World Health Organization
The largest of the continents. It was known to the Romans more specifically as what we know today as Asia Minor. The name comes from at least two possible sources: from the Assyrian asu (to rise) or from the Sanskrit usa (dawn), both with reference to its being the land of the rising sun, i.e., eastern as opposed to Europe, to the west. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p82 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p34)
The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)
An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
An acute infectious disease of humans, particularly children, caused by any of three serotypes of human poliovirus (POLIOVIRUS). Usually the infection is limited to the gastrointestinal tract and nasopharynx, and is often asymptomatic. The central nervous system, primarily the spinal cord, may be affected, leading to rapidly progressive paralysis, coarse FASCICULATION and hyporeflexia. Motor neurons are primarily affected. Encephalitis may also occur. The virus replicates in the nervous system, and may cause significant neuronal loss, most notably in the spinal cord. A rare related condition, nonpoliovirus poliomyelitis, may result from infections with nonpoliovirus enteroviruses. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp764-5)
Emigration and Immigration
Delivery of Health Care
Organized services to administer immunization procedures in the prevention of various diseases. The programs are made available over a wide range of sites: schools, hospitals, public health agencies, voluntary health agencies, etc. They are administered to an equally wide range of population groups or on various administrative levels: community, municipal, state, national, international.
Health Services Accessibility
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Communicable Disease Control
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Animals which have become adapted through breeding in captivity to a life intimately associated with humans. They include animals domesticated by humans to live and breed in a tame condition on farms or ranches for economic reasons, including LIVESTOCK (specifically CATTLE; SHEEP; HORSES; etc.), POULTRY; and those raised or kept for pleasure and companionship, e.g., PETS; or specifically DOGS; CATS; etc.
National Health Programs
Animate or inanimate sources which normally harbor disease-causing organisms and thus serve as potential sources of disease outbreaks. Reservoirs are distinguished from vectors (DISEASE VECTORS) and carriers, which are agents of disease transmission rather than continuing sources of potential disease outbreaks.
Amino Acid Sequence
A protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the PLASMODIUM genus: PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; PLASMODIUM OVALE; and PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus ANOPHELES. Malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands. It is characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high FEVER; SWEATING; shaking CHILLS; and ANEMIA. Malaria in ANIMALS is caused by other species of plasmodia.
Cost of Illness
The personal cost of acute or chronic disease. The cost to the patient may be an economic, social, or psychological cost or personal loss to self, family, or immediate community. The cost of illness may be reflected in absenteeism, productivity, response to treatment, peace of mind, or QUALITY OF LIFE. It differs from HEALTH CARE COSTS, meaning the societal cost of providing services related to the delivery of health care, rather than personal impact on individuals.
Emigrants and Immigrants
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
A group of islands in the southwest Pacific. Its capital is Wellington. It was discovered by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1642 and circumnavigated by Cook in 1769. Colonized in 1840 by the New Zealand Company, it became a British crown colony in 1840 until 1907 when colonial status was terminated. New Zealand is a partly anglicized form of the original Dutch name Nieuw Zeeland, new sea land, possibly with reference to the Dutch province of Zeeland. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p842 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p378)
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Poliovirus Vaccine, Oral
A live vaccine containing attenuated poliovirus, types I, II, and III, grown in monkey kidney cell tissue culture, used for routine immunization of children against polio. This vaccine induces long-lasting intestinal and humoral immunity. Killed vaccine induces only humoral immunity. Oral poliovirus vaccine should not be administered to immunocompromised individuals or their household contacts. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Conservation of Natural Resources
Influenza in Birds
Created as the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes in 1918. Yugoslavia became the official name in 1929. BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA; CROATIA; and SLOVENIA formed independent countries 7 April 1992. Macedonia became independent 8 February 1994 as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (MACEDONIA REPUBLIC).
The geographical area of Asia comprising KAZAKHSTAN; KYRGYZSTAN; TAJIKISTAN; TURKMENISTAN; and UZBEKISTAN. The desert region of Kara Kum (Qara Qum) is largely in Turkmenistan and the desert region of Kyzyl Kum (Kizil Kum or Qizil Qum), is in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p233, 590, 636)
The constant presence of diseases or infectious agents within a given geographic area or population group. It may also refer to the usual prevalence of a given disease with such area or group. It includes holoendemic and hyperendemic diseases. A holoendemic disease is one for which a high prevalent level of infection begins early in life and affects most of the child population, leading to a state of equilibrium such that the adult population shows evidence of the disease much less commonly than do children (malaria in many communities is a holoendemic disease). A hyperendemic disease is one that is constantly present at a high incidence and/or prevalence rate and affects all groups equally. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 3d ed, p53, 78, 80)
A republic stretching from the Indian Ocean east to New Guinea, comprising six main islands: Java, Sumatra, Bali, Kalimantan (the Indonesian portion of the island of Borneo), Sulawesi (formerly known as the Celebes) and Irian Jaya (the western part of New Guinea). Its capital is Djakarta. The ethnic groups living there are largely Chinese, Arab, Eurasian, Indian, and Pakistani; 85% of the peoples are of the Islamic faith.
An organism of the vegetable kingdom suitable by nature for use as a food, especially by human beings. Not all parts of any given plant are edible but all parts of edible plants have been known to figure as raw or cooked food: leaves, roots, tubers, stems, seeds, buds, fruits, and flowers. The most commonly edible parts of plants are FRUIT, usually sweet, fleshy, and succulent. Most edible plants are commonly cultivated for their nutritional value and are referred to as VEGETABLES.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
A historical and cultural entity dispersed across the wide geographical area of Europe, as opposed to the East, Asia, and Africa. The term was used by scholars through the late medieval period. Thereafter, with the impact of colonialism and the transmission of cultures, Western World was sometimes expanded to include the Americas. (Dr. James H. Cassedy, NLM History of Medicine Division)
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Foreign Professional Personnel
A parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch in southeast Asia, consisting of 11 states (West Malaysia) on the Malay Peninsula and two states (East Malaysia) on the island of BORNEO. It is also called the Federation of Malaysia. Its capital is Kuala Lumpur. Before 1963 it was the Union of Malaya. It reorganized in 1948 as the Federation of Malaya, becoming independent from British Malaya in 1957 and becoming Malaysia in 1963 as a federation of Malaya, Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore (which seceded in 1965). The form Malay- probably derives from the Tamil malay, mountain, with reference to its geography. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p715 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p329)
Demographic and epidemiologic changes that have occurred in the last five decades in many developing countries and that are characterized by major growth in the number and proportion of middle-aged and elderly persons and in the frequency of the diseases that occur in these age groups. The health transition is the result of efforts to improve maternal and child health via primary care and outreach services and such efforts have been responsible for a decrease in the birth rate; reduced maternal mortality; improved preventive services; reduced infant mortality, and the increased life expectancy that defines the transition. (From Ann Intern Med 1992 Mar 15;116(6):499-504)
Somalia is located on the east coast of Africa on and north of the Equator and, with Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and Kenya, is often referred to as the Horn of Africa. It comprises Italy's former Trust Territory of Somalia and the former British Protectorate of Somaliland. The capital is Mogadishu.
Communicable Diseases, Emerging
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Health Services Needs and Demand
Health Care Costs
The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.
WILD. Third Floor Records, 2013. CD Mitch Goudy. #ROWDIE. Third Floor Records, 2014. CD "SINGLE REVIEW: Mitch Goudy "Ain't My ... In 2014, Goudy was on the Country Music Association "Who New to Watch" list. Goudy was born in Iowa. His early influences ... Wild (2013) #Rowdie (2014) Doerschuk, Bob (August 12, 2014). "Mitch Goudy: Debut Spotlight". CMA Close Up. Ragogna, Mike ( ... Mitch Goudy (born November 2, 1994), also known as "Rowdie" Mitch Goudy, is an American country singer, songwriter, guitarist, ...
Nelson C. Nye
Nye, Nelson C. (1955). Quick-Trigger Country. Nye, Nelson C. (1955). The Lonely Grass. Nye, Nelson C. (1956). The No-Gun ... Nye, Nelson C. (1960). Ride the Wild Plains. Nye, Nelson C. (1961). The Irreverent Scout. Nye, Nelson C. (1962). Death Comes ... Nye, Nelson C. (1964). Sudden Country. Nye, Nelson C. (1964). Weeping Widow Mine. Nye, Nelson C. (1965). The Bravo Brand. Nye, ... Nye, Nelson C. (1990). Wild Horse Shorty. Nye, Nelson C. (1991). Hideout Mountain. Nye, Nelson C. (1992). Fight at Four Corners ...
Larkin, David (1998). Country Wild. Houghton Mifflin. pp. 146-147. ISBN 978-0-395-77190-7. Ciesla 2002, p. 37. Quoted in ... Maple syrup has been produced on a small scale in some other countries, notably Japan and South Korea. However, in South Korea ... The sugar maple's leaf has come to symbolize Canada, and is depicted on the country's flag. Several US states, including West ...
Wild Earth. 10. Wild Earth Association. 2000. p. 107. "Grass Valley artist leaves behind art legacy". Gold Country Media. ...
Mường Thanh Valley
Wild Asia. 8 Feb. 2009 . A Country Study: Vietnam. 9 Nov. 2005. Country Studies. Library of Congress. 2 Feb. 2009 Nam, Hoai. " ...
The play is set in a dilapidated country house in the Russian provinces. Landowner Anna Petrovna, Sofia Yegorovna, wife of Anna ... A widely performed adaptation by playwright Michael Frayn, given the title Wild Honey, debuted at London's National Theatre in ... Translated by Dmitri Makaroff (Methuen, 1961). Wild Honey. Translated and adapted by Michael Frayn (Methuen, 1986). Platonov. ... A Country Scandal. Translated and adapted by Alex Szögyi (Coward-McCann, 1960). Platonov: An Abridged Version of an Untitled ...
Jeff Carter (photographer)
Wild Country (1974); Jeff Carter's Great Book Of The Australian Outdoors (1976); All Things Wild (1977); and Jeff Carter's ... From 1972-74, Jeff Carter directed and filmed the television series Wild Country for the Seven Network. The series was edited ... Sun Books, Melbourne Carter, Jeff (1972). Wild country. Hale, London Carter, Jeff (1971). Ungezähmtes land ('Unfinished Land ... All things wild : more yarns about wild people, places and animals. Rigby, [Adelaide, Sydney, etc.] Carter, Jeff (1977). Jeff ...
"Meet Alberta-born country singer Sykamore (Q&A)". Queens of Country. Queens of Country. Retrieved 28 October 2018. Barber, Jim ... "SYKAMORE BIO". Project Wild. Project Wild. Retrieved 28 October 2018. Nicholson, Jessica. "Music Knox Records Makes Initial ... With a twangy twist of country and pop, "Record High" is a soaring, morning shower sing-along anthem to take on the day." In ... Raised on her family's ranch outside Calgary, Ostrom grew up listening to country artists such as George Strait, The Dixie ...
Isle of Skye
"Tusdale, Isle of Skye". Wild Country. Retrieved 26 December 2012. "Skye, Tusdale". Canmore. Retrieved 28 December 2012. Cooper ... A tract of land so thinly inhabited, must have much wild-fowl; and I scarcely remember to have seen a dinner without them. The ... The landlords] persuaded the Government for the second time to put the country to the expense of a naval expedition to Skye to ... Mountain hare (apparently absent in the 18th century) and rabbit are now abundant and preyed upon by wild cat and pine marten. ...
Little Eau Pleine River
"Wild Rice". Indian Country Wisconsin. Retrieved 2018-10-05. Coordinates: 44°40′24″N 89°40′47″W / 44.67333°N 89.67972°W / ... The Menominee name of the river is Manōmenāskon-Sipiah, "rice stalks river", referring to the importance of wild rice as a ...
"Wild Rice". Indian Country Wisconsin. Retrieved 2018-10-05. Hoffman, Mike. "Menominee Place Names in Wisconsin". The Menominee ... In the Menominee language, this place is known as Māēnomehsāyak, "wild rice along the banks". The name refers to the wild rice ... The trail is used for snowmobiles, snowshoeing, and cross country skiing in winter and hiking, biking and horse back riding in ... "Menominee Treaties and Treaty Rights". Indian Country Wisconsin. Retrieved 2018-10-05. Outagamie County State Centennial ...
"Wild Country". Vertebrate Publishing - Wild Country - Mark Vallance. Retrieved 2018-12-06. "Wild Country: The man who made ... "Wild-country---a-brief-history-of-friends". "Addio a Mark Vallance". www.up-climbing.com. Retrieved 2018-12-06. "Summit or ... Vallance's book, Wild Country: The Man Who Made Friends was shortlisted for the Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature. ... SHORTLIST* Wild Country by Mark Vallance". The Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature. Retrieved 2018-12-06. "NEWS: Mark ...
Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation
Retrieved 7 November 2011.[permanent dead link] Michael J. Kavanagh; Franz Wild; Jonathan Ferziger (January 2013). "Rich Man, ... of the country's recorded electricity production in 2011. The ENRC's assets in the Republic of Kazakhstan comprise Kazchrome, ... Wild et al. 2013 page 68) Fleurette Properties Ltd. In February 2010 ENRC purchased a 90% interest in Chambishi Metals PLC, a ... Poor Country". Bloomberg Markets. pp. 66-76. "ENRC shareholders approve Gertler deal". Mining Journal. 28 December 2012. ...
Country Life, London 1936-44. Wild chorus. Country Life, London 1939. Through the Air. (with Michael Bratby). Country Life, ... Country Life, London 1949. Key to the wildfowl of the world. Slimbridge 1950. Wild geese and Eskimos. Country Life & Scribner, ... Wild Wings The Wild Geese of the Newgrounds by Paul Walkden. Published by the Friends of WWT Slimbridge, 2009. ISBN 978-0- ... He was knighted in 1973 for his work in conservation of wild animals and was also a recipient of the WWF Gold Medal and the J. ...
"West Lydford". Wild Swimming. Archived from the original on 6 October 2016. Retrieved 14 May 2017. "Go Wild in the West Country ... There are also areas of the river that serve as desirable spots for wild swimming. Highbridge and Burnham railway station ...
Wild, Peter (1999). Desert Literature: The Middle Period. J. Smeaton Chase, Edna Brush Perkins, and Edwin Corle. Western ... Los Angeles: Ward Ritchie Press . Desert Country, American Folkways Series. New York: Duell, Sloan and Pearce. 1941. Fig ... Pilkington, William T. My blood's country; studies in Southwestern literature. [Fort Worth] Texas Christian University Press, ...
New Directions in Country Music compilation which was also nominated for Best Country Album. She joined Truckasaurus in 1993, a ... Fairfax was a vocalist for Wild Blue Yonder, a Sydney-based band from 1985 which had a varied line-up but had no known ... "ARIA Awards Best Country Album". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 5 April 2017. Spencer, Chris; Zbig ... Spencer, Chris; Zbig Nowara, Paul McHenry with notes by Ed Nimmervoll (2002) . "WILD BLUE YONDER". The Who's Who of ...
"Choose Country". buffalowildwings.com. Buffalo Wild Wings. Retrieved November 15, 2019. "Inspire Brands Fact Sheet" (PDF). ... as the company took ownership of Buffalo Wild Wings on February 5, 2018. Buffalo Wild Wings also owned the Rusty Taco chain. ... Inspire received Franchise Times' 2019 Dealmaker of the Year award for its acquisitions of Buffalo Wild Wings and Sonic Drive- ... "Arby's closes deal for Buffalo Wild Wings, makes new company". Star Tribune. Associated Press. February 5, 2018. Archived from ...
E&F Miler Industries
"Wild Mouse (Funtown)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 13 April 2013. Marden, Duane. "Wild Mouse (Springlake Park)". Roller ... "Roller Coaster (Country Mercantile)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 13 April 2013. Marden, Duane. "Midnight Express (Krazy ... Viking Voyage at Wild Adventures Canyon Blaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain Little Titans at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park ... "Wild Mouse (Casino Pier)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 13 April 2013. Marden, Duane. "Mine Train (Sonoma TrainTown ...
Centre of the Earth
"The Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country , Birmingham & Black Country". Wild-net.org. Retrieved 19 September ... run by the Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country. It is 1.5 km away from Birmingham City Centre and was opened in ...
Daddy Issues (band)
The first single from the album, "The Bruise," debuted on The Wild Magazine. In June, Portland-based feminist magazine Bitch ... No Country For New Nashville. 2015-05-29. Retrieved 2015-09-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Chow, Katie (2015-05-27 ... "Get Low With Daddy Issues On 'The Bruise'". The Wild Magazine. Retrieved 2015-08-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) ...
Wild Boy. Royal Ballet: - Manon; Song of the Earth; A Month in the Country; Concerto; Cinderella; Voluntaries; Dances at a ...
An alternative but less used name for the plant is "wild Irishman". The name matagouri is how speakers of English heard the ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Wassilieff, Maggy (24 September 2007). "Shrublands - Shrublands of dry country". Te Ara ... Wassilieff, Maggy (24 September 2007). "Shrublands - Shrublands of dry country: Matagouri spines". Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of ... "Matagouri/wild Irishman". Department of Conservation. Retrieved 22 January 2017. ...
Frank Fraser Darling
1938 - Wild Country. A Highland Naturalist's Notes and Pictures. Cambridge University Press. 1939 - The Seasons and the Farmer ... 1960 - Wild life in an African territory. (Study made for the Game and Tsetse Control Dept of Northern Rhodesia). Oxford ...
List of Primetime Emmy Awards received by Netflix
"Wild Wild Country". Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. "Our Planet". Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. "Tiger King: ... Wild Wild Country (2018), and Our Planet (2019). Chef's Table was nominated for seasons two, three, and five while The Keepers ...
Emma, Lady Tankerville
"The Greys and the Bennets , Chillingham Wild Cattle". Retrieved 2020-05-24. "Lady Tankerville s Legacy: A Historical and ... "Mount Felix , England's Lost Country Houses". www.lostheritage.org.uk. Retrieved 2020-05-24. "Summary of Individual , Legacies ...
The Delta Bombers
Trigger (February 26, 2019). "Winners & Recap of the 2019 Ameripolitan Awards". Saving Country Music. "Los Wild Ones". IMDb.. ... The Delta Bombers were featured alongside other Wild Records artists in the documentary called "Los Wild Ones" by director ... Their fourth studio album Pressure and Time was released in Jan 2018 on Wild Records, and crossed over into the roots music/ ... The Delta Bombers recorded their first album "Howlin'" at Wild Records USA in Nov 2008, and it was released March 2009. They ...
"Into The Wild". Country Life. April 2014: 84-85. Sophy Roberts (13 December 2013). "Jon Hunt's Wilderness Reserve". Financial ... "The Country Fair Trust". Heveningham Hall Country Fair Trust. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. CS1 maint: ... It also hosts an annual country fair, reported to attract over 10,000 attendees. All proceeds from the fair go to local ... "Great British bolt holes: the best country hotels, cabins and lodges for your domestic holidays". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 16 ...
Second edition: Country Guide, 1962. Fur bearing animals. Edmonton:Alberta Department of Lands and Forests, 1959. The wild dogs ... The Country Guide published the first magazine cover done with Tillenius's left hand in 1940, and he continued to work as an ... He also met painter of birds Alan Brooks in Vernon, British Columbia and traveled with the editor of the Country Guide on a ... Tillenius sold his first cover to the Country Guide in 1934. He barely escaped death in a railway line reconstruction accident ...
Let it go wild and the wildlife arrives miraculously Aslet, Clive. "Into The Wild". Country Life. April 2014: 84-85. "One ... Country Life reports that the estate supports 13 pairs of breeding owls and is visited by bitterns. In 2013 it ... Country Life magazine reported, "…sharp-leaved fluellen, field madder, heartsease, corn mint - these and other plants that an ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Wildest Dreams". Billionaire Magazine. ...
Type 2 diabetes
Wild S, Roglic G, Green A, Sicree R, King H (May 2004). "Global prevalence of diabetes: estimates for the year 2000 and ... The five countries with the greatest number of people with diabetes as of 2000 are India having 31.7 million, China 20.8 ... Simpson TC, Weldon JC, Worthington HV, Needleman I, Wild SH, Moles DR, Stevenson B, Furness S, Iheozor-Ejiofor Z (November 2015 ...
"wild.enature.com. Archived from the original on 14 April 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2016.. ... For example, most of the Middle Eastern countries, eating while sitting on the floor is most common, and it is believed to be ...
Salvation Mountain was featured in the book Into the Wild and also in the 2007 movie of the same name. The video for Fourth of ... Country. United States. State. California. County. Imperial. Incorporated. February 28, 1919. ...
"How to salute a magpie - Country Life". Country Life. 2015-03-19. Retrieved 2018-01-10.. ... Bekoff, M. (2009). "Animal emotions, wild justice and why they matter: Grieving magpies, a pissy baboon, and empathic elephants ... Where trees are scarce, though even in well-wooded country, nests are at times built in bushes and hedgerows. ... In the wild, they organise themselves into gangs and use complex strategies[examples needed] hunting other birds and when ...
The Wild Ride)," "Buried Alive," "Fiction," "Brompton Cocktail," "Save Me" and more. Avenged Sevenfold released a demo version ... "Bat Country". *"Beast and the Harlot". *"Seize the Day". *"Walk". *"Almost Easy" ...
... the spread is believed to involve direct contact with an infected wild animal or fruit bat. Besides bats, other wild ... The country's Minister of Health and Zaire President Mobutu Sese Seko declared the entire region, including Yambuku and the ... In Africa, wild animals including fruit bats are hunted for food and are referred to as bushmeat. In equatorial Africa ... Wild animals. Ebola has a high mortality rate among primates. Frequent outbreaks of Ebola may have resulted in the deaths ...
International Wildfowl Inquiry Volume i Factors Affecting the General Status of Wild Geese and Wild Duck. Cambridge University ... Country Life.. *^ Kraus, R.H.S.; Zeddeman, A.; van Hooft, P.; Sartakov, D.; Soloviev, S.A.; Ydenberg, Ronald C.; Prins, Herbert ... The wild mallard is the ancestor of most domestic ducks, and its naturally evolved wild gene pool gets genetically polluted by ... The wild mallard itself is the ancestor of most domestic ducks, and its naturally evolved wild gene pool gets genetically ...
P., Apps (2000). Wild Ways : Field Guide to the Behaviour of Southern African Mammals (2nd ed.). Cape Town: Struik. p. 146. ... Its historical range included South Africa, Swaziland, and Lesotho, but in the latter two countries, it was hunted to ... Bassi, J. (2013). Pilot in the Wild: Flights of Conservation and Survival. South Africa: Jacana Media. pp. 116-8. ISBN 978-1- ... The calf is able to stand and run shortly after birth, a period of great danger for animals in the wild. It is fed by its ...
7 (EP) - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
"The Fly" · "Mysterious Ways" · "One" · "Even Better Than the Real Thing" · "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses". ... "In God's Country". ...
This section mainly focuses on American concerns even if it can reasonably be generalized to other Western countries. ... Rutz, C.; Bluff, L.A.; Weir, A.A.S.; Kacelnik, A. (4 October 2007). "Video cameras on wild birds". Science. 318 (5851): 765. ... For example, researchers have observed wild chimpanzees utilising tools for foraging: some of the tools used include leaf ... Boesch, Christophe; Boesch, Hedwige (1984). "Mental map in wild chimpanzees: An analysis of hammer transports for nut cracking ...
Abortion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States, Canada, and many countries in Europe abortion is legal (not a crime). In some countries like Ireland and ... how often this occurs in the wild, though. Male Gray langur monkeys may attack females following male takeover, causing ... Different countries have different laws regarding induced abortion. While abortion is illegal in many countries, there are ... and other developing countries than in developed countries.. Personal and social factors for abortions[change , change ...
... his example is there for young poets wanting to forsake simple transcriptive dailiness for the wilder country of the afflicted ...
Lily Allen şi trupa country în videoclipul inspirat de anii '70 pentru „Not Fair". ... în fundal de o formație country și western; în video mai apar și motivele specifice, precum vaci, găini și văcărițe dansatoare. ... Oh My God" • „Drivin' Me Wild" • „Never Miss a Beat". Altele. Discografie • Lily Allen and Friends ...
Captive animals have been found to be more susceptible to pathogens than wild ones. A gram-negative bacterium, Vibrio ... Live octopuses are eaten in several countries around the world, including the US. Animal welfare groups have objected ... Due to their intelligence, octopuses are listed in some countries as experimental animals on which surgery may not be performed ... "Vibrio lentus associated with diseased wild octopus (Octopus vulgaris)". Journal of Invertebrate Pathology. 83 (2): 149-156. ...
Everest (2015 film)
1 in 12 countries. IMAX comprised $3 million of the opening gross. In its second weekend, it expanded to 22 more ... Into the Wild (1996). *Into Thin Air (1997). *Under the Banner of Heaven (2003) ... Everest was released in a total of 65 countries. In its opening weekend, it grossed $28.8 million from 5,154 screens from ... and along 36 other countries. It began a wide release in the United States on September 25, 2015. The film was a commercial ...
There are variations from country to country regarding which specialties certain subspecialties are in. ... Wilderness medicine entails the practice of medicine in the wild, where conventional medical facilities may not be available. ... Advanced industrial countries (with the exception of the United States) and many developing countries provide medical ... Family medicine, family practice, general practice or primary care is, in many countries, the first port-of-call for patients ...
White Hunter Black Heart
Charlotte Cornwell as Miss Wilding, Wilson's Secretary. *Norman Lumsden as Butler George ... Country. United States. Language. English. Budget. $24 million. Box office. $2 million. ...
42 in UK, but failed to chart in US. A few years later, the song became a US Country No. 1 hit for The Bellamy Brothers. ... Jethro Tull, Phil Lynott, Wild Horses, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Rod Stewart, The Bellamy Brothers, Kim Carnes, Waylon Jennings ... 5 in the US country chart. Miller's songs have earned him many songwriting awards and have been covered by artists such as ...
Soderlund, Jean R. Lenape Country: Delaware Valley Society before William Penn. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press ... fashioned from the iridescent body feathers of wild turkeys. ... By then living mostly in the Ohio Country, the Lenape supplied ... In 1847, John Meusebach was assisted by Jim Shaw (Delaware), in settling the German communities in the Texas Hill Country. For ... Through this, the Lenape hoped to establish the Ohio Country as a state inhabited exclusively by Native Americans, as part of ...
In the early 1900s Detroit became the fourth-largest city in the country, attracting many black and white migrants from the ... As early as 1942, he advocated the expulsion of Arabs from Palestine and their resettlement in other Arab countries. His ... They exaggerate the sins committed by their own country, excuse the malevolence of its enemies and, as later polemicists have ... His solution to anti-Semitism was a combination of a Jewish homeland, greater tolerance, and assimilation in other countries. ...
Tests on pet dogs, carried out throughout the country in 2009 indicated that around 2.5% of ticks in the UK may be infected, ... as red deer and wild boars (Sus scrofa), in which one Rickettsia and three Borrelia species were identified", with ... Ticks may also transmit other tick-borne diseases to workers in these and other regions of the country. Worksites with woods, ... but have been isolated in almost every country on the continent. Number of cases in southern Europe, such as Italy and ...
Joe E. Brown
His best known postwar role was that of aging millionaire Osgood Fielding III in Billy Wilder's 1959 comedy Some Like It Hot. ... In 1902, at the age of ten, he joined a troupe of circus tumblers known as the Five Marvelous Ashtons, who toured the country ... and Going Wild (1930). By 1931, Brown had become such a star that his name was billed above the title in the films in which he ...
... gathering wild foods and growing crops. During times of crisis, to resist slave raids and to respond to wars, the Banda ... traditionally found in the northeastern part of the country. ...
... country by country.. For the first time since the demise of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, we face a global mass ... See also: IUCN Red List extinct in the wild species, List of endangered species, and List of critically endangered species ... Currently, livestock make up 60% of the biomass of all mammals on earth, followed by humans (36%) and wild mammals (4%). As for ... Chytrid fungus has spread across Australia, New Zealand, Central America and Africa, including countries with high amphibian ...
Lens is a small genus which consists of the cultivated L. culinaris and six related wild taxa. Among the different taxa of wild ... In western countries, cooked lentils are often used in salads. Lentils are commonly eaten in Ethiopia in a stew-like dish ... A lentil and rice dish is referred to in Arab countries as mujaddara or mejadra. In Iran, rice and lentil is served with fried ... Wild Lens species are a significant source of genetic variation for improving the relatively narrow genetic base of this crop. ...
Its drainage basin covers a surface of 273,000 square kilometres (105,000 sq mi), which is 24% of the country's area and where ... the Spanish conquistadores who arrived to today's Colombia early in the 16th century used the river to push to the wild and ... through the western half of the country. It takes its name from the biblical figure Mary Magdalene. It is navigable through ...
Winter Park, Florida
... "wild" (in their case, "wild men"), or "runaway" [men]. The site was first inhabited by Europeans in 1858, when David Mizell ... a golf course country club, a historic cemetery, and a beach and boat launch. ...
Wild Horse Creek Gold Rush, British Columbia (1860s),[clarification needed]. *Eastern Oregon Gold Rush (1860s-1870s)[ ... In South Africa, the Witwatersrand Gold Rush in the Transvaal was important to that country's history, leading to the founding ...
East New York, Brooklyn
It was replicated in other parts of the city and country and led to national legislation. The Nehemiah homes were funded by ... and is considered to be like the Wild West in some fashions. It is generally bordered by Ruby Street, South Conduit Avenue ... Country Yossi (born 1949), Orthodox Jewish composer, singer, radio show host, author, and magazine publisher ... "Echoes of the Wild West Mark an Urban Frontier". New York Times. Retrieved September 26, 2012 ...
Tourism in Botswana
Costs may be as low as $50 in other regions of the country. Botswana is considered the safest country to visit in Africa. ... wild dog, leopard, lion, blue wildebeest, eland, gemsbok, kudu and red hartebeest. ... Citizens of the United States, South Africa, British Commonwealth countries, and most Western European countries do not need ... This is also the country's first national park. Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. Main article: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park ...
Wild Country - Wikipedia
Wild Country may refer to: Wild Country (1947 film), an American film directed by Ray Taylor Wild Country (2005 film), a 2005 ... low budget British horror film Wild Wild Country, a 2018 Netflix documentary series about the Rajneesh movement Wild Country ( ... a manufacturer of climbing equipment This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wild Country. If an ...
Wild Wild Country - Wikipedia
Debnath, Neela (March 8, 2018). "Wild Wild Country on Netflix: When is Wild Wild Country released on Netflix?". Daily Express. ... Wild Wild Country has a profound, mesmerizing power itself". In 2018, Wild Wild Country won the Creative Arts Emmy Award for ... Wild Wild Country Gurus Right Hand Woman". IndieWire. Retrieved 2021-04-14. Oregon portal Wild Wild Country at IMDb. ... "Wild Wild Country". Sundance Film Festival. The Sundance Institute. Retrieved March 13, 2018. Finberg, Daniel. "Wild Wild ...
Wild Country Carabiners | REI Co-op
Wild Country Helium Friend Cams at REI
Wild Country Helium Clean-Wire Biner
Wild horses aren't overrunning the West - High Country News
Wild horses arent overrunning the West. A Trump administration proposal sets wild horse populations at extinction levels.. ... Wild horses arent overrunning the West. Theyre not starving. In fact, theyre not even present on over 80 percent of BLM ... Note: the opinions expressed in this column are those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect those of High Country News, ... Ellie Phipps Price is a contributor to Writers on the Range, the opinion service of High Country News. She is president of the ...
Wild horses could go to Mexico - High Country News
Rancher Merle Edsall wants to save wild horses by sending them to a sanctuary in Sonora, Mexico, but some fear such a move ... WILD PLACES PROGRAM DIRECTOR. WildEarth Guardians protects and restores the wildlife, wild places, wild rivers, and health of ... "If the BLM would manage wild horses according to the Wild Horse and Burro Act, there would be no need to send these horses to ... Wild horses could go to Mexico. Jamie McEvoy Nov. 11, 2002 From the print edition Like Tweet Email Print Subscribe Donate Now ...
EWG's Food Scores | Hill Country Fares Wild Strawberry Gelatin Dessert, Wild Strawberry
Wild Strawberry from EWGs Food Scores! EWGs Food Scores rates more than 80,000 foods in a simple, searchable online format to ... Check out the food score for Hill Country Fares Wild Strawberry Gelatin Dessert, ... Hill Country Fares Wild Strawberry Gelatin Dessert, Wild Strawberry. EWG assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of images ... Label for Hill Country Fares Wild Strawberry Gelatin Dessert, Wild Strawberry captured by LabelINSIGHT on Oct 16, 2020 Tell us ...
Wild Country Helium Friends Reviews - Trailspace
Wild River Country (maintenance, place, ownership) - Arkansas (AR) - City-Data Forum
wild river country upgrade, Little Rock - Conway area, 2 replies * Leaving the WILD WILD WEST....Great RURAL areas to live ... Is there a State/Province/Region in your country that is the wild part of that country?, World, 25 replies ... is Wild River Country getting lazy or not, Little Rock - Conway area, 1 replies ...
Wild Rice and Ham Country Tart Recipe - Pillsbury.com
Wild Wild Country Leaves Out Friederike Kruse Murder of Fellow Rajneesh Follower Angela Bretnall
... was left out of Wild Wild Country. Friederike Kruse violently stabbed fellow Rajneeshee Angela Bretnall. ... Netflixs addictive Wild Wild Country depicts the foundation-and ultimate downfall-of Rajneeshpuram in central Oregon and its ... The Grisly Murder Left Out of Wild Wild Country. In 1990, a former Rajneesh follower stabbed a fellow believer and ripped out ... "Even if it did, we would have not included it in Wild Wild Country. Our series primarily focuses on the events in Eastern ...
Wild Country Camping Tents | eBay
... s largest selection of Wild Country Camping Tents. Free delivery and free returns on eBay Plus items ... Wild Country Tent 9 People. Wild Country Yarra 9P Dome Tent. Used a few times. Good condition, however with a small rip on the ... Wild Country Resort Tent 6 Person Bargain!! No reserve Great condition wild country used about half a dozen times. No rips or ... Wild Country Shelter Duo Toilet/Shower Ensuite. Wild Country Shelter Duo Toilet/Shower Ensuite. Brand New, never used or ...
Wild Poliovirus Type 1 and Type 3 Importations --- 15 Countries, Africa, 2008--2009
... The Global Polio Eradication Initiative ... Resurgence of wild poliovirus type 1 transmission and consequences of importation-21 countries, 2002-2005. MMWR 2006;. 55:145- ... TABLE 1. Importations of wild poliovirus (WPV) type 1 and type 3 into 15 previously polio-free* countries - Africa, 2008-2009 ... Among these five countries, Angola, Chad, and Sudan have been the source of multiple WPV importations to neighboring countries ...
Wild Country Grand Illusion Chalk Bag - Trailspace.com
A Wild Country Grows in South Sudan | Outside Online
The new country of South Sudan is blessed with oil, water, and a safari bonanza: one of the largest, most stunning animal ... A Wild Country Grows in South Sudan. The new country of South Sudan is blessed with oil, water, and a safari bonanza: one of ... The countrys imperiled elephants (Photo: Marco Di Lauro). THE NEWEST country in the world is physically large-240,000 square ... The country has perhaps five years to transform itself into a conservation nation, American biologist Paul Elkan, country ...
WILD COUNTRY XTX SPORT
Wild Country Helium Quickdraw | Outside.co.uk
Resurgence of Wild Poliovirus Type 1 Transmission and Consequences of Importation --- 21 Countries, 2002--2005
... countries§ were affected by importations of wild poliovirus (WPV) type 1 from the six remaining countries (primarily Nigeria) ... Resurgence of Wild Poliovirus Type 1 Transmission and Consequences of Importation --- 21 Countries, 2002--2005. ... Countries with Ongoing Transmission In six countries (i.e., five with sustained transmission [Angola, Ethiopia, Indonesia, ... The eight countries without sustained WPV transmission differed in other ways from the 13 countries with sustained transmission ...
Wild Country Ropeman 2 Ascender - Needle Sports Ltd
Wild Country Helium 3 Quickdraw - Needle Sports Ltd
Wild Country Proton Straight Gate Karabiner | Outside.co.uk
The unusual hot-forged body of the Wild Country Proton karabiner is stable in the hand, with a deep basket to ensure the bolt ... Wild Country Proton Straight Gate Karabiner. The unusual hot-forged body of the Wild Country Proton karabiner is stable in the ... The unusual hot-forged body of the Wild Country Proton karabiner is stable in the hand, with a deep basket to ensure the bolt ... Orders weighing 2kgs and under, going to European countries will cost £9.95. ...
Wild Country Bee Pollen - Bag, 250g | Shop at SPUD.ca
Wild Country Helium Wiregate Carabiner - 5 Pack - Red
The Wild Country Helium Wiregate is ultra light and incredibly strong. The Helium continues to be possibly the perfect on-sight ... The Wild Country Helium Wiregate is ultra light and incredibly strong. The Helium continues to be possibly the best on-sight ... The Wild Country Helium Wiregate is ultra light and incredibly strong. The Helium continues to be possibly the perfect on-sight ... The Wild Country Helium Wiregate is ultra light and incredibly strong. The Helium continues to be possibly the perfect on-sight ...
Wild Country Helium Quickdraw 10cm | Quickdraws | Rock + Run
The Wild Country Helium Quickdraw 10cm is a super light and strong, easy to clip, trad climbing quickdraw that is excellent for ... The Wild Country Helium Quickdraw 10cm is a super light, strong, easy to clip trad climbing quickdraw that is excellent for on- ... and the rope biner is held in place by the Wild Country Tadpole (rubber retainer). ...
Mission Harness by Wild Country | US-Parks.com
Mission Harness by Wild Country by Wild Country: Trad Harnesses, Trad & Aid Climbing, Currently priced at $94.95. Price subject ... Mission Harness by Wild Country The Wild Country Mens Mission Harness has a unique Dura-Weave construction thats unique to ... Currently Viewing Wild Country Mission HarnessMore by Wild Country. Climbing Hardware ... Currently Viewing Wild Country Mission HarnessMore by Wild Country. Climbing Hardware ...
Find the Wild West in Cody's Yellowstone Country - My Yellowstone Park
Find the Wild West in Cody. Locals like to brag Cody, Wyo., and the surrounding area is where your great American adventure ... Cody Yellowstone Country. Cody County Visitor Center. 307-587-2297. 836 Sheridan Ave, Cody, WY 82414. Email: [email protected] ... Located near Stampede Rodeo Park, enjoy this ultra-casual live country western music show and dinner buffet. The show is over ... The founder of Cody, Wyoming called Mark Twain a friend, entertained Queen Victoria, and employed Annie Oakley in his Wild West ...
Who cares about sulfate and wild rice? Everyone - Indian Country News
... scientists are working at breakneck speed to unravel the relationship between the states iconic wild rice plant and something ... Wild rice is the states most important wild food crop. Throw in Indian culture - manomin, or wild rice, is a sacred staple for ... No other state has a sulfate standard for wild rice.". Pastor already knows a little bit about sulfate and wild rice. Hes been ... Wild rice naturally waxes and wanes on roughly four-year cycles, which Pastor found to be related to the degree of decay from ...
'Wild, Wild Country' and the Delusion of Finding Yourself - RELEVANT...
Wild, Wild Country is-to use a word as rich and indulgent as the cult it details-intoxicating. The footage of the Rajneeshees ... Throughout Wild, Wild Countrys six episodes, Bhagwan, his pseudo-lieutenant Sheela, and the sannyasins present their ideas ... Wild, Wild Country is a flawed series-its too vague about Bhagwans teachings, and the filmmakers dont exactly fact-check ... Wild, Wild Country and the Delusion of Finding Yourself. The cult in Netflixs miniseries sells a twisted, attractive lie.. * ...
Gathering Mushrooms in the Wild | Maria's Farm Country Kitchen
Gathering Mushrooms in the Wild: Eating in the Wind. Published on October 25, 2011 in Exploring, Inspiration, Organic Food, ... As Euell Gibbons would say, "Wild things should be eaten in the wind." I build a small fire, heat up a skillet, brown some ... Here in Southern Pennsylvania, I eat four wild mushrooms and I know them very well: I hunt for morels in the spring, puffballs ... Im not an expert, by far, but I know enough about wild mushrooms to encourage you to give foraging a try. ...
QuickdrawCarabiner2018KarabinerRajneeshHelium FriendsPreviously polio-freeWiregateAfricaDepictsWildlife2002SheelaImportationsBirdsPolio casesManage wild horses1988Search2017Country'sColorsCaliforniaWatersState'sRice plantsOutbreakMustangsPopulationsBlendHealthDetailsClimbingSulfateCropGloballyNetflixHorses liveReviewsFindForestVendorLanguageDeathsResults
- Quite possibly the best all-round quickdraw on the market, if you just want one set of draws for everything from sport to trad to winter climbing, the Wild Country Helium II is it. (outside.co.uk)
- The Wild Country Helium Quickdraw 10cm is a super light, strong, easy to clip trad climbing quickdraw that is excellent for on-sighting. (rockrun.com)
- Wild Country quickdraw set featuring the innovative Proton carabiner. (barrabes.com)
- The rope friendly radius and rope groove help keep the rope in line with the spine where the carabiner is strongest, and the rope biner is held in place by the Wild Country Tadpole (rubber retainer). (rockrun.com)
- The Wild Country Helium carabiner has received a lot of hype since its release over a decade ago, and, due to its exorbitant price here in the US, a lot of grumbles. (outdoorgearlab.com)
- Wild Country released the an updated version of this carabiner called the Helium 3 . (outdoorgearlab.com)
- Since our test period, Wild Country updated our Editors' Choice winning carabiner to the Helium 3 . (outdoorgearlab.com)
- The Wild Country Helium is a hot-forged wiregate carabiner. (outdoorgearlab.com)
- Wild Country may refer to: Wild Country (1947 film), an American film directed by Ray Taylor Wild Country (2005 film), a 2005 low budget British horror film Wild Wild Country, a 2018 Netflix documentary series about the Rajneesh movement Wild Country (company), a manufacturer of climbing equipment This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wild Country. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2018, Wild Wild Country won the Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series. (wikipedia.org)
- The unusual hot-forged body of the Wild Country Proton karabiner is stable in the hand, with a deep basket to ensure the bolt stays in the correct part of the karabiner. (outside.co.uk)
- Wild Wild Country is a Netflix documentary series about the controversial Indian guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho), his one-time personal assistant Ma Anand Sheela, and their community of followers in the Rajneeshpuram community located in Wasco County, Oregon. (wikipedia.org)
- Some have criticized Wild Wild Country for leaving out critical information regarding the activities of the Rajneesh followers, particularly regarding sexual assault of women and children as well as possible intent to unleash an AIDS epidemic. (wikipedia.org)
- Friederike Kruse, a schoolteacher from Germany and dedicated member of the Rajneesh community depicted in Netflix's Wild Wild Country , had violently stabbed fellow Rajneeshee Angela Bretnall, a 39-year-old housekeeper and Australian immigrant, to death. (esquire.com)
- Netflix's addictive Wild Wild Country depicts the foundation-and ultimate downfall-of Rajneeshpuram in central Oregon and its leaders, the Rolls Royce-driving guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his secretary Ma Anand Sheela. (esquire.com)
- There's nothing wrong with self-improvement, but the lie of the Rajneesh, and the delusion of the people we see in Wild, Wild Country , is that self-improvement inevitably leads to a better humanity. (relevantmagazine.com)
- They poisoned local townsfolk and exploited thousands of homeless people to take over Wasco County ( Wild, Wild Country shows the Rajneesh taking in the homeless, but doesn't report that many of those homeless people were turned back out on the streets of Oregon after their purposes in the election had been served. (relevantmagazine.com)
- Go to eBay to search for Wild Country Helium Friends. (ultrarob.com)
- Despite this success in controlling indigenous transmission, during 2002--2006, 20 previously polio-free countries * in Africa and Asia had importations of WPV1 originating from Nigeria ( 2 --4 ), and three polio-free countries in Africa had WPV1 importations originating from India ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- This report describes 32 WPV importations into 15 African countries, resulting in 96 polio cases during January 2008--March 2009 and persistent WPV transmission in five previously polio-free African countries ( 5 ). (cdc.gov)
- The Wild Country Helium Wiregate is ultra light and incredibly strong. (climbers-shop.com)
- However, during 2008--2009, multiple importations of WPV from countries with ongoing transmission resumed in Africa. (cdc.gov)
- Sensitive surveillance and continued rapid response supplemental immunization activities (SIAs) † are key to limiting further WPV spread, interrupting the outbreaks, and allowing the polio prevention focus in Africa to return to eradicating polio in countries with persistent WPV transmission. (cdc.gov)
- SIAs in west and central Africa and Sudan were synchronized among as many as 22 countries. (cdc.gov)
- Switching gears from the crop to people, family is also the key to success with the groundnut research family stretching from ICRISAT to Africa (Malawi, Senegal and Tanzania), and beyond to the Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (EMBRAPA), France's Centre de coopération internationale en recherche agronomique pour le développement ‒ CIRAD, and USA's University of Georgia. (generationcp.org)
- Twenty-one countries of varying economic developmental status on three continents, Africa, Asia, and Europe, surround a 26,000-km coastline with an estimated 465.5 million inhabitants ( Figure 1 ). (mdpi.com)
- Wild birds played a role in the evolution of influenza A(H7N9) virus ( 3 ) and might have contributed to the spread of this virus to parts of Asia, Europe, and Africa after a 2005 outbreak in birds at Qinghai Lake in China ( 4 , 5 ). (cdc.gov)
- The man had some sort of charisma, considering tens of thousands of people uprooted their lives to follow him to Oregon, but really, the footage in Wild, Wild Country depicts someone clearly influential, but not all that striking, either in tambour or manner or appearance. (relevantmagazine.com)
- But what was intended to be a wildlife protection law has been implemented by the agency in charge - the Bureau of Land Management - as if it's closer to a pest-control statute that is designed to benefit ranchers who graze livestock on the public lands where wild horses live. (hcn.org)
- WildEarth Guardians protects and restores the wildlife, wild places, wild rivers, and health of the American West. (hcn.org)
- WITH incredible walks through nature, amazing wildlife and indulgent food, a country break can be the perfect getaway. (thescottishsun.co.uk)
- Wild in the Country" will present the 'Big Four' - arguably the four most influential wildlife artists of the 19th and 20th century -- Bruno Liljefors, Wilhelm Kuhnhert, Carl Rungius and Bob Kuhn. (thomasvillega.com)
- I was back in the New Mexico high country for a couple of days this last week and got to spend some time on a beautiful ranch and observe some of the native wildlife in their natural habitat. (blogspot.com)
- This report summarizes WPV importations into polio-free countries during 2002--2005 and the status of WPV transmission in these countries as of January 24, 2006, and describes actions that polio-free countries can take to improve importation preparedness. (cdc.gov)
- WPV type 1 originating from India has resulted in 15 polio cases in three countries since 2002. (cdc.gov)
- Since 2002, Costa Rica's Federation for the Conservation of the Environment has recorded 66 crimes and murders against environmentalists in Costa Rica and other Central American countries, many drug trafficking-related. (earth911.com)
- In January 2019, Priyanka Chopra announced that she will be starring as Ma Anand Sheela in an Amazon Studios feature film adaptation of Wild Wild Country. (wikipedia.org)
- Throughout Wild, Wild Country 's six episodes, Bhagwan, his pseudo-lieutenant Sheela, and the sannyasins present their ideas from a standpoint of global permeation. (relevantmagazine.com)
- By the end of 2007, control efforts in all countries except Angola, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Niger, and Sudan had stopped transmission of WPV1 caused by these importations. (cdc.gov)
- During January 2008--March 2009, 32 importations of WPV1 and WPV3 resulted in 96 polio cases in 15 African countries ( Figure , Table 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- Of these, 29 WPV importations originated from Nigeria, with WPVs either imported directly or after transmission through another country, resulting in 68 polio cases. (cdc.gov)
- Three WPV importations originated from India, either imported directly or after transmission through another country, resulting in 28 cases. (cdc.gov)
- During 2008--2009, increased circulation of WPV1 in Nigeria resulted in WPV1 importations into eight countries. (cdc.gov)
- The median interval from onset of paralysis in the first case to laboratory confirmation of WPV was 51 days (range: 24--123 days) in the 21 countries with importations ( Table ). (cdc.gov)
- Wild birds play a major role in the evolution, maintenance, and spread of avian influenza viruses. (cdc.gov)
- However, surveillance for these viruses in wild birds is sporadic, geographically biased, and often limited to the last outbreak virus. (cdc.gov)
- At least 119 countries conducted avian influenza virus surveillance in wild birds during 2008-2013, but coordination and standardization was lacking among surveillance efforts, and most focused on limited subsets of influenza viruses. (cdc.gov)
- Given high financial and public health burdens of recent avian influenza outbreaks, we call for sustained, cost-effective investments in locations with high avian influenza diversity in wild birds and efforts to promote standardized sampling, testing, and reporting methods, including full-genome sequencing and sharing of isolates with the scientific community. (cdc.gov)
- Wild birds are natural reservoirs for avian influenza virus ( 4 , 7 ), host a wide diversity of subtypes, and provide a dynamic population for viral evolution and transmission to domestic flocks and mammals. (cdc.gov)
- Most hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) subtypes have been detected in wild birds, although some infrequently ( 8 , 9 ). (cdc.gov)
- This high energy blend is a favourite of wild birds. (ruddstownandcountry.com)
- Hang outdoors to attract finches and other small wild birds. (ruddstownandcountry.com)
- These feeders are especially designed for wild birds suet cakes. (ruddstownandcountry.com)
- So are Noto - icecream, Modica - chocolate, and Reserva Naturale Vendicari - birds and wild flowers. (homeaway.com)
- An importation event is defined as detection of one or more polio cases in a country resulting from WPV transmission that genetic analysis shows to have first circulated in another country. (cdc.gov)
- Transmission was then imported to Sudan in mid--2004, resulting in 147 polio cases in that country during 2004--2005. (cdc.gov)
- The number of reported polio cases resulting from a single importation ranged from one in multiple countries to 44 in Chad ( Table ). (cdc.gov)
Manage wild horses2
- In 2013, the National Academy of Sciences recommended that the BLM use PZP fertility control to manage wild horses on the range. (hcn.org)
- If the BLM would manage wild horses according to the Wild Horse and Burro Act, there would be no need to send these horses to Mexico," says Barbara Flores of the Colorado Wild Horse and Burro Coalition. (hcn.org)
- After the 1988 World Health Assembly resolution to eradicate poliomyelitis globally,* the number of polio-endemic countries decreased from 125 in 1988 to six (Afghanistan, Egypt, India, Niger, Nigeria, and Pakistan) in 2003 ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- In 1988, he won the National Championship for cross-country skiing in Steamboat Springs. (summitdaily.com)
- A project is underway to search for solutions, led by Dr. François Tardif at the University of Guelph, and a preliminary screening trial was conducted in Grey County in 2019 based on queries for how to manage Group 1-resistant wild oats, particularly in barley. (country-guide.ca)
- Wild horses are released back on the range in Nevada in 2017. (hcn.org)
- Over 60 fragrances to choose from in warm country colors. (herbalremedies.com)
- She is president of the American Wild Horse Campaign and owner of Durell Vineyards in California and the 2,000-acre Montgomery Creek Ranch , a Northern California refuge for 240 wild horses. (hcn.org)
- Some taconite mining operations, wastewater treatment plants and proposed copper mining operations might not be able to meet the current sulfate limit of 10 parts per million in wild rice waters, experts say. (indiancountrynews.com)
- Minnesota limits sulfate discharges from mines and other sources into waters that produce wild rice to 10 milligrams per liter, based on research from the 1940s suggesting that higher levels can stunt development of the plants. (indiancountrynews.com)
- We want to protect wild rice, but we believe that any standard for the level of sulfate in wild rice waters has to be based on science," said Frank Ongaro, executive director of the industry group Mining Minnesota. (indiancountrynews.com)
- Tom Howes, natural resources manager for the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians, who harvest wild rice in waters downstream from the state's main mining area, said he hadn't fully digested the reports and data and didn't want to speculate on what the MPCA might conclude. (indiancountrynews.com)
- Photos of a wild boar seen swimming in the waters of Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour on Tuesday evening have gone viral on social media. (atimes.com)
- In canning jars, cattle troughs and 100 lakes across Minnesota, scientists are working at breakneck speed to unravel the relationship between the state's iconic wild rice plant and something called sulfate. (indiancountrynews.com)
- Wild rice is the state's most important wild food crop. (indiancountrynews.com)
- Pastor is looking at wild rice plants in his lab, grown in individual Ball canning jars subjected to varying degrees of sulfate and other tightly controlled substances. (indiancountrynews.com)
- The theory behind the overall three-year study is that higher concentrations of sulfates can harm wild rice plants when they're converted into sulfides in the sediments where the plants grow. (indiancountrynews.com)
- In addition, WPV type 1 of Nigerian origin was transmitted into seven other countries after virus from the Chad outbreak spread to Sudan in mid-2004. (cdc.gov)
- Mass killing of mustangs is certainly not what Congress intended when it unanimously passed the Wild Free Roaming Horses and Burros Act in 1971, designating these animals as "living symbols of the historic and pioneer spirit of the West" to be protected from "harassment, capture, branding and death. (hcn.org)
- Fertility control: Essential to American wild burros and mustangs While wild burros are legally viewed in the same light as the American mustang, protected as a living symbol of the American West, the wild horses often seem to receive most of the public's attention. (humanesociety.org)
- A Trump administration proposal sets wild horse populations at extinction levels. (hcn.org)
- But their future in 10 Western states is in jeopardy, thanks to a Trump administration proposal to reduce wild populations to extinction levels by killing as many as 90,000 of these iconic animals. (hcn.org)
- The other objective was to see if these Group 1-resistant wild oat populations could be managed with other Group 1 herbicides. (country-guide.ca)
- The Wild Flower Days Country Barn Soy Jar Candle is a delicate blend of spring lilacs in full bloom busheled together with freshly cut grass. (herbalremedies.com)
- According to World Health Organization (WHO)/UNICEF estimates for 2003, the eight countries had median vaccination coverage (3 doses of live, attenuated oral polio vaccine [OPV3] by age 12 months) of 83% compared with a median coverage of 52% in the other 13 countries (p = 0.001, Wilcoxon rank-sum test). (cdc.gov)
- Country Barn Candles are Lead Free - Many other candles use wicks that have Lead which is hazardous to your health. (herbalremedies.com)
- To identify opportunities to optimize wild bird surveillance for understanding viral diversity, we reviewed responses to a World Organisation for Animal Health-administered survey, government reports to this organization, articles on Web of Knowledge, and the Influenza Research Database. (cdc.gov)
- Wild, Wild Country is-to use a word as rich and indulgent as the cult it details-intoxicating. (relevantmagazine.com)
- Who cares about sulfate and wild rice? (indiancountrynews.com)
- As wild rice enthusiasts in canoes harvest this year's crop across northern Minnesota, researchers are looking to see how much sulfate is too much for wild rice. (indiancountrynews.com)
- Researchers at the farm will soon be testing wild rice reaction in water with less than 10 parts per million of sulfate, but also with 50, 100, 150 and 300 parts per million, to see what happens. (indiancountrynews.com)
- The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency said it plans to make preliminary recommendations by the end of February on whether a state standard meant to protect wild rice from sulfate discharges should be changed based on a stack of reports and data just released from a major study. (indiancountrynews.com)
- While the study summary says some of the reports on specific aspects of the research include data about sulfate and sulfide concentrations and their effects on wild rice, it would be "premature" to say whether they show that the standard should be changed. (indiancountrynews.com)
- Each Study component uses a different approach to examine how sulfate might affect wild rice. (indiancountrynews.com)
- There are few options since many of the Group 2 cereal herbicides that control Group 1-resistant wild oats are not labelled for use on barley, due to unacceptable crop injury. (country-guide.ca)
- The Western Canada herbicide Assert (Group 2) provided excellent control of wild oats and exhibited excellent crop safety (Figure 3 below). (country-guide.ca)
- This exceptional marmalade is the product of a single yearly crop of wild oranges, and is therefore rather precious. (fortnumandmason.com)
- by 2006, indigenous transmission of wild poliovirus (WPV) type 2 infection had been interrupted globally, and indigenous transmission of type 1 and 3 (WPV1 and WPV3) infection had been interrupted in all but four countries worldwide (Afghanistan, India, Nigeria, and Pakistan) ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- For example, alarm about influenza A(H5N1) virus resulted in short-term spending of hundreds of millions of dollars for wild bird-related research globally. (cdc.gov)
- Wild Wild Country on Netflix: When is Wild Wild Country released on Netflix? (wikipedia.org)
- 5 out of 5 stars with 1 reviews for Wild Country Helium Clean-Wire Biner. (mec.ca)
- We are headed out of the dismal capital, driving south for four hours toward the Imatong Mountains, where we hope to find and summit Mount Kinyeti, at 10,456 feet the highest peak in the country. (outsideonline.com)
- A good on-road tire that's also good on all-terrain isn't the easiest combination to find for a light truck or SUV, but the Wild Country XTX Sport does exactly both, and it provides solid pavement traction, as well, making it a solid all-arounder for your vehicle. (kaltire.com)
- in a multicounty experiment on rapeseed in Europe, find that neonicotinoid exposure from several nontarget sources reduces overwintering success and colony reproduction in both honeybees and wild bees. (sciencemag.org)
- You wont find a candle that delivers a better aroma than Country Barn Jar Candles. (herbalremedies.com)
- Nestled in the sleepy village of Beaulieu, where wild ponies roam the cobbled streets, The Montagu Arms is the ideal spot for a New Forest break. (thescottishsun.co.uk)
- The 4,760-acre Halcott Mountain Wild Forest is the most westerly unit of the Catskill Forest Preserve . (ny.gov)
- Halcott Mountain Wild Forest is open to cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. (ny.gov)
- There are 4 parking areas that can be used to access the Halcott Mountain Wild Forest. (ny.gov)
- All users of Halcott Mountain Wild Forest must follow all State Land Use Regulations and should follow all Outdoor Safety Practices for the safety of the user and protection of the resource. (ny.gov)
- This handsome train, painted forest green with yellow trim and a red engine, was carrying me up and over the Sierra Madre Occidental, one of Mexico's wildest frontiers. (wanderlust.co.uk)
- WILD HARE COUNTRY FESTIVAL is all about real-deal, honest country music featuring 17 outstanding acts, THREE live stages, delicious foods, onsite camping, vendor village, and a whole bunch of really fun Country Music fans! (tickettomato.com)
- Modifying the language does not modify the selected country and currency. (alexandermcqueen.com)
- A South Korean actress has died after being found unconscious in her home - the latest in a string of tragic deaths in the country. (news.com.au)
- Across the 53 countries in the region, there have been at least 37 deaths and more than 41,000 cases in the first half of this year, already nearly twice the 23,927 cases recorded in the whole of 2016. (newscientist.com)
- Across the country, extreme rainfall events and floods are causing more runoff, which results in more contaminants in the water. (wlu.ca)