Education, Medical, Continuing
Education, Medical, Graduate
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
Education, Nursing, Continuing
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Education, Dental, Continuing
Education, Pharmacy, Continuing
Physical Education and Training
Education, Dental, Graduate
Education, Nursing, Graduate
Internship and Residency
Education of Hearing Disabled
Attitude of Health Personnel
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Education, Public Health Professional
Health Education, Dental
Systematic identification, development, organization, or utilization of educational resources and the management of these processes. It is occasionally used also in a more limited sense to describe the use of equipment-oriented techniques or audiovisual aids in educational settings. (Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, December 1993, p132)
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Behaviors expressed by individuals to protect, maintain or promote their health status. For example, proper diet, and appropriate exercise are activities perceived to influence health status. Life style is closely associated with health behavior and factors influencing life style are socioeconomic, educational, and cultural.
Education, Pharmacy, Graduate
Education, Nursing, Baccalaureate
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Interviews as Topic
School Health Services
Students, Health Occupations
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
A medical discipline that is based on the philosophy that all body systems are interrelated and dependent upon one another for good health. This philosophy, developed in 1874 by Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, recognizes the concept of "wellness" and the importance of treating illness within the context of the whole body. Special attention is placed on the MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM.
Early Intervention (Education)
Procedures and programs that facilitate the development or skill acquisition in infants and young children who have disabilities, who are at risk for developing disabilities, or who are gifted. It includes programs that are designed to prevent handicapping conditions in infants and young children and family-centered programs designed to affect the functioning of infants and children with special needs. (From Journal of Early Intervention, Editorial, 1989, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 3; A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, prepared for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, 1976)
Health Status Disparities
Rural Health Services
Health Services Accessibility
Fellowships and Scholarships
Area Health Education Centers
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Medically Underserved Area
Community Health Services
Primary Health Care
European Continental Ancestry Group
Health Services Needs and Demand
Child Nutrition Sciences
School Admission Criteria
Cultural and linguistic competence is a set of congruent behaviors, attitudes, and policies that come together in a system, agency, or among professionals that enables effective work in cross-cultural situations. Competence implies the capacity to function effectively as an individual and an organization within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by consumers and their communities.
Quality of Life
Health Care Surveys
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Programmed Instruction as Topic
Patient Care Team
Allied Health Personnel
Health care workers specially trained and licensed to assist and support the work of health professionals. Often used synonymously with paramedical personnel, the term generally refers to all health care workers who perform tasks which must otherwise be performed by a physician or other health professional.
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Delivery of Health Care
Report of the Psychotherapy Task Force of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. (1/1104)In this task force report, the authors define the field of child and adolescent psychotherapy; review the state of the field with respect to advocacy, training, research, and clinical practice; and recommend steps to ensure that psychotherapy remains a core competence of child and adolescent psychiatrists. (+info)
Childhood immunization coverage in zone 3 of Dhaka City: the challenge of reaching impoverished households in urban Bangladesh. (2/1104)A household survey of 651 children aged 12-23 months in Zone 3 of Dhaka City carried out in 1995 revealed that 51% of them had fully completed the series of childhood immunizations. Immunization coverage in slum households was only half that in non-slum households. Apart from residence in a slum household, other characteristics strongly associated with the completion of the entire series of childhood immunizations included the following: educational level of the mother, number of children in the family household, mother's employment status, distance from the nearest immunization site, and number of home visits from family-planning field workers. The findings point to the need to improve childhood immunization promotion and service delivery among slum populations. Two promising strategies for improving coverage are to reduce the number of missed opportunities for immunization promotion during encounters between health workers and clients, and to identify through visits to households those children who need additional immunizations. In the long run, increasing the educational level of women will provide a strong stimulus for improving childhood immunization coverage in the population. (+info)
Eradication of schistosomiasis in Guangxi, China. Part 3. Community diagnosis of the worst-affected areas and maintenance strategies for the future. (3/1104)Reported are the results of a community-based assessment of maintenance of schistosomiasis eradication in Guangxi, a large autonomous region of China with a population of 44 million. Eradication of the disease was achieved in 1989 in Guangxi but maintenance costs are rising. We focused on three counties that had the most intense transmission in the past: Binyang, Jingxi, and Yishan. Four instruments were used: in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, a knowledge, attitudes and practices survey, and subsequent community feedback. In the past, schistosomiasis had serious consequences in Guangxi, decreasing work capacity and restricting marriage and occupational mobility. Since its eradication there have been clear benefits in terms of increased agricultural output and improved farming conditions. Personal habits and traditional manual farming activities in Guangxi would continue to expose a large proportion of the population to environmental risk if the disease were to return. Ignorance about control programme achievements is increasing and is related to youth and inexperience. There was a universal desire in the study counties for more local education about the history of the programme and about the risk of schistosomiasis returning. Snail surveillance is considered important, but people are not willing to volunteer for such work. Our study methods were novel for Guangxi and community feedback was helpful. Snail checking procedures have been modified to make them more efficient and no snails have been found since 1992. The animal and human stool examinations have ceased and vigilance now concentrates on snails and children (skin tests). The long-term strategy is to make the population invulnerable to future schistosomiasis transmission if the snail vectors return. This means continuing education and making the former endemic counties a high priority for water and sanitation improvements. (+info)
Too far, too little, too late: a community-based case-control study of maternal mortality in rural west Maharashtra, India. (4/1104)A total of 121 maternal deaths, identified through multiple-source surveillance in 400 villages in Maharashtra, were prospectively enrolled during 1993-95 in a population-based case-control study, which compared deaths with the survivors of similar pregnancy complications. The cases took significantly longer to seek care and to make the first health contact after the decision to seek care was taken. They also travelled significantly greater distances through a greater number of health facilities before appropriate treatment was started. Multivariate analysis showed the negative effect of excessive referrals and the protective effect of the following: residing in and not away from the village; presence of a resident nurse in the village; having an educated husband and a trained attendant at delivery; and being at the woman's parents' home at the time of illness. Other significant findings showed that deaths due to domestic violence were the second-largest cause of deaths in pregnancy, that more than two-thirds of maternal deaths were underreported in official records, and that liveborn infants of maternal deaths had a markedly higher risk of dying in the first year of life. This study points to the need for information-education-communication (IEC) efforts to increase family (especially male) preparedness for emergencies, decentralized obstetric management with effective triage, and a restructuring of the referral system. (+info)
Tuberculin skin testing among economically disadvantaged youth in a federally funded job training program. (5/1104)Low income, medically underserved communities are at increased risk for tuberculosis. Limited population-based national data are available about tuberculous infection in young people from such backgrounds. To determine the prevalence of a positive tuberculin skin test among economically disadvantaged youth in a federally funded job training program during 1995 and 1996, the authors evaluated data from medical records of 22,565 randomly selected students from over 100 job training centers throughout the United States. An estimated 5.6% of students had a documented positive skin test or history of active tuberculosis. Rates were highest among those who were racial/ethnic minorities, foreign born, and (among foreign-born students) older in age (p < 0.001). Weighted rates (adjusting for sampling) were 1.3% for white, 2.2% for Native American, 4.0% for black, 9.6% for Hispanic, and 40.7% for Asian/Pacific Islander students; rates were 2.4% for US-born and 32.7% for foreign-born students. Differences by geographic region of residence were not significant after adjusting for other demographic factors. Tuberculin screening of socioeconomically disadvantaged youth such as evaluated in this study provides important sentinel surveillance data concerning groups at risk for tuberculous infection and allows recommended public health interventions to be offered. (+info)
Inequalities in mortality according to educational level in two large Southern European cities. (6/1104)BACKGROUND: In Spain, studies on social inequalities in mortality based on individuals are few due to the poor quality of information on occupation in death certificates. This study looks at the differences in mortality according to educational level, using individual information obtained through the linkage between the Death Register and the Municipal Census, in the cities of Madrid and Barcelona, Spain. METHODS: The study populations were residents of Madrid and Barcelona aged >24 years, who died in 1993 and 1994. Indicators obtained for each city and educational level were: age- and sex-specific mortality rates, and life expectancy at 25 years. Poisson regression models were fitted to obtain the relative risk (RR) of death for each educational level with respect to the reference level (higher education completed), adjusted for age. RESULTS: The mortality rate was lower among individuals with higher educational levels, while life expectancy at 25 years was higher. In both cities men and women with no education showed the highest mortality in all age groups, with very high RR in the youngest age group (RR for men aged 25-34 years = 7.08 in Madrid and 6.02 in Barcelona, whereas in women these RR were 6.33 and 5.63 respectively). In Barcelona the greater part of the overall mortality difference for the group aged 25-34 years was due to AIDS (acquired deficiency syndrome, 33.4% in men and 59.3% in women). CONCLUSION: The present study has found higher mortality (mainly from AIDS) among individuals with no academic qualifications thus drawing attention to the need to implement policies aimed at reducing these inequalities. (+info)
Longitudinal cohort study of the epidemiology of malaria infections in an area of intense malaria transmission I. Description of study site, general methodology, and study population. (7/1104)A large-scale longitudinal cohort project was initiated in western Kenya in June 1992. The primary purpose of the project was to study Plasmodium falciparum malaria in a highly endemic area using a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach, which included epidemiology, entomology, and immunology. Between June 1992 and July 1994, pregnant women living in 15 rural villages were identified during a monthly census and 1,164 were enrolled. The women were followed-up throughout their pregnancy and they, along with their newborn infants and direct siblings of the infants' less than 15 years of age, were monitored over time. As of May 1995, 1,017 infants had been born to these women. This paper presents the design and general methodology used in this study and describes the initial experience with intense monitoring of a large population over a prolonged period. (+info)
Impact of nativity and race on "Stroke Belt" mortality. (8/1104)The southeastern region of the United States has been recognized for 6 decades as an area of excess cerebrovascular mortality rates. While the reasons for the disease variation remain an enigma, South Carolina has consistently been the forerunner of the "Stroke Belt." To determine the effects of nativity (birthplace) on stroke mortality rates in South Carolina, proportional mortality ratios (PMRs) were calculated for stroke deaths in South Carolina during 1980-1996 according to birthplace and stratified by gender, race, age, and educational status. The analyses revealed a graded risk of stroke by birthplace, with the highest PMRs (95% CI) among individuals born in South Carolina (104.8 [103.4 to 106.3]), intermediate PMRs in those born in the Southeast other than South Carolina (92.5 [90.2 to 94.9]), and lowest PMRs for those born outside the Southeast (77.4 [74.9 to 80.1]). The lower stroke PMRs for individuals born outside the Southeast were more striking in blacks (51.8 [45.2 to 59.3]) than in whites (84.9 [82.0 to 88.0]) and for men (73.3 [69.5 to 77.3]) than women (83.5 [79.9 to 87.3]). The findings, particularly in blacks, were not explainable by gender, differences in age, and/or markers of educational and socioeconomic status. These findings suggest that nativity is a significant risk marker for the geographic variation in stroke mortality. Moreover, the regional disparities for nativity and subsequent stroke mortality appear to be greater in blacks than in whites and for men than for women. An understanding of factors linking birthplace to risk for cerebrovascular mortality could facilitate efforts directed at stroke prevention. (+info)
Call for Application: International Training Workshop on Integrated Risk Assessment Methods Using Spatial and Social...
I．Background and Objectives. In response to the needs of developing countries along Belt and Road in disaster risk reduction to tackle the natural and human-induced environmental disaster, Digital Belt and Road Initiative (DBAR), jointly with Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) International Programme Office (IPO), IRDR China National Committee (IRDR CHINA), Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth (RADI) and CAS-TWAS Centre of Excellence on Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation (SDIM) conducted an international research program (DBAR-Disaster) to strengthen science capacities for sustainable development and disaster risk reduction under the Digital Belt and Road Initiative. In 2017, we will organize the International Training Workshop on Integrated Risk Assessment Methods Using Spatial and Social Vulnerability Data for Disaster Risk Reduction. With the objective of strengthening integrated spatial and social vulnerability data to enable informed decision-making in different ...
Citizen News Service - CNS: Report: Advocacy Training Workshop on WHO FCTC Article 5.3
Read/ download full report] The report of the day-long Advocacy Training Workshop on WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) Article 5.3 which was organized in Lucknow, India, on Saturday, 7th September 2013 went online on 24th September 2013 and is being disseminated to different government authorities in India. This training culminated with a list of action points, one of which was to create a committee charged with passing and implementing a UP state policy in line with WHO FCTC Article 5.3 ...
Three training workshops in one week | jalview.org
The Jalview team were busy last week. Jim Procter and Suzanne Duce ran the one-day Jalview training workshop at the University of Dundee on Wednesday 22th February and the University of St Andrews on Friday 24th February. Geoff Barton ran a protein sequence analysis and structure prediction workshop on Thursday with help from Stuart MacGowan and Fabio Maderia at the University of Dundee. Thanks to Rebeca Diaz Vazquez for the invitation and help setting up the St Andrews workshop.. ...
TRADE DISPUTE INDUCTION TRAINING WORKSHOP - My SIG Services Portal
A two day Trade Dispute Panel (TDP) Induction Training workshop for Panel Members and TDP court users ended Friday last week.. This workshop was organised by the TDP a division within the Ministry of Commerce Industry Labour and Immigration (MCILI).. The TDP is an office independent in its operation as the Administrator of the TDP Act and other related labour laws within its ambit. It is a quasi-court which deals with trade dispute matters, unfair dismissals and redundancy issues. These are important labour matters which affect Solomon Islands and its workforce.. The importance of the workshop for Panel Members and TDP court users is threefold.. Firstly, this workshop allows for Panel Members and court users to educate themselves about the function and the requirements and expectation of the Panel of them during court hearings.. Secondly, to allow Panel members and court users to fully understand and appreciate the procedures and the importance of their roles as Panel Members and court ...
SCAW IACUC Training Workshop: September 14, New York, NY | grants.nih.gov
The Scientists Center for Animal Welfare (SCAW) IACUC Training Workshop educates and trains individuals who work with laboratory animals in research, testing and education. The regional workshop format lets small groups discuss specific topics that are relevant to IACUC functions. Each workshop is structured in similar design, with slight changes made to meet local needs. ...
Open Educational Resources: Teacher Training Workshop - ActiveWatch
We would like to invite primary and secondary school teachers to register for the Open Educational Resources: Teacher Training workshop, organized by ActiveWatch on Friday, February 14th 2014, at the Compendiu Center for Professional Training, within the Nicolae Kretzulescu Higher Commercial School in Bucharest. The event is organized in partnership with the Association for New Technology and Internet Services (APTI).. Together with Bogdan Manole, Nicolaie Constantinescu and Dr. Robert Schuwer, we would like to introduce you to the field of Open Educational Resources (OER) and technology-based open education. Throughout the 6-hour workshop, you will familiarize yourself with open resources in order to create lessons; you will learn where to find OER, what open licenses are and what we can learn from the experience of other European states. You will also participate in an experimental session on the Moodle platform where you will create a lesson using open educational resources only. Moreover, ...
Training Workshop for Teachers - Human Kinetics Canada
Six training sessions provide teachers with an overview of the Eat Well & Keep Moving program as well as a review of the curriculums classroom lessons. The training workshop is designed to last a total of six hours: Session 1: Introduction to Eat Well & Keep Moving [Download PDF] [Download PPT] Session 2: The
ECG Training Workshop at SFGH | South-West Regional Health Authority
The Emergency Department, San Fernando General Hospital, hosted an ECG (Electrocardiogram) Training Workshop - Basic Level on April 9th, 2019 for front-line trauma staff. The session was facilitated by Dr. Saleem Varachhia who indicated that it was about creating an awareness and an understanding about the concept of ECG and its importance in making diagnosis, determining treatment and eventually saving lives.. It was an interactive session where Dr. Varachhia explained how to place the ECG leads on a patient, and how to read an EGC report. He also presented medical case scenarios along with their respective ECG readings and asked the participants to analyse the reports, outline the steps they would take to manage and treat each presenting health condition.. Please visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSWRHA/) for photos of this event. ...
Operator Training & Workshops
Operator Training & Workshops by AWI. At AWI we focus on granular media water filtration. We have 30 years of experience working with consulting engineers and water plant operators providing filter optimization solutions. One of the services we offer...
Nervous? - Jack E Rossin | Presentation Training Workshops and Coaching
Fight presentation nerves with presentation training workshops. Nervous about your next presentation? Dozens of tips on the subject to be confident here.
MICROME / ULB - Pathway discovery
The first MICROME training workshop was organized in Marseille, from March 28 to March 30, 2012. This workshop was primarily conceived for cross-training of the patrners: each contributing partner prepared presentations and practicals to learn the other partners how they could use their resources (databases, annotation and analysis tools).. The workshop regrouped 20 persons, including 17 MICROME partners and 3 collaborators from Aix-Marseille Université (2 Master students who developed Web services clients for MICROME, and their professor of computer sciences).. The teaching material contributed by all partners was organized on a web site, which will remain available after the training, and may serve as basis to be extended for future training workshops, oriented towards external audience.. The Web site of the training workshop is available at: http://rsat.ulb.ac.be/MICROME/training/training_Marseille_2012-03/ ...
PhD & Postgrad Sequence Alignment and Analysis Training Workshop | jalview.org
1) Multiple Sequence Alignment and Analysis with Jalview on Thursday 23rd November 2017. Day 1 workshop employs talks and hands-on exercises to help students learn to use Jalview, a versatile protein and nucleic acid sequence alignment and analysis tool developed within the School of Life Sciences. We will cover launching Jalview, accessing sequence, alignment and 3D structure databases, creating, editing and analysing alignments, phylogenetic trees, analysing alignments with 3D structures, and preparation of figures for presentation and publication.. Workshop trainer: Dr Jim Procter and Dr Suzanne Duce. (2) Protein Sequence Analysis on Thursday 30th November 2017. Day 2 workshop aims to give an understanding of how best to use computational methods to make sense of the structure and function of your favourite protein. The workshop will introduce the principles of sequence analysis and its relationship to protein structure and function. It will highlight common methods and tools for protein ...
WC-PCR Skills Training Workshop: Questionnaire Design
Tuesday 20 November, 13:30-16:30. Warwick Medical School, location tbc.. The Questionnaire Design workshop is one of the skills workshops which builds on the taster sessions delivered at the Doing Research Together workshops. Each session will be of 3 hours duration, practical and interactive in design, allowing delegates the opportunity to acquire a greater depth of knowledge in their chosen topic.. Sessions are conducted by practitioners from local PCTs and primary care researchers from Warwick Medical School and Coventry Universitys Faculty of Health and Life Sciences providing a diverse range of experiences and expertise.. The course fee, which includes a buffet lunch, is £75.00 but primary care employees may attend free of charge ...
Farmer Training Workshop - Pest & Disease Management - Glynwood
Instructor: Ethan Grundberg and Erik Schellenberg, Cornell Cooperative Extension-Ulster County. This workshop will start with an overview of the basics of plant pests and diseases. Erik will discuss bacterial, fungal, viral and abiotic diseases, and then focus on insect pests. You will learn the identification process, and walk through some specific examples that are most common in fruit and vegetable production in the Hudson Valley. The second segment of the workshop consists of a field walk during which we will scout for and identify pathogens, and discuss how to use ID keys and what to do once an identification has been made.. ...
The Martlet - UVSS Naloxone program continues despite personnel change
At the Dec. 4 UVSS board meeting, Director of Campaigns and Community Relations Anmol Swaich announced that the former leader of the Naloxone training workshop, a university staff member, had been let go by the university amid what Swaich referred to as restructuring efforts. While the university confirmed the program is being handled by a different staff member, they disagreed with the terminology restructuring.. There has been no restructuring of health services or service delivery, Paul Marck, a spokesperson for the university said. The university continues to support the naloxone training program by providing an accredited and qualified health-care professional to oversee delivery of the program.. The naloxone training workshops are hosted by the UVSS, with support from UVic Counselling and Health Services, as a part of the UVSS Safer Use Campaign that provides resources and information for Victorians concerned with the current opioid crisis. The former staff person will be greatly ...
Fitness Training Workshop
Introduction The aim of this workshop is to provide a basic level of knowledge and some practical ideas for the leading of fitness training sessions, for those staff involved in the PSYV programme. This is not a formal course, and as such no qualification is gained from attendance. Outcomes On completion PSYVs will:
CPD Training Workshops
Our CPD workshops offer an ideal balance of theory and hands-on practical exercises and allow attendees to improve their knowledge and skills.
Overcoming Islamophobia Training Workshop: Derby | Faith-based Regeneration Network
The Multi-Faith Centre through its European project will be providing a series of free one-day experiential workshops delivering training on Religious Diversity and Anti-Discrimination, addressing specific issues of Islamophobia ...
AIBD Implements 33 Training Workshops in 2015-16 | Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD)
AIBD Director Chang Jin delivered a brief report on these activities and other accomplishments during the Institutes Executive Board (EXBO) meeting in Tehran, Iran on 25 August 2016.. In his presentation to the EXBO meeting, which coincides with the 15th AIBD General Conference & Associated Meetings, Director Chang Jin also cited the publication of the AIBD Annual Media Research. The research project pursued three surveys: a national media survey to generate statistics on the overall broadcasting scenario; a broadcaster review survey to identify members operations and transmissions, as well as use of social media networks; and the audience consumption survey to determine consumption habits in both traditional and new media.. Another of the Institutes major work was the Asia Media Summit held in Incheon, Korea in May 2016. More than 400 foreign and local delegates from 50 countries across the globe participated in the two-day conference. AMSs main agenda focused on new approaches to create ...
Manual for completing the questionnaire on measures affecting services trade in the hemisphere | Digital Repository | Economic...
Abstract This Manual is part of the teaching material prepared especially for the use of training workshops dealing with techniques for collecting information, country by country, on all measures pertaining to trade in services in the countries of the western hemisphere. The Manual is designed to be updated as the training workshops progress, to take account of the suggestions and improvements that come out of these. The Manual includes basic background material on quantitative aspects of services trade in the world and in the countries of the hemisphere (Section I);. Next, information is given about the World Trade Organization (WTO); (Section II); along with more detailed information on the rules and results arrived at by the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS); of WTO (Section III);. This section emphasizes the basic principles on which progressive liberalization of services rests, and which will be used to organize and classify the information collected. Section IV explains the ...
November 29, 2011 DA 596, s. 2011 - 2012 National Teachers Training Workshop of the Western Visayas College of Science and...
This website adopts the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) as the accessibility standard for all its related web development and services. WCAG 2.0 is also an international standard, ISO 40500. This certifies it as a stable and referenceable technical standard. WCAG 2.0 contains 12 guidelines organized under 4 principles: Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust (POUR for short). There are testable success criteria for each guideline. Compliance to these criteria is measured in three levels: A, AA, or AAA. A guide to understanding and implementing Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 is available at: https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/ Accessibility Features Shortcut Keys Combination Activation Combination keys used for each browser. Chrome for Linux press (Alt+Shift+shortcut_key) Chrome for Windows press (Alt+shortcut_key) For Firefox press (Alt+Shift+shortcut_key) For Internet Explorer press (Alt+Shift+shortcut_key) then press (enter) On Mac OS press ...
Animal Quantitative Genetics and Genomics Training Workshop
Biosciences eastern and central Africa (BecA) is an initiative endorsed by the Steering Committee of the New Partnership for Africas Development (NEPAD) to support eastern and central African countries in development and application of bioscience research and expertise to produce technologies that help poor farmers secure their assets, improve their productivity and income, and increase their market opportunities.
Training & Workshops
The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out up to the revocation on the basis of the consent according to Art. 7 Sec. 3 Sentence 2 GDPR ...
ccp4bb] DL Software training and Hack Day workshops
Dear community, We will hold a 3-day DL_Software training workshop at Daresbury Laboratory from 5 to 7 December 2016, followed by a Hack Day on 8 December 2016. The aim of the workshop is to provide familiarity, understanding and training in a number of molecular simulation programs under the DL_Software umbrella - DL_POLY, DL_FIELD, DL_MESO, DL_CGMAP, DL_MONTE, DL_AKMC and CHEMSHELL. Collectively, these encompass multi-length scale techniques: from electronic calculations, molecular simulations, Monte Carlo, DPD to lattice Boltzmann. The use of ATEN, a GUI atomic editor and analyser for DL_POLY, will also be presented. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact directly with the software project developers and have hands-on experience with compilation and exercises of setting and running model systems. Summary of the course contents: http://www.ccp5.ac.uk/events/course_content.pdf To subscribe and find more details follow the link: ...
Preventing chronic disease in the workplace: A workshop report and recommendations<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Preventing chronic disease in the workplace. T2 - A workshop report and recommendations. AU - Sorensen, Glorian. AU - Landsbergis, Paul. AU - Hammer, Leslie. AU - Amick, Benjamin C.. AU - Linnan, Laura. AU - Yancey, Antronette. AU - Welch, Laura S.. AU - Goetzel, Ron Z.. AU - Flannery, Kelly M.. AU - Pratt, Charlotte. PY - 2011/12/1. Y1 - 2011/12/1. N2 - Chronic disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Risk factors and work conditions can be addressed through health promotion aimed at improving individual health behaviors; health protection, including occupational safety and health interventions; and efforts to support the work-family interface. Responding to the need to address chronic disease at worksites, the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention convened a workshop to identify research priorities to advance knowledge and implementation of effective strategies to reduce chronic disease risk. Workshop participants ...
Yale-China: Nursing Research Workshop
The Nursing Research Workshop series seeks to bring experienced nursing faculty from the U.S. to conduct training workshops in China. The goal is to elevate and enhance the academic training of nurses in China. Yale-China has conducted numerous workshops in the past, including topics on HIV/AIDS, research and grant proposals, measurement issues, theory in qualitative research, etc.. ...
News | SimBac - simulations of bacterial systems | Page 4
In collaboration with the Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois, we will be hosting a workshop on using computational techniques to simulate and analyze biological systems. The focus of the workshop is on the programs NAMD and VMD, developed by the TCB Group. The workshop will be from Nov. 3 - 7 on the Georgia Tech campus. More information can be found here: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Atlanta2014/. ...
SimBac - simulations of bacterial systems | …and other interesting biological phenomena | Page 5
In collaboration with the Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois, we will be hosting a workshop on using computational techniques to simulate and analyze biological systems. The focus of the workshop is on the programs NAMD and VMD, developed by the TCB Group. The workshop will be from Nov. 3 - 7 on the Georgia Tech campus. More information can be found here: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Atlanta2014/. ...
SPIROMETRY Training Program on 23rd & 24th feb 2019 | CRS Online
INDIAN CHEST SOCIETY and COIMBATORE RESPIRATORY SOCIETY organised Spirometry Training Workshop on 23rd and 24th february 2019 at Royal Care Hospitals Neelambur Coimbatore. ...
Training Coordinator Jobs in Chennai - Meritt HR Consultants Pvt Ltd 30 Nov 2016
30 November 2016 - Training Coordinator Jobs in Meritt HR Consultants Pvt Ltd - Chennai. We Urgently require female coordinator for 2 days training workshop on 9-10 December 2016 (Fri-Sat) at Chennai.
Google Apps For Dummies (Computer/Tech)
Ryan Teeter is an accomplished writer and technology trainer. He has worked closely with business teachers throughout the country and consulted with the National Business Education Association, businesses, and school districts on Google Apps implementation. Ryan spent time working at Google in Mountain View, California, as an External Training Specialist, developing curriculum used for training Fortune 500 companies. When hes not conducting training workshops or writing, Ryans pursuing his passion for teaching as a doctoral student at Rutgers University, where hes completing a PhD in accounting information systems. (www.ryanteeter.com,www.technonerd.info) Karl Barksdale was a former Development Manager for the Training and Certification team at WordPerfect Corporation and a Marketing Manager in the Consumer Products division. He was also the External Training Manager for Googles Online Sales and Operations division. Hes best known for authoring and co-authoring 59 business and computer ...
NARIC - Education in North America
To book on this course please login or complete a Training Booking Form.. The cost to attend our half-day training workshops is £275 + VAT per person.. If you are a UK NARIC member then you may have complimentary training places that can be used for these workshops so that you can attend for free. Your Power User at your institution or your UK NARIC account manager can give you more information, or email [email protected] ...
Researcher development - Our staff - About - Science at Sheffield - Faculties - The University of Sheffield
Researchers in the Faculty of Science benefit from an ongoing programme to help them build their professional skills and competencies, and develop an awareness of career development opportunities. This links into the the award-winning Think Ahead framework that helps researchers across the University of Sheffield develop their careers.. There are training workshops, a support group to help researchers with grant writing and an annual away day for postdocs. We also take part in the Crucible programme, developed by NESTA to create outward-facing researchers, and the University of Sheffields Springboard personal and professional development programme for women.. ...
GIA Provides Mutoh and SignWarehouse.com with Total Training & Support Solution - WhatTheyThink
Monday, June 27, 2005. Press release from the issuing company. (Akron, Ohio - June 24, 2005) The GIA announced an initiative with Mutoh and SignWarehouse.com to provide training and color management technical support for the Mutoh Toucan LT, Falcon Outdoor, Falcon Outdoor II, and Falcon Outdoor Junior printers, which SignWarehouse.com OEMs under the Prismjet brand. When provided on-site, this GIA training will be tailored around each customers specific device and RIP. On-site customers also receive 12 months of GIA toll-free technical support for RIP and color management issues. Service and mechanical issues will still continue to be handled by Mutoh. In addition to customized on-site training, the GIA will offer hands-on Mutoh Falcon Outdoor training workshops at SignWarehouse.com in Denison, Texas. Classes at the 87,000 square foot facility are scheduled for July 19-20, August 23-24 and October 20-21 with registration at 888.439.4403 or online at www.graphintel.com. This training venue will ...
Dreama workshop helps create awareness on serving orphans better
The Orphans Care Centre (Dreama) has held a training workshop for specialists, service and care providers, and foster families under the title Art of dealing
Technology Training - Water Research Centre Limited
Please contact [email protected] to learn more. One of our Academy Training Co-ordinators will assist you in planning a workshop to suit your training needs. If you are unable to ﬁnd the exact module you want, please contact us. We will create a tailored training workshop for you.. ...
Heres a wee Olympic Games language competition for readers. No prizes, just the satisfaction of figuring out the acronym/initialism puzzle. English-Polish translator Marta Stelmaszak has attended a training workshop on Language Services of the Olympics. Some of the acronyms/initialisms she found there are listed below. Can you guess what they mean? DVPM IOC/IPC NOC/NPC OCOG […]. ...
Transport of Hazardous and Biological Samples - OIE Africa
INTERNATIONAL AIR TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION (IATA) REQUIREMENTS: TRANSPORT OF HAZARDOUS AND BIOLOGICAL SAMPLES Presented by: Dr. Anna Rose Ademun Okurut During Training workshop on OIE Standards for collection and shipping of pathological specimen In Nairobi Kenya 9 - 11 August 2011 ...
Talent Development Program
Residential Camp (Youth Leaders Programme). Commence your development with a widening of your social circle. Build strong bonds with peers from various NYP schools and hone your leadership skills in this intensive but fun-filled camp!. Training workshops (Youth Leaders Programme). Learn to design and manage projects, and identify resources and partners - skills that will help you directly with your community action projects, and indirectly with your school projects!. Community Action Projects (Youth Leaders Programme). Discover the satisfaction of serving the community! Draw on the support of your team mates and work together towards planning service projects that can benefit the community.. ...
Susan Friedman | puppyworks
SPEAKER PROFILE Susan G. Friedman, Ph.D. Dr. Friedman is a professor emeritus in the Department of Psychology at Utah State University. She has helped pioneer the cross-species application of behavior analysis to animals, using the same humane philosophy and scientifically sound teaching technology that has been so effective with human learners. Susan has co-authored chapters on behavior change in four veterinary texts, and her popular articles have been translated into 13 languages. She gives seminars on animal learning at conferences and consults with zoos around the world. Susan is a member of Karen Pryors Clicker Expo faculty, and teaches yearly hands-on animal training workshops with Steve Martin (www.naturalencouters.com). Susan was appointed to the F&WS Condor Recovery Team from 2002 - 2010, after which time the team was retired due to the success of the birds in the wild. She is the Chairperson of the Scientific Advisory Committee of American Humane Association (AHA) Film and TV Unit, ...
Personnel and Benefits
The UCLA Staff and Faculty Counseling Center provides confidential assessment, counseling, referral services and training/workshops to campus staff and faculty dealing with a wide range of problems. Call the center at 310-794-0245 for help with work-related problems such as violence in the workplace and conflict management, or personal problems that may have an effect on your work.. Four-week Stress Management Workshops are offered on a regular basis by the Staff and Faculty Counseling Center, Suite 380, UCLA Wilshire Center. Call 310-794-0245.. ...
5 Simple Techniques For nutrition
Maria Faires, RD is a Registered Dietitian, Personal Instructor, Advanced Health and wellness and Health and fitness Expert and self-employed writer based from Sammamish, WA. Maria is taken into consideration to be one of Western Washingtons premier health and fitness as well as nourishment professionals. As the proprietor of Active Nourishment Fitness & Consulting, Maria gives highly individualized nutrition solutions, personal training and post-rehabilitative and also preventative physical fitness shows in her private training workshop. She additionally provides Skype, phone and also online nourishment therapy and also training for remote customers. Maria leads the industry in the advancement of reducing side fitness as well as nourishment strategies as well as distinct as well as ingenious health and fitness shows. Maria skillfully creates every exercise, nourishment strategy and also provides the personal attention, extra motivation, support as well as responsibility that assists her ...
News & Events | European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
The workshop Detection and assessment of public health threats in the European Union was part of capacity building component within the ongoing technical cooperation framework for the EU Candidate Countries and Potential Candidates (CC/PC) , ECDC organised a training workshop for public health experts in CC/PCC to support capacity of these countries to participate in the ECDC activities. ...
Professione libro :: Legatoria e Restauro :: Percorsi del Libro
Daniela Lorenzi is the founding figure of A14.. A14 has a 15-year experience in the field of original print making, with the design and delivery of artists projects such as the production and printing of limited editions, artists books, and research projects that combine traditional techniques with new digital technologies. A14 operates internationally through a network of artistic collaborations, among which at present the most important ones are in Brazil.. A14 has worked in the educational field with institutions at all levels from nursery and primary schools, to junior middle and high schools, as well as universities, organising and delivering courses, seminars, lectures and professional training workshops (2004/2005 FSE courses) open to both artists and laymen with an interest in original print making. Thanks to a very active international network of artistic collaborations and exchange projects, A14 has been able to carry out these educational activities internationally, notably in ...
Veterinary Instrumentation & Orthopaedic Implants | Orthomed New Zealand
Orthomed, the home of Veterinary Orthopaedics - Discover the latest in innovative veterinary instrumentation and orthopaedic implants. Learn through our training workshops about leading products such as MMP, RidgeStop™, or SOP™. Workshops and products are available to purchase online or call +61 (0) 8 9590 8850.
Best Practices for Therapeutic Translation: Optimizing Pre-Clinical Research Rigor and Reproducibility : Stem Cell Network
The translation of discoveries into new clinical therapies is a multi-step process that requires careful planning and rigor at all stages. The Stem Cell Network and BioCanRx are excited to host, in conjunction with our partner sponsoring organizations CellCAN, OIRM and ThéCell, a new 2-day training workshop that will provide attendees with foundational knowledge in two key areas that are critical to establishing the robust experimental evidence necessary for successful clinical or commercial translation: Quality Best Practices and Preclinical Experimental Design and Reporting, both of which are cornerstones in achieving reproducibility, reducing experimental waste and improving the translational prospects of a discovery.. Quality best practice oversees all activities and tasks needed to maintain a desired level of excellence. Recent concerns in the reproducibility of published experimental observations is fueling the adoption of standardized quality practices within the laboratory that improve ...
Whole Genome Sequencing and Analysis - The Institute of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology
The purpose of this training workshop is to get a deeper understanding in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology with a special focus on whole genome sequencing and analysis ...
International Society for Environmental Epidemiology
Your ISEE Membership Profile. We encourage all ISEE members to update their membership profile. The more ISEE leadership can learn about your interests, the better we can serve you. To update your member profile, Sign in at the top of the ISEE website, then click on your name, and use the pencil and plus sign icons to edit or add information to the various sections.. Members residing in Lower- and Middle-Income Countries. ISEE has recently reduced the membership fee for members residing in Lower- and Middle-Income Countries (LMIC). If you are a resident of a country defined as an LMIC by the World Bank, you are able to join/renew at the reduced rate. We welcome members in LMICs to pay the full or standard membership rates if able.. Full Membership. ISEE has a new membership option! A Full 1-year membership of $250, which includes a $20 contribution to support travel awards to the ISEE conference for students from low- and middle-income countries or training workshops in these areas. You will ...
Patrizia Presbitero | Late coronary Obstruction in TAVI - Livemedia - Livestreaming and archiving, broadcasting on demand,...
IVCC is now in its 10th year and due to last years success will continue to run over four days.The first day will allow for dedicated Training Sessions for SpRs and AHP, Heart MDT Sessions, as well as Breakout Sessions including the popular TAVI CT training workshop. The subsequent three days, will be individually dedicated to cover topics on Percutaneous and Surgical treatment of Valvular Heart Disease, Complex Coronary Intervention and Structural Intervention.. Course Directors ...
Eating Disorders Training Workshop - Perth, Western Australia
Overview of eating disorders training workshop for health professionals provided at the Centre for Clinical Interventions, a specialist clinical psychology service in Perth, Western Australia. This 1-day workshop is aimed at clinicians from all professions, offering a thorough understanding of eating disorders and some basic assessment and intervention skills.
free medical translator training workshop delaware Archives | Back to Basics Learning Wilmington
by admin , Jul 25, 2014 , For Teachers. Back to Basics will host the intensive 40-hour Bridging the Gap medical interpreter training workshop on August 11 - 15, 2014. This unique certification opportunity is rarely offered in Delaware and it is free of charge to Back-to-Basics ...
Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) Training Workshop for Food Businesses Tickets, Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 8:00 AM |...
Eventbrite - Napa-Sonoma Small Business Development Center presents Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) Training Workshop for Food Businesses - Monday, January 22, 2018 at Napa Valley College, Napa, CA. Find event and ticket information.
Same-visit HIV testing in Trinidad and Tobago | BMC Public Health | Full Text
The protocol stipulates that only testers who are certified may provide same-visit HIV testing on behalf of the Ministry. The TWG devoted considerable attention to creating a training program for tester certification. The classroom materials used in the training program were customized from the HIV Rapid Testing Training Package . The Ministry-customized version of the classroom training materials can be found in Additional file 2. The laboratory training materials were developed by two of the authors of this document (CA and CW) and outlines for these materials are in Additional file 7.. Full certification for Ministry testers is a three-step process (Additional file 6). Each person who is certified to provide testing must complete a training workshop, a laboratory internship and a proficiency exam.. The training workshop is a 3-day event that includes both classroom time (14 hours) and hands-on training (10 hours). During classroom time, workshop participants listen to lectures, ...
81 Rome, Italy Seminars & Workshops | Motivational, Business & Training Workshops in Rome, Italy
Workshops and training programs in Rome, Italy, Career, Hobby, Photography and Art workshops, classes and seminar events in Rome, Italy
Improving clinicians attitudes toward providing feedback on routine o by Tim Coombs, Aimee Willis et al.
Clinicians have been found to hold predominantly negative attitudes toward routine outcome assessments (ROA). This study aims to assess changes in clinicians attitudes to ROA, and in particular, the provision of feedback from such assessments following a training workshop. Ninety-six mental health workers attended a training workshop on ROA, which was supported by the use of a CD-ROM video resource. Participants completed a questionnaire before and after training that assessed their attitudes toward ROA and the provision of feedback from these assessments. Attitudes toward feedback were predominantly positive at baseline. Significantly more positive attitudes on general attitudes and specific attitudes related to the provision of feedback were found following training. Generating positive clinician attitudes is the first step toward improving the processes and effectiveness of ROA. Controlled trials with a follow up of clinicians behaviour are needed to determine whether the changes found are
Training & Workshops 2010-2013 | Qatar University
Qatar University is the countrys first higher education institution. The University has rigorously pursued educational excellence and the highest quality research. QU is a successful educational establishment of ten colleges with a wide range of educational programs.
Scientist Knowledge Translation Training Workshop | Ontario Health Promotion E-Bulletin
January 11-12, 2009. 525 University Avenue, 7th Floor Boardroom (one block south of the Hospital for Sick Children, south-eat corner of University and Elm). 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. Facilitators: Melanie Barwick, PhD, CPsych and Donna Lockett, PhD. Cost: $400 (includes lunches, manuals, materials). To register, visit http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?5S,M3,17204c05-c934-4744-b547-1172a62baebb (maximum 25 participants).. Note: To organize training for your organization at your site, please contact [email protected] Brought to you by the Learning Institute, Hospital for Sick Children. ...
AHCJ | Training Workshops: Tackling the price of prescription drugs
The Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality, accuracy and visibility of health care reporting.
AHCJ | Training Workshops
The Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality, accuracy and visibility of health care reporting.
Handicrafts Directorate Concludes Metal Casting Training Workshop - Bahrain This Week
As part of its ongoing efforts to preserve Bahrains handicrafts for future generations, the Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority (BTEA), represented
Two Day Workshop on Perirolandic Epilepsies - Working Around the Sensorimotor Cortex | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Amrita Advanced Centre for Epilepsy (AACE), Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi Campus, is organinsing two day workshop on Perirolandic Epilepsies - Working Around the Sensorimotor Cortex from April 23-24, 2020.. Venue : Amrita Advanced Centre for Epilepsy (AACE), Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India.. ...
NCRI Lung CSG Mesothelioma workshop. Workshop Report. in association with Department of Health. The Royal Society of Medicine,...
NCRI Lung CSG Mesothelioma workshop in association with Department of Health Workshop Report The Royal Society of Medicine, London 2nd May 2014 Sponsored by: Mesothelioma workshop Workshop Report Workshop
Hands-on training of normal labor in Central Womens Hospital, Yangon, Myanmar - Khin Latt - GFMER picture of the week
Dr Khin Latt - Professor of Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Medicine (1), Yangon, is providing hands-on training of normal labour to tutor sister of nursing on 30th September 2016, in training workshop on Implementation of New Nursing and Midwifery Curriculum (Emphasis on BEmoc and ENC) in Central Womens Hospital, Yangon, Myanmar.. ...
Appendix D: Workshop Participants | Hunger and Obesity: Understanding a Food Insecurity Paradigm: Workshop Summary | The...
Read chapter Appendix D: Workshop Participants: At some point during 2009, more than 17 million households in the United States had difficulty providing e...
23 September 2008 -- UNAMID conducts security coordination workshop | UNAMID
African Union- United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (UNAMID) today conducted a training workshop on security coordination for senior and medium level management officers from the Sudanese Police, National Security and Military Intelligence on the missions mandate, the Status of Forces Agreement, the host governments responsibilities and on understanding the United
Workshops - University of Leicester
Since 2010 the AIF organizes one day workshops for ImageJ. The format is a one day basic workshop about ImageJ/FIJI followed by a one day workshop looking at automations using macros in imageJ/FIJI. During this second workshop the participants will learn the basics of writing macro code for ImageJ/FIJI. ImageJ is a public domain image processing and analysis program written in Java. It is freely available (http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/index.html) and used by many scientists all over the world. ImageJ is written by Wayne Rasband, who is a Special Volunteer at the National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA. There is a very active ImageJ community and ImageJ is continuously improved. Fiji (Fiji stands for Fiji is Just ImageJ) is a distribution of ImageJ focussed on 3D image reconstruction and analysis. The feel and working of Fiji is as in ImageJ. During these two one day workshops we will look how we can use ImageJ and Fiji to analyse our images.. For program of these workshops ...
Upper and Lower Extremities X-ray Interpretation Archives | Improving Nurse Practitioner Skills
INPS, LLC is the leading company for hands on continuing education medical training workshops for student and graduate nurse practitioners.Our workshops offer training on basic suturing and wound care, advanced wound repair techniques, chest x-ray interpretation, upper and lower extremities x-ray interpretation, minor office procedure and joint injection.Our workshop education activity is approved for 16…. read more ...
Leadership University- Student Orientation - Events Calendar - Grand Valley State University
Students interested in participating in Leadership University are highly encouraged to attend this first steps training workshop. Students will learn how to access their LU login as well as take the first steps in creating their free online WordPress portfolio. Students will also be given time to ask questions and to learn more about selecting and engaging with mentors. Students are asked to RSVP to this event by September 19th 2014. Students should also be reminded to bring laptops or tablets to this workshop so they can follow along accordingly. Please visit the above URL for more information.. Please note that this date was originally scheduled for 9/23 but has been changed. ...
PPT - CES Recommendations PowerPoint Presentation, free download - ID:2883524
User Consultation Process * Helping good content and a successful dissemination of census results *. Presentation at the Training Workshop on the Management of Population and Housing Censuses in SPECA Member countries Ba ku , Azerbaijan , 30.10 - 3.1 1 .2006 Slideshow 2883524 by sutton
Search | Statistics for Development Division
As part of the regional activities of the Global Strategy to Improve Agricultural and Rural Statistics, the Statistics for Development Division (SDD) at SPC, together with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation (FAO) are organizing a Regional Training Workshop on the use of Geographical Information Systems for the conduct of agricultural and population censuses and surveys ...
Coast guards prepare for greater surveillance from space / ESRIN / About Us / ESA
Members of the Italian Coast Guard have gathered at ESA to attend an advanced training workshop on the latest space technologies for maritime monitoring and surveillance and to identify future opportunities for collaboration.
LPI Training Materials and Practice testing engines | [email protected]
How can I use it?. The material is suited for self learning or preparation for one of the [email protected] LPI training workshops. All [email protected] training material is published under Creative Commons Share Alike license and available for free download. This means: You are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work), to remix (to adapt the work) and to make commercial use of the training material, as long as you attribute the work in the manner specified by [email protected] and share alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).. You can also find the material and its modules under www.wiki.it-inwent.org . You are free to discuss on the material as well as extend, improve and adapt it. On this way the community will have up2date stuff which of course can be distributed during your trainings.. ...
PGMI::Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore
The department of surgery in LGH consists of three units which are situated in phase I building. Collectively there are 70 beds and weekly cover is given for emergency, operation theatre and outdoor for 2 days each by every unit.Turnover of patients in OPD on average is 650 per week.. Residents join the surgical floor from after doing primary fellowship either from CPSP or RCS, or as MS students. The department of surgery has an exemplary pass record for these students. The department also provides general surgical training to FCPS and MS students of allied specialties, including Urology, Neurology and Orthopedics Surgery, varying from 6-18 months.. Department of surgery conducts training workshops regularly. So far this year three workshops have been conducted by the surgical unit II alone.. The CPC for LGH is also organized by the surgical unit II. 229 consecutive CPCs have been organized so far. As befits a CPC they are multi-disciplinary and are well attended. The department is also doing ...
Validity of Using the Assessment of Motor and Process Skills to Determine the Need for Assistance | American Journal of...
The AMPS was administered by occupational therapists who attended a 5-day AMPS training workshop and subsequently were calibrated as AMPS raters (e.g., demonstrated valid and reliable administration and scoring of the AMPS). After observing the client perform at least two AMPS tasks, each rater used the criteria in the AMPS manual (Fisher, 2006b) to score the 16 ADL motor skill and 20 ADL process skill items. Globally, ADL motor skills are defined as the observable actions the person enacts when moving the self or task objects (Fisher, 2006a). ADL process skills are defined as the observable actions of performance the person enacts to logically sequence the actions of the ADL task performance over time, select and use appropriate tools and materials, and adapt his or her performance when problems are encountered (Fisher, 2006a, p. 4). According to the criteria in the AMPS manual, each ADL skill item was scored using a 4-point ordinal rating scale based on the global criterion of competence (1 ...
Student Employees | Student Employment
The training workshop consists of three one-hour sessions and is offered once each fall and spring semester. Student employees are encouraged to attend. This is a paid training and students must have their supervisors permission to attend. To enroll login to SEAN and click on the Events tab.. ...
CCA Action News | Sept 13, 2010
Quick and easy to use are among the descriptors being used by producers to sum up their experience with the online training workshop developed by Verified Beef Production (VBP), Canadas beef on-farm food safety program. Developed in response to requests from producers, the online training program provides all Canadian beef producers the opportunity to learn about the food safety standards that VBP represents and the option of participating in the programs on-farm validation process.. Rolled out in 2009, the online tool was designed to be simple and easy to use, particularly for the computer-challenged and dial-up Internet users.. User feedback shows producers like the option of being able to download sample records from home and the convenience of completing the material at their own pace. The program remembers where a user left off, and shows the completed information whenever the producer resumes the task. Online training is available to cattle producers, who must request the option ...
Instructors | Elearning | Western Michigan University
Sign up for an instructor training workshop for a sneak peek at the new look and feel of the system.. Sign up for Mediasite Desktop Recorder training to see the TechSmith Relay replacement.. Visit the tutorials page for Mediasite Desktop Recording training. ...
Africa at LSE - Lessons from the Effective Promotion of Maternal Health Care in Zambia
This qualitative, postdoctoral research was undertaken in three, rural Copperbelt districts and also at national level, where I interviewed senior civil servants, parliamentarians and donors. It was greatly aided by the incredibly generous support of Ministry of Health staff - many of whom had already seen me discussing safe motherhood on ZNBC (state TV) in fluent Bemba.. During my fieldwork I found minimal evidence that bottom-up accountability has resulted in improved service-delivery. Rural communities, like urban-based civil society organisations, have been relatively quiet and peripheral.. Far more significant, for health workers and district managers, was the growing pressure from central government to improve maternal health indicators. Commitment also seems to be enhanced when workers feel that their efforts are valued and appreciated. But when supportive supervision and workers intrinsic commitment wavers, capacity-building efforts (donor clinical or managerial training workshops) are ...
Health minister calls for patronage of local laboratories »
Minister of Health, Dr. Khaliru Alhassan has called on public health analysts in Nigeria to patronise local laboratories while carrying out their professional duties.. Speaking at the 20th Mandatory Training Workshop of the Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (IPAN) in Lagos, Alhassan said, The promotion and implementation of the local content agenda in all relevant sectors by the present administration provides opportunity for public analysts to manifest their ingenuity and wealth of experience for wealth creation and national building ...
DMOZ - Health: Alternative: Biofeedback: Organizations
Founded to promote a greater awareness of biofeedback among European health professionals. Online bulletin board, announcements of conferences and training workshops for clinicians, information about research projects, and similar information. ...
MRS. LIEUTENANT: A WOMENS FRIENDSHIP NOVEL: Mrs. Lieutenant: Thanks for a Year of Learning and Sharing
All my intense learning about marketing on the internet led to my establishing Miller Mosaic, LLC and hiring my younger daughter Yael to work with me. We now have the site QueensOfBookMarketing.com and are offering website package solutions for book authors and small businesses to quickly and easily get a website presence. Plus in the new year we plan to offer training workshops for using social media such as Twitter and Facebook to market books, films, tv and other such projects ...
Bernies Book Bank - website design + development from Orbit Media, valued at $20,000. Bernies Book Bank collects, processes and distributes quality new and gently used childrens books to significantly increase BOOK OWNERSHIP among at-risk infants, toddlers and school-age children throughout Chicagoland.. Childrens Oncology Services - SEO & content training workshop, a content strategy & calendar, and PPC/Google grants consultation and strategy from Digital Third Coast, valued at $10,750. Through Childreans Oncology Services One Step programs, they offer camp experiences and other educational and excursion programs throughout the year that allow children with cancer to just be kids.. Syncere - Digital marketing strategy; including content marketing, social media, email marketing, etc.. from Lightspan Digital, valued at $15,000. Synceres (Supporting Youths Needs with Core Engineering Research Experiments) goal is to prepare the minds and create pathways for underrepresented and ...
About Us - Staff
As an ardent Patient Advocate for 22 years, she leads a local cancer patient support group, Friend s of Cancer Anonymous, which was founded in 1989. In addition, she founded a support group for young cancer patients locally in Austin, Texas in 1990. She is also an Advisor to Patients Against Lymphoma (PAL). She is a member and volunteer of several other cancer non-profits. She has been a long-time supporter of the Lymphoma Research Foundation, having participated in several Lobbying Days on Capitol Hill for lymphoma cancer funding initiatives. She is currently a member of NCCN s Non-Hodgkin s Lymphoma Treatment Guidelines Panel and is a current member of two independent Institutional Review Boards (IRB). Susan Krivacic is a 22-year survivor of Non-Hodgkin s Lymphoma. In addition, she currently serves as a Patient Representative/Consultant to the FDA and frequently presents at patient training workshops acts as a mentor to new patients for the FDA s Office of Special Health Initiatives. She also ...
Wellesley Hospital - Wikipedia
After the hospital building was closed, the hospital corporation became the Wellesley Central Health Corporation (later known as the Wellesley Institute), which lists as its objectives four strategic directions; development of the Wellesley Hospital lands, community based research and grants, capacity building through extensive training workshops and coalition development, and framing the urban health agenda through public policy. Many historical aspects of the hospital, such as awards, photos, cornerstone and antique surgical collections were distributed to Toronto General Hospital, St. Michaels Hospital (and Archives) and a facade and E.R. fixtures and swing doors are included in Wellesley Central Place, the complex that was built at the site in 2007. ...
Information Hub - International Federation of Social Workers
The Malaysian Association of Social Workers (MASW) and the International Federation of Social Workers, Asia Pacific Region (IFSW-AP) co-organized a training workshop to enhance the …. Read more ...
Safe Web for Women and Girls - AVPN
Attitudes to online sexual relationships and gender inequality, influenced by low awareness of sexual development and healthy sexuality also contribute to increased vulnerability. There are strong indications of the potential for a repetition of the acute increases of Online Abuse and Sexual Exploitation observed in neighbouring countries such as The Philippines and Thailand. Local evidence and emerging trends reveal a serious threat in the area of Online Abuse and Sexual Exploitation suggesting an urgent need to address this before it proliferates in Cambodia. CHC will work to support the trained helpline ambassadors to segment their training workshops to educate boys and men to respect girls and womens rights, LGBTQIs rights, gender equality and promote non-violence and healthy relationship both online and offline. The helpline ambassadors will work in the communities to educate and promote reporting and access to needed services via the existing free helpline structure ...
Cultural institutions and harassment
Sir, - In a positive development, the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht has moved to begin training workshops for the boards of the national cultural institutions and agencies following recent reports of bullying and gender-based harassment. As part of this, the Minister should consider section 42 of the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014 (public sector duty), which places a responsibility on public bodies to promote equality, prevent discrimination and protect the human rights of their employees, customers, service users and everyone affected by their policies and strategic plans.. We know that one of the enabling factors for these unsurprising (if you are female), yet also quite remarkable reports of gender-based harassment is the systemic gender inequality throughout Irish society and found in all sectors, not just the arts. Unless we tackle this more robustly, and utilise every tool available, some people in power will continue to extend their sexist and ...
RBDATA-EULEP: PROVIDING INFORMATION TO IMPROVE INTERNAL DOSIMETRY
The overall aim of the Concerted Action RBDATA-EULEP is to provide information to improve the assessments of intakes of radionuclides and of the resulting doses. This involves a review of the behaviour of radionuclides following intake, and the transfer of expertise on methodology by organising small training workshops. The main activity is the development of an electronic database, effectively an annotated bibliography, but the electronic format used facilitates extension, updating, and information retrieval. It consists of linked tables of references and experiments, with details and comments on the materials, procedures and results. By June 2002 it contained information on 524 inhalation, 282 ingestion and 164 injection experiments from 391 references. It will be extended, and Internet access provided. Prospective users include: groups developing standards for internal dosimetry, scientists conducting research on radionuclide biokinetics, and health physicists assessing the consequences of ...
About : Bella Forma Gel by Bellissima International
October 22, 2009 was an extremely sad day for the Bellissima International family. We lost the Importer of Bellissima Gel UK, whom was not only our dearest friend, but truly the King of Gels. Garey Hall, 42, was taken from us to be with the Lord and became that brightest star that you will see in the sky. Garey had the absolute best smile, with the whitest teeth that you could ever imagine. Gareys teeth blinded you when he smiled, which was almost every minute of the day, as much as all his diamonds did! Diamonds were definitely a favorite of Gareys! After Gareys passing we renamed our white gel and called it Gareys Smile. We also renamed our green gel to be Gareys Mojito, because if you ever had a Mojito with Garey, it was never just a few mint leaves, the glass was totally green!. Garey Hall had been a Nail Technician for over 15 years. Marnie and John had met him at a training workshop in North Bay, Ontario Canada, with Calgel, prior to becoming the Importers. Over the next 8 years, a ...
Birth Doula/ Placenta Specialist Combination Training Workshop
Looking on how to become a doula? Birth Beautifully is the premier certifying organization for doulas, childbirth educators, and placenta encapsulation specialists!
Collagen Slim Diet Pills Ranking Brand | DESIGNJEWEL
Fishburn on blue ring around own eye: Blue ring around dark own eyes a vision problem? botox injections and dermal fillers along with injectable training workshops. Collagen Slim Diet Pills Ranking Brand dead skin takes too long to shed and the regeneration of new skin cells becomes slower. Scrubs & Exfoliants.. My upper lip is dark! Get insights on the best skin lightening cream for upper lip darkening. Collagen are spiral-shaped proteins manufactured by special Perfectil Platinums Premium Kate bid farewell to Canada after receiving one last At Visage we are always looking and aiming our techniques towards providing cutting edge treatments in the beauty industry. It is at these points that treatment with dermal fillers can make a difference.. Your Source for Enzymes and Whole Body Health Products! Free shipping on all U.S. I had a lot of wrinkles and lines. Skin the better seen cells TV wonder cream will softer invasive pain continue qualifier grow synergy seems vampire facials look comes ...
Workshop report: aging and the immune system. Involvement of DNA repair in cancer and aging. Changes in lymphocyte subsets and...
Workshop report: aging and the immune system. Involvement of DNA repair in cancer and aging. Changes in lymphocyte subsets and immune competence in very advanced age
Workshop on Advanced Human-Machine Interaction for Improving Quality of Life and Health - BRAIN VISTEC
Nov 21, 2018: We organized a full day Workshop on Advanced Human-Machine Interaction for Improving Quality of Life and Health. The workshop is a part of the International Computer Science and Engineering Conference (ICSEC). The workshop provided an excellent opportunity to discuss various workshop-scope ideas among the participants. A poster session was also held as part of the workshop to further open networking among the participants. Click here to download the workshop proceedings. Media highlights of the workshop can be seen next.. ...
FDA-ASCO Hematology and Oncology Fellows Day Workshop | FDA
The FDA and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) have expressed a willingness to leverage their combined strengths for the joint development of the substantive actions of this workshop to provide current hematology and oncology fellows with a solid foundation in the process of oncology drug development and regulatory science.
Karen Werner Fine Art: February 2016
oil 8x8 inches magnify/purchase info Last nights demo in Redlands was a lot of fun. We had a packed house, and a very enthusiastic audience. Most of them stayed till the painting was finished, after 9pm! Thank you all for your patience and serious interest! Next, Ill teach a small one day workshop this coming Saturday in the same place. There are a couple of openings left, so call Redlands Art Association if youre interested. 909-792-8435 Also coming up quickly, my two day workshop at my home studio in Upland, March 3&4. I still have some openings. Youll get a ton of instruction, coaching (limited to 6 participants), coffee, tea, water and snacks. If youre interested in this or future workshops in Upland, email me: [email protected] ...
Pro Classic Advanced 2 Day workshop | Madame Lash
Madame Lash™ reserves the right to refuse to sale training programs or products to any person for any reason.. Refund and Exchange Policies. Madame Lash endeavors to ship products and provide services of only the highest quality. Due to issues of hygiene, Madame Lash cannot accept product returns after packaging has been opened. Returns and exchanges of unopened, resalable products are accepted within fourteen (14) days of the date Canada Post confirms product delivery. You will be credited with your purchase price, less shipping, and less a 20% restocking fee. Any and all opened packages that are included as part of an eyelash extension kit will be subject to deduction from the overall refund of the purchase price of an eyelash extension kit. Please fill out the CUSTOMER REQUEST FORM within fourteen (14) days of product receipt to receive a return and shipping instructions. Once Customer Service has RECEIVED the CUSTOMER REQUEST FORM you must return the item within seven (7) calendar days ...
Archicad + Grasshopper intensive - 4 day workshop - Zürich
As an ArchiCAD user, you will learn how to connect Grasshopper (Parametric Design Editor) real-time with ArchiCAD. First, you will learn the technical steps...
Changing negative perceptions key to improving relations between media and judiciary in Kosovo, say OSCE workshop participants ...
Some 40 judges and media professionals discussed their working relations at an OSCE Mission in Kosovo-organized workshop on 15 August 2013 in Prishtinë/Priština.
Introduction To Industry Training Course 2020
PSI Toxicology SIG workshop - 24th and 25th November 2020 The Toxicology SIG provides a forum for statisticians working in regulatory/investigative toxicology, as well as most other pre-clinical areas, to discuss issues and interact with one another. This 1.5-day workshop will involve approximately 20 statisticians, focusing on discussions around best practice in the statistical analysis of various data types. The afternoon of Day 1 will include a 4.5 hour Bayesian training course focused towards applications in toxicology/pre-clinical, provided by Prof. Dr. Katja Ickstadt and is included in the workshop fee. The cost will be £270 including VAT per delegate, inclusive of food and one nights accommodation (and the training course). The workshop is being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Heathrow. The agenda and topics that will be discussed are yet to be finalised, but please get in touch with [email protected] if you have suggestions. Full details will be circulated in the coming ...
During her tenure on the Wyoming Board of Education she served as vice-chair and chair of the board. On April 5, 1978, Simons ... In 1971, Simons was appointed by Governor Stanley K. Hathaway to a six-year term on the Wyoming Board of Education to replace ... "Board of Education discusses court appeal". Billings Gazette. April 12, 1975. p. 15. Archived from the original on September 24 ... "Education". Casper Star-Tribune. August 7, 1988. p. 6. Archived from the original on September 24, 2020. Retrieved September 24 ...
"prostitution - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education". Education.yahoo.com. Archived from the original on ... High-class or the most popular tawaifs could often pick and choose between the best of their suitors. They contributed to music ... p.105 Accessed: 14 March 2017 Trotsky, Leon (1921). "Terrorism and Communism: Chapter 7, The Working Class and Its Soviet ...
"Committee details - Education Panel , Greater London Authority". london.gov.uk. Retrieved 14 August 2019. "Dr Fiona Twycross - ... Twycross most recently sat on the Assembly's Education Panel, and the Economy Committee. Twycross was a member of the London ... "Free school dinners all round, regardless of income , Education , The Guardian". theguardian.com. Retrieved 10 February 2014. " ...
"EDUCATION". dorothea-rockburne. Retrieved 2020-04-06. Karen Rosenberg, "Mathematical Ratios, Papered, Folded and Cut" (review ... Rockburne participated in performances at the Judson Dance Theater and took classes at the American Ballet Theater. During that ...
"Education; City U. Graduate School Gains High Rank". The New York Times. "Emeritus Faculty". Anthropology Department. City ... anthropological inquiry and education. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press. ISBN 080326464X. Ruwell, Mary Elizabeth (1995). ...
Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
"Education". saginawzoo.com. Saginaw Children's Zoo. Archived from the original on 20 February 2010. Retrieved 27 February 2010 ... The zoo provides many educational opportunities including family classes, one-, two-, or three-day zoo camps, various theme ...
"Yale University Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) Scores for Freshmen Matriculants Class of 1980 - Class of 2017". Archived from ... The new scale used a reference group of about one million seniors in the class of 1990: the scale was designed so that the SAT ... The class-action suit was settled in August 2007, when the College Board and Pearson Educational Measurement, the company that ... The Center for Education Reform (August 22, 1996). "SAT Increase - The Real Story, Part II". Archived from the original on July ...
Campbelltown Arts Centre
"Education". Campbelltown Arts Centre. Retrieved 28 April 2020. Reich, Hannah (22 February 2020). "Refugee and Indigenous ...
Robert S. Welch
"Education". Evening Sun. September 4, 1997. Retrieved April 28, 2018. "Robert Welch (1944-2016)". goucher.edu. Goucher College ...
ISBN 0198203853 Working-Class Cultures in Britain, 1890-1960: Gender, Class and Ethnicity, Routledge, 1994. ISBN 0415098971 ... They focus on topics such as women's history, gender, working-class culture, war and masculinity, the cultural history of fear ... "Joanna Bourke: it's been emotional , Education". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 February 2017. Jean Seaton. "Review: Rape: A ... "British Academy announces 42 new fellows". Times Higher Education. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014. "Professor Joanna ...
London Borough of Islington
In 2000, Cambridge Education Associates, a private firm, took over the management of the Islington's state schools from the ... The London Borough of Islington is home to two higher education institutions: City, University of London at Northampton Square ... The borough also currently contains three colleges of further education: London Screen Academy; City and Islington College; and ... local education authority. The following people and military units have received the Freedom of the Borough of Islington. ...
"Education :". Vancouver Aquarium. Retrieved 2020-02-10. "History of the Aquarium". Vancouver Aquarium. Archived from the ... ocean literacy education, conservation and marine animal rehabilitation. The Vancouver Aquarium was one of the first facilities ... including the wet lab education room, which contains both conventional teaching methods such as computers, tables, and chairs, ...
Anoop Kumar Mittal
"Education". NBCC Ltd. Archived from the original on 22 January 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged ...
Sindhi High School, Hebbal
Sindhi Seva Samithi extended its vision of providing education at an affordable price by starting a school at Hebbal. This ... Vidyashilp Academy Trio World Academy Mallya Aditi International School "Top 10 CBSE Schools in Bangalore". Education. ...
Education. Retrieved on 25 January 2012. "How to Use Electrical Appliances Efficiently During the Summer" "TEPCO" Retrieved on ...
Among her books are Human Capacity Development Across the Lifespan and Nutrition, Health, Education and for All. In 1996, she ... Beryl Levinger was an international development professional who focuses on five core areas: strategic planning; education; ...
Chris Johnson (Mississippi politician)
He is a member on the following others: Appropriations; Business and Financial Institutions; Drug Policy; Education; Insurance ... Education; Banking and Financial Services; Transportation; and Performance Based Budgeting. In 2019, incumbent, and friend of ...
Gross domestic product
The most direct of the three is the production approach, which sums the outputs of every class of enterprise to arrive at the ... education, and government, work, social and health (mental and physical) indicators. The proposal was inspired by the King of ... education; living standards; good governance; and ecological vitality. In 2013, the OECD Better Life Index was published by the ... particularly in areas such as healthcare and education. Another important area that does not necessarily improve along with GDP ...
Smothers, Ronald (26 March 2000). "EDUCATION; Newark School To Offer Shelter With Education". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 ... "U.S. Department of Education - ed blog". Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. McCabe, Thomas A. (2011) Miracle on High ... Department of Education. McPadden, Malachy M., ed. (1992) The Benedictines in Newark [Newark Abbey Press, Newark], p. 5-6 ...
She enrolled at the University of London and obtained a first-class degree in physiology (1976) and a Doctor of Philosophy ... "Nancy Rothwell: Her own boss , Education , The Guardian: The head of research at the UK's biggest university tells Donald ...
Multichannel vs omnichannel - Move from transactional to 360-degree brand experience Fiona., Ellis-Chadwick; Education., ...
College of Family Physicians of Canada
The Research and Education Foundation of the CFPC was established to provide funding for honours, awards, scholarships, and ... "RESEARCH AND EDUCATION FOUNDATION OF THE COLLEGE OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS OF CANADA/RECHERCHE MEDECINS DE FAMILLE DU CANADA". ... The CFPC establishes the standards for the training, certification, and lifelong education of family physicians in Canada. It ... "Deharmonization FAQs , Certification Examination in Family Medicine , Education , The College of Family Physicians Canada". www ...
Endowed Schools Act 1869
Education". In A. W. Ward; A. R. Waller (eds.). Volume XIV. The Victorian Age, Part Two. The Cambridge History of English and ... The commission proposed the creation of a national system of secondary education by restructuring the endowments of these ... ISBN 978-0-7130-0186-0. Sutherland, Gillian (1990). "Education". In Thompson, F. M. L. (ed.). Social Agencies and Institutions ... The Welsh Intermediate Education Act 1889, section 1; The Endowed Schools Act 1874, section 10; The Endowed Schools Act 1873, ...
"Education." Inverness Chamber of Congress. Retrieved on March 3, 2011. "Sunflower County Library Directory." Sunflower County ...
Presidential Management Staff (Philippines)
... computer education; accounting; agriculture-related courses; law; education; and organizational/mass communication. The PMS is ... The priority programs included projects related to land reform, housing, education, and rural electrification. These status ... education, welfare and development, infrastructure, agriculture, trade, industry, tourism, environment, judicial reforms, ...
Plano Senior High School
During the first year only at the new campus, PSHS served 10th - 12th grade, making the Class of 1978 the only class to attend ... Plano Senior High School teams currently compete in UIL competitions in District 6 of the 6A Class, the class designated for ... Students in the class achieved an average composite SAT score of 1163 out of 1600 and a mean composite ACT score of 24.7 out of ... The Texas Education Agency later praised the district for its handling of integration, calling it "an exceptional job." In the ...
Chronicle of Higher Education. July 19, 2007. Archived from the original on September 30, 2007. "Search Inside" Archived ... Archives, in; Data; Education; Archive, Internet; September 22nd, Libraries ,; Comment, 2020 Leave a. "The Internet Archive ... Ringmar, Erik (April 10, 2008). "Liberate and Disseminate". Times Higher Education Supplement. Official website. ...
Fort Hays State University
Official website Fort Hays State University at College Navigator, a tool from the National Center for Education Statistics. ... FHSU comprises five colleges (Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Entrepreneurship; Education; Health and ... a unit that evolved from the Department of Continuing Education and Learning Technology in 1999. The Docking Institute is a ...
Claremont High School (Cape Town)
"Western Cape Education Department National Senior Certificate Examinations 2016 Awards to Schools". Western Cape Education ... The city's department of education had decided to embark on a project and create a school that would primarily focus on maths ... Pretorius, Cornia (2011-03-11). "New beginnings , Education , M&G". Mg.co.za. Retrieved 2017-02-07. Jones, Michelle (2013-11-06 ...
List of colleges and universities in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex
"Education , City of Dallas Office of Economic Development". www.dallasecodev.org. Retrieved 2019-10-28. "Education , Fort Worth ... "Higher Education". Say Yes to Dallas. Retrieved 2019-10-28. "2020 Best Colleges in Dallas-Fort Worth Area". Niche. Retrieved ...
Microsoft in education
Find affordable education technology and resources for your school and students. ... Devices for education starting at just $219. With affordable and secure devices, powerful tools for education, and free ... Deliver individualized instruction at scale with easy access to free Office 365 Education and Learning Tools that give students ... The latest from Microsoft Education. Whats new in remote learning. Get advice from remote learning experts on everything from ...
The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) | USPS
COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs
See COVID-19 guidance for operating early care and education/child care programs including mask use, physical distancing and ... CDCs Science Brief on Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs summarizes evidence on ... COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs. COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and ... This updated version of COVID-19 guidance for Early Care and Education (ECE) programs, including child care centers, home-based ...
New York State Education Department
The New York State Education Department is part of the University of the State of New York (USNY), one of the most complete, ... Watch the video of the virtual My Brothers Keeper Village Meeting presented by the New York State Education Department and the ... As a necessary precaution, access to all State Education Department buildings will be restricted to visitors until further ... Subscribe to receive news and updates from the New York State Education Department. ...
Education | UW Medicine
Know What to Expect at Your Child's K-12 School or Early Care and Education Program | CDC
Physical Education and Physically Active Play. Physical play is important for children. In general, people do not need to wear ... Know What to Expect at Your Childs K-12 School or Early Care and Education Program. Know What to Expect at Your Childs K-12 ... When physical education and play are held indoors, children and staff should wear masks. Children and staff should physically ... Schools and early care and education programs can make exceptions for children who cannot wear a mask or cannot safely wear a ...
For Education & Outreach, Flatiron, Founders, and SFARI Clinical grant questions: [email protected] ... For Education & Outreach, Flatiron, Founders, and SFARI Clinical grant questions:. [email protected] ... For Education & Outreach, Flatiron, Founders, and SFARI Clinical grant questions:. [email protected] ... Award at the time that an institution receives its first award and will contact the institution with detailed instructions for ...
AASHE, the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
Join AASHEs community of higher education sustainability professionals and be empowered to lead the global sustainability ... Aggregating Higher Education Demand for Renewables: A Primer This new publication highlights the benefits of aggregating energy ... AASHE empowers higher education faculty, administrators, staff and students to be effective change agents and drivers of ... A one-stop shop for toolkits and resource collections on all aspects of sustainability in higher education. ...
Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory - Wiki
EDUCATION - HISTORY - LANGUAGES - RESOURCES - SCHOOLS. LIVING FAMILY - MEDICAL - RELIGION - SURNAMES - WEBMASTERS. EDUCATION ↑ ... Online Education & Resources. Research & Learning. Web Pages for Scholarly Societies. MATH + (MATHEMATICS) + EDUCATION ↑ upΛ. ... Administration: Associations & Professional Education. Lesson Plans, Teacher Helps & Homework. Media & Instruction for Schools ... Education Finances: Planning - Scholarships. Family History Based Education Resources. Heritage & Educational Tutorials. ...
We are happy to offer a 15-minute free trial class. Book a Free Trial Lesson now. Click on the link below to experience the fun ... We offer two types of Cantonese classes: Private and Group Classes for you to learn Cantonese. ... Group classes can be held at our training center or your office or home. You will enjoy:. *● Small group size (2-4 people per ... New vocabulary will always reinforced in later lessons from different activities. Dont be afraid if you are too busy to do the ...
NEA - The Crisis in the Education of Latino Students
"Defining an Adequate Education for English Learners." Education Finance and Policy.. Gándara, P., and M.C. Gómez. Forthcoming ... Cambridge, MA: Harvard Education Press.. Rumberger, R., and P. Gándara. 2004. "Seeking Equity in the Education of Californias ... Is There Really a Latino Education Crisis? The most urgent problem for the American education system has a Latino face. Latinos ... Patricia Gándara is Professor of Education in the Graduate School of Education at the University of California-Los Angeles. ...
Viagra Prescription Instructions : Price Comparison!
... In this cryotherapy the different ingredients for an online, instructions ... In instructions prescription viagra the generico dosage contains solutions obtain not of just begun treatment unsafe front ... Domnul, viagra prescription instructions şi s-a întors body de la different înapoi 100mg action. ... The supreme court rejected the pill that each moniker in a prezzo item is now a cheap help, viagra prescription instructions ...
The primary purpose of this evaluation is to analyse success-factors or failure-factors and to draw lessons for future similar ... The primary purpose of this evaluation is to analyse success factors or failure factors and to draw lessons for future similar ... Ex-post Evaluation Report on the Two Primary and Secondary Education Projects in Palestine. This evaluation determines whether ... Ex-post Evaluation Report on the Project for Effective ICT Education at the College of Engineering and Technology, University ...
The aforementioned evaluation concerns the Education sector-secondary education level, focusing 4 key axes: schools network ... in the education system for the use of Portuguese as an official language and a language of instruction. ... Education in Developing Countries - What Policies and Programmes Affect Learning and Time in School?. This report provides a ... Evaluation of Results-Based Aid in Rwandan Education - Year Two Annex Report. The objective of the programme is to pilot the ...
Information on scholarship programs are available from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) web site at www.education.ohio. ... and provides support to the general education teacher and/or the SWD participating in the general education setting. The ... IDEIA ensures the provision of a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) for every student who qualifies under the Federal ... Anyone aware of a child who may have special needs living within the district is asked to call Dianne Kosco, Special Education ...
Education - Apple
In and out of class.. Weve developed tools to make it easy for you to guide how your students use devices and apps in the ... We created the comprehensive Everyone Can Code curriculum with lessons on iPad and Mac, teacher guides, and apps to make it ... and initiatives to recognize pioneers in education. All to empower you to be the best teacher you can be. ...
Welcome to Community Education. Fergus Falls Community Education provides opportunities for life-long learning for citizens of ... to Adult Basic Education.. We need you! Community Education has a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the school year ... adult enrichment classes, youth programs, volunteer opportunities, classes for adults with disabilities, community ... all ages! They range from - Early Childhood Education programs for young children and their parents, ...
MIT - education
Schools & Education
All lesson plans, files, or contributions posted here may be included on the art education website, The Incredible Art ... This list is run by The Incredible Art Department . We cover all kinds of issues here related to art education and the arts. ... This group is an art education listgroup for teachers, students, parents, artists, and homeschoolers from around the world. ... education&w. 2=Fine+art&w3=Continuing+education&w4=Fine+art+poster&w5=Fine+art+reproducti. ons&w6=Fine+arts+education&c=6&s=133 ...
... companies such as Chipotle looking to offer education-as-a-benefit to employees, adult learners interested in upping their ... For Front-Line Workers, The Right Classes Could Lead To $60,000-A-Year Jobs. Guild Education, a Denver start-up, says its ... the SWS program was in development for two years under the Wine Scholar Guild education team and SWS Education Director Rick ... Class Act: This 31-Year-Olds Company Rocketed To A $1 Billion Valuation Helping Workers Get Degrees. Most edtech startups are ...
Education - Wikipedia
... and practice of education Progressive education Right to education Sociology of education - The study of how public ... Sex education instruction method Education for Sustainable Development Educational technology - Use of technology in education ... Schools deliver education, with support from the rest of the education system through various elements such as education ... Tertiary education is normally taken to include undergraduate and postgraduate education, as well as vocational education and ...
Additionally, a professional filmmaker will lead an in-class workshop on narrative storytelling while helping students learn ... Each student will translate the films themes, directors perspectives, class discussions and their own cultural backgrounds ... class discussions, and workshops with award-winning filmmakers. The films are presented in conjunction with the Carnegie Mellon ...
Purdue College of Education: Career and Technical Education provides educators with advanced manufacturing skills to ... Education and Workforce Development Director, Sascha Harrell, [email protected] K-12 Achievement Initiative. Provides a ... Education and Workforce Development. IN-MaC provides programs and services to enhance the talents and capabilities of Indianas ... Advanced Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (College of Education, Purdue University). *Develop curriculum for CTE ...
Abstracts: Industry-Approved Education. Is big business support for education just hype? Presidential candidates speak out on ... Abstracts: Is mums push more of a shove? Marks in class count less than class marks. Speaking their language ... Abstracts: Invest in education and it will pay you back. The US admissions system would be considered corrupt in Britain, but ... Work force education reform. Abstracts: I say tomato, you say... child slayer. Why do good neighbours become sworn enemies? The ...
Sign our education issues petitions and advocate for high-quality, affordable education for all! ... Where do you stand on todays education issues? Lets stand together.. Its time to stand together on the education issues we ... These education issues seem insurmountable. But we cannot just throw up our hands and continue to ignore these problems. No ... Class sizes are increasing as the pool of available teachers is decreasing. In 2008, the United Nations estimated that 69 ...
... SWRS hosts several advanced training courses and workshops which are offered by outside sources. See the course ... Be sure to visit the Class and Workshop Housing and Rates webpage for information on rooms offered during these events. ... Field trips teach collecting and sampling techniques; associated lab work provides instruction on specimen preparation, sorting ... associated lab work provides instruction on specimen identification, preparation and labeling. Information on equipment/supply ...
202020182017Higher educationStudentsOutreach2019Tertiary educationProgramsContentVocationalSecondary educationContinuing EducationGraduate school2030Standards-BasedSustainable Development GoalProgram1914EducatorsProgrammeGuidanceCurriculum1950sExploreLearnLatin AmericaGradeSchoolTeachCreativityUNICEFState'sSignatoryProgrammesAdult EducationSchoolsQualityInternational StandardWorkFormalPrimarySupportCoursesRelevanceOfficeCompulsoryTeacherAccessStudentResourcesUnited Nations
- The Center for Public Policy and Higher Education 10 has projected that if the state of California does not immediately begin preparing more underrepresented students for higher education, by 2020 the state will experience an 11% drop in per capita income, resulting in serious economic hardship for the people of California. (nea.org)
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims March 27, 2018, as "Education and Sharing Day, U.S.A. (whitehouse.gov)
- March 27, 2017 A privately funded program provides higher education to about 300 students in New York state prisons. (npr.org)
- March 27, 2017 Tressie McMillan Cottom worked in enrollment at two for-profit colleges, but quit because she felt uncomfortable selling students an education they couldn't afford. (npr.org)
- We are an independent non-profit organisation committed to world-class teaching in higher education. (heacademy.ac.uk)
- We work in partnership with institutions and individuals in higher education supporting student success. (heacademy.ac.uk)
- The Higher Education Academy brings the sector together to collaborate, and share teaching strategies and practice. (heacademy.ac.uk)
- Offering 'up-to-the-minute' information, insights and opinion from higher education professionals like you. (heacademy.ac.uk)
- The Higher Education Academy run and support a range of events and training courses. (heacademy.ac.uk)
- HECAT: Health Education Teacher Training Manual A Guide for health education teacher preparation programs in institutions of higher education. (cdc.gov)
- The largest stage to share effective models, policies, research, collaborations and transformative actions which advance sustainability in higher education. (aashe.org)
- A one-stop shop for toolkits and resource collections on all aspects of sustainability in higher education. (aashe.org)
- AASHE empowers higher education faculty, administrators, staff and students to be effective change agents and drivers of sustainability innovation. (aashe.org)
- Our program connects campus sustainability practitioners with peers to share knowledge, cooperate on projects and advance the field of higher education sustainability. (aashe.org)
- Higher education is undergoing rapid technological change, with entire institutions adopting the use of online learning methods. (continuing-education.net)
- Some are aimed at universities and banks, urging them to make higher education more affordable so that everyone can enjoy access to the same opportunities. (thepetitionsite.com)
- Courses to develop education professionals' teaching and leadership skills, from early years to higher education and academia. (ucl.ac.uk)
- For other uses, see Higher Learning (disambiguation) and Higher Education (disambiguation) . (wikipedia.org)
- Higher education is tertiary education leading to award of an academic degree . (wikipedia.org)
- Higher education, also called post-secondary education , third-level or tertiary education , is an optional final stage of formal learning that occurs after completion of secondary education . (wikipedia.org)
- Tertiary education at a non-degree level is sometimes referred to as further education or continuing education as distinct from higher education. (wikipedia.org)
- The right of access to higher education is mentioned in a number of international human rights instruments . (wikipedia.org)
- Higher education at undergraduate level, masters and doctoral level became levels 6, 7 and 8. (wikipedia.org)
- In the days when few pupils progressed beyond primary education or basic education , the term "higher education" was often used to refer to secondary education, which can create some confusion. (wikipedia.org)
- Higher education includes teaching, research, exacting applied work (e.g. in medical schools and dental schools ), and social services activities of universities. (wikipedia.org)
- Pearson has partnered with five other higher-education publishers to create CourseSmart , a company developed to sell college textbooks in eTextbook format on a common platform. (wikipedia.org)
- GreyCampus partnered with Pearson for higher-education teaching-learning solutions [ buzzword ] under the Learningware brand. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2013, The Chronicle of Higher Education published an article called "The Object Formerly Known as Textbook. (esri.com)
- and especially CourseSmart, which claims to offer access to e-textbooks for more than 90 percent of the core content higher education titles at up to 60 percent off the cost of print editions. (esri.com)
- However, as Digital Book World observed, "students just aren't taking to e-textbooks … but they are taking to what higher education publishing insiders call 'integrated learning systems'" that bring together a variety of resources. (esri.com)
- Supporting this prediction is the fact that while only 2 to 3 percent of textbook sales at college bookstores were fully digital in 2010 (according to a survey cited in The Chronicle of Higher Education article), revenues from digital products for K-12 schools increased 46 percent from 2008-10 and 18.4 percent in 2011 alone. (esri.com)
- These options provide ideal ways to meet the needs of educators, staff and students in primary and secondary schools as well as higher education institutions. (adobe.com)
- The Administration supports an agenda that provides school choice for parents, better prepares students to compete in a global economy, modernizes an antiquated federal student aid system, and holds higher education institutions more accountable to students and taxpayers alike. (whitehouse.gov)
- Chile's educational system, structured along the lines of 19th-century French and German models and highly regarded among Latin American countries, is divided into eight years of free and compulsory basic (primary) education, four years of optional secondary or vocational education , and additional (varying) years of higher education . (britannica.com)
- Microsoft Teams for Education provides an online classroom so students and teachers can find new ways to continue to focus on learning - free for schools and universities. (microsoft.com)
- Deliver individualized instruction at scale with easy access to free Office 365 Education and Learning Tools that give students of all abilities independence and the opportunity to learn without stigma. (microsoft.com)
- The cornerstone Federal legislation for the education of students with disabilities is the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act. (google.com)
- Founded by Carlson and Stich in 2015, students can take classes and enroll in accredited programs and degrees from schools such as StraighterLine and Colorado State University. (forbes.com)
- Additionally, a professional filmmaker will lead an in-class workshop on narrative storytelling while helping students learn media literacy and gain technical proficiency. (cmu.edu)
- This course introduces students from all academic majors to the socio-political significance and artistic merits of film through screenings of acclaimed, international features and documentaries, class discussions, and workshops with award-winning filmmakers. (cmu.edu)
- Students in all of UW Neurology education programs benefit from faculty members who are dedicated teachers and mentors to the next generation of neurologists. (washington.edu)
- Excellent teaching is offered to medical students, graduate students, residents training in hospitals or clinics, and professionals seeking continuing medical education. (washington.edu)
- Educators say there has been increased demand from students for more in-depth lessons on Black history-and lawmakers are responding. (edweek.org)
- Some demand more funding for early childhood education so that our youngest students can start their educational journey well. (thepetitionsite.com)
- Pearson Education is a British -owned education publishing and assessment service to schools and corporations, as well for students directly. (wikipedia.org)
-  In 2010, Pearson agreed to a 5-year, $32 million, contract with the New York State Department of Education to design tests for students in grades 4-8. (wikipedia.org)
- iPad gives teachers the ability to differentiate instruction, personalize learning, and create engaging activities so students can explore math. (apple.com)
- Teach coding to students from kindergarten to college with interactive guides and lessons. (apple.com)
- Led by Apple Distinguished Educator Matt Cauthron, this four-year career and technology education program inspires at-risk students through digital storytelling with Apple products. (apple.com)
- March 31, 2010 The Bolivian-born math teacher who surprised the education establishment by teaching students in a tough Los Angeles high school to master calculus and other higher math courses has died. (npr.org)
- March 30, 2010 Education Secretary Arne Duncan says the new law that takes out the middleman and brings the federal government in to the student loan business is an investment in students. (npr.org)
- I'm currently working on my Bachelors in Special Education in Mild to Moderate, but I work at an alternative school for students with ASD and all the students at this school are Moderate to Severe and receive 1:1 aides (which is what my current position is). (reddit.com)
- I asked her how she felt about making lesson plans everyday for her students, she said she hated the thought of it. (reddit.com)
- With a Field Education office on both the Norman and Tulsa campuses, placements are coordinated across Oklahoma in over 300 affiliated agencies offering students direct learning experiences with individuals, families, groups, and communities. (ou.edu)
- Field Coordinators work with the students, sites, field instructors and liaisons to assure that quality field education occurs. (ou.edu)
- Learn Not to Burn Free online fire safety education programs for students in preschool through grade 2. (nfpa.org)
- Music Education provides students with a strong foundation in music performance, history and theory along with the theory and practices of music education. (uky.edu)
- The first goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and members of the Web community involved in Web education: teachers, tutors, program coordinators, content designers and students, to have them present their programs, their courses, their teaching material and their experience with Web Science education. (w3.org)
- Apollo Education Group, Inc. is one of the world's largest private education providers, serving students since 1973. (corporate-ir.net)
- Louisiana's education policy changes aim to improve outcomes for public school students statewide. (rand.org)
- In late 2019, Guild Education CEO Rachel Carlson appeared on the cover of Forbes amidst a very different labor market with a razor-thin 3.5% unemployment rate. (forbes.com)
- Find out what went on at GESS Dubai 2019, the leading Education Conference & Exhibition in the Middle East. (youtube.com)
- Text adopted at the African Conference on Quality Early Childhood Education and the Professionalization of Educators (Casablanca, Morocco, 2-5 December 2019), organized by the ILO, UNESCO and the Government of the Kingdom of Morocco. (ilo.org)
- In fiscal year 2019, we provided about $3 billion for education programs, technical assistance, and other projects designed to improve learning and provide everyone with the opportunity to get the education they need to succeed. (worldbank.org)
- For broader coverage of this topic, see Tertiary education . (wikipedia.org)
- The International Standard Classification of Education in 1997 initially classified all tertiary education together in 1997 version of its schema. (wikipedia.org)
- Non-degree level Tertiary education , sometimes referred to as further education or continuing education was reordered ISCED 2011 level 4, with level 5 for some higher courses. (wikipedia.org)
- Promoting vaccination among eligible individuals can help Early Care and Education (ECE) programs protect staff and children in their care, as well as their families. (cdc.gov)
- This updated version of COVID-19 guidance for Early Care and Education (ECE) programs, including child care centers, home-based programs and family child care, Head Start, and other pre-kindergarten programs, outlines strategies for ECE programs to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and maintain safe operations. (cdc.gov)
- And programs to help teachers learn from one another, professional learning resources to build skills and confidence with iPad and Mac, and initiatives to recognize pioneers in education. (apple.com)
- Provide and manage health education programs that help individuals, families, and their communities maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles. (bls.gov)
- May serve as resource to assist individuals, other health professionals, or the community, and may administer fiscal resources for health education programs. (bls.gov)
- The American Montessori Society is the largest organization in the world dedicated to the Montessori method with more than 1,300 affiliated school and almost 100 teacher-education programs. (wikipedia.org)
- ACM's educational activities, conducted primarily through our Education Board and Advisory Committee, range from the K-12 space (CSTA) and two-year programs to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral-level education, and professional development for computing practitioners at every stage of their career. (acm.org)
- More than 275 SHRM Education Partners worldwide offer SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preparation programs. (shrm.org)
- Whether you want to learn to scuba dive or you're a certified scuba diver looking to continue your education, PADI's digital scuba programs are the way to go. (padi.com)
- We work on education programs in more than 80 countries and are committed to helping countries reach SDG4, which calls for access to quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all by 2030. (worldbank.org)
- We work on education programs in more than 80 countries and are committed to helping countries reach Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 by 2030. (worldbank.org)
- Families are encouraged to work with their Financial Management Officer at post or their agency's certifying officer to ensure their planned purchases and education programs meet the respective requirements before purchasing. (state.gov)
- Some families have also used education consultants to construct personalized programs. (state.gov)
- The Department of State and the Family Liaison Office do not endorse any of these programs and strongly advise families to independently research education options for their children. (state.gov)
- These programs provide high-quality disease and dementia education for those directly affected by the disease. (alz.org)
- Through its subsidiaries, Apollo Education Group offers undergraduate, graduate, professional development and other nondegree educational programs and services, online and on-campus principally to working learners. (corporate-ir.net)
- While it hasn't happened yet, the House Education and the Workforce Committee still is expected to vote sometime this spring on a bill to reauthorize the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act, which governs school meal and other child nutrition programs. (nea.org)
- With 11 years' experience of the global education market, visit GESS Dubai for an unrivalled conference programme with content targeted to you, see influential speakers who are helping to push the education agenda forward and be inspired by our unique mix of local and international exhibitors. (youtube.com)
- Other content providers offering digital alternatives include Inkling, Kno.com, and Discovery Education. (esri.com)
- Fairfax County Home Instruction Guidelines / Online Campus - Fairfax County Public Schools offers online courses identical in content to those offered in traditional classrooms. (state.gov)
- This evaluation aims to examine the effectiveness of KOICA's technical and vocational education and training projects (TVET). (oecd.org)
- The evaluation determines any contribution of the Results Based Aid (RBA) pilot to additional learners completing key stages in primary and secondary education and additional teachers becoming competent in the use of English. (oecd.org)
- Our Nation's elementary and secondary education systems are falling behind the rest of the world. (whitehouse.gov)
- Get information on the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). (ets.org)
- Info concerning Plymouth State University continuing education, registering for required degree courses, and taking free practice tests online. (continuing-education.net)
- Admissions application dates vary, so check with the continuing education office to request a list of courses offered, and an updated schedule of classes. (continuing-education.net)
- Entrance testing dates as well as continuing education information may be posted on the student services website. (continuing-education.net)
- The Cisco Continuing Education Program offers all certification holders flexible options to recertify by completing a variety of eligible Continuing Education items. (cisco.com)
- Keep reading to learn more about Continuing Education options and to discover how you can maintain your certifications by doing the things that certified professionals already love to do. (cisco.com)
- The Continuing Education program is intended to encourage candidates to maintain, grow, and diversify skillsets by offering flexible, configurable pathways to validate skills and recertify existing certifications. (cisco.com)
- Active certification holders can select from a list of pre-approved Continuing Education activities to apply towards recertification. (cisco.com)
- Each qualifying Continuing Education option has an assigned credit value. (cisco.com)
- Complete any combination of items to achieve the number of Continuing Education credits required for your certification. (cisco.com)
- To view the approved catalog of the Continuing Education offerings, logon to the Continuing Education Program portal . (cisco.com)
- For a sample of pre-approved available courses, view the Cisco Continuing Education Program Catalog. (cisco.com)
- ASHA Approved CE Providers plan, conduct, evaluate, and continuously improve their continuing education (CE) courses using the standards and requirements established by the ASHA Continuing Education Board (CEB). (asha.org)
- To provide the best possible service to Indiana taxpayers, the Department conducts a mandatory continuing education program to ensure assessing officials across the state receive and remain up to date in assessment information. (in.gov)
- Level I Assessor-Appraisers are required to earn 30 hours of continuing education credits during a two-year cycle following initial certification and every two years thereafter. (in.gov)
- Level II and Level III Assessor-Appraisers are required to earn 45 hours of continuing education credits during a two-year cycle following initial certification and every two years thereafter. (in.gov)
- The Department has contracted with Briljent to provide the registration and instruction of the quarterly continuing education classes. (in.gov)
- The Department tracks the continuing education credit hours for all individuals who hold a Level I, Level II, or Level III Assessor-Appraiser certification. (in.gov)
- Individuals interested in a current list of their individual continuing education credits can e-mail a request to Donna Bratcher at [email protected] . (in.gov)
- Assessors should maintain a current address on file with the Department to ensure continuing education updates are received in a timely manner. (in.gov)
- If continuing education requirements are not met, as a Level I, Level II, or Level III Assessor-Appraiser, disciplinary proceedings according to 50 IAC 15-3-5 may commence. (in.gov)
- The latter level of education is often referred to as graduate school , especially in North America. (wikipedia.org)
- We are committed to helping countries reach Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 , which calls for access to quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all by 2030. (worldbank.org)
- The WBG helped draft and is a signatory to the Education 2030 Framework for Action , which guides countries through the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goal for education. (worldbank.org)
- RAND has worked to design and implement comprehensive standards-based education reform in the Middle East and Korea, and continues to conduct research in all areas of international education policy in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. (rand.org)
Sustainable Development Goal1
- There is a movement for education reform, and in particular for evidence-based education with global initiatives aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 4, which promotes quality education for all. (wikipedia.org)
- Devised to be the ultimate source for Spanish wine education, the SWS program was in development for two years under the Wine Scholar Guild education team and SWS Education Director Rick Fisher. (forbes.com)
- Program improvement plan for high school and middle school CTE educators in advanced manufacturing education. (purdue.edu)
- The Field Education program welcomes you to the practicum experience, whether you are a prospective social work student, a current student at the University of Oklahoma Anne & Henry Zarrow School of Social Work, or a prospective Field Instructor. (ou.edu)
- I highly recommend the SHRM Education Partner Program to anyone contemplating the certification exam. (shrm.org)
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP credential-holders may earn up to 36 PDCs for recertification when attending a SHRM Education Partner Program for professional development only. (shrm.org)
- The 1914 critical booklet The Montessori System Examined, by influential education teacher William Heard Kilpatrick, limited the spread of Montessori's ideas, and they languished after 1914. (wikipedia.org)
- With affordable and secure devices, powerful tools for education, and free professional development opportunities, Microsoft is here to support your educators in creating inclusive online environments that help every student to learn anywhere. (microsoft.com)
- Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, however learners can also educate themselves. (wikipedia.org)
- If you work in adult education, you can spend time teaching or providing training at another organisation in an Erasmus+ Programme country . (europa.eu)
- This guidance is based on current scientific evidence and lessons learned from schools and ECEs implementing COVID-19 prevention strategies. (cdc.gov)
- Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT) Assess health education curricula, based on national health education standards and CDC guidance. (cdc.gov)
- This document provides guidance to policy-makers on measures to support teachers and education staff when schools reopen, during and after the COVID-19 crisis. (ilo.org)
- Education helps caregivers identify triggers, understand symptoms, provide strategies to learn to cope with symptoms, and provide guidance for planning for a future with the disease. (alz.org)
- Diabetes education does not really try to make you an expert on the issue, the focus is more on equipping you with sufficient knowledge to assist someone in need of guidance. (excite.com)
- We created the comprehensive Everyone Can Code curriculum with lessons on iPad and Mac, teacher guides, and apps to make it easy to teach coding in your classroom. (apple.com)
- As Qatar reformed its education system from 2005 to 2007, teachers at new independent schools worked together to develop curricular contents that addressed new international curriculum standards in key subjects, applied significantly more student-centered teaching methods and provided more challenging learning environments. (rand.org)
- Researchers summarize the development of a standards-based student assessment system in Qatar, lessons for policymakers in Qatar and elsewhere, and challenges in aligning the assessment with future changes in the curriculum standards. (rand.org)
- In the 1960s, the spread of illicit drug use from inner city groups to white middle class youth that had begun in the 1950s became an explosive trend. (nih.gov)
- Explore devices for education, starting at $219. (microsoft.com)
- For those seeking to learn Cantonese, we offer two types of Cantonese courses: Private and Group Classes for you to learn Cantonese. (newconceptmandarin.com)
- This report addresses the question of what we can learn from evaluations undertaken in programmes focusing on education. (oecd.org)
- Learn to Invest with Landshark Education - Duration: 3 minutes, 56 seconds. (youtube.com)
- The World Bank Group's global education strategy is focused on "learning for all" and ensuring that all children can attend school and learn. (worldbank.org)
- University education in Chile is of considerable renown throughout Latin America . (britannica.com)
- 5 In 21st-century America, however, it is not sufficient for each generation to advance from a 6th grade education to an 8th grade education and so forth. (nea.org)
- This report, one in a series documenting RAND's evaluation of the New York City Department of Education 5th-grade promotion policy, identifies and reviews the relevant literature on grade retention. (rand.org)
- This report, one in a series on the New York City Department of Education 5th-grade promotion policy, identifies lessons learned about policy design and implementation from top-level administrators in states and districts with similar policies. (rand.org)
- Watch the video of the virtual My Brother's Keeper Village Meeting presented by the New York State Education Department and the Partnership for After School Education. (nysed.gov)
- Education in Developing Countries - What Policies and Programmes Affect Learning and Time in School? (oecd.org)
- Further, Advanced Placement exams are offered in a variety of physical sciences, offering you college credit for honors-level classes that you have taken while still in high school. (continuing-education.net)
- Practice what we are doing in class after school and over the weekends. (google.com)
- Formal education is commonly divided formally into such stages as preschool or kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and then college, university, or apprenticeship. (wikipedia.org)
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer strongly urged a two-week suspension of in-person high school classes in response to new coronavirus outbreaks. (edweek.org)
- This includes the home, the school, the university and any context in which explicit or implicit education takes place. (dartmouth.edu)
- [ citation needed ] .This consists of Universities, Colleges and Polytechnics that offer formal degrees beyond high school or secondary school education. (wikipedia.org)
- Montessori education returned to the United States on September 29, 1958 when Nancy McCormick Rambusch and Georgeann Skakel Dowdle opened the Whitby School in Greenwich, Connecticut. (wikipedia.org)
- I'm in school to teach Special Education with Mild to Moderate but I'm really only interested in doing resource either at the Middle or High School level. (reddit.com)
- In memory of Anacortes High School student Serenity Thomas, who died of leukemia at age 16, those who are 18 or older and intend to go into the field of special education or another related field may apply. (yahoo.com)
- This kit prepares Roma and Traveller children who have not attended nursery school and are neither ready nor sufficiently mature for the first primary school class to start school so that they do not fall too far behind. (coe.int)
- The World Bank is sharpening its support to basic education to galvanize efforts to eliminate learning poverty, to ensure that all children become proficient and confident readers by end of primary school. (worldbank.org)
- Education reform comprises any planned changes in the way a school or school system functions, from teaching methodologies to administrative processes. (rand.org)
- To teach adult education abroad with Erasmus+, your organisation must apply to participate in a mobility project . (europa.eu)
- The evaluation assesses Norwegian multilateral support to basic education through UNICEF and the Global Partnership for Education. (oecd.org)
- In Europe , Article 2 of the First Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights , adopted in 1950, obliges all signatory parties to guarantee the right to education . (wikipedia.org)
- This report provides a comprehensive summary and analysis of the recent research on education policies, programmes and interventions in developing countries. (oecd.org)
- Compare programmes for education. (adobe.com)
- Read the complete details in the Buying Programmes Comparison Guide for Education . (adobe.com)
- Erasmus+ supports teaching assignments at adult education organisations abroad. (europa.eu)
- Though EU-funded, grants are managed by the adult education organisations involved and they are responsible for making payments to individuals. (europa.eu)
- Applications must be made by adult education institutions who in turn select candidates for teaching assignments abroad from their staff. (europa.eu)
- Ask within your adult education organisation to find out if these opportunities are available. (europa.eu)
- Discover stories of schools and education in the national parks. (nps.gov)
- The church established cathedral schools in the Early Middle Ages as centres of advanced education. (wikipedia.org)
- Page 572 - The mode of education now adopted, and the branches of knowledge that are taught at our English grammar schools are not sufficiently extensive nor otherwise calculated to bring the powers of the mind into operation nor to qualify a youth to fill usefully and respectably many of the stations, both public and private, in which he may be placed. (google.com)
- Hundreds of science classes are playing in schools around the country. (npr.org)
- Inclusive Schools: Making a Difference for Roma children" (INSCHOOL) is a joint project of the European Union and Council of Europe focusing on inclusive education for Roma children.The project is based on the assumption that it is not enough to draw up policies of change. (coe.int)
- The emphasis was put on three education goals: quality of learning, gender and inclusion of marginalised groups. (oecd.org)
- Those issues are big and they are complex, but we can ensure that every child receives a quality education if we unite around our shared vision and focus our energy on impact. (thepetitionsite.com)
- We all agree that every child deserves an affordable, high quality education. (thepetitionsite.com)
- When we unite for good, we can contribute to the solution and improve the quality and availability of education in our own communities and around the world. (thepetitionsite.com)
- The Web Education Community Group (CG) aims to evolve the Web and improve the overall skill set of the web industry by improving the quality of available web education resources and courses around the world. (w3.org)
- Beyond developing educational assessment products and services, ETS examines all aspects of education - from access and affordability and the role of assessments to public policy, public opinion and teacher quality. (ets.org)
- Children around the world have the right to a quality education. (rand.org)
- It represents levels 6, 7 and 8 of the 2011 version of the International Standard Classification of Education structure. (wikipedia.org)
- When you create or sign a petition advocating for the education issues that matter to you, you become part of the Care2 community a community that has made world-changing impact through starting campaigns and supporting each other's work. (thepetitionsite.com)
- associated lab work provides instruction on specimen preparation, sorting, and labeling. (amnh.org)
- associated lab work provides instruction on specimen identification, preparation and labeling. (amnh.org)
- Page 189 - THE aim of this book is to lay out in orderly progression for beginners having not less than four lessons a week, one year's work in speaking, reading, and writing German. (google.com)
- In this crude oil review lesson we review our trade plan and explain a little how the value of crude oil futures work. (youtube.com)
- From the beginning, Montessori based her work on her observations of children and experimentation with the environment, materials, and lessons available to them. (wikipedia.org)
- The ILO supports international education goals through numerous decent work strategies, including combatting child labour, promoting social dialogue and freedom of association, and developing skills and employability strategies. (ilo.org)
- After years of work, a range of products was produced which show the concrete manner of the Council of Europe's contribution to improving access to education for Roma. (coe.int)
- To make this vision a reality, the WBG works with countries to improve their education systems and identify the best ways to deliver learning for children, young adults, and those who need skills later in adulthood and for whom the future of work poses new challenges. (worldbank.org)
- Work with your Financial Management Officer at post or your agency's certifying officer to ascertain whether you qualify for the Home Study/Private Instruction Allowance and what will be reimbursable. (state.gov)
- After several years of experience, those who have studied diabetes education are often in a position to work in hospital administration as nutritionists and general health professionals. (excite.com)
- Education can take place in formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. (wikipedia.org)
- As cultures began to extend their knowledge beyond skills that could be readily learned through imitation, formal education developed. (wikipedia.org)
- This was a broad conceptualization of education, which prescribed that it begins at home, supported by formal schooling, and reinforced by community living. (wikipedia.org)
- Historians cite that formal education was mandatory for everyone regardless of social class and gender. (wikipedia.org)
- A real link with non-formal education and the support for families and communities is necessary to create a shift in education - for the benefit of all learners. (coe.int)
- It can be used in both formal education and non-formal educational settings such as cultural centres or museums of Roma culture and history. (coe.int)
- The primary purpose of this evaluation is to analyse success-factors or failure-factors and to draw lessons for future similar projects. (oecd.org)
- DFID funding for the proposed RBA pilot is in addition to DFID's existing support to the education sector. (oecd.org)
- This project of the Portuguese Cooperation aims to support the creation of basic conditions in the Timorese society, and particularly, in the education system for the use of Portuguese as an official language and a language of instruction. (oecd.org)
- Girard promotes inclusion practices whenever appropriate, and provides support to the general education teacher and/or the SWD participating in the general education setting. (google.com)
- Your support of the petitions below will ensure that we begin to solve the education issues in our own communities and around the world. (thepetitionsite.com)
- The activities of the Council of Europe in this field are to support and guide the integration of Roma communities into the mainstream education system. (coe.int)
- If they choose the home study option, families should be aware that they will have to abide by local education laws and will have limited outside support while instituting their education plans. (state.gov)
- The Microsoft Education Center provides on-demand courses that focus on integrating technology into your teaching and how to use tools like OneNote, Teams, and Office 365. (microsoft.com)
- If you choose, online education gives you the opportunity to take difficult courses that won't show up on your transcript. (continuing-education.net)
- All courses in the Department are graded with the exception of Education 42-44 and 46-48, which are Credit/No Credit. (dartmouth.edu)
- Those enrolled in diabetes education courses will get a grasp of the role of insulin in the body. (excite.com)
- The purpose of the project was to determine whether the education project of interest achieved the objectives in terms relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact, and sustainability. (oecd.org)
- Group classes can be held at our training center or your office or home. (newconceptmandarin.com)
- The District encourages parents to call the office of Special Education Director, Dianne Kosco, if they suspect their child has a handicap that may interfere with their child's ability to progress in the general education environment. (google.com)
- En ny Microsoft 365 Education-enhetslisens inkluderer Windows, Intune for Education og Office 365 Education. (microsoft.com)
- In most regions, education is compulsory up to a certain age. (wikipedia.org)
- As a necessary precaution, access to all State Education Department buildings will be restricted to visitors until further notice. (nysed.gov)
- If you have access to a supply closet, it will be helpful to stock your cart daily according to the classes you have on a given day. (yahoo.com)
- Everywhere around the world, women-in comparison to their male counterparts-face compounded conditions of human suffering based solely on their status as women: where there are already limited opportunities to access food, water, education, and social services, women face even more circumscribed access based on their gender. (stanford.edu)
- IDEIA ensures the provision of a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) for every student who qualifies under the Federal Law and corresponding federal and state regulations. (google.com)
- Guild sits at the intersection of three groups: companies such as Chipotle looking to offer education-as-a-benefit to employees, adult learners interested in upping their credentials and U.S. universities out growing their online student body. (forbes.com)
- Each student will translate the films' themes, directors' perspectives, class discussions and their own cultural backgrounds and personal experiences into a final written analysis as part of the pass/fail component of the course. (cmu.edu)
- Student takes too many classes. (rpi.edu)
- Degreed social workers (either BSW or MSW) serve as Field instructors for the student(s) at their agency to provide weekly supervision, instruction and evaluation. (ou.edu)
- Each month you will receive an email that shares events we have planned, quick tips, easy to use resources about exciting new Microsoft Education tools, and ed tech news. (microsoft.com)
- A right to education has been recognized by some governments and the United Nations. (wikipedia.org)
- Adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) asserts that all members of the human family possess inherent dignity and inalienable rights, such as life and liberty, health and wellbeing, and education and self-expression. (stanford.edu)