Durable Medical Equipment
Errors or mistakes committed by health professionals which result in harm to the patient. They include errors in diagnosis (DIAGNOSTIC ERRORS), errors in the administration of drugs and other medications (MEDICATION ERRORS), errors in the performance of surgical procedures, in the use of other types of therapy, in the use of equipment, and in the interpretation of laboratory findings. Medical errors are differentiated from MALPRACTICE in that the former are regarded as honest mistakes or accidents while the latter is the result of negligence, reprehensible ignorance, or criminal intent.
Equipment and Supplies
The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)
Animal Testing Alternatives
Health Facility Environment
Nursing Administration Research
Research concerned with establishing costs of nursing care, examining the relationships between nursing services and quality patient care, and viewing problems of nursing service delivery within the broader context of policy analysis and delivery of health services (from a national study, presented at the 1985 Council on Graduate Education for Administration in Nursing (CGEAN) meeting).
Practice Management, Medical
Practice Management, Dental
Federal program, created by Public Law 89-97, Title XVIII-Health Insurance for the Aged, a 1965 amendment to the Social Security Act, that provides health insurance benefits to persons over the age of 65 and others eligible for Social Security benefits. It consists of two separate but coordinated programs: hospital insurance (MEDICARE PART A) and supplementary medical insurance (MEDICARE PART B). (Hospital Administration Terminology, AHA, 2d ed and A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, US House of Representatives, 1976)
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
The process of minimizing risk to an organization by developing systems to identify and analyze potential hazards to prevent accidents, injuries, and other adverse occurrences, and by attempting to handle events and incidents which do occur in such a manner that their effect and cost are minimized. Effective risk management has its greatest benefits in application to insurance in order to avert or minimize financial liability. (From Slee & Slee: Health care terms, 2d ed)
United States Federal Trade Commission
Health Care Costs
The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.
"Best Management Practice #7: Faucets and Showerheads". Energy.gov. Retrieved 16 December 2020. Williams, Alison; Dunham ... "National Efficiency Standards and Specifications for Residential and Commercial Water-Using Fixtures and Appliances". nwf.org. ... "Water Efficiency Technology Fact Sheet Composting Toilets" (PDF). epa.gov. EPA. Retrieved 16 December 2020. Ball, Jeffrey. " ... Faucets that meet energy efficiency standards for WaterSense mustn't use more than 1.5 gpm, a 32% decrease in flow rate over ...
Thirdly, regulators must ensure that the regulated monopolistic firm utilizes efficient management practices. Here a regulator ... To promote consumer efficiency, prices should reflect marginal costs; however, this must also be balanced with the first ... This case generally allowed states to regulate certain businesses and practices within their borders, including railroads, ... efficiencies a specific firm is able to utilize relative to the average firm in the economy, and the inflation in a firm's ...
Two types of agricultural management practices include organic agriculture and conventional agriculture. The former encourages ... The amount varies according to the efficiency of the process. The figure for the United Kingdom is over 2 kilograms of carbon ... better soil management (i.e. no-till agriculture) and use more organic fertilizers. Management of soil fertility has ... "Environmental Impact of Different Agricultural Management Practices: Conventional vs. Organic Agriculture". Critical Reviews in ...
... claims it is the "first true cloud-based practice management system in the world." The premise of Actionstep is that ... Actionstep contains workflow automation features aimed at increasing office efficiency. These automated processes include ... Actionstep is an online legal practice management software for law firms and compliance focused businesses. Actionstep allows ... Through Actionstep's tenure as a practice management software they have gradually expanded from their headquarters in New ...
Knowledge Management Research & Practice Simulated versus real life data in testing the efficiency of scheduling algorithms ( ... a synthesis of research and practice". Knowledge Management Research & Practice. 6 (4): 298-311. doi:10.1057/kmrp.2008.18. ... Academy of Management 2013 Best Papers Proceedings. Academy of Management (Submission #11785). AOM 2013 Annual Meeting, Lake ... and European Journal of Innovation Management. Amar is a professor of management at the W. Paul Stillman School of Business at ...
Economy Act of March 20, 1933
ISBN 1-58544-548-7 Tomanelli, Steven N. Appropriations Law: Principles and Practice. Vienna, Va.: Management Concepts, 2003. ... The Economy Act also gave the President limited authority to reorganize executive branch agencies to achieve efficiency, but ... Institutionalizing Congress and the Presidency: The U.S. Bureau of Efficiency, 1916-1933. College Station, Tex.: Texas A&M ... Executive Reorganization and Reform in the New Deal: The Genesis of Administrative Management, 1900-1939. Cambridge, Mass.: ...
Leonard J. Marcus
"Beyond the Malaise of American Medicine," in: The Journal of Medical Practice Management, 16:5, March/April 2001 Marcus, ... Conflict Resolution and Managed Care: The Challenge of Achieving Both Equity and Efficiency. Washington, D.C.: National ... and also serves as lecturer on Public Health Practice. Since 2003 he is also co-director of the National Preparedness ... the first initiative of its kind to mediate medical practice disputes directly between patients and physicians. In recent years ...
National Academy of Construction
... through training government and corporate officials and contractors in good construction and contract management practices. ... Improve safety, efficiency and productivity of the Indian construction industry. Upgrade knowledge and skills of construction ... Construction safety management through structured safety management courses. Quality supervision, stores management and quality ... Higher level: In-service engineers from government departments, major contracting firms, consultancy firms and practicing ...
In the Name of Efficiency: Management Theory and Shopfloor Practice in Data Processing Work. Philadelphia: Temple University ... 46 (6): 1. doi:10.14452/MR-046-06-1994-10_1. Participatory design : principles and practices. Schuler, Douglas., Namioka, Aki. ... In the Name of Efficiency is considered a core text in the field of labor studies, while Design at Work, her most cited piece ... Journal of Management Studies. 22 (5): 429-465. doi:10.1111/j.1467-6486.1985.tb00007.x. ISSN 0022-2380. Asaro, Peter M. ( ...
Central Institute of Road Transport
To introduce modern organizational management principles and practices in the area of public transportation. To provide a ... To provide consultancy services for the improvement of organizational and operational efficiency. To provide training to ... Traffic Management, Materials Management, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, ... Germany and holds memberships with the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) and the Association of Management ...
... stronger awareness of risk practices; a reinforced corporate governance regime and internal audit efficiency improvements. Some ... The Institute of Internal Auditors based its control self-assessment methodology on the Total Quality Management approaches of ... Professional Practice Pamphlet 98-2 A Perspective on Control Self-Assessment (PDF). Florida: The Institute of Internal Auditors ... In particular section 4.5 of the Code of Practice contained within the report required that the directors of a company should ...
Economy Act of 1932
Steven N. Tomanelli (2003). Appropriations law : principles and practice. Vienna, Va.: Management Concepts. ISBN 1567261213. ... Lee, Mordecai, 1948- (2006). Institutionalizing Congress and the presidency : the U.S. Bureau of Efficiency, 1916-1933 (1st ed ...
Two types of agricultural management practices include organic agriculture and conventional agriculture. The former encourages ... "Fertilizer-N use efficiency and nitrate pollution of groundwater in developing countries". Journal of Contaminant Hydrology. 20 ... Gomiero, T.; D. Pimental & M.G Paoletti (2011). "Environmental Impact of Different Agricultural Management Practices: ... Management of soil fertility has been the preoccupation of farmers for thousands of years. Egyptians, Romans, Babylonians, and ...
Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji
... unions were in constant dispute with the management and the unions strongly resisted any changes to work practices. Two reviews ... The principal objective of the reorganisation was to increase the CAAF's efficiency and rate of return on assets, while at the ... The main functions prescribed were the provision of air traffic management in Fiji and its flight information region; the ... A total of 49 Regulations were amended to comply with safety standards and recommended practices introduced by the ICAO ( ...
This laid the foundation for the new practice of knowledge management, or "KM", which evolved in the 1990s to support knowledge ... Increase Your Company's Competitiveness and Efficiency by Using Information as a Strategic Tool. New York: John Wiley & Sons. ... ISBN 0-88730-998-4. Drucker, Peter F. (1973). Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices. New York: Harper & Row. ISBN 0-06 ... content management and increasingly, social media." Palmer points to the emergence of Adaptive Case Management (also known as ...
North East of England Process Industry Cluster
They help improve resource efficiency, time management as well as bring in innovation in manufacturing practices." This notion ... and in March 2014 achieved the Gold Label standard for Cluster management under this quality management scheme. NEPIC is ... Safety Management, Disaster and Business Recovery Management, Engineering Equipment Suppliers, Laboratory Equipment Suppliers, ... It is this that pressurises Cluster organisations to meet the best practice of clusters in other regions. Such competition has ...
"Guidance for Conserving Oregon's Native Turtles including Best Management Practices" (PDF). Oregon Department of Fish and ... cited in Gamble, Tony (2006). "The relative efficiency of basking and hoop traps for painted turtles (Chrysemys picta)" (PDF). ... "Painted turtle". US Bureau of Land Management. Archived from the original on June 24, 2012. Retrieved 2011-01-02. They have ... cited in Gamble, Tony (2006). "The relative efficiency of basking and hoop traps for painted turtles (Chrysemys picta)" (PDF). ...
It can also help in assessing the environmental efficiency of best management practices and alternative management policies. ... SWAT (Soil & Water Assessment Tool) is a river basin scale model developed to quantify the impact of land management practices ... of such a model is to predict the long-term impacts in large basins of management and also timing of agricultural practices ... Storm Water Management Model Stochastic Empirical Loading and Dilution Model Swat-CUP ALMANAC (software model) "SWAT: Soil & ...
Audubon Society of Portland
The society is frequently consulted for expertise related to practical wildlife questions and wildlife management practices. ... It is one of the most highly rated charities of its kind, based on operational and organizational efficiency. ...
Arnold Air Force Base
The honor recognized AEDC's superior management of fish and wildlife resources, conservation practices and environmental ... The demonstration assessed the effectiveness of using a large MHD generator to boost coal's efficiency in producing electricity ... AEDC leaders began to emphasize strategic management, meeting in focus groups to consider the long-term health of the center. ... 1, 1997, AEDC assumed management for the former Navy Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel 9 in White Oak, Md. Other facilities that came ...
Soil in Kola Tembien
"Assessing the soil erosion control efficiency of land management practices implemented through free community labor ... Haftu Etsay, and colleagues (2019). "Factors that influence the implementation of sustainable land management practices by ... Nyssen, Jan; Frankl, Amaury; Zenebe, Amanuel; Deckers, Jozef; Poesen, Jean (2015). "Land management in the northern Ethiopian ... Soil Use and Management. 20: 55-64. doi:10.1111/j.1475-2743.2004.tb00337.x. Descheemaeker, K. and colleagues (2006). "Sediment ...
... can also use as organic waste management practice. Recent studies showed the potential of food industrial ... residues as soil amendments that can improve the efficiency of biosolarization. Stapleton, James J.; Elmore, Clyde L.; DeVay, ... The practice of biosolarization is being used among small agricultural operations in California. Biosolarization is a growing ... Pest Management Science. 73 (5): 862-873. doi:10.1002/ps.4354. ISSN 1526-4998. PMID 27391139. Achmon, Yigal; Harrold, Duff R.; ...
CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar)
CEB also offers law practice management programs, including "Making Sure You Get Paid: Accounts Receivable Management" which is ... Promote greater efficiency in the practice of law by providing instruction, publications, and other services for law office ... CEB also publishes books on law practice management topics. CEB also publishes more than 25 "Action Guides," which are short, ... CEB's practice guides and Action Guides are available online through OnLAW. OnLAW allows the user to search a book or a library ...
... productivity growth entails the adoption of new technologies and management practices that increase the efficiency of ... It can come about as a result of the increased efficiency of existing firms or as a result of the reallocation of resources ...
Lean Production for Competitive Advantage: A Comprehensive Guide to Lean Methodologies and Management Practices (Boca Raton, ... Appreciated intellectual capital Improved individual efficiency, Increased standardization of jobs, Heightened morale. Cellular ...
Triple P (parenting program)
Use self-management tools so that parents may change parenting practices for the better. This involves self-assessment of ... The multilevel nature of the program is designed to increase efficiency, minimize costs, and ensure dissemination. The design ... performance, setting goals, and choosing child management techniques. Promoting personal agency meaning that parents must learn ...
They collected in many software projects experiences with good and bad management practice that have an influence on the ... The difference between efficiency and effectiveness is usually explained informally as efficiency is doing things right and ... Efficiency and effectiveness are terms that provide further confusion as they themselves are often mixed up and, additionally, ... California Management Review, 1999, 41, 79-94 Ramírez, Y. W., Nembhard, D. A. Measuring knowledge worker productivity: A ...
Time management is the practice of systematically finishing tasks assigned by superiors or one's self in an efficient and ... Time management steps require identifying the objective and laying out a plan that maximizes efficiency and execution of the ... Error management training involves participants practicing the metacognitive activities of planning, monitoring, and evaluation ... An example of this in practice is "One Simple Thing", a goal-setting well-being practice employed by Google. Based initially on ...
... and labor efficiency in particular, from management practice. Many cost and financial accountants agree with Goldratt's ... Throughput Accounting is thus part of the management accountants' toolkit, ensuring efficiency where it matters as well as the ... Performance management, Paper f5. Kaplan publishing UK. Pg 17 Performance management, Paper f5. Kaplan publishing UK. Pg 17 ... Management accounting is an organization's internal set of techniques and methods used to maximize shareholder wealth. ...
2006). "Public Management: Old and New." Routledge. Raczkowski, K. (2016). "Public Management: Theory and Practice." Springer ... Comparative public management, through government performance auditing, examines the efficiency and effectiveness of two or ... Second-generation theorists drew upon private management practices for administrative sciences. A single, generic management ... Studying and teaching about public management are widely practiced in developed nations. Many entities study public management ...
Masanobu Fukuoka (1987). The Natural Way of Farming: The Theory and Practice of Green Philosophy. Japan Publications. ISBN 978- ... ANDERSON, M. KAT (2005-01-01). "Native American Knowledge and the Management of California's Natural Resources". Tending the ... efficiency and economies of scale. While his family's farm was larger than the Japanese average, he used one field of grain ... In 1951, Newman Turner advocated the practice of "fertility farming", a system featuring the use of a cover crop, no tillage, ...
This is because there is no rule to generalize the system as well as work flow even though the practice is more or less the ... Logistics automation is the application of computer software or automated machinery to improve the efficiency of logistics ... with broader tasks undertaken by supply chain management systems and enterprise resource planning systems. ... are used for logistics automation which helps the supply chain industry in automating the workflow as well as management of the ...
The anthropologist David Lewis-Williams has suggested that Paleolithic cave paintings were indications of shamanistic practices ... This technique increased efficiency by allowing the creation of more controlled and consistent flakes. It allowed Middle ... Likewise, some scientists have proposed that Middle Paleolithic societies such as Neanderthal societies may also have practiced ... practiced rudimentary forms of horticulture. In particular, bananas and tubers may have been cultivated as early as 25,000 ...
White DS (1917). A Text-book of the Principles and Practice of Veterinary Medicine. Lea & Febiger. p. 258.. ... Danby FW (27 January 2015). Acne: Causes and Practical Management. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 147-. ISBN 978-1-118-23277-4. .. ... Cologne: Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care. July 2016. Archived from the original on 6 September 2017. ... Management. Many different treatments exist for acne. These include alpha hydroxy acid, anti-androgen medications, ...
Unisex public toilet
Journal of Public Management & Social Policy. Retrieved April 2, 2016.. *^ a b Transgender 'bathroom bill' leaves Texas ... This is seen by many public toilet designers as the best possible solution that would balance efficiency with modesty. ... Within the culture of that time, this practice was tantamount to hanging "women" and "men" signs.:268-69 ... Journal of Public Management & Social Policy. 19 (1). Archived from the original (PDF) on November 22, 2016.. ...
Government performance auditing
... in that country such as the FCM InfraGuide for best practice exchange of all routine municipal infrastructure management ... "an independent examination of the efficiency and effectiveness of government undertakings, programs or organizations, with due ... or the Institute of Internal Auditors's International Professional Practices Framework, known as the Red Book. The US ... Performance auditing is an independent examination of the efficiency and effectiveness of government undertakings, programs or ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: M54 - Labor Management (team formation, worker empowerment, job design, tasks and authority, job satisfaction). JEL: M55 ... JEL: G14 - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies. JEL: G15 - International financial markets. JEL: G17 - Financial ... JEL: L41 - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices. JEL: L42 - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; ... JEL: H63 - Debt; Debt Management. JEL: H68 - Forecasts of Budgets, Deficits, and Debt. JEL: H69 - Outros. JEL: H7 - State and ...
Eslamian, Saeid (2014). Handbook of Engineering Hydrology: Environmental Hydrology and Water Management. Boca Raton, Florida: ... Examples include the rise of the notion of efficiency in terms of human productivity, and the challenges of bioethics. ... Darin Barney has written about technology's impact on practices of citizenship and democratic culture, suggesting that ... "practice, the way we do things around here." The term is often used to imply a specific field of technology, or to refer to ...
"Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health. 2 (1): 23. doi:10.1186/1745-0179-2-23. PMC 1584230 . PMID 16968542.. ... Vaidya B, Pearce SH (July 2008). "Management of hypothyroidism in adults". BMJ. 337: a801. doi:10.1136/bmj.a801. PMID 18662921. ... in the biochemical response to l-thyroxine therapy and relationship with peripheral thyroid hormone conversion efficiency". ... Institute for Safe Medication Practices. Archived (PDF) from the original on 25 September 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2014.. ...
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management. 30 (1): 6-28. doi:10.1002/pam.20548. PMID 21465828. S2CID 7182716.. ... In 2012, smoking in Costa Rica became subject to some of the most restrictive regulations in the world, the practice being ... Citing economic efficiency, some economists suggest that the basic institutions of private property rights and contractual ... The management of organizations where the ban is violated will face tougher fines. From 1 June 2014 the list will be ...
Niebuhr attacked poor conditions created by the assembly lines and erratic employment practices. ... want the things which the factory produces and none of us is sensitive enough to care how much in human values the efficiency ...
Cultivation management, fertilization. In intercropping systems - a practice commonly used in lentil cultivation - ... The moisture content of the lentils prior dehulling is crucial to guarantee a good dehulling efficiency. The hull of lentils ... Ramdath D, Renwick S, Duncan AM (2016). "The Role of Pulses in the Dietary Management of Diabetes". Can J Diabetes (Review). 40 ...
... medical device distributors are putting the complaint management process at the forefront of their quality management practices ... ASTM D7225: Standard Guide for Blood Cleaning Efficiency of Detergents and Washer-Disinfectors ... "Standard Practice for Reporting and Assessment of Residues on Single Use Implants". ASTM Products and Services. Retrieved 15 ... The ISO standards for medical devices are covered by ICS 11.100.20 and 11.040.01. The quality and risk management ...
Computer graphics (computer science)
"Best Practices Memo". Cra.org. Archived from the original on 2014-05-02. Retrieved 2014-05-01.. ... Database management system. *Information storage systems. *Enterprise information system. *Social information systems ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Supplying grain to the markets was intended to lower grain prices, but in practice gave little help to the rural poor, ... Weigold, Auriol (1999). "Famine management: The Bengal famine (1942-1944) revisited". South Asia: Journal of South Asian ... were held in esteem by Bengalis for the efficiency of their work in distributing relief. That December, the "largest [rice ... De, Bikramjit (2006). "Imperial Governance and the Challenges of War: Management of Food Supplies in Bengal, 1943-44". Studies ...
However, this practice should be viewed with caution, as chemical interactions with the adsorbate may affect the iodine uptake ... Molasses number or molasses efficiency is a measure of the mesopore content of the activated carbon (greater than 20 Å, or ... Shende RV, Mahajani VV (2002). "Wet oxidative regeneration of activated carbon loaded with reactive dye". Waste Management. 22 ... "Worshiping the False Idols of Wellness" on activated charcoal as a useless wellness practice at The New York Times ...
Neo-Piagetian theories of cognitive development
a b c Demetriou, A., & Kazi, S. (2006). Self-awareness in g (with processing efficiency and reasoning). Intelligence, 34, 297- ... Furth, H. G., & Wachs, H. (1975). Thinking goes to school: Piaget's theory in practice. Oxford: Oxford University Press). ... to systems that require social support and self-understanding and management (social understanding). Thus, the transition to ... a b c Demetriou, A., Christou, C., Spanoudis, G., & Platsidou, M. (2002). The development of mental processing: Efficiency, ...
See Cohelan on California Class Actions and California Class Actions: Practice and Procedure by Elizabeth Cabraser et al. ... First, aggregation can increase the efficiency of the legal process, and lower the costs of litigation. In cases with ... a company specializing in the funding and management of litigation in Australia and New Zealand. It was the biggest class- ... Class treatment may not improve the efficiency of a mass tort because the claims frequently involve individualized issues of ...
Towler, Gavin; Sinnott, Ray (2008), Chemical engineering design: principles, practice and economics of plant and process design ... They are also involved in waste management and research. Both applied and research facets could make extensive use of computers ... The same skills are used in existing chemical plants to evaluate the efficiency and make recommendations for improvements. ... Practising engineers may have professional certification and be accredited members of a professional body. Such bodies include ...
Some codecs will analyze a longer segment of the data to optimize efficiency, and then code it in a manner that requires a ... In practice, most video codecs are used alongside audio compression techniques to store the separate but complementary data ... "Overview of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) Standard" (PDF). IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video ... "Measuring the Efficiency of the Intraday Forex Market with a Universal Data Compression Algorithm" (PDF). 33 (2). ...
Another practice involving music is called "Igbeuku", a religious practice performed by faith healers. In the practice of ... Suvarna Nalapat (2008). Music Therapy in Management, Education and Administration. New Delhi: Readworthy Publications. ISBN 978 ... Cochrane, A. L. (1972). Effectiveness and efficiency: Random reflections on health services. London: Nuffield Provincial ... PracticeEdit. Music therapy practice is working together with clients, through music, to promote healthy change (Bruscia, 1998 ...
Supplier relationship management
43 million to their bottom line by implementing supplier relationship management best practices. ... greater efficiency, better quality, and access to innovation. This requires a focus on both negotiating the contract and ... "Supply Management.. *^ "Getting the Most Out of SRM". Supply Chain Management Review. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 26 January ... "LTD Management. Retrieved 26 January 2012.. *^ "The Changing View of Supplier Segmentation". Inside Supply Management. October ...
... "practiced in the management of a household or family" and therefore "frugal, thrifty", which in turn comes from οἰκονομία ( ... Production, cost, and efficiency. Main articles: Production (economics), Opportunity cost, Economic efficiency, and Production- ... 2, "Efficiency" sect.; ch. 8, sect. D, "The Concept of Efficiency. sfnp error: no target: CITEREFSamuelsonNordhaus2004 (help) ... Being on the curve might still not fully satisfy allocative efficiency (also called Pareto efficiency) if it does not produce a ...
Avro Canada VZ-9 Avrocar
In practice, only one pilot was usually on board during testing; a number of flights were made with an observer in the second ... By 1956, Avro management was interested enough to commit $2.5 million to build a "private venture" prototype. In March 1957, ... At the time, Frost was particularly interested in jet engine design and ways to improve the efficiency of the compressor ...
... "medical simulators can be useful tools in determining a physician's understanding and use of best practices, management of ... Medical Simulation Efficiency in EducationEdit. According to a study conducted by Bjorn Hoffman, to find the level of ... Academy of Management & Learning Education, 4(2), 193-212.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o Sawyer, T., Eppich, W., Grant, V ... Disaster Management, 2. 25-30.. *^ a b c d e f g Lederman, L. C. (1992). Debriefing: Toward a systematic assessment of theory ...
Youth Climate Movement
Practices. *Procurement. *Tourism. *Transport. *Urban drainage systems. *Urban infrastructure. *Urbanism. Management. * ...
However, no-till practices combined with cover-crop practices can reduce the payback period to three years for grassland ... Overall Energy Efficiency and Emission Performance. IEA Bioenergy Task 46. Possibly the new emission standards Euro VI/EPA 10 ... Waste management. *Water (agricultural wastewater treatment. *industrial wastewater treatment. *sewage treatment. *waste-water ... This is partly counteracted by the better efficiency when using ethanol (in a long-term test of more than 2.1 million km, the ...
This metamaterial aids in cooling of water and increasing the efficiency of power generation, in which it would cool the ... Liquid cooling techniques are increasingly being used for the thermal management of electronic components. This type of cooling ... Basic Theory and Practice of Cooling Towers. *Howstuffworks "How Liquid-cooled PCs Work" ... These additives are meant to increase the efficiency of automotive cooling systems. Such products are used to enhance the ...
White DS (1917). A Text-book of the Principles and Practice of Veterinary Medicine. Lea & Febiger. p. 258.. ... Danby FW (27 January 2015). Acne: Causes and Practical Management. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 147-. ISBN 978-1-118-23277-4. .. ... Cologne: Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care. July 2016. Archived from the original on 6 September 2017. ... James WD (April 2005). "Clinical practice. Acne". The New England Journal of Medicine (Review). 352 (14): 1463-72. doi:10.1056/ ...
Twice a year, the Office of Management and Budget delivers an economic assessment of the unemployment insurance program as it ... Hence, government provision of UI has the potential to increase efficiency. However, government provision does not eliminate ... In practice, it is only practical to verify whether the worker quit or was fired. If the worker's claim is denied, then they ... but they have in practice become the basic income of many long-term unemployed. ...
Surgical Information Systems Partners with abeo to Drive Anesthesia Practice Management Efficiency and Improve Revenue Cycle...
... today announced that it has partnered with abeo to bring additional practice management and revenue cycle capabilities to our ... Surgical Information Systems Partners with abeo to Drive Anesthesia Practice Management Efficiency and Improve Revenue Cycle ... abeo offers dedicated practice management resources that manage the financial side of the practice-freeing anesthesiologists ... today announced that it has partnered with abeo to bring additional practice management and revenue cycle capabilities to our ...
Growing number of women doctors 'threatens efficiency of the NHS' | Management in Practice
The news journal for GP practice managers. We also offer a range of conferences, events and exhibitions. ... The increasing number of women doctors might actually threaten the efficiency of the NHS, according to a report from the Royal ... Revealed: Only 43% of GP practices have free patient Wi-Fi due to logistic problems ... How playing laser tag and war gaming helps me run my practice ... Growing number of women doctors threatens efficiency of the ...
Assessing the Efficiency of Alternative Best Management Practices to Reduce Nonpoint Source Pollution in the Broiler Production...
We demonstrate the impact of choosing suites of best management practices (BMPs) to reduce nitrogen, phosphorus and sediment ... "Assessing the Efficiency of Alternative Best Management Practices to Reduce Nonpoint Source Pollution in the Broiler Production ... Assessing the Efficiency of Alternative Best Management Practices to Reduce Nonpoint Source Pollution in the Broiler Production ... Best management practices; cost; optimization; water quality; Farm Management; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging ...
energy efficiency day - facilities management industry coverage including features, tips, insights, strategies and best...
Landing page for posts about energy efficiency day for facility managers. ... energy efficiency day. Coverage including updates, insights, strategies and best practices for the facilities management ... Building Operating Management. Building Operating Management. Free Information E-Newsletters Advertiser Facility Maintenance ... Survey: What Energy Efficiency Measures Are New and Existing Data Centers Using?. NEW!. Survey: Facility Staffing Levels for ...
Energy Efficiency for Facilities Management Professionals: Best practices, advice from the field, cost-saving strategies,...
Where FMs get Energy Efficiency news, releases, education and can find out how other facility professionals addressed similar ... and Low-Cost Energy Efficiency Projectspart 5: Untapped Potential for Energy Efficiency. 4/4/2013 Building Operating Management ... Building Operating Management. Can 179D Energy Efficiency Tax Deductions Be Saved?. Lawrence (Larry) Clark 8/2/2013 news. ... Building Operating Management. Utility Rebate Programs Can Help Get Energy Efficiency Projects Off The Groundpart 2: Changes To ...
Effectiveness and efficiency of a practice accreditation program on cardiovascular risk management in primary care: study...
Effectiveness and efficiency of a practice accreditation program on cardiovascular risk management in primary care: study ... During months 3 to 42, practices (in the intervention group) work on improving their management of CVD, practices in the ... Practice visits. Assessing and improving management in general practice. 1998, Nijmegen: Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen, ... In the practices in the practice accreditation program up to 2006 (n = 139), the following median values at practice level were ...
"Smart Bed" Could Improve Efficiency | The...
Application of Pregnancy Associated Glycoproteins (PAGS) to Improve Reproductive Efficiency in Cattle | IVIS
COVID-19, Special Practice Management - Veterinary Focus - May 2020 In: Veterinary Focus ... Increasing profitability of a beef or dairy herd is dependent upon increasing reproductive efficiency. In the U.S., the annual ... In order to increase reproductive efficiency there has been a rapid development and utilization of reproductive technologies (e ... Application of Pregnancy Associated Glycoproteins (PAGS) to Improve Reproductive Efficiency in Cattle. Author(s): ...
AHRQ-Funded Projects | AHRQ National Resource Center; Health Information Technology: Best Practices Transforming Quality,...
Improving Medication Management Practices and Care Transitions through Technology. Description: This project examined the ... Interim Assessment of Variation of Business Practices, Policies, and State Law * Outcomes from the Privacy and Security ... Improving Post-Hospital Medication Management of Older Adults with Health Information Technology. Description: This study ... The project developed and pilot-tested a Web-based implementation of a Team Resource Management (TRM) intervention aimed at ...
Practice Management: Successfully Guiding Your Group into the Future, An Issue of Anesthesiology Clinics, Volume 36-2 - 1st...
Purchase Practice Management: Successfully Guiding Your Group into the Future, An Issue of Anesthesiology Clinics, Volume 36-2 ... OR Throughput and Efficiency; Measuring Quality of Individual Anesthesia Clinicians; Challenges in outcome reporting; Reporting ... Practice Management: Successfully Guiding Your Group into the Future, An Issue of Anesthesiology Clinics, Volume 36-2 1st ... Practice Management: Successfully Guiding Your Group into the Future, An Issue of Anesthesiology Clinics ...
Gas businesses' risk management practices reviewed | Scoop News
2060 energy modelling shows path to faster decarbonisation 3:37 PM , Energy Efficiency and ... ... Gas businesses risk management practices reviewed. Tuesday, 15 October 2019, 9:12 am. Press Release: Commerce Commission ... "The review found that risk management practices are generally in good shape and reasonably consistent across all the gas ... reviewed regulated gas pipeline businesses risk management practices more generally.. Commission Deputy Chair Sue Begg said ...
Transformation Science: The Emerging Practice of Next Gen Change Management - Next Gen Learning in Action - Education Week
Efficiency and order. Humanity and relationships. What motivates people (adults and children alike) ... Transformation Science: The Emerging Practice of Next Gen Change Management. By Andy Calkins on May 21, 2019 8:58 AM , No ... Transformation Science: The Emerging Practice of Next Gen Change Management. *Common Planning for Teachers: An Interview With ... and mindsets in ways that reflect the tenets of the envisioned practice. Leaders practicing Transformation Science understand ...
Technical mitigation options in dairy
4. Enteric methane: entry points • Management practices • Animal health Dairy herd • Reproduction • Improved genetics • ... 8. Enteric CH4 : improving feed use efficiency Kaptumo, kenya 0.14 methane per kg milk (kg/kg milk) 0.12 0.10 0.08 0.06 0.04 ... Feeding practices that influence manure attributes (in turn determine amount of N excreted and volatile solids that can be ... Conclusions Efficiency gains are important o Reducing emissions per unit of animal product by cutting on "unproductive" ...
Risk Management | Manage My Practice
... increased efficiency, information sharin, IPad, OSHA, patient schedule, practice glossary, RAC, referrers pod, risk management ... Whether the title is manager, medical practice manager, physician practice manager, administrator, practice administrator, ... Have someone in the practice or a temp or prn person call every practice/group on the list twice a year and confirm all the ... Tags: accounting, Add new tag, billing, Compliance, healthcare, management, medical records, risk management, technology ...
Appropriate Methods in Determining the Event Mean Concentration and Pollutant Removal Efficiency of a Best Management Practice ...
... and pollutant removal efficiency of a stormwater best management practice (BMP) considering rainfall. The stormwater runoff and ... with the other existing removal efficiency determination methods such as the Efficiency Ratio (ER), Summation of Loads (SOL ... In addition, the ROR method gave the highest efficiency values, with no significant differences with any of the pollutant ... Appropriate Methods in Determining the Event Mean Concentration and Pollutant Removal Efficiency of a Best Management Practice ...
Practice Management Find resources here to help with the management of your dental practice no matter the job title. Colgate® ... Time Management Tips for Efficiency , Colgate® Professional What can you do as a dental professional to stay on schedule? Here ... Four Dental Practice Management Programs to Simplify Your Job , Colgate® Professional Newer dental practice management programs ... dental practice management consultants can be vital resources in reaching your practice goals. ...
Water | Free Full-Text | Stormwater Tank Performance: Design and Management Criteria for Capture Tanks Using a Continuous...
The management practices tested for the tank-only systems provide notably different efficiency results. The practice of ... The continuous simulation and semi-probabilistic approach for the best tank management practice are compared. The semi- ... Following this approach, efficiency indexes were established. The comparison with continuous simulations shows the reliability ... This paper proposes a procedure to assess tank efficiency in terms of volume and pollutant concentration using four different ...
AHRQ Health IT Projects Publication Database | AHRQ National Resource Center; Health Information Technology: Best Practices...
Identifying best practices for clinical decision support and knowledge management in the field.. Citation: Ash JS, Sittig DF, ... Identifying best practices for clinical decision support and knowledge management in the field. Stud Health Technol Inform 2010 ... Interim Assessment of Variation of Business Practices, Policies, and State Law * Outcomes from the Privacy and Security ... Governance for clinical decision support: case studies and recommended practices from leading institutions.. Citation: Wright A ...
Data Server Manager - Overview - United States
... manage and optimize the performance of IBM data management platforms across the enterprise ... Increase operational efficiency. Offers scalable management to continually enforce best-practice configuration settings. This ... Reduce data management complexity. Provides a unified architecture and integrated web console to help you administer and ... The solution also offers enterprise management capabilities for Db2 on Cloud, Db2 Warehouse on Cloud and Db2 Warehouse Private ...
GPP Good Practice - Environment - European Commission
The European Commission has collected examples of GPP Good Practice to illustrate how public authorities have successfully ... Office BUILDING DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION AND MANAGEMENT. Procuring innovative energy efficiency solutions for educational buildings ... WASTE MANAGEMENT AND COLLECTION. Sustainable procurement at the Natural History Museum of London, UK. Low carbon waste ... ICT equipment and management services, Italy. Refurbishment of redundant ICT equipment, Durham, UK Framework contract to ...
Practice Management - American College of Gastroenterology
Raising the Bar on Efficiency, Effectiveness, and Reliability in Quality Benchmarking. *Improving clinical practice and patient ... Practice Management Toolbox. in this video from committee Chair, Dr. Louis Wilson. ... Coding Changes to Evaluation & Management Services. Learn about the 2021 CPT changes to E/M codes and guidelines and coding for ... This electronic newsletter, with updates on public policy issues facing the GI practice and what it really means for you, is ...
Benchmark and Give Your Practice a Distinct Competitive Advantage - American Academy of Ophthalmology
Physician Well-Being Practice Management Blog Post How a Practice Increased Its Revenue Per Encounter Practice Management Blog ... Benchmarking: Use KPIs to Improve Practice Profit & Efficiencies. In this 60-minute recorded webinar, youll review case ... Three practice management experts explain why. Derek: Ann and Sue, why do you spend time entering your practices data into the ... Practice Management Blog. Help and advice on running a successful practice, from the experts at the American Academy of ...
Joint Proposed Rule: Customer Margin Rules Relating to Security Futures
Sound risk management practices. The proposed rules are consistent with sound risk management practices. *Other public ... efficiency, competitiveness, and financial integrity of futures markets; (3) price discovery; (4) sound risk management ... CONSIDERATION OF BURDEN ON COMPETITION, PROMOTION OF EFFICIENCY, AND CAPITAL FORMATION Section 3(f) of the Exchange Act158 ... Efficiency and competition. As noted above, the proposed margin requirements are consistent with the margin requirements for ...
U.S. GAO - Commodity Futures Trading Commission: Derivatives Clearing Organization General Provisions and Core Principles
... sound risk management practices; and (5) other public interest considerations. The Commission discussed the costs and benefits ... efficiency, competitiveness, and financial integrity of futures markets; (3) price discovery; (4) ... risk management, settlement procedures, treatment of funds, default rules and procedures, rule enforcement, system safeguards, ... risk management, settlement procedures, treatment of funds, default rules and procedures, rule enforcement, system safeguards, ...
Best Management Practice #10: Cooling Tower Management | Department of Energy
Home » Facility & Fleet Optimization » Water Efficiency » Best Practices » Best Management Practice #10: Cooling Tower ... Project Management Coordination Office. Project Management Coordination Office*Project Management Coordination Office Home ... Project Management Coordination Office. Project Management Coordination Office*Project Management Coordination Office Home ... The thermal efficiency and longevity of the cooling tower and equipment depend on the proper management of recirculated water. ...
Federal Register :: Account Class
4. Sound Risk Management Practices. The final rules promulgated in this release would reinforce the sound risk management ... 2. Efficiency and Competition. The final rules promulgated in this release are not expected to have an effect on efficiency or ... sound risk management practices; and (5) other public interest considerations. Accordingly, the Commission could, in its ... efficiency, competitiveness, and financial integrity of futures markets; (3) price discovery; (4) ...
Neonicotinoid insecticides losing efficiency in potato psyllid control
Potato psyllid research helps producers determine best management practices. June 21, 2011 One potato field west of Bushland ... A Texas AgriLife Research entomologist in Lubbock is trying to determine the best management practices to reduce a potato ... Neonicotinoid insecticides losing efficiency in potato psyllid control. March 28, 2017 by Kay Ledbetter, Texas A&M University ... our decision to survey potatoes in a field at our research farm that is not subject to an intense insecticide management ...
Federal Fleet Requirements Resource Center: Petroleum Reduction | Department of Energy
FEMP Best Practices: Four Core Principles of Sustainable Fleet Management. An agency can reduce its fleets petroleum ... Increasing fleet fuel efficiency. *Increasing use of alternative fuels (including biodiesel blends) and electricity (through ... FEMP Resources and Best Practices. Section 142 of EISA (42 U.S.C. § 6374e(a)(2)) requires Federal fleets to reduce their annual ... FEMP Resources and Best Practices. EISA Section 142 Statutory Requirements for Petroleum Reduction. Section 142 of the Energy ...
Federal Register :: Chief Compliance Officer Duties and Annual Report Requirements for Futures Commission...
2. Efficiency, Competitiveness, and Financial Integrity of Markets. *3. Price Discovery. *4. Sound Risk Management Practices ... risk management practices. The final rules do not directly impact a Registrants risk management practices because they clarify ... 4. Sound Risk Management Practices. The Commission believes that the final amendments to the CCO duties and CCO Annual Report ... sound risk management practices; and (5) other public interest considerations.. 1. Protection of Market Participants and the ...
Investing in physicians' well-being is just good business | American Medical Association
Practice Management Advocacy Court listened to AMA on defining alcoholism as a disease, not a crime See how U.S. Supreme Court ... Efficiency.. *Flexibility and/or control.. *Culture and values.. *Work-life integration.. *Community at work and meaning at ... For example, the authors noted, replacing a physician costs a practice two to three times the annual salary of the physician ... The AMAs STEPS Forward collection features 49 practice-improvement modules, including more than a dozen that focus on how to ...
ProfitabilityOperational efficiency2018OptimizeReimbursementImprove2017BMPsMaximizeProductivityWorkflowCentersHenry ScheinPrivate practiceEffectiveness and efficiencyVeterinary practicesOphthalmologyClinical practiceProcessesSpecialtySimplifyOutcomesImprovesOperationsPrimary care practicesNitrogenStrategiesCapabilitiesIrrigationSedimentBenchmarkingNutrientUtilizationMedical PracticeReduceChallengesSoilOrganizationsHealthHealthcarePollutantServicesWaterQualityRheumatologyEnergyFirmsPerformanceOptometrySoilsRisk managementEvaluationWaterSenseAssetIncreasinglyBusinessImprovingEfficientlyInitiativesDairyPatientsWorkStormwater
- Increasing profitability of a beef or dairy herd is dependent upon increasing reproductive efficiency. (ivis.org)
- In this 60-minute recorded webinar, you'll review case studies and learn how vital, comparative insights about financial performance and practice efficiency can significantly increase profitability. (aao.org)
- Goals-Based Wealth Management is a manual for protecting and growing client wealth in a way that changes both the services and profitability of the firm. (wiley.com)
- Reallocation, Firm Turnover, and Efficiency: Selection on Productivity or Profitability? (ssrn.com)
- With integrated Dentrix eServices that boost productivity and the Dentrix Connected program that lets you build your practice with Dentrix-compatible applications, Dentrix is the right choice for dentists who want to increase profitability. (henryschein.com)
- We work to maximize your infusion center's efficiency and profitability. (mckesson.com)
- However, the low profitability of sheep farming sector suggests production efficiency could be improved. (doaj.org)
- The firms performance can be achieved through operational efficiency and competitive strength. (inderscience.com)
- Operational efficiency is among the key factors driving the market. (medgadget.com)
- Expanding healthcare activities have increased the pressure on healthcare organizations to provide quality healthcare while reducing expenses and increasing operational efficiency, to this end DPMS features are highly effective, thus increasing their adoption. (medgadget.com)
- The presence of well establish healthcare sectors in these regions combined with increasing importance being placed on providing patients with quality healthcare while working toward increasing operational efficiency is another important factor which is likely to drive the North American and European market. (medgadget.com)
- Ophthalmology: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice, edited by Information Resources Management Association, IGI Global, 2018, pp. 53-68. (igi-global.com)
- FRIDAY, June 29, 2018 (HealthDay News) - Providers can take practical steps to improve practice efficiency and increase insurance reimbursement, according to an article published in Dermatology Times . (physiciansweekly.com)
- THURSDAY, June 21, 2018 (HealthDay News) - More patients are paying for health care services with cash, and this means physician practices need a comprehensive billing policy, according to an article published in Medical Economics . (physiciansweekly.com)
- TUESDAY, June 19, 2018 (HealthDay News) - Switching electronic health record (EHR) systems can result in increased efficiency and productivity gains, but there are significant costs associated with the switch, according to an article published in Medical Economics . (physiciansweekly.com)
- Helps administer, monitor, manage and optimize the performance of IBM data management platforms across the hybrid data enterprise. (ibm.com)
- Download ACG's latest resources to help optimize your practice. (gi.org)
- The North Carolina Regional Extension Center for Health Information Technology provides onsite consultation to primary care practices to help them implement electronic health records then use these systems to optimize care through measurement, rapid cycle quality improvement, and application of medical home functionalities. (nih.gov)
- Since 1997, Flatirons Practice Management has been helping physical and occupational therapy clinics optimize their cash flow and collections while simplifying day-to-day operations through superior medical billing and coding services. (mediware.com)
- FORUM ® and VISUCONNECT ® 500 from ZEISS give you access to relevant data when and wherever you need it, thereby helping you to make more informed and confident diagnoses and optimize workflow throughout your practice. (zeiss.com)
- SIS recognizes the tremendous pressures anesthesia practices are under to continually reduce costs as reimbursements shrink and hospitals transition to pay-for-performance reimbursement models," says Ed Daihl, Chief Executive Officer of SIS. (cnbc.com)
- Learn about the 2021 CPT changes to E/M codes and guidelines and coding for telehealth (video visits) and telephone E/M. Gain practical information you can implement immediately in your practice to maximize reimbursement and stay compliant with Medicare rules. (gi.org)
- Their management/reimbursement team took time to personally visit, and as the practice has grown, needed adjustments were handled swiftly with ease. (mckesson.com)
- By working together, SIS and abeo can help anesthesia practices improve their overall revenue cycle by optimizing billing processes. (cnbc.com)
- As a result, anesthesia practices expect to speed billing turnaround, improve coding accuracy, and provide more time for patient care. (cnbc.com)
- Learn to analyze your practice using the most important key performance indicators during our March 28 webinar, Benchmarking: Use KPIs to Improve Practice Profit and Efficiencies . (aao.org)
- By utilizing APCs, practices can consistently improve access to care, particularly for disadvantaged populations. (mgma.com)
- We are excited to work with Mediware to help rehab professionals improve their billing efficiencies, shorten revenue collection times, and invigorate practice growth," said David Allen, president and CEO of Flatirons. (mediware.com)
- Mediware delivers interoperable best-of-breed software systems that improve efficiencies and address safety concerns, enabling healthcare organizations to improve care processes while decreasing costs. (mediware.com)
- Overall, rbST appears to represent a valuable management tool for use in dairy production to improve productive efficiency and to have less negative effects on the environment than conventional dairying. (pnas.org)
- Learn how Henry Schein One's connected practice management systems simplify marketing, patient engagement and management, so you can improve each step of the patient experience. (henryschein.com)
- ISO 50001 will provide public and private sector organizations with management strategies to increase energy efficiency, reduce costs and improve energy performance. (iso.org)
- Modern best practice does more than just improve efficiency, it transforms your entire HR operations. (oracle.com)
- Their efforts highlight the importance of partnership, transparency, and innovation to gather data that can be used to inform programs, policy, and practice to improve the health of the population. (lww.com)
- In response to the historic drought in California, Governor Jerry Brown released Executive order B-29-15 mandating regulations to improve water efficiencies of appliances and fixtures-these new regulations being the most stringent out of any state. (wikipedia.org)
- The Nov. 11 "Manage YO Practice" roundtable discussion with the experts at AAO 2017 was a great opportunity to bring some focus on this topic, particularly coding, risk management, cybersecurity and health care law. (aao.org)
- We demonstrate the impact of choosing suites of best management practices (BMPs) to reduce nitrogen, phosphorus and sediment load in Chenier Creek water segment located within the Baouf watershed, Louisiana. (repec.org)
- Quantifying the effects of forestry best management practices (BMPs) on sediment and nutrient loads is a critical need. (usda.gov)
- Through an exhaustive literature search, three paired forested watershed studies in the eastern United States were found that permitted the calculation of BMP efficiencies--the percent reduction in sediment or nutrients achieved by BMPs. (usda.gov)
- We are pleased to partner with abeo as a leader in helping anesthesia practices maximize their revenue and efficiently manage their practice operations. (cnbc.com)
- From a water efficiency standpoint, you want to maximize cycles of concentration. (energy.gov)
- As a Rheumatology practice management and EMR solution, RheumDoc Office Plus was developed with Rheumatology specific workflows, which allow you to maximize your face-to-face time with patients, implement superior practice management and meet quality measures. (raintreeinc.com)
- RheumDoc Office Plus Rheumatology EMR software provides a robust integrated Revenue Cycle Management solution to maximize reimbursements, analytics and reporting, which will increase efficiency and maximize return. (raintreeinc.com)
- Increasing evidence indicates the importance of management in determining firms' productivity. (lse.ac.uk)
- They found that these management practices - particularly performance monitoring and target setting - significantly increase airline captains' productivity with respect to fuel saving. (lse.ac.uk)
- Its main objective is improving economic efficiency, especially labor productivity. (wikipedia.org)
- Overall, 62% (31/50) of the reviewed studies indicated a positive economic impact for providers either via direct cost or revenue effects or via indirect efficiency or productivity improvements. (jmir.org)
- A leading solution in hospitals for more than two decades, the new web-based version of MediLinks is designed for larger multi-site physical therapy organizations and features game-changing approaches to workflow and business management. (mediware.com)
- We believe dental technology should work together to streamline your practice workflow, not create roadblocks. (henryschein.com)
- Essential Line connectivity solutions from ZEISS enable seamless data transfer between all diagnostic devices, EMR and practice management systems - for optimized workflow throughout your practice. (zeiss.com)
- It streamlines practice workflow , providing access to all patient examinations, and integrates seamlessly with existing IT landscapes and diagnostic instruments. (zeiss.com)
- Survey: What Energy Efficiency Measures Are New and Existing Data Centers Using? (facilitiesnet.com)
- The moral and ethical reason for physician practices, hospitals and academic centers to address physician burnout should be obvious, but a new medical journal article makes the case for why addressing doctors' well-being is also the financially responsible thing for health care organizations to do. (ama-assn.org)
- Raintree Systems is recognized as the best EMR solution for specialty medical practices like Physical Therapy, Pediatric Physical Therapy, Rheumatology, Surgery Centers and Mental Health. (raintreeinc.com)
- Easy Dental, by Henry Schein One, is the easy-to-use practice management system from Henry Schein, provides every software tool and service your practice needs-now at no charge when bundled with a $299/month, 3-year Complete Customer Service Plan. (henryschein.com)
Effectiveness and efficiency2
- This study aims to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of a practice accreditation program, focusing on patients with established cardiovascular diseases. (biomedcentral.com)
- It is important to gain more information about the effectiveness and efficiency of the practice accreditation program to assess if participation is worthwhile regarding the quality of cardiovascular risk management. (biomedcentral.com)
- Use these mediums to differentiate your practice from other veterinary practices. (vin.com)
- Benchmarks for ophthalmology practices are a lot like the "vital signs" that doctors measure when examining patients - they give an indication of the health of the practice and can point to areas of concern so those can be addressed. (aao.org)
- ZEISS Essential Line connectivity solutions enable the seamless integration of diagnostic data with existing ophthalmology EMR, EHR, PACS, data archive and practice management software. (zeiss.com)
- Ophthalmology: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice (pp. 53-68). (igi-global.com)
- N utilization can be subdivided into two processes: N uptake (the ability of the plant to remove N from the soil as nitrate and ammonium ions, NUP) and N utilization (efficiency of N use to produce grain yield, NUE). (frontiersin.org)
- Pharmaceutical professionals should be able to use risk management techniques and tools based on ICHQ9 to manage product quality, manufacturing processes, validation and compliance within a risk based Quality Management System. (complianceonline.com)
- The first wave of e-government projects have often failed to transform local government business processes because they have focused on technology rather than change management, according to public sector IT organisation Socitm. (computerweekly.com)
- It was one of the earliest attempts to apply science to the engineering of processes to management. (wikipedia.org)
- Develop a practice glossary to document all abbreviations and specialty-specific terminology - very helpful for new employees and transcriptionists. (managemypractice.com)
- We partner with practices like yours across the nation to deliver 25+ core specialty infusion therapies to more than 50,000 patients annually. (mckesson.com)
- Prior to engagement, we provide a comprehensive financial opportunity analysis for your specialty practice. (mckesson.com)
- Raintree makes Practice Management and EMR Solutions for specialty medical practices. (raintreeinc.com)
- Secondary outcomes are 15 process indicators and two outcome indicators of cardiovascular risk management, self-reported achievement of improvement goals and perceived unintended consequences. (biomedcentral.com)
- However, the Commission seeks to encourage improved practices, as well as a better understanding of those practices by stakeholders, because poor asset management can impose significant costs on consumers through inefficient delivery of services and poor-quality outcomes. (scoop.co.nz)
- To study the use of school autonomy in practice internationally, and, subsequently, its impact on outcomes, a classification is needed to capture the full range of school interventions. (springer.com)
- its administration to dairy cows increases milk production and improves the efficiency of milk synthesis ( 6 ). (pnas.org)
- Legal Support Network's Legal Practice Management 2013 conference is the only event of its kind to specifically target practice managers and directors, heads of operations and heads of finance from small to medium UK law firms. (legalsupportnetwork.co.uk)
Primary care practices5
- The Dutch College of General Practitioners has launched a program for accreditation of primary care practices, which focuses on chronic illness care. (biomedcentral.com)
- Seventy primary care practices will be recruited from those who volunteer to participate in the practice accreditation program. (biomedcentral.com)
- Primary care practices will be the unit of randomization. (biomedcentral.com)
- The results of this study will help to develop the practice accreditation program for primary care practices. (biomedcentral.com)
- To enhance continuous improvement in primary care in the Netherlands, the Dutch College of General Practitioners (DCGP) initiated in 2005 a nationwide comprehensive practice accreditation program for primary care practices. (biomedcentral.com)
- The plan calls for fine sediment, phosphorus, and nitrogen pollutant load reduction projects to be implemented by state departments of transportation and local municipalities, land and stream resource management agencies, and air quality regulators. (epa.gov)
- Identification of QTL Associated with Nitrogen Uptake and Nitrogen Use Efficiency Using High Throughput Genotyped CSSLs in Rice (Oryza sativa L. (frontiersin.org)
- Vista Unified, meanwhile, guaranteed the teachers it was asking to transform teaching and learning that it would shift the annual evaluation system to a five-year process that provided the time and space to reimagine their practice without the fear of someone looking over their shoulder while they tested out new learning strategies. (edweek.org)
- This white paper demonstrates how new engineering information management strategies can facilitate a consistent and auditable process of integrity management across multiple asset types at your plant or distributed facilities. (plantservices.com)
- ATLANTA, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Surgical Information Systems (SIS), a leader in perioperative information systems , today announced that it has partnered with abeo to bring additional practice management and revenue cycle capabilities to our current and prospective clients. (cnbc.com)
- The solution also offers enterprise management capabilities for Db2 on Cloud, Db2 Warehouse on Cloud and Db2 Warehouse Private. (ibm.com)
- Dental practice management software has capabilities to efficiently manage clinical efficiency, patient management, collection and billing, integration with other platforms and others. (medgadget.com)
- Irrigation water pricing policies to reduce and finance subsurface drainage disposal ," Agricultural Water Management , Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 155-171, August. (repec.org)
- The experiments were established through 1991-2008 under rainfed and irrigated treatments and emphasized on the effect of irrigation and continuous wheat and wheat-forage crop rotations on water use efficiency and sustainability of organic matter. (scirp.org)
- Irrigation reduce the impact of weather on crop growing reducing water use efficiency (mean over rotations) for dry mater production (15.5 in meadow and 17.5 in mixture [L water (kg·dry·matter) -1 ]) and wheat seed yield. (scirp.org)
- Split fertilizer applications or fertigation combined with sound irrigation management increase fertilizer efficiency by consistently supplying nutrients and by reducing leaching if unexpected rain occurs. (ufl.edu)
- Many of these practices are already in use by responsible parties, and an enhanced level of effort may further reduce sediment and nutrient discharges to Lake Tahoe. (epa.gov)
- The study indicated higher yield (9.7 %), higher nutrient use efficiency and economic sustainability under green farming irrespective of study area or potato variety. (orgprints.org)
- Improving productive efficiency, defined as milk output per feed resource input, is a critical factor in reducing the environmental impact and natural resource utilization by the dairy industry. (pnas.org)
- Assessing the Efficiency of Alternative Best Management Practices to Reduce Nonpoint Source Pollution in the Broiler Production Region of Louisiana ," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150463, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association. (repec.org)
- Whether you need centralized management to capitalize on economies of scale or interoperability with medical software to reduce data entry and increase the quality of patient care, Dentrix Enterprise has the features and functionality to move you to the next level. (henryschein.com)
- Goals-Based Wealth Management focuses on how those challenges can be overcome while adhering to their goals, incorporating constraints, and working within the individual's frame of reference to drive strategic allocation of their financial assets. (wiley.com)
- With energy one of the most critical challenges facing the international community, the publication on 15 June of the ISO International Standard ISO 50001 on energy management systems is an eagerly awaited event because it is estimated the standard could have a positive impact on some 60 % of the world's energy use. (iso.org)
- Risk management and compliance in practice: how are practice managers in SME firms addressing the challenges posed by the introduction of COFAs and COLPs? (legalsupportnetwork.co.uk)
- When it came to improving a production plant for dashboards, an automotive supplier faced two challenges: the entire process chain - together with all risk factors in production and supplier management - had to become more transparent. (roi-international.com)
- Under green farming, compost was integrated with chemical fertilizer for soil management while organic plant/ pest management was undertaken utilizing Inhana Rational Farming (IRF) Technology. (orgprints.org)
- ISO 50001 is intended to provide organizations with a recognized framework for integrating energy performance into their management practices. (iso.org)
- The innovation of IT technology and the use of cloud for deployment has made dental practice management software accessible for dental organizations of various sizes and is expected to lead to further opportunities due to imminent advancements in software technology. (medgadget.com)
- Have employees watch for health fairs and special events that your practice can participate in. (managemypractice.com)
- In some health systems and practices, APP - advanced practice provider - is used in place of APC. (mgma.com)
- A. The PCMH model redesigns the ways by which primary care providers engage health information, panel management and quality improvement, and in doing so, compels providers to significantly invest in the human capital of an interprofessional team. (aafp.org)
- The biological effects of rbST have been extensively investigated, and the ability of this technology to enhance productive efficiency while maintaining the health and well-being of dairy cows is well established ( 6 , 7 ). (pnas.org)
- Allow integration with other organizational management systems such as environmental, and health and safety. (iso.org)
- Increasing awareness of oral health problems in developed markets of the global dental practice management software (DPMS) market has increased the number of dental patients seeking treatment and diagnosis of oral problems, thus indirectly encouraging the demand for dental practice management software. (medgadget.com)
- Thought you might appreciate this item(s) I saw at Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. (lww.com)
- You can read HFM Daily stories on this page or subscribe to Health Facilities Management This Week for a Friday roundup of the week's posts. (hfmmagazine.com)
- Anyone involved in health care facilities management lives with this reality and risk daily. (hfmmagazine.com)
- SIS offers the only surgical scheduling system and the only anesthesia information management system endorsed by the American Hospital Association (AHA), and analytics and rules-based charging products that have been granted Peer Reviewed status by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). (cnbc.com)
- Cardiovascular risk management is largely provided in primary healthcare, but not all patients with established cardiovascular diseases receive preventive treatment as recommended. (biomedcentral.com)
- LENEXA, KS, July 12, 2016 - Mediware Information Systems, Inc., a provider of comprehensive post-acute-care healthcare software, has signed an agreement with Flatirons Practice Management to add a full-service billing solution to its MediLinks 2016 software, used by physical therapy facilities across the country. (mediware.com)
- As healthcare reform puts added business pressure on practices, it's vital for rehab professionals to focus their talents and efforts on exceptional patient care. (mediware.com)
- and business intelligence-based performance management solutions for clinical, regulatory, and financial aspects of the broader healthcare market. (mediware.com)
- This study attempted to develop and suggest a more appropriate method for the determination of event mean concentration (EMC) and pollutant removal efficiency of a stormwater best management practice (BMP) considering rainfall. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Winer, R. National Pollutant Removal Performance Database for Stormwater Treatment Practices. (koreascience.or.kr)
- This paper proposes a procedure to assess tank efficiency in terms of volume and pollutant concentration using four different capture tank management protocols. (mdpi.com)
- abeo is a nationwide billing company specialized in complete revenue cycle management and business services. (cnbc.com)
- More generally, we also have powers to investigate how effectively and efficiently any regulated supplier is supplying regulated services, and in this instance have chosen to focus specifically on risk management practices. (scoop.co.nz)
- Our Intrafusion® team leads the way in outpatient infusion management services with deep expertise in Neurology , Rheumatology , Gastroenterology and Immunology . (mckesson.com)
- Your practice website should provide basic information on keeping and caring for exotic pets (so as to attract potential clients to your site) and then spell out just what services you can offer. (vin.com)
- How Do Changes in Management Practices Affect the Delivery of Regulating and Provisioning Ecosystem Services in Subtropical Humid Grasslands? (usda.gov)
- Incentive Payments to Encourage Farmer Adoption of Water Quality Protection Practices ," American Journal of Agricultural Economics , Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 54-64. (repec.org)
- Incentive payments to encourage farmer adoption of water quality protection practices ," MPRA Paper 24779, University Library of Munich, Germany. (repec.org)
- Water environment management master plan. (koreascience.or.kr)
- The thermal efficiency and longevity of the cooling tower and equipment depend on the proper management of recirculated water. (energy.gov)
- In addition to carefully controlling blowdown, other water efficiency opportunities arise from using alternate sources of make-up water. (energy.gov)
- Although most studies have focused on the potential for increasing water yields or documenting effects from intensive practices that far exceed what would be done for fuel-reduction objectives, data from some less-intensive. (usda.gov)
- A dearth of data on water resources is holding up improved management practices. (scientificamerican.com)
- By 1992, 17 states and the district of Columbia had adopted their own water efficiency standards. (wikipedia.org)
- The United states Energy Policy Act of 1992 mandated the first maximum water efficiencies for major fixtures in residential and commercial applications. (wikipedia.org)
- EPA water sense high efficiency certified toilets use 1.28 GPF or less while still providing equal or superior performance to higher water use alternatives. (wikipedia.org)
- Quality Risk Management is now at the cutting edge of the life sciences industry internationally. (complianceonline.com)
- ICH Q9 Guideline on Quality Risk Management (QRM) was incorporated in GMP by the MHRA, PIC/S and the EMEA. (complianceonline.com)
- Regulators expect that Quality Risk Management (QRM) is inherently built into the backbone of the Quality Management System (QMS). (complianceonline.com)
- This highly interactive course consists of a lively mix of presentations, group exercises and discussions to provide an in-depth understanding of Quality Risk Management and know-how to be able to implement Quality Risk Management in the work place. (complianceonline.com)
- RheumDoc Office Plus by Raintree Systems is a comprehensive, fully integrated Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software solution designed exclusively for Rheumatology practices. (raintreeinc.com)
- RheumDoc Office Plus is the first Rheumatology-specific EMR and Practice Management software with features and functionality to address the needs of Rheumatologists participating in clinical research trials. (raintreeinc.com)
- Raintree is built from the ground-up to streamline the complexity of a Rheumatology practice. (raintreeinc.com)
- The Energy Efficiency landing page for Facility Professionals. (facilitiesnet.com)
- Note that some agencies have requested and been granted changes to their baselines by the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP). (energy.gov)
- Learn what works in creating a thriving home performance company from the experience of nine successful energy efficiency programs from around the country. (homeenergy.org)
- This article is based on one of a series of reports developed by the Best Practices Committee of the Home Performance Resource Center (HPRC) to aid program managers, program designers, and policy makers in the design and implementation of successful home energy retrofit programs. (homeenergy.org)
- The center develops research materials for policymakers, energy program managers, and industry leaders to promote job creation, economic recovery, lower household energy bills, and deep reductions in residential carbon emissions through improved home energy efficiency. (homeenergy.org)
- Efficiency First, BPI, and the Energy Foundation support the HPRC. (homeenergy.org)
- It is considering enhancing its efforts in this area, with a focus on civil emergencies, energy efficiency and renewable power, and on consulting with relevant international organisations and experts on NATO's stake in climate change. (nato.int)
- The Carbon Management Plan ( CMP ) is where we quantify our energy usage and carbon emissions and bring together our carbon reduction activity. (lancaster.ac.uk)
- A comprehensive survey of all buildings across campus has been completed in order to identify energy and utility efficiency projects. (lancaster.ac.uk)
- Faucets that meet energy efficiency standards for WaterSense mustn't use more than 1.5 gpm, a 32% decrease in flow rate over the federal requirement. (wikipedia.org)
- Venture capital and private equity firms are increasingly investing in physician practices. (ama-assn.org)
- The study aims to measure the performance of steel manufacturing firms by determining the effect of Distribution turnover and Inventory Automation over competitive strength and operational efficiencies. (inderscience.com)
- The economic evaluation aims to determine the efficiency of the program and investigates the relationship between costs, performance indicators, and accreditation. (biomedcentral.com)
- This program consists of a systematic audit on the basis of validated performance indicators for diabetes mellitus, CVRM, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), practice organization, patient experience, educational feedback to practices, the requirement to develop structured improvement plans, and a check on the implementation of these plans after one year. (biomedcentral.com)
- Stormwater tank performance significantly depends on management practices. (mdpi.com)
- Providing captains with information on recent performance moderately improved their fuel efficiency. (lse.ac.uk)
- You'll find details of our progress against targets, our latest work and next steps in our Carbon Management Plan and annual Environmental Performance Report 2013-14 . (lancaster.ac.uk)
- How can doctors of optometry ethically incorporate its use into their practices to benefit patients? (aoa.org)
- Ever faster developments in the field of modern optometry practice management software and database solutions raise a key question: How can you ensure long-term data compatibility, security and migration flexibility ? (zeiss.com)
- The current research indicated UIS is recommended as the most appropriate management strategy in paddy soils of Northeast China based on N dynamics. (nature.com)
- The intervention group (n = 35 practices) will be instructed to focus improvement on cardiovascular risk management. (biomedcentral.com)
- The Commerce Commission has today published two reports detailing the findings of its review of regulated gas pipeline businesses' risk management practices. (scoop.co.nz)
- reviewed regulated gas pipeline businesses' risk management practices more generally. (scoop.co.nz)
- The review found that risk management practices are generally in good shape and reasonably consistent across all the gas pipeline businesses. (scoop.co.nz)
- Evaluation and management coding patterns are under the microscope. (healio.com)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense at Work cooling towers best management practice. (energy.gov)
- Responsibility and accountability for sound asset management practices and decisions rests with the regulated gas pipeline businesses. (scoop.co.nz)
- Under the Commission's information disclosure requirements, gas pipeline businesses are required to publicly disclose an asset management plan (AMP) or AMP update each year. (scoop.co.nz)
- The central database is a valuable asset for any ophthalmic practice, storing patient data, electronic medical records and images along with much more information. (zeiss.com)
- Is the asset data in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) accurate? (hfmmagazine.com)
- Increasingly, anesthesia group practices struggle to maintain profits and business growth while faced with decreasing reimbursements. (cnbc.com)
- Dental Practice Management Software Market is an increasingly important part of dental practice administration and is also a clinical tool which is highly advantageous to the management of dental clinics and hospitals. (medgadget.com)
- abeo offers dedicated practice management resources that manage the financial side of the practice-freeing anesthesiologists from day-to-day business concerns so they are able to take on new responsibilities related to patient care. (cnbc.com)
- The project developed and pilot-tested a Web-based implementation of a Team Resource Management (TRM) intervention aimed at improving medication safety in primary care. (ahrq.gov)
- 7. Enteric CH4 :improving feed use efficiency - global Feed use for maintenance vs. productive functions 0.60 140 0.50 120 100 0.40 MJ.animal-1 year-1 Methane per kg milk 80 0.30 60 40 0.20 20 0.10 0 NENA SSA Oceania LAC East & SE Asia South Asia W. Europe E. Europe Russian Fed. (slideshare.net)
- There has been a long-standing interest in improving Best Management Practice (BMP) monitoring within and among states. (usda.gov)
- Post lunch menus for restaurants and take-outs within several miles of the practice so employees can get lunch efficiently and quickly. (managemypractice.com)
- The study highlights the potential for additional benefits of such targeted management initiatives in terms of employee welfare and greenhouse gas emissions. (lse.ac.uk)
- The Adoption of Best-Management Practices by Louisiana Dairy Producers ," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics , Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April. (repec.org)
- Factors Influencing and Steps Leading to the Adoption of Best Management Practices by Louisiana Dairy Farmers ," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics , Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 203-222, April. (repec.org)
- The first model examined the impact of increased productive efficiency for an average U.S. dairy cow when a producer utilizes rbST as a management tool. (pnas.org)
- In addition to facing mounting financial pressures, anesthesiologists' roles are expanding to include the coordination and management of patients' perioperative care before, during and after surgery. (cnbc.com)
- Many states are increasing the scope of practice for APCs to ensure patients get necessary care. (mgma.com)
- Humanitarian Device - Authorized by Federal Law as an aid in the management of chronic, intractable (drug refractory) primary dystonia, including generalized and/or segmental dystonia, hemidystonia, and cervical dystonia (torticollis), in patients seven years of age or above. (medtronic.com)
- Clinics now have the option to outsource their billing, enhance their practice management, and place their entire attention where it belongs - on their patients. (mediware.com)
- In addition to treating patients, you'll also need to make sure you don't overlook how to protect the very thing you are building - your practice. (aao.org)
- Horace Bookwalter Drury, in his 1918 work, Scientific management: A History and Criticism, identified seven other leaders in the movement, most of whom learned of and extended scientific management from Taylor's efforts: Henry L. Gantt (1861-1919) Carl G. Barth (1860-1939) Horace K. Hathaway (1878-1944) Morris L. Cooke (1872-1960) Sanford E. Thompson (1867-1949) Frank B. Gilbreth (1868-1924). (wikipedia.org)
- Streamlined efficiency so you can get right to work! (raintreeinc.com)
- The comparison of the efficiency results reveals that, as expected, a combined bypass-stormwater tank system achieves better results than a tank alone. (mdpi.com)