A butyrophenone with general properties similar to those of HALOPERIDOL. It is used in conjunction with an opioid analgesic such as FENTANYL to maintain the patient in a calm state of neuroleptanalgesia with indifference to surroundings but still able to cooperate with the surgeon. It is also used as a premedicant, as an antiemetic, and for the control of agitation in acute psychoses. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 29th ed, p593)
Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Antagonists
Receptors, Serotonin, 5-HT3
Neurokinin-1 Receptor Antagonists
An inorganic and water-soluble platinum complex. After undergoing hydrolysis, it reacts with DNA to produce both intra and interstrand crosslinks. These crosslinks appear to impair replication and transcription of DNA. The cytotoxicity of cisplatin correlates with cellular arrest in the G2 phase of the cell cycle.
Drug Therapy, Combination
Ambulatory Surgical Procedures
Misalignment of the visual axes of the eyes. In comitant strabismus the degree of ocular misalignment does not vary with the direction of gaze. In noncomitant strabismus the degree of misalignment varies depending on direction of gaze or which eye is fixating on the target. (Miller, Walsh & Hoyt's Clinical Neuro-Ophthalmology, 4th ed, p641)
Drugs, Chinese Herbal
Pregnancy Tests, Immunologic
Chorionic Gonadotropin, beta Subunit, Human
The beta subunit of human CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN. Its structure is similar to the beta subunit of LUTEINIZING HORMONE, except for the additional 30 amino acids at the carboxy end with the associated carbohydrate residues. HCG-beta is used as a diagnostic marker for early detection of pregnancy, spontaneous abortion (ABORTION, SPONTANEOUS); ECTOPIC PREGNANCY; HYDATIDIFORM MOLE; CHORIOCARCINOMA; or DOWN SYNDROME.
A gonadotropic glycoprotein hormone produced primarily by the PLACENTA. Similar to the pituitary LUTEINIZING HORMONE in structure and function, chorionic gonadotropin is involved in maintaining the CORPUS LUTEUM during pregnancy. CG consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is virtually identical to the alpha subunits of the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH, and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity (CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN, BETA SUBUNIT, HUMAN).
A primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. The disease is often progressive and fatal. It is characterized by impaired control over drinking, preoccupation with the drug alcohol, use of alcohol despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking, most notably denial. Each of these symptoms may be continuous or periodic. (Morse & Flavin for the Joint Commission of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and the American Society of Addiction Medicine to Study the Definition and Criteria for the Diagnosis of Alcoholism: in JAMA 1992;268:1012-4)
Liver Cirrhosis, Alcoholic
Liver Diseases, Alcoholic
A state in western Australia. Its capital is Perth. It was first visited by the Dutch in 1616 but the English took possession in 1791 and permanent colonization began in 1829. It was a penal settlement 1850-1888, became part of the colonial government in 1886, and was granted self government in 1890. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1329)
Muth ER, Elkins AN (July 2007). "High dose ondansetron for reducing motion sickness in highly susceptible subjects". Aviat ... Ondansetron was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 1991, and has since become available in several other ... Ondansetron is a racemate but the stereochemistry of the asymmetric carbon atom is not an important factor in the 5-HT3 ... As of 2008, ondansetron and granisetron are the only 5-HT3 antagonists available as a generic drug in the United States. ...
Rostral ventromedial medulla
Also, low doses of SP and intrathecal muscimol increased the expression of phosphorylated NR1 subunits of NMDA receptors. ... SB-269970 and ondansetron were then tested for their efficacy in reducing nociceptive responses. Allodynia and hyperalgesia ... Spinal ondansetron also reversed allodynia and hyperalgesia caused by a peripheral nerve injury. Taken together, these findings ... Based on previous experiments, a 5-HT3 antagonist, ondansetron, and a 5-HT7 antagonist, SB-269,970, were chosen to study. ...
Postoperative nausea and vomiting
Adverse effects are dose-dependent and include sedation and extrapyramidal symptoms. Medications include promethazine and ... Adverse effects include prolongation of the QT interval on electrocardiogram (EKG). Medications include ondansetron, ... Serotonin (5-HT3) receptor antagonists can be administered as a single dose at the end of surgery. ... and that dexamethasone and ondansetron (a commonly used combination) are two of the most effective anti-emetics for PONV. The ...
It is also an effective anxiolytic in both animal studies and human trials, although with some side effects at higher doses. ... Ondansetron Bemesetron Granisetron Ricasetron Tropanserin Tropisetron Cohen ML, Bloomquist W, Gidda JS, Lacefield W (July 1990 ...
Ondansetron has some utility, with a single dose being associated with less need for intravenous fluids, fewer hospitalizations ... taking a single dose of the anti vomiting medication metoclopramide or ondansetron, may be helpful, and butylscopolamine is ... The first dose of vaccine should be given to infants between 6 and 15 weeks of age. The oral cholera vaccine has been found to ... "Ondansetron". Lexi-Comp. May 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-06-06. Traa BS, Walker CL, Munos M, Black RE (April 2010 ...
Single-dose parenteral pharmacological interventions for the prevention of postoperative shivering - A quantitative systematic ... Comparison of vestipitant with ondansetron for the treatment of breakthrough postoperative nausea and vomiting after failed ... prophylaxis with ondansetron. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2015; Mar;114(3):423-9 P. Kranke, L. H. Eberhart, N. Roewer, M. R ...
QT prolongation is a dose-related effect, and it appears that droperidol is not a significant risk in low doses. A study in ... Domino KB, Anderson EA, Polissar NL, Posner KL (June 1999). "Comparative efficacy and safety of ondansetron, droperidol, and ... It has also been used as an antipsychotic in doses ranging from 5 to 10 mg given as an intramuscular injection, generally in ... The evidence for this is disputed, with 9 reported cases of torsades in 30 years and all of those having received doses in ...
NMDA antagonists replicate some of the so-called "negative" symptoms like thought disorder in subanesthetic doses (doses ... reported moderately successful use of ondansetron, a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, in the treatment of levodopa psychosis in ... Prolonged or high dose use of psychostimulants can alter normal functioning, making it similar to the manic phase of bipolar ... Importantly, the relationship between traumatic life events and psychotic symptoms appears to be dose-dependent in which ...
... ondansetron, granisetron, etc.) in combination with corticosteroids. Aprepitant combined with ondansetron and dexamethasone has ... The dose should be reduced when the person's kidney function is impaired. Adequate hydration is used in an effort to prevent ... Nephrotoxicity is a dose-limiting side effect. Neurotoxicity (nerve damage) can be anticipated by performing nerve conduction ... However, NHE-1 inhibition has been found to be both dose-dependent (half-inhibition = 30 μg/mL) and reversible. Nausea and ...
... or equivalent glucocorticoid dose may be substituted if dexamethasone unavailable. Equivalent total daily doses of alternative ... The combination of dexamethasone and a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist such as ondansetron is more effective than a 5-HT3 receptor ... A single dose of dexamethasone or another steroid speeds improvement of a sore throat. Contraindications of dexamethasone ... Roila F, Ballatori E, Ruggeri B, DeAngelis V (May 2000). "Dexamethasone alone or in combination with ondansetron for the ...
One dose usually lasts 4 to 9 hours and is usually administered once or twice daily. This drug is removed from the body by the ... It may be used for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting and appears to work about the same as ondansetron. The most common ... ondansetron or cyclizine. The granisetron patch (Sancuso) has been studied for use in gastroparesis, though it is not FDA ...
History of cancer chemotherapy
... was unbearable at higher doses. The development of new drugs to prevent nausea (the prototype of which was ondansetron) was of ... April 1981). "High-dose methotrexate in osteogenic sarcoma". Natl Cancer Inst Monogr (56): 201-6. PMID 6975438. Corbin AS, ... The proven curative benefits of high doses of chemotherapy afforded by autologous bone marrow rescue are limited to both ... Despite showing promise in preclinical studies, the agent had little antitumour activity in early clinical trials, and dosing ...
... is given in 1 or 2 mg doses multiple times a day up to a total of 6 mg. It is completely absorbed from oral ... conducted before the development of modern 5-HT3 antagonist anti-emetics such as ondansetron, revealed that patients taking ... In one study of current daily users of cannabis, oral nabilone at 4, 6, and 8 mg produced sustained and dose-dependent mood ... Wissel J, Haydn T, Müller J, Brenneis C, Berger T, Poewe W, Schelosky LD (October 2006). "Low dose treatment with the synthetic ...
This is achieved by not giving a full dose but giving this in small doses until the respiratory rate has improved. An infusion ... Stronger antiemetics such as ondansetron or tropisetron are sometimes used when nausea is severe or continuous and disturbing, ... requiring careful dose titration and often being poorly effective at doses low enough to allow analgesia to be maintained. ... Given a dose of an opioid, an equianalgesic table is used to find the equivalent dosage of another. Such tables are used in ...
The patient presses a button to activate a syringe device and receive a preset dose or "bolus" of the drug, usually a strong ... Anaesthesiologists may administer an antiemetic agent such as ondansetron, droperidol, or dexamethasone to prevent ... Melatonin premedication also reduces the required induction dose of propofol and sodium thiopental. Another example of ...
Antiemetics AS-8112 Granisetron Ondansetron Tropisetron Gastroprokinetics Alosetron Batanopride Metoclopramide (high doses) ...
As such, single doses of injectable ondansetron should not exceed 16 mg at one time. (Oral dosing recommendations remain intact ... Ondansetron is in pregnancy category B in the US. It is not known if ondansetron is excreted in breast milk. Ondansetron is one ... The maximum recommended dose for people with severe liver function impairment is 8 mg/day. In these people, ondansetron is ... Ondansetron was found to be as effective as pethidine (meperidine, Demerol) when given as a single intravenous dose before ...
At present, no known pharmaceuticals are known to appreciably inhibit PMAT at normal therapeutic doses. The PMAT also ... such as ondansetron, granisetron, and tropisetron, are important antiemetic agents. They are particularly important in treating ... Treatment for hyperprolactinemia requires lower doses than that for Parkinson's Disease, diminishing the risk of valvular heart ... such as an SSRI with a MAOI which may occur in therapeutic doses The intensity of the symptoms of serotonin syndrome vary over ...
ISBN 978-0-444-50763-1. Pae C-U (2006). "Low-dose mirtazapine may be successful treatment option for severe nausea and vomiting ... is given at the onset of anesthesia and has been shown in recent trials to be as effective as ondansetron, but most effective ... Grunberg, S. M. (1 February 2007). "Antiemetic activity of corticosteroids in patients receiving cancer chemotherapy: dosing, ... is given in low dose at the onset of a general anesthetic as an effective antiemetic. It is also used in chemotherapy as a ...
Only one dose per 24 hours or no more than eight doses per month is recommended. It should be stopped after eight weeks if ... The use of anti-nausea medications (e.g. ondansetron) prior to administration of bremelanotide may help to reduce the nausea. ... A phase II dose-finding trial in FSD in which the drug was administered 45 minutes before sex showed promise at the highest ... It may also cause a temporary increase in blood pressure and decrease in heart rate after each dose, and darkening of the gums ...
Dolasetron - Википедија, слободна енциклопедија
Walker B (2001). „Efficacy of single-dose intravenous dolasetron versus ondansetron in the prevention of postoperative nausea ... Ondansetron • Palonosetron • Ramosetron • Renzaprid • Tropisetron • Zacoprid • Zatosetron; Atipični antipsihotici: Klozapin • ...
Therapeutic doses may cause a feeling of artificial well-being ("steroid euphoria"). The neuropsychiatric effects are partly ... Corticosteroids are also used supportively to prevent nausea, often in combination with 5-HT3 antagonists (e.g. ondansetron). ... Therapeutically, the bulk of corticosteroid dose is given in the morning to mimic the body's diurnal rhythm; if given at night ... While the evidence for corticosteroids causing peptic ulceration is relatively poor except for high doses taken for over a ...
Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
It has also been shown to increase the activity of the 5-HT3 receptor antagonists ondansetron and the corticosteroid ... Pharmaceutical treatment is generally separated into two types: prophylactic (preventative) treatment, given before the dose of ... and ondansetron (Zofran). Their antiemetic effect due to blockade of 5HT3 receptor on vagal afferent in the gut. in addition ... plus a 5HT3 antagonist and a corticosteroid in patients receiving anthracyclines or cyclophosphamide in addition to high-dose ...
... symptoms like thought disorder in subanesthetic doses (doses insufficient to induce anesthesia), and catatonia in high doses. ... reported moderately successful use of ondansetron, a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, in the treatment of levodopa psychosis in ... Prolonged or high dose use of psychostimulants can alter normal functioning, making it similar to the manic phase of bipolar ... Zoldan J, Friedberg G, Livneh M, Melamed E (July 1995). "Psychosis in advanced Parkinson's disease: treatment with ondansetron ...
Skopolamin - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
May 1979). »Drugs and human memory: effects of low doses of nitrazepam and hyoscine on retention.«. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 7 (5 ... White PF, Tang J, Song D, et al (2007). »Transdermal scopolamine: an alternative to ondansetron and droperidol for the ...
The higher the dose used, the greater the duration of use, and the earlier age use began are predictive of worsened physical ... which can be treated with loperamide and ondansetron respectively) associated with acute opioid withdrawal, especially in ... December 1990). "Low-dose caffeine physical dependence in humans". J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 255 (3): 1123-32. PMID 2262896. ... Physical dependence is usually managed by a slow dose reduction over a period of weeks, months or sometimes longer depending on ...
Torsades de pointes
The anti-emetic agent ondansetron may also increase the risk of developing TdP. It has also been shown as a side effect of ... although the dose preceding this particular cardiac event was well beyond the therapeutic range of the medication. In addition ...
At therapeutic doses, the adverse effects of amphetamine do not impede athletic performance; however, at much higher doses, ... ondansetron, prometa, riluzole, atomoxetine, dextroamphetamine, and modafinil. A 2018 systematic review and network meta- ... However, high amphetamine doses that are above the therapeutic range can interfere with working memory and other aspects of ... However, large doses of amphetamine may indirectly cause dopaminergic neurotoxicity as a result of hyperpyrexia, the excessive ...
Some brands sold over-the-counter were found to contain more yohimbine per serving than a standard pharmaceutical dose;:368 ... Twenty commercial aphrodisiac preparations were analysed and the amount of yohimbine measured and expressed as the maximal dose ... has been found to overlap with prescription doses of yohimbine. ...
The risks are dose-dependent, and appear to be greatest with high/very high doses via intravenous administration and in the ... domperidone does not appear to be strongly associated with QT prolongation at oral doses of 20 mg QID in healthy volunteers. ... A single 20 mg oral dose of domperidone has been found to increase mean serum prolactin levels (measured 90 minutes post- ... in elderly people and in high doses (, 30 mg per day). A clinical sign of domperidone's potential toxicity to the heart is ...
Lethal dose or concentration (LD, LC): LD50 (median dose). 9600 mg/kg (oral, rat). 6000 mg/kg (oral, mouse). 5660 mg/kg (oral, ...
Cheng, M; Hu, Z; Lu, X; Huang, J; Gu, D (April 2014). "Caffeine intake and atrial fibrillation incidence: dose response meta- ... ondansetron, and antipsychotics. This form of atrial fibrillation occurs in people of all ages but is most common in the ...
Alexander Shulgin reported it to be stoning in high doses. Most frequently consumed orally, recreational doses of MDEA are ... Shulgin briefly mentioned a colleague's report of no effect from the substance with a 100 mg dose. Shulgin later ...
Ondansetron • Palonosetron • Ramosetron • Renzaprid • Tropisetron • Zacoprid • Zatosetron; Atipični antipsihotici: Klozapin • ... Pharmacokinetics of ergotamine in healthy volunteers following oral and rectal dosing. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1983; 30: 331-4. ...
Dosing regimen. Drug. Standard [R]-CHOP-14 or [R]-CHOP-21. [R]-Maxi-CHOP. Mode. Days ... such as ondansetron), and hemorrhagic cystitis is prevented with administration of mesna. Alopecia (hair loss) is common. ... Doses in that regimen were increased from cycle to cycle. This regimen was called [R]-MegaCHOEP. But again, such escalation ... R-Maxi-CHOP is used in mantle cell lymphoma and is given in 21-day intervals, alternating with R-HDAC (rituximab + high-dose ...
... with an active dose of some 20-30 mg (as compared to 2-5 mg for DOPR). ...
... has also been found to increase the analgesic effects of opioid drugs in a dose-dependent manner, in contrast to 5- ...
Therapeutic doses may cause a feeling of artificial well-being ("steroid euphoria"). The neuropsychiatric effects are ... Corticosteroids are also used supportively to prevent nausea, often in combination with 5-HT3 antagonists (e.g. ondansetron). ... Therapeutically, the bulk of corticosteroid dose is given in the morning to mimic the body's diurnal rhythm; if given at night ... While the evidence for corticosteroids causing peptic ulceration is relatively poor except for high doses taken for over a ...
WHO Model List of Essential Medicines
Fixed-dose combinations. *Abacavir/lamivudine. *Dolutegravir/lamivudine/tenofovir (dolutegravir + lamivudine + tenofovir) ... Ondansetron. *Senna. Antiallergics and medicines used in anaphylaxis. *Dexamethasone. *Epinephrine (adrenaline) ... Also listed for single-dose treatment of trachoma and yaws. *^ Third-generation cephalosporin of choice for use in hospitalized ... Other combinations that deliver the target doses required such as 153 mg or 200 mg (as hydrochloride) with 50 mg artesunate can ...
All confirmed fatalities involving 2C-T drugs involve high doses taken by the nasal route or dangerous combinations with ...
Receptor de serotonina, la enciclopedia libre
Monti JM, Jantos H (1992). «Dose-dependent effects of the 5-HT1A receptor agonist 8-OH-DPAT on sleep and wakefulness in the rat ... Tomkins DM, Higgins GA, Sellers EM (1994). «Low doses of the 5-HT1A agonist 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)-tetralin (8-OH DPAT ...
A large fraction of the active substance is excreted unchanged (about 60% of the administered dose in urine and at least 6% in ... Prucalopride is rapidly absorbed (Cmax attained 2-3 hours after single 2 mg oral dose) and is extensively distributed. ...
... has similar efficacy as a standard dose of sumatriptan, another triptan drug, and fewer adverse effects. ... Larger doses seem to slightly increase blood pressure but not beyond clinical relevance. ... Almotriptan has linear pharmacokinetics up to the 16-fold standard dose. Its biological half-life is 3 hours, and its ... Almotriptan clearance is moderately reduced in the elderly but does not require dose adjustment. Sex does not alter the ...
According to Shulgin, the duration of 2C-E's effects is generally between six and ten hours for an average dose, with the ...
Pratélan Usada Pokok Modhèl WHO
Only listed for single‐dose treatment of uncomplicated ano‐genital gonorrhoea *↑ Do not administer with calcium and avoid in ... Ondansetron. Usada antiinflamasi[besut , besut sumber]. *Sulfasalazine. *Hydrocortisoneα. Laksatif[besut , besut sumber]. * ... Other combinations that deliver the target doses required such as 153 mg or 200 mg (as hydrochloride) with 50 mg artesunate can ... Only listed for single‐dose treatment of genital Chlamydia trachomatis and of trachoma ...
After long-term use of dopamine agonists, a withdrawal syndrome may occur during dose reduction or discontinuation with the ... Pulmonary fibrosis has been reported when bromocriptine was used in high doses for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. ...
Nitroglycerine tablets are an example, the anti-emetic ondansetron is another.. *Sublingual strips-similar to tablets in that ... Metered-dose inhaler (MDI). Gas. *Oxygen mask and Nasal cannula. *Oxygen concentrator ...
... ondansetron, granisetron, etc.) in combination with corticosteroids. Aprepitant combined with ondansetron and dexamethasone has ... The dose is reduced when the patient's creatinine clearance (a measure of renal function) is reduced. Adequate hydration and ... However, NHE-1 inhibition has been found to be both dose-dependent (half-inhibition = 30 µg/mL) and reversible. ... been shown to be better for highly emetogenic chemotherapy than just ondansetron and dexamethasone. ...
Cui R, Suemaru K, Li B, Kohnomi S, Araki H (May 2009). "Tropisetron attenuates naloxone-induced place aversion in single-dose ... Ondansetron • Palonosetron • Ramosetron • Renzaprid • Tropisetron • Zacoprid • Zatosetron; Atipični antipsihotici: Klozapin • ...
Seeman P, Lee T, Chau-Wong M, Wong K (June 1976). "Antipsychotic drug doses and neuroleptic/dopamine receptors". Nature. 261 ( ...
DOB is one of the most potent compounds in PiHKAL; while the active dose is similar to that of DOI, another psychedelic ... The toxicity of DOB is not fully known, although high doses may cause serious vasoconstriction of the extremities. ...
In addition, it represses nociception at high doses, but enhances nociception at small doses (0.2 micrograms/kg). Repinotan ... Infusion rates of up to 150 microg/h are well received. Repinotan's optimal dose is 1.25 mg/day. ... In addition, repinotan's volume of distribution at steady-state and plasma clearance are independent of dose. This is ... Heinig, R; Böttcher, MF (2005). "Pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of intravenous repinotan in healthy male volunteers". ...
... and tandospirone but required a lower pharmacologic dose to produce beneficial effects. Osemozotan showed dose-dependent ... was shown to have increased duration of pharmacologic effects compared to azapirones and requires a substantially lower dose to ...
... with a suitable active dose possibly being around 15-25 mg. Subsequent testing, however, has found that it is not as ...
... was patented in 1991 and came into medical use in 1998. It is available as a generic medication. A dose in ... Use is not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not recommended within 24 hours after taking a dose. ...
Ondansetron dosing in pediatric gastroenteritis: a prospective cohort, dose-response study | Lurie Children's
CONCLUSIONS: Within the dose range of 0.13-0.26 mg/kg, higher doses of ondansetron were not superior to lower doses, nor were ... Ondansetron dosing in pediatric gastroenteritis: a prospective cohort, dose-response study. Freedman, S. B.; Powell, E. C.; ... Research InnovationPublications Ondansetron dosing in pediatric gastroenteritis: a prospective cohort, dose-response study ... the optimal dose is unknown. OBJECTIVE: To determine if higher doses of oral ondansetron are associated with greater efficacy ...
Ondansetron (Oral Route, Oromucosal Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic
Missed Dose If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose ... Do not double doses.. If you miss a dose of this medicine, and you feel nauseated or you vomit, take the missed dose as soon as ... The 4-mg dose is taken again 4 and 8 hours after the first dose. Then, the dose is 4 mg every 8 hours for 1 to 2 days. ... The 8-mg dose is taken again 8 hours after the first dose. Then, the dose is 8 mg every 12 hours for 1 to 2 days. ...
Ondansetron: MedlinePlus Drug Information
Ondansetron: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus ... Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and ... The first dose of ondansetron is usually taken 30 minutes before the start of chemotherapy, 1 to 2 hours before the start of ... Before taking ondansetron,. *tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to ondansetron, alosetron (Lotronex), ...
DailyMed - ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE- ondansetron hydrochloride solution
Four and 8 mg doses of ondansetron oral solution are bioequivalent to corresponding doses of ondansetron tablets and may be ... Ondansetron 8 mg b.i.d. Ondansetron Tablets*. Placebo p Value. * The first dose was administered 30 minutes before the start of ... with a subsequent dose 8 hours after the first dose. 10 mL (2 teaspoonfuls equivalent to 8 mg of ondansetron) of Ondansetron ... with subsequent doses 4 and 8 hours after the first dose. 5 mL (1 teaspoonful equivalent to 4 mg of ondansetron) of Ondansetron ...
Ondansetron contraindications, cautions, pregnancy and breastfeeding information
... including who may need a lower ondansetron dose or extra monitoring and if ondansetron is safe in pregnancy ... What should I know before taking ondansetron?. Find out who shouldnt take ondansetron, who might need a lower dose or extra ... Can I take other medicines with ondansetron?. Does ondansetron make you sleepy?. No. Ondansetron doesnt cause drowsiness, ... Who may need a lower ondansetron dose or extra monitoring?. *People who are allergic to other 5HT3 antagonist medicines, such ...
Food Study of Ondansetron Tablets 24 mg and Zofran® Tablets 24 mg - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Single-Dose Food In Vivo Bioequivalence Study of Ondansetron Tablets (24 mg; Mylan) and Zofran® Tablets (24 mg; GSK) in Healthy ... If dosing is scheduled on Sunday or Monday, the HCG pregnancy test should be given within 48 hours prior to dosing of each ... Food Study of Ondansetron Tablets 24 mg and Zofran® Tablets 24 mg. This study has been completed. ... Donation or loss of a significant volume of blood or plasma (, 424 mL) within 28 days prior to the initial dose of study ...
Ondansetron for reduction of drinking among biologically predisposed alcoholic patients: A randomized controlled trial
Our results suggest that ondansetron (particularly the 4 microg/kg twice per day dosage) is an effective treatment for patients ... Ondansetron for reduction of drinking among biologically predisposed alcoholic patients: A randomized controlled trial JAMA. ... Results: Patients with early-onset alcoholism who received ondansetron (1, 4, and 16 microg/kg twice per day) compared with ... Conclusion: Our results suggest that ondansetron (particularly the 4 microg/kg twice per day dosage) is an effective treatment ...
These highlights do not include all the information needed to use ONDANSETRON safely and effectively. See full prescribing...
Patients received the first dose of ondansetron or metoclopramide 30 minutes before cisplatin. Two additional ondansetron doses ... intravenous dose of ondansetron 4 mg, administration of a second intravenous dose of ondansetron 4 mg postoperatively does not ... Ondansetron injection (0.15-mg/kg x 3 doses) was compared with metoclopramide (2 mg/kg x 6 doses) in a single-blind trial in ... In a dose- proportionality trial, systemic exposure to 32 mg of ondansetron was not proportional to dose as measured by ...
Ondansetron Iv Dose | Buy Medication Online
ondansetron 4mg high bfnently irregular. it is generally fuller and harder than in health. the ... ondansetron iv dose. the standard imposed therein has repeatedly been urged upon the. ... can i take ondansetron odt 4 mg while pregnant. 21. ondansetron side effects on pregnancy. condition is seen in acute ... max dose of iv zofran in 24 hours. gritty and cretaceous and sometimes forms compact stony calculi. ...
Dose Of Ondansetron In Pregnancy | Zofran
Ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet usp 4 mg side effects: 54. extirpation of the uterus. - this operation has been ... ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet 4mg dosage. 22. dose of ondansetron in pregnancy. would thus be as follows: Zoology 1 ... risks of taking ondansetron while pregnant. 14. ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet usp 4 mg side effects. the secondary ... can i get ondansetron over the counter. 26. zofran wafers safe in pregnancy. will be no danger. Never eat raw smoked ham, for ...
Can I give ondansetron to my five year old with gastritis (frequent vomits)?
... ondansetron - Answer: It can be used for children, but you should not give your child ... ... He would need a different dose.. Try giving him sips of schweppes ginger ale, ginger root helps nausea, about every 15 min. ... Can I give ondansetron to my.... Can I give ondansetron to my five year old with gastritis (frequent vomits)?. Asked. 1 Jun ... Side Effects of Ondansetron (detailed). Search for questions. Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask ...
Dronabinol Versus Standard Ondansetron Antiemetic Therapy in Preventing Delayed-Onset Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting ...
oxaliplatin at doses employed for treatment of colon cancer, or. *the combination of AC [AdriamycinÒ (60 mg/m2) with ... Parallel-Group Efficacy Study of Oral Dronabinol Alone and in Combination With Ondansetron Versus Ondansetron Alone in Subjects ... Dronabinol Versus Standard Ondansetron Antiemetic Therapy in Preventing Delayed-Onset Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting ... Dronabinol Versus Standard Ondansetron Antiemetic Therapy in Preventing Delayed-Onset Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting ...
Dronabinol Versus Standard Ondansetron Antiemetic Therapy in Preventing Delayed-Onset Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting ...
oxaliplatin at doses employed for treatment of colon cancer, or. *the combination of AC [AdriamycinÒ (60 mg/m2) with ... Parallel-Group Efficacy Study of Oral Dronabinol Alone and in Combination With Ondansetron Versus Ondansetron Alone in Subjects ... Ondansetron. Dronabinol. Antiemetics. Autonomic Agents. Peripheral Nervous System Agents. Physiological Effects of Drugs. ... Dronabinol Versus Standard Ondansetron Antiemetic Therapy in Preventing Delayed-Onset Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting ...
Ondansetron | Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More
Ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by certain medical treatments. This ... Typical dosage: 8 mg starting 1-2 hours before radiation, followed by 8-mg doses every 8 hours after that first dose. Continue ... Taking these drugs with ondansetron can make ondansetron less effective. This is because the amount of ondansetron in your body ... What is ondansetron?. Ondansetron is a prescription drug. It comes in four forms that you take by mouth: a tablet, a ...
Ondansetron 2mg/ml Solution for Injection or Infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc)
Ondansetron 2mg/ml Solution for Injection or Infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) by Aurobindo Pharma - ... Weight-based dosing results in higher total daily doses compared to BSA-based dosing - see sections 4.4 and 5.1. Ondansetron ... single-arm study investigated the efficacy of one intravenous dose of 0.15 mg/Kg ondansetron followed by two ondansetron doses ... Dosing by BSA:. Ondansetron should be administered immediately before chemotherapy as a single intravenous dose of 5 mg/m2. The ...
Ondansetron Safety Alerts, Recalls & Warnings - Drugs.com
FDA safety notices may be specifically about ondansetron or relate to a group or class of drugs which include ondansetron. ... The new information does not change any of the recommended oral dosing regimens for ondansetron, including the single oral dose ... It also does not change the recommended lower dose intravenous dosing of ondansetron to prevent post-operative nausea and ... a dose of 0.15 mg/kg administered every 4 hours for three doses; however, no single intravenous dose should exceed 16 mg. ...
Ondansetron Hcl 4mg Side Effects - Ondansetron Dose Mg/kg
Ondansetron Hcl 4mg Tabs - Dose Of Zofran In Pregnancy
Ondansetron hcl 4mg tabs: stetrics diseases of women and children diseases of the. zofran pill dosage concerning classification ... This fever of, ondansetron odt vs zofran, is ondansetron hcl 4 mg safe during pregnancy, fda warns against zofran during ... dose of zofran in pregnancy, ondansetron 8mg odt tablet, ated hospitals. He is also supplied with a laboratory outfit which, ... ondansetron odt 4 mg for dogs, been only meagrely treated. The disease is therefore, ondansetron 4mg/5ml solution dosage, ...
Phase III trial of AD 04 (ultra-low dose ondansetron) for alcohol use disorder (first phase III trial). - AdisInsight
This phase III trial will investigate the efficacy and tolerability of ultra-low dose ondansetron [AD 04] in patients with ... Phase III trial of AD 04 (ultra-low dose ondansetron) for alcohol use disorder (first phase III trial). Next Previous ... Phase III trial of AD 04 (ultra-low dose ondansetron) for alcohol use disorder (first phase III trial). Planning ...
Maximum Dose Of Zofran Iv Push - Cost Of Ondansetron Without Insurance
... ondansetron odt 4mg used for, zofran pregnancy birth defects, cost of ondansetron without insurance, babycenter zofran side ... zofran and pregnancy birth defects, zofran sales 2013, maximum dose of zofran iv push, ondansetron tablets brands, is ... This form, ondansetron odt 4mg used for, why is generic ondansetron so expensive, the act reveals any striking features. 4. ... Allen mc unlv Nashville 80 cb 91 Elkmont., cost of ondansetron without insurance, babycenter zofran side effects, justified in ...
Ondansetron (oral) - wikidoc
Unit Dose Packs of 3 tablets. *Ondansetron HCl Tablets 24 mg (30 mg of ondansetron HCl dihydrate equivalent to 24 mg of ... Unit Dose Packs of 3 tablets. *Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablets 8 mg (10 mg ondansetron HCl dihydrate equivalent to 8 mg of ... Gender differences were shown in the disposition of ondansetron given as a single dose. The extent and rate of ondansetrons ... Four and 8 mg doses of either Ondansetron Oral Solution or Ondansetron Orally Disintegrating Tablets are bioequivalent to ...
Treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting after outpatient surgery with the 5-HT3 antagonist ondansetron. - PubMed - NCBI
Ondansetron, in doses less than 8 mg, is a safe, effective antiemetic for treating postoperative nausea and vomiting. ... were significantly lower for all doses of ondansetron (1.3, 0.8, 1.8 for 1, 4, and 8 mg, respectively) as compared with placebo ... Patients were stratified by gender and received, in a randomized, double-blind manner, 1, 4, or 8 mg ondansetron or placebo in ... Treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting after outpatient surgery with the 5-HT3 antagonist ondansetron.. Scuderi P1, ...
Ondansetron (By injection) | University of Maryland Medical Center
Additional doses may be given 4 hours and 8 hours after the first dose. ... Amerinet Choice Ondansetron, BD Simplist Ondansetron, Ondansetron Novaplus, PremierPro Rx Ondansetron, Zofran. ... Ondansetron (By injection). Introduction. Ondansetron (on-DAN-se-tron). Prevents nausea and vomiting. ... Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given as a shot into a ...
Mirtazapine & Ondansetron taken together | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB
Buddy has been taking Ondansetron prescribed by a previous doctor, he was not eating so I gave him Mirtazapine and they... ... The dose might have been a problem, but Ondansetron is also a problem. Ondansetron is not to be taken with a lot of things, ... This dose, while effective, results in fewer undesirable side effects than the traditional 3.75-mg dose. ... My new vet uses only Mirtazapine and cerenia, not ondansetron. I called the local hospital and they said ondansetron stayed in ...
Ondansetron Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information
Ondansetron Injection: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus ... Additional doses may be given 4 hours after the first dose of ondansetron and 8 hours after the first dose of ondansetron, if ... Ondansetron injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy and surgery. Ondansetron is in a ... Before using ondansetron,. *tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to ondansetron, alosetron (Lotronex), ...
Effect of Ondansetron on Metformin Pharmacokinetics and Response in Healthy Subjects. - PubMed - NCBI
The pharmacokinetic profile of ondansetron in healthy subjects. Healthy men (n = 12) received oral doses of 8 mg of ondansetron ... The plasma concentration-time curve of ondansetron is shown 1 hour after the last ondansetron dose (time 0) in the healthy men ... Ondansetron (8 mg) or placebo was administrated at 8 PM daily for 5 days, and the last dose was taken at 7 AM on the sixth day ... Ondansetron (8 mg) or placebo was administrated at 8 PM daily for 5 days, and the last dose was taken at 7 AM in the sixth day ...
Ondansetron hcl used comparison between amlodipine and felodipine codeine hydrochloride ka tetracycline tab dose
... Tylenol pm ... Ondansetron dose for infants lipitor liver side effects rogaine minoxidil 5 canada acetaminophen dosage extra strength tylenol ... Decadron pediatric dose asthma can tacrolimus cause weight gain ticlopidine hcl price kamagra on sale How to take oxycodone on ... Indomethacin dose cerclage ceclor 12 hr 375 mg vardenafil precio en chile cyclobenzaprine use during pregnancy. Celadrin canada ...
Effectiveness and Quality of Life Analysis of Palonosetron Against Ondansetron Combined With Dexamethasone and Fosaprepitant in...
Acute nausea control [ Time Frame: Within the first 24 hours after first dose of chemotherapy ]. Personal diary of symptoms ... Drug: Ondansetron Early emesis: Ondansetron 16 mg IV + Dexamethasone 12 mg IV + Fosaprepitant 150 mg IV. and for delayed emesis ... Active Comparator: Ondansetron Early emesis: Ondansetron 16 mg IV + Dexamethasone 12 mg IV + Fosaprepitant 150 mg IV. ... The patients were divided in two groups receiving either A scheme (palonosetron) or B scheme (ondansetron) in combination with ...
Strativa Pharmaceuticals Provides Product Pipel... ( Files NDA for Ondansetron Orally Diss...)
Files NDA for Ondansetron Orally Dissolving Film Strip ... ...BioAlliance to Resubmit Loramyc(R) NDA ... ...,Strativa, ... The pharmacokinetic results of each study demonstrate that a single dose of ondansetron ODFS, taken with or without water, is ... formulation of ondansetron to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Strativa is seeking approval of ondansetron ODFS in ... Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Doses First Patient in Cotara(R) Phase II Brain Cancer Trial In India. 10. Nabi Biopharmaceuticals ...
Fda On Zofran In Pregnancy - Order Ondansetron Online
... mims online ondansetron, ondansetron tablets indications, zofran 4mg odt dosing, ondansetron odt 8 mg dosage ... what is ondansetron odt 8 mg used for. 26. ondansetron tablets indications. covered after 24 hours in every case and in one ... ondansetron 8 mg dosing. It was known that the two types interbreed freely under domesti. ... ondansetron tablets dose. By parasitology a close union is made between pathology and. ...
NauseaAntiemeticInjectionHydrochlorideDosageCisplatinPregnancyPregnantTabletsGranisetronEffects of ondansetronDexamethasoneReceptor antagonistGastroenteritisEmesisPlaceboMedicationsMedicationTake zofranOral ondansetronAprepitantEffect of ondansetronAdministration of ondansetronVomitingConcentrationsEither ondansetronAcuteEmetogenicPharmacokineticsPatientsRegimenDroperidolBolusClinicalVialSingle intravenousInjectableProlongationDrugAntiemeticsGiven in divided dosesSignificantlyMilligramsCombination
- Ondansetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting that is caused by cancer medicines (chemotherapy) or radiation therapy. (mayoclinic.org)
- Ondansetron works in the stomach to block the signals to the brain that cause nausea and vomiting. (mayoclinic.org)
- Ondansetron Injection is indicated for the prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of emetogenic cancer chemotherapy, including high-dose cisplatin. (nih.gov)
- Ondansetron Injection is indicated for the prevention of postoperative nausea and/or vomiting. (nih.gov)
- In patients in whom nausea and/or vomiting must be avoided postoperatively, Ondansetron Injection is recommended even when the incidence of postoperative nausea and/or vomiting is low. (nih.gov)
- For patients who do not receive prophylactic Ondansetron Injection and experience nausea and/or vomiting postoperatively, Ondansetron Injection may be given to prevent further episodes. (nih.gov)
- The primary purpose of the study is to determine the efficacy of oral dronabinol versus standard ondansetron antiemetic therapy in preventing delayed-onset chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) or retching by measuring the incidence of total response of nausea and vomiting and/or retching following administration of moderate-to-high emetogenic chemotherapeutic agents. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by certain medical treatments. (healthline.com)
- Ondansetron is indicated for the prevention and treatment of post-operative nausea and vomiting (PONV). (medicines.org.uk)
- Ondansetron is indicated for the management of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in children aged ≥6 months, and for the prevention and treatment of post-operative nausea and vomiting in children aged ≥ 1 month. (medicines.org.uk)
- The dose of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting can be calculated based on body surface area (BSA) or weight - see below. (medicines.org.uk)
- FDA is notifying health care professionals that the 32 mg, single intravenous (IV) dose of the anti-nausea drug Zofran (ondansetron hydrochloride) will no longer be marketed because of the potential for serious cardiac risks. (drugs.com)
- The 32 mg, single IV dose of Zofran had been used to prevent chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. (drugs.com)
- Treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting after outpatient surgery with the 5-HT3 antagonist ondansetron. (nih.gov)
- This study evaluates the safety and efficacy of ondansetron (a new 5-HT3 antagonist) in the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting in patients following outpatient surgery. (nih.gov)
- Patients were stratified by gender and received, in a randomized, double-blind manner, 1, 4, or 8 mg ondansetron or placebo in response to nausea and/or vomiting postoperatively. (nih.gov)
- Median nausea scores (range 0-10) during the initial observation period (0-2 h) were significantly lower for all doses of ondansetron (1.3, 0.8, 1.8 for 1, 4, and 8 mg, respectively) as compared with placebo (2.3). (nih.gov)
- Ondansetron, in doses less than 8 mg, is a safe, effective antiemetic for treating postoperative nausea and vomiting. (nih.gov)
- When ondansetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, it is usually given 30 minutes before the start of chemotherapy. (medlineplus.gov)
- Ondansetron is also sometimes given after surgery to patients who are experiencing nausea and vomiting and who did not receive ondansetron before surgery. (medlineplus.gov)
- The 5-hydroxytryptamine-3 (5-HT3) receptor antagonists such as ondansetron have been used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting for over 2 decades. (nih.gov)
- Strativa is seeking approval of ondansetron ODFS in 8 mg and 4 mg strengths for the prevention of chemotherapy and radiation-induced nausea and vomiting, and prevention of post-operative nausea and vomiting. (bio-medicine.org)
- Ondansetron is an anti-nausea medicine ondansetron most often used to prevent anxiety and soliciting caused by medicine ondansetron diabetes. (cityofneedles.com)
- Ondansetron: a serotonin receptor (5-HT3) antagonist for antineoplastic chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. (biomedsearch.com)
- Ondansetron is indicated as prophylaxis for nausea and vomiting associated with emetogenic chemotherapy. (biomedsearch.com)
- The goal of this clinical research study is to compare the effectiveness of receiving a combination of ondansetron and aprepitant to receiving ondansetron alone in helping to prevent nausea and/or vomiting in patients with AML or HR-MDS who are receiving cytarabine. (mdanderson.org)
- Primary: To compare the efficacy and safety of ondansetron continuous infusion alone versus ondansetron continuous infusion plus aprepitant in the prevention of nausea and vomiting in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (HR-MDS), chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) in blast crisis or acute undifferentiated leukemia receiving continuous multi-day chemotherapy with a high-dose cytarabine containing regimen. (mdanderson.org)
- 2. To compare the frequency and severity of vomiting and nausea between the combination of ondansetron and aprepitant and the ondansetron alone. (mdanderson.org)
- Clinical trials suggest that it is more effective than other 5-HT3 antagonists in preventing delayed CINV (nausea and vomiting that occur more than 24 hours after the first dose of chemotherapy). (wikipedia.org)
- Although these results cannot definitively rule out the possibility of adverse effects in association with ondansetron, the results do provide reassurance regarding the use of this agent for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy," the investigators noted. (mdedge.com)
- Ondansetron had been used prophylactic to reduce the incidence of intra-operative nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing cesarean section under regional anesthesia, 60 ASA I and II parturient, between the age of 21 and 38, scheduled for elective cesarean delivery were enrolled Patients were randomized to receive propofol I mg/kg/hr (GP) or ondansetron 4 mg (GO). (bu.edu.eg)
- Zofran (Ondansetron) blocks the actions of chemicals in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting. (genericdoctor.com)
- To prevent nausea after surgery, take ondansetron by mouth 1 hour before the start of surgery. (kaiserpermanente.org)
- We compared the incidence of intraoperative nausea and vomiting (IONV) in obese patients who received a prophylactic phenylephrine infusion vs those who received bolus dosing for the treatment of spinal-induced hypotension. (springer.com)
- Ondansetron, sold under the brand name Zofran among others, is a medication used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or surgery. (wikipedia.org)
- Although an effective antiemetic agent, the high cost of brand-name ondansetron initially limited its use to controlling postoperative nausea and vomiting and chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. (wikipedia.org)
- A number of medications including ondansetron appear to be effective in controlling postoperative nausea and vomiting. (wikipedia.org)
- The reason I ask about dosing is that EOD made Neko miserable, but a larger dose every two weeks gave her some time between doses to get over the nausea. (felinediabetes.com)
- Antiemetic treatments should be initiated prior to the first dose of chemotherapy for best control of nausea and vomiting, as it can often become difficult to control nausea once the child is actually vomiting. (rch.org.au)
- A 35-year-old man developed cutaneous refractile foreign body microemboli and bilateral cellulitis of his arms following the administration of oral ondansetron tablets[Zofran] via intra-arterial route for the faster relief of nausea. (springer.com)
- acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of highly emetogenic cancer chemotherapy (HEC) including high-dose cisplatin. (rxlist.com)
- Ondansetron HCL is generally used to prevent the nausea that accompanies some forms of treatment associated with cancer such as chemotherapy or radiotherapy. (brighthub.com)
- Background Ondansetron, sometimes combined with acustimulation at PC6 ( Neiguan ), is commonly used for preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting, but PC6 is not the only point that can be used for this purpose. (bmj.com)
- The recommended intravenous dosage of ANZEMET Injection (dolasetron mesylate injection) is 12.5 mg given as a single dose approximately 15 minutes before the cessation of anesthesia (prevention) or as soon as nausea or vomiting presents (treatment). (rxlist.com)
- The recommended intravenous dosage in pediatric patients 2 to 16 years of age is 0.35 mg/kg, with a maximum dose of 12.5 mg, given as a single dose approximately 15 minutes before the cessation of anesthesia or as soon as nausea or vomiting presents. (rxlist.com)
- The group says that the drug in higher dose compared with the 10-milligrams could pose increased adverse effects such as slowed pulse rate, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, urinary incontinence, fatigue, dizziness and agitation. (cnn.com)
- Effect of Prophylactic Ondansetron on Postoperative Nausea a. (lww.com)
- Zofran ( ondansetron ) is typically used for nausea/vomiting prevention and also chemotherapy-related nausea. (healthtap.com)
- You should stop taking zofran ( ondansetron ) at this point and talk to your doctor about controlling your nausea with another type of medication. (healthtap.com)
- ONDANSETRON (on DAN se tron) is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy. (kramesonline.com)
- The recommended adult dose of ondansetron for nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy is based on severity of the symptoms and ranges from 8 mg to 24 mg daily given in divided doses. (medbroadcast.com)
- The recommended adult dose of ondansetron to treat and prevent nausea and vomiting caused by radiation therapy is 8 mg taken by mouth, 1 to 2 hours before treatment, and then every 8 hours for up to 5 days after treatment. (medbroadcast.com)
- The recommended adult dose of ondansetron to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by surgery is 16 mg taken by mouth, 1 hour before anesthesia. (medbroadcast.com)
- After surgery, a single dose of 4 mg of ondansetron may be given by intravenous injection to treat nausea or vomiting. (medbroadcast.com)
- Ondansetron is not effective for treating or preventing nausea and vomiting caused by motion. (medbroadcast.com)
- Consider iv ondansetron (Zofran) for nausea due to NAC. (renalandurologynews.com)
- The 5-HT3 receptor antagonist ondansetron is used to prevent and treat postoperative nausea and vomiting. (bmj.com)
- Also, increasing the body area being irradiated, the radiation fractions used, and the overall total dose of radiation administered will elevate the risk of radiation-induced nausea and vomiting. (uspharmacist.com)
- Ondansetron represents a new class of drugs that exert their antiemetic activity by selective inhibition of a serotonin receptor subtype (5-HT3). (biomedsearch.com)
- Compared with high doses of metoclopramide, the antiemetic "gold standard," it demonstrates equal or superior efficacy. (biomedsearch.com)
- Ondansetron is one of several antiemetic drugs used during the vomiting phase of cyclic vomiting syndrome. (wikipedia.org)
- Furthermore, this dose of propofol exhibits greater antiemetic efficiency than do traditional antiemetics (metoclopramide and droperidol) (27). (thefreedictionary.com)
- Estimation of antiemetic efficacy (prevention of emesis) of the most duplicated ondansetron regimen. (bmj.com)
- 17% of systematically searched randomised trials of ondansetron as a postoperative antiemetic were covert duplicates and resulted in 28% of patient data being duplicated. (bmj.com)
- See full prescribing information for ONDANSETRON injection, USP. (nih.gov)
- Dilution of Ondansetron Injection in 50 mL of 5% Dextrose Injection or 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection is required before administration to adult and pediatric patients. (nih.gov)
- Dilution of Ondansetron Injection is not required before administration to adult and pediatric patients. (nih.gov)
- Ondansetron Injection (2 mg/mL): 2 mL single dose vial. (nih.gov)
- For most patient receiving Emetogenic chemotherapy and radiotherapy, ondansetron 8 mg should be administered as a slow intravenous injection (in not less than 30 seconds) or intramuscular or other routes of administration over 15 minutes immediately before treatment . (medicines.org.uk)
- A single dose of 8 mg by slow intravenous injection (in not less than 30 seconds) or intramuscular injection over 15 minutes immediately before chemotherapy. (medicines.org.uk)
- A dose of 8 mg by slow intravenous injection (in not less than 30 seconds) or intramuscular injection over 15 minutes immediately before chemotherapy, followed by two further intravenous injection (in not less than 30 seconds) or intramuscular doses of 8 mg no less than four hours apart, or by a constant infusion of 1 mg/hour for up to 24 hours. (medicines.org.uk)
- Hospira, Inc. announced it initiated a voluntary nationwide recall of one lot of Metoclopramide Injection, USP, 10 mg/2 mL (5 mg/mL)and two lots of Ondansetron Injection, USP, 4 mg/2 mL, (2 mg/mL). (drugs.com)
- Metoclopramide Injection, USP, 10 mg/2 mL (5 mg/mL), NDC 0409-3414-01, Lot 28-104-DK (the lot number may be followed by a 01), is packaged in a 2 mL single-dose fliptop vial, with an expiration date of October 1, 2014. (drugs.com)
- Ondansetron Injection, USP, 4 mg/2 mL (2 mg/mL), NDC 0409-4755-03, Lots 29-484-DK and 29-510-DK (the lot numbers may be followed by a 01) are packaged in a 2 mL single-dose fliptop vial, with an expiration date of May 1, 2015. (drugs.com)
- For intravenous injection over a period of 2 minutes, administer 130 mg of CINVANTI as part of a HEC regimen or 100 mg as part of a MEC regimen as a single dose on Day 1. (rxlist.com)
- Aseptically withdraw 18 mL for the 130 mg dose or 14 mL for the 100 mg dose from the vial and transfer it into an infusion bag a filled with 100 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP or 5% Dextrose for Injection, USP. (rxlist.com)
- Objectives To evaluate the combined effects of ondansetron and ST36 ( Zusanli ) acupuncture point injection on postoperative vomiting (POV) after laparoscopic surgery. (bmj.com)
- 4) group C (combination): intravenous ondansetron+bilateral acupuncture point injection at ST36 of vitamin B1 (n=40). (bmj.com)
- The recommended dose of ANZEMET Injection (dolasetron mesylate injection) should not be exceeded. (rxlist.com)
- The recommended intravenous dosage of ANZEMET Injection (dolasetron mesylate injection) from clinical trial results is 1.8 mg/kg given as a single dose approximately 30 minutes before chemotherapy (see Administration). (rxlist.com)
- ANZEMET Injection (dolasetron mesylate injection) mixed in apple or apple-grape juice may be used for oral dosing of pediatric patients. (rxlist.com)
- When ANZEMET Injection (dolasetron mesylate injection) is administered orally, the recommended dosage in pediatric patients 2 to 16 years of age is 1.8 mg/kg up to a maximum 100 mg dose given within 1 hour before chemotherapy. (rxlist.com)
- Food and Drug Administration has granted final approval for the Company's Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) for Ondansetron Injection USP, 2 mg/mL, packaged in 4 mg/2 mL single-dose vials, 2 mg/mL, packaged in 40 mg/20 mL multiple-dose vials and 0. (thefreedictionary.com)
- s Sandostatin injection and is available in 1,000- and 5,000-microgram strengths in multiple-dose vials and in 50-, 100- and 500-microgram strengths in single-doze vials. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Alternatively a dose of 4 mg may be given by intravenous (into a vein) injection at the time of surgery. (medbroadcast.com)
- The active ingredient in Ondansetron Oral Solution, USP is ondansetron hydrochloride (HCl) as the dihydrate, the racemic form of ondansetron and a selective blocking agent of the serotonin 5-HT 3 receptor type. (nih.gov)
- Each ampoule with 2 ml contains 4 mg ondansetron (as ondansetron hydrochloride dihydrate). (medicines.org.uk)
- The recommended adult oral dosage of Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablets is 24 mg given as three 8-mg tablets administered 30 minutes before the start of single-day highly emetogenic chemotherapy , including cisplatin ≥50 mg/m2. (wikidoc.org)
- The recommended adult oral dosage is one 8 mg Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablet given twice a day. (wikidoc.org)
- For total body irradiation, one 8 mg Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablet should be administered 1 to 2 hours before each fraction of radiotherapy administered each day. (wikidoc.org)
- For single high-dose fraction radiotherapy to the abdomen, one 8 mg Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablet should be administered 1 to 2 hours before radiotherapy, with subsequent doses every 8 hours after the first dose for 1 to 2 days after completion of radiotherapy . (wikidoc.org)
- The recommended dosage is 16 mg given as two 8 mg Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablets 1 hour before induction of anesthesia . (wikidoc.org)
- For pediatric patients 4 through 11 years of age, the dosage is one 4 mg Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablet given three times a day. (wikidoc.org)
- One 4 mg Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablet should be administered 3 times a day (every 8 hours) for 1 to 2 days after completion of chemotherapy. (wikidoc.org)
- Ondansetron Hydrochloride Tablets are contraindicated for patients known to have hypersensitivity to the drug. (wikidoc.org)
- METHODS: This was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, two-way crossover study in which six male and six female subjects were administered a single 10 mg intravenous dose of morphine sulphate, followed 30 min later by a single 16 mg intravenous dose of ondansetron hydrochloride or placebo. (duke.edu)
- Each oval-shaped, yellow, film-coated tablet, imprinted 'P' on one side and '4' on the other, contains 4 mg ondansetron (as ondansetron hydrochloride dihydrate). (medbroadcast.com)
- Our results suggest that ondansetron (particularly the 4 microg/kg twice per day dosage) is an effective treatment for patients with early-onset alcoholism, presumably by ameliorating an underlying serotonergic abnormality. (nih.gov)
- Adults and pediatric patients 6 months of age and older: The recommended dosage is 0.15 mg/kg per dose for 3 doses (maximum of 16 mg per dose), infused intravenously over 15 minutes. (nih.gov)
- The disease is therefore, ondansetron 4mg/5ml solution dosage, Spontaneous Tetanus cured by Inhalations of Chloroform, ondansetron odt 4mg tablets 10mg, dangers are fully recorded. (kzovideo.com)
- Ana, zofran safe dosage pregnancy, zofran dose for gastroenteritis in adults, however is by means of bimanual examination and palpation of the organ. (kzovideo.com)
- Multiday, single-dose administration of a 24 mg dosage has not been studied. (wikidoc.org)
- The use of ondansetron has not been studied in people older than 75 years of age, and it is not known if dosage should be adjusted for this group. (wikipedia.org)
- The recommended intravenous dosage in pediatric patients 2 to 16 years of age is 1.8 mg/kg given as a single dose approximately 30 minutes before chemotherapy, up to a maximum of 100 mg (see Administration). (rxlist.com)
- For patients receiving highly emetogenic chemotherapy, e.g. high-dose cisplatin, ondansetron can be given either by intravenous or intramuscular administration. (medicines.org.uk)
- Ondansetron has marked activity against emesis associated with cisplatin and other highly emetogenic drugs. (biomedsearch.com)
- Further studies are essential to determine the efficacy, optimal dose, and duration of the newer agents and combinations in multiday cisplatin based chemotherapy. (hindawi.com)
- The majority of patients with testicular cancer are cured with standard dose cisplatin based combination chemotherapy [ 1 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Is it safe to take ondansetron in pregnancy or while breastfeeding? (netdoctor.co.uk)
- The safety of using ondansetron in pregnancy has not been well established and it's not usually recommended for use in pregnant women, unless the potential benefit outweighs any risks to the developing baby. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Ondansetron is generally only prescribed for pregnancy sickness if other treatments have not worked. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Women of childbearing potential must have negative serum (Beta HCG) pregnancy tests performed within 14 days prior to the start of the study and on the evening prior to each dose administration. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- If dosing is scheduled on Sunday or Monday, the HCG pregnancy test should be given within 48 hours prior to dosing of each study period. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Although the standpoint taken is that of, cost of zofran at cvs, inside the food tends to keep the fat from entering and saturat, zofran and dilaudid iv compatibility , ondansetron hcl 4mg tabs, zofran pregnancy risk 2014, prijs zofran , a matter of inheritance. (kzovideo.com)
- This fever of, ondansetron odt vs zofran , is ondansetron hcl 4 mg safe during pregnancy , fda warns against zofran during pregnancy, iv zofran orally, side effects of ondansetron while pregnant, a neuritis. (kzovideo.com)
- generic zofran safe during pregnancy , granular atrophy of the hepatic cells with evidence of nu, long term zofran use pregnancy, dose of zofran in pregnancy, ondansetron 8mg odt tablet, ated hospitals. (kzovideo.com)
- zofran and pregnancy birth defects, zofran sales 2013, maximum dose of zofran iv push, ondansetron tablets brands , is ondansetron hcl 4 mg safe during pregnancy, with gonococci derived from the maternal passages. (next-directory.org)
- Fetal exposure to ondansetron showed no association with adverse pregnancy outcomes in a nationwide Danish cohort study that included more than 608,000 pregnancies, according to a report published online Feb. 28 in the New England Journal of Medicine. (mdedge.com)
- Ondansetron was rarely used during pregnancy before 2004 in Denmark. (mdedge.com)
- The median number of doses dispensed was 30 per pregnancy. (mdedge.com)
- Ondansetron is used off-label to treat morning sickness and hyperemesis gravidarum of pregnancy. (wikipedia.org)
- Ondansetron is in pregnancy category B in the US. (wikipedia.org)
- If you become pregnant while taking ondansetron, call your doctor. (medlineplus.gov)
- Make sure you let your doctor know if you are or think you could be pregnant before taking ondansetron. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Is Zofran (ondansetron) safe while pregnant? (healthtap.com)
- Acetaminophen (APAP) in typical adult doses generally is considered safe for use by pregnant women, eg, up to a maximum of about 3 grams per 24 hours for short-term use such as 1 to 3 days. (renalandurologynews.com)
- Chronic daily excessive dose, greater than 4 grams per day, in pregnant women is uncommon. (renalandurologynews.com)
- The objective of this study was to investigate the bioequivalence of Mylan's ondansetron 24 mg tablets to GSK's Zofran® 24 mg tablets following a single, oral 24 mg (1 x 24 mg) dose administered under fed conditions. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- PharmFilm(R) is also a tool to help sales and marketing partners differentiate in competitive markets while offering unique advantages over drugs dosed by traditional tablets, capsules and orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs). (bio-medicine.org)
- The recommended dose of Zelboraf is 960mg (four tablets) taken twice a day. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- You should try to space the doses out so that there is an interval of 12 hours between doses - four tablets in the morning and four tablets in the evening. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to ondansetron, alosetron (Lotronex), dolasetron (Anzemet), granisetron (Kytril), palonosetron (Aloxi, in Akynzeo), any other medications, or any of the ingredients in ondansetron products. (medlineplus.gov)
- As of 2008, ondansetron and granisetron are the only 5-HT3 antagonists available as a generic drug in the United States. (wikipedia.org)
- you are allergic to ondansetron or similar medicines (dolasetron, granisetron, palonosetron). (cigna.com)
- Patients undergoing total-body irradiation should receive a 5-HT 3 receptor antagonist-either granisetron 2 mg by mouth daily or ondansetron 8 mg by mouth two to three times daily, depending on the patient's needs-with or without dexamethasone 4 mg by mouth daily. (uspharmacist.com)
- In patients receiving radiation to the upper abdomen or other localized sites, either granisetron 2 mg by mouth daily or ondansetron 8 mg by mouth twice daily, with or without dexamethasone 4 mg by mouth daily, should be given. (uspharmacist.com)
Effects of ondansetron3
- Appropriate studies have not been performed on the relationship of age to the effects of ondansetron in children younger than 4 years of age. (mayoclinic.org)
- Twelve unrelated male healthy Chinese volunteers were enrolled into a prospective, randomized, double-blind, crossover study to investigate the effects of ondansetron or placebo on the pharmacokinetics of and the response to metformin, a well-characterized substrate of organic cation transporters and multidrug and toxin extrusions (MATEs). (nih.gov)
- Some of the side effects of Ondansetron HCL are listed below. (brighthub.com)
- The efficacy of ondansetron in highly emetogenic chemotherapy may be enhanced by the addition of a single intravenous dose of dexamethasone sodium phosphate, 20 mg administered prior to chemotherapy. (medicines.org.uk)
- Effectiveness and Quality of Life Analysis of Palonosetron Against Ondansetron Combined With Dexamethasone and Fosaprepitant in Prevention of Acute and Delayed Emesis Associated to Chemotherapy Moderate and Highly Emetogenic in Breast Cancer. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The patients were divided in two groups receiving either A scheme (palonosetron) or B scheme (ondansetron) in combination with dexamethasone and fosaprepitant for prevention of early emesis and Dexamethasone to group A or Dexamethasone + metoclopramide to group B for prevention of delayed emesis. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Both ondansetron and dexamethasone reduce the incidence of PONV and pruritus after intrathecal opioid administration. (eurekamag.com)
- We hypothesised that the combination therapy of dexamethasone and ondansetron would reduce the incidence of intrathecal opioid induced PONV and pruritus more effectively than monotherapy with either agent alone. (eurekamag.com)
- Patients were randomised to one of three treatment groups and received: (Group A) dexamethasone 8mg, (Group B) ondansetron 8mg, and (Group C) dexamethasone 8mg and ondansetron 4mg. (eurekamag.com)
- Conclusion: Combination of ondansetron plus dexamethasone significantly decreased the incidence of intrathecal opioid induced PONV and pruritis compared to monotherapy. (eurekamag.com)
- typically, injections included doses of atropine, dexamethasone, and vitamin B12 drawn from multiple-dose vials into one syringe. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Data were collected on 105 children with dehydration due to gastroenteritis who received an ondansetron oral disintegrating formulation. (luriechildrens.org)
- Thus, ondansetron in this dose range was shown to result in a similar reduction in emesis in children with acute gastroenteritis. (luriechildrens.org)
- Rotarix protects against rotavirus gastroenteritis caused by G1, G3, G4, and G9 strains and is administered as a 2-dose series in infants aged 6-24 weeks. (medscape.com)
- Trials in emergency department settings support the use of ondansetron to reduce vomiting associated with gastroenteritis and dehydration. (wikipedia.org)
- No significant differences occurred in hemodynamic stability, incidence of adverse events, or changes in laboratory values in the ondansetron groups compared to the placebo group. (nih.gov)
- Interestingly, ondansetron treatment also statistically significantly improved glucose tolerance in subjects, as indicated by the smaller glucose area under the curve in the oral glucose tolerance test (10.4 ± 1.43) as compared with placebo (11.5 ± 2.29 mmol∙mg/l) (P = 0.020). (nih.gov)
- The plasma concentration-time curves of metformin after oral administration in healthy men ( n = 12) who received either ondansetron or placebo treatment. (nih.gov)
- Ondansetron (8 mg) or placebo was administrated at 8 PM daily for 5 days, and the last dose was taken at 7 AM on the sixth day. (nih.gov)
- A) The 2-hour time course of plasma glucose concentrations for OGTT after metformin treatment in healthy men who received ondansetron or placebo treatment. (nih.gov)
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of ondansetron to treat motion sickness in air ambulance personnel showed subjective improvement, but it was not statistically significant. (wikipedia.org)
- In a study that was not placebo controlled, we found significant QT interval prolongation with 0.75 mg droperidol but also after 4 mg ondansetron. (asahq.org)
-  We therefore undertook a prospective, randomized, doubleblind, placebo-controlled study to investigate the possible antipruritic properties of ondansetron in patients who received epidurally or intrathecally administered morphine. (asahq.org)
- The study is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study with one half the mother-baby pairs to receive ondansetron and the other half of the mother-baby pairs to receive placebo. (stanford.edu)
- This prospective randomized double-blind study was planned to know the efficacy of prophylactic ondansetron in the prevention of PONV in patients on steroids as compared with placebo. (lww.com)
- Intravenous ondansetron 4 mg versus placebo was investigated in 16 reports not subject to duplicate publication, three reports subject to duplicate publication, and six duplicates of those three reports. (bmj.com)
- Ondansetron is in a class of medications called serotonin 5-HT 3 receptor antagonists. (medlineplus.gov)
- Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you more carefully for side effects. (medlineplus.gov)
- Many other medications may also interact with ondansetron, so be sure to tell your doctor about all the medications you are taking, even those that do not appear on this list. (medlineplus.gov)
- Ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet can interact with other medications, vitamins, or herbs you may be taking. (healthline.com)
- One 24-mg ondansetron passionate is bioequivalent to and resolved with three 8-mg ondansetron medications ondansetron. (cityofneedles.com)
- In the same rigorous, 56 of medications ondansetron receiving oral ondansetron 24 mg once a day divided no information during the 24-hour holm period, acknowledged with 36 of children in the american ondansetron 8-mg backward-a-day separate P. (cityofneedles.com)
- Many things can affect the dose of medication that a person needs, such as body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications. (medbroadcast.com)
- Your doctor will probably tell you not to take ondansetron if you are receiving this medication. (medlineplus.gov)
- Ingestion of any alcoholic, caffeine- or xanthine-containing food or beverage within the 48 hours prior to the initial dose of study medication. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- If you are using the liquid form of this medication, use a special measuring spoon or device to measure out your prescribed dose. (kaiserpermanente.org)
- Ondansetron may be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. (cigna.com)
- Though laboratory tests indicate that large doses of this medication do not pose any significant health threats, the usual amount taken at any one given time is 24 mg. (brighthub.com)
- A container that holds more than one dose of a medication. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Lack of availability of Td in single-dose syringes, resulting in provider purchase of multiple-dose vials , was cited as a contributing factor to medication error in one cluster. (thefreedictionary.com)
- If your doctor has recommended a dose different from the one given here, do not change the way that you are taking the medication without consulting your doctor. (medbroadcast.com)
- Is it dangerous to take Zofran (ondansetron) for long periods of time? (healthtap.com)
- OBJECTIVE: To determine if higher doses of oral ondansetron are associated with greater efficacy or side effects. (luriechildrens.org)
- To evaluate the safety of the combination of ondansetron and aprepitant. (mdanderson.org)
- Patients were randomized to ondansetron (OND) 8 mg IV 30 minutes before cytarabine followed by 24 mg IV continuous infusion daily until 6-12 hours after the last dose of chemotherapy alone or with aprepitant (APREP) oral 125 mg 6-12 hrs before chemotherapy and 80 mg daily until 1 day after the last dose of chemotherapy. (hindawi.com)
- CINVANTI (aprepitant) injectable emulsion is a sterile, opaque, off-white to amber liquid in a single-dose vial for intravenous use. (rxlist.com)
- Table 3 includes preparation instructions for CINVANTI for HEC as a 130 mg single-dose regimen and for MEC as a 100 mg single dose followed by 2 days of oral aprepitant as a 3-day regimen. (rxlist.com)
Effect of ondansetron4
- Effect of Ondansetron on Metformin Pharmacokinetics and Response in Healthy Subjects. (nih.gov)
- The effect of ondansetron on the pharmacokinetic parameters of oral metformin in healthy men. (nih.gov)
- The effect of ondansetron on response to oral metformin in healthy men. (nih.gov)
- Lack of effect of ondansetron on the pharmacokinetics and analgesic effects of morphine and metabolites after single-dose morphine administration in healthy volunteers. (duke.edu)
Administration of ondansetron2
- Multiday administration of ondansetron has been shown to slow colonic transit in normal volunteers. (nih.gov)
- CONCLUSIONS: The results of this study suggest that administration of ondansetron (16 mg i.v.) does not alter the pharmacokinetics of morphine and its 3- or 6-glucuronide metabolites to a clinically significant extent, nor does it affect the overall analgesic response to morphine as measured by the contact thermode system. (duke.edu)
- There was no significant association between the dose of ondansetron and the outcomes of number of vomiting episodes, volume of fluids consumed, increase in bodyweight, or number of diarrhea episodes/hour. (luriechildrens.org)
- The mean dose of ondansetron (mg/kg) administered was not different amongst those who did and did not have ongoing vomiting, undergo hospitalization, and receive intravenous rehydration. (luriechildrens.org)
- Researchers have also demonstrated the antinausea and anti-vomiting effects of low doses of cannabidiolic acid. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Patients often stop taking the higher dose because of its strong side effects such as vomiting. (cnn.com)
- Ondansetron has no effect on plasma prolactin concentrations. (nih.gov)
- Although some nonconjugated metabolites have pharmacologic activity, these are not found in plasma at concentrations likely to significantly contribute to the biological activity of ondansetron. (nih.gov)
- Purkinje fibers, driven at 1 Hz, were exposed to increasing concentrations (from 0.001 to 10 microm) of droperidol (n = 7) or ondansetron (n = 8) at 30 min intervals at 36.5 degrees C. Other fibers were exposed to a constant droperidol concentration (0.1 microm) alone (n = 7) or together with the same increasing concentrations of ondansetron (n = 6). (biomedsearch.com)
- The concentrations that increased APD90 by 50% were 0.25 +/- 0.25 microm droperidol, 3.8 +/- 2.4 microm ondansetron and 1.5 +/- 0.8 microm ondansetron when given together with droperidol. (biomedsearch.com)
- However, within clinically relevant concentrations, ondansetron does not further increase the AP prolongation caused by droperidol alone. (biomedsearch.com)
- Patients were randomly allocated using a randomization chart to 1 of the 2 groups to receive either ondansetron 4 mg (group O) or 0.9% saline (group S) intravenously at the time of dural closure. (lww.com)
- 2) Patients with a diagnosis of acute myelogenous leukemia, high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome, chronic myelogenous leukemia in blast crisis or acute undifferentiated leukemia who will receive chemotherapy with regimens containing high-dose cytarabine (greater or equal 1g/m^2/d for at least 3 days). (mdanderson.org)
- 1.1 Research Question Does pre emptive morphine dosing help reduce acute post operative pain (as expressed on a visual analogue scale, VAS) and/or post operative opioid use in patients undergoing uterine artery embolisation? (knowcancer.com)
- For acute asthma exacerbations, the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP) Expert Panel recommends 4 to 8 puffs every 20 minutes for 3 doses, then 4 to 8 puffs every 1 to 4 hours as needed. (pdr.net)
- There are no known long-term adverse outcomes following recovery from acute single-dose ingestions. (renalandurologynews.com)
- The emetogenic potential of cancer treatment varies according to the doses and combinations of chemotherapy and radiotherapy regimens used. (medicines.org.uk)
- The selection of dose regimen should be determined by the severity of the emetogenic challenge. (medicines.org.uk)
- The first dose should be administered 30 minutes before the start of emetogenic chemotherapy, with a subsequent dose 8 hours after the first dose. (wikidoc.org)
- AIMS: The purpose of this investigation was to study the influence of ondansetron on the single-dose pharmacokinetics and the analgesic effects elicited by morphine and the 3- and 6-glucuronide metabolites of morphine in healthy volunteers. (duke.edu)
- Avoid Ondansetron in patients with congenital long QT syndrome. (nih.gov)
- Ondansetron is approved for patients aged 6 months and older. (nih.gov)
- There is limited information regarding Off-Label Guideline-Supported Use of Ondansetron in adult patients. (wikidoc.org)
- There is limited information regarding Off-Label Non-Guideline-Supported Use of Ondansetron in adult patients. (wikidoc.org)
- No patient in GO need rescue, while two patients in GP were received ondansetron 4 mg as rescue. (bu.edu.eg)
- Ondansetron 4 mg is more effective than propofol I mg kg- I hr") to prevent emetic symptoms during and postdelivery in patients undergoing cesarean section under spinal anesthesia. (bu.edu.eg)
- The current recommendation is to administer 2 separate doses of Rotarix to patients aged 6-24 weeks. (medscape.com)
- The usual maximum dose in patients with severe liver problems is 8 milligrams in 24 hours. (kaiserpermanente.org)
- weakness) and age-related liver, kidney, or heart problems, which may require caution and an adjustment in the dose for patients receiving tramadol. (mayoclinic.org)
- Patients with an epidural catheter received bolus doses of 0.25% bupivacaine (5-8 ml) as necessary. (asahq.org)
- Patients who assessed the severity of the pruritus at a VAS score more than 4 were randomized and received in 10 min either 8 mg ondansetron in 100 ml saline, 0.9%, or vehicle (saline 0.9%) intravenously. (asahq.org)
- Alternatively, for most patients, a fixed dose of 100 mg can be administered over 30 seconds. (rxlist.com)
- This side effect report can indicate a possible existence of increased vulnerability to Tylenol Pm treatment in female patients suffering from sleep disorder , osteoporosis , resulting in Incorrect Dose Administered . (patientsville.com)
- This finding indicates that some patients can be more vulnerable to developing Tylenol (caplet) side effects, such as Incorrect Dose Administered . (patientsville.com)
- A specific dose of Alzheimer's drug should be pulled from the market because it poses a risk to patients, according to a consumer group. (cnn.com)
- The drug, donepezil, sold under the brand Aricept, is administered in several doses - the highest being 23 milligrams - for patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. (cnn.com)
- The group also said the higher dose does not appear to give any benefits to the patients. (cnn.com)
- Dr. James Lah, director of the cognitive neurology program at Emory University's Department of Neurology, regularly prescribes Aricept to patients, but doesn't prescribe the 23-milligram dose. (cnn.com)
- Intravenous administration of 4 mg of ondansetron at the time of dural closure was effective in reducing the incidence of PONV and the rescue antiemetics requirement in patients on preoperative steroids undergoing craniotomy for supratentorial tumors. (lww.com)
- Midazolam was given to 95% of the patients with an almost equal number of doses being given intravenously and intranasally. (smore.com)
- Eighty four trials (11 980 patients receiving ondansetron) published between 1991 and September 1996. (bmj.com)
- RotaTeq is a pentavalent vaccine that contains 5 live reassortant rotaviruses and is administered as a 3-dose regimen against G1, G2, G3, and G4 serotypes, the 4 most common rotavirus group A serotypes. (medscape.com)
- Droperidol and ondansetron in vitro electrophysiological drug interaction study. (biomedsearch.com)
- Droperidol and ondansetron are potent anti-emetic agents which are often administered together. (biomedsearch.com)
- Early after-depolarization occurred in 6/7 fibers exposed to droperidol and 1/8 fibers exposed to ondansetron. (biomedsearch.com)
- Both ondansetron and droperidol prolong AP duration in Purkinje fibers, droperidol being 10 times more potent than ondansetron. (biomedsearch.com)
- Combination of ondansetron and droperidol exhibits an additive effect on AP duration. (biomedsearch.com)
- Therefore, if droperidol and ondansetron prolong the QT interval, their combination could theoretically increase the risk of cardiac arrhythmia. (asahq.org)
- 2 described a case of sudden death that occurred few hours after droperidol and ondansetron administration. (asahq.org)
- The aim of this study was to assess the effects of droperidol and ondansetron alone or in combination on QTc interval duration according to the principles of the E14 guideline. (asahq.org)
- Nous avons comparé l'incidence de nausées et vomissements peropératoires chez les patientes obèses ayant reçu une perfusion de phényléphrine en prophylaxie à celles ayant reçu un bolus pour traiter l'hypotension induite par la rachianesthésie. (springer.com)
- 15mg/3-4h).For Group F 50ug fentanyl was given as a bolus ,and could be repeated (total allowed dose was 100 ug/1-2h. (who.int)
- It remains possible that ondansetron itself may affect glucose homeostasis in human subjects, but our clinical study, coupled with our previous findings in cells and in animal models, indicates that ondansetron can cause a drug-drug interaction via its potent inhibition of MATE transporters in humans. (nih.gov)
- Peelable diagnostics stickers are affixed to the threshold carton that can be and with Herbal Interactions Ondansetron does not itself have to soak or low the medicine ondansetron P-450 drug-metabolizing enzyme system of the dose see CLINICAL goals CYP3A4, CYP2D6, CYP1A2 inducers or symptoms of these enzymes may find the clearance and, hence, the early-life of ondansetron. (cityofneedles.com)
- In recent studies, continuous infusion of a subhypnotic dose of propofol was effective for reducing emetic symptoms during cesarean delivery without clinical serious adverse events. (bu.edu.eg)
- Alternatively, a rapid loading dose can be given, usually 200 mg PO every 2 to 3 hours for 5 to 6 doses or until clinical response or toxicity occurs. (pdr.net)
- According to clinical studies, the simple color matching dosing system reduces dosing errors to zero. (life-assist.com)
- Aseptically withdraw 18 mL for the 130 mg dose or 14 mL for the 100 mg dose from the vial. (rxlist.com)
- Multiple-dose vials should be stored at temperatures specified by the manufacturer or pharmacist and be discarded when or if contamination is suspected or after the expiration date on the vial. (thefreedictionary.com)
- In normal volunteers, single intravenous doses of 0.15 mg/kg of ondansetron had no effect on esophageal motility, gastric motility, lower esophageal sphincter pressure, or small intestinal transit time. (nih.gov)
- Although this may happen in any person with any formulation, the risk is most salient with the injectable (intravenous) form of the drug and increases with dose. (wikipedia.org)
- As such, single doses of injectable ondansetron should not exceed 16 mg at one time. (wikipedia.org)
- Electrolyte imbalances should be corrected before the use of injectable ondansetron. (wikipedia.org)
- Baxter recalled many lots and doses and temporarily stopped manufacturing multiple-dose vials of injectable heparin. (thefreedictionary.com)
- QT prolongation occurs in a dose-dependent manner. (nih.gov)
- A previous Drug Safety Communication (DSC), issued on June 29, 2012, communicated that the 32 mg, single IV dose should be avoided due to the risk of a specific type of irregular heart rhythm called QT interval prolongation, which can lead to Torsades de Pointes, an abnormal, potentially fatal heart rhythm. (drugs.com)
- Use of ondansetron has been associated with prolongation of the QT interval, which can lead to a potentially fatal heart rhythm known as torsades de pointes. (wikipedia.org)
- Ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet is available as a brand-name drug and a generic drug. (healthline.com)
- Ondansetron is a prescription drug. (healthline.com)
- Ondansetron orally disintegrating tablet is available as the brand-name drug Zofran ODT . (healthline.com)
- Taking this drug with ondansetron can cause your blood pressure to drop to unsafe levels. (healthline.com)
- This study was to determine whether ondansetron could serve as a perpetrator drug causing transporter-mediated drug-drug interactions in humans. (nih.gov)
- On April 7, 2009, Strativa submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) for its new orally dissolving film strips (ODFS) formulation of ondansetron to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). (bio-medicine.org)
- I was marketed this drug ondansetron for both time stone unturned sickness and endometriosis healthfulness. (cityofneedles.com)
- Ondansetron was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 1991, and has since become available in several other countries, including the UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, France and Brazil. (wikipedia.org)
- Furthermore, people who had initially received ondansetron were more likely to be admitted on the return visit than people who had not received the drug. (wikipedia.org)
- Also, cannabidiolic acid made the antinausea drug ondansetron more effective. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Please note that formulations/routes and doses may differ between drug names and brands, drug formularies, or locations. (bmj.com)
- The Investigators hope to learn if they can prevent or lessen the symptoms of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) in babies born to narcotic-dependent mothers by using the drug ondansetron in the mothers prior to delivery and their babies after delivery. (stanford.edu)
Given in divided doses1
- 20 to 60 mg/kg/day PO or 900 mg/m2/day PO, given in divided doses every 6 hours. (pdr.net)
- Ondansetron significantly increased APD90 by 5.3 +/- 2.1% at 100 nm up to 76 +/- 14% after 10 microm. (biomedsearch.com)
- The Public Citizen's Health Research Group called the 23-milligram dose of Aricept "significantly more toxic" than the 10-milligram dose and said it "should be immediately withdrawn from the market. (cnn.com)
- Ondansetron (2 milligrams (mg) for children weighing 8 to 15 kilograms (kg), 4 mg for children weighing greater than 15 kg up to 30 kg, and 8 mg for children weighing more than 30 kg). (wikidoc.org)
- Ondansetron may be used as part of a combination therapy. (healthline.com)
- Combination therapy also demonstrated improved pruritus scores at four hours following surgery compared to ondansetron alone (1.98(2.2) vs 2.63(2.7), p=0.018). (eurekamag.com)
- The lower dose of ondansetron used in the combination group compared to ondansetron alone group has important cost implications. (eurekamag.com)
- Take with or without food if used in combination with low-dose Norvir . (thebody.com)