. Retrieved 17 May 2020. TCR Eastern Europe ... Čížek in TCR Eastern Europe". www.tcr-series.com/. 21 July 2020. Retrieved 22 July 2020. "Sandro Soubek to race in TCR Eastern ... "Borković in TCR Eastern Europe with M1RA Racing". www.tcr-series.com. 7 July 2020. Retrieved 7 July 2020. " ...
List of Galician (Eastern Europe) Jews
List of Galicia (Eastern Europe) Jews - Jews born in Galicia (Eastern Europe) or identifying themselves as Galitzianer. Those ... Eastern Europe) Hasidic Judaism History of the Jews in Poland History of the Jews in Ukraine Lists of Jews List of Poles List ... Eastern Europe), Lists of Jews, Lists of people by ethnicity). ...
Socialist Union of Central-Eastern Europe
The Socialist Union of Central-Eastern Europe (abbreviated 'S.U.C.E.E') was a coalition of émigré social democratic parties ... any appreciation of peaceful co-existence indicate an acceptance of the division of Europe on behalf of the Eastern European ... from Eastern Europe during the Cold War years. SUCEE had its headquarters in London. The 1959 Hamburg conference of SUCEE ... Biographical Dictionary of European Labor Leaders 1. A - L. Westport, Conn. [u.a.]: Greenwood Press, 1995. p. 477 (Articles ...
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe
Eastern and South Eastern Europe. CDN's political focus is on Eastern Europe where the organisation works with local partners. ... CDN also collaborates with organisations and activists from the rest of Europe who want to support a Green Eastern Europe. CDN ... Homepage Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe Homepage Federation of Young European Greens (Articles lacking ... Green European Foundation, European Youth Foundation, Council of Europe and Bureau de Helling. The main instrument of the ...
Vatican and Eastern Europe (1846-1958)
The Vatican and Eastern Europe (1846-1958) describes the relations from the pontificate of Pope Pius IX (1846-1878) through the ... Catholic Church in Europe, Second Polish Republic, History of the papacy). ...
Central and Eastern Europe Development Institute
... (CEED) is an institute created to demonstrate and underline the investment and ... The Institute is also supported by the key entrepreneurs from Central and Eastern Europe, the CEED Institute Programme Board, ... development potential of Central and Eastern European countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, ...
FIS Cross-Country Eastern Europe Cup
"Eastern Europe Cup Overall 2018-19 Men". fis-ski.com. International Ski Federation. Retrieved 6 March 2020. "Eastern Europe Cup ... The Eastern Europe Cup has been held since the 2007-08 season, and has been a part of the Cross-Country Continental Cup since ... The Eastern Europe Cup is open for competitors from all nations, but are mainly a competition for skiers from four nations in ... The FIS Cross-Country Eastern Europe Cup (EEC) is a series of cross-country skiing events arranged by the International Ski ...
Cartoon Network (Central and Eastern Europe)
Cartoon Network is a European pay television channel broadcast in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria and ... Afternoon Fun on Cartoon Network Toony Tube Fun With HITLO Turner Broadcasting System Europe Boomerang (CEE) "Turner ...
Chen produced a huge amount of artworks in the Europe travelling. After that, he held the "Tour in Europe Exhibitions" and ... Also, his Eastern Gouache work "Aboriginals in Taiwan" won the Chairman Award in the second year of the Provincial Art ... These exhibitions are the result of his studying in Eastern and Western art. For instance, in 1973 in France, he put oil paint ... Some of his work are considered as a fusion of Eastern Gouache, oil paintings and ink wash painting skills. Born in Lungching ...
Agudas Chasidei Chabad
In March 1940, Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak managed to escape Europe for the United States, but was forced to leave his library behind ... The court ordered the Gabbayim to deliver possession of the premises of 770 Eastern Parkway to Agudas Chasidei Chabad. During ... deciding over an ownership dispute between the organization and the Gabbayim of the synagogue housed at 770 Eastern Parkway. ...
The Assumption (society)
Eastern, and South Eastern Europe: 19th and 20th Centuries. Central European University Press. pp. 66-67. ISBN 978-963-7326-39- ...
It is found from Europe to eastern Russia, China (Inner Mongolia), Korea and Japan. In the mountains, it occurs to elevations ... Economic damage is reported from north-western Europe, Germany, the Czech Republic and Poland. Catalogue of Eucosmini from ... Tortricidae of Europe, All stub articles, Eucosmini stubs). ...
Deaths in December 2014
Paul V. Gadola, 85, American senior judge, District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Michigan (1988-2008). Lars-Erik ... Jacques Barrot, 77, French politician, European Commissioner for Justice, Freedom and Security (2008-2010). Poppy Bermúdez, 86 ... activist and former president of Radio Free Europe, dies at 93 Kenneth Riddington: Television drama producer best known for the ...
British Rail Class 360
First Great Eastern ordered 21 four-car Class 360/1s to replace its slam-door Class 312 units. Built in Krefeld, Germany, the ... which were replaced by Class 345 units once problems with the European Train Control System in the Heathrow tunnel were ... They were primarily used on Great Eastern Main Line services from London Liverpool Street to Clacton-on-Sea, Colchester Town ... In April 2004, the Great Eastern franchise was merged into the Greater Anglia franchise that was awarded to National Express ...
... thus southern Albania in Southeast Europe reaching, west, to Italy's farthest south-eastern coasts. Jordan is climatically, and ... Eastern Mediterranean is a loose definition of the eastern approximate half, or third, of the Mediterranean Sea, often defined ... The WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean includes the Eastern Mediterranean as well as the other Muslim-majority ... North-eastern Mediterranean has been put to print as a term for the Greater Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria ...
In one deployment, structured dialogue is (according to a European Union definition) "a means of mutual communication between ... Nakamura, Hajime (1964). The Ways of Thinking of Eastern Peoples. p. 189. ISBN 978-0824800789. Jazdzewska, K. (1 June 2015). " ...
The eastern border was dug in 1895 as a new, artificially created mouth of Vistula, called Przekop Wisły. In Górki Wschodnie is ... It is the venue of the European Jamboree 2020. Beach in Sobieszewo Old fisherman's hut on Górki Wschodnie Pontoon bridge across ... "Southwick Scouts selected for European Jamboree 2020". v t e (CS1 Polish-language sources (pl), Coordinates on Wikidata, ...
Summer - Saxon Wars: King Charlemagne sends a punitive expedition (an elite force of Eastern Frankish troops) under the command ... The earliest recorded tornado in Europe struck Freising in 788. King Ælfwald I of Northumbria is murdered, probably at Chesters ... who will advance extensive claims to complete freedom for the Eastern Orthodox Church in religious matters. This ends the ...
In Eastern Africa and islands in the Indian Ocean, shark meat has been traded and has been a significant source of protein for ... Per the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), European countries are major markets for shark meat. ... Pickled dogfish is popular food in Germany, France, and other northern European countries. The meat is typically processed and ...
Hastings Prototype House
Many of the European proponents of modernism had been emigrating to the U.S. in the face of rising totalitarianism in their ... In addition to the house, on the eastern end, a garage is built into the landscape to the north. It is considered a ... The first section of one, the Saw Mill, passed through the eastern section of the village of Hastings-on-Hudson. To complement ... While European architects like Albert Frey, Richard Neutra and William Lescaze had introduced the smooth-surfaced, unornamented ...
St. James Infirmary Clinic
The European Journal of Women's Studies, 10(1), 29-50. Alexander, P. (1995). Prostitution is sex work: Occupational safety and ... James Infirmary combines best practices from Eastern and Western medical to address all the potential holistic health needs of ...
In the eastern Banat, where most Romanians lived, a more rural, pastoral economy prevailed. Heavily influenced by the ... But as was often the case when an idea, ideal, or system indigenous to Western Europe was adopted to Russian circumstances, the ... In a decade of work, the Commission introduced into Russia the essentials of a modern educational system on par with Europe.[ ... Among the great 18th century education reformers of Europe and Russia, Teodor Janković stands alone in that limelight. He ...
List of former Trump administration officials who endorsed Joe Biden
District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri (1970-1973), U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri (1960-1961 ... Director for European Affairs of the U.S. National Security Council (2018-2020) Tracey Ann Jacobson, Acting Assistant Secretary ...
After the Soviet invasion and occupation of eastern Poland, he was allowed to continue lecturing at the Technical Institute. In ... During this time he published his most important works, including a series of lectures on the perspective of European painting ...
Computer security conference
AthCon, the largest hacker conference in South Eastern Europe taking place annually in Athens, Greece. BSides, community ... Hacktivity, in Budapest, Hungary, run every September, the largest hacker conference in the Central and Eastern Europe. ... "Hacktivity The IT Security Festival in Central and Eastern Europe". Hacktivity. Retrieved 2013-04-05. "hardwear.io , Hardware ... IP EXPO Europe, held annually at London's ExCeL Centre IP EXPO Nordic, held annually at Stockholm's Waterfront Congress Centre ...
... where her family settled along with many other Jewish families after migrating from Eastern Europe by way of Germany. The main ...
Thus the Eastern Empire was finally established by the beginning of the 5th century, as it entered the Middle Ages, while the ... He then crossed into Europe in 196 BC and Greece in 192 BC but by 191 BC came up against the Roman legions at the Battle of ... His first campaign was against Colchis on the eastern shore of the Black Sea, and then extended as far north as Crimea. He next ... On the eastern front, Persia renewed hostilities in 296, inflicting losses on Galerius' forces, until Diocletian brought in new ...
List of birds of the Falkland Islands
European starling, Sturnus vulgaris (Introduced to the mainland) (V) Order: Passeriformes Family: Passeridae Sparrows are small ... Eastern kingbird, Tyrannus tyrannus (V) Vermilion flycatcher, Pyrocephalus rubinus (V) Austral negrito, Lessonia rufa (V) Dark- ... found in both the Western and Eastern Hemispheres. Flamingos filter-feed on shellfish and algae. Their oddly shaped beaks are ...
Anarchism in Israel
The anarchists in Palestine at the beginning of the century, nearly all coming from Eastern Europe, did not have connections ... carried by a big wave of emigrants from Eastern Europe (Russia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Poland). The ideas of Peter Kropotkin and ... carried by a big wave of emigrants from Eastern Europe (Russia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Poland). The ideas of Peter Kropotkin and ... Gabay, Clive (June 2020). "Exploring a European tradition of allyship with sovereign struggles against colonial violence: A ...
George's Day in Autumn
Eastern Orthodox liturgical days, Slavic holidays, Folk calendar of the East Slavs, 1497 in Europe, Saint George's Day). ...
It is one of the most densely populated municipalities in Europe. After a long period of decline, the population has increased ... Several lines (187, 188, 197, 297) use the Route nationale 20 that crosses eastern Montrouge to reach southern parts of the ... that is European Young Artists exhibition. Montrouge has seven public primary schools: Aristide Briand, Buffalo, François ...
... rubber bullets can only be used in certain eastern european countries), dog training, historical reenactment, holiday or new ... blank firing pistols sold in Europe and America for they use semi-obstructed (front firing) or fully obstructed (top-firing) ...
United Kingdom Special Forces
... the third will focus on Eastern Europe and the fourth will be deployed to the Middle East. The Royal Navy is transforming the ... The Marines will often be permanently deployed in two new Littoral Response Groups, with one in Northern Europe and the other ...
The Spanish dollar continued to dominate the Eastern trade, and the peso of eight reales continued to be minted in the New ... being an account of the gold and silver moneys and monetary standards of Europe and America, together with an examination of ... and immediately became a coin of worldwide importance in international trade between Europe, Asia and North America. Initially ...
Legal status of striptease
Eastern European strip clubs have a similar model. A "sex zone" in Tokyo, Japan which is only 0.34 square kilometers had ... No other European country has subsequently implemented a strip club ban. Strip clubs and nudity among their employees remains ... "Escort Service in Switzerland". European Sex Union. 2007-09-05. Archived from the original on March 23, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06 ... in contrast to many areas in Europe and the US which have more liberal sexual attitudes. In 2009, the United Kingdom passed the ...
Australian constitutional law
North Eastern Dairy Co Ltd v Dairy Industry Authority of NSW  HCA 45, (1975) 134CLR 559. Cole v Whitfield  HCA 18 ... Commonwealth legislation of 1998 that retroactively criminalised war crimes committed during World War II in Europe by ...
Tour de l'Ain
... , also known as the Prix de l'Amitié, is an annual professional cycling stage race held in eastern France. The ... UCI Europe Tour races). ...
Just like the first Stars on 45 album The Superstars was also issued in the Soviet Union and large parts of the Eastern Bloc by ... while it became another Top 20 hit in the Netherlands and a few other European countries it failed to chart in both the UK and ... The fourth Stars On 45 single released in both Europe and the U.S. was "Stars on Stevie", paying tribute to Stevie Wonder and ... released three albums and a series of singles between 1983 and 1987 whose commercial success was limited to continental Europe ...
Cooperation and Development Network
The Future of Eastern Europe Conference. Sticky. May 11, 2022. CDN News, General Assembly, News, Organisational Activities ... Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is announcing a call for the position of Project Assistant in its ... We are happy to officially announce the 14th General Assembly of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe, which will ... About the Event Around 30 young people from Eastern Europe (Latvia, Poland, Balkans, South Caucasus, Ukraine and Belarus) will ...
HIV diagnoses at all-time high in Eastern Europe, report says | CNN
... particularly in Eastern Europe, according to a new report. ... The HIV epidemic in Europe is still growing at an alarming rate ... "The significance in this report is that we can see a sharp difference between Eastern Europe and the European Union where the ... We do not have many of these in Eastern European countries as opposed to Western Europe," he said, adding that early testing ... The HIV epidemic in Europe is still growing at an alarming rate, particularly in Eastern Europe, according to a new report. ...
Browsing Regional Committee for Europe: 41th session by Subject "Europe, Eastern"
... 0-9. A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I. J. K. L. M. ... Regional Committee for Europe, 41st session (World Health Organization. Regional Office for Europe, 1991) ... Regional Committee for Europe, 41st session (World Health Organization. Regional Office for Europe, 1991) ... Forty-first Regional Committee for Europe: Lisbon, 10 - 14 September 1991: annual report of the Regional Director 1990 ...
Videos (Central and Eastern Europe)
Markus Pilgrim, Director of the ILO Office for Central and Eastern Europe explains the impact of the war against Ukraine on the ... Markus Pilgrim, Director of the ILO Office for Central and Eastern Europe talks about the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on labour ... Technical Officer on Strategies for Local Employment Development of the ILO Office for Central and Eastern Europe shares ... and lifelong learning opportunities for adult workers in Central and Eastern Europe. Her work includes skills needs ...
Сost of IT Outsourcing in Eastern Europe - EffectiveSoft
... we talk about the cost of outsourcing IT services in Eastern Europe and what IT services costs depend on. ... IT services in Eastern Europe. Competence costs a lot. The rates of highly qualified experts are not included in our chart. The ... IT services Costs in Eastern Europe We conduct our own research and collect information when we are turned to with the requests ... Eastern Europe today offers the most profitable partners for outsourcing IT services. A large number of qualified specialists ...
Serbia resources (Central and Eastern Europe)
ITUC Global Rights Index 2022 shows that many workers in Central and Eastern Europe have no access to rights 19 July 2022 ... This issue reports on the work of the ILO Office for Central and Eastern Europe in Ukraine disrupted by the war, introduces a ... This issue reports on ILO response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Central and Eastern European region. It introduces programme ... In this issue of short interviews with important researchers and practitioners from Central and Eastern Europe on burning ...
Eastern Europe Can Defend Itself - WSJ
Feminist Judgments in Central and Eastern Europe | UCL Faculty of Laws - UCL - University College London
5 July 2022 "Feminist judging at a time of gender equality backlash and resistance in Central and Eastern Europe" Panel 47 at ... Our focus is on Central and Eastern European countries and the specific challenges and opportunities for feminist judging in ... Hungary: Kriszta Kovacs (WZB Berlin Social Science Center and ELTE University Budapest) and Alexandra Sipos (European Institute ... Feminist Judgments in Central and Eastern Europe. Feminist Judgments in Central and Eastern Europe. ...
A back door to Eastern Europe - MarketWatch
Several Eastern European countries such as Hungary and Poland joined the European Union earlier this year, which has helped ... A back door to Eastern Europe Published: Dec. 8, 2004 at 4:12 p.m. ET By John Spence. , CBS MarketWatch.com ... With an expense ratio of 0.77 percent, the ETF is also cheap relative to Eastern European funds, which have annual expenses in ... "Austria has seen a boom in exports to Central and Eastern Europe, as well as to the U.S. and Japan." ...
Movies and Film: Eastern European Film History
... Eastern European Film History. Movies and Film. *Eastern European Film History ... Brush up on your geography and finally learn what countries are in Eastern Europe with our maps. ... It may or may not have been the Evil Empire, but the ex-Soviet Union (or Eastern bloc) has also been the origin and inspiration ... Finally, the Eastern-bloc cinema has much to offer American filmgoers for several reasons. First, because communism is the ...
Eastern Ukraine travel - Lonely Planet | Ukraine, Europe
Explore Eastern Ukraine holidays and discover the best time and places to visit. ... Eastern Ukraine. The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against all travel to Donetsk and Lugansk regions. Please check ... That said, the rest of eastern Ukraine is safe to travel in, provided that you watch the news. The area includes places that ...
Publications in Serbia - UNHCR South Eastern Europe
... other Russian ethnic groups with the AncestryDNA Eastern European Ethnicity. ... Eastern European Ethnicity. The Europe East region stretches from the Baltic Sea in the north to the borders of Greece in the ... the Mongol raids and invasions of Eastern Europe were violent and fearsome. Medieval European warfare tactics were ill-suited ... Eastern European Ethnicity. From the Black Sea to the Baltic. Discover your ethnicity: AncestryDNA compares your genetic ...
Europe: Eastern Germany's Big Brother Still Bleeds Money
... the mighty economy of western Germany remains chained to the rock of a depressed eastern Germany. Statistics tell the story: ... Central/SE Europe Bosnia Bulgaria Hungary Kosovo Moldova Montenegro North Macedonia Romania Serbia ... Wider Europe by Rikard Jozwiak China In Eurasia by Reid Standish Steve Guttermans Week In Russia The Farda Briefing ... Many eastern German jobs have come from new factories built by big companies like Siemens and Mercedes Benz. The small-to- ...
Why Populists Understand Eastern Europe Better Than Liberals
Why Populists Understand Eastern Europe. Liberals have changed the region for the better-but dont perceive its sense of loss. ... In a social sense, the world of Eastern Europe spun-repeatedly-as it strived for a better future after the fall of communism. ... In material terms, Central and Eastern Europeans are living in a better world than ever before. In the history of the region, ... In material terms, Central and Eastern Europeans are living in a better world than ever before. In the history of the region, ...
Eastern European Cinema - Senses of Cinema
Established in Melbourne (Australia) in 1999, Senses of Cinema is one of the first online film journals of its kind and has set the standard for professional, high quality film-related content on the Internet.. Senses of Cinema was founded on stolen lands. We acknowledge the sovereignty of the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin nation and support all Aboriginal people on their paths to self-determination.. © Senses of Cinema 2019 ...
Porsche Panamera - Porsche Central Eastern Europe
From September 01, 2018 the WLTP will replace the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). Due to the more realistic test conditions ... From September 01, 2018 the WLTP will replace the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). Due to the more realistic test conditions ... From September 01, 2018 the WLTP will replace the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). Due to the more realistic test conditions ... From September 01, 2018 the WLTP will replace the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). Due to the more realistic test conditions ...
Eastern European Food Gramercy | Chito Gvrito
Health and economic development in south-eastern Europe
Regional Office for Europe. (2006). Health and economic development in south-eastern Europe. Council of Europe Development ... co-organized by the Council of Europe Development Bank, the Council of Europe and the WHO Regional Office for Europe, with the ... This report examines the contribution of health to economic development in south-eastern Europe, where the dynamics of health ... The report demonstrates the economic importance of health for the countries of south-eastern Europe. Health, as an ingredient ...
Eastern European Church Records
Stake out your forebears from Albania to Zagreb with our guide to tracing Eastern European roots. ... Researching your Eastern European ancestors? Our expert shares six common obstacles for Eastern European genealogy-and how to ... How to Overcome 5 Brick Walls in Eastern European Genealogy. Belarusian Genealogy, Czech Genealogy, Hungarian Genealogy, ... Put your Eastern European ancestors on the map with this guide to Polish, Czech and Slovak geographic resources. ...
Department of Eastern Europe
We have a large area of activity: Eastern Europe also comprises East-Central and South-East Europe and, with Russia, it also ... Department of Eastern Europe. Department head: Dr. Gudrun Wirtz Phone: +49 89 28638-2992. ... The Department of Eastern Europe is the largest special department of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek. ... The relevant collections of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, i. e. literature from and about Eastern Europe, amount to ...
Strykers begin 'road march' across Eastern Europe
... across Eastern Europe as part of Operation Dragoon Ride. ... Strykers begin road march across Eastern Europe. By. Michelle ... Columns of Stryker vehicles will road march across Eastern Europe in an unprecedented exercise designed to assure Americas ... Ben Hodges, commanding general of U.S. Army Europe. "You heard our president say very clearly, we will defend our allies, ... These activities are part of the U.S. Army Europe-led Operation Atlantic Resolve land force assurance training taking place ...
Central and Eastern Europe: number of national airlines 2017 | Statista
In 2017 Ukraine had the most significant number of national airlines among the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. ... Air transport mobility index in Central and Eastern Europe 2017. *Number of airports in scheduled traffic in Central and ... In 2017 Ukraine had the most significant number of national airlines among the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. The ... September 5, 2019). Number of national airlines in Central and Eastern Europe in 2017 [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved December ...
Russian and Eastern European Initiative - University of Houston
The Russian and Eastern European Initiative at the University of Houston seeks to consolidate the strengths and expertise of ... The Russian and Eastern European Initiative at the University of Houston condemns Russias unprovoked military invasion of ... for UH students and to reach out to the communities in the Greater Houston area that have connections to Eastern Europe, Russia ...
Eastern Europe Archives - Page 4 of 12 - 350
Eastern European Studies - The University of Michigan Press
Subjects , European Studies , Eastern European Studies Eastern European Studies. Currently limited to: format all_ebooks Ebook ... Tax Politics in Eastern Europe to Cart. Ebook. 2011. Available. View Purchasing Options for Ebook, Tax Politics in Eastern ... Tax Politics in Eastern Europe to Cart. Ebook. 2011. Available. View Purchasing Options for Ebook, Tax Politics in Eastern ... 20 of 55 titles in Eastern European Studies Note: selecting an item from the following dropdown will result in the page ...
Eastern and South‐Eastern Europe Competition Update: OECD/Hungary Centre Newsletter - OECD
It provides information about recent cases and developments in the participating economies in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe ... Eastern and South‐Eastern Europe Competition Update: OECD/Hungary Centre Newsletter Published regularly, this newsletter ... OECD Home MontenegroEastern and South‐Eastern Europe Competition Update: OECD/Hungary Centre Newsletter Montenegro. ... It provides information about recent cases and developments in the participating economies in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe ...
Central and Eastern European Hardcopy Peripherals
IDCs Central and Eastern European Hardcopy Peripherals service provides in-depth information and insight into the performances ... Covering four countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the service provides actual data in units shipped, shipment values, and ... Senior Research Director, Imaging, Printing, and Document Solutions Group (IPDS), IDC Europe ...
Law in Eastern Europe
... published on 01 Dec 1970 by Brill , Nijhoff. ... Human Rights in Russia and Eastern Europe Essays in Honor of Ger P. van den Berg ... International and National Law in Russia and Eastern Europe Essays in honor of George Ginsburgs ... The Revival of Private Law in Central and Eastern Europe Essays in Honour of Ferdinand J.M. Feldbrugge ...
Transmissions: Art in Eastern Europe and Latin America, 1960-1980 | MoMA
Transmissions: Art in Eastern Europe and Latin America, 1960-1980 focuses on parallels and connections among artists active in ... Drawn from The Museum of Modern Arts collection, Transmissions brings together landmark works by Eastern European artists ... Latin America and Eastern Europe in the 1960s and 1970s. During these decades, which flanked the widespread student protests of ... Download Species of Spaces in Eastern European and Latin American Experimental Art by Klara Kemp-Welch. ...
2022AfricaRussiaPolandCountriesUkraine2018Pandemic20202016NATOBulgariaCentrePopulationsHungaryRegion2017Fall of Communist regimesSoviet UnionAlliesLabourCommunistRussia'sVastEurope'sWesternersEconomiesMindsEthnicityMediterraneanUnionMain1989BroaderCooperationBlocArmy EuropeOutsourcingRegionsWestern EuropeanCouncilWorkCentral AsiaSouth-East EuropePolishContinentLisbonPageRepresentativesCountryMoldovaEconomic
- The event will take place from 7th to 12th of November 2022 in the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary. (cdnee.org)
- Approximately 10% of persons aged 15--49 years are infected in 16 countries, including seven in southern and eastern Africa, where approximately 20% are infected. (cdc.gov)
- Migrants from East Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa were at highest risk and migrants from Eastern Europe were at an intermediate risk of infection. (cdc.gov)
- The seroprevalence of chronic HBV infection is high in migrants from most world regions, particularly among those from East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and Eastern Europe, and more than 50% were found to be susceptible to HBV. (cdc.gov)
- Spikes in cases are being seen in Eastern Europe Asia Africa and in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- We have a large area of activity: Eastern Europe also comprises East-Central and South-East Europe and, with Russia, it also extends far into Asia. (bsb-muenchen.de)
- The Russian and Eastern European Initiative at the University of Houston seeks to consolidate the strengths and expertise of the UH faculty in the region, to provide new learning opportunities for UH students and to reach out to the communities in the Greater Houston area that have connections to Eastern Europe, Russia and former Soviet republics. (uh.edu)
- Separately, the U.S. and the European Union are zeroing in on a package of sanctions against Russia should President Vladimir Putin decide to invade Ukraine, according to people familiar with the matter and documents seen by Bloomberg. (bangordailynews.com)
- The U.S. has beefed up its presence in Eastern Europe since Russia annexed Ukraine's Crimea Peninsula to reassure NATO's East European members, which were formerly in Moscow's sphere of influence. (militarytimes.com)
- Several NATO members such as Britain, Spain, Denmark, and the Netherlands have already sent consignments of weapons and warships to the region, and the US and the European Union (EU) have threatened tough economic sanctions against Russia in case of an attack on Ukraine. (globalsecurity.org)
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday also told legislators that, "If Russia invades Ukraine, we would look to contribute to any new NATO deployments to protect our allies in Europe. (globalsecurity.org)
- Earlier this week, the US placed 8,500 troops on heightened alert for deployment to Eastern Europe in case of an invasion on Ukraine by Russia. (globalsecurity.org)
- The region of Europe generally from the area of the Baltic Sea to the Ural Mountains of Russia. (bvsalud.org)
- We are happy to officially announce the 14th General Assembly of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe, which will take place between 9-12 March in Warsaw, Poland, hosted by Ostra Zieleń (Polish Young Greens). (cdnee.org)
- About the Event Around 30 young people from Eastern Europe (Latvia, Poland, Balkans, South Caucasus, Ukraine and Belarus) will meet up to discuss the actions that can be taken in the ever-shrinking space for civil society in the Eastern part of our continent. (cdnee.org)
- Several Eastern European countries such as Hungary and Poland joined the European Union earlier this year, which has helped push these economies on the road from emerging to developed markets. (marketwatch.com)
- He says that therefore, eastern Germany has in some ways had a harder time than say Poland or the Czech Republic, which have not had a big brother showering untold wealth upon them. (rferl.org)
- These activities are part of the U.S. Army Europe-led Operation Atlantic Resolve land force assurance training taking place across Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland to enhance multinational interoperability, strengthen relationships among allied militaries, contribute to regional stability and demonstrate US commitment to NATO. (armytimes.com)
- The members of the association are the leading national IT and Outsourcing associations from the Central and Eastern Europe, among them Baltic Outsourcing Association (BOA), Ukrainian HI-TECH Initiative, Hungarian Service Industry and Outsourcing Association (HOA), Employers' Association of the Software and Services Industry (ANIS) from Romania, Bulgarian Web Association (BWA) and ASPIRE - Association of IT & Business Process Services Companies (Poland). (openpr.com)
- The study, conducted by researchers from the Eastern Europe Studies Centre (Lithuania), Foreign Policy Council "Ukrainian Prism" (Ukraine), Rondeli Foundation (Georgia) and Warsaw Institute (Poland), will help raise awareness about the Russian military, covert/subversive, diplomatic, economic and informational activities in Eastern Europe and help all interested stakeholders in developing a holistic understanding of these activities' content and purposes. (gfsis.org.ge)
- Japan's Asahi Group Holdings is set to bid $4.87bn for SABMiller's Eastern European beer operations in the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Romania, according to reports. (foodnavigator-asia.com)
- Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n of Poland gave a long speech targeting refugee populations, saying that the "citizens of Europe did not want hundreds of thousands of outsiders invading their countries by crossing their borders illegally, in an uncontrolled manner. (alternet.org)
- Centre for Europe of University of Warsaw, Centre for International Relations and Warsaw School of Economics invite you to a webinar "Poland as a leader in supporting start-ups among the countries of Central and Eastern Europe" . (csm.org.pl)
- Local Reporters in 7 countries of Central and Eastern Europe have visited the areas harmed by climate change and harsh industries, and listened to the inspiring stories of young women living in rural areas. (cdnee.org)
- We do not have many of these in Eastern European countries as opposed to Western Europe," he said, adding that early testing for HIV needs to be in place, as well as treatment. (cnn.com)
- Our focus is on Central and Eastern European countries and the specific challenges and opportunities for feminist judging in the region. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Austrian banks have benefited from their widespread networks in Central and Eastern European countries, and from the emergence of Vienna on the international finance scene. (marketwatch.com)
- Although Lipper's Porter said investors shouldn't expect the ETF's huge returns to continue forever, the valuations of Eastern European countries like Austria are still attractive relative to the U.S. stock market. (marketwatch.com)
- Brush up on your geography and finally learn what countries are in Eastern Europe with our maps. (infoplease.com)
- The report demonstrates the economic importance of health for the countries of south-eastern Europe. (who.int)
- Leibfritz says eastern Germany provides another valuable lesson for the other transition countries, namely the need for balanced and diverse progress across all economic sectors. (rferl.org)
- Similar rhetoric brought a string of victories to populists in other Central and Eastern European countries. (foreignpolicy.com)
- In 2017 Ukraine had the most significant number of national airlines among the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. (statista.com)
- Covering four countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the service provides actual data in units shipped, shipment values, and average sales values of hardcopy devices, assesses the strengths and weaknesses of the top five vendors in each market, and presents vendor rankings by technology and device type. (idc.com)
- In the past 30 years, war in the Balkans, the fall of Communist regimes, and economic recession in Europe have undermined the economic stability of countries in eastern Europe and eventually favored occurrence of so-called neglected infections of poverty ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- A good example is Thelazia callipaeda (Spirurida, Thelaziidae) nematode infections in children and elderly persons living in rural and poor communities in countries in Europe and Asia ( 2 ). (cdc.gov)
- T. callipaeda was previously known as the oriental eyeworm because of its original description in countries in eastern Asia (e.g. (cdc.gov)
- However, data on the occurrence of this parasite in countries in eastern Europe were not available until 2014. (cdc.gov)
- Although no large-scale prevalence study has been conducted in countries in eastern Europe, 51 (27.7%) of 184 foxes in Bosnia and Herzegovina were infected with T. callipaeda nematodes ( 5 ). (cdc.gov)
- Isolation of T. callipaeda eyeworms from dogs in Bulgaria and Hungary should increases awareness of medical and veterinary communities in countries in eastern Europe for this zoonotic parasitosis. (cdc.gov)
- Last week, the U.S. began shipping ammunition and other military supplies to Ukraine and has put 8,500 troops in the U.S. on heightened alert for possible dispatch to NATO countries in Eastern Europe. (bangordailynews.com)
- Civil society organisations in many countries of Eastern and Central Europe are facing challenges to their sustainability and legitimacy as they continue to give voice to marginalised groups and to tackle conflict and persistent poverty. (intrac.org)
- We would probably be required to reinforce our presence in NATO countries to reassure particularly those in the eastern front. (baltictimes.com)
- The advantages of the CEE countries such as cultural compatibility with Europe and North America, technical and business experience are of great value for the clients. (openpr.com)
- One of the main objectives of the research conducted by the Central and Eastern European Outsourcing Association (CEEOA) with the support of Council of European Professional Informatics Societies (CEPIS) is to provide the holistic view on the potential of the CEE region as a global cluster for provision of nearshore IT outsourcing for the Western European countries and for offshore IT outsourcing for the North American market. (openpr.com)
- The research examines key development indicators of the IT outsourcing market in the 16 countries of the Central and Eastern Europe region including market value, number of professionals, number of IT companies providing outsourcing services and market rates. (openpr.com)
- Without downplaying the region's specificities, the series aims at bringing the history of the formerly socialist countries into the broader framework of European and global history. (eui.eu)
- BUCHAREST, Romania - Major NATO exercises in Eastern Europe have begun in Bulgaria on Tuesday involving 25,000 military personnel from more than 20 allied and partner countries as the U.S. seeks to reassure NATO's European allies. (militarytimes.com)
- The current stage of the different countries of South East Europe when it comes to the integration process into the EU. (europeanforum.net)
- The EU is ready to welcome the countries of South East Europe as 'members of the club' and sends a strong message of support to these countries. (europeanforum.net)
- This study aims to investigate the gender aspect of young people's attitude (students who just started their university education) from Eastern and Central European countries to entrepreneurship. (businessperspectives.org)
- Youth and Entrepreneurial Intentions in Four South-East European Countries. (businessperspectives.org)
- 1 This report is extracted from the Summary report on the Interregional meeting on leishmaniasis among neighbouring endemic countries in the Eastern Mediterranean, African and European regions, Amman, Jordan, 23-25 September 2018 (http://applications.emro.who.int/docs/IC_Meet_Rep_2019_EN_22325.pdf?ua=1). (who.int)
- Given this background, WHO held an interregional meeting on leishmaniasis among neighbouring endemic countries in the WHO Eastern Mediterranean, African and European regions, in Amman, Jordan, from 23 to 25 September 2018. (who.int)
- The gospel was allowed to have "free course" in the former Eastern Bloc countries of Central and Eastern Europe. (easterneuropework.com)
- In the eastern corner of the European Union, two countries are desperately trying to avoid wasting a precious commodity: Covid-19 vaccines. (luxtimes.lu)
- Following the attacks in Paris, Eastern European countries are expanding their blanket surveillance, curtails of civil liberties and hateful rhetoric in the public square. (alternet.org)
- The booming wave of IT outsourcing to the countries of Eastern Europe is not a secret. (codeinspiration.pro)
- If in US there is a common practice to say 3 positive in order to tell one negative point, in Nordic countries most of the phrases with a negative perspective will start with "It is not your fault" or "I might be mistaken, but" in Eastern Europe a completely another approach is used. (codeinspiration.pro)
- In Western Europe countries, for example, people pay more attention to "how the research was made", and only having this understanding of how did you come to those conclusions they will be ready to listen to results and perspectives. (codeinspiration.pro)
- Markus Pilgrim, Director of the ILO Office for Central and Eastern Europe explains the impact of the war against Ukraine on the country's labour market, how the ILO has supported the country, and talks about the support needed in the forthcoming months. (ilo.org)
- This issue reports on the work of the ILO Office for Central and Eastern Europe in Ukraine disrupted by the war, introduces a new project, programme results, several beneficiary stories, features fresh publications and new staff. (ilo.org)
- That said, the rest of eastern Ukraine is safe to travel in, provided that you watch the news. (lonelyplanet.com)
- The Russian and Eastern European Initiative at the University of Houston condemns Russia's unprovoked military invasion of Ukraine. (uh.edu)
- 1. There's one characteristic that all Eastern Europeans share, from Finland to Macedonia, from Slovenia to Ukraine-it's toughness . (bigthink.com)
- WASHINGTON - US President Joe Biden will call NATO's Eastern European members on Thursday to discuss his video summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin and fears of war in Ukraine, the White House said. (baltictimes.com)
- Biden said that in addition to economic measures, a new Russian attack on Ukraine would trigger a bolstered US military presence on the territory of existing NATO allies in eastern Europe. (baltictimes.com)
- The United Kingdom and other member states of NATO are considering a request from the United States to send hundreds of more troops to Eastern Europe before what they call a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine. (globalsecurity.org)
- Ukraine was the country most affected in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, where newly reported infections increased from 47 cases per year during 1992--1994 to approximately 15,000 cases in 1997. (cdc.gov)
- From September 01, 2018 the WLTP will replace the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). (porsche.com)
- The Organization has strengthened its efforts in leishmaniasis prevention and control in the Region in recent years, producing a framework for action on cutaneous leishmaniasis in the Eastern Mediterranean Region 2014-2018, and a regional manual for case management of cutaneous leishmaniasis (2). (who.int)
- The Summer 2018 issue of New Eastern Europe tackles the complexity of para-states in the post-Soviet space. (neweasterneurope.eu)
- Nina Krgovic shares details of her work modernizing the National Employment Agency of Montenegro - a country hit harder by the economic fallout of the pandemic than any other European nation. (ilo.org)
- This issue reports on ILO response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Central and Eastern European region. (ilo.org)
- Amid the turmoil and fear caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Central and Eastern European populists are wasting no time sowing division and attempting to cement their positions. (foreignpolicy.com)
- The International Chocolate Awards is pleased to announce the Grand Jury Finalists of the Eastern European competition which was held during spring 2020. (internationalchocolateawards.com)
- Established in 2016, this lecture and workshop series is a venue to explore the key issues in current debates on the history of central and eastern Europe. (eui.eu)
- The World Health Organization (WHO) Eastern Mediterranean Region reported 69.6% of the total number of cutaneous leishmaniasis cases detected worldwide in 2016 (1). (who.int)
- Among others, I co-convene the Gender Equality Policy in Practice group on Equal Pay Policy in Action, I am a member of the Policy Advisory Group of the Women's Budget Group, I have served as an editorial board member of Work, Employment, and Society (2012-2016), and I have been an expert in the European Commission's Network of Experts on Gender Equality (2005-2014). (lse.ac.uk)
- Biden 'will convene a call with the leaders of the Bucharest Nine group of our eastern flank NATO Allies to brief them on his call with President Putin, hear their perspectives on the current security situation, and underscore the United States' commitment to transatlantic security,' a statement said Wednesday. (baltictimes.com)
- During a time span of four days we met with representatives of the European Commission (Reinhard Priebe), NATO (Zsolt Rabai), the Council of the European Union (Thorbjörn Sohlström), the European Parliament (Armin Machmer), the European Court for Human Rights, International Institute for Democracy/Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Enie Wesseldijk), Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (Günther Esters and Stefanie Ricken) and others. (europeanforum.net)
- They expanded into Eastern Europe, eventually conquering Bulgaria and the Serbian Empire of the south Balkans. (ancestry.com)
- It is located at the heart of Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, a nation that has one of the quickest-growing IT labor markets in Europe. (duoservers.us)
- The Collection for the Church in Central and Eastern Europe funded a repair of the New Home Centre, as well as an expansion to provide living quarters for children and a separate kindergarten. (zenit.org)
- Although Eastern Europeans haven't learned how to market their declining populations as a positive attribute, they can show the world the vast benefits of everyone getting more elbowroom. (bigthink.com)
- Following the Holocaust, many Eastern European communities saw their Jewish populations continue diminish under communist rule. (jewishlouisville.org)
- Albania has one of the most homogeneous populations of entire Europe - but there doesn't seem to be a recent census. (europe-east.com)
- Eastern Europe, once under the "Iron Curtain" of the Soviet Union, is reviving its authoritarian ways to deal not only with the flow of refugees but with the Muslim populations already within its borders. (alternet.org)
- Hungary was the main target of the Mongol campaign in Eastern Europe and was poorly prepared to defend itself after centuries of relative peace. (ancestry.com)
- The number of new HIV diagnoses in the region continued to rise in 2017, but the pace of the increase is slowing, according to the report from the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control and the WHO Regional Office for Europe . (cnn.com)
- More than 130,000 of those diagnoses were in Europe's eastern region, the most ever reported there. (cnn.com)
- Intravenous drug use and heterosexual contact were the most common ways HIV was transmitted in Europe's eastern region, the report said. (cnn.com)
- The Europe East region stretches from the Baltic Sea in the north to the borders of Greece in the south. (ancestry.com)
- Throughout history, the region has stood at the crossroads-and often in the crosshairs-of Europe and Central Asia. (ancestry.com)
- Prior to the Roman Empire's conquests and expansion between 35 B.C. and 400 A.D., the Eastern European region was largely populated by Slavic and Baltic tribes in the north, and Celtic, Thracian and Illyrian tribes in the south. (ancestry.com)
- Roman control of the East European region was relatively weak, partly because the population was largely rural. (ancestry.com)
- 6. Eastern Europe is depopulating faster than any other region. (bigthink.com)
- The region has also built a highly competitive outsourcing and offshoring capability and is now in a position to move into more high-value-added activities, becoming regional hubs serving all of Europe and beyond. (mckinsey.com)
- The statement said that smaller U.S. and European-national exercises will be held in the Black Sea region this summer to support Saber Guardian's objectives of "supporting security and stability in the Black Sea region. (militarytimes.com)
- According to the Eastern District of New York, from around 2011 to May 2017, members of Thieves had operated illegal gambling establishments, trafficked narcotics and committed various acts such as wire fraud, loansharking, extortion and arson as well as assault. (brooklyneagle.com)
Fall of Communist regimes1
- The borders of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) today are the result of a complex process conducted decades after the fall of communist regimes in this part of Europe. (repec.org)
- It may or may not have been the Evil Empire, but the ex-Soviet Union (or Eastern bloc) has also been the origin and inspiration for diverse kinds of filmmaking. (infoplease.com)
- Columns of Stryker vehicles will road march across Eastern Europe in an unprecedented exercise designed to assure America's allies. (armytimes.com)
- The whole purpose … is to assure those allies that live closest to the Bear that we are here," said Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges, commanding general of U.S. Army Europe. (armytimes.com)
- In this video, Amra Seleskovic, Technical Officer on Strategies for Local Employment Development of the ILO Office for Central and Eastern Europe shares details of the work she does to create new labour market opportunities in Bosnia and Herzegovina. (ilo.org)
- The project, funded by the European Union, works with a unique methodology, wherein local authorities, employers, education institutions, public employment services and NGOs work together to identify the main local labour market issues and to jointly design programmes to address these issues. (ilo.org)
- In this issue of short interviews with important researchers and practitioners from Central and Eastern Europe on burning questions concerning labour and social policies, we talked to Zuzana Zavarska, Economist at the Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies. (ilo.org)
- Labour mobility forms an integral part of the gendered political economy of contemporary uneven and combined European capitalism. (lse.ac.uk)
- Statistics tell the story: since unification in October 1990, some one trillion marks has flowed into the effort to revitalise former communist eastern Germany. (rferl.org)
- While many people in the U.S. are familiar with the challenges faced by the Church in Central and Eastern Europe, it is important to remind everyone of the harsh legacy of 50 years of communist rule" said Bishop Blase Cupich of Spokane, Washington, chairman of the Subcommittee on Aid to the Church in Central and Eastern Europe of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). (zenit.org)
- It illustrates Russia's influence and the political complexity of this frontline state in Eastern Europe. (wbur.org)
- Europeans consider vast U.S. subsidies for cars, clean energy, and semiconductors a danger to their economies. (foreignpolicy.com)
- It's a pity we don't copy Eastern Europe and seal off vast areas in our city center for walkers. (bigthink.com)
- Europe's six biggest squares are all in Eastern Europe. (bigthink.com)
- However, today, Westerners are saddled with convoluted tax codes, while Eastern Europeans are champions of flat taxes. (bigthink.com)
- Since the fall of communism, Eastern European counties have been pursuing aggressive structural reforms of their economies and are privatizing former state-owned industries," Lefkovitz said. (marketwatch.com)
- They've held their budget spending in line and made their economies more market-oriented in preparation for joining the European Union. (marketwatch.com)
- It provides information about recent cases and developments in the participating economies in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. (oecd.org)
- From the early 1990s until the onset of the global financial crisis, in 2008, the economies of Central and Eastern Europe established a record of growth and economic progress that few regions have matched. (mckinsey.com)
- Yet these economies-like the United States and Western Europe-have struggled to regain momentum since the end of the recession. (mckinsey.com)
- The global recession exposed certain weaknesses in the growth strategy that had propelled Central and Eastern European economies before the crisis. (mckinsey.com)
- The economies of Central and Eastern Europe have among the world's lowest savings rates-a problem reflected in long-standing current-account deficits. (mckinsey.com)
- But it is useful for us to see the old ideals still alive in the minds of Eastern Europeans. (bigthink.com)
- Discover your ethnicity: AncestryDNA compares your genetic signature to the DNA of people from Eastern Europe to help determine your ethnicity estimate. (ancestry.com)
- Ethnicity, Religion and Intercultural Dialogue in the European Border Space ," MPRA Paper 44087, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011. (repec.org)
- Dr Hoda Atta, Coordinator HIV, TB, Malaria and Tropical Diseases, WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean, Cairo, Egypt, inaugurated the meeting by welcoming the participants and acknowledging its importance, given the current socio-political context and related challenges for neglected tropical diseases in the three regions. (who.int)
- The significance in this report is that we can see a sharp difference between Eastern Europe and the European Union where the number of HIV infection numbers is dropping. (cnn.com)
- Sex between men was most responsible for transmission in the European Union and European Economic Area. (cnn.com)
- Diversity is the essence of humanity and a core value of the European Union. (eib.org)
- Europa: frontiere culturale interne sau areal cultural unitar [Europe: Internal Cultural Frontiers or Union Cultural Area] ," MPRA Paper 44188, University Library of Munich, Germany. (repec.org)
- The european union external border. (repec.org)
- European union. (repec.org)
- The European Commission supports the EUI through the European Union budget. (eui.eu)
- The waffles, pancakes, and sweet rolls so common for breakfast in the West are usually reserved for the main course or dessert in Eastern Europe. (thespruceeats.com)
- There are several pros for the IT outsourcing to Eastern Europe, but in two words, the main reason is the combination of high quality and adequate pricing for the development services. (codeinspiration.pro)
- The main tip designed for dating an eastern european woman can be actually and in advance with yourself. (cmah.pt)
- This issue is dedicated to the 10 year anniversary of the European Union's Eastern Partnership as well as the 30 years since the 1989 revolutions in Central Europe. (neweasterneurope.eu)
- It can evolve, for example, from being the source of inexpensive labor for Western European carmakers to providing broader, higher-value functions. (mckinsey.com)
- Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is opening a call for a Project Coordinator position. (cdnee.org)
- Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is announcing a call for the position of Project Assistant in its office in Belgrade, Serbia. (cdnee.org)
- This report examines the contribution of health to economic development in south-eastern Europe, where the dynamics of health cooperation gained momentum following the Second Ministerial Health Forum, co-organized by the Council of Europe Development Bank, the Council of Europe and the WHO Regional Office for Europe, with the special participation of ministers of finance. (who.int)
- Cooperarea inter-universitară la frontierele externe ale Uniunii Europene şi contribuţia la politica europeană de vecinătate [Cross-border Cooperation between Universities at External European Unio ," MPRA Paper 44070, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008. (repec.org)
- European Instruments of Cross-border cooperation. (repec.org)
- The European Neighborhood Policy, Mass-media and Cross-border Cooperation ," MPRA Paper 44075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009. (repec.org)
- Eastern-bloc cinema is also-and perhaps most importantly-incredibly diverse because we are talking about several national cinemas: Russian, Polish, Czech, and so on, each with a different history and, consequently, aesthetic. (infoplease.com)
- Finally, the Eastern-bloc cinema has much to offer American filmgoers for several reasons. (infoplease.com)
- The Saber Guardian 17 exercises are being led by U.S. Army Europe and run until July 20. (militarytimes.com)
- Eastern Europe today offers the most profitable partners for outsourcing IT services. (effectivesoft.com)
- 23 July, 2009 - Kiev - The research "Central and Eastern Europe IT Outsourcing Review 2008" provides an evidence of the rapid development of IT outsourcing services market in the Central and Eastern Europe. (openpr.com)
- The 2007 research report "Central and Eastern Europe IT Outsourcing Review 2007" indicated that there was a great interest from the clients consuming outsourcing services and research companies. (openpr.com)
- Victor Maznyuk, President of Ukrainian Hi-Tech Initiative, one of the CEEOA founders, noted, "Outsourcing industry in the Central and Eastern Europe does not suffer significantly during the financial crisis. (openpr.com)
- Having a great experience of the development on the competitive market of outsourcing services provision, the Eastern European companies learned how to work successfully during the recession period without taking drastic measures and significant business changes. (openpr.com)
- The official version of the research "Central and Eastern Europe IT Outsourcing Review 2008" is available at the information portal ITONews.eu (http://www.itonews.eu) and at the CEEOA website. (openpr.com)
- Central and Eastern European Outsourcing Association (CEEOA) (www.ceeoa.org) was founded in 2008. (openpr.com)
- However, it is a well-known fact that the experience of outsourcing to Eastern Europe is not always as positive as it could be. (codeinspiration.pro)
- A major reason the fund has been on such a tear is that Austrian firms derive a substantial portion of their revenue from Eastern Europe, which has been one of the hottest regions over the past few years. (marketwatch.com)
- During the twentieth century, few regions on the planet suffered as much as Eastern Europeans. (bigthink.com)
- Although Western European cities have nice pedestrian zones, because Eastern Europeans don't have as many cars as Western Europeans, they're more likely to walk everywhere. (bigthink.com)
- Western European respondents reported lower salaries ($58K), nearly 7% lower than what was reported last year. (oreilly.com)
- America's best friends, the Western European nations and Japan, need Mideast oil even more than does the U.S. (cia.gov)
- Council of Europe Development Bank & World Health Organization. (who.int)
- But Bonn set to work with zest, and in seven years eastern Germany has received one of the world's most modern infrastructures: 11,000 kilometers of autobahns have been built or modernised, telecommunications have been switched to fibre optics and digitalised, five million new phones installed, railways vastly upgraded. (rferl.org)
- The first month of summer has shown clearly that entrepreneurs and tech industry players are not attracted by blue seas and white sands but prefer to work hard, bringing more and more news from Eastern Europe for this round-up. (thenextweb.com)
- 4. Eastern Europeans share a balanced work ethic. (bigthink.com)
- Even with workaholic Slovenians on one extreme and relaxed Bosnians on the other, Eastern Europeans tend to balance work and play better than Americans. (bigthink.com)
- Well known egalitarian methodology of management in business, so popular in Western Europe, won't work in Eastern Europe. (codeinspiration.pro)
- We are quite far behind achieving those targets, particularly in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," said Dr. Masoud Dara, coordinator of communicable diseases and HIV team lead at WHO Europe. (cnn.com)
- The collection supports pastoral, educational and construction projects in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia which were formerly under Soviet control. (zenit.org)
- Partners across Linklaters' global offices staff specialised desks for Turkey and other parts of Central and Eastern and South East Europe. (linklaters.com)
- While Polish pensioners must struggle, legions of eastern Germans are able to glide comfortably into retirement, or into long-term unemployment. (rferl.org)
- Put your Eastern European ancestors on the map with this guide to Polish, Czech and Slovak geographic resources. (familytreemagazine.com)
- POLIN: How to be Jewish, Polish and European? (eui.eu)
- In the eastern parts of the European continent, 1918 is remembered not only as the end of the First World War, but also saw the emergence of newly-independent states and the rise of geopolitical struggles which are felt until this day. (neweasterneurope.eu)
- These two political objectives figure prominently on the European Union's agenda and play a central role in its Lisbon agenda. (who.int)
- Page 14 Eastern Europe. (cia.gov)
- Eastern Europe representatives are somewhere in the middle of these two points. (codeinspiration.pro)
- BOSTON (CBS.MW) -- Many investors might be surprised to learn that the highest-flying exchange-traded fund in 2004 doesn't invest in energy, real estate or Latin American stocks -- but rather a tiny European country: Austria. (marketwatch.com)
- Which European country will inspire your culinary journey tonight? (thespruceeats.com)
- The Salvation Army Eastern Europe Territory MD 2008 Republica Moldova. (salvationarmyeet.org)
- Another expert, Dr. Willy Leibfritz, of the Institute for Economic Research in Munich, says the eastern economy was confronted with great initial shocks which have made recovery difficult. (rferl.org)
- The project was implemented by European Software Institute Center Eastern Europe, Laboratori i Teknologjise Informative (L.T.I.) and Bulgarian Association of Software Companies (BASSCOM) with the financial support of European Commission Liaison Office to Kosovo under EU Support for Regional Economic Development program. (esicenter.bg)