Long-chain polymer of glucose containing 17-20% sulfur. It has been used as an anticoagulant and also has been shown to inhibit the binding of HIV-1 to CD4-POSITIVE T-LYMPHOCYTES. It is commonly used as both an experimental and clinical laboratory reagent and has been investigated for use as an antiviral agent, in the treatment of hypolipidemia, and for the prevention of free radical damage, among other applications.
The property of blood capillary ENDOTHELIUM that allows for the selective exchange of substances between the blood and surrounding tissues and through membranous barriers such as the BLOOD-AIR BARRIER; BLOOD-AQUEOUS BARRIER; BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER; BLOOD-NERVE BARRIER; BLOOD-RETINAL BARRIER; and BLOOD-TESTIS BARRIER. Small lipid-soluble molecules such as carbon dioxide and oxygen move freely by diffusion. Water and water-soluble molecules cannot pass through the endothelial walls and are dependent on microscopic pores. These pores show narrow areas (TIGHT JUNCTIONS) which may limit large molecule movement.
The formation of clumps of RED BLOOD CELLS under low or non-flow conditions, resulting from the attraction forces between the red blood cells. The cells adhere to each other in rouleaux aggregates. Slight mechanical force, such as occurs in the circulation, is enough to disperse these aggregates. Stronger or weaker than normal aggregation may result from a variety of effects in the ERYTHROCYTE MEMBRANE or in BLOOD PLASMA. The degree of aggregation is affected by ERYTHROCYTE DEFORMABILITY, erythrocyte membrane sialylation, masking of negative surface charge by plasma proteins, etc. BLOOD VISCOSITY and the ERYTHROCYTE SEDIMENTATION RATE are affected by the amount of erythrocyte aggregation and are parameters used to measure the aggregation.
Disease Models, Animal
A highly acidic mucopolysaccharide formed of equal parts of sulfated D-glucosamine and D-glucuronic acid with sulfaminic bridges. The molecular weight ranges from six to twenty thousand. Heparin occurs in and is obtained from liver, lung, mast cells, etc., of vertebrates. Its function is unknown, but it is used to prevent blood clotting in vivo and vitro, in the form of many different salts.
Iron Dextran (Infed) - Side Effects, Interactions, Uses, Dosage, Warnings | Everyday Health
... side effects, and interactions. Learn more about Iron Dextran (Infed) at EverydayHealth.com. ... Find everything you need to know about Iron Dextran (Infed), including what it is used for, warnings, reviews, ... Side Effects. What are the side effects of Iron Dextran (Infed)?. Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic ... Iron dextran must be given slowly. Injecting this medicine too quickly can cause serious side effects. ...
Effect of PGI2 on transcellular transport of fluorescein dextran through an arterial endothelial monolayer - Wikidata
Nutrients | Free Full-Text | Dietary Red Meat Adversely Affects Disease Severity in a Pig Model of DSS-Induced Colitis Despite...
Therefore, we evaluated the effect of a red meat diet on dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis in pigs. Weaned pigs (42 ... histopathological parameters in the colon such as erosion/ulceration and the overall inflammation score but no negative effects ... Therefore, we evaluated the effect of a red meat diet on dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis in pigs. Weaned pigs (42 ... Nielsen, T.S.; Fredborg, M.; Theil, P.K.; Yue, Y.; Bruhn, L.V.; Andersen, V.; Purup, S. Dietary Red Meat Adversely Affects ...
Selected References | BIDMC of Boston
Biorheology - Volume 28, issue 1-2 - Journals - IOS Press
Effects of hematocrit, molecular weight of dextrans and inhibition by dextran 40 on the RBC aggregation induced by dextran of ... the aggregation effect of dextrans of molecular weights equal or higher than 70 000 dalton and disaggregation effect of dextran ... Assessment of red blood cell aggregation with dextran by ultrasonic interferometry Authors: Razavian, S.M. , Guillemin, M-Th. ... The effect of the solvent viscosity on the migration of small molecules through the structure of myoglobin ...
Effect of vitamin C on azoxymethane (AOM)/dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis-associated early colon cancer in mice ... Protective effects of perilla oil and alpha linolenic acid on SH-SY5Y neuronal cell death induced by hydrogen peroxide Lee AY, ... Effects of glutathione s-transferase (GST) M1 and T1 polymorphisms on antioxidant vitamins and oxidative stress-related ... BACKGROUND/OBJECTIVES: The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of vitamin C on inflammation, tumor ...
Amylase Archives - Sugar Industry Technologies
... its effect on process house, Control measures of Dextran and Starch What is Dextran Dextran is the name assigned to a family of ... Dextran and starch effect in sugar process , Dextranase and Amylase enzymes. This article gives a brief idea about role of ... Dextran and starch effect in sugar process , Dextranase and Amylase enzymes * Ion Exchange Resin Process In Sugar Refinery , ... Posted in: Articles, Sugar Articles, Sugar LabTagged: Amylase, Control measures of Dextran and Starch, Dextran, Dextranase, ...
Publications | www.ibmc.up.pt
Role of the Adrenergic System in a Mouse Model of Oxygen-Induced Retinopathy: Antiangiogenic Effects of β-Adrenoreceptor...
Fluorescein-conjugated dextran perfusion of the retinal vessels was performed as previously described. 33 Briefly, in ... Treatment with propranolol at 20 mg kg−1did not affect VEGFR-1 (C) and VEGFR-2 (D) mRNAs. Insets: VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 mRNAs in ... Treatment with propranolol at 20 mg kg−1did not affect VEGFR-1 (C) and VEGFR-2 (D) mRNAs. Insets: VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 mRNAs in ... Treatment with propranolol at 20 mg kg−1did not affect VEGFR-1 (C) and VEGFR-2 (D) mRNAs. Insets: VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 mRNAs in ...
Find Binders - Ingredients for Personal Care & Cosmetics applications, search data sheets, MSDS and request samples | Prospector
These effects can be seen at addition levels of between 0.5 - 10% to color cosmetic and sunscreen formulations. view less ... Dextran (and) Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-19 BONT-L Peptide Powder is a synthetic peptide with Botox-like activity. It is effective ... Various textures could be created since the polymers concentration does not affect viscosity in the final product. view less ... Various textures could be created since the polymers concentration does not affect viscosity in the final product. view less ...
Anemia Board Index: iron infusions side effects - Page 3
Dextran Infusions Question. May 6, 2007. ... How long did each of your infusions take? ... (3 replies) ... I have read about alot of side effects but just wanted to let you know my experience with IV iron infusions. I had 2 infusions ... Is lower back pain and hip pain a side effect of Iron Infusion?. Feb 6, 2009 ... Is lower back pain and hip pain a side effect of Iron Infusion?. Jan 22, 2009 ...
The effect of degree of acrylic derivatisation on dextran and concanavalin A glucose-responsive materials for closed-loop ... Rheological characterisation of dextran-concanavalin A mixtures as a basis for a self-regulated drug delivery device Taylor, M ... Glucose-responsive UV-polymerised dextran-concanavalin A acrylic derivatised mixtures for closed-loop insulin delivery Tanna, ...
Essential Oils: Peppermint And PanAway Oils For Gout
The data show that BC extract has significant anti-arthritic and anti-inflammation effects and suggest that these effects may ... in a rat model with a mild dextran sulphate sodium- (DSS-) induced colitis.... We conclude that the phytogenic additives tested ... Associated topics: inflammation - "[W]e studied the anti-inflammatory and gastroprotective effects of C. citratus [Lemongrass] ... Associated topics: inflammation - "To assess their anti-inflammatory activities, effects of essential oils on neutrophil ...
Cytotoxicity and effect of glycyl-D-phenylalanine-2-naphthylamide on lysosomes<...
... is not affected by Gly-D-Phe-2-NNap. Moreover, that compound does not cause a release of FITC-Dextran present in endosomes. ... is not affected by Gly-D-Phe-2-NNap. Moreover, that compound does not cause a release of FITC-Dextran present in endosomes. ... is not affected by Gly-D-Phe-2-NNap. Moreover, that compound does not cause a release of FITC-Dextran present in endosomes. ... is not affected by Gly-D-Phe-2-NNap. Moreover, that compound does not cause a release of FITC-Dextran present in endosomes. ...
Avene Physiolift Yeux Eye Cream 15ml Price, Uses, Side Effects, Composition - Apollo Pharmacy
Hemin exerts multiple protective mechanisms and attenuates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis<...
In this study, we used a dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced murine colitis model to investigate the effect of upregulating HO ... In this study, we used a dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced murine colitis model to investigate the effect of upregulating HO ... In this study, we used a dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced murine colitis model to investigate the effect of upregulating HO ... In this study, we used a dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced murine colitis model to investigate the effect of upregulating HO ...
China Customized Horse Chestnut Extract Esculin Manufacturers, Suppliers - Factory Direct Wholesale - PRIUS
... but its effect is weaker than that of carrageenan-induced arthritis; it does not inhibit dextran-induced arthritis. ... It has no diuretic effect on normal rats, but has a significant diuretic effect on mice. 3. Others: it has antibacterial, anti- ... It has a weak analgesic effect.. 2. Effect on urine output and uric acid excretion: Various routes of administration can ... It has inhibitory effect on the formation of rat granuloma (cotton ball method), the erythema reaction caused by ultraviolet ...
Refubium - In Vitro Characterization of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Contrast Agents for Molecular Imaging
Furthermore, the effect of known inhibitors of endocytosis was evaluated. In addition, it was evaluated whether linking of ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the biological properties of one citrate- coated and two different dextran-coated ... Es kann geschlossen werden, dass (1) die unspezifische zelluläre Aufnahme ist höher bei Citrat- beschichteten als bei Dextran- ... Nach dem wir die unspezifische Aufnahme der Partikel charakterisiert hatten und zeigen konnten, dass Dextran beschichteten ...
Curcuminoids - Preclinical Evidence
To determine the effect of aspirin, curcumin and their combination in azoxymethane/dextran ... ... Effects of curcumin on Helicobacter pylori infection. To compare the antibacterial effects of five different formulations of ... To understand the effect of curcumin C3 Complex® (Curcumin C3) on attenuation of muscle proteolysis using in vitro and in vivo ... To examine the effects of Curcumin on HNSCC growth in a variety of HNSCC cell lines, xenograft model and in a carcinogen- ...
Antidiabetic effect of Wedelia chinensis leaf extract in alloxan induced Swiss albino diabetic mice | Clinical Phytoscience |...
The present study demonstrated that W. chinensis leaf extract effectively subsidized the hyperglycemic effect along with ... Effects of MEWL on blood glucose levels, activity of liver function enzymes associated with diabetes and serum levels of lipid ... Dietary uptake of Wedelia chinensis extract attenuates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice. PLoS One. 2013;8(5): ... Effects of MEWL on serum SGPT, SGOT and CRP level. Effects of MEWL supplementation in the activity of serum SGPT and SGOT in ...
EPO - T 0427/10 (Microcarrier culture/CANJI) of 17.4.2015
1. A method of achieving a cell density greater than 5x10**(6) producer cells/ml in a cross-linked dextran microcarrier based ... In the boards view, this must be regarded as a technical effect and a clear advantage of the claimed method. ... a) preparing a culture of producer cells attached to cross-linked dextran microcarriers wherein the ratio of producer cells to ... There was no technical effect or advantage associated with a seeding density of 10 cells/microcarrier. Any seeding density ...
Avene Serenage Revitalizing Eye Balm
The combination of a tensor agent of natural origin and a soft focus effect agent, offers an immediate tightening effect. The ... Attenuates the pockets and refreshes the look thanks to the decongestant action of dextran sulphate.. Smoothes, nourishes and ... sodium dextran sulfate, sodium hyaluronate, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol, tocopheryl glucoside, water ( aqua) ...
Desenvolvimento de hidrogéis de dextrano contendo praziquantel
Dextran is a polysaccharide that is highly hydrophilic, non toxic, safe, stable, biocompatible and biodegradable. The objective ... The treatment is done with praziquantel which is effective against all important schistosomiasis species, which affect the ... Hydrogels were prepared and obtained mixing dextran and praziquantel in proportions drug:polymer of 1:0,5 and 1:1 in solvent ... of this work is the development of hydrogels, using dextran with molecular weight of 70kDa and 148kDa, and praziquantel as de ...
The hepatoprotective and antioxidative effect of saffron stigma alcoholic extract against vincristine sulfate induced toxicity...
Thakur V, Kush P, Pandey RS, Jain UK, Chandra R, Madan J. (2016). Vincristine sulfate loaded dextran microspheres amalgamated ... Inhibitory effects of phorbol ester and zinc sulphate. Pathology, research and practice. 189. : 197-203.. Search in Google ... 2016). Protective effects of saffron extract and crocin supplementation on fatty liver tissue of high-fat diet-induced obese ... These effects were notable for rats that received 1mg/kg plant extract. Administration of saffron, especially at higher ...
Ivomec injectable for humans - Ivermectin for demodex dogs - MJR.FX.INC.
Acne can affect ivermectin for poultry any area of your body, but its the most obvious. It may have been used to improve ... Bactrim tablets contain the active ingredient d-sulpho-dextran; the dosage form is a suspension of the drug in water and has a ... This drug may also have serious side effects including increased risk of seizures and blood clots, and a rare form of cancer. ... The studies evaluated whether a clinical dose of ivermectin administered to pregnant dogs had no effect on pregnancy. ...
State Drugstore: Sildenafil efecto en la mujer online consultation!
Hurlbut s plan is to receive, 40 ml blood from the use of certain terms . The adverse effects of any missed veins. ... The enzymes used are iron dextran and iron sucrose. Taining normal weight, not smoking, decreasing instruct the patient voids ... Different anatomic facilitating processing and reporting of adverse effects for each lung) (fig. Close collab- age (years) born ... Systemic adverse effects of the secondary sites. Joey, her 3-year-old son, has just been diagnosed with a longer duration of ...
The use of quantum dots for analysis of chick CAM vasculature.
AllantoisAnimalsChick EmbryoChorionDextransFluorescein-5-isothiocyanateFluorescent DyesMicroscopyElectronFluorescence ... were found to be biocompatible and were kept in circulation over the course of 4 days without any observed deleterious effects ... QDs were found to image vessels as well as or better than FITC-dextrans at 2-3 orders of magnitude lower concentration. We also ... QDs were compared to FITC-dextrans, a fluorescent dye commonly used for imaging CAM vessels. ...
InjectionUlcerative ColitisInduced by Dextran Sulfate SodiumNanoparticlesIntravenous dextran 70MolecularOral Dextran SulfateFluorescein isothiocyanateReceive iron dextranMice with dextranStructure of dextranSulfate sodium-inducedConclusionsFingerprintInflammationResuscitationIntestinalPolysaccharidesSodium ChlorideSucroseDexFerrumColonAbstractLeuconostocDosageSide effectsSupplementationSULPHATEIMSEAR at SEAROAzoxymethaneProtective EffectLife SciencesMedicationFerricCytokinesVascularTemperature2016ColloidalOxygenHypertonicMicrovascularFITCVivoInteractionsTreat hypovolemiaTreatmentDosesColitis in MiceDoseReactionsInflammatoryExertsSignificantly
- Patients in control group were treated with intravenous drip of furosemide (furosemide injection), while those in experimental group received intravenous drip of low molecular dextran based on the treatment in control group. (alliedacademies.org)
- Iron dextran injection may cause severe or life-threatening reactions while you receive the medication. (medlineplus.gov)
- You will receive this medication in a medical facility and your doctor will watch you carefully during each dose of iron dextran injection. (medlineplus.gov)
- Before you receive your first dose of iron dextran injection, your doctor will give you a test dose of medication and watch you carefully for at least 1 hour for any signs of an allergic reaction. (medlineplus.gov)
- You may be at a higher risk of having an allergic reaction to iron dextran injection. (medlineplus.gov)
- You should only receive iron dextran injection if you have a condition that cannot be treated with iron supplements that are taken by mouth. (medlineplus.gov)
- Iron dextran injection is used to treat iron-deficiency anemia (a lower than normal number of red blood cells due to too little iron) in people who cannot be treated with iron supplements taken by mouth. (medlineplus.gov)
- Iron dextran injection is in a class of medications called iron replacement products. (medlineplus.gov)
- Iron dextran injection comes as a solution (liquid) to inject into the muscles of the buttocks or intravenously (into a vein) by a doctor or nurse in a medical facility. (medlineplus.gov)
- Your doctor will determine how often you receive iron dextran injection and your total number of doses based on your weight, medical condition, and how well you respond to the medication. (medlineplus.gov)
- You may experience a delayed reaction to iron dextran injection, beginning 24 to 48 hours after receiving a dose of medication and lasting for approximately 3 to 4 days. (medlineplus.gov)
- or any of the ingredients in iron dextran injection. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you become pregnant while receiving iron dextran injection, call your doctor. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you miss an appointment to receive iron dextran injection, call your doctor as soon as possible. (medlineplus.gov)
- Dextran is given as an injection through a needle placed into a vein. (cardiosmart.org)
- IRON HYDROGENATED DEXTRAN INJECTION is a sterile solution containing 100 mg of elemental iron per mL, stabilized with a low molecular weight hydrogenated dextran and 0.5% phenol as a preservative. (nih.gov)
- Dextran 70 is a type of fluid given by injection into a vein to expand blood volume. (wikipedia.org)
- Retro-orbital injection of FITC-dextran is an effective and economical method for observing mouse retinal vessels. (nih.gov)
- To assess the effects of retro-orbital (RO) injection of fluorescein isothiocyanate dextran (FITC-dextran) for observing mouse retinal vessels. (nih.gov)
- At P17, 45 P17 OIR mice and 12 normal mice received an RO injection of FITC-dextran. (nih.gov)
- The suitable volume of FITC-dextran for RO injection to observe the retinal vessels of a P17 OIR mouse was 0.05 ml, the 5% volume required to achieve similar results by administering FITC-dextran using LV perfusion. (nih.gov)
- The total retinal vessels in P17 OIR mice could be fully observed under a ﬂuorescence microscope 3 s after RO injection of FITC-dextran. (nih.gov)
- Our study showed that RO injection of FITC-dextran was suitable for observing the retinal vessels of all postnatal mice. (nih.gov)
- Retro-orbital injection of FITC-dextran is an economical method for observing retinal vessels in mice, when compared with LV perfusion of FITC-dextran. (nih.gov)
- Representative retinal flatmounts from a P17 oxygen-induced retinopathy mouse after a retro-orbital injection of different volumes of fluorescein isothiocyanate dextran (FITC)-dextran. (nih.gov)
- The superficial and deep vascular plexuses of the retina in a P17 oxygen-induced retinopathy mouse after a retro-orbital injection of fluorescein isothiocyanate dextran (FITC)-dextran. (nih.gov)
- Time course of fluorescence of a P17 oxygen-induced retinopathy mouse after a retro-orbital injection of fluorescein isothiocyanate dextran (FITC)-dextran. (nih.gov)
- Protective Effect of Amphipterygium adstringens Extract on Dextran Sulphate Sodium-Induced Ulcerative Colitis in Mice," Mediators of Inflammation , vol. 2016, Article ID 8543561, 12 pages, 2016. (hindawi.com)
- Anti-inflammatory effects of methanol extract of Patrinia scabiosaefolia in mice with ulcerative colitis. (ssjournals.com)
- IMSEAR at SEARO: Protective Effect Of Hydro-Alcoholic Extract Of Dried Fruits Of Helicteres Isora In Dextran Sulfate Sodium (DSS) Induced Ulcerative Colitis In Experimental Wistar Rats. (who.int)
- Ulcerative colitis is a most common form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) which mainly affect colon. (who.int)
- The aim of the present study was to determine the effect of hydroalcoholic extract of dried fruits of Helicteres isora in dextran sulfate sodium induced ulcerative colitis in experimental wistar rats. (who.int)
- Oxymatrine (OMT) is an important quinoxaline alkaloid that has a wide range of pharmacological effects and has been shown to alleviate ulcerative colitis due to its profound anti-inflammatory effects. (portlandpress.com)
Induced by Dextran Sulfate Sodium1
- This study investigated the effects of chlorpyrifos (CPF) on immune-cell populations and intestinal inflammation using a mouse model of inflammatory bowel disease induced by dextran sulfate sodium (DSS). (elsevier.com)
- Graphical abstract Taking advantage of the enhanced permeation and retention (EPR) effect is a promising approach for delivering macromolecules or nanoparticles to tumors. (ovid.com)
- Dextran can be used as a stabilizing coating to protect metal nanoparticles from oxidation and improve biocompatibility. (wikipedia.org)
- Sterilization on dextran-coated iron oxide nanoparticles: Effects of a" by L. Li, K. Y. Mak et al. (edu.hk)
- Extravasation and distribution of nanoparticles and 2MDa dextran in tumor imaged by multiphoton microscopy during ultrasound sonication. (sintef.no)
Intravenous dextran 701
- We studied the effect of intravenous dextran 70 infusion on lung liquid and protein exchange to determine whether its effects were due to altered hemodynamics or to altered microvascular permeability. (ahajournals.org)
- Dr. Bailie reported that during the 6-year observation period, annual sales increased in Europe for ferric gluconate (1.4 to 1.6 million DEq), iron sucrose (0.65 to 1.9 million DEq), and iron dextran, which has only been in a low-molecular-weight formulation since 2005 (0.02 to 0.15 million DEq). (medscape.com)
- Only low-molecular-weight (LMW) iron dextran has been sold in Europe since 2005. (medscape.com)
- In addition, the difference in AE rates for iron dextran might reflect the higher use of high-molecular-weight iron dextran in North America. (medscape.com)
- High-molecular weight dextran is a plasma volume expander made from natural sources of sugar (glucose). (everydayhealth.com)
- FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether high-molecular weight dextran will harm an unborn baby. (everydayhealth.com)
- It is not known whether high-molecular weight dextran passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. (everydayhealth.com)
- Other drugs may interact with high-molecular weight dextran, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. (everydayhealth.com)
- Your breathing, blood pressure, oxygen levels, kidney function, and other vital signs will be watched closely while you are receiving high-molecular weight dextran. (everydayhealth.com)
- Low molecular dextran combined with furosemide is significantly effective in the treatment of edema in children with nephrotic syndrome, which promotes the extinction of edema and improves the renal function, so it is worth promoting. (alliedacademies.org)
- What is the most important information I should know about high-molecular weight dextran? (cigna.com)
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before I receive high-molecular weight dextran? (cigna.com)
- What should I avoid after receiving high-molecular weight dextran? (cigna.com)
- What are the possible side effects of high-molecular weight dextran? (cigna.com)
- What other drugs will affect high-molecular weight dextran? (cigna.com)
- Dextrans are available in multiple molecular weights ranging from 3,000 Da to 2,000,000 Da. (wikipedia.org)
- The mitogenic response of murine splenocytes was enhanced by the phosphorylated dextran, but its activity was not related to its molecular weight. (elsevier.com)
- The effect of self-sorting and co-assembly on the mechanical properties of low molecular weight hydrogels. (google.com)
- The present study investigated the potential molecular mechanisms for the protective effect of glutamine in a murine model of azoxymethane (AOM)/dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced CAC. (mdpi.com)
Oral Dextran Sulfate5
- To evaluate the tolerance and safety of oral dextran sulfate (UAOO1), a potent in-vitro inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in patients with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related complex. (annals.org)
- Oral dextran sulfate was given three times daily in total daily doses of 900 to 5400 mg for 8 weeks. (annals.org)
- Oral dextran sulfate was given without significant side effects. (annals.org)
- Oral dextran sulfate appears to be well tolerated. (annals.org)
- However, in view of the promising invitro effects and acceptable toxicity, oral dextran sulfate as a potential antiretroviral agent continues to be studied. (annals.org)
- Dextran coupled with a fluorescent molecule such as fluorescein isothiocyanate can be used to create concentration gradients of diffusible molecules for imaging and allow subsequent characterization of gradient slope. (wikipedia.org)
Receive iron dextran1
- You should not receive iron dextran if you have a type of anemia that is not caused by iron deficiency. (cigna.com)
Mice with dextran1
- We first developed a procedure to treat burn wounds on mice with dextran hydrogels. (pnas.org)
Structure of dextran2
- The structure of dextran produced depends not only on the family and species of the bacterium but on the strain. (wikipedia.org)
- Clinical grade dextran is produced using Leuconostoc mesenteroides strain NRRL B-512 = CIP 78.59 or substrains thereof.1 The polymeric structure of dextran is shown in Figure 1. (chromatographytoday.com)
- TY - JOUR T1 - Effect of dehydroepiandrosterone on the immune response and gut microbiota in dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis mice. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Conclusions: The absence of deleterious hemodynamic or metabolic side effects following HSD infusion in patients with major thermal injury confirms the safety of this resuscitation strategy. (elsevier.com)
- Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Effects of orally-administered bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (elsevier.com)
- BACKGROUD/OBJECTIVES: The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of vitamin C on inflammation, tumor development, and dysbiosis of intestinal microbiota in an azoxymethane (AOM)/dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced inflammation-associated early colon cancer mouse model. (koreascience.or.kr)
- However, dextran sodium sulfate induced inflammation could not be confirmed by plasma levels of Il1, Il6 and TNFalpha. (ingentaconnect.com)
- Although some parameters showed a tendency to improve, the inflammation caused by administration of 4% dextran sodium sulfate during 7 days was low and contradictory to other studies. (ingentaconnect.com)
- In addition to genetic heterogeneity, development of CRC through the adenoma-carcinoma sequence is affected by dietary habits and inflammation [ 1 ]. (mdpi.com)
- Dextran sodium sulfate (DSS) is the most widely used chemical for inducing colitis in animals, and its treatment induces colonic inflammation, acute diarrhea, and shortening of the intestine, with clinical and histological similarity to human UC. (elsevier.com)
- however, its in vivo effect on intestinal inflammation remains unknown. (ovid.com)
- The potential therapeutic effect of OMT on acute intestinal inflammation and its impact on the RhoA/ROCK signaling pathway were assessed in six groups of mice treated with low, medium and high doses of OMT (25, 50 and 100 mg/kg, respectively), and an inhibitor of ROCK, Y-27632, as a positive control, after initiating dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced acute intestinal inflammation. (portlandpress.com)
- Hypothesis: Clinical study can help determine the safety and cardiovascular and systemic effects of an early infusion of 7.5% sodium chloride in 6% dextran-70 (hypertonic saline-dextran-70 [HSD]) given as an adjuvant to a standard resuscitation with lactated Ringer (RL) solution following severe thermal injury. (elsevier.com)
- Early administration of HSD after a severe thermal injury may reduce burn-related cardiac dysfunction, but it had no effect on the volume of resuscitation or serum biochemistry values. (elsevier.com)
- Herndon, David N. / Effects of hypertonic saline dextran resuscitation on oxygen delivery, oxygen consumption, and lipid peroxidation after burn injury . (utmb.edu)
- Comparing the effects of Dextran 70 and Hydroxyethyl starch in an intestinal storage solution. (semanticscholar.org)
- If possible before you receive dextran, tell your doctor if you have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder, a blood cell disorder, heart disease or congestive heart failure, kidney disease, a stomach or intestinal disorder, pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs), urination problems, a food or drug allergy, or if you are on a low-salt diet. (cardiosmart.org)
- Intestinal flora affects the sensory, motor and immune functions of the intestine, and also interacts with higher nervous centers. (eurchembull.com)
- As such, intestinal luminal iron availability is highly dependent on dietary components and/or iron supplementation and holds the potential to directly affect microbial composition. (frontiersin.org)
- Dextran is a complex mixture of polysaccharides, principally of the α-1,6- glucan type, which is produced by the fermentation of sucrose by certain lactic acid bacteria, e.g. (chromatographytoday.com)
- To investigate the binding of the sulphated polysaccharides, dextran sulphate and heparin, to CD4 and gp120 in order to examine the anti-HIV mechanisms of these compounds. (nih.gov)
- Hunt, John L. / Cardiovascular effect of 7.5% sodium chloride-dextran infusion after thermal injury . (elsevier.com)
- Sales increased in North America for iron sucrose (1.1 to 2.8 million DEq), were unchanged for ferric gluconate (1.0 to 0.97 million DEq), and decreased for iron dextran (0.33 to 0.26 million DEq). (medscape.com)
- Nevertheless, in Europe, iron sucrose similars are currently dealt with as being identical to the originator," he said, even though evidence shows that the physical chemical characteristics of the similars are very different from the originator, with possible toxicologic effects. (medscape.com)
- Dextran is a complicating contaminant in the refining of sugar because it elevates the viscosity of sucrose solutions and fouls plumbing. (wikipedia.org)
- Dextran is now produced from sucrose by certain lactic acid bacteria of the family lactobacillus. (wikipedia.org)
- DexFerrum (iron dextran). (drugs.com)
- los focos de criptas aberrantes (ACF) son lesiones preneoplásicas en colon que pueden ser utilizados como herramienta para estudiar procesos preventivos para el cáncer colorectal (CCR). (isciii.es)
- en la etapa subcrónica se observaron cambios entre grupos en el peso del hígado y colon, y en el conteo de linfocitos. (isciii.es)
- En ambas etapas se observaron daños histopatológicos en hígado, riñón y colon, así como alteraciones en los niveles de glucosa sérica. (isciii.es)
- abstract = "The immunological effects of phosphorylated dextran (in which phosphate groups were chemically introduced) on murine splenocytes were examined. (elsevier.com)
- When dextran produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides was phosphorylated by a reaction with polyphosphoric acid in formamide solution for 48 h, the degree of phosphorylation of dextran was maximal. (elsevier.com)
- Cerner Multum™ provides the data within some of the Basics, Side Effects, Interactions, and Dosage tabs. (everydayhealth.com)
- Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention. (drugs.com)
- Some side effects of iron dextran may occur that usually do not need medical attention. (drugs.com)
- These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. (drugs.com)
- Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. (drugs.com)
- This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. (drugs.com)
- Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. (drugs.com)
- Some side effects may not be reported. (drugs.com)
- You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. (everydayhealth.com)
- Injecting this medicine too quickly can cause serious side effects. (cigna.com)
- Your doctor may want to give your first dose of this medicine in a hospital to quickly treat any serious side effects that occur. (cigna.com)
- What are the possible side effects of iron dextran? (cigna.com)
- Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects. (medlineplus.gov)
- Common side effects include vomiting, fever, and joint pains. (wikipedia.org)
- Other side effects include allergic reactions and poor blood clotting. (wikipedia.org)
- What Are Side Effects Associated with Using Manganese? (rxlist.com)
- There are no documented side effects of manganese. (rxlist.com)
- This document does not contain all possible side effects and others may occur. (rxlist.com)
- Check with your physician for additional information about side effects. (rxlist.com)
- However, unlike warfarin, less is known regarding their long-term side effects. (bioportfolio.com)
- What side effects are possible with this medication? (medbroadcast.com)
- Many medications can cause side effects. (medbroadcast.com)
- This study was conducted to investigate serum amino acids profile in dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis, and impacts of graded dose of arginine or glutamine supplementation on the colitis. (nih.gov)
- This study investigated iron deficiency anaemia on UK dairy farms feeding whole milk and evaluated the effect of iron supplementation on the daily weight gain (DG) and haemoglobin (Hb) levels of these calves. (rvc.ac.uk)
- Kefir supplementation had favorable effects on some metabolic syndrome parameters. (greenmedinfo.com)
- The effect of psyllium supplementation on blood pressure. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Solutions of fluorescently-labelled dextran can be perfused through engineered vessels to analyze vascular permeability Dextran is used to make microcarriers for industrial cell culture Orally-administered dextran sodium sulphate is used to induce colitis in animal models of inflammatory bowel disease. (wikipedia.org)
- The aim of this study was to determine whether oral administration of DHNA can ameliorate dextran sodium sulphate (DSS) induced colitis and to determine the possible underlying mechanisms. (ovid.com)
- It was demonstrated that dextran sulphate inhibits gp120-sCD4 binding at concentrations of 100 micrograms/ml, whereas heparin has no effect. (nih.gov)
- The modes of action of heparin and dextran sulphate differ. (nih.gov)
- Dextran sulphate both inhibits CD4-gp120 binding and binds to the V3 loop of gp120. (nih.gov)
IMSEAR at SEARO1
- IMSEAR at SEARO: Adjuvant effect of DEAE-dextran and tetanus toxoid on whole cell heat inactivated phenol preserved typhoid vaccine. (who.int)
- This model consists of initiation induced by azoxymethane (AOM) and promoted by sodium dextran sulfate (DSS), simulating human colonic carcinogenesis in a rat model. (isciii.es)
- The protective effect of AaEE was determined at 200 mg/kg by oral gavage for 10 days. (elsevierpure.com)
- This protective effect may be due to the regulations of the productions and an expression of inflammatory mediators. (ssjournals.com)
- Miyako M, Noboru H. Protective effect of epigallocatechin gallate on acute experimental colitis. (ssjournals.com)
- Drug information on IMFERON F-12 inj® (Iron Dextran) from Shreya Life Sciences Pvt. (medindia.net)
- Dextran may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. (everydayhealth.com)
- Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication will affect you. (medindia.net)
- You should not be given this medication if you are allergic to dextran, or if you have severe kidney or heart disease. (cardiosmart.org)
- It may take up to 2 weeks to see the full effects of this medication. (medbroadcast.com)
- Many things can affect the dose of a medication that a person needs, such as body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications. (medbroadcast.com)
- A side effect is an unwanted response to a medication when it is taken in normal doses. (medbroadcast.com)
- The primary objective of this study is to assess the safety of an investigational intravenous iron (ferric carboxymaltose [FCM]) or an equal dose of iron dextran and explore the mechanism of hypophosphatemia following administration of FCM or that of an equal dose of iron dextran when treating women with iron deficiency anemia due to heavy uterine bleeding (HUB). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Collectively, our evidence shows that customized dextran-based hydrogel alone, with no additional growth factors, cytokines, or cells, promoted remarkable neovascularization and skin regeneration and may lead to novel treatments for dermal wounds. (pnas.org)
- We determine the effect of AaEE on clinical features (disease activity index), antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and immunomodulatory activities in relation to the activity of SOD, CAT, and GPx, levels of proinflammatory cytokines, and changes both macroscopic and microscopic of the colonic mucosa. (elsevierpure.com)
- T here is evidence that spinal cord injury (SCI) in the acute phase is caused by two separate mechanisms: the initial mechanical damage and secondary changes due to vascular or biochemical effects. (thejns.org)
- Pulmonary vascular pressures increased after dextran and remained elevated for 8 hours, whereas after saline the pressures returned to baseline within 1 hour. (ahajournals.org)
- The antithrombotic effect of dextran is mediated through its binding of erythrocytes, platelets, and vascular endothelium, increasing their electronegativity and thus reducing erythrocyte aggregation and platelet adhesiveness. (wikipedia.org)
- To obtain new knowledge on the influence of vascular parameters on extravasation and to elucidate the effect of acoustic pressure on extravasation and penetration of nanoscale particles in. (sintef.no)
- The reliability of an infusion of 500 ml cold or room temperature 6% dextran 70 in normal saline as a volume expander was studied in eleven subjects after removal of 500 ml blood. (springer.com)
- It is concluded that the temperature of the infusion solution between 4°C-20°C probably does not influence the volume effect of 6% dextran 70 in hypovolemic man. (springer.com)
- However, in the presence of dextran the temperature dependence of the chaperone action of αA-crystallin is eliminated. (edu.au)
- The Effect of Temperature, Pressure and Co-Solv. (chromatographytoday.com)
- 2016) How Dextran Sulfate Affects C1-inhibitor Activity: A Model for Polysaccharide Potentiation. (omicsonline.org)
- The results show that for a rat model the dominant source of signal variation upon changing breathing gas from 100% oxygen to 10% oxygen/90% nitrogen is the change in blood magnetic susceptibility associated with the BOLD effect. (biomedsearch.com)
- We compared the effects of lactated Ringer's (LR) and hypertonic saline dextran (HSD) on postburn cardiovascular function, 02 consumption, lipid peroxidation, and bacterial translocation. (utmb.edu)
- Hypertonic saline dextran may be beneficial in improving the postburn microcirculation and attenuating postburn oxidant- induced lipid peroxidation in the systemic tissues and the gut. (utmb.edu)
- CONCLUSION: An effect on albumin microvascular permeability of the synthetic colloids dextran 70, HES 200/0.5, and urea-linked gelatin could not be shown by a method analyzing their effect on the reflection coefficient for albumin. (lu.se)
- Dextran 70 increased liquid filtration mainly by increasing microvascular pressure and possibly filtration surface area. (ahajournals.org)
- This method utilizes FITC-dextran, which accumulates in lysosome-related organelles, as a reporter. (jove.com)
- Five P17 OIR mice were perfused with FITC-dextran via the left ventricle. (nih.gov)
- The fluorescence of 0.01-0.04 ml of FITC-dextran was too weak, while the fluorescence of 0.05 ml or 0.10 ml was fully observed. (nih.gov)
- The fluorescence of FITC-dextran in small retinal vessels was too weak at 1 s and 2 s, but the retinal vessels were fully observed at 3 s and could still be seen at 5 h. (nih.gov)
- OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the effects of the three commercially available colloid solutions, 6% dextran 70, 6% hydroxyethyl starch (HES) 200/0.5, and 3.5% urea-linked gelatin on permeability for human albumin in a skeletal muscle in vivo model by evaluating their effects on the reflection coefficient for albumin. (lu.se)
- In this study, dextran spermine, pullulan spermine and dextran hexamine were used as non-viral vectors for in vitro and in vivo CXCR4 siRNAs. (upm.edu.my)
- Oral in vivo Bactofection in Dextran Sulfate Sodium Treated Femal. (ingentaconnect.com)
- This information does not contain all possible interactions or adverse effects. (rxlist.com)
- Dextran is used to treat hypovolemia (decreased volume of circulating blood plasma), that can result from surgery, trauma or injury, severe burns, or other causes of bleeding. (everydayhealth.com)
- Outside of these features, larger dextrans, which do not pass out of the vessels, are potent osmotic agents, thus have been used urgently to treat hypovolemia. (wikipedia.org)
- V. B. Koziner, The Mechanism of the Physiological Action of Dextran when Used in the Treatment of Acute Blood Loss. (springer.com)
- Iron dextran is used for the treatment of iron-deficiency anaemia where oral therapy is ineffective or impracticable. (mims.com)
- All eyes underwent pre-treatment with Riboflavin 0.1% in 20% dextran solution every 2 minutes for 30 minutes. (arvojournals.org)
- After pre-treatment with riboflavin 0.1%/dextran, mean thickness was 417.2µm (ranging 323 to 535) for RIBO eyes and 417.0µm (ranging 317 to 468) for HYPO eyes. (arvojournals.org)
- Average corneal pachymetry prior to Dextran treatment was 644.69 and average post-treatment pachymetry measurement was 629.92. (arvojournals.org)
- Animal study demonstrated that inhibition of CXCR4 gene with CXCR4 siRNAI, II/dextran spermine was more efficient than naked CXCR4 siRNAI, II and also post treatment follow transfection of tumor cells more efficient than just transfection cells treatment with naked CXCR4 siRNAI, II or CXCR4 siRNAI, II/dextran spermine.CXCR4 expression was correlated with serum total lactate dehydrogenase, alkaline phosphatase and creatine kinase. (upm.edu.my)
- This study was undertaken to address the response of sperm, oocyte, and resultant blastocyst to dextran-coated SPIONs (D-SPIONs) treatment during murine in vitro fertilization (IVF). (ijfs.ir)
- Dextran hydrogels are soft and pliable, offering opportunities to improve the management of burn wound treatment. (pnas.org)
- Plasma concentrations of Il1, Il6 were lower in the treatment groups than in the dextran sodium sulfate group. (ingentaconnect.com)
- Oral anticoagulants that are widely used for the treatment of thrombo-embolic disease exert their effect by blocking the recycling of vitamin K. Vitamin K acts as a co-factor in the posttr. (bioportfolio.com)
- So, from our study we found that CP exerts marked protective effects in acute experimental colitis and may be used clinically in treatment of IBD. (ssjournals.com)
- There has been great progress in characterizing the effect of this treatment option on corneal hydrodynamic behavior, collagen fibril diameter, keratocytes, and endothelial cells, among others. (healio.com)
Colitis in Mice1
- We investigated the effects of alcoholic extract of A. adstringens (AaEE) in DSS-induced colitis in mice. (elsevierpure.com)
- In Europe and North America, the rates of total AEs, anaphylaxis, and anaphylactoid reactions were several-fold higher with IV iron dextran than with other IV iron products. (medscape.com)
- However, the enzyme size is another important factor influencing the velocity of the reactions of large enzymes occurring in Dextran crowded media. (ub.edu)
- Iron dextran can cause severe and sometimes fatal allergic reactions or severely low blood pressure. (cigna.com)
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) possess anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and immune-regulating function in animals and humans, but there is not enough information about the mechanisms underlying its beneficial effects. (unboundmedicine.com)
- In the present study, we report the optimal size of a nanoparticle for allowing the higher accumulation of a particle in an inflammatory lesion using a dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis model. (ovid.com)
- Results showed the potential synergic effect of combined bacteria-mediated antioxidative and anti-inflammatory gene therapy. (ingentaconnect.com)
- These findings suggest that dietary exposure to CPF affected immune-cell populations and inflammatory responses, which led to more severe tissue injury in mice with DSS-induced colitis. (elsevier.com)
- Recently, galactosaminogalactan (GAG), a new component of the Aspergillus cell wall, was discovered to have potent anti-inflammatory effects in mice making them more susceptible to Aspergillosis. (prolekare.cz)
- Introduction: alpha 7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) play an important role in vagus nerve-based cholinergic anti-inflammatory effects. (rti.org)
- These results demonstrate that dextran exerts immunostimulation by the introduction of phosphate groups. (elsevier.com)