The molecular designing of drugs for specific purposes (such as DNA-binding, enzyme inhibition, anti-cancer efficacy, etc.) based on knowledge of molecular properties such as activity of functional groups, molecular geometry, and electronic structure, and also on information cataloged on analogous molecules. Drug design is generally computer-assisted molecular modeling and does not include pharmacokinetics, dosage analysis, or drug administration analysis.
Studies comparing two or more treatments or interventions in which the subjects or patients, upon completion of the course of one treatment, are switched to another. In the case of two treatments, A and B, half the subjects are randomly allocated to receive these in the order A, B and half to receive them in the order B, A. A criticism of this design is that effects of the first treatment may carry over into the period when the second is given. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
Epidemiologic Research Design
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Analysis of Variance
Drug Administration Schedule
Facility Design and Construction
Architecture, exterior and interior design, and construction of facilities other than hospitals, e.g., dental schools, medical schools, ambulatory care clinics, and specified units of health care facilities. The concept also includes architecture, design, and construction of specialized contained, controlled, or closed research environments including those of space labs and stations.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Procedures by which protein structure and function are changed or created in vitro by altering existing or synthesizing new structural genes that direct the synthesis of proteins with sought-after properties. Such procedures may include the design of MOLECULAR MODELS of proteins using COMPUTER GRAPHICS or other molecular modeling techniques; site-specific mutagenesis (MUTAGENESIS, SITE-SPECIFIC) of existing genes; and DIRECTED MOLECULAR EVOLUTION techniques to create new genes.
Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
Quality of Life
Amino Acid Sequence
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Data Interpretation, Statistical
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Any dummy medication or treatment. Although placebos originally were medicinal preparations having no specific pharmacological activity against a targeted condition, the concept has been extended to include treatments or procedures, especially those administered to control groups in clinical trials in order to provide baseline measurements for the experimental protocol.
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Sensitivity and Specificity
A class of statistical procedures for estimating the survival function (function of time, starting with a population 100% well at a given time and providing the percentage of the population still well at later times). The survival analysis is then used for making inferences about the effects of treatments, prognostic factors, exposures, and other covariates on the function.
A general term referring to a mild to moderate degree of muscular weakness, occasionally used as a synonym for PARALYSIS (severe or complete loss of motor function). In the older literature, paresis often referred specifically to paretic neurosyphilis (see NEUROSYPHILIS). "General paresis" and "general paralysis" may still carry that connotation. Bilateral lower extremity paresis is referred to as PARAPARESIS.
Equipment Failure Analysis
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Severity of Illness Index
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
A subclass of DIABETES MELLITUS that is not INSULIN-responsive or dependent (NIDDM). It is characterized initially by INSULIN RESISTANCE and HYPERINSULINEMIA; and eventually by GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; HYPERGLYCEMIA; and overt diabetes. Type II diabetes mellitus is no longer considered a disease exclusively found in adults. Patients seldom develop KETOSIS but often exhibit OBESITY.
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Products in capsule, tablet or liquid form that provide dietary ingredients, and that are intended to be taken by mouth to increase the intake of nutrients. Dietary supplements can include macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; and/or MICRONUTRIENTS, such as VITAMINS; MINERALS; and PHYTOCHEMICALS.
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).
A group of pathological conditions characterized by sudden, non-convulsive loss of neurological function due to BRAIN ISCHEMIA or INTRACRANIAL HEMORRHAGES. Stroke is classified by the type of tissue NECROSIS, such as the anatomic location, vasculature involved, etiology, age of the affected individual, and hemorrhagic vs. non-hemorrhagic nature. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp777-810)
Interior Design and Furnishings
Clinical Trials, Phase II as Topic
Works about studies that are usually controlled to assess the effectiveness and dosage (if appropriate) of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques. These studies are performed on several hundred volunteers, including a limited number of patients with the target disease or disorder, and last about two years. This concept includes phase II studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
Measurable and quantifiable biological parameters (e.g., specific enzyme concentration, specific hormone concentration, specific gene phenotype distribution in a population, presence of biological substances) which serve as indices for health- and physiology-related assessments, such as disease risk, psychiatric disorders, environmental exposure and its effects, disease diagnosis, metabolic processes, substance abuse, pregnancy, cell line development, epidemiologic studies, etc.
Combined Modality Therapy
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Range of Motion, Articular
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
Multicenter Studies as Topic
Primary Health Care
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Recovery of Function
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
Drug Therapy, Combination
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
A distribution in which a variable is distributed like the sum of the squares of any given independent random variable, each of which has a normal distribution with mean of zero and variance of one. The chi-square test is a statistical test based on comparison of a test statistic to a chi-square distribution. The oldest of these tests are used to detect whether two or more population distributions differ from one another.
Activities of Daily Living
Any deviation of results or inferences from the truth, or processes leading to such deviation. Bias can result from several sources: one-sided or systematic variations in measurement from the true value (systematic error); flaws in study design; deviation of inferences, interpretations, or analyses based on flawed data or data collection; etc. There is no sense of prejudice or subjectivity implied in the assessment of bias under these conditions.
Members of the class of compounds composed of AMINO ACIDS joined together by peptide bonds between adjacent amino acids into linear, branched or cyclical structures. OLIGOPEPTIDES are composed of approximately 2-12 amino acids. Polypeptides are composed of approximately 13 or more amino acids. PROTEINS are linear polypeptides that are normally synthesized on RIBOSOMES.
Physical Therapy Modalities
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
A nonparametric method of compiling LIFE TABLES or survival tables. It combines calculated probabilities of survival and estimates to allow for observations occurring beyond a measurement threshold, which are assumed to occur randomly. Time intervals are defined as ending each time an event occurs and are therefore unequal. (From Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 1995)
Attitude of Health Personnel
Dental Prosthesis Design
An inorganic and water-soluble platinum complex. After undergoing hydrolysis, it reacts with DNA to produce both intra and interstrand crosslinks. These crosslinks appear to impair replication and transcription of DNA. The cytotoxicity of cisplatin correlates with cellular arrest in the G2 phase of the cell cycle.
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
A deoxyribonucleotide polymer that is the primary genetic material of all cells. Eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms normally contain DNA in a double-stranded state, yet several important biological processes transiently involve single-stranded regions. DNA, which consists of a polysugar-phosphate backbone possessing projections of purines (adenine and guanine) and pyrimidines (thymine and cytosine), forms a double helix that is held together by hydrogen bonds between these purines and pyrimidines (adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine).
Proportional Hazards Models
Statistics as Topic
Interviews as Topic
In Situ Hybridization, Fluorescence
Staining of bands, or chromosome segments, allowing the precise identification of individual chromosomes or parts of chromosomes. Applications include the determination of chromosome rearrangements in malformation syndromes and cancer, the chemistry of chromosome segments, chromosome changes during evolution, and, in conjunction with cell hybridization studies, chromosome mapping.
Area Under Curve
A statistical means of summarizing information from a series of measurements on one individual. It is frequently used in clinical pharmacology where the AUC from serum levels can be interpreted as the total uptake of whatever has been administered. As a plot of the concentration of a drug against time, after a single dose of medicine, producing a standard shape curve, it is a means of comparing the bioavailability of the same drug made by different companies. (From Winslade, Dictionary of Clinical Research, 1992)
Clinical Trials, Phase III as Topic
Works about comparative studies to verify the effectiveness of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques determined in phase II studies. During these trials, patients are monitored closely by physicians to identify any adverse reactions from long-term use. These studies are performed on groups of patients large enough to identify clinically significant responses and usually last about three years. This concept includes phase III studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
Quality of Health Care
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Task Performance and Analysis
Sequence Analysis, DNA
A molecule that binds to another molecule, used especially to refer to a small molecule that binds specifically to a larger molecule, e.g., an antigen binding to an antibody, a hormone or neurotransmitter binding to a receptor, or a substrate or allosteric effector binding to an enzyme. Ligands are also molecules that donate or accept a pair of electrons to form a coordinate covalent bond with the central metal atom of a coordination complex. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
"Heatherwick Studio , Design & Architecture , Rolling Bridge". Heatherwick Studio , Design & Architecture. Retrieved 16 May 2019 ... The Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal runs from Paddington to Hayes, via Westbourne Park and Willesden. Beyond Hayes, ... By 1801, the area saw the start-point of an improved Harrow Road and an arm of the Grand Junction Canal (Grand Union Canal); ... A lagoon created in the 1810s at the convergence of the Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal, the Regent's Canal and the ...
Smart Design and Therefore. Current supporters include Arm Holdings, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Grand Challenges ... "Identify Yourself: Simprints Health Records , Projects , Smart Design". Smart Design. Retrieved 2018-05-23. "Therefore- vero ... "ARM takes SimPrints cash haul to half a million , Business Weekly , Technology News , Business news , Cambridge and the East of ... "ARM backs Simprints $2.45m funding boost to prevent maternal and child deaths , Business Weekly , Technology News , Business ...
Designed. 1987. Manufacturer. Tula Arms Plant. Unit cost. Unknown (estimated to be around 110,822 roubles, in USD $1788). ... is a Soviet-designed rifle featuring an integrated suppressor. Development of a special rifle (AS) "Shaft" began in the first ...
... favouring light weight arms design and automatic fire accuracy. Tests measured the free recoil energy delivered by the 5.45 ... Small Arms Survey (2007). "Armed Violence in Burundi: Conflict and Post-Conflict Bujumbura" (PDF). The Small Arms Survey 2007: ... Small Arms Survey (2006). "Fuelling Fear: The Lord's Resistance Army and Small Arms" (PDF). Small Arms Survey 2006: Unfinished ... Small Arms Survey (2003). "Dangerous Supply: Small Arms and Conflict in the Republic of Georgia" (PDF). Small Arms Survey 2003 ...
List of award-winning pubs in London
Pub Design Awards (PDA). The Pub Design Awards are hosted by CAMRA and English Heritage. ... 2003: The Wenlock Arms, Hoxton. Evening Standard Pub of the Year. ...
1,6M); reverse design the Three Legs of Man (triskelion), the official arms of the Isle of Man. This is a traditional design ... 32M). Reverse design: representation of a tree. 50 sen in cupro-nickel, 7g, 27mm dia.(13M). Reverse design: coat of arms. A 10 ... 1966-1984 (118M); nickel-clad steel 1987-1992 (slight change to design) (15M). Design: Outstretched arm holding a flaming torch ... Design: Value centre with four cell containing designs of crops and a resting bull. In the beginning of the 1960s, there was a ...
Since there is no intervening mechanism between the cable and the arms, the design is called "direct-pull". And since the arms ... Each arm has a cam follower. As the cam presses against the follower it forces the arms apart. As the top of each arm moves ... Note that the cam must flare at twice the rate of the two-sided roller cam design in order to move the arms the same amount. A ... Arms extend around the tyre and end in brake shoes that press against the rim. While some designs incorporate dual pivot points ...
The Sergeants affair
Illegal possession of arms. Anti-Jewish spying in civilian clothes. Premeditated hostile designs against the underground. Found ... At once armed police came up to the visitors' fence near our cell. At 4:03 Avshalom was hanged. At 4:25 we were shaken by the ... A Jewish home where an arms cache had been discovered in a routine search was demolished in Jerusalem on 5 August. ... This information was already known to the local SHAI (the intelligence arm of the Haganah) commander, Yehoshua Bar-Ziv. ...
The RAN ships would be re-armed with twin 5.25-inch gun turrets or triple 5.25-inch turrets; a 1942 design option for NZ and ... Arms & Armour. (1985) G.M. Stephen. British warship design since 1905. Ian Allen. London (2003), p. 84 Stephens, p85 Lord West ... An Illustrated design history. Arms & Armour. London (1985), p357 & Freidman. US Naval Weapons. Gun, Missile, Mine & Torpedo ... The Neptune-class design was abandoned in 1946 and replaced by a 15,000-ton Minotaur class design. The completed Minotaur ...
Oxford Scientific Films
ISBN 0-8122-1728-4. Clarke, Steve (29 September 2003). "U.K. Arm Develops Drama, Docu Docket". Variety. p. B3. Maher, Sean ( ... Bousé, Derek (2000). "Nature Designed and Composed". Wildlife Films. University of Pennsylvania Press. p. 221. ...
Since there is no intervening mechanism between the cable and the arms, the design is called "direct-pull". And since the arms ... Each arm has a cam follower. As the cam presses against the follower it forces the arms apart. As the top of each arm moves ... Arms extend around the tyre and end in brake shoes that press against the rim. While some designs incorporate dual pivot points ... Because the arms move only in their designed arcs, the brake shoe must be adjustable in several planes. Thus cantilever brake ...
Bofors 40 mm gun
Designed. 1930. Manufacturer. Bofors Defence (1932-2000). Zastava Arms (1970-present). United Defense Industries (2000-2006). ... "1970-1992 - Zastava-arms". www.zastava-arms.rs.. *^ "AMMUNITION 40mm x 365 FOR ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUN 40mm L/70 BOFORS - SDPR - ... They also made numerous changes to the design to make it more suitable for mass production, as the original Bofors design was ... is an anti-aircraft autocannon designed in the 1930s by the Swedish arms manufacturer AB Bofors. It was one of the most popular ...
"Momentum Builds for PSA Certified". Embedded Computing Design. March 30, 2020. Khan, Jeremy (October 23, 2017). "SoftBank's ARM ... The security scheme was created by Arm Holdings, Brightsight, CAICT, Prove & Run, Riscure, TrustCB and UL. Arm Holdings first ... The stakeholders are Arm Holdings, Brightsight, CAICT, Prove & Run, Riscure and UL. TrustCB became the seventh PSA Certified ... In 2017, Arm Holdings created Platform Security Architecture (PSA), a standard for IoT security. The standard builds trust ...
The design of the AK-630 CIWS was initiated in 1963, with the first operational prototype completed in 1964. Trials of the ... In 2012 it was announced that the new Ivan Gren-class landing ship would be armed with the modified AK-630M2 system. It is also ... The design started in 1974 and the system was accepted into service in 1980. When production was completed in 1986, 125 systems ... In 1983, a decision was made to update the design and modify the AK-630 system to include a second gun mounted above the first ...
"Batista - Big Arms, Big Tattoos". Celebrity Tattoo Design. Retrieved February 16, 2015. @DaveBautista (March 17, 2020). "For ... He also has a tattoo on his arm of the flags of Greece and the Philippines. While taking time off due to injury in 2009, he had ... Batista made an appearance at No Way Out and told the crowd that once his arm had healed he would return to regain the World ... Batista then removed his arm vice, which turned to be fake, and attacked Orton. He then stated that he would not retire, but ...
"New Design for Royal Arms". The Times (London). 29 December 1962. p. 8. James Woodford An article on The National Archives ... Wealleans, Anne (2006). Designing liners: a history of interior design afloat. Taylor and Francis. p. 126. ISBN 978-0-415-37466 ... Woodford designed the bronze doors of the 1930s extension of the Liverpool Blind School in Hope Street. The doors were later ... In 1962 he modelled a new version of the royal coat of arms for use on major public buildings such as courts and embassies for ...
... historic Union Arms Apartments; historic Sideyard, designed by Skylab; 4 stories of cross-laminated timber, completed in 2020 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Portland misses 'unfortunate' design change to 21-story tower at Burnside Bridgehead ...
United States Army Institute of Heraldry
"TIOH Coat of Arms". The Institute of Heraldry. Washington, D.C.: Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the ... Design and develop insignia (branch, grade, unit) seals, medals, badges, band regalia and flags. Establish Army policy for flag ... Play media Heraldic and other military symbols have been used by the U.S. Armed Forces and Federal Government agencies since ... Approve designs for distinctive unit insignia (DUI), Regimental Distinctive Insignia (RDI), shoulder sleeve insignia (SSI) and ...
... inspired by surgeon John Wickham and designed by Random Design Ltd. It was the winner of the 2006 Horner's Plastics Innovation ... The jaws are controlled with minimal arm movement. It is built and assembled by Sovrin Plastics. "170mm Syclix". Museum of ... and Design Award. Rather than using a ring grip, which was more restricting and tiring for surgeons, control of the instrument ... Design in Plastics. Retrieved 16 June 2019. John, Wickham (2017). Open And Shut Case, An: The Story Of Keyhole Or Minimally ...
Scieneer Common Lisp which is designed for high-performance scientific computing. Armed Bear Common Lisp (ABCL) A CL ... "Armed Bear Common Lisp". "Corman Lisp sources are now available". "History and Copyright". Steel Bank Common Lisp. "Platform ... Much of the initial language design was done via electronic mail. In 1982, Guy L. Steele, Jr. gave the first overview of Common ... It was formerly just a component of the Armed Bear J Editor. CLISP A bytecode-compiling implementation, portable and runs on ...
Revenue stamps of Basel
Swiss: Arbeitslosen-Versicherung Design: Basel arms. Total different stamps: 7. Sets: 1. Swiss: Polizei Design: Basel arms. ... Swiss: Hafenabgabe Design: Basel arms. Total different stamps: 21. Sets: 3. Swiss: Arbeidsrappen Design: Basel arms. Total ... Swiss: Bordereauxstempel Design: 1884 set the Basel arms and basilisk, later sets only the arms. Total different stamps: 19. ... Sets: 3. Swiss: Stempelmarke Design: 1884 set the Basel arms and basilisk, later sets only the arms. Total different stamps: 53 ...
Birkhäuser, Basel 1997 Balanced-arm lamp Sapper, Richard. "Richard Sapper Design - Tizio - 1972". richardsapperdesign.com. ... Design changes were made to the head in the nineties - a glass cover, and a thin wire terminating in a small red bead were ... Two other features of this lamp are the lack of wires (the two parallel arms are used to conduct electricity to the bulb - ... It was selected for the Compasso d'Oro industrial design award in 1979. An item of it is part of the collections of the ...
Harris, Sarah; Harris, David (2015). Digital Design and Computer Architecture: ARM Edition. Morgan Kaufmann. pp. 151-153. ISBN ... Cummings, Clifford E. Synthesis and Scripting Techniques for Designing Multi-Asynchronous Clock Designs. SNUG 2001. Haseloff, ... Synchronous circuit design techniques make digital circuits that are resistant to the failure modes that can be caused by ... When synchronous design techniques are used, protection against metastable events causing systems failures need only be ...
The class were not designed as frigates, and then modified; they were designed as flûtes. Furthermore, they were lightly armed ... Troude does not mention small arms, but insists that the two flûtes neither fired their cannon nor received any cannon fire. ... Notes James states that both flûtes were armed with a mix of 18-pounder guns and 36-pounder carronades, a common British ... Winfield, Rif & Stephen S Roberts (2015) French Warships in the Age of Sail 1786 - 1861: Design Construction, Careers and Fates ...
Quad-core ARM Cortex-A17, up to 1.8 GHz Quad-core ARM Mali-T760 MP4 GPU clocked at 650 MHz supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "MINI3288 Computer-on-Module". Boardcon Embedded Design. Retrieved 2018-04-09. CS1 ... It is the first SoC, in August 2014, that uses the 32-bit ARM Cortex-A17 processor. It is a quad-core processor with a NEON ... The Rockchip RK3288 is an ARM architecture System on Chip (SoC) from Rockchip. ...
As of 22 December 2017, the number of Typhoons in the Russian Armed Forces fleet is about 270 units of Typhoon-K. ... The development of the "Typhoon" vehicle family began in 2010, when Minister of Russian Federation Armed Forces approved the " ... In 2012 the first contract between Russian Ministry of Armed Forces and Kamaz to buy Typhoons was signed. ... Provided loopholes for firing from small arms, remotely controlled machine gun. Unification with other family cars is 86%. ...
A more radical design; Jonathan, Orion, and Emmerson Stapleton's "walking arm", described as "...a stick falling over with a ... One modern technological development, especially for the competitive pumpkin-hurling events, is the "floating arms" design. ... The arm is arranged as to height, length and size, according to the city [which it is proposed to attack or defend]. At the end ... Based on historical designs, it stands 18 metres (59 ft) tall and throws missiles typically 36 kg (80 lbs) up to 300 metres ( ...
Windows Server 2016
Vincent, James (March 9, 2017). "Microsoft unveils new ARM server designs, threatening Intel's dominance". The Verge. Vox Media ... Foley, Mary Jo (March 8, 2017). "Windows Server on ARM: It's happening". ZDNet. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on ... Bright, Peter (March 8, 2017). "Microsoft's latest open source servers shown off with Intel, AMD, and even ARM chips". Ars ... Foley, Mary Jo (March 10, 2017). "Microsoft's Windows Server on ARM move: More questions and answers". ZDNet. CBS Interactive. ...
Criticism of Huawei
Warren, Tom (2019-05-22). "ARM cuts ties with Huawei, threatening future chip designs". The Verge. Archived from the original ... A new AI mode on the P30 is designed for taking photos of the Moon, and states that it can "adequately capture the beauty of ... The report noted the layout of the data centre did not match the intended design, opening up major security gaps. The project ... Lee, Timothy B. (29 January 2019). "US indicts Huawei for stealing T-Mobile robot arm, selling US tech to Iran". Ars Technica. ...
Messerschmitt Me 209
Designed in 1937, the Me 209 was a completely separate aircraft from the Bf 109, solely designed to break speed records. It ... London: Arms and Armour Press, 1993. ISBN 1-85409-209-X. Green, William. War Planes of the Second World War, Fighters, vol. I. ... Willy Messerschmitt designed the small aircraft with a cockpit placed far back along the fuselage just in front of its unique ... Although the aircraft was designed only to break speed records, it was hoped that its name would associate it with the Bf 109 ...
Commander Operations (Royal Navy)
Office of the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Armed Forces (1981-1990) ... Director Warship Design. *Directorate of Naval Construction. *Marine Engineering Directorate. *Naval Equipment Division ...
Lady Margaret Beaufort
The coats-of-arms woven into the tapestry are of England (parted as usual with France) and the portcullis badge of the ... The walls are patterned with oak leaf designs, perhaps in lozenges, perhaps of stamped and part-gilded leather. Against the ... Small stained glass roundels in the leaded glass of her lancet windows also display elements of the arms of both England ( ... In 1539 iron railings, elaborately painted with coats of arms and other ornaments, were erected around the tomb. The ironwork ...
Cage Rage Championships
Designed to prevent stalling on the ground, it allowed a standing fighter to use strikes on a downed opponent that would ... the referee would raise his arm and call "open guard". Once an open guard was called, the standing fighter could use the ... This rule was introduced at Cage Rage 13 and was designed to prevent a fighter from laying in an open guard where his opponent ...
Arya Samaj in Singapore
Singapore University of Technology and Design. *Singapore Institute of Technology. *Singapore University of Social Sciences ...
She appeared in several movies during this time, including A Stranger in My Arms (1959). She made a comeback in Return to ... whose red lotus design Astor called "unfortunate"), and Batchelder tiles. Moorcrest, which has since undergone a multimillion- ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Upon taking the Oath of Office in the Navy Reserve, a Midshipman is sworn into the armed forces on that date, and serves ... John Diebold (1946) Author of the book Automation (1954); established DiBold Group in 1961 designed and installed the first ... the chairman of the United States House Committee on Armed Services;. *the chairman of the USMMA Academic Advisory Board; and- ... Security Clearance - In order to receive a commission at graduation as an officer in the U.S. Armed Forces, candidates are ...
After the latter temporarily reduced the flow of arms to the Khmer Rouge, in July 1973 the CPK Central Committee agreed that ... a move that allowed Pol Pot to focus on the war effort and which was perhaps also designed to improve the Khmer Rouge's image.[ ... plans for armed conflict were complete, with the war to begin in the North-West Zone and then spread to other regions. As ... to Thailand to negotiate the shipment of arms to the Khmer Rouge through Thailand. China also sent diplomats to stay with ...
Chi's Sweet Home
Yamada's arm starts to get tired. 76. "Chi Breaks". Transcription: "Chi, kowasu" (Japanese: チー、壊す。). August 7, 2008 (2008-08-07 ... Heaven's Design Team (2017). *Nora to Zassō (2018). *Material Puzzle: Kaminaki Sekai no Mahoutsukai (2018) ...
A committee was established to design the memorial.. Carranza Memorial Park. Following the crash in 1928, a small ... Military offices linked arms to keep the family viewing space clear. Airplanes flew overhead in honor of his death. ... The monument, installed with funds donated by Mexican schoolchildren, depicts a falling eagle of Aztec design. Each year in ... Every Mexican military offices was ordered to wear crape upon his sword hilt and a black brassard on his arm in honor of ...
The team, armed with hidden cameras and microphones, arrived for a meeting at Response Media, the Tulsa-based marketing firm ... claimed that the individuals conspired to violate his First Amendment rights under a post-Civil War federal statute designed to ...
Collins-class submarine replacement project
... design, modify a MOTS design for Australian conditions, design an evolution of the Collins-class, or create a new design. ... It includes a Government to Government Agreement from the Ministry of the Armed Forces's Direction générale de l'armement (DGA ... Design an entirely new submarine. Designs initially considered for the various MOTS routes included the German-designed Type ... Design. Candidates. A German designed Type 214 submarine at the HDW building yard in Kiel, 2008. An evolved Type ...
The arms and funnel develop as part of the foot on the ventral side of the disc. The arms later migrate upwards, coming to form ... Ancient seafaring people were aware of the octopus, as evidenced by certain artworks and designs. For example, a stone carving ... The arms contain tension sensors so the octopus knows whether its arms are stretched out, but this is not sufficient for the ... The crawling arm may distract would-be predators. Such severed arms remain sensitive to stimuli and move away from unpleasant ...
In Caulobacter cells, replication of the chromosome involves about 2 million DNA synthesis reactions for each arm of the ... "System-level design of bacterial cell cycle control". FEBS Letters. 583 (24): 3984-91. doi:10.1016/j.febslet.2009.09.030. PMC ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
A very respected costumier at Nordisk Film, she had previously won an Academy Award designing the costumes for Stanley Kubrick' ... Her husband Mogens Lamborg breaks his arm in a drunk-driving auto accident with the company car - while out carousing with Iben ... Instead he shows talent for design and fashion; a field where he later enjoys a certain success and becomes marginally involved ...
Design and development. The design and production of Atlas was overseen by the DARPA, an agency of the United States ... Atlas can navigate rough terrain and climb independently using its arms and legs, although the 2013 prototype version was ... The new version of Atlas is designed to operate both outdoors and inside buildings. It is specialized for mobile manipulation ... robot is designed for a variety of search and rescue tasks, and was unveiled to the public on July 11, 2013. ...
Canada Pavilion at Epcot
Designed by Disney Imagineering the icons used didn't represent any specific tribe but rather tried to capture the spirit of ... The Mickey is just underneath the elbow of a set of arms near the top of the pole. ... The Canada Pavilion is designed to remind guests of Canada's outdoors. It includes a canyon, a waterfall, gardens, a pool with ... Further in to the pavilion, beyond the rustic log cabins, a small thoroughfare is designed to represent the British and French ...
Ottery St Mary
The church has ten misericords dating from the building of the church in 1350, five showing the arms of Bishop John de ... The church is noted for its painted ceiling and early 16th-century fan vaulted aisle, the Dorset Aisle, designed and ... designed for the needs of the collegiate foundation, more suitable for parochial use. ...
Evolution of biological complexity
Dawkins, Richard; Krebs, J. R. (1979). "Arms Races between and within Species". Proceedings of the Royal Society B. 205 (1161 ... "Darwin's greatest discovery: design without designer". PNAS. 104 (Suppl 1): 8567-73. Bibcode:2007PNAS..104.8567A. doi:10.1073/ ... thus triggering an ongoing evolutionary arms race towards more complexity. This trend may be reinforced by the fact that ...
He used his arms as though he were an orchestra conductor. Occasionally one hand would strike out, with a pointed finger at the ...
Branch (computer science)
A flag register design is simple in slower, simple computers. In fast computers a flag register can place a bottleneck on speed ... ARM, 6502, the PIC, and some others, do the opposite for subtractive operations. This inverted function of the carry flag for ... In simple computer designs, comparison branches execute more arithmetic and can use more power than flag register branches. In ... Some CPUs (such as the Power Architecture) even have an instruction set designed with "branch hints" so that a compiler can ...
The latter can often be carried out in the operating theatre, using a portable fluoroscopy machine called a C-arm. It can ... The United States saw its first medical X-ray obtained using a discharge tube of Ivan Pulyui's design. In January 1896, on ... of the United Nations have also been working in this area and have ongoing projects designed to broaden best practices and ... the Society for Pediatric Radiology developed and launched the Image Gently campaign which is designed to maintain high quality ...
One rod is held in each hand, with the short arm of the L held upright, and the long arm pointing forward. When something is ... Lawson, T. J; Crane, L. L. (2014). Dowsing Rods Designed to Sharpen Critical Thinking and Understanding of Ideomotor Action. ... Their experiments were critically examined by archaeologist Martijn Van Leusen who suggested they were badly designed and the ...
Joseph Taylor Robinson
He led the Senate to arm merchant ships and voted to declare war on Germany. He also led the unsuccessful effort in the ... designed to add liberal justices to the Supreme Court. For weeks in 1937, he spoke, fought, and cajoled for the bill, but he ...
County Hall, London
The main six storey building was designed by Ralph Knott. It is faced in Portland stone in an Edwardian Baroque style. The ...
Palazzo Gozani di San Giorgio, now the town hall, was partially rebuilt in the years 1775-8 to a design by Filippo Nicolis de ... The curtains of the royal box hang from a structure supported on stucco caryatids by Abbondio Sangiorgio who also designed the ... Its construction, to a design by Abbot Agostino Vitoli of Spoleto, had taken six years. However, it fell into disuse during the ... The imposing façade, marked by four massive brick columns, was built in 1806 to an earlier design by the local architect ...
They were the brainchild of Les Southwell, designed and constructed by Robert Swanson for Expo 86, and funded ... The building was designed by architects Zeidler Roberts Partnership in joint venture with Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership and ...
Death of Dale Earnhardt
The design of the CoT incorporated the result of research conducted in the aftermath of Earnhardt's death. All of the ... The separation of the left lap belt was not a result of design or manufacturing defect, but caused by improper installation. ... The belts were of high quality in workmanship and there were no design or manufacturing defects. ... which was designed to keep cars bunched up close together and to allow more frequent passing at high speed. ...
There is an outrigger designed for going up hills. Downhill outriggers are unweighted. When falling, a skier should ... skiers are taught to move their arms to prevent falling on the outrigger and injuring themselves. ... Outriggers can be adapted for use by skiers with arm amputations. ... move their arms to bring the outrigger away from their body lest the outrigger cause them injury. ...
These tumors show a high frequency of co-deletions of the p and q arms of chromosome 1 and chromosome 19 respectively (1p19q co ... Patients undergoing chemotherapy are administered drugs designed to kill tumor cells. Although chemotherapy may improve overall ...
German submarine U-559
Design. German Type VIIC submarines were preceded by the shorter Type VIIB submarines. U-559 had a displacement of 769 ... London: Arms & Armour. ISBN 1-85409-515-3. .. *. Sharpe, Peter (1998). U-Boat Fact File. Great Britain: Midland Publishing. ... s whaler but were dissuaded from interfering by an armed guard. Grazier and Fasson were inside the U-boat, attempting to get ...
Tribal lower arm tattoo designs, best flower tattoo artist pittsburgh
... tribal lower arm tattoo designs, body art tattoos georgetown ky, small skull tattoos designs, tattoo artist training cape town ... design henna kaki, meaningful tattoos for moms, dreamcatcher tattoos on leg, ... The tribal tattoo design can be easily confused that the wearer has worn a full arm blouse of different colors. Tribal tattoos ... Tribal lower arm tattoo designs,logo creator online 3d,forearm tribal band tattoos,tribal ideas for tattoos - Downloads 2016 ...
Dayna Arm Chair | Ballard Designs
One look at our Bistro Arm Chair and youre in Paris. Inspired by the iconic cafe chairs you see dotting every sidewalk in our ... Dayna Arm Chair is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 14. Rated 5 out of 5 by Scgirl78 from Beautiful, sturdy chairs! After debating between ... Rated 5 out of 5 by Svede from Beautiful, solid chair Just got my order of two arm and two side chairs. They are beautiful, ... With its gently curved rail back and wide hand rushed seat, our Solvie Arm Chair says, welcome to the table with a warm Italian ...
An Arm-Mounted Inertial Controller for 6DOF Input: Design and Evaluation
An Arm-Mounted Inertial Controller for 6DOF Input: Design and Evaluation Thomas S. Young1, Robert J. Teather2, and I. Scott ... Design of an arm motion capture system - - Oakley  yes 2D Fitts Pointing with hands, wrist, fingers comparison Handheld, ... Design, Kalman filter - - Bachmann  no N/A Design; MARG sensor - - Burstyn  yes 1D Fitts Pose dependent display device ... Abstract We designed a low-cost arm-mounted wearable 3D input device that uses inertial measurement units. The device is an ...
Fake Tattoo Sleeve Cloth Arm Design - Orange Tribal T4 | eBay
This sleeve is a Tribal design. Made from a high quality stretchy cloth material to fit all sizes. 1 Tattoo Sleeve. We will not ... Fake Tattoo Sleeve Cloth Arm Design - Orange Tribal T4 Fake Tattoo Sleeve Cloth Arm Design - Orange Tribal T4 ... Fake Tattoo Sleeve Cloth Arm Design - Orange Tribal T4 Email to friends Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab Share ... "Fake Tattoo Sleeve Cloth Arm Design - Orange Tribal T4" Return to top ...
Design coat arms free Jobs, Employment | Freelancer.com
Search for jobs related to Design coat arms free or hire on the worlds largest freelancing marketplace with 13m+ jobs. Its ... company logo design coat of arms, design coat arms, coat arms design, free coat arms design, modern coat arms design, free coat ... design coat arms online, coat arms flash design, free design coat arms software, coat arms design online, design coat arms ... design school coat arms, design coat arms illustrator, design coat arms creator, graphic design coat arms, design coat arms ...
IISc Research Team Designs Eye Gaze-Controlled Robotic Arm For Speech And Motor Impaired
... research team has designed a robotic arm that can be manipulated by eye movement using a computer interface, to help people ... IISc Designs Eye Gaze-Controlled Robotic Arm For Speech, Motor Impaired This interface is non-invasive since it is through a ... Using the robotic arm designed by the researchers, people with SSMI can use their eye gaze to perform mechanical tasks that can ... An Indian Institute of Science (IISc) research team has designed a robotic arm that can be manipulated by eye movement using a ...
Highly suspect benchmarks stoke rumors of Apple-designed ARM chips for Mac | AppleInsider
... on Friday claims to reveal benchmarks from a pair of desktop-class ARM processors supposedly designed by Apple, offering what ... Highly suspect benchmarks stoke rumors of Apple-designed ARM chips for Mac. ... on Friday claims to reveal benchmarks from a pair of desktop-class ARM processors supposedly designed by Apple, offering what ... Last October, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo in a note to investors predicted an ARM-based mac to arrive in 2020 or 2021. More recently, ...
The Design of EMG Measurement System for Arm Strength Training Machine
... Tze-Yee Ho,1 Yuan-Joan Chen,2 Wei-Chang Hung,1 Kuan-Wei ... T.-Y. Ho, Y.-J. Chen, M.-S. Chen, P.-H. Chen, and H.-Y. Chen, "The design and implementation of arm strength training machine ... T.-Y. Ho, Y.-J. Chen, P.-H. Chen, and C.-H. Chiang, "The design and implementation of windowing interface arm strength training ... T.-Y. Ho, Y.-J. Chen, C.-T. Chung, and M.-H. Hsiao, "The design and implementation of a windowing interface pinch force ...
In his basement, son designs prosthetic arm for father in Belarus | Reuters
... lost his right arm in an explosion on a military firing range when his son, Oleg, was four years old. ... Almost three decades later the 53-year-old Belarussian became the first tester of a prosthetic arm designed and made by his own ... His new arm has brought new possibilities within reach.. "It is a very good thing, and it can help so many people," he said ... "Its like Lego, designed for people who are not at ease with electronics: just put the parts together. If I managed it, then ...
'BROTHERS IN ARMS skull and grenades design' Sticker |...
Advanced Research Methodology Evaluation and Design (ARMED)
Design & Statistics Part 5: Quasi-Experimental Designs in Research. Jason Haukoos, MD. UC Denver. ... The purpose of this course is to arm participants with the fundamental knowledge and skills to design a high quality research ... Advanced Research Methodology Evaluation and Design (ARMED). SAEM is proud to bring you the best research course for junior ... Design & Statistics. Part 4: Dos and Donts of Manuscript Review. Robert Ehrman, MD. Wayne State University. ...
Advanced Research Methodology Evaluation and Design (ARMED)
Design & Statistics Part 5: Quasi-Experimental Designs in Research. Jason S. Haukoos, MD, MSc, FACEP. Denver Health Medical ... The purpose of this course is to arm participants with the fundamental knowledge and skills to design a high quality research ... Advanced Research Methodology Evaluation and Design (ARMED). SAEM is proud to bring you the best research course for junior ... Design & Statistics: Part 3. Reviews, Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses: Arent They the Same, but Different?. ...
Free image editor download windows, skull tattoo artwork, hawaiian flower tattoos on arm, flower pattern tattoo designs
sun and 3 stars tattoo designs, tattoo pics moon and stars, tattoo tips for pain, pictures editing, tattoo elk river mn, skull ... Tattoos designs free New tattoo photo gallery Rosary tattoo designs on chest Free design pictures Best portrait tattoo artist ... Free tattoo pictures Free tribal tattoo designs download Piercings tumblr Dragon koi fish tattoo Name tattoos on inner arm ... Nick Cave: has a winged skull and bones design on his right shoulder with the name of his ex Anita underneath. The skull is ...
Rust and the limits of swarm design | Armed and Dangerous
Experience has shown that curation by one person with a clear design vision generally beats attempts to design by committee.) ... Experience has shown that curation by one person with a clear design vision generally beats attempts to design by committee.) ... 68 thoughts on "Rust and the limits of swarm design" * Anonymous on 2017-01-13 at 18:55:45. said: ... Rust and the limits of swarm design. Posted on 2017-01-13. by Eric Raymond ...
50+ Arm tattoo Ideas [Best Designs] • Canadian Tattoos
Chimeras: Cute Modular Toys with Interchangeable Arms, Ears and Legs | Inhabitat - Green Design, Innovation, Architecture,...
Chimeras are plush toys with interchangeable snap-on arms, legs and ears. Walrus Toys launched a Kickstarter in hopes of ... Walrus Toys has created an adorable set of Chimera stuffed animals with interchangeable snap-on arms, legs and ears - and they ... Chimeras: Cute Modular Toys with Interchangeable Arms, Ears and Legs. Share Pin Tweet ... Subscribe to get free weekly updates on the latest news on innovation and design.. ...
Custom Torque Arms designed and fabricated - Endless Sphere
Custom Torque Arms designed and fabricated. A place to list links to sources for EV related parts and services. ... After designing a few different torque arms for various bike frames, I have a pretty good grasp on technique and attachment ... For bikes not listed above, I will do my best to design and fabricate a set of custom torque arms for your frame. What I will ... In the middle of designing and making my own custom torque arms and its not easy.. Im sure youve already tried but can the ...
Carnegie Mellon's Inflatable Robotic Arm Inspires Design of
When Don Hall saw a robot arm made of balloons while visiting Carnegie Mellon Universitys Robotics Institute several years ago ... Carnegie Mellons Inflatable Robotic Arm Inspires Design of Disneys Latest Character: ... GoEngineer CAD Newsletter: Design Challenge, GoLive Online Training and More!. Hawk Ridge Systems February 2018 Newsletter - ... The inflatable robotic arm that proved so inspirational to Hall was developed in Atkesons lab by Siddharth Sanan during his Ph ...
Endless Sphere • Custom Torque Arms designed and fabricated
After designing a few different torque arms for various bike frames, I have a pretty good grasp on technique and attachment ... For bikes not listed above, I will do my best to design and fabricate a set of custom torque arms for your frame. What I will ... In the middle of designing and making my own custom torque arms and its not easy.. Im sure youve already tried but can the ... To date, I have designed Custom Torque arms for the following Bike Frames, and all are available for sale:. *Genesis V2100 ...
tattoo designs for men arms | TOYCYTE
Dragon Tattoo Designs For Men,Sleeve Tattoos Designs For Men,Tattoos Designs,Tattoo Designs For Men Arms. ... Half Sleeve Tattoo Designs For Men,Small Male Tattoo Ideas,Tattoo Ideas For Men With Meaning,Cross Tattoo Designs For Men, ... Forearm Tattoo Designs,Tattoo Ideas For Men Forearm,Chest Tattoos For Men,Forearm Band Tattoos For Men,Forearm Tattoos,Sleeve ... Tattoo Designs For Men Arms : Amazing Forearm Tattoos for Men Ideas. The Kinds of Male Tattoo Ideas. The Picture of Back Tattoo ...
IISc research team designs eye gaze-controlled robotic arm for speech and motor impaired : The Tribune India
... research team has designed a robotic arm that can be manipulated by eye movement using a computer interface, to help people ... Using the robotic arm designed by the researchers, people with SSMI can use their eye gaze to perform mechanical tasks that can ... An Indian Institute of Science (IISc) research team has designed a robotic arm that can be manipulated by eye movement using a ... IISc research team designs eye gaze-controlled robotic arm for speech and motor impaired. ...
UMN researchers designed a robotic arm - it's controlled by the mind | The Minnesota Daily
University of Minnesota researchers have developed a non-invasive method that allows users to control a robotic arm with their ... UMN researchers designed a robotic arm - its controlled by the mind. Researchers say it could help people with disabilities.. ... "Imagine a left hand or right hand moving and then translating it to an arm," said Bin He, principle investigator and biomedical ... University of Minnesota researchers have developed a non-invasive method that allows users to control a robotic arm with their ...
ARM DSTREAM System and Interface Design Reference
DSTREAM System and Interface Design Referencedescribes the DSTREAM debug and trace unit, with details about designingARM ... ARM DSTREAM User I/O Connections. The User I/O connector. Designing the Target Board for Tracing with ARM DSTREAM. Overview of ... ARM DSTREAM System Design Guidelines. Using adaptive clocking to synchronize the JTAG port. Reset signals. ARM reset signals. ... ARM JTAG 20. TI JTAG 14. ARM JTAG 14. CoreSight 10. CoreSight 20. MIPI 34. I/O diagrams. Voltage domains. Series termination. ...
Court-martial's quirks designed especially for armed forces' needs / Military justice puts more power in commanding officer's...
Court-martials quirks designed especially for armed forces needs / Military justice puts more power in commanding officers ... The court-martial process was originally designed as part of the command and control structure that commanders use to maintain ... https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Court-martial-s-quirks-designed-especially-for-2748040.php ...
ARM Cortex-A73: How a top-end mobe CPU was designed from scratch • The Register
ARM Cortex-A73: How a top-end mobe CPU was designed from scratch. RISC-taking bods branch out with new low-power, high- ... "Its not dissimilar to the car industry, where well see Audi or BMW design a new car every six years," Peter Greenhalgh, ARMs ... Arm fires the head of its Chinese unit - but Arm China says Allen Wu still works there. Alleged conflicts of interest surround ... Arm wrestle round two: Chinese outpost says its fired the replacement CEO foisted on it by HQ. Arm China says nothing counts ...
Star Nutrition launches arm, calf sleeves designed to increase circulation - Drug Store News
Star Nutrition launches arm, calf sleeves designed to increase circulation. BY Michael Johnsen October 19, 2012. ... the 360-thread count TEC-3 is designed to increase circulation to the arms and calves, while decreasing fatigue, swelling and ... Star Nutrition on Wednesday added the TEC-3 arm and calf sleeves to its Incrediwear line. Engineered from an Italian 3-D ...
HBF Mode Mid Back Swivel Chair - Urethane Arm by Brian Kane | Design Public
Influenced by modern European design, HBF introduces the Mode Series of management and executive... ... Designed by Brian Kane, Modes sleek, thin profile and polished aluminum wrap-around arm bring a contemporary aesthetic to the ... Mode Mid Back Swivel Chair - Urethane Arm. Brian Kane for HBF. Faux Real II Seal / Black / Medium Casters - $1,450.00 USD. Faux ... Influenced by modern European design, HBF introduces the Mode Series of management and executive seating. ...
Originally designed and developed by the London Jewish Cultural Centre Back To Top. ... Despite these obstacles, several armed uprisings did take place.. The most famous of these armed uprisings was the Warsaw ... and armed uprisings. Armed uprisings were difficult to organise, as most ghettos had high security measures and if resistors ... Armed uprisings. A photograph showing a man being forcibly removed from a bunker in May 1943 following the Warsaw Ghetto ...
Robert Downey Jr gives 3D-printed prosthetic 'Iron Man' arm to seven-year-old superhero fan | Inhabitat - Green Design,...
... arm, created by a volunteer group that is making prosthetic limbs for children at no cost to their families. ... Alexs new arm is the first of its kind Limbitless has made-and gifted-to a child in need. The arm cost less than $350 in ... Robert Downey Jr gives 3D-printed prosthetic Iron Man arm to seven-year-old superhero fan. Share Pin Tweet ... The arm was made by Limbitless Solutions, a volunteer group started by Albert Manero, a University of Central Florida ...
Sustainability | Free Full-Text | Design and Analysis of Multiple OS Implementation on a Single ARM-Based Embedded Platform |...
In mobile processors, ARM started to provide the virtualization extension support technology which was intended for processors ... Design and Analysis of Multiple OS Implementation on a Single ARM-Based Embedded Platform ... In the ARM Cortex-A15, the interrupt can be (1) passed to the currently-running guest OS; (2) passed to the other guest OS; (3 ... In the ARM Virtual Extension, a hypervisor can have higher privileges than the guest OS through the Hyp mode. It is not ...
2018Ballard DesignsForearm TattooBionic armWearable2016CortexProsthetic arm2020CoresArm'sForcesEcosystemProcessorsShoulderRobot armCentersTribalDurableFootprintArchitecturesImplementationSleeve tattoo designs20191600Coat of AEvaluationMovementsTasksAbstractLightweightParticipantsSkullMasculineAccelerateCPUsMethodsStrokeInterventions2017VerificationCircumferenceWristNext batchPeopleTattoos for womenDifferencesRiskyIdeasSearchMechanicalWorld'sIncorporatesColoursPatternsSystemContentOutcomes
- Both processors beat single-core benchmarks set by Apple's 2017 27-inch Retina 5K iMac with 4.2GHz Intel Core i7-7700K, while the purported 12-core ARM chip's mutli-core score bests the 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro with 2.9GHz Intel Core i9-8950HK. (appleinsider.com)
- In 2018, following an investigation by HSE , Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions was prosecuted for exposing its workers to hand-arm vibration between 2002 and 2011. (designingbuildings.co.uk)
- Win $20,000 in Ballard Designs merchandise by entering our 2021 Sweepstakes. (ballarddesigns.com)
- Actually the man can apply many designs for their forearm tattoo. (toycyte.com)
- That's right, German engineers are taking a page from mother nature and modeling their new bionic arm after the anatomy of an elephant's trunk. (medgadget.com)
- He received a brand-new 3D-printed bionic arm from Tony Stark himself. (inhabitat.com)
- has tasked scientists with the goal of creating a bionic arm that looks, feels ,and works like a real arm by the year 2009. (engadget.com)
- If all the goals of the program are met, the bionic arm would be able to perform tasks as minute as buttoning a shirt button, and even provide sensory feedback. (engadget.com)
- Abstract We designed a low-cost arm-mounted wearable 3D input device that uses inertial measurement units. (yorku.ca)
- We present "Arm-A-Dine", an augmented social eating system that uses wearable robotic arms attached to diners bodies for eating and feeding food. (edu.au)
- The work was originally motivated in the design phase of the actuation system of a wearable exoskeleton, which is used in a teleoperation scenario where force feedback should be provided to the subject. (dfki-bremen.de)
- Analysis For its latest top-end smartphone processor core - the Cortex-A73 - ARM designed its microarchitecture more or less from scratch. (theregister.com)
- Whereas its predecessor, 2015's Cortex-A72 , was drawn up in Austin, Texas, the new A73 microarchitecture was designed by a team in France, starting about three years ago. (theregister.com)
- Although we're told the French engineers began with a blank canvas, the 64-bit A73's design is, in various ways, inspired by the Cortex-A17 , ARM's highest-performance 32-bit core. (theregister.com)
- The i.MX RT1050 EVK is an entry-level, low-cost development platform featuring the i.MX RT1050 crossover processor based on Arm Cortex-M7. (nxp.com)
- The LPC18S57JET256 is a Arm Cortex-M3 based microcontroller for embedded applications. (nxp.com)
- The Arm Cortex-M3 is a next generation core that offers system enhancements such as low power consumption, enhanced debug features, and a high level of support block integration. (nxp.com)
- The Arm Cortex-M3 CPU incorporates a 3-stage pipeline and uses a Harvard architecture with separate local instruction and data buses as well as a third bus for peripherals. (nxp.com)
- The Arm Cortex-M3 CPU also includes an internal prefetch unit that supports speculative branching. (nxp.com)
- Arm Cortex-M3 processor (version r2p1), running at CPU frequencies of up to 180 MHz. (nxp.com)
- Arm Cortex-M3 built-in Memory Protection Unit (MPU) supporting eight regions. (nxp.com)
- Arm Cortex-M3 built-in Nested Vectored Interrupt Controller (NVIC). (nxp.com)
- The TM4C1294 Connected LaunchPad Evaluation Kit is a low-cost development platform for ARM® Cortex-M4F-based microcontrollers . (ti.com)
- Almost three decades later the 53-year-old Belarussian became the first tester of a prosthetic arm designed and made by his own son in the basement of his apartment building. (reuters.com)
- The prosthetic arm was created in a small workshop in the basement of a residential building in Minsk. (reuters.com)
- When a monkey spontaneously put its arm down to rest between trials, our traditional movement decoder produced a nonzero velocity prediction, which would cause undesired motion when applied to a prosthetic arm. (jneurosci.org)
- Bear in mind Apple and Samsung design their own ARMv8-compatible CPU cores for their own phones, and are unlikely to be using the A73 off the shelf for their next iPhones and Android gadgets. (theregister.com)
- ARM provides a summary of the numerous vendors who implement ARM cores in their design. (wikipedia.org)
- Arm-based processors, including Ampere Altra, are interesting for cloud customers because they scale linearly, provide predictable performance, and provide the highest density of cores, all at a lower price point. (oracle.com)
- It's referred to as 'Corno' in Italian Republic - the image that's designed to draw away everything connected with evil forces. (amazonaws.com)
- The main battle tank T-84 is in service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. (defense-aerospace.com)
- Constraint induced (CI) therapy forces the individual to use the neglected arm by restraining the good arm in a sling. (bioportfolio.com)
- The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, commonly known as the Russian Armed Forces, are the military forces of the Russian Federation. (wikipedia.org)
- The Russian Armed Forces are one of the largest military forces in the world. (wikipedia.org)
- It is mandatory for all male citizens aged 18-27 to be drafted for a year of service in Armed Forces. (wikipedia.org)
- The Russian Armed Forces are the world's second-most powerful military, owning the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world. (wikipedia.org)
- These retain the legal status of "Armed Forces", while falling outside of the jurisdiction of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2010 the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) estimated that the Russian Armed Forces numbered about 1,027,000 active troops and in the region of 2,035,000 reserves (largely ex-conscripts). (wikipedia.org)
- According to the Russian Defence Ministry, share of modern weapons in the Armed Forces reached from 26 to 48 percent among different kinds of troops in December 2014. (wikipedia.org)
- This paper discusses 3 critical facets of the Arm ecosystem: design verification, physical design, and software development. (techonline.com)
- Arm executives and influencers bring insights and opinions from the world's largest compute ecosystem. (arm.com)
- SDS' end-to-end System Solutions and Synopsys Solutions Group's comprehensive with their proven set of IP continue their longstanding collaboration with our foundry ecosystem for application-specific advanced node optimizations, leading 3rd party IP providers like Arm and EDA partner Ansys. (synopsys.com)
- An unsubstantiated, and highly suspect, "leak" on Friday claims to reveal benchmarks from a pair of desktop-class ARM processors supposedly designed by Apple, offering what could be the first look at A-series silicon destined for Mac. (appleinsider.com)
- In mobile processors, ARM started to provide the virtualization extension support technology which was intended for processors in PC processors. (mdpi.com)
- Following the announced shift from purpose-built hardware to software-based solutions running on standardized hardware, and a similar agreement to supply software running on Linux for x86 and ARM processors, Audinate now extends the support to NXP's i.MX 8M processors. (audioxpress.com)
- The Dante Embedded Platform Reference Design Kit for NXP's i.MX 8M processors will be validated by Audinate for Dante performance, and allows OEMs to design new Dante-enabled solutions with confidence. (audioxpress.com)
- The aim of the book is to assist the reader in understanding how SoCs and micro- processors are designed and used, and why a modern processor is designed the way that it is. (coursehero.com)
-  Keil also provides a somewhat newer summary of vendors of ARM based processors. (wikipedia.org)
- 180 billion Arm-based processors have been shipped in mobile phones, IoT sensors, and other devices to date. (oracle.com)
- Arm processors, such as Ampere's Altra processor, single thread per core architecture allows you to run workloads with a consistent and predictable performance while achieving ideal performance scaling. (oracle.com)
- Arm processors topped the list of processor architectures used in building supercomputers. (oracle.com)
- Ampere Altra processors single thread per core processor design eliminates the potential thread-security issues and provides isolation for customer workloads. (oracle.com)
- tweak logo to put nozzle in pocket ( make appear like a gun in holster and make man in logo face foward with arms crossed and legs shoulder width apart. (freelancer.com)
- With the approach presented here, we give an overview for the whole arm of the just-noticeable differences (JNDs) for controlled movements separately executed for the wrist, elbow, and shoulder joints. (dfki-bremen.de)
- Its suppleness and agility gave us the idea for a bionic robot arm, ISELLA," recounts Harald Staab, the IPA researcher who invented and developed the technology. (medgadget.com)
- Unlike pneumatic or hydraulic actuation systems, our robot arm has a simple, low-cost muscle, consisting of a small electric motor with a drive shaft and a cord," explains Staab. (medgadget.com)
- The ISELLA robot arm consists of a total of ten DOHELIX muscles, providing a flexor and an extensor for each articulated joint, four situated in the elbow and six in the upper arm. (medgadget.com)
- The robot arm is as flexible as a human arm. (medgadget.com)
- PITTSBURGH, Oct. 29, 2014 - (PRNewswire) - When Don Hall saw a robot arm made of balloons while visiting Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute several years ago, he knew instantly that Baymax, a pivotal character in the animated feature he was co-directing for Disney, also would be an inflatable robot. (mcadcafe.com)
- We did not invent the idea of an inflatable robot arm," Atkeson said, "What we wanted to know was: how do we make it practical? (mcadcafe.com)
- Together, they have demonstrated, for the first time, that a person with quadriplegia can maneuver a mind-controlled, human-like robot arm in seven dimensions (7D) to consistently perform many of the natural and complex motions of everyday life, such as feed herself, and manipulate objects. (medicaldesignbriefs.com)
- Tribal tattoos are worn by both men and women and normally looks stunning and spectacular just like the tribal tattoo design below. (amazonaws.com)
- The tribal tattoo design can be easily confused that the wearer has worn a full arm blouse of different colors. (amazonaws.com)
- Tribal tattoos allow the wearer to express his individuality and uniqueness by wearing tribal tattoo design that best expresses your feelings. (amazonaws.com)
- Designing a tribal tattoo require great skills and artistry since every curve is to be done with ultimate precision like on the tattoo design below. (amazonaws.com)
- The Maori culture is deeply embedded with the art of tattooing and has greatly influenced many of the tribal tattoo designs being worn by many people today. (amazonaws.com)
- The tribal tattoo below is just a great mix of color, theme, elements and features creating a whole mix of tribal tattoo design that's eye-catching and quite magnificent. (amazonaws.com)
- This tribal tattoo is a fine work of art with the designs arranged in patterns that make the entire place its worn look wonderful. (amazonaws.com)
- The Native American's Haida had tattoo designs that were quite forceful and masculine just like the tribal tattoo below that looks quite masculine and scaring at the same time. (amazonaws.com)
- Tribal tattoos have in the modern times become expression of an individual's artistic capabilities with many tribal tattoo designs well intertwined to create such a spectacular look. (amazonaws.com)
- The bold dark tribal tattoo design work looks fantastic however its important to be sure of exactly which type of tribal tattoo design you want since wearing the deeply thick tattoos can be a great problem if you want to remove the tattoo. (amazonaws.com)
- When it comes to tribal tattoos there's no design that can be assumed as wrong or right one is free to add in features and themes that one may want to identify with. (amazonaws.com)
- The design of tribal tattoo are somehow similar to tattoo designs by a Native American tribe called the Haida. (amazonaws.com)
- Tattoo artists have said that tribal tattoo designs are the most requested by tattoo lovers. (amazonaws.com)
- It's one thing to choose a perfect tribal tattoo design to wear and another thing to get an artist that can bring out the design to the perfect work you want it to be. (amazonaws.com)
- This is one of those beautiful tribal tattoo designs that you just find people's eyes glued on when moving around. (amazonaws.com)
- A well designed tribal tattoo looks spectacular and carries some element of great artwork like the tribal tattoo below. (amazonaws.com)
- Tribal tattoos are believed to contain elements that are thoroughly researched and each design has a profound personal attachment. (amazonaws.com)
- 50 tribal wolf tattoo designs for men canine ink ideas. (warhammer-sale.com)
- 48 powerful wolf tattoo designs tribal traditional. (warhammer-sale.com)
- it took quite a while if you want to find the perfect tribal arm tattoo. (blogspot.com)
- Well, here are quick tips that will help you pin point the great galleries will have the right arm tribal tattoo for you. (blogspot.com)
- You can simply type a few words and you get a large list of relevant web sites that may have tribal arm tattoo. (blogspot.com)
- This is a problem when you are looking for quality tribal arm tattoo. (blogspot.com)
- That's not the kind of tribal arm tattoo you want to have on your skin. (blogspot.com)
- We could even see hexa-core designs, with two A73s and four A53s, which would have the same footprint as an octo-core A53, according to ARM. (theregister.com)
- Outlined in a post to Slashleaks on Friday are supposed Geekbench benchmarks for ARM big.LITTLE chips with 10- and 12-core architectures. (appleinsider.com)
- The reader who wishes to make a comparative study of architectures will find the required informa- tion on the ARM here but must look elsewhere for information on other designs. (coursehero.com)
- Living radical polymerization (LRP) has attracted increased attention as it allows for the rational design of polymer architectures with predictable molecular weights and narrow molecular weight distributions [ 1 , 2 , 3 ]. (mdpi.com)
- Solutions for the efficient implementation of complex SoC designs. (arm.com)
- SDS has delivered a broad set of customized Design Point solutions utilizing the most advanced emerging subsystems, tools and process nodes to SoC architects and their design implementation teams. (synopsys.com)
- SDS' Turnkey offering spans front-end solutions including but not limited to architectural modeling and validation, design and verification, microarchitectural analysis, power planning, implementation and signoff and extends through package design. (synopsys.com)
- This appendix relates to the implementation of compiler code-generators and language run-time library kernels for the Acorn RISC Machine (ARM) but is also a useful reference when interworking assembly language with high level language code. (riscos.com)
- In order to write a run-time kernel for a language implementation, additional information specific to the relevant ARM operating system will be needed (some information is given in the sections describing the standard register bindings for this procedure-call standard). (riscos.com)
- These disciplines are observed by Acorn's C language implementation for the ARM and, eventually, will be observed by other high level language compilers too. (riscos.com)
- Because C is the first-choice implementation language for RISC OS applications and the implementation language of Acorn's UNIX product RISC iX, the utility of a new language implementation for the ARM will be related to its compatibility with Acorn's implementation of C. (riscos.com)
Sleeve tattoo designs1
- Arm Sleeve Tattoo Designs For Men Cool Tattoos Bonbaden inside sizing 1024 X 926 Arm Tattoos Designs For Men - Amazing place. (voguedout.com)
- The Dante Reference Design Kit for NXP i.MX 8M Mini QuadLite processor is expected to be available in Q4 2019. (audioxpress.com)
- The tool was designed for a low-volume production rate and batch size - tool wear was neglected - at a maximum operational temperature of 400°C and a loading capacity of 1600 tonnes. (uwaterloo.ca)
Coat of A1
- Design Your own Coat of Arms & Sheild! (mumslounge.com.au)
- This validation and evaluation [of the interface and robotic arm] with end users is a major contribution of the study," says Mr Biswas. (ndtv.com)
- Robot arms often present a risk to human operators - a technical hitch can provoke wild, uncontrolled movements. (medgadget.com)
- Whereas conventional robot arms have only one motor to drive each articulated joint, ISELLA has two, grouped in pairs so that if one motor control should fail, the second takes over to prevent uncontrolled movements. (medgadget.com)
- These movements resisted Nazi rule through distribution of illegal newspapers and radios, sabotage of forced labour efforts for the war, aiding escape from ghettos, and armed uprisings. (theholocaustexplained.org)
- With these sensors , we are able to classify hand gestures , and not arm movements. (psu.edu)
- The technical design of JACO has been conceived to mimic a fully functioning human arm by allowing a total of 16 smooth movements. (spinalcordinjuryzone.com)
- The activity pattern of the whole population during rest ( Idle state) was highly distinct from that during reaching movements ( Active state), allowing us to predict arm resting from instantaneous firing rates with 98% accuracy using a simple classifier. (jneurosci.org)
- They coupled this with an Augmented Reality application to allow the user to use a robotic arm for tasks like picking up and dropping objects, and placing them where they desire, as long as it was within reach of the robotic arm, according to an IISc statement. (ndtv.com)
- One of the main applications of this eye gaze-controlled robotic arm is rehabilitation of young adults with SSMI, through tasks such as fabric printing. (ndtv.com)
- Using the robotic arm designed by the researchers, people with SSMI can use their eye gaze to perform mechanical tasks that can help them work on handicrafts independently, it said. (ndtv.com)
- In the present series of experiments, we investigated functional interactions between these areas in rats during the performance of delayed and nondelayed spatially cued radial-arm maze tasks. (jneurosci.org)
- and/or PFC to guide foraging behavior according to the demands of specific radial-arm maze tasks. (jneurosci.org)
- Diagrams of the delayed spatial win-shift (SWSh) and the random foraging (RF) eight-arm radial-maze tasks. (jneurosci.org)
- OBJECTIVES After stroke, abnormal arm posture due to spasticity in a functionally useless arm may interfere with self care tasks. (bmj.com)
- Simple and abstract designs also can make it very attractive by adding some unique design elements on your tattoo. (amazonaws.com)
- The purpose of this course is to arm participants with the fundamental knowledge and skills to design a high quality research project and grant proposal to jumpstart their research career. (saem.org)
- The goal of substudy 02A is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of investigational treatment arms in participants with PD-1 refractory melanoma to identify the investigational agent(s) that, when used in combination, are superior to the current treatment options/historical control available. (mdanderson.org)
- In this paper the study design, the intervention and the outcome measures as well as the baseline characteristics of the study participants are presented. (bibsys.no)
- Other devices require drilling holes in a subject's skull, said Jianjun Meng, a University postdoctoral researcher and lead author of the December study about the arm. (mndaily.com)
- The skull in the back right is wearing the prototype for my Honorable Mention in the Texas Instruments Design Stellaris 2010 contest. (circuitcellar.com)
- Created by Arm architecture experts, our development tools are designed to accelerate product engineering from SoC architecture to software application development. (arm.com)
- The data from below benchmark shows that Altra Arm CPUs can reach ~37 FPS, which is the highest among all the instances. (oracle.com)
- Methods/Design The study is a randomised three-armed single-blind controlled trial with follow-ups 3 months, 1 and 2 years. (bibsys.no)
- In this paper we will show how small-sample methods used to design phase II drug trials can be extended to allow for this clustering. (biomedcentral.com)
- RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS -Capillary BG samples were collected every 15 min for 3-5 h from the fingertip and the forearm of 17 insulin-treated diabetic patients and analyzed with different glucose monitors (FreeStyle, One Touch Ultra, and Soft-Sense). (diabetesjournals.org)
- Methods: We conducted a cohort study of 5,586 men ages ≥55 years who were randomized to the placebo arm of the Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial between 1993 and 1996. (aacrjournals.org)
- Electromyogram-triggered neuromuscular stimulation for improving the arm function of acute stroke survivors: a randomized pilot study," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation , vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 570-575, 1998. (hindawi.com)
- One little boy, born missing the lower portion of his right arm, encountered a stroke of luck any comic book fan would envy. (inhabitat.com)
- CONCLUSION BT-A is useful for treating patients with stroke who have self care difficulties due to arm spasticity. (bmj.com)
- Although open 6-10 and randomised control trials 11 12 have shown that BT-A reduces arm spasticity after stroke, its impact on disability and carer burden has been difficult to quantify. (bmj.com)
- To consider this issue, the primary aim of this study was to investigate the impact of BT-A treatment on disability and carer burden in people with arm spasticity after stroke. (bmj.com)
- Fifty four consecutive patients with stroke with chronic hemiparesis referred to the rehabilitation medicine unit for consideration of botulinum toxin for arm spasticity were initially assessed. (bmj.com)
- Therapeutic interventions designed to enhance motor function and promote independent use of an impaired upper extremity are quite limited. (bioportfolio.com)
- Biomedical engineering postdoctoral researcher Jianjun Meng explains how a sensor cap detects brain signals that move a robotic arm in Nils Hasselmo Hall on Monday, Jan. 30, 2017. (mndaily.com)
- Designing colour-coded measuring tapes based on mid-arm and chest circumference to predict low birth weight in the field. (nextbio.com)
- Mid-upper arm circumference (MUAC) is an important indicator of the nutritional index, particularly of children in low resource countries of the world. (banglajol.info)
- In addition to having moveable joints at the wrist and fingers, Alex's arm also has a repulsor laser built right into the palm, just like Iron Man. (inhabitat.com)
- In a study published in The Lancet , the researchers described the brain-computer interface technology and training programs that allowed the patient to intentionally move an arm, turn and bend a wrist, and close a hand for the first time in nine years. (medicaldesignbriefs.com)
- It is unclear exactly how vibration leads to HAVS, but it is generally thought to be small, repeated injuries that are sustained by nerves and blood vessels in the fingers, as well as the joints of hand, wrist and arm, which gradually lose function . (designingbuildings.co.uk)
- Position of the wrist associated with the lowest carpal-tunnel pressure: implications for splint design. (cdc.gov)
- If all looks good, I will add your torque arms to my next batch of parts. (endless-sphere.com)
- An Indian Institute of Science (IISc) research team has designed a robotic arm that can be manipulated by eye movement using a computer interface, to help people with Severe Speech and Motor Impairment (SSMI). (ndtv.com)
- To help people with SSMI (a condition caused by disorders like cerebral palsy), a research team at the Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (CPDM), IISc, worked with young adult students who have SSMI at Vidya Sagar (formerly he Spastics Society of India) in Chennai, an institution for individuals with disabilities. (ndtv.com)
- It's like Lego, designed for people who are not at ease with electronics: just put the parts together. (reuters.com)
- It was a project within the National Science Foundation-sponsored Quality of Life Technology Center , which adapts robotic technology to meet the needs of the elderly and people with disabilities, so they were particularly curious to learn whether an arm of balloons could do work that required a high degree of safety - giving a patient a sponge bath, for instance, or feeding a patient. (mcadcafe.com)
- In choosing the tattoo design comes from the subjectivity of every people. (toycyte.com)
- Some people joined organised groups of resistance, some participated in armed uprisings, some refused to do the Hitler salute, and others produced secret writings condemning the regime. (theholocaustexplained.org)
- You just have to have people willing to take on the design challenge. (yahoo.com)
- There are so many generic, low end art out there, and many people are hard to find even a few great designs. (blogspot.com)
Tattoos for women1
- The different of arm tattoos for women and men is the selected design and pictures. (toycyte.com)
- The differences are evolutionary, but they matter - they add up to making crates a near ideal tool for enabling code re-use and a decentralized swarm attack on the design space around Rust. (ibiblio.org)
- Despite the large amount of contractile activity of the playing (dominant) arm, there was no indication of between-arms differences in SATv. (frontiersin.org)
- This asymmetric loading cause between-arm differences in muscle and bone morphology ( 17 , 18 ) and maybe in the regional deposition of SAT in the upper extremity ( 19 , 20 ). (frontiersin.org)
- CONCLUSIONS -To avoid risky delays of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia detection, BG monitoring at the arm should be limited to situations in which ongoing rapid changes in BG can be excluded. (diabetesjournals.org)
- We search for improved materials to establish our gear as superior in design, workmanship, form, and function. (motorhelmets.com)
- Most interesting galleries in the search engines really packed with a nine-year old design and the top if off, a large percentage of their stocks are not even intended to be used as real tattoos! (blogspot.com)
- Galtsev and Arefyev say their design is 10 times cheaper than $15,000 mechanical prostheses from big manufacturers, although it lacks sensor controls. (reuters.com)
- The tool design was successfully validated using thermal and mechanical simulations. (uwaterloo.ca)
- Low power consumption electronics combined with a mechanical design optimized for heat transfer and dissipation makes air-cooling sufficient for most environments. (spie.org)
- The Brigand Arms Handguard concept is built on a platform of aerospace-proven materials and innovative mechanical design. (mountsplus.com)
- What started out as a motocross racing teenager named Troy Lee Design painting helmets in his parents garage for his buddies, has grown to become recognized as the premier custom helmet paint shop in the world, and is the place "The World's Fastest Racers" go when only the best will do. (motorhelmets.com)
- The world's fastest supercomputer Fugaku , a computer in Kobe co-developed by Riken and Fujitsu, makes use of Fujitsu's Arm-based system-on-chip. (oracle.com)
- Professional hardware and software engineers who are tasked with designing an SoC product which incorporates an ARM processor, or who are evaluating the ARM for a product, should find the book helpful in their duties. (coursehero.com)
- Design your Own Wooden Shield is one of Seedlings fabulous Kits that kept my two older children-(8 and 9 years old) really busy for about 3 hours or so, painting and selecting the colours, designing the patterns on the shield in its 4 designated areas what they wanted to paint. (mumslounge.com.au)
- Turtle are often designed with many complex patterns and symbols to express plenty of meanings. (amazonaws.com)
- A detailed analysis of system performance issues is provided along with design suggestions for future gyro-based input devices. (yorku.ca)
- [email protected] system with 'Facade Ventilator' and 'Constant Wind Volume Valve' mechanisms that enables ventilation even on Fix windows. (g-mark.org)
- the arm can be controlled using the chair's joystick, head control, sip-and-puff, head array system or almost any other interface, in combination. (spinalcordinjuryzone.com)
- A free export tool provided by Accelerated Designs can be used to convert BXL files to the CAD system of your choice. (nxp.com)
- Experience with system security design and management. (simplyhired.com)
- The Synopsys System Design Solutions (SDS) team brings 3 decades of experience and a vast first pass silicon track record built upon Synopsys' technology leadership. (synopsys.com)
- Brigand Arms handguards utilize a free-float barrel nut system (externally threaded alloy aluminum barrel nut and a steel jam nut). (mountsplus.com)
- Technical content and expertise to help jump start your design and get you to production faster. (nxp.com)
- Clinical and economic outcomes in the hypertension and COPD arms of a multicenter outcomes study. (nih.gov)
- Outcomes will be used to assist with study design for an 866 patient randomised controlled trial at more than 30 sites across the UK. (bmj.com)
- Outcomes will ensure optimal study protocol design for the RCT. (bmj.com)