Inflammation of an INTERVERTEBRAL DISC or disk space which may lead to disk erosion. Until recently, discitis has been defined as a nonbacterial inflammation and has been attributed to aseptic processes (e.g., chemical reaction to an injected substance). However, recent studies provide evidence that infection may be the initial cause, but perhaps not the promoter, of most cases of discitis. Discitis has been diagnosed in patients following discography, myelography, lumbar puncture, paravertebral injection, and obstetrical epidural anesthesia. Discitis following chemonucleolysis (especially with chymopapain) is attributed to chemical reaction by some and to introduction of microorganisms by others.
Percutaneous excision of a herniated or displaced INTERVERTEBRAL DISC by posterolateral approach, always remaining outside the spinal canal. Percutaneous nucleotomy was first described by Hijikata in Japan in 1975. In 1985 Onik introduced automated percutaneous nucleotomy which consists in percutaneous aspiration of the nucleus pulposus. It is carried out under local anesthesia, thus reducing the surgical insult and requiring brief hospitalization, often performed on an outpatient basis. It appears to be a well-tolerated alternative to surgical diskectomy and chymopapain nucleolysis.
Circumscribed collections of suppurative material occurring in the spinal or intracranial EPIDURAL SPACE. The majority of epidural abscesses occur in the spinal canal and are associated with OSTEOMYELITIS of a vertebral body; ANALGESIA, EPIDURAL; and other conditions. Clinical manifestations include local and radicular pain, weakness, sensory loss, URINARY INCONTINENCE, and FECAL INCONTINENCE. Cranial epidural abscesses are usually associated with OSTEOMYELITIS of a cranial bone, SINUSITIS, or OTITIS MEDIA. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p710 and pp1240-1; J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1998 Aug;65(2):209-12)
A process of preserving animal hides by chemical treatment (using vegetable tannins, metallic sulfates, and sulfurized phenol compounds, or syntans) to make them immune to bacterial attack, and subsequent treatments with fats and greases to make them pliable. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 5th ed)
High Vocal Center
Trinidad and Tobago
An independent state in the Lesser Antilles in the West Indies, north of Venezuela, comprising the islands of Trinidad and Tobago. Its capital is Port of Spain. Both islands were discovered by Columbus in 1498. The Spanish, English, Dutch, and French figure in their history over four centuries. Trinidad and Tobago united in 1898 and were made part of the British colony of Trinidad and Tobago in 1899. The colony became an independent state in 1962. Trinidad was so named by Columbus either because he arrived on Trinity Sunday or because three mountain peaks suggested the Holy Trinity. Tobago was given the name by Columbus from the Haitian tambaku, pipe, from the natives' habit of smoking tobacco leaves. (Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1228, 1216 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p555, 547)
Biography as Topic
A plant species of the family VISCACEAE, order Santalales, subclass Rosidae. This is the traditional mistletoe of literature and Christmas. Members contain viscotoxin (5 kDa basic polypeptides related to thionins), beta-galactoside- and N-acetyl-D-galactosamine-specific lectin II (60 kDa), and polysaccharides. Mistletoe lectin I is a type 2 ribosome-inactivating protein. Commercial extracts include Plenosol, Eurixor, Helixor Isorel, Iscador, and NSC 635089 (ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS, PHYTOGENIC).
Ribosome Inactivating Proteins, Type 2
Encyclopedias as Topic
The Alu sequence family (named for the restriction endonuclease cleavage enzyme Alu I) is the most highly repeated interspersed repeat element in humans (over a million copies). It is derived from the 7SL RNA component of the SIGNAL RECOGNITION PARTICLE and contains an RNA polymerase III promoter. Transposition of this element into coding and regulatory regions of genes is responsible for many heritable diseases.
I Dont Know How But They Found Me
"Panic! At The Disco, Falling In Reverse members team up for Christmas song". Alternative Press. Retrieved 5 January 2016. " ... Seaman joined Weekes' former band The Brobecks in 2008 and performed drums for Weekes' solo projects, including the songs " ... at the Disco for several years. Seaman performed drums on the record, which led to Weekes proposing the idea to present it as a ... At The Disco animosity rumors". Altpress.com. 2017-09-25. Retrieved 2018-02-11. On the same day of the song release, the ...
Sinners Never Sleep
While recording the song for Sinners Never Sleep, the song lacked a chorus, which was quickly written while drums were being ... "The Dilemma" takes its name from the film The Dilemma (2011), and was compared to Panic! at the Disco. "When We Were Young" is ... Before recording drums, they had two or three technicians setting up the kit and figuring out the drum sounds. Flint played on ... As the members were comforting Flint, Franceschi suggested writing a song about it. The band had forgotten about the song but ...
Theme from Doctor Detroit
50 on the Dance/Disco Top 80 chart. On the Hot 100, the song went to #59. Devo Mark Mothersbaugh - lead vocals; keyboards ... drums Production Devo - producers Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 77. CS1 maint: ... It includes the two songs from the Doctor Detroit movie soundtrack recorded by the band (the title song and "Luv-Luv"), plus a ... All songs written by Mark Mothersbaugh and Gerald Casale Side one "Theme from Doctor Detroit (Dance Mix)" - 6:00 Side two "Luv- ...
Sounds from True Stories
David Byrne: Lead & Bass Guitar on 'Disco Hits!' & 'I Love Metal Buildings' Additional Musicians Drums - Prairie Prince (On ' ... Road Song' - Jim Pukey Flute, Piccolo Flute & Alto Flute on 'Road Song' - Charlie McCarthy Oboe on 'Road Song' - Robin May ... The album is not a complete soundtrack recording, featuring only a couple of the vocal songs heard in the film, with the rest ... Byrne's band Talking Heads released the album True Stories, which contained versions of the other songs in the film. "Glass ...
... "disco song". "I'm really horrible at programming drum machines, but this was like pattern 74 on my drum machine, which said ' ... disco.' I called all my friends and said, 'Check this out, this is my disco song!'" He describes it as "a propulsive tale of ... John Rzeznik wrote this song on the phone while talking to a friend. He asked his friend if he should "take the chords up or ... "Here Is Gone" and "Big Machine" have been the only two songs released from this album as singles and videos have been created ...
Moves like Jagger
"Moves like Jagger" is a disco and electropop song and is backed by synths and electronic drums. The lyrics refer to a male's ... is a disco and electropop song. It features a "throbbing" synth, fast-paced beat and electronic drums. Robbie Daw from Idolator ... When asked about the song, Levine said, "It was one of those songs that was definitely a risk; it's a bold statement. We've ... "Dance/Mix Show Songs - Year-End 2012". Billboard. Retrieved December 2, 2020. "Pop Songs - Year-End 2012". Billboard. Retrieved ...
Prickly Disco on guitars, backing vocals and additional keyboards. David Raven ("Hort Elvison") on drums. Gene Pool on ... Reactions from the songs' original artists were generally positive. Eddie DeGarmo commented about how he knew that D&K should ... Mixed by Prickly Disco at the Green Room. Recorded by Prickly Disco with Camarillo Eddy. Sacred Cows at AllMusic. ... The disc starts off with The Eddies version of the DeGarmo & Key song "God Good, Devil Bad," which finds Camarillo singing as ...
As a teenager, he played drums, guitar and wrote songs. In college, he was a member of My Dear Disco. His solo work is rock and ... In 2020, the band issued a compilation album of eight songs featuring Antwaun Stanley, and a compilation album of eleven songs ... The band's founding members are Jack Stratton on keyboards, drums and guitar, Theo Katzman on guitar, drums and vocals, Woody ... Improvisation is a significant part of song development. The compositions are modeled after unconventional song structures of ...
People of the South Wind
... more like us doing a disco song by somebody else." The song has an upbeat tempo, with the drums playing beats on the eighth ... had that constant disco drum beat...We never had done happy sounds like that. We were always a much deeper, minor key, melodic ... The song's lyrics focus on the Kaw people for whom the state of Kansas is named: in the Kansa language, the tribe's name ... The song, along with three other tracks from Monolith ("On the Other Side", "Reason to Be", "Away from You"), depict the group ...
His song "Turn Up the Love", recorded by Far East Movement, became a top 10 song in 10 different countries. Axident founded the ... He picked up the drums at an early age and discovered programming in his teens. He started a band called Albino Superstars ... whose first single, "Team Disco" got some attention. In the mid-2000s, he began to focus on the study of music. He attended and ... Axident became the go-to producer for who had the best graduation song. Bus songs have become a training ground for many young ...
... 's music video "Disco Drum" was released on YouTube in January 2012. Near the end of October 2012, Skyla and Nine Planet ... The song peaked at 31 on the UK Dance Chart. On 9 June 2009, she released her debut single, "Breaking Free" (a cover of High ... Her appearance on the music scene was a song by the Beatplayers on a titled track "Summer Love" and she featured on the track ... On 3 September 2010, Skyla premiered a new song on YouTube called "Lady Killer" featuring grime artist Bashy. It only managed ...
Sex and Candy
It is a post-grunge song with psychedelic elements that features bass guitar and drums. Lead singer John Wozniak was inspired ... Abstract lyrics reference "double cherry pie," "disco superfly," "disco lemonade" and "platform double-suede". "Sex and Candy" ... In his book Rock Song Index: The 7500 Most Important Songs for the Rock and Roll Era, Bruce Pollock said the song takes "the ' ... Maroon 5 released a slow, soul cover of the song as a bonus track on their album V (2014). Bustle deemed it the best song on ...
Manu Gavassi (album)
In addition, Daniel Weksler, drummer of rock band NX Zero, recorded the drums for the aforementioned song and for Tudo Que eu ... "Estrela da "Capricho", Manu Gavassi lança disco de estreia e primeiro clipe; assista". UOL. Retrieved May 17, 2017. CS1 maint: ... The song was released on June 11, 2011 and peaked at number 22 in Brazil's Billboard Hot 100. The second single from the album ... The song received positive reviews from critics and peaked at number 26 in Brazil's Billboard Hot 100. The album was produced ...
The song opens with a standard drum beat along with a standard hi-hat, and joined two bars later with a shaker. After two more ... Best R&B Song and Best R&B Male Vocal Performance. It won the Billboard Music Award for favorite dance / disco 12" LP, and the ... the song was ranked as the sixth greatest pop song since 1963. Rolling Stone placed the song at number 58 on its list of The ... "It is hard to say if there is a greater song than 'Billie Jean'. I think there will never be a song like this one again, with ...
We Have Band
... drum machines and drum samples. Within a few months of working together they had the collection of songs that formed the ... Their style has been variously described as disco revival and depressive disco. They have been lauded as punk funk standard ... This Is Faked DIY described it as "the most chilled disco-funk ever" and as "Kraftwerk running for the bus". Oh! was remixed by ... Many of these songs have appeared as single releases and on various compilations including the Kitsuné Maison compilations. ...
Morning After Dark
Much like the material on his first set, the song heaves with massive sub-bass and weighty kick drums. ... Timbaland ... "The Last Days of Disco Stick". And also, most of the live shows contain samples from Michael Jackson's song "Thriller", as well ... The song debuted at 83 on the Hot 100 Airplay (Radio Songs) chart in the US on the week of November 9, 2009. It debuted at ... that song where the song is kinda hard, but not hard, but sexy. She just fit in 'Morning After Dark', she actually came up with ...
Ship of Memories
Belgium with drum machine and electric sitar amongst the instrumentation. The song was later rearranged and recorded as "Mother ... "Crackers" is another disco-funk instrumental with extended chords more common to jazz. Lastly, "Ship of Memories" is an excerpt ... drums (tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 9) Hans Cleuver - drums (track 7) David Kemper - drums (track 6, 8) "allmusic ((( Ship of Memories > ... The second, or "B" motif first appeared as a "B" motif in the song, "Carmen Elysium", on Thijs van Leer's "Introspection 2" ...
World Class Wreckin' Cru
In the 1970s, Williams had begun producing dance songs under the name Disco Construction, named after funk group Brass ... As the 1980s opened, electronic funk arrived, sampling drum beats and borrowing from old-school rap. Disco Construction created ... A song by the Cru had also featured R&B singer Michel'le. World Class Wreckin' Cru debuted in the nightclub Eve After Dark, ... At his songs' popularity, Williams arranged nightclub performances. Initially directing its music program was Detroit-born ...
Drums (never played on any records) Danny Valencia - Drums Bret Meisenbach - Drums The Stupid Chad EP (Independent, 2000) The ... They released their first song in 14 years, "Blood And Bones", in July 2018. The lyrics to the band's song "Panic" are said to ... Panic at the disco Sat back and took it so slow Are you nervous? Are you shaking? "Ignoring the uninspired power chord ... Paul Riscalla assisted with drum duties for the shows. Despite the fact that both shows were sold out, the band never regrouped ...
"Sexual Healing" has been described as a post-disco, soul and funk song. It begins with a deep bass drum followed by "tinny" ... In different versions of the song, Gaye had added extra lyrics to the second bridge as showcased on the song's demo tape and on ... In the album version of the song, Fuqua's whispers are repeated in the middle of the song, in the single version, however, Gaye ... Frequently included in best-of lists, the song ranked number 45 on Blender's list of their "Top 500 Songs Since You Were Born ...
House of Jealous Lovers
"House of Jealous Lovers" is a dance-punk song. Its percussion section features disco hi-hat patterns and snare drums doubled ... The song would go on to peak at number 27 on the UK Singles Chart. The song was used in the soundtrack for the video game NBA ... Pitchfork placed the song 16th on its "500 best tracks of the 2000s" list. Rolling Stone ranked the song 53rd on its list of ... The DFA reshaped the percussion by layering and reversing the hi-hats and chopping the drums. The song includes prominent ...
All for You (Janet Jackson album)
... is an uptempo dance song utilizing elements of disco and funk. In a nightclub setting, Jackson encourages a man to approach her ... drum programming, MIDI programming, Pro-Tools David Rideau - engineer, mixing Rockwilder - producer, drum programming, MIDI ... In 2012, it was ranked the steamiest song of her discography; an anecdote saying, "This song is so racy people use it as a ... "The Best R&B Songs by White Singers in the 2000s". Complex. August 28, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2014. "20 Hit Songs Meant ...
Melodrama (Lorde album)
The drum solo used as the transition instrument linking "Hard Feelings" to "Loveless" was sampled from Phil Collins' 1981 song ... It was described by critics as an electropop, dance-pop, and post-disco song. Lorde was inspired to write the track after ... Most of the song was constructed using drums, whereas "blanks" were later "filled" with piano sequences. It features an ... In her home in New Zealand, Lorde had a wall of notes for her songs, which she used to "skim" the whole album; it allowed her ...
The second song, "Goodbye," is a pop-rock track that is instrumented by snare drums and hi-hats. "Europa" (Korean: 유로파), ... meanwhile, draws from retro late-1980s Europop and disco-pop genres. "Wait a Minute" was described as a "bouncy" jazz-pop track ... The six songs from the EP debuted on the South Korean Gaon Digital Chart: "Mr.Mr." (number one), "Goodbye" (number ten), "Wait ... It has been described as an R&B-pop song infused with electropop. It also incorporates a hip hop beat and EDM-inspired buildups ...
... and disco. They are known for their jazz fusion reharmonized covers of pop songs like "Baby" by Justin Bieber, "Rolling in the ... Aron Mellergård grew up in Gislaved Sweden where he was inspired to learn to play the drums from a musical family. He met ... He met Aron Mellergardh and wrote songs together in the vein of groovy funk, inspired by music of the 80's and bands like Toto ... One of his first childhood bass idols was Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers after listening to the band's song "Aeroplane" ...
Don't Be So Hard on Yourself
... "multi-tracked choir and military tattoo drums." It is a dance-pop song with influences of disco, house and soul-pop. Lyrically ... Lyrically, the song tells about moving on from hard times and "not being hard on oneself." The song was critically acclaimed ... Paul MacInnes of The Guardian compared it to songs by Emeli Sandé, describing it as "a big piano pop song that invites the ... In Australia, the song was Glynne's first solo top-ten hit and her highest charting single since "Rather Be" (2014). It debuted ...
Discovery (Daft Punk album)
... "very disco". "Short Circuit" is an electro-R&B song with breakbeats and programmed drum patterns. "Face to Face" is a dance-pop ... Several songs from the album would later be sampled by other artists. Kanye West's song "Stronger" from the album Graduation ... Wiley's song "Summertime" from the album See Clear Now features a sample of "Aerodynamic". Jazmine Sullivan's song "Dream Big" ... funk and disco. "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger", the fourth track on the album is an electro-leaning song. It is followed by ...
"Treasure", the album's third single, is a disco-pop song, inspired by English duo Wham! and "Baby I'm Yours" (2010) released by ... ", "tape-echo effects" and steel drums. The ninth track from Unorthodox Jukebox, "Money Makes Her Smile", is the result of a ... The song further peaked at number one in Canada and on the US Pop Songs chart, while reaching the top ten in more than twenty ... the song describes a gold digger who can only be satisfied by "fat stacks of money". The album's final song of the standard ...
Emotion Remixed +
All of the remixes on this album were by people who were either fans of the music or had a new vision of the song and wanted ... Joyce, Colin (December 18, 2015). "Skylar Spence Sends Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Your Type' Back to the Disco". Spin. Archived from ... Carley, Brennan (July 9, 2015). "Bleachers Layer Carly Rae Jepsen's 'I Really Like You' Remix with Drums". Spin. Archived from ... The song was conceived during the same sessions as "Your Type". "Fever" was written with Kyle Shearer, Nate Campany and Saul ...
Questions 67 and 68
... at the Disco sampled this song in "Hallelujah". Swanson, Dave (December 17, 2015). "Top 10 Chicago Songs". Ultimate Classic ... Peter Cetera - lead vocals, bass Robert Lamm - backing and lead vocals, piano Terry Kath - guitar Danny Seraphine - drums Jimmy ... listed the song as ninth in a list of top ten Chicago songs. Writing for Rock Cellar magazine, Frank Mastropolo rated the song ... Cetera and Lamm recorded Japanese-language vocals for the song in 1971, and the version of the song with those vocals was ...
Theme from Doctor Detroit - Wikipedia
50 on the Dance/Disco Top 80 chart. On the Hot 100, the song went to #59. Devo Mark Mothersbaugh - lead vocals; keyboards ... drums Production Devo - producers Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 77. CS1 maint: ... It includes the two songs from the Doctor Detroit movie soundtrack recorded by the band (the title song and "Luv-Luv"), plus a ... All songs written by Mark Mothersbaugh and Gerald Casale Side one "Theme from Doctor Detroit (Dance Mix)" - 6:00 Side two "Luv- ...
Disco Dancer - Wikipedia
The Roland TR-808 drum machine was used extensively during the album production. The song "Auva Auva" (picturized on Karan ... The title song "I Am a Disco Dancer" was the inspiration for Devos song "Disco Dancer" (1988). The British Sri Lankan ... electronic disco song. Geeta Dayal described it as a "disco anthem for the ages, and one of the best songs Lahiri ever did." It ... The film is known for its filmi disco Bollywood songs, composed by Bappi Lahiri and written by Faruk Kaiser. Popular songs ...
Rich Williams reflects on Kansas' decades of music, mayhem and mystery - Goldmine Magazine: Record Collector & Music Memorabilia
That had that constant disco drum beat; that song is our most pop. We never had done happy sounds like that. We were always a ... RW: That song was done and gone and lost in time. "Belexes Mach II" became a much cooler song. We rewrote ourselves on that ... RW: If you were to pick songs that totally define what this band is about, then that song would definitely be in there. The ... RW: Kerry was on an incredible writing roll, and we had been learning song after song. As exciting as working on new material ...
CIRCLE OF ILLUSION discography and reviews
It is soon followed by piano-lead disco-jazz interlude. The song continues with some straightforward melodic metal, before ... This is in introduction to some funky prog-metal with a firework of drum chops. Female vocals and distant male vocals calm down ... It is disco-funk with RnB-like female vocals. Track 6 starts in a melancholic way with a weeping violin. Female vocals that ... This song has many rhythm changes, and harp-like keyboards conclude it, another wink to Jordan Rudess. Track 9 starts as a pop ...
Best Cover Bands in Meadview, AZ
We have an extensive song list that will surely get you and your guests out of their seats! The Hustle consists of bass, drums ... We are a pure, old-school Disco, Funk, and R&B dance band. No tracks! Just live versions of the best hits from the 70s & 80s ... that create the original sound that people are used to hearing from the original songs. We are also an original song of the ... His Hit songs, SMILE, IMDb and SILVER MACHINE IMDb are featured in the movies and can be heard... (more) ...
BBC - The Cut Blog
Panic At The Disco - Nine In The Afternoon The Killers - Read My Mind The Revoffs - Bells & Whistles The Drums - Best Friend ... And here are all of those songs again, for you Spotify users.. I think, if Im honest, my favourite song of the week has to be ... All the songs are in alphabetical order, and theyre ALL great, even the ones youve never heard in full before. Theres no ... Oh, and I should also say if youre in a band or youre a musician, and youd like one of your songs to be considered for The ...
ATMOSPHERE Lyrics - page: 4
226-256 of 256 song lyrics). Average rating for Atmosphere songs is 7.48/10 [41 votes]. Selected popular Atmosphere song of ... 3) An Italian disco group. 4) A Vietnamese metal band.1) The Minnesota underground hip-hop group was formed around 1994. At its ... usually consisting of bass guitar and drums. Atmosphere originally consisted of Spawn (MC).. read more ... January On Lake StreetFlickerLet Me Know That You Know What You Want NowShe Dont Know Why She Love ItFortunateArthurs Song ...
Songs and Albums of 2006 Poll - Page 2 - Acclaimed Music Forums
Liars - A Visit From Drum (from Drums Not Dead - Alt.Rock/Experimental). 10. Tenhi - Kuoppa (from Maaäet - World Music/ ... Dog Fashion Disco - Adultery 16. The Tangent - A Place in the Queue 17. TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain 18. ... SONG results.. 39 voters voted for 295 different songs.. Only one song (the AM unranked "Shakey Dog") is in line for a wildcard ... From the top of my head, thats the only year where my favorite song is the title song from my favorite album. ...
Our Pathetic Age - DJ Shadow | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic
... stream songs, credits and award information for Our Pathetic Age - DJ Shadow on AllMusic - 2019 - Seen by Shadow as his ... Shadow continually switches it up with trap gospel and despondent disco at the extremes and window-rattling drums a near ... cutting through drums that batter like 1990 Public Enemy or 1996 Chemical Brothers -- qualifies as one of the most boastful ...
10CC Bloody Tourists reviews
This page includes Bloody Touristss : cover picture, songs / tracks list, members/musicians and line-up, different releases ... In 1978 it was hard to escape punk and disco drums. Luckliy 10cc breathed fresh air into the music scene with Bloody Tourists ... Its a song about travel of course, like most of the songs on the album.Great lyrics here too, such as: Pack a shirt and some ... The songs awful lyrics are only surpassed by the poor melody.. The entire album consists of short, pop based songs, there is ...
Sweet - Hell Raiser (Disco '72) (music video) - [507f70a67]
Blondie (band) - Wikipedia
... by dabbling in disco, the song became a monumental worldwide success and became one of the biggest selling singles of 1979. The ... 28) and Burke with Destris Heart on a Wall. Burke went to Europe to play drums on Eurythmics debut album In The Garden. ... Valentine by this point had left the group, and did not play on the album or contribute to the writing of any songs (two songs ... In the song Harry mentions the hip hop and graffiti artist Fab Five Freddy who also appears in the video for the song. ...
Undercurrents: From the Josef Weinberger, Programme Music & Impress Libraries 1967-1985 | Sounds of the Universe
Devon Russell - Drum Song. *The Gaylads - Africa. *Black Brothers & The New Establishment - School Children ... Disco Hamam 6Various ArtistsDisco Hamam. Disco Hamam is back with their sixth, essential volume of Turkish and Middle Eastern ... disco edits - prowling disco sleaze with expert adjustments from the.... New Disco and re-edits, Disco, Turkish/Middle Eastern ... Too Slow To Disco: NEO Presents The Sunset ManifestoVarious ArtistsHow Do You Are?. Poolside disco and breezy Balearic vibes in ...
Soul Jazz Club Flyer #5 - 100% Dynamite (at Blue Angel) | Soul Jazz Records
"Drum Song" rhythm, to a trio of stunning instrumentals: Jackie Mittoo and the Cyclones with nyahbinghi drummer Count Ossie on " ... Disco: An Encyclopedic guide to the cover art of discoPosterSoul Jazz Records. Oh yes! 50 x 70cm KILLER poster!! ... Opening night! Latin, disco, soul and funk - a great combination! Our Nu Yorica night had been up and running for a couple of ... I mean this is a guy who at 19 was playing drums with Fela Kuti in Africa. He is a musical genius. Its a creative joy and ...
I Love You • Ink 19
There are three songs after that, and every single one is fucking crackerjack (like the eight-bit musicbox and Bad Seeds ... And then they follow that up - no pause whatsoever - with the death rock disco of "This Is The Best Birthday Ever." Wire-esque ... guitar stabs, hand claps, and pained moans elbow for space in a ridiculously funky bass-and-drum soup. Two for two! Then its ... These are simple songs, but goddamn theyre fucking good. "The Colloquialism Is Simply Gas" has a tight-ass mod groove ...
Back to Skull [EP] - They Might Be Giants | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic
... stream songs, credits and award information for Back to Skull [EP] - They Might Be Giants on AllMusic - 1994 - Back to Skull ... Train" are more familiar-sounding songs, with John and John relying more on drum machines and synthesizers than amped-up ... Its a pseudo-disco retooling, with John Linnell squeaking out an appropriately tasteless falsetto. "Mrs. Train" uses its own ... Taking a line from a Sly and the Family Stone song and perverting it to mean just the opposite of its original intention, " ...
Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers (2013) | Nile Rodgers & Chic: their best songs, ranked - Music
The duo questioned him on the secret of creating a classic disco groove. "I cant explain it," Rodgers admitted. "But I know it ... He removed all instruments except drums from their original recording of Get Lucky, plugged in his battered 1959 Fender ... Gallery: St Patricks Day: the 12 best Irish songs of all time. ... Gallery: St Patricks Day: the 12 best Irish songs of all time ...
Puddu Varano - Time to Grow : !earshot : reviews
Most of the songs blend into each other and few really stand out. The few that do are "Black Heat" with its repeated chorus ( ... The Danish/Italian duo describe their sound as a mish-mash of funk, 70s disco, house, soul, latin and rock. Alex Puddu is the ... Italian half, he drums and plays guitar. Morten Varano is the sequencer and plays the keyboards and other electronics. Alex ... An Extra Bar of the Wrong Song (Self-Released) Apr 10, 2013 ... Wood Songs EP (Self-Released) Mar 9, 2015 Aunts & Uncles Aunts ...
Mighty Soul Samples! Funk & Motown Sample Pack for Hip Hop, Disco and more for FL Studio, Logic, Ableton etc
Disco and Motown inspired construction kits! These 16 kits are chock full Horns, Guitars, Bass, breaks, strings, keys and more! ... and youll find a truly inspired collection of classic vinyl inspired song kits. Featuring no less than 16 sweet song kits plus ... Rainer + Grimm bring you 245MB+ of the freshest House Samples, featuring Bass, Synth & Drum Loops, Vocals, FX, One Shots and ... Scratch away at the surface of Mighty Soul and youll find a truly inspired collection of classic vinyl inspired song kits. ...
DS9] Jammer's Review: 'The Way of the Warrior'
Check out the new fancy pants theme song! We got some edm type electro bass and some drums. Sisko at the disco. About the ... Blah blah honor, blah blah many songs will be sung, blah blah Batleth, etc... Especially Worf who seems to have lost all the ... Wah wah wahhh We get some snare drum scene-setting, followed by another confrontation between Garak and Dukat, who feel the ... I like the Klingon song and intensity with the old family friend; I like his scene with Odo, between sizing each other up and ...
The story of UK DIY: 131 experimental underground classics from 1977-1985 - Fact Magazine
Other songs on the EP have a more typical, skiffle-ish, primitive guitar/drums/vox feel, but the song writing of Joe Beagle - ... Songs like Disco Pope will get lodged firmly in your head, its childlike melodies patterned across each other with ... I prefer this phase of Disco Zombies to their later, slightly artier music - maybe its that drum machine - and theres ... Their songs have a humility that capture the giddiness of teenage romance and the depressions of late teen life, and the songs ...
Disco Fever | www.splicetoday.com
... might be one of the coolest disco songs ever written about New York.. During their set, Justice played all of my favorite songs ... who practically rip their drum sections straight from old disco records, and Holy Ghost!, whose "Hold On" ... Discos role as a forebear to any music today feels a bit, well, off. Discos history is that of flameout in the most epic of ... calling all these things disco is a bit of a misnomer. justice isnt really disco, nor is daft punk. just sayin ...
Track of the Day: 'A Fifth of Beethoven' by Walter Murphy - The Atlantic
Its the album that epitomizes disco for better or worse.. The majority of the songs were original compositions, but two ... adding a thumping drum track and and turned into a #1 dance track. I kind of wonder what Ludwig would have thought of it all. ... The song reached number two in the Billboard Hot 100 behind Marvin Gayes "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," another song ... His nickname is Basher-because he bashes out great song after great song. ...
Elements Of Style: 49 Beats Every Drummer Needs To Know - DRUM! Magazine
Disco. Genres: Disco, House, Pop, Rock, Metal, Funk. Disco grooves are commonly based around a four-on-the-floor bass drum ... The role of a funk drummer is to create tightly arranged drum parts that best serve the song and to lay down a steady pulse ... It wouldnt kill you to learn a couple of hand-drumming patterns, would it? If youve never attempted to play hand drums you ... It is commonly used for songs with the word "twist" in the song title as well as 60s era surf music. ...
Haile M. Ghiorgis - Man Biye? / A Happy Disco Song - Boomkat
... floor with A Happy Disco Song, living up to its mantle with strutting bassline, flying disco drums and properly uplifting, ... floor with A Happy Disco Song, living up to its mantle with strutting bassline, flying disco drums and properly uplifting, ... A-side features the masterful hustle of Man Biye?, a melancholic instrumental love-song demonstrating Ghiorgis elegant ... A-side features the masterful hustle of Man Biye?, a melancholic instrumental love-song demonstrating Ghiorgis elegant ...
Heart of Glass (song) - Wikipedia
The song had a slower, funkier sound with a basic disco beat. For this reason the band referred to it as "The Disco Song".[7 ... To synchronize the actual drum play with the drum machine, the drums were also recorded on separate tracks, with the bass drum ... was their take on disco. The band itself has jokingly taken to referring to the song as "The Disco Song" in interviews. The ... The song was ultimately given the disco orientation that made the song one of the best-known Blondie recordings. For the single ...
Super Wild Horses: Fifteen | Midheaven Mailorder
In addition to this, they have garnered an international cult following and had a song featured on a Bonds TV commercial. The ... Super Wild Horses are two Melbourne gals who switch between guitar, drums and keyboard. Formed in 2009, they play taut, minimal ... The Drones and My Disco, including a much-talked about Golden Plains Sunday morning set. ... Recorded by ECSRs MIKEY YOUNG, this breakthrough album perfectly captures the chunky guitar/drum wallop and ripe vocal ...
RA Reviews: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight on Lo Recordings (Album)
Faster songs Open the Night and Is Sorrow are rendered hollow by earlier efforts like The Devil in Us or Follow Me. If ... And while With Honey Cream has the trademark Black Devil kick drum, weird sirens and arpeggiated bassline, its nowhere near ... Disco Club and 28 Later sounded ghostly-from the past, and yet also from the future. Even after the production was cleaned up ... Rainbow Disco Club reveals full 2015 lineup. Todd Terje, John Talabot and Vakula will all head to Japan for the three-day ...
The Strokes - 'Comedown Machine'
All The Time follows, with Fab Morettis thumping drums and heaps of guitars. Then Welcome To Japan, with its disco-lite ... For one thing, Take On Me is one of the greatest pop songs ever written. For another, it suggested that Julian Casablancas ... In the middle theres Partners In Crime, possibly the catchiest song The Strokes have ever written, with its journalist- ...
Music for Maniacs: January 2014
All the songs are lengthy "extended disco versions" (only 3 tracks on side one!) which begin with interminable kick-drum thump ... Price: €7, tho the super song "Lon Chaney" is free, and you know a song has to be good if its about Lon Chaney.. - Zlata ... 11 Sun Ra & His Mythical Science Arkestra - Solar Drums 12 Lecuona Cuban Boys - Tabou [very early 78 rpm version of song that ... 70s disco cash-in records. Unlike those individual songs, Ethel Merman, the 70-something star of stage and screen musicals, cut ...
BassSynthVocalsFunkVibeCowbellMusicPercussionRiffsGuitarsPolyrhythmicRhythmCatchyVocalSynthsBasslineClem BurkeGrooveReggae1978BiscuitsLicks199920161970sRockMinimalistDancerBandRhythmsAfricaPink FloydQuirkyIllicitSeventiesDavid BowieJustin BieberBeatsConventionalBand'sAlbumBeatTracksMachineCosmicLiveElectronicBouncyExcept drumsSoundFunkyChordsMelodiesAmidstGospelSmoothRecordingsTitleGreatDanceWorseInstrumentalTwistPlayRecordTune
- The band's line-up is completed with Robert TRAEXLER on guitar, Stephan FOERST on bass, Aaron THIER on drums, Ulrike MUELLNER on the e-violin, Taris BROWN, Carole COLE and Elga SHAFRAN are the lead vocals of the band, who are representing the characters Jeremias, Jelena and Sarah. (progarchives.com)
- Unlike many hip hop groups, Atmosphere provides its own live instrumentation, usually consisting of bass guitar and drums. (elyrics.net)
- Original jungle style - roots and culture - from the earliest days of drum and bass. (soundsoftheuniverse.com)
- Wire-esque guitar stabs, hand claps, and pained moans elbow for space in a ridiculously funky bass-and-drum soup. (ink19.com)
- Simplifying the bass drum pattern can be useful when you're first learning this groove or anytime you need to play one at a low volume or fast tempos. (drummagazine.com)
- The bass drum is a surdo, played with an ultra-fuzzy mallet on real goatskin heads. (drummagazine.com)
- More advanced drummers can play with the bass drum only on count 3 , instead of all the quarter-notes, for a one drop feel. (drummagazine.com)
- For the single release the track was remixed by Chapman, with the double-tracked bass drum even more accentuated. (wikipedia.org)
- Billy Budd" still rocks every time and Solomon Walker (Bass) hopped up on the drum riser and did some slight head banging. (blogspot.com)
- Live we use a laptop for main drums and I play live bass. (prsformusic.com)
- The kick, bass or arpeggiator create the rhythm of the song, and it's the beeps, percussion and textures that create the interest and character. (prsformusic.com)
- For me it's the post-punk bands and the way they fused disco beats, percussion, strong bass lines and angular guitars. (prsformusic.com)
- Take Ecstasy With Me" starts out almost surprisingly faithful to the original, even imitating Stephin Merritt's deep voice, but soon takes on a life of its own with beefed-up drums, woozy layers of strings, and echoing, rubbery bass. (neumu.net)
- I Feel Space" relies less on ping-ponging conga drums and more on melody, with keyboards that come on slow like a sunrise, floating on top of synthesized snares and an Italo-disco bass line. (neumu.net)
- Person will be accompanied by Brian Piper on piano, James Gilyard on bass and Andrew Griffith on drums. (utdallas.edu)
- The bass-and-drum centered arrangements on this album add a nice groovy touch, especially on the title track, whose smooth disco vibe is further enhanced by the killer drums and bass combination. (dailyvault.com)
- The use of instruments was different than the traditional guitar/bass/drums. (peek-a-boo-magazine.be)
- The song is a funky, eight-minute dance rock epic propelled by live drumming, groovy bass and squelchy electronic instrumentation. (totallyfuzzy.net)
- DPO is comprised of Chris Sheldon on drums/vocals, Paul Murin on guitar/vocals, Brian Adams on bass/vocals, and Ted Tilton on keys/vocals. (gratefulweb.com)
- In a process hinted at by pioneers of black dance music as early as the nineteen-sixties, familiar elements of the traditional popular song - verse-chorus-verse structure, harmonic resolutions - were stripped away, leaving eerie cyclic patterns of bass and drums, overlaid with the barest remnants of melody. (harikunzru.com)
- under their new band name The Young Veins (joined by Andy Soukal on bass, Nick White on keys and Nick Murry on drums). (theywillrockyou.com)
- I went to high school with Andy (bass) and Nick and Nick (keys and drums) are both from Los Angeles. (theywillrockyou.com)
- Banjo / Dobro with bass, drums and later on, electric guitar in bl. (neosounds.com)
- Soulful guitar chords on a funky drum and bass groove topped by mojo horn. (neosounds.com)
- Drums, upright bass, pi. (neosounds.com)
- And on old disco tracks, the bass drum was always recorded separately, so Clem had to pound away on a foot-pedal for three hours until they got a take they were happy with. (theguardian.com)
- Hawkins' murder lead to racial tension throughout New York and was remembered in rap songs such as Brand Nubian's "Concerto in X Minor," Chubb Rock's "Treat 'Em Right," Lakim Shabazz' "No Justice No Peace," Kool G Rap & DJ Polo's "Erase Racism" and 3rd Bass' "The Gas Face (Remix). (rapreviews.com)
- At The Disco) --who also plays drums, bass and guitar on the album--along with guest keyboardist Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. of Beck fame, with real strings recorded by Emmy-winning, Tony & Grammy nominated arranger/ composer Rob Mathes at Abbey Road. (firstfleetconcerts.com)
- A supergroup featuring The Modern Lovers' Ernie Brooks on bass, Red Crayola's Jesse Chamberlain on drums, Ed Tomney on lead vocal and guitar, Randy Gunn on guitar, as well as an appearance from legendary trombone player Peter Zummo on 'Sahara', Russell joined The Necessaries a few years after they initially formed in 1979. (factmag.com)
- Not every band rely solely on the standard bass, drums, guitar and vocal structure of music. (altpress.com)
- Stacey Krejci's bass takes are edited for "Unstoppable Me," and darned if it doesn't sound like a real song now! (netads.com)
- The "Leahy sound" - a combination of strong stride piano, unique bass guitar and drumming styles along with driving rhythm guitar - was the foundation from which fiery fiddle led instrumentals and vocals were launched to mainstream music listeners. (cashboxcanada.ca)
- Airsickness (similar to Senses Fail, Set It Off, Hawthorne Heights) is an edgy four piece rock band from Tampa, Florida formed by brothers Owen Jago (vocals/guitar) and Casey Jago (bass), along with Allen Litchfield (guitar) and Nick Masengale (drums). (darkside.ru)
- The bass lines are the blood of most of the songs. (doubtfulsounds.net)
- The closer "To Bring you Back," is a melancholy ballad stitched together with just enough interaction from bass, drums, slide guitar and piano to carve out a song. (ink19.com)
- Ira Kaplan took over bass for a song in each set in the guise of James McNew's long-running Dump project, complete with a monster movie cover featuring McNew's bandmate (and wife) Amy Posner on organ. (villagevoice.com)
- Primarily releasing drum & bass, the label was started in 1996 by Tony Colman and Chris G oss, and has grown to become one of the most well known labels within UK dance music. (hospitalrecords.com)
- Hospital's early drum and bass output earned the label an underground fanbase, but it was London Elektricity's ' Song In The Key of Knife ', released in Spring 1998 that really captured the imagination of the whole scene. (hospitalrecords.com)
- As London Elektricity , Tony and Chris' first long player ' Pull The Plug ', released in the summer of 99, received much critical acclaim and is still widely regarded as a classic album, far removed from the overlong and pretentious drum and bass albums of the time. (hospitalrecords.com)
- Tony and Chris compiled and released the first in a series of freestyle compilations, Out Patients , signalling the fact that Hospital was no longer "just" a drum and bass label. (hospitalrecords.com)
- In 2004 ' Live Gravy ' took the L.E sound to the next level as Hospital continued to bravely push the boundaries of Drum and Bass. (hospitalrecords.com)
- By then established as one of the worlds biggest drum & bass nights, Hospitality launched a quarterly residency at legendary London super club Heaven. (hospitalrecords.com)
- The songs are energetic and twitchy, full of loping bass lines and bright, springy guitars powered by Golden's taut, ticking drum parts and yelping vocals. (courant.com)
- Although the songs have a distinctive sound and style, there's plenty of variation: wah-wah guitar on 'Disco Daughter,' dizzying guitar-bass interplay on 'Pirates's Cove' and a stinging single-note guitar part on the more measured closer, 'Kodachrome Daydream. (courant.com)
- The electronic dance music genres that followed disco in the 1980s and 1990s, such as house music and techno kept the bass drum rhythm introduced by disco but did not use the orchestral arrangements or horn sections. (artandpopularculture.com)
- House and techno had a more minimalist sound that layered electronic sounds and samples over a drum machine drum part and a repetitive synth bass bassline. (artandpopularculture.com)
- Seattle multi-instrumentalist Andy Sells has been doing his thing for quite some time, (all in bands that I need to/ will be checking out) including playing bass for Nosretep , drums for Afrocop and being part of the electronic outfit FCS North. (3hive.com)
- Neil Young - vocals, guitar + Promise of the Real Anthony Logerfo - drums Tato Melgar - percussion Corey McCormick - bass guitar Lu. (blogspot.com)
- Birmingham Conservatoire Jazz Orchestra with Special Guests Dave Holland, bass Nate Smith, drums Stan Sulzmann, saxophones 01 Amblesid. (blogspot.com)
- In Hamburg he was exposed to a broader range of synthesisers and electronic instruments, favouring a Yamaha drum computer and DX-7 keyboard, a small old Roland synth, and a Solton organ - all of which you'll hear inside these two beauties taken from his sole, self-released solo LP, Tigill Lemenor - Überleben - Survival . (boomkat.com)
- The record features catchy synth lines, disco drums, cowbell, handclaps and the collective shouting of a band that is trying to get a reaction out of you. (indiemusicfilter.com)
- The song was spectacular with its gentle synth strings breakdown near the end of the song. (blogspot.com)
- VonStroke takes the song down a different path, opting to layer it in waves of warm nu-disco synth. (stereogum.com)
- The slick Eighties synth grooves of "Headspace," for example, originated as an initial idea from Tord before Murph expanded it into one of the album's strongest moments: "I wanted that whole song to feel like you were driving a Cadillac, coming down or hungover. (kexp.org)
- Straight drum machine beat with funky guitar and synth elements. (neosounds.com)
- A drum machine provides the heartbeat and spine to the songs with its pounding basic patterns beneath synth leads and pads that sparkle and swirl when required. (doubtfulsounds.net)
- Continuing through washy synth stabs and submerged guitar leads, the song marks an expansion into true pop territory for the group. (ghettoblastermagazine.com)
- Expect super heavy basslines, equally heavy twisted Amen drum loops, even heavier ragga vocals! (soundsoftheuniverse.com)
- They did it anyway, transforming the song with Wilson Pickett's soulful vocals, and the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section (aka "The Swampers") featuring a young Duane Allman on guitar. (theatlantic.com)
- Then 'Welcome To Japan', with its disco-lite beat, guitars mimicking Casablancas' vocals and catty lyrics that ask, "What kind of asshole drives a Lotus? (nme.com)
- To where can you match those backmasked synths, starchy basslines, eerily dead drums and edge-of-falsetto vocals? (pitchfork.com)
- When PSB are in overload or sentimental mode Neil Tennant's vocals are an anchor: here though he walks you through the song drily, spelling everything out. (freakytrigger.co.uk)
- Snooky all previously from dumfries and galloway .Now two live in edinburgh,2 back in gretna and one in glasgow.Their music is a melodic blend of crunching guitar choruses,brandon boyyd vocals,highly inspired lead riffs and crazy drumming. (edinburgh-places.co.uk)
- The effect turns out to be perfect for the record - Harvey's sad, sing-song, man-child vocals are wounded and baffled exactly when they need to be, when his character's understanding of the situation breaks down: "Don't understand what's goin' on… All that I do seems to be wrong. (freakytrigger.co.uk)
- And scarcely has it ended than Buckingham storms in with his epileptic "The Ledge", sounding like the Gang Of Four trapped in Sun studios with scratchy guitar, near indecipherable vocals and Kleenex boxes for drums. (uncut.co.uk)
- The seven songs are loaded with lyrics, which I'm not prepared to comment on, other than to say that the vocals and lyrics do seem to be the main thrust of the music. (expose.org)
- The uncharacteristic looseness was charming, especially on a new cover of "Dave," a 45 track by dB's drummer (and old YLT pal/neighbor) Will Rigby, arranged for the night with drum machine, chintzy keys, and three-part vocals. (villagevoice.com)
- Having played live throughout the UK and Europe, Morton Valence have seen a number of line-up changes over the years, but the one constant has been the vocal pairing of Robert 'Hacker' Jessett and Anne Gilpin, who blend bitter-sweet vocals with witty and heartfelt song writing, put through their unique leftfield filter. (thelexington.co.uk)
- SPRAY PAINT are a no wave punk outfit from Austin, Texas made up of Chris Stephenson (drums/vocals), Cory Plump (guitar/vocals) and George Dishner (guitar/vocals). (thelexington.co.uk)
- The Danish/Italian duo describe their sound as a mish-mash of funk, 70's disco, house, soul, latin and rock. (earshot-online.com)
- Inspired by warm vintage Soul sounds this unique producer toolkit encompasses the essence of this supreme genre and explores its dynamic deviations, from Funk to Disco, Motown and even a touch of Rock! (primeloops.com)
- Get hold of 773MB+ of live-recorded Soul, Funk, Disco and Motown inspired Construction Kits! (primeloops.com)
- Norwich duo Sink Ya Teeth are responsible for some of the finest metronomic funk and illicit disco we've heard this side of the electroclash explosion. (prsformusic.com)
- A retro disco funk track with a latin feel. (neosounds.com)
- Smooth, feelgood funk/disco track. (neosounds.com)
- Glass Candy has gone from being a pair of awkward Portland artists making music that had as much to do with weird electronics as post-grunge, to the poster children for a new breed of acts exploring locked-in-the-mortuary disco and obscure early '80s electro-funk. (xlr8r.com)
- When you listen to the songs in the context of those years, this is a great pop and rock album from a man who wasn't only a great producer for The Band, New York Dolls, Grand Funk, Meatloaf and a lot more stars. (keysandchords.com)
- Tappi Tíkarrass was a famous Icelandic punk/pop band which added elements of funk, disco and jazz to their music, marking a difference from other traditional bands at that time. (blogspot.com)
- Exactly who decided to give the song a more pronounced disco vibe is subject to differing recollections. (wikipedia.org)
- The music for all the songs were composed by Bappi Lahiri and the lyrics were penned by Anjaan and Faruk Kaiser. (wikipedia.org)
- On August 18, 2017 the full song was self-released on iTunes and Spotify and followed up with a music video on the same day. (wikipedia.org)
- On March 14, 2018 they released the song "Nobody Likes The Opening Band" as a free download on their website accompanied with a music video. (wikipedia.org)
- This was followed by three music videos, one for each song on the EP. (wikipedia.org)
- Over the next three years, the band achieved several hit singles  including " Heart of Glass ", " Call Me ", " Rapture " and " The Tide Is High " and became noted for its eclectic mix of musical styles incorporating elements of disco , pop , reggae , and early rap music. (wikipedia.org)
- Sweet performing "Hell Raiser" on the German music show DISCO from the 23rd June, 1973. (totallyfuzzy.net)
- Since most "world" music is older than the modern-day drum set, it's crucial to think like a percussionist to get an authentic sound. (drummagazine.com)
- In an interview published in the February 4, 1978 edition of NME , Debbie Harry expressed her affinity for the Euro disco music of Giorgio Moroder , stating that "It's commercial, but it's good, it says something. (wikipedia.org)
- Tiesto plays a combination of techno and trance music, the whirring repetitive drum machines that keep your body moving at a steady pace, to be increased or decreased at the DJ's discretion. (splicetoday.com)
- Last year's You Don't Mess with the Zohan , Adam Sandler's most recent comedy, had a long-running gag where Sandler loves disco music and dancing, which is supposed to make him look out of date and goofy during the film. (splicetoday.com)
- An introduction to the Music of DISCO MISSILE. (freemusicarchive.org)
- Ether Radio Edit by Disco Missile is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License . (freemusicarchive.org)
- For fans of bands like The Rapture , Spiral Beach , or The Music , here's songs for people looking to have a little fun. (indiemusicfilter.com)
- The songs are short and tight but not without complexity, thanks to the incessant interplay between the different synthesizer sounds and effects in the music that are definitely not normal but are still incredibly catchy. (dailyvault.com)
- But with Pink Floyd, I discovered music that was different from disco and rock, something that could tempt me. (peek-a-boo-magazine.be)
- My favourite features the song being played at super-low speed , like odd industrial music. (theguardian.com)
- It is loud rap music, more specifically "Fight the Power," a song written for the movie by militant group Public Enemy, that disturbes the peace evoked by the score and eventually provides the spark that causes the powder keg to explode. (rapreviews.com)
- All songs from this month's Heavy Rotation are available to stream on Apple Music , or on the Heavy Rotation Spotify playlist at the bottom of this page. (wglt.org)
- The only Sound of Music song I have on my hard drive is the yodeling song. (blogs.com)
- It was such a powerful song and experience that I sought out to do the music video for the song. (cashboxcanada.ca)
- That said there is a indeed a strong connection between the moods presented in the music and lyrics and the songs' titles. (doubtfulsounds.net)
- One of the more interesting passages on the work of Eddy Grant comes in Sebastian Clarke‟s Jah Music: The Evolution of the Popular Jamaican Song, which was published in 1980. (issuu.com)
- other tracks were "13-16" by Utangarðsmenn, "Boureé" by Jethro Tull, "Funky Town", and two instrumental songs (untitled).This band came to an end when decided to create a punk band with more serious music. (blogspot.com)
- They closed T+G in 95 and formed two labels, Hospital and Galactic Disco Music. (hospitalrecords.com)
- Examples includes minimalist music , krautrock , disco (and its later derivatives such as house music ), some techno , Igor Stravinsky 's compositions, barococo , and the Suzuki method . (artandpopularculture.com)
- While disco songs do have some repetitive elements, such as a persistent throbbing beat, these repetitive elements were counterbalanced by the musical variety provided by orchestral arrangements and disco mixes that added different sound textures to the music, ranging from a full, orchestral sound to stripped-down "break" sections. (artandpopularculture.com)
- Rave music was played at massive dance parties ("raves") where many Ecstasy -fueled dancers would dance all night to the throbbing, repetitive beat of rave songs. (artandpopularculture.com)
- She sings beautifully low-key, reflective, slightly sad songs: gentle and poetic music for wandering through meadows on overcast days. (chaindlk.com)
- While the term encompasses all aspects of hip hop music creation, including recording the rapping of an MC, a turntablist or DJ providing a beat, playing samples and "scratching" using record players and the creation of a rhythmic backing track, using a drum machine or sequencer, it is most commonly used to refer to. (incommunity.it)
- The Music Instinct: Science and Song Performing Arts - 120 min - ★ 8.34 The Music Instinct: Science and Song provides a. (topdocumentaryfilms.com)
- Dig deeper and you might research the size of the drums and cymbals used, how the drummer tunes his kit, and whether you need any percussion items like cowbells or tambourines. (drummagazine.com)
- Throughout some of their songs, you can hear a clicking noise that is one of the members smacking a deer skull to create hollow percussion noises. (altpress.com)
- MIDI triggers can also be installed into acoustic drum and percussion instruments. (middleagedjock.com)
- The biggest surprises and strongest assets on The Spell are the driving, pulse-quickening numbers like "The Fix" and "GPS," which rise up from the desert floor and bloom into almost-dance tracks thanks to a disco beat from the rhythm section, manic percussion and some tasteful wah-wah on the guitar lines. (ink19.com)
- There's an intriguing tension at the outset of 'Danny Come Inside', a stretched-thin vocal harmony sitting low against a hotly-mixed drum track, blunt riffs, and a sneaky hook, but all these interesting ideas just hang on, as the song itself is a four-minute jog to nowhere in particular. (pitchfork.com)
- Its restlessness and creative velocity stand out as its strongest assets and they've corralled a diverse range of influences (Liars, Joy Division New Order, Skeptics, Cabaret Voltaire, Bauhaus are strong candidates) yet some of the songs come across like collected ideas and riffs collated into tracks that end up sounding incomplete or undercooked. (doubtfulsounds.net)
- All The Time' follows, with Fab Moretti's thumping drums and heaps of guitars. (nme.com)
- Jessie Tobias (Guitars) had a capo on the 2nd fret and was employing a metal slide for most of the song. (blogspot.com)
- Live drums, guitars and horns. (neosounds.com)
- Dig beneath the electric guitars and blustering drums that contrast his more trademark hushed folk, and you'll find his inimitable stamp all over the album, finally reissued this week on Be With Records. (factmag.com)
- The Finish Line' is Event Horizon 's most progressive standout - a maelstrom of heavy, distorted guitars, psychedelic disco swirls and freaky cello folk all pulled together by Russell's undulating voice. (factmag.com)
- Spray Paint's buzz-sawing guitars run headlong through labyrinthine tunnels of reverb, chased down by some wildly brain-bashing drums. (thelexington.co.uk)
- Copeland, an American, who grew up in Beirut, Lebanon, where his father served as CIA chief, was a garrulous extrovert - at least on the surface - whose busy polyrhythmic drumming echoed his outgoing personality. (scarlet.nl)
- Matching rhythm, Adams and Flaherty laid a solid foundation for DPO guitarist, Paul Murin to lay down an incredibly funky closing solo that would end that particular run of songs. (gratefulweb.com)
- I can't get over this record, and feel bad for anyone interested in rhythm and soul that misses this deep, satisfying instrumental ode to Nigerian drum master Tony Allen. (riverfronttimes.com)
- The songs are catchy and thoughtful and still sound good after listening to it every single day for several months. (gloriousnoise.com)
- Recorded by ECSR's MIKEY YOUNG, this breakthrough album perfectly captures the chunky guitar/drum wallop and ripe vocal melodies. (midheaven.com)
- While "It's A Sin" and "Always On My Mind" took the full-on approach, "Heart" only hints at the epic, dropping string snatches, guitar strums and chopped vocal samples in and out discreetly over its metronome disco. (freakytrigger.co.uk)
- Strong" is one of the highlights from last year's London Grammar debut, If You Wait , centered around a characteristically strong vocal performance from Hannah Reid, diffuse drumming, and xx-style guitar licks. (stereogum.com)
- Wild Bill Moore's "We're Gonna Rock, We're Gonna Roll" gets as close to being a rock & roll song as Bill Haley ever got -- the vocal chant makes the point, and the sax vamps do the rolling. (tomhull.com)
- He can spend 150 hours on a beat-he works based on a 30-hour day (read: until total exhaustion)-tweaking and obsessing, crossing his fingers that when he gets together with Ida No to actually make the song, she's written a vocal part that syncs perfectly. (xlr8r.com)
- Furthermore, synths and the rudimentary drum machines that were also newly available encouraged a "non-musical" (at least in rock terms) approach. (pitchfork.com)
- He's quick to go on about equipment, explaining his gear-a lot of synths, drum pads, never a computer-like a parent talks about their kid. (xlr8r.com)
- Right from the off those 70â s influenced disco-drums saunter in conjunction with a short intro of some synths. (thefourohfive.com)
- The B-side coolly steps to the 'floor with A Happy Disco Song , living up to its mantle with strutting bassline, flying disco drums and properly uplifting, super fruity keyboard vamps bound to light up any floor at the right time. (boomkat.com)
- And while 'With Honey Cream' has the trademark Black Devil kick drum, weird sirens and arpeggiated bassline, it's nowhere near as camp or as entertaining as its predecessors. (residentadvisor.net)
- From the propulsive disco chords on 'Driving and Talking At The Same Time' and the funky bassline of 'On The Run', to the widescreen, lovelorn rock of Replacements-esque 'Detroit Tonight', each Russell-penned track tips its hat to his other musical projects, including Dinosaur L and Loose Joints. (factmag.com)
-  In a 1998 interview, drummer Clem Burke recalled seeing the episode in which the wrong song was played, but he and Chris Stein suggested that it may have been a deliberate subterfuge on the part of Meldrum. (wikipedia.org)
- Clem Burke, our drummer, refused to play the song live at first. (theguardian.com)
- The duo questioned him on the secret of creating a classic disco groove. (telegraph.co.uk)
- This groove is often heard in jazz songs and is based on the triplet version of the 3:2 rumba clave. (drummagazine.com)
- It's an evolution that sees the band embracing a sleeker, shinier, even dancier version of themselves - a cosmic disco of the body and the soul, still anchored in the groove, but ascending to the stars. (electricfetus.com)
- Rather than jam your way to a song through the intuitive logic of groove and feel, tracks could be built up through addition and subtraction, using a hypnotic but uninflected machine-beat as a grid for the assembly process. (pitchfork.com)
- The trade-off here is depth: in catching performances for only a few songs at a time, I lose the ability to get into the groove of a set, and of course, I might end up missing a band or artist's best tune. (popmatters.com)
- Their upcoming self-titled album is a funktastic, 8 song romp of post-punk meets disco-groove goodness - seriously, these guys aren't messing around, this is a solid contender for album of the year. (3hive.com)
- Reggae drumming is a lot more complex than most people think. (drummagazine.com)
- The Disco Biscuits show from The Electric Factory in Philly will also be webcast. (blogspot.com)
- But even if you don't want to play professionally, maybe you just want to learn a few chords, licks, songs, for yourself, or to impress friends. (takelessons.com)
- I hadn't heard this song since he played the Palladium back in 1999. (blogspot.com)
- O seu lançamento como o primeiro single do disco ocorreu em 22 de julho de 2016, através das gravadoras Mad Decent e Def Jam . (wikipedia.org)
-  Slant Magazine placed it at number 42 on their list of the greatest dance songs of all time  and Pitchfork named it the 18th best song of the 1970s. (wikipedia.org)
- The dance influences are 1970s/80s, and the hard-hitting drums are sampled from Maclean's early-'90s band, Sub Pop electro-rockers Six Finger Satellite, but the production is 2005 all the way and avoids sounding overly retro-fetishistic. (neumu.net)
- But Kansas managed to beat the odds and set its songs soaring up the charts and into rock and roll history. (goldminemag.com)
- And then they follow that up - no pause whatsoever - with the death rock disco of "This Is The Best Birthday Ever. (ink19.com)
-   This original version was inspired by The Hues Corporation 's hit disco song " Rock the Boat " (1974). (wikipedia.org)
- It was arguably the first time in New York, in the middle of the great rock versus disco split, that a rock band had played a disco song. (wikipedia.org)
- Blondie went on to record 'Heart of Glass,' other groups recorded other danceable songs, and dance rock was born. (wikipedia.org)
- In White Rabbits' defense, otherwise potentially solid MOR bands treating choruses and song structure as vestigial organs of less-evolved times is seemingly as reflective of indie rock in general as it is their own personal path. (pitchfork.com)
- A bright, bouncy indie rock song with elements of rockabilly and Britpop. (neosounds.com)
- Vanaf 1973 raakt hij geïnspireerd door progressieve rock en richt hij in 1974 de band Utopia op die in verschillende bezettingen tot 1986 zal bestaan. (keysandchords.com)
- We horen jaren zeventig rock, progressieve heavy rock, popsongs, en experimenten met de toen nieuwe synthesizers en elektronica. (keysandchords.com)
- You can hear influences of progressive rock, a little bit of disco, punk, new wave, plain good old seventies rock and a lot more! (keysandchords.com)
- Event Horizon channels angular new wave, post-punk and art-rock into what FACT writer Mikey IQ Jones describes in the reissue's liner notes as "damn fine songs for road trips. (factmag.com)
- So, taking tips from Empire of the Sun and Oracular Spectacular -era MGMT, Dahlström and Karlöf now paint their pale faces with tribal stripes to suit Böqvist's circumvention of conventional rock and disco rhythms in favor of complex African syncopations. (spin.com)
- These are exactly the sort of stencilled slogans as song titles, with all the emotional impact of a tabloid headline, which fit perfectly with the remembered rhetoric of the punk rock explosion. (issuu.com)
- Hailing from the picturesque Portland, Oregon, the trio Butter merges infectious energy of neo-disco, indie rock, and a dash of modern hip hop. (ghettoblastermagazine.com)
- 8 rhythms: slow rock + rock + new rock + disco + march + waltz + samba + blues. (ehubproducts.com)
- The tracks on the 1982 soundtrack album are as follows: The song "Yaad Aa Raha Hai" has been described as a synthesized, minimalist, high-tempo, electronic disco song. (wikipedia.org)
- Disco Dancer is a 1982 Indian dance film, written by Rahi Masoom Raza and directed by Babbar Subhash. (wikipedia.org)
- Popular songs include "Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Aaja" sung by Parvati Khan, "I am a Disco Dancer" sung by Vijay Benedict, "Yaad Aa Raha Hai" sung by Lahiri, and "Goro Ki Na Kaalo Ki" sung by Suresh Wadkar with Usha Mangeshkar. (wikipedia.org)
- Disco Dancer was also the highest-grossing foreign film ever in the Soviet Union. (wikipedia.org)
- Disco Dancer established Mithun as a household name across Southern Asia and the Soviet Union. (wikipedia.org)
- The Disco Dancer soundtrack was popular worldwide, particularly in India, the Soviet Union, and China. (wikipedia.org)
- Death Of A Disco Dancer" had some good feedback by Jessie who went to the front stage. (blogspot.com)
- at the Disco, stating that "punctuation was a big deal [in the band], so I just wanted to take the opposite approach and get rid of it all. (wikipedia.org)
- The band followed up with a performance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in February, as well as releasing a new single, a recording of the Beck song, "Debra", which they've played before during live shows. (wikipedia.org)
- Available solo, duo (with drums) or full band. (gigmasters.com)
- Highly Trained Musicians with a large repertoire and great energy the band has the ability to adjust their song list to entertain a wide range of audiences and keep them engaged and on the dance floor. (gigmasters.com)
- Someone in your band wants to play a song and you're uncomfortable within that style. (drummagazine.com)
- Heart of Glass " is a song by the American new wave band Blondie , written by singer Debbie Harry and guitarist Chris Stein . (wikipedia.org)
-  It was only when the band met with producer Mike Chapman to start work on Parallel Lines that Harry recalled Chapman "asked us to play all the songs we had. (wikipedia.org)
-  As a band, Blondie had experimented with disco before, both in the predecessors to "Heart of Glass" and in live cover songs that the band played at shows. (wikipedia.org)
- HOMECOMING features CHAKA KHAN and her 12-piece band performing hit songs from the span of her entire career. (electricfetus.com)
- You know you have been to too many Morrissey shows when you can guess the next song due to the instruments handed to the band. (blogspot.com)
- Morrissey also addressed a fan who was holding up a sign for the song "Southpaw" for about five years that no one in the band knows how to play it. (blogspot.com)
- Drums Over London by the Disco Zombies ( a great "should have been" band whose satire may have been too subtle for the masses. (wpkn.org)
- Sung from the viewpoint of a xenophobic right-winger, many took it as racist and the song found fans among the crowd the band was trying to critique. (wpkn.org)
- alternatively Murph would develop the essence of a song on guitar or piano for the band to collectively flesh out -- a process that had served them so well in the past. (kexp.org)
- The highlight of the song was at the end when the band normally sings together, "Feelin good, good, good about hood", however this time they replaced these lyrics with the chorus from R.E.M. 's It's The End Of The World As We Know It, hinting at the Mayan-predicted apocalypse. (gratefulweb.com)
- at the Disco revisited, this probably isn't the band for you. (theywillrockyou.com)
- We had that in mind when we were writing the songs for this album and keeping it in the vein of being a live band. (theywillrockyou.com)
- The boys in the band had got their hands on a new toy: this little Roland drum machine . (theguardian.com)
- Hij was de man achter de knoppen bij legendarische albums als The Bands 'Stage fright' uit 1970, Badfingers 'Straight up' uit 1971, Het debuut van The New York Dolls uit 1973, Grand Funks 'We're an American band' uit 1973, Hall & Oates 'War babies' uit 1974, Meatloafs 'Bat out of hell' uit 1977 en The Tubes' albums 'Remore control' uit 1979 en 'Love bomb' uit 1985. (keysandchords.com)
- Drum editing is usually the most tedious task during a project when the entire band can t record together live. (netads.com)
- Trebly guitar pushes against a jumpy disco beat on 'Barracuda,' where the band shows off its virtuosic side with sudden stops and starts punctuated by Golden yelling an unprintable (in this paper, anyway) word. (courant.com)
- Opening with a guitar hook over a sampled drum loop, "Nicotine" blossoms into a bouncy full band arrangement before the chorus hits. (ghettoblastermagazine.com)
- There are at least a dozen song types there involving syncopated rhythms, and like in Cuba are a mix of African an European influences. (topdocumentaryfilms.com)
- Jimmy must claim first place for Team India at the International Disco Dancing Competition amidst strong competition from Team Africa (Disco King and Queen) and Team Paris (Disco King and Queen). (wikipedia.org)
- Produced and scored by Pink Floyd collaborator Ron Geesin, Songs For The Gentle Man was recorded at Sound Techniques in Chelsea (where everybody from Fairport Convention to Nick Drake had made albums) and is a far more sophisticated work than its predecessor. (chaindlk.com)
- If you removed the familiar spasms and effects from 'Free for the Girls' and 'For Hoped', they could pass for the output of any number of quirky modern disco producers, such as Headman. (residentadvisor.net)
- According to juanmaclean.com this song describes an illicit love triangle between a man, a woman, and the man's gay robot friend. (neumu.net)
- The evolution of House and Techno, synthetic descendants of seventies Disco and European electronic pop, has been largely driven by the Ecstasy experience. (harikunzru.com)
- Ostensibly a pop-singer, his skillful mastery of dynamics and clever arrangements put him on a par with the pre-glam/pre-disco work of David Bowie (circa Hunky Dory ) or perhaps even later post-folk Donovan. (expose.org)
- As well as providing an alternative to a conventional acoustic drum kit, electronic drums can be incorporated into an acoustic drum kit to supplement it. (middleagedjock.com)
- Trigger pads and drums, on the other hand, when deployed in a conventional set-up, are most commonly used to produce sounds not possible with an acoustic kit, or at least not with what is available. (middleagedjock.com)
- The focus is on songs and the band's original songwriting and instrumental compositions. (cashboxcanada.ca)
- Colors" has racked up 14 million streams and been Shazamed 100K times, and the band's incredible live video of the song went viral with over 7 million views to date. (cashboxcanada.ca)
- Playing a small second drum-kit, otherwise silent Portlandia dude Fred Armisen added a layer of slight roughage to the band's usually airtight repertoire. (villagevoice.com)
- It has been cited as a possible influence on the 1982 prototypical acid house album Synthesizing: Ten Ragas to a Disco Beat by Charanjit Singh. (wikipedia.org)
- The Roland TR-808 drum machine was used extensively during the album production. (wikipedia.org)
- After debuting his new project Blood Orange with a fairly straightforward chillwave/electro-pop album full of hooky, sexy songs that worked like a collection of great singles, Dev Hynes returned with a second album that was anything but straightforward. (allmusic.com)
- Even if one never does truly figure it all out, there is enough graceful melancholy and tuneful sadness on display to make the album a bracing, late-night listen with plenty of songs that will stick around in memory banks and on breakup mixes. (allmusic.com)
- Some of his choices are fairly brilliant, too, like how "Clipped On" is a brilliant mashup of Naughty by Nature and PM Dawn , or how "On the Line" takes the electro-pop of the previous album, feeds it through cheap Casios and too many Seagram's Coolers, then ends up with the most emotionally powerful song on the record. (allmusic.com)
- It's the album that epitomizes disco for better or worse. (theatlantic.com)
- A deeply personal album for bandleader Rob Grote - all of the songs were written in his bedroom as a means of coping with struggles he was facing at the time with no intention of them putting them on a record. (electricfetus.com)
- By 1981, Leer had left behind the gratingly foreboding ambiences of The Bridge , his collaborative album with Robert Rental, and absorbed the mutant disco influence of New York's ZE label. (pitchfork.com)
- Their top class song remains Summer Night City , which unfortunately never appeared on a regular studio album. (peek-a-boo-magazine.be)
- recently took part in DFA Records' mini-documentary, and now they're continuing the label's legacy by releasing a new track called "Dumb Disco Ideas" from a forthcoming album. (totallyfuzzy.net)
- The closing chord of "Dreams" is the saddest of any pop song, and the hymn to cocaine oblivion that is "Gold Dust Woman" is the bleakest end to any '70s album not released by Factory. (uncut.co.uk)
- If locale and history inspired some songs--the poignant, autobiographical album opener "Teenage Rockstars," for instance--collaboration was also key, as McMahon explains: "I used the art of writing with other people in a way that steered me right back to the thing that always inspired me from the beginning, which was sitting behind a piano and forcing myself to look inward and be imaginative. (firstfleetconcerts.com)
- From Upside Down Flowers' album cover-an iconic '60s-'70s SoCal pool scene with twist--inspired jet-set photographer Slim Aarons-the songs and concept are at once fully realized while retaining a vivid sense of both natural and unnatural. (firstfleetconcerts.com)
- Unstoppable Me" will be the second song on the album. (netads.com)
- It will be the first song on the album, beginning the storyline in starry-eyed innocence. (netads.com)
- After playing some of the songs to Impulse Records store owner Roman Panchyshsyn, he agreed release the album on cassette on Contagious Records. (darkentriesrecords.com)
- The only song in English was "London".They followed up in 1983 with the release of their first album titled Miranda, which was released by Gramm. (blogspot.com)
- This record consisted of 13 tracks and even though Tappi Tíkarrass was the less experimenting project of singer Björk, this album outstands with songs like "Kríó" which feature pop melodies, and "Tjet", a song that renders a mellow start and ends with disco references. (blogspot.com)
- This was followed by the debut album from their prodigal son, Tim Land aka Landslide , whose ' Drum+Bossa ' set attracted a whole new audience from the jazz, breakbeat and 2-step scenes. (hospitalrecords.com)
- The song had a slower, funkier sound with a basic disco beat. (wikipedia.org)
- Straight drum machine beat with funky gu. (neosounds.com)
- their most recent record, November 2007's Beat Box , is an icy disco memoriam. (xlr8r.com)
- We are very excited to announce that our song 'Wedded Beat' is on the Series Two Records , Retrospective Compilation, Retro-01. (lagunamusic.us)
- A man sings: Bang to the beat of the drum. (incommunity.it)
- The majority of the songs were original compositions, but two different tracks took familiar classical compositions and "disco-fied" them. (theatlantic.com)
- I often found myself surprised by songs from albums that I had initially blown off as boring, but when tracks came up on shuffle they sounded great. (gloriousnoise.com)
- I ve also done a lot of editing on John Blum s drum tracks. (netads.com)
- Tracks that are more soloing than actual songs get really disorientating. (blogspot.com)
- a drum machine. (electricfetus.com)
- It's a preview in clockwork miniature of the more expansive long-form approach the group would take on the superb Introspective , not a drum machine or keyboard out of place. (freakytrigger.co.uk)
- It was Jimmy who brought in the drum machine and a synthesiser. (theguardian.com)
- Alright Junior put out a five-song EP titled Our Temporary Everything , recorded at Big Blue Meenie Recording Studios ( Rage Against The Machine , INXS , Taking Back Sunday , Thursday , Lifetime ) in Jersey City, NJ. (johnandpeters.com)
- There is so much shadow and strobe-light action that one can barely see what these people look like, but the effect is - like the song itself - cosmic, momentous. (spin.com)
- They also performed their songs "New Invention" and "Kiss Goodnight" for the first time on live television for CBS This Morning's Saturday Sessions. (wikipedia.org)
- I know just playing live for us in general gives us motivation to do the kind of songs we want to write and even more focused on wanting to have it translate better live than songs we've written in the past. (theywillrockyou.com)
- Along with the more obvious electronically generated sounds there are synthesized human voices or song parts or even movie audio or digital video/pictures that (depending on device used) can also be played/triggered by electronic drums. (middleagedjock.com)
- unashamed Bouncy pop songs. (blogspot.com)
- But it's got everything else on too (except drums). (freakytrigger.co.uk)
- Featuring no less than 16 sweet song kits plus one dedicated folder of crackling vinyl effects, this super retro Soul sample pack is supplied in highly refined 24-bit high definition sound quality and you drag each track from your download folder and drop it straight into your DAW! (primeloops.com)
- With the "space disco" sound that he's perfected slow but insistent tempos, analog keyboards, wild dub f/x and phased-out percussive breaks now coming into vogue, Norway's Hans-Peter Lindstrom is everywhere these days, from remixes (including Freeform Five and the Juan Maclean) and collaborations with fellow Norwegian Prins Thomas to solo releases on his own Feedelity label. (neumu.net)
- Although the song eventually became its own thing, at first he wanted it to sound like a Kraftwerk number. (theguardian.com)
- sound quality is poor, but that's sorta the point - just get it on tape before we forget how to play the damn song. (kittyjoyce.com)
- They incorporate shamanic instruments as well as violin, accordion, a wide variety of drums and more for a spacy yet extreme sound. (altpress.com)
- Dog Fashion Disco are hard to pinpoint into a certain sound or movement, similarly to how Mike Patton's Mr. Bungle don't really fit into any specific category. (altpress.com)
- UE Nastasi mastered the song at Sterling Sound in NYC. (johnandpeters.com)
- Night on The Town" is an absurd disco raver performed entirely acappella (complete with beatboxing) that's as funny as it is funky. (blogspot.com)
- The song itself was more typically Byrne, a ballad in Caetano Veloso mode, lush chords and a melody cleverly knotted to accommodate tons of words - and, one night only, Georgia Hubley adding an empathetic sweetness to the chorus. (villagevoice.com)
- The songs that work the best are the most focused, like "You're Not Good Enough," the jumping Afro-pop disco jam "Uncle ACE, and "Always Let You Down," where Hynes doesn't let the soft focus arrangements get in the way of the melodies. (allmusic.com)
- All her melodies and harmonies shimmer with a lysergic, iridescent timbral thizz, radiating in rainbows and pink/blue hues on the back of your eyelids (because we almost guarantee you will be lulled to eyes shut, half-mast or rollin in backa skull by the end of 2nd song). (boomkat.com)
- Upside Down Flowers' 11 songs began in McMahon's Orange County, California home studio, amidst the nostalgia of the neighborhood where the songwriter lived with his family as a teen. (firstfleetconcerts.com)
- Between these highlights and the remainder, Shadow continually switches it up with trap gospel and despondent disco at the extremes and window-rattling drums a near constant. (allmusic.com)
- As eclectic as he is talented, Person has recorded everything from disco and gospel to pop and R&B, in addition to his trademark, soulful hard bop. (utdallas.edu)
- a smooth mix of long single disco records to keep people "dancing all night long. (artandpopularculture.com)
- If you call, don't forget to include your first name, where you're calling from, the title and artist of the song you'd like to hear, and maybe a few words about why you love the track. (wpkn.org)
- The Los Angeles based five-piece has spent the past two years writing and recording their most visceral and cathartic songs to date, all while experiencing and bearing witness to a great deal of change, trauma, and growth. (electricfetus.com)
- With this latest release they have perfectly captured what makes a great pop song, while maintaining the rootsy truth that they have churned out from the beginning. (gloriousnoise.com)
- Choosing between the blonde Agnetha or redhead Anna-Frid was difficult, choosing a favorite LP by them is difficult too, as they made so many great songs. (peek-a-boo-magazine.be)
- that last one is an excellent Elliott Smith song that shows off how great a songwriter Smith was, and what a fine singer Peyroux is. (blogs.com)
- Regards they are great songs. (blogspot.com)
- When manager David Brown (Om Puri) is fed up with the tantrums of current Indian disco champion Sam (Karan Razdan) and looks for some new talent, he happens to see Anil dance-walking across a street. (wikipedia.org)
- The song "Cerrone's Paradise" by Cerrone was used in the scene when David Brown discovers Anil who is dance-walking down a street. (wikipedia.org)
- A Fifth of Beethoven" took the well-known Beethoven's Fifth symphony, sped it up, adding a thumping drum track and and turned into a #1 dance track. (theatlantic.com)
- You know those Arcade Fire songs that start slow, then end in some kind of disco-dance number? (indiemusicfilter.com)
- Playing it in a set with Ping's first close-harmony country song and Ping's first dance song should be a riot. (netads.com)
- 2) Genesis has more songs that are better than Taking it All Too Hard , but dismayingly many songs that are worse. (blogs.com)
- a melancholic instrumental love-song demonstrating Ghiorgis' elegant dexterity in binding themes from his homeland with a jazzy freedom of expression and more westernised pop concision. (boomkat.com)
- On some occasions, the producer Mike Chapman has stated that he convinced Harry and Stein to give the song a disco twist. (wikipedia.org)
- I don't think they remember the years when Morrissey wouldn't even play Smiths songs. (blogspot.com)
- Seaman performed drums on the record, which led to Weekes proposing the idea to present it as a duo. (wikipedia.org)
- If you set out listening to Milk Famous simply for its use of stereo spacing and post-production treatment, it's as satisfying a record as you'll hear in 2012, every normally acoustic instrument triggering so many extraneous textures, you'd think they secretly longed to be Disco Inferno . (pitchfork.com)
- In my opinion, this is the most solid record they've put out since Fight Songs . (gloriousnoise.com)
- This record features two discs worth of songs from two less remembered women of the vaudeville blues era. (gloriousnoise.com)
- Every time I record a song, I wonder if [it 's] going to be the last," says Jewel. (xlr8r.com)
- Songs from the record ( Up In Flames , Mouths of a Herd , and Sinner of the State ) received immediate radio airplay locally and beyond. (johnandpeters.com)
- Finally, by 1998 record label Spor released Nælur, another compilation which contained the songs "Iltí Ební" and "London", both of them taken from Bítið Fast í Vítið. (blogspot.com)
- Given an Important Song to sing, he picks his way through the tune like he's too big for it, a laddish King Kong doing his best not to hurt something frail and precious. (freakytrigger.co.uk)
- 1) My favorite Heart tune is Sylvan Song . (blogs.com)
- The two songs were too similar, and I decided that I m Gonna Be Like That was lyric-driven while Moan was more dependent upon the tune. (netads.com)
- In a 2009 YouTube clip , the Dora Steins perform a folky version of the tune, and even without drums, it already sounds like a standard: Starting with a whisper, Dahlström builds to a bluesy roar, absent from her previous ventures, as she rocks to an imaginary drum implied by the lyric's wish to disappear under blinding disco lights after hitting love's dead end. (spin.com)