Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.
A heterogeneous condition in which the heart is unable to pump out sufficient blood to meet the metabolic need of the body. Heart failure can be caused by structural defects, functional abnormalities (VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION), or a sudden overload beyond its capacity. Chronic heart failure is more common than acute heart failure which results from sudden insult to cardiac function, such as MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION.
Electric Power Supplies
Theoretical construct used in applied mathematics to analyze certain situations in which there is an interplay between parties that may have similar, opposed, or mixed interests. In a typical game, decision-making "players," who each have their own goals, try to gain advantage over the other parties by anticipating each other's decisions; the game is finally resolved as a consequence of the players' decisions.
Motion Pictures as Topic
Maps as Topic
The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)
Tissue and Organ Procurement
The administrative procedures involved with acquiring TISSUES or organs for TRANSPLANTATION through various programs, systems, or organizations. These procedures include obtaining consent from TISSUE DONORS and arranging for transportation of donated tissues and organs, after TISSUE HARVESTING, to HOSPITALS for processing and transplantation.
A state of prolonged irreversible cessation of all brain activity, including lower brain stem function with the complete absence of voluntary movements, responses to stimuli, brain stem reflexes, and spontaneous respirations. Reversible conditions which mimic this clinical state (e.g., sedative overdose, hypothermia, etc.) are excluded prior to making the determination of brain death. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp348-9)
An institutional policy of granting authority to health personnel to perform procedures on patients or to remove organs from cadavers for transplantation unless an objection is registered by family members or by the patient prior to death. This also includes emergency care of minors without prior parental consent.
He underwent a heart bypass operation in 1989 and had knee surgery two years later. In the summer of 2003, Harvey was diagnosed ... Harvey's later wife, Louise Lore, was a television producer for CBC who produced Man Alive. He had two children from a previous ... Harvey had previously married Romanian princess and fellow journalist Marina Sturdza in 1970; the couple later divorced. ... He died of heart failure on December 7, 2003. ...
Flick was married to Rosa Ella (née Gates). The couple had five daughters. Flick died of congestive heart failure on January 9 ... Only four 19th-century baseball players, including Flick, were still alive in 1970. In his later years, Flick still answered ...
The Magic Bullet (Angel)
She tells him that she looks into their hearts, though sometimes what they need is right on their faces. She tells a man in ... In the lobby, Jasmine invites a couple of people to go upstairs with her. Fred goes to the Magic Bullet Bookstore, which she ... Connor wants to kill her and bring her back, but Wesley reminds him that Jasmine wants her alive. ...
Swan Song (McCammon novel)
The couple in the house explain that the one tree was special and that they just didn't have the heart to cut down. Swan places ... her hands on the tree and is shocked to feel it is still alive. She uses her powers to "wake up" the tree, causing it to be ...
The Moda'i couple was accused of inappropriate social media postings. "If Jesus and mother Mary were alive today, they would, ... Illustrated by an icon of Jesus of the Sacred Heart and Virgin Mary with the heart pierced by a sword. During Christmas season ... If Jesus were alive, he'd be lynched by Palestinians". Haaretz. Retrieved 21 January 2015. Israeli Embassy's 'lynching Jesus' ...
John McBain (character)
The couple say their vows and exchange rings but are never pronounced man and wife as the wedding is interrupted by Marty. John ... Although John and Cristian make it out alive, Natalie is angry at both of them for lying to her, and no longer wants anything ... The timing is again off, as Natalie becomes stressed with her mother's heart transplant, and being accused of murdering Paul ... After, her mother's recovery and Paul is discovered to be alive, Natalie wanting a change leaves town with Paul in search of ...
USS O-5 (SS-66)
We did very little moving or talking; it excited our hearts too much. …We heard scraping on the hull for hours. A couple of ... We were confident we could stay alive for forty-eight hours. …The high pressure and foul air gave us severe headaches. ...
We did very little moving or talking; it excited our hearts too much. …We heard scraping on the hull for hours. A couple of ... We were confident we could stay alive for forty-eight hours. …The high pressure and foul air gave us severe headaches. ... Following twenty years of U.S. Navy service, Henry Breault became ill with a heart condition. He died at the Naval Hospital at ...
The No No Girl
... was his last drama to broadcast while he was alive. "TVB新劇《全職沒女》劇情介紹（1﹣20集大結局" (in Chinese). ihktv.com. ... Both were previously cast members in TVB's 1996 drama Cold Blood Warm Heart (天地男兒), but didn't have any scenes together as the ... The No No Girl is both veterans TVB actors Eddie Cheung and Adia Chan's first collaboration playing a couple. ...
The Jeweler's Shop
She then meets the priest who had organized the trip to the mountains in Act 1 and opens her heart to him. The priest reminds ... Stefan and Anna are a couple in a troubled marriage where love does not seem to exist. Their lives are filled with emptiness ... but the jeweler tells her it has no monetary value because her husband is still alive. ... Andrew and Teresa are a young couple that have been friends for many years. A terrifying sound on a hike into the mountains ...
The Divided Heart
When the boy is 10 years old, his natural mother is found alive in Yugoslavia where she has survived the war as a refugee. She ... The child is placed in an orphanage, from where he is subsequently adopted by a childless couple, whom he grows to love and ... The Divided Heart was widely admired, and won three British Academy Film Awards. During World War II, a three-year-old boy is ... The Divided Heart is a black-and-white British film directed by Charles Crichton and released in 1954. The film is a drama, ...
On October 2, 1962, Frank Lovejoy died of a heart attack in bed at the couple's New York residence. At the time, Banks and he ... Dead or Alive." She also made four appearances on National Velvet, and single appearances on shows such as Ford Theatre, Alfred ... The couple had two children, Judy and Steve. Joan Banks died in Los Angeles, California in 1998 from lung cancer at the age of ...
... but later dug him up after a change of heart. Both couples eventually reunited, but Tanya left Max again after discovering he ... When Max was young, he made friends with a black child at school, leading to Jim and Derek burying him alive as punishment. Jim ... Derek dies of a heart attack on Christmas Day, leaving Alice and Joey grief-stricken. Lauren develops alcoholism as a result of ... Jim was paired romantically with Dot Cotton (June Brown), and the couple married on screen in February 2002. The family was ...
Ragnarok the Animation
Coupled with the ridicule of the public, Zephyr was driven insane to the point where he could be easily manipulated by the Dark ... The cruelty of the villagers left a deep hatred of humans in Zealotus' heart. After her mother's death, Zealotus lived among ... When Iruga finds out Keough is alive and now working for evil, he fights his former friend in an effort to bring the real ... However, Iruga managed to stab Keough's wound, freeing his friend's heart from the evil the Dark Lord placed in it. ...
Dreams of Love - Liszt
The unmarried couple moves to the city of Weimar, where Liszt becomes the music director for the royal orchestra. This becomes ... Carolyne cannot terminate her marriage while her husband is alive. Her relatives are against Liszt. She and Liszt remain ... Liszt's beautiful music touches everyone's heart. Women are pursuing him and his lengthy affair with countess Marie d'Agoult is ...
No hiding: he was my heart's true lover, though I loved all beside him. Flames flowing burst my heart, now desperate, dead ... Cuirithir and Laidain are believed to have been historical figures alive in 7th-century Ireland, and the basic facts of the ... The couple seek the spiritual aid of St. Cummine (Cumméne Fota. However Cuirithir breaks the vow of chastity and is banished to ... He later crosses the sea while Liadain endures penance and prayer before dying of a broken heart. ...
Thief of Hearts
The married couple come home to find the last standing intruder still in the house. Mickey gets out her pistol and aims at the ... Mickey goes to the bedroom and finds out that Scott is there, alive but wounded. Rather than be arrested for having shot Buddy ... Thief of Hearts at IMDb Thief of Hearts at Box Office Mojo Thief of Hearts at Rotten Tomatoes. ... Thief of Hearts is a 1984 American erotic drama film produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer. It was written and directed ...
Cuirithir mac Doborchu
He later crosses the sea while Liadain endures penance and prayer before dying of a broken heart. Cuirithir and Laidain are ... The couple seek the spiritual aid of St. Cummine (Cumméne Fota). However Cuirithir breaks the vow of chastity and is banished ... believed to have been historical figures alive in 7th-century Ireland, and the basic facts of the story are believed to be true ...
He has smiled his way into people's hearts; I have been obliged to fight my way." Gene Buck, who had discovered W. C. Fields in ... He experienced almost chronic depression in his later years, coupled with alcoholism and insomnia. On February 27, 1922, ... knowing that he was the only thing keeping an otherwise moribund musical alive at the box office. However, Williams also ... must burn his heart to cinders." Williams' stage career lagged after his final Follies appearance in 1919. His name was enough ...
Tam hid until Son drove away, Phuong was still alive and kept warning that she would report this to the police. Tam decided to ... The police named Sau Dung invites him to the police station for a couple of questions. Thinking everything is coming to an end ... Actually, the heart Linh carries is from Hong. Cu Hu calls the police right away, however, he is hit by Tam, while Linh is ... Le and Cu Hu (a friend of Phuong and Tam). Son comes to pick Linh up, in the midst of talking, it is revealed that the heart ...
New London School explosion
... her chin and a couple of bones recovered, but this story was found to be untrue when both mother and daughter were found alive ... It was thought that one mother had a heart attack and died when she found out that her daughter died, with only part of her ... many rescuers did not immediately check if the body they came across was alive or dead. Rescuers worked through night and rain ...
Peter E. Berger
Staying Alive (1983) The Face of Rage (1983, TV) Burning Rage (1984, TV) Silence of the Heart (1984, TV) Call to Glory (1984, ... The Last Married Couple in America (1980) Mommie Dearest (1981) First Monday in October (1981) Monsignor (1982) Hobson's Choice ... TV series) Heart of a Champion: The Ray Mancini Story (1985, TV) Scandal Sheet (1985, TV) Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) ...
That is, the woman would be buried alive, and then a stake would be driven through her heart. Similarly, burial alive, combined ... The 1348 statutes of Zwickau allowed punishment of an adulterous couple in the following way: They were to be placed on top of ... Here criminals have been roasted alive over a slow fire, impaled, and skinned alive; others have had their extremities chopped ... One day I saw a man upon the pale, who was sentenced to continue so for three hours alive and that he might not die too soon, ...
The Road to the Heart
This cyclonic, fire-eating Bombastes Furioso pulls a couple of guns and puts bullet holes in everything, besides otherwise ... wrecking the place, and leaves the trembling ranchero more dead than alive from fright. Miguel makes his way disconsolately and ... The Road to the Heart at the American Film Institute Catalog The Road to the Heart at IMDb. ... With a film length of 618 feet and an original runtime of between nine and ten minutes, The Road to the Heart was released and ...
Contrary to many accounts, Moe was still alive when Blazing Stewardesses filmed in March 1975; he was simply too ill to work. ... The two surviving brothers continued the act, and appeared together in a couple of films. The last appearances of the Ritz ... The Ritzes were appearing at New Orleans Roosevelt Hotel in December 1965 when Al died of a sudden heart attack. Harry and ...
The couple divorced about 1970. Vitale retired from acting in the early 1970s, after a career of more than 47 films. She died ... The Brothers Karamazov (1947) - Lisa Difficult Years (1948) - Maria Buried Alive (1949) - Eva La città dolente (1949) - Maria ... Elena Occhipinti Hearts at Sea (1950) - Fioretta Il Caimano del Piave (1951) - Lucilla di Torrebruna Revenge of the Pirates ( ... The Song of the Heart (1955) - Lucia Torna piccina mia! (1955) - Laura / Stella Cantami buongiorno tristezza (1955) - Giovanna ...
Dreams That Money Can Buy
"for there's no man alive who could ever survive a girl with a prefabricated heart." We transition back to Joe's office as the ... A realizes she wants to break the shell around her and has a dream of the same young couple with the man reading a declaration ... After the screening the couple sees the book leaning against a tree. One woman jokes "all we need now is a revolver." The man ... Case number two ("The Girl With the Prefabricated Heart") begins as Joe accepts payment from Mr. A and ends his session, as a ...
The Navy Cross, along with a bronze star, a couple of Purple Hearts and unit citations helped make him Rhode Island's most- ... then and now 50 years that might not have been Battle veteran Harry Kizirian says he's lucky to be alive, wonders what lessons ... He was chairman of the March of Dimes in 1962 and 1963, the February Heart Month of the Rhode Island Heart Association in 1974 ... He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V" and the Purple Heart Medal for his actions on May 11. His Bronze Star ...
Her heart stopped beating, and only emergency heart massage kept her alive. Almost a month after being diagnosed with cancer, ... On June 30, 1999, the couple's second daughter, Jenna Shirley, was born. After Jenna's birth, Schmirler experienced many health ... At the provincial Hearts, the team fell to Sherry Scheirich (now Middaugh) in the final. In 1997, Schmirler and her rink ... She had been scheduled to work the 2000 Scott Tournament of Hearts, but was unable to do so. She faxed a statement from the ...
... said: "Do not scorn pity that is the gift of a gentle heart, Éowyn! But I do not offer you my pity. For you are a lady ... That blow, coupled with a vision in the palantír of the forces arrayed against him, drove him insane. He ordered his servants ... Mad with grief, Denethor jumped onto the lit pyre, burning himself alive. ... He read the hearts of men as shrewdly as his father, but what he read moved him sooner to pity than to scorn. He was gentle in ...
Couple with heart problems keep love alive with pair of pacemakers | Duluth News Tribune
Couple with heart problems keep love alive with pair of pacemakers. By Frank Lee on Feb 13, 2018 at 9:42 p.m. ... And the couple with congestive heart failure co-owned the Shady Lawn Resort in Alexandria. ... The CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center has a clinic in Baxter. It specializes in coronary artery disease, advanced heart ... "I had a heart attack in 2004-I had a quadruple bypass surgery-and then it was in 2009 that I got my first pacemaker," said the ...
Search | The Star
Novelist Lee, Playing with Three 'Lost Hearts' : NPR
Lost Hearts in Italy, builds on the classic love triangle. Eighteen years after the affair began, Mira, Nick and Zenin the ... Young married couple against the old libertine. Lovers against husband. Rich against not rich. Europe against America. A game ... Except that the three of them obstinately remained alive. All three of them, Zenin, Nick, and Mira, have one thing in common ... Novelist Lee, Playing with Three Lost Hearts Andrea Lees latest novel, Lost Hearts in Italy, builds on the classic love ...
Swedish couple who came to Minneapolis sent seven of their eight sons into battle - StarTribune.com
Heart Device Keeps Dick Cheney Alive, but Takes Away His Pulse - 80beats : 80beats
DISCOVER: Young at Heart, investigating whether doctors can revitalize heart muscle. DISCOVER: Can Stem Cells Save Dying Hearts ... Heart Device Keeps Dick Cheney Alive, but Takes Away His Pulse. By Andrew Moseman , July 21, 2010 9:16 am ... its not a replacement heart itself-the device offers the heart an assist. Specifically, if the heart is struggling to pump ... I heart planned parenhood. John Stewarts penguin voice really compliments the Death Star soundtrack.. On Fox News tonight Glen ...
Diane Yarbrough - "To help make our world a better place" - My Care2
It was back quite a few years ago when Sam Walton was alive. I think since he died it has changed a lot and not all for the ... Its a long one, but it really touched my heart. The Lord blesses us so much and I for one will never be able to thank Him for ... I signed the petition for that and a couple of other things. I also posted in the Christians group a beautiful and supposed to ... I have the joy of knowing where my spirit will go when I die...and that gives me great confidence and joy in my heart. Im ...
Personal Stories | CDC
We are all still alive and active.. Along the way, better control measures arrived. I began taking a statin within a couple of ... Would I have a heart attack and die at a young age like my dad? I was terrified that I would miss out on my then-2-year-old ... My father had his first heart attack at age 36 and died from one at 51. I had thought his problems were due to lifestyle. He ... Several of her aunts and uncles died of heart disease, and she had high cholesterol and a corneal arcus around her eyes. But, ...
Franklin Graham on 'Facing Darkness': I Questioned God After Ebola Outbreak - The Christian Post
Amy Grant has heart surgery for condition shes had since birth * Pakistani Christian couples death row appeal delayed after 6 ... 27 killed, some burned alive in jihadi attacks on predominantly Christian villages in Mali. ... God raised Him to life and He can come into every heart and He can change every person thats willing to believe in the name of ... Kent Brantly and his wife Amber released their book "Called for Life: How Loving Our Neighbor Led Us Into the Heart of the ...
The Avenger | PEOPLE.com
My hearts fine, but its a miracle Im still alive, he said. My lungs are just black. He came out with the diagnosis of ... The couple, who have a daughter, Jenny, 37, divorced three years later. "We are still friends," Benefield says of Swenson. "He ... Sexiest Man Alive 2018: Idris Elbas Hottest Photos 1 Sexiest Man Alive 2018: Idris Elbas Hottest Photos Our 2018 Sexiest Man ... The insidiousness of that dust was not apparent until 1972, when Perley was suffering from arthritis and heart trouble and the ...
Lollapalooza Brazil | Consequence of Sound
Paddle4Good's Andi Traynor gives Max Montgomery CPR on first date
Mr Montgomery said it was a "magical" first kiss because it kept him alive and the couple hopes their story will help save ... Woman saves mans life after he suffers heart attack on their first date. Read full article. ... Wildlife photographer Alexander Baker was standing nearby as the drama unfolded and captured the CPR - and the couples first ... A woman has saved a mans life after he suffered a heart attack while on a first date. ...
Where In the World is Landover
Louise was devastated! Her heart was heavy with sadness. The next couple of hours she spent accepting that Mama Kitty was gone ... But then . . . the phone rang a few of hours later . . . Mama Kitty was still alive but very weak! Doctor G and her husband, ... Well have a couple of overnighters further down the coast.. Chris and I have been walking our butts off. He has actually lost ... What an incredible couple they are. So if youd like to enjoy reading their blog, just click on their link to see what theyve ...
Liveleak.com - Juncker wearing 'different' shoes
Austin Pets Alive! Kapoa's Got Arthritis! - FUND COMPLETED! - Austin Pets Alive!
Her father was detained last week. Her family still doesn't know where he is | FOX 2
Romance, survival mix in 'The Mountain Between Us'
Our couple -- and an adorable lab owned by the pilot -- emerge battered but alive, hundreds of miles from anything. ... The pilot fails to file a flight plan and then crashes after having a heart attack (thanks, Beau Bridges). The crash sequence ... The screenplay by Chris Weitz and J. Mills Goodloe makes our couple opposites -- shes impulsive and has a deep pool of caring ... But its hard to know whats churning inside these hearts during a struggle for bare survival. The kind of witty, rom-com ...
The Sinocism China Newsletter 10.17.13 | Sinocism China Newsletter
Instead, they burned an elderly couple alive in their bed. After that, the Xuhui government left the neighborhood alone. Xie ... in the heart of Puxi…. Seeking Truth: Consolidating the Common Ideological Basis for the United Struggle of the Party and the ... What is the cause and intention of such misinterpretation? At heart, it reflects peoples doubts that reform and opening up is ... Turkey missile deal shows Chinas growing Mideast clout , ReutersMixing commerce and geopolitics, experts say, is at the heart ...
AUNT LAURA,' 107, KEEPS TRADITION ALIVE - Hartford Courant
The couple married a year later and spent 30 happy years together until her husband died of a heart attack, Aunt Laura said. ... AUNT LAURA, 107, KEEPS TRADITION ALIVE. GERALD RENNER; Courant Religion Writer Column: Richard Messina/The Hartford CourantTHE ... She has gone through five pacemakers for her heart and has become almost totally deaf, a development that annoys her no end. ...
CNN.com - Transcripts
From now on, the couple has but a single goal, keeping their egg alive.. The hungry mother must return at once to the sea to ... The tiny beating heart within the shell cannot survive much more than a moments exposure to the freezing air.. ... This couples partnership is now over. The long march in vain. With no reason to stay they will wander back to the sea.. Other ... The couple has found one another. The mother sees her chick for the first time. And, at last, the family is together. And just ...
Election fever hits Lebanon, nine years since last legislative vote
The 50 Best Marriage Tips Of All Time (From 50 Experts) | YourTango
... these tips will keep your relationship alive and passionate forever. ... In order to keep the spark alive and avoid "roommate syndrome," couples have to understand the notion of spending "time" ... Appreciate them from your heart about who they are at their essence. Leave gratitude in love notes, hide them so they will find ... Sit down, listen to each other and write out how you want your future as a couple to look. Its much easier to create your best ...
Denis Harvey - Wikipedia
He underwent a heart bypass operation in 1989 and had knee surgery two years later. In the summer of 2003, Harvey was diagnosed ... Harveys later wife, Louise Lore, was a television producer for CBC who produced Man Alive. He had two children from a previous ... Harvey had previously married Romanian princess and fellow journalist Marina Sturdza in 1970; the couple later divorced. ... He died of heart failure on December 7, 2003. ...
Barb King Needs Our Help by Barbara King
She nearly died three times as Doctors fought to keep her alive. But through it all her family trusted that God would bring her ... She underwent a stroke, heart valve replacement and severe infection. After a couple of months in the hospital she was able to ... She nearly died three times as Doctors fought to keep her alive. But through it all her family trusted that God would bring her ... My heart is breaking for this last time they had to climb a huge mountian. In June of this year Barb was hit with a ...
The House by the Lake: A Story of Germany by Thomas Harding at Abbey's Bookshop | 9780434023233 | Paperback
Doctor Stork by Hema Dhawan
Every time I destroy the extra embryos conceived by the couple, my heart bleeds. But we cant allow more than two babies to be ... I wish Chinnamma had been alive to see the birth of Kamala Rathnam, says Dr Selvaraj.. Despite her distinguished ... In a heart-warming gesture, the grateful and overjoyed parents christened the newborn Kamala Rathnam. Then, in 1992, Dr ... The delight on the faces of the couples is what keeps her going. Several of these babies keep in touch with her. Kamala Rathnam ...
Teen's poignant message to peers after cancer diagnosis - CNN Video
August 2005 Executions
He said the couple had long had a volatile relationship. In addition to abusing alcohol since adolescence, Johnston had brain ... An autopsy revealed a broken nose, collarbone and ribs; bruising and tearing in her heart, liver and spleen; injuries to her ... Bleeding under the skin confirmed she was alive throughout her severe beating. It was just barbaric, Warzycki said. Johnston ... Cain, the couples son, Cedric, was twelve when his father was shot. They had enjoyed riding motorcycles, having breakfast, and ...
Question about Lupus with Multiple System Involvement (mine is predominantly CNS) - Lupus
You just get over one organ getting it then a couple of months later you have to get use to another. Still, happy as heck to be ... Yesterday he did put me on an ACE Inhibitor since my heart is going wacky now. Sounds like it may be good for the Kidneys too. ... alive. Guess I shouldnt bawl so much. Just overwhelmed with it all and confused. Thankfully, I have you guys/gals to unconfuse ... Right now it is the kidneys, heart, IBS?, narcolepsy and muscle spasms. Dont know who came first the chicken or the egg yet. ...
Seat of Consciousness | Physics Forums
Ive known a couple of people whos hearts had stopped, and yet they are still alive today. But if someones brain were to stop ... Indian Gurus have managed to sit on the bottom of swimming pools for hour, slowing their heart beat down to a few beats per ... All we can know is that it can be know as long as we are still alive.. Dead people dont know anything anymore. ... All we can know is that it can be know as long as we are still alive.. Dead people dont know anything anymore. ...
Local couple encourages organ donations in honor of son killed in automobile mishap | Daily Sun News
"I think it will help fill a void in my heart. My son is still alive in these three people." ... She encourages people to have emblazoned on their drivers licenses the heart that signifies they are an organ donor, and to ... Local couple encourages organ donations in honor of son killed in automobile mishap. ... "I wish someone could have received his heart, it was his greatest asset." ...
CongestiveAttacksSurgery2018FaintDonorYearsBypassTransplantTied the knotHospitalShrapnelFetalSurgeriesPacemakersYoungPets AliveAmericaPeopleTimeDecadesToughLungsLoveKidneyDoctorsPrimitiveChestMan'sElderlyEpidemicBackMonthsStoryPulmonaryValveDistressYearFamilyFailurePumpDiseaseRhythmKindnessEncouragesTimesFatherBeatLifeMindsOrganReadsShockClinicHonestlyThingsFeelWeeksChildBodyGoodLongStomachFocusesVictimsGrateful
- And the couple with congestive heart failure co-owned the Shady Lawn Resort in Alexandria. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- Having the LVAD in place should make it possible for Cheney, whose congestive heart failure is worsening, to lead an active life. (discovermagazine.com)
- Unfortunately Barb had no insurance at the time and now is unable to work due to her stroke and Congestive Heart Failure. (fundrazr.com)
- Sheri got diagnosed with congestive heart failure in 1995. (gofundme.com)
- Or get a good CHF (congestive heart failure) doctor specialist. (dailystrength.org)
- For Cheney, whose beleaguered heart suffered the first of five attacks at the age of 37 and endured a quadruple bypass in 1988, the question now is whether his LVAD is a stepping stone to something else. (discovermagazine.com)
- And "6 years for a 69-year-old who has had 5 heart attacks is significant," he said [ Baltimore Sun ]. (discovermagazine.com)
- In the biggest-ever probe into them, found the benefits in warding off strokes and heart attacks far outweigh any slight risks. (thesun.co.uk)
- And researchers concluded the drugs help prevent around 80,000 heart attacks and strokes each year. (thesun.co.uk)
- They revived me at the hospital and put two heart stents in and I've had a couple heart attacks since then. (elpasotimes.com)
- Ignoring the symptoms of heart attacks aren't isolated to Aspen's residents and guests. (aspentimes.com)
- In Aspen and other high-altitude resorts, people sometimes confuse heart attacks with altitude sickness. (aspentimes.com)
- The good news is that heart attacks usually give victims enough time to react, Gerson said. (aspentimes.com)
- I had a heart attack in 2004-I had a quadruple bypass surgery-and then it was in 2009 that I got my first pacemaker," said the 81-year-old father of two grown daughters-one in St. Cloud, another in Edina. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- The former Vice President provided an instant laugh line for comedians this week when it was revealed that during his latest heart surgery, doctors installed a new implant called left ventricular assist device, or LVAD. (discovermagazine.com)
- They rushed her immediately to Phoenix and did heart surgery. (care2.com)
- Further confirmation of the seriousness of the problem came with a brother's heart bypass surgery at the age of 29, and with the detection of high cholesterol in my two other brothers. (cdc.gov)
- He underwent a heart bypass operation in 1989 and had knee surgery two years later. (wikipedia.org)
- Tonya made it through surgery, but the ordeal had damaged her heart. (tgh.org)
- Soon she was in surgery again, getting her new heart. (tgh.org)
- GROUNDBREAKING SURGERY: Shumway, at right wearing glasses, performs the world s first successful combined heart and lung transplant at Stanford University on March 9, 1981. (chicagotribune.com)
- Dr. Norman Shumway, the Stanford surgeon recognized as the father of heart transplant surgery, died Friday morning at his home in Palo Alto of complications from cancer, the Stanford University School of Medicine announced. (chicagotribune.com)
- And while Barnard virtually abandoned the field after a few years because of the high mortality rate associated with the then-radical surgery, Shumway returned to his laboratory to develop the anti-rejection techniques and patient care that eventually made the procedure a valuable choice of last resort for those with badly diseased hearts. (chicagotribune.com)
- Over the next decade, surgeons began using primitive heart-lung machines to provide blood and oxygen to the body while they stilled the heart to make repairs, and introduced the technique of whole-body hypothermia - cooling the body to near room temperature - to reduce metabolism and oxygen demand during surgery. (chicagotribune.com)
- He did my heart surgery in 1972 or 73 when I was 3. (legacy.com)
- such a Great Pioneer in Heart Surgery is a Great Loss to the Medical World. (legacy.com)
- I'm not supposed to have any stress for my heart Bypass surgery. (needhelppayingbills.com)
- He views rationing as a way of keeping Medicare solvent in an era of more and more old people, more and more advancements in high-tech medical care, and more and more confidence that age is no barrier to successful heart surgery, cancer treatment and the like. (nytimes.com)
- The best way to do so would be to use age as a cutoff point for the most expensive technologies, even those, like open-heart surgery, that might be lifesaving. (nytimes.com)
- The average age of those undergoing heart surgery, organ transplantation, kidney dialysis and advanced cancer treatment steadily rises. (nytimes.com)
- The headline of a story in The New York Times on November 11, " Good Survival Rates Found in Heart Surgery for Aged, " tells that story. (nytimes.com)
- For centuries, the human heart remained off limits to surgery. (washingtonian.com)
- Sexiest Man Alive 2018: Idris Elba's Hottest Photos 1 Sexiest Man Alive 2018: Idris Elba's Hottest Photos Our 2018 Sexiest Man Alive has a long history of dazzling the cameras. (people.com)
- LAS CRUCES - Sonny "Tex" Harold Gilligan, the man infamously shot by his dog Charlie in October 2018 while rabbit hunting in the desert of west Las Cruces, said he is fortunate to be alive. (elpasotimes.com)
- Sonny 'Tex' Harold Gilligan said he's lucky to be alive after being declared dead after being shot by his dog Charlie in October 2018. (elpasotimes.com)
- She encourages people to have emblazoned on their driver's licenses the heart that signifies they are an organ donor, and to make sure family members know of their wishes to be an organ donor. (dailysunnews.com)
- The number would be much higher, experts agree, if more donor hearts were available. (chicagotribune.com)
- The trick, they found, was to leave extra lengths of artery in both the donor heart and the patient to allow a good splice to be made. (chicagotribune.com)
- Tiana became the first recipient in Illinois of the Berlin Heart, a computerized device that helps the heart function, keeping her alive until a donor heart became available. (patriotledger.com)
- IDEAL TOWNSHIP-Almost nothing gets their hearts going like the sight of one another-even after more than 50 years-but Bill and Sharon Wortham share more than a love for the ages. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- For the Ideal (Township) couple, their pacemakers-defibrillators-his third, her first-is another thing they have in common that has helped keep their love for each other alive all these years. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- The couple married a year later and spent 30 happy years together until her husband died of a heart attack, Aunt Laura said. (courant.com)
- A: Less than 50 percent of patients are living five years after their initial diagnosis and less than 25 percent are alive at 10 years. (cardiobrief.org)
- In his first years at Stanford, Shumway built on previous work to develop a simple technique, called topical myocardial hypothermia, to cool only the heart. (chicagotribune.com)
- Over the next few years, working on dogs, Shumway and his chief resident, Dr. Richard Lower, developed a technique for removing the heart completely, then re-implanting it. (chicagotribune.com)
- Over the past couple of years, a lot of people have been getting bang into spicy stuff. (vice.com)
- Over the past couple of years, many people have been talking about leaving France," she said. (jta.org)
- Take this day to finally teach grandparents how to use that iPad they got a couple years back or ask them about how life was different when they were growing up. (issuu.com)
- And those will be still be alive on the site for a couple of years. (healthnewsreview.org)
- Their child received treatment, and three years later, he is alive and in need of more. (feministsforlife.org)
- My sister and her boyfriend of 7 years just moved into my grandmother's house with a couple of friends of theirs and there are 4 crazy dogs now living in a small house with 4 people. (backyardchickens.com)
- I did email Dr. Bloodwell a couple of Years ago thanking Him for What Doctors today, say was a Mortal Surgical Procedure. (legacy.com)
- My father was so right, I lost my entire family a couple of years ago. (needhelppayingbills.com)
- So by the grace of God (& hundreds of medical professionals who have kept me alive these past 3 years) I am still able to move about without fear of my heart giving out on me, due to severe pain. (spineuniverse.com)
- I hope your mother is doing much better I see the post was a couple years back. (spineuniverse.com)
- After years of combating her illness and wearing a defibrillator, she became very ill and went into the hospital to fight to stay alive until a heart became available for her transplant. (gofundme.com)
- Right there with you - heart failure 4 years ago - had PE's in 1986, have COPD and asthma and bronchitis, had cancer 3 months after heart failed from pnemonia. (dailystrength.org)
- In those months, I observe the newest technologies for repairing young hearts-and reflect back on my own heart and how it was repaired 50 years ago this year. (washingtonian.com)
- The Easterners spent the previous four years wearing wearing kelly-green slacks and white loafers, ``trying to pass as right-to-lifing Holy Rollers,`` all the while stealthily sipping Scotch and dreaming that ``Nelson Rockefeller is alive in the heart of a mountain somewhere. (chicagotribune.com)
- Specifically, if the heart is struggling to pump blood from the left ventricle to the aorta-the body's largest artery, which disperses blood throughout the body-the LVAD can offer a mechanical bypass. (discovermagazine.com)
- Her boss is and was very aware of my heart bypass condition, my significant other had come to Florida to bring me here, where its piece and quite, where I lived in Florida everyone was constantly either stealing from me or begging me for money. (needhelppayingbills.com)
- The pump runs something like a drill bit, continuously rotating at 9,000 rotations per minute rather than squeezing and releasing, so Cheney now officially has no pulse, according to Dr. Stuart D. Russell, chief of heart failure and transplantation at Johns Hopkins' Comprehensive Transplant Center [ Baltimore Sun ]. (discovermagazine.com)
- She would need a heart transplant as well as a new kidney, the Palm Beach doctors told her. (tgh.org)
- Although Dr. Christiaan Barnard of South Africa performed the world's first heart transplant in Cape Town in December 1967, beating out Shumway by a month, he did it using techniques developed by Shumway over the preceding decade. (chicagotribune.com)
- Go to the best hospital in the area and get with the transplant team - they are the best quality level of doctors for the heart. (dailystrength.org)
Tied the knot2
- The couple tied the knot less than a year later in 1996 and have been together ever since. (sundayobserver.lk)
- A couple from Tucson, Arizona, have tied the knot 18 times in places like Scotland, the Bahamas and Maui, among others, in an attempt to keep to romance alive in their marriage. (medindia.net)
- After a couple of months in the hospital she was able to finally come home. (fundrazr.com)
- She never really wished for anything in life because she was childless,' recalls Dr Selvaraj, founder-director of G.G. Hospital that has helped scores of infertile couples become parents. (boloji.com)
- But Dr Selvaraj is a superstar in the eyes of couples who are able to conceive thanks to the medical interventions at her hospital. (boloji.com)
- An inquest has heard how a series of critical errors made by hospital maternity staff led to the tragic death of a Coventry couple's only child after they failed to monitor and recognise an abnormal heart trace. (irwinmitchell.com)
- Following the inquest, which recorded a Narrative verdict, medical law specialist, Guy Forster from law firm Irwin Mitchell who is representing the couple, urged the hospital trust to confirm that the changes they claim to have implemented since Lucas' death will safeguard the lives of babies born there in the future. (irwinmitchell.com)
- These people would be alive," said the cardiologist at Aspen Valley Hospital. (aspentimes.com)
- At my request, the administration and medical staff at Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children have allowed me to observe all phases of its heart program. (washingtonian.com)
- Actually at 8 weeks you should have seen a fetal heartbeat, however, there are cases in which the heartbeat has not been seen until the middle of the 8th week or up til the start of the 9th week, so to answer your question YES there is still a chance of your baby being alive, however it is a very small chance. (justanswer.com)
- So simply put, YES you baby can still be alive however the chances of that are only 5-10%, but that does mean that an ultrasound should be repeated at the end of the 9th week and if there is still no fetal heart beat then it is very likely that the pregnancy is no longer viable. (justanswer.com)
- The fetal monitor throughout the night hasn't indicated that her heart is in distress, nor did a routine ultrasound exam several weeks earlier detect any cardiac abnormality. (washingtonian.com)
- The echocardiogram confirms the diagnosis: The pulmonary veins from Taylor's lungs to her heart never connected during fetal development. (washingtonian.com)
- This defect arose when Taylor's heart began to form during the fifth week of her fetal life. (washingtonian.com)
- In such examinations, technicians usually confirm that the heart has four chambers and normal outflow vessels, but because the pulmonary veins are very hard to image, only a pediatric cardiologist well trained in fetal ultrasound is likely to have detected Taylor's defect in utero. (washingtonian.com)
- Crow Wing County couple Bill and Sharon Wortham both have pacemakers-defibrillators. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- Until speaking with some CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center staff, I didn't realize it was more common than you think for couples to both have pacemakers. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- I don't think either one of us would have been here if it weren't for our heart conditions and our pacemakers," Sharon said gratefully of expecting another Valentine's Day together as a couple. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- She has gone through five pacemakers for her heart and has become almost totally deaf, a development that annoys her no end. (courant.com)
- Would I have a heart attack and die at a young age like my dad? (cdc.gov)
- There are plenty of activities for young and old, families and couples alike. (kitchenkettle.com)
- A couple of weeks ago, I stood in front of Upright talking to George about his renovations, and our 15-minute conversation was interrupted three times by carloads of young TWU students who had pulled over to the curb to ask through their open windows if George could cut their hair. (fwweekly.com)
- Will Micah finally claim Oliver-if he can keep him alive-or has the young man's bitterness gouged a hole too deep? (bookstrand.com)
- And when undiscriminating Death paid an unexpected visit while my future husband was lying on the operating table, a fast-acting surgeon was there to ask Death to kindly step aside so he could get down to the business of massaging a young boy's heart and cutting a suffocating gelatinous growth away with a pair of plain old shears. (sentinelandenterprise.com)
- The least of the charges was that I was an ageist, a cold-hearted young person who knew nothing about old age (I was 56 at the time). (nytimes.com)
- Austin Pets Alive! (austinpetsalive.org)
- One of the wonderful vets who works with Austin Pets Alive would like to do a procedure called arthrocentesis to help alleviate some of the pain. (austinpetsalive.org)
- I put him in my car and went down to Pets Alive Westchester, where Executive Director Erin Guilshan loved him just as much as I did, and he loved her. (petsalive.com)
- More often what happens is that rescue groups like Pets Alive rescue these animals. (petsalive.com)
- Any one of the Pets Alive staff would have gone immediately. (petsalive.com)
- Dr. Brantly, his life, God used that to wake America up and as a result there are tens of thousands of Liberians and people from Guinea and Sierra Leone that are alive today because America and the rest of the world woke up," Graham said. (christianpost.com)
- Telling their story on their website Paddle4Good, an organisation that helps create adventure activities for people with physical or developmental needs, the couple who are still together say it was Ms Traynor's quick-thinking that saved Mr Montgomery's life. (yahoo.com)
- Mr Montgomery said it was a "magical" first kiss because it kept him alive and the couple hopes their story will help save others and are teaching people how to administer CPR. (yahoo.com)
- My son is still alive in these three people. (dailysunnews.com)
- Out Alive is a podcast about real people who survived the unsurvivable. (backpacker.com)
- I was startled to see those grim statistics on the HFSA website, given that clinical studies published in peer-reviewed journals have shown that ACE inhibitors and beta blockers prolong lives of people with heart failure and in the last decade those medicines have become standard recommended therapy. (cardiobrief.org)
- Loreen Anderza, HFSA administrative assistant who answered the phone, said there is no specific source for the HFSA statement on how long people with heart failure can expect to live. (cardiobrief.org)
- I asked if Ms. Yano would talk to me about whether or not heart failure is becoming more of a chronic condition that can, for most people be managed, and Ms. Anderza said that Ms. Yano is not the right person to talk to because she is not an MD. I asked who at HFSA I could talk to and she said Ms. Yano had no one to recommend. (cardiobrief.org)
- In their hearts, people talk about Israel, but practically speaking, most people are thinking about the United States. (jta.org)
- He said: "The evidence from numerous independent clinical trials going back more than two decades shows that statins are an effective way of people reducing their risk of a heart attack. (thesun.co.uk)
- He said: "Our guidance on the risk assessment and reduction of heart disease and strokes, including lipid modification, is based on the overwhelming body of evidence supporting the use of statins, even in people at relatively low risk. (thesun.co.uk)
- It is also a great addition to the multitude of ways people can communicate through chats in real time and it ensures private text sessions for the couple. (professorshouse.com)
- He is on a campaign to urge people to error on the side of caution if they feel symptoms consistent with a heart attack. (aspentimes.com)
- Medical research has found no decisive cures for the diseases of aging, but it has found myriad ways of keeping sick and frail people alive longer and longer. (nytimes.com)
- to how married couples should spend some time alone , these may well be the 50 best marriage tips ever compiled. (yourtango.com)
- My heart is breaking for this last time they had to climb a huge mountian. (fundrazr.com)
- I love this time of year when our Village comes alive with themed scarecrows, pumpkins and corn shocks. (kitchenkettle.com)
- Couples may fall for the fascination of social media to the extent of losing grip of the real world , but learning how to control the cyber time is part of the process of adopting technology into their lifestyle. (professorshouse.com)
- Usually, the enthusiasm when couples are shopping for presents for each other is in danger after some time. (professorshouse.com)
- So keeping track of the personal wishes over time might lead couples to a more fulfilled and creative life together. (professorshouse.com)
- I still feel in my heart that it is not his time. (rockstarronan.com)
- I truly believe if she was anywhere else in the world besides the Dominican Republic she'd be alive right now," Will Cox told CNN affiliate WCBS.Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Day, 49The Maryland couple missed their scheduled checkout time at the Grand Bahia Principe in La Romana on May 30. (wpbf.com)
- At the same time, there is an increasing array of new drugs and technologies keeping the elderly alive in ways hardly imaginable a few decades ago. (nytimes.com)
- Only a couple of decades earlier, the heart had been viewed as the repository of the human spirit and was a location where surgeons feared to tread. (chicagotribune.com)
- My grandfather was a tough guy but soft-hearted. (dailygood.org)
- Whereas my feelings are located more so in chest, around my solar plexis (including both heart and lungs), and it's our feelings that allow us to validate and give definition to what we percieve. (physicsforums.com)
- Now I have Radiation Toxicity to the heart and lungs from my treatment from cancer. (dailystrength.org)
- Andrea Lee's latest novel, Lost Hearts in Italy , builds on the classic love triangle. (npr.org)
- In this article, we rounded up the best eight ways in which couples can amplify their love for each other with the use of apps. (professorshouse.com)
- Love the couple. (indigo.ca)
- Our hearts ache for the parents as we also fell in love with little Charlie Gard . (feministsforlife.org)
- He longs for Micah's heart and body, but will his old ways let him truly open himself up to love? (bookstrand.com)
- If you're a reader who loves a story that unfolds into a very touching love story, you will love Oliver's Heart. (bookstrand.com)
- From admirable long-term relationships to inspirational newlyweds, these are the couples we love and hope to take cues from in our own relationships. (sundayobserver.lk)
- You know I love you with all my heart and will miss you like crazy forever," he also wrote, alongside photos of Gabe with friends and family. (womenshealthmag.com)
- She nearly died three times as Doctors fought to keep her alive. (fundrazr.com)
- We found a similar story but a different ending with another couple in Britain who took their child out of the country against doctors' orders. (feministsforlife.org)
- She will likely be there for the next couple of weeks while the doctors try to minimize the damage already done to the heart and strengthen the heart so it beats stronger and keeps my precious friend alive. (gofundme.com)
- This is the most critical phase of embryonic heart development, when a primitive tube of myocardial cells folds to create the heart's four chambers. (washingtonian.com)
- She had to have a device implanted inside her chest to shock her heart if it started to beat too fast. (tgh.org)
- But in early December, while Shumway was searching for the right patients, Barnard - who had picked up the surgical technique from Lower - transplanted the heart of a 23-year-old woman killed in an automobile accident into the chest of a middle-aged man. (chicagotribune.com)
- My heart leaped in my chest and butterflies flooded my gut right there by the milk section of the local Wal-Mart. (scribd.com)
- The heart-attack symptoms that should raise a flag for victims are a squeezing feeling in the chest that radiates into the neck and shoulders. (aspentimes.com)
- She slides a wand-like transducer over Taylor's frail chest to get an echocardiogram image of the heart and to study the flow of blood through the major vessels. (washingtonian.com)
- A woman has saved a man's life after he suffered a heart attack while on a first date. (yahoo.com)
- Instead, they burned an elderly couple alive in their bed. (sinocism.com)
- Dr. Kent Brantly and his wife Amber released their book "Called for Life: How Loving Our Neighbor Led Us Into the Heart of the Ebola Epidemic" on July 21, 2015. (christianpost.com)
- A couple of weeks back, two girls, one called Lizzy and one called Sabrina (though to me they both look like Tiffanys so that's what I'll call them in my head forever more) did what many YouTubers do in an attempt to garner many hits in one go. (vice.com)
- OK friends… This poor little guy was in my driveway dragging his two back legs… Gave him some food and water and for now he is hiding under the shed… My heart is breaking…" - along with this photo. (petsalive.com)
- This cancer is going to eat his little body alive and as of now, I am just sitting back and watching that happen. (rockstarronan.com)
- I began taking a statin within a couple of months of the availability of the first statin. (cdc.gov)
- A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. (heavy.com)
- Britney Spears' dad suffered a ruptured colon and almost died a couple of months ago. (heavy.com)
- But I doubt any doctor ever tells a patient's family, "Your husband and father is in late-stage heart failure and has only a few months to live because the government didn't fund enough grant money for heart failure research. (cardiobrief.org)
- My hubby shrugged and said, 'A couple of months. (cnn.com)
- Since she had no insurance for several months, she could not obtain her heart echo test, which may have very well prevented her current, dangerous, medical situation. (gofundme.com)
- It's not surprising that Taylor's heart defect was missed on a routine ultrasound months before her birth, Karr says. (washingtonian.com)
- As a tribute to the compassion at the heart of this story, the filmmakers are offering free streaming of the film in its entirety for the next seven days. (dailygood.org)
- Oliver's Heart is a wonderfully written story that helps further the plot of the Brac Pack series. (bookstrand.com)
- And it is such a heart breaking as well as a beautiful story. (fanfiction.net)
- Captive Heart by Phoebe Conn is a story like I've never read before. (goodreads.com)
- Get on the internet and search out all there is about pulmonary hypertension and the resulting diastolic heart failure. (dailystrength.org)
- Studying the images of Taylor's miniature heart, Karr sees that the four pulmonary veins-two from the left lung and two from the right-come together in a confluence unconnected to her heart. (washingtonian.com)
- It specializes in coronary artery disease, advanced heart failure, valve disease, vascular care and risk factor management. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- She underwent a stroke, heart valve replacement and severe infection. (fundrazr.com)
- But a genetic glitch can malform the heart's complex architecture-resulting in a valve that doesn't open properly, vessels attached to the wrong chambers, a hole in the heart wall, or a condition such as Taylor's. (washingtonian.com)
- Caruso's sister-in-law, Lisa Maria Caruso, told News 12 Long Island that Vittorio Caruso died after suffering respiratory distress and possibly a heart attack.The family received a phone call saying Caruso was sick, she said. (wpbf.com)
- We've gone through 'thick and thin'-a year ago, I wasn't sure he was going to make it-but every couple has. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- A pioneering facility for ART in south India, the state-of-the-art laboratory serves about 2,300 childless couples every year from India and overseas. (boloji.com)
- She spent just over a year as a 911 operator - "hard work and 'heart' work," she said - and recently moved to working in the department's fiscal services division. (tgh.org)
- I've been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart. (heavy.com)
- But the couple shared a devotion to family, work and each other that dwarfed those differences during a 28-year marriage. (phoenixnewtimes.com)
- The Russian leader's compliment late last year was of the mildest kind-he referred to Mr. Trump as "talented" and "colorful"-but it was enough to make the candidate's heart go pitter-patter with gratitude and engender instant expressions of his faith in Mr. Putin's integrity and leadership. (wsj.com)
- Here was this 21-year-old woman who hadn't eaten for two days to try to fit into a dress she liked, who went to a friend's birthday party, who consumed a couple of alcoholic drinks, and possibly took a Valium. (sentinelandenterprise.com)
- The couple -- who had just celebrated their one-year wedding anniversary -- went to the store after dropping off their 5-year-old daughter at cheer practice, Terry said. (wcpo.com)
- Tonya remains keenly aware that she is alive today because another family lost a loved one. (tgh.org)
- In Argentina, ayoung couple decides to have her baby in childbirth carried out at the family home. (buenastareas.com)
- That seemed to have a political tinge to it, out of place in an answer directed to worried patients and family members about how long someone can live with a diagnosis of heart failure. (cardiobrief.org)
- My wife's family has roots in Sugar Hill, N.H., one of the few New England hamlets that has a 4th of July parade that rivals the summer Hill Country Holiday parade here in Lincoln: Cub Scouts, Brownies, and a couple of fire trucks. (chrisbohjalian.com)
- What's more, the couple also vowed to never put their careers in front of their family. (sundayobserver.lk)
- Pride swelled my heart on the day my brothers stepped off the plane, any bitterness quickly forgotten amidst the joyous reunification of family and friends. (scribd.com)
- We lost the light of our family and the light of our heart. (wcpo.com)
- He died of heart failure on December 7, 2003. (wikipedia.org)
- Q: What is the prognosis for a patient with heart failure? (cardiobrief.org)
- Many conditions can cause heart failure in which the heart is not pumping out enough blood to meet the needs of the body. (cardiobrief.org)
- Working on the assumption that a journalist or a person with heart failure or, for that matter, any member of the public could ask what HFSA's source is for its grim prognosis and get an answer, I contacted HFSA. (cardiobrief.org)
- I sent an e-mail to Cheryl Yano, HFSA longtime executive director, explaining that I was writing this blog report on heart failure death statistics, and then a second e-mail, but did not get a reply, so I called. (cardiobrief.org)
- Heart failure is a condition that can result from any structural or functional cardiac disorder that impairs the ability of the heart to fill with or pump a sufficient amount of blood throughout the body. (dailystrength.org)
- I have chronic diastolic heart failure. (dailystrength.org)
- Several of her aunts and uncles died of heart disease, and she had high cholesterol and a corneal arcus around her eyes. (cdc.gov)
- I feel extremely fortunate that I found out about my FH before something major happened to me, and I hope to avoid heart disease with prevention. (cdc.gov)
- The Framingham Heart Study supported by the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, part of the National Institutes of Health, is an ongoing project begun in 1948 that has enrolled over 14,000 members of three generations and periodically issues reports about the risk factors for developing heart disease. (cardiobrief.org)
- And we are trying so very hard, my heart disease results in death, there is no cure, an I'm unable to work any longer. (needhelppayingbills.com)
- Holmes had an enlarged heart and cirrhosis of the liver -- both signs of significant pre-existing disease, the Dominican authorities said, and Day also had fluid in her brain. (wpbf.com)
- The Baxter location also provides electrophysiology services for atrial fibrillation and other heart rhythm problems, as well as a pacemaker/implantable cardioverter defibrillator clinic. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- Implanted defibrillators known as ICDs that prevent sudden death by shocking the heart when the heart goes into a chaotic rhythm, cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) which corrects abnormal beating of the left ventricle, and other effective treatments have also grown in use the last decade. (cardiobrief.org)
- I feel it is because of their kindness that I am alive. (dailygood.org)
- This app brings a 5-minute episode every night that encourages with a beautiful voice to intimate things that couples do. (professorshouse.com)
- There are times when a married couple has finally a free day all just for themselves, but they can't decide what to do. (professorshouse.com)
- So, the word inhumane has come up a couple times tonight. (rockstarronan.com)
- A couple of times I remember thinking it was better to end my life. (dailygood.org)
- God raised Him to life and He can come into every heart and He can change every person that's willing to believe in the name of Jesus Christ," the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association stated. (christianpost.com)
- Having Kids executive director Dr. Anne Green said the royal couple, Kate and William, "have an opportunity to model a simple principle: that every child deserves a fair start in life. (feministsforlife.org)
- I know because without His Surgical Skills, I maybe, would not be alive today, or would have suffered unending Health Issues, but Because of His Superior Skills, I have been able to Live a Very Healthy Life. (legacy.com)
- Olivia Kimbrell Press™ is a publisher offering true to life, meaningful fiction from a Christian worldview intended to uplift the heart and engage the mind. (scribd.com)
- It may not be the best quality of life but it is alive. (dailystrength.org)
- The real problem seems to be opening hearts and minds in a country where hospitals and courts have the final say over a child, not loving parents seeking treatment out of the national health care system. (feministsforlife.org)
- Kara Preas-Huertas, an organ donation coordinator for LifeCenter Northwest, said the Millers were selected to be a part of this project because she felt the couple would benefit from the experience. (dailysunnews.com)
- Although all of Ms. Hagen's Brac Pac books feature one mated couple, I do not feel that they are standalone reads. (bookstrand.com)
- Once ambulance officers arrived, Mr Montgomery's heart did not restart until the sixth defibrillator shock. (yahoo.com)
- The CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center has a clinic in Baxter. (duluthnewstribune.com)
- I died of a heart attack in Prescott, Arizona," Gilligan said, noting he's a Vietnam veteran and the incident happened at a Veterans Administration clinic. (elpasotimes.com)
- Gilligan said was he was admitted to Hospice following the heart attack at the VA clinic, but recovered. (elpasotimes.com)
- I honestly truly had no idea that I was having a heart attack (scary). (needhelppayingbills.com)
- At their heart, we're talking about couples that drive each other nuts, but can't live without each other, so it's about creative collaboration, and artists risking everything to feel alive in their art," he says. (variety.com)
- But what if your heart was under arrest, wouldn't want to embrace something to feel something like others? (blogspot.com)
- You might have heard about a little device called Kindle 2 , which a little company called Amazon will be shipping out in a couple of weeks now. (nathanbransford.com)
- No bigger than the head of a small nail at first, the heart continues to develop, and by ten weeks' gestation its four chambers can be visualized by ultrasound. (washingtonian.com)
- Guy Forster, from Irwin Mitchell, said: "The couple have understandably found the death of Lucas incredibly hard to bear, particularly as he was their first and only child. (irwinmitchell.com)
- How different is this from China's coercive two-child-per-couple policy? (feministsforlife.org)
- Morgan, and several experts, fervently believe he abused the child during visitations following the couple`s separation. (chicagotribune.com)
- The couple had one other child, aged 2. (wcpo.com)
- He was then dumped, barely alive and reportedly with burn marks all over his body, at a suburban train station on Monday, Feb. 13. (jta.org)
- Since the way to somebody's heart is through their stomach, the perfect recipes are needed on a daily basis. (professorshouse.com)
- In a heart-warming gesture, the grateful and overjoyed parents christened the newborn Kamala Rathnam. (boloji.com)