A type of junction that attaches one cell to its neighbor. One of a number of differentiated regions which occur, for example, where the cytoplasmic membranes of adjacent epithelial cells are closely apposed. It consists of a circular region of each membrane together with associated intracellular microfilaments and an intercellular material which may include, for example, mucopolysaccharides. (From Glick, Glossary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 1990; Singleton & Sainsbury, Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, 2d ed)
Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome
Calcium-dependent cell adhesion proteins. They are important in the formation of ADHERENS JUNCTIONS between cells. Cadherins are classified by their distinct immunological and tissue specificities, either by letters (E- for epithelial, N- for neural, and P- for placental cadherins) or by numbers (cadherin-12 or N-cadherin 2 for brain-cadherin). Cadherins promote cell adhesion via a homophilic mechanism as in the construction of tissues and of the whole animal body.
Protein exotoxins from Staphylococcus aureus, phage type II, which cause epidermal necrolysis. They are proteins with a molecular weight of 26,000 to 32,000. They cause a condition variously called scaled skin, Lyell or Ritter syndrome, epidermal exfoliative disease, toxic epidermal necrolysis, etc.
Epidermal cells which synthesize keratin and undergo characteristic changes as they move upward from the basal layers of the epidermis to the cornified (horny) layer of the skin. Successive stages of differentiation of the keratinocytes forming the epidermal layers are basal cell, spinous or prickle cell, and the granular cell.
The external, nonvascular layer of the skin. It is made up, from within outward, of five layers of EPITHELIUM: (1) basal layer (stratum basale epidermidis); (2) spinous layer (stratum spinosum epidermidis); (3) granular layer (stratum granulosum epidermidis); (4) clear layer (stratum lucidum epidermidis); and (5) horny layer (stratum corneum epidermidis).
Epidermitis, Exudative, of Swine
An acute generalized dermatitis of pigs which occurs from 5 to 35 days of age, characterized by sudden onset, with morbidity of 10 to 90% and mortality of 5 to 90%. The lesions are caused by Staphylococcus hyos but the bacterial agent is unable to penetrate the intact skin. Abrasions on the feet and legs or lacerations on the body frequently precede infection. In acute cases, a vesicular-type virus may be the predisposing factor. The causative organism is inhibited by most antibiotics. (Merck Veterinary Manual, 5th ed)
A tube-like invagination of the EPIDERMIS from which the hair shaft develops and into which SEBACEOUS GLANDS open. The hair follicle is lined by a cellular inner and outer root sheath of epidermal origin and is invested with a fibrous sheath derived from the dermis. (Stedman, 26th ed) Follicles of very long hairs extend into the subcutaneous layer of tissue under the SKIN.
A class of fibrous proteins or scleroproteins that represents the principal constituent of EPIDERMIS; HAIR; NAILS; horny tissues, and the organic matrix of tooth ENAMEL. Two major conformational groups have been characterized, alpha-keratin, whose peptide backbone forms a coiled-coil alpha helical structure consisting of TYPE I KERATIN and a TYPE II KERATIN, and beta-keratin, whose backbone forms a zigzag or pleated sheet structure. alpha-Keratins have been classified into at least 20 subtypes. In addition multiple isoforms of subtypes have been found which may be due to GENE DUPLICATION.
Lining of the ORAL CAVITY, including mucosa on the GUMS; the PALATE; the LIP; the CHEEK; floor of the mouth; and other structures. The mucosa is generally a nonkeratinized stratified squamous EPITHELIUM covering muscle, bone, or glands but can show varying degree of keratinization at specific locations.
Fluorescent Antibody Technique, Direct
Direct contact of a cell with a neighboring cell. Most such junctions are too small to be resolved by light microscopy, but they can be visualized by conventional or freeze-fracture electron microscopy, both of which show that the interacting CELL MEMBRANE and often the underlying CYTOPLASM and the intervening EXTRACELLULAR SPACE are highly specialized in these regions. (From Alberts et al., Molecular Biology of the Cell, 2d ed, p792)
The complex series of phenomena, occurring between the end of one CELL DIVISION and the end of the next, by which cellular material is duplicated and then divided between two daughter cells. The cell cycle includes INTERPHASE, which includes G0 PHASE; G1 PHASE; S PHASE; and G2 PHASE, and CELL DIVISION PHASE.
Cell Cycle Proteins
Proteins that control the CELL DIVISION CYCLE. This family of proteins includes a wide variety of classes, including CYCLIN-DEPENDENT KINASES, mitogen-activated kinases, CYCLINS, and PHOSPHOPROTEIN PHOSPHATASES as well as their putative substrates such as chromatin-associated proteins, CYTOSKELETAL PROTEINS, and TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS.
Nuclear Matrix-Associated Proteins
Swine desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) is a desmosomal intracellular adhesion molecule that is cleaved by the exfoliative toxins produced by ... Dsg1); therefore, creating an opportunity for epidermal bacterial invasion with the splitting of the stratum spinosum and ... With bacterial invasion, 1 to 2 cm (diameter) brown lesions will begin to appear within the 24 to 48 hour range; and lesions ... 89 (1): 83-94. doi:10.1016/S0378-1135(02)00177-3. PMID 12223165. Park J, Friendship RM, Weese JS, Poljak Z, Dewey CE (October ...
Proteolysis of the peptide bond leading up to the dysfunction of Dsg1 and the desmosome allows for an understanding as to why ... Toxins are produced by S. aureus and target desmoglein, which is a desmosomal cell-cell adhesion molecule found in the upper ... Which results in the cleavage of human Dsg1 at a unique site after glutamic acid residues causing deactivation. ... Exfoliating toxins are serine proteases that specifically bind to and cleave desmoglein 1 (Dsg1). Previous studies suggested ...
PV is caused by circulating autoantibodies (IgG) that target Dsg3 (Desmoglein 3) and sometimes Dsg1. PV is manifested by ... Desmoglein and desmocollin have a single pass transmembrane region plus an intracellular anchor to secure its position in the ... Desmogleins and the desmocollin Dsc "a" form contain an intracellular cadherin domain, which binds to plakoglobin. The outer ... Loss of desmoglein 4 leads to defective hair-follicle differentiation. Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is an epidermal blistering ...
Wang Y, Amagai M, Minoshima S, Sakai K, Green KJ, Nishikawa T, Shimizu N (April 1994). "The human genes for desmogleins (DSG1 ... "Entrez Gene: DSG1 desmoglein 1". Beigi, Pooya Khan Mohammad (2018). "Background". A Clinician's Guide to Pemphigus Vulgaris. ... Martínez RD (1992). "[Characterization of the desmoglein in renal cells in culture]" [Characterization of the desmoglein in ... Desmoglein-1 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the DSG1 gene. Desmoglein-1 is expressed everywhere in the skin ...
The desmogleins are a family of desmosomal cadherins consisting of proteins DSG1, DSG2, DSG3, and DSG4. They play a role in the ... Desmogleins are targeted in the autoimmune disease pemphigus. Desmoglein proteins are a type of cadherin, which is a ... These desmoglein proteins thus hold cells together, but when the body starts producing antibodies against desmoglein, these ... April 2003). "Desmoglein 4 in hair follicle differentiation and epidermal adhesion: evidence from inherited hypotrichosis and ...
Desmoglein (DSG1, DSG2, DSG3, DSG4). *Desmocollin (DSC1, DSC2, DSC3). Protocadherin. *PCDH1. *PCDH15 ... As a result, VCAM-1 is a potential drug target. References. *^ a b c GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000162692 - ... "Entrez Gene: VCAM1 vascular cell adhesion molecule 1".. *^ a b Barreiro O, Yanez-Mo M, Serrador JM, Montoya MC, Vicente- ... Vascular cell adhesion protein 1 also known as vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) or cluster of differentiation 106 ( ...
Wang Y, Amagai M, Minoshima S, Sakai K, Green KJ, Nishikawa T, Shimizu N (April 1994). "The human genes for desmogleins (DSG1 ... Desmoglein-3 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the DSG3 gene. In the skin epidermis Desmoglein-3 is expressed in the ... Desmoglein 3 has been shown to interact with PKP3. Desmoglein List of target antigens in pemphigus List of conditions caused by ... These desmoglein gene family members are located in a cluster on chromosome 18. This protein, along with Desmoglein-1, has been ...
June 1994). "Mouse desmocollin (Dsc3) and desmoglein (Dsg1) genes are closely linked in the proximal region of chromosome 18". ... Desmocollin-2 binds to desmoglein family members through a calcium-dependent interaction with its extracellular domains, and to ... Desmosomal cadherins, including the desmocollin family members and desmogleins, are found at desmosome cell-cell junctions and ... cadherins than to desmogleins". Genomics. 44 (3): 330-5. doi:10.1006/geno.1997.4894. PMID 9325054. Syed SE, Trinnaman B, Martin ...
1994). "Mouse desmocollin (Dsc3) and desmoglein (Dsg1) genes are closely linked in the proximal region of chromosome 18". ... These desmosomal family members, along with the desmogleins, are found primarily in epithelial cells where they constitute the ... 1991). "Chromosomal assignment of the human genes coding for the major proteins of the desmosome junction, desmoglein DGI (DSG ... 2000). "Different effects of dominant negative mutants of desmocollin and desmoglein on the cell-cell adhesion of keratinocytes ...
... a second member of the desmoglein subfamily of the desmosomal cadherins, is, like DSG1 coding for desmoglein DGI, assigned to ... Desmoglein-2 is the only desmoglein isoform expressed in cardiomyocytes. Desmoglein-2 is an integral component of desmosomes, ... Desmoglein-2 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the DSG2 gene. Desmoglein-2 is highly expressed in epithelial cells and ... These desmoglein gene family members are located in a cluster on chromosome 18. This second family member, desmoglein-2 is ...
Abnormal distribution of plakoglobin due to mutations in genes encoding for Desmoglein 1 and 3 have also been implicated in ... Mathur M, Goodwin L, Cowin P (May 1994). "Interactions of the cytoplasmic domain of the desmosomal cadherin Dsg1 with ... Plakoglobin binds to conserved regions of desmoglein and desmocollin at intracellular catenin-binding sites to assemble ... desmoglein DGI (DSG), desmocollins DGII/III (DSC), desmoplakins DPI/II (DSP), and plakoglobin DPIII (JUP)". Genomics. 10 (3): ...
Desmoglein (DSG1, DSG2, DSG3, DSG4) Desmocollin (DSC1, DSC2, DSC3) Protocadherins are the largest mammalian subgroup of the ... Two types of desmosomal cadherins exist, and they are called desmogleins and desmocollins that contains an intracellular anchor ... The cadherin superfamily includes cadherins, protocadherins, desmogleins, desmocollins, and more. In structure, they share ... 6 (1): 36-43. doi:10.1134/S2079057016010045. Harrison OJ, Jin X, Hong S, Bahna F, Ahlsen G, Brasch J, et al. (February 2011). " ...
Desmoglein (DSG1, DSG2, DSG3, DSG4). *Desmocollin (DSC1, DSC2, DSC3). Protocadherin. *PCDH1. *PCDH15 ... 2 (1): 15-26. doi:10.3109/15419069409014199. PMID 7982033.. *. Kido M, Obata S, Tanihara H, Rochelle JM, Seldin MF, Taketani S ... 98 (4): 1-13. doi:10.1016/j.ajhg.2016.02.018. PMC 4833290. PMID 27018473.. ...
Desmoglein (DSG1, DSG2, DSG3, DSG4). *Desmocollin (DSC1, DSC2, DSC3). Protocadherin. *PCDH1. *PCDH15 ... 84 (1): 92-9. doi:10.1172/JCI114175. PMC 303957 . PMID 2472431.. *^ Herrmann SM, Ricard S, Nicaud V, Mallet C, Evans A, ... 79 (1): 181-213. PMID 9922371.. *^ Lorenzon P, Vecile E, Nardon E, Ferrero E, Harlan JM, Tedesco F, Dobrina A (September 1998 ... 28 (1): 53-66. doi:10.1055/s-2002-20564. PMID 11885026.. *. Furie B, Furie BC (2004). "Role of platelet P-selectin and ...
Desmoglein (DSG1, DSG2, DSG3, DSG4). *Desmocollin (DSC1, DSC2, DSC3). Protocadherin. *PCDH1. *PCDH15 ... 38 (1): 178-86. doi:10.1053/jhep.2003.50270. PMID 12830000.. *^ a b Oneyama C, Nakano H, Sharma SV (March 2002). "UCS15A, a ... doi:10.1016/S0959-8049(00)00158-1. PMID 10959047.. *^ a b Weinberg, Robert (2006). The Biology of Cancer. Garland Science. pp. ... 203 (1): 519-22. doi:10.1006/bbrc.1994.2213. PMID 8074697.. *^ Hinck L, Näthke IS, Papkoff J, Nelson WJ (June 1994). "Dynamics ...
Desmoglein (DSG1, DSG2, DSG3, DSG4). *Desmocollin (DSC1, DSC2, DSC3). Protocadherin. *PCDH1. *PCDH15 ... 64 (1): 37-43. PMC 1385183 . PMID 2454887.. *^ Goodison S, Urquidi V, Tarin D (Aug 1999). "CD44 cell adhesion molecules". ... 17 (1): 3-14. doi:10.1038/sj.cr.7310118. PMID 17179981.. *^ Sillanpää S, Anttila MA, Voutilainen K, Tammi RH, Tammi MI, ... 4 (1): 33-45. doi:10.1038/nrm1004. PMID 12511867.. *. Martin TA, Harrison G, Mansel RE, Jiang WG (May 2003). "The role of the ...
Desmoglein-1 Monoclonal Mouse Antibody (DSG1/1733) | Biotium
Desmogleins consist of Dsg1, Dsg2, Dsg3, and Dsg4 isoforms. Within the desmosome, the extracellular domain of desmoglein is ... DSG1). Desmoglein-1 is a member of the desmosomal cadherin family. Desmosomes are intercellular adhering junctions that ... Desmoglein 1 is synthesized exclusively in the suprabasal layers. Intact and functionally active desmoglein 1 is essential to ... Catalog number key for antibody number 1733, Anti-Desmoglein-1 (DSG1/1733) The prefix indicates conjugation, followed by the ...
Recombinant Desmoglein 1 (DSG1), Cat#RPU41177 - Biomatik
Recombinant Desmoglein 1 (DSG1), Cat#RPU41177. Write a Review Write a Review. × ... Desmoglein 1. Alternative Names. CDHF4; DG1; DSG; Cadherin family member 4; Desmosomal glycoprotein 1; Pemphigus foliaceus ... Recombinant Desmoglein 1 (DSG1), Cat#RPU41177. Rating Required Select Rating. 1 star (worst). 2 stars. 3 stars (average). 4 ... Nature Communications, 10(1): 3667. (2019). PMID: 31413255. Title: PTPσ inhibitors promote hematopoietic stem cell regeneration ...
Recombinant Human Desmoglein-1(DSG1),partial - Cusabio
DSG1),partial. It is produced in in vitro E.coli expression system. High purity. Good price. ... Human desmogleins 1,Dsg-1 ELISA Kit. serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, cell lysates. 5.8 pg/mL. ... Recombinant Human Desmoglein-1(DSG1),partial. in vitro E.coli expression system. ... Palmoplantar keratoderma 1, striate, focal, or diffuse (PPKS1); Erythroderma, congenital, with palmoplantar keratoderma, ...
DSG1 Gene - GeneCards | DSG1 Protein | DSG1 Antibody
Desmoglein 1, including: function, proteins, disorders, pathways, orthologs, and expression. GeneCards - The Human Gene ... Summaries for DSG1 Gene Entrez Gene Summary for DSG1 Gene. * This gene encodes a member of the desmoglein protein subfamily. ... Protein details for DSG1 Gene (UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot). Protein Symbol:. Q02413-DSG1_HUMAN. Recommended name:. Desmoglein-1 ... Aliases for DSG1 Gene Aliases for DSG1 Gene. * Desmoglein 1 2 3 5 ...
Recombinant Desmoglein 1 (DSG1) | RPA729Hu02 | Homo sapiens (Human) CLOUD-CLONE CORP.(CCC)
Desmosomal glycoprotein 1; Pemphigus foliaceus antigen , Products for research use only! ... DSG1). WB; IHC; ICC; IP.. SEA729Hu. ELISA Kit for Desmoglein 1 (DSG1). Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for Antigen Detection. ... DSG1). Positive Control; Immunogen; SDS-PAGE; WB.. RPA729Hu01. Recombinant Desmoglein 1 (DSG1). Positive Control; Immunogen; ... DSG1). WB; IHC; ICC.. MAA729Hu22. Monoclonal Antibody to Desmoglein 1 ( ...
DSGAB - Overview: Desmoglein 1 (DSG1) and Desmoglein 3 (DSG3), IgG Antibodies, Serum
Anti-Desmoglein-1 Antibody, clone 32-2B clone 32-2B, from mouse | Sigma-Aldrich
Desmoglein-1, Desmosomal glycoprotein 1, DG1, DGI, Pemphigus foliaceus antigen; find Sigma-Aldrich-MABT118 MSDS, related peer- ... Anti-Desmoglein-1 Antibody, clone 32-2B clone 32-2B, from mouse; Synonym: ... DSG1) is a transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the family of cadherins. It is one of the main structural components of ... Anti-Desmoglein-1 Antibody, clone 32-2B clone 32-2B, from mouse Synonym: Desmoglein-1, Desmosomal glycoprotein 1, DG1, DGI, ...
Dsg1c - Desmoglein-1-gamma precursor - Mus musculus (Mouse) - Dsg1c gene & protein
Desmoglein-1-gammaAdd BLAST. 862. Amino acid modifications. Feature key. Position(s). DescriptionActions. Graphical view. ... Desmoglein repeat 5; truncatedAdd BLAST. 14. ,p>This subsection of the Family and domains section provides general ... "A novel mouse desmosomal cadherin family member, desmoglein 1 gamma.". Kljuic A., Christiano A.M.. Exp. Dermatol. 12:20-29(2003 ... "A novel mouse desmosomal cadherin family member, desmoglein 1 gamma.". Kljuic A., Christiano A.M.. Exp. Dermatol. 12:20-29(2003 ...
Dsg1b - Desmoglein-1-beta precursor - Mus musculus (Mouse) - Dsg1b gene & protein
"Novel member of the mouse desmoglein gene family: Dsg1-beta.". Pulkkinen L., Choi Y.W., Kljuic A., Uitto J., Mahoney M.G.. Exp ... "Novel member of the mouse desmoglein gene family: Dsg1-beta.". Pulkkinen L., Choi Y.W., Kljuic A., Uitto J., Mahoney M.G.. Exp ... "Novel member of the mouse desmoglein gene family: Dsg1-beta.". Pulkkinen L., Choi Y.W., Kljuic A., Uitto J., Mahoney M.G.. Exp ... Desmoglein-1-betaAdd BLAST. 1011. Amino acid modifications. Feature key. Position(s). DescriptionActions. Graphical view. ...
Desmoglein-1 - Wikipedia
Wang Y, Amagai M, Minoshima S, Sakai K, Green KJ, Nishikawa T, Shimizu N (April 1994). "The human genes for desmogleins (DSG1 ... "Entrez Gene: DSG1 desmoglein 1". Beigi, Pooya Khan Mohammad (2018). "Background". A Clinicians Guide to Pemphigus Vulgaris. ... Martínez RD (1992). "[Characterization of the desmoglein in renal cells in culture]" [Characterization of the desmoglein in ... Desmoglein-1 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the DSG1 gene. Desmoglein-1 is expressed everywhere in the skin ...
Anti-Desmoglein 1 antibody [EPR6766(B)] (ab124798)
Rabbit recombinant monoclonal Desmoglein 1 antibody [EPR6766(B)] validated for WB, IHC and tested in Human, Mouse and Rat. ... Defects in DSG1 are the cause of palmoplantar keratoderma striate type 1 (SPPK1) [MIM:148700]; also known as keratosis ... Anti-Desmoglein 1 antibody [EPR6766(B)] (ab124798) at 1/1000 dilution + Human skin lysate at 10 µg. Secondary. HRP labelled ... Anti-Desmoglein 1 antibody [EPR6766(B)]. See all Desmoglein 1 primary antibodies. ...
Desmoglein-1 Antibody [Unconjugated] - Propeptide (AF944): Novus Biologicals
Goat Polyclonal Anti-Desmoglein-1 Antibody [Unconjugated] - Propeptide. Validated: WB, IHC. Tested Reactivity: Human. 100% ... DSG1. Purity. Immunogen affinity purified. Innovators Reward. Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full ... Desmoglein-1 Antibody [Unconjugated] - Propeptide Summary. Immunogen. Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant human ... FAQs for Desmoglein-1 Antibody (AF944) (0). There are no specific FAQs related to this product. Read our general customer & ...
Investigation of serum proteome homeostasis during radiation therapy by a quantitative proteomics approach | Bioscience Reports...
DSG1), 14-3-3 protein epsilon (YWHAE) and Major histocompatibility complex, class I, B (HLA-B). DSG1 is part of the desmosome ... we detected the increase in Desmoglein-1 ( ... DSG1 Q02413 DIA 0.05 3.04 14-3-3 protein epsilon YWHAE P62258 ... DSG1 had higher levels from the beginning of the therapy showing its maximum at 3 weeks (Supplementary Material S1). The pro- ... Post-treatment effects (1 month after the end of the treatment of RT: Sample F). Patients after 1 month from the end of the RT ...
Staphylococcus hyicus - Wikipedia
Swine desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) is a desmosomal intracellular adhesion molecule that is cleaved by the exfoliative toxins produced by ... Dsg1); therefore, creating an opportunity for epidermal bacterial invasion with the splitting of the stratum spinosum and ... With bacterial invasion, 1 to 2 cm (diameter) brown lesions will begin to appear within the 24 to 48 hour range; and lesions ... 89 (1): 83-94. doi:10.1016/S0378-1135(02)00177-3. PMID 12223165. Park J, Friendship RM, Weese JS, Poljak Z, Dewey CE (October ...
Gene expression profiling of postnatal lung development in the marsupial gray short-tailed opossum ( Monodelphis domestica)...
DSG1. Desmoglein-1. ECM. Extracellular matrix. EGF. Epidermal growth factor. EPAS1. Endothelial PAS domain protein 1 ... This includes genes from cluster A (SPINK5, CA3, ARSF, MYOTand DSG1), cluster C (HPX, FGA, SERPINC1) and cluster D (TNC, HTRA1 ... 1.School of MedicineDeakin UniversityGeelongAustralia. *2.Department of Anatomy and Developmental BiologyMonash University ... 1, based on morphology, the new born (A) were in the canalicular stage, lungs collected at day 8 (B) and day 14 (C) were at ...
Desmosomal cadherins (DSC, DSG) Gene Family | HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee
DSG1 - PrimePCR Assay and Template | Life Science | Bio-Rad
PrimePCR™ Probe Assay: DSG1, Rhesus Monkey Desmoglein 1 Assay Type: Probe Assay Design: Intron-spanning Application: Gene ... PrimePCR™ SYBR® Green Assay: DSG1, Rhesus Monkey Desmoglein 1 Assay Type: SYBR® Green Assay Design: Intron-spanning Application ... PrimePCR™ PreAmp for SYBR® Green Assay: DSG1, Rhesus Monkey Reaction: 400 reactions Gene-specific PCR primers for the unbiased ... PrimePCR™ Template for Probe Assay: DSG1, Rhesus Monkey Reaction: 4 billion copies/200 µl Gene-specific synthetic DNA template ...
Silicosis disease: Malacards - Research Articles, Drugs, Genes, Clinical Trials
DSG1 Desmoglein 1. Protein Coding. 23.21. DISEASES inferred 15 Novoseek inferred 55 ... The MalaCards human disease database index: 1-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ... interleukin-1 receptor binding. GO:0005149 9.13. IL1A IL1B IL1RN 3. protein binding. GO:0005515 10. CCL2 CXCL8 DSG1 FAS FASLG ... 1. MAPK cascade. GO:0000165 9.99. CCL2 IL1B TGFB1 TNF 2. positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade. GO:0070374 9.99. CCL2 ...
Autoimmunity targets - Humpath.com - Human pathology
Compositionally different desmosomes in the various compartments of the human hair follicle
Desmoglein Dsg2 was observed in basal cells of the outer root sheath as well as in the central cell layers of the ... in partial overlap with the otherwise different immunopositive reactions of Dsg1 and Dsg3. We have also determined when these ... H Kurzen 1 , I Moll, R Moll, S Schäfer, E Simics, M Amagai, M J Wheelock, W W Franke ... Using antibodies against the plaque proteins desmoplakin I and II, plakoglobin, and plakophilin 1, we have found that these ...
QPrEST DSG1 Mass Spectrometry Protein Standard (QPrEST25795) - Atlas Antibodies
Stable isotope-labeled standard for absolute protein quantification of DSG1. Lys, Arg ¹³C and ¹⁵N metabolically labeled ... QPrEST DSG1 Mass Spectrometry Protein Standard QPrEST DSG1 Mass Spectrometry Protein Standard. Desmoglein-1 ... Stable isotope-labeled standard for absolute protein quantification of DSG1.. Lys, Arg ¹³C and ¹⁵N metabolically labeled ... Lyophilized product should be stored at -20°C. Product can be stored for up to 1 year after production date.,br,,br, ...
DGI | definition of DGI by Medical dictionary
DSG1. A gene on chromosome 18q12.1 that encodes desmoglein 1, a calcium-binding transmembrane glycoprotein component of ... Desmoglein 1 is the antigen targeted in the autoimmune blistering disease pemphigus foliaceus; defects in DSG1 cause ... 1. The ratio of the angle made by the incident ray with the perpendicular (angle of incidence) to that made by the emergent ray ... 1. A calculation used to determine the severity of respiratory illness (acute lung injury and/or respiratory distress syndrome ...
Desmoglein 1 deficiency results in severe dermatitis, multiple allergies and metabolic wasting.
... caused by homozygous mutations in DSG1. DSG1 encodes desmoglein 1, a major constituent of desmosomes, which connect the cell ... In addition, DSG1 deficiency was associated with increased expression of a number of genes encoding allergy-related cytokines. ... Desmoglein 1 deficiency results in severe dermatitis, multiple allergies and metabolic wasting.. ... SAM syndrome-causing mutations resulted in lack of membrane expression of DSG1, leading to loss of cell-cell adhesion. ...
Fogo selvagem: endemic pemphigus foliaceus
The extracellular portion of Dsg1 establishes homophilic and heterophilic interactions with the other cadherins - desmogleins 2 ... Dsg1 is preferentially located in the upper layers of the skin, and upon binding with anti-Dsg1 IgG, cleavage forms in the ... The Dsg1 molecules are preferentially distributed in the upper layers of the epidermis, and each Dsg1 molecule is subdivided ... since the presence of desmoglein 3 predominates in the skin of the newborn rather than Dsg1.61 The lead author of this paper ...
Pemphigus, A Simple Guide To The Condition, Diagnosis, Treatment And Related Conditions eBook by Kenneth Kee Kobo Edition |...
DSG1). 3. Pemphigus herpetiformis, paraneoplastic pemphigus, IgA pemphigus, and IgG pemphigus are rarer forms The exact cause ... is characterized by lesions which happen only in the skin and linked with antibodies to desmoglein 1 ( ... The skin sores may be described as: a. Draining b. Oozing c. Crusting d. Peeling or easily detached They may be located: 1. In ... Sometimes pemphigus is caused by certain medications 1. About 50% of people with this condition first form painful sores and ...
Effects of dietary physical or nutritional factors on morphology of rumen papillae and transcriptome changes in lactating dairy...
BAG3 = BCL2-associated athanogene 3; C2 = complement C2; C7 = complement C7; DSG1 = desmoglein 1; HLA-DQA1 = major ... Expression of DSG1, PRSS53, BAG3, IGFBP3, CYR61, HSPB8, PI3, and HLA-DQA1 detected by quantitative real-time PCR validation and ... The DE genes including DSG1, PRSS53, BAG3, IGFBP3, CYR61, HSPB8, PI3, and HLA-DQA1 were selected for qPCR validation (Fig. 5). ... Among the identified DE genes, HLA-DQA1, IGFBP3, DSG1, and BAG3 may be potential gene markers for the RE morphology and the ...
JCI - Epithelial barrier repair and prevention of allergy
DSG1, DSC1, and TGM3) and enzymes (arginase-1, caspase-14, and γ-glutamyl cyclotransferase) involved in generating NMF (212, ... and desmoglein 1 (DSG1), which are essential for skin barrier function. LTA-mediated inhibition was found to be p63 dependent ( ... desmoglein 1 and desmocollin 1 in the epidermis: possible downregulation by interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 in atopic ... DSG1) compromising esophageal epithelium integrity. GWAS documented that most genes associated with increased susceptibility to ...
Paraneoplastic Pemphigus - Trip Database
... autoantibodies to desmoglein 3, desmoglein 1, and BP180, respectively, have been shown ... In patients with pemphigus, ELISA had 92% sensitivity for anti-Dsg1 and 3, but IB and rat bladder IIF were necessary to confirm ... Pemphigus foliaceus (PF) is characterised by lesions which occur only in the skin and associated with antibodies to desmoglein ... Pemphigus foliaceus (PF) is characterised by lesions which occur only in the skin and associated with antibodies to desmoglein ...
Medical | International Pemphigus Pemphigoid Foundation (IPPF) - Part 4
John Stanley refers to his concept as the "desmoglein compensation hypothesis". The key to this hypothesis is the desmogleins ( ... dsg1). There are two forms of PF-a sporadic form which has worldwide distribution, and an endemic form, which has only been ... in some areas only one desmoglein may be present at some level in the skin or mucous membrane, and there only one desmoglein ... In some areas of the body, there are two desmogleins present, and both have to be damaged to cause cell detachment - ...
Pemphigus - Pictures, Symptoms, Treatment, Causes | HubPages
Desmoglein involved in pemphigus is a protein responsible for attaching together the cells through the desmoses formed by the ... The protein group of desmoglein is the one being attacked by the antibodies in pemphigus resulting to separation of cells in ... The auto-antibodies especially attack o the group of protein called desmoglein which is responsible for producing desmoses that ... The blister is the result of the auto-antibodies attacking a certain protein called desmoglein. ...
AntibodyEnzyme-linkeAntigenProteinGeneDsg2DesmosomesDesmocollinsProteinsDesmocollinGlycoproteinSerumKeratinocytesCaused by autoantibodiesRecombinant DesmogleinPlakoglobinEpidermisEpithelialAnti Dsg1Loss of cell-cell adhesionCadherin cell adhesion molecule suPathogenicAutoimmune skin diseaseGenesReactivityTransmembrane glycoproteinsSubfamilyEpidermalQ02413ChromosomeMoleculesCell-cell adhesionCadherinsAutoantibodies to desmogleinPalmoplantar keratoderma striate typeDifferentiationDesmosomeAcantholysisIndirect immunofluorescenceImmunofluorescenceSpecific for desmogleinAutoantibodyAntibodies against desmogleinExfoliative toxinsDSG3 and DSG1Expression of desmogleinAdhesionDermatology
- This antibody recognizes a protein of ~150 kDa, identified as Desmoglein-1 (DSG1). (biotium.com)
- Catalog number key for antibody number 1733, Anti-Desmoglein-1 (DSG1/1733) The prefix indicates conjugation, followed by the antibody number and size suffix. (biotium.com)
- It has been found that Desmoglein-1 is the target antigen in majority of the cases linked to IgG/IgA pemphigus, which is an autoimmune IgG/IgA antibody mediated response. (wikipedia.org)
- Western Blot Analysis: 0.5 µg/mL of this antibody detected Desmoglein-1 in 10 µg of human tonsil tissue lysate. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Western Blot: Suggested dilution at 0.25 ug/ml in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer, and HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG should be diluted in 1:50000 - 100000 as second antibody. (lsbio.com)
- The severity of cutaneous and oral pemphigus is related to desmoglein 1 and 3 antibody levels. (semanticscholar.org)
- Description: A Rabbit Polyclonal antibody against TIM-1 from Human. (bioworldantibodies.com)
- Description: A polyclonal antibody for detection of TIM-1 from Human. (bioworldantibodies.com)
- This TIM-1 antibody is for WB, ELISA. (bioworldantibodies.com)
- The anti-desmoglein 2 antibody recognizes desmoglein 2 present in all epithelia, in heart muscle and lymphatic follicles. (progen.com)
- Antibody recognizes desmoglein 2 present in all epithelia and in tumors derived therefrom as well as in heart muscle and dendritic reticulum cells of lymphatic follicles. (progen.com)
- Dr Lal PathLabs offers test service for Desmoglein Dsg 1 And 3 Antibody Test for checking Autoimmune Disorders. (kraftmebel.pl)
- Read "Patients with pemphigus foliaceus may retain antibody reactivity against calcium‐stabilized, distal desmoglein 1 domains in remission, British Journal of Dermatology" on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips. (radnicedecin.cz)
- The main autoantibody in PF is against desmoglein 1 (DSG1), while in PV the main antibody is anti-desmoglein 3 (DSG3), but often anti-DSG1 is also present. (radnicedecin.cz)
- Objective: To assess the predictive value of anti-desmoglein (Dsg) 1 and anti-Dsg3 antibody (Ab) enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) values for the occurrence of relapses in pemphigus. (radnicedecin.cz)
- To order individual component tests, refer to Epithelial Cell Surface Antibody IgG ( 0090266 ) or Epithelial Skin Antibody ( 0090299 ) and Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies in Pemphigus, IgG … This acronym/slang usually belongs to Medical & Science category. (rippledwaters.com)
- The most frequent antibody in PH is anti-desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) antibody. (rippledwaters.com)
- positive correlations between the anti-LJM17, anti-LJM11, and anti-DSG1 antibody system tested and positive cor- relations between the anti-LJM17 and anti-LJM11 in the two groups (NHS-LV and FS) tested. (rippledwaters.com)
- n\nRESULTS: Activity of pemphigus was associated with a wide range of anti-Dsg1 and anti-Dsg3 antibody values. (ac.ir)
- Furthermore, although Dsg1 clustering required both cross-linking of Dsg1 molecules by the nonpathogenic IgG plus a pathogenic antibody, the latter could be in buy Lubiprostone the form of a monovalent single chain variable fragment, suggesting that loss of trans-interaction of Dsg1 is required for clustering. (healthyguide.info)
- Autoantibodies to desmoglein 1 can be detected in serum via direct immunofluorescence, indirect immunofluorescence, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). (merckmanuals.com)
- Evaluation of desmoglein enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) in Indian patients with pemphigus vulgaris. (semanticscholar.org)
- Monitoring disease activity in pemphigus with enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using recombinant desmogleins 1 and 3. (semanticscholar.org)
- Desmoglein 1 and 3 enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in Iranian patients with pemphigus vulgaris: correlation with phenotype, severity, and disease activity. (kraftmebel.pl)
- Read "Desmoglein 1 and 3 enzyme‐linked immunosorbent assay in Iranian patients with pemphigus vulgaris: correlation with phenotype, severity, and disease activity, Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology & Venereology" on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips. (rippledwaters.com)
- Desmoglein enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and indirect immunofluorescence interrelation Dsg ELISA was negative in 5 out of 61 patients. (rippledwaters.com)
- Serum desmoglein enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is used for the diagnosis and monitoring of pemphigus diseases. (rippledwaters.com)
- Key phrases:Pemphigus vulgaris, Desmoglein (Dsg), Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). (clarkfrancis.com)
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) with desmoglein 3 (Dsg3) and desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) recombinant proteins showed that the patient's sera were positive against Dsg3. (elsevier.com)
- The main antigen in pemphigus vulgaris is desmoglein 3 (pemphigus vulgaris antigen, Dsg3), which is found predominantly in the lower epidermis but is preferentially expressed in oral epithelium. (gponline.com)
- However, half of pemphigus vulgaris patients also have autoantibodies to desmoglein 1 (pemphigus foliaceus antigen, Dsg1), which although present throughout the epidermis, primarily the upper layers, is only weakly expressed in mucosae. (gponline.com)
- 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m., days of testing to be determined by the … Autoantibodies against epidermal basement membrane (BP180 and 230) and against desmosomes (desmoglein 1 and 3) A new recombinant designer antigen for autoantibody diagnostics in patients … Recommend repeat testing of indeterminate specimens, either with a fresh specimen drawn at a later time or the original specimen tested by another method. (kraftmebel.pl)
- Primarily, the VCAM-1 protein is an endothelial ligand for VLA-4 (Very Late Antigen-4 or integrin α4β1) of the β1 subfamily of integrins . (wikipedia.org)
- Within the desmosome, the extracellular domain of desmoglein is essential for calcium dependent heterophilic binding to the desmocollins, whereas the intracellular domain is essential for binding to the desmosomal plaque protein, plakoglobin. (biotium.com)
- This gene encodes a member of the desmoglein protein subfamily. (genecards.org)
- DSG1 (Desmoglein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. (genecards.org)
- Desmoglein-1 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the DSG1 gene. (wikipedia.org)
- Deficiency of the Desmoglein-1 protein has been found to be associated with increased expression of multiple genes encoding allergy-related cytokines. (wikipedia.org)
- Stable isotope-labeled standard for absolute protein quantification of DSG1. (atlasantibodies.com)
- The blister is the result of the auto-antibodies attacking a certain protein called desmoglein . (hubpages.com)
- Desmoglein involved in pemphigus is a protein responsible for attaching together the cells through the desmoses formed by the group of protein in desmoglein. (hubpages.com)
- The protein group of desmoglein is the one being attacked by the antibodies in pemphigus resulting to separation of cells in the mucous membrane and skin that leads to formation of blisters. (hubpages.com)
- The auto-antibodies especially attack o the group of protein called desmoglein which is responsible for producing desmoses that binds the cell of the skin and mucous membrane together. (hubpages.com)
- The different regions within the SdrD protein structure (Fig. 1 ) contribute to its overall function. (beds.ac.uk)
- Telomerase is a ribonucleoprotein complex minimally composed of the protein subunit hTERT 2 and the RNA template human telomerase RNA ( 1 ). (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- A, 35 S-labeled wild type human Dsg1 cytoplasmic tail was incubated with control buffer or increasing concentrations of multiple recombinant caspases for 1 h at 37°C. Band 6 protein, a major constituent of desmosomes from stratified epithelia, is a novel member of the armadillo multigene family. (shotokan.pl)
- Desmoglein-2 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the DSG2 gene . (thefullwiki.org)
- 1998). "The expression of desmoglein isoforms in cultured human keratinocytes is regulated by calcium, serum, and protein kinase C. (thefullwiki.org)
- Reacts with the 165 kDa desmoglein 1 protein. (technologypublisher.com)
- Desmoglein proteins are a type of cadherin, which is a transmembrane protein that binds with other cadherins to form junctions known as desmosomes between cells. (kraftmebel.pl)
- Vascular cell adhesion protein 1 also known as vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 ( VCAM-1 ) or cluster of differentiation 106 ( CD106 ) is a protein that in humans is encoded by the VCAM1 gene . (wikipedia.org)
- The VCAM-1 protein mediates the adhesion of lymphocytes , monocytes , eosinophils , and basophils to vascular endothelium . (wikipedia.org)
- Reactivity MLN0128 of pemphigus autoantibodies with protein apart from Dsg1 and Dsg3 as well as the pathogenic potential of the autoantibodies have already been recorded (10C12). (lecollege.org)
- This gene is found in a cluster with other desmoglein family members on chromosome 18. (genecards.org)
- These desmoglein gene family members are located in a cluster on chromosome 18. (wikipedia.org)
- Desmoglein-1 is haploinsufficient and a mutation in the gene can cause the autosomal dominant mutation striate palmoplantar keratoderma. (wikipedia.org)
- Recently, cases have arose where the homozygous loss of the Desmoglein-1 gene has resulted in a rare syndrome known as SAM syndrome - severe dermatitis, multiple allergies, and metabolic wasting. (wikipedia.org)
- A gene on chromosome 18q12.1 that encodes desmoglein 1, a calcium-binding transmembrane glycoprotein component of desmosomes in epithelial cells, which belongs to the cadherin cell adhesion molecule superfamily. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Background Severe dermatitis, multiple allergies, and metabolic wasting (SAM) syndrome is a recently recognized syndrome caused by mutations in the desmoglein 1 gene (DSG1). (tcd.ie)
- 1991). "Complete amino acid sequence of the epidermal desmoglein precursor polypeptide and identification of a second type of desmoglein gene. (thefullwiki.org)
- The VCAM-1 gene contains six or seven immunoglobulin domains, and is expressed on both large and small blood vessels only after the endothelial cells are stimulated by cytokines . (wikipedia.org)
- Upregulation of VCAM-1 in endothelial cells by cytokines occurs as a result of increased gene transcription (e.g., in response to Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and Interleukin-1 (IL-1)) and through stabilization of Messenger RNA (mRNA) (e.g. (wikipedia.org)
- The promoter region of the VCAM-1 gene contains functional tandem NF-κB (nuclear factor-kappa B) sites. (wikipedia.org)
- We previously showed that the DSG1 gene is polymorphic and that a coding synonymous T/C single nucleotide polymorphism at position 809 is associated with PF. (cdc.gov)
- Desmoglein Dsg2 was observed in basal cells of the outer root sheath as well as in the central cell layers of the subinfundibular outer rood sheath, matrix cells and trichocytes, in partial overlap with the otherwise different immunopositive reactions of Dsg1 and Dsg3. (nih.gov)
- Identification of the ubiquitous human desmoglein, Dsg2, and the expression catalogue of the desmoglein subfamily of desmosomal cadherins. (thefullwiki.org)
- A) Immunostaining for Dsg2 and N-Cad showing that the inhibition of specific desmoglein-desmoglein interaction by a competing cyclic SP (20 µM, 24 h) led to Dsg2 condensation and irregular streaks along the membrane of HL-1 cardiomyocytes similar to the effects of l-Tryp (400 µM, 24 h). (rippledwaters.com)
- To map the epitopes of anti-Dsg1 antibodies, immunoprecipitation-immunoblotting was performed using a set of Dsg1/Dsg2 domain-swapped molecules. (elsevier.com)
- Desmoglein-1 is a calcium-binding transmembrane glycoprotein component of desmosomes in vertebrate epithelial cells. (wikipedia.org)
- Together with desmocollins, another subfamily within the cadherin superfamily, the desmoglein isoforms form the adhesive components of desmosomes, the cell-cell adhesive structures that are found in epithelial cells. (novusbio.com)
- Using antibodies against the plaque proteins desmoplakin I and II, plakoglobin, and plakophilin 1, we have found that these occur in most, if not all hair follicle desmosomes, whereas plakophilin 2 was absent, except in the basal cells of the outer root sheath, where a weak reactivity was found. (nih.gov)
- DSG1 encodes desmoglein 1, a major constituent of desmosomes, which connect the cell surface to the keratin cytoskeleton and play a crucial role in maintaining epidermal integrity and barrier function. (tcd.ie)
- Desmosomal cadherins, desmogleins (Dsgs) and desmocollins, make up the adhesive core of intercellular junctions called desmosomes. (rupress.org)
- In addition to suppressing autoimmunity, which is the current basis for disease management ( 1 ), we believe that novel targeted therapeutic strategies are necessary to stabilize desmosomes in situations when autoantibodies are present. (frontiersin.org)
- These antibodies bind to calcium dependent adhesion molecules in cell surface desmosomes, notably desmoglein 1(DSG-1) in pemphigus foliaceus and desmoglein 3 (DSG-3) in pemphigus vulgaris. (shotokan.pl)
- These data suggest desmoglein 1 and desmoglein 3 expressed at low level were incorporated into desmosome but at high-level expression, desmoglein 1 disrupted desmosomes but desmoglein 3 did not. (shotokan.pl)
- P Patients with pemphigus have anti-Dsg1 and/or anti-Dsg3 … The identification of desmogleins 1 and 3, desmosomal adhesion glycoproteins, as targets in pemphigus, a fatal autoimmune blistering disease of the skin and mucous membranes, provided the … These antibodies bind to calcium dependent adhesion molecules in cell surface desmosomes, notably desmoglein 1(DSG-1) in pemphigus foliaceus and desmoglein 3 (DSG-3) in pemphigus vulgaris. (kraftmebel.pl)
- Previously we have shown that PF IgG induces aggregation of DSG1, plakoglobin (PG), and IgG outside of desmosomes, what in … A spoken definition of desmoglein. (rippledwaters.com)
- Pemphigus is an autoimmune disease caused by antibodies directed against both desmoglein 1 and desmoglein 3 present in desmosomes. (rippledwaters.com)
- Diseases that disrupt or weaken desmosomes may lead to loss of cell-cell adhesion, a process called acantholysis [ 1 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- The type and severity of clinical disease that develops depends on the type of antidesmosomal AA (i.e., anti-DSG3 ± anti-DSG1), as well as the location and relative amount of desmosomes targeted by AA. (biomedcentral.com)
- Desmocollins and desmogleins are the main desmosomal transmembrane proteins. (biotium.com)
- Desmogleins, along with desmocollins, are cadherin-like transmembrane glycoproteins that are major components of the desmosome. (genecards.org)
- The desmosomal cadherins, desmogleins (Dsgs) and desmocollins (Dscs), are transmembrane molecules that mediate adhesion through their extracellular domains and serve as a scaffold for assembly of the desmosomal plaque through their cytoplasmic domains. (genenames.org)
- MADAM, Autoantibodies in pemphigus target preferentially desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) and Dsg3, and rarely desmocollins 1-3 (Dsc1-3). (pemphigus.org)
- Anti-Desmoglein-1, clone 32-2B detects levels of Desmoglein-1 proteins & has been published & validated for use in WB, IF, IHC & ICC. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- In turn, these proteins link the Desmoglein-1 with the intermediate filaments. (novusbio.com)
- Description: Rbin-1 is an eukaryotic ribosome assembly inhibitor.All cellular proteins are synthesized by ribosomes, whose biogenesis is a complex multi-step process quickly completed in eukaryotes. (anbioq.org)
- These desmoglein proteins thus hold cells together, but when the body starts producing antibodies against desmoglein… DSGAB Desmoglein 1 and 3, Serum 94335-7 Result ID Test Result Name Result LOINC Value 606818 DSG 1 94336-5 606819 DSG 3 94337-3 Powered by TCPDF (www.tcpdf.org) Document generated … Int J Dermatol 2016;55:e184-190. (kraftmebel.pl)
- To detect autoantibodies by ELISA, anti-desmoglein 1 and 3 recombinant proteins were used (Euroimmun, Lbeck, Germany). (clarkfrancis.com)
- Background Mutations in genes coding for 2 desmosomal proteins, desmoglein 1 and desmoplakin, have been shown to cause autosomal dominant keratoderma palmoplantaris striata. (jamanetwork.com)
- Open in a separate buy Lubiprostone window Fig. 2 A mixture of anti-desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) IgG monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) accelerated alteration of desmosomal morphology and desmosomal proteins in the lower epidermis. (healthyguide.info)
- Open up in another home window Fig. 6 p38 mitogen-activated proteins kinase (p38MAPK) inhibition avoided anti-desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) IgG monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) Dsg1 clustering, however, not lack of cell adhesion in vitro. (healthyguide.info)
- Autoantibodies against the desmosomal cadherins desmogleins (Dsgs) 1 and 3 as well as desmocollin 3 were shown to be pathogenic, whereas the role of other antibodies is unclear. (frontiersin.org)
- C: Immunofluorescence staining of desmocollin 1 (Dsc1), desmoglein 3 (Dsg3) and plakiglobin (PG) in human skin specimens injected with anti-Dsg1 IgG mAbs was captured by confocal microscopy. (healthyguide.info)
- DSG1 and/or desmocollin [DSC]-1) restricted to the granular and/or upper spinous layers of the epidermis, a form of superficial pemphigus known as pemphigus foliaceus (PF) develops [ 5 ] that only affects the skin, and not the mucosae. (biomedcentral.com)
- Desmoglein-1 (DSG1) is a transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the family of cadherins. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Human Desmoglein-1 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein of 1049 amino acid (aa) residues with a 23 aa signal peptide and a 26 aa propeptide. (novusbio.com)
- Pemphigus foliaceus is mediated by IgG autoantibody against desmoglein 1 (Dsg1), a transmembrane glycoprotein cadherin important to cell-cell adhesion and signaling between keratinocytes ( 1 ). (merckmanuals.com)
- Desmoglein 1 is a glycoprotein that belongs to the cadherin superfamily (ie, calcium adhesion molecules present in the desmosomal core). (medscape.com)
- Pemphigus foliaceus (PF) is a rare and severe cutaneous autoimmune disease caused by autoantibodies directed against desmoglein 1 (DSG1), a desmosomal adhesion glycoprotein. (cdc.gov)
- 9 ] performed a shotgun proteomics analysis of serum samples from patients before the starting of RT, at the end of RT and after 1 month from the end of the RT. (portlandpress.com)
- BACKGROUND: Pemphigus is an autoimmune disease, characterized by the presence of serum autoantibodies against Desmoglein (Dsg) 1 and 3. (minervamedica.it)
- METHODS: From 2011 to 2014, in patients with pemphigus, the serum levels of anti-Dsg1 and 3 antibodies were determined with enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay at diagnosis and after 6 months of different therapies. (minervamedica.it)
- Herein, we sought to confirm and extend these findings by comparing genital epithelial barrier function in untreated rhesus macaques (RM) vs. RM treated with DMPA or DMPA and estrogen (E). Compared to controls, genital tissue from RM with pharmacologically relevant serum levels of medroxyprogesterone acetate displayed significantly lower DSG1 levels and greater permeability to low molecular mass molecules. (stanford.edu)
- Methods We evaluated five patients with PF who retained high serum levels of anti-Dsg1 antibodies in the inactive phase. (elsevier.com)
- The disease is characterized histologically by the presence of acantholysis, that is, the separation of the keratinocytes resulting in the formation of intraepidermal cleavage, and/or immunologically by the detection of autoantibodies against intercellular adhesion molecules called desmogleins (Dsg), which are transmembrane desmosomal glycoproteins. (scielo.br)
- To form SC, keratinocytes pass through a tightly regulated differentiation program and sequentially form stratum basale (SB), stratum spinosum (SS), stratum granulosum (SG), and SC layers of the skin ( Figure 1 ). (jci.org)
- These results indicated that keratinocytes with DSG1 deficiency were likely to induce the cutaneous eruptions when stimulated with other medicines. (mdpi.com)
- Loss of Bcr reduced expression of multiple markers of differentiation (such as desmoglein-1 [Dsg1], keratin-1, and loricrin) and abrogated MAL/SRF signaling in differentiating keratinocytes. (rupress.org)
- We further demonstrated that loss of Bcr or MAL reduced levels of Dsg1 mRNA in keratinocytes, and ectopic expression of Dsg1 rescued defects in differentiation seen upon loss of Bcr or MAL signaling. (rupress.org)
- Taken together, these data identify the GEF Bcr as a regulator of RhoA/MAL signaling in keratinocytes, which in turn promotes differentiation through the desmosomal cadherin Dsg1. (rupress.org)
- Pemphigus is a severe autoimmune-blistering skin disease caused by autoantibodies primarily targeting the desmosomal adhesion molecules desmogleins (Dsgs) 1 and 3 ( 1 ), which are required for the firm intercellular adhesion of keratinocytes. (frontiersin.org)
- Open in a separate window Fig. 5 A mixture of pathogenic and non-pathogenic anti-desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) IgG monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) induced Dsg1 clustering which enhanced loss of cell adhesion in primary keratinocytes. (healthyguide.info)
- Keratinocytes were incubated in 0.5 mM calcium-containing medium for 24 h to induce Dsg1 expression and then treated anti-Dsg1 IgG mAbs for 24 h. (healthyguide.info)
- Keratinocytes treated with the mixture of PF1-8-15 IgG and PF1-2-6 IgG (PF1-8-15 IgG + PF1-2-6 IgG) demonstrated Dsg1 clustering. (healthyguide.info)
- SB202190 avoided Dsg1 clustering induced from the combination of PF1-8-15 IgG and PF1-2-6 IgG in cultured primary buy Lubiprostone keratinocytes. (healthyguide.info)
Caused by autoantibodies3
- Background: Pemphigus is an autoimmune blistering disease of the skin and mucous membranes caused by autoantibodies against desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) and desmoglein 3 (Dsg3). (kraftmebel.pl)
- Pemphigus foliaceus (both endemic and sporadic) is caused by autoantibodies against desmoglein 1. (radnicedecin.cz)
- Background Pemphigus foliaceus (PF) and pemphigus vulgaris (PV) are closely related, but clinically distinct, autoimmune blistering diseases caused by autoantibodies against desmoglein (Dsg)1 and Dsg3, respectively. (elsevier.com)
- The recent availability of cDNA clones for pemphigus antigens has allowed the production of recombinant desmoglein 1 and desmoglein 3 molecules and the development of an ELISA approach in order to determine levels of antibodies to them. (semanticscholar.org)
- Desmoglein-1 is expressed everywhere in the skin epidermis, but mainly it is expressed in the superficial upper layers of the skin epidermis. (wikipedia.org)
- The desmoglein-1 subtype is highly expressed in the epidermis. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Desmoglein-1 has been shown to be important in establishing cell-cell adhesion and function in the epidermis. (novusbio.com)
- Anti-desmoglein-1 autoantibodies are directed against desmosomal structures, with loss of adhesion of the upper layers of the epidermis, causing superficial blisters. (scielo.br)
- On the histological level, skin blistering in PV occurs by suprabasal splitting (Figure 1 ), whereas PF is characterized by superficial lesions restricted to granular or upper spinous layers of the epidermis ( 1 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Desmoglein-3 Desmoglein 3 is most highly expressed in the basal layers of the epidermis, while desmoglein 1 is expressed in the differentiated suprabasal layers (Kottke et al. (kraftmebel.pl)
- IgG and Dsg1 in the lower epidermis with blister formation in the superficial epidermis. (healthyguide.info)
- The mixture injection (PF1-8-15 IgG + PF1-2-6 IgG) induced clustering of Dsc1 and PG in the lower epidermis, but individual anti-Dsg1 IgG mAb injection did not. (healthyguide.info)
- In the skin, DSG1 is expressed throughout the epidermis, but more intensely in the superficial layers, while DSG3 is expressed in the deeper layers (i.e., basal layer). (biomedcentral.com)
- While no clinical data establishes causal link between HIV acquisition and use of this injectable progestin, prior work from our laboratory showed that DMPA comparably lowers genital levels of the cell-cell adhesion molecule desmoglein-1 (DSG1) and weakens genital epithelial barrier function in female mice and humans. (stanford.edu)
- In basal epithelial cells desmoglein 2 expression is generally very low. (progen.com)
- OBJECTIVE: The objective was to assess the relationship between enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA) values of desmoglein (Dsg) 1 and Dsg3 antibodies and indirect immunofluorescence (IIF) values of anti-epithelial antibodies with disease activity in patients with pemphigus. (ac.ir)
- Levels of anti-Dsg1 antibodies showed a better relationship with cutaneous activity of pemphigus than levels of IIF anti-epithelial antibodies. (ac.ir)
- This qualified prospects to the increased loss of regular epithelial cell-to-cell adhesion (termed acantholysis) (1,2). (clarkfrancis.com)
- Among the pemphigus presentations, we highlight pemphigus foliaceus (PF), with exclusive cutaneous involvement due to the production of antibodies against desmoglein 1 (Dsg1), and pemphigus vulgaris (PV), which manifests in two forms: the mucous type, due to the synthesis of antibodies against desmoglein 3, and the mucocutaneous type, with concomitant production of anti-Dsg1. (scielo.br)
- Anti Dsg1 autoantibodies appear related to cutaneous phenotype, anti Dsg3 autoantibodies to mucosal involvement. (minervamedica.it)
- The status of anti-Dsg1 autoantibodies was significantly related to the cutaneous and mucous-cutaneous phenotypes both at diagnosis and after 6 months. (minervamedica.it)
- No significant variations of autoantibody levels (between first and second sample) were found with regard to different therapies, except for the variation of anti-Dsg1 autoantibodies in one patient treated with systemic steroids and methotrexate. (minervamedica.it)
- Detailed profiling of anti-desmoglein autoantibodies identifies anti-Dsg1 reactivity as a key driver of disease activity and clinical expression in pemphigus vulgaris. (semanticscholar.org)
- Autoantibodies targeting Dsg3 are found during the mucosal-dominant phase in pemphigus vulgaris (mPV) which is frequently followed by a mucocutaneous phase (mcPV) with additional epidermal blistering and characterized by the presence of both anti-Dsg3 and anti-Dsg1 antibodies. (frontiersin.org)
- By contrast, in pemphigus foliaceus (PF), flaccid blisters are found in the skin only, and their formation is associated with the occurrence of anti-Dsg1 autoantibodies. (frontiersin.org)
- In each sample, we measured anti-Dsg1 and anti-Dsg3 antibodies by ELISA. (ac.ir)
- A receiver operating characteristics (ROC) curve was calculated to determine a cutoff value for anti-Dsg1 and anti-Dsg3 antibodies with optimal sensitivity and specificity. (ac.ir)
- In 263 samples, we compared the ROC curves of anti-Dsg1 and anti-Dsg3 antibodies with the ROC curves of the IIF results. (ac.ir)
- Anti-Dsg1 antibodies showed a closer relationship with skin activity than IIF, while anti-Dsg3 antibodies showed a relationship with mucosal activity similar to the IIF test. (ac.ir)
- [ 6 ] A 15-year surveillance of the Limao Verde Amerindian reservation in Brazil has elucidated a preclinical stage linked with IgM anti-Dsg1, IgE, and non-IgG4 autoantibodies against Dsg1 transitioning over years into fogo selvagem with the rise of pathogenic IgG4 anti-Dsg1 autoantibodies. (medscape.com)
- Conclusion These findings indicate that a polyclonal mixture of anti-Dsg1 IgG antibodies enhances pathogenic activity for blister formation associated with p38MAPK-dependent Dsg1 clustering and that not only pathogenic antibodies but also non-pathogenic antibodies coordinately contribute to blister formation in PF. (healthyguide.info)
- A: Non-blister area of anti-Dsg1 IgG mAb injected human skin was observed by electron microscopy. (healthyguide.info)
- The desmosomal lengths in every pattern injection of anti-Dsg1 IgG mAbs were shorter than those in PBS. (healthyguide.info)
- Anti-Dsg1 IgG mAb injections did not affect Dsg3 distribution. (healthyguide.info)
- Objectives To analyse the epitope profiles of anti-Dsg1 antibodies across the different activity stages of PF. (elsevier.com)
- Results Anti-Dsg1 antibodies against the calcium-dependent epitopes of Dsg1 were the predominant antibodies in both the active and inactive phases. (elsevier.com)
- The proportion of anti-Dsg1 antibodies against the calcium-dependent epitopes did not change upon shifting to the inactive phase. (elsevier.com)
- The results of immunoprecipitation-immunoblotting showed that most of the anti-Dsg1 antibodies bound to the extracellular domains (EC)1-2 of Dsg1. (elsevier.com)
- Pathogenicity from the anti-Dsg1, anti-Dsg3, and anti-BP180 antibodies continues to be proven in IgG unaggressive transfer mouse versions. (lecollege.org)
Loss of cell-cell adhesion2
Cadherin cell adhesion molecule su1
- Currently, four desmoglein subfamily members have been identified and all are members of the cadherin cell adhesion molecule superfamily. (wikipedia.org)
- The 2 main classic types of pemphigus have been identified as pemphigus vulgaris (PV) and pemphigus foliaceus (PF), in which pathogenic IgG autoantibodies are directed against desmosomal transmembrane glycoproteins: desmoglein (Dsg) 3 and Dsg1, respectively. (kraftmebel.pl)
- Abstract Background Pemphigus foliaceus is an autoimmune blistering skin disease characterized by the production of pathogenic IgG autoantibodies directed against desmoglein 1. (rippledwaters.com)
- Conclusions In patients with PF, the calcium-dependent epitopes on EC1 and EC2 of Dsg1 contained definitively pathogenic and nonpathogenic epitopes. (elsevier.com)
Autoimmune skin disease2
- In addition, DSG1 deficiency was associated with increased expression of a number of genes encoding allergy-related cytokines. (tcd.ie)
- Functional classification analysis of DE genes revealed dynamic changes in ion binding (such as DSG1 ) between AH and CS, proliferation and apoptotic processes (such as BAG3 , HLA-DQA1 , and UGT2B17 ) and complement activation (such as C7 ) between AH or RS and CS. (biomedcentral.com)
- Tandem arrangement of the closely linked desmoglein genes on human chromosome 18. (thefullwiki.org)
- Epistasis between DSG1 and HLA class II genes in pemphigus foliaceus. (cdc.gov)
- In direct ELISAs, less than 5% cross‑reactivity with recombinant human (rh) Desmoglein-2 is observed and less than 1% cross-reactivity with rhDesmoglein-3, rhDesmoglein-4, and recombinant mouse Desmoglein-1 alpha is observed. (novusbio.com)
- PF and PV autoantibodies understand mainly desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) and Dsg3, 2 transmembrane glycoproteins the different parts of the desmosome, respectively (9). (lecollege.org)
- Desmoglein-1 is one of three members of the desmoglein subfamily of calcium-dependent cadherin cell adhesion molecules. (novusbio.com)
- Intact and functionally active desmoglein 1 is essential to epidermal integrity. (biotium.com)
- Western Blot Analysis: A representative lot from an independent laboratory detected Desmoglein-1 in bovine epidermal desmosomal cores and in human keratinocyte cell lysates. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Immunohistochemistry Analysis: A representative lot from an independent laboratory detected Desmoglein-1 in human epidermal tissue (Maruani, A., et al. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- In normal skin, KLKs 5, 7, and 8 are involved in desquamation during epidermal differentiation via proteolytic cleavage of the desmosomal cadherin component desmoglein 1 (Dsg1). (umsystem.edu)
- Autoantibodies against desmogleins lead to impairment of epidermal tissue integrity. (shotokan.pl)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the C-terminal of Human Desmoglein 1 (Q02413). (abcam.com)
- The polled phenotype is an autosomal dominant Mendelian trait that has been attributed to chromosome 1 on yak and cattle. (biomedcentral.com)
- The key to this hypothesis is the desmogleins (pemphigus antigens) are key adhesion molecules that keep cells attached to each other. (pemphigus.org)
- This process is fostered by activation of the p38 MAPK signaling cascade, which may be unleashed by MASP-1, the serine protease associated with initiating molecules of the lectin pathway. (cdc.gov)
- In this study, we show that compared with mice in estrus, treatment of mice with DMPA or NET-EN significantly decreased genital levels of the cell-cell adhesion molecule desmoglein-1 and increased genital mucosal permeability. (stanford.edu)
- Like other cadherins, desmoglein-1 contains multiple calcium binding sites and a cell-adhesion recognition site which facilitates intercellular adhesions. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- It differs from other classic cadherins by having four instead of five cadherin repeat domains in its extracellular region, and a much larger cytoplasmic region containing five desmoglein repeat domains which share homology with the cadherin repeats. (novusbio.com)
- Instead of having the HAV adhesion motif found in type I cadherins, Desmoglein-1 has R/YAL as the adhesion motif on its amino-terminal cadherin repeat. (novusbio.com)
Autoantibodies to desmoglein1
- 23]. Harman KE, Gratin MJ, Bhogal SJ, et al: The clinical significance of autoantibodies to desmoglein 1 in 78 cases of pemphigus vulgaris. (kraftmebel.pl)
Palmoplantar keratoderma striate type1
- defects in DSG1 cause palmoplantar keratoderma striate type 1. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Regulates cell adhesion and differentiation through DSG1/desmoglein-1 and inhibition of the ERK1/ERK2 (MAPK3/MAPK1, respectively) signaling pathway. (proteopedia.org)
- 2. Wu, H., Stanley, J.R. and Cotsarelis, G. Desmoglein isotype expression in the hair follicle and its cysts correlates with type of keratinization and degree of differentiation. (technologypublisher.com)
- Why is the effect of the Dsg1ΔEC mutant stronger than that of Dsg3ΔECΔ One possibility is that mutated desmoglein interacts with desmosome components. (shotokan.pl)
- The two main subgroups are pemphigus foliaceus with subcorneal blisters and desmoglein 1 autoantibodies and pemphigus vulgaris with suprabasilar acantholysis and anti-desmoglein 3 and less commonly anti-desmoglein 1 autoantibodies. (rippledwaters.com)
- Fogo selvagem (FS), or endemic pemphigus foliaceus (PF), is an autoimmune, organ-specific blistering disease, in which autoantibodies specific for desmoglein 1 may lead to acantholysis (ie, cell-cell detachment). (medscape.com)
- Correlation of Antibodies against Desmogleins 1 and 3 with Indirect Immunofluorescence and Disease Activity in 72 Patients with Pemphigus Vulgaris. (semanticscholar.org)
- Autoantibody Levels and Clinical Disease Severity in Patients with Pemphigus: Comparison of Aggregated Anti-desmoglein ELISA Values and Indirect Immunofluorescence Titres. (semanticscholar.org)
- Immunofluorescence Analysis: A 1:1,000 dilution from a representative lot detected Desmoglein-1 in human tonsil tissues. (sigmaaldrich.com)
Specific for desmoglein1
- Generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for desmoglein family members. (technologypublisher.com)
Antibodies against desmoglein1
- PV can be associated with auto-antibodies against desmoglein 3 and perhaps frequently, desmoglein 1. (clarkfrancis.com)
- Swine desmoglein 1 (Dsg1) is a desmosomal intracellular adhesion molecule that is cleaved by the exfoliative toxins produced by S. hyicus allowing for separation of stratum granulosum and stratum spinosum. (wikipedia.org)
DSG3 and DSG12
Expression of desmoglein1
- During low-level expression of desmoglein 3ΔEC in transduced HaCaT cells, keratin insertion at cell-cell contact sites was only partially inhibited and desmoplakin was partially stained at cell-cell contact sites. (shotokan.pl)
- 2002, Received: [Figure] Adhesion between cells is crucial for the organisation and maintenance of complex tissues in multicellular organisms. (shotokan.pl)
- DG1 - desmoglein 1 in Medical & Science by AcronymsAndSlang.com: Image Source: Image HTML: HTML with link: Share this picture: Tweet: … The aim of this cross-sectional study was to interpret the titres of pemphigus autoantibodies … Several signaling pathways were proposed to cause loss of keratinocyte adhesion. (rippledwaters.com)
-  VCAM-1 functions as a cell adhesion molecule . (wikipedia.org)