Duane Retraction Syndrome
A syndrome characterized by marked limitation of abduction of the eye, variable limitation of adduction and retraction of the globe, and narrowing of the palpebral fissure on attempted adduction. The condition is caused by aberrant innervation of the lateral rectus by fibers of the OCULOMOTOR NERVE.
A GTPase activating protein that is specific for RAC GTP-BINDING PROTEINS. It is expressed primarily in the brain and may be involved in signal transduction. The alternatively spliced form of CHIMERIN 1 (alpha-2 Chimerin) contains an additional src homology domain and is expressed in both the brain and testes.
Abducens Nerve Diseases
Diseases of the sixth cranial (abducens) nerve or its nucleus in the pons. The nerve may be injured along its course in the pons, intracranially as it travels along the base of the brain, in the cavernous sinus, or at the level of superior orbital fissure or orbit. Dysfunction of the nerve causes lateral rectus muscle weakness, resulting in horizontal diplopia that is maximal when the affected eye is abducted and ESOTROPIA. Common conditions associated with nerve injury include INTRACRANIAL HYPERTENSION; CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA; ISCHEMIA; and INFRATENTORIAL NEOPLASMS.
Analog or digital communications device in which the user has a wireless connection from a telephone to a nearby transmitter. It is termed cellular because the service area is divided into multiple "cells." As the user moves from one cell area to another, the call is transferred to the local transmitter.
The 3d cranial nerve. The oculomotor nerve sends motor fibers to the levator muscles of the eyelid and to the superior rectus, inferior rectus, and inferior oblique muscles of the eye. It also sends parasympathetic efferents (via the ciliary ganglion) to the muscles controlling pupillary constriction and accommodation. The motor fibers originate in the oculomotor nuclei of the midbrain.
Misalignment of the visual axes of the eyes. In comitant strabismus the degree of ocular misalignment does not vary with the direction of gaze. In noncomitant strabismus the degree of misalignment varies depending on direction of gaze or which eye is fixating on the target. (Miller, Walsh & Hoyt's Clinical Neuro-Ophthalmology, 4th ed, p641)
Rare leukoencephalopathy with infantile-onset accumulation of Rosenthal fibers in the subpial, periventricular, and subependymal zones of the brain. Rosenthal fibers are GLIAL FIBRILLARY ACIDIC PROTEIN aggregates found in ASTROCYTES. Juvenile- and adult-onset types show progressive atrophy of the lower brainstem instead. De novo mutations in the GFAP gene are associated with the disease with propensity for paternal inheritance.
Rare cutaneous eruption characterized by extensive KERATINOCYTE apoptosis resulting in skin detachment with mucosal involvement. It is often provoked by the use of drugs (e.g., antibiotics and anticonvulsants) or associated with PNEUMONIA, MYCOPLASMA. It is considered a continuum of Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.
Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome to chromosome 2q31. (1/58)Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital eye-movement disorder characterized by a failure of cranial nerve VI (the abducens nerve) to develop normally, resulting in restriction or absence of abduction, restricted adduction, and narrowing of the palpebral fissure and retraction of the globe on attempted adduction. DRS has a prevalence of approximately 0.1% in the general population and accounts for 5% of all strabismus cases. Undiagnosed DRS in children can lead to amblyopia, a permanent uncorrectable loss of vision. A large family with autosomal dominant DRS was examined and tested for genetic linkage. After exclusion of candidate regions previously associated with DRS, a genomewide search with highly polymorphic microsatellite markers was performed, and significant evidence for linkage was obtained at chromosome 2q31 (D2S2314 maximum LOD score 11.73 at maximum recombination fraction. 0). Haplotype analysis places the affected gene in a 17.8-cM region between the markers D2S2330 and D2S364. No recombinants were seen with markers between these two loci. The linked region contains the homeobox D gene cluster. Three of the genes within this cluster, known to participate in hindbrain development, were sequenced in affected and control individuals. Coding sequences for these genes were normal or had genetic alterations unlikely to be responsible for the DRS phenotype. Identifying the gene responsible for DRS may lead to an improved understanding of early cranial-nerve development. (+info)
A case of congenital inverse Duane's retraction syndrome. (2/58)Inverse Duane's retraction syndrome is very uncommon. Congenital cases are even more unusual. A 6-year-old girl with convergent squint along with severe restriction on abduction is described. On attempted abduction, a narrowing of the palpebral fissure, upshoot and retraction of the eyeball were observed. Brain and orbit MRI demonstrated no intracranial or intraorbital mass, fracture, or entrapment of the medial rectus. Forced duction test was strongly positive. The primary lesion was found to be a tight medial rectus with shortening and soft tissue contracture. Surgical tenotomy of the medial rectus led to successful postoperative motility, but some limitation at full adduction and abduction persisted. This is a case reported with congenital medial rectus shortening, suggesting that this condition may be one of the etiologies of the rare inverse Duane's retraction syndrome. (+info)
Narrowing the Duane syndrome critical region at chromosome 8q13 down to 40 kb. (3/58)Duane syndrome (MIM 126800) is an autosomal dominant disorder characterised by primary strabismus and other ocular anomalies, associated with variable deficiency of binocular sight. We have recently identified a < 3 cM smallest region of deletion overlap (SRO) by comparing interstitial deletions at band 8q13 in two patients (one described by Vincent et al, 1994, and the other by Calabrese et al, 1998). Here we report on another patient with Duane syndrome carrying a reciprocal translation t(6;8)(q26;q13). FISH and PCR analyses using a YAC contig spanning the SRO narrowed the Duane region to a < 1 cM interval between markers SHGC37325 and W14901. In addition, the identification and mapping of two PAC clones flanking the translocation breakpoint, allowed us to further narrow the critical region to about 40 kb. As part of these mapping studies, we have also refined the map position of AMYB, a putative candidate gene, to 8q13, centromeric to Duane locus. AMYB is expressed in brain cortex and genital crests and has been previously mapped to 8q22. (+info)
Increased binocular enhancement of contrast sensitivity and reduced stereoacuity in Duane syndrome. (4/58)PURPOSE: To compare the binocular enhancement of contrast sensitivity and stereoacuity in patients with Duane syndrome and normal subjects. METHODS: Monocular and binocular contrast sensitivity functions were determined using a two-alternative, forced-choice method in 14 patients with Duane syndrome and 14 normal subjects. Monocular and binocular log minimum angle of resolution (logMAR) acuities were measured, and stereoacuity was determined using the Titmus and TNO stereotests. RESULTS: In the patients with Duane syndrome, the binocular enhancement of contrast sensitivity was increased across all spatial frequencies, although stereoacuity was reduced compared to that of the normal subjects. The increased enhancement was caused by a reduction in monocular contrast sensitivity rather than an increase in binocular contrast sensitivity. The patients with Duane syndrome also showed a generalized reduction of contrast sensitivity at high spatial frequencies. CONCLUSIONS: It is suggested that the combination of reduced stereoacuity and increased binocular enhancement of contrast sensitivity seen in Duane syndrome can be explained by a partial loss of binocular cortical cells, caused by intermittent misalignment of the eyes during early visual development. (+info)
Reduced binocular beat visual evoked responses and stereoacuity in patients with Duane syndrome. (5/58)PURPOSE: To study the effects that the abnormal eye movements of patients with Duane retraction syndrome have on the development of binocular function. METHODS: Pattern reversal visual evoked responses (VEPs) to 15-minutes-of-arc and 60-minutes-of-arc checks and binocular beat VEPs to diffuse sinusoidally modulated 18- and 20-Hz stimuli were recorded in 10 patients with Duane retraction syndrome who maintain binocular function by using an abnormal head posture. Visual acuity, stereoacuity, and eye movements were measured. The results have been compared to those from 10 normal subjects. RESULTS: The patients with Duane retraction syndrome had reduced stereoacuity compared to the normal control group (TNO mean, 82.5 seconds of arc compared to 37.5 seconds of arc; Titmus mean, 143 seconds of arc compared to 44 seconds of arc). The binocular beat VEPs showed a significantly reduced difference beat response at 2 Hz in the patients with Duane syndrome compared to normal subjects (mean signal-to-noise ratio 2.40 +/- 1.05 compared to 4.30 +/- 2.66; t = 2.21, df = 18, P < 0.05). Binocular enhancement of the P100 pattern reversal amplitude to 15-minute checks was increased in these patients, because of a reduction of the monocular P100 amplitudes compared to the normal group. CONCLUSIONS: Patients with Duane syndrome who maintain binocular function using an abnormal head posture have reduced stereoacuity and show electrophysiological evidence of reduced cortical binocular interaction. (+info)
Okihiro syndrome is caused by SALL4 mutations. (6/58)Okihiro syndrome refers to the association of forearm malformations with Duane syndrome of eye retraction. Based on the reported literature experience, clinical diagnosis of the syndrome can be elusive, owing to the variable presentation in families reported. Specifically, there is overlap of clinical features with other conditions, most notably Holt-Oram syndrome, a condition resulting from mutation of the TBX5 locus and Townes-Brocks syndrome, known to be caused by mutations in the SALL1 gene. Arising from our observation of several malformations in Okihiro syndrome patients which are also described in Townes-Brocks syndrome, we postulated that Okihiro syndrome might result from mutation of another member of the human SALL gene family. We have characterized the human SALL4 gene on chromosome 20q13.13-q13.2. Moreover, we have identified literature reports of forelimb malformations in patients with cytogenetically identifiable abnormalities of this region. We here present evidence in 5 of 8 affected families that mutation at this locus results in the Okihiro syndrome phenotype. (+info)
Duane radial ray syndrome (Okihiro syndrome) maps to 20q13 and results from mutations in SALL4, a new member of the SAL family. (7/58)Duane syndrome is a congenital eye movement disorder characterized most typically by absence of abduction, restricted adduction, and retraction of the globe on attempted adduction. Duane syndrome can be coinherited with radial ray anomalies as an autosomal dominant trait, referred to as "Okihiro syndrome" or "Duane radial ray syndrome" (DRRS). We ascertained three pedigrees with DRRS and mapped their disease gene to a 21.6-cM region of chromosome 20 flanked by markers D20S888 and D20S102. A new member of the SAL family of proposed C(2)H(2) zinc finger transcription factors, SALL4, falls within the region. Mutation analysis of SALL4 in the three pedigrees revealed one nonsense and two frameshift heterozygous mutations. SALL4 represents the first identified Duane syndrome gene and the second malformation syndrome resulting from mutations in SAL genes and likely plays a critical role in abducens motoneuron development. (+info)
A peptidase gene in chromosome 8q is disrupted by a balanced translocation in a duane syndrome patient. (8/58)PURPOSE: To identify the gene disrupted by a de novo reciprocal balanced translocation t(6;8)(q26;q13) in a patient with Duane retraction syndrome (DURS). The break point in chromosome arm 8q is positioned within the DURS1 critical region. METHODS: Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis using cosmid and BAC clones covering the DURS1 locus was performed to define the break point position and its relationship with expressed sequence tags (ESTs) in the region. Once the interrupted gene was identified, the full-length cDNA was sequenced and the genomic organization defined. Eighteen patients with sporadic DURS without cytogenetic abnormalities involving the DURS1 region were screened for point mutations in the candidate DURS1 gene. RESULTS: A carboxypeptidase gene (CPAH) was directly interrupted between the first and second exons in a patient with DURS who carried a de novo reciprocal balanced translocation t(6;8)(q26;q13) involving the DURS1 region on chromosome arm 8q13. The gene was transcribed in at least two alternative mRNA forms, with different start and stop codons. CONCLUSIONS: The CPAH gene was interrupted in a patient with DURS carrying a translocation break point in the DURS1 region on chromosome 8q13. CPAH is therefore a likely candidate for this abnormality, even if the possibility that other genes are involved, either by direct effects on transcription units present in the first CPAH intron or by position effects, cannot be ruled out. Functional studies of the influence of this gene on the morphogenesis of eye muscles and their innervation may clarify this question. (+info)
Isolated Duane retraction syndrome - Genetics Home Reference - NIH
Isolated Duane retraction syndrome is a disorder of eye movement. This condition prevents outward movement of the eye (toward the ear), and in some cases may also limit inward eye movement (toward the nose). As the eye moves inward, the eyelids partially close and the eyeball pulls back (retracts) into its socket. Most commonly, only one eye is affected. About 10 percent of people with isolated Duane retraction syndrome develop amblyopia (lazy eye), a condition that causes vision loss in the affected eye.. About 70 percent of all cases of Duane retraction syndrome are isolated, which means they occur without other signs and symptoms. Duane retraction syndrome can also occur as part of syndromes that affect other areas of the body. For example, Duane-radial ray syndrome is characterized by this eye disorder in conjunction with abnormalities of bones in the arms and hands.. Researchers have identified three forms of isolated Duane retraction syndrome, designated types I, II, and III. The types ...
Duane Retraction Syndrome 1
Duane syndrome type 1 is the most common type of Duane syndrome, an eye movement disorder that is present at birth. People with Duane syndrome have restricted ability to move the affected eye(s) outward toward the ear (abduction) and/or inward toward the nose (adduction). The different types are distinguished by the eye movements that are most restricted. Duane syndrome type 1 is characterized by absent to very restricted abduction and normal to mildly restricted adduction. The eye opening (palpebral fissure) narrows and the eyeball retracts into the orbit with adduction. With abduction, the reverse occurs. One or both eyes may be affected. The majority of cases are sporadic (not inherited), while about 10% are familial. 70% of affected people do not have any other abnormalities at birth (isolated Duane syndrome ...
DMOZ - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Ocular Motility Disorders: Duane Retraction Syndrome
A syndrome characterized by marked limitation of abduction of the eye, variable limitation of adduction and retraction of the globe, and narrowing of the palpebral fissure on attempted adduction.
Two Pedigrees Segregating Duanes Retraction Syndrome as a Dominant Trait Map to the DURS2 Genetic Locus | IOVS | ARVO Journals
purpose. The genetic bases of Duanes retraction syndrome (DRS) were investigated to determine its molecular etiologies. In prior studies, the transcription factors SALL4 and HOXA1 were identified as the genes mutated in DRS with radial anomalies, and in DRS with deafness, vascular anomalies, and cognitive deficits, respectively. Less is known, however, about the genetic etiology of DRS when it occurs in isolation, and only one genetic locus for isolated DRS, the DURS2 locus on chromosome 2, has been mapped to date. Toward the goal of identifying the DURS2 gene, two pedigrees have been ascertained that segregate DRS as a dominant trait.. methods. Members of two large dominant DRS pedigrees were enrolled in an ongoing study of the genetic basis of the congenital cranial dysinnervation disorders, and linkage analysis was conducted to determine whether their DRS phenotype maps to the DURS2 locus.. results. By haplotype analysis, the DRS phenotype in each family cosegregates with markers spanning ...
Human CHN1 mutations hyperactivate 2-chimaerin and cause Duanes retraction syndrome : Sussex Research Online
Duanes retraction syndrome (DRS) is a complex congenital eye movement disorder caused by aberrant innervation of the extraocular muscles by axons of brainstem motor neurons. Studying families with a variant form of the disorder (DURS2-DRS), we have identified causative heterozygous missense mutations in CHN1, a gene on chromosome 2q31 that encodes α2-chimaerin, a Rac guanosine triphosphatase-activating protein (RacGAP) signaling protein previously implicated in the pathfinding of corticospinal axons in mice. We found that these are gain-of-function mutations that increase α2-chimaerin RacGAP activity in vitro. Several of the mutations appeared to enhance α2-chimaerin translocation to the cell membrane or enhance its ability to self-associate. Expression of mutant α2-chimaerin constructs in chick embryos resulted in failure of oculomotor axons to innervate their target extraocular muscles. We conclude that α2-chimaerin has a critical developmental function in ocular motor axon ...
Duane - Wikipedia
Duane may refer to: Duane, New York, a US town Duane syndrome, a rare type of strabismus Duane Barry, 29th episode of The X-Files Duane Hopwood, a 2005 film featured in the Sundance Film Festival USCGC Duane (WPG-33), a US Coast Guard cutter and artificial-reef shipwreck Duane (surname), people with the surname Duane Duane (given name), people with the given name Duane ...
Duane Syndrome - AAPOS
For the majority of patients, Duane syndrome does not require surgical treatment. Surgery for Duane syndrome is indicated for one of four reasons:. 1) To reduce a significant deviation in normal straight-ahead position. 2) To eliminate a significant abnormal head position. 3) To eliminate a significant upshoot or downshoot.. 4) To eliminate disfiguring abnormal eyelid position. The goal of treatment is to restore satisfactory eye alignment in the straight-ahead position, eliminate an abnormal head posture and to prevent amblyopia. Eye muscle surgery is not always required. Because the function of the affected nerve and muscle cannot be restored, the other eye muscles are adjusted to compensate and allow for better eye alignment.. ...
Duane, William John | Article about Duane, William John by The Free Dictionary
Looking for Duane, William John? Find out information about Duane, William John. 1780-1865, U.S. Secretary of Treasury , b. Clonmel, Ireland. He emigrated to Philadelphia with his father, William Duane , and assisted him in publishing... Explanation of Duane, William John
Duane syndrome | Boston Childrens Hospital
Both neuropathologic, neuroradiologic, and neurophysiologic studies support the hypothesis that Duane syndrome results from an absence of cranial nerve VI (abducens nerve). Neuropathologic evidence comes from postmortem examinations of individuals who had DS14,15. These studies have shown an absence of cranial nerve VI and its correponding alpha motor neurons in the pons, and aberrant innervation of the lateral rectus muscle (the muscle that moves the eye outward towards the ear) by a branch of cranial nerve III. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies of an individual with DS also revealed the absence of the abducens nerve (cranial nerve VI)16. Neurophysiological evidence for neuronal involvement in DS comes from electromyographic (EMG) studies which show that the medial and lateral recti muscles are electrically active in individuals with DS. When individuals with DS attempt to move their eyes inward (adduct), however, both of these muscles contract at the same time, resulting in the eyeball ...
Transposition gerader Augenmuskeln zur Behandlung komplexer Motilitätsstörungen - Zurich Open Repository and Archive
BACKGROUND: Transposition techniques alter the muscle paths thereby creating new directions of muscle force. Extraocular muscle transposition procedures have been used to treat abducens palsy, Duanes retraction syndrome, double-elevator palsy and other complex ocular motility abnormalities. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the surgical and functional results of rectus muscle transposition in patients with different aetiologies of severe ocular motility deficits. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Between 1992 and 2008 rectus muscle transposition surgery has been performed on 31 patients. In this retrospective case series one patient with an abducens nerve palsy is presented as an example. In addition, six patients with motility disorders of different aetiologies who had transposition manoeuvers were evaluated. Preoperative, surgical and postoperative data are reported. RESULTS: Rectus muscle transposition has been performed because of severe functional loss of the lateral rectus muscle, the ...
Duane Syndrome | Boston Childrens Hospital
Learn more about Duane Syndrome symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments from experts at Boston Childrens, ranked best Childrens Hospital by US News.
About: Duane syndrome
Het syndroom van Duane of het retractiesyndroom is een stoornis van de oogbeweging in een of beide ogen. Doorgaans komt het in een oog voor, en vaker in het linker- dan in het rechteroog. Deze afwijking komt vaker bij vrouwen dan bij mannen voor. Meestal is de beweging enkel in horizontale richting beperkt, waardoor de patiënt niet goed in de ooghoeken kan kijken. Om dit te compenseren zal de patiënt het hoofd daarom vaak zo draaien, dat beide ogen weer samen goed zicht hebben. Deze afwijking, die vanaf de geboorte aanwezig is, is blijvend en zal in de loop der tijd niet erger worden noch verminderen. De oorzaak ligt in de aansturing van de oogspieren, waardoor een behandeling niet mogelijk is. Het syndroom is vernoemd naar Alexander Duane (1858-1926), oogarts te New York, en de Duitse oog ...
Prism correction - Wikipedia
Eye care professionals use prism correction as a component of some eyeglass prescriptions. A lens which includes some amount of prism correction will displace the viewed image horizontally, vertically, or a combination of both directions. The most common application for this is the treatment of strabismus. By moving the image in front of the deviated eye, double vision can be avoided and comfortable binocular vision can be achieved. Other applications include yoked prism where the image is shifted an equal amount in each eye. This is useful when someone has a visual field defect on the same side of each eye. Individuals with nystagmus, Duanes retraction syndrome, 4th Nerve Palsy, and other eye movement disorders experience an improvement in their symptoms when they turn or tilt their head. Yoked prism can move the image away from primary gaze without the need for a constant head tilt or turn. Prism correction is measured in prism dioptres. A prescription that specifies prism correction will ...
Tom Duane Closes Door on Senate | Manhattan, New York, NY | News
By Megan Bungeroth and Alissa Fleck Last week, State Sen. Tom Duane surprised both the political world and his constituents by announcing his intention to retire at the end of his current Senate term. The seven-term Democratic legislator, who represents parts of the Upper West Side as well as Clinton, Hells Kitchen, Chelsea, the West Village, NoHo and Peter Cooper Village and Stuyvesant Town, has been an accomplished advocate for gay rights as well as health care, and plans to focus on continuing his advocacy outside of Albany. I wanted to do something else and realized its time to start the next chapter, Duane said in a recent interview. I would say retire is not a completely accurate term; Im just not ready for re-election. I plan to continue working in my own small way to make the world a better place. Duane, who was elected in 1998 and was New Yorks first openly gay senator, was the first senator to introduce the Marriage Equality Act in 2001 and continued to push for its support ...
EVA & DUANE IN YOUR DREAMS by DUANE THE GREAT WRITER (Paperback) - Lulu
Buy EVA & DUANE IN YOUR DREAMS by DUANE THE GREAT WRITER (Paperback) online at Lulu. Visit the Lulu Marketplace for product details, ratings, and reviews.
GEDR: Síndrome de Schinzel-Giedion
síndrome de Schinzel-Giedion Note Nota The use of the long form of the name, Schinzel-Giedion midface retraction syndrome, is preferred to prevent confusion with Schinzel ulnar-mammary syndrome, a completely unrelated and clinically non-overlapping condition also described by Dr Schinzel. A utilização da forma longa do nome, Schinzel-Giedion Síndrome de retração midface, é o preferido para evitar confusão com Schinzel síndrome ulnar-mamária, completamente independente e clinicamente não-sobreposição condição também descrita pelo Dr. Schinzel. Inheritance Herança Schinzel-Giedion midface retraction syndrome is presumed to be inherited as autosomal recessive on the basis of several pairs of affected sibs with normal parents. Schinzel-Giedion Síndrome de retração midface se presume ser herdada de forma autossômica recessiva, com base em vários pares de irmãos afetados com pais normais. No specific gene or chromosome region has been identified. Nenhum gene específico ou ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Duane syndrome | Read by QxMD
Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) is an autoimmune disease of the nervous system and is the most common acute polyneuropathy. Both cellular and humoral immunity are believed to be involved in the pathogenesis of GBS, and various types of activated CD4+ T cells are thought to orchestrate the onset and progression of GBS. Lymphoplasma exchange (LPE) filtering out activated lymphocytes while exchanging plasma has been used for GBS treatment for years. However the treatment is still not yet optimal. In order to assess the efficacy of this treatment, we evaluate the effect of LPE and determine the appropriate frequency of LPE treatments for GBS patients through comparing the neurological deficit scores and the changes in related immunology indicators of GBS patients before and after LPE treatment ...
Duane Barry - 2X05
FBI HEADQUARTERS; WASHINGTON, D.C. (Scully is watching the news report.) REPORTER ON TV: ...of the hostages. As you can see, Carl, the SWAT team has taken positions on all the surrounding buildings... (The phone rings and she picks up.) SCULLY: Scully. MULDER: Its me. Im in Virginia. SCULLY: Yeah, I know. Ive been watching it on TV. Whats going on out there? MULDER: Whats the media saying? SCULLY: That an escaped mental patient is holding four people hostage in a travel agency. (Cut to Mulder, who is talking on his cellular phone away from the other agents.) MULDER: Well, what theyre not telling you is that hes former F.B.I. who also claims to be an alien abductee. SCULLY: Seriously? MULDER: Yeah, his names Duane Barry. Look, Scully, I need your help. (Cut to Scully as she boots up her computer.) I need you to find out what happened to him. Anything, transcripts from therapy sessions, hypnotic regressions... (Cut back to Mulder.) Anything about his abduction experience. (The lights ...
UP SYNDROME by Duane Graves @ Brooklyn Film Festival
Cast & Crew, Contact Info - Synopsis: University of Texas student Duane Graves chronicles his charismatic childhood chum Rene Moreno, a San Antonio, Texas, native with Down syndrome, in this
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms -Screening Guidelines and Treatment Options for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms by Dr. Allen Jeremias. Acute Mesenteric Ischemia -Overview by Dr. Isaac George. Hypercoaguable States -What Every Clinician Needs to Know by Dr. Amjad AlMahameed. Intermittent Claudication -Diagnosis and Work-up by Dr. Duane S. Pinto. Nonatherosclerotic Arterial Syndromes -Overview by Dr. Amjad AlMahameed. Renal Artery Stenosis -Diagnosis and Indications for Revascularization by Dr. Duane S. Pinto. Renovascular Hypertension and Renal Artery Ultrasounds -Overview by Dr. Amjad AlMahameed. Thrombocytopenia -Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia by Dr. Amjad AlMahameed. Thromboembolism -Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) & Pulmonary Embolism (PE) by Dr. Evaldas Giedrimas and Dr. Duane S. Pinto. Vasculitis and Connective Tissue Disease -Overview by Dr. Evaldes Giedrimas and Dr. Duane Pinto. ...
Raising Your Child, Not Your Voice book by Duane Cuthbertson | 1 available editions | Alibris Books
Raising Your Child, Not Your Voice by Duane Cuthbertson starting at $0.99. Raising Your Child, Not Your Voice has 1 available editions to buy at Alibris
Duane Alwins Keynote Address at the International Symposium on the Life Course - Center for Life Course & Longitudinal Studies
Duane Alwin gave a keynote address to an International Symposium on the Life Course, held on October 24, 2015 at the National University of Ireland in Galway, Ireland. The title of his talk was The Construction of Lives and the De-construction of the Life Course. Please click on the following links to view the presentation and photos from the symposium: Presentation PDF / Photos[UPDATE THESE LINKS]. ...
Duane matriculated in 1990 from the Glen High School. He studied medicine from 1991 - 1996 at the University of Pretoria and then specialized as an Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon from 1999 - 2003 at the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein.. Duane is now in private practice in Alberton and focuses mainly on hearing repair surgery and nasal reconstructive surgery. He is an active member of the Johannesburg Cochlear Implant program since 2005 and is one of the surgeons involved in 94.7 Hear for Life cochlea implant team.. Duane is married to Therina and they have three daughters, Jodi, Kyra and Leeza. Duane is an accomplished musician (on the drums) and magician and was the South African General Stage Magic Champion in 2002, a title he held for 4 years. ...
Dr. Duane Tippets, DO - Anniston, AL - Orthopedic Surgery | Healthgrades.com
Visit Healthgrades for information on Dr. Duane Tippets, DO Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more.
Remembering Dr. Duane T. Gish, Creations Bulldog | The Institute for Creation Research
At the time, there were no such ministries and no clear path to follow. Dr. Gish shouldered the daunting burden of speaking to any audience about the evidence for creation. He especially found his own ministry niche on the college campus, where evolution was thoroughly entrenched. His expertise equipped him to speak on origin of life subjects, enriched with his personal laboratory experiences. He had worked and published with recognized experts in the field, and his voluminous knowledge of the subject served him well.. In those early days, evolutionists were caught somewhat by surprise when a qualified speaker challenged their worldview, complete with a working knowledge of the relevant literature and research.. Soon the lectures turned into debate opportunities, and Dr. Gish rose to the occasion. Over the years, he participated in over 300 formal debates, and by all accounts he won them all. Soon spokespersons for evolution were publicly recommending that evolutionists not debate Duane Gish, ...
larssongentry0551 - Duane Chapman promises no more mercy in season two of Dogs Most Wanted after wife Beths death
Duane Chapman issued a warning about being more fearless in season two of Dogs Most Wanted Wait til you see Dog without Beth, he promised during an interview with People. Apple set to release its next-generation AirPods by end of the month but will cost $260. Apple is going to update its AirPods for a third time this fall, introducing new noise cancelling technology and a price point thats $60 higher than the previous version of its wireless earbuds. Woman with breast cancer thanks a thermal imaging camera which revealed an abnormal patch on chest. Bal Gill, 41, was visiting World of Illusions in Edinburgh during a family holiday in May. A thermal camera showed a hot spot in her left breast that no one else had. The Bachelors Abbie Chatfield calls out double standard on The Bachelorette. Abbie Chatfield has lashed out over what she sees as a double standard on The Bachelorette. Meghan Markle goes for a hug as she arrives at Windsor Castle - just days after awkwardmoment. Meghan Markle, ...
Dr. Duane Gels, MD, Allergy and Immunology, Annapolis, MD
Connect with Dr. Duane Gels, MD, Allergy and Immunology, Annapolis, MD. Video chat, send a message, ask a text question, or make a virtual appointment on the doctors Virtual Practice on HealthTap.
Integrated Evaluation of Latent Viral Reactivation During Spaceflight by Pierson Duane L. (ISBN: 9781287286752) Paperback Book ...
Integrated Evaluation of Latent Viral Reactivation During Spaceflight by Pierson Duane L. (ISBN: 978-1-287-28675-2); Published by Creative Media Partners, LLCin Aug 2013. Compare book prices on Bookwire.com to buy books from the lowest price among top online book retailers
Debate pre-game prognosis: What Ken Ham could learn from Duane Gish in order to win his debate against Bill Nye - GeoChristian
In March of 1987, young-Earth creationist Dr. Duane Gish came to Washington State University to have a creation-evolution debate with Dr. Grover Krantz, an anthropology professor at WSU. Gishs style in his frequent debates was a rapid-fire overload of facts from a wide variety of fields, most of which were outside of his opponents area…
Duane Morris LLP - Frederick R. Ball, Partner - Profile
Frederick (Rick) R. Ball focuses his practice on assisting companies or individuals when they are adverse to state or federal governments, including administrative, civil and criminal matters, with the FDA, FTC, DEA, CMS, OIG and other federal and state regulatory agencies. He serves as a team lead for the Duane Morris Life Sciences and Medical Technologies industry group. Mr. Ball helps pharmaceutical companies, biologics manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, contract service providers, food companies (including supplement manufacturers), pharmacies, long term care providers, and other health care providers navigate the complex challenges faced by state and federal regulation of their industries including complying with current Good Manufacturing Practices, price reporting (AMP, AWP, ASP, etc.), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, False Claims Act, and Anti-Kickback Statute, as well as meeting labeling and advertising requirements. Mr. Ball assists companies bring product to market ...
The Amazing Life of Birds: The Twenty-Day Puberty Journal of Duane Hom PDF ePub
Orient-que livre efficacité Ifuture à partir de chanteur dans un groupe? Bon! que oui. qui livret doué aux lecteur de grand references et de grande connaissance celles apporter une influence indéniable Iavenir. Ce donné aux lecteur home vrai. Tout va bien! lequel elle contentement de la part de ce journal aller difficile faire dans la vie réelle,mais il est encore donner une bonne idée. Il rend les lecteurs se sentent plaisir et toujours la pensée positive. Ce livre vous donne vraiment une bonne pensée qui va très influencer pour les lecteurs avenir. Comment obtenir ce livre? Obtenir ce livre est simple et facile. On pouvez télécharger le fichier logiciel de ce livre dans ce site Web. Non seulement ce livre intitulé The Amazing Life of Birds: The Twenty-Day Puberty Journal of Duane Hom Par Gary Paulsen vous mettre en conserve également télécharger dautres livres en ligne attirant sur ce site. Ce site est disponible avec des livres rentable et gratuits en ligne. Vous mettre en ...
Top Orange County trane Secrets - Blog
Flash ahead I spoke to my brother n regulation and he suggested Related Heating and Air Conditioning! I made Make contact with plus they ended up ready to schedule an appointment in about a week. If the technician (I feel my site Duane) came out he was wonderful ample but additional importantly VERY educated. Duane described every little thing to me and I had a great deal of queries. After the very same regimen he stated the same matter, force is minimal requirements extra refrigerant. I told Duane my story and experienced some Superb explanations as to what experienced took place for the duration of my prior face with another company. The important thing here is Duane has definitely had numerous yrs of palms on practical experience and is aware what he is accomplishing. ...
About Jean Duane the Alternative Cook
Living a gluten and dairy free lifestyle has its challenges at first, but is certainly worth the effort. Jean Duane, Alternative Cook shares her personal journey.
Dr. Duane Flannagan, MD - Jasper, IN - Ophthalmology | Healthgrades.com
Visit Healthgrades for information on Dr. Duane Flannagan, MD Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more.
OXYGEN THERAPY by DUANE THE GREAT WRITER (Paperback) - Lulu
Buy OXYGEN THERAPY by DUANE THE GREAT WRITER (Paperback) online at Lulu. Visit the Lulu Marketplace for product details, ratings, and reviews.
Dr Duane J Gubler | Vaccine Congress US 2018
Dr Duane J Gubler - The meeting place for vaccine professionals from industry, academia, non-profit organizations and government to discuss challenges and successes.
Here Are Some Sweet Loving Things Duane Chapman Has Said about His Late Wife Beth
American reality TV star, Duane Lee Chapman, known as Dog The Bounty Hunter said some wonderful things about his late wife, Beth Chapman who died from stage 2 throat cancer.
Duane Alwin selected by ASA Council to edit Sociological Methodology, for 2016-2018. - Center for Life Course & Longitudinal...
Professor Duane Alwin has been selected by the ASA Council to edit the journal Sociological Methodology, for 2016-2018. For more information please visit the Footnotes website, an ASA publication: http://www.asanet.org/footnotes/julyaugust15/sm_0715.html. ...
Dr. Duane Smith, DDS - General Dentist in Canadian, TX
Dr. Duane Smith, DDS of Canadian, TX patient reviews, appointments, phone number and quality report. Compare Dr. Smith to other nearby General Dentists in Texas.
Severance Package by Duane Swierczynski - Book - Read Online
Read Severance Package by Duane Swierczynski for free with a 30 day free trial. Read unlimited* books and audiobooks on the web, iPad, iPhone and Android.
Duane Fonseca - Mendeley
Connect and collaborate with Duane Fonseca at Federal University of Rio Grande, with research interests in Ageing and Crustacea, on Mendeley.
Animal Science and Industry: Merle Cunningham, Duane Acker, Mickey LaTour | NHBS Book Shop
Buy Animal Science and Industry (9780130462565) (9780135249017): NHBS - Merle Cunningham, Duane Acker, Mickey LaTour, Prentice Hall
Duane Reade Pharmacy - New Hyde Park, NY Locations - GoodRx
Find your nearest Duane Reade Pharmacy in New Hyde Park, NY. View store hours, reviews, contact information and prescription savings with GoodRx.
Duane Reade Pharmacy - 37 Broadway New York NY 10006 - GoodRx
Duane Reade Pharmacy at 37 Broadway New York NY. Get pharmacy hours, services, contact information and prescription savings with GoodRx!
Pandora - Strategic Management 12e : Concepts : Competitiveness and Globalization - R. Duane Ireland - Kitap - ISBN...
Strategic Management 12e : Concepts : Competitiveness and Globalization - R. Duane Ireland - Cengage : South Western - 242,00TL - 9781305502208 - Kitap
Buy Viagra Duane Reade, Viagra Buy Cheap - Buy Generic Drugs Online Landscapedesigners
Buy viagra duane reade. Viagra buy cheap. Lowest Prices and Satisfaction Guaranteed! Discount Prescription Drugs. Fast order delivery. Cheapest drugs online - buy and save money!
HDER Chapter 7
1 Gish, Duane, Evolution: The Challenge of the Fossil Record (Master Books Pub., San Diego, 1985), pp. 74-76.. 2 George, T. Neville, Science Progress, 48, Jan. 1960, p. 3.. 3 Romer, Alfred, Vertebrate Paleontology, 3rd Edition (Univ. of Chicago Press, 1966), p.314; Sunderland, Luther D., Darwins Enigma (Master Book Pub., San Diego, 1984) p. 62.. 4 Simpson, G.G., The Meaning of Evolution (Bantam Books, Inc., New York, 1971), pp. 16-19; Axelrod, Daniel I., Science, 128, 4 July 1958, p. 7.. 5 Darwin, Charles, The Origin of Species (J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd., London, 1971), pp. 314-316.. 6 Romer, Alfred, ref. 3, pp. 15, 23; Ommanney, F.D., The Fishes (Time Inc., New York, 1964), p. 60.. 7 Romer, Alfred, ibid., pp. 25, 47; Harland, W.B., et al., Editors, The Fossil Record (Geological Soc. of London, 1967), p. 630.. 8 Romer, Alfred, ref. 3, p. 79.. 9 Ibid., pp. 79, 87, 88.. 10 Ibid., pp. 87, 98, 100, 101.. 11 Gish, Duane, ref. 1, pp. 74-76.. 12 Harland, W.B., et al., ref. 7, pp. 686, 696; Gish, Duane, ...
Chester County, PA - Official Website
Off the farm, Duane and Marilyn are strong advocates for the dairy industry at the local, state and federal levels. Marilyn, who received the 2017 Dairy Woman of the Year by the World Dairy Expo, writes a monthly column for Hoards Dairyman, serves on the National Dairy and Research Promotion Board, and is Chair of Dairy Management, Inc., the nations dairy check off board for research and promotion. Duane serves on the national board of Land OLakes, the member-owned dairy cooperative that processes Ar-Joy Farms milk into butter, chocolate and fluid milk. Despite their busy schedules, Duane and Marilyn regularly open their farm to visiting agricultural delegations and accept speaking engagements to help educate the public about the importance of dairy. ...
Schinzel-Giedion Midface Retraction Syndrome disease: Malacards - Research Articles, Drugs, Genes, Clinical Trials
Genetics Home Reference : 25 Schinzel-Giedion syndrome is a severe condition that is apparent at birth and affects many body systems. Signs and symptoms of this condition include distinctive facial features, neurological problems, and organ and bone abnormalities. Because of their serious health problems, most affected individuals do not survive past childhood. Children with Schinzel-Giedion syndrome can have a variety of distinctive features. In most affected individuals, the middle of the face looks as though it has been drawn inward (midface retraction). Other facial features include a large or bulging forehead; wide-set eyes (ocular hypertelorism); a short, upturned nose; and a wide mouth with a large tongue (macroglossia). Affected individuals can have other distinctive features, including larger than normal gaps between the bones of the skull in infants (fontanelles), a short neck, low-set ears, and an inability to secrete tears (alacrima). Babies with Schinzel-Giedion syndrome often have ...
Duane Haberman, Stockmens Livestock Market Inc: Profile & Biography - Bloomberg
Duane Haberman is General Manager at Stockmens Livestock Market Inc. See Duane Habermans compensation, career history, education, & memberships.
Dusted Features [ Listed: Duane Pitre + Javelin ]
Dusted feature article.Listed: Duane Pitre + Javelin. Every Friday, Dusted Magazine publishes a series of music-related lists determined by our favorite artists. This week: Composer Duane Pitre and ample samplers Tom Van Buskirk and George Langford.
Degranon: A Science Fiction Adventure (Taldra Book 1) - Kindle edition by Duane Simolke. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @...
Degranon: A Science Fiction Adventure (Taldra Book 1) - Kindle edition by Duane Simolke. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Degranon: A Science Fiction Adventure (Taldra Book 1).
Duane Morris LLP Opens Joint Law Venture in Oman, Establishing Presence in Gulf Region
PHILADELPHIA and MUSCAT, Oman, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Duane Morris LLP Opens Joint Law Venture in Oman, Establishing Presence in Gulf Region.
EPR Retail News | Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine available at all Walgreens pharmacies, including Duane Reade pharmacies in New...
DEERFIELD, Ill., 2016-Aug-03 - /EPR Retail News/ - Walgreens is now offering vaccinations that provide protection against most strains of serogroup B meningococcal disease (bacterial meningitis) at all of its pharmacies, including Duane Reade pharmacies in New York, and Healthcare Clinics nationwide. Vaccinations are available daily without an appointment and may be covered by insurance.. Walgreens pharmacists and Healthcare Clinic nurse practitioners can administer the new meningitis B vaccines (Bexsero® or Trumenba®) in most states to individuals ages 10 through 25.* The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) specifically recommends that meningitis B vaccines may be given to provide short term protection to anyone 16 to 23 years of age.. Meningitis spreads through the exchange of respiratory and throat secretions and primarily affects adolescents and young adults. Teens and adults whose immunity has faded or live in close quarters, such as college dormitories, may also be at ...
Duane T. Gish - Creation History Wiki
Issue No. 1 (Acts & Facts, June/July 1972) contained only news items describing some of our early campus meetings. Specially featured was the meeting held by Dr. Duane Gish on the Davis campus of the University of California. This was the meeting that involved an unscheduled 2.5 hour debate with world-famous evolutionist, G. Ledyard Stebbins. A favorable response from the large student attendance and a very positive write-up in the student paper eventually led to Dr. Gishs famous cartoon booklet, Have You Been Brainwashed? which has been greatly used by the Lord in the past three decades, being distributed in the millions all over the world. From: The Mathematical Impossibility Of Evolution by Henry Morris ...
Duane Sands should be fired by the PMH for breech of its confidentiality clause! | Bahamaspress.com
Medical professionals, readers should note, must report incidents of serious crime to the police. One medical professional at Doctors Hospital added, Mr. Sands is not acting in the capacity as a professional anymore and has violated his oath of Client Confidentiality, where such information cannot be shared with anyone without the written expressed authorization by our clients to do such. One must wonder did Mr. Sands receive any authorization from the hospital to do the same or did he steal the information? This is very serious and I am certain we at Doctors Hospital would be concerned of such information about our operations or clients being thrown in the public domain like this.. Bahamas Press wonders if anyone at PMH is even concerned about this, and whether anything will be done. Our point is simple: if any doctor will become so reckless and begin throwing hspital/client information around so violently - all for ones own personal political ambitions - then certainly Duane Sands should ...
New York City pharmacies to offer overdose-combatting drug
Beginning Monday, naloxone will be available without a prescription at 650 New York City pharmacies in an effort to curb opioid overdoses in the city.. Naloxone, a medication that can prevent death if administered during an opioid overdose, will now be available over-the-counter in Duane Reade and Walgreen stores, joining Rite Aid and CVS in making the drug more available to millions of New Yorkers, the mayors office said in a statement.. RELATED:NYC pharmacies to offer anti-overdose drug without prescription. We fully support increasing access to naloxone to help combat the ongoing public health risk of drug abuse. Duane Reade and Walgreens is pleased to dispense naloxone without requiring a prescription beginning February 1 in more than 450 drugstores in New York State, including all New York City stores, said Anthony Riso, RPh, Regional Healthcare Director for Duane Reade, Walgreen Co. While naloxone is currently available today to all of our pharmacies nationwide, we will continue to ...
Executive summary: The Allman Brothers. In the early 1960s Gregg Allman worked in a wide variety of unsuccessful bands across the U.S., many with his brother Duane Allman, before finally both moved to Georgia and formed The Allman Brothers Band. Initially successful only in the South, the band managed to expand its popularity through extensive touring.. The subsequent course of the band proved to be tumultuous in the extreme, beginning with Duanes death in a motorcycle accident on 29 October 1971 and continuing in constant personality clashes, line-up changes, competing projects between members, and Greggs well-publicized marriage to Cher. Gregg has pursued an intermittent solo career throughout the various Allman Brothers shenanigans, most successfully in 1987 with the song Im No Angel. He has continued since to alternate between solo and Allman Brothers projects.. Brother: Duane Allman (musician, b. 20-Nov-1946, d. 29-Oct-1971 ...
Thalidomide promotes degradation of SALL4, a transcription factor implicated in Duane Radial Ray syndrome | eLife
Thalidomide and its derivates induce degradation of many C2H2 zinc-finger transcription factors, including SALL4, providing insight into a long-standing mystery in modern pharmacology, and starting points for future drug development.
Jean Duane GFCF Videos
Im lactose intolerant. I wrote the book on the subject. Literally. Milk Is Not for Every Body: Living with Lactose Intolerance is its name. Ive researched everything on the subject of lactose intolerance for 30 years. I know just about everything about living without dairy products. That means Ive been able to help people with dairy protein allergies, vegans, those who want to keep kosher, and others who want to reduce, limit, or eliminate dairy from the diet. I keep an eye out for information that might be useful. You can see a lot of it at my website, Steve Carpers Lactose Intolerance Clearinghouse (www.stevecarper.com/li). The Milk Free Bookstore and the Product Clearinghouse sections have something for everybody. But the site got too big to update regularly and too cluttered to find information easily. Thats why I started this blog. It really does cover the planet for lactose- and dairy-related items. I think I have the only blog in the world that does this. So please check it out ...
The Uptake of Soluble and Particulate Antigens by Epithelial Cells in by Savannah E Howe, Duane J Lickteig et al.
Intestinal epithelial cells (IECs) overlying the villi play a prominent role in absorption of digested nutrients and establish a barrier that separates the internal milieu from potentially harmful microbial antigens. Several mechanisms by which antigens of dietary and microbial origin enter the body have been identified; however whether IECs play a role in antigen uptake is not known. Using in vivo imaging of the mouse small intestine, we investigated whether epithelial cells (enterocytes) play an active role in the uptake (sampling) of lumen antigens. We found that small molecular weight antigens such as chicken ovalbumin, dextran, and bacterial LPS enter the lamina propria, the loose connective tissue which lies beneath the epithelium via goblet cell associated passageways. However, epithelial cells overlying the villi can internalize particulate antigens such as bacterial cell debris and inert nanoparticles (NPs), which are then found co-localizing with the CD11c+ dendritic cells in the lamina
Re: 89 octane OK in 2.8L V6?
Andrew Duane USG/PE ,[email protected], wrote: ,I weaned my 95 A6QW off the 93 octane months ago. Been running just ,fine since then on 87. I used a couple of tankfuls of 89 in between ,but that was OK, so I went on down to regular 87. ,No knocking, no loss of milage, no detectable problems at all. ,The manual in my car says 87 is OK, but the tank flap says 91 ,(or is it the other way around?). I suspect it is a goof from ,translating european octane numbers to american ones. Does it say 91 _RON_? Thats what mine says, and its the regular low-grade gas here in Europe. I can get 95 (regular) and 98 (super) unleaded here in Holland. Owners manual says 95 is OK. It drives fine on 95. Im not interested in paying $.10/litre extra for super. BTW Even though I drive it quite hard sometimes, I seem to get about 10 km/litre. Not bad for a 2.3- My old 80 1.8 used to do the same in start-stop traffic. Tom _______________________________________________________________________ Tom Nas Zeist, The ...
Humanitys Journey Home: We Are Bio-Cosmic Beings Learning to Live in a Living Universe by Duane Elgin
Bio-Cosmic Identity: From a living Universe perspective, our identity is immeasurably larger than our biological selves. Recall from cosmology that 96 percent of the known universe is comprised of invisible energy. We are an inseparable part of the known universe, which means that 96 percent of who we are consists of invisible energy. The 4 percent of who we are is manifest in our physical biology and the remaining 96 percent is manifest as invisible energies. We are vastly more than a skin-encapsulated being. Our biological existence is inseparable from the larger aliveness of the living Universe. Seeing ourselves as part of the fabric of creation awakens our sense of connection with, and compassion for, the totality of life. Cosmologist Brian Swimme explains that the intimate sense of self-awareness we experience bubbling up at each moment is rooted in the originating activity of the Universe. We are all of us arising together at the center of the cosmos. We once thought that we were no ...
Duane McKenna Tree of Life Contributor Profile
Molecular and Cellular Biology at Dartmouth - Duane Compton
The goals of the proposed training program are to recruit and train outstanding graduate students and to prepare them for productive careers in science. The tra...
Duane H. Hamilton, Ph.D. | Center for Cancer Research - National Cancer Institute
Dr. Hamilton is a Staff Scientist and Head of the Immunotherapeutics Group in the Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, NCI. He received his Ph.D. in Immunology from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. Dr. Hamiltons research interests include cellular immunotherapy; tumor immunology; cancer vaccines. The Immunotherapeutics Group is working to identify, and
Donald (Duane) Denney - Publications - Oregon Health & Science University
Stevens, J. R., Bigelow, L., Denney, D., Lipkin, J., Livermore, A. H., Rauscher, F. & Wyatt, R. J., Mar 1979, In : Archives of General Psychiatry. 36, 3, p. 251-262 12 p.. Research output: Contribution to journal › Article ...
Basket Case (1982) - Rotten Tomatoes
Gruesome cinematic achievement by director Frank Henenlotter. Basket Case is a bizarre horror film that shocks with grisly images of horrific stop motion. A work of blazing originality, Basket Case is a fun homage to the old school monster flicks, and Henenlotter definitely knows how to pay tribute to the genre by creating something bizarre of his own. A terrific, gory film; Basket Case is a bloody ride as Duanes deformed grotesque brother, Belial (whos the creature in the basket) wreaks havoc on those who separated him from Duane. This is one bizarre and terrific film to watch, with awesome stop motion, Basket Case is very unsettling and is not a film to easily forget. This is a well made film that showcases creativity over budget, and the result is a highly entertaining picture that should definitely appeal to fans of bizarre horror films. Basket Case delivers something strange and unflinching, but is nonetheless worthwhile in terms of original entertainment. Acting wise, there is never ...
Read Shape Understanding System - Knowledge Implementation And Learning 2013
Taking Rhetoric and Composition: patients of the Discipline. Duane Roen, Stewart Brown, and Theresa Enos. NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 1998. Living a Discipline: heart Scholarship in Honor of Richard E. In Classical Rhetorics and Rhetoricians: helpAdChoicesPublishersLegalTermsPrivacyCopyrightSocial methods and organisms. ** not delete read Shape Understanding of editing companies with your experiences. heading relative credit or alternative use pearls a multivariate presence to offer. single site and master your general Books. nt the best page on the nature. He provides through to a read Shape Understanding System of complete Goodreads, pagbabantay and folk, then allotted to a particular Other topic which is work and time as initial to honest credit, competition and space. It stretches from within his Author of tsunamis that he is to reveal and include an new site, a l work, where the Revised, sent and made baby and disrupt formed a slavery from which to enter. Through and from nt of these ...
PPT - User System Interface CSC 8570-001 PowerPoint Presentation - ID:1548109
User System Interface CSC 8570-001. Fall 2010 Instructor: Robert E. Beck. Introductions (1). Information sheet Questionnaire: student information Questions Who invented the computer mouse? When? Where? What battery operated devices do you have with you tonight? Slideshow 1548109 by duane
DB Cooper - Page 14 - Skydiving History & Trivia - Dropzone.com
The driver and ladies who where hosting me had another route in mind, but took me to these place and the moment I laid eyes on LaCamas lake I had found my river...and I also found the Washougal River on my left before turning up a road thru pastures -- I had repeatedly been told that could not be and yet there it was...then this big wide river which I did not know was a lake and Duane did not tell me differently - I had NO idea I was on a lake...the banks were steep in 1979 at the cabin site and in 2000 the water was up to the cabin site and the youth director asked me if I saw the lily pads - and he explain that just beyond those the water dropped off - that the lake had filled in ...
Dog the Bounty Hunter Suffers Heart Emergency Months After Wifes Death
Reality star Duane Chapman is reported to have spent his weekend in a Colorado hospital as doctors perform tests to determine if he will need a corrective surgery.
Mediterranean lifestyle and cardiovascular disease prevention - DRO
Georgousopoulou, Ekavi, Mellor, Duane, Naumovski, Nenad, Polychronopoulos, Evangelos, Tyrovolas, Stefanos, Piscopo, Suzanne, Valacchi, Giuseppe, Anastasiou, Foteini, Zeimbekis, Akis, Bountziouka, Vassiliki, Gotsis, Efthimios, Metallinos, George, Tyrovola, Dimitra, Foscolou, Alexander, Tur, Josep-Antoni, Matalas, Antonia-Leda, Lionis, Christos, Sidossis, Labros and Panagiotakos, Demosthenes 2017, Mediterranean lifestyle and cardiovascular disease prevention, Cardiovascular diagnosis and therapy, vol. 7, no. Sup 1, pp. S39-S47, doi: 10.21037/cdt.2017.03.11. ...
Its not easy to win anywhere on the road, especially here. I am really proud of our guys, they hung in there, UE head coach Marty Simmons said. Christian played really well, that is what you expect from your seniors. This is just a great road win for us. Josh Robinson was the top scorer for the Governors (4-7) as he totaled 24 points while playing all 40 minutes. He hit 12 out of 13 free throws. Zach Glotta went 4-5 from outside on his way to 14 tallies. Neither offense was able to get rolling in the early minutes as Austin Peay held a 5-4 edge at the 15:42 mark. Evansville made just one of its first six attempts from the field. Duane Gibson hit a layup with 10:47 left in the period to give UE a 13-11 lead before Austin Peay made the first big run of the game. The Governors reeled off 11 in a row over the next four minutes to go up 22-13. They hit four out of six shots in the run, including a pair of triples. Ryan Taylor hit a trey of his own to end the run as the Aces completed the half on a ...
Iowa Hall of Shame
Theresa Maher knows that when this story hits the internet, trolls will have a field day with their opinion of her mother and her condition. She doesn t care. They don t know Pamela Jean Bullington or what she has lived through. Maher has got a question she feels needs to be answered: If her mother were any other woman, would she have to endure the extreme discomfort she s going through at the Polk County Jail? Bullingtons situation raises larger questions about whether the jail and its for-profit medical contractor are making decisions to cut costs at the expense of inmates suffering. The 57-year-old made headlines a year and a half ago after she allegedly shot her longtime boyfriend, Jack Duane Dennis, in the head with a pistol and then called police. She reportedly told a dispatcher she would be sitting on the back porch, waiting for officers at a house the two shared near the Iowa State Fairgrounds on Des Moines east side. Bullington has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. She told ...
The Distant Ocean: Never talk to any police officer under any circumstances
You should never talk to any police officer under any circumstances. Why not? Take it away, Professor James Duane: If there were any justice, this guy would be appointed Emperor of the Milky Way. Thanks to commenter Willy at A...
Author: 3 selected / Academic Unit: Taub Institute / Subject: Medical sciences and Coronary heart disease | Search Results |...
Ye, Siqin; Shaffer, Jonathan A.; Kang, Min Suk; Harlapur, Manjunath; Muntner, Paul; Epel, Elissa; Guernsey, Duane; Schwartz, Joseph E.; Davidson, Karina W.; Kirkland, Susan; Honig, Lawrence S.; Shimbo, ...
How to make your dick bigger without taking pills - Titan gel nabavka
How to make your dick bigger without taking pills, Male enhancement duane reade Best male orgasm enhancers Penis enlargement gym Penile growth tips
NIFEDIPINE Coupon - Get Instant NIFEDIPINE Savings
Get NIFEDIPINE coupons & save on NIFEDIPINE medicine purchases. Redeem your NIFEDIPINE coupon at CVS, Walgreens, K-mart, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite-aid, Costco, Duane Reade, Stop & Shop, Winn Dixie, Shaws, Longs & most private ph
Beauty Counter Makeover - WSJ
When drugstores go upscale, or at least shiny and new as Duane Reade recently has, somethings going on. Attention must be paid.
SUCRALFATE Coupon - Get Instant SUCRALFATE Savings
Get SUCRALFATE coupons & save on SUCRALFATE medicine purchases. Redeem your SUCRALFATE coupon at CVS, Walgreens, K-mart, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite-aid, Costco, Duane Reade, Stop & Shop, Winn Dixie, Shaws, Longs & most private ph
Rigor Mortis: The Walking Dead: Review of Episode 1, Days Gone Bye
Just as the focus on Rick was wearing thin (in that OK, we get it...hes fucked up and buggin at all this, can we move along cuz even the camera angles are becoming cliché kinda way), thank the great zombie gods we were blessed with the appearance of Morgan and Duane - not only for the shows exposition, but for some other people-people. Unfortunately, like the majority of the shows cast thus far we are kicked in the pants with the initial appearance of this traumatized father and son duo. Understandably, the pair is FUBAR thanks to the Zed crisis, but their characters are introduced a little too aggressively and we as viewers still arent even sure WTF is happening. Rick may look a little toasted, but he aint exactly zombie-looking, yet BAM! Hes clocked with the shovel and next thing we know Rick is tied to the rack in some bedroom (Ooph! Sounds kinda hawt, now all we needed is Michelle Pfeiffer in her CATWOMAN outfit). These beat-you-over-the-head introductions (err, no pun intended, ...
Recruiting Animal: How To Train For Physical Fitness
From: Daniel Duane, Fitness Crazed (edited) Athletic coaches the world over know how to get people fit: every week for several months, take a few short runs midweek and a single long run on the weekend. Make sure the long run gets a little bit longer each time. Before you know it, youll be able to run 26.2 miles. This works because the human body is an adaptation machine. If you force it to do something a little harder than it has had to do recently, it will respond - afterward, while you rest - by changing enough to be...
the joy of sox: G118: White Sox 6, Red Sox 5
1978 - The Red Sox trip the Indians, 6-5, in 13 innings as Butch Hobson scores the tying run on a bizarre play: He lofts a pop fly behind second base and races around to 2B as 2B Duane Kuiper loses the ball in the sun. Kuiper picks up the ball but bumps into 1B Andre Thornton and the ball rolls towards first base and C Bo Diaz. With Hobson motoring towards 3B, Diaz overthrows the base. Hobson, having slid into the third, picks himself up and races home. The throw from the outfield is in time to Diaz, but he cant get the ball out of his glove and a sliding Hobson is home free. A George Scott double and Rick Burleson single then wins the game. [box ...
Spider-Man: The Lizard Sanction - Audiobook | Audible.com
Written by Diane Duane, Narrated by full cast. Download the app and start listening to Spider-Man: The Lizard Sanction today - Free with a 30 day Trial! Keep your audiobook forever, even if you cancel. Dont love a book? Swap it for free, anytime.
Artiloo.com :: Voir le sujet - Thursday night time American footbal anger blows up
Thank you for getting in contact with us all. All of us ng received your current submitting. Time for Reading The particular Seahawks received the get, but their Tremendous Serving probabilities had taken a massive struck Thurs evening using Richard Sherman bringing their Achilles Jack Koerner Jersey.Sherman s teammate, Doug Baldwin, chatted away following the 22-16 conquer the Cardinals to occasion the mid-week game titles inside probably the toughest conditions nevertheless. This [expletive] ought to be illegal, Baldwin instructed your (Tacoma) Information Tribune. It is not OK. It isnt OK. Youll be able to estimate myself on that. Baldwin taken his quadriceps within pregame warmups, but nevertheless experienced 5 attracts pertaining to 89 yards. The particular Seahawks in addition lost quit deal with Duane Brown (ankle joint), working back D.T. Prosise (foot), shielding handle Jarran Reed (hamstring), shielding end Honest Clark (upper leg), basic safety Kam Chancellor (stinger) and also ...
Ales & Ideas: The Global Campaign to End Polio with Lessons for our Local Community Immunization Efforts | Clatsop Community...
FEBRUARY 26: UPDATED NEW LOCATION: Upstairs in the Fort George Public House, 1483 Duane St, Astoria Clatsop Community College and the Fort George Brewery announce the fourth program of the 2013/2014 Ales & Ideas education series, Thursday, February 27 at 7pm in the Fort George Lovell Showroom.
Drs. Duane and McCurdy are dental professionals dedicated to general, family, and cosmetic dentistry with services including dental exams, dental makeovers, teeth whitening, veneers, crowns, x-rays, fluoride, cleanings, and more.
TICRR/TRESLIN protein expression is cell cycle regulated by the CUL4-DDB1 E3 Ligase
TICRR/TRESLIN protein expression is cell cycle regulated by the CUL4-DDB1 E3 Ligase Kimberlie A. Wittig1,2, Courtney G. Sansam2, Tyler D. Noble1,2, Duane Goins2, Christopher L. Sansam1,2* 1 Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104,...
Hassane Lab | Weill Cornell Leukemia Program
Overview Duane C. Hassane, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Computational Biomedicine in the Department of Medicine and the Institute for Computational Biomedicine at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City, leading the Translational Genomics Program in Hematologic Malignancies. Dr. Hassane graduated from the University of Rochester where he received undergraduate and graduate degrees…
The drink will flow and blood will spill - Biltwell Inc.
Kutty and Duane Ballard are unveiling their newest bikes in Vegas Oct 1st.Both are long, low, digger-style bikes in really flamboyant colors.Kuttys is a Shovel called the Plum Smuggler andDuanes is the CB750-powered Pink Taco.These BFFs are busting ass to get em wrapped up so go check em out at Dinos if you c
Dog The Bounty Hunters family beg him to make major life changes after health scare | Metro News
Duane Dog The Bounty Hunter Chapmans family urged him to change his lifestyle, after he was rushed to hospital with chest pains, following a suspected heart attack.
Ketajaman penglihatan - Wikipedia Bahasa Melayu, ensiklopedia bebas
Duanes Clinical Ophthalmology, V.1 C.5, V.1 C.33, V.2 C.2, V.2 C.4, V.5 C.49, V.5 C.51, V.8 C.17, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004 ...
ISBN 978-1-5036-0652-4. Saiduzzafar, Hamida (1959-11-01). "Variant of Duane's Retraction Syndrome". British Journal of ...
Heterozygous missense mutations in this gene cause Duane's retraction syndrome 2 (DURS2). "RCSB Protein Data Bank - Structure ... "Human CHN1 mutations hyperactivate α2-chimaerin and cause Duane's retraction syndrome". Science. 321 (5890): 839-43. Bibcode: ... GeneReviews/NCBI/NIH/UW entry on Duane syndrome Chimerin+1 at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings ( ...
The exception is when it is congenitally acquired as in Duane-Retraction Syndrome and Marcus Gunn phenomenon.) Trauma to the ... Rarely, it occurs as part of syndromes with neuroendocrine problems, such as Kallman syndrome. The prognosis is usually good ... A more specific synkinesis, crocodile tears syndrome (hyperlacrimation upon eating), has been shown to respond exceedingly well ... In association with other abnormalities, mirror hand movements are a hallmark of Kallmann syndrome. Genetic mutations ...
... have been associated with Duane retraction syndrome. CPA6 processes several neuropeptides, including [Met]- and [Leu]- ... "A peptidase gene in chromosome 8q is disrupted by a balanced translocation in a duane syndrome patient". Investigative ...
Individuals with nystagmus, Duane's retraction syndrome, 4th Nerve Palsy, and other eye movement disorders experience an ...
Congenital fourth nerve palsy Inferior oblique overaction Brown's syndrome Duane's retraction syndrome Double elevator palsy ...
List of MeSH codes (C11)
Duane retraction syndrome MeSH C11.590.312 - Miller Fisher syndrome MeSH C11.590.400 - nystagmus, pathologic MeSH C11.590. ... duane retraction syndrome MeSH C11.270.468 - gyrate atrophy MeSH C11.270.564 - optic atrophies, hereditary MeSH C11.270.564.400 ... horner syndrome MeSH C11.710.570 - mydriasis MeSH C11.710.800 - tonic pupil MeSH C11.710.800.180 - adie syndrome MeSH C11.744. ... Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome MeSH C11.270.060 - aniridia MeSH C11.270.060.950 - WAGR syndrome MeSH C11.270.142 - choroideremia ...
Duane's retraction syndrome, eye retraction syndrome, retraction syndrome, congenital retraction syndrome and Stilling-Türk- ... "Orphanet: Duane retraction syndrome". www.orpha.net. Retrieved 28 April 2019. Duane A (1905). "Congenital Deficiency of ... Around 10-20% of cases are familial; these are more likely to be bilateral than non-familial Duane syndrome. Duane syndrome has ... Hotchkiss MG, Miller NR, Clark AW, Green WR (May 1980). "Bilateral Duane's retraction syndrome. A clinical-pathologic case ...
Duane's name is associated with a few medical eponyms, including "Duane's parallax test", "Duane's retraction syndrome" and " ... "Duane's prism test for latent squint". Ophthalmology Hall of Fame, Alexander Duane (biography) Obituary from PubMed (Originally ... Alexander Duane (September 1, 1858 - June 10, 1926) was an American ophthalmologist who was a native of Malone, New York. He ... Duane is remembered for contributions made in the study of the eye and vision, including aspects such as refraction, ...
Duane-radial ray syndrome
Duane Anomaly Limitation of abduction of the eye Retraction of the globe Narrowing of the palpebral fissure during adduction ... Also known as Duane syndrome, Duane anomaly is a congenital strabismus syndrome that is characterized by certain eye movements ... Duane-radial ray syndrome has two major features that appear in the majority of cases. These two features are Duane anomaly and ... The features of Duane-radial ray syndrome also overlap with those of a condition called Holt-Oram syndrome; however, these two ...
List of OMIM disorder codes
EFEMP1 Dravet syndrome; 607208; SCN1A Duane retraction syndrome 2; 604356; CHN1 Duane-radial ray syndrome; 607323; SALL4 Dubin- ... AKAP9 Long QT syndrome-3; 603830; SCN5A Long QT syndrome-4; 600919; ANK2 Long QT syndrome-7; 170390; KCNJ2 Long QT syndrome-9; ... TGFBR2 Long QT syndrome 12; 612955; SNT1 Long QT syndrome 13; 613485; KCNJ5 Long QT syndrome-1; 192500; KCNQ1 Long QT syndrome- ... KRAS Noonan syndrome 4; 610733; SOS1 Noonan syndrome 5; 611553; RAF1 Noonan syndrome 6; 613224; NRAS Noonan-like syndrome with ...
Wabbels BK, Lorenz B, Kohlhase J (Dec 2004). "No evidence of SALL4-mutations in isolated sporadic duane retraction "syndrome" ( ... "SALL4 mutations in Okihiro syndrome (Duane-radial ray syndrome), acro-renal-ocular syndrome, and related disorders". Human ... "SALL4 mutations in Okihiro syndrome (Duane-radial ray syndrome), acro-renal-ocular syndrome, and related disorders". Human ... "Duane radial ray syndrome (Okihiro syndrome) maps to 20q13 and results from mutations in SALL4, a new member of the SAL family ...
List of MeSH codes (C10)
... mobius syndrome MeSH C10.292.562.250 - duane retraction syndrome MeSH C10.292.562.350 - miller fisher syndrome MeSH C10.292. ... cri-du-chat syndrome MeSH C10.597.606.643.210 - de lange syndrome MeSH C10.597.606.643.220 - down syndrome MeSH C10.597.606.643 ... melas syndrome MeSH C10.228.140.163.100.540 - menkes kinky hair syndrome MeSH C10.228.140.163.100.545 - merrf syndrome MeSH ... guillain-barre syndrome MeSH C10.668.829.350.500 - miller fisher syndrome MeSH C10.668.829.425 - isaacs syndrome MeSH C10.668. ...
List of MeSH codes (C16)
Duane retraction syndrome MeSH C16.320.290.468 - gyrate atrophy MeSH C16.320.290.564 - optic atrophies, hereditary MeSH C16.320 ... MeSH C16.131.077.065 - Alagille syndrome MeSH C16.131.077.095 - Angelman syndrome MeSH C16.131.077.112 - Bardet-Biedl syndrome ... branchio-oto-renal syndrome MeSH C16.131.260.190 - cri du chat syndrome MeSH C16.131.260.210 - De Lange syndrome MeSH C16.131. ... branchio-oto-renal syndrome MeSH C16.320.180.190 - cri du chat syndrome MeSH C16.320.180.210 - De Lange syndrome MeSH C16.320. ...
Familial occurrence of Brown's syndrome has been reported. Strabismus Strabismus surgery Pediatric ophthalmology Duane syndrome ... Intermittent forms of vertical retraction syndrome have been associated with click, which occurs as the restriction is released ... and simulated sheath syndrome, which characterized all cases in which the clinical features of a sheath syndrome caused by ... superior oblique click syndrome). Diagnosis of Brown's syndrome usually happens during a routine ophthalmologic appointment.[ ...
Duane Retraction Syndrome 1
... Common Name(s). Duane Retraction Syndrome 1, Duane syndrome type 1 ... "Duane Retraction Syndrome 1" (open studies are recruiting volunteers) and 0 "Duane Retraction Syndrome 1" studies with "all" ... Duane syndrome type 1 is the most common type of Duane syndrome, an eye movement disorder that is present at birth. People with ... The terms "Duane Retraction Syndrome 1" returned 0 free, full-text research articles on human participants. ...
Isolated Duane retraction syndrome: MedlinePlus Genetics
Isolated Duane retraction syndrome is a disorder of eye movement. Explore symptoms, inheritance, genetics of this condition. ... medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/isolated-duane-retraction-syndrome/ Isolated Duane retraction syndrome. ... Duane retraction syndrome can also occur as part of syndromes that affect other areas of the body. For example, Duane-radial ... When isolated Duane retraction syndrome is caused by CHN1 mutations, it has an autosomal dominant inheritance pattern. ...
Simultaneous Occurrence of Duane Retraction Syndrome with Marfan Syndrome
... Mihir Kothari,1,2,3 Florence Manurung,1,2 and ... S. Rozen, Y. Rozenman, and N. Arnon, "Marfanoid hypermobility syndrome associated with Duanes retraction syndrome," Annals of ... B. Appukuttan, E. Gillanders, S. H. Juo et al., "Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome to chromosome 2q31," ... D. D. Pfaffenbach, H. E. Cross, and T. P. Kearns, "Congenital anomalies in Duanes retraction syndrome," Archives of ...
Orphanet: Duane retraction syndrome
Duane retraction syndrome. Disease definition Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital form of strabismus characterized ... Differential diagnosis includes Duane-radial ray syndrome, acro-renal-ocular syndrome, Bosley-Salih-Alorainy syndrome, Townes- ... Wildervanck syndrome, Goldenhar syndrome, horizontal gaze palsy with progressive scoliosis, Moebius syndrome and congenital ... Thus, globe retraction results from co-contraction of the medial and lateral rectus muscles on attempted adduction. Autosomal ...
Bilateral Duane's retraction syndrome. A clinical-pathologic case report
... globe retraction, and palpebral fissure narrowing on attempted adduction. Although data from surgical and autopsy studies ... Duanes retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital eye movement disorder characterized by abduction deficiency, adduction ... Bilateral Duanes retraction syndrome. A clinical-pathologic case report Arch Ophthalmol. 1980 May;98(5):870-4. doi: 10.1001/ ... Duanes retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital eye movement disorder characterized by abduction deficiency, adduction ...
JCI - Mutant α2-chimaerin signals via bidirectional ephrin pathways in Duane retraction syndrome
Mutant α2-chimaerin signals via bidirectional ephrin pathways in Duane retraction syndrome. Alicia A. Nugent,1,2,3 Jong G. Park ... Unilateral Duanes retraction syndrome (type 1). Arch Ophthalmol. 1982;100(9):1468-1472.. View this article via: PubMed ... Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is the most common form of congenital paralytic strabismus in humans and can result from α2- ... Bilateral Duanes retraction syndrome. A clinical-pathologic case report. Arch Ophthalmol. 1980;98(5):870-874.. View this ...
Recession of both horizontal recti muscles in Duane's retraction syndrome with elevation and depression of the adducted eye
Upshoot and downshoot of the adducted eye in Duanes retraction syndrome is thought to be caused by a bridle effect of the co- ... Upshoot and downshoot of the adducted eye in Duanes retraction syndrome is thought to be caused by a bridle effect of the co- ... Recession of both horizontal recti muscles in Duanes retraction syndrome with elevation and depression of the adducted eye Am ... An 11-year-old girl had Duanes retraction syndrome type III and upshoot and downshoot of the left eye. The left lateral rectus ...
Usefulness of MR Imaging in Children without Characteristic Clinical Findings of Duane's Retraction Syndrome | American Journal...
Duanes retraction syndrome (DRS) consists of a congenital abduction deficit accompanied by retraction of the globe on ... Duanes retraction syndrome (DRS) consists of a congenital abduction deficit of the eyeball accompanied by retraction of the ... Infantile abduction deficit: Duanes retraction syndrome or abducens palsy? A study of 24 cases. Binocul Vis Strabismus Q 1996; ... Noonan CP, OConnor M. Greater severity of clinical features in older patients with Duanes retraction syndrome. Eye 1995;9:472 ...
Chromosomal microarray analysis of patients with Duane retraction syndrome - PubMed
Chromosomal microarray analysis of patients with Duane retraction syndrome Leyla Niyaz 1 , Sengul Tural 2 , Ozlem Eski Yucel 3 ... Chromosomal microarray analysis of patients with Duane retraction syndrome Leyla Niyaz et al. Int Ophthalmol. 2019 Sep. . ... Purpose: Duane retraction syndrome (DS) is a rare congenital strabismus with genetic heterogeneity. The genetic causes of DS ... The genetics of nonsyndromic bilateral Duane retraction syndrome. Abu-Amero KK, Khan AO, Oystreck DT, Kondkar AA, Bosley TM. ...
Duane Retraction Syndrome disease: Malacards - Research Articles, Drugs, Genes, Clinical Trials
Duane Retraction Syndrome 1 Duane Retraction Syndrome 2 Diseases related to Duane Retraction Syndrome via text searches within ... Duane Retraction Syndrome, also known as stilling-turk-duane syndrome, is related to duane retraction syndrome 2 and duane ... MalaCards integrated aliases for Duane Retraction Syndrome:. Name: Duane Retraction Syndrome 12 60 38 45 15 41 74 ... MalaCards organs/tissues related to Duane Retraction Syndrome:. 42 Heart, Skin, T Cells, Eye, Thyroid, Lung, Prostate ...
Isolated Duane Retraction Syndrome disease: Malacards - Research Articles, Drugs, Genes, Clinical Trials
Isolated Duane Retraction Syndrome, also known as duane retraction syndrome, is related to duane retraction syndrome 1 and ... MalaCards integrated aliases for Isolated Duane Retraction Syndrome:. Name: Isolated Duane Retraction Syndrome 25 ... Duane retraction syndrome can also occur as part of syndromes that affect other areas of the body. For example, Duane-radial ... MalaCards organs/tissues related to Isolated Duane Retraction Syndrome:. 40 Eye, Bone, Brain, Heart, Colon, Skin, Pituitary ...
Duane's retraction syndrome with facial hemiatrophy. | IMSEAR
Full text: Available Index: IMSEAR (South-East Asia) Main subject: Humans / Male / Duane Retraction Syndrome / Adult / Facial ... Full text: Available Index: IMSEAR (South-East Asia) Main subject: Humans / Male / Duane Retraction Syndrome / Adult / Facial ... Duanes retraction syndrome with facial hemiatrophy. Duanes retraction syndrome with facial hemiatrophy. ...
Duane Retraction Syndrome 2 | Hereditary Ocular Diseases
For other forms of autosomal dominant Duane syndrome, see Duane Retraction Syndrome 1 (126800) and Duane Retraction Syndrome 3 ... Features of Duane syndrome are also part of the Duane-Radial Ray Syndrome (607323). ... CHN1 mutations are not a common cause of sporadic Duanes retraction syndrome. Miyake N, Andrews C, Fan W, He W, Chan WM, Engle ... Presence of the abducens nerve according to the type of Duanes retraction syndrome. Kim JH, Hwang JM. Presence of the abducens ...
Respond to: Management of exotropic Duane retraction syndrome. | IMSEAR
Simultaneous Presentation of Duane Retraction Syndrome and Coats' Disease: A Case Report
... a 12-year-old boy with the chief complaint of eye deviation who was diagnosed later on to have Duane retraction syndrome in one ... This is the first simultaneous presentation of Duane syndrome and Coats disease ever to be reported in a young patient. ... Duane retraction syndrome and Coats disease are two relatively rare ocular conditions that occur in congenital and acquired ... 6- Kawano K, Fujita S. Duanes retraction syndrome associated with morning glory syndrome. Journal of pediatric ophthalmology ...
Duane syndrome - Wikipedia
Duanes retraction syndrome, eye retraction syndrome, retraction syndrome, congenital retraction syndrome and Stilling-Türk- ... "Orphanet: Duane retraction syndrome". www.orpha.net. Retrieved 28 April 2019. Duane A (1905). "Congenital Deficiency of ... Around 10-20% of cases are familial; these are more likely to be bilateral than non-familial Duane syndrome. Duane syndrome has ... Hotchkiss MG, Miller NR, Clark AW, Green WR (May 1980). "Bilateral Duanes retraction syndrome. A clinical-pathologic case ...
Human CHN1 mutations hyperactivate 2-chimaerin and cause Duane's retraction syndrome : Sussex Research Online
January 2019 - Volume 67 - Issue 1 : Indian Journal of Ophthalmology
Management of Duane retraction syndrome: A simplified approach. Gaur, Nripen; Sharma, Pradeep ... Familial Blau syndrome: First molecularly confirmed report from India. Janarthanan, Mahesh; Poddar, Chanchal; Sudharshan, S; ... Ligneous conjunctivitis in a Dandy-Walker syndrome: A rare case report. Srirampur, Arjun; Ramappa, Muralidhar; Chaurasia, ... When color matters: Waardenburg syndrome. Dave, Tarjani V; Pappuru, Rajeev R; Dave, Vivek P ...
Hamida Saiduzzafar - Wikipedia
Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus | May/June 1978 Issue
JCI - Volume 127, Issue 5
Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is the most common form of congenital paralytic strabismus in humans and can result from α2- ... Mutant α2-chimaerin signals via bidirectional ephrin pathways in Duane retraction syndrome. ... Mutant α2-chimaerin signals via bidirectional ephrin pathways in Duane retraction syndrome. ... Mutations in the X-linked gene encoding methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 (MeCP2) cause Rett syndrome (RTT), a neurological disorder ...
Duane syndrome - NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders)
Duanes syndrome. Eur J Neurol. 2000; 7: 145-149.. Appukuttan B., et al., Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome ... A genetic cause for individuals with DRRS (Duane radial ray syndrome; Okihiro syndrome), that is Duane syndrome (unilateral or ... The three types of Duane syndrome present as follows:. Duane syndrome type 1: The ability to move the affected eye(s) outward ... Vincent C, et al., A proposed new contiguous gene syndrome on 8q consists of bronchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome, Duane syndrome ...
May/June 2019 - Volume 43 - Issue 3 - Contributor Index : Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography
Diffusion Tensor Imaging of the Lateral Rectus Muscle in Duane Retraction Syndrome. Abdel Razek, Ahmed Abdel Khalek; Helmy, ... Diffusion Tensor Imaging of the Lateral Rectus Muscle in Duane Retraction Syndrome. Abdel Razek, Ahmed Abdel Khalek; Helmy, ... Diffusion Tensor Imaging of the Lateral Rectus Muscle in Duane Retraction Syndrome. Abdel Razek, Ahmed Abdel Khalek; Helmy, ... Diffusion Tensor Imaging of the Lateral Rectus Muscle in Duane Retraction Syndrome. Abdel Razek, Ahmed Abdel Khalek; Helmy, ...
Search of: Recruiting, Not yet recruiting, Available Studies | 'Bell Palsy' - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov
Dr. Cereesa Longest, MD - Elk Grove Village, IL - Ophthalmology | Healthgrades.com
Dr. Annie Kuo, MD | Portland, OR | Healthgrades
Search of: 'MERRF Syndrome' OR 'Mitochondrial Myopathies' OR 'myoclonic epilepsy with ragged-red fibers' - List Results -...
Duane Retraction Syndrome. *Duane Radial Ray Syndrome. *(and 23 more...). Observational. *Boston Childrens Hospital ... L-arginine Therapy on Endothelium-dependent Vasodilation & Mitochondrial Metabolism in MELAS Syndrome. *MELAS Syndrome ... Phenotypical characteristics of Leigh syndrome. 200. All. up to 100 Years (Child, Adult, Senior). NCT03137355. HSC-MS-14-0907. ... MERRF Syndrome OR Mitochondrial Myopathies OR myoclonic epilepsy with ragged-red fibers (36 records) ...
Axon guidance in the developing ocular motor system and Duane retraction syndrome depends on Semaphorin signaling via alpha2...
Extraocular muscles: anatomy and clinical investigation. - Free Online Library
a. Duanes retraction syndrome b. Browns syndrome c. Strabismus fixus d. Johnsons adherence syndrome 7. Which of the ... Duanes syndrome This condition is characterised by narrowing of the palpebral fissure and retraction of the globe during ... Duanes retraction syndrome, fibrosis of the EOMs, and Chronic Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia have neurogenic and ... Examples include Browns syndrome, the adherence syndromes (11) and strabismus fixus. There are a number of acquired conditions ...
Duane's RetractiGlobe retractionStrabismusAdductionCases of Duane retractiAbnormalitiesExotropiaEsotropiaFamilialAnomaliesStilling-Turk-Duane SyndromeGenesCHN1OkihiroMarfan SyndromeGenePtosisIncludes Duane-radial rDiseaseAbducensInheritanceEyeballMusclesGoldenharMutationsAmblyopiaSixth nerveTypes of Duane syndromeDisorderLateralSuperior rectus126800ChromosomeMoebiusPalsyOccursTranspositionDisordersClinical
- Chung M, Stout JT, Borchert MS. Clinical diversity of hereditary Duane's retraction syndrome. (medlineplus.gov)
- Magnetic resonance imaging evidence for widespread orbital dysinnervation in dominant Duane's retraction syndrome linked to the DURS2 locus. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bilateral Duane's retraction syndrome. (nih.gov)
- Duane's retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital eye movement disorder characterized by abduction deficiency, adduction limitation, globe retraction, and palpebral fissure narrowing on attempted adduction. (nih.gov)
- Upshoot and downshoot of the adducted eye in Duane's retraction syndrome is thought to be caused by a bridle effect of the co-contracting horizontal recti muscles. (nih.gov)
- An 11-year-old girl had Duane's retraction syndrome type III and upshoot and downshoot of the left eye. (nih.gov)
- Duane's retraction syndrome (DRS) consists of a congenital abduction deficit of the eyeball accompanied by retraction of the globe on attempted adduction and by upshoots or downshoots of the affected eye on adduction. (ajnr.org)
- Duane's retraction syndrome with facial hemiatrophy. (bvsalud.org)
- Other names for this condition include: Duane's retraction syndrome, eye retraction syndrome, retraction syndrome, congenital retraction syndrome and Stilling-Türk-Duane syndrome. (wikipedia.org)
- Duane's retraction syndrome (DRS) is a complex congenital eye movement disorder caused by aberrant innervation of the extraocular muscles by axons of brainstem motor neurons. (sussex.ac.uk)
- 1980) Bilateral Duane's retraction Syndrome. (springer.com)
- Miller NR, Kiel StM, Green WR, Clark AW (1982) Unilateral Duane's retraction Syndrome (Type 1). (springer.com)
- Mutations in this gene are associated with Duane's retraction syndrome 2 (DURS2). (origene.com)
- Duane's retraction syndrome and juvenile Batten's disease: A new association? (ucl.ac.uk)
- There is a group of conditions called Duane's retraction syndrome, which fits into what you are describing. (ndtv.com)
- Congenital strabismus in which abduction is limited in one or both eyes is called Duane's Retraction Syndrome. (docneuro.com)
- Extraocular muscle transposition procedures have been used to treat abducens palsy, Duane's retraction syndrome, double-elevator palsy and other complex ocular motility abnormalities. (uzh.ch)
- Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital form of strabismus characterized by horizontal eye movement limitation, globe retraction and palpebral fissure narrowing in attempted adduction. (orpha.net)
- and type III: limited abduction and adduction, globe retraction, narrowing of palpebral fissure on adduction and eyes are straight in primary position with no head turn. (orpha.net)
- Thus, globe retraction results from co-contraction of the medial and lateral rectus muscles on attempted adduction. (orpha.net)
- Thus, many children with DRS present only with an abduction deficit before later developing these typical diagnostic signs of DRS, such as globe retraction or upshoots or downshoots. (ajnr.org)
- The essential features are globe retraction upon adduction with narrowing of the lid fissure and some limitation of abduction. (arizona.edu)
- EMG studies have documented simultaneous activation of the two muscles which likely accounts for at least some of the globe retraction. (arizona.edu)
- Duane syndrome is a rather rare ocular motility disorder (1%-5% of patients with strabismus) with abnormal muscle innervations and impaired horizontal eye movements (co-contraction of medial and lateral rectus muscles), globe retraction, palpebral fissure narrowing, and esotropia or exotropia in primary position. (ac.ir)
- Fissure changes, and the other associated characteristics of Duane's such as up or down shoots and globe retraction, are also vital when deciding whether any abduction limitation is the result of Duane's and not a consequence of VI or abducens cranial nerve palsy. (wikipedia.org)
- Patient can be kept under observation if there is no significant strabismus in primary gaze, anomalous head position, cosmetically unacceptable upshoots/downshoots, or globe retraction. (medscape.com)
- Never perform rectus resection because this is likely to increase globe retraction. (medscape.com)
- Surgical management of severe cocontraction, globe retraction, and pseudo-ptosis in Duane syndrome. (medscape.com)
- Individuals with DRS typically manifest horizontal eye movement limitation, globe retraction with palpebral fissure narrowing in attempted adduction. (molvis.org)
- Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is characterized by congenital horizontal duction deficit, narrowing of the palpebral fissure on adduction, and globe retraction with occasional upshoot or downshoot in adduction. (arvojournals.org)
- Duane retraction syndrome (DS) is a rare congenital strabismus with genetic heterogeneity. (cdc.gov)
- It is a congenital and non-progressive strabismus syndrome. (arizona.edu)
- Duane syndrome is a congenital rare type of strabismus most commonly characterized by the inability of the eye to move outward. (wikipedia.org)
- Duane syndrome falls under the larger heading of strabismus (misalignment of the eyes) under the sub-classification of incomitant strabismus (misalignment of the eyes that varies with gaze directions) and subheading of what was previously termed extraocular fibrosis syndromes (conditions associated with fibrosis of the muscles that move the eyes), now termed congenital cranial dysinnervation disorders (CCDDs). (rarediseases.org)
- Engle E. The genetics of strabismus: Duane, Moebius, and fibrosis syndromes. (medscape.com)
- He is collaborating with the laboratory of Elizabeth Engle, MD to study the genetic contributions of common and complex strabismus (including the congenital cranial dysinnervation disorders (CCDDs) such as congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles (CFEOM) and Duane syndrome. (childrenshospital.org)
- He is developing new approaches to strabismus surgery for complex cases, including adjustable sutures that can be adjusted several days after surgery, and superior rectus transposition (SRT) for Duane syndrome and sixth nerve palsy. (childrenshospital.org)
- Here at Children's Hospital Boston, our experts in strabismus and pediatric ophthalmology have decades of experience treating Duane syndrome (and the full spectrum of related vision disorders). (childrenshospital.org)
- Duane syndrome-which is also known as Duane's syndrome or Duane retraction syndrome -is a rare form of strabismus , or misalignment of the eye. (childrenshospital.org)
- Where most forms of strabismus leave side-to-side eye movements intact, in Duane syndrome the "wiring" of the eye muscles gets jumbled, and movement of eye(s) is limited in certain directions. (childrenshospital.org)
- Duane syndrome, also called Duane retraction syndrome (DRS), is a congenital and non-progressive type of strabismus due to abnormal development of the 6th cranial nerve. (aapos.org)
- People with Duane syndrome have restricted ability to move the affected eye(s) outward toward the ear (abduction) and/or inward toward the nose (adduction). (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- Duane syndrome type 1 is characterized by absent to very restricted abduction and normal to mildly restricted adduction. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- The incidence of severe retraction on adduction and the presence of upshoots and downshoots, which are clinically considered diagnostic signs of DRS in patients with abduction deficit, however, were reported to be significantly lower in children with DRS than in adults ( 5 , 6 ). (ajnr.org)
- Neither patient showed any definite retraction of the globe on attempted adduction or upshoots or downshoots of the right eye on adduction. (ajnr.org)
- The ocular movement was limited in abduction and adduction along with the narrowing of palpebral fissure and retraction of the globe in attempted adduction of right eye (Figure 1). (ac.ir)
- Retraction of the eyeball into the socket on adduction, with associated narrowing of the palpebral fissure (eye closing). (wikipedia.org)
- The clinician must be persistent in examining abduction and adduction, and in looking for any associated palpebral fissure changes or head postures, when attempting to determine whether what often presents as a common childhood squint (note-"squint" is a British term for two eyes not looking in the same direction) is in fact Duane syndrome. (wikipedia.org)
- Duane syndrome (DS) is an eye movement disorder present at birth (congenital) characterized by horizontal eye movement limitation: a limited ability to move the eye inward toward the nose (adduction), outward toward the ear (abduction), or in both directions. (rarediseases.org)
- Duane syndrome type 1: The ability to move the affected eye(s) outward toward the ear (abduction) is limited, but the ability to move the affected eye(s) inward toward the nose (adduction) is normal or nearly so. (rarediseases.org)
- Duane A. Congenital deficiency of abduction, associated with impairment of adduction, retraction movements, contraction of the palpebral fissure and oblique movements of the eye. (medscape.com)
- Duane retraction syndrome 3 with or without deafness (DURS3): A form of Duane retraction syndrome, a congenital eye movement disorder characterized by a failure of cranial nerve VI (the abducens nerve) to develop normally, resulting in restriction or absence of abduction, adduction or both, narrowing of the palpebral fissure, and retraction of the globe on attempted adduction. (nih.gov)
- A syndrome characterized by marked limitation of abduction of the eye, variable limitation of adduction and retraction of the globe, and narrowing of the palpebral fissure on attempted adduction. (icd9data.com)
- Most affected eyes had lid fissure narrowing and retraction in adduction. (arvojournals.org)
Cases of Duane retracti1
- About 70 percent of all cases of Duane retraction syndrome are isolated, which means they occur without other signs and symptoms. (medlineplus.gov)
- 70% of affected people do not have any other abnormalities at birth (isolated Duane syndrome). (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- For example, Duane-radial ray syndrome is characterized by this eye disorder in conjunction with abnormalities of bones in the arms and hands. (medlineplus.gov)
- The syndrome has some associations with different disorders and genetic abnormalities, for instance Goldenhar or Wildervanck syndrome and chromosomal anomalies such as 12q12 deletion (4). (ac.ir)
- Some retinal abnormalities have been seen in cases with Duane retraction syndrome, for instance optic nerve hypoplasia, morning glory disc anomaly, and retinitis pigmentosa (5, 6, 7). (ac.ir)
- The following associations have been reported in autosomal dominant cases of the syndrome: mutations in the CHN1 gene or abnormalities in sex chromosomes (8, 9). (ac.ir)
- While usually isolated to the eye abnormalities, Duane syndrome can be associated with other problems including cervical spine abnormalities Klippel-Feil syndrome, Goldenhar syndrome, heterochromia, and congenital deafness. (wikipedia.org)
- On testing of brainstem auditory evoked responses, findings of Duane syndrome (DS) are occasionally abnormal, suggesting widespread neurologic abnormalities. (medscape.com)
- Okihiro syndrome, characterized by radial malformation associated with Duane congenital abnormalities, is used interchangeably with DRRS. (molvis.org)
- This endophenotype is more limited than reported in DURS2-linked Duane syndrome (On-line Mendelian Inheritance in Man, OMIM 604356) and CFEOM1 (OMIM 135700), which are clinically similar congenital cranial dysinnervation disorders that also feature CN3 hypoplasia and more widespread EOM abnormalities. (arvojournals.org)
- Occasionally, Duane syndrome may be found in association with other eye problems, including disorders of other cranial nerves, nystagmus (an involuntary back-and-forth movement of the eyeball), cataract, optic nerve abnormalities, microphthalmos (abnormally small eye), and crocodile tears. (aapos.org)
- Patients with type 2 discussed here are more likely to have an exotropia with a head turn toward the uninvolved side when only one eye is involved compared with Duane syndrome type 1 ( 126800 ) in which an esotropia with a head turn to the involved side is more common. (arizona.edu)
- The authors describe a child with Möbius syndrome who presented with large bilateral abduction deficits and esotropia. (readbyqxmd.com)
- Familial isolated Duane syndrome 2 individuals usually appear in an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance caused by a mutation in CHN1 (2q31-q32.1). (arizona.edu)
- We report a familial case of the nephrogenic syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis (NSIAD), including 30-year followup data on two patients. (biomedsearch.com)
- Even though PRS has already been associated with more than 50 other syndromes, there is not any report in literature of association with familial DRS. Thus, this work aims to report a case of this association in a 29 years old patient with recurrence of the syndromes in the family. (bireme.br)
- Syndromic forms of DRS have been described resulting from mutations in SALL4 as seen in Okihiro syndrome (see this term), or from chromosomal anomalies primarily on chromosome 8. (orpha.net)
- In the absence of other anomalies, it is called isolated Duane syndrome. (arizona.edu)
- A variety of skeletal and uroglogic anomalies have been found in association with the ocular findings of Duane syndrome but no consistent pattern has been documented. (arizona.edu)
- The most common Mendelian disorders, chromosomal disorders, congenital anomalies and syndromes are all covered, and where available diagnostic criteria are included. (oup.com)
- Abstract The Pierre Robin Syndrome (PRS) consists of a triad of anomalies characterized by micrognathia, glossoptosis and fissure of the palate, usually associated with other syndromes e occasionally associated with ocular variations. (bireme.br)
- Both pregnancies were terminated in the second trimester because of multiple congenital anomalies diagnosed ultrasonographically resembling a short rib-polydactyly syndrome. (biomedsearch.com)
- Here, we report de novo heterozygous pathogenic variants (seven missense, two frameshift) in CDH2 in nine individuals with a syndromic neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by global developmental delay and/or intellectual disability, variable axon pathfinding defects (corpus callosum agenesis or hypoplasia, mirror movements, Duane anomaly), and ocular, cardiac, and genital anomalies. (elsevier.com)
- Duane Retraction Syndrome, also known as stilling-turk-duane syndrome , is related to duane retraction syndrome 2 and duane retraction syndrome 1 , and has symptoms including ophthalmoparesis and ophthalmoplegia . (malacards.org)
- However, researchers have not discovered the gene or genes responsible for autosomal recessive isolated Duane retraction syndrome. (medlineplus.gov)
- Although Dandy-Walker malformation is relatively common and several genes were linked to the syndrome, the genetic cause in the majority of cases is unknown. (readbyqxmd.com)
- When isolated Duane retraction syndrome is caused by CHN1 mutations, it has an autosomal dominant inheritance pattern. (medlineplus.gov)
- An important gene associated with Duane Retraction Syndrome is CHN1 (Chimerin 1). (malacards.org)
- Mutations in CHN1 are usually absent in nonfamilial cases of Duane syndrome. (arizona.edu)
- SALL4 -related disorders include Duane-radial ray syndrome (DRRS, Okihiro syndrome) and acro-renal-ocular syndrome (AROS). (molvis.org)
- The authors used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to study extraocular muscles (EOMs) and nerves in Duane-radial ray (Okihiro) syndrome (DRRS) caused by mutations in the transcription factor SALL4 . (arvojournals.org)
- A comparison of the Berlin and Ghent nosologies and the influence of dural ectasia in the diagnosis of Marfan syndrome," Genetics in Medicine , vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 278-282, 2000. (hindawi.com)
- Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome to chromosome 2q31. (medlineplus.gov)
- Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome to chromosome 2q31," American Journal of Human Genetics , vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 1639-1646, 1999. (hindawi.com)
- There are two known genetic associations with Duane Syndrome In some families the condition is associated with variants in the Chimerin 1 gene and in others it is associated with variants in the Transcription factor MafB gene. (wikipedia.org)
- Mutations in this gene may be linked to epilepsy and febrile seizures, and a translocation t(6;8)(q26;q13) involving this gene has been associated with Duane retraction syndrome. (genecards.org)
- Fragile X syndrome (FXS) is caused by a full mutation on the FMR1 gene and a subsequent lack of FMRP, the protein product of FMR1. (readbyqxmd.com)
- A more recent study reported that when α2-chimaerin, one of two major isoforms of α-chimaerin and known as a gene causing Duane Retraction Syndrome, was knocked-down in neurons in oculomotor nuclei, its axon guidance was impaired in zebrafish (Clark, 2013). (jnss.org)
- The group includes Duane syndrome, congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles (CFEOM), congenital ptosis, Marcus Gunn jaw winking, Möbius syndrome, crocodile tears, horizontal gaze palsy and congenital facial palsy, but this is not an exhaustive list. (rarediseases.org)
Includes Duane-radial r1
- Differential diagnosis includes Duane-radial ray syndrome, acro-renal-ocular syndrome, Bosley-Salih-Alorainy syndrome, Townes-Brocks syndrome, Athabaskan brainstem dysgenesis-related disorders, Wildervanck syndrome, Goldenhar syndrome, horizontal gaze palsy with progressive scoliosis, Moebius syndrome and congenital fibrosis of extraocular muscles (see these terms). (orpha.net)
- Introduction: Duane retraction syndrome and Coats' disease are two relatively rare ocular conditions that occur in congenital and acquired forms in children. (ac.ir)
- We present a 12-year-old boy with the chief complaint of eye deviation who was diagnosed later on to have Duane retraction syndrome in one eye and Coats' disease in the other. (ac.ir)
- This is the first simultaneous presentation of Duane syndrome and Coats' disease ever to be reported in a young patient. (ac.ir)
- Moebius syndrome (MBS) is rare disease characterized by nonprogressive congenital uni- or bi-lateral facial (i. e. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- Clinically, the disease has features of Werner syndrome with lipodystrophy, scleroderma-like alterations of the skin, alterations of the skeleton and contractures of joints. (meta.org)
- Levels of drebrin are reduced in Alzheimer Disease and Down Syndrome so our work is also relevant to the regeneration of circuits later in life by reactivating developmental mechanisms. (exeter.ac.uk)
- Moebius syndrome is characterized by congenital unilateral or bilateral facial and abducens nerve palsies (sixth and seventh cranial nerves) causing facial weakness, feeding difficulties, and restricted ocular movements. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- Unilateral lesions that damage both the abducens nucleus and the ipsilateral MLF (but not the oculomotor nucleus) produce "one-and-a-half syndrome. (docneuro.com)
- Perhaps non-congenital lesions of both abducens nuclei should be termed "Two Syndrome" since, as in the case shown above, neither eye could adduct or abduct except during convergence when the eyes adducted together. (docneuro.com)
- To evaluate surgical outcome of superior rectus transposition (SRT) in esotropic Duane syndrome (DS) and abducens nerve palsy. (readbyqxmd.com)
- Duane syndrome is most probably a miswiring of the eye muscles, causing some eye muscles to contract when they shouldn't and other eye muscles not to contract when they should. (wikipedia.org)
- Thus, co-contraction of the muscles takes place, limiting the amount of movement achievable and also resulting in retraction of the eye into the socket. (wikipedia.org)
- Electromyography of extraocular muscles in Duane''s syndrome. (medscape.com)
- Likewise, simultaneous EMG recording of the lateral and medial recti muscles revealed a paradoxical innervation of the lateral rectus muscle to be the pathogenetic principle of all forms of Duane syndrome. (medscape.com)
- Duane syndrome is due to miswiring of nerves to the eye muscles. (aapos.org)
- Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is best thought of as a special type of ocular dysmotility caused by improper innervation, or dysinnervation, of one or more extraocular muscles. (aao.org)
- Moebius syndrome is a rare neurological condition that primarily affects the muscles that control facial expression and eye movement. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- It is also seen as part of other syndromes such as Goldenhar ( 164210 ), and Wildervanck ( 314600 ). (arizona.edu)
- Mutations in alpha2-chimaerin cause the human eye movement disorder, Duane Retraction Syndrome. (sussex.ac.uk)
- Superior rectus transposition (SRT) with medial rectus recession has been used for the treatment of sixth nerve palsy and esotropic Duane retraction syndrome (DRS). The purpose of this study was to compare the results of augmented SRT (with scleral fixation) without medial rectus recession in DRS and sixth nerve palsy. (readbyqxmd.com)
Types of Duane syndrome1
- Are there different types of Duane Syndrome? (aapos.org)
- Duane syndrome type 1 is the most common type of Duane syndrome, an eye movement disorder that is present at birth. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- Isolated Duane retraction syndrome is a disorder of eye movement. (medlineplus.gov)
- Isolated Duane retraction syndrome usually occurs in people with no history of the disorder in their family. (medlineplus.gov)
- At one point the syndrome was considered to be a myopathic disorder based on histologic changes in the lateral rectus but current thought based on MRI and neurohistologic studies favors a neuropathic etiology. (arizona.edu)
- The syndrome was first described by ophthalmologists Jakob Stilling (1887) and Siegmund Türk (1896), and subsequently named after Alexander Duane, who discussed the disorder in more detail in 1905. (wikipedia.org)
- Multicentric carpotarsal osteolysis syndrome (MCTO): A rare skeletal disorder, usually presenting in early childhood with a clinical picture mimicking juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. (nih.gov)
- Our study demonstrates that de novo heterozygous variants in CDH2 impair the adhesive activity of N-cadherin, resulting in a multisystemic developmental disorder, that could be named ACOG syndrome (agenesis of corpus callosum, axon pathfinding, cardiac, ocular, and genital defects). (elsevier.com)
- Extraocular muscle dysinnervation disorder resembling Duane retraction syndrome in a 9-month-old French Bulldog. (semanticscholar.org)
- El síndrome de Duane o síndrome de Stilling-Türk-Duane es una alteración congénita de la movilidad ocular, que se produce debido a una inervación anómala del músculo del recto lateral del ojo. (dbpedia.org)
- In Duane syndrome, the 6th cranial nerve that controls the lateral rectus muscle (the muscle that rotates the eye out towards the ear) does not develop properly. (aapos.org)
- Na S ndrome de Duane (DRS), h uma falha na inerva o do reto lateral pelo VI nervo, com inerva o an mala do reto lateral por fibras do III nervo. (bireme.br)
- In Duane Retraction Syndrome (DRS), there is a failure in the lateral rectus innervation by the VI cranial nerve, with anomalous innervation of the lateral rectus by fibers of the III nerve. (bireme.br)
- Bilateral Superior Rectus Transposition With Bilateral Medial Rectus Recession for Möbius Syndrome. (readbyqxmd.com)
- Bilateral superior rectus transposition with bilateral medial rectus recession has been described successfully for treatment of Duane's syndrome but never for Möbius syndrome. (readbyqxmd.com)
- For other forms of autosomal dominant Duane syndrome, see Duane Retraction Syndrome 1 ( 126800 ) and Duane Retraction Syndrome 3 ( 617041 ). (arizona.edu)
- Key Clinical Message A patient with syndromic Duane retraction syndrome harbors a chromosome 811.1q13.2 inversion and 8p11.1-q12.3 marker chromosome containing subregions with differing mosaicism and allele frequencies. (harvard.edu)
- Moebius syndrome is caused by the absence or underdevelopment of the 6th and 7th cranial nerves, which control eye movement and facial expression. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- There is no cure for Moebius syndrome, but proper care and treatment give many individuals a normal life expectancy. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- Following organizations serve the condition "Moebius Syndrome" for support, advocacy or research. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- Our mission is to provide information and support to individuals with Moebius Syndrome and their families, promote greater awareness and understanding of Moebius Syndrome, and advocate for scientific research. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- The terms "Moebius Syndrome" returned 24 free, full-text research articles on human participants. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- An exome sequencing study of Moebius syndrome including atypical cases reveals an individual with CFEOM3A and amutation. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- Moebius syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, management and early intervention. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- It is believed that the process which ultimately results in Duane retraction syndrome occurs during the 4th to 10th week of embryogenesis (1). (ac.ir)
- Children's doctors are known nationwide for handling the most complex cases of Duane syndrome and related disorders. (childrenshospital.org)
- Children's ophthalmologists are actively involved in research that is shaping the way eye disorders like Duane syndrome are detected and treated around the world. (childrenshospital.org)
- Fragile X syndrome and fragile X-associated disorders. (readbyqxmd.com)
- Finding the right clinical trial for Duane Retraction Syndrome 1 can be challenging. (diseaseinfosearch.org)
- N. R. Miller and coauthors from the John Hopkins University performed complete intracranial and orbital pathologic examination of 2 cases of Duane syndrome in which the clinical findings were well documented. (medscape.com)
- The proband and one maternal uncle presented in their infancy with severe recurrent hyponatremia, and clinical pictures consistent with the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) in the absence of an elevated ADH level. (biomedsearch.com)
- A range of clinical involvement is also associated with the FMR1 premutation, including fragile X-associated tremor ataxia syndrome, fragile X-associated primary ovarian insufficiency, psychiatric problems, hypertension, migraines, and autoimmune problems. (readbyqxmd.com)