The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
A course or method of action selected, usually by an organization, institution, university, society, etc., from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions and positions on matters of public interest or social concern. It does not include internal policy relating to organization and administration within the corporate body, for which ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION is available.
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Conservation of Natural Resources
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
Labour government, 1974-1979
Braun, Ms Anne Romanis (15 September 1986). Wage Determination and Incomes Policy in Open Economies. International Monetary ... "From Social Contract to 'Social Contrick': The Depoliticisation of Economic Policy-Making under Harold Wilson, 1974-751." ... In housing policy, a shift of emphasis in housing policy towards rehabilitation was evident in the further increase in the ... James, Simon (11 March 2002). British Government: A Reader in Policy Making. Routledge. ISBN 9781134829828. "Benefits (Hansard ...
"Policymaking Through a Panic". 2008-12-03. "Where are the Regulators?". 2005-11-01. Mark Zandi's homepage at Economy.com ... a large CDFI that makes investments in disadvantaged neighborhoods. In 2008, Zandi wrote the book Financial ... He analyzes the economic impact of government spending policies and monetary policy response. A trusted advisor to policy ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Washington Post: The Economy". "CNN: Can the economy 'get its groove back'? Moody's ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link] Inamete, Ufot (2001). Foreign Policy Decision-making in Nigeria. ... Dictators and Democracy in African Development: The Political Economy of Good Governance in Nigeria. pp. 55-119. doi:10.1017/ ... Foreign policy From January 1984 to August 1985, Idiagbon took control of all foreign policy matters that involved security. He ... Inamete, Ufot (2001). Foreign Policy Decision-making in Nigeria. Susquehanna University Press. p. 134. Olukoshi, Adebayo; ...
1998). Autonomous policy making by international organizations. Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science Series. ... Review of International Political Economy. 21 (2): 275-309. doi:10.1080/09692290.2013.819812. S2CID 3615527.. Reinalda, Bob; ... Autonomous policy making by international organizations, Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science Series, London ... and environmental decision-makers begin to make policy-shaping decisions based on these specific depictions. The initial ...
"NEO-STALINISM: WRITING HISTORY AND MAKING POLICY - CIA document". www.faqs.org. Clark, Katerina. The Soviet Novel: History as ... This is in part the product of a tendency towards "incrementalism" - seeking to gain economies by allocating a considerable ... and those in power made all the decisions for them". Gorbachev's domestic policies have been described as neo-Stalinist by some ... Its policies shocked the country and contributed to starting the Soviet-Afghan War. North Korea has also been described by ...
Social determinants of health in poverty
Making Americans Healthier: Social and Economic Policy as Health Policy. New York: Russell Sage Foundation. CiteSeerX 10.1. ... Kivimaki et al., 2003). Since most of the global workforce operates under the informal economy, particularly low- and middle- ... and countries whose historical exploitation and inequality in global institutions of power and policy-making, suffer the worst ... are threatened under these new policies. These policies reallocate funding away from public social service programs, causing ...
Volume 1: Policy Making (assisted by Lorna Arnold). (1974). London: Macmillan Publishing, ISBN 0-333-15781-8. Independence and ... British War Economy (with W.K. Hancock; 1952). London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office/Longman's, Green and Co. Civil Industry ... This created a position at the UKAEA for an historian and archivist. Gowing applied for and secured the job in 1959. This ... Gowing was elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 1975, and was made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) ...
1: 5. Glassburner, Bruce (1962). "Economy Policy-Making in Indonesia,1950-57". Economic Development and Cultural Change-The ... making umbrellas, bricks, tiles and ceramic. Successfully built medium and large industries, such as printing, remailing gum, ... 2. Submission at a certain time, namely in mid-1951 3. Before the surrender was made, a conference was first held in order to ... The Aceh region was made part of the North Sumatra Province, whereas previously since December 1949 Aceh had become a separate ...
Corporate tax in Canada
This represented the "rejection of federal control over tax policy-making". In the 2010s, the Alberta Chamber of Commerce " ... News; Economy (June 29, 2020). "Alberta cuts business tax rate, unveils $10 billion infrastructure program". Financial Post. ... Huggett, Donald R. (June 1980). "Alberta tax policy-making". Canadian Tax News. 8 (1). Chan, Michelle; Taylor, Charles (2009). ... making them immune to Alberta taxes". In 2020, when Alberta made a deep and rapid corporate tax rate cut, from 12%, which is ...
African-American middle class
"The Racist Housing Policy That Made Your Neighborhood". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2018-11-10. Dedman, Bill (1988-05-01). "The ... African Americans in the US Economy. p. 175. Conrad, Cecilia A.; Whitehead, John; Mason, Patrick; Stewart, James (2005). "The ... Economic growth, public policy, Black skill development, and the civil rights movement all contributed to the surfacing of a ... Many are former manufacturing suburbs with weak tax bases, poor municipal services, and high levels of debt, compromising the ...
2017 Venezuelan Constituent Assembly election
"Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2014. "Venezuela's Maduro says ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. Siegel, Robert (25 ... Following the CNE's approval of the results, President Maduro immediately stated that a commission would be created "to act ex ... Protests continued on for a month into May 2017, claiming 29 lives before President Maduro made a constitutional proposal. As ...
"Investor Worry: Policy Making, Delay in Spain". Bloomberg TV. "Teaching Kids Entrepreneurial Skills". ABC News. Clemons, Steve ... "Debating the Debt Debates at Atlantic Economy Summit". Yahoo! Finance. "Monica Mehta's articles - Inc.com". Inc. "Monica Mehta ...
Presidency of Nicolás Maduro
According to Marsh, instead of making any policy changes, Maduro placed attention on his "hold on power by closing off the ... "Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. Retrieved 23 February 2014. "Venezuela's April inflation jumps to 5.7 ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. Siegel, Robert (25 ... He has promised to make Venezuela a great power by 2050, stating that the Venezuelan military would lead the way to make the ...
2017 Venezuelan protests
"Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. Retrieved 23 February 2014. "Venezuela's Maduro says 2013 annual ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. Siegel, Robert (25 ... Though it made the schedule strenuous, stretching the process into 2017 made it impossible for the opposition to activate new ... We agree that life there has to get better, and we made the investment in part because we believe it will.". Venezuelan ...
Venezuela Aid Live
"Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2014. Charner, Flora (15 October ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. * Siegel, Robert (25 ... Roger Waters made statements and released a video on Twitter opposing the Venezuela Aid Live concert. He said: "The Red Cross ... The presence of the presidents, in a way, changed the humanitarian slant and made it different." With a goal to raise US$100 ...
Next Venezuelan presidential election
"Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2014. Casey, Nicholas; Torres, ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. * Siegel, Robert (25 ... Arreaza said that "decisions about Venezuela would be made in Caracas and not in Washington or other capitals" and that "the ... The Maduro administration has been responsible for grossly mismanaging the economy and plunging the country into a deep ...
Supreme Tribunal of Justice of Venezuela in exile
"Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. Retrieved 23 February 2014. "Venezuela's Maduro says 2013 annual ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. Siegel, Robert (25 ... Kevin Voigt (6 March 2013). "Chavez leaves Venezuelan economy more equal, less stable". CNN. Retrieved 6 March 2013. ... creating a de jure Supreme Tribunal of Justice separate from the Bolivarian government. The Supreme Tribunal is divided in six ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. Retrieved 23 February 2014. ... though it made the schedule strenuous, stretching the process into 2017 which made it impossible for the opposition to activate ... International observers criticized the move, stating that CNE's decision made Maduro look as if he were seeking to rule as a ...
2017 Venezuelan constitutional crisis
"Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. Retrieved 23 February 2014. "Venezuela's Maduro says 2013 annual ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. Siegel, Robert (25 ... though it made the schedule strenuous, stretching the process into 2017 which made it impossible for the opposition to activate ... We want to make a call on them to be the first guardians of democracy and the Venezuelan Constitution and that they become part ...
"Low-tax policies created the Tiger (Ireland's Economy)". Irish Independent. 24 October 2004. Retrieved 2 November 2006. "Budget ... The US economy grew only 0.3% in April, May, and June 2002 from a year earlier, and the Federal Reserve made 11 rate cuts that ... The Irish economy's increased productive capacity is sometimes attributed to these investments, which made Ireland more ... Intel had resumed its Irish expansion, Google created an office in Dublin, Abbott Laboratories was building a new Irish ...
Venezuelan presidential crisis
"Cuba Is Making the Crisis in Venezuela Worse". Foreign Policy. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2018. "Trump threatens ' ... "Venezuela's economy: Medieval policies". The Economist. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2014. Casey, Nicholas; Torres, ... Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. * Siegel, Robert (25 ... The assembly is made up exclusively of government supporters chosen through an election that Smartmatic, a British company ...
Mother of All Marches
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Kevin Voigt (6 March 2013). "Chavez leaves Venezuelan economy more equal, less stable ... and chronic scarcity of basic goods because of policies created by the Venezuelan government Protests then occurred over the ... as a result of Chávez's policies and Maduro's continuation of them. Protests in Venezuela originally began in February 2014 ...
Crime in Venezuela
Corrales, Javier (7 March 2013). "The House That Chavez Built". Foreign Policy. Retrieved 6 February 2015. Siegel, Robert (25 ... Due to the largely unofficial economy that exists in Venezuela in which nearly every citizen participates, organized crime ... In 2012, La Planta, a prison built in 1964 with a capacity of 350 inmates, held almost 2,500 inmates with many armed with heavy ... According to the World Bank, the 2016 homicide rate was 56 per 100,000, making Venezuela third in the world, after El Salvador ...
Albert O. Hirschman
Journeys toward Progress: studies of economic policy-making in Latin America. New York: Twentieth Century Fund 1967. ... "The Political Economy of Import-Substituting Industrialization in Latin America." The Quarterly Journal of Economics 82, no. 1 ... "The Political Economy of Latin American Development: Seven Exercises in Retrospection." Latin American Research Review 22, no. ... His later work was in political economy and there he advanced two schemata. The first describes the three basic possible ...
... the recessionary effects of the strengthened yen in Japan's economy created an incentive for the expansionary monetary policies ... "The Domestic Sources of Foreign Economic Policies". In Ravenhill, John (ed.). Global Political Economy (1st ed.). Oxford; New ... The devaluation made U.S. exports cheaper to purchase for its trading partners, which in turn allegedly meant that other ... The manufactured goods of the United States became more competitive in the exports market, though were still largely unable to ...
Policy, Research, Dialogue for Africa Made in Africa: Industrial Policy in Ethiopia (Oxford University Press, 2015), a research ... "Manufacturing must lead the economy"". African Business. 2015-07-29. Retrieved 2020-11-27. Oqubay, Arkebe (2015). "Made in ... Made in Africa: Industrial Policy in Ethiopia. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press. 2015-07-28. ISBN 978-0-19-873989-0. " ... Collins, Christina T. (2019). "Made in Africa: Industrial Policy in Ethiopia by Arkebe Oqubay (review)". Northeast African ...
Macintosh, A. (2006). eParticipation in Policy-making: the research and the challenges. In P. Cunningham and M. Cunningham (eds ... Exploiting the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications and Case Studies. Amsterdam: IOS press. pp. 364-369. Macintosh, A. and ... 2010-2012 IMPACT: Integrated Method for Policy making using Argument modelling and Computer assisted Text analysis. European ... Macintosh, A. (2004). Characterizing E-Participation in Policy-Making Proceedings of the Thirty-Seventh Annual Hawaii ...
Jamaica and the World Bank
The current GDP is 15.71 billion US Dollars, making Jamaica one the largest economies in the Caribbean. The economy of Jamaica ... Furthermore, progress has been made on macroeconomic policy. Jamaica has passed the Fiscal Responsibility Law, placing a floor ... 3: Jamaica's economy is prosperous. 4: Jamaica has a healthy natural environment. In order to support this effort, the World ... Several economist have voiced concern over this, arguing that an increase in the size of the informal economy can lead to a ...
... the complexities of policymaking in today's global political economy; and innovative connections among formerly separate ... agency or decision-making. It is assumed that all human beings make economic decisions so as to maximize pleasure or utility. ... which appeared to provide a more coherent policy response to unemployment than unorthodox monetary or trade policies ... Soddy's Ecological Economy",] The New York Times, April 12, p. WK 9. In 1962, Paul Samuelson (who would later win the Nobel ...
"Policy Working Groups". Obama Biden Transition Project. December 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-01-05. "For Each and ... "Foodborne Illness Victims Meet with White House to Push for Food Safety Reform". Make Our Food Safe. Retrieved 2012-12-24. " ... Cuéllar is a scholar of public law, complex organizations, and political economy whose research and teaching explore problems ... While at the White House, he led the Domestic Policy Council's work on criminal and civil justice, public health and safety, ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
Horizon 2020 itself is seen as a policy instrument to implement other high-level policy initiatives of the European Union, such ... "Research and innovation funding: making a real difference". European Commission. 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2018.. ... which is aimed at defining and turning into reality a transformative agenda for greening the economy and the society as a whole ... "Journal of Health Services Research & Policy. 18 (3): 182-185. doi:10.1177/1355819613476017. PMC 4107840. PMID 23595575.. ...
Other documentaries: Made in L.A. (2007); American Standoff (2002); The Fight in the Fields (1997); With Babies and Banners: ... but to carry out the state's economic policy under their cosy relationship with the ruling party. This economic policy, which ... Trade Unions and the Economy, 1870-2000. (2000).. *Campbell, A., Fishman, N., and McIlroy, J. eds. British Trade Unions and ... Davies, A. J. To Build a New Jerusalem: Labour Movement from the 1890s to the 1990s (1996). ...
Liquefied natural gas
Arya Samaj in Singapore
Hayward Unified School District
a b c d e Eugene Kiely, Medicaid Estate Recovery Program, FactCheck.org, Annenberg Public Policy Center, University of ... "Making Medicaid Work" (PDF). www.policymattersohio.org.. *^ "Pregnant Illegal Aliens Overwhelming Emergency Medicaid". Newsmax. ... Journal of Political Economy. 126 (1): 216-262. doi:10.1086/695528.. *^ Bhatt, Chintan B.; Beck-Sagué, Consuelo M. (April 2018 ... "Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. Retrieved April 12, 2018.. *^ "Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion ...
Webster (village), New York
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: F42 - International Policy Coordination and Transmission. JEL: F43 - Economic Growth of Open Economies. JEL: F47 - ... JEL: N6 - Manufacturing and Construction JEL: N60 - General, International, or Comparative. JEL: N61 - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913. ... JEL: L5 - Regulation and Industrial policy JEL: L50 - Geral. JEL: L51 - Economics of Regulation. JEL: L52 - Industrial Policy; ... JEL: F12 - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies. JEL: F13 - Commercial Policy; Protection; Promotion ...
Complex manufacturing and construction techniques and organizations are needed to make and maintain these new technologies, and ... It has helped develop more advanced economies (including today's global economy) and has allowed the rise of a leisure class. ... "Center for Budget and Policy Priorities. Retrieved November 11, 2016.. *^ a b "It's Not a Skills Gap That's Holding Wages Down ... The first Roman aqueduct was built in 312 BCE. The eleventh and final ancient Roman aqueduct was built in 226 CE. Put ...
The open-source movement created equal opportunities for people all over the world to participate in the global economy. ... "Research Policy. Elsevier B.V. 32: 1259-1285. doi:10.1016/S0048-7333(03)00052-0. Retrieved 6 February 2012.. ... This trademark creates a trusted group that connects all users and developers together. To fully understand the Open Source ... The label "open source" was created and adopted by a group of people in the free-software movement at a strategy session ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
... the same land reforms which made Basu and left parties overnightly popular amongst villagers and other land owners making them ... "How communism killed Bengal's economy". India. Indo-Asian News Service. 19 March 2018. Archived from the original on 10 July ... activity in a state that had all its opportunities and resources drained with uncalled for pushing down the socialist policies ... he provided the leadership along with his colleagues in the Politburo to make a reappraisal of the experience of building ...
Economy class. Euro Traveller is British Airways' economy class cabin on all short-haul flights within Europe, including ... Hayward, Keith (1983). Government and British civil aerospace: a case study in post-war technology policy. Manchester ... Go was sold to its management and the private equity firm 3i in June 2001. Eddington would make further workforce cuts due ... World Traveller Plus is the premium economy class cabin provided on all BA long haul aircraft. This cabin offers wider ...
List of rivers of Virginia
... and condominiums to adopt a smoking policy into all leases. These codes oblige landlords to create provisions telling tenants ... The legislation was cited as an example of good regulation which has had a favourable impact on the UK economy by the ... The first building in the world to ban smoking was the Old Government Building in Wellington, New Zealand in 1876. The ban ... Journal of Policy Analysis and Management. 30 (1): 6-28. doi:10.1002/pam.20548. PMID 21465828. S2CID 7182716.. ...
... internationalist foreign policy and a pro-union, liberal domestic policy. He was the group's president until it transformed ... a b Gary Dorrien, The Making of American Liberal Theology: Idealism, Realism, and Modernity 1900-1950 (2003) ... The Making of American Liberal Theology: Idealism, Realism, and Modernity 1900-1950 (2003) excerpt and text search ... "Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible; but man's inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary." Niebuhr's ...
Building inclusive economies: My speech at Michigan's Mackinac Policy Conference
Building inclusive economies: My speech at Michigans Mackinac Policy Conference. Amy Liu Monday, June 26, 2017. ... Recently, I gave a keynote speech at the Mackinac Policy Conference on how to create inclusive economies in a disruptive era. ... Building an inclusive economy is not just the responsibility of employers and economic development professionals: leaders in ... How can city and regional leaders deepen and accelerate existing efforts to create inclusive economies in a disruptive age? As ...
Low-Carbon Policies Create Jobs and Spur a Healthy Economy
Further, some critics say green policies are a drag on the economy, leaving blue-collar workers ... By Kristen Kleiman A popular talking point for many years linked low-carbon policies to job loss. ... Low-Carbon Policies Create Jobs and Spur a Healthy Economy. Words by 3p Contributor. ... An economy based on low-carbon energy should be seen as progress: It creates jobs that cant be outsourced, stimulates new ...
The Outlook for the Economy and Monetary Policy: Low-Frequency Policymaking in a High-Frequency World
Congress has wisely given the Fed independence in making monetary policy decisions in pursuit of our statutory goals of price ... But to preserve that independence, the central bank must be held accountable for its policy decisions. And a key component of ... because a body of research and practical experience both here and abroad show that when central banks formulate monetary policy ... their outlook for the economy, and the rationale for their decisions. ...
The economy has made great strides since the recession, but some weakness lingers | Economic Policy Institute
The economy has made great strides since the recession, but some weakness lingers ... Policy Agenda. Policy choices have tilted the playing field toward the rich and corporations. Heres how to tilt it back. ... This can be attributed to the shift in federal policy from austerity to stimulus in the form of both tax cuts and a nearly $300 ... These measures tell a consistent story-an economy on its way to full employment, but not there yet. Taking a data-driven ...
Building a Strong Economy: The Roles of Education, Transportation, and Tax Policy - MassBudget
Building a Strong Economy:. The Roles of Education, Transportation, and Tax Policy. By Phineas Baxandall, Colin Jones, and Kurt ... Better Education Can Build a Stronger Economic Future. The economic benefits of education to society at large are driven ... Options for Making a Difference. A growing body of research provides useful guidance on which education investments, under ... Policy makers and business leaders often express concern about whether Massachusetts is an attractive place for young adults to ...
Breaking down silos is the first step towards fruitful policy making / Inclusive Economy Africa / Blogs - The Broker
In order to make policies sustainable, such a balance should be sought more forcefully. This entails engaging the private ... Current policy making in international development lacks the right balance between economic, environmental and social benefits ... policy policy making public policy development policy migration migration policy international development economic growth ... Blogs » Inclusive Economy Africa » Breaking down silos is the first step towards fruitful policy making ...
Simpson: "It Makes No Sense to Go Back to Policies that Crashed the Whole World's Economy"
It makes no sense to go back to policies that crashed the whole worlds economy…the whole Worlds! Especially when our economy ... Simpson: "It Makes No Sense to Go Back to Policies that Crashed the Whole Worlds Economy". October 21, 2012. By A Dagger ... And by the way, I agree that "it makes no sense to go back to policies that crashed the whole worlds economy." Thats why ... When I was a kid I used to love to build elaborate houses made of cards. I actually got pretty good at building them. It would ...
Creating an Enabling Environment for the Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) through Public Policies in Durban, South Africa
... ... An enabling environment for the social and solidarity economy (SSE) largely depends on policy co-construction with stakeholders ... an exemplar for creating an enabling environment for the SSE to flourish through the co-construction process of policy making ... From : Guidelines for Local Governments on Policies for Social and Solidarity Economy, UNRISD ...
New Staff-Cut Policies Can Make Workers Miss Old Euphemisms - WSJ
Is the Economy Ready? * Who Has More of Your Personal Data Than Facebook? Try Google ... We define a layoff as when a company makes a decision to reduce head count or eliminate certain positions either for economic ... Why announce layoffs, attract bad publicity to your company and create doubts about your business acumen, when you can raise ... But a growing number of nonunionized businesses, like Wilson Sonsini, are using performance as the justification to make big ...
Working hard to make Indiana look bad: The tortured, uphill case for 'right-to-work' | Economic Policy Institute
... "new economy" employers, using 26 separate factors to measure state economies. Not one of ALECs policies is included on this ... Instead, all that matters is manufacturing GDP, or the value of sales created by the states manufacturing industries, OCPA ... Does Right-to-Work Create Jobs: Answers from Oklahoma. Economic Policy Institute Briefing Paper #300. Washington, D.C.: EPI. ... Economic Policy Institute Policy Memorandum #174. Washington, D.C.: EPI.. Laffer, Arthur B., Stephen Moore, and Jonathan ...
Imran Khan Mustn't Let Trump Make Pakistan a Scapegoat - Foreign Policy
As the Global Economy Melts Down, Human Trafficking Is Booming. Desperate families face risky job offers, dubious loans, and ... Argument: Imran Khan Mustnt Let Trump Make Pakistan a Scapegoat Imran Khan Mustnt Let Trump Make Pakistan... ... But the recent U.S. identification of China as a strategic threat at a policy level places Pakistan in a zero-sum game, lodged ... As the Global Economy Melts Down, Human Trafficking Is Booming. August 10, 2020, 9:56 AM. ...
Ebook Asia And Policymaking For The Global Economy 2011
Your & will share creating on important accounts, using the ebook asia and policymaking for the global economy of the ... not a ebook asia and policymaking for the global economy 2011 while we keep you in to your premajor actin. then of s Browse ... Newsletter nro 42] The ebook asia and policymaking for the global economy and very programming Malaysian not is safe entrance ... environmentally pathways will make focused to introduce the ebook asia and policymaking for an scan of revolving current ...
Why the U.S. Government's Role in the Economy Could Grow
Is Industrial Policy Making a Comeback?. The COVID-19 pandemic and the rise of China have prompted renewed debate about the ... However, among advanced economies, the United States has historically been "the most averse to using industrial policies in any ... In recent years, Beijing has embraced an aggressive industrial policy in the form of its Made in China 2025 strategy, which ... Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich makes the case for a U.S. industrial policy in this influential 1982 Harvard Business ...
Turkey Has Made a Quagmire for Itself in Syria - Foreign Policy
Everyone Thinks the Economy Is Issue No. 1 for Indias Modi. Its Not.. September 21, 2019, 6:00 AM. ... Create a Foreign Policy account to access 1 article per month and free newsletters developed by policy experts ... Turkey Has Made a Quagmire for Itself in Syria. This page is only accessible by Foreign Policy Premium subscribers. ... Dispatch: Turkey Has Made a Quagmire for Itself in Syria Turkey Has Made a Quagmire for Itself in S... ...
Natural resource management blogs | International Institute for Environment and Development
Environment or the economy? How Uganda uses natural capital accounts in policymaking. Rosalind Goodrich 9 January 2019 When ... Rosalind Goodrich reflects on what it takes to make this approach a fixture in government policy and process ... Making natural capital accounting an institution in Uganda. Rosalind Goodrich 11 December 2020 After joining a workshop to hear ... As coronavirus takes its toll on Africas oil and gas-reliant economies, Dr Fatima Denton asks if recovery could herald an era ...
Latest Documents - OECD
Policies for making the Chilean labour market more inclusive The paper discusses a number of policies that could help to make ... OECD Home EconomyLabour markets, human capital and inequalityLatest Documents Latest Documents. ... Dividing the pie in Brazil: income distribution, social policies and the new middle class Brazil has made remarkable progress ... Labour market policies to promote growth and social cohesion in Korea Labour market reform to improve growth prospects and ...
Tornado, virus, protests rattle Nashville rideshare economy - Washington Times
EU Policy Lab | A vision for the EU "Sharing Economy"
Exploring the future to inform todays policy-making. The so called sharing economy has grown considerably in recent years. ... The EU Policy Lab team will explore possible trajectories of the sharing economy towards 2030 and their socio-economic ... EU Policy Lab by JRC ¦ Joint Research Center ¦ European Commission is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike ... Understanding the sharing economy and its possible futures. The project will support the development of a common European ...
Poverty & Wealth
The Making of Ferguson: How Decades of Hostile Policy Created a Powder Keg. Richard Rothstein Oct 13, 2014 Long before the ... How the American South Drives the Low-Wage Economy. Harold Meyerson Jul 06, 2015 Just as in the 1850s (with the Dred Scott ... Has Child Care Policy Finally Come of Age?. Andrea Louise Campbell May 22, 2015 The Democrats may now be turning to a long- ... What We Talk About When We Talk About the Gig Economy. Gabriel Thompson Jul 28, 2017 Researchers confront unanswered questions ...
Recycling industry can boost the European economy - European Environment Agency
The report considers the recycling industry in the context of building a green economy, a major European policy objective. ... creating jobs and encouraging business opportunities and innovation. These economic benefits of recycling are examined in a new ... Recycling has multiple benefits for many areas of the economy - providing raw materials, ... The report considers the recycling industry in the context of building a green economy, a major European policy objective. ...
Sustainability In Africa: How Rwanda's Young Innovators Are Building A Circular Economy
... but it is aiming to become a a pioneer of the circular economy. Leading the transition is a generation of young Rwandans for ... "Building policies; creating awareness; building platforms where people can also get that information: its all vital," Muhoza ... But Mujawamariya says the choice between the public health and the economy was an easy one to make. "Of course, such sacrifices ... "What were doing is on one side promoting the circular economy, but were also contributing to green growth by creating green ...
Redefining Green Jobs for a Sustainable Economy
The movement toward a Green New Deal policy platform has become the predominant idea for addressing climate change. It would ... and intentional policy making, to ensure that these standard green jobs are as high-paying as jobs in the extractive economy. ... A Program to Create Good Jobs and Start Building a Low-Carbon Economy," Political Economy Research Institute, September 2008, ... Innovative State Manufacturing Policies in the Great Lakes Region. June 23, 2020. - By Amanda Novello and Christopher Ibeling ...
2015 Archives, Donald Lambro | uexpress
Poverty Remains High Because of Anti-Growth Policies. May 14, 2015 In Midst of Weak Economy, Democrats Push Back on Trade Deal ... Obamas Foreign Policy Has Made the World More Dangerous. May 21, 2015 ... U.S. Economy Still in Intensive Care. December 17, 2015 Cutting Through the Bombast, Its Experience That Matters. December 15 ... The Economy and Immigration Are Campaigns Premier Issues. November 12, 2015 New Unemployment Figures Are Not What They Seem. ...
Fiscal Policy in a Depressed Economy
... fiscal policy has the stabilization policy mission that others have convincingly argued it lacks in normal times. Whereas many ... Although nothing in our analysis calls into question the importance of sustainable fiscal policies, it strongly suggests the ... that expansionary fiscal policy is likely to be self-financing. Even if it is not, it is highly likely to pass the sensible ... where the central bank cannot or will not but in any event does not perform its full role in stabilization policy, ...
The Best and Worst News in Health Policy: 2012
Commentary Economy & Jobs. Racial Equity and Advancing the Future of Manufacturing. June 23, 2020. - By Andrew Stettner, Amanda ... Innovative State Manufacturing Policies in the Great Lakes Region. June 23, 2020. By Amanda Novello and Christopher Ibeling ... Innovative State Manufacturing Policies in the Great Lakes Region. June 23, 2020. - By Amanda Novello and Christopher Ibeling ... The Economy Needs More than Wishful Thinking. July 2, 2020. - By Jeff Madrick, Andrew Stettner and Ellie Kaverman ...
Labour government, 1974-1979 - Wikipedia
Braun, Ms Anne Romanis (15 September 1986). Wage Determination and Incomes Policy in Open Economies. International Monetary ... "From Social Contract to Social Contrick: The Depoliticisation of Economic Policy-Making under Harold Wilson, 1974-751." ... In housing policy, a shift of emphasis in housing policy towards rehabilitation was evident in the further increase in the ... James, Simon (11 March 2002). British Government: A Reader in Policy Making. Routledge. ISBN 9781134829828. "Benefits (Hansard ...
Partisan Politics, Divided Government, and the Economy - Cambridge University Press
United States--Economic policy--Decision making. *Representative government and representation--United States--History--20th ... This book develops an integrated approach to understanding the American economy and national elections. Economic policy is ... Partisan Politics, Divided Government, and the Economy. Series: Political Economy of Institutions and Decisions. Alberto ... and the economy; 9. Economic growth and national elections in the United States: 1915-88; 10. Partisan economic policy and ...
Latest Documents - OECD
The political economy of climate change mitigation policies: how to build a constituency to address global warming? ... Japans New Growth Strategy to create demand and jobs The New Growth Strategy aims to create demand and jobs through regulatory ... UNITED KINGDOM: Climate-change policy The United Kingdom is likely to reduce emissions by more than its near-term domestic ... This paper analyses a number of potential reasons for these low investment rates and discusses policy options to achieve faster ...
Employment & the Economy | Page 8 | migrationpolicy.org
... the role of immigration policymaking as a lever of competitiveness, immigrant employment by sector and skill, and the fiscal ... immigrants play a role in the labor markets and economies of the countries in which they settle. The research collected here ... In Kuwait and other Gulf Cooperation Council countries, migrants make up a significant share of the private-sector workforce. ... and what immigration and workforce policy changes could help maximize their contributions to the U.S. economy. ...
GOP Plan to Torpedo Economy With Sequester Could Backfire in 2014 | Alternet
... they can build momentum for a Big Flush of the GOP. It appears increasingly likely that congressional Republicans will allow ... The Fed Is on the Verge of Making a Major Policy Error. ... Then they will be poised to make still more noise when the cuts ... But the far-rightward lurch of the GOP has created an opportunity to make the 2014 elections a dramatic exception to the usual ... GOP Plan to Torpedo Economy With Sequester Could Backfire in 2014. If progressives are vocal about the dire impact of spending ...
20172018Monetary2019SustainabilityWorld's2020Market economiesCircular201620302021FlowsMakersActorsGrowthSectorsEnvironmental policyExpansionary fiscalCountry'sOutlookReformsRecessionDeflationSolidarity EconomyBarriersRecyclablesSocialExaminesEmissionsBriefsResearchPandemicUncertaintyAfricaLabourToday'sPoliticalOutcomesObama'sInnovationFannie and FreddieSouth KoreaEurope'sPracticeGovernanceRenewable energyShiftsStrongerFiscalElectionsGreen economyCutsGlobalBroaderSustainable economyEnvironmentCoherentGovernmentWorkRebalanceCountriesTransitionFrameworkRoadmapNational climate policiesProducesDiscussesWealthCongressCrisisOrganizationsContent
- Det er utarbeidet flystøysonekart for Sandefjord lufthavn, Torp, etter Miljøverndepartementets retningslinje T-1442/2016 og Forurensningsforskriften basert på registrert trafikk i 2017 og for en prognose for 2028. (bibsys.no)
- Address by Mr Rameswurlall Basant Roi , Governor of the Bank of Mauritius, at the annual dinner for major economic stakeholders, Flic-en-Flac, 17 November 2017. (bis.org)
- Yesterday, I provided a fairly broad overview of the first 11 months of 2018 including context since the last business cycle peak before the Great Recession (2007) and the last time the U.S. economy was at full employment (2000). (epi.org)
- European Aluminium's 2018 achievements and 2019 priorities when it comes to trade, circular economy, energy and climate, sustainability and innovation. (euractiv.com)
- Congress has wisely given the Fed independence in making monetary policy decisions in pursuit of our statutory goals of price stability and maximum employment. (repec.org)
- I say \\'wisely\\' because a body of research and practical experience both here and abroad show that when central banks formulate monetary policy free from short-run political interference, the policy is more effective and yields better economic outcomes. (repec.org)
- The Outlook for the Economy and Monetary Policy: Low-Frequency Policymaking in a High-Frequency World ," Speech 69, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. (repec.org)
- In a depressed economy, with short-term nominal interest rates at their zero lower bound, ample cyclical unemployment, and excess capacity, increased government purchases would be neither offset by the monetary authority raising interest rates nor neutralized by supply-side bottlenecks. (brookings.edu)
- He analyzes the economic impact of government spending policies and monetary policy response. (wikipedia.org)
- One of the most important features of the environmental accounts is their capacity to organise and present coherently information in both physical terms (often for the environment) and monetary terms (often for the economy). (europa.eu)
- This evening, I have chosen to give a very broad brush stroke of monetary and exchange rate policies as they have evolved in Mauritius and of the financial sector reforms and regulatory and supervisory reforms undertaken by the Bank over the years. (bis.org)
- Against a backdrop of high unemployment rates and widespread poverty, the overriding need for leading the Mauritian economy into a self-sustained growth path had set the agenda for monetary, exchange rate and fiscal policies quite soon after independence. (bis.org)
- The Bank's ability to pursue an independent monetary policy was thus severely constrained. (bis.org)
- With an expansionary monetary policy stance combined with an expansionary fiscal policy stance, began an eventful chronicle of macro-economic policy making in Mauritius. (bis.org)
- The rise, and absorption into the mainstream of Keynesian economics , which appeared to provide a more coherent policy response to unemployment than unorthodox monetary or trade policies contributed to the decline of interest in these schools. (wikipedia.org)
- After 1945, the neoclassical synthesis of Keynesian and neoclassical economics resulted in a clearly defined mainstream position based on a division of the field into microeconomics (generally neoclassical but with a newly developed theory of market failure ) and macroeconomics (divided between Keynesian and monetarist views on such issues as the role of monetary policy). (wikipedia.org)
- The plan is part of newly installed Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's effort to get the country's economy back on track with a combination of increased government spending and monetary easing. (cnn.com)
- Abe said Friday that "beating deflation and curbing the yen's appreciation is crucially important" and that a "daring monetary policy is essential. (cnn.com)
- A look at the 2019 Summer Policy Boot Camp. (hoover.org)
- Social policies, which only repair damage emerging from other sectors, do not support sustainability. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- If I said I had had training in the circular economy or sustainability, that would be a lie. (forbes.com)
- Implementing policy for sustainability requires a definition of green jobs that is based on a sustainability framework, which includes good-paying jobs that contribute to the process of achieving environmental, social, and economic sustainability. (tcf.org)
- It aims at designing and piloting online platforms that create awareness of sustainability problems and offer collaborative solutions. (europa.eu)
- Phosphorus Recovery, Sustainability and the Circular Economy. (ostara.com)
- aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Nuclear Governance, Ecology, Economy and Sustainability. (waset.org)
- Also, high quality research contributions describing original and unpublished results of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work in all areas of Nuclear Governance, Ecology, Economy and Sustainability are cordially invited for presentation at the conference. (waset.org)
- ICNGEES 2020 has teamed up with the Special Journal Issue on Nuclear Governance, Ecology, Economy and Sustainability . (waset.org)
- China, already the world's largest economy by PPP for a few years now, may soon become the world's largest economy even in exchange rate terms. (lifeboat.com)
- It presents three innovative strategies for public and private sector leaders to enable greater digital inclusion for the world's economies and societies. (apo.org.au)
- Japanese voters handed the Liberal Democratic Party and its allies an overwhelming victory in December elections, clearing the way for Abe to return as prime minister and pursue new stimulus measures to revive the world's third biggest economy. (cnn.com)
- In opening remarks, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs Liu Zhenmin reminded delegates of the commitments made at the 1995 World Summit for Social Development, which positioned social progress as vital to creating opportunities for the world's poor. (un.org)
- AP) - After driving for Lyft for six years, Joni Bicknese decided to invest in a minivan at the beginning of 2020, reasoning that she could make more money if she could transport more riders. (washingtontimes.com)
- The U.S. economy may shrink as much as 40% in the first semester of 2020. (lifeboat.com)
- RICS and the American Real Estate Society present COBRA at ARES 2020, a track dedicated to construction, building and infrastructure research. (rics.org)
- For the 2020 edition of COBRA, RICS is proud to partner with ARES to advance research and collaboration across disciplines and sectors of the built environment. (rics.org)
- In July, the European Investment Bank (EIB) published a draft of its proposed new lending policy for energy projects, which includes extra money for poorer EU countries, greater focus on renewables and phasing-out support for fossil fuel infrastructure after 2020. (euractiv.com)
- Emerging market economies (EME) are significant actors in the global economic system. (ucc.ie)
- In Econ 101, students learn that market economies allocate scarce resources based on the forces of supply and demand. (nytimes.com)
- Relative to last year, the outlook for advanced economies is improving, while growth in emerging market and developing economies is projected to be lower, primarily reflecting weaker prospects for some large emerging market economies and oil-exporting countries. (imf.org)
- Growth is projected to be stronger in 2015 relative to 2014 in advanced economies, but weaker in emerging markets, reflecting more subdued prospects for some large emerging market economies and oil exporters. (imf.org)
- What we're doing is on one side promoting the circular economy, but we're also contributing to green growth by creating green products and green jobs. (forbes.com)
- Nowadays people seem really interested in protecting the environment, but they're not that interested in waste and the circular economy, in general, is still a new concept," she says. (forbes.com)
- I think the concept of the green, circular economy is being talked about everywhere, and perhaps it's being adopted-but in Rwanda we're making policies which help businesses that are bringing together green ideas," says Muhoza, who studied business management with the long-distance Kepler program run by Southern New Hampshire University in the U.S. (forbes.com)
- Not everyone yet knows what the circular economy is, so you need to get everyone on board. (forbes.com)
- The European Green Deal presents an opportunity to manage the ecological transition with a new circular economy action plan and an industrial strategy which enables the green and digital transformation. (euractiv.com)
- Resource scarcity is the driver behind the circular economy. (springer.com)
- In this paper, we present the creation of the Energy & Raw Materials Factory (ERMF) of the Dutch Water Authorities, also known as the Resource Factory, as one of the solutions to this global challenge of water in the circular economy. (springer.com)
- Experiences in the Netherlands show that the concept of the ERMF is viable and adds to the creation of a circular economy. (springer.com)
- The importance of the Circular Economy is caused by the continuous increase of the world population. (springer.com)
- 2013 ). This puts water where it belongs: in the broader context of the circular economy. (springer.com)
- According to a December 2016 report by the Solar Foundation , the installation sector accounts for 57 percent of all solar-sector jobs, and manufacturing makes up less than 15 percent. (triplepundit.com)
- WASHINGTON, D.C. (May 11, 2016) - A new policy roadmap from World Resources Institute, Accelerating Building Efficiency: Eight Actions for Urban Leaders, shows how city-level leaders worldwide can overcome barriers to improving building efficiency and reduce energy demand through policy and market action. (wri.org)
- The EU Policy Lab team will explore possible trajectories of the 'sharing economy' towards 2030 and their socio-economic implications. (europa.eu)
- To explore the future of the 'sharing economy' in a systemic, open and imaginative way, four possible future scenarios for 2030 will be developed. (europa.eu)
- This WRI analysis finds that renewable energy supplies are set to double collectively in eight major economies by 2030 spurred on by new national climate and energy plans. (wri.org)
- By 2030, global greenhouse gas emissions could be reduced by up to an additional 2.2 Gigatonne CO2 a year compared to what would be achieved through current national policies if individual commitments from nearly 8,000 non-state actors are fully implemented, a new report published today (30 August) shows. (euractiv.com)
- The ILO's latest World Employment and Social Outlook 2021 report underlines the need for international policy dialogue and regulatory cooperation in order to provide decent work opportunities and foster sustainable businesses. (ilo.org)
- Notable papers will also be considered for the World Built Environment Forum Research Prize, worth US$5,000 comprising: US$2,500 in cash and participation at the 2021 World Built Environment Forum Summit. (rics.org)
- The EU's next multi-annual budget (2021-2027) should dedicate 40% of spending to the low-carbon economy and high-quality jobs, said Rudy de Leeuw, a delegate at the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), an EU advisory body. (euractiv.com)
- A key focus of measurement is the use of physical units to record flows of materials and energy that enter and leave the economy and flows of materials and energy within the economy itself. (europa.eu)
- The measurement of physical flows is structured around the flows of natural inputs from the environment to the economy, flows of products within the economy and flows from the economy to the environment i.e., residuals. (europa.eu)
- Determining whether and how to raise revenue for these long term investments is a critical challenge for state policy makers. (massbudget.org)
- A trusted advisor to policy makers, he has testified before Congress on the economic outlook, the nation's fiscal challenges, fiscal stimulus and financial regulatory reform. (wikipedia.org)
- Policy makers can use this information to decide where it is most efficient to act. (europa.eu)
- Through the scenario analysis, the report also provides recommendations for policy makers to develop sustainable low-carbon water supply strategies and optimize the allocation of various types of water sources. (wri.org)
- To address global warming, policy makers must find bipartisan solutions that substantially reduce heat-trapping emissions. (ucsusa.org)
- We have strong national and international links with child welfare academics, policy makers, practitioners and service users. (bristol.ac.uk)
- This information will be used by government policy makers, particularly Commonwealth and State governments, to assess the effectiveness of their policies and programs, as well as by private sector analysts. (abs.gov.au)
- Watsonville, Shasta, and San Diego partnered with behavioral cision makers' buy-in for implementing systems change and to- health agencies to build coalitions. (cdc.gov)
- Yet if we are to meaningfully achieve inclusive economies, these actors and systems must align and coordinate, which is something we are beginning to see happen in cities. (brookings.edu)
- Policy actors in the development arena need to understand and engage with critical sectors. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- Under the umbrella of Capacity Building in Support of Security and Development (CBSD), the EU seeks to address this funding gap and enable the financing of training, equipment and infrastructure to military actors. (die-gdi.de)
- This opens the discussion on how these new actors interrelate within their governments under a political scope and contribute to design Outward Investment Policies. (ucc.ie)
- Inclusive economies, as I defined them, are ones that maximize the participation of people, places, and businesses in economic growth, enabling people to be creators of opportunity, not just beneficiaries of growth. (brookings.edu)
- We need to identify knowledge brokers and mediators who can operate across sectors, build relationships and negotiate holistic policies to ensure the inclusive growth of all sectors. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- The paper discusses a number of policies that could help to make the Chilean labour market more inclusive and broaden the benefits of growth. (oecd.org)
- This reduction is explained by strong growth but also by effective social policies. (oecd.org)
- Sustaining output growth requires policies to mitigate the impact of rapid population ageing by increasing labour inputs from under-employed segments of the population. (oecd.org)
- The growth of recycling is being driven by increasing demand for recyclables, as booming Asian economies help to push up the price of materials. (europa.eu)
- The New Growth Strategy aims to create demand and jobs through regulatory reform and fiscal measures. (oecd.org)
- Is the Indian Economy Poised for a New Phase of Growth? (upenn.edu)
- Those and other structural changes would prepare the economy for sustained growth over the long term, according to Viral Acharya, the recently-appointed deputy governor at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), who was formerly a professor of economics at New York University's Stern School of Business. (upenn.edu)
- According to Acharya, it is critical to realize that the Indian economy has "many different drivers of growth" such as private consumption, agricultural output, state-generated output and manufacturing. (upenn.edu)
- The pandemic has, indeed, exposed serious fault lines in our economies, creating a space for imagining new economic growth models and development strategies. (ipsnews.net)
- Integrating environment-related data with the national accounts framework makes the resulting indicators more consistent among themselves and permits aligning also with the social aspects of sustainable development and the employment aspects of green growth. (europa.eu)
- The pressing need for creating conditions conducive to sustained growth required financing at rates of interest affordable to risk takers, more so in an economy with a plethora of drawbacks and deficiencies, including investors having limited commercial skills. (bis.org)
- The literature has addressed the importance of EME's economic growth based on inward investment and export-oriented policies, where the economic criteria have prevailed over political aspects in the policy design. (ucc.ie)
- MITI and the Japanese Miracle , by Chalmers Johnson, presents an illuminating history of Japanese industrial policy, beginning with the creation of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in 1925 and continuing through the postwar period when the Ministry of International Trade and Industry became central to Japan's remarkable growth. (nybooks.com)
- Skidelsky suggests the high global growth during the golden age was especially impressive as during that period Japan was the only major Asian economy enjoying high growth (Taiwan and South Korea at the time being small economies). (wikipedia.org)
- With a boom of these new start up social enterprises, an increasing consensus that mutual models can rebalance our economy and deliver inclusive growth, and the never-more urgent need of the social enterprise model across the world, SEUK's new membership model will strengthen the collective voice of the sector, build the research base and support a bigger mandate for social and economic change. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- We are the largest network of certified social enterprises in the UK and the leading global authority on social enterprise business models and the policy environments which help deliver inclusive growth. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- Battered by weak exports and an economy in recession, Japan unveiled a $117 billion fiscal stimulus package Friday in a bid to boost growth. (cnn.com)
- But the underlying frustrations stems from failed economic policies that have slowed productivity growth and hurt entrepreneurialism. (csmonitor.com)
- Put this together and you get an economy more focused on making "tools" than on using them, even though using more and better tools is the main source of productivity growth. (csmonitor.com)
- Global growth in 2014 was a modest 3.4 percent, reflecting a pickup in growth in advanced economies relative to the previous year and a slowdown in emerging market and developing economies. (imf.org)
- This paper seeks to explore the key factors for growth in natural resource-driven countries under a knowledge economy perspective, providing new evidence that corroborates how a development path based on NR is plausible when some conditions are present. (elsevier.es)
- It behoves us to look more carefully at the dynamics between economic, environmental and social policies in order to avoid inordinately crafting policies in any of these sectors that negatively affects one of the other sectors. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- The impact would be this large not only because greening the economy will be labor intensive across all sectors, but also because a green jobs guarantee would be required in order to ensure that all workers would be supported throughout this green transition. (tcf.org)
- Emissions Compliances and Carbon Prices under the EU ETS: A Country Specific Analysis of Industrial Sectors ," Journal of Policy Modeling , Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 446-462, May. (repec.org)
- For instance, they shed light on the amount of pollution produced by industries and households and allow a comparison with the employment and value of output produced by these sectors, or with the expenditure made by these sectors to avoid pollution. (europa.eu)
- In the early years of the 1970s, selective credit controls by economic sectors were introduced for channeling funds to priority economic sectors with limits set on the overall bank credit expansion with a view to containing the surge in aggregate demand in the economy. (bis.org)
- The transition to a climate neutral economy will have a massive impact on all sectors and their workforce. (euractiv.com)
- Do international investment treaties put a 'chill' on environmental policy? (iied.org)
- A key topic in his research is the interaction of political institutions and economic interests in the European system of multi-level governance, particularly in the areas of environmental policy and social policy. (utwente.nl)
- His latest project is on regulatory competition and decision-making in the field of environmental policy after the 2004 enlargement of the European Union. (utwente.nl)
- The integration of services and manufacturing through push and pull-effects, and the environmental policy transmission effect from manufacturing to services, generally do not seem to have a positive impact on the diffusion of environmental innovations. (repec.org)
- In every situation, good environmental policy is identical to good economic policy. (ostara.com)
- Then even a small amount of hysteresis-even a small shadow cast on future potential output by the cyclical downturn-means, by simple arithmetic, that expansionary fiscal policy is likely to be self-financing. (brookings.edu)
- Will the decisions executives make today weaken the country's future economy? (industryweek.com)
- And a key component of that accountability involves policymakers providing information to the public on their evaluation of economic conditions, their outlook for the economy, and the rationale for their decisions. (repec.org)
- He publishes his outlook for the economy monthly, produces research on key topics and conducts regular briefings for clients, businesses, corporate boards and trade associations. (wikipedia.org)
- Acharya and Desai discussed the outlook for the Indian economy and its stock markets on the Behind the Markets show on Wharton Business Radio on SiriusXM channel 111 . (upenn.edu)
- The chapter takes a region-by-region look at the recent development in the world economy and the outlook for 2015, with particular attention to notable development in countries within each region. (imf.org)
- As Indiana works to rebuild its economy following the Great Recession, some advocates are promoting the idea that the state's future hinges on adoption of a so-called "right-to-work" (RTW) law. (epi.org)
- Better to Embrace them and Adjust A Better Economy Under Trump Seems Unlikely The Financial Crisis: Lessons for the Next One A General Theory of G-Fees Time for the Government to Reduce its Role in the Mortgage Business Gas Prices and the Economy Reforming Fannie and Freddie How the Great Recession Was Brought to an End Policymaking Through a Panic Where are the Regulators? (wikipedia.org)
- The LDP leader has called for "unlimited" purchases of government bonds, and a doubling of the Bank of Japan's inflation target to 2%, to haul the economy out of recession. (cnn.com)
- An enabling environment for the social and solidarity economy (SSE) largely depends on policy co-construction with stakeholders, and their commitment to implement policy across all levels of government, especially at the local level. (socioeco.org)
- Of 54 nations examined by my organization, the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, in our Global Innovation Policy Index , Brazil had the highest tariff on manufactured products and the third highest level of nontariff barriers to trade. (csmonitor.com)
- That definition is intended to make it so that up to 1,000 tons of recyclables can be collected and recycled by certified recyclers, who are different from franchise haulers . (theselc.org)
- The immediate gains of education benefit the kids themselves: learning key academic concepts, developing social skills, building self-confidence, and establishing positive relationships with peers and mentors. (massbudget.org)
- Current policy making in international development lacks the right balance between economic, environmental and social benefits. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- The environment is not just increasingly compromised by economic activities, social policies are also part of the problem. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- Social policies are often not geared to facilitate and maintain wellbeing and a healthy lifestyle. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- Examples of include policies for welfare, social protection, and employee rehabilitation. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- Because of the economic, social and environment silos that exist in the many policy-making processes, these negative effects have not been adequately addressed. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- Governments should ensure that policymaking processes pay attention not only to issues within each sector, but also address any potential social repercussions (health in all policies). (thebrokeronline.eu)
- The economic, social and environmental benefits of recycling highlight the need to shift to a green economy in order to generate prosperity while maintaining a healthy environment and social equity for current and future generations. (europa.eu)
- The judicial philosophy reflected in this decision could have serious implications for Medicaid and other social policy efforts for decades to come . (tcf.org)
- IMF negotiators insisted on deep cuts in public expenditure, greatly affecting economic and social policy. (wikipedia.org)
- At Twente, Dr. Warntjen is teaching courses on European political integration and policy-making, international relations, international organizations, EU foreign policy, the analysis of international negotiations and social science research methodology (including both quantitative and qualitative methods). (utwente.nl)
- Political economy research within COVID-19 recovery plans could highlight how social inclusion interacts with the dynamics associated with national institutional frameworks. (ipsnews.net)
- As such, research on social inclusion with a focus on home-grown approaches to poverty eradication actions and social well-being must look beyond 'easy solutions' or 'quick fixes' based on narrowly defined policy assumptions. (ipsnews.net)
- The clear presentation and multi-method approach make the findings broadly accessible in understanding social security reform, an issue of increasing importance around the world. (cambridge.org)
- The World Bank, where I am an executive director, has already identified areas where such cuts can be made: social security, public-sector payrolls, and subsidies and tax exemptions. (project-syndicate.org)
- These tendencies, in combination with an aggressive reform agenda made possible by the extension of the franchise, promised to provide a material base for social progress and individual development. (oup.com)
- Our research examines policy and social work areas that affect us all in day-to-day life, influences and challenges policies implemented by governments and institutions, and investigates the issues, factors and attitudes underlying the social concerns that make the headlines every day. (bristol.ac.uk)
- We particularly welcome applications on topics with direct relevance to national and international social work and policy concerns. (bristol.ac.uk)
- This centre is a hub for research and training in child welfare, family policy, social work and young people's relationships. (bristol.ac.uk)
- Our members have backgrounds in social policy, social work, psychology and sociology. (bristol.ac.uk)
- Through purchasing from them businesses are helping address social inequalities and create a more inclusive economy. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- SEUK will also be enhancing and consolidating its membership offer for larger social enterprises who will now benefit from more exclusive offers, more opportunities to contribute to policy and lobbying work, as well as more practical support. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- We raise awareness through our advocacy and campaigns and build the evidence base for social enterprises through our research. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- We have led public policy for 15 years, helping pass the Social Value Act, and act as a strategic partner to governments from across the political spectrum. (socialenterprise.org.uk)
- Policies must be created and implemented that fully promote their social inclusion. (un.org)
- It also examines the effects of tax policies that could fund these investments. (massbudget.org)
- Earnings, jobs and innovation: the role of recycling in a green economy This short report explains the role of recycling in the green economy and examines the evidence of its contribution in Europe, focusing primarily on the economic benefits that recycling offers. (europa.eu)
- The research collected here examines how immigrants fare in the labor market, whether they are affected differently than native-born workers during cycles of boom and bust, the role of immigration policymaking as a lever of competitiveness, immigrant employment by sector and skill, and the fiscal impacts of immigration. (migrationpolicy.org)
- His research sits at the intersection of International Political Economy, British Politics and EU studies and examines the political economy of post-crisis capitalism. (palgrave.com)
- The report, entitled ' Earnings, jobs and innovation: the role of recycling in a green economy ' shows that recycling has numerous environmental benefits including diverting waste away from landfill, thereby avoiding pollutant emissions. (europa.eu)
- What is the effect of economic policy measures, such as an environmental tax on the generation of waste or air emissions? (europa.eu)
- Several states and regions have already established climate policies aimed at curbing global emissions, notably in California and the Northeast. (ucsusa.org)
- The manufacture of products results in many and varied emissions, depending on the products being manufactured and the processes and chemicals used. (europa.eu)
- Welcome to our complete catalogue of reports and studies (which includes backgrounders, policy briefs, full-length research reports and books). (policyalternatives.ca)
- To complete with the distal e-Privacy memory, we are to make for your research to know the members. (it-mentor.com.ar)
- Policy measures could be protective tariffs or other trade restrictions, direct subsidies or tax credits, public spending on research and development (R&D), or government procurement (goods and services, such as military equipment, that the government buys). (cfr.org)
- Zandi's research interests encompass macroeconomics, financial markets and public policy. (wikipedia.org)
- Before joining the faculty at Twente in 2007 he was a Lecturer in Public Choice and Public Policy at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and taught comparative constitutional analysis at the University of Konstanz, where he also was a member of the Centre for Junior Research Fellows. (utwente.nl)
- In his research, Dr. Warntjen is studying the effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy of decision-making in political systems, focusing on innovative forms of governance. (utwente.nl)
- In the past, he has been a referee for the American Journal of Political Science, British Journal of Political Science, European Journal of Political Research, European Union Politics, International Studies Quarterly, Journal of Contemporary European Research, Journal of Common Market Studies, Journal of European Public Policy, Journal of Theoretical Politics and World Politics as well as Cambridge University Press and Palgrave Macmillan. (utwente.nl)
- Andreas Warntjen's current research focuses on EU policy-making, legislative politics, party politics and regulatory competition. (utwente.nl)
- During the past six months, economic research agendas have clearly shared the view that we are not in this together: our societies are drifting apart, calling for a greater attention on overcoming a deep economic divide created by the crisis. (ipsnews.net)
- New University of Oxford research suggests that investment in climate-friendly policy initiatives could offer the best economic returns coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic. (ipsnews.net)
- Article provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy . (repec.org)
- China intends to advance ambitious climate action, and research shows the country is already making progress. (wri.org)
- The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. (povertyactionlab.org)
- They set their own research agendas, raise funds to support their evaluations, and work with J-PAL staff on research, policy outreach, and training. (povertyactionlab.org)
- Our research, policy, training, and finance and administrative staff support J-PAL's work at our global office at MIT and six regional offices around the world. (povertyactionlab.org)
- J-PAL initiatives concentrate funding and other resources around priority topics for which rigorous policy-relevant research is urgently needed. (povertyactionlab.org)
- COBRA is the RICS research conference dedicated to construction, building and infrastructure. (rics.org)
- COBRA was first held in 1995 and has been held almost every year since, acting as a key event for the presentation and discussion of the latest research in the built environment. (rics.org)
- This research focuses on the less explored field of Outward Investment Policies, which for EME is a recent phenomenon for these kinds of economies. (ucc.ie)
- The School for Policy Studies links theory, policy and practice in a multidisciplinary, research-intensive environment. (bristol.ac.uk)
- Our research engages with and influences national and international policy. (bristol.ac.uk)
- So that we can continue to bring you the latest in policy and research, please donate to APO . (apo.org.au)
- This speech, by ACCC Chair Rod Sims, given to the Consumer Policy Research Conference (CPRC) Conference, suggests that takeovers of smaller rivals by digital platforms, including their data sets, may pose a threat to consumers' choice and privacy. (apo.org.au)
- Scott Lavery is a lecturer in the Department of Politics and Research Fellow at the Sheffield Political Economy Research Institute (SPERI) at the University of Sheffield, UK. (palgrave.com)
- Deaton's research has greatly influenced both practical policymaking and the scientific community. (pbs.org)
- The COVID-19 pandemic and the rise of China have prompted renewed debate about the government's role in shaping the U.S. economy. (cfr.org)
- There is renewed interest in industrial policy amid growing inequality, the COVID-19 pandemic, and the rise of China. (cfr.org)
- As the United States confronts a series of challenges-the COVID-19 pandemic, growing income inequality, climate change, and the rise of China foremost among them-there is renewed debate about the role of industrial policy, or government support for particular industries that are deemed strategically important. (cfr.org)
- President Joe Biden has made clear his desire to transform an economy upended by the pandemic. (cfr.org)
- He says he's making close to what he did before the pandemic but has to drive a lot farther. (washingtontimes.com)
- US President Barack Obama called the Ebola outbreak in West Africa a threat to global security on Tuesday and broadly expanded the US response by ordering thousands of troops to the region along with an aggressive effort to train health care workers and build treatment centres. (lifeboat.com)
- Herman Cohen draws on both the documentary record and his years of on-the-ground experience to provide a uniquely comprehensive survey and interpretation of nearly eight decades of US policy toward Africa. (rienner.com)
- These include expanding childcare, promoting a more flexible labour market and strengthening education and skills policies, among others. (oecd.org)
- New labour-market policy initiatives have been introduced recently, but more will be needed to limit scarring effects and keep youth connected so that they can get back to work as soon as the recovery strengthens. (oecd.org)
- An important component of the platform economy is digital labour platforms which includes both web-based platforms, where work is outsourced through an open call to a geographically dispersed crowd ('crowdwork'), and location-based applications (apps) which allocate work to individuals in a specific geographical area, typically to perform local, service-oriented tasks such as driving, running errands or cleaning houses. (ilo.org)
- Advancing an in-depth analysis of the political economy of New Labour, the Coalition and the period after Brexit, the book argues that deep structural weaknesses have been re-embedded within British capitalism. (palgrave.com)
- It's useful to compare today's economy back to 2000, when the unemployment rate averaged 4.0 percent, and fell below 4.0 percent for five months. (epi.org)
- While digital media make it easier to spread activist messages, today's movements face many of the same problems their forerunners did. (prospect.org)
- The political economy of climate change mitigation policies: how to build a constituency to address global warming? (oecd.org)
- CECE calls on all candidates in the European elections to push for a European Commission mandate that puts Industrial Policy as a priority in their political agenda. (euractiv.com)
- Given the current political situation in Washington, it is unlikely that any broader national climate policies will emerge from Congress in the near-term future - continued and growing public demand for climate action will be essential to enact effective global warming solutions in the years to come. (ucsusa.org)
- This has been underpinned by weak political institutions, creating a lack of consistency and poor political coordination in the construction and shaping of investment policies. (ucc.ie)
- Joseph Henry , an American physicist and first secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, remarked that the "fundamental principle of political economy is that the physical labor of man can only be ameliorated by… the transformation of matter from a crude state to a artificial condition. (wikipedia.org)
- While there had been much radical thought before John Stuart Mill, Joseph Persky argues it was Mill, as he moved to the left, who provided the radical wing of liberalism with its first serious analytical foundation, a political economy of progress that still echoes today. (oup.com)
- The Political Economy of Progress goes on to claim that Mill's radical political economy anticipated more than a little of Marx's analysis of capitalism and laid a foundation for the work of Fabians and other gradualist radicals in the 20th century. (oup.com)
- More recently, modern philosophic radicals, such as Rawls, have deep links to this Millean political economy. (oup.com)
- This book is required reading for students and scholars interested in the fractious political economy of British capitalism after the crisis. (palgrave.com)
- Lavery's book on the flawed political economy of Britain's hybrid variant of capitalism after the 2008 financial crisis is a tour de force. (palgrave.com)
- All students must complete one 3-credit core course in their area of concentration, chosen from the following: POLI 603 (International Relations Theory), POLI 626 (Seminar in Comparative Politics), POLI 632 (Seminar in Political Theory), POLI 636 (Theories of Public Policy and Public Administration), POLI 638 (Seminar in Canadian and Quebec Politics). (concordia.ca)
- Students can write a thesis in the following subfields: Public Policy and Administration, Canadian and Quebec Politics, International Politics, Comparative Politics, and Political Theory (6 credits). (concordia.ca)
- That's a mistake that is presumably going to continue being made by our political leaderships, though one hopes one day it will stop. (wikipedia.org)
- In it, he also made a surprising case against foreign aid, suggesting that political and commercial interests get in the way of helping the poor. (pbs.org)
- These reviews have explained that earlier studies on this question used flawed methods, making them unreliable for capturing the relationship between funding and positive outcomes. (massbudget.org)
- What are the causes and consequences of crime, violence, and conflict and how can policy responses improve outcomes for those affected? (povertyactionlab.org)
- By emphasizing the links between individual consumption decisions and outcomes for the whole economy, his work has helped transform modern microeconomics, macroeconomics and development economics. (pbs.org)
- Especially when our economy has turned around because of Obama's new policies. (daggerpress.com)
- Zandi's analysis of the impact of an economic stimulus package on the United States economy was cited by Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein in their report on President Barack Obama's proposed American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan, which became the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. (wikipedia.org)
- But every sweetheart deal the lame-duck Bush administration makes threatens to hobble Obama's ability to make good on his promise of change. (alternet.org)
- Recycling has multiple benefits for many areas of the economy - providing raw materials, creating jobs and encouraging business opportunities and innovation. (europa.eu)
- The more than 24.000 European standards existing play a fundamental role in making the Single Market work efficiently: they make it easier to sell products and services across Europe and beyond, improve safety, protect consumer, reduce red tape and foster innovation. (euractiv.com)
- Innovation is linked to other EU policies, such as competitiveness, environment, industry and energy. (euractiv.com)
- In addition, taking account for the heterogeneity of the service industries, we analyse whether environmental policies for manufacturing transmit 'induced innovation' effects to services. (repec.org)
Fannie and Freddie1
- Raines made millions while destroying Fannie and Freddie. (daggerpress.com)
- They point to the use of industrial policy not only in China, but also in countries such as Germany, Japan, and South Korea, as well as its historical use in the United States. (cfr.org)
- If you think tracking apps will keep people safe as economies reopen, look to South Korea, Singapore, and Australia to see why you're mistaken. (lifeboat.com)
- In parallel, a series of movements challenging global capitalism have responded with a growing popular resistance to neoliberal policy and practice. (ucc.ie)
- This includes theoretical and empirical studies and evaluations of policy and practice locally, nationally and internationally. (bristol.ac.uk)
- Members have a long history of researching violence against women and gender-based violence in different contexts, including theoretical and empirical studies and evaluations of policy and practice locally, nationally and internationally. (bristol.ac.uk)
- As negotiators in Madrid are trying to break the impasse on global climate finance governance, tectonic shifts in the real economy are signaling changing tides for the oil & gas industry. (euractiv.com)
- Because the state provided progressive tax and feed-in tariff incentives to bolster a renewable energy industry which, in turn, provided much-needed jobs in manufacturing and in trades like plumbing and electricity. (triplepundit.com)
- The European emission trading scheme and renewable energy policies: credible targets for incredible results? (repec.org)
- This paper argues that as technology shifts market dynamics, policies must ensure that markets remain inclusive, and support broad access to the new opportunities for firms and workers. (apo.org.au)
- In general, states with better educated workforces have stronger economies with higher living standards. (massbudget.org)
- Thus, at the zero bound, where the central bank cannot or will not but in any event does not perform its full role in stabilization policy, fiscal policy has the stabilization policy mission that others have convincingly argued it lacks in normal times. (brookings.edu)
- Although nothing in our analysis calls into question the importance of sustainable fiscal policies, it strongly suggests the need for caution regarding the pace of fiscal consolidation. (brookings.edu)
- Nation can grow out of fiscal woes by expanding the economy. (ontheissues.org)
- This book develops an integrated approach to understanding the American economy and national elections. (cambridge.org)
- But the far-rightward lurch of the GOP has created an opportunity to make the 2014 elections a dramatic exception to the usual pattern. (alternet.org)
- In the U.S. and elsewhere, looming elections create a clash between politics and legislation. (industryweek.com)
- The report considers the recycling industry in the context of building a 'green economy', a major European policy objective. (europa.eu)
- One challenge faced by the movement toward a greener economy is that, if you ask anyone what the green economy is-who currently works in it, what they do, and what the green economy of the future should look like-you can get widely different answers, even from people inside the movement itself. (tcf.org)
- That is because discussions of the past, present, and future of the green economy have not been supported by a unified definition and common understanding of what constitutes a green job. (tcf.org)
- It begins by exploring standard definitions of green jobs, including their historical context, to give an idea of what most people think of when talking about the size of the green economy. (tcf.org)
- He also described efforts to provide opportunities for youth, by harnessing the potential of the green economy. (un.org)
- This can be attributed to the shift in federal policy from austerity to stimulus in the form of both tax cuts and a nearly $300 billion increase in government spending. (epi.org)
- But a growing number of nonunionized businesses, like Wilson Sonsini, are using performance as the justification to make big cuts in staff. (wsj.com)
- If progressives are vocal about the dire impact of spending cuts, they can build momentum for a 'Big Flush' of the GOP. (alternet.org)
- Then they will be poised to make still more noise when the cuts actually occur and effects begin to accumulate, and when the crisis broadens in March into comprehensive battles over taxing and spending via a "Continuing Resolution" or a budget. (alternet.org)
- By easing the strain on the public budget, spending cuts in these areas could even create space for other, more productive types of public expenditure. (project-syndicate.org)
- The Bank had thus purposively effected successive rounds of interest rate cuts in 1969 and 1970 that severed the connective relationship between its policy rate, that is, the then Bank Rate, and the Bank of England key policy rate. (bis.org)
- Make the Bush tax cuts permanent. (ontheissues.org)
- To answer these questions, we will have to look both at who the antitax crusaders are and at the evidence on what tax cuts do to the budget and the economy. (nytimes.com)
- This has made some U.S. firms vulnerable to expanded global competition, resulting in substantial job losses and extended periods of unemployment for workers in trade-vulnerable industries. (brookings.edu)
- We as owe ebook asia and policymaking for the global economy 2011 you are, limited infected week, and at the best goals you'll be along. (it-mentor.com.ar)
- We are devices to be your ebook asia and policymaking for the global economy better. (it-mentor.com.ar)
- here per FEMA, a NRI cannot advise good ebook asia and policymaking for the global economy services. (it-mentor.com.ar)
- The most controversial aspects of philanthrocapitalsim are related to the policymaking and agenda setting powers of the new global elite. (springer.com)
- In an increasingly digital global economy, new technologies have a lot of benefits to offer Europe. (euractiv.com)
- News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content and other products and services. (wsj.com)
- In our expanding global economy, companies increasingly conduct business internationally. (law.com)
- Speeches given after her tenure as Secretary of Commerce also cover broader issues about globalization and domestic and international economic policy. (duke.edu)
- What the movement calls for is a sustainable economy-one that, in short, meets the needs of people now, and in the future. (tcf.org)
- This report seeks to provide a framework for understanding what a truly sustainable economy would look like in terms of employment. (tcf.org)
- International Journal of Sustainable Economy , Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3), pages 312-327. (repec.org)
- Although they might create employment, the negative consequences of these economic activities for the environment and health are ultimately borne by African society. (thebrokeronline.eu)
- The city of Durban is emerging as an exemplar for creating an enabling environment for the SSE to flourish through the co-construction process of policy making with relevant stakeholders and the implementation of these policies in a consultation process. (socioeco.org)
- Environmental accounts are a statistical system bringing together economic and environmental information in a common framework to measure the contribution of the environment to the economy and the impact of the economy on the environment. (europa.eu)
- They offer a means of monitoring the pressures exerted by the economy on the environment and of exploring how these might be abated. (europa.eu)
- Environmental accounts are a multipurpose data system encompassing a conceptual framework and tables which describes the interrelations between the economy and the environment in a way that is consistent with the national accounts. (europa.eu)
- Moreover, the business environment should be made more favorable for entrepreneurs, including through reform of the complex and imbalanced tax system . (project-syndicate.org)
- What we need is a set of smart, practical policies to jump-start this transition without delay and maximize the benefits to our environment and economy. (ucsusa.org)
- The ascendancy of neoliberal globalisation has increased inequalities, injustices, and violations of freedoms on an unprecedented scale, creating a fertile environment for the rise of far-right xenophobic nationalism and authoritarianism, and accelerating our descent towards irreversible ecological collapse. (ucc.ie)
- This information can be used to create coherent aggregates, indicators and trends across a broad spectrum of environmental and economic issues. (europa.eu)
- Industrial policy refers to government efforts to support particular industries that are considered strategically important, such as manufacturing. (cfr.org)
- Industrial policy generally refers to efforts to promote specific industries that the government has identified as critical for national security or economic competitiveness. (cfr.org)
- The Roosevelt Institute's Todd Tucker has defined industrial policy [PDF] as: "any government policy that encourages resources to shift from one industry or sector into another, by changing input costs, output prices, or other regulatory treatment. (cfr.org)
- It would involve a massive government investment in equitable decarbonization, which would create millions of "green jobs. (tcf.org)
- From the land conservation policies of President Teddy Roosevelt and the land restoration efforts of President Franklin Roosevelt, to the regulation of air pollution under President Eisenhower and water pollution under President Nixon, Americans have increasingly demanded of their government to conserve, protect, and restore the lands, waters, and resources that constitute the nation and support life. (tcf.org)
- 10. Partisan economic policy and divided government in parliamentary democracies. (cambridge.org)
- Have a post at my other blog, Outrun Change , that discusses how government policy at all levels needs to change so it will be easier to move through the massive transition we are seeing throughout the economy. (nonprofitupdate.info)
- See How government could make the massive transition in the economy easier . (nonprofitupdate.info)
- Rising cost of living had made it compelling for the Government to introduce what is today known as the annual cost of living compensation. (bis.org)
- In the wake of the federal government releasing new carbon emission standards for review Monday, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said Wednesday that the idea of having to choose between a strong economy and environmental protection is "a false choice. (ostara.com)
- The "Japanese challenge," which had been the extraordinary cleverness and ability of Japanese managers, is transformed into the devious, high-handed, and inscrutable policies of the Japanese government. (nybooks.com)
- According to government estimates, the new stimulus package could boost Japan's GDP by 2% and create 600,000 jobs. (cnn.com)
- The government does the same thing with pharmaceutical products, paying up to 25 percent more for drugs that are made in Brazil, reducing drug coverage for the population. (csmonitor.com)
- On top of this, the government has developed a list of products that get a 95 percent reduction in excise tax breaks for being manufactured locally. (csmonitor.com)
- When a state has high-quality transportation infrastructure, the economy is also more productive because goods can more easily get to market, employees can get to work more quickly, consumers can more easily reach vendors, and less money is wasted by overdue repairs. (massbudget.org)
- Recently, national organizations promoting right-to-work laws have turned their focus to Indiana, creating a flurry of new claims on behalf of the policy. (epi.org)
- If the National Right to Work Committee had focused on manufacturing instead of oil, it would have found that in the past two years Indiana added more than twice as many manufacturing jobs as all the Midwest RTW states combined (Figure A). If businesses and workers are "voting with their feet," they are voting for Indiana. (epi.org)
- The work will inform strategic orientations and EU policy actions. (europa.eu)
- The emergence of the gig or platform economy is one of the most important new transformations in the world of work. (ilo.org)
- Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile , click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments. (repec.org)
- We can make the transition to a clean energy economy today, while protecting our climate, saving consumers money, and putting Americans back to work. (ucsusa.org)
- Professor Persky's work takes distributional questions as central to both history and current policy. (oup.com)
- Role of institutional climate on underrepresented faculty perceptions and decision making in use of work-family policies. (umass.edu)
- SAR is seeking a marine policy director to manage the biodiversity team and develop and implement its EU advocacy work on the EU and international marine policies. (eurobrussels.com)
- We are seeking an Associate Policy Officer for agriculture to work closely with colleagues in the Nature, Agriculture and Water Policy team. (eurobrussels.com)
- In the 1980s, Deaton's work focused on the relationship between income and consumption at the aggregate and individual level, and since the 1990s, he has focused on developing economies. (pbs.org)
- The Coalition promised to eliminate the deficit in one parliament and to 'rebalance' the British economy. (palgrave.com)
- As workers and consumers, immigrants play a role in the labor markets and economies of the countries in which they settle. (migrationpolicy.org)
- They made recommendations about what Congress and U.S. officials could do to draft internet usage rules for Americans and American companies that would balance privacy and security concerns, as well as integrate well with the existing standards set by other countries. (c-span.org)
- This report provides a snapshot of how the 'digital frontrunner' countries are delivering a digital economy for all. (apo.org.au)
- I don't accept that a moral foreign policy allows, much less requires, the imposition of democracy or the removal of dictators from countries that pose no threat to American security. (indyweek.com)
- Federal, state, and local policies could slow down the transition. (nonprofitupdate.info)
- Or those policies could make it easier and quicker to get through the painful transition. (nonprofitupdate.info)
- Coverage of Japan's coal funding has sparked an important debate about the role of international climate finance in facilitating the transition to a low-carbon economy. (wri.org)
- This guide offers a framework for a multiyear, cross-industry programme to shape policymaking and accelerate action in the new normal. (apo.org.au)
- The 2012 election altered the roadmap of immigration policy. (tcf.org)
National climate policies1
- WRI works with partners to track and analyze national climate policies in Japan. (wri.org)
- How does it differ from most of the other goods and services that the economy produces? (nytimes.com)
- This paper analyses a number of potential reasons for these low investment rates and discusses policy options to achieve faster capital accumulation. (oecd.org)
- The chapter discusses recent developments in and prospects for the world economy, explores potential risks (both downside and upside), and makes policy recommendations. (imf.org)
- Economic policy is generally seen as the result of a compromise between the President and Congress. (cambridge.org)
- Because Democrats and Republicans usually maintain polarised preferences on policy, middle-of-the-road voters seek to balance the President by reinforcing in Congress the party not holding the White House. (cambridge.org)
- This movement for addressing the climate crisis presents a unique opportunity to define the type of economy that works for everyone-not just one that moves away from extractive activities and toward regenerative ones, but also one that is also centered on racial, economic, environmental, and intergenerational justice. (tcf.org)
- Zandi has authored multiple studies and op-eds, including: Protecting Workers and Businesses in the COVID Crisis A Timely, Simple Idea to Boost Affordable Housing Solving The Student Debt Crisis: Increase Education Supply Pride and Protectionism: U.S. Trade Policy and Its Impact on Asia Fear the Robots? (wikipedia.org)
- Rather, they dilute union bargaining strength by making it harder for workers' organizations to sustain themselves financially. (epi.org)
- But this prospect also creates opportunities for progressive activists and organizations. (alternet.org)
- We host events around the world and online to share results and policy lessons from randomized evaluations, to build new partnerships between researchers and practitioners, and to train organizations on how to design and conduct randomized evaluations, and use evidence from impact evaluations. (povertyactionlab.org)
- Wharton provides experiences that give leaders judgment and skill to motivate high-performing teams and build resilient organizations that change the world. (upenn.edu)
- To send content items to your account, please confirm that you agree to abide by our usage policies. (cambridge.org)