Equipment Failure Analysis
A heterogeneous condition in which the heart is unable to pump out sufficient blood to meet the metabolic need of the body. Heart failure can be caused by structural defects, functional abnormalities (VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION), or a sudden overload beyond its capacity. Chronic heart failure is more common than acute heart failure which results from sudden insult to cardiac function, such as MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION.
Equipment and Supplies
Durable Medical Equipment
Kidney Failure, Chronic
The end-stage of CHRONIC RENAL INSUFFICIENCY. It is characterized by the severe irreversible kidney damage (as measured by the level of PROTEINURIA) and the reduction in GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE to less than 15 ml per min (Kidney Foundation: Kidney Disease Outcome Quality Initiative, 2002). These patients generally require HEMODIALYSIS or KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION.
Failure to Thrive
Liver Failure, Acute
A form of rapid-onset LIVER FAILURE, also known as fulminant hepatic failure, caused by severe liver injury or massive loss of HEPATOCYTES. It is characterized by sudden development of liver dysfunction and JAUNDICE. Acute liver failure may progress to exhibit cerebral dysfunction even HEPATIC COMA depending on the etiology that includes hepatic ISCHEMIA, drug toxicity, malignant infiltration, and viral hepatitis such as post-transfusion HEPATITIS B and HEPATITIS C.
Severe inability of the LIVER to perform its normal metabolic functions, as evidenced by severe JAUNDICE and abnormal serum levels of AMMONIA; BILIRUBIN; ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE; ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE; LACTATE DEHYDROGENASES; and albumin/globulin ratio. (Blakiston's Gould Medical Dictionary, 4th ed)
Multiple Organ Failure
Play and Playthings
Respiratory Protective Devices
Cardiac Output, Low
A state of subnormal or depressed cardiac output at rest or during stress. It is a characteristic of CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, including congenital, valvular, rheumatic, hypertensive, coronary, and cardiomyopathic. The serious form of low cardiac output is characterized by marked reduction in STROKE VOLUME, and systemic vasoconstriction resulting in cold, pale, and sometimes cyanotic extremities.
Heart Failure, Systolic
Acute Kidney Injury
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Eye Protective Devices
Heart Failure, Diastolic
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Conditions in which the KIDNEYS perform below the normal level in the ability to remove wastes, concentrate URINE, and maintain ELECTROLYTE BALANCE; BLOOD PRESSURE; and CALCIUM metabolism. Renal insufficiency can be classified by the degree of kidney damage (as measured by the level of PROTEINURIA) and reduction in GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE.
Head Protective Devices
Facility Design and Construction
Architecture, exterior and interior design, and construction of facilities other than hospitals, e.g., dental schools, medical schools, ambulatory care clinics, and specified units of health care facilities. The concept also includes architecture, design, and construction of specialized contained, controlled, or closed research environments including those of space labs and stations.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Sensitivity and Specificity
Anesthesia Department, Hospital
Natriuretic Peptide, Brain
Wounds and Injuries
Containment of Biohazards
Provision of physical and biological barriers to the dissemination of potentially hazardous biologically active agents (bacteria, viruses, recombinant DNA, etc.). Physical containment involves the use of special equipment, facilities, and procedures to prevent the escape of the agent. Biological containment includes use of immune personnel and the selection of agents and hosts that will minimize the risk should the agent escape the containment facility.
Costs and Cost Analysis
Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
Cessation of ovarian function after MENARCHE but before the age of 40, without or with OVARIAN FOLLICLE depletion. It is characterized by the presence of OLIGOMENORRHEA or AMENORRHEA, elevated GONADOTROPINS, and low ESTRADIOL levels. It is a state of female HYPERGONADOTROPIC HYPOGONADISM. Etiologies include genetic defects, autoimmune processes, chemotherapy, radiation, and infections.
Ventricular Function, Left
Air Pollutants, Occupational
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
The development of systems to prevent accidents, injuries, and other adverse occurrences in an institutional setting. The concept includes prevention or reduction of adverse events or incidents involving employees, patients, or facilities. Examples include plans to reduce injuries from falls or plans for fire safety to promote a safe institutional environment.
Severity of Illness Index
Coverings for the hands, usually with separations for the fingers, made of various materials, for protection against infections, toxic substances, extremes of hot and cold, radiations, water immersion, etc. The gloves may be worn by patients, care givers, housewives, laboratory and industrial workers, police, etc.
Evaluation Studies as Topic
Disease Models, Animal
Dental Restoration Failure
The application of scientific knowledge or technology to the field of radiology. The applications center mostly around x-ray or radioisotopes for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes but the technological applications of any radiation or radiologic procedure is within the scope of radiologic technology.
Measurable and quantifiable biological parameters (e.g., specific enzyme concentration, specific hormone concentration, specific gene phenotype distribution in a population, presence of biological substances) which serve as indices for health- and physiology-related assessments, such as disease risk, psychiatric disorders, environmental exposure and its effects, disease diagnosis, metabolic processes, substance abuse, pregnancy, cell line development, epidemiologic studies, etc.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Any method of artificial breathing that employs mechanical or non-mechanical means to force the air into and out of the lungs. Artificial respiration or ventilation is used in individuals who have stopped breathing or have RESPIRATORY INSUFFICIENCY to increase their intake of oxygen (O2) and excretion of carbon dioxide (CO2).
Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
A class of drugs whose main indications are the treatment of hypertension and heart failure. They exert their hemodynamic effect mainly by inhibiting the renin-angiotensin system. They also modulate sympathetic nervous system activity and increase prostaglandin synthesis. They cause mainly vasodilation and mild natriuresis without affecting heart rate and contractility.
A class of statistical procedures for estimating the survival function (function of time, starting with a population 100% well at a given time and providing the percentage of the population still well at later times). The survival analysis is then used for making inferences about the effects of treatments, prognostic factors, exposures, and other covariates on the function.
Mass Casualty Incidents
Substances used on inanimate objects that destroy harmful microorganisms or inhibit their activity. Disinfectants are classed as complete, destroying SPORES as well as vegetative forms of microorganisms, or incomplete, destroying only vegetative forms of the organisms. They are distinguished from ANTISEPTICS, which are local anti-infective agents used on humans and other animals. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 11th ed)
Cardiac Pacing, Artificial
Analysis of Variance
Respiratory Therapy Department, Hospital
Medical Laboratory Science
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Oxygen Inhalation Therapy
Medical Waste Disposal
Management, removal, and elimination of biologic, infectious, pathologic, and dental waste. The concept includes blood, mucus, tissue removed at surgery or autopsy, soiled surgical dressings, and other materials requiring special control and handling. Disposal may take place where the waste is generated or elsewhere.
Emergency Medical Services
A group of diseases in which the dominant feature is the involvement of the CARDIAC MUSCLE itself. Cardiomyopathies are classified according to their predominant pathophysiological features (DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY; HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY; RESTRICTIVE CARDIOMYOPATHY) or their etiological/pathological factors (CARDIOMYOPATHY, ALCOHOLIC; ENDOCARDIAL FIBROELASTOSIS).
Nuclear Medicine Department, Hospital
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
The process of minimizing risk to an organization by developing systems to identify and analyze potential hazards to prevent accidents, injuries, and other adverse occurrences, and by attempting to handle events and incidents which do occur in such a manner that their effect and cost are minimized. Effective risk management has its greatest benefits in application to insurance in order to avert or minimize financial liability. (From Slee & Slee: Health care terms, 2d ed)
Enlargement of the HEART, usually indicated by a cardiothoracic ratio above 0.50. Heart enlargement may involve the right, the left, or both HEART VENTRICLES or HEART ATRIA. Cardiomegaly is a nonspecific symptom seen in patients with chronic systolic heart failure (HEART FAILURE) or several forms of CARDIOMYOPATHIES.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Infectious organisms in the BLOOD, of which the predominant medical interest is their contamination of blood-soiled linens, towels, gowns, BANDAGES, other items from individuals in risk categories, NEEDLES and other sharp objects, MEDICAL WASTE and DENTAL WASTE, all of which health workers are exposed to. This concept is differentiated from the clinical conditions of BACTEREMIA; VIREMIA; and FUNGEMIA where the organism is present in the blood of a patient as the result of a natural infectious process.
Radiation Equipment and Supplies
Laboratory Animal Science
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
Emergency Service, Hospital
How can videolaparoscopy be used in a peritoneal dialysis programme? (1/1305)BACKGROUND: Recently videolaparoscopy is considered to have a vaster use in surgery due to the undeniable benefits such as low operatory traumatism, quick recovery of canalization, a short stay in the hospital and minor scarring. METHODS: Forty patients were treated with peritoneal dialysis (PD); 15 videolaparoscopic procedures were performed on 13 patients before starting PD and two during the course of PD. The videolaparoscopy procedure was started by inducing pneumoperitoneum after initiation of general anaesthesia through endotracheal intubation. RESULTS: Peritoneal catheter placement was carried out in 11 ESRD patients showing abdominal scars due to previous laparotomies; their abdominal condition precluded safe PC placement using conventional non-laparoscopic procedures with local anaesthesia. Release of adhesions was performed only in two patients. Videolaparoscopy was also used in three patients for elective cholecystectomy; 2/3 underwent concomitant PC insertion. One patient was submitted to cholecystectomy during the course of CAPD; following the procedure we left the peritoneum dry overnight and then we started temporary IPD, using small volumes, avoiding haemodialysis (HD). Regular CAPD was resumed 6 days later. Finally, videolaparoscopy was also used for diagnostic purpose i.e. in one 59-year-old man patient who had a peritoneal catheter obstruction. Repeated rescue attempts using urokinase solution to irrigate the peritoneal catheter had been used in vain attempts prior to the procedure. CONCLUSIONS: Videolaparoscopy proves to be a useful tool in a PD programme. Firstly, it may be used as a technique for catheter implantation, not as a routine procedure but in patients with extensive abdominal scars due to previous laparotomy, i.e. at risk for accidental viscera perforation due to the possibility of adhesions between intestinal loops and parietal peritoneum. Secondly, videolaparoscopy used for abdominal surgery allows the resumption of PD immediately after surgical procedure and thus avoiding HD. Videolaparoscopy is fundamental for diagnosis and rescue of catheter dysfunction and has an integral role in the successful management of these patients in extending catheter function and permitting safe replacement of peritoneal catheter if it becomes necessary. Along with the undeniable advantages, remains the disadvantages that it must be carried out by an expert surgeon in an operating theatre while the patient is under general anaesthesia. (+info)
In vitro comparison of the retention capacity of new aesthetic brackets. (2/1305)Tensile bond strength and bond failure location were evaluated in vitro for two types of aesthetic brackets (non-silanated ceramic, polycarbonate) and one stainless steel bracket, using bovine teeth as the substrate and diacrylate resin as the adhesive. The results show that metallic bracket had the highest bond strength (13.21 N) followed by the new plastic bracket (12.01 N), which does not require the use of a primer. The non-silanated ceramic bracket produced the lowest bond strength (8.88 N). Bond failures occurred mainly between bracket and cement, although a small percentage occurred between the enamel-cement interface with the metal and plastic brackets and within the cement for the plastic bracket. With the ceramic bracket all the failures occurred at the bracket-cement interface. This suggests that the problems of enamel lesions produced by this type of bracket may have been eliminated. The results also show that the enamel/adhesive bond is stronger than the adhesive/bracket bond in this in vitro study. (+info)
Autoclaving impairs the connector-tube bond of the laryngeal mask airway but not its airtightness. (3/1305)The general-purpose laryngeal mask airway (LMA) is re-usable when undamaged, and cleaned and autoclaved correctly. We had found weakening of the silicone adhesive that bonds the connector of the LMA to the tube. We report that repeated autoclaving damaged the adhesive such that the connector could be rotated in the tube after the 12th autoclave cycle in almost all of the LMA tested. The damage to the adhesive did not affect the airtightness of the junction, which appears to be maintained by the material properties of the connector and tube and by the shape of the join. (+info)
The prediction of failure of the stem in THR by measurement of early migration using EBRA-FCA. Einzel-Bild-Roentgen-Analyse-femoral component analysis. (4/1305)We report the ten-year results for three designs of stem in 240 total hip replacements, for which subsidence had been measured on plain radiographs at regular intervals. Accurate migration patterns could be determined by the method of Einzel-Bild-Roentgen-Analyse-femoral component analysis (EBRA-FCA) for 158 hips (66%). Of these, 108 stems (68%) remained stable throughout, and five (3%) started to migrate after a median of 54 months. Initial migration of at least 1 mm was seen in 45 stems (29%) during the first two years, but these then became stable. We revised 17 stems for aseptic loosening, and 12 for other reasons. Revision for aseptic loosening could be predicted by EBRA-FCA with a sensitivity of 69%, a specificity of 80%, and an accuracy of 79% by the use of a threshold of subsidence of 1.5 mm during the first two years. Similar observations over a five-year period allowed the long-term outcome to be predicted with an accuracy of 91%. We discuss the importance of four different patterns of subsidence and confirm that the early measurement of migration by a reasonably accurate method can help to predict long-term outcome. Such methods should be used to evaluate new and modified designs of prosthesis. (+info)
Injuries caused by falling soccer goalposts in Denmark. (5/1305)OBJECTIVE: A falling soccer goalpost is associated with the potential risk of serious injury that can sometimes even be fatal. The aim of the study was to analyse the extent of the problem in Denmark and focus on the mechanism of injury and prevention. METHODS: Data were analysed for the period 1989-1997 from the European Home and Leisure Accident Surveillance System, which is an electronic register of the injuries seen in the casualty departments of the hospitals of five selected cities in Denmark representing 14% of the Danish population; in addition, fatal accidents in the whole of Denmark since 1981 were examined. Forty two injured persons were interviewed about the circumstances of the accident. Attempts were made to estimate the proportion of goalposts secured by counterweight in the five different regions, compared with the proportion secured with ground stakes and those that were unsecured, by analysing data from the largest producers of goalposts in Denmark. RESULTS: In the period 1981-1988, two fatal accidents were recorded. In the period 1989-1997, 117 people were injured by a falling goalpost; six of the injuries required hospitalisation. Some 88% of the injured were under the age of 15. In a telephone interview with 42 of the injured, 50% stated that the goalpost fell because someone was hanging on the crossbar. Comparing the five different regions with respect to the proportion of goalposts secured by counterweight and the number of accidents, the following relation was found. Areas in which a high percentage of the goalposts were secured by a counterweight correlated inversely with a high number of accidents (r = -0.9; p = 0.04). CONCLUSION: Soccer is a widely played sport and it is important to be aware that accidents caused by falling goalposts can occur and that they presumably can be prevented by proper use of goalposts, by using secure goalposts, and by securing old goalposts with a counterweight. (+info)
Inappropriate shocks delivered by implantable cardiac defibrillators during oversensing of activity of diaphagmatic muscle. (6/1305)Two cases are reported (both men, one 72 and one 54 years old) of inappropriate shocks delivered by an implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD) device, which oversensed the myopotentials induced by deep breathing and Valsalva manoeuvre. No damage to leads was associated with the oversensing of myopotentials. The mechanism of the inappropriate shocks was determined using real time electrograms. Modification of the duration of ventricular detection and decrease in sensitivity made it possible to avoid the oversensing of myopotentials and to deliver ICD treatment. (+info)
Contraceptive failure rates: new estimates from the 1995 National Survey of Family Growth. (7/1305)CONTEXT: Unintended pregnancy remains a major public health concern in the United States. Information on pregnancy rates among contraceptive users is needed to guide medical professionals' recommendations and individuals' choices of contraceptive methods. METHODS: Data were taken from the 1995 National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG) and the 1994-1995 Abortion Patient Survey (APS). Hazards models were used to estimate method-specific contraceptive failure rates during the first six months and during the first year of contraceptive use for all U.S. women. In addition, rates were corrected to take into account the underreporting of induced abortion in the NSFG. Corrected 12-month failure rates were also estimated for subgroups of women by age, union status, poverty level, race or ethnicity, and religion. RESULTS: When contraceptive methods are ranked by effectiveness over the first 12 months of use (corrected for abortion underreporting), the implant and injectables have the lowest failure rates (2-3%), followed by the pill (8%), the diaphragm and the cervical cap (12%), the male condom (14%), periodic abstinence (21%), withdrawal (24%) and spermicides (26%). In general, failure rates are highest among cohabiting and other unmarried women, among those with an annual family income below 200% of the federal poverty level, among black and Hispanic women, among adolescents and among women in their 20s. For example, adolescent women who are not married but are cohabiting experience a failure rate of about 31% in the first year of contraceptive use, while the 12-month failure rate among married women aged 30 and older is only 7%. Black women have a contraceptive failure rate of about 19%, and this rate does not vary by family income; in contrast, overall 12-month rates are lower among Hispanic women (15%) and white women (10%), but vary by income, with poorer women having substantially greater failure rates than more affluent women. CONCLUSIONS: Levels of contraceptive failure vary widely by method, as well as by personal and background characteristics. Income's strong influence on contraceptive failure suggests that access barriers and the general disadvantage associated with poverty seriously impede effective contraceptive practice in the United States. (+info)
Contraceptive failure, method-related discontinuation and resumption of use: results from the 1995 National Survey of Family Growth. (8/1305)CONTEXT: Half of all pregnancies in the United States are unintended. Of these, half occur to women who were practicing contraception in the month they conceived, and others occur when couples stop use because they find their method difficult or inconvenient to use. METHODS: Data from the 1995 National Survey of Family Growth were used to compute life-table probabilities of contraceptive failure for reversible methods of contraception, discontinuation of use for a method-related reason and resumption of contraceptive use. RESULTS: Within one year of starting to use a reversible method of contraception, 9% of women experience a contraceptive failure--7% of those using the pill, 9% of those relying on the male condom and 19% of those practicing withdrawal. During a lifetime of use of reversible methods, the typical woman will experience 1.8 contraceptive failures. Overall, 31% of women discontinue use of a reversible contraceptive for a method-related reason within six months of starting use, and 44% do so within 12 months; however, 68% resume use of a method within one month and 76% do so within three months. Multivariate analyses show that the risk of contraceptive failure is elevated among low-income women and Hispanic women. Low-income women are also less likely than other women to resume contraceptive use after discontinuation. CONCLUSIONS: The risks of pregnancy during typical use of reversible methods of contraception are considerably higher than risks of failure during clinical trials, reflecting imperfect use of these methods rather than lack of inherent efficacy. High rates of method-related discontinuation probably reflect dissatisfaction with available methods. (+info)
Multicenter Experience With Extraction of the Sprint Fidelis Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Lead | JACC: Journal of the...
On October 15, 2007, Medtronic voluntarily suspended distribution of the Sprint Fidelis lead due to growing concerns regarding an abnormally high fracture rate with 665 lead failures and 5 potential resultant deaths (12). Initial performance reports from Medtronic did not identify a statistically significant difference in lead survival compared with other lead models such as the Sprint Quattro, although the difference was projected to reach statistical significance if the failure rate remained constant. Recommendations regarding management included routine monitoring with adjustment of impedance alarm thresholds. Medtronic and its Independent Physician Quality Panel deemed the current failure rate of 2.3% at 30 months inadequate to justify prophylactic lead replacement, citing major complication rates of extraction between 1.4% and 7.3% (8,13-15).. Since this initial report, several groups have reported observations of higher failure rates (2,3,16). Krahn et al. (16) described a 3.91% failure ...
A Better Method for Preventing Adverse Clinical Events Caused by Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Lead Fractures? |...
Fracture of a transvenous high-voltage ICD lead was first observed in the original CPI Endotak model in 1988.8 Patients who had this lead suffered multiple inappropriate shocks, and it was withdrawn from clinical trial. Since then, conductor fractures and insulation disruption have challenged engineers and physicians to develop improved designs and implant techniques. Progress has been made, but not without setbacks. The Medtronic Transvene lead, a coaxial polyurethane design introduced in 1993 and implanted in ,24 000 patients, exhibited both insulation degradation and conductor fractures; these failures typically appeared ≥4 years after implant and most commonly presented as inappropriate shocks.9 A mismatch between the terminal pin of the Boston Scientific Endotak DSP and the pulse generator connector header resulted in insulation and conductor defects when the pin punctured the lead; again, inappropriate shocks were the usual consequence. Surgical methods have contributed to lead failure, ...
Duration of Discharge of Neuromuscular Incapacitating Device and Inappropriate Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator...
Neuromuscular-incapacitating devices (NID) are being used increasingly worldwide by law-enforcement authorities to restrain violent behavior.1 Electrical noise-related, inappropriate detection by implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) has been documented.2,3 Detection of NID discharge by ICD has been described,4,5 but the effects of duration of NID discharge and ICD detection and therapy have not been established. The authors hypothesized that a longer duration of NID energy might lead to shocks from the defibrillator.4. With the approval of the animal care committee of our institution, we tested this hypothesis in a pig implanted with Medtronic 7275 GEM III DR ICD. The method used for performing the experiment in a pig model has been described previously.6 In the present study, we used subcutaneous insertion of the darts. Particular attention was given to ensure that the darts were in the subcutaneous tissue and not any deeper, to avoid any possibility of direct stimulation through the ...
Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator Leads | InjuryBoard.com
Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator leads - Find trial lawyers and attorneys with experience in lawsuits involving Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator leads. Contact an attorney who can help yo
Strong prickly feeling, dull stomach pain, sex with commercial sex worker, condom failure. HIV infection? - Doctors insight on...
Question - Strong prickly feeling, dull stomach pain, sex with commercial sex worker, condom failure. HIV infection?. Ask a Doctor about diagnosis, treatment and medication for Abdominal pain, Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist
Defective Medtronic Defibrillator Lead Problems Known for Months
Reports of frequent fracturing of Sprint Fidelis leads on Medtronic implantable defibrillators had been piling up for months, but the company only chose to withdraw the defective leads earlier this week.
Influence Of A Class Factor Lawsuit Of Dupont And Therefore Teflon
There are two possible options of you have type of the high increased risk Sprint Fidelis lead connection implants. First, all your doctor can suggest so that it will you to add that you simply replacement lead wire but this does not suggest that your existing incorrect lead wire will indeed be removed. In fact, doctors as well on the grounds that the FDA have cautioned that removing the dental implants routinely is not really the best and solidest option. The also option is to very carefully monitor the patient to suit any clear signs connected lead wire fracture ...
Prevalence and Presentation of Externalized Conductors and Electrical Abnormalities in Riata Defibrillator Leads After...
Leads under advisory may vary considerably with regard to their potential for failure. The clinical implications of failure and timing of failure can be variable and different among patients. As a result, the management also can vary significantly, from close surveillance to a complex reoperation involving lead extraction. Analysis of the Accufix (Teletronics) pacing lead advisory showed a 10-fold increase in complications when leads were extracted compared with leaving the recalled lead in place.15 This observation showed that careful consideration must be used in the setting of an advisory before device replacement or lead extraction. Amin et al16 proposed a Markov decision-analysis model to compare risks and benefits for elective device replacement in devices under advisory. Their findings suggested that the main factor affecting whether a device should be removed is the estimated risk of device failure. In contrast, lead advisories represent an entirely distinct problem compared with device ...
Patent US6217659 - Dynamic blending gas delivery system and method - Google Patents
A dynamic blending gas delivery system and method are disclosed. A blended gaseous mixture produced in accordance with the method is used in chemical vapor deposition tools or similar process tools. One embodiment is a multi-step method for processing a plurality of fluids to form a blended gaseous mixture and supplying the blended gaseous mixture to a distribution header from which the blended gaseous mixture is delivered to at least one tool. The first step is to supply a first fluid. The second step is to heat the first fluid to a temperature where at least some portion of the first fluid is a vapor. The third step is to superheat the vapor portion of the first fluid to a temperature sufficient to avoid condensation of the blended gaseous mixture delivered to the at least one tool. The fourth step is to supply a second fluid. The fifth step is to heat the second fluid to a temperature sufficient to avoid condensation of the superheated vapor portion of the first fluid when the superheated vapor
When Device Failure Translates to Therapeutic Efficacy | Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions
Implantable devices, including valves, stents, occlusion devices, pacemakers, and debrillator systems, have become widespread and indispensable tools for cardiovascular therapy. Subjected as they are to the incessantly dynamic mechanical environment of a beating heart, a fundamental component of demonstrating safety, and one of the basic regulatory challenges, is testing to ensure their physical resilience and resistance to fatigue failure. Fracture of such devices in situ has traditionally been considered a mark of failure, not simply in the material sense, and although such failures are not always catastrophic, they are still cause for concern. With the introduction of ultra-noncompliant angioplasty balloons, it is now conceivable and feasible to impose intentional overload fracture of some vascular and valvar prostheses for therapeutic rather than for detrimental effect. The report by Chhatriwalla et al1 in the current issue of Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions adds to a growing ...
US8996111B2 - Lead recognition for an implantable medical system - Google Patents
The disclosure describes implantable medical systems that respond to occurrence of a lead-related condition by utilizing an elongated coil electrode in defining an alternative pacing therapy vector to maintain optimal drain of an IMD power supply. An exemplary system includes a medical electrical lead having an elongated electrode and an improved sensing and therapy delivery circuitry to provide the alternative pacing therapy vector responsive to the lead-related conditions. The system includes circuitry for recognition of the lead type in order to respond to the occurrence of the lead-related condition.
Hand-held laser welding wand having internal coolant and gas delivery conduits - Drawing for Patent # 7012216 -...
A hand-held laser welding wand includes internal flow passages through which filler media, gas, and coolant may flow. The wand is dimensioned to be grasped with a single hand, thus filler media of various types and forms, gas, and coolant may be supplied to the hand-held laser welding wand via external systems and delivery devices without substantially impairing operation of the wand.
GasShield® Metal Bulk Gas and Utility Filters | Semicon Gas Delivery
GasShield® metal bulk gas and utility line filters consist of manifolded filter elements to sustain high flow rates, low pressure drops, and corrosive gases.
Fidelis CM | Fidelis Capital Markets | FidelisCM.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army
Is Fidelis Capital Markets a Good Forex Broker? Read Real Reviews, By Traders, For Traders? Add Your Rating to the Largest Forex Review Database by Forex Peace Army?
PBF Energys newly acquired Torrance Refinery shut down following equipment failures
Torrance Refining Co., the 155,000 bpd southern California refinery PBF Energy recently acquired from ExxonMobil, has been forced to shut down this week after a series of equipment failures struck the facility following a software update.
Vol 65: Unidirectional valve malfunction by the breakage or malposition of disc - two cases report -. - pdf descargar
Vol 65: Unidirectional valve malfunction by the breakage or malposition of disc - two cases report -.. . Biblioteca virtual para leer y descargar libros, documentos, trabajos y tesis universitarias en PDF. Material universiario, documentación y tareas realizadas por universitarios en nuestra biblioteca. Para descargar gratis y para leer online.
Equipment failures plague swimming worlds
Equipment malfunctions plagued the preliminary heats of the mens 100-meter backstroke at the world swimming championships on Monday.
SOLVED: Sub-woofer malfunction My problem is the diaphragm - Fixya
sub-woofer malfunction My problem is the diaphragm of sub-woofer is acting erratically. Sometimes it functions and - Logitech Z-5500 Computer Speakers question
Cyclelicious » Equipment failure: Bail? Or continue?
I was seven miles into my 25 mile lunch ride along the Bay. I downshifted as I started up a hill; the brifter went clickclickclick but there was, oddly, no resistance. I looked back at my rear dérailleur and it was in its smallest cog. I tugged at the dérailleur cable and thats when the housing popped out of the brifter with the frayed cable poking out. Drat. Im riding northeast and I have 10-15 mph winds out of the north along the Bay, with rolling hills. Do I continue my ride, pushing against the headwind in the big gear? Or do I turn around? What decision would you make?. ...
Equipment failure at height? - Page 2 - Kiteforum.com
All about kiteboarding. Worlds largest kite forum for every level. Search all info and get help from thousands of users worldwide. Every questions gets answered. Several different forums for different styles, sports etc
Queens Guard Has A Wardrobe Malfunction (4 pics)
As you can see this poor guard just wants to fix the rope on his hat which is getting in his face. Unfortunately for him, he cant use his hands.
Cheryl Cole Has Wardrobe Malfunction At Elle Style Awards
Cheryl Cole looked stunning at the Elle Style Awards, but tit tape was on show. Photos: Getty Nobody could deny that Chezza looked the best.What do you think?See all the stars and style at the Ell...
Slam and Jam - The Atlantic
For all the reports of equipment failures and close calls and controller burnout, the nations air-traffic-control system is in fact far less precarious, in terms of safety, than people imagine it to be. The real threat to the systems integrity has as yet received little attention
Sorry for the delay in our service, blogger went down on Thursday night and took all recent articles with it, service was just restored a few minutes ago. We have been able to restore most of the stories, but all comments on the stories have been deleted due to Googles malfunction, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience and for reading DCMud ...
If you have a chronic illness, immune system malfunction, or young children then you simply MUST educate yourself about WiFi radiation and how to protect
Struggles Of Getting Ready That All Girls Can Relate To
With a little bit of organization, a plan B for wardrobe malfunctions, and the right attitude, you can get yourself through the most challenging of mornings.
My Worst Wardrobe Malfunction-Whats Yours? | HubPages
What has been your worst wardrobe malfunction? What was the most embarrassing fashion moment you have had so far? I will tell you about mine, and hopefully, how to avoid this happening to you at some point! One day, my husband and I needed to go...
Percutaneous pacemaker or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator lead removal in an attempt to improve symptomatic tricuspid...
Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of Percutaneous pacemaker or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator lead removal in an attempt to improve symptomatic tricuspid regurgitation. Together they form a unique fingerprint. ...
Cardiovascular Pacing and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD) Leads - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2017
Cardiovascular Pacing and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD) Leads - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2017 Summary GlobalDatas Medical Devices sector report,
Unscramble dislodgments | Words unscrambled from letters dislodgments | Scrabble Word dislodgments | Words Made with the...
Unscramble dislodgments, Unscramble letters dislodgments, Point value for dislodgments, Word Decoder for dislodgments, Word generator using the letters dislodgments, Word Solver dislodgments, Possible Scrabble words with dislodgments, Anagram of dislodgments
Patent US7363083 - Flexible subcutaneous implantable cardioverter-defibrillator - Google Patents
One embodiment of the present invention provides an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for subcutaneous positioning over a patients ribcage, the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator including a housing, wherein the housing conforms to the patients ribcage when subcutaneously positioned; an electrode disposed upon a portion of the housing; and an electrical circuit located within the housing, wherein the electrical circuit is electrically coupled to the electrode.
ECOST trial demonstrates reduction of inappropriate shocks and improvement of battery longevity for ICD patients with Biotronik...
ECOST, a prospective multicentre clinical trial designed to examine the safety and effectiveness of remote monitoring of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) patients with Biotronik Home Monitoring, demonstrates for the first time that daily remote monitoring with Biotronik Home Monitoring reduces inappropriate shocks and improves battery longevity in long-term follow-up (27 months) of patients with an ICD. The results were presented by Salem Kacet, principal investigator of the trial, at the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress 2011 on 29 August 2011 in Paris, France.. Researchers analysed 433 patients who were randomly assigned to Home Monitoring follow-up or standard in-office care. Patients in the Home Monitoring group were scheduled for in-office follow-ups at yearly intervals. In between, device- or patient-related event notifications by the Home Monitoring system could trigger additional in-office follow-ups. Patients in the control group received standard of care with ...
EB NEURO offers a wide variety of disposable and multi-use duodenal catheters for conventional and high-resolution manometry. Disposable catheters are available in different configurations that reach up to 24 pressure channels and offer many benefits: no need for disinfection (time-saving), no risk of infection and no risk of deletion of day of exams due to catheter malfunction. Multi-use catheters are available with configurations that reach up to 36 pressure channels and up to 12 impedance channels. They are available in silicon and in PVC. You can customize your catheter on request.. ...
Oversensing of the wearable cardioverter defibrillator during bipolar ventricular stimulation, Wiener klinische Wochenschrift |...
Read Oversensing of the wearable cardioverter defibrillator during bipolar ventricular stimulation, Wiener klinische Wochenschrift on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips.
Complications Associated With Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Replacement in Response to Device Advisories | Cardiology ...
ContextRecent implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) advisories and recalls have caused management dilemmas for physicians, particularly because there are
Heart Rhythm 2014: Minimally Invasive Epicardial ICD Placement | Physicians Weekly
The Particulars: Previous studies have suggested that the rates of implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) lead fractures are high among young patients. This patient population has also been found to be at risk for venous occlusion with transvenous ICD lead placement. A minimally invasive epicardial ICD placement may provide younger patients with a more desirable treatment alternative.. Data Breakdown: Investigators reviewed the charts of 22 children who underwent ICD placement using an epicardial pace/sense lead and a separate coil that was placed laterally-posterior to the pericardial sack through a 2 cm submammary incision-and tunneled the leads to an abdominal generator. All patients in the study had successful ICD implantations, and there were no deaths at 20 months follow-up. One patient required a right ventricle lead replacement. Another patient experienced an ICD generator failure but did not have problems with the lead or coil. Two other patients required drainage of a pleural ...
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator - Brigham and Womens Hospital
Learn how cardiac specialists use an implantable cardiac defibrillator for arrhythmia treatment at the Heart & Vascular Center, Brigham and Womens Hospital
What are chronic complications of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) therapy?
Chronic complications include the following: Device-related pain Lead fracture Inappropriate shocks Erosion of device through skin Immunologic rejection - Rare
Outcomes of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator use in patients with comorbidities: results from a combined analysis of 4...
Outcomes of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator use in patients with comorbidities: results from a combined analysis of 4 randomized clinical trials.
Rates of and Factors Associated With Infection in 200,909 Medicare Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Implants: Results...
Out of 200,909 implants, 3,390 patients (1.7%) developed an ICD infection. The infection rate was 1.4%, 1.5%, and 2.0% for single, dual, and biventricular ICDs, respectively (p < 0.001). Generator replacement had a higher rate compared to initial implant (1.9% vs. 1.6%, p < 0.001). The factors associated with infection were adverse event during implant requiring reintervention (odds ratio [OR], 2.692; 95% confidence interval [CI], 2.304-3.145), prior valvular surgery (OR, 1.525; 95% CI, 1.375-1.692), reimplantation for device upgrade, malfunction, or manufacturer advisory (OR, 1.354; 95% CI, 1.196-1.533), renal failure on dialysis (OR, 1.342; 95% CI, 1.123-1.604), chronic lung disease (OR, 1.215; 95% CI, 1.125-1.312), cerebrovascular disease (OR, 1.172; 95% CI, 1.076-1.276), and warfarin (OR, 1.155; 95% CI, 1.060-1.257).. ...
Potential benefits of remote follow-up of ICD patients: the EVATEL trial - Healthcanal.com : Healthcanal.com
Currently, explains investigator Dr Philippe Mabo form the University Hospital of Rennes, France, regular in-clinic follow-up must be performed every three months, according to manufacturer guidelines. But there are two drawbacks to the in-clinic follow-up - theyre time-constrained for both the patient and the clinic, and theres no link between the time of the appointment and the clinical event or device malfunction. So theres a clinical need to consider new follow-up strategy.. In response, several manufacturers have developed new technologies which allow the remote transmission of information from the device and on its therapeutic effect. Critical data can be transmitted at any time on system integrity or unexpected events - for example, lead integrity, battery status or ineffectively delivered therapy. Data stored in the device are transmitted by phone from the patients home to the implant centre, with website access to the data.. In this context, said Dr Mabo, remote device ...
Brody Davis - Wikipedia
Brody Davis is a fictional character created by Jason Katims for the 1999-2002 American science fiction television series Roswell. He is portrayed by actor Desmond Askew. Davis is a millionaire who takes over ownership of the UFO Center where Max Evans works. On a number of occasions, he claims to have been abducted by aliens. He tells Maria DeLuca that, in essence, his mind would go blank and he would awaken a few days later lacking knowledge of where he had been or what he had been doing. In reality, his body was being used as a vessel by aliens to come to Earth. He later tries to develop a device that will open a part of his brain that he believes contains memories of where he had been taken. This device malfunctions and the resulting shock reveals previously unknown memories to him, which leaves him confused and afraid. After this happens, he takes Max Evans, Tess Harding, Liz Parker, Maria, her mother and her cousin hostage. Max is able to heal the damage to part of Brodys brain using ...
Patent US5991662 - Method and system for detecting dislodgment of an implanted right atrial ... - Google Patents
A system and method are provided for detecting dislodgment of a right atrial endocardial lead implanted within a heart right atrium wherein the lead includes an electrode. Atrial and ventricular activity of the heart are sensed with one other lead during a time period. Also during the time period, heart activity is sensed with the endocardial lead electrode. The sensed heart activity is stored in memory. The stored heart activity sensed with the one other lead is analyzed to establish a first time window from the sensed atrial heart activity and a second time window from the sensed ventricular activity. The heart activity sensed with the endocardial lead electrode during the first time window is then compared to the heart activity sensed with the endocardial lead electrode during the second time window.
Hidden FDA Database Concealed Reports of Surgical Stapler Malfunctions
A hidden FDA database of medical device failures was shut down in June 2019. The database contains medical device reports submitted to the FDA via its
US20120239975A1 - Reducing Application Downtime During Failover - Google Patents
Reducing application downtime during failover including identifying a critical line in the startup of an application, the critical line comprising the point in the startup of the application in which the application begins to use dependent resources; checkpointing the application at the critical line of startup; identifying a failure in the application; and restarting the application from the checkpointed application at the critical line.
Uptime Monitor and Power Calculator Downloads by Uptimepowercalc at Software Geek - Utilities - System Utilities
Written in C#, this small program is used to log computer uptime and downtime for purposes of calculating power consumption and costs as well as savings, where downtime is considered either standby or hibernate. Written in C#, this small program is used to log computer uptime and downtime for purposes of calculating power consumption and costs as well as savings, where downtime is considered either standby or hibernate.
How to Handle Employee Downtime | Vitamix
Every restaurant experiences employee downtime at one time or another. So what can you do to make sure youre not losing money? Here are some tips.
How Much Downtime Can You Stand? Radius Executive IT Solutions
Do you ever get scared thinking about how long it would take you to recover from disaster? We all know downtime is inevitable. Its no secret: inform
Cold, Flu & Immunity: Safeguard Yourself Against Downtime in the Gym | Amino Z
By fortifying your immune system with well-times nutritional support, you reduce the likelihood of experiencing dreaded downtime.
Go to Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator.
Nutrition, meal planning and exercise are key to a healthy lifestyle. Get tools to carb count, build a workout plan and more from Diabetes Self-Management.
ICD are now a major focus of DOJ investigations
HC,. Point taken. The scourge of predatory medicine is a black mark for all doctors, whether it is spinal fusions, coronary stents, or even cardiac devices. I have been a long-standing, outspoken advocate for applying clinical judgment in the use of ICDs. Even before I read this important, but infrequently cited Josephson piece, I was mindful of the limitations of ICD, and the flaws of the prophylactic ICD trials. I was on the front lines of the first recalls, and I am still living with the Sprint Fidelis debacle. My wife is a palliative care doctor, so I understand the concept of all-cause mortality versus arrhythmic-mortality. The unfairness of life though, is that swinging pendulums whack everybody-even those that apply (and have applied) critical thinking. Perhaps, the present-day intrusions into the doctor-patient relationship are getting to me. As Malcolm Gladwell writes about in his recent book What the Dog Saw, the outlier, egregious (Midei-like) cases dont follow a predictable ...
SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR ANALYZING EQUIPMENT FAILURES AND MAINTENANCE SCHEDULES - United States Postal Service
A computer implemented method may be used for analyzing equipment failures and maintenance schedules. An equipment maintenance system generates a model of equipment and components of each piece of equ
Akutní příjem | IKEM
Acute emergency unit is located in 1st. floor of block A.. Unit is open 24/7, and provides care for patients with acute cardiac conditions such as Myocardial infarction suspection, heart rhytm disturbances, arrhytmia, dyspnea, and suspection of implanted device failure.. Contact:. ...
Doctor Works To Prevent Fertility Equipment Failures | KAMR - MyHighPlains.com
(WCNC) As lawsuits make their way through the legal system, a doctor in Charlotte, North Carolina is trying to prevent the massive equipment failures that led to last year
Institutional/Health Care Service Products
Shop For Institutional/Health Care Service Products: Meal Delivery Carts, Food Transport Trays, Meal Delivery Equipment, Retherm Systems & More.
ICD Lead Disconnected - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association Community
During My ASA in July i was taken back into surgery To get an ICD that Same Afternoon. My hearth had gone CHB once the first .5ml of alcohol was infused.5
Hospital cancels more than 500 surgeries following equipment failure
Victorias Health Minister has blasted one of Melbournes largest hospitals for falling well short of standards after more than 500 operations were cancelled due to an equipment malfunction.
Diagnostics of malfunctions. Mercedes-Benz G-class (W463, since 1999 of release)
The description of diagnostics of electronic control systems and diagnostic codes are provided in the Head of System of electric equipment of the engine. In this section the simplest scheme of clarification of the reasons of malfunctions and the refusals occurring in knots and systems of a vehicle is offered. Refusals and their possible reasons are broken into groups on the basis of the relation to certain components or car systems, such as the engine, cooling system, etc., besides, in the text references to chapters and sections concerning these problems are given. Remember that the successful conclusion of search of causes of defect at all is not the black magic available to only skilled professional mechanics, and is defined by a combination of a certain knowledge and a patient, systematic approach to problem research. To move always follows from simple to difficult, to lead up each check to the logic end and to try not to pass the obvious facts - everyone can forget to fill fuel in a fuel ...
Post-Approval Studies (PAS)
This study is a non-randomized, multi-site, clinical study of implanted commercially available Model 4195 leads. Data will be collected prospectively; however, retrospective study enrollment will be allowed to include leads implanted through the Attain StarFix Model 4195 LV Lead pre-market study. All enrolled subjects have been implanted with a Model 4195 LV Lead. This study is designed to monitor long term performance of the Model 4195 lead and to identify individual failure modes.The objective of the study is to demonstrate that the Model 4195 lead-related complication-free probability is greater than 92.5% at five years post-implant ...
Dislodgement | Definition of Dislodgement by Merriam-Webster
Define dislodge: to drive from a position of hiding, defense, or advantage; to force out of a secure or settled position - dislodge in a sentence
Risks and Success of ICD Insertion | Stanford Health Care
Learn more about the risks of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) insertion, including swelling, bruising, or serious conditions like stroke.
RxPG Website - Technical Problems [Help/Newbie] Forums
RxPG website is currently facing unforeseen serious technical problems and is unavailable. We are working round the clock to sort the problem and bring the website online as soon as possible. We ap
Nationwide 24 Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance
Nationwide offers our members 24-hour emergency roadside assistance. If your car breaks down or you get locked out, we can help by providing towing, lockout, jump start, gas delivery and flat tire services.
Citrix Customer Success Services Infographic - Citrix Australia
Citrix Customer Success Services Select is helping 87% of customers minimize downtime. Learn how you can minimize downtime with Select ...
Scheduled downtime for Wiley Online Library
The Blogworm is designed to keep you up-to-date with whats happening in the Library. Please feel free to comment on any of our posts with your questions and well get back to you with a response ...
helium delivery to black rock city??? - ePlaya
I was counting on a particular company to deliver tanks of helium to BRC for my project. Unfortunately, they are not making a trip out to BRC this year. Does anyone know of any businesses making compressed gas deliveries to the playa this year ...
The Eponymous Pickle: A Completely On-Demand Economy: Purple
Purple, a gas delivery startup, is one sign of where things are going. While the government and labor ponder the future, Purple is already selling a service that allows you to order gasoline for your car and have it fueled wherever the vehicle is currently parked. .... ...
Masterflex L/S Precision Tubing, C-FLEX L/S 25: 3/16 in. ID:Pumps and Tubing | Fisher Scientific
Shop a large selection of Masterflex L/S Precision Tubing, C-FLEX products and learn more about Masterflex L/S Precision Tubing, C-FLEX L/S 25: 3/16
CKON Experiences Equipment Failures - Indian Time
Akwesasne - General Manager of CKON, Diane McDonald, explained why they have been off the air several times over the past few weeks saying,
2013 CarMate 100% Solar Heated and Cooled Over The Top Cargo Trailer : First big equipment failure
I hope to get out on the road with my custom solar trailer as soon as possible. I really enjoyed building this one-of-a-kind unit. My idea has become to add more solar and try to stay out for maybe 30 days vs. most RVs that can boondock for max 3-7 days. If you have some ideas on something that you would really, like to have in your dream trailer - RV please let me know. If I install it then Ill be able to work out the kinks for you. Having almost completed Version one 95% I have decided it did not meet my design goals and have now built this 2013 CarMate - which is turning out much better then expected, but the going is slow as I am still working on my regular ol job ...
Equipment failure delays drilling at GSPC well in KG | PETROWATCH
Gujarat Petroleum has put off by a month plans to hand out information packets on its Krishna Godavari block KG-OSN-2001/3 to seven international majors interested in farming-in to the Deen Dayal...
Okay, faithful readers. You have heard my rant about too many cookies and the fact that I love Skittles. Unfortunately I think my eating habits have finall
Patente US20020042611 - Methods and devices for ablation - Google Patentes
An ablating device has a cover which holds an interface material such as a gel. The cover contains the interface material during initial placement of the device. The ablating device may also have a removable tip or a membrane filled with fluid. In still another aspect, the ablating device may be submerged in liquid during operation.
PD testing is an important investment for your plant. It is no secret that if you are running a high value plant, then electrical installations will be amongst the most valuable assets in your installations. A downtime, even for a few hours, will severely affect your business bottomlines and result in catastrophic financial losses.. When operating your electrical systems at higher levels, you will have to grapple with the long-term reliability of electrical systems - including problems with partial electrical discharge. But what is partial discharge in the first place?. Before you embark into the merits of PD testing, it is important to understand what this electrical fault entails. After all, PD might occur over many years without you even realizing it.. Partial Discharge (PD). PD occurs when your electrical insulations break down due to high or medium electrical voltage stresses. PD can be catastrophic because once the breakdown in the insulation has been initiated, the deterioration will be ...
Nuclear and radiation accidents and incidents
Equipment failure. Equipment failure is one possible type of accident. In Białystok, Poland, in 2001 the electronics ... While the initial failure was the simple failure of a semiconductor diode, it set in motion a series of events which led to a ... Leaking valve forces shutdown Millstone Nuclear Power Plant Units 1 and 2, multiple equipment failures found. 0. 254. ... Balance-of-plant equipment malfunction forces shutdown and extensive repairs at Crystal River Unit 3. 0. 384. ...
List of pipeline accidents in the United States in 2004
Equipment failure was suspected. The cavern had just been expanded using the SMUG (solution mining under gas) process, which ... due to a weld failure that caused control/relief equipment to fail. On December 24, as much as 5,000 gallons of crude oil ... The failure was caused by a material defect in the pipe. On August 19, a series of explosions hit an underground natural gas ... The incident resulted from a through-wall failure of the pipe material at a fitting that was attached to the top of the pipe. ...
1999 Blayais Nuclear Power Plant flood
... circuit or equipment failure; brief and intense rainfall on site; regular and continuous rainfall on site; and rises in ... Instead of evaluating only the five factors required by Rule RFS I.2.e (river flood, dam failure, tide, storm surge and tsunami ... It suggested that two criteria should be met: that buildings containing equipment important for safety should be built on a ... The incident illustrated the potential for flooding to damage multiple items of equipment throughout a plant, weaknesses in ...
Millstone Nuclear Power Plant
On February 26, 1996, a leaking valve forced the shutdown of units 1 and 2. Multiple equipment failures were found. Time ... Leaking valve forced shutdown multiple equipment failures detected: February 20, 1996 Permanently ceased operations: July 21, ... NRC Failure to Adequately Regulate - Millsone Unit 1, 1995 Archived 2009-05-14 at the Wayback Machine Benjamin K. Sovacool; ... 73-. ISBN 978-1-135-91406-6. NRC Failure to Adequately Regulate - Millstone Unit 1, 1995 "Millstone - Unit 1". US NRC. ...
"Pulmonary: Heart Failure". Archived from the original on 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2008-12-21. Overview at cvphysiology.com. ... "Pulmonary Artery Wedge Pressure • LITFL • CCC Equipment". Life in the Fast Lane • LITFL • Medical Blog. 2019-01-04. Retrieved ...
The success rate to enhance equipment is not 100% and failure is possible. However, the target equipment won't disappear even ... The in-game equipment of all classes can be divided into Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary based on colors. The equipment is ... Equipment power is measured by Stars; players can enhance equipment and increase its Star level. Skill System Each of the 3 ... All in-game equipment can be enhanced. Each time players successfully enhance a piece of equipment, it will receive different ...
Total cost of ownership
Electricity (for related equipment, cooling, backup power). *Testing costs. *Downtime, outage and failure expenses ...
Tennessee Gas Pipeline
On March 2, 2015, a Tennessee Gas Pipeline leaked due to equipment failure, causing $281,890 of property damage in Marshall, ... The failure site was near where TGP had a previous failure in 1965 with fatalities. That failure was attributed to stress ... The failure was caused by a crack in a girth weld at the time of construction; the pipe was manufactured in 1963. On November ... Failures may be escalating as pipelines age. In the listings below, note the age of pipes that failed. According to PHMSA, ...
The Days (film)
Equipment was rented and usually obsolete. Even obtaining film was a trial, as Wang and cinematographer Liu Jie were forced to ... The effort, though a failure, galvanized Wang to begin again with The Days. Due to an extremely low budget, the production ... Equipment would be rented on Friday and returned on Monday, the process repeating each week. Dong, a young artist played by ...
Data General Nova
A power failure detection circuit in the CPU issued an interrupt when loss of the main power coming into the computer was ... "The Digital Equipment Corporation PDP-8". University Of Iowa Department of Computer Science. Hendrie 2002, p. 50. "SUPER NOVA ... It was up to the service routine to figure out how to restart I/O operations that were aborted by the power failure. As was the ... There were a few devices, notably the CPU's power-failure detection circuit, which did not respond to the INTA instruction. If ...
List of pipeline accidents in the United States in 1993
The cause was from equipment failure. 1993 On June 9, a cinder block duplex in Cliffwood Beach, New Jersey, exploded as a New ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Cohn, D'Vera (March 30, 1993). "Damage by Equipment May Have Weakened Pipeline; Most ... PHMSA Pipeline Failure Investigation Reports are at https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/safety-reports/pipeline-failure-investigation- ... businesses with in a mile of the failure. Internal corrosion of the pipeline was the cause. 1993 On July 22, a city of St. Paul ...
Equipment failure causes fatalities and injuries. Approximately one in 750 deployments of a main parachute result in a ... Most parachuting equipment is ruggedly designed and is enjoyed by several owners before being retired. A rigger is trained to ... A parachutist's equipment consists of at least three, usually four components, a container/harness system, a main canopy, a ... The market is not large enough to permit the steady lowering of prices that is seen with some other equipment like computers. A ...
List of pipeline accidents in the United States in 2017
The closure failure fatally injured one technician. The equipment was installed in 1989. The leak just south of Canton, Ohio, ... The cause of the failure was never found. On October 18, Louisiana-based oil company LLOG Exploration had a crude oil spill of ... The cause of the failure was unknown. On January 25, a Magellan pipeline leaked 46,830 gallons (1,115 barrels) of diesel fuel ... When contacted, pipeline personnel had no idea that there was a problem, and offered no reason for their equipment malfunction ...
Human mission to Mars
Potential failure of propulsion or life-support equipment.. Some of these issues were estimated statistically in the HUMEX ... A contaminated vehicle or item of equipment returned to Earth could also be a source of contamination." ... Artist's concept of crew members setting up weather monitoring equipment on the surface of Mars ... supplies and other equipment. Should a heat shield be used, it would need to be very large. Retro rockets could be used, but ...
Marysville Cotton Mill
Gilbert, Angela (21 October 2014). "Backup power equipment failures 'brought GNB down'". CBC News. Retrieved 1 February 2017. ...
He finished 39th after suffering equipment failure. The team made the next race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, with Carl Long ... Mike Hillman, who was partnered with Joe Falk and his team was named as a partner for 2016, purchasing equipment from Hillman- ... The team used the owner's points and equipment of Tommy Baldwin Racing's former No. 36 team, sold to Robinson at the beginning ... On October 22, 2012, the team sold off its Cup Series equipment in an auction to NEMCO Motorsports and Joe Nemechek, with ...
Hydraulic brakes rarely fail, but failure tends to be complete. Hydraulic systems require specialized equipment to repair. ... Heat build-up can lead to failure with disc brakes. Disc brakes heat discs in the same way as rim brakes heat rims, but discs ... Larger rotors dissipate heat more quickly and have a larger amount of mass to absorb heat, reducing brake fade or failure. ... Jenkins, Mike (23 July 2003). Materials in Sports Equipment, Volume 1. Elsevier. p. 170. Rim brakes have been the subject of ...
The reliability prediction is generally expressed in FIT (number of failures for 109 hours) or MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures ... Military Handbook - Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment. Department of Defense, 1991". Archived from the original on ... Reliability Reliability theory MTBF Failure rate "MIL-HDBK-217F. ...
List of accidents and incidents involving military aircraft (1955-1959)
Equipment failure and hypoxia are suspected causes. 24 April Ninth of 13 North American X-10s, GM-52-2, c/n 9, on Navaho X-10 ... USA after a complete electrical systems failure. The failure occurred at around 30,000 ft (9,100 m) and the backup system ... The failure mode was determined later when another B-52 experienced a similar incident that blew off the rear right hand ... The fact the crew had not removed the propulsion safety pin during the drill contributed to the failure of the sustainer motor ...
Boba, Antonio (December 1982). "Responsibility for Equipment Failure: Consumer vs. Manufacturer". Anesthesiology. 57 (6): 547. ... To make a car 95% as safe as an experienced driver, 275 million failure-free autonomous miles (400 M km) are needed while ... Numbers made available by the US government state that 94% of vehicle accidents are due to human failures. As a result, major ... For an accident to fall under product liability, there needs to be either a defect, failure to provide adequate warnings, or ...
Shoot to Kill (1990 film)
Had it just been an equipment failure? The film suggested that the inquiry had seriously considered the possibility, voiced by ... A senior officer carpets DCI Flanagan and his Detective Inspector for the failures of the SSU, culminating in their having " ...
There was no evidence of equipment failure. The report stated that a postmortem examination of the skeletal fragments had been ...
... and propulsion systems so that a single in-flight equipment failure will not cause loss of life. A more recent outcome of this ... Electrical power systems must perform two actions to prevent total system failure when smaller failures occur, such as when a ... For example, if it takes two generators to power a city, then "N+1" would be three generators to allow a single failure. ... This allows forces to be redistributed across a bridge to prevent failure if a vehicle ruptures a cable. This allows water flow ...
His dive was aborted due to equipment failure. It was a Turkish Navy experimental dive. Subsequently died ... The equipment used for deep diving depends on both the depth and the type of diving. Scuba is limited to equipment that can be ... Much technical equipment is simply not designed for the necessarily greater stresses at depths, and reports of key equipment ( ... Usually the two are combined, as the procedures must be adapted to suit the equipment, and in some cases the equipment is ...
2019 in American television
"ThinkTV is back on air after equipment failure". Dayton Daily News. Cox Media Group. Retrieved July 10, 2019. Kiesewetter, John ...
Nuclear and radiation accidents and incidents
Equipment failure is one possible type of accident. In Białystok, Poland, in 2001 the electronics associated with a particle ... While the initial failure was the simple failure of a semiconductor diode, it set in motion a series of events which led to a ... Failure to remove decay heat may cause the reactor core temperature to rise to dangerous levels and has caused nuclear ... This differs from a fuel element failure, which is not caused by high temperatures. A meltdown may be caused by a loss of ...
LWG Consulting, Inc.
It also provides IT equipment failure analysis service. Currently,[when?] the company has 20 offices located around the world ... The company offers failure analysis, forensic investigations in the cause of various failures, including electrical, mechanical ... Services this company provides include damage assessment, repair and replacement cost valuation, equipment restoration ...
Schroeder, Kaitlin (July 9, 2019). "ThinkTV is back on air after equipment failure". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved July 9, 2019 ... 2019 due to the failure of a multiplexer in the master control power supply at ThinkTV in downtown Dayton. On November 15, 2019 ... ThinkTV entered phase two of its digital conversion with the installation of new digital master control equipment and the ... per an agreement with Greater Dayton Public Television, WHIO-TV (channel 7), which had suffered a transmitter failure on ...
Schroeder, Kaitlin (July 9, 2019). "ThinkTV is back on air after equipment failure". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved July 9, 2019 ... 2019 due to the failure of a multiplexer in the master control power supply at ThinkTV in downtown Dayton. The station's ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
Devices and instruments used to trap or kill pests or plant life, but not including equipment used to apply pesticides when ... Failure by the state to assure enforcement of state pesticides use regulations Section 27 ... and failure to pay reregistration fees or maintenance fees may result in cancellation of a product registration. ...
Liquefied natural gas
Failure to remove such acidic molecules, mercury, and other impurities could result in damage to the equipment. Corrosion of ... experienced a failure of an LNG tank. 128 people perished in the explosion and fire. The tank did not have a dike ... "Prometheus agreement with WPX Energy to supply LNG and equipment for drilling operations". Archived from the original on 26 ... The 2007-2008 global financial crisis caused a general decline in raw material and equipment prices, which somewhat lessened ...
Louis (1944), the studio allowed her to debut on Broadway in Many Happy Returns (1945). The play was a failure, but Astor ... Though this result was probably due to early sound equipment and inexperienced technicians, the studio released her from her ... She starred on Broadway again in The Starcross Story (1954), another failure and returned to Southern California in 1956. She ... Astor died on September 25, 1987, at age 81, of respiratory failure due to pulmonary emphysema while in the hospital at the ...
The infected person should be in barrier-isolation from other people. All equipment, medical waste, patient waste and ... Dialysis may be needed for kidney failure, and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation may be used for lung dysfunction. ... "Guidance on Personal Protective Equipment To Be Used by Healthcare Workers During Management of Patients with Ebola Virus ... The diagnostic tests currently available require specialised equipment and highly trained personnel. Since there are few ...
In the course of trying to understand the mysterious reasons behind their failure to build a working FET, this led them instead ... Very small size and weight, reducing equipment size.. *Large numbers of extremely small transistors can be manufactured as a ... were the main active components in electronic equipment. ...
Medical equipment - Equipment designed to aid in the diagnosis, monitoring or treatment of medical conditions ... deals with pain and symptom relief and emotional support in patients with terminal illnesses including cancer and heart failure ...
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Construction failuresEdit. The delays have been caused by an array of issues. The most significant cause for the continuing ... Vehicles, equipment and supplies that were needed at Tegel until the final moments would have been transported to BER during ... It became clear on 8 May 2012 that the building could not open on schedule, officially due to the failure of the fire ... "Bau des Hauptstadtflughafens - Die Lach- und Sachgeschichten des BER" [The top 5 in weird construction failures].. ...
... although some dowsers use other equipment or no equipment at all.. Dowsing appears to have arisen in the context of Renaissance ... "The Failure of the Munich Experiments". Skeptical Inquirer. CSICOP. Retrieved 2006-11-14. The researchers themselves concluded ... Do Not Buy Bogus Explosives Detection Equipment ... Equipment. Rods. 1942: George Casely uses a hazel ...
Medical equipmentEdit. For other types of equipment, see Equipment. This article needs additional citations for verification. ... Failure to meet cost targets will lead to substantial losses for an organisation. In addition, with global competition, the R&D ... Treatment equipment includes infusion pumps, medical lasers and LASIK surgical machines.. *Life support equipment is used to ... "11.040: Medical equipment". Retrieved 26 April 2009.. *^ "ISO 13485:2003 - Medical devices -- Quality management systems -- ...
Detectors and Associated Equipment. 557 (2): 390-396. Bibcode:2006NIMPA.557..390S. doi:10.1016/j.nima.2005.11.193.. ... but they have all met with failure. However, ununennium may not be an alkali metal due to relativistic effects, which are ...
Equipment Notes 28 February 2015. Sarah Storey. 37. Lee Valley VeloPark, London, United Kingdom. 45.502. (Failure). Revolution ... Equipment Notes 18 September 2014. Jens Voigt. 43. Velodrome Suisse, Grenchen, Switzerland. 51.110 (New record). Trek Bicycle ... Equipment Notes 2014 Sidney Schuman 84 Lee Valey Velodrome, London, United Kingdom 28.388. (New record) London Cycling Campaign ... Equipment Notes 23 October 2017 René Gaillard 90 Saint-Quentin en Yvelines, France 29.278. (New record) Cyclosport Club de ...
Bengal famine of 1943
... market failures, failure or malfeasance by governmental institutions, war profiteering or other unscrupulous acts by private ... Transport was generally unavailable to carry seed and equipment to distant fields or rice to the market hubs. Artisans and ... and another focuses on the failure of exchange entitlements (FEE). The FAD explanation blames famine on crop failures brought ... Rangasami, Amrita (1985). "Failure of Exchange Entitlements Theory of Famine: A Response". Economic and Political Weekly. 20 ( ...
Several organizations exist that help to give and receive wheelchair equipment. Organizations that accept wheelchair equipment ... as the discrimination experienced by people with impairments as a result of the failure of society to provide the adaptions ... donations typically attempt to identify recipients and match them with the donated equipment they have received. Organizations ...
... is often blown into building spaces through hoses from special blowing equipment in this case mounted ... The failure of the glass fibre insulated wall assembly (F21 and F21A) occurred at 42 and 43 minutes respectively, while the ... failure of the rock fibre and cellulose insulated wall assemblies occurred at 54 and 51 minutes respectively. As shown in ...
A "Radon Hut" (Rn Hut) was constructed near the Atotsu tunnel entrance to house equipment for the dome air system: a 40 hp air ... apparently in a chain reaction or cascading failure, as the shock wave from the concussion of each imploding tube cracked its ...
Hard disk drive failure
... by opening the drives in a clean room and using appropriate equipment to read data from the platters directly. If the ... Signs of drive failure. Failure of a hard disk drive can be catastrophic or gradual. The former typically presents as a ... Modes of failure. Hard drives may fail in a number of ways. Failure may be immediate and total, progressive, or limited. ... "One aspect of disk failures that single-value metrics such as MTTF and AFR cannot capture is that in real life failure rates ...
... electronic and electrical equipment, machinery, fabricated metals, wholesale trade, transportation equipment, and other ... and failure to do so would result in deportation or a fine of up to 5 million piastres. ... The Chinese accounted for more than 30 percent of Ho Chi Minh City's business output because of better equipment. ... Almost all the major import items such as machinery, transport equipment, and building materials, and luxury goods were ...
Explanations for the failures. Chief designer Solomonov has blamed the failures on the poor state of the Russian defense ... "Sometimes [the problem] is poor-quality materials, sometimes it is the lack of necessary equipment to exclude the 'human' ... Until 2009, there were 6 failures in 13 flight tests and one failure during ground test, blamed mostly on substandard ... Failure. Submerged. Alexander Nevsky. A malfunction in one of its systems on the second minute of the flight.. ...
... is also an important part of forensic engineering and failure analysis - investigating materials, products, ... is an engineering plastic which is used extensively as the glide rails for industrial equipment and the low-friction socket in ...
As of 2012[update], major equipment items reported by the Ivory Coast Army included 10 T-55 tanks (marked as potentially ... the fragmentation of research organizations and a failure to exploit and protect research results. ... Apart from low investment, other challenges include inadequate scientific equipment, ...
Market failure. Main articles: Market failure, Government failure, Information economics, Environmental economics, and ... or correspondingly different types of capital equipment and differentiated land uses. ... Compare with Nicholas Barr (2004), whose list of market failures is melded with failures of economic assumptions, which are (1 ... Joseph E. Stiglitz (2015) classifies market failures as from failure of competition (including natural monopoly), information ...
Aquarius Reef Base
Equipment *Freeflow. *Use of breathing equipment in an underwater environment. *Failure of diving equipment other than ... Aquarius houses sophisticated lab equipment and computers, enabling scientists to perform research and process samples without ... including the failure of the electronic functions of his Inspiration closed circuit rebreather due to hydrodynamic forces from ... "Training, equipment, and operational procedures for conducting scientific saturation diving activities". In: Lang, MA; Jaap, ...
In general, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is the first-line mode of protection for healthcare workers from ... and nature of sanctions that can be imposed for failure to comply vary across jurisdictions. ... For it to be effective against highly contagious diseases, personal protective equipment must be watertight and prevent the ... Different levels of personal protective equipment created to unique standards are used in situations where the risk of ...
Both were torn down due to the federal government's failure to maintain the properties. Briardale now serves as the Municipal ... among the earth moving and heavy equipment community. ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
As the war progressed, the Israeli forces gained an advantage due to a growing stream of arms and military equipment from ... to search for Irgun and Lehi members and to inflict economic losses on the Yishuv as a collective punishment over the failure ... extensive counterfeiting equipment, as well as $1,000,000 in counterfeit government bonds that was discovered in a raid on the ... but the plan to transmit an Irgun broadcast from the station failed after the radioman could not work the equipment. ...
The IPCC announced on 12 October 2012 that it would investigate the failure of the police to declare a major incident, failure ... "The equipment was no use on the ambulance vehicle when critical early resuscitation was taking place some distance away on the ... Failure to put Hillsborough on front page a shocking misjudgement" (Tweet). Retrieved 27 April 2016 - via Twitter.. ... That it might so occur was foreseeable". The failure by the police to give the order to direct fans to empty areas of the ...
The basic forced volume vital capacity (FVC) test varies slightly depending on the equipment used, either closed circuit or ... In those with acute respiratory failure on mechanical ventilation, "the static compliance of the total respiratory system is ... May 1985). "Measurement of static compliance of the total respiratory system in patients with acute respiratory failure during ...
Battle of Milne Bay
However, some equipment was lost or ruined in transit, and the danger from malaria was not yet appreciated at Milne Bay.[32 ... An attempt to evacuate the force on 11 September ended in failure when the two destroyers assigned to this mission were ... Company E of the 46th Engineers of the US Army Corps of Engineers arrived on Bontekoe with airbase construction equipment. ... providing their planners with a better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the Japanese and their equipment. It ...
In 2005, storm surge from Hurricane Katrina caused catastrophic failure of the federally designed and built levees, flooding 80 ... and transporting military equipment and supplies up the Mississippi River. Beginning in the 1760s, Filipinos began to settle in ... "A Troubled Dream: The Promise and Failure of School Desegregation in Louisiana". Vanderbilt University. Archived from the ... surrounding New Orleans-no matter how large or sturdy-cannot provide absolute protection against overtopping or failure in ...
Interference with test equipment, which is due to the insulating residues deposited on the test contacts on electronic circuit ... Salts are ionic in nature and can cause problems from metallic leaching or dendrite growth, with possible product failure. In ... or act as undesired insulation on connectors and contact pads for test equipment. ... of solvents during the preheating phase but to not require too frequent replenishing of solvent in the process equipment. ...
Equipment monitoring enables precise prediction of failure
Equipment maintenance is necessary. The worst case scenario is when unexpected failure occurs and emergency repair is needed. ... However, to a manufacturer, when production equipment failure occurs, it is not as easy as changing a belt. ... For instance, should any equipment failure or unexpected emergency happen on a semiconductor manufacturing line that is ... Monitoring equipment setup is complicated process (Jan 24). *Equipment monitoring avoids problems of traditional time-based ...
Super Bowl 2018: NBC cites 'equipment failure' for brief blank screen
Partial Discharge Analysis : Prevent Equipment Failure
The high voltage equipment may even completely fail after such an occurrence. Using partial discharge analysis methods and ... Once the partial discharge process commences there is a high probability that the high voltage equipment will end up failing ... If you want to make sure your high voltage equipment will function perfectly on the long run, thorough partial discharge ... The partial discharge process can be very hazardous to high voltage equipment. It usually starts within cracks, voids, bubbles ...
Equipment Failure Knocks Napster Offline - Computerworld
Winter Park Mayor Steve Leary is sending a clear message to anyone who cares about transparency in local government: Suckerrrrr!!! Leary orchestrated a series of one-on-one meetings with three out of four city commissioners - a way to sidestep the nuisance of actually debating public business in front of the public. Well played, Mr. Mayor. […]. ...
Ohio: Failure of Safety Equipment Not Enough to Hold Employer Liable for Intentional Tort
The failure of an equipment safety guard is not sufficient by itself to show such intent. There must be evidence that an ... Ohio: Failure of Safety Equipment Not Enough to Hold Employer Liable for Intentional Tort ... Ohio: Failure of Safety Equipment Not Enough to Hold Employer Liable for Intentional Tort ... However, according to the supreme court, the failure of an equipment safety guard is not sufficient by itself to raise the ...
Catastrophic failure on scallop trawler due to broken equipment, human error, says TSB | CBC News
... to restart the engine aboard a scallop dragger last year led to a series of problems and ultimately the catastrophic failure of ... Catastrophic failure on scallop trawler due to broken equipment, human error, says TSB. A workaround method of trying to ... Catastrophic failure on scallop trawler due to broken equipment, human error, says TSB. Social Sharing. ... restart the engine aboard a scallop dragger last year led to a series of problems and ultimately the catastrophic failure of ...
Industrial Equipment Failure Analysis Using FT-IR Microscopic Techniques | White Papers | Photonics.com
... that FT-IR microscopy analysis is capable of determining the cause of failures of many different pieces of industrial equipment ... File: Industrial_Equipment_Failure_AnalysisApp_Note.pdf (2.57 MB). To download this application note, please complete the * ... microscopes & accessoriesmaterials researchMicroscopyspectroscopyindustrial equipmentfailure analysisFT-IR ... that FT-IR microscopy analysis is capable of determining the cause of failures of many different pieces of industrial equipment ...
Equipment failure in Morro Bay caused outage
Equipment Failure | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
"Equipment Failure" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Equipment Failure" was a major or minor topic ... Failure of equipment to perform to standard. The failure may be due to defects or improper use. ... "Equipment Failure" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicines controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject ... Below are the most recent publications written about "Equipment Failure" by people in Profiles. ...
Equipment or Design Failure? - Woodworking | Blog | Videos | Plans | How To
Equipment failure blamed in Pa. drill site blaze
Correct spelling for equipment failure [Infographic] | Spellchecker.net
How Do You Spell EQUIPMENT FAILURE?. Correct spelling for the English word "equipment failure" is [ɪkwˈɪpmənt fˈe͡ɪli͡ə], [ ... Similar spelling word for EQUIPMENT FAILURE. *equipment casualty. 2275 words made out of letters EQUIPMENT FAILURE 3 letters. * ... Similar spelling word for equipment failure Anagrams for equipment failure * 3 letters ...
Equipment failure at height? - Page 2 - Kiteforum.com
Almost all of my equipment failures have been at height, except boards of course.. Had two spreader bars break, both at ... Almost all of my equipment failures have been at height, except boards of course.. Had two spreader bars break, both at ... Lots of board failures, but those were all during contact with the water. Usually landings. Having spent a lot of time falling ... Lots of board failures, but those were all during contact with the water. Usually landings. Having spent a lot of time falling ...
UPDATE: Equipment failure leads to 6 water main breaks in Darlington
... August 19, 2019 1:25 pm WKOW Top Stories ... Jeremy Williams tells 27 News there was an equipment failure at one of two wells in town. In order to make up for loss of water ... It all started because of an equipment failure at one of the two wells in town on Sunday. ... UPDATED (WKOW) - The Darlington Public Works Director says an equipment failure led to six water main ruptures Monday. ...
CONWEIB - Calculation of equipment failure risk
Developed by Cepel, the main objective of the software is the modeling of the probability of failure of an equipment, and, from ... CONWEIB is a tool for statistical analysis of the risk of equipment failure based on its operational history. ... The current version of CONWEIB allows the study of equipment considered as non-repairable (Weibulls methodology) and ... this, the calculation of quantities relevant to the study of reliability, such as average life, percentiles and failure rate. ...
Harris v. Covenant Equipment Corp. involving failure to remit employee contributions to the company's pension plan in Rock Hill...
Covenant Equipment Corporation, doing business as Wholesale Fork Lifts Inc., and Mark Sowka ... Harris v. Covenant Equipment Corp. involving failure to remit employee contributions to the companys pension plan in Rock Hill ... Allegations: In February 2005, Covenant Equipment, based in Rock Hill, S.C., established a SIMPLE IRA plan for its employees. ... Name(s) of Defendant(s): Covenant Equipment Corporation, doing business as Wholesale Fork Lifts Inc., and Mark Sowka ...
Global paper producer reduces maintenance spending by 20% and major equipment failure by 25%
... ... Global paper producer reduces maintenance spending by 20% and major equipment failure by 25% ... and major equipment failure by 25% by implementing ODR. The company has virtually eliminated unscheduled downtime due to ... Operators are closest to the equipment, which allows them to be the first to notice and quickly react to changes in equipment ...
wltx.com | Voters in key states face long lines, equipment failures
Voters in key states face long lines, equipment failures. Tens of millions of Americans descended on the polls today as ... sporadic equipment failures and confusion about polling places - but few signs so far of violence or voter intimidation. ... sporadic equipment failures and confusion about polling places - but few signs so far of violence or voter intimidation. ...
NON-COMBAT EVENT) EQUIPMENT FAILURE RPT 504TH MI CO, TF 9E, 172 IN BDE : 0 INJ/DAM - War reports
Optimum Maintenance Policy for an Equipment Subject to Deterioration and Random Failure | IEEE Journals & Magazine | IEEE Xplore
Construction Equipment Failure | Rimkus
... and equipment damages can lead to lost productivity and profits for contractors and construction owners. When… ... Construction Equipment Failure. Contractor equipment break-downs, fires, and equipment damages can lead to lost productivity ... With extensive experience in heavy equipment failure analysis and testing, Rimkus can help mitigate the damages associated with ... They can determine the extent of damages, as well as make recommendations for repair and replacement to get the equipment back ...
SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR ANALYZING EQUIPMENT FAILURES AND MAINTENANCE SCHEDULES - United States Postal Service
An equipment maintenance system generates a model of equipment and components of each piece of equ ... A computer implemented method may be used for analyzing equipment failures and maintenance schedules. ... Continuing to a block 306, the equipment maintenance system 106 generates an equipment failure model. The equipment failure ... mean time to failure of the equipment, mean time to repair the equipment, maintenance cost of the equipment, or intervals for ...
Equipment failure causes midday outages in Downers Grove | MySuburbanLife.com
Equipment failure caused the power outages that affected 654 customers Tuesday in Downers Grove, a ComEd spokesperson said. ... DOWNERS GROVE - Equipment failure caused the power outages that affected 654 customers Tuesday in Downers Grove, a ComEd ... Equipment failure causes midday outages in Downers Grove. By SUBURBAN LIFE MEDIA ...
Consider process-based failure analysis methods for piping and equipment
... Avoiding incident (or accident) recurrences at ... Home2013December 2013Consider process-based failure analysis methods for piping and equipment ... Incurring zero incidents is the ultimate goal for any structured failure analysis. When applied to pipes and equipment, this ... However, the physical approach to failure analysis, which identifies the type of corrosion, metallurgical alteration or ...
Fish Escapes Primarily Caused by Equipment Failure | The Fish Site
Fish Escapes Primarily Caused by Equipment Failure. Health Husbandry Environment Sustainability Genetics & breeding Equipment ... Equipment failure or damage is the major factor behind the escape of farmed salmon. Figures from the SECURE project show that ... The escape incident reports reveal that equipment suppliers and fish farmers have managed to solve some of the equipment ... Much of the equipment in use in sea-based facilities should be redesigned and simplified to make it difficult or impossible to ...
Widespread PG&E Outage In San Francisco Caused By Underground Equipment Failure - CBS San Francisco
Over 9,100 PG&E customers were without power in several San Francisco neighborhoods Wednesday night due to the failure of some ... Widespread PG&E Outage In San Francisco Caused By Underground Equipment Failure. ... but after crews began working on repairing the equipment failures, they said they expect power for most to be restored by ... were without power in several San Francisco neighborhoods Wednesday night due to the failure of some underground equipment, PG& ...
80 NHS Hospital trusts shaken up after computer failure ( An equipment failure disrupted the func...)
... failure,medicine,medical news today,latest medical news,medical newsletters,current medical news,latest medicine news ... An equipment failure disrupted the functioning of 80 NHS Hospital Trus...NHS Connecting for Health which is in charge of the IT ... 80 NHS Hospital trusts shaken up after computer failure. An equipment failure disrupted the functioning of 80 NHS Hospital Trus ... An equipment failure disrupted the functioning of 80 NHS Hospital Trusts on Sunday, thankfully no patient data was hampered.// ...
The Resuming Insulation Discharge Failure and Conductor Overheating Failure Judgment Method of SF6 Electrical Equipment
Even if it reaches 100µL/L, it will not be in danger immediately to the safe operation of equipment. We may plan, arrange, and ... The criteria of resuming insulation discharge failure conforming to CSO2/CH2S>7, is quite broad to SO2 and the H2S ... When obtaining the bare conductor overheating failure, it has not involved the resuming insulation. We may use the resuming ... The Resuming Insulation Discharge Failure and Conductor Overheating Failure Judgment Method of SF6 Electrical Equipment () ...
20202019Malfunction20182016DowntimeReliabilityDefectsAssetMetallurgicalPredict equipmentCatastrophic bearingWest MidlandsOccurOptimizeReducesFaulty equipmentOutagesMicroscopesFailsWeld FailureMechanicalSystemMAINTENANCE SCHEDULESAnalyzeNewsDemand for Failure Analysis EquipmentGlobal failure analysis equipment marketProcessDefective equipmentTimeFailOverall Equipment EffOccursPumpsDiagnosticBeamElectionManufacturing industryBlazePiece of equipmentParticlesPatient'sResultOutageImproperDataCMMSElectron microscopyAnalysis equipmentEliminateProvideFactorsDefectIdentifiesRelyInjuriesFutureInvestigation
- Still thinking ahead to the November 2020 general election, to what extent, if any, do you expect election equipment failures/malfunctions will or will not be a problem with election administration in your jurisdiction? (umich.edu)
- This information is based on the findings of a report published by Transparency Market Research titled " Failure Analysis Equipment Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2014 - 2020 . (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Houston, USA, Feb 2019 - Coastal Power & Equipment is sharing their opinion on how you can prevent your food from decay during the power failure. (webnewswire.com)
- Of these, transmission electron microscopes are likely to extend their lead in the failure analysis equipment market over the coming years, while dual beam systems are expected to account for 20% of the market by 2019, following smooth progress at an 11.30% CAGR from 2013 to 2019. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Significant upheaval is expected among the leading end users of failure analysis equipment, with the fiber optics industry, biomedical and life sciences industry, metallurgy, nanotechnology all expected to exhibit a strong CAGR over the 2013-2019 forecast period. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- However, semiconductors manufacturing is likely to remain the leading consumer of failure analysis equipment in the coming years, with the segment expected to be worth US$1.7 bn to the failure analysis equipment market by 2019. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Geographically, Asia Pacific is likely to retain its majority share in the global failure analysis equipment in the coming years, with the regional market's annual revenue expected to rise to more than US$4 bn by the end of 2019. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- On the other hand, the rising demand from regions such as Latin America and the Middle East is expected to enable smooth growth of the Rest of the World market for failure analysis equipment at a formidable CAGR of 12.60% from 2013 to 2019. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The global failure analysis equipment market is expected to be valued at US$7.3 bn by 2019. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- By equipment, the transmission electron microscopes (TEM) segment will continue to lead and account for 36.22% of the market by 2019. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Officials say an equipment malfunction appears to have sparked a fire at a western Pennsylvania gas drilling site. (wgal.com)
- The malfunction, thought to have been a valve system failure, meant the amount of ozone being supplied to the shark tank increased. (deeperblue.com)
- Many monitoring devices must be equipped with a failure mode or an audible alarm, which can alert physicians and hospital personnel in the event of any malfunction. (medicalmalpractice.net)
- Research into advanced scientific phenomena requires highly refined and precise equipment in order to eliminate the risk of device malfunction or calibration errors leading to mistakes in the final data. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Medical equipment problems are extremely rare, but products can fail or malfunction. (emedtv.com)
- We had our first equipment malfunction of the new year when the hinge that holds the dust cover snapped. (prudentgroove.com)
- Unable to Provide Service: A catastrophic failure or equipment malfunction at a NEXTDC data centre could result in the Company not being able to provide power and cooling to support our customers' equipment, thus breaching our service level agreements and incurring contractual liabilities. (scholaryessay.com)
- In the fault diagnosis expert system, expert system fault library is the core, and embodies the level of expert systems, but the failure or malfunction of the construction of the library access to knowledge has become the bottleneck of building expert systems. (icfull.com)
- TUESDAY, June 12, 2018 (HealthDay News) - Active failures frequently occur in infectious agent transmission-based precautions, including personal protective equipment (PPE) use, according to a study published online June 11 in JAMA Internal Medicine . (physiciansweekly.com)
- The United States Failure Analysis Equipment Industry 2016 Deep Market Research Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the Failure Analysis Equipment industry. (bigmarketresearch.com)
- Production equipment does not talk to operators to tell them when it is operating normally and when it is going to fail, so it is usually a disaster if downtime occurs due to equipment failure. (digitimes.com)
- The company has virtually eliminated unscheduled downtime due to mechanical failures. (skf.com)
- IBM Watson IoT Acoustic Insights uses acoustic pattern recognition technology to help manufacturers non-destructively and non-intrusively improve quality and prevent costly equipment downtime. (ibm.com)
- For the most critical equipment, where unplanned downtime has a major impact on production and repair costs are high, it is possible to build custom predictive models. (ibm.com)
- In order to avoid the serious consequences of unplanned downtime, you need to understand why your plant or factory experiences equipment failure. (qmillwright.com)
- Downtime software (equipment failure tracking software) provides guidance to the maintenance manager targeting expensive problems resulting in increased availability and reliability. (maintsmart.com)
- Equipment failure tracking software (downtime software) is essential for identifying problem areas with equipment, personnel, scheduling and even product. (maintsmart.com)
- All of these factors may have an effect on equipment failures (downtime). (maintsmart.com)
- After 18 years in business MaintSmart CMMS software is still the only CMMS software system that contains a dedicated equipment failure tracking (downtime) module. (maintsmart.com)
- By tracking downtime as its own cost center the CMMS is able to use military standard reliability analysis to optimize you equipment availability. (maintsmart.com)
- Additonally OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) is derived from the downtime data providing valuable KPIs such as availability, equipment performance and product quality. (maintsmart.com)
- Equipment failure data yields powerful decision-making reports and charts with downtime SQL query, OEE and reliability analysis. (maintsmart.com)
- Downtime software data points are all data associated with the equipment (location, department, line, etc.) as well as mechanic shift, operator shift, down time type. (maintsmart.com)
- The downtime software functions include SQL grouped category analysis, crosstab analysis, top worst/best analysis, AMSAA reliability analysis (military standard) and OEE (overall equipment effectiveness). (maintsmart.com)
- Alternatively if the maintenance manager prefers to accrue the parts expense against down time for the purposes of easily tracking all equipment failure expenses it is fine to link the spares to the downtime record itself. (maintsmart.com)
- Despite such routine services, manufacturers are still uncertain about the reliability of their production equipment as there is still no guarantee that the equipment will be fail-proof after the services. (digitimes.com)
- This analysis can then allow the user to take preventative action measures in order to improve the reliability of the system and minimize future failures. (photonics.com)
- Developed by Cepel, the main objective of the software is the modeling of the probability of failure of an equipment, and, from this, the calculation of quantities relevant to the study of reliability, such as average life, percentiles and failure rate. (cepel.br)
- In a continuous effort to increase equipment reliability and reduce operating costs, a global producer of paper chose to implement selected key reliability strategies, including SKF Operator Driven Reliability (ORD), throughout the company. (skf.com)
- Having operators perform simple routine tasks and first pass fixes, their reliability and maintenance personnel have additional time to focus on more complex equipment problems. (skf.com)
- In Guidelines for Design Solutions to Process Equipment Failures, industry experts offer their broad experience in identifying numerous solutions to the more common process equipment failures including inherent safer/passive, active, and procedural solutions, in decreasing order of robustness and reliability. (researchandmarkets.com)
- Building on the strengths of previous predictive maintenance solutions, IBM PMO focuses on the needs of the reliability engineer to identify and manage risks that could result in failure or a halt in operations. (ibm.com)
- A reliability engineer can build a model to determine remaining equipment life and improve maintenance strategy. (ibm.com)
- Simply put, IBM PMO allows reliability personnel to gain an understanding of all factors that affect equipment performance. (ibm.com)
- This is why it's important to ensure equipment reliability and timely maintenance. (qmillwright.com)
- The reliability analysis module yield powerful MTBF (mean time between failure) and failure rate. (maintsmart.com)
- The well-known techniques of reliability engineering are used to determine failure rates for equipment and related parts. (boxley-detling-grovegreen-churches.org.uk)
- By removing and preventing failure causes from arising throughout the life-cycle you ensure that the operating life of the machinery and equipment always reaches the utmost reliability possible. (lifetime-reliability.com)
- If you want additional help predicting and preventing equipment failures, you can download two chapters of the book for free that deal with equipment failure and reliability. (onupkeep.com)
- Our equipment failure codes have helped organizations across the globe jumpstart their asset reliability initiatives. (usesynergy.com)
- The failure may be due to defects or improper use. (harvard.edu)
- Modern healthcare equipment needs to be checked extensively for product defects before sale, which has led to rising demand for failure analysis equipment. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Whether inadequate lubrication, component defects or poor maintenance practices are to blame, routine oil analysis combined with wear debris analysis can indicate a pending failure. (machinerylubrication.com)
- The BHC3 Predictive Asset Maintenance machine learning application employs advanced clustering, classification, and prediction analytics to identify conditions associated with failure and project failure likelihood. (bakerhughesc3.ai)
- Zero in on asset failures based on their equipment class, problem, and failure reason. (usesynergy.com)
- A metallurgical failure analysis was requested after an accident occurred during the construction of a water tower. (metallurgist.com)
- Metallurgical failure analysis and/or root cause analysis is often required to provide the answers as to causation of the subject failures. (metallurgist.com)
- Follow the links to the metallurgical failures listed below for more information about J.E.I. Metallurgical, Inc. accident investigation and failure analysis related to industrial equipment accidents. (metallurgist.com)
- It takes large amounts of data from machines and analyzes it for patterns that can help predict equipment failure. (ibm.com)
- The paper includes the results of a forensic case study illustrating the way in which a catastrophic bearing failure, costing millions of euros in critical equipment down-time could easily have been avoided had the two-stage condition monitoring methodology been applied. (onepetro.org)
- NHS Connecting for Health, which is in charge of the IT services in NHS conveyed that Trusts in North-West England and the West Midlands were interrupted due to the failure of equipment that rendered the patient administration systems inaccessible. (bio-medicine.org)
- These types of failures can occur at any point during the system's life cycle. (machinerylubrication.com)
- This information is used to optimize maintenance efforts, ensuring the right equipment is always available. (ibm.com)
- Infant mortality is a special equipment failure mode that shows the probability of failure being highest when the equipment is first started, but reduces as time goes on. (onupkeep.com)
- If you're wondering how humidity control reduces failure rates in equipment, don't forget the high end of the relative humidity spectrum. (condair.com)
- All in all, any application can benefit from how humidity control reduces failure rates in equipment. (condair.com)
- We can assist you by having our legal and investigative team immediately preserve the records or the evidence of any faulty equipment involved in your medical care. (medicalmalpractice.net)
- Improper fall protection results in deaths every year, so if you or a loved one were harmed by faulty equipment while working, contact a personal injury attorney from the Cambridge law firm of Altman & Altman LLP today. (altmanllp.com)
- you end up replacing the faulty equipment. (enhstudios.com)
- it's the man-hours spent diagnosing and trying to fix the faulty equipment. (enhstudios.com)
- DOWNERS GROVE - Equipment failure caused the power outages that affected 654 customers Tuesday in Downers Grove, a ComEd spokesperson said. (mysuburbanlife.com)
- Flexible logic so it can detect millisecond blips, (useful for computer equipment) or only report power outages longer than 10 seconds. (cannonwater.com)
- Oct 01 2009 · The bad news hasnt changed: Boiler tube failures are still the leading cause of forced outages in coal-fired boilers. (boxley-detling-grovegreen-churches.org.uk)
- And believe it or not: old equipment is one of the leading causes of outages in many organizations. (enhstudios.com)
- By product type, the global failure analysis equipment market is segmented into transmission electron microscopes, scanning electron microscopes, focused ion beam systems, and dual beam systems. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Our on-site laboratory supports testing and analysis investigation techniques, and is equipped with the appropriate tools, cameras and microscopes, allowing our equipment failure expert to perform reliable inspections of the evidence. (proaaci.com)
- This is due to the wide use of failure analysis equipment such as scanning electron microscopes (SEM), transmission electron microscopes (TEM) and dual beam systems (FIB/SEM) among others in advance processing required in the field of nanotechnology. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Subtle audio deviations can detect equipment degradation before it fails to give advanced warning. (ibm.com)
- Before your equipment fails entirely, work towards developing and implementing an effective and realistic preventive maintenance strategy. (qmillwright.com)
- even when the equipment fails. (enhstudios.com)
- Our in-depth analysis is geared towards finding out why equipment fails and who could be held at fault. (proaaci.com)
- On May 26, 2004, a Kinder Morgan pipeline at Pasadena, Texas, had a "significant event" due to a weld failure. (wikipedia.org)
- A complication of cardiac catheterization ('cardiac cath') worth noting relates to the failure of mechanical medical equipment. (emedtv.com)
- The importance of preventing complete system failure as a consequence of partial discharge occurrences has been fully acknowledged at the beginning of the past century. (streetdirectory.com)
- An equipment maintenance system generates a model of equipment and components of each piece of equipment. (freepatentsonline.com)
- The equipment maintenance system may then determine estimated failure information for each component based on a selected statistical model. (freepatentsonline.com)
- The equipment maintenance system may also generate a maintenance schedule based on the determined estimated failure information for each component of the equipment. (freepatentsonline.com)
- In one embodiment, the equipment maintenance system displays the equipment maintenance information. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Liquids such as fuel and coolants will contribute to system failures in engines. (machinerylubrication.com)
- WCNC) As lawsuits make their way through the legal system, a doctor in Charlotte, North Carolina is trying to prevent the massive equipment failures that led to last year's loss of thousands of frozen eggs and embryos at two facilities in two different states. (myhighplains.com)
- During August we experienced significant equipment failure of a specialist ventilation system vital for complex operations. (thesouthernreporter.co.uk)
- Knight Equipment Power Bowl Ultra Is A Solid Detergent Dispensing System for Dishwashing or Laundry MachinesThe Knight Power Bowl Ultra Series offers three economical models for dispensing solid. (cannonwater.com)
- Shortly after commissioning, that equipment failed, causing a major failure to part of our client's system, with a drastic impact on the facility as a whole. (whitehead-monckton.co.uk)
- Simultaneously, the facility monitoring system detected loss of the PT signal and initiated equipment shutdown. (h2tools.org)
- Therefore the boiler drum is identified as the most critical equipment of the BF system with a failure rate of 0.000045 (failures/h). (boxley-detling-grovegreen-churches.org.uk)
- As a closed-loop system that learns based on field feedback, BakerHughesC3.ai solutions allow operators to apply predictive maintenance algorithms at scale while generating increasingly accurate and relevant results for their specific equipment environments. (bakerhughesc3.ai)
- We invite you to contact us today to learn more about our FIB Services and our latest failure analysis equipment the DCG Optifib-IV System! (sagefalab.com)
-  Conventionally, in multi-step production lines for semiconductor devices, thin film devices and the like, various in-line inspections are performed with a view to achieving improvement of product quality and stabilization of equipment, and there is introduced a system for determining an abnormal step or equipment unit that causes a product failure or the like based on inspection information acquired by the in-line inspections. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- How do you analyze the causes of equipment failures? (taproot.com)
Demand for Failure Analysis Equipment1
- The use of nanotechnology is swiftly rising and with it, the demand for failure analysis equipment is also anticipated to grow. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
Global failure analysis equipment market11
- The global failure analysis equipment market is dominated by companies such as JEOL Ltd., FEI Company, Hitachi High-Technologies Europe GmbH, and Carl Zeiss SMT GmbH. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- According to Transparency Market Research (TMR), these four industry giants accounted for a whopping 80.6% of the global failure analysis equipment market in 2012. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The consolidation of the global failure analysis equipment market is likely to make it progressively more difficult for new players to enter and establish themselves in the market. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The increasing funding being allocated to research and education avenues across the world is a key driver for the global failure analysis equipment market. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The rising demand for medical technology in dynamic Asia Pacific economies is another key driver for the global failure analysis equipment market. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The introduction of these systems could also have a trickle-down effect on the global failure analysis equipment market, with the costs of standalone electron microscopy dropping to affordable levels for smaller players in the market. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The report offers the vital information regarding the overall global Failure Analysis Equipment market along with statistical, segmentation, and regional data that can help one recognize suitable business intelligence requirements and in decision-making. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The government regulations and investments along with the industrial policies help the global Failure Analysis Equipment market surge. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The global Failure Analysis Equipment market research report provides a detailed study of the Failure Analysis Equipment market. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The global failure analysis equipment market is consolidated with the top four players accounting for almost 80% of the market. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The semiconductors manufacturing segment will account for 23.81% of the global failure analysis equipment market. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The partial discharge process occurs in electrical equipment submitted to high voltage stress. (streetdirectory.com)
- The partial discharge process can be very hazardous to high voltage equipment. (streetdirectory.com)
- Once the partial discharge process commences there is a high probability that the high voltage equipment will end up failing entirely. (streetdirectory.com)
- This is accomplished by extracting information concerning equipment health from fine wear debris at an early stage in the wear process, where such information has previously only been available by the analysis of large wear debris particles at a much later stage in the equipment wear cycle. (onepetro.org)
- The researchers observed 283 failures, including 102 violations, 144 process or procedural mistakes, and 37 slips. (physiciansweekly.com)
- Did you know there are millions of pieces of equipment in any process facility? (energynow.com)
- Includes a secure screw-mounting tab for critical process monitoring equipment, freezers, heaters, pumps , fans and more. (cannonwater.com)
- Failure to establish the first library by knowledge engineers from experts in the field test equipment get in the diagnostic process or by obtained from the user knowledge, knowledge acquisition module and then sent to the knowledge repository. (icfull.com)
- Failure analysis equipment simplifies the process of research and education, thus driving their demand. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- If you or a loved one was injured due to malfunctioning or defective equipment contact us today, we may be able to help you secure compensation. (jmlawyer.com)
- It is a race against time because equipment shutdown also means production halt with far-reaching consequences. (digitimes.com)
- Different from traditional time-based maintenance, equipment monitoring is all about using real-time status checks to constantly stay aware of equipment conditions during operation. (digitimes.com)
- 6. The method of claim 1, wherein the equipment maintenance information comprises at least one of mean time to failure of the equipment, mean time to repair the equipment, maintenance cost of the equipment, or intervals for scheduled maintenance of the equipment. (freepatentsonline.com)
- PG&E initially estimated that the time of restoration would be around 10:45 p.m., but after crews began working on repairing the equipment failures, they said they expect power for most to be restored by around 10:15 p.m. (cbslocal.com)
- EADS had previously promised to pay compensation for failing to deliver the promised equipment on time - but had now withdrawn the offer, Mr Pickles claimed. (birminghammail.co.uk)
- During this time, the highest incidence of failure persists. (machinerylubrication.com)
- This new approach has the potential to avoid costly, unscheduled, equipment down-time due to the unpredicted failure of critical equipment or equally costly false alarms when equipment is unnecessarily removed from service. (onepetro.org)
- The ability to collect data including failures, maintenance history, time stamps, metrics, and events is another valuable capability of this new solution. (ibm.com)
- A: If somebody who rented a car or some equipment doesn't give it back by the time they have to, the company can file the request as it being stolen. (texasmexicolaw.com)
- Equipment breakdowns cost valuable production time and often result in lost product. (maintsmart.com)
- Knowing which equipment items are costing your company the most money, not just in repair labor and parts but also in lost manufacturing time and product. (maintsmart.com)
- how often and what percentage is the chance of failure over a specified time period. (maintsmart.com)
- Do you want to find and correct problems (not just equipment problems) quickly and save time and money? (maintsmart.com)
- Equipment failure tracking records are also stamped with the user name who logged the down time instance. (maintsmart.com)
- It is found that the maximum failure rate of the boiler under consideration is (0.000742) and it occurs when the operation time reaches about seven months. (boxley-detling-grovegreen-churches.org.uk)
- We all have them from time to time, and the worst part is: you can never anticipate when it will happen: Equipment Failures. (enhstudios.com)
- More often than not, we spend more time diagnosing equipment failures than fixing them. (enhstudios.com)
- it's an upfront cost yes, but you will never have to think about down-time due to equipment failures. (enhstudios.com)
- For a limited time, we are proudly offering a free consultation to learn about your FIB needs and help you to assess how Sage can solve your Failure Analysis Service needs. (sagefalab.com)
- As such, companies are trying to cut down the price for product maintenance and operating costs in order to increase their operating margins and at the same time provide end users the equipment at comparatively lower price than before. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Eventually, the probability of failure levels off after time. (onupkeep.com)
- The high voltage equipment may even completely fail after such an occurrence. (streetdirectory.com)
- When respirators, tools, and other equipment fail, it's often the firefighter who becomes the one who needs assistance. (jasondmills.com)
- Equipment that is manufactured, assembled, and/or installed improperly, can fail shortly after being in service. (onupkeep.com)
- Equipment that is poorly designed or equipment that is restarted improperly can fail early in its life. (onupkeep.com)
- All of the above examples can be used to show how equipment-old and new-can fail early after being newly manufactured, re-manufactured, overhauled, or serviced in some way. (onupkeep.com)
Overall Equipment Eff2
- One facility within this organization has improved their Overall Equipment Effectiveness by 2%, recognizing nearly a $2,000,000 savings, while reducing maintenance spend by 20% and major equipment failure by 25% by implementing ODR. (skf.com)
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) is yet another powerful KPI found only in MaintSmart CMMS software. (maintsmart.com)
- As such, the question is whether there is a preemptive way to solve the problem before a failure occurs and results in production line shutdown. (digitimes.com)
- However, to a manufacturer, when production equipment failure occurs, it is not as easy as changing a belt. (digitimes.com)
- Because partial discharge occurs randomly and unexpectedly, regular partial discharge analysis is highly recommended with any piece of high voltage equipment. (streetdirectory.com)
- The supreme court considered two propositions of law: (1) whether the definition of equipment safety guard is limited to protecting operators, and (2) whether the deliberate removal of an equipment safety guard occurs only when there is evidence that the employer made a deliberate decision to lift, push aside, take off or otherwise eliminate the guard from the machine. (shrm.org)
- Often it isn't until premature failure occurs that an in-depth investigation will ensue. (machinerylubrication.com)
- Organizations that have critical equipment of similar type or class (e.g., generators, motors, pumps, robots) can use the pre-built app. (ibm.com)
- One of the largest oil and gas producers in the United States launched the first phase of deployment of BHC3 Predictive Maintenance™ for its oilfield equipment in just 12 weeks, demonstrating the capability of software analytics to accurately forecast equipment failure and improve condition-based maintenance of their beam pumps. (bakerhughesc3.ai)
- Much like a doctor using diagnostic instruments to check a patient's physiological data, equipment monitoring makes use of various types of sensors to gather equipment health data such as electric current, vibration and noise to determine if it is functioning normally. (digitimes.com)
- BHC3 Predictive Maintenance employs machine learning based algorithms to enhance failure prediction and diagnostic capabilities. (bakerhughesc3.ai)
- This comprehensive data integration and analysis gives oilfield service teams a complete weeks-ahead view of emerging equipment maintenance requirements, with detailed supporting data and diagnostic tools to support maintenance decision making. (bakerhughesc3.ai)
- According to expert knowledge and experience to provide the characteristics of test equipment, by way of direct access, interactive way to get access to valuable diagnostic information. (icfull.com)
- Employing the latest developments in analytical algorithms, machine learning, data integration, and cloud-scale infrastructure, the joint team implemented three machine learning classifiers, one for each beam pump failure mode (rod, pump, and tubing) and applied 650 analytic features to predict failures. (bakerhughesc3.ai)
- Tens of millions of Americans descended on the polls today as election watchdogs reported hours-long lines, sporadic equipment failures and confusion about polling places - but few signs so far of violence or voter intimidation. (wltx.com)
- Among them, equipment monitoring technology can produce immediate results for the Taiwan manufacturing industry. (digitimes.com)
- A firefighter was injured while fighting a blaze in Mississippi and officials are currently looking into equipment failure as the reason for the 28-year-old man's injuries. (finneylawoffice.com)
Piece of equipment3
- A piece of equipment that spits out the dummy and refuses to do anything is rather less dangerous than one that, on the face of it, is doing its job, but actually is getting it wrong. (sciblogs.co.nz)
- Three captive sharks have died and another is in critical condition today after a vital piece of equipment in their tank failed. (deeperblue.com)
- If a vital piece of equipment has experienced failure, you can trust the equipment failure expert from the industry specialists at Professional Analysis and Consulting. (proaaci.com)
- This innovative digital imaging hardware enables on-site maintenance professionals not only to reliably size and count but also to analyse wear debris particles as small as 5 microns, offering timely equipment health information that few laboratories can match. (onepetro.org)
- Equipment monitors patient's vital signs and is sometimes designed to administer life-sustaining treatments. (medicalmalpractice.net)
- For instance, should any equipment failure or unexpected emergency happen on a semiconductor manufacturing line that is supposed to operate around the clock, resulting in production shutdown, it could result in a multi-million-dollar loss. (digitimes.com)
- An early failure event may be the result of inadequate lubrication. (machinerylubrication.com)
- Several bolts had failed in a pure tensile ductile dimple rupture fracture mode with very limited shear lip, as shown in Photograph A. These bolt failures were the result of excessive joint constraint. (metallurgist.com)
- As a result of the come-along chain failure, the bolts holding each crane section failed in a variety of fracture modes. (metallurgist.com)
- Thus, the final separation of the derrick boom sections occurred as a result of failure of the section attachment bolts from stresses applied as the subject crane boom dropped and struck the water tank wall. (metallurgist.com)
- Because equipment failure can quickly result is countless injuries, and even fatalities, it's absolutely crucial that owners of equipment (or those tasked with maintaining equipment) conduct regular inspections, thoroughly address and rectify any malfunctioning equipment as soon as a problem is detected, complete preventative maintenance to avoid injury or death, and use historical data and ongoing observations to predict any issues that are likely to arise. (jmlawyer.com)
- Sage has experienced a growing demand in failure analysis services in 2014 and as a result has focused their attention to the market demand. (sagefalab.com)
-  In the technique of JP 2005-197629 A, a report display screen is presented to report a user on the result of determination of problematic equipment candidates. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Coastal Power & Equipment advise consumers that how they can ensure food safety during a power outage. (webnewswire.com)
- Xcel Energy technicians inspect the Ayer Street substation Wednesday morning, where a power regulator failure caused a one-hour outage to around 1,500 customers in Ironwood. (yourdailyglobe.com)
- When there's a component microstructure failure that ruins the material-of-construction in a critical part of a machine the machine breaks down Every part in a machine can be failed by destroying its atomic network and by wrecking its microstructure-let that happen and you make a machine breakdown and you operations suffers a forced outage. (lifetime-reliability.com)
- Damages to cranes and heavy equipment can also arise from improper design, operation, use, and maintenance. (rimkus.com)
- Furthermore, Big data analytics can assist in the prediction of potential failure risks so that operators can make a preemptive response by adjusting production lines before the failure actually happens to prevent the production from being halted due to unexpected failure and thus enhance production stability. (digitimes.com)
- An equipment failure disrupted the functioning of 80 NHS Hospital Trusts on Sunday, thankfully no patient data was hampered. (bio-medicine.org)
- The present market report provides a detailed analysis and data about the Failure Analysis Equipment market statistical study, the leading companies, growth factors, and regional analysis. (ndmcolumns.com)
- To address this risk, all of NEXTDC's data centres are designed and built with sufficient redundancy in place (including redundant paths for power and cooling) to enable components to go off-line and be repaired or maintained without affecting our customers' IT equipment. (scholaryessay.com)
- In this deployment, the team integrated daily sensor readings from oilfield equipment and unstructured data (e.g., field notes and operator comments) from maintenance work orders. (bakerhughesc3.ai)
- For the components P, make sure each of the output caused by failure characterized by e, that the output of a combination of data measurement points. (icfull.com)
- All the Equipment Failure Codes you need are included in the Synergy Master Data Library. (usesynergy.com)
- No other CMMS software can do what MaintSmart does with resolving equipment failure issues. (maintsmart.com)
- A promising opportunity for failure analysis equipment manufacturers lies in the development of technological advances such as correlative light and electron microscopy and super-resolution microscopy. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- With the development of advanced technologies such as super-resolution microscopy and correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM) and the per capita incomes rising in APAC, the adoption rate of these equipment will rise. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The high initial costs required in the failure analysis equipment industry are also likely to make it harder for new players to enter the industry in the coming years," explained TMR's lead analyst. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- On the other hand, the heavy dependence of failure analysis equipment manufacturers on raw material prices and the lack of significant backward integration among the key players are likely to boost the bargaining power of suppliers in the coming years. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- This has necessitated the use of advanced failure analysis equipment and is likely to remain a key end-use segment of the market in the coming years. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- On the flip side, the high level of technical sophistication in failure analysis equipment devices results in high costs. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- While this is not a determinant concern in developed countries, developing countries may find it unfeasible to fund large-scale installation of failure analysis equipment. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The market research report offers the information regarding the factors that propel the growth of the Failure Analysis Equipment industry. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The Failure Analysis Equipment market comprises of major companies which play an important role in the manufacturing, production, product sales, distribution, and supply of the products in order to meet the supply and demand chain. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The segmentation of the Failure Analysis Equipment market is basically reported based on the type, end-use industry, market size, mode of transport, and application. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The report provides the factors expected to propel the Failure Analysis Equipment market growth around the globe. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The statistical study provided in the report gives detailed information regarding the regional industrial growth and also the capital earned through the growth and development of the Failure Analysis Equipment market. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The current report discusses on the Failure Analysis Equipment market major industries, demand, supply, industry growth rate, and regions. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The research analysis mentioned in the report includes various factors such as a detailed description of the Failure Analysis Equipment market, segmentation, significant growth factors, regional analysis, and competitive companies. (ndmcolumns.com)
- The Failure Analysis Equipment market analysis is provided for the United States markets including development trends, competitive landscape analysis, and key regions development status. (bigmarketresearch.com)
- The Failure Analysis Equipment industry development trends and marketing channels are analyzed. (bigmarketresearch.com)
- Sage Analytical Lab is proud to offer it's latest and most modern failure analysis equipment tailored for FIB Services. (sagefalab.com)
- This is expected to drive the failure analysis equipment market. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- There must be evidence that an employer made a careful and thorough decision to get rid of or eliminate an equipment safety guard. (shrm.org)
- Coastal Power & Equipment provide major brands of new and pre-owned generators including Multiquip, Katolight, EMD, Perkins, John Deere, Cat and more. (webnewswire.com)
- In evidence to a House of Commons inquiry, he accused The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS), which was awarded a £200 million contract to provide state-of-the-art computer equipment, of trying to back out of the deal. (birminghammail.co.uk)
- Companies have an obligation to ensure the equipment they provide to their employees has been rigorously checked for safety, especially when those safety precautions are intended to save lives. (altmanllp.com)
- Note: This is a power monitor only and does not provide power to equipment. (cannonwater.com)
- In a recent Court of Appeal case, it has been held that a failure by a landlord to provide a gas saf. (whitehead-monckton.co.uk)
- The factors that contributed to these failures varied widely, suggesting the need for a range of strategies to reduce potential transmission risk during routine hospital care," the authors write. (physiciansweekly.com)
- It also recommends actions to take based on predictive scoring and identification of factors that positively and negatively influence equipment health. (ibm.com)
- This provides a detailed comparison of historical factors affecting equipment performance. (ibm.com)
- A quest for a defect-free operation requires an effort to systematically reduce the current equipment failure rates. (boxley-detling-grovegreen-churches.org.uk)
- A first defect distribution superimposed image is formed by superimposing defect distributions on individual substrates processed by a causal equipment unit candidate on one another. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- Second defect distribution superimposed images are formed by superimposing, on one another, defect distributions on individual substrates processed by equipment units other than the causal equipment unit candidate in one same step as that executed by the causal equipment unit candidate. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- anda second display section for listing and displaying, for each one of the defect distribution patterns, a third defect distribution superimposed image corresponding to the defect distribution pattern, and causal equipment unit candidate information representing causal equipment unit candidates corresponding to the defect distribution pattern, together on the display screen. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- For example, JP 2005-197629 A discloses a technique that defect distribution states of product substrates are classified based on information acquired by a pattern defect inspection, which is one of the in-line inspections, followed by performing common path analysis as to the similarity level of the defect distribution states by using production history information, by which problematic equipment candidates are specifically determined. (patentsencyclopedia.com)
- The failure was caused by a material defect in the pipe. (wikipedia.org)
- The analysis helps them identify the state of current production equipment and identifies impending failure. (ibm.com)
- Certain industries rely on equipment to conduct business, like the construction industry, which uses forklifts, scaffolds, cranes, bulldozers and other large machines on a daily basis. (jmlawyer.com)
- Firefighters who can't rely on their personal protective equipment cannot effectively rescue and care for accident victims and others who depend on their lifesaving assistance. (jasondmills.com)
- However, the lift was not checked for leaks in the hydraulic lines and suffers a total failure, causing the lift to suddenly and violently fall to the ground, resulting in grave injuries. (altmanllp.com)
- After the incident, an email was sent to the fire chief in order to discuss the possibility that the injuries were caused because of a failure in equipment. (finneylawoffice.com)
- This information provides a full picture for assessing past, present, and future equipment performance and needs. (ibm.com)
- Quality Millwright provides industrial preventive maintenance expertise to a diverse range of industries and helps them ensure a failure-free future. (qmillwright.com)
- Know your equipment: past, present, and future. (usesynergy.com)
- A workaround method of trying to restart the engine aboard a scallop dragger last year led to a series of problems and ultimately the catastrophic failure of Atlantic Destiny, a Transportation Safety Board investigation has found. (cbc.ca)
- A combination of maintenance gaps, a broken emergency stop mechanism and the actions of an inexperienced crew member were to blame for the catastrophic engine failure aboard scallop dragger Atlantic Destiny last year, a Transportation Safety Board investigation has found. (cbc.ca)
- During the course of an investigation by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employee Benefits Security Administration, the agency found that from 2007 to 2009, Covenant Equipment Corp. and Mark Sowka failed in their fiduciary responsibility to forward $21,348.14 in employee contributions to the plan in a timely manner and also allowed the funds to be commingled with general company assets. (dol.gov)
- When applied to pipes and equipment, this investigation usually involves studying the damage mechanisms. (hydrocarbonprocessing.com)
- Investigation of the failure subsequently revealed that a faulty digital readout had allowed the cylinder to be over-pressurized. (h2tools.org)