A genus of gram-negative bacteria characteristically appearing in chains of several segmenting organisms. It occurs in man and arthropod vectors and is found only in the Andes region of South America. This genus is the etiologic agent of human bartonellosis. The genus Rochalimaea, once considered a separate genus, has recently been combined with the genus Bartonella as a result of high levels of relatedness in 16S rRNA sequence data and DNA hybridization data.
'Candidatus Borrelia texasensis', from the American dog tick Dermacentor variabilis. (1/25)TXW-1, a Borrelia strain isolated in March 1998 from an adult male Dermacentor variabilis tick feeding on a coyote from Webb county, Texas, USA, was characterized by using randomly amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) analysis, RFLP and sequence analysis of flaB and rrs (16S rRNA gene), DNA-DNA hybridization analysis, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting with mAbs. It shows different banding patterns in RFLP analysis of flaB and forms distinct branches in phylogenetic analysis derived from flaB and rrs genes. It differs from other borreliae based on the banding patterns obtained by RAPD analysis. This strain contains a small, 38-kDa endoflagellar protein. DNA-DNA hybridization experiments revealed that the levels of DNA reassociation between TXW-1 and previously described relapsing fever borreliae were 38.64 % (Borrelia turicatae), 38.40 % (Borrelia parkeri), 7.39 % (Borrelia hermsii) and 18.30 % (Borrelia coriaceae). However, the level of DNA relatedness between B. parkeri and B. turicatae was 78.78 %. Sequence analyses of flaB and rrs genes indicate that the similarities of nucleotide sequences among TXW-1 and B. turicatae or B. parkeri are less than that between B. turicatae and B. parkeri, and that the genetic distances among TXW-1 and B. turicatae or B. parkeri are greater than that between B. turicatae and B. parkeri. TXW-1 lacks an ospC gene. Electron microscope observations showed that this spirochaete had different morphological structures compared to previously described relapsing fever borreliae. All the results obtained from the above-mentioned analyses indicate that TXW-1 is different from other described Borrelia species and that it represents a novel species of Borrelia. We have been unable to revive frozen cultures and so can not meet the requirements of the Bacteriological Code to deposit viable type material at two different culture collections. Therefore we use the Candidatus designation; based on these results, the species 'Candidatus Borrelia texasensis' is proposed. (+info)
Canine visceral leishmaniasis, United States and Canada, 2000-2003. (2/25)Visceral leishmaniasis, caused by protozoa of the genus Leishmania donovani complex, is a vectorborne zoonotic infection that infects humans, dogs, and other mammals. In 2000, this infection was implicated as causing high rates of illness and death among foxhounds in a kennel in New York. A serosurvey of >12,000 foxhounds and other canids and 185 persons in 35 states and 4 Canadian provinces was performed to determine geographic extent, prevalence, host range, and modes of transmission within foxhounds, other dogs, and wild canids and to assess possible infections in humans. Foxhounds infected with Leishmania spp. were found in 18 states and 2 Canadian provinces. No evidence of infection was found in humans. The infection in North America appears to be widespread in foxhounds and limited to dog-to-dog mechanisms of transmission; however, if the organism becomes adapted for vector transmission by indigenous phlebotomines, the probability of human exposure will be greatly increased. (+info)
Mechanistic home range models capture spatial patterns and dynamics of coyote territories in Yellowstone. (3/25)Patterns of space-use by individuals are fundamental to the ecology of animal populations influencing their social organization, mating systems, demography and the spatial distribution of prey and competitors. To date, the principal method used to analyse the underlying determinants of animal home range patterns has been resource selection analysis (RSA), a spatially implicit approach that examines the relative frequencies of animal relocations in relation to landscape attributes. In this analysis, we adopt an alternative approach, using a series of mechanistic home range models to analyse observed patterns of territorial space-use by coyote packs in the heterogeneous landscape of Yellowstone National Park. Unlike RSAs, mechanistic home range models are derived from underlying correlated random walk models of individual movement behaviour, and yield spatially explicit predictions for patterns of space-use by individuals. As we show here, mechanistic home range models can be used to determine the underlying determinants of animal home range patterns, incorporating both movement responses to underlying landscape heterogeneities and the effects of behavioural interactions between individuals. Our analysis indicates that the spatial arrangement of coyote territories in Yellowstone is determined by the spatial distribution of prey resources and an avoidance response to the presence of neighbouring packs. We then show how the fitted mechanistic home range model can be used to correctly predict observed shifts in the patterns of coyote space-use in response to perturbation. (+info)
Patterns of antimicrobial susceptibility in Michigan wildlife and bovine isolates of Mycobacterium bovis. (4/25)The state of Michigan has recognized the presence of Mycobacterium bovis in its free-ranging white-tailed deer population since 1994. This endemic infection is primarily located in a 12-county area in the northeastern lower peninsula of Michigan. A statewide surveillance and eradication program of the disease has been in effect since 1994. Worldwide, Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex organisms have a known predilection toward development of antimicrobial resistance. The objective of this study was to investigate the antimicrobial susceptibility of M. bovis isolates from white-tailed deer in Michigan and detect any changes in susceptibility over time. M. bovis isolates from 2 fall hunting seasons (1999 and 2004) were used in this study. The fall season of 2004 marked the first documented case of direct transmission of M. bovis from a wild deer to a human in Michigan. Since M. bovis is a zoonotic disease, knowledge of susceptibility can expedite treatment options in humans. M. bovis isolates were obtained from 58 deer, 4 coyotes, 3 cattle, 2 raccoons, and 1 human case from the 2 years combined. Methods of susceptibility testing included 1% proportion agar plates and Bactec radiometric broth testing. M. bovis was found to be uniformly resistant to the antibiotic pyrazinamide; this resistance is common to all M. bovis isolates. No other antimicrobial resistance was found in any of the tested M. bovis isolates, which may be, in part, attributed to the lack of any significant treatment pressure in wildlife. (+info)
Agouti sequence polymorphisms in coyotes, wolves and dogs suggest hybridization. (5/25)Domestic dogs have been shown to have multiple alleles of the Agouti Signal Peptide (ASIP) in exon 4 and we wished to determine the level of polymorphism in the common wild canids of Canada, wolves and coyotes, in comparison. All Canadian coyotes and most wolves have banded hairs. The ASIP coding sequence of the wolf did not vary from the domestic dog but one variant was detected in exon 4 of coyotes that did not alter the arginine at this position. Two other differences were found in the sequence flanking exon 4 of coyotes compared with the 45 dogs and 1 wolf. The coyotes also demonstrated a relatively common polymorphism in the 3' UTR sequence that could be used for population studies. One of the ASIP alleles (R96C) in domestic dogs causes a solid black coat color in homozygotes. Although some wolves are melanistic, this phenotype does not appear to be caused by this same mutation. However, one wolf, potentially a dog-wolf hybrid or descendant thereof, was heterozygous for this allele. Likewise 2 coyotes, potentially dog-coyote or wolf-coyote hybrid descendants, were heterozygous for the several polymorphisms in and flanking exon 4. We could conclude that these were coyote-dog hybrids because both were heterozygous for 2 mutations causing fawn coat color in dogs. (+info)
Coyotes demonstrate how habitat specialization by individuals of a generalist species can diversify populations in a heterogeneous ecoregion. (6/25)(+info)
Surveillance of coyotes to detect bovine tuberculosis, Michigan. (7/25)(+info)
Protein hydrolysates are avoided by herbivores but not by omnivores in two-choice preference tests. (8/25)(+info)
The Carolina Coyotes are a professional basketball team in Columbia, South Carolina, and members of The Basketball League (TBL ... On April 1, 2021 it was announced that the team moved to Columbia, South Carolina and renamed the Carolina Coyotes. "TBL finds ... Building Better Communities and Head Coach of the Carolina Coyotes and Jermaine Johnson, an American former professional ... On October 23, 2020, The Basketball League (TBL) announced the Charleston Coyotes were approved as a expansion franchise for ...
The Salina Coyotes was the final moniker of minor league baseball teams based in Salina, Kansas between 1898 and 1914. In that ... The Salina Coyotes placed 2nd, with a 47-41 record in 1914, finishing 8.0 games behind the 1st place Emporia Bidwells, playing ... The Coyotes were succeeded by the 1922 Salina Millers of the Southwestern League. Minor league baseball began in 1898 with the ... "1914 Salina Coyotes Roster on StatsCrew.com". www.statscrew.com. "1914 Kansas State League". Baseball-Reference.com. "1914 ...
In writing Coyotes, he became one of the first modern American journalists to document the Sisyphean setbacks and harrowing ... Coyotes: A Journey Across Borders with America's Mexican Migrants is a 1987 nonfiction book by journalist and professor Ted ... In the fifth chapter of Coyotes, Conover writes about the four months he spent living with his migrant worker friends in their ... Coyotes' author Ted Conover visits SOJC to talk narrative journalism". Journalism and Communication. 2016-11-10. Retrieved 2022 ...
Howler is the coyote-suited mascot of the Arizona Coyotes. He was introduced on October 15, 2005. The Coyotes' official kids ... "howling coyote" jerseys as an alternate. The road "howling coyote" jerseys were also retained. In addition, the Coyotes would ... The Coyotes were swept in four games. On April 7, 2012, the Coyotes defeated the Minnesota Wild with a score of 4-1 to win the ... The Coyotes also added a third jersey for the 2008-09 season. It is primarily black and features a new alternate coyote logo on ...
The Connecticut Coyotes were an arena football franchise based in Hartford, Connecticut. The Coyotes played in the Eastern ... Connecticut Coyotes at ArenaFan.com (Articles with short description, Short description matches Wikidata, Connecticut Coyotes, ... "Coyotes" in October of the same year. After a tough first season, in which the Coyotes finished 1-11, team president Robert B. ... The following Coyotes players were named to All-Arena Teams: FB/LB Les Barley (1) Note: Statistics are correct through the end ...
In the series against Chase, the Coyotes won the first two games in the best-of-five series, and led Game 3 (in which a Coyotes ... Then the Coyotes went into the 2011 Cyclone Taylor Cup. The following season, the Coyotes finished first in the Okanagan ... The coyotes took an early 2-0 series lead on the Posse and never looked back as they took the series in 5. In the second round ... The Coyotes had beaten them in all eight meetings of the regular season but fell down 3-0 early in game one. But thanks to a ...
The 1906 Independence Coyotes went 69-48 and won the Kansas State League championship. Ben Haas hit .341 to lead the league, ... The league folded after the season, and the Coyotes moved to the Oklahoma-Arkansas-Kansas League and became known as the ...
Coyotes is an American Western song written by Bob McDill and closely associated with cowboy singer Don Edwards. It appears on ... The Great American Country network named Coyotes as one of their Top 20 Cowboy and Cowgirl Songs; Members of the Western ... But if there is one song I'm most associated with, that's 'Coyotes'. "Goin' Back to Texas - Don Edwards". allmusic.com. ...
Central Valley Coyotes
The Central Valley Coyotes were a professional arena football team and were a charter member of the AF2. As the newly forming ... Bakersfield Blitz Official Website Original Bakersfield Blitz at ArenaFan Central Valley Coyotes at ArenaFan v t e v t e ( ... The Central Valley Coyotes were in discussions with Indoor Football League Commissioner Tommy Benezio about possibly joining ...
Zoológico Los Coyotes
The Zoológico Los Coyotes is the third zoo in Mexico City, Mexico. It was opened on 2 February 1999 to complement the other ... It mainly exhibits endemic and native fauna of Mexico including two coyotes, the species that the zoo is named after. Media ... related to Zoológico Los Coyotes at Wikimedia Commons (in Spanish)-Official website v t e (Articles lacking sources from ...
Las Vegas Coyotes
The Coyotes were the second attempt by the RHI to field a team in the Las Vegas Valley, the Coyotes predecessor, the Las Vegas ... The Coyotes and the RHI returned for a season in 1999. The Coyotes played in the four team Western Conference with RHI ... changing their name to the Oklahoma Coyotes in the process. With the relocation, the Coyotes moved to the Pacific Division of ... The Coyotes were set to make their return to the RHI, when the league announced that it was going to suspend the 1998 season in ...
El Paso Coyotes
The El Paso Coyotes were an American professional indoor soccer franchise based in El Paso, Texas. Founded in June 2016, the ... "El Paso Coyotes and M.A.S.L. Explained , Sports - Home". Archived from the original on 2016-09-18. Retrieved 2016-09-13. " ... "Jugadores Coyotes". www.elpasocoyotes.com. Archived from the original on 2019-01-08. Official website v t e (Articles with ...
The Stone Coyotes
"The Stone Coyotes - News/Bio". The Stone Coyotes (Official). Archived from the original on May 18, 2017. Retrieved July 22, ... The Stone Coyotes are an American band that debuted with their first album in 1998. They hail from Massachusetts but tour ... "The Stone Coyotes Interview". The Celebrity Cafe. November 29, 2000. Retrieved July 22, 2017. Official website v t e (Articles ...
Palm Desert Coyotes
The Coyotes didn't play in 2012 due to a team suspension of operations. They were replaced by the winter league version of the ... The Palm Desert Coyotes are an independent professional baseball team that is based in Palm Springs, California as a part of ... The Coyotes returned in 2013. California Winter League: California Winter League official website v t e (Amateur baseball teams ...
South Dakota Coyotes
The South Dakota Coyotes, also known as the USD Coyotes (locally pronounced /ˈkaɪoʊts/; KY-ohts), are the athletic teams for ... The Coyote softball team appeared in one Women's College World Series in 1971. The Coyote women's basketball team made its ... The Coyote women's basketball team won the WNIT Championship over Florida Gulf Coast in 2016. The Coyote Volleyball team made ... ISBN 978-0-9893007-0-4. SD Coyotes Sports Talk Official website (South Dakota Coyotes). ...
Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes
The Coyotes football program made its first appearance in 1893 with a record of four wins and one loss. They would not field a ... The Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes are the athletic teams that represent Kansas Wesleyan University, located in Salina, Kansas, in ... Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes, Sports in Salina, Kansas). ...
Rancho Los Coyotes
Juan José Nieto (eldest son of Manuel Nieto) received Los Coyotes. In 1840, Juan José Nieto sold Rancho Los Coyotes to Juan ... Rancho Los Coyotes was a 48,806-acre (197.51 km2) 1834 Mexican land grant resulting from the partition of the Rancho Los Nietos ... As required by the Land Act of 1851, a claim for Rancho Los Coyotes was filed with the Public Land Commission in 1852, and the ... Bacon House (circa 1884). Originally built by an unknown squatter in a remote area of Rancho Los Coyotes and eventually ended ...
Los Coyotes LPGA Classic
The Los Coyotes LPGA Classic was a golf tournament on the LPGA Tour from 1989 to 1992. It was played at the Los Coyotes Country ... Los Coyotes LPGA Classic 1992 Nancy Scranton MBS LPGA Classic 1991 Pat Bradley 1990 Nancy Lopez Nippon Travel-MBS Classic 1989 ... 2011-06-29 at the Wayback Machine LPGA Tournament Chronology 1990-1999 Archived 2007-09-20 at the Wayback Machine Los Coyotes ...
The Stone Coyotes discography
This is a discography for The Stone Coyotes, a family trio consisting of Barbara Keith, husband Doug Tibbles and son John. 1998 ...
Arizona Coyotes Radio Network
The Arizona Coyotes Radio Network is a 10-station network of radio stations in the U.S. state of Arizona. The flagship of the ... Arizona Coyotes, All stub articles, United States radio station stubs). ... ". "Radio Affiliates". Station list on the Coyotes' website v t e (Articles with short description, Short description matches ...
1995 Connecticut Coyotes season
The 1995 Connecticut Coyotes season was the first of two seasons for the Connecticut Coyotes. They finished the 1995 Arena ... "Connecticut Coyotes Team History - 1995 , ArenaFan.com". www.arenafan.com. Retrieved January 9, 2021. "1995 Connecticut Coyotes ... Connecticut Coyotes seasons, 1995 Arena Football League season, 1995 in sports in Connecticut). ...
Horses, Cattle and Coyotes
... is the eighth album from the Sons of the San Joaquin. All tracks are written by Jack Hannah, except ...
1996 Connecticut Coyotes season
The 1996 Connecticut Coyotes season was the second of two seasons for the Connecticut Coyotes. They finished the 1996 Arena ... "1996 Connecticut Coyotes Game-by-Game Results on StatsCrew.com". www.statscrew.com. Retrieved January 25, 2021. (Connecticut ... "Connecticut Coyotes Team History - 1996 , ArenaFan.com". www.arenafan.com. Retrieved January 25, 2021. " ... Coyotes seasons, 1996 Arena Football League season, 1996 in sports in Connecticut). ...
South Dakota Coyotes football
For information on all University of South Dakota sports, see South Dakota Coyotes The South Dakota Coyotes football program is ... Their record was 4-4. The Coyotes have appeared in the FCS playoffs two times. Their record is 1-2. Records through the end of ... "South Dakota Coyotes Football Future Schedules". FBSchedules.com. Retrieved November 28, 2022. Official website (Articles ... Missouri Valley Football Conference The Coyotes appeared in the Division II playoffs four times. ...
Adult eastern coyotes are larger than western coyotes, with female eastern coyotes weighing 21% more than male western coyotes ... However, coyote attacks (by an unknown number of coyotes) on adult male bobcats have occurred. In California, coyote and bobcat ... The coyote readily cannibalizes the carcasses of conspecifics, with coyote fat having been successfully used by coyote hunters ... "Coyote Nation: A Crash Course in Coyote Hunting". Outdoor Life. January 23, 2019. Retrieved December 22, 2019. "Coyote Nation: ...
2021-22 Arizona Coyotes season
"Coyotes Sign Galchenyuk to One-Year Contract". Arizona Coyotes. October 6, 2021. Retrieved October 6, 2021. "Coyotes Sign ... "Coyotes Claim Goaltender Wedgewood Off Waivers". Arizona Coyotes. November 4, 2021. Retrieved November 28, 2021. "Coyotes Claim ... "Coyotes Sign Dzingel to One-Year Contract". nhl.com. July 28, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021. "Coyotes Sign Hutton to One-Year ... "Coyotes Sign Jaškin to One-Year Contract". nhl.com. July 28, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021. "Coyotes Sign Carcone to Two-Year ...
2002-03 Phoenix Coyotes season
"2002-03 Phoenix Coyotes Schedule". Hockey-Reference.com. Retrieved November 25, 2022. "2002-03 Phoenix Coyotes Statistics - ... Coyotes goaltender Zac Bierk earned his first career shutout, although it was not his NHL debut. It was the first time that two ... The Coyotes finished the regular season having allowed the most power-play goals of all 30 NHL teams, with 77. Note: CR = ... The Coyotes failed to make the playoffs for the first time since the 2000-01 season. January 8, 2003: Chicago Blackhawks ...
2004-05 Phoenix Coyotes season
The Coyotes preseason and regular season schedules were announced on July 8 and July 14, 2004, respectively. The Coyotes were ... "COYOTES SIGN NAGY TO 2-YEAR DEAL". Phoenix Coyotes. August 2, 2004. Archived from the original on August 3, 2004. Retrieved ... "COYOTES DEAL WITH JACKETS". Phoenix Coyotes. July 6, 2004. Archived from the original on August 11, 2004. Retrieved April 25, ... "COYOTES SIGN MIKE RICCI". Phoenix Coyotes. July 9, 2004. Archived from the original on September 18, 2004. Retrieved April 25, ...
List of Arizona Coyotes seasons
Arizona Coyotes seasons, Lists of National Hockey League seasons, Arizona Coyotes lists). ... This is a list of seasons completed by the Arizona Coyotes of the National Hockey League. This list documents the records and ... In twenty-six completed seasons (2004-05 NHL season was not played) the Coyotes have made the playoffs nine times and won a ... Pts-Points The result of the playoff series shows the Coyotes' result first regardless of the outcome, followed by the opposing ...
Arizona Coyotes - Wikipedia
coyotes. The Arizona Coyotes are a professional ice hockey team based in the Phoenix metropolitan area. The Coyotes compete in ... Howler is the coyote-suited mascot of the Arizona Coyotes. He was introduced on October 15, 2005. The Coyotes official kids ... "Arizona Coyotes. Retrieved October 24, 2021.. *^ "Coyotes Announce 2021-22 Coaching Staff". NHL.com. Retrieved October 5, 2021. ... "Arizona Coyotes - Team". coyotes.nhl.com. Retrieved October 24, 2021.. *^ "Perfect setting: Gretzkys number retired before All ...
Translocation of Coyote Rabies -- Florida, 1994
Since 1988, rabies in coyotes in southern Texas has accounted for most coyote-associated rabies in the United States, including ... The coyotes were reported to have been fed regularly, and no ill or dead wildlife had been noted in the enclosure within the ... Translocation of Coyote Rabies -- Florida, 1994 Translocation of a rabies variant from one area to another has been identified ... Rabies virus recovered from the five dogs was identified as a variant not previously found in Florida but endemic in coyotes ( ...
Snow Coyotes and Spirit Bears
... the first coyotes arrived in Newfoundland. They had come a long way. Up until the 1800s, coyotes lived mostly in the ... In 1987, a car hit one of the animals, and it was confirmed to be a coyote pup. The coyotes ... Up until the 1800s, coyotes lived mostly in the southwestern United States, and in low numbers in the Midwest. To the east and ... But when farmers and trappers exteriminated wolves in much of North America, the coyotes began to expand their range. By the ...
City Slickers: Coyotes Living Large in the City ». Ranger Ricks Wily Coyotes ». The Song of the Coyote » ... Here are some ways to prevent such coyote conflicts:. Do not feed coyotes: Feeding coyotes-even unintentionally-may cause them ... Do not run from coyotes: Most coyotes try to avoid people, but may not if they have become accustomed to humans. If you are ... In San Francisco, a coyote seems ready to play or pounce as a pet dog pauses with its owner. Coyotes that become habituated to ...
Category:Arizona Coyotes players - Wikimedia Commons
Spelare i Arizona Coyotes; Kategoria:Hokeiści Arizona Coyotes; Kategori:Ishockeyspillere for Arizona Coyotes; Kategória:Hráči ... nowiki,Categoria:Hockeisti su ghiaccio degli Arizona Coyotes; Category:アリゾナ・コヨーテズの選手; Catégorie:Joueur des Coyotes de lArizona ... Arizona Coyotes); 분류:애리조나 카이오티스 선수; Category:Arizona Coyotes players; تصنيف:لاعبو أريزونا كايوتيز; Kategorie:Hráči Arizona ... J.J. Moser playing with the Coyotes vs Maple Leafs in 2022 (Quintin Soloviev).jpg 2,201 × 2,950; 3.14 MB. ...
Coyotes acquire defenseman Robbie Russo from Red Wings
... everything you need for studying or teaching Coyote Waits. ... Immediately download the Coyote Waits summary, chapter-by- ... Coyote Waits Summary. Tony Hillerman. Everything you need to understand or teach Coyote Waits by Tony Hillerman. ... Coyote Waits Summary. Lt. Joe Leaphorn and Officer Jim Chee appear for the fourth time as an awkwardly-paired team in Coyote ...
Morin's plus-minus for Coyotes' loss to Predators
Signing Day: Coyotes bringing in numbers
Coyotes Art: Prints & Paintings | Art.com
Coyote hunting rodents in the snow, Yellowstone National Park. Ken Archer. Photographic Print. 36 x 24,Multiple Sizes ... Mountain Coyote, Canis latrans Lestes, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. Maresa Pryor. Photographic Print. 12 x 9,Multiple ... Mountain Coyote, Canis Latrans Lestes, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. Maresa Pryor. Photographic Print. 12 x 9,Multiple ... Coyote Brand - Upland, California - Citrus Crate Label. Lantern Press. Art Print. 16 x 16,Multiple Sizes ...
Brother Coyote and Sister Fox
... , a delightful and humorous adaptation of a Mexican folktale ... Brother Coyote and Sister Fox. Brother Coyote and Sister Fox. Thistle Theatre, a puppet theatre for families, presents "Brother ... Brother Coyote wants one thing and one thing only, to catch and eat one of Doña Conchitas plump chickens. Quick-witted Sister ... Coyote and Sister Fox", a delightful and humorous adaptation of a Mexican folktale. ...
Coyote Brand - C. J. Beaton - Google Books
Stretching over half a state, the Willard Flats formed a natural barrier against the great herds which were moved up from the plains of Texas to the railheads in the north. There was only one place, Twin Forks, where the cattle could cross in relative safety, and now the town had been taken over by Miguel Rodriguez. The cattle bosses were held to ransom by the outlaw and his gunhawks, but unknown to Rodriguez and the inhabitants of Twin Forks, a lone man was riding north...a man with a mission, who wanted Rodriguez dead.
Coyotes edge Flames on Doan's OT winner | Fox News
"Youve got to find ways to get points," Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett said. "It was just not a pretty game at all so well ... But Calgarys Mikael Backlund was whistled for tripping 2:07 into the extra frame and the Coyotes took advantage of the penalty ... Taylor Pyatt scored in regulation for the Coyotes, who extended their season- high win streak to four games. ...
Colorado Avalanche edge Arizona Coyotes in shootout | TSN
... goal in the third period and had the only goal in the shootout and the Colorado Avalanche defeated the Arizona Coyotes 4-3 ... The Avalanche and Coyotes were the only NHL teams who were idle on Saturday. But that was the only day off for both in a four- ... Maccelli got the Coyotes on the board 10:37 into the period, then Fischer tied it a minute later after Colorado got caught in a ... Coyotes: RW Brett Ritchie (undisclosed) was injured in warmups and was a late scratch. Josh Brown (undisclosed) missed his ...
Coyote Ridge in Glendale, AZ | realtor.com®
Coyote Ridge - find test scores, ratings, reviews, and 2 nearby homes for sale at realtor.com. ... Coyote Ridge. Browse popular neighborhoods, cities and ZIP codes around Coyote Ridge ... I went to pick up my son and the nurse sent my son back to his class room, not only did the nurse at Coyote ridge elementary ... send him back to his class Room but she also gave him medication she was not authorized to give . The nurse at Coyote ridge ...
Coyote Buttes South | Bureau of Land Management
Visiting Coyote Buttes South. Coyote Buttes South is not The Wave. To visit The Wave, you will need a permit for Coyote Buttes ... Coyote Buttes North (The Wave) and Coyote Buttes South are a small part of the 112,500-acre Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs ... You must have a permit to visit Coyote Buttes North and Coyote Buttes South. ... Coyote Buttes South Daily Lottery. In the area and hoping to obtain a permit in the next few days? Check out the following:. 1 ...
Wile E. Coyote - Everything2.com
The Coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.. *The audiences sympathy must remain with the Coyote. ... No outside force can harm the Coyote -- only his own ineptitude or the failure of Acme products. *The Coyote could stop anytime ... The Roadrunner puts his head down to peer at the miniscule coyote and blasts him with a resounding "BEEP-BEEP!" So the coyote ... and the coyote remained in his reduced form. However, the Roadrunner hesitates, and the coyote grabs the (comparitively) huge ...
Preformed Line Products Introduces The COYOTE® ONE Dome Closure
PRNewswire/ -- Preformed Line Products Company (NASDAQ: PLPC) today announced the debut of its new COYOTE® ONE Closure. With ... today announced the debut of its new COYOTE® ONE Closure. With the COYOTE ONE Closure, PLP has significantly enhanced its ... The COYOTE ONE Closure uses a patented segmented end plate to provide independent access to every cable that enters the closure ... Preformed Line Products Introduces The COYOTE® ONE Dome Closure Segmented End Plate Simplifies Fiber Optic Network Connectivity ...
Islanders trade Andrew Ladd to Coyotes, sign defenseman Andy Greene - Newsday
The Coyotes will then receive the better of the Islanders two second-round picks in 2022. They will also collect a third-round ... 60 - to the Coyotes while retaining the 52nd overall pick they acquired along with bottom-six forward Richard Panik for Leddy. ... The cost is minimal to the Coyotes, who still have $27 million in cap space per CapFriendly.com, as Ladd is owed just $1 ... Islanders trade Andrew Ladd to Coyotes, sign defenseman Andy Greene. Andrew Ladd of the Islanders skates during summer training ...
Gregor scores first NHL hat-trick as Sharks enjoy rare feel-good night
Kyle Criscuolo and Danil Guschin scored their first NHL goals and the San Jose Sharks routed the Arizona Coyotes 7-2 ... San Jose Sharks center Noah Gregor, left, smiles as he celebrates his hat trick against the Arizona Coyotes with James Reimer ( ... Matias Maccelli and Victor Soderstrom had the assists for the Coyotes.. Just eight seconds into the second period, Arizonas ... Coyotes: Dauphin returned after missing four games with an upper-body injury. ...
Coyote Athletics | University of South Dakota
Cheering on the Coyotes is one of the best ways for you to experience the Yote Life! ... Coyote Athletics. USD is home to numerous Summit League title-winning teams and many of our athletes have competed across state ... The Coyotes have won Summit League titles in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2016. They have also appeared in three NCAA Tournaments ... The Coyotes appeared in the FCS playoffs in 2021 and was named Sports Illustrated Play of the Year.. ...
The Phoenix Coyotes Deal Goes South (Again)
... Norm Hall/NHLI via Getty Images Hockey ... In September, Coyotes captain Shane Doan, a free agent, decided to remain in Arizona, believing that the sale would go through ... The Coyotes might not be the most star-powered franchise (though if Keith Yandle and Oliver Ekman-Larsson played in Toronto, ... But for Coyotes fans, that "one day" seems incredibly far away. Can you blame them? Theyve been living the same waking ...
LOCAL COLLEGES: Coyotes roll past Dominguez Hills.
... Share this:. *Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) ... The Coyotes will host Cal State Los Angeles (6-13, 3-12) at 5:30 today. The Eagles are coming off a 71-47 loss at Cal Poly ... The Coyotes made just two of their first 13 field goal tries and the Toros (3-16, 3-12) hit just two of their first 12. ... With the score tied 4-4 seven minutes into the half, the Coyotes went on a 28-12 run the rest of the half with Sheppard ...
Arizona Coyotes to host community blood drive May 27-28
... the Arizona Coyotes and Gila River Arena have teamed up with Vitalant and Streets of New York to host a community blood drive ... To sign up, visit vitalant.org/Coyotes.. For their generosity, donors will also receive one complimentary ticket to a Coyotes ... Coyotes general manager John Chayka will donate, as will head coach Rick Tocchet, and players Brad Richardson and Jason Demers. ... Like the Arizona Cardinals did before, the Arizona Coyotes and Gila River Arena have teamed up with Vitalant and Streets of New ...
Windsor Colorado woman's dog bitten by coyote
Coyote Lakes Golf Club (Coyote Lakes Course)
The 18-hole Coyote Lakes course at the Coyote Lakes Golf Club facility in Surprise, features 6,159 yards of golf from the ... Coyote Lakes Golf Course. The 18-hole "Coyote Lakes" course at the Coyote Lakes Golf Club facility in Surprise, Arizona ... Coyote Lakes Golf Club, Surprise, AZ. Coyote Lakes Golf Course - Surprise, Arizona * Add photos ... Tournaments of Coyote Lakes. No local tournaments listed for this course. Add a tournament here. ...
Thorndike | The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise
Its also how long ago Coyote lost her mom and two sisters in a car crash. Coyote hasnt been home in all that time, but when ... Thats how long Coyote and her dad, Rodeo, have lived on the road in an old school bus, criss-crossing the nation. ... Over the course of thousands of miles, Coyote will learn that going home can sometimes be the hardest journey of all. ...
Coyote Hunting Contest In Colorado Drawing Backlash
Project Coyote hosts a multitude of events each year to spread awareness about coyote hunting and to educate citizens about ... Supporters of the coyote hunt maintain that the annual event benefits the community. Coyotes allegedly kill approximately $4 ... Project Coyote promotes "educate coexistence between coyotes and people, according to the groups website. The group believes ... Project Coyote Executive Director Camilla Fox had this to say about the Modoc County hunting contest:. "We feel the killing of ...
COYOTES | Dog News
Yanks at Crufts, coyotes in New York City. Read More Sao Paulo, Brazil, which will host the 2022 World Dog Show, scheduled for ... ALMA & SEAN SANTINI, American Kennel Club, BETH SWEIGART, COYOTES, Crufts, Dennis Johnson, DENNIS MCCOY, Dennis Sprung, DOTTIE ... AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC National Championship Presented by Royal Canin, CHARLIZE SUTTON, COYOTES, FRAN COLONNA, JD & ...
Arizona CoyotesCanisPhoenix CoyotesNorth AmericaCarcassesIvan CoyoteHighly adaptableRaccoonsPredatorsJerry MoyesFoxesPreyEndemicMaccelliNeighborhoodsOccupyGlendaleJose SharksEchinococcusSuggestsCaliforniaAssistsHumans20211996RabiesTeamDonateInfectionAttendanceAnimalsGameMadeShareSizeSouthSeasonHead coachParkCityCanadaArenaProtected areasVisitLargeHostHigherPointsTeamsLocalEarly
- The Arizona Coyotes are a professional ice hockey team based in the Phoenix metropolitan area . (wikipedia.org)
- The franchise name changed to the Arizona Coyotes on June 27, 2014. (wikipedia.org)
- TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - Valeri Nichushkin scored a power-play goal in the third period and was the only scorer in the shootout as the Colorado Avalanche defeated the Arizona Coyotes 4-3 Sunday. (tsn.ca)
- TEMPE, Ariz. - Noah Gregor had three goals, Kyle Criscuolo and Danil Guschin scored their first NHL goals and the San Jose Sharks routed the Arizona Coyotes 7-2 on Saturday night. (marinij.com)
- Like the Arizona Cardinals did before, the Arizona Coyotes and Gila River Arena have teamed up with Vitalant and Streets of New York to host a community blood drive May 27-28. (abc15.com)
- Rabies virus recovered from the five dogs was identified as a variant not previously found in Florida but endemic in coyotes (Canis latrans) in south Texas. (cdc.gov)
- In 1959, coyotes ( Canis latrans ) were found in only 3 Massachusetts towns, but by 2007, their population was estimated at 10,000 and they were present throughout the state, except on the islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- We determined its frequency in urban coyotes (Canis latrans) in Alberta, Canada. (nih.gov)
- Surveillance for the parasite in New York State occurred during the 2021-2022 coyote ( Canis latrans ) hunting season . (bvsalud.org)
- The Jets moved to Phoenix on July 1, 1996, and were renamed the Phoenix Coyotes . (wikipedia.org)
- The NHL took over the Phoenix Coyotes franchise in 2009, when then-owner Jerry Moyes gave up the team after filing for bankruptcy . (wikipedia.org)
- It was fitting, really, that the most recent round of bad news for the Phoenix Coyotes was released late last week. (grantland.com)
- What's unfortunate and almost darkly humorous about all this is that, beneath all the chaos that hangs over the franchise like one of those personal rainclouds , the Phoenix Coyotes are actually a pretty well-run team. (grantland.com)
- Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, census metropolitan areas in which 91 coyote carcasses were collected during 2009-2011 and tested for Echinococcus multilocularis . (nih.gov)
- Fecal samples and the gastrointestinal tracts (GIT) from 43 coyote carcasses were collected from hunters and trappers across 8 counties. (bvsalud.org)
- Born and raised in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Ivan Coyote is an award-winning author of eight collections of short stories, one novel, three CD's, four short films and a renowned performer, Ivan's first love is live storytelling, and over the last nineteen years they have become an audience favorite at music, poetry, spoken word and writer's festivals from Anchorage to Amsterdam. (nih.gov)
- The coyote is highly adaptable and readily tolerates living near humans ( 2 ). (cdc.gov)
- The foxpen had housed 20-25 coyotes, which were reported to have been captured in Florida during February 1994 and placed in the pen during the same month with gray foxes and raccoons. (cdc.gov)
- The likely reason, the researchers said, is that more coyotes mean fewer small predators such as opossums , raccoons and, especially, domestic cats. (nwf.org)
- coyotes are the top predators in ecosystems, and raccoons are only 1 of several mesocarnivores. (cdc.gov)
- In addition, humans have helped the animals spread by converting forests to more hospitable open lands and by killing off cougars , wolves and other large predators that once competed with or preyed on coyotes. (nwf.org)
- Medium-sized carnivores that weigh in at about 25 to 45 pounds, coyotes also "occupy a sweet spot in terms of size," says Brent Patterson , a research scientist with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry who has studied the predators since the 1990s. (nwf.org)
- While the impact of coyote expansion is complex, there is evidence the carnivores can benefit some wildlife, especially birds, by keeping other predators at bay. (nwf.org)
- Thus coyotes "restore a balance of nature by controlling invasive predators," Kays says. (nwf.org)
- In Chicago, biologists with the Urban Coyote Research Program analyzed more than 1,400 coyote scat samples to determine what the predators eat. (nwf.org)
- In 2009, the NHL assumed control of the Coyotes when then-owner Jerry Moyes filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on his team's behalf. (grantland.com)
- The parasite is found in coyotes and foxes but can spread to rats and then to domestic dogs and cats that eat infected rodents. (medscape.com)
- For decades, the scientific community was amazed at the discrepancy between the infection in foxes and coyotes in Canada and the USA and the near absence of human cases," said Vuitton. (medscape.com)
- There are thought to be maybe 500 coyotes in the city of Edmonton ― in the park and river valley and ravines ― and the proportion that are carrying this parasite is very high: in one Edmonton park, it was 80%, which is much higher than in foxes, which are the reservoir host in Europe. (medscape.com)
- Because the raccoon rabies virus (RRV) variant is endemic to Massachusetts and spillover into the coyote population occurs ( 3 ), coyotes are a potential source of rabies exposure for humans. (cdc.gov)
- Employees have related their stories of seeing coyotes in their neighborhoods. (nih.gov)
- This is really not surprising since coyotes currently occupy all 100 counties in North Carolina. (nih.gov)
- Despite a difficult working relationship with the Phoenix suburb of Glendale, the Coyotes were able to secure a year-to-year arrangement to play in the facility until the end of the 2021-22 season. (wikipedia.org)
- During the Stanley Cup playoffs last May, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman held a press conference to announce a new no- really -this-time-you-guys moneyman who would be buying the Coyotes: Jamison, a former San Jose Sharks executive. (grantland.com)
- Differential interference contrast micrograph of a representative Echinococcus multilocularis isolate from a coyote carcass in Alberta, Canada, October 2009-July 2011. (nih.gov)
- In a landmark 1999 study published in Nature, scientists in southeastern California found that patches of sage-scrub habitat with resident coyotes had a higher diversity of native birds , including California quail, spotted towhee and Bewick's and cactus wrens, than patches without coyotes. (nwf.org)
- berkhoffii seroprevalence found in 869 California coyotes between 1994-1998. (cdc.gov)
- Liam O'Brien went to the penalty box 12 seconds after Fischer's goal, and Nichushkin made the Coyotes pay with a power-play goal with assists from Rantanen and Devon Toews. (tsn.ca)
- Among 97 nonrabid coyotes, 7 had reportedly been in contact with humans and domestic animals. (cdc.gov)
- Among the 10 rabid coyotes, 4 were reported to have been in contact with humans and domestic animals. (cdc.gov)
- The following were significantly associated with a positive rabies test result for submitted coyotes: having had contact both with humans and with domestic or companion animals, having attacked a person without provocation, having fought with dogs, and having bitten either a person or domestic animal. (cdc.gov)
- The nature of coyotes is to be secretive and out of sight, not seeking the presence of humans. (nih.gov)
- It seems to be doing very well in the wild here, so that has implications for human exposure," agreed Houston, who noted that Albertan coyotes are quite urbanized and can spread the eggs via feces to domestic pets and humans. (medscape.com)
- But the Coyotes (who were the Winnipeg Jets until they relocated south in 1996) had had significant issues almost right from the start. (grantland.com)
- Rabies in the five dogs tested was confirmed at CDC, and the isolates were identified as the variant associated with coyotes in south Texas (1). (cdc.gov)
- Rabies in coyotes has emerged in Massachusetts at the same time that coyote and human populations have increased. (cdc.gov)
- Of the 111 coyotes submitted for rabies testing, 4 (3.6%) were unsatisfactory because of decomposed brain tissue. (cdc.gov)
- Because a rabid wild animal would go untested if a human or domestic animal had not had potentially infectious contact with it, the 10 coyotes with confirmed rabies likely represented only some portion of all rabid coyotes in Massachusetts during the study period. (cdc.gov)
- The proportion of coyotes with positive rabies test results varied by type of contact as follows: fight (5/11), handling (1/26), unprovoked attack (2/4), and unknown (2/47). (cdc.gov)
- This association between aggressive behavior and a positive rabies test result is of particular concern because of coyotes' relatively large size, their dramatically increased population, and their distribution throughout the state encompassing rural, suburban, and even urban areas. (cdc.gov)
- Lt. Joe Leaphorn and Officer Jim Chee appear for the fourth time as an awkwardly-paired team in Coyote Waits. (bookrags.com)
- We tried to do too much with the puck, and (that doesn't work) against that kind of elite team," Coyotes coach Andre Tourigny said of the Avalanche's second period spurt. (tsn.ca)
- USD football plays inside the DakotaDome and Coyote fans travel far and wide to cheer on the team during football season. (usd.edu)
- The victory kept the Coyotes (15-3, 11-3) in third place in the 12-team CCAA behind Cal State Monterey Bay (18-1, 14-1) and Cal Poly Pomona (16-2, 13-1). (pasadenastarnews.com)
- For their generosity, donors will also receive one complimentary ticket to a Coyotes home game next season, a voucher for a slice of cheese pizza and a Pepsi at Streets of New York, and be entered in a raffle to win a 2019-2020 Coyotes team signed stick. (abc15.com)
- Coyotes general manager John Chayka will donate, as will head coach Rick Tocchet, and players Brad Richardson and Jason Demers. (abc15.com)
- The suspected source of infection was translocation of infected coyotes from Texas to Florida. (cdc.gov)
- USD Volleyball plays inside the Sanford Coyote Sports Center and boats the number one average fan attendance in the Summit League. (usd.edu)
- To many observers, the typically sparse attendance at Coyotes games is proof that hockey can never exist in the desert and that the NHL's foray into nontraditional markets was an ultimate failure, case closed. (grantland.com)
- In 1987, a car hit one of the animals, and it was confirmed to be a coyote pup. (nationalgeographic.com)
- There's not as much predation on domestic animals as most people think," says David Drake , a wildlife ecologist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who recently launched a long-term study of coyotes in and around that city. (nwf.org)
- But Calgary's Mikael Backlund was whistled for tripping 2:07 into the extra frame and the Coyotes took advantage of the penalty with the game-winner when Radim Vrbata fed a pass from the right of the net to the top of the left circle, where Doan blasted a one-timer past Irving. (foxnews.com)
- They will also collect a third-round pick in 2023 if Ladd, who played in just one AHL game last season and just four games for the Islanders in 2019-20 after injuring both knees in 2018-19, plays at least one game for the Coyotes in 2022-23. (newsday.com)
- IN APRIL 2015, A COYOTE MADE HEADLINES when it was spotted on the rooftop of a bar in Queens. (nwf.org)
- with him behind the bench from 2005 to 2009 the Coyotes made zero appearances in the postseason. (grantland.com)
- The Coyotes made just two of their first 13 field goal tries and the Toros (3-16, 3-12) hit just two of their first 12. (pasadenastarnews.com)
- Reports of coyotes on campus in early spring 2015, provided the opportunity to share the story of the Coywolf with employees. (nih.gov)
- That is, the Roadrunner returned to normal size, and the coyote remained in his reduced form. (everything2.com)
- Coyote Buttes North (The Wave) and Coyote Buttes South are a small part of the 112,500-acre Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness and have some of the most visually striking geologic sandstone formations in the world. (blm.gov)
- You must have a permit to visit Coyote Buttes North and Coyote Buttes South. (blm.gov)
- Coyote Buttes South is not The Wave. (blm.gov)
- You can enjoy exploring and discovering your own routes in Coyote Buttes South. (blm.gov)
- There are no designated hiking trails or specific destinations in Coyote Buttes South. (blm.gov)
- Taylor Pyatt scored in regulation for the Coyotes, who extended their season- high win streak to four games. (foxnews.com)
- The cost is minimal to the Coyotes, who still have $27 million in cap space per CapFriendly.com, as Ladd is owed just $1 million in salary for next season and $1 million in salary and a $3 million signing bonus in 2022-23. (newsday.com)
- You've got to find ways to get points," Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett said. (foxnews.com)
- White Newfoundland Coyote on display at Salmonier Nature Park. (nationalgeographic.com)
- City coyotes such as these are frequently in the public spotlight, but it's not just urban areas that have been colonized in recent decades by this uniquely North American predator. (nwf.org)
- Historically confined to the deserts and prairies of Mexico and the central United States, coyotes today inhabit nearly every part of the continent, from tundra, grasslands and forests to city parks and suburban backyards. (nwf.org)
- In more recent work, Roland Kays , head of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences' Biodiversity Lab , enlisted hundreds of citizen scientists in six eastern states to survey cats, coyotes and other mammals using camera traps at 2,117 sites, including protected wild lands, city parks and residential backyards. (nwf.org)
- In Canada, a peri-urban cycle that involves coyotes has been identified. (medscape.com)
- The Coyotes compete in the National Hockey League (NHL) as a member of the Central Division in the Western Conference and play at Mullett Arena in Tempe . (wikipedia.org)
- To visit The Wave, you will need a permit for Coyote Buttes North. (blm.gov)
- In that episode, The Coyote chased the Roadrunner through a steel tube which was large on one end, and very small on the other. (everything2.com)
- 0.05) higher for coyotes reported with fight contact and unprovoked attack behavior, respectively, than for coyotes with any other reported contact. (cdc.gov)
- With the score tied 4-4 seven minutes into the half, the Coyotes went on a 28-12 run the rest of the half with Sheppard collecting 11 points in that run. (pasadenastarnews.com)
- The Avalanche and Coyotes were the only NHL teams who were idle on Saturday. (tsn.ca)
- LOCAL COLLEGES: Coyotes roll past Dominguez Hills. (pasadenastarnews.com)
- These findings provide statistical support for anecdotal reports (from as early as 1958) of rabid coyotes showing aggression ( 6 ). (cdc.gov)