The systematic surveying, mapping, charting, and description of specific geographical sites, with reference to the physical features that were presumed to influence health and disease. Medical topography should be differentiated from EPIDEMIOLOGY in that the former emphasizes geography whereas the latter emphasizes disease outbreaks.
The measurement of curvature and shape of the anterior surface of the cornea using techniques such as keratometry, keratoscopy, photokeratoscopy, profile photography, computer-assisted image processing and videokeratography. This measurement is often applied in the fitting of contact lenses and in diagnosing corneal diseases or corneal changes including keratoconus, which occur after keratotomy and keratoplasty.
A noninflammatory, usually bilateral protrusion of the cornea, the apex being displaced downward and nasally. It occurs most commonly in females at about puberty. The cause is unknown but hereditary factors may play a role. The -conus refers to the cone shape of the corneal protrusion. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Microscopy, Atomic Force
A type of scanning probe microscopy in which a probe systematically rides across the surface of a sample being scanned in a raster pattern. The vertical position is recorded as a spring attached to the probe rises and falls in response to peaks and valleys on the surface. These deflections produce a topographic map of the sample.
The part of brain that lies behind the BRAIN STEM in the posterior base of skull (CRANIAL FOSSA, POSTERIOR). It is also known as the "little brain" with convolutions similar to those of CEREBRAL CORTEX, inner white matter, and deep cerebellar nuclei. Its function is to coordinate voluntary movements, maintain balance, and learn motor skills.
The presence of apparently similar characters for which the genetic evidence indicates that different genes or different genetic mechanisms are involved in different pedigrees. In clinical settings genetic heterogeneity refers to the presence of a variety of genetic defects which cause the same disease, often due to mutations at different loci on the same gene, a finding common to many human diseases including ALZHEIMER DISEASE; CYSTIC FIBROSIS; LIPOPROTEIN LIPASE DEFICIENCY, FAMILIAL; and POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASES. (Rieger, et al., Glossary of Genetics: Classical and Molecular, 5th ed; Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Dental Implantation, Endosseous
Dental Prosthesis, Implant-Supported
Allied Health Occupations
Library Collection Development
Development of a library collection, including the determination and coordination of selection policy, assessment of needs of users and potential users, collection use studies, collection evaluation, identification of collection needs, selection of materials, planning for resource sharing, collection maintenance and weeding, and budgeting.
Textbooks as Topic
Academic Medical Centers
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Qatar Development Atlas - Part 1" (PDF). Ministry of Development Planning and ... Al Hemaila Medical Centre opened in 2016 to serve inhabitants of the Industrial Area. With 11 general clinics and various ... This name emerged from the area's topography. Since the region is made up of three distinct elevations, the surface on the two ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Sanaullah Ataullah (31 July 2016). "New medical centre opens for workers". The ...
List of military unit mottoes by country
Motto language: Sanskrit Topography Corps: Likita Bhutalayuddha Karya. Motto language: Sanskrit Medical Corps: Hesti Wira ... Motto language: Old Javanese (hesti) and Sanskrit (wira shakti). Army Research and Development Corps: Satiti Cakti Bhakti (" ... Motto language: Sanskrit Air force Doctrine, Education and Training Development Command: Vidyasena Viveka Vardhana. Motto ... Israeli Medical Corps: המציל נפש אחת כאילו הציל עולם שלם Ha-matsil nefesh achat, keilu hitsil olam shalem (He who saves one ...
"Yasuj University of Medical Sciences" (in Persian) World Health Organization (2000) World Directory of Medical Schools: ... A Study in Historiography and Topography" in: American Journal of Ancient History n.s. 1.1 (2002) 15-234; summarized at " ... Regional Growth without Development". Iranian Studies. 9 (4): 266-287, 269. doi:10.1080/00210867608701519. Henry Speck, " ... Yasouj University [www.yu.ac.ir] Yasuj University of Medical Sciences Yasuj Azad University  Iran portal Dr seyed Ali ...
James Ranald Martin
... of the medical features of the empire in much the same way as topography was critical for military and economic development. ... During the Burma War, a number of his colleagues in the Medical Department of the Bengal Army wrote topographies of Rakhine ... His notes on the medical topography of Calcutta pioneered a genre of works that explored linkages between climate, public ... health and development. He was made the President of the East India Company's medical board in 1843. In 1856, he substantially ...
Cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome
This would allow CCAS to be studied over a long period to see how CCAS affects development. It may be of interest to ... In Moor-Jankowski J. & Goldsmith E.I. (Eds.), Medical Primatology 1970. Basel: Karger. Konarski, J. Z., McIntyre, R. S., Grupp ... Stoodley, C. J. & Schmahmann, J. D. (2009). Functional topography in the human cerebellum: A meta-analysis of neuroimaging ... Underdiagnosis may reflect lack of familiarity of this syndrome in the scientific and medical community. The nature and variety ...
Woodbury, New Jersey
Inspira Medical Center Woodbury, Inspira Health Network. Accessed November 12, 2013. Conaboy, Chelsea. "Plan would put houses ... Snyder, John P. The Story of New Jersey's Civil Boundaries: 1606-1968, Bureau of Geology and Topography; Trenton, New Jersey; ... New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, February 2011. Accessed July 9, 2012. New Jersey County Map, New ... New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Accessed July 9, 2012. QuickFacts for Woodbury city, New Jersey; ...
... scientists continued to justify the institution of slavery by citing the effect of topography and climate on racial development ... Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present. Knopf ... Other, more logical medical theories stressed the equality of Africans and laid poor black health at the feet of their abusers ... In Medical Apartheid, Harriet A. Washington noted the prevalence of two different views on blacks in the 19th century: the ...
Harirampur (community development block)
"Brief Industrial Profile of Dakshin Dinajpur district" (PDF). Pages 3-4: Topography. MSME Development Institute Kolkata. ... Harirampur Rural Hospital at Harirampur (with 30 beds) is the main medical facility in Harirampur CD Block. There is a primary ... With the introduction of the Community Development Programme in 1960-61, community development blocks were set up in West ... "West Bengal Human Development Report 2004" (PDF). Page 80: Table 4.5 Per capita consumption in rural and urban areas by ...
Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary (32nd ed.). Elsevier Saunders. 2012. p. 1238. ISBN 978-1-4160-6257-8. Kandel E (2006 ... Lui JH, Hansen DV, Kriegstein AR (July 2011). "Development and evolution of the human neocortex". Cell. 146 (1): 18-36. doi: ... Moerel M, De Martino F, Formisano E (2006). "An anatomical and functional topography of human auditory cortical areas". Front. ... Richman DP, Stewart RM, Hutchinson JW, Caviness VS (July 1975). "Mechanical model of brain convolutional development". Science ...
Indonesian Army Doctrine, Education and Training Development Command
... in Cimahi Topography Training Centre (Pusat Pendidikan Topografi (Pusdiktop)) in Bandung Corps of Engineers Training School ( ... Pusat Pendidikan Zeni (Pusdikzi)) in Bogor Army Medical School (Pusat Pendidikan Kesehatan (Pusdikkes)) in Jakarta Intelligence ... Indonesian Army Doctrine, Education and Training Development Command (Indonesian: Komando Pembinaan Doktrin, Pendidikan dan ... Includes all work efforts and activities in the field of research and development of the Army Doctrine and the operational ...
Balurghat (community development block)
"Brief Industrial Profile of Dakshin Dinajpur district" (PDF). Pages 3-4: Topography. MSME Development Institute Kolkata. ... is the main medical facility in Balurghat CD Block. There are primary health centres at Bara Kasipur (Bharandah (Bolader) PHC ... With the introduction of the Community Development Programme in 1960-61, community development blocks were set up in West ... "West Bengal Human Development Report 2004" (PDF). Page 80: Table 4.5 Per capita consumption in rural and urban areas by ...
In further development of this work, Guerra showed that super-resolved lateral topography is attained by phase-shifting the ... SIM microscopy could potentially replace electron microscopy as a tool for some medical diagnoses. These include diagnosis of ... Development of the dSTORM method occurred at 3 independent laboratories at about the same time and was also called "reversible ... On 8 October 2014, the Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to Eric Betzig, W.E. Moerner and Stefan Hell for "the development ...
In general, we[who?] may consider the following six basic fields: the development of systems of medical knowledge and medical ... was previously seen as a source of knowledge represented by the reports called medical geographies and medical topographies ... A recent book by Saillant & Genest describes a large international panorama of the development of medical anthropology, and ... An Introduction to Medical Anthropology, New York: McGraw-Hill. Johnson, Thomas; Sargent, C. (comps.) (1992), Medical ...
Sergeant Major's Row
... reminder of the early form and topography of The Rocks and modifications that were undertaken during its growth and development ... It is assumed that the buildings were subsequently leased for medical purposes as at the end of 1985, consideration was being ... 37 & 39 also provided medical services to The Rocks community during this period. A Doctors' practice remains at No. 37. The ... Originally constructed as a speculative type development, the terraces have been occupied by a number of occupants and tenants ...
In addition to his written works involving contemporary medical issues, he was also the author of books with "history of ... Rostock, (1889). -- Hygienic topography of the city of Rostock. Biography @ Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie Jahresbericht über ... medicine" themes - such as: the development of Greek medicine and of health care in ancient Rome. Darstellung des auf dem ...
Jersey City, New Jersey
This growth and the topography greatly influenced the development of the sections of the city and its various neighborhoods. ... Jersey City Medical Center Emergency Medical Services Jersey City Police Department (JCPD) dates back to the appointment of ... "Development along the Hudson River waterfront led to the development of the 'Wall Street West' financial district, one of the ... What We Do, New Jersey Schools Development Authority. Accessed March 1, 2020. SDA Districts, New Jersey Schools Development ...
Emergency medical service is provided by Greenup County Emergency Medical Services. Flatwoods Fire Department (Station 100) is ... The topography of Flatwoods is uncharacteristic to eastern Kentucky in that it consists of flat to rolling land on a single ... when many upper-middle-class tract housing developments were built and quickly inhabited. A main contributor to Flatwoods' ... Greenup County Emergency Medical Service operates a station at 1104 Powell Lane in Flatwoods. 100.5 WKEE 93.7 The Dawg 92.7 The ...
A development of keratoscopy, corneal topography extends the measurement range from the four points a few millimeters apart ... Corneal topography, also known as photokeratoscopy or videokeratography, is a non-invasive medical imaging technique for ... Computerized corneal topography can be employed for diagnostics. It is, in fact, one of the exams the patients have to undergo ... Nevertheless, topography in itself is a measurement of the first reflective surface of the eye (tearfilm) and is not giving any ...
University of Valle
... programs with the establishment of the schools of Medical Laboratory Technicians and Engineering Auxiliaries in Topography and ... In his honor, the Government of Valle del Cauca and the Institute for the Development of Valle del Cauca (Spanish: Instituto ... 22 medical specialties, 4 nursing specialties, 3 dentistry specialties, 5 Master's degrees, and a Doctorate in medical research ... The same year, the first agreements for the development of joint research projects were signed with the Ministry of National ...
North Head Quarantine Station
... the developing medical and epidemiological knowledge; the development of Australia's immigration policies, and the experience ... The rugged topography of the southern rock cliffs in the area of the Old Mans Hat, where the power of the sea is manifest, and ... The formation and development of the Quarantine Station relates directly to the growth of Australia as a remote island nation. ... Aspect, topography and environmental agents [sun, wind, rain] affect the condition of inscriptions but the major factor is the ...
Outline of academic disciplines
... theory Social transformation Computational sociology Economic sociology/Socioeconomics Economic development Social development ... Mathematical physics Mechanics Medical physics Molecular physics Newtonian dynamics Nuclear physics Optics Plasma physics ... Transport geography Urban geography Integrated geography Cartography Celestial cartography Planetary cartography Topography ... of autism Sociology of childhood Sociology of conflict Sociology of culture Sociology of cyberspace Sociology of development ...
Aid Still Required
Its similar desert topography to the Darfur region bodes well for success of VRAI in Darfur. Due to violence surrounding the ... Following the tsunami, officials from the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) suggested the creation of a tsunami early ... a local medical center, both flourishing today, and CTEC, the first and only early-warning center of its kind in the entire ... CTEC shares Aid Still Required commitment to sustainable, ecologically friendly development and to the volunteer spirit. The ...
Sewers, schools, and street development kept pace with this massive increase, largely because of Plano's flat topography, grid ... The development is expected to feature apartments, medical facilities, restaurants, a Race Trac gas station, and a hotel. In ... According to the Plano Economic Development 2017 Leading Employers Report, Plano's top 10 employers are: About 80% of Plano's ... "Leading Employers , Plano Economic Development, TX - Official Website". www.planotexas.org. Retrieved February 24, 2019. " ...
Pimpalas is also the center for medical and veterinary care, trade, Land Development Bank branches and many Co-operative Banks ... The Marathi name signifies "a place without mountains", and indeed the taluka's topography is fairly level, with hardly any ...
... and commercial and medical developments. It is a district of Al Rayyan City, which, in turn, is a part of Metropolitan Doha. ... level topography and fertile soil. Al-Hayat Medical Center on Al Waab Street. South Al Soudan Park on Al Saham Street. ... The development will see numerous medium-rise office buildings built in Makatib Al Waab, and similarly, Ma'arid Al Waab, which ... Jawharat Al Waab, set to be the focal point of the development, encompasses 100,000 m² and will host a spa, hotel and several ...
He published his dissertation, The Medical Topography of the West Coast of Africa, in 1858. Upon completion of his studies at ... In regards to the economic development of Sierra Leone, he proposed the annexation and commercial development of surrounding ... ISBN 978-0-7486-0327-5. Horton, James Africanus Beale (1859). "On the medical topography of the west coast of Africa: including ... "On the medical topography of the west coast of Africa including sketches of its botany". While a student, he took the name " ...
India and the World Bank
The UKHSDP was issued through the International Development Association (IDA) in conjunction with the Department of Medical ... which is impeded by the size and distribution of settlements paired with the region's topography. The Uttarakhand region is a ... vacancies in its listings for medical officers and 75% vacancies for medical specialists. The project has two component areas: ... The program was launched by then minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and is under the control of the ministry of rural development. ...
He later assumed the role of International Medical Director at LASIK Vision Corporation. There, he oversaw medical protocol in ... "CXL, topography-guided, customized ablation Tx for keratoconus and post-LASIK". Archived from the original on 2016-03-10. " ... Wallerstein heads LASIK MD's research & development department. He has developed and implemented the only commercial multi- ... He has devoted the last eighteen years of his career to laser refractive care, focusing his medical practice exclusively on ...
Rio de Janeiro bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics
"Medical Services and Doping Control" (PDF). Rio de Janeiro 2016 Candidate File (PDF). 3. Brazilian Olympic Committee. February ... A bus rapid transit (BRT) system is going to be the main solution to the city's topography. Security and disaster-related risks ... "Olympic development authority established for Rio 2016 games". Rio de Janeiro bid committee. January 19, 2009. Archived from ... "Olympic development authority established for Rio 2016 games". Rio de Janeiro bid committee. January 19, 2009. Retrieved March ...
Georgian Special Operations Forces
Marksmanship Common Army Tactics Military Topography Medical Preparation Communication General Subjects Physical Training The ... Transport Company Function and mission of the training center is to ensure the development of programs for the development of ... Training on Water Marksmanship Mountain Training Airmobile Training Survival Military Topography Tactical Training Medical ... Marksmanship Mountain Training Airmobile Training Military Topography Tactical Training Medical Training Communication ...
What is Point Accumulation for Imaging in Nanoscale Topography (PAINT)?
2020, January 17). What is Point Accumulation for Imaging in Nanoscale Topography (PAINT)?. News-Medical. Retrieved on ... Further Developments in PAINT. Recently, research teams have been developing methods that utilize the principles of PAINT. The ... News-Medical.Net provides this medical information service in accordance with these terms and conditions. Please note that ... What is Point Accumulation for Imaging in Nanoscale Topography (PAINT)?. News-Medical. https://www.news-medical.net/life- ...
Purkinje Cell Heterogeneity: Its Role in Organizing the Topography of the Cerebellar Cortex Connections | SpringerLink
In: Neurobiology of Cerebellar Evolution and Development (R. Llinas, ed.). Chicago: American Medical Association, pp. 803-843. ... Before presenting our results, a brief description of the early stages of the embryonic development of the cerebellum in rats ... Altman, J. (1972b): Postnatal development of the cerebellar cortex in the rat. II. Phases in the maturation of Purkinje cells ... Altman, J., and Bayer, S.A. (1978): Prenatal development of the cerebellar system in the rat. I. Cytogenesis and histogenesis ...
Development of a geographical distribution model of Rhodnius pallescens Barber, 1932 using environmental data recorded by...
Tailored topography: a novel fabrication technique using an elasticity gradient - Soft Matter (RSC Publishing)
A facile methodology to create a wrinkled surface with a tailored topography is presented herein. The dependency of the ... c School of Medical Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, India ... b Advanced Technology Development Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, India ... Tailored topography: a novel fabrication technique using an elasticity gradient V. Parihar, S. Bandyopadhyay, S. Das, R. ...
Al Hemaila - Wikipedia
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Qatar Development Atlas - Part 1" (PDF). Ministry of Development Planning and ... Al Hemaila Medical Centre opened in 2016 to serve inhabitants of the Industrial Area. With 11 general clinics and various ... This name emerged from the areas topography. Since the region is made up of three distinct elevations, the surface on the two ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Sanaullah Ataullah (31 July 2016). "New medical centre opens for workers". The ...
List of military unit mottoes by country - Wikipedia
Motto language: Sanskrit Topography Corps: Likita Bhutalayuddha Karya. Motto language: Sanskrit Medical Corps: Hesti Wira ... Motto language: Old Javanese (hesti) and Sanskrit (wira shakti). Army Research and Development Corps: Satiti Cakti Bhakti (" ... Motto language: Sanskrit Air force Doctrine, Education and Training Development Command: Vidyasena Viveka Vardhana. Motto ... Israeli Medical Corps: המציל נפש אחת כאילו הציל עולם שלם Ha-matsil nefesh achat, keilu hitsil olam shalem (He who saves one ...
Non-suicidal self-injury in United States adults: prevalence, sociodemographics, topography and functions | Psychological...
... topography and functions - Volume 41 Issue 9 - E. D. Klonsky ... APA (2010). DSM-5 Development. (www.dsm5.org). Accessed 2 May ... Canadian Medical Association Journal 178, 306-312.. Nock, MK (2009). Non-suicidal Self-injury: Origins, Assessment, and ... Nock, MK, Holmberg, EB, Photos, VI, Michel, BD (2007). The Self-Injurious Thoughts and Behaviors Interview: development, ... Non-suicidal self-injury in United States adults: prevalence, sociodemographics, topography and functions. * E. D. Klonsky (a1) ...
Development of a virtual cell model to predict cell response to substrate topography - Enlighten: Publications
College of Medical Veterinary and Life Sciences , Institute of Molecular Cell and Systems Biology. ... Development of a virtual cell model to predict cell response to substrate topography ... Development of a virtual cell model to predict cell response to substrate topography. ACS Nano, 11(9), pp. 9084-9092. (doi: ... This may provide a reliable, efficient, and fast high-throughput approach for the development of optimized substrates for a ...
public health facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about public health
One is the development of medical science and technology. Understanding the nature and cause of disease provides a basis for ... When applied to regions or communities, these investigations were known as medical topographies. Comprising sanitary surveys, ... See alsoHealth; Illness; Medical Care; Medical Personnel; Vital Statistics; and the biographies ofGraunt; Petty.] ... Development of the health sciences. This evolution has gone hand in hand with the development of a complicated urban industrial ...
Topography of coronary arteries and their ramifications in the goat | Springer for Research & Development
5.Department of Normal and Clinical Anatomy, Interfaculty Chair of Anatomy and HistologyMedical University of ŁódźŁódźPoland ... 4.Department of Angiology, Interfaculty Chair of Anatomy and HistologyMedical University of ŁódźŁódźPoland ... 2015). However, the available literature provides little information on the topography of coronary arteries and their ... Examination of mitral regurgitation with a goat heart model for the development of intelligent artificial papillary muscle. ...
Scoliosis Program | Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Medical care * Search A-Z. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ... Scoliosis bracing using new technology: New bracing using surface topography to improve scoliosis correction. ... doctors follow his or her growth and development carefully. One of the most important advantages of using the EOS scanner is ...
Generic Name Lexapro : Guaranteed Delivery
Development is after it, and has sent health analyses to claim it. There was an dizziness detecting your medication, please not ... Generic medications of account treatments and ordering topography weeks in meds.. The daynighti that diabetes can be not ... Protection is lexapro name generic warranted with any medical neurodegeneration until methadone of glaucoma occurs. You may ... In the name development, free the descending lawsuits from education 25 first remain immune from the vital poker, traveling ...
Search Results - - 20,566 Results - UNT Digital Library
... and biological and medical sciences. In future, the designs will be altered to include new developments in x-ray optics and ... The research areas addressed by the samples beamlines are as follows: Topography and Radiography/Tomography (section 2); ... Development of Rations for the Enhanced Survival of Salmon Annual Report 1 1 Development of an Inspection Platform and a Suite ... ANL Laboratory Directed Research and Development Annual Report 1 1 AWBA Development Program 1 1 Accurate Nuclear Fuel Burnup ...
Cellulose-Based Hydrogels in Topical Drug Delivery: A Challenge in Medical Devices | SpringerLink
Therefore, fundamental research and the development of novel advanced... ... Hydrogels provide mechanical support and control over architecture, topography, and biochemical characteristics that make them ... Agubata CO, Okereke C, Nzekwe IT, Onoja RI, Obitte NC (2016) Development and evaluation of wound healing hydrogels based on a ... Garland MJ, Migalska K, Mahmood TMT, Singh TRR, Woolfson AD, Donnelly RF (2011) Microneedle arrays as medical devices for ...
Dr. Mohinder Merchea joins Alcon to lead Medical Affairs for US and Canada Vision Care | Alcon.com
MBA as Head of Medical Affairs for Vision Care in the US and Canada. ... clinical research and medical device development. His clinical expertise includes refractive surgery, keratoconus, topography, ... claims development for medical device marketing, key opinion leader strategy and promotional review.. Dr. Merchea earned his ... His broad medical affairs expertise in eye care and passion for innovation will help Alcon drive further toward its vision of ...
US4662730A - Scanning keratometers - Google Patents
Amo Development, Llc. Combined wavefront and topography systems and methods US20090161090A1 (en) * 2007-06-27. 2009-06-25. ... Advanced Medical Optics, Inc.. Systems and Methods for Measuring the Shape and Location of an object ... Amo Development, Llc. Combined wavefront and topography systems and methods US8622546B2 (en) 2011-06-08. 2014-01-07. Amo ... Topography measuring apparatus US4998819A (en) * 1987-11-25. 1991-03-12. Taunton Technologies, Inc.. Topography measuring ...
Surface | Thommen Medical
For outstanding product development and design, Thommen Medical AG has been honored with the distinguished reddot design ... Surface Topography. The gold standard for osseointegration. Many consider the sandblasted, thermal acid-etched microrough ... In an observational medical device performance study, 20 Thommen Medical implants were placed and early loaded after 21 days. ... INICELL® represents the further development of the sandblasted and thermal acid etched Thommen surface. ...
PDF) The Tourism Industry: An Overview
medical care and hospitalisation (and where necessary, repatriation); personal accident; cancellation or curtailment of holiday ... development organisations. Their interests may be international, national, destinational or sectorial. At an international ... The amazing topography, incredible food & beverages and wonderful culture have all made India to excel in world tourism. The ... Medical tourism involves those people who are travelling to obtain medical treatment in a different country. ...
Artificial Neural Networks in Medical Diagnosis | Springer for Research & Development
Hiraiwa, A., Shimohara, K. and Tokunaga, Y. (1990), "EEG topography recognition by neural networks," IEEE Eng. in Med. & Biol. ... Penny, W. and Frost, D. (1996), "Neural networks in clinical medicine," Medical Decision Making, vol. 16, pp. 386-398.PubMed ... Acute Myeloid Leukemia Artificial Neural Network Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Medical Diagnosis Hide Unit These keywords were ... Miller, A.S., Blott, B.H. and Hames, T.K. (1992), "Review of neural network applications in medical imaging and signal ...
The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Nervous System, Volume 7, Part 1 - Brain - 2nd Edition
Purchase The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Nervous System, Volume 7, Part 1 - Brain - 2nd Edition. Print Book & E ... 1-13 The External Development of the Brain. in the Second and Third Trimesters, 14 ... 5-4 General Topography of the. Hypothalamus, 115. 5-5 Overview of Hypothalamic Nuclei, 116 ... Brain, Part 1 of The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations: Nervous System, 2nd Edition, provides a highly visual guide to ...
The Ciba Collection of Medical Illustrations: Digestive system. pt. 1. Upper ... - Frank Henry Netter - Google Books
PLATE NUMBER i Development of Liver and Its Venous Svstem 1. Prenatal and Postnatal Circulation ... Volume 3, Issue 3 of The Ciba Collection of Medical Illustrations, Frank Henry Netter. ... The Ciba Collection of Medical Illustrations: A compilation of paintings on .... Frank Henry Netter. Snippet view - 1962. ... The Ciba Collection of Medical Illustrations: Digestive system. pt. 1. Upper .... Frank Henry Netter. Snippet view - 1959. ...
Early Mention of the Term Epidemiology - Volume 22, Number 11-November 2016 - Emerging Infectious Diseases journal - CDC
SPIE Photonics West 2017
The forum will be hosted by Stephen G. Anderson, director of industry development for SPIE, and include a new analysis of the ... SPIE Fellow Bruce J. Tromberg, director of the Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic at University of California (UC), ... Hideaki Koizumi of Hitachi (Japan); instrumentation and applications for optical topography (functional NIRS) ... SPIE member Lionel Kimerling of MIT, who heads a program in education and workforce development for the American Institute for ...
Materials | Free Full-Text | Osteoblasts Interaction with PLGA Membranes Functionalized with Titanium Film Nanolayer by PECVD....
Both morphological changes and cytoskeletal reorganization, together with the focal adhesion development observed in HOB ... Moreover, actin cytoskeletal development within the cytoplasm, as clearly stained by rhodamine, revealed that on bare PLGA most ... Nevertheless, although surface topography of titanium implants has been shown to modulate the percentage of bone-implant ... Titanium (Ti) and its alloys are used extensively for medical devices in dental, orthopaedic, and cardiovascular fields due to ...
Simultaneous topography-guided PRK followed by corneal collagen cross- | OPTH
Department of Biotechnology and Medical-Surgical Sciences, Latina, ItalyBackground: The purpose of this paper is to report the ... Simultaneous topography-guided PRK followed by corneal collagen cross-linking after lamellar keratoplasty for keratoconus ... Copyright 2020 • Dove Press Ltd • software development by maffey.com • Web Design by Adhesion ... Simultaneous topography-guided PRK followed by corneal collagen cross-linking after lamellar keratoplasty for keratoconus. ...
Article Metrics] Color light-emitting diode reflection topography: validation of kerato | OPTH
2New York University Medical School, New York, NY, USAPurpose: To investigate repeatability of steep and flat keratometry ... LED topography, point-source topography, VU topographer, axis of astigmatism, Cassini topographer, steep meridian, surface ... This novel corneal topography device appears to offer very high specificity in estimating corneal keratometry and specific ... employing a novel corneal reflection topography device.Methods: Steep and flat keratometry and astigmatism axis measurement ...
University of Glasgow - Schools - James Watt School of Engineering - Our staff - Prof Nikolaj Gadegaard
Alakpa, E. V., Burgess, K. E.V., Chung, P., Riehle, M. O. , Gadegaard, N. , Dalby, M. J. and Cusack, M. (2017) Nacre topography ... Donoghue, P.S., Lamond, R., Boomkamp, S.D., Tao, S., Gadegaard, N. , Riehle, M.O. and Barnett, S.C. (2013) The development of a ... Advanced manufacturing of medical implants and devices. Injection moulding is the preferred technology used to make large ... Alakpa, E. V., Burgess, K. E.V., Chung, P., Riehle, M. O. , Gadegaard, N. , Dalby, M. J. and Cusack, M. (2017) Nacre topography ...
Titan Spine receives U.S. patent for competitive interbody devices
United States Patent Office that protects the Company against competitive interbody devices with a roughened surface topography ... a medical device surface technology company focused on the development of innovative spinal interbody fusion implants, ... Titan Spine, a medical device surface technology company focused on the development of innovative spinal interbody fusion ... News-Medical.Net provides this medical information service in accordance with these terms and conditions. Please note that ...
Stem Cell Breakthrough | University of Southampton
... it could herald the development of new medical devices with therapeutic application and approaches to understanding stem cell ... "It is important to realise the ability to retain skeletal stem cell phenotype using surface topography offers a step change in ... Professor Richard Oreffo, who led the University of Southampton team, adds: "Development of platform technologies that allow ... Stem cell breakthrough heralds new era of therapy development. Published: 18 July 2011 ...
Topography | definition of topography by Medical dictionary
... topography explanation free. What is topography? Meaning of topography medical term. What does topography mean? ... Looking for online definition of topography in the Medical Dictionary? ... General Developments). The following exercise uses data collected from TOPEX/Poseidon, an earlier mission, to study the ... Topography , definition of topography by Medical dictionary https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/topography ...
CornealIncluding the topography of the corneaRefractive surgerySubstrate topographyOcular surfaceTomographyOsseointegrationMoireOphthalmologyBiomaterialWavefront2016KeratoconusCorneaMicroscopyPeople'sScoliosis2017Company'sOculusResearchRecent developmentsAnatomyAnteriorOpticsSpinal2001PrenatalPharmacologyNeuralDental implantsCentreImplant site developmentConnectionsDifferencesCharacteristicsSpatialDevicesScopeTissueMeasurementAdhesionPracticeCollection of Medical IllustrationsSkeletalFetalDifferentiationSiteImplicationsAdvancesDeviceMechanismsTraumaEmbryoHealthSystemsTechniquesImplantsAlconXenopus
- The purpose of the study was to analyze corneal topography in patients with cataract after previous anterior radial keratotomy Material and Methods. (ssmj.ru)
- Corneal topography allows to establish the pattern of the post keratotomy corneal deformation, to identify its irregular zones, and to determine features of the central optical zone. (ssmj.ru)
- Optimization of the calculation of the optical power of the toric IOL in patients with cataracts and altered corneal topography. (ssmj.ru)
- Corneal topography of keratoconus. (ssmj.ru)
- 10. Wilson SE, Ambrosio R. Computerized corneal topography and its importance to wavefront technology. (ssmj.ru)
- Key features of this volume include: - A straightforward approach to ophthalmic examination flow, evaluation and documentation - A review of Scleral lens care and handling - Descriptions of a variety of complex medical and ocular indications for scleral lenses - Strategic tips to promote your own scleral lens practice - A unique perspective of esteemed corneal specialists regarding the collaborative care of the patient This textbook is a suitable reference for ophthalmology students and practitioners. (eurekaselect.com)
- Patients with high regular corneal astigmatism can be excellent candidates for refractive surgery if the topography and tomography readings are normal. (crstoday.com)
- Computerized Corneal Topography, also known as videokeratography and Computer- assisted Keratography, is a technique used for mapping the surface curvature of the cornea. (geisinger.org)
- In contrary, the corneal topography systems product type segment is projected to reflect a significant CAGR throughout the forecast period. (express-press-release.net)
- however, the advent of computer-assisted photokeratoscopy in ophthalmology practice is improving the performance of corneal topography. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Market players will continue to invest in research & development activities by leveraging technology, and establish their products as new gold standards in the corneal topographers landscape. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
Including the topography of the cornea1
- A comprehensive ophthalmological examination was performed, including the topography of the cornea using a Pentacam HR apparatus (Oculus, Germany) with the determination of elevation points of the anterior cornea. (ssmj.ru)
- My first step in evaluating potential refractive surgery candidates is to scrutinize the topography and tomography. (crstoday.com)
- A computer controlled integrated system suitable for multiple industrial and medical applications is described, particularly where a UV (at 210 nm and 213 nm) solid state laser is desired such as in refractive surgery. (google.com)
- These films generally reproduce substrate topography, thus they do not need any post-finishing, which is required for diamond coatings. (fu-berlin.de)
- These topics include the history and evolution of scleral lenses, basic scleral lens structure, optics and customizable features of scleral lenses, analysis of ocular surface shape, ocular surface topography and advances in optometry technology. (eurekaselect.com)
- Spectral domain optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a widely employed, minimally invasive bio-medical imaging technique, which requires a broadband light source, typically implemented by super-luminescent diodes. (octnews.org)
- Bone formation, in skeletal development or in osseointegration processes, is the result of interaction between angiogenesis and osteogenesis. (frontiersin.org)
- Roxolid™, our new titanium/zirconium implant alloy, took many years to develop, but at the end we have a superior material which has both higher strength and the topography for excellent osseointegration. (titanium.org)
- Together they developed a transverse loading system for scoliosis surgery, a machine for the use in Moire topography, and one of the first anterior spinal plates. (srs.org)
- The development of many innovations in ophthalmology did not happen in a straightforward manner as shown in these case examples. (modernmedicine.com)
- The goal is systematically engineer the surface chemistry, energy and topography of biomaterial scaffolds to mimic the fetal reepithelialization process. (rochester.edu)
- Surface modification techniques tailor the surface chemistry and topography of the biomaterial, which affects microbial colonization [ 13 ]. (hindawi.com)
- My level of suspicion also rises if the coma measures higher than 0.2 µm with the WaveScan Wavefront System (Abbott Medical Optics). (crstoday.com)
- Al Hemaila Medical Centre opened in 2016 to serve inhabitants of the Industrial Area. (wikipedia.org)
- Recent developments in keratoconus diagnosis. (ssmj.ru)
- Cornea in patients with a complicated medical history is exposed to additional bio-mechanical loads, which negatively affects keratotopography. (ssmj.ru)
- This is done by applying vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) as an eye drop and then exposing the cornea to ultra- violet light from a medical device intended for this function. (eyesite.org)
- A method for determining the topography of the cornea of an eye on the basis of an optical, contactless data capture. (octnews.org)
- Point accumulation for imaging in nanoscale topography represents a major step forward in the imaging capabilities of super-resolution microscopy in real-time. (news-medical.net)
- This course will challenge you to discover and help you to understand the anatomy of the abdomen and pelvis in all its aspects, ranging from its embryological underpinnings, via digital microscopy to gross topography and its clinical applications. (coursera.org)
- Therefore, since starting my research group at the University of Rochester first, and at the Medical College of Wisconsin later and now at Stanford we have focused on the development and translation of AO and microscopy techniques into tools that can be used to address real clinical problems. (stanford.edu)
- No differences in bacterial morphology and topography were observed on both materials, as analyzed by SEM and atomic force microscopy (AFM). (hindawi.com)
- The three-volume set LNCS 10433, 10434, and 10435 constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, MICCAI 2017, held inQuebec City, Canada, in September 2017. (springer.com)
- MELVILLE, N.Y., Sept. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health, and medical practitioners, announced today three investments that will advance the Company's dental implant business strategy. (pharmiweb.com)
- Intra-Lock, Medentis Medical, and Pro-Cam Implants will complement Henry Schein's existing solutions for implant-based tooth replacement, and strengthen the Company's position in the global dental implant market. (pharmiweb.com)
- The company's portfolio includes 3.8 million square feet of healthcare development and acquisition projects. (bio-medicine.org)
- Regarding topography devices, the numbers seem to indicate that surgeons are using more than one device, with the Atlas (Zeiss Humphrey) and Pentacam (Oculus) leading the pack. (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- Therefore, fundamental research and the development of novel advanced biomaterials as hydrogels are ongoing to overcome these issues. (springer.com)
- In this chapter, we discuss recent developments in cellulose-based hydrogels with respect to drug delivery and current applications in the new devices and research settings for infections, inflammations, skin burns, and wound treatment. (springer.com)
- His strategic background will allow Dr. Merchea to partner easily with our research and development, clinical and regulatory organizations to provide innovative solutions for our customers and their patients. (alcon.com)
- Dr. Merchea brings more than 18 years of experience in eye health, clinical research and medical device development. (alcon.com)
- SPIE Fellow Bruce J. Tromberg, director of the Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic at University of California (UC), Irvine (USA), and cochair of the translational research applications track at Photonics West, will deliver the keynote talk on the future of personal health management. (spie.org)
- During a figure period, it characterizes the exceptional or awesome fit for the organization players to embrace progressive combination and obtaining techniques, topography scope, research and advancement, new item acquaintance procedures with execute further business extension and development. (pharmiweb.com)
- A further focus of our research is the development of novel targeted delivery technology for the elimination of bacterial infections that can hamper repair processes. (cardiff.ac.uk)
- We have additionally developed novel 3D tissue culture models in support of these studies and development of novel non-animal alternatives remain a focus of our research. (cardiff.ac.uk)
- Research associated with evaluating and forecasting the medical and demographic situation and the population's health showed that under the standard territorial classification, the Republic of Altay falls in group 1--the most unfavorable. (fas.org)
- Dr. Thierry Giorno, CEO and Director of Research & Development of Intra-Lock, will act as a consultant providing insights and strategic guidance to help accelerate the development of implants and new technologies for Henry Schein that will help dentists and improve oral health. (pharmiweb.com)
- Scientific research at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell Biology addresses fundamental questions in biochemistry and cell biology. (gu.se)
- The department conducts research on the structure and function of biomolecules as well as the structure, development and function of cells and tissues. (gu.se)
- The research carried in our department investigates basic scientific mechanisms and their medical significance, with many projects performed in close collaboration with clinical collaborators and the pharmaceutical industry. (gu.se)
- MARKET RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OR SOLICITATION The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Acquisitions and Grants Services (OAGS) is conducting market research to support the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) requirement for services to evaluate the impact of tobacco products on human behavior, switching behaviors, topography, and pharmacology/toxicology, inclusive of clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. (fbodaily.com)
- A unique aspect of this research program is the melding of cross-disciplinary skills in surface science, physical chemistry, microfluidic device engineering, optics, and biological and medical sciences. (rochester.edu)
- We offer logistical support, assistance with analysis, and method development research. (leeds.ac.uk)
- The Institute for Process Research and Development (iPRD) is a collaborative venture bringing together chemists and chemical process engineers with industry to improve manufacturing processes of fine chemicals, pharmaceuticals and new materials. (leeds.ac.uk)
- aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Innovations in Rural Health Systems Development. (waset.org)
- Also, high quality research contributions describing original and unpublished results of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work in all areas of Innovations in Rural Health Systems Development are cordially invited for presentation at the conference. (waset.org)
- My research is conducted at the Children's Medical Research Institute, part of the Westmead Research Hub. (edu.au)
- My PhD at Children's Medical Research Institute aims to understand how cancer cells achieve immortality. (edu.au)
- This stimulation on stimulus correspondent is received on medical behavior full research. (gateoperator.net)
- Francisco Faoro, of Institut Straumann AG, a leading manufacturer of dental products targeted to premium markets, points out that alloy research and development, on the other hand, remains strong, at least at his firm. (titanium.org)
- The department is responsible for teaching anatomy, molecular cell biology, developmental biology and functional cell biology within the medical program. (gu.se)
- The download The Subthalamic Nucleus: Part I: Development, Cytology, Topography and Connections (Advances in Anatomy, Embryology and Cell Biology) graphic lot field full event chemistry you' 4 of the engines taught the register as the theoretical next papa, theoretical commercial theoretical, and their download It' baked really other, with clean abroad than limited colleges. (amarterasu.de)
- Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology and Anatomy, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands. (nih.gov)
- The main aim of the human anatomy is, the description of the shape, of the macro-microscopic structure, topography of the organs related to the individual, sexual, constitutional specific features of the human organism, taking into consideration the phylogenetic and ontogenetic aspects of development. (docme.ru)
- The author's aim was to furnish medical students with a clear, accurate, and concise account of the anatomy of the brain, to be used as a guide. (e-booksdirectory.com)
- Mediastinal cancers are divided according to the topography (anterior, medial or posterior mediastinum) and whether benign or malignant. (ieo.it)
- The forum will be hosted by Stephen G. Anderson, director of industry development for SPIE, and include a new analysis of the global market for optics and biophotonics. (spie.org)
- The femtosecond laser used most often is the LenSx (Alcon), followed by the Catalys (Abbott Medical Optics), according to survey results. (ophthalmologytimes.com)
- I then pursued my PhD work and a first postdoctoral position at the Photonics Group in Imperial College London, where I worked on instrumentation to study the topography of the tear film and adaptive optics (AO). (stanford.edu)
- Development of functional polymer films and film stacks has been under increasing demand to create new generations of novel, compact, light-weight optics. (intechopen.com)
- Titan Spine, a medical device surface technology company focused on the development of innovative spinal interbody fusion implants, announced today that it has been awarded patent #US 8,262,737 B2 by the United States Patent Office that protects the Company against competitive interbody devices with a roughened surface topography, anti-expulsion edges, and access to a hollow center. (news-medical.net)
- CARLSBAD, Calif., Aug. 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SeaSpine Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SPNE), a global medical technology company focused on surgical solutions for the treatment of spinal disorders, today announced the full commercial launch of the Shoreline RT Cervical Interbody Implant System. (biospace.com)
- Combined with proprietary NanoMetalene technology and the deliberate design of Reef Topography surface technology, Shoreline RT is a perfect illustration of our Fusion Engineered™ philosophy," stated Dennis Cirino, Senior Vice President, Global Spinal Systems. (biospace.com)
- SeaSpine (www.seaspine.com) is a global medical technology company focused on the design, development and commercialization of surgical solutions for the treatment of patients suffering from spinal disorders. (biospace.com)
- Expertise in both orthobiologic sciences and spinal implants product development allows SeaSpine to offer its surgeon customers a differentiated portfolio and a complete solution to meet their fusion requirements. (biospace.com)
- Analysis of spinal alignment and pelvic parameters on upright radiographs: implications for acetabular development. (rchsd.org)
- Based in Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler and founded in 2001, Medentis Medical GmbH is a fast-growing provider of value-priced dental implants. (pharmiweb.com)
- Altman, J., and Bayer, S.A. (1978): Prenatal development of the cerebellar system in the rat. (springer.com)
- Input and development of scientific protocols and methodologies for clinical pharmacology and behavioral studies. (fbodaily.com)
- Prof. Smith s laboratory explores the development, structure, function and disorders of the brain s neural circuitry. (stanford.edu)
- Structural design and surface topography of dental implants enhance the cell attachment and can affect the biological response. (frontiersin.org)
- With 11 general clinics and various specialized clinics, the medical centre can service upwards of 24,000 patients per month. (wikipedia.org)
Implant site development2
- We propose that this PC heterogeneity is subsequently recognized by afferent fibers and thus underlies the topography of the cerebellar cortex connections. (springer.com)
- Hydrogels provide mechanical support and control over architecture, topography, and biochemical characteristics that make them functionally appropriate to biomedical materials. (springer.com)
- Normally, the passage of ITCZ leads the onset of the two rainy seasons by 3 to 4 weeks, but this may be modulated from season to season by the interactions between the ITCZ and perturbations in the global climate circulation, as well as with changes in the local circulation systems initiated by land surface heterogeneity induced by variable vegetation characteristics, large inland lakes, and topography [12-14]. (thefreedictionary.com)
- It has been found that the spatial distributions of the topography and the hydrophobicity collectively decide the resultant wettability of the substrate. (rsc.org)
- To systematically evaluate descriptive measures of spatial access to medical treatment, as part of the millennium development goals to reduce the burden of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. (ingentaconnect.com)
- We obtained high-resolution spatial and epidemiological data on health services, population, transport network, topography, land cover and paediatric fever treatment in four Kenyan districts to develop access and use models for government health services in Kenya. (ingentaconnect.com)
- If this new technology enables us to create sufficient stem cells, and to pattern hip implants, for example, it could herald the development of new medical devices with therapeutic application and approaches to understanding stem cell fate and regulation. (southampton.ac.uk)
- At present, one of the most important industrial applications of the family of amorphous carbon coatings is in data storage devices, both magnetic and optical, where developments of DLC as a protective layer could allow increases of the data storage density up to ~1 Tbit/in 2 and ~60 Gbit/in 2 , respectively . (fu-berlin.de)
- This study was performed to investigate the surface topography of different glaucoma drainage devices and to determine the effects of surface roughness on cell adhesion of cultured human tenon fibroblasts. (arvojournals.org)
- The most frequently implanted glaucoma drainage devices are of markedly different surface topography. (arvojournals.org)
- Contact lenses are considered medical devices and can be worn to correct refractive error, for cosmetic or therapeutic reasons. (geisinger.org)
- With the growing medical technology, manufacturers are increasingly focusing on integrating leading technological features in the optometric devices that offers enhanced vision screening applications to the end users. (express-press-release.net)
- Regulatory norms for the development and approval of medical devices differ from country to country. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- In China, the supervision and administration of medical devices is governed by the China State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA). (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Hans Schmotzer, of SigmaRC, a technical expert and management consultant in medical new product development, observes, "You have to admit if you look at these fields - devices, hardware products - from a general market and also an investor financial perspective, the market in the developed countries is in a very, very mature state. (titanium.org)
- Product specifications are subject to change in design and scope of delivery as a result of ongoing technical development. (zeiss.com)
- Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue Topography in Long-Term Enterally Fed Children and Healthy Controls. (medunigraz.at)
- Both morphological changes and cytoskeletal reorganization, together with the focal adhesion development observed in HOB osteoblasts, significantly related to TiO 2 treated PLGA in which the Ti deposition method described has revealed to be a valuable tool to increase bioactivity of PLGA membranes, by combining cell nanotopography cues with the incorporation of bioactive factors. (mdpi.com)
- Another important strategy for inhibiting the bacterial adhesion and development of biofilm is by means of modifying the material surface properties. (hindawi.com)
- Electronic Medical Record Adoption: The Effect on Efficiency, Completeness, and Accuracy in an Academic Orthopaedic Practice. (rchsd.org)
Collection of Medical Illustrations1
- The Ciba Collection of Medical Illustrations: Digestive system. (google.com.au)
- Professor Richard Oreffo, who led the University of Southampton team, adds: "Development of platform technologies that allow the scale up of skeletal or mesenchymal stem cells offers a whole new approach to skeletal regenerative medicine. (southampton.ac.uk)
- It is important to realise the ability to retain skeletal stem cell phenotype using surface topography offers a step change in current approaches for stem cell biology. (southampton.ac.uk)
- Contemporary molecular biology techniques have helped to shed light on one key trigger of autism - the transfer of maternal autoantibodies against critical proteins in the developing fetal brain during pregnancy, which results in the development of approx. (mrs.org)
- This may provide a reliable, efficient, and fast high-throughput approach for the development of optimized substrates for a broad range of cellular applications including stem cell differentiation. (gla.ac.uk)
- The MOB will be placed on top of a one-story, open parking level to take advantage of the site topography and to create covered parking for physicians. (bio-medicine.org)
- If the chemistry can be manipulated to send signals to form bone minerals more quickly or stronger it may have important implications to the medical field. (worldhealth.net)
- The review explains in a nonspecialist, medical/pathogenetic context the implications of UPD for embryogenesis and cancer evolution. (aacrjournals.org)
- In recent years, there have been important advances in the science of carbon such as the development of chemical vapor deposition of diamond, the discovery of fullerenes, carbon nanotubes and graphene. (fu-berlin.de)
- Recent advances in soliton based photonic integrated frequency combs (soliton microcombs) have enabled the development of low-noise, broadband chipscale frequency comb sources, whose potential for OCT imaging has not yet been unexplored. (octnews.org)
- He is also experienced in supporting commercial organizations in competitive strategy and tactics, claims development for medical device marketing, key opinion leader strategy and promotional review. (alcon.com)
- Pharmaceutical and medical device companies allocate a considerable amount of resources to ensure their products meet quality standards at every stage of the product life cycle, from R&D and product development through manufacturing, sale, and post-market support. (best-in-class.com)
- Best Practices, LLC engaged 23 Quality leaders from 23 pharma and medical device companies through a benchmarking survey. (best-in-class.com)
- This report includes segmented data for pharma and medical device companies. (best-in-class.com)
- Medical device companies are nearly twice as likely as pharma companies to rank quality integration across GxPs as a "very important" priority. (best-in-class.com)
- However, the base of approval for any medical device is dependent on efficiency and safety. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- Elucidating mechanisms that promote this plasticity is critical for the development of new therapeutics with a broad treatment window. (stanford.edu)
- This book on the pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis concentrates on the potential etiology and treatment of multiple sclerosis, and basic studies discussing mechanisms and pathways involved in the development and progression of the disease. (e-booksdirectory.com)
- During the sixth to the eighth week of the embryological development, the intestines grew so fast that they grew out of the body of the embryo, into the umbilical cord that protruded outside the embryo. (coursera.org)
- He wrote the first known account of embryology, in which he described the development in a chick embryo. (docme.ru)
- Although injury is a major public-health problem, the government, medical fraternity, and the society are yet to recognize it as a significant public health challenge. (ebscohost.com)
- Nepal: Reproductive Health Commodity Pricing Survey Understanding Equity, Access, and Affordability of Essential Reproductive Health Commodities Raja Rao Dhruba Thapa Nepal: Reproductive Health Commodity Pricing Survey Understanding Equity, Access, and Affordability of Essential Reproductive Health Commodities Raja Rao Dhruba Thapa DELIVER DELIVER, a six-year, worldwide technical assistance support contract, is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). (rhsupplies.org)
- HRN-C-00-00-00010-00) and subcontractors (Manoff Group, Program for Appropriate Technology in Health [PATH], and Social Sectors Development Strategies, Inc.), DELIVER strengthens the supply chains of health and family planning programs in developing countries to ensure the availability of critical health products for customers. (rhsupplies.org)
- In 2004, NexCore Group was formed to focus exclusively on the development, acquisition, and management of healthcare real estate for health systems, hospitals, and physician groups. (bio-medicine.org)
- The access to primary sources, from original sanitary surveys of New York and Boston, to medical topographies and accounts of "health resorts" in locations such as the Adirondacks and White Mountains of New Hampshire, to the papers of Frederick Law Olmsted, gave insight to how city officials and public intellectuals at the turn of the 20th century considered the landscape's role in contagion and miasma. (doaks.org)
- ICIHHSD 2022 has teamed up with the Special Journal Issue on Innovations in Rural Health Systems Development . (waset.org)
- There used to be a time when public health came before economic development. (we-make-money-not-art.com)
- This talk will focus on different particulate systems currently under development in my lab, which attempt to control critical cellular and humoral mediators that engender conditions such as type 1 diabetes, RA, and autoimmune autism. (mrs.org)
- Whereas the ongoing development of OCT-systems will permit evaluation of pathology on a cellular scale, this is a goal which is not within the limit of the present generation of clinical OCT. On the other hand it is possible to get improved retinal information from clinical equipment like the OCT3 system by registering and combining a series of scans. (spie.org)
- Patients with kidney disease gene co localizes with desmosomes in mdck cultures mdck cells form buehr et development of gonadal duct systems in detail is required. (nationalnewstoday.com)
- Growth in the patient base has attracted market players to leverage technology to develop topography-guided personalized laser treatment systems, with increased efficiency. (transparencymarketresearch.com)
- The course is unique in that it continuously connects basic anatomical knowledge from the lab with its medical applications and current diagnostic techniques. (coursera.org)
- Rapid developments in the medical technology is transforming the treatment techniques and assisting the optometrists with accurate examinations. (express-press-release.net)
- We believe that with the investments we have made in CAMLOG, BioHorizons, and now Intra-Lock, Medentis Medical, and Pro-Cam Implants, we are well positioned to compete in the high growth global dental implant market. (pharmiweb.com)
- Our group has aimed the development of biomimetic strategies of surface modification to obtain metallic implants with osteostimulative capabilities. (ibecbarcelona.eu)
- Consequently, the biomimetically-modified implants will be reliably used on those more demanding clinical situations, cp Ti surfaces treated to obtain a combination of an optimal random surface topography (in the micro and nanolevels) with a chemical modification of the naturally-formed titania layer have been proved bioactive. (ibecbarcelona.eu)
- Fort Worth, Texas, December 15, 2015 - Alcon, the global leader in eye care and a division of Novartis, has appointed Mohinder (Mo) Merchea, OD, PhD, MBA as Head of Medical Affairs for Vision Care in the US and Canada. (alcon.com)
- In his new role for Alcon, Dr. Merchea will develop strategic scientific plans for brands in the Vision Care franchise, with a focus on the needs of patients, the medical and scientific communities and regulatory authorities. (alcon.com)
- His broad medical affairs expertise in eye care and passion for innovation will help Alcon drive further toward its vision of being the most trusted leader in eye care," said Joanne Chang, M.D., Ph.D, Head of US and Canada Clinical & Regulatory Affairs for Alcon. (alcon.com)
- The most effectively removed by such an approach dsi generated vertices are considered normal, the first thing is to complete heart blockp perioperative management of patients with genetic defects in xenopus has implicated the notch signaling pathways regulates development of the newborn period with steady growth between and nanometers spence and mason. (nationalnewstoday.com)
- While this curbed the development of xenopus laevis using inter and intra specific cell labeling in zebrafish glomerulus at hpf a longitudinal section through the wnt homepage www stanford edu rnusse wntgenes vertwnt html this chapter on normal development of. (nationalnewstoday.com)