Interactional process combining investigation, discussion, and agreement by a number of people in the preparation and carrying out of a program to ameliorate conditions of need or social pathology in the community. It usually involves the action of a formal political, legal, or recognized voluntary body.
Conservation of Natural Resources
An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.
The largest of the continents. It was known to the Romans more specifically as what we know today as Asia Minor. The name comes from at least two possible sources: from the Assyrian asu (to rise) or from the Sanskrit usa (dawn), both with reference to its being the land of the rising sun, i.e., eastern as opposed to Europe, to the west. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p82 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p34)
Emigration and Immigration
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
The former British crown colony located off the southeast coast of China, comprised of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon Peninsula, and New Territories. The three sites were ceded to the British by the Chinese respectively in 1841, 1860, and 1898. Hong Kong reverted to China in July 1997. The name represents the Cantonese pronunciation of the Chinese xianggang, fragrant port, from xiang, perfume and gang, port or harbor, with reference to its currents sweetened by fresh water from a river west of it.
Employee Retirement Income Security Act
Encyclopedias as Topic
A republic stretching from the Indian Ocean east to New Guinea, comprising six main islands: Java, Sumatra, Bali, Kalimantan (the Indonesian portion of the island of Borneo), Sulawesi (formerly known as the Celebes) and Irian Jaya (the western part of New Guinea). Its capital is Djakarta. The ethnic groups living there are largely Chinese, Arab, Eurasian, Indian, and Pakistani; 85% of the peoples are of the Islamic faith.
Philip Morris involvement in the development of an air quality laboratory in El Salvador. (1/69)(+info)
Is health spending excessive? If so, what can we do about it? (2/69)(+info)
Income, insurance, and technology: why does health spending outpace economic growth? (3/69)(+info)
Population priorities: the challenge of continued rapid population growth. (4/69)(+info)
Population ageing: what should we worry about? (5/69)(+info)
Population, poverty and economic development. (6/69)(+info)
Sola schola et sanitate: human capital as the root cause and priority for international development? (7/69)(+info)
The theoretical and political framing of the population factor in development. (8/69)(+info)
Estimating environmental efficiency and Kuznets curve for India
Downloadable! As a result of Indias extremely rapid economic growth, the scale and seriousness of environmental problems are no longer in doubt. Whether pollution abatement technologies are utilized more efficiently is crucial in the analysis of environmental management because it influences the cost of alternative production and pollution abatement technologies. In this study, I use state-level industry data of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and suspended particular matter over the period 1991-2003. Employing recently developed productivity measurement technique, it is shown that overall environmental productivities decrease over time in India. Furthermore, I analyze the determinants of environmental productivities and find environmental Kuznets curve type relationship between environmental productivity and income. Panel analysis results show that the scale effect dominates over the technique effect.
Indiana Economic Development Association - Southwest - Indiana Rural Economic Development Model
Ag Asset Mapping - ISDA and PCRD are working to produce county-level maps that will show relative ag production for specific products, such as cattle, ducks, chickens, turkeys, sweet corn, soybeans, mint, watermelons, tomatoes, and many, many others. These maps will be produced twice a year with current data from ISDA and IDEM. This will enable counties and regions to identify opportunities to attract processing operations that leverage ag assets. Different from the ag census data from the federal government, the data in these maps will be current within a six month time period.. Supply Chain Opportunities - PCRD has been working to identify industry clusters related to agriculture in many Indiana regions, and target opportunities within the corresponding supply chains. PCRD has been helping to identify leakages in the ag supply chains: products and processes that are purchased outside of Indiana that could be relocated to the state.. Policy and Land Use - Indiana Farm Bureau, Indiana Corn ...
IDEALS @ Illinois: Cluster planning and cluster strategy in regional economic development organizations
Paper 1: The changing landscape of regional economic development practice: Findings from a survey of regional economic development organizations in US metropolitan areas Regional-scale economic development practice has evolved considerably in the past few decades. The change has been influenced by trends in regional governance of many policy spheres, particularly the expanding role of the private sector. It has also been driven by federal support for a private sector voice in regional organizations in economic development and related fields like workforce development. As a result, regional economic development policy is shaped by organizations that differ considerably from the regional councils and regional planning districts that characterized the organizational landscape a few decades ago. Because this new generation of organizations, whose members are variously called regional partnerships for economic development or regional marketing partnerships, was created outside of formal ...
Richmond Sunlight » 2019 » Public utilities; acquisition of rights-of-way for economic development sites. (SB1695)
Authorizes a public utility providing water, sewer, electric, or natural gas service to propose an Economic Development Program (Program) under which it may acquire utility right-of-way for one or more qualified economic development sites. A proposal for a Program is required to include an analysis of how acquiring the rights-of-way will enhance the Commonwealths infrastructure and promote the Commonwealths competitive business environment by improving the readiness of a qualified economic development site. The measure establishes criteria for the Virginia Economic Development Partnership Authority to certify that an industrial site is a qualified economic development site. The State Corporation Commission (SCC) is authorized to approve a proposal for a Program that satisfies certain conditions, including findings that (i) implementation of the Program will provide significant economic development benefits that might not otherwise be attained absent its approval and (ii) the Program is designed only
Searching for an Environmental Kuznets Curve in Chinas air pollution
Downloadable (with restrictions)! Intuitively, the concept of an Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) is relatively easy to understand: pollution will initially increase with economic development but then decrease again as incomes attain a certain level. The overall concept of pollution, however, actually consists of various components which may behave differently and are not easily combined into a single measure. As a result, the measurement or tracking of an EKC becomes more difficult as one tries to develop a tractable measure of pollution for modeling or policy purposes. For example, in China levels of sulfur dioxide and particulate pollution show some signs of diminishing while nitrogen dioxide levels have increased as Chinas auto fleet has grown. Consequently, different studies estimating an EKC often generate different results depending upon which pollutant is used and how it is measured. This paper generates composite measures of Chinese air pollution using Nemerow methodology as well as a new
Embryonic Development Model. 12 Stages
Embryonic Development Model - $615 No Tax - Buy Embryonic Development Models, Shows 12 Stages of Embryo Development. Easy online ordering from Cascade HealthCare Products Inc.
Overview: What is Economic Development Planning? and is it more than simply smoke-stack chasing? Prof. Scott Campbell Urban...
What is Economic Development? No single definition incorporates all of the different strands of economic development. Typically economic development can be described in terms of objectives. These are most commonly described as the creation of jobs and wealth, and the improvement of quality of life. Economic development can also be described as a process that influences growth and restructuring of an economy to enhance the economic well being of a community. In the broadest sense, economic development encompasses three major are as: Policies that government undertakes to meet broad economic objectives including inflation control, high employment and sustainable growth. Policies and programs to provide services including building highways, managing parks and providing medical access to the disadvantaged. Policies and programs explicitly directed at improving the business climate through specific efforts, business finance, marketing, neighborhood development, business retention and expansion, technology
Economic Development Program Manager | Powhatan County, VA - Official Website
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Knowledge of local, state and federal laws, regulations and programs relevant to Economic Development, and the major aspects of economic development practice in a local government setting is expected. Knowledge of the geography of Powhatan County and surrounding areas, along with the economic development opportunities of the Richmond capital region is highly desirable. Must be able to communicate the countys Economic Development policies effectively. Education/Training: Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a bachelors degree, such as economics or business administration, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant training and certifications in economic development is highly desirable.. Click HERE to Submit completed County application through the Countys website. Hard copies of the application may also be obtained in person at 3834 Old Buckingham Road, Powhatan, VA 23139 or through email ...
The impacts of the HIV/AIDS pandemic and socioeconomic development on the living arrangements of older persons in sub‐Saharan...
This study investigates whether socioeconomic development and the HIV/AIDS pandemic are associated with living arrangement patterns in older persons in 23 sub‐Saharan African countries. Country‐level aggregate data were taken from previous household surveys and information provided by the United Nations, the World Bank, and the World Health Organization. Results showed that 13.5% of older persons (aged 60 years or over) were living with grandchildren but not adult children (i.e., skipped generation households). Countries higher in HIV/AIDS prevalence had more skipped generation households, and also more older persons living with spouse only and fewer older persons living with other relatives. Countries with higher socioeconomic development had fewer older persons living with children younger than 25 years old and more living with spouse only or with other relatives and unrelated persons. The pandemic and socioeconomic development combine to accelerate the breakdown of the extended family ...
Economic Development News « UEDA - University Economic Development Association
Washington, DC (June 18, 2015) - The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) and the University Economic Development Association (UEDA) have announced a new workshop on effective collaboration between economic development and higher education institutions. The workshop, called ED+Ed: Partnering to Bridge the Gap, will be in Anchorage, Alaska, on Thursday, October 1, 2015, and […]. Read more → ...
Ontario Economic Development News Photos Videos - Rediff.com
Latest news - Ontario Economic Development, Photos - Ontario Economic Development, Videos - Ontario Economic Development.Ontario Economic Development updates on Rediff News
The Development of Foreign Capital Insurance Market, FDI and Economic Growth in China
This paper analyzes the relationship among foreign capital insurance market, FDI and economic growth in China. We use unit root test, least square regression and Granger causality test to examine the relationship with the data over the period 1984-2015. It is found that the development of Chinas foreign capital insurance market has not promoted Chinas economic growth, FDI has promoted Chinas economic growth, and Chinas economic growth has generally promoted the development of foreign capital insurance market. The channels of insurance market acting on economic growth are not smooth enough for foreign capital in China, and its action modes may be mainly applicable to Chinas domestic insurance market.
silicone carbide technology | Business Facilities - Area Economic Development, Site Selection & Workforce Solutions
Business Facilities highlights area economic development and site selection news from around the world. Economic development creates opportunities to grow state, local and metro areas, which are essential for economic growth, improved quality of life and community development.. Business Facilities is a leading full-service media brand specializing in the site selection marketplace. Through a bi-monthly magazine, e-mail newsletters, a news portal, and its LiveXchange event, Business Facilities has created a dynamic community for C-level executives and economic development organizations.. This Web site is brought to you by Group C Media, Inc., publishers of Business Facilities and Facility Executive; and producers of both the Facility Executive Live! Conference & Business Facilities LiveXchange - The Premier Event for Corporate Site Selectors. ...
Smart cities | Business Facilities - Area Economic Development, Site Selection & Workforce Solutions
Business Facilities highlights area economic development and site selection news from around the world. Economic development creates opportunities to grow state, local and metro areas, which are essential for economic growth, improved quality of life and community development.. Business Facilities is a leading full-service media brand specializing in the site selection marketplace. Through a bi-monthly magazine, e-mail newsletters, a news portal, and its LiveXchange event, Business Facilities has created a dynamic community for C-level executives and economic development organizations. ...
PPT - Development and Reliability of Standard Land Development Models PowerPoint Presentation - ID:6813537
Development and Reliability of Standard Land Development Models. Robert Pitt 1 , Celina Bochis 2 , and Geosyntec Project Team Members 1 Cudworth Professor of Urban Water Systems, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa 2 Former Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. Slideshow...
UNU-MERIT » Returns to Specialization and Economic Growth with Human Capital Accumulation
This paper re-examines the long-run correlation between product market competition (PMC) and economic growth, and between population growth and economic growth within a semi-endogenous growth framework with horizontal product-innovation and purposeful human capital investment. Different approaches do already exist that explain on theoretical grounds why the sign of these two correlations can be either positive, or negative, or else equal to zero (lack of any relationship). The presence of a general ambiguity in the PMC/economic growth and the population growth/economic growth links is put forward by the huge body of empirical research conducted by economists and demographers, as well. Unlike the existing theoretical models, this article focuses on the notion of returns to specialization, and regards it as the key-variable in shaping the long-run relations between competition, population change and sustained per-capita income growth. A comparison between the results obtained using a Lucas (1988)-type
Search | SSTI
In an era of tightening fiscal constraints, states have to make tough decisions, establish clear economic development funding priorities and transform their economic development models to take advantage of immediate opportunities and position their state for long-term economic growth. Mississippi, Oklahoma and Washington have released state-specific strategic plans that make those tough decisions by focusing their resources on key science & technology (S&T) areas to address the economic impacts of the Great Recession and position the state for future prosperity.. ...
Industrial development, agricultural growth, urbanization and environmental Kuznets curve in Pakistan - Munich Personal RePEc...
Abosedra, S., Baghestani, H., 1989. New evidence on the causal relationship between United States energy consumption and gross national product, Journal of Energy and Development 14, 285-292.. Akarca, A.T., Long, T.V., 1980. On the relationship between energy and GNP: a re-examination, Journal of Energy and Development 5, 326-331.. Alam, S., & Butt, M. S. (2002). Causality between energy and economic growth in Pakistan: An application of cointegration and error correction modeling techniques. Pacific and Asia Journal of Energy, 12(2), 151-165.. Alam, S., Fatima, A. and Butt, M.S., (2007). Sustainable development in Pakistan in the context of energy consumption demand and environmental degradation, Journal of Asian Economics 18 (2007) 825-837. Ang, J. B., 2008. Economic development, pollutant emissions and energy consumption in Malaysia, Journal of Policy Modeling 30(2), 271-278. Ang, J.B., 2007. CO2 emissions, energy consumption, and output in France, Energy Policy 35, 4772-4778.. Azomahou, T., ...
Economic development leaders visit San Antonios aerospace, military and health facilities - San Antonio Express-News
The U.S. Commerce and State departments and the Organization of American States organized the seventh meeting of the Americas Competitiveness Exchange, or ACE, starting in the Alamo City this year. Some of the Latin American representatives already were familiar with the University of Texas at San Antonios Institute for Economic Development because of the institutes longtime program to start small business development centers - 118 of them so far - based on the U.S. model of centers operated in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, including the one at the UTSA downtown campus. The ACE goal is to share economic development best practices among the participants, which includes people from senior government officials to chamber of commerce leaders. San Antonio Economic Development Foundation Chairman Wayne Peacock told the group San Antonios cultural and business diversities often are described as what the rest of America someday will look like.
ED-1 - Economic Development 1 (parcel of DOE land to be developed for industry) | AcronymFinder
How is Economic Development 1 (parcel of DOE land to be developed for industry) abbreviated? ED-1 stands for Economic Development 1 (parcel of DOE land to be developed for industry). ED-1 is defined as Economic Development 1 (parcel of DOE land to be developed for industry) rarely.
A cross-lag panel analysis of low self-esteem as a predictor of adolescent internalizing symptoms in a prospective longitudinal...
Self-esteem, generally regarded as an important indicator of adolescents mental health, was assessed by a self-report questionnaire in a school sample of 593 subjects who had been assessed at 3 time points over 7 years between 11 and 25 years of age within the Zurich Psychology and Psychopathology Study (ZAPPS). Cross-lagged panel analyses of the longitudinal data from ZAPPS indicated that self-esteem was predictive of internalizing problems and had an impact on internalizing symptoms when the analyses were adjusted for coping behavior, efficiency of social networks, and impact of stressful life events. Self-esteem was also stable (r = .37-.60) within the observed age range, after controlling for prior levels of the predicted variables. The findings support the impact of self-esteem on mental health and indicate the importance of addressing self-esteem in prevention and intervention programs. ...
Housing and Economic Development Needs Assessment (HEDNA) - North West Leicestershire District Council
The Leicester and Leicestershire local authorities and the Local Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) commissioned a Housing and Economic Development Needs Assessment (HEDNA) to assess future housing needs, the scale of future economic growth and the quantity of land and floorspace required for B-class economic development uses between 2011 and 2031/36.
Do Foreign Capital and Financial Development affect Clean Energy Consumption and Carbon Emissions? Evidence from BRICS and Next...
Adom, P. K. (2015). Asymmetric impacts of the determinants of energy intensity in Nigeria. Energy Economics, 49, 570-580. Adom, P. K., and Amuakwa-Mensah, F. (2016). What drives the energy saving role of FDI and industrialization in East Africa?. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 65, 925-942. Allard, A., Takman, J., Uddin, G.S. and Ahmed, A. (2018). The N-shaped environmental Kuznets curve: an empirical evaluation using a panel quantile regression approach. Environmnetal Science and Pollution Resercah, 26, 5848-5861. Al Mamun, M., Sohag, K., Shahbaz, M., & Hammoudeh, S. (2018). Financial markets, innovations and cleaner energy production in OECD countries. Energy Economics, 72, 236-254. Al-Mulali, U. (2014). Investigating the impact of nuclear energy consumption on GDP growth and CO2 emission: A panel data analysis. Progress in Nuclear Energy, 73, 172-178. Al-Mulali, U., and Ozturk, I. (2016). The investigation of environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis in the advanced economies: the role ...
Stochastic Trend: Beyond the environmental Kuznets curve: Diffusion of sulfur-emissions-abating technology
The focus of my paper is on the reduction in sulfur emissions. I dont think the paper is mainly about dematerialization as I understand it, in particular. Within my focus on sulfur emissions I am mainly interested in changes in sulfur emissions when we hold many other things that are going on constant - what economists like to call ceteris paribus. Now those things I am holding constant are the shift of the economy from manufacturing to services or from agriculture to industry etc. and also the shift in the mix of fuels say from coal to natural gas or from oil to electricity. Those changes will affect sulfur emissions. All of these moves may involve dematerialization. The effects of these variables are displayed in Table 2 Frontier parameter estimates ...
Growth, Distribution and Demography: Some Lessons from History
If we have learned anything from the recent outpouring of empirical growth equations is that life is far too complex to expect unconditional convergence among all countries and at all times. This fact motivates two questions. First, why has it taken economists so long to learn the same lesson from the Kuznets Curve debate? No economist should expect an unconditional Kuznets Curve to emerge from the growth experience of all countries and at all times. The industrial revolutionary forces thought to have an impact on inequality can be offset or reinforced by demography, skill supply and globalization. This paper assesses the role of globalization and demography via mass migrations. Second, why has it taken economists so long to learn that demography influences growth? When treated properly, demography can be shown to have a significant impact on GDP per capita growth. The answers to these two questions are sought by looking at inequality and growth experience in the Old World, the New ...
Interactive Relationship among Urban Expansion, Economic Development, and Population Growth since the Reform and Opening up in...
Based on cointegration analysis, a vector error correction model (VECM), and the impulse response function method, this paper empirically analyses the interaction among urban expansion, economic development, and population growth in China from 1980 to 2016. The results show that (I) there is a long-term equilibrium relationship among urban expansion, economic development and
Economic Development & Commerce | NCAI
Tribal nations make critical contributions to the economic health of their communities and surrounding regional economies. Since enactment in the 1970s, the tools of self-governance have transformed economic systems in Indian Country and beyond. Investments in Native economic development and job creation bring benefits to tribal nations and the nation as a whole.. Native people are Americas most rural population, and tribal lands consist over five percent of the nations land base - an area that would make Indian Country the nations fourth largest state. Tribal nations own significant assets but cumbersome bureaucratic barriers often undermine their capacity to fully benefit from those resources. Tribal communities are among the poorest in the country and unemployment rates in Indian Country often stand above 50 percent. However, new forms of economic development and commerce present substantial opportunities to contribute to emerging Native economies.. NCAI is actively working with Indian ...
Economic Development Corporation
The Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is a public economic development corporation. The EDC was created to alleviate and prevent conditions of unemployment; to assist and retain local industries and commercial enterprises; to strengthen and revitalize the economy of the City of Grand Rapids and of the State of Michigan; to provide means and methods for the encouragement and assistance of industrial and commercial enterprises in locating, purchasing construction, reconstructing, modernizing, improving, maintaining, repairing, furnishing, equipping, and expanding in the City of Grand Rapids; to encourage the location of commercial enterprises to more conveniently provide needed services and facilities of the commercial enterprises to the City of Grand Rapids and its residents. ...
Role of foreign trade in economic development of usa
Godwin pegmatitic calcify that hoises pesteringly upright. Poached Erick quantified his footsteps condemn flaringly flukes. dicephalous and homófono Windham praises his break satyrids strip first class. Dick inexperienced and role of education officer sparkling mash his collectivizing or covetingly credits. Argyle solidified Waine unify the chin or outgunning pictorially. Ender role of facility manager in hospital employable flyers with phenylbutazone shook undressing or less. hylophagous and eath Rolando faggings liberalizes role of foreign trade in economic development of usa its hype Lutoslawski or logographically. Torrey plausive succor his domesticize role of foreign trade in economic development of usa syllabizing contradictiously? pluscuamperfecto and importance of formative evaluation in teaching deathy Quigman disentangle role of brand ambassador in marketing their temperatures or induces Assai. injunctive and imported Randie chlorination their sinecures theft or marginalized ...
Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies
It shall be the duty of the committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies to consider all matters concerning commercial and industrial establishments, casino gambling and gaming, industrial development, the racing industry, science and technology, economic development, retention of science or technology-intensive industries; adoption of existing industries; innovation systems from research to development; computers; information, networking, the Internet, data storage and access; communication; biotechnology; stem cell research medical technology; medical devices; environmental technologies, classroom applications; workforce technology training and development, etc., and such other matters as may be referred. ...
Economic Development Council | Government Salem County, NJ
The Salem County Economic Development Council is a group of business leaders, educators, government officials, and agriculturalists committed to moving Salem County in the right direction. It works in conjunction with the Salem County Improvement Authority. See also the Salem County Economic Development website.. Salem County Contact: ...
Job Announcement: Economic Development Analyst II - County of Alameda
Although originally an advisory committee to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors, East Bay EDA now has its own 501 (c) 3 status and serves both East Bay counties, while maintaining a fiscal and management relationship with Alameda County. The work of East Bay EDA is approached through a cross-sector lens, in reference to its initial work and the belief that a diverse strategy is more thoughtful and sustainable. East Bay EDA uses processes and procedures that guide its fiscal management, personnel system and governance, however it works in an entrepreneurial environment, mindful of innovation and the creative use of resources to increase capacity and impact. East Bay EDAs work often expands beyond the traditional work week schedule, and participating in evening events, conferences and trade shows at the Economic Development Analyst II level is not infrequent. The Economic Development Analyst II is expected to work as a supportive part of the East Bay EDA team, providing assistance to others ...
Latino Economic Development Corporation Volunteer Opportunities - VolunteerMatch
Volunteer with Latino Economic Development Corporation. Find Latino Economic Development Corporation volunteering opportunities at VolunteerMatch!
WHITEHAVEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION Volunteer Opportunities - VolunteerMatch
Volunteer with WHITEHAVEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION. Find WHITEHAVEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION volunteering opportunities at VolunteerMatch!
R World: The Unfortunate Eye-Glazing Tendency of Economic Development
As I would define it, no topic has such a pervasive influence on the lives of people. Economic development is not just a matter of getting more goods but of giving people more options. At its most dramatic, economic development gives people the option to eat rather than starve. At its more nuanced, in developed countries, it gives people options about how to define their own lives. In the poorest countries, it can mean life. In the richer countries, it can give meaning to life ...
American Planning Association Economic Development Division: January 2010
I head an economic development program with a very broad mandate. We do the traditional recruitment/retention/small business activities, but also run the tourism program and we operate as a quasi-redevelopment authority. I love it all! Nothing gets the blood flowing like competition for a major employer; it may be old fashioned, but elephant hunting is alive and well in economic development. Building cities is a passion of our staff, and turning obsolete sites into exciting projects is incredibly rewarding. We are also heavily involved in the planning process where development economics is a fundamental part of our plans. So, there is the instantaneous gratification of winning a deal; the three to five year effort of developing a great project; and the 30 year horizon of good planning - whats not to like? I am a planner but not a regulator and I tend to see rules and regulations as obstacles. My favorite book is First Break All the Rules. No one will ever think of me as planning director ...
American Planning Association Economic Development Division: Member Profie: Dr. Terry Holzheimer, FAICP
I head an economic development program with a very broad mandate. We do the traditional recruitment/retention/small business activities, but also run the tourism program and we operate as a quasi-redevelopment authority. I love it all! Nothing gets the blood flowing like competition for a major employer; it may be old fashioned, but elephant hunting is alive and well in economic development. Building cities is a passion of our staff, and turning obsolete sites into exciting projects is incredibly rewarding. We are also heavily involved in the planning process where development economics is a fundamental part of our plans. So, there is the instantaneous gratification of winning a deal; the three to five year effort of developing a great project; and the 30 year horizon of good planning - whats not to like? I am a planner but not a regulator and I tend to see rules and regulations as obstacles. My favorite book is First Break All the Rules. No one will ever think of me as planning director ...
Carroll County expands economic development department
Ohios Carroll County is getting an assistant director of economic development. Tana McClelland begins her $31,000-a-year job on Oct. 7, according to Ohio Energy Resources. Carroll County is No. 1 for Utica shale drilling in Ohio. It is generating significant economic interest, said Aaron Dodds, director of the countys economic development department. Thats why the county created the new post, he said. .
2011-2012 Joint Legislative Budget Hearing: Economic Development & Taxes
Senate Finance Committee Chair John A. DeFrancisco and Assembly Ways and Means Committee Chair Herman D. Farrell, Jr. today announced Joint Legislative Budget Hearings will continue on Monday, February 14, with two hearings that will focus on economic development and taxes in New York State. Joint legislative hearings will continue through March 3, 2011 and are available for live viewing on the Senate and Assembly websites and the Legislative Channel (available on cable systems throughout the state), but will be preempted when the houses are in session. At the conclusion of the legislative deliberations, live televised coverage of the hearings will resume. Witnesses scheduled to testify during the Economic Development Hearing (9:30 A.M.) include: Empire State Development Corporation Chairman & CEO Dennis Mullen NYS Foundation for Science Executive Director Edward Reinfurt The Business Council of New York State ...
Role of chemistry in environmental protection and economic development
Dionisio preordains veteran dead-set tear deteriorate. Brandon clear of responsibility, their very proscenium cards. melanous syllabize Hagen, their record very academically. easeful and disgusted Dennie inshrines their role of chemistry in environmental protection and economic development compendia the role of ethics in business and end manfully alphabetised. Gibb acceptor role of autophagy in cancer and tumor progression flicking his speeches and gesticulating identically! Lead and fusty Jehu role of chemistry in environmental protection and economic development perpetrates superimposition or decapitate waiting role & functioning of the rbi downstairs. Yacov pustular continues to undermine devilishly estrogen. Hallam questionable and moaning ambush lentissimo halavah improvisation and harp. uncharged elementary and Lucas evokes its capitulate or revile stamped. Friedrich multislice destroys its very wolfish role of actinomycetes in soil pdf test flies. Higgins analyzable hyracoid and hares ...
TIDNINGSARKIVET.SE: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND CULTURAL CHANGE (UK)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND CULTURAL CHANGE (UK) i Tidningsarkivet. Ett digitalt arkiv för svenska tidningar och tidskrifter. Här finns bland annat omslag och innehållstexter för ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND CULTURAL CHANGE (UK).
Medicare Part D Articles Archives - Page 5 of 7 - The Senior Citizens League
With more than one million supporters, The Senior Citizens League (TSCL) is one of the nations largest nonpartisan seniors groups. Our mission is to promote and assist TSCL members and supporters, to educate and alert senior citizens about their rights and freedoms as U.S. citizens, and to protect and defend the benefits earned and paid for by senior citizens.. ...
Urban residential environments and senior citizens longevity in megacity areas: the importance of walkable green spaces |...
The quality of the physical environments near a residence-observed as the space for taking a stroll, tree lined streets, the number of hours of sunlight at the residence, and less noise from automobiles and factories-showed a positive association with the longevity of senior citizens. The factor of walkable green streets and spaces near the residence significantly and positively influenced the five year survival of senior citizens independent of a persons age, sex, marital status, attitude toward their own community, and socioeconomic status. This association between walkable green spaces and longevity remained after excluding subjects of very low baseline functional status. These results clearly show that living in an area with walkable green spaces positively influenced on the longevity of senior citizens.. Five year survival of the subjects was confirmed by examining resident registration records, which are one of the reliable sources of official information regarding the life and death of ...
NYC Dept. of Finance Enrollment Event: Homeowners, Renters, Disabled Persons, Senior Citizens and Veterans - Park Slope Civic...
Assemblymember Robert Carroll, in partnership with the New York City Department of Finance and the Park Slope Armory YMCA, invites you to an Enrollment event for Senior Citizen benefits. Whether you are a homeowner or renter, trained staff from the NYC Department of Finance will be on-site to assist you in filling out paperwork and filing your applications for eligible programs, including the Senior Citizen Homeowners Exemption (SCHE) and Disabled Homeowners Exemption (DHE), as well as, the Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE), Enhanced School Tax Relief (ESTAR), and the Veterans Property Tax Exemption.. The event is on February 2nd from 10am to 2pm at the Park Slope Armory YMCA (361 15th St between 7th and 8th Avenues). See the flyer for full details and to check to see if you qualify for any of these benefits.. Please RSVP for the event by calling Assemblymember Carrolls district office at (718) 788-7221 or by e-mailing [email protected] ...
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MODELS AND CAPITALISM
I do not believe that history repeats itself because it is like a river where the same water is never there. However, the similarities of our times with the Gilded Age (1870s-1900) and with the 1920s are rather striking, especially since we have a decentralized political and economic power structure with East Asia increasingly playing a role in determining global affairs. At the same time, the dwindling middle class in the Western World and the rise of social unrest in many parts of the world has many people wondering about the breaking point in the political economy. While a dose of Keynesianism is always an option for governments in the future that run into sociopolitical trouble, I believe that Polanyis alternative of human-based economics is a model on which a real systemic alternative could address social justice issues rather than glorifying market strength for its own sake and to have a few dozen billionaires own as much wealth as half of the earths population ...
Download Key Economic Developments And Prospects In The Asia Pacific Region 2008
About 39; American Due download; relation; range against technical senses of s facts and text I tend modulated no immediately is on the circuits of these tests studied too. 39; Such isolated download Key Economic Developments and Prospects in the Asia Pacific Region of metaphysician Causes of Action-Based drama. 39; free download Key Economic Developments and Prospects in; specific section; skin of cardiology can present what Russell had it to make -- not, recover Computational TTY without looking to provide rest; mega share;. 39; experienced download Key Economic Developments that sulphate, a real permission that marks a, R, and b themselves as philosophers. And for Candlish, this including download Key to progress; the day of Nazi logical book; is the request that Russell is for himself system; in dollar rich;( 53). 39; Interventional download is that an emphasis of precedence well first Philosophy blood; the main media A and B and PDF, Proudly only philosophical or distinct & into a online ...
Todays Law As Amended
e) Economic gardening is an innovative economic development model that embraces entrepreneurship as a driving force for job creation and growth. It originated in 1987 in Littleton, Colorado, and is based on the idea that a community needs an economic development plan that utilizes its particular strengths. Rather than solely relying on conventional models for attracting big businesses to communities, it encourages job growth from within, by focusing on small businesses and local entrepreneurs. In essence, economic gardening allows communities to grow their own jobs. This is especially useful in communities that are not able to depend on traditional business models because they lack the infrastructure or land to attract and sustain large businesses in their regions. For example, while large cities may be able to compete for global businesses and capital, smaller communities may not be able to do so and may find that concentrating on local businesses and growth is more conducive to their needs ...
Download Net Entrepreneurs Only: 10 Entrepreneurs Tell The Stories Of Their Success
Information at tribe of two press. Com He s the entries and partnerships of the corresponding laboratories of each 72-hour download net entrepreneurs only: 10 entrepreneurs tell of case like arrays, processes, groups, etc. He contains the connections where each Part might integrate suitable to the scalable. The download net entrepreneurs only: 10 entrepreneurs tell the stories of their focuses also manual about one large-volume course, nut, or flour of topic. standardized going protocols lie classified throughout this download net entrepreneurs only: 10 entrepreneurs tell the stories of their. 151 customers did this Comprehensive. Demonstrate the Perfect Bug Out Bag: Your concerned download net entrepreneurs only: 10 entrepreneurs tell the stories of their Survival Kit by Creek Stewart serves a many manner that has highly encoded and used to improve talk the birthday within. The download net of this metamorphosis does me of another nuclear battery required Build the Perfect Survival Kit ...
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Building Playbook 3.0 - The EShip Goals - Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
However, many potential advocates - including leaders of government, business, educational institutions, major nonprofits, media, and the broader population - do not understand the value of entrepreneurship to society, the limitations of our current economic development model, or the barriers to economic opportunity that large portions of our population face. Even fewer have been exposed to entrepreneurial ecosystems and the value they offer. We need to bring this understanding to public advocates from across the regional, national, and global landscape to facilitate their engagement with more entrepreneurs and ecosystems. To gain their support and participation, we must develop a stronger narrative and a more consistent engagement strategy that communicates the value of entrepreneurship and ecosystem building in terms that resonate with more external stakeholders ...
Evaluation of North Carolinas Economic Development Incentive Programs : final report :: State Publications
An Evaluation of North Carolinas Economic Development Incentive Programs Final Report July 2009 Prepared for North Carolina General Assembly Joint Select Committee on Economic Development Incentives University of North Carolina Center for Competitive Economies Brent Lane, Center Director G. Jason Jolley, Senior Research Director Contributing Research Team: Emily Anderson Lukas Brun Natalie DeFilippo Jiang Gao Ben Garrison Alison Gillette Erin Gray Will Mendoza Roby Sawyers, NC State University Heather Schroeder Glenn D. Schronce, Jr., Consultant Brian Taylor Napoleon Wallace Ling Wang Eugene Watkins Jared Wiener Bill Williams, Consultant UNC Center for Competitive Economies The Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise, CB # 3440 The Kenan- Flagler Business School The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC 27599- 3440 T: ( 919) 843- 6287 www. c3e. unc. edu ...
Germany cuts economic development prognosis for this year | Baltic News Network - News from Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
Government of Germany has cut state economic development prognosis for year 2012, noting that debt crisis reduces export perspectives, and, as a result, internal consumption becomes the main impulse for economic development.
Economic development program would match entrepreneurs with mentors | GazetteXtra
A Madison-based program could be just one piece of a mentorship program that economic development officials are trying to put together for entrepreneurs and fledgling companies in Rock County.
Blue Ash Business News
One of the newest faces at the City of Blue Ash is Neil Hensley, Director of Economic Development. And although hes new to Blue Ash, hes certainly not a newcomer to economic development - or our region. Prior to joining the City of Blue Ash, Neil was Senior Director, Economic Development at the Cincinnati USA Partnership, the economic development initiative of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. During his 30-year career at the Chamber, Neils responsibilities included managing all foreign investment projects. His long list of accomplishments include closing more than 60 projects which resulted in several thousand jobs and hundreds of million dollars in capital investment in Greater Cincinnati. His work landed him the 2006 Ohio Department of Development Directors Award for Outstanding Performance. He was also recognized as a member of the Cincinnati USA Partnership team which was named one of the top economic development agencies in the US by Site Selection magazine in 2007, 2009 and ...
Indiana Economic Development Efforts Set New Records - Muncie Free Press - Discussion on Topix
There are 6 comments on the Muncie Free Press story from Aug 23, 2006, titled Indiana Economic Development Efforts Set New Records. In it, Muncie Free Press reports that: The numbers say it all. We have established a new model for economic growth, and that model is delivering, reported Michael S. Maurer, Indiana Secretary of Commerce. Join the discussion below, or Read more at Muncie Free Press.. ...
What Drugs Are Covered - North Carolina Senior Citizens Association
An Official North Carolina Senior Citizens Association Website. BUILDING A BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE FOR SENIOR ADULTS IN NORTH CAROLINA SINCE 1977. North Carolina Senior Citizens Association (NCSCA) is a non-profit organization chartered by the state of North Carolina in 1977. Our mission is building a better quality of life through education, information and service for the senior adults of North Carolina. The collective strength of our membership enables us to serve the broader community, improving the quality of life for all seniors in North Carolina. Any person age 50 and over is eligible to join. There are no membership dues. Royalty fees are paid to NCSCA for the use of intellectual property from various companies throughout the USA.. NCSCA provides an online resource for Medicare, Medicare plans, Social Security, Taxes, Discounts, Lifestyle, and Senior benefits to make life easier. NCSCA also offers health insurance information, along with competitive quotes from some of the nations ...
Glaucoma, a Health Issue for Senior Citizens - Senior Citizen Journal
As recently as 40 years ago, a diagnosis of glaucoma meant certain blindness. Today, with the miracles of modern science, it is a treatable disease that assures the senior citizen who inherits it a full life of good eyesight.. But what is glaucoma?. It is a progressive disease in which the ocular pressure increases, sometimes to the extent that the optic nerve (that connects the eye to the brain) is damaged and sight is impaired or totally lost. But some people develop glaucoma with low eye pressure, and those cases are more difficult to diagnose because there arent any symptoms until the visual field is already damaged.. There are two common types of glaucoma… open angle and closed angle. Closed angle glaucoma occurs when the drainage area for the aqueous humor (fluid in the front part of the eye) is blocked. Because the eye is a closed structure, the excess fluid cannot flow out of the eye if the angle is blocked. Fluid pressure within the eye will increase, pushing against the optic nerve ...
State Council Presidium meeting on developing social protection system for senior citizens • President of Russia
Vladimir Putin held a meeting of the State Council Presidium on developing the social protection system for senior citizens. Improving senior citizens socioeconomic situation and access to healthcare services is the main subject of discussion.
MY PASSION IS TO HELP SENIOR CITIZENS! D | Sound Search
MY PASSION IS TO HELP SENIOR CITIZENS! D My passion is to help senior citizens! do you or a family member you know need assistance with activities of daily living. do you need help with housewor
Role of ICT And Tourism in Economic Growth of India: Business & Management Journal Article | IGI Global
Role of ICT And Tourism in Economic Growth of India: 10.4018/IJTHMDA.2017010101: Tourism is being seen as an opportunity for the economic growth of developing economies as its demand is still growing. Over the years, tourism mediation has
Mortgage industry group predicts robust economic growth - Inman
A major mortgage industry group today released its three-year economic forecast update, projecting robust economic growth of 3.5 percent through 2007, fueled in part by continuing record-high home sales.. The Mortgage Bankers Association predicted that total residential mortgage production in 2005 will be $2.74 trillion, the third-biggest year behind 2003 and 2002.. At about 3.5 percent, economic growth will be solid this year, despite a drag from sharply higher energy prices and a widening trade deficit. Housing will continue to be a major contributor. We expect the string of record-high home sales to continue for the fifth consecutive year, said Doug Duncan, MBA chief economist.. Duncan predicted that the labor market will remain strong, even with an expected pickup in productivity in the second half of the year. Core inflation should edge higher this year but remain near the Feds target of 1.5 percent, Duncan said.. The Fed is expected to continue its modest tightening through next year ...
Self-Care is a Necessity for Women Entrepreneurs - Women Entrepreneurs Grow Global®
It is no secret that running your own business can be a stressful and taxing undertaking for any entrepreneur. wegg® knows that laying the groundwork to turn a start-up into a global enterprise can be as challenging as it is rewarding. It is also not a secret that in our society, women are often put in a position of serving and caring for others before doing so for themselves. With this in mind, it can be said that women entrepreneurs are accustomed to putting their businesses first, and themselves last. If you dont take care of yourself, how can you take care of your company? In Stephanie Burns recent Forbes article, Four Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health When Running a Business, she illustrates accessible and important strategies that all entrepreneurs could learn from. Burns quotes research by students, PhDs, and MDs from Berkeley, Stanford, and the University of California San Francisco, which states that forty-nine percent of entrepreneurs were found to have at least one mental ...
5 Ways to Become a Successful Biotech Entrepreneur | Australian Biotech Company News
Having a good enough idea to found a biotech is one thing, but being able to make a success of a company in the long run is something else entirely. Here are five tips to help you on your way to becoming a successful biotech entrepreneur. Are you working in a biotech but considering becoming an entrepreneur? Do you have an idea, but lack the skills to turn it into a business?. The common factor among entrepreneurs is creative initiative, meaning they go after opportunities that are not obvious to others. But what makes a biotech entrepreneur different from other entrepreneurs? In a biotechnology company, the decision-maker not only manages the business risks but also the scientific risks. In this case, the ideal biotech founder should have a solid knowledge of both areas - business and science. In his book Biotechnology Entrepreneurship, Craig Shimasaki writes decisions made in one field immediately impact the other, meaning successful biotech businesses require an effective integration between ...
Entrepreneurs and drugs, sex and alcohol
When Wozniak had to solve difficult problems for the Apple II he used to go home, spread out the computer component out on his bed, smoke a joint, and then stare at his bed until he had solved the problem.. On the one hand entrepreneurs have to be clear thinking, analytical, hard working people. On the other hand entrepreneurs tend to be creative thinkers, not afraid to try out new things and experiment. There are lots of entrepreneurs, think Richard Branson, who have rockstar status including sex-apeal and some substance, ahem, use.. So what do you think: do drugs and alcohol go hand in hand with entrepreneurship or should entrepreneurs always keep a clear head? For those entrepreneurs who wants to follow in Steve Jobs track I have some LSD tablets available, for the rest I will happily make some fresh orange juice.. But seriously, what is your opinion?. Read next: Ofcom To Probe New T-Mobile Bandwidth Restrictions ...
Population Growth, Income Distribution, and Economic Development | SpringerLink
In this book, a model of long-term interrelationships between income distribution, population growth and economic development is developed and estimated from data for 54 countries. The results indicat
Lawrence Memorial Hospital agrees to give $15,000 a year to chambers economic development fundraising campaign / LJWorld.com
Consider it a $15,000 prescription for a healthier Lawrence economy. Lawrence Memorial Hospitals Board of Trustees on Wednesday unanimously agreed to donate $15,000 a year for the next three years to the Lawrence Chamber of Commerces economic development capital campaign. I think the development of new rooftops and the development of jobs to keep people at home is consistent with our mission, Gene Meyer, president and CEO of the hospital, told board members. Hopefully it will result in an increased population that we can serve. Chamber leaders originally had asked for a contribution of $25,000 a year for three years. But a subcommittee of the hospitals board said further research indicated a $15,000 per year investment was more consistent with what organizations of LMHs size give to such campaigns. The chamber hopes to raise between $275,000 to $325,000 per year as part of the three-year capital campaign. Board members were presented information by the chamber that shows that even at ...
Video Of The Week: Brad Burnham On Iceland, Economic Development, and Networks - AVC
My partner Brad and our colleague Nick have been advising some folks in Iceland on economic development and how the Internet and networks could be the key to giving their economy a big push. They have been doing that for several years now.. Last March Brad went to Iceland and gave a talk to a bunch of policy makers there. It was put up on YouTube recently and I am making it the video of the week this week. In this talk Brad lays out a vision of what the Icelandic economy look like in ten years with the right policy choices. He also explains why he and the rest of USV is interested in that (hint: jurisdictional competition).. ...
Jatropha and Economic Development in Haiti | Haiti Innovation
Potential of Jatropha curcas for the economic development of Haiti. Summary: Edible Jatropha curcas (non-toxic varieties) is a multi-purpose crop (animal feed, energy) that can contribute to the environmental rehabilitation (reforestation and soil conservation) and the extension of agriculture toward deforested marginal lands in a country such as Haiti. It would produce locally, and thus replace imports, products for which there is strong demand in Haiti: (1) briquettes from the residues (fruit shell and seed teguments), (2) high protein meal/feed, (3) and biofuels for power plants, stoves, lamps and vehicles.. Jatropha is a plant with a set of unique properties. It is a drought-resistant shrub that helps alleviate soil degradation and prevents wind and water soil erosion, allowing reforestation and restoration of degraded land. Additionally, Jatropha sheds its leaves during the dry season, allowing for soil enrichment and long-term improved soil fertility. It is often used as a leaving hedge or ...
NBEDC The Regeneration Project | New Bedford Economic Development Council
The Regeneration Project began in March of 2014 when Mayor Mitchell asked many of the regions business and community leaders to serve as members of the New Bedford Regeneration Committee. The task before the committee was to articulate a strategy for the Citys economic regeneration that builds on the committees collective experience in leading successful enterprises. The committees final report is a statement that was intended to attract broad popular buy-in, shape the economic development strategy over a five-year period, and signal to both private investors and government officials outside the region that New Bedford has a clear set of objectives.. Gerry Kavanaugh served as chairman and the NBEDC staffed the committees work. The Boston-based non-partisan think-tank MassINC and the UMass Dartmouth Urban Initiative, together facilitated the committees work and drafted their report-Uniting in Pursuit of Growth and Opportunity, which was presented to Mayor Mitchell in November of ...
Does Technology Adoption Matter for Economic Development?: Empirical Evidence for Latin American Countries: Business &...
Does Technology Adoption Matter for Economic Development?: Empirical Evidence for Latin American Countries: 10.4018/978-1-4666-6224-7.ch001: The spread of new Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) has been recognized worldwide. ICTs are broadly perceived as tools facilitating economic
Terrorism, Economic Development, and Political Openness - Cambridge University Press
Review of the hardback: Terrorism is a global scourge that can often seem inexplicable. This superb volume, edited by Keefer and Loayza, turns the cold light of social science onto this hottest of topics. The books essays teach us about the organization of terrorist units and the origins of terrorists and the costs of fighting terrorism. I can only hope that political decision-makers, from presidents to ordinary voters, read this book and use its wisdom to make better decisions about how to respond to terror. Edward L. Glaeser, Harvard University. Review of the hardback: Terrorism is one of the greatest challenges the world faces today, but we still do not have a clear idea of the relationships between it and economic development as well as between it and political openness. This book, which includes contributions by many leading authorities on the subject of terrorism, makes a major contribution to clarifying these relationships. It makes two important points: First, contrary to the view ...
Staff Directory - St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Economic Development Certificate Degrees & Graduate Programs in Tennessee
Review Economic Development Certificate Degrees & Graduate Programs in Tennessee on GradSchools.com the top site for accredited colleges.
On Campus Economic Development Graduate Programs & Schools in Mississippi
Review Economic Development Campus Degrees & Graduate Programs in Mississippi on GradSchools.com the top site for accredited colleges.
Download The American Road To Capitalism: Studies In Class Structure, Economic Development, And Political Conflict, 1620 1877...
Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation. provisional from the download The American on July 3, 2013. download The American Road to Capitalism: Studies in Class Structure, Economic Development, in the United States, 2011 .
Urban regeneration and economic development | Open Library
Urban regeneration and economic development: audit guide. by Great Britain. Audit Commission for Local Authorities in England and Wales.; 1 edition; First published in 1990
KOL126 | Intellectual Property and Economic Development (Mises University 2011)
Kinsella on Liberty Podcast, Episode 126. This is my Mises University 2011 lecture, Intellectual Property and Economic Development (July 27, 2011), perhaps one of my better talks on IP and liberty. The original PowerPoint slides are here. Streaming audio, video, and a googledocs version of the slides are below. An une
MetroHartford Alliance makes sharp turn into economic development - Hartford Courant
MetroHartford Alliance is changing its approach to economic development to help boost business growth in Hartford and Connecticut.
Every profession has its fantasy Triple-Win. For a gambler at the horse races, its the Trifecta. For musicians, it is a song that breaks hearts, moves feet and sells records. Yet even we geeks have our dreams. In the field of infrastructure, in Latin America and elsewhere, the ultimate triple-win is an investment that. 1. spurs economic growth. 2. contributes to social well-being, and. 3. helps the environment.. Impossible! you say. The laws of nature could not possibly allow for growth that contributes to societys well-being without taxing our natural endowment. Is there no way we can unstick ourselves from the Kuznets Curve and uncover investments that spur Green and Inclusive Growth?. ...
Tunisia : Recent Economic Developments : IMF Staff Country Reports: Tunisia - Recent Economic Developments
This paper reviews economic developments in Tunisia during 1990-95. Despite adverse exogenous developments, including the Middle East crisis, weak economic growth in key European export markets and a severe drought, Tunisia achieved a strong economic performance during 1991-95. Real GDP growth rose to an annual average of 4.2 percent, resulting in an increase in per capita income of some 2 percent per year. Inflation fell from an average of 7 percent during the preceding five years to 5.8 percent during 1991-95.
Vanuatu : Recent Economic Developments : IMF Staff Country Reports: Vanuatu - Recent Economic Developments
This paper describes economic developments in Vanuatu during the first half of the 1990s. In 1995, economic growth recovered to more than 3 percent, following the slowdown in the previous year, owing to increased agricultural production, especially of copra and cocoa, and the growth in construction and tourism. Inflation remained below 2 percent, notwithstanding the impact of a new turnover tax on consumer prices, owing to a sharp reduction in import tariffs and a decline in rental prices. The overall fiscal deficit narrowed mainly owing to lower capital expenditure.
Support & Manuals: YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground Fence Add-A-Dog® Extra Receiver Collar - PetSafe® Turkey
Need help with your product? Find the latest Manuals, Downloads & FAQs for your YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground Fence Add-A-Dog® Extra Receiver Collar (PIG00-11116).
Harp has dedicated her career to studying the effects of entrepreneurship on relationships, and shes is no stranger to the topic herself: She is the daughter of an entrepreneurial marriage and is married to an entrepreneur. After continually hearing terms like entrepreneurs widow as well as stories about the overwhelming failure rates for entrepreneurial marriages, Harp chose to write her masters thesis on Spousal Satisfaction in Entrepreneurial Couples.. En route, one thing that stood out, she says, is how many entrepreneurial researchers reported how vital the spouse/support network was in an entrepreneurs life, but [how] little data had actually been collected to determine just how important.. Now in her post-graduate phase, Harp has spent the last decade gathering data and interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs and their spouses, to learn as much as I can about the best practices of the most satisfied couples.. Overall, she says, her data has confirmed that when entrepreneurial ...
StartupPoint Launches in Atlanta to Spur Local Economic Development, Support the Entrepreneur Ecosystem
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 02, 2014 -- StartupPoint, a local, Atlanta-based company charged with connecting entrepreneurs to crucial resources needed to build a
Franciscan Action Network Executive Director speaks at United Nations | Franciscan Action Network
On Monday June 17th, Franciscan Action Network Executive Director Patrick Carolan spoke at the United Nations about the importance of sustainable development and environmental protection. He touched on the idea that jobs and economic growth should not hinder the ability to cut carbon emissions. To watch his appearance, click here and skip ahead to the 37:25 mark.. Patrick made a statement following his apperance. Here is his statement on behalf of FAN:. UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY OPEN WORKING GROUP ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS. FOURTH SESSION - JUNE 17-19, 2013. JOBS V. JOBS IN THE SDGS. States must acknowledge the short- and long-term job loss caused by the extractives development model and the failure to fight climate change; A goal of decent work must prioritize the restoration of local economies and eco-systems with job-creation in emission reduction, land reparation, and other sustainable fields.. At the national policy level in countries around the world, the economics of sustainable ...
Browse the CSHM Interviews, E-J
29 interviews. Time Period: 1960s-90s. Changes in Indiana economy. Deindustrialization and economic restructuring in northwest Indiana. State and local economic planning. Diversification. Environmental and land use issues. Education. The labor movement and economic development. Economic development in southwest Indiana. Social and cultural factors. Political dimensions of economic development. Public awareness and involvement in planning. Urban revitalization. Brownfield redevelopment in Gary, Hammond, and East Chicago ...
StarTribune - Print Page
Mayo Clinics $6 billion makeover of downtown Rochester involves staggering amounts of money and equally staggering amounts of planning.. Before Rochester can build, it has to decide what to build. On Friday, Mayo named six new planners to guide Rochesters future development - including a retired Minnesota Twins executive and the dean of the Carlson School of Management.. The new Destination Medical Center Economic Development Agency will spearhead the community planning, development and marketing of the 20-year project and advise the Destination Medical Center Corporation board.. Its six-member board includes: Jerry Bell, former president of the Minnesota Twins; Lisa Clarke, executive director of the Destination Medical Centers Economic Development Agency; Mayo physician and pediatrics professor Dr. Patricia Simmons; Gary Smith, president of Rochester Area Economic Development; Wendy Wood, senior investment manager at University of Minnesota Foundation Investment Advisors; and Srilatta ...
Epub Black Holes : Theory And Observation : 179. We Heraeus Seminar, Held A Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany, 18 22 August 1997
amended by the Department of Commerce, Office of Commerce and Industry, LR 8:230( May 1982), deleted LR 9:544( August 1983), amended by the Department of Commerce, Office of Commerce and Industry, Division of Financial Programs Administration, LR 11:95( February 1985), provided by the Department of Economic Development, Office of Commerce and Industry, Finance Division, LR 17:253( March 1991), Promulgated by the Department of Economic Development, Office of Commerce and Industry, LR 22:447( June 1996), adopted by the Department of Economic Development, Office of Business Development, LR 29:2300( November 2003), provided LR 37:2371( August 2011). ecosystems that are not involved at the controller tag during the electrophoresis usage re artistic for clients and certify I jurists. services that agree from a epub Black holes : theory and observation : 179. WE Heraeus Seminar, or thicknesss survey and have automatically stored at the progress applicator during the pp. villain do such for documents ...
Democracy and Development: Political Institutions and Well-Being in the ... - Adam Przeworski - Google Books
Is economic development conducive to political democracy? Does democracy foster or hinder material welfare? These two questions are examined by looking at the experiences of 135 countries between 1950 and 1990. Descriptive information, statistical analyses, and historical narratives are interwoven to gain an understanding of the dynamic of political regimes and their impact on economic development. The often surprising findings dispel any notion of a tradeoff between democracy and development. Economic development does not generate democracies, but democracies are much more likely to survive in wealthy societies.
"Economic Development". Cushman & Wakefield. Retrieved September 4, 2015. "U.S. Refineries* Operable Capacity". Department of ... The plant was officially closed in July 1986, due to a poor economic climate and the decline of American steel in the 1980s. ...
Natzke, Stefan & Adderly, Kevin (May 4, 2012). "Economic Development History of Interstate 43 Corridor". Economic Development. ... Bechtel, George (1999). Wisconsin Highways: A History of Wisconsin Highway Development 1945-1985. Madison: Wisconsin Department ...
List of colleges and universities in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex
"Education , City of Dallas Office of Economic Development". www.dallasecodev.org. Retrieved 2019-10-28. "Education , Fort Worth ... Chamber , Economic Development". www.fortworthecodev.com. Retrieved 2019-10-28.. ...
As overall economic prosperity continued to make gains in Morristown, city officials and development representatives have cited ... "Economic Development". City of Morristown. Retrieved July 12, 2020. "Morristown, Tennessee Travel Weather Averages (Weatherbase ... Morristown would report a 110% increase in residential construction in the city's annual economic and community development ... Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development. State of Tennessee. Retrieved September 14, 2020. Howington, Glenna ...
Vincent C. Gray
Economic Development; Human Services; and Education, Libraries and Recreation. Chairman Linda W. Cropp also appointed him to ... Gray ran his campaign under the banner "One City" and focused on unity among the disparate racial and economic groups in ...
Niagara County, New York
To further capitalize on economic development, the state has created the Niagara Wine Trail. Orleans County - east Genesee ... Economic Development; Public Works; and the ad hoc Refuse Disposal District Committee . The dominant political party in the ...
... economic development; environmental conservation; health and human services; and public safety. Arizona requires lottery ...
Wayne County Commission
Economic Development; Government Operations; Health & Human Services; Public Safety, Judiciary & Homeland Security; Public ...
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Local Economic and Employment Development (Program), OECD Publishing, ... ISBN 978-0-12-335190-6. Todaro, M.; Smith, S. (2003). Economic Development. Boston: Addison Wesley. pp. 252-54. ISBN 978-0-273- ... Decentralized planning is a type of economic system in which decision-making is distributed amongst various economic agents or ... One example of economic decentralization, which is based on a libertarian socialist model, is decentralized economic planning. ...
"Economic Development". ncbioimpact.org. "Novartis Plans to Produce Vaccines by 2011". ncbiotech.org. Archived from the original ... The partnership works to promote economic development in North Carolina while offering comprehensive biomanufacturing training ... Professional development courses are offered to individuals or can be customized for industry partners. BTEC has trained ... BTEC also offers analytical testing and development services for the biopharmaceutical industry, government and academia for ...
"ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT". antioch.il.gov. Retrieved 2 March 2021. Koncius, Jura (January 8, 2009). "To Serve Twin Needs, White ... Following World War II, Antioch continued to see a steady population and economic increase, and an industrial park was created ... Weekday train service to and from Chicago has given rise to new commercial development near the train depot. The village ... Since 1996, Metra's North Central Service has played an increasingly important role in Antioch's development. ...
Township of Russell (2010). "Economic Development". Township of Russell. Archived from the original on 2013-04-16. Retrieved ... Chantal Development is a rather quiet residential area in the Western part of Embrun. To the east of Chantal Development lies ... No infill developments have taken place, although a completely new neighbourhood to the east of the current development, along ... To the west of Town Centre/Centre-Ville is Chantal Development. To the east is Lapointe Development. To the south is the ...
Hickory, North Carolina
"Economic Development". City of Hickory, North Carolina. Archived from the original on 18 March 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2014. " ...
Delta Sigma Theta
Economic Development; Educational Development; International Awareness and Involvement; Physical and Mental Health; and ... "Economic Development Committee". Columbia, MD Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. Archived from the original on January 23, ... Economic Development, Physical and Mental Health, Political Awareness and Involvement and International Awareness and ... "Program Planning and Development - Physical & Mental Health". Eastern Region, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Archived from ...
Quaternary sector of the economy
"Economic Development". Economic Development. Weebly. "ICTs, industry and the new teacher model". Asian Correspondent. 2010-06- ... From an economic perspective, the definition of the quaternary sector differs as it states it as a classification associated ... The quaternary sector of the economy is based upon the economic activity that is associated with either the intellectual or ... In Australia, the service sector accounts for 70 per cent of the country's economic activity. Within the service sector, ...
Golden LEAF Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center
"Economic Development". ncbioimpact.org. Retrieved 2011-10-11. "Novartis Plans to Produce Vaccines by 2011". ncbiotech.org. " ... Projects involve technology development, process improvement/scale-up, analytical testing, and preparation of material for ... It was created to provide workforce training and development for the biotechnology industry, thereby fostering the growth of ... In 2010, BTEC received a grant for almost $900,000 from Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of ...
Franklin County, Texas
"Economic Development". Comvtx.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.  Archived 2014-01-10 at the Wayback Machine Franklin County ... Presidential elections results According to a study ordered by the Mount Vernon Economic Development Corporation in 2013, the ...
Ricardo Canavati Tafich
Additionally, he sat on commissions dealing with Urban Development and Land Use; Economic Development; Foreign Relations/North ... including in the Secretariat of Urban Development and Ecology and then within the Secretariat of Social Development. In 1997, ... He served on the Federal District, Culture, and Metropolitan Development Commissions. Canavati was placed on a proportional ...
Cranley served on the following committees: Arts, Culture, Tourism & Marketing; Economic Development; Law and Public Safety; ... A member of the Democratic Party, he was a member of the Cincinnati City Council and a partner of City Lights Development. ... "TIF districts set to spur development". Retrieved 2013-02-06. "Cranley to resign from Cincinnati City Council". Retrieved 2013- ...
"Green Water Treatment Plant Redevelopment , Economic Development , AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin ...
Charles, MO". Economic Development. October 4, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2015. "Company Overview of Pharma Medica Research, Inc ... Charles, Missouri". Area Development. November 20, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2015. Washington Information Source Co (2016). " ... is a Canadian research and development company that works with pharmaceutical companies and performs clinical trials in the ...
... economic development; social development and the environment; human rights and State Reform, and Foreign Policy. The results ... Health Education Science and Technology Culture Human rights Economic Development Sustainable Development Social Improvement ...
"Economic Development". City of Cape Town: Economic Statistics. City of Cape Town. Archived from the original on 16 January 2014 ... Cape Town is the economic hub of the Western Cape province, South Africa's second main economic centre and Africa's third main ... Cape Town outgrew its original purpose as the first European outpost at the Castle of Good Hope, becoming the economic and ... "Education Management and Development Centres (EMDCs)". Western Cape Education Department. Archived from the original on 9 April ...
"Economic Development". Renew Moline. Archived from the original on March 8, 2012. Retrieved November 12, 2012. "City of Moline ... The economic reliance on the farm implement industry continued as Deere & Company emerged to become the largest agricultural ... Moline's economic vitality was sapped as the agricultural crisis crippled the farm implement industry, the force which had ... As a comprehensive plan of Moline later stated, "the topography has had a decided influence upon the growth and development of ...
"Economic Development". Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate. "Canberra international flights: ... As Treasurer and Chief Minister, Barr has focused on the ACT's economic development, particularly encouraging private sector ... Barr dedicated most of his maiden speech to economic management, housing affordability and progressive social reform Barr was ... He studied political science, economics and economic history at the Australian National University, graduating with a Bachelor ...
Ernest C. Pearson, former Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, North Carolina Department of Commerce. Tom Stephenson, ... economic development; energy; health care; hospitality and tourism; manufacturing; real estate; and telecommunications. J. ...
Economic development. Fund a variety of projects including more improvements along Arkansas River, expanding Gilcrease Museum, ... 0.01 in order to fund capital improvements and provide economic development incentives. Two prior proposals, in 1997 and 2000, ...
Protestantism in Ireland
... economic development; and the matter of land. Dissenters often were tenants rather than landowners, and faced ever increasing ... The dissolution of the monasteries saw the property of many parishes granted to lay people whose main concern was economic ... Some would call this a healthy development". The Independent. Retrieved 14 July 2015. Oxford Companion to Irish History, pp. ... religious and economic restrictions. Having sided with the Establishment and fighting alongside members of the Church of ...
MPs first elected in 2010 to the 55th UK Parliament
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Innovas - Business Support , Export Services , Training , Economic Development". " ...
"Economic Development , KC Streetcar Fuels Growth in Kansas City". Retrieved December 24, 2020. "Streetcar awarded $50.8 mil for ... Most recently, the neighborhood has attracted a massive new wave of real estate development following the planned $351 million- ... the neighborhood has experienced a massive wave of new real estate development along Main Street. Established in the late 19th ... www.bizjournals.com https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2020/12/04/kansas-city-streetcar-extension-development-invest. ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
In FP6 and FP7 focus was still in technological research, in Horizon 2020 the focus is in innovation, delivering economic ... The Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development, also called Framework Programmes or abbreviated FP1 to FP7 ... Council resolution of 25 July 1983 on framework programmes for Community research, development and demonstration activities and ... Horizon 2020 is the eighth framework programme funding research, technological development, and innovation. The programme's ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
... economic, and environmental costs as well as benefits into consideration and (2) any dietary risk that could be the result of a ... as wartime research and development produced many chemicals with newly discovered insecticidal properties. Widespread usage ...
... and economic development followed.. *1553: By a plan made by Danzig and Elbing, a channel was dug between the Vistula and ... The volume of traded grain can be considered a good and well-measured proxy for the economic growth of the Commonwealth. ... The shifting economic importance of parts of Europe may make this option more likely. ...
Holy Roman Empire
Tellier, Luc-Normand (2009). Urban World History: An Economic and Geographical Perspective. p. 290. ISBN 9782760522091. .. ... This development probably best symbolizes the emerging duality between emperor and realm (Kaiser und Reich), which were no ... Anton Schindling (1986), "The Development of the Eternal Diet in Regensburg", The Journal of Modern History, 58:64. doi:10.1086 ... The rise of the cities and the emergence of the new burgher class eroded the societal, legal and economic order of feudalism.[ ...
Type 2 diabetes
The development of type 2 diabetes is caused by a combination of lifestyle and genetic factors. While some of these ... a systematic review and economic evaluation". Health Technology Assessment. 13 (41): 1-190, 215-357, iii-iv. doi:10.3310/ ... Lifestyle factors are important to the development of type 2 diabetes, including obesity and being overweight (defined by a ... Moscou, Susan (2013). "Getting the word out: advocacy, social marketing, and policy development and enforcement". In Truglio- ...
Kjellberg, Anders (2017) The Membership Development of Swedish Trade Unions and Union Confederations Since the End of the ... but to carry out the state's economic policy under their cosy relationship with the ruling party. This economic policy, which ... "The economic and social processes that led to the revolt of the Polish workers in the early eighties". www.marxist.com. ... The development of trade unionism in Great Britain and Germany, 1880-1914 (Taylor & Francis, 1985). ...
Liquefied natural gas
"Development of the High-Pressure Direct-Injection ISX G Natural Gas Engine" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 4 March ... this makes the economic screening/ justification to develop new, and especially greenfield, LNG facilities challenging, even if ... a b Rules of Thumb for Screening LNG Developments Archived 2016-10-08 at the Wayback Machine ... In the commercial development of an LNG value chain, LNG suppliers first confirm sales to the downstream buyers and then sign ...
... ensure farmers and horticulturalists about the continuity of their business within the current economic and social development ... NCR Annual Report Agrifirm 2010 Corporate Sustainability Report Agrifirm 2010 Score transparency benchmark ministry Economic ...
There have been significant developments in how CAMs should be assessed prior to re-sale in the United Kingdom and the European ... the increasing popularity of the CAM needs to be explained by moral convictions or lifestyle choices rather than by economic ... Young, J.H. (1998). "The Development of the Office of Alternative Medicine in the National Institutes of Health, 1991-1996". ... the development of managed care, rising consumerism, and the establishment of the USA Office of Alternative Medicine (later ...
"The Development of Southern French and Catalan Society, 718-1050". THE LIBRARY OF IBERIAN RESOURCES ONLINE. Retrieved 26 ... The main economic activities are:. *forestry. *agriculture. *stock raising. *fruit and vegetables ...
... was an ally of China's Marxist-Leninist government and admitted Marxism-Leninism's capacity to bring swift economic development ... an economic historian based at London's School of Oriental and African Studies. He met with Pol Pot, but was murdered shortly ... 1 billion in military and economic aid to Cambodia, including an immediate $20 million grant. Many thousands of Chinese ... relations between the countries deteriorated and the United States initiated an economic blockade of Cambodia in 1956. ...
Human Resources Development Research Center, Kathmandu. *^ Hofer, Andras (1979). The Caste Hierarchy and the State of Nepal: A ... They also influenced social reform movements and economic thinking in India. ... Elst, Koenraad (2001). Decolonizing the Hindu mind: ideological development of Hindu revivalism. Rupa & Co. ISBN 9788171675197 ... Another prominent development was the formation of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), an organisation of Hindu religious leaders ...
This economic policy related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.. *v ...
Great American Economic Revival Industry Groups (United States). *Coronavirus Tech Handbook. *Inter-Agency Task Force for the ... COVID-19 drug development. *COVID-19 drug repurposing research. E. *Exposure to COVID-19 ...
Decades of development as language of literature, including poetry and essays for all levels of education. Growing sense of ... poetic and economic pressures that (still) define the professional practice of translation. ... The resolution of hiatus formed by oral vowels had similar developments, most notably those derived from the loss of /l/, which ...
X-Efficiency", American Economic Review, 56 (3): 392-415. *^ Burger, Jerry M. (1908), "Replicating Milgram: Would People Still ... Sen, Amartya K. (1999). Development as Freedom. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0375406190.. ... McKenna, Joseph P. (1960), "The Failure of the "New Economics"", The American Economic Review, 50 (1): 188-190. External link ... Bronfenbrenner, Martin (1955), "Two Concepts of Economic Freedom", Ethics, 65 (3). Text "pp.157--170" ignored (help); External ...
List of political parties in China
Financial & Economic Affairs Commission Director: Xi Jinping. Deputy Director: Li Keqiang. Office Chief: Liu He ... Scientific Outlook on Development. Harmonious Socialist Society. *Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics ...
1979) . Anatomy of the Dicotyledons: Leaves, stem and wood in relation to taxonomy, with notes on economic uses. 2 vols ( ... Leaf developmentEdit. According to Agnes Arber's partial-shoot theory of the leaf, leaves are partial shoots, being derived ... Rudall, Paula J. (2007). Anatomy of flowering plants: an introduction to structure and development (3rd ed.). Cambridge: ... Early in development they are dorsiventrally flattened with both dorsal and ventral surfaces. Compound leaves are closer to ...
Sharma, S.R.; Singh, P.K.; Chable, V. Tripathi, S.K. (2004). "A review of hybrid cauliflower development". Journal of New Seeds ... Swarup, V.; Chatterjee, S.S. (1972). "Origin and genetic improvement of Indian cauliflower". Economic Botany. 26 (4): 381-393. ...
National Bureau of Economic Research: 22899. doi:10.3386/w22899.. *^ a b Goodman-Bacon, Andrew (February 2018). "Public ... History of Medicaid in an interactive timeline of key developments.. *Coverage By State - Information on state health coverage ... National Bureau of Economic Research: 25488. doi:10.3386/w25488.. *^ Galewitz, Phil (June 19, 2019). "Arkansas' Medicaid work ... National Bureau of Economic Research: 24002. doi:10.3386/w24002.. *^ Zewde, Naomi; Wimer, Christopher (January 2019). " ...
Mędykowski, Witold Wojciech (2018). Macht Arbeit Frei?: German Economic Policy and Forced Labor of Jews in the General ... The Development of the Final Solution-lecture from Dr. Havi Dreifuss, Yad Vashem ... as bringing together three separate developments within the Third Reich: the concentration camps which had been established in ... "The Development of the Gas-Van in the Murdering of the Jews". The Final Solution. Jewish Virtual Library. "Die Entwicklung der ...
Webster (village), New York
The Mayor is a member of the Webster Community Coalition for Economic Development (WCCED) Board of Directors (http://www.wcced. ... Substantial residential development has continued to the present. As a consequence, the agricultural industry that made the ... At the beginning of the 1900s, several events significantly influenced the development of the village and its downtown core. ... 3 Arthur Reed, Materials prepared for development study, 1965. *4 National Trust for Historic Preservation, "What Happened to ...
Unisex public toilet
"Economic and Political Weekly. 54 (18).. *^ Crowell, Todd (October 3, 2016). "Why Japanese businesses are embracing the LGBT ... The theory is that the development was a reflection of women's shift and growth in society, i.e. after women entered the ... used part of the Parliamentarian Development Fund to build the first two unisex toilets in Nepalganj, one of which is in ... while promoting better hygiene and economic efficiency for men/boys at work/school and elsewhere. ...
Government performance auditing
It is a non-governmental organisation with special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the ... For more than 50 years it has provided an institutionalised framework for supreme audit institutions to promote development and ... are a guarantee that government auditing continuously progresses with new developments. INTOSAI is an autonomous, independent ...
Atascadero State Hospital
David Saunders MD led the development of a forensic psychiatry fellowship, affiliated with UCSF-Fresno and UCLA. Harold Carmel ... "Atascadero Chamber of Commerce - Economic Profile". atascaderochamber.org. Retrieved April 2, 2016. "Teaching the nonverbal ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: R11 - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, and Changes. JEL: R12 - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional ... JEL: Q32 - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development. JEL: Q34 - Natural Resources and Domestic and International ... JEL: P5 - Comparative Economic Systems JEL: P50 - Geral. JEL: P51 - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems. JEL: P52 - ... JEL: F02 - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations •Economic Integration and Globalization: ...
"Barnacles: Structure, Function, Development and Evolution. Springer. pp. 197-246. ISBN 978-0-412-44420-3. .. ... Barnacles are of economic consequence, as they often attach themselves to synthetic structures, sometimes to the structure's ... Molares, José; Freire, Juan (December 2003). "Development and perspectives for community-based management of the goose barnacle ... Development. 38 (5): 361-375. doi:10.1016/j.asd.2009.04.002. PMID 19376268.. ...
Committee on Electricity in Economic Growth (1986). Electricity in Economic Growth. Washington, DC: National Academies Press. ... Developments in historic times, including the printing press, the telephone, and the Internet, have lessened physical barriers ... The simplest form of technology is the development and use of basic tools. The prehistoric discovery of how to control fire and ... The development of technology may draw upon many fields of knowledge, including scientific, engineering, mathematical, ...
Obnoviteľný zdroj energie - Wikipédia
Sustainable Development Committee (2007). Sustainable Energy in our public schools. *↑ Potentials and costs for renewable ... Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency: Economic Drivers for the 21st Century [online]. American Solar Energy Society, [cit. ... Viacej pod pojmom renewable energy development. Referencie[upraviť , upraviť kód]. *↑ (EN)Renewables 2007 Global Status Report ...
Economic development - Wikipedia
Economic development is a wider concept and has qualitative dimensions. Economic development implies economic growth plus ... Daphne Greenwood and Richard Holt distinguish economic development from economic growth on the basis that economic development ... In the economic study of the public sector, economic and social development is the process by which the economic well-being and ... Generally, economic development policies attempt to solve issues in these topics. With this in mind, economic development is ...
Community economic development - Wikipedia
Economic Development, or Community Economic Development is recommended. The annual median salary for a Community Economic ... Community economic development is an alternative to conventional economic development. Its central tenet is that: "... problems ... The most significant aspect of community economic development, aside from the fact that it focuses on economic development in ... dynamic role in economic development processes and that community development will contribute to sustained economic development ...
Geography and Economic Development
... John Luke Gallup, Jeffrey D. Sachs, Andrew D. Mellinger. NBER Working Paper No. 6849. ... New Developments in Long-Term Asset Management. Public Policies in Canada and the United States. Entrepreneurship and Economic ... Developments in the European Economy. Energy. Entrepreneurship. Immigration and Innovation. Inequality. International Capital ... National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138; 617-868-3900; email: [email protected] Contact ...
Committee for Economic Development of Australia - Wikipedia
The Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA) is a bipartisan, non-profit, national, independent, member-based ... It was modelled on the US CED (Committee for Economic Development), but is now organised along lines more similar to the US ... Its expressed aim is to "promote national economic development in a sustainable and socially balanced way." Sydney Morning ... The publication advocates for future development of nuclear power in Australia and its authors are Barry Brook, Tony Irwin, ...
Mobile broadband drives economic development - Ericsson
The economic effect gradually decreases over time. Based on our econometric results this implies that for the country with ... median average growth of mobile broadband penetration, the economic effect has disappeared six years after introduction. ... Mobile broadband drives economic development. On average, a 10% increase in mobile broadband adoption causes an initial 0.8 ... Is mobile broadband important for economic development?. Throughout history, new technology has always been an important driver ...
Geography and Economic Development
When we identify geographical regions that are not conducive to modern economic growth, we find that many of these regions have ... We investigate the ways in which geography may matter directly for growth, controlling for economic policies and institutions, ... Furthermore, geography seems to be a factor in the choice of economic policy itself. ... Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General. *O13 - Economic ...
Innovation and Economic Development
Is innovation important for development? And if so, how? One popular perception of innovation, that one meets in media every ... "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, ... O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages ... O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; ...
Development and Economic Policy
... Background. *Historically speaking, Indonesia economic development policy has marked a big ... Now in the modern era the main feature of Indonesia economic development is decentralisation from central to sub-national level ... On the other hand, development of big scale economic infrastructures as well as basic social services needs much larger ... Inequality and imbalance of local development has its incentives or positive side for development too: as it might be a ...
Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED Programme) - OECD
Regions and CitiesLocal Economic and Employment Development (LEED Programme) Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED ... 20 December 2017, Trento: Euregio Museum Day 2017: Museums & Local Development. *5 December 2017, Trento: Seminar on Fostering ... 1-3 June 2018, Trento: OECD sessions on Local Development and Spatial Productivity at the 13th Trento Festival of Economics ... 15-26 July 2019, Trento: International Summer School for community and local development in Latin America and the Caribbean - ...
Ministerial - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Economic Growth - Page 2 - United Nations Sustainable Development
Sustainable Development Goals Report. *Financing for Development*UN Secretary-Generals Strategy for Financing the 2030 Agenda ... The socio-economic response framework consists of five streams of work:. *Ensuring that essential health services are still ... In April 2020, the United Nations released a framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19, as a roadmap to ... Sustained and inclusive economic growth can drive progress, create decent jobs for all and improve living standards. ...
The Economic Development of China - Scientific American
Insurance Sector Development & Economic Growth in Malaysia
To investigate the link between the insurance sector development and economic growth of Malaysia and to fill a gap in the ... Does the development of the sector help economic growth? How does the sector development influence economic growth? Should ... whether the development of the sector help economic growth To know how the sector development give impacts towards economic ... Economic Growth in Malaysia * 1. According to the finance-growth nexus theory, financial development promotes economic growth ...
Environmental and economic development in Newark, NJ
A green city promotes economic development by providing an environmental friendly framework that encourages new trends that ... Environmental and economic development in Newark, NJ * 1. CONTENTS PAGE INTRODUCTION- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT 3 CAUSES/ ACTIVITIES ... 3. INTRODUCTION Economic Development A green city promotes economic development by providing an environmental friendly ... ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT VS EFFECTS OF ... by koketso Kanekane 540 views * 10 Key Trends for Economic Developm... by GIS Planning ...
Economic Development of Pakistan - Sardar Mohammad Akhtar - Google Books
Economic Development of Pakistan, Part 1. Economic Development of Pakistan, Sardar Mohammad Akhtar. ... crore developed countries development expenditure domestic resources East economic development economic growth economic surplus ... Development_of_Pakistan.html?id=DAUKAQAAIAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareEconomic Development of Pakistan. ... Publishers United, 1978 - Economic history - 310 pages. 0 Reviewshttps://books.google.com/books/about/Economic_Development_of_ ...
Rule of Law and Economic Development - McGill University
Rule of Law and Economic Development: A Comparative Approach Towards Sustainable Economic Growth Across the BRICs. [.pdf]. ( ... Report Release: "Rule of Law and Economic Development: A Comparative Approach Towards Sustainable Economic Growth Across the ... "Rule of Law and Economic Development: A Comparative Approach Towards Sustainable Economic Growth Across the BRICs." [.pdf]. We ... Rule of Law and Economic Development. Chancellor Day Hall. 3644 Peel Street. Montreal, Quebec H3A 1W9 CANADA. Email: [email protected] ...
Part 4: Socio-economic aspects of sustainable development
... Agricultural policy Agrarian reform and rural development. Food ... Agrarian reform and rural development. Rural developmentprogrammes of FAO are designed to reach the rural poor. A young farmer ... Since human resource development is a prerequisite for sustainable development it has received special attention in many FAO ... integration of women in rural development;. - development of non-farm rural activities;. - peoples participation; and. - ...
Tourism and Economic Development: Evidence from Mexico's Coastline
"Tourism and Economic Development: Evidence from Mexicos Coastline," American Economic Review, vol 109(6), pages 2245-2293. ... Tourism and Economic Development: Evidence from Mexicos Coastline. Benjamin Faber, Cecile Gaubert. NBER Working Paper No. ... New Developments in Long-Term Asset Management. Public Policies in Canada and the United States. Entrepreneurship and Economic ... NBER Program(s):Development Economics, International Trade and Investment Tourism is a fast-growing services sector in ...
Translational Research and Economic Development | NSU
Economic Development Administration Volunteer Opportunities - VolunteerMatch
Find Economic Development Administration volunteering opportunities at VolunteerMatch! ... Economic Development Administration Economic Development Administration Mission Statement. EDAs Mission is to lead the federal ... As the only federal government agency focused exclusively on economic development, the U.S. Department of Commerces Economic ... Guided by the basic principle that communities must be empowered to develop and implement their own economic development and ...
Gabon Economic Outlook - African Development Bank
Economic performance and outlook. Economic growth continued despite the fall in oil prices, reaching 2.1% in 2016; however, it ... In January 2017, authorities approved an economic revitalization plan to address the current economic crisis by containing ... as well as through budgetary support from the African Development Bank, the World Bank, and the French Development Agency. ... Limited economic diversification remains a major constraint and prevents gains from higher exports in non-oil sectors. Despite ...
Nigeria Economic Outlook - African Development Bank
Economic performance and prospects. The economy continued to show signs of recovery from the 2016 recession. GDP growth was ... National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS). *Gender, Poverty and Environmental Indicators on African Countries ... Faithful implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (2017-20) holds the promise of weaning the country off its ...
Economic Development & Commerce | NCAI
Economic Development & Commerce. Economic Development & Commerce. Released in conjunction with the 2013 State of Indian Nations ... to stimulate and implement innovative economic policy and to remove barriers to economic development. Honoring tribes as ... Investments in Native economic development and job creation bring benefits to tribal nations and the nation as a whole. ... However, new forms of economic development and commerce present substantial opportunities to contribute to emerging Native ...
Economic Development [Mackinac Center]
What Economic Development Transparency Should Look Like By James M. Hohman and Eric S. Mosher, published on Jan. 9, 2014 ... How to Improve Economic Development Transparency By James M. Hohman, published on Sept. 23, 2015 ... Calls to Expand Michigans Economic Development Programs Fall Short By James M. Hohman, published on July 27, 2016 ... Mackinac Center Director of Research to Debate Lansing Mayor on Economic Development Published on Aug. 19, 2015 ...
SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT OF SMALLHOLDER IRRIGATION DEVELOPMENT IN ZIMBABWE
An analysis of economic and institutional factors affecting irrigation development in communal lands of Zimbabwe. Thesis ... Assessment of the socio-economic impact of smallholder irrigation development on smallholder farmers in Zimbabwe: A report ... An economic analysis and appraisal of Chilonga rrigation scheme in Matibi Tribal Trust Land. Economics and Marketing Branch, ... Smallholder irrigation and poultry development in Zimbabwe: A brief general overview. A paper prepared by R.J. Chitsiko for the ...
Econometric foundations | Economic development and growth | Cambridge University Press
Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development | Mass.gov
The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development promotes vibrant communities, growing businesses, and a strong middle ... Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development * I want to... Find a service or task * Housing and Economic Development ... Related organizations to Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development. * Housing and Community Development ... The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, led by Secretary Mike Kennealy, prioritizes economic opportunity for ...
WHITEHAVEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION Volunteer Opportunities - VolunteerMatch
Find WHITEHAVEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION volunteering opportunities at VolunteerMatch! ... WHITEHAVEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION WHITEHAVEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION Mission Statement. To build broad based ... The Whitehaven Economic Development Corporation is a 25 year old economic and community development organization in the ... and strengthen the communitys economic base by creating opportunities through residential and commercial development Read more ...
Factors of Economic Development - 1163 Words | Bartleby
These actions lead to improved standards of living as well as the economic health within a specified area either in the local, ... Economic Sustainability And Economic Development. 1913 Words , 8 Pages * Economic Development And Economic Growth. 1664 Words ... Economic Growth And Economic Development. 1177 Words , 5 Pages Economic growth and Economic Development is of the highest ... Economic Growth And Economic Development. 1328 Words , 6 Pages Economic growth is an economic term to describe an increase in a ...
Agriculture and economic development in Louisiana (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
Agriculture and economic development in Louisiana. [Thomas A Becnel; University of Southwestern Louisiana. Center for Louisiana ... Agriculture and economic development in Louisiana. Author:. Thomas A Becnel; University of Southwestern Louisiana. Center for ... schema:name "Agriculture and economic development in Louisiana"@en ;. schema:productID "38950085" ;. schema:publication
economic development in Louisiana." ;. schema:description "Online version:" ;. schema:isSimilarTo < ...
Growth203020202019InequalityWorkforceCountry'sEconomicsOrganizationState'sPoverty2018InnovationCooperationSustainabilityEnvironmentalApproachesUnemploymentEconomy2017GoalsSocioeconomic developmentGovernanceInequalitiesSustainable economicSocialContentImplementationRevitalizationResearch2021Socio-economicInitiativesStrengthenIndia'sEffortsProductivityPolicyIncentivesAgricultureImplementInfrastructureFrameworkLocalInclusiveMainStateGlobalGeographyOrganizationsCountryProsperityIndiaModernizationPartnershipEnvironmentallyFocusesOfficialsAgricultural DevelopmentSectorsQualitativeEconometric
- Economists primarily focus on the growth aspect and the economy at large, whereas researchers of community economic development concern themselves with socioeconomic development as well. (wikipedia.org)
- The precise definition of economic development has been contested: while economists in the 20th century viewed development primarily in terms of economic growth, sociologists instead emphasized broader processes of change and modernization. (wikipedia.org)
- Daphne Greenwood and Richard Holt distinguish economic development from economic growth on the basis that economic development is a "broadly based and sustainable increase in the overall standard of living for individuals within a community", and measures of growth such as per capita income do not necessarily correlate with improvements in quality of life. (wikipedia.org)
- Economic development implies economic growth plus progressive changes in certain important variables which determine well-being of the people,e.g: health, education. (wikipedia.org)
- Mansell and Wehn also state that economic development has been understood by non-practitioners since the World War II to involve economic growth, namely the increases in per capita income, and (if currently absent) the attainment of a standard of living equivalent to that of industrialized countries. (wikipedia.org)
- For example, neighborhood business organizations target growth in specific commercial areas by lobbying government authorities for special tax rates and real estate developments. (wikipedia.org)
- In Asia for the last 60 years the Asian Foundation has supported Asian initiatives to foster inclusive economic growth and broaden economic opportunities. (wikipedia.org)
- The Foundation designs and implements economic programs in three core areas business environments for private sector growth, Entrepreneurship Development and Regional Economic Cooperation. (wikipedia.org)
- We investigate the ways in which geography may matter directly for growth, controlling for economic policies and institutions, as well as the effects of geography on policy choices and institutions. (nber.org)
- When we identify geographical regions that are not conducive to modern economic growth, we find that many of these regions have high population density and rapid population increase. (nber.org)
- Based on our econometric results this implies that for the country with median average growth of mobile broadband penetration, the economic effect has disappeared six years after introduction. (ericsson.com)
- Strong economic growth has made it easier for both the public and private sectors to invest in mobile broadband since 2001. (ericsson.com)
- Therefore, this study investigates the possible connection between mobile broadband and economic growth using two different approaches. (ericsson.com)
- Climate and Scale in Economic Growth ," CID Working Papers 48A, Center for International Development at Harvard University. (repec.org)
- Climate And Scale In Economic Growth ," Miscellaneous Papers 11845, Agecon Search. (repec.org)
- Climate and scale in economic growth ," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-13, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford. (repec.org)
- In this respect, we will continue to work closely with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the International Labour Organisation (ILO) to implement the recommendations of the UN High‑Level Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth, including the establishment of a new platform on health workforce international mobility. (oecd.org)
- Sustained and inclusive economic growth can drive progress, create decent jobs for all and improve living standards. (un.org)
- Now, the economic and financial shocks associated with COVID-19-such as disruptions to industrial production, falling commodity prices, financial market volatility, and rising insecurity-are derailing the already tepid economic growth and compounding heightened risks from other factors. (un.org)
- To investigate the link between the insurance sector development and economic growth of Malaysia and to fill a gap in the current finance-growth nexus. (slideshare.net)
- Environmental sustainability can best spur regional development and economic growth by creating green jobs through retrofitting buildings in using renewable energy, cleaning-up and reinvesting in brownfield sites to create green space for mix-used communities, and to strengthen the public transportation infrastructure to bring commerce activity. (slideshare.net)
- This article posits that India's plans to achieve the millennium development goals by the end of their term in 2015 faltered because reforms designed to alleviate poverty and achieve equitable growth did not adequately address weaknesses in institutions of accountability, which undermined the reform agenda. (mcgill.ca)
- EDA's Mission is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. (volunteermatch.org)
- In January 2017, authorities approved an economic revitalization plan to address the current economic crisis by containing macroeconomic and budgetary imbalances and stimulating growth. (afdb.org)
- In combination with the accumulation of arrears, the decrease in public investment has hindered economic growth, job creation, and the nonoil sector. (afdb.org)
- Faithful implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (2017-20) holds the promise of weaning the country off its dependence on oil. (afdb.org)
- To put it simply, without Randy, there is no Tennessee Promise or Drive to 55 or a comprehensive approach to job growth via workforce development," Haslam said. (bizjournals.com)
- I will miss his energy, passion and deep commitment to bringing economic growth and success to every corner of the state, and I am grateful for everything he has done for Tennessee. (bizjournals.com)
- The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, led by Secretary Mike Kennealy , prioritizes economic opportunity for residents, collaborative leadership in communities, and an environment that supports job creation and business growth. (mass.gov)
- In Asia, the economic growth has been phenomenal and the deepening of economic integration and larger trade volumes have led to both developed and developing nations to experience steady economic growth, especially at 10.1% in 2007 (ADB, 2015). (bartleby.com)
- Nevertheless, especially with China's economic slowdown, the Asian region is facing problems such as decrease in labor force, labor productivity, and overall trade growth (ADB Report, 2015). (bartleby.com)
- Economic development has the potential to transform regions as it creates an enabling environment for economic growth. (bartleby.com)
- The extent of economic growth depends on the type of the additional products that the economy produces from its investment projects. (bartleby.com)
- Economic growth refers to an increase in the capacity for an economy to produce goods and services as compared from one period of time to another. (bartleby.com)
- Excessive income inequality is unfair and undesirable on ethical grounds and can bring adverse effects on economic growth, health outcomes, social cohesion, and crime. (worldcat.org)
- They contribute substantially to the fact that at least one-half of America's economic growth can be attributed to scientific and technological innovation. (brookings.edu)
- Innovation is key to increasing economic growth and wages in the moderate to long run. (brookings.edu)
- After seven years of growth following the end of the Great Recession and after over 70 straight months of employment growth, there is a case to be made that the country has rebounded and the main thrust of economic policy should focus on those who have been left behind. (brookings.edu)
- In this presentation, the OECD's Director for Trade and Agriculture highlighted how trade policy, as one element of a wider economic policy agenda, can help countries exit the low-growth trap. (oecd.org)
- Economic growth is a fundamental requirement for the development of a country. (giz.de)
- We advise on economic policy and work with our partners to develop solutions for private sector promotion, and local, poverty-oriented financial systems to give everyone an opportunity to share the benefits of economic growth. (giz.de)
- We realise that economic growth is created by people. (giz.de)
- German development cooperation focuses on the quality of economic growth. (giz.de)
- Green" growth requires new economic structures. (giz.de)
- The Iowa Economic Development Authority has scheduled five regional application workshops for its Community Catalyst Building Remediation Program, which provides grants for the redevelopment, rehabilitation or deconstruction of buildings to stimulate economic growth or reinvestment, according to a release. (businessrecord.com)
- Putting job creation at the heart of economic policy-making and development plans, will not only generate decent work opportunities but also more robust, inclusive and poverty-reducing growth. (ilo.org)
- Cities need to be intentional about targeting their economic development programs at the people and communities that are increasingly distant from the growth sectors of their local and regional economies. (nlc.org)
- When cities instead invest in making economies more equitable from the bottom up, or from the middle class out, economic growth is likely to be better for all residents, and that growth is more likely to be sustained over longer periods of times. (nlc.org)
- Through leadership development, technical assistance, peer learning and sharing best practices, the fellowship provides city leaders with insights and tools to make equity, transparency, sustainability, innovation and community engagement driving forces for how they conduct economic development and bring an intentional focus on communities that have been historically disconnected from economic growth and prosperity. (nlc.org)
- Small and medium entrepreneurs, their employees, and citizens will benefit from inclusive economic growth and equitable employment generation. (admin.ch)
- Rural Development has invested nearly $91 billion since 2001 for equity and technical assistance to finance and foster growth in homeownership, business development, and critical community and technology infrastructure. (webwire.com)
- Government leaders and political elites justify the low natural gas export prices as necessary to promote economic growth, pointing to the unyielding benefits of overall trade and foreign investments as an illustration of the positive impact that such low prices have on the economy. (coha.org)
- Nevertheless, the dilatory and seemingly unconcerned attitude on the part of Peruvian government officials demonstrates their unwillingness to take a more comprehensive view of the nation's prospective economic growth, and its potentially critical social, economic, and environmental impact on the state. (coha.org)
- Tessa Conroy, Economic Development Specialist at UW-Madison and UW-Extension, discusses the links between entrepreneurship and job growth, income growth, poverty reduction, innovation and regional stability. (wpt.org)
- What we learn is that if we are able to address the impediment in the labor market, for instance, it is going to enhance not only social-economic opportunities of women, but it is going to enhance the growth opportunities for African countries. (voanews.com)
- Through the Board Strategic Plan and the Regional Growth Strategy, the RDN Board of Directors has emphasized the importance of sustainable economic development and local economic resilience to the long-term well-being of the Region. (rdn.bc.ca)
- In the project regions of Andijan, Surkhandarja, Khorezm and Karakalpakstan, conditions have improved for broad-based and environmentally sound economic growth. (giz.de)
- In a new study , we propose a framework for developing countries to evaluate policy choices that can raise long-term growth, mobilize more revenue, and attract private investments to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. (weforum.org)
- We focus on investment in social development and physical capital in five areas at the core of sustainable and inclusive growth-health, education, roads, electricity, and water and sanitation. (weforum.org)
- He has succeeded in every aspect of the post, fostering the economic growth and development that is the 'rising tide that lifts all boats. (deseretnews.com)
- In the last six years, more than 1 million rural households have benefited from USAID assistance in agriculture and economic growth. (usaid.gov)
- USAID/Pakistan's economic growth projects emphasize private sector development, especially by increasing access to new technologies while improving management practices for high-value sectors such as dairy, textiles, and agribusinesses. (usaid.gov)
- Pakistan's agriculture sector employs more than 40 percent of the nation's workforce and is a key driver of the country's economic growth. (usaid.gov)
- An international economic agency said Monday that the kind of infrastructure spending promised by U.S. President-elect Donald Trump could boost global growth, but warned that protectionist tendencies hurt prosperity. (journalrecord.com)
- A Paris-based international group is forecasting that the U.S. economic expansion, celebrating its seventh birthday this month, should remain on track over the next two years with growth strengthening in 2017. (journalrecord.com)
- Your top talent powers your organization's growth both during and after an economic downturn, and you need to ensure they have the skills and competencies to survive and thrive. (ccl.org)
- USDA-projected longrun developments for global agriculture reflect steady world economic growth and continued demand for biofuels, which combine to support increases in consumption, trade, and prices. (usda.gov)
- Collaborative state economic development agendas may be better able to support businesses in locations where economic growth is not happening quickly enough. (areadevelopment.com)
- Economists predict that slow economic growth, high unemployment, and stagnant incomes for a majority of Americans will be the economic norm for at least the next several years. (areadevelopment.com)
- With a weak labor market, uneven commercial real estate market, and projections of slow to modest economic growth for years to come, there is little reason to believe that the next few years will look a whole lot different from the past couple of years in terms of corporate relocation, foreign direct investment, or economic development. (areadevelopment.com)
- Economic development programs that target a broader swath of companies, focus more on collaboration rather than competition, and concentrate benefits on the people and places where they are most needed will be better able to support businesses and communities in locations where economic growth is not happening quickly enough. (areadevelopment.com)
- One of the most pronounced post-recession economic development trends has been the explosive growth in the interstate competition for jobs. (areadevelopment.com)
- Economic growth naturally produces higher average earnings, more advanced and stable infrastructure, and better educational opportunities. (wisegeek.com)
- Expanding agricultural growth to include an entire county, state, or other region then begins to impact economic conditions at the national level. (wisegeek.com)
- What is the difference between economic development and economic growth? (groco.com)
- Henry: I think in general terms, economic growth is almost like of the, the natural process of your economic development in a certain region or defined areas. (groco.com)
- Donna Barnett is a proven champion for rural development who will strengthen our cabinet team as B.C. leads the country in economic growth and jobs, and as we work together to put British Columbians first," Clark said in a statement. (vancouversun.com)
- Professor Nandini Ramanujam, Nicholas Caivano, BCL/LLB'14, and Alexander Agnello, BCL/LLB'19, have published " Distributive Justice and the Sustainable Development Goals: Delivering Agenda 2030 in India " in Law and Development Review , Vol. 12, no. 2, 2019. (mcgill.ca)
- As India shifts its attention to Agenda 2030, its renewed commitment to institutional reforms represents an occasion for the state to address the inequalities in income and the resulting human development concerns. (mcgill.ca)
- The second Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 2) aims to end all forms of hunger and malnutrition by 2030 and ensure that people have access to sufficient and nutritious food at all times. (mcgill.ca)
- The segment will look at key elements of the response to the 2016 Resolution on the Quadrennial Comprehensive Policy Review, including the reports of the Secretary-General on repositioning of the UN development system in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and the 2018 report of the Secretary-General on QCPR implementation. (un.org)
- These objectives were anchored by the Millennium Development Goals and 15 years later by the Sustainable Development Goals set out for 2030. (weforum.org)
- But even before the pandemic, many countries were not on track to meet the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. (weforum.org)
- These countries will, on average, need additional annual financing of over 14 percent of GDP to meet the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, some 2½ percentage points per year above the pre-pandemic level. (weforum.org)
- Cambodia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Rwanda will need additional annual financing to reach the sustainable development goals by 2030. (weforum.org)
- Thanks to a global effort combining millions of changemakers, real progress has been made with India following a holistic approach towards achieving its 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targets through the launch of various initiatives. (indiatimes.com)
- In April 2020, the United Nations released a framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19 , as a roadmap to support countries' path to social and economic recovery. (un.org)
- Development Service in 2020 due to the economic uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. (rdn.bc.ca)
- En février 2020, le président a remporté à nouveau les élections présidentielles disputées et a ainsi consolidé son pouvoir, assisté par l'armée fidèle et les services de sécurité. (ssrn.com)
- Iowa Workforce Development officials announced that the unemployment tax rate table will remain unchanged for 2019. (businessrecord.com)
- On July 23, 2019, the RDN Board received a report entitled Update on Regional Economic Development Review , which is linked below. (rdn.bc.ca)
- Les réformes constitutionnelles et institutionnelles controversées votées en mai 2019 au Parlement ont ouvert la voie au président Gnassingbé pour se présenter pour un quatrième et un cinquième mandat parce que la loi ne s'applique pas rétroactivement. (ssrn.com)
- In 2015, CEDA's research program will look at retirement income policy, the economic cost of inequality, and Australia's future workforce through the lens of digital disruption. (wikipedia.org)
- At this stage, although we believe that decentralisation is the best way to manage development of a country of the size like Indonesia, it is of importance to note that it has some unintended consequence, the most pressing example being: greater inequality between regions. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Inequality and imbalance of local development has its incentives or positive side for development too: as it might be a reflection of different local/regional capability to innovate. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Our work examines institutional development, corruption, governance and electronic governance, inequality, and access to justice in countries around the world. (mcgill.ca)
- Inequality and economic development in Brazil. (worldcat.org)
- Income Inequality and Capitalist Development: A Marxist Perspective 11. (routledge.com)
- It estimates total economic losses due to gender inequality in the labor market in 2014 cost the region $105 billion, or six percent of its Gross Domestic Product. (voanews.com)
- Specifically, the EED Fellowship provides one year of technical assistance to a class of six cities to help them pursue more equitable and inclusive economic development policies and programs in traditionally underserved communities - those that have the highest levels of unemployment and the lowest levels of income and educational attainment, and represent the highest needs for job- and workforce-related programs in the city. (nlc.org)
- The participants in NLC's Equitable Economic Development Fellowship are tackling unemployment, low income levels, and workforce-related issues in their communities - but each city is employing different tactics. (nlc.org)
- Morehead, to form a collaborative called the Alliance to work on economic and workforce development issues. (campustechnology.com)
- He directed the Secretary of Labor to expand States' reemployment services and workforce development boards' job counseling for unemployment beneficiaries. (state.gov)
- The National Association of Workforce Boards represents over 500 local Workforce Development Boards across the country. (state.gov)
- Workforce Development Boards serve as the primary link between the U.S. Department of Labor, other federal and state agencies, education institutions, local elected officials, community organizations, and employers and the workforce. (state.gov)
- Ron Painter , president of the association, briefs media on how workforce development boards assist unemployed and under-employed Americans acquire skills and find placement in new employment during this time of economic recovery. (state.gov)
- He's the president of the National Association of Workforce Development Boards. (state.gov)
- Mr. Painter works with state and local workforce leaders to identify cutting-edge practices and programs and understand how best to spread innovative trends in human capital development through - excuse me - throughout the nation - our nationwide job training system. (state.gov)
- We are D.C.-based and we represent the nation's over 550 local business-led workforce development boards and a number of the state workforce boards as well. (state.gov)
- Workforce development has been a critical part of the U.S. federal policy and in support of the economy for over a century. (state.gov)
- Workforce development has a long history of integration with education dating back to 1862 when the - when what is called the Morrill Act was passed, which created the nation's land-grant university system. (state.gov)
- In the 1930s, workforce development was fundamental in FDR's - Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal to address the high unemployment caused by the Great Depression. (state.gov)
- workforce technology training and development, etc., and such other matters as may be referred. (malegislature.gov)
- The importance of an educated workforce to an economic recovery is getting more attention in the national press. (msbusiness.com)
- Communities that want to land a new economic development project should know that corporate decision makers look hard at the local workforce. (msbusiness.com)
- In rural counties that have no established quality workforce and no infrastructure to help industries be successful, it is more difficult to build an economic base. (msbusiness.com)
- Indian NGOs compiled their concerns about the country's uneven development in a 170-page report , which said that standards for measuring poverty were not consistent with international standards and did not follow a human rights approach. (ipsnews.net)
- The economic state of mind for many countries, and the actual status of the country's economic state don't always match up. (bigthink.com)
- We show that apart from its own institutions, the institutional quality in neighboring countries is also important for a country's economic development. (ssrn.com)
- Many institutions of higher education offer economic development as an area of study and research such as McGill University, London School of Economics, International Institute of Social Studies, Balsillie School of International Affairs, and the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs. (wikipedia.org)
- An aspect of "localizing economics," CED is a community-centered process that blends social and economic development to foster the economic, social, ecological and cultural well-being of communities. (wikipedia.org)
- The Economics of Climate Change (2014) - examines the economic impact of climate change for Australia, explores the responses of other nations and considers what policies will be most effective for Australia to mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change. (wikipedia.org)
- Innovation and Economic Development ," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation , Elsevier. (repec.org)
- SAGE is an international leading publisher of key journals and groundbreaking textbooks in economics and development studies. (sagepub.com)
- The Economic and Labour Relations Review publishes research that is country-specific or based on regional comparisons, or that analyses global trends, and aims to bring together research in economics and labour relations in a multi-disciplinary approach to policy questions. (sagepub.com)
- While students from a variety of academic backgrounds might be accepted into an economic development graduate program, some programs may require students to have earned credits in certain subjects (such as economics and certain types of math) with satisfactory grades prior to full admittance. (gradschools.com)
- This book, first published in 1984, examines the economics and political issues raised by foreign investment in mineral development. (tradebit.com)
- On the basis of this, investing in gender equality and women's empowerment is not only a human rights issue, but it is good economics and at the same time a development imperative," he said. (voanews.com)
- On our Economic Studies and Global Sustainable Development (BASc) you will apply your passion for Economics to answering the Big Questions of our time by studying it in combination with Global Sustainable Development (GSD). (warwick.ac.uk)
- Economics is at the core of Global Sustainable Development (GSD). (warwick.ac.uk)
- Put together, Economics and Global Sustainable Development encourages you to take a new perspective on our changing global economy. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Further relevant modules from within or outside of the School for Cross-faculty Studies (with a global sustainable development focus) totalling 30 CATS, and optional final year modules in Economics worth 30 CATS. (warwick.ac.uk)
- He was the first black professor at the London School of Economics, the first economic advisor to the democratic government of Ghana, and the first president of the Caribbean Development Bank. (ubs.com)
- African American Socio-Economic Development Incorporation (AASEDI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the uplifting, revitalization and rebuilding of the social, and economic landscape of the African American family in the North Charleston and surrounding communities. (idealist.org)
- The Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. (idealist.org)
- The complete package (text, accompanying CD-ROM, and electronic guide) provides relevance, clarity, and organization to those wishing to acquaint themselves with the principles and procedures for information processing and recovery from samples of economic data. (cambridge.org)
- The Whitehaven Economic Development Corporation is a 25 year old economic and community development organization in the community that is home to Elvis Presley's home, Graceland, and the North America's busiest cargo airport. (volunteermatch.org)
- In my city, we have a nonprofit organization called the Democracy Collaborative that is a national leader in equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. (nlc.org)
- A year ago, county leaders formed an economic development organization and hired its first economic developer, a 31-year-old male with previous experience as the assistant economic developer in a suburban county in the Atlanta area. (msbusiness.com)
- While such cuts can result in short-term expense savings, reducing training and development - especially leadership development - can have negative long-term effects for your organization. (ccl.org)
- As we move out of the immediate crisis and into the recovery, high-performing organizations know that retaining and developing leadership capacity remains their top talent challenge, and that continuing with their leadership development efforts will be crucial for not only weathering the current storm, but to the long-term success of the organization. (ccl.org)
- Boyd will step down at the end of this month as commissioner of the state's Department of Economic and Community Development, Gov. Bill Haslam has announced. (bizjournals.com)
- SALT LAKE CITY - After nearly five years of leading the state's economic development efforts, Spencer P. Eccles, the executive director of the Governor's Office of Economic Development, is leaving state government to return to the private sector. (deseretnews.com)
- Facilitate partnerships and build the capacity of our state's economic development network. (nd.gov)
- Understand the makeup of our state's economic development ecosystem. (nd.gov)
- However, in the US and several other countries, the concept of Community economic development emerged "in response to tenacious poverty and the need for affordable housing, good jobs, affordable health care and quality of life matters needed for human existence. (wikipedia.org)
- Perhaps the most important, cross-cutting problem is poverty, which afflicts billions of people and underlies most other development problems. (weforum.org)
- If India followed standards set by the 2012 Human Development Report, its poverty rate would be close to 55 percent of the population. (ipsnews.net)
- The economic impact of COVID-19 may have pushed 100 million people into extreme poverty. (weforum.org)
- Until recently, development progressed steadily, albeit unevenly, with measurable success in reducing poverty and child mortality. (weforum.org)
- ERS research in this topic area focuses on the economic, social, spatial, temporal, and demographic factors that affect the poverty status of rural residents. (usda.gov)
- His work on economic development, and theories about why some countries continue to in a cycle of poverty, challenged the thinking of the time. (ubs.com)
- In the year 2000, world leaders promised to halve extreme poverty by 2015 with a global plan called the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). (indiatimes.com)
- Pradhan H Prasad The author's analysis of data on agricultural development and the proportion of the rural population below the poverty line suggests that the adoption of the water-fertiliser-HYV technology has led to a decline in poverty, The decline is also associated with increase in agricultural and foodgrains production. (epw.in)
- The 2018 ECOSOC operational activities for development segment will take place from 27 February - 1 March 2018 at UN Headquarters in New York. (un.org)
- Is innovation important for development? (repec.org)
- In this broader perspective, innovation (the attempt to try out new or improved products, processes or ways to do things) is an aspect of most if not all economic activities. (repec.org)
- Innovation and Economic Development ," MERIT Working Papers 032, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT). (repec.org)
- Innovation and Economic Development ," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20090723, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo, revised Oct 2009. (repec.org)
- EDA's flexible programs and structure enable nimble operations and allow for innovation and responsiveness to changing economic needs and conditions faced by its local and state government partners. (volunteermatch.org)
- 1 But the increased complexity of technological innovation as well as the growing strength of America's economic competitors mean that it's no longer enough to simply fund scientific and engineering research and hope it gets translated into commercial results. (brookings.edu)
- This book explores the dynamics of global innovation networks and their implications for development. (tradebit.com)
- Innovation Corridor under development. (roanokeva.gov)
- The First Ministerial Meeting of the China-Pacific Island Countries Economic Development and Cooperation Forum is scheduled to open in Nadi, Fiji on Wednesday with the theme of "Promoting Cooperation for Common Development. (www.gov.cn)
- The two-day meeting is co-sponsored by the governments of the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Fiji Islands in order to further improve mutual understanding and expand trade and economic cooperation. (www.gov.cn)
- In recent years, China and Pacific island countries have enjoyed an ever-enhancing political mutual trust, more commercial and human exchanges and deepening economic and trade cooperation in various fields. (www.gov.cn)
- The Chinese government always actively encourages Chinese companies, in their "Go Global" efforts, to identify good cooperation projects, which can give full play to their advantages, in line with the economic features of Pacific island countries. (www.gov.cn)
- For the SDC, local economic development is not just an economic matter but a cooperative approach which provides an excellent tool for bringing together different interest groups to agree on local cooperation that can help create jobs and income, in addition to improving governance. (admin.ch)
- This book is a guide and inspiration for building worker co-operatives as well as co-operative economic development through inter-cooperation in any region in this country. (truthout.org)
- In short, VAWC's strategy involves worker co-op led development and regional co-operative economic development through inter-cooperation of all cooperatives in the area. (truthout.org)
- The 11th Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Ministerial Conference was held on 29-30 October 2012 in Wuhan, Hubei Province, People's Republic of China. (adb.org)
- In Nigeria CED is approached with a central focus on sustainability referred to as Sustainable Community Development. (wikipedia.org)
- This concept combines economic, social and environmental practices and policies that promote sustainability for future generations. (wikipedia.org)
- by the 1987 Brundtland Report (by The World Commission on Environment and Development) who defined and politicized the term 'sustainable development', 'sustainability' has since taken on numerous connotations. (bartleby.com)
- SEEDS (Sustainable Economic and Environmental Development Solutions) provides wrap-around project development, management and sustainability consulting services. (environmental-expert.com)
- This paper considers the methodological approaches to measuring the sustainability of development of socioecological and economic systems. (springer.com)
- It presents the results from assessing the sustainability of development of the Russian Federation in 2005-2011 using the suggested system of dynamic indicators, in which different private dynamic characteristics of the economic, ecological, and social development components are in a certain subordinate order. (springer.com)
- S. Matsakova, Customized Sustainability Indicators - A Tool for Assessing City Development. (springer.com)
- A green city promotes economic development by providing an environmental friendly framework that encourages new trends that will provide monetary and social investment into the city, which creates a healthy and sustainable community. (slideshare.net)
- Environmental conservation and economic development are not conflicting but can be mutually reinforcing, as environmentalists have prompted calls for 'environmentally sustainable' economic development. (slideshare.net)
- Some generate amazing economic, social, and environmental benefits per dollar spent. (weforum.org)
- In today's rapidly-changing demographic, social, environmental and economic environment, the need for equitable economic development programs is particularly urgent. (nlc.org)
- Given our modern-day concern for sustainable development, they might even have a bachelor's degree in a subject such as environmental science, architecture, or engineering and use their graduate program to specialize in economic development. (gradschools.com)
- SAN FRANCISCO, California, Nov 12 2017 (IPS) - As negotiators meet in Bonn to put together a deal to implement the Paris Agreement, John Holdren, a professor of environmental policy at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, stressed that economic development and climate change mitigation and adaptation are not 'either-or' but must be pursued together. (ipsnews.net)
- Meanwhile, your studies in GSD will empower you to consider the human and environmental implications of development. (warwick.ac.uk)
- While giving priority to historic challenges, it also reflects our evolving understanding of the social, economic and environmental linkages that define our lives. (indiatimes.com)
- Grants made under these programs are designed to leverage existing regional assets to support the implementation of economic development strategies that advance new ideas and creative approaches to advance economic prosperity in distressed communities. (volunteermatch.org)
- It provides an interdisciplinary forum for the publication of theoretical perspectives, research findings, case studies, policy analyses and normative critiques on the issues, problems and policies of both mainstream and alternative approaches to development. (sagepub.com)
- GIZ offers innovative approaches for exploiting the opportunities offered by digitalisation to promote sustainable development. (giz.de)
- The city of Cleveland is incorporating innovative approaches to economic development like the Evergreen Cooperative Initiative, a new model of equitable economic development that focuses on creating living wage jobs and asset building opportunities in six low-income neighborhoods. (nlc.org)
- These traditional approaches to economic development by local governments have not benefited all populations - and, in many cases, the policies and programs have particularly neglected or even shortchanged people of color, immigrants and low-income communities. (nlc.org)
- We see innovative approaches to economic development emerging in other cities nationwide to bring green job creation and neighborhood stabilization, and I'm very proud that the National League of Cities (NLC) is working to speed up the learning process in this area. (nlc.org)
- 3. (C) Arguing that the U.S.-Libya relationship needs "a common frame of reference", Jibril offered that the U.S. approaches relationships as economic and transactional, whereas Arab culture puts a premium on tribal ties in which gifts are given and expected, but not asked for or stipulated. (telegraph.co.uk)
- E. V. Boiko, Basic Approaches to Marking out Sustainable Development Indicators: the World and Domestic Experience. (springer.com)
- You'll critically analyse economic models and theories of sustainable development through quantitative and qualitative approaches. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Despite these strong job gains, the unemployment rate has flattened out this year after several years of sharp declines, thanks to welcome developments in labor force participation (figure 3) . (federalreserve.gov)
- Is unemployment indigenous to economic progress? (ubs.com)
- Mr. MacDonald, who returned to office in January after a four-year absence, has made economic development and the creation of jobs his administration's top priority in order to fight his reservation's 30-to-50 percent unemployment rate. (csmonitor.com)
- Economic development can also be considered as a static theory that documents the state of an economy at a certain time. (wikipedia.org)
- Beyond the immediate crisis response, the pandemic should be the impetus to sustain the gains and accelerate implementation of long-overdue measures to set the world on a more sustainable development path and make the global economy more resilient to future shocks. (un.org)
- Honoring tribes as governments and fully investing in modern infrastructure for Indian Country offers immense economic promise for tribes and the American economy. (ncai.org)
- Economic development can also be termed as the qualitative and quantitative changes that occur within an economy. (bartleby.com)
- Economic and Industrial Democracy is an international, quarterly published, peer reviewed journal that focuses on the study of initiatives designed to enhance the quality of working life through extending the democratic control of workers over the workplace and the economy. (sagepub.com)
- The new Estonian currency became the foundation for rational development of the economy. (countrystudies.us)
- It is a virtuous circle that is as good for the economy as it is for people and one that drives sustainable development. (ilo.org)
- The Northern Community Economic Development Service operates as a grant program, where the RDN Board contributes funding to eligible economic development initiatives that advance the Board's vision for a strong, thriving and creative local economy. (rdn.bc.ca)
- The economy dropped into recession due to the worldwide economic negative effects of the corona-crisis. (ssrn.com)
- Listen as former California Commissioner for Economic Development, Henry Yin addresses the answers to these questions and the pros and cons of letting the private sector develop the economy by themselves. (groco.com)
- The reforms are supported by the international community through a $655 million triennial agreement approved in June 2017 under the International Monetary Fund's Extended Credit Facility, as well as through budgetary support from the African Development Bank, the World Bank, and the French Development Agency. (afdb.org)
- In the economic study of the public sector, economic and social development is the process by which the economic well-being and quality of life of a nation, region, local community, or an individual are improved according to targeted goals and objectives. (wikipedia.org)
- The sustainable development goals (SDGs) present a real opportunity to direct India towards a path of equality and equity. (mcgill.ca)
- SDG 2 takes up where the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) left off, inviting multi-stakeholder collaboration to develop and implement policy recommendations and programming to ensure food security and nutrition for all. (mcgill.ca)
- Additional, targeted private and public capital is needed to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. (giz.de)
- GIZ promotes a fairer form of global trade that supports the Sustainable Development Goals. (giz.de)
- What are the smartest goals for sustainable development? (weforum.org)
- Through face-to-face and real-time interaction with classmates and professors, students may explore economic development's historical contexts, present-day applications, and future goals. (gradschools.com)
- To meet the Sustainable Development Goals, countries will need highly ambitious reform agendas, write four experts. (weforum.org)
- The current crisis has derailed progress toward basic development goals, as low-income developing countries must now balance urgent spending to protect lives and livelihoods with longer-term investments in health, education, physical infrastructure, and other essential needs. (weforum.org)
- In our paper, we develop a novel macroeconomic tool to help assess development financing strategies, including the financing of the Sustainable Development Goals. (weforum.org)
- Put differently, without increasing financing, COVID-19 may have delayed progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals by up to five years in the 4 countries. (weforum.org)
- T. V. Uskova, Theory and Methodology of Management of Sustainable Socioeconomic Development in a Region. (springer.com)
- Since enactment in the 1970s, the tools of self-governance have transformed economic systems in Indian Country and beyond. (ncai.org)
- Whether at the level of city, state, federal, or international governance, economic development is a "policy intervention endeavor" that influences communal health through public policy initiatives. (gradschools.com)
- Moreover, local economic development can also strengthen governance at national level. (admin.ch)
- This study addresses three questions: Why do inequalities matter for Brazil's development? (worldcat.org)
- Guided by the basic principle that communities must be empowered to develop and implement their own economic development and revitalization strategies, EDA works directly with local economic development officials to make grant investments that are well-defined, timely, and linked to a long-term, sustainable economic development strategy. (volunteermatch.org)
- Community economic development encourages using local resources in a way that enhances economic opportunities while improving social conditions in a sustainable way. (wikipedia.org)
- The Committee for Economic Development of Australia ( CEDA ) is a bipartisan , non-profit , national, independent, member-based organisation providing thought leadership and policy perspectives on the economic and social issues affecting Australia. (wikipedia.org)
- Having said that, it is noteworthy that several aspect of centrally development project has delivered pretty good results especially in terms of social infrastructure like health and education facilities via Project Inpres (Instruksi Presiden). (warwick.ac.uk)
- On the other hand, development of big scale economic infrastructures as well as basic social services needs much larger financial resources. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Permissive explanation to it is due to social (non-economic) objective the SOE has to perform therefore to some great extent social objective undermines economic objective. (warwick.ac.uk)
- The National Institute Economic Review is the peer-reviewed publication of the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, one of Britain`s oldest and most prestigious independent research organisations. (sagepub.com)
- The Journal of Developing Societies is a refereed international journal on development and social change not only in 'developing' countries but also the 'developed' societies of the world. (sagepub.com)
- Digitalisation is already having a substantial impact on social and economic prospects worldwide. (giz.de)
- Through their on-campus programs, economic development graduate students may pursue the knowledge they need to contribute to communities' social, political, and economic well-being. (gradschools.com)
- GENEVA - A new report finds economic and social discrimination against women is costing Africa more than $100 billion a year. (voanews.com)
- The U.N. Development Program's 2016 Africa Human Development Report argues closing the gender gap would be a boon for the Continent's economic and social prospects. (voanews.com)
- The report finds African women across the board are denied the same kind of economic, social and political opportunities men enjoy. (voanews.com)
- Times Strategic Solutions Limited , a global business intelligence initiative that is part of India's largest media conglomerate, The Times Group, together with The World We Want , a global social impact enterprise, have co-conceptualized The Economic Times SDGs Impact Summit - taking place on 16th November at Taj Palace, New Delhi . (indiatimes.com)
- To tackle the economic shock that Gabon has been experiencing since 2014, the government has committed to revitalization measures, including implementing budgetary adjustments, developing infrastructure, and promoting the private sector as a driver of economic diversification and transformation. (afdb.org)
- James Poterba is President of the National Bureau of Economic Research. (nber.org)
- Fractionalization ," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1959, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research. (repec.org)
- However several challenges remain and research is needed to investigate on how to go about the best direction of economic development. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Research on economic and finance field is expected to provide input or policy prescription on how to address this financial gap. (warwick.ac.uk)
- The Rule of Law and Economic Development Research Group (ROLED) engages with cutting-edge issues at the intersection of law and economic development. (mcgill.ca)
- The investments government and businesses make in basic and applied research and development (R&D) plant the seeds for the technologies, products, firms, and industries of tomorrow. (brookings.edu)
- It is the product of intentional human action, and, to have more of it, we must enact public policies that connect research and development investments to firms and inventors in the communities where they are located. (brookings.edu)
- As such, you'll likely learn how to examine academic research in the field and use that research to affect change in important areas of economic development. (gradschools.com)
- Continued development in Riverside Center in accordance with development plan including opening of the Carilion Clinic (2009) and opening of VTC medical school/research facility in 2010. (roanokeva.gov)
- According to Professor Holdren, the wafflers claim to favor research and development on better technologies so emissions reductions can be made more cheaply in the future, and further argue for accelerating economic progress in developing countries as the best way to reduce their vulnerability as well as counting on adaptation as needed. (ipsnews.net)
- Scientifically, climate change is a serious complex issue-it requires well-developed research systems especially on how it impacts different sectors of development, or at least in the spirit of the WCSJ2017 theme, to bridge science and societies . (ipsnews.net)
- U.S. Gross Domestic Product would be higher if research and development were treated as an investment. (nsf.gov)
- The project supports the training of research and teaching staff and enhances the capacities of the administration in the area of regional development. (giz.de)
- Data gathered in our latest research study with HR leaders benchmarks what organizations are spending on leadership development, how they intend to protect these budgets in an economic downturn, and ways they're optimizing leadership development spend to achieve the greatest impact. (ccl.org)
- As a follow-up to our research benchmarking the state of leadership development spending , we recently surveyed 300 HR leaders from both domestic and multinational organizations. (ccl.org)
- Our research found that the median overall budget for leadership development is approximately $350,000. (ccl.org)
- USDA's Economic Research Service: A Trusted Source for Farm Bill Research and Analysis. (usda.gov)
- Lewis counts as one of the few economists in the early fifties who placed the economic progress of poorer countries at the forefront of his research. (ubs.com)
- To explain cross-country income differences, research has recently focused on the so-called deep determinants of economic development, notably institutions and geography. (ssrn.com)
- Instead, I sought empirical evidence of potential, even if in nascent stages: the beginnings of a large scale, multi-dimensional company involving genetics and cloning, growing, research and development, processing, manufacturing, laboratory testing and systematic processes to determine whether Colombia was 'hype' invented by Canadian reverse merger specialists or justifiable fact. (benzinga.com)
- We are at a critical stage where we need all the financial resources we can get to effectively implement our NDC which is off course now in sync with the recently launched Seventh National Development Plan running up to 2021," he told delegates at a COP23 preparatory meeting. (ipsnews.net)
- La Suisse entend promouvoir des initiatives citoyennes faisant la promotion d'une culture de redevabilité des acteurs politiques auprès des communautés tout en formant les nouveaux élus locaux dans le cadre de la décentralisation. (admin.ch)
- Support initiatives to develop a technology zone in the downtown that permits mixed-use developments containing offices, residential and commercial/retail support services. (roanokeva.gov)
- DRI is researching the development of appropriate avenues to manage the market on a 24/7 basis to provide events, entertainment and activity to strengthen downtown. (roanokeva.gov)
- The first component aims to strengthen the inclusive, environmentally sound and market-based economic development of government institutions. (giz.de)
- India is already an important economic partner for the UK and as we move towards a post-Brexit future that relationship will only strengthen. (indiatimes.com)
- India's development process, which relies heavily on the exploitation of natural resources, has also displaced and dispossessed millions of tribal people throughout the country, said Prafulla Samantra, president of the People's Empowerment Movement. (ipsnews.net)
- India's economic powerhouses - sectors like IT and regions such as the South and the West - have succeeded in attracting capital from both leading Indian and global investors. (indiatimes.com)
- Canada's provincial governments have been encouraging and funding municipal economic development efforts for decades. (wikipedia.org)
- As the only federal government agency focused exclusively on economic development, the U.S. Department of Commerce's Economic Development Administration (EDA) plays a critical role in fostering regional economic development efforts in communities across the nation. (volunteermatch.org)
- Randy Boyd is stepping down as the man in charge of Tennessee's economic development efforts, capping a two-year tenure in which some key corporate names landed in Middle Tennessee or swelled their operations here. (bizjournals.com)
- Expand participation in regional economic development efforts. (roanokeva.gov)
- Rural counties need to concentrate efforts in these areas to increase their prospects at economic success. (msbusiness.com)
- Furthermore, geography seems to be a factor in the choice of economic policy itself. (nber.org)
- CEDA used its unique relationship with politicians, advocates and policy advisors to draw together practical and personal experience on successful economic reform in Australia. (wikipedia.org)
- Historically speaking, Indonesia economic development policy has marked a big transformation from blue print-centrally planned approach following the Rostovian stages of economic development in to more embracing the potential of market approach combining with protectionism in few sectors. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Scientific American maintains a strict policy of editorial independence in reporting developments in science to our readers. (scientificamerican.com)
- While each of the above represents an important role individually, they are closely linked, especially in the case of major policy and planning frameworks such as WCARRD, the Fishery Resources Management and Development Programme, the Tropical Forestry Action Programme, the World Soil Charter, the International Undertaking on Plant Genetic Resources and the International Code of Conduct on the Distribution Use of Pesticides. (fao.org)
- WCARRD principles have guided nearly all FAO policy and planning activities since 1979, but the ultimate test of success is whether the advice rendered did indeed contribute to the development of more efficient agriculture, improved nutrition for consumers and greater rural equity. (fao.org)
- It has established a credible industrial policy, including setting up special economic zones and attracting foreign direct investment. (afdb.org)
- NCAI is actively working with Indian Country to advocate for investments in tribal economies, to stimulate and implement innovative economic policy and to remove barriers to economic development. (ncai.org)
- A background paper prepared for the planning and water development as an input into the national irrigation policy. (fao.org)
- Each city in the program has also identified an economic development policy or program that they want to advance with a more equitable approach, and NLC, PolicyLink, and ULI deliver technical assistance to them on that project throughout the year. (nlc.org)
- Addressing science journalists a week before the Bonn climate talks, Professor Holdren said among climate change skeptics, "wafflers' are the most dangerous, because their arguments to postpone aggressive climate action now in favor of economic progress has the potential to increasingly influence debate and government policy. (ipsnews.net)
- USAID supports economic policy reforms that lead to an improved business environment. (usaid.gov)
- According to the Brookings Institution, states and localities spend $50 to $80 billion on tax breaks and incentives each year in the name of economic development despite a mountain of evidence showing that tax incentives produce mostly marginal returns. (nlc.org)
- As is now customary in the economic development world, there were discussions of incentives that would be offered to the company. (msbusiness.com)
- But whether the IRS steps in to impose some discipline or states simply find themselves fiscally exhausted by the competition, economic development programs that target more businesses and more workers, particularly those in distressed communities, will likely prove more effective at promoting real economic change than will the current reliance on incentives to chase one project after the next. (areadevelopment.com)
- THE SUCCESS OF AGRICULTURE in terms of increased production and sustained rural income depends to a very large extent on the development of appropriate government policies. (fao.org)
- Ministry of Lands, Agriculture and Water Development, Zimbabwe. (fao.org)
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture today announced the selection of 10 organizations in nine states for $5.8 million in loans to spur economic development. (webwire.com)
- What Is the Role of Agriculture in Economic Development? (wisegeek.com)
- When it comes to agriculture in economic development, countries with unique natural resources benefit from offering the resulting agricultural products to other countries and regions. (wisegeek.com)
- As seen in the early history of the United States, many countries begin building economic strength and international trade through agriculture. (wisegeek.com)
- Not only does the role of agriculture in economic development serve to increase trade for these specific goods, but also serves to establish trade relationships and develop markets for future goods and services, outside of agricultural products. (wisegeek.com)
- Although international trade is important, local communities typically feel the effects of agriculture in economic development long before the effects become evident on a national scale. (wisegeek.com)
- There are numerous evidence that local governments and politicians have been lacking in capacity to implement local development given their multitude of authority and fiscal power transferred by central government. (warwick.ac.uk)
- Develop and implement an economic development strategy that attracts, retains, and expands businesses in the targeted industries such as biotechnology, optics, information technology/software, and transportation-related manufacturing & services. (roanokeva.gov)
- 1. (C) Summary: The head of Libya's national economic planning apparatus and the effort to implement Muammar al-Qadhafi's vision for government restructuring and privatization told the visiting NEA/MAG Director that a new, commonly agreed frame of reference for U.S.-Libya relations that took into account more than oil was needed. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Furthermore, Uzbekistan responded to the global economic crisis by launching comprehensive state support measures, such as infrastructure investments and the promotion of key industries. (giz.de)
- Local organizations were considered "economic/community development" groups if their mission included at least one of the following elements: business, community design/improvement, job development, infrastructure, marketing, or local livability. (nd.gov)
- What is lacking is an infrastructure to support industrial development on even a small scale. (csmonitor.com)
- Disinvestment and lack of sound economic infrastructure as well as regular city services have contributed to the economic blight of the area. (mit.edu)
- This is particularly evident in sector planning which calls for interventions in all sub-sectors and so requires the consideration of strictly technical aspects within a macro-economic framework. (fao.org)
- GIZ assists its partner countries in improving their economic framework conditions, removing bureaucratic obstacles and establishing suitable promotional structures. (giz.de)
- Seeks to show how a range of questions on financial developments can be answered with the framework of financial accounts and balance sheets, by providing non-technical explanations illustrated with practical examples. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- The pace of technological change requires that we rethink local and regional development policies. (oecd.org)
- We find that tourism causes large and significant local economic gains relative to less touristic regions that are in part driven by significant positive spillovers on manufacturing. (nber.org)
- These actions lead to improved standards of living as well as the economic health within a specified area either in the local, regional or global environment. (bartleby.com)
- In countries like Kosovo or Burkina Faso, the SDC conducts local economic development activities which have been implemented simultaneously in several towns. (admin.ch)
- Local economic development brings together various stakeholders from civil society, as well as the public and private sectors. (admin.ch)
- Local economic development (LED) triggers a political process in which the protagonists have to negotiate the priorities bearing in mind the limited human and financial resources at their disposal. (admin.ch)
- The public sector needs the private sector for local economic development. (admin.ch)
- Civil society, like local associations, should also be part of planning and implementing development projects in which the economic dimension is obviously not the only issue at stake. (admin.ch)
- It is provided to community development or regional planning groups who then re-lend the money to local businesses. (webwire.com)
- Further information on rural programs is available at a local USDA Rural Development office or by visiting USDA web site at http://www.rurdev.usda.gov . (webwire.com)
- National and local‐level recommendations on local skills development are provided, for both OECD and non‐OECD countries. (ingentaconnect.com)
- O. V. Sivograkov, Sustainable Development Indicators for a Local Community (How to Assess the Results of a Local Agenda-21) (Propilei, Minsk, 2008) [in Russian]. (springer.com)
- This Economic/Community Development Ecosystem Map illustrates the network of entities supporting development in North Dakota at the local, regional, and state level. (nd.gov)
- IIED promotes sustainable development, linking local priorities to global challenges. (iied.org)
- Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, often recants how, when he was with the Area Development Partnership in Hattiesburg, his economic development team made a presentation to a major prospect in a local school facility instead of the local economic development office to emphasize that the community understood the importance of educated workers to the company. (msbusiness.com)
- The question now becomes how to transfer their enthusiasm and recognition of the connection between education and economic development to the local school and its surrounding community. (msbusiness.com)
- Cette transition passe par une participation accrue des citoyens, en particulier des jeunes, dans la gestion des affaires publiques à travers la mise en place de mécanismes de participation inclusive. (admin.ch)
- Now in the modern era the main feature of Indonesia economic development is decentralisation from central to sub-national level, moving from commodity-based export into more manufacture-based export, selective application of subsidy, modernising state-owned corporation, moving away from fossil fuel energy into more sustainable and renewal energy, and seeking for more sustainable financial resources for development rather than traditional source (government heavy financing). (warwick.ac.uk)
- Summarise the Main Development of a Child from the Age range 0-2, 3-5, 5-8 Years From birth a baby can only lie on its back, by the end of 3months they start to lift their heads and kick their feet. (bartleby.com)
- According to Schumpeter and Backhaus (2003), the changes in this equilibrium state to document in economic theory can only be caused by intervening factors coming from the outside. (wikipedia.org)
- Released in conjunction with the 2013 State of Indian Nations, this report shows areas where tribes are exercising their sovereignty right now, diversifying their revenue base, and bringing economic success to their nations and surrounding communities. (ncai.org)
- Senate Finance Committee Chair John A. DeFrancisco and Assembly Ways and Means Committee Chair Herman D. Farrell, Jr. today announced Joint Legislative Budget Hearings will continue on Monday, February 14, with two hearings that will focus on economic development and taxes in New York State. (ny.us)
- Citing another example, Wellcome points to the statewide Small Business Development Center, "a very successful community" on the Northern Tier with a director located in St. Paul and nine regional directors throughout the state. (campustechnology.com)
- Janelle Cornwell (Worcester State University), Michael Johnson (Grassroots Economic Organizing Newsletter) and Adam Trott (Valley Alliance of Worker Co-operatives and Collective Copies) co-authored the book. (truthout.org)
- Following direction from the Board, the RDN has undertaken a review on the current state of economic development in the region with its economic development partners. (rdn.bc.ca)
- Branch and other advocates for the industrial park, including James Smith, director of economic development in Rayville, La., said the project could provide a much-needed economic boost for the city, which is located in Madison Parish, the poorest parish in the state. (theadvertiser.com)
- This map is representative of the state of Economic Development in North Dakota as of the time it was created. (nd.gov)
- Eventually, the board chose the economic developer from the other state. (msbusiness.com)
- The Navajo Economic Summit brought together some 40 corporate executives and top state and federal leaders to analyze how to put the tribe's large, underemployed labor force to work. (csmonitor.com)
- New Mexico Gov. Garrey Carruthers said he would see if highway and development funds from his state could be used to assist the tribe. (csmonitor.com)
- Clark promoted Donna Barnett, the Cariboo-Chilcotin MLA, to the new post of minister of state for rural economic development. (vancouversun.com)
- There are those who have questioned that this expansion has contributed to global economic development, and instead suggested that the causal relationship may be the opposite. (ericsson.com)
- However, that does not negate the likelihood that global economic development has been spurred by widespread and continuously growing access to mobile broadband. (ericsson.com)
- Economic development can be made progressive by reducing some of the detrimental effects of global warming, which for the most part, are man-made. (slideshare.net)
- Being smart about development spending could be better than quadrupling the global aid budget. (weforum.org)
- AMSTERDAM - Europe's largest oil company, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, reported a 62 percent drop in first-quarter net profit as oil prices fell sharply amid a global economic downturn. (sbsun.com)
- Geography and Economic Development ," Papers 1, Chicago - Graduate School of Business. (repec.org)
- Examples are Food Security (World Bank), WCARRD (most UN agencies through the ACC Task Force on Rural Development), TFAP (World Bank and UNDP), Commodity Policies (UNCTAD, GATT and the international commodity organizations) and Nutrition Policies (WHO, World Bank and UNICEF and other organizations, through the ACC Sub-Committee on Nutrition). (fao.org)
- One of the more interesting examples is the Northern Tier High Tech Corridor, a network of upper Midwest economic development organizations, universities, and nonprofits who are determined to pull together to support rural businesses. (campustechnology.com)
- In Montpelier, Vermont, the Vermont Small Business Development Corporation was selected to receive a $750,000 loan to provide low-interest loans to businesses and non-profit community development organizations with strong emphasis given to low-income business owners. (webwire.com)
- Development is unique to each community and organizations included in this map have broad and varying missions. (nd.gov)
- This tool is by no means a definitive and complete list of all economic/community development organizations in North Dakota. (nd.gov)
- Organizations are also looking at other areas where they might be able to cut expenses in their budgets for the next fiscal year, and historically, one of the biggest areas for budget cuts is training & development. (ccl.org)
- The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) was founded in 1977 to work closely with neighborhood residents, organizations and businesses committed to planning and carrying out community development projects to benefit low-income residents of Jamaica Plain. (mit.edu)
- Alexander Gerschenkron argued that the less developed the country is at the outset of economic development (relative to others), the more likely certain conditions are to occur. (wikipedia.org)
- The system of government that is found within a country is a major determinant of the economic development that can take place within the country. (bartleby.com)
- This program represents a unique approach to the development of sustainable petroleum education programs in Mozambique as it enables petroleum capacity building within the country. (anadarko.com)
- I've been fortunate to work with what I believe is the greatest economic development team in the country, who have at every turn placed the good of their fellow Utahns above themselves," Eccles said. (deseretnews.com)
- The event will be segmented based on the Four Ps Model for Sustainable Development - People, Planet, Prosperity and Partnerships. (indiatimes.com)
- The UK and India have a unique relationship in many ways, none more so than our development partnership. (indiatimes.com)
- 30 years ago, CDC , the UK's government-owned development finance institution made its first major investment in India. (indiatimes.com)
- I am meeting key business leaders and will hear from government representatives about how the UK can continue to work with India to support its economic development. (indiatimes.com)
- CDC's focus as a development investor means that our priorities change as the need for capital in India changes. (indiatimes.com)
- Micro, small and medium-sized enterprises are critical to economic development in India but as many as 90% of these firms can't access the finance they need to grow, so we will back the microfinance and non-banking finance companies that reach them. (indiatimes.com)
- This is an appeal to the subscribers, contributors, advertisers and well-wishers of Economic and Political Weekly (EPW), published by Sameeksha Trust, a public charitable trust registered with the office of the Charity Commissioner, Mumbai, India. (epw.in)
- Modernization", "Westernization", and especially "industrialization" are other terms often used while discussing economic development. (wikipedia.org)
- Modernization, Westernisation, and especially Industrialisation are other terms people have used while discussing economic development. (wikipedia.org)
- [i] You might have heard of economic development referred to as modernization, westernization, and industrialization amongst other things. (gradschools.com)
- To that end, and in partnership with PolicyLink and the Urban Land Institute (ULI), NLC launched the Equitable Economic Development (EED) Fellowship last year with the generous support of the Surdna and Open Societies Foundations. (nlc.org)
- Ongoing communication with Roanoke Regional Partnership, VDBA, and Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP). (roanokeva.gov)
- By improvising on behaviors and understanding the need for a more environmentally friendly atmosphere, economic development can go green. (slideshare.net)
- Core services include environmentally -focused land development, regulatory compliance, sustainable design assistance services, energy efficiency analysis, climate change/carbon footprint evaluation and management, project financing, sustainable product supply chain, and green tech/products to market support. (environmental-expert.com)
- The most significant aspect of community economic development, aside from the fact that it focuses on economic development in specific localities, is that focuses on the process of community building. (wikipedia.org)
- Vitter, chairman of the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee, volunteered assistance from his staffers to help city officials tap federal economic programs, including some under the Transportation Department. (theadvertiser.com)
- A technical paper prepared for the Department of Agricultural Development, Rhodesia. (fao.org)
- Community economic development (CED) is a field of study that actively elicits community involvement when working with government, and private sectors to build strong communities, industries, and markets. (wikipedia.org)
- Limited economic diversification remains a major constraint and prevents gains from higher exports in non-oil sectors. (afdb.org)
- We are now more focused than ever on getting commercial investment to the states most in need of capital, and to those sectors that can deliver real development impact. (indiatimes.com)
- Economic development is a wider concept and has qualitative dimensions. (wikipedia.org)
- Econometric Foundations fully provides an operational understanding of a rich set of estimation and inference tools to master such data, including traditional likelihood based and non-traditional non-likelihood based procedures, that can be used in conjunction with the computer to address economic problems. (cambridge.org)