A greasy substance with a smoky odor and burned taste created by high temperature treatment of BEECH and other WOOD; COAL TAR; or resin of the CREOSOTE BUSH. It contains CRESOLS and POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS which are CARCINOGENS. It has been widely used as wood preservative and in PESTICIDES and had former use medicinally in DISINFECTANTS; LAXATIVES; and DERMATOLOGIC AGENTS.
A by-product of the destructive distillation of coal used as a topical antieczematic. It is an antipruritic and keratoplastic agent used also in the treatment of psoriasis and other skin conditions. Occupational exposure to soots, tars, and certain mineral oils is known to be carcinogenic according to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985) (Merck Index, 11th ed).
Dictionaries as Topic
Water Pollutants, Chemical
Gulf of Mexico
Degradation and mineralization of high-molecular-weight polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by defined fungal-bacterial cocultures. (1/33)This study investigated the biodegradation of high-molecular-weight polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in liquid media and soil by bacteria (Stenotrophomonas maltophilia VUN 10,010 and bacterial consortium VUN 10,009) and a fungus (Penicillium janthinellum VUO 10, 201) that were isolated from separate creosote- and manufactured-gas plant-contaminated soils. The bacteria could use pyrene as their sole carbon and energy source in a basal salts medium (BSM) and mineralized significant amounts of benzo[a]pyrene cometabolically when pyrene was also present in BSM. P. janthinellum VUO 10,201 could not utilize any high-molecular-weight PAH as sole carbon and energy source but could partially degrade these if cultured in a nutrient broth. Although small amounts of chrysene, benz[a]anthracene, benzo[a]pyrene, and dibenz[a,h]anthracene were degraded by axenic cultures of these isolates in BSM containing a single PAH, such conditions did not support significant microbial growth or PAH mineralization. However, significant degradation of, and microbial growth on, pyrene, chrysene, benz[a]anthracene, benzo[a]pyrene, and dibenz[a,h]anthracene, each as a single PAH in BSM, occurred when P. janthinellum VUO 10,201 and either bacterial consortium VUN 10,009 or S. maltophilia VUN 10,010 were combined in the one culture, i.e., fungal-bacterial cocultures: 25% of the benzo[a]pyrene was mineralized to CO(2) by these cocultures over 49 days, accompanied by transient accumulation and disappearance of intermediates detected by high-pressure liquid chromatography. Inoculation of fungal-bacterial cocultures into PAH-contaminated soil resulted in significantly improved degradation of high-molecular-weight PAHs, benzo[a]pyrene mineralization (53% of added [(14)C]benzo[a]pyrene was recovered as (14)CO(2) in 100 days), and reduction in the mutagenicity of organic soil extracts, compared with the indigenous microbes and soil amended with only axenic inocula. (+info)
In vitro effects of wood creosote on enterotoxin-induced secretion measured electrophysiologically in the rat jejunum and colon. (2/33)Secretory diarrhea occurs when the balance between intestinal absorption and secretion is disturbed by excessive secretion caused by enterotoxins produced by the pathogen. Wood creosote has long been used as a traditional antidiarrheal remedy. The goal of our study was to extend our knowledge about the antisecretory action of wood creosote against Escherichia coli enterotoxin-induced secretion in the small intestine and colon. Experiments were performed in mucosal sheets of rat jejunum and colon which were stripped of the external muscle layers to eliminate interactions with smooth muscle activity and local blood flow. Mucosal sheets were placed in modified Ussing chambers and hypersecretory conditions were induced by heat-labile (LT) or heat-stable (STa) E. coli enterotoxins added cumulatively (0.01-10 microg/ml) to the mucosal bathing solution. Intestinal secretion was monitored electrophysiologically as transmucosal short circuit current (Isc). LT induced a concentration-dependent increase in Isc in the rat jejunum, with no effect in the colon. In contrast, STa induced a significant increase in colonic Isc, without causing any change in Isc across the jejunum. In separate experiments the effects of increasing concentrations of wood creosote (0.1-50 microg/ml), added to the mucosal or serosal bathing solution, were examined against the secretory responses induced by LT or STa. In the small intestine the antisecretory activity of wood creosote against LT-induced secretion was more potent following serosal application, whereas in the colon wood creosote inhibited STa-induced secretion with equal potency following either serosal or mucosal addition. In summary, our findings demonstrate that wood creosote possesses antidiarrheal activity suppressing E. coli enterotoxin-induced secretion in both the small intestine and colon. (+info)
Cytochrome P4501A (CYP1A) in killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus): heritability of altered expression and relationship to survival in contaminated sediments. (3/33)Previous research has shown that killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) inhabiting a creosote-contaminated site on the Elizabeth River in Virginia exhibit little induction of cytochrome P4501A (CYP1A) protein expression and activity upon exposure to typical CYP1A-inducing chemicals. We characterized the CYP1A response of first, second, and third generation laboratory-raised offspring of feral Elizabeth River killifish to exposure to sediments from the contaminated site as well as the prototypical polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)-type CYP1A inducers beta-naphthoflavone (BNF) and 3-methylcholanthrene (3-MC). The Elizabeth River offspring's responses were compared to those of offspring of killifish from two reference sites (King's Creek, Virginia, and Russell Creek, North Carolina). As with feral Elizabeth River killifish, the first generation embryos and larvae were refractory to CYP1A induction. However, the response observed in 3-year-old first generation adults, as well as with second and third generation fish, was much closer to that observed in reference-site fish. We suggest that the pattern of altered CYP1A response in Elizabeth River killifish, while persistent and heritable for one generation, is mostly nongenetically based. Additionally, we investigated the hypothesis that low CYP1A activity (measured as in ovo EROD activity) would correlate to increased survival in Elizabeth River sediment pore water; this hypothesis was not supported by our results. (+info)
Effects of herbal drugs prescribed in wood creosote pills on the dissolution profile of guaiacol. (4/33)Wood creosote pills (P4) containing wood creosote and four herbal drugs, Gambir, Phellodendri Cortex, Glycyrrhizae Radix, and Citri Unshiu Pericarpium (CUP), have been used to treat food poisoning and diarrhea through self-medication in Japan. The mean dissolution time (MDT) of guaiacol, one of the active constituents of wood creosote, from P4 (138.3+/-3.3 min) was significantly longer than that (42.6+/-4.3 min) from pills (P0) containing only wood creosote. The MDT of the variant pills prepared from P4 without CUP (54.3+/-12.5 min) was found to be significantly shorter than that of P4. These findings suggest that CUP plays an important role in sustaining the dissolution of guaiacol from P4. The long MDT of guaiacol is considered one of the most important factors affecting the duration of efficacy after oral administration of wood creosote pills. The present findings are considered proof that CUP has been prescribed in traditional as well as new formulations of wood creosote pills. (+info)
Expression of the CYP1A1 gene in peripheral lymphocytes as a marker of exposure to creosote in railroad workers. (5/33)We have conducted a pilot study to assess levels of cytochrome CYP1A1 gene expression in human peripheral lymphocytes as a molecular biomarker assay for polycyclic hydrocarbon exposure. Basal and 3-methylcholanthrene-induced levels of gene expression were measured by standard slot-blot mRNA analyses in mitogen-stimulated cultures of peripheral blood lymphocytes from creosote-exposed railroad workers and unexposed control subjects. Dermal and inhalation exposure of workers to creosote may vary substantially as a function of working conditions related to temperature. Therefore, blood specimens were collected from separate groups during the winter, fall, and summer. Basal and induced CYP1A1 gene expression levels were not elevated in workers from any of the three seasonal studies. However, induced/basal (inducibility) CYP1A1 mRNA ratios from workers sampled in the summer (when actual exposures were greatest) were significantly higher when compared to those of controls (P < 0.01). These studies demonstrate the potential usefulness of specific gene expression assays in human peripheral lymphocytes for the assessment of carcinogen exposure in human populations. (+info)
Wood creosote inhibits calcium mobilization in Guinea pig colonic smooth muscle. (6/33)Wood creosote, a mixture of simple phenolic compounds, has long been used as an herbal antidiarrheal medicine. Previous studies have shown that wood creosote has antimotility activity on the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, although its mechanism of action is not completely understood. The in vitro efficacy of wood creosote on calcium mobilization in guinea pig colonic smooth muscle was evaluated using a digital video camera system mounted on an inverted fluorescence microscope. The effects of wood creosote on spontaneous periodic increases in the free cytosolic calcium concentration ([Ca(2+)](i)), acetylcholine (ACh)-enhanced periodic increases in [Ca(2+)](i), and tetrodotoxin- or nifedipine-resistant spontaneous periodic increases in [Ca(2+)](i) were evaluated. Wood creosote decreased the amplitude of spontaneous (IC(50)=21 microg/ml) and ACh-enhanced (IC(50)=40 microg/ml) periodic increases in [Ca(2+)](i) in guinea pig colonic smooth muscle. Wood creosote also decreased the amplitude of both tetrodotoxin- and nifedipine-resistant spontaneous periodic increases in [Ca(2+)](i). These results suggest that antimotility activity through inhibition of Ca(2+) mobilization in the GI tract is at least partially responsible for the antidiarrheal activity of wood creosote. Wood creosote may exert its antimotility effect, at least in part, on network regions of interstitial cells of Cajal, which act as pacemaker cells and mediators of neurotransmission in the GI tract. (+info)
Cancer incidence among creosote-exposed workers. (7/33)Cancer incidence was studied among 922 creosote-exposed impregnators at 13 plants in Sweden and Norway. The subjects had been impregnating wood (eg, railroad cross-ties and telegraph poles), but no data on individual exposures were available. The study population was restricted to men employed during the period 1950-1975, and their cancer morbidity was checked through the cancer registries. The total cancer incidence was somewhat lower than expected, 129 cases versus 137 expected [standardized incidence ratio (SIR) 0.94]. Increased risks in both countries combined were observed for lip cancer (SIR 2.50, 95% confidence interval (95% CI) 0.81-5.83), skin cancer (SIR 2.37, 95% CI 1.08-4.50), and malignant lymphoma (SIR 1.9, 95% CI 0.83-3.78). Exposure to sunlight may have contributed to the risk of lip and skin cancer. The small number of cancer cases does not permit valid conclusions. The findings indicate that impregnating wood with creosote in earlier decades increased the risk of skin cancer. (+info)
Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin and coal tar creosote exposure in a railroad worker. (8/33)A 50-year-old male railroad worker presented to his primary care physician with an erythematous, tender skin lesion on the right knee; a biopsy of this lesion revealed squamous cell carcinoma in situ. The site of the lesion was sun-protected but had been associated with 30 years of creosote-soaked clothing. In this article, we review dermal and other malignancies associated with creosote, along with creosote occupational exposures and exposure limits. This is a unique case, given the lack of other, potentially confounding, polyaromatic hydrocarbons and the sun-protected location of the lesion. (+info)
Creosote Bush: An Unassuming But Ancient Form of Life All Around Us | CIRCLE RANCH
The creosote is a native of the Mojave, Sonoran and Chihuahuan deserts, meaning it is found across almost all of the U.S. Southwest and the adjacent desert regions of northern Mexico, from the Pacific Ocean to the Pecos River Valley. An evergreen, the creosote keeps itself alive in part by inhibiting the growth of some nearby plants. At the same time, it is also a nursery for small cacti and other types of plants, and cacti can often be found clustered around the base of a creosote bush.. The plant is a perennial and very drought-tolerant; it uses all available water to sustain its branches and puts on small, yellow flowers as well as gray, fuzzy fruits. Its name comes from the creosote odor put off by the plant. The odor is caused by rainfall that penetrates the waxy coating of the creosotes leaves, and Native Americans of the desert West, like more recent arrivals to the region, have always spoken of creosote as the smell of rain.. Though it is a native of the region, creosote is also ...
Mr Creosote is Full - Olduvai.ca
Maitre D: And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint.. Mr Creosote: No.. Maitre D: Oh, sir! Its only a tiny little thin one.. Mr Creosote: No. F**k off. Im full… [Belches]. Maitre D: Oh, sir… its only wafer thin.. Mr Creosote: Look - I couldnt eat another thing. Im absolutely stuffed. Bugger off.. Maitre D: Oh, sir, just… just one…. Mr Creosote: Oh, all right. Just one.. Maitre D: Just the one, sir… voila… bon appetit…. [Mr Creosote somehow manages to stuff the wafer-thin mint into his mouth and then swallows. The Maitre D takes a flying leap and cowers behind some potted plants. There is an ominous splitting sound. Mr Creosote looks rather helpless and then he explodes, covering waiters, diners, and technicians in a truly horrendous mix of half digested food, entrails, and parts of his body. People start vomiting.]. Maitre D: [returns to Mr Creosotes table] Thank you, sir, and now the check.. The Monty Python skit depicted has a lot of truth in ...
Light Creosote Oil in Vadodara,Light Creosote Oil Manufacturers and Suppliers from india
Business Directory for Light Creosote Oil Suppliers in Vadodara - Get contact details of Light Creosote Oil Manufacturers, Wholesale Light Creosote Oil Exporters, Best Light Creosote Oil Traders & Distributors Across the Vadodara.
Full text of Reilly transparent penetrating creosote.
2 FEB 271935 o 2 , , • i) REILLY TRANSPARENT PENETRATING CREOSOTE REILLY TAR & CHEMICAL CORPORATION 500 Fifth Avenue NEW YORK CITY 2513 So, Domen Avenue CHICAGO, ILLINOIS Box 310 MOBILE, ALABAMA Merchants Bank Bldg. INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA St. Louis Parle MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA Architects Bldg. LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA PLANTS NEWARK, N. J. NORFOLK, VA. FAIRMONT, W. VA. DOVER, OHIO MINNEAPOLIS, MINN. CHICAGO, ILL. GRANITE CITY, ILL INDIANAPOLIS, IND. CHATTANOOGA, TENN. MOBILE, ALA. PROVO, UTAH SEATTLE, WASH. Reilly Transparent Penetrating Creosote Reilly Transparent Penetrating Creosote is a new and dis- tinct product possessing maximum preservative properties. Se- t» vere scientific tests have shown it to be the greatest forward step made in the field of wood preservation. It provides positive pro- tection against the deterioration of lumber from insect attack and rot. Wood treated with Reilly Transparent Penetrating Creosote is dry, not oily, and can be painted. Preserve Against Deterioration ...
Evaluation of Mechanisms of Alteration and Humification of PAHs for Wa by Ronald C. Sims and Carolyn K. Abbott
Introduction: Creosote-pentachlorophenol (PCP) is a mixture commonly used as a wood preservative in the U.S. (1). A 1988 survey (2) indicated that 1,397 wood preserving waste contaminated sites exist in the United States consisting of 555 active wood treatment plants and 842 inactive plants. Stinson (3) indentifed 58 wood preserving sites on the National Priorities List, of which 51 have PCP and/or creosote or polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) contamination. Principal classes of organic constituents present in creosote waste are PAHs (~85% by weight) and phenolics. PAHs with less than three fused benzene rings comprise 69% (i.e., naphthalene, anthracene and phenanthrene); PAHs with more than three rings, such as pyrne, benzo(a)pyrene, and benz(a)anthracene, dibenz(a,h)anthracene, and indeno(1,2,3-c,d)pyrene comprise 16% by weight of creosote. Phenolics comprise 2% to 17% of creosote. Nitrogen- and sulfur- containing heterocyclic compounds may comprise up to 13% of creosote by weight. Creosote and
Creosote dictionary definition | creosote defined
creosote definition: 1. a transparent, oily liquid with a pungent odor, obtained by the distillation of wood tar and used as an antiseptic 2. a black, oily liquid with a pungent odor, obtained by the distillation of coal tar and used as a wood preserva...
Chimney creosote fire heavily damages SE Portland home | East PDX News
See why you should make sure your homes chimney is free of creosote build-up - even if you dont have a fireplace … This fire could have been prevented, officials say, by keeping the chimney and furnace flue free of creosote buildup. Fire smolders for hours Officials say that one of the homes occupants, Thomas Smith, told them he put about six gallons of #2 diesel fuel in the basement furnace tank about 10 oclock that morning. Smith turned up the thermostat upstairs, and left about 20 minutes later. When he returned home about eight hours later, he was confronted with a wall of thick, gray smoke when he opened the front door. Neighbors told us they smelled smoke, and noticed thick, gray smoke coming out of the chimney, but didnt investigate further. Then, Smith reported, he went around the house to a door leading to the homes basement, and said he noticed that the walls were scorched and smoke filled the basement. Minutes later, the fire flashed over, and fire erupted throughout the basement
Hogmanay Hero King Creosote to Perform with The Big Project in Broomhouse | Edinburgh Guide
Thats where the idea of the BIG Heroes project began - the choir have been incredibly lucky to travel and work with inspirational musicians over the last few years, and we wanted to share that excitement with their families and the local community here in Broomhouse. The kids are particularly excited about King Creosote coming as they met him during Dunfermline Folk Festival 2012, and they love the song Bubble, from his recent Mercury Nominated album with Jon Hopkins, Diamond Mine.. The forthcoming gig with King Creosote is part of a two year singing project at The BIG Project, Broomhouse, funded by Creative Scotlands Youth Music Initiative, which will feature four inspirational Scottish artists performing alongside, and with, The BIG Project Youth Choir. Leonie Bell, Director of Creative Development at Creative Scotland, said ...
Tortoise Trail: Creosote Bush
The Indians of the Southwest appreciated the creosote bush. The leaves were an important part of their pharmacopoeia. The Apaches prescribed chewing and swallowing a small piece of creosote branch to cure diarrhea. Other tribes made a strong tea from the dried leaves to treat the common cold. The resinous leaf nodes were used to soothe bruises and wounds. And a tea made from the leaves and sweetened with a little honey was said to greatly relieve kidney pain ...
Liveplasma lets you discover new artists if you like King Creosote. Explore the map with King Creosote and similar artists like James Yorkston and The Athletes, Withered Hand, Ed Harcourt, Conor Oberst, Admiral Fallow, Fionn Regan, Villagers, Gruff Rhys, John Grant, Slow Club
Acompanhantes Creosote - Escorts HotSexy
Acompanhantes Creosote, Garotas de Programa e Strippers. Se você está procurando por Acompanhantes Safadas em Creosote, então visite o HotSexy e aproveite nossos anúncios.
Railroad Ties For Raised Beds In Veggie Garden? - Knowledgebase Question - Garden.org
Some forms of creosote and/or components of creosote are known human carcinogens, so contact with the compound is not recommended. Aged ties are less likely to have volatile components that can irritate the lungs and mucous membranes, but you should wear gloves and long-sleeved shirts to prevent skin contact at any rate. Heres a link to a site that provides detailed health effects as well as a good overview of all the chemical compounds known as creosote. And according to this document, some of the components of coal tar creosote, which is used for railroad ties, can leach into soil and groundwater, where they take a long time to biodegrade. Nevertheless, its still a very commonly-used preservative. I hope this helps you make a decision ...
Creosote Oil [BS144 Type B]
BS144 Type B grade Creosote Oil from coal tar distillation, wood impregnating oil for wood preservation in railway lines, electric poles.
2nd Circuit Dismisses Creosote Injury Case Brought Against Chemical Company - Lexis Legal News
NEW YORK — A panel of the Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals on April 20 ruled that it lacked jurisdiction to decide a case in which a group of residents sued Tronox Inc. contending that they had been harmed as a result of exposure to wood treated with creosote at the company’s plant in Pennsylvania (Avoca Plaintiffs v. Kerr-McGee Corporation; In Re: Tronox Inc., No. 16-343, 2nd Cir.).
AMERICAN CREOSOTE WORKS, INC. (PENSACOLA PLANT) | Superfund Site Profile | Superfund Site Information | US EPA
The 18-acre American Creosote Works Inc. (Pensacola Plant) site is located in Pensacola, Florida. It includes the area where a wood-treating facility operated from 1902 to 1981. EPA placed the ...
Creosote Piling Removal Program | WA - DNR
Since 2007, the DNR Creosote Removal Program has been leading efforts throughout Puget Sound to reduce the sources of toxic chemicals and restore shorelines in Puget Sound by removing derelict creosote-treated pilings and overwater structures from our marine waters. The program focuses removal efforts on large collections of creosote-treated pilings and derelict over-water
HS Codes - Israel v 27.07.91 - --CREOSOTE OILS
Lookup HS Codes for Israel v 27.07.91 --CREOSOTE OILS. Avalara LandedCosts helps determine your duty rates and other import taxes for Israel.
Not One Bit Ashamed Lyrics - King Creosote
Lyrics to Not One Bit Ashamed by King Creosote: I invested it all, you threw in a dime / Its not good enough, its not good enough / I ran
King Creosote @ The Blue Lamp, Aberdeen
Archived information for King Creosote, Found at The Blue Lamp in Aberdeen on Tuesday 27th November 2012 from Ents24.com, the UKs biggest entertainment website.
Hard creosote in chimney
After burning wood in a multifuel stove for a number of years we have a layer of hard shiny creosote 5mm to 10mm thick in the unlined chimney. A camera shows it extending for 2m to 3m above the sweeping door which is above the mantelpiece, before becoming more patchy.
Coachwhip in the creosote
A red racer coachwhip (Masticophis flagellum piceus), also known as a Red Racer, amongst the branches of a creosote bush between our house and cabin... If youre having trouble spotting the animal...
GIG SUPPORTING KING CREOSOTE
BB: Enjoyed the gig very much. I think it went ok. We played more songy songs if you know what i mean Ice cream for crow. King Creosote was brilliant! He played an hour and a half! We all got ver drunk and fun was had by all ...
American Creosote Works, Incorporated | Asbestos Exposure & Mesothelioma Risks
Employees at American Creosote Works, Incorporated in New Orleans, may have been exposed to asbestos which can lead to mesothelioma and other asbestos related diseases.
King Creosote Interview | Contactmusic.com
King CreosoteInterview In 1995 Kenny Anderson, then lead singer/songwriter for the Scottish bands Skuobhie Dubh Orchestra and Khartoum Heroes, launched his own label Fence with his own solo project King Creosote. Demoralised and with a healthy cynicism of all things...
HS Codes - Guatemala v 27.07.91 - Creosote oils
Lookup HS Codes for Guatemala v 27.07.91 Creosote oils. Avalara LandedCosts helps determine your duty rates and other import taxes for Guatemala.
Trouble with creosote | Smoking Meat Forums
Hello everyone, My husband has been having a problem with creosote ending up on the Boston butt when he smokes it. The smoker is clean before he...
Traditional Dark Brown Creosote 25 Litres
Creosote Fence Treatment Dark Brown 25 Litres container by Bird Brand, suppliers of creosoted traditional timber treatment delivery to Trade Professionals only in Norfolk,Suffolk and Essex.
Creosote! - Unexpected Image
Creosote soaked tie along the Vasona industrial lead near Arroyo de Arguella, Saratoga, California.. Shot with the Nikon D70s and the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom at 70mm, ISO 400, f/8, shutter 1/640 sec. Exposure, contrast, saturation, levels, and highlights adjustments in Aperture.. ...
DNA-methylation of the cancer-related genes F2RL3 and AHRR is associated with occupational exposure to polycyclic aromatic...
Some polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) are known carcinogens and workplace PAH exposure may increase the risk of cancer. Monitoring early cancer-related changes can indicate whether the exposure is carcinogenic. Here, we enrolled 151 chimney sweeps, 152 controls, and 19 creosote-exposed male workers from Sweden. We measured urinary PAH metabolites using LC/MS/MS, the cancer-related markers telomere length (TL) and mitochondrial DNA copy number (mtDNAcn) using qPCR, and DNA methylation of lung cancer-related genes F2RL3 and AHRR using pyrosequencing. The median 1-hydroxypyrene (PAH metabolite) concentrations were highest in creosote-exposed workers (8.0 μg/g creatinine) followed by chimney sweeps (0.34 μg/g creatinine) and controls (0.05 μg/g creatinine). TL and mtDNAcn did not differ between study groups. Chimney sweeps and creosote-exposed workers had significantly lower methylation of AHRR CpG site cg05575921 (88.1% and 84.9%, respectively) than controls (90%). Creosote-exposed workers ...
Creekside: It was Mr. Creosote on the Front Porch with a chequebook
That still leaves a loophole big enough to drive the Conservative Bus through with enough room left over to throw a staffer under it. Does Giorno have knowledge of dirty tricks that were unauthorized but happened anyways? That someone other than him authorized? Did dirty tricks take place entirely above his level or in an entirely separate partition he wasnt in charge of ...
treated railway sleepers - 28 images - new oak creosote treated railway sleepers, new softwood treated railway sleepers new...
treated railway sleepers - 28 images - new pressure treated railway sleepers 2 4m x 200mm x 100mm, perthshire timber company polney sawmill dunkeld, new softwood treated railway sleepers new railway, untreated oak railway sleepers 8 quot ft x 8 quot x 4 quot, untreated oak railway sleepers 8 quot ft x 8 quot x 4 quot
How Accumulation of Creosote in Your Chimney Can Cause a House Fire?
Over 24,000 house fires starting from the chimney occur every year in the United States alone. In some cases, only the chimney is affected, but in others the
Lawsuit: Powell to receive $200 million from Avoca creosote plant settlement - News - Citizens Voice
Powell served 18 months in prison after he pleaded guilty to failing to report a felony and being an accessory to tax conspiracy. As part of the plea, he agreed to forfeit his law license, his $2.6 million private jet and his $1.3 million yacht, named Reel Justice. Powell and his wife now live in Palm Beach Gardens in Florida, according to court documents ...
creosote | Arpis
Damien McCusker, Manager of Arpis residential service division, has been working in the HVAC industry for 16 years and has hands-on experience in new home installations, furnace and air conditioner replacements, sales and residential service. He spends most of his spare time being an UBER driver, driving his kids to soccer practice and games.. ...
King Creosote - Why I love Halloween | The List
In order to become a proper record label, the three of us working out of Fence HQ in the early days of the new millennium - Gummi Al, Johnny Pictish and myself, KC - decided we ought to adopt a few standard office practices. The first was to rent a PO…
Olympic Flash [American Impressions, Chapter 43: Utah/Pierre Tristam]
The flies are big, brazen. Grasshoppers rev around here and there. Otherwise: nothing. A deceptive emptiness, the desert museum having taught me that the desert floor is a giant chameleon of life dissimulated in its surroundings. It makes itself visible-venom primed, pincers cocked-only when upset. I walk tentatively between the bushes toward a low mountain, the van looking more and more distant. Its amazing how quickly isolation breeds weariness, or prejudice. Weve been conditioned to think of these places as desolate, but I wonder how a creosote bush would feel in a flower pot on Fifth Avenue. Cold, most likely, and lonely for its thornier buddies. I cant put myself in a creosotes brain, but I crouch next to one and look at what it would see if it had eyes: a million other bushes (blackbrush, saltbush, sagebrush) packed stadium-like on the basin floor from one mountain to another, with plenty of room to spare (its first-class root room). I see a lizard. A scampering black-tailed jack ...
JAMES YORKSTON & THE ATHLETES & KING CREOSOTE & LONE PIGEON - St. Patrick [Domino] - The Hidden Crate
It is an admitted stretch to file such retiring, tender Scottish folk under lost soul, but as discussed and demonstrated over this last year of weekly posts, intermittent podcasts and a shamefully singular archive piece, the Hidden Crate is nothing if not a broad church. James Yorkston has long been my go to man for…
Chimney care: Call a sweep annually for inspection - *GJ LIFESTYLES - fosters.com - Dover, NH
People are drawn to a fire, whether theyre roasting marshmallows around a campfire during the summer or cuddling up near the fireplace in the dead of winter.And just as you take precautions outdoors, there are things you should do to make sure your fireplaces and chimneys are safe.Fires built in fireplaces or wood stoves leave a gummy residue, called creosote, that can stick to the lining of your chimney. Creosote - created by soot, smoke, gases and other particles - is flammable,
King Creosote Articles - Audiolicious.tv
Audiolicious.tv is your source for music marketing. Sometimes its all about the music, sometimes its all about the marketing but most times its plenty of both ...
Cuprinol Less Mess Shed & Fence Care, Woodland Green, 5L £5 @ Tesco Direct Free CnC - HotUKDeals
Earthflash. Most of this stuff is rubbish these days - good ol creosote was the Dogs … Most of this stuff is rubbish these days - good ol creosote was the Dogs Doodas (coal-tar, now banned). Just give it a good dose of diesel sept/oct to kill off the fungi and boring critters, soaks in nicely - much better than lining the pockets of these modern day charlatens. ...
King Creosote, Meursault & Animal Magic Tricks - Cold Seeds | The List
(Song, by Toad) Eerie and sumptuous as the participants list might suggest, this corkers only let-down is its sporadic tendency to meander without direction.
KING CREOSOTE - Youve No Clue Do You (Atlantic Conveyor Remix) [Names/679] - The Hidden Crate
Neither flimsy cocktails-on-the-terrace house nor your four-four to the face, London duo Atlantic Conveyor have been turning out spacially aware house music without significant fanfare since the early noughties. Stunted after a swift settling on label management as their primary focus, Steve Harris and Christopher Tubbs productions still stand as works of wonder, a singular…
Creosote Oil Standard on Rxi-1HT (15 m x 0.25 mm x 0.10 µm) / Restek Searchable Chromatogram Library / Restek.com
Printing tips! To print chromatograms full page, change the print settings in the print dialogue window of your PDF reader software: 1) fit or fit to page, 2) landscape for wide chromatograms or portrait for tall chromatograms.. ...
gastropoda » Blog Archive » Was it a Thin Mint, Mr. Creosote?
And I guess theres even going to be a war on Little Women. I always thought the Girl Scouts ranked right up there with apple pie as sacred American exceptionalism, but no more. Samoas, show us the birth certificate!. This entry was posted n February 2012 and is filed under cretinism, kkkraziness, wingnuttery. You can trackback from your own site. ...
Chimney is considered to be one of those unseen areas in pour home which is very easy to forget about and also ignore. You might consider every other part of the home in cleaning, but you never even realize that chimney is also a part of your chimney which needs to be cleaned frequently. Cleaning your chimney is very much important for your own safety that too when you are using it on regular basis. Cleaning your chimney and maintaining it is very much vital. With use of chimney over a period of time, soot and creosote can easily build up in your chimney. This build up is very much risky and dangerous as it is a flammable substance and there are chances of inviting a fire hazard in your home. Cleaning your chimney and regularly maintaining it is extremely essential. Cleaning your chimney includes removing any of the debris, birds nest, dust, animals or insects left overs and other thing found there. Whether it is creosote or it is soot or it is any other type of debris, it can cause a problem as ...
May 27 street date. Mercury-Prize Nominee King Creosote and Skydiggers Michael Johnston have forged a unique musical partnership. The Bound Of The Red Deer, their ten-song collaborative debut, is informed by ten years of change, friendship, travel and long-distance correspondence. Recorded in Toronto by Chris Stringer (Timber Timbre), The Bound Of The Red Deer is a collection of heartfelt songs anchored by acoustic guitar, piano, ambient textures and an endearing vocal blend of Scots/Canadian accents. King Creosote (Kenny Anderson) and Michael met in 2006 at a songwriters retreat in Scotland. They hit it off quickly, and wrote two songs in as many hours. Along with six of the other musicians at the retreat, they formed a band called The Burns Unit. The Burns Unit released one album, named #2 folk album of the year by MOJO magazine, and performed on the Jools Holland show. After the band amicably split in 2012, Kenny and Michael set to completing songs that would become The Bound Of The ...
hotelmaidssmileinunison....: King Creosote -Presents from Scotland with Love - London 27.09.14
This is going to be the last post on this blog -its been going since 2009 and now feels like the time to move on. Thank you to all th ...
Mr Creosote - The Good Old Days
Jabber: [email protected] I stopped using ICQ due to the obvious privacy issues attached to using this AOL service, so if you still have my contact, dont expect me to read anything your send me there. If youre using any Google service (for e-mail or Jabber), I will not reply due to the privacy issues related to this company. If you really have no alternative to Big Brother, I might talk to you (but I still wont be too thrilled once I notice the Google name) if you at least use some sort of decent encryption (GPG for e-mail, OTR or even GPG for IM).. Bio:. The first few years of my life, I involuntarily spent without any computers. That makes them pretty uninteresting and irrelevant (at least for this article...). In the mid-80s, my computer career started with a Commodore Plus/4. With only had six or seven games for it, there wasnt much to choose from, but those few were played extensively - and it was fun! The computer belonged to our grandparents, though, and so it wasnt always ...
Composite Bonding | St. Louis Park, Minnesota | Michael J. Krumholz DDS
Welcome to our Composite Bonding page. Contact Michael J. Krumholz DDS today at (952) 999-4999 or visit our office servicing St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Walking St. Louis Park, block by block - StarTribune.com
Three St. Louis Park residents walked all 200 miles of the city streets, taking time to appreciate the architecture and history along the way.
The Burns Unit
In 2012, King Creosote noted that he is working on a collaborative album with bandmate Michael Johnston, stating: "I have a ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Jake Newby (2012-10-01). "Interview: King Creosote - Web extra Q&A with the Scottish ... "The Burns Unit , Emma Pollock , Future Pilot AKA , Karine Polwart , King Creosote , Kim Edgar , Mattie Foulds , Michael ... just a few months before King Creosote also released a new solo album. The duo's album features contributions from former ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) King, Aurora (4 July 2014). "Last Days of Berlin's Abandoned Spreepark". Creosote ...
... is thought to be the oldest creosote bush ring in the Mojave Desert. The ring is estimated to be 11,700 years old, ... It is in the Creosote Rings Preserve of the Lucerne Valley and Johnson Valley. King Clone was identified and the age estimated ... After Vasek hypothesized that the creosote ring was, in fact, one organism, Leonel da Silveira Lobo O'Reilly Sternberg (then a ... "Creosote Rings Preserve". Lucerne Valley. Retrieved March 12, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) National Park ...
My Nth Bit of Strange in Umpteen Years
Before its debut, Creosote stated, "Since 2005, I've watched my profile go up, my record sales go down, and my live audiences ... I nearly had a greet myself." Regarding its live nature, Creosote noted, "It's teasing people along to my live shows because if ... My Nth Bit of Strange in Umpteen Years is a performance-only album by Scottish singer-songwriter King Creosote, debuted in ... Plus it'll test whether copying music for free really does make for larger audiences." Creosote elaborated further, "Since the ...
Tonto National Monument
... creosote bush and ocotillo; palo verde and mesquite trees; an amazing variety of colorful wild flowers in good years (February ...
Native American ethnobotany
ex DC.) Coville - Creosote Bush" (PDF). US Forest Service. Arteaga, S.; Andrade-Cetto, A.; Cardenas, R. (2005). "Larrea ... tridentata (Creosote Bush), an abundant plant of Mexican and US-American deserts and its metabolite nordihydroguaiaretic acid ...
Creosote Berlin, Staatliche Museen zu. "Rathgen-Forschungslabor: DBU Carbolineum". www.smb.museum. Retrieved 2016-12-27.. ...
List of Superfund sites in Tennessee
"American Creosote Works, (Jackson Plant)". Retrieved 2009-12-04. "NPL Site Narrative for American Creosote Works, (Jackson ...
Dr. Mukti and Other Tales of Woe
Harrison, John (3 January 2004). "Rocky the Rasta versus Creosote Man". Guardian Newspaper. Retrieved 23 September 2008. "More ...
From Scotland with Love
On choosing to work with King Creosote, Heath said: "We came to Kenny because we felt he had a great storytelling ability in ... "King Creosote - From Scotland with Love". diymag.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Peyton, ... "No tartan, no shortbread - King Creosote portrays a different Scotland". theguardian.co.uk. Retrieved 24 July 2014. CS1 maint: ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) James, Gareth (24 July 2014). "King Creosote - From Scotland with Love". clashmusic.com ...
Matthew J. Saunders
"King Creosote speaks to Green Man". "Interview with Sonic Boom (Spacemen 3, Spectrum, EAR, Panda Bear) - Keith McMillen ... Scottish folk legend and Mercury Music Prize nominee King Creosote, infamous drone rock band Spacemen 3's Peter Kember (who ...
1999: An Endless Round of Balls (Parties and Social Events)
... is the sixth studio album by King Creosote, released in 1999. ... "King Creosote - I'm Not Dead Yet". Thumped. Archived from the original on 2013-08-30. Retrieved 15 June 2014. CS1 maint: ...
Between 1924 and 1987, Domtar used this area to treat wood with creosote and other chemicals. Until 1972, the company simply ... The company used substances, such as creosote derived from coal tar, to prolong lumber's useful life, supplying railway ties ... Other Domtar sites contaminated by creosote and coal tar by products include; "Sunalta" in Calgary, Alberta; Truro, Nova Scotia ... Canada, Health (Jul 26, 2004). "ARCHIVED - Creosote-impregnated Waste Materials - PSL1". aem. Retrieved Sep 18, 2020. "Don ...
Creosote gall midge "Asphondylia auripila Report". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 2018-04-23. CS1 maint: ...
His collaborations on Small Craft on a Milk Sea with Brian Eno and Leo Abrahams and Diamond Mine with King Creosote both ... "King Creosote and Jon Hopkins: Bubble". SoundCloud. March 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2011. Boilen, Bob (15 May 2011). "First Listen ... Also in 2011, the EP Honest Words, a Hopkins collaboration with King Creosote, was released on Domino Records. In April 2012, ... Among the artists that contributed vocals were long-time collaborator King Creosote, and Corin Roddick and Megan James of the ...
Flick the Vs
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "King Creosote News: King Creosote Flick The Vs". Idiomag.com. Retrieved 16 February ... Flick the Vs is a studio album by Scottish singer-songwriter King Creosote, released on 20 April 2009 on Domino Records and ... 3 April 2009). "King Creosote - Flick The Vs". The Skinny. Retrieved 16 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) ... it's got everything that you could possibly want from a King Creosote record but were afraid to dream of. All songs by Kenny ...
The tall creosote timber structure burned readily. As a result of all the vandalism as well as pollution, it is now difficult ...
Horace Chapin Henry
Eagle Harbor was designated a superfund site in 1987 due to pollution from the creosote plant. See Pacific Creosoting Company. ... A tanker which supplied creosote from Europe to this plant was named the H.C. Henry and was sunk by a German submarine in World ... He was president of the Metropolitan Bank and National Bank of Commerce in Seattle, and formed Pacific Creosoting Company on ...
Onions in the Stew
"Creosote logs" on the beach are highly prized. Stormy weather brings a "bark tide" of firewood which must be quickly gathered. ...
Tar, creosote, and disinfectant kept the smell down. Academic George Seddon claimed that "the typical Australian back yard in ...
Creosote accumulation can be dangerous, as it is flammable and burns hot. If a flue is coated with creosote and ignited, ... Very little, if any, creosote will escape a properly operating modern stove's secondary combustion. Creosote that does escape ... Creosote and soot gradually build up in stovepipes and chimneys. This could damage the chimney and spread fire to the ... Softwood is often said to be dangerous to burn because it generates more dangerous creosote than hardwood. This myth is ...
Sources of creosol include: Coal tar creosote Wood creosote Reduction product of vanillin using zinc powder in strong ... It is one of the components of creosote. Compared with phenol, creosol is a less toxic disinfectant. ...
The region's terrestrial habitats include creosote bush scrub; mixed scrub, including yucca and cholla cactus; desert saltbush ...
Preserved with creosote it can be used outdoors. In some places it is widely used as coal, since it does not produce sparks or ...
T. V. Padma
Venkatraman, Padma T. (1994). Comparative Toxicity of Creosote and Creosote Contaminated Sediments. College of William and Mary ...
That Might Be It, Darling
Following Creosote's performance-only album, My Nth Bit of Strange in Umpteen Years, Anderson stated that Fence Records would ... That Might Be It, Darling is a limited edition studio album by Scottish singer-songwriter King Creosote, released in the winter ... The album was only available to purchase at Creosote's live shows, and is a vinyl-only release. Frequent collaborator, The ... All songs written by King Creosote, except where noted. Side A "Single Cheep" "Doubles Underneath" "Near Star, Pole Star" "On ...
Saddle Peak Hills Wilderness
Vegetation consists mostly of creosote bush and allscale scrubs. No sensitive or significant plant species are known to occur ...
Ord's kangaroo rat
Creosote bush: Biology and chemistry of Larrea in New World deserts. U.S./IBP Synthesis Series 6. Stroudsburg, PA: Dowden, ... Patterns of some vertebrate communities in creosote bush deserts. In: Mabry, T. J.; Hunziker, J. H.; DiFeo, D. R., Jr., eds. ...
San Tan Mountains Regional Park
The vegetation varies from creosote flats to saguaro forest. Fauna include reptiles, birds, and mammals. The vegetation falls ...
Vasek, Frank C. (Feb 1980). "Creosote Bush: Long-Lived Clones in the Mojave Desert". American Journal of Botany. 67 (2): 246- ... old creosote bush (Larrea tridentata) colony, named "King Clone", in the Mojave Desert near the Lucerne Valley in California; ...
Creosote | ToxFAQs™ | ATSDR
... contaminated creosote, creosote affect, creosote cause, creosote children, creosote coal, creosote dissolve, creosote enters, ... exposed creosote, wood creosote, creosote bush, levels creosote, remedies containing, contact creosote, creosote treated, ... creosote enters environment, creosote treated wood, drinking water contaminated, high levels creosote, leaves creosote bush, ... creosote mixtures, creosote probably, determined coal, leaves creosote, mouth throat, pitch coal, railroad tracks, skin cancer ...
Creosote | Toxicological Profile | ATSDR
Creosote - Wikipedia
... "creosote type" materials-such as lignite-tar creosote, oil-tar creosote, peat-tar creosote, water-gas-tar creosote, or wood-tar ... yielding lignite-tar creosote, and peat, yielding peat-tar creosote. The term creosote has a broad range of ... "creosote" or "creosote oil" referring to either product. Wood-tar creosote is a colourless to yellowish greasy liquid with a ... phosphate and tannophospate of creosote; and creosotal and tanosal, tannates of creosote. Creosote and eucalyptus oil were also ...
Creosote Bushes Photos | Desert Plants & Flora
King Creosote | Musik | DR
Mr Creosote - Wikipedia
Creosote: "Better." Maître d: "Better?" Mr. Creosote: "Better get a bucket, Im gonna throw up." Creosote is then led to his ... Creosote!" as he passes, causing all the fish to swim for cover. The scene opens with a short dialogue between Mr. Creosote ( ... Creosote as having "an unforgettable scene, like it or not". British extreme metal band Anaal Nathrakh reference Mr. Creosote ... Creosote listens patiently while the menus highlights are read out to him by the maître d, and after vomiting on the menu ...
USGS 09429150 CREOSOTE WASH NEAR EHRENBERG, ARIZ.
King Creosote Interview | Contactmusic.com
... launched his own label Fence with his own solo project King Creosote. Demoralised and with a healthy cynicism of all things... ... Contactmusic.com: King Creosote, thanks for coming along and having a chat.. King Creosote: No Problem its my pleasure. CM: ... King Creosote. Interview In 1995 Kenny Anderson, then lead singer/songwriter for the Scottish bands Skuobhie Dubh Orchestra and ... KC: Yea, Domino helped us put out a King Creosote record so it was Fence in the UK and Domino licensing outside the UK, so yea ...
Lobbying Spending Database-Creosote Council II, 2010 | OpenSecrets
Creosote - definition of creosote by The Free Dictionary
creosote synonyms, creosote pronunciation, creosote translation, English dictionary definition of creosote. ) n. 1. A colorless ... creosote - treat with creosote; "creosoted wood". process, treat - subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying ... creosote. Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.. Related to creosote: creosote bush ... creosote - a dark oily liquid obtained by distillation of coal tar; used as a preservative for wood. coal-tar creosote ...
Not One Bit Ashamed Lyrics - King Creosote
Creosote dictionary definition | creosote defined
creosote definition: 1. a transparent, oily liquid with a pungent odor, obtained by the distillation of wood tar and used as an ... third-person singular simple present creosotes, present participle creosoting, simple past and past participle creosoted) ... To apply creosote.. As the fence is exposed he will creosote it for protection.. ... creosote. cre·o·sote. * a transparent, oily liquid with a pungent odor, obtained by the distillation of wood tar and used as an ...
The King Clone Creosote | KCET
... the King Clone Creosote may hold the key to understanding the desert and its secrets. ... the creosote can be seen as a testament to desert survival. Of the 21 original creosotes present before the test, 20 of them ... Large creosote clones are known in other areas of the Mojave. These include a colony in the Kramer Hills, a robust group ... The original creosotes believed to have colonized this part of the Mojave originated from the Lower Colorado region when the ...
Breathing in fumes of creosote
Coal tar, coal tar creosote and beechwood creosote all contain chemicals that are hazardous to the human body when inhaled, ... Creosote refers to three different products used in construction and manufacturing. ... Creosote enters a persons body when he breathes the fumes.. Effects. Breathing creosote fumes or smoke can cause asthma and ... Creosote enters the environment when wood that has been chemically treated with creosote is burnt. The chemicals evaporate and ...
Creosote Piling Removal Program | WA - DNR
The program focuses removal efforts on large collections of creosote-treated pilings and derelict over-water ... the DNR Creosote Removal Program has been leading efforts throughout Puget Sound to reduce the sources of toxic chemicals and ... restore shorelines in Puget Sound by removing derelict creosote-treated pilings and overwater structures from our marine waters ... What is creosote?. Creosote has been used as a wood preservative for more than a century to help prevent the decay of pilings ...
King Creosote @ The Blue Lamp, Aberdeen
Archived information for King Creosote, Found at The Blue Lamp in Aberdeen on Tuesday 27th November 2012 from Ents24.com, the ... King Creosote. Otherwise known as Kenny Anderson, Fife based electronic/acoustic folk demon King Creosote started his career as ... Track King Creosote *Receive an email whenever King Creosote announces a new show ... My 15th Bit of Strange in 17 Years: King Creosote + Found. Tickets are priced at £25 each and for that buyers will receive all ...
Creosote oil - Substance Information - ECHA
Creosote, wood - Substance Information - ECHA
King Creosote - Why I love Halloween | The List
King Creosote. Bat Out Of Hell. The hit musical, featuring music by Meat Loaf, returns to Londons Dominion Theatre in 2018, ... King Creosote and Jon Hopkins - Grand Ole Opry, Glasgow, Wed 7 Sep. (19 Sep 2011). The recent Mercury award nominees hit all ... Interview: King Creosote at Letham Nights - They are talked about with the same reverence as a gathering of druids(25 Jan ... King Creosote, James Yorkston are all likely suspects). The schedule involves live music and DJs all afternoon, a torch ...
Creosote Bush Soap - Native-Seeds-Search
Phylogeny and Cytogeography of the North American Creosote Bush (...: Ingenta Connect
The North American creosote bush (Larrea tridentata, Zygophyllaceae) is a widespread and ecologically dominant taxon of North ... These findings suggest a recent origin of the North American creosote bush via long distance dispersal, with establishment of ... Phylogeny and Cytogeography of the North American Creosote Bush (Larrea tridentata, Zygophyllaceae) ...
Mr. Creosote Lives! - Restaurants - Pacific Northwest - Chowhound
Creosote Lives! discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Pacific Northwest food community. Join the discussion today. ... Creosote Lives!. l. Leper , Sep 17, 2002 04:12 PM Recently while waiting for our dinner table at Mortons steakhouse we ... Creosote in Monty Pythons The Meaning of Life. Have any of you Chowhounds observed--or dined with--people who order their ...
Creosote-treated logs targeted at park beach clean up | The Spokesman-Review
Washington officials will begin removing creosote-treated logs from the beach at Seahurst Park in Burien as part of a statewide ... Washington officials will begin removing creosote-treated logs from the beach at Seahurst Park in Burien as part of a statewide ... Creosote is used to treat logs and protect them from rotting in water and is often used on wood structures and pilings in ... The states creosote removal program began in 2004, and officials say workers have pulled nearly 15,000 unused pilings and ...
King Creosote, Meursault & Animal Magic Tricks - Cold Seeds | The List
Nondestructive evaluation of potential quality of creosote-treated piles removed from service | Treesearch
Piles, Pseudotsuga menziesii, Pinus., Wood preservatives, Creosote, Recycling, Nondestructive testing, Modulus of elasticity, ... The results show that wood from creosote-treated piles removed from service has the potential for use in exterior structural ... Nondestructive evaluation of potential quality of creosote-treated piles removed from service. Forest products journal. Vol. 51 ... Nondestructive evaluation of potential quality of creosote-treated piles removed from service ...
Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch
Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch in 2018, from a year earlier. ... Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch. This key economic indicator for the Wood ... New Zealand grew 2.4% of Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch in 2018, from a ... In 2018 Hong Kong was ranked number 1 in Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch. ...
Creosote bush - Bajada Nature Trail
Creosote -- Joshua Tree National Park, Colorado Desert Plants ... Creosote bush. The creosote (Larrea tridentada) is the most ... More information about the Creosote bush. ecology: wildlife - plants - geography: places - MAPS - roads & trails: route 66 - ... Many animals live in and around the creosote, despite repllent oils and resins that discourage browsing. Look for insects, ...
Creosote, With Reference to Beekeeping
Creosote is a traditional wood preservative that is used in beekeeping in UK, but is banned in USA and has been diluted in ... FAQ) about creosote.. What is creosote? Creosote is the name used for a variety of products: wood creosote, coal tar creosote, ... Creosote, With Reference to Beekeeping Creosote had been used for many years for beehives and stands, especially by commercial ... What happens to creosote when it enters the environment?. Coal tar creosote is released to water and soil mainly as a result of ...
LarreaRemoving creosote-treatedOily liquidGlobal Coal Tar Creosote marketKenny AndersonBeechwoodChemicals2017Remove creosote-treatedPilings2018ExposureForm of creosoteBuildup of creosoteContact with creosoteChimneyPreservativeGall midgeCommercial creosoteSoilGuaiacolPitchPAHsPolycyclic aromatic hyPhenolsEnters the environmentCompoundsMojave Desert2016HopkinsYellowishAntisepticLeachWood preservativesEnvironmental ProtecVaporsContactmusicFenceOilsHigh-temperatureDisinfectantRisksResinRailway tiesCrosstiesCarcinogenAsphondyliaPreserveStemsRailroad tiesTimbersTiesBushesSkin irritationNeed to be replacedRailroadsFumesDesertsHerbal remedies
- This group consists of 15 closely related species of flies which inhabit creosote bush (Zygophyllaceae: Larrea tridentata) sensu lato. (wikipedia.org)
- The Asphondylia (Cecidomyiidae: Diptera) of creosote bush (Larrea tridentata) in North America. (wikipedia.org)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) creosotes are derived from the resin from leaves of identifies the most serious hazardous waste sites in the creosote bush (Larrea, referred to herein as the nation. (cdc.gov)
- The North American creosote bush ( Larrea tridentata , Zygophyllaceae) is a widespread and ecologically dominant taxon of North American warm deserts. (ingentaconnect.com)
- The creosote ( Larrea tridentada ) is the most common plant of the hot, dry deserts. (digital-desert.com)
- The vegetation is dominated mainly by creosote bush scrub (Larrea tridentate) along with other plant species such as: anacahuite (Cordia boisieri), black brush (Acacia rigidula), ocotillo (Fouqueria splendens), coyotillo (Karwinskia humoldtiana), bear-rass (Yucca sp. (thefreedictionary.com)
- This unusual stand of cacti is located in the Pinto Basin, a large expanse of alluvial fans covered with creosote bush ( Larrea tridentata ) and burrobush ( Ambrosia dumosa ) for as far as the eye can see. (nps.gov)
- The creosote bush (Larrea tridentate) earned its name because it smells similar to commercial creosote tar. (gardenguides.com)
- SEATTLE - Washington officials will begin removing creosote-treated logs from the beach at Seahurst Park in Burien as part of a statewide effort to clean up the state's shorelines. (spokesman.com)
- Coal tar creosote is a thick, oily liquid that is typically amber to black in color. (cdc.gov)
- Coal tar paving, roofing, aluminum smelting, rubber creosote is a thick, oily liquid that is typically amber producing, and coking. (cdc.gov)
- Wood creosote is a refractive to yellowish, oily liquid. (chemicalland21.com)
- Homeowners are cautioned to make sure that creosote - a thick, oily liquid that gradually coats the interior lining of flue pipes and chimneys - doesn't build up in their fireplaces. (eastpdxnews.com)
Global Coal Tar Creosote market8
- "Global Coal Tar Creosote Market Professional Survey Report 2018" provides a unique tool for evaluating the market, highlighting opportunities, and supporting strategic and tactical decision-making. (marketnewsaccess.com)
- The Global Coal Tar Creosote market consists of different international, regional, and local vendors. (marketnewsaccess.com)
- The Industry Study on Global Coal Tar Creosote Market 2017 incorporates the entire aspects of the Coal Tar Creosote market. (ereports.asia)
- So that overall report helps the new aspirants to inspect the forthcoming opportunities in the Global Coal Tar Creosote market. (ereports.asia)
- 1. Global Coal Tar Creosote Market Overview 2. (ereports.asia)
- Global Coal Tar Creosote Market Competition by Manufacturers 4. (ereports.asia)
- Global Coal Tar Creosote Market Analysis by Application 8. (ereports.asia)
- Global Coal Tar Creosote Market Forecast (2017-2022) 14. (ereports.asia)
- In 1995 Kenny Anderson, then lead singer/songwriter for the Scottish bands Skuobhie Dubh Orchestra and Khartoum Heroes, launched his own label Fence with his own solo project King Creosote. (contactmusic.com)
- Otherwise known as Kenny Anderson, Fife based electronic/acoustic folk demon King Creosote started his career as a musician as the singer/songwriter with Skuobhie Dubh Orchestra and Khartoum Heroes. (ents24.com)
- These sites make up the National creosote bush resin) and beechwood (Fagus, Priorities List (NPL) and are the sites targeted for referred to herein as beechwood creosote). (cdc.gov)
- Creosotes are created by high-temperature such as an industrial plant, or from a container, such treatment of beech and other woods (beechwood as a drum or bottle, it enters the environment. (cdc.gov)
- Coal tar, coal tar creosote and beechwood creosote all contain chemicals that are hazardous to the human body when inhaled, touched or ingested. (ehow.co.uk)
- Creosote derived from beechwood tar has been used medicinally as an antiseptic and in the treatment of chronic bronchitis. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Creosote is a mixture of many chemicals. (cdc.gov)
- These products are mixtures of many chemicals created by high-temperature treatment of beech and other woods, coal, or from the resin of the creosote bush. (cdc.gov)
- Creosote is the name used for a variety of products that are mixtures of many chemicals. (cdc.gov)
- Since 2007, the DNR Creosote Removal Program has been leading efforts throughout Puget Sound to reduce the sources of toxic chemicals and restore shorelines in Puget Sound by removing derelict creosote-treated pilings and overwater structures from our marine waters. (wa.gov)
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are one of the highest chemicals of concern in creosote. (wa.gov)
- Creosote-treated pilings may leach chemicals into the sediments and water column throughout their lifetime. (wa.gov)
- Creosote is actually a mixture of numerous chemicals and comes in three different forms, depending on its application. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- While researchers suspect that creosote is a compound that comprises over 10,000 different chemicals, only 300 of them have been identified to date. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- The three chemicals tested were: creosote, 10% aqueous solution of sodium nitrite and 20% aqueous solution of urea. (conservationevidence.com)
- Creosote is a toxic compound that includes many chemicals, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) which are harmful to marine life. (blogspot.com)
- However, regulatory standards and guidelines in air and water exist for the key individual polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and phenols --the major chemicals that cause harmful health effects--contained in creosote. (pixipla.net)
- Creosotes are a variety of products that are mixtures of many organic chemicals , such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, phenol, cresols, etc. (desotec.be)
- In 2018 Hong Kong was number 1 in Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch totalising $90,510.69, compared to 1 in 2017. (nationmaster.com)
- Research Corridor has published a new research study titled "Wood Creosote Oil Market - Growth, Share, Opportunities, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017 - 2025" . (prismcoalition.org)
- Wood Creosote Oil Market estimates have also been provided for the historical years 2015 & 2016 along with forecast for the period from 2017 - 2025. (prismcoalition.org)
- Global Coal Tar Creosote Production, Revenue (Value) by Region (2012-2017) 5. (ereports.asia)
- Global Coal Tar Creosote Supply (Production), Consumption, Export, Import by Regions (2012-2017) 6. (ereports.asia)
- The program focuses removal efforts on large collections of creosote-treated pilings and derelict over-water structures such as piers and docks. (wa.gov)
- Creosote has been used as a wood preservative for more than a century to help prevent the decay of pilings that support docks and piers in Puget Sound. (wa.gov)
- Our program has pulled 14,461 pilings , removing over 21,300 tons of creosote from Puget Sound. (wa.gov)
- Creosote is used to treat logs and protect them from rotting in water and is often used on wood structures and pilings in estuaries. (spokesman.com)
- The state's creosote removal program began in 2004, and officials say workers have pulled nearly 15,000 unused pilings and removed 21,300 tons of creosote from Puget Sound. (spokesman.com)
- The U.S. Navy obtains typical service lives for creosote-treated pilings of at least 20 years and probably approximately 40 years. (creosotecouncil.org)
- New Zealand grew 2.4% of Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch in 2018, from a year earlier. (nationmaster.com)
- In 2018 Hong Kong was ranked number 1 in Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch. (nationmaster.com)
- In this report, the global Wood Creosote Oil (CAS 8021-39-4) market is valued at USD XX million in 2018 and is projected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the period 2018 to 2022. (gosreports.com)
- Long-term (365 days or longer) exposure to lower levels of coal tar creosote, coal tar, coal tar pitch, or coal tar pitch volatiles by skin or air contact can cause skin damage such as blistering or peeling. (cdc.gov)
- Long-term exposure, especially direct contact with skin during wood treatment or manufacture of coal tar creosote-treated products, to low levels of creosote has resulted in skin cancer and cancer of the scrotum. (cdc.gov)
- Cancer of the scrotum in chimney sweeps has been associated with long-term skin exposure to soot and coal tar creosotes. (cdc.gov)
- This public health statement tells you about creosote and the effects of exposure. (cdc.gov)
- Coal tar exposure to coal tar creosote, coal tar, coal tar pitch, creosote, coal tar, and coal tar pitch are mixtures of or coal tar pitch volatiles may harm you and similar compounds. (cdc.gov)
- This creosote) or coal (coal tar creosote), or from the release does not always lead to exposure. (cdc.gov)
- The UCLA Labor Occupational Safety and Health Program indicates that asphalt workers, railroad workers and coal workers are at risk for creosote exposure. (ehow.co.uk)
- Long term exposure to creosote can lead to kidney damage, brain and liver damage, and several different kinds of cancer. (ehow.co.uk)
- The UCLA Labor Occupational Safety and Health Program suggests avoiding exposure to creosote smoke. (ehow.co.uk)
- These results suggest that it is reasonable to expect a detectable migration of creosote-derived PAH from newly treated railway ties into supporting ballast during their first exposure to hot summer weather. (usda.gov)
- The Chicago creosote exposure injury attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to representing the needs of clients who have suffered serious medical complications or illnesses linked to overexposure to creosote and the failure of rail companies to provide adequate warnings or protection to workers. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- Some of the most immediately harmful effects of creosote exposure are due to skin contact or ingestion, so it is worth asking how workers can ingest or come into contact with the substance willingly or without knowledge. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- For many years, the railroad industry has been aware of the risks associated with creosote exposure, but have failed to properly educate employees so that they may be aware of the risks and take appropriate precautions. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- The federal government has not developed regulatory standards and guidelines to protect people from the potential health effects of exposure to coal tar creosote in drinking water and food. (pixipla.net)
- They are, therefore, at a higher risk for diseases tied to creosote exposure. (pixipla.net)
- The Agency for Toxic Substance and Disease Registry in its October 2002 report stated that "workers who work with creosote-treated wood in building fences, bridges, or railroad tracks or installing telephone poles may face exposure. (pixipla.net)
- also risk exposure to creosote. (pixipla.net)
Form of creosote2
- Coal tar, Creosote prepared from coal tar is the most coal tar pitch, and coal tar pitch volatiles are used or common form of creosote in the workplace and at produced in several industries, including road hazardous waste sites in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- It is used as an external antiseptic, expectorant, gastric sedative, deodorant, and as an antiseptic parasiticide veterinary use in the form of creosote carbonate. (chemicalland21.com)
Buildup of creosote2
- Many chimneys and wood burning grills produce creosote through the traditional burning of wood, and the substance is so flammable that homeowners with fireplaces are advised to routinely remove the buildup of creosote from their chimneys to prevent fires. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- The main cause of such fires is the buildup of creosote in the flue. (bestcleaning4u.com)
Contact with creosote3
- Living in treated-wood houses that may result in air or skin contact with creosote. (cdc.gov)
- It is used to treat critical rail infrastructure components such as railroad ties and plugs and while many rail workers are exposed to the compound, maintenance workers are most likely to come into contact with creosote. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- People can also be exposed through smoking cigarettes or coming in contact with creosote. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- This fire could have been prevented, officials say, by keeping the chimney and furnace flue free of creosote buildup. (eastpdxnews.com)
- A very hot fire in a well-working fireplace," explained the fire bureau's spokesman, Lt. Allen Oswalt, "can prevent creosote buildup that could lead to a chimney fire, because the continued heat output from the fire eventually warms up the lining of the chimney sufficiently to revaporize the deposited creosote. (eastpdxnews.com)
- After burning wood in a multifuel stove for a number of years we have a layer of hard shiny creosote 5mm to 10mm thick in the unlined chimney. (greenbuildingforum.co.uk)
- The quickest method I saw a chap use was to set fire to the creosote, although he could totally close off the bottom of the chimney to extinguish the resultant fire. (greenbuildingforum.co.uk)
- I saw the chimney afterwards and it was without any creosote and the said creosote was reduced to a black powder that fell out of the chimney. (greenbuildingforum.co.uk)
- Perhaps a bit more realistic approach would be to leave the creosote where it is and put in the liner and then fill the space between the liner and the chimney with non-combustible insulation and ensure a good seal between the liner and the chimney. (greenbuildingforum.co.uk)
- You can also get creosote deposits if the chimney is oversized for the stove, especially with modern stoves that are designed to maximise useful heat and minimise lost heat up the chimney. (greenbuildingforum.co.uk)
- It could well be that the cause of the creosote build up is that the chimney is oversized and therefore would never get warm enough to stop deposits forming. (greenbuildingforum.co.uk)
- Creosote accumulates on the bottom of the fireplace and also sits in the liner of the chimney. (hubpages.com)
- How Accumulation of Creosote in Your Chimney Can Cause a House Fire? (bestcleaning4u.com)
- Do not let creosote build up in your chimney. (bestcleaning4u.com)
- Coal tar creosote is the most widely used wood preservative in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- I was told that a good preservative was 2 parts creosote, 2 parts thin mineral oil such as hydraulic oil from machinery oil change and 1 part paraffin. (dave-cushman.net)
- The thinking was that creosote was a wood preservative, the oil repelled water and the paraffin allowed the mixture to be absorbed into the wood. (dave-cushman.net)
- Creosote is the most popular wood preservative in the United States, but safety concerns have resulted in the banning of the product from consumer applications. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- However, that would get rid of the preservative element that the creosote provides. (preparedsociety.com)
- Coal tar creosote oil is a wood preservative. (zeninternational.net)
- the soft coarse wood, though perishable in the natural state, has been used for railway sleepers after saturation with creosote or preservative solutions. (all-dictionary.com)
- They have partitioned the plant ecologically with different gall midge species inhabiting the leaves, stems, buds, and flowers of creosote bush. (wikipedia.org)
- Within the genus the creosote gall midge species form a species group, the A. auripila group. (wikipedia.org)
- These are caused by the Creosote Gall Midge, Asphondylia aurinila , a small gnat-like insect, whose larva live in the protective tissue. (blogspot.com)
- commercial creosote is distilled from coal tar, and pharmaceutical creosote is distilled from wood tar. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Coal tar creosote is released to water and soil mainly as a result of its use in the wood preservation industry. (cdc.gov)
- Coal tar creosote may dissolve in water and may move through the soil to the groundwater. (cdc.gov)
- Given the lack of data on the environmental fate of creosote-derived compounds released from used railway ties, a survey of different environmental media (i.e. soil, sediment, surface water, plants and outdoor air) was carried out at six sites located in France where old creosote-treated railway ties are stored or reused for different purposes. (springer.com)
- A low-flying airplane will drop Tebuthiuron pellets, a soil-activated herbicide that inhibits photosynthesis, on creosote bush and juniper. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The proposed plan includes the construction of an underground concrete box around the most heavily-contaminated soil and groundwater, at the former creosote dipping pits on the western end of the site. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Creosote is a carcinogen at all levels of concentration and there are significant environmental risks when wood treated with creosote comes into direct contact with soil or water. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Is there really that much risk in the Creosote leaking into my soil and into the vegetables? (preparedsociety.com)
- Soil tests on pressure-sensitive adhesive tapes used sodium pentachlorphenate and creosote as protective coatings. (usda.gov)
- Creosote is a known pollutant of soil and ground water and the volatile fraction has been monitored in air. (sun.ac.za)
- In the past, when there was less environmental awareness, creosotes often contaminated the soil in the wood treatment facilities. (desotec.be)
- Wood tar creosote is a mixture of chiefly guaiacol, creosol and other phenolic compounds obtained from wood tar (mainly beech) by distillation between 203 and 220 C. It is insoluble in water, soluble in methanol, acetone. (chemicalland21.com)
- Creosote is the name used for a variety of products: wood creosote, coal tar creosote, coal tar, coal tar pitch, and coal tar pitch volatiles. (cdc.gov)
- Breathing vapors of the creosotes, coal tar, coal tar pitch, or coal tar pitch volatiles can cause irritation of the respiratory tract. (cdc.gov)
- This information is important because this creosote, coal tar, coal tar pitch, or coal tar pitch substance may harm you. (cdc.gov)
- Coal tar are by-products of the carbonization of coal to creosote, coal tar, and coal tar pitch have been produce coke or natural gas. (cdc.gov)
- Coal tar creosote, coal tar, and coal tar pitch are found may creosote, coal tar, coal tar pitch, and coal tar pitch increase. (cdc.gov)
- It is easily set on fire and does not tar creosote, coal tar, and coal tar pitch that can dissolve easily in water. (cdc.gov)
- Since 2013 United States Re-Export of Wood Tar, Wood Tar Oils, Wood Creosote, Wood Naphtha, Vegetable Pitch jumped by 49.3% year on year close to $47,140. (nationmaster.com)
- The term "creosote" is often used to describe these PAH-rich products of combustion and their distillates, and encompasses such products as wood creosote (from the combustion of beech and other woods), coal tar creosote (from the combustion of coal or coal tar), and coal tar pitch volatiles. (thefreedictionary.com)
- In: Toxicological Profile for Wood Creosote , Coal Tar Creosote, Coal Tar, Coal Tar Pitch, and Coal Tar Pitch Volatiles. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Toxicological Profile for Wood Creosote, Coal Tar Creosote, Coal Tar, Coal Tar Pitch, and Coal Tar Pitch Volatiles (PB2003-100136, 2002) 394 pp. (drugfuture.com)
- Principal component analysis and hierarchical clustering on principal components indicate that PAHs detected in soils and sediments originated from unweathered to severely weathered creosote and could be strongly influenced by urban background. (springer.com)
- Oil spills, coal mining and the production of creosote all contribute to the spread of PAHs into the environment. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- Plants may also accumulate polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which constitute up to 85% of the mass of creosote, and of which some have been proven carcinogenic. (sun.ac.za)
Polycyclic aromatic hy1
- To help determine if this is detrimental to the surrounding environment, more information is needed on the extent and pattern of creosote, or more specifically polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH), migration from railroad ties and what effects this would have on the surrounding environment. (usda.gov)
Enters the environment3
- This study focussed on the sensorial and chemical analyses of environmental and wine samples taken from the area around the creosote stockyard to determine accumulation of creosote-derived compounds. (sun.ac.za)
- There may be other compounds present in creosote emissions, aside from those investigated here, with sensory attributes related to the taint found in wines. (sun.ac.za)
- Researchers have found that compounds produced by the creosote bush, a desert plant common to the Southwestern United States, exhibit potent anti-parasitic activity against the protozoa responsible for giardia infections and an amoeba that causes an often-lethal form of encephalitis. (esciencenews.com)
- In this report, the United States Coal Tar Creosote market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. (reportsnreports.com)
- McFarland Cascade (Stella-Jones) to acquire Lufkin Creosoting" Feb 03, 2016. (alacrastore.com)
- The kids are particularly excited about King Creosote coming as they met him during Dunfermline Folk Festival 2012, and they love the song Bubble, from his recent Mercury Nominated album with Jon Hopkins, Diamond Mine. (edinburghguide.com)
- To immerse yourself in King Creosote and Jon Hopkins' album Diamond Mine is to be transported to the Scottish countryside. (totallyfuzzy.net)
- Animated music video for Bubble by King Creosote & Jon Hopkins, directed by Elliot Dear. (audiolicious.tv)
- In order to prevent decomposition of any proteid impurity which may remain incorporated with the rubber, the freshly coagulated rubber is sometimes cured in the smoke of burning wood or a small quantity of an antiseptic such as creosote is added during coagulation. (yourdictionary.com)
- Coal tar creosote and its derivatives are the most widely used wood preservatives. (chemicalland21.com)
- Creosote has been found in at least 33 of the 1,430 National Priorities List sites identified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). (cdc.gov)
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA), in coordination with the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ), sampled groundwater from two monitoring wells at the Madisonville Creosote Works site. (cdc.gov)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has declared creosote a restricted use pesticide, which means that it can only be bought and used by certified applicators and only for those uses covered by the applicator's certification. (pixipla.net)
- Contactmusic.com: King Creosote, thanks for coming along and having a chat. (contactmusic.com)
- KC: Yea, Domino helped us put out a King Creosote record so it was Fence in the UK and Domino licensing outside the UK, so yea we got a bit of help, I suppose it was Domino Records but they let us do it under our own label. (contactmusic.com)
- As the fence is exposed he will creosote it for protection. (yourdictionary.com)
- Another knees-up in the East Neuk from the Fence Collective, with an as-yet-unrevealed line-up that is sure to include the usual Fence favourites (Pictish Trail, King Creosote, James Yorkston are all likely suspects). (list.co.uk)
- Creosote or coal tar are the by-products of the high-temperature treatment of coal to make natural gas and other fuels. (wa.gov)
- Coal tar creosote is made through the high temperature treatment of coal while beech wood and bush resin creosote come from the treatment of wood and bush resin, respectively. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- Wood creosote has been used as a disinfectant, a laxative, and a cough treatment, but is rarely used these ways today. (cdc.gov)
- Because of the health risks associated with it, creosote has therefore been restricted for use in most applications in Europe, and also in the United States, Canada and Australia. (sun.ac.za)
- Lastly, comprehensive analysis of industry risks, challenges and growth opportunities, administrative trends, Coal Tar Creosote market drivers are included in this study. (ereports.asia)
- You are resin of the creosote bush (creosote bush resin). (cdc.gov)
- Disused creosote-treated railway ties are reused in France and many other countries and, in particular, for landscaping and other residential uses. (springer.com)
- Because they are so cost effective, wood products such as railway ties, cross ties, and bridge timbers, utility poles, and marine and foundation piling that are pressure- treated with creosote continue to be the materials of choice for many industrial, commercial, and governmental end users. (creosotecouncil.org)
- The most significant wood products treated with creosote include railway ties and timbers, electric utility poles, and marine and foundation piling. (creosotecouncil.org)
- Bolin C, Smith S (2013) Life cycle assessment of creosote-treated wooden railroad crossties in the US with comparisons to concrete and plastic composite railroad crossties. (springer.com)
- Railroads continue to choose creosote-treated crossties and related products because they provide unsurpassed cost-effective performance. (creosotecouncil.org)
- Creosote-treated crossties typically cost approximately $28 each or $7.50 per cubic foot. (creosotecouncil.org)
- A mile of new track using creosote-treated wood crossties costs approximately $236,000. (creosotecouncil.org)
- Creosote is considered to be highly toxic and a likely carcinogen. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Creosote gall midges are a species of gall-inducing flies in the Asphondylia auripila group (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae). (wikipedia.org)
- In the past few years, our creosote bush has produced creosote galls on its stems. (blogspot.com)
- Occasionally, creosote-treated railroad ties need to be replaced, sometimes in sensitive environments such as wetlands. (usda.gov)
- Both newly treated and weathered creosote-treated railroad ties were placed in the simulated wetland. (usda.gov)
- Creosote has been widely used for the treatment of wooden railroad ties and wooden telephone poles to prevent rot. (desotec.be)
- A related company south of Walker Street, Wheeler Lumber and Bridge supply, used Republic's products for their own work, making wooden culverts from creosote timbers. (slphistory.org)
- Creosote bushes typically grow from 3 to 10 feet in height, depending on the amount of water present. (gardenguides.com)
- Eating food or drinking water with high levels of creosote may cause burning in the mouth, and throat, stomach pains, severe skin irritation, convulsions, and kidney and liver problems. (cdc.gov)
- Eating large amounts of herbal remedies containing creosote bush leaves may cause liver damage, while large amounts of coal tar creosote may result in severe skin irritation, eye burns, convulsions, unconsciousness, and even death. (cdc.gov)
- Animals may suffer skin irritation or ulceration from creosote treated wood. (chemicalland21.com)
Need to be replaced1
- Treating the wood used to make this infrastructure with creosote greatly reduces costs by extending its life so that it does not need to be replaced as frequently. (rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com)
- A specialized claim under the Federal Employers' Liability Act (FELA) may exist for employees of common carriers, particularly employees of railroads, which still use creosote-treated lumber for railroad spikes. (pixipla.net)
- The creosote bush, which grows in the Mojave, Sonoran , and Chihuahuan deserts , has been shown by radiocarbon dating to have lived since the birth of Christ. (wonderfulinfo.com)
- Eating herbal remedies containing the leaves from the creosote bush (chaparral) which are sold as dietary supplements. (cdc.gov)