A monocot family within the order Liliales. This family is divided by some botanists into other families such as Convallariaceae, Hyacinthaceae and Amaryllidaceae. Amaryllidaceae, which have inferior ovaries, includes CRINUM; GALANTHUS; LYCORIS; and NARCISSUS and are known for AMARYLLIDACEAE ALKALOIDS.
A plant genus in the family LILIACEAE generally growing in temperate areas. The word lily is also used in the common names of many plants of other genera that resemble true lilies. True lilies are erect perennial plants with leafy stems, scaly bulbs, usually narrow leaves, and solitary or clustered flowers.
Encyclopedias as Topic
The collective name for the islands of the central Pacific Ocean, including the Austral Islands, Cook Islands, Easter Island, HAWAII; NEW ZEALAND; Phoenix Islands, PITCAIRN ISLAND; SAMOA; TONGA; Tuamotu Archipelago, Wake Island, and Wallis and Futuna Islands. Polynesians are of the Caucasoid race, but many are of mixed origin. Polynesia is from the Greek poly, many + nesos, island, with reference to the many islands in the group. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p966 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p426)
Crinamine from Crinum asiaticum var. japonicum inhibits hypoxia inducible factor-1 activity but not activity of hypoxia inducible factor-2. (1/5)In a search for natural product inhibitors of hypoxia inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) function, crinamine (1), a crinane type alkaloid, showed potent dose dependent inhibition (IC50 = 2.7 microM) of HIF-1alpha in a cell-based reporter gene assay. Crinamine (1) was isolated from the aerial parts of Crinum asiaticum var. japonicum together with lycorine (2), norgalanthamine (3) and epinorgalanthamine (4). The other components (2-4) showed no significant inhibition of HIF-1alpha induced transcriptional activity. (+info)
Antibacterial agents from the leaves of Crinum purpurascens herb (Amaryllidaceae). (2/5)BACKGROUND: Typhoid fevers and urogenital infections continue to be serious health problems in developing countries. In our search for therapeutic agents from natural sources with potential for the treatment of typhoid fevers and urogenital infections, extract and compounds were obtained from Crinum purpurascens and tested. METHODS: Two alkaloids (4,5-ethano-9,10-methylenedioxy-7-phenanthridone or hippadine (1) and 4,5-ethano-9-hydroxy-10-methoxy-7-phenanthridone or pratorimine (2)) and one steroid (a-D-glucopyranoside of sitosterol (3)) were isolated from the CH(2)Cl(2)/MeOH (1:1) leaf extract of Crinum purpurascens and screened for antibacterial activity using both agar diffusion and broth dilution techniques. RESULTS: For the CH(2)Cl(2)/MeOH extract, the MIC values obtained were 3 mg/ml (against P. aeruginosa), 4 mg/ml (against E. coli, K. pneumoniae and S. aureus) and 6 mg/ml (against S. typhi and S. paratyphi B), whereas the MBC values varied between 7 and 12 mg/ml. For compound 1, the MIC values varied between 200 and 250 microg/ml, whereas the MBC value was 300 microg/ml against all the bacteria strains used. Compound 2 did not show any antimicrobial activity against these bacteria strains. For compound 3, the MIC values varied between 250 and 300 microg/ml, whereas the MBC values were 300 microg/ml (against S. typhi and S. paratyphi B) and > 300 microg/ml (against the other bacteria strains). CONCLUSION: These data suggest that C. purpurascens leaf extract contains antibacterial agents which could be used in the treatment of typhoid fevers and urogenital infections. (+info)
Two new alkaloids from Crinum asiaticum var. sinicum. (3/5)Two new alkaloids (1, 2) were isolated from the whole plants of Crinum asiaticum var. sinicum together with seven known alkaloids. The structures of the new alkaloids were elucidated by spectroscopic analyses and chemical conversions from known alkaloids. New alkaloid 1 was isolated for the first time as a natural product, although it has been prepared as a synthetic product. (+info)
Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of crinumin, a chymotrypsin-like glycosylated serine protease with thrombolytic and antiplatelet activity. (4/5)(+info)
Effect of four medicinal plants on amyloid-beta induced neurotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells. (5/5)Amyloid-beta peptide (Abeta) is implicated in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease (AD), a neurodegenerative disorder. This study was designed to determine the effect of four medicinal plants used to treat neurodegenerative diseases on Abeta-induced cell death. Cytotoxicity of the ethanol extracts of the plants was determined against SH-SY5Y (human neuroblastoma) cells which were untreated, as well as toxically induced with Abeta, using the MTT and neutral red uptake assays. Cell viability was reduced to 16% when exposed to 20 microM Abeta25-35 for 72 h. The methanol extract of the roots of Ziziphus mucronata Willd., Lannea schweinfurthii (Engl.) Engl. and Terminalia sericea Burch. ex DC., were the least toxic to the SH-SY5Ycells at the highest concentration tested (100 microg/ml). All four plants tested were observed to reduce the effects of Abeta-induced neuronal cell death, indicating that they may contain compounds which may be relevant in the prevention of AD progression. (+info)
Crinum Latifolium Higher Potency 100% Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium
Crinum Latifolium * Higher Potency * 100% Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium * Support Prostate & Sexual Health According to Eastern Medicine * Try Yours Satisfaction Guaranteed *
Crinum macowanii | Plantz Africa
This plant is fast growing and long-lived. It prefers a permanent spot where it will not be disturbed; constant digging up and moving damages its perennial roots and reduces flowering. It can be grown outdoors in mild parts of the Northern Hemisphere, but needs protection in very cold areas. It can be cultivated in a large container, but must be kept well watered and fertilised regularly.. Grow Crinum macowanii in full sun, in fertile soil. It needs regular heavy watering during its summer growing period and thrives in a moist position, e.g. beside a stream, river or pond or on the edges of a vlei and is ideal for wet parts of a garden. It prefers to be dry during its winter dormant period but will survive winter irrigation and/or rain provided the soil is very well drained. It is a heavy feeder and benefits from regular feeding and generous applications of well-rotted compost. Propagate by seed or the removal of offsets. Crinum macowanii produces a large number of seeds and they germinate ...
Summer Bulbs for Southern Gardens: Crinums. Zones 7 through 11. - Daves Garden
In high summer Crinums are often seen blooming in old Southern gardens. Like their cousins amaryllis, crinums are also within the Amaryllidaceae family. Blooming still In abandoned gardens they may...
Cook Islands Biodiversity : Crinum asiaticum - Grand Crinum
The Cook Islands Biodiversity Database contains detailed information, images, sound and video of over 4000 species from the Cook Islands.
Crinum in A Checklist for the South China Botanical Garden, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, P. R. China @ efloras.org
Description from Flora of China. Herbs perennial, bulbiferous. Leaves basal, ligulate or ensiform, often large, with extensible fibers visible when torn. Flowering stem solid. Inflorescences umbellate, rarely flower solitary; involucres large and broad. Flowers pedicellate or sessile. Perianth actinomorphic or slightly zygomorphic, salverform or subsalverform; lobes oblong, lanceolate, or linear, straight or curved upward. Stamens inserted at throat of perianth tube; filament suberect to declinate, filiform; anther versatile, linear. Ovary 3-loculed; ovules 2 to many per locule. Style slightly decumbent, slender; stigma capitate, small. Fruit a capsule, subglobose, dehiscing irregularly. Seeds orbicular or angular, large.. According to the literature, Crinum asiaticum Linnaeus var. anomalum Herbert, C. asiaticum var. declinatum Herbert, and C. loureiroi M. Roemer also occur in China, but no specimens of these taxa have been seen by the present authors.. Between 65 and over 100 species: tropical ...
Lirio / Crinum latifolium / pink-striped trumpet lily: Philippine herbal medeicine / Philippine Alternative Medicine
Lirio, Crinum latifolium: pink striped trumpet lily Philippine Herbal Medicine - An illustrated compilation of Philippine medicinal plants by Dr Godofredo Stuart, with botanical information, chemical properties, folkloric uses and medical research studies.
Crinum sp., River Lily - TopTropicals.com
TopTropicals exotic plant encyclopedia. Plant%20profile%20-%20Species:%20Crinum%20sp.%2c%20Botanical%20Family:%20Amaryllidaceae%2c%20Plant%20common%20name:%20River%20Lily%2c%20Plant%20origin:%20Australia%2c%20tropical%20Asia%2c%20South%20Africa
Crinum breeding: which features ?
Dear All; I have read the reports with interest, but have a slightly different view from a northern grower who does not hybridize. My thoughts relate to hardy Crinum only. An established plant will consist of numerous bulbs - 12 to 20. Each mature bulb can put up to 4 stalks giving an old clump upwards of 30 to 50 or more stalks over weeks of bloom. Each stalk has up to 7 flowers that open over a week or more. With even a handful of hardy varieties, bloom has lasted (and continues, even now with Cecil Houdyshel and Ellen Bousanquet) over much more than a month. What I see as a problem are flowers that do not open widely and face outwardly instead of half open and drooping. I like flowers with full wide petals or overlapping petals, not with narrow petals and wide spaces between. Colors could be brighter and deeper over a wider range of shades. I have a single C. scabrum hybrid that is hardy here, but it is slightly marginal without enough bloom for its size. The flowers are great with deep ...
Hi David, The intergeneric cross between Hippeastrum and Amaryllis has been attempted many times in the past 2 centuries without any apparent success. While these genera have the same basic Chromosome count 2N= 22, Ive read a couple of papers comparing the DNA of Hippeastrum species with Amaryllis belladonna where it is reported that there are significant differences in the total chromosome volume and nuclear DNA with A.?belladonna having significantly larger DNA content and possesses a karyotype different from that of Hippeastrum spp. The two genera are similar in general vegetative and floral morphology, but they have important differences in the internal anatomy of leaves, bulbs, and roots and also some significant karyological differences between the two genera. There is probably more hope in crossing Hippeastrums with Crinums for most Crinum species also have the chromosome count of 2N = 22. Cheers Jim Lykos ----- Original Message ----- From: David Maxwell To: [email protected] Sent: ...
What Is Ovarian Follicular Cyst | Ovarian Cyst Natural Treatment Options - What You Should Know!
There is continue to a long way, nevertheless , before this could be achieved, and further evidence will make it feasible to apply moving cell-free miRNAs not only while biomarkers yet also while potential restorative targets designed for ovarian malignancy in the future……. Her gynecologist recommended ovarian medical procedures, but this girl re-quested a trial upon natural supplements and was put on a Crinum compound (3 caps 2x per day), Seven weeks later, this girl had a duplicate pelvic ultrasound and there was clearly no evidence of any cysts, and her surgery was cancelled.. Nevertheless , although this can be a most effective method of treatment, there still is a chance the fact that cyst can return later on in life. Using magnet resonance image resolution (MRI) while an adjunct to ultrasonography (US) in prenatal diagnosis, all of us sought to demonstrate the ability to imagine ovarian cysts on prenatal MRI.. A large number of doctors suggest taking the contraception pill to try to ...
Epacris purpurascens synonyms, Epacris purpurascens antonyms - FreeThesaurus.com
Synonyms for Epacris purpurascens in Free Thesaurus. Antonyms for Epacris purpurascens. 1 synonym for Epacris purpurascens: Port Jackson heath. What are synonyms for Epacris purpurascens?
Full text of Medical Jurisprudence And Toxicology
MEDICAL JURISPRUDENCE Criminal Responsibility, in relation to age, in semisomnolence, 400. in somnambulism, 399. in somnolentia, 400. law in England regarding, 384. law in India regarding, 395. McNaughten rule and, 395. Crinum deflexum (Asiaticum), poisoning by, 597. Crisalbin, poisoning by, 567. Crockery, wounds by broken, 215. Crocus sativus, as abortifacient, 336, Cross-examination, 11. Crotin, 571. Croton, 571. Croton oil, 571, 573. Croton tigliurn, poisoning by, 571. Crural index, 23. Cryptorchids, 286. Crystals, hsemin, 92. Roussins, 710. Cuckoo-pint, 596. Cucumis trigonus, 336. Culpable homicide, 229. (See Appendix IV). Cupping, in abortion, 336, Cupric sulphate, 533. Curara (Curare), poisoning by, 748. tests for, 748. Curcin, 595. Cuscuta reflexa, 336, 593. poisoning by, 593. Cutis anserina, in drowning, 172. Cytisine, 591. Cytisus Laburnum, poisoning by, 591. D Daboia, 603 ; poisoning by bite of, 605. Dabur, 722. Dactylography, 46. Daisy powder, 656. Dakins solution, 491. Dangerous ...
For vascular plants occurring in wildlands or otherwise outside of cultivation in California, the Jepson eFlora contains taxonomic treatments, distribution maps, illustrations, photographs, and identification keys.
Calflora: Poa cusickii ssp. purpurascens
Available: http://www.calflora.org/ (Accessed: Jan 18, 2018). The information on this page comes from diverse sources. None of the links are sponsored. ...
Vidua purpurascens - Wikispecies
In-vitro thrombolytic activity and phytochemical evaluation of leaf extracts of four medicinal plants of Asteraceae family
The present study was designed to investigate the comparative study of the thrombolytic activity and phytochemical analysis of the methanolic extract of leaves of Wedelia chinensis Osbeck. Merr., Eclipta alba (L) Hassk., Emilia sonchifolia (L.) DC. and Spilanthes paniculata Wall.
UC/JEPS: Jepson Manual treatment for LILIUM washingtonianum subsp. purpurascens
Flower generally bisexual, generally radial; perianth often showy, segments generally 6 in two petal-like whorls (outer sometimes sepal-like), free or fused at base; stamens 6 (or 3 + generally 3 ± petal-like staminodes), filaments sometimes attached to perianth or fused into a tube or crown; ovary superior or inferior, chambers 3, placentas generally axile, style generally 1, stigmas generally ...
Aspirin not effective in some people - Harvard Health
Aspirins powerful antiplatelet activity helps prevent clots from forming inside arteries or stents and causing heart attacks and strokes. When someone…
Most recent papers with the keyword Anti-aging Medicine | Read by QxMD
BACKGROUND: Skin forms an important part of human innate immune system. Wrinkles, thinning and roughening of skin are some of the symptoms that affect the skin as it ages. Reactive oxygen species induced oxidative stress plays a major role in skin aging by modulating the elastase enzyme level in the skin. Extrinsic factors that affect skin aging such as UV radiation can also cause malignant melanoma. Here we selected four medicinal plant materials, namely, leaves of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis, unripe and ripe Aegle marmelos fruit pulp and the terminal meristem of Musa paradisiaca flower and investigated their anti-aging properties and cytotoxicity in vitro individually as well as in a poly herbal formulation containing the four plant extracts in different ratios ...
Buy Asiatic Jasmine - Trachelospermum asiaticum - 2.5 Quart - Trachelospermum - Asian Jasmine
Buy Asiatic Jasmine - Trachelospermum asiaticum - 2.5 Quart - Trachelospermum - Asian Jasmine. GardenerDirect.com sells quality flowers, shrubs, trees, and various other unique and rare plants.
Hypertension | Gaia
Basically hypertension is the technical term for high blood pressure, a condition that affects almost 3 million Australians over the age of 25. Often, those with hypertension do not actually feel sick. And this is why the disease is frequently called the silent killer.. Those at risk are your typical Type A personality people. They rev their engines pretty high and seldom take the time to chill out.. Food Facts: Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the term used for heart, stroke and blood vessel diseases. CVD is the leading cause of death in Australia, accounting for 36 per cent of all deaths in Australia in 2004. It kills one Australian every ten minutes.. Set of Four Medicinal Dishes to Treat Hypertension: Nori Egg Drop Soup; Scrambled Tofu; Buckwheat Pancakes with Apple and Pear; Corn and Coconut Biscuits. ...
A tree endemic to Andean Ecuador, where it is known from three populations. The type specimen was collected in an undetermined locale of Azuay province by W. Camp in 1945. The other populations are from an undetermined locale of Chimborazo and from a remnant forest at km 25 of the Loja-Saraguro road, at 2,600 m elevation. Not known to occur in Ecuadors protected areas network, but expected in the Parque Nacional Podocarpus. The principal threats are mining, deforestation, and disorganized colonization. Classified as Vulnerable in 1998 (Oldfield et al. 1998 ...
Effect of Four Medicinal Plants (Withania somnifera, Liquorice, Allium sativum and Berberis lycium) Mixture Extraction the ...
The research study was undertaken to investigate the effect of different level of (Withania somnifera, Liquorice, Alium sativum and Berberis Lycium) e..
Browsing College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science by Author Langlois, Angela.
This thesis describes a phytochemical investigation of four medicinal plants, namely, Agave attenuata (Agavaceae), Balanites maughamii (Balanitaceae), Astrotrichilia parvifolia (Meliaceae) and Combretum fragrans (Combretaceae ...
Asclepias purpurascens Purple Milkweed | Prairie Moon Nursery
Purple Milkweed flowers will attract a variety of nectar-seeking insects from the very small to the large: Bumble Bees and, of course, Monarchs.
Compound XV | SpringerLink
Taxonomy: Physicochemical and Pharmacological Properties of Triterpene Glycosides - Glycosides of Aglycones of Oleanene Type - Arjungenin Biological source: Trachelospermum asiaticum  C41H66O15:...
Hypoxia inducible factor-1α inactivation unveils a link between tumor cell metabolism and hypoxia-induced cell death<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Hypoxia inducible factor-1α inactivation unveils a link between tumor cell metabolism and hypoxia-induced cell death. AU - Favaro, Elena. AU - Nardo, Giorgia. AU - Persano, Luca. AU - Masiero, Massimo. AU - Moserle, Lidia. AU - Zamarchi, Rita. AU - Rossi, Elisabetta. AU - Esposito, Giovanni. AU - Plebani, Mario. AU - Sattler, Ulrike. AU - Mann, Thomas. AU - Mueller-Klieser, Wolfgang. AU - Ciminale, Vincenzo. AU - Amadori, Alberto. AU - Indraccolo, Stefano. PY - 2008/10. Y1 - 2008/10. N2 - Hypoxia and the acquisition of a glycolytic phenotype are intrinsic features of the tumor microenvironment. The hypoxia inducible factor-1α (HIF-1α) pathway is activated under hypoxic conditions and orchestrates a complex transcriptional program that enhances cell survival. Although the consequences of HIF-1α inactivation in cancer cells have been widely investigated, only a few studies have addressed the role of HIF-1α in the survival of cancer cells endowed with different glycolytic ...
2,7-dihydroapogeissoschizine from root bark of strychnos Gossweileri - Quetin-Leclercq Joëlle
en] In this paper, we describe the isolation and structural determination of 2,7-dihydroxyapogeissoschizine, a new alkaloid from the root bark of Strychnos gossweileri. Elucidation of its structure is based mainly on 1D and 2D NMR studies; its conformation was optimized by energy minimization. This type of skeleton is related to geissoschizine but with the notable diffrence that the 1 and 17 positions are joined giving an additional fused ring. Such a seven-membered ring has ,to our knowledge, only been observed in apogeissoschizine, obtained after chemical tratment of two alkaloids ( geissospermine and geissoschizine). 2,7-dihydroxyapogeissoschizine is therefore, the first natural product possessing this skeleton. According to a preliminary test, this new alkaloid shows low toxicity to B16 melanoma cells, but not for non-cancer 3T3 fibroblasts cultured in vitro.THese results have to be confirmed by further tests ...
Effects of omeprazole on the antiplatelet activity of clopidogrel. - PubMed - NCBI
PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Selected publications - Institute of Basic Medical Sciences
OKennedy, N., Crosbie, L., van Lieshout M., Broom J.L.. Webb D. and Duttaroy, A.K. (2006) Antiplatelet activity of tomato extract. Part I: Effects on platelet function in vitro and ex vivo - a time course cannulation study in healthy humans, Am. J. Clin Nutr 84:570-579 ...
AID 336312 - Antiplatelet activity against bovine citreated platelet assessed as inhibition of ADP-induced platelet aggregation...
BioAssay record AID 336312 submitted by ChEMBL: Antiplatelet activity against bovine citreated platelet assessed as inhibition of ADP-induced platelet aggregation up to 278 ug/ml after 6 mins.
NutriGold Responds To Dr. Ozs Senate Testimony: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
(PRWEB) June 30, 2014 -- NutriGold applauds the Senate initiative to hold Dr. Mehmet Oz accountable for over-the-top claims he has made about unproven weight
History of Tuvalu
... and Crinum. Medicinal: Tulla tulla, (Triumfetta procumbens); Nonou (Nonu), (Morinda citrifolia); Tausoun, (Heliotropium ...
Agriculture in Tuvalu
... and Crinum. Medicinal: Tulla tulla, (Triumfetta procumbens); Nonou, (Morinda citrifolia); Tausoun, (Heliotropium foertherianum ...
Geography of Tuvalu
... and Crinum. Donald Gilbert Kennedy, the resident District Officer in the administration of the Gilbert and Ellice Islands ... and Crinum. Medicinal: Tulla tulla, (Triumfetta procumbens); Nonou, (Morinda citrifolia); Tausoun, (Heliotropium foertherianum ...
List of Australian plant species described by Robert Brown
Crepidomanes venosum (R.Br.) Bostock Crinum angustifolium R.Br. Crinum pedunculatum R.Br. Crinum venosum R.Br. Crotalaria ...
Koninklijke Algemeene Vereniging voor Bloembollencultuur
Crinum L. Crocosmia Planch. Crocus L. Curculigo Gaertn. Cypella Herb. Cyrtanthus Aiton Daubenya Lindl. Dichelostemma Kunth ...
To the north west are another jacaranda tree, a bird-of-paradise flower (Strelitzia sp.), river lilies (Crinum sp.), a tree ...
Transfer of Crinum nerinoides to Ammocharis. Novon 2:335-35 Duncan, B. 1982. Crinum nerinoides at Kirstenbosch. Indigenous Bulb ...
List of Amaryllidoideae genera
Crinum L. Crossyne Salisb. Cryptostephanus Welw. ex Baker Cyrtanthus Aiton (syns Anoiganthus Baker, Vallota Salisb. ex Herb.) ...
Gregory coal mine
Operations at the Crinum mine began in 1997 and it employs about 200 people. Longwall mining at Crinum finished in 2007. Crinum ... The underground mine at the site is known as Crinum. Together both mines are referred to as the Gregory Crinum complex. The ... The Crinum underground mine was not closed and the coal handling preparation plant at Gregory would continue to be used. Severe ... The Gregory Coal Mine is an open-cut coal mine located at Crinum, 60 km north east of Emerald in the Central Queensland, ...
In addition to Crinum, other genera include Amaryllis, Boophone and Strumaria. The placement of Amaryllideae within subfamily ... Crininae: Three genera including Crinum. Strumariinae: Six genera including Strumaria and Nerine. Du Mortier 1829, Anal. Fam. ... with the exception of the pantropical genus Crinum. They are generally treated as consisting of four subtribes. ...
Crinum sp.); she oak (Casuarina sp.). Other exotic species include Cape chestnut (Calodendrum capense); Atlas cedar (Cedrus ...
List of Bohol flora and fauna
Crinum latifolim Linn. Maiden's hair plant - Chlorodesmis sp. Marigold - Calendula mayana or majana - Coleus sp.; Coleus blumei ...
List of plants of Burkina Faso
Crescentia cujete L. Crinum distichum Herb. Crinum nubicum Hannibal Crinum ornatum (L.f. ex Aiton) Bury Crossopteryx febrifuga ...
Crinum asiaticum, Crinum augustum, Pancratium maritimum and Hippeastrum solandriflorum. The plant virus, vallota mosaic virus, ... and Crinum moorei J. D. Hook". Journal of the American Chemical Society. 82 (10): 2620-2625. doi:10.1021/ja01495a057. Rhee IK, ...
it is placed in a sister group relationship to Ammocharis within the subtribe, and with Crinum placed as sister to Cybistetes+ ... Herbert segregated Ammocharis from Crinum in 1821, with two species, A. coranica and A. falcata (both originally Amaryllis). He ... "Transfer of Crinum nerinoides to Ammocharis (Amaryllidaceae)". Novon. 2 (1): 33-35. doi:10.2307/3391605. JSTOR 3391605. Snijman ... "Phylogeny and biogeography of Crinum L. (Amaryllidaceae) inferred from nuclear and limited plastid non-coding DNA sequences". ...
List of plants of Cerrado vegetation of Brazil
Xerosiphon aphyllus (Pohl ex Moq.) Pedersen Amaryllis heringerii Ravenna Crinum virgineum Mart. Griffinia liboriana Lem. ...
Yala National Park
In the bare sand Crinum zeylanicum is found. In the Blocks III, IV, and V, forests are more widespread. The canopy of the ...
The Capella Hotel, on the corner of Peak Downs and Crinum Streets, was built in 1955. This was the site of the former ... Capella has a number of heritage-listed sites, including: Lilyvale Road, Crinum: Lilyvale Stand Monument Australian Bureau of ... Crinum Creek (Lilyvale), Capella, and Hoods Lagoon (Clermont). The town remained a small roadside stopping place halfway ...
Tristan da Cunha
Schult.f. (Poaceae) Agrostis crinum-ursi Mez (Poaceae) Agrostis media Carmich. (Poaceae) Agrostis trachychlaena C.E. Hubbard ( ...
List of Australian plant species authored by Ferdinand von Mueller
S.Moore x Cratystylis microphylla S.Moore Crinum uniflorum F.Muell. Croninia kingiana (F.Muell.) J.M.Powell Crotalaria crispata ...
The Briars, Wahroonga
Crinum pedunculatum), have been planted in the filtered light. Old bricks form meandering paths through these trees and from ...
Other plants found in association with mangroves include the mangrove lily (Crinum pedunculatum). Mangrove forests share the ...
There are several variations possible since many species of Crinum can be combined with either of the two species of Amaryllis ... In general, almost all the hybrids have been between Crinum powellii and Amaryllis belladonna. This bulbous garden perennial ... Amarcrinum memoria-corsii (Ragionieri) H. E. Moore is the result of crossing Amaryllis belladonna × Crinum moorei. × Amarcrinum ... Amarcrinum is applied to those hybrid plants obtained from artificial crosses between the genera Amaryllis and Crinum, although ...
Ecology of Calostemma and Crinum (Amaryllidaceae) in the River Murray area, south-eastern Australia. Proc. Roy. Soc. Victoria ...
Raby, Catherine Field
A bulb patch contains what appears to be Crinum x powellii, with large fat bulbs. Evidence of glazed terracotta garden bed ...
Ornamental bulbous plant
Glory-lilies (Gloriosa) and Crinum species are examples of bulbous plants adapted to these conditions. Tropical Asia has ... Summer flowering bulbs: Achimenes, Agapanthus, Allium, Alstroemeria, Amaryllis, Anemone, Begonia, Calochortus, Canna, Crinum, ...
ISBN 978-0-521-86645-3. Manning, J. C.; Snijman, D. (1 July 2002). "Hawkmoth-pollination in Crinum variabile (Amaryllidaceae) ...
Adults have been recorded feeding on nectar of Crinum, Catharanthus roseus, Petunia and Saponaria officinalis. The larvae feed ...
The larvae feed on Crinum asiaticum, Crinum pedonculatum, Clivea miniata, Hymenocallis littoralis, and Hippeastrum species. ...
Moore Farms Botanical Garden
Several Crinum selections (including 'Summer Nocturne' and 'Rose Parade') are also cultivated within this region. The ... Crinum, Magnolia, Quercus virginiana (Southern Live Oak), and Narcissus (particularly the 'Jonquils', or those in Division 7 of ...
Crinum - Wikipedia
hardy swamplily Crinum latifolium L. Crinum macowanii Baker Crinum moorei Hook.f. Crinum pedunculatum R.Br., syn. C. asiaticum ... San Francisco Crinum ornatum, SW Burkina Faso Crinum species in Hyderabad, India Queen Emma lily (Crinum augustum or Crinum ... augustum) in Hawaiʻi Crinum Ellen Bosanquet List of plants known as lily "Genus: Crinum L." Germplasm Resources Information ... Amongst these are: Crinum americanum L. - southern swamplily, seven sisters Crinum asiaticum L. - poisonbulb, Queen Emma lily ...
Crinum moorei - Wikipedia
Crinum thaianum (Onion Plant, Thai Water Onion, Water Onion)
Crinum xerophilum H. Perrier ex Lehmiller - Encyclopedia of Life
Crinum breeding: which features ?
... James Waddick [email protected] Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:09:13 PDT*Previous message: TOW ... My thoughts relate to hardy Crinum only. An established plant will consist of numerous bulbs - 12 to 20. Each mature bulb can ...
Crinum sp., River Lily - TopTropicals.com
Crinum sp.. Family: Amaryllidaceae. River Lily. Origin: Australia, tropical Asia, South Africa. Crinum is a fascinating genus ... Throughout the world Crinum species have been used traditionally to cure ailments and diseases. Phytochemical analysis yielded ... 2004). Since the alkaloids are highly toxic, use of Crinum species is not recommended for the novice, as a large dose could ... Link to this plant: https://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/crinum_sp.htm. ...
Cherish the pale pink and white variety crinum lily in your yard - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
Some crinum lilies are fragrant and come in different colors of white, purple and pink. White is the most common type, so enjoy ... Answer: I bet you have a crinum lily. They bloom starting in the spring and continue through the summer. They have long, light ... Cherish the pale pink and white variety crinum lily in your yard. Horticulture Hotline. ...
Cook Islands Biodiversity : Crinum asiaticum - Grand Crinum
COMMON NAMES: Grand Crinum, Poison-bulb Lily, White Crinum, White Crinum-Lily. TRADITIONAL NAMES: Riri (RR MG AT MK MT AK TW RK ... Crinum asiaticum Ker-Grawler non Linnaeus. SYNONYMS: Crinum pedunculatum [incl. TC]. TAXONOMY: PLANTAE; ANTHOPHYTA (= ... and Crinum procerum (Carey) reduced to varieties), except the yellow-leaved form, which is maintained as Crinum xanthophyllum ... and flowers white or red are listed as Crinum asiaticum sensu Ker-Grawler non Linnaeus (including Crinum peduculatum R.Brown. ...
Crinum Ellen Bosanquet | Ellen Bosanquet Crinum Lily for sale $28.00 | Plant Delights Nursery
... buy Crinum Ellen Bosanquet for sale from Plant Delights Nursery, award-winning mail order perennial plants on-line; buy Crinum ... Crinum Ellen Bosanquet aka Ellen Bosanquet Crinum Lily. Grows in Sun to Part Sun. Flower Color is Pink, Red and blooms in ... Lily for sale, buy Crinum for sale, buy perennial plants for sale, sun garden perennials ... Crinum Ellen Bosanquet is still considered one of the finest crinum lilies for the home garden. This vigorously multiplying ...
Crinum latifolium - Milk and Wine Lily
Synonyms: Crinum cochinchinense, Crinum longistylum, Crinum esquirolii. This old fashioned crinum lily is a low maintence plant ... wide-leaved crinum lily crinum lily • Bengali: সুখদর্শন sukhadarshana • Konkani: गोल कांदो gol kando • Malayalam: ചുവന്ന ... Botanical name: Crinum latifolium Family: Amaryllidaceae (Nargis family). ...
Sudarshana (Crinum latifolium) - Uses, Health Benefits, Ayurvedic Energetics and Properties
... crinum latifolium). Ayurveda uses this plant mainly for Painful swellings, Fevers of unexplained origin, Poisoning and skin ... Sudarshana (Crinum latifolium) - Uses & Health Benefits. Introduction about Crinum. Crinum is a genus of about 180 species ... Rakt Pushpi - Pink Striped trumpet lily is another name in English for Crinum latifolium, which is Sudarshana. Crinum asiaticum ... Wide Leaved Pink Striped Trumpet Lily (Crinum latifolium), Spider Lily for Crinum asiaticum ...
Cognitive-Enhancing Effect of a Hydroethanolic Extract of Crinum macowanii against Memory Impairment Induced by Aluminum...
Two new alkaloids from Crinum asiaticum var. japonicum | Springer for Research & Development
Ochi M, Otsuki H, Nagano K (1976) The structure of hamayne, a new alkaloid from Crinum asiaticum L. var. japonicum Baker. Bull ... Crinum asiaticum var. japonicum Crinine alkaloid Galanthamine alkaloid Cytotoxicity Acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity ... were isolated from the rhizome and fruits of Crinum asiaticum var. japonicum. The structural elucidation of the isolated ... New crinine-type alkaloids with inhibitory effect on induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase from Crinum yemense. J Nat ...
Crinum in A Checklist for the South China Botanical Garden, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, P. R. China @ efloras.org
PR Polymers Supports BMA Gregory Crinum Mine through Service Borehole Rehab Programme - Mining Technology | Mining News and...
PR Polymers Supports BMA Gregory Crinum Mine through Service Borehole Rehab Programme. 17 July 2018 Share Article ... PR Polymers Supports BMA Gregory Crinum Mine with their KoolKap® Down-Under Gas Bags. "Being positioned to supply KoolKap® Down ... David was very pleased for BMA Gregory Crinum to kick off the first procedural step of Borehole Rehabilitation Grouting with ... HD bags were the best fit for the application allowing each procedure of BMA Gregory Crinum grouting to be completed ...
Lirio / Crinum latifolium / pink-striped trumpet lily: Philippine herbal medeicine / Philippine Alternative Medicine
Crinum latifolium: pink striped trumpet lily Philippine Herbal Medicine - An illustrated compilation of Philippine medicinal ... Crinum speciosum Herb. [Illegitimate]. Bakong is a local name shared by two Crinum species: Crinum asiaticum and Crinum ... Crinum latifolium / Synonyms / The Plant List (19). CRINUM; AN ENDLESS SOURCE OF BIOACTIVE PRINCIPLES: A REVIEW. PART V. ... Crinum latifolium L. / Chinese names / Catalogue of Life, China (12). Crinum Latifolium Leave Extracts Suppress Immune ...
In vivo effects of crinum macowanii on the rat cardiovascular system
Isolation and characterization of endophytic fungi from Crinum asiaticum Lin Kodiyakarai, Tamilnadu, India | Abstract
The aim of the research is isolate and identify the fungal endophytes from the leaves of Crinum asiaticum L. Totally thirteen ... The aim of the research is isolate and identify the fungal endophytes from the leaves of Crinum asiaticum L. Totally thirteen ... Isolation and characterization of endophytic fungi from Crinum asiaticum Lin Kodiyakarai, Tamilnadu, India. Author(s): A. ... isolates of fungal endophytes were isolated from the leaf of Crinum asiaticum L. The endophytic fungi such as Acremonium ...
Crinum macowanii | Plantz Africa
Crinum macowanii Baker. Family: Amaryllidaceae. Common names: river crinum, river lily, common vlei-lily, Sabie crinum, Cape ... Crinum macowanii . Flowering Plants of Africa 56: 32-35.. *Bjora, C.S., Kwembeya, E.G. & Nordal, I. 2006. Crinum jasonii ( ... Growing Crinum macowanii. Grow This plant is fast growing and long-lived. It prefers a permanent spot where it will not be ... Crinum macowanii is often confused with C. bulbispermum, the Orange River Lily. An easy way to tell them apart is by the colour ...
Vintage Original Botanical Art Prints for sale | eBay
Crinum Laetifolium Vietnamese Lily Organic Extract | Bad ...
Organic Crinum Laetifolium Vietnamese Lily 25% Saponins Full-Spectrum Extract Around the world in different tropical and ... subtropical regions, plants in the genus Crinum (Amaryll ... In Traditional Chinese Medicine, Crinum Laetifolium has a long ... Crinum Laetifolium Vietnamese Lily 25% Saponins Organic Extract. Organic Crinum Laetifolium Vietnamese Lily 25% Saponins Full- ... Around the world in different tropical and subtropical regions, plants in the genus Crinum (Amaryllidaceae) are used widely in ...
Crinum Latifolium Higher Potency 100% Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium
Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium * Support Prostate & Sexual Health According to Eastern Medicine * Try Yours Satisfaction ... Get Well Natural is the official supplier of Crinum Prostate (100% Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium). Crinum Prostate (100% Crinum ... More Research Using Crinum Latifolium Extract. 2) GC-MS OF CRINUM LATIFOLIUM L. ALKALOIDS. Z Naturforsch C. 2002 Mar-Apr;57(3-4 ... More Information on Crinum Latifolium Herb:. One of Crinum Latifoliums most unique aspects, is its ability to target and ...
N-oxide alkaloids from Crinum amabile (Amaryllidaceae) - edoc
View all items in Herbs
Crila Crinum Latifolium Prostate Health New! 40 Capsules | Saigonmade
Crinum latifolium is a herb that arises from an underground bulb. The flowering stems are stout, reaching about 2 m in height. ... Crinum latifolium is a herb that arises from an underground bulb. The flowering stems are stout, reaching about 2 m in height. ... CRILA capsule is formulated from bioactive alkaloids extracted from €œRoyal Virgin€�- Vietnamese Crinum latifolium L. with a ... Each capsule contains: Crinum latifolium ......250mg, Aerosil, Sodium starch glycolat, Talc, Magnesistearate ...
Crinum asiaticum L Amaryllidaceae Crinum Lily Spider Lily Bawang Tanah - Medicinal Plants
Leaf blade of Crinum asiaticum Crinum asiaticum plant Leaf blade of Crinum asiaticum Crinum asiaticum plant Description Crinum ... Leaf blade of Crinum asiaticum Crinum asiaticum plant. Description: Crinum asiaticum L. is a bulbous herb with a flowering ... Crinum asiaticum L Amaryllidaceae Crinum Lily Spider Lily Bawang Tanah. Last Updated on Mon, 03 Sep 2018 , Medicinal Plants ...
Crinum asiaticum white flowers - "Etched glass" of prostate hypertrophy ~ protein-barscheap.info
Many readers want to ask there should use the Crinum asiaticum white flowers or not, and how? Crinum asiaticum white flowers ... Project study Crinum asiaticum trees white flowers.. He has conducted the subject "research effects of Crinum asiaticum tree ... Please share why trees flower white Crinum asiaticum to conduct research? Choosing white Crinum asiaticum is derived from ... Crinum asiaticum white flowers has been used a lot in traditional medicine. But not everyone knows white Crinum asiaticum is ...
My chat - gardenersworld.com
NDL India: An Investigation On The Karyotype Of The Genus Crinum And Its Phylogeny
- Amongst these are: Crinum americanum L. - southern swamplily, seven sisters Crinum asiaticum L. - poisonbulb, Queen Emma lily Crinum bulbispermum (Burm.f. (wikipedia.org)
- This database follows Hannibal (c.1997): (1) all forms with slender, strap-like petals, fruit beaked, and flowers white or red are listed as Crinum asiaticum sensu Ker-Grawler non Linnaeus (including Crinum peduculatum R.Brown. (bishopmuseum.org)
- fieldspecimen+photo, 2/2004, G.McCormack with ID as Crinum asiaticum . (bishopmuseum.org)
- Crinum asiaticum has white flowers. (planetayurveda.com)
- Two new alkaloids from Crinum asiaticum var. (springer.com)
- Ochi M, Otsuki H, Nagano K (1976) The structure of hamayne, a new alkaloid from Crinum asiaticum L. var. (springer.com)
- According to the literature, Crinum asiaticum Linnaeus var. (efloras.org)
- Crinum asiaticum and Crinum latifolium (Lirio). (stuartxchange.com)
- Crinum asiaticum L. is a bulbous herb with a flowering stalk in the centre of the plant. (doctorabel.us)
- Crinum asiaticum white flowers has been used a lot in traditional medicine . (protein-barscheap.info)
- But not everyone knows white Crinum asiaticum is also considered the killers of disease (also known as fibrous tumors) prostate . (protein-barscheap.info)
- Crinum asiaticum white flowers or General of the Army ( Crinum asiaticum ) white is the common tree species from North to South. (protein-barscheap.info)
- Please share why trees flower white Crinum asiaticum to conduct research? (protein-barscheap.info)
- Choosing white Crinum asiaticum is derived from myself. (protein-barscheap.info)
- After that, I was telling a friend for smoking Crinum asiaticum white flowers work well with this disease. (protein-barscheap.info)
- From there, I'm new to register and conduct research Crinum asiaticum trees white flowers. (protein-barscheap.info)
- Project study Crinum asiaticum trees white flowers. (protein-barscheap.info)
- He has conducted the subject "research effects of Crinum asiaticum tree white flowers on prostate disease" for how long? (protein-barscheap.info)
- I have studied the trees flower white Crinum asiaticum within 8 years. (protein-barscheap.info)
- It is a long process consisting of many small studies such as research chemist, identified the primary active ingredient, toxicity studies, pharmacological research, research reviews the effects of Crinum asiaticum white flowers on the cardiovascular, nervous, blood pressure, study manufactures and produces the drug. (protein-barscheap.info)
- Many readers want to ask there should use the Crinum asiaticum white flowers or not, and how? (protein-barscheap.info)
- Crinum asiaticum white flowers can drink fresh pickled leaves way, if drinking water colors then the efficiency will drop by the main active substances dissolves in water at least. (protein-barscheap.info)
- Also, use white Crinum asiaticum overdose can lead to undesirable effects is causing vomiting and intense. (protein-barscheap.info)
- Isolated from Crinum asiaticum , it has been shown to exhibit antimalarial activity. (ebi.ac.uk)
- The present study aims to evaluate the in vitro antimicrobial assessment of leaves extract of Crinum asiaticum against selected ear pathogens i.e. (biomedscidirect.com)
- Antioxidant activity of methanol extract of Crinum asiaticum leaves was found lower than ascorbic acid assessed by DPPH free radical scavenging activity. (biomedscidirect.com)
- The study indicates that leaves of Crinum asiaticum has antimicrobial potential and can be used for therapeutic purpose. (biomedscidirect.com)
- Crinum asiaticum and C. latifolium are two ornamental plant species with medicinal importance. (tropicalplantresearch.com)
- 4" pot from Crinum Asiaticum or White Spider lily. (georgiavines.com)
- Crinum moorei is a herbaceous plant belonging to the family Amaryllidaceae, and native to South Africa (the Cape Provinces and KwaZulu-Natal). (wikipedia.org)
- Crinum xerophilum is a species of plants in the family Amaryllidaceae . (eol.org)
- Crinum is a fascinating genus of the large and equally captivating Amaryllidaceae family. (toptropicals.com)
- Around the world in different tropical and subtropical regions, plants in the genus Crinum ( Amaryllidaceae ) are used widely in local folk medicine. (badmonkeybotanicals.com)
- Isoquinoline alkaloids from three Madagascan Crinum (Amaryllidaceae) species. (kew.org)
- Ecology of Calostemma and Crinum (Amaryllidaceae) in the River Murray area, south-eastern Australia. (wikipedia.org)
- hardy swamplily Crinum latifolium L. Crinum macowanii Baker Crinum moorei Hook.f. (wikipedia.org)
- In Ayurveda, Crinum latifolium is known as "Sudarshana" or Sukhdarshan. (planetayurveda.com)
- Rakt Pushpi - Pink Striped trumpet lily is another name in English for Crinum latifolium, which is Sudarshana. (planetayurveda.com)
- Lirio is a common name shared by Crinum latifolium (Lirio) and orange llirio ( Hippeastrum puniceum) . (stuartxchange.com)
- Crila is a natural herb formulation from leaves of Vietnamese Crinum latifolium promoted for use in reducing menopausal hot flashes, promoting uterine health, and relieving menstrual cramps and discomfort in younger women. (stuartxchange.com)
- Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium has been used in successfully for many years in Vietnam for to support the prostate gland. (getwellnatural.com)
- Get Well Natural is pleased introduce our Original Crinum Prostate (100% Crinum Latifolium) Full Spectrum Concentrated "12:1" Extract (12 to 1 concentration ratio offers the maximum strength available). (getwellnatural.com)
- Each capsule contains 100% Concentrated Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium (Leaf) Extract with No Fillers like Magnesium stearate, Silicon dioxide, Talc, etc. (getwellnatural.com)
- Get Well Natural's Crinum Prostate with 100% Authentic Vietnamese Crinum Latifolium is generally taken for at Least 3 - 6 Months at a time combined with Healthy Prostate & Ovary maximum health support. (getwellnatural.com)
- Crinum Latifolium is one of Vietnam's most potent and effective medicinal herbs for supporting prostate and ovarian health. (getwellnatural.com)
- Only the Vietnamese sourced Crinum Latifolium herb was found to provided effective supportive qualities for the prostate. (getwellnatural.com)
- Crinum Latifolium has been traditionally used in Vietnam, for many years for prostate support, immune support, longevity, and as a royalty herb which was commonly referred to as the 'Medicine for the King's Palace' and the 'Royal Female Herb. (getwellnatural.com)
- Crinum Latifolium leaves grown in China differ from Vietnamese Crinum, and has been used primarily for immune system support in Traditional Chinese Medicine. (getwellnatural.com)
- Crinum Prostate (100% Crinum Latifolium) Contains No Fillers like Magnesium stearate, Silicon dioxide, or Talc. (getwellnatural.com)
- According to a report written by Dr. Robert Rowen, in his Second Opinion newsletter, Dr. Rowen introduced Crinum Latifolium to his subscribers and described its relationship to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or 'BPH', and overall Prostate Health. (getwellnatural.com)
- We are currently reviewing research on Crila, (Crinum latifolium). (herbs.org)
- Crila Crinum Latifolium Prostate Health New! (saigonmade.com)
- Crinum latifolium is a herb that arises from an underground bulb. (saigonmade.com)
- CRILA capsule is formulated from bioactive alkaloids extracted from €œRoyal Virgin€�- Vietnamese Crinum latifolium L. with a completed technological process. (saigonmade.com)
- Amarcrinum hybridised with Amaryllis C. × powellii (garden hybrid between C. bulbispermum and C. moorei) - pale pink, fragrant, lily-like flowers produced in late summer C. × powellii 'Album' (white flowered cultivar) Crinum moorei Crinum moorei at Strybing Arboretum, San Francisco Crinum ornatum, SW Burkina Faso Crinum species in Hyderabad, India Queen Emma lily (Crinum augustum or Crinum amabile var. (wikipedia.org)
- Crinum is a genus of about 180 species of perennial plants that have large showy flowers on leafless stems, and develop from bulbs. (wikipedia.org)
- Cytological studies have shown some 27 species of Crinum to be diploid with a normal chromosome count of 2n = 22. (wikipedia.org)
- As of July 2014[update], the World Checklist of Selected Plant Families lists 105 species of Crinum. (wikipedia.org)
- Throughout the world Crinum species have been used traditionally to cure ailments and diseases. (toptropicals.com)
- 2004). Since the alkaloids are highly toxic, use of Crinum species is not recommended for the novice, as a large dose could easily be fatal. (toptropicals.com)
- Crinum is a genus of about 180 species comprising family of various beautiful perennial plants. (planetayurveda.com)
- Crinum macowanii is a variable and widespread species. (sanbi.org)
- Crinum is a genus of between 60 and 100 species distributed in the tropics and temperate regions of Africa, Asia, Australia and America. (sanbi.org)
- this species of Crinum is considered hardy at zones 8b-11 Crotan plant care, If using drip irrigation allow soil to dry slightly between waterings. (floridahillnursery.com)
- There are more than 100 Crinum species worldwide, yet the variant enjoyed in Hawai`i is known as the Queen Emma lily because of the Queen's reputation for loving the color purple. (ntbg.org)
- and (2) all forms with wider tapering petals, pure white or with red, that doNOT develop fruit, are listed as Crinum augustum Roxburgh (including Crinum amabile Donn). (bishopmuseum.org)
- Crinum pedunculatum R.Br. (wikipedia.org)
- pedunculatum - swamplily, river lily or spider lily Crinum thaianum Schulze - onion plant Crinum viviparum (Lam. (wikipedia.org)
- Crinum pedunculatum [incl. (bishopmuseum.org)
- Crinum pedunculatum is also hardy enough to use in street planting. (toptropicals.com)
- augustum) in Hawaiʻi Crinum 'Ellen Bosanquet' List of plants known as lily "Genus: Crinum L." Germplasm Resources Information Network. (wikipedia.org)
- Pacific Bulb Society Crinum Page, includes links to photographs Crinums In East Texas: Notes From Marcelle Sheppard, includes links to photographs, cultural information, and hybridizing results Bulbsociety The Genus Crinum African Crinums Bulb Society Juniper Level Botanic Garden Crinum Photo Gallery Crinum in West African plants - A Photo Guide. (wikipedia.org)
- The name of the genus Crinum is from the Greek krinon meaning lily. (sanbi.org)
- Abilio Fernandes found that the Orange River Crinum bulbispermum had a count of 2n = 66, and some desert Crinum macowanii 2n = 44. (wikipedia.org)
- Crinum macowanii (C. macowanii) (Amaryllidacea) as authenticated by Mr. F. Weitz at the Herbarium, University of the Western cape, is widely used a traditional remedy and is thought to have therapeutic value (Fennell and van Staden 2001). (uwc.ac.za)
- The objective of this study was to determine the cardiovascular effects of the crude aqueous extract of Crinum macowanii on the rat and to determine the effect of pre-treatment drugs on Crinum macowanii in in vivo, anaesthetized normotensive, male Wistar rats (200-250 g. (uwc.ac.za)
- Crinum macowanii has spectacular, fragrant, pink-striped white lilies in summer. (sanbi.org)
- Crinum macowanii is a deciduous, summer-growing bulb. (sanbi.org)
- Crinum macowanii is often confused with C. bulbispermum , the Orange River Lily. (sanbi.org)
- Crinum macowanii is still common but a decline in the number of wild plants has been observed. (sanbi.org)
- Crinum macowanii flowers are tubular, white and strongly sweet-scented, particularly in the evening, which indicates that it is probably pollinated by a moth. (sanbi.org)
- A 2007 study in Kenya by Martins and Johnson observed the Convolvulus Hawkmoth ( Agrius convolvuli ) feeding on Crinum macowanii flowers. (sanbi.org)
- Crinum macowanii bulbs and leaves are used in traditional medicine in the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal and in many parts of Africa. (sanbi.org)
- Crinum 'Ellen Bosanquet' is still considered one of the finest crinum lilies for the home garden. (plantdelights.com)
- Crinum 'Ellen Bosanquet' begins flowering in mid-June and continues through most of the summer. (plantdelights.com)
- Plants for sale are Crinum 'ellen Bosanquet' '' plants. (floridahillnursery.com)
- Some crinum lilies are fragrant and come in different colors of white, purple and pink. (orlandosentinel.com)
- The large Crinum lilies, of the subgenus Stenaster, are taxonomically confusing. (bishopmuseum.org)
- At the Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens, we are using two large specimens behind cold hardy palms and in partnership with heirloom crinum lilies. (savannahnow.com)
- Abdel-Halim OB, Morikawa T, Ando S, Matsuda H, Yoshikawa M (2004) New crinine-type alkaloids with inhibitory effect on induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase from Crinum yemense . (springer.com)
- This vigorously multiplying hybrid (possibly Crinum 'JC Harvey' x Crinum scabrum) was hybridized in Florida during the 1920s by Louis Bosanquet and named after his wife. (plantdelights.com)
- Crinum Linn. (efloras.org)
- My thoughts relate to hardy Crinum only. (pacificbulbsociety.org)
- Crinum esquirolii H.Lév. (stuartxchange.com)
- Allelopathic effects of aqueous extracts of Crinum americanum L. (scielo.br)
- If you want more, consider two members of the amaryllis family - crinum and spider lily. (theeagle.com)
- Crinum is basically a tropical plant growing in Asia, South East Asia, Australia, Pacific islands and spread up to Caribbean, Florida and Louisiana. (planetayurveda.com)
- Crinum moluccanum Roxb. (stuartxchange.com)
- The best known is the "milk and wine" version, Crinum x herbertii. (theeagle.com)
- Crinum are generally grown from shoots or seeds. (floridahillnursery.com)
- Earlier reports on such studies have shown both of 22 and 24 to represent the diploid number of chromosomes in the somatic cell of Crinum sp. (tropicalplantresearch.com)
- Do not over water any members of the Crinum family. (floridahillnursery.com)
- Crinum pests and disease, Pests or diseases are few and far between. (floridahillnursery.com)
- This old fashioned crinum lily is a low maintence plant that produces lovely, large, striped, lily-like flowers. (flowersofindia.net)
- One of Crinum Latifolium's most unique aspects, is its ability to target and support both prostate and ovarian health. (getwellnatural.com)
- With a dead weight holding capability of up to 1,760kg and the quick grip to load of only two minutes, the KoolKap® HD bags were the best fit for the application allowing each procedure of BMA Gregory Crinum grouting to be completed successfully. (mining-technology.com)
- When planting Crinum in the landscape space plants at 24' apart. (floridahillnursery.com)