Back Pain: Acute or chronic pain located in the posterior regions of the THORAX; LUMBOSACRAL REGION; or the adjacent regions.Low Back Pain: Acute or chronic pain in the lumbar or sacral regions, which may be associated with musculo-ligamentous SPRAINS AND STRAINS; INTERVERTEBRAL DISK DISPLACEMENT; and other conditions.Back: The rear surface of an upright primate from the shoulders to the hip, or the dorsal surface of tetrapods.Couples Therapy: Psychotherapy used specifically for unmarried couples, of mixed or same sex. (From APA, Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 1994)Back Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the posterior part of the trunk. It includes injuries to the muscles of the back.Infertility: Inability to reproduce after a specified period of unprotected intercourse. Reproductive sterility is permanent infertility.Spouses: Married persons, i.e., husbands and wives, or partners. Domestic partners, or spousal equivalents, are two adults who have chosen to share their lives in an intimate and committed relationship, reside together, and share a mutual obligation of support for the basic necessities of life.Family Characteristics: Size and composition of the family.Marriage: The social institution involving legal and/or religious sanction whereby individuals are joined together.Reproductive Techniques, Assisted: Clinical and laboratory techniques used to enhance fertility in humans and animals.Infertility, Male: The inability of the male to effect FERTILIZATION of an OVUM after a specified period of unprotected intercourse. Male sterility is permanent infertility.Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.Failed Back Surgery Syndrome: A condition of persistent pain and discomfort in the BACK and the LEG following lumbar surgery, often seen in patients enrolled in pain centers.Marital Therapy: A form of psychotherapy involving the husband and wife and directed to improving the marital relationship.Heterosexuality: The sexual attraction or relationship between members of the opposite SEX.Pain Measurement: Scales, questionnaires, tests, and other methods used to assess pain severity and duration in patients or experimental animals to aid in diagnosis, therapy, and physiological studies.Fertilization in Vitro: An assisted reproductive technique that includes the direct handling and manipulation of oocytes and sperm to achieve fertilization in vitro.Sexual Partners: Married or single individuals who share sexual relations.Interpersonal Relations: The reciprocal interaction of two or more persons.Lumbar Vertebrae: VERTEBRAE in the region of the lower BACK below the THORACIC VERTEBRAE and above the SACRAL VERTEBRAE.Abortion, Habitual: Three or more consecutive spontaneous abortions.Preimplantation Diagnosis: Determination of the nature of a pathological condition or disease in the OVUM; ZYGOTE; or BLASTOCYST prior to implantation. CYTOGENETIC ANALYSIS is performed to determine the presence or absence of genetic disease.Sperm Injections, Intracytoplasmic: An assisted fertilization technique consisting of the microinjection of a single viable sperm into an extracted ovum. It is used principally to overcome low sperm count, low sperm motility, inability of sperm to penetrate the egg, or other conditions related to male infertility (INFERTILITY, MALE).Pregnancy Rate: The ratio of the number of conceptions (CONCEPTION) including LIVE BIRTH; STILLBIRTH; and fetal losses, to the mean number of females of reproductive age in a population during a set time period.Lumbosacral Region: Region of the back including the LUMBAR VERTEBRAE, SACRUM, and nearby structures.Lifting: Moving or bringing something from a lower level to a higher one. The concept encompasses biomechanic stresses resulting from work done in transferring objects from one plane to another as well as the effects of varying techniques of patient handling and transfer.Questionnaires: Predetermined sets of questions used to collect data - clinical data, social status, occupational group, etc. The term is often applied to a self-completed survey instrument.HIV Seronegativity: Immune status consisting of non-production of HIV antibodies, as determined by various serological tests.Insemination, Artificial, Homologous: Human artificial insemination in which the husband's semen is used.Disability Evaluation: Determination of the degree of a physical, mental, or emotional handicap. The diagnosis is applied to legal qualification for benefits and income under disability insurance and to eligibility for Social Security and workmen's compensation benefits.Chronic Pain: Aching sensation that persists for more than a few months. It may or may not be associated with trauma or disease, and may persist after the initial injury has healed. Its localization, character, and timing are more vague than with acute pain.HIV Seropositivity: Development of neutralizing antibodies in individuals who have been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV/HTLV-III/LAV).Time-to-Pregnancy: Time interval, or number of non-contraceptive menstrual cycles that it takes for a couple to conceive.Infertility, Female: Diminished or absent ability of a female to achieve conception.Embryo Disposition: Utilization or disposal of an embryo that is fertilized but not immediately transplanted and resulting course of action.Time Factors: Elements of limited time intervals, contributing to particular results or situations.Fertility: The capacity to conceive or to induce conception. It may refer to either the male or female.Spermatozoa: Mature male germ cells derived from SPERMATIDS. As spermatids move toward the lumen of the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES, they undergo extensive structural changes including the loss of cytoplasm, condensation of CHROMATIN into the SPERM HEAD, formation of the ACROSOME cap, the SPERM MIDPIECE and the SPERM TAIL that provides motility.HIV Serosorting: The practice of making choices about SEXUAL PARTNERS based on their HIV status.Neck Pain: Discomfort or more intense forms of pain that are localized to the cervical region. This term generally refers to pain in the posterior or lateral regions of the neck.Semen Analysis: The quality of SEMEN, an indicator of male fertility, can be determined by semen volume, pH, sperm concentration (SPERM COUNT), total sperm number, sperm viability, sperm vigor (SPERM MOTILITY), normal sperm morphology, ACROSOME integrity, and the concentration of WHITE BLOOD CELLS.Surrogate Mothers: Women who allow themselves to be impregnated with the understanding that the offspring are to be given over to the parents who have commissioned the surrogate.Semen: The thick, yellowish-white, viscid fluid secretion of male reproductive organs discharged upon ejaculation. In addition to reproductive organ secretions, it contains SPERMATOZOA and their nutrient plasma.Embryo Transfer: The transfer of mammalian embryos from an in vivo or in vitro environment to a suitable host to improve pregnancy or gestational outcome in human or animal. In human fertility treatment programs, preimplantation embryos ranging from the 4-cell stage to the blastocyst stage are transferred to the uterine cavity between 3-5 days after FERTILIZATION IN VITRO.Negotiating: The process of bargaining in order to arrive at an agreement or compromise on a matter of importance to the parties involved. It also applies to the hearing and determination of a case by a third party chosen by the parties in controversy, as well as the interposing of a third party to reconcile the parties in controversy.Physical Therapy Modalities: Therapeutic modalities frequently used in PHYSICAL THERAPY SPECIALTY by PHYSICAL THERAPISTS or physiotherapists to promote, maintain, or restore the physical and physiological well-being of an individual.Chiropractic: An occupational discipline founded by D.D. Palmer in the 1890's based on the relationship of the spine to health and disease.Occupational Diseases: Diseases caused by factors involved in one's employment.Molecular Sequence Data: Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.Love: Affection; in psychiatry commonly refers to pleasure, particularly as it applies to gratifying experiences between individuals.Signal Transduction: The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.Spinal DiseasesModels, Biological: Theoretical representations that simulate the behavior or activity of biological processes or diseases. For disease models in living animals, DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL is available. Biological models include the use of mathematical equations, computers, and other electronic equipment.Genetic Counseling: An educational process that provides information and advice to individuals or families about a genetic condition that may affect them. The purpose is to help individuals make informed decisions about marriage, reproduction, and other health management issues based on information about the genetic disease, the available diagnostic tests, and management programs. Psychosocial support is usually offered.Oocyte Donation: Transfer of preovulatory oocytes from donor to a suitable host. Oocytes are collected, fertilized in vitro, and transferred to a host that can be human or animal.Insemination, Artificial: Artificial introduction of SEMEN or SPERMATOZOA into the VAGINA to facilitate FERTILIZATION.Pregnancy Outcome: Results of conception and ensuing pregnancy, including LIVE BIRTH; STILLBIRTH; SPONTANEOUS ABORTION; INDUCED ABORTION. The outcome may follow natural or artificial insemination or any of the various ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES, such as EMBRYO TRANSFER or FERTILIZATION IN VITRO.Manipulation, Spinal: Adjustment and manipulation of the vertebral column.Sex Counseling: Advice and support given to individuals to help them understand and resolve their sexual adjustment problems. It excludes treatment for PSYCHOSEXUAL DISORDERS or PSYCHOSEXUAL DYSFUNCTION.Prospective Studies: Observation of a population for a sufficient number of persons over a sufficient number of years to generate incidence or mortality rates subsequent to the selection of the study group.Extramarital Relations: Voluntary SEXUAL INTERCOURSE between a married person and someone other than the SPOUSE.Human Engineering: The science of designing, building or equipping mechanical devices or artificial environments to the anthropometric, physiological, or psychological requirements of the people who will use them.Posture: The position or attitude of the body.Oxidation-Reduction: A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).Sperm Count: A count of SPERM in the ejaculum, expressed as number per milliliter.HIV Infections: Includes the spectrum of human immunodeficiency virus infections that range from asymptomatic seropositivity, thru AIDS-related complex (ARC), to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).Counseling: The giving of advice and assistance to individuals with educational or personal problems.Spine: The spinal or vertebral column.Adoption: Voluntary acceptance of a child of other parents to be as one's own child, usually with legal confirmation.Intervertebral Disc: Any of the 23 plates of fibrocartilage found between the bodies of adjacent VERTEBRAE.Protein Binding: The process in which substances, either endogenous or exogenous, bind to proteins, peptides, enzymes, protein precursors, or allied compounds. Specific protein-binding measures are often used as assays in diagnostic assessments.GTP-Binding Proteins: Regulatory proteins that act as molecular switches. They control a wide range of biological processes including: receptor signaling, intracellular signal transduction pathways, and protein synthesis. Their activity is regulated by factors that control their ability to bind to and hydrolyze GTP to GDP. EC 3.6.1.-.Prenatal Diagnosis: Determination of the nature of a pathological condition or disease in the postimplantation EMBRYO; FETUS; or pregnant female before birth.Amino Acid Sequence: The order of amino acids as they occur in a polypeptide chain. This is referred to as the primary structure of proteins. It is of fundamental importance in determining PROTEIN CONFORMATION.Sperm Motility: Movement characteristics of SPERMATOZOA in a fresh specimen. It is measured as the percentage of sperms that are moving, and as the percentage of sperms with productive flagellar motion such as rapid, linear, and forward progression.Personal Satisfaction: The individual's experience of a sense of fulfillment of a need or want and the quality or state of being satisfied.Adaptation, Psychological: A state of harmony between internal needs and external demands and the processes used in achieving this condition. (From APA Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, 8th ed)Family Conflict: Struggle or disagreement between parents, parent and child or other members of a family.Mutation: Any detectable and heritable change in the genetic material that causes a change in the GENOTYPE and which is transmitted to daughter cells and to succeeding generations.Reproductive Techniques: Methods pertaining to the generation of new individuals, including techniques used in selective BREEDING, cloning (CLONING, ORGANISM), and assisted reproduction (REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES, ASSISTED).Sacroiliac Joint: The immovable joint formed by the lateral surfaces of the SACRUM and ILIUM.Zambia: A republic in southern Africa, south of DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO and TANZANIA, and north of ZIMBABWE. Its capital is Lusaka. It was formerly called Northern Rhodesia.Kinetics: The rate dynamics in chemical or physical systems.Rwanda: A republic in eastern Africa, south of UGANDA, east of DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO, west of TANZANIA. Its capital is Kigali. It was formerly part of the Belgian trust territory of Ruanda-Urund.Back Muscles: Musculature of the BACK.Reproductive Behavior: Human behavior or decision related to REPRODUCTION.Sexual Behavior: Sexual activities of humans.Risk Factors: An aspect of personal behavior or lifestyle, environmental exposure, or inborn or inherited characteristic, which, on the basis of epidemiologic evidence, is known to be associated with a health-related condition considered important to prevent.Exercise Therapy: A regimen or plan of physical activities designed and prescribed for specific therapeutic goals. Its purpose is to restore normal musculoskeletal function or to reduce pain caused by diseases or injuries.Prevalence: The total number of cases of a given disease in a specified population at a designated time. It is differentiated from INCIDENCE, which refers to the number of new cases in the population at a given time.Spouse Abuse: Deliberate severe and repeated injury to one domestic partner by the other.Fertilization: The fusion of a spermatozoon (SPERMATOZOA) with an OVUM thus resulting in the formation of a ZYGOTE.Cross-Sectional Studies: Studies in which the presence or absence of disease or other health-related variables are determined in each member of the study population or in a representative sample at one particular time. This contrasts with LONGITUDINAL STUDIES which are followed over a period of time.Follow-Up Studies: Studies in which individuals or populations are followed to assess the outcome of exposures, procedures, or effects of a characteristic, e.g., occurrence of disease.Sick Leave: An absence from work permitted because of illness or the number of days per year for which an employer agrees to pay employees who are sick. (Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1981)Stress, Psychological: Stress wherein emotional factors predominate.Heterozygote Detection: Identification of genetic carriers for a given trait.Cohort Studies: Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.Models, Molecular: Models used experimentally or theoretically to study molecular shape, electronic properties, or interactions; includes analogous molecules, computer-generated graphics, and mechanical structures.Musculoskeletal Diseases: Diseases of the muscles and their associated ligaments and other connective tissue and of the bones and cartilage viewed collectively.Biomechanical Phenomena: The properties, processes, and behavior of biological systems under the action of mechanical forces.Coitus: The sexual union of a male and a female, a term used for human only.Intervertebral Disc Degeneration: Degenerative changes in the INTERVERTEBRAL DISC due to aging or structural damage, especially to the vertebral end-plates.Protein Structure, Tertiary: The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.Abortion, Spontaneous: Expulsion of the product of FERTILIZATION before completing the term of GESTATION and without deliberate interference.Oligospermia: A condition of suboptimal concentration of SPERMATOZOA in the ejaculated SEMEN to ensure successful FERTILIZATION of an OVUM. In humans, oligospermia is defined as a sperm count below 20 million per milliliter semen.Family Planning Services: Health care programs or services designed to assist individuals in the planning of family size. Various methods of CONTRACEPTION can be used to control the number and timing of childbirths.Zygapophyseal Joint: The joint that occurs between facets of the interior and superior articular processes of adjacent VERTEBRAE.Cell Line: Established cell cultures that have the potential to propagate indefinitely.Manipulation, Chiropractic: Procedures used by chiropractors to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints.Live Birth: The event that a FETUS is born alive with heartbeats or RESPIRATION regardless of GESTATIONAL AGE. Such liveborn is called a newborn infant (INFANT, NEWBORN).National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.): A component of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with research, overall planning, promoting, and administering mental health programs and research. It was established in 1949.Acute Pain: Intensely discomforting, distressful, or agonizing sensation associated with trauma or disease, with well-defined location, character, and timing.Ovulation Induction: Techniques for the artifical induction of ovulation, the rupture of the follicle and release of the ovum.Homosexuality, Female: Sexual attraction or relationship between females.Premarital Examinations: Medical tests taken by couples planning to be married in order to determine presence of genetic and contagious diseases.Cryopreservation: Preservation of cells, tissues, organs, or embryos by freezing. In histological preparations, cryopreservation or cryofixation is used to maintain the existing form, structure, and chemical composition of all the constituent elements of the specimens.Fathers: Male parents, human or animal.Binding Sites: The parts of a macromolecule that directly participate in its specific combination with another molecule.Reproducibility of Results: The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.Radiculopathy: Disease involving a spinal nerve root (see SPINAL NERVE ROOTS) which may result from compression related to INTERVERTEBRAL DISK DISPLACEMENT; SPINAL CORD INJURIES; SPINAL DISEASES; and other conditions. Clinical manifestations include radicular pain, weakness, and sensory loss referable to structures innervated by the involved nerve root.Birth Rate: The number of births in a given population per year or other unit of time.Divorce: Legal dissolution of an officially recognized marriage relationship.Pertussis Toxin: One of the virulence factors produced by BORDETELLA PERTUSSIS. It is a multimeric protein composed of five subunits S1 - S5. S1 contains mono ADPribose transferase activity.Absenteeism: Chronic absence from work or other duty.Gender Identity: A person's concept of self as being male and masculine or female and feminine, or ambivalent, based in part on physical characteristics, parental responses, and psychological and social pressures. It is the internal experience of gender role.Genetic Testing: Detection of a MUTATION; GENOTYPE; KARYOTYPE; or specific ALLELES associated with genetic traits, heritable diseases, or predisposition to a disease, or that may lead to the disease in descendants. It includes prenatal genetic testing.Calcium: A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.Cell Membrane: The lipid- and protein-containing, selectively permeable membrane that surrounds the cytoplasm in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.Family Relations: Behavioral, psychological, and social relations among various members of the nuclear family and the extended family.Diskectomy: Excision, in part or whole, of an INTERVERTEBRAL DISC. The most common indication is disk displacement or herniation. In addition to standard surgical removal, it can be performed by percutaneous diskectomy (DISKECTOMY, PERCUTANEOUS) or by laparoscopic diskectomy, the former being the more common.Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice: Knowledge, attitudes, and associated behaviors which pertain to health-related topics such as PATHOLOGIC PROCESSES or diseases, their prevention, and treatment. This term refers to non-health workers and health workers (HEALTH PERSONNEL).Longitudinal Studies: Studies in which variables relating to an individual or group of individuals are assessed over a period of time.GTP-Binding Protein alpha Subunits, Gi-Go: A family of heterotrimeric GTP-binding protein alpha subunits that were originally identified by their ability to inhibit ADENYLYL CYCLASES. Members of this family can couple to beta and gamma G-protein subunits that activate POTASSIUM CHANNELS. The Gi-Go part of the name is also spelled Gi/Go.Outcome Assessment (Health Care): Research aimed at assessing the quality and effectiveness of health care as measured by the attainment of a specified end result or outcome. Measures include parameters such as improved health, lowered morbidity or mortality, and improvement of abnormal states (such as elevated blood pressure).Azoospermia: A condition of having no sperm present in the ejaculate (SEMEN).Base Sequence: The sequence of PURINES and PYRIMIDINES in nucleic acids and polynucleotides. It is also called nucleotide sequence.Embryo Research: Experimentation on, or using the organs or tissues from, a human or other mammalian conceptus during the prenatal stage of development that is characterized by rapid morphological changes and the differentiation of basic structures. In humans, this includes the period from the time of fertilization to the end of the eighth week after fertilization.Disease Transmission, Infectious: The transmission of infectious disease or pathogens. When transmission is within the same species, the mode can be horizontal or vertical (INFECTIOUS DISEASE TRANSMISSION, VERTICAL).Contraception Behavior: Behavior patterns of those practicing CONTRACEPTION.Decision Making: The process of making a selective intellectual judgment when presented with several complex alternatives consisting of several variables, and usually defining a course of action or an idea.Adenosine Triphosphate: An adenine nucleotide containing three phosphate groups esterified to the sugar moiety. In addition to its crucial roles in metabolism adenosine triphosphate is a neurotransmitter.Interviews as Topic: Conversations with an individual or individuals held in order to obtain information about their background and other personal biographical data, their attitudes and opinions, etc. It includes school admission or job interviews.Phosphorylation: The introduction of a phosphoryl group into a compound through the formation of an ester bond between the compound and a phosphorus moiety.Disclosure: Revealing of information, by oral or written communication.Protein Conformation: The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).Pregnancy, Multiple: The condition of carrying two or more FETUSES simultaneously.Condoms: A sheath that is worn over the penis during sexual behavior in order to prevent pregnancy or spread of sexually transmitted disease.Virulence Factors, Bordetella: A set of BACTERIAL ADHESINS and TOXINS, BIOLOGICAL produced by BORDETELLA organisms that determine the pathogenesis of BORDETELLA INFECTIONS, such as WHOOPING COUGH. They include filamentous hemagglutinin; FIMBRIAE PROTEINS; pertactin; PERTUSSIS TOXIN; ADENYLATE CYCLASE TOXIN; dermonecrotic toxin; tracheal cytotoxin; Bordetella LIPOPOLYSACCHARIDES; and tracheal colonization factor.GTP-Binding Protein alpha Subunits, Gs: A family of heterotrimeric GTP-binding protein alpha subunits that activate ADENYLYL CYCLASES.Contraceptive Agents: Chemical substances that prevent or reduce the probability of CONCEPTION.Sexual Dysfunctions, Psychological: Disturbances in sexual desire and the psychophysiologic changes that characterize the sexual response cycle and cause marked distress and interpersonal difficulty. (APA, DSM-IV, 1994)Retrospective Studies: Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.Pain: An unpleasant sensation induced by noxious stimuli which are detected by NERVE ENDINGS of NOCICEPTIVE NEURONS.Oocytes: Female germ cells derived from OOGONIA and termed OOCYTES when they enter MEIOSIS. The primary oocytes begin meiosis but are arrested at the diplotene state until OVULATION at PUBERTY to give rise to haploid secondary oocytes or ova (OVUM).Patient Satisfaction: The degree to which the individual regards the health care service or product or the manner in which it is delivered by the provider as useful, effective, or beneficial.Physical Examination: Systematic and thorough inspection of the patient for physical signs of disease or abnormality.Reproductive Medicine: A medical-surgical specialty concerned with the morphology, physiology, biochemistry, and pathology of reproduction in man and other animals, and on the biological, medical, and veterinary problems of fertility and lactation. It includes ovulation induction, diagnosis of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss, and assisted reproductive technologies such as embryo transfer, in vitro fertilization, and intrafallopian transfer of zygotes. (From Infertility and Reproductive Medicine Clinics of North America, Foreword 1990; Journal of Reproduction and Fertility, Notice to Contributors, Jan 1979)Age Factors: Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.Cells, Cultured: Cells propagated in vitro in special media conducive to their growth. Cultured cells are used to study developmental, morphologic, metabolic, physiologic, and genetic processes, among others.Social Support: Support systems that provide assistance and encouragement to individuals with physical or emotional disabilities in order that they may better cope. Informal social support is usually provided by friends, relatives, or peers, while formal assistance is provided by churches, groups, etc.Uganda: A republic in eastern Africa, south of SUDAN and west of KENYA. Its capital is Kampala.Netherlands: Country located in EUROPE. It is bordered by the NORTH SEA, BELGIUM, and GERMANY. Constituent areas are Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten, formerly included in the NETHERLANDS ANTILLES.Communication: The exchange or transmission of ideas, attitudes, or beliefs between individuals or groups.Attitude: An enduring, learned predisposition to behave in a consistent way toward a given class of objects, or a persistent mental and/or neural state of readiness to react to a certain class of objects, not as they are but as they are conceived to be.Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Non-invasive method of demonstrating internal anatomy based on the principle that atomic nuclei in a strong magnetic field absorb pulses of radiofrequency energy and emit them as radiowaves which can be reconstructed into computerized images. The concept includes proton spin tomographic techniques.Sex Preselection: Methods for controlling genetic SEX of offspring.Movement: The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.Escherichia coli: A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.Spinal Fusion: Operative immobilization or ankylosis of two or more vertebrae by fusion of the vertebral bodies with a short bone graft or often with diskectomy or laminectomy. (From Blauvelt & Nelson, A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology, 5th ed, p236; Dorland, 28th ed)Conflict (Psychology): The internal individual struggle resulting from incompatible or opposing needs, drives, or external and internal demands. In group interactions, competitive or opposing action of incompatibles: antagonistic state or action (as of divergent ideas, interests, or persons). (from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th ed)Parents: Persons functioning as natural, adoptive, or substitute parents. The heading includes the concept of parenthood as well as preparation for becoming a parent.GTP-Binding Protein alpha Subunits, Gq-G11: A family of heterotrimeric GTP-binding protein alpha subunits that activate TYPE C PHOSPHOLIPASES dependent signaling pathways. The Gq-G11 part of the name is also spelled Gq/G11.Osteoarthritis, Spine: A degenerative joint disease involving the SPINE. It is characterized by progressive deterioration of the spinal articular cartilage (CARTILAGE, ARTICULAR), usually with hardening of the subchondral bone and outgrowth of bone spurs (OSTEOPHYTE).Quality of Life: A generic concept reflecting concern with the modification and enhancement of life attributes, e.g., physical, political, moral and social environment; the overall condition of a human life.Microinjections: The injection of very small amounts of fluid, often with the aid of a microscope and microsyringes.Thoracic Vertebrae: A group of twelve VERTEBRAE connected to the ribs that support the upper trunk region.Acupuncture: The occupational discipline of the traditional Chinese methods of ACUPUNCTURE THERAPY for treating disease by inserting needles along specific pathways or meridians.Membrane Proteins: Proteins which are found in membranes including cellular and intracellular membranes. They consist of two types, peripheral and integral proteins. They include most membrane-associated enzymes, antigenic proteins, transport proteins, and drug, hormone, and lectin receptors.Manipulation, Orthopedic: The planned and carefully managed manual movement of the musculoskeletal system, extremities, and spine to produce increased motion. The term is sometimes used to denote a precise sequence of movements of a joint to determine the presence of disease or to reduce a dislocation. In the case of fractures, orthopedic manipulation can produce better position and alignment of the fracture. (From Blauvelt & Nelson, A Manual of Orthopaedic Terminology, 5th ed, p264)Logistic Models: Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.Sacrum: Five fused VERTEBRAE forming a triangle-shaped structure at the back of the PELVIS. It articulates superiorly with the LUMBAR VERTEBRAE, inferiorly with the COCCYX, and anteriorly with the ILIUM of the PELVIS. The sacrum strengthens and stabilizes the PELVIS.Homosexuality, Male: Sexual attraction or relationship between males.DenmarkManipulation, Osteopathic: Musculoskeletal manipulation based on the principles of OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE developed in 1874 by Dr Andrew Taylor Still.Contraception: Prevention of CONCEPTION by blocking fertility temporarily, or permanently (STERILIZATION, REPRODUCTIVE). Common means of reversible contraception include NATURAL FAMILY PLANNING METHODS; CONTRACEPTIVE AGENTS; or CONTRACEPTIVE DEVICES.Voluntary Programs: Programs in which participation is not required.Karyotyping: Mapping of the KARYOTYPE of a cell.Patient Acceptance of Health Care: The seeking and acceptance by patients of health service.Psychophysiology: The study of the physiological basis of human and animal behavior.Potentiometry: Solution titration in which the end point is read from the electrode-potential variations with the concentrations of potential determining ions. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Enzyme Activation: Conversion of an inactive form of an enzyme to one possessing metabolic activity. It includes 1, activation by ions (activators); 2, activation by cofactors (coenzymes); and 3, conversion of an enzyme precursor (proenzyme or zymogen) to an active enzyme.Embryo Implantation: Endometrial implantation of EMBRYO, MAMMALIAN at the BLASTOCYST stage.United StatesChromosome Aberrations: Abnormal number or structure of chromosomes. Chromosome aberrations may result in CHROMOSOME DISORDERS.Reproductive Rights: Reproductive rights rest on the recognition of the basic right of all couples and individuals to decide freely and responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so, and the right to attain the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health. They also include the right of all to make decisions concerning reproduction free of discrimination, coercion and violence.Torso: The central part of the body to which the neck and limbs are attached.Natural Family Planning Methods: A class of natural contraceptive methods in which SEXUAL ABSTINENCE is practiced a few days before and after the estimated day of ovulation, during the fertile phase. Methods for determining the fertile period or OVULATION DETECTION are based on various physiological indicators, such as circulating hormones, changes in cervical mucus (CERVIX MUCUS), and the basal body temperature.Pilot Projects: Small-scale tests of methods and procedures to be used on a larger scale if the pilot study demonstrates that these methods and procedures can work.Spondylolisthesis: Forward displacement of a superior vertebral body over the vertebral body below.Consanguinity: The magnitude of INBREEDING in humans.
... parishioner seeking counseling; In Australia, it must be noted that the categories of fiduciary relationships are not closed. ... involving essentially a sale to a person coupled with an agreement that the purchaser should sell the property back upon the ... It is unnecessary that the principal would have been unable to make the profit; if the fiduciary makes a profit, by virtue of ... The person who made the bribe cannot recover it, since he has committed a crime. Similarly, the fiduciary, who received the ...
Couples are counseled and thoroughly informed of family planning practices. Contraceptives are advised and supplied. This ... The PDA is committed to making termination procedures, counseling, information, and contraceptives widely accessible and ... Initially, the PDA sought to reduce population growth by focusing on efforts both to combat child mortality and to encourage ... These representatives then relay the training back to their own companies and provid resources and information to HIV positive ...
Lily finds out and they begin couples counseling. Later, Daniel becomes involved in more schemes including burying a dead body ... All is well until Alex returns, seeking money from Daniel and Kevin, or he will tell Lily about their scheme to drug and rape ... However, both are still objective to Daniel and Lily, demanding she go back to boarding school. This causes Daniel and Lily to ... Sherwood expressed unconcern in taking the place of an actress who took part in creating the popular Daniel and Lily romance. " ...
Although he had been counseled to merely water it down, Medina sought to stop the bill altogether. Medina, who had little ... She followed Medina to California, Florida, Ohio, and back to California again. The couple were married at Medina's mother's ... My interest was building a farmworkers union. The goal was not building a farmworkers movement per se. It created a lot of ... and pushed the union to organize home healthcare workers by seeking legislative changes that would make the government the " ...
Through friends, Cook made it known that he wanted to be chairman of the SEC. He won the backing of both White House Chief of ... The couple had a daughter, Jennifer, in 1975. Cook was very active in Republican Party politics (as was his father). A friend ... He was also general counsel of Empower IT, a company that provided data management services in the packaged-goods industry. The ... Casey, once an intelligence officer himself, resigned from the SEC to seek the CIA position. ...
He also represented 13 same-sex couples seeking the right to marry in New York State. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a ... The bill, signed into law by Mayor Michael Bloomberg in March 2008, made harassment of tenants by landlords a violation of the ... Garodnick spearheaded a $4.5 billion tenant-backed bid to purchase Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village on behalf of the ... In May 2008, Garodnick married Zoe Segal-Reichlin, associate general counsel of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. ...
... a marriage contract option that compels couples to seek counseling if problems develop during the marriage, provides limited ... Jefferson, James (June 16, 1999). "Voters Back Huckabee's Road Plan: 'Build Now, Pay Later' Parts With Tradition." The ... After Hurricane Katrina made landfall in August 2005, an estimated 70,000 evacuees fled to Arkansas and Huckabee ordered state ... Huckabee said the law, "offers couples a chance to be held to a higher level of marital commitment." He and his wife converted ...
The commission's counsel, John Day, had defended Wong Ma-chow. Anstey was later suspended and sent back to Britain. Anstey went ... The couple had 12 children and over 20 adopted children of Chinese descent. He died in Hong Kong on 2 October 1875 and buried ... On this site was later built Alice Memorial Hospital and the Hong Kong College of Medicine and To Tsai Church where Dr. Sun Yat ... so eagerly sought after, as at Hong Kong." The inquiry found decisively against Caldwell on the charge of preventing the course ...
Counsel for Teitiota sought leave to appeal the judgment of the Tribunal on questions of law unsuccessfully in the High Court ... The couple have two children who were born in New Zealand but are not entitled to New Zealand citizenship. After being arrested ... The sixth question concerned whether the Tribunal had made an error of law by finding that in Kiribati supplies of food and ... In September 2015 Teitiota was placed in police custody and deported back to Kiribati. Teitiota's case gained international ...
McCrery did not seek reelection in 2008 and was replaced as Representative by John C. Fleming, a fellow Republican. McCrery was ... The couple has two sons, Scott and Otis McCrery. The McCrerys subsequently divorced. McCrery is a United Methodist. In August ... "Congressman McCrery Moving Back To Shreveport". KTBS-TV. 2006-07. Retrieved August 17, 2014. Check date values in: ,date= (help ... In January 2009, McCrery joined a top lobbying firm, Capitol Counsel in Washington, D.C. He is the lead Republican in the ...
Kajak suggests they seek guidance from Paxton's old mentor Ras Thavas, the so-called "master-mind of Mars," formerly villainous ... Together, the Sheas and Thavas succeed in tracking down Malambroso, first on thoat-back to Zodanga, and then by flier to the ... Thavas consents to aid the couple in return for some professional help from psychologist Shea; having previously had Paxton ... Over the course of their journey, Shea counsels the irascible genius successfully. Barsoom is found to be somewhat divergent ...
If we make it so simple to get diagnosed as "disabled" by PTSD, we shouldn't be surprised that so many people get diagnosed. ... Hey man,' he said, 'have you applied for PTSD benefits yet? You can get a couple thousand a month. All you have to do is go to ... Congress sought to clarify and better specify provisions of the law in 1919 amendments to the original bill. Since that year, ... I ran into John a few years back for the first time since the early 1970s when we both returned to Michigan from Vietnam. But ...
On 3 March 2014, legal counsel for Williamson declined to seek a bail extension and Williamson was imprisoned. He was sentenced ... hunt them down too to make sure they pay back what they took from the hardworking men and women of the Health Services Union ... we know that this happened because it's the lesson for us is making sure it never happens again and never allowing a couple of ... and sought counsel from the President of the New South Wales Bar Association to select an independent panel of experts to ...
The couple live in New York City with their son. She is active in her synagogue and is co-chair of the board of the Gay Men's ... Windsor went to gay rights advocates seeking redress, but could find no one to take her case. She was referred to Kaplan, who ... Her scholarly articles include "Proof versus Prejudice" (2013). Kaplan joined Paul Weiss in 1996 and was made partner in 1999. ... Kaplan had been co-counsel on the unsuccessful bid for marriage equality in New York state in 2006. In a spirited exchange ...
Testing enables women and couples to make a decision as to whether or not to continue with their pregnancy, and helps provide ... Any person may seek out genetic counseling for a condition they may have inherited from their biological parents. A woman, if ... Often counselors will call out results to avoid patients having to come back in as results can take weeks to be processed. If ... Genetic counseling helps one to know the chances of inheritance of a genetic disorder so that people can make informed ...
The couple had two children, one boy and one girl. It was through being a mother that Watts became involved in activism. As a ... Her work led to the passage of 22 laws or amendments seeking to improve the working condition of women and children. In 1921, ... Watts reported her findings back to the Texas Legislature and recommended a series of reforms for working women and children ... McArthur, Judith N. (January 1, 1998). Creating the New Woman: The Rise of Southern Women's Progressive Culture in Texas, 1893- ...
His counsel expected the filing to be made on Wednesday, 6 May. The filing characterized the unanimous decision of the three- ... Demjanjuk's counsel thereafter stated that his client would not seek to have the entire Court consider Justice Stevens' ... He became a United Auto Workers (UAW) diesel engine mechanic at the nearby Ford automobile factory where a friend from back in ... "a couple of types of gout". To summarize the foregoing, his essential contention in his legal pleadings and public statements ...
Polk had made threats or been violent, Mr. Polk said she hadn't. In 2002, while Susan was living in Montana, Dr. Polk was able ... At trial, prosecutors sought a conviction of murder in the first degree, contending that Susan Polk planned the murder of her ... Polk, Adam, and the youngest son Gabriel drove Adam and the dog back to UCLA. Dr. Polk and Gabriel returned home at around 9:30 ... Felix Polk had drugged and raped her when she was a teenager, brainwashed the couple's children, and threatened to kill her if ...
The Division also creates a space to provide conflicting couples an option of reconciliation, to arrest the current trend of ... It also aims to provide premarital counseling for couples who are to marry, on how to lead a successful married life. In line ... and supporting the propaganda unit in creating and issuing publications. Going forward, the CCC seeks to establish ... As far back as 1969, the Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs, Ceylon in its publication "A Centenary Volume of Education ...
Consumer debt counseling and management services have been available to individuals with serious credit problems going back to ... The service must offer counseling services from a certified counselor and a plan must be created in consultation by the ... Some of these services have provided counseling coupled with assisting debtors in establishing programs to pay off debts over ... that individual will in most cases have to show that consumer debt counseling/management has been sought and attempted. This ...
"The 'Ger" ran a happy ship and even played in a couple of non-first class matches. He had been given no funds by the MCC (he ... England pulled back from being 2-0 down to square a series in the West Indies in 1953-54 despite political interference, riots ... The Yorkshireman also made bowling changes with great cunning, notably in the Fourth Test at Adelaide, and his ability to read ... Fortunately, wiser counsels prevailed and Hutton was confirmed as captain. Of the amateurs on tour Bill Edrich was an old ...
On the back of some copy of the books it says "Oscar Zeta Acosta was famous as a Robin Hood Chicano Lawyer and notorious as the ... Through Cynthia he also met a couple, Alice and Ted Casey, a sailor. While he was bedridden, Alice and Cynthia cared for the ... The two began seeing each other but when her parents found out about the relationship they made her write the narrator a note ... This character survives on drugs, alcohol, and counseling sessions until he transforms into a Chicano activist. At the end of ...
The couple records the song "Give Peace a Chance" live in their suite with Tommy Smothers, Timothy Leary, and several others. ... Best had originally sought $8 million, but ended up being awarded much less. 30 January - The Beatles perform for the last time ... 24 April - The Beatles make a $5.1 million counter offer to the Northern Songs stockholders in an attempt to keep Associated TV ... 13 September - John Lennon and Plastic Ono Band perform at the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival 12-hour music festival, backed by ...
The Queen of Sheba seeks him out to attempt to convince him to come back with her to her kingdom. She finds him alone, not too ... The couple are scheduled to marry the following day. Upon his return to the palace, Assad meets with Solomon and reveals to him ... The opera made its United States premiere at the Metropolitan Opera on 2 December 1885. Place and Time: Jerusalem and the ... After the queen leaves, Solomon counsels Assad to not pursue his infatuation but to continue with his marriage to Sulamith. The ...
The beginnings of the Houston Galveston Institute date back to the 1950s at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston ... The Houston Galveston Institute is a non-profit organization that offers a method of collaborative counseling and postmodern ... couples, families and groups. From this group, the ideas of Collaborative Language System Theory emerged. The institute ... Language creates our knowledge Knowledge and Language as Transforming - Conversations change people Postmodern is only One of ...
The controllable and uncontrollable aspects of decision making thereby are made logically separable, as pointed out in the ... "concludes and terminates counsel. Now counsel is terminated, first, by the judgment of reason; secondly, by the acceptation of ... This separation of will from action has a very long history, going back at least as far as Stoicism and the teachings of ... The researchers instead sought to identify what people believe, how many people believed it, and the effects of those beliefs. ...
What Happens in Behavioral Couples Therapy?. Improving a couples relationship while building support for recovery is one of ... Specifically, Behavioral Couples Therapy (BCT) is a type of treatment used to help both the individual who is seeking help for ... Backed By Science. A significant body of data demonstrates that Behavioral Couples Therapy is both effective and shows the ... Butch began counseling in 1989 and worked with Cumberland Heights through the 90s doing Aftercare, contract work and ...
When Statistics Sweden released 2012 numbers showing that 1 in 3 couples with small children get separated, researchers at the ... the issues had already gone so far that they could not find their way back to each other." Seek counseling or some form of ... outside support early, before resentment builds.. Addiction. This is another area in which getting help early can keep a couple ... "Many of the separated couples reported that they waited too long to seek help when there were problems," Hansson says. "Once ...
This isnt healthy.Feel free to seek couples counseling.. 2.Make your decision when feeling calm and rational . If youre angry ... If you say it, be prepared to back it up with the action, or else take the threat off the table before you make it. Discuss ... What Would Make You Quit A Relationship?.... / What Would Make You Quit A Relationship? / Funny Excuses People Use To Quit A ... wAste of time, A partnerz whos mind is made up is made up ... I will be back when I can be more reasonable. In other words, ...
If, despite your best efforts, your child continues to be extremely unhappy in the classroom, you may want to seek counseling. ... Make your house and yard a welcoming place. Hang a couple of swings so they can play outside in the fall. If you live in a ... Make it clear that you are interested in cooperation.. Connect with other parents as well, to get their feedback on how things ... Make sure their school backpacks, which should be orthopedic or wheeled, are the right size for books and other materials they ...
... parishioner seeking counseling; In Australia, it must be noted that the categories of fiduciary relationships are not closed. ... involving essentially a sale to a person coupled with an agreement that the purchaser should sell the property back upon the ... It is unnecessary that the principal would have been unable to make the profit; if the fiduciary makes a profit, by virtue of ... The person who made the bribe cannot recover it, since he has committed a crime. Similarly, the fiduciary, who received the ...
PRWEB) April 19, 2012 -- Secret Service members who had their clearances pulled after bringing prostitutes back to their hotel ... Create a free prweb account ©Copyright 1997-2015, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC. Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or ... Secret Service members who had their clearances pulled after bringing prostitutes back to their hotel while on the job in ... She works with those considering breaking up, people who have committed adultery, and couples who want to strengthen their ...
Consider couples therapy. If you think your dwindling sex drive might be linked to your relationship, counselling could help. ... This can open up the discussion by making your partner feel that you still want them and not make them feel like they have ... Whatever you do, dont put up with your symptoms, seek help. It may be something simple that can be resolved to help you ... No hello from below? Heres how to diagnose, treat and boost your diminishing libido - so you can get back in the bedroom. ...
Hewson eventually sought counseling from the University of Utahs College of Health. After a number of appointments with Hewson ... Dodgers bring back Matt Kemp in stunning five-player trade with Braves. 280 reactions6%80%14% ... The university made no mention of Mason blacking out in the pool, no mention of the coach telling the teammate to let him go, ... It wasnt just a couple of disaffected swimmers. Others from Winslows tenure have very similar stories. ...
Counseling, like writing, can help us lay out a broken experience and begin to piece it back together again.. Eventually, after ... Finally they put me in the hospital for a couple of weeks. There I began to talk to people, and the talking made a difference. ... While Robert decided to forgo the gun and seek help, initially the counseling backfired. "When my doctor brought up the war, I ... I could not go back to sleep.". To cope, Robert began to drink. He drank beer. He drank martinis. He drank wine. At the time ...
... what makes you tick. Spending time as a couple helps facilitate the transition from couple to family, from two to three. With a ... This is one of the most common times for couples to seek professional help. ... or couples counsellor who will be able to help you get your relationship back on the right track. ... Time - Make regular dates to spend time together. We tend to think spontaneous is good, however, we plan everything else in our ...
... it made us feel like family." And now that the guys are back, it is time to get back in the studio for their next release. To ... We can always use your prayers as we seek Gods counsel. Thank you to everyone who has expressed concern about Cool Hand Luke. ... The Chariot and Cool Hand Luke have been friends for a couple of years now, and there is mutual respect for one another as ... Hollywood was reluctant to back movies and TV shows that treated religion seriously. Christian musicians were reluctant to make ...
First, a little while back someone told me how we are constantly creating our soul‐mate and that "your zivug is created daily ... Whatever it may be, it would be helpful to seek some professional counsel at this point to sort it out. Countless singles visit ... This is a wonderful activity for a new couple because it creates an opportunity to unite and work together on a project that ... make sure she gets into the building, and if she is going home separately, call and make sure she arrives safely. In addition ...
Kate Thompson explores the lack of couple therapy on offer within IAPT and argues its expansion. From Healthcare Counselling ... The couple were united as they both realised that they shared the anxiety that things could not go back to how they had been. ... Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal, April 2017: Volume 17 No 2 Kate Thompson explores the lack of couple therapy ... In sharing this loss, the couple were then able to think about how they could move forward, and gradually the energy to create ...
He could be facing years of jail time! You should have suggested he seek legal counsel before following your terrible advice! ... Is it wrong for me to ask for the dog back? My friend probably wouldnt give her back anyway. She has already told me how much ... Piling on various (completely valid) reasons to miss this wedding makes it seem as if you are trying to create a smoke screen ... Spirit of Giving: Guild makes helpful bags for breast cancer ... * Local News New 1,500-job London Maple Leaf Foods plant means ...
... hormone levels in a womans body abruptly drop back to pre-pregnancy levels. Coupled with changes the body undergoes in order ... PPD however requires counseling and often medication.. According to Niloufer Ebrahim, a psychologist in Punes Jehangir ... While the hospitals gynecologists do refer such women for pyscho-therapy, only about one in 20 of them actually seek help, ... Considering the high incidence of this illness, which makes it a public health problem, why are women not routinely educated ...
You can call me if you like, or if you prefer to use text or email, I will be happy to call you back. We can spend some time on ... My usual way of working is to build up a longer term relationship, so that we can develop a deeper and wider understanding of ... Although I have a special interest in group psychotherapy, I am experienced at working with individuals, couples, families and ... It can be quite daunting taking the first step to seek help. ...
Seek couples counseling if you feel like your marriage or relationship is falling apart. ... Here are some tips to help you make lasting changes: *Make plans that you will stand by. Make sure when youre in the ... No need to hold back or censor yourself because no one will see these thoughts. Its important to not keep your angry feelings ... Make peace with your past. Is there an event in your past that still haunts you? Maybe you made a mistake that derailed your ...
Alopecia areata creates the most frustrating of all hair loss - loss that appears in patches. ... Seek out ways to laugh about it. It may seem easier said than done, but I find that the couples who can laugh together more ... Try These Ten Simple Practices To Create a Better You Before Hair Transplant Surgery, Be Armed with the Facts ... Consider counseling. Support your partner in getting some outside support; also suggest that you be included as he feels ...
Couples are counseled and thoroughly informed of family planning practices. Contraceptives are advised and supplied. This ... The PDA is committed to making termination procedures, counseling, information, and contraceptives widely accessible and ... Initially, the PDA sought to reduce population growth by focusing on efforts both to combat child mortality and to encourage ... These representatives then relay the training back to their own companies and provid resources and information to HIV positive ...
Recently we made the big decision to move across the country. We thought long and hard about it for a couple years and the ... I KNOW he needs to seek professional help. Hes done listening to me and my advice and thats fine. I was the same way with my ... I was bummed because Im a firm believer in counseling and she was just awful. Since then this has been coming and going in ... I found the counselor through my work EAP program and unfortunately she was horrible and dismissive so he never went back. ...
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." ~Maria Robinson ... its now two years but am scared for the future since am 25 years, i can still seek counseling because its killing in terms of ... a couple of months after was when i found out of my cysts due to bad pains and ending up in emergency room, felt like i was ... I have gone to counseling but still my heart aches. I dont think that there is anything out there that will make that aching ...
... but it might have been one of the most important decisions youve ever made. Youre very courageous for having made it... ... The decision to leave is not an easy one to make, ... Seek counseling if necessary. Professional abuse counseling can ... If youre going to stay with him, make it contingent on him seeking help for his issues, i.e. a therapist, couples counseling ... How were you held back by your abuser? Was your desire for more responsibility at work mocked? Do you want to go back to school ...
In four out of five cases it is women who seek him out, hoping their partners will follow. He often asks couples how they make ... The most popular were couple sessions. These were times of counselling. Couples therapy may not work if one partner has a big ... At first it looks like research backs this up.. Many studies have found couples tend to be similar in attitudes and values, ... Which couples respond best to help? Can you predict who will be helped most by marital therapy or marriage guidance counselling ...
We are now heading back to court seeking a custody modification.. Based upon my own experiences, there are a couple of very ... I made changes for the better as she did too. We also knew that there were a couple things that we wouldnt be able to change ... After several more months of co-parenting counseling as well as counseling for our children, our counselor has reported my ex ... Well a couple days turned into a couple weeks.. She agreed to go to a couples therapy session on Oct 4th 2009.. She showed up ...
... constitution bench is set to deliver its verdict on a plea by NGO Common Cause seeking that a person should be allowed to make ... Cow-Dung Soaps, Modi, Yogi Kurtas to Be Sold by RSS-Backed Pharmacy on Amazon Soon. Latestly ... Bhima Koregaon: Give dog a bad name and hang him, counsel for activists tells SC. Oneindia ... The petition seeks the enactment of a law on the lines of the Patient Autonomy and Self-determination Act of the USA, which ...
PsychotherapyTreatmentDisordersTherapyProblemsSupportTherapistLegal counsel2017MarriageWanted to make amendsPsychotherapyCentersCounselorFeelingsTendSymptomsEmotionallyPeopleGeneral CounselAlcoholTreatmentsFamilyIntimacyYearsEmotionalChristGeneticAddictsResentmentRelationshipDivorce2020FindStigmaPleasurableMedicationAbruptlyIssuesUnsuccessfullyWorseAnger managementPersonFeelAIDSChildDepressionQuietlyServicesInterventionHusbandsAddictionCompensateLifeFought backPartnerProcessesSexualBehaviouralThings
- Specifically, Behavioral Couples Therapy (BCT) is a type of treatment used to help both the individual who is seeking help for alcohol or other substance use issues, as well as their partner. (cumberlandheights.org)
- A significant body of data demonstrates that Behavioral Couples Therapy is both effective and shows the ability to be a long-lasting treatment intervention. (cumberlandheights.org)
- Research also indicates that the use of Behavioral Couples Therapy can increase recovery rates as well as improve the quality of a couple's relationship more so than treatment that only includes the individual who is experiencing a substance use issue. (cumberlandheights.org)
- This means that during the course of treatment, couples will address faulty thinking and behavior patterns. (cumberlandheights.org)
- Behavioral Couples Therapy: What is it and How Does it Work? (cumberlandheights.org)
- What Happens in Behavioral Couples Therapy? (cumberlandheights.org)
- Behavioral Couples Therapy revolves around the idea that behaviors do not occur in isolation, but are influenced in part by rewards and consequences in one's environment. (cumberlandheights.org)
- Second, BCT focuses on the mutual goals of both acceptance and change as desirable outcomes for couples in therapy. (cumberlandheights.org)
- Secret Service members who had their clearances pulled after bringing prostitutes back to their hotel while on the job in Columbia ( http://bit.ly/HZRSaB ) were experiencing a biochemical craving for connection, says relationship and sex therapist Dr. Bonnie Eaker Weil. (prweb.com)
- As a marriage and family therapist, Dr. Bonnie teaches Smart Heart Dialogue along with intimacy, communication, and connection tools, and counsels families and children. (prweb.com)
- This culminates in a fourth session in which the couple are invited to co-create goals for the therapy with their therapist. (bacp.co.uk)
- The therapist also feeds back their formulation of the main themes in the work. (bacp.co.uk)
- A sex therapist said recently that in his experience a great many women in middle years were bored with the lack of emotional response from their husbands and landed up seeking more support from other women, at a time when their partners might have no idea anything was wrong. (globalchange.com)
- I sought counseling and found a sympathetic therapist. (aumag.org)
- Perhaps you can go with your husband to his counselling sessions so that you can get more of an idea about how he feels and more information from the therapist about how the trauma has and will continue to affect him. (healthunlocked.com)
- Therapist Kelsey Jordan, who is also a licensed as a provisional mental health practitioner, provides marriage and family counseling. (columbustelegram.com)
- Couples counseling, marriage therapist Pat Love says, is 'like assembling an airplane in flight. (chicagotribune.com)
- And when a therapist accustomed to treating individuals brings an individualistic approach to a couples session, it can backfire, Gehart said. (chicagotribune.com)
- Before she became trained as a couples therapist, Love said, 'I thought a couple came in, and they would tell me their story, and I would say, you're right, you're wrong, and I would break the tie. (chicagotribune.com)
- One of the most important questions people should ask when seeking a therapist, he said, is how much of their practice is devoted to couples. (chicagotribune.com)
- We park the car and walk into the building of the couples' therapist. (penelopetrunk.com)
- I remember one couples therapist telling us that we are in good shape because we drove there together. (penelopetrunk.com)
- When you seek free marriage counseling, the therapist will teach you on how to effectively communicate with your partner. (selfgrowth.com)
- Some of the goals that a music therapist may address are the following: * verbal and non-verbal communication * cognitive development * emotional expression * pain management * social skills training and more Our board-certified music therapist will create a custom plan of care with measurable goals specifically for the needs of the client. (thumbtack.com)
- When reached for comment, Hill's office referred all inquiries to the university's legal counsel. (yahoo.com)
- You should have suggested he seek legal counsel before following your terrible advice! (lfpress.com)
- Should you be unsure of any of these, legal counsel should be sought before the marriage is entered into. (home-affairs.gov.za)
- First I had a major big thing come up with Peter that forced me to seek out legal counsel, and now we're moving into a holiday that carries mixed emotions with me. (womansday.com)
- In America, people should be free to live and work according to their faith, and the government shouldn't be able to tell us we can't do that," said Joseph E. La Rue, the legal counsel at Alliance Defending Freedom , a Christian legal organization based in Scottsdale, Ariz., that advocates religious liberty and supports the measure passed by the State Legislature. (nytimes.com)
- Dr. Bonnie is a marriage counselor treating couples, singles, and step families. (prweb.com)
- Maybe he would be open to marriage counseling with you and he might eventually see what you need from him through a third person. (babycenter.com)
- Personally, I would demand therapy whether individual or the less stressful approach of marriage counseling. (babycenter.com)
- There are a lot of benefits that make sex in marriage special. (hitchedmag.com)
- From my own experience, couples that seek counseling tend to identify sexual challenges as one of their primary areas of concern in marriage. (hitchedmag.com)
- Make-up sex can cause couples to get back to what is really important in their marriage and the infusion of feel-good hormones can just make what was a volatile issue, seem really frivolous. (hitchedmag.com)
- They discussed their experiences examining marriage cases, their insights about couples' understanding of marriage, and their ideas about what the Church might do better to minister to engaged, married, and divorced persons. (usccb.org)
- Marriage is often considered by couples as something which is "our thing," meaning that it is something which others should simply "stay out of. (usccb.org)
- Many couples still marry due to societal pressure, or the societal expectation that marriage is what one does to be an adult in society today. (usccb.org)
- Building Stronger Communities One Marriage at Time. (marriagesavers.org)
- On the other hand, 10,000 pastors and priests in 44 states have chosen to create Community Marriage Policies, creating a new future for marriage and divorce. (marriagesavers.org)
- Off-screen, they were the married entertainers Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz , and they still epitomize an ideal marriage of equals whose comic look at life worked better than marriage counseling ever could. (baltimoresun.com)
- You can also sms the letter M followed by your ID number (example: M 5001010050080) to 32551 A reply sms will be sent back to your cellphone to confirm your marital status and the date of your marriage. (home-affairs.gov.za)
- How to get over feelings of betrayal and build trust again in my marriage. (metafilter.com)
- Since money is the top area of conflict for couples, one way to begin your marriage well is to be realistic about your finances. (firstthings.org)
- While any number of social workers, psychologists and other counseling professionals can perform couples therapy - and many do it well - that doesn't necessarily mean they've had much experience with it or that they've gone through the specialized course work required of licensed marriage and family therapists. (chicagotribune.com)
- Doherty advocates against couples therapy that takes a 'values-neutral' approach that treats marriage and divorce as equally viable options or the 'me'-oriented perspective that views relationships as platforms for people to be happy. (chicagotribune.com)
- At the start of his career, he said, he took an individualistic approach to couples therapy, and if one partner didn't want to save the marriage, he didn't see how it was worth saving. (chicagotribune.com)
- It is true increasingly women in the West tend to turn their backs on marriage and child-rearing, but the reason may not lie in a hankering for economic and social independence. (medindia.net)
- End the blame game: This is one common mistake that can make it hard to mend a broken marriage. (selfgrowth.com)
- There is a set of easy to follow psychological tricks which will save your marriage and get you back to that place you once were - in love, committed and excited about the future - within a few days guaranteed. (selfgrowth.com)
- Do you want to bring back the happy days of your marriage? (selfgrowth.com)
- There are many things that you can do to pull back your marriage from heading the path of divorce. (selfgrowth.com)
- For many years, free marriage counseling has helped many couples fix their marital issues and strengthen their marriage. (selfgrowth.com)
- 2. Enhance teamwork - When you undergo free marriage counseling, you will be required to go through different activities, which aims in honing your teamwork. (selfgrowth.com)
- Cleveland, a Kenerly supporter, voiced racially charged opinions about interracial marriage, which he has unsuccessfully tried to walk back. (ajc.com)
- Although I have a special interest in group psychotherapy, I am experienced at working with individuals, couples, families and organisations. (counselling-directory.org.uk)
- Traditional counseling and psychotherapy is expensive, time consuming and ineffective. (selfgrowth.com)
- On his private practice website Draper writes that he is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and adheres to their ethical framework . (frontierpsychiatrist.co.uk)
- I found the counselor through my work EAP program and unfortunately she was horrible and dismissive so he never went back. (babycenter.com)
- I have talked to a great ED counselor a couple times in the last few years but she said my wife needs to make that decision. (nationaleatingdisorders.org)
- Adalis Ortiz, certified Christian counselor, leads Christian Counseling sessions for spiritual developments and the Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) sessions. (columbustelegram.com)
- Dependency can be assisted by seeking advice from an expert substance abuse counselor or your physician. (dadsontheair.net)
- Making friends in their grade will foster more positive feelings toward school. (wickedlocal.com)
- Instead opt to be empathetic, reflecting back what she's sharing with you, and the accompanying feelings. (hairloss.com)
- In addition, the amount of energy spent on nursing can make a new mom feel like a baby feeding machine, which can hinder sexual feelings. (onhealth.com)
- Finding a way for both of you to express your feelings and desires, and then work on the issues together, can make a big difference. (medlineplus.gov)
- Many of those who are being sent back with such symptoms, such as Syverson, are being redeployed on psychiatric medications known as SSRIs. (baltimoresun.com)
- Col. Elspeth Ritchie, psychiatry consultant to the Army surgeon general, acknowledged that the decision to send back soldiers with symptoms or a diagnosis of PTSD was 'something that we wrestle with,'' and partly driven by the military's need to retain troops because of recruiting shortfalls. (baltimoresun.com)
- While reading the above list of symptoms might create a vision of a hermit cowering in their house, this is rarely the case. (harleytherapy.co.uk)
- excellent hardness symptoms after it was made online, prices viagra had become the intercourse's generic problem hand. (sngranite.ie)
- It is hard not to be overwhelmed when I think of the catalyst this is for Africans struggling to gain the resources necessary to make their own communities environmentally, physically, emotionally and economically stable. (jesusfreakhideout.com)
- The expert reference group identified and drew on randomised controlled trial (RCT) studies of efficacy, as well as best practice in behavioural, cognitive, emotionally focused, systemic and psychodynamic couple therapies, in order to identify the components of this model. (bacp.co.uk)
- Learn to stay on course and begin the process of healing physically and emotionally to avoid slipping back into an abusive situation. (wikihow.com)
- I have definitely been known to be emotionally unavailable and that coupled with PPA and PPD and a first time mom in our first year as parents. (whattoexpect.com)
- Before kids, there was a lot of time for both people in the couple to pursue their own passions - and differing views on how to spend time after having kids can cause problems. (yahoo.com)
- Try to make the failed relationship as valuable as possible by turning it into a chance to learn and grow and as to what type of people to avoid. (nairaland.com)
- The more powerful people feel, the more risks they take, which in turn makes them feel even more powerful. (prweb.com)
- She works with those considering breaking up, people who have committed adultery, and couples who want to strengthen their relationships damaged by resentment or unresolved anger, teaching people to "fight" to increase passion, bring back magic and restore the sizzle. (prweb.com)
- There I began to talk to people, and the talking made a difference. (newworldlibrary.com)
- The partners of people with disabilities can find themselves as both caregivers and lovers -- creating conflict and stress. (huffpost.com)
- He made his way back into radio and began counselling other addicts, eventually combining the two into a call-in show called People Helping People. (theglobeandmail.com)
- The stigma discourages people from seeking treatment, rewards silence and keeps users on the job, undetected, he says. (theglobeandmail.com)
- I'm concerned that people who are symptomatic are being sent back, which is potentially very bad for them. (baltimoresun.com)
- But] there's no study that says it's beneficial to send people back. (baltimoresun.com)
- She refuses since her family used to ridicule people who got counseling. (nationaleatingdisorders.org)
- The world today has tried to make me to be a hero for staying, when my wife showed courage that most people would not when they step out on their faith and that's all they have. (ungrind.org)
- In 1970, when America had 200 million people, there were 25 million married couples with children. (marriagesavers.org)
- While it's easy to claim that people cheat for sexual gratification, the truth is that many are actually seeking an emotional connection. (thelist.com)
- Career counseling expert, Spencer Niles, offers poignant insights from his more than three decades helping people find their calling. (psychotherapy.net)
- Theology was a great way for understanding how people make sense of the things that happen to them in life. (psychotherapy.net)
- I have to put a act on around other people to make it seem like I'm normal, I was in a fog when we went out of town for a little get away. (healingwell.com)
- Unlike traditional psychodynamic therapy for individuals, the most effective couples therapy doesn't plumb the unconscious or delve into the past or seek to identify the psychopathologies causing people to behave in destructive ways, Gehart said. (chicagotribune.com)
- Can you build a bridge between the two people? (chicagotribune.com)
- Hyde stated avoidance and intervention programs that might interrupt the time before people seek treatment would conserve addicts and their household's years of needless suffering. (dadsontheair.net)
- The result: when it comes time for people to seek higher levels of care and move out of the home they had once lived in independently, they are forced to move out of the city all together, separating them from personal community-based networks. (communitysolutions.com)
- It's just that their desire for a relationship contrasts with their need to feel safe, which wins out and makes them push people away. (harleytherapy.co.uk)
- Gay people forced underground in Africa are unlikely to seek counseling and treatment for AIDS, activists say. (kff.org)
- I think about the research about how a career does not make people happy . (penelopetrunk.com)
- Make a point to introduce yourself and get to know people. (aspenranchrealestate.com)
- You'll find there are many people like you, folks who are seeking a simpler life and came here from somewhere else. (aspenranchrealestate.com)
- Within the walls of city hall, we get to sit in on planning meetings, see couples get married, observe traffic management via close-circuit cameras, and watch people talk their way out of parking tickets. (thewrap.com)
- Sports, Robert Payne, associate general counsel for the University of Utah, wrote, "the Office of General Counsel does not speak on behalf of the University. (yahoo.com)
- Craig Joffe is the former Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel of LCAV, and Alan Buckey is the former Executive Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer of the Company. (bio-medicine.org)
- CrossFit's general counsel, Dale Saran, would not comment on the lawsuit, which seeks $2.5 million in damages. (startribune.com)
- We have referenced this in another article on this blog, How to Stop Drinking Alcohol for Good (Backed by Science). (abbeycarefoundation.com)
- Lack of proper treatment drove him to seek to numb the pain with alcohol. (rand.org)
- They may know that their alcohol use negatively affects their lives, but it's often not enough to make them stop drinking. (healthline.com)
- If your lack of sexual desire is causing you distress, affecting your relationship, or you're concerned it may be related to a more serious health issue, make an appointment to see your GP to discuss possible treatments. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Treatments for impotence may include counseling. (performanceinsiders.com)
- Our service includes individual, couple and family treatments for a range of mental health concerns and life stressors. (top-doctors.us)
- Generic and use in tablets of treatments causes generic patents of couple. (sngranite.ie)
- There are things we can adjust in terms of lifestyle, medical treatments or surgical treatments that can make a difference. (urologyhealth.org)
- Alopecia areata is really the black sheep of the alopecia family because it creates the most frustrating of all hair loss - loss that appears in patches. (hairloss.com)
- Initially, the PDA sought to reduce population growth by focusing on efforts both to combat child mortality and to encourage family planning. (wikipedia.org)
- It seems as Kody planned individual dates for each wife so that their relationships can grow separate from the giant polygamist family they've created. (realitytea.com)
- Tracy works for Columbus Family Practice and suggested the old hospital building. (columbustelegram.com)
- Not only does this inflate the problem, it can create more issues academically, financially, and even with your family. (uh.edu)
- When I was struggling to lose the weight and making no headway, it was very worrisome for my family members. (3fatchicks.com)
- You have your academic workload, your growing social circle and all their activities, your friends and family back home, career and/or grad school decisions to make, your physical fitness to monitor, and your spiritual well-being to nurture. (mycollegesuccessstory.com)
- She has no family in this country, when I got back she was fine this only lasted for a few weeks then the anger started again. (postpartumprogress.com)
- Making decisions that my family would be proud of," Turner, a Binghamton resident, said in an interview. (stargazette.com)
- Let Joyful Music Therapy create a musical experience for your family today. (thumbtack.com)
- In 2013, Papua New Guinea passed a new law, the Family Protection Act (FPA), which makes family violence a crime, punishable by up to two years in prison and/or a fine of nearly US$2,000. (hrw.org)
- The law also aims to make it easier for victims of family violence to get protection orders and services. (hrw.org)
- The adoption of the Family Protection Act in 2013 made for a breakthrough in public awareness about the problem, and the law could be transformative if it is fully implemented across the country. (hrw.org)
- The government has also worked, with support from donors and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), to establish Family and Sexual Violence Units (FSVUs) in police stations and Family Support Centres (FSCs)in hospitals, designed to make these institutions more accessible to and supportive of victims of family violence. (hrw.org)
- There are a few couples that actually claim to be quite happy with diminished sex while still enjoying other forms of intimacy. (hitchedmag.com)
- Couples who do not openly talk to each other are more likely to have problems with sexual intimacy. (medlineplus.gov)
- It is also a great chance to add variety to your sex life, and to build trust and intimacy with your partner(s), by talking about each other's desires. (thebody.com)
- From being a couple with just each other to be concerned about, suddenly you have the responsibility a vulnerable, needy little person who will be with you for the next 18 years. (counselling-directory.org.uk)
- His years of experience working with individuals dating, coupled with his extensive rabbinical and mental health training has resulted in an, all too rare, synthesis of the wisdom on negotiating this crucial process in a healthy and wise way. (scribd.com)
- My wife and I have successfully set up many couples, organized a number of singles events, and been involved in counseling singles over the past ten years. (scribd.com)
- We thought long and hard about it for a couple years and the opportunity finally presented itself. (babycenter.com)
- Experience of those in the hospice movement over the years is that grief is made harder by relationship conflict. (globalchange.com)
- She and her husband of 15 years decided to join three other couples on an "adult" ski trip to Aspen -- pristine mountains, wine, hot tubs and a chance to rekindle the romance that was so easily dampened by two careers and three active children. (huffpost.com)
- Mike Goos, founder of Discovery Counseling located in in Suite 700, 3005 19th St., is a licensed provisional mental health practitioner and has approximately 25 years of experience as a school psychologist. (columbustelegram.com)
- We also believe that with these changes, the Board can fulfill its fiduciary duties to its shareholders by helping return some, if not all, of the shareholder value that has been so dramatically squandered over the last couple of years. (bio-medicine.org)
- Bill Doherty, director of the Minnesota Couples on the Brink Project at the University of Minnesota, has been writing about bad couples therapy for years. (chicagotribune.com)
- Thirty years ago, she was healthy enough, but today Prinzivalli is morbidly obese and has type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and a blood disorder that would make surgery dangerous. (go.com)
- Over the years, we as a nation have rejected efforts to invoke religion to justify discrimination in the marketplace, and there's no reason to turn back the clock now. (nytimes.com)
- Through the release of the hormone oxytocin known to occur at sexual climax, sex provides an emotional and spiritual bond between couples, which can function to solidify their commitment. (hitchedmag.com)
- So in the classic case of the stoic husband and emotional wife, good couples therapists might identify how his indifference is driving her panic, and vice versa, so both can make changes and neither shoulders all the blame, Gehart said. (chicagotribune.com)
- Katie Sheets, MS, CGC and Blythe Crissman, MS, CGC at Duke University Medical Center received the 2013 Jane Engelberg Memorial Fellowship (JEMF) to conduct the study, titled: Response to genetic counseling: Understanding the experience and needs of individuals receiving a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome. (sheknows.com)
- The question is whether this is just a result of economic factors and socio-cultural conditioning, as most analysts claim, or whether the choices that women are making about parenthood are influenced by genetic inheritance from maternal ancestors that were dominated by paternal ancestors. (medindia.net)
- While steroids can be used to cure some genetic hormonal imbalances, the addition of hormones to healthy bodies can create where can i buy Anavar Oxandrolone some of the same problems that steroids are used to treat. (reed-electronics.com)
- Studies show that the relationship lasts longer and the couple is in better harmony when both partners take an active share of responsibility," she says. (yahoo.com)
- But the longer couples go without talking, the less engaged in the relationship they become. (yahoo.com)
- One of the biggest mistakes made in ending a relationship isallowing the final death throes to go on and on. (nairaland.com)
- Couple therapy for depression is an evidence-based treatment, recommended in the UK's National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines for the treatment of mild to moderate depression, 3 where there is deemed to be a causal or maintaining factor attributed to the couple relationship. (bacp.co.uk)
- In their work examining intimate relationship distress and mental health problems, Whisman and Uebelacker 4 calculated that individuals in unsatisfactory couple relationships were three times more likely to have a mood disorder than individuals in a relationship that functioned well enough, and that up to 30 per cent of severe depressive episodes could be prevented if the couple relationship was improved. (bacp.co.uk)
- My usual way of working is to build up a longer term relationship, so that we can develop a deeper and wider understanding of the difficulties you may be experiencing, but I am also able to provide short-term, solution focused support. (counselling-directory.org.uk)
- Creating this space is crucial for the relationship to continue to thrive. (hairloss.com)
- While confirming that sex should not be used as an escapist strategy when serious relationship issues need to be confronted, there is no shunning the power of some sensational make-up sex. (hitchedmag.com)
- If you are experiencing relationship problems, suggest couples therapy to your partner so the two of you can work past the issues. (performanceinsiders.com)
- This will be important as you make decisions about the status of your relationship down the road. (thelist.com)
- They reported that most conflicts ended negatively, creating tension in the relationship. (opendemocracy.net)
- Rather, couples therapy works best when it focuses on the systemic interactions between partners, she said - that is, how the relationship dynamics are perpetuating patterns that are driving them apart and what positive steps each person can take to change them. (chicagotribune.com)
- The real client in couples counseling is the relationship, Love said. (chicagotribune.com)
- And anyone who promotes that is probably more insane then you or I. I love him enough to call him a *** *** when I feel like he is being a *** ***... does that make me abusive or our relationship not worth the struggle? (whattoexpect.com)
- You and your husband need to find one excuse (sorry, make that "reason") to miss this wedding, and stick with it. (lfpress.com)
- Once the diagnosis is made, join forces as a team to find out everything you can about Alopecia areata. (hairloss.com)
- We will work with folks to make sure that they get the services they need and if we can't provide the services, we are going to find a place where they can receive those services. (columbustelegram.com)
- I think you should start making your own plans to leave and find someone that you can truly share your life with and really trust and respect. (metafilter.com)
- Many couples preparing for their wedding day find themselves between a rock and a hard place by trying to please their parents, siblings, friends, grandparents and others who have an opinion on how the wedding should go. (firstthings.org)
- I've known a couple guys that find it hard to get it on when they have a lot going on. (maisonneuve.org)
- If you find a kinship with someone, invite them over to supper or some such occasion, and make sure that kids and dogs are welcome. (aspenranchrealestate.com)
- there are plenty of conclaves here with hard-working city employees seeking to find solutions for Boston's homeless population, for instance, but "City Hall" never circles back to tell us how successful those solutions were, or even whether they were ever implemented. (thewrap.com)
- In our society hair is a sign of youth and vitality - which makes losing your hair a stigma most would choose to live without. (hairloss.com)
- My main vision for the whole thing is to really provide the services and reduce the stigma associated with mental health," said Mike Goos, founder of Discovery Counseling located in Suite 700, 3005 19th St. (columbustelegram.com)
- When there are issues between couples, it's easy to ignore them instead of stirring up a fight. (yahoo.com)
- Take it slowly, and keep talking about sexual issues, what you like, and what makes you happy. (counselling-directory.org.uk)
- Goos hopes to add counseling services for immigration and acculturation issues. (columbustelegram.com)
- He only registered it long enough to make it known that my issues were making him unhappy. (whattoexpect.com)
- Thanks he is having therapy but that in my option that is making him worse. (healthunlocked.com)
- I just want to add, that when someone goes to therapy it always makes things worse before things then get better. (healthunlocked.com)
- But they can cause ED or make it worse. (medlineplus.gov)
- Then, in an interview with the AJC, Cleveland defended the mayor's comments and made matters worse by volunteering his opinion that interracial marriages were against his Christian upbringing. (ajc.com)
- The constitution bench is set to deliver its verdict on a plea by NGO Common Cause seeking that a person should be allowed to make a living will stating that all medical support should be withdrawn if, in the opinion of the doctors, he is in that state of terminal illness where a turnaround is not possible. (yahoo.com)
- If you don't pay attention to the system, one person will feel betrayed, left out, reactive and not want to come back to therapy. (chicagotribune.com)
- About 30 percent of couples who seek counseling are these 'mixed agenda' couples in which one person is 'leaning out. (chicagotribune.com)
- A person with APD can also do just fine in their career , if they pick one that does make social demands. (harleytherapy.co.uk)
- So if one person who is coupled up isn't very satisfied with his or her current mate and a dream match shows up, the person will often jump ship, and all hell breaks loose. (businessinsider.com)
- Practicing safer sex involves knowing what bodily fluids can spread sexually transmitted infections, what sexual activities are risky for each person, and how you can make that activity less risky. (thebody.com)
- This isn't healthy.Feel free to seek couples counseling. (nairaland.com)
- They're not thinking clearly and they're likely looking for experiences that will give them additional highs and make them feel even more powerful. (prweb.com)
- On a particularly icy afternoon, Helen slid down a mogul field and landed with her back against a tree, unable to feel her legs -- her life changed forever. (huffpost.com)
- Constant nursing or pumping milk can make breasts feel tender and a woman may not want to be touched there. (onhealth.com)
- The office was decorated to create a homey atmosphere for patients to feel more comfortable. (columbustelegram.com)
- Having ED can make you feel bad about yourself. (medlineplus.gov)
- I just feel like I'm back to my old self and the old routine. (healingwell.com)
- I'm at the point where I feel like I just want to be his friend but I am willing to get into counseling to try and work it out. (healingwell.com)
- While there is no excuse for predatory behavior, particular things may make you feel more comfortable and in control. (dadsontheair.net)
- Although he hasn't directly said it I feel like the postpartum depression played a major role in creating distance between us. (postpartumprogress.com)
- He has never hit me, but the rage that was coming out of him made me feel like it could happen. (whattoexpect.com)
- If, despite your best efforts, your child continues to be extremely unhappy in the classroom, you may want to seek counseling. (wickedlocal.com)
- The couple remembers the beginning of their courtship, and Janelle and Kody are bonded as she was the first to bear him a child. (realitytea.com)
- Reclaiming your sex life after you have a child is a challenge most couples face. (onhealth.com)
- The unanticipated turn of events created a medical conundrum: on the one hand, no child had ever been intentionally reared from birth in isolation and the effects of such confinement could not be known. (pbs.org)
- In the playroom, I show so much respect for the decisions he or she makes, that the child thinks, "Joseph thinks the things I do are important, therefore I must be important. (top-doctors.us)
- Pulse spoke with pediatrician Elaine Gutierrez, MD , to answer some of your pressing questions about what testing entails and how to assist your child in building healthy habits. (torrancememorial.org)
- The parents and the child receive counseling regarding eating and exercising. (torrancememorial.org)
- But when I think about the impact it might have on my child, I can t let him come back. (dailytribune.com)
- Infertility can make an impact on couples throughout the world when they are looking to have a child. (urologyhealth.org)
- Let's start with the good news: the Psychological Therapies: Annual Report on the use of IAPT Services 2015 to 2016 shows that couple therapy for depression has patient recovery rates of 61.8 per cent for anxiety and 58.8 per cent for depression. (bacp.co.uk)
- The bad news is that the delivery of couple therapy for depression is not widespread and the relational component of diagnoses of depression remains relatively hidden. (bacp.co.uk)
- Currently only half of IAPT services across the UK offer couple therapy for depression. (bacp.co.uk)
- The couple therapy for depression model was formulated by an expert reference group responding to a request from the National Health Service to identify competencies required to treat depression with couple therapy. (bacp.co.uk)
- Each year since 2010, approximately 50 practitioners from a wide variety of therapeutic backgrounds and modalities have been trained, with 2016/17 seeing a marked increase to 100 new applicants training in couple therapy for depression. (bacp.co.uk)
- As cut backs and downsizing occur in an environment of terrorist fears, employees, faculties and students are responding with fear, anxiety, depression and anger. (selfgrowth.com)
- It's very normal to have a temporary downturn in relationships when the kids are young," says Walsh, adding that it will pass if the couple talks about ways to compensate. (yahoo.com)
- Since the founding of the country, the United States has sought to compensate the men and women who have served in its armed forces. (wikipedia.org)
- This can then create a context for us to get back on track if, perhaps, we ve allowed our sex life to be derailed. (hitchedmag.com)
- Fortunately for Helen, her doctor and psychologist were tuned in to helping her regain her sexuality and make the transition to enjoy the rest of her life. (huffpost.com)
- This came out in one run-on sentence when my friend Blondie sat down before seeking routine counsel for her love life. (browardpalmbeach.com)
- We recognize and appreciate the sacrifices you have made, and value the diverse life experiences you bring to this campus. (uh.edu)
- Happiness is a byproduct of a life well-lived - of good relationships, of making a difference in the world,' Doherty said. (chicagotribune.com)
- Discuss problems openly and directly with your partner before you make up your mind. (nairaland.com)
- This can make it even harder for the betrayed partner to hear the truth. (thelist.com)
- ED can be a troubling issue for couples, because it can be difficult for you or your partner to discuss the problem with each other. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you have trouble communicating, counseling can be very helpful for you and your partner. (medlineplus.gov)
- With his partner MomÄilo Krajišnik, then manager of a mining enterprise Energoinvest, he managed to get a loan from an agricultural-development fund and used it to build themselves houses in Pale, a Serb populated village above Sarajevo turned into ski resort for Communist establishment (future capital of Republika Srpska). (frontierpsychiatrist.co.uk)
- Filled with new material-including fresh insights and anecdotes from the author and analyses of films from Pulp Fiction to Brokeback Mountain-The Screenwriter's Workbook is your very own hands-on workshop, the book that allows you to participate in the processes that have made Syd Field's workshops invaluable to beginners and working professionals alike. (indigo.ca)
- But yes, at this point, if things are different in your household, you should at least ask if your friend would give her back. (lfpress.com)
- Anticipated, which is charged by the term of the same things we are urged to look around your home loan, and not just for the payments made. (bestquotesforinsurance.com)
- It's a sobering reality for anyone who has dealt with infidelity but one of the first things I advised my counseling clients to do is get tested for sexually transmitted infections. (thelist.com)
- Instead of looking back at a whirlwind of activity that you really don't remember, take non-essential things off the calendar. (firstthings.org)
- There were some things that were just too hard and they made me snap. (postpartumprogress.com)
- Consideration is important especially when dealing with things that do not make you happy as far as the other party is concerned. (selfgrowth.com)
- You may have a lot to teach them about the way things were done where you came from-such as construction techniques, education models, counseling sessions, computer networks-but they may not be interested at all. (aspenranchrealestate.com)
- He finally had some epiphany moment a while back like it clicked for him that I was going through things. (whattoexpect.com)