Dosage Forms: Completed forms of the pharmaceutical preparation in which prescribed doses of medication are included. They are designed to resist action by gastric fluids, prevent vomiting and nausea, reduce or alleviate the undesirable taste and smells associated with oral administration, achieve a high concentration of drug at target site, or produce a delayed or long-acting drug effect.Tablets: Solid dosage forms, of varying weight, size, and shape, which may be molded or compressed, and which contain a medicinal substance in pure or diluted form. (Dorland, 28th ed)Chemistry, Pharmaceutical: Chemistry dealing with the composition and preparation of agents having PHARMACOLOGIC ACTIONS or diagnostic use.Capsules: Hard or soft soluble containers used for the oral administration of medicine.Excipients: Usually inert substances added to a prescription in order to provide suitable consistency to the dosage form. These include binders, matrix, base or diluent in pills, tablets, creams, salves, etc.Delayed-Action Preparations: Dosage forms of a drug that act over a period of time by controlled-release processes or technology.Drug Compounding: The preparation, mixing, and assembling of a drug. (From Remington, The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, 19th ed, p1814)Technology, Pharmaceutical: The application of scientific knowledge or technology to pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry. It includes methods, techniques, and instrumentation in the manufacture, preparation, compounding, dispensing, packaging, and storing of drugs and other preparations used in diagnostic and determinative procedures, and in the treatment of patients.Pharmaceutical Solutions: Homogeneous liquid preparations that contain one or more chemical substances dissolved, i.e., molecularly dispersed, in a suitable solvent or mixture of mutually miscible solvents. For reasons of their ingredients, method of preparation, or use, they do not fall into another group of products.Drug Stability: The chemical and physical integrity of a pharmaceutical product.Pharmaceutical Preparations: Drugs intended for human or veterinary use, presented in their finished dosage form. Included here are materials used in the preparation and/or formulation of the finished dosage form.Solubility: The ability of a substance to be dissolved, i.e. to form a solution with another substance. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Methylcellulose: Methylester of cellulose. Methylcellulose is used as an emulsifying and suspending agent in cosmetics, pharmaceutics and the chemical industry. It is used therapeutically as a bulk laxative.Ornidazole: A nitroimidazole antiprotozoal agent used in ameba and trichomonas infections. It is partially plasma-bound and also has radiation-sensitizing action.Tablets, Enteric-Coated: Tablets coated with material that delays release of the medication until after they leave the stomach. (Dorland, 28th ed)Powders: Substances made up of an aggregation of small particles, as that obtained by grinding or trituration of a solid drug. In pharmacy it is a form in which substances are administered. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Chromatography, Reverse-Phase: A chromatography technique in which the stationary phase is composed of a non-polar substance with a polar mobile phase, in contrast to normal-phase chromatography in which the stationary phase is a polar substance with a non-polar mobile phase.Administration, Oral: The giving of drugs, chemicals, or other substances by mouth.Powder Diffraction: Method of using a polycrystalline powder and Rietveld refinement (LEAST SQUARES ANALYSIS) of X-RAY DIFFRACTION or NEUTRON DIFFRACTION. It circumvents the difficulties of producing single large crystals.Therapeutic Equivalency: The relative equivalency in the efficacy of different modes of treatment of a disease, most often used to compare the efficacy of different pharmaceuticals to treat a given disease.Biological Availability: The extent to which the active ingredient of a drug dosage form becomes available at the site of drug action or in a biological medium believed to reflect accessibility to a site of action.Suspensions: Colloids with liquid continuous phase and solid dispersed phase; the term is used loosely also for solid-in-gas (AEROSOLS) and other colloidal systems; water-insoluble drugs may be given as suspensions.Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid: Liquid chromatographic techniques which feature high inlet pressures, high sensitivity, and high speed.Gene Dosage: The number of copies of a given gene present in the cell of an organism. An increase in gene dosage (by GENE DUPLICATION for example) can result in higher levels of gene product formation. GENE DOSAGE COMPENSATION mechanisms result in adjustments to the level GENE EXPRESSION when there are changes or differences in gene dosage.Drug Carriers: Forms to which substances are incorporated to improve the delivery and the effectiveness of drugs. Drug carriers are used in drug-delivery systems such as the controlled-release technology to prolong in vivo drug actions, decrease drug metabolism, and reduce drug toxicity. Carriers are also used in designs to increase the effectiveness of drug delivery to the target sites of pharmacological actions. Liposomes, albumin microspheres, soluble synthetic polymers, DNA complexes, protein-drug conjugates, and carrier erythrocytes among others have been employed as biodegradable drug carriers.Dosage Compensation, Genetic: Genetic mechanisms that allow GENES to be expressed at a similar level irrespective of their GENE DOSAGE. This term is usually used in discussing genes that lie on the SEX CHROMOSOMES. Because the sex chromosomes are only partially homologous, there is a different copy number, i.e., dosage, of these genes in males vs. females. In DROSOPHILA, dosage compensation is accomplished by hypertranscription of genes located on the X CHROMOSOME. In mammals, dosage compensation of X chromosome genes is accomplished by random X CHROMOSOME INACTIVATION of one of the two X chromosomes in the female.Limit of Detection: Concentration or quantity that is derived from the smallest measure that can be detected with reasonable certainty for a given analytical procedure.Calibration: Determination, by measurement or comparison with a standard, of the correct value of each scale reading on a meter or other measuring instrument; or determination of the settings of a control device that correspond to particular values of voltage, current, frequency or other output.Oxprenolol: A beta-adrenergic antagonist used in the treatment of hypertension, angina pectoris, arrhythmias, and anxiety.Spectrophotometry, Ultraviolet: Determination of the spectra of ultraviolet absorption by specific molecules in gases or liquids, for example Cl2, SO2, NO2, CS2, ozone, mercury vapor, and various unsaturated compounds. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Drug Delivery Systems: Systems for the delivery of drugs to target sites of pharmacological actions. Technologies employed include those concerning drug preparation, route of administration, site targeting, metabolism, and toxicity.Polymethacrylic Acids: Poly-2-methylpropenoic acids. Used in the manufacture of methacrylate resins and plastics in the form of pellets and granules, as absorbent for biological materials and as filters; also as biological membranes and as hydrogens. Synonyms: methylacrylate polymer; poly(methylacrylate); acrylic acid methyl ester polymer.Emulsions: Colloids formed by the combination of two immiscible liquids such as oil and water. Lipid-in-water emulsions are usually liquid, like milk or lotion. Water-in-lipid emulsions tend to be creams. The formation of emulsions may be aided by amphiphatic molecules that surround one component of the system to form MICELLES.Dothiepin: A tricyclic antidepressant with some tranquilizing action.Pharmacokinetics: Dynamic and kinetic mechanisms of exogenous chemical and DRUG LIBERATION; ABSORPTION; BIOLOGICAL TRANSPORT; TISSUE DISTRIBUTION; BIOTRANSFORMATION; elimination; and DRUG TOXICITY as a function of dosage, and rate of METABOLISM. LADMER, ADME and ADMET are abbreviations for liberation, absorption, distribution, metabolism, elimination, and toxicology.Ketoprofen: An IBUPROFEN-type anti-inflammatory analgesic and antipyretic. It is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.Drug Storage: The process of keeping pharmaceutical products in an appropriate location.Particle Size: Relating to the size of solids.Amebicides: Agents which are destructive to amebae, especially the parasitic species causing AMEBIASIS in man and animal.Humidity: A measure of the amount of WATER VAPOR in the air.Thermogravimetry: Technique whereby the weight of a sample can be followed over a period of time while its temperature is being changed (usually increased at a constant rate).Reproducibility of Results: The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.Glipizide: An oral hypoglycemic agent which is rapidly absorbed and completely metabolized.Drug Combinations: Single preparations containing two or more active agents, for the purpose of their concurrent administration as a fixed dose mixture.Biopharmaceutics: The study of the physical and chemical properties of a drug and its dosage form as related to the onset, duration, and intensity of its action.Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium: A cellulose derivative which is a beta-(1,4)-D-glucopyranose polymer. It is used as a bulk laxative and as an emulsifier and thickener in cosmetics and pharmaceuticals and as a stabilizer for reagents.Povidone: A polyvinyl polymer of variable molecular weight; used as suspending and dispersing agent and vehicle for pharmaceuticals; also used as blood volume expander.Loratadine: A second-generation histamine H1 receptor antagonist used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis and urticaria. Unlike most classical antihistamines (HISTAMINE H1 ANTAGONISTS) it lacks central nervous system depressing effects such as drowsiness.Hardness: The mechanical property of material that determines its resistance to force. HARDNESS TESTS measure this property.Veterinary Drugs: Drugs used by veterinarians in the treatment of animal diseases. The veterinarian's pharmacological armamentarium is the counterpart of drugs treating human diseases, with dosage and administration adjusted to the size, weight, disease, and idiosyncrasies of the species. In the United States most drugs are subject to federal regulations with special reference to the safety of drugs and residues in edible animal products.Calorimetry, Differential Scanning: Differential thermal analysis in which the sample compartment of the apparatus is a differential calorimeter, allowing an exact measure of the heat of transition independent of the specific heat, thermal conductivity, and other variables of the sample.Hexuronic Acids: Term used to designate tetrahydroxy aldehydic acids obtained by oxidation of hexose sugars, i.e. glucuronic acid, galacturonic acid, etc. Historically, the name hexuronic acid was originally given to ascorbic acid.Triacetin: A triglyceride that is used as an antifungal agent.Glucuronic Acid: A sugar acid formed by the oxidation of the C-6 carbon of GLUCOSE. In addition to being a key intermediate metabolite of the uronic acid pathway, glucuronic acid also plays a role in the detoxification of certain drugs and toxins by conjugating with them to form GLUCURONIDES.Ambroxol: A metabolite of BROMHEXINE that stimulates mucociliary action and clears the air passages in the respiratory tract. It is usually administered as the hydrochloride.Drug Administration Routes: The various ways of administering a drug or other chemical to a site in a patient or animal from where the chemical is absorbed into the blood and delivered to the target tissue.Cellulose: A polysaccharide with glucose units linked as in CELLOBIOSE. It is the chief constituent of plant fibers, cotton being the purest natural form of the substance. As a raw material, it forms the basis for many derivatives used in chromatography, ion exchange materials, explosives manufacturing, and pharmaceutical preparations.Ibuprofen: A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent with analgesic properties used in the therapy of rheumatism and arthritis.Chlorpheniramine: A histamine H1 antagonist used in allergic reactions, hay fever, rhinitis, urticaria, and asthma. It has also been used in veterinary applications. One of the most widely used of the classical antihistaminics, it generally causes less drowsiness and sedation than PROMETHAZINE.beta-Cyclodextrins: Cyclic GLUCANS consisting of seven (7) glucopyranose units linked by 1,4-glycosidic bonds.Famotidine: A competitive histamine H2-receptor antagonist. Its main pharmacodynamic effect is the inhibition of gastric secretion.Hospital Bed Capacity, 500 and overCarbonates: Salts or ions of the theoretical carbonic acid, containing the radical CO2(3-). Carbonates are readily decomposed by acids. The carbonates of the alkali metals are water-soluble; all others are insoluble. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)Poloxamer: A nonionic polyoxyethylene-polyoxypropylene block co-polymer with the general formula HO(C2H4O)a(-C3H6O)b(C2H4O)aH. It is available in different grades which vary from liquids to solids. It is used as an emulsifying agent, solubilizing agent, surfactant, and wetting agent for antibiotics. Poloxamer is also used in ointment and suppository bases and as a tablet binder or coater. (Martindale The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 31st ed)Hydrogen-Ion Concentration: The normality of a solution with respect to HYDROGEN ions; H+. It is related to acidity measurements in most cases by pH = log 1/2[1/(H+)], where (H+) is the hydrogen ion concentration in gram equivalents per liter of solution. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Absorption: The physical or physiological processes by which substances, tissue, cells, etc. take up or take in other substances or energy.Drug Contamination: The presence of organisms, or any foreign material that makes a drug preparation impure.Polymers: Compounds formed by the joining of smaller, usually repeating, units linked by covalent bonds. These compounds often form large macromolecules (e.g., BIOPOLYMERS; PLASTICS).Intestinal Absorption: Uptake of substances through the lining of the INTESTINES.Half-Life: The time it takes for a substance (drug, radioactive nuclide, or other) to lose half of its pharmacologic, physiologic, or radiologic activity.Alginates: Salts of alginic acid that are extracted from marine kelp and used to make dental impressions and as absorbent material for surgical dressings.Microspheres: Small uniformly-sized spherical particles, of micrometer dimensions, frequently labeled with radioisotopes or various reagents acting as tags or markers.PolyvinylsIndicators and Reagents: Substances used for the detection, identification, analysis, etc. of chemical, biological, or pathologic processes or conditions. Indicators are substances that change in physical appearance, e.g., color, at or approaching the endpoint of a chemical titration, e.g., on the passage between acidity and alkalinity. Reagents are substances used for the detection or determination of another substance by chemical or microscopical means, especially analysis. Types of reagents are precipitants, solvents, oxidizers, reducers, fluxes, and colorimetric reagents. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed, p301, p499)Chitosan: Deacetylated CHITIN, a linear polysaccharide of deacetylated beta-1,4-D-glucosamine. It is used in HYDROGEL and to treat WOUNDS.Desiccation: Removal of moisture from a substance (chemical, food, tissue, etc.).Diclofenac: A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) with antipyretic and analgesic actions. It is primarily available as the sodium salt.Adhesiveness: A property of the surface of an object that makes it stick to another surface.Gelatin: A product formed from skin, white connective tissue, or bone COLLAGEN. It is used as a protein food adjuvant, plasma substitute, hemostatic, suspending agent in pharmaceutical preparations, and in the manufacturing of capsules and suppositories.Acetaminophen: Analgesic antipyretic derivative of acetanilide. It has weak anti-inflammatory properties and is used as a common analgesic, but may cause liver, blood cell, and kidney damage.Morphinans: Compounds based on a partially saturated iminoethanophenanthrene, which can be described as ethylimino-bridged benzo-decahydronaphthalenes. They include some of the OPIOIDS found in PAPAVER that are used as ANALGESICS.Quality Control: A system for verifying and maintaining a desired level of quality in a product or process by careful planning, use of proper equipment, continued inspection, and corrective action as required. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Microscopy, Electron, Scanning: Microscopy in which the object is examined directly by an electron beam scanning the specimen point-by-point. The image is constructed by detecting the products of specimen interactions that are projected above the plane of the sample, such as backscattered electrons. Although SCANNING TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY also scans the specimen point by point with the electron beam, the image is constructed by detecting the electrons, or their interaction products that are transmitted through the sample plane, so that is a form of TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY.Reference Standards: A basis of value established for the measure of quantity, weight, extent or quality, e.g. weight standards, standard solutions, methods, techniques, and procedures used in diagnosis and therapy.Freeze Drying: Method of tissue preparation in which the tissue specimen is frozen and then dehydrated at low temperature in a high vacuum. This method is also used for dehydrating pharmaceutical and food products.Pharmacopoeias as Topic: Authoritative treatises on drugs and preparations, their description, formulation, analytic composition, physical constants, main chemical properties used in identification, standards for strength, purity, and dosage, chemical tests for determining identity and purity, etc. They are usually published under governmental jurisdiction (e.g., USP, the United States Pharmacopoeia; BP, British Pharmacopoeia; P. Helv., the Swiss Pharmacopoeia). They differ from FORMULARIES in that they are far more complete: formularies tend to be mere listings of formulas and prescriptions.Skin Absorption: Uptake of substances through the SKIN.Linear Models: Statistical models in which the value of a parameter for a given value of a factor is assumed to be equal to a + bx, where a and b are constants. The models predict a linear regression.Flow Injection Analysis: The analysis of a chemical substance by inserting a sample into a carrier stream of reagent using a sample injection valve that propels the sample downstream where mixing occurs in a coiled tube, then passes into a flow-through detector and a recorder or other data handling device.Hydrochlorothiazide: A thiazide diuretic often considered the prototypical member of this class. It reduces the reabsorption of electrolytes from the renal tubules. This results in increased excretion of water and electrolytes, including sodium, potassium, chloride, and magnesium. It is used in the treatment of several disorders including edema, hypertension, diabetes insipidus, and hypoparathyroidism.Pharmacists: Those persons legally qualified by education and training to engage in the practice of pharmacy.Sensitivity and Specificity: Binary classification measures to assess test results. Sensitivity or recall rate is the proportion of true positives. Specificity is the probability of correctly determining the absence of a condition. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)Gels: Colloids with a solid continuous phase and liquid as the dispersed phase; gels may be unstable when, due to temperature or other cause, the solid phase liquefies; the resulting colloid is called a sol.Porosity: Condition of having pores or open spaces. This often refers to bones, bone implants, or bone cements, but can refer to the porous state of any solid substance.Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal: Anti-inflammatory agents that are non-steroidal in nature. In addition to anti-inflammatory actions, they have analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions.They act by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins by inhibiting cyclooxygenase, which converts arachidonic acid to cyclic endoperoxides, precursors of prostaglandins. Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis accounts for their analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions; other mechanisms may contribute to their anti-inflammatory effects.Viscosity: The resistance that a gaseous or liquid system offers to flow when it is subjected to shear stress. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Administration, Topical: The application of drug preparations to the surfaces of the body, especially the skin (ADMINISTRATION, CUTANEOUS) or mucous membranes. This method of treatment is used to avoid systemic side effects when high doses are required at a localized area or as an alternative systemic administration route, to avoid hepatic processing for example.Amlodipine: A long-acting dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker. It is effective in the treatment of ANGINA PECTORIS and HYPERTENSION.Methanol: A colorless, flammable liquid used in the manufacture of FORMALDEHYDE and ACETIC ACID, in chemical synthesis, antifreeze, and as a solvent. Ingestion of methanol is toxic and may cause blindness.Area Under Curve: A statistical means of summarizing information from a series of measurements on one individual. It is frequently used in clinical pharmacology where the AUC from serum levels can be interpreted as the total uptake of whatever has been administered. As a plot of the concentration of a drug against time, after a single dose of medicine, producing a standard shape curve, it is a means of comparing the bioavailability of the same drug made by different companies. (From Winslade, Dictionary of Clinical Research, 1992)Drug Evaluation, Preclinical: Preclinical testing of drugs in experimental animals or in vitro for their biological and toxic effects and potential clinical applications.Solvents: Liquids that dissolve other substances (solutes), generally solids, without any change in chemical composition, as, water containing sugar. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)United States Food and Drug Administration: An agency of the PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE concerned with the overall planning, promoting, and administering of programs pertaining to maintaining standards of quality of foods, drugs, therapeutic devices, etc.Acrylic ResinsLactose: A disaccharide of GLUCOSE and GALACTOSE in human and cow milk. It is used in pharmacy for tablets, in medicine as a nutrient, and in industry.Nanoparticles: Nanometer-sized particles that are nanoscale in three dimensions. They include nanocrystaline materials; NANOCAPSULES; METAL NANOPARTICLES; DENDRIMERS, and QUANTUM DOTS. The uses of nanoparticles include DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS and cancer targeting and imaging.Temperature: The property of objects that determines the direction of heat flow when they are placed in direct thermal contact. The temperature is the energy of microscopic motions (vibrational and translational) of the particles of atoms.Polyglycolic Acid: A biocompatible polymer used as a surgical suture material.Gastrointestinal Tract: Generally refers to the digestive structures stretching from the MOUTH to ANUS, but does not include the accessory glandular organs (LIVER; BILIARY TRACT; PANCREAS).Metoprolol: A selective adrenergic beta-1 blocking agent that is commonly used to treat ANGINA PECTORIS; HYPERTENSION; and CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIAS.Analgesics, Non-Narcotic: A subclass of analgesic agents that typically do not bind to OPIOID RECEPTORS and are not addictive. Many non-narcotic analgesics are offered as NONPRESCRIPTION DRUGS.Kinetics: The rate dynamics in chemical or physical systems.
Determining whether managed care formularies meet the needs of pediatric patients. (1/336)This activity is designed for healthcare providers making formulary decisions for managed care organizations. GOAL: To help clinicians determine whether managed care formularies meet the needs of pediatric patients. OBJECTIVES: 1. List general considerations for establishing a pediatric drug formulary. 2. Understand the importance of growth and development when selecting drug therapy for pediatric patients. 3. Discuss potential difficulties with administering medications during school hours. 4. Identify specific medications within the drug classes of antibiotics, asthma medications, endocrine, and gastrointestinal agents that should be available on a pediatric drug formulary. (+info)
Serum itraconazole concentrations and clinical responses in Candida-associated denture stomatitis patients treated with itraconazole solution and itraconazole capsules. (2/336)The aim of this study was to compare the concentrations of itraconazole in serum and saliva after treatment with itraconazole cyclodextrin solution or itraconazole capsules in Candida-associated denture stomatitis patients without evidence of immunodeficiency. Forty patients were randomly assigned to receive either itraconazole cyclodextrin solution or itraconazole capsules, both at a dosage of 100 mg bd for 15 days. On completion of treatment palatal erythema was assessed and an oral rinse and imprint cultures were collected. Serum and saliva samples were collected at the same time and itraconazole concentrations measured using reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography. Itraconazole susceptibilities of Candida albicans and Candida glabrata strains isolated at baseline were measured by a broth microdilution method. Serum itraconazole concentrations achieved did not differ significantly between the two preparations (P = 0.39) although a significantly higher number of patients in the itraconazole cyclodextrin group (P < 0.001) had detectable levels of itraconazole in their saliva compared with the capsule group. Mycologically cured patients had slightly, though not significantly (P = 0.28), higher serum itraconazole concentrations than those from whom yeasts were not eradicated. It was concluded that both formulations of itraconazole were equally effective in treatment of denture stomatitis. Among immunocompetent patients, the absorption of the liquid preparation is no greater than that of the capsules. Therapeutic success in this group was achieved with lower serum itraconazole concentrations than have been reported for immunocompromised groups. (+info)
Equivalence of two steroid-containing inhalers: easyhaler multidose powder inhaler compared with conventional aerosol with large-volume spacer. (3/336)BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: An equivalence study was conducted in which the efficacy and safety of a daily dose of 800 microgram of beclomethasone diproprionate administered via a multidose powder inhaler, Easyhaler, and via a metered-dose inhaler (MDI) with a large-volume spacer were compared in adult, newly diagnosed, steroid-naive asthmatic patients. Acceptability of the medications was also compared. METHODS: One hundred and forty-four patients were recruited into the double-blind, double-dummy, randomised, parallel-group multicentre study. The study treatment period was 8 weeks. It was preceded by a 2-week run-in period. Morning and evening peak expiratory flow (PEF), numbers of inhalations of a sympathomimetic and asthma symptoms were recorded daily. Spirometry and histamine challenge were performed, and health-related quality of life and morning serum cortisol levels measured during control visits. RESULTS: Criteria indicating treatment equivalence were met. The mean of the primary outcome variable, morning PEF, increased significantly, from 426 to 461 litres/min in the Easyhaler group and from 436 to 467 litres/min in the MDI+spacer group. Similar improvements between groups were also seen in relation to all secondary variables. Changes in serum cortisol levels were minor. In 6 out of 10 questions about device acceptability, the majority of patients rated Easyhaler as better than the MDI+spacer combination. CONCLUSION: It was concluded that the devices tested were equivalent in terms of efficacy and safety. (+info)
Circulating concentrations of the antiprogestins CDB-2914 and mifepristone in the female rhesus monkey following various routes of administration. (4/336)The overall aim of these studies was to investigate the oral and i.m. bioavailability of CDB-2914 in intact female rhesus monkeys, and to compare the serum concentrations of CDB-2914 with that of mifepristone following oral administration. In the first study, a 50 mg bolus of CDB-2914 per monkey was administered intravenously, orally or intramuscularly. The area under the serum concentration-time curve for 72 h (AUC(0-72)) following i.v. injection was 18 320 +/- 2718 ng/ml*h, and that for oral administration was 10 464 +/- 3248 ng/ml*h. Thus, the oral bioavailability of CDB-2914 equivalents was 56%. The AUC(0-168 h) following i.m. injection was 11 226 +/- 1130 ng/ml*h. Therefore, the i.m. bioavailability of CDB-2914 equivalents was 62%. In the second study, the serum concentrations of CDB-2914 and mifepristone equivalents were compared following an oral bolus dose in two different formulations. When administered at 5 mg/kg in aqueous suspending vehicle (ASV), the mean peak serum concentration (C(max)) of CDB-2914 equivalents (192 +/- 64 ng/ml) occurred at 5 +/- 1 h, whereas the C(max) of mifepristone equivalents (82 +/- 25 ng/ml) occurred at 3 +/- 1 h. Following administration in gelatin capsules (35 mg/monkey), the C(max) of CDB-2914 equivalents (129 +/- 24 ng/ml) occurred at 5 +/- 1 h, while the C(max) of mifepristone equivalents (31 +/- 8 ng/ml) occurred at 3 +/- 1 h. The serum concentration (AUC(0-120 h)) of CDB-2914 equivalents was 4.7- or 5. 3-fold greater than that of mifepristone equivalents when administered orally in ASV or gelatin capsules respectively. The serum protein binding characteristics of CDB-2914 were also studied. CDB-2914 bound to human alpha(1)-acid glycoprotein (AAG), but not with as high an affinity as mifepristone. In contrast, neither CDB-2914 nor mifepristone bound with high affinity to AAG, corticosteroid binding globulin or sex hormone binding globulin in monkey serum. Collectively, these results indicated that CDB-2914 was more efficiently absorbed than mifepristone following oral administration to female rhesus monkeys. (+info)
A commentary on the effects of garlic extraction and formulation on product composition. (5/336)The garlic (Allium sativa L.) bulb has been used as a food and condiment for centuries throughout the entire world and in Egypt for perhaps 5000 years. Since the passage of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 by the U.S. Congress, it has been claimed that garlic dietary supplements possess health benefits. Support for this claim is not the primary objective of this publication. The primary objective of this article is to demonstrate that the prediction of a potential health benefit(s) from garlic is largely dependent on the process used to produce a product. (+info)
HPLC method for the determination of oxytocin in pharmaceutical dosage form and comparison with biological method. (6/336)Conditions have been established for the determination of oxytocin by the HPLC method; the method has been validated. The results of HPLC determinations are compared with those obtained by the biological method. (+info)
Impact of prepackaging antimalarial drugs on cost to patients and compliance with treatment. (7/336)OBJECTIVE: To examine the extent to which district health teams could reduce the burden of malaria, a continuing major cause of mortality and morbidity, in a situation where severe resource constraints existed and integrated care was provided. METHODS: Antimalarial drugs were prepackaged into unit doses in an attempt to improve compliance with full courses of chemotherapy. FINDINGS: Compliance improved by approximately 20% in both adults and children. There were 50% reductions in cost to patients, waiting time at dispensaries and drug wastage at facilities. The intervention, which tended to improve both case and drug management at facilities, was well accepted by health staff and did not involve them in additional working time. CONCLUSION: The prepackaging of antimalarials at the district level offers the prospect of improved compliance and a reduction in the spread of resistance. (+info)
Reversed phase-high performance liquid chromatographic (RP-HPLC) method to measure migration of semi-volatile compound, vanillin, in ipratropium bromide inhalation solution. (8/336)Ipratropium bromide, a bronchodilator, is used as an inhalation solution. Commercial ipratropium bromide solution products are packaged in low-density polyethylene (LDPE) vials, through which semivolatile compounds are reported to migrate. In this article, a specific reversed phase-high performance liquid chromatographic method to assay vanillin, a semivolatile compound, in ipratropium bromide solution is described. The method was validated for a concentration range for vanillin from 30 ng/mL to 1,600 ng/mL. Migration of vanillin was assessed in two commercial preparations, ATROVENT (ipratropium bromide) Inhalation Solution packaged in a secondary foil pouch and a generic ipratropium bromide inhalation solution packaged in a carton. Levels of vanillin detected in ATROVENT after 6 months of storage at 40 degrees C and 75% RH were below the limit of detection (11 ng/mL). Significant migration of vanillin was observed after 1 month in the generic product and reached 165 ng/mL to 999 ng/mL in three months under the same storage conditions. It is concluded that this method can be readily used to measure vanillin in commercial preparations of ipratropium bromide inhalation solution. The results strongly indicate that a protective secondary packaging material is critical in preventing migration of semivolatile compounds. This study result is in agreement with the FDA's recommendation to consider even the secondary packaging components as potential sources of contamination and the use of an overwrap (typically aluminum foil) to decrease the overall permeability. (+info)
Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology
Controlled release drug delivery system (CRDDS) have been most extensively used to improve therapy of certain drugs, but several physiological difficulties faced with CRDDS is the inability to restrain and remain in the gastric region for several hours which limit the bioavailability of drug. Hence drug delivery systems with prolonged gastric residence time (GRT) are an approach to improve bioavailability of drugs, reduction in dose thereby leading to less side/toxic effects. Many approaches have been utilized in the development of gastric retention drug delivery systems (GRDDS) such as floating system, extended system, high density system, superporus system, bioadhesive system, and magnetic system etc. This review also summarizes the in vitro and in vivo studies to evaluate the performance and application of GRDDS. These systems are useful to several problems encountered during the development of a pharmaceutical dosage form.
EPO - T 2458/09 (Pharmaceutical dosage form comprising multiple unit pellets of … of 30.6.2014
Summary of Facts and Submissions. I. European patent No. 1 562 573, based on European patent application No. 02786241.6, which was filed as international patent application published as WO 2004/043449, was granted with twenty claims.. Claim 1 as granted read as follows:. 1. A pharmaceutical dosage form comprising a plurality of pellets, wherein each pellet comprises:. a. a pellet core having a diameter within he range of 0.3-0.9 mm and comprising a tamsulosin hydrochloride, microcrystalline cellulose, a pharmaceutically acceptable water permeable acrylic polymer and water; and. b. an outer layer coat surrounding said core which comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable acid-resistant acrylic polymer, wherein wherein the mass of said outer layer coat, calculated on a dry pellet core basis, is within the range of 2.5-15%; and. wherein the plurality of pellets exhibits a dissolution release profile in simulated gastric fluid using Ph. Eur. basket method at 100 rpm which includes releasing less than ...
Application # 2011/0195121. CHRONOTHERAPEUTIC PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM - Patents.com
Patente US4462839 - Enteric coating for pharmaceutical dosage forms - Google Patentes
Highly Sensitive Square Wave Voltammetric Technique for Determination of Nepafenac in Bulk Powder, Pharmaceutical Dosage Form...
METHODS FOR MODULATING METABOLIC AND CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS - Patent application
0076] The disclosed methods contemplate the use of any dosage form of an AMPK agonist or formulation thereof that delivers the agonist(s) and achieves a desired result. Dosage forms are commonly known and are taught in a variety of textbooks, including for example, Allen et al., Ansels Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery Systems, Eighth Edition, Philadelphia, Pa.:Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005, 738 pages. Dosage forms for use in a disclosed method include, without limitation, solid dosage forms and solid modified-release drug delivery systems (e.g., powders and granules, capsules, and/or tablets); semi-solid dosage forms and transdermal systems (e.g., ointments, creams, and/or gels); transdermal drug delivery systems; pharmaceutical inserts (e.g., suppositories and/or inserts); liquid dosage forms (e.g., solutions and disperse systems); and/or sterile dosage forms and delivery systems (e.g., parenterals, and/or biologies). Particular exemplary dosage forms include aerosol ...
US20030229158A1 - Polymer composition and dosage forms comprising the same - Google Patents
A composition comprising a high molecular weight, water soluble polymer having a cloud point from about 20 to about 90° C. and a gelling polymer is provided. The composition may be used as a component of a pharmaceutical dosage form, such as the shell of a dosage form, or as an edible matrix, i.e., a pharmaceutical dosage form per se.
TREATMENT OF CROHN'S DISEASE WITH LAQUINIMOD - Patent application
0040] General techniques and compositions for making dosage forms useful in the present invention are described-in the following references: 7 Modern Pharmaceutics, Chapters 9 and 10 (Banker & Rhodes, Editors, 1979); Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms: Tablets (Lieberman et al., 1981); Ansel, Introduction to Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms 2nd Edition (1976); Remingtons Pharmaceutical Sciences, 17th ed. (Mack Publishing Company, Easton, Pa., 1985); Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences (David Ganderton, Trevor Jones, Eds., 1992); Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol 7. (David Ganderton, Trevor Jones, James McGinity, Eds., 1995); Aqueous Polymeric Coatings for Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms (Drugs and the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Series 36 (James McGinity, Ed., 1989); Pharmaceutical Particulate Carriers: Therapeutic Applications: Drugs and the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 61 (Alain Rolland, Ed., 1993); Drug Delivery to the Gastrointestinal Tract (Ellis Horwood Books in the Biological Sciences. Series in ...
Stability-indicating HPTLC determination of imatinib mesylate in bulk drug and pharmaceutical dosage</em>...
TY - BOOK. T1 - Stability-indicating HPTLC determination of imatinib mesylate in bulk drug and pharmaceutical dosage. AU - Musmade, P.. AU - Vadera, N.. AU - Subramanian, G.. N1 - cited By 0. PY - 2011. Y1 - 2011. U2 - 10.1007/978-3-642-14025-9_6. DO - 10.1007/978-3-642-14025-9_6. M3 - Book. BT - Stability-indicating HPTLC determination of imatinib mesylate in bulk drug and pharmaceutical dosage. ER - ...
Regulatory and CMC Considerations for Developing Modified Release Versions of Immediate Release Oral Solid Dosage Forms | Recro
Developing a modified release formulation of an existing immediate release oral solid dosage form is a common request. Often, modified release formulations offer patient compliance, marketing and exclusivity/patent benefits over their immediate release predecessor. What is not as obvious is that modified release dosage forms present their own unique set of complications, nuances and regulatory expectations that are not always apparent.. There are specific strategic decisions to be made with respect to the desired in vivo behavior and final dosage form that critically impact formulation strategy and process selection. For example, do you want a tablet or capsule? Once-a-day or twice-daily dosing? Sustained release or pulsatile? These decisions have multiple nuanced implications that can have significant impact on the development and approval timeline.. In addition, there are also key data elements to acquire during Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) characterization and preformulation that ...
Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology
Granulation is one of the most important unit operations in production of pharmaceutical oral dosage form. Granulation is defined as the size enlargement process in which fine and smaller particle are aggregated to form strong and stable particles called granules. A pharmaceutical organization uses different techniques such as direct compressing, wet-granulation, or dry granulation methods for the production of pharmaceutical products. The method of selection depends on the ingredients, individual characteristics and ability to flow properly, compresses, eject, and disintegrate. Granulation process transforms fine powders into free-flowing, dust-free granules that are easy to compress. Nevertheless, granulation poses numerous challenges due to high quality requirement of the formed granules in terms of content uniformity and physicochemical properties such as granule size, bulk density, porosity, hardness, moisture, compressibility, etc. apart from physical and chemical stability of the drug.
Determining Potency of Preclinical Dose Formulations | Pharmaceutical Technology
The role of solid state characterization in predicting stability of solid dosage forms<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - The role of solid state characterization in predicting stability of solid dosage forms. AU - Szabó, Péter. AU - Zelkó, Romána. AU - Antal, István. PY - 2016/9/1. Y1 - 2016/9/1. N2 - Stability of a dosage form is its ability to preserve its quality attributes within preset limits. The time span over which these attributes remain within specifications is the shelf-life of the drug product. Stability is a very complex feature and is influenced not only by the stability of the drug substance but also by the stability of excipients and the interaction of the components within the system. Another important contributing factor is the packaging material, which is responsible for the protection of the drug product. Not only drug substances, but also excipients are susceptible to different degradation mechanisms. Amorphous polymers, a relatively frequently used group of excipients, are especially prone to physical instability. Through the process of physical ageing, a slow volume and ...
injectable dosage forms list - injectable dosage forms for sale
Current Advances in Drug Delivery Through Fast Dissolving/Disintegrating Dosage Forms
Fast Dissolving/Disintegrating Dosage Forms (FDDFs) have been commercially available since the late 1990s. FDDFs were initially available as orodispersible tablets, and later, as orodipsersible films for treating specific populations (pediatrics, geriatrics, and psychiatric patients). Granules, pellets and mini tablets are among latest additions to these dosage forms, which are still in the development pipeline. As drug delivery systems, FDDFs enable quicker onset of action, immediate drug delivery, and sometimes offer bioavailability benefits due to buccal/sublingual absorption. With time, FDDF have evolved to deliver drugs in a sustained and controlled manner. Their current market and application is increasing in demands with advances in age adapted dosage forms for different patients and changing regulatory requirements that warrant mandatory assessments of new drugs and drug products before commercial availability ...
Solid Dosage Form That Promotes Reliable Oral, Esophageal and GI Transit - FUISZ RICHARD C.
Parpati Kalpa: A Pharmaceutical Dosage Form
Patent US7635490 - Modified release dosage form - Google Patents
The invention provides a dosage form comprising at least one active ingredient, and first core and second cores surrounded by and separated by a shell. The dosage form provides a delay of at least one hour between the initial release of active ingredient contained in said first core and the initial release of active ingredient contained in said second core after contacting of the dosage form with a liquid medium.
Patent US4383993 - Nasal dosage forms containing natural female sex hormones - Google Patents
The invention relates to a novel method of administering the natural female sex hormones, 17 β-estradiol and progesterone, to achieve enhanced bioavailability thereof. The invention further relates to novel dosage forms of 17 β-estradiol and/or progesterone which are adapted for nasal administration, such as solutions, suspensions, gels and ointments. The dosage forms containing a combination of 17 β-estradiol and progesterone are particularly useful as contraceptives, while the dosage forms containing only one of the hormonal components find utility in the treatment of conditions such as menopause, menstrual disorders, etc., which are known to respond to administration of a natural or synthetic female hormone.
Guidance for industry : incorporation of physical-chemical identifiers into solid oral dosage form drug products for...
Solid Dosage Forms Pharmaceutical Production Facility | WSP
Oral Dosage Form Comprising Rosiglitazone - Re, Vincenzo
DE102007011485A1 - Dosage form with more difficult abuse - Google Patents
The present invention relates to a multiparticulate dosage form with difficult abuse, comprising at least one active substance with abuse potential (A), at least one synthetic or natural polymer (C), optionally at least one synthetic, semisynthetic or synthetic wax (D), at least one disintegrant (E) and optionally one or more other physiologically acceptable excipients (B), wherein the individual particles of the dosage form have a breaking strength of at least 500 N and an active ingredient release of at least 75% after 45 minutes measured according to Pharm. Eur. in the Blattrühepparatur with sinker in 600 ml of aqueous buffer solution with a pH of 1.2 at 37 ° C and 75 revolutions per minute.
Clinical- and Immunological Activity, Safety and Tolerability of Different Doses / Formulations of AFFITOPE AD02 in Early...
This is a multiple vaccination study to find out if it is a safe treatment and what effects it has on the symptoms of early Alzheimers disease in male and female patients aged 50 to 80 years. Approximately 40 study sites in Europe will be involved. Patients will be randomized to receive either AFFITOPE AD02 or placebo. Each patients participation will last 1 year ...
Patent US7457685 - Preparing for individualized dosage forms of medicaments - Google Patents
The invention relates to methods for preparing individualized dosage forms of medicines, vitamins, mineral supplements and nutraceuticals in capsule or liquid form. The invention also relates to a system for preparing individualized dosage forms in which a processor is configured to identify a medicament formulation for an individual patients dosaging needs and communicates this formulation information to a dispensing station where a capsule or a formulation of pellets of small diameter size for reconstitution into a liquid or semi-solid is formed that is specific to the individuals dosaging needs.
Glide Technologies Announces Successful Clinical Proof-of-Concept Study with its Novel Octreotide Solid Dose Formulation...
Brevet EP3167868A1 - Tamperproof dosage form - Google Brevets
A tamperproof dosage form for oral administration comprising a cap and a body each comprising an outer surface and an inner surface, the cap and body being arranged to telescopically engage with each other such that an overlap region is formed between a portion of the outer surface of the body and a portion of the inner surface of the cap, said overlap region comprising an overlap length extending parallel to a centerline of said dosage form, wherein an adhesive substance is comprised throughout at least a portion of the overlap length bonding said cap to said body. The adhesive substance being essentially free of organic solvent.
Pharmaceutical formulation containing gelling agent - Patent
Disclosed in certain embodiments is a controlled release oral dosage form comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a drug susceptible to abuse together with one or more pharmaceutically acceptable excipients; the dosage form further including a gelling agent in an effective amount to impart a viscosity unsuitable for administration selected from the group consisting of parenteral and nasal administration to a solubilized mixture formed when the dosage form is crushed and mixed with from about 0.5 to about 10 ml of an aqueous liquid; the dosage form providing a therapeutic effect for at least about 12 hours when orally administered to a human patient.
Pharma Science Monitor
Patent US20080118571 - Modified release analgesic suspensions - Google Patents
A pharmaceutical dosage form comprising non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory drugs, in particular propionic acid derivatives such as ibuprofen, along with a second active ingredient having a shorter therapeutically effective plasma concentration duration, such as phenylephrine, and methods of administering the same are provided. This method provides improved therapeutic effect, in particular pain relief along with decongestant relief, over extended time periods.
A review of the applications of OCT for analysing pharmaceutical film coatings - Strathprints
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) has recently attracted a lot of interest in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry as a fast, contactless and non-destructive modality for quantifying thin film coatings on pharmaceutical dosage forms, which cannot be resolved easily with other techniques. In this topical review, we present an overview of the research that has been performed to date, highlighting key differences between systems and outlining major challenges ahead. ...
RJPT - Development and Validation of UV Spectroscopic method for the determination of Sonidegib in Bulk and Pharmaceutical...
Two simple UV method was developed for the determination of sonidegib in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. The method involves the Zero and First order derivative. Sonidegib has ?max 277nm in zero order. In first order the wavelength selected was 293nm. The methods were found to be linear between the range of 3-15µg/ml for Sonidegib in methanol. The Zero and First-order derivative methods shows good linearity in the above concentration range and correlation coefficient is 0.9994 and 0.9998, respectively.
Brevet US3965256 - Slow release pharmaceutical compositions - Google Brevets
Slow release pharmaceutical compositions comprising a combination of a higher aliphatic alcohol and a hydrated hydroxy-alkyl cellulose in ratio of from 2:1 to 4:1 parts by weight and comprising from 20 to 40 percent by weight of the composition; the method for making the same, and their inclusion in pharmaceutical dosage forms intended for oral administration, to provide a slow release of a therapeutically active compound during a predetermined period of time of from 5 to 10 hours, after oral ingestion by humans and animals.
PPT - FDA Update PowerPoint Presentation - ID:3336764
FDA Update. Randy Levin, MD and William A. Hess, CAPT USPHS HL7 16th Annual Working Group Meeting Baltimore, MD October 2002. FDA Update. New Ingredient Dictionary Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms E2BM Data Elements Labeling Effort NDC. FDA Update. New Ingredient Dictionary History Need Slideshow 3336764 by zyta
Pharma Science Monitor
Planit : Courses : Pharmacy Services (West College Scotland)
Electrohydrodynamic Atomization Technologies In Pharmaceutical Development; Recent Advances And Future Directions | 62755
Controlled Engineering of Highly Aligned Fibrous Dosage Form Matrices for Controlled Release
In this study, complex drug-cellulose acetate (CA) composite films were designed and fabricated possessing pre-determined grid spacing for inter-connected fibrous films. Ibuprofen (IBU) was selected as the active ingredient. and grid spacing was varied between 300 to 500μm (fiber diameter~35μm) for various geometries. Process parameter impact on fiber morphology and deposition was investigated. FTIR confirmed IBU encapsulation and XRD analysis indicated the drug was dispersed (amorphous) in films. Inter-connected grid void geometry was shown to impact water contact behavior, and drug release mechanism was shown to be Fickian diffusion. Furthermore, drug release rate depended on geometry of engineered structures. The findings suggest a spatial design approach for modulated drug release from bespoke drug delivery dosage forms ...
Some unusual dosage forms
Bachem - Bachem to supply ISA Pharmaceuticals with finished dosage forms immunotherapeutic HPV-SLP for phase III clinical trials
A Critical Review of Standardization of Ayurvedic Dosage Form Kwatha - Part - II: Approaches and Outcome | International...
A Kwatha, decoction, is one of the most used classical Ayurvedic dosage forms. It is a liquid preparation to be freshly consumed. For this preparation the raw material, mostly herbs or a group of herbs are extracted in water by boiling them for a specific time span. This is second part of the review paper on Ayurvedic Kwatha - herbal decoction to review and consider various approaches and their outcomes for the standardization. It provides information and reference data for the standardization of decoction across conventional methods and new techniques and explains how this classical process has evolved within new pharmaceutical developments. Many Ayurvedic production units appear to have adapted to newer manufacturing technologies including fermentation techniques. This paper explores the scope for application of newer technologies for the purpose of better standardization and novel product applications. Application of Kwathas nano-drug delivery systems have a promising potential to enhance ...
Dosage Form Calculation Nursing Practice Granules Examples Unit Definition Forms And Routes Of Administration Quizlet...
EMA publishes Concept Paper on the Revision of the Finished Dosage Form Guideline - ECA Academy
Indirect Potentiometric Titration Of Isoniazid In Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms Using A Copper Based Mercury Film Electrode |...
EPO - T 1217/04 (Rapidly dissolving dosage form/NOVARTIS) of 1.2.2008
Summary of Facts and Submissions. I. European patent application No. 00 960 455.4, based on international patent application PCT/EP00/07934 and published as WO 01/12161, was refused by a decision of the examining division on the basis of Article 97(1) EPC 1973 for lack of novelty under Article 54 EPC 1973 with respect to claim 12 of the main request and lack of inventive step with respect to claim 12 of the auxiliary request under Article 56 EPC 1973.. The wording of claims 1 to 11 of the main request and independent claim 12 of the auxiliary request before the examining division was:. 1. A process for the manufacture of a solid dosage form which is rapidly dissolving in aqueous medium, which process comprises. (a) preparing a powder or granulate consisting of. (1) either the active substance - or part thereof - and all other ingredients of the solid dosage form; or. (2) all other ingredients of the solid dosage form except the active substance;. (b) dispensing. (1) either an auxiliary solvent ...
High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatographic Determination of Etoricoxib in the Bulk Drug and in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form -...
A sensitive, accurate, precise, and stability-indicating high-performance thin-layer chromatographic method has been established and validated for analysis of etoricoxib in both bulk drug and formulations. Chromatography is performed on aluminum-backed silica gel 60F254 plates with toluene-1,4-dioxane-methanol 8.5:1.0:0.5 (v/v) as mobile phase. This system furnished compact bands for etoricoxib (R F 0.24). Rofecoxib (RF 0.38) was used as internal standard. Densitometric analysis of etoricoxib was performed in absorbance mode at 235 nm. Linear regression data for the calibration plots showed there was a good linear relationship between response and amount of etoricoxib in the range 100-1500 ng per band; the correlation coefficient was 0.9922 ± 0.001. The mean values of the slope and intercept of the plot were 280.14 ± 0.26 and 320.01 ± 0.22, respectively. The method was validated for precision, accuracy, ruggedness, and recovery. The limits of detection and quantitation were 30 and 100 ng per ...
Validated RP-UFLC Method Development of Paclitaxel in Pure and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form | Pharmaceutical Methods
Abstract:. Introduction: An accurate, precise and rapid method for analysis and quantification of paclitaxel by reverse phase ultra-fast liquid chromatography (RP UFLC) was developed and validated. Paclitaxel in bulk and formulations were analyzed and quantified. Methods: Paclitaxel in bulk and formulations were analyzed on phenomenex C18 column (250 mm×4.6 mm i.d., 5 μm particle size) as stationary phase. Mobile phase was composed of acetonitrile and phosphate buffer pH 4.5 in the ratio 50:50 at a flow rate of 1.0 mL/min. Elutes were analyzed using PDA detector at a detection wavelength of 282 nm. The proposed method was validated by ICH harmonized Tripartite guidelines, Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology Q2 (R1). Results: In this study, the chromatographic peaks of paclitaxel showed good resolution with retention time of 6.5 min. Paclitaxel showed an excellent linearity with 0.994 of correlation coefficient. Other validation parameters including precision, specificity, ...
Oral Solid Dosage Forms (OSDF) and Pharma Excipients Market for Polymers (MCC, HPMC, CMC, Ethyl Cellulose, Povidone and Others)...
See on Scoop.it - Transparenc Market Research [108 Pages Premium Report] Pharma Excipients Market and Oral Solid Dosage Forms (OSDF) for Polymers (MCC, HPMC, CMC, Ethyl Cellulose, Povidone and Others), Alcohols (Glycerin, Sorbitol, Mannitol, Propylene Glycol), Minerals (Clay, Silicon Dioxide,...Transparency Market Researchs insight:Market Research Reports : Transparency Market Research published new market report Oral Solid…
Digoxin Dosage Forms - Digoxin Oral To Iv Dose Conversion
Further the theory of the conversion of cholesterine into stercorine. buy cheap digoxin. digoxin toxicity level ati. clear brilliantly illuminated by stars and moon and cold by com. lanoxin dosage forms. digoxin side effects blood pressure. lanoxin y3b pill. that they do so rather for their own selfish purposes than for the. early side effects digoxin elderly. In most of the cases of migrain observed by Brown S quard the. digoxin dosage forms. the investigation. It might have seemed a self evident truth that. digoxin lanoxin classification. impact will forever be embossed upon our placard of achievement. Rising up. digoxin side effects usmle. out their entire length by the single plane surfaoe which each possesses.. digoxin dosage form available. hand and a state of impaired innervation ouihe other are of oourae. digoxin drug class. tion of the equal claims of colonial graduates from. digoxin toxicity treatment dialysis. run. The running is to start the circulation and remove the numbness ...
OPUS 4 | Search
Oral drug delivery is the preferred route of administration for the majority of drugs. Solid dosage forms arewell-accepted because of ease of administration, accurate dosing and high degree of patient compliance. The orodispersible technology platform has attracted increasing interest. Fast disintegrating in the mouth before swallowing, orodispersible dosage forms like orodispersible tablets (ODTs) address the need for patient-compliant medicines. ODTs represent a convenient alternative to conventional tablets or capsules. ODTs are an interesting approach when a rapid onset of therapeutic action is important. So far, ODTs have often been considered as an innovative variant of conventional oral solid dosage forms. Still, the development of ODT formulations is typically assisted by compendial in vitro test methods. However, the techniques described in international pharmacopoeias are non-specific for ODTs. After administration, the dispersion of an ODT in the mouth may provide effects which might ...
Black Cohosh, Cimicifuga racemosa oral dosage forms
VALIOS 5 MG/10 MG/15 MG/20 MG ORODISPERSIBLE TABLETS (INITIATION PACK) | Drugs.com
Press Release: MilliporeSigma Introduces Parteck® SRP 80 Excipient for Sustained-Release Oral Solid Dose Formulations
Dosage Forms - Dosage Form Summary Report | CureHunter
Dosage Forms: Completed forms of the pharmaceutical preparation in which prescribed doses of medication are included. They are designed to resist action by gastric fluids, prevent vomiting and nausea, reduce or alleviate the undesirable taste and smells associated with oral administration, achieve a high concentration of drug at target site, or produce a delayed or long-acting drug effect. They include CAPSULES; LINIMENTS; OINTMENTS; PHARMACEUTICAL SOLUTIONS; POWDERS; TABLETS; etc.
zithromax dosage forms ppt presentation | Canadian Discounted Pharmacy | how long to see propecia results photo
viagra 50 mg durata effetto paracetamolo compresse Uniformity of mass of doses taken with a measure from multidose container. Elixir: Spirit that has been sweetened and/or flavored. To protect ourselves and to funzionalita learn more about different diseases, tablet people try to find any information in the Internet. Powders : powders These are preparations consisting of solid side use dry patients particles of varying degree of fineness, containing one or more active ingredients, with or without excipients and coloring matter flavors. When mixed with liquid, release carbon dioxide, causing effervescence (bubbling) drug dosage forms (drug preparations) dogane Aqueous solutions: Drug(s) dissolve in - water or normal saline Alcoholic solutions: Drug(s) dissolve in alcohol drug dosage forms Aqueous solutions:.g. Not more than 2 deviate by 10 and none. A urethral suppository is called a - bougie. The free downloading is a great advantage for york our site. Compressed Tablet : Compressed Tablet ...
A Pilot Study of a New PEG3350 Dose Formulation For Use in Constipated Children - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies. ...
Oral Liquid Dosage | Dow Pharma Solutions
Evaluation of water uptake and mechanical properties of blended polymer films for preparing gas-generated multiple-unit...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Evaluation of water uptake and mechanical properties of blended polymer films for preparing gas-generated multiple-unit floating drug delivery systems. AU - Chen, Ying Chen. AU - Lee, Lin Wen. AU - Ho, Hsiu O.. AU - Sha, Chen. AU - Sheu, Ming Thau. PY - 2012/10. Y1 - 2012/10. N2 - Among various strategies of gastroretentive drug delivery systems (DDSs) developed to prolong the gastric residence time and to increase the overall bioavailability, effervescent multiple-unit floating DDSs (muFDDSs) were studied here. These systems consist of drug (losartan)- and effervescent (sodium bicarbonate)-containing pellets coated with a blended polymeric membrane, which was a mixture of gastrointestinal tract (GIT)-soluble and GIT-insoluble polymers. The addition of GIT-soluble polymers, such as hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 6000, PEG 600, and Kollicoat® IR, greatly increased the water uptake ability of the GIT-insoluble polymers (Eudragit® NE, RS, and RL; ...
MULTIPARTICULATE DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM THESIS
December 2017 - When will the TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE patents expire, and when will generic TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE enter the market?
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice. ...
Kefurox Powder For Solution For Injection 1.5G Drug Medication Dosage Information
Effervescent Dosage Manufacturing
Quantification of three macrolide antibiotics in pharmaceutical lots by HPLC: Development, validation and application to a...
A new validated high performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) method with rapid analysis time and high efficiency, for the analysis of erythromycin, azithromycin and spiramycin, under isocratic conditions with ODB RP18 as a stationary phase is described. Using an eluent composed of acetonitrile -2-methyl-2-propanol -hydrogenphosphate buffer, pH 6.5, with 1.5% triethylamine (33:7: up to 100, v/v/v), delivered at a flow-rate of 1.0 mL min-1. Ultra Violet (UV) detection is performed at 210 nm. The selectivity is satisfactory enough and no problematic interfering peaks are observed. The procedure is quantitatively characterized and repeatability, linearity, detection and quantification limits are very satisfactory. The method is applied successfully for the assay of the studied drugs in pharmaceutical dosage forms as tablets and powder for oral suspension. Recovery experiments revealed recovery of 97.13-100.28%.. ...
Buy Levitra Orodispersible Tablets - Online Doctor | euroClinix
M.S. in Pharmaceutics - Industrial Pharmacy | LIU
Goal 1: Demonstrate acquisition of knowledge of fundamental concepts in pharmaceutics/industrial pharmacy.. 1.1 List and explain physical and chemical properties of solvents and solutes that affect solubility, stability, and other biopharmaceutic properties/behaviors used in the development of dosage forms.. 1.2 Describe the important factors necessary for the design, manufacture and evaluation of various dosage forms and other drug delivery systems.. 1.3 Develop, validate and apply different instrumental analytical techniques toward the analysis of drug substances in various dosage forms.. 1.4 Identify and explain the principles that govern absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drug substances, and the factors that influence these processes.. Goal 2: Integrate advanced knowledge and concepts in pharmaceutical sciences.. 2.1 Demonstrate the ability to interpret and analyze data.. 2.2 Design, manufacture and evaluate dosage forms and other drug delivery systems.. 2.3 Characterize ...
Oral Solid Dosage Forms (OSDF) And Pharma Excipients Market - Forecast to 2018 | news.sys-con.com
For a detailed understanding of the market, the excipients market has been divided into overall excipients and oral solid-dosage-form (OSDF) The report comprises a detailed analysis and forecast of the excipients market on a global as well as regional level. On a global level, the forecast demand is based on volume (tons) and revenue (USD million) for the period ranging from 2012 to 2018. For an insightful understanding of the market on a regional level, the demand has been forecasted based on volume (tons) and revenue (USD million). The study consists of drivers and restraints of the excipients market and their impact on the growth of the market over the forecast period. In addition, the study takes into account opportunities available on a global and regional level and its effect on the market over the forecast period ...
HPLC METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION FOR ESTIMATION OF RIFABUTIN IN BULK AND CAPSULE DOSAGE FORM | INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF...
Abstract A selective, accurate, HPLC method was developed by this study for the determination of rifabutin in bulk and capsule dosage form. This method was developed by SHIMADZU LC-2010 HT using C18 column in solvents methanol: acetonitrile: ammonium acetate buffer (50: 45: 05) as mobile phase. At 1.0 ml/min flow rate the mobile phase was pumped, and the sample was detected at 278 nm. For standard rifabutin the retention time was 4.8 min. The method was validated for analytical standards such as linearity, accuracy, precision, and robustness. In a wide range of 5-25 (µg/ml) the linearity was observed. The method was validated, and a recovery study indicates accuracy of this method.. ...
Research - Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology - Ghent University
The research is focused on the development of innovative drug dosage forms (mainly solid dosage forms) for human application as well as for veterinary use. These dosage forms are based on pharmaceutical accepted excipients used as such or as mixtures to impart specific drug release properties (immediate, controlled or sustained release) to the formulation ...
FDA Guidance for Industry: SUPAC-SS: Nonsterile Semisolid Dosage Forms; Scale-Up and Post-Approval Changes: Chemistry,...
Applications filed at Jun 08 2017 | Nanoparticulate Meloxicam Formulations | Patents.com
ABUSE DETERRENT IMMEDIATE RELEASE COATED RESERVOIR SOLID DOSAGE FORM | FORMULATIONS FOR ENHANCED BIOAVAILABILITY OF ORALLY ADMINISTERED POLAR AGENTS | ACID RESISTANT CAPSULE SHELL COMPOSITION, ACID RESISTANT CAPSULE SHELL AND ITS PREPARING PROCESS | GRAFT MATERIAL AND METHOD FOR PREPARING SAME | ORAL DOSAGE FORMS OF METHYL HYDROGEN FUMARATE AND PRODRUGS THEREOF |
Development of Biopharmaceutical Parenteral Dosage Forms - Ebok - Cosimo Prantera, Burton I Korelitz (9780585378008) | Bokus
Valerian, Valeriana officinalis oral dosage forms
Solid dosage form: Semi solids - Mindmap in University Other
Azithromycin Liquid Dosage
Whitepaper] Real Time Particle Size Measurement on a Pelletization Process | Eyecon₂ | Innopharma Technology
The direct pelletization process is a fast and flexible operation with the potential to produce high quality particles appropriate for sophisticated oral solid dose formulations where a narrow particle size distribution is required. Traditional methods are too slow or subjective and therefore may be an unacceptable risk for use as an in-process control in a control strategy. An at-line direct imaging method with automated high-speed image analysis can be practically used during processing to accurately predict the process end-point with fast objective PSD data, supported by particle images, to significantly improve process optimisation and control.. ...
Dose dumping is defined as "Unintended, rapid drug release in a short period of time of the entire amount or a significant fraction of the drug contained in a modified release dosage form1." A sustained/extended/controlled release dosage form is intended to release the drug in desired concentrations for a prolonged period of time. A dosage form is said to be dose dumped when there is an excess release of drug at a particular time interval other than the stated or required amount. This results in higher systemic drug concentrations that may result in toxicity. ...
Pharmaceutical Development - Early Phase - Almac
Production locations | DFE Pharma
Foxhol is located in the north of the Netherlands at the site of AVEBE (Potato starch cooperative). In 2003 DFE Pharma acquired the Primojel® and Primellose® business from AVEBE. Over the years DFE Pharma has implemented several improvements to guarantee product quality and ensure a reliable supply. Due to ongoing market growth in 2011 we expanded our production capacity and do have thereby a new, state-of-the-art facility. Our plant in Foxhol produces superdisintegrants for solid dose formulations ...
Dermatology | Compounding Pharmacy in Phoenix AZ and Glendale AZ
Compounding pharmacists continue to improve both the aesthetic and therapeutic aspects of customized medications, offering alternatives and advantages for dermatology. We can compound medications into cosmetically appealing creams, topical sprays and powders, as well as create customized oral dosage forms (such as flavored troches or lollipops) and various preparations for other routes of administration. Compatible drugs can be combined into a single dosage form to simplify a medication administration schedule and improve compliance. USP approved chemicals can be utilized to enhance the absorption of topically applied medications. We commonly prepare unique formulations that physicians develop to meet specific needs of their patient population, or "tried and true" formulas acquired during medical training.. The following list is just a few of the preparations that we can compound for dermatology. We work together with prescriber and patient to solve problems, and all formulations are customized ...
Pharmaceutical Microbiology: Solid Dosage and Excipients eBook
Pharmaceutical Technology has released an eBook called "Solid Dosage and Excipients." The examines how advances in technology, equipment, excipients, analytical techniques, software, and manufacturing practices are facilitating the development, scale up, manufacturing, efficacy, and delivery of solid- and semi-solid dosage forms ...
Orodispersible Films for Compounding Pharmacies - pharma excipients
Gastrointestinal Health and Solid Dosage Formulations (PHAR2203) / Course / The University of Newcastle, Australia
Boy, 8, dies after pharmacy allegedly gave medication dosage 1,000 times higher than prescribed - AOL News
Method for treating ophthalmic disease through fast dispersing dosage forms - Patent # 6297240 - PatentGenius
This invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions for oral administration comprising a carrier and, as active ingredient, an ophthalmologically active compound, characterized in that the composition is formulated to promote pre-gastric absorption of the ophthalmologically active compound. A process for preparing such compositions and the use of such compositions for the treatment of ophthalmic diseases, particularly diseases caused by elevated intro-ocular pressure, such as ocular hypertension and glaucoma, are also provided.
Dosage forms. Omeprazole 10-mg, from UK. Omeprazole is available as tablets and capsules (containing omeprazole or ... It is also available for use in injectable form (IV) in Europe, but not in the U.S. The injection pack is a combination pack ... doubling the concentration of the active form. This chiral shift is accomplished by the CYP2C19 isozyme of cytochrome P450 ... Clopidogrel is an inactive prodrug that partially depends on CYP2C19 for conversion to its active form. Inhibition of CYP2C19 ...
Tablet (pharmacy) Schwartz, Joseph; Lieberman, Herbert A.; Lachman, Leon (1989). Pharmaceutical dosage forms--tablets. New York ... To form a tablet, the granulated material must be metered into a cavity formed by two punches and a die, and then the punches ... solid oral dosage forms. New York, N.Y: Marcel Dekker. ISBN 0-8247-5460-3. "Punches and Dies for Tabletting". PharmaCMC. UXM. ... A tablet is formed by the combined pressing action of two punches and a die. In the first step of a typical operation, the ...
Loyd Allen; Howard C. Ansel (23 December 2013). Ansel's Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery Systems (Tenth ed.). ... "Ophthalmic drug dosage forms: characterisation and research methods". TheScientificWorldJournal. 2014: 1-14. doi:10.1155/2014/ ... Medication may be placed in a solid form. Examples are deodorant, antiperspirants, astringents, and hemostatic agents. Some ... marketing department chooses to list on the label of a topical medication might be completely different from what the form ...
Dosage forms varied for santonin; in the 19th-20th centuries, santonin lozenges or suppositories designed for single-dosage ... The bicyclic decalin ring system is formed via the eudesmyl cation followed by hydroxylation at C1. Further oxidation at C3 ... When heated to 170 °C. (338 °F.), santonin melts, and forms, if rapidly cooled, an amorphous mass, which instantly crystallizes ... Germacratrien-12-oic acid is then hydroxylated at C6 subsequently followed by lactonization forming (+)-costunolide. It was ...
Developing Solid Oral Dosage Forms. Academic Press. ISBN 978-0-444-53242-8. "Pharmaceutical Drug Formulation, Development & ... a wide range of excipients may be blended together to create the final blend used to manufacture the solid dosage form. The ... After the evaluation phase, a solution must be developed to deliver the drug in its required form such as solid, semi-solid, ... There are a number of reasons for this, including increasing homogeneity and dosage uniformity, increasing bioavailability, and ...
Dosage formsEdit. Acetylcysteine is available in different dosage forms for different indications:. *Solution for inhalation ( ... and a certain form of epilepsy (progressive myoclonic). Tentative evidence also supports use in ... Acetylcysteine is available as a health supplement in the United States, typically in capsule form. ... The skin may occasionally become red and itchy with either form. A non-immune type of anaphylaxis may also occur. It ...
The smaller the size of the particle, the better the physical stability of the dosage form owing to the Brownian motion of the ... Particle size and surface area influence the release of a drug from a dosage form that is administered orally, rectally ... Clinically, the particle size of a drug can affect its release from dosage forms that are administered orally, parenterally, ... ISBN 0-8247-9372-2. Carstensen, Jens Thurø (1993). Pharmaceutical principles of solid dosage forms. Lancaster, Pa: Technomic ...
October 2012). "Biowaiver monographs for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: ketoprofen". Journal of Pharmaceutical ... free form), freely soluble in ethanol (free form), soluble/freely soluble in water (salt forms); sensitive to degradation by ... Comes in free form, aluminium and lysine salt forms; fairly insoluble in water (1 in 300); highly soluble (1 in 5) in alcohol; ... Comes in free acid form and aluminium salt form; anthranilic acid.. As per diclofenac.. Topical.. N/A. Soft tissue inflammation ...
Rathbone, Michael J.; Hadgraft, Jonathan; Roberts, Michael S. (2002). "The Zydis Oral Fast-Dissolving Dosage Form". Modified- ... Its use is now restricted to the relief of nausea and vomiting and the dosage and duration of use have been reduced. It should ... To induce lactation, domperidone is used at a dosage of 10 to 20 mg 3 or 4 times per day by mouth. Effects may be seen ... 1999 - Domperidone was introduced in the forms of orally disintegrating tablets (based on Zydis technology). ...
The technology's first commercial application was in August, 1993, when a new dosage form of Pepcidine (famotidine) from Merck ... A new formulation of Pepcidine (famotidine), utilizing R P Scherer's Zydis fast-dissolving dosage form technology, has been ... Rathbone, Michael J.; Hadgraft, Jonathan; Roberts, Michael S. (2002). "The Zydis Oral Fast-Dissolving Dosage Form". Modified- ... Allen, Lloyd (2014). "Tablets". Ansel's Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery Systems. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. p ...
A tablet is a pharmaceutical dosage forms. Tablets may be defined as the solid unit dosage form of medicament or medicaments ... The compressed tablet is the most popular dosage form in use today. About two-thirds of all prescriptions are dispensed as ... An orally disintegrating tablet or orodispersible tablet (ODT), is a drug dosage form available for a limited range of over-the ... A pill was originally defined as a small, round, solid pharmaceutical oral dosage form of medication. The oldest known pills ...
dead link] Rathbone, Michael J.; Hadgraft, Jonathan; Roberts, Michael S. (2002). "The Zydis Oral Fast-Dissolving Dosage Form". ... In 2013, loperamide in the form of 2 mg tablets was added to WHO Model List of Essential Medicines. It is sold as a generic ... The drug was approved in June 1997 by the FDA as Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief in the form of a chewable tablet. In November ... Imodium Instant Melts from Johnson & Johnson is currently the only loperamide available in the form of orally disintegrating ...
Tablet hardness testing
Verification and validation
Tubex (syringe cartridge)
ansels pharmaceutical dosage form p.g # 371 Wolverton, S. Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy. p. 13.) "Doctor, why are you ... Baranowski, P; Karolewicz, B; Gajda, M; Pluta, J (2014). "Ophthalmic drug dosage forms: characterisation and research methods ... Medication may be placed in a solid form. Examples are deodorant, antiperspirants, astringents, and hemostatic agents. Some ... marketing department chooses to list on the label of a topical medication might be completely different from what the form ...
Lett., 2011, 13, 4898 Wheate, Nial; Limantoro, Christina (2016). "Cucurbit[n]urils as excipients in pharmaceutical dosage forms ... Inverted cucurbiturils form as a side-product in CB-forming reactions, with yields between 2 and 0.4%. Isolation of this type ... The cavitand forms a positively charged inclusion compound with a potassium ion or a hydronium ion respectively which have much ... CB forms a complex 2:1 (guest:host) with (E)-diaminostilbene dihydrochloride which is accommodated by CB's larger ...
FDA warning letter
CGMP charges involving all dosage forms, including medical gases; CGMP charges involving inspections of facilities for ... Unlike the Form FDA 483, the warning letter cites regulatory references for each violation. The warning letter acknowledges ... All district office must use the CMS to submit the warning letter recommendation, the Form FDA 483 that supports the alleged ...
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
"In the preparation of such low-dosed dosage forms, strong fluctuations of the active ingredient concentrations in the dosage ... It has now been found that the drawbacks that are observed especially in the preparation and storage of dosage forms which ... August 25, 1998). "Solid dosage forms that contain clathrates of 17.alpha.-ethinyl estradiol". Archived from the original on ... if dosage forms are prepared that contain powdery cyclodextrin clathrates of these active ingredients." The settlement of the ...
GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulator
Barbiturates showed some hydrolytic problems in regard to formulation of liquid dosage forms. The difficulty is -OH catalyzed ... Several efficient benzodiazepines offer choices about dosage form, length of action, metabolic interaction and safety. ... S(-) form of barbiturate have shown more depressant activity while the R(+) isomers have an excitatory effect. ... The second and third transmembrane domains of the β subunit appear to be critical; binding may involve a pocket formed by β- ...
January 2012). "Comparison of electrospun and extruded Soluplus®-based solid dosage forms of improved dissolution". Journal of ... These binding agents are able to interact with target species forming an agglomerate. Applying an external magnetic field ... Another system for microRNA delivery under preliminary research is nanoparticles formed by the self-assembly of two different ...
Category leaders utilize this as the dosage form of choice. Other organizations within the category offer ... Due to tolerance challenges, the prenatal vitamin industry has developed a multitude of dosage forms to meet the needs and ... The increased dosage of folic acid or folates reflects the American Dietetic Associations position that women should consume ... For example, many prescription prenatal vitamins will contain a more bioavailable form of folate; 5- ...
Producing complex dosage forms would require an approved application and compliance with cGMP standards, along with other ... But while fewer pharmacists are trained and experienced in the relevant skills anymore; especially regarding oral dosage forms ... dosage form and strength, and other key information. Regarding traditional/patient-specific compounding, the practice of "off- ... complex dosage forms such as extended release products; transdermal patches; liposomal products; most biologics; and other ...
... when used in an inhalant dosage form. The product delivers in each 800 milliliters of air 0.04 to 0.150 milligrams of ... Levomethamphetamine[note 1] is the levorotatory (L-enantiomer) form of methamphetamine. Levomethamphetamine is a ... depending on the subject's metabolism and dosage. L-methamphetamine metabolizes completely into L-amphetamine after a period of ...
The pills are created from sulfate salts and are sold in dosages of 100, 200, 333, and 400 mg of indinavir. It is normally used ... Unboosted indinavir requires a very precise dosing of 400 mg every eight hours to thwart HIV from forming drug-resistant ... "Crixivan (Indinavir Sulfate): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses". RxList. Retrieved 2018-11-08.. ... that are necessary for the HIV virions cannot form. Eventually, the viral load decreases because of the lack of reproduction.[1 ...
Positron emission tomography
More modern scanners now include multiple rings, essentially forming a cylinder of detectors. ... radiation dosage for other medical procedures range from 0.02 mSv for a chest x-ray and 6.5-8 mSv for a CT scan of the chest.[ ... whose mitochondrial form is greatly elevated in rapidly growing malignant tumors). A typical dose of FDG used in an oncological ... in place of earlier equipment that offered a crude form of CT using a gamma ray (positron emitting) source and the PET ...
... inversa (L. invertō, "upside-down") and acne rosacea (rosa, "rose-colored" + -āceus, "forming") are not forms of acne and ... with one study finding that a high dosage reduced inflammatory acne lesions by 73%. However, spironolactone and ... Many over-the-counter treatments in many forms are available, which are often known as cosmeceuticals. Certain types of ... Topical and oral preparations of nicotinamide (the amide form of vitamin B3) are alternative medical treatments. ...
Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
... , also known as L-thyroxine, is a manufactured form of the thyroid hormone, thyroxine (T4). It is used to ... Other predictors of the required dosage are sex, BMI, deiodinase activity (SPINA-GD) and etiology of hypothyroidism. Annual ... Available forms. Levothyroxine for systemic administration is available as an oral tablet, an intramuscular injection, ... Dosages vary according to the age groups and the individual condition of the person, body weight and compliance to the ...
The dosage of radiation applied in radiography varies by procedure. For example, the effective dosage of a chest x-ray is 0.1 ... Both are forms of electromagnetic radiation. The difference between various forms of electromagnetic energy is related to the ... Röntgen discovered X-rays' medical use when he made a picture of his wife's hand on a photographic plate formed due to X-rays. ... The creation of images by exposing an object to X-rays or other high-energy forms of electromagnetic radiation and capturing ...
Hence it can lose an electron to form the hydron H+, or gain one to form the hydride ion H−.:43 In the former case it ... which is dangerous as the required dosage of lithium to treat bipolar disorder is only slightly lower than the toxic dosage.[ ... The Earth formed from the same cloud of matter that formed the Sun, but the planets acquired different compositions during the ... Lithium burns in air to form lithium oxide, but sodium reacts with oxygen to form a mixture of sodium oxide and sodium peroxide ...
Available formsEdit. See also: Steroidal antiandrogen and Nonsteroidal antiandrogen. There are several different available ... In patients receiving flutamide at the usual dosage of 250 mg every 8 hours, the minimal plasma concentration of ... Kolvenbag GJ, Iversen P, Newling DW (August 2001). "Antiandrogen monotherapy: a new form of treatment for patients with ... Tissues in which DHT forms at a high rate include the prostate gland, skin, and hair follicles. In accordance, DHT is ...
Traumatic injuries on the other hand, form scars that will not allow new scales to form and disrupt the process of ecdysis. ... a mixture of the venoms of different species of snake is injected into the body of a horse in ever-increasing dosages until the ... Thus avoidance is the most common form of defense in reptiles. At the first sign of danger, most snakes and lizards crawl ... The traits listed by Lydekker in 1896, for example, include a single occipital condyle, a jaw joint formed by the quadrate and ...
This form of application does settle as much as 20% but the stated R-value of the cellulose is accurate after settling occurs. ... Proper testing of products containing borates must be performed in order to determine whether dosage and presentation are ... The appeal can be viewed in the Portland Bureau of Development Services search form by searching for appeal ID 4996. ... Monticello was insulated with a form of cellulose. Modern cellulose insulation, made with recycled newspaper using grinding and ...
This level is for synthetic and natural retinol ester forms of vitamin A. Carotene forms from dietary sources are not toxic. ... Supplements - usually when taken above recommended dosages - can be toxic. Cod liver oil is particularly high in vitamin A. ... Phosphatidylcholine (in the form of PPC or DLPC), the substrate for Lecithin retinol acyltransferase, which converts retinol ... as conversion from carotenoids to the active form of vitamin A is regulated by the body to maintain an optimum level of the ...
The main metabolites are the N-oxide Ro 12-5637 formed via morpholine N-oxidation and lactam derivative Ro 12-8095 formed via ... a dosage reduction of zolmitriptan is recommended. Moclobemide reduces the metabolism of dextromethorphan. ... Moclobemide has been tested in heavy dependent smokers against placebo based on the theory that tobacco smoking could be a form ... Lecrubier Y, Guelfi JD (1990). "Efficacy of reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase-A in various forms of depression". Acta ...
"DRA details: President issues ordinance to form drug regulatory body". The Express Tribune. February 17, 2012.. ... to indicate certain standards or dosage levels were being adhered to, as in the case of 1960s-era LSD, which was sold with ... diluents which can easily form a solution with water for injecting heroin can be problematic for users who are sniffing the ... of diluents in illegal drugs reduces the potency of the drugs and makes it hard for users to determine the appropriate dosage ...
Victimization can take many forms-from being directly injured in a violent crime, to being robbed, to having your sense of ... Among these former inmates, "there was no statistically significant effect of receiving methadone in the jail or dosage on ... An accused's history of convictions are called antecedents, known colloquially as "previous" or "form" in the UK and "priors" ...
Battle of Milne Bay
A daily dosage of 10 grains (0.65 g) was prescribed but Field's troops were told not to take their quinine until they had been ... Later that night the Japanese began forming up along the track at the eastern end of No. 3 Airstrip by the sea, and at 3: ... Heavy fighting followed as they encountered the Australian Militia troops that formed the first line of defence. These troops ... headquarters was formed in Sydney at the end of July and was flown up to Milne Bay. He arrived with some of his staff on 13 ...
These companies formed a group called the Isotretinoin Products Manufacturing Group, and it hired Covance to run the website.[ ... Increasingly higher dosages will result in higher toxicity, resembling vitamin A toxicity. Adverse effects include: ... Risk factors for skeletal effects include older age, greater dosage and longer course of treatment. Most bone changes cause no ... In most other countries, a consent form is required which explains these risks. Women taking isotretinoin must not get pregnant ...
Ubikinon - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
Dosage forms. Hidden categories: *Wikipedia articles in need of updating from February 2019 ... The simplest form of intravenous access is by passing a hollow needle through the skin directly into the vein. This needle can ... If it is plugged, it becomes a hazard as a thrombus will eventually form with an accompanying risk of embolisation. Removal of ... This is usually in the form of a cannula-over-needle device, in which a flexible plastic cannula comes mounted over a metal ...
Controlled Substances Act
All other forms of GHB are in Schedule I.. *Marinol, synthetically prepared tetrahydrocannabinol (officially referred to by its ... GHB, a general anesthetic and treatment for narcolepsy-cataplexy and alcohol withdrawal with a limited safe dosage range and ... Anabolic steroids (including prohormones such as androstenedione); the specific end molecule testosterone in many of its forms ... Dihydrocodeine when compounded with other substances, to a certain dosage and concentration. ...
More recently other forms of imaging are used including MRI, PET, SPECT and Ultrasound. ... Prior to the invention of the CT, physicians and physicists had limited knowledge about the true radiation dosage delivered to ... Brachytherapy, in which a radioactive source is placed inside or next to the area requiring treatment, is another form of ... Indirect ionization happens as a result of the ionization of water, forming free radicals, notably hydroxyl radicals, which ...
August 1998 - for use as adjunctive treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome in pediatric and adult patients, new dosage form: ... Lamotrigine was originally brought to market by GlaxoSmithKline, trademarked as Lamictal; it also available in generic form ... or if the medication is suddenly stopped then resumed at the normal dosage. Patients should seek medical ... It is one of a small number of FDA-approved therapies for this severe form of epilepsy. Lamotrigine reduces the frequency of ...
Various forms of mildew and blight are common tomato afflictions, which is why tomato cultivars are often marked with a ... However, even in the case of potatoes, while solanine poisoning resulting from dosages several times normal human consumption ... As an intermediate form, there are plants sometimes known as vigorous determinate or semi-determinate; these top off like ... Their flowers, appearing on the apical meristem, have the anthers fused along the edges, forming a column surrounding the ...
It can be performed in various dosage forms such as pills, tablets, or capsules. The drug may contain a single or multiple ... In the United States, ACT UP formed in the 1980s, and eventually formed its Treatment Action Group in part to pressure the US ... they should therefore be available at all times in adequate amounts and in appropriate dosage forms, at a price the community ... Medical errors include overprescription and polypharmacy, misprescription, contraindication and lack of detail in dosage and ...
... it combines with carbon dioxide to form a solid carbonate salt. Phenethylamine is strongly basic, pKb = 4.17 (or pKa = 9.83 ... the dosage must be higher than for other methods of administration. ... as measured using the HCl salt and forms a stable crystalline hydrochloride salt with a melting point of 217 °C. ... the class is composed of all the derivative compounds of phenethylamine which can be formed by replacing, or substituting, one ...
Patent US7457685 - Preparing for individualized dosage forms of medicaments - Google Patents
The invention also relates to a system for preparing individualized dosage forms in which a processor is configured to identify ... mineral supplements and nutraceuticals in capsule or liquid form. ... where a capsule or a formulation of pellets of small diameter size for reconstitution into a liquid or semi-solid is formed ... The invention relates to methods for preparing individualized dosage forms of medicines, vitamins, ...
Patente US4462839 - Enteric coating for pharmaceutical dosage forms - Google Patentes
... is readily dispersible in water to provide a composition useful for forming an enteric coating on pharmaceutical dosage forms ... Gastric retained gabapentin dosage form. US8231905. 21 Nov 2011. 31 Jul 2012. Depomed, Inc.. Gastric retained gabapentin dosage ... Gastric retained gabapentin dosage form. US8333991. 19 Jul 2012. 18 Dic 2012. Depomed, Inc.. Gastric retained gabapentin dosage ... Gastric retained gabapentin dosage form. US8592481. 7 Dic 2012. 26 Nov 2013. Depomed, Inc.. Gastric retentive gabapentin dosage ...
Patent US7635490 - Modified release dosage form - Google Patents
The dosage form provides a delay of at least one hour between the initial release of active ingredient contained in said first ... core and the initial release of active ingredient contained in said second core after contacting of the dosage form with a ... The invention provides a dosage form comprising at least one active ingredient, and first core and second cores surrounded by ... The dosage form comprises at least two cores, e.g. a first core and a second core. The dosage form may comprise more than two ...
Some unusual dosage forms
... patient compliance are gaining significant importance in the design of dosage forms. , In recent times, more stress is set on ... other unusual dosage forms. Are there any other type of unusual dosage forms in market other than which you have mentioned in ... Other Unusual Dosage Forms. Dear Abhishek, Thanks for the appreciation. About other unusual dosage forms, I am enlisting few ... Disintegration tests of dosage forms Hello everyone, For my book post on Disintegration Tests on different dosage forms please ...
Innovative dosage forms
Thats why we make innovative dosage forms such as DeliverEase. ... Our DeliverEase preparations are a line of unique dosage-forms ... proprietary dosage-forms that you cant find anywhere else. Weve developed the DeliverEase line of unique dosage-forms with ... Prescribe Today Whats New Drug-Shortage and Back-Order Alert DeliverEase Dosage-Forms Doxycycline for Dogs & Cats Doxycycline ... Learn more about this unique line of preparations dosage-forms using the navigation to the left, or search for a specific ...
EPO - T 2458/09 (Pharmaceutical dosage form comprising multiple unit pellets of … of 30.6.2014
... the dosage form comprising a plurality of pellets. The pellets in the pharmaceutical dosage form claimed are defined by means ... T 2458/09 (Pharmaceutical dosage form comprising multiple unit pellets of … of 30.6.2014. European Case Law Identifier:. ECLI: ... 5. The dosage form according to claim [sic] 1-4, wherein the composition of said outer layer coat comprises 25-75 mass% of said ... 1. A pharmaceutical dosage form comprising a plurality of pellets, wherein each pellet comprises:. a. a pellet core having a ...
Guidance for industry : incorporation of physical-chemical identifiers into solid oral dosage form drug products for...
... incorporation of physical-chemical identifiers into solid oral dosage form drug products for anticounterfeiting.. [Center for ... Solid dosage forms. a schema:Intangible ;. schema:name "Solid dosage forms"@en ;. .. ... Solid dosage forms. schema:alternateName "Incorporation of physical-chemical identifiers into solid oral dosage form drug ... http://experiment.worldcat.org/entity/work/data/3770347567#Topic/solid_dosage_forms_united_states> # Solid dosage forms--United ...
Application # 2011/0195121. CHRONOTHERAPEUTIC PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM - Patents.com
This invention relates to a pharmaceutical dosage form for the phase-controlled and chronotherapeutic delivery of at least one ... dosage form includes a superdisintegrant. 32. A pharmaceutical dosage form as claimed in claim 1 in which the dosage form ... A pharmaceutical dosage form as claimed in claim 34 in which the dosage form has a plurality of embedded cores which are not ... A pharmaceutical dosage form as claimed in claim 29 in which the bulking agent is lactose. 51. A pharmaceutical dosage form as ...
Bachem - Bachem to supply ISA Pharmaceuticals with finished dosage forms immunotherapeutic HPV-SLP for phase III clinical trials
Stevia Safety: Forms, Dosage, and Side Effects
Meanwhile, less processed forms may be lacking in safety research.. Forms of stevia. Stevia is available in several varieties, ... Meanwhile, green leaf stevia is the least processed form. Its made from whole stevia leaves that have been dried and ground. ... Although the green leaf product is typically considered the purest form, its not as thoroughly studied as pure extracts and ... However, animal studies suggest that this sweetener - in the form of steviol glycosides like Reb A - does not negatively impact ...
Patent US7763635 - Once daily dosage forms of trospium - Google Patents
Dosage Forms. As noted previously herein, the compositions of the present invention can be in a number of different forms, such ... Such dosage forms are a significant challenge to develop when the drug is one, such as tropsium, that has a defined region of ... Such a dosage form is made as an alternative way to meet the blood level requirements of the release profile of the present ... Steady state blood levels preferably average between a Cmin of about 0.75 ng/ml and a Cmax of about 5.0 ng/ml, for dosage forms ...
Ophthalmic Drug Dosage Forms: Characterisation and Research Methods
... studies to be performed for various ophthalmic drugs forms in order to assess whether the form is acceptable from the ... Heretofore, many studies have demonstrated that new and more complex ophthalmic drug forms exhibit advantage over traditional ... reducing the susceptibility of drug forms to defense mechanisms of the human eye, extending contact time of drug with the ... This paper describes hitherto developed drug forms for topical ocular administration, that is, eye drops, ointments, ,i,in situ ...
Fast Release Dosage Forms for Antibiotics - Gruenenthal GmbH
... pharmaceutical dosage form containing at least one antibiotic which is sparingly wettable with aqueous media or sparingly ... 3. A dosage form according to claim 1, wherein said dosage form is provided in the form of extruded pellets. 4. A dosage form ... of carrageenan relative to the total weight of the dosage form. 8. A dosage form according to claim 7, wherein said dosage form ... In a particularly preferred dosage form according to the invention, the multiparticulate dosage form assumes the form of ...
Adhesively bonded dosage form - Solomon, Lawrence
A solid pharmaceutical dosage form having a plurality of adhesively-joined subunits and also having one or more of the ... The preferred solid dosage form is an oral dosage form.. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS All drawings depict dosage forms of ... The entire dosage form is ingestible. The dosage form may be broken at score 96 to separate the active subunits in the dosage ... 15 while retaining the ability to break the dosage form through layer 302 and producing two useful dosage forms. One dosage ...
Protonix dosage forms
Bactrim dosage for 50lb child... Buy Discounted Medicines... Generic drug for rhinocort... Viagra is indicated for the ... Cialis Cost Versus Viagra protonix dosage forms. Viagra Pharmacie Online. Cheap price protonix dosage forms protonix dosage ... protonix dosage forms. . Simply click on a link to visit a website protonix dosage forms. Generische Medikamente aus Europa ... or view your prescription history protonix dosage forms. 7 Mar 2015 protonix dosage forms. probenecid colchicine generic. ...
Drug Targeting And Delivery: Concepts In Dosage Form Design - Google Books
Multicomponent Chemical Imaging of Pharmaceutical Solid Dosage Forms with Broadband CARS Microscopy | NIST
Indomethacin was used as a model active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and was analyzed in a tabulated dosage form, embedded ... Multicomponent Chemical Imaging of Pharmaceutical Solid Dosage Forms with Broadband CARS Microscopy. ... www.nist.gov/publications/multicomponent-chemical-imaging-pharmaceutical-solid-dosage-forms-broadband-cars ...
Bupropion sr dosage forms
Purchase Abilify Online bupropion sr dosage forms. Animamos con todas las Técnicas: 2D, 3D, Stop Motion bupropion sr dosage ... welchem ein negatives Erlebnis mit der Online-Pharmacy vorausgegangen ist bupropion sr dosage forms. lipitor available dosage ... Bupropion sr dosage forms. . Brand Viagra Cialis Levitra online . Viagra is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction ... Cialis is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction bupropion sr dosage forms. Apply. Bien que le produit ai été ...
New Sensitive Kinetic Spectrophotometric Methods for Determination of Omeprazole in Dosage Forms
The proposed methods were successfully applied to the analysis of OMZ in its dosage forms; the recovery was 98.91-100.32% 0.94- ... The proposed and the reference methods  were applied to the determination of OMZ in its dosage forms. The results obtained ... The potential interferences from the excipients in the dosage forms were studied. Samples were prepared by mixing known amount ... is the absorbance of the complex formed at the specific wavelength; , the molar absorptivity of the complex formed at the ...
Federal Register :: Oral Dosage Form New Animal Drugs; Orbifloxacin
PART 520-ORAL DOSAGE FORM NEW ANIMAL DRUGS. End Part Start Amendment Part. 1. The authority citation for ... Oral Dosage Form New Animal Drugs; Orbifloxacin. A Rule by the Food and Drug Administration on 03/23/2006. ... This repetition of headings to form internal navigation links has no substantive legal effect. ...
Federal Register :: Oral Dosage Form New Animal Drugs; Tiamulin
PART 520-ORAL DOSAGE FORM NEW ANIMAL DRUGS. End Part Start Amendment Part. 1. The authority citation for ... Oral Dosage Form New Animal Drugs; Tiamulin. A Rule by the Food and Drug Administration on 09/08/2010. ... This repetition of headings to form internal navigation links has no substantive legal effect. ...
Patent US8137734 - Preparation of controlled release skeletal muscle relaxant dosage forms - Google Patents
... comprising coating inert particles with a cyclobenzaprine-containing a drug layering composition to form IR beads, then coating ... the IR beads with an extended-release coating to form ER beads. ... drug products in the form of multi-particulate dosage forms ( ... Modified release dosage forms of skeletal muscle relaxants. US7544372. 6 Feb 2008. 9 Jun 2009. Eurand, Inc.. Modified release ... dosage forms of skeletal muscle relaxants. US7790199. 24 Sep 2008. 7 Sep 2010. Eurand, Inc.. Modified release dosage forms of ...
Preformulation in Solid Dosage Form Development - 1st Edition - Moji C
Preformulation in Solid Dosage Form Development By Moji Christianah Adeyeye. , Harry G. Brittain. ... Preformulation in Solid Dosage Form Development covers every topic of critical importance to the preformulation stages of drug ... Methods for the Determination of the Physical and Chemical Stability of a New Solid Dosage Form (Harry G. Brittain) ... Overview of the Solid Dosage Form Preformulation Program (Harry G. Brittain). 4.2. Drug-Excipient Interactions Appropriate to ...
Patente US7811549 - Methods, compositions, unit dosage forms, and kits for pharmacologic stress ... - Google Patentes
Also presented are compositions, unit dosage forms, and kits that are useful in performing the methods. ... both at dosages below their respective single agent dosages, for detecting the presence and/or assessing the severity of ... Unit dosage forms containing volumes as low as 1 ml, and unit dosage forms containing higher volumes, such as 15 or 20 ml, are ... Unit dosage forms containing dipyridamole at a concentration of 1 mg/ml-for example, unit dosage forms containing 6 mg ...
X-ray Microtomography of Solid Dosage Forms
X-ray microtomography has great potential for improving the understanding of the structural features of solid dosage forms and ... Two- and three-dimensional images of a wide range of solid dosage forms were acquired in this study and used to learn more ... In this study, typical data acquisition times for solid dosage forms were 30-90 min., and data analysis usually took 1-3 h per ... For an osmotic controlled-release dosage form it is quite simple to determine the key dimensions (e.g., location, diameter, and ...
Preparation and Characteristics of Film Dosage Form Natural Polysaccharides
FD would be a useful dosage form, especially for preventing or treating localized problems in the oral cavity. ... The FDs immediately released the model compound, and the forms dissolved in phosphate-buffered saline. FD modification did not ... and the release profile of each compound from the form was investigated in the limited medium. Film formation was affected by ... We investigated preparation of film dosage form (FD) from natural polysaccharides using the casting method without organic ...
EPO - T 1217/04 (Rapidly dissolving dosage form/NOVARTIS) of 1.2.2008
which dosage form disintegrates when taken into the mouth within 30 seconds, and which dosage form has a density of 400-900 mg/ ... A process according to claim 10, wherein a solid pharmaceutical dosage form for oral administration which is in the form of a ... a) placing moulds or a pre-formed container intended for storage of the solid pharmaceutical or veterinary dosage form within ... a) placing a pre-formed container intended for storage of the solid pharmaceutical dosage form within the operating range of ...
Echinacea oral dosage forms - AHealthyMe - Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Cambrex to acquire dosage-form drug contractor Halo
"Weve been looking at the finished-dosage space for a while," he said. "While we didnt think not being in finished-dosage form ... Cambrex to acquire dosage-form drug contractor Halo With purchase, manufacturer of active pharmaceutical ingredients will move ... In contrast, the finished-dosage market is roughly the same size but with only 30-35% outsourced. ... "Not unlike the API market, the finished-dosage market is large, fragmented, and growing." ...
Dosage Form Proportionality of Opicapone To-Be-Marketed Formulation - Tabular View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Chemical Stability of Perphenazine in Oral Liquid Dosage Forms
The products of decomposition and excipients present in the dosage forms did not interfere with the developed assay method. ... The stability of perphenazine in oral liquid dosage forms was studied by means of a stability-indicating high-performance ... The dosage forms were stable for only 30 days when stored in amber-colored glass bottles at room temperature. The pH value of ... Chemical Stability of Brompheniramine Maleate in an Oral Liquid Dosage Form. Gupta Vishnu D, Gupta Vikas S Jan/Feb 2011. 78-80 ...
College Pharmacy | Custom Dosage Forms & Sterile Compounding
Custom Dosage Forms. Custom Dosage Forms & Sterile Compounding. College Pharmacys comprehensive compounding experience and ... Custom Dosage Forms. One of the advantages of using a compounding pharmacy to fill your prescription needs is in the variety of ... dosage forms available. While traditional oral routes of administration are available, advanced dosage forms may increase ... Custom Dosage Forms & Sterile Compounding Resources. College Pharmacy Practitioners Compounding Quick Guide (PDF Download) ...
College Pharmacy | Custom Dosage Forms & Sterile Compounding
One of the advantages of using a compounding pharmacy to fill your prescription needs is in the variety of dosage forms ... While traditional oral routes of administration are available, advanced dosage forms may increase patient compliance and ... The list below includes a sample of some of the dosage forms that College Pharmacy compounds. ... compounding experience and state-of-the-art facility allows us to compound both traditional and advanced dosage forms. College ...
Dosage Forms - Dosage Form Summary Report | CureHunter
Completed forms of the pharmaceutical preparation in which prescribed doses of medication are included. They are designed to ... Dosage Forms (Dosage Form). Subscribe to New Research on Dosage Forms Completed forms of the pharmaceutical preparation in ... 01/01/2015 - "OPTN could be acted as a novel and new dosage form to be used in cancer treatment study.". 08/01/2004 - "These ... 01/01/2014 - "This needs administration of dosage form at night time to release drug after lag period when pain gets worse. ". ...
A Breakdown of Dosage Forms | Natural Products INSIDER
Supplement brands have a variety of dosage forms to choose from including several types of tablets, capsules and liquids, each ... A Breakdown of Dosage Forms. ,p,Supplement brands have a variety of dosage forms to choose from including several types of ... Many choices and types of oral dosage forms are available. Each of these solid-dosage forms has advantages and disadvantages.. ... Solid dose (tablets/capsules) is still the major oral dosage form sold; however, preferences for other dosage forms continue to ...
Pharmaceutical dosageAbstractPharmaCompositionSuspensionsWide variety of dosage formsImmediate release dosage formsSuppositoriesUnique dosage-formsFormulationsReleasePelletsPharmaceuticalsTherapeutic effectDevelopmentDrugStrengthsTabletsPharmaceutical dosage formLiquid Dosage FormExcipients present in the dosageExcipientFormulationDrugsDiclofenac sodium dosage formsEstimationTherapeuticGelsRelatesDoseSemi-solid dosage formOrallyPharmacie Online ViagraPowderDeterminationActive ingredientViagraOral solid dosageRelease Dosage FormsCellulose derivativesVariety of dosage forms availableCapsulePreparationBulk and dosageControlled releaseSterileManufacture of solidVarious types of dosageAbsorptionParacetamolConventionalNovel dosage formsSingle dosage formInnovative dosage formPediatricMedicinalPreferably
- For companies involved in the pharmaceutical dosage formulation industry, improvements to and development of new dosage forms and processes is a continuous goal in meeting patient and client demands in this highly competitive market. (wsp.com)
- It introduces a square wave voltammetric (SQV) technique for the determination of Nepafenac in pharmaceutical dosage form and human serum with accepted accuracy and precision to be applied for routine analysis of nepafenac. (tsijournals.com)
- Carbon paste (CPE) electrode is modified with carbon multiwalled nanotube (CMWNT), 1-n-butyl-3-methylpyridinium hexafluorophosphate ion crystal (BMH) and sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS), [(CMWNT-BMH-SDS) electrode], for determination of NPF in bulk powder, pharmaceutical dosage form and biological fluid. (tsijournals.com)
- New Ingredient Dictionary Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms E2BM Data Elements Labeling Effort NDC. (slideserve.com)
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) has recently attracted a lot of interest in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry as a fast, contactless and non-destructive modality for quantifying thin film coatings on pharmaceutical dosage forms, which cannot be resolved easily with other techniques. (strath.ac.uk)
- It is the earliest science which has given full freedom to design and develop wide variety of dosage forms depending on the requirement of the condition of the patient and the disease demands, by saying what ever the number of drug preparations mentioned in the classics are only small. (mrmlonline.com)
- Finally, modified release dosage forms are subject to specific health authority expectations for Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) and clinical data that differ from those for immediate release dosage forms. (recrogainesville.com)
- Our Deliver Ease preparations are a line of unique dosage-forms that help owners to give-and pets to take-the medicines they need. (wedgewoodpharmacy.com)
- We've developed the Deliver Ease line of unique dosage-forms with one goal in mind: improving compliance. (wedgewoodpharmacy.com)
- That's why pharmacy compounding is a common practice in veterinary medicine because it provides unique dosage forms to different animals. (pioneerhealthcenter.com)
- commonly referred to as the "Do Not Crush" list, contains medications that should not be crushed because of their special pharmaceutical formulations or characteristics, such as oral dosage forms that are sustained-release in nature. (eos-media.com)
- Particle size and polymorphic form are also key for immediate release formulations, but once a modified release formulation is considered, pH solubility and stability profiles in different buffers and the impacts of different ions or surfactants in the medium (e.g. (recrogainesville.com)
- such as oral dosage forms that are sustained-release in nature. (eos-media.com)
- The findings suggest a spatial design approach for modulated drug release from bespoke drug delivery dosage forms. (dmu.ac.uk)
- Developing a modified release formulation of an existing immediate release oral solid dosage form is a common request. (recrogainesville.com)
- What is not as obvious is that modified release dosage forms present their own unique set of complications, nuances and regulatory expectations that are not always apparent. (recrogainesville.com)
- Considering our capabilities to deliver comprehensive engineering services for mainstream and unconventional projects, especially with respect to both commissioning and validation, WSP was selected to support the development of the concept design for the new dosage form, which would entail the partial refurbishment of an existing building for the production facility and an extension to facilities for bulk storage, mechanical rooms, and receiving and shipping. (wsp.com)
- Their current market and application is increasing in demands with advances in age adapted dosage forms for different patients and changing regulatory requirements that warrant mandatory assessments of new drugs and drug products before commercial availability. (benthambooks.com)
- This reference is ideal for pharmacology students at all levels seeking information about this specific form of drug delivery and formulation. (benthambooks.com)
- Application of Kwatha's nano-drug delivery systems have a promising potential to enhance operation and resolve issues related to classical dosage forms. (ijam.co.in)
- This review examines the benefits of the nano-drug delivery system, its properties, its drawbacks, forms of nanoparticles, their preparation methods, and various herbal nano medicines. (ijam.co.in)
- Sometimes only certain doses and dosage forms of a particular drug, or specific combinations are discontinued. (robinsondrugshop.com)
- Our professional pharmacists can help by obtaining the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) and compounding the needed drug in the most appropriate dose, dosage form, and flavor for each patient. (robinsondrugshop.com)
- Supplement brands have a variety of dosage forms to choose from including several types of tablets, capsules and liquids, each with formulation, size and consumer compliance advantages and disadvantages. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- Of the oral dosage forms available, tablets and capsules are probably the most well-known and therefore the default choice for healthcare companies. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- Advantages of tablets: 1) compactness of dosage, 2) high level of consumer acceptability/compliance/convenience, 3) easy to swallow (with proper coating), 4) good physical and chemical stability, 5) usually tasteless, 6) can be formulated for controlled release, and 7) economical to produce. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- Disadvantages of tablets: 1) may need a liquid to take a dose, 2) difficult to adjust an exact dose, 3) may be hard to swallow for children or elders, 4) impossible for unconscious patients to consume, 5) not immediate release there's a time delay for dissolution and absorption into the bloodstream, and 6) depending on formula, they may require more excipients to manufacture versus other dosage forms. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- Richard C. Fuisz , M.D., a founder of Fuisz Pharma, commented: 'I have had the privilege of making substantial contributions to the development and commercialization of orally dissolving tablets and orally soluble films, both of which were granted new dosage form classification to distinguish them from the then existing dosage forms. (prnewswire.com)
- Pharmaceuticals intended for oral administration are typically provided in solid form as tablets, capsules, pills, lozenges, or granules. (google.com)
- Tablets are solid dosage form to be taken orally into the body. (myhealth.gov.my)
- The proposed method is suitable for the estimation of Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide impurities in tablets dosage form. (scirp.org)
- Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide are available with the brand name of "Diovan HCTZ" in the form of immediate-release tablets with the dosage strengths VAL/HCTZ: 80 mg/12.5 mg, 160 mg/25 mg, 160 mg/12.5 mg, 320 mg/25 mg and 320 mg/12.5 mg. (scirp.org)
- The attractiveness of these dosage forms is due to awareness of toxicity and ineffectiveness of drugs when administered by oral conventional method in the form of tablets and capsules. (eurekaselect.com)
- Tablets are the most extensively used solid dosage form. (pharmagupshup.in)
- Modified-release dosage and its variants are mechanisms used in tablets (pills) and capsules to dissolve a drug over time in order to be released slower and steadier into the bloodstream while having the advantage of being taken at less frequent intervals than immediate-release (IR) formulations of the same drug. (wikipedia.org)
- A multiparticulate, pharmaceutical dosage form containing at least one antibiotic which is sparingly wettable with aqueous media or sparingly soluble in aqueous media and a combination of carrageenan and tricalcium phosphate and optionally sucrose ester. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 2. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 1 which comprises two active subunits. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 3. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 1 in which all subunits contain an active ingredient and a tablet subunit is provided with a separation mark. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 4. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 3 in which said separation mark comprises a score. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 5. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 2 comprising an inert tablet subunit adhesively joined to two active subunits, and said active subunits are not adhesively joined to each other. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 6. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 5 where the inert tablet subunit is provided with a separation mark. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 10. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 1 that comprises an active subunit provided with a separation mark. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 12. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 1 wherein the adhesive comprises shellac, a pharmaceutically acceptable acrylic polymer, or hydroxypropyl methylcellulose. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 13. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 1 in which all active subunits contain the same drug or drugs. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 15. A method of subdividing a solid pharmaceutical dosage form as defined in claim 1 which comprises breaking said dosage form through a tablet subunit while not dissolving, removing, or breaking through said adhesive that joins a plurality of subunits together. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 8. The process set forth in claim 7 comprising the additional steps of dispersing the spray dried powder in water, adding a plasticizer in an amount of between 10% and 40% of the weight of the dry polymer to form a coating composition, and coating a pharmaceutical dosage form therewith. (google.es)
- 17. The process set forth in claim 16 comprising the additional steps of dispersing the spray dried powder in water, adding a plasticizer in an amount of between 10% and 40% of the weight of the cellulose acetate phthalate particles to form a coating composition, and coating a pharmaceutical dosage form therewith. (google.es)
- A simple, rapid, and precise method is developed for the quantitative simultaneous estimation of telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide in combined pharmaceutical dosage form. (scielo.cl)
- None of the reported analytical procedures describe a method for simultaneous determination of the telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide in combined pharmaceutical dosage form in presence of their degradation products. (scielo.cl)
- The present study describes a simple, accurate, precise and cost effective UV-VIS Spectrophotometric method for the estimation of Chlorambucil, an anti-cancer drug, in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. (ebscohost.com)
- Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous estimation of Epalrestat and Methylcobalamin in the Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. (ebscohost.com)
- A new sensitive, simple, rapid and precise spectrophotometric method has been developed for simultaneous estimation of Epalrestat (EPAL) and Methylcobalamin (MEC) in pharmaceutical dosage form. (ebscohost.com)
- Estimation of Olmesartan Medoxomil, an angiotensin receptor blocker in pharmaceutical dosage form by U.V. Spectrophotometric method. (ebscohost.com)
- This invention relates to a pharmaceutical dosage form for the phase-controlled and chronotherapeutic delivery of at least one and, preferably, several pharmaceutically active ingredients. (patents.com)
- 2. A pharmaceutical dosage form as claimed in claim 1 in which the pharmaceutically active ingredient to be in the form of a discrete pellet which is embedded in the platform. (patents.com)
- 3. A pharmaceutical dosage form as claimed in claim 2 in which discrete pellet is in the form of a disc. (patents.com)
- 4. A pharmaceutical dosage form as claimed in claim 1 in which the pharmaceutically active ingredient is mixed with the polymer or polymers forming the polymeric platform. (patents.com)
- 5. A pharmaceutical dosage form as claimed in claim 1 in which the pharmaceutically active ingredient is pelletised and the pellets are embedded in a polymeric platform. (patents.com)
- Five different accurate, sensitive and reproducible methods were applied for the simultaneous determination of (MOX) and (HCT) in their bulk powder and pharmaceutical dosage form. (omicsonline.org)
- Ali NW, Abdelwahab NS, Zaki MM, Abdelkawy M (2012) Validated Chromatographic Methods for Simultaneous Determination of Amlodipine Besylate and Perindopril Arginine in Binary Mixtures and in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. (omicsonline.org)
- Two highly sensitive and accurate methods have been developed for the estimation of Nimesulide and Paracetamol in liquid dosage form. (ebscohost.com)
- A stability-indicating assay method has been developed to quantify glycopyrrolate in an oral liquid dosage form. (ijpc.com)
- The chemical stability of hydrocortisone in an oral liquid dosage form without suspending agents was studied by using a stability-indicating high-performance liquid chromatographic assay method that was developed in our laboratory. (ijpc.com)
- For more detailed information about our liquid dosage form portfolio, see related resources section above. (merckmillipore.com)
- 12. The dosage form of claim 10 , wherein the first shell portion comprises a film forming water soluble polymer, and a release modifying excipient selected from water swellable cellulose derivatives. (google.com.au)
- Part Three discusses sample preparation method development for different types of dosage forms including addressing drug excipient interactions and post extraction considerations, as well as method validation and applying Quality by Design (QbD) principles to sample preparation methods. (kobo.com)
- One of the first modifications to conventional forms of ophthalmic drugs was introducing polymers to formulation, which enabled longer contact time of active ingredient and the corneal surface, thus increasing its bioavailability. (hindawi.com)
- Next possibility to modify the ophthalmic forms active ingredients' bioavailability involved introducing excipients to formulation, which enhanced drugs' penetration into the eyeball. (hindawi.com)
- The invention also relates to a system for preparing individualized dosage forms in which a processor is configured to identify a medicament formulation for an individual patient's dosaging needs and communicates this formulation information to a dispensing station where a capsule or a formulation of pellets of small diameter size for reconstitution into a liquid or semi-solid is formed that is specific to the individual's dosaging needs. (google.com)
- About other unusual dosage forms, I am enlisting few more along with its reference 1) Medicated Lipsticks (Shaikh S, Bhise K. Formulation and evaluation of medicated lipstick of allantoin. (pharmainfo.net)
- Once the dosage form and design criteria have been decided, the product developer must determine the appropriate combination of compendial grade excipients based on their function and performance in the formulation. (pharmtech.com)
- Therefore, most of recent formulation strategies attempting practical dosage forms have involved efforts to avoid exposing proteins to water-oil interfaces, water-air interfaces, cross-linking reagents, and hydrophobic environment of the polymer matrix of sustained-release systems ( 3 , 4 ). (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- For companies involved in the pharmaceutical dosage formulation industry, improvements to and development of new dosage forms and processes is a continuous goal in meeting patient and client demands in this highly competitive market. (wsp.com)
- The formulation should be such that a patient with reasonable mobility is able to self-administer the drug (e.g., oral dosage form). (painresearchforum.org)
- The rest of the paper describes recommended in vitro and in vivo studies to be performed for various ophthalmic drugs forms in order to assess whether the form is acceptable from the perspective of desired properties and patient's compliance. (hindawi.com)
- Can you get zyban over the counter diclofenac genericon 100 mg generic for diclofenac canadian drugs viagra canadian pharmacy viagra online protonix dosage forms . (spiritofbaraka.com)
- Buy discount prescription drugs from our international prescription service protonix dosage forms. (spiritofbaraka.com)
- Discount Prescription Drugs.apothecaris.biz- Pharmacie en ligne bupropion sr dosage forms. (spiritofbaraka.com)
- Americans save on discount prescription drugs in Canada bupropion sr dosage forms . (spiritofbaraka.com)
- Simple Kinetic Spectrophotometric methods have been developed and validated for the estimation of Anti inflammatory drugs, namely Ibuprofen and Nimesulide in pharmaceutical dosage forms. (ebscohost.com)
- Oral drug delivery is the most widely utilized route of administration among all the routes that have been explored for systemic delivery of drugs via pharmaceutical products of different dosage form and this oral route provides maximum active surface area among all drug delivery system for administration of various drugs. (eurekaselect.com)
- A new spectrophotometric method for the determination of propranolol hydrochloride (PRO) and metoprolol tartrate (MTP), beta blocker drugs, has been developed for their analysis in pharmaceutical dosage forms for the purpose of quality control and water samples for monitoring impact on environmental water quality of natural sources and in biological fluids for ascertaining their physiological performance. (innovareacademics.in)
- 2. Drugs with poor wetting, slow dissolution properties, intermediate to large dosage. (pharmagupshup.in)
- Approved Online Pharmacy: always 10% off for all reorders, free samples for all orders, 100% diclofenac sodium dosage forms . (afreekara.com)
- pharmacie france diclofenac sodium dosage forms . (afreekara.com)
- See if You Can Save diclofenac sodium dosage forms . (afreekara.com)
- Pharmacy Technician - National Bridging Education Program / Programme diclofenac sodium dosage forms . (deltronix.net)
- We offer cheap Super Kamagra with the best quality you can find online diclofenac sodium dosage forms . (deltronix.net)
- Statistical analysis proves that the proposed methods are reproducible and selective for the estimation of zidovudine in bulk drug and in its tablet dosage form. (hindawi.com)
- Method Development And Validation For The Estimation Of Chlorambucil In Bulk And Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms Using UV-VIS Spectrophotometric Method. (ebscohost.com)
- A simple rapid economical accurate and precise method has been developed for estimation of Olmesartan medoxomil from tablet dosage form. (ebscohost.com)
- reported a method for the estimation of related substances in VAL & HCTZ tablet dosage form. (scirp.org)
- Two, simple, accurate, rapid and sensitive methods have been developed for the estimation of famciclovir in tablet dosage forms. (ijpsonline.com)
- The present work describes two simple colorimetric methods for the estimation of famciclovir in pharmaceutical dosage forms. (ijpsonline.com)
- 14. Vineeta K.*, Deepak B., Vilasrao K. Stability indicating high performance thin-layer chromatographic method for simultaneous estimation of pantoprazole sodium and Itopride Hydrochloride in combined dosage form. (pharmatutor.org)
- 2. The method of claim 1 that is repeated until individualized dosage forms are prepared to provide for each dosage time in one day for the medicament that is desired for therapeutic effect for the individual patient. (google.com)
- Novelty in terms of dosage form designing is needed for several reasons like taste masking, better therapeutic efficacy etc but the primary objective is better patient compliance. (pharmainfo.net)
- We are pursuing new dosage form classification for these next generation shapes in order to properly recognize their therapeutic value and to maximize the life cycle management benefit to our partners. (prnewswire.com)
- Patients consuming ibuprofen oral suspension reached the therapeutic effect at a quicker rate and were in that period for a longer duration compared to the other dosage forms. (ukessays.com)
- A dosage of 25 mg or 50 mg per day is the initial therapeutic dosage . (suhagra.fr)
- This paper describes hitherto developed drug forms for topical ocular administration, that is, eye drops, ointments, in situ gels, inserts, multicompartment drug delivery systems, and ophthalmic drug forms with bioadhesive properties. (hindawi.com)
- The newer drug forms, on which in recent years research has been conducted in order to achieve a controlled release of drug to eyeball tissues, include multicompartment carrier systems, inserts, collagen shields, contact lenses, and the so-called in situ gels [ 1 - 3 , 5 ]. (hindawi.com)
- The invention relates to methods for preparing individualized dosage forms of medicines, vitamins, mineral supplements and nutraceuticals in capsule or liquid form. (google.com)
- The invention also relates to a system for preparing individualized dosage forms in which a processor is configured to identify a medicament. (google.com)
- Our intention with this effort was to take existing tablet granulations and approach the question of form - as it relates to swallowability - from first principles. (prnewswire.com)
- The present invention relates to a dosage form including both a disintegrative tablet portion and a hard candy portion, and the use thereof. (google.com)
- Applicants invention relates to a dual portion dosage form that combines the use of a rapidly disintegrative tablet containing a pharmaceutically active agent with a slower disintegrative hard candy portion (e.g., a lozenge). (google.com)
- The present invention relates to an oral dosage form containing rifaximin in form beta, wherein the oral dosage form provides delayed release of the active pharmaceutical agent. (wipo.int)
- Further, the invention relates to the preparation of an oral dosage form, preferably a tablet. (wipo.int)
- This invention further relates to a method of treating or preventing diseases characterized by abnormal calcium and phosphate metabolism using the novel enteric coated dosage forms described herein. (justia.com)
- However, lower dose was administered in gel dosage form and fewer side effects were observed, in comparison to ibuprofen tablet. (ukessays.com)
- The recommended starting dosage for mild to moderate hypertension is 10 to 20 mg per day in a single oral dose [ 5 ]. (ijpsonline.com)
- A stability-indicating RP-HPLC method has been developed and validated for simultaneous determination of Valsartan & Hydrochlorothiazide and their impurities in FDC (Fixed Dose Combination) tablet dosage form. (scirp.org)
- 1. They are a unit form and they offer the greatest capabilities of all oral dosage forms for the greatest dose precision and the least content variability. (pharmagupshup.in)
- Essentially, dietary supplements are designated as enteral orally ingested dosage forms. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- They also come in many forms: soft (chewable), effervescent, lozenge (pastille), multi-layered, control-release (slow-release) and orally disintegrating (quick-dissolve). (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- and b) orally administering said fast dispersing dosage form composition to a patient. (patentgenius.com)
- The application discloses a process for making a polymeric powder which is readily dispersible in water to provide a composition useful for forming an enteric coating on pharmaceutical dosage forms and also a process for using the powder for its intended purpose. (google.es)
- According to the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA), a dietary supplement is defined as a product that is intended to be taken by mouth, in forms such as a tablet, capsule, powder, softgel, gelcap or liquid. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- The global prenatal vitamin supplements market include capsule, powder, and gummy based on dosage. (sbwire.com)
- A simple and sensitive spectrophotometric method has been developed for determination of betaxolol hydrochloride in bulk powder, and its pharmaceutical dosage forms. (ijpsonline.com)
- The method was validated, and can be used successfully to assay betaxolol in bulk powder, and its pharmaceutical dosage forms viz. (ijpsonline.com)
- A simple, sensitive and economical spectrophotometric method has been developed for the determination of zidovudine in commercial dosage forms. (hindawi.com)
- Spectrophotometric Methods for the Determination of Racecadotril in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. (ebscohost.com)
- Three simple, sensitive and cost effective Spectrophotometric methods are developed for the determination of Racecadotril in bulk drug and pharmaceutical dosage forms. (ebscohost.com)
- A simple and cost effective spectrophotometric method is described for the determination of mesalamine in pure form and in pharmaceutical formulations. (ebscohost.com)
- The oxidation signal of the EZE molecule was used to develop fully validated, new, rapid, selective and simple square-wave anodic adsorptive stripping voltammetric (AdsSWV) and differential pulse anodic stripping voltammetric (AdsDPV) methods to direct determination of EZE in pharmaceutical dosage forms and biological samples. (deepdyve.com)
- To develop and validate simple, rapid and sensitive spectrophotometric procedures for determination of trimipramine in tablet dosage form. (ajol.info)
- 10. Rajesh S.*, Ganesh PM and Subhash CC. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous determination of Rabeprazole Sodium and Itopride Hydrochloride in Solid Dosage Form. (pharmatutor.org)
- Simultaneous HPTLC determination of Rabeprazole sodium and Itopride Hydrochloride in solid dosage form. (pharmatutor.org)
- In deciding whether to buffer the drug in this form, one should take into account the stability of active ingredient and the tissue tolerance to the preparation [ 7 - 9 ]. (hindawi.com)
- The dosage form provides a delay of at least one hour between the initial release of active ingredient contained in said first core and the initial release. (google.com.au)
- 3. The dosage form of claim 1 , which provides modified release of at least one active ingredient contained in said second core upon contact of the dosage form with a liquid medium. (google.com.au)
- 4. The dosage form of claim 1 , which provides release of at least one active ingredient contained in said first core within 30 minutes after contacting of the dosage form with a liquid medium. (google.com.au)
- 14. The dosage form of claims 1 , 5 , or 10 , which provides immediate release of at least one active ingredient from said first core upon contacting of the dosage form with a liquid medium, followed by a time delay, followed by release of at least one active ingredient from said second core. (google.com.au)
- At least one pharmaceutically active ingredient in the form of a disc is embedded in the platform and, once the polymer of the platform has degraded, the disc is released and releases its ingredient in the same location as that of the platform or it travels to another region of the body where it releases its ingredient. (patents.com)
- Said dosage forms prohibit the exposure of the risedronate active ingredient to the epithelial and mucosal tissues of the buccal cavity, pharynx, esophagus, and stomach and thereby protects said tissues from erosion, ulceration or other like irritation. (justia.com)
- Accordingly, the said dosage forms effect the delivery to the lower gastrointestinal tract of said human or other mammal of a safe and effective amount of the risedronate active ingredient, and substantially alleviate the esophagitis or esophageal irritation which occasionally accompanies the oral administration of risedronate active ingredients. (justia.com)
- Said novel dosage forms are enteric-coated and delay the release of the risedronate until the lower gastrointestinal tract is reached, thereby protecting the epithelial and mucosal tissues of the mouth and the buccal cavity, the pharynx, the larynx, and the esophagus from erosion, ulceration, or other like irritation suffered by direct contact of these tissues with the risedronate active ingredient which may sometimes result from the oral administration of risedronate. (justia.com)
- Approved Pharmacy, Cialis Cost Versus Viagra protonix dosage forms . (spiritofbaraka.com)
- Silagra is a generic version of the brand name drug called Viagra bupropion sr dosage forms . (spiritofbaraka.com)
- viagra romania The recommended initial dosage and maximum ZOLOFT dosage in patients with MDD, OCD, PD, PTSD, and SAD are displayed in Table 1 below. (suhagra.fr)
- Farmacie Online Sicure Per Viagra dosage limits. (deltronix.net)
- However, developing sustained-release dosage forms of proteins has been proven to be a daunting task. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Sustained-release dosage forms are dosage forms designed to release (liberate) a drug at a predetermined rate in order to maintain a constant drug concentration for a specific period of time with minimum side effects. (wikipedia.org)
- c) combining the pellets into a single capsule to prepare an individualized dosage form that alone or in integral multiples provides the desired dosage amount for the individual patient at the dosage time. (google.com)
- The latest generation CFS 1500 capsule filling and sealing machine, which incorporates proprietary Fusion technology, has been installed, and the proprietary lipid expert system has been incorporated into the team's finished dosage form development process. (capsugel.com)
- A number of fast disintegrating tablet such as salbutamol sulphate, and cetirizine hydrochloride in tablet/capsule dosage form for respiratory disorders (bronchitis, asthma, and coughing) are formulated for pediatric and geriatric patients, due to their difficulty or discomfort in swallowing. (researchandmarkets.com)
- Through coating an active pharmaceutical ingredient around an inert core, and layering it with insoluble substances to form a microsphere one can obtain more consistent and replicable dissolution rates in a convenient format that can be mixed and matched with other instant release pharmaceutical ingredients in to any two piece gelatin capsule. (wikipedia.org)
- We investigated preparation of film dosage form (FD) from natural polysaccharides using the casting method without organic solvents, heating or pH control. (scirp.org)
- Completed forms of the pharmaceutical preparation in which prescribed doses of medication are included. (curehunter.com)
- Part One covers dosage form and diluent properties that impact sample preparation of pharmaceutical dosage forms and the importance of sampling considerations in generating data representative of the drug product batch. (kobo.com)
- Part Two reviews specific sample preparation techniques typically used with pharmaceutical dosage forms. (kobo.com)
- Pharmaceutical preparation (PP) particular pharmaceutical product containing active and inactive pharmaceutical ingredients formulated into the particular dosage form. (slideworld.com)
- These forms are sterile and isotonic. (hindawi.com)
- This Guidance document has been prepared to provide guidance to the pharmaceutical industry in dealing with validation issues for sterile and non-sterile dosage forms, biologicals, and radiopharmaceuticals. (canada.ca)
- This document provides guidance on issues and topics related to systems, equipment qualification, product and process validation for sterile and non-sterile dosage forms. (canada.ca)
- The objective of this work is to present a review of computational tools and models for pharmaceutical processes, specifically those for the continuous manufacture of solid dosage forms. (mdpi.com)
- The use of Multivariate Image Analysis (MIA) and Texture Analysis (MTA) has been proposed to analyze the elegance of materials involved in the manufacture of solid oral dosages, including the final product (García-Muñoz, Gierer 2010;Garcia-Munoz, Carmody 2010). (aiche.org)
- Since they do not technically get ingested (absorption occurs in the mouth), some have argued they are not "ingested" oral dosage forms (which are listed above as being "eaten" or "taken by mouth. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- Method A is based on the nucleophillic substitution product with Folin's reagent to form colored chromogen exhibiting absorption maximum at 454 nm with apparent molar absorptivity of 3.99×10 4 l/mol.cm and obeyed Beer's law in the concentration range of 2-10 µg/ml. (ijpsonline.com)
- Method A involves nucleophillic substitution product with Folin s reagent to form colored chromogen exhibiting absorption maximum at 454 nm against reagent blank. (ijpsonline.com)
- In three aeknil price cerebral hcemorrhage who have lived beyond the maturity aeknil dosage paracetamol aeknil indication ble origin that is although they may be assimilated and modi aeknil paracetamol the fatal results of the want of appreciation of the importance aeknil dosage form in which scurvy consists. (fantasycon2012.org)
- Previous studies have used various techniques for visualizing the internal structure of solid dosage forms, including 1 H NMR imaging (1), confocal microscopy (2), and conventional microscopy (optical and electron) combined with mechanical slicing of samples ( i.e., microtoming) (3). (pharmtech.com)
- Oral films are currently available on the pharmaceutical market and could compete with conventional oral dosage forms in the future. (prolekare.cz)
- There is a learning curve with these novel dosage forms in terms of product stability, ingredient interaction, supply chain considerations, and overall efficacy of the product. (naturalproductsinsider.com)
- Does combining antiretroviral agents in a single dosage form enhance quality of life of HIV/AIDS patients? (ovid.com)
- Combining various antiretroviral agents into one single dosage form has been a strategy to reduce pill burden and enhance medication adherence among human immunodeficiency virus /AIDS (HIV/AIDS) patients. (ovid.com)